时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:15] | It’s a fucking sketchy neighborhood, man. | 这街区他妈的乱爆了 伙计 |
[00:17] | You see that guy? That’s Chuy Ramirez. | 看到那人了吗 他是楚伊·拉米雷兹 |
[00:21] | And he’s gonna do our new LOGO. | 我们的新标志设计师 |
[00:23] | That’s the artist you were talking about? | 他就是你提过的那位艺术家吗 |
[00:25] | You said he had paintings in galleries. | 你说他有自己的画廊 |
[00:27] | His works hang in the gallery of the streets. | 街道就是他的画廊 |
[00:30] | – I’ll be back in a flash. – Whoa, no. What? | -我去去就回 -别啊 什么 |
[00:33] | Ok. | 好吧 |
[00:35] | Man, we’re just going to sit here like this? | 我们就这样傻坐着吗 |
[00:39] | Oh, shit. Look at this guy. | 操 看这人 |
[00:42] | He’s a scary individual. | 长得真凶神恶煞 |
[00:47] | Hey, buddy. Do you have any drugs? | 哥们 卖毒品吗 |
[00:49] | Please, let it up. Let it up. | 拜托 升起来 升起来 |
[00:51] | If you don’t let it go, I can’t roll it up. | 你不松手 我没法把玻璃升上来 |
[00:53] | Just… please… Just, you… | 拜托… 放… 你… |
[00:54] | Fucking prick! | 王八蛋 |
[00:56] | I’m gonna beat you in your face! | 看我怎么收拾你 |
[00:59] | Chuy Ramirez? Erlich Bachman. | 楚伊·拉米雷兹 我是埃利希·巴赫曼 |
[01:02] | – We spoke on the phone? – What’s up, man? | -我们通过电话 -什么事 |
[01:03] | – Pleasure to meet you. – All right. | -很高兴见到你 -我也是 |
[01:05] | This is great. Look at this. | 看这幅作品 太棒了 |
[01:07] | This is what we need, you know what I mean? | 这正是我们想要的 懂我意思吗 |
[01:09] | Something raw. | 天然去雕饰的东西 |
[01:10] | We already have kind of a shitty name, Pied Piper, | 我们公司名已经很烂了 ‘魔笛手’ |
[01:13] | but the last thing we want is two lowercase P’s in a square | 但我们绝不要一个方块里加俩小写的P |
[01:16] | like those motherfuckers across the freeway would make. | 跟高速那边那群混蛋一样 |
[01:18] | This is what we want. | 这才是我们想要的 |
[01:20] | So you gonna give me stock options, or what? | 所以你想给我认股权还是别的什么 |
[01:22] | – What? – Yeah. You know Dave Choe? | -什么 -你知道大卫·崔吗 |
[01:24] | He did the murals over at FaceBook. | 他给脸书的大楼画了副壁画 |
[01:26] | He got a stock option deal, | 就拿到了认股权 |
[01:27] | ended up making like a hundred million dollars. | 摇身一变成为亿万富翁 |
[01:29] | I want a deal like that. | 我也要这样的报酬 |
[01:31] | You know, I don’t really speak all that Wall Street bullshit. | 我不会华尔街那套忽悠人的调调 |
[01:34] | You know what I’m saying? | 你懂我的意思吗 |
[01:35] | We’re just like five guys hanging out in a house, | 我们只有五个人 窝在一间房 |
[01:37] | trying to make cool shit. | 想干出一番大事业 |
[01:38] | Well, you told me you own ten percent of it, | 你说过你持有百分之十的股份 |
[01:40] | so you must know something about it, right? | 那你一定知道点内部消息 |
[01:42] | You could just give me some of your points. | 你可以把你的股份给我一点 |
[01:43] | Hey, I’m not an accountant, you know? | 我不是搞财务的 |
[01:45] | I don’t even know what that means, | 我都不懂那词是什么意思 |
[01:47] | a lot of those words. | 很多词我都听不懂 |
[01:49] | You fucking prick! | 你混蛋 |
[01:59] | Oh, you fucker. | 你他妈的 |
[02:02] | Let me in. Please, please… | 让我进去 拜托 拜托 |
[02:03] | I’ll break this. I don’t care. I don’t care. | 我会砸窗的 我无所谓 才不在乎 |
[02:04] | – I’ll break this… – I can’t hear you. | -我会砸… -我听不到你说什么 |
[02:07] | Oh God. I can’t hear you. | 天啊 我听不清 |
[02:12] | Yeah, but you don’t want stock in our company. | 对 但你不会想要我们公司的股份 |
[02:14] | If I could go back in time, I wouldn’t have taken the stock. | 如果能重选一次 我一定不要股份 |
[02:16] | I would’ve taken cash only. I’m telling you… | 我只会拿钱 我和你说… |
[02:19] | Who’s that dude? | 那哥们是谁 |
[02:20] | Uh, nobody. He’s a coder. | 不是谁 就是个程序员 |
[02:22] | You got a Latino working for you? | 你有拉丁裔的员工 |
[02:24] | That’s cool, yo. Not a lot of Latinos working in tech. | 真厉害 高科技的一般都不招拉丁人 |
[02:28] | Yeah. Yeah, he’s Latino. | 对对 他是拉丁裔 |
[02:31] | Yeah, and he’s one of the best coders we have. | 而且他是我们最好的程序员之一 |
[02:33] | Kind of adds a Latin flair to the company. | 也给我们公司增添了不少拉丁元素 |
[02:35] | I told you, we do things differently. | 我告诉过你 我们不走寻常路 |
[02:39] | Yeah. You know what? | 你知道吗 |
[02:40] | I could do a cash deal for a Latino company. | 你们有拉丁员工 我可以拿现金 |
[02:43] | I think we should get out of here, though, | 但是 我们不能再待这了 |
[02:44] | because I just painted over some dude’s shit | 我这是喷在了别人的画上 |
[02:45] | and people get shot behind that. | 这事可是会挨枪子的 |
[02:46] | So I’ll catch you on the flip. Peace! | 少侠再会 |
[02:49] | Uh, OK. Peace, Chuy. | 好吧 再会 楚伊 |
[02:56] | Oh, God. This is… | 天啊 这… |
[02:57] | This is very real! | 这可不是闹着玩的 |
[02:59] | Hey, Dinesh! Get in the fucking car. | 迪尼希 快滚上车 |
[03:01] | – There may be a drive-by about to happen. – What? | -可能要发生飞车枪击案了 -什么 |
[03:16] | You promised this guy ten thousand dollars | 你不经同意 就许诺给他 |
[03:18] | without any approval? | 一万美金 |
[03:19] | – Are you high? – A little bit, yeah. | -你嗑药了吗 -嗑了点 |
[03:22] | But that’s irrelevant. | 不过和这没关系 |
[03:23] | A cool company needs a cool LOGO. | 好公司要配好标志 |
[03:25] | You think those guys over at Nucleus are hiring | ‘纽核力’的傻蛋才不会干出 |
[03:27] | a convicted felon to paint a mural on their garage? | 雇有案底的人去车库画壁画这么酷的事 |
[03:30] | For ten thousand dollars? No. | 还花一万块吗 当然不 |
[03:32] | Look, I took a run at a burn-down chart. | 我做了一份开销预算图 |
[03:36] | Jesus fucking Christ. | 我的老天 |
[03:43] | It’s not pretty. | 情况不容乐观 |
[03:44] | The way things are going, | 这样下去 |
[03:45] | we’re not gonna finish for five months, | 五个月内我们是做不完的 |
[03:48] | and even with everyone on reduced salaries, | 即使减少每人的工资 |
[03:50] | we’ll exhaust all our funding in four. | 到第四个月 我们的资金也会用尽 |
[03:51] | And that’s without wasting ten thousand dollars on artwork. | 这还不算你浪费了一万在标志上 |
[03:54] | “Wasting”? I got a great deal. | “浪费” 我可是谈了笔好买卖 |
[03:56] | You know he wanted stock options until he saw Dinesh? | 他在看见迪尼希前一直想要股票期权 |
[03:58] | Hold on, what? | 等等 什么情况 |
[04:00] | Don’t be offended, | 你别觉得被冒犯了 |
[04:01] | but for some weird reason, Chuy took a look at you | 但楚伊看了你一眼 出于某种诡异的原因 |
[04:05] | and thought you were… a Mexican. | 他觉得你是墨西哥人 |
[04:09] | Why would I be offended by that? | 为什么这会冒犯到我 |
[04:11] | What? | 什么 |
[04:11] | Why would I be offended by him thinking I’m Mexican? | 为什么他认为我是墨西哥人会冒犯到我 |
[04:14] | He’s Mexican, right? | 他就是墨西哥人 对吧 |
[04:15] | Yeah, he is, but you’re not. | 他是 但你不是啊 |
[04:17] | You’re Pakistani. | 你是巴基斯坦人 |
[04:18] | So? Actually, | 所以呢 实际上 |
[04:21] | the very fact that you think this would be offensive to me | 你以为这会冒犯到我 |
[04:24] | is offensive. | 才是对我的冒犯 |
[04:26] | You’re the one being racist. | 你有种族歧视 |
[04:27] | No. I’m not the one who called you a Mexican. | 不是啊 我又没说你是墨西哥人 |
[04:30] | “Called me a Mexican”? You’re doing it again. | “说我是墨西哥人” 你又来了 |
[04:33] | I’m bending over backwards to not be racist right now. | 我可是在拼命避免种族歧视呢 |
[04:36] | All right. Well, what did he say | 那你告诉他我不是墨西哥人时 |
[04:38] | when you told him I wasn’t Mexican? | 他怎么说的 |
[04:40] | – I didn’t. – And why not? | -我没说 -为什么不 |
[04:42] | Because I wanted him to paint our garage for cheap. | 因为我想低价雇他来画车库门 |
[04:46] | I… I genuinely don’t know how to respond to that. | 我实在不知道该作何回应 |
[04:49] | You know, I’m not gonna take the bait here. | 我不会上你的套的 |
[04:50] | I am not a racist, all right? | 我不搞种族歧视那一套 好吧 |
[04:52] | I watch a lot of black porn. I mean, a lot. | 我看很多黑人色情片 非常多 |
[04:57] | One question: | 有个小问题 |
[04:58] | in this porn, is the man black, | 你看的色情片里 男主是黑人 |
[05:01] | or the woman black, or are they both? | 或女主是黑人 还是都是 |
[05:05] | Is one of those racist, and the others aren’t? | 所以其中一个是种族歧视 其他不是吗 |
[05:07] | I’ll hack his browser history. | 我去黑他的浏览器历史记录 |
[05:08] | We’ll get to the bottom of this. | 咱得查个清楚 |
[05:10] | Yep. | 好的 |
[05:10] | Hold on. That’s unnecessary. | 等等 没这个必要 |
[05:13] | Hold on. | 等等 |
[05:14] | Richard? | 理查德 |
[05:16] | Can you explain this to me? | 你能解释一下吗 |
[05:19] | What? | 什么 |
[05:20] | I just got a text from my friend at TechCrunch. | 我在’科技博客’的一个朋友刚给我发了短信 |
[05:22] | Pied Piper just got into this year’s Start-Up Battlefield? | ‘魔笛手’刚刚打入了今年的创业竞技场 |
[05:25] | Oh, really? Oh, that’s so cool. | 真的吗 那很好啊 |
[05:26] | No. No, it isn’t. | 不 一点也不好 |
[05:28] | We’re already seeded, Richard. | 我们有金主了 理查德 |
[05:30] | Why would we enter a start-up competition at a tech conference? | 为什么还要参加创业展会 |
[05:33] | I sent in the application a few months ago | 我几个月前提交的申请 |
[05:35] | and I totally forgot about it. | 结果给忘了 |
[05:36] | Relax, I will withdraw. | 淡定 我会撤销申请 |
[05:38] | Relax? This house is chaos. | 淡定 这里已经乱套了 |
[05:41] | I gave up a great job and stock options | 我放弃了’互利’的大好工作 |
[05:43] | at Hooli to come here | 和股票期权来到这里 |
[05:44] | because I thought Pied Piper could be viable, | 因为我以为’魔笛手’能获得成功 |
[05:46] | but it never will be unless we make some changes. | 但如果不做出改变 它将无法发展下去 |
[05:49] | We need to operate like a business | 我们得像企业一样运营 |
[05:51] | or we’re not going to… | 不然我们不可能… |
[05:54] | Richard? Richard? | 理查德 理查德 |
[06:00] | Thanks for coming in, Nelson. | 感谢前来 尼尔森 |
[06:01] | Mr. Belson is very excited to meet with you. | 贝尔森先生很期待与你的会面 |
[06:04] | I thought he was in Jackson Hole this week. | 我还以为他这周在杰克逊霍尔 |
[06:07] | Yes, he is. We’re going to call him up on the TeleHuman. | 没错 我们要用’人像传输’与他连线 |
[06:10] | It’s amazing. It’s holographic | 这非常神奇 是一项我们收购的 |
[06:12] | 3D teleconferencing technology that we’ve acquired. | 3D全息远程会议技术 |
[06:15] | It’s going to feel as if Gavin is right here | 它会让你感觉盖文就在这里 |
[06:17] | in the room with you. | 就在你身边 |
[06:20] | Oh, it’s him! | 是他 |
[06:21] | It’s him! | 是他 |
[06:25] | Hello, Nelson. Thanks for meeting with me. | 你好 尼尔森 感谢你前来会面 |
[06:27] | Whoa. Hi. That’s cool. | 你好 真酷啊 |
[06:29] | Am I a hologram over there too? | 我在那边也是全息影像吗 |
[06:31] | What? No, of course not. | 什么 不 当然不是了 |
[06:34] | Question: do you still talk to Richard Hendricks? | 你和理查德·亨德里克斯还有联系吗 |
[06:37] | Uh, yeah. I mean, not about Nucleus or anything… | 有 但绝不是关于’纽核力’什么的 |
[06:41] | Why would he enter Pied Piper | 他为什么要让’魔笛手’ |
[06:42] | in TechCrunch Disrupt? | 参加’科技博客’创业展会 |
[06:44] | I know a lot of big players have come out of it, | 我知道有很多厉害角色都出自这里 |
[06:46] | Dropbox, Yammer, what have you. | ‘碉堡盒’ ‘雅美'[社交软件]等等 |
[06:47] | But Peter Gregory’s already funding him. | 但彼得·格里高利已经在资助他了 |
[06:49] | Why would he let Richard do this? It makes no sense. | 他怎么会同意理查德这样做 没道理啊 |
[06:52] | I don’t know. I didn’t even know Richard got in. | 我不知道 我都不知道理查德参加了 |
[06:55] | Is Peter Gregory toying with me? | 彼得·格里高利是在耍我吗 |
[06:57] | Is he trying to make Richard seem folksy? | 是想让理查德做出接地气的样子吗 |
[06:59] | Like some aw-shucks boy-genius | 打造羞涩的少年天才形象 |
[07:02] | entering an everyman’s competition? | 跟大家一起竞争 |
[07:04] | Mr. Bel… Mr. Belson? | 贝尔森先生 |
[07:06] | – Can you hear me? – Hello? | -能听到吗 -还在吗 |
[07:07] | – Can you hear me? – Yeah, it’s just… | -能听到吗 -能 只是… |
[07:09] | – It’s sort of fading. – Hel-l-l-lo? | -有点不稳定 -有人在吗吗吗吗 |
[07:11] | – Hello. – Hello-ooo. | -我在 -还在吗吗吗吗 |
[07:14] | I’m hearing you, it’s just the image is… | 我能听见你说话 只是图像有点… |
[07:15] | Nelson, shut up for a second. | 尼尔森 先闭嘴 |
[07:16] | If you can hear me, make a gesture. | 如果你能听见我说话 打个手势 |
[07:19] | Is that… do you… | 是这样吗 能看到吗 |
[07:21] | I hear you. Is this… | 我听见了 是这样吗 |
[07:22] | I have no idea what you’re saying, Nelson. | 我完全不知道你在说什么 尼尔森 |
[07:23] | Nelson. Nelson. | 尼尔森 尼尔森 |
[07:24] | Can you help me, please? | 能帮我修一下吗 |
[07:31] | OK, I think what happened was when you set it up, | 应该是你安装时出的问题 |
[07:33] | – you forgot to… – I didn’t set it up. | -忘记装… -不是我安装的 |
[07:34] | I paid one of you people to set it up. Just fix it. | 我付钱让你们来装 快把它修好 |
[07:38] | OK. | 好吧 |
[07:41] | Here’s the thing, it’s not working. | 问题是 它坏了 |
[07:44] | Um, the audio’s still working. You could just use that. | 音频还能用 你可以只用音频 |
[07:47] | “The audio is working”? Excuse me?! | 音频还能用 拜托 |
[07:50] | I paid twenty million fucking dollars to acquire this company! | 我花了两千多万美金买了这个公司 |
[07:53] | Fuck you, the audio is working! | 去你妈的 音频还能用 |
[07:55] | Audio worked a hundred fucking years ago! | 那他妈是打电话好吗 |
[07:58] | You fucking piece of shit-t-t-t… | 你个废废废废废物 |
[08:04] | – It appears we’ve lost him. – Yeah. | -看来连接断了 -是啊 |
[08:06] | – Why don’t we just Hooli-Chat instead? – Yeah. | -不如我们用互利聊吧 -好的 |
[08:12] | That’s better. | 这样好多了 |
[08:13] | Sorry. The TeleHuman is a great piece of technology. | 对不起 人像传输是一项伟大的技术 |
[08:17] | Unfortunately, the broadband | 但很不幸 怀俄明乡下 |
[08:18] | isn’t that great out here in rural Wyoming. | 这的带宽太低 |
[08:20] | That presents a great business opportu… | 这给我们带来了很多的商 |
[08:24] | Nelson, make a gesture… …hear me. | 尼尔森 听得到的话 做个手势 |
[08:27] | Oh, for fuck’s sake. | 真他妈的 |
[08:31] | Uh… I think you forgot to update your software. | 我想你可能忘记更新你的软件了 |
[08:35] | God dammit. Fu…! | 去你妈 |
[08:47] | Hello. Oh, hi, Gavin. | 喂 盖文 |
[08:51] | What’s that? I’m sorry, | 你说什么 对不起 |
[08:53] | you’re kind of breaking up there. | 你那边信号不好 |
[08:54] | He… Hello? Hello? | 喂 喂喂 |
[08:57] | OK, let’s start the meeting. | 好了 开始开会吧 |
[09:00] | I think we need to define our corporate culture. | 我们需要定义一下企业文化 |
[09:02] | Our whole corporate culture is that we don’t have | 我们的企业文化就是 |
[09:05] | a corporate culture. | 没有企业文化 |
[09:06] | That is totally ridiculous, Gilfoyle. | 这太扯淡了 吉尔弗约尔 |
[09:08] | The main reason dogs are perceived to have | 狗能拥有更加敏锐的嗅觉 |
[09:10] | a more keen sense of smell | 主要原因就是 |
[09:11] | is because their noses are closer to the ground. | 它们的鼻子更贴近地面 |
[09:13] | Therefore, with a little practice, | 因此只要稍加练习 |
[09:14] | I could easily have as keen a sense of smell as a dog’s. | 我就能拥有和狗同样敏锐的嗅觉 |
[09:17] | Guys? I guess you didn’t see the sign. | 伙计们 我猜你们没看到标志 |
[09:19] | We’re actually having a meeting here. | 我们正在开会呢 |
[09:21] | Congratulations. | 祝贺你们 |
[09:22] | It’s sort of for management only. | 会议只限管理人员参与 |
[09:29] | Are you fucking serious right now? | 你他妈说真的吗 |
[09:31] | Are you really kicking us out? | 你真的要赶我们出去 |
[09:32] | Well, I thought, maybe you guys could just | 我想 你们俩也许可以 |
[09:33] | take your food into the living room? | 拿着吃的去客厅吃 |
[09:35] | So you want to have a meeting in the room where all the food is, | 所以你想在放食物的房间开会 |
[09:37] | while we eat our food in the room where all of the computers are? | 却让我们去办公的地方吃东西 |
[09:40] | Guys, just five minutes. Please? | 伙计们 就五分钟 拜托 |
[09:50] | OK, you see? This… this is a case in point. | 看到了吗 这就是活生生的例子 |
[09:53] | This is a company, | 这是一家公司 |
[09:54] | and yet we have no boundaries and no protocol. | 但我们没有任何界限和规则 |
[09:56] | We need to establish a clear corporate culture | 我们需要塑造出企业文化来 |
[09:59] | or we’re not gonna make it. | 否则我们永远无法成功 |
[10:01] | Take Dinesh and Gilfoyle. | 拿迪尼希和吉尔弗约尔来讲 |
[10:02] | They are wasting an enormous amount of time arguing. | 他们浪费了好多时间来争论 |
[10:05] | What if we were to separate them, right? | 如果我们能把他们分开呢 |
[10:07] | Divide their existing work space into two areas. | 把他们现有的工作区域隔开 |
[10:10] | We could put in some kind of portable barrier… | 我们可以设立一些可移动的屏障 |
[10:12] | He’s talking about cubicles! | 他要用隔间 |
[10:14] | We are not doing cubicles. No way! | 我们不要隔间 坚决不 |
[10:15] | No, no, no. Don’t think of it as a cubicle. | 不不不 别把它想象成隔间 |
[10:17] | Just think of it as a neutral-colored enclosure, | 把它想象成灰白色的小围栏 |
[10:20] | about yay-high, around your workspace. | 大概这么高 环绕在你们工作区周围 |
[10:27] | OK, fine. But do you know who uses cubicles? | 好吧 但你知道有谁用隔间吗 |
[10:30] | Every single Fortune 500 company. | 五百强的公司都用 |
[10:32] | Why? Because they work. | 为什么 因为他们要工作 |
[10:34] | He’s trying to turn us into corporate rock, Richard. | 他要把我们变成企业摇滚风 理查德 |
[10:36] | – No. – We are punk rock. | -不是的 -我们是朋克摇滚风 |
[10:39] | Actually, you know, I think a better analogy would be jazz. | 事实上 我觉得用爵士风来形容更合适 |
[10:42] | Like we riff and improvise around a central theme | 就好像我们围绕一个主题即兴创作 |
[10:44] | to create one cohesive piece of music… | 最终形成一首结构紧密的音乐 |
[10:45] | Don’t you think that’s better? | 你不觉得这比喻更贴切吗 |
[10:46] | No, no. They teach fucking jazz at Juilliard. | 不 茱莉亚音乐学院给他妈爵士乐开了课的 |
[10:48] | We’re not jazz. We’re fucking punk rock. | 我们不是爵士风 我们是朋克摇滚风 |
[10:50] | You see? You see, you guys are arguing over | 看到了吗 你们明明想表达一个意思 |
[10:53] | what metaphor to use to agree with each other. | 却在争论用什么样的比喻更好 |
[10:55] | This is the inefficiency I’m trying to eliminate. | 我不希望你们这样浪费时间 |
[10:58] | My suggestions could actually help you beat me in this argument. | 我的建议反而能帮你们打败我 |
[11:03] | Do you see the irony there? | 你们明白这其中的讽刺了吗 |
[11:14] | I… I can’t argue with this. | 这我倒是无法争辩了 |
[11:17] | Yo, Erlich! | 埃利希 |
[11:18] | Uh, Chuy’s here. | 楚伊来了 |
[11:19] | No. And this, this… this is the craziest one of all. | 不 这才是最离谱的事情 |
[11:22] | I mean, we’re really about to spend ten thousand dollars | 我们真要花一万美金 |
[11:24] | on-on-on a LOGO we could generate in-house for free? | 买个自己也能免费设计出来的标志吗 |
[11:28] | It’s madness. You want a LOGO? | 简直在发神经 你想要标志 |
[11:31] | Here, just… | 我给你画 |
[11:34] | There. I just saved this company ten thousand dollars. | 看 我刚为公司省了一万美金 |
[11:37] | Are you fucking serious? Lowercase letters? | 你他妈开什么玩笑 小写字母 |
[11:40] | Twitter, lowercase “t.” Google, lowercase “g.” | ‘推特’ 小写’t’ ‘谷歌’ 小写’g’ |
[11:43] | Facebook lowercase “f”. | ‘脸书’ 小写’f’ |
[11:45] | Every fucking company in the Valley has lowercase letters. | 硅谷那帮傻逼公司都他妈用小写字母 |
[11:48] | Why? Because it’s safe. | 为什么 因为没有风险 |
[11:50] | But we aren’t going to do that. | 可是我们决不那么做 |
[11:53] | We’re gonna go with Chuy. | 我们要让楚伊画 |
[11:55] | Unless any of you gringos wants to go out there | 除非你们几个美国佬 |
[11:57] | and tell a guy with three assault convictions | 敢告诉那个有三次暴力犯罪前科的人 |
[11:59] | that we’re not gonna give him the money we promised him. | 我们不打算给他钱了 |
[12:02] | Hm? That’s what I thought. | 我看也不敢 |
[12:04] | I mean… God. | 真是 可悲 |
[12:10] | Are you still enjoying your asparagus, sir? | 您还要继续享用芦笋吗 先生 |
[12:13] | I was never enjoying it. | 我从来没有”享用”过它 |
[12:15] | I only eat it for the nutrients. | 我吃它是为了营养考虑 |
[12:18] | You may take it. | 你可以拿走了 |
[12:23] | Oh, shit. | 该死 |
[12:26] | Peter, I don’t want to upset you, | 彼得 我不想让你不快 |
[12:29] | but Gavin Belson just walked in. | 可是盖文·贝尔森刚走进来 |
[12:40] | Does he see us? | 他看到我们了吗 |
[12:41] | I don’t know. He must know that you’re here. | 我不知道 但他肯定知道你在这里 |
[12:44] | If I scurry to the restroom, do you imagine he would… | 如果我躲去厕所 你觉得 |
[12:48] | Peter! | 彼得 |
[12:50] | I didn’t know you came here. | 我不知道你也在这里 |
[12:53] | Gavin. Hello. | 盖文 你好 |
[12:58] | Nice to see you. | 见到你很高兴 |
[13:00] | And you, as well. | 见到你也是 |
[13:05] | How are you? | 你好吗 |
[13:07] | Well. | 挺好 |
[13:08] | And you? | 你呢 |
[13:10] | Not bad. | 还不错 |
[13:11] | I just got back from Jackson Hole. | 我刚从杰克逊霍尔回来 |
[13:14] | Have you been? | 你去过吗 |
[13:16] | I have not. | 没去过 |
[13:18] | But I hear good things. | 不过我听说不错 |
[13:23] | You look well. Are you exercising? | 你气色不错 最近在运动吗 |
[13:27] | I have begun to do Pilates. | 我开始学普拉提了 |
[13:29] | Well… I hear that’s good. | 我听说那还不错 |
[13:34] | I like it. | 我很喜欢 |
[13:36] | Yes. | 是嘛 |
[13:40] | Well, I didn’t mean to interrupt. | 不好意思打扰你们用餐了 |
[13:42] | Nice to see you, Peter. | 见到你很高兴 彼得 |
[13:44] | – Goodbye now. – OK. | -再会 -好的 |
[13:52] | You know, I almost forgot. | 对了 差点忘了 |
[13:54] | I saw that Pied Piper | 我看到’魔笛手’ |
[13:56] | is in the Start-Up Battlefield at TechCrunch Disrupt. | 参加了’科技博客’的创业展会 |
[13:59] | It inspired me to call TechCrunch | 我备受启发 便给’科技博客’打了个电话 |
[14:02] | and offer to be their keynote speaker. | 提出给他们做一场专题演讲 |
[14:04] | They were quite accommodating. | 他们很乐意 |
[14:06] | Especially when I said that I’d make the event | 尤其是当我说想通过此次演讲 |
[14:09] | the grand unveiling of Nucleus. | 揭秘’纽核力’的时候 |
[14:12] | So, I will see you all at the conference. | 那我们展会时见了 |
[14:21] | This is displeasing. | 真不开心 |
[14:23] | I have never seen him so incensed. | 我从来没见过他这么生气 |
[14:27] | What the hell were you thinking, Richard? | 你究竟在想什么 理查德 |
[14:29] | How could you not tell us | 居然没告诉我们 |
[14:30] | you entered TechCrunch Disrupt? | 你参加了’科技博客’创业展会 |
[14:32] | I applied before I even met you guys. | 我遇到你们之前就申请了 |
[14:34] | I wasn’t gonna say anything because I was gonna withdraw. | 我没说是因为我打算退出 |
[14:36] | – No, you’re not. – I’m not? Why not? | -不 不能退出 -不能 为什么 |
[14:39] | Because of you, Gavin Belson | 就因为你 盖文·贝尔森 |
[14:41] | is debuting Nucleus at TCD. | 要在创业展会发布’纽核力’ |
[14:43] | If you pull out, it looks like Peter is running away from Gavin. | 如果你退出了 感觉像彼得想躲盖文 |
[14:46] | So like it or not, you are presenting a live demo | 所以不管你愿不愿意 八周以后 |
[14:49] | in front of the world in eight weeks. | 你要做出个展示程序来 |
[14:51] | A live demo of what? | 什么的展示程序 |
[14:53] | I entered TCD with an early build of Pied Piper, | 我申请的时候提交过’魔笛手’的早期版本 |
[14:55] | when it was still just a music app. | 当时还是个音乐应用程序 |
[14:56] | No. Sorry. Executive decision: we are not doing TechCrunch. | 抱歉 行政决议 我们不参加创业展会 |
[15:00] | OK. So let me just tell you what’s gonna happen: | 那我来告诉你会有什么后果吧 |
[15:03] | Peter will pull all of his support | 彼得不再支持你 |
[15:05] | and pass on any further funding, | 以后也不会注资 |
[15:07] | which, as you know, is the most flaming signaling risk on earth. | 这你也清楚将是最严重的后果 |
[15:10] | You’ll burn through the rest of your runway, | 你们会花光手头的钱 |
[15:12] | no one will step in, then you’ll go bust. | 没人给钱 你们就完蛋了 |
[15:16] | I don’t get it. | 我不明白 |
[15:17] | Doesn’t Peter Gregory want what’s best for the company? | 彼得·格里高利不是该从公司利益出发吗 |
[15:21] | Look. I’m going to be straight with you. | 我跟你说实话吧 |
[15:28] | Peter Gregory doesn’t care. | 彼得·格里高利不在乎 |
[15:32] | – About…? – You. | -在乎什么 -你 |
[15:34] | Wait. Just him or both of us? | 等等 只有他还是我们 |
[15:36] | Any of you. Pied Piper. | 你们所有人 整个’魔笛手’ |
[15:39] | Ok… | 好吧 |
[15:41] | Uh, well, then why did he back us? | 那他为什么支持我们 |
[15:45] | Does he just want to piss off Gavin Belson? | 只是想激怒盖文·贝尔森吗 |
[15:46] | He spent two hundred thousand | 他花了两百万美元 |
[15:47] | – dollars just to… – Yeah, that’s nothing! | -就是为了… -这点钱不算什么 |
[15:50] | Peter would spend millions just to mildly annoy Gavin. | 彼得可以花几百万美元只为恶心盖文 |
[15:54] | These are billionaires, Richard. | 这就是亿万富翁 理查德 |
[15:55] | Humiliating each other is worth more to them | 他们用来羞辱对方的钱 |
[15:57] | than we’ll make in a lifetime. | 比我们一辈子挣的还要多 |
[16:00] | I see. | 我明白了 |
[16:02] | And you conveniently forgot to mention any of this | 而你在劝说我 |
[16:05] | when you were convincing me | 放弃那一千万美元的时候 |
[16:06] | to turn down ten million dollars? | 又碰巧忘记了告诉我这一点 |
[16:08] | And now I’m in the middle of some pissing contest | 而我现在被夹在两个亿万富翁的 |
[16:10] | between two billionaires. | 无聊竞争中 |
[16:12] | In fairness, | 平心而论 |
[16:14] | Gavin only offered you the ten million dollars | 盖文能给你开价一千万 |
[16:16] | because we started pursuing you… | 只是因为我们找到了你 |
[16:18] | But he offered it to me, Monica! | 但他开了这个价 莫妮卡 |
[16:19] | He offered it to me. | 他开了这个价 |
[16:20] | Ten million dollars and I didn’t take it. | 一千万美元啊 我却没有收 |
[16:22] | Because you came to me when I was puking and freaking out | 就因为在我激动紧张到吐的时候 |
[16:25] | and told me that Peter Gregory believed in me, | 你对我说 彼得·格里高利对我有信心 |
[16:28] | when in reality, he didn’t even give a flying fuck! | 但事实上 他根本不在乎 |
[16:31] | – Richard… – Oh, my God. | -理查德 -天啊 |
[16:32] | I didn’t turn down ten million dollars | 我拒绝那一千万美元 |
[16:34] | because of Peter Gregory, Monica! | 不是因为彼得·格里高利 莫妮卡 |
[16:36] | I turned it down because of you! | 我拒绝都是因为你 |
[16:42] | However angry he is, | 不管他多生气 |
[16:43] | I am one-tenth as angry. | 我都有他十分之一那么生气 |
[16:48] | Because one of the ten million would’ve been mine. | 因为我本可以拿到那一千万的十分之一 |
[16:51] | – Because I… I own ten percent. – I know. | -因为我有’魔笛手’… -我懂 |
[16:54] | – Of Pied Piper… – I know! | -十分之一的股份 -我懂你的意思 |
[16:58] | It’s push. | 是推的 |
[17:10] | We didn’t think we were going to get this thing done | 就算有五个月我觉得我们都搞不定 |
[17:12] | when we had five months to do it. Now we have two? | 何况我们现在只有两个月 |
[17:14] | Granted, it’s not ideal, but we’re just gonna have to… | 同意 情况不太理想 不过我们只要 |
[17:16] | What the good fuck? | 这他妈是什么 |
[17:18] | What is happening? Is that Dinesh? | 那是什么 画的是迪尼希吗 |
[17:21] | Is that the Statue of Liberty? | 那是自由女神像吗 |
[17:24] | And it’s… There’s penetration. | 而且…还插进去了 |
[17:27] | Hey, neighbor. | 你好啊 邻居 |
[17:30] | Ashley’s getting big! | 阿什利长高了啊 |
[17:32] | She looks… What do we do? | 她看起来… 我们该怎么办 |
[17:35] | I don’t know. Paint over it. | 我不知道 把它涂掉 |
[17:37] | No, no, no. You can’t paint over it. | 不 不 你不能把它涂掉 |
[17:38] | It’s like the code of the streets. | 这是街头涂鸦的法则 |
[17:39] | People get shot behind that. | 否则你会为此挨枪子儿的 |
[17:41] | – Oh, good. – Hey. So what do you guys think, man? | -好极了 -你们觉得怎么样 |
[17:43] | I think Erlich had a few thoughts. | 我觉得埃利希大概有些想法 |
[17:46] | So, I gotta… I’ll let you… | 我要去… 你俩慢慢聊 |
[17:56] | Here’s the headline: | 首先我要说 |
[17:59] | there’s a lot right with it. | 这画有许多可取之处 |
[18:01] | A lot of good stuff in there. | 很多元素都很棒 |
[18:03] | But I just… | 但我只是… |
[18:04] | Do you think the piece is working? | 你觉得这样画合适吗 |
[18:06] | I mean… Maybe it’s a bit too graphic for the space? | 比如 放在这里是不是有点过于写实了 |
[18:11] | No way. Look at it. | 怎么会 看看这幅画 |
[18:12] | It comments on the Latino struggle for justice in America. | 它描绘了拉丁裔是如何在美国争取公正的 |
[18:15] | But even without all the symbolism, | 而且就算不考虑它的象征意义 |
[18:17] | it’s just aesthetically pleasing. | 它还能带来审美上的愉悦 |
[18:19] | Yeah. | 没错 |
[18:21] | All right, here’s the real shit, Chuy. | 好吧 事实上 楚伊 |
[18:24] | Uh, you know, our prize coder, | 我们那位优秀的程序员 |
[18:26] | he’s actually not… Latino. | 他其实不是…拉丁裔 |
[18:31] | What? | 什么 |
[18:31] | Yeah. Point of fact is, he’s Pakistani. | 事实上 他是巴基斯坦人 |
[18:33] | Homes, you lied to me. | 老兄 你骗了我 |
[18:35] | No, no, no. You thought he was Latino, | 不 不 不 你以为他是拉丁裔 |
[18:37] | and I thought I would be racist telling you, you were wrong. | 而我觉得如果反驳你会显得我种族歧视 |
[18:40] | Come on, man. Why would you think that? | 得了吧 你怎么会这么想 |
[18:43] | Thinking that, now that’s racist. | 这种想法才是真正的种族歧视 |
[18:45] | God, I can’t win… with that. | 在这个问题上我真是永远都赢不了 |
[18:48] | Look, Chuy, painting a guy named Dinesh Chugtai | 楚伊 把迪尼希·丘格塔伊 |
[18:52] | as an Aztec warrior just doesn’t make sense. | 画成阿兹特克勇士并没有意义 |
[18:56] | Yeah. You know what? | 好吧 你知道吗 |
[18:58] | I think you might be right, boss. | 我觉得你说得对 老板 |
[19:00] | Great. That’s… | 太好了 那就… |
[19:02] | so… perfect. So change that | 太好了 那就改一下 |
[19:04] | and then don’t have him be fucking | 不要画成 |
[19:06] | the literal symbol of freedom. | 他在肏自由的化身 |
[19:09] | And then, whatever else you wanna do. | 其他方面你就随意吧 |
[19:11] | – All right. – All right. | -没问题 -好的 |
[19:14] | If I had known, we could have | 如果我早点知道 我们就可以 |
[19:16] | withdrawn your application before any of this happened. | 在这一切发生之前撤销你的申请 |
[19:18] | This is exactly why we | 这也就是为什么 |
[19:19] | need to have clearer lines of communication. | 我们需要更明确的沟通 |
[19:21] | I know, Jared, I know. | 我明白 贾里德 我明白 |
[19:22] | Listen, I’d like to institute | 我打算建立一种 |
[19:24] | an organizational system called “Scrum.” | 叫作”敏捷开发”的管理体系 |
[19:27] | Scrum is designed to… | “敏捷开发”是用来… |
[19:29] | All right, you have one hour! Go! | 好了 给你一个小时 开始 |
[19:32] | No. | 不是 |
[19:33] | No. Just musty. | 也不是 就是霉味 |
[19:34] | Uhh, what’s going on? | 怎么回事 |
[19:36] | Gilfoyle bet me a hundred bucks | 吉尔弗约尔跟我赌一百美元 |
[19:37] | that if I touched one object in this room, | 我摸了这屋里一样东西 |
[19:39] | he could find it just by sniffing. | 他只靠闻就能找到 |
[19:40] | OK. Not now, please. | 你们过会儿再玩行吗 |
[19:42] | It has to be now. I just masturbated to heighten my focus. | 就得现在 我刚手淫过以提高注意力 |
[19:45] | I have a fifteen-minute refractory period. | 只能持续15分钟 |
[19:47] | Uhh, well, we have a lot of work to get done | 我们还好多事没干呢 |
[19:49] | – so maybe we should do that instead, please. – Dude, relax, OK? | -不如先去干活 -别紧张 哥们 |
[19:52] | We each ripped through a full module this morning. | 我们俩早上各创建了一整个模块 |
[19:54] | We’re just taking a little break. | 现在就是休息会儿 |
[19:56] | DRM is now a thing of beauty. | 数字版权加密现在堪称完美 |
[19:58] | Wait. You did DRM? | 等等 你做的数字版权加密吗 |
[20:00] | – Yeah. – I did DRM. | -是啊 -我也做的这个 |
[20:02] | Why did you do DRM? I said I would do DRM, | 你干嘛做这个 我说了版权加密我来做 |
[20:05] | you would do error handling. | 你负责错误处理 |
[20:06] | Anything to do with “error” sounds like your whole vibe. | 跟’错误’有关的一听就是你的分内事 |
[20:09] | Yeah, I handle errors like you every day. | 是 我每天都在处理你这种错误 |
[20:10] | Scrum? | 敏捷开发 |
[20:11] | – Yes, scrum. – Scrum. | -好吧 就用敏捷开发 -敏捷开发 |
[20:14] | So from “Rules based filtering” we got to “Workflow,” | ‘规则过滤’下一项是’工作流程’ |
[20:18] | at which point that card is moved from the “Icebox” | 这时任务卡就从’冷藏室’ |
[20:20] | into the “In progress” column and it stays there | 移到了’项目进行中’这栏 |
[20:24] | until it is ready for “Testing.” | 等到能够’测试’时再移走 |
[20:26] | OK. This increases visibility into our team’s progress. | 表格有助于可视化我们的工作进程 |
[20:29] | And that, gentlemen, is scrum. | 先生们 这就叫’敏捷开发’ |
[20:32] | Welcome to the next eight weeks of our lives. | 这就是我们未来八周的生活了 |
[20:34] | This just became a job. | 这现在就跟真正工作一样 |
[20:36] | OK, so here are the cards | 我把这些卡片 |
[20:39] | I’m adding under this epic for the ingestion engine. | 加在了消化容器这一章里 |
[20:42] | And there are three stories here. | 一共有三组情节 |
[20:45] | How long do we think each one will take? | 你们觉得每个情节大概要花多久时间 |
[20:47] | I don’t know. Who cares? Four hours apiece? | 不知道 谁在乎这些 大概四小时一个吧 |
[20:50] | Yeah. Maybe for you. | 是啊 那是你吧 |
[20:52] | Each of those tasks would take me three max. | 我每顶任务最多花三小时 |
[20:55] | Not “Tasks,” “Stories.” | 不是’任务’ 是’情节’ |
[20:56] | I’ve got a story, why don’t you choke on my balls? | 我想到个情节 不如你来吸我的蛋蛋吧 |
[20:59] | Well, how about this? | 不如这样 |
[21:00] | Why don’t you each take one story, right… | 你们每人拿一段情节去做 |
[21:05] | …and we’ll see who’s right? | 我们看看到底谁说得对 |
[21:07] | You see what he’s doing, right? | 你看出他的把戏了吧 |
[21:09] | He’s trying to get us to compete so we work faster. | 他想让我们互相竞争 好干得更快 |
[21:12] | He thinks this wall of Psych 101, | 他以为会点基础心理学 |
[21:15] | MBA mind-control bullshit | 耍点MBA级的心理控制 |
[21:18] | is going to motivate us? | 就能激励我们了 |
[21:19] | Fine. Don’t compete. | 好吧 那就别竞争 |
[21:20] | Do them at whatever speed you like. | 就按你们自己的步调来 |
[21:24] | Uh, Jared. | 贾里德 |
[21:26] | I know these guys. | 我了解他们 |
[21:29] | I really don’t think scrum is gonna work for them. | 我不觉得敏捷开发对他们管用 |
[21:33] | Just trust in the system. | 你得相信这个系统 |
[21:35] | So we’re just going to work at a nice, leisurely pace, right? | 所以我们就放轻松慢慢来是吧 |
[21:38] | Sure. | 当然 |
[21:42] | Wait, why are you typing faster? | 那为什么你打字还更快了 |
[21:43] | I’m not. | 我没有 |
[21:44] | Maybe my leisurely pace is just a little faster than yours. | 也可能我慢慢来也比你快 |
[21:51] | Cock-sucker. | 你个混蛋 |
[21:56] | Guys? Have you been out front yet? | 各位 你们去过房子前面吗 |
[21:59] | ‘Cause you might wanna come see this. | 你们得去看眼 |
[22:00] | – I’m good. – Fuck off, we’re working. | -不看了 -滚蛋 工作呢 |
[22:03] | Wow. This took a lot of work. | 这还真挺花心血的 |
[22:07] | I mean, I’m already smiling. | 我都已经在笑了 |
[22:08] | Did he really have to paint me giving the thumbs-up? | 他还非让我再竖个大拇指吗 |
[22:11] | It’s gratuitous. | 简直没来由的侮辱 |
[22:12] | Really? That’s the gratuitous part? | 是吗 你觉得这部分才是侮辱吗 |
[22:14] | Well, and Dinesh’s shaft… | 当然还有迪尼希的一柱擎天 |
[22:15] | Oh, no. Oh shit. | 坏事 该死 |
[22:21] | Are one of you the homeowner? | 你俩谁是房主 |
[22:23] | Yeah. I am. | 是 我是 |
[22:25] | We’ve had a number of complaints about your artwork here. | 不少人投诉过你们这个艺术品 |
[22:27] | Look, what you do inside the house is your own business… | 你们在屋里爱干什么干什么 |
[22:29] | – Oh, no. We don’t… We don’t do that. – Oh, no! | -不不 我们没有… -没有 |
[22:32] | But that is you, is it not? The individual on the right? | 那画的不就是你吗 右边那位 |
[22:36] | Yeah. | 是 |
[22:37] | You’re gonna need to paint over this. | 你得把这个涂了 |
[22:38] | Oh, I don’t think the artist would like that, he’s Latino. | 这画的作者肯定不同意 他是拉丁裔的 |
[22:42] | – Was that racist? – Why are you asking me? | -这不是种族歧视吧 -你问我干什么 |
[22:46] | Oh. I mean, I could’ve asked anybody, but your… race… | 我其实问谁都行 但你的…种族 |
[22:50] | It doesn’t matter. I have a solution. | 这无关紧要 我有办法了 |
[22:52] | We put it up. | 把门打开 |
[22:52] | We don’t put it down. Leave it up. | 不放下了 就一直开着 |
[22:54] | No, no, no. No, no, no! Close it! | 别 别别 快关上 |
[22:56] | No… | 不要 |
[22:59] | Look at this… left from the previous tenant. | 看哪 上任房客留下来的 |
[23:04] | Unbelievable. I can’t believe | 难以置信 真不敢相信 |
[23:05] | I didn’t enter the garage until this point. | 我以前怎么就没想起来进去看看呢 |
[23:08] | I mean, is that marijuanas? | 那不会是传说中的大麻吧 |
[23:09] | We’re gonna need to take those. | 我们要全部查封 |
[23:11] | Or, we leave them and wait to see | 或者我们按兵不动 |
[23:14] | if the criminal returns to the scene of the crime. | 设下埋伏等这犯罪分子自投罗网 |
[23:19] | What do you say, please? | 点个头呗 拜托了 |
[23:21] | OK. So I keep the mural, and I keep the ten G’s. | 那好 画我留着 一万刀我也留着 |
[23:24] | What do you get? | 你有什么好处 |
[23:25] | I just thought when I got a new garage door, | 我只希望等我换了新车库门之后 |
[23:27] | maybe you could come and paint a new LOGO. | 能再麻烦你来给我们画个新标志 |
[23:29] | Something just as artistic, | 艺术性要高 |
[23:31] | but maybe a little less challenging? | 但别那么惊世骇俗 |
[23:33] | Hey! Don’t look under there. Get away from there! | 别掀开看 别碰那东西 |
[23:37] | That’s not me. | 画的不是我 |
[23:41] | Um, just to be honest with you, like, | 跟你说实话吧 |
[23:43] | I really, really, really need this. | 我真的真的真的需要你帮这个忙 |
[23:47] | So… I’m trying to be vulnerable in front of you. | 我这是在你面前展示脆弱姿态 |
[23:50] | I don’t know. Is this a safe place? | 我不知道在这里这样做安不安全 |
[23:52] | Look, you can be vulnerable, es? | 你想怎么脆弱随便你 |
[23:54] | But this ain’t a safe place. | 安全你就别想了 |
[23:56] | A plumber got stabbed just last week, | 上周有个水暖工刚刚被捅了 |
[23:57] | right where you’re standing. | 就在你站的这个地方 |
[23:58] | What?! Jesus Christ! | 什么 我的天 |
[24:00] | What… Why would you stab a plumber? | 你 你为什么捅人家水暖工 |
[24:04] | All right. It was worth a try. | 好吧 反正我尽力了 |
[24:05] | Thanks anyway, Chuy. | 多谢了 楚伊 |
[24:08] | Wait. Just go ahead and leave the mural. | 等等 你把画留下就行 |
[24:12] | I like looking at it. | 很和我眼缘 |
[24:13] | And plus, I think I know | 而且 我对你们几个 |
[24:14] | what kind of LOGO you white boys might like. | 白人小子喜欢啥样的标志也有点数了 |
[24:16] | Uh, that’s amazing. Thank you, Chuy! | 那太好了 多谢 楚伊 |
[24:18] | – Uh, yeah. Appreciate it. – All right, man. | -太谢谢了 -客气 哥们 |
[24:21] | – Yes, one of those too. – All right. | -还要来这套 -好吧 |
[24:27] | – Another one down. – Did you really? | -又完成一个 -你不是吧 |
[24:31] | You still working on that last one? | 你还在忙活上一个呢 |
[24:32] | Take your time. There’s no rush, Dinesh. | 慢慢来 不用急 迪尼希 |
[24:39] | Feeling pretty happy about yourself? | 你想了这个破主意是不是挺得意 |
[24:41] | I’m pretty happy with ourself. | 我为我们大家高兴 |
[24:46] | Hello? | 有人吗 |
[24:48] | Hey, is… is Richard here? | 理查德在吗 |
[24:52] | I don’t know. | 不知道 |
[24:56] | Come to check up on your investment? | 过来审查你的投资项目来了 |
[24:59] | Listen, you were right. | 听着 你说得对 |
[25:01] | I played you a little. | 我确实蒙了你一点点 |
[25:04] | Maybe a lot. | 可能蒙得很惨 |
[25:05] | I got caught up in making the deal. | 我在找你交易时跟别人撞车了 |
[25:08] | All right? And I would like to say I was just doing my job, | 好吗 我想说我当时只是在做我的本职工作 |
[25:12] | but that’s the excuse that the Nazis used, | 但是纳粹分子也拿这个当借口 |
[25:14] | so I’m not really sure how effective that one is. | 所以我也不知道能不能说服你 |
[25:17] | Your point being? | 你想说什么 |
[25:19] | I’m sorry. | 我很抱歉 |
[25:22] | But I’m also not sorry. | 但我不会道歉的是 |
[25:24] | The reason I pushed Peter to seed you is, | 我之所以说服彼得给你投资 |
[25:26] | I think you have an unbelievably good platform. | 就是因为我认为你的平台实在是太棒了 |
[25:28] | Way better than the rest of his other compression plays, | 比其他的压缩应用要好得多 |
[25:32] | which I apologize for not telling you about. | 当然我要道歉没告诉你这一点 |
[25:35] | Look, I know eight weeks isn’t a lot of time | 我知道让你们做好发布准备 |
[25:37] | to get this ready, | 八周时间太短 |
[25:39] | but I get the feeling you’re the kind of guy that does better | 但我觉得你就是越火烧屁股 |
[25:41] | when there’s a fire lit under his ass. | 表现就越好的那种人 |
[25:45] | It’s a pretty big fire. | 你这火也太猛了点 |
[25:46] | It is. | 没错 |
[25:49] | And by the way, | 而且话说回来 |
[25:50] | you’re the only one of Peter’s companies | 彼得投了这么多家公司 |
[25:52] | that I’ve invested ten percent of my annual salary in. | 只有你的公司我投了十分之一的年薪进去 |
[25:56] | So I really hope that you can do this. | 所以我真心希望你能做好 |
[25:59] | Uh, well, you know, | 这个 |
[26:02] | I guess we’ll find out. | 到时候就知道了 |
[26:09] | I saw the LOGO out front. | 我刚才看见外面的标志了 |
[26:11] | I didn’t know it was… | 我还真不知道已经画好了 |
[26:13] | Cool. Guys, the new LOGO! | 太棒 伙计们 来看看新标志 |
[26:18] | – Can we please both go? – You go first. | -能暂时休战吗 -你休我就休 |
[26:28] | I love it. | 我喜欢 |
[26:30] | Well, it’s lowercase, | 还是用了小写字母 |
[26:32] | but at least it isn’t racist. | 但至少不种族歧视 |
[26:36] | Is it? | 不歧视吧 |
[26:37] | It’s Chuy Ramirez? I’m impressed. | 这是楚伊·拉米雷兹画的 真不错 |
[26:40] | He sold a mural today for a half-million bucks. | 听说他今天有幅作品卖了50万美元 |
[26:44] | It wasn’t on a garage door, was it? | 不会是画在车库门上的吧 |
[26:49] | You don’t think it’s too incendiary for the offices? | 你不觉得摆在办公区里有点太撩人了吗 |
[26:52] | Gavin, you got where you are by challenging sensibilities. | 盖文 你今天的成就全因为你敢于挑战感性 |
[26:56] | You know me well. | 知我者你也 |
[26:59] | It is pretty raunchy, though. | 不过格调的确忒低了点 |