时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:08] | With over 20,000 clinics worldwide, | 全球两万多家检测中心 |
[00:11] | Soul Connex helped people find their perfect match. | 「灵魂匹配」帮人们找到完美伴侣 |
[00:11] | 灵魂匹配 用科学鉴证你的灵魂伴侣 | |
[00:14] | I figured it was time. | 我觉得是时候了 |
[00:16] | It’s what I’ve wanted all my life. | 此乃我终生所求 |
[00:18] | Soul Connex, your future is waiting. | 美好未来 尽在「灵魂匹配」 |
[00:18] | 灵魂匹配 用科学鉴证你的灵魂伴侣 | |
[00:20] | Go to Soul Connex for more info. | 详情请登录官方网站 |
[00:25] | The Lovers by Magritte. | 马格利特《恋人》 |
[00:25] | 超现实主义画家 画作「你看到的不是烟斗」非常出名 曾在《星运里的错》和《错位青春》中引用过 | |
[00:29] | Some argue it tells the story of frustrated desire. | 有人认为这幅画描绘了爱而不得 |
[00:35] | Others believe in its romance. | 有人则认为是一种美好爱恋 |
[00:37] | A lover’s passionate embrace. | 热烈的爱 紧紧相拥 |
[00:42] | So which is it? | 到底是哪一种呢 |
[00:44] | Perhaps we should ask the painter himself? | 也许我们该问一下画家本人 |
[00:47] | Magritte, from its inception, always insisted there was no story. | 马格利特一开始就声称画作背后没有故事 |
[00:51] | He told critics, | 他告诉评论家 |
[00:54] | “It does not mean anything.” | “画作背后没有深意” |
[00:57] | But what of Magritte himself? | 马格利特本人有什么经历呢 |
[00:59] | His mother drowned herself when he was just 14. | 他母亲在他14岁时投河自尽 |
[01:06] | She was plucked from the river as he watched, | 他亲眼看见母亲从河里被打捞上来 |
[01:08] | her white, wet nightgown hooked across her face. | 面庞缠绕着湿漉漉的白色睡衣 |
[01:13] | But of course… | 但是当然了 |
[01:15] | this painting… | 这幅画 |
[01:17] | “Doesn’t mean anything.” | “没有任何深意” |
[01:25] | Which brings us to a wider discussion of meaning, | 于是引出一个更广泛的讨论 何为意义 |
[01:30] | and who decides the narrative. | 以及谁来引导舆论[剧情走向] |
[01:34] | Do you think they know they’re a total cliche? | 他们知道自己很烂俗吗 |
[01:38] | Preppie love birds. | 校园情侣 |
[01:41] | He’s probably reading her Baudelaire. | 他可能在给她读波德莱尔的诗 |
[01:41] | 法国十九世纪最著名的现代派诗人 象征派诗歌先驱 诗歌常表现现实艺术的堕落与情欲的污秽 孤芳自赏与自我玩味的态度 代表作有《恶之花》 | |
[01:44] | From a book too. | 还拿着书念 |
[01:46] | Jesus. | 受不了 |
[01:50] | You’re failing my class, Hannah. | 你这门课要不及格了 汉娜 |
[01:54] | I’m hungover. I’m on my period. | 我宿醉呢 还来大姨妈了 |
[01:56] | I don’t need a pep talk right now. | 就别再跟我说教了 |
[02:00] | How’s your mom doing? | 你妈怎么样了 |
[02:04] | The new round of meds are helping. | 新开的药 效果挺好 |
[02:14] | And what is this, old school irony? | 这是老套的递烟传情吗 |
[02:18] | Maybe I just… like old things. | 也许我就喜欢”老”呢 |
[02:24] | Now who’s the cliche? | 你还说别人烂俗[暗指师生恋] |
[02:30] | Get out of here. | 你快走 |
[02:32] | Go! | 走 |
[02:36] | Jesus. | 天呐 |
[02:42] | Professor Gaskell. | 加斯克尔教授 |
[02:46] | Walter. | 沃特 |
[02:47] | How can I help? | 有事吗 |
[02:52] | Carl’s mother died. | 卡尔的母亲去世了 |
[02:54] | I’m sorry to hear that. | 我很遗憾 |
[02:55] | He’s taken compassionate leave, | 他休丧假了 |
[02:57] | so he won’t be speaking at the trustee conference on Tuesday, | 因此他没法在周二的理事会上讲话了 |
[03:00] | and the board has asked for you. | 校董会让你来替他 |
[03:04] | Of course, yeah. | 没问题 |
[03:05] | I’ll prepare a summary presentation for review. | 我会写好摘要陈述 拿去审核 |
[03:29] | David Maddox? | 大卫·麦多克斯 |
[03:35] | I’m Alison Jones. | 我是艾莉森·琼斯 |
[03:39] | I’m sorry. I’m having a hard time placing you. | 抱歉 我想不起你是谁 |
[03:41] | – Have we met before? – No. | -我们见过吗 -没有 |
[03:43] | No, but– | 没有 |
[03:45] | I have some important information I’d like to share with you. | 我有件要事跟你说 |
[03:50] | What kind of information? | 什么要事 |
[03:53] | Okay. | 是这样 |
[03:54] | Well, it’s my test results. | 这是我的检测结果 |
[03:57] | Our test results. | 我们的检测结果 |
[04:20] | I made my profile private. You shouldn’t have this. | 我锁住了的档案 你不可能拿到 |
[04:22] | I know. | 我知道 |
[04:24] | I did something I’m not proud of and I’m sorry. But… | 我做了不太光彩的事 也深表歉意 |
[04:28] | I had to know. | 但我必须弄清楚 |
[04:31] | How did you get this information? | 你怎么拿到的档案 |
[04:32] | Illegally. | 非法途径 |
[04:34] | It was wrong, but… | 这样做确实不对 |
[04:35] | David, I took the test two years ago | 大卫 我两年前做了检测 |
[04:37] | and every day since, | 从那天起 |
[04:39] | I’ve woken up wondering, whoever my match was… | 我每天都琢磨自己的匹配对象是谁 |
[04:43] | why did he take the test if he never wanted to meet me? | 如果他不想认识我 为什么去检测 |
[04:48] | I’m married. | 我结婚了 |
[04:51] | I guessed as much. | 我猜到了 |
[04:53] | I am too, by the way. | 我也结婚了 |
[04:55] | And, yes, I love my husband very much, but… | 我也很爱我丈夫 但是 |
[05:01] | One day I woke up and everything felt… | 我有天醒来 感觉一切 |
[05:07] | Different. | 都不一样了 |
[05:08] | Do you know what I mean? | 你懂我意思吗 |
[05:14] | I’m sorry. | 我很抱歉 |
[05:19] | Yeah. | 好吧 |
[05:21] | Honestly, I don’t even know what I was hoping for. | 说实话 我也不知道自己期待什么 |
[05:28] | You know what? I’m in town for a couple of days with work. | 是这样 我因公事会在这里待几天 |
[05:35] | Maybe… we can grab a coffee? | 也许我们可以喝杯咖啡 |
[05:39] | Maybe we’re supposed to be… | 也许我们注定成为 |
[05:42] | friends. | 朋友 |
[05:44] | Here’s me. | 这是我的联系方式 |
[05:50] | Right. That’s that. | 好吧 就这样了 |
[06:27] | You will say something, won’t you? | 你会说几句吧 |
[06:30] | – He hates me. – He doesn’t hate you. | -他看我不顺眼 -他不是讨厌你 |
[06:33] | He just doesn’t think you’re… | 他就是觉得 |
[06:36] | good enough for me. | 你配不上我 |
[06:38] | He’s got that right. | 他倒是说对了 |
[06:40] | – You look beautiful. – Thank you. | -你真美 -谢谢 |
[06:43] | So… will you say something? | 话说 你会说祝酒词吧 |
[06:48] | David? | 大卫 |
[06:50] | Okay, everyone. | 各位 |
[06:51] | Settle down. | 安静一下 |
[06:53] | Let’s get this over with. | 我简单讲两句 |
[06:55] | Toast to the birthday boy. | 敬寿星 |
[06:57] | Everyone’s favorite grouch. | 大家最爱的唠叨鬼 |
[07:00] | The man of a thousand words, all published. | 学富五车 满腹经纶 |
[07:04] | But– only a few choice ones spoken. | 但不显山露水 |
[07:08] | To my father | 敬我父亲 |
[07:10] | and inspiration. | 一代影响力人物 |
[07:12] | Walter P. Gaskell. | 沃特·P·加斯克尔 |
[07:13] | Cheers. | 干杯 |
[07:15] | Cheers. | 干杯 |
[07:22] | David, go on. | 大卫 你说几句 |
[07:26] | Just one more. | 再补充一下 |
[07:29] | To a wonderful man, | 敬这位杰出人士 |
[07:31] | a loving father | 慈父 |
[07:32] | and a cruel and punishing boss. | 以及不近人情的铁面上司 |
[07:50] | Walter. | 沃特 |
[07:51] | It must be nice having your whole family here together. | 全家人来给你庆生很不错吧 |
[07:56] | I’m retiring at the end of the semester. | 期末时 我就退休了 |
[08:01] | But as my final act, | 但退休之前 |
[08:02] | I’m going to recommend you to the board for tenure. | 我要向校董会推荐你担任终身教职 |
[08:09] | I don’t know what to say. | 我都不知该说什么了 |
[08:12] | Thank you. | 谢谢你 |
[08:13] | People are going to think that I’m only doing it | 别人会认为我这么做 |
[08:14] | because you’re married to my daughter… | 只因为你是我女婿 |
[08:17] | and I want you to know that is exactly the reason. | 我想让你知道 确实如此 |
[08:38] | What’s wrong? | 你怎么了 |
[08:42] | Walter’s retiring. | 沃特要退休了 |
[08:45] | He told you that? | 他跟你说的吗 |
[08:46] | – When? – Tonight. | -什么时候 -今晚 |
[08:50] | He’s endorsing my application for tenure. | 他推荐我担任终身教职 |
[08:59] | My God. David. | 天呐 大卫 |
[09:01] | That’s amazing. | 太棒了 |
[09:04] | That’s the mountain top. | 这就是你的人生巅峰啊 |
[09:11] | Okay, so, why aren’t we drunkenly pouring champagne all over ourselves in the bath? | 不如我们边洗鸳鸯浴 边小酌庆祝吧 |
[09:15] | He thinks I’m only with you… | 他觉得我跟你在一起 |
[09:17] | for your money… | 只是贪图你的钱 |
[09:19] | and his connections. | 觊觎他的人脉 |
[09:21] | – He said that? – Inferred. | -他这么说的吗 -没明说 但显露出来了 |
[09:24] | Well, that’s fine with me, | 我不介意 |
[09:26] | because I’m only with you for your body. | 我只是为了你的肉体 才跟你在一起 |
[09:31] | You know I love you. Don’t you? | 你知道我爱你吧 |
[09:35] | Shut up, old man. | 闭嘴 “老头子” |
[09:40] | I’m so proud of you. | 你真给我争气 |
[09:41] | I do not accept that when Kahlo looks at herself | 我不认为卡罗看待自己时 |
[09:43] | it’s in any sense vain or self-absorbed. | 带着虚荣和自恋的目光 |
[09:47] | But why did she paint herself so much then? | 那她怎么这么多自画像 |
[09:49] | Fifty-five paintings. A third of her output. | 55幅画作 占其作品三分之一 |
[09:52] | That’s a lot of selfies. | 这”自拍”也太多了吧 |
[09:54] | Look, don’t undermine her art like that. | 别这样贬低她的艺术作品 |
[09:56] | Her self-portraits are a way | 她的自画像是一种 |
[09:58] | to express the physical pain of her accidents, | 表达因事故而带来身体痛苦的方式 |
[10:00] | the emotional pain of Diego’s affairs, | 诠释了蒂亚戈外遇带来的情感创伤 |
[10:01] | her suicide attempts. | 她企图自杀的意愿 |
[10:05] | I’m on the road, usually two weeks every month. | 我每个月两周都在路上 |
[10:09] | I could fly, but– I just… | 我可以坐飞机 但是 |
[10:11] | I don’t have the conscience for it. | 我没那么厚颜无耻 浪费公款 |
[10:15] | Plus, I think truck stop coffees are underrated. | 另外 大家都没发现卡车驿站的咖啡很好喝 |
[10:18] | I love my wife. | 我很爱我老婆 |
[10:22] | And I love my husband. | 我也爱我丈夫 |
[10:25] | Then why’d you come looking for me? | 那你怎么还来找我 |
[10:28] | I don’t know. | 说不清 |
[10:30] | You don’t know? | 你说不清 |
[10:33] | You had my account hacked. | 你黑进了我的档案 |
[10:34] | That’s a federal crime. You could go to jail for 20 years. | 这是犯罪 可以判20年 |
[10:38] | You don’t think I already know that? | 你以为我不知道吗 |
[10:40] | I’ve never broken the law before. | 我以前从没犯过法 |
[10:43] | See, I thought that | 我以为 |
[10:45] | if I came here and I saw you, that it would, | 我来到这里 见到你 |
[10:50] | I don’t know, be enough. | 这样就够了 |
[10:54] | But it just made the feeling even worse. | 但结果却发现 剪不断理还乱 |
[11:01] | I’m sorry, Alison. Really. | 对不起 艾莉森 |
[11:05] | I took the test a long time ago, | 我很久之前做的检测 |
[11:07] | I’m a very different person now. | 我现在已经变了 |
[11:17] | I haven’t told my husband. | 我还没告诉我丈夫 |
[11:21] | He thinks this is just another work thing. | 他以为我只是又出差了 |
[11:26] | Have you told your wife I came to see you? | 你跟你老婆说我来找你了吗 |
[11:44] | Maybe you’re right. | 也许你说得对 |
[11:47] | Maybe we’re meant to be friends. | 也许我们注定成为朋友 |
[11:51] | We could exchange numbers. | 我们可以交换联系方式 |
[11:53] | Talk in… a month, maybe. | 一个月联系一次 |
[11:57] | Yeah. | 好 |
[11:59] | Yeah, I like that. | 这样挺好 |
[12:00] | That sounds… grown-up and practical. | 这样做很成熟 又很实际 |
[12:12] | I guess we now officially exist in each other’s world. | 我们这下真正进入彼此的生活了 |
[12:18] | Then let me officially buy the coffees. | 那就由我来买单吧 |
[12:20] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[12:23] | Well, it was nice meeting you… I think. | 见到你感觉真好 |
[12:26] | I’m still trying to decide. | 我还是感觉有点模棱两可 |
[12:29] | I’m glad you made contact. | 我很高兴你联系我了 |
[12:31] | Are you sure? | 你确定吗 |
[12:33] | No. | 不确定 |
[12:36] | Do we hug or… | 我们要抱一下 |
[12:40] | I don’t know. | 该怎么做呢 |
[12:41] | Sure. | 抱一下吧 |
[12:56] | I’m so sorry. | 对不起 |
[12:58] | I shouldn’t… | 我不该 |
[13:29] | Barolo on a school night? | 喝红酒 你明天还上课呢 |
[13:31] | Yeah. It’s been a strange day. | 今天发生了一点事 |
[13:32] | Well, I hope you don’t want to talk about it, | 希望你别找我倾诉 |
[13:34] | because I need to drink water. Pee. Sleep. | 因为我只想喝点水 上个厕所 睡个好觉 |
[13:39] | – You coming? – After this. | -回房吗 -等一下 |
[13:54] | Beautiful, isn’t it? | 很漂亮吧 |
[13:55] | Gorgeous. | 太美了 |
[13:58] | How are you? Thank you so much for coming. | 你好吗 感谢前来 |
[14:01] | – Hey, Julia. – Hi, Sarah. | -茱莉亚 -莎拉 |
[14:03] | Hi, how is it going? | 最近怎么样 |
[14:08] | I am two more “no thank yous” away | 再这么应酬下去 |
[14:11] | from shedding these heels and popping a Valium. | 我得吃镇定剂 才能不让自己抓狂 |
[14:15] | Are you okay? | 你还好吧 |
[14:17] | My God. There’s Francis. Come with me. | 天呐 弗朗西斯来了 跟我来 |
[14:19] | Francis? | 弗朗斯西 |
[14:20] | – Sarah. – Darling. You made it. | -莎拉 -亲爱的 你来了 |
[14:23] | I love you. Thank you so much for coming. | 我爱你 谢谢百忙中抽空前来 |
[14:25] | Hey, Laura, how’s it going? | 劳拉 最近好吗 |
[14:26] | So, before you tell me you love what you’re seeing, | 你夸赞作品之前 |
[14:27] | 艾莉森·琼斯 你也感觉到了吧 拜托告诉我 我不是臆想 | |
[14:30] | I would love to introduce you to my husband, David Maddox. | 我来介绍一下我丈夫 大卫·麦多克斯 |
[14:35] | David? Francis. | 大卫 这是弗朗西斯 |
[14:38] | Francis, what a pleasure. Thank you so much for coming. | 弗朗西斯 幸会 感谢前来 |
[14:40] | It’s so good to see you. So good to see you. | 幸会 幸会 |
[14:42] | – Both of you. Both of you. – And this is Laura, his wife. | -见到你们真好 -这是劳拉 他妻子 |
[15:03] | 艾莉森·琼斯 你也感觉到了吧 拜托告诉我 我不是臆想 | |
[15:24] | Will you meet me? | 能见面吗 |
[15:28] | – Yeah. – Tomorrow? | -好 -明天 |
[15:31] | Yeah. | 好 |
[16:24] | I brought alcohol. | 我带酒来了 |
[16:31] | I love my wife. | 我很爱我老婆 |
[16:35] | You keep telling me. | 你一直跟我这么说 |
[16:38] | It’s why I blocked the test. | 因此我才屏蔽了检测结果 |
[16:41] | Seemed unnecessary. | 感觉没必要了 |
[16:43] | What we have works. | 我们的婚姻美满 |
[16:47] | Why did you take the test? | 你一开始为什么去检测 |
[16:51] | College is a great place to meet people, | 大学里很容易交友 |
[16:53] | if you’re a student. | 前提你是学生 |
[16:56] | The world of academia | 教学领域 |
[16:57] | was not leaving me a lot of room to meet women my own age. | 很难遇到跟我年纪相仿的女性 |
[17:03] | I’d been so focused on my career… | 我一心追求事业 |
[17:06] | that I realized I was about to hit 40 | 我意识到自己就快40岁了 |
[17:08] | and I couldn’t honestly say that I had ever really been in love. | 我这辈子还没爱过谁 |
[17:15] | Never? | 从来没有 |
[17:18] | So I took the test. | 于是我就去检测了 |
[17:21] | And then I waited. | 我等过匹配了 |
[17:25] | And then I met Sarah. | 然后遇到了莎拉 |
[17:28] | We fell in love. | 我们相爱了 |
[17:30] | And I made a choice. | 我做了一个选择 |
[17:38] | I only ever truly loved one person. | 我只爱过一个人 |
[17:43] | And it wasn’t him. | 不是他 |
[17:46] | Who was it? | 那是谁 |
[17:51] | It was a long time ago. | 很久以前的事了 |
[17:53] | We did… everything together. | 我们曾经亲密无间 |
[17:57] | But then she went to college | 但她后来上大学了 |
[17:59] | and fell for her professor and… | 爱上了她的教授 |
[18:01] | Well, you know the rest. | 接下来不用说了吧 |
[18:03] | She? | 是个女人 |
[18:05] | And her professor, huh? | 跟她的教授啊 |
[18:07] | So when I found out what you did, I thought… | 我得知你的职业后 我心想 |
[18:10] | The universe really loves irony. | 老天还真爱跟我开玩笑 |
[18:17] | You know, that moment I saw you in that parking lot, | 我在停车场见到你的第一眼 |
[18:19] | I just knew there was no going back. | 我就知道没有回头路了 |
[18:25] | Everything I felt for her just came rushing back. | 我对她的那种爱恋在你身上重现了 |
[18:30] | When I first saw you, | 我第一眼见到你时 |
[18:31] | I had the strongest feeling that I knew you. | 我就有种强烈的感觉 好像认识了你很久 |
[18:39] | You do know me. | 我们确实认识 |
[18:55] | What’s up? | 怎么了 |
[18:56] | Yeah– | 是这样 |
[18:58] | this seminar thing, they wanna take me out for dinner after. | 讲座之后 我应邀出席晚宴 |
[19:02] | – I think it’s going to run late. – How late? | -我会晚点回去 -多晚 |
[19:05] | I don’t know. | 不清楚 |
[19:07] | I think I might stay over. | 好像要过夜 |
[19:10] | – You okay? – Yeah. I’m just tired. | -你没事吧 -没事 就是有点累了 |
[19:15] | Maybe a little distracted, I guess. | 可能有点心烦意乱吧 |
[19:18] | Okay. Love you. | 好吧 爱你 |
[19:22] | Love you too. Bye. | 我也爱你 拜拜 |
[20:20] | Alison? | 艾莉森 |
[20:21] | Hi. This is Alison Jones. I can’t take your call right now. | 我是艾莉森·琼斯 我现在不方便接电话 |
[20:24] | But if you leave me your name and number, | 请留下你的姓名和号码 |
[20:26] | I’ll call you right back. | 我稍后会联系你 |
[20:33] | Gentileschi emphasizes the physicality of the beheadment, | 真特莱斯基着重描绘了斩首的力度 |
[20:39] | perhaps drawing on her own experiences of the power of men. | 也许是源自她自身对于男性力量的认知 |
[20:43] | Judith’s young maidservant helps pin Holofernes down, | 茱蒂丝的年轻女仆帮忙按住了敌军首领荷诺芬斯 |
[20:46] | an unusual detail. | 这一细节耐人寻味 |
[20:48] | Possible moment of sisterhood. | 或许是女性力量的展现 |
[20:51] | Now, if you compare this interpretation with Caravaggio’s vision… | 若将此种诠释与卡拉瓦乔[画家]的视野相比 |
[21:02] | Okay… | 行吧 |
[21:05] | It’s very, very, very funny. | 真”有意思” |
[21:07] | And when I find out who put that in there… | 等我找出这个捣蛋鬼 |
[21:12] | we’re gonna have a long talk about lighting and composition. | 我们可得好好聊聊明暗和构图 |
[21:17] | As I was saying… | 言归正传 |
[21:38] | – Alison. – You. | -艾莉森 -你好啊 |
[21:40] | What happened? Where did you go? | 怎么回事 你怎么跑了 |
[21:42] | I’m sorry. I didn’t want to wake you. | 抱歉 我之前不想吵醒你 |
[21:43] | You looked so innocent just laying there. | 你当时睡得很香甜 |
[21:45] | Yeah, I tried to call you. | 我一直联系不上你 |
[21:46] | I’m passing back through tonight. | 我今晚还会去 |
[21:47] | I really wanna see you. | 我很想见见你 |
[21:48] | Tonight? I don’t know if I can… | 今晚吗 我不一定有空 |
[21:50] | I know what we did was wrong, | 偷情确实不对 |
[21:51] | but I can’t stop thinking about you. Please? | 但我就是放不下你 求你了 |
[21:54] | – Okay. – Same hotel? | -好吧 -还是那家宾馆 |
[21:56] | Yeah. | 好 |
[21:58] | I’ll leave a key at reception for you. | 我会把门卡留在前台 |
[22:00] | – Okay. – Bye. | -好 -拜拜 |
[22:15] | TV on. | 打开电视 |
[22:51] | What the hell is going on? Hannah, what are you doing here? | 到底怎么回事 汉娜 你怎么来了 |
[22:55] | – Are you joking right now? – What the hell are you doing here? | -你装傻吗 -你来干什么 |
[23:00] | We’ve been… | 我们一直 |
[23:03] | I sent you a… I sent you pictures. | 我给你发过那么多照片 |
[23:06] | No. No, no. What pictures? What are you talking about? | 不可能 什么照片 你什么意思 |
[23:09] | You sent me pictures. | 你也给我发了照片 |
[23:13] | What pictures are you talking about? I didn’t send you pictures. | 到底什么照片 我根本没给你发过 |
[23:15] | Yes, you did. You sent… | 你发了 你真发了 |
[23:16] | No, Hannah, what pictures? What are you talking about? | 不可能 汉娜 什么照片 你说什么呢 |
[23:19] | What’s happening, please? Please. | 到底怎么回事 说清楚啊 |
[23:21] | Hannah. Wait! Wait! Wait! Wait! Hannah Stop! Stop! Wait! Hannah! | 汉娜 等等 汉娜 别走 |
[23:24] | – Hannah! – Get off me! | -汉娜 -别碰我 |
[23:40] | 艾莉森·琼斯 这回你可百口莫辩了 | |
[23:49] | Hi, this is Alison Jones. | 我是艾莉森·琼斯 |
[23:50] | If you leave me your name and number, I’ll call you right back. | 请留下你的姓名和号码 我稍后会联系你 |
[23:54] | Where are you? | 你在哪儿 |
[23:55] | You need to call me… | 给我回电话 |
[23:57] | and tell me what the hell is going on! | 说清楚到底怎么回事 |
[24:00] | End call. | 通话结束 |
[24:16] | So I dipped down into my bag, I am looking for my camera | 我正在包里找相机 |
[24:18] | and all of a sudden this monkey grabs my glasses… | 有只猴子突然抓住了我的眼镜 |
[24:20] | and I’m screaming, “David, get the monkey!” in the middle of Jemaa el-Fna. | 我就在德吉玛广场尖叫着让大卫把猴子赶走 |
[24:24] | There you are. | 回来了 |
[24:25] | David, meet Alison. | 大卫 这位是艾莉森 |
[24:30] | David. | 你好 大卫 |
[24:33] | I came to her rescue. | 我”美人救美”了 |
[24:35] | You know, I swear there’s something wrong with the battery. | 电池一定有问题 |
[24:38] | David, I hate cars. | 大卫 我对车恨之入骨 |
[24:39] | I, I got back and found her stuck in the middle of the street. | 我回来时发现她停在路中间走不动了 |
[24:42] | It was total “damsel in distress” stuff. | “落难少女” 楚楚可怜 |
[24:45] | She was my knight in shining armor. | 她就是救我于水火的女骑士 |
[24:48] | So, Alison is actually thinking of moving here. | 艾莉森打算搬来这里 |
[24:52] | She has a secret. | 她告诉了我一个秘密 |
[24:54] | She’s taken the test. | 她做过匹配检测了 |
[24:56] | And her match lives here. | 她的匹配对象就住在这儿 |
[24:59] | Somewhere. | 是这里的住户 |
[25:01] | But she won’t reveal who it is. | 但她不肯说到底是谁 |
[25:03] | Well, he’s married. | 他已婚了 |
[25:06] | Yeah, for now. | 维持不了多久 |
[25:08] | It’s all very salacious. | 男人都好色 |
[25:11] | I really should be going. I’m supposed to be meeting him. | 我真得走了 我约了他见面 |
[25:15] | I’m gonna be late. | 再不走就迟到了 |
[25:17] | Let me give you Harry Carmichael’s details. | 我把哈里·卡麦可的联系方式给你 |
[25:20] | – He is a great realtor. Just get my phone. – Thank you. | -他是个不可多得的房产中介 我去拿下手机 -谢谢 |
[25:23] | And, David is a lecturer at the college here. | 大卫在这里的大学教书 |
[25:33] | What are you doing? | 你搞什么鬼 |
[25:35] | You know, I couldn’t help myself. | 我情不自禁嘛 |
[25:36] | I wanted to see what your life was like. | 我想见识一下你妻子是何方神圣 |
[25:39] | It’s nice. | 真不错 |
[25:40] | And you’re right. Your wife is a real sweetheart. | 你说得对 你妻子确实娇俏动人 |
[25:43] | I don’t know what kind of sick game you are playing, | 不管你在耍什么把戏 |
[25:46] | but it is going to stop now. | 立刻停手 |
[25:48] | Careful, David. You squeeze any tighter and you’ll leave a mark. | 轻点 大卫 再捏就留下痕迹了 |
[25:58] | Here you go. | 发给你了 |
[26:01] | Great. Now we officially exist in each other’s worlds. | 太棒了 我们这下真正进入彼此的生活了 |
[26:05] | It was lovely meeting you, Sarah. You have a beautiful home. | 幸会 莎拉 你家真气派 |
[26:08] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[26:08] | Goodbye, David. | 再见 大卫 |
[26:11] | Let me show you out. | 我送你出去 |
[26:13] | And, boy, I want updates. | 天呐 有情况可得告诉我呀 |
[27:17] | 无匹配对象 您的灵魂伴侣 尚未进行检测 | |
[27:26] | How many times have you checked? | 你检查过多少次 |
[27:28] | I can tell you right now that what you have made is not secure. Okay? | 我告诉你 你们的系统有漏洞 |
[27:33] | Then let me talk to somebody else. | 那让负责人跟我谈 |
[27:35] | Someone has hacked into your system and pulled my information. | 有人黑进了你们的系统 窃取了我的信息 |
[27:38] | So check again. | 再检查一遍 |
[27:40] | She had my personal information. Look, a crime has been… | 她窃取了我的个人信息 这是违法行为 |
[27:45] | – You okay? – Troubled student. | -怎么了 -有个学生不老实 |
[27:48] | Coffee. | 咖啡 |
[27:49] | Please. | 谢谢 |
[27:54] | Yes, I’m still here. | 我还在 |
[27:57] | I’d like to file an official complaint. | 我要投诉 |
[28:11] | I need to speak to Hannah. | 我得跟汉娜谈谈 |
[28:12] | – She don’t wanna talk to you. – Hannah? | -她不想跟你谈 -汉娜 |
[28:15] | You better step back! | 你别靠近 |
[28:16] | – I need to talk to you. Please. – She doesn’t want to talk to you. | -我得跟你谈谈 拜托 -她不想理你 |
[28:20] | You creep! | 变态 |
[28:31] | That poor girl. She was really into you. | 小姑娘真可怜 她是真心喜欢你 |
[28:34] | It wasn’t hard to convince her you wanted her too. | 骗她相信你也喜欢她真简单 |
[28:37] | But it won’t just be your word against hers. | 这回可不是你们俩各执一词了 |
[28:39] | She’s got pictures of your dick on her phone. | 她手机里还有你老二的照片呢 |
[28:41] | – Who are you? – I’m your soulmate, David. | -你到底是谁 -我是你的灵魂伴侣呀 大卫 |
[28:44] | I will go to the police. | 我要报警了 |
[28:46] | And tell them what exactly? | 你怎么跟警察说啊 |
[28:48] | You hacked into my Connex account. Forged documents. | 你黑入了我的「灵魂匹配」账户 伪造了匹配文件 |
[28:51] | Who did? Alison Jones? | 我是谁呀 艾莉森·琼斯吗 |
[28:53] | What do you want? Money? | 你想怎样 要钱吗 |
[28:55] | No, David. | 不 大卫 |
[28:56] | What I want… is for you to be alone. | 我想让你孤寡一生 |
[29:00] | To be alone and wondering why someone would do this to you. | 孤独终老 反省自己的过错 |
[29:02] | – How much do you want? – I don’t want your money, David. | -你要多少钱 -我不要你的钱 大卫 |
[29:05] | I want you to go home now. And I want you to tell your wife about us. | 你回家 向妻子坦白跟我偷情了 |
[29:10] | – Come on! – I want you to tell her | -不可能 -你告诉她 |
[29:12] | how you convinced yourself it was true love just so you could screw me. | 你为了上我 宁愿相信我是你的真爱 |
[29:16] | I want her to see who you really are. | 我想让她看清你的真面目 |
[29:20] | I thought this was real. | 我还以为我们是真情 |
[29:23] | I fell for you. | 我错爱了你 |
[29:24] | You tell her, and I’ll delete all the texts and the pictures. | 你跟妻子坦白 我就删掉短信和照片 |
[29:27] | I’ll wipe away all the dirt. Then you can keep your tenure. | 我会删除你的所有黑料 你的终身教职就保住了 |
[29:30] | – How do I know you’ll do that? – You don’t. | -如何确认你真的会信守承诺 -没法确认 |
[29:32] | You only know that I’m willing to ruin you if you don’t. | 但你若不坦白 我一定会毁了你 |
[29:37] | I’m giving you until tomorrow morning to tell your wife. | 限你明早之前对妻子坦白 |
[29:43] | Why are you doing this? | 你为什么针对我 |
[29:45] | For love, of course. | 自然是为了爱啊 |
[29:48] | Good luck, David. | 祝好运 大卫 |
[29:50] | Let’s hope she can forgive you. | 希望她知道后还能原谅你 |
[29:53] | I’ll be watching. | 我会在暗中监视 |
[30:13] | This morning, every member of this board received an email about you, David. | 今早 所有校董会成员都收到了举报你的邮件 大卫 |
[30:22] | You do realize… | 你知不知道 |
[30:25] | that my endorsing your tenure application has put my reputation on the line. | 我是以自己的名声为你担保申请终身教职 |
[30:32] | And it is very much appreciated, believe me. | 我对此心怀感激 信我吧 |
[30:35] | Believe you? | 相信你 |
[30:42] | When were you going to tell me | 你打算什么时候告诉我 |
[30:43] | about the allegations you faced during your time at Berkeley? | 你在伯克利任教期间遭到的指控 |
[30:47] | Sexual assault of a student. | 性侵学生 |
[30:50] | God damn it, David. | 你搞什么啊 大卫 |
[30:52] | That is exactly what it was. Allegations. Totally unfounded. | 没错 指控而已 纯粹是空穴来风 |
[30:58] | I have endorsed you more than academically. | 我不仅认可了你的学术水准 |
[31:02] | I’ve vouched for your integrity, your probity… | 我还担保你品行正直 |
[31:05] | that you are a fit and proper person to be entrusted with student welfare. | 你关爱学生 教书育人 |
[31:09] | And until today, this board, every one of them have trusted my judgment. | 此事之前 校董会成员都相信我的判断 |
[31:15] | But you… | 但你 |
[31:17] | didn’t think it was worth mentioning. | 居然没跟我提过此事 |
[31:18] | It was 15 years ago. | 那都是15年前的事了 |
[31:19] | Doesn’t matter when it happened. Only that it happened. | 不管过去多少年 终究是个污点 |
[31:21] | It didn’t happen. | 根本是莫须有 |
[31:23] | I was the victim. | 我当年才是受害者 |
[31:28] | Chloe Lamb was a student of mine. She was delusional. | 克洛伊·兰博当时是我的学生 她有臆想症 |
[31:31] | She had a history of mental illness. But I tried to help her. | 她曾患有精神疾病 我只是想帮她 |
[31:35] | She became obsessed with me. | 她却迷恋上了我 |
[31:38] | But nothing happened. | 但仅此而已 |
[31:40] | This was dealt with internally. | 学校内部解决了 |
[31:46] | The board are going to be meeting here this afternoon | 今天下午在此召开校董会 |
[31:47] | to reassess your application. | 重新评估你的任职资格 |
[31:50] | It’ll be handled correctly. | 我们会公正评判 |
[31:53] | David, you’re gonna tell me right now. | 大卫 你说实话 |
[31:57] | Is there anything else I need to know? | 你还有别的事瞒着我吗 |
[32:02] | No. | 没了 |
[32:20] | This is David Maddox. Please leave me a message. | 我是大卫·麦多克斯 有事请留言 |
[32:23] | David, it’s Walter. | 大卫 我是沃特 |
[32:25] | I wanted to make you aware that the board is still undecided | 我就想知会你一声 校董会还在商议 |
[32:28] | how best to proceed with your application. | 是否同意你的教职申请 |
[32:30] | I know you deny the allegation, but… | 虽然你否认了相关指控 但是 |
[32:33] | Well, the fact that Chloe Lamb… | 克洛伊·兰博之事 |
[32:36] | Well, what she did after… | 她事后自杀一事 |
[32:38] | It makes it very difficult for some members to reconcile. | 有些校董对此颇有微词 |
[32:42] | And it makes it difficult for me, too. | 我也很难做 |
[32:45] | We’ll have a final decision in a day or two. | 我们一两天后会做出裁决 |
[33:37] | I only ever truly loved one person. | 我只爱过一个人 |
[33:41] | We did everything together. | 我们曾经亲密无间 |
[33:44] | And then she went to college and fell for her professor. | 她上大学后 爱上了她的教授 |
[33:52] | You do know me. | 我们确实认识 |
[33:54] | What I want… is for you to be alone. | 我想让你孤寡一生 |
[33:58] | To be alone and wondering why someone would do this to you. | 孤独终老 反省自己的过错 |
[34:01] | – You sent me pictures. – What pictures? | -你给我发了照片 -什么照片 |
[34:03] | Get off me! | 放开我 |
[34:06] | Why are you doing this? | 你为什么针对我 |
[34:08] | For love, of course. | 自然是为了爱啊 |
[35:18] | If you didn’t want to be found, maybe you should have paid for the room in cash. | 你要想躲 就别刷卡开房啊 |
[35:21] | Jodie. | 朱蒂 |
[35:27] | Where is it? | 在哪里 |
[35:30] | The phone? | 手机呢 |
[35:32] | Where is it? Where is it? Where is the phone? | 手机在哪儿 |
[35:38] | Where’s the phone? | 手机呢 |
[35:45] | You cloned my phone. | 你克隆了我的手机 |
[35:48] | Unlock it. Unlock it. | 解锁 快解锁 |
[35:50] | Unlock it now! | 赶紧解锁 |
[35:52] | Unlock it! | 快解锁 |
[36:01] | I could scream. | 我喊人了 |
[36:02] | No one would come. | 不会有人搭理你 |
[36:05] | Unlock it. | 解锁 |
[36:23] | I did her a favor. Now she’s safe. | 我这是帮她脱离你的魔爪 |
[36:29] | You weren’t going to delete any of these. | 你根本没打算删除黑料 |
[36:34] | What were you going to do? | 你原本打算怎么做 |
[36:38] | Tell me. | 快说 |
[36:44] | Convince Hannah Green to make an official complaint. | 说服汉娜·格林投诉你 |
[36:48] | Release the pictures to the board members. | 把照片发给校董会成员 |
[36:53] | Why? | 为什么 |
[36:56] | I wanna destroy your life the way you destroyed my sister’s. | 你毁了我妹的人生 我也要毁了你 |
[37:02] | You knew she was vulnerable, | 你明知她很单纯 |
[37:03] | and you told her everything she needed to hear so you could sleep with her. | 你对她虚情假意 就为了睡她 |
[37:11] | It didn’t happen like that. | 根本不是这样 |
[37:12] | It happened exactly like that. | 事实就是如此 |
[37:14] | And when she became a problem, | 你摆脱不掉她 |
[37:16] | you made up lies about her, | 就编造谎言抹黑她 |
[37:18] | and had her kicked out of college just to protect your career. | 害她退学 就为保住你的饭碗 |
[37:23] | I had to break down the door… | 我强行破门后 |
[37:26] | – I loved her. – Don’t you dare. | -我爱过她 -别来这一套 |
[37:28] | – I loved her. – Don’t! | -我爱过她 -你不配 |
[37:29] | – And when we broke up… – No. | -我们分手后 -住口 |
[37:31] | – She went crazy. I was trying to help her. – No, no. | -她就精神失常了 我当时是想帮她 -住口 |
[37:33] | – What was I supposed to do? – No, no, no! | -我还能怎么办 -你撒谎 |
[37:37] | She’s dead because of you, David. | 她是因你而死 大卫 |
[37:42] | My sister wasn’t suicidal until she met you. | 因为结识了你 我妹才要死要活 |
[37:48] | You hacked into an encrypted company database and stole information. | 你黑入了加密的公司数据库并窃取了客户信息 |
[37:53] | I could go to the police. | 我可以报警 |
[37:55] | And you’d go to jail for a long time. | 让你坐穿牢底 |
[37:58] | You go to the police and your wife will know what you did. | 你一旦报警 你做的好事就瞒不住你老婆了 |
[38:02] | She’ll know about us, too. | 我们的事也瞒不住她了 |
[38:04] | How does tenure work in that scenario? | 这样你还怎么申请终身教职 |
[38:11] | If I’m really the monster you think I am, | 要是我真有你想象中那么心狠手辣 |
[38:13] | you better let this go right now. | 你最好赶紧收手 |
[38:17] | Because I won’t just… go after you… | 因为我不止会找你算账 |
[38:21] | I looked you up, Jodie. | 我查过你了 朱蒂 |
[38:23] | I did my research. | 我都查过了 |
[38:25] | I’ll go after your wife, Beth. | 我还会对付你的妻子 贝斯 |
[38:30] | And your little boy. | 还有你的儿子 |
[38:34] | That’s right. | 没错 |
[38:36] | I know who you are. | 我知道你的底细了 |
[38:38] | And you’re not taking anything from me. | 你休想毁了我的人生 |
[39:26] | The Lovers by Magritte. | 马格利特的《恋人》 |
[39:29] | Some argue it tells the story of frustrated desire. | 有人认为这幅画描绘了爱而不得 |
[39:35] | Others believe in its romance. | 有人则认为是一种美好爱恋 |
[39:38] | A lover’s passionate embrace. | 热烈的爱 紧紧相拥 |
[39:42] | So which is it? | 到底是哪一种呢 |
[39:47] | Perhaps we should ask the painter himself? | 也许我们该问一下画家本人 |
[39:50] | Magritte… | 马格利特 |
[39:54] | 恭喜您获得终身教职 麦多克斯教授 | |
[39:57] | Thank you. Thank you. Thank you. | 谢谢 谢谢大家 |
[39:59] | But please, do not mess with my presentation. | 但拜托别乱改我的讲义 |
[40:01] | If you would like to congratulate me, a simple cash gift will suffice. | 若想恭喜我 包个红包就行了 |
[40:06] | All right. Now. Where were we? | 好啦 继续讲 |
[40:10] | Magritte always insisted that The Lovers had no story. | 马格利特一直声称《恋人》背后无深意 |
[40:13] | But what of Magritte himself? | 马格利特本人有什么经历呢 |
[40:15] | What about his story? | 他的一生又是怎样呢 |
[40:19] | Unlock it. | 解锁 |
[40:22] | – Unlock it now! – No. | -赶紧解锁 -不 |
[40:25] | Stop presentation. This is some… | 快停下 简直胡闹 |
[40:31] | Class dismissed. Everyone get out of here. | 下课了 大家都走吧 |
[40:33] | Class is dismissed. Everyone go home. This is a joke. | 下课了 快走吧 我们闹着玩呢 |
[40:36] | This is a rude joke. | 闹过头了 |
[40:39] | No one would come. | 不会有人搭理你 |
[40:50] | Please. class dismissed, everyone. Please go. | 拜托 下课了 你们快走吧 |
[40:55] | Get out of here! Get out of here! | 快走 走啊 |
[41:02] | David. | 大卫 |
[41:04] | David! | 大卫 |
[41:06] | – David! – Honey… | -大卫 -亲爱的 |
[41:19] | David? What did you do? | 大卫 你干了什么好事 |
[41:26] | You look like a monster! | 你就像个禽兽 |