时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:06] | Well, Richard, according to all of your test results, | 理查德 从你的体检结果看 |
[00:09] | you are what we in the medical field call | 在我们医学界 你称得上是 |
[00:11] | healthy. | 健康 |
[00:12] | In fact, you’ve got kind of a glow about you. | 实际上 你还挺神采奕奕的 |
[00:14] | – Oh, really? – Absolutely. | -真的吗 -当然 |
[00:16] | You know, if it were medically possible, | 要是医学允许的话 |
[00:17] | I might even think that you were pregnant. | 我可能都把你诊断为已孕 |
[00:19] | Of course, I thought my girlfriend was pregnant, | 当然 之前我也以为我女友有孕 |
[00:21] | and I was sure wrong about that. | 不过我肯定错了 |
[00:22] | Whoops! Hey, give me that ring back! | 靠 戒指还给我 |
[00:26] | Oh, what a mess. | 真是一团糟 |
[00:29] | What a mess that was. | 太糟糕了 |
[00:31] | So, been any big changes for you, | 最近有啥明显变化吗 |
[00:34] | diet or exercise? | 节食还是锻炼 |
[00:35] | Well, I actually got fired | 其实 我被人炒了鱿鱼 |
[00:36] | as CEO of my company. | 从我公司执行总裁的位置上 |
[00:38] | I’m working now as the CTO | 目前在做技术总监 |
[00:40] | under the new CEO, Jack Barker. | 受新执行总裁杰克·巴克领导 |
[00:42] | Wait a minute. You got a boss at your own company? | 等等 你在自己公司还有老板 |
[00:45] | Yeah, I know that sounds bad, | 对 我知道这听起来很坑爹 |
[00:47] | but honestly, he handles all the budgeting, | 说实话 他负责所有资金预算 |
[00:50] | all the VC funding. | 和风投注资事务 |
[00:52] | He just negotiated a great new lease on our new offices. | 他刚找到一块很棒的新场地 作我们的新办公室 |
[00:55] | I don’t know. I think this could be great for me. | 不知道 对我来说也许不错 |
[00:57] | Boy, I don’t think I could have another doctor | 少年 要是有其他医生在这儿当我老板 |
[00:59] | coming in here, being my boss. | 我可不愿意 |
[01:00] | No. It’d be like, “Hey, boss, | 不行 那就会变成 “老板 |
[01:02] | “Is it okay if I listen to his heart? | 我听听他的心脏行吗” |
[01:04] | “Can I do that? Oh, no? Sorry.” | “能听吗 不行啊 抱歉” |
[01:05] | “No, I won’t. Okay. | “我不听了 好吧 |
[01:06] | Whatever you say!” | 你说了算” |
[01:09] | – Ah, funny. – It is funny. Yeah. | -呵 搞笑 -是很搞笑啊 |
[01:12] | But listen, if it works for you, that’s great. | 听着 要是你能接受 那也很好 |
[01:14] | Just one more thing. | 还有件事 |
[01:16] | I’ve gotta check your testicles. | 我要检查一下你的睾丸 |
[01:18] | Oh my God. Okay. | 天哪 好吧 |
[01:19] | What, for like a hernia or something? | 看有没有疝气或别的毛病吗 |
[01:21] | No. I just wanna make sure they’re still there. | 不 只是想确认它们还健在 |
[01:47] | Oh, wow. This is going to be our office? | 哇 这以后就是咱办公室了 |
[01:51] | All of this? | 全都是吗 |
[01:52] | Yeah, Jack said we have the whole floor. | 对 杰克说这一层都是咱们的 |
[01:55] | Wow, look at that kitchen. This is great. | 哇 瞧瞧这厨房 好棒 |
[01:58] | Richard, is that our new logo? | 理查德 这是新标志吗 |
[02:01] | I like it. It’s clean and elegant, | 我喜欢 简洁又高雅 |
[02:04] | but not without some danger. | 还不失几分危险 |
[02:06] | Gentlemen, welcome. | 各位 欢迎 |
[02:08] | I moved away from the flute-playing guy. | 我撤掉了吹笛子的家伙的图标 |
[02:11] | I don’t know if you guys realized it, | 不知道你们发现了没 |
[02:13] | but that was a little phallic. | 那图案有点像生殖器 |
[02:15] | I didn’t want to waste your time with it, | 我可不想你们在图标上浪费时间 |
[02:16] | so I just pulled the trigger. | 所以我就自己换掉了 |
[02:18] | Mari Sheibley did this. | 玛丽·谢布莉设计的 |
[02:19] | Oh. Mari Sheibley. | 哦 玛丽·谢布莉 |
[02:21] | That must’ve set you back a bit. | 那一定让你破费了 |
[02:22] | No. She’s a friend. | 不 她是我朋友 |
[02:24] | Yeah. I know her… as well. | 我也… 认识她 |
[02:29] | Casually. | 泛泛之交 |
[02:30] | So, why don’t I show you guys your new home? | 我带大家看看新家吧 |
[02:32] | Hopefully, it lives up to your standards. | 希望符合你们的标准 |
[02:35] | Yeah, compared to the shit shack we’re used to, | 跟我们以前住的狗窝比 |
[02:38] | anything’s an improvement. | 简直没得比 |
[02:39] | Ah, an insult born of respect. | 相爱相杀啊 |
[02:41] | I’ll worry when we start complimenting each other. | 啥时候我们开始互捧就麻烦了 |
[02:44] | Fucking dick. | 老头真牛逼 |
[02:46] | I assume you saw Hiroki putting in the water feature. | 你们也许看到弘树在布置水景 |
[02:49] | Good feng shui. Gotta have that. | 有水景则风水好 |
[02:52] | This is the engineering area. | 这是工程设计区 |
[02:55] | We’re gonna work here? | 我们要在这工作吗 |
[02:56] | That is a separate, professionally-catered micro-kitchen back there. | 后面是独立迷你厨房 供应食物 均衡营养 |
[03:00] | I want you hungry here, never here. | 希望你们多补脑 少补胃 |
[03:03] | This is all great, but can we really afford all this? | 真是太棒了 可我们付得起房租吗 |
[03:06] | Hey, step into my office, Richard. | 来我办公室 理查德 |
[03:09] | – Here. – Okay. | -这儿 -好 |
[03:11] | I wanna show you something. | 我想给你看样东西 |
[03:12] | This is way better than Erlich’s shithole. | 这能把埃利希的狗窝甩粗十条街 |
[03:16] | 设 计 | |
[03:16] | 营 销 | |
[03:16] | “The Conjoined Triangles of Success”? | “连体三角成功学” |
[03:18] | I invented that, | 我提出的 |
[03:20] | and now it’s taught at business schools. | 现在被选入商学院教材 |
[03:23] | You see what’s on the bottom here? | 看到最后一行写什么了 |
[03:25] | The foundation of the whole thing. | 所有一切的基础 |
[03:27] | – Growth? – Growth. | -成长 -成长 |
[03:30] | The more brilliant people we can get working here, | 跟我们一起工作的人才越优秀 |
[03:34] | then the faster we can get whatever is in your head out into the world. | 世界就能越快看到你的本事 |
[03:38] | Let me tell you a story. | 跟你讲个故事 |
[03:41] | In 1999, | 九九年 |
[03:42] | Google was a little startup, just like we are. | 谷歌只是家小公司 跟我们挺像 |
[03:47] | And when they started bringing in chefs and masseuses, | 当他们给公司安排了厨师和按摩师的时候 |
[03:50] | we thought, “They’re nuts!” | 我们想 “他们疯了吧” |
[03:52] | But they were attracting the best possible people, | 可他们其实是在吸引最合适的人才 |
[03:55] | and they were able to create the best product, | 所以他们能创造出最好的产品 |
[03:57] | and now they’re worth over $400 billion. | 现在他们市值超过四千亿美元 |
[04:00] | And do you know the name of that company? | 你知道这家公司的名字吗 |
[04:05] | Google, right? You said it at the beginning of the story. | 谷歌是吧 故事一开头你就说了 |
[04:08] | You’re right. I did that wrong. | 没错 是我剧透太早 |
[04:12] | And the whole point is | 重点就是 |
[04:13] | that all of this is a sound investment | 只要我们能招到最优秀的人才 |
[04:16] | as long as we are able to get the best people | 制造出最好的产品 |
[04:18] | and make the best possible product. | 这一切都是合理投资 |
[04:22] | All right. Winner gets the big monitor. | 赢的人用大显示器 |
[04:25] | I understand how this works. | 我懂规则 |
[04:27] | Ready? | 准备好了 |
[04:29] | Rock, paper, scissors, shoot. | 石头 剪刀 布 |
[04:33] | Suck it. | 懵逼了吧 |
[04:34] | I should’ve known you’d throw rock. | 我该想到你会出石头 |
[04:36] | That’s all you know in Pakistan. It’s in your blood. | 你们巴基斯坦最喜欢耍诈 简直是天性 |
[04:39] | Don’t you guys call it “Rock, Rock, Rock”? | 你们是不是喊”石头 石头 石头” |
[04:40] | That’s funny. You should type up all your racist jokes | 搞笑 你该把你所有的种族歧视笑话都打出来 |
[04:43] | – on your tiny monitor. – Is that monitor not big enough? | -在你的小屏幕上 -这显示器是不是不够大 |
[04:45] | You need a bigger monitor? | 你需要个更大的吗 |
[04:47] | You just put it on the list over there, | 写在那个采购表上 |
[04:49] | and our purchasing guy will hook you up. | 采购员会帮你搞定 |
[04:51] | – Seriously? – Absolutely. | -真的吗 -当然 |
[04:53] | Hey, Jared, how about you? You need any new gear for the office? | 你呢 杰瑞德 办公室需要什么新装备吗 |
[04:57] | No, I’m BYOC. | 我电脑自备 |
[05:00] | Let me know if you need anything. | 需要什么告诉我一声 |
[05:03] | Richard, do you think it’d be okay if I took this box? | 理查德 我带走这箱子合适吗 |
[05:06] | I’m moving out of Noah’s guest house after work. | 我下班后打算搬出诺亚的客房 |
[05:09] | And you want to sleep in that box? | 你打算住这箱子里吗 |
[05:12] | No. | 不 |
[05:13] | I haven’t slept in a box in years. Stop. | 我已经好几年不住箱子了 少来 |
[05:16] | Now that Pied Piper’s funded, | 现在魔笛手有钱了 |
[05:18] | I have enough money to move back into my condo. | 我有足够的钱搬回我的公寓了 |
[05:21] | Congratulations. | 恭喜啊 |
[05:23] | I thought you sold it. | 我以为你把它卖了呢 |
[05:24] | No, I’ve been AirBNB’ing it out | 我在”空中食宿”[空置房源租赁网]把它租出去 |
[05:26] | to cover the mortgage. | 来还贷款 |
[05:27] | But it’ll be good to get home. | 不过回家的感觉很好 |
[05:29] | I’ve been missing my tub a lot, | 我都想死我的浴缸了 |
[05:30] | and Noah’s been using a lot of hate speech with me lately, | 诺亚最近一直对我恶语相向 |
[05:34] | so moving will be a good thing. | 所以搬走是件好事 |
[05:36] | All right, guys, think I’m gonna take off | 兄弟们 我要走了 |
[05:37] | unless you need me to stick around, help you transition. | 需不需要我帮你们适应 |
[05:40] | – I… – By doing what? | -我… -怎么帮呢 |
[05:43] | I could introduce you to some of the people that work here. | 我可以介绍一些在这工作的人给你们 |
[05:46] | I made some major inroads with Hiroki. | 我跟弘树关系不错 |
[05:49] | Why would we want that? | 我们干嘛需要这个 |
[05:54] | Fair… yeah, fair point. | 有… 有道理 |
[05:55] | So, welcome to your new home. | 总之 欢迎到新家来 |
[05:57] | Enjoy it, guys. I gave you this. | 玩的开心 各位 这是我给的 |
[06:06] | Sorry. Sorry. | 不好意思 |
[06:11] | How was everyone’s morning? | 大家早上好啊 |
[06:14] | Let me tell you about mine. | 我来讲讲我一早上干了什么 |
[06:16] | I started my day, as I always do, | 我在”互利搜索”输入我名字 |
[06:18] | by typing my own name into Hooli-Search. | 一如以往地开始我的日常 |
[06:20] | I enjoy the ritual, which is designed to center me. | 我喜欢程式化 它使我集中注意力 |
[06:25] | But lately, it’s been doing the opposite. | 可它很快起到了反作用 |
[06:27] | Whose work station is this? | 这是谁的工作站 |
[06:31] | Observe. | 看好了 |
[06:37] | These are all remnants of a time | 都是我撤销纽核力之前 |
[06:38] | before I wrote Nucleus down. | 一段时间的残余信息 |
[06:40] | Why are we allowing our own technology | 为何我们允许自己的技术 |
[06:43] | to dredge up our painful past? | 挖掘出我们痛苦的过去呢 |
[06:45] | Why is it that when I type my own name | 为啥在自己公司的搜索引擎上 |
[06:48] | into my own company search engine, | 输入自己的名字后 |
[06:50] | the fucking Internet rains shit-bolts down on me? | 妈逼的网络就往我身上喷屎 |
[06:53] | I want this to stop! | 别让我 再看到这些 |
[06:57] | These articles are part of the public record. | 这些文章是公共记录的一部分 |
[07:00] | Your point? | 你的意思是 |
[07:03] | Are you suggesting that we alter | 你是在暗示我们 |
[07:04] | the fundamental neutrality of the Hooli-Search algorithm? | 修改互利引擎根本中立的算法吗 |
[07:07] | That’s a clear violation of the public trust. | 这分明是对公众信任的侵犯 |
[07:10] | Yelp is threatening to sue Google for this very thing. | 大众点评因为这事一直威胁要起诉谷歌 |
[07:12] | I can’t, in good conscience, | 良心不允许我这么做 |
[07:14] | order Hooli-Search engineers to do that. | 叫互利引擎的工程师们改吧 |
[07:16] | I never suggested anything of the sort. | 我从没暗示过这种事 |
[07:18] | No Hooli-Search engineer | 互利搜索引擎的工程师 |
[07:21] | will ever be asked to alter the neutrality of the algorithm. | 不会被要求去修改算法的中立 |
[07:27] | And so, Gavin doesn’t want to see | 加文也不想在互利引擎上 |
[07:29] | any more negative mentions of Nucleus on Hooli-Search. | 看见更多纽核力的负面新闻 |
[07:33] | So… we’re gonna alter the search algorithm? | 那… 我们要修改搜索的算法吗 |
[07:36] | Of course not. That would be unethical. | 当然不行 这不道德 |
[07:38] | What are we supposed to do? | 那我们该怎么办 |
[07:40] | Promote other websites to outrank the bad Nucleus news? | 把其它网挪到纽核力负面新闻之前 |
[07:42] | Do you have any idea how big a fucking job that is? | 你们知道这种活儿有多他妈难搞吗 |
[07:45] | Don’t you swear at me. | 你别骂我啊 |
[07:47] | We don’t work here anymore. | 我们不在这干了 |
[07:49] | For 10 more days you do! | 还有十天呢 |
[07:50] | Unless you’d all like to quit | 除非你们想净身出局 |
[07:52] | and walk away from your entire severance packages! | 一分钱遣散费都别要了 |
[07:56] | Amazing. | 装逼 |
[08:12] | Jared. Whoa. | 哇 杰瑞德 |
[08:14] | What’s up? | 还好吗 |
[08:15] | Hi. Umm… | 还好… |
[08:17] | I’m sorry, I’m a little confused. | 对不起 我有点疑惑 |
[08:19] | You… you were supposed to be out on Tuesday. | 你… 不是周二搬出的吗 |
[08:23] | Oh, I was, but plans have changed. | 本来是的 不过计划有变 |
[08:25] | See… | 知道吗… |
[08:27] | I can’t really afford to move or pay rent, | 我付不起房租 也搬不起家了 |
[08:29] | so I’m gonna have to stay a little while. | 所以我得再多住一段时间 |
[08:31] | Okay, look… | 是这样… |
[08:33] | I appreciate your situation, | 我理解你的处境 |
[08:35] | but… you’re breaking the terms of our contract. | 可… 你违反了我们合同的条款 |
[08:38] | Listen, I don’t want to be a dick, | 我不想做个混蛋 |
[08:40] | it’s just I can’t afford to live around here. | 只是我住不起这附近的房子 |
[08:42] | ’cause the rent is so high, | 房租太高了 |
[08:43] | because of the tech companies, right? | 科技公司导致的 对吧 |
[08:45] | And you bought this place with the money you made | 你拿你在科技公司挣的钱 |
[08:48] | working at the tech companies, | 买下这个地方 |
[08:49] | so… it kind of all evens out, right? | 所以… 似乎扯平了 |
[08:53] | That… that makes no sense. | 这… 说不过去 |
[08:55] | I know. Right? | 我知道啊 |
[08:57] | Okay, look, I can give you a few days, | 行吧 我可以再给你几天时间 |
[09:00] | two weeks tops, | 最多两周 |
[09:01] | but if you’re not out by then, | 如果到时你还没搬走 |
[09:03] | I’m gonna have to take legal action. | 我就采取法律手段了 |
[09:07] | This bums me out, man. | 这有点伤人啊 哥们 |
[09:08] | I thought you were like the one cool tech guy. | 我以为你是那种很酷的技术人员 |
[09:12] | Me? | 我吗 |
[09:15] | Are you sure? | 你确定吗 |
[09:16] | Not anymore. | 现在不是了 |
[09:18] | Well… | 这… |
[09:21] | Well, the occupant of a residence in California | 在加州 房屋的居住者 |
[09:24] | has almost unlimited rights. | 几乎有无限的权利 |
[09:25] | I have to get his permission to enter my property. | 我必须经他允许才能进我自己的房子 |
[09:29] | I can’t turn off the power or the gas, | 还不能断掉水电或煤气 |
[09:30] | and I have to hire a lawyer to start a legal eviction. | 我得请个律师帮我合法收回 |
[09:33] | That won’t be cheap. | 这得花不少钱呢 |
[09:34] | Jeez, man. I’m sorry. That sucks. | 天啊 哥们 太糟了 |
[09:37] | So, where did you sleep last night? | 你昨晚在哪儿睡的 |
[09:39] | I did not. How was your sleep? | 我没睡 你睡得咋样 |
[09:42] | It was… it was good, yeah. | 挺… 挺好的 |
[09:44] | I mean, I slept like a stone. | 睡得挺熟的 |
[09:45] | It’s odd not having to do everything ourselves, isn’t it? | 不用自己包办所有活儿 是不是不太习惯 |
[09:48] | Yeah, I’m… I’m kinda loving it. | 是啊 我… 我觉得还行 |
[09:50] | Hey, you ready to go to work? | 二位 准备去上班了吗 |
[09:53] | Chef Amy asked us what we wanted for breakfast, | 艾米大厨问我们早饭想吃什么 |
[09:55] | and I said, “Surprise us.” | 我就说 “来点惊喜呗” |
[09:57] | Could be anything. Let’s go! | 一切皆有可能 走吧 |
[09:59] | When was the last time you saw those two | 你多久没见过这俩个家伙 |
[10:02] | – go anywhere before noon? – Indeed. | -在正午前就出门了 -就是 |
[10:04] | Well, let’s go get some gluten-free waffles. | 去吃免麸华夫饼吧 |
[10:09] | Oh. Sorry about the surprise. | 抱歉 毁了这个惊喜 |
[10:11] | – I don’t care. – I asked Chef Amy to tell me. | -没事儿 -我让艾米大厨告诉我的 |
[10:13] | I have too many dietary restrictions | 我的饮食限制比较多 |
[10:15] | to leave breakfast to chance. | 没法随心所欲吃早餐 |
[10:17] | – Makes sense. – Ah, two of my incubees | -可不是嘛 -两只幼鸟[被孵人] |
[10:19] | off to eat the world. | 要去征服世界啦 |
[10:21] | Be well, work hard, and know one another. | 保重 努力工作 广交朋友 |
[10:26] | Okay. | 好 |
[10:27] | I recently helped them install a new CEO at Pied Piper. | 我刚帮他们给魔笛手找了个新执行总裁 |
[10:30] | I needed to take a more hands-off approach, | 我得多采取不干预政策 |
[10:32] | focus on the future… incubees, like yourself, | 得多放眼未来… 关注你这样的 |
[10:36] | with great ideas, like cataloging malware. | 有分类处理恶意软件这种天才想法的被孵人 |
[10:39] | Sexy. Uh, would you care for another coconut water? | 很诱人 要不要再来瓶椰子水 |
[10:43] | They are the most expensive unpasteurized variety, | 这是未经高温消毒的产品里最贵的 |
[10:47] | if that’s any concern. | 如果有啥说道的话 |
[10:49] | Actually, my concern is the room. | 其实 我想说说这屋子 |
[10:53] | It’s kind of a dump. | 简直像个垃圾场 |
[10:54] | Oh, sure, now. | 对 暂时的而已 |
[10:56] | But with a new coat of paint, | 等给它新刷过一遍漆 |
[10:58] | you’ll hardly recognize the place when you move in next month. | 保证你下个月入住时都认不出来 |
[11:01] | Actually… | 其实呢… |
[11:03] | shit’s pivoted. | 情况有变 |
[11:04] | I need a place next week. | 我下周就得有地儿住 |
[11:06] | Next week? Oh, shit has pivoted. | 下周 情况变得真尼玛快 |
[11:08] | Well, I’ll talk to the current tenant. | 我会跟现在那个住户说 |
[11:10] | Let him know that the time has… come. | 让他知道离别之日已经… 到来 |
[11:14] | Mother… fuck. | 日啊… 你大爷 |
[11:18] | Yeah, put him on a slow boat to China, so to speak. | 正所谓 让他”坐条慢船回中国”[极其耗时的事] |
[11:21] | I’m sorry. It just slipped out. | 很抱歉 随口说漏了 |
[11:23] | I’ll ask Chef Amy to make you something else. | 我会叫艾米大厨做点别的 |
[11:25] | No, no, no, I want waffles. | 不不不 华夫饼挺好 |
[11:27] | I just wanted them to be a surprise, Jared. | 我只是想有个惊喜而已 杰瑞德 |
[11:29] | I wanted surprise waffles. | 从天而降的华夫饼 |
[11:31] | Who are these people? | 这些人是谁 |
[11:33] | Uh, I don’t know. | 不知道啊 |
[11:35] | Did Jack hire engineers already? | 杰克雇了新的工程师 |
[11:37] | These people are not in the engineering gene pool. | 这些人一看就不是工程师 |
[11:40] | That’s right, fellas. | 没错 伙计们 |
[11:41] | These are our new sales people. | 他们是新来的销售人员 |
[11:43] | They’re the best in the business. | 业内顶尖高手 |
[11:48] | Sales? Uh, Jack? | 销售吗 杰克 |
[11:50] | Jack? | 杰克 |
[11:52] | Shouldn’t we hire engineers to build the platform | 不是该先聘请工程师建好平台 |
[11:55] | before we get people to sell it? | 再找人去销售吗 |
[11:57] | No. | 不 |
[11:59] | God, no! | 怎么会 |
[12:03] | The system, Richard. | 理查德 在这个系统 |
[12:04] | Sales and engineering are the two pillars | 在”连体三角成功学”的体系中 |
[12:07] | of the Conjoined Triangles of Success. | 销售员和工程师是两大支柱 |
[12:09] | Yeah. | 对 |
[12:09] | Engineering and sales must work together | 工程师和销售人员必须合力 |
[12:12] | to decide what to build. | 来决定建造什么 |
[12:14] | Who knows better what the customers need | 谁比每天跟客户打交道的人 |
[12:17] | than the people who actually deal with the customers every single day? | 更了解客户的需求呢 |
[12:20] | We’re all gonna meet at 1:00, Richard. | 理查德 咱们下午一点碰个头 |
[12:22] | You’re gonna love these guys. They’re the best. | 你会爱上这群家伙的 他们超棒 |
[12:26] | So, while the Hooli lawsuit did hamper our ability to get funding, | 尽管和互利的官司有损我们融资的能力 |
[12:30] | it did not slow down the engineering. | 可设计工程并未受影响 |
[12:33] | Yes, question? | 好的 请说 |
[12:34] | Yeah, Keith, Northeast Regional. | 我是基斯 来自东北区域公司 |
[12:35] | So, you don’t foresee any technical debt issues | 你并不认为有何技术债务问题 |
[12:39] | slowing our ability to scale? | 影响到我们的发展速度 |
[12:41] | Actually, no, none whatsoever. | 事实上 我完全不觉得 |
[12:43] | We’ve identified all our underlying issues, | 我们已认识到所有潜在问题 |
[12:45] | and we have a plan in place for rapid growth. | 并且有保证快速发展的方案 |
[12:47] | Uh, yes? | 请说 |
[12:49] | Don, Global Accounts and Systems Integration. | 我是唐 全球账户与系统集成公司的 |
[12:52] | What kind of growth are you projecting here? | 你前面指的是哪种发展 |
[12:54] | Well, this may sound a little bit grandiose, | 尽管貌似有点不切实际 |
[12:58] | but it’s not unrealistic to think that we have the potential | 不过我们有潜质成为一个 |
[13:02] | for worldwide penetration on the scale of, | 渗透世界各地的巨型企业 |
[13:04] | say, Google or Facebook. | 比如 谷歌或脸书 |
[13:07] | This is really great, Richard. Just keep going. | 说的很好 理查德 继续吧 |
[13:10] | Sure. Yeah. | 好的 |
[13:11] | Well, in regards to the launch, | 就产品上市而言 |
[13:16] | we are hoping to go wide, | 我们想扩展范围 |
[13:18] | get it into the hands of as many people as possible. | 吸引尽可能多的人使用我们的产品 |
[13:20] | Jan, Director, Inside Sales. | 我是简 内部销售公司经理 |
[13:23] | They call me “Jan the Man.” | 别人称我 “简强大” |
[13:24] | When you say “People,” you mean “Companies,” right? | 你说的”人” 指的是”企业”吧 |
[13:27] | – Yeah, we’re business-facing. – Okay, just wanted to clarify. | -对 的确是面向企业的 -那好 就想证实一下 |
[13:29] | Actually, no. No, sorry, Jan the Man. | 抱歉 “简强大” 其实并不是 |
[13:32] | By “People,” I do mean “People.” | 我说的”人” 指的就是”人们” |
[13:34] | Humans. Consumers. | 普通人 消费者 |
[13:36] | Uh, Keith, Northeast Regional, again. | 还是我 基斯 东北区域公司 |
[13:39] | Jack told us | 杰克说 |
[13:40] | we would be selling directly to businesses. | 我们将直接把产品卖给企业 |
[13:44] | – He did? – Doug. I’m shadowing Keith. | -他说了吗 -我是道格 基斯的学徒 |
[13:46] | – Yes, he did. – Definitely. I was there. | -他是说了 -没错 我当时在场 |
[13:48] | Don, again. | 还是我 唐 |
[13:50] | Well, I’m sorry for the misunderstanding, | 很抱歉大家误会了 |
[13:52] | because the plan has always been… | 不过计划一直是… |
[13:54] | entirely based on the freemium model, like Dropbox? | 完全基于免费增值服务的模式 像雨盒子[在线存储服务] |
[13:59] | You know, you give the platform away free to consumers, | 把这平台免费供顾客使用 |
[14:02] | and then once you have a big enough user base, | 等积累了足够大的用户量 |
[14:04] | then you sell premium services to businesses. | 再把高端服务卖给企业 |
[14:07] | If we’re giving it away now | 如果现在给人免费用 |
[14:08] | and waiting until later to sell it, | 等以后人够多了再卖 |
[14:10] | what are we doing here now? | 那我们这会 在干嘛呢 |
[14:15] | I don’t know. I don’t know. | 不知道 我不清楚 |
[14:16] | We could maybe ask Jack… | 也许可以问问杰克… |
[14:19] | when he gets back from wherever… | 等他回来之后… |
[14:23] | Sorry, one second. Just… just one moment. | 抱歉 请稍等… 一会儿 |
[14:26] | Jack. Sorry, Jack. | 抱歉 杰克 |
[14:27] | Sorry. Excuse me, Jack. | 不好意思 等一下 杰克 |
[14:30] | Are you leaving? | 你要出去吗 |
[14:32] | Oh, I have this charity wine thing. | 嗯 我得参加一个慈善酒会 |
[14:34] | Sorry, I committed to it months ago, | 抱歉 几个月前就说好了的 |
[14:36] | but you are killing it in there, Richard. | 不过你的表现很惊艳 理查德 |
[14:38] | Uh, well, actually no. | 并没有 |
[14:40] | Sorry. They just said | 抱歉 他们刚才说 |
[14:43] | that you told them that we would be business-facing? | 你跟他们说咱们是面向企业的 |
[14:46] | Ah, they filled you in. That’s good. | 他们告诉你了 很好 |
[14:48] | I was under the impression that we would be consumer first. | 我以为咱们是消费者优先的 |
[14:51] | My guys are pretty set on that. | 我们这帮人都已经决定好了 |
[14:55] | Richard, I read your deck, | 理查德 我看了你的平台 |
[14:57] | and you projected it’ll be four years until we get to revenue? | 你计划四年后才能盈利 |
[15:00] | Uh, yeah. | 是啊 |
[15:02] | You know we’re in a bubble right now, right? | 你知道我们身处泡沫经济中 对吧 |
[15:05] | Or maybe you don’t know. You weren’t around for the last bubble. | 也许你不知道 上次泡沫经济的时候你还不懂事 |
[15:07] | You were probably in diapers. | 可能还在用尿片子 |
[15:09] | – I was 11. – Well, I wasn’t in diapers. | -那年我11岁 -反正我当时不用了 |
[15:12] | I don’t… I wasn’t either. | 我也… 我也不用了 |
[15:14] | I was there. | 我是见证者 |
[15:15] | And in March of 2000, do you know when a four-year plan ended? | 2000年3月 你知道四年计划何时终止的吗 |
[15:20] | April of 2000. | 2000年4月 |
[15:23] | We gotta move, now. | 我们必须立刻行动 |
[15:25] | We can’t put all of our eggs | 不能把所有筹码 |
[15:26] | the pot-of-gold-at-the-end-of-the-rainbow basket. | 都放进装彩虹尽头金罐的篮子里[指不现实] |
[15:30] | So, the… the pot of gold is in the basket? | 金罐… 在篮子里 |
[15:34] | Richard, these are the best salespeople in the world, | 理查德 这些是世界顶尖销售人员 |
[15:38] | and when they tell me that business-facing is the play, | 他们要是说面向企业才是正轨 |
[15:41] | I gotta listen to that, okay? | 我得听他们的 知道吗 |
[15:42] | That’s fair, but it’s… | 我明白 可这… |
[15:44] | I’m just asking you to talk to your guys | 我只想叫你去和你那帮人谈谈 |
[15:46] | about modifying your platform for enterprise. | 把你们的平台转向为企业服务 |
[15:49] | I mean, just… just see how it feels, okay? | 反正… 先试一下 好吗 |
[15:52] | And no matter what happens, | 不管发生什么 |
[15:53] | I promise you this: | 我向你保证 |
[15:55] | I will never compromise the product. | 我绝不损害产品利益 |
[15:57] | Okay. Okay. | 好吧 |
[15:59] | Fine, I will talk to my guys, | 好吧 我会跟他们说 |
[16:00] | but they’re not gonna be happy about it. | 可他们不会高兴的 |
[16:03] | No, of course not. They’re engineers. | 当然不会 他们是工程师嘛 |
[16:05] | I’ll see you later. | 回见 |
[16:06] | I realize this is a Japanese tradition and that you are Chinese. | 我发现这是日本传统 而你是中国人 |
[16:11] | I’m not racist. | 我不是种族歧视者 |
[16:12] | Yes, Japanese people racist. | 日本人是种族歧视者 |
[16:15] | – They are horrible. – No. No, no. | -他们坏到掉渣 -不是这样的 |
[16:19] | Jian-Yang, in every relationship, | 杨靖 在每段关系中 |
[16:21] | there are ebbs and flows. | 都有潮起潮落 |
[16:24] | – Ebbs? – Yes. | -潮落 -是的 |
[16:26] | And although we have flowed, | 尽管经历过潮起 |
[16:28] | our relationship now | 咱们的关系现在 |
[16:29] | has come to a permanent ebbing. | 变成永恒的潮落 |
[16:32] | – Flow. – No. | -潮起 -不对 |
[16:34] | No. | 不对 |
[16:37] | We have come to a permanent ebb. | 咱们的关系得彻底结束了 |
[16:39] | Do you understand? | 你明白吗 |
[16:42] | So, you want me to leave the house? | 你想要我搬出去是吧 |
[16:44] | Yes. Yes. Very much so. | 对 正是如此 |
[16:48] | And so, I thank you… | 因此 我要为今天… |
[16:50] | for our today. | 感谢你 |
[16:56] | Now you bow. | 该你鞠躬了 |
[17:00] | Bow. | 鞠躬 |
[17:02] | All the way to the waist. | 要一直弯到腰部 |
[17:03] | N-no. | 不要 |
[17:05] | – Okay. – Thank you, Elrich. | -好吧 -谢谢你 埃利希 |
[17:09] | Goodbye, little one. | 再见了 小家伙 |
[17:11] | I’m gonna miss you. | 我会想念你的 |
[17:16] | Can’t say it wasn’t fun, Jian-Yang… | 杨靖 这段时间挺美好… |
[17:19] | you little Cantonese bastard. | 你这个广东小瘪三 |
[17:24] | – Hey, you like this? – What are you doing? | -喜欢这个不 -你干啥呢 |
[17:27] | Hi, my name’s Erlich Bachman. | 喂 我叫埃利希·巴克曼 |
[17:29] | I’m a lying fuck! | 我是个骗人的贱逼 |
[17:31] | Who… who are you yelling at? | 你… 你在朝谁喊呢 |
[17:32] | We’re the only two people in the fucking house! | 这他妈的屋里只有咱俩 |
[17:34] | Erlich a liar! | 埃利希是个骗子 |
[17:36] | You’re not gonna get me to change my opinion about myself. | 你不能改变我对自己的看法 |
[17:38] | – Liar! – Take that outta there! | -骗子 -你给我拿出来 |
[17:40] | I don’t know, Richard. I don’t think it’s that big a deal. | 我不知道 理查德 我觉得这不算什么 |
[17:43] | Really, you don’t? You’re okay with being business first? | 真的吗 咱们面向企业你没所谓吗 |
[17:45] | Granted, it’s not what we would do if we were in charge, | 的确 我们要是管事就有所谓了 |
[17:48] | but Jack seems to know what he’s doing. | 可杰克貌似明白自己在干什么 |
[17:52] | This is fucking amazing. | 太他妈神奇了 |
[17:53] | I feel like I’m in “Minority Report.” | 我像是在”少数派报告”[汤姆·克鲁斯的科幻电影]里 |
[17:55] | And in reality, you’re just a minority. | 在现实里 你就是个少数派[双关: 少数族裔] |
[17:57] | Richard, relax. We’re still building the neural net. | 理查德 放心 我们还在构建神经网络 |
[18:00] | We still get to do all the cool stuff, right? | 还能做一切酷炫的东西 是吧 |
[18:02] | Yeah, of course. | 是啊 当然 |
[18:03] | We’re not scrapping any peer-to-peer delivery? | 我们不会抛弃任何点对点传送吧 |
[18:06] | No, no, definitely not. | 不不 当然不会 |
[18:07] | So, we’re still doing the same stuff, just in a different order. | 所以 我们做的事没变 只是顺序不同了 |
[18:11] | Yeah, I guess you’re right. | 好吧 也许你是对的 |
[18:12] | Well, the eviction process is officially underway, | 驱逐程序正式开始了 |
[18:15] | but my attorney says it may take up to a year. | 可我律师说可能得花一年时间 |
[18:18] | – Where are you gonna stay? – Well, I always have my trick. | -那你要住哪儿 -这个嘛 我有我的秘诀 |
[18:23] | All right, I’ll bite. What’s your trick? | 说来听听 什么秘诀 |
[18:25] | I simply imagine that my skeleton is me, | 想象我的骨架是我自己 |
[18:29] | and my body is my house, | 而我的肉身是我的房子 |
[18:32] | and that way, I’m always home. | 这样 我就一直在家呢 |
[18:37] | Okay. Well… | 好吧… |
[18:38] | we are now business-facing. I don’t know if you heard. | 你听说没 我们现在面向企业了 |
[18:42] | That means we have to rewrite our entire deck. | 所以我们得重写整个平台 |
[18:44] | I just hope it doesn’t put us way the fuck behind. | 希望这他妈不会让我们落后 |
[18:47] | Behind who? EndFrame sucks | 落在谁后面 “尾帧”很垃圾 |
[18:48] | and Nucleus shit the bed, remember? | 而纽核力搞砸了 记得吗 |
[18:50] | Yeah, yeah. You’re right, you’re right. | 你说的对 说的对 |
[18:57] | This is endless. | 这没个头啊 |
[18:59] | If we worked this hard on Nucleus in the first place, | 要是开始在纽核力也这么下功夫 |
[19:01] | we probably wouldn’t be scrubbing it right now. | 我们现在也不用擦屁股了 |
[19:03] | – Dude, are you done? – Yup. | -兄弟 搞完了没 -好了 |
[19:05] | How’d you script digest all those strings so fast? | 你的脚本怎么能这么快地消化所有字串 |
[19:08] | I don’t know. It’s just a predictive loop. | 不知道 就是个预测循环[重复指令] |
[19:10] | Actually, it’s sort of like a context tree. | 说真的 有点像”关系树” |
[19:22] | Holy shit. | 我擦 |
[19:27] | What’s up? | 怎么了 |
[19:32] | Jared, why don’t we knock off for tonight? | 杰瑞德 今晚就到这里吧 |
[19:34] | Just pick this back up tomorrow morning? | 明早再继续奋斗 |
[19:35] | Agreed. | 同意 |
[19:37] | I’m going on close to 40 hours without good sleep, | 我已经连续四十多小时没好好睡了 |
[19:40] | and the edges of things are starting to get a little dancey. | 看东西都是模糊的 |
[19:44] | What? | 什么 |
[19:46] | Erlich, thank you again for allowing me to occupy | 埃利希 再次感谢你收留我 |
[19:48] | a corner of your cozy garage. | 住你舒适的车库一角 |
[19:51] | It is my hearth and my home. | 那儿就是我温暖的家 |
[19:53] | What the fuck? | 搞什么鬼 |
[19:54] | Jian-Yang, Jesus Christ, | 杨靖 我的关二老爷 |
[19:56] | don’t sneak up on people like that, you devious little bastard, | 不带这么吓人的 你个小混蛋 |
[19:58] | especially if they’re cleaning glassware. | 尤其别在人家洗玻璃品的时候吓人 |
[20:00] | You kick me out, but you let him stay. | 你赶我走 却留他住 |
[20:04] | He’s not even an incubee. | 他都不是个被孵人 |
[20:05] | No, he’s not, and he’s not staying in the house. | 不是的 他不住屋里 |
[20:08] | He’s in the garage, like a sad bag of potting soil. | 他住车库里 像袋可悲的盆栽土[车库永久存放品] |
[20:11] | Have some compassion. | 有点同情心吧 |
[20:13] | I mean, the guy rented his place | 他把他房子租出去 |
[20:14] | to some fuckhead tenant who won’t leave. | 被几个死活不挪窝的混蛋占着 |
[20:17] | Jared is fucked, Jian-Yang. | 杰瑞德都累翻了 杨靖 |
[20:19] | He can go to the police. | 他可以报警 |
[20:20] | It’s useless. California law gives landlords | 没用的 加州法律没给房东 |
[20:23] | literally no recourse. | 任何追索权 |
[20:24] | So, he can go to court. | 那他可以告上法庭 |
[20:26] | Of course, he’s going to go to court, | 当然 他是要上法庭 |
[20:29] | you four-eyed turd. | 你个四眼臭狗屎 |
[20:30] | But in America, the legal system doesn’t work very well, | 可美国的司法系统并不是很有效 |
[20:33] | so it will take at least a year | 案子至少要拖一年 |
[20:35] | for the proceedings to even begin. | 法律程序才能开启 |
[20:37] | Do you understand that? | 你明白吗 |
[20:38] | Yes. I stay here for one year. | 明白 我在这住一年 |
[20:41] | I pay no rent. | 不用交租 |
[20:43] | You have no recourse. | 你还拿我没办法 |
[20:47] | That’s not always the case. I mean, | 你小子等着 |
[20:49] | sometimes court systems can move faster, | 有时司法系统可以快马加鞭 |
[20:51] | especially if you have money for… | 尤其当你有钱去… |
[20:52] | I’m going to smoke in my room. | 我要在我屋里抽烟 |
[20:53] | – Special occasion. – Mother fuck. | -值得庆祝 -操他妈的 |
[20:56] | If we stack that same loop on top of the bit-level encoder | 如果我们把同一循环堆在这个 |
[20:59] | that we took from Hendricks, | 亨德里克斯的位元编码器上 |
[21:00] | and then we tethered it to the routine we were trying to use… | 再把它栓联到之前我们想用的那个模块… |
[21:03] | That would be a huge jump in speed. | 速度会有很大提升 |
[21:05] | This is mega. This is what Hendricks did at Tech Crunch Disrupt. | 牛啊 这是亨德里克斯在”科技博客”创业展会上做的 |
[21:09] | I think we just cracked middle-out. | 我们破解了发散压缩算法 |
[21:11] | We should probably tell Gavin, right? | 也许该告诉加文吧 |
[21:15] | Why? He fired us. | 为什么 他炒了我们 |
[21:17] | You know how much we could get paid | 如果我们把这个带去别处 |
[21:19] | if we took this somewhere else? | 能赚很多钱吧 |
[21:27] | Fuck off. | 滚开 |
[21:32] | Okay, let me get this straight. | 我来澄清一下 |
[21:34] | First you talked me into going business-facing, | 你们之前说服我走”面向企业”的路线 |
[21:36] | and now you want to eliminate | 现在你们想从平台上 |
[21:37] | the entire neural net from the platform? | 拿掉整个神经网络吗 |
[21:40] | Jan, Director, Inside Sales. They call me “Jan the Man.” | 简经理 内部销售公司的 人称”简强大” |
[21:43] | Yes, we know, “Jan the Man.” | 大家都知道 “简强大” |
[21:44] | Listen, we have to do neural net for deep learning. | 听着 我们要为深度学习构建神经网络 |
[21:48] | Look, once we get enough data flowing through the system, | 一旦我们有足量数据流过整个系统 |
[21:50] | it will be able to recognize long-range patterns | 它可以识别出长期规律 |
[21:53] | and actually learn. | 真正学习 |
[21:54] | It will be able to optimize our algorithm on its own, | 它就能自发地优化我们的算法 |
[21:57] | increasing our already superior speed and efficiency. | 进一步提升我们本就领先的速度和效率 |
[22:00] | Right? Pretty cool, huh? | 酷毙了 对吧 |
[22:03] | But it won’t be able to do that if we delete it. | 可如果我们删了它 它就不奏效了 |
[22:05] | – Do you get that? – But you just said it. | -懂了吗 -可你刚刚说 |
[22:07] | It requires a central repository of data, right? | 它需要一个数据存储中心 是吧 |
[22:10] | Businesses want to protect their data. | 企业都想保护自己的数据 |
[22:11] | They’re huge pussies when it comes to security. | 一说到数据安全 他们都怂得不行 |
[22:13] | Okay, well, we’re not cutting machine learning. We’re not. | 好吧 我们不能剔除机器学习 不能 |
[22:15] | If we cut that, we might as well cut peer-to-peer delivery, | 如果删了机器学习 不如把点对点传输 |
[22:18] | and all the efficiencies of the cloud. | 和所有云功能都删了 |
[22:20] | Are those still in? | 那些还在吗 |
[22:21] | No, those have to go also. | 不行 那些也要拿下 |
[22:23] | – What? – Keith, by the way. | -什么 -顺便说一句 我是基斯 |
[22:24] | I know your name, okay? I know everybody’s name. | 我知道你叫什么 所有人的名字我都记得 |
[22:26] | Look… | 你看… |
[22:28] | we can’t cut everything about this platform | 我们不能只是因为 |
[22:30] | that makes it revolutionary just because that’s | 这个东西难卖 |
[22:31] | a little harder for you guys to sell, all right? | 而剔除这个平台所有革命性的东西 |
[22:33] | If we want to sell out, let’s just sell all the way out. | 如果要卖 就一股脑都卖掉 |
[22:36] | Let’s just take the algorithm, jam it into a metal fucking box, | 拿着这个算法 塞进一个他妈的金属盒里 |
[22:39] | stick it in the back of a data center somewhere, | 戳进某个数据中心后面 |
[22:41] | so it can’t connect to anything, | 这样它无法连接任何东西 |
[22:43] | and it just sits there and no one even knows it’s there. | 就放那儿 也没人知道它在那儿 |
[22:48] | Doug, still shadowing Keith. | 我是道格 基斯的学徒 |
[22:49] | When you say “Metal box,” you’re talking | 你说的”金属盒” 是指 |
[22:51] | about a rack-mounted server-type appliance? | 像服务器一样架设的电器设备吗 |
[22:52] | No, no, no. I am using it as a rhetorical example | 不不不 我只是打个比方 |
[22:56] | of a bad idea. | 说明这点子很烂 |
[22:58] | That’s fucking stupid. | 简直蠢到冒烟 |
[23:00] | Oh my God. | 天呐 |
[23:01] | I just need to find Jack. One second. | 我要找一下杰克 稍等 |
[23:05] | – Where’s Jack? – He had to go meet his vet. | -杰克在哪儿 -他去见他的兽医了 |
[23:07] | His vet? In the middle of the day? | 见他的兽医 大白天的 |
[23:10] | Okay, well, what’s the vet’s address? | 好吧 兽医在那儿 |
[23:18] | Jack, excuse me. Do you mind telling me… | 杰克 打扰一下 你能告诉我… |
[23:20] | Holy shit. What is that? | 我擦 这是干啥呢 |
[23:22] | – Oh, mother of God. – Richard, what are you doing here? | -我的圣母啊 -理查德 你来干嘛 |
[23:25] | What do you mean? It’s 2:30. What are you doing here? | 你啥意思 现在下午两点半 你在这儿干嘛 |
[23:28] | My number one breeding mare went into heat. | 我的头号母马发情了 |
[23:30] | Sorry, she’s not much for schedules. | 不好意思 它可不等人 |
[23:32] | Oh God. | 拜托 |
[23:33] | Thoroughbreds, Richard. | 纯种马呀 理查德 |
[23:35] | Natural cover only. | 天然去”雕”饰 |
[23:37] | Now, you don’t see that very often, do you? | 这种场面可不常见 是吧 |
[23:39] | Nope. Uh… | 的确 呃… |
[23:41] | I had a meeting… | 我刚开了会… |
[23:42] | I had a meeting with the sales guys | 和销售人员一起开会 |
[23:44] | and Jan the Man… | “简强大”她… |
[23:47] | You know what? Can we talk over here? | 我说 咱能不能换个地方聊 |
[23:49] | This is just hard for me. | 这场面我不太习惯 |
[23:57] | Look, Jack, you and I have a problem. | 杰克 我俩现在有点矛盾 |
[24:00] | Okay, your salespeople are telling me | 销售人员告诉我 |
[24:02] | to cut everything cool about the platform | 他们要剔除平台上所有好东西 |
[24:03] | just because it’s a little bit harder for them to sell. | 因为他们觉得很难卖得出去 |
[24:06] | But don’t you think because they are such amazing salespeople | 可你不觉得吗 对他们那么强大的销售人员来说 |
[24:10] | that it would be okay for them to sell the harder stuff? | 再难卖的商品也照样能卖出去 |
[24:15] | No. It doesn’t work that way. | 不 话可不是这么说 |
[24:18] | The way you keep the best salespeople is, | 要想留住销售高手 |
[24:20] | you need to give ’em something easy to sell. | 就要让他们卖好卖的东西 |
[24:23] | Otherwise, they’d just go somewhere else. | 不然他们迟早跳槽 |
[24:24] | Okay, well, Pied Piper could honestly be the global standard | 在文件压缩和储存方面 魔笛手能真正成为 |
[24:27] | for file compression and storage. | 全球标准 业界标杆 |
[24:29] | Every mobile device on the face of the planet | 地球上的每个移动设备 |
[24:32] | could be able to access their data | 都能够获得数据 |
[24:34] | as if they had a fiber optic cable plugged into it. | 就像手中有根传导光纤 |
[24:36] | People in the desert, people in refugee camps, | 无论人们在沙漠 还是贫民窟 |
[24:39] | people who have nothing could suddenly have access to everything. | 即使一无所有 也可以瞬间富有 |
[24:42] | You know, everybody in this industry, | 这个行业里的每个人 |
[24:44] | they say they want to make this world a better place, | 都希望建设美好世界 |
[24:47] | but we could actually do it. | 可我们才是实干者 |
[24:49] | We could do it and make billions of dollars. | 我们可以大干一番 创造数十亿财富 |
[24:51] | – Richard, listen… – No, you listen to me, Jack. | -理查德 听着… -不 杰克 你听我说 |
[24:54] | You promised me that you would never compromise the product. | 你说过 你绝不损害产品的利益 |
[24:58] | So, do you feel like taking some action and backing me up on this, | 你现在不该做点什么支持我吗 |
[25:01] | because me and my product | 因为我和我的产品 |
[25:02] | feel pretty fucking compromised right now. | 感觉被打入他妈的”冷宫”了 |
[25:04] | Richard, I don’t think you understand what the product is. | 理查德 我觉得你并不了解产品 |
[25:08] | The product isn’t the platform, | 产品不是平台 |
[25:10] | and the product isn’t your algorithm, either. | 产品也不是你的算法 |
[25:12] | And it’s not even the software. | 产品甚至不是那个软件 |
[25:14] | Do you know what Pied Piper’s product is, Richard? | 知道魔笛手的产品是什么吗 理查德 |
[25:19] | Is… | 是… |
[25:21] | Is it me? | 我吗 |
[25:23] | Oh God! No! | 天呐 不是 |
[25:25] | No. How could it possibly be you? | 不是 怎么可能是你 |
[25:27] | You got fired. | 你都被炒了 |
[25:28] | Pied Piper’s product is its stock. | 魔笛手的产品是它的股票 |
[25:31] | Its stock? | 股票 |
[25:33] | And whatever makes the value of that stock go up, | 不管什么能让股价上涨 |
[25:35] | that is what we are going to make. | 那就是我们要去追求的 |
[25:38] | And maybe sometime in the future, | 也许未来某年某日 |
[25:39] | we could change the world and perform miracles, | 我们可以改变世界 创造奇迹 |
[25:42] | and all of that stuff, and I hope we do. | 这些都是理想化状态 希望如此 |
[25:44] | But, like I told you before, | 可正如我之前跟你说的 |
[25:45] | I’m not going to mortgage the present for that. | 我不会拿现在赌未来 |
[25:47] | I need to move the needle today. | 我要从今天开始行动 |
[25:50] | And now, if you will excuse me. | 现在 能让我静一静吗 |
[25:51] | I paid $150,000 | 我花了15万美元 |
[25:53] | for the semen that’s about to come out of that stallion, | 就为得到那匹种马贡献的小蝌蚪 |
[25:56] | and I would very much like to be there to see that it happens. | 我就是非常想亲眼看见 |
[26:01] | Hey, Richard! | 理查德 |
[26:03] | Yes? | 怎么了 |
[26:04] | I just got a text from Keith, Northeast Regional. | 我刚收到东北区域公司那个基斯的短信 |
[26:07] | He says the guys love your idea. | 他说他们觉得你的想法很棒 |
[26:09] | What idea? | 什么想法 |
[26:11] | It’s a big world, | 世界很大 |
[26:13] | but thanks to modern technology, | 幸而有现代科技 |
[26:15] | it’s smaller than ever. | 世界变得很小 |
[26:16] | Today, business moves at the speed of light. | 如今商业光速发展 |
[26:19] | You can access your company’s data anywhere, anytime. | 你可以随时随地获取公司数据 |
[26:22] | But if you can get your data, | 可如果你能获取 |
[26:24] | who else can get it? | 那么其他人呢 |
[26:26] | Spies, thieves, criminals, and foreigners. | 间谍 窃贼 罪犯 外国人 |
[26:31] | What if there was a way | 如果有种方法 |
[26:32] | to take all of your company’s data | 能存储公司的所有数据 |
[26:34] | and back it up in a protected enclosure | 将他们备份在安全装置中 |
[26:36] | completely isolated from the world at large? | 最大程度与外界隔离呢 |
[26:39] | Oh no. | 不 |
[26:40] | The ultimate enterprise data storage solution. | 终极的企业级数据存储手段 |
[26:50] | Now that’s what I’m talking about. | 这才是我期望的 |
[26:53] | This is the game we’re playing, team, | 躁起来吧 伙计们 |
[26:55] | so let’s win it! | 一举拿下 |
[27:01] | You guys, check it out. | 各位 来尝尝 |
[27:02] | Chef Amy hollowed out a watermelon | 艾米大厨给把西瓜掏空 |
[27:04] | and filled it with watermelon jello! | 填上西瓜味的果冻 |
[27:06] | Look, that’s actual rind. | 看 瓜皮是真的诶 |
[27:09] | – The fuck is that? – Is that a VCR? | -什么鬼东西 -小短片吗 |
[27:11] | Why does it say “Pied Piper” On it? | “魔笛手”怎么在上面 |
[27:13] | Why is everybody so happy? | 你们干嘛那么开心 |