时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:13] | What is that, three in a row? | 什么情况 你三连胜了 |
[00:14] | That would be four, actually. | 实际上已经四连胜了 |
[00:16] | Oh, God. | 不是吧 |
[00:17] | Come on. What do you say, we go five outta nine? | 要不九局五胜 你看怎样 |
[00:19] | So you can keep abusing me? | 那样你就能继续虐我了是吧 |
[00:20] | No, thank you. I’m done. | 不用了 谢谢 我不玩了 |
[00:22] | Oh, come on. I’ll spot you three. | 来嘛 我让你三局 |
[00:24] | Game time’s over, Wyatt. They’re here. | 游戏时间结束了 怀亚特 他们来了 |
[00:26] | They’re here? | 他们到了吗 |
[00:26] | You can set up in the conference room. | 你可以去会议室准备了 |
[00:28] | Yeah. No, I’m just… | 我只是… |
[00:29] | Get set up in the conference room. | 快去会议室准备 |
[00:33] | -You did let him win, right? -It wasn’t easy. | -你故意让他的吧 -这还真不容易 |
[00:35] | The guy has the coordination of a two-year-old. | 这家伙的协调能力跟两岁小孩似的 |
[00:37] | I know, the last time these venture capitalists came in, | 我知道 上次风险投资人来的时候 |
[00:40] | I took him boxing to calm him down. | 为了让他冷静 我还带他去打拳击 |
[00:41] | I basically had to punch myself in the face to let him win. | 我基本上得打自己的脸 才能让他赢 |
[00:45] | I don’t get it. I mean, if he’s such a genius, | 我不懂 如果他真是个天才 |
[00:47] | why does he get so nervous around a bunch of investors? | 为什么在投资人面前那么紧张 |
[00:50] | Eh, you spend two years working on | 要是你花了整整两年 |
[00:51] | a satellite phone that fits in your pocket | 研发袖珍卫星电话 |
[00:53] | and then bet the company on it. | 还把整个公司都赌上了 |
[00:55] | You’d be a little nervous too, I think. | 我看你也会紧张的 |
[00:56] | The prototype… | 那个样机… |
[00:58] | I can’t find it. I don’t know where I– | 我找不到了 我不知道放在哪… |
[01:00] | You mean this? | 是这个吗 |
[01:01] | I don’t know what I’d do without you. | 没有你我真不知道怎么办 |
[01:03] | – Fail miserably. – I would. | -惨败 -那是必然 |
[01:05] | – Is that the… – $20 million prototype, yes. | -这是… -没错 两千万的样机 |
[01:08] | And you don’t even get to look at this bad boy | 今天交易谈成之前 |
[01:10] | until after we close the deal today. | 你看都别想看 |
[01:11] | Wow, they’re like storm troopers. | 哇 他们像纳粹党的冲锋队似的 |
[01:14] | Storm troopers don’t write checks. | 冲锋队可不会开支票 |
[01:16] | Now all you gotta do is walk in there, | 现在你只需要走进去 |
[01:18] | show them how the phone works… | 告诉他们电话怎么用 |
[01:19] | Right, and Suntech Digital | 然后尚德电子公司 |
[01:22] | will be a new force in global communications. | 就会成为全球通讯的新生力量 |
[01:24] | Let’s knock ’em dead. | 一举秒杀他们吧 |
[01:27] | All right. | 好 |
[01:30] | Wait, wait. Where do you think you’re going? | 停住 你这是要去哪里 |
[01:32] | Into the room with the people. | 进房间 和大家见面 |
[01:34] | Wrong, that’s the adult table in there. | 不行 那是专业人士的谈判场所 |
[01:36] | And you haven’t earned the privilege yet. | 你还不够级别 |
[01:38] | But I played air hockey with him– | 但我都跟他玩过桌上冰球了 |
[01:39] | You need to go back to the office | 你得回办公室 |
[01:40] | and file a patent for the phone. | 申请这个电话的专利 |
[01:42] | A patent? I don’t know how to file a patent. | 专利吗 我不知道怎么申请 |
[01:44] | – Figure it out. – Can’t we do that after– | -自己想办法 -我们能不能先… |
[01:45] | No, and you keep talking, I’m gonna start billing you. | 不行 你再说一句 我就要开始计费了 |
[01:47] | And my time runs $1,000 an hour. | 我的价位是每小时一千美元 |
[01:50] | But isn’t this our time, Mr. Hand? | 时间不是你我共享的吗 汉德先生 |
[01:53] | I stand corrected. | 我接受指正 |
[01:55] | Your Fast Times at Ridgemont High quote, | 你会引用《开放的美国学府》的台词 |
[01:56] | that proves you belong at the adult table. | 证明你可以进行专业谈判了[反语] |
[01:59] | Hey, that’s a great movie. | 那电影相当不错 |
[02:01] | And it spoke to a generation… | 道出了一代人的心声… |
[02:15] | Hey, you busy? | 你在忙吗 |
[02:20] | Okay, have you ever filed a patent before? | 好吧 你以前申请过专利吗 |
[02:22] | I just got back from this meeting with Harvey | 我刚从哈维那里回来 |
[02:24] | and he wants me to file this patent, | 他让我申请专利 |
[02:25] | but I have no idea what that paperwork looks like. | 但我完全不知道怎么填 |
[02:27] | So…any help in this arena would be re– | 你要是能给我些帮助的话… |
[02:33] | Did Harvey call you and tell you to do that? | 是哈维打电话叫你这么做的吗 |
[02:44] | If it isn’t the golden boy. | 这不是金童吗 |
[02:46] | You’re Harvey’s project, right? | 你是哈维的手下 对吧 |
[02:48] | – What’s your name? – Mike, Mike Ross. | -你叫什么 -迈克 迈克·罗斯 |
[02:51] | Gregory Boone. | 我是格雷戈里·布恩 |
[02:52] | So what are you doing here? | 你怎么在这里待着 |
[02:54] | Weren’t you signing some big deal this afternoon downtown? | 你今天下午不是要到市中心签一笔大生意吗 |
[02:57] | Well, evidently I haven’t earned the privilege yet. | 显然我还不够格 |
[02:59] | Get the adult table speech? | 说你不能参与专业谈判是吧 |
[03:04] | Yeah, instead of watching the deal close, | 是啊 我不但看不到谈判的过程 |
[03:06] | I get to file the patent. | 还得申请专利 |
[03:07] | Yeah, those suck. | 是啊 真悲剧 |
[03:11] | Wait, you– You’ve done one of these before? | 等等 你以前做过专利申请吗 |
[03:14] | Like 100. Why? | 有上百次了 怎么了 |
[03:24] | Now. | 说吧 |
[03:26] | It’s okay, you don’t have to apologize. | 没事 你不用道歉 |
[03:27] | I took care of it. | 我搞定了 |
[03:29] | Patent claim. | 那个专利申请 |
[03:31] | I negotiated a deal to get it done. | 我做了个交易就搞定了 |
[03:33] | What are you talking about? | 你说什么呢 |
[03:34] | Gregory. He agreed to file it for me. | 格雷戈里 他答应帮我申请 |
[03:38] | Ah. That explains why he said to give you this. | 难怪他让我把这个给你 |
[03:43] | And why he called you a sucker. | 还叫你蠢蛋 |
[03:46] | He called me a what? | 他叫我什么 |
[03:50] | Mike Ross, allow me to introduce the Bainbridge briefs. | 迈克·罗斯 请允许我向你介绍班布里奇一案 |
[03:55] | – Which stack? – All of them. | -哪一摞 -全部都是 |
[03:58] | Wait a minute, are these all– | 等等 这些都是… |
[03:59] | Still printing, yeah. I’d give it about a half hour. | 还在打印呢 还要半个小时吧 |
[04:03] | That’s six printers, 23 pages a minute, 30 minutes. | 6台打印机 每分钟打印23页 共30分钟 |
[04:05] | – That’s 4,140 pages. -Plus all this. | -总共有4140页 -再加上这些 |
[04:09] | Which means the next time you negotiate a deal, | 所以说下次做交易的时候 |
[04:11] | I would suggest to get your facts straight. | 我建议你先搞清楚状况 |
[04:14] | I am a sucker. | 我真是个蠢蛋 |
[04:19] | When did that happen? | 什么时候变蠢的 |
[04:55] | Nice of you to join us this morning. | 你早上能过来真好 |
[04:57] | For your information, Mr. Sunshine, | 向你报告 阳光先生 |
[05:00] | That belongs to– Okay. | 这杯是… 好吧 |
[05:02] | Where’s my confirmation? | 我要的确认书呢 |
[05:04] | What? | 什么 |
[05:05] | The fact that you don’t know already concerns me. | 你竟然忘了 我很担心 |
[05:07] | Oh, you mean the patent thing? | 你指专利申请吗 |
[05:09] | “The patent thing” is the only piece of paper | 就因为没有专利申请的那张纸 |
[05:11] | that’s holding up our deal from yesterday. | 昨天的交易被耽搁了 |
[05:14] | Where is it? | 那张纸在哪里 |
[05:15] | It’s on my desk. | 在我桌上 |
[05:16] | Well, if it’s not on mine by the time I get back, | 我回来的时候要是还没放到我桌上 |
[05:18] | I’m gonna feed you to Louis. | 我就把你交给路易处理 |
[05:21] | No problem. | 没问题 |
[05:29] | Please tell me that you filed that– | 你已经提交了… |
[05:31] | Patent? No, not yet. | 专利申请吗 还没有 |
[05:33] | I gave it to you yesterday. | 我昨天就给你了 |
[05:34] | At the same time I gave you my Bainbridge briefs, | 我昨天也把班布里奇案的摘要给你了 |
[05:36] | which you haven’t finished. | 你不也没做完嘛 |
[05:37] | I was here all night, and I barely got through half. | 我熬了一整晚 也只看完了一半 |
[05:39] | And I was on hold for almost 11 minutes | 我也纠结了11分钟 |
[05:41] | before I gave up on your patent, | 才放弃了你的专利申请 |
[05:42] | so what’s your point? | 你想说什么 |
[05:43] | I swear I will finish those filings, | 我保证我会看完那些摘要 |
[05:44] | but you have to give me this patent confirmation | 但在哈维回来之前 |
[05:46] | before Harvey gets back. | 你一定要把确认书给我 |
[05:47] | Sorry, golden boy. Deal’s a deal. | 抱歉了 金童 我们有言在先 |
[06:07] | What do you think you’re doing? | 你在做什么呢 |
[06:13] | – Is there a problem? – Yeah, there is. | -有问题吗 -有 |
[06:15] | That’s Gregory’s responsibility, why are you handling it? | 那是格雷戈里的事 为什么你在做 |
[06:17] | Oh, I…volunteered. | 我自愿帮忙的 |
[06:21] | He didn’t pawn it off on you? | 不是他推给你的吗 |
[06:23] | No. No. | 不 不是 |
[06:24] | I mean, he didn’t even want me to do it, | 我是说 他没想让我帮忙 |
[06:27] | but you know, I-I-I had some extra time. | 但是我正好有点空 |
[06:30] | So I insisted. | 所以我坚持要帮他 |
[06:38] | Congratulations. | 恭喜你 |
[06:40] | You’ve shown loyalty to your fellow associates. | 你表现了对同事的忠诚 |
[06:42] | I know Gregory tricked you into doing his work. | 我知道是格雷戈里下套让你做的 |
[06:45] | I wanted to see how you react when pressed about it. | 我只是想看你被逼问时会作何反应 |
[06:47] | You held up. | 你顶住了 |
[06:49] | I respect that. | 我很欣赏你那点 |
[06:51] | Thanks? | 谢谢 |
[06:52] | See, but I don’t understand something now. | 但我不明白的是 |
[06:53] | If you didn’t know how to file a patent, | 既然你不知道怎么申请专利 |
[06:55] | then why didn’t you just run to Harvey? | 为什么不去问哈维 |
[06:58] | He was busy. | 他很忙 |
[07:00] | But you see, Mike, | 知道吗 迈克 |
[07:01] | that’s why you come to see me. | 这就是为什么让你有事来找我 |
[07:06] | Look, Mike, I know… I can come across a bit… | 迈克 我知道有时候我有点… |
[07:12] | prickly. | 刺头 |
[07:14] | But we’re a team here. | 但我们是个团队 |
[07:16] | That means I’m here to help. | 我过来是为了帮你 |
[07:21] | Okay, all right. | 好 行啊 |
[07:23] | So can you help me now? | 那你现在能帮我吗 |
[07:27] | I already have. | 我说到做到 |
[07:31] | Are– | 这… |
[07:32] | Thank you, Louis. | 谢谢你 路易 |
[07:40] | Donna, blue is your color. | 唐娜 蓝色真配你 |
[07:43] | Is Harvey back? | 哈维回来了吗 |
[07:44] | No. | 没有 |
[07:45] | Can I put this on his desk? | 我可以把这个放在他桌上吗 |
[07:47] | Yes. | 可以 |
[07:48] | Will you tell him I put it there hours ago? | 你能告诉他我很早就放过去了吗 |
[07:52] | What time you want me to say? | 你想让我说几点 |
[07:54] | – 11 a.m.? – Absolutely. | -上午十一点行吗 -没问题 |
[07:58] | And then maybe I can use my access to his bank accounts | 那说不定我还可以用他的银行账户 |
[08:00] | to buy myself a house in the Hamptons. | 在汉普顿给自己买栋别墅呢 |
[08:03] | – 2:15? – No. | -两点一刻呢 -没门 |
[08:14] | You wanted to see me? | 你找我吗 |
[08:19] | Sit down. | 先坐下 |
[08:35] | Spectacular. | 非常出色 |
[08:39] | You caught the discrepancies between listed assets and potential assets. | 你发现了上市资产和潜在资产间的不符之处 |
[08:42] | That had a huge impact, Mike. | 迈克 这之间差距可不小 |
[08:43] | Yeah, I know. Millions. | 是 我知道 差上百万 |
[08:45] | But anyone would’ve caught that, right? | 不过谁都能发现那个问题 对吧 |
[08:48] | Um, out of the 50 associates that are under purview, | 我们这里的五十个助理 |
[08:50] | not one of them would’ve caught that. | 没有一人发现得了那个问题 |
[08:52] | You just have this eye for detail, Mike. | 迈克 你对细节观察入微 |
[08:53] | I mean, no wonder Harvey’s so crazy about you. | 难怪哈维这么器重你 |
[08:55] | It’s amazing. I mean, I really, | 你很厉害 说真的 |
[08:56] | really, seriously appreciate that. | 我非常欣赏这一点 |
[08:58] | Hey, thank you, Louis. | 谢谢你 路易 |
[09:02] | That’s nice. | 你客气了 |
[09:03] | You know that I pick a… | 你知道的吧 |
[09:05] | pony out of the herd every year, don’t you? | 我每年都会从马群里挑出一匹良驹 |
[09:07] | – A pony? – Oh, yeah. | -良驹 -是的 |
[09:09] | Someone who shows potential. | 就是有潜力的人 |
[09:11] | Stamp my own little brand on him. | 将其纳入我的麾下 |
[09:14] | Are you that pony, Mike? | 迈克 你会是那匹良驹吗 |
[09:21] | I…work for Harvey. | 我…是为哈维工作的 |
[09:24] | As you should. | 那是应该的 |
[09:25] | Good. | 那就好 |
[09:26] | Well, listen, I have some work to get to. | 我现在手头还有工作要做 |
[09:28] | So maybe we can meet for lunch tomorrow at the club. | 明天我们可以在俱乐部一起吃个午饭 |
[09:31] | – 1 p.m.? -Uh, you know, tomorrow… | -一点怎么样 -明天可能… |
[09:33] | I know I just posed that as a question, | 我虽然用的是问句 |
[09:34] | but I really didn’t mean it that way. | 但其实我没想征求你的意见 |
[09:44] | Hey, what’s up? | 有事吗 |
[09:45] | We just heard from Wyatt. | 我刚从怀亚特那里得到消息 |
[09:47] | He got a response from the patent office. | 他从专利局收到了回复 |
[09:50] | And? | 然后呢 |
[09:52] | It’s been denied. | 申请没有通过 |
[09:53] | What? | 什么 |
[09:54] | Evidently, there was a similar claim. | 很显然 有人申请了相似的专利 |
[09:56] | Wait, what do you mean? | 等等 这什么意思 |
[09:57] | Somebody beat us to it? | 有人抢在我们前面了吗 |
[09:58] | No, someone beat you to it. | 不 是抢在你前面了 |
[10:00] | They filed less than 24 hours ago, | 他们只比你早申请不到24小时 |
[10:03] | which means you filed a day later than you said you would. | 也就是说你的专利申请迟交了一天 |
[10:05] | I tried to tell you that I didn’t know how to do that. | 我跟你说了 我不会填申请 |
[10:07] | And I told you to figure it out. | 我也跟你说了 自己去想办法 |
[10:09] | And I did, and it got filed. | 我想了呀 而且申请也交上去了 |
[10:10] | After you lied and said you’d already followed through. | 那是在你谎称已经完成以后的事了 |
[10:16] | Okay, what’s gonna happen now? | 那现在怎么办 |
[10:19] | I suggest you get on the phone, | 我建议你现在拿起电话 |
[10:21] | call the patent office, and find out who beat us to it. | 打给专利局 搞清楚是谁抢了先 |
[10:23] | Then you’re gonna have Donna find any judge who will listen, | 然后让唐娜找个愿意听我们解释的法官 |
[10:26] | so we can get an injunction, | 这样我们就能申请强制令 |
[10:27] | and stop whoever it is from launching their product first. | 阻止对方抢先把产品投放到市场 |
[10:30] | Okay, got it. | 好 明白了 |
[10:31] | Now I’ve gotta call Wyatt and calm him down. | 我现在要打给怀亚特 稳定他的情绪 |
[10:32] | You think that’s gonna be a walk in the park? | 肯定不止在公园散散步那么简单 |
[10:36] | Hey, Harvey… | 哈维 |
[10:39] | Did you tell him it was me? | 你有没有告诉他是我搞砸的 |
[10:42] | Why would I do that? I’m responsible for you. | 为什么要告诉他 我要为你的行为负责 |
[10:44] | It was me. | 搞砸的人是我 |
[11:07] | They signed the paperwork, Wyatt. | 怀亚特 他们已经签了文件 |
[11:09] | They can’t pull out. | 不可能撤回了 |
[11:11] | The patent dispute is not an issue, okay? | 好了 专利之争不是重点 |
[11:13] | No, they cut the check. End of story. | 不 他们已经写好支票了 就这么简单 |
[11:16] | I’m in court right now, let me call you back. | 我要上法庭了 一会再打给你 |
[11:20] | So it’s Velocity Data Solutions. | 抢注专利的是极速数据处理公司 |
[11:22] | Did you serve them with notice of the hearing? | 你通知他们参加审讯了吗 |
[11:23] | They are a billion dollar company. | 他们公司市值有数十亿美元 |
[11:25] | The bigger they are, the harder they fall. | 公司越大 输得越惨 |
[11:30] | Did you not see the sign outside? | 你没看见庭外的告示吗 |
[11:32] | I’m just putting it away, your honor. | 我现在就放好 法官大人 |
[11:33] | It should already be in your pocket. | 手机早该放进口袋了 |
[11:35] | But you were already running late, so perhaps that’s why it wasn’t. | 不过这也许解释了你为何会迟到 |
[11:39] | Let the records show that the counsel is fined $1,000 | 请记录 控方律师因违反上庭条例 |
[11:41] | for failing to follow the posted rules of the court. | 罚款一千美元 |
[11:43] | Your honor, I didn’t mean– | 法官大人 我不是故意… |
[11:44] | – And for mouthing off. – Mouthing off? | -外加顶嘴 -顶嘴 |
[11:47] | Another outburst like that, and you will be escorted out. | 再多说一句废话 我就把你赶出法庭 |
[11:56] | Mr. Salinger? | 萨林格先生 |
[11:57] | Your honor, this is a waste of your time. | 法官大人 这是在浪费您的宝贵时间 |
[11:59] | The U.S. Patent office is the only judicial body | 美国专利局才是解决这种争端的 |
[12:02] | that should be handling this dispute. | 唯一法定机构 |
[12:04] | Velocity Data Solutions requests dismissal. | 极速数据处理公司要求驳回上诉 |
[12:08] | Your honor. If I may? | 法官大人 我能发言吗 |
[12:12] | This injunction request– | 这份强制令申请书指明了… |
[12:13] | Counsel approach. | 律师上前 |
[12:23] | That’s the exhibit filing? | 这是要提交的证据吗 |
[12:26] | Why wasn’t I given a courtesy copy? | 我怎么连份像样的副本都没收到 |
[12:28] | Given the expedited nature of this hearing, I– | 因为这次审讯的准备时间仓促 |
[12:30] | Hand it to me. Hand it to me. | 给我 递给我 |
[12:39] | And I would’ve assumed that a lawyer appearing before a judge would come on time, | 在我看来 律师应该比法官早到庭 |
[12:44] | with his mouth shut, and prepared with a courtesy brief. | 另外还要微言慎行 准备好副本 |
[12:49] | – My apologies. – Request denied. | -我深表歉意 -驳回上诉 |
[12:52] | Court adjourned for morning. | 休庭 |
[12:55] | Better luck next time, Harvey. | 祝你下次好运 哈维 |
[13:00] | From now on, I want him when I go against you. | 从现在起 和你打官司 我就找这个法官 |
[13:07] | Wait here. | 在这等着 |
[13:13] | – Your honor, I have– – Send him in. | -法官大人 -让他进来 |
[13:25] | Counselor? | 有事吗 律师 |
[13:27] | You asked to see me. | 你要求见我 |
[13:29] | You must have something to say. | 应该有话对我说吧 |
[13:31] | Excluding friends, associates, | 除了我的朋友 助理 |
[13:33] | and the clients that I represent, | 和委托人 |
[13:34] | there are very few people that I’m on a first name basis with. | 很少有人和我的交情好到直呼名字的地步 |
[13:37] | And I’ve never had anyone, | 我也从没碰到过 |
[13:40] | let alone a judge I’ve never met, | 任何一个我从未见过的法官 |
[13:42] | address me as Harvey in open court. | 在法庭上直呼我为哈维 |
[13:45] | But if you’re gonna screw me, | 但你要是想存心整我 |
[13:46] | I guess it’s only fair that you call me by name. | 那你对我直呼姓名就不奇怪了 |
[13:49] | I could have you brought up on review | 依你刚才对我说话的态度 |
[13:51] | for talking to me like that. | 我可以让你去接受复审 |
[13:52] | Then we can get it all on record. | 那样我们就可以把谈话内容记录在案了 |
[13:54] | Get what? | 什么内容 |
[13:55] | Whatever it is that you seem to have against me for no apparent reason. | 你无故针对我的原因 |
[13:59] | I have a solid argument | 我的证据充足 |
[14:00] | for any reasonable judge to grant my injunction. | 任何讲理的法官都会批准我的强制令 |
[14:03] | So solid it begs the question, | 这就让我不禁想问 |
[14:04] | why do you have it in for me? | 你为何要针对我 |
[14:06] | And I don’t even know your first name. | 我却连你的名字都不知道 |
[14:08] | Really? | 真的吗 |
[14:10] | – My wife never mentioned it? – Your wife? | -我老婆没提起过吗 -你老婆 |
[14:12] | The woman you had an affair with last month? | 上个月和你偷情的那个 |
[14:21] | Wait, what happened in there? | 等等 你在里面干了什么 |
[14:22] | Donna, the address for that fundraiser at the gallery last month, | 唐娜 给我找出上个月搞慈善的那个画廊地址 |
[14:25] | I need you to text it to me, and clear my afternoon. | 发到我手机上 并推掉我下午的日程 |
[14:29] | Hey, where are we going? | 我们这是去哪里 |
[14:31] | You’re going back to the office to file | 你马上回办公室去 |
[14:33] | an interference claim with the patent office. | 向专利局递交一份抵触声明 |
[14:35] | Okay. Wait, what’s that? | 好的 慢着 那是什么 |
[14:37] | It’s how they determine who wins these situations. | 他们用来认定谁拿到专利权的依据 |
[14:39] | It’s not always who filed first, | 并不是谁申请得早 谁就赢 |
[14:41] | so we have a chance. | 所以我们还有机会 |
[14:41] | So why didn’t we do that in the first place? | 那为什么不一开始就这样做呢 |
[14:43] | Because it takes longer, | 因为那得等很长时间 |
[14:44] | and I wanted to head velocity off at the pass. | 而我想在这种问题上 速战速决 |
[14:46] | Hey, where you going? | 你要去哪里啊 |
[14:48] | To iron out a wrinkle. | 摆平麻烦 |
[14:55] | If you’re really interested, come back tomorrow around 1:00. | 如果你真的感兴趣 就明天一点左右过来 |
[14:58] | The afternoon light really makes this canvas come alive. | 午后的阳光会让这幅油画变得栩栩如生 |
[15:01] | Pardon me. | 打扰一下 |
[15:02] | I was wondering, would I get a discount for being the guy | 作为你外遇的对象 |
[15:04] | you cheated on your husband with? | 这幅画能给我打个折吗 |
[15:08] | Can you excuse me for a second? | 失陪一下 |
[15:12] | What are you doing here? | 你过来干什么 |
[15:14] | I had a hearing in front of the judge this morning, | 今早的审讯 我碰到了个法官 |
[15:16] | it didn’t go very well. | 处处针对我 |
[15:17] | – Why did you lie to him? – I’m sorry. | -你为什么跟他说谎 -你说什么 |
[15:20] | I mean, I recall you being tipsy that night, | 你那天晚上是有点醉 |
[15:22] | but I’m finding it hard to believe that your memory is so cloudy, | 但我不相信 你的记忆会模糊到 |
[15:25] | you forgot I sent you home in a cab. | 忘记我叫车送你回家了 |
[15:27] | After humiliating me. | 那是在你羞辱了我之后 |
[15:28] | I was the perfect gentleman. | 我可绅士了 |
[15:29] | Yes, exactly. | 是啊 没错 |
[15:31] | I fall all over myself making a pass, | 我使出浑身解数勾引你 |
[15:33] | and you do the right thing and send me home. | 你却无动于衷 叫车送我回家 |
[15:35] | I’m sorry you felt humiliated, | 抱歉这让你蒙羞了 |
[15:37] | but I told you, I don’t sleep with married women. | 但我说过 我不和已婚女士上床 |
[15:39] | Right. The moral code. | 是啊 严守道德准则 |
[15:42] | No. It’s too big of a pain in the ass | 不 是因为这会后患无穷 |
[15:44] | as evidenced by my experience in court this morning. | 今早的审讯就是最好的例证 |
[15:46] | What do you want from me, Harvey. | 你要我怎样 哈维 |
[15:48] | I need you to tell him the truth. | 我要你跟他说实话 |
[15:50] | – I can’t. – Yes, you can. | -我不能 -你能 |
[15:51] | Why didn’t you just tell him? | 你为什么不自己告诉他 |
[15:52] | He’s never gonna believe me. | 他才不会信我 |
[15:53] | And what makes you think he’ll believe me? | 那他凭什么会相信我 |
[15:58] | Because he’d want to. | 因为他愿意相信你 |
[16:02] | Our whole marriage, | 在我们的婚姻里 |
[16:04] | Donald’s only cared about one thing. | 唐纳德只在乎一件事 |
[16:05] | His sterling reputation. | 就是他至高无上的名誉 |
[16:08] | Never overturned. | 这点从未改变过 |
[16:11] | I was… When he found out you and I had… | 所以我… 当他发现你和我有… |
[16:15] | He changed. | 他变了 |
[16:18] | He looked at me for the first time again. | 他又开始正视我了 |
[16:20] | Like I mattered. | 很关心的样子 |
[16:23] | I’m sorry. I can’t tell him. | 对不起 我不会告诉他的 |
[16:31] | No, this is a request from the applicant for– | 不 这是申请人所提出的要求 |
[16:34] | Yes, but I have up to a year before you– | 我知道 但最多不能超过一年 |
[16:37] | – Hello– No, I can’t hold… – You ready? | -不 我等不了… -可以走了吗 |
[16:40] | I can’t go to the club, | 我去不成俱乐部了 |
[16:41] | I have to do this for Harvey. | 我得帮哈维把这事处理好 |
[16:42] | Yes, the person before you said | 没错 你之前那人说了 |
[16:44] | that I had to file the blue form– | 让我填写蓝色的表格 |
[16:44] | No, no, no, no. We have a court reserved | 停 停 停 场地已经预定好了 |
[16:46] | in 30 minutes, we have to go now. | 定在30分钟之后 我们现在就得走 |
[16:47] | Yes, I’m trying to file the oral hearing. | 是的 我一直在申请口头审理 |
[16:49] | But what you people keep doing is trans– Hello? | 但你们一直在… 喂 |
[16:51] | Hello? | 喂 |
[16:56] | You work for me, too. | 你也是我的手下 |
[16:58] | And that means when Harvey is not here, | 所以哈维不在的时候 |
[17:00] | you gotta listen to what I say, Mike. | 你就得听我的 迈克 |
[17:02] | Louis, this claim needs to be filed today. | 路易 我今天必须把这份声明提交上去 |
[17:04] | Harvey’s orders. | 这是哈维的命令 |
[17:06] | In that case… Gregory! | 既然如此 格雷戈里 |
[17:08] | I’m on your side, remember? | 我和你一帮的 没忘吧 |
[17:10] | – Watch this. – Yes? | -看好了 -在 |
[17:12] | Hi. Patent interference claim… | 专利抵触声明 |
[17:13] | Can you have it filed before we get back? | 你能在我们回来之前提交吗 |
[17:15] | Cool? Thanks. Let’s go. | 没问题吧 谢了 我们走 |
[17:18] | What’s with the…? | 这动作是什么… |
[17:39] | Who’s winning? | 谁领先 |
[17:42] | – You need to warm up? – No, I’m good. | -你要热身吗 -不用了 |
[17:44] | You serve first. | 你先发球 |
[17:45] | Come on, show me what you got. | 来吧 让我见识下你的实力 |
[17:47] | 15-love. | 15比0 |
[17:49] | All right, you wanna play like that? | 玩认真的是吧 |
[17:50] | Let’s do this thing. Come on. | 我乐意奉陪 来吧 |
[17:59] | Wait, wait. | 慢点 慢点 |
[18:05] | Hey, Tom. | 来啦 汤姆 |
[18:07] | Game. | 结束 |
[18:10] | I mean, I have seen your approach shot, man. | 我见识过你的压线球 |
[18:12] | You have really improved. I’m not kidding. | 你水平大有提升啊 说真的 |
[18:13] | You know, maybe you can play now, | 我们现在就来一局吧 |
[18:14] | me and my associate were just starting up. | 我和我助理刚开始打 |
[18:16] | How about you two against me, | 你们俩二打一怎么样 |
[18:17] | I’ll just play– | 我一人… |
[18:18] | Tom, seriously, I’ll even– | 汤姆 说真的 我可以… |
[18:20] | I’ll spot you three sets. | 我可以让你三局 |
[18:22] | All right, I’ll see you later then. | 好吧 那过会见 |
[18:25] | Isn’t that, uh…? | 他是不是… |
[18:26] | It’s Tom Keller. | 汤姆·凯勒 |
[18:27] | Yeah, the premiere Fantasy Sports guy, right? | 就是《梦幻体育》的创始人吗 |
[18:30] | That’s him. | 没错 就是他 |
[18:31] | Yeah, I play it ever a year. | 我过去一年常玩这游戏 |
[18:32] | Yeah, you and five million | 是啊 何止是你 |
[18:33] | other Fantasy Footballers. | 那游戏玩家超过五百万 |
[18:35] | I mean, the guy generates 200 million per annum, right? | 这家伙每年能赚两亿 对吧 |
[18:38] | And he still uses his fraternity brother as a general counsel. | 却还雇他兄弟会的哥们当法律顾问 |
[18:41] | I mean, someone with that many assets just makes me sick. | 这种家财万贯的人 看了就觉得恶心 |
[18:44] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[18:45] | So is it my serve? | 轮到我发球了吧 |
[18:46] | Let’s hit the showers. | 该冲澡了 |
[18:49] | But, wait… | 但是… |
[18:51] | Sorry, sir, but– | 抱歉 先生 但… |
[18:52] | No introductions necessary, | 不用介绍了 |
[18:54] | we’re on a first name basis. | 我们熟到都可以直呼对方大名了 |
[18:56] | I brought you a present. | 我给你带了份礼物 |
[18:57] | Yours to keep, after you sign my injunction. | 签了这份强制令 它就归你了 |
[18:59] | – A pen. – It’s custom. | -就一支笔 -是专门订制的 |
[19:01] | French. Le bic. | 法国制造 利比克牌 |
[19:03] | Oh, my earlier ruling wasn’t clear enough for you? | 我之前的裁决你没听清吗 |
[19:05] | Crystal, but I didn’t want you to suffer for it. | 相当清楚 但我不想让你为此麻烦缠身 |
[19:08] | You see, if you don’t sign my injunction, | 要知道 要是你不签了这份强制令 |
[19:10] | there’s gonna be a lawsuit. | 我就会起诉你 |
[19:12] | And when the next judge sees all the facts, | 等下一位法官调查清楚后 |
[19:14] | he’s gonna overturn your ruling. | 就会撤销你的裁决 |
[19:16] | You may be right. | 你也许说得对 |
[19:17] | But by then your clients will have dumped you. | 但到时候你的委托人已经炒你鱿鱼了 |
[19:19] | You may be right, | 你也可能说得没错 |
[19:20] | but that sterling reputation that you value so highly… | 但到时你视之如命的名誉 |
[19:23] | down the tubes. | 就会一落千丈 |
[19:24] | Which would matter, except for one thing. | 换做从前 这话也许能威胁到我 |
[19:26] | I’ve decided to leave the bench. | 但现在我已决定辞职了 |
[19:29] | Try my hand at litigation. | 想改行做律师 |
[19:32] | And I’m your last case. | 这是你审理的最后一案 |
[19:34] | Divorce will do that. Make you wanna change your life. | 离婚就是这样 让人想改头换面 |
[19:37] | – You filed for divorce? – Soon enough. | -你已经提出离婚了吗 -快了吧 |
[19:41] | Perhaps we could discuss | 不过在此之前 |
[19:43] | a little quid pro quo before I do. | 我们可以谈谈条件 |
[19:47] | I’m listening. | 洗耳恭听 |
[19:48] | You sign a document that says you slept with my wife. | 只要你白纸黑字写清楚和我老婆上过床 |
[19:51] | I’ll give you your injunction. | 我就批准你的强制令 |
[19:53] | And why would you want me to do that? | 你为什么要我那样做 |
[19:54] | To prevent her from taking me for half of everything I own. | 以免她分走我一半的财产 |
[19:58] | So what you’re saying is you’d like to blackmail me. | 所以说 你是想勒索我 |
[20:01] | I’m saying we could both benefit. | 我是说 我们可以双赢 |
[20:04] | And since you’re the one who screwed me, | 另外 既然是你毁我在先 |
[20:06] | I’d say you owe me one. | 这是你欠我的 |
[20:18] | Harvey specter. | 哈维·斯佩克特 |
[20:19] | What are you hiding from me, Harvey? | 你有什么瞒着我吗 哈维 |
[20:20] | Wyatt, do you remember six months ago when you got all nervous | 怀亚特 还记不记得六个月前你紧张得要命 |
[20:23] | and you thought everything was falling apart? | 觉得一切都没戏了 |
[20:25] | Yeah, yeah. But this is a little different. | 记得 但这次不一样 |
[20:26] | That’s what you said then. | 当时你也这样说 |
[20:27] | And a year ago, and 18 months ago. | 1年前和18个月前你也是这么说的 |
[20:30] | And we agreed that when this happens again, | 我们不是说好 要是你再那么想 |
[20:32] | I’ll remind you of those times | 我会提醒你之前都是瞎操心 |
[20:34] | – and I’ll hang up. – Okay, Harvey– | -我要挂了 -好吧 哈维 |
[20:36] | Trust me, it’s for your own good. | 相信我 这是为了你好 |
[20:37] | Harvey, please don’t hang up– | 哈维 别挂电话 |
[20:46] | Hey, Tom. You just missed a great game. | 汤姆 你刚错过了一场精彩的比赛 |
[20:48] | We were, uh… We were just re– | 我们…我们刚才… |
[20:49] | I was beating him. | 我打了他个落花流水 |
[20:55] | You know, ten years ago, | 你知道吗 十年前 |
[20:56] | before these dot-com millionaires, | 在这些靠网络起家的百万富翁出现之前 |
[20:59] | there were men of substance in this club. | 这个俱乐部里可都是名副其实的富贾 |
[21:00] | You know, men who understood how business gets done. | 他们真正懂得如何经商 |
[21:04] | Well, maybe he’s just not interested in | 也许他只是不喜欢 |
[21:05] | talking business while he’s in a towel. | 围着浴巾谈生意 |
[21:07] | Like, he’s not interested because he doesn’t think I’m cool. | 他之所以不想谈 是因为觉得我不够酷 |
[21:10] | And he’s a pothead | 他是个瘾君子 |
[21:11] | who thinks that anybody who doesn’t smoke is a nerd. | 所以觉得不吸毒的人都是土老帽 |
[21:14] | I mean… | 我是说… |
[21:16] | So I treat my body like a temple. | 我像敬神一样珍惜身体 |
[21:17] | Does that make me uncool? I don’t think so. | 那样就不够酷吗 我可不这么想 |
[21:21] | No. | 不 |
[21:24] | But on the other hand… | 但从另一方面来看 |
[21:25] | You kinda seem his type. | 你似乎和他很搭调 |
[21:28] | – Why do you say that? – Because you’re young. | -为什么那么说 -因为你年轻 |
[21:30] | And you think of yourself as…hip. | 而且你认为自己很时髦 |
[21:34] | Whatever, I guess. | 不管怎么说 |
[21:34] | You know, I’m sure you enjoyed the occasional bong hit. | 我觉得你偶尔抽上几口肯定很享受 |
[21:40] | No. No, I don’t smoke. | 不 我不抽大麻 |
[21:45] | I mean, that’s just a little strange. | 这就有点奇怪了 |
[21:47] | Why is it strange? | 哪里奇怪 |
[21:48] | I mean, because the drug test that you took– | 因为你上次做的那次药检结果… |
[21:50] | Well, that I made you take– | 就是我逼你去做的那次 |
[21:51] | would indicate otherwise. | 和你的说法不符 |
[22:03] | You’re not gonna dispute it now, are you? | 证据摆在眼前 没什么好狡辩的了吧 |
[22:06] | Relax, Mike. | 放轻松 麦克 |
[22:08] | Relax. | 放轻松 |
[22:09] | I’m not offended. | 我不生气 |
[22:11] | I’m not even surprised. | 我甚至都不觉得吃惊 |
[22:12] | And in fact, in this instance, | 事实上 在这个案子中 |
[22:14] | we can use this to our advantage. | 我们还能利用你吸毒这点 |
[22:15] | What are you talking about, Louis? | 你这是什么意思 路易 |
[22:16] | I’m just saying, you know, back in the day, | 我只是说 你知道 在过去 |
[22:18] | to woo a client you would take him to dinner, | 要想赢得客户 你可以请他吃饭 |
[22:21] | you would buy him a drink. | 请他喝酒 |
[22:22] | But that’s not gonna work with Tom. | 但是那些对汤姆都不管用 |
[22:23] | Not in a million years. Not with me, anyway. | 永远没戏 反正跟我是肯定不行 |
[22:25] | But with someone of his generation | 但是和一个与他年龄相当 |
[22:27] | who shares the same proclivities? | 有共同喜好的人呢 |
[22:29] | You saying you want me to smoke pot with him? | 你是说想让我和他一起吸大麻 |
[22:31] | I’m saying you can help me land him as a client. | 我是说你可以帮我拿下这个客户 |
[22:36] | That’s the only reason I’m here, isn’t it? | 你就是为了这事才叫我过来的吧 |
[22:38] | No, Mike. Stop. | 不 麦克 别这样 |
[22:39] | Just stop, okay? | 别胡思乱想 好吗 |
[22:40] | I assure you, no one was more disappointed than me | 我向你保证 当我看到你的药检结果时 |
[22:43] | when I found out the results of your drug test, okay? | 我比任何人都失望 明白吗 |
[22:46] | Then I had to say to myself, | 我还不得不告诉自己 |
[22:47] | “Louis, do what you do, make lemonade.” | “路易 发挥你的特长 化腐朽为神奇” |
[22:51] | And if I don’t? | 如果我不同意呢 |
[22:54] | You’re a smart kid. | 你是个聪明孩子 |
[22:57] | And I really wanna see you succeed. | 我也真心想看到你出人头地 |
[23:08] | Ball’s in your court. | 自己把握吧 |
[23:12] | Hey, Tom, I was just gonna tell you, I wanted to– | 汤姆 我正打算告诉你 我想… |
[23:16] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[23:22] | Dude creeps me out, man. | 他真吓人 兄弟 |
[23:23] | And he never wears a towel, ever. | 而且他从来不围浴巾 从来不围 |
[23:25] | Yeah, tell me about it. | 没错 可不是嘛 |
[23:31] | Hey, I know you must hear this all the time, | 我知道你一定经常听别人这么说 |
[23:33] | but totally addicted to your website, man. | 我真的喜欢你的网游 哥们 |
[23:36] | All right, who placed sixth in passing yards last year? | 那么去年的传球码数 谁排第六 |
[23:40] | Carson Palmer. | 卡森·帕默 |
[23:41] | 3,970. | 共3970码 |
[23:43] | How many sacks did James Hall have? | 詹姆斯·霍尔几次擒杀四分卫 |
[23:45] | 11? | 11次 |
[23:46] | Ten and a half. | 10次半 |
[23:48] | Yeah, I know, I rounded up. | 我知道 我四舍五入了 |
[23:49] | Well, your league doesn’t or I would’ve come in better than 20th. | 游戏里可不是那么算的 否则我就进前20了 |
[23:55] | You’r Ross’s raiders, right? | 你是”罗斯的入侵者” 对吗 |
[23:58] | Yeah, Mike Ross. | 对 我叫迈克·罗斯 |
[23:59] | – Tom Keller. – Good to meet you. | -我是汤姆·凯勒 -很高兴见到你 |
[24:01] | Congratulations, man, you got a nice little team there. | 恭喜你 兄弟 你有个很棒的队伍 |
[24:03] | Yeah. | 一般 |
[24:04] | No, if Roethlisberger hadn’t let you down, | 不 如果罗兹力斯伯格没让你失望的话 |
[24:06] | you’d have been top ten for sure, I’m telling you. | 你肯定能进前十 肯定能 |
[24:07] | Yeah, well, that’s what happens | 如果上场前你抽高了 |
[24:08] | when you get high before the draft, right? | 就难免会失手 不是吗 |
[24:11] | You get high? | 你会抽吗 |
[24:50] | How’s it going with Harvey? | 跟哈维相处得怎么样 |
[24:54] | Me? | 我吗 |
[24:56] | Uh…It’s… You know, it’s good. | 那个…还不错 |
[24:59] | I’m learning. | 我在学习 |
[25:02] | A lot of learning. Bye. | 要学的真不少 再见 |
[25:39] | What’s black and white and gonna cost you dearly? | 什么白纸黑字会让你付出巨大代价 |
[25:45] | Took me all morning to file this, golden boy. | 我花了一个上午才写好 金童 |
[25:47] | You owe me and I won’t forget it. | 你欠我的 我不会忘记的 |
[25:49] | Oh, God! Thank you. | 天啊 谢谢你 |
[25:52] | You smell papery. | 你身上有纸的味道 |
[25:57] | Wyatt, it doesn’t happen immediately. | 怀亚特 不可能马上就好 |
[25:59] | The paperwork’s coming. | 书面文件很快就下来了 |
[26:01] | Don’t worry about it, okay? | 别担心好吗 |
[26:03] | There you go, look at that. | 行了 看看那个 |
[26:06] | Wyatt, let me call you back, okay? | 怀亚特 我一会回给你 好吗 |
[26:08] | Five minutes. Bye. | 五分钟后 再见 |
[26:11] | – What’s this? – What is this? | -这是什么 -这是什么 |
[26:13] | That’s confirmation of the interference claim | 这是抵触声明的确认书 |
[26:17] | What, you think you’re working in a fraternity? | 干嘛 你以为你在兄弟会工作吗 |
[26:19] | You don’t barge in here when I’m on the phone. | 我打电话的时候你不能这么闯进来 |
[26:22] | And why you so flushed? | 你为什么面红耳赤的 |
[26:24] | – Why am I so what? – Your face is red. | -我怎么了 -你的脸发红 |
[26:26] | It looks like you’ve been in the sun. | 好像经过暴晒似的 |
[26:28] | Yeah, I– | 是的 |
[26:30] | I– This morning, Louis took me to the tennis club. | 早上 路易带我去了网球俱乐部 |
[26:34] | He didn’t give you the speech about the, um, | 他没跟你谈那个关于… |
[26:37] | – the ponies, did he? – Oh, my God. | -马驹的问题吧 -我的天 |
[26:38] | How he likes to cut one from the herd. | 说他会从马群中千里挑一 |
[26:41] | The ponies. | 马驹 |
[26:42] | Was he wearing the headband? | 他戴着发带吗 |
[26:43] | You know about the headband? With the… | 你知道发带的事 还有… |
[26:45] | Oh, my God, are you kidding me with that guy? | 天啊 那家伙太让人无语了 |
[26:47] | Hey, if you guys were playing tennis all morning, | 如果你们一上午都在打网球 |
[26:49] | how’d you have time to file this? | 你怎么有时间提交确认书 |
[26:56] | He– It was this morning– | 他…今天早上 |
[26:58] | Actually, I was on the phone with them, | 实际上 我当时正和他们打着电话 |
[27:00] | – and Louis helped me– – Look at me. | -然后路易帮我… -看着我 |
[27:03] | And he did this snapping thing, and Gregory– | 他一打响指 然后格雷戈里… |
[27:05] | Look at me. | 看着我 |
[27:13] | You’re high. | 你抽高了 |
[27:17] | Get out. | 滚出去 |
[27:20] | Harvey, you don’t understand. Louis– | 哈维 你不了解 路易他… |
[27:22] | Out. | 滚 |
[27:37] | Donna? | 唐娜 |
[27:38] | Get Wyatt back on the line? | 再帮我接通怀亚特的电话 |
[27:58] | What are you doing in here? | 你在这里干什么 |
[28:00] | It’s the ladies room. | 这是女洗手间 |
[28:04] | I’m sorry. | 抱歉 |
[28:06] | Look, can you do me a favor? Can we– | 能帮我个忙吗 你能不能… |
[28:09] | Can we just keep this our little secret? | 能不能帮我保守这个秘密 |
[28:11] | Why are your eyes so red? | 你眼睛为什么这么红 |
[28:17] | I need some air. | 我需要点新鲜空气 |
[28:20] | You took Mike Ross on a field trip today? | 你今天带迈克·罗斯去实地考察了吗 |
[28:22] | – Yep. – Aside from subjecting him | -对 -除了让他围着浴巾 |
[28:24] | to you in a towel, what happened? | 听你指挥 你还做了什么 |
[28:26] | Well, I beat him in straight sets, if that’s what you’re get… | 我直落三盘获胜 你问的是这个… |
[28:28] | Don’t play dumb, Louis. Tell me what you did to him. | 别装傻充愣 路易 告诉我你把他怎么样了 |
[28:30] | What, are you jealous? | 怎么 你嫉妒了吗 |
[28:31] | Harvey, come on, the kid is starving for a mentor, | 哈维 别这样 那个孩子急缺导师 |
[28:33] | someone to give him some advice. | 缺一个可以给他建议的人 |
[28:34] | So maybe if you just took the time– | 也许如果你有时间… |
[28:35] | I’m telling you right now, you try to move in on him– | 我现在告诉你 你要是再试图靠近他 |
[28:37] | Harvey, where is this coming from? | 哈维 这话从何说起 |
[28:39] | Harvey, I’ve got the outside counsel for Velocity on the line. | 哈维 极速公司的外部法律顾问在线上等你 |
[28:42] | Put them through. | 接进来 |
[28:51] | What happened after you smoked with that guy? | 和那家伙吸完毒之后发生了什么 |
[28:53] | I just got paranoid. | 我变得很焦虑 |
[28:54] | I felt bad for lying to him, | 为对他撒谎而感到内疚 |
[28:58] | I told him that Louis put me up to it | 我告诉他是路易让我那么做的 |
[29:00] | and that he couldn’t trust him. | 让他不要相信路易 |
[29:01] | So what did he say? | 那他说了什么 |
[29:02] | He said that Louis gave him the creeps anyway. | 他说路易本来也让他觉得不舒服 |
[29:05] | You know, he’s never gonna hire him. | 他永远不会聘请他 |
[29:06] | Okay, you have to tell Harvey. | 你得告诉哈维 |
[29:09] | I tried, he wasn’t listening. | 我试了 但他不听 |
[29:11] | So then go home and tell him tomorrow. | 那就先回家 明天再告诉他 |
[29:13] | Oh, God, you should’ve seen his face. | 天啊 你真该看看他的脸色 |
[29:15] | – We had a deal. – What deal? | -我们说好的 -说好什么 |
[29:21] | Thanks for hearing me out. | 谢谢听我讲了那么多 |
[29:22] | No, what’re you talking about? | 你到底在说什么 |
[29:23] | – What deal? – It’s nothing. | -说好什么了 -没什么 |
[29:25] | I just promised that I wouldn’t… | 我保证过 不会… |
[29:28] | Do anything stupid and let him down, and I did. | 做任何傻事让他失望 但我却做了 |
[29:30] | Wait, you let him down? | 等等 你让他失望 |
[29:32] | No, the way I see it, he let you down. | 在我看来 是他让你失望 |
[29:35] | What? | 什么 |
[29:35] | He’s gotta know what Louis is capable of, | 他知道路易会对你做什么 |
[29:37] | so if he didn’t listen to what happened | 所以即使他真的不听你解释 |
[29:39] | it’s ’cause he didn’t want to. | 也只是因为他不想听 |
[29:40] | Mike, you need to tell him. | 迈克 你应该告诉他 |
[29:42] | I don’t know how often you come across Harvey, | 我不知道你有多了解哈维 |
[29:44] | but he’s not exactly the listening type. | 他绝不是个好的倾听对象 |
[29:47] | Right. | 好吧 |
[29:48] | But he’s also the first person that would tell you | 但他也是第一个告诉你 |
[29:50] | never to take no for an answer from anyone. | 永不言弃的人 |
[30:01] | Harvey, how you doing this fine day? | 哈维 今天过得怎么样 |
[30:04] | I’m ready to hear your settlement offer, George. | 正准备听你的条件呢 乔治 |
[30:07] | Cutting to the chase, I like that. | 直切主题 我喜欢 |
[30:08] | What’s the number? | 你准备给多少 |
[30:12] | Ten million. | 一千万 |
[30:14] | That’s half what we spent developing the prototype. | 那只是开发样机费用的一半 |
[30:17] | And ten million more than you’ll get, | 据目前的情况看来 |
[30:18] | the way the wind’s blowing. | 一千万不少了 |
[30:19] | Yeah, well, winds can change. | 情况有变 |
[30:21] | And you and I both know the injunction | 你我都知道 如果上诉的话 |
[30:22] | will get overturned on appeal. | 禁止令会被撤销 |
[30:24] | I don’t know anything of the kind. | 我怎么不知道有那回事 |
[30:25] | Then why are you calling with an offer at all? | 那你打过来干吗 |
[30:32] | 15, that’s as high as I’ll go. | 一千五百万 不能再多了 |
[30:34] | Okay, I’m hanging up now. | 好了 我要挂了 |
[30:35] | 20 million, that’s it. | 两千万 就这样 |
[30:37] | The offer’s good for 24 hours. | 24小时内有效 |
[30:39] | And I’m sure I don’t have to remind you | 我想不用提醒你 |
[30:40] | that you’re legally required to present this to your client. | 依法要把这消息告诉你的客户吧 |
[30:54] | Is he free? | 他有空吗 |
[30:55] | Not for you. | 他不会见你的 |
[30:57] | How much did he tell you? | 他告诉你什么了 |
[30:59] | He didn’t have to tell me, I read it on his face. | 他不必告诉我 他脸上都写着呢 |
[31:02] | You heard him. | 你也听到了 |
[31:03] | Maybe he did the same to me. | 也许他也做了对不起我的事 |
[31:09] | Get in there. | 去吧 |
[31:11] | And be careful. | 小心点 |
[31:18] | Harvey. | 哈维 |
[31:20] | We talked about this, right? Barging into my office. | 我跟你说过 别随便进我的办公室 |
[31:22] | I’m not leaving until you hear me out. | 你不听我解释 我就不走 |
[31:23] | – Wanna bet? – You owe it to me. | -想打赌吗 -你欠我的 |
[31:25] | – Oh, I owe it to you? – Yeah. | -我欠你的 -对 |
[31:27] | Look, this is not my fault, all right? | 这不是我的错 好吧 |
[31:29] | Louis made me do it. | 是路易逼我做的 |
[31:29] | Louis did, right. | 他逼你了 好吧 |
[31:31] | He put a gun to your head and made you smoke pot. | 他拿枪指着你 逼你抽大麻 |
[31:33] | Yeah, he did. He pulled out the drug test– | 对 他拿出药检报告 |
[31:35] | which I failed, by the way. | 我没通过 |
[31:36] | And then he told me that if I didn’t smoke pot | 然后他告诉我 如果我不抽大麻 |
[31:38] | to help him land this new client, that he’d fire me. | 帮他搞定新客户 他就要炒了我 |
[31:43] | Come on. | 拜托 |
[31:44] | It’s not so different than asking someone | 这和请人喝酒 |
[31:46] | – out for drinks, is it? – You and I had a deal. | -没什么区别吧 -我们说好的 |
[31:48] | I’m sorry. | 对不起 |
[31:49] | And if next time Louis asks you to do something | 如果下次路易让你做什么 |
[31:51] | that I told you not to do, what then? | 我不允许你做的事 怎么办 |
[31:54] | I told you that I did not have a choice. | 我说了我别无选择 |
[31:56] | Oh, because he had a gun to your head. | 因为他拿枪指着你 |
[31:57] | – Yes! – What are your choices if someone puts a gun to your head? | -对 -万一真的有人拿枪指着你呢 |
[32:00] | What are you talking about? You do what they say | 你想什么呢 当然是照他们说的做啊 |
[32:02] | – or they shoot you. – Wrong. | -不然就没命了 -错了 |
[32:03] | You take the gun, or you pull out a bigger one, | 你应该把枪夺走 或掏出把更大的枪 |
[32:05] | or you call their bluff. | 或是说他们虚张声势 |
[32:06] | Or you do any one of 146 other things. | 你还有很多选择 |
[32:10] | If you can’t think for yourself, | 如果你想不出 |
[32:11] | maybe you aren’t cut out for this. | 说明你不适合当律师 |
[32:12] | No, I can and I am. Look, I did what I had to do. | 我能想出来 我已经尽我所能了 |
[32:14] | I made the best out of a bad situation. | 我知道该怎么绝处逢生 |
[32:16] | Which is what I am good at. | 那是我的特长 |
[32:18] | Which is what you hired me to do in the first place. | 你就是因为看重我那点才雇佣了我 |
[32:19] | Yeah, I hired you and I expect your loyalty. | 对 我雇你的时候以为你会很忠诚 |
[32:22] | So if Louis asks you to do something like that, | 如果路易让你做那种事 |
[32:24] | – you come to me first. – Oh, right. | -你应该先来找我 -对 |
[32:26] | Like when I came to you and you told me | 我上次找你的时候 你告诉我 |
[32:28] | that I couldn’t sit at the adult table, right. | 我没有资格参加专业谈判 |
[32:29] | I remember that. Or-or when you told me | 我可没忘 你还让我 |
[32:31] | to go file the patent by myself, like that? | 自己去申请专利 找你有什么用 |
[32:33] | – Excuse me? – You know what? | -你说什么 -你知道吗 |
[32:35] | Maybe it’s time you showed me some loyalty. | 也许这次该让我看看你的忠心了 |
[32:40] | Do you know how long it was | 你知道我花了多久 |
[32:41] | before I got to sit at the adult table? | 才有资格上桌谈判的吗 |
[32:45] | It was when I brought in my first client. | 直到我有了第一个客户 |
[32:47] | Which I don’t recall you having done. | 我记得你好像一个也没有 |
[32:49] | And when you screwed up that patent | 在你申请专利失败以后 |
[32:51] | and Wyatt went ape shit on me, | 怀亚特冲我发火 |
[32:53] | I didn’t put that on you, I took it on myself. | 我可没有把责任推卸给你 我自己扛了 |
[32:55] | Because that’s my job. | 因为那是我的职责 |
[32:57] | And it’s your job to do what I say when I say it. | 而你的职责就是按我说的去做 |
[33:00] | So if you’re talking about loyalty, | 如果想谈什么忠诚 |
[33:02] | you better goddamn earn it. | 你只能自己去争取 |
[33:07] | You’re right. | 你说得对 |
[33:11] | I said I’m sorry and I meant it. | 我向你道歉的时候是真心的 |
[33:15] | Harvey… | 哈维… |
[33:17] | I want you to tr– I need you to trust me, okay? | 我希望…我需要你相信我 好吗 |
[33:20] | And I will work as long as I can, | 我会加班加点 |
[33:22] | as hard as it takes to make that happen. | 尽一切努力赢得你的信任 |
[33:24] | I mean, you don’t even have to pay me, all right? | 你可以不用给我报酬 好吗 |
[33:27] | I’ll work for free. | 我免费给你干活 |
[33:31] | For free. | 免费 |
[33:32] | What, I meant…not forever. | 也不是一直不要报酬 |
[33:34] | Just as, like, a probationary thing. | 只是在试用期内 |
[33:35] | Donna, tell Wyatt I’m on my way over. | 唐娜 告诉怀亚特我马上过去 |
[33:37] | Do you never have to press a button? | 你不用按键就能直接通话吗 |
[33:38] | Got it. And Jessica wants to see | 收到 杰西卡要麦克 |
[33:40] | Mike in her office right now. | 立刻去办公室见她 |
[33:44] | Louis told me what you did at the club. | 路易告诉我俱乐部的事了 |
[33:47] | I bet he didn’t tell you the whole story. | 我猜他没把全部实情告诉你 |
[33:51] | He told me enough to impress me. | 那些已足以令我钦佩了 |
[33:56] | Your new business is hard. | 临时动议不好处理 |
[33:59] | People will promise you the world | 对方会对你夸下海口 |
[34:00] | but until they sign that engagement letter, | 但在签合同之前 |
[34:02] | it means nothing. | 那毫无意义 |
[34:05] | Now I don’t know what you told Tom Keller, | 我不知道你对汤姆·凯勒说了什么 |
[34:09] | but bring a client in at your age… | 但你年纪轻轻就能拉到客户… |
[34:12] | That reminds me of Harvey. | 你让我想起了哈维 |
[34:15] | Jessica, before we get started, | 杰西卡 签合同之前 |
[34:17] | there’s something in the retainer that Tom pointed out. | 汤姆对聘金方面有点意见 |
[34:19] | It’s not a big deal, really. | 其实没什么的 |
[34:21] | – We were just– – No, no, no, no, no, no. | -我们只是 -不 不 不 |
[34:22] | Like I said, we’re here to make you happy. | 我说过 我们得让你满意 |
[34:24] | Right? | 对吗 |
[34:32] | I thought you wanted nothing to do with him? | 我以为你不想和他有任何瓜葛 |
[34:33] | I didn’t. But then I thought about it. | 的确不想 但是后来我仔细一想 |
[34:36] | And he might not be a very good person, | 他虽然不是什么好人 |
[34:37] | but a little deviousness | 但好的律师 |
[34:39] | is the sort of thing you look for in a good lawyer. | 就应该具备狡猾的特质 |
[34:41] | I mean, the other guy I was with, he was too nice. | 我以前的律师 人太老实了 |
[34:43] | We were buddies, we went to school together. | 我们是兄弟 一起上过学 |
[34:45] | It’s time I grew up, got a real shark. | 是时候找个专业的律师了 |
[34:48] | Well, I had no intention of being that way to get your business. | 我不是故意那么做来拉拢你做我们的客户 |
[34:51] | That’s exactly why I insisted that you be my point man. | 所以我才要坚持让你做首席律师 |
[34:55] | I want someone being devious for me, | 我希望有人帮我算计别人 |
[34:57] | not to me. | 而不是算计我 |
[35:00] | – What? – It’s just… | -怎么了 -只是… |
[35:02] | Louis would’ve never told Jessica that I existed, | 要不是你要求的话 路易根本不会 |
[35:04] | let alone that I helped him if you hadn’t done that. | 向杰西卡提起我 更不可能说我帮过他 |
[35:07] | Hey, the way I see it, the three of us stick together, | 在我看来 我们三个精诚合作 |
[35:10] | we’ll make a pretty good team. | 可以做到所向披靡 |
[35:14] | You know, I got a better idea. | 我有个更好的主意 |
[35:16] | $20 million? | 二千万美元 |
[35:18] | They claim it’s their final offer. | 他们说这是最终价格了 |
[35:20] | That’s what it cost to make the prototype. | 我光做样机就花了两千万 |
[35:22] | Not to mention my entire savings and two years of my life. | 我还搭上了全部积蓄和两年的心血 |
[35:26] | Wyatt… | 怀亚特… |
[35:28] | They know we’re stalled on our injunction. | 他们知道我们的禁止令还没通过 |
[35:30] | Which means, to them, they’re giving you a fair price | 所以说 为了避免你们拿下专利 |
[35:33] | as an insurance policy against the risk of | 而带来的损失 |
[35:35] | possibly losing the interference claim. | 他们的出价还是很合理的 |
[35:38] | I don’t care what it is to them. | 我才懒得管他们 |
[35:40] | It’s not fair. | 这不公平 |
[35:44] | Fair or not, it’s their final offer. | 不管公平与否 都是他们的最终出价了 |
[35:50] | You think I should take it? | 你觉得我该接受吗 |
[35:54] | I think you should tell them to shove it up their ass. | 我觉得你可以让他们去死 |
[36:00] | Ladies and gentlemen, I’m terribly sorry, | 女士们先生们 非常抱歉 |
[36:02] | but we have a problem. | 我们遇到了麻烦 |
[36:04] | What problem? | 什么麻烦 |
[36:05] | We came down here | 我们之所以过来 |
[36:06] | because you led us to believe that | 是因为你告诉我们 |
[36:07] | your client was ready to accept – our settlement agreement. | 你的委托人愿意接受我们的和解协议 |
[36:10] | And I thought he would. | 我原本也那么认为 |
[36:11] | Look, I took him the offer. | 我把出价告诉了他 |
[36:13] | I presented it to him, and recommended that he take it. | 向他做了解释 并建议他接受 |
[36:16] | In fact, I urged him to take it. | 事实上 我强烈要求他接受 |
[36:18] | You know what he told me to do? | 你知道他让我怎么做吗 |
[36:19] | He told me to tell you to shove it up your ass. | 他让我告诉你们可以去死了 |
[36:26] | Now I know you didn’t have me come all the way | 你让我们大老远跑过来 |
[36:27] | down here just to tell me that. | 要说的远不止那些吧 |
[36:30] | You’re right. That’s not all Wyatt said. | 没错 怀亚特的想法不止这些 |
[36:32] | He said rather than spending years fighting this out in court, | 他说与其长时间地和你们在法庭上纠缠 |
[36:35] | in 48 hours he’s gonna put this online. | 倒不如在48小时内把这些放到网上 |
[36:41] | That’s a little rough, but you get the idea. | 做得有点粗糙 不过你们懂的 |
[36:45] | What are you showing us? Is this a website? | 这播的是什么 是个网站吗 |
[36:46] | Available at the Suntech domain name. | 以尚德的域名注册的 |
[36:49] | All the design plans and calculations have been uploaded. | 所有设计蓝图和计算数据都已上传 |
[36:52] | – Is this online now? – Can be. | -已经放到网上了吗 -马上就能 |
[36:53] | Which means the whole world will have access to my designs. | 也就意味着全世界都能看到我的设计 |
[36:56] | They’ll be ten knock-offs of that phone | 在你们还没来得及打车回到总部之前 |
[36:58] | before you can catch a cab back to your headquarters. | 市面上就会出现十几部盗版机了 |
[37:00] | – We could file an injunction. – Not before tomorrow. | -我们可以申请禁止令 -那也得等到明天 |
[37:03] | And once that technology is out there, | 而一旦技术泄露出去 |
[37:05] | good luck putting that genie back in the bottle. | 就覆水难收了 |
[37:07] | Well, then we’ll sue. | 那我们就起诉你们 |
[37:08] | But my client won’t have any money. | 我的委托人可没什么积蓄 |
[37:10] | What he will have is credit for the initial design. | 他有的只是原设计的版权而已 |
[37:13] | Which, after he incorporates under a different name, | 他用别的名字对产品进行注册之后 |
[37:16] | will be worth a hell of a lot more money | 会比你们提供的二千万美元 |
[37:18] | than the $20 million that you’re offering. | 值钱得多 |
[37:24] | And you’re saying that this was all your client’s idea. | 你还说这些都是你客户的鬼主意 |
[37:30] | Yes. | 对 |
[37:32] | That’s what I’m saying. | 我就是这么说的 |
[37:49] | Thought you weren’t coming. | 以为你不会来了 |
[37:50] | I had to settle a case first. | 得先解决个案子 |
[37:53] | You have the paperwork we talked about? | 说好的文件带了吗 |
[38:05] | What is this? | 这是什么 |
[38:06] | It’s a copy of the Judicial Conduct Codes. | 《法官行为准则》的副本 |
[38:09] | A friend of mine works at the Attorney General’s office | 是我一个在司法部长办公室工作的朋友 |
[38:11] | gave it to me. We had a nice chat about you. | 给我的 我们聊你聊得可欢了 |
[38:13] | I told him if you were willing to blackmail someone once, | 我告诉他 既然你这次想勒索我 |
[38:16] | chances are you’d done it before. | 很有可能你之前就有过前科 |
[38:18] | He’s very anxious to meet you. | 他非常想见你 |
[38:20] | You think you can get away with screwing my wife | 你认为睡了我老婆之后 你能侥幸逃脱 |
[38:22] | and then have me investigated? | 并让我接受审查吗 |
[38:23] | You actually have it the wrong way around. | 其实你从头到尾都搞错了 |
[38:25] | The only thing I’ve done so far | 到目前为止 我所做的 |
[38:27] | is have you investigated. | 只是让你接受审查而已 |
[38:30] | What? | 什么 |
[38:31] | I never actually slept with Lauren. | 我没跟劳伦上过床 |
[38:33] | But I knew you’d never believe me | 但我知道你不会相信我 |
[38:35] | so I kept my mouth shut. | 所以我就没说 |
[38:36] | But now that she’s getting a divorce, | 现在既然她都要跟你离婚了 |
[38:38] | my policy no longer applies. | 我就没必要再忍下去了 |
[38:40] | And of course, she’s free to date whoever she pleases. | 当然 她中意谁 就可以跟谁约会 |
[38:45] | And she pleases me. | 而她中意的是我 |
[38:48] | Enjoy your evening, Donald. | 长夜漫漫 好好享受 唐纳德 |
[39:13] | I’ve always heard about this place. | 我总是听说这个地方 |
[39:16] | Which room is Hoffa buried in? | 《超级巨人》在哪个房间 |
[39:18] | Not sure, but… | 不清楚 但是… |
[39:20] | The Arc of the Covenant’s just down the hall on the left. | 《盟约之弧》就在过道尽头左拐 |
[39:24] | When you’re finished down here, | 这边忙完之后 |
[39:25] | I’d like you to come upstairs | 你上楼来一趟 |
[39:26] | and start putting together a settlement memorandum. | 给我整理一下和解笔录 |
[39:30] | – They went for it? – Thanks to your idea. | -他们同意和解了吗 -多亏了你的主意 |
[39:33] | Well, I mean, it wasn’t really my idea– | 其实那也算不上是我的… |
[39:34] | They’re settling for 400 million. | 他们同意出四亿美元进行和解 |
[39:36] | Okay, yeah, that was my idea. | 对 那的确是我的主意 |
[39:40] | So does this mean I get to keep my job? | 这也意味着我保住工作了吧 |
[39:41] | I wanna talk to you about that. | 正想跟你谈这个 |
[39:42] | Before you do, Harvey– | 在你开口之前 哈维 |
[39:43] | Do we have to have a conversation | 我说话的时候 |
[39:44] | about how you keep interrupting me? | 能不能不要一直打断我 |
[39:48] | Look, sometimes when someone pulls a gun on you, | 有些时候 人们拿枪指着你时 |
[39:51] | instead of bullets it’s filled with blanks. | 枪里很可能根本没有子弹 |
[39:55] | What’s this? | 这是什么 |
[39:56] | It’s a copy of your drug test results. | 你药检结果的副本 |
[39:59] | But this says I passed. | 这上面说我通过药检了 |
[40:00] | You did. | 是通过了 |
[40:03] | Louis showed me a fake? | 路易拿给我看的是伪造的 |
[40:05] | I’m gonna go have a talk with him. | 我打算去找他好好谈谈 |
[40:09] | You know what, why don’t you let me do it? | 不如让我自己去吧 |
[40:12] | You think you’re ready for the adult table? | 你觉得你有能力上桌谈判了吗 |
[40:14] | What, didn’t you hear? I just landed my first client. | 你没听说吗 我已经签下首位客户了 |
[40:17] | Why do you think I’m showing you this now | 没听说的话 我会直接去找路易 |
[40:19] | and not going straight to Louis? | 而不是拖到现在才把这个给你 |
[40:24] | – Go easy on him. – Nope. | -友善点 -想得美 |
[40:27] | Good boy. | 孩子真棒 |
[40:32] | You lied. | 你骗我 |
[40:33] | That other drug test you showed me was a fake. | 那天你给我看的药检结果是假的 |
[40:35] | How’d you figure that out? | 你怎么发现的 |
[40:36] | Someone once told me I have an eye for detail | 有人曾经告诉过我 对于重要文件 |
[40:38] | when it comes to important paperwork. | 一定要关注细节 |
[40:40] | Well, maybe you’re not as good as you think you are, | 或许你远不如自己所想的那么优秀 |
[40:42] | or you would’ve caught it sooner. | 要不然早就发现了 |
[40:43] | Okay, so this was all some sort of test? | 好吧 这又算是哪门子测试 |
[40:46] | You blackmail me, you jeopardize my job? | 你威胁我 害我差点丢掉工作 |
[40:48] | Mike, stop. Stop. | 迈克 停 停 |
[40:50] | We all came out ahead, didn’t we? | 我们都获利了 不是吗 |
[40:52] | That new client’s gonna bring us millions. | 新客户会给我们带来大笔收入 |
[40:54] | Jessica knows your name now. | 而且杰西卡现在认识你这个人了 |
[40:55] | It’s a win-win. | 这是双赢 |
[41:00] | You’re right. | 话是没错 |
[41:02] | She does know my name. | 她确实知道我这个人了 |
[41:04] | Which is why she’ll listen when I tell her | 所以我去告诉她实情的时候 |
[41:06] | exactly what happened. | 她会听的 |
[41:09] | Okay, but before you do that | 好吧 但在那之前 |
[41:11] | it is…That time again, isn’t it? | 又到了…那什么的时间了 |
[41:15] | What time? | 什么时间 |
[41:16] | Pee in a cup time. | 尿检时间 |
[41:20] | And now you know I’d fail. | 你明知道我通不过的 |
[41:22] | Of course, you can run to mommy, | 当然 你可以选择去她那里 |
[41:23] | tell her your story, and take your chances. | 告知实情 碰碰运气 |
[41:25] | Or you can take the test and trust | 或是选择接受药检 |
[41:27] | that I’ll keep it to myself as my way of thanking you. | 信任我会对结果保密 以对你聊表谢意 |
[41:43] | Ah, you know, I actually did some reading | 不过我也研究过 |
[41:45] | of the Pearson-Harmon Drug Policy as well. | 皮尔森·哈蒙药检政策 |
[41:48] | It turns out that you have to wait three months | 我发现两次药检之间 |
[41:51] | before you can request another drug test. | 要间隔三个月 |
[41:52] | See, it’s a little detail that you might’ve missed. | 瞧 这就是你漏掉的小细节 |
[41:54] | So, drink up. | 一饮而尽吧 |
[41:58] | Oh, and I spoke to Tom Keller. | 对了 我跟汤姆·凯勒谈过了 |
[42:01] | He says that he feels he’d be best served | 他说 还是感觉由我和哈维 |
[42:03] | with a combination of me and Harvey. | 来做他的律师比较好 |
[42:05] | I think you’ll get that call in the morning. | 估计你明早就会接到电话了 |