时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:03] | Hey, Michael, I was on my way to the Bajoran exchange | 迈克 我之前在去贝久交易所的路上 |
[00:06] | when this guy sitting next to me– | 当时坐在我旁边的一个人 |
[00:07] | and I think his black box is one of the ones you’re looking for. | 我觉得他说的黑盒子就是你在找的那种 |
[00:11] | It’s on Hunhau, Emerald Chain territory. | 在翰浩星上 属于翡翠链领地 |
[00:13] | – I won’t be long. – This was three weeks ago. | -不会耽搁太久的 -这是三周前的信息了 |
[00:16] | If Book found a third black box, and it shows the same variance, | 如果簿克找到第三个黑盒子 并且它展现出同样的差异 |
[00:19] | that means the Burn didn’t happen all at once. | 那就意味着烬灭并非同时发生 |
[00:21] | We have got to get to Hunhau. | 我们必须去翰浩星 |
[00:23] | – At the moment, we cannot. – Yes, sir. | -目前 我们没办法去 -是 长官 |
[00:26] | You’re the only person on this ship who’d say yes | 你是这艘星舰上唯一会同意 |
[00:28] | to going on an unsanctioned mission. | 参与一项未经授权任务的人 |
[00:29] | Are you in or out? Georgiou? | 你到底参不参加 乔久 |
[00:31] | You had me at “Unsanctioned mission.” | 你说”未经授权的任务”时我就已经决定参加了 |
[00:34] | The spore drive’s new and improved. | 孢子引擎是新升级的 |
[00:36] | I redesigned it so you won’t have to use those shunts. | 我重新设计了一下 这样你就不用分流管了 |
[00:38] | Little gooey. | 有点黏糊糊的 |
[00:40] | Commander Burnham left to pursue a mission of her own, | 博翰中校违背我的直接命令 |
[00:44] | against my direct orders. | 擅自执行自己的任务 |
[00:46] | Sir, you know, Michael is one of the people that I love | 长官 你知道迈克是这个世界上 |
[00:50] | most in this world, but she made a choice, | 我最爱的人之一 但她做出了选择 |
[00:52] | and now because of that, you don’t have one. | 而正因如此 你别无选择 |
[00:55] | You have to tell the Admiral. | 你得告诉上将 |
[00:57] | That is astute, Ensign. | 真聪明 少尉 |
[00:59] | Commander Burnham’s mission | 博翰中校的任务 |
[01:01] | was 100% rogue. | 完全无视上级指令 |
[01:02] | Until we solve the mystery of how the Burn happened, | 在我们揭开烬灭成因的神秘面纱之前 |
[01:05] | and why, I believe the Federation | 我相信星际联邦再也无法 |
[01:07] | will never be, can never be, brought back together again. | 也永远无法 重整旗鼓 |
[01:11] | Well, we’ll see what your intel brings, Commander. | 我们看看你的情报会有什么贡献 中校 |
[01:15] | I will leave it up to you, Captain, | 舰长 接下来就交给你 |
[01:17] | to determine the consequences of her insubordination. | 对她的抗命不从进行处置了 |
[01:20] | As of now, | 从现在开始 |
[01:22] | you’re relieved of your duty as my Number One. | 你不再担任大副一职了 |
[01:25] | You will restrict yourself | 你的职责 |
[01:26] | to chief science officer duties only. | 只是首席科学官 |
[01:34] | 联邦星舰发现号 星球星际联邦 | |
[01:36] | Personal log supplemental. | 个人日志 补充 |
[01:40] | Even after a year of finding my way alone, | 即使之前花了一年独自寻找出路 |
[01:44] | I truly believed I could find a way | 我仍然相信我能找到办法 |
[01:45] | to fit back into this uniform, | 重新穿上这身制服 |
[01:48] | onto this ship. | 回到这艘星舰上 |
[01:51] | Now I’m not so sure. | 现在我不那么确定了 |
[01:55] | I’ve become someone new. | 我变成了一个全新的人 |
[01:59] | Still just as committed to the Federation, | 仍然忠于联邦 |
[02:01] | to my friends… | 忠于我的朋友们 |
[02:03] | but there’s a distance between us now. | 但是现在我们之间已经有了距离 |
[02:08] | I know I’ll never be at peace until I solve the Burn. | 我知道破解烬灭前我永远不得安宁 |
[02:11] | But I don’t know if I can do it from Discovery. | 但我不知道在发现号上能不能做到 |
[02:17] | This may not be my home anymore. | 这里可能已经不再是我的家了 |
[02:21] | And I don’t know what that means. | 我不知道这意味着什么 |
[02:24] | Or where it will lead me. | 也不知道这会把我带向何方 |
[02:42] | So, when are we getting out of here? | 我们什么时候离开这里 |
[02:45] | You really hate it. | 你真的讨厌这里 |
[02:47] | “Hate” Is a strong word. | “讨厌”这词太夸张了 |
[02:49] | But I’m also living | 但我也确实 |
[02:50] | on the shuttle bay of a Federation starship | 住在一艘联邦星舰的穿梭舱里 |
[02:52] | and no one knows what to make of me. | 没人搞得清楚我是怎么回事 |
[02:55] | Let’s acknowledge this isn’t a long-term situation. | 我们得承认不能长期这样 |
[02:59] | Where would we go? | 我们要去哪里 |
[03:00] | Space. | 太空 |
[03:02] | And what about…? | 那个怎么办 |
[03:03] | – The Burn? – Yeah. | -烬灭 -对 |
[03:05] | The biggest, most dangerous cosmic puzzle of all time? | 有史以来最宏大 最危险的宇宙之谜 |
[03:09] | Have you always been this way? | 你一直都是这样吗 |
[03:15] | My brother, | 我弟弟 |
[03:17] | he called me on it… | 他说过我 |
[03:21] | how I take responsibility for everything. | 说我总想为一切负责 |
[03:25] | Sounds like we’d have gotten on, me and your brother. | 听起来我和你弟弟会相处融洽的 |
[03:27] | – Is that right? – Yeah. | -是吗 -是的 |
[03:29] | We’d bond over your endearing messianic complex. | 我们会因为你那讨人喜欢的救世情结而拉近距离 |
[03:33] | Says the man who risks his life to save helpless creatures. | 冒着生命危险拯救无助生物的人还好意思说 |
[03:36] | Oh, yeah. | 是啊 |
[03:56] | – Saru, uh… – Demoted me. | -萨鲁… -给我降职了 |
[03:58] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[04:04] | You put me in a really horrible position with Saru, | 你一个人离开的时候 |
[04:07] | and with the Admiral when you went off on your own. | 让我很难面对萨鲁和上将 |
[04:11] | It would’ve been so much worse if I had told you. | 如果我告诉你的话 会变得更糟 |
[04:13] | My choice. Not yours. | 这要由我选择 而不是你 |
[04:19] | I’m sorry, Tilly. | 对不起 提利 |
[04:21] | This transition has been difficult for all of us. | 我们所有人都很难接受这么大的转变 |
[04:24] | I had to go. | 我必须去 |
[04:27] | I had to. | 必须去 |
[04:31] | The truth is… | 事实是 |
[04:35] | I don’t know how I fit in anymore. | 我觉得我已经不归属于这里了 |
[04:43] | Uh, one one-millionth of a microsecond. | 百万分之一微秒 |
[04:46] | You were right. Uh, that was the difference. | 你是对的 确实有区别 |
[04:48] | The USS Yelchin, the first black box you found. | 联邦星舰尤金号 你找到的第一个黑盒子 |
[04:50] | When the Burn happened, it lost contact | 烬灭发生时 它正好在 |
[04:52] | at precisely 8-1-9-8-6 mark 2-7-2-1-3-9. | 81986·272139失去联系 |
[04:57] | Now, t-the Gav’Nor, a thousand light-years away, lost contact | 一千光年之外的加佛诺号 |
[05:00] | one one-millionth of a microsecond later. | 在一百万分之一微秒之后失去了联系 |
[05:03] | What about the Giacconi? The data recorder Book found? | 那贾科尼号 簿克找到的数据记录器呢 |
[05:05] | The computer’s still working on it. | 计算机还在处理 |
[05:06] | But with three points of data, we can triangulate and pinpoint | 但是有了三个数据点 我们就可以进行三角测量 |
[05:08] | – the source of the Burn. – In two dimensions, maybe, | -并精确定位烬灭的源头 -也许在二维空间里是这样的 |
[05:11] | but in three-dimensional space, that still leaves an area | 但是在三维空间里 定位的范围 |
[05:13] | far too large to explore in several lifetimes, | 仍然大到需要几辈子才能探明 |
[05:16] | so we have to narrow it down. | 所以我们必须缩小范围 |
[05:18] | Somehow we need to find more data. | 无论如何 我们要找到更多的数据 |
[05:20] | Well, I flagged this… | 我在联邦数据库里查阅的时候 |
[05:23] | when I was going through Federation databases. | 标记了这个 |
[05:26] | It’s an experiment, SB-19. | 这是个实验 SB-19 |
[05:28] | They spread sensors | 他们在数十光年的 |
[05:30] | across dozens of light-years of subspace. | 子空间中布置传感器 |
[05:31] | They had a front-seat view of the Burn. | 他们近距离观察了烬灭 |
[05:33] | SB-19 reported no findings. | SB-19报告没有发现 |
[05:35] | So, either the sensors didn’t record anything… | 所以要么传感器什么也没记录下来 |
[05:37] | Which isn’t likely. | 这不太可能 |
[05:38] | …or they didn’t make their results public. | 要么他们没有公开实验结果 |
[05:40] | In which case, the Admiral might have access to it. | 那样的话 上将也许可以调取数据 |
[05:42] | He’s not my biggest fan right now. | 他现在对我不太感冒 |
[05:44] | This is bigger than you. And bigger than him– | 这事比你更重要 也比他更重要 |
[05:46] | It’s bigger than everybody. Right? | 比所有人都更重要 对吧 |
[05:53] | What if you hadn’t made it back? | 要是你没能回来呢 |
[05:58] | What would I do? | 我该怎么办 |
[06:02] | Analysis complete. | 分析完成 |
[06:05] | The Giacconi. It lost contact | 贾科尼号在尤金号 |
[06:08] | seven one-millionths of a microsecond after the Yelchin. | 失联之后七千一百万分之一秒后失联了 |
[06:11] | That confirms it. | 这就证实了 |
[06:15] | You’re telling me these three ships | 你是说这三艘星舰 |
[06:16] | were all destroyed by the Burn at different times. | 在不同的时间被烬灭破坏了 |
[06:21] | The difference is in millionths of a microsecond, | 差别只有百万分之一微秒 |
[06:23] | but yes, there is a difference. | 但确实存在差别 |
[06:28] | Son of a bitch. | 真不敢相信 |
[06:29] | Are you familiar with an experiment called SB-19? | 你听说过一个叫SB-19的实验吗 |
[06:37] | We can’t access it. | 我们无法访问 |
[06:38] | Why? | 为什么 |
[06:41] | It’s Ni’Var. | 是双位一体星 |
[06:44] | You’d know it by its former name: Vulcan. | 你应该知道它以前的名字 瓦肯 |
[06:50] | Vulcans– the Vulcans changed their name? | 瓦肯人 瓦肯人改名了吗 |
[06:53] | Well, it’s not just the Vulcans who live there now. | 现在生活在那里的不只有瓦肯人 |
[06:55] | They share the planet with the Romulans. | 他们和罗慕伦人共享这个星球 |
[06:57] | The Romulans were considered enemies in our time. | 罗慕伦人在我们的时代是被视为敌人的 |
[07:01] | And for a long time after. | 之后很长一段时间也是如此 |
[07:03] | Until Ambassador Spock brought them back. | 直到斯波克大使带他们回归我们 |
[07:06] | You see, history had forgot this in your time, | 你看 你们时代的历史忘记了一件事 |
[07:08] | but the Vulcans and the Romulans | 瓦肯人和罗慕伦人 |
[07:09] | were two tribes of the same species | 可是同一种族的两个部落 |
[07:12] | that went their separate ways. | 只不过后来分道扬镳 |
[07:14] | Your brother started the process of reunifying them. | 是你弟弟掀起了让他们统一的进程 |
[07:18] | And he succeeded? | 他成功了是吗 |
[07:19] | It took centuries after his death, but yes. | 他去世后几百年才成功的 但确实成功了 |
[07:24] | But the Vulcans were always the first to share | 但瓦肯人总是第一个与联邦 |
[07:26] | their research with the Federation. | 分享他们研究成果的 |
[07:28] | Maybe in the past. | 也许在过去是这样 |
[07:30] | But Ni’Var left the Federation nearly a hundred years ago. | 但是双位一体星在将近一百年前离开了联邦 |
[09:11] | Vulcan was one of the founding members of the Federation. | 瓦肯是联邦的创始成员之一 |
[09:14] | They would never abandon it. | 他们永远不会抛弃联邦 |
[09:17] | Must have been the Romulans. | 一定是罗慕伦人搞的鬼 |
[09:18] | No, the Romulans wanted to stay. | 不 罗慕伦人想留下来的 |
[09:21] | Even before the Burn, the Federation | 即使是在烬灭之前 |
[09:23] | was running out of dilithium. | 联邦的二锂就快用光了 |
[09:25] | All member planets were ordered | 所有成员行星都接到命令 |
[09:27] | to put their best scientists towards finding a solution. | 要让他们最好的科学家找到解决办法 |
[09:31] | Ni’Var’s contribution… | 双位一体星的贡献 |
[09:33] | was SB-19, | 是SB-19 |
[09:35] | a system to transport starships thousands of light-years | 一个能在一瞬间就将星舰传送至 |
[09:39] | in an instant, much like your spore drive. | 数千光年远的系统 就像你们的孢子引擎 |
[09:42] | What happened? | 出什么事了 |
[09:43] | Well, it was new technology. | 这是一项新技术 |
[09:45] | Ni’Var scientists felt | 双位一体星的科学家认为 |
[09:47] | ultimately that it was too dangerous, | 这还是太过危险了 |
[09:49] | so they asked permission to shutter the program. | 于是他们申请终止这个项目 |
[09:53] | But it was the most promising | 但这是当代最有希望成功的 |
[09:54] | dilithium alternative of the day, | 二锂替代品 |
[09:56] | and so the Federation ordered them to proceed. | 所以联邦命令他们继续研究 |
[09:59] | They think they caused the Burn? | 他们认为是自己造成了烬灭吗 |
[10:01] | No. | 不 |
[10:03] | They think we forced them to cause the Burn. | 他们认为是我们强迫他们造成了烬灭 |
[10:07] | So they left the Federation | 所以他们离开了联邦 |
[10:09] | and kept the SB-19 data from us. | 并禁止我们访问SB-19的数据 |
[10:12] | Sir… | 长官 |
[10:14] | we have proof the Burn had a different origin. | 我们有证据证明烬灭是另有元凶 |
[10:18] | I don’t think any claims of proof | 我不认为声称有证据 |
[10:19] | are gonna make any difference. | 能改变任何现状 |
[10:21] | They’re convinced they’re right. | 他们对自己深信不疑 |
[10:22] | Well, perhaps, then, this new information | 那么也许 这个新信息 |
[10:25] | would be sufficient to reopen diplomatic relations. | 足以重开外交关系 |
[10:29] | We have to tell them. | 我们必须告诉他们 |
[10:30] | There must be a way to get them to listen. | 一定有办法让他们听进去 |
[10:36] | Spock’s sister. | 斯波克的妹妹 |
[10:37] | Sending Commander Burnham as our representative | 派博翰中校作为我们的代表前去 |
[10:40] | might tip the scales. | 可能会带来变化 |
[10:41] | Admiral, | 上将 |
[10:42] | I must inform you, | 我必须通知你 |
[10:44] | Commander Burnham was reprimanded | 博翰中校因不服从命令 |
[10:45] | for her insubordinate actions | 而受到贬斥 |
[10:47] | and dismissed as my first officer. | 已不再担任我的大副一职 |
[10:49] | Insubordinate or not, | 不管她服不服从 |
[10:50] | she’s the only person who could open that door. | 她都是唯一能打开局面的人 |
[10:53] | – And now with this new information… – Sir, | -现在又有了新情报 -长官 |
[10:55] | I don’t think I can genuinely represent | 我觉得我现在没法 |
[10:58] | the Federation right now. | 真正地代表联邦 |
[11:02] | Find a way. | 想办法 |
[11:03] | I’m gonna bring the diplomatic corps into the loop. | 我会叫外交使团介入 |
[11:06] | I’m gonna send a full report to Ni’Var, headline: | 我要给双位一体星发一份完整报告 标题就是 |
[11:09] | “Michael Burnham Is Coming.” | 迈克·博翰来了 |
[11:17] | Listen to me, little brother. | 听我说 弟弟 |
[11:20] | This is the last advice I’ll ever be able to give you. | 这是我能给你的最后的建议了 |
[11:23] | There’s a whole galaxy out there, | 外太空有一整个星系 |
[11:26] | full of people who will reach for you. | 那里的人会来寻找你 |
[11:32] | You have to let them. | 而你必须让他们找到 |
[11:36] | Reach for them. | 去找他们 |
[11:54] | Ambassador Spock. | 斯波克大使 |
[11:56] | Circa stardate 45825. | 星历45825年 |
[11:59] | Coordinates redacted, | 坐标有修改 |
[12:00] | retrieved from classified archive, | 信息来源于机密档案 |
[12:02] | the personal files of Admiral Jean-Luc Picard. | 让-吕克·皮卡德上将的个人档案 |
[12:08] | Play. | 播放 |
[12:09] | Closed minds have kept these two worlds apart for centuries. | 封闭的思想已经让两个世界分隔了数百年 |
[12:12] | We can either choose to live with that enmity, | 我们要么选择忍受这种敌对状态 |
[12:15] | or seek a way to change it. | 要么想办法改变它 |
[12:17] | The union of the Vulcan and the Romulan people | 瓦肯人和罗慕伦人的联合 |
[12:20] | will not be achieved by politics or by diplomacy. | 虽不能通过政治或外交手段取得 |
[12:24] | But it will be achieved. | 但它一定会实现的 |
[12:26] | Like the first Vulcans, these people are struggling | 与最初的瓦肯人一样 这些人也正经历着 |
[12:29] | through a new enlightenment. | 新启蒙运动的熬煎 |
[12:32] | And it may take decades or even centuries for them to reach it, | 而这运动或许会持续数十甚至数百年才会成功 |
[12:36] | but they will reach it. | 但终将成功 |
[12:39] | And I must help. | 而我必须伸出援手 |
[12:53] | You know, I never let myself | 我从不让自己 |
[12:55] | look back to find out who he became. | 回头 看他变成了怎样的人 |
[12:59] | You guys are chronic overachievers. | 你们这些家伙真是不办小事啊 |
[13:07] | How am I gonna do this, Book? | 我该怎么做 簿克 |
[13:11] | It’s possible that a person who has a… | 有可能 一个与未来 |
[13:14] | complex relationship with the future | 有着复杂关系的人 |
[13:17] | is the exact right person to do this job. | 正是完成这项任务的最合适人选 |
[13:27] | I am sure you have heard… | 你一定听说了 |
[13:29] | I dismissed Commander Burnham as my first officer. | 我解除了博翰中校的大副职务 |
[13:33] | Must have been very difficult for you, sir. | 这对你来说一定很难 长官 |
[13:40] | I would like you to serve as my acting first officer | 我希望选你担任我的代理大副 |
[13:43] | until I find a permanent replacement. | 直到我找到合适的替补人选 |
[13:46] | Uh, sir, what? | 这个 你说什么 |
[13:49] | I… | 我 |
[13:51] | I never completed the Command Training Program. | 我从没完成过指挥训练计划 |
[13:53] | – I… – You traveled through | -我 -你穿越了 |
[13:54] | a wormhole 930 years into the future. | 一个虫洞 来到了930年后的未来 |
[13:59] | I am confident in saying your experience | 我毫不夸张地说 你的经历 |
[14:02] | now exceeds the parameters | 已经超过了 |
[14:03] | designed for the Command Training Program. | 为指挥官训练计划所设计的参数 |
[14:06] | Sir, I’m an ensign. | 这个 我是少尉 |
[14:08] | I… | 我 |
[14:10] | I would be responsible for lives. | 我需要对生命负责 |
[14:12] | Part of leadership | 领导力的一部分 |
[14:13] | is the acknowledgment that one is suited to it. | 是认识到自己适合成为领导 |
[14:16] | Many members of our crew have struggled | 我们的许多船员都对这一系列巨变 |
[14:19] | with all that has changed. | 表现出极度的不适应 |
[14:21] | I have watched you rise to the occasion. | 我亲眼看着你顺利适应变化 |
[14:24] | I believe you can help them rise, as well. | 我相信你也能帮助他们尽快适应 |
[14:27] | And I believe you will always put the needs of Starfleet | 我也相信你永远都会将星舰及联邦的需要 |
[14:31] | and the Federation ahead of your own wishes. | 置于自己的需求之上 |
[14:35] | Sir, are you asking me because I’m qualified | 长官 你来问我 是因为我有资格 |
[14:38] | or because I’m… compliant? | 还是因为我… 守规矩 |
[14:42] | I’m asking | 我要你做大副 |
[14:43] | because I believe this is in the best interest of our ship. | 是因为我相信这是对这艘星舰最好的选择 |
[14:51] | Take a day to think about it. | 给你一天时间去考虑 |
[14:54] | Now let us jump to Ni’Var. | 现在我们跃进去双位一体星吧 |
[15:03] | Status report, please. | 状态报告 |
[15:04] | Coordinates locked in. | 坐标已经锁定 |
[15:05] | All hands ready to jump to Ni’Var. | 所有船员做好跃进准备 |
[15:07] | HQ confirms that Ni’Var is expecting us. | 总部确认双位一体星在等待我们的到来 |
[15:10] | Very well. | 很好 |
[15:11] | The people of Ni’Var | 双位一体星的人民 |
[15:13] | have not been visited by a Federation starship | 已经有差不多一个世纪没有接待过 |
[15:16] | in nearly a century. | 星际联邦星舰的访问了 |
[15:17] | Let us remind them who we are | 我们来提醒他们我们是谁 |
[15:20] | and how important they are to us. | 他们对我们有多么重要吧 |
[15:23] | Black Alert. | 黑色警报 |
[15:54] | Sir, we are in Lagrange One for Ni’Var, | 长官 我们在前往双位一体星的 |
[15:56] | formerly the planet Vulcan. | 拉格朗日1号静止点 曾经的瓦肯星 |
[16:00] | Incoming transmission. | 收到通讯信号 |
[16:01] | Open the channel. | 打开频道 |
[16:12] | I am T’Rina… | 我是特瑞娜… |
[16:13] | president of Ni’Var. | 双位一体星的总统 |
[16:16] | Greetings. | 向您问候 |
[16:17] | I am Saru | 我是萨鲁 |
[16:19] | of the USS Discovery. | 联邦星舰发现号 |
[16:20] | The Federation sent word you were en route | 星际联邦发信息说你们是使用 |
[16:22] | using a unique propulsion system. | 一个独特的推进系统前来的 |
[16:25] | I presume that is how you evaded our long-range sensors? | 我想那就是你们躲过我们远程传感器的方法 |
[16:28] | I assure you, we were not attempting to evade. | 我向您保证 我们没有想要躲避 |
[16:31] | Discovery is equipped with a system | 发现号装备了一个系统 |
[16:32] | that allows us to travel across the mycelial network. | 可以让我们穿越菌丝网络进行旅行 |
[16:36] | We’ve been briefed regarding the special circumstances | 我们得知了发现号船员的 |
[16:38] | of Discovery’s crew. | 特别情况 |
[16:40] | And your special passenger. | 以及你们的特殊乘客 |
[16:48] | Greetings, Madam President. | 向您问候 总统女士 |
[16:50] | I am Michael Burnham. | 我是迈克·博翰 |
[16:51] | Daughter of Sarek. | 沙瑞克的女儿 |
[16:53] | Sister of Spock. | 斯波克的姐姐 |
[16:55] | It is an honor to greet you. | 很荣幸见到您 |
[16:57] | I only wish Ambassador Spock could see | 我真心希望斯波克大使能像您现在一样 |
[16:59] | the fruits of his labor as you do now. | 看到他辛苦培育出的成果 |
[17:01] | I do believe he would find it all… | 我确信他会觉得… |
[17:04] | fascinating. | 令人赞叹的 |
[17:07] | I would be pleased to speak further. | 我很愿意多聊一聊 |
[17:09] | But first we must dispense with the Federation’s request | 但首先我们必须先抛开星际联邦对 |
[17:12] | for data related to SB-19. | SB-19相关数据的要求 |
[17:17] | We’ve found significant | 我们发现了关键性的 |
[17:19] | new evidence related to the cause of the Burn. | 与烬灭起因相关的新证据 |
[17:22] | SB-19 can help us with that. | SB-19可以在这方面帮助我们 |
[17:24] | SB-19 is an issue of great cultural | SB-19在这里是事关文化 |
[17:27] | and political sensitivity here. | 和政治的敏感事务 |
[17:30] | Our inquiry is entirely scientific in nature. | 我们的访问完全是为了科学研究 |
[17:32] | Even science cannot be separated | 即使科学也无法 |
[17:34] | from cultural and political context. | 与文化和政治背景割离 |
[17:36] | There are always implications, as Spock himself learned. | 总是会有影响的 就像斯波克本人发现的 |
[17:39] | Ni’Var continues to struggle with the delicate balance | 双位一体星一直在统一后的微妙平衡中 |
[17:41] | of reunification, | 挣扎 |
[17:43] | which only became more complicated after the Burn. | 情况在烬灭之后变得更加复杂 |
[17:45] | Any theory Commander Burnham is developing could tear open | 任何博翰中校推出的理论都可能撕开 |
[17:49] | old wounds and we cannot afford that at this time. | 旧的伤口 而我们目前无法承受这样的后果 |
[17:52] | Madam President… | 总统女士… |
[17:52] | Permission to access SB-19 is denied. | 访问SB-19的申请被驳回 |
[17:56] | If you persist in requesting it, | 如果你们坚持要 |
[17:59] | I will have to be content with observing your spore drive | 我只能希望目送你们的孢子引擎启动 |
[18:01] | in action as you return to Federation headquarters. | 将你们送上返回星际联邦总部的旅途了 |
[18:08] | Madam President, do the people of Ni’Var still honor any | 总统女士 双位一体星的人民还履行 |
[18:11] | of the old ways? | 老的传统吗 |
[18:13] | Specifically in matters of scientific inquiry? | 尤其是和科学探索相关的 |
[18:16] | They do. | 是的 |
[18:17] | Then as a graduate of the Vulcan Science Academy, | 那么作为瓦肯科学院的毕业生 |
[18:20] | I respectfully invoke the T’Kal-in-ket. | 我崇敬地提出启动塔卡尔辩论 |
[18:30] | I will convene a Quorum. | 我会召集一个论坛 |
[18:40] | Commander? | 中校 |
[18:41] | The Vulcans have engaged in T’Kal-in-ket | 瓦肯人从苏拉克时代就开始 |
[18:44] | since the time of Surak. | 进行塔卡尔辩论了 |
[18:46] | The T’Kal-in-ket is a philosophical process | 塔卡尔辩论是一种旨在挖掘深层真理的 |
[18:48] | designed to unearth deep truths. | 哲学过程 |
[18:51] | It’s credited as one of the engines | 它被誉为推动早期瓦肯科学进步的 |
[18:52] | that lead to early Vulcan scientific advancement. | 发动机之一 |
[18:54] | And once invoked, | 一旦启动 |
[18:56] | the request cannot be denied. | 申请不能被拒绝 |
[18:58] | So you gave her no choice. | 所以你让她别无选择 |
[19:00] | It’s the only way we’ll have a chance at that data. | 这是我们访问数据的唯一机会 |
[19:02] | This could help us solve the Burn. | 它可以帮助我们解决烬灭的问题 |
[19:06] | What is the protocol? | 规矩是怎样的 |
[19:07] | I’ll have to rigorously defend my hypothesis | 我必须要在科学院前 |
[19:09] | before the Science Institute. | 竭力维护我的假说 |
[19:11] | I assume you are prepared? | 我假设你做好准备了 |
[19:13] | Of course, sir. | 当然 长官 |
[19:24] | Welcome to Discovery. | 欢迎登上发现号 |
[19:32] | A special chamber has been prepared for the T’Kal-in-ket. | 为塔卡尔辩论专门准备了一个会议厅 |
[19:39] | Madam President, uh, | 总统女士 |
[19:41] | will you permit me to give you a tour of our vessel? | 能允许我带您参观我们的星舰吗 |
[19:44] | You can forego the niceties, Captain. | 你可以把这些礼节都省掉了 舰长 |
[19:47] | Your commander has already diplomatically | 你的中校已经利用外交手段 |
[19:48] | forced me into a corner. | 把我逼到墙角了 |
[19:51] | Your shalankhkai will arrive momentarily. | 你的沙伦克凯稍后就到 |
[19:53] | My “Shalankhkai”? | 我的”沙伦克凯” |
[19:55] | An ancient Romulan designation. | 古老的罗慕伦称呼 |
[19:57] | Vulcans know it as “Sha-set.” | 瓦肯的理解就是”本方” |
[19:59] | Ah, my advocate. | 我的支持者 |
[20:01] | What’s new since your time is that only sisters | 从你那个时代以后新的变化是只有 |
[20:03] | from the Qowat Milat order can serve as advocates. | 科瓦特米拉派的姐妹才能充当支持者 |
[20:07] | Forgive me, I’m not familiar with the Qowat Milat. | 原谅我 我对科瓦特米拉派不太了解 |
[20:09] | The Qowat Milat are an ancient Romulan sect | 科瓦特米拉派是古老的罗慕伦派别 |
[20:13] | that live and die by the precept of absolute candor. | 他们遵从绝对的诚实训诫 |
[20:16] | A necessary outgrowth of a Romulan culture | 是罗慕伦秘密盛行的文化的 |
[20:18] | that trafficked in secrets. | 一种产物 |
[20:20] | They were essential in helping our ancestors trust one another | 她们在统一早期促进我们的祖先建立互信方面 |
[20:23] | during the early days of reunification. | 起了很大帮助 |
[20:25] | Today they enable us to have a healthy discourse on the planet. | 今天她们使得我们星球有一个健康的说理环境 |
[20:29] | It’s an ancient story, isn’t it? | 这是个古老的故事 不是吗 |
[20:31] | My people’s fates are so intertwined, | 我的人民的命运如此地交织在一起 |
[20:33] | and they are so similar in profound ways. | 他们对复杂的方式也是如此熟悉 |
[20:35] | Yet they do not trust each other. | 可他们彼此没有信任 |
[20:39] | I apologize for forcing your hand. | 我为逼迫您表示道歉 |
[20:41] | I meant no disrespect. | 我并非不尊重您 |
[20:43] | You are brave. | 你很勇敢 |
[20:46] | And technically a citizen of Ni’Var. | 而且严格说还是双位一体星的公民 |
[20:48] | Ultimately, you are within your rights. | 归根结底 你在行使你的权利 |
[20:50] | But I’m sure you are aware that a classic tactic | 但我相信你清楚在塔卡尔辩论中 |
[20:52] | during T’Kal-in-ket | 一种经典的战术 |
[20:54] | is to ruthlessly assail the credibility of the challenger. | 就是无情地攻击挑战者的可信度 |
[20:57] | – I am aware. – If you are not proved to be credible, | -我清楚 -如果你被证明不可信 |
[21:00] | it will be known forever that Spock’s sister | 那么这里永远都会记住斯波克的姐姐 |
[21:02] | returned to us a dissembler. | 是以伪君子的身份回来的 |
[21:03] | And that will have real and grave consequences. | 你会面临实在的严重的后果 |
[21:05] | Do you understand? | 你明白吗 |
[21:07] | Yes, ma’am. | 是的 女士 |
[21:08] | One Qowat Milat sister | 一个科瓦特米拉派姐妹 |
[21:10] | has taken a particular interest in your case. | 你对一个案子特别感兴趣 |
[21:12] | I suspect you may have a particular interest | 我想你可能 |
[21:14] | in her, as well. | 也对她特别有兴趣 |
[21:16] | She’ll be transporting in momentarily. | 她马上就要传送过来了 |
[21:22] | Be honest. | 保持诚实 |
[21:25] | Especially to yourself. | 尤其是对你自己 |
[21:53] | M-Mom? | 妈妈 |
[21:56] | Michael! | 迈克 |
[22:00] | Oh, I hoped, but I never… | 我希望 但我从来没有… |
[22:15] | I was informed your jump to the future | 我听说你来到未来的事 |
[22:17] | is not widely known even within Starfleet. | 即使在星际舰队内部也甚少为人所知 |
[22:21] | Yeah, the Admiral was concerned | 是的 上将很担心我们的经历 |
[22:22] | that it could be polarizing, given the Temporal Accords. | 在《时间协议》的存在下 会分裂人心 |
[22:26] | Yet there was no other way to explain to you | 但没有别的办法可以向你解释 |
[22:29] | the presence of Spock’s sister. | 斯波克姐姐的出现 |
[22:32] | I confess I am astonished at the risk taken by your crew. | 我承认我惊讶于你们船员所冒的风险 |
[22:35] | Duty called. | 为使命而生 |
[22:36] | I’m grateful for your courage. | 我很感激你的勇气 |
[22:39] | What do you make of this future? | 你怎么看待这个未来 |
[22:42] | Well, I am… | 我 |
[22:44] | troubled that… | 心忧的是 |
[22:46] | the Federation is so reduced. | 联邦的力量被削弱如此之多 |
[22:51] | But I’m heartened that those who remain | 但我很高兴那些留下来的 |
[22:53] | are committed to its core values. | 都决心维护其核心价值观 |
[22:56] | You sound quite certain of that. | 你听起来很肯定 |
[22:58] | I have seen their commitment | 我看到了他们的决心 |
[23:00] | to member and non-member worlds alike. | 对成员和非成员世界都一样 |
[23:04] | All personnel, Cargo Bay 3… | 所有人员 三号货舱 |
[23:07] | Forgive me if I’m overstepping, but… | 如果我越界了请原谅 但是 |
[23:09] | I know the Federation feels | 我知道联邦的深切地理解 |
[23:11] | the loss of Ni’Var… keenly. | 双位一体星所受的损失 |
[23:14] | I do hope that our visit | 我希望我们的访问 |
[23:16] | and Commander Burnham’s discussions with the Quorum | 以及博翰中校与论坛的辩论 |
[23:19] | will open new channels of diplomacy. | 将开辟新的外交渠道 |
[23:25] | That would require far more than one visit, Captain. | 那可需要不止一次来访 舰长 |
[23:28] | There had been numerous issues. | 有很多问题 |
[23:30] | SB-19 was merely the final blow. | SB-19只是最后一根稻草 |
[23:34] | Well, I would like to hear about them… | 我想听听这些问题 |
[23:36] | if I may. | 如果可以的话 |
[23:40] | Did you ever make it to Terralysium? | 你有没有到达极乐星 |
[23:42] | No, landed right back on Essof Four. | 不 直接降落在伊索四号星上 |
[23:45] | Wasn’t pretty. | 情况很糟 |
[23:48] | Ah, colonists brought me to the Qowat Milat who healed me. | 殖民者带我到科瓦特米拉派 她们治好了我 |
[23:52] | Seems like you could use a bit of that yourself. | 看来你自己也需要一些疗愈 |
[23:54] | What makes you say that? | 你为什么这么说 |
[23:56] | Well, you seem… | 你看起来 |
[23:59] | between places. | 有些心不在焉 |
[24:02] | This must be some of that | 这一定是我听说的那种 |
[24:03] | absolute candor I’ve heard about. | 绝对诚实吧 |
[24:06] | Actually, “Between places” | 实际上 “心不在焉” |
[24:07] | was my gentle way of saying “Lost.” | 是我委婉地描述”迷失”的说法 |
[24:10] | Thought I’d ease you in. | 本想让你自己慢慢悟出来的 |
[24:12] | I’m not lost. | 我没有迷失 |
[24:14] | Of course I’m happy to be back. Um, but… | 我当然很高兴回来 但是 |
[24:19] | But you learned to live | 但你学会了甚至喜欢上了 |
[24:22] | and maybe even like a different kind of life? | 另一种生活 |
[24:27] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[24:29] | When I landed here, the Sisters helped me | 当我在这里着陆时 修女们帮助我 |
[24:32] | learn how to just be where I am, | 学会融入这个世界 |
[24:36] | however unsettling it may be. | 不管这有多么令人不安 |
[24:42] | I don’t think I fit in here anymore. | 我觉得我不再归属这里了 |
[24:45] | Hmm. And it also sounds like that terrifies you. | 听起来这种想法让你心生恐惧 |
[24:48] | Not as much as the T’Kal-in-ket. | 不如塔卡尔辩论 |
[24:53] | You bit off a lot this time. | 这次你惹了不少人 |
[24:55] | But I’m right. | 但我是对的 |
[24:57] | I know I’m right about this. | 我知道我是对的 |
[24:59] | The Burn. | 烬灭 |
[25:01] | And with your help, | 在你的帮助下 |
[25:02] | we can convince them | 我们可以说服他们 |
[25:03] | to give us the SB-19 data. | 让我们访问SB-19的数据 |
[25:07] | You won’t convince them. | 你没法说服他们的 |
[25:09] | The Sisters of the Qowat Milat bind themselves to lost causes. | 科瓦特米拉修女救人于绝境之中 |
[25:13] | And right now, | 现在 |
[25:14] | there’s no cause more lost than yours. | 没有比你处在更艰难的绝境了 |
[25:16] | No. No, no, no. The whole point | 不 不 塔卡尔辩论的主旨 |
[25:18] | of the T’Kal-in-ket is to hear facts. | 就是听事实 |
[25:21] | And to use logic. | 讲道理 |
[25:22] | They’ll see. | 他们会明白 |
[25:23] | What they need to see. | 他们需要明白的东西 |
[25:26] | Just like the rest of us. | 就像其他人一样 |
[25:28] | N’Raj is a Romulan elder | 纳拉吉是罗慕伦长老 |
[25:30] | who longs for greater self-governance. | 他渴望更多的自治自由 |
[25:33] | V’Kir is the young leader of a sect of Vulcan purists. | 维基尔是一个瓦肯纯粹派的年轻领袖 |
[25:36] | Shira speaks for the Romulo-Vulcans | 希拉是罗慕伦-瓦肯人的代言人 |
[25:37] | who are trying to forge a new path here. | 他们在试图开辟一条新的道路 |
[25:40] | They all have their own truths, facts and logic | 他们都有自己的真理 事实和逻辑 |
[25:42] | that are vying for air. | 需要宣讲 |
[25:44] | Okay, then we appeal to V’Kir. | 好吧 那我们就迎合维基尔 |
[25:46] | A Vulcan purist must at least respond to logic. | 一个瓦肯纯粹主义者至少会讲逻辑 |
[25:52] | I’m here for you. | 我支持你 |
[25:53] | I am your advocate. | 我是你的支持者 |
[25:55] | But I would be betraying my sacred duty | 但如果我不告诉你真相 |
[25:57] | if I didn’t tell you the truth. | 就是背叛我的神圣职责 |
[25:59] | You’re walking in there with a lot of blind spots. | 你将要面对一场有很多盲点的战斗 |
[26:03] | The scarcity of dilithium | 二锂的缺乏 |
[26:05] | was caused, in part, by the sheer size | 在一定程度上是 |
[26:07] | of the Federation. | 联邦巨大的规模造成的 |
[26:09] | To solve that problem, | 为了解决这个问题 |
[26:10] | it stretched member worlds beyond capacity and comfort. | 它的压迫超出了成员世界的能力和承受范围 |
[26:14] | In its desire to serve the many, | 为了为多数人服务 |
[26:16] | the Federation ignored the needs of the few. | 联邦忽视了少数人的需要 |
[26:20] | Did your ancestors not coin the phrase | 你的祖先不是创造了这个短语吗 |
[26:22] | “The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few”? | “多数人的需要大于少数人的需要” |
[26:25] | When the people of Vulcan welcomed the Romulans home, | 当瓦肯人欢迎罗慕伦人入驻时 |
[26:29] | we were forced to confront centuries of mistrust | 我们被迫面对几个世纪以来 |
[26:31] | and brutality on both sides. | 双方的猜疑和残暴行径 |
[26:33] | Over time and with much effort, | 经过一段时间的巨大努力 |
[26:35] | we earned the wisdom to know | 我们习得了智慧 |
[26:37] | when to let go of maxims and proverbs. | 知道何时放下格言和谚语 |
[26:41] | Of course. | 当然 |
[26:42] | But perhaps the Federation | 但也许星际联邦 |
[26:44] | has acquired a newfound wisdom of its own. | 也获得了自己的新智慧 |
[26:50] | It has been my experience | 从我的经验来讲 |
[26:52] | that we learn our greatest lessons | 我们付出的代价惨重时 |
[26:56] | when we pay a heavy price. | 学到的也最多 |
[26:59] | You must admit, the Federation has paid | 你必须承认 联邦已经付出了 |
[27:02] | most dearly. | 惨痛代价 |
[27:08] | The T’Kal-in-ket is this way. | 塔卡尔辩论在这边 |
[27:42] | Thank you, Quorum members | 谢谢 论坛成员们 |
[27:44] | and Peers N’Raj, Shira and V’Kir. | 还有评审那拉吉 希拉和维基尔 |
[27:46] | Thank you, Qowat Milat Sister Gabrielle. | 谢谢你 科瓦特米拉修女加布里埃 |
[27:49] | Our purpose here is the excavation of truth | 我们的目的是挖掘真相 |
[27:54] | tested by the scientific rigors of logic and fact. | 经过科学严谨的逻辑和事实的检验 |
[27:59] | So let us begin with the facts. | 所以让我们从事实开始 |
[28:02] | We’ve already received and reviewed | 我们已经收到并审核过了 |
[28:03] | the data around your presentation | 你的论点和数据 |
[28:05] | and found it lacking. | 发现论据不足 |
[28:07] | I move to dismiss and end this Quorum. | 我提议解散并结束论坛 |
[28:10] | But, Peer V’Kir, you have not fully heard me out. | 但是 维基尔评审 你还没有听完我的话 |
[28:13] | In deference to Ambassador Spock, | 鉴于对斯波克大使的敬意 |
[28:15] | I prefer not to speak in such terms to you, | 我不想用这些语言指责你 |
[28:17] | but I will point out the puerility in your findings. | 但我要指出你的发现中的稚嫩 |
[28:21] | Ni’Var Science Institute has never disputed | 双位一体星科学研究所从未对 |
[28:23] | that there’s a source of the Burn. | 烬灭有源头一事提出异议 |
[28:25] | If that is your new theory, | 如果这是你的新理论 |
[28:27] | there is no need to waste our time. | 没有必要浪费我们的时间 |
[28:29] | But you think that the Burn started here. | 但你们认为烬灭是从这里开始的 |
[28:31] | I have evidence that shows that cannot be true. | 我有证据表明那不可能是事实 |
[28:34] | How long has the Federation had evidence of this? | 星际联邦拿到这个证据多久了 |
[28:37] | A great deal of suffering may have been avoided. | 也许本可以避免很多人受苦 |
[28:39] | I uncovered this last bit of evidence only days ago. | 我几天前才发现这最后一份证据 |
[28:42] | Her findings are based on fractions of microseconds | 她的发现是基于三艘星舰上记录的烬灭时刻 |
[28:45] | on the Burn destruction time stamps of three starships. | 有微秒级的差异 |
[28:48] | Across thousands of light-years, | 它们相隔数千光年之远 |
[28:50] | those numbers could have been skewed for a host of reasons. | 这些数字差异可能是很多原因造成的 |
[28:52] | We have accounted for subatomic lensing. | 我们已经考虑了亚原子透镜效应 |
[28:54] | Her minuscule sample size is inconsequential | 她极小的样本量 |
[28:57] | compared to what the Ni’Var Science Institute | 相比于双卫一体星科学研究所收集的数据 |
[28:59] | – has already collected. – Then why won’t you share that data? | -不值一提 -那为什么不分享这些数据呢 |
[29:01] | The data is sensitive in nature. | 数据信息是高度敏感的 |
[29:04] | We cannot risk it falling into the wrong hands. | 我们不能冒险让它落入坏人之手 |
[29:06] | We cannot risk how the Federation may use it. | 我们不能冒险让联邦随意使用这些数据 |
[29:08] | Carrying the weight of responsibility | 为烬灭背负着沉重的责任 |
[29:10] | for the Burn has created great hardship | 已经让我们的星球 |
[29:13] | for our planet. | 步履维艰 |
[29:14] | – If they can prove otherwise… – Peer N’Raj, | -如果他们能证明那不是 -那拉吉评审 |
[29:16] | given the unrest in your own province, | 鉴于你所负责的省份的动乱 |
[29:19] | how can you dispute | 你怎么能反驳 |
[29:20] | that knowledge in the wrong hands | 掌握在坏人手里的知识 |
[29:22] | is a dangerous thing? | 是十分危险的 |
[29:24] | And Peer Shira, | 还有 希拉评审 |
[29:25] | how many additional resources | 为了镇压罗慕伦-瓦肯地区的叛乱 |
[29:27] | have the Vulcans spent quashing insurgencies | 瓦肯人已经投入了多少 |
[29:30] | in the Romulo-Vulcan regions? | 额外资源 |
[29:33] | We cannot allow further unrest. | 我们不能允许进一步的动乱发生 |
[29:36] | Peer V’Kir, my brother would have | 维基尔评审 我弟弟会认为 |
[29:37] | found it illogical to sacrifice knowledge to avoid risk. | 为了避险而放弃知识是不合逻辑的 |
[29:41] | She invokes her own brother in an obvious effort | 她显然是在利用自己弟弟打情感牌 |
[29:43] | to win us to her cause through emotional appeal. | 来赢得我们对她的论点的支持 |
[29:46] | This is a forum for logic, Commander Burnham. | 这是一个讲逻辑的论坛 博翰中校 |
[29:48] | If there is even a chance | 如果有机会证明 |
[29:50] | we aren’t responsible for the Burn, | 烬灭不是我们的责任 |
[29:53] | we must join the investigation and share our evidence. | 我们必须参加调查并分享我们的数据 |
[29:57] | I would be willing to consider that. | 我愿意考虑一下 |
[29:59] | But…I’m not convinced of your motives. | 但是 我不确定你的动机是否合理 |
[30:03] | I want the truth. Nothing more. | 我想要真相 仅此而已 |
[30:06] | For whom? | 为了谁 |
[30:08] | For the Federation or yourself? | 为了联邦还是为了你自己 |
[30:13] | – For all of us. – This is immaterial | -为了我们所有人 -这些都无关紧要 |
[30:15] | and beyond the scope of this debate. | 并超出了这场辩论的范围 |
[30:17] | I am the chair of this Quorum, | 我是论坛主席 |
[30:19] | and I move to dismiss. | 我提议解散 |
[30:22] | Peer V’Kir has made a motion to dismiss. | 维基尔评审已经提出动议解散辩论 |
[30:24] | Is there consensus? | 各位认同吗 |
[30:25] | There is not. | 不认同 |
[30:26] | I’ll abstain at this time. | 我现在弃权 |
[30:28] | Three Quorum members, three opinions, no consensus. | 三个论坛成员 三种意见 未达成共识 |
[30:33] | Let us take a moment to adjourn to be in our thoughts. | 让我们暂时休会 认真考虑 |
[30:40] | None of these canisters should be empty. | 任何罐子都不应该是空的 |
[30:42] | Take them to the storage bay. Now, please. | 搬去储藏室 现在 拜托 |
[30:44] | – Aye, Commander. – What’s that look? | -是 中校 -那是什么表情 |
[30:47] | I need to talk to you. | 我要和你谈谈 |
[30:54] | Saru asked me to be his acting first officer. | 萨鲁让我做他的代理大副 |
[31:03] | So that would make you | 这样你就成了 |
[31:05] | my superior officer? | 我的长官 |
[31:07] | Yeah. | 是 |
[31:10] | Position only. Not in rank. | 仅限置位 等级上没有变化 |
[31:13] | Most of this crew has more experience | 大部分船员比我经验丰富 |
[31:15] | than me, so, like… | 所以 |
[31:17] | So, I guess I’m just, like, wondering, like, | 所以 我想我只是想知道 |
[31:20] | um, what you would think about… | 你会怎么看待 |
[31:24] | …me taking it? | 我接下这个职位 |
[31:27] | Honestly, the notion of taking orders from you is… | 老实说 接受你的命令会 |
[31:32] | deeply, deeply weird. | 非常 非常奇怪 |
[31:34] | Almost, uh, disturbing. | 几乎 令人不悦 |
[31:38] | What’s your ETA on recalibrating for the jump back? | 你预计什么时候完成跃进返回前的重新校准 |
[31:41] | Tell Detmer to relax. I’ll be ready. | 告诉达特曼 放松 我会准备好的 |
[31:43] | -I need to… -TILLY: Yeah, no. | -我需要 -是的 不 |
[31:44] | I know. Thank you. Sorry. Thanks. | 我知道 感谢 对不起 谢谢 |
[31:48] | V’Kir made up his mind before he set foot on this ship. | 维基尔在踏上这艘船之前就下定了决心 |
[31:51] | He believes he’s protecting his homeworld. | 他相信他在保护自己的家园 |
[31:53] | Engaging with you means moving closer to the Federation. | 与你交涉意味着离联邦更近 |
[31:56] | He’s weighing that, as well. They all are. | 他也在权衡这一点 他们都是 |
[31:58] | He claims to be a follower of the teachings of Spock. | 他自称是斯波克教义的追随者 |
[32:02] | That means seeking the truth. | 这意味着要寻求真相 |
[32:03] | He opened himself up and spoke the truth. | 他敞开心扉说了实话 |
[32:06] | As did I. I’m being truthful. | 我也是 我是诚实的 |
[32:08] | Not as truthful as you were with me | 不像你和我在一起时那么诚实 |
[32:09] | about whether or not you fit here. | 关于你是否归属这里 |
[32:11] | – That’s personal. – It’s relevant. | -那是私人聊天 -但也有关 |
[32:14] | I thought you were supposed to be advocating for me. | 我以为你应该支持我 |
[32:17] | What do you think I am doing? | 你以为我在干什么 |
[32:18] | Because it’s a lost cause? Right? | 因为这是个绝境 对吗 |
[32:20] | They are not the only audience in the room. | 他们不是房间里唯一的听众 |
[32:23] | You are Qowat Milat. | 你是科瓦特米拉 |
[32:27] | And you are my mother. | 你是我妈妈 |
[32:31] | Tell them that you know me. | 告诉他们你认识我 |
[32:33] | Tell them I can be trusted. | 告诉他们可以信任我 |
[32:35] | I’m sorry. | 我很抱歉 |
[32:37] | Based on what you’re not telling them, | 基于你没有告诉他们的 |
[32:40] | you cannot be trusted. | 你不能获得信任 |
[32:50] | The T’Kal-in-ket resumes. | 塔卡尔论坛继续 |
[33:03] | I’ve… | 我 |
[33:10] | I have presented data that I believe shows that the Burn | 我提供的数据表明 |
[33:14] | was not caused by SB-19. | 烬灭不是由SB-19引起的 |
[33:19] | However, it is true that… | 然而 事实是 |
[33:24] | …I cannot be sure. | 我不能肯定 |
[33:31] | With humility, I ask for your help. | 我谦卑地请求你们的帮助 |
[33:35] | And we are telling you | 我们告诉你 |
[33:37] | that the SB-19 data | SB-19的数据 |
[33:38] | definitively concludes that the Burn started here. | 给出的确切结论就是烬灭始于此地 |
[33:43] | Why don’t you believe us? | 你为什么不相信我们 |
[33:44] | Commander Burnham, | 博翰中校 |
[33:46] | are you speaking on behalf of the Federation? | 你是代表联邦发言吗 |
[33:49] | Yes. I am. | 对 我是 |
[33:50] | Then everything you say must be weighted with that fact. | 那你说的每句话都要结合这个事实考虑 |
[33:54] | Ni’Var did not take the decision to leave the Federation lightly. | 双位一体星并没有轻率地做出离开联邦的决定 |
[33:58] | You are asking us to trust | 你在请求我们相信 |
[33:59] | that they will not use our data unwisely, | 他们不会不明智地使用我们的数据 |
[34:02] | that they will not resume the original experiment. | 他们不会恢复原来的实验 |
[34:07] | That is a big ask. | 这是一个很大的请求 |
[34:09] | I know. | 我知道 |
[34:13] | But the Federation can be trusted. | 但是联邦是可以信任的 |
[34:17] | She’s asking this Quorum | 她要求论坛 |
[34:18] | to take what she says on faith. | 不加怀疑地相信她说的话 |
[34:21] | She demands trust | 她要求论坛信任她 |
[34:22] | while her own actions are cynical. | 可她自己的行为却难以服众 |
[34:27] | I only seek to share information | 我只想分享 |
[34:28] | that can better both of our futures. | 对我们双方的未来都有益的信息 |
[34:31] | – And we should believe you. – Yes. | -所以我们应该相信你 -是的 |
[34:34] | Because you are being honest when you say | 因为你说 |
[34:36] | the Federation has Ni’Var’s best intentions | 联盟对双位一体星毫无恶意 |
[34:38] | – at heart. – Yes. | -是真话 -是的 |
[34:40] | But your own story | 但你自己的故事 |
[34:42] | is completely incongruous to those assertions. | 与那些言论完全不一致 |
[34:44] | – What? – Didn’t you mutiny | -什么 -你有没有 |
[34:47] | against your friend and mentor Captain Philippa Georgiou | 在双星之战中反叛你的朋友兼导师 |
[34:50] | at the Battle of the Binary Stars | 菲利帕·乔久舰长 |
[34:51] | so you could deal with the Klingons as you saw fit? | 为了按你认为合适的方式对付克林贡人 |
[34:54] | Yes, but they… | 是的 但是他们 |
[34:55] | Didn’t she ultimately die in that battle? | 她最终不是死于那场战斗吗 |
[35:00] | Yes. | 没错 |
[35:01] | Less than 48 hours ago, you were relieved | 不到48小时前 你被贬斥 |
[35:04] | of your duty as first officer again | 不再任大副的之职 |
[35:06] | for disobeying yet another direct command | 原因仍然是不服从 |
[35:09] | from yet another captain. | 另一位舰长的直接命令 |
[35:11] | This is who the Federation sends us | 将近一个世纪之后 |
[35:13] | after nearly a century. | 联邦就派了这样一个人来 |
[35:15] | And just moments ago, | 就在刚才 |
[35:17] | she shared her misgivings with me | 她和我分享了她的疑虑 |
[35:18] | about whether or not she even belongs here. | 她不确定自己是否归属于这里 |
[35:21] | – Isn’t that true? – It’s not that simple. | -这不是事实吗 -没那么简单 |
[35:23] | It is. | 就这么简单 |
[35:24] | So, I will ask again. | 所以 我再问一次 |
[35:26] | Why does this Quorum, | 为什么这个论坛 |
[35:28] | why does anyone have any reason | 为什么任何人 |
[35:31] | to trust you or the Federation? | 有理由相信你 或是星际联邦 |
[35:42] | Distinguished Peers, | 尊敬的评审们 |
[35:44] | let me speak truth to you because she is unable to. | 让我说出实情 因为她不能 |
[35:47] | She did not have the childhood I would have wished for her. | 她没有经历我想让她经历的童年 |
[35:50] | I orphaned her. | 我遗弃了她 |
[35:52] | She may have grown up here, but she was never Vulcan. | 她可能在这里长大 但她从来不是瓦肯人 |
[35:56] | She is human through and through. | 她是个彻头彻尾的人类 |
[35:59] | And being human, she is governed by emotion | 作为人类 她受情感支配 |
[36:02] | and a desire to insinuate herself | 以及一种想要让自己参与 |
[36:04] | into certain matters of import | 某些重要事务 |
[36:05] | to fill an emotional void. | 来填补情感上的空虚的欲望 |
[36:07] | I maintain that that void | 我坚称那种空虚 |
[36:09] | has made her vulnerable to manipulation | 使她很容易 |
[36:10] | at the hands of the Federation. | 被联邦所操纵 |
[36:12] | I am not being manipulated. | 我没有被操纵 |
[36:14] | Then you knowingly admit | 那你就是有意允许 |
[36:15] | to letting them exploit the fact that you’re Spock’s sister? | 让他们利用你是斯波克姐姐的身份 |
[36:18] | I would never disrespect my brother. You know that. | 我决不会不尊重我的兄弟 你知道的 |
[36:20] | Your methods and motives are clouded. | 你的方法和动机很模糊 |
[36:22] | Even to yourself. You demanded this Quorum | 甚至你自己都看不清 你要求论坛辩论 |
[36:25] | without resolving to be honest. | 却没有决心要保证诚实 |
[36:27] | You thought that I would not fulfill my duty | 你认为我不会履行我的职责 |
[36:29] | to draw the truth from you because I’m your mother. | 讲出真相 因为我是你的母亲 |
[36:34] | But you’re mistaken. | 但你错了 |
[36:38] | Fine. | 好吧 |
[36:39] | There are things I didn’t willingly share. | 有些事我不愿意分享 |
[36:41] | But as my Qowat Milat advocate, | 但作为我的科瓦特米拉派支持者 |
[36:42] | I demand that you confirm the truth. | 我要求你证实真相 |
[36:44] | Didn’t the Federation give me a mission | 联邦有没有给我任务 |
[36:46] | – and a purpose? – Yes. | -以及目的 -有 |
[36:48] | Didn’t the Federation give me a place and a family? | 联邦有没有给我居所和家庭 |
[36:51] | -Yes. -Didn’t my crew and I risk our lives | -有 -我和我的船员有没有冒生命危险 |
[36:54] | and work together in the past | 在过去一起工作 |
[36:56] | to save all sentient life in the universe? | 拯救宇宙中所有有知觉的生命 |
[36:58] | That is true. | 这是真的 |
[36:59] | And isn’t it true that the only reason we are | 而我们今天坐在这里的唯一原因 |
[37:01] | all sitting here today | 难道不是因为 |
[37:03] | is because the Federation gave me | 联邦政府给了我 |
[37:05] | and the crew of the USS Discovery the resources | 以及发现号的船员 |
[37:07] | and the mandate to solve | 资源与权力 |
[37:09] | the biggest, most troublesome problems in the galaxy? | 来解决这个银河系中最大最麻烦的问题吗 |
[37:12] | Yes. | 是 |
[37:14] | Didn’t you see all of us, | 你有没有看到我们所有人 |
[37:15] | imperfect and flawed as we all are, | 尽管都不完美 都有缺陷 |
[37:17] | still live up to its best ideals? | 仍然一心为联邦而奋战 |
[37:20] | Yes. I did. | 没错 |
[37:22] | So I may question | 所以我也许会质疑 |
[37:23] | and I may fear, | 我也许会恐惧 |
[37:25] | because the problems often seem insurmountable. | 因为这些问题常常看起来无法克服 |
[37:28] | But haven’t we always risen to meet them? | 但我们哪次不是倾尽全力与其抗争 |
[37:30] | Yes. | 没错 |
[37:31] | So why don’t you believe me when I say | 你为什么不相信 |
[37:32] | that it is the greater good I am fighting for, | 我是为大众的福祉而奋斗 |
[37:34] | that I have always been fighting for? | 我也一直在为此奋斗 |
[37:37] | Then why are you struggling with whether or not you belong here? | 那你为什么要纠结于你是否归属于这里 |
[37:50] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[37:54] | Maybe because the stakes are so much higher now. | 也许是因为身上的担子太重 |
[38:01] | Everything is different. | 一切都不一样了 |
[38:04] | And every day, there’s this fear… | 每天 我都有这种恐惧 |
[38:07] | this fear that I’m-I’m doing it wrong. | 恐惧我做错了 |
[38:13] | Like I’ll… | 好像我会 |
[38:15] | destroy the people I love. | 摧毁我爱的人 |
[38:19] | I mean, what if I lose everything and everyone? | 如果我失去了一切人和事呢 |
[38:23] | After all we’ve sacrificed. | 我们已经牺牲了这么多 |
[38:27] | I know. | 我明白 |
[38:33] | Now she speaks truthfully. | 现在她是诚实的 |
[38:40] | I thank you for your candor. | 我感谢你的诚实 |
[38:42] | Daughter. | 女儿 |
[38:44] | While I appreciate your sentiments, | 虽然我很欣赏你们的感情 |
[38:47] | her candor will not prevent another Burn. | 她的诚实无法阻止烬灭再次发生 |
[38:49] | Our society only wants stability and peace. | 我们的社会只需要稳定与和平 |
[38:53] | Peer V’Kir, | 维基尔评审 |
[38:54] | we are to determine if we’re going to share | 我们要基于科学证据讨论决定 |
[38:56] | the SB-19 data based on scientific evidence. | 是否分享SB-19的数据 |
[38:59] | We are not here to decide what our society wants. | 我们不是来决定我们的社会想要什么 |
[39:03] | Vulcans will choose whatever serves them best | 瓦肯人会选择最适合他们的 |
[39:05] | and insist it is only logical. | 然后坚称这是符合逻辑的决定 |
[39:07] | If the Vulcans won’t share the data, then the Romulans will. | 如果瓦肯人不愿分享数据 罗慕伦人愿意 |
[39:12] | My brothers. | 兄弟们 |
[39:13] | Peer N’Raj, this is not the way. | 那拉吉评审 这不是办法 |
[39:15] | What way do you know? | 你又有什么办法 |
[39:17] | You sit in the middle, trying to be everything and nothing. | 你坐在中间 想做平衡一切却一事无成 |
[39:19] | Friends. | 朋友们 |
[39:23] | This is not what my brother would have wanted. | 这不是我弟弟想要的 |
[39:26] | He revealed the connection between your cultures. | 他揭示了你们文化之间的联系 |
[39:29] | I implore you– don’t lose that. | 我恳求你们 别忘了这一点 |
[39:30] | Clearly more tenuous than we had realized. | 显然这联系比我们想象的更脆弱 |
[39:34] | Perhaps it is already lost. | 也许已经不存在了 |
[39:36] | No. | 不 |
[39:38] | No, it is not. | 不 不是的 |
[39:40] | Spock believed that, together, | 斯波克相信 在一起 |
[39:42] | you could create something bigger than yourselves. | 你们可以创造出比你们各自更伟大的东西 |
[39:43] | That’s what this Quorum is. | 这个论坛就是这样 |
[39:46] | That’s what Ni’Var is. | 双位一体星就是这样 |
[39:51] | That’s what the Federation is. | 联邦就是这样 |
[39:56] | You represent the Federation, | 你代表联邦 |
[39:59] | yet you invoke Ambassador Spock, | 但你援引斯波克大使的话 |
[40:01] | who left it behind. | 他离开了联邦 |
[40:03] | Doesn’t mean he didn’t love it. | 不代表他不喜欢联邦 |
[40:05] | And it doesn’t mean he wouldn’t have returned someday. | 也不代表他有朝一日不会回归 |
[40:09] | How and if he understood love | 他是否理解 如何理解爱 |
[40:12] | is something we can never know. | 我们永远无法了解 |
[40:15] | I think I might know. | 我想我可能了解 |
[40:23] | The Burn nearly destroyed the Federation. | 烬灭几乎毁了联邦 |
[40:28] | I will not add the peace of Ni’Var | 我不会让双位一体星的和平 |
[40:31] | to its list of casualties. | 也被它毁掉 |
[40:39] | I withdraw my request. | 我撤回我的请求 |
[40:45] | What about the data you need? | 你需要的数据呢 |
[40:48] | I’ll keep searching. | 我会继续找的 |
[40:50] | And I’ll send whatever I find to the Ni’Var Science Institute. | 我会把我的发现送到双位一体星科学研究所 |
[40:52] | You can do with it what you want. | 你可以随意处置 |
[40:55] | I ask you for nothing. | 我不求回报 |
[41:00] | But I am giving you my trust. | 但我信任你们 |
[41:02] | As a member of Starfleet. | 作为星际舰队的一员 |
[41:41] | Come in. | 进来 |
[41:49] | I got where you were going back there, | 我理解你刚才的用意 |
[41:53] | but you could have picked a better time | 但你本可以选择一个更好的 |
[41:54] | to do some parenting. | 教育我的时机 |
[41:56] | Is this what you were like as a 12-year-old? | 这就是你12岁时的样子吗 |
[42:04] | You know, the first thing you told me, | 你告诉我的第一件事 |
[42:06] | the first thing after all this time… | 这么久之后的第一件事 |
[42:11] | …was that you didn’t know | 就是你不知道 |
[42:11] | how you fit in with your family anymore. | 如何融入你的家庭 |
[42:16] | Michael, you don’t need to choose | 迈克 你不需要 |
[42:19] | between the person you used to be and the person you are now. | 在过去的你和现在的你之间抉择 |
[42:23] | You shouldn’t. | 你不应该 |
[42:25] | Duty and joy go hand in hand. | 责任和快乐是相辅相成的 |
[42:27] | Duty is there | 责任的存在 |
[42:28] | so you can continue to pursue your happiness. | 让你可以继续追求你的幸福 |
[42:30] | And joy is there | 快乐的存在 |
[42:33] | so that you have something real to fight for. | 让你有了值得为之奋斗的真实的东西 |
[42:43] | So, what now? | 那么 现在怎么办 |
[42:45] | I told you there was another audience. | 我告诉过你还有另外的观众 |
[42:48] | When President T’Rina saw you, | 当特里娜总统看到你时 |
[42:50] | when you let her see you… | 当你让她看到你时 |
[42:55] | …she decided that trusting you | 她决定 |
[42:57] | was worth the risk. | 值得冒险相信你 |
[43:07] | And she also said | 她还说 |
[43:08] | she wondered how much of the man Spock became | 她想知道斯波克 |
[43:12] | was the result of who his sister was. | 受了他姐姐多大的影响 |
[43:34] | You’re staying on Ni’Var, aren’t you? | 你要留在双位一体星 对吗 |
[43:37] | I can’t be bound to you. | 我不能一直和你在一起 |
[43:40] | You’re not a lost cause. | 你不再身处绝境 |
[43:44] | But I finally get a chance to say something to you | 但我终于有机会对你说 |
[43:47] | that I’ve wanted to say for a very long time. | 我很久以来一直想说的话 |
[43:53] | You always know where to find me. | 需要时 你一定能找到我 |
[44:07] | You wanted to see me? | 你想见我 |
[44:14] | You told them? | 你告诉他们了 |
[44:15] | Of course I told them. | 我当然告诉他们了 |
[44:16] | I… | 我 |
[44:18] | I haven’t given an answer yet. I… | 我还没有回答 我… |
[44:20] | Say yes. | 接任吧 |
[44:21] | But I… | 但我 |
[44:22] | – Say yes. – Say yes. | -接任吧 -接任吧 |
[44:25] | Say yes. | 接任吧 |
[44:26] | Say yes! | 接任吧 |
[44:28] | Just say it. | 接任吧 |
[44:31] | Really? | 真的吗 |
[44:37] | Why? | 为什么 |
[44:39] | Because…we know you. | 因为 我们了解你 |
[44:41] | And, knowing you, | 而且 了解你之后 |
[44:43] | we’d all follow you anywhere. | 我们愿意追随你去任何地方 |
[44:46] | Saru made the right choice. | 萨鲁做了正确的选择 |
[44:48] | Well, I’m… | 我 |
[44:49] | gonna need all of your help. | 会需要你们所有人的帮助 |
[44:51] | Of course. | 当然 |
[44:52] | But, uh, first, we’d like to present | 但是 首先 我们想提出 |
[44:54] | a list of grievances and requests. | 一些抱怨和请求 |
[44:58] | I need two weeks’ leave on Earth. | 我需要在地球上休假两周 |
[45:00] | Place called Hawaii. | 一个叫夏威夷的地方 |
[45:02] | Yeah, the head in my ‘fresher is leaking, so… | 我的淋浴喷头 所以 |
[45:05] | I’d like quarters with a window. | 我想要带窗户的房间 |
[45:06] | I’d like you to assign someone to help me analyze | 我想让你派个人来帮我分析 |
[45:09] | all this SB-19 data. | 这些SB-19数据 |
[45:11] | No. You got it? | 不会吧 你拿到了 |
[45:13] | Oh! That’s amazing! | 太棒了 |
[45:18] | I really wanted to tell you. | 我真的很想告诉你 |
[45:20] | Oh, did I miss the cool “Say yes” part? | 我是不是错过了接任的那部分 |
[45:23] | Sorry I’m late. | 对不起 我迟到了 |
[45:26] | I just wanted your blessing. | 我只想得到你的祝福 |
[45:28] | No, you don’t need that. | 不 你不需要 |
[45:31] | How can I make it easier? | 我怎样才能顺利胜任 |
[45:33] | You lead me. | 你领导我 |
[45:37] | Wait, you mean you’re not leaving? | 等等 你是说你不走了 |
[45:43] | I’m here for the duration. | 我会在这里呆上一段时间了 |
[45:55] | Commander Burnham, | 博翰中校 |
[45:57] | I want you to take that data to the science lab immediately. | 我要你马上把数据送到科学实验室 |
[46:00] | You are going to figure out what caused the Burn | 你要找出烬灭的原因 |
[46:03] | and help to rebuild the Federation. | 帮助重建星际联邦 |
[46:06] | Yes! | 太棒了 |
[46:11] | We all will. | 我们都会的 |
[46:16] | I’m glad, because I thought | 我很高兴 因为我 |
[46:17] | you were going to ask for me to switch my bed | 以为你会要求我把床 |
[46:18] | to the other side of the room. | 挪到房间的另一边 |
[46:19] | Yeah. No, that’s happening. | 是啊 不 这个也要完成 |
[46:21] | Oh. Well, whatever you say, Number One. | 好吧 悉听尊便 大副 |
[46:26] | Thank you, Captain. | 谢谢你 舰长 |
[46:28] | This has been… | 这次会面 |
[46:30] | quite different from what I expected. | 和我预期的完全不同 |
[46:38] | That was a compliment. | 这是赞美之词 |
[46:43] | If I may, | 请允许我说几句 |
[46:45] | I understand the situation on Ni’Var is complex. | 我理解双位一体星的情况很复杂 |
[46:49] | Contemplating a future within the Federation | 现在就考虑未来加入联邦 |
[46:52] | may be premature at this time. | 可能还为时过早 |
[46:55] | However, | 然而 |
[46:57] | I would very much appreciate the opportunity to continue | 我非常希望有机会 |
[47:00] | our conversation. | 能继续我们的谈话 |
[47:02] | As would I. | 我也一样 |
[47:04] | In time. | 慢慢来 |
[47:07] | Thank you, Madam President. | 谢谢你 总统女士 |
[47:11] | Live long and prosper, Captain Saru. | 生生不息 繁荣昌盛 萨鲁舰长 |
[47:33] | – You got the data, didn’t you? – I did. | -你拿到数据了 对吧 -对 |
[47:36] | And you’re not leaving, are you? | 你不会离开吧 |
[47:38] | No. | 不 |
[47:47] | I belong here. | 我归属于这里 |
[47:52] | With this crew. | 和舰员们在一起 |
[47:57] | True believer, right? | 真正的信徒 对吧 |
[48:04] | What does that mean for you? | 你怎么打算 |
[48:10] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[48:19] | You feel like home. | 你让我有家的感觉 |
[48:23] | So do you. | 你也是 |