时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:03] | – I’m dropping her off early. – I didn’t even say hello. | -我要提早送她回家 -我还没打招呼呢 |
[00:06] | I heard your mouth open. | 我听见你张嘴了 |
[00:07] | We’re ahead of schedule. | 我们提前回来了 |
[00:08] | How can you be ahead of schedule on a day at the aquarium? | 你们怎么能提前从水族馆回来 |
[00:10] | Well, the fish weren’t bringing it. | 那些鱼不给力啊 |
[00:13] | We’ve already seen you swim. | 我们看过你们游泳了 |
[00:15] | Do something else. | 换点花样 |
[00:17] | All right, we’re done here. | 我们看够了 |
[00:19] | Can’t you drop off Graham first? | 你就不能先把格雷厄姆送回家吗 |
[00:20] | I drop off in alphabetical order. | 我按字母顺序送 |
[00:22] | “Cooper” comes before “D’Amato.” | “C”在”D”前面 |
[00:24] | My last name is Banks. | 我姓班克斯 |
[00:26] | Well, you can’t drop off Sophie yet | 你现在不能送苏菲回来 |
[00:27] | because I… haven’t had time… | 因为我还没给 |
[00:30] | to water the plants! | 给植物浇水呢 |
[00:31] | And I can’t water the plants when Sophie’s here. | 苏菲在家的时候我不能浇水 |
[00:33] | So, figure it out! | 你想想办法 |
[00:34] | Goodbye. | 再见 |
[00:36] | I fooled him. For an hour or two. | 我耍了他 能争取一两个小时 |
[00:39] | But you should probably go. | 但你该走了 |
[00:40] | Sophie’s coming home? I’m definitely gonna go. | 苏菲要回家了 我肯定要走 |
[00:42] | I don’t like seeing clients outside of the office. | 我不喜欢在办公室外碰见客户 |
[00:44] | You call them clients? But you’re so good with kids. | 你叫他们客户 但你很擅长和孩子相处 |
[00:47] | Only when they’re sick and the power dynamic is clear. | 只有当他们生病而且不好动的时候 |
[00:49] | With a healthy kid, I don’t know what to say. | 碰上健康的孩子 我都不知道说什么 |
[00:52] | Sophie, I… | 苏菲 我 |
[00:54] | I know we haven’t known each other for that long, and | 我知道我们认识不久 |
[00:56] | please forgive me if this seems insensitive, | 如果我无礼了 请原谅 |
[01:00] | but is it hard for you to watch your dad water plants? | 看你爸给植物浇水很困难吗 |
[01:05] | No. | 不会 |
[01:05] | Next stop, your house. | 下一站 你家 |
[01:18] | Change of plans. I’m now dropping off | 改变计划 我现在要 |
[01:20] | in order of projected career earnings. | 按你们未来的工资来送你们回家 |
[01:23] | Graham, since you’re the only future white male in the car, | 格雷厄姆 你是车上唯一的白人男性 |
[01:26] | – you’ll be first. – Yes! | -就先送你了 -太好了 |
[01:27] | – Are you kidding me?! Stop! – What? | -开什么玩笑 住口 -怎么了 |
[01:30] | Sorry, everyone else. The world is an unfair place. | 抱歉了各位 世界就是这么不公平 |
[01:40] | New drama teacher already feeling his oats. | 新戏剧老师很兴奋啊 |
[01:42] | “Grease.” | 《油脂》 |
[01:43] | Can’t wait to see 7-year-olds tackle Rizzo’s pregnancy scare. | 等不及要看七岁小孩模仿里佐的怀孕恐慌了 |
[01:46] | Well, Rory will be a transcendent Danny Zuko. | 罗里演丹尼·佐库肯定没问题 |
[01:49] | Last year, when I saw him step on stage as Captain von Trapp, | 去年 我看他在台上表演冯特拉普上尉 |
[01:53] | I knew I could just sit back, relax, and enjoy the ride | 我就知道自己可以放松 好好享受了 |
[01:55] | because I was in the hands of a master. | 真是大师级的表演啊 |
[01:56] | Don’t get me started on Graham. | 格雷厄姆更不用说了 |
[01:58] | Nazi 12 and Nun 13? | 纳粹12号和修女13号 |
[02:00] | Talk about a utility player. | 他还真全能 |
[02:02] | – What was his line, again? – He had two — | -他的台词是什么来着 -他有两句 |
[02:04] | “Look!”and “Maria?” | “看” 还有”玛丽亚” |
[02:06] | Well, the girls are building sets. | 女孩们开始构建模型了 |
[02:08] | They just drew a papier-mâché Greased Lightnin’ | 她们刚刚画了一张卡纸的”极速闪电” |
[02:10] | that looks street legal. | 看上去能开 |
[02:11] | I’m afraid of my children. | 我怕我家孩子 |
[02:15] | – I hate it. – Me too. | -我讨厌这个 -我也是 |
[02:17] | Screw papier-mâché! | 去他的卡纸 |
[02:18] | We need a real car. | 我们要真车 |
[02:20] | Who has a car so crappy we can just — | 谁家有破车能让我们 |
[02:22] | Forward! I want you to go forward! | 往前 往前开 |
[02:30] | Douglas! Big boy. | 道格拉斯 老兄 |
[02:32] | Thank you with regards to my time management | 多谢你把我的时间规划考虑进去 |
[02:35] | vis-à-vis watering the plants. | 也就是给植物浇水 |
[02:38] | You guys know I’m sleeping with Dr. Dewan, huh? | 你们知道我和德万医生睡了 对吧 |
[02:40] | – Yeah. – Of course. | -是啊 -当然 |
[02:41] | What are we talking about? | 聊什么呢 |
[02:42] | Will, how was it having sex for the first time… | 威尔 五年来第一次做爱 |
[02:45] | in half…a…decade? | 是什么感觉 |
[02:48] | It’s been…dehydrating. | 我脱水了 |
[02:51] | That’s why I’ve been doing so much eye drops. | 所以我才滴了这么多眼药水 |
[02:53] | But also, it’s so fun, and I never want to stop. | 但是这太有趣了 根本停不下来 |
[02:55] | But I’m not ready to tell Sophie yet. | 但我还没准备好告诉苏菲 |
[02:57] | And I-I-I’m so bad at hiding it from her. | 我不擅长对她有所隐瞒 |
[02:59] | Yesterday freaked me out. | 昨天把我吓坏了 |
[03:01] | Yeah, well, close calls are a part of being a single parent. | 差点被抓包是单亲家长的一部分 |
[03:03] | We’ve all had ’em. | 我们都经历过 |
[03:05] | Choir practice was cancelled. | 合唱训练取消了 |
[03:06] | I know. Got your message. Be right in. | 收到你的信息了 我马上进去 |
[03:14] | And one time, I had to “E.T.” a guy. | 有一次 我不得不把一个人藏起来 |
[03:17] | Made him sit in Graham’s stuffed animal closet | 让他在格雷厄姆放动物公仔的柜子里 |
[03:18] | for two hours without moving. | 静坐了俩小时 |
[03:20] | So, there are a few techniques. | 所以还是有一些技巧的 |
[03:22] | No. There’s only one technique. | 不 只有一个技巧 |
[03:24] | Lie. | 说谎 |
[03:24] | Always lie. | 永远是说谎 |
[03:26] | We’re home, Dad! We’re home! | 爸 我们回家了 |
[03:28] | Girls, uh… | 孩子们 |
[03:29] | meet my sister Gail. | 这是我妹 盖尔 |
[03:32] | We have an Aunt Gail! | 我们有盖尔姑姑了 |
[03:34] | Oh, Aunt Gail could go all night. | 我能和盖尔姑姑玩一整晚 |
[03:36] | Lie, Will. It’s the only way. | 说谎是唯一的办法 威尔 |
[03:38] | Not for me, okay? | 我不是 好吗 |
[03:39] | Sophie and I have a very transparent relationship. | 我和苏菲的关系很透明 |
[03:41] | I’ve never lied to her, and I never will. Watch this. | 我没对她说过谎 以后也不会 看好 |
[03:43] | Sophie! Ask me a hard question. | 苏菲 问我个难题 |
[03:46] | How old will I be when you die? | 你死的时候我多大 |
[03:48] | Probably 51. | 51岁吧 |
[03:51] | Hey, Douglas, uh, your girls are measuring my car. | 道格拉斯 你孩子在量我的车 |
[03:54] | – Should I be worried? – With them, yes. | -我需要担心吗 -有她们在 需要 |
[03:57] | Always yes. | 永远需要 |
[04:02] | I’ve been cast as Vince Fontaine. | 我演文斯·方丹 |
[04:04] | – Who? – The B-list celeb | -谁 -一个二线明星 |
[04:06] | who judges high school dance contests for some reason. | 因为某种原因要来当高校舞蹈比赛的评委 |
[04:08] | I guess to supplement his income! | 可能是来挣外快吧 |
[04:10] | Well, who the hell get casted as Danny Zuko? | 那谁演丹尼·佐库 |
[04:13] | I’ve been cast as Danny Zuko! | 我要演丹尼·佐库 |
[04:16] | The lead of the musical “Grease”! | 音乐剧《油脂》的主角 |
[04:19] | I have so many lines, Mom! | 台词可多了 妈 |
[04:21] | And I have to say them! On a platform! | 我都要说出来 在台子上 |
[04:24] | In front of people! | 当着所有人的面 |
[04:25] | I think that’s called a stage, honey. | 那个叫舞台 亲爱的 |
[04:28] | All that matters is that you do your best and… | 重点是你要尽力然后 |
[04:31] | – have fun? – Fun?! | -演出开心 -开心 |
[04:32] | How can I have fun | 我怎么开心得起来 |
[04:34] | when the universe has totally biffed it?! | 整个宇宙都已经毁灭了 |
[04:37] | Thought you might be running low. | 想着这个你可能快用完了 |
[04:40] | How’s Graham? | 格雷厄姆怎么样了 |
[04:42] | I just caught him vomiting mid-hand jive. | 我刚看到他在吐呢 |
[04:44] | So, yeah, he’s a little nervous. | 他有点紧张 |
[04:45] | How’s Rory? | 罗里怎么样 |
[04:46] | He’s great, yeah. | 他挺好的 |
[04:48] | Unrelated, should we go introduce ourselves | 说句题外话 我们是不是应该 |
[04:50] | to the new drama teacher? Just to… | 向新来的戏剧老师介绍下自己 去 |
[04:52] | Just to what? Bum ourselves out? | 去干吗 被轰出去吗 |
[04:53] | Well, no, just to see what could be done | 不 就是看看能不能对这次错误的选角 |
[04:56] | about this whole casting boo-boo. | 做点什么来挽救一下 |
[04:58] | – You know, I mean, I never meddle, bu– – Poppy | -我从不管闲事 但 -波比 |
[05:01] | Have you ever met my friend…Poppy? | 你见过我朋友波比吗 |
[05:05] | Okay. Okay. I meddle occasionally. | 好吧 我有时候会管 |
[05:07] | Occasionally? | 有时候 |
[05:08] | You beat up spelling bee judges. | 你把拼字比赛的评委揍了一顿 |
[05:10] | You blackmailed the commissioner of T-Ball. | 勒索儿童棒球的委员 |
[05:13] | And I still to this day don’t know how Rory, | 到今天我都不知道罗里 |
[05:15] | as a first grader, gets to edit the yearbook. | 才一年级 怎么能编辑毕业纪念册的 |
[05:17] | He has a vision –sensations | 他有想象力 还很有感觉 |
[05:20] | Don’t tell him that’s also a condom. | 别告诉他避孕套也是这样 |
[05:22] | Okay, fine, I meddle. | 好吧 我爱管闲事 |
[05:24] | And no, Rory’s not doing great. | 对 罗里不好 |
[05:25] | – He’s a mess. – Okay, look. | -他一团糟 -好吧 |
[05:27] | What you call a casting boo-boo, | 你觉得这次选角是个错误 |
[05:29] | – I call a gross miscarriage of justice. – Right. | -我觉得这是严重的误判 -对 |
[05:32] | You don’t think I wanna meddle? | 你觉得我不想管这个闲事吗 |
[05:33] | I wanna meddle so hard, it hurts. | 我太想了 想到心痛 |
[05:36] | But I won’t. | 但我不会管 |
[05:38] | Because no matter how hard it is for me to watch, | 因为无论我看得有多难受 |
[05:40] | I’m just gonna have to accept the fact that my son, | 我都得接受我儿子 |
[05:43] | Graham… | 格雷厄姆… |
[05:44] | is going to have to carry… a school play. | 要担任校剧的主角 |
[05:47] | – Oh, God. – Okay, fine, so your answer’s no. | -天呐 -好吧 所以你不同意 |
[05:49] | Fair enough. We won’t meddle. | 行 我们不管闲事 |
[05:52] | I won’t meddle. | 我不管了 |
[05:55] | Mr. Biscuits? | 比斯奇思老师 |
[05:57] | I need to talk to you. | 我要和你谈谈 |
[05:59] | You know, Mr. Biscuits was my father. | 比斯奇思老师是我的父亲 |
[06:01] | Please, call me Dr. Biscuits. | 请叫我比斯奇思博士 |
[06:04] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[06:08] | Why was this horrifying snake earring under our couch? | 为什么沙发下面有一个可怕的蛇形耳环 |
[06:14] | Dr. Dewan left it here. | 德万医生落在这的 |
[06:16] | – Dr. Dewan was here? – Yes, she was. | -德万医生来过我家 -是的 |
[06:18] | – With you? – Yes. | -和你一起吗 -是的 |
[06:19] | Why would my doctor come to my house to see my dad? | 为什么我的医生会来我家看我爸 |
[06:24] | Oh, no. | 不妙 |
[06:25] | Am I really, really, really sick? | 我得了什么重病吗 |
[06:27] | No. No, honey. | 不是的 亲爱的 |
[06:29] | No, you are not sick. | 不是的 你没有生病 |
[06:30] | Then why was my doctor here? | 那为什么我的医生要来 |
[06:32] | Because… | 因为 |
[06:35] | you’re the opposite of sick. | 你非常健康 |
[06:37] | Why would she tell you that in person? | 为什么她要亲自来告诉你 |
[06:40] | Or at all? | 为什么要告诉你 |
[06:41] | Aren’t lots of people the opposite of sick? | 健康的人不是很多吗 |
[06:42] | Not as opposite of sick as you. | 都没你这么健康 |
[06:45] | Dr. Dewan came to our house in person | 德万医生亲自来我们家 |
[06:48] | because you are so the opposite of sick that… | 是因为你太健康了 |
[06:52] | she nominated you for an award. | 她给你提名了一个奖项 |
[06:54] | And you won! | 而且你获奖了 |
[06:55] | Sophie·Will Cooper, congratulations | 苏菲·威尔·库珀 恭喜你 |
[06:57] | You’re the winner | 你获得了 |
[06:58] | of the Healthiest Child in America Award! | 全美最健康小朋友奖 |
[07:02] | Healthiest Child In America is an award you can win? | 全美最健康小朋友 还可以得这种奖吗 |
[07:07] | Yes! | 太棒了 |
[07:08] | I’m the healthiest child in America! | 我是全美最健康的小朋友 |
[07:12] | Suck it, Gwen! | 玩蛋去吧 格温 |
[07:13] | Gwen’s a girl at school who won’t shut up about vitamins. | 格温是学校的一个女生 她开口闭口都是维生素 |
[07:15] | I know who Gwen is ’cause I’m such a good father! | 我知道格温是谁 因为我是绝世好爸爸 |
[07:24] | I got your text. Healthiest Child in America? I hate it. | 收到你的短信了 全美最健康小朋友 太扯了 |
[07:28] | But I want to tell you something. I’m proud of you. | 不过我想说 我为你骄傲 |
[07:30] | All I’ve ever wanted was to make you proud. | 我一直都想让你为我骄傲 |
[07:33] | But not for this, okay? I don’t lie to Sophie ever. | 但不是为这个 好吗 我从不对苏菲撒谎 |
[07:36] | I can’t lie, okay? I have to come clean. | 我不会撒谎 我得坦白 |
[07:37] | No, no, no, no. You never come clean. | 不 不 不 不能坦白 |
[07:38] | You double down. You double down hard. | 你要用谎言去圆谎 努力去圆 |
[07:41] | Kids, Aunt Gail called. | 孩子们 盖尔姑姑打来了 |
[07:42] | She did 23andMe, and it turns out we’re not related after all. | 她做了DNA检测 我们没有血缘关系 |
[07:46] | I’m just glad my parents aren’t alive to find out. | 还好我爸妈在世时没有发现 |
[07:49] | If they’re even my parents. | 前提他们真是我爸妈 |
[07:51] | No offense to the twins, but Sophie’s smart. | 无意冒犯你家双胞胎 但苏菲比她们聪明 |
[07:53] | She’s bought the lie for now, but she’s gonna figure it out. | 她暂时相信了 但她会发现的 |
[07:55] | Nonsense. She’s a child. Children are dumb. | 胡说 她是个孩子 孩子们都很傻 |
[07:58] | Daddy, how come the Healthiest Child in America Award | 爸爸 为什么全美最健康小朋友奖 |
[08:01] | doesn’t have a website? | 没有官方网页 |
[08:02] | – Are you sure it’s real? – What?! | -你确定真有这个奖吗 -什么 |
[08:04] | There’s no Healthiest-Child-In-America.Com? | 没有全美最健康小朋友这个网页吗 |
[08:06] | No. There’s not. | 没有 |
[08:08] | I must have, um — | 我肯定是… |
[08:09] | Forgot how to teach your daughter to use the Internet? | 忘记教你女儿怎么上网了吧 |
[08:12] | “.com” “Dot com”? | |
[08:14] | Come on, this is a clear-cut “dot gov” situation. | 拜托 这个网站肯定是.gov的后缀 |
[08:17] | The Healthiest Child in America Awards | 全美最健康小朋友奖 |
[08:19] | are funded by taxpayers. | 是纳税者资助的 |
[08:21] | Happily, I should add. | 很荣幸为你补充一下 |
[08:22] | My mistake. | 我的错 |
[08:23] | I just assumed it came from the private sector. | 我以为这是私人赞助的奖项 |
[08:26] | So, where am I accepting my award, Dad? | 那我在哪领奖 爸爸 |
[08:29] | You mean me? Just ’cause Douglas is a dad, too, so… | 你问我吗 因为道格拉斯也是个爸爸 |
[08:32] | Washington, D.C. | 华盛顿特区 |
[08:33] | The He-Chas are always | 全美最健康小朋友奖一直都是在 |
[08:34] | – in Washington, D.C. – What he said. In… | -华盛顿特区颁发的 -就在他说的地方 |
[08:37] | We’re still doing this, huh? | 还来啊 |
[08:38] | All right. I respect that. | 好吧 给你们面子 |
[08:42] | Why would you say it’s in Washington, D.C.? | 你为什么要说在华盛顿特区 |
[08:43] | It’s a national award. Where else would it be held? | 这是全国奖项 还能在哪里 |
[08:45] | – She’s onto us. – Okay, so you’re trapped in a lie. | -她怀疑我们了 -你被谎言绕进去了 |
[08:47] | You just keep on lying. | 那就继续圆谎嘛 |
[08:50] | Life’s a wild ride, huh? | 生活处处有惊喜 |
[08:51] | What if I can’t lie my way out of it? | 如果我没法圆怎么办 |
[08:53] | Sophie has learned a lot from “The Good Wife.” | 苏菲从《傲骨贤妻》里学了很多 |
[08:55] | You can. We can. | 你可以 我们可以的 |
[08:56] | Yes, she’s a smart child, | 她是个聪明的孩子 |
[08:58] | but even smart children get bored. | 但聪明的孩子也会感到无聊 |
[09:00] | All we have to do is just keep dragging out the lie | 我们只需要不停地圆谎 |
[09:02] | until she loses interest. | 直到她不感兴趣了 |
[09:04] | We’re in a war of attrition, my friend. | 这是一场拉锯战 朋友 |
[09:06] | Oh, good. I’m at war. | 太好了 我打上仗了 |
[09:08] | – With my child. – Yes. | -还是和我女儿 -没错 |
[09:12] | So, long story riveting, my porridge won. | 长话短说 我的粥赢了 |
[09:14] | And that’s how I got my honorary doctorate. | 于是我拿到了荣誉博士学位 |
[09:16] | And you are? | 你是哪位 |
[09:18] | Poppy Banks. I’m Rory’s mother. | 波比·班克斯 罗里的母亲 |
[09:19] | Yes, your son is wildly talented. | 没错 你的儿子非常有才 |
[09:21] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[09:23] | But you didn’t cast him as Danny. | 但你没让他演丹尼 |
[09:25] | Precisely. Too expected. | 没错 那太常规了 |
[09:27] | You see, Ms. Banks, theater should never be comfortable. | 班克斯太太 戏剧要永远充满挑战 |
[09:30] | Theater should never be safe…anywhere. | 戏剧无论在哪都不能墨守成规 |
[09:33] | But especially — especially — here in elementary school. | 但尤其 尤其是在小学 |
[09:37] | I couldn’t agree more. | 非常赞同 |
[09:39] | I mean, a straight-ahead, down-the-middle “Grease”? | 陈词滥调老掉牙的两段式《油脂》 |
[09:42] | Yawn. | 没创意 |
[09:43] | And that’s not the Biscuits way. | 这也不是比斯奇思的风格 |
[09:45] | Ah, you’ve read my book. | 你读了我的书 |
[09:46] | Of course. | 当然 |
[09:47] | You know what I’d do if I had my copy | 如果我手边有 |
[09:50] | o-of… | 你的书… |
[09:51] | “Daddy Never Clapped.” | 《爸爸不鼓掌》 |
[09:52] | Yes. | 没错 |
[09:53] | Oh, I would turn to chapter… | 我就会翻到第… |
[09:56] | 125. | 125章 |
[09:57] | “Sleep with Caution All You Like, But Always Marry Danger.” | “尽情与谨慎起舞 始终与危险牵手” |
[10:00] | And I’d say… | 我就会说… |
[10:03] | What about expanding the role of Vince Fontaine? | 不如多给文斯·方丹一些戏份 |
[10:08] | “Grease” as seen through the lens of Rydell High’s | 《油脂》由瑞德尔高中 |
[10:12] | first African-American celebrity dance contest judge. | 首届美国非裔明星舞蹈大赛评委的角度来演绎 |
[10:20] | What?! How the — | 什么 怎么 |
[10:23] | They’re seven! | 她们才七岁 |
[10:25] | How would you like for your car to become the Greased Lightnin’? | 你想让你的车成为”极速闪电”吗 |
[10:29] | You want my car for your play? | 你们想让我的车出现在你们的剧里 |
[10:31] | Look who came to class. | 认真听课了啊 |
[10:32] | Don’t you want a cool car? | 你不想要一辆酷酷的车吗 |
[10:34] | Sure, but look at this heap. | 当然 但这堆破铜烂铁 |
[10:36] | It’ll never be Greased Lightnin’. | 不可能变成”极速闪电”的 |
[10:37] | This car could have AC and heating. | 这车可以有冷暖空调 |
[10:41] | Zero leaking. | 不再漏油 |
[10:43] | Upholstered seating. | 软垫座椅 |
[10:46] | This car could be Greased Lightnin’? | 这车能变成”极速闪电”吗 |
[11:07] | 华盛顿嘉宾出场顺序 玛莎·瑞达茨 亨利·罗林斯 布莱斯·哈波 视频致辞 | |
[11:15] | *Yeah, I said go, Greased Lightnin’, go* | *我说走 “极速闪电” 走* |
[11:19] | *I said go, you crazy car* | *我说走 你这疯狂的车* |
[11:21] | *I said Greasy Lightning, Greasy Thunder* | *我说”极速闪电” 极速雷鸣* |
[11:26] | Why did Vince Fontaine stop the dance contest | 为什么文斯·方丹暂停了舞蹈比赛 |
[11:28] | to sing “Greased Lightnin'”? | 开始唱《极速闪电》 |
[11:29] | And who invited him to the girls’ sleepover? | 是谁请他去姑娘们家过夜的 |
[11:32] | He pierced Sandy’s ears! | 他给桑迪打耳洞了 |
[11:35] | You totally meddled! | 你真是爱管闲事 |
[11:37] | Okay, yes, I meddled, | 是的 我管了 |
[11:38] | so that Graham could have less lines. | 这样格雷厄姆的台词就能少一些了 |
[11:40] | – I thought you’d be happy. – Happy? | -我以为你会开心 -开心 |
[11:41] | Please, I’m thrilled Graham has less lines. | 格雷厄姆台词少了 我太兴奋了 |
[11:43] | But that’s me just being selfish. | 但我这样太自私了 |
[11:45] | What if it would be a good thing | 如果让格雷厄姆主演 |
[11:47] | for Graham to be a lead in the play? | 对他来说是件好事呢 |
[11:48] | What if, I don’t know, it got him out of his comfort zone? | 如果这让他跳出了舒适区呢 |
[11:51] | What if he is one of the great actors of our time? | 如果他是这个时代的伟大演员呢 |
[11:54] | Help! The grease in my hair is attracting bees! | 救命 我头发里的油脂把蜜蜂引来了 |
[11:58] | Don’t pretend that you meddled on Graham’s behalf. | 别装作你是为了格雷厄姆的好 |
[12:01] | You’ve never done it before, and he struggles all the time. | 你从未为他着想过 而且他一直都在纠结 |
[12:03] | Struggling is his brand. | 这是他的特色 |
[12:05] | You rewrote “Grease” | 你改写了《油脂》 |
[12:06] | because you couldn’t stand to see Rory struggle. | 因为你受不了让罗里纠结 |
[12:09] | I did not rewrite “Grease.” | 我没有改写《油脂》 |
[12:11] | A meddler operates in the shadows. | 搅局者都在暗中行事 |
[12:12] | All I did was ask Biscuits if he could explore the idea | 我只是问了下比斯奇思能不能 |
[12:15] | of expanding the Fontaine-i-verse! | 多给方丹一些戏份 |
[12:16] | What the hell is Biscuits?! | 饼干[比斯奇思]是个什么玩意 |
[12:18] | I the hell am Biscuits! | 那个玩意就是我 |
[12:21] | Take five, everyone! | 大家休息五分钟 |
[12:25] | Everyone but you two. | 除了你俩 |
[12:28] | So, that’s the new drama teacher? | 这是新来的戏剧老师吗 |
[12:30] | Yeah, that’s Biscuits. | 是的 那是比斯奇思 |
[12:32] | Biscuits is a person. | 原来饼干[比斯奇思]是个人 |
[12:35] | And that’s why, if we are forced to have them, | 因此 如果他们能来 |
[12:38] | the 50th Annual He-Chas | 那第五十届全美最健康小朋友奖 |
[12:39] | will be the crown jewel of the D.C. banquet season. | 将会成为华盛顿特区本宴会季最耀眼的明珠 |
[12:43] | Now, I have some broadsheets in the car. | 我车里有些海报 |
[12:44] | Where do you keep your easel? | 你把黑板架放哪了 |
[12:45] | Where don’t I keep my easel? | 哪都是 |
[12:53] | Uh, what are you doing here? | 你来干什么 |
[12:55] | You texted me to come over. | 你发信息让我来的 |
[12:57] | No, I didn’t. How could I have texted you? | 没有啊 我怎么会给你发信息呢 |
[12:59] | I don’t even know where my phone is. | 我连手机都找不到了 |
[13:01] | Your passcode is Al Roker’s birthday? | 你的密码是阿尔·罗克的生日 |
[13:03] | Pretty weak, Dad. | 弱爆了 爸爸 |
[13:05] | Dr. Dewan. Please, come in. | 德万医生 请进 |
[13:08] | There’s much to discuss. | 我们有很多事要谈 |
[13:14] | And so it begins. | 就这样开始了 |
[13:17] | Okay, I know you only like being around sick kids — | 我知道你只喜欢和生病的小孩在一起 |
[13:19] | – Clients. – So weird that you call them that, | -是客户 -你这种称呼好奇怪 |
[13:21] | but okay, fine. Your client, Sophie, my daughter, is not sick. | 但好吧 你的客户苏菲 我女儿没病 |
[13:25] | Gross. Then what am I doing here? | 显而易见 那我来干什么 |
[13:26] | I need you to help me outsmart her, okay? | 我要你帮我瞒住她 |
[13:28] | I can’t let her find out about you. | 我不能让她知道你的事 |
[13:29] | Oh, God. I told you to just tell her. | 天呐 我让你直接告诉她啊 |
[13:31] | Well, we are past that, and if she finds out I’m lying, | 晚了 如果她发现我撒了谎 |
[13:34] | I’m gonna have to spend all my time trying to regain her trust, | 要花很长时间才能重新赢得她的信任 |
[13:35] | and I will not have time to bed you. | 那我就没时间睡你了 |
[13:38] | And you know how well I do that. | 你知道我有多强 |
[13:39] | I do. Nothing has surprised me more. | 我知道 简直超乎我的想象 |
[13:42] | All right, what do you need me to do? | 你需要我做什么 |
[13:43] | Memorize this — you nominated Sophie | 记住 你提名苏菲 |
[13:45] | for The Healthiest Child in America Award, | 参选全美最健康小孩奖 |
[13:47] | and the ceremony’s in Washington, D.C.’s Ritz-Carlton. | 颁奖仪式在华盛顿特区的丽嘉酒店 |
[13:49] | The appetizers are in the lobby, | 先在大厅用开胃菜 |
[13:50] | and the banquet’s in the Crescent Room. Got it? | 然后在新月厅举行宴会 记住了吗 |
[13:52] | Got it. Just one question. | 记住了 有个问题 |
[13:54] | Is there a vegetarian option? | 有素食菜单吗 |
[13:56] | Ohh, you… | 你… |
[13:59] | I don’t know. I’ll have to check with Douglas. Come on. | 不知道 我去问问道格拉斯 走吧 |
[14:06] | You sit here, Dr. Dewan. | 你坐这儿 德万医生 |
[14:13] | Dr. Dewan, am I the healthiest child in America? | 德万医生 我是全美最健康的小孩吗 |
[14:16] | I wouldn’t have nominated you if you weren’t. Congratulations. | 如果不是的话我就不会提名你了 恭喜 |
[14:19] | You got one hell of a woman on your hands here. | 你的女人真不简单 |
[14:21] | Will I be expected to change gowns | 我需要在新月厅 |
[14:23] | between appetizers in the Crescent Room | 用完开胃菜后换衣服 |
[14:25] | and the banquet in the lobby? | 然后再到大厅参加宴会吗 |
[14:26] | Sorry, appetizers are in the lobby | 不好意思 开胃菜在大厅 |
[14:27] | and the banquet is in the Crescent Room. | 宴会在新月厅 |
[14:30] | And I’m sure that one gown will be plenty. | 我确定一套礼服就足够了 |
[14:32] | Exquisitely handled. Frankly, she’s too good for you. | 应答如流 说实话 你配不上她 |
[14:35] | Just one more question. | 还有一个问题 |
[14:36] | There’s been rumors going around | 有传言称 |
[14:37] | saying that the banquet might be rescheduled. | 宴会时间有所调整 |
[14:40] | Is that true? | 是真的吗 |
[14:41] | A-A ru– A rumor? | 传言 |
[14:44] | That’s news to me. | 我第一次听说 |
[14:45] | That’s right, Sophie. The rumors are true. | 没错 苏菲 传言是真的 |
[14:48] | The banquet is rescheduled. | 宴会改时间了 |
[14:49] | – For when? – For tonight. | -什么时候 -今晚 |
[14:52] | Oh, this is gonna be fun. | 这下有意思了 |
[14:53] | Bring it. | 来吧 |
[14:55] | When was the banquet originally scheduled for? | 宴会本来安排在什么时候 |
[14:57] | Christmas Eve. | 平安夜 |
[14:58] | Why is it being rescheduled? | 为什么改时间了 |
[14:59] | Because there’s a forecast for inclement weather. | 因为预报说有恶劣天气 |
[15:01] | But it’s an indoor banquet. | 但是宴会在室内举行 |
[15:03] | Main course indoors, dessert course outdoors. | 主菜在室内 甜点在室外 |
[15:05] | – What’s the dessert course? – Ice cream bar. | -甜点是什么 -冰淇淋砖 |
[15:07] | Outdoor ice cream in December? | 十二月在室外吃冰淇淋 |
[15:09] | Coats provided. | 提供大衣 |
[15:10] | – How late will it go? – All night long, baby. | -会持续到几点 -一整夜 宝贝 |
[15:12] | Washington, D.C., has a 24-hour, year-round, | 华盛顿特区有全年开放的24小时 |
[15:15] | outdoor ice-cream venue? | 户外冰淇淋场地吗 |
[15:16] | You heard me. | 没错 |
[15:17] | What’s it called? | 它叫什么名字 |
[15:19] | Event-Boyz Entertainment presents | 活动兄弟娱乐公司出品 |
[15:21] | Ice Cream Under The Stars | 星空下的冰淇淋 |
[15:23] | at Arlington National Cemetery. | 位于阿林顿国家公墓 |
[15:25] | Okay, you know what? Stop, stop! I can’t take it anymore. | 停 停 我受不了了 |
[15:28] | Sophie… | 苏菲 |
[15:30] | you are not the healthiest child in America. | 你不是全美最健康的小孩 |
[15:32] | Perhaps in an unofficial capacity — | 也许以非官方身份… |
[15:34] | She’s not. I mean, sure, she’s healthy, | 她不是 她当然很健康 |
[15:35] | but let’s just say I’m not in love | 但我对她的 |
[15:36] | with the ammonia levels in her urine. | 尿氨水平不太满意 |
[15:39] | Honey… | 亲爱的 |
[15:40] | Dr. Dewan and I are seeing each other. | 德万医生和我正在谈恋爱 |
[15:44] | And I lied to you about a fake banquet | 我用假宴会骗你 |
[15:48] | because I was scared to tell you the truth. | 因为我不敢对你说实话 |
[15:50] | I’m sorry. | 很抱歉 |
[15:52] | And I’m sorry that your dad suffers from a rare disorder | 很遗憾你爸患有一种罕见疾病 |
[15:55] | that makes him think real banquets are actually fake. | 让他以为真实的宴会都是假的 |
[16:00] | What’s it called? | 什么病 |
[16:03] | Hypo-banquetitis-phrenia… | 宴会-不足-精神病… |
[16:07] | Type…B. | II型 |
[16:09] | Fine! | 好吧 |
[16:10] | You win! There’s no banquet! | 你赢了 没有宴会 |
[16:14] | Places. | 就位 |
[16:15] | Mr. Biscuits, I’m not sure why — | 比斯奇思老师 为什么… |
[16:17] | Dr. Biscuits. Or else he’ll do an hour on the Porridge Fair. | 比斯奇思博士 要不他会讲一个小时的粥场 |
[16:19] | You are here because you interrupted rehearsal | 你们站上来是因为打断了排练 |
[16:22] | and you made a mockery | 而且还嘲笑 |
[16:24] | of everything the cast of “Winter Homecoming: | 《冬季返校日 文斯·方丹的 |
[16:26] | Vince Fontaine’s Grease Legacy, Part One” holds dear. | 油脂遗产上》剧组所珍视的一切 |
[16:30] | And I would like to know why. | 我想知道为什么 |
[16:33] | Fair enough. You know what? | 好吧 要不这样 |
[16:34] | We’ll hash it out at home and get back to you. | 等我们回家商量好了再告诉你 |
[16:36] | This is your home now. | 这里就是你们的家 |
[16:38] | A chapel where two friends can bridge the rift | 在这座小教堂 两位好友可以 |
[16:41] | that has grown between them. | 修补她们之间的裂痕 |
[16:43] | In the theater, we live, | 在剧院里 我们生活 |
[16:45] | we uncover, | 我们发现 |
[16:46] | and we heal. | 我们治愈 |
[16:48] | O-O-kay. I-I didn’t understand m-most of that. | 我大部分都没懂 |
[16:51] | None of us understand any of it! | 谁都不懂 |
[16:53] | And lights up on… | 打光 |
[16:57] | Oh, me? | 我吗 |
[17:02] | – I think — – Think as a smoker. | -我觉得 -像烟鬼一样思考 |
[17:07] | All right, look, speaking for myself, | 就我而言 |
[17:09] | I just wanted to s– | 我只是想 |
[17:10] | No one speaks for themselves unless they’re wounded. | 受伤的人才能就自己而言 |
[17:15] | And limp. | 瘸腿 |
[17:21] | I know I shouldn’t meddle, | 我知道我不该管闲事 |
[17:22] | but there are just so many times that I can’t protect Rory. | 但我很多时候无法保护罗里 |
[17:24] | So when I can, I do. | 所以能保护就得保护 |
[17:26] | – Can I take that again? – Yes. | -我能再来一遍吗 -可以 |
[17:27] | So when I can, I do! | 所以能保护 就得保护 |
[17:30] | Poppy, you are a terrible scene partner. | 波比 你太不会搭戏了 |
[17:32] | You’re not even looking at me. | 你都不看着我 |
[17:34] | I know you are terrified to see your kid fail, but | 我知道你很怕你的孩子失败 |
[17:38] | kids need to fail. It’s good for them. | 但孩子需要失败 这对他们有好处 |
[17:40] | And coming from someone who sees their kid fail all the time, | 我孩子天天失败 |
[17:44] | believe me, you get used to it. | 相信我 你会习惯的 |
[17:47] | Really. | 真的 |
[17:51] | And curtain. | 落幕 |
[17:52] | I can only pray that your sons can create such truth on stage. | 希望你们孩子能在台上这么真实 |
[17:56] | And that you have a loved one | 你们要是有爱人可以来 |
[17:57] | that can attend and record it for you. | 帮你们录下来就好了 |
[18:00] | Because the punishment for disrupting rehearsal | 因为中断排练的惩罚 |
[18:02] | is banishment from the theater. Forever. | 是被剧院永久驱逐 |
[18:07] | I’m joking! | 开玩笑的 |
[18:08] | Just for this play. | 只是这场 |
[18:10] | Which, by the way, is just “Grease,” after all. | 对了 这次只演《油脂》 |
[18:12] | I’m saving “Winter Homecoming: V.F.G.L. One” for summer stock, | 《冬季返校日 文斯·方丹的油脂遗产上》 |
[18:16] | where the nudity won’t be watered down. | 留到夏天 到时候裸体不会大打折扣 |
[18:21] | I’m really sorry I lied. | 很抱歉我说谎了 |
[18:23] | And I’m sorry for seeing through your lie, calling your bluff, | 我很抱歉拆穿了你的谎言 |
[18:26] | and forcing you to be honest with me. | 逼你跟我坦白 |
[18:27] | So, I guess we both made mistakes. | 看来我们俩都有错 |
[18:30] | Sophie, you know that you are | 苏菲 你知道 |
[18:31] | the most important person in the world to me, right? | 你是世界上对我最重要的人吧 |
[18:34] | And I was just scared that if I started dating someone, | 我很怕我谈恋爱以后 |
[18:37] | you might worry that that’s not true anymore. | 你就会担心你不是了 |
[18:39] | I get it. | 我明白 |
[18:40] | Mom’s far away, and it’s been just you and me for — | 妈妈离得很远 一直都是你和我 |
[18:43] | That’s all I needed to hear. I’ll never date again. | 这就够了 我不会谈恋爱了 |
[18:44] | No, no. I want you to. | 不 我想让你谈 |
[18:46] | It’ll be weird sharing you with someone, | 和别人分享你会很奇怪 |
[18:48] | but also maybe good? | 但说不定也是好事 |
[18:51] | You can be a lot, Dad. | 你有时候很让人受不了 爸爸 |
[18:52] | Imagine what it’s like being me. | 那你站在我的角度想想 |
[18:54] | At least you get a break. | 起码你能休息一下 |
[18:55] | Listen, I won’t always tell you everything | 如果我觉得是为你好 |
[18:57] | if I think it’s for your own good, | 我就不会说出来 |
[18:58] | but I promise you, I will never lie to you. | 但我答应你 我不会再对你说谎了 |
[19:01] | And if you ever have any questions, I’m always here. | 如果你有问题 就直接问 |
[19:05] | Have you and Dr. Dewan held hands? | 你和德万医生牵过手了吗 |
[19:07] | Oh, we’re doing questions now. Okay, great. | 直接就开问啊 好吧 |
[19:09] | Yes, we’ve held hands. | 牵了 |
[19:11] | Does it sometimes feel like you’re from Mars | 你有时候感觉自己来自火星 |
[19:12] | – and she’s from Venus? – Constantly. | -她来自金星吗 -经常啊 |
[19:14] | What were you guys doing that mashed her earring | 她耳环掉到地毯上的时候 |
[19:16] | so far into the carpet? | 你们在干什么呢 |
[19:17] | And we’ve already arrived at something | 我不能说了 |
[19:19] | I won’t tell you for your own good. | 这是为你好 |
[19:20] | – Sorry. – Don’t be. | -抱歉 -不用道歉 |
[19:21] | When it’s for your own good, I don’t tell you everything. | 有时候为你好 我也不会说的 |
[19:23] | Great. I’m glad about that. | 好啊 这就对了 |
[19:25] | That’s totally healthy. | 非常健康 |
[19:38] | This is boring. | 太无聊了 |
[19:41] | Okay, so, I just saw this play | 我刚看了所有角色 |
[19:42] | performed with all the characters. | 都参演的戏 |
[19:44] | Now we’re gonna watch it again with just two characters? Why? | 现在还要看只有两个角色的演一遍 |
[19:47] | Because Angie and I were banned from the official premiere. | 因为他们不让安吉和我观看首次正式公演 |
[19:49] | But not the unauthorized, two-man encore, | 但不是非正式 二人重演的 |
[19:52] | which leaves 15 roles uncast. | 剩下15个角色没了 |
[19:54] | So could be some dead spots. | 可能会有些遗憾 |
[19:55] | There won’t be any. ‘Cause my car steals every scene. | 不会的 因为我的车会抢走所有的眼球 |
[20:00] | Here she comes. | 她来了 |
[20:09] | Hey, you guys, what’s shakin’? | 大家好啊 |
[20:13] | Well, I spent most of my time down at the beach. | 我大部分时间都在海滩 |
[20:17] | Is that all you ever think about, Sonny? | 你就想这个吗 宝贝 |
[20:22] | I’m lost. | 我没看懂 |
[20:23] | Has Danny gone crazy? | 丹尼疯了吗 |
[20:25] | Dude, I’m watching the same play you are. | 我和你看的是一部戏 |
[20:32] | So, you got the word, huh? Ease off, Kenickie. | 你也听到了 淡定 肯尼基 |
[20:36] | Stop it! | 住手 |
[20:38] | I’m sorry you had to see me lose | 很抱歉 让你看到我 |
[20:39] | my greatest parenting gift like that. | 失去最厉害的育儿天赋 |
[20:41] | I’m certain your ability to lie to children | 你骗孩子的能力 |
[20:43] | will come back eventually. | 肯定会回来的 |
[20:45] | Yeah, but what if — | 但要是 |
[20:46] | what if it doesn’t? | 要是回不来了呢 |
[20:49] | Oh, Sandy, | 桑迪 |
[20:50] | you’re something else. | 你太棒了 |
[20:58] | So, what did everyone think? | 大家觉得如何 |
[21:05] | It was the finest play that any of us have ever seen. | 这是我们看过的最好的表演了 |
[21:08] | – Good job, guys. – So good. | -太棒了 -非常棒 |
[21:09] | And we’d like to see it again right now. | 我们想再看一遍 |
[21:12] | What? I lie, and then I double down. | 干吗 撒了谎就要圆谎 |
[21:14] | I’ve made that very clear. | 我说得很清楚 |
[21:16] | Come on! | 拜托 |
[21:17] | Hey, you guys, what’s shakin’? | 大家好啊 |
[21:19] | Well, I spent most of my time down at the beach. | 我大部分时间都在海滩 |