时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:06] | How can Gavin Belson claim that he owns Pied Piper? | 盖文·贝尔森怎么能宣称’魔笛手’是他的呢 |
[00:10] | I mean, this whole lawsuit is insane, right? | 这整个诉讼就是胡闹 是吧 |
[00:12] | Well, let me ask you something, Richie– | 那我问问你 理奇 |
[00:14] | And I need you to be totally straight with me– | 我需要你实话实说 |
[00:18] | Was Pied Piper related in any way | ‘魔笛手’和你在’互利’工作时 |
[00:21] | to what you were doing when you were working at Hooli? | 所负责的项目有任何关系吗 |
[00:24] | No. No, not at all. | 没有 一点关系都没有 |
[00:26] | I was doing quality assurance for mobile messaging. | 我当时的任务是对手机短信业务的质量把关 |
[00:28] | It had nothing to do with compression. | 和压缩一点关系都没有 |
[00:30] | They didn’t even have a Compression Division at that time. | 他们那时甚至都没有压缩部门 |
[00:32] | And did you work on Pied Piper on Hooli time | 那你在’互利’工作时是否在工作时间 |
[00:35] | or use Hooli equipment to develop it in any way | 或使用’互利’的设备进行过 |
[00:38] | at any time, Richie? | ‘魔笛手’的开发 理奇 |
[00:40] | No, and no. | 没有 也没有 |
[00:43] | Great. And by the way, | 很好 顺便说一句 |
[00:45] | Always tell me that… and tell yourself that. | 坚持你的说法 你自己也要相信这个说法 |
[00:48] | Because if you believe it, a jury will, too. | 因为只要你自己相信 陪审团也就信了 |
[00:52] | Oh, I– I do believe it. It’s the truth. | 我的确相信 因为这是事实 |
[00:55] | Great. That one was even better than the other one. | 太好了 这一句甚至比刚才更真实可信 |
[00:57] | I love it. Always say it exactly like that. | 我喜欢 一个字都不要改 |
[01:00] | Yeah, okay. Look… | 好吧 这个 |
[01:04] | we’re going to win this, right? | 我们能赢 对吧 |
[01:06] | Richie, if what you just told me is the truth– | 理奇 如果你刚才告诉我的是真话 |
[01:08] | and don’t tell me if you lied– | 如果你说谎了也千万别告诉我 |
[01:12] | Gavin’s got nothing here. | 盖文什么证据都没有 |
[01:13] | This is a classic intimidation lawsuit | 这是典型的恐吓诉讼 |
[01:16] | designed to freeze you until after Nucleus comes to market. | 目的就是绊住你 好让’纽核力’尽早上市 |
[01:20] | It’s got all the usual boiler played nonsense, | 里面这些破词都用烂了 |
[01:23] | “breach of contract,” “unjust enrichment,” | “违约” “不当得利” |
[01:26] | “breach of non-solicitation” | 还”违约雇用”了 |
[01:28] | in the hiring of someone named Donald Dunn. | 一位名叫唐纳德·邓恩的仁兄 |
[01:31] | Jared. We call him Jared. | 贾里德 我们叫他贾里德 |
[01:33] | Changing his name to get out of it– clever but irrelevant, | 通过改名来躲官司 高明 不过无关紧要 |
[01:36] | because all we care about are the intellectual-property claims. | 因为我们关心的只有知识产权的归属问题 |
[01:39] | And we will win this… | 我们也一定会赢 |
[01:42] | – Good. – But we’re going to have to lawyer up. | -很好 -但我们得请律师武装起来 |
[01:44] | What do you mean? Aren’t you our lawyer? | 什么意思 你不就是我们的律师吗 |
[01:47] | I’m not a litigator. That’s what you need. | 我不是诉讼律师 那才是你需要的 |
[01:50] | Another lawyer? Really? | 请别的律师 真的吗 |
[01:51] | Lawyers, Richie. You don’t want to mess around here. | 是律师”们”理奇 这一点你可马虎不得 |
[01:54] | A young start-up with an ip lawsuit hanging over its head? | 你一个年轻创业者 还背着知识产权诉讼 |
[01:59] | I wouldn’t want to be a part of that team. | 我可不想和这样的人组队 |
[02:02] | Well, but you are a part of that team. | 可是你已经是我们队的一员了啊 |
[02:04] | I’m part of the team that team is on. | 我要跟的队伍是走上正规的队伍 |
[02:08] | Yeah. It’s– it just sounds really expensive. | 好吧 但听起来要花很多钱 |
[02:11] | Says the guy who just got bukkaked with fat term sheets. | 你不是刚刚被这份风投协议射了一脸的钱吗 |
[02:15] | Welcome to the business, Richie. | 做生意就是这样 理奇 |
[02:17] | Look, wherever we’re at with your funding, | 你看 不管融资到了什么份上 |
[02:19] | legal fees will be worked into the deal. | 律师费肯定会被写进合同里的 |
[02:21] | You’ve got Raviga. You’re covered. | 有’拉维加’撑你 不用愁钱 |
[02:24] | Relax. | 放心吧 |
[02:26] | “We’re out”? What do you mean, “we’re out”? | “我们撤资” 什么意思 “我们撤资” |
[02:30] | Was it not clear from the context? | 结合上下文难道意思还不明显吗 |
[02:33] | We at Raviga are out of the business of funding Pied Piper, | 我们’拉维加’不再对’魔笛手’注资 |
[02:37] | at least while the Hooli lawsuit remains unresolved. | 至少跟’互利’的官司出结果之前不行 |
[02:39] | That suit is total nonsense. | 那诉讼完全就是无理取闹 |
[02:42] | Nonsense is not a quantifiable metric, Monica. | “无理取闹”不能量化 莫妮卡 |
[02:44] | Risk is. | 风险可以 |
[02:46] | Funding any early-stage company is a high-risk proposition, | 投资任何刚起步的公司风险都很大 |
[02:49] | but compound that uncertainty with a legal cloud | 但这种不确定性和有法律争议的 |
[02:51] | over the company’s intellectual property, and it’s untenable. | 知识产权结合起来综合考虑 就不可接受了 |
[02:54] | And that is just the financial risk. There is also a legal risk. | 这仅仅是投资风险而已 还有法律风险 |
[02:57] | We could become embroiled in Gavin Belson’s lawsuit | 我们可能会被卷进与盖文·贝尔森的诉讼中 |
[03:00] | for aiding and abetting. | 罪名是协助与教唆 |
[03:01] | And there is a political risk… for the firm, | 而且对公司而言还有政治上的风险 |
[03:05] | but especially for me as its new leader. | 作为公司新掌门的我更是有风险 |
[03:07] | I’m being heavily scrutinized from both within and without. | 从公司内部到所有业界都在高度关注我 |
[03:11] | I cannot have my first decision post-Peter | 我可不想让我在后彼得时代的第一项决策 |
[03:13] | be one with such dubious fundamentals. | 有一个如此麻烦的开端 |
[03:15] | It’s a rudimentary decision. | 就是单纯的决策而已 |
[03:16] | How am I supposed to tell them this? | 我该怎么跟他们说 |
[03:18] | In my experience, it’s best to look a person in the eye | 就我个人经验而言 你最好看着对方的眼睛 |
[03:21] | and deliver the information with warmth and compassion. | 以关怀和同情的姿态告知对方 |
[03:28] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[03:29] | One other suggestion– | 还有一个建议 |
[03:31] | dress unattractively when you tell them. | 告诉他们的时候穿得丑点 |
[03:32] | I read a study. The less sexual interest they feel for you, | 我读过一个研究 他们越对你不感”性”趣 |
[03:36] | the less perturbing it will be. It sounds strange, | 这件事就会越顺利 虽然听起来怪 |
[03:39] | but it’s credible. | 但结果很可信 |
[03:40] | May I suggest the– the beige ensemble | 我建议穿米色 |
[03:45] | in which you came to work… Tuesday? | 也就是你周二穿来上班那套 |
[03:52] | Things are just really different at Raviga, | ‘拉维加’的情况发生了一些变化 |
[03:54] | and I had nothing to do with the decision. | 我完全没参与作此决定 |
[03:57] | Guys, I’m so, so sorry. | 伙计们 我非常非常抱歉 |
[04:00] | Wait, so the company that offered us the most | 等等 所以对我们出价最高的公司 |
[04:02] | until Richard talked them into offering us the least | 后来被理查德压价到最低 |
[04:04] | is now offering us nothing? | 现在一分钱都不想出了 |
[04:06] | But the fact that you’re so sorry makes it all better. | 但你的歉意让事态变得没那么糟了 |
[04:09] | You guys will be fine. You’ll find someone else. | 你们会没事的 你们一定能找到另一家 |
[04:11] | We don’t want someone else, Monica. | 我们不想找别家 莫妮卡 |
[04:13] | The whole point of going with you guys | 我们之所以选择你们 |
[04:15] | was because we trust you guys. | 就是因为我们信任你们 |
[04:17] | – Trusted. – We still have our 5% stake, | -信任过 -我们依然持有5%的股权 |
[04:19] | And Laurie said that I can still sit on the board, | 劳里说我仍然可以进入董事会 |
[04:21] | which means I can still come to meetings– | 也就是说我依然可以参与各种会议 |
[04:23] | Can I say something here? | 我能说一句吗 |
[04:25] | First off, Monica, you’re not fooling any of us for even a second | 首先 莫妮卡 你那穿得超丑 |
[04:28] | with your dress-shitty- to-ease-the-pain routine. | 好让我们好受点的手段根本骗不了我们 |
[04:30] | It’s a classic chick break-up move, | 这是典型的分手把戏 |
[04:32] | and you’re not very good at it either. You look great. | 而且这点你也不太在行 你看起来很美 |
[04:36] | Yeah, beige is a good color for you. | 是啊 你很适合米色 |
[04:38] | You’re a true Autumn. | 你是秋季肤色 |
[04:39] | Secondly, who cares? | 其次 谁在乎呢 |
[04:42] | We have a three-foot stack of term sheets | 我们收到的世界顶级的风投公司 |
[04:43] | from the top VCs on the face of the planet. | 发来的风投协议能摞到一米高 |
[04:46] | So the top one fell out. As Jay-z says, | 虽然首选没成功 就像Jay-Z说的 |
[04:49] | on to the next one. | 那就选下一个 |
[04:50] | Jared, who’s our next best offer? | 贾里德 我们的第二选择是谁 |
[04:53] | Uh, between the numbers and the reputation, | 综合考虑出价和名气的话 |
[04:55] | that would be Coleman Blair Partners. | 是科曼-布莱尔合资公司 |
[04:57] | I’m gonna go put my face on. | 我去整理一下仪容 |
[04:59] | Call Coleman Blair. | 给科曼-布莱尔打电话 |
[05:00] | Tell them that Santa Claus is coming early this year, | 告诉他们今年圣诞老人提前来了 |
[05:03] | and he’s bringing a big bag of Pied Piper. | 而且带来了一大袋的魔笛手 |
[05:08] | Well, I’m going to leave this room without saying goodbye to you. | 我准备不跟你告别就离开这里 |
[05:12] | I’m sure you can find your way out with one of your two faces. | 我觉得你一定可以凭你其中一张嘴脸走出去 |
[05:18] | Sorry about that. | 我很抱歉 |
[05:20] | The guys are just a little emotional. | 他们只是有点情绪化 |
[05:22] | No, I– I get it. | 不 我明白 |
[05:24] | And look, I probably shouldn’t say this, | 听着 我也许不该说 |
[05:26] | but there are a lot of really great VCs in town. | 但这里有很多优秀的风投公司 |
[05:30] | You’ll be fine. | 你们一定没问题的 |
[05:31] | – I just… – Just what? | -我只是 -只是什么 |
[05:35] | Just tell them that you’re really excited | 告诉他们你很激动 |
[05:37] | to be in business with them | 可以和他们合作 |
[05:38] | and try to close quickly. | 然后尽快签署协议 |
[05:40] | You know, while momentum is still on your side. | 趁着你们还掌握些主动权 |
[05:56] | Well, it’s gonna break a lot of hearts on Sand Hill Road, | 这将让沙山路上的很多人伤心 |
[05:59] | but congratulations. | 但恭喜你们 |
[06:01] | We decided to go with you. | 我们决定和你们合作 |
[06:06] | Uh, we were told that you were going with Raviga. | 据我们所知你们选择了’拉维加’ |
[06:09] | And I am happy to say that is no longer the case. | 我很高兴地通知你 时过境迁 |
[06:12] | We’re really excited to be in business with you guys. | 能与你们合作我们很激动 |
[06:14] | Can I ask– did you walk away from them, | 我能问一下 是你们放弃了他们 |
[06:17] | or did they walk away from you because of the lawsuit? | 还是他们因为诉讼放弃了你们 |
[06:21] | Ah, that lawsuit we know to be frivolous. | 我们认为那个诉讼简直是无稽之谈 |
[06:26] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[06:29] | Is that a “Yes” folder? | 这说明你们同意了吗 |
[06:32] | No. | 不 |
[06:35] | So no pastries today, huh? | 今天没有点心吃啊 |
[06:37] | So both Raviga and Coleman Blair Partners | ‘拉维加’和’科曼-布莱尔合资公司’ |
[06:40] | passed because of the lawsuit? | 都因为诉讼放弃了投资 |
[06:41] | Frivolous suit. It’s nothing. | 无聊的诉讼 小事一桩 |
[06:43] | Well, it’s not nothing. | 那可不是小事 |
[06:45] | Look, before we start negging each other… | 听着 在我们开始唱衰对方之前 |
[06:49] | – Negging? – It’s a term used in sexual manipulation. | -唱衰 -把妹时会用到这个词 |
[06:54] | Maybe not relevant here. | 大概用在这里不适合 |
[07:00] | We’re really excited to be in business with you guys. | 我们真的很期待和你们成为生意伙伴 |
[07:06] | We actually see this lawsuit as a positive. | 其实我们对这起官司很乐观 |
[07:08] | We will win, and it proves | 我们会赢 而且这起官司也证明了 |
[07:10] | that we have something worth suing over. | 我们有让别人想要起诉的资本 |
[07:12] | And yet Raviga, Coleman Blair Partners, | 但是’拉维加’ ‘科尔曼·布莱尔合资’ |
[07:16] | and Wood Opal Fund have all passed. | 和’沃德欧泊基金’都拒绝了你们 |
[07:20] | We’re really excited to be in business with you guys. | 我们真的很期待和你们成为生意伙伴 |
[07:32] | You know term sheets aren’t legally binding documents, right? | 你们清楚风投协议不具有法律效力吧 |
[07:35] | Of course not. | 是不具有法律效力 |
[07:36] | They’re just guidelines that people follow, | 这只是大家都会遵守的协定 |
[07:39] | Unless, of course, they’re pussies. | 当然 除非他们是娘炮 |
[07:43] | You came in here three days ago. | 你们三天前在这里 |
[07:45] | You were arrogant, condescending, and offensive. | 态度傲慢 居高临下 言辞激烈 |
[07:48] | Now you come in here, you call me a pussy– | 现在你们过来 说我是娘炮 |
[07:51] | I did not call you a pussy. | 我没说你是娘炮 |
[07:54] | I said that people who break term-sheet agreements are pussies, | 我说不遵守风投协议的人是娘炮 |
[07:58] | and that hasn’t happened… yet. | 而目前 还没人违约 |
[08:02] | Thus I haven’t called you a pussy… yet. | 因此 目前 我也没说你是娘炮 |
[08:06] | You’re in control of the situation. | 这个完全由你决定 |
[08:07] | Hooli has the unlimited resources to hamstring you | ‘互利’拥有无限资源可以用来打击你们 |
[08:12] | until Nucleus comes out, at which point, | 等’纽核力’推向市场时 |
[08:13] | they will be the market standard, | 他们将会成为市场标准 |
[08:15] | and you will be irrelevant. | 而你们将变得无足轻重 |
[08:17] | We’re here to invest in innovation, | 我们是来投资创新科技的 |
[08:21] | not lawyers, | 而不是用来付律师费 |
[08:22] | so let me be perfectly honest with you. | 所以让我跟你们说清楚 |
[08:25] | Your behavior | 你们的行为 |
[08:27] | was boorish and juvenile… | 粗鲁 又幼稚… |
[08:29] | You were rude, vulgar and uncouth. | 你们粗鲁 低俗 毫无教养 |
[08:32] | You were course, graceless and puerile. | 你们令人不悦 无礼 天真 |
[08:36] | Obscene, insulting and ignorant. | 猥琐 侮辱人 无知 |
[08:39] | Ignorant? | 无知 |
[08:40] | You called me a shit-riddled anal wasteland. | 你骂我是屎堆出来的土逼 |
[08:44] | You called me a chode gargling fuck-toilet. | 你骂我是鸡鸡不离口的集邮男 |
[08:51] | We’re really excited to be in business with you guys. | 我们真的很期待和你们成为生意伙伴 |
[08:55] | Uh, guys, I hate to panic you | 各位 我不愿让大家心慌 |
[08:57] | until I’m absolutely sure it’s warranted, | 但我非常确定现在很有这个必要 |
[08:59] | But Richard just texted me. We got our seventh pass. | 理查德刚发来短信 我们被第七家拒绝了 |
[09:03] | – Fuck. – Fuckin’ Gavin Belson. | -操 -盖文·贝尔森操你妈 |
[09:05] | All the VCs turned on us. | 风投基金都不看好我们 |
[09:07] | Apparently, Erlich used some | 上次埃利希似乎用了些 |
[09:08] | pretty assertive vaginal metaphors last round, | 相当侮辱人 跟阴道有关的比喻 |
[09:11] | so it’s been a bit of an uphill climb. | 所以现在情况不太妙 |
[09:13] | I think we’re going to have to crunch our burn-rate again. | 我觉得得再次降低我们的开销比率 |
[09:16] | Even with the $50,000 from TechCrunch, | 即使算上从’科技博客’赢来的五万美金 |
[09:18] | we’re not going to last very long. | 我们也撑不了多久 |
[09:19] | Wait, wait, wait. No, no, no. | 等等 停 停 |
[09:20] | Richard said we were going to split that money, right? | 理查德说过那笔钱是给我们几个分的 |
[09:23] | – $10,000 each? – I don’t think we can afford to do that anymore. | -每人一万 -我想我们承担不起了 |
[09:27] | Fuck! | 操 |
[09:31] | I just donated $5,000 to my cousin Wajeed’s Kickstarter campaign. | 我刚给表弟瓦基德的众筹网集资捐了五千刀 |
[09:35] | He’s trying to get an app called… Bro off the ground. | 他正在做一个叫做’哥们好’的应用 |
[09:39] | – Bro? – It’s a messaging app that lets you send the word “Bro” | -哥们好 -是一款消息应用 用来发送”哥们” |
[09:42] | to everyone else who has the app. | 给别的装了这款软件的人 |
[09:44] | So it’s exactly like the “Yo” app. | 简直就是那个”你好”应用的翻版 |
[09:46] | Yes, but less original. | 对 不过原创性没那么高 |
[09:48] | Why don’t you just cancel your credit card? | 你为什么不取消你的信用卡 |
[09:50] | That way Kickstarter can’t collect your pledge. | 这样众筹网就收不到你的钱 |
[09:52] | Well, I would love to, but he looks up to me. | 我是很想 但是他很尊敬我 |
[09:54] | I was always like the cool cousin of the family. | 一直以来我都是我家族孩子辈的榜样 |
[09:57] | You know what I mean? | 明白我的意思吗 |
[09:57] | – Wait. – So I can’t… | -等等 -所以我不能… |
[09:59] | Did you just say you were the cool cousin? | 你刚说你是同辈的榜样吗 |
[10:02] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[10:05] | Please explain. | 麻烦解释一下 |
[10:07] | Well, when we were kids, I was the one getting good grades, | 我们还小的时候 取得好成绩的是我 |
[10:11] | I was the one who was planning for my future. | 会为将来做规划的人是我 |
[10:13] | I would bring gifts for my teachers, ’cause they worked so hard. | 我会给老师送礼物 因为他们太辛苦了 |
[10:16] | You know, cool stuff. | 都很值得别人学习 |
[10:18] | He was always getting in trouble, | 而他总是惹麻烦 |
[10:20] | he got caught smoking opium in the tool shed, | 他被抓到在工具房抽鸦片 |
[10:23] | he crashed my uncle’s motorbike. | 他把我叔叔的摩托车撞坏了 |
[10:25] | And you think you’re the cool one? | 你觉得自己比较酷吗 |
[10:27] | Yeah, it’s different in Pakistan. | 对 巴基斯坦的酷法跟这里不一样 |
[10:29] | I’ve never been, but I know it isn’t. | 我从没去过 但我敢肯定不是这回事 |
[10:31] | Oh, here it is– “Bro to Bro | 找到了 ‘哥们儿好’ |
[10:33] | is a one-bit communication messenger, | 是一款单比特聊天软件 |
[10:35] | the fastest way to speak your mind. | 以最快的方式传递心声 |
[10:37] | As long as what’s on your mind is the word “Bro”. | 只要你心里想着的是”哥们儿” |
[10:39] | Well, he’s still shy of his goal. | 他还没完成筹款目标 |
[10:42] | If he doesn’t get there, none of the pledges get collected. | 如果他达不成目标 所有的捐赠都不必兑现 |
[10:46] | I feel horrible for what I’m about to say, | 我知道说这种话很过分 |
[10:48] | but I really hope he fails. | 但我真的很希望他失败 |
[10:52] | That is the first cool thing you’ve ever said. | 这是你说的第一句很酷的话 |
[10:56] | You know what? This may not be an issue. | 你知道吗 钱可能不会是问题 |
[10:59] | Richard and Erlich are heading into their last stop. | 理查德和埃利希正前往他们的最后一站 |
[11:01] | I trust Erlich can be diplomatic and pull it off. | 我相信埃利希能拿出外交手段搞定这事 |
[11:04] | A few days ago, I came in here, | 几天前 我来到这里 |
[11:08] | and I did some things and said some things that I should not have. | 做了一些我不该做的行为 |
[11:11] | Also we would like to be open about the fact that | 我们还想开诚布公地说 |
[11:13] | Pied Piper is involved in a complicated legal matter | ‘魔笛手’现在深陷一起复杂的法律诉讼之中 |
[11:16] | that could affect our potential value. | 这可能会影响我们的估值 |
[11:20] | And that being said, we are open | 我们要说的是 我们愿意 |
[11:22] | to renegotiating the funding terms to reflect that. | 根据这些重新修改我们的注资条款 |
[11:26] | But most of all, I want to thank you. | 但最重要的是 我想感谢你 |
[11:30] | Thank you | 感谢你 |
[11:31] | for allowing me to come in here today | 允许我今天走进这里 |
[11:34] | and be vulnerable and to apologize. | 放低姿态向你道歉 |
[11:39] | Mr. Bachman, | 巴赫曼先生 |
[11:40] | I didn’t have you come all the way back here today | 我今天叫你们过来 |
[11:42] | just to apologize to me. | 可不是为了让你向我道歉 |
[11:44] | Uh, please, it’s Erlich. And… you didn’t? | 请叫我埃利希 所以 不是为了道歉 |
[11:48] | Of course not. I– I asked you back | 当然不是 我让你们回来 |
[11:51] | because three days ago I sat right here, | 是因为三天前我就坐在这里 |
[11:55] | and I watched you put your testes on this reclaimed | 看着你把蛋蛋放在这张珍贵的 |
[11:58] | Brazilian koa wood table, | 巴西杨槐木桌子上 |
[12:02] | and now you’re going to sit there | 而现在你要坐在那里 |
[12:04] | and you’re going to watch me do the same goddamn thing to you. | 看着我对你做一遍同样的鸟事 |
[12:07] | – What? What? – My turn. | -什么 什么 -轮到我了 |
[12:09] | – No– but it’s your table! – Yes, it is my table. | -不 这是你的桌子 -对 是我的桌子 |
[12:11] | – Oh, man. – Good God! | -我去 -神啊 |
[12:12] | Please don’t do that. | 请不要这么做 |
[12:14] | I think you should cancel your Kickstarter campaign. | 我认为你应该取消你的众筹项目 |
[12:16] | – Whoa, what? – Listen, I love your idea. | -什么 -听着 我喜欢你的想法 |
[12:19] | – You know I do, right, Bro? – Yeah. Bro? | -你知道我喜欢’哥们好’对吧 -哥们儿好 |
[12:21] | Bro? Like, it lets you send the word “Bro” | 哥们儿好 能把哥们儿这个词 |
[12:23] | to anyone else that has the app. | 发给所有用这个软件的人 |
[12:24] | I know what it is. You’ve explained it to me so many times. | 我知道 你已经跟我解释过无数遍了 |
[12:27] | I love it, but you know, I’m not saying– | 我喜欢它 可是你要知道 不是我说的 |
[12:29] | other people are, like, saying horrible stuff. | 是其他人说了很不好听的话 |
[12:32] | You know, I’m supporting you, and they’re saying, like, | 我支持你 而那些人说什么 |
[12:35] | “Oh, he couldn’t get funding, so he had to go to Kickstarter | 他拿不到投资 所以只能去众筹平台 |
[12:38] | like some charity case collecting money from strangers, | 像募捐一样找陌生人要钱 |
[12:41] | like a street beggar who sits on the ground, eats trash.” | 就跟街边坐在地上吃垃圾的乞丐一样 |
[12:45] | Really? | 真的吗 |
[12:46] | Yeah. | 对 |
[12:49] | Look, just between us, | 我告诉你个秘密 |
[12:50] | I was thinking about canceling, anyways, | 我本来就想要取消筹款了 |
[12:52] | because we’re way, way under our goal. | 因为我们离目标实在太远 |
[12:55] | Really? Really? | 真的吗 真的吗 |
[12:58] | Like, embarrassingly low. | 低得有点丢人 |
[13:03] | You know what? | 你知道吗 |
[13:04] | – That sucks. – It does really suck. | -这真是很惨 -确实很惨 |
[13:07] | But I think it’s the right thing to do. | 但我觉得就该这么做 |
[13:09] | Well, you’re right, we’re… | 你说得对 |
[13:09] | ‘Cause you don’t want bad word of mouth | 因为你不想听别人的坏话 |
[13:11] | to kill such a great idea. | 抹杀这么好的主意 |
[13:14] | Yeah, like with what happened to your app. Yeah. | 对啊 就像你的软件那样 |
[13:18] | What do you mean, what happened to my app? | 你什么意思 我的软件怎么了 |
[13:20] | Everybody started talking about how bad it was | 所有人都在说它很差 |
[13:22] | and you ended up giving up. | 所以最终你放弃了 |
[13:23] | I didn’t give up. I left to go work on Pied Piper. | 我没放弃 我辞职去”魔笛手”了 |
[13:26] | So you’re saying, then, that if Pied Piper didn’t happen, | 你的意思是 如果没有”魔笛手” |
[13:29] | you would still be working on your app? | 你还是会继续搞你的软件吗 |
[13:30] | Even though all those people just shit, like, all over– | 即使那些人全都对它嗤之以鼻 |
[13:33] | like all of them. | 几乎所有人 |
[14:01] | You know what? You’re right, you’re right. | 知道吗 你说的没错 |
[14:02] | That’s what makes you so cool, | 所以你很酷 |
[14:03] | that you have the fucking backbone to say that. | 你有骨气说出这种话 |
[14:05] | Fuck those people. Yeah, | 去他们妈的 |
[14:07] | Fuck ’em all. | 让他们滚一边去 |
[14:07] | – Fuck those people. – Fuck them. | -去他们的 -去他们的 |
[14:08] | I’m not going to cancel my kickstarter campaign. Fuck ’em. | 我不会取消众筹竞选的 去他们的 |
[14:11] | Wait, hold on one second. | 等等 先等一下 |
[14:13] | Yeah, no, you know what? You’re right. Fuck them. | 知道吗 你说的没错 去他们的 |
[14:15] | I’m not going to cancel it, and I’m going to throw | 我不会取消 我要办一场 |
[14:18] | a huge kickstarter party. | 盛大的众筹聚会 |
[14:20] | I’m gonna invite everyone that I know, | 把我认识的人都请来 |
[14:21] | and we’re going to put Bro over the top. | 让哥们儿火起来 |
[14:24] | Everybody, this guy is the coolest cousin! | 各位 他真是最酷的表兄 |
[14:27] | Thank you for the $5,000, eh? | 多谢你的五千块 |
[14:33] | At least I have the common decency to shave mine. | 至少我还知道剃了毛 |
[14:36] | Before you pull them out in public? | 在你当众亮出来之前吗 |
[14:37] | So you’re complaining about the guy’s sense of decorum? | 所以你是在抱怨那人不够得体 |
[14:40] | Absolutely. We live in a society. | 没错 这是个社会 |
[14:42] | I can’t believe we are this fucked. | 难以置信我们被搞得这么惨 |
[14:44] | Guys, something interesting just happened. | 各位 刚刚发生了一件有趣的事 |
[14:47] | So I downloaded Wajeed’s bro app out of curiosity | 我出于好奇下载了瓦基德的哥们儿软件 |
[14:49] | And found it very sticky. | 发现很有意思 |
[14:51] | I’ve never felt like I was anyone’s bro before. | 我之前从没觉得自己是谁的哥们儿 |
[14:53] | The only people who have used that term with me were assailants, | 唯一一群叫过我哥们儿的人是要打我的小混混 |
[14:56] | but, um, I started bro’ing people and getting bro’ed back. | 但我开始哥们儿别人 成为别人的哥们儿了 |
[15:00] | This is my nightmare. | 真是我的噩梦 |
[15:01] | And all of a sudden, I’m bros with all kinds of people, | 突然之间 我有了各种各样的哥们 |
[15:04] | including a guy from ‘Branscomb Ventures.’ | 包括一个布兰斯科姆投资公司的人 |
[15:06] | Branscomb? That’s a solid shop. | 布兰斯科姆 那可是家大公司 |
[15:09] | Yes. So we bro’ed about this and that, | 没错 我们哥们儿来哥们儿去 |
[15:12] | and then when he heard I worked at Pied Piper, | 然后他听说我在”魔笛手”工作 |
[15:14] | he got excited, he triple-liked my “Bro,” | 变得很兴奋 赞了三次我发的”哥们儿” |
[15:17] | and asked about meeting us. | 还想见我们 |
[15:18] | Okay, but does he know about the lawsuit? | 他知道诉讼的事吗 |
[15:21] | Yeah, I told him. I mean, you know what they say, | 我告诉他了 你们也知道他们怎么说 |
[15:23] | – “Bros disclose.” – No one says that. | -“哥们无秘密” -没人那么说 |
[15:26] | Wait, doesn’t Branscomb already have its own compression play? | 等等 布兰斯科姆不是已经有压缩项目了吗 |
[15:28] | Yeah, but not a good one, apparently. | 是啊 但显然那项目不怎么样 |
[15:30] | I mean, they want to sit down with all of us, engineers included. | 他们想跟我们所有人见面 包括工程师 |
[15:33] | That only happens in a second or third meeting. | 只有第二或第三次见面时才会这么做 |
[15:36] | Technical due diligence. That’s good. | 技术背景调查 这是好事 |
[15:38] | Okay, Jared, what– what did you tell him? | 好吧 贾里德 你怎么回复的 |
[15:41] | Um, I was waiting a bit to “Bro” him back, | 我想等一会再回复他 |
[15:43] | so that I don’t seem over-eager. | 好让我显得不那么迫切 |
[15:45] | Bro him back! Bro him back. | 哥们儿会去 快哥们儿回去 |
[15:47] | Bro him. | 哥们儿他 |
[15:48] | We’re not dead yet, guys. | 我们还没完 各位 |
[15:50] | Well, get some sleep, my bros. | 去睡觉吧 我的哥们儿们 |
[15:52] | I’ll set the meeting, and, um, | 我会安排会面 |
[15:55] | then I’ll go find some hoes to prioritize behind you. | 然后再在你们之后给自己找个女人玩 |
[16:00] | Are you trying to say “Bros before hoes”? | 你是想说”重友轻色”吗 |
[16:02] | It’s sexist, but it’s about friendship. | 虽然性别歧视 但重点是友情 |
[16:06] | Middle-out is based on a completely new probabilistic model. | 发散法是基于一种全新的概率模型 |
[16:09] | It finds long-range structure that’s hidden | 即使是在域优化的算法中 |
[16:11] | even to domain-optimized algorithms. | 它也能找出隐藏的远程结构 |
[16:15] | I’m sorry, is– is this too in the weeds? | 抱歉 是不是有点太深奥了 |
[16:17] | Not at all. Take us into the weeds. | 完全没有 讲的越深越好 |
[16:19] | Wouldn’t you rather hear our go-to-market strategy? | 不如你们听听我们的营销战略吧 |
[16:22] | You mentioned something earlier about | 你之前提到过 |
[16:24] | stacking middle-out on top of another compression algorithm. | 以另一种压缩算法为基础 从中间设计堆栈 |
[16:27] | How does that even work? | 那该怎么做 |
[16:29] | I mean, you can’t compress | 你没法对一个已经 |
[16:30] | something that’s already compressed to entropy. | 压缩到最小熵的东西再进行压缩 |
[16:32] | Right? | 对吧 |
[16:33] | Uh, I don’t really get too | 这种展示会上 |
[16:35] | many of those questions in meetings like these. | 还真没几个人会向我提问 |
[16:37] | But, uh, it’s actually easier if I– if I show you. | 不过 如果我现场展示的话可能更容易理解 |
[16:41] | – May I? – Absolutely. | -行吗 -没问题 |
[16:43] | Okay, great. Here– here I go. | 行 好的 那就来吧 |
[16:45] | Stacking middle-out is actually very real. | 从中间堆栈其实是可行的 |
[16:48] | – Let’s take– – Do you have to pee, Jared? | -咱们… -你要尿尿吗 贾里德 |
[16:51] | – Because I have to pee. – So, when you unpack… | -因为 我想尿尿 -所以当我们简化… |
[16:54] | I would love to pee. | 我很想去尿尿 |
[16:55] | down to the symbolic level. | 到符号层面时 |
[16:58] | There. When you stack middle-out… | 这样 当我们从中间入栈时 |
[17:03] | – They’re brain-raping us, right? – They definitely are. | -他们这是在窃取咱们的点子吧 -绝对是 |
[17:06] | Shit. All right, wait here. | 该死 你在这等着 |
[17:15] | What are you doing? | 你要干什么什么 |
[17:17] | I told you I didn’t have to go pee. What is happening? | 我不是说了我不想尿尿吗 怎么了 |
[17:19] | Those guys are never going to fund us. We need to leave now. | 那些家伙绝对不会投资我们 咱们得马上走 |
[17:21] | What are you talking about? This is going great. | 你在说什么 现在形势一片大好 |
[17:23] | I mean, VCs are never | 那些风投人绝对 |
[17:24] | interested in how middle-out actually works. | 不会对中间堆栈的原理感兴趣 |
[17:26] | Of course they’re interested, because they want to steal it. | 他们当然感兴趣 因为他们想窃取这个想法 |
[17:28] | This is a classic brain-rape. | 这是典型的窃取 |
[17:30] | – What? – We did it at Hooli all the time. | -什么 -我们在互利经常这么干 |
[17:32] | We’d schedule meetings with companies, | 我们会安排和其他公司开研讨会 |
[17:33] | so they’d explain their technology, | 让他们来解释自己的技术 |
[17:35] | then we’d use their ideas in our products. | 然后我们把他们的点子用在我们的产品上 |
[17:37] | – Like what happened to Yelp. – Yes. | -就像Yelp那样 -没错 |
[17:39] | It’s like when somebody says they want to go birding with you, | 这就好像有人和你说想跟你去观鸟 |
[17:41] | but really they just want to get you alone in the woods, | 但其实只想把你一个人带到树林里 |
[17:43] | so they can take your binoculars. | 这样他们就能把你的望远镜抢走 |
[17:45] | Look, those guys aren’t doing technical due diligence. | 这些人不是在做什么技术背景调查 |
[17:47] | They’re not even consultants. They’re a compression company. | 他们甚至不是顾问 他们是压缩算法公司的 |
[17:50] | One of them has braces, for fuck’s sake. | 上帝啊 其中一个还戴着牙套呢 |
[17:52] | – Braces! – Shit. | -牙套啊 -妈的 |
[17:54] | Dinesh and Gilfoyle are still in there. | 迪尼希和吉尔弗约尔还在里面 |
[17:56] | Middle-out doesn’t restrict itself to | 中间堆栈不会受到 |
[17:57] | H.264’s two-dimensional grid | H.264的二维网格或者是 |
[17:59] | or time-bound patterns at all. | 时限模式的限制 |
[18:01] | This is great. Great. | 太棒了 太厉害了 |
[18:03] | You know, they usually don’t | 他们一般不让我们 |
[18:04] | bring us to these things, and I think I know why. | 展示这种东西 我知道为什么 |
[18:07] | It’s ’cause we steal the show. | 因为全场都会为我们倾倒 |
[18:09] | You guys are really helpful. | 你们真是帮了大忙 |
[18:10] | All right, shut it down. Meeting over. We’re out of here. | 散场了 会议结束 咱们走 |
[18:13] | No more pictures, assholes. | 不准再拍照了 混蛋 |
[18:15] | – I could email you… – Why is this not coming off? | -我可以给你发… -这个为什么不动 |
[18:17] | No, you’re not emailing anybody. | 不 你谁都不准发 |
[18:22] | Damn it, Jared. | 该死 贾里德 |
[18:24] | We were bros. We were bros. | 我还把你当兄弟 之前还把你当兄弟 |
[18:28] | Yo, yo, yo, just want to thank everyone | 我只想谢谢大家 |
[18:31] | for coming out to this Kickstarter party for bro, | 来参加这场为哥们举办的众筹派对 |
[18:32] | 投资者 424 已筹得 45115 目标 50000 还剩1小时 | |
[18:33] | The app that proves that you can change the world | 这个应用让你只言片语即可 |
[18:36] | in just one word! | 改变世界 |
[18:39] | Actually, it’s just half a word. | 其实 只能传个片语 |
[18:42] | I know. It’s so efficient. | 我知道 太有效了 |
[18:44] | As you can see, we’re just $5,000 away from our goal. | 如你们所见 我们离目标只差5000元了 |
[18:47] | But we got a whole hour left, people. | 但咱们还剩整整一小时 |
[18:49] | So let’s get those “Bronations” Going. | 还不快点发挥哥们之爱的威力 |
[18:51] | Donations are funny, right? | 捐赠可真是件有趣的事 |
[18:53] | I mean, why would anybody donate to something like Bro | 人们为什么宁愿把钱给哥们儿通 |
[18:55] | and not a homeless shelter or schools? | 而不捐给庇护所或者希望工程呢 |
[18:59] | Cancer? That’s still out there. | 还有癌症 还没有治愈方法呢 |
[19:01] | Any of us could have it. | 谁都有可能得 |
[19:03] | Food for thought… | 只是给你们点念想 |
[19:05] | which a lot of people also don’t have. | 很多人也缺这个 |
[19:08] | Have a great party, guys. | 享受派对吧 伙计们 |
[19:09] | You could donate if you want, | 你们想捐就捐 |
[19:11] | but he’s throwing away half the world’s market. | 但他这软件在地球另一边根本卖不出去 |
[19:14] | You know what “Bro” means in mandarin? | 你知道普通话里”哥们儿”是什么意思吗 |
[19:16] | It means “Asshole.” | 是指”菊花” |
[19:18] | You know what “Bro” means in Portuguese? | 你知道葡萄牙语里”哥们儿”指什么吗 |
[19:20] | “Rapist.” | “强奸犯” |
[19:22] | In Latvian, it roughly translates to | 按照拉脱维亚语 翻译过来大意是 |
[19:24] | “One who beheads the Messiah.” | “斩首弥赛亚的人” |
[19:27] | In Finnish, “Bro” means “A baby’s erection.” | 芬兰语里 “哥们儿”指”婴儿勃起” |
[19:31] | In Urdu, “Bro” is actually short for… | 乌尔都语里 “哥们儿”是 |
[19:35] | which means “A dildo for a man.” | “男人用的假老二”的简称 |
[19:38] | A man’s dildo. | 男用假老二 |
[19:40] | “Fecal eclipse.” | 指”大便晦暗” |
[19:42] | It loses something in translation. | 翻译不出精髓 |
[19:43] | We don’t have a word for it. They do. | 英语里没有相应的单词 但他们语言里有 |
[19:46] | It’s “Bro.” | 就是”哥们儿” |
[19:47] | You know what “Bro” means in Navajo? | 你知道纳瓦荷语里”哥们儿”是什么意思吗 |
[19:49] | A really joyful person with mental disabilities. | 一个天天傻乐的呆子 |
[19:52] | All right, less than a minute to go, people. | 好了 还有不到一分钟 伙计们 |
[19:54] | And we’re just two grand away. | 只差两千美元 |
[19:56] | Come on, you can do it, come on. | 来吧 伙计们 敞开你们的钱包 |
[19:59] | That’s that I’m talking about! | 我就是这个意思 |
[20:01] | $500 from “Gilfoyle-underscore-luci4.” | “吉尔弗约尔_路西弗”捐出500美元 |
[20:05] | Where you at, bro? | 你在哪 哥们儿 |
[20:06] | Wherever you’re at, you’re my bro. | 不论是哪位 都是我的好哥们儿 |
[20:12] | Looks like I got here just in time, bro. | 看来我来得正是时候 哥们儿 |
[20:13] | What the fuck did you do that for? | 你他妈为什么那么做 |
[20:15] | Do you know how this works? | 你知道现在是什么状况吗 |
[20:16] | If you put him over the edge, we both owe him money? | 如果你让他凑够资金 我们两个就都欠他钱 |
[20:18] | But you have to pay a lot more. | 但你欠的比我多 |
[20:20] | 30 seconds left! | 还剩30秒 |
[20:21] | I’m effectively leveraging your misery. | 我用很小的代价就能增加你的痛苦 |
[20:23] | Somebody! Anybody! | 有人吗 任何人 |
[20:24] | I’m like the Warren Buffett of fucking with you. | 可以将我比作整你界的沃伦·巴菲特 |
[20:26] | – $1100! Come on, bros. – You’re a dick. | -还差1100美元 来吧 伙计们 -你个混蛋 |
[20:29] | Only $1100 left. I might be good for that. | 还差1100美元 我应该能凑得出来 |
[20:32] | – Gilfoyle, please. – I’ll tell you what. | -吉尔弗约尔 拜托 -这么着吧 |
[20:35] | You pay me $500, and I won’t pledge anymore. | 你付我五百美元 我就不加钱 |
[20:39] | For 500 bucks, you save $5,000. | 你出500刀 就能少付5000刀 |
[20:41] | I’m not giving you a dime. | 我一个子都不会给你 |
[20:43] | – Nine, eight, seven… – Okay, I’m pledging. | -九 八 七 -好吧 我要加钱 |
[20:44] | No. Stop. 500. It costs 500. | 不行 别动 给我500 |
[20:46] | – Let me– – Stop it. 500. | -让我 -住手 给我500 |
[20:48] | – Okay. – Three, two… | -好 我给 -三 二 |
[20:49] | It doesn’t matter. It’s not like he’s going to make his– | 无所谓的 反正他也凑不够 |
[20:54] | What the fuck? | 什么鬼 |
[20:55] | Yes, yes, yes! We did it! Who was it? | 太好了 我们成功了 是谁出的钱 |
[20:57] | That’s not how that was supposed to go. | 事情本不该这样发展的 |
[21:00] | Mika! Mika, I love you, you Mika! | 美嘉 美嘉 我爱你 我的好美嘉 |
[21:03] | Who is that… tall Asian woman? | 那位个子挺高的亚洲女是谁 |
[21:07] | Some woman that Wajeed is fucking. | 正跟瓦基德有一腿的女人 |
[21:10] | She was in the Olympics. | 她参加过奥运会 |
[21:14] | He really is the cool cousin. | 看来他真是牛逼表哥 |
[21:17] | Even with the 50 grand we got at TechCrunch, | 算上我们从’科技博客’创业展会赢来的五万 |
[21:19] | we’ve only got a few weeks | 我们也就只能撑几周 |
[21:20] | left of runway before we crash and burn. | 然后就一败涂地了 |
[21:22] | Richard, if it makes you feel any better, | 理查德 如果这能让你好受点 |
[21:24] | I put that Branscomb guy in his place. | 我让布兰斯科姆那家伙也尝了下被耍的滋味 |
[21:26] | I dropped him from Bro, | 我把他从”哥们好”里拉黑了 |
[21:27] | but not before I sent one final angry “Bro.” | 但拉黑之前发了个愤怒的”哥们” |
[21:31] | What do you mean? You can make them angry? | 你什么意思 你把他们惹火了 |
[21:33] | You can make “Bros” angry? | 你能通过发”哥们儿”表达出愤怒吗 |
[21:34] | Well, he made this bro angry. | 是他先把我惹毛了 |
[21:36] | But technically, no, the “Bro” I sent was identical | 但严格来说 我发的那个”哥们儿” |
[21:40] | to the previous “Bros” I sent, | 跟我之前发的很多”哥们儿”都一样 |
[21:41] | but I think he’ll infer the anger from context. | 但他应该能从当时的情形感受到我的愤怒 |
[21:44] | This is Ron on the phone. I gotta take it. | 是罗恩打来的 我得接下 |
[21:45] | Yeah, okay. | 好的 |
[21:47] | – Hello, ron. – Hey, Richie. | -罗恩 -理奇 |
[21:49] | I gotta bounce on over to my mind-body thing, | 我马上得去参加身心疗程了 |
[21:51] | but I just wanted to give you the good news. | 但之前想先告诉你这个好消息 |
[21:53] | I got you a top-shelf litigator. | 我给你找到了一个顶尖的诉讼律师 |
[21:57] | Yeah, uh, we should probably discuss that. | 对 这个我们得谈谈 |
[21:59] | You’re gonna sweat me about the cost, right? Don’t. | 你怕他们要价太高吗 别怕 |
[22:02] | I hammered them on their fee. They’re going to bring it way down. | 我替你狠狠砍了价 他们的价钱便宜了不少 |
[22:05] | Okay, so how much? | 好吧 那要多少 |
[22:07] | This whole thing is going to cost you | 整个诉讼程序就收你 |
[22:09] | 2, 2.5 million tops. | 200万 最多250万 |
[22:13] | – What? – I know, right. It’s like it’s free. | -什么 -我知道 就像白送似的 |
[22:16] | I told you, I pay for myself. | 告诉过你的 我价有所值 |
[22:18] | So I’m going to need you | 我需要你 |
[22:19] | to head on down to their offices tomorrow at 10:00 am. | 明天早上十点去他们办公室 |
[22:23] | You slap an 80k retainer on them, | 甩给他们八万美元定金 |
[22:25] | and we are good to go. | 就万事俱备了 |
[22:27] | Oh, shit. | 该死 |
[22:28] | I– okay, I actually have another call, so… | 我得接个电话 所以 |
[22:32] | I’ll get out of your pubes. | 我就不占用你的嘴了 |
[22:34] | I’m emailing you intros to the guys you’re meeting tomorrow. | 我会把你的简介发给你明天要见的那帮人 |
[22:37] | Later. | 回聊 |
[22:40] | Hello? | 喂 |
[22:43] | Oh, uh, hello. | 你好 |
[22:46] | Yes, uh-huh. | 对 |
[22:51] | Sure, just me? | 当然 就我一个人吗 |
[22:55] | Okay, what time? | 好 几点 |
[23:03] | Hello. | 你好 |
[23:04] | Richard. Thanks for coming. | 理查德 多谢你赴约 |
[23:11] | What are we doing, Richard? | 我们这是在干什么 理查德 |
[23:13] | Lawsuits and lawyers? | 又是诉讼又是请律师的 |
[23:14] | You out there getting rejected by every VC in town? | 你又被城里所有的风投基金扫地出门了 |
[23:18] | Neither of us want this, | 你我都不想看到这个局面 |
[23:20] | but maybe together we can find a way out. | 但也许我们能一起找到解决方案 |
[23:23] | Yeah, easy– drop the lawsuit. | 是啊 很简单 撤诉就行 |
[23:25] | You know I can’t do that. | 你知道我不可能那么做 |
[23:26] | I didn’t steal Pied Piper from you, | ‘魔笛手’并不是从你那偷的 |
[23:28] | and you know it. | 你心里清楚 |
[23:30] | Well, that’s up to the courts to decide. | 那就看法庭最终怎么判了 |
[23:32] | And until they do, you’re frozen. | 在判决之前 你只能停滞不前 |
[23:34] | Meanwhile, my best engineers are working around the clock | 同时我最好的程序员会加班加点工作 |
[23:36] | to get me a middle-out algorithm that surpasses yours. | 开发出一个远超你的发散算法 |
[23:39] | And in January when we have it and we come to market, | 到了一月我们开发成功后 就推向市场 |
[23:41] | you won’t just be frozen, you’ll be dead. | 到时你就不是停滞不前了 是彻底玩完 |
[23:43] | You played your best hand, Richard, and you lost. | 你已经出了你的王牌 理查德 你输了 |
[23:46] | It’s just business. So… | 这只是生意 所以 |
[23:48] | wouldn’t you rather get something | 不如你趁现在还有机会 |
[23:50] | out of Pied Piper while you still can? | 靠着’魔笛手’捞上一笔 |
[23:53] | Let me acquire you. | 让我来收购你 |
[23:54] | What? No way. Are you kidding me? | 什么 没门 你说笑吧 |
[23:56] | We should have just done this the first time. | 我们一开始就该这么做 |
[23:58] | I know you thought about it. It’s the perfect fit. | 我知道你考虑过 简直再合适不过 |
[24:01] | You get my infrastructure, I get your speed, | 你得到我的设施资源 我得到你的压缩速度 |
[24:03] | and I get it today rather than in a month or two. | 而且我现在就能拿到 而不是再等一两个月 |
[24:06] | What’s the downside? | 怎么会有损失 |
[24:07] | The downside is that everything I’m building | 损失就是我辛苦打造的一切 |
[24:09] | becomes the property of your giant, soulless corporation. | 会归你那个庞大无情的企业所有 |
[24:12] | And what exactly do you think you’re building? | 那你觉得你到底打造了什么 |
[24:14] | You’re out there trying to get funding so you can hire people, | 你在那到处求投资为了雇人 |
[24:17] | scale up, roll out a product, IPO, | 扩大规模 推出产品 然后首次公开募股 |
[24:20] | and eventually become a publicly-traded what? | 并最终成为一家上市的什么 |
[24:24] | Corporation. | 企业 |
[24:25] | We would be different. | 我们的公司不一样 |
[24:26] | I see. I suppose once | 明白了 我猜当’魔笛手’ |
[24:27] | Pied Piper is a billion-dollar company, | 成为一家资产上亿的公司时 |
[24:30] | you’ll seek out your competitors and help them. | 你会主动对你的竞争者施以援手 |
[24:33] | Please. Let’s face it. | 得了吧 让我们面对现实 |
[24:35] | What is Hooli if not the | ‘互利’不就是 |
[24:36] | best possible future version of Pied Piper? | ‘魔笛手’所能达到的最高目标吗 |
[24:39] | You think you’re building something different? No. | 你以为你打造的公司能有所不同吗 你错了 |
[24:41] | You’re building something | 你现在打造的一切 |
[24:42] | that’s exactly the same as what I’ve already built, | 跟我已经打造过的一模一样 |
[24:44] | except with you instead of me, | 除了领头人是你不是我 |
[24:46] | but that’s not possible now, Richard. | 但这已经没有未来了 理查德 |
[24:48] | But you know what is? | 你知道未来在哪里吗 |
[24:49] | We could build something together, you and me. | 我们可以一起创造未来 你我携手 |
[24:52] | Something great. Something the world needs now. | 一个伟大的 这个世界所需要的未来 |
[24:55] | Look, I don’t have to do this. | 听着 我并没必要这么做 |
[24:57] | I’m just trying to do the right thing here. | 我只是想做我应做的 |
[25:05] | So what do you say? | 你怎么说 |
[25:11] | You want to know what I say? | 你想知道我怎么说 |
[25:16] | OK. Here’s what I say… | 我的答案就是 |