时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:07] | No, Mike, stop. | 迈克 小心 |
[00:10] | – Sorry – Smooth. | -抱歉 -稳住 |
[00:11] | You would made a nice ballerina. | 你有跳芭蕾舞的潜质 |
[00:14] | I’m not gonna apologize for my lithe physique, okay? | 我的身体柔韧性确实比较好 |
[00:17] | And, by the way, I was on the wrestling team | 而且 我高中的时候 |
[00:19] | in high school, so… | 是摔跤队的 所以… |
[00:21] | Is something funny? | 好笑吗 |
[00:22] | I’m just trying to imagine you fighting someone. | 我只是在想象你跟别人摔跤的情景 |
[00:26] | I would kill you. | 我能弄死你 |
[00:27] | – You wouldn’t touch me. – Why not? | -你根本碰不到我 -为什么 |
[00:29] | Because you’d be too busy staring at me in tights. | 因为你只会盯着我的紧身裤 |
[00:31] | No, I wouldn’t. | 我哪有 |
[00:32] | You’re doing it right now. | 你刚才就盯着呢 |
[00:34] | You’re not wearing any tights. | 你又没穿紧身裤 |
[00:35] | I’m not wearing any underwear. | 我还没穿内裤呢 |
[00:37] | I’m–you– | 我… 你… |
[00:44] | Okay, so, Mrs. Williams, | 好了 威廉姆斯太太 |
[00:45] | We’re gonna take you to the deposition | 等肯尼·沃达斯科那边一结束 |
[00:46] | as soon as Kenny Verdasco’s finished, all right? | 我就带您去取证 好吗 |
[00:49] | You two draw the short straw? | 你们真是倒霉 |
[00:51] | I’m sorry? | 您说什么 |
[00:52] | You’re in charge of corralling the cancer patients. | 你们要把癌症病人聚在一起 |
[00:54] | It’s not the most glamorous duty in the world. | 这可不是什么好差事 |
[00:57] | I supposed you two don’t mind working together. | 我感觉你们俩配合挺默契的 |
[00:59] | How long you been dating? | 你们在一起多久了 |
[01:00] | No, no, I’m sort of seeing someone– | 不 我有女朋友了 |
[01:02] | It’s gonna happen sooner or later. | 你们迟早会在一起的 |
[01:03] | – Excuse me. – Excuse me for a moment. | -打扰一下 -抱歉 请稍等 |
[01:06] | Yes? | 有什么事吗 |
[01:07] | I’m sorry, I think I’m in the wrong place. | 不好意思 我想我走错了 |
[01:10] | Are you here for the Emerson Petroleum deposition? | 你是来为爱默生石油公司的案子作证的吗 |
[01:12] | No, no, I’m an old friend of Harvey Specter’s. | 不 我是哈维·斯佩克特的老朋友 |
[01:14] | This place is huge. I just get turned around. | 这地方太大了 搞得我晕头转向 |
[01:16] | Maybe you can point me in the right direction. | 能告诉我怎么走吗 |
[01:17] | No problem. | 没问题 |
[01:18] | You just see those doors right there? | 看到那边的门了吗 |
[01:19] | Go through to the elevators, | 穿过去乘电梯 |
[01:21] | Then up two floors, | 上两层 |
[01:22] | and then you’re gonna take a right, | 然后向右转 |
[01:23] | and down the hall, and you’ll see Donna. | 走到大厅 你就会看到唐娜了 |
[01:25] | Donna. Great, thanks. | 唐娜 太好了 谢谢你 |
[01:26] | Travis Tanner. | 特拉维斯·坦纳 |
[01:27] | Mike Ross. Good to meet you. | 迈克·罗斯 很高兴见到你 |
[01:29] | Pleasure to meet you, too, Mike. | 我也是 迈克 |
[01:30] | Take care. | 慢走 |
[01:33] | My wife Emily and I, | 我和我的妻子艾米丽 |
[01:34] | we saved every dollar I made in the army, | 把我在军队挣的钱都攒了下来 |
[01:37] | and we moved here from Apple Creek, New York, | 六年前 我们从纽约的苹果溪 |
[01:39] | six years ago. | 搬到这里 |
[01:40] | We bought a brownstone, | 我们买了一栋砂石房 |
[01:42] | and planted a tomato garden. | 在花园里种了番茄 |
[01:44] | We had barbecues with the neighbors. | 和邻居一起吃烧烤 |
[01:46] | It was–it was a dream come true. | 梦想已然成真 |
[01:49] | After being diagnosed with lung cancer, | 但被诊断出肺癌之后 |
[01:51] | I couldn’t work anymore. | 我就无法工作了 |
[01:52] | I mean, there’s times I have difficulty | 有时候甚至上楼 |
[01:54] | even going up the stairs to my daughter’s room. | 去看看我女儿都很困难 |
[01:56] | You attended Apple Creek High School, is that right? | 你在苹果溪高中念过书 是吧 |
[01:59] | All four years. | 四年都在那里念的 |
[02:01] | You high school was built in 1985. | 你的高中是1985年建的 |
[02:03] | What was there before? | 那里以前是做什么的 |
[02:05] | An oil well, | 一座油井 |
[02:07] | Owned and operated by Emerson Petroleum. | 是爱默生石油公司旗下运营的 |
[02:10] | Now, Kenny, why was the high school shut down? | 肯尼 为什么那所高中被关闭了 |
[02:13] | Because 200 people who taught at | 因为有200个曾经 |
[02:15] | or attended Apple Creek High were diagnosed | 在苹果溪高中任教或上学的人 |
[02:17] | with some form of cancer. | 都被诊断出了癌症 |
[02:20] | I’m so sorry to interrupt. | 抱歉打断一下 |
[02:22] | That’s for you, Larry. | 拉里 给你的 |
[02:24] | Trust me, it’s good. Use it. | 相信我 挺不错的 看看吧 |
[02:26] | How do you know my name? | 你怎么知道我的名字 |
[02:27] | It’s all in there, Larry. | 都在里面呢 拉里 |
[02:32] | Hey, are you Donna? | 你是唐娜吗 |
[02:33] | Yeah, can I help you? | 是的 有何贵干 |
[02:35] | Yeah, Mike Ross told me to find you. | 迈克·罗斯让我来找你 |
[02:36] | We were in the library and one of the plaintiffs fainted, | 图书室里有个原告晕倒了 |
[02:38] | – hit their head. – Oh, my gosh. | -他们不知所措了 -天呐 |
[02:39] | Okay, I’m on it. Thank you. | 好吧 我这就去 谢谢你 |
[02:41] | You’re welcome. | 不客气 |
[02:50] | Wrong office. | 你走错了 |
[02:51] | Harvey, I have to admit, great job making Kenny Verdasco | 哈维 不得不承认 让肯尼·沃达斯科 |
[02:54] | the face of your class action suit. | 作为集体诉讼的代表是对的 |
[02:57] | I don’t know who Kenny Verdasco is. | 我不认识什么肯尼·沃达斯科 |
[02:58] | Oh, well, you better find out. | 那你最好弄清楚 |
[03:00] | How about for starters you introduce yourself | 你还是先做个自我介绍吧 |
[03:02] | or I’m calling security. Donna! | 不然我就叫保安了 唐娜 |
[03:03] | Relax, relax. Name’s Travis Tanner. | 别紧张 我叫特拉维斯·坦纳 |
[03:09] | You’re Travis Tanner? | 你就是特拉维斯·坦纳 |
[03:10] | You’ve heard of me. | 你听说过我 |
[03:12] | No. | 没有 |
[03:13] | I’m a senior partner with Clyde-Macphee. | 我是克莱德·麦克菲律所的资深合伙人 |
[03:16] | – We’re based in Boston. – So are the Red Sox. | -我们律所在波士顿 -就算是红袜队 |
[03:18] | I don’t give a shit about them either. | 我也一样不待见 |
[03:19] | That’s funny. | 真有趣 |
[03:20] | You know what’s not funny, is what’s happening | 可发生在肯尼·沃达斯科身上的事情 |
[03:22] | to Kenny Verdasco. | 就没那么有趣了 |
[03:23] | At this moment, they’re asking him about his parents, | 现在 他们正在问及他的父母 |
[03:26] | both heavy smokers. Nasty habit. | 他们都是重度烟民 不良嗜好啊 |
[03:29] | Yes, a pack a day each. | 是的 他们每天抽一包 |
[03:31] | I lived with them till I was 18. | 我18岁之前都和他们住在一起 |
[03:33] | And then they’ll ask how in the army | 然后他们会问他在服役期间 |
[03:35] | he was exposed to Nickel, Chromium, and hydrocarbons. | 怎么会接触镍 铬和碳氢化合物 |
[03:39] | I was an infantry soldier. | 我是一名步兵 |
[03:40] | I didn’t have much choice in the matter. | 这种事情我别无选择 |
[03:43] | Not to mention the frivolous lawsuit | 更不用说他在十年前 |
[03:45] | he filed ten years ago against the Shriver Grocery Chain. | 对施莱沃连锁杂货店的恶意诉讼 |
[03:48] | It wasn’t frivolous. | 我不是恶意的 |
[03:50] | I slipped and shattered my elbow. | 我滑倒时把手肘骨摔碎了 |
[03:53] | If they’re doing such a great job down there, | 他们的工作都做得这么到位了 |
[03:55] | what are you doing up here in my office? | 那你来找我干什么 |
[03:57] | ’cause I gave them all that. | 因为那些材料是我提供的 |
[03:58] | And when they walk out that door, | 等他们出来的时候 |
[04:00] | I’m gonna be the one who fires their asses. | 我就会来个落井下石 |
[04:02] | So you coming to me for a pep talk? | 那你是来给我打气的吗 |
[04:05] | You’re gonna do great, kiddo. | 你很有前途啊 老兄 |
[04:06] | No, you see, Emerson Petroleum | 不 爱默生石油公司 |
[04:08] | was gonna lose this case. | 马上就要输了 |
[04:09] | So they called me in to fix the situation. | 所以他们来找我挽救局面 |
[04:12] | And when I beat Pearson Hardman, | 当我打败皮尔逊·哈德曼律所时 |
[04:14] | I don’t want anyone saying | 不希望有人说 |
[04:15] | it was because they didn’t send in their best. | 那是因为他们未派出强将 |
[04:17] | Well, I’m sorry to disappoint you, | 抱歉让你失望了 |
[04:18] | but Jessica Pearson’s handling this case herself. | 这案子是杰西卡·皮尔逊亲自接手的 |
[04:21] | And if you think that she’s not the best, | 如果你觉得她还算不上强将 |
[04:23] | why don’t you take a run at her and find out? | 为什么不去找她较量较量呢 |
[04:24] | All right, look, I hear what you’re saying, | 好了 我明白你的意思 |
[04:26] | But here’s the thing. | 但事情是这样的 |
[04:27] | I know that you know who I am. | 我知道你清楚我是谁 |
[04:30] | And I also know that during your senior year | 我还知道你在大四的时候 |
[04:33] | you missed out on playing in the state championship | 因为肩伤而无法参加 |
[04:35] | because of your shoulder. | 州锦标赛 |
[04:36] | You can’t pitch with a bad shoulder. | 你因为肩伤而无法投球 |
[04:38] | And what do you know, | 结果后来呢 |
[04:40] | they won without you, Harvey. | 没有你 他们还是赢了 哈维 |
[04:43] | Now ask yourself something. | 现在你扪心自问 |
[04:46] | Are you gonna let Jessica Pearson | 你会让杰西卡·皮尔逊 |
[04:47] | play the big game for you, hmm? | 替你冲锋陷阵吗 |
[04:51] | What’s so funny? | 有什么好笑的 |
[04:52] | I’m just thinking about | 我只是在想象 |
[04:53] | how I’m gonna enjoy kicking your ass. | 把你打得落花流水的感觉 |
[04:56] | I’ll see you in court. | 那咱们法庭上见 |
[05:36] | It was an attack on my history, my family, | 这对我的过去 我的家人 以及所有 |
[05:38] | everything I care about. | 我在乎的事情都是一种打击 |
[05:39] | I told you this was coming. | 我事先提醒过你 |
[05:41] | They’re just trying to rattle you. | 他们在试图激怒你 |
[05:42] | Yeah, well, they’re doing a hell of a good job. | 是啊 他们干得太棒了 |
[05:44] | Kenny, you’re our lead plaintiff. | 肯尼 你是我们的主要原告 |
[05:46] | You’ve got to keep your composure. | 你得保持冷静 |
[05:48] | I don’t care about composure. | 我不管什么冷静不冷静的 |
[05:49] | I want to make a settlement. | 我只想达成和解 |
[05:50] | That’s exactly what they want. | 那正是他们想要的 |
[05:52] | Kenny, I’d like you to meet Harvey Specter. | 肯尼 这位是哈维·斯佩克特 |
[05:53] | He’s my right hand. | 是我的得力助手 |
[05:54] | Can your right hand please tell me why | 能不能请你的得力助手告诉我 |
[05:56] | we shouldn’t ask for a settlement? | 为什么我们不能请求和解 |
[05:57] | I’m not against settling one bit. | 我并不反对适当地和解 |
[05:58] | But if we go to them, we’re weak. | 但如果我们主动求和 就处于劣势了 |
[06:00] | They come to us, we’re strong. | 而他们来找我们的话 我们就有优势 |
[06:01] | Harvey’s right. | 哈维说得对 |
[06:02] | They came after you because they’re running scared. | 他们慢你一步 是因为他们小心谨慎 |
[06:04] | Trust me, they’ll come to us soon enough. | 相信我 他们很快就会来找我们的 |
[06:08] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[06:10] | One more thing, | 还有件事 |
[06:11] | I’m gonna postpone the rest of the depositions. | 余下的取证工作我会延期进行 |
[06:13] | Don’t tell the rest of the plaintiffs what happened. | 别对其他原告说这些事 |
[06:18] | What the hell was that? | 这是怎么回事啊 |
[06:21] | I need you to let me take over this case. | 请让我接手这件案子 |
[06:23] | The guy that came into my deposition. | 是因为那个打断取证的人吧 |
[06:25] | – He called you out? – Yeah. | -他让你出马 -是的 |
[06:27] | – He’s good. – Yeah. | -他挺厉害的 -是啊 |
[06:28] | You think I can’t take him? | 你觉得我应付不了他吗 |
[06:30] | He brought up the state championship. | 他提起了州锦标赛的事 |
[06:31] | – Oh, shoulder. – Yeah. | -你的肩膀 -没错 |
[06:35] | Take him. | 搞定他 |
[06:37] | – Be careful. – I will. | -小心点 -我会的 |
[06:39] | Bringing up state championships, | 提起州锦标赛的事 |
[06:40] | that’s just– that’s wrong. | 那真是太坏了 |
[06:42] | Nothing I wouldn’t have done. | 我当时也无能为力 |
[06:50] | Thanks. | 谢了 |
[06:52] | I need you to dig into Travis Tanner. | 我要你查一下特拉维斯·坦纳的底细 |
[06:54] | Find out where he’s worked, where he’s gone to school, | 在哪里就职 就读过哪所学校 |
[06:56] | what cases he’s won. | 打赢过哪些案子 |
[06:57] | Why, you thinking about starting a Wikipedia page for him? | 这是干嘛 准备为他建个维基百科的词条吗 |
[06:59] | I don’t know anything about how this guy operates. | 这家伙处理案子的方式 我一无所知 |
[07:02] | And before I make a move, I need to know everything | 在我发起进攻之前 我得彻底了解 |
[07:04] | about how this guy operates. | 他是怎么处理案子的 |
[07:05] | Right, for his Wikipedia page. | 是啊 就为了给他建个维基词条 |
[07:07] | You think the Mavericks didn’t watch game film | 你以为在打热身赛之前 达拉斯小牛队 |
[07:09] | on LeBron before they played the heat? | 不会研究勒布朗的防守进攻方式吗 |
[07:10] | You’re harvey specter. | 你是哈维·斯佩克特 |
[07:11] | You don’t need to watch game film. | 你不必事先摸清对手底细 |
[07:12] | Do you know who’s watched more game film than anybody? | 知道谁会将对手的情况摸得一清二楚吗 |
[07:15] | – No. Who? – Michael Jordan. | -不知道 谁 -迈克尔·乔丹 |
[07:18] | What? How do you know that? | 什么 你怎么知道的 |
[07:19] | You don’t believe me? Let’s call him. | 你不信吗 打电话问他 |
[07:24] | – You have Michael Jordan’s phone number. – Yep. | -你有迈克尔·乔丹的手机号 -是的 |
[07:27] | If I hit this button right here, | 如果我按下了这个按键 |
[07:29] | I call Michael Jordan? | 我就打给迈克尔·乔丹了吗 |
[07:30] | That’s kinda how a phone works. | 电话不就这功能吗 |
[07:33] | Speed dial 23. | 快速拨号按23 |
[07:34] | – I’m doing it. – Go for it. | -我打了 -打吧 |
[07:36] | I’m gonna ask him about baseball. | 我要问他棒球问题 |
[07:38] | Do not ask him about baseball. | 别问他棒球问题 |
[07:39] | Wrong–wrong number. | 打…打错了 |
[07:42] | You’re kidding me. | 你耍我呢 |
[07:43] | Oh, my god. | 我的天 |
[07:45] | Who are you? | 你到底是谁 |
[07:49] | Everybody stop what you’re doing, | 各位 停下手上的工作 |
[07:50] | stand up, and follow me in the library. | 起立 跟我去图书室 |
[07:54] | Mike, that goes for you too, up and at ’em. | 迈克 你也一样 跟我走 |
[07:55] | Yeah, Louis, I’d love to, | 好的 路易 我很乐意 |
[07:57] | but I have some work to do for– | 但我有些工作要做 |
[07:58] | His majesty can’t wait. | 杰西卡陛下不等人 |
[07:59] | All associates in the library now. | 所有助手现在都跟我去图书室 |
[08:00] | Let’s go. | 走吧 |
[08:04] | Let’s go. | 走吧 |
[08:06] | Rumor is we’re getting our annual raises early. | 有传言说要提前给我们加薪 |
[08:08] | People are freaking out. | 大家都很兴奋 |
[08:09] | That’s great, Harold. | 很好 哈罗德 |
[08:11] | I’m thinking about getting a tattoo. | 我想去弄个纹身 |
[08:13] | You need a raise for that? | 不加薪你没钱纹吗 |
[08:15] | I’m really overpaying for my apartment. | 我的房租太高了 |
[08:16] | Good morning, everyone. | 大家早上好 |
[08:18] | Many of you seem to think | 大家也许认为召集你们 |
[08:20] | this is about getting your raises early. | 是要给你们提前加薪 |
[08:22] | – It isn’t. – Suck. | -不是 -郁闷 |
[08:24] | We’ve discovered a breach at the firm. | 我们发现公司里有违规现象 |
[08:26] | A confidential witness list was leaked to a rival firm, | 高度机密的证人名录外泄给了我们的对手 |
[08:30] | Wakefield-Cady. | 韦克菲尔德·凯蒂律所 |
[08:32] | Now it’s entirely possible | 也很有可能 |
[08:33] | that this was an honest mistake. | 这只是无心之过 |
[08:35] | If so, we urge the responsible party | 如果是那样 我们希望当事人 |
[08:37] | to come forward. | 能主动坦白 |
[08:38] | If not, we’ll find out soon enough. | 如果不是 我们很快会彻查清楚 |
[08:41] | Either way, | 不管怎样 |
[08:42] | we will get to the bottom of this. | 我们会把这件事查个水落石出 |
[08:46] | Louis. | 路易 |
[08:54] | Jessica seems to think a mistake’s been made. | 杰西卡觉得这只是犯错 |
[08:58] | I don’t believe so. | 我不觉得 |
[09:00] | I also don’t believe this is a matter of ethics. | 我也不认为这关乎道德 |
[09:02] | It’s a matter of loyalty. | 而是忠诚与否 |
[09:05] | Someone in this room has betrayed us all, | 这个房间里的某个人背叛了我们大家 |
[09:08] | and it makes me sick. | 我对此人深痛恶觉 |
[09:11] | The fact that it went to those holier-than-thou pricks | 而消息走漏给了韦克菲尔德·凯蒂律所那些小人 |
[09:14] | at Wakefield-Cady, you know what, that makes me sicker. | 你们知道吗 这使我更加痛恨此人 |
[09:18] | Now, you all work together, | 你们在一起工作 |
[09:20] | in the trenches, shoulder-to-shoulder, | 在同一战线 并肩作战 |
[09:22] | which means one of you must know who did this. | 你们当中肯定有人知道是谁干的 |
[09:25] | Now if y’all harbor knowledge of the perpetrator | 如果你们知道是谁走漏的消息 |
[09:28] | and do not turn him in, | 而不揭发的话 |
[09:29] | You’re as bad as the perpetrator himself, | 你们就和他一样可恶 |
[09:31] | you along with the perpetrator will be fired. | 最终你们将一同卷铺盖走人 |
[09:33] | He’s doing George W. Bush. | 他在模仿小布什 |
[09:35] | You’re either with us or against us, folks. | 各位 与我们为敌或为友 就在一念之间 |
[09:37] | He sounds like bush, but he looks just like Cheney. | 他说话像小布什 但看起来像切尼 |
[09:43] | You got something to tell me, Harold? | 你有话要说吗 哈罗德 |
[09:45] | No? | 没有吗 |
[09:46] | Not that dermatological problem | 不想谈一下你在我办公室里 |
[09:48] | that you were talking about earlier in my office? | 谈过的皮肤病的问题吗 |
[09:49] | – No, not that one? – No. | -不想谈那个吗 -不 |
[09:53] | To show you how serious I am, | 为了表示我的决心 |
[09:54] | I have an incentive. | 我有奖励政策 |
[09:56] | Whoever turns this traitor in | 揭发背叛者的人 |
[09:58] | receives $10,000. | 将得到一万美元作为奖励 |
[10:02] | You’re welcome. | 不客气 |
[10:05] | Feel free to go back to work. | 回去继续工作吧 |
[10:08] | $10,000, that’s a big tattoo. | 一万美元 能纹好大一个纹身了吧 |
[10:10] | Yeah, it’d be huge. | 是啊 巨大无比 |
[10:14] | Why? | 什么事 |
[10:15] | – Louis, there was a– – I don’t care. | -路易说有个… -不关我的事 |
[10:17] | Tell me what you learned about Travis Tanner. | 关于特拉维斯·坦纳 告诉我你都查到些什么 |
[10:19] | It’s all in there. | 都在这里面了 |
[10:21] | Travis Tanner went to Yale, | 特拉维斯·坦纳曾就读耶鲁大学 |
[10:22] | undergrad in law, honors in both. | 法学本科 成绩优异 |
[10:24] | He was a junior tennis champion. | 他还是青年网球冠军 |
[10:26] | Tennis. Just like Louis. | 网球啊 就和路易一样 |
[10:28] | Yeah, he played in college too. | 是啊 他在大学也打网球的 |
[10:29] | – Oh, my god. – More importantly, | -天呐 -更重要的是 |
[10:31] | he was the youngest senior partner at Clyde-Macphee. | 他是克莱德·麦克菲律所史上最年轻的资深合伙人 |
[10:34] | This guy’s record is off the charts. | 这家伙的履历无懈可击 |
[10:36] | Really? | 是吗 |
[10:37] | he specializes in breaking class action lawsuits. | 他擅长代理集体诉讼案 |
[10:40] | Harris Tobacco, Bell Pesticide, | 哈里斯烟草案 贝尔农药案 |
[10:41] | Gravtech Securities, he broke ’em all. | 格夫泰克证券案 统统拿下 |
[10:44] | How come I’ve never heard of him? | 那我怎么从未听说过他 |
[10:46] | Evidently, he doesn’t like to take public credit. | 很显然 他不愿接受大众关注 |
[10:48] | Stays off the radar, he avoids the press. | 为人低调 也不接受采访 |
[10:51] | I only found this stuff by looking through court records. | 我也是查看法庭记录才知道这些的 |
[10:54] | Now it makes sense. | 那就说得通了 |
[10:55] | What? | 什么 |
[10:56] | Why he thinks I know him. | 他觉得我应该认识他 |
[10:58] | I know those other attorneys. | 他以为其他律师 |
[11:00] | He thinks they’ve told me about him. | 会向我提起他 |
[11:02] | – They never did? – No. | -他们没提起过吗 -没有 |
[11:03] | – Why not? – Because he beat them. | -为什么 -因为他们全都败诉于他 |
[11:05] | This guy’s kind of a badass. | 这家伙挺难对付的嘛 |
[11:07] | You want me to get you an autograph? | 要我帮你要他的签名吗 |
[11:09] | No, I’m just respecting our foe. | 不用 只是对我们的敌人表示下崇敬 |
[11:11] | – Foe? – It’s from The Art of War. | -敌人 -《孙子兵法》里说的 |
[11:14] | No? | 不是吗 |
[11:14] | No, look, I need to know | 不是 听着 我得知道 |
[11:16] | how those other cases are different from ours. | 他打赢的那些案子和我们这起案子的区别 |
[11:18] | Those other cases were spread out | 他打赢的那些案子分布在不同地区 |
[11:21] | geographically, economically, socially. | 经济基础和社会背景均不相同 |
[11:23] | Ours is in a single town, a single school | 而我们的案子发生在一个小镇的一所学校里 |
[11:26] | with a single cluster of plaintiffs. | 外加一群弱势的原告 |
[11:28] | That’s good. | 很好 |
[11:29] | That tennis-playing douchebag Travis Tanner’s on the phone. | 那个网球混账特拉维斯·坦纳来电 |
[11:33] | You know I listen. | 你知道我一直在听你说话 |
[11:39] | Travis, what can I do for you? | 特拉维斯 有什么能为你效劳吗 |
[11:41] | Yeah, I’m happy to discuss the case, | 我很乐意谈一下案子的事 |
[11:43] | on one condition. | 不过有个条件 |
[11:45] | You’re gonna meet me at Apple Creek High School. | 我们得在苹果溪高中碰个头 |
[11:47] | See you in an hour. | 一小时候后见 |
[11:49] | Why do you want to meet there? | 为什么要在那见面 |
[11:50] | Because that’s ground zero. | 因为那里是事发地 |
[11:52] | And I want the emotion of that school under my feet | 我要在谈判时 利用那所学校的遭遇 |
[11:54] | when I negotiate. | 掌握谈判全局 |
[11:56] | I thought you were against emotions. | 我还以为你反对打情感牌 |
[11:57] | I’m against having emotions, | 我反对抒发情感 |
[11:59] | not against using them. | 而不是利用情感 |
[12:01] | Come on, I thought we were homies. | 我还以为我们是哥们 |
[12:03] | Jimmy, I didn’t leak anything. | 吉米 我没泄露过情报 |
[12:05] | You know, I remember you said | 我记得你说过 |
[12:06] | you hated Louis Litt and you were second-guessing | 你讨厌路易·利特 而且对于你是否 |
[12:08] | your decision to become a lawyer. | 要继续干律师这一行也犹豫不决 |
[12:09] | I told you that in confidence over six cosmopolitans. | 那是在六杯甜酒下肚的情况下私下告诉你的 |
[12:12] | It doesn’t mean you’re not the guy. | 那也不代表你不是叛徒啊 |
[12:13] | Harold, really? You drink cosmopolitans? | 哈罗德 不是吧 你喝甜酒吗 |
[12:16] | Stop doing that unless you’re with girls, | 别再喝了 除非你和女孩们在一块 |
[12:18] | which you never are. And, Jimmy, | 而你也没那机会了 还有 吉米 |
[12:19] | are you kidding me, going after Harold? | 你没搞错吧 竟然冲着哈罗德来了 |
[12:21] | What, how do you know he didn’t do it? | 你怎么知道不是他干的 |
[12:22] | How do we know you didn’t do it? | 我们怎么知道不是你干的呢 |
[12:23] | Maybe you’re the guy. | 也许你才是始作俑者吧 |
[12:24] | Oh, my god, guys, this is ridiculous. | 我的天 各位 这太荒谬了 |
[12:26] | All right, has it occurred to any of you | 你们难道就不认为 |
[12:28] | that maybe this is all just a big test? | 这也许是对我们的考验吗 |
[12:31] | Spoken like a person with something to hide. | 有所隐瞒的人才会这么说吧 |
[12:34] | Louis was talking about loyalty. | 路易强调的是忠诚 |
[12:35] | Maybe this is just some test to see how loyal we are | 也许只是检验我们忠诚与否的一个测试 |
[12:38] | by not turning on each other. | 我们不必自相残杀 |
[12:39] | Are you kidding? | 你开什么玩笑 |
[12:40] | Jessica would never play along with something like that. | 杰西卡从来都不会用这招的 |
[12:41] | Even if it’s not a test, | 就算这不是要检验我们 |
[12:43] | this is a law office, not Lord of the Flies. | 这是律师办公室 不是自相残杀的世界 |
[12:45] | Everybody get back to work. | 大家继续工作吧 |
[12:50] | Are these the Galusska briefs? | 这些是加路斯卡一案的摘要吗 |
[12:55] | You guys, Louis has been hounding us for these. | 伙计们 路易一直在问我们要这个 |
[12:57] | Why hasn’t anyone taken them to him? | 为什么没人拿去给他 |
[13:00] | Are you serious? | 你们当真吗 |
[13:01] | Wow. You’re scared of him. | 你们怕他 |
[13:05] | He’s Louis Litt, he’s not Darth Vader. | 他是路易·利特 他又不是达斯·维德 |
[13:09] | This is what courage looks like. Jimmy, pay attention. | 这才叫勇气可嘉 吉米 学着点 |
[13:11] | Please. | 拜托 |
[13:13] | Louis, the Galusska briefs. | 路易 加路斯卡一案的摘要 |
[13:16] | Sorry they’re late. | 抱歉 送晚了 |
[13:17] | Hmm, Thank you, Mr. Mike Ross. | 谢谢了 迈克·罗斯 |
[13:36] | – Sure you’re ready for this? – I’m here, aren’t I? | -确定你准备好了吗 -我不是已经来了嘛 |
[13:38] | I’ve been looking into you. You’re an elusive man. | 我查过你的底细 你很难捉摸啊 |
[13:40] | Yeah, well, when you’re number one, | 你要是行业里的老大 |
[13:42] | you don’t need to broadcast your victories, Harvey. | 就不需要再到处宣传你的战绩了 哈维 |
[13:44] | That’s funny. Where I come from, | 真有意思 在我家乡 |
[13:46] | number one doesn’t usually challenge number two to a fight. | 老大通常不会去挑战老二 |
[13:50] | This school was Apple Creek’s pride. | 这个学校是苹果溪的骄傲 |
[13:52] | Parents felt safe sending their children here, | 家长们放心将孩子送到这里 |
[13:54] | and teachers felt safe teaching here. | 老师们安心在这里教书 |
[13:56] | You know what Apple Creek High School is now? | 你知道苹果溪高中现在是什么样子吗 |
[13:58] | A bunch of trailers on the outskirts of town. | 小镇郊区的几辆拖车 |
[14:00] | All because 30 years ago your clients | 这都是因为三十年前你的客户 |
[14:02] | failed to cap an oil well and gave them all cancer. | 未能封住油井 导致镇民全都得了癌症 |
[14:05] | You see all these power lines around here? | 你看到周围的输电线了吗 |
[14:06] | They crisscross the entire town. | 它们在整个小镇纵横交错 |
[14:08] | Two miles down that road, paint factory. | 那条路往前两公里 是油漆厂 |
[14:11] | You got a microwave tower. | 这里还有微波发射塔 |
[14:13] | And all this grass that you see? | 而眼前这片草地 |
[14:14] | It’s been treated with pesticide every week for 20 years. | 近二十年内 每周都会喷洒杀虫剂 |
[14:18] | You say it’s our fault. I say you’re wrong. | 你说是我们的过错 我说你们错了 |
[14:21] | That office, Mitch Rosewall, | 那个办公室的主人 米奇·罗斯沃尔 |
[14:23] | soccer coach, brain cancer. | 足球教练 得了脑癌 |
[14:26] | Library, Monica Dodd, volunteer. | 图书馆的莫尼卡·多德 志愿者 |
[14:28] | She ran it for years. Stomach cancer. | 她在这里好多年了 得了胃癌 |
[14:31] | They both died last month, | 他们上个月都死了 |
[14:32] | and they sure as hell didn’t die from pesticide. | 而显然他们不是因为杀虫剂而死的 |
[14:34] | – Can you prove it? – If we go to trial, | -你有证据吗 -如果上庭 |
[14:36] | it won’t be about proving anything. | 就不是提供证据那么简单了 |
[14:38] | It’ll be about Monica, Mitch, and Kenny, | 那将会牵涉到莫妮卡 米奇和肯尼 |
[14:42] | and you won’t stand a chance. | 到时你绝无胜算 |
[14:46] | Ah, this is fun, Harvey. | 太有趣了 哈维 |
[14:49] | I’m just sorry to say that we won’t get to do this in court. | 我只能满怀歉意地说 不得不在法庭见了 |
[14:52] | Against my advice, Emerson wants to settle. | 虽然违背我意 但是爱默生想要和解 |
[14:55] | You’re kidding me. | 你耍我吧 |
[14:56] | After all this, you want to settle. | 说了这么多 你却想要和解 |
[14:58] | No, I don’t, but those are my instructions. | 没耍你 刚刚那些话算是我的说明 |
[15:01] | Call it a draw. | 到此为止 |
[15:14] | Mike, get over to Kenny’s house. | 迈克 到肯尼家去 |
[15:17] | Tanner’s gonna try and make him cave. | 坦纳想要逼他妥协 |
[15:28] | I came as soon as I got the message. | 我一收到消息就来了 |
[15:31] | Kenny. | 肯尼 |
[15:33] | It’s Harvey Specter. | 我是哈维·斯佩克特 |
[15:36] | Was Travis Tanner here? I was just with him. | 特拉维斯·坦纳在吗 我刚刚还和他在一起 |
[15:38] | He couldn’t have beaten me by much. | 他不会比我先到太久 |
[15:40] | Sweetie, why don’t you go inside, okay, baby? | 宝贝 你先进屋好吗 |
[15:44] | No, it wasn’t him. | 来的不是他 |
[15:45] | It was someone else. He wouldn’t tell me his name. | 是其他人 他不肯说自己的名字 |
[15:47] | He said he was with Pearson-Hardman, so I let him in. | 他说是皮尔逊·哈德曼律所的 我就让他进屋了 |
[15:49] | Did he mention Tanner’s name? | 他提到坦纳的名字了吗 |
[15:50] | No, but it was obvious that’s who he worked for. | 没有 但是显然他为那人工作 |
[15:52] | He said me and the other plaintiffs | 他说很快会给我和其他原告 |
[15:54] | were gonna get a settlement offer soon. | 提供和解条件 |
[15:55] | – What else? – He said if we don’t take it, | -还有吗 -他说如果我们不接受 |
[15:57] | that they’re gonna go after us. | 他们不会放过我们的 |
[15:58] | That they have dirt on everyone. | 他们有我们的把柄 |
[16:00] | He mentioned Eva Williams’ | 他提到伊娃·威廉一家 |
[16:01] | arrest for public intoxication, | 因公共场所醉酒闹事而被捕 |
[16:02] | Bernie Rutherford’s shoplifting arrest | 伯尼·拉瑟福德在大学时 |
[16:04] | – when he was in college. – That’s criminal intimidation. | -因入店盗窃而被捕 -那是刑事恐吓 |
[16:06] | If they want to go after me, that’s fine. | 如果他们想要跟我过不去 没关系 |
[16:08] | I can handle it. | 我可以应付 |
[16:09] | But the others, I don’t know if they can. | 但是其他人 我不知道他们行不行 |
[16:12] | You have to stay strong, Kenny. | 你必须要坚强 肯尼 |
[16:13] | You cave, everything falls apart. | 你一旦放弃 一切都会分崩离析 |
[16:15] | One more thing, what did this guy look like? | 还有一个问题 那家伙长什么样 |
[16:17] | I don’t know, he was average height, | 大概是中等身材 |
[16:19] | brown hair, brown eyes. | 棕发褐眼 |
[16:21] | Thanks. | 谢了 |
[16:23] | So figuring out who this guy is? | 知道那家伙是谁吗 |
[16:25] | No. We’ll never find him. | 不知道 我们找不到他的 |
[16:37] | How’d you know was going after Kenny? | 你怎么知道坦纳会对肯尼下手 |
[16:39] | ‘Cause if I was the type to go out of bounds, | 如果我是那种不择手段的人 |
[16:41] | that’s exactly what I’d do. | 我一定会那么做 |
[16:43] | – You’re not? – No. | -你不是 -不是 |
[16:45] | So what’s our next move? | 下一步要做什么 |
[16:46] | I’m calling in reinforcements. | 搬救兵 |
[16:48] | What do you mean? | 什么意思 |
[16:49] | If Tanner sent a guy to intimidate Kenny, | 既然坦纳派人去恐吓肯尼 |
[16:52] | he’s got something else up his sleeve, | 他肯定还有其它阴谋诡计 |
[16:53] | and I want to know what it is. | 我想知道到底是什么 |
[16:56] | What? | 怎么了 |
[16:57] | Nothing, you guys are like two sides of the same coin. | 没什么 你俩就像一个硬币的正反面 |
[17:00] | What are you saying, he’s another me? | 你说什么 他是另一个我吗 |
[17:02] | No one is another me. | 没人能和我媲美 |
[17:04] | I mean, you told Donna I was another you. | 你告诉唐娜我是另一个你 |
[17:06] | I never said that. | 我从没这么说 |
[17:08] | You said you were looking for another you, | 你说你在寻找另一个你 |
[17:10] | and then you hired me. | 然后你就聘用了我 |
[17:11] | So see how that works? | 明白其中的联系了吗 |
[17:16] | Logic. | 逻辑 |
[17:21] | Mike, let’s go. In my office now. | 迈克跟我走 立刻去我办公室 |
[17:27] | Oh, damn, Mike. | 该死 迈克 |
[17:29] | Tell me you didn’t leak the documents, man. | 告诉我你没走漏文件信息 伙计 |
[17:31] | Are you our Benedict Arnold? | 你是我们的本尼迪克特·阿诺德吗 |
[17:32] | Benedict Arnold, nice reference. | 本尼迪克特·阿诺德 不错的引用 |
[17:34] | You helping your high school girlfriend | 你又在帮你念中学的女友 |
[17:35] | with her homework again? | 做家庭作业了吗 |
[17:36] | Okay, not cool, Mike. | 这么说太不厚道了 迈克 |
[17:38] | You know Darla’s in community college. | 你知道达拉在念社区大学 |
[17:41] | I don’t even know why you laughing, Harold. | 我不知道有什么好笑的 哈罗德 |
[17:42] | You don’t have a chick. | 你都没女人 |
[17:46] | She’s of age. | 她成年了 |
[17:52] | I am so very proud of you, Mike. | 我太为你骄傲了 迈克 |
[17:54] | Wow, I really wish you weren’t touching me right now. | 你现在别抓着我就更好了 |
[17:56] | You are what loyalty looks like. | 你就是忠心的典范啊 |
[17:59] | You rooted out the person responsible | 你找出了向韦克菲尔德·凯蒂律所 |
[18:01] | for leaking the witness list to Wakefield-Cady. | 泄露证人名单的叛徒 |
[18:04] | Louis, I have no idea what you’re talking about. | 路易 我完全不知你所云 |
[18:06] | It was almost cute how you hid the evidence | 你将证据藏在加路斯卡一案的摘要里 |
[18:07] | in the Galusska briefs. | 真是太可爱了 |
[18:09] | Like you didn’t want to take the credit. | 搞得像是你不想要接受表扬 |
[18:10] | What? Louis, I didn’t hide anything. | 什么 路易 我什么也没藏 |
[18:12] | Don’t worry, no one’s gonna label you a snitch. | 别担心 没人会给你贴上告密者的标签 |
[18:15] | Snitch? | 告密者 |
[18:15] | We didn’t even think to check the fax machines. | 我们根本没想到要检查传真机 |
[18:18] | That was brilliant. | 太聪明了 |
[18:19] | The list was sent from right here in this firm. | 这份名单正是从本公司发出的 |
[18:23] | This is a copy of a fax submission form sent from three days ago. | 这是三天前发出的一份传真提交表格的复印件 |
[18:27] | This doesn’t implicate anybody. | 这不能用来指证任何人 |
[18:28] | That’s the confidential employee code. | 那是机要人员密码 |
[18:30] | She must not have known that the machine recorded it. | 她一定不知道机器会自动记下 |
[18:33] | She? | 她 |
[18:34] | Wait, why am I being suspended? | 等等 为什么我被停职了 |
[18:35] | I didn’t leak any documents. | 我没有泄露任何文件 |
[18:37] | Who told Louis I did this? | 谁跟路易说是我做的 |
[18:39] | Let’s go please. | 请走吧 |
[18:40] | – This way. – No, no, no, Louis. | -这边走 -不 不 路易 |
[18:43] | You have to stop this. I didn’t turn Rachel in. | 你不能这样 我没出卖瑞秋 |
[18:45] | That’s so sweet how you didn’t really mean to | 你没想真心告发谁 |
[18:47] | hand someone in. Wait, Mike, stop. | 真是太体贴了 等下 迈克 站住 |
[18:50] | You did a great thing. | 你做了件大好事 |
[18:51] | And because of that great thing, | 正因为这件好事 |
[18:55] | $10,000, and don’t spend it in one place. | 一万美金 别一下子花光了 |
[19:02] | You say, “Thank you, Louis.” | 你说 谢谢你 路易 |
[19:03] | And then, “You’re welcome, Mike.” | 然后 我说 “不客气 迈克” |
[19:05] | – Rachel. – I don’t want to talk to you. | -瑞秋 -我不想和你说话 |
[19:07] | – Hey, come on. – You want “Come on”? | -别这样 -既然你不想这样 |
[19:09] | – Why would you do that to me? – I didn’t do anything to you. | -为什么要那样对我 -我什么也没做 |
[19:11] | I didn’t fax that goddamn list. | 我没有传真那份该死的名单 |
[19:12] | And I didn’t turn you in. | 我也没出卖你 |
[19:13] | Then why was I just suspended, Mike? | 那为什么我被停职了 迈克 |
[19:15] | All I know is that I gave Louis a stack of briefs | 我只知道 我给了路易一摞摘要 |
[19:17] | and there was some fax with your confidential code on it. | 里面有印着你机要密码的传真 |
[19:19] | Do you think that if I was gonna leak firm documents, | 如果我要泄露公司文件 |
[19:21] | I’d be dumb enough to fax them with my own code? | 我会笨到在传真上用自己的密码吗 |
[19:23] | No, I don’t, | 我知道你不会 |
[19:24] | but whoever did this must have framed you. | 但是不管是谁做的 一定栽赃给了你 |
[19:26] | Yeah, well, it worked. | 是啊 他成功了 |
[19:27] | Rachel, look, you just– they’re gonna investigate this. | 瑞秋 听着 他们会对此展开调查的 |
[19:30] | They’re gonna clear your name, you know that. | 他们会还你清白的 你知道的 |
[19:31] | I’ve worked there for five years, | 我在那里工作了五年 |
[19:34] | and this is how they treat me? | 他们就这么对待我 |
[19:35] | I’m suspended, Mike. | 我被停职了 迈克 |
[19:37] | I’m probably gonna be fired. | 很有可能还会被解雇 |
[19:39] | I should sue them. | 我该告他们的 |
[19:40] | Okay, let’s not do anything rash, okay? | 别那么冲动好吗 |
[19:42] | It’s not rash. It’s standing up for myself. | 这不是冲动 我只是要为自己讨个公道 |
[19:44] | Rachel, you– | 瑞秋 你 |
[19:46] | You’re over-react– | 你反应过度了 |
[20:00] | Excuse me. | 打扰一下 |
[20:02] | You wouldn’t happen to know what sort of wine | 你该不会恰好知道什么葡萄酒 |
[20:04] | pairs well with a duck l’orange, would you? | 配鲜橙焗鸭最好吧 |
[20:06] | Try something with a full fruit flavor, | 试试全果味的吧 |
[20:07] | like a cabernet sauvignon. | 比如赤霞珠 |
[20:09] | Eh, sauvignons are a little bit oaky for my palate. | 赤霞珠对我来说有点清淡 |
[20:14] | This article right here | 这儿正好有篇文章 |
[20:15] | is all about the resurgence of pinot noir. | 是关于黑比诺葡萄酒重获青睐的 |
[20:23] | You know, you could just pay me right out in public. | 你知道 你完全能在大庭广众下付我钱 |
[20:27] | But then I wouldn’t feel like James Bond. | 可是那样我就不像007了 |
[20:29] | Oh, who’s that make me? | 这么说的话 我又像谁呢 |
[20:30] | Pussy Galore. | 普茜·葛罗尔[007之金手指中的邦女郎] |
[20:32] | Octopussy? | 奥科托普茜[007之八爪女的邦女郎] |
[20:33] | That’s enough, Harvey. | 行了 哈维 |
[20:36] | What do you have for me? | 你给我带了什么来 |
[20:37] | Nothing. On paper, Tanner’s clean. | 没什么 表面上看坦纳没什么问题 |
[20:39] | He may break the rules, but he covers his tracks. | 他也许不按规矩办事 但没留下证据 |
[20:42] | You’ve never come up empty for me before. | 你可从没两手空空地来找过我 |
[20:44] | I didn’t this time either. | 这次也不例外 |
[20:47] | Tanner booked a conference room | 坦纳在沃尔多夫酒店订了间会议室 |
[20:48] | at the Waldorf tomorrow at noon. | 明天中午用 |
[20:50] | Divide and conquer. | 分而治之 各个击破 |
[20:52] | He’s gonna gather my plaintiffs, | 他要叫来所有原告 |
[20:54] | scare them, and then give them a lowball offer. | 吓唬他们 然后给他们一个极低的报价 |
[20:58] | And that’s illegal. | 但这么做是违法的 |
[21:01] | What? | 怎么了 |
[21:03] | You’ve used me for a lot of things. | 你让我为你做过许多事 |
[21:05] | You’ve never asked me to investigate | 但你从没让我 |
[21:06] | another attorney before. | 去调查另一个律师 |
[21:08] | This guy’s good. | 这家伙有点本事 |
[21:10] | If he called your plaintiffs, | 如果他给你的原告打电话 |
[21:11] | I can get his phone records to prove it. | 我能搞到他的通话记录来证明这一点 |
[21:13] | He didn’t make those calls himself. | 他不会亲自给他们打电话的 |
[21:15] | He’s not gonna be at the Waldorf either tomorrow. | 他明天也不会去沃尔多夫酒店 |
[21:19] | But I will. | 不过我会去 |
[21:27] | Donna, can you tell me | 唐娜 你能不能告诉我 |
[21:29] | about these confidential employee codes | 路易说的瑞秋用来 |
[21:31] | that Louis says Rachel used to fax the witness list | 把证人名单传真到韦克菲尔德·凯蒂律所的 |
[21:33] | over to Wakefield-Cady? | 员工个人代码是怎么回事 |
[21:34] | I have a thousand things to do before lunch. | 我在午饭前有很多事要做 |
[21:36] | Hold Mike’s hand while he crosses the street, | 拉着年幼迈克的手过马路 |
[21:38] | not one of them. | 可不在其中 |
[21:39] | Donna, this one’s for Rachel. | 唐娜 这次是为了瑞秋 |
[21:41] | What do you need? | 你需要什么 |
[21:41] | I know we use the billing codes to charge the clients, | 我知道我们用账单代码来向客户收费 |
[21:43] | but what do we use the employee codes for? | 但员工个人代码是干嘛用的 |
[21:45] | They’re special codes for when you need to use | 那是一些特殊的代码 |
[21:46] | the firm’s resources for personal reasons. | 让你可以用公司的资源来办私事 |
[21:48] | We can do that? | 我们还能这么做 |
[21:49] | – You can’t, but Rachel can. – Why? | -你不行 但是瑞秋可以 -为什么 |
[21:52] | Because a fifth-year paralegal | 因为对公司来说 一个入职五年的 |
[21:53] | is more valuable to the firm than a first-year associate. | 律师助理比一个刚入行的助理律师更重要 |
[21:55] | Okay, so do you have a personal code? | 好吧 那你有个人代码吗 |
[21:58] | – I have two. – So where do you get them? | -我有两个 -你是从哪儿弄到的 |
[22:00] | They’re generated by the I.T. Department. | 是由I.T.部门发给我们的 |
[22:03] | We have an I.T. Department? | 我们还有I.T.部门 |
[22:04] | The computers don’t run themselves. | 这些电脑又不会自己运行 |
[22:06] | At least until skynet goes active. | 至少在天网变活跃之前不会 |
[22:09] | Sarah Connor. | 莎拉·康纳说的[终结者2中男主的母亲] |
[22:13] | No. | 太烂了 |
[22:14] | – No, I’ll work on that. – Really bad. | -糗了 我得再练练 -太烂了 |
[22:24] | What? | 什么 |
[22:33] | Uh, hi, excuse me. I’m looking for Benjamin. | 你好 打扰一下 我想找本杰明 |
[22:36] | You found him. | 哥就是 |
[22:37] | Oh, great, I’m Mike Ross. | 那太好了 我是迈克·罗斯 |
[22:38] | We just spoke on the phone. | 我们刚刚通过电话 |
[22:40] | Man, this place is like Battlestar Galactica. | 老天 这地方就像《银河战星》里的航母 |
[22:42] | Where do you guys keep the cylons? | 你们把机器人放在哪儿 |
[22:45] | Pearson-Hardman takes care of us | 皮尔逊·哈德曼律所照顾我们的生意 |
[22:46] | because we’re on call 24/7. | 因为我们二十四小时随传随到 |
[22:48] | If a server goes down | 如果服务器出现故障 |
[22:49] | or a partner’s computer crashes, | 或是哪个合伙人的电脑出了问题 |
[22:51] | people die. | 这是生死攸关的事情 |
[22:54] | That’s a little dramatic, don’t you think, Ben? | 这有点夸张了 你不觉得吗 本 |
[22:56] | It’s Benjamin. | 叫我本杰明 |
[22:57] | I’m sure you don’t like it when people call you Mike. | 我敢说你肯定不喜欢别人叫你迈克 |
[22:59] | Actually, I prefer Mike. | 事实上 我更喜欢别人叫我迈克 |
[23:00] | Well, Mike, six months ago | 好吧 迈克 六个月前我在 |
[23:03] | I was at Connolly White, the network went haywire, | 康纳利·怀特律所 他们的网络故障 |
[23:05] | and we were in a breach of contract litigation | 我们当时正在做一个价值四亿美元的 |
[23:07] | worth $400 million. | 违约诉讼 |
[23:09] | They needed it fixed in an hour. | 需要在一小时内排除故障 |
[23:11] | No one thought it could be done. | 大家都认为这是不可能的 |
[23:12] | I had the network up and running again in 23 minutes. | 但是我只用了二十三分钟就使之起死回生 |
[23:15] | Is that dramatic enough for you? | 你觉得这够夸张不 |
[23:16] | Wow, you’re like a regular Zuckerberg. | 哇 你就像是现实中的扎克伯格 |
[23:18] | Z-zuckerberg? | 扎克伯格[美国Facebook创始人] |
[23:21] | Zuckerberg couldn’t code his way out of a paper bag. | 扎克伯格那技术给我打下手都不够 |
[23:25] | You called about the employee codes. | 你打电话是为了员工个人代码的事 |
[23:26] | You’re a first year. You can’t have one, sorry. | 你今年刚来 没有代码 不好意思 |
[23:29] | Okay, well, I don’t need one. | 好吧 其实 我也不需要 |
[23:31] | I just want to know if it’s possible | 我只想知道有没有可能 |
[23:32] | for someone to gain access to somebody else’s code. | 有人能拿到别人的代码 |
[23:36] | Sure. For one person, me. | 当然 只有一个人可以 就是我 |
[23:37] | I have access to all of the codes. | 我可以拿到所有人的代码 |
[23:39] | Okay, so in your short tenure here, | 好吧 那在你为这里工作的短暂时间里 |
[23:42] | has anyone ever asked you for access | 有没有人曾从你这里 |
[23:44] | to someone else’s code? | 拿到过别人的代码 |
[23:47] | Once. Last week. | 有过一回 就在上个礼拜 |
[23:49] | – Who? – I can’t tell you that. | -谁 -我不能告诉你 |
[23:51] | Why not? | 为什么不能 |
[23:52] | I.T. Officer/Client Privilege. | I.T.员工与客户保密协议 |
[23:54] | Does that even exist, Ben? | 有这玩意儿吗 本 |
[23:56] | It does in here. | 我心里有 |
[24:00] | All right, Ben, why don’t we make a bet? | 好吧 本 我们来打个赌 |
[24:06] | I think you mean a wager, Michael. | 我想你是说要下个注 迈克 |
[24:09] | Yeah, sure. | 对 没错 |
[24:10] | I’m gonna tell you every single number on this piece of paper, | 如果我能说对这张纸上的所有数字 |
[24:13] | and you’re gonna give me that name. | 你就告诉我那个人是谁 |
[24:16] | And if you can’t? | 如果你说错了呢 |
[24:17] | Then I’m gonna give you this check for 10 grand. | 那我就给你这张一万美元的支票 |
[24:23] | You get one number, one comma, one decimal point wrong, | 你说错一个数字 一个逗号或是小数点 |
[24:26] | and that money is mine. | 那钱就归我了 |
[24:30] | Oh, and when I win, | 对了 要是我赢了 |
[24:31] | I’ll also take one of those computers. | 我还要一台那样的电脑 |
[24:32] | And for the record, | 还有 告诉你 |
[24:34] | there’s not a single comma on there. | 那上面一个逗号也没有 |
[24:38] | You ready? | 你准备好了没 |
[24:44] | Rachel, it’s Mike. | 瑞秋 我是迈克 |
[24:46] | I figured out who leaked the list to Wakefield-Cady. | 我查出是谁把名单泄露给韦克菲尔德·凯蒂律所了 |
[24:49] | It was Louis. Call me back. | 是路易干的 给我回电话 |
[25:06] | Hi, I’m Rachel Zane. I’m here for my job interview. | 你好 我是瑞秋·赞恩 我来面试 |
[25:09] | – Welcome to Wakefield-Cady. – Thank you. | -欢迎来到韦克菲尔德·凯蒂律所 -谢谢 |
[25:16] | Okay, as soon as we get inside | 好 我们进去后 |
[25:18] | I need you to find every plaintiff you interviewed | 我要你找到跟你谈过话的所有原告 |
[25:20] | and tell them they’re here under false pretenses. | 告诉他们那人把找他们来是一种欺诈行为 |
[25:22] | – Done. – Kenny’s meeting us here. | -没问题 -肯尼会在这儿跟我们碰头 |
[25:24] | We need him to identify the man who came to see him, | 我们需要他来辨认那个去找他的人 |
[25:27] | and we’re gonna wait for that guy to approach | 然后就等着他接近 |
[25:29] | any of our plaintiffs. | 我们的任一个原告 |
[25:30] | And if we connect that guy to Tanner, | 如果我们能证明那个人和坦纳有联系 |
[25:31] | then we have him on criminal intimidation. | 我们就可以告他刑事恐吓 |
[25:33] | And Emerson Petroleum will have no choice but to settle. | 这样一来 爱默生石油公司只能选择和解 |
[25:35] | Hey, Kenny. Good to see you. | 你好 肯尼 见到你很高兴 |
[25:38] | This is gonna be fun. | 今天有好戏看了 |
[25:42] | You were right. | 你说的没错 |
[25:43] | He called every one of them. | 他把所有人都叫来了 |
[25:46] | You see the guy? | 看见去找你的那人了吗 |
[25:48] | No. | 没有 |
[25:49] | Start looking. | 好好找找 |
[25:51] | Hey, wait a minute. | 等一下 |
[25:53] | Mrs. Williams, do you remember me? | 威廉姆斯夫人 还记得我吗 |
[25:55] | I’m Mike Ross, from the office. | 我是迈克·罗斯 律所的员工 |
[25:57] | I remember you. | 我记得你 |
[25:58] | Do you mind if I ask you what you’re doing here today? | 我能问问您您今天怎么会来这儿吗 |
[26:00] | We were invited to come and hear a settlement offer. | 我们被请来听取和解的报价 |
[26:03] | Really? | 这样啊 |
[26:05] | Um, excuse me just for a minute. | 不好意思 我得走开一会儿 |
[26:10] | He came here himself. | 他亲自来了 |
[26:11] | Big mistake. | 他犯了个大错 |
[26:14] | Sorry to ruin your little brunch, | 虽然我不想搞砸你的午餐 |
[26:16] | but I think you know damn well | 但我想你很清楚 |
[26:18] | that you can’t legally address my clients. | 你私下联络我的委托人是违法的 |
[26:20] | Hey, I just came for the juice. | 我来这儿只是为了喝点果汁 |
[26:25] | Pulp free. | 纯果汁哦 |
[26:26] | I know I can’t talk to your clients directly. | 我知道我不能直接跟你的委托人谈话 |
[26:29] | But thank God you’re here, Harv. | 不过谢天谢地你也在这儿 哈维 |
[26:31] | Because what I can do is I can talk to you. | 因为我可以跟你谈话 |
[26:36] | Harvey, Emerson Petroleum | 哈维 爱默生石油公司 |
[26:38] | is offering $25,000 to each and every one of your clients. | 会赔偿你的每一位委托人两万五千美元 |
[26:43] | They don’t take that, | 如果他们不接受的话 |
[26:44] | this trial stretches out for years. | 这场官司会持续好几年 |
[26:46] | Cross-examinations will be brutal. | 盘问会毫不留情 |
[26:48] | You take our settlement, | 但是如果你们肯接受 |
[26:50] | and this whole thing will be gone tomorrow. | 整个事情明天就雨过天晴了 |
[26:54] | Now if any of your clients | 如果你的任何一位委托人 |
[26:57] | want to get in touch with me, | 想联系我的话 |
[26:59] | here’s my number. | 这是我的电话号码 |
[27:05] | Mr. Ross. | 罗斯先生 |
[27:08] | Harvey. | 哈维 |
[27:10] | Erase that number. | 把那号码擦了 |
[27:13] | You’re not gonna get away with what you’re doing. | 出来混总是要还的 这你还是知道的吧 |
[27:15] | You know that, right? | 这你心里清楚吧 |
[27:16] | What? | 怎么了 |
[27:17] | I just addressed you with a raised voice. | 我不过是高声跟你说话而已 |
[27:19] | Sometimes my ears aren’t so good. | 我耳朵有时不太灵光 |
[27:21] | If other people heard me, I apologize, Harvey. | 要是别人听到我的话 那抱歉了 哈维 |
[27:23] | I’m just glad you were smart enough | 我很高兴你的足智多谋 |
[27:25] | to figure out I booked the Waldorf. | 帮你查到我预订了沃尔多夫酒店 |
[27:28] | Mmm, I think I need to take this. | 我得接这个电话 |
[27:32] | I’m guessing it’s one of your clients | 我想是你哪位客户 |
[27:34] | wanting to take my settlement offer. | 打算接受我的和解条款了 |
[27:36] | Hello. | 你好 |
[27:38] | Tanner. I’m coming after you. | 坦纳 我要追你到天涯海角 |
[27:42] | Oh, I got your number. | 没错 我有你电话 |
[27:58] | Plaintiffs are scared. | 原告都害怕了 |
[27:59] | They’re talking about accepting Tanner’s lowball offer. | 他们都考虑要接受坦纳的低额条款 |
[28:04] | Those floodgates open and we’re done. | 这道闸门一开 我们将溃不成军 |
[28:06] | That’s why I went to go see Clarkson. | 所以我去找了克拉克森 |
[28:07] | The legal finance guys? | 法律财务部的那个吗 |
[28:08] | If we can get our plaintiffs a loan | 如果我们能帮原告贷到款 |
[28:10] | against a future jury award, | 资助他们将来的诉讼费用 |
[28:11] | it’ll close the floodgates and buy us more time. | 闸门就会关上 也为我们赢得时间 |
[28:14] | Those loans aren’t cheap, Harvey. | 这种贷款可不是小数目 哈维 |
[28:15] | Well, it’s better than settling for pennies on the dollar. | 总比他们为了点小钱就答应和解强 |
[28:19] | – Then do it. – I tried, | -那去办吧 -我试过了 |
[28:21] | but they won’t give us anything without collateral. | 但没有担保金他们一毛不拔 |
[28:24] | They don’t think you can win. | 他们觉得你赢不了 |
[28:26] | They’re wrong. | 庸人之见 |
[28:27] | That’s what I like to hear. | 这话我爱听 |
[28:30] | I need a million dollars to get that loan. | 我需要一百万才能拿到贷款 |
[28:32] | Are you talking about firm money? | 你是想公司掏钱吗 |
[28:34] | – Yeah. – No way that happens. | -正是 -门都没有 |
[28:36] | You don’t think I’m a good bet? | 你也不敢在我身上下注吗 |
[28:37] | That has nothing to do with it. | 跟那个无关 |
[28:38] | This was your case. | 这原来还是你的案子呢 |
[28:39] | And I gave it to you to win. | 可我交给你来做制胜一击 |
[28:41] | Which I will do if you just show some faith in me. | 这我能够胜任 只要你给我点信心 |
[28:43] | You can have my faith, | 信心可以给你 |
[28:45] | But you’re not getting my money. | 但钱不能 |
[28:59] | What are you doing here? | 你在这儿干嘛 |
[29:00] | I left you three messages. | 我给你留了三条信息了 |
[29:02] | Louis framed you. We can take him down. | 是路易陷害你 我们可以拿下他 |
[29:04] | I don’t want to take him down, Mike. | 我不想拿下他 迈克 |
[29:05] | Why not? | 为什么 |
[29:06] | Because I want a fresh start. | 因为我想重新开始 |
[29:07] | So you don’t wanna work at Pearson-Hardman anymore? | 那你不想在皮尔逊·哈德曼律所工作了吗 |
[29:10] | I applied for a job at Wakefield-Cady. | 我已经在韦克菲尔德·凯蒂律所面试了 |
[29:12] | They offered it to me in the room. | 他们当场就录用我了 |
[29:13] | I start Monday. | 我周一上班 |
[29:14] | You took a job at the company | 你跑去那里工作 |
[29:16] | that ended up with the leaked list? | 他们手里有泄露名单啊 |
[29:18] | Do you know what that looks like? | 你知道这看上去像什么吗 |
[29:19] | I don’t care what it looks like. | 我才不在乎呢 |
[29:20] | I’m not guilty, and I need a job. | 我没做错什么 我还需要工作 |
[29:22] | So the going gets rough, and you just quit? | 这么说你凡事都要知难而退 |
[29:24] | No, I’m not quitting. I was fired, remember? | 我不是主动离开的 我是被解雇了 |
[29:26] | No, you were suspended, | 不 你被停职了 |
[29:28] | And you could still save your job. | 你还能保住你的工作 |
[29:29] | If Louis wants me gone, I’m gone. | 路易想撵我走 我也不强留 |
[29:31] | Rachel, Louis tried to frame me once, | 瑞秋 路易还陷害过我 |
[29:32] | And I fought back. | 而我还击了 |
[29:33] | Why aren’t you doing the same thing? | 你为什么不能这样呢 |
[29:35] | Because except for you, | 因为除了你 |
[29:36] | no one from Pearson-Hardman has contacted me at all. | 皮尔逊·哈德曼律所再没第二个人关心我 |
[29:39] | Why would I fight to stay there? | 我为什么还要拼命留在那儿 |
[29:40] | They’re accusing me of spilling secrets? | 他们说我泄露机密 |
[29:43] | I’ll show ’em spilling secrets. | 我就泄露一个给他们瞧瞧 |
[29:45] | I’ll tell Wakefield-Cady everything. | 我会把一切都告诉韦克菲尔德·凯蒂律所 |
[29:47] | I may not have a photographic memory, Mike, | 我做不到过目不忘 迈克 |
[29:49] | but I sure as hell know a lot. | 但我也知道不少 |
[29:53] | Rachel. | 瑞秋 |
[30:02] | Moneypenny. | 钱班尔[007电影里M夫人的秘书] |
[30:03] | – Don’t call me that. – Why not? | -别那么喊我 -为什么 |
[30:05] | Because she had a thing for him. | 因为她喜欢他[邦德] |
[30:07] | This is the other way around. | 我们正好相反 |
[30:08] | You don’t like me? | 你不喜欢我吗 |
[30:10] | Like you enough to give you this. | 不喜欢你还会给你这个吗 |
[30:12] | What’s that? | 这是什么 |
[30:14] | I tapped the phones at Emerson Petroleum. | 我窃听了爱默生石油公司的电话 |
[30:16] | This is a conference call between Travis Tanner | 这是特拉维斯·坦纳和几位 |
[30:18] | and several high-ranking Emerson executives. | 爱默生高管之间的电话会议 |
[30:21] | I hope they’re talking about more than just the weather. | 希望他们除了天气还聊别的了 |
[30:22] | They’re talking about Tanner intimidating your client. | 他们还谈坦纳胁迫你客户的事了 |
[30:24] | Both you and I know that without a warrant | 你我都心知肚明 没有搜查令 |
[30:26] | this recording’s not admissible in court. | 这通录音是不被法庭接受的 |
[30:27] | It is if you testify that you don’t know where it came from. | 如果你作证说录音来源不明就可以了 |
[30:32] | Why’d you do this? | 你为什么这么帮我 |
[30:35] | Because you need it. | 因为你需要 |
[30:38] | I’m not gonna commit perjury to win a case. | 我不会为了赢得案子而作伪证的 |
[30:48] | Oh, weird, look what I found. | 好奇怪啊 看我找到了什么 |
[30:53] | You are a prince among men. | 你真是一群黑脸胖子里的白马王子 |
[30:55] | I don’t understand why you use skim milk | 我真不懂你为什么加脱脂牛奶 |
[30:57] | and then put whipped cream and sugar in it. | 再放鲜奶油和糖 |
[31:00] | Because I use skim milk, | 因为我加的是脱脂牛奶 |
[31:02] | I can put whipped cream and sugar in it. | 所以我能放鲜奶油和糖 |
[31:08] | What’s wrong? | 怎么了 |
[31:09] | – Can we talk for a second? – Yeah. | -我们能谈谈吗 -行啊 |
[31:13] | Last week Louis got Rachel’s confidential code | 上周路易从信息技术部 |
[31:16] | from the I.T. Department. | 拿到了瑞秋的内部密码 |
[31:18] | And? | 然后呢 |
[31:20] | And it’s a smoking gun. | 然后这就是铁证啊 |
[31:22] | He’s the one that set her up. | 是他陷害了她 |
[31:23] | Why would Louis betray the firm? | 路易为什么要背叛公司啊 |
[31:25] | I don’t know, maybe he’s still upset | 我哪知道 或许他对没当上资深合伙人 |
[31:27] | that he got passed over for senior partner | 一事还耿耿于怀 |
[31:29] | and leaked the list before he jumped ship. | 于是弃船告别前就泄露了名单 |
[31:31] | Mike, Louis is a lot of things, but he’s not a traitor. | 迈克 路易万般不是 也不是叛徒 |
[31:34] | That man bleeds Pearson-Hardman. | 他流的是皮尔逊·哈德曼律所的血 |
[31:36] | He’s probably wearing | 他这会儿大概 |
[31:36] | Pearson-Hardman underwear right now. | 就穿着皮尔逊·哈德曼律所 的内裤呢 |
[31:38] | I went to the tennis club with him. | 我跟他去过网球俱乐部 |
[31:40] | Trust me, he doesn’t wear underwear. | 听我的 他不穿内裤的 |
[31:42] | I care about Rachel too. | 我也在乎瑞秋 |
[31:44] | Louis didn’t do this. | 但这不是路易干的 |
[31:47] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[31:51] | And if you ever mention | 还有 如果你再向我提及 |
[31:52] | Louis’ underwear situation to me again– | 路易穿什么内衣 |
[31:54] | You’re the one that brought it up. | 是你提起来的 |
[31:55] | – Go. – Okay. | -消失 -遵命 |
[32:00] | 74 plaintiffs. | 共有74名原告 |
[32:02] | I can’t believe they’re willing to cave for $25,000. | 真不敢相信他们会为了两万五屈服 |
[32:05] | Slow down. | 别着急 |
[32:05] | We need to figure out how to beat Tanner. | 我们得想办法击败坦纳 |
[32:08] | Guy’s been a step ahead of me this entire time. | 我一直被这家伙牵着鼻子走 |
[32:10] | – It’s pretty obvious why. – Why? | -原因很明显嘛 -什么原因 |
[32:13] | You told me that you knew he’d go to Kenny | 你跟我说你知道他会去找肯尼 |
[32:15] | because that’s what you’d do, | 是因为换了你也会这么做 |
[32:16] | if you were willing to go out of bounds. | 前提是你愿意做出格的事的话 |
[32:18] | You anticipated him by thinking about what you’d do. | 你是通过想你自己的招数来预测他的脚步 |
[32:22] | And? | 继续说 |
[32:23] | And that’s exactly what he’s doing to you. | 而他也是这么预测你的 |
[32:25] | Maybe the only way to get ahead of this guy | 或许你想走在这家伙前面 |
[32:26] | is to, I don’t know, think about what you wouldn’t do. | 就得想想你不会做什么 |
[32:31] | Surprise myself. I like that. | 出其不意 这点子好 |
[32:34] | You’re welcome. | 不客气 |
[32:35] | You wanna tell me what you’re doing? | 你想告诉我你有什么打算吗 |
[32:37] | Nope. | 不要 |
[32:38] | Doesn’t seem fair to the person whose idea it was. | 这对想出这个点子的人不太公平啊 |
[32:41] | You’re gone. | 我对空气弹琴呢 |
[32:47] | – You wanted to talk, talk. – I did. | -你想跟我谈 说吧 -我是想谈 |
[32:49] | I want to put this competition aside, | 我想把我们之间的争斗放下 |
[32:52] | call it a draw. | 就算我们平手 |
[32:54] | Tapping out, Harv? | 打退堂鼓了 哈维 |
[32:55] | This isn’t about that. | 那个不是重点 |
[32:57] | This is about real people. | 这些活生生的人才是重点 |
[32:58] | You make them a reasonable offer, | 你给他们个合理的出价 |
[33:01] | I’ll get them to take it. | 我会让他们接受的 |
[33:02] | Real people? | 活生生的人 |
[33:03] | You’re standing there in a $12,000 suit | 你穿着一万二的西装站在那儿 |
[33:05] | asking me not to do my job. | 指使我消极怠工 |
[33:08] | You care so much about those real people, | 你那么关心活生生的人 |
[33:09] | I suggest you give them your lunch money | 那就把你的午饭钱给他们吧 |
[33:12] | but don’t ask me for mine. | 但别来要我的 |
[33:19] | Vanessa, I’m gonna need that wiretap after all. | 凡妮莎 我到底还是需要那盘窃听带 |
[33:25] | – Is there any more of that? – Last cup. | -还有咖啡吗 -最后一杯 |
[33:28] | – Did you make– – Nope. | -那你煮… -没 |
[33:30] | Dude, that’s common courtesy. | 老兄 这是基本礼貌 |
[33:32] | You finish a pot, you make another one. | 你喝完一壶 就再煮一点 |
[33:34] | You gonna turn me into Louis if I don’t? | 我不做你要去找路易打小报告吗 |
[33:36] | Hmm? Get me fired too? | 让我也被炒了 |
[33:40] | Michael. | 迈克 |
[33:43] | Benjamin, you got something for me? | 本杰明 你有东西给我吗 |
[33:45] | Wager’s a wager, fair is fair. | 愿赌服输 公平合理 |
[33:48] | Here’s your GX-9000. | 这是你的GX-9000 |
[33:49] | You’re a good man. | 你是个好人 |
[33:50] | Use it for porn, and I’ll know. | 你用它看毛片 我会知道的 |
[33:54] | Weird. | 好奇怪 |
[33:55] | Hey, Louis, how you doing? | 路易 你好啊 |
[33:59] | Why did Benjamin just call you Louis? | 本杰明刚刚为什么叫你路易 |
[34:02] | I don’t know. Made a mistake. | 不知道 叫错了吧 |
[34:10] | No, he didn’t. | 他没叫错 |
[34:14] | He called you Louis because he thinks you are Louis. | 他叫你路易因为他认为你就是路易 |
[34:16] | Because you posed as Louis | 是你谎称自己是路易 |
[34:18] | to get Rachel’s employee code, | 骗取瑞秋的员工代码 |
[34:20] | didn’t you? | 不是吗 |
[34:23] | Look, Mike, it’s not what you think. | 听着 迈克 事实不是你想的那样 |
[34:25] | It’s exactly what I think. | 事实就是如此 |
[34:29] | Go on. Start talking, Jimmy, | 如实交待吧 吉米 |
[34:31] | or I’ll get get Benjamin | 不然我叫上本杰明 |
[34:32] | and we can all go see Jessica together. | 我们一起去见杰西卡 |
[34:35] | Listen, | 听着 |
[34:38] | Wakefield Cady offered me a junior partnership | 韦克菲尔德·凯蒂答应让我做初级合伙人 |
[34:40] | if I leaked the witness list. | 只要我泄露证人名单 |
[34:42] | No, no, listen, Mike. | 迈克 听我说 |
[34:43] | I have huge law school debts. | 因为上法学院我背了一身债 |
[34:46] | Okay? I mean, don’t you? | 这点你肯定能明白 |
[34:49] | I can’t wait for Pearson Hardman | 我没法坐等皮尔逊·哈德曼 |
[34:50] | to make me a partner. | 升我做合伙人 |
[34:51] | So what are you still doing here then? | 那你还待在这儿做什么 |
[34:57] | After I gave them the list, | 我把名单交给他们后 |
[34:58] | they reneged on the offer. | 他们反悔了 |
[35:00] | Big surprise. | 世事难料 |
[35:01] | I didn’t see that one coming. | 还真没想到他们会用这招 |
[35:04] | Just don’t turn me in, Mike, please. | 别告发我 迈克 求你了 |
[35:08] | I came from nothing. | 我家境贫寒 |
[35:11] | I worked my ass off to get into Harvard Law | 拼死拼活才上了哈佛法学院 |
[35:13] | and become an associate here. | 好不容易成为这儿的律师 |
[35:15] | You know who else worked their ass off? | 你知道谁也一样拼死拼活吗 |
[35:18] | Rachel Zane, the paralegal who got fired | 瑞秋·赞恩 因为你的所作所为 |
[35:21] | because of what you did. | 而被解雇的律师助理 |
[35:22] | I didn’t know it was her code. | 我并不知道用的她的代码 |
[35:24] | I just needed some numbers, man. | 只是需要使用些号码 兄弟 |
[35:26] | I didn’t think I was gonna get caught. | 我没想到会被发现 |
[35:29] | Look, Mike, I made one mistake. | 迈克 我犯了个错误 |
[35:30] | Okay? | 好吗 |
[35:32] | I mean, haven’t you ever cut some corners, | 难道你不曾铤而走险 |
[35:35] | done some things you regretted? | 做出后悔的事吗 |
[35:44] | Jimmy, I like you, man, okay? | 吉米 我并不是针对你 好吗 |
[35:47] | But to clear Rachel’s name, | 但要还瑞秋清白 |
[35:49] | they have to know she wasn’t the one. | 必须让他们知道内奸另有其人 |
[35:53] | If you come forward, | 如果你主动承认 |
[35:55] | maybe they fire you. | 他们顶多解雇你 |
[35:57] | If I turn you in, | 可如果你是被我告发的 |
[35:59] | it’s gonna follow you for the rest of your career. | 这就永远是你职业生涯中的污点 |
[36:02] | It’s up to you. | 你自己决定 |
[36:11] | Harvey, I’m gonna do you a favor. | 哈维 我想帮你一个忙 |
[36:13] | Why don’t you tell Mike Ross to take a hike? | 为何不让迈克·罗斯出去散个步 |
[36:16] | He can stay. | 他可以待着 |
[36:18] | Okay. | 好的 |
[36:22] | You see, 95 of your plaintiffs | 你的原告中有九十五人 |
[36:25] | have already called me about the settlement. | 已经打过电话咨询和解的情况 |
[36:27] | It’s just a matter of time | 其他人明白利害关系 |
[36:28] | before the rest of them see the light. | 也只是早晚而已 |
[36:29] | I win. | 我赢了 |
[36:30] | I don’t know the last time you checked, | 我不知道你这信息是什么时候的 |
[36:32] | but as of this morning | 但据我所知 今天早上 |
[36:33] | all 200 of my plaintiffs are staying with me. | 我的两百名原告依然坚持诉讼到底 |
[36:36] | Bullshit. | 胡扯 |
[36:37] | I got them an advance against their settlement. | 我给他们预支了一笔胜过和解的金额 |
[36:39] | No finance company in their right mind | 没有哪家正常的金融机构 |
[36:40] | will back your suit. | 会给你的诉讼做担保 |
[36:42] | I don’t know if they taught you math at Yale, | 我不知道耶鲁是否有教你数学 |
[36:45] | but that’s 5 million. | 但这可是五百万 |
[36:46] | $25,000 a plaintiff. | 每名原告两万五美金 |
[36:49] | Exactly what you tried to buy them off for. | 正是你们收买他们的金额 |
[36:52] | You know what this means? | 你知道这意味着什么吗 |
[36:54] | I’m gonna hammer them all one by one, | 我会逐一对付他们 |
[36:57] | break them down, and it’s gonna get ugly. | 个个击破 索性大家都撕破脸 |
[36:59] | No, you’re not. | 不 你不会 |
[37:01] | What the hell is that? | 这是什么 |
[37:03] | It’s a conversation between you and Emerson Petroleum | 你和爱默生石油公司讨论如何派人 |
[37:06] | discussing how you sent a man to intimidate Kenny Verdasco. | 恐吓肯尼·沃达斯科的谈话 |
[37:09] | Take a listen. | 听听吧 |
[37:11] | Don’t worry, it’s not gonna give you cancer. | 放心 不会让你患上癌症 |
[37:13] | No matter what that is, | 不管这是什么 |
[37:14] | it’s not admissible. | 都是法庭不允许采纳的物证 |
[37:16] | Unless of course you had a warrant, which you didn’t. | 除非当然 你有搜查令 而你没有 |
[37:21] | Showed up on my doorstep. | 家门前捡到的 |
[37:23] | And I declared that in this affidavit | 我写了宣誓书以证明它的真实性 |
[37:25] | which I’m about to send to court. | 并将呈送法庭 |
[37:31] | So you’re gonna perjure yourself | 你作伪证 |
[37:33] | just to win this case? | 就是为了赢这案子吗 |
[37:34] | No, I’m not gonna perjure myself. | 不 我不会作伪证 |
[37:36] | Even if I were, | 即使我要作 |
[37:37] | it wouldn’t be just to win this case. | 也不会就为了赢这件案子 |
[37:39] | It’d be to get your ass thrown in jail. | 而是要你身陷囹圄 |
[37:41] | See, you have power of attorney, | 你有律师代理权 |
[37:43] | and you’re gonna accept this settlement, | 你会接受这项协议 |
[37:45] | $2 million a plaintiff. | 每名原告两百万美金 |
[37:47] | You’re gonna take it. | 你不得不接受 |
[37:48] | And you and that shit eating grin | 然后带着你的谄媚嘴脸 |
[37:49] | are gonna fly back to boston | 滚回波士顿 |
[37:51] | and never come back to my town again. | 从我的地盘上永远消失 |
[38:03] | You can use mine. | 你可以用我的 |
[38:22] | Told you I’d get his autograph. | 说了他会签名 |
[38:26] | I can’t believe you. | 真想不到 |
[38:28] | You were gonna perjure yourself just to win. | 你居然会为了赢案子而作伪证 |
[38:29] | I thought you didn’t cross lines. | 我以为你是有底线的 |
[38:31] | That’s the difference between guys like you and him. | 而这正是你和他那种人的区别所在 |
[38:33] | I had no intention of submitting this affidavit. | 我根本不会提交这份宣誓书 |
[38:36] | I’m not gonna perjure myself, | 我不需要作伪证 |
[38:38] | but Tanner doesn’t know that, | 但是坦纳不知道 |
[38:39] | and he never will. | 他也绝不会知道 |
[38:40] | How do you know? | 你怎么知道 |
[38:42] | Because a man who’s willing to break the rules | 因为喜欢不按规矩办事的人 |
[38:43] | can’t imagine someone else wouldn’t. | 无法想象别人也不按规矩 |
[38:45] | You said that you took my advice | 你说你是接受我的建议 |
[38:46] | and that you surprised yourself. | 结果令你自己也很惊讶 |
[38:48] | I did. | 没错 |
[38:49] | That loan I got for the plaintiffs, | 为原告们申请的那笔贷款 |
[38:51] | I put up a million dollars of my own money to get it. | 我自己先砸了一百万美金才拿到的 |
[38:55] | If that’s not having emotion, | 如果这还不叫动感情 |
[38:56] | I don’t know what is. | 那我不知道情为何物了 |
[38:58] | – Get out. – That seemed a little angry. | -走开 -听着有点生气哈 |
[39:01] | Feeling good? Satisfied? Happy? | 开心 满意 还是高兴 |
[39:03] | All right. | 好吧 |
[39:05] | Emotional. | 动情了 |
[39:14] | Okay, maybe a little happy. | 好吧 也许是有点开心 |
[39:21] | $2 million? | 两百万美金 |
[39:22] | Didn’t I tell you he was my right hand? | 不是告诉过你他可是我的得力干将吗 |
[39:24] | – I don’t know what to say. – Don’t say anything. | -我不知道该说什么 -无需多言 |
[39:26] | Tell me what it’s like | 我只想知道大伙儿听到你的好消息后 |
[39:28] | when you deliver this news to everyone. | 高兴的表情 |
[39:29] | Thank you. | 谢谢你 |
[39:36] | Told you I’d win. | 说了我会赢 |
[39:37] | And it’s a good thing too. | 对你也是好事 |
[39:39] | Because if you hadn’t, oh… | 因为你要是输了… |
[39:43] | What, oh? | 什么 |
[39:45] | There’s no way we’re gonna cover that million dollars. | 那一百万美金可没法报销 |
[39:48] | – None of it? – Nope. | -都不能吗 -不行 |
[39:50] | Hey, how’s your shoulder? | 你的肩膀怎么样了 |
[39:51] | Amazing. | 再好不过 |
[40:06] | You called me? | 你找我吗 |
[40:07] | Sure did. | 当然 |
[40:11] | Have a seat. | 请坐 |
[40:12] | I prefer to stand. | 我喜欢站着 |
[40:15] | Fair enough. | 也好 |
[40:19] | Uh, I made a mistake. | 我犯了个错误 |
[40:22] | You were unfairly punished, | 你平白无故受罚 |
[40:24] | and I would like to officially | 而我想正式 |
[40:26] | just welcome you back. | 欢迎你回到公司 |
[40:28] | – Thank you. – You’re welcome. | -谢谢 -不用谢 |
[40:31] | Are you kidding me? | 你开玩笑吧 |
[40:33] | You think I’m gonna make it that easy on you? | 你觉得我会这么容易放过你吗 |
[40:37] | I want a raise. | 我要加薪 |
[40:40] | – 3%. – 10%. | -百分之三 -百分之十 |
[40:43] | – 7%. – 10%. | -百分之七 -百分之十 |
[40:48] | Fine. | 行 |
[40:48] | And Pearson Hardman pays for law school | 而且如果我决定上法学院 |
[40:50] | when I decide to go. | 皮尔逊·哈德曼会报销学费 |
[40:52] | Agreed. | 同意 |
[40:54] | And one more thing. | 还有一件事 |
[40:56] | This should’ve been the first words out of your mouth | 这本该是我走进来时 |
[40:59] | when I walked in here. | 你说的第一句话 |
[41:01] | You need to apologize to me right now, | 你现在得向我道歉 |
[41:05] | or I’m gonna file a lawsuit | 不然我明早一来 |
[41:06] | against you first thing in the morning. | 就让你吃官司 |
[41:10] | You’re right. | 没错 |
[41:11] | I should have apologized. | 我是该道歉 |
[41:13] | But don’t you threaten me. | 但你威胁不了我 |
[41:17] | I followed procedure to the letter, | 我严格按程序办事 |
[41:19] | and you have no basis for a lawsuit. | 你没理由诉讼 |
[41:22] | No, I don’t. | 不 我是没有 |
[41:23] | Not about this. | 这件事是没有 |
[41:25] | But if you don’t think I have a basis | 但如果你认为我来公司的这些年 |
[41:27] | for all the shit you’ve pulled over the years I’ve been here, | 你干的那摊烂事我一点把柄都没有的话 |
[41:32] | Think again. | 那么请再想想 |
[41:37] | I’m sorry. | 抱歉 |
[41:39] | Okay? | 行了吧 |
[41:51] | How’d it go? | 情况如何 |
[41:53] | I don’t know if you had plans tonight, | 我不知道你今晚是否有安排 |
[41:54] | but you’re gonna cancel and help me put | 但你必须取消安排来帮我 |
[41:56] | my office back together. | 收拾办公室 |
[41:57] | Sure thing. | 没问题 |
[41:58] | So long as you don’t quit halfway through. | 只要你别又逢难而退 |
[42:01] | Thank you, Mike. | 谢谢你 迈克 |
[42:04] | Yeah, sure thing. | 不用客气 |
[42:08] | So, where does this go? | 这个东西要放哪 |
[42:11] | Over there. | 那边 |