时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:00] | Well, Colin, he did take my money. | 柯林他倒是接受了 |
[00:01] | Now he is leaving your network. | 所以他要离开你的公司了 |
[00:02] | To go where? | 那他要去哪里 |
[00:03] | To the network run by my new friend, Laurie Bream. | 加入我的新朋友 萝莉布林经营的网路 |
[00:05] | nzmz818@gmail.com | 合作邮箱 |
[00:08] | – You guys, there’s really no other option. – Yes, there is. | -我们实在别无选择了 -还有办法 |
[00:11] | If Hooli won’t sell us Foxhole, we could just buy Hooli. | 呼利若不卖散兵坑给我们 我们买下呼利就行了 |
[00:14] | Big question. | 请教一下 |
[00:16] | How do we buy Hooli? | 我们要怎么买下呼利 |
[00:18] | You want this deal to close, you bring us the forms, | 想谈成交易 就请带着文件过来 |
[00:21] | get everyone’s hard signature and then bring them to me. | 让大家亲签 搜集好给我确认签章 |
[00:24] | You’re not gonna turn your back on 30 years | 你不会这样背叛 |
[00:26] | of making money together, are you? | 三十年的发财搭档吧 |
[00:28] | I don’t want to be in business with any of you people. | 我才不想跟你们任何一位做生意 |
[00:31] | Everybody’s gathered out there, | 大家都已经聚在外头 |
[00:32] | so you should probably say something. | 你得去致词 |
[00:33] | Won’t they be happy? I freed them from Gavin. | 他们不是该开心吗 我帮他们摆脱了盖文的魔掌 |
[00:36] | Or your company just swallowed theirs and you fired their founder and CEO. | 另一种角度是你鲸吞他们公司 还开除他们的创办人兼执行长 |
[00:54] | All we wanted was Foxhole, | 我们想买的是散兵坑 |
[00:55] | and instead we got all these Hooli people. | 却招来这群呼利员工 |
[00:58] | We really couldn’t just fire them, sight unseen? | 不能直接开除他们 眼不见为净吗 |
[01:01] | Tracy from HR has to do an assessment of each person first, | 人资部的崔西得先评估过所有人 |
[01:05] | then we should can them. | 之后就能铲除了 |
[01:08] | I think I know that guy. | 可恶 我好像认识他 |
[01:10] | Yeah | 好 |
[01:11] | What are you doing? Did you just wave him in? | 你是在招手请他进来吗 |
[01:12] | I-I don’t know, automatic social shit. | 不晓得 是反射性社交行为吧 |
[01:16] | Ethan! | 伊森 |
[01:17] | – What are you doing here? – You tell me, boss. | -你在这里干吗 -老板 你说呢 |
[01:20] | Ethan was my first manager when I was at Hooli. | 伊森是我进呼利后的第一个经理 |
[01:22] | I didn’t know you still worked there. | 原来你还在里面 |
[01:23] | Well, we can’t all invent middle-out compression. | 又不是每个人都能 发明由里而外压缩法 |
[01:27] | Anyway, I-I hope I make the cut. | 总之 希望我能幸运入选 |
[01:29] | Yeah, well, we’re having to be creative with the merger, so… | 是啊 要合并公司总得发挥创意 |
[01:34] | Totally. That’s why I figured I could maybe help. | 我懂 所以我才觉得能帮忙 |
[01:36] | You could use Hooli OS for your entire mobile suite. | 呼利作业系统能支援 你们的套装行动软体 |
[01:40] | We’re not gonna spend months porting | 我们不能花好几个月 |
[01:42] | Hooli software over to our protocol, so… | 修改呼利软体的协定埠 |
[01:44] | – But thanks. – It was a good thought. | -还是谢了 -没错 想法不错 |
[01:47] | You wouldn’t have to. | 但其实不必这样 |
[01:49] | When we iterated Hooli OS 11, we reengineered | 第十一版呼利系统重新写过 |
[01:52] | the entire network layer to be compatible with other protocols… | 网路层的设计全都改了 所以能相容其他协定埠 |
[01:56] | and you own it. | 现在是你们的了 |
[01:58] | How quickly? | 你估计多快 |
[01:59] | would you say, you could, make it work with PiperNet? | 能让系统连上魔笛手 |
[02:02] | A few weeks with almost zero refactor. | 几周内几乎不用更动程式码 |
[02:05] | How much money do you think that could save us? | 这样能替我们省下多少钱 |
[02:08] | So you guys are planning to build your own | 你们何必自己组建外接天线 |
[02:09] | external antennas to deploy for the Hawaii test? | 通过夏威夷的测试呢 |
[02:12] | – Why? – The zero- start problem. | -为什么 -毕竟是从零开始 |
[02:14] | Until we have a critical mass of users, | 在用户量够多之前 |
[02:16] | iOS and Android devices don’t have enough range. | 覆盖率不敷苹果和安卓装置使用 |
[02:20] | Right, of course not, but push-to-talk HooliPhones do. | 没错 但一按即听呼利电话 就能提供覆盖率 |
[02:22] | HooliPhones? | 呼利电话 |
[02:24] | You want us to roll out our network on push-to-talk, janky-ass HooliPhones? | 你要我们建立网路在鸟电话上 |
[02:28] | Laugh it up, but, uh, the fact that | 你们尽管笑 |
[02:30] | they still have low power, omnidirectional antennas | 电话的低电压全方位天线 |
[02:33] | means they have a radius of four miles. | 覆盖面积可达半径四哩 |
[02:35] | What is your antenna’s range? | 你们的天线能覆盖多少 |
[02:37] | – One mile? – Wrong. | -1哩吧 -错 |
[02:39] | One-point-one-five. | 是1点15哩 |
[02:41] | Okay. Line of sight, though. | 是直线视距吧 |
[02:43] | – Maybe. – Richard, | -也许 -理查 |
[02:45] | you guys just bought 250,000 HooliPhones. | 你们刚买下廿五万只呼利电话 |
[02:47] | Instead of spending more money on expensive and mediocre antennas, | 与其再破费买昂贵平庸的天线 |
[02:51] | why not just give away HooliPhones for the test? | 何不拿既有的呼利电话测试 |
[02:54] | Delete. | 别想了 |
[02:57] | Ethan, could you walk us through the Hooli OS side of all this work? | 伊森 你能简介呼利系统要怎么相容吗 |
[03:01] | Totally, but I think it’d go faster if I just took point and your guys backed me up. | 没问题 但为加速流程 你们最好让我主导帮我背书 |
[03:05] | I’m sorry, what do you mean, back you up? | 抱歉 帮你背书是什么意思 |
[03:07] | Guys, we are in a huge hole here. | 各位 我们现在的麻烦很大 |
[03:10] | Whatever it takes to get us out of it, please. | 拜托 有办法就要试 |
[03:13] | Why don’t you talk to Tracy in HR, | 你去找人资部的崔西 |
[03:15] | and you can get your start-paperwork. | 把就职文件办一办 |
[03:17] | Looks I already earned my keep, huh, Patches? | 看来我有免死金牌了 补丁哥 |
[03:20] | Patches. | 补丁哥 |
[03:22] | That’s weird that you remember that. | 你居然还记得 |
[03:25] | Patches. I’ll tell them. | 我解释一下 补丁哥 |
[03:27] | First day at Hooli, | 我进呼利的第一天 |
[03:28] | I wore this sweater that had these, like, elbow pads on it. | 穿着手肘有补丁的毛衣 |
[03:31] | – Anyway – HooliPhones? | -总之 -什么呼利电话 |
[03:34] | Are you fucking serious? | 别闹了 |
[03:35] | You just laid down and let that guy roll all over us. | 你大方让那家伙践踏我们 |
[03:38] | Look, I don’t wanna use Hooli shit anymore than you guys, | 听好 我一样不想用呼利的设备 |
[03:40] | but this is for the greater good of the company. | 但这是为公司大局着想 |
[03:42] | This will get us to a working test. | 这样我们就能通过测试 |
[03:44] | This will get us to Hawaii. | 然后打进夏威夷 |
[03:49] | Holden. | 霍顿 |
[03:50] | I asked for a water. | 我不是请你拿水吗 |
[04:03] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[04:06] | Laurie. | 萝莉 |
[04:09] | Laurie. | 萝莉 |
[04:11] | Monica. | 莫妮卡 |
[04:13] | – Hello. – Hi. | -你好 -嗨 |
[04:15] | I’m now using touch as a means to communicate friendship. | 我在练习用肢体接触表达友谊 |
[04:21] | Is that Kara Swisher? | 那是卡拉史威瑟吗 |
[04:23] | What do guys do in there? | 这是什么活动 |
[04:24] | We are uplifting each other | 我们互相精进 |
[04:26] | while we plan our annual Women in Tech Empowerment panel. | 一面筹备科技女力大会 |
[04:28] | Kara’s moderating. | 卡拉是主讲人 |
[04:30] | Oh my God. Is that Susan… | 天啊 那是苏珊 |
[04:31] | Susan Wojcicki from YouTube. | 串流平台的苏珊沃西基 |
[04:33] | Don’t point, it’s unseemly. | 别指了 没礼貌 |
[04:35] | Laurie, you do know that I am the CFO of a prominent tech company | 萝莉 你可知道我也是大科技公司的财务长 |
[04:39] | and just personally led the acquisition of Hooli? | 最近一手策划收购呼利了吧 |
[04:42] | Yes, I am aware. | 我知道 |
[04:43] | My partner Maximo is, hmm… unpleased. | 我的事业伙伴 马克西莫不太高兴 |
[04:46] | I’m just saying, I-I would love to do the panel. | 我的意思是 我也想加入大会 |
[04:49] | Why? You don’t mentor, you don’t volunteer, | 为什么 你不带人 不做志工 |
[04:52] | you don’t develop programs for women. | 也不参与女性发展计划 |
[04:53] | You’ve never shown the slightest interest in supporting women. | 你向来对支持女力没有兴趣 |
[04:56] | Of course I have! Which is why | 我当然有兴趣 |
[04:57] | Which is why I wanna do your panel with Susan Wojcicki from YouTube. | 所以我才想要加入大会 跟串流平台的苏珊沃西基共事 |
[05:02] | we do have a lot of funny people. | 大会里确实有各种怪人 |
[05:04] | You could add… balance. | 你加入可以平衡一下 |
[05:11] | Are you eating the entire leaf? | 你刚才是把整片叶子吃下去吗 |
[05:13] | It’s amazing how wasteful people in the West can be. | 西方人竟可以如此浪费 |
[05:19] | Hoover. | 胡佛 |
[05:21] | This book will send shockwaves throughout the Valley. | 这本书绝对能震惊矽谷 |
[05:27] | Cold Ice Cream and Hot Kisses. | 当冰淇淋对上热吻 |
[05:31] | This is about your experience at Hooli? | 这是在写呼利的经验吗 |
[05:33] | No, no. It’s a coming-of-age story about a lost, yet handsome teen | 不对 这是个迷惘俊小子的成长故事 |
[05:37] | growing up one fateful summer in Maine. | 暑假在缅因州遇事长大 |
[05:40] | Now, get that to the publishers. | 快把稿子送到出版社 |
[05:42] | I want the hardback in my hand by tomorrow lunchtime. | 我明天吃午饭时就要收到精装版 |
[05:46] | Sir, it takes a bit longer than that. | 老板 没办法那么快 |
[05:47] | We have to send it out to publishing houses and then find an editor. | 我们得送到各大出版社 还要找到合适编辑 |
[05:51] | Editors are for people who can’t write correctly the first time. | 那些文笔不好的人才需要编辑 |
[05:54] | We’ll self-publish. | 我们自己出版 |
[05:56] | And this really isn’t about tech? | 整本书跟科技业无关吗 |
[05:58] | No. I’ve left tech for good. | 无关 我决定永远离开科技业 |
[06:02] | Now, I have a chance to do something important. | 现在有望干一件大事 |
[06:05] | Write a thinly veiled roman a clef | 写一本含蓄影射的小说 |
[06:07] | set in a whale-themed B and B. | 场景在以鲸鱼为主题的民宿 |
[06:10] | Monica,I was looking over the org chart, | 莫妮卡 我刚才在研究组织结构 |
[06:13] | and I think I’m gonna put you in charge of Foxhole. | 我想要你负责管理散兵坑 |
[06:17] | – What? – Yeah. | -什么 -没错 |
[06:18] | I mean, while I know that you and I were saying that | 还记得我们讨论过 |
[06:20] | maybe some people might find it a little misogynist or offensive. | 有人会认为这是恶心的仇女行为 |
[06:24] | I think that we if we had a woman at the helm, | 要是我们让女性主导 |
[06:27] | it might change the optics, and since you don’t really care… | 也许观感会不同 反正你也不是很在乎 |
[06:30] | No, I-I-I do care. I care deeply. | 错了 我很在乎 我非常在乎 |
[06:34] | No, you don’t. I mean, you literally said, | 才怪 你的措辞是 |
[06:37] | “If a bunch of dumb Marines wanna cheat on their dumb wives, what the fuck do I care?” | 若蠢海军想对蠢老婆不忠 我干吗在乎 |
[06:41] | I don’t think I used those exact words. | 我当时应该不是这样说的 |
[06:44] | I’m pretty sure you did, actually. | 我很确定你说了 |
[06:46] | – You texted it to me last night, see? – No, but… | -你昨晚传了简讯给我 -等一下 |
[06:48] | And then you also said, | 还说 |
[06:50] | “We don’t have to smell it. We just have to sell it. | 我们不必去了解 卖掉就对了 |
[06:52] | – As long as those fat fat fatties…” – Okay. | -只要那堆死肥仔 -好啦 |
[06:54] | I took an Ambien last night, and probably should’ve turned off my phone. | 我昨晚吃安眠药前真该关手机 |
[06:57] | Can you delete those? | 你能删掉讯息吗 |
[07:00] | Monica, just make it work. Please? | 莫妮卡 拜托你想办法就是了 |
[07:03] | For women. | 全是为了女人好 |
[07:07] | Hi. | 你好 |
[07:11] | Bertram Gilfoyle? | 你是伯崔恩吉佛尔吧 |
[07:15] | No. | 不是 |
[07:17] | I’m John. | 我是约翰 |
[07:20] | Okay. | 了解 |
[07:22] | I brought the HooliPhones. Would you like to see them? | 我搬了呼利电话过来 你要看看吗 |
[07:25] | I was told to help you with integration. | 上头要我帮忙整并系统 |
[07:30] | You know what, John? | 约翰 告诉你 |
[07:33] | That would be grand. | 真是太好了 |
[07:40] | Okay, here they are. | 好了 电话都在这里 |
[07:42] | The push-to-talk HooliPhone 13-X. | 13之X款一按即听呼利电话 |
[07:47] | Here’s a HooliPhone right here. | 这是一只呼利电话 |
[07:51] | And here’s a HooliPhone right here. | 还有一只呼利电话 |
[07:55] | – And here’s a… – Stop talking. | -还有 -别说了 |
[07:57] | Sit in that chair. | 坐在那把椅子上 |
[07:59] | Do not touch or say anything. | 别乱碰东西也不要讲话 |
[08:07] | Okay. | 了解 |
[08:10] | Oh my God. | 天啊 |
[08:12] | Gwart, do you remember how I-I told you | 葛华 我之前说找到自己的生父 |
[08:14] | I found my birth father in that militia in the Ozarks, but… | 是奥札克民兵团成员 |
[08:18] | then it turned out that guy was a fraud? | 后来发现那家伙骗人 记得吗 |
[08:22] | I just went in for some genetic testing | 我做了基因检测 |
[08:24] | to-to confirm my diagnosis of Marfan syndrome, | 确认是否有马凡氏症 |
[08:27] | and it turns out that my real parents are alive. | 结果原来我的亲生父母都健在 |
[08:32] | And they live in Santa Cruz. | 他们住在圣塔克鲁兹 |
[08:34] | And they’re still together. | 两个人还在一起 |
[08:36] | What should I do? Should I visit them? | 我该怎么办 该去拜访吗 |
[08:41] | Are you upset? | 你在不开心吗 |
[08:44] | Should I have not allowed somebody to sit so close? | 我不该让人靠你这么近吗 |
[08:47] | Because I-I asked you if it was okay. If you had an issue, you could’ve… | 我问过你的意见 你若不满大可以 |
[08:54] | No. No. | 不对 |
[08:58] | It is my job to protect you. | 我的任务就是保护你 |
[09:01] | That is my responsibility. I shouldn’t have put you in that position. | 我该善尽职责 不让你为难 |
[09:04] | I apologize. Do you forgive me? | 我道歉 你能原谅我吗 |
[09:13] | You’re right! | 你说的对极了 |
[09:15] | I’ll be splitting you guys into teams of four, | 我会把大家分成四人一组 |
[09:17] | then giving you guys different test scenarios. | 给各位不同的测试情境 |
[09:20] | Hey, Patches! | 补丁哥好 |
[09:21] | Holden said that we were having this thing upstairs. | 霍顿说开会地点在楼上 |
[09:23] | Yeah, I moved it down here. It’s just a better space. | 对 但楼下更舒服就搬来了 |
[09:25] | Go ahead, have a seat. You’re over there. | 去坐吧 你的位子在那里 |
[09:27] | I said we should wait for you to start, but… | 我说过要等你来再开始 |
[09:29] | The clock is ticking, though, right? We have stuff to do. | 时间紧凑 有要事得办 |
[09:31] | Busy, busy. | 来开工吧 |
[09:35] | Elbow pads. Weird. | 居然有手肘加补丁的毛衣 真怪 |
[09:38] | Actually, the first day I was at Hooli… | 其实我进呼利时 |
[09:39] | I told them. I told them. They all laughed. | 我已经告诉大家了 大家快笑死了 |
[09:43] | Come on, put it on, Patches. | 补丁哥 快穿上补丁毛衣啊 |
[09:45] | – I don’t wanna put it on. – Do it! Be fun! | -我不想穿 -穿嘛 要有幽默感 |
[09:50] | Okay, sure. I can be fun. | 那好吧 我可以很幽默 |
[09:52] | It’s kinda funny, I guess. | 我想是很好笑 |
[09:55] | Yes! There he is! | 很好 你终于回来了 |
[09:57] | There’s our Patches! | 可爱的补丁哥 |
[10:01] | Richard. | 理查 |
[10:02] | You know I’m just joking around with you, right? | 我只在闹着你玩 |
[10:03] | We’re all just having fun. Thanks for being a good sport, okay? | 活络气氛嘛 感谢你愿意配合 |
[10:06] | Sure. No problem. Okay. Back to it. | 没问题 继续处理正事 |
[10:08] | Right! Okay, so as I was saying, with smaller groups, | 好 如同先前所说 分成小组 |
[10:13] | we’ll be able to make faster decisions, right? Light on our feet. | 才能迅速做出决定 |
[10:16] | For example, | 例如 |
[10:17] | do we think this photo of Richard is funny? | 理查这张照片好笑吗 |
[10:20] | We do, don’t we? | 大家都觉得好笑吧 |
[10:23] | God… | 天啊 |
[10:25] | We do! | 果然很好笑 |
[10:27] | Okay. Cool, uh, guilty as charged. Big cake lover. You got me. | 好吧 就是在下我 我就是很爱吃蛋糕 |
[10:31] | Well, I mean, I was your boss for a year, | 毕竟我在一年内都是你的老板 |
[10:33] | so you know I have some funny photos of you squirreled away, right? | 难免有几张你的搞笑照片 |
[10:36] | I didn’t know that was a thing bosses did, but, yeah, maybe. | 我不晓得老板会做这种事 随便吧 |
[10:39] | Speaking of which, did you write that? | 话说回来 这是谁写的 |
[10:44] | Ooh! Oh, my God. | 天哪 |
[10:45] | And sorted list size is greater than plus index | 排序列表大于索引 |
[10:48] | You ran a brute force search on a sorted list? | 你用暴力演算搜寻排序列表 |
[10:51] | Guys, it was my first day, and… | 那是我第一天上班 |
[10:54] | – I was nervous, and I was hurrying, so… – Really? | -我很紧张 又在赶时间 -这样啊 |
[10:56] | That’s why you decided to write the slowest subroutine in history? | 你赶时间所以写了史上最慢的子程式 |
[11:02] | Anyone could’ve made that mistake. | 任谁都会犯这种错 |
[11:04] | It’s true. In fact, I could ask for a show of hands, | 说的对 我大可要求举手表决 |
[11:07] | but instead of doing that, I’ll just… | 但我还是这么问吧 |
[11:09] | Could you have made that mistake? | 你会犯这种低级错误吗 |
[11:11] | Could you have made that mistake? | 你会犯这种低级错误吗 |
[11:12] | Could you have made that mistake? | 你会犯这种低级错误吗 |
[11:14] | – Okay. – Could you have made that mistake? | -我知道 -那你干吗犯那种错 |
[11:16] | The joke is that he’s doing a brute force search of the room. | 他在暴力搜寻会犯错的人 |
[11:19] | – Yeah, I know. – Then, why did you do it? | -我知道 -那你干吗犯那种错 |
[11:22] | Could you have made that mistake? | 你会犯这种低级错误吗 |
[11:26] | Richard, what the fuck was that? | 理查 刚才那是怎么回事 |
[11:28] | It was just… Ethan being Ethan. | 伊森就是那副鸟样子 |
[11:31] | He was acting like your boss, and you were acting like his noob employee. | 他一副老板样 你就像菜鸟 |
[11:34] | No. Everyone knows I’m the boss. | 不是 大家都知道我才是老板 |
[11:36] | I think people were just excited to, you know, razz the CEO. | 大家只是想欺负一下执行长 |
[11:39] | – lt’s all in good fun. – I did not have fun. | -好玩而已 -我不觉得好玩 |
[11:42] | I watched you get kicked in the balls for 90 minutes. | 我看着你被人欺负九十分钟 |
[11:44] | My balls hurt sympathetically for your balls. | 笑到我心里都发寒了 |
[11:46] | Take off that sweater! | 快把毛衣脱掉啦 |
[11:51] | It’s fine. | 没事 |
[11:53] | Ethan can be a little prickly, | 伊森也许是个浑球 |
[11:55] | but he is gonna get us to where we need to be. | 但他会帮公司达成目标 |
[11:58] | And I don’t mind putting my ego aside for the good of the company. | 我愿意为公司大局放下尊严 |
[12:01] | That guy humiliating you was not good for the company. | 他这样羞辱你 对公司大局一点好处都没有 |
[12:03] | He dominated you like a silverback gorilla. | 就像银背大猩猩彻底压制你 |
[12:06] | Do you know why the gorillas respected Jane Goodall? | 你知道大猩猩为何尊重珍古德博士吗 |
[12:09] | – Jane Goodall studied chimpanzees. – Wrong! | -她研究的是黑猩猩吧 -错 |
[12:12] | It’s because she could kick their ass, and they knew it. | 因为它们晓得博士能整死它们 |
[12:14] | You need to assert dominance like Jane Goodall. | 你必须要像珍古德一样重新掌权 |
[12:17] | I have something to show you. | 给你看个东西 |
[12:19] | You’re gonna need this. | 一定会派上用场 |
[12:28] | This is a video of maximizing alphaness. | 这影片的标题叫重振雄风 |
[12:36] | What else happens? | 然后呢 |
[12:38] | It’s just this, then it repeats itself. | 就这些而已 会一直重复 |
[12:41] | You just kind of breathe and subconsciously absorb it. | 保持呼吸就会进入潜意识了 |
[12:46] | Dinesh, this is the dumbest thing I’ve ever seen. | 迪内许 我没看过这么蠢的影片 |
[12:49] | Fuck. | 好耶 |
[12:59] | John. | 约翰 |
[13:01] | Yeah? | 什么事 |
[13:04] | Could you grab my extra spudger? | 麻烦帮我拿另一把撬棒来 |
[13:08] | I think it’s on my desk, | 东西在我桌上 |
[13:09] | next to my chess board. | 西洋棋盘的旁边 |
[13:12] | Okay. | 好的 |
[13:19] | Cthulu limited edition, huh? | 你这是克苏鲁限量版呢 |
[13:23] | That’s right. | 没错 |
[13:27] | Anything else? | 还要拿什么吗 |
[13:30] | Nope. | 没了 |
[13:34] | Okay. | 好 |
[13:37] | I am so glad we could do this. | 我们能像现在这样真好 |
[13:39] | Yeah. | 对啊 |
[13:41] | What are we doing, exactly? | 我们在干吗 |
[13:44] | I have had my eye on you for a while now. | 我已经观察你好一阵子了 |
[13:46] | It’s what I like to call, “Mentoring from a distance.” | 这就叫 远端精神导师 |
[13:50] | We haven’t spoken more than five words to each other | 我俩对话不超过五句 |
[13:53] | since you joined the company. | 自从你来公司后 |
[13:54] | That’s the distance part! | 这就是所谓远端呀 |
[13:56] | I-I came here to talk about advancing the careers of women, | 我想聊女性升迁的事 |
[14:00] | specifically yours. | 其实就是你升迁了 |
[14:02] | – Do you know how we just acquired Foxhole? – Of course. | -你知道我们买下散兵坑了吧 -那当然 |
[14:05] | Apparently, it’s 90% men, and almost all the female users are prostitutes. | 用户有九成是男性 女性用户几乎都在卖淫 |
[14:11] | Which makes it a very challenging assignment. | 所以这次任务很有挑战性 |
[14:14] | It’s also a big promotion and strategically important to the company. | 你大幅升迁接掌公司重大策略 |
[14:18] | And it’s yours, if you want it. | 愿意的话就交给你了 |
[14:21] | But, I mean, if you don’t think you can handle it, | 如果你觉得应付不来 |
[14:23] | I can just check in with Becky, Nadia,Dani… | 我会再问贝姬 纳迪娅或丹尼 |
[14:26] | No! | 不用 |
[14:27] | I can do it. | 我可以胜任 |
[14:30] | Awesome! For you! | 太好了 我真为你开心 |
[14:35] | Caspian’s heart cracked open ike one of his father’s briny lobster traps. | 贾思潘的心应声而开 就像他爸的龙虾笼 |
[14:40] | “Hannah,” He whispered. | 他轻声喊着 拉娜 |
[14:42] | “I am not…” | 我不是 |
[14:48] | “Hannah,” He whispered. | 他轻声喊着 拉娜 |
[14:49] | “I am not a member Of the prestigious Prout’s Neck Yacht Club. | 我不是普莱兹奈克游艇俱乐部的成员 |
[14:53] | “Truth be told, I am but a…” | 老实说 我不过是 |
[14:58] | “Truth be told, I am but a lowly man of the sea.” | “老实说 我不过是海上的独行侠” |
[15:02] | “She…” | “她..” |
[15:06] | “She was my mistress, but now, I pray | “她曾是我的情妇 但我现在祈求 |
[15:09] | that you might be as well?” | 有你当爱人” |
[15:14] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[15:18] | – Name? – Oh, I don’t want to buy your book. | -尊姓大名 -我不想买书 |
[15:20] | I’m Allie Abrams, arts editor at the Sacramento Bee. | 我是亚丽·艾布兰 《沙加缅度蜂报》副刊编辑 |
[15:22] | Do you have a minute for a quick interview? | 您有空进行简短访问吗 |
[15:26] | I’ll make the time. | 我能挪出时间 |
[15:30] | Is it on? Running? | 开始录了吗 |
[15:32] | Firstly, I work in the parlor. | 首先 我在客厅写作 |
[15:35] | I use a 1968 IBM Selectric II. | 用的是1968年产 国际商业机器精选二代打字机 |
[15:38] | In fact, the tapping of the keys | 就是敲击按键的手感 |
[15:40] | inspired the idea for Lana’s blindness. | 让我想到能把拉娜设定成盲人 |
[15:43] | The tapping of her cane, you see? | 就像盲人敲击导盲杖 |
[15:47] | I guess what I really want to know is, | 我比较想知道的是 |
[15:49] | why isn’t this book about tech? | 为何您这本书跟科技无关 |
[15:51] | I’m an author. | 因为我是作家 |
[15:52] | Would you ask John Grisham the same question, or Jackie Collins? | 你会这样问约翰·葛里逊吗 洁姬·科林斯呢 |
[15:55] | Well, no, but they weren’t the head of a failed tech company. | 不会 但他们都不是 科技界的输家老板 |
[15:58] | You think I failed. | 你觉得我失败了 |
[16:00] | I didn’t fail tech. | 我可没让科技失望 |
[16:02] | Tech failed me. | 是科技让我失望 |
[16:04] | Tech failed all of us. Look. | 科技让所有人大失所望 你看 |
[16:07] | We should be in a Waldenbooks, | 我本该在沃尔顿书店办签书会 |
[16:09] | but we’re here, in this decrepit shithole, and why? | 却跑来这鸟地方 |
[16:12] | Because people buy books online, thanks to Hool… | 就是因为大家都上网买书 多亏有呼.. |
[16:15] | Amazon. | 亚马逊 |
[16:16] | So, don’t point fingers at me. | 所以你别对我指指点点 |
[16:19] | I didn’t write about tech | 我的书跟科技无关 |
[16:20] | because tech destroys worlds, | 因为科技毁了世界 |
[16:23] | and I, I wanted to create them. | 我本人想要的是创造世界 |
[16:30] | May I have a token for the restroom, please? | 麻烦给我厕所使用币 |
[16:33] | Well, there’s not a whole lot to the story. | 其实故事不太精彩 |
[16:36] | Once you came along, | 我和苏珊觉得 |
[16:37] | Susan and I realized the timing was not right, | 你出生的时机不对 |
[16:40] | and we needed to give you up. | 只好把你送走 |
[16:41] | I appreciate how difficult that must’ve been for you guys. | 这个决定对两位一定很不容易 |
[16:46] | One of the hardest decisions we ever had to make. | 算是我们做过最艰难的决定吧 |
[16:49] | Um, thank you. | 谢谢 |
[16:51] | And I just want you to know, | 我想告诉两位 |
[16:52] | that I understand | 我能理解 |
[16:54] | and I don’t hold it against you at all. | 我对两位毫无怨言 |
[17:02] | You guys had kids after me? | 你们生我之后又有了孩子吗 |
[17:04] | – Well, one was after. – Pardon? | -在你之后的只有一个 -什么 |
[17:07] | – Pete and Lisa were before you. – Right. | -彼特和丽莎比你大 -没错 |
[17:09] | I don’t understand. You… | 我不懂 |
[17:12] | I was your third child, and, and you… you gave me up? | 我是老三 你们却抛弃我 |
[17:16] | Yeah. It just got way too difficult for us. | 没错 当时实在太辛苦了 |
[17:19] | Couldn’t go on as many flights. | 没办法常常搭机旅行 |
[17:21] | Two parents, two kids. That’s a clear row across. | 父母加两个孩子就会坐满一排 |
[17:24] | – Yeah. – 1A, B, C, and D. | -对 -每排只有四个坐位 |
[17:28] | So, you gave me up to simplify your first-class air travel? | 你们是为了头等舱划位 所以抛弃我吗 |
[17:32] | Oh. No, it’s more complicated than that. | 事情没那么单纯 |
[17:35] | Yeah, we had car travel, | 我们也会开车旅游 |
[17:37] | and taxis. | 或搭计程车 |
[17:38] | We never really did travel by train. | 从来没搭过火车就是了 |
[17:41] | No, and I don’t do boats, so… | 我个人也不爱搭船 |
[17:43] | Well, you did enjoy that trip down the Rhine. | 但你在莱茵河上玩得很开心吧 |
[17:45] | I… said I did. | 我嘴上是这么说啦 |
[17:47] | Oh, you! | 你这家伙 |
[17:49] | Anyway, when we gave you up, we realized… | 总之我们送走你后才惊觉 |
[17:52] | – we had a huge mistake. – You did? | -铸下大错了 -是吗 |
[17:54] | Yeah. We realized we actually did want a third child. | 对 我们果真想要第三个孩子 |
[17:58] | – Yep. – Started trying almost immediately, | -没错 -所以马上开始做人 |
[18:00] | and we lucked out because Donald is the best of the bunch. | 好在唐纳这孩子最棒了 |
[18:05] | Donald? | 他叫唐纳 |
[18:05] | Yeah, we love that name, so we just wanted to use it again. | 我们太爱这个名字 决定沿用 |
[18:08] | – Oh! Speak of the angels, they’re here. – They’re here. | -讲到这些天使 他们都到了 -回来了 |
[18:11] | Wait, you invited my birth siblings here? | 你们邀请手足 |
[18:15] | To meet me? | 来见我吗 |
[18:18] | – Hi, Mama. – Hey, sweetheart. | -妈 -亲爱的 |
[18:19] | This is Peter. | 这三位是彼特 |
[18:20] | This is Lisa. This is Donald. | 丽莎和唐纳 |
[18:22] | And this is, uh, Ken. He’s here to tell us | 这位是肯恩 他来跟我们解说 |
[18:25] | – about the solar situation for the house, so, uh… – Ken? | -太阳能配电 没错 -肯恩 |
[18:32] | Yeah, we offer financing. | 现在有补助 |
[18:36] | We just need one more minute, and then we can go. | 等一下就能吃饭了 |
[18:39] | – All right. – Bye. | -去吧 -再见 |
[18:44] | We never told them about you. | 我们没跟孩子们提过你的事 |
[18:46] | Didn’t wanna make them sad. | 不想让他们难过 |
[18:48] | Yeah, I see. | 我理解 |
[18:50] | Yeah. | 没错 |
[18:50] | Well! This has been really great. | 其实 跟你碰面真好 |
[18:53] | We have… | 但我们 |
[18:54] | – We have a family dinner. – We have a dinner. | -我们要全家聚餐 -共进晚餐 |
[18:56] | Every Thursday, we have Italian food, so… | 我们周四都一起吃意大利菜 |
[18:58] | Although, tonight, we’re switching it up. We’re gonna do Chinese. | 但今晚要换换口味 吃中国菜 |
[19:01] | It was one of the hardest decisions we ever had to make. | 真是我俩做过最艰难的决定 |
[19:03] | Yeah. | 对 |
[19:06] | Well, uh, Ken, we were underwhelmed by your presentation. | 肯恩 我对你的提议不感兴趣 |
[19:21] | Hey, John. | 约翰 |
[19:24] | Yeah? | 什么事 |
[19:25] | Did you move the white pawn here? | 你移动白棋了吗 |
[19:29] | Opening move? | 你开局了 |
[19:31] | No. | 我没动 |
[19:34] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[19:48] | I’m gonna go hit the head. | 我要去小便 |
[19:50] | I should be back in about two minutes. | 大概两分钟后回来 |
[19:54] | Okay. | 行 |
[20:00] | Where’s the dunce cap? | 你的笨蛋帽呢 |
[20:23] | Uh, Ethan? | 伊森 |
[20:25] | Yeah, Patches? | 怎么了 补丁哥 |
[20:28] | I was actually thinking that | 我在想 |
[20:29] | maybe we stop with the nickname. | 别再用绰号叫我了 |
[20:32] | We had our fun, | 笑都笑过了 |
[20:33] | but maybe stop all the jokes about my coding mistake | 没必要再亏我 |
[20:36] | from years ago, and also… | 好几年前的失误 |
[20:39] | stop calling me Patches. | 也别再叫我补丁哥了 |
[20:42] | Yeah. Okay. | 没问题 |
[20:43] | Butt Stuff. | 内裤哥 |
[20:45] | You remember that? | 记得吧 |
[20:46] | When you walked around all day and your | 你曾一整天 |
[20:47] | T-shirt was stuck all the way into your underwear, all day? | 上衣都扎在内裤里 整天喔 |
[20:50] | I mean, I remember it, but no too Butt Stuff. | – -我记得 但也别叫我内裤哥 |
[20:53] | – Um, just call me Richard. – Here’s the thing. | -叫我理查就好 -但是 |
[20:56] | That name makes me happy, and… | 我叫你的绰号会很开心 |
[21:00] | if you had as much managerial experience as I do, | 若你有跟我有一样多的管理经验 |
[21:03] | you’d know that keeping your star coder happy | 就会知道取悦明星工程师 |
[21:06] | is how you get the best work, and you guys need me | 绩效才能令人满意 你们需要我 |
[21:09] | to do really good work because | 拿出最佳工作表现 |
[21:10] | I’m kind of the only person here that can do it, so… | 毕竟现在只能指望我了 |
[21:14] | I’m just gonna keep calling you Patches. | 所以我要继续叫你补丁哥 |
[21:17] | Is that okay with you? Patches? | 这样行吗 补丁哥 |
[21:30] | So, it’s complicated. | 事态复杂 |
[21:31] | You were the clear aggressor in this incident, | 显然你出手打人 |
[21:34] | but you’re also the only one who got hurt. | 但也只有你受伤 |
[21:37] | You hit him in the forehead, | 他捶了对方的额头 |
[21:39] | which is the single hardest part of the human body. | 正好是人体最硬的部位 |
[21:41] | I would never advocate violence, | 我绝对不赞成暴力 |
[21:43] | but when you make a fist, | 但通常出拳时 |
[21:44] | you wanna keep your thumb on the outside. | 拇指要向外 |
[21:47] | Yeah. Uh, I know that now, but at the time, I couldn’t remember. | 对 我现在晓得 但事发当时 我就忘了 |
[21:51] | You did great, Champ, but here’s the bottom line. | 打得好 老大 但有个重点 |
[21:53] | We gotta cool our shit down with this guy | 我们得安抚这家伙 |
[21:56] | before he lawyers up and sues us a new hiney-hole. | 免得他找律师把我们告死 |
[22:00] | You need to go talk to Ethan, | 你得跟伊森谈谈 |
[22:01] | and give him a sincere and honest apology. | 真心诚意道歉 |
[22:04] | Without admitting any fault | 但千万别承认错误 |
[22:06] | or describing what happened in any way. | 也不要描述任何过程 |
[22:12] | I asked myself, why would they reject me | 我一直反问自己 为何是我被抛弃 |
[22:14] | and not their three other biological children? | 而非其他三个兄弟姐妹 |
[22:16] | And that is when it hit me. | 后来我想通了 |
[22:19] | It’s me. | 错都在我 |
[22:21] | I mean, even as a baby, | 我那时就算是婴儿 |
[22:22] | I must have somehow rejected them, | 一定也在排斥他们 |
[22:25] | and every subsequent foster family I’ve ever had. | 还有之后的每个寄养家庭 |
[22:29] | Oh. Heavy. | 好沉重 |
[22:30] | I rejected Richard, | 我拒绝了理查 |
[22:32] | and every person who has ever offered me safe harbor, | 推开所有避风港 |
[22:34] | and it has to stop. | 这样不行 |
[22:36] | I have to commit to Gwart. | 我必须效忠葛华 |
[22:38] | No matter how difficult it gets, | 不管状况多惨 |
[22:40] | even if we’re miserable together, | 共事再不愉快 |
[22:41] | I am going to support her work, and bring her food, | 我绝对会支持她工作 带食物给她吃 |
[22:45] | and put her in her prescription sleeping bag | 在她失控时 |
[22:47] | when she starts to thrash. | 送她进处方睡袋 |
[22:50] | It is the only path forward. | 我只有这条路可走 |
[22:52] | Hey, that’s the best, man. | 这句太棒了 兄弟 |
[22:53] | I feel like you made a lot of progress. | 感觉你进步了好多 |
[22:58] | Gwart’s doll gloves. | 葛华的娃娃手套 |
[23:00] | I’m gonna make her so happy. | 她一定会很开心 |
[23:04] | My book is a fucking disaster. | 我出的书完全惨败 |
[23:09] | What have you got there? | 你有什么要说 |
[23:11] | MSNBC wanted to interview you about being an | 微软全国广播网想知道 你为何成了 |
[23:14] | “Anti-tech evangelist.” Their words. | 反科技福音者 这是他们的原字 |
[23:17] | I told them you only wanted to speak about two things: | 我回复说你只想谈两件事 |
[23:20] | cold ice cream, and hot kisses. | 冰淇淋和热吻 |
[23:24] | Who, who was it? Was it Hayes or O’Donnell? | 想访问的是贺斯还是欧唐纳 |
[23:27] | Maddow, sir. | 是梅道 长官 |
[23:28] | – Really? – Yes. | -这样啊 -没错 |
[23:30] | I’m sure all the major outlets would love to have you… | 各大电视网一定都想访问你 |
[23:33] | if you discuss tech. | 前提是你讨论科技 |
[23:37] | So… | 所以 |
[23:42] | Do I honor my truth as a starving author, | 我要继续饿肚子当耿直作家 |
[23:46] | or do I return to the world I’ve scorned? | 还是要回去我嗤之以鼻的世界 |
[23:52] | What did Publisher’s Weekly say about my book? | 《出版者周刊》的书评怎么说 |
[23:55] | Publisher’s Weekly is a… terrible magazine, sir. | 《出版者周刊》的书评 很差劲 长官 |
[23:59] | Call Maddow. | 打给梅道 |
[24:00] | Yes, sir. | 收到 |
[24:02] | Bishop to E6. | 主教前进到E6 |
[24:06] | – Checkmate. – Fuck. | -将军 -可恶 |
[24:10] | Okay, so that’s… | 好 |
[24:12] | 42 games for me, and… | 我连赢了42局 |
[24:16] | zero for you. | 你一局都没赢 |
[24:19] | You wanna play again? | 还要再下一场吗 |
[24:20] | I think I’ll take a break. | 还是休息一下好了 |
[24:22] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[24:52] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[24:54] | Well, thank you so much | 好吧 感谢 |
[24:56] | for the hilarious Susan Wojcicki, the CEO of YouTube. | 苏珊·沃西基 幽默十足 身为串流平台执行长 |
[25:00] | It’s gonna be a very hard act to follow, | 演讲功力少有敌手 |
[25:01] | but here to try is Monica Hall, | 但莫妮卡·霍尔要上台挑战 |
[25:03] | the CFO of Pied Piper. Come on up, Monica. | 是魔笛手财务长 上来吧 莫妮卡 |
[25:11] | – Thank you for coming, Monica. – Thank you. | -谢谢你拨空前来 莫妮卡 -我才感谢 |
[25:13] | I was thrilled and surprised to be invited. | 受邀真是又惊又喜 |
[25:17] | So, let’s cut right to the chase. | 我们就开天窗说亮话吧 |
[25:19] | You recently acquired Hooli, | 贵公司最近收购呼利 |
[25:21] | and one of its properties is Foxhole, | 他们旗下有个”散兵坑” |
[25:23] | which is apparently an app that military members use | 军人显然会用这个程序 |
[25:26] | to source prostitutes. | 招妓 |
[25:28] | Yes, and that’s something | 没错 但我完全未曾 |
[25:29] | I’m not involved with on any level. | 参与这部分的营运 |
[25:32] | It’s being run now by a young woman | 我拔擢一位年轻女性来经手 |
[25:33] | I promoted, Priyanka Singh. | 琵艳卡·辛恩 |
[25:35] | I talked to Priyanka before this panel. | 我在会前才跟琵艳卡谈过 |
[25:38] | Priyanka, are you in this audience? | 琵艳卡 你在台下吗 |
[25:40] | – Yes, hi! – Hey, Priyanka. How you doing? | -我在 -你好 琵艳卡 |
[25:42] | Why don’t you get up and tell us about it? | 请你站起来跟大家分享吧 |
[25:45] | Well, when I first took over the app, I was… | 我接管这支程式时也 |
[25:49] | pretty lost, but, luckily, I was able to | 不知所措 所幸 |
[25:51] | call on my network of strong, female coders. | 有一群女工程师当强力后盾 |
[25:56] | And almost immediately, we came up | 我们马上想到一个点子 |
[25:59] | with a plan to rebuild Foxhole from the bottom up. | 重新建构散兵坑 |
[26:02] | Our first step will be to unionize the sex workers on the app. | 第一步是替线上性工作者建立工会 |
[26:06] | We believe that friends with benefits deserve benefits | 我们深信炮友也应享有保障 |
[26:09] | because sex work is work. | 毕竟性工作也是工作 |
[26:13] | And! And! Why is it only for men? | 而且何必只服务男性 |
[26:15] | Don’t our female soldiers, who put their bodies in harm’s way, | 女性官兵也赴汤蹈火吧 |
[26:19] | deserve to put their bodies in pleasure’s way? | 同样值得一夜春宵 |
[26:25] | I think it might be a good idea to bring Priyanka up here. | 我想该请琵艳卡到台上来 |
[26:27] | – Priyanka, why don’t you come up? – Uh, okay. | -琵艳卡 来吧 -好 |
[26:37] | So, Priyanka, | 请教琵艳卡 |
[26:38] | the business of sex positive feminism, | 这门生意以女性主义角度正面看待性爱 |
[26:40] | – how big is it? – Monica, move. | -规模多大 -走开 |
[26:41] | Like we say at Foxhole, if you can scale Tinder, | 散兵坑的同仁都说 女性主义性爱市场 |
[26:44] | you can scale sex positive feminism. | 堪比火种交友的规模 |
[26:47] | There’s a seat in back. | 后面有位子 |
[26:53] | You. | 你这家伙 |
[26:55] | Who are you? | 你是谁啊 |
[27:02] | Ethan. | 伊森 |
[27:05] | I owe you an apology. | 我得向你道歉 |
[27:07] | It’s bad enough that I used brute force | 我暴力搜寻排序列表 |
[27:10] | to search a sorted list, but to use it… | 已经很差劲 更别说 |
[27:12] | No, Richard. | 不对 理查 |
[27:14] | I’m the one that needs to apologize to you. | 我才该向你道歉 |
[27:16] | You’re my boss, | 你是我的上司 |
[27:18] | and the way that I talked to you was completely outta line. | 我跟你讲话的方式太没分寸了 |
[27:20] | I’m just feeling insecure about | 我只是有点没自信 |
[27:23] | working for a guy that used to work for me. | 因为要替之前的下属效命 |
[27:27] | – Really? – Yeah. | -是吗 -没错 |
[27:29] | I’m so happy to be here, and… | 我很高兴能留下来 |
[27:32] | I’d love to stick around if you’ll have me. | 若你愿意给我工作 我很乐意继续效命 |
[27:35] | Yeah, of course. Yeah. | 那当然没问题 |
[27:37] | Great, man. Thank you so much. | 太好了 真感谢你 |
[27:39] | Sorry again. Thank you, this is great. | 再次抱歉 谢谢你找我谈 |
[27:41] | Dinesh, I’m really looking forward to | 迪内许 很期待能和你的团队 |
[27:42] | finishing up this project with you and your team. | 一起完成这个计划 |
[27:44] | – Oh, it’s whatever, dawg. – Cool. | -那当然了 老兄 -那好 |
[27:48] | What did you do to that guy? | 你对他做了什么 |
[27:50] | – I watched that video. – See? I told you! We’re alphas! | -我看了影片 -看吧 我就说会再现雄风 |
[27:53] | – Fuck yeah! – Fuck yeah. | -帅啦 -帅啦 |
[27:55] | Hey, uh, don’t show that video to Gilfoyle. | 千万别给吉佛尔看那段影片 |
[27:57] | Got it. | 收到 |
[28:00] | Fuck yeah. | 帅啦 |
[28:19] | – I see it’s been handled. -Yes. | -看来你都处理好了 -没错 |
[28:22] | Good. | 很好 |
[28:23] | – So, I trust there’s no more need for any… – No. | -所以我应该不需要 -免了 |
[28:26] | That won’t be necessary. | 没那个必要 |
[28:28] | Let’s hope not. | 希望如此 |
[28:31] | Can I go now, please? | 请问我可以走了吗 |
[28:33] | Very well. Good job on the plate. | 可以 盘子擦得可真干净 |
[28:39] | Holden, | 霍顿 |
[28:41] | did you threaten Ethan in some way? | 你刚才是在威胁伊森吗 |
[28:45] | He was causing problems | 他在给理查 |
[28:47] | – for Richard. – Oh. | -找麻烦 -原来如此 |
[28:49] | Well, it’s good to know that he’s in good hands. | 知道有人照顾理查真是欣慰 |
[28:56] | Don’t you have somewhere to be? | 你没别的地方好去吗 |
[28:57] | Uh… sorry. Um… | 抱歉 |
[29:02] | It’s from Gwart. | 葛华传讯息来 |
[29:05] | “I’m dissolving my company and taking a job elsewhere.” | “我另有工作 要解散公司” |
[29:09] | “Your employment is terminated.” | “你被解雇了” |
[29:12] | “P.S. Those aren’t my doll’s gloves.” | “备注 那些娃娃手套不是我的” |
[29:17] | So, then I… | 那表示 |
[29:19] | I’m free to return to work with Richard. | 我能回来跟理查工作了 |
[29:24] | Your position’s been filled. | 你的职位已经有人了 |
[29:33] | No, it hasn’t. | 不对 没有人能取代我 |