时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:10] | Section 31? | 31区 |
[00:11] | She’s tracking a suspected murderer. | 她正在追踪一名杀人嫌犯 |
[00:13] | Mr. Spock is one of mine. | 斯波克先生是我的人 |
[00:14] | I think there may be a connection between Spock | 我觉得在斯波克和那些信号之间 |
[00:16] | and the signals around the universe. | 存在着某种联系 |
[00:18] | Spock drew those images. | 他就画出了它们 |
[00:20] | What is it? | 是什么 |
[00:20] | He called it the Red Angel. | 他叫它为红色天使 |
[00:22] | That vision changed him forever. | 那幻象永远改变了他 |
[00:24] | I’ve seen this angel, too. | 我也见过这天使 |
[00:26] | I watched Tyler kill you. | 我看到泰勒杀了你 |
[00:28] | I held your body. | 我曾抱着你的尸体 |
[00:29] | He is alive. | 他还活着 |
[00:30] | We’re getting you out of here. | 我们来把你救出去 |
[00:36] | Something has grabbed us out of warp, sir. | 有东西把我们拽离了曲速 长官 |
[00:38] | We’re locked into place. | 我们被锁住了 |
[00:39] | Some kind of a life-form? | 是某种生命体吗 |
[00:41] | It must need something. | 它一定是需要什么 |
[00:42] | It’s trying to send us a message. | 它是想发一条信息给我们 |
[00:43] | Because it wants to be remembered, | 因为它想要被铭记 |
[00:45] | preserve its history using Discovery. | 想要通过发现号保存它的历史 |
[00:50] | It’s final act was to save us. | 它最后的举动是救我们 |
[00:51] | We have recorded everything | 我们记录了它过去经历过的 |
[00:53] | it has seen and experienced. | 一切事物 |
[00:55] | The Sphere is triggering the Kelpien biological process | 是球体触发了凯尔比人的生物进程 |
[00:58] | known as Vahar’ai. | 瓦哈莱 |
[00:59] | Signals when Kelpiens are | 这种现象标志着凯尔比人到了 |
[01:01] | ready for slaughter by the Ba’ul, | 可以被堡乌人宰杀的时候 |
[01:03] | the predator species on my homeworld of Kaminar. | 堡乌人是我的母星卡米纳上的捕食种族 |
[01:06] | You are the only one who knows me. | 你是唯一了解我的人 |
[01:08] | You replaced the sister I had on Kaminar. | 你取代了我在卡米纳的妹妹 |
[01:10] | Your vital signs have returned to normal. | 你的生命体征恢复正常了 |
[01:12] | I have never felt this way before. | 我从没有过这样的感觉 |
[01:15] | Fear is gone. | 恐惧消失了 |
[01:17] | What my people have accepted | 我的族人所接受的事实 |
[01:19] | as the truth is a lie? | 是个谎言 |
[01:32] | We all come from somewhere. | 我们都来自某个地方 |
[01:43] | We carry that place with us wherever we go. | 无论到哪里 我们都带着它 |
[02:00] | That never leaves our hearts. | 它从未从我们的心中离开过 |
[02:03] | Not entirely. | 没完全离开 |
[02:15] | How’s it going in here? | 怎么样了 |
[02:16] | Oh, my– well, | 还行 |
[02:17] | without Airiam, we would have spent months | 如果没有埃瑞安 我们可能要花好几个月的时间 |
[02:19] | trying to sort through the Sphere’s data. | 才能整理好球体的数据 |
[02:20] | But none of us can predict… | 可是我们谁都预料不到 |
[02:22] | Okay, look at this. This is incredible. | 看看这个 这太棒了 |
[02:23] | …where our voyage will lead. | 我们要去向何方 |
[02:25] | The data collection of the Sphere isn’t random. | 球体的数据搜集并不是随机的 |
[02:27] | Oh, no, it’s not random at all. | 当然 一点都不随机 |
[02:28] | It’s actually an impossibly sophisticated repository | 它其实是这个星系一部分历史的 |
[02:31] | of… like, a slice of the galaxy’s history. | 一个异常复杂的存储库 |
[02:36] | It’s like this delicious slice of galaxy pie. | 就像是一块很美味的星系馅饼 |
[02:39] | We may suffer losses along the way, | 我们可能在途中痛苦失去 |
[02:42] | but we can hope to learn and grow from those experiences. | 但我们可以希冀从那些经历中学习并成长 |
[02:49] | And from those who accompany us | 也向那些在旅途上 |
[02:52] | on our journey. | 陪伴我们的人学习 |
[03:09] | It is almost inconceivable | 你能回来真是 |
[03:11] | to have you back with us, Dr. Culber. | 太不可思议了 寇波医生 |
[03:16] | Inconceivable, yeah. | 不可思议 是的 |
[03:19] | There isn’t a test or a, a scan Dr. Pollard hasn’t run on me. | 波拉德医生把所有能做的检查和扫描都给我做了 |
[03:24] | Well, you appear yourself. | 你找回自己了 |
[03:25] | Well, I don’t feel like myself. | 但是我感觉很不自在 |
[03:31] | Enduring something no one thought possible | 承受一些别人无法想象的事情 |
[03:35] | can be transformative. | 是充满变革的 |
[03:40] | Perhaps, | 也许 |
[03:43] | perhaps, in feeling less like you were, | 也许 感觉不像原来的自己的同时 |
[03:48] | you are more like who you were meant to become. | 你更像自己注定要成为的人 |
[03:54] | Commander Saru? | 萨鲁中校 |
[03:55] | Your results. | 你的结果 |
[03:58] | The most evident anatomical change from the Kelpien advent | 凯尔比人进化后解剖学上最明显的改变… |
[04:01] | – of your vahar… – Vahar’ai. | -也就是你说的瓦哈… -瓦哈莱 |
[04:03] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[04:04] | With the loss of your threat ganglia, | 失去恐惧神经后 |
[04:05] | the cartilage that housed it is reorganizing to accommodate | 其之前所在的软骨正在重组 |
[04:08] | a new type of keratin-based tissue. | 以适应新的角蛋白组织 |
[04:10] | It looks like spikes growing in like teeth. | 像牙齿一样的尖钉向内生长 |
[04:13] | Does that sound right? | 是这样的吗 |
[04:16] | I would not know. | 我不知道 |
[04:20] | Did you discover anything that might affect me psychologically? | 你发现可能会对我的精神造成影响的东西了吗 |
[04:26] | These are your neurotransmitter expression patterns, | 这些是你的神经递质表达模式 |
[04:28] | last year versus today. | 去年和今天对比 |
[04:30] | With you as my only Kelpien specimen– | 鉴于你是我唯一的凯尔比人样本 |
[04:32] | forgive the term– its difficult to say | 别介意我的措辞 很难肯定地说 |
[04:33] | with certainty what these changes mean. | 这些改变意味着什么 |
[04:35] | But if I had to guess, | 如果让我猜测的话 |
[04:36] | I’d say your fear responses are being repressed. | 我认为你的恐惧反应被压抑了 |
[04:47] | What is a Kelpien without fear? | 没有恐惧的凯尔比人算是什么 |
[04:51] | I am losing the very thing that defines me. | 我失去了自己唯一的特质 |
[04:57] | I am stumbling in the dark. | 我在黑暗之中蹒跚而行 |
[04:59] | And yet I cannot help but feel | 然而我忍不住感到 |
[05:01] | that somewhere within the unknown, | 冥冥之中 |
[05:03] | there is purpose. | 自有天意 |
[05:08] | And that we are being guided toward it. | 而我们正被领向那个方向 |
[05:12] | It’s Section 31’s position | 31区认为 |
[05:14] | that if the entity we’re calling the Red Angel | 如果那个我们称为红色天使的存在 |
[05:16] | is in fact generating these signals, | 实际上是在发出这些信号 |
[05:18] | it’s also capable of time incursions. | 它也有能力侵入时间 |
[05:21] | And should be considered dangerous. | 应该将其视为危险 |
[05:24] | So far, these signals have led the Discovery | 目前为止 这些信号引导着发现号 |
[05:25] | on two rescue missions. | 进行了两次营救任务 |
[05:27] | Or two catastrophic events. | 或者说是两次灾难事件 |
[05:29] | Does the Angel merely appear at these crisis points, | 这个天使只是在有危险时出现 |
[05:31] | or is it creating them? | 还是它创造了这些危险 |
[05:33] | We have to consider both options. | 两种情况我们都要考虑 |
[05:35] | So let’s consider. | 那就考虑 |
[05:36] | The Red Angel appeared on Earth and transported people | 红色天使出现在地球上 |
[05:39] | to Terralysium only moments before | 赶在核爆炸前 |
[05:41] | they would have died in a nuclear blast. | 把人们传送到了极乐星上 |
[05:44] | It also guided Spock to rescue me | 我小时候在瓦肯星上的时候 |
[05:45] | when I was a child on Vulcan. | 也是它指引斯波克来救我 |
[05:47] | I’ve seen the drawings | 我看过斯波克 |
[05:47] | from Spocks time in the psychiatric unit. | 在精神病院画的那些画 |
[05:51] | Look, can either of you say for sure | 你们两个有谁能肯定 |
[05:53] | this thing didn’t cause his nervous breakdown? | 不是这个东西导致了他精神崩溃 |
[05:55] | Spock made no mention of the Red Angel | 斯波克要求离开企业号的时候 |
[05:56] | when he asked for leave from the enterprise. | 根本没提到红色天使 |
[05:58] | But Agent Tyler’s correct, Captain. | 但是泰勒探员说得对 舰长 |
[06:01] | With so few data points, it is impossible | 只掌握少量数据的情况下 |
[06:03] | to draw conclusions based on its nature and motivations. | 无法根据其特点和动机下结论 |
[06:06] | We need more information. | 我们需要更多信息 |
[06:08] | What we need is Spock. | 我们需要的是斯波克 |
[06:09] | Captain Leland has devoted significant | 利兰舰长已经动用31区的 |
[06:11] | Section 31 resources to finding him. | 大量资源去找他了 |
[06:14] | But we’re coming up empty-handed. | 但都是空手而归 |
[06:17] | As his sister, can you think of anywhere | 你是他姐姐 你能想到斯波克 |
[06:19] | Spock might have gone? | 可能会去哪里吗 |
[06:20] | Someplace we might not have thought to look? | 有什么我们没想到的地方吗 |
[06:22] | Captain, | 舰长 |
[06:23] | you are needed on the bridge. | 请速到舰桥 |
[06:24] | What is it? | 什么事 |
[06:25] | We have detected a new signal. | 我们发现了一个新信号 |
[06:33] | Where is it this time? | 这次是在哪里 |
[06:34] | Outside of Federation space. | 在联邦空间之外 |
[06:44] | Acquiring coordinates. | 正在获取坐标 |
[06:46] | On screen. | 放到屏幕上 |
[06:47] | We have a lock, sir. | 我们锁定了 长官 |
[06:49] | The signal is over an M-class planet. | 信号在一个M级星球上空 |
[06:51] | It’s listed in the Federation database as… | 联邦数据库中显示为 |
[06:53] | Kaminar. | 卡米纳 |
[06:55] | Commander Saru, that’s… | 萨鲁中校 那是 |
[06:56] | Yes. | 是的 |
[06:58] | Kaminar is my homeworld. | 卡米纳是我的母星 |
[08:56] | Kaminar is populated by two sentient species: | 卡米纳上生存着两个有感知的种族 |
[08:59] | my people– the Kelpiens– and the Ba’ul. | 我的族人 凯尔比人 还有堡乌人 |
[09:03] | The Ba’ul are your predators. | 堡乌人是你们的捕猎者 |
[09:06] | The Ba’ul achieved warp capability 20 years ago. | 堡乌人在20年前就掌握了曲速 |
[09:09] | The USS Archimedes made first contact with them | 在接收到了卡米纳的通讯信号之后 |
[09:11] | after receiving a transmission from Kaminar. | 联邦星舰阿基米德号和他们进行了第一次接触 |
[09:13] | But once communication was established, | 可是在通讯建立之后 |
[09:15] | the Ba’ul High Council proved hostile. | 就确认了堡乌最高议会是敌对的 |
[09:17] | So why did the Ba’ul send | 为什么在一开始的时候 |
[09:18] | a transmission in the first place? | 堡乌人要发出通讯信号呢 |
[09:20] | They… | 他们 |
[09:21] | did not. | 并没有 |
[09:24] | That transmission was from me. | 通讯信号是我发的 |
[09:27] | I coopted the Ba’uls technology | 我利用堡乌人的技术 |
[09:29] | in order to send a message, with the hope | 发送了一条信息出去 |
[09:31] | that someone, somewhere, would receive it. | 希望有人可以在某个地方接收到 |
[09:36] | And that someone was Captain Georgiou. | 而那个人就是乔久舰长 |
[09:39] | She was a lieutenant then, serving on the Archimedes. | 她那时候还是上尉 在阿基米德号上服役 |
[09:43] | Were it not for her, I would have been unable | 如果不是她 我就无法 |
[09:45] | to flee Kaminar or be granted asylum. | 逃离卡米纳 或者获得庇护 |
[09:49] | I promised never to return. | 我发誓永远不会回去 |
[09:53] | That was the price of knowledge. | 这就是获得知识的代价 |
[09:55] | And now, of the billions of planets in our galaxy, | 如今 我们的星系中有数亿颗行星 |
[09:59] | the signal just happens to show up | 而这个信号恰巧在 |
[10:01] | above the homeworld of my first officer. | 我的大副的母星上出现了 |
[10:04] | What are the odds? | 这概率有多大 |
[10:05] | It certainly isn’t random. | 这肯定不是随机事件 |
[10:07] | Discoverys taken a serious interest in the Red Angel. | 发现号对红色天使很感兴趣 |
[10:09] | Could be its returning the favor. | 也许这是它的回应 |
[10:11] | That’s a leap. Commander Saru, | 这么想太冒险 萨鲁中校 |
[10:12] | are there angels of any sort in Kelpien culture? | 凯尔比文化中存在任何形式的天使吗 |
[10:15] | Kelpiens believe only in the Great Balance, | 凯尔比人的唯一信仰就是”伟大的平衡” |
[10:18] | which, if upset, would devastate | 如果被打破的话 会毁了 |
[10:21] | the fragile ecosystem of our planet. | 我们星球脆弱的生态系统 |
[10:24] | And we are taught that | 我们被告知 |
[10:25] | the Ba’ul are the keepers of this balance. | 堡乌人是平衡的守卫者 |
[10:29] | Do the Kelpiens worship the Ba’ul? | 凯尔比人敬奉堡乌人吗 |
[10:32] | It is their superior technology, of which Kelpiens live in awe, | 他们的先进技术 让凯尔比人心怀敬畏 |
[10:35] | that allows the Ba’ul mastery over my people. | 也让堡乌人掌控了我的族人 |
[10:38] | They hide behind it. | 他们隐藏在技术之后 |
[10:40] | No Kelpien has even seen a Ba’ul in living memory. | 没有一个凯尔比人亲眼见过堡乌人 |
[10:43] | It is the same technology | 他们也用了同样的技术 |
[10:44] | they use to keep Starfleet at arms length. | 来让星际舰队和他们保持距离 |
[10:47] | So we shouldnt expect a warm welcome. | 所以他们应该不会热烈欢迎我们 |
[10:49] | The Ba’ul are, by nature, isolationist. | 堡乌人天生就是孤立主义者 |
[10:52] | And they’re committed to preserving the status quo on Kaminar. | 他们致力于保持卡米纳的现状 |
[10:54] | Well, they must have seen the signal, too. | 他们肯定也看到了那个信号 |
[10:56] | Maybe they wouldn’t mind an offer to share information. | 也许他们不会介意共享信息 |
[10:58] | Depending on how they’re approached. | 这取决于我们怎么接触他们 |
[11:00] | Well, lets knock on the front door and see if they answer. | 去敲敲他们的门 看看有没有回应 |
[11:02] | And then what? Just ask nicely? | 然后呢 友好地询问吗 |
[11:05] | Well, as unexpected guests, it never hurts to be polite. | 作为不速之客 礼貌点总是有备无患的 |
[11:16] | Prepare to disengage warp power. | 准备关闭曲速 |
[11:18] | Sir, stopping out of warp above Kaminar. | 长官 在卡米纳上空脱离曲速 |
[11:28] | The signal disappeared before we arrived. | 信号在我们到达之前消失了 |
[11:30] | What else is new? | 不是新鲜事了 |
[11:31] | Mr. Bryce, hail the Ba’ul on all channels. | 布莱斯先生 在所有频道呼叫堡乌人 |
[11:34] | Commander Burnham, run planetary and full-spectrum scans | 博翰中校 进行行星扫描和全光谱扫描 |
[11:37] | on anything resembling our elusive angel. | 看看是否有任何类似天使的东西 |
[11:39] | And any power source capable of generating these signals. | 还有可以激发这种信号的能源 |
[11:41] | The Ba’ul are not responding, sir. | 堡乌人没有回应 长官 |
[11:43] | That’s not entirely true, sir. | 不完全是这样 长官 |
[11:45] | Theyre scanning our weapons systems. | 他们在扫描我们的武器系统 |
[11:48] | Just our weapons systems. | 只是我们的武器系统 |
[11:50] | So much for knocking on the front door. | 敲门还真管用啊 |
[11:52] | Maybe the Ba’ul just haven’t learned | 或许堡乌人只是不知道 |
[11:53] | the importance of a good first impression. | 留下良好第一印象的重要性 |
[11:54] | – Burnham? – I see no indication the Red Angel was here. | -博翰 -没有任何证据显示红色天使曾在这里 |
[11:57] | Or any immediate danger to the planet. | 也没有任何对该星球的直接威胁 |
[11:58] | Then why are we here? Anybody? | 那我们为什么要来这 有人能回答吗 |
[11:59] | You’re assuming the signals only appear for a reason. | 你认为那些信号的出现只有一个原因 |
[12:01] | Yes, Mr. Tyler, thats exactly what I’m assuming. | 是的 泰勒先生 我就是这么认为的 |
[12:04] | Why won’t the Ba’ul respond? | 堡乌人为什么没回应 |
[12:06] | Perhaps, | 也许 |
[12:06] | as I have said, it is because they are oppressors. | 就像我说的 因为他们是压迫者 |
[12:10] | And even had the Ba’ul answered our hails, | 就算堡乌人回应了我们的呼叫 |
[12:12] | why would you trust those who have enslaved my people | 你们为什么要相信那群利用恐惧和谎言 |
[12:14] | for centuries with fear and lies? | 将我的族人奴役了几个世纪之久的人 |
[12:18] | Your insights are invaluable, | 你的见解很宝贵 |
[12:20] | Mr. Saru. | 萨鲁先生 |
[12:21] | But the signal appeared here. | 但是信号是在这出现的 |
[12:23] | And maybe the Red Angel, too. | 也许红色天使也是 |
[12:24] | If you have any idea how I could make inquiries without… | 如果你知道我怎么在没有… |
[12:27] | There is a Kelpien priest in every village. | 在每个村落里都有凯尔比祭司 |
[12:29] | Priests not only serve as intermediaries | 祭司不仅是 |
[12:31] | between us and the Ba’ul, but they also connect | 我们和堡乌的中间人 他们也将 |
[12:34] | all of our extended communities together. | 我们所有分散的群落联系在一起 |
[12:36] | So if the Red Angel appeared on Kaminar, | 如果红色天使在卡米纳出现了 |
[12:38] | then a priest might be able to tell us about it. | 祭司就可能告诉我们情况 |
[12:41] | Wouldn’t that be a violation of General Order 1? | 这会不会违反基本指导原则第一条 |
[12:42] | Though the Kelpiens aren’t warp capable, | 虽然凯尔比人不具备使用曲速的能力 |
[12:44] | they’ve seen warp-capable technology through the Ba’ul, | 但他们可以通过堡乌人了解曲速技术 |
[12:46] | and they know about spaceflight. | 而且他们知道太空飞行 |
[12:49] | First contact with the Kelpiens by Starfleet | 星际舰队第一次和凯尔比人接触 |
[12:51] | is a judgment call, | 是临场决定 |
[12:53] | but our mission to investigate these signals | 但是我们调查这些信号的任务 |
[12:54] | would seem to require it. | 似乎需要满足这个要求 |
[12:55] | We can stretch General Order 1, | 我们可以扩大基本指导原则第一条的适用范围 |
[12:56] | but lets try not to break it in the process. | 但不要在执行任务的过程中违反条例 |
[12:59] | Burnham, | 博翰 |
[12:59] | as a xenoanthropologist, | 作为一名外星文明学家 |
[13:00] | I think you’re uniquely qualified | 我觉得你非常适合 |
[13:02] | to talk to a village priest. | 去和村落的祭司交流 |
[13:03] | Sir, | 长官 |
[13:04] | I am the logical choice. | 我才是符合逻辑的选择 |
[13:07] | I offer my experience. | 我有我的经历 |
[13:08] | To disregard it is to disregard the suffering | 你无视它 就是无视一代代凯尔比人 |
[13:10] | of generations of Kelpiens. | 所经历的痛苦 |
[13:12] | Given all that suffering, | 考虑到那些痛苦 |
[13:14] | you’re the most complicated choice. | 你是最复杂的选择 |
[13:16] | Do you doubt my ability to carry out the mission? | 你在怀疑我执行任务的能力吗 |
[13:19] | Of course not. | 当然不是 |
[13:20] | But at present, we lack a full understanding of the biological… | 但目前 我们还没有完全了解 |
[13:23] | and behavioral changes you’re undergoing. | 你所承受的生理和心理变化 |
[13:26] | I can assure you, Captain, I am still very much myself. | 我向你保证 舰长 我还是我 |
[13:29] | I can only imagine the pressure you might feel to share | 我只能想象你告诉族人关于瓦哈莱的真相时 |
[13:31] | the truth with your people about Vahar’ai. | 你所承担的的压力 |
[13:33] | Are you suggesting that I might be incapable | 你是在暗示我不能遵守 |
[13:35] | of following Starfleet regulations? | 星际舰队规定吗 |
[13:37] | Or that I would disobey your orders? | 还是在暗示我会违反你的命令 |
[13:44] | Captain. | 舰长 |
[13:47] | Kelpiens have no knowledge of Starfleet | 凯尔比人对星际舰队一无所知 |
[13:50] | or any other inhabited worlds. | 也不知道其它有人居住的星球 |
[13:51] | Even though General Order 1 allows contact, | 就算基本指导原则第一条允许我们去接触 |
[13:53] | my arrival could come as a complete shock to them. | 我的到来很可能会震慑到他们 |
[13:56] | Commander Saru would be invaluable to have by my side. | 如果有萨鲁中校陪我 那就再好不过了 |
[14:02] | All right. | 好吧 |
[14:03] | But Ill remind you both, we’re here to gather information | 但我要提醒你们 我们是来获取 |
[14:07] | about the signals and the Red Angel, | 关于那些信号和红色天使的信息的 |
[14:08] | not start a war between the Kelpiens and the Ba’ul. | 而不是挑起凯尔比人和堡乌人之间的战争 |
[14:13] | Mr. Saru? | 萨鲁先生 |
[14:16] | My duty, first and foremost, is to Discovery’s mission, sir. | 我最首要的职责 就是发现号的任务 长官 |
[14:21] | I never doubt that. | 我从未怀疑过这点 |
[14:24] | Start in your own village. | 先去你的村落 |
[14:26] | Maybe they’ll be glad to see you. | 也许他们见到你会很高兴 |
[14:35] | So, uh, | 那么 |
[14:37] | what did the scan say? | 扫描结果如何 |
[14:39] | Read them yourself. | 自己看吧 |
[14:45] | All normal. | 一切正常 |
[14:47] | You’re you. | 你变回你自己了 |
[14:49] | Yes and no. | 是 也不是 |
[14:51] | Brain patterns and neural impulses are identical, | 大脑模式和神经冲动是相同的 |
[14:54] | but this body | 但这个身体 |
[14:54] | was entirely reconstituted from your DNA. | 是根据你的DNA完全重建的 |
[14:58] | It’s brand-new down to the last molecule. | 每一个分子都是全新的 |
[15:00] | You are, for lack of a better word, pristine. | 没有更好的词可以形容了 你是崭新的 |
[15:10] | My scar, it’s gone. | 我的伤疤 不见了 |
[15:12] | It is? | 是吗 |
[15:14] | I hadn’t noticed that. | 我没注意到 |
[15:15] | What scar? | 什么伤疤 |
[15:17] | Oh, the scar he chose to keep. | 他选择要保留的伤疤 |
[15:18] | You never told her the story? | 你没告诉过她那个事吗 |
[15:21] | He was hiking the cliffs of Cabo Rojo, alone. | 他一个人去卡布·洛侯的峭壁徒步 |
[15:24] | I was 16… | 我十六岁… |
[15:25] | And apparently indestructible. | 当然是无所畏惧 |
[15:28] | The path he was on gave way, | 他走的线路塌了 |
[15:30] | and he fell 30 meters. | 他从三十米高处落下 |
[15:32] | 15, actually. | 实际上是十五米 |
[15:33] | Well, enough to puncture your shoulder. | 反正是足以把肩膀刺穿的高度 |
[15:35] | He would’ve bled out, too, | 他甚至可能会失血过多而死 |
[15:36] | if it werent for a certain Dr. Kashkooli, | 多亏了一位叫卡什库里的医生 |
[15:38] | who was half a kilometer behind him. | 她在他身后五百米左右 |
[15:40] | She risked her own life to climb down and help him. | 她冒着生命危险爬下去救了他 |
[15:43] | She stitched his wound up with a fishing line. | 用一根鱼线给他缝了伤口 |
[15:45] | Gave him a very | 给他留下一个 |
[15:46] | sexy scar | 很性感的伤疤 |
[15:48] | and inspired him to go to medical school | 并激励了他去上医学院 |
[15:51] | and become the man he is today. | 并成为了他现在这样的人 |
[15:57] | It is weird not seeing it on you. | 在你身上看不见这伤疤还挺怪的 |
[16:00] | So, um… | 那么… |
[16:02] | …i-if my senses feel a little off, its… | 如果我的感觉还有点不正常… |
[16:04] | It’s because your new nervous system is still adjusting. | 那是因为你新的神经系统还在适应中 |
[16:07] | I’d like to continue monitoring you, but I believe | 我想继续观察你 但我相信 |
[16:11] | you’re ready to resume your normal life soon. | 很快你就可以继续你的正常生活了 |
[16:36] | That pylon. | 那个监视塔 |
[16:38] | It isn’t Kelpien, is it? | 不是凯尔比人的 对不对 |
[16:42] | No. | 对 |
[16:43] | The Ba’ul have erected one in each village to observe us. | 堡乌人在每个村庄都立了一个用来观察我们 |
[16:47] | It has earned them a fitting name among my people: | 在我的族人里 它有个很恰当的名字 |
[16:51] | the Watchful Eye. | 监视之眼 |
[16:53] | This pylon is connected to an incredibly vast network. | 这个监视塔与一个异常庞大的网络相连 |
[16:58] | Must have taken the Ba’ul generations | 堡乌人一定花了几代人的时间 |
[16:59] | to integrate their technology and ideology | 才把他们的技术和意识形态融入 |
[17:02] | into Kelpien society. | 凯尔比人的社会 |
[17:03] | Our two species have become so intertwined that, | 我们两个种族已经高度融合 |
[17:07] | outside their technology, | 以致于除了他们的技术以外 |
[17:09] | it is difficult to discern what is purely us | 很难分辨出哪些东西纯粹是我们的 |
[17:11] | and what is distinctly them. | 哪些明显是他们的 |
[17:15] | Where is everyone? | 大家都去哪里了 |
[17:17] | The days work is done. | 白天的工作已经结束了 |
[17:19] | It will soon be nightfall. | 马上就是夜晚 |
[17:21] | Kelpiens rarely venture out in the dark. | 凯尔比人很少在黑暗里外出 |
[17:28] | I led this life once. | 我曾经就是过着这样的生活 |
[17:31] | If I didn’t know your people were oppressed, | 如果不是我知道你们的人受到压迫的话 |
[17:33] | I’d think Kaminar was a paradise. | 我会觉得卡米纳是个天堂呢 |
[17:35] | Well, in many ways, it is. | 从很多角度上来说 它确实是 |
[17:37] | We live in harmony with each other, | 我们彼此和谐相处 |
[17:40] | in a world without hunger or poverty. | 生活在一个没有饥饿和贫穷的世界 |
[17:43] | The only violence we know is the culling, | 我们了解的唯一的暴力就是宰杀 |
[17:46] | which Kelpiens have been misled to accept | 凯尔比人被误导 认为宰杀是 |
[17:48] | as a mercy by the Ba’ul. | 堡乌人的恩赐 |
[17:53] | And our priests sustain that belief. | 我们的祭司也维持这样的信仰 |
[17:56] | Didn’t you say your father was a priest? | 你不是说过你父亲就是名祭司吗 |
[17:59] | Yes, he was a collaborator, | 对 他是个通敌者 |
[18:01] | albeit an unwitting one, | 虽然是无心的 |
[18:04] | enforcing the grip the Ba’ul had on my people. | 但他执行了堡乌人在我们种族身上的统治 |
[18:14] | Saru… | 萨鲁… |
[18:18] | For 18 years, | 过去十八年间 |
[18:21] | I dreamt of returning to my village. | 我梦想能回到我的村庄 |
[18:25] | It has not changed at all. | 它一点都没有变 |
[18:27] | But I see it… | 可在我的眼里… |
[18:31] | quite differently now. | 已经面目全非了 |
[18:53] | These are the same flowers from your quarters. | 这些花和你寝室里的一样 |
[18:56] | Fredalia, yes. | 弗蕾黛拉 没错 |
[18:57] | They do not grow quite so well on a starship. | 它们在星舰上长得不那么好 |
[19:31] | Brother? | 哥哥 |
[19:32] | Siranna! | 瑟拉娜 |
[19:36] | Saru! | 萨鲁 |
[19:39] | You’re alive. | 你还活着 |
[19:41] | Oh, but how? | 怎么会呢 |
[19:42] | We thought you were dead. | 我们以为你死了 |
[19:44] | Taken by the Watchful Eye for questions | 因为你问了不该问的问题 |
[19:46] | you should not have asked. | 被监视之眼带走了 |
[19:50] | Where have you been all this time? | 这么多年你都去哪了 |
[19:52] | Siranna, 18 years ago, | 瑟拉娜 十八年前 |
[19:57] | I thought I could find my future in the stars, | 我认为我可以在群星中找到我的未来 |
[20:01] | and I did. Uh… | 而我的确做到了 |
[20:11] | I was welcomed | 我被迎接到 |
[20:12] | by an interstellar service called Starfleet, | 一个叫作星际舰队的星际组织 |
[20:14] | committed to peace and the exploration of our galaxy. | 这个组织致力于维护和平以及探索我们的星系 |
[20:18] | An organization far more powerful than the Ba’ul. | 一个远比堡乌人更强大的组织 |
[20:22] | I found a new life. | 我获得了新生 |
[20:32] | What are you? | 你是什么 |
[20:34] | I’m human. My name is Michael. | 我是人类 我叫迈克 |
[20:38] | I come from a planet called Earth, | 我来自于一个叫作地球的行星 |
[20:42] | and I work with your brother on the Starship Discovery. | 我和你哥哥一起在联邦星舰发现号上工作 |
[20:46] | How is it that we can understand one another? | 我们怎么能听懂彼此的话呢 |
[20:49] | This device. | 这个装置 |
[20:52] | It’s able to translate over a thousand languages. | 它可以翻译上千种语言 |
[20:54] | You mean to say there are a thousand life-forms out there? | 你是说外面有上千种生物 |
[20:57] | Oh, not just a thousand– hundreds of thousands. | 岂止上千种 是几十万种 |
[21:28] | So different and yet… | 如此不同却又… |
[21:36] | The galaxy? | 星系 |
[21:38] | Space travel? | 太空旅行 |
[21:46] | Do humans from Earth drink tea? | 地球上的人类喝茶吗 |
[22:01] | Oh, how I have missed the fredalia tea of home. | 我太想念家乡的弗蕾黛拉茶了 |
[22:05] | We were blessed with a bountiful harvest this year. | 承蒙眷顾 我们今年获得了大丰收 |
[22:09] | Oh, you sound just like Father. | 你说话和父亲一样 |
[22:13] | Where is he? | 他在哪里 |
[22:16] | Father reached his vahar’ai and joined the Great Balance | 父亲到达了瓦哈莱 加入了伟大的平衡 |
[22:19] | not long after you… left us. | 这是在你…离开我们之后不久的事 |
[22:27] | How could you? | 你怎么能这样 |
[22:29] | And never even let us know that you were still alive? | 甚至不告诉我们你还活着 |
[22:32] | I thought it would be safer for you to believe I was dead. | 我想你们相信我死了会更安全 |
[22:34] | Safer? | 更安全 |
[22:37] | We believed you had outraged the Watchful Eye. | 我们相信你惹恼了监视之眼 |
[22:40] | We spent years in agony, fearing retribution. | 有好多年我们都是在害怕报复的煎熬中渡过的 |
[22:44] | I dreamed of our reunion, brother. | 我梦想着和你重逢 哥哥 |
[22:46] | I could not be more sorry, Siranna. | 我非常非常抱歉 瑟拉娜 |
[22:49] | This is a longer conversation. | 这说起来可就长了 |
[22:52] | But I sense that is not the reason you are here. | 但我感觉你来这里另有原因 |
[22:57] | I… | 我… |
[23:08] | We’re looking for an entity | 我们在找一个 |
[23:12] | that we call the Red Angel. | 我们称为红色天使的存在 |
[23:18] | We have reason to believe that it appeared here on Kaminar. | 我们有理由相信它在卡米纳出现过 |
[23:21] | Is it another life-form? | 是另一种生命体吗 |
[23:23] | We do not yet know what it is, only that it appears | 我们还不知道它到底是什么 只知道它 |
[23:26] | in conjunction with a red burst of light in the sky | 与天空中闪过的红光一起出现 |
[23:30] | and in places of crisis. | 而且是在有危机的地方 |
[23:32] | The fiery sign… I saw it. | 火的天象…我看见了 |
[23:38] | Have you seen or heard anything | 那你见过或者听说过 |
[23:39] | that might be this Red Angel? | 可能是这个红色天使的东西吗 |
[23:42] | Maybe from the priests | 比如从其它村庄的 |
[23:43] | in the other villages? | 祭司那里 |
[23:48] | This is why you have returned? | 这才是你回来的原因吧 |
[23:54] | I should have known you did not come back for me. | 我早该知道你不是为了我而回来的 |
[23:56] | Siranna, I ask you to… | 瑟拉娜 我请你… |
[23:58] | You ran away because you were not brave enough | 你逃走了因为你没有勇气 |
[24:01] | to face the Balance as the rest of us do. | 像我们其他人那样面对平衡 |
[24:16] | What’s happening? | 发生了什么 |
[24:17] | The Ba’ul. | 堡乌人 |
[24:18] | They must have observed your return. | 他们一定是发现了你的归来 |
[24:20] | Once again you disturb the Great Balance | 你又一次破坏了伟大的平衡 |
[24:22] | and put our village in danger. | 把我们的村庄置于危险之中 |
[24:25] | You must leave now! | 你必须马上离开 |
[24:26] | We won’t be safe until you’re gone. | 你不走我们就不会安全 |
[24:30] | Siranna, this might be the last time we ever see each other. | 瑟拉娜 这可能是我们俩最后一次见面了 |
[24:33] | Return to the stars, Saru. There is no place for you here. | 回你的群星上去吧萨鲁 这里没你的位置 |
[24:50] | They’re coming. | 他们来了 |
[24:53] | Discovery, | 发现号 |
[24:54] | beam us back. | 把我们传送回去 |
[25:18] | Yellow alert. | 黄色警报 |
[25:19] | Commander Saru, Commander Burnham, | 萨鲁中校 博翰中校 |
[25:22] | please report to the bridge. | 请到舰桥报到 |
[25:30] | Whatever you did, the Ba’ul are hailing us now. | 无论你们做了什么 堡乌人现在在呼叫我们 |
[25:33] | I’m going to guess it’s not to invite us to a welcome party. | 我猜不是为了邀请我们参加欢迎会 |
[25:36] | Communication channel established. | 已建立通讯频道 |
[25:38] | It’s audio-only. | 仅限音频 |
[25:40] | Mr. Saru, I think it would be best | 萨鲁先生 我觉得你最好还是 |
[25:42] | if you stay out of this conversation. | 不要加入这次对话 |
[25:44] | This is Captain Christopher Pike of the USS discovery… | 我是联邦星舰发现号舰长克里斯托弗·派克 |
[25:47] | You have taken what belongs to us. | 你拿走了属于我们的东西 |
[25:51] | What have we taken, exactly? | 我们到底拿走了什么 |
[25:53] | A Kelpien. | 凯尔比人 |
[25:55] | Starfleet promised | 星际舰队保证 |
[25:58] | that it would not meddle in the internal affairs of our planet. | 不会干涉我们星球的内政 |
[26:03] | We’re investigating the signal that appeared over your planet, | 我们在调查你们星球上出现的信号 |
[26:06] | which I’m sure you noticed. | 我确信你们注意到了 |
[26:07] | These signals are typically followed by the arrival | 这些信号通常预示着 |
[26:10] | of an entity we call the Red Angel. | 一种存在的出现 我们称其为红色天使 |
[26:12] | Are you familiar with it? | 你们对它熟悉吗 |
[26:18] | The Red Angel may pose a threat to Kaminar’s Great Balance. | 红色天使会对卡米纳伟大的平衡造成威胁 |
[26:21] | Our mutual interest lies only | 我们共同的目标仅仅是 |
[26:22] | in keeping the peace, which we all… | 维持和平 我们都 |
[26:24] | No one is safer than under the Watchful Eye. | 没有人会比在监视之眼下更安全 |
[26:28] | Return the Kelpien to us, | 把凯尔比人还给我们 |
[26:30] | and we will allow you to leave without harm. | 我们会让你们毫发无损地离开 |
[26:33] | I am not yours to be returned! | 我本来就不属于你们 |
[26:35] | Mr. Saru. | 萨鲁先生 |
[26:35] | I am brother to Siranna, | 我是瑟拉娜的哥哥 |
[26:38] | who lives a life of oppression. | 她活在压迫之中 |
[26:40] | I am son of Aradar, | 我是阿拉达的儿子 |
[26:42] | who died needlessly at your hands. | 他平白死在了你们的手里 |
[26:44] | The Kelpien speaks. | 凯尔比人说话了 |
[26:46] | I am Commander Saru, | 我是萨鲁中校 |
[26:48] | the first and only Kelpien to join Starfleet, | 唯一加入星际舰队的凯尔比人 |
[26:50] | and I know the truth about Vahar’ai. | 我知道瓦哈莱的真相 |
[26:52] | The Great Balance is the only truth, | 伟大的平衡就是唯一的真理 |
[26:55] | and it must not be disturbed. | 决不能受到影响 |
[26:57] | Your lies no longer work on me. | 你们的谎言对我行不通了 |
[27:00] | I survived my Vahar’ai | 我活过瓦哈莱了 |
[27:02] | and I know that it means not death but evolution, | 我知道它并不意味着死亡 而是进化 |
[27:05] | an evolution you murder my people to suppress. | 你杀了我的族人来抑制的进化 |
[27:08] | Commander… | 中校 |
[27:08] | You think you know everything, Kelpien, | 你以为你无所不知 凯尔比人 |
[27:12] | but you do not even know what you are. | 但你都不知道你是什么 |
[27:16] | Captain, I detect | 舰长 我发现了 |
[27:17] | ten Ba’ul sentry ships on an intercept course. | 堡乌人巡逻船进入拦截路线 |
[27:19] | Shields up. Red alert. Show me what were dealing with. | 开启护盾 红色警报 给我看看目标是什么 |
[27:35] | Ba’ul ships are powering up their weapons. | 堡乌飞船在给他们的武器充能 |
[27:37] | – Warm up the phasers. – Aye, Captain. | -准备相位武器 -是 舰长 |
[27:38] | Whoever is listening to my voice, | 听到我声音的人 |
[27:40] | I advise that you consider | 我建议你们仔细考虑 |
[27:41] | your next move very carefully. | 你们的下一步行动 |
[27:42] | Give us the Kelpien. | 把凯尔比人交出来 |
[27:45] | Commander Saru is a political asylum seeker | 萨鲁中校是政治避难者 |
[27:47] | and a Starfleet officer, | 也是星际舰队的军官 |
[27:48] | protected by the Federation. | 受联邦保护 |
[27:50] | You would risk the lives of your own people | 你为了一个凯尔比人 |
[27:53] | for one Kelpien? | 要牺牲你的人的性命 |
[27:54] | This Kelpien is our people. | 这个凯尔比人就是我们的人 |
[27:57] | And to defend him, I will do whatever I deem necessary. | 为了保护他 我会竭尽所能 |
[28:00] | As will we. | 我们也会 |
[28:02] | The Ba’ul are activating the pylon | 堡乌人启动了萨鲁中校的 |
[28:03] | in Commander Saru’s village. | 村庄中的监视塔 |
[28:05] | You have interfered in the affairs of this village. | 你们干涉了村庄的事务 |
[28:09] | If you do not return the Kelpien, | 如果你不归还凯尔比人 |
[28:11] | there’ll be blood on your hands. | 你的手上就会沾满鲜血 |
[28:12] | The pylons are weaponized. | 监视塔被武器化了 |
[28:14] | They mean to destroy my village. | 他们要摧毁我的村庄 |
[28:16] | – We have to… – Mr. Saru! | -我们必须 -萨鲁先生 |
[28:18] | You will remove yourself from the bridge. | 请你立刻离开舰桥 |
[28:19] | – But, Captain… – That’s an order. | -但是舰长 -这是命令 |
[28:47] | Red alert. | 红色警报 |
[28:48] | All crew to their assigned stations. | 所有船员至指定岗位 |
[29:07] | You are relieved from duty. | 你下班了 |
[29:08] | – Sir? – Get out. | -长官 -出去 |
[29:21] | Saru, I know what you’re doing. | 萨鲁 我知道你在干什么 |
[29:23] | Move off the transporter pad now. | 立刻离开传送板 |
[29:34] | Or what, Michael? | 不然呢 迈克 |
[29:37] | I don’t want to use this. | 我不想用这个 |
[29:39] | But you’re not thinking clearly, Saru. | 但是你现在逻辑不清晰 萨鲁 |
[29:40] | I have never felt more clarity than in this moment. | 我从来没有感觉比现在更清晰过 |
[29:44] | This is the only way. | 这是唯一的方法 |
[29:48] | Would you not do the same for your own brother? | 为了你的弟弟你难道不会做同样的事吗 |
[30:07] | Sir, someone is beaming down to planet surface. | 长官 有人正向星球表面传送 |
[30:11] | What? Who is it? | 什么 是谁 |
[30:12] | Burnham to the bridge. It’s Commander Saru. | 博翰呼叫舰桥 是萨鲁中校 |
[30:15] | He’s surrendering himself. | 他要交出自己 |
[30:16] | Damn it. | 该死的 |
[30:17] | Captain, the sentry ships are powering down their weapons. | 舰长 巡逻船正在关闭武器 |
[30:31] | Ops, track Saru’s signal. | 操作官 跟踪萨鲁的信号 |
[30:37] | A Ba’ul ship has taken him. | 堡乌飞船把他带走了 |
[30:39] | They’re traveling toward… I’ve lost the signal, sir. | 他们正向…信号消失了 长官 |
[30:43] | He’s gone. | 他消失了 |
[30:58] | Well, with 100,000 years worth of data, | 这里有十万年的数据 |
[31:00] | there has to be some information about Kaminar | 在球体的档案中 |
[31:02] | in the Sphere’s archive. | 肯定有一些关于卡米纳的信息 |
[31:02] | Well, what precisely are we looking for? | 我们具体在找什么 |
[31:04] | When the Ba’ul learned that Saru | 当堡乌发现萨鲁 |
[31:05] | had survived his Vahar’ai, | 活过了他的瓦哈莱 |
[31:06] | their determination to capture him increased. | 他们要抓住他的决心更大了 |
[31:10] | It was as if his continued existence threatened them. | 就好像他的存在威胁到了他们 |
[31:12] | You think the Ba’ul are hiding something? | 你觉得堡乌人有所隐瞒吗 |
[31:13] | I think they know more about the changes brought on | 我觉得他们对瓦哈莱引起的变化的了解 |
[31:15] | by Vahar’ai than the Kelpiens do. | 比凯尔比人多 |
[31:17] | And I think they’re willing to do | 而且我觉得而他们会尽其所能 |
[31:18] | almost anything to keep that secret. | 保守秘密 |
[31:20] | Will they kill Saru? | 他们会杀了萨鲁吗 |
[31:21] | Not if we can find out what they’re hiding in time. | 如果我们能及时发现他们的秘密就不会 |
[31:25] | And there has to be something in the Sphere’s archive. | 球体的档案中肯定有些什么的 |
[31:27] | There has to be. | 肯定会有的 |
[31:28] | Well, that’s what Airiam and I are here for. | 这就是埃瑞安和我在这里的作用 |
[31:31] | We will find it. | 我们会找到的 |
[31:31] | There it is. | 就是这个 |
[31:33] | When I said “We,” I just meant Airiam. | 我说”我们”的时候我是说埃瑞安 |
[31:34] | The Sphere did collect readings from Kaminar. | 球体的确收集了卡米纳的数据 |
[31:36] | Thousands of years worth of statistical measurements. | 几千年的统计计量 |
[31:39] | Transfer it over to this station, please. | 请把它传送到这个工作站 |
[31:46] | And when Saru challenged the Ba’ul, they said, | 当萨鲁挑衅堡乌人的时候 他们说 |
[31:50] | “You do not even know what you are.” | 你都不知道你是什么 |
[31:53] | So, what is Saru? | 那萨鲁是什么 |
[32:29] | Siranna?! | 瑟拉娜 |
[32:31] | Brother? | 哥哥 |
[32:32] | Oh, why did the Watchful Eye take me? | 为什么监视之眼要带走我 |
[32:34] | It is not yet my time. | 我的时间还没到 |
[32:36] | My sister has nothing to do with this! | 我妹妹跟这事没有一点关系 |
[32:38] | I am the one you wanted. | 你们想要的是我 |
[32:44] | Why did you have to return? | 你为什么要回来 |
[32:46] | Everyone else thought you were dead. | 所有人都以为你死了 |
[32:48] | But the night you disappeared, | 但是你消失的那晚 |
[32:49] | I saw the light rising into the sky. | 我看到了一道光直冲天空 |
[32:57] | I became a priest to seek that light. | 我成为祭司就是为了寻找这一道光 |
[32:59] | To seek you. | 寻找你 |
[33:00] | Your face is beautiful to me, | 你的面孔对我而言是那样美丽 |
[33:02] | but part of me hoped I would never see it again. | 但我心里的一部分觉得我不愿再看到 |
[33:07] | Because it might mean you were free. | 因为那可能意味着你自由了 |
[33:41] | No! No. | 不 不 |
[33:46] | Stop! | 停下 |
[34:36] | Fascinating. | 太惊人了 |
[34:39] | Airiam, can you identify | 埃瑞安 你能找到 |
[34:40] | historical biological records from Kaminar’s surface? | 卡米纳表面的历史生物记录吗 |
[34:43] | Searching… | 寻找中 |
[34:46] | Yes, bio-signs were archived by the Sphere. | 对 生物信号都存在球体中 |
[34:49] | Um, actually, I can use those current readings of the Ba’ul | 其实我可以用现在堡乌人的读数 |
[34:52] | to distinguish their bio-signs from the Kelpiens. | 来把他们和凯尔比人的生物信号区分开 |
[34:54] | Right, and we can cross-reference | 没错 我们可以交叉对比 |
[34:56] | Saru’s medical records | 萨鲁的健康记录 |
[34:57] | to isolate the post-Vahar’ai Kelpiens | 从凯尔比人中筛选出 |
[34:59] | historic bio-signs from the rest of their species. | 经过瓦哈莱的凯尔比人的生理特征 |
[35:02] | The Ba’ul could only know about | 堡乌人会知道瓦哈莱会造成的进化学结果 |
[35:03] | the evolutionary consequences of Vahar’ai | 只可能因为 |
[35:05] | if, at one time, they experienced them. | 他们曾经经历过这个结果 |
[35:07] | Otherwise, why does it threaten them? | 否则 它怎么会威胁到他们 |
[35:09] | Well, if we, uh, go back 2,300 years, uh, | 如果我们回溯2300年 |
[35:13] | there’s a significant portion of the Kelpiens were like Saru. | 会有很大一部分凯尔比人像萨鲁这样 |
[35:16] | They survived Vahar’ai? | 他们活过了瓦哈莱吗 |
[35:18] | The blue represents evolved Kelpiens, | 蓝色代表进化后的凯尔比人 |
[35:20] | green unevolved, red Ba’ul. | 绿色代表未进化的 红色是堡乌人 |
[35:23] | Sorry, that… | 对不起 那 |
[35:25] | that doesn’t look right. | 看起来不太对 |
[35:26] | The Ba’ul narrowly escaped extinction. | 堡乌人在灭绝的边缘活了下来 |
[35:31] | Then they turned around | 然后他们反过来 |
[35:32] | and wiped out the evolved Kelpiens. | 消灭了进化后的凯尔比人 |
[35:34] | Leaving only unevolved Kelpiens, but… | 只剩下未进化的凯尔比人 但 |
[35:36] | Wait, so all this would mean that… | 等等 所以这一切可能意味着 |
[35:38] | The Ba’ul were originally the prey species. | 堡乌人原本是猎物种族 |
[35:40] | So they would think of Saru as a… | 所以他们会认为萨鲁是 |
[35:43] | Predator. | 捕猎者 |
[36:08] | The first Kelpien to pass its Vahar’ai in over 2,000 years, | 两千多年来第一个经过瓦哈莱的凯尔比人 |
[36:14] | and your primal, feral responses | 而你们本性的野蛮的反应 |
[36:18] | are the same as centuries ago. | 和几千年前依然一样 |
[36:20] | Your kind can never govern itself. | 你们种族永远无法自治 |
[36:24] | The Federation has no idea | 联邦完全不知道 |
[36:26] | what they have welcomed into their ranks. | 他们招入了什么样的种族 |
[36:30] | They gave me the chance stolen by the Ba’ul. | 他们给了我被堡乌人夺去的机会 |
[36:32] | Your species does not deserve a second chance. | 你的种族不值得有第二次机会 |
[36:37] | The Great Balance is the only way to ensure | 伟大的平衡是唯一能确保 |
[36:41] | you do not destroy everything in your path. | 你们不摧毁所触及的一切的方法 |
[36:44] | The Great Balance is a lie | 伟大的平衡是个谎言 |
[36:48] | you created to defend yourselves from us, | 你们创造它用来保护自己不受我们伤害 |
[36:51] | and to absolve yourselves of murder. | 也开脱你们谋杀的罪名 |
[36:54] | In truth, you are frail. | 事实上 你们全都不堪一击 |
[36:57] | You would be helpless without your technology. | 没有你们的科技 你们将无计可施 |
[36:59] | We will never allow the past to be repeated. | 我们绝不会让历史重演 |
[37:03] | No threat to the Great Balance will go unanswered. | 针对伟大的平衡的任何威胁都会遭到反抗 |
[37:07] | You cannot maintain what you think of as peace | 你靠宰杀我们 |
[37:09] | by continuing to cull us. | 是没法维持你想象中的和平的 |
[37:11] | Kelpiens are more than our instincts. | 凯尔比人的能力可不止我们的直觉 |
[37:13] | You are the only two Kelpiens to know the truth. | 你们是仅有的知道真相的凯尔比人 |
[37:16] | You will undergo analysis and be neutralized. | 你们会接受分析 并被消灭 |
[37:20] | The truth will be contained. | 真相不会泄露 |
[37:25] | Wait! | 等等 |
[37:39] | No, please, stop! | 不 求你 停下 |
[37:48] | Siranna! | 瑟拉娜 |
[38:23] | It is true, then. | 所以是真的 |
[38:25] | You have survived Vahar’ai? | 你真的活过了瓦哈莱 |
[38:27] | Yes. | 没错 |
[38:29] | I am what we used to become. | 我是我们过去进化后的样子 |
[38:31] | The form we were meant to take. | 是我们本应成为的样子 |
[38:33] | The Great Balance… | 伟大的平衡 |
[38:35] | our sacrifice to the Watchful Eye… | 我们为监视之眼做出的牺牲 |
[38:37] | It was all a lie. | 一切都是谎言 |
[38:38] | Forced upon us by the Ba’ul. | 堡乌人强加给我们的谎言 |
[38:40] | That stole our mother and father from us. | 它夺去了我们的父母 |
[38:42] | And generations of Kelpiens, beyond reckoning. | 还有世世代代不计其数的凯尔比人 |
[38:46] | And it must end. | 绝不能再这样下去了 |
[39:10] | The Ba’ul used their technological advantage | 堡乌人利用他们的先进科技 |
[39:12] | to lock the Kelpiens into subservience, | 将凯尔比人死死踩在仆从的地位 |
[39:14] | allowing them to live while eliminating the threat they posed. | 让他们存活的同时也掐灭任何他们造成的威胁 |
[39:17] | And that’s why the Ba’ul are afraid. | 这也是堡乌人恐惧的原因 |
[39:20] | Well, if we can help them understand | 如果我们帮他们理解 |
[39:21] | that Saru is not a threat, | 萨鲁并不是威胁 |
[39:22] | that his people need not be a threat… | 他的族人也不需要成为威胁 |
[39:24] | Sir, we’re receiving a hail… | 长官 我们收到呼叫 |
[39:26] | from the Ba’ul. | 来自堡乌人 |
[39:31] | We should accept it. | 我们应该连接 |
[39:40] | Discovery, this is Commander Saru. | 发现号 我是萨鲁中校 |
[39:43] | It’s good to hear your voice, Commander. | 听到你的声音太好了 中校 |
[39:45] | I am with Siranna, inside a Ba’ul structure. | 我和瑟拉娜在一起 在堡乌人的建筑里 |
[39:48] | But we have no other indicators of our position. | 但我们没有其它能指示位置的标志了 |
[39:51] | We can’t seem to get a lock on your coordinates either. | 我们似乎也没法锁定你们的位置 |
[39:53] | Your location must be shielded from our sensors. | 你们所在的位置肯定屏蔽了我们的传感器 |
[39:55] | Have you come in contact with the Ba’ul? | 你们与堡乌人接触了吗 |
[39:57] | Yes. It was… | 接触了 非常 |
[40:00] | enlightening. | 醍醐灌顶 |
[40:01] | Commander Saru, | 萨鲁中校 |
[40:02] | we used the Sphere’s archives | 我们用球体的档案 |
[40:04] | to analyze your planet’s history, | 分析了你的星球的历史 |
[40:05] | and it’s far more complex than we thought. | 比我们想象得要复杂得多 |
[40:08] | All evidence indicates that | 所有证据都表明 |
[40:10] | Kelpiens, in post-Vahar’ai form, | 凯尔比人 经过瓦哈莱后 |
[40:13] | were once the Ba’ul’s predators. | 曾经是堡乌人的捕猎者 |
[40:16] | That confirms my suspicions. | 这确认了我的怀疑 |
[40:18] | And the Ba’uls belief that, | 而且堡乌人相信 |
[40:19] | after passing Vahar’ai, | 经过瓦哈莱后 |
[40:21] | my people can only be predators. | 我们只会成为掠夺者 |
[40:23] | They will do anything to continue the culling. | 他们会不惜一切代价继续宰杀我们 |
[40:25] | And to keep more Kelpiens from learning the truth. | 以及阻止凯尔比人知道真相 |
[40:28] | It will not be easy to convince my people | 很难让我的人民相信 |
[40:30] | the Great Balance is a deception, | 伟大的平衡是个谎言 |
[40:33] | but we must find a way to save them. | 但我们必须想办法救他们 |
[40:35] | Thousands of years of conditioning | 几千年的潜移默化的影响 |
[40:36] | will take time to undo. | 需要时间消除 |
[40:38] | But Siranna is right. | 但瑟拉娜说得对 |
[40:39] | We must demonstrate to Kelpiens | 我们必须向凯尔比人 |
[40:41] | and Ba’ul alike what we could become. | 和堡乌人展示我们可以变成什么样子 |
[40:43] | The same way I was shown. | 就像我发现的一样 |
[40:45] | The Sphere. | 球体 |
[40:47] | The Sphere triggered your Vahar’ai. | 球体激活了你的瓦哈莱 |
[40:48] | Yes, but we need to accelerate the process. | 没错 但我们需要加速这个过程 |
[40:50] | We cannot allow the Ba’ul to take action | 我们不能允许堡乌人 |
[40:52] | before Vahar’ai is complete for all Kelpiens. | 在所有凯尔比人结束瓦哈莱前有所行动 |
[40:56] | If we isolate the active frequencies | 如果我们筛选出 |
[40:58] | in the Sphere’s transmission, | 球体发出的活跃频率 |
[41:00] | the corresponding sound wave | 相对应的声波 |
[41:01] | should speed up the biological response, right? | 应该能加速生理反应 对吗 |
[41:02] | I got it. | 明白了 |
[41:03] | And the Ba’ul will have no choice | 堡乌人就会别无选择 |
[41:05] | but to face our evolved race. | 而只能面对进化后的我们 |
[41:08] | What if history repeats itself? | 如果历史重演呢 |
[41:09] | We can’t be responsible for the extinction of the Ba’ul species. | 我们不能为堡乌种族的灭绝负责 |
[41:12] | But the Ba’ul are still vastly technologically superior. | 但堡乌人依然有很大的科技优势 |
[41:16] | It would take the Kelpiens generations | 凯尔比人想要对他们造成威胁 |
[41:17] | to become a serious threat. | 需要经过很多代人 |
[41:19] | Generations during which the Ba’ul could face | 在这期间堡乌人可能面临 |
[41:21] | the thing they fear most about us. | 他们最忌惮我们的事 |
[41:23] | Not our so-called baser instincts. | 并不是我们所谓的基础本能 |
[41:26] | Our rage. | 而是我们的怒火 |
[41:28] | But we will prove to them that we can move beyond it. | 但我们会向他们证明我们能控制住怒火 |
[41:32] | We will not perpetuate the cycle. | 我们不会让冲突愈演愈烈 |
[41:34] | We will create | 我们会营造 |
[41:35] | a new balance. | 一种新的平衡 |
[41:38] | Captain, I cannot prove it, | 舰长 我没法证明 |
[41:40] | but I believe this is what the signal brought us here to do. | 但我相信信号带我们来这里就是为了这个 |
[41:44] | Very well, Commander. | 很好 中校 |
[41:45] | Discovery will help you amplify the signal. | 发现号会帮你加强信号 |
[41:48] | How will we broadcast the Sphere’s transmission | 我们如何将球体的信号 |
[41:50] | to all the Kelpiens at once? | 同时广播给所有凯尔比人 |
[41:51] | The same way I made first contact with Captain Georgiou. | 和我第一次联络乔久舰长的方法一样 |
[41:55] | By using the Ba’uls own technology against them. | 用堡乌人自己的科技对抗他们 |
[41:59] | That should do the trick. | 这样应该可以了 |
[42:00] | Commander Saru, I’m sending you the modified | 萨鲁中校 我正将修改过的 |
[42:02] | Sphere transmissions now. | 球体信号发给你 |
[42:17] | Once I do this, | 一旦我这样做 |
[42:20] | all Kelpiens, including you, will begin Vahar’ai. | 所有凯尔比人 包括你 都会开始瓦哈莱 |
[42:24] | Everything will change. | 一切都会改变 |
[42:26] | I’m afraid it’ll be much more painful, | 恐怕会非常痛苦 |
[42:31] | like being torn apart from within. | 就像从体内被撕裂一样 |
[42:33] | Just promise me, brother, | 哥哥 你只要向我保证 |
[42:35] | that this will not be the end of our people. | 这不会是我们族人的终结 |
[42:37] | No. It will be a new beginning. | 不 这会是新的起点 |
[42:46] | Then let it begin. | 那就开始吧 |
[43:14] | Bio-sign readings indicate that Vahar’ai | 生物信号扫描显示63%的 |
[43:17] | has initiated in 63% of Kelpiens and rising. | 凯尔比人已开始瓦哈莱 比例仍在上升 |
[43:29] | I’m sorry. It will be over soon. | 对不起 很快就会结束的 |
[43:39] | Sir, I’m detecting massive activity | 长官 我探测到湖面之下 |
[43:41] | beneath the surface of the lake. | 有大规模活动 |
[43:43] | On screen. | 放到屏幕上 |
[43:45] | There’s a structure rising above the water. | 有建筑升出水面了 |
[43:47] | At least 50 kilometers in diameter. | 直径至少50千米 |
[44:26] | A Ba’ul stronghold. | 一个堡乌要塞 |
[44:27] | Protected by a powerful force field. | 受到强大力场的保护 |
[44:28] | That might be where they’re holding | 萨鲁中校和瑟拉娜可能 |
[44:29] | Commander Saru and Siranna captive. | 就被他们关在那里 |
[44:31] | Red alert. Rhys, target that structure’s shields. | 红色警报 里斯 瞄准建筑的护盾 |
[44:33] | If we destroy them, maybe we can get a lock on Saru | 如果能摧毁护盾 也许我们能锁定萨鲁 |
[44:35] | and his sister’s location. | 和他妹妹的位置 |
[44:45] | You have survived. | 你活下来了 |
[44:57] | We have angered the Ba’ul. | 我们激怒了堡乌人 |
[45:07] | Owosekun, tell me what I’m looking at. | 奥沃瑟坤 解释我眼前的景象 |
[45:10] | That Ba’ul structure is activating pylons across the planet, | 那个堡乌建筑正在启动整个星球上的监视塔 |
[45:13] | with an energy buildup capable of destroying | 蓄积的能量足以摧毁 |
[45:14] | every Kelpien village. | 所有凯尔比村庄 |
[45:16] | Rather than let them evolve, | 为了不让他们进化 |
[45:17] | the Ba’ul are committing genocide? | 堡乌人要进行种族灭绝吗 |
[45:19] | Bryce, hail these bastards. | 布莱斯 呼叫这些混蛋 |
[45:21] | Rhys, forget the stronghold. | 里斯 别管要塞了 |
[45:23] | Get a target lock on those pylons. | 武器锁定那些监视塔 |
[45:25] | They’re not responding, sir. | 他们不回应 长官 |
[45:26] | Open a channel. | 打开频道 |
[45:28] | This is Captain Pike. | 我是派克舰长 |
[45:30] | I will not allow you to wipe out an entire race. | 我不会允许你们灭绝整个种族 |
[45:33] | Your fear of the Kelpiens has blinded you | 对凯尔比人的恐惧蒙蔽了你们的双眼 |
[45:35] | to a peaceful solution. | 有和平解决的办法 |
[45:37] | Starfleet can help you negotiate a new balance | 星际舰队可以帮助你们协商 |
[45:39] | between your two species, | 两个种族间的新平衡 |
[45:41] | protecting everyone on your world. | 保护你们星球上所有的人 |
[45:43] | However, if you choose | 但是 如果你们选择 |
[45:45] | to murder the entire Kelpien population… | 杀害全部的凯尔比人 |
[45:48] | …you will become our enemies. | 你们就会变成我们的敌人 |
[45:52] | Choose wisely. | 慎重选择 |
[45:57] | Sir, they’ve activated all 4,056 pylons | 长官 他们启动了分布于每个凯尔比村庄的 |
[46:01] | in every Kelpien village. | 总共4056个监视塔 |
[46:02] | Lieutenant Rhys? | 里斯上尉 |
[46:03] | There are too many pylons to target at once, sir. | 监视塔太多了 无法同时锁定 长官 |
[46:05] | Let’s get started. | 我们开始吧 |
[46:07] | Arm photon torpedoes. | 装载光子鱼雷 |
[46:11] | On my order. | 听我命令 |
[46:17] | The Ba’ul mean to kill us all! | 堡乌人想把我们都杀了 |
[46:19] | Discovery will stop them. | 发现号会阻止他们 |
[46:23] | No, no! | 不 不 |
[46:59] | Sir, sensor readings indicate | 长官 传感器探测到 |
[47:01] | a massive spike in electromagnetic radiation | 堡乌建筑内出现 |
[47:02] | in the Ba’ul structure. | 电磁辐射激增 |
[47:03] | The pulse has deactivated all the pylons across Kaminar. | 脉冲关闭了卡米纳上所有的监视塔 |
[47:06] | Rhys, hold your fire. | 里斯 别开火 |
[47:07] | What the hell is happening? | 到底发生什么了 |
[47:08] | The Ba’ul weapons and shields have all been disabled, | 堡乌人的武器和护盾都瘫痪了 |
[47:10] | but I can’t get a reading on what caused it. | 但我探测不出是什么导致的 |
[47:12] | The technology required to generate | 能产生这么大的 |
[47:13] | electric and magnetic fields that wide… | 电场和磁场的科技… |
[47:16] | This should be impossible. | 应该是不可能的 |
[47:43] | That is what you came to find. | 你来找的就是那个 |
[47:48] | A savior. | 一个救世主 |
[48:26] | Siranna, what has happened? | 瑟拉娜 发生了什么 |
[48:29] | How have we survived Vahar’ai? | 我们是怎么活过瓦哈莱的 |
[48:32] | The truth has survived. | 真相幸存了 |
[48:35] | It is time for a true balance to be restored. | 是时候恢复真正的平衡了 |
[48:50] | You do not have to be afraid anymore. | 你不用再害怕了 |
[49:22] | What’s this? | 这是什么 |
[49:23] | Commander Saru’s report, | 萨鲁中校的报告 |
[49:26] | shared in the spirit of cooperation. | 本着合作的精神共享 |
[49:28] | Thanks to Commander Saru’s enhanced eyesight, | 多亏了萨鲁中校卓越的视力 |
[49:31] | he was able to get a better look at the Red Angel. | 他把红色天使看得更清楚了 |
[49:33] | “The entity appears to be a humanoid | 这个存在看起来像是类人生物 |
[49:38] | “wearing a mechanized suit, | 穿着机械作战服 |
[49:40] | “exhibiting technology far beyond | 展现出远超现今 |
[49:42] | present Federation capabilities.” | 联邦能力的科技 |
[49:44] | So, | 那么 |
[49:46] | it’s someone. | 是一个人 |
[49:48] | And whether human or alien, | 不管是人类还是外星人 |
[49:51] | it has extremely advanced technology. | 它拥有非常先进的科技 |
[49:53] | Someone who is manipulating the fates of entire species. | 这个人在操控整个种族的命运 |
[49:57] | Control, | 管控 |
[49:58] | which models Section 31’s threat assessments, | 他们建模31区的威胁评估 |
[50:00] | is probably rightfully alarmed by… | 他们大概很有理由警惕这个… |
[50:03] | what is it? A… | 这是什么 一个… |
[50:05] | a time-traveling being pursuing its own agenda? | 一个时间旅行 推行自己的目的的生命体 |
[50:12] | When we forced the Ba’ul to decentralize their power | 当我们迫使堡乌人把他们的能量 |
[50:14] | across the entire planet, | 分散到整个星球上时 |
[50:17] | the Red Angel took advantage of their temporary exposure | 红色天使抓住了他们短暂暴露的机会 |
[50:19] | and used its advanced technology | 使用它先进的科技 |
[50:22] | to save the Kelpiens from genocide. | 挽救凯尔比人免于种族灭绝 |
[50:24] | And what happens when that technology | 当它用这种科技来对付我们时 |
[50:25] | is turned against us? | 会发生什么 |
[50:29] | Section 31… | 31区 |
[50:32] | and Controls threat-assessment models… | 和管控的威胁评估建模 |
[50:35] | seem a bit paranoid. | 看起来有些多疑了 |
[50:39] | You’re aware we’re no longer at war? | 你知道我们结束战争了吧 |
[50:41] | And we don’t want to end up in one again. | 而我们不想再陷入战争 |
[50:44] | This last war, sir, took a toll | 长官 参加之前那场战争的人 |
[50:47] | on those who fought it. | 付出了沉重的代价 |
[50:49] | Some of us are still torn apart. | 我们中有些人仍然伤痕累累 |
[51:14] | I felt the same way the first time I saw it, | 我第一次看到它时也有同样的感受 |
[51:17] | looking down on our planet, our home. | 俯视我们的星球 我们的家乡 |
[51:21] | Well, you took home with you. | 不过你把家乡带走了 |
[51:24] | Well, seeds of it, yes. | 家乡的种子 是的 |
[51:27] | This little garden was all I had for so many years. | 这么多年来 我只有这个小花园 |
[51:31] | But I realized | 但我意识到 |
[51:34] | there was so much more out there. | 外面的世界更加广阔 |
[51:41] | You could come with me, Siranna, | 你可以和我一起走 瑟拉娜 |
[51:43] | if you wanted to see it. | 如果你想去看看的话 |
[51:46] | Just for a while. | 待一阵就好 |
[51:50] | No. | 不 |
[51:51] | I must stay for my people. | 我必须为族人们留下来 |
[51:54] | There is a long road ahead, | 前路漫漫 |
[51:57] | Our minds must truly be free | 我们的思想必须真正解放 |
[51:58] | before Kelpien and Ba’ul accept each other. | 凯尔比人和堡乌人才能互相接受 |
[52:04] | But I am happy, brother. | 但我很高兴 哥哥 |
[52:07] | I know you did not leave Kaminar in fear, | 我知道你离开卡米纳不是因为恐惧 |
[52:10] | but in hope. | 而是因为希望 |
[52:13] | And you brought that hope back with you. | 并且你把希望带回来了 |
[52:15] | You and your Red Angel. | 你和你的红色天使 |
[52:45] | You are welcome to return home whenever you would like, brother. | 随时欢迎你回家 哥哥 |
[52:50] | I will, sister. | 我会回去的 妹妹 |
[53:24] | Thank you, Michael. | 谢谢你 迈克 |
[53:29] | I’m reminded. Do you know Aeschylus? | 这让我想起来 你知道埃斯库罗斯吗 |
[53:32] | An ancient Greek tragedian, | 一位古希腊悲剧作家 |
[53:33] | born circa 525 BC. | 生于公元前525年 |
[53:36] | “He who learns must suffer. | 了解的人必须受苦 |
[53:39] | And even in our sleep…” | 即便在睡眠中 |
[53:41] | “Pain that cannot forget | 无法遗忘的痛苦 |
[53:45] | falls drop by drop upon the heart.” | 点点滴滴落于心头 |
[53:55] | Knowing that my sister has a chance to evolve, | 知道我妹妹有机会进化 |
[54:01] | to live a full life, | 有机会充实地生活 |
[54:04] | it makes me feel I can endure anything. | 让我觉得我能承受任何事 |
[54:09] | I am sure, given the opportunity, | 我确信 如有机会 |
[54:13] | you would do the same for your own brother. | 你也同样会帮助你弟弟 |
[54:18] | If I could find him. | 如果我能找到他 |
[54:26] | But seeing you with Siranna has made one thing very clear to me. | 不过看着你和瑟拉娜让我明确了一件事 |
[54:30] | And that is? | 是什么呢 |
[54:33] | I need to go home as well. | 我也需要回家 |
[54:36] | To Vulcan. | 回瓦肯星 |