时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:07] | How the fuck does something like this happen? | 怎么他妈会发生这种事 |
[00:10] | How does an elephant just die? | 大象怎么就死了 |
[00:13] | He was very old and depressed. | 它太老了 而且情绪低落 |
[00:16] | He’d recently been rescued from the circus, | 刚从马戏团被救出来不久 |
[00:18] | but as it turns out, he actually really loved performing. | 可其实 它真的很热爱表演 |
[00:21] | Who gives a fuck about the elephant? | 谁他妈关心大象 |
[00:23] | What about me? | 我正愁着呢 |
[00:24] | This does not look good. | 看上去不太妙 |
[00:26] | I’m having a bit of trouble figuring out how to remove him. | 我有点发愁 不知道怎么把它弄走 |
[00:29] | He weighs 9,000 pounds. | 它有四千多公斤重呢 |
[00:30] | Cut it up. | 肢解它 |
[00:32] | Take it out in pieces. | 一块一块地弄走 |
[00:33] | I… I don’t mean to interrupt, | 我… 无意打断二位 |
[00:34] | but… but I could call in a personal favor | 我… 我认识一个人 |
[00:37] | and get a helo crew out of Travis AFB | 他能联系崔维斯空军基地的直升机组 |
[00:39] | with a Sikorsky Skycrane to airlift it out | 用西科斯基公司的空中起重机运走大象 |
[00:41] | and drop it in the ocean right after dark. | 趁着夜深人静把它丢进海里 |
[00:42] | No muss, no fuss. | 神不知 鬼不觉 |
[00:45] | There. | 看 |
[00:46] | Was that so hard, Patrice? | 很难吗 派翠丝 |
[00:47] | Because Hoover sure didn’t think so. | 胡佛就觉得不难啊 |
[00:49] | I mean, I just found my footing again, | 我刚重新找到立足点 |
[00:51] | and you put me in danger of losing it all | 就因为这该死的大象 |
[00:52] | over some fucking elephant? | 我可能被你害得一无所有 |
[00:55] | Gavin, you always said that | 加文 你总是说 |
[00:57] | here at Hooli, “In order to achieve greatness, | 在互利 “为了成就伟大事业 |
[01:00] | we must first achieve goodness.” | 我们先要与人为善” |
[01:02] | Right. | 没错 |
[01:04] | So? | 然后呢 |
[01:05] | So… | 然后… |
[01:07] | I was a bridesmaid at Sean Parker’s wedding | 我在西恩·帕克的婚礼上当过伴娘 |
[01:10] | when he handed out live bunnies as plush toys. | 当他把活兔子当成毛绒玩具时 |
[01:13] | That wasn’t goodness. | 那可不是善意 |
[01:15] | It was badness. | 而是恶意 |
[01:16] | And so is this. | 这大象也一样 |
[01:18] | You’re using endangered animals | 你用濒危动物 |
[01:20] | just to make points at board meetings. | 仅仅为了在董事会上阐述观点 |
[01:22] | I’m drawing thoughtful, zoological comparisons. | 我那是做深思熟虑过的 动物学上的比较 |
[01:25] | But couldn’t you just show them a picture of these animals? | 可难道不能用动物图片代替吗 |
[01:28] | A simple Hooli search would yield thousands of choices. | 用互利随便一搜就能搜到很多 |
[01:32] | Patrice, I thank you for your honesty, | 派翠丝 感谢你的坦诚 |
[01:34] | and I will repay you with my own. | 我会用我的坦诚回复你 |
[01:35] | I honestly never want to see you in my offices again. | 我再也不想在办公室看见你 |
[01:38] | You’re fired. | 你被炒了 |
[01:40] | Hoover? | 胡佛 |
[01:41] | – Scramble that Skycrane. – Yes, sir. | -联系你朋友 -好的 先生 |
[01:56] | Please, come in. | 请进 |
[01:58] | Come in. Have a seat. | 进来 坐吧 |
[01:59] | I won’t take a lot of your time. | 不会占用你很多时间 |
[02:01] | I promise. | 我保证 |
[02:02] | Okay. | 好的 |
[02:03] | Would you like some tea? | 想喝点茶吗 |
[02:04] | I can put a kettle on the hot plate. | 我可以把茶壶加热一下 |
[02:07] | No, I’m fine. Thank you. | 不用了 谢谢 |
[02:08] | There’s no trouble. | 不麻烦的 |
[02:09] | You know what? I have a box of… | 其实 我有一盒… |
[02:11] | of Russell Stover’s if the spiders didn’t get into ’em. | 拉塞尔斯托福巧克力 可惜被蜘蛛爬过 |
[02:14] | Jared, is this about the fake users? | 杰瑞德 是想说虚假用户的事吗 |
[02:18] | You know? | 你知道 |
[02:19] | Two days ago, I wanted to look | 两天前 我想看看 |
[02:20] | at user behavior to figure out | 用户行为 以便分析 |
[02:22] | what spurred the sudden uptick, | 是什么促使用户量激增 |
[02:23] | and, well, I noticed something. | 然而 我发现一些事 |
[02:25] | Almost all of our new users | 几乎所有新增的用户 |
[02:27] | were just uploading a single photo | 仅仅只是上传一张图 |
[02:29] | into a shared folder, and then the next day, | 到共享文件夹 接着第二天 |
[02:32] | they would take the photo out and then put it back in | 取出照片 然后再把它挪回去 |
[02:34] | the day after that and that’s it. | 日复一日 就是这样 |
[02:36] | You know, just enough to qualify as a daily active user. | 刚好符合日常活跃用户的标准 |
[02:39] | Classic click-farm behavior. | 典型的点阅农场行为 |
[02:41] | And then I remembered our conversation in the bathtub, | 然后我就想起我俩在浴缸里的谈话 |
[02:42] | and it just… it had to be you. | 这… 只可能是你 |
[02:45] | Richard, I am so sorry. | 理查德 很抱歉 |
[02:47] | It’s okay. | 没关系 |
[02:48] | Would it make you feel better to… to strike me? | 揍… 揍我一顿会不会… 让你好受点 |
[02:50] | No. You… you had good intentions, Jared. | 不用 你… 你是出于好意 杰瑞德 |
[02:52] | Honestly, don’t give it another thought. | 坦白说 这事过去算了 |
[02:54] | Just, you know… | 你知道… |
[02:55] | you and I right now are the only ones that know about it. Okay? | 这事目前 只有你和我知道 |
[02:59] | And in a few weeks, when we run out of money, | 几周后 当我们弹尽粮绝的时候 |
[03:02] | this will all be over anyway. | 迟早是要散伙的 |
[03:04] | – Richard? – Yes? | -理查德 -咋了 |
[03:08] | We have a secret. | 这是我俩的秘密 |
[03:10] | Yeah. | 没错 |
[03:13] | I mean, I swear to god, | 我对天发誓 |
[03:15] | your dicks would have blown | 你们的老二一定会被吹到 |
[03:16] | out of the back of your assholes | 冲出你们的屁眼 |
[03:17] | if you had been there, hand to God. | 只要你们去到那里 我发誓 |
[03:19] | Hey, guys. What’s going on? | 各位 什么情况啊 |
[03:20] | Richard, sit down. I did it. | 理查德 坐吧 我成功了 |
[03:22] | I saved the company. | 我拯救了公司 |
[03:24] | What do you… What? How? | 你… 什么 |
[03:26] | Jared, have you been crying? | 杰瑞德 你在哭吗 |
[03:27] | Yes, but for ordinary reasons. | 是 不过没什么的 |
[03:29] | – Please, go on. – Okay. | -继续说 -好 |
[03:31] | I was at The Rosewood for lunch. | 我在瑰丽酒店打算吃午饭 |
[03:33] | I mean, it was the lunch hour. | 刚好赶上饭点 |
[03:34] | I was there, I wasn’t eating, the usual. | 我在那里 像往常一样 没吃什么 |
[03:36] | So, I walk over to Andreessen and I say something funny, | 我去跟安德鲁森[网景创始人]讲了个笑话 |
[03:38] | but he stone-faces me. | 可他面无表情 |
[03:41] | What did you say? | 你说什么了 |
[03:42] | It doesn’t matter. The point is, it was hilarious, | 这不要紧 关键是 明明很好笑 |
[03:44] | but he gave me nothing and neither did his friends. | 他和他朋友却没反应 |
[03:47] | Then I realized why. | 后来我明白了 |
[03:49] | You’re not funny? | 你根本不幽默? |
[03:50] | No, Gilfoyle, but that is. | 不 吉弗约尔 说得是 |
[03:52] | No, it’s that everybody thinks | 不 所有人都觉得 |
[03:55] | Pied Piper is in this death spiral, | 魔笛手在死亡的漩涡中 |
[03:56] | so it would be inappropriate to laugh at my hysterical joke. | 听我疯狂的笑话发笑并不合适 |
[03:59] | And it hits me. | 这提醒了我 |
[04:01] | I know something that they don’t. | 我知道他们不知道的事 |
[04:03] | I know about the uptick. | 我知道这个上涨 |
[04:06] | The uptick? | 上涨? |
[04:07] | Yes, the uptick! | 是的 上涨 |
[04:10] | The recent sudden surge in users. | 最近的用户量激增 |
[04:12] | Yeah. That. | 是的 没错 |
[04:13] | Yes, that. So, while our fortune is rising, | 就是它 在我们的财富上涨时 |
[04:15] | everybody else thinks that it’s plummeting, | 其他人都以为它在暴跌 |
[04:18] | and I can use these opposing forces | 我就能把这个作为反冲力 |
[04:21] | to a multiplying effect like a slingshot, | 来增大影响 像弹弓一样 |
[04:23] | and then I make a decision. | 于是我决定 |
[04:25] | I’m gonna make a move. | 我要行动了 |
[04:26] | So, I say something cryptic about the uptick, | 我隐晦地谈了一下这个上涨 |
[04:29] | and I walk away. | 然后走了 |
[04:30] | – What did you say? – I don’t know. I can’t remember. | -你说什么了 -不知道 忘了 |
[04:32] | But I walk over and I see McNamee’s having the short rib, | 不过我看见麦克纳米[著名科技风投者]在吃小肋排 |
[04:35] | which I hear is delicious but not too heavy, | 听说那个好吃又不腻味 |
[04:37] | and then I say to him, | 我就跟他说 |
[04:38] | “You’re gonna have to tuck in your tie-dye | “你要是想在这儿吃 |
[04:40] | if you want to eat here.” | 就得把你的T恤衫塞好” |
[04:42] | – how’s that relevant? – It’s not. | -这有啥关联吗 -没有 |
[04:45] | But the people that I just walked away from don’t know that. | 可我路过的那些人不知道 |
[04:48] | All they know is that I’m over there | 他们只知道我在那里 |
[04:49] | exchanging witty banter with McNamee, | 跟麦克纳米谈笑风生 |
[04:52] | and about what, they don’t know. | 具体谈什么 他们不知道 |
[04:53] | It’s all that they do want to know. | 但他们确实又想知道 |
[04:55] | And then, it settles in. | 然后 一切搞定 |
[04:58] | F.O.M.O. | 社交控 |
[05:00] | The fear of missing out. | 担心错过 |
[05:02] | Suddenly, it feels like time is slowing down. | 突然 时间好像变慢了 |
[05:04] | I could see every move I was going to make 12 steps ahead. | 我可以提前12步预见我的行动 |
[05:06] | It was like I was Bobby Fischer if he could really fuck. | 我就像鲍比·菲舍尔[世界棋王] 如果他够厉害 |
[05:09] | I go outside, I walk across the street | 我走出去 过街走到 |
[05:11] | to Graylock, I check in on Instagram, | 格雷洛克[硅谷顶尖风投公司] 刷了一下Ins |
[05:13] | Vinod Khosla calls me, asks me what I doing there. | 维诺德·科斯拉[风投专家]打电话过来 问我在那干嘛 |
[05:15] | I say, “I can’t talk right now. Call me at Wood Opal.” | 我说 “现在不方便 等我到木蛋白基金了再打来” |
[05:18] | Well, he does, and then suddenly Wood Opal is going, | 他打了 然后木蛋白基金那边突然又问 |
[05:21] | “What’s Khosla got going on with Bachman?” | “科斯拉和巴克曼干什么呢” |
[05:23] | Meanwhile, I’m taking a leak at a Restoration Hardware. | 这时 我准备去五金店撒尿 |
[05:26] | I jack off a little bit. I don’t cum. | 我小撸它一把 不过先不射 |
[05:28] | And then it snowballs. | 事态随即转变 |
[05:30] | I deftly played Ross Loma against Index Ventures. | 我曾机智地操纵罗斯洛马对决指数创投 |
[05:34] | And because of that, the big kahuna bites. | 基于这一点 大人物上钩了 |
[05:38] | Sequoia. | 红杉资本 |
[05:40] | I spend the next 20 minutes denying calls from Jim Goetz, | 随后20分钟我不停拒接吉姆·格茨的电话[红杉资本合伙人] |
[05:43] | over and over. | 一次又一次 |
[05:45] | And yes, I’m jacking off, but I don’t need to ejaculate | 是的 我是在撸 可我没必要射 |
[05:47] | because by the time I listen to the messages, | 因为我听取信息的时候 |
[05:50] | I’ve got offers, I’ve got counters, | 我就有报价了 有筹码了 |
[05:53] | I’ve got counter-counters. | 有了对抗竞争的筹码 |
[05:55] | I cum. | 我才射 |
[05:57] | When the dust settled… | 尘埃落定时… |
[06:00] | and the losers went home, all that was left was this. | 失败者撤退 只剩下这个 |
[06:04] | “Hello, Mr. Bachman. | “你好 巴克曼先生 |
[06:06] | “Coleman Blair Partners would like to offer Pied Piper | “科尔曼·布莱尔拍档[风投公司]想给魔笛手提供 |
[06:10] | “A Series B round of $6 million | “六百万美元的二轮融资 |
[06:13] | on a $60 million valuation.” | 基于六千万的收益估价” |
[06:20] | Yeah! | 耶 |
[06:21] | Holy shit. | 我擦 |
[06:23] | And this asshole wanted to pivot to video chat. | 这混蛋想过把重心转到视频聊天哦 |
[06:26] | Still valid. | 仍然有效 |
[06:27] | Although less sexy now. I’ll concede that. | 虽然不再惊艳 我承认 |
[06:29] | It’s my Mona Lisa. | 这是我的蒙娜丽莎 |
[06:31] | And the entire cornerstone | 在整个基石之上 |
[06:33] | upon which I built this motherfucking cathedral | 我得以建起这狗日的大教堂 |
[06:36] | that I will forever be remembered for, | 我将因此流芳百世 |
[06:38] | was this beautiful little uptick. | 这基石便是 这迷人的小涨 |
[06:44] | I think I have a bottle of Cold Duck in the crisper. | 冰箱里应该还有瓶”冷鸭”[气泡酒] |
[06:46] | Who’s drinking? Come on! | 谁想喝 来啊 |
[06:48] | I got a bottle of Martinelli’s for you, Jared. | 我有瓶”马提内利”[苹果汁]给你 杰瑞德 |
[06:50] | This is a big day! | 这是个大日子 |
[06:52] | We did it! Yes! | 起死回生了 擦 |
[06:55] | -Are there any wine coolers? – I’ll talk to him. | -还有冷酒器吗 -我去跟他谈 |
[06:57] | I… I’ll talk to him. | 我… 我去吧 |
[06:59] | Here’s my Hooli badge. | 这是我的互利工牌 |
[07:02] | And I have a hanging tag | 我车上后视镜挂着 |
[07:04] | on my rear-view mirror for the parking structure. | 立体停车场的吊卡 |
[07:06] | Can I just mail that in? | 我把它寄给你行吗 |
[07:07] | No, you need to go get that now. | 不行 马上得给我 |
[07:10] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[07:20] | tips@coderag.com | 科技业八卦? 马上联系CJ Cantwell |
[07:35] | Hey, Dinesh. | 迪内希 |
[07:36] | I’m just… looking for Erlich. Have you seen him? | 我在… 找埃利希 你看到他了吗 |
[07:39] | Oh, he went to the liquor store. | 他去酒水商店了 |
[07:40] | Gotta keep the party going, you know? | 得让派对继续啊 是吧 |
[07:41] | Oh yeah. Yeah, Series B. Crazy, right? | 没错 二轮融资 神奇吧 |
[07:43] | – Oh, it’s unreal. – Yeah. | -太不真实了 -是啊 |
[07:45] | Almost like some of our users. | 简直就像我们某些用户 |
[07:49] | What? | 啥 |
[07:50] | What… what does that mean? | 你… 什么意思 |
[07:52] | Oh, “Unreal” has so many meanings. | “不真实”有很多意思 |
[07:54] | “Fake,” “Paid for,” | “假的” “付钱做事” |
[07:56] | “One person in Bangladesh pretending to be 6,000.” | “孟加拉国的一人充六千人” |
[08:00] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[08:02] | All right, Dinesh… | 迪内希… |
[08:03] | Oh, no. | 别介 |
[08:04] | I don’t want to know a fucking thing. | 我他妈啥都不想知道 |
[08:06] | Okay then. Great. | 那行 很好 |
[08:08] | I won’t tell you anything because nothing happened. | 我啥都不会说 因为啥也没发生 |
[08:12] | Great. | 很好 |
[08:13] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[08:15] | But if something did happen, | 但如果有事发生 |
[08:17] | and we’re not saying it did, | 只是打个比方啊 |
[08:19] | the fact remains… | 事实还是… |
[08:20] | that leaves us in a very advantageous position. | 我们目前处境很有利 |
[08:23] | There’s a lot of money on the table. | 有人提供我们很多钱 |
[08:25] | And it would be a shame if that went away. | 如果不要实在太可惜了 |
[08:27] | You know what else would be a shame… | 你知道还有什么可惜吗… |
[08:28] | is if I couldn’t find my flash drive. | 就是我找不到我的U盘了 |
[08:32] | Gilfoyle, have you seen my flash drive? | 吉弗约尔 见过我的U盘吗 |
[08:34] | Right, the one with the zombie script on it? | 有僵尸脚本[程序]的那个 |
[08:36] | Why yes, the zombie script that randomizes user action | 哦对 让平台用户行为随机化的僵尸脚本 |
[08:40] | in platforms such as Pied Piper. | 比如魔笛手平台的 |
[08:41] | You mean so that | 用了之后 |
[08:43] | fake users and click farms would be | 虚假用户和点阅农场 |
[08:45] | absolutely indistinguishable from real users? | 能和真实用户一样 无法区分吗 |
[08:48] | Oh, I suppose. | 应该是的 |
[08:49] | I mean, especially during due diligence, | 尤其在风投审查期这会儿 |
[08:51] | like the kind done by VCs or possible future reviews | 或者是 以后可能会有的 |
[08:54] | done by certain regulatory bodies. | 某些监管机构的审查期 |
[08:58] | It also had photos of my auntie. | U盘里也有我大姨的照片 |
[09:01] | Anyway, Gilfoyle, have you seen it? | 吉弗约尔 你到底见过没 |
[09:03] | I have not. | 没见过 |
[09:04] | Well, Richard, keep an eye out for it, will ya? | 那好 理查德 留意一下这U盘 可好 |
[09:16] | Hey, Gilfoyle, you wanna come inside and help me | 吉弗约尔 你愿意进来帮我 |
[09:18] | – get a new flash drive on www.Staples.Com? – Yeah, I think | -在史泰博买个新U盘吗 -行啊 |
[09:23] | – we’re sort of done with the ruse. – Okay. | -别玩暗号了 -好吧 |
[09:25] | Okay, fine. Well, whatever you did | 那就这样 无论你做了什么 |
[09:27] | or didn’t do, that was serial-killer-level shit. | 或者没做什么 都是连环杀手级的 |
[09:30] | Agreed. | 同意 |
[09:31] | I think I finally respect you as a CEO. | 我总算 敬佩你这个执行总裁了 |
[09:38] | Fuck. | 操 |
[09:49] | This is fraud. | 这是诈骗 |
[09:50] | Is it? | 是吗 |
[09:52] | I mean, our… our platform does exactly what we say it does. | 我们… 平台有我们描述的所有功能 |
[09:56] | Okay? It’s not like we’re lying about it | 是吧 我们又没撒谎 |
[09:58] | like fucking Theranos. | 不像那傻逼Theranos |
[09:59] | And if our platform works, which we know it will, | 如果平台奏效 我们知道它会的 |
[10:02] | we will make them billions of dollars. | 我们能帮他们挣几十亿美刀 |
[10:05] | Everybody wins, Jared. | 皆大欢喜 杰瑞德 |
[10:06] | You still believe that, right? | 你还有信心的吧 |
[10:07] | That, if given enough time, the platform will catch on? | 相信如果时间足够 平台能迎头赶上 |
[10:10] | Richard, don’t weaponize my faith in you against me. | 理查德 别用我对你的信念对付我 |
[10:14] | Your faith made all this possible. | 你的信念让一切成为可能 |
[10:17] | It’s wrong. | 这不对 |
[10:18] | Well, every time I try to do the right thing, I get fucked. | 每次我想做对的事 结果都砸了 |
[10:21] | And if I do the right thing here, | 如果这件事又是对的 |
[10:22] | we’re done. That’s it. | 咱就完了 就这样 |
[10:23] | Doesn’t seem like much of an option, does it? | 好像没有多少选择余地 是吧 |
[10:29] | Dang, they’re all just so good. | 小党 这些都很棒 |
[10:32] | Gavin, CJ Cantwell, line one. | 加文 CJ·坎特威尔在线上 |
[10:35] | Dang, let’s pick this up tomorrow. | 小党 咱明天继续 |
[10:40] | CJ CJ. | |
[10:41] | I’m finishing a story I’d love a comment on. | 我想听你评论我的一则新闻 |
[10:43] | It’s about the death of an unpermitted Indian elephant | 有关一只在你雕塑园里死亡的 |
[10:47] | named Maurice in your sculpture garden and its subsequent | 叫莫里斯的非法入境的亚洲象 |
[10:50] | illegal dumping in the San Francisco Bay. | 以及此后在旧金山湾抛尸的非法勾当 |
[10:52] | That’s preposterous. | 简直是胡扯 |
[10:54] | Mm, I have a very good source. | 此信息来源非常可靠 |
[10:57] | What do you propose we do here? | 那你有何提议呢 |
[10:59] | Well, I have one idea. | 我有个想法 |
[11:01] | And what, pray tell, might that be? | 说来听听 |
[11:04] | CJ sold the blog for $2 million. | 坎特威尔以两百万卖了博客 |
[11:08] | No shit. | 开玩笑 |
[11:10] | Bachmanity rides again. | 不愧是巴克曼主义啊 |
[11:11] | Well, not exactly. I called Big Head | 不尽然 是我打给大头 |
[11:14] | to tell him that our share was worth half a mil each, | 跟他说我俩的股份各值五十万 |
[11:16] | and, not five minutes later, | 然后没过五分钟 |
[11:18] | his father, one Nelson Bighetti, Sr., | 他爹 老尼尔森·比盖蒂 |
[11:21] | called me and explained that I was never to have | 打电话来告诉我 别妄想再跟他儿子 |
[11:23] | any financial dealings with his son | 有任何财务上的往来 |
[11:26] | in perpetuity, ever | 永远 别想 |
[11:28] | or he would get very Italian on me. | 否则他要让我瞧瞧意大利人如何”办事” |
[11:30] | And I’m not interested to find out what that means. | 我并不打算一探究竟 |
[11:33] | Okay. Shall we? | 好了 走吧 |
[11:35] | To Coleman Blair! Let’s close this fucker. | 去科曼·布莱尔公司 赶快拿下这笔交易 |
[11:37] | Good luck, fellas. | 同志们 祝好运 |
[12:04] | Remember, you just sit there and look pretty. | 记住 你只需乖乖坐在那儿 |
[12:07] | Leave all the talking to me. | 让我来谈 |
[12:09] | And if you mention my Montblanc, | 如果你说到我的万宝龙笔 |
[12:10] | then, don’t make it overt, like I told you to. | 按我说的来 别太过了 |
[12:13] | But do. | 别忘了 |
[12:18] | Hey, what’s up? | 怎么回事 |
[12:19] | Are you guys out raising money from someone else? | 你们要从别人那儿筹款吗 |
[12:22] | Monica, it’s, it’s kind of a long story. | 莫妮卡 这… 说来话长 |
[12:24] | Why are you whispering? | 你那么小声干嘛 |
[12:27] | Oh, my god, you’re there right now, aren’t you? | 天哪 你们现在准备谈了 是吧 |
[12:30] | Jesus! Do you have any idea | 我去 你知道你们这样 |
[12:31] | how big of an asshole you’re making me look here? | 会显得我是个多大的混蛋吗 |
[12:33] | Laurie just lost her shit at me, okay? | 劳芮之前就向我发火了 |
[12:35] | So, you need to turn around and walk the hell out of there. | 你现在得马上离开那儿 |
[12:37] | Erlich put all this together. I really had nothing to do with it. | 埃利希安排的这一切 与我无关 |
[12:40] | You have everything to do with it. | 咋与你无关了 |
[12:42] | You’re the fucking CEO, Richard! | 理查德 你是他妈的执行总裁啊 |
[12:43] | Whatever your company does is 100% on you! | 公司的一切你都逃不了干系 |
[12:47] | Gentlemen. | 先生们 |
[12:49] | They’re ready for you. | 他们在等你们呢 |
[12:51] | Yes. I… I gotta go. | 好的 我… 我得挂了 |
[12:52] | Do not hang up on me. | 你别挂电话 |
[12:53] | Richard, do not… | 理查德 你别… |
[12:56] | So listen, we’re pumped, guys. | 听着 我们翘首以盼 |
[12:57] | We’re thrilled to be getting into Pied Piper | 很激动能在这个转折点 |
[12:59] | right at this inflection point. | 加入魔笛手 |
[13:00] | It’s very exciting. | 真兴奋啊 |
[13:01] | We are pumped as well. Aren’t we, Richard? | 我们也很期待 是吗 理查德 |
[13:03] | Richard… | 理查德… |
[13:04] | – Pumped. – Pumped! | -很期待 -无比憧憬 |
[13:05] | – We are pumped up. – Pumped up. | -我们非常振奋 -是啊 振奋 |
[13:07] | So we’ll just need your John Hancock right here. | 那就只需用你的约翰·汉考克笔签个名 |
[13:11] | Oh, sure, Richard. | 行 理查德 |
[13:13] | You can use my Montblanc. | 你可以用我的万宝龙 |
[13:17] | This is an actual term sheet. | 这是正式的投资意向书 |
[13:19] | And once I sign this… this, that’s it, right? | 一旦我签了名… 就无法挽回了 是吧 |
[13:22] | Yup. No turning back. | 没错 不能反悔 |
[13:26] | You can have your lawyers vet | 不放心的话 |
[13:27] | the actual stock purchase agreement | 你可以让你的律师 |
[13:29] | once we close here just to make sure | 在咱们签完字后 |
[13:30] | no one is pulling any funny business. | 来审查一遍股票认购合同 |
[13:32] | No, no. No, my lawyer is in jail, so. | 不 我律师蹲班房呢 所以 |
[13:36] | So. | 所以 |
[13:46] | Oh, my god. I… | 天哪 我… |
[13:48] | Wow, I can’t believe I didn’t think of this before, because, | 难以置信 我以前怎么没想到过这个 |
[13:52] | well, let me put it to you this way. | 让我这么说吧 |
[13:53] | What would you say if I told you that | 如果我将你们熟知 |
[13:55] | the same compression that you know and love | 且热爱的这个压缩法 |
[13:57] | is being used in a world-beating, | 用于举世瞩目的 |
[13:59] | game-changing… wait for it… | 划时代的… 等等… |
[14:02] | video conferencing application? | 视频会议应用程序中如何 |
[14:04] | Wouldn’t that be interesting? | 不会 很 有趣吗 |
[14:09] | – What? – You mean like Hooli-Chat? | -啥 -像互利聊天室一样吗 |
[14:11] | This will be far superior to Hooli-Chat. | 这比互利聊天室高端多了 |
[14:14] | You may want to fund that instead. | 估计你们想转而投资这个 |
[14:16] | In fact, why don’t I… | 事实上 何不… |
[14:17] | why don’t I just go home, I’ll grab my laptop, | 何不让我现在回家拿电脑 |
[14:19] | I’ll come back here, I’ll show it to you guys. | 回来演示给你们呢 |
[14:21] | It’s not that far. I don’t mind. | 离这儿不远 我不介意的 |
[14:22] | – I’ll tell you what, I’ll grab an Uber. – Richard, what… | -要不我现在就叫辆优步 -理查德 搞啥呢… |
[14:24] | – No, no, no, no. – It’s no problem. | -别啊 -不麻烦 |
[14:25] | – Richard, what the fuck are you doing? – There. I’ve ordered it. | -理查德 你他妈搞什么 -看 车叫好了 |
[14:27] | Neal is in a blue KIA Sportage and he’s right around the corner. | 车主尼尔驾驶一辆蓝色起亚狮跑 就在这附近 |
[14:29] | All right, all right. Look, look, look. | 好吧 好吧 你们听着 |
[14:30] | I don’t know who else you’re talking to about the platform, | 我不清楚你们还和谁谈过平台 |
[14:33] | but I’m willing to go up to seven million on 70. Okay? | 但我愿意以七千万的估价 提高融资到七百万 |
[14:37] | But that’s it. | 封顶价 |
[14:37] | You sign this thing right here and right now. | 现在就在这儿签下合同 |
[14:40] | Bravo, Richard. Nice neg. | 漂亮 理查德 以退为进 |
[14:42] | Now sign it. | 签了它 |
[14:43] | Thank you. Very generous of you. | 出手大方 感激不尽 |
[14:45] | I just… I just want to | 我只是… 我只是想 |
[14:47] | make sure that you’re aware of all the feedback | 确定你们都知道所有反馈意见 |
[14:49] | ’cause we had some focus groups and there were some issues. | 我们进行过小组座谈 发现了些问题 |
[14:51] | Just so you’re clear, | 就让你们知道 |
[14:52] | people have been wondering, “Where are my files? | 有人疑惑 “我的文件在哪儿 |
[14:55] | Zero K used? Where’s the download button? | 1K内存都没用 下载键呢 |
[14:58] | – “The terminator…” – All right, all right, you know what? | -“终结者…” -够了 够了 |
[14:59] | Cause it… | 因为它… |
[15:00] | I’m gonna sign it. Can I sign it? I’ll sign it. | 给我签 我能签吗 我来签 |
[15:02] | You can if you want, but we still need his signature. | 你可以签 但他的签名才管用 |
[15:10] | Richard, sign it. | 理查德 快签 |
[15:12] | That’s two years of runway. | 已经拖了两年 |
[15:14] | – Sign it now! – I can’t. | -现在就签 -不签 |
[15:15] | Why the fuck not? | 为毛不签啊 |
[15:17] | Because the numbers are fake. | 因为这些数据是假的 |
[15:20] | What? | 什么 |
[15:21] | What? What do you mean? | 你什么意思 |
[15:22] | – What do you… – We bought… | -你什么… -我们从… |
[15:25] | fake users from a Bangladeshi click farm. | 孟加拉的点阅农场雇了水军 |
[15:29] | The uptick was fake. | 用户量上涨是假的 |
[15:32] | But the… the vid chat… | 不过… 视频聊天… |
[15:35] | is real. | 是真的 |
[15:37] | Erlich, the fake users were just meant to cheer the guys up. | 埃利希 水军只是用来鼓舞士气 |
[15:40] | I had no idea you were gonna take those numbers… | 我不知道你想用这些数据… |
[15:41] | And what, and go do my fucking job? | 然后什么 去干我的工作吗 |
[15:43] | Pour everything I had into getting the best possible | 为了魔笛手能拿到最高成交价 |
[15:45] | deal for Pied Piper because I believe in them? | 我倾我所能 就因为我相信它吗 |
[15:48] | Well, that’s all over now. | 现在 没戏了 |
[15:49] | Richard, we are fucked! | 理查德 我们他妈玩完了 |
[15:52] | In the amount of time that it took for us to get | 就在我们从办公室来这儿 |
[15:54] | from that office to right here, | 这段时间里 |
[15:55] | every VC in the Valley knows about this. | 这事已经传遍所有风投公司 |
[15:57] | If I signed those term sheets, I would be committing fraud. | 如果真签了合同 我就犯了诈骗罪 |
[16:00] | That’s a fucking crime! | 成了诈骗犯 |
[16:01] | You’re saying you wanted me to… | 你说你希望我… |
[16:02] | No, I wanted you to fucking think about that | 不 希望你在拉着我 |
[16:04] | before you paraded me around the whole fucking valley | 和整个硅谷推销你的谎言之前 |
[16:07] | to sell your lie! | 好好想想 |
[16:08] | And then suddenly grew a thick, girthy conscience | 而你突然长了颗粗壮的良心 |
[16:11] | and fucked me with it. | 还用它来玩老子 |
[16:12] | Are you Richard? | 你是理查德吗 |
[16:14] | – Did you order an Uber? – No. | -你叫过优步吗 -没有 |
[16:17] | All you had to do was keep your fucking mouth shut | 只要你闭紧那张臭嘴 签了那张纸 |
[16:21] | and sign that piece of paper. | 一切万事大吉 |
[16:23] | We would have fixed it afterwards. | 我们可以事后解决问题 |
[16:25] | But you didn’t. You caked your pants. | 但你没这么做 你吓屎了 |
[16:27] | No, better yet, you caked my pants. | 还不够 还把老子拉下水 |
[16:30] | Fuck you, Richard Hendricks. | 操你大爷 理查德·亨德里克斯 |
[16:31] | Fuck you. | 操你大爷 |
[16:34] | Richard Hendricks? | 你就是理查德·亨德里克斯 |
[16:35] | Prick. | 混蛋 |
[16:44] | – Hey. – Hey, Monica. | -在呢 -你好 莫妮卡 |
[16:47] | Is Richard here? I heard what happened, | 理查德在吗 我刚刚都听说了 |
[16:49] | but he’s not answering any of my calls. | 但他不接我电话 |
[16:50] | We just wanted you to know for the record | 我们只想让你知道 |
[16:52] | that we had no idea any of that stuff was going on. | 我们完全不知道发生了那种事 |
[16:55] | Still trying to wrap our heads around it. | 还在想着怎么发生的 |
[16:57] | Point is, don’t beat yourself up about not seeing it. | 关键是 不要因为没察觉到而责怪自己 |
[17:00] | I’m not beating myself up… | 我没责怪自己… |
[17:02] | I hope you don’t think we’re guilty by association, | 我希望 你不觉得我们有连带责任 |
[17:05] | because then we would have to think | 不然 我们就得认为你也有罪 |
[17:06] | you’re guilty by association, which we don’t. | 因为你也是一员 虽然我们不认为[你有罪] |
[17:08] | Just want to let you know that we would definitely work | 只想让你知道 以后 我们非常愿意 |
[17:11] | with you again in the future. | 和你再共事 |
[17:12] | It’s good to know. Guys, thanks. | 了解 伙计们 多谢 |
[17:15] | Um… is he in his room? | 呃… 他在房里吗 |
[17:17] | I mean, he said he was. | 他说他在 |
[17:20] | But… | 但… |
[17:23] | I’m gonna go to his room. | 我现在去他房里 |
[17:29] | What’s up, Gleb? | 怎么了 格莱布 |
[17:30] | I hear, Richard shit bed? | 我听说 理查德一蹶不振 |
[17:33] | So, the platform is no goo-oo-oo-oo… | 平台发展也差 差 差 差… |
[17:36] | Fuck, now the vid chat’s fucking up. | 靠 现在视频聊天也他妈有问题 |
[17:40] | Odd, considering who wrote the code for it. | 奇怪了 想想是谁写的代码 |
[17:42] | Not the code. The server is overloaded. | 不是代码的事 服务器超载而已 |
[17:44] | How is that possible? We only gave it to like 12 people. | 怎么可能 我们只给过大概12个人 |
[17:46] | Well, there’s a few more than that using it now. | 好吧 现在用的人比12多一点 |
[17:51] | Holy shit. | 活久见 |
[17:52] | For what it’s worth, Richard, | 无论如何 理查德 |
[17:54] | I think you did the right thing. | 我觉得你做得对 |
[17:55] | And I can see now why you didn’t want to come to us for funding. | 我现在明白你不愿找我们投资的原因了 |
[17:58] | You were trying to protect us. | 你是想保护我们 |
[18:00] | Yeah. | 对 |
[18:02] | Well, I really appreciate it. | 我很感激 |
[18:03] | Laurie wants out. | 劳芮想撤 |
[18:06] | Even a whiff of fraud is a mortal sin for VCs. | 对于风投来说 一点欺骗都是致命罪过 |
[18:10] | She needs to wash her hands of any Pied Piper business. | 她得甩掉所有的魔笛手业务 |
[18:13] | She’s forcing a sale. | 她在强行出售 |
[18:14] | Fuck. | 操 |
[18:17] | Yeah, frick. | 次 奥 |
[18:20] | But it is an open auction, | 不过 这是公开竞价 |
[18:21] | and, you know, between the fraudulent numbers | 鉴于虚假数据 |
[18:23] | and the real numbers, | 和真实数据的差距 |
[18:26] | you guys aren’t exactly killing it out there. | 你们其实没有什么市场 |
[18:28] | So, there is a chance that no one will bid | 所以 有可能没人来竞价 |
[18:30] | and you might be able to buy back your own company | 这样 你们大概可以用近乎零的资本 |
[18:32] | for next to nothing. | 买回自己的公司 |
[18:33] | That will have to be for literally nothing | 那得是真正意义上的零[一无所有] |
[18:35] | because we’re out of money. | 因为我们分文不剩 |
[18:42] | Jesus! Are you okay? | 天呐 你没事吧 |
[18:44] | Yeah, we’re fine. | 我们没事 |
[18:47] | All right, I spun together a few more servers. | 好了 更多的服务器同时运转 |
[18:49] | That should handle the traffic. | 应该能解决滞缓问题 |
[18:51] | Look at this. There are 157 people using it near Gleb. | 看 格莱布周围有157人使用 |
[18:54] | And 400 people using it near Tara in Boston. | 在波士顿 塔拉周围有四百人使用 |
[18:57] | Yeah, I told her to give it to her Satanist friends out there. | 对 我让她把它介绍给那边的撒旦信徒朋友 |
[19:00] | Looks like she did. | 看起来她做到了 |
[19:01] | She knows 400 Satanists in Boston? | 她认识四百个波士顿的撒旦信徒吗 |
[19:05] | The Catholic church really did a number on that town. | 天主教教堂在那个镇上确实造成了伤害 |
[19:09] | Hey, Erlich, remember when Gilfoyle said that | 埃利希 记得当吉弗约尔说 |
[19:12] | my video chat app was a piece of shit | 我的视频聊天应用是垃圾 |
[19:14] | and that nobody would ever use it? | 绝对没人用吗 |
[19:16] | Well, he was wrong. Over 4,000 times. | 他错了 使用超过四千次 |
[19:19] | Wow, and you developed that with the Pied Piper IP, right? | 你在魔笛手的IP上建的视频通话 对吗 |
[19:23] | Well, then you can kiss that goodbye. | 那你可以跟那个吻别了 |
[19:26] | Oh, fuck. | 我操 |
[19:27] | Speaking of, I’m actually using | 说起来 我正在 |
[19:29] | the first dollars of my blog windfall | 花我博客的意外之财 |
[19:31] | on a trip to Kainchi Dham Ashram in Nainital, India, | 去趟印度奈尼塔尔的卡因其达玛善隐修处 |
[19:36] | where Steve Jobs famously sought peace and came up | 史蒂夫·乔布斯曾在那里寻求平静 |
[19:39] | with the idea for a little product called the Lisa. | 并且想出一个名为”丽莎”的小产品 |
[19:44] | Good luck. | 祝你好运 |
[19:47] | Richard, I’ll expect you off the premises | 理查德 我期望你能在今天 |
[19:51] | by end of day. | 搬出去 |
[19:52] | Monica. | 莫妮卡 |
[19:56] | – I’ll see you later. – Okay. | -我们回见 -好的 |
[19:58] | You know, you can stay here for one year. Free rent. | 你可以在这里待一年 免房租 |
[20:01] | Jian-Yang! | 杨靖 |
[20:05] | Laurie! | 劳芮 |
[20:10] | Gavin. | 加文 |
[20:11] | You know Jack, of course. | 杰克 你认识的 |
[20:13] | That is correct. | 没错 |
[20:15] | Gavin, can we address the elephant in the room? | 加文 能和你谈一件要事吗[elephant双关] |
[20:18] | – Sorry? – Pied Piper. | -什么 -魔笛手 |
[20:20] | Right. Yes, of course. | 对 没错 |
[20:23] | I am forcing a sale. | 我正在强行出售 |
[20:25] | Your Maleant dealings demonstrate | 你和雄蚁的交易说明 |
[20:27] | that you’re still pursuing a middle-out. | 你仍在追求发散压缩算法 |
[20:28] | Might you be interested in placing a bid? | 也许你会对竞标感兴趣吧 |
[20:30] | Why would he want to bail out Raviga? | 他为什么要帮拉维加摆脱困境 |
[20:32] | You said it yourself, | 你自己说过 |
[20:34] | our compression play is thriving. | 我们的压缩演绎蒸蒸日上 |
[20:36] | Fair enough. | 那行 |
[20:37] | You know what? I’m a completionist. | 跟你说 我是个善始善终的人 |
[20:40] | Even if I buy it just to throw it in the garbage, | 即使我买它就为扔进垃圾桶 |
[20:42] | I’d like to be the one to drive the final nail | 我也愿意成为 为亨德里克斯的棺材 |
[20:44] | in the Hendricks coffin. | 板上钉钉的人 |
[20:45] | I’ll give you… | 我给你… |
[20:47] | $900 for it? | 九百块 |
[20:49] | I believe that is a joke. | 你是在开玩笑 |
[20:51] | You know what? I like nice, round numbers. | 我喜欢取整数 |
[20:54] | Make it… | 要不… |
[20:57] | a million? | 一百万 |
[20:59] | A million dollars? | 一百万美元吗 |
[21:00] | Gavin Belson gets to buy Pied Piper for $1 million | 加文·贝尔森能用一百万美元收购魔笛手 |
[21:04] | and Raviga gets all of it because of their liquidation preference | 拉维加得到所有的钱 因为他们有清算优先权 |
[21:07] | and I get jack shit? | 而我去吃屎 |
[21:08] | Is that what you’re telling me? Goddamn it. | 这就是你要告诉我的吗 扯蛋 |
[21:10] | I know this is the last way that you wanted it to end. | 我知道 这是你最不愿看到的结局 |
[21:13] | I’m really sorry. | 我真的很遗憾 |
[21:14] | Yeah, well, I… I’ll see you at the meeting. | 对 我… 我们会上见 |
[21:17] | Is that Hooli-Chat? | 那是互利聊天吗 |
[21:18] | They fix it or something? | 他们修复了还是怎么着 |
[21:20] | – That didn’t look shitty at all. – Actually, it’s… it’s ours. | -看起来一点都不差啊 -事实上 这是… 我们的 |
[21:23] | Um, the guys hacked it together. | 大家一起搞出来的 |
[21:24] | I can send you an invite if you want. | 你想要的话 我可以发你邀请码 |
[21:26] | Yeah. Cool. Thanks. | 要啊 酷 谢谢 |
[21:27] | We got up to 4K users totally organically. | 我们一共四千真实用户 |
[21:30] | Oh, shit! 7K now. | 天哪 现在七千了 |
[21:33] | Wow, we should have been focusing on this instead. | 我们当初该全力开发这个 |
[21:36] | Not that it matters. | 说这个没用了 |
[21:38] | I mean, it’s all gonna | 我是说 这些都要 |
[21:38] | be property of Gavin Belson in an hour, so. | 在一小时内成为加文·贝尔森的财产 |
[21:40] | That’s ironic, huh? | 有点讽刺吗 |
[21:43] | N… no, for real, I’m asking. Is it? | 不… 说真的 我问你 是这样吗 |
[21:45] | I don’t know. I was just smiling. | 不知道 我就笑而已 |
[21:47] | Feels ironic. | 感觉挺讽刺 |
[21:50] | Hey, so thank you for… | 谢谢你… |
[21:52] | – letting me stay here. – No worries. | -让我待在这里 -小事 |
[21:54] | Steve says you’re welcome to take my spot on the couch | 史蒂夫说你可以在沙发上睡我的位 |
[21:57] | until you can find a job and get your own place. | 直到你找到工作和住的地方 |
[21:59] | Thanks. | 谢了 |
[22:00] | So, when’s your dad coming to pick you up? | 好吧 你爸啥时候来接你 |
[22:03] | a couple of hours I guess. | 我猜 几小时后吧 |
[22:05] | Then we’re turning right around and going back to Phoenix. | 然后打道回府 回菲尼克斯[美国亚利桑那州府] |
[22:08] | You know, he said he wants to be able | 他说他想能够 |
[22:09] | to keep an eye on me and my money | 看住我 和我的钱 |
[22:12] | and that I need to get a real job | 还说 我得找一份真正的工作 |
[22:13] | to learn the value of a… of a hard day’s night | 才能理解… 辛勤工作后休息之夜的珍贵 |
[22:16] | or something like that. | 之类的什么鬼 |
[22:18] | Well, um, I should probably get going to this board meeting. | 好吧 我得出发去董事会了 |
[22:20] | Um, and you’re probably gonna be gone when I’m back, so… | 我回来时你可能已经走了 所以… |
[22:25] | – guess this is it. – Yeah, I guess so. | -那这就是道别了 -我想是的 |
[22:27] | See ya. | 再见 |
[22:31] | – Okay. – Okay. | -好吧 -好吧 |
[22:32] | – All right. Cool, man. – There we go. | -好的 兄弟 -走吧 |
[22:42] | Richard, e… even though it’s the last board meeting | 理查德 即使… 这是最后一次董事会议 |
[22:45] | and… and essentially meaningless, | 而且… 根本没意义 |
[22:47] | thank you for letting me be a part of it. | 谢谢你能让我参与其中 |
[22:50] | It’s an honor. | 这是一份荣耀 |
[22:50] | 拉维加 资产管理 | |
[22:51] | Okay, you don’t have to keep saying that. | 好吧 你不用一直强调 |
[22:55] | Good day, all. This should be brief. | 大家好 就来走个过场 |
[22:57] | The only item on the agenda is, | 日程上唯一的事 |
[23:00] | of course, the authorization | 当然 是授权 |
[23:01] | of the sale of Pied Piper to the current high bidder. | 出售魔笛手给出价最高的买家 |
[23:03] | Three “Yes” Votes will approve the sale. | 三个”同意” 就通过这个交易 |
[23:05] | And as Raviga controls three of the board seats, | 因为拉维加掌握着三个董事席位 |
[23:08] | – it seems… – I’m sorry. I… | -看起来… -不好意思 我… |
[23:11] | – I’m not doing it. – Oh, Monica, not again. | -我不能这么做 -莫妮卡 又来 |
[23:14] | I’m sorry, but look, Richard has worked too hard | 对不起 但是 理查德已经竭尽所能 |
[23:16] | and I know that I can’t stop it, but I’m not gonna vote | 我知道我不能阻止交易 但我不能投出 |
[23:18] | to let Pied Piper become the property of that asshole. | 让魔笛手变成那个混蛋名下资产的一票 |
[23:20] | Monica, I also happen to find him contemptible. | 莫妮卡 我也觉得他非常不讨喜 |
[23:24] | But Pied Piper will be sold to the high bidder, period. | 但魔笛手会被售予出价最高的买家 到此为止 |
[23:27] | You know what? I don’t care. | 告诉你吧 我不在乎了 |
[23:29] | You want to fire me, fire me. | 你想开除我 开吧 |
[23:31] | If we’re not gonna adhere to the values that | 如果不能坚持彼得·格里高利注入的价值观 |
[23:33] | Peter Gregory instilled, then I don’t think I belong here. | 那我觉得我不属于这里了 |
[23:36] | Monica, you don’t have to do this. | 莫妮卡 你不必这样 |
[23:37] | – I’m not voting yes. – Very well. You’re off the board. | -我不会投赞同票的 -好吧 你被除位了 |
[23:40] | Excuse me! Man! | 不好意思 那位 |
[23:44] | – Do you work here? – Well, it was my first day actually. | -你在这里工作吗 -其实我是第一天来 |
[23:46] | – Everybody’s been super ni… – Sit. | -所有人都特别友善… -坐下 |
[23:48] | You are now officially on the board of directors of Pied Piper. | 你现在正式成为魔笛手的董事 |
[23:51] | Oh, okay. That’s fine I guess. | 好吧 也行 |
[23:54] | When I point to you, you will vote yes. | 等我问你的时候 你要投赞成票 |
[23:56] | Now, I move to vote on the sale of Pied Piper. | 现在 我提议就魔笛手的出售投票 |
[23:58] | I vote yes. | 我赞同 |
[23:59] | I vote yes. | 我赞同 |
[24:01] | And Evan. | 埃文 |
[24:04] | Evan? | 埃文 |
[24:07] | I can’t do it. | 我下不了手 |
[24:09] | What? Why? | 为什么 |
[24:10] | Because… | 因为… |
[24:12] | Monica? | 莫妮卡 |
[24:15] | I love you. | 我爱你 |
[24:16] | There. I said it. | 就这 我表白了 |
[24:18] | And I could never do anything to make you sad. | 我绝不能做让你伤心的事 |
[24:20] | Oh, for fuck’s sake! Do I have to pull the receptionist in here? | 日了鬼了 要我把前台接待也叫进来吗 |
[24:22] | How does this compare with a typical board meeting? | 董事会议都这么开的吗[杰瑞德第一次开会] |
[24:24] | All right, stop. Everybody, just stop. | 都住手 所有人 都停下 |
[24:26] | We all know how this is gonna go, | 我们都知道这一步会怎么走 |
[24:28] | so let’s just get it over with. | 所以咱们赶紧的 |
[24:30] | All right? | 行吗 |
[24:31] | Um, I vote yes. There. | 我投赞同 这样 |
[24:33] | Okay? I approve the sale. | 好吧 我同意出售 |
[24:34] | Three “Yes” Votes. Can this please just be done? | 三票”赞同” 这件事能结束了吗 |
[24:37] | Very well. | 好吧 |
[24:38] | – I vote yes also. – Irrelevant. | -我也投赞同 -没啥用 |
[24:41] | But thank you. | 还是谢谢 |
[24:42] | The sale is approved. | 出售通过 |
[24:43] | Pied Piper, its IP, and all of its assets | “魔笛手”的IP地址及其所有资产 |
[24:46] | are now officially the property of Bachmanity, LLC. | 现正式归”巴克曼主义有限责任公司”所有 |
[24:50] | Wait, sorry, did… | 等下 抱歉 你… |
[24:53] | did you just say “Bachmanity”? | 你是说”巴克曼主义”吗 |
[24:56] | As in Erlich Bachman and Nelson Bighetti? | 就是埃利希·巴克曼和尼尔森·比盖蒂那个吗 |
[24:59] | Yes, you know them. | 对 就是他们 |
[25:00] | They… wait, they… they had the highest bid? | 他们… 他们出价最高吗 |
[25:03] | I received a telephone call approximately 30 minutes ago | 约30分钟前 我接到一个电话 |
[25:07] | entering a bid of one million | 开价一百万零一美元 |
[25:08] | and one dollars with a firm no-shop clause. | 并要求我不得再找其他投资方 |
[25:10] | So when you were referring to the person who bought Pied Piper | 你是说 买下”魔笛手”的 |
[25:14] | as a contemptible asshole, you were talking about Erlich? | 那个卑鄙混蛋 是指埃利希吗 |
[25:18] | To which contemptible asshole did you think I was referring? | 不然 还能是哪个卑鄙混蛋 |
[25:22] | Gavin Belson. | 加文·贝尔森 |
[25:26] | I see. No. | 懂了 不是他 |
[25:28] | This meeting is adjourned. | 会议结束 |
[25:30] | I thank you all for your time. | 谢谢大家参与 |
[25:35] | So… Bachmanity it is. | 所以… 是巴克曼主义 |
[25:41] | That’s good. | 太棒了 |
[25:42] | So… should we give this thing a shot? | 那… 我们要试恋一下吗 |
[25:57] | You and Big Head, huh? | 你和大头 是吗 |
[26:04] | Sorry you had to cancel your trip. | 抱歉 你得取消旅行了 |
[26:07] | And look, I… I really appreciate all this. | 我… 我真的很感激这一切 |
[26:09] | I really think this video chat thing | 我真心觉得这视频聊天应用 |
[26:11] | is gonna be something, you know? | 会惊艳世人 |
[26:13] | I don’t know if you’ve seen the numbers. | 不知道你看过那些数字没有 |
[26:15] | You want a number? The percentage I give a fuck about you, zero. | 你想要个数 我鸟你的比率就是个零 |
[26:19] | It’s trending steady. | 还是稳定趋向于零 |
[26:20] | And of course I’ve seen the numbers. | 我当然看过那些数字 |
[26:23] | This is a business opportunity. | 这是个商机 |
[26:24] | Nothing more. Big Head was your friend. | 仅此而已 大头是你的朋友 |
[26:27] | He was the one that, talked me into it. | 他说服了我 |
[26:31] | I don’t trust you, Richard Hendricks. | 理查德·亨德里克斯 我不相信你 |
[26:35] | And it’s gonna take a long, long, long time | 要得到我的信任 |
[26:38] | to regain my trust. | 够你等的 |
[26:40] | Are we clear? | 明白了吗 |
[26:43] | Are we absolutely clear? | 完全明白了吗 |
[26:46] | Always blue! Always blue! | 蓝色 蓝色 |
[26:48] | Always blue! Always blue! | 蓝色 蓝色 |
[26:49] | Always blue! Always blue! | 蓝色 蓝色 |
[26:51] | Always blue! Alway… | 蓝色 蓝… |
[26:54] | You suck. | 逊咖 |
[26:55] | Fuck, it’s my dad again. He’s gotta be so pissed. | 操 又是我爹 他一定发飙了 |
[26:59] | I can’t believe this is happening, you guys. | 伙计们 真不敢相信这一切 |
[27:00] | I mean, I guess now we’re a video chat company, | 我们现在是视频聊天公司 |
[27:02] | but the best part of it is it’s us, you know? | 可最赞的是 我们自己说了算 |
[27:05] | Just us controlling our own destiny. | 自己掌握自己的命运 |
[27:07] | No, the best part of it is I own 50%. | 不 最赞的是 我拥有50%的股份 |
[27:10] | Well, yes, | 是的 |
[27:11] | You and Big Head do own the entire company, | 你和大头 的确是公司的所有者 |
[27:13] | but I am the founder, it’s my algorithm, | 可我是创始人 程序是我写的 |
[27:15] | so I’m assuming I’m getting my original shares back, right? | 所以我猜 我能拿回原有股份吧 |
[27:17] | Why would you assume that? | 你为什么这么想 |
[27:19] | Well, when a tech company reboots, | 当一个高科技公司重启时 |
[27:21] | it’s normal to have a… a conversation | 开会… 讨论重组市值数据 |
[27:23] | about restructuring the cap table. | 是很正常的 |
[27:24] | Good, ’cause I’m the guy that hacked together the video chat app | 那好 因为是我为了鉴别颜值 |
[27:28] | to see if that woman was hot, so… | 而搞定了视频聊天应用 所以… |
[27:30] | Yeah, but it’s not gonna scale | 没错 但要不是我参与 |
[27:31] | until I get in there and scrape all the Dinesh off. | 把迪内希成分刮走 这规模怎么会扩大 |
[27:34] | Well, Laurie still hasn’t called me back, | 劳芮还没给我回电话 |
[27:36] | so I may need a new job. | 所以我得找工作 |
[27:37] | And I’m assuming Pied Piper can’t afford my salary, | 我估计 “魔笛手”给不了我要的薪酬 |
[27:40] | so I’ll need stock. | 给我股票就好 |
[27:42] | Do we really want it to be called Pied Piper anymore? | 我们公司还叫”魔笛手”吗 |
[27:44] | No, yes. Of cour… of… of course we want… | 对啊 当… 当… 当… 当然了 |
[27:47] | Why do we want to change the name? It’s great. | 干嘛换名字 这名字多好啊 |
[27:49] | And we do already have the jackets. | 我们连战服都有了 |
[27:51] | Big. Head. | 大 头 |
[27:55] | Big Head. | 大头 |
[27:57] | Go for Erlich. | 我是埃利希 |
[27:58] | Erlich Bachman, this is you as an old man. | 埃利希·巴克曼 我是年老时的你 |
[28:02] | I’m ugly and I’m dead. Alone. | 我是丑货 孤独终老 |
[28:07] | I’m gonna let him have this one. | 这次就让他得手吧 |
[28:09] | All right… | 听着… |
[28:10] | Well, I’m sorry to hear that, Future Me. | 未来的我 很遗憾听到这个消息 |
[28:12] | What a terrible thing. | 这简直难以置信 |
[28:13] | I’ll talk to you in several years. | 咱们几年后再聊 |
[28:15] | You’re up. | 到你了 |
[28:16] | Always blue! Always blue! | 蓝色 蓝色 |
[28:18] | – Always blue! – Always blue! | -蓝色 -蓝色 |
[28:20] | Always blue! Always blue! | 蓝色 蓝色 |
[28:22] | – Always blue! – Always blue! | -蓝色 -蓝色 |
[28:24] | Always blue! | 蓝色 |