时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:50] | Gerald Tate’s here. | 杰拉德·泰特来了 |
[00:51] | He wants to know what’s happening to his deal. | 他想知道他的合同出了什么问题 |
[00:52] | Go get Harvey. | 把哈维找来 |
[01:03] | I check. | 下注 |
[01:06] | Raise. | 加注 |
[01:07] | 5,000. | 5000元 |
[01:10] | I’m all-in. | 全押 |
[01:18] | You can pay me later. I got to go. | 钱你可以晚点再付 我先走一步 |
[01:22] | Gentlemen. | 各位 失陪 |
[01:25] | I’m paying you millions, | 我付了你那么多钱 |
[01:27] | and you’re telling me I’m gonna get screwed? | 你却跟我说这份合同签不成了吗 |
[01:29] | Jessica, have I come at a bad time? | 杰西卡 我来的不是时候吗 |
[01:31] | Gerald, this is Harvey Specter. | 杰拉德 这是哈维·斯佩克特 |
[01:36] | He’s our best closer. | 我们这里最棒的律师 |
[01:37] | Well, if you’re the best closer, | 既然你是这里最棒的律师 |
[01:39] | where the hell you been for the last three hours? | 那你之前三小时跑哪去了 |
[01:40] | Well, Gerald, I specialize in troubled situations, | 杰拉德 我专攻疑难案件 |
[01:43] | and when I left here at 7:00 P.M., | 我今晚七点走的时候 |
[01:45] | this deal wasn’t in jeopardy, | 合同还谈得好好的 |
[01:46] | so I’m just trying to figure out what happened in the interim. | 我想知道在这期间都发生了什么 |
[01:48] | We keep offering more money. | 我们不断提高价码 |
[01:49] | They keep rejecting it. | 他们一直不肯接受 |
[01:50] | It’s last-minute bad faith bullshit. | 他们在最后时刻使诈变卦 |
[01:52] | Says here that Cooper won’t be staying on | 这上面说库珀不会继续担任 |
[01:55] | as honorary vice president. | 名誉副总裁一职 |
[01:57] | That’s right. I don’t want him around. | 没错 我想把他踢出去 |
[01:59] | He wouldn’t be around. | 本来就没他的事 |
[02:00] | It’s an honorary position. | 他只是名誉上的副总裁 |
[02:01] | I don’t give a shit. | 我才不管 |
[02:02] | Well, I think you do, | 你不能不管 |
[02:04] | because that’s what’s changed since I left, | 因为这就是我离开后发生的变化 |
[02:06] | which means it’s you who’s been dealing in bad faith. | 也就是说使诈的人是你 |
[02:08] | Well, now that you’ve got a grasp on what’s happened | 既然你已经知道了你不在的时候 |
[02:11] | in the goddamn interim, | 发生了什么情况 |
[02:12] | what are you gonna do about it? | 你准备怎么办 |
[02:14] | Because he’s not getting that title. | 反正他别想拿到那个头衔 |
[02:15] | Well, let me make sure I understand this, okay? | 先让我理一下思路 好吗 |
[02:19] | We negotiated a deal that gave you everything you wanted. | 我们商拟的合同满足了你的一切要求 |
[02:21] | Mr. Cooper signed it, | 库珀先生也签字同意了 |
[02:23] | and now you won’t close | 现在不让他尊严扫地 |
[02:24] | until we take away the last shred of his dignity? | 你就绝不善罢甘休吗 |
[02:26] | – Bingo. – Well, that’s not gonna happen. | -没错 -那绝无可能 |
[02:28] | And why the hell not? | 为什么不行 |
[02:29] | Because I like Mr. Cooper, | 因为我喜欢库珀先生 |
[02:31] | and my firm doesn’t operate in bad faith. | 而且我们公司从不使诈 |
[02:33] | Oh. I see how it is. | 我看出来了 |
[02:36] | Instead of working Cooper, | 你不去说服库珀 |
[02:37] | you’re working me. | 反而来给我做工作 |
[02:39] | Well, why don’t you take your pansy attitude | 有本事你就用这娘娘腔的语气 |
[02:42] | back in there and make him sign my deal? | 说服他签了我的合同 |
[02:44] | Or I’ll pay someone else your money to do it for me. | 不然我就雇别的律师帮我搞定 |
[02:47] | First of all, Gerald, | 首先 杰拉德 |
[02:49] | if you think anyone’s gonna touch this deal | 如果你觉得别人在知道你使诈的情况下 |
[02:50] | after your bad faith, you’re mistaken. | 还会接这个案子 那你就大错特错了 |
[02:54] | Second, the way our agreement works is, | 其次 我们的协议上说的是 |
[02:57] | the minute Cooper signed the deal | 一旦库珀签署了合同 |
[02:58] | which gave you everything you wanted, | 你得到了想要的一切 |
[03:00] | our fee was due and payable, | 就会如期支付我们酬金 |
[03:01] | which is why at 7:30 | 这也就是为何在七点半的时候 |
[03:03] | I received confirmation of a wire transfer | 我收到一份由第三方出具的 |
[03:06] | from escrow indicating payment in full. | 全额付讫的电汇凭据 |
[03:16] | So I’d say the ball’s in your court, | 所以说该你做决定了 |
[03:17] | but the truth is your balls are in my fist. | 但事实上你没得选 |
[03:20] | Now I apologize if that image is too pansy for you, | 很抱歉我对你来说太娘了 |
[03:23] | but I’m comfortable enough with my manhood | 但我倒觉得我的男子气概 |
[03:25] | to put it out there. | 恰到好处 |
[03:26] | Now get your ass in there | 所以给我立马过去 |
[03:28] | and close the goddamn deal. | 完成那次该死的交易 |
[03:31] | You gonna let him talk to me like this? | 你就让他用这种口气跟我说话吗 |
[03:32] | Harvey speaks for the firm. | 哈维即代表事务所 |
[03:48] | We got paid before Gerald signed the deal? | 杰拉德签合同之前我们就收到钱了吗 |
[03:51] | What are you talking about? | 你还真信啊 |
[03:53] | This is a memo about some fire drill on Tuesday. | 这是周二消防演习的注意事项 |
[03:55] | You’re the Blue Team Captain. | 你是蓝队队长 |
[03:56] | You get to wear a fire hat. | 你得戴消防帽 |
[04:13] | Time’s up. | 时间到 |
[04:15] | Pencils down. | 全部停笔 |
[04:17] | Excuse me. Do I know you from somewhere? | 请问我之前见过你吗 |
[04:20] | I don’t think so. | 应该没有 |
[04:21] | I have a pretty good memory for faces. | 我对人脸过目不忘 |
[04:24] | So do I. | 我也是 |
[04:28] | – Sorry. – I got it. | -抱歉 -没事 |
[04:45] | Stop! You in the cap! | 站住 戴帽子的 |
[05:21] | What did you get me? | 你考了几分 |
[05:22] | What I said I was gonna get you. | 就跟我之前说的一样 |
[05:23] | – A 158. – I told you I wanted a 175. | -158分 -我说了我要175分 |
[05:27] | And I told you only 1 out of 100 people | 我也说了 只有1%的人 |
[05:28] | can score that. | 能考到那分数 |
[05:30] | You’re a B-minus student. | 你是个中等偏下的学生 |
[05:31] | You got 1,000 on your SATs. | 高考只考了1000分 |
[05:32] | If I get you a 175, | 如果我帮你考了175分 |
[05:34] | they’ll know you cheated. | 他们肯定知道你作弊了 |
[05:34] | So only a genius loser can get a 175? | 所以只有你这种天才败类才能得175分吗 |
[05:38] | Actually, no. I would get a 180. | 不 其实我能考180分 |
[05:40] | Now can I have my money, please? | 现在能付我钱了吗 |
[05:48] | Whoa. This is only half. | 这只是一半的钱 |
[05:51] | Then why don’t you go call the police? | 那你去报警啊 |
[05:56] | I got to get my shit together. | 今天一天倒霉透了 |
[06:00] | That’s the best cheeseburger I’ve had in my life. | 那是我有生以来吃过的最棒的芝士汉堡 |
[06:02] | It’s from Monday, Trevor. | 那汉堡星期一就买了 特雷弗 |
[06:05] | Look, man, I’m serious. | 听着 哥们 说真的 |
[06:07] | I almost got caught today. | 我今天差点被活捉 |
[06:08] | I’ve got to stop getting stoned. | 我不能再吸大麻了 |
[06:09] | I’ve got to get my act together. | 得干点正经事 |
[06:11] | Dude, look at me. | 哥们 听我说 |
[06:12] | You can burn bud and still be a success. | 吸点大麻不影响你走向成功 |
[06:15] | You sell pot for a living. | 你以卖大麻为生 当然会那么说 |
[06:17] | Still saps the motivation. | 你别打击我的积极性 |
[06:19] | All I’m saying is, you want in, | 我说了 你要是想入伙 |
[06:21] | you are in. | 随时都行 |
[06:23] | You know, that is word for word | 你记得三年级的时候 |
[06:25] | your offer before I got caught | 我代你考数学 |
[06:27] | cheating on your math test in the third grade. | 在被抓之前 你也是这么说的 |
[06:29] | Goddamn memory. | 多美好的回忆啊 |
[06:30] | Stop. | 打住 |
[06:32] | Look, no one’s gonna suspect you’re a dealer. | 听着 没人会怀疑你是个毒贩子 |
[06:34] | I mean, look at me. | 真的 你看看我 |
[06:35] | This is a $2,000 suit, Mike. | 这件西装值两千块 迈克 |
[06:37] | I got, like, 12 of ’em. | 我差不多有12件 |
[06:38] | I take on real software projects. | 我可是正正经经在做”软件项目” |
[06:40] | I have clients who bring me briefcases filled with cash, | 客户们交给我装满现金的公文箱 |
[06:45] | and I hand them identical briefcases with vacuum-sealed bud. | 我拿外表相同 装有真空包装大麻的箱子去换 |
[06:48] | So what do you need me for? | 那你还要我做什么 |
[06:49] | Well, I have a client coming in from out of town, | 我有个从外地来的客户 |
[06:52] | and I can’t meet him, | 我没法去见他 |
[06:53] | and I need someone I can trust to make the drop. | 我得找个信得过的人去完成交易 |
[06:56] | It’s totally safe. | 放心 绝对安全 |
[06:58] | Trevor, a person is more likely | 特雷弗 在德州 |
[06:59] | to die while dealing drugs than they would be on death row in Texas. | 毒贩子比死刑犯还容易丧命 |
[07:03] | Wait. What are you talking about? | 慢着 你在说什么 |
[07:05] | It’s from Freakonomics. | 《魔鬼经济学》里说的 |
[07:05] | 《魔鬼经济学》:以经济学的方式来探索日常事物背后的世界 通过对各种数据的巧妙分析得出了种种令人跌破眼镜的结论 | |
[07:06] | Do you read anything that I give you? | 你有没有看过我给你的书啊 |
[07:08] | It doesn’t matter, | 无所谓了 |
[07:09] | because you have to find somebody else. | 你还是去找别人吧 |
[07:11] | I’m not interested. | 我没兴趣 |
[07:12] | Not interested in what? | 对什么没兴趣 |
[07:14] | What are you doing here? | 你怎么来了 |
[07:15] | You said you were gonna stay at your place tonight. | 你不是说今晚待在自己家吗 |
[07:17] | Hi, sweetie. | 亲爱的 |
[07:18] | What a pleasant surprise. | 太惊喜了 |
[07:19] | I’m so glad you stopped by. | 你能过来我太高兴了 |
[07:21] | We’re in the middle of something. | 我们在谈正事 |
[07:22] | What are you in the middle of? | 什么正事 |
[07:25] | Trevor’s trying to set me up. | 特雷弗想给我牵线搭桥 |
[07:27] | That’s terrific. | 很好啊 |
[07:28] | Who’s the lucky girl? | 哪个女孩这么走运 |
[07:30] | I’m trying to get him to work for me. | 我是想让他为我工作 |
[07:32] | That’s a great idea. | 这主意不错 |
[07:34] | It will take some stress off Trevor, | 可以给特雷弗减轻不少压力 |
[07:35] | and you’ll pick up writing code | 你学什么都轻而易举 |
[07:36] | like you do everything else. | 学编程也没什么问题 |
[07:37] | All right. I got to go. | 好吧 我得走了 |
[07:39] | I got go get up early to see my grandmother | 我明天得起个大早去看我奶奶 |
[07:41] | and pay them another month. | 给她付下个月的住院费 |
[07:46] | – Good night. – Bye. | -晚安 -拜 |
[07:50] | How did you know Gerald wouldn’t look at that memo? | 你怎么知道杰拉德不会看那张纸呢 |
[07:52] | Because a charging bull always looks at the red cape, | 因为被激怒的公牛只会盯着红色斗篷 |
[07:55] | not at the man with the sword. | 而不是斗牛士本身 |
[07:56] | By the way, I’ve set up a meeting | 对了 我安排了你 |
[07:58] | for you and John Dockery next week. | 下周和约翰·多克利碰个面 |
[08:01] | Dockery? He’s Skadden’s biggest client. | 多克利 斯凯登律师亊务所最大的客户吗 |
[08:02] | Not anymore. | 那是过去 |
[08:03] | He’s looking around. | 他正在找新的代理律师 |
[08:05] | He plays tennis. I want you to close him. | 他常打网球 我要你去拉他做我们的客户 |
[08:06] | Consider it done. | 使命必达 |
[08:08] | Then you are officially dismissed | 那你今晚的任务 |
[08:11] | for the evening. | 算圆满完成了 |
[08:13] | Cheers. | 干杯 |
[08:14] | Well, you two seem to be celebrating something. | 你们俩好像在庆祝什么吧 |
[08:15] | Mm-hmm. We are. | 是的 没错 |
[08:18] | In fact, you are looking | 其实眼前这位 |
[08:19] | at the best closer this city has ever seen. | 是这个城市前所未见的顶尖高手 |
[08:21] | Closer, huh? | 高手 |
[08:22] | – Baseball? – Attorney. | -棒球高手吗 -我是律师 |
[08:23] | I close situations. | 是个结案高手 |
[08:25] | Hmm. So you only care about money? | 所以说你眼里只有钱咯 |
[08:27] | The truth is, I do it for the children. | 其实我挣钱是为了下一代 |
[08:30] | I’m Lisa. | 我叫丽莎 |
[08:32] | Harvey. | 我是哈维 |
[08:33] | Lisa, I don’t normally do this, | 丽莎 我一般不这样问 |
[08:36] | but since we are celebrating, | 但既然正值庆祝之际 |
[08:38] | what time do you get off tonight? | 请问你今晚几点下班呢 |
[08:40] | I’m glad you asked. | 很高兴你问了 |
[08:42] | I get off at ten past | 我要十点后才下班 |
[08:44] | “I’m never going out with you.” | 我绝不会和你约会 |
[08:49] | I guess you’re not the best closer this city’s ever seen. | 看来高手也有被拒的时候 |
[09:08] | – Morning. – Lisa, this was lovely, | -早安 -丽莎 有你真好 |
[09:10] | but I’m afraid you have to go. | 但恐怕你得走了 |
[09:12] | I hate to miss a workout, | 我每天必须健身 |
[09:14] | and I really need to be in the office by 7:30. | 七点半前我得赶到办公室 |
[09:16] | I can make you breakfast. | 我给你准备了早餐 |
[09:18] | You could eat it off my stomach. | 你可以在我肚子上慢慢享用 |
[09:20] | I guess if I skip the gym, | 如果我不去健身房 |
[09:21] | I can still get in by 9:00. | 我还是可以赶在九点前去上班的 |
[09:34] | I hear someone’s not taking their pills. | 我听说有人不吃药了 |
[09:38] | Because they’re trying to poison me. | 因为他们想给我下毒 |
[09:40] | Grammy, that’s crazy. | 奶奶 这不可能 |
[09:42] | Dr. Shrager gave me her word | 施拉格医生跟我保证 |
[09:44] | she wouldn’t poison you until January. | 一月份前不会给你下毒的 |
[09:46] | If she does it before then, she can’t count it towards next year’s quota. | 不然她就完不成明年的指标了 |
[09:52] | Oh, what did I teach you? | 我教过你什么来着 |
[09:59] | Michael, I’m not gonna be around forever. | 迈克 我不会一直陪着你 |
[10:02] | And I want you to stop with that stuff. | 我希望你别再碰那些东西了 |
[10:07] | What stuff? | 什么东西 |
[10:09] | I may be old, | 我虽然老了 |
[10:11] | but I’m not an idiot. | 但还没糊涂 |
[10:13] | I know life has been hard for you, | 我知道你的日子过得有些艰难 |
[10:15] | but you’re not a kid anymore, | 但你已经不是孩子了 |
[10:17] | and I want you to promise | 我要你保证 |
[10:19] | you’re gonna start living up to your potential. | 你会不遗余力地做事情 |
[10:26] | I promise. | 我保证 |
[10:32] | I’m not saying that I haven’t been charmed by Harvey, | 我不是说我不欣赏哈维 |
[10:34] | but it’s just so patronizing | 但是这也太打击人了 |
[10:35] | when you say that he can handle those things | 你觉得他能解决那些棘手的问题 |
[10:37] | and, “Louis, you can only handle this.” | 但却觉得我只能办些简单的案子 |
[10:39] | Jessica, I could have handled Gerald Tate. | 杰西卡 我本可以搞定杰拉德·泰特的 |
[10:41] | And I told you I disagree. | 我也说了 我不那么觉得 |
[10:42] | Why? – Because when you put two bullies | 为什么 -因为如果把两个恶霸 |
[10:44] | in the same room together, | 放一个屋里 |
[10:45] | things generally don’t go so well. | 通常没什么好结果 |
[10:47] | It’s 9:30. Nice of you to show up | 都九点半了 你还真好意思 |
[10:49] | two hours after we open for business. | 迟到两个小时 |
[10:50] | And I see that you’re also trying to look like a pimp. | 你怎么打扮得跟皮条客似的 |
[10:53] | My bad, Louis. I was out late last night. | 抱歉 路易 我昨天很晚才回家 |
[10:55] | And when I woke up, this is the suit your wife picked out for me. | 醒来后发现 你老婆给我挑了这件西装 |
[10:57] | And that would be funny if I’d actually been married. | 要是我真结婚了 这话还有点意思 |
[11:00] | Moving along. | 回归正题 |
[11:01] | – You’re not married? – Recruiting. Harvey. | -你还没结婚吗 -我们要纳新 哈维 |
[11:03] | Your interviews are set up for tomorrow. | 面试时间定在明天 |
[11:05] | What? Why don’t we just hire | 什么 为什么我们不直接 |
[11:06] | the Harvard summer associate douche? | 招那些暑期来实习的哈佛呆瓜 |
[11:08] | I think if you listen to the phrasing of that question, | 我觉得你要是听到我刚才的用词 |
[11:11] | you’ll come up with an answer. | 就该知道答案了 |
[11:12] | We need people who think on their feet, | 我们需要能独立思考的人 |
[11:14] | not another clone with a rod up his ass. | 而不是只会听指挥的木头人 |
[11:16] | Harvey, the fact that we only hire from Harvard | 哈维 我们只招哈佛毕业生 |
[11:17] | gives us a cache that’s a little more valuable | 他们比起罗格斯大学的毕业生 |
[11:20] | than hiring a kid from Rutgers. | 是更有价值的储备人才 |
[11:24] | You went to Harvard Law. | 你不也是念的哈佛法学院 |
[11:26] | I’m an exception. | 我是个例外 |
[11:27] | Find me another one. | 给我再找个例外去 |
[11:29] | Can we please skip the recruiting? | 我们能跳过纳新这个环节吗 |
[11:30] | I work better alone anyway. | 我单枪匹马效果更好 |
[11:32] | Well, I would, Harvey, | 我也想这样 哈维 |
[11:34] | except all senior partners get an associate. | 不过所有资深合伙人都要有个助理 |
[11:36] | It’s just a rule. | 这是规定 |
[11:38] | I’m sorry. What? | 不好意思 你说什么 |
[11:40] | Jessica, I deserve that promotion. | 杰西卡 那个升职机会应该归我 |
[11:42] | My billables destroy his. | 我的吸金能力比他强多了 |
[11:44] | And I’m here night and day doing whatever’s needed | 我没日没夜 任劳任怨地工作 |
[11:46] | instead of swanning in and out of here | 而不是像天鹅一样闲逛 想来就来 |
[11:47] | whenever I please. | 想走就走 |
[11:49] | I must admit, he does make me sound very swan-like. | 我承认 按他的说法 我的确像只天鹅 |
[11:52] | Harvey, | 哈维 |
[11:53] | shut up. | 闭嘴 |
[11:55] | Louis, this is how it is. | 路易 这事已经定了 |
[11:58] | All right, now you two make nice. | 好了 现在你们两个讲和吧 |
[12:00] | Louis, I apologize. I was out of line. | 路易 对不起 我有点过分了 |
[12:03] | Now if you’ll just let me text your pretend wife | 如果你允许我给你假想的老婆发个短信 |
[12:07] | that I just made senior partner, I–what? | 告诉她我刚成了资深合伙人 怎么了 |
[12:10] | Your grandmother’s getting worse. | 你奶奶的病情恶化了 |
[12:13] | I need to move her to full care | 我得把她转到全天看护病房 |
[12:15] | or I’ll have to transfer her to the state facility. | 不然我就得把她转去州立医院了 |
[12:16] | I won’t put her in a state facility. | 我不会让她去州立医院的 |
[12:18] | Then I’m afraid you’ll have to come up with 25,000. | 那你恐怕得支付两万五千元的看护费 |
[12:23] | Trevor, I’m in. | 特雷弗 我入伙 |
[12:25] | One-time deal. I want 25. | 只此一次 我要两万五 |
[12:28] | Take it or leave it. | 一口价 不啰嗦 |
[12:29] | I’ll take it. | 一言为定 |
[12:30] | There’s a briefcase in my room. | 我房里有个公文箱 |
[12:31] | Pick it up tomorrow, | 你明天去取 |
[12:32] | take it to room 2412 at the Chilton Hotel. | 送到克林顿宾馆2412房 |
[12:35] | Now you can’t go to a luxury hotel | 你要去的是豪华酒店 |
[12:37] | looking like a delivery guy, | 可不能看着像个送外卖的 |
[12:38] | so shave, comb your hair, buy a suit. | 所以要刮好胡子 梳好头发 买件西装 |
[12:41] | That’s a hell of a lot to ask, man. | 这要求也太多了吧 哥们 |
[12:43] | Well, I’m not asking you. I’m paying you $25,000. | 这事没商量 我可要付你两万五呢 |
[12:45] | Okay? | 好吧 |
[12:47] | Yeah, he’s in. | 对 他入伙了 |
[12:49] | Good. | 很好 |
[12:51] | I think I’m gonna take a piss. | 我得去上个厕所 |
[12:58] | Key. | 没拿钥匙 |
[13:00] | 24 hours, we’ll know if this new buyer’s a cop. | 24小时后 我们就知道新买家是不是警察了 |
[13:03] | Why didn’t you tell Trevor | 你为什么不告诉特雷弗 |
[13:05] | he might be sending his guy into a setup? | 他有可能会把那人送进圈套 |
[13:06] | Same reason why I don’t tell Gina i’m banging her sister. | 跟我没告诉吉娜我和她妹妹搞上了是一个原因 |
[13:08] | It’ll only cause trouble. | 那只会招来麻烦 |
[13:11] | What’s up? | 怎么了 |
[13:12] | I’m just gonna take off. | 我这就要走了 |
[13:15] | I don’t think you should. | 你还是别走了 |
[13:17] | Why don’t you stay with us till tomorrow? | 不如跟我们一起待到明天 |
[13:19] | Now give me your cell phone. | 把手机给我 |
[13:21] | Give me your phone. | 快给我 |
[13:22] | Don’t even think about warning your boy. | 给你朋友报信这事 想都别想 |
[13:27] | ‘Cause if these guys are cops, | 因为如果买家是警察 |
[13:28] | whoever’s holding that weed is going to jail for a long time. | 不管大麻在谁手里 都得蹲很久监狱 |
[13:38] | Geez, you scared the hell out of me. | 天呐 你吓死我了 |
[13:40] | Sorry. | 抱歉 |
[13:42] | Look at you. | 瞧瞧你啊 |
[13:45] | – You look great. – Thanks. | -你看起来真不错 -谢谢 |
[13:47] | Tell me you decided to work with Trevor. | 你打算跟特雷弗一起工作了是吧 |
[13:49] | Yeah. Trial basis. Yeah. | 没错 试用期 |
[13:53] | Good. | 很好 |
[13:53] | What are you doing here? | 你怎么过来了 |
[13:55] | My mom is coming by my place later. | 我妈等会要去我家 |
[13:57] | And I don’t want to mess it up, | 我可不想自找麻烦 |
[13:59] | so I’m hanging here. | 所以就过来待会 |
[14:02] | Got to go. | 我要先走了 |
[14:04] | Come here. | 过来 |
[14:10] | You want to look perfect on your first day. | 第一天上班得看起来完美才行 |
[14:12] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[14:19] | I’ve got to go. | 我真得走了 |
[14:39] | Great. Thanks. | 很好 谢谢 |
[14:41] | Donna, we’re gonna need to streamline this. | 唐娜 这面试得提高效率 |
[14:44] | Give each guy a hard time. | 每个人进来前 |
[14:46] | Before you send them back, | 你刁难一下他们 |
[14:47] | give me a wink if they say something clever. | 谁回答得够机灵 就使个眼色给我 |
[14:49] | – Cool? – Okay. | -行吗 -好的 |
[14:51] | What are you looking for? | 你想找什么样的 |
[14:53] | Another me. | 另一个我 |
[15:18] | So, Chip, | 奇普 |
[15:20] | what makes you think that I’m gonna let | 你觉得我凭什么 |
[15:22] | the whitest man that I have ever seen interview for our firm? | 要让我见过最白的男人参加面试 |
[15:26] | Because I have an appointment. | 因为我有预约 |
[15:32] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[15:56] | You can do this. | 你能行的 |
[16:13] | Kid, what is wrong with you? | 孩子 你有什么问题吗 |
[16:14] | You look like you’re 11 years old. | 你看起来才十一岁大 |
[16:16] | I was late to puberty. | 我青春期开始得晚 |
[16:21] | Harvey Specter. | 我是哈维·斯佩克特 |
[16:48] | Uh, excuse me. | 打扰一下 |
[16:50] | I was thinking about going for a swim. | 我想去游个泳 |
[16:51] | Are the pool facilities here nice? | 这边的泳池怎么样 |
[16:53] | Of course, sir. | 包您满意 先生 |
[16:54] | This is the Chilton Hotel. | 这可是克林顿宾馆 |
[16:58] | Why’s the pool closed? | 泳池为什么关了 |
[17:00] | And do you have the time? | 对了 现在几点 |
[17:01] | Yes, it’s uh… | 我看看 |
[17:05] | 10 o’clock. | 十点整 |
[17:07] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[17:11] | – He saw your gun. – You think that’s him? | -他看到你的枪了 -你觉得就是他吗 |
[17:19] | Matches the description. | 他外貌和描述相符 |
[17:21] | But he didn’t go in the room. | 但没进那房间 |
[17:22] | It’s 10:00 exactly. He’s just walking by? | 正好十点钟 他就这么走过去了 |
[17:28] | Go after him. Stay on the radio. | 跟着他 保持联络 |
[17:52] | Rick Sorkin. | 里克·苏尔钦 |
[17:54] | Rick Sorkin. | 里克·苏尔钦 |
[17:59] | Rick Sorkin? | 里克·苏尔钦 |
[18:01] | Excuse me, Mr. Sorkin, | 不好意思 苏尔钦先生 |
[18:03] | you are five minutes late. | 你迟到了五分钟 |
[18:04] | Is there a reason why I should let you in? | 你有什么理由让我放你进去面试 |
[18:08] | Look, I’m just trying to ditch the cops, okay? | 听着 我只是想甩开警察 懂吗 |
[18:10] | I don’t really care if you let me in or not. | 我不在乎你让不让我参加面试 |
[18:21] | Mr. Specter will be right with you. | 斯佩克特先生马上就好 |
[18:24] | What? | 什么 |
[18:25] | Can I get you anything? A coffee or a bottle of water? | 你要喝什么吗 咖啡还是水 |
[18:32] | Hi, Rick Sorkin. | 你好 我是里克·苏尔钦 |
[18:34] | Harvey Specter. Nice to meet you. | 我是哈维·斯佩克特 很高兴见到你 |
[18:35] | Why don’t you have a seat here? | 请坐 |
[18:38] | Whoa. What’s this? | 哇 这是什么 |
[18:47] | Can I help you? | 有事需要帮忙吗 |
[18:50] | No. | 没事 |
[18:53] | How the hell did you know they were the police? | 你怎么知道他们是警察 |
[18:56] | I read this novel in elementary school, | 我小学的时候读过本小说 |
[18:58] | and it was the exact same thing. | 刚才的情况和书上的描述如出一辙 |
[19:00] | You read a novel in elementary school. | 你小学的时候读过本小说 |
[19:02] | What? I like to read. | 怎么了 我喜欢读书 |
[19:05] | And why’d you ask them what time it was? | 那你为什么要问他们时间呢 |
[19:07] | Throw ’em off. | 这叫障眼法 |
[19:09] | What kind of drug dealer asks a cop what time it is | 哪有毒贩提着整箱大麻 |
[19:11] | when he’s got a briefcase full of pot, right? | 还有闲情问警察时间的 对吧 |
[19:13] | We should hire you. | 我们招你进来算了 |
[19:15] | Jesus, I’d give you the 25 grand | 说真的 我愿意给你两万五 |
[19:17] | as a signing bonus. | 当做签约的奖金 |
[19:19] | I’ll take it. | 我愿意签 |
[19:21] | Unfortunately, | 可惜的是 |
[19:22] | we only hire from Harvard. | 我们只招哈佛毕业生 |
[19:23] | And you not only did not go to Harvard Law School, | 而你非但没读过哈佛法学院 |
[19:27] | you haven’t even gone to any law school. | 你什么法学院都没读过 |
[19:30] | What if I told you that I consume knowledge | 如果我告诉你我对知识的吸收能力 |
[19:31] | like no one you’ve ever met, | 强于任何人 |
[19:32] | and I’ve actually passed the bar? | 并通过了律师资格考试呢 |
[19:35] | I’d say you’re full of crap. | 我会说你满嘴胡言 |
[19:38] | That’s a Barbri Legal Handbook right there, right? | 那本是《巴巴里法律手册》吧 |
[19:41] | Open it up. Read me something. | 打开 读几句给我听 |
[19:42] | Anything. | 随便什么 |
[19:49] | “Civil liability associated with agency is based | “与民事责任相关的代理 |
[19:52] | on several factors–“ | 基于多个因素” |
[19:54] | “Including the deviation of the agent from his path, | “包括越权代理 |
[19:56] | “the reasonable inference of agency on behalf of the plaintiff, | 与原告相关的表见代理 |
[19:59] | and the nature of the damages themselves.” | 以及损害性质本身” |
[20:02] | How did you know that? | 你怎么知道这些 |
[20:04] | I learned it when I studied for the bar. | 我在准备律师资格考时学到的 |
[20:09] | Okay, hotshot, | 行啊 牛人 |
[20:12] | fire up this laptop. | 把这笔记本打开 |
[20:14] | I’m gonna show you | 我让你瞧瞧 |
[20:16] | what a Harvard attorney can do. | 一个从哈佛毕业的律师的能耐 |
[20:19] | Pick a topic. | 选个话题 |
[20:22] | Stock option backdating. | 股票期权回溯 |
[20:23] | Although backdating options is legal, | 虽说回溯期权是合法的 |
[20:25] | violations arise related to disclosures | 但根据国内税收法第409A条规定 |
[20:28] | under IRC section 409A. | 信息披露仍属违规行为 |
[20:32] | You forgot about Sarbanes-Oxley. | 你漏掉了萨班斯-奥克斯利法案 |
[20:34] | The statute of limitations | 2007年之后 |
[20:35] | renders Sarbanes-Oxley moot post 2007. | 这部法案就因为时效过期而失效了 |
[20:38] | Not if you can find actions | 除非你能找到相关诉讼 |
[20:40] | to cover up the violation | 来掩盖2008年5月 |
[20:41] | as established in the sixth circuit, May 2008. | 由第六巡回法庭裁定的违规行为 |
[20:45] | That’s impressive, but you’re sitting at a computer. | 反驳得不错 不过你坐在电脑前 |
[20:49] | Playing hearts. | 玩着红心大战 |
[20:52] | Sorry. If you want to beat me, | 不好意思 想考倒我的话 |
[20:54] | you’re gonna have to do it at something else. | 你得拿法律以外的问题对付我 |
[20:56] | How can you know all that? | 那些你是怎么知道的 |
[20:57] | I told you. I like to read. | 我说过 我喜欢读书 |
[20:59] | And once I read something, I understand it. | 凡是读过的东西 我就能理解 |
[21:02] | And once I understand it, I never forget it. | 理解之后 就永远不会忘记 |
[21:06] | Why take the bar? | 你为什么要考律师资格证 |
[21:09] | This dickhead bet me I couldn’t pass it | 有个白痴说我没读过法学院 |
[21:11] | without going to law school. | 赌我肯定过不了考试 |
[21:15] | Okay, look, | 好吧 |
[21:16] | this is all pretty fascinating stuff, | 这听起来很有意思 |
[21:19] | but I’m afraid I got to get back to work. | 但我得继续工作了 |
[21:21] | I’ll make sure that Serpico isn’t around | 让我看看色皮格还在不在外面 |
[21:23] | waiting for you. | 等着抓你 |
[21:39] | You want this job so much, | 你这么想当律师 |
[21:41] | why didn’t you just go to law school? | 为什么不去上法学院呢 |
[21:44] | When I was in college, | 我还在读大学的时候 |
[21:45] | it was my dream to be a lawyer. | 就梦想着做一名律师 |
[21:47] | I needed some money, | 我需要钱 |
[21:48] | and Trevor convinced me | 于是特雷弗说服我 |
[21:51] | to memorize this math test | 把数学考试的题目背下来 |
[21:52] | and to sell it. | 卖给别人 |
[21:56] | Turns out we sold it to the Dean’s daughter. | 结果我们卖给了院长的女儿 |
[21:59] | I lost my scholarship, I got kicked out of school, I… | 我的奖学金被取消了 被学校开除了 我… |
[22:06] | I got knocked into a different life. | 那件事颠覆了我的生活 |
[22:09] | And I have been wishing for a way back ever since. | 我一直期望有一天能回到正轨 |
[22:16] | Let me tell you something. | 这么跟你说吧 |
[22:18] | This isn’t elementary school. This is hard work. | 这不是小儿科 而是份艰苦的工作 |
[22:21] | Long hours. High pressure. | 工时长 压力大 |
[22:23] | I need a grown goddamn man. | 我需要的是个心智成熟的人 |
[22:26] | You give me this, | 你要是给我这个机会 |
[22:28] | and I will work as hard as it takes | 我会加倍努力工作 |
[22:29] | to school those Harvard douches | 让那些哈佛的呆瓜长长见识 |
[22:31] | and become the best lawyer you have ever seen. | 成为你所见过最优秀的律师 |
[22:34] | I’m inclined to give you a shot, | 我想给你这个机会 |
[22:35] | but what if I decide to go another way? | 但如果我没聘用你呢 |
[22:37] | I’d say that’s fair. | 那很正常 |
[22:39] | Sometimes I like to hang out with people | 有些时候我就是喜欢 |
[22:41] | who aren’t that bright, you know, | 和不那么聪明的人待在一起 |
[22:42] | just to see how the other half lives. | 体验另一种生活 |
[22:45] | Move over. | 闪开 |
[22:46] | I’m emailing the firm I just found our next associate. | 我要给公司发邮件说我找到新助理了 |
[22:54] | All right. You’re gonna start a week from Monday. | 好了 你星期一开始上班 |
[22:57] | Here’s what you’re gonna do. | 按我说的做 |
[22:58] | First, no more pot. We drug test. | 首先 不能再抽大麻 我们会进行药检 |
[23:00] | Stop smoking now, you’ll be fine, | 现在开始戒 到时就检测不出来了 |
[23:02] | I assume that’s all the drugs you do. | 我看你除了大麻没碰别的毒品吧 |
[23:03] | – How do you know that? – You read books, I read people. | -你怎么知道的 -你爱读书 我爱阅人 |
[23:06] | And potheads smoke pot. That’s what they do. | 吸大麻的人只吸大麻 那是他们的风格 |
[23:08] | It’s not all I do. I have interests. | 我不只吸大麻 我也有兴趣爱好 |
[23:10] | You’re Albert frigging’ Einstein, | 你聪明透顶 |
[23:11] | and you couldn’t manage to get into law school? | 却连法学院都进不去吗 |
[23:13] | You think that’s not from smoking weed? | 你觉得这和毒瘾没关系吗 |
[23:14] | – Trevor got– – That’s another thing. | -特雷弗让我… -第二点 |
[23:14] | You’re never gonna talk to Trevor again. | 你不许再和特雷弗来往 |
[23:17] | You’re gonna ditch that briefcase, | 扔掉那个公文箱 |
[23:18] | and you’re gonna get on a plane to Harvard, | 坐上去哈佛的飞机 |
[23:20] | and you’re gonna learn everything there is | 切身体验一下 |
[23:21] | about going to law school there. | 上法学院的感觉 |
[23:22] | – Did you buy that suit? – Yeah. | -这是你自己买的西装吗 -是的 |
[23:24] | Let’s buy some new ones. | 买几套新的吧 |
[23:34] | Hi. | 你好 |
[23:36] | How do I sign up for today’s law school tour? | 请问我如何报名今天法学院的参观呢 |
[23:39] | You go back in time six weeks | 你得穿越回六个星期前 |
[23:41] | because that’s when it booked up. | 然后预约今天的参观 |
[23:44] | This is Harvard Law. | 这里是哈佛法学院 |
[23:46] | We get over 7,000 applications a year. | 我们每年会收到七千份申请 |
[23:49] | You think you can just walk in and take a tour? | 你觉得你能随便进来参观吗 |
[23:53] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[23:54] | Eduardo Fernandez, who, first of all, | 费尔南德斯这个人 |
[23:57] | looks like he works at the public pool or something, | 看起来就像是公共泳池的工人 |
[24:00] | and he comes up to me the other day, | 有一天 他来找我 |
[24:01] | and I completely know he’s a freshman. | 我一看就知道他是大一新生 |
[24:03] | And he looks at me and he goes, | 他看着我问道 |
[24:05] | “Where’s the public health school?” | “公共卫生学院在哪里” |
[24:06] | Which is right around the corner, | 其实就在有拐角处 |
[24:07] | and you know what I tell him? | 你知道我怎么告诉他的吗 |
[24:08] | Clifford Watkins? | 克利福德·沃特金斯 |
[24:08] | Excuse me. | 失陪 |
[24:10] | Can I help you? | 有什么事吗 |
[24:11] | Jonathan Atwater. | 我是乔纳森·阿沃特 |
[24:12] | I work for Dean Wormer in the admissions office. | 我在招生办为沃默院长工作 |
[24:15] | Yes, of course. What can I do for you? | 幸会 有什么能效劳的吗 |
[24:17] | Well, the Dean personally sent me down here | 院长亲自派我过来 |
[24:19] | to invite you to a small cocktail hour | 邀请你参加一个小型鸡尾酒会 |
[24:21] | for some of our more realistic candidates. | 专为有希望的候选人举办 |
[24:25] | And we’d like to keep this sort of thing discreet, | 我们需要对此高度保密 |
[24:28] | so if you’d subtly hand me your name tag, | 你可以悄悄把胸牌给我 |
[24:30] | you can proceed directly to the Dean’s office. | 然后直接去院长办公室去 |
[24:33] | Congratulations. | 恭喜 |
[24:39] | Harvard Law is the oldest law school in the country | 哈佛法学院是我国历史最悠久的法学院 |
[24:42] | and boasts the most successful graduates in the world. | 孕育了一批批世界顶尖的律师 |
[24:45] | Currently, we are six of nine supreme court justices | 目前 每九位高级法官中就有六位毕业于此 |
[24:49] | and, of course, the president of the United States. | 当然还包括现任美国总统 |
[25:44] | Uh, hi, good morning. | 早上好 |
[25:45] | -I’m here to see– – Have a seat. | – 我想见… -请坐 |
[25:53] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[26:13] | Mike Ross? | 迈克·罗斯 |
[26:15] | Hi, I’m Rachel Zane. | 你好 我是瑞秋·赞恩 |
[26:17] | I’ll be giving you your orientation. | 我会带你熟悉一下环境 |
[26:19] | – Wow. You’re pretty. – Good. You’ve hit on me. | -你真漂亮 -很好 你在勾引我 |
[26:21] | We can get it out of the way that I am not interested. | 我对你毫无兴趣 别做梦了 |
[26:24] | No, I’m sorry. I wasn’t hitting on you. | 不 不好意思 我没在勾引你 |
[26:25] | Trust me. | 相信我 |
[26:26] | I’ve given dozens of these, | 这种事我见得多了 |
[26:27] | and without fail, whatever new hotshot it is | 无一例外的是 不管多牛的人 |
[26:29] | thinks that, because I’m just a paralegal, | 都觉得我只是名律师助理 |
[26:31] | that I will somehow be blown away by his dazzling degree. | 会为他们的律师身份而倾倒 |
[26:34] | Let me assure you, I won’t. | 我跟你保证 我不会的 |
[26:37] | I was. I was hitting on you. | 没错 我是想勾引你 |
[26:40] | You were. Take notes. | 的确 请记笔记 |
[26:42] | I’m not gonna repeat myself. | 我不会重复第二遍 |
[26:44] | I love you. | 我爱你 |
[26:47] | The firm operates on a chain of command model. | 公司按照等级分明的领导模式运营 |
[26:49] | Harvey’s your commanding officer. | 哈维是你的直接上级 |
[26:51] | However, Louis Litt, he oversees all associates, | 而路易·利特则负责管理所有的助理 |
[26:53] | so you’ll also answer to him. | 所以你也得听命于他 |
[26:55] | What do you think about Harvey? | 你觉得哈维这人怎么样 |
[26:57] | People are in awe of him. | 大家都很敬畏他 |
[26:58] | They say he’s the best closer there is, | 他们都说他是最棒的律师 |
[27:00] | but I have very little contact with him, | 但我跟他鲜有交集 |
[27:01] | so I don’t know. | 所以我不清楚 |
[27:02] | And what about Louis Litt? | 那路易·利特呢 |
[27:05] | Let’s continue with your tour. | 我们继续参观吧 |
[27:10] | Hey, Becky. You are glowing. | 贝琪 你真是容光焕发 |
[27:12] | I wonder why that is. Oh, yeah. | 我想知道为什么 对了 |
[27:14] | It’s the day they announce my promotion. | 今天是宣布我升职的日子 |
[27:16] | Jimmy, have you lost weight? | 吉米 你瘦了吗 |
[27:18] | Steve-O. | 史蒂夫 |
[27:20] | Looking like a guy who came to work. | 像个过来正经工作的人 |
[27:22] | Excuse me, why are you scratching off | 打扰一下 为什么你要把”资深”二字 |
[27:25] | the senior off my door? | 从门上刮掉呢 |
[27:26] | I got a work order to take it off. | 我接到指示要刮掉 |
[27:28] | – Who issued the work order? – My supervisor. | -是谁下达的指示 -我的主管 |
[27:30] | Why did he issue the work order? | 他为什么叫你这么做 |
[27:32] | If I knew that, I’d be his supervisor. | 我要是知道 我就能当他的主管了 |
[27:34] | You seem to be enjoying yourself. | 你好像还挺开心的啊 |
[27:36] | I haven’t enjoyed myself since 2004. | 我从2004年起就没开心过了 |
[27:39] | Donna! | 唐娜 |
[27:41] | Someone’s trying to have a little fun with me here. | 某人在跟我搞小恶作剧 |
[27:43] | Jessica wants to see you in her office. | 杰西卡要你去她办公室 |
[27:45] | Now. | 现在 |
[27:48] | And finally, this is where you’ll live. | 最后 这里就是你的工作场所 |
[27:55] | I gave you that for a reason. You haven’t taken one note. | 我好心给你本子 你却什么都没记 |
[27:57] | That’s because– | 那是因为… |
[27:58] | Because you were too busy ogling me | 因为你忙着朝我抛媚眼 |
[28:00] | to listen to a word I’ve said? | 连听我说话的时间都没有吗 |
[28:04] | Partners’ offices anchor the wings. | 合伙人的办公室在楼层两侧 |
[28:06] | Fifth floor’s research, sixth is security. | 五楼是调研室 六楼是保安室 |
[28:09] | All work gets billed, | 所有的工作都有报酬 |
[28:10] | even if it’s finding an address. | 哪怕只是找到了一个地址 |
[28:12] | I answer to Harvey and Louis Litt, and, judging by the way | 我听命于哈维和路易·利特 顺便提一句 |
[28:14] | you responded to my questions, | 据你对我问题的回应 |
[28:16] | I should admire Harvey and I should fear Louis. | 我应该钦佩哈维 畏惧路易 |
[28:19] | You have been here for five years, | 你在这里工作了五年 |
[28:20] | and just because I outrank you | 虽然我比你级别高 |
[28:22] | does not mean I have the authority to command your services. | 并不代表我有权利要求你为我做事 |
[28:24] | Oh, it’s also pretty clear | 还有 显而易见 |
[28:26] | that you think you’re too smart to be a paralegal. | 你觉得让你当律师助手根本是大材小用 |
[28:29] | You know what nobody likes? | 你知道哪类人最讨厌吗 |
[28:31] | Nobody likes a showoff. | 爱炫耀的人 |
[28:32] | You used the word “ogling.” | 你竟然说我抛媚眼 |
[28:36] | When do I get to see Harvey? | 我什么时候能见到哈维 |
[28:38] | Gerald Tate fired the firm. | 杰拉德·泰特炒了公司的鱿鱼 |
[28:40] | So you’re taking my promotion away. | 所以你就把我的升职撤销了 |
[28:43] | You know, most firms would put you in front of the bar | 大多数公司会把你扔给法院 |
[28:45] | and have your license stripped. | 让他们吊销你的律师执照 |
[28:47] | You lied to a client, and he figured it out. | 你向客户撒了谎 结果被他识破了 |
[28:49] | I lied to him to get him to do the right thing | 我撒谎是为了引导他做正确的选择 |
[28:51] | and honor his goddamn contract. | 履行他那该死的合同 |
[28:53] | And you didn’t seem to mind so much | 我没被拆穿的时候 |
[28:54] | when you thought I got away with it. | 你怎么不介意我撒了谎 |
[28:55] | But you didn’t get away with it. | 但你现在被拆穿了 |
[28:57] | And I can’t justify handing you a promotion | 你损失了一个大客户 |
[28:59] | on the same day that you lose a huge client. | 我可没理由让你升职 |
[29:01] | One client doesn’t make a firm. | 少一个客户公司垮不了 |
[29:04] | I don’t know if you’ve noticed, | 我不知道你有没有注意到 |
[29:05] | but we’re in the middle of an economic meltdown. | 我们陷入了经济危机 |
[29:07] | Companies aren’t exactly lining up | 现在各个公司不会排着队 |
[29:09] | to spend money on attorneys right now. | 争相花钱雇律师了 |
[29:12] | And, you know, Gerald might have forgiven the lying | 而且如果你没有羞辱杰拉德的话 |
[29:15] | had you not humiliated him. | 也许他已经原谅你撒谎的事了 |
[29:16] | But you did, and you need to accept that. | 但事已至此 你就接受现实吧 |
[29:22] | Jessica, if you hadn’t done as much for me as you have, | 杰西卡 如果不是看在过去的情分上 |
[29:25] | I’d be heading for the door. | 我早就摔门而去了 |
[29:27] | If I hadn’t done as much for you as I have, | 如果不是看在过去的情分上 |
[29:30] | I’d be throwing you out the window. | 我早把你从窗户扔出去了 |
[29:33] | But, Harvey, no more shenanigans. | 哈维 别再搞什么把戏了 |
[29:36] | You do one more thing that isn’t straight as an arrow, | 如果你再走一次旁门左道 |
[29:39] | and instead of covering your ass, | 我非但不会帮你掩盖 |
[29:41] | I will put you in front of the bar myself. | 还会亲手把你送上法庭 |
[29:47] | Mike. | 迈克 |
[29:49] | Who’s ready for a great first day? | 我准备好迎接美好的第一天了 |
[29:51] | I’m gonna have to let you go. | 我得让你走了 |
[29:53] | What? | 什么 |
[29:53] | I just got reamed for lying to a client, | 我刚刚因为对一个客户撒谎而被狠批了一顿 |
[29:55] | and if they find out that I lied about you going to Harvard, | 如果他们再发现你上过哈佛也是谎话的话 |
[29:58] | they’ll take away my license. | 我的执照就要被吊销了 |
[29:59] | You what? | 你说什么 |
[30:00] | Not now, Donna. | 现在不是时候 唐娜 |
[30:02] | Look, I have to put my own interests above yours. | 我得把我的个人利益置于你的之上 |
[30:05] | It’s nothing personal. | 这无关私人恩怨 |
[30:06] | You’re fired. | 你被开除了 |
[30:08] | Wait, so you’re worried that if I stay, | 等等 你担心如果我留下 |
[30:11] | then they might find out that you lied about me | 他们可能会发现你在我的事上撒了谎 |
[30:15] | and you’ll lose your license. | 然后吊销你的执照 |
[30:17] | But if you fire me, | 但你要是炒了我 |
[30:18] | then I could tell them that you lied about me, | 我就可以告诉他们你撒了谎 |
[30:21] | and you’d definitely lose your license. | 那样你肯定会被吊销执照 |
[30:24] | Are you telling me that | 你的意思是 |
[30:25] | if I throw you under the bus, | 如果我让你死 |
[30:26] | you’re gonna drag me with you? | 你会拉上我作垫背吗 |
[30:28] | You put your interests above mine, | 你把你的个人利益置于我的之上 |
[30:30] | and I’m just putting mine back up next to yours. | 我只是把我的利益和你的栓在一起而已 |
[30:36] | You’re rehired. | 你被重新录用了 |
[30:39] | So should I– all right. | 那我应该… 好吧 |
[30:42] | Here’s what’s gonna happen. You’re gonna give me back my promotion, | 事情是这样的 你得重新给我升职 |
[30:44] | and that’s the last we’re gonna talk about this. | 而且这是我们最后一次谈这事 |
[30:47] | And why is that? | 为什么 |
[30:48] | Because if you don’t, | 因为如果你这不么做的话 |
[30:49] | I’m gonna go across town and join Rick Peterson. | 我就到城那边去跟里克·皮特森合伙 |
[30:51] | I’m gonna approach every client I’ve ever closed, | 我会找到所有我代理过的客户 |
[30:54] | and I’m gonna take them with me. | 把他们带到新公司 |
[30:56] | You do that, | 你如果那么做 |
[30:57] | and you’ll force me to put you in front of the Ethics Board. | 就是逼我把你送到职业道德委员会去受审 |
[30:59] | – I don’t think you will. – And why not? | -我觉得你不会那么做 -为什么不会 |
[31:01] | Because you were obligated to notify them | 因为你有义务在我对杰拉德撒谎之后 |
[31:03] | the second I lied to Gerald, but you didn’t. | 立刻通知他们 但你却没有 |
[31:05] | You put me in front of the board right now, | 你现在把我送到委员会去 |
[31:06] | I’ll put you right up there with me. | 我会拉你去陪我 |
[31:15] | I’ll…I’ll give you your promotion. | 我… 我可以让你升职 |
[31:19] | But you have to do something for me. | 但是你得为我做点事 |
[31:20] | Anything. | 做什么都行 |
[31:22] | Pro bono. | 无偿服务案 |
[31:24] | Anything but that. | 除此之外都行 |
[31:25] | Harvey, pro bono cases are how we, as a firm, | 哈维 无偿服务案可以向公众证明 |
[31:28] | show that we care about more than just ourselves. | 我们作为一家公司 不止关心自己的利益 |
[31:30] | I’m not saying we shouldn’t do them. | 我并没说我们不该接这些案子 |
[31:32] | I’m saying I shouldn’t do them. | 我是说我不该接 |
[31:34] | And it’s how you can show me | 我给你机会证明 |
[31:35] | that you care about more than just yourself. | 你关心的不单单是你自己 |
[31:39] | You’ll handle this yourself. | 你要自己解决这个案子 |
[31:40] | You will not pass it off. | 别想丢给别人做 |
[31:42] | Absolutely. | 遵命 |
[31:47] | Your first case. | 这是你的第一个案子 |
[31:48] | Awesome. What is it? | 太棒了 什么内容 |
[31:50] | Pro bono. | 无偿服务案 |
[31:51] | Sexual harassment. | 性骚扰案 |
[31:53] | Don’t tell anyone I laid it off on you, | 别告诉别人我把这案子给了你 |
[31:54] | – and don’t screw it up. – Got it. | -也别把它搞砸了 -明白 |
[31:56] | You can’t handle it. I’ll knock it out of the park. | 你搞不定的案子 我肯定马到成功 |
[31:59] | Easy, Clarence Thomas. | 别激动 克拉伦斯·托马斯 |
[31:59] | 美国联邦最高法院大法官 保守派 | |
[32:00] | Just go meet the client. | 快去见客户吧 |
[32:02] | Hey. Didn’t I tell you to get some better suits? | 我不是告诉你去买几身像样的西装吗 |
[32:05] | I spent $500. | 我花了五百刀啊 |
[32:07] | For how many suits? | 买了几套 |
[32:09] | Five. | 五套 |
[32:11] | What? | 怎么了 |
[32:12] | Nancy? | 南希 |
[32:14] | – Mike? – Yeah, hi. | -迈克 -没错 你好 |
[32:18] | You’re a kid. | 你还是个孩子啊 |
[32:20] | No, I’m a– I’m a grown man. | 不 我…我是个成年人 |
[32:22] | You’re so skinny. Have a grape. | 你太瘦了 吃点葡萄吧 |
[32:25] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[32:27] | Why don’t you tell me your story? | 给我讲讲你的故事吧 |
[32:29] | It started two years ago. | 是两年前开始的 |
[32:31] | I was a stay-at-home mom | 我当时是全职妈妈 |
[32:33] | to my son, Freddie. | 在家照顾我儿子 弗雷迪 |
[32:35] | And one day we were at little league, | 有一天我们在参加一个小型棒球联赛 |
[32:37] | Freddie was five. | 弗雷迪当时五岁 |
[32:38] | He really hated that he couldn’t play with the older kids. | 不能跟大孩子玩 他很不爽 |
[32:40] | It was the third inning, and I got a phone call. | 第三局的时候 我接到一通电话 |
[32:43] | My husband had been in a car accident, | 我丈夫出了车祸 |
[32:45] | and he was gone, just like that. | 就那么撒手走了 |
[32:49] | I’m so sorry. | 我很遗憾 |
[32:51] | I did the best I could. | 我尽了自己最大的努力 |
[32:53] | I got myself a job as a secretary | 我在德夫林·迈克雷格找到了 |
[32:55] | at Devlin McGreggor. | 一份秘书的工作 |
[32:57] | And I even got promoted to secretary of the president, | 我甚至升职当上了总裁秘书 |
[32:59] | Charles Hunt. | 他叫查尔斯·亨特 |
[33:01] | And that’s when it all changed. | 从那时候起 一切都变了 |
[33:05] | It’s okay. Tell me what happened. | 没关系的 告诉我发生了什么事 |
[33:07] | He started asking me to stay late, | 他开始要求我加班 |
[33:09] | order in dinners together, stuff like that. | 一起叫外卖当晚餐之类的 |
[33:12] | One night, he says that if I sleep with him, | 有天晚上 他说如果我陪他睡觉 |
[33:15] | he’s gonna take care of me in the firm, | 他就会在公司里关照我 |
[33:16] | and, if I don’t, he’s gonna fire me. | 要是我不从 他就会开除我 |
[33:19] | So what did you do? | 那你是怎么做的 |
[33:20] | I went to Human Resources. | 我去了人力资源部 |
[33:22] | They said they investigated, | 他们说调查过了 |
[33:23] | couldn’t find anything to support my claim. | 找不到任何能支持我控诉的证据 |
[33:25] | Two months later, I was fired for poor job performance. | 两个月后 我因为工作表现不佳被开除了 |
[33:29] | They wouldn’t let me say good-bye to anybody. | 他们不让我跟任何人道别 |
[33:30] | They wouldn’t write me a letter of recommendation. | 也不给我写推荐信 |
[33:33] | I wasn’t looking for a payoff. | 我并不是想要索求赔偿 |
[33:35] | All I wanted was for it to stop. | 我只想了结这件事 |
[33:37] | Can you help me? | 你能帮我吗 |
[33:40] | Uh, yes. | 能 |
[33:42] | Yes, I can. | 是的 我能 |
[33:44] | What do you need my help for? | 你要我帮你做什么 |
[33:45] | Wait, can I just– | 等等 我能… |
[33:46] | No, give me the update. | 不能 告诉我最新进展 |
[33:48] | You know, she’s a nice woman. | 她是个好女人 |
[33:50] | – She– – On the case. | -她… -说案子的事 |
[33:52] | I don’t get emotionally attached to the client. | 我不会对客户投入个人情感 |
[33:54] | This woman had her life ripped apart. | 这女人的生活已经支离破碎了 |
[33:56] | You don’t even care? | 你一点都不关心吗 |
[33:58] | I’m not about caring. I’m about winning. | 我不关心客户 我只关心能不能赢 |
[34:00] | Why can’t you be about both? | 为什么你不能两样都关心 |
[34:02] | I’d explain it to you, | 我可以向你解释 |
[34:03] | but then I’d have to care about you. | 但一解释 就代表我关心你了 |
[34:05] | Right. | 好吧 |
[34:07] | What are you doing? | 你做什么呢 |
[34:08] | Don’t touch that. | 别碰那个 |
[34:09] | I’m just checking my lock. | 我只是检查一下我的车锁 |
[34:11] | You ride your bike to… | 你骑车来… |
[34:14] | It’s locked, okay? | 是锁着的 好吗 |
[34:15] | Come on. | 走吧 |
[34:22] | Defense sent over the investigation files as a courtesy. | 被告方出于礼貌送来了调查报告 |
[34:25] | No, they didn’t. | 不 才不是 |
[34:26] | Nobody does anything as a courtesy. | 没有人做事是出于礼貌的 |
[34:27] | They sent those files | 他们发哪些文件过来 |
[34:28] | because that’s where they want you to look. | 就说明他们想让你把注意力放在哪些方面 |
[34:30] | Listen, being a lawyer’s like being a doctor. | 听着 做律师就像做医生 |
[34:32] | You mean how you don’t get emotional about the client? | 你是说对客户不夹杂个人情感吗 |
[34:34] | No, I mean you keep pressing until it hurts. | 不 我是指你要四处按压 哪里疼 |
[34:36] | Then you know where to look. | 你才知道该检查哪里 |
[34:38] | Forget about impeaching the investigation. | 别再对调查提出异议了 |
[34:39] | It won’t lead anywhere. | 那不会有什么进展 |
[34:40] | No employee’s gonna testify against their own CEO. | 没有员工会指证自己的总裁 |
[34:43] | Okay. So what do you suggest I do? | 好吧 那你觉得我应该做什么 |
[34:45] | Think. This guy’s done this once… | 想呀 他做了这种事 |
[34:47] | He’s done it before. | 肯定还有前科 |
[34:48] | And if the people who work for him now won’t testify against him… | 即使现在的员工不肯指证他 |
[34:51] | Someone who used to work for him might. | 过去的员工也许愿意 |
[34:55] | You know what, I’d subpoena the personnel records of every woman | 换做我 就会发传票索要他在任期间 |
[34:58] | who’s left the firm during this guy’s tenure. | 所有离职女职员的人事记录 |
[35:00] | That’s funny. That’s exactly what I thought. | 真巧 英雄所见略同 |
[35:02] | Then what do you need my help for? | 那你要我帮什么忙 |
[35:04] | I don’t know how to fill out a subpoena. | 我不知道怎么填传票 |
[35:11] | Donna, can you show me how to fill out a subpoena? | 唐娜 你能教我怎么填传票吗 |
[35:14] | Absolutely. And after that, | 行啊 |
[35:15] | you want me to show you how to wipe your ass? | 用不用我再教你怎么擦屁股呢 |
[35:16] | It’s funny, because you should already know | 说来好笑 你早该知道 |
[35:18] | how to do both those things. | 怎么做这两件事情 |
[35:19] | Ha, yeah, that’s hilarious. | 是啊 真是好笑 |
[35:21] | – What’s that? – That’s my suit guy. | -这是什么 -我的私人裁缝 |
[35:23] | Go in, tell him I sent you, and spend some money. | 告诉他是我让你去的 做几件像样的西服穿 |
[35:25] | What does it matter how much money I spend on suits? | 我花多少钱在西服上真那么重要吗 |
[35:28] | People respond to how we’re dressed, | 人们就吃这一套 |
[35:29] | so like it or not, this is what you have to do. | 不管你喜不喜欢 这就是游戏规则 |
[35:31] | That’s weird, you giving me advice. | 真新鲜啊 你竟然悉心教导我 |
[35:33] | It sounds like you actually care about me. | 听起来好像你很关心我 |
[35:35] | I don’t. You’re a reflection of me, | 我才不会 你也算是我的脸面 |
[35:37] | and I absolutely care about me. | 我这是在关心我自己 |
[35:39] | So get your skinny tie out of my face and get to work. | 赶紧戴着你那条细领带滚回去工作吧 |
[35:44] | That was a little harsh. | 这话有点狠了 |
[35:47] | – Really? – Yeah. | -有吗 -必须有 |
[35:56] | Mike. | 迈克 |
[35:58] | Where are you going? | 你要去哪里 |
[36:01] | It’s 6:30. I’m going home. | 六点半了 我准备下班回家 |
[36:04] | Okay. What’s so funny? | 好吧 我又错在哪里了 |
[36:06] | You’re a rookie associate. | 你是个菜鸟助理 |
[36:08] | If you go home before 9:00 on your first week, | 如果你第一周就每天九点前下班 |
[36:10] | you’re not gonna make it through your first month. | 你连第一个月都熬不下去就得离职 |
[36:12] | And Louis Litt wants to see you. | 路易·利特要见你 |
[36:14] | – Hey, can I ask you something? – Mm-hmm. | -我能问你点事吗 -说吧 |
[36:15] | This tie, is it too skinny? | 我这领带是不是太细了 |
[36:18] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[36:20] | Right. | 好吧 |
[36:32] | I know you had orientation from Rachel, | 我知道瑞秋已经给你大致介绍过了 |
[36:34] | but I wanted to give you a special welcome from me. | 但我想给你一个特别的欢迎仪式 |
[36:38] | Amongst other things, | 除了我的本职工作外 |
[36:40] | I’m sort of the disciplinarian of the associates. | 我还是所有助理的纪律官 |
[36:47] | – You wanted to see me? – Yes. | -您要见我吗 -是的 |
[36:49] | Gary, please come in. | 是的 加里请进来吧 |
[36:49] | Mike, this is Gary Lipsky. | 迈克 这是加里·立波斯奇 |
[36:51] | Gary’s one of our most promising associates from last year. | 加里是去年事务所里表现最好的助理之一 |
[36:53] | Hi. | 你好 |
[36:55] | Gary, Ms. Pearson wanted me to ask, | 加里 皮尔逊女士让我问你 |
[36:57] | have you completed the Petramco filing? | 派特可那案子的归档做完了吗 |
[36:59] | Well, my brother was in over the weekend, | 我哥哥这周过来了 |
[37:01] | so I didn’t really get to it. | 所以我还没来得及做 |
[37:02] | Look, I mean, Gary, come on. | 加里 你应该明白的 |
[37:04] | This is, like, the third time I’ve had to ask. | 这已经是我第三次问你了 |
[37:05] | I’ll get right on it. | 我马上就去做 |
[37:07] | Don’t bother. You’re fired. | 不用了 你被炒了 |
[37:08] | What? You can’t fire me. | 什么 你不能就这样辞退我 |
[37:10] | Oh, yes, I can. And I just did. | 是的 我可以 而且我已经做了 |
[37:12] | Go pack up your things. | 去收拾一下你的东西 |
[37:14] | Don’t you ever show your face in this place again. | 别在让我在公司再见到你 |
[37:24] | See, I arranged for you to see that | 我是故意让你看到这一幕的 |
[37:26] | because we pay our associates very well | 我们付给助理们很高的薪酬 |
[37:29] | and we provide the opportunity for unlimited advancement. | 并且提供无限的职业发展机会 |
[37:31] | But in return we expect results. | 所以我们要求高绩效作为回报 |
[37:38] | Have I made myself clear? | 明白我的意思了吗 |
[37:41] | Yeah. | 明白了 |
[37:44] | Great. | 很好 |
[37:46] | Welcome to Pearson Hardman. | 欢迎来到皮尔逊·哈德曼律所 |
[37:53] | Feel free to go back to work. | 该干什么干什么去吧 |
[37:59] | Harvey. | 哈维 |
[38:02] | Okay, I have two words for you. | 我要送你四个字 |
[38:04] | Absolutely beautiful. | 美艳非凡 |
[38:07] | You think you’re the only one who can charm a client? | 别以为只有你会对客户施展魅力 |
[38:09] | Categorically stunning. | 沉鱼落雁 |
[38:12] | How’s the new kid working out? | 新来的小孩工作得怎样 |
[38:14] | Regally hot. | 倾国倾城 |
[38:16] | – You’re an idiot. – Jessica Pearson. | -别犯傻了你 -杰西卡·皮尔逊 |
[38:19] | Good night, Harvey. | 晚安 哈维 |
[38:29] | What are you doing here? | 你来我家干吗 |
[38:30] | Watching sportscenter. | 看体育台 |
[38:35] | You won’t return my phone calls. | 你不回我的电话 |
[38:37] | Ah, yeah, because you set me up. | 没错 因为你陷害了我 |
[38:39] | Do you remember that? | 这么快就忘了吗 |
[38:40] | You think I knew about that? | 你觉得我是故意的吗 |
[38:41] | Here we go. | 又来了 |
[38:42] | Round 50 of I get the shaft | 第五十次说”我被骗了” |
[38:44] | because you didn’t know the whole story. | 你根本就不知道整件事的过程 |
[38:46] | You knew there were risks | 早在你引用书里那些话的时候 |
[38:48] | when you quoted that crap from that book. | 你就该知道这事有风险 |
[38:49] | Okay, you needed money, | 听着 你需要钱 |
[38:50] | and I came through with an opportunity like always. | 我像之前一样 给了你一个机会 |
[38:53] | Besides, you weren’t the only one who got screwed. | 另外 你也不是唯一的受害者 |
[38:55] | They pulled a gun on me. | 他们当时用枪指着我 |
[38:57] | Oh, really? | 真的吗 |
[38:57] | And why did they do that? | 他们为什么要那么做 |
[38:59] | To keep me from warning you. | 为了不让我给你报信 |
[39:00] | So you did know. | 所以你早知道那是个圈套 |
[39:02] | Well, not until after it was too late. | 但那时候已经晚了 |
[39:03] | Well, it’s too late now. | 现在说什么也晚了 |
[39:05] | Look, let me make it up to you. | 我可以补偿你 |
[39:07] | Oh, you want to make it up to me? | 你想补偿我吗 |
[39:09] | Give me my key back. | 把钥匙还我 |
[39:19] | Michael. | 迈克 |
[39:21] | Come on. | 别这样 |
[39:23] | You know I don’t want to live in a world where we’re not tight. | 咱们闹僵的话 我活着也没什么意思 |
[39:27] | Then kill yourself. | 那就去死吧 |
[39:30] | Get out. | 滚 |
[39:33] | Get the hell out. | 滚出去 |
[40:01] | Donna, I need the– | 唐娜 我要… |
[40:02] | oh, also I didn’t have a chance to– | 我还没来得及去… |
[40:04] | – Marry me? – I took care of that too. | -嫁给我吧 -那事我也搞定了 |
[40:06] | We’ve been married for the last seven years. | 我们已经结婚七年了 |
[40:08] | Excellent. | 太好了 |
[40:10] | Umm, Devlin McGreggor’s fighting the subpoena. | 德夫林·迈克雷格拒收传票 |
[40:12] | They filed a motion to dismiss the case | 他们说我们证据不足 |
[40:14] | based on our lack of evidence. | 提出动议要求撤销此案 |
[40:16] | – Good. – Good. | -很好 -是啊 |
[40:18] | Wait, what do you mean, “Good”? | 等等 “很好”代表什么 |
[40:19] | They don’t want to hand over the files. | 他们不想交出文件 |
[40:20] | You pressed where it hurt. | 你戳到了他们的痛处 |
[40:21] | You’re looking in the right place. | 说明找对了位置 |
[40:22] | Did you think they wouldn’t fight back? | 难道你以为他们会坐以待毙吗 |
[40:24] | Well, I– now that you mention it. | 现在你倒是提醒我了 |
[40:26] | Oh, my bad. | 我的错 |
[40:28] | I keep forgetting you don’t actually know anything. | 我总是忘了 你其实什么也不懂 |
[40:31] | The idea is, | 策略在于 |
[40:32] | you make a move, they make a move. | 敌动我动 |
[40:34] | You go back and forth until one of you wins. | 不断地变化战略 直到获胜 |
[40:35] | Okay, what if they win the motion | 万一他们的动议得以通过 |
[40:37] | and the case gets dismissed? | 这案子被撤销了怎么办 |
[40:39] | You’re not as good as you think you are. | 那就说明你没自己想象得那么强 |
[40:43] | Harvey. What a coincidence. | 真巧啊 哈维 |
[40:45] | I was wondering how the pro bono was coming. | 我正想问你无偿服务案进展怎样了 |
[40:46] | I’m all over it. | 我正在全力办理 |
[40:47] | That makes me very happy, | 这答案我很满意 |
[40:49] | because if I were to find out | 如果让我发现 |
[40:49] | that you weren’t putting in your full effort, | 你没有全力以赴在办这个案子的话 |
[40:51] | I’d be very upset. | 我会很生气 |
[40:53] | No worries. We’re all good. | 不用担心 胜券在握 |
[41:04] | Rachel! Rachel, Rachel, Rachel. I need your help. | 瑞秋 我要你帮个忙 |
[41:06] | There’s a hearing on my subpoena. | 我的案子有个听证会 |
[41:07] | I’ve got three cases in front of you, | 我手里已经有三个案子了 |
[41:08] | so you’re gonna have to wait in line. | 你只能排队等了 |
[41:10] | No. No, no, no. | 真的不行 |
[41:10] | My hearing is tomorrow. | 我的听证会就在明天 |
[41:12] | So why are you coming to me? | 干嘛偏要找我 |
[41:14] | Because Donna says | 因为唐娜告诉我 |
[41:16] | you’re the best researcher in the firm. | 你是事务所最棒的调研员 |
[41:18] | Let me see the motion. | 让我看看那个动议 |
[41:23] | You have an office? | 你竟然有单独的办公室 |
[41:25] | How do you have an office | 怎么你能有间办公室 |
[41:26] | and I have a cubicle? | 而我只能坐在隔间里 |
[41:28] | Like you said, I’m the best researcher in the firm. | 如你所言 我是这里最好的调研员 |
[41:31] | Really? | 真的吗 |
[41:31] | I just made that up. | 刚刚那都是我瞎编的 |
[41:33] | I didn’t even have time to talk to Donna. | 我根本没空和唐娜说话 |
[41:37] | Is this all a joke to you? | 你觉得这很好笑吗 |
[41:39] | ‘Cause I take my job seriously. | 我对我的工作是认真的 |
[41:41] | No, I’m sorry. | 真对不起 |
[41:42] | Look, I was– | 我只是… |
[41:44] | look, you weren’t there, okay. | 你没亲眼见过 |
[41:47] | I care about this woman. | 我真的关心这个女人 |
[41:49] | She’s got nowhere else to turn– | 她已经走投无路了 |
[41:51] | and you can’t help her by yourself. | 但你凭一己之力帮不了她 |
[41:54] | I can. | 我可以 |
[41:55] | I just prefer not to. | 但我还是选择不单干 |
[41:59] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[42:01] | You’re asking to look at private files without any evidence | 你想在自己的判断没有证据支持的情况下 |
[42:03] | of your assertion. | 查看人事档案 |
[42:04] | Yeah, but the only way that we can find | 是的 找到证据的唯一方法 |
[42:05] | the evidence is to look at those files. | 就是查看那些档案 |
[42:07] | It’s a rickety argument. | 这理由不够有说服力 |
[42:08] | But is there a precedent? | 但也许会有先例呢 |
[42:11] | Let’s go see if we can find one. | 让我们看看能不能找得到 |
[42:14] | Research is as much art as science, | 调研既是门科学 也是门艺术 |
[42:17] | so we’re gonna look at privacy and harassment law | 我们要查阅个人隐私法和性骚扰法 |
[42:19] | so you can find a combination of cases to make an argument. | 试图找出一个结合点来做论据 |
[42:22] | I’ll take privacy. | 我负责个人隐私法 |
[42:24] | I’ll take harassment law. | 我负责性骚扰法案 |
[42:26] | This’ll take a while. | 这需要些时间 |
[42:27] | We’re gonna need dinner. | 我们要叫晚饭来吃了 |
[42:29] | – Chinese. – No. | -中餐怎么样 -不要 |
[42:30] | I can afford Chinese on my own. | 我自己也吃得起中餐 |
[42:32] | This is on the firm. I want sushi. | 事务所出钱 我要吃寿司 |
[42:35] | So they told me to put my top investigator on it. | 他们让我出动最棒的调查员 |
[42:37] | – What did you do? – What could I do? | -那你怎么做了 -我还能怎么做 |
[42:40] | You were out of the country, I gave them Luderman. | 你当时不在国内 我派去了卢迪曼 |
[42:43] | By the way, that dress… | 插一句 你这条裙子… |
[42:45] | What, this old thing? Come on. | 这条都是旧款式了 |
[42:47] | Beautiful. | 很美 |
[42:48] | Vanessa, why don’t we do this more often? | 凡妮莎 我们应该多出来聚聚 |
[42:51] | ‘Cause it always ends the same way. | 结局还不都是一样 |
[42:53] | Then why are we doing it now? | 那你为什么今天要答应 |
[42:55] | Harvey, I don’t sleep around. | 哈维 我不是个随便的女人 |
[42:58] | And I could never be in a relationship with you. | 而且我永远也不会和你谈恋爱 |
[43:00] | All you ever think about is yourself. | 你心里只有自己 |
[43:03] | I’m thinking about you and me right now. | 现在我心里装着我们两个人 |
[43:09] | Please. I insist. | 请让我来吧 |
[43:11] | But I’m a gentleman. | 但我是个有风度的男人 |
[43:12] | Besides, you came through on Dockery for me, | 再说 你帮我和多克利牵过线 |
[43:15] | and I’m not one to forget a favor. | 我不是个忘恩的人 |
[43:18] | Neither am I. | 我也不是 |
[43:26] | Mr. Dockery, you naughty, naughty boy. | 多克利先生 你真是不老实啊 |
[43:34] | You remember when I said you thought you were too smart | 还记得我说 你自认为做律师助理 |
[43:36] | to be a paralegal? | 是大材小用吗 |
[43:38] | – Why… – Aren’t I a lawyer? | -为什么 -我没当上律师 |
[43:43] | I don’t test well. | 我不善于应考 |
[43:45] | – What? – I am smart. | -什么 -我很聪明 |
[43:47] | And I know I’d be a good lawyer. | 我也知道怎样做一名好律师 |
[43:49] | I just– I don’t know what it is. | 但不知为什么 |
[43:50] | I can’t take tests, | 我就是不会考试 |
[43:51] | and I bombed the LSATs. | 法学院入学考试 我考砸了 |
[43:55] | And even if I could get into law school, | 即使我上了法学院 |
[43:56] | there’s no way I’d pass the bar. | 也不可能通过律师资格考试 |
[43:58] | So if only there was someone who could take the test for me. | 除非有人能替我去考 |
[44:04] | – Yeah, if only there were. – Yeah. | -对 只能这样了 -是啊 |
[44:06] | Hi. Where are you at with the research for tomorrow’s hearing? | 明天的听证会研究到哪一步了 |
[44:10] | Nothing yet. | 还没进展 |
[44:11] | You say you care about the client, | 你说过你关心委托人 |
[44:12] | but if you keep playing footsie | 但你不帮我找论据 |
[44:14] | instead of finding me an argument, | 却在这里调情 |
[44:15] | the client’s gonna lose. | 委托人会败诉的 |
[44:17] | I don’t want to lose. | 我可不想败诉 |
[44:21] | Look, it’s no use. | 听着 这么查没用 |
[44:24] | Okay, their investigation’s by the book. | 他们是按照规章进行调查的 |
[44:26] | We look like the bad guys coming in, | 我们倒像是闯进来 |
[44:28] | putting them under duress. | 胁迫他们的坏人 |
[44:30] | What did you just say? | 你刚才说什么 |
[44:31] | I said we look like the bad guys. | 我说我们像是坏人 |
[44:33] | No, you said | 不是 你说 |
[44:34] | they did it by the book | 他们按照规章调查 |
[44:36] | and we’re putting them under duress. | 而我们在胁迫他们 |
[44:38] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[44:43] | Look. | 看 |
[44:45] | This is good. We’re gonna have some fun. | 很好 我们可以大做文章了 |
[44:48] | We? I get to go? | 我们 我也可以去吗 |
[44:50] | You didn’t think I’d let you come along? | 你以为我不会带上你吗 |
[44:51] | – No. – Good instinct. I wasn’t. | -是啊 -感觉很准 原来我确实不想 |
[44:54] | But then I thought it’d be cruel not to let you | 但如果不让你见证我的伟大 |
[44:55] | witness my greatness. | 就不近人情了 |
[44:56] | – Okay, can I go get my bag? – No. | -好 我要回去拿包吗 -不用 |
[44:59] | – You’re a true giver. – Other side. | -你真慷慨 -从那边上 |
[45:01] | Okay. | 好的 |
[45:04] | Your honor, this case should be thrown out. | 法官大人 本案应当不予受理 |
[45:06] | Other than her story, | 除了原告自己的阐述外 |
[45:07] | the plaintiff doesn’t have one piece of evidence. | 她没有任何证据 |
[45:09] | Because the evidence lies within their personnel files, | 因为证据都在人事档案中 |
[45:12] | which they’re conveniently refusing to hand over. | 而对方索性拒绝向我们提供档案 |
[45:14] | Those files contain sensitive information. | 那些档案中包含敏感内容 |
[45:17] | He’s fishing at the expense | 他从中寻找证据 |
[45:18] | of our employees’ right to privacy. | 是以牺牲我方员工隐私权为代价的 |
[45:20] | Please. They don’t give a rat’s ass | 得了吧 他们对员工隐私权的 |
[45:22] | about his employees’ right to privacy. | 关心程度还不及老鼠屎 |
[45:24] | Sorry, that’s actually unfair to rats’ asses. | 不好意思 这么说对老鼠屎很不公平 |
[45:27] | Your honor, Mr. Specter’s claim that | 法官大人 斯佩克特先生声称 |
[45:28] | we don’t care about our employees, | 我们不关心自己的员工 |
[45:30] | though belittling, doesn’t carry any weight as a rule of law. | 这只能算是对我们的贬低 不具有法律意义 |
[45:33] | True, but what does carry weight is that an investigation | 是的 有意义的是 关于性骚扰的调查 |
[45:36] | of sexual harassment must be conducted without any duress. | 必须在没有胁迫的情况下进行 |
[45:39] | Your point? | 你的意思是 |
[45:40] | The investigator and every person being interviewed | 调查员和接受询问的人 |
[45:43] | answers to the CEO they’re investigating. | 都要听命于他们正在调查的总裁 |
[45:46] | That is the definition of duress. | 这是典型的胁迫 |
[45:51] | It’d be as if your bailiff accused you of sexual harassment | 就像如果法警以性骚扰的罪名指控您 |
[45:54] | and you assigned your stenographer to investigate. | 而你指派速记员来进行调查 |
[45:57] | Now how likely would it be | 这样的调查 |
[45:59] | that this investigation yielded any fruit? | 怎么可能得出结果 |
[46:02] | You honestly think I would harass Herman? | 你真以为我会对赫尔曼进行性骚扰吗 |
[46:05] | Well, I don’t know, your honor. | 我不清楚 法官大人 |
[46:06] | Some people have a thing for the uniform. | 有些人就是制服控 |
[46:08] | I’d like to think Herman would come to me | 我倒认为在事情发展到需要调查之前 |
[46:11] | before it even got to an investigation. | 赫尔曼会主动来找我 |
[46:15] | I saw that. That should be stricken. | 我明白了 那应该很伤人吧 |
[46:18] | But what if Herman did come to you, your honor? | 但万一赫尔曼真的主动来找你 法官大人 |
[46:20] | And you betrayed his trust | 而你却辜负了他的信任 |
[46:22] | by firing him under false pretenses? | 以莫须有的理由开除了他 |
[46:25] | You really think that little of me? | 你真以为我会那么小人吗 |
[46:26] | I wouldn’t trust you as far as I could throw you. | 仅凭目前对你的了解 我还不能相信你 |
[46:29] | Your honor. | 法官大人 |
[46:33] | Hand over the files… today. | 在今天之内转交档案 |
[46:37] | That’s it. | 休庭 |
[46:38] | Herman, I’d like to speak to you in chambers. | 赫尔曼 到法官办公室和我谈谈 |
[46:44] | That was awesome. | 太精彩了 |
[46:45] | It was your argument. | 用的是你的论据 |
[46:46] | I just framed it in a way that humanized the situation | 我只是用生动的情境表达了出来 |
[46:49] | and brightened all of our afternoons. | 但却是点睛之笔 |
[46:50] | I feel like Michael Corleone | 我感觉就像 |
[46:51] | in that scene where that fat guy teaches him how to shoot that gun. | 那个胖子教迈克尔·考利昂开枪的那一幕 |
[46:54] | Are you saying that I’m the fat guy? | 你把我比作那个胖子吗 |
[46:55] | ‘Cause I’m not the fat guy. | 我可不是 |
[47:00] | You know what his name was? | 你知道他叫什么吗 |
[47:01] | – Yeah. – Cordoza. | -知道 -科尔多萨 |
[47:02] | – Clemenza. – I knew that. | -克莱门萨 -我知道 |
[47:04] | I was just testing to see if you knew it. | 我就是想考考你 |
[47:06] | I knew that you knew that I knew. | 我知道你知道我知道 |
[47:22] | Train wreck. | 犀利哥啊 |
[47:25] | Hey, I’m looking for Rene. | 你好 我来找雷纳 |
[47:27] | I’m Rene. I’m sorry. | 我就是雷纳 不好意思 |
[47:29] | We don’t sell skinny jeans at this location. | 我们店里不卖紧身牛仔裤 |
[47:34] | Did Harvey tell you I was coming, or…? | 哈维没告诉你我要过来吗 |
[47:36] | Harvey Specter sent you? | 是哈维·斯佩克特介绍你来的 |
[47:38] | That’s another story. | 那就不一样了 |
[47:40] | Do you know your inseam? | 你知道内缝的尺寸吗 |
[47:42] | I don’t. It’s probably a medium. | 不知道 大概是中号吧 |
[47:45] | Oh. Why don’t you browse for a while? | 你何不先随便看看 |
[47:47] | These are the most exclusive, | 这些是最高档的 |
[47:48] | and we move down in price | 从这里到门口 |
[47:49] | as you head to the door. | 按价格降序排列 |
[47:53] | Oh. Okay. | 好的 |
[48:00] | Large? | 大吗 |
[48:03] | That’s not how it works. | 这样并不吸引女性 |
[48:19] | So Trevor’s getting you to do his dirty work for him, huh? | 特雷弗让你帮他擦屁股 是吧 |
[48:21] | All I know is you aren’t talking to each other. | 我只知道你们都不理对方 |
[48:24] | I miss you. | 我想你 |
[48:26] | I want things to go back to the way they were. | 我希望你们的关系能像从前一样好 |
[48:28] | I miss you too. But… | 我也想你 但是… |
[48:31] | I’m not sure things are ever going back to the way they were. | 我觉得我们的关系不可能像从前一样好了 |
[48:33] | I gotta go. | 我挂了 |
[48:36] | What did he say? | 他说什么 |
[48:37] | He said things aren’t ever going back to the way they were. | 他说你们的关系不可能像从前一样好了 |
[48:42] | What did you do? | 你到底做了什么 |
[48:44] | I don’t know. | 我也不知道 |
[48:53] | So the files are on their way. | 我们马上就能拿到档案了 |
[48:55] | We won? | 我们成功了吗 |
[48:56] | That’s fantastic. | 太好了 |
[48:57] | So now we have a week | 现在我们有一周时间 |
[48:58] | to corroborate Nancy’s story. | 来证实南希的说法 |
[49:01] | Listen, I couldn’t have done it without you. | 听着 如果没有你 我肯定做不到 |
[49:05] | You wouldn’t even know where to look without me. | 没有我 你都不知道该从哪下手 |
[49:07] | You know what nobody likes? | 你知道哪类人最讨厌吗 |
[49:08] | Nobody likes a showoff. | 爱炫耀的人 |
[49:13] | Hello. | 喂 |
[49:14] | Yeah, he’s here. | 对 他在这里 |
[49:16] | Okay. Thank you. | 好的 谢谢 |
[49:18] | Files are in Conference Room C. | 档案在三号会议室 |
[49:21] | Why wouldn’t they bring them to my cubicle? | 为什么不送到我的隔间呢 |
[49:24] | They’re trying to bury you in paperwork. | 他们要让你淹没在文件的海洋里 |
[49:26] | Well, they picked the wrong guy. | 那他们可挑错人了 |
[49:29] | If they didn’t, I did. | 要是他们没错 那就是我错了 |
[49:31] | Get it done by the end of the week. | 你得在这周之内看完 |
[49:32] | I got to run and charm our new client. | 我要去吸引新客户了 |
[49:40] | Nice to finally meet you. | 终于见到你了 |
[49:42] | Jessica says you’re gonna sweep me off my feet. | 杰西卡说 你会让我佩服得五体投地 |
[49:45] | I’ll do my best, Mr. Dockery. | 我尽力好好表现 多克利先生 |
[49:47] | You got a nice serve there. | 你刚才的发球很漂亮啊 |
[49:48] | Working on it. | 熟能生巧 |
[49:53] | What the hell is this? | 这是什么东西 |
[49:54] | It’s you having sex with a woman who isn’t Mrs. Dockery. | 你和妻子以外的女性发生了性关系 |
[49:58] | Are you trying to blackmail me? | 你要敲诈我吗 |
[49:59] | You asked my firm | 你问我们事务所 |
[50:00] | where you’re vulnerable to corporate takeover. | 你的公司被兼并的危险何在 |
[50:03] | That’s it right there. | 这照片就是 |
[50:04] | What are you pulling here? | 你在动什么脑筋 |
[50:05] | Your wife owns 10% of the company’s voting shares. | 你太太持有10%有表决权的股份 |
[50:08] | You’ve been seeing this woman and several others for quite some time. | 你和这位 还有另外几位女性都常常见面 |
[50:11] | How do you think your wife’s gonna vote after she finds out? | 你觉得你太太发现后会如何投票呢 |
[50:14] | Who says she has to find out? | 谁说她一定会发现 |
[50:16] | My investigator got these within a week. | 我的调查员用一周时间就找到了这些 |
[50:19] | What do you think a motivated competitor’s | 你觉得竞争对手积极地调查一年 |
[50:20] | gonna dig up in a year? | 会挖到多少猛料 |
[50:25] | I have a solution. | 我有个解决方案 |
[50:27] | Trade her your preferred shares, which have no voting rights, | 用你无表决权的优先股 |
[50:31] | for her common shares, which do. | 来交换她有表决权的普通股 |
[50:32] | The preferred shares are worth $2 million more. | 但优先股的市值超过两百万美元 |
[50:35] | A fraction of what you’ll lose | 与被董事会免职相比 |
[50:36] | if you get voted out of your company. | 你要损失的只是九牛一毛 |
[50:38] | John, I don’t care if you sleep with every woman | 约翰 即使你睡过汉普顿所有的女人 |
[50:40] | in the Hamptons. | 我也不在乎 |
[50:41] | Just give her the preferred shares. | 把优先股转让给你妻子吧 |
[50:46] | Jessica said you were gonna charm me to get my business. | 杰西卡说 你会诱使我把生意交给你 |
[50:49] | I’m not interested in getting your business. | 我无意接管你的生意 |
[50:50] | I’m interested in keeping it. | 我想帮你保住它 |
[50:53] | I know where they don’t want us to look. | 我知道他们不想让我们看的内容了 |
[50:55] | Did you get through all those files in one night? | 你一晚上就看完了所有的文件吗 |
[50:58] | I would have done it faster, | 如果没叫披萨的话 |
[50:59] | but I ordered a pizza. | 本可以看得更快些 |
[51:01] | Speaking of which, have you ever had the cheese in the crust? | 说到这个 你有没有吃过芝心披萨 |
[51:04] | Because it blew my mind. | 简直是人间美味 |
[51:06] | What’d you find? | 你有什么发现 |
[51:07] | There was a dismissal on March 12th, 2005. | 2005年3月12日 有员工被解雇 |
[51:10] | But the file with the employee name on it is missing. | 但没有找到含有该员工姓名的文件 |
[51:13] | It’s our woman. I know it is. | 这就是我们要找的女人 我心知肚明 |
[51:15] | I’m moving to slap sanctions on their attorney, | 我会去申请制裁他们的律师 |
[51:16] | possible jail time. | 他可能会被判刑 |
[51:18] | Guy’s not gonna know what hit him. | 而且他不会知道错在哪里 |
[51:21] | Dennis, it’s Harvey Specter. | 丹尼斯 我是哈维·斯佩克特 |
[51:23] | Did you have anything to do with the March 12, 2005 files | 你有没有对2005年3月12日的文件 |
[51:27] | left out of discovery? | 做什么手脚 |
[51:30] | If they’re here by noon, I’ll believe you. | 如果中午前送过来 我就相信你 |
[51:32] | If not, we’re filing for sanctions. | 不然 我们就申请制裁 |
[51:35] | Threat of sanctions is better than filing for sanctions. | 威胁要制裁永远比申请制裁有效 |
[51:37] | That’s what I meant. Threaten, not file. | 我就是说威胁 不是申请 |
[51:40] | Who would mean that? | 谁会真去申请 |
[51:43] | Shave. | 刮胡子 |
[51:44] | Have you ever heard of this woman? | 听说过这个女人吗 |
[51:46] | Joanna Webster? | 乔安娜·韦伯斯特 |
[51:47] | No. Why? | 没有 怎么了 |
[51:49] | The company’s trying to hide her from us. | 公司不想让我们找到她 |
[51:50] | You think Hunt did the same thing to her | 你认为亨特对她也做了 |
[51:52] | – that he did to me? – Yes. | -那一套吗 -对 |
[51:53] | Then you have to make her come forward and say so. | 那你一定要让她出庭指证 |
[51:56] | Yeah. That’s the plan. | 当然 就是这么打算的 |
[51:58] | Thank you. | 谢谢你 |
[52:10] | Joanna Webster? | 你是乔安娜·韦伯斯特吗 |
[52:11] | Can I help you? | 有什么事吗 |
[52:12] | Hi. My name’s Mike Ross. | 你好 我叫迈克·罗斯 |
[52:15] | I’m a– I’m a lawyer. | 我是名律师 |
[52:16] | I have some questions for you | 我有些问题要问你 |
[52:17] | about your time at Devlin McGreggor. | 有关你在德夫林·迈克雷格的工作 |
[52:20] | Please. Look, just let me tell you a story about my client, okay? | 拜托 听我讲讲我委托人的故事 好吗 |
[52:25] | Fine. Just a second. | 好吧 别说太久 |
[52:28] | Mr. Ross, | 罗斯先生 |
[52:29] | what happened to me happened six years ago. | 那事发生在六年前 |
[52:31] | It was horrible, | 不堪回首 |
[52:33] | and there was a reason I didn’t do anything about it. | 我没采取措施是有原因的 |
[52:35] | They’ll put me on that stand and attack me, | 出庭作证意味着要面对攻击 |
[52:37] | and I don’t want that. | 我不想经受那些 |
[52:39] | Ms. Webster, Joanna, | 韦伯斯特太太 乔安娜 |
[52:43] | this man is a predator, | 那男人到处拈花惹草 |
[52:46] | and if you don’t help stop him, he will do it again. | 如果你不帮忙阻止他 他还会继续下去 |
[52:52] | All you have to do is give a deposition. | 你要做的只是出庭作证 |
[52:53] | I’m sorry. | 对不起 |
[52:55] | I can’t do it. | 我做不到 |
[53:07] | What happened with the witness? | 和证人谈得怎么样 |
[53:11] | I failed… | 我没成功… |
[53:14] | to not be awesome. | 停下迈向辉煌的步伐 |
[53:18] | I got her to testify! | 我说服她去作证了 |
[53:20] | You should have seen me. I tried everything. | 你真该看看那一幕 我什么都试了 |
[53:23] | He’d do it again, | 我说他还会再犯 |
[53:24] | I’d be with her every step of the way… | 还说作证时我会一直陪着她 |
[53:26] | Nothing worked. | 都没用 |
[53:27] | And then it hit me. | 接着我灵光一闪 |
[53:30] | I asked her what if it was her daughter | 我问她 如果是她的女儿 |
[53:33] | that he did this to. | 遭遇到这种情况怎么办 |
[53:35] | She melted. | 立马奏效了 |
[53:37] | And you know how I came up with that little gem? | 你知道我怎么想到这招的吗 |
[53:40] | I cared about her. | 我关心她 |
[53:47] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[53:48] | I’m glad to see that staying up all night | 熬通宵没把你熬成白痴 |
[53:50] | doesn’t make you act like a complete idiot. | 我感到很欣慰 |
[53:52] | Go home and get some sleep. | 回家睡觉吧 |
[53:53] | I don’t want you waving that thing around | 明天作证的时候 |
[53:54] | during tomorrow’s deposition. | 我可不想看你拿枪甩来甩去 |
[54:02] | Harvey. | 哈维 |
[54:04] | How’s the pro bono going? | 无偿服务案进行得怎样 |
[54:06] | Great. I just talked a witness into testifying. | 不错 刚刚说服一位证人出庭作证 |
[54:09] | Really? What’s the witness’s name? | 真的吗 证人叫什么 |
[54:14] | I’m not an idiot. | 我可不是傻瓜 |
[54:15] | Don’t treat me like one. | 别想糊弄我 |
[54:17] | You pawned off the case. | 你让别人接手了这案子 |
[54:19] | Jessica, I’ve got higher profile cases– | 杰西卡 我手头还有更高端的案子 |
[54:21] | Need I remind you that when we first met, | 你忘了我们第一次见面时 你是什么样吗 |
[54:24] | you were a screw-up? | 你当时一无是处 |
[54:25] | I gave you a shot at the mail room, | 我让你在收发室干活 |
[54:27] | led you up the ranks, and then paid for you to go to Harvard, | 帮你一步步晋升 接着又供你去哈佛读书 |
[54:30] | where, by the way, you jerked off the entire time | 结果你在学校只是混日子 |
[54:33] | you were there, and I still hired you. | 但我还是雇了你 |
[54:36] | And you’ve benefited from that ever since. | 之后你就不断获利啊 |
[54:38] | Look, I closed the Dockery case, okay. | 我解决了多克利的案子 好吧 |
[54:40] | You made a promise to me. | 你先是答应了我 |
[54:41] | You broke it, and then you lied to my face. | 接着食言了 还当着我的面对我撒谎 |
[54:45] | So let me be clear. This isn’t professional. | 我明确地告诉你 这不是公事 |
[54:48] | This is personal. | 这是私事 |
[54:50] | And I’ll tell you something else. | 我还要告诉你 |
[54:52] | You made your bed, you better goddamn win. | 既然接手了 你就必须赢下来 |
[55:23] | – What the hell is wrong with you? – I need the briefcase back. | -你发什么神经 -把那箱子还我 |
[55:25] | Oh, so that’s what this has been about, huh? | 所以说你来我家乱翻就是为了那箱子 |
[55:27] | You don’t care about our friendship at all. | 你根本不在乎我们的友情 |
[55:29] | You’re my oldest friend, and you know it. | 你知道 你是我交情最久的朋友 |
[55:30] | But you don’t seem to care about that anymore, | 但你现在好像不在乎我们的友情了 |
[55:33] | and, yeah, I need the briefcase back. | 对 我想把箱子要回来 |
[55:34] | And I’m gonna find it, Mike. | 我一定会找到的 迈克 |
[55:36] | Well, I ditched it when I was running away | 我躲警察的时候就扔了 |
[55:37] | from the cops that you sent me into. | 那还要拜你所赐 |
[56:04] | Mike. | 迈克 |
[56:06] | Where you going? | 你要去哪里 |
[56:08] | To my cubicle. | 我的隔间 |
[56:09] | No, you’re not. It’s pee in a cup time. | 不行 现在是尿检时间 |
[56:14] | I’m sorry. What? | 抱歉 你说什么 |
[56:15] | Drug test. Follow me. | 马上去药检 跟我来 |
[56:19] | I’m just gonna put my stuff back– | 我先回去放下东西 |
[56:21] | Now. | 就现在 |
[56:30] | Oh, by the way, my cousin was your year at Harvard. | 对了 我侄子和你是哈佛同一届的 |
[56:34] | And I asked him if he knew you. | 我问他是否认识你 |
[56:36] | It’s so funny. He didn’t. | 很搞笑的是他说不认识 |
[56:39] | Well, what’s his name? | 他叫什么 |
[56:40] | Mitch Samberg | 米切尔·萨鲍格 |
[56:41] | Yeah. Don’t know him. | 我也不认识他 |
[56:45] | It’s a big school. | 学校很大的 |
[56:47] | Not really. | 其实不大 |
[56:48] | We get 7,000 applications a year. | 我们每年会收到七千份申请 |
[56:50] | You think you can just walk in and take a tour? | 你觉得你能随便进来参观吗 |
[56:53] | Oh, Mitchell. | 是米切尔啊 |
[56:55] | With the slicked back hair, | 那个小背头 |
[56:56] | graduated seventh in the class. | 毕业考试排班上第七名的那个 |
[56:58] | Sure. Yeah. I remember him. | 没错 我想起来了 |
[57:01] | Time to face the music. | 快去做尿检吧 |
[57:08] | Yeah, what’s up? | 什么事 |
[57:09] | I got to get to the Kendrick filing. | 我要肯迪克的文档 |
[57:10] | Where the hell is Mike? | 迈克去哪里了 |
[57:11] | I don’t know. | 不知道 |
[57:15] | Leave the cup on the counter. | 到时候把杯子放在柜台上 |
[57:21] | You’ll have to leave that out here. | 你得把公文箱留在外面 |
[57:24] | – Why? – If you take it in there with you, | -为什么 -如果你带进去了 |
[57:26] | I have to check to make sure you don’t have | 我就得开箱检查 |
[57:27] | another urine sample in it. | 以防里面有尿样 |
[58:12] | – Where you been? – Hi. Um… | -你去哪里了 -嗨 |
[58:15] | Getting drug tested, actually. | 做药检去了 |
[58:17] | The deposition’s this afternoon. | 今天下午就要出庭作证了 |
[58:19] | Before they get here, | 在他们过来之前 |
[58:19] | I want you to grill this woman about her background | 你要好好拷问那个证人的背景 |
[58:22] | for anything they might use against her. | 别让他们找到把柄 |
[58:24] | – You got it? – Got it. | -明白了吗 -明白 |
[58:25] | – Make her tell you everything. – Everything. | -要面面俱到 -面面俱到 |
[58:26] | – Everything. – Everything. | -丝毫不漏 -绝对不漏 |
[58:28] | – Okay. – Okay. | -好 -好 |
[58:39] | I had been working six months | 那时我上班已经六个月了 |
[58:41] | when Mr. Hunt started asking me to work more, | 亨特先生开始加大我的工作量 |
[58:45] | order dinner. | 晚餐叫外卖 |
[58:46] | One night, late, he tried to have sex with me. | 有天很晚了 他要和我发生性关系 |
[58:51] | The next day, I requested a change in assignment. | 第二天 我就提出要求调职 |
[58:55] | Two months later I was fired for having a bad attitude. | 两月后我因为工作态度差而被解雇 |
[58:59] | This is ridiculous. | 太可笑了 |
[59:01] | Wipe that smirk off your face. | 笑什么笑 |
[59:03] | You’re not even supposed to be here. | 你根本就不该在这里 |
[59:04] | Mr. Hunt has every right to be here. | 亨特先生有权出席 |
[59:06] | Now, Ms. Webster, after working for Devlin McGreggor, | 韦伯斯特女士 离开德夫林·迈克雷格公司后 |
[59:10] | you then went on to waitress at Hooters, right? | 你去猫头鹰餐厅做了侍者 是吗 |
[59:14] | Yes, I did. | 对啊 |
[59:15] | A place that advertises the sexuality of its waitstaff, correct? | 那里以标榜员工性感而闻名 对吧 |
[59:20] | You will have to ask them that. | 那个你得去问店里 |
[59:22] | I’m asking you. | 我在问你 |
[59:23] | And she’s not answering. Move on. | 她拒绝回答 继续 |
[59:28] | Ms. Webster, would you say that you’re a truthful person? | 韦伯斯特女士 你认为自己诚实吗 |
[59:34] | Yes. | 是的 |
[59:35] | So when you said earlier that you had never been arrested | 之前你说从未因罪被捕 |
[59:38] | for a crime, you were speaking the truth? | 你说的是实话吗 |
[59:41] | – Yes. – Yes, | -是 -好的 |
[59:43] | so in 1993 then you were not arrested for stealing | 那1993年 在宾州柳林商场 |
[59:47] | $1,000 worth of jewelry | 你没有偷窃过 |
[59:48] | from the Willow Grove Mall in Pennsylvania? | 价值一千美金的珠宝吗 |
[59:53] | I was 17. That was one mistake. | 我那时才17岁 还不懂事 |
[59:57] | Those records were supposed to be sealed. | 那记录应该被封存的 |
[59:58] | So when you say those records were sealed, | 你说记录被封存了 |
[1:00:00] | what you mean to say is you thought you could get away with a lie? | 就意味着可以通过撒谎来摆脱罪名吗 |
[1:00:03] | No, that’s not it. | 不是这样的 |
[1:00:04] | You’re making it seem different that it is. | 你这是在歪曲事实 |
[1:00:07] | I’m sorry. You were arrested in your past | 很抱歉 你有过前科 |
[1:00:09] | and you lied about it here under oath. | 还在宣了誓的情况下撒过谎 |
[1:00:11] | Is that making it seem different than what it is? | 这也是歪曲事实吗 |
[1:00:18] | No answer. Hmm, all right. | 不回答 好吧 |
[1:00:20] | Let me ask you this, since you’ve lied here once, | 那我问你 既然你之前在这里撒过谎 |
[1:00:24] | what’s to make us believe you’re not lying about Mr. Hunt? | 我们该如何相信你没在亨特先生的事情上说谎呢 |
[1:00:40] | How the hell did you miss that arrest? | 你怎么不知道她有前科 |
[1:00:41] | I did every background check we have. | 我真的做了全面调查 |
[1:00:43] | Did you grill her like I told you to? | 有没有照我说的拷问她 |
[1:00:45] | It was a sealed record, Harvey! | 那记录是被封存的 哈维 |
[1:00:46] | Goddamn it, I knew it. | 妈的 我就知道 |
[1:00:48] | Fix it. | 想办法补救 |
[1:00:50] | Joanna! Wait. Please! | 乔安娜 等等 拜托 |
[1:00:52] | This is why I didn’t want to testify. | 这就是我不想作证的原因 |
[1:00:54] | They twist something from 100 years ago | 他们会翻出一百年前老账 |
[1:00:56] | and make me look like a liar. | 搞得我像个骗子 |
[1:00:57] | They make it sound like what he did to me didn’t happen. | 像是他对我做的下流事只是子虚乌有 |
[1:01:00] | It doesn’t matter. All right? | 这没关系 好吗 |
[1:01:01] | I just–I need you to testify on Friday | 我需要你周五出庭作证 |
[1:01:04] | and keep this case alive. | 来挽救这个案子 |
[1:01:05] | We don’t have time to find anyone else before– | 在那之前我们没时间找其他证人… |
[1:01:07] | would you please wait? | 你能等等吗 |
[1:01:08] | No. I’m not waiting. | 不 我才不等你呢 |
[1:01:10] | You promised this wouldn’t happen, and it did. | 你保证过不会发生这种事 结果呢 |
[1:01:12] | You never told me you were arrested. | 你没告诉我你被拘捕过啊 |
[1:01:14] | Don’t contact me again, please. | 别再联系我了 求你了 |
[1:01:55] | What happened with the witness? | 证人怎么样了 |
[1:01:57] | Nothing. Nothing happened. I couldn’t fix it. | 没怎样 无济于事 我无力挽回了 |
[1:02:01] | So you’re going to quit? | 所以你打算辞职吗 |
[1:02:04] | It’s either that or have Louis Litt fire me. | 要么自己走 要么被路易·利特开除 |
[1:02:07] | What are you talking about? | 什么意思 |
[1:02:08] | My first day, Louis fired Gary Lipsky | 我第一天上班 路易就因为加里·立波斯奇 |
[1:02:10] | for screwing up a case. | 没做好归档而把他炒掉了 |
[1:02:12] | He said if I did the same thing | 他说如果我也搞砸了的话 |
[1:02:14] | I’d be gone just as fast. | 也会遭到同样的下场 |
[1:02:15] | Well, you go back to the witness’ house | 那你就再去找那个证人 |
[1:02:17] | and you get her to testify again. | 说服她重新出庭作证 |
[1:02:19] | – I tried. There’s no way. – There’s always a way. | -我试过了 没办法 -总有办法的 |
[1:02:21] | Then why don’t you go and convince her? | 那你自己怎么不去 |
[1:02:22] | Because you screwed it up. | 因为是你搞砸的 |
[1:02:24] | Oh, and you don’t give a damn about the client. Right. | 对 你丝毫不关心自己的客户 |
[1:02:26] | – That’s not my job. – Does your job | -那又不是我的工作 -那你的工作 |
[1:02:27] | include giving a damn about me? | 包括关心我吗 |
[1:02:29] | Because the least you could do is offer | 你起码可以在路易面前 |
[1:02:30] | – to stand up to Louis for me. – Stand up for you? | -帮我说句话吧 -帮你说句话 |
[1:02:32] | I put my ass on the line for you, | 我都快为你赴汤蹈火了 |
[1:02:33] | but it turns out you may have had the balls to get this job, | 而结果呢 你也许有胆量接下这份工作 |
[1:02:36] | but you don’t have the courage | 但是遇到困难后 |
[1:02:37] | to stick it out when it gets tough. | 你却没胆量迎难而上了 |
[1:02:39] | – That’s not true. – Isn’t it? | -根本不是这样 -不是吗 |
[1:02:41] | You’ve had one foot out the door | 自打你进公司起 你就为自己 |
[1:02:42] | – since you got here. – What are you talking about? | -留好后路了吧 -你说什么呢 |
[1:02:44] | I’m talking about that briefcase being locked in your desk. | 我在说那个你锁在办公桌里的公文箱 |
[1:02:46] | Yeah, I saw it. And I know what it is. | 我不仅看到了 还知道里面是什么 |
[1:02:48] | It’s your backup plan in case this doesn’t work out. | 那是你以防这条路走不通而留好的后路 |
[1:02:51] | You can make some quick cash | 你到时能快速搞到钱 |
[1:02:52] | and go right back to the life you told me you didn’t want to lead. | 回到你口口声声告诉我你不想过的生活轨道 |
[1:02:56] | So if you want to quit, go ahead. | 你要是想辞职 请便 |
[1:02:58] | But this isn’t because of Louis, and it isn’t because of me. | 但这既不是因为路易 也不是因为我 |
[1:03:00] | It’s because you’re afraid you might have to admit | 而是因为你害怕去承认 |
[1:03:03] | that you’re not as smart as you think you are. | 你可能并不如你所想的那么聪明 |
[1:03:08] | If you’re here in the morning, | 如果你想通了 |
[1:03:09] | I’ll know I still have an associate. | 那明天就继续过来上班 |
[1:04:04] | Hey, I get that you were upset | 我比你晋升得快 |
[1:04:07] | that I was promoted before you, | 我知道你很不爽 |
[1:04:08] | but if you ever threaten to fire one of my guys again, | 但如果你胆敢再威胁要开除我的人 |
[1:04:10] | I am going to kick your ass. | 我就要你好看 |
[1:04:15] | What are you talking about? | 你在说什么 |
[1:04:16] | Don’t play dumb with me, all right? | 别跟我装疯卖傻了 |
[1:04:18] | You fired Gary Lipsky in front of Mike Ross. | 你当着迈克·罗斯的面炒掉了加里·立波斯奇 |
[1:04:23] | What’s so funny? | 有什么好笑的 |
[1:04:25] | Gary Lipsky works in the mail room. | 加里·立波斯奇不过是个收发员 |
[1:04:27] | – What? – I didn’t fire anyone. | -什么 -我没把他炒掉 |
[1:04:31] | That’s how I let the new associates know | 我只是通过这种方式让新助理明白 |
[1:04:33] | what’s expected of them. | 我们对他们的期望 |
[1:04:35] | You plant a fake employee to manipulate the assoc– | 你捏造出一个假员工来摆布新助理… |
[1:04:39] | that’s it. | 原来是这样 |
[1:04:40] | What? | 什么 |
[1:05:07] | Michael. | 迈克 |
[1:05:11] | I want to quit. | 我想辞职了 |
[1:05:14] | Come here. | 过来 |
[1:05:26] | When your parents died, | 你父母过世的时候 |
[1:05:28] | I lost my son and my daughter-in-law. | 我同时失去了儿子跟儿媳 |
[1:05:32] | I was scared, alone, and I was too old to raise you. | 我既害怕又孤单 怕自己太老了养不大你 |
[1:05:39] | But I had no choice. | 但我别无选择 |
[1:05:40] | Because who else was going to care of my grandson? | 还会有谁能来照顾我的孙子呢 |
[1:05:46] | You made me a promise before. | 你之前承诺过 |
[1:05:50] | You’re in the door. | 现在你已进了那家事务所 |
[1:05:53] | Promise me now the only way you’ll leave | 答应我 你不会轻易离开 |
[1:05:56] | is if they rip you out. | 除非他们把你扫地出门 |
[1:06:11] | You can save your breath. | 你不用白费劲了 |
[1:06:13] | There’s no way I’m testifying at the hearing tomorrow. | 明天的听证会我绝对不会出庭作证 |
[1:06:16] | That’s not why I’m here. | 我不是为这个来的 |
[1:06:18] | – I know what you did. – What are you talking about? | -我知道你的勾当了 -你说什么呢 |
[1:06:20] | You never worked for Devlin McGreggor, | 你根本没在德夫林·迈克雷格工作过 |
[1:06:23] | and you were never harassed by Mr. Hunt. | 也不曾被亨特先生骚扰过 |
[1:06:25] | – That’s a l– – Now I could tell you | -根本是… -我完全可以告诉你 |
[1:06:26] | that I’ve got the canceled checks or the wire transfer | 我手上已握有付讫支票或是电汇凭据 |
[1:06:28] | or whatever smoking gun that exists–I don’t. | 或是其它存在的确凿证据 其实我没有 |
[1:06:32] | But I will. And when I do, | 但我会拿到的 我一旦找到证据 |
[1:06:33] | you’ll be going to jail | 你就准备坐牢吧 |
[1:06:34] | unless you tell me what happened right now. | 除非你现在就告诉我实情 |
[1:06:39] | I’m the guy you tell. | 我是你坦白的最佳人选 |
[1:06:45] | All I had to do was waste your time | 我只需要拖住你们 |
[1:06:46] | until tomorrow after the hearing. | 到明天听证会结束后 |
[1:06:50] | Please, I just needed the money. | 求你了 我需要用钱 |
[1:06:53] | I don’t want to go to jail. | 我不想去坐牢 |
[1:06:57] | Here’s what you’re gonna do… | 我来告诉你接下来怎么做… |
[1:06:59] | Did you call this place before? | 以前叫过这家的外卖吗 |
[1:07:02] | Mike! | 迈克 |
[1:07:04] | – Hey. – I’m not giving this to you | -嗨 -把这个给你 |
[1:07:05] | because you need it. | 不是因为你需要它 |
[1:07:06] | I’m giving it to you because I don’t. | 而是因为我不需要 |
[1:07:10] | And I don’t know if I’m ready to forgive you yet or not, | 我不知道自己准备好原谅你没有 |
[1:07:13] | but I do know we’re even. | 但我知道 我们扯平了 |
[1:07:17] | Wait a second. | 等一下 |
[1:07:22] | I… | 我… |
[1:07:24] | Well… | 那… |
[1:07:32] | Don’t. | 别 |
[1:07:34] | Now we’re even. | 现在我们扯平了 |
[1:07:54] | I see you came to work today. Nice suit. | 看你今天还是来工作了 西服挺不错 |
[1:07:58] | It was a barter transaction. | 跟人做了笔交易 |
[1:08:00] | I got six of them for one little briefcase. | 一个小公文箱就换了六套西服 |
[1:08:06] | Listen… | 听着 |
[1:08:10] | I’m sorry and– | 很抱歉我… |
[1:08:11] | Forget it. | 没事了 |
[1:08:14] | When I first started, Jessica rode me so hard… | 在我刚起步时 杰西卡给我的压力也很大 |
[1:08:18] | I quit once a month. | 每个月我都想要辞职 |
[1:08:20] | I just told you what you needed to hear. | 我只是告诉了你做人的道理 |
[1:08:23] | That’s just it. I’ve only ever had one person | 就是这样 以前只有一个人 |
[1:08:26] | who told me what I needed to hear. | 教我做人的道理 |
[1:08:30] | Maybe it’s time I started trusting somebody else. | 或许是时候开始信任第二个人了 |
[1:08:42] | Merry Christmas. | 圣诞快乐 |
[1:08:49] | Is this for real? | 这是真的吗 |
[1:08:51] | You know what to do. | 你知道该怎么做 |
[1:08:55] | Press until it hurts. | 按到痛处为止 |
[1:08:58] | Wire transfer from your account to Joanna Webster’s, | 这是从您的账户电汇给乔安娜·韦伯斯特的凭据 |
[1:09:02] | phone records with Joanna Webster | 这是在出席听证会前 |
[1:09:04] | prior to her testimony, | 您与乔安娜·韦伯斯特的通话记录 |
[1:09:07] | and an affidavit stating you paid | 这是关于你付钱给韦伯斯特女士 |
[1:09:09] | Ms. Webster to falsely testify. | 作伪证的书面陈述 |
[1:09:12] | Mr. Hunt, harassment is a civil violation. | 亨特先生 性骚扰还属于民事案件范畴 |
[1:09:15] | The penalty is money. | 罚的是钱而已 |
[1:09:17] | But witness tampering, that’s a crime, | 但是证人干扰可是重罪 |
[1:09:19] | and you will go to prison, | 是要坐牢的 |
[1:09:20] | where I guarantee you’ll learn | 我保证你在牢里 |
[1:09:22] | more about unwanted sexual advances | 会体会到远比办公室性骚扰 |
[1:09:23] | than you can possibly imagine. | 更加难以接受的事情 |
[1:09:26] | Do you think this is going to intimidate me? | 你觉得这样就能吓到我吗 |
[1:09:29] | Even if this evidence was credible, | 就算这些证据属实 |
[1:09:31] | who are you going to get to prosecute | 你又打算去找谁 |
[1:09:32] | a small-time witness tampering charge, huh? | 来上诉一起区区的证人干扰案呢 |
[1:09:35] | Harvey, didn’t you graduate law school | 哈维 你不是和现任纽约市检察官 |
[1:09:38] | with the current U.S. Attorney in New York? | 一起从法学院毕业的吗 |
[1:09:40] | In fact, I did. | 没错 |
[1:09:42] | And I think he might even be interested | 而且我觉得 他对这类案件 |
[1:09:44] | in pursuing a case like this. | 百分百感兴趣 |
[1:09:45] | Wait, are you two still close? | 等等 你们的关系还很铁吗 |
[1:09:46] | Well, I was the best man at his wedding. | 当然 他结婚时我还做了伴郎 |
[1:09:48] | No, you weren’t. | 不 你撒谎 |
[1:09:50] | You’re bluffing. | 你在虚张声势 |
[1:09:51] | No. | 不 |
[1:09:52] | I think I’ve got some pictures… | 我好像还有一些… |
[1:09:54] | Of us at the ceremony. | 结婚典礼上的照片 |
[1:09:57] | Let’s see. | 我看看 |
[1:09:59] | Yeah. Here we are. | 对 找到了 |
[1:10:01] | You must admit, I look very dashing. | 不得不说 我看起来真帅 |
[1:10:04] | This is me and his mother. | 这是我和他老妈 |
[1:10:05] | The woman adores me. | 那女人很喜欢我 |
[1:10:06] | Here we are at his bachelor party. | 这是我们在他的单身派对上拍的 |
[1:10:08] | There’s no strippers. It was lame. | 没有脱衣舞娘 无聊极了 |
[1:10:10] | But he can’t put guys like you away for sexual harassment | 他可不会放任你这种性骚扰案犯不管 |
[1:10:13] | and then go to strip clubs, now, can he? | 然后去脱衣舞夜总会吧 |
[1:10:15] | All right. What do you want? | 好吧 你想要什么 |
[1:10:17] | An admission of guilt | 对罪行供认不讳 |
[1:10:18] | and a guarantee that you’ll obtain treatment before working again. | 并保证回去工作前先接受治疗 |
[1:10:24] | And Nancy gets reinstated with back pay. | 让南希复职并补发工资 |
[1:10:27] | – Fine. – And a raise. | -好 -还要加薪 |
[1:10:29] | Okay. All right. | 好 行了 |
[1:10:31] | Are we done? | 没其它事了吧 |
[1:10:32] | The kid should be able to grow up without the burden | 应该让孩子在没有学费负担的情况下 |
[1:10:34] | of tuition hanging over his head, don’t you think? | 健康成长 你觉得呢 |
[1:10:36] | Which is why you’re also gonna pay Nancy | 也就是说你还得付给南希 |
[1:10:37] | an extra $250,000. | 25万美元学费 |
[1:10:40] | Charles. | 查尔斯 |
[1:10:45] | Gentlemen. | 失陪了 |
[1:11:04] | You… | 太棒了… |
[1:11:06] | Thank you for everything. | 谢谢你所做的一切 |
[1:11:09] | You’re welcome. | 不客气 |
[1:11:10] | So just one question. | 我有个问题 |
[1:11:12] | Why’d you go to Joanna’s house? | 你为什么要去乔安娜家 |
[1:11:13] | Because I figured it out. | 因为我找到了突破口 |
[1:11:15] | I object. | 反对 |
[1:11:16] | I think you did it because you care. | 我觉得是因为你关心她 |
[1:11:18] | I did it because it’s my job. | 我那么做是工作原因 |
[1:11:20] | Would you admit it? You care about me. | 你就是关心我 承认了吧 |
[1:11:22] | I saw you smile when I showed up for work this morning. | 今早我露面的时候 看到你笑了 |
[1:11:25] | I didn’t smile. I was thinking of a funny joke. | 我可没笑 想到一个笑话而已 |
[1:11:29] | Look, we start on this tomorrow. | 明天我们开始做这个新案子 |
[1:11:31] | Does this mean we’re officially a team now? | 这意味着我们已经成队友了吗 |
[1:11:33] | I wouldn’t move your things into Wayne manor just yet. | 我还不打算把你的东西搬到韦恩庄园 |
[1:11:35] | So now you’re Batman? | 你现在成蝙蝠侠了吗 |
[1:11:37] | Closer to him than Clemenza. | 比起教父 我更像蝙蝠侠 |
[1:11:39] | – Oh, yeah, Kilmer. – Clooney. | -是 基默大人 -克鲁尼 |
[1:11:39] | 方·基默:出演过《永远的蝙蝠侠》 乔治·克鲁尼:出演过《蝙蝠侠与罗宾》 | |
[1:11:42] | Keaton. | 基顿 |
[1:11:45] | Did you really quit when you first started? | 你刚起步时 真的辞过职吗 |
[1:11:47] | Of course not. I’m not a wuss. | 当然没有 我又不是软蛋 |