时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:08] | Hey, could we get one more round, ease? | 能再给我们上一轮酒吗 |
[00:11] | It’s on a tab– Bighetti. | 算达头蒂的 |
[00:13] | – Sure. Coming up. – Cool. Thanks. | -没问题 马上来 -谢谢 |
[00:14] | Well, well, look who’s the big shot. | 看看哪位大人物来了 |
[00:18] | Yeah, big shot. | 大酒桶[shot也有一杯酒的意思] |
[00:19] | How are you guys? | 你们最近怎么样 |
[00:21] | everything good over at nucleus? | ‘纽核力’一切顺利吗 |
[00:22] | Nucleus is dog shit. How do you do it, man? | ‘纽核力’就是扯淡 你是怎么做到的 |
[00:26] | You used to be the most useless guy | 你曾经是整个’纽核力’组里 |
[00:28] | in the entire nucleus team, | 最没用的一个 |
[00:30] | but now you run an entire division. | 但现在你一个人负责一整个部门 |
[00:32] | Did you ever ask yourself why? | 你扪心自问过这是为什么吗 |
[00:34] | No. No, I never have. | 没有 我从来没想过 |
[00:37] | Do you have any skill at all | 你到底有什么技能 |
[00:39] | other than magically failing your way to the top? | 除了总能戏剧化地搞砸之外 |
[00:42] | I have a boat. | 我有艘船 |
[00:44] | I guess that’s not really a skill. | 不过这大概不能算是一项技能 |
[00:46] | Fucking Big Head, man. | 去他妈的大头 |
[00:47] | Fucking Big Head. | 去他妈的大头 |
[00:52] | Take care. | 保重 |
[00:55] | Hey, you forgot your phone. | 你忘拿手机了 |
[00:57] | At least I think this is your– | 至少我觉得这是你的 |
[01:01] | Holy shit. | 卧槽 |
[01:06] | Holy shit. | 卧槽 |
[01:07] | Right? | 是吧 |
[01:09] | This is nucleus? | 这就是’纽核力’ |
[01:11] | Yep. | 没错 |
[01:12] | That is a beta of their entire mobile platform, | 这是他们整个移动平台的测试版本 |
[01:16] | And it sucks. | 烂透了 |
[01:17] | Yeah. I mean, the ux is, like, Soviet-era. | 这用户体验简直就是苏联时代的 |
[01:21] | When it stores photos, they actually get larger. | 实际上它保存的图片甚至会变大 |
[01:24] | They never cracked middle-out. | 他们根本没搞明白发散法 |
[01:25] | I actually kind of wish you didn’t show me this, | 其实我有点希望你没给我看这个 |
[01:27] | because now I know we totally would have beaten them. | 因为现在我知道我们肯定能打败他们 |
[01:31] | As it is now, I mean, we can’t get funded. | 但如今 我们没有拿到投资 |
[01:33] | all of our new coders quit. | 所有新程序员都退出了 |
[01:35] | I mean, can you even imagine what would happen | 你可以想象一下 |
[01:37] | if, like, a tech blog got their hands on that piece of shit? | 如果一个技术博客拿到了这破玩意儿会怎么样 |
[01:40] | They’d tear it apart. | 他们会把它完全公布出去 |
[01:41] | I mean, it could actually totally destroy nucleus’ release. | 这可以彻底毁掉’纽核力’的发布 |
[01:44] | I bet Gavin would do, shit, anything | 我敢打赌盖文会倾尽全力 |
[01:48] | to prevent that from happening, right? | 防止这种事情发生 对吗 |
[01:49] | Yeah, totally. | 当然 |
[01:51] | Jesus, Richard, am I actually ahead of you on this? | 理查德 你竟然还没想到我要说什么吗 |
[01:55] | Take the phone, man. | 拿着手机吧 老兄 |
[01:58] | It’s yours. Take it. | 是你的了 拿着吧 |
[01:59] | Are– are you serious? | 你是认真的吗 |
[02:00] | Yeah, dude. Come on, I owe you. | 当然 老兄 我欠你的 |
[02:04] | I mean, I was about to quit hooli and move home. | 我本来都要离开’互利’打道回府了 |
[02:09] | And then Gavin promoted me just to spite you. | 然后盖文提拔了我 就为了报复你 |
[02:11] | And now he keeps promoting me | 现在他不停提拔我 |
[02:13] | for some inexplicable reason. | 也不知道因为什么 |
[02:15] | I mean, I haven’t done anything, Richard– | 我一无是处 理查德 |
[02:17] | I mean, less than nothing. | 甚至还更糟 |
[02:18] | Well, yeah. | 也没错 |
[02:20] | But look at me now. | 但看看现在的我 |
[02:23] | We’re sitting on my boat, Richard, | 我们正坐在我的船上 理查德 |
[02:26] | And that’s because of you. | 全都是因为你 |
[02:28] | Soon we can sail it to fucking Hawaii | 很快我们能开着它去夏威夷 |
[02:31] | or Sausalito. | 或者索萨利托[加州城市] |
[02:33] | Three more classes, and I get my boat license. | 再上三节课 我就能拿到驾船执照 |
[02:35] | Oh, really? How many classes does it take? | 真的吗 总共要上几节课 |
[02:37] | Three. It’s three classes. | 三节 总共三节 |
[02:39] | I heard you can pay somebody to take the test for you, | 听说可以花钱请人代考 |
[02:41] | but I just haven’t got around to it yet. | 但我还没抽出时间来搞定这件事 |
[02:55] | Enough with your coy bullshit, Richard, okay? | 别再惺惺作态了行吗 理查德 |
[02:57] | I know you have my goddamn phone. | 我知道你他妈有我的测试机 |
[02:59] | What the fuck do I have to do to get it back? | 我他妈到底怎样才能拿回来 |
[03:01] | Well, I was thinking | 我在考虑 |
[03:03] | that in exchange for my help, you– | 用你的帮助来交换 你 |
[03:06] | I’m sorry, hold on. | 抱歉 等一下 |
[03:08] | You can’t use the term “in exchange.” | 你不能用”交换”这个词 |
[03:10] | It implies causality. That’s basically extortion. | 这意味着有因果关系 基本等同于勒索 |
[03:13] | Any actions he takes must be un-coerced | 他的所作所为必须不是被强迫的 |
[03:16] | and of his own volition. | 必须出于自愿 |
[03:17] | Go. | 继续 |
[03:19] | Hello. It’s me again. | 喂 又是我 |
[03:21] | I was thinking that if you found your phone, | 我在想 如果你找到了你的手机 |
[03:25] | you might be so happy | 你也许就会心情大好 |
[03:27] | that you would be inclined to drop the lawsuit. | 就会因此愿意对我们撤诉 |
[03:30] | Why would I do that? | 我为什么要这么做 |
[03:31] | Because if you found your phone, | 如果你找到了你的手机 |
[03:34] | that would mean that no tech bloggers | 就意味着不会有技术博主 |
[03:36] | or journalists did, | 或者记者找到 |
[03:38] | And they couldn’t write a scathing review | 他们就不会根据你手机里的东西 |
[03:41] | based on what was on it, as it sucks. | 写篇贬损的评测 因为你的测试版烂透了 |
[03:44] | Who knows? It might even cause Hooli stock to crash | 谁知道呢 说不定’互利’股票会因此大跌 |
[03:48] | or certain careers to be ruined. | 某人的事业也会因此玩完 |
[03:52] | Richard, are you threatening me? | 理查德 你是在威胁我吗 |
[03:55] | Am I threatening you? | 我是在威胁你吗 |
[03:58] | That’s a good question. | 这问题提得不错 |
[03:59] | Um, no. | 不是 |
[04:01] | If you don’t give me my fucking phone back, | 如果你他妈不把我的手机还回来 |
[04:03] | I’m gonna find you, bend you over your desk | 我会找到你 把你强按到桌子上 |
[04:06] | and fuck you so hard, your front teeth– | 然后猛操你 直到你的门牙 |
[04:10] | Hold on. | 等下 |
[04:11] | You can’t threaten him, especially not sexually. | 你不能威胁他 特别是威胁要鸡奸他 |
[04:14] | This little shit could cause major damage here. | 这个小杂种会捅出大篓子的 |
[04:18] | What am I allowed to say? | 我到底能说什么 |
[04:20] | Richard, it’s me again. | 理查德 又是我 |
[04:22] | Yes. | 我在 |
[04:23] | Here’s my concern. | 我的想法如下 |
[04:24] | If my phone ends up in the hands of a journalist, | 如果我的手机到了某位记者的手里 |
[04:28] | Palo Alto Chief of Police Ed Gaskins, | 帕罗奥图的警察局长艾德·加斯金斯 |
[04:31] | who, apropos of nothing, | 顺便说一句 跟此事无关 |
[04:32] | happens to be a close personal friend of mine, | 他跟我的私交很好 |
[04:34] | would have to go and ask this person | 他会出面找此人问清楚 |
[04:35] | where they got my phone. | 他们怎样拿到我的手机的 |
[04:37] | Keep in mind, these aren’t real journalists, Richard. | 记住 他们可不算真正的记者 理查德 |
[04:40] | They’re tech journalists. | 他们是科技记者 |
[04:42] | Do you think they’d go to prison to protect their source? | 你认为他们会为了保护消息来源而入狱吗 |
[04:45] | I don’t either. | 我也不这么认为 |
[04:47] | And since this phone’s os is a stolen prototype | 而且因为这手机是被偷走的原型机 |
[04:50] | worth $40 to $60 million, | 价值四千到六千万 |
[04:53] | You’re looking at felony grand theft, Richard. | 你这可是犯了盗窃重罪呢 理查德 |
[04:57] | You can go to jail for 40 years. | 可以判你个四十年 |
[05:01] | Then again, you’d probably be fine | 不过嘛 像你这样的人 |
[05:03] | in a full-blown hard time penitentiary. | 在狱中蹲满刑期兴许是小菜一碟 |
[05:06] | I mean, after they waxed your rectum | 你想想 他们会给你的菊花褪毛 |
[05:10] | and knocked out all your front teeth | 再敲掉你的门牙 |
[05:11] | just to make things easier. | 好让你更容易适应环境 |
[05:14] | You know, Gavin, if you don’t want my help, | 盖文 你要是不需要我的帮助 |
[05:16] | then I guess we’ll just see what happens. | 那就只好走着瞧了 |
[05:21] | All right, Richard. | 好啊 理查德 |
[05:23] | So what do we do here? | 那我们该怎么做 |
[05:27] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[05:29] | What do we do here? | 你说该怎么做 |
[05:31] | Paul, are you there? | 保罗 你在吗 |
[05:33] | Ron? | 罗恩 |
[05:33] | Hey, buddy. Sam and Melinda there, too? | 好啊哥们 山姆和梅琳达也都在呢吧 |
[05:36] | They are. They say hi. | 在呢 打个招呼 |
[05:37] | Hey, Ron. | 你好啊 罗恩 |
[05:38] | What up, kids? | 你们好啊 小子们 |
[05:41] | Let me hit you back in 10 | 我十分钟后再跟你们联系 |
[05:43] | and we’ll sidebar this. | 咱们那时再细谈吧 |
[05:47] | Binding arbitration? What’s that? | 具约束力的仲裁 那是什么 |
[05:51] | Well, it’s like a trial but massively accelerated. | 和开庭差不多 但是速度快多了 |
[05:53] | Next week we’re gonna go in front of a retired judge | 下周我们会在一位退休法官主持下 |
[05:56] | and argue our whole lawsuit | 在两天之内把我们的案子 |
[05:58] | in just two days, and then we’re done. | 理清楚 然后就没事了 |
[06:00] | So this will all be resolved next week? | 也就是说下周就都解决了 |
[06:02] | I’ve always wanted to go to binding arbitration. | 我早就想参加具约束力的仲裁了 |
[06:05] | A weird thing to have always wanted to do. | 你早就想做的事还真是奇怪啊 |
[06:07] | Everybody who’s ever sued me | 每一个告过我的人 |
[06:09] | has settled out of court. Pussies. | 都庭外和解了 没种的软蛋 |
[06:12] | Now finally I’ll be able to take the stand, | 这回我终于能够英勇出战 |
[06:14] | be a part of the big show. | 唱他一出好戏了 |
[06:16] | No show. This is a serious | 没什么好戏 这可是严肃的 |
[06:18] | legal proceeding, okay? | 法律仲裁程序 明白吗 |
[06:20] | And speaking to that, | 说到这个 |
[06:21] | Ron Laflamme has got us a new litigator | 罗恩·拉弗兰梅给我们新请了位诉讼律师 |
[06:23] | and we are meeting him in an hour. | 我们一小时后见他 |
[06:25] | Um, how are we gonna pay this person? | 我们哪来的钱请他呢 |
[06:27] | Our guy has agreed to wave his entire fee | 这位律师在我们的案子解决之前 |
[06:30] | until our case is resolved. | 分文不取 |
[06:32] | Oh, it’s some wet behind | 完了 是个 |
[06:32] | the ears noob straight out of law school. | 刚从法学院毕业的小菜鸟 |
[06:34] | No, he is said to be very experienced, | 不是 据说他经验非常丰富 |
[06:37] | one of the best in the biz. | 是律师圈里的顶尖高手之一 |
[06:39] | Then why the fuck would he take our case on spec? | 那他怎么会冒险接我们这个案子 |
[06:42] | Was I in possession of cocaine, amphetamines, | 我被捕时是否持有可卡因 安非他明 |
[06:45] | amyl nitrate, also known as poppers, at the time of my arrest? | 硝酸戊酯也称作松菊剂等药物 |
[06:48] | In large quantities. | 确实如此且数量甚巨 |
[06:50] | Did I have consensual intercourse | 我是否曾和两名未成年女性 |
[06:51] | with two women under the age of 18? | 进行过双方自愿的性行为 |
[06:54] | Repeatedly. I admit this. | 不止一次 这我承认 |
[06:57] | Did I violate the Mann Act and transport them | 我是否违反曼恩法案[禁止贩卖妇女卖淫] |
[06:59] | across state lines for sexual purposes? | 跨州运送她们以满足我的性需求呢 |
[07:02] | Alleged but not proven. | 虽有指控 却从未证实 |
[07:05] | And, boy, they tried. They tried. | 费了他们老大的劲也没成功 |
[07:07] | Therefore, I was incarcerated and I was disbarred. | 因此我被判监禁并吊销律师资格 |
[07:10] | Wait, hold on. You were disbarred? | 慢着 你被吊销资格了 |
[07:13] | So you can’t practice law? | 也就是说你不能上庭 |
[07:15] | Not in open court in the state of California. | 在加州境内不能参与正式诉讼 |
[07:17] | That’s correct. But this is arbitration. | 这一点没错 但这次只是仲裁 |
[07:20] | I’m really grateful for the opportunity. | 我非常感激你们给我这次机会 |
[07:22] | I’m turning my life around. | 我改过自新了 |
[07:24] | I’ve served my time. | 我也付出代价坐了牢 |
[07:26] | Questions? | 有疑问吗 |
[07:28] | I guess I have one at least. | 我有一个问题 |
[07:30] | Um, what does amyl nitrate do? | 硝酸戊酯是干什么用的 |
[07:34] | Oh, it dilates the anus. | 帮助扩张肛周肌肉的 |
[07:35] | That is accurate. | 说得很对 |
[07:37] | Also produces euphoria. | 同时也会产生快感 |
[07:40] | Okay, thank you, Pete and Jared. | 谢谢彼得和贾里德的深入教导 |
[07:43] | – Sure. – Anal dilation aside, | -客气 -扩肛的事先放一边 |
[07:46] | what do you think of our case? | 你对我们的案子怎么看 |
[07:48] | You think we’re gonna go in there and just dick-slap | 你觉得我们能把那些个’互利’的垃圾 |
[07:50] | those Hooli pieces of shit? | 打得落花流水吗 |
[07:52] | I have reviewed your case | 你们的案子我看过了 |
[07:54] | and it is extremely strong. | 对你们非常有利 |
[07:56] | Thank God. | 感谢上帝 |
[07:58] | I do, every day of my life. | 同感谢 我每天怀着感恩的心 |
[08:00] | It’s only by his grace that I was able to survive | 蒙上帝的恩典 我才得以 |
[08:03] | that plunge into the ravine | 走出人生峡谷 |
[08:04] | and 11 months in the state penitentiary. | 挺过11个月的铁窗生涯 |
[08:07] | I’m sorry, were you in an emotional ravine | 不好意思 你是指比喻意义上的峡谷 |
[08:10] | or did you actually go into a ravine? | 还是你真的去过峡谷 |
[08:13] | Both. | 都有 |
[08:14] | Now, with your approval, | 如果各位没问题的话 |
[08:16] | I would like to move forward. | 我就要进行下一步工作了 |
[08:17] | I currently am not in possession of an office | 我现在没有办公室 |
[08:21] | and I’m residing in a halfway house, | 眼下正住在教习所里 |
[08:23] | so I would like to give Hooli legal your home address. | 所以我想把你们的地址发给’互利’律师团 |
[08:27] | Why? | 为什么 |
[08:27] | They need to send over their discovery documents, | 他们需要把披露文件送到你们手上 |
[08:30] | all of them. | 全部都送来 |
[08:32] | All of them? | 全部 |
[08:37] | This is craziness. | 这简直疯了 |
[08:39] | Couldn’t they have just emailed all this? | 就不能通过电子邮件发过来吗 |
[08:41] | I mean, it’s mostly just printed-out emails anyway. | 绝大多数都是电邮印到纸上而已 |
[08:44] | Yeah, of course they could have. | 是啊 他们当然可以那么做 |
[08:46] | And it would have been digitally searchable, | 不过那样一来就可以进行数据检索了 |
[08:48] | and that is the point. | 关键就在这里 |
[08:49] | It’s a classic document dump. | 就是要拿文件淹死你 |
[08:52] | But what they didn’t take into account is | 不过他们没想到的是 |
[08:54] | the power of us. | 我们大家有力量 |
[08:55] | So grab a box, guys. | 所以赶紧搬一箱吧 两位 |
[08:58] | Start pulling anything you think is relevant. | 把你们认为有关的内容都挑出来 |
[09:00] | And you may have to work pretty hard, | 也许是有很多工作要做 |
[09:02] | but it will free us from this lawsuit. | 不过至少我们就此自由不用审判了 |
[09:05] | Are you saying, “Work will set you free”? | 你刚才是说”劳动带来自由”吗 |
[09:08] | Yes. They have the manpower. | 正是 他们有人力 |
[09:09] | We have the perseverance. Triumph of the will. | 我们有毅力 这就是意志的胜利 |
[09:15] | He’s the most cheerful person | 在所有引用希特勒话的人中 |
[09:16] | I’ve ever heard quote Hitler. | 他是我见过最开心的一个 |
[09:18] | So Hooli’s entire intellectual property claim | ‘互利’的整个知识产权诉讼 |
[09:21] | boils down to three simple questions. | 可以归结到三个问题上 |
[09:23] | Did your work on Pied Piper at any time overlap | 你开发’魔笛手’的时间是否和 |
[09:26] | with your scope of work or Hooli business? | 在’互利’的工作时间重叠过 |
[09:29] | Uh, no. | 没有 |
[09:30] | Did you ever do work on pied piper on Hooli time? | 你在’互利’工作时间内开发过’魔笛手’吗 |
[09:32] | Uh, no. | 没有 |
[09:33] | And at no time did you ever use Hooli equipment | 你是不是也没有用过任何’互利’的设备 |
[09:36] | to develop Pied Piper in any way? | 开发过’魔笛手’ |
[09:38] | No, never. | 没 绝没有 |
[09:39] | We’re on our way then. You just tell that honestly to the court, | 那我们就没问题 你如实在庭上讲就行了 |
[09:42] | and we’re home free. | 然后我们就万事大吉 |
[09:43] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[09:44] | Unless, of course, you’ve offered | 除非 你曾经 |
[09:46] | a conflicting version of that to anyone– | 向别人提供过上述答案的不同版本 |
[09:49] | a friend, your parents, | 朋友啊 父母啊 |
[09:52] | a girlfriend. | 或者女朋友 |
[09:53] | No, no, and not possible. | 没有 没有 不可能 |
[09:56] | I haven’t had a girlfriend in, like, three years. | 我都三年没交过女朋友了 |
[09:59] | A boyfriend? | 男朋友 |
[10:00] | No. I’m not gay, just busy. | 我不是同性恋 只是很忙 |
[10:04] | We’re not litigating your sexuality. | 我们这次诉讼跟你的性向无关 |
[10:06] | That’s good, yeah. | 那就好 |
[10:07] | It’s a good thing, too, because if we were, | 那也是件好事 因为如果有关的话 |
[10:09] | we’d all end up in prison. Am I right? | 我们就都要进监狱了 是吧 |
[10:12] | No offense. | 无意冒犯 |
[10:13] | Here, I did a first pass. Let me know what you think. | 给 我弄了个初稿 你们看看吧 |
[10:16] | Just a few questions for you to ask me while I’m on the stand. | 只是一些我作证时你需要问我的问题 |
[10:19] | It’s rough clay. We can shape it as we go. | 这只是初稿 我们随时可以修改 |
[10:21] | You realize I have no intention of ever putting you on the stand? | 你知道我并没有打算让你出庭作证吧 |
[10:24] | What? Why not? | 什么 为什么 |
[10:26] | Well, I just don’t think you have anything to offer the case. | 我只是认为你对这个案件没有帮助 |
[10:28] | They’re trying to say that Pied Piper was created at Hooli, | 他们想要试图证明’魔笛手’创始于’互利’ |
[10:31] | whereas I’m living proof | 但我就是最好的证据 |
[10:32] | that it was created here in my incubator. | 能证明这个软件创建于我的孵化器 |
[10:35] | I nurtured Richard like a little baby. | 是我把理查德一手培养起来的 |
[10:37] | I was his patron, like the Borgias with Da Vinci. | 我是他的赞助人 就像波吉亚家族和达芬奇 |
[10:42] | Actually, the Medici were Da Vinci’s patrons. | 事实上达芬奇的赞助人是美第奇家族 |
[10:45] | The Borgias poisoned people. | 波吉亚家族只会给人下毒 |
[10:47] | – Say Medici again. – Medici. | -再说一次美第奇 -美第奇 |
[10:49] | – Shut the fuck up. – That’s how you pronounce it. | -闭嘴 -就是这么发音的 |
[10:51] | Let’s be clear, okay? | 我们要先讲清楚 |
[10:53] | The burden of proof falls on Hooli here. | 举证的责任在’互利’身上 |
[10:54] | And they have none. | 但他们什么证据也没有 |
[10:55] | You have a Barrett 50-caliber rifle at your disposal | 你有一把巴雷特50口径步枪任你支配 |
[10:58] | that you can use to shoot Gavin Belson in the goddamn face. | 你可以用它直接爆了盖文·贝尔森的头 |
[11:01] | And you’re not gonna use it? | 但你却不用 |
[11:02] | What kind of fucking attorney are you? | 你这个上庭律师是怎么当的 |
[11:04] | Well, technically, I can’t refer to myself as an attorney | 事实上在重新拿到执照 |
[11:07] | until I’m reinstated | 并赔偿我的受害人家属前 |
[11:09] | and make restitution to my victims’ families. | 我不能说自己是上庭律师 |
[11:12] | I’m a lawyer. And I’m a good one. | 我是律师 而且我很棒 |
[11:14] | And if you know one end of a Barrett 50-cal from the other, | 如果你真的了解巴雷特50口径 |
[11:18] | I’ll eat a bowl of shit. | 我就吃翔一碗 |
[11:19] | Did you get a taste for that on the inside, hmm? | 你是不是尝过未排出前第一手的味道 |
[11:39] | Hey, guys, it’s been almost two weeks | 伙计们 母秃鹫已经两周 |
[11:41] | since the mother condor has been to the nest. | 没有去过巢穴了 |
[11:44] | Do you think something may be wrong with the egg? | 你们认为有没有可能是蛋出了什么问题 |
[11:46] | Something is. It’s on our website. | 是有问题 问题就是我们的网站在直播它 |
[11:49] | No, really. I mean, | 不 说真的 |
[11:51] | I think maybe I should call the museum, see if this is normal. | 我想也许我该给博物馆打个电话问问情况 |
[11:54] | Jared, you want that egg to be alive, right? | 贾里德 你希望那枚蛋活着是吧 |
[11:56] | – Of course. – Well, right now, | -当然 -那么现在来看 |
[11:57] | because you don’t know whether it is or not, | 因为你不知道它到底是不是活的 |
[11:59] | it exists in both states, | 所以两种情况都有可能 |
[12:01] | like Schrodinger’s cat. | 就像薛定谔的猫一样 |
[12:03] | Like what? | 像什么 |
[12:04] | It’s a quantum mechanics thought experiment | 那是一个量子力学思想实验 |
[12:06] | that an Austrian physicist came up with | 由一位奥地利物理学家提出 |
[12:07] | to help understand quantum states. | 用于帮助人们理解量子态的概念 |
[12:09] | So he imagined putting a cat | 他假设将一只猫 |
[12:11] | into a box with poisoned food. | 放进一个装了有毒食物的盒子 |
[12:14] | There’s a 50/50 chance the cat eats it. | 猫吃了有毒食物或没吃的概率各一半 |
[12:16] | That does sound rather Austrian. | 这倒确实像奥地利人会干的事 |
[12:18] | So according to Schrodinger if you open the box, | 根据薛定谔的理论 如果你打开盒子 |
[12:19] | and confirm that the cat is dead, | 确认猫已经死了 |
[12:22] | then in a sense, you’ve killed the cat. | 那么某种意义来讲 就是你杀了那只猫 |
[12:25] | Or if you call the museum and get the information | 所以如果你打电话给博物馆询问 |
[12:28] | then you’ve killed the egg. | 那你就杀害了那只蛋 |
[12:31] | No, that’s silly. | 不会的 这太可笑了 |
[12:33] | Is it? | 是吗 |
[12:35] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[12:37] | I’m just gonna think about it for a minute. | 我要再考虑一下 |
[12:44] | Richard. | 理查德 |
[12:45] | Yeah? | 什么事 |
[12:46] | – We have a problem. – What’s up? | -我们有个问题 -怎么了 |
[12:48] | You and I are going into arbitration tomorrow. | 明天我们就要去仲裁了 |
[12:51] | I need you to look me right in the eye | 我需要你看着我的眼睛 |
[12:53] | and tell me why you’ve been lying to me. | 告诉我你为什么要骗我 |
[12:55] | I haven’t been lying to you. | 我没有骗你 |
[12:56] | You told me you haven’t had a girlfriend for three years. | 你告诉我你三年没交过女朋友了 |
[13:00] | I have found at least 15 emails to Nelson Bighetti | 我发现了至少15封你在去年 |
[13:03] | in the last year where you reference a girlfriend. | 发给尼尔森·达头蒂的邮件中都提到了女朋友 |
[13:07] | “Spent the day in bed with my girlfriend.” | 今天和女友在床上躺了一天 |
[13:09] | “A homeless guy in the coffee shop | 咖啡店里的流浪汉 |
[13:11] | almost stole my girlfriend.” | 差点偷了我的女朋友 |
[13:13] | It’s a joke. Big head and I– | 那是个玩笑 大头和我 |
[13:15] | we call my laptop my girlfriend | 我们管自己的笔记本电脑叫女朋友 |
[13:17] | because it’s the only warm thing | 因为那是近段时期 |
[13:20] | that’s touched my crotch in a little while. | 唯一会碰到我们裆部的发热的东西 |
[13:25] | So when you said, quote, | 所以当你在说 |
[13:29] | “My girlfriend shit the bed last night,” | 我女朋友昨晚把床上搞得一团糟 |
[13:32] | – that was your laptop? – Laptop, yeah. | -那也是说你的笔记本 -是的 |
[13:35] | Well, that’s good to hear. | 那就太好了 |
[13:38] | Oh, wait a minute. | 等等 |
[13:41] | Wait a minute. Wait a minute. | 等等 等等 |
[13:43] | Now listen to this. | 听这个 |
[13:46] | April 10th, 11:14 p.m. | 4月10日 晚11点14分 |
[13:49] | “Taking my girlfriend to the Apple Store.” | 带我的女朋友去苹果店 |
[13:52] | April 12th, 3:42 p.m. | 4月12日 下午3点42分 |
[13:54] | “Picking my girlfriend up at the mall.” | 去商场接我的女朋友 |
[13:57] | Yeah, so? | 所以呢 |
[13:58] | So your laptop was in the shop for three days, right? | 所以你的电脑被送去店里三天 对吗 |
[14:01] | The 10th through the 12th, right? | 从10号到12号 对吗 |
[14:02] | Yeah, and? | 是啊 怎么了 |
[14:03] | April 11th, 2:48 p.m. | 4月11日 下午2点48分 |
[14:07] | “Ran a test of the perceptual modeler during lunch, | 在午饭期间测试感知编码器 |
[14:09] | made a few tweaks and, | 做了几处细微调整 |
[14:10] | wow, it’s working on a whole new level.” | 软件性能简直有了飞跃 |
[14:13] | Yeah, that just means that it’s going great, | 这只意味着一切顺利 |
[14:15] | that it’s working really well. | 软件开发步入正轨 |
[14:16] | Richard, Richard, | 理查德 理查德 |
[14:18] | You didn’t have your laptop with you at Hooli. | 你没带自己的笔记本电脑去’互利’ |
[14:21] | What computer did you use | 那你当时是用哪一台电脑 |
[14:23] | to run that test that day? | 做测试的 |
[14:26] | Oh, shit. | 该死 |
[14:28] | Richard, you didn’t use a Hooli computer? | 理查德 你没用’互利’的电脑吧 |
[14:30] | Tell me that you didn’t use a Hooli fucking computer. | 告诉我你没有用该死的’互利’电脑 |
[14:33] | I– I don’t know. Yeah, yeah, okay. | 我 我不知道 好吧 |
[14:35] | Yes, I– I think I did. | 好吧 我好像用了 |
[14:36] | Fuck, I mean, I just used it once though, right? | 操 我只用了一次而已 对吧 |
[14:38] | I mean, that’s not– that’s not a big deal. | 应该不是什么大问题吧 |
[14:40] | It’s a huge deal. We’re done. That’s it. | 问题大了 我们完了 就是这样 |
[14:43] | – What’s it? – God damn it. | -就怎样了 -该死 |
[14:45] | Well, under the law, Hooli can lay claim | 根据法律 ‘互利’有权利获得 |
[14:47] | to the underlying intellectual property that makes up Pied Piper. | ‘魔笛手’公司拥有的知识产权 |
[14:50] | So we’re fucked now, is that it? We’re totally fucked? | 所以我们完蛋了 对吧 我们死定了 |
[14:53] | Well, I mean, it all depends on whether or not | 这都取决于’互利’的律师 |
[14:55] | the attorneys at Hooli figure out | 是否能发现 |
[14:57] | that your girlfriend is your laptop. | 你的女朋友就是你的笔记本电脑 |
[15:01] | Are you just telling us this entire case just | 你是说这整个案子的关键在于 |
[15:02] | hinges on people believing that Richard had a girlfriend? | 人们是否相信理查德有女朋友 |
[15:09] | We are fucked. | 我们完蛋了 |
[15:24] | All right, this is gonna be a long two days, | 这两天将会十分漫长 |
[15:26] | so let’s try to keep things brief. | 所以请大家尽量长话短说 |
[15:29] | Your Honor, I think I can help speed things along. | 法官大人 我应该能帮忙加快进度 |
[15:31] | We are willing to concede | 我们愿意承认 |
[15:33] | to all the numerous counts brought by Mr. Belson, | 除了知识产权所有权这一项外 |
[15:37] | except the ones regarding the ownership of intellectual property. | 贝尔森先生提出的所有指控 |
[15:41] | Is that right? | 是吗 |
[15:42] | On the non-solicit violation, | 我的当事人愿意承认 |
[15:44] | my client is willing to concede | 他违背了非竞争性合约 |
[15:46] | that Donald Dunn was improperly hired. | 对唐纳德·邓恩进行了不当聘用 |
[15:48] | And on the unjust enrichment charge, | 而关于不当得利的罪名 |
[15:52] | Richard will agree to repay Hooli | 理查德愿意付给’互利’ |
[15:56] | 39 dollars and 99 cents | 39美元99美分 |
[15:59] | for the phone charger | 以赔付他带回家的 |
[16:01] | that he took home, and so on. | 手机充电器 以及其他指控 |
[16:03] | Thank you, Mr. Monahan, | 多谢你 莫纳汉先生 |
[16:06] | for accelerating the process. | 帮助加快仲裁进度 |
[16:08] | Okay, let’s start this. Plaintiff? | 我们开始吧 原告 |
[16:12] | Okay, Richard, here it goes. | 好了 理查德 开始了 |
[16:13] | They call you first, we’re toast. | 他们要是先传你作证 我们就完了 |
[16:16] | I think I’m gonna puke. | 我有点想吐 |
[16:17] | Your honor, we’d like to call our first witness. | 法官大人 我方想请出第一位证人 |
[16:23] | We would like to call | 我们想传唤 |
[16:25] | Nelson Bighetti, A.K.A. Big head. | 尼尔森·达头蒂 也就是大头 |
[16:32] | Wait, are you sure? ’cause it says “No admittan–“ | 等等 你确定吗 这里写着禁止进入 |
[16:36] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[16:37] | Yeah, you were right. It’s this one. | 你说的没错 就是这里 |
[16:40] | Is that me? | 到我了吗 |
[16:42] | I’m sorry, Richard. | 抱歉 理查德 |
[16:46] | Firstly, sir, let me say it is a privilege | 首先 先生 我真是三生有幸 |
[16:49] | to be speaking to someone as accomplished as you. | 能与像您一般功成名就的人交谈 |
[16:52] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[16:53] | You were one of the earliest members of the Pied Piper team, | 你曾是’魔笛手’最早的成员之一 |
[16:55] | were you not? | 是吗 |
[16:56] | And since your departure, | 自你离开之后 |
[16:57] | your rise has been meteoric. | 你简直是平步青云 |
[17:00] | Haven’t you received three Hooli promotions in a month? | 你是否在一个月内被’互利’提拔了三次 |
[17:03] | Uh, yeah. Yeah, I guess that is right. | 是的 是这样没错 |
[17:06] | It seems like everything you touch | 似乎所有事只要经你之手 |
[17:08] | is made dramatically better, Mr. Bighetti. | 都化腐朽为神奇 达头蒂先生 |
[17:11] | You make a meaningful and crucial contribution | 你对所负责的一切都做出了 |
[17:14] | to everything you do, do you not? | 意义重大且至关重要的贡献 不是吗 |
[17:18] | Wa– wait. | 等等 |
[17:19] | I’m– I’m sorry. Do I not? | 抱歉 什么我不是吗 |
[17:21] | Are you asking if I do do that | 你是要问我确实做了 |
[17:24] | or if I don’t do that? | 还是没有做 |
[17:26] | This is amazing. They have nothing. | 太棒了 他们什么证据都没有 |
[17:27] | It’s a desperate play. | 这是孤注一掷 |
[17:29] | They’re trying to build him up, | 他们想要塑造他的形象 |
[17:31] | make it seem like he was a crucial part of Pied Piper. | 让别人看来他在’魔笛手’不可或缺 |
[17:34] | It’s a Hail Mary. They have nothing. | 真是老天保佑 他们什么证据都没有 |
[17:35] | Because if I don’t not do that, | 因为如果我并没有没有做 |
[17:40] | isn’t that the same as– | 那不就意味着我 |
[17:41] | Let’s move on. Okay. | 我们继续好吗 |
[17:43] | Is it not true that Wired– | 《连线》是否曾 |
[17:47] | I’ll rephrase. | 我重新组织一下语言 |
[17:49] | Did Wired magazine run a cover story on you? | 《连线》杂志曾为你做了一期封面采访吗 |
[17:52] | Yes or no? | 是还是不是 |
[17:54] | Oh, yes. | 是的 |
[17:55] | That did happen, yes. | 确实有这回事 |
[17:59] | I think I just made a mistake. | 我可能犯了个错误 |
[18:01] | That was the museum. | 是博物馆那边 |
[18:03] | I decided to call and check on the condor, | 我给博物馆打电话想了解兀鹫的情况 |
[18:06] | and they said that it’s very unlikely | 他们说有很大可能 |
[18:08] | that the condor egg is still alive. | 兀鹫蛋已经没有生命了 |
[18:10] | But my phone call itself | 可是我的电话 |
[18:13] | drew their attention to their low viewing numbers | 让他们意识到浏览人数很低 |
[18:15] | and they’ve decided to take down the cameras today. | 于是决定今天把摄像头取下来 |
[18:18] | So by making the phone call, | 所以因为你打那通电话 |
[18:19] | you’ve most likely killed the condor egg. | 你很可能杀死了那枚兀鹫蛋 |
[18:21] | Oh, come on, I mean, | 得了吧 我是说 |
[18:22] | that schrodinger stuff’s all just theoretical. | 薛定谔的猫都是理论而已 |
[18:24] | It doesn’t apply here. | 在这里不适用 |
[18:25] | Doesn’t it? I mean, look at Rchard. | 是吗 你看看理查德 |
[18:27] | He didn’t know that he had tested on a Hooli computer | 他在莫纳汉打开邮件盒子之前 |
[18:30] | until Monahan opened that box of emails, right? | 不知道自己是否用’互利’的电脑做过测试 |
[18:34] | So Richard was both innocent and guilty, | 所以理查德即可能无辜 也可能有罪 |
[18:36] | but as soon as Monahan opened that box, | 但只要莫纳汉一打开盒子 |
[18:40] | it made Richard guilty. | 他就确定理查德有罪了 |
[18:41] | But, I mean, by that logic, | 可按照这个逻辑 |
[18:43] | nyone who goes to an open-casket funeral is a murderer. | 所有去了开馆葬礼的人都是凶手 |
[18:46] | You are one dark motherfucker, Jared. | 你这个丧心病狂的混蛋 贾里德 |
[18:50] | So, Mr. Bighetti, you have stated | 所以 达头蒂先生 你刚说 |
[18:53] | that you didn’t have | 你对’魔笛手’ |
[18:56] | anything to do with Pied Piper. | 毫无贡献 |
[18:59] | No. | 是的 |
[19:00] | I suppose you’d also say | 那你应该也会说 |
[19:01] | that you had nothing to do with Hooli XYZ either. | 自己对’互利’未知数部门毫无贡献了 |
[19:05] | No, not really. | 对 没有关系 |
[19:06] | And what about the Hooli AIDS and cancer societies | 以及你作为主席的 |
[19:09] | of which you were president? | ‘互利’艾滋病及癌症学会 |
[19:11] | Did you have anything to do with those? | 你和那些有关系吗 |
[19:12] | Honestly, not really. I actually remember | 其实没什么关系 我还记得 |
[19:15] | when they told me I got the AIDS thing, | 他们告诉艾滋病那事的时候 |
[19:17] | for just a second I thought they were telling me that I had AIDS. | 有一瞬间我还以为他们是说我得了艾滋 |
[19:20] | But then I realized, no, I was just | 但后来我意识到 我没病 我只是 |
[19:22] | the president of the AIDS thingy. | 成为了那个艾滋什么的主席 |
[19:25] | But for a second it was pretty scary there. | 但那个瞬间还是挺吓人的 |
[19:28] | You see, Your Honor, Nelson Bighetti | 如你所闻 法官大人 尼尔森·达头蒂 |
[19:31] | is pathologically modest. | 谦虚得有些病态 |
[19:33] | While he humbly denies credit, the record shows | 虽然他谦虚地否认这些功劳 但记录显示 |
[19:37] | that he had everything to do with all of these achievements. | 他与这些成就密不可分 |
[19:40] | It may be possible that Nelson actually believes | 也许尼尔森也是真的相信 |
[19:44] | he didn’t have that much | 他与’魔笛手’的创立 |
[19:44] | to do with the founding of Pied Piper either. | 没什么关系 |
[19:46] | ‘Cause… | 因为… |
[19:47] | But it is painfully obvious | 但异常明显的是 |
[19:49] | that he had a huge hand in it. | 他与之大有关系 |
[19:52] | No further questions, Your Honor. | 法官大人 我问完了 |
[19:55] | May I say, Mr. Bighetti, how refreshing it is | 我得说 达头蒂先生 终于遇到一位 |
[19:58] | to finally encounter someone in the tech community | 搞科技却并不做作自大的人 |
[20:01] | who is so free of pretension and ego? | 真是让我耳目一新 |
[20:07] | Well, that was troubling. | 有麻烦了 |
[20:09] | Yeah, what was that? | 对啊 刚到底怎么回事 |
[20:10] | It’s just that he scored big points with the Judge in there. | 他刚刚赢得了法官的好感 |
[20:13] | So what’s our plan? Do we go in there | 我们怎么办 我们要去 |
[20:15] | and cross the shit out of him? | 损得他体无完肤吗 |
[20:17] | Tear him a new hole in his butt? | 给他捅出个新屁眼 |
[20:19] | Let’s just remind ourselves here | 我们可别忘了 |
[20:21] | that he gave me the phone and made this whole thing possible. | 是他把手机拿给我 让这一切化为可能 |
[20:23] | So let’s take it easy on him. | 别对他下手太狠 |
[20:25] | Yeah, I don’t think shredding him is the right way to go either. | 我也觉得让他身败名裂不是好主意 |
[20:28] | – Thank you. – It could backfire, | -谢谢 -可能会事与愿违 |
[20:29] | turn the judge against us. | 让法官讨厌我们 |
[20:32] | I have something else in mind. | 我另有主意 |
[20:34] | Mr. Bachmann, are you still prepared to testify? | 巴赫曼先生 你还能作证吗 |
[20:38] | Fuck yes, I am. | 我他妈当然能了 |
[20:41] | Mr. Bachmann. | 巴赫曼先生 |
[20:42] | Yes, sir? | 我是 先生 |
[20:43] | You are the owner and sole proprietor | 你是亨德里克斯和达头蒂先生 |
[20:47] | of the Palo Alto-based hacker hostel | 居住的位于帕罗奥多 |
[20:49] | in which Mr. Hendricks and Mr. Bighetti | 黑客宿舍的房主 |
[20:52] | both resided. Is that correct? | 及唯一的业主 对吗 |
[20:53] | Yes, sir. That is, in fact, correct. | 是的 没错 |
[20:57] | It has been called | 那里一直被称为 |
[20:58] | the garden of tech Eden. | 科技界的伊甸园 |
[21:01] | Is it also fair to say that every instinct you have | 而且你作为一名商人的所有直觉 |
[21:04] | as a businessman | 都是完全错误的 |
[21:06] | has been completely and totally wrong? | 我这么说不为过吧 |
[21:08] | Sorry, what? | 你说什么 |
[21:09] | You hard of hearing, Mr. Bachmann? | 你听力不好吗 巴赫曼先生 |
[21:10] | No, I’ve heard everything… | 不 我都听到了 |
[21:11] | Aren’t you considered a joke in this town? | 周围的人都觉得你是全市的笑柄吧 |
[21:13] | I don’t quite know where you’re going with this. | 我不知道你这是想干什么 |
[21:16] | Nor do I. Can you tell us | 我也不知道 你能告诉我们 |
[21:17] | where you’re headed here, Mr. Monahan? | 你到底想证明什么吗 莫纳汉先生 |
[21:20] | Your Honor, if you are to accept | 法官大人 如果你同意 |
[21:22] | Hooli’s reverence for Mr. Bighetti | ‘互利’对达头蒂先生的重视 |
[21:24] | as proof that he’s a genius, | 可以作为他是天才的证据 |
[21:25] | then you must also accept | 那你也必须同意 |
[21:27] | Mr. Bachmann’s reverence for Mr. Bighetti | 巴赫曼先生对达头蒂先生的重视 |
[21:29] | as proof that he’s a moron. | 可以作为他是个蠢货的证据 |
[21:32] | I’m simply establishing | 我只是想证明 |
[21:33] | this type of logic, Your Honor, cuts both ways. | 这种逻辑 法官大人 两者都说得通 |
[21:36] | I see. I’ll allow it. | 我懂了 请继续 |
[21:38] | Really? Because I don’t– | 不是吧 我可不… |
[21:39] | Mr. Bachmann, you have incubated | 巴赫曼先生 你开办孵化器 |
[21:42] | a seemingly endless string | 资助了一系列 |
[21:44] | of patently unsuccessful apps, haven’t you? | 被公认为很失败的软件 对吗 |
[21:47] | No. No, that is not correct. | 不 不对 |
[21:49] | I incubated Pied Piper. I saw the value in that. | ‘魔笛手’是我孵化的 我看到了它的价值 |
[21:52] | Oh, did you? Isn’t it true | 是吗 在亨德里克斯先生 |
[21:53] | that you were about to evict Mr. Hendricks | 成为竞价对象前 |
[21:56] | until he became the subject of a bidding war? | 你不是正要驱逐他吗 |
[21:59] | You disliked Pied Piper… | 你不喜欢’魔笛手’ |
[22:01] | the one app in your hostel that showed promise. | 这个在你的宿舍里唯一有前景的软件 |
[22:04] | Well, I think that’s a bit harsh. I mean, ev– | 这话有点刻薄了 驱逐什么的… |
[22:05] | In fact, you tried to encourage Mr. Hendricks | 你还曾鼓励亨德里克斯先生 |
[22:08] | to change his app to be more like | 将他的软件变成 |
[22:10] | Mr. Bighetti’s horrendous app | 达头蒂先生开发的那种 |
[22:12] | called Nip Alert. Isn’t that true? | 名为’乳报’的骇人软件 对吗 |
[22:14] | Well, yes, I thought Nip Alert showed great promise. | 是的 我认为’乳报’很有潜力 |
[22:17] | It did not show great promise. | 它根本没展示出任何潜力 |
[22:19] | What it showed was the location | 它只展示出了 |
[22:21] | of nearby women possessing erect nipples. | 附近激凸女人的具体方位 |
[22:24] | And as such, Mr. Bighetti’s grotesque creation | 正因如此 达头蒂先生的怪诞产物 |
[22:27] | was passed over by every investor | 没有获得市里除你以外 |
[22:30] | in this town except you, | 任何一名投资者的青睐 |
[22:32] | because it was perverted. | 因为那软件很变态 |
[22:34] | Well, I’ll admit that– I’ll concede | 我承认 眼下 |
[22:36] | that the cultural moment | 那种文化潮流 |
[22:38] | may have passed, but at the time– | 已经过去了 但在当时… |
[22:40] | No, at the time, it was as misogynistic as it is now, | 那软件当时也和现在一样歧视女性 |
[22:43] | wasn’t it, Mr. Bachmann? | 不是吗 巴赫曼先生 |
[22:45] | It– yes, it had some major problems– | 没错 它是有几个重大问题 |
[22:48] | Some major problems? Mr. Bachmann, a few moments ago | 几个重大问题 巴赫曼先生 几分钟前 |
[22:51] | you said that it showed great promise. | 你还说它有潜力呢 |
[22:53] | You said that. I can have the court reporter | 你确实说过 我可以让法庭书记员 |
[22:55] | read it back to you, Mr. Bachmann. | 读给你听 巴赫曼先生 |
[22:56] | I don’t need her to read it back to me. I can remember– | 不用她念给我听 我记得… |
[22:58] | Nip alert was poorly conceived | ‘乳报’的构架很差 |
[23:00] | and riddled with bugs, wasn’t it? | 而且程序满是问题 不是吗 |
[23:02] | Well, all apps in the beginning– | 所有软件在开始时… |
[23:04] | Mr. Bachmann, answer the question. | 巴赫曼先生 回答问题 |
[23:05] | You liked Nip Alert, and it was terrible. | 你喜欢’乳报’ 而它很烂 |
[23:08] | – No, I– I– – Didn’t you? | -不 我… -是不是 |
[23:09] | – Liking it– – Mr. Bachmann, | -喜欢它… -巴赫曼先生 |
[23:11] | you liked it, didn’t you? | 你喜欢它 对不对 |
[23:12] | Okay, yes, yes! Fine! Yes, I liked it, | 对 没错 我喜欢 |
[23:15] | Even though it was a terrible app and it had no market potential. | 即使它是个烂软件 毫无市场价值 |
[23:17] | I was high when he pitched it | 他拿给我看的时候我嗑嗨了 |
[23:19] | and I like nipples– | 而且我喜欢乳头 |
[23:20] | Thank you, Mr. Bachmann. | 谢谢 巴赫曼先生 |
[23:21] | It was a buggy, rapey piece of shit | 它就是个傻子设计出来的问题百出 |
[23:23] | designed by an idiot. | 诱人强奸的烂货 |
[23:24] | – Mr. Bachmann, thank you very much. – It was so bad | -巴赫曼先生 非常感谢 -它烂到 |
[23:26] | that the first time that | 理查德第一次 |
[23:27] | Richard tried to boot it up on his system, | 在他的电脑运行这个软件时 |
[23:28] | it crashed his laptop. It was in the shop for three days. | 他的笔记本就当机了 拿去店里修了三天 |
[23:31] | ‘Cause it was a piece of shit! | 那应用就是一坨屎 |
[23:37] | That… | 那个 |
[23:39] | I mean, among other things | 综合其他原因考虑 |
[23:41] | that weren’t that | 刚才那个并不算 |
[23:44] | were reasons why it was bad. | 就能说明那应用有多烂 |
[23:46] | No more questions, Your Honor. | 我没有问题了 法官大人 |
[23:47] | What the fuck is going on here? | 这他妈到底怎么回事 |
[23:52] | I don’t know what happened. He got in my head. | 我不知道刚怎么回事 他让我大脑一片空白 |
[23:54] | It’s a very uncharacteristic error. | 这个失误真的很不应该 |
[23:59] | They’re calling you next, Richard. | 他们下一个要传唤你 理查德 |
[24:01] | They want you on the stand in 10 minutes. | 他们让你十分钟后去作证 |
[24:04] | Great. So they figured it out. | 好极了 看来他们发现了 |
[24:06] | We’re fucked, aren’t we? | 我们全搞砸了 对吧 |
[24:08] | It looks that way. | 看来如此 |
[24:09] | Damn it, they’re gonna ask me if I ran a test of Pied Piper | 该死 他们会问我有没有在’互利’电脑上 |
[24:12] | on a hooli computer, and I’m gonna have to say yes. | 测试过’魔笛手’ 而我只能承认 |
[24:15] | What if you said no? | 如果你说没测试过呢 |
[24:18] | What are you talking about? | 你在说什么 |
[24:20] | Are you saying I should lie on the stand or something? | 你是说我应该在作证时说谎吗 |
[24:22] | Gentlemen, the less I know about this, the better. | 先生们 这事我知道的越少越好 |
[24:25] | Well, then it appears we’re in good hands, | 看来我们还真是找了位好帮手 |
[24:27] | because you don’t seem to know shit. | 因为感觉你屁都不懂 |
[24:30] | You’re a mean and terrible attorney. | 你就是位刻薄又无能的上庭律师 |
[24:33] | I’m not an attorney. | 我不是上庭律师 |
[24:37] | Richard, all they know | 理查德 他们只知道 |
[24:38] | is that you didn’t have your laptop | 在你做那个测试时 |
[24:40] | when you ran that test, | 你没法使用你的笔记本 |
[24:42] | so just tell them that you borrowed my laptop | 那就告诉他们 你是借用了我的笔记本 |
[24:44] | or you came home for lunch and used my computer. | 或者你趁吃中饭时回家用了我的电脑 |
[24:46] | Whatever you say, | 不论你怎么说 |
[24:48] | I’ll get back on the stand and then back you up. | 我都会再去作证 证实你的说法 |
[24:50] | That would be committing perjury. | 那是做伪证 |
[24:52] | That would be lying under oath. | 在宣誓之后撒谎 |
[24:53] | If you don’t lie, Richard, | 如果你不撒谎 理查德 |
[24:56] | you lose. | 这官司你输定了 |
[24:58] | We lose everything… | 我们会失去一切 |
[25:00] | the company, | 失去公司 |
[25:01] | 90% of what could potentially be a billion dollars– | 一个有可能资产上亿公司的90%份额 |
[25:06] | I mean, you know, because I have 10%. | 我是说 因为有10%是我的 |
[25:08] | I know. God damn it, I know. | 我知道 该死我当然清楚 |
[25:10] | Richard, do the right thing here. | 理查德 做你该做的事 |
[25:13] | Lie on the stand. | 在作证时撒谎 |
[25:16] | Mr. Hendricks, | 亨德里克斯先生 |
[25:18] | you are heterosexual, yes? | 你是异性恋 对吧 |
[25:20] | Uh, yes. | 对 |
[25:22] | How long has it been since you were in a relationship | 现在距你上一次与女人谈恋爱 |
[25:24] | with a woman, Mr. Hendricks? | 有多久了 亨德里克斯先生 |
[25:26] | Two years? Three? | 两年 或者三年 |
[25:28] | Uh, yeah, that sounds about right, I guess. | 对 差不多有那么久 |
[25:32] | You’re under oath. | 记住你发过誓 |
[25:34] | Um, longer. | 比那还久 |
[25:37] | So you’ve definitely had no girlfriend | 所以过去三年里 |
[25:40] | in the past three years? | 你根本没交过女朋友 |
[25:42] | This seems needlessly cruel. We all get it. | 不用这样揭人伤疤吧 我们都看得出来 |
[25:46] | Mr. Hendricks, | 亨德里克斯先生 |
[25:47] | when you refer to a girlfriend | 在与达头蒂先生所发的邮件里 |
[25:49] | in these emails to Mr. Bighetti, | 你提到的女朋友 |
[25:51] | to what are you referring? | 到底是指什么 |
[25:53] | My laptop computer. | 我的笔记本电脑 |
[25:54] | The same laptop | 据刚刚巴赫曼先生所言 |
[25:56] | that Mr. Bachman just told us | 在去年4月10日到12日 |
[25:57] | was in a shop for three days | 送到店里修理了三天的 |
[26:00] | from April 10th to the 12th of last year? | 是否是同一台电脑 |
[26:04] | Yes. Can we get to the point, please? | 是 我们能直入主题吗 |
[26:06] | Mr. Hendricks, did you at any time | 亨德里克斯先生 你是否曾经 |
[26:09] | use a Hooli computer to test and/or alter | 用’互利’的电脑测试并且/或者修改过 |
[26:13] | your Pied Piper algorithm? | 你的’魔笛手’算法 |
[26:18] | You’re under oath. | 记住你发过誓 |
[26:21] | I just– | 我只是 |
[26:24] | I just wanted to be different. | 我只是想与众不同 |
[26:27] | I wanted Pied Piper to be different. | 我希望’魔笛手’能与众不同 |
[26:30] | But if this company is built on lies, | 但如果这公司只有通过撒谎才能存活 |
[26:34] | then we’re really not much different than Hooli. | 那我们跟’互利’就没什么两样 |
[26:38] | The law says | 根据法律规定 |
[26:39] | that I lose everything– | 我会失去一切 |
[26:41] | my whole company, everything that I worked for– | 我的整个公司 我一直为之打拼的一切 |
[26:44] | because I used one Hooli computer | 就因为我用了’互利’的电脑 |
[26:46] | to test and modify one block. | 测试并修改了一个模块 |
[26:52] | Is that right? | 我说的对吗 |
[26:53] | I mean, is that– is that fair? | 我是说 这公平吗 |
[26:55] | To me, if the system says that’s fair, | 对我而言 如果整个行业认为这公平 |
[26:57] | then I guess I’m probably not meant to be a part of it. | 那我可能根本就不该入这行 |
[27:01] | Mr. Hendricks, please answer the question. | 亨德里克斯先生 请回答问题 |
[27:04] | Did you at any time use a Hooli computer… | 你有没有使用过’互利’的电脑 |
[27:07] | Yes. Yeah, I did. | 用过 对 我用过 |
[27:09] | I made a mistake and I did. | 我犯了错 我确实用过 |
[27:11] | I used a Hooli computer | 我用’互利’的电脑 |
[27:13] | to work on my algorithm one time. | 开发过我的算法 就那么一次 |
[27:16] | And so here you go. | 你们都听到了 |
[27:20] | It’s okay, Richard. You don’t have to protect me anymore. | 没事的 理查德 你不用再保护我了 |
[27:22] | I’m his girlfriend. | 我就是他的女朋友 |
[27:24] | Sit down, Mr. Bachman. | 坐下 巴赫曼先生 |
[27:26] | Judge, objection! I was the one | 法官大人 我发对 我就是那个 |
[27:28] | that was in the shop for those three days | 在那三天不得不进店修理的女友 |
[27:30] | ’cause he had hit it so hard, I needed a doctor. | 因为他实在太大力了 我得去看医生 |
[27:33] | Sit down, Mr. Bachman. | 坐下 巴赫曼先生 |
[27:38] | Hey, has anyone heard from Richard? | 理查德那边有消息了吗 |
[27:39] | Should I text him to see how the Arbitration’ going? | 我应该发短信问问他仲裁怎么样了吗 |
[27:42] | Hey, you can. | 你可以问 |
[27:44] | But right now it’s going both well and poorly. | 但现在即可能进展顺利 也可能一切搞砸 |
[27:48] | And if you get definitive information back and it’s bad, | 如果你得到确切消息说他们搞砸了 |
[27:51] | I could argue that you have | 我可以辩称正是因为你 |
[27:52] | effectively caused us to lose the arbitration. | 导致我们输掉了仲裁 |
[27:54] | Oh, he’s taking it down. | 他要拆摄像头了 |
[28:00] | All right, I am unclipped. | 好了 我没装安全绳 |
[28:01] | If you’re watching, I’m sorry. | 如果你在看 我很抱歉 |
[28:03] | I’m gonna go ahead and leave this egg here. | 我会把蛋留在这里 |
[28:05] | This camera does need to come down. | 这个摄像头必须要拆掉 |
[28:08] | That’s good. He’s leaving the egg. | 太好了 他会把蛋留下 |
[28:09] | The bolts are all rusted out here. | 这些螺栓都生锈了 |
[28:13] | You should have never called that museum, Jared. | 你不该给博物馆打电话的 贾里德 |
[28:14] | They’re on there pretty good. | 都锈得死死的 |
[28:24] | Holy shit. | 我操 |
[28:27] | Jared, you just killed that guy. | 贾里德 你刚害死了那家伙 |
[28:31] | I just got a text from Richard. | 我刚收到了理查德的短信 |
[28:34] | I’m not going to read it. | 我不会看的 |