时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:25] | Calm yourself, Commander. | 镇定点,指挥官. |
[00:27] | We are about to meet an alien race in person for the first time. | 我们正要第一次私下和 一支外星种族首次会面, |
[00:30] | If you are correct they are advanced | 如果你是对的,他们比我们更为先进, |
[00:32] | and capable of being a threat. | 而且有能力形成重大威胁, |
[00:34] | That gives me reason to be on the alert. | 这让我有高度戒备的充分理由. |
[00:37] | Since the discovery of the ruins | 自从发现这座庙的遗迹后, |
[00:38] | we have had reason to believe | 我们有理由相信 – |
[00:40] | that there are other inhabited planets in the galaxy, | – 银河系中有其他有人居住的星球, |
[00:43] | and now we have our proof. | 而如今我们将得到证明. |
[00:45] | I am relieved that the very first contact that we have made | 我呢,是非常相信这个首度会面的 |
[00:49] | is with a race of humans that seem to be very like us. | 人类种族 和我们是极为相似的. |
[00:52] | Maybe you trust them without suspicion. I cannot. | 也许你全心全意信任他们, 但我可不. |
[00:55] | Nevertheless, Commander, we must proceed. | 就算这样,指挥官, 我们还是要继续进行. |
[01:07] | They are sending their most respected team of representatives. | 他们派出他们最受尊敬的队伍作为代表, |
[01:10] | No doubt the leader of this group | 毫无疑问的, 这位领队一定 |
[01:13] | will be a brilliant and savvy negotiator. | 是位杰出机智的协商者. |
[01:16] | We must be at our best to match the challenge. | 我们必须全力以赴迎接这个挑战. |
[01:18] | Personally, I cannot wait to meet a man of such genius. | 以我个人来说,我已经迫不及待的 等这些天才来了. |
[01:28] | Howdy, folks. | 好啊,伙计们! |
[01:48] | – Nice. – Thank you, Colonel. | – 不错耶. – 谢谢你,上校. |
[01:50] | We would be happy to take you on a tour of our city, | 我们会很乐于带你们对 我们的城市作一趟完全巡礼, |
[01:53] | but first we’d like to spend a little time | 但首先我们想花点时间 |
[01:56] | talking about our mutual interests, | 谈谈双方共同的兴趣, |
[01:58] | so please, please, sit. | 所以请,请坐…. |
[02:04] | To be honest, we are still trying to adjust to the fact | 说实在的,我们还在努力调适 – |
[02:08] | that our Stargate, as you call it, | – 面对我们的..星际之门, 你们是这么称呼它的. |
[02:11] | is no longer a mere relic of a bygone era. | 已经不再是一座过去所留下的纯粹的古迹. |
[02:15] | It was a shock when your communication machine appeared last month. | 当上个月你们的通讯机器出现时 是令人极为震惊的. |
[02:19] | First contact can be unnerving. | 第一次的联络情况是有些让人气馁的. |
[02:21] | We are all very pleased to finally get the chance | 我们非常高兴最后终于有机会 |
[02:24] | to talk face to face. | 面对面谈话. |
[02:25] | From our study of the temple we were able to deduce | 从我们对古庙的研究, |
[02:28] | the Stargate was an interplanetary transportation device. | 我们能够推论出星际之门 是星球间的传输装置. |
[02:32] | We haven’t determined how to make a connection | 但我们无法判断出 – |
[02:34] | with the many worlds described in the writings in the temple. | – 如何和庙中所记述的许多世界进行联系. |
[02:38] | It took us a while to get the hang of it, too. | 我们也是花了一阵子才搞清楚的. |
[02:41] | We know the symbols on the Stargate are the key, | 我们知道星际之门上的记号是关键, |
[02:43] | but as for the number sequence to enter in the dialling device… | 但至于键入拨号装置的数目和顺序… |
[02:47] | We can definitely help you out there. | 我们绝对能帮你们这点. |
[02:50] | Once we get to know you a little better. | 一旦我们更认识你们之后… |
[02:55] | Oh, yes, well, of course. | 喔,是的,当然. |
[02:57] | We intend to allow you full access to | 我们愿意让你们全面了解我们, |
[03:00] | our citizens, our history, our culture, | 我们的人民,历史,文化… |
[03:02] | so that you may come to trust us. | 那你们也许能信任我们. |
[03:04] | I hope we can reciprocate. | 我希望我们能报答. |
[03:08] | We also want to make it clear | 我们也想清楚表示, |
[03:10] | that we intend to offer all that we can in trade | 我们会提供一切所有, |
[03:12] | for any knowledge or technology that you are willing to share. | 以交换你们愿意分享的任何知识和科技. |
[03:26] | – Qu’est-ce que c’est? – We call it tretonin, Colonel. | – 什么? – 我们叫它萃托宁,上校. |
[03:31] | – It is our greatest scientific discovery. – How so? | – 它是我们最伟大的科学发明. – 怎么说? |
[03:36] | Major Carter, from what you have told me about your world, | 卡特少校, 就你告诉我你们星球上的状况, |
[03:41] | your people suffer from a myriad of illnesses. | 你们的族人具有无数的疾病, |
[03:44] | Many of them are untreatable. | 而许多病是无药可医的. |
[03:46] | Tretonin makes our immune systems impervious to any ailment. | 萃托宁让我们的免疫系统 能对抗任何疾病, |
[03:54] | We live in perfect health. | 我们活得非常健康. |
[05:01] | Stargate.SG1-s06e10.Cure | |
[05:10] | What is it you hope to achieve here? | 你希望在这里达成什么目的,乔纳斯? |
[05:13] | If we’re gonna learn about these people, start at the beginning. | 我想如果我们要了解这些人, 最好就是从一切开始的地方开始. |
[05:16] | Earthans. | (女声) 地球人! |
[05:19] | Uh, Earthlings… sort of. | 呃,是”地球的人”.算是吧. |
[05:23] | I am Zenna Valk, supervisor of the temple research project. | 我是泽纳 沃尔克, 神庙研究计画的监督. |
[05:28] | It is a pleasure to meet the explorers from Earth. | 很高兴能和来自地球的探险家会面. |
[05:31] | We’re not originally from there. | 唔,我们并不真的是来自那里的. |
[05:33] | However, we have dedicated ourselves to the cause of the Tauri. | 然而我们将自己奉献给塔瑞的人民. |
[05:40] | Earth. | 地球. |
[05:41] | Am I at least correct in assuming you are Jaffa? | 我没错的话你是个贾法? |
[05:44] | – Indeed. – I cannot tell you how exciting this is. | – 正是. – 我无法告诉你们这有多令人兴奋. |
[05:48] | We have learned much from this site, | 我们从这个地点学到很多, |
[05:50] | but it must pale in comparison to what you can teach us. | 但跟你们能教给我们的相比 一定大为逊色. |
[05:54] | I don’t know, | 那我就不清楚了 |
[05:54] | but we’d love it if you showed us around. | 但如果你能带我们到处看看的话,我们会很高兴的. |
[05:57] | By all means. That was my intention. | 当然了,这正是我的目的. |
[06:00] | We first discovered these ruins over 100 years ago, | 我们约在一百多年前首次发现这些废墟, |
[06:03] | and since then we’ve dedicated ourselves to studying | 在那之后我们就全力研究 |
[06:07] | the secrets the Goa’uld left behind. | 勾阿呜留下的秘密. |
[06:09] | This area was obviously some sort of reception colonnade | 这区显然是某种的欢迎列柱, |
[06:13] | for greeting travellers who came through the Stargate. | 迎接穿过星际之门的旅行者. |
[06:17] | The real discovery was made just over here. | 而真正的发现就在那边. |
[06:21] | Although we fully admit tretonin is not without side effects, | 虽然我们承认萃托宁是有副作用的, |
[06:25] | we assure you, the good it can do far outweighs any negative aspects. | 但我们保证, 它的好处远超过负面作用. |
[06:30] | What kind of side effects? | 我们说的是怎样的副作用? |
[06:32] | Depends on the individual. Most people experience almost no reaction. | 那视个人而定, 大多数人对它几乎没有反应. |
[06:36] | Those who do merely require more regulated doses. | 而少数有反应的也 只需要限制剂量即可. |
[06:40] | – We’ll need a decent amount for testing. – On Earth, of course. | – 我们需要一定的量来进行检验. – 是在地球上做. |
[06:44] | Yes, certainly. | 是,当然了. |
[06:46] | Of course, we need something in return from you, | 我们当然也需要你们回报一些事情, |
[06:49] | as a measure of good faith. | 像是展示诚意. |
[06:51] | We can give you these ten addresses and a lesson in gate technology. | 我们授权交给你们这十个地址 和大门科技的初级课程. |
[06:56] | These are peaceful worlds, safe from hostile forces, | 它们都是和平的星球,没有敌人, |
[06:59] | rich with historical relics and natural resources. | 富含历史遗迹和自然资源. |
[07:02] | Well, this is a very generous offer, Major, very generous. | 这真是非常慷慨的赠礼, 少校,非常慷慨. |
[07:05] | However, based on our studies of the writings in the temple, | .然而基于我们对庙中记载的研究, |
[07:09] | we have compiled a list of the names of the worlds | 我们也列出一些 |
[07:12] | that we would like to visit. | 我们想去的星球. |
[07:20] | Do you recognise any? | 你认得任何一个吗? |
[07:22] | I’ll have to cross-reference the Goa’uld names with our database, | 我得和我们基地主机里 星际之门地址的 – |
[07:25] | but offhand, I recognise these three, sir. | 勾阿呜名称进行交叉比对, 但目前我认得这三个,长官 |
[07:30] | They’re classified off limits, Goa’uld home worlds. | 它们被列为禁区, 勾阿呜的家乡. |
[07:33] | Yeah, uh… fellas, | 对.呃,伙计们… |
[07:35] | you really don’t wanna go here. | 你们不会想要去这里的, |
[07:37] | It’s not exactly a walk in the park. | 这可不是像在公园里散步.你懂我意思吗? |
[07:39] | We know the Goa’uld are a hostile race | 我们知道勾阿呜是敌对的种族, |
[07:42] | that once ruled this planet centuries ago. | 且在几世纪前一度统治过这个星球. |
[07:45] | You’re new, so I’ll cut you a break… | 好吧,你们是新手,所以我直截了当… |
[07:47] | Those are the worlds we wish to explore. | 这些是我们想去的星球. |
[07:50] | We believe that they are significant to our history. | 我们相信它们对我们的历史相当重要. |
[07:54] | Guys, we’re not lying to you about this. | 听着,各位,我们不是在骗你们, |
[07:56] | You don’t wanna go there first time out. | 你们不会 想在第一次出门就到那种地方的,相信我. |
[07:59] | If you have been to these worlds and survived, can we not? | 如果你们到过那儿还活着回来, 凭什么我们不行? |
[08:04] | All I’m trying to say to you is it would be stupid. | 我想告诉你们的是… 那么做太愚蠢了. |
[08:09] | We are aware of the risks | 我们清楚风险, |
[08:10] | and believe the rewards are worth the consequences, | 也相信为了所能 得到的报酬是值得一试的, |
[08:13] | as you and your people obviously do, Colonel. | 就跟你们一样,上校. |
[08:16] | Please, Colonel, in exchange for the tretonin, | 拜托,上校,作为萃托宁的交换, |
[08:20] | we are simply asking that you respect our wishes. | 我们只是要你能尊重我们的愿望. |
[08:33] | There is an underground tunnel system that leads to the main temple. | 这儿有个地底通道系统通往主庙. |
[08:37] | It is most likely a means of escape to the Stargate in case of attack. | 这比较像是预防在遭到攻击时 逃往星际之门的方式. |
[08:41] | That’s exactly what I thought. Please. | 我就是这么想的!请. |
[08:50] | The writing in this chamber seems to tell the story | 这房间的文字看起来是说一个 |
[08:54] | of the Goa’uld who ruled here. | 曾经统治这里的勾阿呜的故事. |
[08:59] | We’ve been attempting to decipher this section of the wall for months, | 我们花了好几个月想 解读这面墙的这一部分, |
[09:03] | thus far with limited success. | 到目前为止成绩有限. |
[09:06] | It is written in a rare dialect of ancient Goa’uld. | 这是用少见的古老的 勾阿呜方言所写的… |
[09:10] | An account of the warlord Shak’ran. | 是夏克朗军阀的记载. |
[09:13] | He was a System Lord who was defeated by Apophis about 300 years ago. | 他是个系统领主, 大约在300年前被阿波菲斯打败. |
[09:17] | Indeed. | 没错. |
[09:19] | Until his defeat, it appears Pangar served as Shak’ran’s home world. | 在他被击败之前显然畔伽是当成他的家乡. |
[09:23] | And what of the Goa’uld Apophis, the one who conquered Shak’ran? | 那个征服夏克朗的勾阿呜 阿波菲斯后来怎样了? |
[09:28] | He was killed in battle not long ago. | 他死于一场战斗,不久之前. |
[09:31] | As I suspected, you have much wisdom to share. | 就跟我想的一样, 你们有很多智慧可以分享. |
[09:36] | Teal’c and I will help with the translations. | 提亚克和我非常乐于帮你翻译. |
[09:39] | I’ve got a dozen ancient ciphers I can try. | 我至少有一打的古文翻译方法可以试试. |
[09:41] | Please, I do not wish to be overheard | 拜托..我不想 |
[09:44] | by the Pangar security contingent. | 让畔伽保安队偷听到, |
[09:48] | There is something you need to know about the tretonin. | 你们必须知道关于萃托宁的一些事情 |
[09:52] | Please, come with me | 请跟我来 |
[09:53] | and I will finish showing you the rest of the ruins. | 我会带你们看完剩下的废墟. |
[09:59] | I will try to talk to you later. | 我们有机会再谈. |
[10:14] | She said there was something we needed to know about tretonin. | 她说我们必须知道关于萃托宁的一些事情 |
[10:18] | She seemed to be worried about these guys, | 她看来很担心那些人, |
[10:21] | like she was going out on a limb | 好像她迫不得已要告诉我们 |
[10:23] | talking about something other than hieroglyphs. | 关于勾阿呜象形文字以外的事情. |
[10:25] | Keep digging. See what you can find. | (欧尼尔) 好吧,你们继续打听. 看看能发现什么. |
[10:28] | Carter and I will take this sample back to the SGC. | 卡特和我要把这样本带回星门指挥部. |
[10:48] | – Jonas. – Dr Valk. | – 乔纳斯. – 沃尔克博士. |
[10:50] | – Please, call me Zenna. – How’s it coming? | – 拜托,叫我泽纳. – 进展如何了? |
[10:54] | It’s slow and painstaking. Any help you’re willing to give me… | 既慢又费力. 任何你愿意给我的帮助… |
[10:58] | Certainly. I brought those ciphers I was telling you about. | 我把那些我告诉你的译解方法带来了. |
[11:04] | Looks like we’re alone. | 看来我们是单独在这儿的. |
[11:09] | What do you suppose this means? | 你觉得这是什么意思? |
[11:12] | You said that there | 你说有些萃托宁的事 |
[11:13] | was something we needed to know about the tretonin. | 是我们应该知道的. |
[11:18] | I’m sorry. You must have misunderstood. | 很抱歉,你一定是误解了. |
[11:23] | No, I think you were pretty clear. | 我想你说的很清楚… |
[11:27] | No one’s coming. Teal’c is up there standing guard. | 没人会下来,提亚克在上面站岗. |
[11:31] | You can talk to me. | 你可以跟我说. |
[11:32] | – I don’t have anything to say. – Hey, Zenna. | – 我没什么要说的. – 嘿, 泽纳. |
[11:35] | – If you know something… – No, I don’t. | – 如果你知道什么… – 我什么都不知道! |
[11:52] | – That was strange. – What did Zenna Valk have to say? | – 怪了. – 泽纳 沃尔克说了些什么? |
[11:56] | Nothing. | 什么都没有. |
[11:58] | Someone must have gotten to her. | 一定有人警告她了. |
[12:55] | Right away. | (男声) 马上. |
[13:20] | I think I got something. She’s on tretonin. | 我想我查到了一些事情. 她有在使用萃托宁. |
[13:22] | – It looks like she has regular injections. – Continue. | – 看来她似乎定期接受注射. – 继续. |
[13:26] | I was thinking we go and check out the place they get their shots. | 我想我们到他们接受注射的地方查查, |
[13:30] | I found a map of the city. I’m pretty sure I can get us there. | 我发现一张城市的地图, 我确定我能找到那里. |
[13:33] | Let’s do it. | 我们走. |
[14:15] | Looks like this is where they actually make the drug, | 看起来这是它们实际上制作 |
[14:18] | as well as administer it. | 以及管理药物的地方 |
[14:20] | This way. | 往这边. |
[14:30] | What is it? | (乔纳斯) 那是什么? |
[14:32] | I am not sure. | (提亚克) 我不确定. |
[14:38] | Well, something tells me this isn’t the rec room. | (乔纳斯) 反正我觉得这不会是候诊室. |
[14:41] | No, it is not. | (提亚克) 不,不是. |
[15:00] | – There’s something living in there. – Goa’uld symbiotes. | – 下面有养东西. – 勾阿呜共生体. |
[15:06] | – Are you sure? – Yes. | – 你确定吗? – 确定… |
[15:09] | And there are a great many. | 而且有非常多. |
[15:14] | What are they doing? | 他们在搞什么? |
[15:17] | Who’s there? Identify yourselves. | 谁在那里?表明身分! |
[15:25] | Stop | 停下来! |
[15:34] | Teal’c | 提亚克 |
[16:19] | – He’s got one in him. – Stand aside. | – 有一只进去了! – 站开. |
[16:23] | Lower your weapon | 放下你的武器! |
[16:26] | – This man is a Goa’uld. – Teal’c, something’s not right. | – 这人是个勾阿呜. – 提亚克,事情不太对劲. |
[16:31] | – This guy’s completely out of it. – Lower your weapon now | – 这个人完全失去知觉了. – (男声) 马上放下你的武器! |
[16:50] | Care to say why you were at the tretonin facility? | 你能不能告诉我们你们 跑到萃托宁工厂干什么? |
[16:53] | You wanna tell us why you have a pool full of Goa’uld symbiotes? | 你能不能告诉我们为何你有 满满一池勾阿呜共生体?! |
[16:57] | – You’ve betrayed our openness with you. – Openness? | – 你们违背了我们对你们的坦率. – 坦率? |
[17:01] | You’re raising Goa’ulds. When were you gonna tell us? | 你们在养勾阿呜哎! 你什么时候跟我们说过? |
[17:04] | The symbiotes are a critical component to making tretonin. | 共生体是制造萃托宁的关键成分. |
[17:07] | Excuse me? | 你说什么? |
[17:09] | It is a complicated process, | 那是很复杂的程序, |
[17:10] | one which is better explained by our scientists. | 最好由我们的科学家来解释. |
[17:13] | Frankly, we intended to tell you | 坦白说,我们最后会告诉 你们 |
[17:15] | how the tretonin was made, eventually. | 萃托宁是怎么制造的, |
[17:17] | We just wanted to first assess how you might react. | 我们只是想先评估一下 你们会怎么反应. |
[17:21] | – Not well. – I don’t know why you’re taking offence. | – 不好的反应. – 我不懂你们干嘛那么生气. |
[17:25] | You’ve told us. The Goa’uld are enemies | 你们告诉我们勾阿呜是人类的敌人 |
[17:27] | who have enslaved countless humans. | 他们奴役无数的人们. |
[17:29] | Where is the harm in using them to enhance our quality of life? | 那拿他们来提高我们的 生活品质有什么不好? |
[17:34] | Do you really understand the risks? | 你们真的了解这种风险吗? |
[17:36] | We have used the same method to produce tretonin for nearly 30 years. | 我们用同样的方法制造萃托宁快30年了. |
[17:40] | We take every precaution possible. | 我们采取了所有可能措施来保护我们的人. |
[17:43] | How were these symbiotes procured? | 那些共生体是打哪来的? |
[17:45] | For people who haven’t mastered gate travel, | 没错,对不会大门旅行的人来说, |
[17:48] | you’ve sure got a lot of them. | 你们有的可真多. |
[17:51] | We require answers before sharing any further information. | 我们在分享更多星际之门的 资料之前需要答案. |
[17:54] | We have already told you everything that is necessary. | 我们已经告诉你们 有必要知道的每一件事了. |
[17:59] | Tegar, the colonel is right. | 泰伽,上校是对的. |
[18:03] | There is no reason to keep more secrets. | 没有必要保留秘密了. |
[18:07] | The drug was developed and is now manufactured and administered here. | 这药是在此研发的, 如今也在这里生产和施打. |
[18:12] | And since its use has spread to more of the general population, | 而自它开始使用 并逐渐普及到一般大众时, |
[18:15] | we’ve implemented treatment centres throughout Pangar. | 我们在畔伽各处,增加了更多的治疗中心. |
[18:19] | Through here is the reason we were able to | 这就是我们起初 |
[18:22] | create tretonin in the first place. | 能够制造萃托宁的原因 |
[18:25] | The symbiotes were not procured through gate travel. | 这里的共生体并不是 经由”大门旅行”所得来的. |
[18:31] | Our symbiotes are all bred here, in captivity. | 我们的共生体全是由这里来的. |
[18:47] | A queen. | (提亚克) 一个女王. |
[18:50] | No kidding. | 不是盖的哎. |
[18:57] | Is there nothing you can do to help him? | 你们没办法帮他吗? |
[19:00] | – What’s his condition? – His lower-brain functions seem intact, | – 他的情形怎样? – 他的下脑部功能看来完整, |
[19:03] | his breathing and heart rate are normal, | 呼吸和心跳也都正常, |
[19:06] | but he is unresponsive to any stimulus. | 但对任何刺激都没有反应. |
[19:08] | It doesn’t make sense. | 这不合理啊. |
[19:11] | Teal’c? | 提亚克? |
[19:14] | Prior to the process of incubating Goa’uld symbiotes using Jaffa, | 勾阿呜共生体孵化的 前期是利用贾法, |
[19:17] | the blending between Goa’uld and host | 而勾阿呜和宿主的结合 |
[19:20] | had only a one-in-two chance of success. | 只有一半的成功率. |
[19:22] | Jaffa were created to improve the ability of the symbiote | 贾法是创造来改善共生体 |
[19:26] | to take human hosts. | 取得人类宿主的能力的. |
[19:27] | The fact that this symbiote | 所以这些共生体是在水槽里养大的关系, |
[19:29] | was raised in a tank could explain the comalike state? | 可能会造成这种类似昏迷的情形罗? |
[19:32] | To the best of my knowledge, a failed blending results in death | 就我所知,失败的结合会导致 – |
[19:36] | to both Goa’uld and host. | – 共生体和宿主双双死亡, |
[19:39] | This man is very much alive. | 这个人还活生生的. |
[19:43] | Our understanding is that this is a typical reaction | 我们所知道的是 |
[19:47] | to contact with Goa’uld offspring. | 这是和 勾阿呜后代接触的典型反应. |
[19:49] | A Goa’uld offspring is born with | 一个勾阿呜后代是出生就带有 |
[19:51] | the intellect and knowledge of its queen. | 生它的女王所有的智力和知识. |
[19:54] | Normally the personality emerges, | 一般会显露出完整发展的性格, |
[19:56] | allowing the symbiote to control the host immediately upon blending. | 让共生体在结合后可以立即控制宿主. |
[20:01] | Glowing eyes, cliche behaviour, evilness. | 眼睛发光,差劲行为,邪恶… |
[20:04] | – That kind of thing. – This one’s more of a blank slate. | – 那类的东西. – 这个根本是一片空白. |
[20:08] | Is it possible that the production | 有可能是生产和生长的过程中 |
[20:10] | process hinders the development of the symbiote? | 阻碍了共生体的发展吗? |
[20:13] | I do not know. | 这我不知道. |
[20:15] | I recommend we contact the Tok’ra. | (卡特) 上校, 我建议我们联络托克拉. |
[20:18] | They may understand this condition. | 他们也许对这个人的情况会有更多了解, |
[20:21] | They might be able to take the symbiote out. | 至少他们也许可以从他身上取出共生体. |
[20:23] | Uh, I’m sorry, who are the Tok’ra? | 抱歉,谁是托克拉? |
[20:27] | An offshoot of the Goa’uld | 基本上他们是勾阿呜的一个旁系, |
[20:28] | who oppose them philosophically in every way. | 在任何方面都和他们相反. |
[20:32] | You propose to bring these Goa’uld here? | 你要把勾阿呜带来这里? |
[20:36] | They’re different. They coexist with their hosts | 他们是非常不一样的,他们和宿主共存, |
[20:39] | in a truer symbiotic relationship. | 是比较真实的共生关系. |
[20:41] | They are, in fact, allies. | 他们其实是,盟友. |
[20:45] | – And they can help? – We’ll see. | – 他们能帮上忙吗? – 看看吧. |
[20:55] | – Hi. – Hello. | – 嗨. – 哈罗. |
[20:58] | I have an admission. You know Teal’c and I | 我要招认,你知道我和提亚克 |
[21:02] | tracked down the tretonin facility. | 追查到萃托宁工厂. |
[21:05] | Yes, I heard. | 对,我听说了. |
[21:07] | Yeah. | 是啊. |
[21:09] | Well, I did it by going through your stuff when you weren’t here. | 我这么做是因为我趁你不在 这里的时候来偷翻你的东西, |
[21:13] | – I was wrong. – I know. | – 我错了. – 我知道. |
[21:15] | You know it was wrong or… | 你知道我错了,还是?… |
[21:17] | I know what you did. I saw you. | 我知道你干了什么…我看到你了. |
[21:19] | Really? Cos I thought that we were… | 真的?我以为我们… |
[21:22] | – Not so good. – No? | – 不怎么高明. – 真的? |
[21:26] | – But you didn’t try and stop us. – No. I wanted you to know. | – 但你没试图阻止我们… – 对,我要你知道. |
[21:29] | In some ways, I’m glad you did what you did. | 在某方面我很高兴你做了该做的事. |
[21:32] | In others, I’m disappointed you were so willing to betray me. | 但另一方面, 我则为你毫不犹豫就背叛我而感到失望. |
[21:37] | Well, no, I never would have done this had you not come to me first. | 你要知道,如果不是你先来 找我的话我是不会这么做的. |
[21:41] | I should have told you outright. I was afraid. | 我该坦白告诉你们的.我很害怕. |
[21:46] | Tretonin is not available to everyone in Pangar yet. | 萃托宁在畔伽上 并不是每个人都能用的, |
[21:49] | Taking it is a privilege, one that can be revoked. | 能接种它是一种特权… 是可以废止的. |
[21:55] | – I hope I didn’t get you in trouble. – No. | – 我希望没让你惹上麻烦. – 没有. |
[21:58] | But our relationship, our peoples’ relationship, | 但我们的关系, 我们两个种族间的关系, |
[22:02] | if we ever are to trust each other… | 如果我们曾经彼此信任过的话… |
[22:07] | we’re not off to a very good start. | 我们并没有很好的开始. |
[22:10] | I know. | 我知道. |
[22:12] | You could make it up to me. | 你可以弥补我. |
[22:18] | – How? – Help me finish the translations. | – 怎么做? – 帮我完成这墓中的翻译. |
[22:22] | It is as though the symbiote in this man has taken a host | 人体内的共生体好像是在它成熟到 – |
[22:26] | before it was mature enough to do so. | – 有能力进行寄生前就进去了. |
[22:28] | And yet our scans indicate it to be a full-grown adult. Most puzzling. | 而我们的扫描显示它已经完全长成了. 真是怪异. |
[22:32] | Can you account for its lack of identity? | 你们能不能推测它为何缺乏个性? |
[22:35] | Memory is passed on genetically by the queen, | 你们知道的, 记忆是由女王以基因遗传方式 – |
[22:38] | so they are born with the collective knowledge of their lineage. | – 给它们自己家系所得到的知识. |
[22:42] | It is possible the queen that spawned him | 有可能生它的女王 |
[22:45] | was unable to pass on this information. | 不能 把这种资料传递给她的后代. |
[22:47] | Unable? | 不能? |
[22:50] | The knowledge imparted on her young by a queen is done so voluntarily. | 把知识传给后代是看女王是否愿意的. |
[22:54] | If nothing were passed on to a symbiote it would be, | 如果没有东西传递给这个共生体的话, |
[22:58] | as you say, an empty vessel. | 像你们说的,它不过是个空壳罢了. |
[23:01] | Can you remove it without harming the host? | 你们能取出它而不伤害宿主吗? |
[23:05] | Possibly, although such a procedure would be dangerous. | 可能,虽然这种过程是有危险性的. |
[23:13] | We would like to see the queen that spawned this Goa’uld. | 我们想看看生这个勾阿呜的女王. |
[23:21] | Not a pretty sight, even for a Goa’uld, huh? | 就算是对勾阿呜而言 也不怎么好看吧,吭? |
[23:25] | – She is extremely old. – She has been kept this way for decades? | – 她非常老了. – 她像这样几十年了? |
[23:30] | The Pangarans began using her | 畔伽人说他们在50多年前 |
[23:32] | for medical experiments over 50 years ago. | 开始拿她做医学实验, |
[23:36] | She’s been breeding symbiotes | 大概有一半以上的时间她生的 共生体 |
[23:38] | to make tretonin for more than half that time. | 被用来制造萃托宁. |
[23:41] | All right. Now, how is that possible? | (欧尼尔) 好了,这怎么可能? |
[23:44] | I mean, how does she make kids without a… man friend? | 我是说她怎么生的出孩子, 没有…男朋友? |
[23:52] | Symbiote queens can fertilise their own eggs. | 共生体女王能替她们的卵自体受精. |
[23:54] | It is essentially an asexual process. | 这是基本的无性生殖. |
[23:58] | Is that why you guys take hosts? | 那你们干嘛要宿主? |
[24:01] | It is impressive that a primitive human culture | 想不到这么原始的人类文明 |
[24:05] | could develop such a drug. | 能够研发出这种药物来,真令人惊讶. |
[24:07] | Does it bother you that they use Goa’ulds like this? | 他们这样利用勾阿呜 难道不会让你们不舒服吗? |
[24:10] | No. | 不会. |
[24:12] | OK. | 好. |
[24:14] | The Goa’uld have done no worse than this to humans for centuries. | 几世纪来勾阿呜对人类的 所作所为比这个更糟, |
[24:20] | That Pangarans use them for a beneficial result is surprising, | 畔伽人能如此有效的 利用它们是很令人讶异, |
[24:23] | but not morally objectionable to me, if that’s what you mean. | 但在道德上并不会让我不悦, 如果那是你的意思的话. |
[24:30] | I believe her condition | 我相信她的情况是 |
[24:32] | is the reason her offspring are not mentally developed. | 让她的子代心智无法发展的原因, |
[24:35] | Most unfortunate. | 真是不幸. |
[24:38] | What is it? | 怎么了? |
[24:40] | My scans indicate massive cellular degeneration. | 我的扫描显示严重的细胞退化. |
[24:44] | Quite simply, she is dying. | 简单来说,她快死了. |
[24:51] | I am sorry. The Pangarans | 很抱歉,上校,畔伽人 |
[24:53] | sugar-coated the whole side-effect aspect of the drug. | 把这种药的副作用过于美化了. |
[24:56] | Well, that’s a shock. | 喔,还真让人震惊啊,不是吗? |
[24:58] | While tretonin does cure most diseases, | 萃托宁的确显示能治�K大多数的疾病, |
[25:01] | it creates bigger problems than it solves. | 它产生的问题远大过它所解决的. |
[25:04] | How? | 怎么说? |
[25:05] | The drug acts like a symbiote in many ways. | 这种药在很多方面的作用都像是共生体. |
[25:08] | Upon entering the bloodstream it takes over, | 一旦进入使用者的血液里后它便迅速作用, |
[25:11] | suppressing the immune system. | 完全抑制人类正常的免疫系统. |
[25:14] | The result is a powerful resistance to disease. | 形成有力对抗疾病的结果. |
[25:17] | – But… – The healing effect is not permanent, | – 不过… – 不过这种治疗效果并不是长期的, |
[25:20] | and the user’s immune system remains suppressed. | 但使用者本身的免疫系统 却是一直受到压抑, |
[25:23] | You have to keep taking the drug for it to work. | 你必须一直摄取药物好让它作用. |
[25:26] | We’d never create enough to sustain our population. | 考虑到它的制程,我们永远生产不出足以供应我们全部人口的药量. |
[25:29] | I don’t know how the Pangarans | 我不知道畔伽人是怎么生产出 |
[25:31] | can make enough for theirs. | 足够的量来供给他们的人口的. |
[25:33] | They don’t. Only about 20 per cent are on it. | 他们没有… 只有大概1/4的人有在施打, |
[25:35] | They’re running into a wall as far as production is concerned. | 而他们受限于制造方法, 目前也似乎遇上了瓶颈. |
[25:39] | They’ve sucked the queen dry, Doc. | 他们把那个女王给��乾了,医生. |
[25:42] | According to the Tok’ra, she’s dying. | 照托克拉所说,她快死了. |
[25:45] | As far as I know there’s no way to reverse the drug’s effects. | 就我所知这种药效是无法逆转的, |
[25:49] | If their queen is dying, | 如果像你说的他们的女王快死了, |
[25:50] | it’s a matter of time before anyone living off tretonin | 那么那些目前在摄取萃托宁的人 |
[25:54] | will be facing death as well. | 面临死亡也是早晚的事. |
[25:55] | OK? O’Neill out. | 说完了?欧尼尔结束通话. |
[26:06] | So you wanted the gate addresses to the Goa’uld worlds | 所以你们要勾阿呜世界的大门地址 – |
[26:10] | because you wanted to snag another queen? | – 是因为你们要再弄另一个女王来? |
[26:15] | Colonel, we have no choice but to replace the one we have. | 上校,我们除了找一个来取代 我们目前这个外别无他法. |
[26:18] | Exactly how did you get to this point? | 你们到底是怎么搞到这地步的? |
[26:23] | 60 years ago our archaeologists | 60年前,我们的考古学家 |
[26:26] | found a secret chamber beneath the temple. | 在庙底下发现了密室, |
[26:30] | We found a sealed Canopic jar containing a living female symbiote, | 我们发现一个密封的卡诺皮克壶中 – |
[26:34] | perfectly preserved in stasis. | – 有一只保存完好的休眠的 雌性共生体. |
[26:36] | From our study of the temple, | 我们从对庙的研究 |
[26:38] | we knew the Goa’uld never suffered from illness. | 我们得知勾阿呜从不生病. |
[26:41] | We saw this discovery as an opportunity to learn why. | 我们把这个发现视为得知原因的机会. |
[26:44] | Once the queen gave birth, | 当然了,一旦女王开始生产, |
[26:46] | we began experimenting on her offspring, | 我们立刻开始研究她的子代的生理, |
[26:50] | searching for a way to mimic their seemingly perfect immune system. | 搜寻一种模拟它们表面上 完美的免疫系统的方法. |
[26:54] | After decades of trying, we finally came up with tretonin. | 经过数十年的尝试, 我们终于做出了萃托宁. |
[26:59] | It seemed like a miracle at first. | 一开始它看来简直是个奇迹. |
[27:01] | Didn’t you foresee the negative effects? | 你们的科学家难道没有预料到有副作用? |
[27:04] | Of course. But what we couldn’t predict | 当然有,我们无法预知的是 |
[27:06] | was our inability to refine the drug. | 我们没办法改良这种药. |
[27:09] | We were confident we could solve the problems. | 我们有信心我们可以解决问题. |
[27:12] | We limited the use, but ultimately we didn’t see | 我们限量使用 但基本上我们看不出 |
[27:15] | why we shouldn’t begin to reap the benefits | 为何我们不应该开始收割 |
[27:18] | while working to overcome the downside. | 致力于克服下降趋势的好东西. |
[27:20] | We know the risks in confronting the Goa’uld, | 我们知道面对勾阿呜的风险, |
[27:23] | but tens of thousands of lives will be lost if we do nothing. | 但如果我们什么都不做的话 将会有成千上万的人死亡. |
[27:28] | Perhaps you could assist us. | 也许你们能帮我们. |
[27:31] | You have faced the Goa’uld many times. | 你们已经面对勾阿呜很多次, |
[27:33] | You could give us a tactical advantage. | 你们的知识也许能带给我们战术上的优势. |
[27:36] | No. There is no tactical advantage | 不…当你们跟勾阿呜打交道时 |
[27:39] | when you’re dealing with the Goa’uld. | 是不会有战术上的优势的. |
[27:42] | We’ve stayed ahead because we don’t bite off | 我们还站在这里是因为我们决不做 |
[27:45] | more than we can chew… usually. | 超出我们能力以外的事…通常是这样. |
[27:48] | Besides, we need to get you off the tretonin, | 再说我们需要的是让你们戒除萃托宁, |
[27:51] | not find another source. | 而不是另找一个来源. |
[27:52] | Our scientists have been trying for years | 我们的科学家已经试了多年 |
[27:55] | to find a way to reverse its effects. | 想扭转这种影响, |
[27:57] | We’ve made very little progress. We need more time. | 但进展不大,我们需要更多时间. |
[28:03] | Or more help. | 或是…更多帮助. |
[28:11] | This is important to you. | 这对你们很重要. |
[28:15] | More so than just curiosity about your history. | 比光是对你们历史的好奇更重要的多. |
[28:20] | As you now know, | 你们现在已经知道, |
[28:21] | the tretonin may not be available to us for much longer, | 萃托宁可能已经无法再供应我们多久 |
[28:24] | and when we run out, those of us taking it are going to die. | 而等存量用完, 我们这些摄取它的人全都会死. |
[28:28] | Not if we can help you find some kind of antidote. | 如果我们能帮忙找到某种解药 你们就不会死啦. |
[28:31] | – Do you think that’s possible? – Anything’s possible. | – 你觉得那有可能吗? – 任何事都是有可能的. |
[28:37] | If we could find a new queen… | 如果我们能找到一个新的女王… |
[28:39] | Long-term. | 我是说一劳永逸的. |
[28:40] | It’s not the answer but it could buy us a little time | 我知道那不是办法, 但那可以帮我们多争取一点时间… |
[28:43] | until another option is available. This has been my life’s work. | 直到有其他可行的选择. 这是我毕生的工作. |
[28:48] | – My father’s life’s work. – Your father? | – 我父亲毕生的工作. – 你父亲? |
[28:52] | My father was the one who found the jar that contained the queen. | 我父亲是发现有女王的罐子的人. |
[28:55] | He was attempting to remove a section of the ruins for further study | 他原本打算移开神庙废墟的 一部份好作进一步的研究, |
[28:59] | when he literally stumbled into the chamber. | 却意外摔进了密室. |
[29:04] | He had no way of knowing his discovery | 当然了,他完全不知道他的发现 |
[29:07] | would eventually doom so many people. | 最后会毁了这么多人. |
[29:10] | The result is not his fault. | 这种结果不是他的错. |
[29:14] | No. | 是啊. |
[29:25] | Teal’c? | 提亚克? |
[29:29] | Didn’t you say this temple was built by Shak’ran? | 你不是说这座庙是夏克朗所建的吗? |
[29:32] | It was. | 没错. |
[29:33] | Then why does this section of the fresco mention Ra? | 那为什么这部分的湿壁画提到了拉? |
[29:40] | – Who’s Ra? – Ra was a powerful System Lord, | – 谁是拉? – 拉是一个很强大的系统领主, |
[29:43] | brother of Apophis. | 阿波菲斯的兄弟. |
[29:45] | He, too, is dead. | 他也已经死了. |
[29:50] | Well, according to this… | 根据这个… |
[29:54] | Ra used to live here. | 拉曾经住在这里. |
[29:59] | – We will examine the drug. – If it acts as I suspect, | – 我们会检验这个药. – 如果它作用的方式跟我推测的一样, |
[30:03] | it may be impossible to perfect as the Pangarans would hope. | 它也许不可能跟畔伽人 所希望的一样完美. |
[30:07] | The best we might be able to do is provide an antidote | 我们能做到最好的方法 也许是研发出一种解药, |
[30:10] | to allow their immune systems to regenerate. | 让他们正常的免疫系统再生, |
[30:13] | They would not possess the superior health that they do now. | 他们没办法再像现在一样健康. |
[30:18] | How long would it take to go from theoretical to enough for everyone? | 要多久才能把理论发展到… 可以运用在每个人身上? |
[30:25] | We can make no promises, Colonel O’Neill. | 我们无法保证,欧尼尔上校. |
[30:28] | However, as you say, we are in your debt. | 然而我们欠你们一份情, |
[30:31] | We will begin immediately. | 我们会马上开始. |
[30:36] | It is possible that Shak’ran captured this world from Ra in battle. | 有可能夏克朗在战争中 从拉手上夺得这个星球. |
[30:41] | And built this entire temple on top of whatever Ra had here before. | 并把这座庙盖在原先拉所建的建筑物上头. |
[30:45] | It goes on to say something about this being some kind of prison, | 它上面提到成为某种的监牢, |
[30:50] | or a tomb… | 或…或是墓室… |
[30:55] | for one of Ra’s enemies. | 为拉的一个敌人. |
[31:02] | Wait a minute. | 等一下… |
[31:11] | “Here lies… Egeria… | “这儿躺着… 埃杰里亚… |
[31:16] | betrayer of the Goa’uld. “ | 勾阿呜的叛徒.” |
[31:18] | “May she… suffer… | “愿她…承受… |
[31:23] | for all… eternity. “ | 永恒的…磨难.” |
[31:33] | Egeria. | 埃杰里亚… |
[31:38] | Dr Jackson’s notes mention her. | 杰克森博士的笔记里提过她, |
[31:41] | Isn’t she supposed to have been killed? | 她不是应该死了吗? |
[31:43] | Indeed she was, but this would seem to indicate otherwise. | 她确实是死了. 然而这似乎提供了另一个解释. |
[31:49] | That means… | 意思是… |
[31:50] | The queen the Pangarans are breeding is not Goa’uld. | 畔伽人饲养的女王 不是勾阿呜, |
[31:55] | She is the origin of the Tok’ra. | 她是托克拉的祖先. |
[32:02] | – This could be a problem. – Are you sure? | – 这会是个问题. – 你们确定吗? |
[32:05] | The writings in the chamber are extremely clear. | 密室上写得清清楚楚. |
[32:09] | From what we can piece together, Ra used this planet | 就我们所拼凑到的, 拉利用这个星球 |
[32:12] | as his base of operations in this sector of the galaxy. | 当成他在银河系这一区的任务基地. |
[32:16] | A rival Goa’uld, Shak’ran, | 几世纪后,一个敌对的勾阿呜,夏克朗, |
[32:18] | captured this world in battle, | 在战争中夺得这个星球, |
[32:19] | forcing Ra to abandon it. | 逼得拉放弃它. |
[32:22] | The question is, do we tell Malek and Kelmaa? | 问题是我们要不要 告诉马莱克和开尔玛? |
[32:26] | How can we not tell them? | 我们怎么能不告诉他们? |
[32:28] | If we remain silent, the Pangarans will use Egeria | 如果我们保持沉默,畔伽人会继续利用埃杰里亚 |
[32:32] | as a source for their drug until she is dead. | 来做他们的药直到她死了为止. |
[32:34] | If we don’t find a way to get them off the drug | 如果我们不想出办法让他们脱离这种药, |
[32:37] | they’ll die eventually anyway. | 他们最后还是会死. |
[32:43] | We have to tell them. | 我们得告诉他们. |
[32:47] | Understand we had no idea who she was until now. | (卡特) 请了解我们真的是 到刚才才知道她的身分. |
[32:50] | It is hard to believe. | 那是很难相信的. |
[32:53] | Many of our historians speculated that | 我们很多历史学家推测 |
[32:56] | Ra did not kill Egeria as was widely believed, | 拉并未杀死埃杰里亚,大家也这么相信. |
[32:59] | but we… | 但..我们… |
[33:01] | we never dared hope that she would ever be found. | 我们从未梦想有一天能找到她. |
[33:05] | She must be freed. | 当然必须立即将她释放, |
[33:07] | Every moment she is kept in this condition is an affront. | 她再被这么对待一分一秒,,都是对托克拉的侮辱. |
[33:11] | We’re going to talk to the Pangarans now. | 我们马上就要去和畔伽人谈. |
[33:14] | It would help if you had something to offer. | 如果你们能提供什么的话会更有帮助. |
[33:18] | Like, say, an antidote? | 比如说,解药? |
[33:21] | Unfortunately, finding an antidote may be | 不幸的是找出萃托宁的解药 |
[33:24] | more problematic than we’d first hoped. | 要比我们当初期望的更为困难. |
[33:27] | And why is that? | 为什么? |
[33:29] | There is something unusual | 这些共生体除了缺乏知识外还有 |
[33:31] | about the genetic structure of the symbiotes. | 更不寻常的基因构造上的缺陷. |
[33:34] | The tretonin should work far better than it does. | 事实上,萃托宁应该能比 |
[33:37] | We’re not sure why it doesn’t. | 它现在的效能有更好的表现, |
[33:39] | We cannot seem to identify the defective gene | 我们不确定它为什么没办法达到那个水准. |
[33:42] | that is causing its effects to break down. | 我们看不出标示出来缺陷的基因 是否为影响它效能衰退的原因. |
[33:45] | But we can say you’ll solve this eventually, right? | 但我们可以说你们最后能解决的, 对吗? |
[33:50] | At this moment, all I can say is it is a mystery. | 在目前的状况下, 我所能说的是它是个谜. |
[33:54] | What, you’re suddenly stumped? | 怎么,你们突然变笨了? |
[33:57] | I understand the implication, Colonel. | 我知道你的暗示,上校. |
[34:00] | This revelation about Egeria | 跟埃杰里亚的关系是绝对不会 |
[34:02] | is in no way affecting our analysis of the tretonin. | 影响我们对萃托宁的分析, |
[34:08] | As of right now, we cannot help the Pangarans. | 在目前,我们无法帮助畔伽人. |
[34:16] | We could not have known. | 我们根本不知道. |
[34:18] | Surely the Tok’ra don’t hold us directly responsible? | 当然托克拉不能要我们负直接责任. |
[34:22] | They’re demanding the release of their queen. | 他们要求立即释放他们的女王. |
[34:25] | How could we? It would doom thousands without a remedy. | 我们怎么能这么做?没有治疗, 有几千人会因此而死. |
[34:28] | The Tok’ra have suffered great losses. | 托克拉最近伤亡惨重, |
[34:31] | Their numbers are severely diminished. | 他们的数目锐减. |
[34:33] | Restoring Egeria’s health | 恢复埃杰里亚的健康 |
[34:35] | may be their only hope of survival as a people. | 也许是他们能生存的唯一希望. |
[34:38] | Have they made no progress | 他们对逆转萃托宁的影响 |
[34:40] | at all in reversing the effects of tretonin? | 是否有了进展? |
[34:48] | Sorry. You ask the impossible. | 我很抱歉,你的要求是不可能的. |
[34:50] | She is our queen. | 她是我们的女王. |
[34:51] | Her freedom is not open for negotiation. | 她的自由是毫无协商空间的. |
[34:54] | We deeply regret who she is, | 们对她的身分深表遗憾, |
[34:56] | but freeing her would mean death for many people. | 但释放她意味着许多我的 族人将要死亡… |
[34:59] | Unless you offer an alternative. | 当然,除非你能提供替代的解决方案. |
[35:01] | Malek and Kelmaa are having trouble | 马莱克和开尔玛在定位共生体基因 |
[35:03] | locating a particular element in the symbiote’s genetic structure. | – 结构上的一个独特元素时遇上了困难, |
[35:06] | Until they do, the chances of synthesising an antidote are slim. | 而除非他们能办到, 要合成解药的机会相当渺茫. |
[35:10] | – Then we have no choice. – You do not understand. | – 那我们毫无选择. – 你不了解. |
[35:14] | Her existence is a miracle to the Tok’ra. | 她的存在对托克拉而言是个奇迹. |
[35:17] | We are also a dying race. | 我们也是濒死的种族. |
[35:19] | You may lose thousands. Our kind will become extinct. | 你们也许会失去几千人, 但我们是会全族灭绝. |
[35:47] | I am sympathetic to the Tok’ra, | 我很同情托克拉, |
[35:48] | but what you ask would amount to a holocaust. | 但你们的要求 会造成我们的巨大损失. |
[35:51] | She is a sentient being. | 她是有知觉的生物! |
[35:53] | Using her in this manner is an insult to our very existence. | 以这种方式 利用她是对我们存在的一大侮辱. |
[35:58] | Someone has breached security in the manufacturing wing. | 有人刚突破制造区的保安. |
[36:13] | What has she done? | 她做了什么?! |
[36:17] | Uh, is that… | 噢,那… |
[36:20] | Was that… | 是不是… |
[36:23] | Kelmaa has given her life for our queen. | 开尔玛为我们的女王牺牲了生命, |
[36:27] | Her host belongs to Egeria now. | 她的宿主现在属于埃杰里亚了. |
[36:37] | I bet the Pangarans would give up the queen | 我打赌如果托克拉交出解药的话, |
[36:40] | if the Tok’ra hand over the antidote. | 畔伽人就会把女王还给他们. |
[36:42] | You think they know | 你认为他们知道 |
[36:43] | how to save the Pangarans and are withholding a cure? | 怎么救畔伽人并扣留解药? |
[36:46] | To get what they wanted? Yeah, sure. | 为达到他们的要求,对,当然. |
[36:49] | Sir, with all due respect, I disagree. | 长官,无意冒犯,我不同意. |
[36:52] | – Carter, they’re pissed off. – Wouldn’t you be? | – 卡特,他们气疯了. – 你不会吗? |
[36:55] | They just discovered the founder of their race | 他们才刚刚发现他们族的始祖遭到虐待, |
[36:59] | has been abused for over 50 years. | 被当成医学实验品超过了50年之久. |
[37:02] | Oh, come on, Carter, face it. For all their high morals | 喔,得了,卡特,面对现实吧. 对他们的高道德标准, |
[37:05] | and fancy preaching about coexisting with humans, | 和关于与人类共存的说教, |
[37:09] | we are just a nice place to live. | 我们不过是… 一个居住的好地方而已. |
[37:11] | I don’t think they would lie and doom thousands of innocent people. | 我不认为他们会故意说谎, 害死几千个无辜的民众. |
[37:15] | That Tok’ra laying on that table in there just did. | 托克拉刚刚挑明了说了. |
[37:23] | Egeria has awakened. | 埃杰里亚醒了. |
[37:29] | – Egeria, it is an honour. – Rise, Malek. | – 埃杰里亚,这真是荣幸. – 起来,马莱克. |
[37:34] | You are not my servant. | 你并不是我的仆人. |
[37:40] | Kelmaa was generous in giving her life to free me, | 开尔玛的牺牲了她的生命来释放我, |
[37:43] | but I am afraid it is too late. | 但我怕为时已晚. |
[37:47] | Save your strength, my queen. | 节省你的力气,我的女王, |
[37:49] | Your people need you, now more than ever. | 你的族人 需要你,比以前任何时候都要迫切. |
[37:52] | Kelmaa’s assessment of my condition was correct, Malek. | 开尔玛对我状况的评估是正确的, 马莱克. |
[37:57] | My time is almost done. | 我的时间差不多到了. |
[38:00] | I shall not live long enough to see more of my children. | 我原不该活得这么久, 还能够见到这么多我的孩子. |
[38:09] | My host has shared her knowledge of the Tok’ra with me. | 我的宿主把她的托克拉知识跟我分享, |
[38:18] | You are beyond my greatest hopes and dreams. | 你们的成就远超过我的希望和梦想. |
[38:25] | These are the Tauri, who ally themselves with the Tok’ra. | 这些是和托克拉结盟的塔瑞, |
[38:29] | I know. | 我知道. |
[38:34] | Come forward. | 过来… |
[38:40] | My host tells me you seek to help the Pangarans, | 我的宿主告诉我, 尽管畔伽人这么对我, |
[38:44] | despite what they have done to me. | 你们仍替他们寻求帮助. |
[38:47] | This has all been a terrible mistake, but not a malicious act. | 这一切是个可怕的错误, 但不是带有恶意的行为. |
[38:50] | Nor was mine, Major Carter. | 我也不是,卡特少校. |
[39:15] | You know, back on my home planet, my people discovered a substance | 你知道吗,在我的家乡, |
[39:20] | that had an incredible potential to generate energy. | 我的族人发现了一种 能产生巨大能量的物质. |
[39:26] | And after years of research and a serious lack of moral fortitude, | 经过多年的研究, 以及严重缺乏道德勇气, |
[39:34] | they used it to make a bomb. | 他们把它做成了炸弹… |
[39:40] | Well, that being the reason I left. | 那就是我离开的原因. |
[39:43] | But the point is that your people had good intentions. | 重点是,呃, 你的族人的出发点是好的. |
[39:49] | We thought we had found the cure for all disease. | 我们以为我们发现了 所有疾病的治疗方法, |
[39:53] | Now it may kill so many of us. | 如今它可能害死我们许多人. |
[39:59] | I am not afraid to die, but I am afraid that… | 我并不怕死… |
[40:05] | my people will not have learned from this. | 我是怕我的族人无法自此记取教训. |
[40:11] | I think they already have. | 我想他们已经得到教训了. |
[40:22] | I passed on the flawed gene that gave the drug its weakness. | 我传递基因缺陷让药效衰弱, |
[40:28] | You were unable to construct an antidote | 由于我破坏我后代的手法 – |
[40:31] | because of the manner in which I sabotaged my young. | – 将让你们无法做出解药. |
[40:36] | I did it in the hope | 我这么做是希望它们 – |
[40:39] | that they would ultimately prove useless to the Pangarans. | 最后会对畔伽人失去效用, |
[40:45] | I wanted to force them to abandon their research | 我要逼迫他们发现这药无效后 |
[40:49] | once the drug proved untenable. | 能放弃他们的研究. |
[40:52] | Instead, they continued to make it in ever-increasing quantities. | 但他们继续制造并增加份量. |
[40:58] | And now they can’t live without it. | 现在他们没有它就活不下去. |
[41:03] | It is not what I intended. | 那不是我的本意. |
[41:06] | Their fate is their own doing, not yours. | 他们的命运是他们一手造成的,不是你. |
[41:09] | You merely tried to free yourself. | 你只是试图以唯一的手段 取得自己的自由. |
[41:11] | They do not deserve this end, not when it can be prevented. | 他们不该得到这种下场, 尤其是有办法可以阻止的时候. |
[41:22] | You created the flaw. | 你创造了这种缺陷, |
[41:24] | You can create the antidote that will save them. | 你可以做出能救他们的解药. |
[41:27] | I will tell you what you need to know. | 我会告诉你们所需要知道的事情. |
[41:31] | Thank you. | 谢谢你. |
[41:33] | On behalf of our people, | 我代表我的族人, |
[41:35] | please, forgive us for what we have done to you. | 请原谅我们对你所做的一切, |
[41:39] | Had we known, we… | 我们一旦知道… |
[41:42] | The salvation of the Pangarans shall be my final act. | 解救畔伽人将是我最后的行动, |
[41:48] | Such is the spirit of Tok’ra that I wish to live on. | 这也是我希望流传下去的托克拉精神. |
[42:20] | Malek says he should have a prototype antidote soon. | 马莱克说他应该很快就会做出解药的原型. |
[42:23] | We are grateful for his efforts, Major, and yours. | 我们对他的努力十分感激, 少校,还有你的. |
[42:27] | It is our hope we can repair any mistrust | 我们希望能弥补我们之间 |
[42:30] | that may have developed between us, | 所可能产生的猜疑, |
[42:33] | so that we can pursue a long-lasting friendship between our people | 让我们能追求双方人民 – |
[42:37] | far into the future. | – 未来长久的友情. |
[42:39] | Well said. | 说的好. |