时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:04] | All right, let’s do an exercise. | 好吧 让我们做一个练习 |
[00:05] | You can build anything in the world you want with your compression. | 你可以在压缩的世界里构建任何你想要的东西 |
[00:07] | What’s it gonna be? | 那会是什么 |
[00:08] | Three, two, one, go. | 三 二 一 快说 |
[00:09] | A– A new internet. | 一个全新的互联网 |
[00:10] | What? Why? | 什么 为什么 |
[00:14] | I am your lead investor. You will respect me as such. | 我是你的主要投资人 你必须给我相应的尊重 |
[00:16] | I do not respect you because you are fat and poor. | 我不尊重你 因为你又肥又没钱 |
[00:20] | So, you’re telling me that the perfect application of my algorithm | 你的意思是说 我的算法最完美的用途 |
[00:24] | belongs to Gavin fucking Belson? | 竟然他妈的属于盖文·贝尔森 |
[00:31] | We need his patent and his funding. | 我们需要他的专利 他的资金 |
[00:33] | Eventually, this will render every server obsolete. | 最终 这个会使每一台服务器都过时 |
[00:37] | Holy shit. | 我去 |
[00:39] | Welcome to the future, Gavin. | 欢迎来到未来 盖文 |
[00:42] | – Oh, no. – Son of a bitch! | -不 不 -你这个混蛋 |
[00:44] | I have spoken to our top LPs to start a new firm. | 我已经和主要出资人谈过成立新基金公司了 |
[00:48] | Would you care to jump ship with me? | 你乐意和我一起跳槽吗 |
[00:50] | You are, after all, my best friend. | 毕竟你也算是 我最好的朋友了 |
[00:53] | What? | 什么 |
[00:56] | Gavin just fucked off to go find himself, who knows where. | 天知道盖文浪到哪里去寻找自我了 |
[01:01] | – What is it? – It’s the patent. | -是什么 -是专利 |
[01:02] | He just signed over full ownership to me. | 他签字把专利全部转给了我 |
[01:05] | There’s a loud man here to see you. | 外面有人吵着见你 |
[01:06] | – Qamdo in the house! – Are you fucking kidding me? | -到昌都啦 -你他妈在逗我吗 |
[01:18] | Welcome home and congratulations on getting your business back. | 欢迎回家 恭喜你夺回了自己的公司 |
[01:21] | Thank you, and I should congratulate you on your breakthrough. | 谢谢 我也想恭喜你 你做出了重大突破 |
[01:23] | I can help you get where you wanna go. | 我能帮你取得你想要的未来 |
[01:26] | I’m pretty sure I know where I wanna go, and how to get there. | 我很清楚我的理想和实现途径 |
[01:28] | I shall look forward to the fight. | 我很期待以后的对抗 |
[01:34] | Jesus, what the hell did he order? | 我的天 他点的金子吗 |
[01:37] | No! No, no, no, no. Stop! Stop it, stop it. | 不 不 不 不 停下来 停下来 |
[01:55] | Oh my God. | 我的天 |
[01:57] | These are our new offices? | 这就是我们的新办公室 |
[01:59] | Yeah. Well, this is just the lobby. | 对 这只是大厅 |
[02:00] | We’re up there on the second floor, but yup. | 我们在二楼 但没错 |
[02:03] | These are so nice. | 这太棒了 |
[02:06] | There’s a fireplace. | 那还有壁炉 |
[02:08] | I am a sucker for an intuitive kitchen layout. | 我就是沉迷于直观厨房布局的傻瓜 |
[02:11] | Follow me, right up here. Trust me, you’re gonna love it. | 跟我来在楼上 相信我 你们一定会喜欢 |
[02:14] | It’s hard to believe your pathological inability | 很难相信你那病态般的犹豫不决 |
[02:16] | to make a decision finally paid off. | 竟然歪打正着了 |
[02:20] | Richard, well done. | 理查德 干得好 |
[02:23] | Dude! Look at this place, huh? | 老兄 看看这地方 |
[02:26] | Oh, I love it. | 我喜欢这儿 |
[02:29] | So, when do these guys move out? | 那这些人什么时候搬出去 |
[02:31] | Oh, no, this isn’t our space. | 哦不 这不是我们的办公区 |
[02:32] | Our sublease is straight through here. | 我们续租的地方要穿过这里 |
[02:36] | Okay. | 好的 |
[02:38] | I welcome you to Pied Piper’s new home. | 欢迎大家来打’魔笛手’的新家 |
[02:49] | It’s– it’s very white. | 这里 这里好白 |
[02:51] | Yeah, it’s minimalist, you know? | 对 极简主义 对吧 |
[02:53] | Sharp, clean lines. | 锋利而简洁的线条 |
[02:56] | I was thinking about maybe putting my desk here in this corner. | 我在想把我的桌子摆在这个角落 |
[02:58] | Jared, you over here, right? | 贾里德 你坐在这 怎么样 |
[03:01] | Dinesh, Gilfoyle, maybe up against this wall or over there. | 迪尼希 吉尔弗约尔靠墙坐 或是坐那边 |
[03:03] | You know, just take a minute, walk around the space, | 你知道 就在这里走走 |
[03:06] | see where the mojo takes you. | 看看哪里最对你们胃口 |
[03:08] | I mean, we’ve got some good feng shui in here. | 这里的风水很好 |
[03:10] | Really good. | 可是相当不错 |
[03:14] | Richard, the plan was to hire 15 coders | 理查德 现计划是再雇佣十五名程序员 |
[03:17] | and some assistants and– and other staff. | 还有几名助理 还有其他员工 |
[03:20] | Where exactly would we put them? | 他们到时候要坐哪 |
[03:22] | Easy. Right around here. | 简单 就坐这儿 |
[03:26] | Look, guys… the price | 听着大家 这价格 |
[03:29] | is unbelievable. | 真是低到不合理 |
[03:31] | I’m just happy that we got to it when we did before anyone else. | 我很高兴我们抢在别人前面租下了它 |
[03:35] | I– I emphatically vote | 我郑重提议 |
[03:37] | that we move on this now, if we all agree. | 我们现在就把这事定了 如果我们都同意 |
[03:40] | I mean, we do agree, right? | 我们确实都同意 对吧 |
[03:44] | I cannot put this delicately, so– | 我不知道怎么委婉地告诉你 所以 |
[03:47] | Are you fucking kidding me, dude? | 你他妈跟我开玩笑吗 |
[03:49] | You want us to work in here? | 你想让我们在这里工作 |
[03:51] | This is a fucking black site, Richard! | 这他妈就是小黑屋啊 理查德 |
[03:54] | A black site would actually be better, | 小黑屋其实更好 |
[03:56] | because at least we’d be protected by the Geneva Convention. | 这样至少我们就受《日内瓦公约》保护了 |
[03:59] | This is fucking with my eyes. Can I get outta here? | 我他妈眼睛受不了了 我能出去吗 |
[04:01] | Okay, ha– hang on. | 好吧 等下 |
[04:03] | Richard, can I talk to you for one second, | 理查德 我能跟你谈谈吗 |
[04:05] | – please, privately? – Sure. | -拜托了 私下谈 -好啊 |
[04:08] | See? Plenty of outlets. | 看到没 超多插座 |
[04:12] | Richard… what are you doing? | 理查德 你在做什么 |
[04:15] | We can easily afford a place with windows | 我们可以轻松负担起带窗子的地方 |
[04:18] | and… air | 有空气流通 |
[04:19] | where you can maintain a connection to time and space. | 这样你起码能保持时间和空间的感觉 |
[04:22] | If– if we spend all that money, it’s gone. | 如果我们把那钱投进去 就没了 |
[04:25] | Okay, don’t you remember Jack Barker | 好吧 你不记得杰克·巴克 |
[04:28] | squandering all our runway for those fancy offices | 把我们所有的钱都浪费在租豪华办公室上 |
[04:30] | or Russ Hanneman spending nearly every cent we had | 或是罗斯·汉纳曼把我们的每一分钱都他妈 |
[04:32] | on fucking swag? | 用来出周边了 |
[04:34] | I’m sorry, man, we do not get another chance. | 抱歉伙计 我们不会有第二次机会 |
[04:36] | This is it. | 仅此一博 |
[04:38] | There is no point whispering. | 你们没必要说悄悄话 |
[04:39] | We can hear every fucking word you say in this sweatbox. | 在这牢房里你们说的每一句我们都他妈能听见 |
[04:43] | I can hear you gulping, Richard. | 我能听到你咽口水 理查德 |
[04:45] | No, you can’t. | 你才听不到 |
[04:48] | Richard, it is my firm opinion | 理查德 我相信 |
[04:51] | that if we were to take this space, | 如果我们租下这地方 |
[04:53] | our new hires wouldn’t be coding, | 我们的新员工将不会在编程 |
[04:55] | they would be having panic attacks. | 而是会恐慌发作 |
[04:57] | – No, come on. – I’m doing a really good job of hiding it, | -不 别这么说 -我一直努力压抑自己 |
[05:00] | but I’m having one right now. | 但我现在其实正在发作 |
[05:06] | I gotta get the fuck outta here. | 我他妈得离开这里 |
[05:08] | – Jared, you okay? – I will not be back. | -贾里德 你没事吧 -我不会回来的 |
[05:11] | Wait, guys, hold on. Jared, I’m gonna get you some water, okay? | 等下伙计们 贾里德 我去给你拿点水 |
[05:30] | Okay, what about this guy, Chris Berger? | 好吧 那这个人呢 克里斯·伯杰 |
[05:32] | He’s a very skilled engineer. | 他是个技术很棒得工程师 |
[05:34] | He was very funny when we met with him. I think he’d be great. | 我们面试他时他很风趣 我觉得他很合适 |
[05:37] | He was oddly tall, don’t you think? | 他有点高得离谱了 你觉得呢 |
[05:39] | Yeah, pass. | 没错 拒了 |
[05:41] | Alright, what about Blake Kang? | 好吧 那布雷克·姜呢 |
[05:44] | His beard hair looked like head hair. | 他的胡子长得像头发 |
[05:46] | And his head hair looked like beard hair. | 他的头发又长得像胡子 |
[05:48] | Come on! It’s been a fucking month. | 拜托 这他妈都一个月了 |
[05:52] | I got us these expensive-ass offices | 我给大家租了这贵到炸得办公室 |
[05:54] | because you wanted them, | 就因为你们喜欢 |
[05:56] | and now they’re just sitting here, empty, | 而现在却一直闲置着 没人用 |
[05:59] | because you guys won’t agree on anyone. | 就因为你们谁都不喜欢 |
[06:01] | Look, I’m going to be seeing Laurie Bream | 听着 我今晚在那傻逼创新名人堂的活动上 |
[06:03] | at this stupid Innovation Hall of Fame event tonight, | 会见到劳里·布里姆 |
[06:07] | and she’s gonna ask how hiring is going. | 而她会问起我们雇人的情况 |
[06:10] | She’s 11 months pregnant and highly irritable. | 她怀孕十一个月了 脾气超级大 |
[06:13] | What am I going to tell her? | 我要告诉她什么 |
[06:14] | That we’ve just been dicking around the whole time? | 我们一直在游手好闲吗 |
[06:16] | – We’re not dicking around. – Really? | -我们没游手好闲 -是吗 |
[06:19] | What about this? | 这是什么 |
[06:21] | Touché. | 太有创意了 |
[06:22] | He sent in a professional headshot. We had no choice. | 他发给了我们专业头像 我们别无选择 |
[06:25] | Plus his face looks like a taint. | 而且他的脸看起来像感染了 |
[06:27] | Okay, yeah, fair. | 好吧 那行 |
[06:28] | But look, | 但听着 |
[06:30] | I sent you 63 good people. | 我给你们发了63个不错的人选 |
[06:33] | I spared you kilt guy, | 我听你们的 不要穿苏格兰短裙的人 |
[06:35] | openly alt-right guy, | 公开秀白皮优越感的人 |
[06:37] | obviously closeted alt-right guy, | 明显是隐藏白皮优越感的人 |
[06:38] | and the guy with the stupid fucking pizza app. | 还有那个做蠢爆了的比萨应用程序的人 |
[06:41] | It was so lame, it would somehow make you hate pizza. | 太逊了 不知怎么地会让你恨比萨 |
[06:45] | – You have to choose. – Dude, it’s easy for you to say. | -你们必须得选 -老兄 你说起来容易 |
[06:48] | You’re gonna be off CEO’ing, going to fancy galas. | 你就要享受CEO的待遇了 参加豪华晚宴 |
[06:50] | We’re the ones who have to like | 我们才是不得不 |
[06:52] | be in the engine room with these clowns. | 跟这些小丑们一起待在在机房里的人 |
[06:54] | They have to meet our rigorous standards. | 他们必须满足我们严格的标准 |
[06:55] | I mean, look at the three we’ve already hired. | 我是说 看看我们已经聘用了的那三个人 |
[06:58] | – Just look at them. – There they are. | -就看看他们 -他们就在那 |
[07:04] | Stallions. | 仙人下凡 |
[07:06] | Each one more magnificent than the last. | 每个人都青出于蓝而胜于蓝 |
[07:09] | Perfect. | 完美 |
[07:10] | Yeah, they’re glorious, obviously, | 是 显然他们好极了 |
[07:12] | but that’s only three of them, | 但只有三个人 |
[07:15] | and they’re luxuriating here in this huge fucking palace | 他们正在这儿奢侈地享受这个巨他妈大的宫殿 |
[07:18] | that is costing us a fortune, | 这个地方我们花了一大笔钱租的 |
[07:19] | so hurry up and pick these fucking coders, | 所以赶紧的 好好看看这些程序员的资料 |
[07:22] | and stop acting like a couple of spoiled millionaires. | 别再表现得像个宠坏了的百万富翁 |
[07:25] | Alright, Richard, | 好吧 理查德 |
[07:26] | your tuxedo is pressed and ready for the gala. | 你去晚宴穿的燕尾服熨好了 |
[07:29] | I put a touch of mint in the steamer. | 我在熨斗的蒸汽里加了一点薄荷 |
[07:32] | You’re gonna look like Richard Gere from “Pretty Woman.” | 你看起来会像是《风月俏佳人》的理查·基尔 |
[07:35] | Maybe tonight you’ll fall for a radiant sex worker. | 或许今晚你会爱上一个光芒四射的性工作者 |
[07:42] | During my sabbatical from Hooli, | 在我从’互利’离职休假期间 |
[07:44] | I toured the wonders of the world, seeking inspiration | 我游览世界奇迹 从人类最伟大的成就中 |
[07:48] | from mankind’s greatest achievements– | 寻找灵感 |
[07:50] | the Parthenon, Angkor Wat, | 帕台农神殿 吴哥窟 |
[07:53] | the Great Pyramid of Giza. | 吉萨大金字塔 |
[07:56] | But it wasn’t until my flight home | 但是直到我飞回家的航班上 |
[07:58] | that I had my epiphany. | 我才顿悟 |
[07:59] | Yes, those wonders are visited by thousands of people every year, | 是的 每年有成千上万的人参观这些奇迹 |
[08:04] | but 2.4 million people | 但是每分钟有两百四十万人 |
[08:08] | visit HooliSearch every minute. | 访问互利搜索 |
[08:10] | God, what a fucking douchebag. | 天啊 真他妈是个混蛋 |
[08:12] | And then it occurred to me. | 然后我就想到了 |
[08:14] | What I have built is a far greater achievement, | 我所建造的东西是远比任何一个古代世界 |
[08:18] | than any of the ancient world. | 都更伟大的成就 |
[08:20] | And the ideal version of myself | 理想中的我自己 |
[08:23] | was the man I already was. | 正是我已经成为的那个人 |
[08:30] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[08:33] | Richard? Richard Hendricks. | 理查德 理查德·亨德里克斯 |
[08:36] | Okay. Yeah, hi, Duncan. Yeah. | 对 你好 邓肯 |
[08:38] | Me and my guys were just talking about you and your pizza app. | 我跟我的小伙伴们还讨论起你和你的比萨程序 |
[08:41] | Oh yeah. I bet. | 是嘛 我信 |
[08:42] | Our algorithm finds you the cheapest, fastest pizza, | 我们的算法帮你找到最便宜最快速的比萨 |
[08:45] | and it’s– it’s awesome. | 它棒极了 |
[08:46] | – Yeah. It’s actually so awesome… – Definitely. | -它真的棒极了 -肯定是 |
[08:48] | that– oh man, I’m gonna– I’m gonna have to pull my resume. | 天啊 我得 得撤回我的简历了 |
[08:52] | Oh, you’re pulling your– | 你要撤回你的 |
[08:54] | – Oh no. – Yeah, I just don’t feel as psyched about it | -不会吧 -我就是觉得它不像牙价网那样 |
[08:57] | – as I do about Sliceline. – Sliceline? | -让我感到兴奋 -牙价网 |
[09:00] | That’s the name of your app? | 那是你应用程序的名字 |
[09:02] | – Yeah. – Oh God. | -是啊 -我的天 |
[09:04] | – Great. – Yeah, it’s a pun. | -很好 -一语双关 |
[09:06] | – Is it? – Yeah. It rhymes with Priceline. | -是吗 -是啊 像比价网一样押韵 |
[09:09] | Okay. Just– so, it rhymes? Okay. | 好吧 就只是押韵 好吧 |
[09:11] | Yeah. It’s a rhyming pun. | 是的 是个押韵的双关语 |
[09:13] | Anyway, there might be some | 不管怎样 这儿可能有一些 |
[09:15] | major VCs around here, so I gotta go mingle. | 大的风投 我得去混个脸熟了 |
[09:16] | – Okay. – It’s the– it’s the worst part of this job. Am I right? | -好的 -这是这工作最糟的部分 对吧 |
[09:21] | I’m kidding. It’s the best part of the job. | 我开玩笑呢 这是这工作最棒的部分 |
[09:25] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[09:27] | What an asshole. | 真是个傻逼 |
[09:30] | – Richard. – Gavin, hello. | -理查德 -盖文 你好 |
[09:32] | Don’t you look cute in your Sunday best? | 你穿着你最好的衣服看起来真可爱 |
[09:34] | How’s that little bunny Internet going? | 那个小兔子互联网的事怎么样了 |
[09:37] | New Internet. New. | 新互联网 新的 |
[09:39] | Unlike your old Internet. | 不像你那旧互联网 |
[09:42] | You know, I’m glad I ran into you, Richard. | 我很高兴碰到你了 理查德 |
[09:44] | I was actually starting to feel bad about what I did today. | 事实上我对我今天做的事开始觉得不好了 |
[09:47] | Oh? And what was that? | 那是什么事 |
[09:49] | Invent the MOSFET transistor? | 发明金属氧化物半导体场效应晶体管 |
[09:52] | It’s old technology. It’s very old, like you. | 那是一项古老的技术 跟你一样非常古老 |
[09:55] | No. I’ve heard that you’re trying to staff up. | 不是 我听说你在试着招人 |
[09:57] | Over the past few months, | 在过去几个月中 |
[09:58] | you’ve met with just about every distributed systems | 你差不多跟硅谷每一个分布式系统 |
[10:00] | developer in the Valley. | 开发员都见过了 |
[10:02] | Okay, well, not everyone. | 好吧 不是每一个人 |
[10:03] | 63 of them, and as of 4:30 p.m. this afternoon, | 他们中的63人 到今天下午四点半为止 |
[10:06] | I hired them, all 63 of them. | 我聘用了他们 所有63人 |
[10:09] | Yeah, I had to pay through the nose, but you know what? | 是 我不得不多花钱 但你知道吗 |
[10:11] | That look, right there, on your face | 那副表情 就你脸上的那副表情 |
[10:15] | It makes it worth every penny. | 让每一分钱都花得值了 |
[10:17] | You know what? Enjoy the reception, Richard. | 好好享受晚宴 理查德 |
[10:20] | You too. | 你也是 |
[10:22] | Yeah, he wasn’t bluffing. | 他不是在虚张声势 |
[10:24] | He hired all of them. | 他聘用了他们所有人 |
[10:26] | Even my boy Blake Kang? | 甚至是我的宝贝布雷克·姜 |
[10:28] | He was a good one. | 他挺不错的 |
[10:30] | I’m sorry, uh, your boy? | 不好意思 你的宝贝 |
[10:32] | I thought his hair was backwards? | 我以为他的头发长反了 |
[10:34] | You guys were lukewarm on him | 你们对他不冷不热的 |
[10:35] | and everybody else for all kinds of stupid reasons. | 其他人你们不喜欢也都是因为各种愚蠢的原因 |
[10:38] | Well, now that they’re unavailable, | 现在他们都来不了了 |
[10:39] | their strengths are more readily apparent. | 他们的长处更显而易见了 |
[10:42] | And I don’t want to point fingers, | 我不想指责谁 |
[10:43] | but we wouldn’t be here | 但如果你没让吉尔弗约尔和我 |
[10:46] | if you hadn’t let Gilfoyle and me waste so much time being picky. | 浪费这么多时间挑三拣四 我们不至于如此 |
[10:50] | What? I was dying to move faster. | 什么 我等不及想要加快进程 |
[10:52] | I was just respecting your process. | 我只是尊重你们的流程 |
[10:54] | Our process sucks. | 我们的流程烂爆了 |
[10:55] | Your inability to stop us from sucking | 你放任我们堕落 |
[10:58] | is a failure of leadership. | 正是你作为领导者无能的表现 |
[10:59] | At least we still have the stallions. | 至少我们还有好似仙人下凡的小哥哥小姐姐们 |
[11:01] | Ah. Those stallions. | 对 那些只有天上有的人们 |
[11:04] | Look at ’em. Magnificent. | 看看他们 太仙了 |
[11:07] | Sit back down. Just sit in your chairs. | 坐下吧 回到座位上去 |
[11:10] | Jared, um… | 贾里德 |
[11:12] | call alt-right guy and cologne boy and all the other rejects, | 打给白皮优越男古龙香水男还有其他拒掉的人 |
[11:16] | and… set meetings. | 叫他们再来面个试 |
[11:18] | Well, I did a little digging on the alt-right guy, | 我稍微深入了解了下白皮优越男 |
[11:21] | and he’s pretty involved in a campaign to eliminate black emojis, | 他比较积极地参与了消除黑人表情包的活动 |
[11:26] | but there might be another option. | 但我们应该有其他的选择 |
[11:28] | Do you remember Kira Pickford? | 你还记得吉拉·皮克福德吗 |
[11:31] | Yes, actually. Yeah, good coder, | 对 记得 很棒的程序员 |
[11:32] | but she had her own company. | 但她有自己的公司了 |
[11:34] | Well, that’s true, except that her company, Optimoji, | 没错 只是她的公司爆绘文字 |
[11:37] | just lost their second round of funding, | 刚刚丢掉了第二轮投资 |
[11:39] | so they’re basically on life support. | 所以他们基本上只是勉强度日 |
[11:41] | So? | 所以呢 |
[11:41] | So, what if, instead of building a team, | 所以 如果我们不组建新的团队 |
[11:44] | we acquired one? | 而是收购一支团队呢 |
[11:45] | But Optimoji has 30 people. We only need 12. | 但爆绘文字有三十名员工 我们只要十二个 |
[11:49] | Well, we’ll just insist that she let the other 18 go. | 我们只需要让她炒掉另外十八个 |
[11:52] | We have a lot of leverage. Richard is a shrewd negotiator, | 我们筹码很多 理查德是个精明的谈判家 |
[11:55] | and I’m, you know, spirited. | 而我 你懂的 非常生猛 |
[11:59] | Look, Kira, this is a fair offer. | 听着 吉拉 我们的条件很合理 |
[12:03] | But… I’ve got 30 great guys. | 但 我手下有三十名出色的员工 |
[12:06] | We’re like family, | 我们就像个大家庭 |
[12:07] | and you only wanna bring along 12? | 而你只想要我带十二个人 |
[12:11] | I have to do what’s right by my guys. | 我必须做出对我的团队最有利的选择 |
[12:13] | Look, I know what it’s like | 我明白这种感觉 |
[12:15] | to only be able to rescue half your family, | 觉得你只能拯救你一半的家人 |
[12:17] | and it’s awful, but what can you do? Shh, shh. | 这感觉糟透了 但你有什么办法呢 |
[12:19] | – Sometimes there’s only one… – Jared, okay, stop. | -有时你只能 -贾里德 好了别说了 |
[12:21] | Um, look, Kira, you’re not gonna find a better deal than that. | 听着吉拉 不会有人提出比我们更好的条款 |
[12:25] | Your company is close to bankruptcy | 你的公司几乎要破产 |
[12:27] | and we all know that there are a lotta coders out there | 我们都知道这城里最不缺的 |
[12:30] | in this old town, | 就是程序员 |
[12:31] | and we could go to any of ’em, | 我们可以招任何人 |
[12:34] | but we wanna go to you, so… | 但我们更看重你们 所以… |
[12:39] | kinda feels like we’ve got all the cards here, huh? | 好像筹码都在我们手上 对吗 |
[12:41] | Richard. You keep following me, | 理查德 你一直在跟踪我 |
[12:44] | I’m gonna call the cops. | 我要报警了 |
[12:46] | I’m just kidding. | 开个玩笑 |
[12:46] | – Hey, I’m Duncan. – Hey. Kira. | -你好 我叫邓肯 -我叫吉拉 |
[12:49] | Hey, guess what company just got his Series “A” Term Sheet? Huh? | 猜猜哪家公司刚拿到A轮投资意向书 |
[12:53] | Oh, the Sliceline. | 是牙价网 |
[12:56] | – Congrats, yeah. – Yeah, we’re staffing up like crazy. | -恭喜你们 -我们正在疯狂招人 |
[12:59] | Speaking of staffing, how about all those coders you lost, man? | 说到招人 你丢掉的那些程序员怎么样了 |
[13:02] | I’m sorry. That must’ve been a real blow. | 抱歉 那肯定对你们打击很大 |
[13:05] | What coders? | 什么程序员 |
[13:06] | Um, I’m sorry, I don’t mean to be rude, but this is boring. | 不好意思 我不想无礼 但这话有点无聊 |
[13:09] | Thank God I didn’t accept your offer. | 感谢上帝我没有接受你们的条件 |
[13:11] | I’d be the only guy working for you | 不然我就是你唯一的员工了 |
[13:12] | now that Gavin Belson swooped in | 现在盖文·贝尔森强势插入 |
[13:13] | and tactically mass-hired every single | 并且很有手腕地大规模雇佣了 |
[13:15] | distributed systems engineer you were looking at. | 你们感兴趣的所有分布式系统工程师 |
[13:17] | Gavin hired all of Richard’s coders? | 盖文雇了理查德所有的程序员 |
[13:19] | Not everyone. Not everyone. | 不是每个人 不是每个人 |
[13:21] | Yup. The guy is savage, | 没错 那家伙就是这么凶残 |
[13:23] | and so are my guys if they don’t get their caffeine, | 要是我的人喝不到咖啡他们也要去了 |
[13:26] | so nice meeting you, Kira. Cool. Cool, cool. | 很高兴见到你 吉拉 很好 |
[13:32] | What were you saying about holding all the cards? | 你刚才说什么筹码来着 |
[13:34] | All of my coders or none of them. | 要么接受所有人 要么一个都没有 |
[13:36] | Take it or leave it. | 要不要随你 |
[13:44] | What? | 什么 |
[13:47] | What the fuck? | 什么鬼 |
[13:49] | – Do you have– – Do you– | -你是不是… -你也… |
[13:51] | Jian-Yang! | 杨建 |
[13:54] | Jian-Yang… would you please explain | 杨建 你能解释一下为什么 |
[13:57] | why we each found some random Chinese guy asleep in our beds? | 我们的床上都睡着个陌生的中国佬吗 |
[14:01] | Yes, you work all day. | 是啊 你们整天都要工作 |
[14:03] | Your rooms are always empty, so they use. | 你们的房间总是空的 所以他们在用 |
[14:08] | The fuck they do. | 他们当然他妈在用 |
[14:09] | Yes, it’s not your house. | 没错 这房子不是你们的 |
[14:11] | This is not your house either, Jian-Yang. | 这房子也不是你的 杨建 |
[14:14] | This is Erlich’s house. | 这是埃利希的房子 |
[14:16] | Do you think Erlich would want your guys here? | 你认为埃利希会让你这帮人来住吗 |
[14:18] | No. That’s why I invite them, because I hate Erlich. | 不 所以我才请他们来 因为我恨埃利希 |
[14:22] | We are not Erlich. You are from Erlich’s administration. | 我们不是埃利希 你们跟埃利希都是一伙的 |
[14:26] | No, we are not. Nobody has heard from Erlich in months. | 我们才不是 埃利希几个月没消息了 |
[14:29] | This isn’t working. | 这样可不行 |
[14:31] | I’m gonna drag your cousin the fuck outta my lair. | 我他妈要把你表弟从我床上拽下来 |
[14:33] | No, this is my cousin. | 不 这个才是我表弟 |
[14:39] | Engineers, welcome. | 工程师们 欢迎 |
[14:41] | You are 63 of the top | 你们是硅谷最顶尖的 |
[14:43] | distributed systems developers in the Valley, | 六十三位分布式系统开发者 |
[14:45] | and we’re looking forward to working with you. | 我们非常期待与你们合作 |
[14:47] | Hooli is the future, and your future is… | 互利代表未来 而你们的未来是… |
[14:54] | the Box Two. | 盒子二 |
[14:58] | So, are there any questions? | 你们有什么问题吗 |
[15:04] | Yes? | 请说 |
[15:06] | I’m sorry, but what if we don’t wanna work on that? | 不好意思 但如果我们不想做那个呢 |
[15:10] | Weird. This is our flagship product, | 奇怪 这可是我们的旗舰产品 |
[15:12] | but I’m sure we’d all like to hear | 但我相信我们都想听听 |
[15:13] | what you would like to work on. | 你想做什么产品的开发 |
[15:15] | A decentralized Internet, | 去中心化的互联网 |
[15:17] | like we were going to build | 就像我们本来想跟 |
[15:18] | with Richard Hendricks. | 理查德·亨德里克斯一起搞的那种 |
[15:19] | Actually, that’s the one thing we can’t do here at Hooli. Yes? | 事实上 我们’互利’不能做那个 请说 |
[15:23] | Sorry. You only hired us | 抱歉 你雇佣了我们 |
[15:25] | because Pied Piper wanted us, right? | 只是因为’魔笛手’想要我们 对吗 |
[15:27] | Untrue. Go on. | 不是这样的 继续 |
[15:29] | And Pied Piper only wanted us | 而’魔笛手’想要我们 |
[15:30] | because of our ability to help build a decentralized Internet. | 是因为我们能帮他们建一个去中心化的互联网 |
[15:33] | Can’t speak to that. Continue. | 我不能对此发表意见 继续 |
[15:35] | And you’re telling us that even if we want to, | 而你却告诉我们 就算我们想 |
[15:38] | we can’t build a decentralized Internet here. | 也不能在这家公司建立去中心化的互联网 |
[15:39] | May I ask why not? | 可以问问原因吗 |
[15:41] | Because Richard owns the patent for it. | 因为理查德有那项技术的专利 |
[15:45] | Yes, third row, red hoodie. | 请讲 第三排穿红卫衣那位 |
[15:47] | How did he get it? | 他怎么得到专利的 |
[15:48] | I gave it to him. | 我给他的 |
[15:52] | You in the back? | 后面那位 |
[15:52] | Why did you do that? | 你为什么那么做 |
[15:55] | It was a Buddhist act of selflessness. | 那是出于佛家的慈悲心肠 |
[15:58] | Well, I’m also a Buddhist, | 我也信佛 |
[16:00] | and I would never give him the patent. | 要是我就绝不会给他这项专利 |
[16:01] | I mean, once he builds that Internet, | 一旦他建立起这个互联网 |
[16:03] | he’s gonna render Hooli’s entire web-based ecosystem | 就会让’互利’整个基于网络的系统 |
[16:06] | completely obsolete. | 被完全淘汰 |
[16:08] | I mean, everything you’re doing here is antiquated. | 你在这里做的一切都会变成老掉牙 |
[16:12] | That’s not a question. That’s a statement. | 你不是在问我问题 你是在发表意见 |
[16:14] | You know what? | 这么着吧 |
[16:16] | Fuck you guys. I don’t want you working on my box. | 操你妈的 我才不想让你们来做我的盒子 |
[16:19] | It’s too good for you. “Antiquated”? | 你们配不上 还”老掉牙”呢 |
[16:20] | Why did you all take my money then, | 那你们当时为什么还跟我签约那我的工资 |
[16:22] | you entitled little pricks? | 你们这群小混蛋 |
[16:23] | You all think you’re John Lennon | 你们都以为自己清高如列侬 |
[16:25] | until someone waves a dollar in your face! | 直到有人拿钱砸你们的脸 |
[16:27] | You know what? Get outta here! | 都给我滚出去 |
[16:29] | Go on, just wander the campus for four years until you vest. | 去公司园区里浪上四年直到你们合同到期 |
[16:32] | See what I care. | 看我还想不想的起你们 |
[16:33] | I’m serious! Go! Goodbye! Thank you very much! | 我说真的 滚吧 再见 我谢谢你们 |
[16:38] | Assholes. “Antiquated”? | 一群混蛋 说我”老掉牙” |
[16:41] | Fuck do they think they are? | 他们他妈的以为自己是谁啊 |
[16:43] | I’m in the Innovation Hall of Fame. Are they? | 创新名人堂里有我的大名 他们呢 |
[16:45] | Speaking of, they sent over the official inductees portrait. | 说到照片 正式的入选者肖像画已经送来了 |
[16:49] | You and your peers. Handsome bunch. | 你和其他大师们 都帅呆了 |
[16:55] | Fuck. | 操 |
[16:57] | Fuck! | 我操你妈 |
[17:03] | – So, Mr. Yang– – It’s Mr. Jian. | -杨先生… -该叫建先生 |
[17:07] | In China, last name comes first. | 在中国 姓写在名前面 |
[17:10] | Okay. Mr. Jian, | 好吧 建先生 |
[17:13] | you say that Erlich Bachman wrote this letter… | 你说这封信是埃利希·巴赫曼 |
[17:16] | – to you? – Yes. | -写给你的 -是的 |
[17:19] | “This is Erlich. Hello. | “我是埃利希 你好 |
[17:22] | “I am gone, but Jian-Yang is a very good friend | “我走了 但杨建是个很好的朋友 |
[17:27] | “and very smart. | “也很聪明 |
[17:29] | “I want him to be the leader of the house | “我想让他成为房子的领导者 |
[17:33] | “And control all of the friends. | “管理所有的朋友 |
[17:36] | “Goodbye. Bachman Erlich.” | “再见 巴赫曼埃利希” |
[17:41] | Yes. I want his house. Thank you. | 是的 我想要他的房子 谢谢 |
[17:45] | Okay, I don’t technically represent Mr. Bachman. | 好吧 严格意义上我并不代表巴赫曼先生 |
[17:49] | I’m Pied Piper’s corporate counsel, | 我是’魔笛手’的公司法律顾问 |
[17:51] | so my exposure to Bachman pertains | 所以只有在涉及他所拥有的10%公司股份时 |
[17:53] | only to his 10% ownership of the business. | 我才能代表他处理文件 |
[17:56] | Errich owns 10% of Pied Piper? | 埃利希有’魔笛手’10%的股份 |
[18:00] | This was not a lie? | 你不是在骗我 |
[18:01] | Sadly, no, that’s very, very real. | 很不幸还真不是 真的不能再真了 |
[18:05] | That’s worth a lot of money. | 这可值不少钱呢 |
[18:08] | It’s promising tech. One day it could be worth a shit-ton. | 这技术很有前途 将来能值一座金山呢 |
[18:12] | Shit-ton. Yes. | 金山 是啊 |
[18:16] | Mr. Jian, you seem like a good guy. | 建先生 你看着像个好人 |
[18:19] | this letter is not a legal document. | 这封信不是法律文书 |
[18:23] | I mean, maybe a skilled attorney could make a case | 或许有本事的律师能在 |
[18:26] | that in the absence of an existing will, | 缺乏现有遗嘱的情况下采取法律手段 |
[18:28] | this would serve as one in the case of Bachman’s death, | 让这封信在巴赫曼死亡的情况下被作为遗嘱 |
[18:31] | – but as far as I can tell, the guy is not… – Dead. | -但据我所知 这人还没 -死了 |
[18:35] | Yes. Errich is dead. | 是的 埃利希死了 |
[18:41] | Do you happen to have… a death certificate | 你有没有 死亡证明 |
[18:44] | – or any– any form of proof of… – Yes. | -或是任何形式的证据呢 -有的 |
[18:48] | I can get it now. | 我这就拿给你 |
[18:54] | Our deal with Kira is for 30 fucking coders. | 我们和吉拉谈好的是三十名程序员 |
[18:57] | Where in the hell are we gonna put them? | 我们哪有地方给他们坐啊 |
[18:58] | Well, I suppose we could put three more workstations here, | 我觉得这里还能放三个工位 |
[19:02] | and then two more over there. | 那里还能加两个 |
[19:03] | It’d be crowded but cozy. | 会很挤 但也贴心不寂寞 |
[19:05] | They’ll be all holed up together like the Branch Davidians. | 他们能像大卫教派那样紧密团结在一起 |
[19:08] | Yeah, but, I mean, are we sure this is the right thing to do? | 好吧 但我们确定这是正确的选择吗 |
[19:12] | I mean, I don’t want to crowd the stallions. | 我可不想挤到下凡的这几位 |
[19:15] | Are we sure taking on all 30 of Kira’s guys is the right move? | 你确定全盘接收三十人是正确的抉择吗 |
[19:18] | We can get up and running. They all know each other, | 我们就能运作起来了 他们互相都认识 |
[19:20] | so we won’t have to play the name game. | 所以也就省去了破冰游戏 |
[19:21] | Yeah. | 也是 |
[19:27] | Ron, hello. | 罗恩 你好 |
[19:28] | Hey, buddy. Hang on just a second. | 哥们 稍微等一下 |
[19:30] | No, the– the exit is– the exit is the other way. | 不对 出口在 出口在反方向 |
[19:34] | God damn it. Um, Richie, you know a guy named “Jee-Ann”? | 苍天啊 理奇你认识一个叫基安的人吗 |
[19:38] | Jan? Uh, no. | 简吗 不认识 |
[19:40] | Well, I know a “Jan the Man,” but she’s a woman. | 我认识个”简犀利” 但她是个女的 |
[19:43] | Look, did you– did you talk to the Optimoji board yet? | 听着 你有没有和爆绘文字的董事会谈过 |
[19:46] | Uh, did we close the deal? | 我们拿下合同了吗 |
[19:49] | Uh, well, a deal closed. | 合同是拿下了 |
[19:51] | Another bidder came in with a better offer, | 另一个投标人给出了更高的出价 |
[19:53] | – so they went with them. – What? | -所以他们签了另一家 -什么 |
[19:54] | Was it Gavin fucking Belson again? | 又他妈的是盖文·贝尔森吗 |
[19:56] | No, it was a new company. | 不是 是一家新公司 |
[19:59] | Real smart, clever name. | 名字起得非常有意思 |
[20:01] | Sort of a pun that rhymes. | 类似于押韵的双关语 |
[20:10] | Oh, hello, dickheads. | 你好 二位混蛋 |
[20:12] | I hope I’m not interrupting your plotting, | 希望我没有打扰你们密谋大事 |
[20:14] | you sneaky little dinks. | 你们这两个狡猾的小骗子 |
[20:16] | Kira, you and I had a deal, okay? | 吉拉 咱们俩说好的是不是 |
[20:19] | So fuck you, fuck you, and fuck you! | 操你妈 操你妈 操你们全家 |
[20:23] | What did he say? | 他说什么 |
[20:25] | Not you. Just e– everyone. | 不是说你 是所有人 |
[20:27] | I meant fuck all of you. No one specific. | 操你们所有人 没有特指 |
[20:29] | Richard, you low-balled me. Mmm? | 理查德 你故意压低给我的报价 |
[20:32] | Remember? Well, Duncan here said he wanted to grow fast as balls. | 记得吗 邓肯想让公司快速发展 |
[20:36] | – He said he was psyched. – Yeah, I am psyched. | -他对此很激动 -对 我超激动 |
[20:38] | I’d hire a million people if I could. | 如果可以 我想把全硅谷的程序员都招来 |
[20:39] | See, if I have to sell my company, I might as well sell it | 你想 如果我必须卖掉我的公司 我也会 |
[20:42] | to the CEO who actually wants all of us. | 卖给一个真心想要我们所有人的CEO |
[20:45] | It’s pizza, Kira. | 这就是个披萨应用 吉拉 |
[20:46] | Richard, we’re just three CEOs | 理查德 我们只是三个 |
[20:48] | trying to do right by our companies. | 都为自己公司着想的CEO |
[20:50] | Okay, you know what? I’m glad you turned us down, | 好吧 我很高兴你拒绝了我们 |
[20:53] | because I don’t want to work with anyone | 因为任何愿意跟这个蠢货合作的人 |
[20:54] | who wants to work with this… meathead. | 在我公司都不受欢迎 |
[21:01] | I’m taking these. I’m taking all of them. | 我要拿走这些 全都拿走 |
[21:06] | Maybe just take one. You have like four employees. | 也许一个就够了 反正你只有四名员工 |
[21:15] | Ah, shit. | 该死 |
[21:18] | Throw it away. | 把它扔了 |
[21:20] | Patrice, I’d like to welcome you back to the Hooli family. | 帕特莉斯 欢迎你回到’互利’大家庭 |
[21:23] | It’s wonderful to be back, Gavin. | 能回来真是太棒了 盖文 |
[21:25] | Sadly, the timing couldn’t be worse. | 现在我们处于艰难时期 |
[21:28] | Those code-monkeys I just hired were right about one thing: | 我雇的那些程序猿说对了一件事 |
[21:31] | Making Jack’s box the flagship product of this company | 把杰克开发的盒子作为公司的旗舰产品 |
[21:35] | will send us down a path to technological irrelevance | 会让我们走上一条与主流技术脱节的 |
[21:37] | from which we will never return. | 不归路 |
[21:39] | But in light of the time and resources | 但考虑到我们已经对这个产品 |
[21:42] | we’ve invested in this product, | 投入了时间和资源 |
[21:44] | convincing the board and our shareholders | 说服董事会和股东 |
[21:45] | to simply scrap it will be nearly impossible. | 马上放弃它几乎不可能 |
[21:47] | Our company is too big to turn around that quickly. | 公司太大 难以迅速做出改变 |
[21:50] | Gavin, what if you launched a new product | 盖文 也许你可以启动一个新产品开发项目 |
[21:52] | to help us correct course? | 帮我们重回正轨 |
[21:54] | Absolutely. Look at all the products | 没错 看看这些年 |
[21:55] | you’ve brought to market over the years. | 你成功推出的所有产品 |
[21:58] | True. | 这倒是 |
[21:59] | I did invent the HooliPod | 我确实创造了互利播放器 |
[22:02] | and the HooliPad and the HooliPad Pro, | 互利平板和互利平板专业版 |
[22:04] | but a man only has so many game-changing inventions in him. | 但一个人推出跨时代产品的能力是有限的 |
[22:08] | And technically, all the products | 确切地说 所有这些 |
[22:10] | he just named were money-losers. | 他说的产品都亏了本 |
[22:12] | I mean, you could argue we’d have been better off | 可以说如果他没有推出这些产品 |
[22:14] | if he’d never invented any of that stuff. | 我们的情况可能更好 |
[22:19] | – Hoover. – Sir. | -胡佛 -在 |
[22:25] | Patrice, can I talk to you outside for a second? | 帕特莉斯 我能跟你单独说两句吗 |
[22:31] | Anyway, if Jack Barker’s insidious box | 如果杰克·巴克这个毒瘤盒子 |
[22:34] | is allowed to go to market, | 最终进入市场 |
[22:35] | we may all lose our jobs. | 我们可能都会丢掉工作 |
[22:36] | We may all go the way of Patrice. | 我们都会像帕特莉斯一样走人 |
[22:38] | But we must fight it. | 我们必须想出对策 |
[22:40] | We cannot sacrifice our long-term wellbeing | 我们不能为了短期利润 |
[22:43] | in the interest of paltry, short-term profits. | 牺牲掉长期收益 |
[22:46] | Well, they’re not paltry, exactly. | 确切地说 它们不是短期利润 |
[22:48] | Did you not see the preorder figures for the Box Two? | 你没有看到盒子二代的预购统计吗 |
[22:50] | They came in this morning. | 今早刚出来的 |
[22:54] | Holy shit. | 我的天 |
[22:57] | Are these right? How many quarters is this? | 这数据对吗 这是几个季度的 |
[23:00] | Just one. The Box Two will be by far | 就一个 盒子二代会是有史以来 |
[23:02] | the most lucrative new product we’ve ever released. | 我们发布的最赚钱的新产品 |
[23:06] | Fucking Sliceline. | 该死的牙价网 |
[23:08] | Plus his fancy, hi-tech pizza tastes just like Domino’s. | 而且他这高科技披萨吃起来跟达美乐的一样 |
[23:11] | There’s a reason for that. Check out the liner. | 这是有原因的 看这底下的衬纸 |
[23:14] | – Oh yeah. – I guess that’s Domino’s. | -确实 -我看就是达美乐的 |
[23:17] | We never had pizza ’cause my step-mom said | 我们从没吃过披萨 因为我继母说 |
[23:19] | Italians aren’t real white people. | 意大利人并不是真正的白人 |
[23:21] | Hold on. Duncan doesn’t even make his own pizza? | 等等 邓肯不自己做披萨吗 |
[23:24] | He just orders it from Domino’s | 他只是从达美乐那里订 |
[23:26] | and switches the boxes? | 然后换个包装 |
[23:28] | He really is sneaky. | 他真是狡猾 |
[23:30] | It’s not sneaky. It’s stupid. | 这不是狡猾 这是蠢 |
[23:33] | Switching boxes costs a lot of money. | 换包装要花很多钱 |
[23:35] | Okay. How do you know? | 好吧 你怎么知道 |
[23:38] | I need to prove Errich’s dead, | 我需要证明埃利希已经死了 |
[23:40] | so I want to ship a dead body from China, | 所以我想从中国运一具尸体过来 |
[23:44] | but it’s hard to find a white body in China, | 但要在中国找到一具白人尸体很难 |
[23:47] | especially fat like Errich, | 特别是像埃利希这么胖的 |
[23:50] | so I buy a fat, white cadaver | 所以我从辛辛那提医学院 |
[23:54] | from Cincinnati medical school. | 买了一具胖白人尸体 |
[23:56] | But to ship to China, then switch box, | 但要运到中国 掉包 |
[24:00] | then ship back, it’s way too much money. | 再运回来 这太花钱了 |
[24:04] | Say that again. | 谁来复述一下 |
[24:06] | Like, not one word of that made sense. | 每个字根本都串不起来 |
[24:09] | Hold on. Just– ju– what– uh… | 等等 我 想想 |
[24:13] | does anyone– does anyone know the price of a Domino’s pizza? | 有人 有人知道达美乐披萨的价格吗 |
[24:16] | A large, 10 bucks. | 大号的十美元 |
[24:18] | Okay, well, Sliceline sells theirs for nine. | 牙价网的披萨卖九美元 |
[24:21] | – So? – So, we’re not fucked yet. | -所以 -所以我们还没彻底玩完 |
[24:27] | That was kinda crazy, Richard. That was– | 你之前真的好吓人 理查德 真的是 |
[24:30] | I mean, you threw a full-on tantrum. | 你真是好一顿撒泼啊 |
[24:33] | I know, I know. I am so sorry. | 我知道 我很抱歉 |
[24:34] | It’s just– I guess I’m just a CEO | 只是 我想我只是个 |
[24:36] | trying to do right by my company. | 为自己公司着想的CEO |
[24:38] | Like you guys. | 像你们一样 |
[24:40] | Speaking of business, wow, we’re having a hell of a night. | 说到工作 我们今晚超火爆 |
[24:42] | Yeah, well, I would know. | 是啊 我知道 |
[24:43] | About 500 of those orders tonight are me. | 大搞有五百个订单是我下的 |
[24:47] | Richard, you really didn’t have to do that. | 理查德 你没必要这样的 |
[24:49] | But the peace offering is super appreciated. | 但也非常感谢你送给我们的和解补偿 |
[24:52] | Yeah, well, I wouldn’t really call it a peace offering. | 我可不会把这叫做和解补偿 |
[24:55] | You see, Duncan, you took eight mil in funding, right? | 邓肯 你拿到了八百万投资 对吧 |
[24:59] | And then you matched my offer | 然后你提出高于我的报价 |
[25:01] | to acquire Optimoji here from Kira, | 从吉拉那收购了爆绘文字 |
[25:03] | but the thing is, you can’t sell your pizzas | 但问题是 你的披萨标价是九美元 |
[25:06] | for nine bucks a pop without taking a bath, can you? | 想要不亏本根本不可能 对吧 |
[25:09] | The reboxing, the double delivery, ugh. | 重新包装 二次送餐 |
[25:13] | You lose, what, four bucks an order? | 每一份订单你亏了 四美元吗 |
[25:15] | Five, actually. | 其实是五美元 |
[25:18] | – We’re losing five bucks a pizza? – Yeah. | -我们每份比萨订单亏损五美元吗 -对 |
[25:21] | Only temporarily. So, her team is gonna optimize | 只是暂时的 她的团队将会优化 |
[25:23] | our order routing and allocation, | 我们的下单路径和配置 |
[25:25] | and then we’ll be cash-flow positive. | 之后我们就有利润了 |
[25:27] | We can easily turn it around | 在花光投资之前 |
[25:28] | – before we run out of money. – Right. | -我们会很快扭转局面 -也是 |
[25:30] | – Yeah. – Unless a lot of people | -对 -除非很多人 |
[25:32] | buy your pizza very quickly. | 突然一起集中下单 |
[25:37] | What are– what are you doing? | 你在 你在做什么 |
[25:38] | Well, Duncan, I can be a dickhead too. | 邓肯 我也会出阴招 |
[25:41] | You see, I have $13 million in my bank account | 你看 我银行账户里有一千三百万 |
[25:43] | and a very low payroll, | 缺没多少员工需要发工资 |
[25:45] | which affords me to buy a lot of tasty ‘za | 这样我就有闲钱买很多好吃的比萨 |
[25:49] | before you can turn it around. | 让你没时间扭转局面 |
[25:52] | You’re trying to bankrupt us? | 你是要让我们破产吗 |
[25:54] | No, Kira. I’m simply trying to devalue your company, | 不 吉拉 我只是想让你们的公司贬值 |
[25:56] | so that I can make a low-ball acquisition offer | 这样我就能压低我的收购价 |
[25:59] | which you cannot refuse. | 而你们还没法说不 |
[26:01] | Richard, I’m just gonna delete your account. | 理查德 我把你的账户删掉就行了 |
[26:03] | You see, my engineers already thought of that, | 你看 我的工程师们早就想到了这一点 |
[26:05] | and they worked up a little botnet program. | 而他们搞了一个小僵尸网络程序 |
[26:08] | Thousands of fake users indistinguishable from real ones | 上万个以假乱真的假用户跟真用户混杂在一起 |
[26:11] | geolocated perfectly to maximize drive time | 完美定位在同一地点以最大化我们的行动时间 |
[26:14] | and bleed your little greasebag operation dry. | 这样就能让你这小破公司血本无归 |
[26:17] | You know, I may not have that many coders, | 我可能没雇多少程序员 |
[26:19] | but the ones I do are stallions, | 但我现有的员工可是天上有地下无 |
[26:22] | each one more magnificent than the last. | 每一位都是那么超凡脱俗 |
[26:29] | You spent $19,000 on pizza? | 你花了一万九美元买比萨 |
[26:32] | No, $19,000 on vengeance. | 不 一万九千美元用来复仇 |
[26:35] | You’re acquiring Sliceline who already acquired Optimoji? | 你要收购那个已经收购了爆绘文字的牙价网 |
[26:38] | Richard, you’re talking about absorbing a staff of 50. | 理查德 这可意味着新增五十名员工 |
[26:42] | How are you gonna spin this to Laurie? | 这你要怎么说服劳里 |
[26:43] | Well, you said you’d protect me from Laurie. | 你说过你会在劳里面前保护我 |
[26:45] | I mean, she’s your partner. Are you afraid of her? | 她是你的合伙人 难道你害怕她 |
[26:47] | Of course I’m afraid of her. | 我当然害怕她 |
[26:49] | The woman got pregnant just to prove to me | 那个女人怀孕就是为了向我证明 |
[26:50] | that she could do it without missing a day of work. | 她可以一天假都不请得把孩子生下来 |
[26:53] | Okay, fair enough, | 好吧 我理解 |
[26:54] | but maybe this one time you could take my side. | 但也许这次你可以支持我 |
[26:55] | I cannot take your side. You’re asking for 50 employees. | 我没法支持你 你想要雇五十位员工 |
[26:57] | – Think of the… – Sorry I am late. | -想想看 -抱歉我迟到了 |
[26:59] | Hey, Laurie. Did you, uh– | 劳里 你不是 |
[27:02] | Induce? Yes, this morning… | 催产了 对 就今早 |
[27:05] | and here I am. | 而我已经回来上班了 |
[27:07] | So, Richard, | 那么 理查德 |
[27:09] | I received your email. | 我收到了你的邮件 |
[27:10] | I understand you wish to acquire a company called… Sliceline, | 我明白你想要收购一家公司叫做牙价网 |
[27:15] | which themselves recently acquired a company called Optimoji. | 他们最近刚收购了一家公司叫爆绘文字 |
[27:19] | Yes, and I will be firing both companies’ CEOs | 对 而且我会开除两家公司得CEO |
[27:23] | and taking on a total engineering team of about, uh, 50. | 接管所有的工程师团队 大概五十人 |
[27:28] | Fifty? | 五十 |
[27:30] | Monica, you are okay with this? | 莫妮卡 你对此无异议吗 |
[27:33] | Well, it shortens their runway significantly, | 这确实发展太快 让他们有点措不及防 |
[27:37] | but you did say that you want them to grow, Laurie. | 但你也说过希望他们扩大规模 劳里 |
[27:40] | Yes, but in this case it seems… | 但这件事感觉有点 |
[27:44] | reckless. | 草率 |
[27:45] | However, if you are on top of it, Monica, then… | 但如果你对这事有把握 莫妮卡 那么 |
[27:51] | approved. | 批准了 |
[27:53] | Congratulations. | 恭喜你 |
[27:54] | Great. Thanks. And congratulations to you too. | 太好了 谢谢 也恭喜你 |
[27:59] | On? | 因为 |
[28:01] | On the– on your– on your baby. | 因为孩子出生了 |
[28:11] | This is awesome. Gavin is essentially doubling-down | 棒极了 看起来盖文把精力全放在了 |
[28:14] | on the very thing we are destroying. | 我们将要摧毁的领域 |
[28:16] | It’s like he’s giving up. | 就好像他放弃了 |
[28:17] | Maybe I should’ve ordered the nicer Tesla. | 也许我该买那辆更好的特斯拉 |
[28:24] | Oh gosh. Everyone’s here. | 老天 所有人都来了 |
[28:26] | – Richard. – So many people. | -理查德 -好多人 |
[28:28] | Richard. | 理查德 |
[28:32] | I thought you’d want to give some opening remarks, | 我想你不如给大家开场致个词 |
[28:35] | you know, it being the first day and all, | 你知道毕竟是第一天开始工作 |
[28:36] | just to set the tone. | 就给公司设个基调 |
[28:40] | Ladies and gentlemen, Richard Hendricks! | 女士们先生们 理查德·亨德里克斯 |
[28:55] | Well, it’s great to have everybody | 很高兴能跟大家合作 |
[28:58] | and… so many… f– faces. | 好多新鲜的面孔 |
[29:03] | We’ve got a lot of… men and women here. | 我们这有很多男男女女一起工作 |
[29:09] | And… | 还有 |
[29:13] | we should remember that. | 我们得谨记这一点 |
[29:16] | So, let’s keep it clean. | 大家要注意卫生 |
[29:21] | It’s always a challenge… | 总是很难 |
[29:24] | to get it– | 要保持 |
[29:26] | I’ve got– I should probably– more to say in a minute. | 我得 我可能 等下会再讲几句 |
[29:29] | I just have to go, one– one second, in my office… | 我得先走了 稍微去下 我办公室 |
[29:32] | and then we’ll conclude. | 然后我再做个结束语 |
[29:35] | Uh, he just needs a second in his office, | 他就需要稍微回下他办公室 |
[29:37] | then he’s gonna come back. | 之后很快回来 |
[29:43] | Oh God. | 老天 |
[29:44] | Don’t tell anyone, okay? | 别告诉任何人 好吗 |
[29:49] | Richard, I know– I know money’s tight, | 理查德 我知道我们经费紧张 |
[29:50] | but I think I might invest in a modesty panel for your desk. | 但我想我应该给你的桌子加块遮脚板 |
[29:54] | What? | 什么 |