时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:01] | It is time for the Eighth Annual | 今天是苏菲·内罗比·库珀 |
[00:04] | Sophie Nairobi Cooper “Explosion of Riddles” | 诞辰八周年的”谜语大爆炸” |
[00:07] | Birthday Scavenger Hunt! | 生日寻宝之旅 |
[00:14] | Did you just double-blindfold me | 你是给我蒙了两层眼 |
[00:16] | – to walk me from my room to here? – Correct. | -带我从房间走到这吗 -对 |
[00:19] | I already told you what I wanted for my birthday this year. | 我已经说了今年过生日想要什么 |
[00:21] | Wrong. You’re not getting your ears pierced until you’re 11. | 错 不到11岁不能打耳洞 |
[00:24] | If I can’t get my ears pierced, | 如果不能打耳洞 |
[00:25] | I’d love a non-babyish birthday… | 我想过一个不幼稚的生日 |
[00:27] | …like maybe an intimate luncheon with friends, | 比如跟朋友们一起参加死党午宴 |
[00:30] | like Sir Bridger and Lady Agnes’ Boxing Day party. | 比如布里杰爵士和艾格妮丝夫人的节礼日派对 |
[00:33] | I’ve been trying to get through this “Sir Bridger” Series | 我好几个月前就想 |
[00:36] | for, like, months now, ’cause there’s 40 seasons, | 看完《布里杰爵士》了 因为一共有40季 |
[00:38] | and every season is three episodes, | 每季3集 |
[00:40] | and every episode’s four hours long. | 每集有4小时长 |
[00:41] | And the only way to see it is to donate $300 to PBS. | 但只有给公共电视网捐300块才能观看 |
[00:44] | Well, I promise you will get the old British lady birthday party | 我答应你 等你破解了这条线索后 |
[00:47] | of your dreams after you solve…this clue. | 就让你办英国老太太式生日派对 |
[00:52] | “It’s your birthday and the fun won’t stop. | “今天是你生日 乐趣享不停 |
[00:54] | To get the next clue, you must…pop!” | 想得到下一条线索 你必须得爆炸” |
[01:03] | Diversion, or a clue? | 转移视线 还是线索 |
[01:06] | Uh, not part of the hunt. | 跟寻宝没关 |
[01:09] | – Mom?! – Happy birthday, baby! | -妈妈 -生日快乐 宝贝 |
[01:12] | Best scavenger hunt ever! | 史上最棒的寻宝游戏 |
[01:16] | Not part of the hunt. | 跟寻宝无关 |
[01:25] | She’s here. | 她来了 |
[01:26] | She’s here! She’s here! She’s here! | 她来了 她来了 她来了 |
[01:29] | Is that — Oh, my God. It’s happening. | 天呐 来了 |
[01:31] | We’re meeting Will’s ex-wife. | 我们要见威尔的前妻了 |
[01:32] | – Oh, my God. – Impressive. | -天呐 -真行啊 |
[01:33] | It’s Big Ol’ Sophie! | 这就是大版的苏菲 |
[01:34] | Do I call her “Mrs. Cooper” or “Mom”? | 我是称她为”库珀太太” 还是”妈妈” |
[01:37] | Hey, guys, this is my — this — Sophie’s mom, Mia. | 大家好 这位是我的 苏菲的妈妈 米娅 |
[01:40] | Hello. It’s so wonderful to meet all of you. | 你们好 见到你们真是太好了 |
[01:43] | I’ve heard so much about you from Sophie. | 苏菲跟我说了很多你们的事 |
[01:45] | You must be Douglas. What a wonderful face. | 你一定就是道格拉斯了 长得真帅 |
[01:49] | And Miggy — so wise beneath that hat. | 还有米基 帽下藏着多么智慧的头脑 |
[01:52] | Poppy, I feel very close to you. | 波比 我觉得我跟你很亲 |
[01:55] | And, Angie, wow, | 还有安吉 |
[01:57] | I pictured you taller, but, you know, | 想象中你会高一些 但是 |
[01:58] | I feel so connected to all of you, | 我觉得跟你们大家非常投缘 |
[02:01] | and I hope that you’ll feel connected to me, too. | 希望你们对我也有这样的感觉 |
[02:03] | This world can be such a hard place, | 这个世界本已如此艰难 |
[02:05] | which is why it’s so important | 所以大家要寻找爱 |
[02:07] | that we seek out love and hold onto it when we find it. | 坚守爱 这一点非常重要 |
[02:11] | Don’t you think? | 你们不觉得吗 |
[02:16] | Never leave us. | 永远不要离开我们 |
[02:19] | You know, this has been fun, but you should probably | 聊得很愉快 但你应该 |
[02:20] | – get into Sophie’s classroom before she — – Okay. | -在苏菲放学前到她教室去 -好的 |
[02:21] | Oh, you know what? I have gifts for all of you. | 知道吗 我给大家带了礼物 |
[02:23] | After I won a case restricting slash-and-burn agriculture | 我在加纳赢了一起限制刀耕火种农业的案子 |
[02:27] | in Ghana, I was thanked with these sculptures. | 客户送了我这些雕像作为答谢 |
[02:30] | I started thinking of these little guys as my companions. | 我把这些小人视为自己的同伴 |
[02:34] | I now give my old friends to my new friends. | 现在我把我的老朋友赠予我的新朋友们 |
[02:38] | – I feel like I’m crying. – Get a hold of yourself. | -我快哭了 -克制 |
[02:40] | You know, I should go check out Sophie’s classroom. | 我要去看看苏菲的教室了 |
[02:42] | I just said that. | 我刚说了 |
[02:43] | It’ll be so nice to see one | 能去看不用自己建的教室 |
[02:45] | that I didn’t have to build by hand. | 真是太美好了 |
[02:47] | It’s a good classroom. | 教室挺不错的 |
[02:48] | You’ll enjoy it. Sophie will love having you in there. | 你会喜欢的 苏菲会很高兴的 |
[02:51] | Okay, so your ex-wife is, like, a really good person. | 你前妻看上去人真的很不错 |
[02:53] | – Yeah, she’s incredible. – She’s better than Ariana Grande. | -对 她非常好 -她比A妹还要赞 |
[02:56] | – Solid seven. – I know. She’s unbelievable. | -7分没问题 -嗯 她太棒了 |
[02:58] | And she’s driving me crazy. | 她要把我逼疯了 |
[03:00] | Co-parenting. | 共同抚养孩子 |
[03:01] | Two people trying to walk the same dog with one leash. | 两人试图牵一根狗绳遛狗 |
[03:04] | And I’m sorry for calling your daughter a dog in that metaphor, | 很抱歉我这样形容你的女儿 |
[03:05] | – but you get it. – I forgive you. | -但你懂的 -原谅你了 |
[03:06] | You know what you need? Girls’ night at Angie’s. | 知道你需要什么吗 安吉家的闺蜜之夜 |
[03:09] | – Right, Poppy? – Oh, yeah. | -对吗 波比 -太对了 |
[03:10] | When I was in the thick of it with Ron, | 我和罗恩吵得不可开交的时候 |
[03:11] | Angie threw a girls’ night that saved my life. | 安吉办了一个闺蜜之夜 拯救了我 |
[03:13] | You know, I’m always curious to know | 我一直都很好奇 |
[03:14] | what goes on during these “Girls’ nights.” | “闺蜜之夜”会发生什么 |
[03:16] | What do you do, like, eat yogurt and tickle each other? | 你们都做些什么 吃酸奶 互相挠痒痒吗 |
[03:19] | Yeah, that’s exactly what we do. | 对 我们就是这么做的 |
[03:19] | Yeah. That’s right. | 没错 |
[03:21] | Come on, man. | 说来听听嘛 |
[03:22] | So, your mom’s in town? | 你妈妈来了 |
[03:23] | – How are you holding up? – Great. | -你还好吗 -很好 |
[03:25] | – I love when she’s here. – Okay. | -我很喜欢她来 -好吧 |
[03:27] | Well, if you need any advice about how to handle | 如果你需要如何应对 |
[03:29] | the two-parent struggle, let me know. | 父母吵架的建议 就来问我 |
[03:30] | I get so full from back-to-back Thanksgivings | 感恩节我跟爸妈分别过了一次 |
[03:32] | that I’ve been driven to drawstring pants. | 吃太撑只能穿束带裤了 |
[03:34] | It’s not like I want my parents to get back together or anything. | 我并不希望我父母能和好 |
[03:37] | I don’t even have any memories of them being together. | 我连他们在一起是什么样都记不得了 |
[03:40] | For real? Not even one? | 真的吗 一点也不记得了吗 |
[03:42] | Actually, I remember once when we went to a pizza place | 事实上 我记得有次我们去一家披萨店 |
[03:46] | and we some took photos in one of those old-timey photo booths. | 用以前那种大头贴机照了些照片 |
[03:50] | It was so fun. | 特别有意思 |
[03:51] | Did you know that photos could be on paper? | 你知道纸上也能印照片吗 |
[03:54] | – What? – It’s insane. | -什么 -很不可思议 |
[03:58] | Dropping off. | 放下 |
[03:58] | Emma and Amy are in your front yard | 艾玛和艾米在你的前院 |
[04:00] | throwing rocks at each other. | 朝彼此扔石头呢 |
[04:02] | Have a nice time. | 祝你玩得开心 |
[04:03] | Wait a second. Is this what I think it is? | 等下 我没想错吧 |
[04:06] | Yep, I’m giving away my stuff. | 对 我要送走我的东西 |
[04:07] | Yeah. Sophie’s mom did a real number on him. | 苏菲的妈妈对他影响很大 |
[04:10] | She’s doing so much for the world. | 她为这个世界做了这么多 |
[04:12] | And what am I doing? | 我做了什么呢 |
[04:13] | Actually, I did make a sequel to my music video | 其实呢 我给自己的音乐视频做了续集 |
[04:15] | and it came out pretty dope. | 效果非常不错 |
[04:17] | “Mystery Señorita: Sexy Christmas.” | 《神秘小姐:性感圣诞》 |
[04:21] | I held a boom for nine hours. | 我举了九个小时的采音话筒呢 |
[04:22] | Listen. I have a policy that’s served me well — | 我有条对我很管用的准则 |
[04:25] | never give away anything unless you’re getting something back. | 没有回报 就不要付出 |
[04:28] | The only reason I clothe and feed Emma and Amy | 我让艾米和艾玛吃饱穿暖的唯一原因 |
[04:31] | is so they’ll put me in a home with a decent pool. | 是因为她们以后会让我住带泳池的房子 |
[04:34] | – The man didn’t get where he is by giving bad advice. – Word. | -出馊主意的人可没有好下场哦 -没错 |
[04:37] | Nobody likes a kiss ass. | 没人喜欢马屁精 |
[04:39] | Not in the head, Amy! | 别打头 艾米 |
[04:41] | I still can’t shake this feeling, G. | 我还没回过神来 G |
[04:42] | I have more stuff than I need. | 我有很多不需要的东西 |
[04:44] | Yeah. You’re just one guy. | 是啊 你只有一个人 |
[04:46] | And that’s a buttload of orange soda. | 那里有好多的橘子汽水 |
[04:49] | You’re right. The soda goes in the box! | 你说得对 把汽水也装进箱子吧 |
[04:56] | Dude, that felt good. Try it. | 伙计 感觉真不错 你也试试 |
[04:58] | Okay, pencil case. | 好吧 铅笔盒 |
[04:59] | Our time together has come to an end. | 我们的时光到此结束了 |
[05:05] | – Giving feels good! – Yeah. | -付出的感觉真棒 -是啊 |
[05:07] | It’s like putting on socks that just came out of the dryer. | 感觉就像穿上刚从烘干机里取出的袜子 |
[05:10] | Hella toasty. Let’s go even harder. | 很爽吧 我们再进一步 |
[05:12] | Let’s give away stuff we really care about. | 送出我们真正在乎的东西 |
[05:14] | I’m gonna give Mr. Roar to Sophie for her birthday. | 我要把吼吼先生送给苏菲当生日礼物 |
[05:17] | Okay. I see your Mr. Roar, | 好吧 你送了吼吼先生 |
[05:20] | and I raise you my most prized possession. | 我向你展示我最珍贵的东西 |
[05:23] | My Nike Air Max 90 Corks. | 我的耐克Air Max 90软木塞 |
[05:25] | I love these so much, I got adult baptized in them. | 我爱死这双鞋了 我还给它们洗礼呢 |
[05:28] | But they’re going in! | 但我也要把它们送出去 |
[05:29] | – We’re really good people! – We really are! | -我们真是大好人啊 -真的是呢 |
[05:32] | Let’s go donate them now before we change our minds. | 在我们改变主意之前 赶紧送出去 |
[05:34] | – I’m gonna go put on some less dope shoes. – Excellent idea. | -我去穿一双不那么酷的鞋 -好主意 |
[05:37] | Charity. | 慈善事业 |
[05:39] | – Well, that’s done. – Yep. | -好了 完事了 -是的 |
[05:44] | The joy of giving lasted five seconds! | 付出的快乐只持续了五秒 |
[05:47] | What have we done?! | 我们都干了什么啊 |
[05:50] | Hey, Mom said I could open a present a day early. | 妈妈说我可以提前一天拆礼物 |
[05:54] | – No way. – What’s wrong? Is the knife too big? | -不行 -怎么了 这把刀太大了吗 |
[05:57] | I’m sorry, it’s just, I’ve seen a 2-year-old | 抱歉 我见过一个两岁的孩子 |
[05:59] | – use a bigger one than that. – Oh, uh, Sophie, I just remembered. | -用比这把大的刀 -苏菲 我刚想到 |
[06:02] | I think there’s a bonus birthday clue in the kitchen. | 厨房里有一条额外的生日线索 |
[06:05] | Why don’t you go try to find it, okay? | 你去找找看 好吗 |
[06:07] | I’ll fall for that, but only because I love you. | 这话我信了 但只是因为我爱你 |
[06:13] | Hey, look, I’m glad | 我很高兴 |
[06:14] | that you and Sophie are getting all this time together, | 你和苏菲花了这么多时间在一起 |
[06:16] | but I have rules for a reason. | 但我制定规矩是有原因的 |
[06:18] | What is the reason? | 什么原因 |
[06:19] | Without rules, social order falls into chaos. | 没有规矩 社会秩序会陷入混乱 |
[06:22] | You used to be, like, a lot more fun. | 你以前可有趣多了 |
[06:24] | I mean, what happened to the guy | 那个带我去俄克拉荷马公路旅行 |
[06:27] | who took me on a road trip to Oklahoma | 让我”品尝龙卷风大雨”的 |
[06:29] | so that I could “Taste tornado rain”? | 那个家伙去哪了 |
[06:32] | Not many people can say they’ve had… | 可没有多少人能吹嘘 |
[06:34] | danger on their tongue. | 他们品尝过危险啊 |
[06:38] | What is that? | 这是什么 |
[06:39] | You know you’re having birthday cake tomorrow. | 你知道你明天才能吃生日蛋糕 |
[06:41] | – Mom said I could. – Okay. Well. FYI — | -妈妈说我能吃 -好吧 告诉你 |
[06:44] | Sophie has crazy reactions when she has too much sugar. | 苏菲糖吃多了就兴奋 |
[06:47] | I won’t even tell you what happened at Halloween 2015, | 我都不想告诉你2015年万圣节发生什么了 |
[06:50] | but let’s just say we are not invited back to that corn maze. | 我们都不能再去玉米迷宫了 |
[06:52] | There’s a shortcut if you just run straight through the corn. | 直接穿过玉米墙就能出来了 |
[06:54] | I think we should let her have it. | 让她吃吧 |
[06:56] | If a child in one of the most developed nations in the world | 一个身处于世界上最发达国家的孩子 |
[06:59] | has a little extra ice cream, it’s probably okay. | 多吃了一点冰激凌应该没事的 |
[07:02] | – Right, Sophie-Bear? – Right. | -对吧 苏菲小熊熊 -对 |
[07:04] | Good call on putting an extra layer | 在底下再放一层软糖 |
[07:06] | of gummy worms on the bottom. | 这主意真不错 |
[07:07] | So sour! So wormy! | 好酸哦 好多软糖哦 |
[07:14] | I need a Girl’s Night. | 我要参加闺蜜之夜 |
[07:16] | Get in here, bitch. | 进来吧 小婊砸 |
[07:19] | Welcome to girls’ night! | 欢迎来到闺蜜之夜 |
[07:21] | – This is girls’ night? – It is now. | -这就是闺蜜之夜 -现在是了 |
[07:23] | You can take the tape off when — | 你可以把胶布撕下来 |
[07:25] | Angie, you don’t have to explain Edward 40-Hands to me. | 安吉 你不需要向我解释”啤酒手爱德华” |
[07:28] | I went to college in South Florida. | 我是在南佛罗里达上的大学 |
[07:30] | Poppy, I’m a little shocked that this is your scene. | 波比 你居然喜欢这个 |
[07:31] | Hey, this is how D’Amato likes it. | D·阿玛托就喜欢这样 |
[07:34] | So, Mia’s driving you crazy, huh? | 米娅快让你抓狂了 是吗 |
[07:36] | Oh, yeah, why did you two split up, anyway? | 你俩到底为什么分手的 |
[07:38] | Was it your affinity for Dave Matthews? | 是不是因为你太喜欢大卫·马修斯了 |
[07:40] | Ooh, I bet you’re really annoying on vacation, huh? | 你假期的时候肯定很烦人 |
[07:42] | No. No, it’s just, we’ve changed, you know? | 不 我们都变了 |
[07:46] | When Mia and I first got together, | 我和米娅刚开始在一起时 |
[07:47] | we were always on the go, and then when we had Sophie, | 我们总是忙东忙西的 有了苏菲之后 |
[07:50] | I wanted to put down roots and Mia did not. | 我想稳定下来 米娅却不这么想 |
[07:52] | She hung around for a couple years, | 她坚持了几年 |
[07:54] | but I-I could see the life-force in her draining. | 但我能看出她的生命力正在枯竭 |
[07:57] | Like a fly on the second day. | 就像短命的苍蝇一样 |
[07:59] | Okay, is that true? I guess I don’t know that much about flies. | 是吗 看来我对苍蝇没多少了解 |
[08:01] | – Girls’ night. – Mia was miserable. | -闺蜜之夜 -米娅很痛苦 |
[08:04] | We would fight nonstop, and then we split. | 我们吵个不停 然后分开 |
[08:06] | And now every time I see her face, all I want to do is yell, | 现在我每次见到她 我只想对着她吼 |
[08:09] | “Give me back my 20s!” | “把我的20岁青春还来” |
[08:11] | Okay, here’s the deal. | 这样吧 |
[08:13] | You have to take all the emotion | 你要把自己的感情 |
[08:15] | out of your interactions with Mia. | 从你和米娅的互动中抽离出来 |
[08:16] | The two of you are now running a business — | 你们两个在共同经营一家公司 |
[08:19] | Sophie, Incorporated. | 苏菲公司 |
[08:20] | But how am I supposed to take emotion out of a relationship | 但我该如何从一段有很多历史的关系中 |
[08:23] | where I have so much history? | 抽离出自己的感情呢 |
[08:24] | I mean, I saw Sophie come out of her body. | 我亲眼看着她生下苏菲 |
[08:26] | And we’re gonna circle back to that. | 等会再说这个 |
[08:27] | Look, from now on, | 从现在开始 |
[08:29] | you are going to only deal with Mia on Sophie-related business. | 你只和米娅谈与苏菲有关的事 |
[08:33] | And when you do, you are going to be cool, professional. | 而且你要表现得镇定而专业 |
[08:36] | Like Customer Service. | 就像客服一样 |
[08:37] | “Yes, ma’am. Just a moment. | “你好 女士 请稍等 |
[08:39] | Please hold while I dial that extension. | 正在为您转接 请不要挂机 |
[08:41] | Para español, número dos.” | 西班牙语 请按二” |
[08:43] | And then all that crazy stuff that you want to say to Mia, | 至于你想对米娅说的那些抱怨 |
[08:46] | say to me instead. C’mon, let’s try it. | 就对我说吧 来吧 试试 |
[08:49] | – You want me to yell at you like you’re Mia. – Yes! | -你想让我把你当成米娅 -没错 |
[08:52] | It worked wonders for Poppy | 对波比很管用 |
[08:53] | when she was going through ex hell with Ron. Right, Pops? | 她和前任罗恩闹矛盾的时候试过 对吧波比 |
[08:55] | She does a shockingly good Ron impression. | 她模仿罗恩简直惊为天人 |
[08:57] | Sometimes I call her just to hear him apologize. | 我想听他道歉的时候就会打给她 |
[08:59] | Okay, um, sure. | 好吧 |
[09:02] | – Lead me in. – I’m Mia. | -开个头吧 -我是米娅 |
[09:04] | I’m a really good person! | 我是个大好人 |
[09:06] | I’m like if Gwyneth Paltrow had a baby with Gwyneth Paltrow! | 我就像格温妮丝·帕特洛和自己生的孩子 |
[09:09] | Hummus! | 鹰嘴豆泥 |
[09:11] | You need to respect my parenting choices. | 你应该尊重我的教育方式 |
[09:14] | – I lead a tight ship for a reason. – More. More. | -我严格是有原因的 -继续 |
[09:17] | I love-hate you so hard. | 我对你又爱又恨 |
[09:19] | And I have a fantasy of you tripping | 我还在幻想你 |
[09:20] | in front of a large group of people | 在一大群人面前绊倒 |
[09:22] | and all of them pointing and laughing at you. | 然后他们都指着你笑 |
[09:24] | Oh, you go deep fast. | 这么快就进入角色了 |
[09:36] | – Oh, my gosh! – I know that look. | -天呐 -我知道这种表情 |
[09:38] | You two dummies did something good, didn’t you? | 你们两个白痴干了什么好事 |
[09:40] | You gotta help us get our stuff back, man. | 你一定要帮我们把东西拿回来 |
[09:42] | You’re, like, the closest thing we have to Liam Neeson. | 你是我们认识的最接近连姆·尼森的人 |
[09:45] | Okay, I’m not gonna come to your rescue, | 我不会帮你们的 |
[09:46] | but what I am gonna do is teach you a life lesson here, | 但我要给你们一个人生忠告 |
[09:49] | since, emotionally, you’re both 7 years old. | 因为你们俩的心理年龄都是七岁 |
[09:52] | – Great burn. – Bro! | -讽刺得好 -兄弟 |
[09:54] | Ask for your things back. | 去把东西要回来 |
[09:56] | Don’t take no for an answer. Remember — | 不要接受对方的拒绝 记住 |
[09:58] | you did something nice, but it was a stupid accident. | 你们的出发点很好 但这是愚蠢的意外 |
[10:02] | Isn’t asking for something back against the rules? | 把东西要回来不是违反规则的吗 |
[10:05] | You make the rules, you understand? | 规则是自己定的 明白吗 |
[10:10] | Oh, so you’re Sophie’s friend that’s not us. | 除了我们之外 苏菲还有你这个朋友 |
[10:14] | You look like a book person. | 你看起来很喜欢读书 |
[10:16] | Here you go, Sophie-Bear. | 给你 苏菲小熊熊 |
[10:17] | Ooooh, Clotted Creamos! My fave! | 浓缩奶油糖 我的最爱 |
[10:20] | Mom let me go all out in a UK import store. | 妈妈让我在英国进口商店随便挑 |
[10:23] | Whoa, candy before the first course? | 还没上菜就吃糖 |
[10:26] | All aboard the two-parent struggle bus. | 双亲斗争大巴即将出发 |
[10:30] | Listen, if you need my help, just — | 如果你需要我帮忙 就… |
[10:32] | I’m fine! Everything’s fine! | 我很好 一切都很好 |
[10:36] | – You already put the candy out? – Oh, I’m so sorry. | -你现在就把糖端上去了 -抱歉 |
[10:39] | I just — I don’t really believe in courses. | 我只是…我不太讲究上菜顺序 |
[10:41] | I think food should be served when you have it. | 我觉得应该有什么就上什么 |
[10:43] | Thank you for your feedback, ma’am. | 感谢您的反馈 女士 |
[10:45] | – What? – I’ll be in touch. | -什么 -我稍后回复 |
[10:47] | Please hold. | 请不要挂机 |
[10:48] | Oh, hand me one of those. | 给我一个那个 |
[10:52] | I need to talk to Mia. | 我要和米娅说话 |
[10:53] | – Weren’t you just — – The you-version, | -你刚刚不是… -和你扮演的那个 |
[10:55] | – not the real one. – Oh, yeah! | -不是真人 -对了 |
[10:57] | Okay, go ahead. | 来吧 |
[10:59] | “Hi, I’m Mia, and I definitely voted for Jill Stein.” | “我是米娅 我当然给吉尔·斯坦投票了” |
[11:02] | Mia, the last time you were in town, | 米娅 上次你来的时候 |
[11:03] | you told Sophie that her bedtime depended on “Circadian rhythms” | 你告诉苏菲睡觉时间取决于”昼夜节律” |
[11:06] | before you bolted to Cuba to represent artist protestors. | 然后你就跑到古巴给抗议艺术家做代理人了 |
[11:09] | But do you know who really deserves the protest? | 但你知道谁才应该受到抗议吗 |
[11:11] | It’s you, Mia. It’s you. | 是你 米娅 是你 |
[11:14] | Damn, Will. | 妈呀 威尔 |
[11:16] | Oh, I am not done. Another thing… | 我还没说完 另外… |
[11:17] | So, um…about Mr. Roar… hoo boy… | 关于吼吼先生 天呐… |
[11:21] | Why does my mouth taste like pennies? | 为什么我嘴里有一股硬币的味道 |
[11:23] | Aw, geez…so… | 妈呀…那个… |
[11:25] | Spit it out, Graham. | 说吧 格雷厄姆 |
[11:26] | I need him back! | 我想把他要回来 |
[11:27] | I’m so sorry. | 非常抱歉 |
[11:29] | I’ll give you something else. | 我再送你一个别的礼物 |
[11:31] | Can I interest you in a thousand hugs? | 你觉得一千个拥抱怎么样 |
[11:34] | No need. Here. | 不用了 给 |
[11:35] | Not the manners I was hoping for at this luncheon, | 虽然你的礼仪不符合我对午餐会的期待 |
[11:38] | but it’s fine. | 但是没关系 |
[11:44] | – I feel gutted. – Eh, you’ll get over it. | -我好沮丧 -会过去的 |
[11:47] | All right, Miggy, you’re up. | 米基 该你上了 |
[11:49] | What did you do with those sneakers? | 你对那双运动鞋做了什么 |
[11:50] | What charity saw you coming from a mile away? | 哪个慈善机构早就知道你要来了 |
[11:53] | Sisters of Mercy. | 慈善修女会 |
[11:54] | Ah, the nuns. Every last one of them just out for a buck. | 修女啊 整天就知道挣钱 |
[11:58] | – Okay, off you go. – Okay. | -去吧 -好吧 |
[12:03] | Hey, have you seen Angie? | 你看到安吉了吗 |
[12:04] | Mia just said she wanted to get Sophie “Off shoes,” | 米娅说她想给苏菲”脱鞋” |
[12:06] | and I need to dump it, fast. | 我必须现在就找地方发泄 |
[12:08] | Yeah… Okay, can I ask you? | 能问你个问题吗 |
[12:10] | Is Angie’s advice about Mia working? | 安吉假扮米娅的那招管用吗 |
[12:12] | No, not really. | 不管用 |
[12:13] | But maybe I’m just bad at role-playing. | 也许我只是不擅长角色扮演 |
[12:14] | – I mean, it’s been said before. – Nope. | -有人这样评价过我 -不 |
[12:16] | It’s because Angie doesn’t know | 是因为安吉其实 |
[12:17] | what the hell she’s talking about. | 就是在瞎说 |
[12:19] | – What? – Look, I love that woman, | -什么 -我很喜欢她 |
[12:20] | but I make it a point to never take advice from someone | 但是永远都不要听 |
[12:22] | who buys their underwear at CVS. | 从药店买内裤的人的建议 |
[12:24] | I mean, I just go along with it because it makes her feel good. | 我听她的只是为了让她高兴 |
[12:27] | In fact, that famous girls’ night, | 其实那个著名的闺蜜之夜 |
[12:29] | after talking to “Ron” For so long… | 和”罗恩”聊了那么久 |
[12:31] | …I left her house and booty-called the real thing! | 我离开她家之后马上和本人约炮了 |
[12:33] | – Poppy! – Excuse me, grown-ups? | -波比 -打扰一下 大人们 |
[12:35] | We need to sing “Happy Birthday” to Sophie ASAP. | 我们必须马上给苏菲唱生日快乐歌 |
[12:37] | She’s a woman on the brink. | 她现在是”濒临绝境的女人”[书名] |
[12:39] | – Louder! Faster! – *Happy birthday* | -再大声点 再快点 -*祝苏菲* |
[12:41] | – More British! – *Dear Sophie* | -再英国风一点 -*生日快乐* |
[12:45] | *Happy birthday to you* | *祝你生日快乐* |
[12:52] | What the what?! Earrings?! | 怎么回事 耳环 |
[12:55] | I’m here. You don’t need to freak out. | 我在这呢 你不用抓狂 |
[12:57] | Angie, your advice doesn’t work, and Poppy agrees with me. | 安吉 你的建议不管用 波比也赞成 |
[12:59] | That “Amazing girls’ night” you had? | 你们那天的”超棒闺蜜之夜” |
[13:01] | After she left your place, she went and she boinked Ron. | 她离开你家之后 就去和罗恩干炮了 |
[13:04] | Now, if you’ll excuse me, | 如果你不介意的话 |
[13:05] | an atrocity has been committed at Claire’s. | 饰品店里发生了暴行 |
[13:10] | Really, dude? | 真的吗 大姐 |
[13:11] | Okay, “Boinked” makes it sound less romantic than it was. | 干炮听起来没那么浪漫 |
[13:15] | Why is there a non-biological hole in my daughter’s ear? | 为什么我女儿的耳朵上会有后天形成的洞 |
[13:18] | It’s a rite of passage in many cultures… | 这在许多文化中都是一种成长仪式 |
[13:20] | including where I’m from — Central New Jersey. | 也包括我的家乡 新泽西中部 |
[13:23] | I can’t take it anymore! You pump Sophie full of sugar. | 我受不了了 你给苏菲灌了太多糖 |
[13:25] | You pierce her ears without asking my permission. | 你没有征求我的同意就给她打了耳洞 |
[13:28] | You can’t just show up here and undermine everything I do. | 你不能突然蹦出来 抹杀我做的一切 |
[13:31] | Maybe globally, what I do is not that important. | 也许在外面 我所做的并不重要 |
[13:33] | But in this house, it is. | 但在这个家很重要 |
[13:34] | And this is my house! You’re in my house! | 这是我家 你现在是在我家 |
[13:37] | And so is your dumb box of mail! | 还有寄给你的那些蠢邮件 |
[13:38] | Your subscription to ELLE magazine | 你订的时尚杂志 |
[13:40] | is no longer of use to me! | 对我根本没用 |
[13:41] | And who gets that many yoga mat catalogs? | 谁会订那么多瑜伽垫的商品目录 |
[13:44] | You don’t even live here! | 你都不住在这了 |
[13:46] | You try unsubscribing to L.L.Bean from Ghana! | 你试试看在加纳能不能取消订阅里昂比恩 |
[13:53] | Whoa, shockingly good form. You all right? | 身材真好 你没事吧 |
[13:56] | Yeah. I’m just stressed. | 没事 我只是太紧张了 |
[13:59] | I’m really sorry I outed you. | 我很抱歉说出你的秘密 |
[14:01] | It’s all right. Just put flowers on my grave. | 没关系 在我墓前献花就好 |
[14:04] | The last time Angie was mad at me, | 上回安吉生我气的时候 |
[14:05] | she told me her Uncle Joey D’Amato was “Connected”. | 她告诉我她叔叔乔伊·D·阿玛托能通灵 |
[14:08] | – Well, that’s terrifying. – Yeah. | -那真吓人 -是啊 |
[14:09] | Hey, what are you lil’ girls doing? | 你们这俩闺蜜在干什么 |
[14:11] | You — You having a sleepover and giving each other advice | 你们要搞睡衣派对 互相给对方建议 |
[14:14] | because apparently mine doesn’t work? | 因为很明显我的建议不管用 |
[14:15] | Look, Ange, it’s not your fault, all right? | 安吉 这不是你的错好吗 |
[14:17] | Will and I, we still have to deal with our exes, | 威尔和我还要和前任打交道 |
[14:19] | but you don’t. | 但你不用 |
[14:20] | So that means I can’t give advice? | 所以我就不能提建议了吗 |
[14:22] | – You nailed it. – You know what? I am just as — | -没错 -你知道吗 我和 |
[14:25] | – It’s my birthday! – Sophie? | -今天是我生日 -苏菲 |
[14:28] | – What is she doing? – Sophie? | -她在干什么 -苏菲 |
[14:30] | – I’m eight! – Sophie-Bear, come back to me. | -我八岁了 -苏菲小熊熊 别闹了 |
[14:32] | – You’re scaring Mommy. – Oof, the creamos got her. | -你吓到妈妈了 -糖果害了她 |
[14:34] | – What’s going on? – Sophie is reacting to sugar | -怎么回事 -苏菲对糖起了反应 |
[14:36] | in a way that I do not understand, and I don’t know what to do. | 我不明白是怎么回事 也不知道要怎么办 |
[14:39] | – It’s okay, everybody. – It’s my birthday! | -没事的 大伙 -今天是我生日 |
[14:40] | I know it is, honey! I know. | 我知道 亲爱的 我知道 |
[14:42] | Mia, I need a glass of water. | 米娅 拿杯水 |
[14:43] | – Rory, get me a dry English muffin. – Got it. | -罗里 给我一个干面包 -没问题 |
[14:44] | Sophie, we’re gonna count to 10 in Japanese, okay? | 苏菲 我们用日语数到十好吗 |
[14:47] | Ichi, ni, san, shi, | 一 二 三 四 |
[14:51] | go, roku, | 五 六 |
[14:53] | shichi, hachi, kyuu, juu. | 七 八 九 十 |
[14:57] | Very good. We’re gonna get off the table now. That’s not safe. | 真棒 从桌上下来 这样不安全 |
[15:00] | All right, everybody. We’re all better. | 好了 大伙 我们没事了 |
[15:02] | You guys finish your cake, and then we’ll play | 你们把蛋糕吃完 然后我们就玩 |
[15:04] | “Pin the Ruff on the Beefeater”. | “给卫兵贴领边” |
[15:14] | – Thank you, Will. – Of course. | -谢谢你 威尔 -不客气 |
[15:16] | No, seriously, thank you. | 不 我是认真的 |
[15:19] | I had no idea what to do. | 我完全不知道该怎么办 |
[15:21] | I mean, the first thing that came to mind was, | 我脑海中第一个想到的是 |
[15:23] | “Do I change her diaper?” | “我要换她的尿布吗” |
[15:25] | It’s just every time I see her, | 每次我见到她 |
[15:27] | I feel like she’s become this whole new person | 感觉她就像变了一个人 |
[15:29] | that I have to get to know, like, all over again. | 我需要重新去了解 |
[15:31] | Yeah, I sometimes feel that between lunch and dinner. | 有时只是两顿饭的工夫我都有这种感觉 |
[15:35] | You know, I hate | 我不希望 |
[15:36] | that I make you feel like what you do isn’t important. | 我让你感觉你所做的不重要 |
[15:39] | I get to swoop in and be this fun mom. | 我突然出现 当有趣的妈妈 |
[15:42] | Meanwhile, you’re with her every day, | 与此同时 你每天和她在一起 |
[15:44] | making rules and — and washing her hair. | 制定规矩 给她洗头发 |
[15:48] | Thank you. I don’t say that enough. | 谢谢你 我表达的谢意还不够 |
[15:52] | Well, you did send that e-mail | 你上周有给我发那封 |
[15:54] | that said “You da best!” last week. | 写着”你最好啦”的邮件 |
[15:57] | But thanks, I appreciate it. | 不过谢谢 我很受用 |
[16:00] | Attention, parents, I’d like to make an announcement — | 父母请注意 我想发表一个声明 |
[16:04] | I thought I could handle that amount of sugar, but I cannot. | 我以为我能受得了那么多糖 但我不能 |
[16:08] | Things were said, and I apologize. | 错已铸成 我很抱歉 |
[16:10] | – You’re forgiven. – It’s my fault. | -原谅你了 -是我的错 |
[16:12] | Look, I love having two parents, | 我很喜欢有两位父母 |
[16:14] | but sometimes it’s hard on me. | 但有时候这让我有点难受 |
[16:18] | And I wish we had more memories of the three of us, | 我希望我们三个人能有更多共同的回忆 |
[16:22] | because we are family, even if we don’t live together. | 因为我们即使不住在一起 也是一家人 |
[16:26] | Oh, honey, of course we are. | 亲爱的 我们当然是一家人 |
[16:29] | I love you. | 我爱你 |
[16:36] | Hey, um, does someone need to drive her home? | 是不是得有人载她回家 |
[16:39] | Louisa. Why are you so quiet? | 路易莎 你为什么都不说话 |
[16:42] | I’m more of a listener. | 我更喜欢倾听 |
[16:49] | – Who dis? – It’s Douglas. | -谁啊 -我是道格拉斯 |
[16:50] | What happened with the nuns? | 修女的事怎么样了 |
[16:52] | My buddy Dwayne bought my kicks. | 我的兄弟德韦恩买走了球鞋 |
[16:54] | He saw my Insta story | 他看了我发的 |
[16:55] | about what a good person I am for donating them. | 我是捐鞋好人的图享短视频 |
[16:57] | Okay, real men don’t have “Buddies”. | 真男人没有兄弟 |
[16:59] | Okay, now go be a man and get your shoes back. | 快去像个男人一样把鞋子拿回来 |
[17:01] | I tried, but I ended up giving him the pair I was wearing | 我试过了 但最后我把脚上穿的那双也给了他 |
[17:05] | – and a baggie of Goldfish I had in my pocket. – That’s it. | -还有口袋里的一包小饼干 -够了 |
[17:07] | – I’m coming down there. – I’ll text you the address. | -我现在过来 -我把地址发短信给你 |
[17:09] | No, no, no. No. No texting. | 不不不 别发短信 |
[17:11] | Form the words in your head, drop them to the mouth, | 把这些话从你脑子里 放到嘴里 |
[17:14] | and shout ’em out into the world | 再像个正常人一样 |
[17:15] | like a normal friggin’ human being. | 大声说出来 |
[17:18] | Can you repeat that? It was a lot. | 你能重复一遍吗 句子太长了 |
[17:25] | Ange? You up for a girls’ night? | 安吉 来个闺蜜之夜吗 |
[17:27] | I got gas station caffeine pills. | 我买了加油站的咖啡因药片 |
[17:31] | Are you still mad at me? | 你还在生我的气吗 |
[17:32] | No, I’m not mad-mad. It’s just… | 不 我没生气 只是 |
[17:36] | why didn’t you tell me about Ron? | 你为什么不告诉我罗恩的事 |
[17:38] | You’re a very scary woman. | 你很吓人啊 |
[17:40] | Plus, I didn’t want you to think I was still a mess | 而且我在你家沙发上睡了那么多次 |
[17:42] | after all those nights I spent on your couch. | 我不希望你知道我还是一团糟 |
[17:45] | You’re the strongest person I know. | 你是我认识的最坚强的人 |
[17:48] | Thanks. It’s just… | 谢谢 只是 |
[17:50] | even though I never had a husband, | 虽然我没有过丈夫 |
[17:54] | I like to be the person you come to with that stuff. | 我希望你感情上的事能来找我 |
[17:56] | And you always will be, whether I listen to you or not. | 不管我听不听你的 我都会来的 |
[17:59] | That’s why we have girls’ night. | 所以才要弄闺蜜之夜啊 |
[18:04] | – I love you. – I love you. | -我爱你 -我也爱你 |
[18:08] | Okay, so… how was it with Ron? | 你和罗恩什么情况 |
[18:11] | Girl, I’ve been waiting three years to tell you. | 妹子 我三年前就想告诉你了 |
[18:14] | It was as good as it could be in a parked car | 就在他女朋友家外面停着的车里 |
[18:16] | outside of his girlfriend’s house. | 真的特别爽 |
[18:20] | – I’m gonna get the beer funnel. – Please. | -我去拿啤酒漏斗 -谢谢 |
[18:22] | I’ve only waited in line once — | 我只排过一次队 |
[18:24] | December 1, 1974. | 1974年12月1日 |
[18:27] | Bills-Colts tickets. | 买比尔队和小马队的票 |
[18:28] | It was so cold, my sister Donna lost a toe. | 当时很冷 我姐唐娜冻掉了一个脚趾 |
[18:31] | May she rest in peace. | 愿她安息 |
[18:33] | – Okay, so which one is Dwayne? – Hold up. | -哪个是德韦恩 -等等 |
[18:36] | I don’t think you know what you’re getting into with Dwayne. | 你不了解和德韦恩打交道是什么样 |
[18:38] | The guy’s an evil genius. | 那家伙是个邪恶天才 |
[18:39] | You know, like Elon Musk or Kickeeboy. | 就像伊隆·马斯克或者玩鞋仔 |
[18:42] | Who’s Kickeeboy? | 玩鞋仔是谁 |
[18:43] | Oh, that guy eating a snow cone. | 那个吃圆筒的家伙 |
[18:46] | I think I can handle it. | 我能应付得了 |
[18:49] | Hey, I hear you got my friend’s tennis shoes, | 听说你拿了我朋友的网球鞋 |
[18:51] | so why don’t you just give them back? | 你不如把它们还回去吧 |
[18:52] | Oh, are you one of those old parent people | 你就是跟米基整天混在一起的 |
[18:55] | Miggy hangs out with now? | 老家长之一吧 |
[18:56] | I’m Dr. Douglas Fogerty, and this conversation | 我是道格拉斯·福格蒂医生 |
[19:00] | has already gone on longer than I care for, | 这次谈话已经比我预想的要长了 |
[19:02] | so why don’t you just give me the shoes. | 你快把鞋给我吧 |
[19:04] | Nah. These are Nike Air Max 90 Corks, man! | 不 这可是耐克Air Max 90软木塞 |
[19:07] | The most coveted pair of shoes in all of Pennsyl-Dwaynia. | 这是我在宾州最喜欢的一双鞋 |
[19:10] | Keeping ’em. | 不给 |
[19:11] | A man only needs four pairs of shoes — | 一个人只需要四双鞋 |
[19:13] | dress loafers, deck shoes, | 休闲鞋 甲板鞋 |
[19:15] | sturdy topsiders, and golf spikes. | 平底便鞋和高尔夫钉鞋 |
[19:17] | Tell you what I’m gonna do. | 这样吧 |
[19:18] | I’m gonna give you what you paid for the shoes, | 我付你买鞋子的钱 |
[19:21] | and I’m gonna kick in an extra Andrew. | 多给你20 |
[19:23] | Honestly, man, it’s not even about the Corks. | 老实说 这跟软木塞无关 |
[19:25] | It’s about Miggy. These kicks remind me | 而是关于米基 这些鞋提醒我 |
[19:27] | of the old days with that dude — skateboarding, | 以前跟他玩滑板的时候 |
[19:29] | him helping me write flirty texts to Gina, | 他帮我给吉娜写调情短信 |
[19:32] | him helping me write breakup texts to Gina. | 帮我给吉娜写分手短信 |
[19:34] | Doesn’t seem like it went great with Gina. | 看来和吉娜处得不好啊 |
[19:36] | Miggy and I had the best times. | 我和米基玩得可开心了 |
[19:37] | Waiting in line for Yeezys, | 排队等椰子鞋 |
[19:39] | before Kanye made them hella problematic. | 后来侃爷搞了个全民椰子 没得排了 |
[19:41] | Going to the dog park, | 一起去遛狗公园 |
[19:43] | then getting kicked out for not having a dog. | 然后因为没有狗而被赶出来 |
[19:45] | Before he got busy with dad world, Miggy was there for me. | 在他当爸前 米基一直和我在一起 |
[19:50] | In line, in life. | 一起排队 一起玩 |
[19:54] | But now, he’s giving all that solid gold friendship to you | 但现在他都跟你们混在一起 |
[19:57] | and I got squat. | 我一无所有 |
[19:59] | You’re so lucky, man. | 你真幸运 |
[20:03] | Peekaboo! | 躲猫猫 |
[20:04] | Yeah, he’s a good egg. | 嗯 他是个好人 |
[20:08] | So, those slippers Gucci? | 你这豆豆鞋是古驰的 |
[20:14] | Yo, no one’s ever stood up for me before. | 以前都没人帮我出过头 |
[20:16] | So, how’d it — Damn! | 怎么 我靠 |
[20:18] | You got Dwayne’d. | 你也被德韦恩秀了 |
[20:19] | Yo! See you soon, Miggy! | 再见了 米基 |
[20:22] | Man, looks like Dwayne got everything from you. | 德韦恩把你扒了啊 |
[20:25] | And I know you just hate that, | 我知道你讨厌这样 |
[20:26] | giving without getting anything back. | 付出却得不到回报 |
[20:28] | It was a fair trade. | 这是公平交易 |
[20:30] | Glass. | 玻璃 |
[20:31] | That was a shard of glass. | 有片碎玻璃 |
[20:33] | – Oh, no. – Yeah. | -不是吧 -是的 |
[20:37] | All right, so let’s rehearse. I’m pitching double peace signs, | 排练一下 两个和平标志 |
[20:40] | devil horns, and then, if there’s time, upside down? | 恶魔角 还有时间就倒过来怎么样 |
[20:45] | Those are gonna be awesome. | 肯定很赞 |
[20:48] | I’m gonna go grab us some mozzarella sticks. | 我去拿些干酪棒 |
[20:51] | If it’s okay with both my parents, of course. | 前提是爸妈都同意 |
[20:54] | Well, it’s still your birthday, | 现在还是你的生日 |
[20:56] | and you’re not in a coma yet, | 你还没有昏迷 |
[20:59] | so I say go for it. | 所以去吧 |
[21:01] | Hey, should we do one just the two of us? | 我们俩来一张吧 |
[21:02] | You know, for Sophie. | 为了苏菲 |
[21:03] | She doesn’t have a ton of photos of us together. | 她没几张我们在一起的照片 |
[21:05] | I mean, everyone has a camera in their pocket, but sure. | 大家都揣着手机呢 但好吧 |
[21:08] | I’ll pay $3 to sit in a closet. | 我愿意付3块钱照大头贴 |