时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:13] | Hello? | 有人吗 |
[00:16] | I am armed… | 我有武器… |
[00:20] | with a-with a big gun. | 我有枪 |
[00:25] | Oh, my– | 我的… |
[00:26] | Oh, God. | 老天 |
[00:30] | At least do it with a little authority. | 你装也要装得像点儿吧 |
[00:32] | Someone’s going to think I raised a pussy. | 不然别人还以为我养了个小姑娘 |
[00:35] | You scared the crap out of me. | 吓死我了 |
[00:37] | How did you get here? | 你怎么来的 |
[00:39] | I live in a nursing home, not a prison. | 我住的是养老院 又不是监狱 |
[00:42] | They have a shuttle service | 他们提供接送服务 |
[00:44] | and a very muscular driver named Donald. | 司机是个叫唐纳德的猛男 |
[00:47] | Grammy, I’m making a lot of money right now. | 奶奶 我现在赚好多好多钱了 |
[00:48] | I could have sent a car for you. | 我完全可以派车去接你 |
[00:50] | Then, I wouldn’t have gotten | 没关系 那我就没机会 |
[00:51] | to see a very muscular driver named Donald. | 见到那个叫唐纳德的猛男司机了 |
[00:55] | Why didn’t you call? I could have been here. | 怎么不先给我打个电话 我好早点回来 |
[01:02] | Oh, my God. | 老天 |
[01:06] | Our dinner. | 我们的晚餐 |
[01:09] | I have been working so hard, I forgot what day it is. | 最近只顾工作了 忘了今天什么日子了 |
[01:16] | That used to happen to dad. | 以前爸爸就是这样的 |
[01:21] | That’s what happens when you care about your job. | 当你开始热爱这份工作时就会这样 |
[01:25] | And don’t give a rat’s ass about your grandmother. | 不用担心奶奶我 |
[01:29] | Well, yeah, that is why I put you in the home. | 是啊 所以我把你送到养老院去了 |
[01:36] | Good morning, everyone. | 大家早上好 |
[01:38] | Before we get down to business, I would like to offer | 在我们谈公事前 我想对丹尼尔·哈德曼说 |
[01:40] | a big welcome back to Daniel Hardman. | 非常欢迎你回来 |
[01:47] | We’re thrilled to have you home. | 你能回这个大家庭太棒了 |
[01:48] | – Now, moving on… – I’m sorry, Jessica. | -现在开始… -抱歉 杰西卡 |
[01:50] | Before you do that, I want to say one thing. | 在这之前我想说一件事情 |
[01:52] | While I am delighted to be back, | 我很高兴能够回来 |
[01:54] | I want to be clear. Nothing’s changing. | 但我得先把话说清楚 一切照旧 |
[01:55] | Jessica is still the head of this firm. | 杰西卡还是公司的头 |
[01:57] | I’m here in a number two capacity. | 我现在就是她的二把手 |
[02:00] | Just think of me like a seasoned advisor. | 把我看做一个有经验的顾问 |
[02:03] | Like Bill to Hillary if she’d won. | 类似希拉里当选总统后克林顿的角色 |
[02:08] | Thank you, Daniel. Moving on. | 谢谢你 丹尼尔 我们继续 |
[02:10] | Prescott hospitals’ negotiation with their nurses’ union. | 普雷斯科特医院与护士工会的谈判 |
[02:15] | Nobody wants a strike. | 谁都不想看到罢工 |
[02:17] | I’m going to need someone who’s going to bring this home. | 我现在需要一个人处理这个案子 |
[02:18] | – Therefore… – Not to jump in here too quick, | -因此… -我不想显得太心急 |
[02:20] | but I did bring Prescott into the firm. | 但这家医院的业务当初是我揽下的 |
[02:22] | I’m your man. | 我是最合适的人选 |
[02:23] | What I was going to say is I brought Harvey up to | 我正准备说我昨晚就让哈维 |
[02:25] | speed on this last night. | 加班加点准备这个案子 |
[02:27] | – He’s got it covered. – Been prepping all morning. | -他已经准备好了 -一整个早上 |
[02:29] | Really? The whole morning? | 真的吗 一个早上 |
[02:31] | I learn fast. | 我学得快 |
[02:32] | Maybe I could still help. Mind if I take a look? | 也许我还能帮上点忙 我能看看吗 |
[02:33] | Later. | 待会儿吧 |
[02:34] | Jessica likes to keep these meetings headlines only. | 杰西卡习惯在晨会上简明扼要 |
[02:37] | I’ll swing by your office. | 待会儿我去你办公室 |
[02:38] | – Sounds like a plan. – Next order of business. | -没问题 -下一个议题 |
[02:45] | Nurses’ strike assigned to me last night? | 你昨晚把护士罢工的案子交给我了吗 |
[02:48] | Goddamn Daniel. | 可恶的丹尼尔 |
[02:49] | Picked up right where he left off. | 死性不改啊 |
[02:50] | Trying to cut my legs out. | 想夺我的权 |
[02:53] | Why are you grinning? | 笑什么 |
[02:55] | I’m just glad to have someone | 公司里居然还有人 |
[02:56] | in the room who pisses you off more than I do. | 比我更能让你抓狂 有意思 |
[02:58] | You know why I picked you, right? | 你知道我为什么选你的 |
[02:59] | Because you knew I’d roll with your lie. | 因为我能帮你打掩护 |
[03:01] | Because you need a chance to get out of the doghouse. | 因为你需要重新获得我的欢心 |
[03:04] | I got your tea service for you. | 我都为你送端茶倒水了 |
[03:06] | You think that’s going to cut it? | 你以为这就够了吗 |
[03:08] | – What do you want me to do? – Put him in his place. | -你要我做什么 -让他老实下来 |
[03:13] | It’s a can opener. What? | 这是个开瓶器 什么情况 |
[03:15] | Paying for your sins of last night? | 昨晚爽过头了吧 |
[03:19] | – I wish you hadn’t said that. – Why not? | -这话我可不爱听 -为什么 |
[03:20] | ‘Cause I spent the night with my grandmother. | 我昨晚跟我奶奶一起过的 |
[03:23] | – Is she hot? – What is wrong with you? | -她漂亮吗 -你有毛病吧 |
[03:25] | – You started it. – I most certainly did not. | -你起的头 -我才没有呢 |
[03:28] | Prescott hospital. | 普雷斯科特医院的案子 |
[03:29] | I need a complete summary | 我需要护士工会谈判的 |
[03:30] | of their nurses’ union negotiation. | 完整总结 |
[03:32] | From whom? | 在谁手里 |
[03:37] | Rachel? | 瑞秋 |
[03:38] | No. No, it’s too soon. I– | 不行不行 太快了 |
[03:40] | I broke it off before we even started. No. | 我们还没开始就我就提出分手了 不行 |
[03:42] | Tell her about the exciting night | 那你就告诉她 |
[03:43] | you spent with your grandmother. | 你跟你奶奶过了很爽的一夜 |
[03:45] | Trust me. | 相信我 |
[03:45] | She’ll realize she dodged a bullet. | 她会庆幸自己没掉到坑里 |
[03:48] | And I need four bullshit pro bono cases right now. | 我还需要四个无聊的法律援助案 马上 |
[03:51] | I don’t have any pro bono files. | 我手头可没有法律援助案 |
[03:52] | I’m a corporate lawyer. That’s what we do here. | 我是个公司律师 那才是我们的工作 |
[03:59] | I do it on my own time. | 我用个人时间做的 |
[04:00] | – Thanks, Rachel. – Wait a minute. | -谢谢你 瑞秋 -等等 |
[04:03] | Why are you asking me for case files? | 为什么你会来找我要案情资料 |
[04:06] | I’m not allowed to say. | 我不能说 |
[04:08] | Harvey asked Mike, and he was too afraid? | 哈维找迈克要 迈克不敢来找我 |
[04:09] | Like a baby girl. | 就像个小姑娘 |
[04:12] | – You okay? – No. | -你还好吗 -不好 |
[04:13] | But I am too busy to do anything | 但我工作实在太多 |
[04:14] | other than throw myself | 忙的一塌糊涂 |
[04:15] | into this stack of work anyhow. | 实在没功夫想别的 |
[04:17] | Well… | 这样嘛 |
[04:18] | As long as you’re making healthy choices. | 只要你做的是正确的选择就行 |
[04:20] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[04:25] | Make yourself at home. | 请随意 |
[04:26] | You know, I can see myself in this thing. | 我能从里面看到自己的样子 |
[04:28] | I would find that really distracting, of course. | 还真是让人不爽 |
[04:32] | I’m swooning. | 我很惊讶 |
[04:33] | I thought the plan was to meet in your office. | 不是说好去你办公室的吗 |
[04:35] | I thought I’d save us some time. | 还是别耽误时间了 |
[04:39] | This is a child custody dispute. | 这是个关于儿童监护权的纠纷 |
[04:40] | Little Lenny. So sad. | 小莱尼 真让人难过 |
[04:42] | You need props to make your point? | 你这是什么意思 |
[04:44] | You said you changed. | 你不是说你变了吗 |
[04:45] | Why don’t you prove it by doing some good? | 做点好事来证明一下吧 |
[04:47] | Harvey, I have changed. | 哈维 我真的变了 |
[04:49] | But I don’t have to prove anything to you. | 但我不需要向你证明 |
[04:52] | Not as long as you sit in this office | 除非你老老实实坐在这间办公室里 |
[04:54] | and pretend to practice law. | 努力扮演一个执业律师 |
[04:56] | But when you stick your nose in my cases, | 但如果你想对我的案子插一腿 |
[04:59] | that’s another story. | 就另当别论了 |
[05:00] | If you haven’t noticed, my name is on the door. | 不知你看到没有 门上印的是我的名字 |
[05:02] | They’re all my cases. | 这些都是我的案子 |
[05:04] | The name of this firm is Pearson Hardman. | 这家律所的名字叫做皮尔逊·哈德曼 |
[05:06] | You said it yourself, you’re number two. | 你自己说你是二把手的 |
[05:08] | I answer to number one. | 我只服从一把手的命令 |
[05:09] | No matter who you answer to, | 不管你听谁的 |
[05:10] | one way or another, | 无论如何 |
[05:13] | you will learn to treat me with respect. | 你都得学会尊重我 |
[05:16] | Fine. | 没问题 |
[05:19] | I respect you, but I don’t work for you. | 我很尊重你 但我可不为你打工 |
[05:22] | And I sure as hell don’t work with you. | 更不会跟你共事 |
[05:24] | Pick up the phone. Little Lenny deserves the best. | 打电话吧 小莱尼需要一个好律师 |
[06:09] | You know the head of the nurses’ union | 你应该知道护士工会的头头 |
[06:11] | isn’t a lawyer but a nurse, right? | 是个护士而不是律师吧 |
[06:12] | What’s your point? | 你什么意思 |
[06:13] | What if you get schooled by a hot nurse? | 万一你被性感火辣的护士迷住了呢 |
[06:15] | What are you, 12? | 你多大了 12岁 |
[06:17] | What, you can talk about my grandmother, | 你都能拿我奶奶开玩笑 |
[06:18] | – but I can’t make a nurse joke? – Yup. | -我就不能开个护士的玩笑 -没错 |
[06:21] | Actually, I was 12 | 其实我第一次幻想 |
[06:22] | when I had my first caregiver fantasy. | 护士诱惑时的确是12岁 |
[06:23] | Let me guess. Nurse Ratched. | 我猜是护士拉契特 |
[06:25] | Say what you will. | 随你怎么说 |
[06:25] | You had a kind of stocky hotness. | 你就喜欢那种粗壮型的 |
[06:27] | Listen, our goal is to reach a fair agreement | 听好了 我们的目标是让医院和护士工会 |
[06:29] | between a hospital and its nurses. | 达成一个相对合理的协议 |
[06:31] | There are no winners. | 没有什么赢家 |
[06:32] | Did you have a stroke? There’s always a winner. | 你是中风了吗 所有谈判都有赢家 |
[06:36] | Of course there’s a winner. | 当然有赢家 |
[06:37] | Just needed to make sure | 我得确认一下 |
[06:38] | you were ready to stick it to the nurses. | 你舍得向那些护士捅刀子 |
[06:41] | Don’t say it. | 别说话 |
[06:45] | Negotiator number five. | 第五号谈判代表 |
[06:49] | Meet the new boss. Same as the old boss. | 新老板驾到啊 换来换去一个样 |
[06:52] | Jameson was our last negotiator. Trust me. | 詹姆森是我们最后一名谈判代表 我保证 |
[06:55] | I’m not Jameson. | 我不是詹姆森 |
[06:56] | That’s what he said about the one before him. | 他当时说的是一模一样的话 |
[06:57] | You’re all the same to me. | 你们对我们来说没区别 |
[06:59] | I’m over here, you’re over here. | 我在这边 你在那边 |
[07:01] | Well, let’s see if we can’t– | 那就试着看看我们能不能这样 |
[07:04] | You’re going to have to buy me dinner first. | 那你得先请我吃一顿 |
[07:07] | I can do better. | 我有更好的提议 |
[07:09] | You’re expecting me to offer you this. | 你觉得我最多给你这个数 |
[07:11] | You’re willing to settle on this. | 你的底线是这个 |
[07:13] | You’re praying for this. | 你想要这个价 |
[07:14] | Well, your prayers have been answered. | 我们就给你这个价 |
[07:19] | You know, I’ll even buy you breakfast in the morning. | 我还可以帮你带早餐 |
[07:21] | Not so fast, blondie. | 别操之过急 金发美人 |
[07:23] | Prescott Hospitals is hurting as much as anyone else. | 普雷斯科特医院损失也很大 |
[07:26] | You push any harder, | 如果你步步紧逼 |
[07:27] | they’re going to go out of business, and nobody wins. | 医院就会破产 两败俱伤 |
[07:29] | This is the best you’re going to do. | 这是你最好的选择了 |
[07:30] | And it’s a deal you’re ready to take. | 你应该接受这个协议 |
[07:35] | We were ready. | 我们本打算接受 |
[07:36] | But what about the new account you funded yesterday? | 但是昨天建立的新账户是怎么回事 |
[07:39] | Yeah, that’s right. I know about it. | 没错 我已经知道了 |
[07:41] | This isn’t my first rodeo. | 这可不是我第一次罢工 |
[07:43] | Then you also know that money’s off the table. | 那你应该也知道那笔钱跟这件事没关系 |
[07:45] | Money’s fungible. Everything’s on the table. | 钱是可以互换的 所有事都有关系 |
[07:47] | I’m sorry, | 抱歉 |
[07:48] | but that account was funded by donors specifically | 但是那个账户的捐款者明确表明 |
[07:51] | for the development of new robotics for surgery. | 是为了开发新医用机器人所开设的 |
[07:53] | I used to change bedpans for a living, junior. | 我也曾靠换屎盆子挣钱糊口 小屁孩 |
[07:56] | I know what bullshit smells like. | 我很清楚放屁是什么味儿的 |
[07:58] | This isn’t bullshit. | 我不是放屁 |
[07:59] | Even if Prescott wanted to give that money to the nurses, | 即使医院想把钱给护士 |
[08:02] | They couldn’t, legally. | 在法律上也是不允许的 |
[08:03] | So they’re willing to raise money | 这么说 他们愿意为设备筹款 |
[08:05] | for equipment but not nurses? | 却不愿把钱给护士 |
[08:07] | I get it. | 我懂了 |
[08:08] | Nurses are sexy, but nurses aren’t sexy. | 只有A片里的护士才性感 |
[08:11] | Well, you need to find a way to get us access to that money, | 你得找个方法动用那笔钱 |
[08:14] | or we don’t have a deal. | 否则我们没法达成协议 |
[08:16] | That’s not going to happen. | 这不可能 |
[08:18] | Well, then we’re done. | 那就没什么好说的了 |
[08:20] | You leave this table, it means only one thing. | 你离开这张桌子 只会发生一件事 |
[08:22] | I know exactly what it means. | 我很清楚会发生什么 |
[08:24] | We have a fully funded strike fund, | 我们有很殷实的罢工基金 |
[08:26] | and we’re going to use it. | 看来要动用它了 |
[08:28] | We reject your proposal. | 我们拒绝你的提案 |
[08:36] | Reminder: ask Harold to dye his hair. | 提醒:让哈罗德去染头发 |
[08:41] | Orange is the color of a clown. | 只有小丑的头发才是橙色的 |
[08:43] | No, strike that. Harold is a clown. | 不用了 删掉这条 哈罗德就是小丑 |
[08:49] | Annual survey of associates came out. | 本年度助理调查结果出来了 |
[08:52] | Pearson Hardman ranked second to last in quality of life. | 皮尔逊·哈德曼在生活质量方面倒数第二 |
[08:55] | Who beat us? | 谁把最后一名抢走了 |
[08:56] | Louis, I know you take great pride in | 路易 我知道把助理们折磨得痛不欲生 |
[08:58] | making the associates’ lives miserable. | 会让你很有成就感 |
[09:00] | Well, I did until the survey said I was second best at it. | 调查里只排第二 我可没什么成就感 |
[09:02] | You’re missing the point. | 你跑题了 |
[09:04] | Harvard wants to rescind our on-campus recruiting privileges. | 哈佛想取消我们的校园招聘特权 |
[09:08] | What? | 什么 |
[09:11] | Wait. Pearson Hardman is Harvard. | 等等 皮尔逊·哈德曼就是哈佛 |
[09:13] | Harvard is Pearson Hardman. | 哈佛就是皮尔逊·哈德曼啊 |
[09:15] | One can’t survive without the other. | 相互依存 缺一不可 |
[09:17] | There’s no need for histrionics just yet. | 现在表演还为时过早 |
[09:19] | Histrionics? | 表演 |
[09:21] | This is the gravest day I’ve ever known. | 这是最倒霉的一天 |
[09:23] | Jessica, let me handle this. | 杰西卡 交给我处理吧 |
[09:26] | Why do you think I’m here? | 不然我为什么过来 |
[09:30] | Screw you. | 去你的 |
[09:32] | Mine likes to be scolded too. | 我的电脑也该被骂骂了 |
[09:34] | I keep getting these dating site pop-ups. | 它一直弹出交友网站 |
[09:36] | It’s like my computer’s accusing me of being single. | 好像连电脑都在嘲笑我是单身一样 |
[09:39] | Do you know why it’s doing that? | 知道为什么吗 |
[09:41] | My mother’s in there? | 我妈附体吗 |
[09:42] | Did you search for a dating site? | 你是不是搜过交友网站 |
[09:43] | – No. – When? | -没有 -什么时候 |
[09:44] | Last week. | 上周 |
[09:46] | You, me, happy hour, | 和我一起去享受一下快乐时光吧 |
[09:47] | Harvey’s corporate card. | 用哈维的商务卡 |
[09:49] | Are you crazy? | 你疯了吧 |
[09:50] | You want to leave the office at 5:00? | 你想五点就下班 |
[09:52] | Oh, don’t be ridiculous. | 别开玩笑了 |
[09:53] | Happy hour starts at 4:00. | 快乐时光四点开始 |
[09:56] | It’s a bad idea. | 这主意可不怎么样 |
[09:57] | You’re never going to get an injunction | 你不可能用禁制令 |
[09:59] | to stop the strike outright. | 去彻底制止罢工 |
[10:00] | You read that in a book, | 你是在哪本书上看过 |
[10:01] | or is that what your five minutes | 还是从你短短的律师实践中 |
[10:03] | practicing law have to say? | 总结出来的 |
[10:04] | Not a book but every labor decision | 不是哪本书 |
[10:05] | from the last ten years. | 而是十年内所有劳动纠纷裁定 |
[10:07] | But I’m telling you, it’s a safer bet | 我跟你说 去申请 |
[10:09] | arguing for the temporary restraining order. | 临时限制令更加稳妥 |
[10:11] | First of all, a T.R.O. delays a strike, | 第一 临时限制令只是推迟罢工 |
[10:13] | an injunction stops it, and I want to stop it. | 禁制令却可以制止罢工 我要罢工停止 |
[10:16] | Second of all… | 第二 |
[10:17] | never use that phrase “safer bet” with me again. | 别再对我说”更加稳妥” |
[10:20] | – Safer bet. – You know what? | -更加稳妥 -知道吗 |
[10:22] | You don’t deserve the privilege of seeing me win. | 你不配看我赢 |
[10:28] | I’ve gathered you all here to ask you | 我把你们叫到这里来 |
[10:30] | just one simple question. | 只想问一个小问题 |
[10:33] | Do any of you have the desire to strip down | 你们谁想把内衣脱下来 |
[10:36] | and exchange underwear with each other? | 和别人换着穿 |
[10:39] | Any takers? | 有人吗 |
[10:41] | No? | 没有咯 |
[10:42] | Well, of course not because you don’t want | 当然没有了 因为你们不想 |
[10:43] | to air your dirty laundry in public, right? | 把脏衣服暴露出来给大家看 对吗 |
[10:45] | But evidently, you did. | 不过事实证明 你们却这样做了 |
[10:48] | And while I’m personally proud of the fact | 你们不开心 我个人很自豪 |
[10:50] | that you’re all unhappy, Harvard is not. | 但是哈佛并不这么觉得 |
[10:52] | So I’ve invited a representative from the law school | 所以 我邀请了一位法学院的代表 |
[10:55] | to see firsthand how joyful you all are | 过来亲眼看看你们在我的指导下 |
[10:58] | under my tutelage. | 是多么的愉快 |
[10:59] | So you want us to lie? | 你想让我们撒谎吗 |
[11:03] | No. | 不是 |
[11:04] | I want you to convince this woman | 我想让你们是这个女人相信 |
[11:06] | that Pearson Hardman makes you shit rainbows. | 你们在皮尔逊·哈德曼工作开心的要死 |
[11:12] | – Is that clear? – Yeah. | -明白了吗 -是的 |
[11:13] | You sure? | 你确定吗 |
[11:17] | Anyone else have any other stupid questions? | 还有什么别的蠢问题吗 |
[11:21] | I figures. | 我想也是 |
[11:38] | What are you doing here? | 你在这儿干吗 |
[11:39] | I’m here on behalf of Pearson Hardman. | 代表皮尔逊·哈德曼出庭 |
[11:42] | As much as I appreciate a fan club, | 尽管我很感谢我的粉丝团 |
[11:43] | This hearing starts in five minutes, | 但听证会五分钟后就开始了 |
[11:45] | which means you’ve got four minutes to get out of here. | 也就是说你还有四分钟时间滚蛋 |
[11:47] | Daniel. | 丹尼尔 |
[11:48] | I’m prepared to rule on your motion. | 我准备采取你的提议 |
[11:51] | What do you think it’s going to be? | 你觉得会是什么 |
[11:54] | T.R.O. granted. | 准予临时限制令 |
[11:56] | Finally, you rule one for me. | 你终于采取了一次我的请求 |
[11:58] | don’t give me any grief about the Feinberg suit. | 别再因为费恩伯格的案子装伤感了 |
[12:00] | Your precedents sucked. This one’s legit. | 你的判例烂透了 这次的很合理 |
[12:04] | It’s good to have you back, Daniel. | 你能回来真是太好了 丹尼尔 |
[12:05] | Thank you for moving me up on the docket, judge. | 谢谢您优先处理我的案子 法官大人 |
[12:16] | What the hell was that? | 这是怎么回事 |
[12:17] | I believe it was a victory. | 我想可以算是一场胜利 |
[12:18] | Hey, you don’t reschedule my hearings. | 你没权改变我的听证会时间 |
[12:20] | Were you in there? | 听证会的时候你在吗 |
[12:22] | ‘Cause I do. | 我可是在那儿 |
[12:23] | The truth is you should be thanking me. | 事实上你应该谢谢我 |
[12:25] | Well, would you like me to thank your face with my fist? | 怎么 想让我的拳头感谢你的脸吗 |
[12:27] | If you would have consulted with me first, | 如果你能先向我咨询 |
[12:29] | like I offered, I could have told you | 正如我主动提供帮忙那样 我就会告诉你 |
[12:31] | Garvin Steiner was never going to grant an injunction. | 加文·施泰纳永远不可能准予禁制令 |
[12:34] | Not when his Wednesday golf buddy shows up | 星期三的高尔夫球友出现还挟持法庭 |
[12:36] | and hijacks the courtroom. | 他当然不会准予了 |
[12:37] | Say what you will. I know the man. | 随你怎么说 我了解他 |
[12:39] | 0% chance he gives you what you want. | 你不可能从他手里如愿以偿 |
[12:41] | Daniel, maybe you don’t know how it works these days. | 丹尼尔 也许你不懂现在的业界情况 |
[12:43] | When I’m on a case, | 当我接了案子之后 |
[12:45] | the only thing there’s 0% chance of | 唯一不可能发生的事 |
[12:47] | is me losing. | 就是我败诉 |
[12:48] | Harvey, I said I’ve changed. | 哈维 我说过 我变了 |
[12:50] | Don’t mistake that change for weakness. | 别以为我是变软弱了 |
[12:53] | I told you, my name’s on the door. | 我告诉过你 门上写的是我的名字 |
[12:55] | Didn’t get there by me taking shit from the likes of you. | 可不是靠受你这种鸟人的气才得到的 |
[12:58] | You want to work together on this, | 如果你想合作这个案子 |
[12:59] | I’m open to it. | 我敞开大门欢迎 |
[13:01] | You don’t, | 你不想合作 |
[13:02] | this is how it’s going to be. | 那就是我说的算 |
[13:16] | So let me get this straight. | 把事情捋清楚 |
[13:18] | The judge ruled against your idea, | 法官否决了你的提议 |
[13:20] | and so you went with my idea? | 所以你就附和了我的想法 |
[13:22] | Not exactly. Hardman got the T.R.O. | 才怪 是哈德曼拿到了临时限制令 |
[13:25] | Okay, so you told me I was wrong, | 那你还说我错了 |
[13:28] | And yet I had the same idea as a managing partner. | 而我的想法和经营合伙人的一样 |
[13:31] | That’s funny, that kind of makes me wonder | 真有意思 这让我很怀疑 |
[13:32] | what else you’ve been wrong about. | 你还犯过别的什么错 |
[13:33] | Hiring you? | 雇了你 |
[13:34] | Daniel and I wouldn’t concur with that. | 丹尼尔和我在这点上无法达到统一了 |
[13:37] | Hey, handsome. | 嗨 帅哥 |
[13:38] | Your bearded buddy was already here. | 你们那位胡须男已经来过了 |
[13:41] | You can shut us down for 48 hours, | 你可以让拖延我们48小时 |
[13:42] | but we can still prepare to strike. | 但我们照样准备罢工 |
[13:44] | Actually, I came over to extend an olive branch. | 实际上我是来求和的 |
[13:49] | Why don’t you go ahead and start your strike right now? | 你们还是马上开始罢工吧 |
[13:51] | You looked into our finances, I looked into yours. | 你们调查了我方的财务 我亦如此 |
[13:54] | Your strike fund has enough to last a week. | 你们的资金储备够罢工一星期 |
[13:56] | We’re not even going to have a meeting about it for a month. | 我们在一个月内根本不准备就此开会 |
[13:58] | We know what we’re getting into. | 我们对自己的处境很清楚 |
[14:00] | We’re prepared. | 我们是有备而来的 |
[14:01] | Well, prepare yourself for this: | 那请为如下做好准备吧 |
[14:03] | Our last offer’s off the table. | 我们前一个提议已经无效了 |
[14:05] | The new offer is the one we gave you before that. | 取而代之的是之前那个提议 |
[14:07] | And every day you strike, | 只要你们多罢工一天 |
[14:09] | it’s going to keep getting worse. | 我们开价就越低 |
[14:12] | Harvey, you do realize you just littered, right? | 哈维 你知道你刚才乱扔垃圾了吧 |
[14:15] | They can pick it up. They’re not working. | 他们可以把它捡起来 他们又没在工作 |
[14:17] | It’ll give them a sense of purpose. | 这会让他们有点干劲 |
[14:20] | You don’t think you’re being a little harsh? | 你不觉得你有点过了吗 |
[14:22] | I just put an end to a situation | 我刚终止一个两难局面 |
[14:23] | our client can’t afford and those nurses can’t either. | 我们的委托人和那群护士都承受不起 |
[14:27] | Trust me, they’ll cave. | 放心吧 他们会屈服的 |
[14:30] | Everyone. | 各位 |
[14:32] | I would like you to meet | 请容我向你们介绍 |
[14:34] | Ms. Sheila Zass from our beloved Harvard Law. | 来自亲爱的哈佛法学院的希拉·塞斯女士 |
[14:38] | While I appreciate the introduction, | 我很感谢你的介绍 |
[14:39] | I would have appreciated even more | 但我更希望你能 |
[14:41] | a little discretion. | 慎重讲话 |
[14:42] | I’m here to make an assessment, | 我是来这做评估的 |
[14:43] | which would have been aided by anonymity. | 本应该匿名工作更为合适 |
[14:46] | Fly. Wall. | 如同空气[指暗中调查] |
[14:48] | Loud and clear. | 明白无误 |
[14:49] | And by the way, it’s Sazs. S-a-z-s. | 顺说我应该叫塞兹 塞-兹 |
[14:52] | Yeah, that’s what I said. Sheila Zass. | 是啊 我就是这么讲的 希拉·塞斯 |
[14:54] | Never mind. | 当我没说 |
[14:56] | Do you see what I see? | 你和我看法一样吗 |
[14:57] | There’s two of them. | 他们两个太神似了 |
[14:58] | I think Louis is attracted to female Louis. | 我看路易被她的女版迷住了 |
[15:01] | Do you think that if they touch, | 你觉不觉得如果他们碰在一起 |
[15:02] | the world would cease to exist? | 整个世界都会崩塌[指正反物质湮灭] |
[15:04] | I don’t want to think about them touching. | 我根本不想去想这事 |
[15:05] | There’s my favorite litigation girl. | 这是我最欣赏的诉讼女孩 |
[15:07] | Olivia, what’s up? | 奥莉维娅 你好吗 |
[15:08] | James, Gordon brief, just going to say it, | 詹姆斯 你的戈登案 我就直说了 |
[15:10] | It was a gift to the law. | 是对法律的礼赞 |
[15:11] | See, this is what I like to do, basically. | 这就是我日常爱做的事了 |
[15:12] | I like to, uh, you know, sit here | 我喜欢 坐在这 |
[15:14] | once a week, make myself accessible, | 一周一次 平易近人地 |
[15:16] | get to know the troops | 和部下交流 |
[15:17] | on a, you know, personal level. | 基于私人层面的 |
[15:19] | And what has that process yielded? | 聊出什么来了 |
[15:22] | Well, Harold has a mother… | 哈罗德的母亲 |
[15:25] | – Aunt. – Who tragically died of heart disease. | -是阿姨 -很不幸因心脏病去世 |
[15:29] | Cancer. | 是癌症 |
[15:31] | We’re all with him. | 我们与他同在 |
[15:33] | I think I’ve seen enough. | 我想这已经够了 |
[15:34] | Clearly, you don’t know that person very well. | 很明显你不怎么了解那个人 |
[15:37] | So unless you want to find yourself | 如果你不想跑去 |
[15:38] | recruiting Suny Binghamton, | 宾汉顿分校[隶属纽约州立大学]招人 |
[15:40] | You’ll treat me with a little more respect. | 你最好对我放尊重点 |
[15:43] | You really cut me to the quick. | 你真是一语中的 |
[15:44] | Yes, I do not know him on a personal level, thank God. | 是的 我跟他没有私交 谢天谢地 |
[15:47] | But I don’t think that’s relevant. | 但我觉得这没什么关系 |
[15:50] | I have 20 underlings. | 我有20个下属 |
[15:51] | I don’t know a single person’s last name. | 我连一个人的姓都不知道 |
[15:54] | God, I admire you. | 天 我太敬仰你了 |
[15:57] | What do you need from us to keep our privileges? | 我们怎么做才能保住校招特权 |
[15:58] | What do you think I need? | 你说我要什么 |
[16:00] | Talk to each one of them individually. | 和他们单独交谈 |
[16:01] | – Bingo. – Pick a man. | -没错 -挑个人吧 |
[16:02] | That one. | 就他了 |
[16:06] | What the hell is wrong with you? | 你哪根经搭错了 |
[16:08] | People say I’m emotionally unavailable. | 有人说我性冷淡 |
[16:10] | I got us 48 hours, and you threw it away. | 我争取了48小时 却被你给毁了 |
[16:12] | No. | 不 |
[16:13] | You gave them two days to negotiate | 你给了他们两天来协商 |
[16:15] | with the threat of a strike hanging over our heads. | 他们会以罢工为威胁骑到我们头上 |
[16:18] | I took the only bullet they had out of the chamber. | 我把它们唯一的武器剥夺了 |
[16:20] | And now that bullet is headed right at us. | 于是这武器已经完全瞄准我们了 |
[16:23] | They have an offer in front of them, | 协议就摆在他们面前 |
[16:24] | And they’re going to sign it. | 他们会签的 |
[16:25] | – You don’t know that. – Yes, I do. | -这可说不准 -绝对没错 |
[16:27] | Well, you better be right because if either one of us | 那你最好别出错 要是我们中间有谁 |
[16:29] | picks up the phone right now, we’ll be the ones who caved. | 现在拿起电话 我们就只能让步了 |
[16:32] | Then we might as well tell them | 我们不妨跟他们说 |
[16:32] | they can have everything. | 一切都归他们 |
[16:33] | Finally, we’re on the same page. | 我们总算达成共识了 |
[16:35] | Welcome to the team. | 欢迎加入 |
[16:36] | We’re not on the same page. | 我们没有达成共识 |
[16:37] | You backed us into a corner. | 是你把我们逼进死路 |
[16:39] | I didn’t do shit. | 不是我干的 |
[16:41] | Nell Sawyer put us into that position. | 是内尔·索耶把我们逼成这样的 |
[16:42] | I gave her the best offer we could afford. | 我给她的提议是我们能承受的最大限度了 |
[16:44] | And if this strike drags on, Prescott goes down. | 如果罢工继续 普雷斯科特医院就垮了 |
[16:47] | And none of us can afford that. | 我们没人能承受得起 |
[16:49] | This strike never would have happened in the first place | 这场罢工根本不会发生 |
[16:51] | if I had gotten an injunction | 如果我申请到了禁令 |
[16:53] | instead of the T.R.O. | 而不是临时限制令 |
[16:55] | By the way, that piece of genius, | 顺说 你这天真想法 |
[16:57] | same idea my associate had. | 和我助理的如出一辙 |
[16:59] | Kid’s smart, but he’s never been around the block. | 这孩子很聪明 但他从没在这行混过 |
[17:01] | You have. Stop thinking like a rookie. | 但你有这经验 别用菜鸟的方式思考了 |
[17:08] | Okay, let me guess. | 好 我来猜猜 |
[17:10] | The reason that you haven’t signed up yet | 你之所以至今还没注册 |
[17:11] | is that you want me to help you | 是因为你想让我帮你 |
[17:13] | take some sexy pictures for your profile. | 拍几张艳照来为你的资料润色 |
[17:15] | You’re hoping that one thing leads to another and… | 你希望着这样一步一步就能 |
[17:18] | Bow-chicka bow-wow ? | 那啥啥了 |
[17:21] | No. | 才不是 |
[17:21] | The reason I haven’t signed up yet | 我没注册的原因是 |
[17:23] | is because they have you fill out this form, | 他们让你填一份表格 |
[17:26] | and it asks you to write down who you are. | 要求你写上你是谁 |
[17:28] | And who I am is a paralegal. | 我只是个律师助理 |
[17:31] | Rachel, I am a legal secretary, | 瑞秋 我是个法律秘书 |
[17:33] | and I am proud of it. | 我引以为豪 |
[17:34] | But when somebody asks me who I am, | 但当有人问我我是谁 |
[17:36] | that is not the first thing that comes to mind. | 我脑子里首先跳出来的不是这个 |
[17:38] | Yeah, but I don’t have anything else, you know? | 是啊 但我其他什么也不是 |
[17:40] | I kidded myself about becoming a lawyer, | 我欺骗我自己说能成为律师 |
[17:42] | And I kidded myself about Mike. | 我也一厢情愿去爱迈克 |
[17:45] | So the truth is I am just a lonely paralegal. | 所以事实就是我只是个形单影只的律师助理 |
[17:49] | And that’s a tough thing to write down. | 这着实令我尴尬不已 |
[17:51] | Well, you’re not a lonely paralegal tonight. | 显然 你今晚并不孤独 |
[17:57] | – We’re lawyers. – Pearson Hardman. | -我们是律师 -来自皮尔逊·哈德曼 |
[17:59] | I’m Harriet Specter, and this is my associate. | 我是哈利艾特·斯佩克特 这是我的助手 |
[18:03] | Michelle Ross. | 米歇尔·罗斯 |
[18:05] | I’ve got a photographic memory. | 我过目不忘 |
[18:06] | Pretty much a legal superhero. | 就像是个法律超人 |
[18:09] | I’m a closer. | 我未尝败绩 |
[18:12] | I’m the best goddamn closer this town has ever seen. | 我是城里最成功的常胜律师 |
[18:16] | What are you looking at? | 你乱看什么 |
[18:17] | I can recite the constitution | 我可以背出宪法 |
[18:18] | Forwards, backwards, and sideways | 正着倒着随便来 |
[18:20] | ’cause I read it once when I was seven. | 因为我七岁时就看过一遍 |
[18:22] | I don’t buy it. Recite it right now. | 我才不信 背一个 |
[18:26] | – Cheers. – Cheers. | -干杯 -干杯 |
[18:27] | I’m a flame thrower. | 我是个喷火人 |
[18:28] | – Surgeon. – Acrobat. | -外科医生 -杂技演员 |
[18:30] | Professor… of law. | 教授 教法律的 |
[18:32] | I’m a rabbi. | 我是个拉比[犹太教法律专家] |
[18:39] | Oh, my God. What the hell did you order? | 我的天 你点的什么东西 |
[18:50] | You wanted to see me, Mr. Hardman? | 你要见我吗 哈德曼先生 |
[18:53] | Please. Call me Daniel. | 请叫我丹尼尔 |
[18:55] | Sit down. | 坐吧 |
[18:59] | First of all, I want to tell you | 首先 我要告诉你 |
[19:01] | Harvey speaks very highly of you. | 哈维对你评价颇高 |
[19:03] | He does? | 真的吗 |
[19:04] | Well, it’s Harvey. | 他可是哈维 |
[19:06] | So you have to read between the lines. | 你得读出潜台词 |
[19:08] | What did he say? | 他怎么说的 |
[19:08] | That I’m-I’m not a complete idiot? | 我不完全是个白痴吗 |
[19:12] | Something like that. | 差不多吧 |
[19:14] | He also told me that you and I | 他还告诉我我们两个 |
[19:14] | had the same idea to go after a T.R.O. | 都想出要申请临时限制令 |
[19:18] | He told me that too. | 他也这么跟我说的 |
[19:19] | Why did you think it was the right move? | 你为什么觉得应该这么做 |
[19:22] | It put a clock on the negotiations | 这给谈判设置了时限 |
[19:24] | and kept both sides at the table. | 并且使谈判进行下去 |
[19:26] | I thought so too. | 我也这么想 |
[19:28] | But whether I agreed with him at the time or not, | 不管当时我是否赞成他的做法 |
[19:30] | I’m not going against him now. | 我现在不会和他作对了 |
[19:32] | But he and I do agree on this point: | 但他和我都认同以下这点 |
[19:34] | His decision puts us in a bit of a pickle. | 他的决定使我们处境艰难 |
[19:36] | Because we can’t go back to Ms. Sawyer | 因为我们不可能再去找索耶女士了 |
[19:37] | and ask exactly what she needs to close the deal. | 问问到底满足她什么要求才肯达成协议 |
[19:39] | Harvey and I can’t. | 哈维和我都办不到 |
[19:43] | but I can. | 但我可以 |
[19:45] | So you are smart. | 所以说你很聪明 |
[19:48] | I’m afraid so. | 恐怕没错 |
[19:50] | You’ll have to forgive me for not completely | 我对哈维的眼光半信半疑 |
[19:52] | trusting Harvey’s assessment, | 这也不能怪我 |
[19:54] | but I needed to make sure | 我需要确认一下 |
[19:56] | that our back channel negotiator was up to the task. | 我们的秘密武器谈判人能够胜任这项任务 |
[19:59] | That’s why he’s not here. | 所以你才没找他过来 |
[20:00] | Coach doesn’t let dad come to the tryouts. | 教练可不会让选手的老爹参与到试选之中 |
[20:07] | What do you need me to do? | 你需要我做些什么 |
[20:15] | They sent you? | 他们竟然派你过来了 |
[20:16] | Which means they’re not serious about talking. | 是不是意味着他们没把谈判当回事啊 |
[20:18] | Ms. Sawyer, please. Listen to me. | 索耶小姐 请别走 听我说 |
[20:19] | You are on strike, | 你们在罢工 |
[20:21] | and they are never going to flinch. | 可他们绝不会因此让步 |
[20:22] | So what harm is there in talking to me? | 所以跟我聊聊又有什么大碍呢 |
[20:25] | Why should I trust you? | 我凭什么要相信你 |
[20:27] | Well, that’s why I wanted you to meet me here. | 这就是我来这儿跟你见面的目的 |
[20:30] | Nell, | 内尔 |
[20:32] | This is my grandmother, Edith Ross. | 这是我奶奶 伊迪丝·罗斯 |
[20:34] | Hello. | 你好 |
[20:36] | A proud resident of a Prescott Nursing Home. | 普雷斯科特疗养院的荣誉居民 |
[20:40] | This is not just another case for me. | 这对我来说不仅是一个案子这么简单 |
[20:42] | Yeah, and he didn’t just stick me | 是啊 而且他为了表明这点 |
[20:43] | in here last night to make that point. | 可不止陪了我一个晚上 |
[20:45] | He locked me in here months ago. | 他好几个月前就把我关在这儿了 |
[20:47] | – Grammy. – Now, easy, Michael. | -奶奶 -放轻松点 麦克 |
[20:49] | I’m helping you out here. | 我这是在帮你呢 |
[20:51] | By the way, | 顺便提一下 |
[20:52] | you’re a bit of a hero to my favorite nurse. | 在我最喜欢的护士眼里你算是个英雄 |
[20:55] | Really? Well, that’s nice to hear. | 真的吗 听到你这么说我很开心 |
[20:58] | He never shuts up about you. | 他对你的事总是喋喋不休 |
[21:00] | I can’t take one pill in peace. | 我想安静地吃片药都不行 |
[21:04] | Edith, I’m glad you brought up the topic of pills. | 伊迪丝 我很高兴你提起了药片的话题 |
[21:08] | Because I need to give your grandson a little lesson. | 因为我需要给你的孙子上一堂课 |
[21:10] | – You mind? – No. | -你介意吗 -不 |
[21:12] | Let’s see here. | 我们来看看 |
[21:13] | Plavix, Zestril, | 波立维 赖诺普利 |
[21:15] | Hygroton, Atenolol. | 氯噻酮 阿替洛尔 |
[21:18] | You know what happens when they’re not kept straight? | 你知道如果不能按时供药会怎样吗 |
[21:20] | Not good. | 不会有好后果 |
[21:22] | Who do you think does that? Doctors? | 你觉得谁会去派药 医生吗 |
[21:24] | Nurses. | 是护士 |
[21:26] | Imagine your grandmother’s nurse | 想象你奶奶的护士 |
[21:28] | just finished a 15-hour shift. | 刚刚值完15小时的班 |
[21:30] | She needs her medicine in exactly two hours. | 她要在两小时内拿到她的药 |
[21:33] | We’re understaffed. | 我们人手不足 |
[21:34] | That nurse is going to stay. | 那个护士还要继续加班 |
[21:36] | He won’t even sign a time card for it | 他甚至都不会在工时卡上签字 |
[21:38] | because he won’t get paid. | 因为疗养院不会付钱给他 |
[21:39] | But if his name shows up on this chart, | 但是如果他的名字出现在这张表上 |
[21:42] | he stayed. | 就表明他加过班 |
[21:46] | Happens every day. | 屡见不鲜 |
[21:47] | You ask me what I want? | 你问我我想要什么 |
[21:49] | I want enough money, so it never happens again. | 我要足够的钱来避免那种事再次发生 |
[22:01] | That one’s a dud. | 那家伙是个废物 |
[22:02] | – You have no idea. – Mm. | -可不是嘛 -对 |
[22:05] | Ms. Sazs. | 塞兹小姐 |
[22:06] | Mr. Litt. | 利特先生 |
[22:08] | – Louis. – Sheila. | -叫我路易 -希拉 |
[22:09] | I feel as though I’m talking to a– | 我感觉像是在跟一个… |
[22:11] | – kindred spirit? – Yes. | -志趣相投的人谈话 -没错 |
[22:12] | – I know. – Me too. | -我知道 -我也是 |
[22:15] | Level with me. | 跟我说实话 |
[22:15] | I’ll be brutally honest. | 我说实话会很伤人 |
[22:17] | That’s the only language I speak. | 我说话没有不伤人的时候 |
[22:18] | I’m going to allow you to maintain your recruiting privileges | 我会允许你保有纳新的特权 |
[22:19] | because of the man I believe you to be. | 因为我相信以你的能力能够胜任 |
[22:22] | And I believe myself to be that same man. | 我相信自己会达成你的期望 |
[22:24] | But you’ve got bigger problems. | 但你有更大的问题要处理 |
[22:25] | Your associates don’t respect you. | 你的助理们并不把你放在眼里 |
[22:27] | They think you don’t work as hard as they do. | 他们觉得你工作没他们卖力 |
[22:32] | What? | 什么 |
[22:33] | They think you make them do your work. | 他们觉得你会把自己的工作扔给他们 |
[22:39] | You realize I’m only telling you this | 你应该知道我只是转述而已 |
[22:40] | because I think that they’re wrong. | 因为我觉得他们说得不对 |
[22:42] | They are wrong. | 的确不对 |
[22:45] | Now, if you’ll excuse me. | 不好意思我先告辞了 |
[22:53] | – I did it. – Did what? | -我办成了 -办成什么了 |
[22:55] | You and Daniel are going to be so proud of me. | 你和丹尼尔会为我骄傲的 |
[22:59] | Why don’t you let me be the judge of that? | 值不值得骄傲还是我自己来评判吧 |
[23:00] | Judge all you want. | 随你怎么评判 |
[23:01] | Judge away because I saw Nell on my own, | 随你怎么驳回 因为我独自会见了内尔 |
[23:05] | even used my grandmother-not used. | 甚至利用了我奶奶 不是利用 |
[23:08] | She was onboard with it-that’s weird. | 她也参与进来了 感觉真是奇怪 |
[23:10] | Maintaining your integrity, I like it. | 保持你的刚正不阿 我喜欢 |
[23:12] | Continue. | 继续说 |
[23:12] | So it turns out | 结果发现 |
[23:14] | that the nurses are consistently staying late | 护士们为了按时给病人供药 |
[23:15] | to give the patients the right meds | 要不停地熬夜加班 |
[23:17] | even though they’re not being paid for it. | 尽管他们完全是无偿劳动 |
[23:18] | – And you bought that? – Yeah, I bought that. | -你就这么买账了吗 -没错 我买账了 |
[23:21] | Because I checked my grandmother’s chart. | 因为我查看了我奶奶的表格 |
[23:23] | If it’s true for her, it’s true for others. | 如果我奶奶的情况符合 那其他病人也一样 |
[23:25] | Oh, you didn’t let me finish. | 你还没让我说完呢 |
[23:26] | Turns out, that all they want is enough staff | 结果 他们需要的只是充沛的人手 |
[23:29] | So that nobody ever has to work | 这样护士们就不需要 |
[23:30] | more than a 15-hour shift again. | 工作超过15个小时了 |
[23:31] | And how much is that going to cost? | 补充人力要花费多少 |
[23:33] | 10% of the new equipment fund. Nailed it. | 购入新设备资金的10% 答出来了 |
[23:35] | So all we need to do | 所以我们只需要 |
[23:36] | is find a legal way to get at that money. | 找一个合法途径拿到那笔钱 |
[23:38] | Yeah, so do you want me to go | 没错 你需不需要我 |
[23:39] | tell Daniel how proud you are of me, | 去告诉丹尼尔你有多为我骄傲 |
[23:41] | or do we do that together later? | 还是等你有空我们一起去 |
[23:42] | Have, like, a group thing? | 就像是小团队 夫妻档 |
[23:44] | I’ll give him the good news. | 我会亲自告诉他这个好消息 |
[23:48] | Wash all you want. The lies aren’t coming off. | 无论你如何洗白自己 都无法抹去谎言 |
[23:51] | I told you I changed. I didn’t say I became a nun. | 我跟你说我变了 又不是说我遁入空门了 |
[23:53] | You lied to my associate. | 你欺骗了我家那位 |
[23:55] | I never specifically said anything that wasn’t true. | 我从未明确地说出不真实的事情 |
[23:58] | People hear what they want to hear. | 人们总是听他们想听的 |
[23:59] | You deceived your own. | 你这是在欺骗自己人 |
[24:02] | You never lied to anyone else here? | 你就从来没有骗过律所里的人吗 |
[24:03] | Jessica, the other partners, me? | 杰西卡 其他合伙人 还有我 |
[24:05] | – Not since you’ve been back. – Really? | -在你回来之前都没有 -真的吗 |
[24:08] | When did Jessica assign you this case? | 杰西卡什么时候把这个案子派给你的 |
[24:10] | You lied to me. | 你骗了我 |
[24:12] | But I didn’t come to the bathroom and cry about it. | 我可没为那件事跑到洗手间来痛哭流涕 |
[24:15] | No, you sent my associate to go crying to the other side. | 你是没有 但你把我的助理派到对方那边哭穷 |
[24:17] | So he got us a final number. | 所以他谈下了最终报价 |
[24:19] | He got a number, but it’s not going to be final. | 他只是拿到了报价 但那不会是最终报价 |
[24:21] | We offer them $10 million, | 如果我们给他们开价一千万 |
[24:22] | the next day it’s going to be $15 million. | 第二天他们就敢要价一千五百万 |
[24:24] | We needed to hold strong to get them to close. | 我们要持续施压 逼他们达成协议 |
[24:26] | Says your gut, and I don’t practice law based on your gut. | 你说这话太轻率 我可不会根据你的直觉办案 |
[24:29] | My gut didn’t burn through five negotiators. | 我的直觉可没让五位谈判人败下阵来 |
[24:31] | Nell Sawyer did. | 而内尔·索耶做到了 |
[24:33] | So you think we should never budge. | 所以你觉得我们就不该妥协 |
[24:34] | I know we should never budge, | 我们确实不该妥协 |
[24:35] | but you screwed that when you sent Mike | 可你派迈克告诉他们我们会妥协之后 |
[24:37] | to tell them we would. | 就已经没有退路了 |
[24:39] | Congratulations, Daniel. | 真是恭喜你了 丹尼尔 |
[24:40] | We may be a couple of liars, | 我们俩或许是一对骗子 |
[24:41] | but only one of us is going to be responsible | 但这件案子搞砸之后 |
[24:43] | when this whole thing goes to shit. | 我们之中只有一位会为此负责 |
[24:57] | You wanted to see me? | 你找我吗 |
[25:00] | We’ll get going in a minute. | 我们一会就开始谈正事 |
[25:01] | Once I start, I have to finish. | 一旦开始 就得抽完才行 |
[25:09] | I’ve always hated these things. | 我一直很讨厌这种事情 |
[25:12] | A filthy habit. | 这是个陋习 |
[25:14] | My daughter was 15, | 我女儿15岁的时候 |
[25:15] | I caught her smoking, and I hit the roof. | 我抓到她在抽烟 我火怒三丈 |
[25:20] | But then my wife got sick. | 但之后我妻子就病了 |
[25:24] | And then when the cancer got to her lungs, | 当癌细胞转移到她的肺部时 |
[25:28] | once a week, we would share a cigarette. | 我们每周都要分享一根香烟 |
[25:33] | Give it the finger. | 去他妈的癌症 |
[25:36] | Monday nights at 9:00. | 每周一的晚九点 |
[25:45] | I can’t stop. | 我戒不掉 |
[25:49] | I don’t want to stop. | 我也不想戒 |
[25:54] | Uh, we should really figure out a way | 我们真的需要找到一种途径 |
[25:56] | to get at this equipment fund. | 来拿到这笔设备资金 |
[25:58] | It’s going to be a long night. | 看来你要熬夜了 |
[25:59] | That’s okay. | 没关系 |
[26:00] | I don’t really have much of a social life. | 反正我也没有太多社交活动 |
[26:03] | Me either. | 我也是 |
[26:09] | Barbaric. | 真是野蛮 |
[26:15] | Norma, the Scofield subpoena is missing | 诺玛 斯科菲尔德的传票损失了 |
[26:18] | an entire class of subcontracts. | 一大批转包契约 |
[26:20] | Please amend it | 请务必将其修改 |
[26:21] | to include anything after 2010. | 把2010年之后的全部加入 |
[26:25] | Oh, and send sheila a basket of flowers. | 再给希拉送一篮花 |
[26:28] | Thank-you flowers, not romantic flowers. | 表达谢意的 不是爱意的 |
[26:31] | Let things take their natural course. | 让事情顺其自然吧 |
[26:33] | Can’t you just keep a diary like every other 12-year-old girl? | 你就不能和其他12岁小女孩一样记记日记吗 |
[26:39] | Not tonight, Harvey. | 今晚没空和你搞 哈维 |
[26:41] | Just go home. | 你快回家吧 |
[26:44] | – What’s going on? – Nothing. | -出什么事了 -没事 |
[26:47] | I’m just catching up on some work. | 我在赶一些活 |
[26:50] | In the bullpen? | 在助理的办公间里 |
[26:54] | Apparently, the associates | 很显然这些助理们 |
[26:55] | don’t believe that I work as hard as they do. | 都觉得我没像他们一样卖力工作 |
[26:58] | What? | 什么 |
[27:00] | Louis, anyone who doesn’t think | 路易 谁要是觉得你不是全律所 |
[27:02] | you’re the hardest-working lawyer at this firm is an idiot. | 最卖命工作的人就是白痴 |
[27:04] | You may be a dick, but as far as I’m concerned, | 你也许是个混蛋 但就我所知 |
[27:06] | the associates have it pretty good. | 这些助理们被你管得乐在其中 |
[27:08] | Thank you, Harvey. | 多谢 哈维 |
[27:11] | Dick part aside. | 除去混蛋那句话 |
[27:15] | Remember when we were in here? | 还记得我们在这工作的时候吗 |
[27:17] | – What we had to do? – like it was yesterday. | -我们当时的任务 -如昨日般历历在目 |
[27:19] | I can still hear Hardman reaming me out | 我还能听见哈德曼对我的大声怒骂 |
[27:21] | for losing that Dunridge file. | 只因弄丢了邓里奇案子的档案 |
[27:23] | – You were sitting right here. – I was so scared. | -你当时就坐在这 -我吓得半死 |
[27:24] | I thought I’d be fired right on the spot. | 我以为自己会立即被开除 |
[27:30] | – I hid it. – I knew it! I knew it! | -是我藏起来的 -我知道 我就知道 |
[27:32] | I had to work 48 hours straight just to recreate it. | 我拼死拼活48个小时才重新造出一份 |
[27:36] | Yeah, but we killed it at trial. | 是的 但我们在法庭上完胜了 |
[27:37] | Yeah, if that happened now, | 是啊 要是这事发生在现在 |
[27:38] | – I wouldn’t hear the end of it. – I know. | -我准得炫耀个没完 -是的 |
[27:40] | God forbid they have to pull one all-nighter, | 他们能熬一个通宵都谢天谢地了 |
[27:42] | Let alone two. | 更别说两个了 |
[27:43] | It’s like they think there’s this law | 这些助理们总搞得像是有法律规定 |
[27:44] | against working more than 20 hours a day. | 一天不能工作超过20小时 |
[27:45] | Well, there isn’t. Prima donnas. | 可惜没有 不知天高地厚的家伙们 |
[27:48] | I should fire them all right now and start from scratch. | 我真该把他们就地开除重新招人 |
[27:52] | Louis, | 路易 |
[27:53] | I’m only going to say this once, so you better enjoy it. | 这句话我只说一次 所以你抓紧时间享受 |
[27:57] | You’re the man. | 你是个纯爷们 |
[28:14] | You’re the man. | 你是个纯爷们 |
[28:21] | You’re the man. | 你是个纯爷们 |
[28:26] | Harvey, did you say somebody’s the man? | 哈维 你是不是说谁是纯爷们 |
[28:29] | You’re the man. | 你是个纯爷们 |
[28:30] | Thanks. Appreciate it. | 多谢 感激万分 |
[28:33] | Who’s the man? | 谁是纯爷们 |
[28:34] | – You’re the man. – You know it. | -你是个纯爷们 -你知道的 |
[28:37] | What did you say? | 你说什么 |
[28:38] | You’re the man. | 你是个纯爷们 |
[28:39] | Damn straight. | 太他妈对了 |
[28:56] | What are you doing? | 你在干什么 |
[28:58] | Oh, uh, god. | 天啊 |
[29:00] | I’m sorry. This–this looks awful. | 抱歉 这有点难堪 |
[29:02] | I’m working with Hardman. | 我和哈德曼一起工作 |
[29:04] | He needed a file, and I– | 他需要一份档案 于是我 |
[29:05] | Why didn’t you just send donna? | 你干嘛不直接让唐娜来 |
[29:08] | Okay. I deserve that. | 好吧 是我活该 |
[29:12] | Rachel, I swear, I didn’t mean to– | 瑞秋 我发誓 我不是故意 |
[29:14] | Oh, don’t look at me like that. | 别摆出这幅表情 |
[29:15] | It’s not porn. It’s match.Com. | 这又不是黄片 这是相亲网 |
[29:19] | – So you’re, uh. – Yeah. | -所以你是在 – 是的 |
[29:21] | – I am. – That’s good. | -正是 -不错 |
[29:22] | – It is. – I think it’s, uh, good. | -确实 -我觉得这很好 |
[29:25] | Yeah, me too. | 我也这么觉得 |
[29:27] | Except that I have been working | 只是我这三天一直 |
[29:29] | on this essay for the past three days, | 埋头苦想自我介绍 |
[29:31] | and this is all I’ve got. | 我就只写了这些 |
[29:34] | – It’s blank. – I know. | -空白 -我知道 |
[29:38] | Okay, how about you start with something like this: | 你不妨像这样开头 |
[29:41] | “I work at the top firm in Manhattan.” | “我就职于曼哈顿的顶尖律所” |
[29:44] | – See, that’s not really… – “I have an office, | -这并不是真… -“我有自己的办公室 |
[29:46] | “Which is unheard of for a paralegal. | “对于律师助理而言实属罕见 |
[29:48] | That shows how much they value me.” | 这充分说明了律所对我的重视” |
[29:50] | Just hold on. | 先等等 |
[29:55] | Okay, more. | 好的 继续 |
[29:58] | “I’m passionate. | “我充满热情 |
[30:01] | “Funny, tenacious. | “风趣幽默 意志坚韧 |
[30:03] | – Courageous.” – Any more adjectives? | -勇于面对” -还有更多形容词吗 |
[30:05] | “Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious. | “人见人爱花见花开车见爆胎 |
[30:08] | I’m incredibly smart, sometimes aggressively so.” | 我聪明过人 有时还野心勃勃” |
[30:12] | You realize this is supposed to make me sound good, right? | 你知道这份介绍应该自我夸奖的对吧 |
[30:14] | Why don’t you let me finish? | 先听我说完 |
[30:17] | “I’m a– | “我是个 |
[30:20] | “I’m also a kind person. | “我心地善良 |
[30:23] | “And I want someone who notices the little things, | “我希望对方能够注意到各种细节 |
[30:25] | “Like–like the fact that I’m a foodie, | “好比我是个美食家 |
[30:28] | “And I love to share that with other people. | “我乐意与他人共享 |
[30:32] | “Or that when someone pays me a compliment, | “或是在有人夸奖我时 |
[30:35] | “I can’t even look them in the eye, | “我都不敢直视他们 |
[30:36] | “Or the fact that my parents are obviously loaded, | “或是即便我家境富裕 |
[30:40] | but I’m still determined to make it on my own.” | 我还是毅然决定自力更生 |
[30:47] | I’m not going to type that last part. | 我不准备把最后一句打上去 |
[30:54] | Hey, it doesn’t matter. | 这不重要 |
[30:56] | You’re still going to be beating them away with a stick. | 你还是能将竞争者一棒打跑 |
[30:59] | Well, yeah, because you write such a–such a good essay. | 是啊 多亏你你这篇完美的介绍 |
[31:03] | No, I mean, after you post a picture here. | 不 我指你在这上传了照片以后 |
[31:32] | Barbinger file, done. | 巴宾杰案的资料 搞定 |
[31:34] | Scofield subpoena, done. | 斯科菲尔德案的传票 完成 |
[31:36] | Johnson strategy, written. | 约翰森案的战略 解决 |
[31:38] | Every single one of your assignments | 你们每个人的任务 |
[31:40] | was completed by me last night. | 都由我在昨晚独自完成 |
[31:42] | What else do we have left to do? | 还剩什么要做 |
[31:43] | – Uh, file it? – Filing. | -传送文件 -传送 |
[31:45] | – Doc review, spell check. – Grunt work? | -文件检阅 拼写检查 -体力活 |
[31:48] | Yes, grunt work. Because that’s your job. | 是的 体力活 因为这是你们的工作 |
[31:51] | Let it be known that I can do your work faster | 你们要知道这些事我可以比你们任何人 |
[31:53] | and better than any one of you without shedding a tear | 都完成得更好更快 不像你们还要欲哭无泪 |
[31:55] | or breaking a sweat, | 或者满头大汗 |
[31:56] | but I don’t because | 我不会 因为 |
[31:58] | writing briefs and recommending arguments | 写简历和推荐信 |
[32:00] | is how you learn. | 正是你们学习的机会 |
[32:03] | You go out to any other firm right now | 你们现在转去任何一家律所 |
[32:04] | at this stage of your career, you won’t have this opportunity. | 在现阶段的职业生涯中 将再无这样的机会 |
[32:07] | If you don’t believe me, | 你们要是不信 |
[32:08] | I will write you the best recommendation you have ever seen, | 我现在就给你写一封史无前例的推荐信 |
[32:11] | and you can find out for yourself. | 你们自己看着办 |
[32:14] | Go ahead. | 继续啊 |
[32:16] | Any takers? | 谁想来试试 |
[32:19] | That’s what I thought. | 意料之中 |
[32:22] | Now I have ten new cases here. | 现在这里有十件新案子 |
[32:23] | Who wants in? | 谁有兴趣 |
[32:27] | What are you guys waiting for? Come and get them. | 那还等什么 快来接案子 |
[32:42] | Excellent work last night, Mike. | 你昨晚真棒 迈克 |
[32:43] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[32:45] | Whoa, you didn’t tell me you were bringing her in. | 你没告诉我你把她带来了 |
[32:47] | Who do you think the proposal was for? | 不然你以为那提案是为了什么 |
[32:49] | Does Harvey even know about this meeting? | 哈维知道我们要开会吗 |
[32:51] | As a matter of fact, I do. | 事实上我还真知道 |
[33:00] | – What’s this? – It’s a pink slip. | -这是什么 -解雇通知单 |
[33:03] | 50 pink slips, in fact. | 准确来说 是整整50份 |
[33:05] | – For 50 nurses. – Excuse me? | -解雇50名护士 -什么意思 |
[33:07] | It’s come to my attention these nurses have been | 我意外发现这些护士们 |
[33:08] | working past their 15-hour shift. | 在规定的15个工作小时后继续加班 |
[33:11] | And they don’t put it on their time card, | 而且并未记录在工时卡上 |
[33:12] | But they still sign charts, | 但他们仍然在病历表上签了字 |
[33:14] | which happens to release them from the protection of federal labor law. | 这将使他们不受联邦法律的保护 |
[33:19] | You’re bluffing. | 你在虚张声势 |
[33:19] | I found these 50 in one night. | 我只用一晚就找到了50例 |
[33:22] | How many do you think I’ll find in a week? | 你觉得我一周能找到多少 |
[33:29] | There’s a way out of this. | 这事可以解决 |
[33:31] | Sign the contract. | 只要你签下合同 |
[33:35] | Your grandmother would be proud. | 你奶奶一定会以你为傲的 |
[33:38] | You have until the end of the day. | 你有一天时间考虑 |
[33:46] | – Harvey! – Let me guess. | -哈维 -我知道 |
[33:47] | You’re upset. | 你怒了 |
[33:48] | I got you that information through my grandmother. | 这事我是从我奶奶那儿为你取得的信息 |
[33:50] | Your idea, not mine. | 这可是你的主意 |
[33:52] | Look, I know you might have been hatched in a pod, | 我知道你可能独来独往惯了 |
[33:54] | But family actually means something to me. | 但对我而言家庭至关重要 |
[33:55] | And I gave you that information to help the nurses, | 我给你这些信息是希望你帮助那些护士 |
[33:57] | not strong-arm them. | 而不是胁迫他们 |
[33:58] | Were you okay with the first deal we presented to Nell? | 你不是也同意了我们一开始给内尔的那份协议 |
[34:00] | – That is not the point. – That’s exactly the point. | -这不是重点 -这就是重点 |
[34:02] | Because this is a contract that our client can actually afford. | 因为这份合同完全在客户的承受范围内 |
[34:05] | – Harvey. – Enough. | -哈维 -够了 |
[34:06] | You think I was joking when I asked if you were ready | 你以为我是在开玩笑吗 |
[34:08] | to stick it to the nurses? | 为护士争取权益 |
[34:09] | I wasn’t. | 我没有 |
[34:11] | I know you don’t like this part of the job, | 我知道你不喜欢这样工作 |
[34:13] | but it’s part of the job. | 但这就是工作的一部分 |
[34:14] | If Prescott gives in to their demands, | 如果普雷斯科特满足了他们的要求 |
[34:16] | they go out of business, the nurses get nothing, | 医院就得倒闭 护士们什么都得不到 |
[34:19] | it’s a win-win. | 这是双赢 |
[34:20] | That’s bullshit. | 真是扯淡 |
[34:22] | It’s a win because you beat Daniel. | 赢的点在于你打败了丹尼尔 |
[34:25] | I work with him, I work with you, | 我一会儿替他做事 一会儿替你做事 |
[34:26] | I work with him-it doesn’t take a genius | 然后又替他做事 用脚趾想想 |
[34:28] | to figure out that you’re playing each other, | 都知道你们在互相算计 |
[34:30] | and you’re using me to do it. | 而你又利用了我去算计他 |
[34:32] | But you know what, | 但事实上 |
[34:32] | I don’t care what’s going on between the two of you, | 我才不在乎你们之间发生了什么 |
[34:34] | but I don’t want to be caught in the middle of it ever again. | 我只是不想再两边不是人了 |
[34:57] | Grammy, if that’s you, I swear to god, | 奶奶 如果是你的话 我发誓 |
[34:59] | I’m going to have the locks changed. | 我要把锁换掉 |
[35:03] | Rachel. | 瑞秋 |
[35:04] | You hurt me. | 你伤害了我 |
[35:06] | – I’m sorry. – No. | -对不起 -不用 |
[35:07] | All those nice things you said, | 你说的那一堆好话 |
[35:09] | those are the kinds of things you say when you– | 那些事情 你说当你… |
[35:11] | Look, if you feel those things about me, | 如果你对我有那些感觉 |
[35:13] | why can’t you be with me? | 为什么你就不能和我在一起呢 |
[35:18] | I told you, you know, it’s–it’s work | 我说过了 因为工作的关系 |
[35:20] | and-and that guy. | 还有 那个男的 |
[35:21] | It’s everything, you know? | 各种原因 |
[35:22] | I just–I don’t think it would work. | 我只是 觉得我们不会有结果 |
[35:24] | I think it would be a mistake. | 我觉得我们在一起是个错误 |
[35:26] | Yeah, you know what? You did say that. | 你确实说过这些 |
[35:27] | And it’s a lot of bullshit because the Mike that I know | 但这全是屁话 因为我认识的迈克 |
[35:29] | and the Mike that I fell for-he wouldn’t do this. | 我喜欢的迈克 不会这么做 |
[35:32] | And if all of your feelings are still there, | 如果你仍对我有那些感觉 |
[35:35] | then it only points to one thing. | 那么只有一个原因能解释这个问题 |
[35:38] | And it’s that you’re keeping something from me. | 那就是你有什么事瞒着我 |
[35:43] | I don’t want to lie to you. | 我不想骗你 |
[35:47] | Then don’t. | 那就不要骗我 |
[35:50] | Please, just– | 求你了 只要 |
[35:52] | Just tell me what it is. | 只要告诉我怎么回事 |
[36:02] | I thought so. | 我就知道 |
[36:04] | – Rachel… – I’m done. | -瑞秋 -就这样吧 |
[36:05] | Rachel. Rachel, wait! | 瑞秋 瑞秋 等等 |
[36:10] | Rachel! | 瑞秋 |
[36:11] | Rachel, stop. Please, let me explain. | 瑞秋 等一下 拜托 我可以解释 |
[36:13] | – How? – Look, I want to tell you. | -怎么解释 -我想告诉你 |
[36:14] | – Then tell me. – I can’t. | -那就告诉我 -我不能 |
[36:17] | Why? I mean, what could it possibly be? | 为什么 到底是什么原因 |
[36:19] | You’re-you’re married? | 你结婚了吗 |
[36:20] | – You’re some kind of spy? – No, you don’t understand. | -还是你是间谍 -不是 你不懂 |
[36:22] | Look, once I tell you, I can never take it back. | 我一告诉你 就覆水难收了 |
[36:25] | This is my everything. | 这牵扯到我的一切 |
[36:31] | I can’t. | 我不能告诉你 |
[36:55] | Did you have fun? | 有意思吗 |
[36:56] | I wouldn’t say fun. | 有意思倒谈不上 |
[37:00] | You celebrating winning the case or beating me? | 你在庆祝赢了案子 还是打败了我 |
[37:02] | Two for the price of one. | 一举两得 |
[37:05] | Jessica loves a bargain. | 杰西卡就爱超值大放送 |
[37:06] | – You here for another round? -No. | -想再来一回合吗 -不了 |
[37:09] | I’m not here to start a fight. I’m here to apologize for one. | 我不是来吵架的 我是来道歉的 |
[37:12] | The partner meeting-you were welcoming me back. | 在合伙人会议上 你欢迎我回来 |
[37:16] | But I saw you sitting there in my old chair, | 但我看见你坐在我以前的椅子上 |
[37:18] | and I just– | 我就… |
[37:20] | I’m sorry. | 对不起 |
[37:24] | His words sound good. | 听上去很诚恳 |
[37:27] | Only one problem. | 只有一个问题 |
[37:29] | You were starting stuff before you even got here. | 你在回来之前就开始小动作了 |
[37:32] | Gifts to everyone, digging into cases, | 给大家小恩小惠 研究案子 |
[37:35] | constructing a new office. | 建新办公室 |
[37:37] | That was all part of coming back. | 这些都是为了回来做的准备 |
[37:38] | Not furnishing it with my tea set. | 把我的茶具摆在你的办公室算怎么回事 |
[37:40] | That’s what this is about? | 你就因为这事耿耿于怀吗 |
[37:42] | Don’t you remember where you got that tea set? | 你忘记你的茶具是哪儿来的吗 |
[37:46] | Alicia gave it to you. | 是艾丽西娅送给你的 |
[37:48] | And I took it because I missed her. | 我拿走是因为我怀念她 |
[37:51] | I’m sorry. | 对不起 |
[37:52] | I thought you would understand that. | 我以为你能理解 |
[38:05] | I need a copy of the final agreement the nurses signed. | 我要一份护士们签的最终协议 |
[38:08] | Yup, got it right here. | 好 就在这儿 |
[38:09] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[38:12] | You look different. | 你看上去不一样了 |
[38:14] | New clothes. Hair like that. | 穿了新衣服 还做了这种发型 |
[38:16] | You have a date. | 你今天有约会 |
[38:19] | – Good night, Donna. – Good night, Rachel. | -晚安 唐娜 -晚安 瑞秋 |
[38:24] | Mind if I come in? | 我能进来吗 |
[38:26] | Uh, truth be told, | 说实话 |
[38:27] | I was taking off for the afternoon. | 我下午请假了 |
[38:29] | Late night? | 昨天忙到很晚吗 |
[38:30] | – Nothing I can’t handle. – I believe it. | -没有我处理不了的事 -我知道 |
[38:32] | I heard your speech to the associates. | 我听到了你对助理们的讲话 |
[38:34] | And I just wanted to tell you how impressed I was. | 我就想告诉你 我很满意 |
[38:37] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[38:38] | I always knew you were the right man for the job, | 我早就知道你是这份工作的最佳人选 |
[38:40] | so it feels good to see it in action. | 所以看到你没让我失望 我很欣慰 |
[38:46] | – Something wrong? – No. | -有什么问题吗 -没有 |
[38:48] | Louis. | 路易 |
[38:51] | If you really heard me in there, | 如果你真的听明白我当时说的话 |
[38:55] | You’d know that I give them the chance | 你就知道我给了他们 |
[38:56] | to rise to the occasion. | 独自应对难题的机会 |
[38:58] | And I just wish every once in a while, | 而我只是希望 |
[39:01] | you might maybe do the same for me. | 你偶尔也能这么对我 |
[39:15] | You wanted to see me? | 找我吗 |
[39:16] | Yeah, Mike. Sit down. | 是的 迈克 坐吧 |
[39:29] | I wanted to tell you a story | 我想告诉你一个故事 |
[39:30] | that I should have told you the day Daniel came back. | 其实本在丹尼尔回来那天 我就该告诉你 |
[39:34] | When Jessica and I found out | 当杰西卡和我发现 |
[39:35] | that Daniel was embezzling from clients, | 丹尼尔挪用客户资金的时候 |
[39:37] | we confronted him. | 我们找他当面对质 |
[39:39] | He broke down. | 他情绪崩溃了 |
[39:40] | He said his wife had cancer, | 他说他妻子得了癌症 |
[39:42] | and he needed the money to try and save her life. | 他需要这笔钱挽救她的生命 |
[39:44] | Turns out, he needed the money | 但事实上 他要用这笔钱 |
[39:47] | to support his mistress. | 去养他的情妇 |
[39:51] | Now he’s saying he’s different. | 现在他又说他已经改了 |
[39:52] | But a man who would do that | 但能做出那种事的男人 |
[39:54] | is a man I find very difficult to trust. | 让我觉得很不可信 |
[39:59] | Do you trust me? | 你信任我吗 |
[40:01] | That’s what I wanted you to know. | 这就是我说给你听的原因 |
[40:14] | Is this your first time? | 这是你的第一次吗 |
[40:16] | No. I’m just… | 不是 我只是 |
[40:18] | trying to forget about the other times. | 想忘记其它几次不愉快的经历 |
[40:20] | Start fresh. | 从头开始 |
[40:21] | Look, I don’t mean to be rude. | 我不是不想跟你聊天 |
[40:23] | I just really want to concentrate. | 我只是想集中注意力 |
[40:25] | You have three hours to complete the exam. | 考试时间为三小时 |
[40:27] | Good luck. Your time starts now. | 祝你们好运 考试开始 |
[40:46] | Three times in one week. | 一周三次 |
[40:48] | I might have to write you back into my will. | 我可能要把你重写回我的遗嘱里了 |
[40:54] | What’s wrong? | 怎么了 |
[41:09] | Plavix… | 波立维 |
[41:12] | Stuck in my head, so I looked it up. | 在我脑海里挥之不去 所以我查了一下 |
[41:15] | Something that you take when you have a heart problem. | 心脏有问题才会吃这种药 |
[41:19] | Michael, I’m 82 years old. | 迈克 我已经82岁了 |
[41:21] | I have an everything problem. | 我哪儿都有问题 |
[41:24] | Why didn’t you tell me? | 你为什么没告诉我 |
[41:25] | That getting old sucks? | 告诉你变老很烦人吗 |
[41:28] | You’ll find out. | 你有一天会知道的 |
[41:29] | And I don’t tell you every little thing | 我不想把每件小事都告诉你 |
[41:31] | because I don’t want you to worry. | 因为我不想让你为我担心 |
[41:33] | And if you looked it up, you’d know | 你要是查了就该知道 |
[41:35] | that it’s-it’s for preventive purposes. | 这种药是起预防作用的 |
[41:37] | Did you read that part? | 你读到那部分说明了吗 |
[41:39] | Yeah, I kind of panicked when I got to the heart problem part. | 我读到心脏问题的那部分说明就慌了 |
[41:43] | I hope you do a more thorough job at work. | 我希望你工作的时候可别这么马虎 |
[41:45] | Okay, I make the trip down here | 我一路冲过来 |
[41:47] | to express some serious concern, and you mock me? | 对你这么关心 你竟然还嘲笑我 |
[41:51] | With love. | 是充满爱意的 |
[41:55] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[41:56] | Enough of your stupid health problems, | 不谈那些健康方面的蠢问题了 |
[41:58] | let’s get down to business, deal with some of my real ones. | 说点正事 我所面临的大问题 |
[42:01] | You’re young. | 你还年轻 |
[42:02] | You don’t have any real problems. | 你没什么大问题 |
[42:03] | Wrong. I am making way too much money, | 不对 我赚了这么多钱 |
[42:05] | and I don’t have a girlfriend to spend it on. | 但还缺个女朋友帮我花 |
[42:07] | I know a few single ladies. | 我认识几位单身的姑娘 |
[42:11] | Really? | 真的吗 |
[42:12] | I can’t go older than 70 though. It’s a ground rule. | 70岁以上我可不要 这是底线 |