时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:04] | …which for Yonkers has been a long time coming. | 扬克斯市等待今天已经等了很久了 |
[00:12] | And so, for all of us, this special day | 因此 对我们所有人来说 今天这个特别的日子 |
[00:15] | is a validation of the city’s future. | 是对扬克斯市未来的肯定 |
[00:22] | We’re here today to celebrate a new beginning, | 我们今日在此庆祝一个崭新的开始 |
[00:25] | a new life of a different sort. | 一种全然不同的新生活 |
[00:26] | This one for five residents of public housing, | 这次的五名公共住房居民 |
[00:30] | who’ll be the first to move into the new townhouses. | 将成为首批入住新联排住宅的住户 |
[00:38] | If those five residents would please come forward, | 有请五位居民上到台前来 |
[00:40] | I would like, as the mayor of Yonkers, | 我 作为扬克斯市市长 |
[00:42] | to present you each with a symbolic key | 将为你们每人颁发一枚 |
[00:45] | to your new townhouse. | 新房的象征钥匙 |
[00:47] | All right! | 太棒了 |
[00:56] | – Thank you. – Ooh. Ooh, look at this! | -谢谢 -快看啊 |
[01:00] | Thank you, sir. | 谢谢你 先生 |
[01:02] | Whoo! | 喔 |
[01:06] | Yes, sir. | 太好了 先生 |
[01:31] | Mary. Hey! Wh-where you been? | 玛丽 嘿 你最近去哪儿了 |
[01:33] | Oh, hey, Jack. | 嘿 杰克 |
[01:35] | Everything good? Nice to see you. | 一切都好吗 很高兴见到你 |
[01:36] | We’re making real progress knocking down | 我们正在有力地阻止 |
[01:38] | the affordable housing part of the court order. | 经济适用房成为法令内容的一部分 |
[01:40] | – We– we just need to keep the pressure on. – Uh-huh. | -我们 我们只要继续施压 -嗯哼 |
[01:42] | And the compromise plan the council approved | 议会通过的折衷法案 |
[01:46] | fell apart the day before they were going to give it to Sand. | 在被上交给桑德法官的前一天就失效了 |
[01:48] | Mary, we can stop the next 800 units. | 玛丽 我们能叫停接下来的八百户 |
[01:52] | Jack, the thing is | 杰克 事实上 |
[01:54] | affordable housing is for people who can afford to rent. | 经济适用房是给有能力租房的居民准备的 |
[01:57] | So it’s not the same thing. | 所以这是两码事 |
[01:59] | It’s the same. | 这是一码事 |
[02:00] | It drops down property values, it brings in the bad element. | 它降低了地产价值 带来了坏影响 |
[02:03] | It’s just I don’t agree with you, okay? | 我只是和你意见相左而已 好吗 |
[02:06] | They said you went to the other side. | 他们说你倒戈了 |
[02:07] | I didn’t believe them. | 我不相信他们 |
[02:09] | You working with the housing people now, right? | 你现在是和公共住房的人一起工作 对吗 |
[02:10] | They tried the same program in Greenburgh | 他们在格林伯格推行了同样的项目 |
[02:12] | and it worked, Jack. | 而且是有效的 杰克 |
[02:14] | Bullshit! You really think it could make a difference? | 放屁 你真的认为这会改变什么吗 |
[02:16] | Yes, I do. | 是 我是这么认为的 |
[02:18] | – These people live like animals… – Whoa. | -那些黑人活得跟牲畜一样 -哇哦 |
[02:20] | …and you’re sitting around singing “Kumbaya,” | 而你则坐在一旁高唱”到这里来吧” |
[02:23] | please don’t put trash on my street. | 请别把垃圾扔在我住的街道上 |
[02:24] | Good luck with that, Mary. | 祝你好运 玛丽 |
[02:26] | Jack, do you hear yourself? | 杰克 你知道你自己说了些什么吗 |
[02:34] | And tonight you’ll hear not only from me | 今晚我将和来自警察局 |
[02:36] | but representatives of the police department, | 卫生部门 以及房管局维护处 |
[02:39] | the sanitation department, | 的各位代表 |
[02:41] | the Housing Authority Maintenance Office. | 共同给你们讲解一些注意事项 |
[02:44] | Cheapest bid for moving costs came in at 700. | 搬迁成本费最低为七百美金 |
[02:47] | And HUD isn’t willing to pay for that, | 住建部将不会负担这笔费用 |
[02:49] | so how many of you can afford $350? | 有多少人能够负担起一半的费用 |
[02:51] | Half the cost? | 三百五十美金 |
[02:55] | And if you had six months to pay for that? | 要是宽限你们六个月呢 |
[02:58] | That would help? | 能帮助你们付清费用吗 |
[03:00] | Yeah? | 好吗 |
[03:01] | Security deposits may not be used | 房客入住公共住房单元时 |
[03:03] | to pay rent or other charges | 保证金不能用来 |
[03:06] | while tenants are occupying the dwelling units. | 偿还房租或其他费用 |
[03:08] | A show of hands for those of you who could afford | 每单元的洗衣烘干机费用是五百美元 |
[03:10] | a washer-dryer stack unit at $500. | 能支付得起的住户请举手示意一下 |
[03:14] | If there is illegal activity within any of the units, | 如果在任何住房单元里出现了违法行为 |
[03:16] | you can expect a zero-tolerance approach | 一旦被我们发现 |
[03:18] | to anything that comes to our attention. | 我们将严惩不贷 |
[03:20] | In which case, a tenant found to be involved in illegal activity | 因此 有违法行为的房客 |
[03:24] | will be evicted. | 将会被依法驱逐 |
[03:25] | How many of you have lawn mowers? | 有多少人有割草机 |
[03:26] | Any drug involvement by any member of your family | 你们家中任何一员沾染了毒品 |
[03:29] | will result in immediate expulsion. | 将会立即被驱逐 |
[03:31] | And with more trash that can fit inside the in-ground receptacle, | 为了能让垃圾被更好地填埋处理 |
[03:34] | it should be double-bagged and sealed like this. | 应该套上两个垃圾袋后再封好 像这样 |
[03:40] | Any questions? | 有什么问题吗 |
[03:42] | And you will, at times, encounter members | 并且你将不时会遇到 |
[03:44] | of a neighborhood watch group | 在社区内巡逻的 |
[03:45] | who will be patrolling the area. | 社区监督小队 |
[03:47] | And– yes, ma’am? | 嗯 有什么问题吗 女士 |
[03:49] | Will the white folks have to learn | 白人也必须得学习 |
[03:50] | how to be good neighbors as well? | 怎样做个好邻居吗 |
[03:52] | – Excuse me? – Yeah, what you mean, | -什么 -没错 你说的社区监督小队 |
[03:53] | “Neighborhood watch group”? | 是什么意思 |
[03:55] | Who are they watching, me? | 他们要监督谁 我吗 |
[03:56] | Yeah. And are those people attending a course | 没错 白人也会上课 |
[04:00] | so they can learn how to accept us? | 来学会怎么去接受我们吗 |
[04:01] | Like we’re taking this course to learn how to accept them? | 就像我们在这上课来学怎么去接受他们一样吗 |
[04:04] | Mm-hmm. | 嗯 嗯 |
[04:09] | Right. | 没错 |
[04:15] | You started out thinking you wanted to make a move, | 最开始 你们曾想过要有所行动 |
[04:19] | to live somewhere better, | 想要住到更好的地方 |
[04:21] | but is that still what you want? | 但话说回来 你们是否初心依旧 |
[04:24] | Do you still want to move into these new homes | 你们已经看到过 和听到过 |
[04:27] | in this new neighborhood, | 并且亲身经历过这般历程 |
[04:29] | given what you’ve heard, what you’ve seen, | 你们是否仍想搬进这片新社区 |
[04:31] | and what we’ve gone over? | 搬进你们的新家 |
[04:35] | Everything has a cost. | 世上没有免费的午餐 |
[04:38] | Every choice means responsibility. | 每次选择都意味着责任 |
[04:44] | And it will be different. | 而每次选择都会带来不同 |
[04:47] | Different isn’t always better. | 不同并非都是好事 |
[04:50] | But it does mean “Different.” | 但它确实意味着会有不同 |
[04:56] | So… | 所以 |
[04:58] | let me ask you… | 让我来问问你们 |
[05:00] | did you come here to make your life | 你们到这来是为了让你们的生活 |
[05:03] | and the lives of your family different? | 和你们家人的生活有所不同吗 |
[05:14] | – You didn’t. – Oh, yeah. | -你没这么做吧 -噢 我做了 |
[05:15] | Hey, man, I’m a hardheaded Polack. | 嘿 兄弟 我是个精明的波兰人 |
[05:17] | You don’t play ball with me, I shove the bat up your ass. | 你不愿意理我 我就主动找上门 |
[05:20] | – Are you fucking crazy, Nick? – You know what? | -尼克 你他妈的是疯了吗 -你知道吗 |
[05:22] | Maybe Zakian wasn’t so bad on the Parking Authority. | 或许扎吉安在泊车管理局的时候不是很糟糕 |
[05:24] | Maybe I made a mistake corralling votes to replace him. | 或许想要通过拉拢选票来取代他是一步错棋 |
[05:27] | – A guy can learn, can’t he? – Yeah, I get it. | -但他总该吃一堑长一智 -好吧 我懂了 |
[05:29] | You want to frost Zaleski’s balls, | 你想缚住扎勒斯基的手脚 |
[05:31] | but, Nick, you already | 但是 尼克 你已经 |
[05:32] | publicly supported replacing Zakian with Bob Jean. | 公开支持鲍勃·吉恩取代扎吉安了 |
[05:35] | For you to flip now– | 你现在翻脸 |
[05:36] | Look, Vinni, I’m the minority leader on the council, | 听着 文尼 我是议会的少数党领袖 |
[05:39] | and I’m just opening up the lines of communication with my mayor. | 我只是在打通我和市长的沟通渠道 |
[05:45] | Don’t look at me, Vin. | 别这样看着我 小文 |
[05:46] | I’m a simpleminded Republican | 我只是个纯朴的共和党人 |
[05:48] | without a dog anywhere near this fight. | 我可不想掺和进来 |
[05:50] | But I would like to be a fly on the wall | 扎勒斯基知道这则消息的时候 |
[05:52] | when Zaleski gets the news. | 我只想做个安静的旁观者 |
[05:58] | Still on the truck. | 还在搬运车上 |
[06:01] | – Jose. – Yes, sir. | -约瑟 -是的 先生 |
[06:03] | It ain’t there. | 它不在这 |
[06:05] | No, the other box. | 不 另一个箱子 |
[06:13] | Where’s this go? | 这个搬到哪儿 |
[06:16] | I think she wants that ’round back. | 我觉得她想把那个转回来 |
[06:19] | This is heavier than I thought. | 这比我想的还重 |
[06:22] | – Screwdriver. – It’s in the truck. | -螺丝刀 -在搬运车里 |
[06:23] | – Go get it. – All right, ma’am. | -去拿下 -好的 女士 |
[06:25] | Thank you. | 谢谢你 |
[06:32] | Ah! | 啊 |
[06:33] | This going inside? | 这个要搬进去吗 |
[06:35] | – You gonna help me? – Yeah. | -你要来帮我吗 -是的 |
[06:37] | You gonna help me? | 你要来帮我吗 |
[06:39] | Thank you, Johnny. | 谢谢你 乔尼 |
[06:41] | Yeah, you hold that. Right? | 对 你拿着这个 好吗 |
[06:43] | Good Lord, the junk you have. | 天呐 你的这些废品 |
[06:46] | Daddy says he’s giving you the couch in the basement. | 爸爸说他把地下室的那个沙发给你 |
[06:49] | He says not to argue. | 他说没得商量 |
[06:53] | Have you seen Jaron? | 你看到杰伦了吗 |
[06:57] | Jaron? | 杰伦 |
[06:58] | Jaron! | 杰伦 |
[07:12] | I– in my room, I have this window, | 在我房间里 有个窗户 |
[07:14] | and it looks out into, what, like four, five trees– | 窗外能看见四五棵树 |
[07:16] | Mom, come see the bedrooms. | 妈妈 快来看看卧室 |
[07:18] | Yeah, do you want to go see them? | 是的 你想参观下卧室吗 |
[07:20] | Yeah, we should get going. Felipe. | 嗯 我们得走了 费利佩 |
[07:24] | But you don’t need to leave yet… | 但是你不用急着走啊 |
[07:28] | Roberto, come. Time to go. | 罗伯托 来 我们该走了 |
[07:33] | Maria. | 玛利亚 |
[07:37] | Maria. | 玛利亚 |
[07:51] | – Bye, mi chiquito. – Bye. Love you. | -拜 小家伙们 -拜 爱你 |
[07:56] | It’s a really beautiful house. | 房子很漂亮 |
[07:59] | – Gracias, Carmen. – Thank you, Tia. | -谢谢 卡门 -谢谢你 阿姨 |
[08:02] | – 157? – Yeah, 157. | -157美金 -是 157美金 |
[08:04] | – You know what we forgot? – What? | -你知道我们忘了什么吗 -什么 |
[08:05] | – Okra. – Oh, we’ll never hear the end of it. | -秋葵 -噢 再买下去就没完没了了 |
[08:08] | You’ll never hear the end of it. | 你才没完没了 |
[08:09] | Go home, niggers! | 滚回去 黑鬼 |
[08:10] | Yeah, you, you goddamn porch monkeys! | 没错 你们 你们这些该死的走廊猴(白人辱骂黑人的用语) |
[08:13] | Damn it! | 去死吧 |
[08:19] | Go ahead. | 进去吧 |
[08:27] | – The bottom shelf? – Yeah. | -放在底层上吗 -是 |
[08:28] | Hey, Mama. | 嘿 妈妈 |
[08:30] | Dwayne, is that you? | 德韦恩 是你吗 |
[08:33] | And Libby. | 还有莉比 |
[08:36] | We brought you and Tash some groceries. | 我们给你和塔莎带了些杂货 |
[08:38] | – Oh. – How you making out? | -噢 -你感觉如何 |
[08:39] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[08:41] | It’s gonna take some getting used to.Uh-huh. | 还要些时候适应 嗯哼 |
[08:45] | It’s beautiful, Norma. Just beautiful. | 好漂亮 诺玛 真是漂亮 |
[08:49] | – What y’all get us? – Oh, uh, uh… | -你们给我们带了些什么 -噢 |
[08:51] | – Nillas? – Bam! | -尼勒斯 -哈 |
[08:52] | – Okay. – Oh, I can make myself banana pudding. | -好吧 -噢 我可以做香蕉布丁了 |
[09:01] | Nick, did you see this? | 尼克 你看到了吗 |
[09:04] | You’re quoted here saying that I told you | 报道里你说我告诉过你 |
[09:06] | Bob Jean’s mismanaging the YPA. | 鲍勃·吉恩对黄页协会管理不善 |
[09:08] | Yeah. “Herald Statesman,” Right? | 我知道 《先驱政治家报》 是吧 |
[09:11] | I never fucking said that. | 我他妈的从来没说过这句话 |
[09:14] | Yeah, I’m just having a little fun. | 是 我只是在闹着玩而已 |
[09:16] | I’m bringing back John Zakian to the Parking Authority. | 我要把约翰·扎吉安弄回泊车管理局去 |
[09:18] | I’m gonna replace Bob Jean. | 我要取代鲍勃·吉恩 |
[09:19] | At my expense? | 以牺牲我为代价 |
[09:21] | It’s okay. I got the votes. | 没事的 我有支持票 |
[09:23] | I talked to Nick Spano, and he’s gonna get his guy to go for it, | 我和尼克·斯帕诺谈过了 他会让他的人帮我的 |
[09:25] | so that makes three. | 所以我们有三个人 |
[09:26] | Nick, when you got rid of Zakian, he was my boss, | 尼克 你除掉扎吉安的时候 他是我的上司 |
[09:29] | but the mayor had your back. | 但当时是市长为你撑腰 |
[09:31] | So, now you’re gonna go against the mayor | 你现在要与市长作对 |
[09:33] | to try and fire my new boss? | 还想要把我的新上司也给开了吗 |
[09:35] | Yeah. You’re gonna be fine. | 是的 你会没事的 |
[09:36] | I got the votes. I’m telling you, trust me. | 我有支持票 我告诉你 相信我 |
[09:38] | What is it that you’re trying to accomplish with this? | 你这么做到底是想要干什么 |
[09:40] | – I’m just letting him know. – Know what? | -我只是想给他知道一件事 -什么事 |
[09:42] | That you have some votes at the YPA? | 知道你在黄页协会里有支持票是吗 |
[09:44] | That I’m still here, God damn it! | 知道我还在这儿 该死的 |
[09:47] | I gave him everything he has. | 我给了他现有的一切 |
[09:49] | I gave him– I pushed the housing through, | 我给了他 我推动了公共房实施 |
[09:52] | I gave him the strong-mayor charter, the patronage, the power. | 我给了他成为强势市长的资格 资助和权力 |
[09:55] | I stepped aside to let him be mayor. | 我退居一旁 让他当了市长 |
[09:57] | I did all that, and I paid for it, and I bled for it. | 这些都是我做的 我为此付出了代价 我为此负伤流血 |
[10:02] | I’m not gonna be ignored. | 他不能这么把我当空气 |
[10:04] | If Zaleski doesn’t wanna give me my due, that’s fine. | 如果扎勒斯基忘恩负义 独享其成 没关系 |
[10:07] | I’m just gonna make him look like the jackass that he is. | 我就把他的臭皮囊撕破 让大家看看他是个什么玩意儿 |
[10:10] | Nick. | 尼克 |
[10:13] | Just trust me. | 相信我 |
[11:02] | Where’s Tasha? | 塔莎在哪呢 |
[11:04] | I think she went to bed a while ago. | 她好像早就去睡了 |
[11:07] | Yeah, you sure got a lot of stuff here, Ma. | 你这里东西不少啊 老妈 |
[11:09] | – Mm-hmm. – The moving man did a job today, didn’t he? | -嗯 -搬家的小伙子今天很能干嘛 |
[11:13] | Dwayne, honey, I don’t think | 德韦恩 亲爱的 我感觉 |
[11:15] | I can keep my eyes open much longer. | 我眼睛都快睁不开了 |
[11:19] | I don’t think they’re coming back. | 我觉得他们不会回来了 |
[11:21] | Who? | 谁 |
[11:23] | Who not coming back? | 谁不回来 |
[11:25] | No one, Ma. | 没谁 妈妈 |
[11:32] | When we were parking the car out front, | 我们在前面停车的时候 |
[11:34] | a couple of guys drove past. | 几个人开车经过 |
[11:37] | Some words were said. | 他们说了几句话 |
[11:39] | What’d they say? | 他们说什么了 |
[11:42] | What did they say? | 他们说什么了 |
[11:49] | Oh. | 噢 |
[11:51] | Libby’s right, Mama. | 莉比说的对 妈妈 |
[11:53] | They’re gone. | 他们已经离开了 |
[11:55] | Well, of course they gone. | 他们当然要离开了 |
[11:57] | Y’all need to be gone, too. | 你们都要离开的 |
[11:59] | Come on, go on. I’m fine. | 走吧 我没关系的 |
[12:04] | All right. | 好吧 |
[12:11] | – Good night. – Good night, baby. | -晚安 -晚安 亲爱的 |
[12:30] | I’ll take Danny McGuire here. | 我会把丹尼·麦圭尔带到这儿来 |
[12:32] | He knows the ropes. Don’t you, Danny? | 他知道绳子的事 是不是 丹尼 |
[12:34] | Sure, I’ve had ’em around my neck for years. | 当然 我脖子上戴着好多年了 |
[12:41] | – What? – Oh, Miss Blodgett. | -什么 -哦 布罗杰特小姐 |
[12:44] | Danny McGuire, our new tenant. | 丹尼·麦圭尔 咱们的新房客 |
[13:28] | Oh, could you possibly use me a picture, Mr. McGuire? | 你可以用我的照片吗 麦圭尔先生 |
[13:32] | Of course, I haven’t had much experience, but… | 当然 我没有什么经验 但 |
[13:39] | Boy, get up. Time to go. | 小伙子 起来吧 该走了 |
[13:41] | We’re going to Grandma’s. Okay, that’s it, that’s it. | 咱们去外婆家 好吧 就这样 |
[13:44] | Here. | 这儿 |
[13:47] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[13:49] | Come on. Come on. | 快点 快点 |
[13:54] | Huh? | 嗯 |
[13:56] | I’m gonna be here three more years, | 我还得在这儿呆三年 |
[13:59] | and you have to run for reelection next year. | 你明年还得重新选举 |
[14:01] | And I promise you– | 我跟你保证 |
[14:03] | this Parking Authority stunt goes forward, | 你敢在泊车管理局和我耍花招 |
[14:05] | we will primary you against someone who can bury you. | 我有一百种方式让你待不下去 |
[14:08] | – Bring it. – Nick, please, don’t pick this fight. | -放马过来 -尼克 拜托 别找事儿 |
[14:11] | You barely got by last year, | 你去年就差点没选上 |
[14:12] | and that was before redistricting. | 那还是重新划分选区之前 |
[14:13] | Terry, don’t throw numbers at me, all right? | 特里 别拿数字来吓我 好吗 |
[14:15] | I can run citywide, and Jim knows it. | 我全市都能搞定 吉姆也知道 |
[14:18] | And if it wasn’t for Martinelli splitting the votes last year, | 要不是马蒂内利去年分了选票 |
[14:21] | Pete Chema would be sitting in that seat, not you. | 皮特·切马会坐上这个位置 轮不到你 |
[14:23] | What’d you win with, a kick-ass 36%? | 你凭什么赢呢 36%压倒性选票吗 |
[14:26] | Shit. | 搞笑 |
[14:30] | You want Bob Jean off the Parking Authority? | 你想鲍勃·吉恩从泊车管理局滚蛋是吗 |
[14:33] | Fine. | 没问题 |
[14:35] | But there is no way in hell | 但是再让约翰·扎吉安回去 |
[14:37] | that we can put John Zakian back in there. | 就他妈根本不可能了 |
[14:39] | Name a replacement we can live with, and you got him. | 说一个我们能接受的人选 我们就答应你 |
[14:44] | I don’t know, Terry. | 我不确定 特里 |
[14:45] | I’ve really come to like John Zakian. | 我开始喜欢上约翰·扎吉安这家伙了 |
[14:56] | Damn! | 老天 |
[15:07] | You messin’ with my head, girl. | 你真让我大吃一惊 姑娘 |
[15:12] | Damn, we got the stairs, too, baby? | 天 我们还有楼梯 宝贝 |
[15:31] | Hey! No, no! | 嘿 不 不 |
[15:33] | Oh! | 噢 |
[15:35] | Hey! | 嘿 |
[15:36] | Hey, come back here, you motherfuckers! | 嘿 回来 操你大爷 |
[15:44] | Hey, yo! | 嘿哟 |
[15:52] | Two guys, black, 20 or 25 years. | 两个男的 黑人 20到25岁的样子 |
[15:57] | Do you remember what they were wearing? | 他们穿什么你记得吗 |
[15:59] | – Any distinguishing marks? – It happened too fast. | -任何显著的特征?-太快了我没看清 |
[16:01] | They were waiting for me as I turned the corner. | 他们在转角那等着我过去 |
[16:03] | I– I had just cashed my paycheck at Getty Square, | 我刚刚从盖蒂广场兑现了支票 |
[16:06] | did some shopping, and then I walked up here to visit my aunt. | 买了点东西 然后我走到这儿准备来看我姨妈 |
[16:10] | How much cash did you have? | 你总共有多少现金 |
[16:12] | $300 in an envelope in my purse. | 我包里有个信封 里面300美元 |
[16:15] | You’re just lucky nothing worse happened to you. | 只是丢了钱 还算幸运 |
[16:17] | I know. | 我知道 |
[16:19] | I found this in a dumpster. Yours? | 这是我在垃圾箱找到的 是你的吗 |
[16:23] | Anything else? My packages? | 还有别的东西吗 我的包袱 |
[16:26] | Nah, nothing like that. Sorry. | 没有了 抱歉 |
[16:28] | Is this your place of residence, miss? | 这是你的居所吗 小姐 |
[16:31] | No. I’m in the townhouses now. | 不 我现在住在联排住宅那边 |
[16:34] | I don’t live here anymore. | 不住这儿了 |
[16:49] | Nay? | 奈伊 |
[16:55] | I just heard. | 我刚听说 |
[16:57] | You happy now, Nick? | 你现在高兴了 尼克 |
[16:59] | Now that I have no job? | 现在我失业了 |
[17:01] | I’m gonna fix this. | 我会搞定的 |
[17:03] | I’m gonna fix this, okay? | 我会搞定的 好吗 |
[17:06] | – I will. – How? | -我会的 -怎么搞定 |
[17:08] | Bob Jean is telling everyone he fired me | 鲍勃·吉恩和所有人说他炒了我 |
[17:10] | because I’m incompetent. | 是因为我不称职 |
[17:13] | Jesus, Nick. | 天啊 尼克 |
[17:15] | How am I gonna get another job with that reputation? | 我现在臭名远扬还怎么找工作 |
[17:17] | I thought I had the votes. | 我以为我会得到那些选票 |
[17:18] | I thought I fucking had those votes. | 我真的以为我会得到那些选票 |
[17:20] | Nick Spano thought so, too. | 尼克·斯帕诺也是这么以为的 |
[17:21] | He feels really bad about it, you getting fired. | 你被炒了 他也不好受 |
[17:24] | Right. Well, fuck it, you know? | 好吧 去他妈的 你知道吗 |
[17:28] | How could you play politics with our lives? | 你怎么能拿我们的生活去做你权术的赌注呢 |
[17:34] | I’m so sorry. | 我非常抱歉 |
[17:36] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[17:38] | I am. | 真的 |
[17:48] | Okay, if there’s nothing else. | 好吧 如果没别的事 |
[17:50] | Oh, I– I got something else. | 哦 还有事儿 |
[17:51] | Someone needs to teach our neighbors some manners. | 咱们的邻居需要教训教训 |
[17:54] | Yeah, they all sit there | 是啊 他们就坐在 |
[17:55] | on their steps across the street and stare at us. | 街对面的门口台阶上盯着我们看 |
[17:58] | All the time, staring. | 一直盯着 |
[18:00] | – Yep. – Yeah. | -哎 -是的 |
[18:02] | You think I’m kidding? | 你以为我在开玩笑 |
[18:08] | And sometimes I have to go in my house | 有时候我只能躲进房子里 |
[18:10] | and pull the shades down just to get away from them. | 把窗帘拉上 躲着这些人 |
[18:15] | If– if I were you, I’d just go about my business. | 如果我是你 我就不管他们 |
[18:18] | If you see them, say hello. | 要是照面了 就打个招呼 |
[18:21] | Yeah, if they don’t say hello back, then fine, | 是啊 如果他们不理睬你 也没事 |
[18:24] | but at least no one can accuse you of not being polite. | 但起码没人找茬说你不礼貌 |
[18:27] | And that’s what we’ve been doing. | 我们是这样做的啊 |
[18:28] | – And what about the dogs? – Yeah. Ooh. | -还有狗呢 -是啊 |
[18:30] | – What dogs? – The… | -什么狗 -那个 |
[18:32] | – Look, they walk them over… – Yeah. | -看 他们遛狗过来 -嗯哼 |
[18:34] | …and the dogs do their business on our lawns. | 那些狗崽子就在我们的草坪上大小便 |
[18:36] | One woman with, like, three white poodles | 一个女的带着三条白色狮子犬 |
[18:38] | and a man with a Rottweiler. | 还有个男的 带着条罗特韦尔犬 |
[18:40] | They’re the worst with it. | 他们真的很差劲 |
[18:43] | Okay, so I guess we tell the neighborhood | 好吧 我想我们要跟他们说一下 |
[18:47] | to curb their dogs. | 管管自己的狗 |
[18:49] | Mm-kay. | 好 |
[18:51] | So, the next item is to elect officers | 下一项是选出 |
[18:54] | of the tenants’ association. | 租户协会的负责人 |
[18:57] | Any volunteers? | 有人自愿吗 |
[19:06] | You can’t begin to govern yourselves without officers. | 没有负责人 总不能大家自我管理吧 |
[19:14] | Doreen, it’s my understanding | 朵琳 我了解到 |
[19:16] | you had experience before this | 你曾在租户委员会 |
[19:18] | on a tenants’ council. | 有过任职经历 |
[19:22] | Sorry, I don’t think I’m interested. | 不好意思 我没有兴趣 |
[19:25] | Don’t look at me. | 别看着我 |
[19:27] | So, I spoke to Nick Spano, and no surprise, | 我跟尼克·斯帕诺谈过了 意料之中 |
[19:29] | he wants Joan Deierlein as city clerk. | 他想要琼·德耶尔琳做书记官 |
[19:31] | Now, Spencer’s on board. | 现在斯宾塞已经加入了 |
[19:32] | – He’s gonna sponsor the resolution. – Okay. | -他将会支持这个决议 -好的 |
[19:34] | Now, Madeline, she’s retiring November 2, | 而且 玛德琳11月2号就要退休了 |
[19:37] | and Kathleen Walsh is gonna step up to first deputy clerk, | 凯斯琳·沃尔士就要当上第一副书记了 |
[19:40] | which leaves a vacancy at second deputy, | 第二副书记就空出来了 |
[19:42] | and a Democrat needs to fill that. | 需要一个民主党来填上 |
[19:46] | – And? – And everybody | -然后呢 -然后 |
[19:48] | was kinda thinking that Nay could have that spot. | 大家都觉得奈伊比较有机会 |
[19:51] | Are the Republicans on board with that? | 共和党同意吗 |
[19:53] | Yeah, well, Spencer and Fagan are. | 斯宾塞和费根是的 |
[19:54] | I’m not sure about Dickerson or Sal. | 迪克森和萨尔我不确定 |
[19:56] | – Mm. – Spano’s behind Nay’s appointment, | -嗯 -斯帕诺为奈伊撑腰 |
[19:58] | because he feels bad about that switched YPA vote. | 因为他对黄页协会的投票一事心中有愧 |
[20:01] | You know I had a limousine | 你知道 我当时弄了辆超长豪车 |
[20:02] | waiting to take him to make the vote, | 等着载他去投票 |
[20:04] | and he still switched, that fuck. | 他还是改变主意了 这王八蛋 |
[20:05] | Yeah, it’s not like the old days | 是啊 时代不同了 |
[20:07] | when a bought guy stayed bought. | 掏钱也不能买人一辈子办事 |
[20:08] | Yeah, well, it really put me in the doghouse, | 好吧 那可把我给弄惨了 |
[20:10] | – that’s for sure. – I warned you about that, Nick. | -这我敢说 -我警告过你的 尼克 |
[20:12] | I know, and I’m making it right now. | 我知道 我现在正在努力把事情拉回正轨 |
[20:13] | – Okay? – Mm. | -好吗 -嗯 |
[20:14] | I owe it to Nay. | 这事儿我欠奈伊 |
[20:17] | So, listen… | 听着 |
[20:21] | John, he’s gonna sponsor it as majority leader. | 约翰 他将作为多数党领袖支持决议 |
[20:24] | But it’d be really great to get | 但能够得到两党的支持 |
[20:25] | a bipartisan show of support. | 非常有帮助 |
[20:27] | Now, ordinarily, the minority leader would cosponsor, | 通常来说 少数党领袖会共同支持 |
[20:31] | but, Christ, I can’t put my name on something | 但是老天 这项提案能让我老婆得到一份工作 |
[20:33] | that gives my wife a job working for the council, | 如果我支持就会显得不妥 |
[20:36] | so I’m gonna abstain from the vote. | 所以我要弃权投票 |
[20:38] | But, Vinni, would you sponsor with Spencer? | 但是 文尼 你可以和斯宾塞一起支持决议吗 |
[20:49] | Sure. | 当然了 |
[20:51] | – Yeah? – Yeah. | -没问题 -没问题 |
[20:56] | I really appreciate that. | 我非常感谢你这么做 |
[21:07] | Thomas Downer, parole agent for John Mateo Santos. | 我是托马斯·唐纳 约翰·马特奥·桑托斯的假释代理人 |
[21:46] | The boy favors you. | 你儿子喜欢你 |
[21:49] | John Billie. And this Shanda. | 约翰·比利 这是珊达 |
[21:54] | John, your mother resides at 321 Bruce Avenue? | 约翰 你妈妈住在布鲁斯大道321号吗 |
[21:57] | You told the prison caseworker you were going to live with her. | 你告诉看守所的社工 你要跟她一起住 |
[22:00] | I was, but that was a mistake. | 那是以前 那是个错误的决定 |
[22:02] | This the right address now. | 这才是正确的地址 |
[22:05] | This one. | 这个 |
[22:08] | – Miss Rowan, this is your apartment? – Mm-hmm. | -罗恩小姐 这是你的公寓吗 -对 |
[22:10] | Well, here are the rules– I will come by the house. | 规定是这样的 我会时常到访 |
[22:13] | I might come early, I might come late. | 随时都有可能 |
[22:15] | I need to check that John lives here, | 我要确认约翰住在这儿 |
[22:17] | that there are no drugs, alcohol, | 而且没有毒品 酒精 |
[22:19] | or illegal activity of any sort. | 或者任何形式的非法活动 |
[22:21] | Do you agree to allow me into your house? | 你同意我到你家来吗 |
[22:24] | Do you agree to have Mr. Santos staying with you? | 你同意桑托斯先生跟你住吗 |
[22:34] | Okay. Be good. | 好的 乖一点 |
[22:36] | Okay, Mommy. | 好的 妈咪 |
[22:42] | So, if they could stop tossing their litter | 所以 如果他们可以不再 |
[22:45] | on this side of the street, it would help. | 将垃圾丢在街对面就好了 |
[22:47] | Another concern is | 还有一点值得忧虑的是 |
[22:50] | the neighborhood residents walk their dogs, | 邻居遛狗的时候 |
[22:52] | and they’ve been letting them go | 让狗跑到 |
[22:56] | on the townhouse lawns. | 联排住宅这边的草坪上来 |
[22:58] | And maybe they’re used to it being an empty lot, | 也许他们习惯把这儿当成空地了 |
[23:00] | but, specifically, there’s a lady with three poodles… | 但有一位女士需要特殊说一下 她总带着她的三条贵妇犬 |
[23:03] | Yes, and– and a man with a big ol’ Rottweiler. | 是的 还有一个男的牵着他的罗特韦尔狗 |
[23:07] | – Right. – There’s the poodle lady now. | -是啊 -那个女的现在就在这儿 |
[23:10] | Where, Mama? | 在哪儿啊 妈妈 |
[23:11] | Lieutenant Gelman, why don’t you go have a word? | 格尔曼警官 你去和她说一下吧 |
[23:13] | – Sure. – Oh. | -好的 -哦 |
[23:14] | Excuse me. | 借过一下 |
[23:24] | Uh, another complaint, | 大家还有一件事觉得不满 |
[23:28] | Captain Reid, is the staring. | 就是邻居们的注视 里德警长 |
[23:31] | We can’t do anything about people looking at other people, | 眼睛长在他们身上 我们想管也管不了 |
[23:35] | so maybe the police can’t really help us with this, | 所以警方可能也无能为力 |
[23:38] | but the silent stares | 但是附近居民 |
[23:41] | from the neighborhood residents… | 这么静静地盯着人看 |
[23:43] | uh, in the absence of any friendly interactions | 这种行为实在是有失礼仪 |
[23:48] | have become unnerving, | 让人觉得难受 |
[23:50] | especially for the kids. | 尤其是对孩子们来说 |
[23:51] | I can see there would be. | 我能想象到这种场景 |
[23:53] | But you’re right that there isn’t much in my authority | 但你也说了 这件事在我们的职权范围内 |
[23:56] | to deal with that. | 也无能为力 |
[23:58] | Won’t happen again. | 不会再发生了 |
[24:01] | Oh. | 哦 |
[24:06] | Uh, I think that’s– that’s it. | 我想 就这么多吧 |
[24:09] | Thank you. Thank you very much. | 谢谢你们 非常感谢 |
[24:11] | You’re welcome. | 不客气 |
[24:21] | If you bought a box, | 如果你一次买一整箱 |
[24:23] | we wouldn’t have to make the drive so often. | 我们就不用总来了 |
[24:25] | Yeah, but I like the drive. | 我知道 但我喜欢开过来 |
[24:26] | I like seeing Yonkers at night. | 我喜欢夜色里的扬克斯 |
[24:29] | I know. | 我知道 |
[24:31] | Anyway, the clerk’s job is a done deal, | 不论如何 书记员的职位已经谈妥了 |
[24:33] | so at least I cleaned up after myself. | 我也算是将功补过了 |
[24:35] | That’s all I was saying. | 这就是我想说的 |
[24:36] | – Yeah, you made the mess. – Yeah, I know. | -是啊 你惹的麻烦 -是 我知道 |
[24:42] | All right, what about you? | 好吧 那你呢 |
[24:44] | I’m sure that Zaleski and Surdoval are gonna redistrict you now. | 扎勒斯基和索达沃肯定要给你分到别的选区了 |
[24:47] | – Yeah, they already have. – Oh, yeah? | -是啊 他们都分完了 -是吗 |
[24:49] | Yeah, if I read the ward maps right, | 要是我没看错的话 |
[24:50] | they’re gonna put me in a district that’s 60% Hispanic. | 他们给我安排在了一个60%居民都是西班牙裔的选区 |
[24:53] | My people. | 我的同胞 |
[24:55] | Yeah, I’ll teach you to say | 到时候我教你用西班牙语说 |
[24:56] | “Vote early and often” In Spanish. | 快快投票 多多支持 |
[24:58] | No, Fuentes is gonna run. | 不 富恩特斯要参加竞选 |
[25:01] | So I’m behind the eight ball. | 现在的形势对我非常不利 |
[25:04] | I don’t know that I can hang on | 他们这么分配选区 |
[25:06] | the way they’ve gerrymandered me. | 我真不知道自己能不能撑得住 |
[25:08] | Fucking Zaleski. | 操蛋的扎勒斯基 |
[25:12] | # walked from the mountain # | #从山上来# |
[25:15] | # to the valley floor… # | #到谷底去# |
[25:42] | Where you walkin’? | 你眼睛长哪儿了 |
[25:56] | # searching for my beautiful… # | #只为寻找我美丽的# |
[26:02] | Good evening, miss. You all right? | 晚上好 小姐 你还好吗 |
[26:13] | You sure this is a good idea? | 你确定这是个好主意 |
[26:15] | Yeah. Yeah, it’s fine. | 是啊 没事的 |
[26:18] | Come on. We’re here already. | 来吧 我们已经到这儿了 |
[26:21] | I’ll wait here. | 我还是在这儿等你吧 |
[26:23] | – Go. – All right, all right. | -去吧 -好吧好吧 |
[26:38] | Can’t sleep? | 睡不着吗 |
[26:41] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[26:58] | I’m pregnant, John… again. | 约翰 我怀孕了 又怀上了 |
[27:03] | It worked. | 真管用 |
[27:07] | What worked? | 管啥用 |
[27:10] | I made pinholes in the rubber. | 我在安全套上扎了个眼 |
[27:16] | You did what? | 你说啥 |
[27:23] | Seemed like the love you felt for me | 看来你对我的爱 |
[27:24] | wasn’t there no more. | 已经不在了 |
[27:26] | ‘Cause you always say, “I never wanted these kids.” | 因为你总是说 我不想要这些孩子 |
[27:32] | I guess I wanted to know if it was true. | 我就是想知道是不是真的 |
[27:36] | How the fuck…? | 你他妈的 |
[27:39] | I can’t. | 我不能 |
[27:40] | – I can’t do this anymore. – What? | -我不能再生一次了 -什么 |
[27:44] | You gonna have an abortion? | 你要去堕胎吗 |
[27:47] | You gonna kill something we made? | 你要杀掉我们的爱情结晶 |
[28:20] | Hi, good evening. I’m Councilman Nick Wasicsko. | 嗨 晚上好 我是市议会议员尼克·沃西斯科 |
[28:23] | I was mayor when the housing was approved, | 公共住房计划是在我任市长期间通过的 |
[28:25] | and, uh, I just wanted to check in, | 我只是想来看看 |
[28:27] | find out how things were going. | 大家过得怎么样 |
[28:28] | You from housing, at this hour? | 你是管住房的 这个点才来 |
[28:30] | No, no, no. I’m not from housing. | 不不不 我不是管住房的 |
[28:32] | I’m– I was, uh… | 我是 |
[28:37] | Not from housing. I was the fucking mayor. | 我不是管住房的 我是当时的那个市长啊 |
[28:39] | Mayor? Are you sure? | 市长 你确定吗 |
[28:41] | I thought the mayor was something | 我以为市长是那个叫 |
[28:42] | with a “Z,” A “Zoo-ski” Or something. | 炸了死基什么的 我也记不清了 |
[28:45] | Uh, that’s the current mayor. | 哦 他是现任市长 |
[28:47] | I was the mayor at the time | 我是当时住房计划通过时 |
[28:49] | that this housing was approved. | 在任的市长 |
[28:51] | Nah, I don’t know anything about that. | 我并没听说过有这回事 |
[28:52] | You got the wrong unit. | 你找错人了 |
[29:08] | He– hello, ma’am. I’m so sorry to bother you. | 你好 女士 很抱歉打扰您 |
[29:10] | Uh, my name is Nick Wasicsko. | 我叫尼克·沃西斯科 |
[29:13] | I was the mayor when these houses were approved, | 这些房屋的建造计划通过时我是市长 |
[29:16] | and I just– I was in the neighborhood, | 我刚巧来到这附近 |
[29:19] | and I just wanted to see how the residents were doing here. | 我想来看看住户们过得怎么样 |
[29:22] | – What’d you say your name was? – Wasicsko. | -你刚才说你叫什么 -沃西斯科 |
[29:24] | Nick Wasicsko. | 尼克·沃西斯科 |
[29:27] | Yes. I remember you. | 哦 我记得你 |
[29:30] | – From the news. – Yes, ma’am. | -新闻上报道过 -是的 女士 |
[29:33] | You the man they spit on. | 你就是那个被吐口水的人 |
[29:35] | Yeah, I remember you for sure. | 啊 我当然记得你 |
[29:42] | Yes, well, uh… | 好吧 |
[29:44] | are you happy with the house? | 你对房子还满意吗 |
[29:46] | I’d like to think it was worth it. | 我想知道这件事是值得的 |
[29:50] | I could ask you the same thing. | 我也可以问你同样的问题 |
[29:58] | Yes, well… you take care. | 好吧 多保重 |
[30:02] | You have a nice night. | 晚安 |
[30:04] | Good night. | 晚安 |
[30:08] | So, I want to thank you all | 我想对大家的劳动成果 |
[30:10] | for a job well done, | 表示感谢 |
[30:12] | for all your hard work | 感谢大家的努力工作 |
[30:13] | in making the housing initiative a success. | 让公共住房提案成功通过 |
[30:15] | This will conclude our efforts. | 我们的努力得到了回报 |
[30:18] | Wait. Wait a minute. | 等一下 |
[30:19] | You mean it’s over? | 你的意思是就这么完了吗 |
[30:21] | – Just like that? – The job is done. | -就这么完了 -工作已经做好了 |
[30:23] | You mean the funding ran out. | 你的意思是资金花光了 |
[30:24] | I mean, our job is done. | 我的意思是 我们已经履行了自己的职责 |
[30:27] | There are still problems with those units | 这些住户和邻居们之间 |
[30:28] | with the neighborhood. | 还存在一些问题 |
[30:30] | The worst hasn’t happened, Mary, | 最糟糕的事情没有发生 玛丽 |
[30:32] | and the best will depend on them. | 后来怎么发展到最好就要看他们自己了 |
[30:34] | Their future is theirs. | 他们的未来掌握在自己手中 |
[30:35] | We can’t hold their hands forever. | 我们不能永远牵着他们走 |
[30:38] | Sorry, but we can’t just drop them, either. | 抱歉 但是我们也不能坐视不管啊 |
[30:40] | We– we can’t– | 我们不能 |
[30:42] | Well, I’m not gonna leave them. | 我不会离开他们的 |
[30:44] | I mean, I’m just gonna | 我的意思是 |
[30:45] | go back to the townhouses and the meetings, | 我要回到住户那里 和他们开会 |
[30:47] | and I’ll help them in any way I can, if they ask me. | 如果他们需要的话 我会尽我所能帮助他们 |
[30:49] | Mrs. Dorman… you’re a good neighbor. | 多曼女士 你是个好邻居 |
[30:54] | I want to thank you all again. | 我要再次感谢大家 |
[31:11] | Lucille’s not coming back. | 露西尔不会再回来了 |
[31:13] | Mayhawk told them the program’s over. | 梅霍克告诉他们这项工作结束了 |
[31:17] | What? | 什么 |
[31:18] | She and Mary Dorman asked me to run | 她和玛丽·多曼 |
[31:20] | the Trenchard-Gaffney meeting | 让我主持会议 |
[31:21] | until you all have an election. | 直到你们都参与竞选 |
[31:23] | Oh, man. | 天哪 |
[31:24] | All right? | 好吗 |
[31:27] | Now, first is this thing | 首先要提的一件事 |
[31:29] | about our kids not going on the bus trip to Playland. | 就是我们的小孩不能坐公交去游乐场 |
[31:31] | Housing says it’s only for West Side children. | 住房部的人说那里只对西区的居民开放 |
[31:34] | Uh-uh, wait a minute. | 啊 等一下 |
[31:35] | We part of municipal housing, too. | 我们也是市政住房部的一部分 |
[31:37] | I know, but that’s their rule. | 我知道 但这是他们的规矩 |
[31:40] | So, instead, I think we should have | 所以我觉得我们应该在这里 |
[31:42] | a party for our own kids here. | 给我们的孩子举办聚会 |
[31:44] | Okay? An end-of-school party before summer gets too hot. | 好吧 趁着天气还不太热 给孩子们一个放学玩耍的地方 |
[31:52] | Look, if we’re gonna do this, | 听我说 如果我们要开会 |
[31:55] | it has to be about more than repairing leaky faucets | 我们不能只是讨论修水龙头 |
[31:58] | and storing lawn mowers. | 和放置除草机这些问题 |
[32:01] | I’m talking about really getting together, okay? | 我想说的是我们要团结在一起 好吗 |
[32:05] | Doing things the way neighbors are supposed to. | 做一些邻居们应该做的事情 |
[32:13] | She’s right. | 她说得对 |
[32:14] | Maybe we should do this. | 也许我们应该这么做 |
[32:18] | We should. | 应该这么做 |
[32:20] | Okay. So, for an end-of-school party, | 好 那说到放学后的聚会 |
[32:24] | we should have a list of what everybody’s going to bring. | 我们应该列个清单 看看大家准备带什么过来 |
[32:27] | Yeah, and don’t everybody bring hot dogs. | 好 但不要每个人都带热狗来 |
[32:28] | All right, fair enough. | 好 说得对 |
[32:30] | And we’ll have it right out here, | 我们就在这里举办吧 |
[32:31] | even though housing don’t want the children running around. | 尽管住房部的人并不想让孩子们乱跑 |
[32:34] | We don’t care what housing wants. Don’t worry about it. | 我们不在乎住房部想做什么 不用担心 |
[32:36] | Now, about the Con Ed bills… | 然后 关于电费账单 |
[32:39] | Yeah? | 请进 |
[32:41] | – Heya. – Hey. | -嘿 -嘿 |
[32:46] | Ah– no, no, no. | 啊 别这样 |
[32:48] | You cracked it last time, and then we talked business | 上一次你拿酒出来 然后我们就开始讨论公事 |
[32:50] | and I felt bad about breaking our rule. | 打破我们之间的规矩让我觉得很不好 |
[32:52] | Business– ew. | 公事 真讨厌 |
[32:54] | Oh, yeah, yeah, the worst kind. Politics. | 是啊 最讨厌了 政治 |
[32:57] | Blah. | 别说了 |
[32:59] | So, listen, I, um– I can’t run again in the Second. | 听我说 我没法在第二区竞选 |
[33:02] | Se, senor. | 我知道 先生 |
[33:04] | Right. | 是啊 |
[33:06] | Yeah, they fixed me good, didn’t they? | 他们把我整惨了 不是吗 |
[33:08] | And, um… | 我呢 |
[33:10] | well, I’ve been thinking. | 我一直在想 |
[33:12] | Uh-oh. | 啊哦 |
[33:14] | I’m gonna run for City Court judge. | 我要去竞选市法院法官 |
[33:17] | What the hell, you know, I’m qualified, | 管他呢 我有资格 |
[33:19] | I’ve got a law degree, | 我有法学学位 |
[33:21] | and, uh, well, I just– | 嗯 我只需要 |
[33:23] | I need you to carry my petitions for me, Vinni. | 我需要你帮我递交我的请愿书 文尼 |
[33:25] | Christ, Nick. | 天哪 尼克 |
[33:27] | I already promised my support to Joan Pincus. | 我已经答应琼·平克斯要支持她了 |
[33:32] | Joan Pincus? | 琼·平克斯 |
[33:33] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[33:40] | Okay. Joan Pincus, huh? | 好吧 琼·平克斯是吗 |
[33:43] | What is she to you? | 她是你什么人 |
[33:46] | Well, I– look, I feel like shit right now, | 哎 我现在觉得自己里外不是人 |
[33:49] | but how was I to know you were going to throw in for city judge? | 但我怎么知道你要去争法官的职位啊 |
[33:53] | You know, I– I already gave Joan my word. | 你知道的 我已经答应琼了 |
[33:56] | I’m not gonna go back on that now. | 我现在没办法反悔了 |
[33:58] | I’m sorry. | 对不起 |
[34:00] | Hey, uh… | 嘿 |
[34:13] | All right, Vinni. | 好吧 文尼 |
[34:34] | Poodle Lady! | 狗狗阿姨 |
[34:41] | Poodle Lady. | 狗狗阿姨 |
[34:44] | Bye, Poodle Lady. | 拜拜 狗狗阿姨 |
[34:46] | Bye, poodles. | 拜拜 小狗 |
[34:59] | Come on, Ma. | 别这样 老妈 |
[35:02] | You need to save that money you done worked so hard for. | 你辛辛苦苦挣的钱你得攒着 |
[35:06] | It’s my money. | 我挣的钱我说了算 |
[35:07] | Now, I wanna take my mama out to lunch, okay? | 我想花钱请我老妈吃顿午餐 好不好 |
[35:10] | What you got a taste for? | 你想吃什么 |
[35:12] | You know I always liked the Sizzler. | 你知道我一直很喜欢时时乐他家 |
[35:14] | Oh, Ma, I do not want to take the bus | 哦 老妈 我可不想再坐公交 |
[35:16] | all the way back downtown. | 回城里去 |
[35:18] | We here now, right? How about the Clam House? | 我们不都已经住进来了嘛 是吧 蛤蜊屋怎么样 |
[35:20] | – The Clam House? – Yeah. | -蛤蜊屋 -嗯 |
[35:23] | I– I never been there. | 我 我从来没去过那儿 |
[35:29] | – Come on. – Oh! | -来嘛 -噢 |
[35:31] | It won’t hurt none. | 没事的 |
[35:51] | Come in. | 请进 |
[35:55] | He’s here. | 他来了 |
[35:57] | Send him in. | 让他进来 |
[35:59] | Councilman? | 议员先生 |
[36:05] | Nick, have a seat. | 尼克 坐吧 |
[36:17] | Come on. | 进去吧 |
[36:32] | I’ll be right with you. | 我马上就来 |
[36:33] | Mr. Zorzi. | 佐尔齐先生 |
[36:44] | Is they all white people in here? | 来这的都是白人么 |
[36:47] | Uh… yeah. | 嗯 差不多 |
[36:50] | Two? | 两位 |
[36:52] | Uh… I think we won’t be staying. | 呃 我们不在这吃 |
[36:55] | Ma. | 妈 |
[36:56] | You sure? | 你确定吗 |
[37:00] | No, we’ll just order to go, please. | 还是不了 我们打包带走 |
[37:14] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[37:22] | – Hey. – Hey. | -嘿 -嘿 |
[37:24] | When are you gonna get to the kitchen cabinets? | 你打算什么时候装好橱柜 |
[37:27] | They’ve been in boxes for a month now already. | 都在箱子里放了一个月了 |
[37:29] | – Yeah, yeah. It’s on my list. – Yeah, okay– | -是是 快了 -嗯 好 |
[37:31] | Um, listen, I’m gonna– | 嗯 听着 我打算 |
[37:33] | I’m gonna primary Vinni. | 初选我打算和文尼竞争 |
[37:35] | Zaleski’s gonna back me. | 扎勒斯基会支持我的 |
[37:36] | He’s gonna put me on the ticket | 他打算提名我为候选人 |
[37:37] | and throw me enough cash to mount the campaign, so… | 给我提供足够的资金参加竞选 所以… |
[37:41] | Great. | 太好了 |
[37:42] | You know, I can’t– | 我没法 |
[37:43] | I can’t run in my own district, | 我没法在自己选区里竞选 |
[37:45] | and I can’t sit this one out | 我也不能不参加 |
[37:46] | – if I want to run for mayor next time. – Mm-hmm. | -要是想要下次竞选市长的话 -嗯 |
[37:48] | So I don’t really got another choice. | 所以我别无他选 |
[37:51] | So you go with Terry Zaleski, | 所以你要跟着特里·扎勒斯基 |
[37:52] | and you turn against your friend? | 背叛你朋友 |
[37:55] | You know what? | 你猜怎么着 |
[37:57] | I’m gonna volunteer for Vinni. | 我打算主动帮助文尼竞选 |
[37:59] | That’s right. | 没错 |
[38:00] | I’m for Vinni Restiano for council president. | 我要助文尼·雷斯蒂亚诺当上议会主席 |
[38:03] | This is bullshit. | 爱咋咋地 |
[38:16] | Police! Freeze! | 警察 不许动 |
[38:18] | – Hey! – Oh! No! | -喂 -不 |
[38:19] | – Get off! – That’s the guy. | -让开 -就是他 |
[38:21] | – That’s him! – Get on the ground! | -就是他 -趴下 |
[38:22] | She’s on the third floor, bleeding bad! | 她在三楼 流血不止 |
[38:24] | – I didn’t hurt nobody! – Keep your mouth shut! | -我没伤害任何人 -闭上你的嘴 |
[38:25] | Shut up! | 闭嘴 |
[38:28] | Is his name on the lease? | 租约上有他名字么 |
[38:30] | Oh, no, not on the lease. | 不 不在上面 |
[38:31] | Well, where is he living, then? | 好吧 那他住哪儿 |
[38:33] | And why would he give this address? | 为什么他给了这个地址 |
[38:53] | Hey. | 嗨 |
[38:54] | Hey, Vinni. | 嗨 文尼 |
[38:55] | What a fucking coward you turned out to be, huh? | 原来你就这么懦夫么 嗯? |
[38:57] | – Hey, come on. – You couldn’t come in and tell me in person? | -嘿 别这样 -你就不能过来亲自告诉我吗 |
[39:00] | You couldn’t pick up the phone and give me a call yourself, huh? | 你就不能拿电话亲自打给我吗 |
[39:02] | It’s not personal. You know that. It’s politics. | 这不是私事 你也知道的 这是政治 |
[39:04] | Oh, please! You and I both know that lie, remember? | 哦 得了吧 咱俩都知道那是唬人玩儿的 记得吧 |
[39:07] | I don’t have any other options here. | 我没有别的选择 |
[39:09] | Me, neither, Nick. | 我也没有 尼克 |
[39:10] | But don’t think this is gonna be easy for you. | 不过也不可能就那么便宜着你 |
[39:12] | I got a little Yonkers in me, too. | 扬克斯市民还有几个支持我的 |
[39:14] | – Vinni, come here, have a drink with me. – No, you don’t– | -文尼 过来 咱俩喝一杯吧 -不 你不 |
[39:17] | I gotta know– do you even believe in anything, | 我得知道 有什么是你相信的么 |
[39:21] | anything other than yourself? | 除了你自己 |
[39:26] | – Hmm? – I’m sorry. | -嗯 -对不起 |
[39:29] | Fuck you! | 去死吧 |
[39:56] | The reason I’m running is because of Mrs. Restiano’s | 我竞选的原因是因为 雷斯蒂亚诺女士 |
[39:59] | growing inability to work with Mayor Zaleski. | 越来越无法与扎勒斯基市长共事 |
[40:02] | And, frankly, I’m disillusioned. | 说实话 我失望至极 |
[40:04] | I have worked with the Republican majority on the council | 我曾在议会与共和党多数派共事 |
[40:07] | to produce unanimous votes 92% of the time. | 当时获得高达92%的投票 |
[40:11] | Mrs. Restiano works only too well with the Republican majority | 雷斯蒂亚诺女士之所以能与共和党多数派合作愉快 |
[40:14] | as an enemy of our Democratic mayor. | 只是因为她与我们民主党派市长为敌 |
[40:17] | In fact, Nick and I have voted the same way | 实际上 我和尼克当时得票率 |
[40:20] | 98% of the time, | 都是98% |
[40:22] | that is, until he decided to run against me. | 不过 那是在他决定和我对着干之前的事 |
[40:28] | Get over it, Nick. People are on to you. | 算了吧 尼克 大家都知道你是怎么样的人 |
[40:35] | The girl got her hearing notice threatening eviction. | 那姑娘接到退房通知了 |
[40:38] | City housing already trying to throw her | 市住房部已经打算将 |
[40:40] | and her kids out of doors. | 她和孩子扫地出门了 |
[40:43] | Well, if she lied on her lease… | 不过 要是她在租约上撒了谎 |
[40:50] | We all lied. | 我们都撒过谎 |
[40:53] | It’s a game they rig up. | 游戏规则都是他们说了算 |
[40:55] | If we have a man and he’s kicking in a little money for his kids, | 要是我们的男人不怎么给孩子拿钱 |
[40:58] | we gotta lie so the rent doesn’t go up | 为了不让房租上涨 我们也一样会撒谎 |
[41:01] | or so we don’t get put out | 而且用不着因为他以前犯的错儿 |
[41:02] | if ever he did anything wrong once upon a time. | 去跟人家上床 |
[41:04] | – Yeah, but– – She didn’t cause the trouble, | -没错 但是 -麻烦不是她惹的 |
[41:08] | and her kids didn’t, | 也不是她孩子惹的 |
[41:09] | and the trouble didn’t happen anywhere near her home. | 也从来没在周围惹过任何麻烦 |
[41:12] | But the whole housing program’s | 但是现在整个住房项目 |
[41:14] | under fire right now, Doreen, | 处在风口浪尖上 朵琳 |
[41:16] | so they’re gonna make an example out of her. | 所以他们得杀鸡儆猴 |
[41:18] | But he’s the asshole for using her address. | 可是 是那个混蛋利用了她的住址 |
[41:19] | But you know what? She shouldn’t have let him stay there | 不过 要是他名字不在租约上 |
[41:21] | if his name’s not on the lease. | 她就不该让他住那 |
[41:23] | I’m sorry, the stakes are too high. | 不好意思 风险太大了 |
[41:25] | But he’s her man. | 但他毕竟是她男人啊 |
[41:27] | He fathered those kids. | 也是孩子们的爹 |
[41:30] | Look, people get busted, | 听着 人们要是被逮捕了 |
[41:32] | they use the men’s shelter as their address. | 都会用男人的住处作地址 |
[41:34] | There’s a whole lot of men in public housing, | 公共住房里 这样的男人太多了 |
[41:37] | but not on the lease. | 但名字都不在租约上 |
[41:39] | – Well? – And not just men, either. | -是么 -不止是男人 |
[41:42] | I mean, my sister Gail lives with me. | 我姐姐盖尔也和我住一起 |
[41:47] | We lie, | 我们会说谎 |
[41:50] | but they make these rules as if we’re children. | 但他们把我们当小孩儿一样 订了这些规矩 |
[42:12] | I’m going to die on that waiting list. | 我等那候补名单估计要等到死 |
[42:13] | Because that lady was killed, | 因为那女人被杀了 |
[42:15] | I don’t think they’re ever gonna build more townhouses now. | 我根本不觉得他们会再建更多联排住宅了 |
[42:17] | Same as before– yelling, protesting. | 一切照旧 喊叫 抗议 |
[42:19] | I started looking at apartment ads– | 我都开始看租房广告了 |
[42:20] | 00:42:04,312 –> 00:42:06,562 three times as much as Schlobohm 727 and so filthy, I wouldn’t keep pigs there. | 价格是施洛本的三倍不说 又那么脏 我又不在那养猪 |
[42:24] | In the present situation, | 以目前形式来看 |
[42:26] | it’s the citizens of East Yonkers | 东扬克斯的市民 |
[42:28] | on whom we need to rely. | 是我们需要依靠的对象 |
[42:30] | Because the reality is that the budget constraints | 因为现实摆在这 预算有限 |
[42:34] | limit our ability to deploy additional personnel | 无法雇佣更多人员 |
[42:37] | to resolve those issues. | 来解决那些问题 |
[42:39] | Now, another point that we need to discuss… | 现在 我们需要讨论的另一点是… |
[42:41] | – Excuse me, sir? – …with the homeowners– | -不好意思 先生 -那屋主 |
[42:43] | Excuse me, sir. | 不好意思 先生 |
[42:45] | – Excuse me, sir. – Yes, ma’am. | -不好意思 先生 -什么事 女士 |
[42:48] | My name is Doreen Henderson. | 我叫朵琳·亨德森 |
[42:50] | I represent the Andrew Smith Townhouses | 我代表加夫尼广场和特查伦德街道的 |
[42:52] | on Gaffney Place and Trenchard Street. | 安德鲁·史密斯联排住宅 |
[42:55] | I want to talk about what I think | 我想说说大家 |
[42:57] | a lot of people are thinking about– | 都很困扰的事儿 |
[42:59] | the new townhouses and that lady who was murdered across town. | 新的联排住宅 还有在镇上被杀了的女人 |
[43:02] | The tenants are very upset | 因为昨天那两个市议员在电视上 |
[43:05] | about what those two city councilmen said last night on the TV | 说我们怎么怎么样 |
[43:09] | about the kind of people we are, | 房客们都很心烦意乱 |
[43:11] | and we’re upset that they want to screen people at the sites | 而且 他们还打算在各个点筛选人 |
[43:14] | and check on who we have as company and things like that. | 调查我们都跟什么人打交道什么的 也很恼人 |
[43:17] | How would they like it if that kind of thing was said about them? | 换作他们听到我们那么说他们 会乐意么 |
[43:19] | I’m sure they would be upset. | 我肯定他们不会乐意的 |
[43:22] | The tenants are decent people. | 房客们都是正派人 |
[43:26] | And the tenant who might be evicted because of this is, too. | 还有那些可能因为这事儿被赶出去的 也都是正派人 |
[43:31] | That man, Santos, it shouldn’t be assumed | 那个叫桑托斯的人 不能因为他自己说 |
[43:33] | that he lived on Gaffney Place just because he said so. | 住在加夫尼广场就假定他住加夫尼广场 |
[43:35] | Yes. Yes, ma’am. I– | 嗯 女士 我 |
[43:39] | Yes, ma’am. | 嗯 女士 |
[43:42] | I just wanted to say that as commander of Second Precinct | 我就是想说 作为联排住宅数量最多的 |
[43:45] | where most of the townhouses are, | 第二区负责人 |
[43:46] | we haven’t really had any unusual problems | 不管是和单元房还是住户方面 |
[43:48] | at any of the sites or with the residents. | 我们都没有什么特殊问题 |
[43:53] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[43:55] | Thank you, Captain, for your assessment of the situation. | 谢谢 长官 谢谢你做出的评价 |
[43:58] | Is that one of yours, Bob? | 那是你的人么 鲍勃 |
[44:00] | Lucille Lantz had high hopes for her. | 露西尔·兰兹对她予以厚望 |
[44:03] | She is proved right. | 事实证明她太明智了 |
[44:05] | …we will of course continue to offer protection | 当然 我们会一如既往 |
[44:08] | and service like we did before. | 提供保护和服务 |
[44:11] | Miss Rowan, do you have a statement to make | 罗恩小姐 在您发表证词之前 |
[44:13] | before we hear testimony? | 还有什么要说的么 |
[44:17] | Very well. | 很好 |
[44:19] | We’ll hear first from Thomas Downer | 我们首先听取来自纽约州假释分部 |
[44:21] | of the New York State Division of Parole. | 托马斯·唐纳的证词 |
[44:32] | Officer Downer, you are John Santos’s parole officer? | 唐纳警官 你是约翰·桑托斯的保释官么 |
[44:35] | Yes. | 是的 |
[44:46] | How you been, Billie? | 最近怎么样 比利 |
[44:49] | I’m Doreen. | 我是朵琳 |
[44:50] | I remember you from Schlobohm. | 我记得你 住在施洛本 |
[44:53] | Yeah, I live around the way now. | 对 我现在住在这附近了 |
[44:55] | Good to get out of Schlobohm, right? | 搬离施洛本感觉不错 是吧 |
[44:59] | Got my eviction notice. | 我收到了退房通知 |
[45:02] | Gotta get a new apartment, I guess. | 估计 得再找间新公寓了 |
[45:04] | Girl, listen, you can’t let them do this. | 听着 你不能让他们那么做 |
[45:08] | Your man screwed you, | 你男人毁了你 |
[45:09] | but don’t screw yourself double by not fighting back. | 但不要甘为鱼肉 自己再破罐破摔 |
[45:15] | Billie, do you love living here? | 比利 你喜欢住在这么 |
[45:18] | Do your children love living here? | 孩子们喜欢么 |
[45:25] | Come on. | 来吧 |
[45:27] | We gonna call legal aid together. | 咱们得一起请求法律援助 |
[45:46] | You voting today? | 你今天投票吗 |
[45:54] | Who you voting for? | 要投给谁 |
[45:56] | It’s called a secret ballot for a reason. | 这就是匿名投票的好处 |
[46:01] | Of course I’m voting for you. | 我当然投给你了 |
[46:10] | Bye. | 走了 |
[46:26] | – Hello? – Nay, it’s Vinni. | -你好 -奈伊 我是文尼 |
[46:29] | Vinni, uh, you just missed him. | 文尼 他刚出去 |
[46:31] | I’m– I’m sorry it’s come to this. | 我很抱歉事情变成了这般田地 |
[46:34] | He betrayed me, Nay, | 他背叛了我 奈伊 |
[46:36] | and he’s done the same to you. | 他也背叛过你 |
[46:38] | You need to know this. | 这事儿该让你知道 |
[46:40] | He wasn’t sleeping alone on those trips to Albany. | 他去奥尔巴尼出差那些趟可不是一个人睡的 |
[46:45] | Ask him about the Desmond Hotel. | 去问他德斯蒙德旅馆的事儿 |
[46:48] | I know what happened there. | 我知道发生了什么 |
[47:04] | – It’s sick. – What? | -这么做很变态 -什么 |
[47:05] | And wrong. | 也不应该 |
[47:08] | Fuck him. | 去他的 |
[47:10] | Fuck him. | 去他奶奶的 |
[47:33] | Miss O’Neal? | 奥尼尔女士 |
[47:34] | It’s me, Billie, from 175. | 是我 比利 175号的 |
[47:37] | Sorry for walking on your grass. | 不好意思踩到你草坪了 |
[47:39] | It’s nice grass, too, right? | 草坪挺不错的 是吧 |
[47:40] | How are ya? | 你好么 |
[47:42] | I’m okay. | 还好 |
[47:43] | Listen, I don’t mean to bother you, | 是这样 我不想打扰您 |
[47:45] | but legal aid is trying to keep me from being evicted. | 不过法律援助那边正在帮我 不让我被赶出去 |
[47:47] | And it helps if I could get some– some neighbors | 不过 要是能有几个邻居 |
[47:49] | to sign a petition saying I wasn’t a problem. | 帮我签份请愿状 证明我确实没造成麻烦 就更好了 |
[47:52] | Well, you’re not to me. | 好吧 对我来说没造成麻烦 |
[47:54] | Thank you, Miss Norma. | 谢谢 诺玛女士 |
[47:56] | Oh, she can’t… | 哦 她不能 |
[47:58] | Let’s go inside and sit and do this right. | 我们进去坐下来解决 |
[48:02] | I can come back. I mean, if you have to be somewhere. | 要是你们要去别的地方的话 我可以改天再来 |
[48:05] | Just to vote. You voted yet? | 就是去投票 你投了么 |
[48:07] | Uh, no. | 呃 没有 |
[48:09] | Habit with me. | 我的习惯 |
[48:11] | But I can’t say it seem to fix much. | 不过不敢说有多大好处 |
[48:14] | Likely to do more good today signing your thing. | 帮你签这个可能更算一日行善吧 |
[48:18] | Come on in the house, though, baby. | 进屋来吧 孩子 |
[48:19] | You need the keys. | 钥匙 |
[48:20] | I wanna say a special thank you | 我想要特别感谢 |
[48:22] | for all of you who worked so hard today out there | 你们在场所有人的努力 |
[48:24] | manning the polls, getting our message out. | 安排投票事宜 发布信息通知 |
[48:29] | Thank you all so much for all… | 非常感谢各位 |
[48:32] | I need another fucking beer. | 我得再他妈来一杯啤酒 |
[48:36] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[48:38] | This is a bit of a bittersweet victory. | 这胜利的滋味还真是苦乐参半啊 |
[48:43] | Nick… | 尼克 |
[48:45] | what happened at the Desmond Hotel? | 在德斯蒙德旅馆到底发生什么了 |
[48:49] | The Desmond in Albany? | 奥尔巴尼的那个? |
[48:54] | Nothing. Why? Was something supposed to happen? | 没发生什么啊 怎么了 应该发生什么么 |
[49:00] | Never mind. | 没什么 |
[49:01] | …including Mayor Zaleski. | 包括 扎勒斯基市长 |
[49:05] | It was a situation that was unnecessary… | 这是个不必要的形势 |
[49:08] | Yeah? | 嗯 |
[49:10] | …and a situation that should not be repeated again… | 也不应该再重蹈覆辙 |
[49:12] | What are the last wards left? | 最后的选区还剩有多少 |
[49:15] | And now the results… | 目前 结果是 |
[49:17] | Yeah, thanks. | 嗯 谢谢 |
[49:19] | Tonight I intend to ask for the resignation | 今晚 我打算请辞 |
[49:22] | of the Yonkers Democratic Party. | 辞去扬克斯民主党职位 |
[49:26] | Well, you gave it a run, Nick. | 嗯 你拼过了 尼克 |
[49:28] | Vinni was the incumbent, but you– | 文尼是在职者 不过你 |
[49:32] | You gave it a good shot. | 你尽力了 |
[49:33] | Got close. | 差一点儿就成功了 |
[49:35] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[49:37] | Well, that’s twice in a row | 呃 连续两次了 |
[49:40] | I’ve lost running citywide, | 我已经没机会全市竞选了 |
[49:41] | so by the rules of the game, | 所以 按照游戏规则 |
[49:43] | I’m done as a candidate. | 我已经不是候选人了 |
[49:48] | So, what do you have for me in the administration? | 那 你给我在市政部门留了什么位置 |
[49:59] | Jim… | 吉姆 |
[50:02] | promises were made. | 君子一言 驷马难追 |
[50:04] | Promises? | 君子一言? |
[50:12] | You’re just gonna, you know, | 你就打算 |
[50:15] | just use me up like that? | 那么利用我 |
[50:17] | You gonna run me against Vinni, | 让我跟文尼对着干 |
[50:18] | and that way you get rid of one of us, right? | 这样你好除掉我们之中一个 是么 |
[50:20] | Okay. Well… | 好吧 嗯 |
[50:23] | Hey, and don’t think I didn’t see that, um– | 嘿 别以为我没看到 |
[50:25] | that, uh, report in “The Herald Statesman” Yesterday. | 昨天《先驱政治家》政治栏的报道 |
[50:29] | That investigation of the IDA you guys are doing, | 你们在工业开发署做的调查 |
[50:32] | that secretary that stole some money? | 调查那个私吞公款的部长 |
[50:33] | – What about it? – That’s the last bullet, right? | -怎么 -那是最后一招 是吧 |
[50:36] | Wh-what do you mean? | 什 什么意思 |
[50:38] | As mayor, I was chairman of the IDA, Jim. | 吉姆 作为市长时 我是工业开发署主席 |
[50:42] | But I didn’t steal shit. You | 不过我他妈什么都没拿 |
[50:43] | look at my bank account, I didn’t steal anything. | 去查我账户 我什么都没拿 |
[50:45] | – Then don’t worry– – Yeah, | -那就别担心 -嗯 |
[50:47] | but I’m still gonna get investigated anyway? | 不过我还是会被调查对吗 |
[50:49] | If I’d have beat Vinni, | 要是我打败了文尼 |
[50:50] | you would’ve come at me with that bullshit anyway. | 你就会用那些鬼话来糊弄我是吧 |
[50:52] | I get Vinni for you, but then you get me, is that right? | 我帮你除了文尼 之后就轮到我了 是吧 |
[50:55] | – Nick… – Huh? | -尼克 -嗯? |
[50:56] | I don’t have a pot to piss in, Jim! | 我一无所有了吉姆 |
[50:59] | I didn’t steal, but you wanna take | 我什么都没拿 不过你打算 |
[51:01] | what’s left of my reputation? | 毁了我仅剩的名誉 |
[51:02] | You wanna tear that down as well? | 这个你也想毁了么 |
[51:04] | – Nick, you need to calm down, okay? – Fuck you, Jim! | -尼克 你冷静点儿 好么 -去你妈的 吉姆 |
[51:06] | And you tell Zaleski I said fuck him, too! | 顺便告诉扎勒斯基 也去他妈的 |
[51:09] | Piece of shit. | 真他妈晦气 |
[51:14] | We work for trucks. | 我们给卡车干活 |
[51:16] | Yeah, we work for garbage trucks. | 嗯 我们是用垃圾车的 |
[51:18] | Let’s clean up so everybody can get this dirt away. | 快清理了大家好打扫 |
[51:26] | Poodle Lady. | 狗狗阿姨 |
[51:35] | My name is Jaron. | 我叫杰伦 |
[51:38] | What’s their names? | 他们名字叫什么 |
[51:44] | Martini, Brandy, and Alexander. | 马提尼 白兰地 还有亚历山大 |
[51:53] | Do you like dogs? | 你喜欢狗么 |
[51:56] | Yes. | 喜欢 |
[51:57] | – Soft, isn’t he? – Yes. | -软绵绵的 是吧 -嗯 |
[51:59] | Yeah. Somebody’s playing behind you here. | 嗯 后面有人摸你哦 |
[52:02] | He’s really excited. | 他好兴奋 |
[52:04] | 22 up! | 22号好了 |
[52:05] | AC plain and a full house. | 小牌加葫芦 |
[52:07] | You should have gotten a haircut. | 你该理个发 |
[52:10] | You should have taken off of work. | 你该翘个班 |
[52:13] | Seriously. | 说真的 |
[52:14] | I think you would look much better | 我觉得你剪短发 |
[52:16] | with shorter hair. | 更好看 |
[52:18] | I think you’d look better without eyebrows. | 我觉得你把眉毛剃了更好看 |
[52:22] | I can’t do that. I can’t take them out. | 那可不行 不能剃了 |
[52:26] | As it so happens, I made an appointment for tomorrow. | 既然这么说了 我预约明天去 |
[52:29] | – For your hair? – Mm-hmm. | -剪头发 -嗯 |
[52:32] | – That’s good. – Mm-hmm. | -太好了 -嗯 |
[52:35] | Oh, God, it’s almost 2:00. You gotta get me back. | 哦 我天 快两点了 快送我回去 |
[52:38] | – No, I’ll be in trouble. – Play hooky with me. | -不行 我会有麻烦的 -翘班陪我嘛 |
[52:40] | – I can’t. – Come on. | -不行啦 -来嘛 |
[52:42] | I can’t, and you are going to go back | 不行 而且今天你得回去 |
[52:44] | and help your brother with the cabinets today. | 帮你弟整理橱柜 |
[52:48] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[52:51] | What’s that face? | 那是什么表情 |
[52:57] | – It’s just… – Nothing from Surdoval? | -只是 -索达沃那边没消息么 |
[53:02] | No, no, no. There’s nothing for me there. | 不 不 不 没有给我的位置了 |
[53:04] | They made that very clear. | 他们说的非常清楚了 |
[53:05] | Well, screw them. | 嗯 去他们的 |
[53:06] | Seriously. Screw them. | 真的 去他们的 |
[53:08] | You can teach, you can practice law, | 你可以教书 可以开业当律师 |
[53:10] | you can do whatever the fuck you want now. | 你他妈想干啥都行 |
[53:14] | Yeah. Screw them. | 是啊 去他们的 |
[53:16] | Yeah. | 嗯 |
[53:19] | Let’s go. It’s late. | 我们走吧 要迟了 |
[53:21] | Is your stomach better? | 你胃好点儿了么 |
[53:24] | Yeah, it’s okay. | 嗯 还好 |
[53:26] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[53:34] | Bye, thank you. | 拜 谢谢 |
[53:38] | – Hey, Nay. Nay. – What? | -嘿 奈伊 奈伊 -什么 |
[53:40] | This, uh– this IDA thing, | 嗯 工业开发署的事儿 |
[53:42] | – they’re gunning for me. – No. | -他们盯上我了 -不会吧 |
[53:43] | Listen, Zaleski, Surdoval, | 听着 扎勒斯基 索达沃 |
[53:45] | they’ve got Maniglia and these other creeps digging into it, | 他们让马尼戈利亚还有其他那些人调查 |
[53:47] | – like everyone’s corrupt except for them. – Nick… | -好像除了他们之外人人都腐败 -尼克 |
[53:51] | – Who cares what they think? | 谁在乎他们怎么想 |
[53:53] | – I care. I care. It’s my reputation. | 我在乎 我在乎 事关名节 |
[53:55] | You haven’t done anything wrong. You’re innocent. | 你又没犯什么错事 你是清白的 |
[53:57] | That’s not the point. It doesn’t matter what you… | 那不是关键 不在于你是否 |
[53:59] | Innocence is no defense. It’s politics, Nay. | 清白没有用 这是政治 奈伊 |
[54:02] | It’s a smear job. | 干得都是肮脏的勾当 |
[54:03] | Okay, so what? Let go. | 好吧 所以呢 我们走 |
[54:05] | It’s done. Do something new. | 事已至此 尝试点儿别的吧 |
[54:07] | Cut it. I gotta go. | 行了 我得走了 |
[54:09] | Nay, just– take the day off with me. | 奈伊 就 今天就陪我待一天吧 |
[54:12] | I can’t. | 我没法 |
[54:14] | I can’t. | 不行 |
[54:16] | You know Vinni is looking for any excuse to fire me, | 文尼现在想方设法要开了我 |
[54:19] | and you know that. | 你也知道 |
[54:24] | I need you to snap out of it. | 你得重新振作起来 |
[54:26] | – Do it for me, please? – Okay. | -为了我 行么 -好吧 |
[54:30] | You’ll be okay. | 你会没事儿的 |
[54:32] | – We’ll be okay. – Okay. | -我们会没事儿的 -好吧 |
[54:33] | – I love you. – I love you, too. | -我爱你 -我也爱你 |
[54:38] | Let’s go. | 我们走吧 |
[54:41] | – Give me a smile. – Go, go– | -给我笑一个 -走 走 |
[54:42] | Give me a kiss. | 亲我一个 |
[54:49] | Roberto, Maria! | 罗伯托 玛利亚 |
[54:55] | – Where is Felipe? – Playing videos in his room. | -费利佩在哪 -在房里玩游戏 |
[55:20] | Get your brother, | 把你弟叫来 |
[55:21] | and get your jackets. | 去穿衣服 |
[55:23] | Where are we going? | 我们去哪 |
[55:24] | Get your jackets. | 去穿衣服 |
[55:29] | …the fuck you’re doing. | 你他妈干啥 |
[55:30] | I know what you and Biondi are up to. | 我知道你和比昂迪打算干啥 |
[55:32] | You’re fucking Zaleski’s hatchet boys | 你们他妈是扎勒斯基的走狗 |
[55:34] | with your press leaks and your innuendos. | 让媒体走漏些消息 搞些指桑骂槐的报道 |
[55:37] | By the time the truth comes out, it won’t matter. | 等到真相大白时 也就无关紧要了 |
[55:40] | Anyone who’s against you gets trashed, is that right? | 只要跟你对着干的就会被打垮 是吧 |
[55:42] | – If you didn’t do anything, | 要是你什么都没做 |
[55:43] | then what’s the problem? – Then what? | -究竟有什么问题 -然后怎么样 |
[55:44] | Then you’ll tell people that later? | 然后你到时候好昭告天下? |
[55:46] | I spoke to your auditor, I told him everything I know, | 我跟你们审计员说过话 什么都告诉他了 |
[55:49] | and the next day, it was in the fucking newspaper. | 结果他妈第二天 我就上报了 |
[55:51] | – You’re making a scene, Nick. – Fuck you, Andy! | -你是在无理取闹 -去你妈的 安迪 |
[55:53] | – No, fuck you! – And fuck all this investigation bullshit! | -去你妈的 -去你们的狗屁调查 |
[55:57] | You don’t want the truth. You’re out for blood. | 你才不追求真相 你是嗜血成性 |
[56:01] | Isn’t that right? | 说的没错吧 |
[56:04] | This is ridiculous. | 太荒唐了 |
[56:12] | I never liked that guy. | 一直就不喜欢他 |
[56:31] | Hmm. | 嗯 |
[56:34] | I don’t know where anything is. | 我都不知道东西在哪 |
[56:46] | I lose everything. I can’t fucking find anything. | 我一无所有了 他妈什么也找不到 |
[57:06] | Oh, fuck. | 哦 我操 |
[57:12] | Hey, Nick. | 嘿 尼克 |
[57:13] | Come on, help me with these. | 快来 帮我忙 |
[57:15] | Yeah. Yeah, I’m coming. | 嗯 嗯 我这就下去 |
[57:17] | I’ll be right there, all right, Mike? | 我马上就去 好吧 麦克 |
[57:37] | Hey, Mike? Mike? | 嘿 麦克 麦克 |
[57:42] | Hey, Mike? | 嘿 麦克 |
[57:45] | Come here. | 上来 |
[58:04] | But they didn’t find anything. | 他们又没查出来什么 |
[58:17] | Fuck! | 妈的 |
[59:00] | It’s about time. | 抓紧时间过来 |
[59:06] | Nick? | 尼克 |
[59:12] | – Give it here. Here. – No, I’m telling! | -拿来 -不 我说真的 |
[59:14] | – Stop being a baby. – No. | -别耍小孩儿脾气了 -没有 |
[59:17] | – I’m not being a baby. | 我没耍小孩儿脾气 |
[59:18] | I’m not being a baby. – Just give it to me. | -我没耍小孩儿脾气 -就给我就是了 |
[1:00:45] | No. Are you serious? | 不 你说真的么 |
[1:01:43] | Excuse me, please. Sorry. | 不好意思 抱歉 |
[1:01:45] | Cemetery’s closed 5:30. | 公墓五点半就关了 |
[1:01:50] | Oh, you’re the mayor! | 哦 你是那个市长 |
[1:01:53] | On TV I saw you. | 我在电视上看到过 |
[1:01:57] | I’m leaving in just a few moments. | 我一会儿就走 |
[1:02:00] | Oh, okay, okay, okay. | 哦 好吧 好吧 |
[1:02:02] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[1:02:28] | Hey! | 嘿 |
[1:02:34] | Hey, Doreen. | 嘿 朵琳 |
[1:02:36] | # I don’t need your answered prayers… # | #我不求你祈祷应验# |
[1:02:40] | How you doing, Mary? | 你怎么样 玛丽 |
[1:02:42] | # or the chains your lover wears # | #也不求你爱我轻纱翩翩# |
[1:02:47] | 活跃于社区事务 直至2011年逝世 | |
[1:02:52] | # or the secrets that you hold # | #更不求你倾诉秘话绵绵# |
[1:02:56] | # lift me up, darling # | #托起我的灵魂 亲爱的# |
[1:03:02] | # lift me up # | #托起我的灵魂# |
[1:03:05] | # and I’ll fall with you # | #我便随你一同坠落# |
[1:03:07] | # lift me up # | #托起我的灵魂# |
[1:03:10] | # let your love lift me up # | #让你的爱托起我的灵魂# |
[1:03:14] | 奥斯卡·纽曼的公共住房理念 | |
[1:03:14] | 如今已被广泛接受 他逝世于2004年 | |
[1:03:19] | # I don’t need your sacred vow # | #我不求你盟山誓海# |
[1:03:25] | # or the promise tomorrow brings # | #也不求来日方长# |
[1:03:30] | # they’re behind the morning clouds # | #那些都是明日浮云# |
[1:03:36] | # I’ll take the faith the daylight brings # | #朝霞便是我的赤诚# |
[1:03:39] | # lift me up, darling # | #托起我的灵魂 亲爱的# |
[1:03:45] | # lift me up # | #托起我的灵魂# |
[1:03:48] | # and I’ll fall with you # | #我便同你一齐坠落# |
[1:03:50] | # lift me up # | #托起我的灵魂# |
[1:03:54] | # let your love lift me up # | #让你的爱托起我的灵魂# |
[1:04:03] | # when the morning bright # | #拂晓渐至# |
[1:04:08] | # lifts away this night # | #黑夜退散# |
[1:04:13] | # in the light above # | #日光宣洒# |
[1:04:19] | # we will find our love # | #恋歌和鸣# |
[1:04:24] | # we will find our love # | #恋歌和鸣# |
[1:04:42] | # your skin, your hand upon my neck # | #你纤纤玉指在我颈上# |
[1:04:59] | # this heart, this heart, this wilderness # | #这颗心 这颗心 无际茫茫# |
[1:05:03] | # lift me up, darling # | #托起我的灵魂 亲爱的# |
[1:05:09] | # lift me up # | #托起我的灵魂# |
[1:05:12] | # and I’ll fall with you # | #我便同你一齐坠落# |
[1:05:54] | We are adjourned. | 休庭 |
[1:08:14] | # it’s late at night # | #深夜寂寂# |
[1:08:17] | # you’re all alone # | #你独自一人# |
[1:08:20] | # pale moonlight # | #月光苍苍# |
[1:08:23] | # cold as stone # | #冷若冥石# |
[1:08:26] | # heart beats fast # | #心中悸悸# |
[1:08:29] | # time moves slow # | #时间缓缓# |
[1:08:32] | # a stranger’s glance # | #路人瞥见# |
[1:08:35] | # does he know# # | #他可知# |
[1:08:37] | # where you gonna run to# # | #你将逃往何方# |
[1:08:40] | # where you gonna hide# # | #你将藏身何处# |
[1:08:43] | # where you gonna run to# # | #你将逃往何方# |
[1:08:46] | # where you gonna hide# # | #你将藏身何处# |
[1:08:49] | # where you gonna run to# # | #你将逃往何方# |
[1:08:52] | # where you gonna hide # | #你将藏身何处# |
[1:08:57] | # when the people find out that you lied# # | #当谎言败露时# |
[1:09:16] | # well, they took you in # | #他们接纳了你# |
[1:09:20] | # they made you well # | #让你安好# |
[1:09:22] | # they told you things # | #向你倾诉# |
[1:09:26] | # they’d never tell # | #不曾倾诉之事# |
[1:09:29] | # to pay the debt to ’em # | #以偿还债务# |
[1:09:32] | # you made ’em fools # | 你愚弄了他们# |
[1:09:35] | # that’s what you get # | #这便是你的下场# |
[1:09:38] | # they trusted you # | #他们相信了你# |
[1:09:40] | # where you gonna run to# # | #你将逃往何方# |
[1:09:43] | # where you gonna hide# # | #你将藏身何处# |
[1:09:46] | # where you gonna run to# # | #你将逃往何方# |
[1:09:49] | # where you gonna hide# # | #你将藏身何处# |
[1:09:52] | # where you gonna run to# | #你将逃往何方# |
[1:09:55] | # where you gonna hide # | #你将藏身何处# |
[1:10:00] | # when the people find out that you lied# # | #当谎言败露时# |
[1:10:28] | # When they run to the temple # | #当他们到了神庙# |
[1:10:29] | # and find the treasure gone # | #发现宝藏已不见# |
[1:10:34] | # do you think it’s gonna be a cross # | #你觉得他们会不会# |
[1:10:36] | # they’re gonna nail you on# # | #把你钉上十字架# |
[1:10:40] | # where you gonna run to# # | #你将逃往何方# |
[1:10:43] | # where you gonna hide# # | #你将藏身何处# |
[1:10:46] | # where you gonna run to# # | #你将逃往何方# |
[1:10:49] | # where you gonna hide# # | #你将藏身何处# |
[1:10:52] | # where you gonna run to# # | #你将逃往何方# |
[1:10:55] | # where you gonna hide # | #你将藏身何处# |
[1:11:00] | # when the people find out that you lied# # | #当你谎言被识破# |
[1:11:04] | # where you gonna run to# # | #你将逃往何方# |
[1:11:07] | # where you gonna hide# # | #你将藏身何处# |
[1:11:09] | # where you gonna run to# # | #你将逃往何方# |
[1:11:12] | # where you gonna hide# # | #你将藏身何处# |
[1:11:15] | # where you gonna run to# # | #你将逃往何方# |
[1:11:18] | # where you gonna hide # | #你将藏身何处# |
[1:11:22] | # yeah, when the people find out that you lied# # | #没错 当谎言败露时# |