时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:06] | Okay, here’s another one. | 这是另一条新闻 |
[00:07] | TechCrunch says, “Laurie Bream spotted lunching at the Rosewood | “科技博客”报道 “劳芮·布瑞姆和另一科技界明日之星 |
[00:12] | with yet another rising tech star, Sam Herron. | 萨姆·赫伦在瑰丽酒店共进午餐 |
[00:14] | Could this finally be the new CEO of Pied Piper?” | 魔笛手是否最终找到新任执行总裁” |
[00:18] | Maybe she’s just fucking them all. | 也许她就是耍一耍他们 |
[00:20] | It’s been ten days. You know what would be nice? | 十天了 你知道怎样能让我安心吗 |
[00:23] | If I found out what Laurie wanted to do with my company from her | 劳芮要是能亲口说出她对公司未来的想法就好了 |
[00:26] | instead of the fucking Internet. | 而不是用该死的互联网传话 |
[00:28] | Richard, the accountants finally agreed to release our books. | 理查德 会计同意出版我们的书了 |
[00:32] | Okay. | 好 |
[00:34] | Hey, Richard. Is there anything we should be doing? | 理查德 我们现在该干点啥 |
[00:38] | I don’t know. Why are you asking me? | 不知道 干嘛问我 |
[00:40] | I’m not the CEO. There is no CEO. | 我又不是执行总裁 也没执行总裁 |
[00:42] | Because, apparently, | 明摆着的嘛 |
[00:43] | Jack’s empty fucking chair is a better choice than I am. | 杰克坐过的椅子都他妈比我胜任 |
[00:46] | So, maybe… maybe ask the chair, see what it thinks. | 不如… 不如问问这椅子 看它咋想 |
[00:50] | Say what you will about the chair, | 随便你怎么看这椅子 |
[00:52] | but at least it never told me to build a fucking box. | 至少它不会逼我做啥傻逼盒子 |
[00:55] | True. Compared to Richard, it’s a lot sturdier. | 对啊 跟理查德相比 它更结实 |
[00:57] | And it has a lot less of Barker’s ass rubbed all over it. | 被巴克屁股欺压的次数也更少 |
[01:11] | Are you serious? | 没开玩笑吧 |
[01:13] | On top of Jack’s ridiculous severance package, | 除了杰克的高得离谱的遣散费 |
[01:16] | we spent a thousand dollars on each one of your fucking monitors? | 你们每台显示器都他妈花了一千块 |
[01:19] | We did? That’s very pricey. | 是吗 还真是贵 |
[01:22] | So what? Raviga funded us for $5 million. | 那又怎样 拉维加投资了500万美元 |
[01:25] | There’s no way we burned through all that. | 我们不可能把钱全花光了 |
[01:28] | Do you have any idea how these deals work? That money’s tranched. | 知道这些投资怎么运作的吗 分批付款 |
[01:31] | What’s that? | 啥意思 |
[01:32] | Well, from the Old French for “Slice.” | 源自古法语 “一步步来”的意思 |
[01:34] | Yeah, try to keep up, Dinesh. | 多学些新词 迪内希 |
[01:37] | We get our money in stages. | 我们是分阶段拿钱的 |
[01:38] | Right? We get $2 million upfront | 他们预付200万 |
[01:40] | to get us going, to design and build the product, | 让我们维持运作 设计和产品制造 |
[01:42] | but we don’t get the next three million until we take a product to market. | 可如果没造出可售的产品 我们就拿不到剩下300万 |
[01:46] | And Jack was okay with hemorrhaging money, | 杰克对这笔巨资不以为意 |
[01:48] | because he thought we were launching the box | 因为他觉得我们即将发行盒子 |
[01:50] | and then getting the next three million in the next few weeks. | 几周内就能得到剩下的300万 |
[01:53] | But the platform will take way longer to launch than that. | 可建平台花费的时间远远不止 |
[01:56] | Yes. So we are effectively a $250 million company | 没错 所以咱是市值二亿五千万美元 |
[01:59] | who just took $5 million in funding | 却只融资了五百万美元的公司 |
[02:02] | and now we’re dead-ass broke. | 现在彻底破产了 |
[02:04] | Our burn rate is astronomical, | 我们的资金消耗率相当高 |
[02:05] | and every day we sit in limbo like this… | 总是这么欲行又止的… |
[02:12] | What if we don’t? | 如果不呢 |
[02:13] | What if we don’t sit in limbo? | 如果我们终止僵局呢 |
[02:16] | Like fuck limbo, right? | 来点干脆的 |
[02:18] | I mean, right now, let’s… let’s fire all these fucking sales assholes, | 我是说 从现在起 开除这帮销售混蛋 |
[02:23] | and break the lease on this place and get the fuck out of here. | 退掉这个地方 彻底搬出去 |
[02:25] | Can we do that? There’s no CEO here to approve any of that. | 可以这么做吗 没有总裁许可吧 |
[02:29] | Yeah. There’s also no CEO here to tell me not to do it, right? | 也没总裁说不能这样 对吧 |
[02:32] | That’s right. You’re the CTO. | 没错 你是技术总监 |
[02:34] | Technically, you’re the ranking officer. | 严格来说 你现在是老大 |
[02:36] | Fucking A. | 我同意 |
[02:38] | Look, when, or if, a new CEO comes to take over the company, | 当或如果有新任执行总裁接管公司的时候 |
[02:41] | we will do what they say to the best of our abilities. | 我们会竭尽所能地配合他 |
[02:45] | But there is a very real possibility | 不过也非常有可能 |
[02:47] | that there won’t be a company for them to take over | 如果我们现在不做点什么 |
[02:50] | if we don’t do something about it now. | 到时就没公司给他们接手了 |
[02:52] | – So, no more surprise waffles. – What? | -也就没有惊喜华夫饼了 -什么 |
[02:55] | – No more Chef Amy. – No! | -没有艾米大厨了 -不要 |
[02:56] | And no more of these stupid offices, okay? | 也没这些死蠢的办公室了 |
[02:59] | We’re going to move back to the hostel. | 我们要搬回宿舍去 |
[03:01] | – Fuck. – Dinesh, | -操 -迪内希 |
[03:02] | we need to cut every corner, save every penny, | 我们得削减开支 能省则省 |
[03:04] | and plow it into engineers to build the platform. Okay? | 留给搭建平台的工程师 好吗 |
[03:07] | Then we will be back on track. | 接下来我们就能回归正轨了 |
[03:09] | So Gilfoyle, Dinesh, pack up those gold-plated monitors | 吉弗约尔 迪内希 把那些镀金的显示器装箱 |
[03:13] | because we are selling them. | 准备拿去卖了 |
[03:14] | Jared, come on. Let’s do this. | 杰瑞德 来吧 干活 |
[03:17] | Well, that sucks. | 真是 糟透了 |
[03:23] | Jesus. | 我去 |
[03:30] | Okay, guys. Can I have your attention, please! | 各位 能听我说几句吗 |
[03:33] | Yeah, next goal wins. | 行 等下个球赢了先 |
[03:34] | No. Not… Now. Sorry, it’s got to be now. | 不好意思 我… 我现在就要说 |
[03:38] | And so, bring it in, Dang, | 党 先别忙活了 |
[03:40] | Chef Amy, Jan the Man, Keith, Northeast regional. | 艾米大厨 “简强大” 东北区域的基斯 |
[03:44] | And do you still have your shadow? | 你的学徒还在吗 |
[03:45] | – Yo! – Hey, there he is. | -在 -在那儿呢 |
[03:47] | Okay, circle up. | 大家… 站过来 |
[03:48] | All right, I have some news for you. | 我有些消息要告诉你们 |
[03:51] | Is this about the new CEO? | 关于新任执行总裁的吗 |
[03:52] | Re/Code is saying it could be Reid Hoffman. | “重新编码”[美国知名科技媒体]说新总裁是里德·霍夫曼 |
[03:54] | No. I… don’t know anything about that. | 没有 我… 完全没听说 |
[03:57] | No, no. There’s no new CEO. There’s no new employees of any kind. | 不对 没有新总裁 没有任何新职员 |
[04:01] | There’s actually… It’s more about you guys becoming former employees. | 事实… 我是想说 你们即将成为前职员 |
[04:05] | So, look… | 听我说… |
[04:07] | We’re heading in a different direction. | 公司打算改变发展方向 |
[04:09] | And what that means is, if I haven’t taken you aside | 也就是说 如果我没有叫你出列 |
[04:12] | and spoken to you privately about staying on, | 没单独跟你说你能留下 |
[04:14] | that does mean that you are… terminated, immediately. | 那说明… 你被解雇了 即刻生效 |
[04:17] | So, Dang, Chef Amy, Jan the Man, all of Sales, | 党 艾米大厨 “简强大” 所有销售人员 |
[04:21] | I am, uh, really sorry about all this. | 我真的很抱歉 |
[04:23] | Are you sure that you can fire us, like, legally? | 你有开除我们的合法权利吗 |
[04:26] | Yeah. Yes, absolutely. | 当然有 |
[04:35] | No, she has… Why would she fire me? | 没有 她… 为啥开除我 |
[04:38] | Well, Code/Rag said that your tech is mediocre | “代码小报”说你的技术很平庸 |
[04:40] | and that’s why no one will take the CEO job. | 所以没人接任执行总裁的工作 |
[04:42] | – What? – Yeah. | -什么 -是的 |
[04:44] | That’s why I assumed that you’d been fired. | 所以我以为你被开除了 |
[04:46] | Uh, maybe she’s waiting till Friday to fire him. | 可能她等星期五再开除他 |
[04:49] | Oh, that makes sense. | 有道理 |
[04:50] | No, it doesn’t make sense. That’s not what’s happening, okay? | 有道理个毛 肯定不是这样的 |
[04:52] | I’m not getting fired. That’s crazy. | 我不会被开除 想什么呢 |
[04:54] | I haven’t read this article. Okay, maybe I’m too busy | 我还没看那篇文章 可能我太忙了 |
[04:56] | making the tech awesome, because it’s not mediocre. | 忙着化技术为神奇呢 怎么会平庸 |
[04:59] | It’s actually… turns out, it’s fucking revolutionary. | 其实… 还是他妈革命性的 |
[05:01] | So, I guess that’s the truth. | 就是这样了 |
[05:04] | And also, I’m not fired, | 我没被开除 |
[05:05] | these guys aren’t fired, you all are fired. | 他们也没被开除 你们都被开除了 |
[05:06] | Everyone from this wall is fired. So, enjoy being fired. | 这道墙以外的都被开除了 享受开除吧 |
[05:18] | Jesus! This is a good apple. | 天呐 这苹果太好吃了 |
[05:19] | Where did you get this? | 哪儿来的 |
[05:20] | – Oh, I have a fruit guy. – Fantastic. | -我认识个卖水果的 -太棒了 |
[05:23] | Read me back what we have so far. | 念一下我们写到哪儿了 |
[05:25] | Uh, “Bachman and Bighetti shall each include in this venture | “巴克曼和比盖蒂都要将自己手头 |
[05:29] | “Any and all portfolio companies. | “任何一家公司作为资本投入 |
[05:31] | The exception shall be for Pied Piper.” | 但不包括魔笛手” |
[05:34] | Hey, how… how come Pied Piper is not a part of it? | 为啥… 不包括魔笛手啊 |
[05:37] | ‘Cause, you know, I actually used to work there, so maybe it should be? | 我原来在那儿工作 应该算进去吧 |
[05:40] | Big Head, Pied Piper is no longer an incubating entity. | 大头 魔笛手不再是孵化实体了 |
[05:44] | It would be unfair to you and to me and to them for me | 如果我放弃那边的股份 |
[05:47] | to relinquish any of my shares in their company. | 对你 对我 对他们来说都不公平 |
[05:49] | And besides, like you, | 再说了 我像你一样 |
[05:51] | I’m giving up everything else I have of value… | 我打算放弃所有资产… |
[05:54] | shares, options, cash, liquid assets. | 股份 期权 现金 流动资产 |
[05:58] | Wait. So all my assets? | 我的全部资产也要放弃 |
[06:00] | That seems like kind of a lot. | 那也太多了吧 |
[06:01] | It is a lot, Big Head. We’re both giving up a lot. | 是很多 大头 我们都将放弃很多 |
[06:04] | And we’re both gaining a lot also. | 舍不得孩子套不着狼 |
[06:07] | And that’s what every successful partnership is about. | 这就是所有成功合作的奥义 |
[06:09] | Committing fully, blindly, | 不假思索 完全信任 |
[06:11] | and without concern of the consequences, | 不计后果地做承诺 |
[06:13] | – like marriage. – Right. | -就像婚姻 -好吧 |
[06:16] | Oh, here. Get this down. | 对了 加上这条 |
[06:18] | In the event of a tie vote, | 若决议投票数相同 |
[06:20] | any disagreement shall be settled | 所有分歧将通过 |
[06:22] | with a toss of a coin of Mr. Bachman’s choosing. | 巴克曼先生抛硬币决定 |
[06:29] | What the fuck are you doing in here? | 你他妈在这儿弄啥咧 |
[06:30] | Can’t you see we’re having a meeting? | 没看见我们在开会吗 |
[06:33] | Go ahead, Big Head, read that back to me. | 继续 大头 念一下刚才加的 |
[06:35] | Oh, “In the event of a tie…” | “在票数相同的情况下…” |
[06:39] | The fucking juicer’s broken! | 该死的榨汁机又坏了 |
[06:40] | This is the second one in two days! | 两天坏了两台 |
[06:45] | CJ Cantwell of Code/Rag writes, and I quote, | “代码小报”的CJ·坎特威尔写的 我引用一下 |
[06:48] | “Having met this many candidates without closing one, | “有如此多的候选 却一位都没有确定 |
[06:51] | “One can’t help wonder why Pied Piper can’t land a man. | “让人不禁好奇魔笛手为何无人上任 |
[06:55] | “Could the vaunted tech of founder Richard Hendricks, | “可能其创始人理查德·亨德里克斯 |
[06:58] | whom I once called ‘the next Mark Zuckerberg,’ | 我曾称之为’马克·扎克伯格第二’的人 |
[07:01] | be turning Pied Piper from a unicorn into a donkey wearing a party hat?” | 正把魔笛手从独角神兽变成戴派对帽的驴[暗讽民主党?]” |
[07:07] | And? | 所以呢 |
[07:08] | And, she’s slandering my tech. | 所以 她在诋毁我的技术 |
[07:10] | It’s the one thing that’s working around here. | 也就是维持本公司运作的东西 |
[07:13] | Look, I think if I just talk to her, | 如果我找她谈谈 |
[07:15] | I can get her to change it. | 我能让她换套说辞 |
[07:16] | No. I do not want you to engage with a muckraker like CJ Cantwell | 不 我不想让你纯属为找回自尊而和CJ·坎特威尔 |
[07:20] | simply to salve your male ego. | 这个丑闻挖掘机扯犊子 |
[07:22] | My male ego has nothing to do with this, Laurie. | 我不是要找回自尊 劳芮 |
[07:25] | Look, good coders won’t want to work | 如果优质程序员认为某公司技术糟烂 |
[07:27] | for a company they think has shitty tech. | 他们是不愿为其工作的 |
[07:29] | I need to get ahead of this now. | 我得立刻摆脱这次危机 |
[07:30] | And if I don’t, we’re done. | 如果不找她谈 我们就完了 |
[07:33] | Richard, whether you appreciate this or not, | 理查德 不管你喜不喜欢 |
[07:34] | I do actually have a plan here. | 我确实有个计划 |
[07:36] | You can meet with everyone in Palo Alto to replace me as CEO. | 你可以随便找帕罗奥托[硅谷中心]的人来做执行总裁 |
[07:39] | I’m not going to tell you how to do your job. | 你不用我来教 |
[07:41] | Okay, but I need to do something about this, now. | 但我得采取点行动 现在立刻马上 |
[07:44] | She-she… she’s calling us the next Clinkle. | 她… 她说我们是下一个克林克 |
[07:47] | Clinkle, Laurie. Clinkle. | 克林克 劳芮 克林克 |
[07:49] | You… you do know what happened to Clinkle, right? | 你… 知道克林克是啥情况吧 |
[07:51] | – Do you want us to be Clinkle? – Please, just stop saying “Clinkle.” | -你想让我们成为克林克吗 -麻烦别再说”克林克”了 |
[07:53] | It jars the ear. Fine. | 好刺耳 那这样吧 |
[07:55] | I will have my office set up an interview. | 我会叫人准备一次会谈 |
[07:58] | But I want you to present yourself well, Richard. | 但我希望你能好好表现 理查德 |
[08:01] | Be showered, groomed, well-dressed. | 洗个澡 剃个须 精心打扮一番 |
[08:03] | And you will need to sit down with | 在会谈正式开始前 |
[08:05] | our head of PR beforehand to go over talking points. | 你得和公共经理过一遍会谈要点 |
[08:07] | Why? | 为啥 |
[08:08] | Because you are in an emotional state, | 因为你正在闹情绪 |
[08:11] | and when you are emotional, | 你闹情绪的时候 |
[08:12] | you become highly inarticulate. | 就会词不达意 |
[08:14] | Well, I don’t say that’s true. | 是吗 我没觉得 |
[08:20] | Okay. Yes. Fine. Sure. | 好吧 确实 没事 真的 |
[08:23] | And thank you, Laurie. | 谢谢你 劳芮 |
[08:28] | Before you ask, the answer is yes. | 别问了 答案是肯定的 |
[08:30] | I did blow all these hard drives clean. | 我是把所有硬盘都清了 |
[08:33] | – So… – You really are a moron. | -所以… -你真是个白痴 |
[08:35] | The only way to really blow the hard drives clean | 只有拿电钻给它钻个洞 |
[08:38] | is to take a drill and punch a hole through it. | 才能把硬盘真正清干净 |
[08:40] | All right, calm down, Snowden. I zeroed them all out, we’re fine. | 淡定 斯诺登[“棱镜门”事件主角] 我都清零了 没事的 |
[08:44] | Welcome, welcome. | 欢迎 |
[08:45] | we have lost our lease, so everything must go. | 场地租约到期 全场挥泪甩卖 |
[08:48] | The chairs are arranged in ascending order of lumbar support. | 椅子是按腰靠的位置升序排列的 |
[08:53] | So, have a gander. | 来 看看吧 |
[08:56] | Oh, word to the wise: | 友情提示 |
[08:58] | the Haworths are like a spa day for the buttocks. | 海沃氏办公椅 给您的屁屁水疗般的舒适感 |
[09:01] | Yeah, and I have a fragile posterior. | 我屁股就挺脆弱的 |
[09:04] | My aunt used to call me “Glasshole.” | 我姨以前叫我”玻璃屁眼”[还真脆弱…] |
[09:06] | So, you can take it from me. | 所以 这椅子你不能错过 |
[09:08] | Look at these fucking maggots. | 瞅瞅这帮恶心的蛆 |
[09:10] | Crawling all over our garbage, | 在这些垃圾上爬动 |
[09:12] | leaving their slime of mediocrity. | 还留下平庸的粘液 |
[09:15] | I thought you’d feel right at home in a marketplace, | 我以为集市会让你感到自在 |
[09:18] | haggling, selling your monkey paws, | 讨价还价 卖你的猴爪* |
[09:20] | looking for Indiana Jones in a wicker basket. | 在竹篮里找印第安纳琼斯 |
[09:23] | Okay. Marion was in the wicker basket, | 好吧 竹篮里的是玛丽安[瑞文伍德] |
[09:25] | Indiana Jones was tipping them over, you fucking idiot. | 印第安纳琼斯把他们虐翻了 你个傻逼 |
[09:28] | Hi. | 你好 |
[09:30] | Let me know if you have any questions. | 如有疑问 欢迎咨询 |
[09:32] | Well, how about that? I made my first sale. | 怎么样 我做成了第一单生意 |
[09:35] | I’ve organized a lot of estate sales, | 以前组织过很多楼盘销售 |
[09:37] | so this is kind of my wheelhouse. | 这算是我的强项 |
[09:39] | – What? – I have a lot of elderly friends. | -啥 -我有很多老年朋友 |
[09:41] | Oh, that is a fun item. | 那个很有意思 |
[09:43] | That’s a hardware fan. | 是个硬件风扇 |
[09:47] | You’ve got the yellow hoodie on today. | 你今天穿了这件黄色卫衣 |
[09:50] | Oh, yeah. | 是的 |
[09:52] | Wait a second. | 等下 |
[09:53] | None of these are signed. | 这些都没签字 |
[09:55] | Oh yeah. Um, it’s just my business manager had some questions | 是的 我的业务经理有些疑问 |
[09:59] | about the way some of this stuff was being arranged. | 关于这些事务的安排情况 |
[10:01] | Like he said something about how it’s not a corporation. | 比如 他说这不是股份有限公司 |
[10:04] | It’s just a general partnership or something. | 这只是个普通合伙公司什么的 |
[10:07] | I mean, he told me I didn’t understand, which is true, | 反正 他说了一堆专业术语 我真搞不懂 |
[10:10] | so he wanted to maybe talk to you about it. | 所以他想和你谈谈 |
[10:11] | So you want to lawyer up, huh? Is that what we’re doing? | 你是想找律师吗 咱们需要这样吗 |
[10:14] | I don’t think he has a law degree. | 他应该没有法学学位 |
[10:16] | Big Head, I would hope that a handshake deal | 大头 我希望口头约定 |
[10:19] | would be good enough for you. | 对你来说就足够了 |
[10:21] | Because we’re headed down a long road, | 因为前面的路还长 |
[10:23] | and that road must be paved with trust. Blind trust. | 这条路上必须铺满信任 绝对信任 |
[10:25] | And you bringing in these so-called “Experts…” | 你却找来这些所谓”专家…” |
[10:29] | …really gives me pause, | …真让我犹豫 |
[10:32] | and it insults my honor. | 你这是侮辱我 |
[10:34] | Uh, sorry, hold on. I got to take this. | 不好意思 我接个电话 |
[10:37] | I’ll be right back. Sorry. | 马上回来 抱歉 |
[10:38] | Hello? | 你好 |
[10:40] | Hey. Uh, how do I look? | 嘿 我这身怎么样 |
[10:42] | If I’m being honest, like a ventriloquist dummy. | 老实说 像个口技木偶似的 |
[10:48] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[10:49] | Well, you know, that’s actually kind of fitting, | 其实 这套还蛮合身的 |
[10:51] | because I’m on my way to Raviga right now | 我现在准备去拉维加 |
[10:54] | to meet with a PR person to tell me exactly what to say | 见某个公关人员 她会教我对付记者 |
[10:57] | to a reporter and how to say it. | 应该说什么 以及怎么说 |
[10:59] | Well, that does make sense. | 绝对有必要 |
[11:00] | You do tend to babble on when you’re under pressure. | 你压力大的时候喜欢叨逼叨 |
[11:05] | Why does this thing people say? | 你们怎么都这么说 |
[11:09] | Why indeed? | 为什么呢 |
[11:11] | That was weird. | 奇了怪了 |
[11:12] | I just got a call from Laurie Bream’s office, at Raviga, | 拉维加的劳芮·布瑞姆办公室打电话给我 |
[11:15] | asking if I’d want to interview for the job of CEO at Pied Piper. | 问我愿不愿意面试”魔笛手”的执行总裁职位 |
[11:19] | What? Are you fucking kidding me? | 什么 你他妈开玩笑吧 |
[11:21] | That’s exactly what I said. | 没开玩笑啊 |
[11:23] | Then I said no, and then we both hung up. | 我没同意 然后两头都挂电话了 |
[11:26] | I mean, I assume they hung up. I had already hung up, so… | 其实 我估计他们挂了 是我先挂的 所以… |
[11:30] | Wow. Wow. Okay. Okay. | 我操 好吧 |
[11:33] | Yeah, great. Big Head. | 好 很好 大头 |
[11:35] | Big Head! Fucking kidding me? | 大头 逗我玩呢 |
[11:38] | What the fuck is going on? | 到底搞什么鬼 |
[11:39] | Big Head, you can insult me all you want | 大头 你要羞辱我没问题 |
[11:42] | by involving your self-described Shylocks, | 随便扯你编的啥奸商夏洛克都行 |
[11:44] | but to insult Richard and humiliate him, | 可你要是羞辱理查德 |
[11:47] | that’s like kicking a child who’s done nothing to deserve it. | 就像去揍一个没做错事的无辜小孩 |
[11:49] | I may not be able to finish my ramen. | 这拉面我是吃不下去了 |
[11:53] | I told them no. | 我拒绝了啊 |
[11:55] | Hi there. Richard Hendricks here to see Dawn Simon, PR. | 你好 理查德·亨德里克斯来见公关经理道恩·西蒙 |
[11:58] | Sure, she’ll be meeting you in the small conference room. | 好的 她在那个小会议室等你呢 |
[12:00] | Um, do you need me… | 需不需要我来… |
[12:01] | No, no. I… I know where it is. | 不不 我知道在哪儿 |
[12:03] | It turns out, I actually know something. | 说真的 我确实知道点事 |
[12:05] | I’m not a fucking idiot. | 我又不是白痴 |
[12:11] | – Richard Hendricks. Hi. – Before we get any further, | -理查德·亨德里克斯 你好 -在谈话前 |
[12:13] | I just want you to know that, | 我想先打好招呼 |
[12:14] | I’m not going to be yelling at you, | 我不会朝你吼叫 |
[12:15] | but I probably am going to yell. | 但估计我会吼的 |
[12:17] | – Okay. – Okay. | -没问题 -好的 |
[12:19] | because this is bullshit. | 这太糟了 |
[12:21] | Honestly, I mean, I get it. This is your job. You’re in PR. | 真的 我明白 这是你的工作 你是公关经理嘛 |
[12:24] | Your job is to pretty much tell me what I can’t say. | 你的工作就是告诉我哪些话不能说 |
[12:27] | I mean, when I talk to this reporter, I probably can’t say | 反正我跟记者谈的时候 大概是不能说 |
[12:29] | how fucked up it is that, Laurie Bream fired me, | 劳芮·布瑞姆炒了我 这事该有多操蛋 |
[12:33] | and then replaced me with Action Jack Barker. | 她还让”行动力”杰克·巴克取代我 |
[12:35] | I probably can’t say how the only action he took was | 估计我不能说杰克唯一的行动 |
[12:38] | to essentially pick the wrong product and then bleed the company dry. | 根本就是选错了产品又榨干了公司 |
[12:41] | And I probably can’t say how fucking pissed off I am | 大概也不能说我快气炸了肺 |
[12:45] | that Laurie Bream is out there gallivanting around the Valley, | 因为劳芮·布瑞姆在硅谷四处物色人选 |
[12:48] | interviewing every dickhole on Earth for my job, | 邀请每个已知的傻X来做我的工作 |
[12:53] | including Big Head… | 包括”大头”… |
[12:54] | a man that I fired by the way, and no offense, I like him. | 一个被我炒掉的人 不针对谁 我挺喜欢他 |
[12:57] | I do actually, he’s a close friend of mine, been that way for years. | 真的 他是我的密友 很多年的关系 |
[13:00] | But he is a bit of a simpleton, his name’s fucking Big Head. | 他就是有点傻 还起了个名叫他妈的”大头” |
[13:02] | But, okay, look. | 可是 你知道吗 |
[13:04] | I want to be CEO of Pied Piper, okay? | 我想做回魔笛手的执行总裁 |
[13:08] | It is my company. I worked my ass off to build this company, okay? | 这是我的公司 我累死累活创建的公司 |
[13:13] | That’s my job. I deserve it. | 这是我的工作 我应得的 |
[13:14] | And it fucking kills me that Laurie is out there | 而劳芮却忙着把职务推给别人 |
[13:17] | trying to give it to someone else, anyone but me. | 偏偏不让我做 简直是要逼疯我 |
[13:19] | But I probably can’t say that, can I? | 不过这些估计不能说 对吧 |
[13:22] | You can say anything you want to say to me. | 你有什么想说 请尽管说 |
[13:24] | All right. | 好吧 |
[13:27] | Thank you for meeting me, Monica. | 莫妮卡 谢谢你来见我 |
[13:32] | You are from…? | 你家乡是… |
[13:34] | Baltimore. | 巴尔的摩 |
[13:39] | HL Mencken hails from Baltimore. | HL·门肯[美国著名教育家/政评家]是巴尔的摩人 |
[13:41] | Who? | 谁 |
[13:43] | Widely perceived as a racist, | 虽被普遍认为是种族主义着 |
[13:44] | but… his work on the English language is comprehensive, | 可是… 他在英语言学上的贡献相当全面 |
[13:49] | and his perspicuous skewering of evangelicals is laudable. | 他对清教徒的辛辣讥讽也值得称赞 |
[13:53] | Monica, my mission here is not merely to have fun. | 莫妮卡 我来不只是为了消遣 |
[13:59] | That’s… that’s okay. | 没… 没事儿 |
[14:01] | When I voted against you, at the board meeting, I just want… | 当时在董事会上我投了反对票 是想… |
[14:04] | Monica, this is not about you, for once. | 莫妮卡 至少这次与你无关 |
[14:08] | I brought you here to say… | 我带你来 是想说… |
[14:11] | I am sorry. | 很抱歉 |
[14:12] | For…? | 为什么… |
[14:14] | Ah, yes, of course. You are going to make me say it. | 当然 你肯定会这么问我 |
[14:16] | Why am I not surprised? | 我有啥奇怪的 |
[14:18] | I made a mistake with Richard Hendricks. | 因为我错看了理查德·亨德里克斯 |
[14:20] | And out I went, right on my ass. | 后来 我被扫地出门 |
[14:22] | And then Laurie put that jackhole Barker in to bankrupt the company. | 劳芮 找来那二货巴克 把这公司整破产了 |
[14:28] | But does she cop to that? No, no, no. | 她会承认做错了吗 才不会 |
[14:29] | Because the Laurie-tron 6,000 | 因为她是劳震天6000[最高指挥] |
[14:31] | isn’t programmed to admit when she’s made a mistake. | 她的程序里从来没有”认错”这项 |
[14:34] | I made an error. | 我错了 |
[14:36] | Wow, that’s really big of you to admit. | 你能承认真的很了不起 |
[14:39] | I should not have removed him as CEO, | 我不该撤掉他执行总裁的职务 |
[14:42] | and installing Jack Barker | 还请来杰克·巴克 |
[14:43] | in his place only compounded that error. | 以致于错上加错 |
[14:45] | But if that’s true, then why | 可你真要是觉得自己错了 |
[14:47] | are you meeting with so many other CEO candidates? | 为何还要面试那么多CEO人选 |
[14:49] | I am meeting publically with a number of | 我是公开会见一部分 |
[14:52] | high-value candidates I know to be unavailable, | 据我所知脱身乏术的高端人选 |
[14:55] | as well as with a number of less-qualified candidates | 还有些资历尚浅的人选 |
[14:58] | with whom Richard compares favorably. | 相比之下 还是理查德更好 |
[15:01] | That’s why you called Big Head. | 所以你才联系了大头 |
[15:02] | Yes. You see, Richard must not be perceived | 是的 理查德不能被看成 |
[15:06] | as being the most expedient candidate. | 是最合适的人选 |
[15:08] | He must be seen as the correct candidate. | 而应被看作是 正确的选择 |
[15:13] | This is very exciting for Richard. | 理查德应该会很激动的 |
[15:14] | I have been impressed by his conduct in a tough situation. | 他在困境下的处事能力打动了我 |
[15:19] | He’s shown mettle. | 他展现了总裁气质 |
[15:21] | Definitely. | 可不是 |
[15:22] | Therefore, I will call for a vote at the next board meeting | 所以 我会在下次董事会发起投票 |
[15:24] | to offer him the job. | 商讨他任职的事 |
[15:26] | That is of course assuming he continues to | 当然 这是建立于他能继续 |
[15:28] | demonstrate an air of professionalism. | 展现专业素质的基础上 |
[15:32] | Hi, Dawn. Are you waiting for someone? | 道恩 你在等谁吗 |
[15:34] | Yes. I’m supposed to be meeting with Richard Hendricks | 是的 我得跟理查德·亨德里克斯谈谈 |
[15:37] | before he sits down with a Code/Rag reporter. | 趁他还没跟代码小报的记者见面 |
[15:39] | Oh, that’s weird. I saw him earlier. | 怪事 我刚才看见他了 |
[15:42] | And that is why… | 这就是为啥… |
[15:45] | I’m just being honest here. | 我在对你开诚布公 |
[15:48] | I think that Peter Gregory is better off where he is. | 幸好 彼得·格里高利去了天堂 |
[15:52] | Just saying, because if he knew what Laurie was doing to his company, | 说说而已 如果他知道劳芮干的”好事” |
[15:56] | he probably would want to take a gun and blow his brains out. | 估计会一枪把自己脑袋爆开花 |
[16:00] | Uh, okay. | 行了 |
[16:01] | We should probably start talking about the things that I can say. | 该讲讲哪些是我能说的话了 |
[16:06] | Richard. Richard Hendricks? | 理查德 是理查德·亨德里克斯吗 |
[16:10] | Yes. Who are you? | 正是 你是 |
[16:12] | Dawn Simon, Raviga’s publicity director. | 道恩·西蒙 拉维加的公关经理 |
[16:21] | So that would make you…? | 那么 你是… |
[16:22] | CJ Cantwell, Code/Rag. | CJ·坎特威尔 代码小报的 |
[16:25] | Thank you, I think I have everything I need. | 多谢 我要的东西全齐了 |
[16:33] | Please tell me that went well. | 请告诉我这次会谈很顺利 |
[16:38] | Yep. No, yeah. It, uh… it-it was gone great. | 是的 顺利 一切… 都很顺利 |
[16:42] | Yep. It had gone. | 没错 很顺利 |
[16:47] | It was great. | 非常顺利 |
[16:49] | Uh, she’s a… she’s a great guy. | 她… 她这人不错 |
[16:50] | Really. Gir… girl. She’s… she’s cool. She’s a cool one. | 真的 女生 她… 她很棒 相当专业 |
[16:54] | Cool. So I can just… I can get out here? | 很专业 所以我… 我能走了吗 |
[16:57] | – Just ’cause I got another thing. – Yeah. | -我还有别的事儿 -行 |
[16:58] | Slow down. Listen to me. Look, in my defense, | 等下 我得为自己辩解一下 |
[17:01] | I said those were all the things I can’t say, okay. | 我讲的话都是不能公开的 |
[17:04] | So it’s kind of like I didn’t even say them. | 所以这就像是我啥都没说一样 |
[17:05] | But you did say them, at a meeting you scheduled with a reporter. | 可你确实说了 在预约进行的记者访谈会上 |
[17:08] | Reporter? Come on, you’re a tech blogger. | 记者 拜托 你是个科技博主 |
[17:09] | Oh, really. Hard to see why Laurie insisted on a PR rep for you. | 是吗 搞不清为啥劳芮坚持要公关给你把关 |
[17:15] | Look, uh, just… tell me what I can do to kill this? | 告诉我… 怎样才能让你不公开这些信息 |
[17:18] | – You want me to spike the story? – Yes, please. | -你想我保留这篇文章 -是的 |
[17:21] | Give me something better. I don’t know, | 那就曝更猛的料给我 比如 |
[17:23] | go on a drunken racist Twitter rant, | 烂醉的种族分子在推特吐槽 |
[17:25] | or, get in your car, run over Elon Musk, | 要么 你去开车轧了伊隆·马斯克[特斯拉汽车创始人] |
[17:27] | and give me an exclusive from jail. Yeah. | 并在牢里给我提供独家内幕 如何 |
[17:30] | Otherwise, I’m posting this at noon tomorrow, so… | 不然 我明天就会发布新闻… |
[17:32] | No, no, no, no. Look. Look. | 别别别别 等等 |
[17:34] | If you want to leave, you’re going to have to run me over! | 如果说你真的要走 就从我身上轧过去 |
[17:46] | These offices were nice. | 这些办公室本来挺好 |
[17:48] | Now everything looks so bare. | 如今却显得如此荒凉 |
[17:51] | Yeah. There is a certain sad vulnerability to it. | 真是脆弱得令人感伤 |
[17:55] | Have you ever seen a naked dead person? | 你见过没穿衣服的死人吗 |
[17:58] | No. No. No. | 没 见 过 |
[18:02] | Well, the good news is, we cleared almost… | 好消息是 我们几乎卖光了… |
[18:05] | $70,000 from selling all this stuff. | 这儿的所有物品 一共卖了七万块 |
[18:08] | That’s not enough to afford all the coders we need. | 那也请不起我们要找的编码员 |
[18:11] | We need at least a dozen. | 至少需要十二个 |
[18:13] | Where would we even put them now? | 即使请来 他们在哪儿工作 |
[18:17] | Shall we? | 来看看 |
[18:24] | Wait. Where’s my hard drive? | 等等 我硬盘呢 |
[18:25] | What did it look like? | 长什么样 |
[18:27] | It just looked like a normal standard hard drive. | 就是普通样式的硬盘 |
[18:29] | You sure it was in your bag? | 你确定放在包里了 |
[18:31] | Yeah, it was in my bag. | 对 本来在我包里 |
[18:34] | Could it maybe have slid out and was next to your bag, | 会不会滑出来 掉在旁边 |
[18:39] | which was next to all the hard drives we got rid of? | 混在我们不要的硬盘里了 |
[18:42] | Did you sell my personal hard drive? | 你是不是卖了我的硬盘 |
[18:46] | You didn’t happen to wipe that one clean, too, did you? | 貌似你也没把它清空 是吧 |
[18:50] | – My personal hard drive? – Yeah. | -我的个人硬盘 -对了 |
[18:53] | No! | 不 |
[18:54] | Fuck! | 操 |
[18:55] | So it had our confidential IP on it? | 上面有机密的服务器地址吗 |
[18:58] | Yes. All the work we did on the platform, the box, everything. | 有 还有我们做平台 做盒子等等的一切内容 |
[19:03] | Well, what’s gone is not necessarily lost. | 那可不能丢 |
[19:06] | Okay, we just need to find it. | 得把它找回来 |
[19:08] | I found my retainer in the school dumpster. | 我在学校垃圾箱里找到过牙套 |
[19:11] | I found my biological father in a militia up in the Ozarks. | 在欧扎克[美国中部高原区]民兵团里找到我生父 |
[19:14] | This should be no problem. | 小小硬盘 不在话下 |
[19:16] | Don’t worry, Dinesh, we’ll find it. | 迪内希 别担心 会找到的 |
[19:26] | Uh, does he not know we’re moving out? | 他是不是不知道我们搬了 |
[19:30] | Should we tell him? | 要不要告诉他 |
[19:32] | No. Jack paid him in full up front, and… | 别 杰克之前给他全额工资了… |
[19:37] | he seems so at peace. | 他挺淡定的 |
[19:39] | All right. All right. | 好吧 好吧 |
[19:48] | I am such an idiot. | 我真的蠢翻了 |
[19:51] | You’ve got no choice, Richard. | 你没得选 理查德 |
[19:52] | You need to go in to Laurie and just tell her what happened. | 你得去找劳芮 当面解释这事 |
[19:55] | What? It’s bad enough she’s going to find out | 什么 这事一传到网上 再被她发现 |
[19:58] | what I said after this piece posts online. | 那真得吃不了兜着走了 |
[20:00] | You want me to go in and tell her right to her face? | 你还想让我当面和她说 |
[20:03] | No fucking way. | 绝逼没门 |
[20:04] | You could spin it. Tell her you’re sorry. | 你委婉点嘛 表现你的悔意 |
[20:06] | I had it. I had my old CEO job back, | 我本可以做回执行总裁 |
[20:09] | and I fucked it up. | 可我搞砸了 |
[20:11] | I’ll get it. | 我去开门 |
[20:15] | The Super Angel Premium Deluxe. | “超级天使”[果汁机]极品奢华版 |
[20:19] | In the flesh. | 终得一见啊 |
[20:20] | Yeah, I had to drive to San Mateo | 真的 我特地开车去圣马特奥[加州西部城市] |
[20:23] | to get one that has auto-reverse. | 弄了台有自动翻转功能的 |
[20:25] | Why didn’t you send your assistant? | 干嘛不让你助理去 |
[20:26] | She was on the phone, so… | 她当时忙着打电话 所以… |
[20:28] | Well, Big Head, it takes a brave man to admit his mistakes, | 大头 勇者敢于承认错误 |
[20:34] | and with this token of apology, | 象征性地道个歉 |
[20:36] | you’ve officially righted your wrong. | 表示你已改过自新 |
[20:38] | Consider the matter resolved. | 那这事就算翻篇了 |
[20:41] | Cool. | 好啊 |
[20:43] | Traditionally the offender shakes the offendee’s hand, | 照惯例 说错话的人要主动握手求和 |
[20:46] | so you would come to me. | 所以你要先伸手 |
[20:50] | That’s an honest Thomas. | 这才是诚实的托马斯[小火车头] |
[20:52] | Gentlemen, Monica, from the ashes of whatever happens here | 先生们 莫妮卡 灰烬之中 |
[20:57] | will rise the Phoenix that shall be known as Bachmanity. | 凤凰涅槃 “巴克曼尼提”永垂不朽 |
[21:01] | That’s what you’re going to call your company? | 你打算给你的公司起这名吗 |
[21:04] | Yeah, well, before it was going to be Bachman Capital. | 对 原打算叫”巴克曼投资” |
[21:07] | Because I provide the Bachman, and he provides the capital. | 因为鄙人才气冲天 而他腰缠万贯 |
[21:11] | Yeah, but then, we compromised, and made it Bachmanity, | 可后来 我俩折中了 取名”巴克曼尼提” |
[21:15] | ’cause it’s Bachman from him, | 因为里面”巴克曼”取自他 |
[21:17] | and then the “Etti” from me. So it’s two syllables each. | “尼提”取自我 我们各占俩音节 |
[21:21] | Very much into keeping score, this one. Have a seat. | 这样相当公平 坐吧 |
[21:25] | I’ll go fetch the documents and my Montblanc. | 我去拿文件和我的万宝龙笔[强行装逼] |
[21:32] | So, slight hiccup. I tracked down the woman who bought the drive, | 有点小问题 我联系到买走硬盘的女人了 |
[21:36] | but she wasn’t interested in selling it back. | 可她并不想卖回来 |
[21:39] | Apparently, she’s already given it to her elderly father | 据说 她把硬盘给了她家老头子 |
[21:42] | and booked the Geek Squad to set it up for him this afternoon. | 还叫”奇客特工”[电脑技术服务商]今天下午帮他装好 |
[21:45] | What about my drive? All our stuff is on there. | 那我硬盘怎么办 我们所有东西都在里面呢 |
[21:48] | I think we’re fine. She said he mostly uses the computer | 应该没问题 她说他主要用电脑 |
[21:51] | to download photos of old ships. | 下载一些陈年老船的照片 |
[21:53] | I don’t think he’ll be able to find our files even if he wanted to. | 就算他想 也不一定找得到我们的文件 |
[21:57] | Well, I mean, hopefully. But still… | 话虽那么说 可… |
[22:00] | Dinesh is right, this is sloppy. | 迪内希说的对 有点草率 |
[22:03] | Where does this guy live? | 这人住哪儿 |
[22:04] | Oh shit, Richard, I’m sorry, man. | 理查德 很抱歉 |
[22:07] | Initial here and here. | 签这里 还有这里 |
[22:09] | No. It’s okay. I… I deserve it. It’s my own fault. | 没事 我… 我咎由自取 是我的错 |
[22:13] | And you’re going to want to sign here. | 还有 这里要签 |
[22:15] | Still man, that just really sucks. | 这可真真真糟 |
[22:17] | You know, I bet… I bet you | 我赌… 我赌你 |
[22:18] | wish you could just scrub the whole Internet, | 你想给自己做个全网洗白吗 |
[22:20] | like Gavin Belson does, right? | 像加文·贝尔森那样 对吗 |
[22:22] | Whoa, weird. | 奇怪了 |
[22:23] | Every single one of my signatures looks totally different. | 我每个签名好像都很不对劲 |
[22:27] | – Wait. What? – Yeah, look. | -等等 什么 -你看 |
[22:29] | This one’s in cursive, this one’s just printed, and then I, | 这个写得很潦草 这个是打印上去的 |
[22:32] | one I just wrote “Big Head,” But that’s not going to hold up. | 有个我写了个”大头” 但也不能说明问题 |
[22:34] | No, no, no. Did you just say Gavin Belson scrubbed the Internet? | 不不不 你刚说 加文·贝尔森给自己全网洗白 |
[22:39] | Oh, yeah. | 对 |
[22:42] | Yeah, and then they told me to my face, | 是的 他们还亲口告诉我 |
[22:44] | that after Nucleus was shut down, | 纽核力被关停之后 |
[22:46] | Gavin had one of his execs order them to scrub | 加文叫他的一个高管把互利搜索上 |
[22:48] | all negative mentions of Nucleus off of Hooli Search. | 所有关于纽核力的负面信息全清除了 |
[22:53] | Okay, when exactly did this happen? | 好吧 什么时候的事 |
[22:55] | No, no. Actually, uh… | 先等一下 那个… |
[22:58] | you told me that you would spike my story if I give you something better. | 你说如果我给你曝更猛的料 你就把我的事压下去 |
[23:01] | This is better, right? | 这就是了 对不对 |
[23:02] | Yeah. Light-years better, actually. Your story’s spiked. | 对 猛得没边了 你那事我压了 |
[23:05] | Great, okay. | 好了 那么 |
[23:06] | As long as we’re trading apples for comparable apples, | 只要能用苹果换等价的苹果[爆料交易] |
[23:09] | I’ve got a fresh and juicy that’s ripe for the picking. | 我现在就有个鲜嫩多汁只待采摘的 |
[23:12] | Ms. Cantwell, what say you to an exclusive | 坎特威尔女士 有没有兴趣曝一曝 |
[23:15] | on the launch of a future financial behemoth? | 未来金融巨头即将大展宏图的独家新闻 |
[23:18] | How about we just stick with Gavin? | 我们还是拿加文的事交换吧 |
[23:20] | Gavin for Richard? Deal? | 理查德换加文 成吗 |
[23:23] | Done. | 成交 |
[23:25] | Monica, do you really need to be here? | 莫妮卡 你干嘛还赖着不走 |
[23:35] | – Geek Squad. – The computer’s right here. | -“奇客特工” -电脑就在这儿 |
[23:40] | You’re not wearing the shirt. | 你怎么没穿制服 |
[23:43] | I spilled coffee on it. | 上面溅了咖啡 |
[23:45] | I’m a nerd. | 蠢到家了 |
[24:06] | All right. We’re all set here. | 行了 全部搞定 |
[24:17] | Yes! | 牛逼 |
[24:18] | Can I have my hard drive? | 我的硬盘呢 |
[24:21] | Oh, no. You fucking dick. | 不是吧 你个傻逼 |
[24:27] | Shit. | 糟了 |
[24:33] | You’re gonna be replacing it. | 你得换个新硬盘了 |
[24:42] | You’re back. How did the board meeting go? | 你回来了 董事会进展如何 |
[24:44] | Well, um… | 这个… |
[24:45] | You’re looking at the past, present, | 你面前的是过去 现在 |
[24:48] | and possibly future CEO of Pied Piper. | 可能还是未来的魔笛手执行总裁 |
[24:52] | – That is fab… – Oh… | -那可真是太… -好吧 |
[24:56] | – Congratulations! – Jared… | -恭喜你 -杰瑞德… |
[24:58] | My captain! | 船长大人 |
[24:59] | “O captain! My captain! Rise up and hear the bells. | “哦船长 我的船长 起来听听这钟声” |
[25:03] | Rise up… for you the flag is flung… for you the bugle trills.” | “起来 … 旌旗 为你招展 … 号角 为你长鸣” |
[25:07] | All right. Dismissed. | 好了 礼毕 |
[25:09] | Well, uh, just to remind you, | 就想提醒你一下 |
[25:12] | Pied Piper is still a sinking ship, so… | 魔笛手还是艘将沉之船 所以… |
[25:14] | Enough with the maritime metaphors. | 别再用那些和大海有关的比喻了 |
[25:16] | This is honestly like the best | 这真是我能想到的 |
[25:17] | birthday gift that I ever could’ve asked for. | 最好的生日礼物了 |
[25:19] | – It’s your birthday? – Oh, I don’t know. | -今天你生日 -我不知道 |
[25:21] | The CPS worker couldn’t find my birth certificate, | 儿童保护局的人没找到我的出生证明 |
[25:24] | but… maybe now it is. | 不过… 也许今天就是 |
[25:27] | And in other good news, | 还有个好消息 |
[25:28] | we’ve managed to fill out our engineering team. | 工程团队的成员找齐了 |
[25:32] | Did you tell them that my Fage’s off-limits? | 告诉他们不许碰我的法耶酸奶了吗 |
[25:34] | Oh, that… that won’t be a worry. | 那个… 你不用担心 |
[25:36] | Come meet them. | 过来见见他们 |
[25:37] | All right, guys, who wants to start work on the fragment uploader? | 伙计们 谁愿意做碎片上传工作 |
[25:40] | Uh, Gleb, why don’t you and Sanjay take it? | 格莱布 你和桑杰何不试试呢 |
[25:42] | Richard, say hi. | 理查德 打个招呼 |
[25:44] | Yes, hello. I am, Richard Hendricks, | 好的 你们好 我是 理查德·亨德里克斯 |
[25:47] | the CEO of Pied Piper. Welcome aboard. | 魔笛手的执行总裁 欢迎你们 |
[25:50] | – Hello. – What the fuck is going on here? | -你好 -这他妈干嘛呢 |
[25:52] | We got a little creative. | 我们有个新想法 |
[25:54] | I read that the woman who started Pegg’d built | 我听说 那个创办Pegg’d[某社交APP]的女人 |
[25:57] | her entire app using a team | 雇了个印度码农团队 |
[25:58] | of coders from India, she never met in person. | 开发她的应用程序 她从不亲自见他们 |
[26:01] | And it only cost $15,000. | 只要一万五就能搞定 |
[26:03] | So, yeah, so we figured why limit ourselves | 没错 所以我们想了下 既然我们 |
[26:05] | to a few expensive people in the Valley, | 能雇得起外援来做助阵 |
[26:07] | when we could afford a full complement if we outsourced? | 干嘛还死守着硅谷那些漫天要价的家伙 |
[26:11] | Uh, Richard, I know we said that we sold everything in the offices | 理查德 我知道有人说我们卖掉办公室所有东西 |
[26:14] | to pay for these guys, but that was not exactly true. | 来雇这些人 可并不是那么回事 |
[26:18] | Um, we kept one thing. | 我们还留下一件 |
[26:20] | Okay. | 什么 |
[26:25] | Oh, wow. It’s the CEO chair. | 哇 总裁椅 |
[26:33] | Have a seat. | 坐吧 |
[26:34] | Okay. | 好 |
[26:40] | Okay, uh… | 好吧… |
[26:41] | Well, why don’t we, | 大家现在可以 |
[26:44] | go around the room or screens or whatever, | 在房间里走动 转转屏幕 怎样都行 |
[26:46] | and, introduce ourselves? | 来介绍一下自己吧 |
[26:49] | Hello, my name is Gleb. I am in Bulgaria. | 你好 我叫格莱布 我现在保加利亚 |
[26:53] | Hello, I am Sanjay. I am here in Mumbai, India. | 你好 我叫桑杰 来自印度孟买 |
[26:57] | – You having trouble? – No. | -有问题吗 -没有 |
[26:58] | I am Elisabet. I am speaking to you from Estonia. | 我是伊丽莎白 来自爱沙尼亚 |
[27:02] | Uh, thank you for the… | 谢谢你… |
[27:04] | Whoa! | 妈呀 |
[27:07] | It’s fine. It’s fine. It’s fine. | 没关系 没事 没事 |
[27:08] | – I got it. I got it. It’s fine. – Dude. | -真没事 -服了你 |
[27:10] | You’re making a great first impression. | 首次出场 还真让人印象深刻 |
[27:13] | Sorry. Can we go to the… do the names one more time? | 抱歉 咱们能.. .再报一遍名字吗 |