时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:17] | I want to, uh… | 我想 |
[00:30] | Taupe. | 棕色 |
[00:36] | – Is that… – Justice Thomas. | -那是… -托马斯法官 |
[00:37] | I knew it. | 我就知道 |
[00:38] | What can I do for you, Louis? | 有什么事 路易 |
[00:39] | Ah, to the point. Of course. | 那我就直说了 |
[00:41] | I wanted t… | 我想要 |
[00:43] | I wanted to congratulate you on bringing in Pfister Insurance | 祝贺您拉到了菲斯特保险公司这个大客户 |
[00:46] | and let you know I’ve taken the liberty | 还想跟您说 我已经主动 |
[00:48] | of putting together the initial paperwork. | 把开头的文书工作都整理好了 |
[00:49] | Excellent. Leave it there. | 真不错 放下吧 |
[00:51] | I wanted to follow it through. | 我想继续跟进 |
[00:53] | I would relish the opportunity to… | 我非常乐意有机会… |
[00:54] | Nonsense. Louis, it’s beneath you. | 胡说什么啊 路易 这可是屈才啊 |
[00:56] | Oh, I think you’ll find nothing’s beneath me. | 您会发现我能屈能伸 |
[00:59] | Are you offering something untoward to me? | 你是想给我找麻烦吗 |
[01:02] | I’m simply saying that I’m not oblivious to the fact | 我只是说我知道咱们这里有了点小变动 |
[01:05] | that there’s change afoot, firm dynamic-wise. | 律所都这样 有上有下 |
[01:07] | We used to be–huh. | 咱们以前还有点分量 |
[01:09] | Now, we’re kinda–hmm. | 现在有些不得志 |
[01:13] | We might need a little. | 我们得奋起反抗 |
[01:15] | You know? Louis. | 你知道吗 路易 |
[01:17] | I’d like things to operate with a certain integrity around here. | 我这人做事喜欢光明正大 |
[01:21] | Oh, I admire that philosophy. | 我很尊重你的做人原则 |
[01:22] | I actually try to live by it myself. | 我自己也想这样 |
[01:24] | Good. | 很好 |
[01:26] | Now, can you do me a favor? | 现在能帮我个忙吗 |
[01:30] | Anything. | 任您差遣 |
[01:31] | Send Mike Ross to me. | 叫迈克·罗斯过来找我 |
[01:33] | Ross? You want to work with Ross? | 罗斯 您想跟罗斯一起共事 |
[01:35] | He’s actually working for me right now | 他现在正为我做事呢 |
[01:37] | on the Liquid Water Litigation, | 正在处理液态水公司诉讼案 |
[01:40] | and he’s been on it for weeks, and I wish I could do it, | 他已经做了几周了 虽然我很愿意帮忙 |
[01:42] | but I cannot. I can’t do it right now. | 但实在没办法 现在不行 |
[01:44] | Then forget I said anything. | 当我什么都没说 |
[01:45] | But I can give you Dickinson. | 但是我可以找迪金森 |
[01:50] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[01:53] | Let me know how that works out. | 告诉那个案子的进展 |
[01:55] | With Ross. | 在罗斯的协助下 |
[01:57] | Okay. | 好的 |
[02:01] | Um, I am taking Mike exclusively for the next two weeks. | 我得借用迈克两星期 |
[02:03] | Excuse me? | 什么意思 |
[02:04] | I’m calling in my chit. | 我要用属于我的小家伙 |
[02:06] | Our wager? The price sisters? My triumph? | 咱们打的赌 我赢了 |
[02:08] | – Does that ring a bell? – Can’t have him. | -想起来了吗 -不给你 |
[02:10] | Oh, well, then I guess you’d rather | 这样啊 那你是情愿 |
[02:11] | that I announce to the entire office | 我向整个公司宣告 |
[02:13] | that the mighty Harvey Specter is a welcher. | 伟大的哈维·斯佩克特是个骗子 |
[02:16] | I didn’t welch. You passed on him. | 我可没骗 是你自己不要他的 |
[02:20] | Okay, please. I’m begging you. I need him. | 好吧好吧 求求你 我需要他 |
[02:22] | Okay, tell you what, Louis. | 告诉你吧 路易 |
[02:24] | Just say out loud that I am the best closer in New York, | 你只需要大声说 我是纽约最好的律师 |
[02:27] | – and you can have him. – Fine. | -他就能借给你使 -好吧 |
[02:29] | To Donna. | 说给唐娜听 |
[02:30] | – No. – Then we don’t have a deal. | -不行 -那就没得谈了 |
[02:33] | Welcher. | 骗子 |
[02:35] | That was fun. Morning. | 有意思 早上好 |
[02:37] | If that’s a big check, | 如果是张大额支票 |
[02:39] | I want another Marni bag. | 那我还要一个玛尼的包包 |
[02:40] | Hands off the vinyl, junior. | 别碰那些唱片 小伙子 |
[02:42] | 10:00, nice of you to join us. | 现在才十点 看到你来很欣慰啊 |
[02:44] | I was closing Cranston this morning. | 早上我刚把克莱斯顿案子结了 |
[02:46] | Oh, yeah? Couldn’t get it done by 9:00, huh? | 是吗 不能早点完成啊 |
[02:47] | You’re a little lippy for a Monday. | 周一你有点多嘴哦 |
[02:50] | – What the hell? – What? What is it? | -什么名堂 -怎么了 |
[02:53] | “Draft of complaint from Smith and Devane, | 史密斯和戴维安律所的投诉草案 |
[02:55] | threatening to reopen Randall v. CM,” | 威胁要重启兰德尔诉科斯特尔汽车公司案 |
[02:57] | A case I won 4 years ago. | 这案子是我四年前打赢的 |
[02:58] | Randall v. CM? | 兰德尔诉科斯特尔汽车公司 |
[03:00] | Ah, accident on the Merritt Parkway. | 对了 发生在梅里特公园大道的交通事故 |
[03:02] | They claimed it was Coastal Motors’ hood, | 他们说是科斯特尔汽车公司的引擎盖出了问题 |
[03:03] | You killed it in court by saying it was the driver. | 你把责任推到了驾驶员身上 打赢了官司 |
[03:07] | This can’t be surprising to you anymore. | 你知道 我过目不忘 |
[03:09] | They’re saying there’s new evidence. | 他们声称出现了新的证据 |
[03:10] | New evidence? It’s product liability. | 新证据 这可是产品责任案件 |
[03:12] | The statute of limitations is expired. | 诉讼时效已过 |
[03:14] | Which means it’s a shakedown. | 所以说这是勒索 |
[03:16] | You gotta quash that shit. | 你能随便摆平这种事情 |
[03:17] | I do, and I will. | 肯定的 |
[03:21] | Come on. The Spinners? Really? | 拜托 纺纱工乐队 没搞错吧 |
[03:24] | For your information, The spinners were | 听好了 纺纱工乐队可是 |
[03:26] | one of the defining pop bands of their time. | 那个时代最具特色的流行乐队 |
[03:28] | Oh. Oh, wow, sorry. | 哦哦 对不起 |
[03:30] | Yeah, that’s cool, like, uh, like, the Jonas Brothers | 很棒啊 就像是现在的乔纳森兄弟 |
[03:32] | or Hanson or ‘NSYNC or Selena Gomez, yeah. | 汉森兄弟 超级男孩或者赛琳娜·戈麦斯 |
[03:40] | Come here, lippy. I want to show you something. | 过来 让你多嘴 给你看点东西 |
[03:41] | Yeah? What, you got Bieber fever? | 是吗 你迷上贾斯汀比伯了吗 |
[03:54] | Prepare motions to dismiss by end of day Thursday, | 在周四前做好撤销指控动议的准备 |
[03:56] | and don’t puss out when Judge Edelstein | 如果艾德斯坦法官试图 |
[03:58] | tries to stifle my brilliance. | 扼杀我的聪慧时千万别抓狂 |
[04:01] | – He’s all yours. – What? | -他归你了 -什么 |
[04:04] | Why the sudden change of mind? | 为什么突然改主意了 |
[04:05] | Does it matter? | 有关系吗 |
[04:07] | You’re punishing him, aren’t you? | 你是在惩罚他 对吧 |
[04:08] | – Yes. – So you’re saying | -对 -所以你的意思是 |
[04:09] | – working for me is punishment? – As far as I’m concerned, | -为我做事是种惩罚 -就我而言 |
[04:11] | this whole conversation’s punishment. | 这整场对话都是惩罚 |
[04:12] | Oh, here we go. | 原来如此 |
[04:13] | – Duration? – One case. | -时限 -就这一个案子 |
[04:15] | – Jurisdiction? – Exclusive. | -权限 -独享 |
[04:16] | – What can I do to him? – What do you want to do to him? | -能用到什么程度 -为所欲为 |
[04:18] | Harvey. | 哈维 |
[04:21] | Things. | 规则说清楚 |
[04:22] | That is not a legitimate answer. | 这可不是什么合法的答案 |
[04:23] | Honor the boundaries of labor law? | 只要不违反劳动法 |
[04:25] | I prefer the Geneva Convention. | 我不会违反日内瓦公约对虐囚的规定 |
[04:26] | – Then we have a deal. – We– | -说定了 -我们… |
[04:31] | I think I need a sick day. | 我要请一天病假 |
[04:42] | Careful there, Harv. | 小心点 哈维 |
[04:43] | That’s high-end brazilian cherry | 那可是从南美热带雨林运过来的 |
[04:45] | from the South American rainforest. | 高端巴西樱桃木 |
[04:47] | Tanner. You selling furniture now? | 坦纳 你现在改卖家具了 |
[04:49] | No, but if we both did, | 没 如果咱俩都去卖 |
[04:51] | I’d sell more than you. | 我肯定比你业绩好 |
[04:52] | I thought I told you to stay out of my city. | 我好像告诉你滚出属于我的城市 |
[04:54] | Can’t. I’m the newest senior partner | 没办法 我是史密斯和戴维安律所 |
[04:56] | at Smith and Devane. | 最新的资深合伙人 |
[04:57] | Don’t get too comfortable. | 别高兴得太早 |
[04:58] | If all you’re bringing is the Boston Shakedown, | 如果你带来的是那个波士顿诈骗案 |
[05:00] | you’re not gonna be here long. | 那你可待不长 |
[05:01] | Oh, I’m bringing more than that, Harvey. | 那我带来的可不止这么点 哈维 |
[05:03] | Randall versus CM is a winner. | 兰德尔诉科斯特尔汽车公司案我们赢定了 |
[05:05] | That case was litigated. | 这个案子已经结了 |
[05:06] | – Not by me. – Well, let me | -我可不同意 -好吧 让我 |
[05:07] | bring you up to speed. | 给你省点时间 |
[05:08] | Frank Randall had a history of substance abuse. | 弗兰克·兰德尔有滥用药物史 |
[05:11] | His family tried to blame Coastal Motors, | 他的家人试图将责任转嫁到科斯特尔汽车公司 |
[05:14] | but his death had nothing to do | 但他的死跟汽车的生产和设计 |
[05:16] | with the carmaker or its design. | 一点关系都没有 |
[05:17] | Yeah, well, we’ve got new evidence | 好吧 我们现在有新的证据 |
[05:18] | that contradicts that assertion. | 可以证明你的话是错误的 |
[05:20] | Oh, look at that, you learned some new words. | 看呀 你学了点新把戏 |
[05:22] | Even if it were true, the statute of limitations ran out. | 即使是这样 诉讼时效已经过了 |
[05:25] | Well, what you call a shakedown, | 虽然你认为我们是在勒索 |
[05:27] | I call a sure thing. | 但我可以告诉你我们赢定了 |
[05:30] | This is an internal memo. | 这是内部备忘 |
[05:31] | Showing that CM knew about engineering defects. | 证明科斯特尔事先都知道设计上有缺陷 |
[05:34] | You’re on the wrong side of this one, Harvey. | 这回你站错队了 哈维 |
[05:37] | I never saw this thing in my life. | 我从没见过这玩意儿 |
[05:38] | Sure looks like you did, and that statute of limitations | 怎么没见过 诉讼时效 |
[05:41] | doesn’t apply to fraudulent concealment. | 可不适用于存在欺诈性隐瞒的案件 |
[05:43] | I didn’t conceal jack shit. | 我没隐瞒过这个狗屁玩意儿 |
[05:45] | Harvey, that’s for your client. | 哈维 这是对你客户的报价 |
[05:46] | We want $46 million and not a penny less. | 我们要求四千六百万美元的赔偿 没得商量 |
[05:49] | And this, well, that’s for you | 这个是给你的 |
[05:51] | Because we’re suing you and your entire firm for fraud. | 因为我们要起诉你和你们整家事务所诈骗 |
[05:55] | You really want to come after me again? | 你真的还想咬着我不放吗 |
[05:57] | I’m not moving down here for the sushi. | 我来这不是吃寿司的 |
[05:59] | 0-2 doesn’t look good on a resume. | 连输我两局可不好看 |
[06:02] | You know, I’m thinking Upper East Side. | 我正考虑搬去上东区 |
[06:04] | Well, why don’t you check out | 你怎么不去看看 |
[06:05] | the corner of 81st and kiss my ass? | 81街角然后去死吧 |
[06:45] | This looks bad, Harvey. | 这事看起来很糟糕 哈维 |
[06:46] | I don’t care how it looks, it’s bullshit. | 我才不管看起来怎么样 这就是胡扯 |
[06:48] | Then tell me what’s bullshit because I’m looking at | 那你告诉我怎么胡扯了 |
[06:50] | a document that undermines your entire defense. | 我正看着一份能击溃你所有辩护的文件呢 |
[06:52] | An anonymous memo with names and dates blacked out. | 只是一份匿名备注 姓名和日期还涂黑了 |
[06:54] | It’s damning, and it implicates you in a cover-up. | 这是毁灭性的 还暗示你蓄意隐瞒 |
[06:57] | Never crossed my desk. | 我从没见过 |
[06:58] | I’m not saying it did. I’m saying it looks bad. | 我没说你见过 我是说这事看起来很糟糕 |
[07:03] | I don’t want Daniel knowing about this. | 我不想让丹尼尔知道这件事 |
[07:05] | I got nothing to hide. I didn’t do anything wrong. | 我没什么要隐瞒的 我也没做错什么 |
[07:07] | I believe you, but you’re not my only concern at the moment. | 我相信你 但我现在要担心的不止是你的事 |
[07:10] | You know full well what Daniel will do | 你很清楚 如果丹尼尔知道 |
[07:12] | if he finds out you’re being accused of fraud | 有人起诉你诈骗 而且还发生在我眼皮底下 |
[07:14] | and it happened on my watch. | 他会做什么 |
[07:16] | He’ll use it against us, but I also know | 他会借机对付我们 但我也知道 |
[07:18] | that he’s familiar with the people at CM, | 他和科斯特尔汽车公司的人很熟 |
[07:20] | and he’s bound to find out sooner or later. | 他早晚都会知道这事的 |
[07:22] | Then make it go away before it gets to sooner. | 那就趁他还不知道 把这事处理掉 |
[07:32] | Durham Foods V. Liquid Water. | 达勒姆食品公司和液态水公司的官司 |
[07:34] | I need motions to dismiss, compel, | 我需要撤案申请 仲裁申请 |
[07:35] | strike, and change venue. | 打击申请 审判地点变更申请 |
[07:37] | Why are they not finished yet? | 怎么还没办好 |
[07:38] | Okay, Louis, I might be a quick study, | 路易 我学东西也许是挺快的 |
[07:40] | but I’m gonna need a tad more information than that. | 但我还需要多一点的信息 |
[07:43] | Have you heard of Liquid Water? | 你听说过液态水公司吗 |
[07:44] | Yeah, sure. Liquid Water. “We put the I.Q. in liquid.” | 当然 液态水 “多喝多聪明” |
[07:49] | You see? You already know the client. | 看到没 你很清楚我们的委托人 |
[07:51] | – What did they do? – They didn’t do anything. | -他们干了什么 -什么都没干 |
[07:52] | They’re being accused | 他们被控告 |
[07:53] | of coming up with a deceptive slogan. | 虚假宣传 |
[07:54] | – By Durham Foods. – Exactly. | -原告是达勒姆食品公司 -没错 |
[07:56] | They have their own line of bottled water, which, | 他们也有瓶装水生产线 |
[07:58] | by the way, tastes like a stagnant pond. | 只不过味道像臭河沟里的水 |
[08:00] | So how do we defend against their claim? | 那这官司我们要怎么打 |
[08:02] | Who said anything about “we”, white man? | 谁说是”我们”了 傻孩子 |
[08:04] | My defense is puffery. | 我的辩护策略就是夸大广告 |
[08:06] | Oh, you’re gonna stick out your chest? | 你要挺起胸膛吗 |
[08:07] | No, Mike, “puffery” is… | 不 迈克 “夸大广告”是 |
[08:09] | A big, bold, empty statement | 响亮 有力 空洞的语言 |
[08:10] | not meant to be taken as fact, therefore | 并不一定是事实 因此 |
[08:11] | not subject to deceptive advertising litigation. | 不算是虚假广告诉讼 |
[08:14] | Touche. | 很好 |
[08:16] | See? It’s a solid case. | 看到没 赢定了 |
[08:17] | I agree. No one would actually believe | 我同意 没人真会相信 |
[08:19] | that drinking Liquid Water would raise your I.Q. | 饮用液态水会提高智商 |
[08:22] | I mean, who would be that stupid? | 谁会这么蠢 |
[08:23] | I mean, other than people who actually drink… | 除了那些喝 |
[08:26] | Liquid Water. | 液态水的人 |
[08:31] | You know what? Whatever. | 随便了 |
[08:31] | Just don’t mention that last part in the deposition, | 别在证词里提及最后那段就行了 |
[08:34] | – Okay? – Yeah, okay. | -好吗 -好的 |
[08:34] | Wait, Louis? | 等等 路易 |
[08:36] | Um, if we’re claiming puffery, | 既然我们以夸大广告辩护 |
[08:38] | why do I need to waste all my time with these motions? | 为什么我还要浪费时间做办这些申请呢 |
[08:40] | All right, let me explain something to you. | 好吧 我来解释给你听 |
[08:42] | We’re at war, and in times of war, | 我们在打仗呢 在战争中 |
[08:44] | a private does not question his commanding officer. | 列兵不可以质疑其指挥官 |
[08:46] | If I ask you to wipe out a village, | 如果我要你去消灭一个村落 |
[08:47] | you say, “How high?” | 你就说”马上去” |
[08:48] | – That… – Which brings me to my next point. | -那也 -顺便说下一点 |
[08:50] | You report to me and me only. | 你要向我 而且只能向我报告 |
[08:51] | You don’t talk about our business with anyone else. | 不能和别人讨论我们的案子 |
[08:53] | You’re in by 7:00, you’re out no sooner than 10:00, | 七点上班 十点前不能下班 |
[08:55] | and here’s the most important thing, | 最重要的是 不能滚床单 |
[08:56] | no sex of any kind. | 不管是和男人还是女人 |
[08:57] | Weakens legs, clouds your judgment. Got it? | 这是弱点 会混淆你的判断力 明白了吗 |
[08:59] | – I’m not sure I do. – Good. | -不是很明白 -很好 |
[09:00] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[09:03] | No sex. | 不能滚床单 |
[09:05] | – No sex. – Got it. | -不许滚床单 -明白了 |
[09:13] | Oh, my God. | 天哪 |
[09:15] | Well? | 如何 |
[09:17] | Oh, my God. | 天哪 |
[09:17] | Donna, I need to know if you ever saw this. | 唐娜 你到底有没有见过这个 |
[09:20] | Yes, Harvey, I saw the smoking gun | 见过 哈维 我见过 |
[09:22] | in a multimillion-dollar liability claim, | 数百万美金责任索赔案里的确凿罪证 |
[09:24] | and I hid it from you. | 还把它藏了起来 |
[09:26] | I also know where Amelia Earhart’s living, and I have | 我也知道阿梅莉亚·埃尔哈特住在哪 |
[09:28] | the missing 18 minutes from the Watergate tapes. | 我还有水门事件录音带中消失的十八分钟 |
[09:30] | All right, take it easy. | 好了 别激动 |
[09:31] | I don’t like having my competence questioned. | 我不喜欢有人质疑我的能力 |
[09:33] | Yeah, and I don’t like being sued for fraud. | 我还不喜欢有人起诉我诈骗呢 |
[09:35] | That document never came into this office, | 这份文件从没进过这间办公室 |
[09:36] | or you would have seen it. | 不然你一定会看到的 |
[09:37] | Donna, two dozen people worked on this case, | 唐娜 这么多人办这件案子 |
[09:40] | and any one of them could have seen it and missed it. | 任何一个人都可能看到了却没注意 |
[09:42] | I need to know that didn’t happen, | 我得知道这种事没有发生 |
[09:43] | or I need to know who to fire. | 要不然我该开除谁 |
[09:46] | Give me an order. | 发号施令吧 |
[09:48] | Go through every file in the original case | 检查原案中所有的文件 |
[09:50] | and make sure that document isn’t in them, | 确保这份文件不在其中 |
[09:52] | and do it without anyone knowing. | 别让人知道 |
[09:54] | Done. | 遵命 |
[10:00] | Okay, ha ha, joke’s on me. | 笑话我吧 |
[10:02] | Aren’t you Louis’s boy? | 你不是路易的人吗 |
[10:03] | Yes, I get it. No more fondling the vinyl. | 我明白 再也不摸你的唱片了 |
[10:05] | Or besmirching the good name of the spinners. | 也不能再损害纺纱工乐队的美名 |
[10:07] | Yes, I totally deserve to be handed over | 没错 因为这个原因而把我交给 |
[10:10] | to the poor man’s Lex Luthor for that. | 那个可怜的奸角完全是我自找的 |
[10:12] | Please, Harvey, you have to get me back. | 拜托 哈维 你必须让我回来 |
[10:15] | – Have to? – Will you? | -必须 -你愿意吗 |
[10:16] | He thinks we’re going to war. | 他觉得我们要上战场了 |
[10:18] | He give you the “burn down the village” speech? | 他跟你说了那套”消灭村落”的理论了吗 |
[10:20] | Yes. What is it with him? | 是的 他怎么回事啊 |
[10:22] | It’s like the pony thing all over again. | 就像”良驹”事件再次上演 |
[10:24] | He’s, like, the captain of mixed metaphors. | 他还真是混合隐喻的高手 |
[10:25] | Look, I can’t take you back now. | 我现在不能让你回来 |
[10:27] | I have to honor my bet, | 我打了赌就要讲信用 |
[10:29] | especially since my honor’s in question. | 尤其现在我的信用受到质疑 |
[10:31] | Okay, why are you strangely emphasizing the word “honor”? | 你为什么要强调”信用”这个词 |
[10:34] | This letter of complaint. | 因为这封投诉信 |
[10:35] | I’m being accused of fraud by Travis Tanner. | 特拉维斯·坦纳要起诉我诈骗 |
[10:38] | Isn’t that like the pot accusing the kettle of… fraud? | 你们俩不是半斤八两的吗 |
[10:42] | I’m going to the airport to talk to CM right now. | 我现在要去机场和科斯特尔汽车公司的人谈谈 |
[10:45] | I want to reassure Lawrence Kemp | 我要消除劳伦斯·坎普的疑虑 |
[10:46] | that we’re all over this. | 告诉他我们已经在处理了 |
[10:47] | Please, Harvey, come on. Take me with you. | 拜托 哈维 带上我吧 |
[10:49] | I can do this. I can work for both of you. | 我可以的 我可以同时为你们俩做事的 |
[10:51] | It’s too risky. I’m solo on this. | 太冒险了 我一个人搞定 |
[10:53] | Besides, I’ve got a relationship with Kemp. | 再说了 我和坎普还是有些交情的 |
[10:55] | I should talk to him alone. | 我得单独跟他谈 |
[10:57] | Not a word to Louis. Understand? | 对路易只字不提 明白吗 |
[10:59] | Yeah. Hey, he said that I can’t have sex | 明白 他说我和他共事的时候 |
[11:01] | while I’m working with him. Is that really his call? | 不能滚床单 他说了算吗 |
[11:04] | Well, he is your commanding officer. | 他是你的指挥官 |
[11:31] | You looking for civil torts, volume three? | 你在找民事侵权案 第三卷吗 |
[11:33] | People put that in criminal law. I hate that. | 他们把它放在刑法里 真讨厌 |
[11:35] | Yeah, I know. Me too. | 对啊 真讨厌 |
[11:37] | Oh, I knew we had something in common. | 我就知道我们有共同点 |
[11:39] | You need my help? | 要我帮忙吗 |
[11:40] | Ah… no, I’ve actually got it right… there. | 不用了 我找到了 就在 那里 |
[11:43] | I’m sorry. I was just trying to help you. | 抱歉 我只是想帮忙 |
[11:46] | Harold, you’re the associate, | 哈罗德 你是助理律师 |
[11:47] | and I’m the paralegal. | 我只是个干杂活的 |
[11:48] | It’s my job to help you, not the other way around. | 应该由我来帮助你 而不是反过来 |
[11:51] | I don’t see us that way. | 我不觉得 |
[11:53] | Okay, um, you want to help me? My… my stapler is broken. | 你想帮我吗 我的订书机坏了 |
[11:56] | Could you get me a new one? | 能帮我拿一个新的吗 |
[11:57] | I’ll get you three. | 我给你拿三个来 |
[11:59] | Harold. | 哈罗德 |
[12:06] | Thank you. | 多谢 |
[12:13] | Good to see you, Lawrence. | 很高兴见到你 劳伦斯 |
[12:14] | Harvey, good to see you. | 哈维 很高兴见到你 |
[12:15] | Sorry this had to be on the fly. | 抱歉在这儿见面 |
[12:17] | It’s not a problem. | 没关系 |
[12:18] | I want to start by giving you my word | 首先我要郑重告诉你 |
[12:20] | that we crushed this suit once, | 上次诉讼我们大获全胜 |
[12:21] | we’re gonna to crush it again. | 这次也不会输 |
[12:22] | I should hope so. | 希望如此 |
[12:24] | I was hoping to have this discussion privately. | 我本打算和你单独交谈的 |
[12:26] | Well, this is our new general counsel, Matt Lasker. | 这是本公司新法律总顾问马特·拉斯科 |
[12:28] | He insisted on being part of the discussion. | 他坚持要参与这次对话 |
[12:30] | Forgive me, I’m just getting up to speed. | 请谅解 我是为了熟悉情况 |
[12:32] | – Then you should know that… – Out of curiosity, | -那你应该很清楚 -我不得其解 |
[12:33] | why did you receive a draft of the complaint | 你怎么会在我们之前收到 |
[12:35] | before we did, Mr. Specter? | 控诉草案 斯佩克特先生 |
[12:38] | Travis Tanner gave me an advanced copy. | 特拉维斯·坦纳给了我份样本 |
[12:40] | Must like you. | 真像你的作风 |
[12:41] | We have a special relationship. | 我们关系特殊 |
[12:43] | – Which I’ve looked into. – Harvey, | -我查过了 -哈维 |
[12:45] | He really seems to have a bone to pick with you. | 他似乎是故意和你过不去 |
[12:47] | That’s not gonna be a problem. | 这没什么问题 |
[12:48] | It may be for us. | 对我们可能就是问题 |
[12:53] | Tanner came to see you, didn’t he? | 坦纳找过你了 是吧 |
[12:56] | – At our request. – Lawrence, I’m telling you, | -在我们的恳请下 -劳伦斯 我告诉你 |
[12:58] | We can handle this. | 我们能搞定这事 |
[12:59] | We just need to stick together. | 只要我们团结一致 |
[13:01] | Look, if I’m going to defend us against this suit– | 如果我要打这场官司 |
[13:03] | “If” being the operative word. | “如果”这个词很重要 |
[13:09] | Am I being fired? | 你们是在解雇我吗 |
[13:10] | We’re keeping you on retainer | 在我们进行选择的同时 |
[13:12] | while we evaluate our options. | 会暂时保留对你的聘用 |
[13:13] | Don’t you see, Tanner’s trying to put a wedge between us? | 你看不出坦纳在试图挑拨我们吗 |
[13:15] | What Lawrence is reluctant to tell you is, | 劳伦斯不想亲口告诉你 |
[13:18] | your relationship with this man | 正是因为你和这人的关系 |
[13:19] | has put us directly in his crosshairs. | 才让他把枪口对准了我们 |
[13:21] | There is a wedge between us. | 我们之间确实有嫌隙 |
[13:24] | Maybe Lawrence’s reluctance stems from the fact | 也许劳伦斯不管以亲口告诉我 |
[13:26] | that I also have a relationship with him. | 是因为我和他也交情甚密 |
[13:28] | Harvey, I have a corporate responsibility here. | 哈维 我身负对公司的义务 |
[13:31] | Well, while you’re evaluating your options, | 在你们进行选择律师的同时 |
[13:33] | why don’t you think about | 不妨想想 |
[13:34] | who was there for your company four years ago | 四年前是谁帮你们打赢了官司 |
[13:35] | and what happened to your stock price after I won. | 还有赢了之后公司股价是怎么飙涨的 |
[13:38] | Oh, you got paid very well for that. | 你也赚得盘满钵满 |
[13:40] | As were you. | 你也是呢 |
[13:41] | You had a huge bonus that year, | 你那年分红颇丰 |
[13:43] | and I don’t actually recall it ever going back down. | 此后更是一路飘红 |
[13:45] | There’s no need to get personal. | 我们只是公事公办 |
[13:47] | You… our asses are on the line, | 你 我们已经命悬一线了 |
[13:48] | and you’re trying to cut me loose, it’s personal. | 而你想着要解雇我 别说只是公事公办 |
[13:50] | – Harvey. – Save the “It’s not you, it’s me” speech, okay? | -哈维 -别再说”问题在我 与你无关”了 |
[13:54] | Be a man and make a clean break. | 拿出点勇气直截了当地说吧 |
[13:56] | – Fine. – No. | -行 -别 |
[13:57] | You’re fired. | 你被解雇了 |
[13:58] | He’s on record. | 他公开声明了 |
[14:08] | Remember I told you it was too risky | 还记得我和你说过 |
[14:09] | to work with me and Louis at the same time? | 同时替我和路易两人工作太冒险吗 |
[14:11] | Yes. | 记得 |
[14:13] | We have to take that risk. | 我们得冒这险了 |
[14:14] | I need you to go through every file in this case. | 去仔细查看这案子所有的档案 |
[14:17] | You mean you want me to find what you missed? | 你意思是要我找你遗漏的线索 |
[14:19] | I didn’t miss anything. | 我设么也没遗漏 |
[14:20] | I need you to go through those files | 我要你去查看那些档案 |
[14:22] | and tell me what’s not in there. Shit, I gotta go. | 然后告诉我里面缺了什么 先挂了 |
[14:28] | What happened? | 怎么样了 |
[14:29] | Well, I got good news and bad news. | 好消息坏消息都有 |
[14:31] | – What’s the bad news? I got us fired. | -什么坏消息 -我害我们被解雇了 |
[14:34] | What’s the good news? | 那好消息呢 |
[14:35] | Anything we find from here on out | 现在起我们找到的一切资料 |
[14:37] | is no longer covered by attorney client privilege. | 都不受客户保密条款限制了 |
[14:49] | Did you find what you’re not looking for? | 找到你不想找的东西了吗 |
[14:51] | No, did you find what you’re not looking for? | 没 你找到了吗 |
[14:53] | Nope. Oh, my God, it is so stuffy in here. | 没 天啊 这里真是闷得慌 |
[14:56] | What are the symptoms of carbon dioxide poisoning? | 二氧化碳中毒症状有哪些 |
[14:58] | Headaches, dizziness, mental confusion, | 头痛 头晕 精神错乱 |
[15:01] | mental confusion. | 精神错乱 |
[15:05] | Kevin, trusts and estates? | 是信托地产部的凯文吗 |
[15:07] | No, it’s too meek. It’s gotta be a woman. | 不 这声音太温柔了 肯定是个女的 |
[15:09] | Who is it? | 是哪位 |
[15:10] | – Harold. I need a stapler. – I was right. | -哈罗德 我要个订书机 -我猜对了 |
[15:13] | Okay, there are files everywhere. | 好了 这里档案满地是 |
[15:14] | He’s gonna be suspicious. What do we do? | 他肯定会起疑心的 怎么办 |
[15:15] | Don’t worry, I got it. | 没事 交给我了 |
[15:16] | – I got this. – What are you… | -看我的 -你在 |
[15:17] | – Come here. – What’s going on? | -过来 -你要干什么 |
[15:23] | Come in. | 请进 |
[15:27] | Hi, Harold, honey. | 你好 哈罗德 亲爱的 |
[15:30] | Is this why it says, “Do not enter?” | 难道门上写”请勿进入”是因为这个 |
[15:31] | We’re kind of busy in here. Do you mind if, um… | 我们现在有点忙 你能不能… |
[15:34] | you know, | 你懂的 |
[15:35] | You just don’t bother us anymore? | 别来打搅我们 |
[15:36] | Sure. No problem. | 没问题 |
[15:42] | Yeah, he didn’t notice the files. | 很好 他没注意到档案 |
[15:43] | Oh, shit, I’m late for Louis’s settlement conference. | 该死 路易的和解会议 我要迟到了 |
[15:47] | Uh, and…thanks. | 多谢了 |
[15:53] | You’re welcome. | 不客气 |
[15:54] | And then I take the shuttle to Grand Central, | 然后我乘班车到中央车站 |
[15:56] | And then I take the local from there. | 然后从那里坐公车 |
[15:57] | I think you’ll find that… pleasurable, actually. | 实际上这还挺不错的 |
[16:00] | Sorry, restroom. | 抱歉 去洗手间了 |
[16:01] | No, that’s okay. This is my associate, Mike Ross. | 没事 这是我的助理 迈克·罗斯 |
[16:03] | He was busy, uh, drafting some pertinent documents. | 他在忙着起草相关文件 |
[16:09] | Motion to dismiss, motion to compel, | 解雇动议 强制执行动议 |
[16:12] | motion to strike, motion to change venue, | 打击动议 审判地点变更动议 |
[16:15] | And we have another half dozen in the pipeline. | 还有数份尚在酝酿 |
[16:17] | No, they’re here. | 不 已经做好了 |
[16:19] | What is this? | 你们这是做什么 |
[16:20] | This was supposed to be a settlement conference. | 这应该是个和解会议 |
[16:21] | Oh, we’re not here to settle. We’re proceeding to trial. | 我们不是来和解的 我们准备上法庭 |
[16:24] | You want to take this case to trial? | 你想把这案子搬上法庭 |
[16:26] | Unless I can’t hear the sound of my own voice, | 除非我听力有问题 |
[16:29] | I believe that’s what I just frickin’ said. | 我想我刚才就他妈这么说的 |
[16:31] | We’re the little guy. | 我们是弱势群体 |
[16:33] | Your parent company’s a behemoth. | 你们的母公司是强势群体 |
[16:36] | A jury’s gonna hate you. | 陪审团不会喜欢你们的 |
[16:37] | Well, thanks to your disgusting smears in the media, | 鉴于你们借媒体恶意诬陷 |
[16:39] | that might be true, | 你说的确有可能 |
[16:40] | which is why we’re also filing a countersuit | 所以我们要提出反诉 |
[16:42] | for libel, slander, and anything else | 包括诽谤 造谣 以及 |
[16:44] | that might be appropriate in this case. | 任何可行的罪状 |
[16:46] | Tortious interference? | 侵权干扰怎样 |
[16:48] | This is… you got… this is not good faith, Mr. Litt. | 你这样很不诚实守信 利特先生 |
[16:50] | Sir, you have besmirched the good name of Liquid Water, | 先生 你玷污了液态水公司的名誉 |
[16:53] | And if you think that we’re here for a settlement conference, | 如果你天真地认为这是和解会议 |
[16:56] | Well, let me just correct that one for you right now. | 请允许我立即纠正你 |
[16:58] | We are not settling. We will not be settling. | 我们没想过和解 以后也不会 |
[17:00] | In fact, the only thing that’s settling here | 事实上 目前唯一铁定的就是 |
[17:02] | is the sediment at the bottom of your putrid water. Get me? | 你现在是一潭死水了 明白吗 |
[17:06] | Now be sure to take that Grand Central shuttle | 别忘记照我说的 去坐趟 |
[17:08] | like I told you, okay? I think you’re gonna love it. | 中央火站的班车 你肯定会喜欢的 |
[17:11] | – Uh, that was… – Amazing? I know. | -刚才真是 -太棒了 我知道 |
[17:13] | I’m sorry, Louis, that I, uh | 抱歉 路易 我 |
[17:15] | Questioned my orders? I know. | 质疑了我的命令 我知道 |
[17:16] | I thought it was just busy work. | 我以为只是繁杂的工作而已 |
[17:18] | Well, it wasn’t. For every hour you spent drafting them, | 不然 你每花一个小时起草文件 |
[17:20] | They’re gonna spend ten hours | 他们就会绞尽脑汁 用十倍的时间 |
[17:21] | figuring out how to argue it back in court. | 想办法在庭审时驳回 |
[17:23] | You’re gonna bury them in paperwork. | 你想用文山纸海把他们埋了 |
[17:25] | Look at you. | 看看你 |
[17:26] | You catch on quick. What happens next? | 脑子转得真快 接下来呢 |
[17:29] | They squirm for a day or two, reevaluate, | 他们再挣扎一两天 重新评估 |
[17:31] | and come back to us on our terms. | 就会回来答应我们的条件 |
[17:33] | Like… tomorrow, maybe? | 或许…明天吧 |
[17:35] | Tomo… | 明… |
[17:37] | Mike. Sweet, impressionable, young Mike. | 迈克 可爱敏感的小迈克 |
[17:40] | You see, unlike what Harvey believes, | 知道吗 跟哈维的想法不同 |
[17:42] | going to trial is a good thing, | 出庭是个好事 |
[17:43] | especially when the other side can’t afford it. | 尤其是在对方无法支付诉讼费的情况下 |
[17:45] | Durham foods, their financials are soft, | 达勒姆食品公司的财政很糟糕 |
[17:47] | but it’s gonna take a trial to put ’em down, | 但需要出庭才能将他们摆平 |
[17:49] | So you better lace up your bootstraps | 所以你要做好打持久战的准备 |
[17:50] | ’cause this battle could take months. | 因为这个战役要耗上好几个月 |
[17:55] | Uh, where you going? | 你要去哪儿 |
[17:58] | Uh, I just have to go back… | 我只是要去… |
[17:59] | to, uh, the bathroom. | 去趟洗手间 |
[18:01] | You just went. | 你刚去过 |
[18:02] | Are you keeping track? | 你在跟踪我吗 |
[18:03] | I may start. | 我可以从现在开始 |
[18:11] | I don’t mean to intrude, but Donna’s not at her desk. | 我不是想闯进来 可是唐娜不在座位上 |
[18:13] | Do you have a minute? | 有时间吗 |
[18:17] | I overstepped last week. I want to make up for it. | 我上周越界了 我想弥补一下 |
[18:20] | It’s not necessary, Daniel. | 没必要 丹尼尔 |
[18:22] | Pfister Insurance, I thought, | 菲斯特保险 我觉得 |
[18:24] | maybe we could handle them together. | 也许我们可以联手 |
[18:27] | I’m gonna to have to take a rain check. | 还是下次再说吧 |
[18:30] | It’s a peace offering, Harvey. Take it. | 我是在伸出橄榄枝 哈维 答应吧 |
[18:32] | You know, I’m sorry, | 我很抱歉 |
[18:34] | but my plate’s just a little full at the moment. | 但我的安排很满 |
[18:37] | Do you mind if I ask with what? | 我能问下你在忙什么吗 |
[18:38] | Uh, the usual. I have six situations, | 都是些日常工作 我手头有六个案子 |
[18:40] | all in need of immediate attention. | 都需要立即处理 |
[18:42] | Which begs the question, why not add one more? | 若是这样的话 再来一个案子又何妨 |
[18:48] | I’ll see if I can free up some time next week, okay? | 我看看下周有没有时间 好吗 |
[18:57] | Um…I think I didn’t find something. | 貌似我没找到你要的东西 |
[18:59] | Who let me not have it then. | 那是谁坏了我的好事 |
[19:02] | During the two years before our car was manufactured, there was | 在汽车量产前的两年间 |
[19:05] | this mid-level quality control manager named Sarah Layton, | 有一个叫莎拉·莱顿的中级质检经理 |
[19:08] | who wrote several reports | 写了几封报告 |
[19:09] | on other CM car models | 反映了科斯特尔公司的其他车型 |
[19:10] | but never on ours. | 但从未反映过出事车型 |
[19:11] | So she’s not relevant to our case. | 所以她跟案子无关 |
[19:13] | It would appear that way, | 表面上是这样 |
[19:14] | but after May 5th, 2006, | 但在2006年的5月5日之后 |
[19:17] | she never wrote another report ever again. | 她就再也没写过报告了 |
[19:19] | That’s kind of a coincidence, isn’t it? | 有点太巧了对吧 |
[19:20] | That on the exact date that our car went into production, | 出事车型量产的同一天 |
[19:23] | she disappeared from CM’s records? | 她就从科斯特尔汽车公司的记录上消失了 |
[19:25] | She could’ve just been fired. | 她可能只是被开除了 |
[19:26] | Never filed for unemployment. | 从未递交失业报告 |
[19:27] | – Could’ve quit. – No exit interview. | -可能是辞职了 -没有离职面谈 |
[19:31] | Permanent unpaid leave. | 永久无薪休假 |
[19:32] | Gets out of any records. | 从公司里蒸发了 |
[19:33] | And nothing to tie her to our car. | 没有任何资料能证明她与出事车型有关 |
[19:35] | She wrote that memo. | 她写了那个备忘录 |
[19:36] | – Very smart. – Thank you. | -非常聪明 -谢谢夸奖 |
[19:37] | I meant them, not you. | 我指他们 没说你 |
[19:39] | But I found it. That makes me even smarter. | 可这是我发现的 因此我更聪明 |
[19:41] | Don’t be cocky. It’s unbecoming | 别骄傲 骄傲这一套 |
[19:44] | on you. I can pull it off. | 不适合你 你做的我也能办到 |
[19:46] | You better be nice to me because I know where she lives. | 你最好对我好点 我可有她的住址呢 |
[19:50] | Where who lives? | 谁的住址 |
[19:51] | My high school sweetheart. | 我高中的老相好 |
[19:52] | We connected on Facebook. | 我们在Facebook联系上了 |
[19:53] | Oh. Bullshit, you’re not that sentimental. | 胡说 你才没那么怀旧 |
[19:55] | – Yes, I am. – She was his first. | -我怎么不是 -她是他的初夜 |
[19:58] | Deposition tomorrow. Be ready. | 明天要取证 做好准备 |
[20:05] | – First? – I had to sell it. | -初夜 -我得编得像点啊 |
[20:07] | Give me the address and tell Donna to hurry up. | 把住址给我 告诉唐娜加快进度 |
[20:09] | I’m naked to the world down here. | 我要去她那儿空手套白狼 |
[20:12] | Harvey, there is one problem. | 哈维 你忽略了一点 |
[20:14] | If this woman was involved in the original cover-up, | 如果这个女人当初参与了掩盖事实 |
[20:16] | she’s not gonna want to talk to a lawyer | 她不会想跟一个与她 |
[20:18] | who isn’t on her side anymore. | 立场相背的律师谈话 |
[20:19] | Well, I better think of something on my way down there. | 那我最好在路上想出对策 |
[20:29] | I went to the file room to get you the good stapler, | 我本来要去档案室给你拿订书器 |
[20:31] | but there was a bit of a snafu. | 但是那儿一团糟 |
[20:32] | – In the file room? – I don’t want to get into it. | -档案室里 -我不想进去 |
[20:35] | In the meantime, I brought you my own personal stapler, | 同时 我把自己的订书机拿来给你 |
[20:38] | a two-hole punch, three-hole punch, old-school wite-out, | 双孔和三孔的打孔器 过时的修改液 |
[20:41] | and enough highlighters to last you till kingdom come. | 还有荧光笔 够你用上一辈子 |
[20:44] | Look, Harold, I-I know | 听我说 哈罗德 我知道 |
[20:45] | that you don’t see us as paralegal and associate, | 你没把咱俩看作上下级 |
[20:47] | but I think it’s best from now on | 但我觉得最好从现在开始 |
[20:49] | that I just help you. | 由我来帮你做事 |
[20:52] | Because the truth… the truth is, | 因为事实是 |
[20:54] | you are far too valuable to be wasting your time on this. | 你把时间浪费在帮助我上 大材小用了 |
[20:58] | I am? | 大材小用吗 |
[21:01] | – You’re right. – Yeah. | -你说的对 -没错 |
[21:02] | And besides, you probably don’t want all this stuff, anyway. | 而且 你可能也不需要这些东西 |
[21:04] | – Well, there’s that. – Except for the stapler, of course. | -一点没错 -当然 除了订书器 |
[21:07] | You got it. Of course. Thank you. | 当然 没错 谢谢 |
[21:27] | Sarah Layton? | 莎拉·莱顿 |
[21:31] | You recognize me. | 你认得我吧 |
[21:33] | I do. | 认得 |
[21:35] | Then you know who I work for. | 那你该知道我为谁工作 |
[21:37] | Coastal Motors. | 科斯特尔汽车公司 |
[21:39] | I’m not gonna deny that. | 我不会否认这一点 |
[21:42] | What do you want? | 你有什么事 |
[21:43] | We have a problem. | 我们有个麻烦 |
[21:45] | I need you to tell me everyone you’ve ever shown this to. | 我要你告诉我 都有谁看过这份文件 |
[21:54] | I never showed it to anyone. | 这个文件我没给任何人看过 |
[21:55] | Ms. Layton, I don’t care that you wrote it. | 莱顿女士 我不在乎是你写的 |
[21:57] | You made a deal to keep your mouth shut, | 你承诺保持缄默 |
[21:59] | and I believe you kept it. | 我相信你守口如瓶 |
[22:01] | All I care about is who else read it. | 我关心的只是有谁看过这个文件 |
[22:02] | I don’t know who else read it… | 我不知道还有谁看过 |
[22:05] | ’cause I didn’t write it. | 因为这不是我写的 |
[22:06] | – Ms. Layton– – I brought my concerns to Mr. Kemp. | -莱顿女士 -我向坎普先生提出我的担忧 |
[22:09] | He told me not to put anything in writing, and I never did. | 他说不要写成文字 所以我从未写过 |
[22:11] | Good. | 很好 |
[22:13] | I need you to swear to me | 我要你对我发誓 |
[22:15] | that you never told anyone | 除了劳伦斯·坎普 |
[22:16] | other than Lawrence Kemp about the flaws in his hood. | 你从未告诉任何人引擎盖有缺陷 |
[22:19] | You listen to me. | 你听我说 |
[22:21] | He promised he’d fix the problems on the line | 他答应我会在流水线上把问题解决 |
[22:23] | If I kept quiet. He did, | 前提是我要保持缄默 他的确做了 |
[22:26] | but he never went back and fixed the ones we already made, | 但他从未将已经出厂的问题车辆召回 |
[22:30] | And that man died. | 那个人因此而死 |
[22:31] | I have been living with that ever since. | 从那时起我就心怀愧疚 |
[22:34] | Now get off my property, and leave me the hell alone. | 现在离我家远点 别再来烦我 |
[22:55] | Furniture salesman to limo driver. | 从家具促销员到豪车司机 |
[22:57] | You’re stepping up in the world. | 你可真是飞黄腾达啊 |
[22:58] | Well, it’s nice to know you still have a sense of humor, Harvey, | 刚刚得知曾为杀人犯辩护 |
[23:00] | considering you just learned you defended a murderer. | 还有心情开玩笑 真厉害 |
[23:03] | I should’ve known you’d have me followed. | 我本该知道你会跟踪我 |
[23:05] | Follow you? I’ve been waiting for you. | 别说这么难听 我是一直在等你 |
[23:08] | I told you, you’re on the wrong side. | 我早说过了 你站错了阵营 |
[23:10] | I don’t defend murderers. | 我没为杀人犯辩护 |
[23:11] | That’s not what that woman just told you. | 那个女人可不同意你这么说 |
[23:15] | You wanted me to find her. | 你就是想要我找到她 |
[23:17] | You have the document. No proof of fraud. | 你有那份文件 但并不证明我们欺诈 |
[23:20] | Can’t admit it without fraud. | 你不承认欺诈 我也不会承认有那份文件 |
[23:22] | Now that you know Kemp lied on the stand. | 既然你知道坎普在听证席上撒谎了 |
[23:24] | I’m obligated to come forward and tell the court. Otherwise– | 我有义务前去与法庭解释 另外 |
[23:26] | Even if you weren’t guilty of fraud then, | 即使你当时没有欺诈嫌疑 |
[23:29] | you’ll be guilty of fraud now. | 你现在也有了 |
[23:31] | Of course, when you do come forward, | 当然 当你把事情端上台面 |
[23:32] | it’s going to be awfully hard for people to believe | 人们很难会相信 |
[23:33] | you didn’t know about it at the time. | 你对此竟毫不知情 |
[23:35] | You know I didn’t know. | 你知道我不知情的 |
[23:36] | I don’t know anything of the kind. | 我可什么都不知道 |
[23:38] | What I do know is, you’re in a bind. | 我知道的是 你现在岌岌可危 |
[23:43] | I wouldn’t wait too long now. | 我不会给你太长时间 |
[23:44] | I’d hate to have to report you to the bar. | 我可不想亲自去法院举报你 |
[23:58] | Lawrence Goddamn Kemp. | 劳伦斯·该死·坎普 |
[24:00] | Harvey, I need this suit quashed, and I need it done now, | 哈维 这件官司必须马上撤销 |
[24:02] | so channel your anger and find a way out. | 所以快把气消了想个办法出来 |
[24:06] | I mean, I knew I had an enemy in Tanner, but– | 我知道我和坦纳势不两立了 但 |
[24:08] | Did you ever think that the person you should be mad at | 你有想过你真正该生气的人 |
[24:10] | – is yourself? – Excuse me? | -是你自己吗 -你说什么 |
[24:12] | Law 101. | 法律基础知识 |
[24:13] | Don’t ask your client if he committed murder, | 不要问你的委托人是否犯了谋杀罪 |
[24:15] | but sure as hell find out if there’s a smoking gun. | 一定要找出是否有确凿的证据 |
[24:17] | Jessica, I’m sorry, I wasn’t born yesterday, | 杰西卡 真抱歉 我不是三岁小孩 |
[24:20] | but he swore to me there was nothing wrong with that car, | 但他向我发誓那辆车没有问题 |
[24:22] | and I believed him. | 我相信了他 |
[24:23] | Well, he lied to you. | 他撒谎了 |
[24:25] | It’s not the first time, and it won’t be the last, | 这不是第一次了 也不会是最后一次 |
[24:28] | But now Tanner knows it. | 但如今被坦纳知道了 |
[24:30] | I guess it’s time to tell daniel. | 事到如今得和丹尼尔说了 |
[24:31] | What? Now? No. | 什么 现在 别 |
[24:33] | I just had the chance to tell him, and I didn’t. | 我刚才本可以说的 但我没说 |
[24:35] | – Why not? – Because you told me not to. | -干嘛不 -因为你让我别说 |
[24:37] | The one time you listen to me. | 你这次可真听话 |
[24:38] | No, no, no, no. You can’t lay into me | 不不不 你怎么能我每次和你对着干 |
[24:40] | every time I go against you and then flip it around now. | 就大批我一顿 然后再得了便宜卖乖 |
[24:42] | We’re not telling. I’m gonna fix it. | 不要告诉丹尼尔 我会搞定的 |
[24:44] | Well, the one way to fix it is to negotiate a settlement. | 现在搞定的唯一方法就是协商和解了 |
[24:47] | Oh, wait, we can’t because you got us fired. | 等等 行不通 因为你害得我们被炒了 |
[24:51] | I did, which means there’s nothing stopping us | 是我干的 也就是说我们可以毫无顾忌地 |
[24:54] | from strong-arming them. | 胁迫他们了 |
[24:55] | I gotta go. | 我得走了 |
[24:58] | Just admit it. Your research suggests | 快承认吧 你的调查表明 |
[25:00] | that consumers believe your water tastes like shit. | 消费者认为你公司的水尝起来难喝死了 |
[25:04] | Do I have to answer that? | 我必须回答吗 |
[25:05] | What exactly are you getting at, Mr. Litt? | 你目的到底为何 利特先生 |
[25:07] | what I’m getting at is, Mr. Kessler is aware of the fact | 我要说的是凯斯勒先生他们公司的水质量低劣 |
[25:09] | that his company’s product can’t compete with ours | 无法与我方一较高低 |
[25:11] | ’cause it tastes like shit, | 他对这一事实很清楚 |
[25:13] | And they resorted to filing a bogus lawsuit | 并企图用一场徒劳的诉讼 |
[25:15] | against us in a desperate attempt to hide that fact. | 做最后一搏一遍掩饰这一事实 |
[25:18] | No, you don’t have to answer that. | 不 你不必回答 |
[25:21] | Hey, Mike– | 迈克 |
[25:22] | – Yeah. – Thanks. | -给你 -谢谢 |
[25:24] | Kevin, right? | 凯文 对吧 |
[25:26] | How long have you worked at Durham Foods? | 你在达勒姆食品公司供职多久了 |
[25:27] | 22 years. I started right out of college. | 22年 大学一毕业就开始了 |
[25:30] | That’s dedication. | 很有奉献精神 |
[25:31] | I admire that. | 我敬重你 |
[25:34] | What’s your current title? | 你目前的职务是什么 |
[25:35] | Vice-president of market research. | 市场研究副总裁 |
[25:37] | it says here, three years ago, | 这上面说 三年前 |
[25:38] | you applied for senior vice president, | 你申请了高级副总裁的职位 |
[25:41] | But they gave the job to an Alan Stansby instead, | 但最终这职位给了一个叫亚伦·斯坦博 |
[25:44] | a man who had been at the company far shorter than you. | 他在公司的资历远比你要浅薄 |
[25:47] | Correct. | 正确 |
[25:49] | Well, how’d that make you feel? | 对此你感觉怎样 |
[25:50] | Yes or no questions. | 请用一般疑问句发问 |
[25:51] | My client’s not here to discuss feelings. | 我的委托人不是来这里诉衷情的 |
[25:52] | Okay, truthfully, you were hoping to be | 好吧 老实说 在你规划中 |
[25:54] | further up the corporate ladder by now, weren’t you? | 你目前职位要比现实中更高才对 是吗 |
[25:57] | Maybe. | 也许吧 |
[25:58] | OK, thank you, Mike. | 好 谢谢 迈克 |
[26:00] | And once again, recently you applied for a senior vp position | 你最近又申请了高级副总的职位 |
[26:05] | and were turned down. Is that correct? | 再度被拒绝 我说得对吗 |
[26:07] | – Yes. – You do know that Management | -是的 -管理部门准备 |
[26:09] | is going outside the company to fill the job, right? | 在外部招聘这一职位 你知道的吧 |
[26:12] | Objection. Lack of foundation. | 反对 缺乏依据 |
[26:13] | You know what? I am so sorry. That was– | 你知道吗 我很抱歉 |
[26:14] | That’s off the record. | 那段删掉 |
[26:15] | That’s just because of a headhunter friend of mine– | 那只是因为我的一个猎头朋友 |
[26:16] | That’s not–no, we object to that too. | 不 我们对那条也提出反对 |
[26:18] | I’m warning you, Mr. Litt. | 我郑重警告你 利特先生 |
[26:19] | I’m sorry. Statement withdrawn. | 很抱歉 我收回那句话 |
[26:24] | You know, you can tow the party line, Kevin… | 你可以继续保持缄默 凯文 |
[26:29] | But I know exactly | 但我深刻了解 |
[26:33] | what it’s like to bust your ass every day at a company | 每天在公司卖命工作 |
[26:36] | and be overlooked for a promotion time and time again. | 但总是错失升职机会的感受 |
[26:38] | It just… | 这实在是 |
[26:42] | hurts. | 很伤人 |
[26:44] | Just physically hurts. | 痛彻身心 |
[26:47] | Right here. | 正中这里 |
[26:49] | Give 110% every day, and for what? | 每天付出110% 是为了什么 |
[26:54] | So they can just… chip away at your dignity? | 是让他们慢慢蚕食你的尊严吗 |
[26:59] | You can be the, uh, loyal soldier today, | 你可以依然做一个忠诚的战士 |
[27:02] | be the cannon fodder for your bosses, | 当你上司们的炮灰 |
[27:07] | Or you can turn the guns on ’em right now, | 或者你可以立马和他们反目 |
[27:09] | and you can just tell me the truth. | 把真相告诉我 |
[27:11] | We’re done here. | 谈话就此结束 |
[27:12] | – It’s true. – Kevin. | -这是真的 -凯文 |
[27:13] | – Our product sucks. – No, objection. | -我们的产品糟透了 -不 反对 |
[27:15] | You can’t object to your own witness. | 你不能反对自己的证人 |
[27:16] | We’re suing ’cause we’re losing market share. | 我们起诉的原因是在丧失市场占有率 |
[27:18] | – Kevin. – There’s nothing wrong | -凯文 -你们的广告活动 |
[27:19] | with your ad campaign, and that’s the truth. | 没有任何不妥 这就是真相 |
[27:24] | Thank you, Kevin. | 谢谢 凯文 |
[27:29] | Louis, that was awesome. | 路易 刚才真是帅呆了 |
[27:30] | That was pretty spectacular, wasn’t it? | 相当有才 不是吗 |
[27:32] | His testimony is gonna be amazing. | 他的证词将会强而有力 |
[27:33] | I got him to admit some damning things, didn’t I? | 我让他供出了很重要的事实 对吧 |
[27:35] | You know, we should subpoena the outside company | 我们应该传审其他 |
[27:37] | – that put together the focus groups. – Yes. | -能作典型代表的公司 -没错 |
[27:38] | – We should get all their records… – Like it. | -我们应该搜集到所有的记录 -好样的 |
[27:40] | and the names and addresses of the people who took part. | 以及所有相关人员的姓名住址 |
[27:42] | They’re protected in civil actions | 依据隐私法74条 |
[27:43] | under the Privacy Statute of ’74. | 他们有民事诉讼权利 |
[27:45] | No, that was overturned by Kressler v. Symtech. | 不 那在克莱斯勒对西姆泰克案中被推翻了 |
[27:47] | Not if they’d been compensated, | 只要他们得到过补偿就不会 |
[27:48] | as is this case right here. | 就像这件案子 |
[27:50] | We’re gonna win this thing. | 我们一定能赢下这案子 |
[27:51] | “If I can’t win, I won’t run.” | “如果我赢不了 我是不会跑的” |
[27:54] | – What? – “If I can’t win, | -什么 -“如果我赢不了 |
[27:55] | I won’t ru–” That’s Chariots of Fire. | 我不会跑” 出自《火之战车》 |
[27:57] | Come on. Do you–don’t tell me you don’t know that film. | 拜托 别告诉我你没看过这部电影 |
[27:59] | You know, like what you and Harvey do, | 你和哈维就经常这么干 |
[28:01] | The–the movie quotes. | 引用电影 |
[28:02] | I forgot. It’s–yeah. | 我忘记了 这 |
[28:03] | Well, it’s been a long time since I saw it, | 这是我很久前看过的了 |
[28:04] | You know. It’s a great, great flick though. | 但绝对是部好片 |
[28:06] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[28:07] | Anyway, all right. So, um, | 不管了 总之 |
[28:09] | Make sure the subpoenas are on my desk in the morning. | 明早把传票交到我桌子上 |
[28:12] | Oh, Mike, uh, | 迈克 |
[28:14] | Make it the afternoon ’cause you’ve earned it. | 下午就行 因为你表现得好 |
[28:24] | – Good night, Tommy. – Good night | -晚安 汤米 -晚安 |
[28:29] | Lawrence, what a coincidence, | 劳伦斯 真是巧啊 |
[28:31] | Me running into you in your own building. | 在你公司和你偶遇 |
[28:33] | I certainly wasn’t waiting for you. | 我显然不是专门在等你 |
[28:35] | Harvey. | 哈维 |
[28:36] | Ah, it’s better this way. | 还是这样比较好 |
[28:37] | Your new lawyer won’t hear what I have to say | 你的新律师不用听我的说辞 |
[28:39] | and be put in a position to commit fraud, | 被逼到行使欺诈的境地 |
[28:41] | like you did to me. | 就像你之前对我那样 |
[28:43] | I don’t know what you think you know, but it’s wrong. | 我不知道你自认为知道了什么 但你想错了 |
[28:46] | I know about Sarah Layton. | 我知道莎拉·莱顿的事了 |
[28:54] | I have no idea what you’re talking about. | 我不知道你在说些什么 |
[28:57] | But whatever you know, Harvey, is privileged information. | 但无论你知道了什么 哈维 那是保密信息 |
[29:00] | Not if I found out yesterday, | 但如果我昨天才发现 那就另当别论了 |
[29:02] | and definitely not if you conspired for me to commit fraud. | 更别说是你阴谋陷害我行使欺诈 |
[29:05] | There’s no fraud. | 更本没有欺诈一事 |
[29:06] | She found a problem, and you tried to– | 他发现了问题 而你试图… |
[29:08] | and I fixed it, and there’s no record! | 我解决了 而且没有留下记录 |
[29:11] | that’s what a solid front end feels like, | 这才是牢固的车头 |
[29:13] | but you didn’t make one, | 但你造的车却不是 |
[29:15] | So when Frank Randall’s car hit the divider | 弗兰克·兰德尔的车撞到间隔物的力度 |
[29:17] | at 50 times the force that you just felt, | 是你刚才感受到的再加50倍 |
[29:20] | it crumpled and split him in half. | 那种力度足以让他粉身碎骨 |
[29:22] | Then I savaged his reputation, | 然后我还让他身败名裂 |
[29:23] | all because you looked me in the eye | 全因为你看着我的眼睛 |
[29:25] | and told me that your hood was rock solid. | 告诉我你的引擎盖坚不可摧 |
[29:28] | What do you want, Harvey? | 你想要什么 哈维 |
[29:31] | What you should have done in the first place. | 你原本就该做的事 |
[29:33] | Pay these people and make this thing go away. | 赔偿这些人 把事情了结 |
[29:36] | If you don’t, I’m coming forward | 你要不干 我就出马 |
[29:38] | and telling the court what I know. | 告诉法庭我知道的一切 |
[29:40] | Even if I didn’t want to, | 就算我不想这么干 |
[29:42] | I’d have to, but I want to, | 我也不得不这么做 但我心甘情愿 |
[29:44] | and when I do, | 等我抖出真相 |
[29:46] | coastal motors is gonna cut you loose | 科斯特尔汽车公司就会把你开掉 |
[29:48] | exactly the same way you did to me. | 就像你对我的那样 |
[29:49] | So either you make it right on your own, or I will. | 所以要不你自己解决 要不我来 |
[29:57] | Hi, I got subpoenas. | 我拿到传票了 |
[29:59] | I said the afternoon. | 我说的是下午 |
[30:00] | It’s the first thing in the morning. | 现在刚是早晨 |
[30:02] | War doesn’t wait for the afternoon. | 战争可等不到下午 |
[30:04] | Sweeter words have never been spoken. | 狗嘴里吐不出象牙 |
[30:07] | Gentlemen, before you do any more work, | 先生们 在你们有任何行动前 |
[30:10] | Durham foods is declaring bankruptcy. | 达勒姆食品公司宣布破产了 |
[30:12] | – Yes. – Damn. | -太好了 -见鬼 |
[30:13] | Damn? We win. | 见什么鬼 我们赢了 |
[30:15] | No, now if there’s a judgment on the countersuit, | 不 如果反诉成立 |
[30:16] | we’re gonna be in the back of the line behind a dozen lenders. | 我们将面对的是一堆债主 |
[30:18] | Sorry. I know you’ve been working on this for weeks. | 抱歉 我知道你们为这案子忙了一周 |
[30:23] | Uh, yeah. Yeah, well, what are you gonna do? | 是 没错 你准备怎么做 |
[30:31] | We can still get a win-win out of this whole thing. | 就算这样我们也能做到双赢 |
[30:32] | – How? – Well, you said that | -怎么赢 -你说过 |
[30:33] | their other products are worth real money, right? | 他们的其他产品很值钱 对吧 |
[30:36] | So why don’t we just advise liquid water | 那我们何不建议液态水公司 |
[30:38] | to buy the whole company and then just give up the suit? | 买下整家公司 然后撤诉呢 |
[30:41] | We kill the competition and get their other products | 我们终止了竞争 让他们的其它产品 |
[30:43] | at a discount to market value. | 降到市场价格 |
[30:45] | – Win. – Win. | -双 -赢 |
[30:58] | Why’d you cover for me? | 你为什么要帮我 |
[31:01] | What do you mean? | 什么意思 |
[31:02] | With Hardman out there. | 刚才和哈德曼在一起的时候 |
[31:04] | You let him think that we were working together. | 你让他以为我俩在一起工作 |
[31:06] | In the deposition yesterday when you were– | 昨天取证的时候 你那… |
[31:09] | You know, when you were talking about not– | 你那时候说到不要… |
[31:14] | I’ve just really enjoyed working with you, Louis. | 我很喜欢和你一起工作 路易 |
[31:16] | – You have? – Yeah, sure. | -真的吗 -没错 |
[31:20] | Well, I thought Harvey might have poisoned the well | 我以为哈维把我俩的关系 |
[31:23] | in regards to any relationship between the two of us. | 挑拨得差不多了呢 |
[31:27] | Louis, can I be honest with you? | 路易 我能实话实说吗 |
[31:28] | Yeah, I can keep it real. | 当然 来者不拒 |
[31:29] | As far as poisoning the well goes, | 即便是有些挑拨离间 |
[31:33] | Harvey didn’t really have anything to do with it. | 但其实哈维在这中间没起什么作用 |
[31:36] | That’s pretty much all been you. | 基本上是你自身的问题 |
[31:38] | What are you talking about? | 你什么意思 |
[31:39] | Among other things, | 别的暂且不提 |
[31:41] | You tried to sabotage my relationship with Jenny. | 你曾试图破坏我和珍妮之间的关系 |
[31:44] | After you laughed at that video of me. | 在你嘲笑我的那段视频之后 |
[31:46] | You stuck me in housing court. | 你害我在房屋法庭中丢人 |
[31:48] | ’cause you stole a client from me. | 因为你抢走了我的客户 |
[31:49] | You tried to blackmail me with a fake drug test. | 你还用假药物测试勒索我 |
[31:51] | Yeah, but it didn’t work. | 但没成功 |
[31:53] | – You defeated me. – So? | -你打败了我 -那又怎样 |
[31:55] | So it’s water under the bridge. | 那就一笔勾销了吧 |
[31:57] | No, no, no. Not water under the bridge. | 不行 这可不是一笔勾销那么简单 |
[31:59] | Louis, you can’t do that to people | 路易 你不能这么对别人 |
[32:00] | and expect them to forget about it and move on. Don’t you get that? | 再期望别人忘记这些继续生活 你懂吗 |
[32:04] | – They should. – Would you? | -他们是该忘了 -你能吗 |
[32:10] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[32:12] | Mike, I will take your thoughts… | 迈克 我会考虑你的建议 |
[32:17] | on my behavior under advisement. | 下次做事前先深思熟虑一下 |
[32:24] | – Wait, Mike? – Yeah? | -迈克 等一下 -怎么了 |
[32:27] | Something’s in the air still like a pall of | 空气中还是弥漫着一股 |
[32:31] | secrecy or a layer of unease. | 瞒而不报 或是阴谋的味道 |
[32:33] | I don’t know what you’re talking about. | 我不明白你在说什么 |
[32:35] | Mm, my spider parts are tingling. | 我的第六感在发出警报 |
[32:37] | Please don’t ever say things like that. | 拜托别再说那种话了 |
[32:39] | Harvey’s up to something. I know it. | 哈维在计划些什么 我感觉得到 |
[32:42] | What is he up to? | 他在计划什么 |
[32:45] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[32:48] | – You sure? – Yes. | -真不知道 -真的 |
[33:03] | Um, Louis’s parts are tingling. | 路易的第六感在发警报 |
[33:05] | I don’t want to know what that means | 我不关心这是什么意思 |
[33:07] | or how you know that. | 以及你怎么知道的 |
[33:08] | It means he knows you’re hiding something. | 这表示他知道你在隐瞒什么事 |
[33:10] | Well, if everything goes like I expect, | 如果事情按我预想的方向发展 |
[33:11] | there won’t be anything to hide. | 就没什么好隐瞒的 |
[33:13] | Good, because it just doesn’t feel right lying. | 太好了 骗人真不好受 |
[33:14] | You know, I actually kind of like working with him. | 其实我还挺喜欢和他做事的 |
[33:16] | He’s not a bad lawyer. | 他不是个坏律师 |
[33:17] | I mean, you know, we have fun. | 我是说 和他共事很有意思 |
[33:20] | You guys thinking about moving in together? | 你们准备搬到一起住了吗 |
[33:22] | Jealous? | 吃醋了 |
[33:26] | Where’s your gatekeeper? | 你家门卫哪儿去了 |
[33:27] | Any Tom, Dick, or Harry can just waltz right in. | 叫汤姆 迪克[混蛋] 哈利的都能飘进来了 |
[33:30] | Well, I don’t see any Toms or Harrys here, but– | 我是没见到叫汤姆或哈利的 但… |
[33:33] | Okay, can we just please cut the small talk | 好吧 我们能不能先别扯别的了 |
[33:34] | and you let me know what I’m not privy to? | 你能告诉我 有什么事瞒着我吗 |
[33:36] | I don’t know what imaginary world | 我不知道你现在神游到 |
[33:38] | you’re skipping through right now, Louis, | 哪个世界里去了 路易 |
[33:39] | But you’re there all by yourself. | 但那个世界里只有你自己 |
[33:43] | Right. | 好吧 |
[33:44] | So first you hand me Ross on a silver platter, | 首先你双手奉上了罗斯 |
[33:46] | Then Donna’s not at her desk for days. | 然后唐娜又整天不见人影 |
[33:48] | You think that I don’t know that there’s a power struggle | 你以为我不知道杰西卡和哈德曼 |
[33:50] | going on between Jessica and Hardman? | 之间又有什么权利纠纷了 |
[33:53] | Harvey, look, | 哈维 |
[33:57] | I admit I haven’t always been, um… | 我承认我表现一直 |
[34:01] | well-behaved. | 不是很好 |
[34:04] | But I can help you on this. You just gotta trust me. | 但这回我能帮你 你必须相信我 |
[34:08] | Louis, go away. | 路易 走远点 |
[34:20] | – That was harsh. – You kidding me? | -太残忍了 -你搞笑呢 |
[34:21] | He came hat in hand, Harvey. | 他很有诚意 哈维 |
[34:23] | Have you met him? This guy gets one whiff | 你刚认识他吗 这家伙只要嗅到一丝 |
[34:25] | of what we’ve been hiding from Hardman, | 我们瞒着哈德曼的事情 |
[34:27] | I guarantee you it’s his office he’s in, not ours. | 我保证他会去找哈德曼 而不是我们 |
[34:29] | I know, we can’t trust him. | 我知道 我们不能信任他 |
[34:32] | Still, you should have seen him in this deposition. | 但你还是该看看他在这次取证中的表现 |
[34:33] | I mean, all he wants is to be you. | 他所想的只是成为你 |
[34:35] | Isn’t that what everybody wants? | 这不是所有人的愿望吗 |
[34:36] | – I’m serious, Harvey. – Well, I’m sorry. | -我是认真的 哈维 -抱歉 |
[34:38] | – That’s just pathetic. – I know, but what I’m– | -真悲剧 -我知道 但我的意思是… |
[34:40] | Harvey Specter. | 哈维·斯佩克特 |
[34:42] | Harvey, it’s Lawrence Kemp. | 哈维 我是劳伦斯·坎普 |
[34:43] | Give ’em what they want. | 按他们的要价给钱 |
[34:45] | – Good. – Is that it? | -很好 -就这些吗 |
[34:47] | You want a medal? | 要不给你个勋章 |
[34:48] | For what it’s worth, I never meant | 无论如何 我都没想过 |
[34:50] | to put your reputation on the line, | 把你的声誉牵涉其中 |
[34:52] | and that memo never crossed my desk. | 那个备忘我从没见过 |
[34:54] | Good-bye, Lawrence. | 再见 劳伦斯 |
[34:55] | They’re settling? You wanted that? | 他们讲和了 是你想要的吗 |
[34:56] | Wanted it? I goddamn orchestrated it. | 想要的 是我一手导演的 |
[34:58] | CM pays what they should have in the first place. | 科斯特尔汽车公司付出了他们本该付出的代价 |
[35:00] | And the suit against us goes away. | 针对我们的指控就取消了 |
[35:02] | And Daniel Hardman’s none the wiser. | 而丹尼尔·哈德曼将对此一无所知 |
[35:04] | Where the hell’s Donna? | 唐娜哪儿去了 |
[35:05] | She’s in the file room. | 她还在档案室 |
[35:06] | Hasn’t found that document yet. | 还没找到那份文件 |
[35:11] | There is no document. | 根本没什么文件 |
[35:13] | So you believe him? | 你相信他喽 |
[35:15] | Not really. I just remember | 不尽然 我刚想起来 |
[35:17] | who we’re dealing with. | 和我们打交道的是谁 |
[35:26] | Harvey. | 哈维 |
[35:30] | What are you doing here? | 你在这儿干嘛 |
[35:32] | Nothing. | 没什么 |
[35:32] | Just delivered CM’s settlement offer to Smith. | 刚把科斯特尔汽车公司的和解条款交给史密斯 |
[35:36] | Or Devane. | 或戴维安 |
[35:38] | I can’t remember, I can’t tell those guys apart. | 记不得了 我老分不清这些人 |
[35:40] | It’s not their case. | 这不是他们的案子 |
[35:41] | No, but it is their firm, | 确实 但这是他们的公司 |
[35:43] | and I don’t trust you. | 而我又不信任你 |
[35:44] | Our offer was take it or leave it. | 我们的提议是 接受或者放弃 |
[35:46] | Well, we took it. And now we’re done. | 我们接受了 现在都处理完了 |
[35:48] | Hmm, well, I’m afraid there’s still the little matter | 我可有点担心针对你的欺诈索赔诉讼 |
[35:50] | of our fraud claim against you. | 可不太轻松 |
[35:51] | Tanner, I’m glad you did what you did. | 坦纳 我很感激你所做的一切 |
[35:54] | The Randall family deserved that money, | 兰德尔的家人本就该得到那笔钱 |
[35:56] | But let’s not pretend you’ve got shit-on me. | 但可别假装你没陷害过我 |
[35:58] | Excuse me? | 你说什么 |
[35:59] | You used that memo to get what you wanted. | 你用那只录音笔得到了你想要的素材 |
[36:01] | But it never would have held up in court | 但那在法庭上不能作为有效证据 |
[36:02] | because you wrote it. | 因为是你编造的 |
[36:04] | That’s a scintillating argument. | 那倒是个有趣的论据 |
[36:06] | Too bad not a word of it’s true. | 只可惜不是真的 |
[36:08] | Well, let’s take a look at your resume. | 我们来回顾一下你的光荣历史 |
[36:09] | Witness tampering, extortion, bribery. | 篡改证词 勒索 贿赂 |
[36:12] | forgery fits right in. | 伪造签字可全都吻合 |
[36:14] | That document’s the real deal, Harv, | 那份文件可是真的 哈维 |
[36:16] | And as far as reputations go, | 说起名誉问题 |
[36:17] | I know all about your dirty dealings in the D.A.’s office. | 你在地方检察官那里干的勾当我可都知道 |
[36:21] | Unlike your theories about me, you were actually investigated | 与你给我扣的帽子不同 |
[36:24] | for the very thing you’re being accused of, burying evidence– | 你曾因隐瞒证据而接受过调查 |
[36:28] | A point I can’t wait to bring up in court. | 我迫不及待要在庭上阐述这点 |
[36:31] | You’re the one with the problem, Harv. | 有麻烦的是你才对 哈维 |
[36:33] | You know I didn’t do this. | 你知道我从没做过这种事 |
[36:34] | Hey, thanks for settling the case for me, buddy. | 这个案子能够和解可多亏了你 哥们 |
[36:37] | But I said I wanted a pound of flesh from CM and you, | 但我说过我不会轻饶你和科斯特尔汽车公司 |
[36:40] | and I meant it. | 我说到做到 |
[36:43] | – That was harsh. – You kidding me? | -太残忍了 -你搞笑呢 |
[36:45] | He came hat in hand, Harvey. | 他很有诚意 哈维 |
[36:47] | Have you met him? This guy gets one whiff | 你刚认识他吗 这家伙只要嗅到一丝 |
[36:49] | of what we’ve been hiding from Hardman. | 我们瞒着哈德曼的事情 |
[36:51] | I guarantee you it’s his office he’s in, not ours. | 我保证他会去找哈德曼 而不是我们 |
[36:53] | I know, we can’t trust him. | 我知道 我们不能信任他 |
[36:55] | Still, you should have seen him in this deposition. | 但你还是该看看他在这次取证中的表现 |
[36:57] | I mean, all he wants is to be you. | 他只是想成为你 |
[36:59] | Isn’t that what everybody wants? | 这不是所有人的愿望吗 |
[37:00] | I’m serious, Harvey. | 我是认真的 哈维 |
[37:01] | I’m sorry. That’s just pathetic. | 抱歉 那太可悲了 |
[37:02] | I know, but what I’m– | 我知道 但我的意思是… |
[37:04] | Bothering you? | 打扰到你了吗 |
[37:06] | No. No, not at all. | 没有 完全没有 |
[37:09] | I heard about your proposal to buy Durham Foods out of bankruptcy. | 我听说了你关于收购达勒姆食品公司的提议 |
[37:12] | Impressive. | 相当不错 |
[37:13] | Well, the way I see it is a win-win. | 我觉得这会是双赢 |
[37:16] | Way to think outside the box. | 打破常规了 |
[37:19] | It was actually Mike Ross’s idea. | 实际上是迈克·罗斯的主意 |
[37:22] | I’m glad to see it all worked out. | 这点子很有效 |
[37:29] | Louis… | 路易 |
[37:32] | You seem upset about something. | 你看起来心事重重的 |
[37:36] | Is there anything you want to tell me? | 要不要跟我说说 |
[37:47] | Jessica Pearson, leading by example. | 杰西卡·皮尔逊 身先士卒啊 |
[37:49] | Spare me the charm, Harvey. Give it to me straight. | 少油嘴滑舌 哈维 快告诉我吧 |
[37:51] | CM settled. $46 million. | 科斯特尔汽车公司结案了 四千六百万美金 |
[37:54] | 1/3 to Frank Randall’s widow, | 三分之一给弗兰克·兰德尔的遗孀 |
[37:56] | the rest into a blind trust for his children. | 剩下的通过保密信托留给了他的孩子 |
[37:58] | You’re pleased with that? | 你好像很满意 |
[37:59] | Damn straight I am. | 我当然满意 |
[38:01] | When’s the other shoe gonna drop? | 什么时候才能尘埃落地 |
[38:02] | What makes you think there’s another shoe? | 谁告诉你尘埃还没落定 |
[38:04] | It’s Tanner. There’s always another shoe. | 我们对付的是坦纳 事情没这么容易了结 |
[38:07] | They’re still coming after us for fraud. | 他们还揪着我们欺诈不放 |
[38:11] | It’s time to pay the piper. | 出来混的迟早要还 |
[38:13] | You want to tell him, or shall I? | 你去告诉他还是我来 |
[38:15] | Well, we’ll worry about that tomorrow. | 明天再考虑吧 |
[38:18] | What the hell gives you two the right | 谁给了你们权利对我隐瞒 |
[38:20] | To hide a lawsuit against my firm from me? | 针对我们公司的起诉 |
[38:22] | – Daniel– – I am not done yet. | -丹尼尔 -我还没说完 |
[38:26] | When were you planning on telling me this? | 你们打算什么时候才告诉我 |
[38:29] | When the case went to court? | 什么时候开庭审理的 |
[38:31] | When our malpractice insurance ran out? | 我们的职业过失保险什么时候失效了 |
[38:34] | Are the two of you so shortsighted | 你们俩怎么如此鼠目寸光 |
[38:37] | that you would allow your distaste of me | 被你们对我的厌恶所左右 |
[38:39] | to impair your ability to run this firm? | 削弱了运作公司的能力 |
[38:43] | When you came five years ago to blackmail me, I was furious. | 你五年前勒索我时 我很愤怒 |
[38:48] | You told me that I was blaming you for my own actions. | 你说我拿你当自己的替罪羊 |
[38:52] | I wasn’t just embezzling, but I also tried to cover it up. | 我不仅盗用公款 我还试图隐瞒 |
[38:55] | Well, that’s what you were so busy doing the other morning, | 所以你那天早上其实是在忙这件事 |
[38:58] | covering it up. | 忙着隐瞒真相 |
[38:58] | You had the chance to tell me, and you didn’t. | 你有机会告诉我 但你没有 |
[39:00] | – No, I didn’t. – Why? | -不 我没有 -为什么 |
[39:01] | I don’t trust you. | 我不相信你 |
[39:03] | That’s not true. | 不是这样的 |
[39:04] | He didn’t tell you because I don’t trust you. | 他之所以没告诉你 是因为我不信任你 |
[39:08] | Tell me you’re not gonna use this as some power play. | 你别想利用这件事弄权 |
[39:10] | That’s exactly what I should do, | 我本应这么做 |
[39:12] | But I am gonna give you the chance | 但我打算给你一个机会 |
[39:14] | I have been asking you to give me, | 就像我也曾经求你给我机会一样 |
[39:16] | the chance to redeem yourself. | 给你自救的机会 |
[39:18] | How? | 什么意思 |
[39:19] | They’re not just coming after you. | 他们不只是针对你 |
[39:22] | They’re coming after all of us. | 他们针对的是我们所有人 |
[39:25] | Pearson. Hardman. | 皮尔逊·哈德曼律所 |
[39:29] | What are you proposing? | 你想说什么 |
[39:30] | We fight them together. | 我们要一起反击 |
[39:34] | Okay. | 好 |
[39:42] | You trust him? | 你相信他吗 |
[39:44] | At the moment, we don’t really have a choice. | 现在我们别无选择 |
[39:55] | Looking good, Louis. | 看起来不错啊 路易 |
[39:59] | You’re supposed to say, “Feeling good, Billy Ray.” | 你应该说”感觉不错 比利·雷” |
[40:01] | You know, Trading Places. Movie quotes, it’s what we do. | 《交易所》的电影台词 我们俩经常这么玩 |
[40:05] | You want something? | 有事吗 |
[40:07] | Uh, well, I just heard | 我刚听说 |
[40:09] | that you ran with my idea about buying out Durham Foods. | 你采纳了我并购达勒姆食品公司的建议 |
[40:11] | And Hardman told me you gave me the credit, | 哈德曼说你把荣誉让给了我 |
[40:13] | So… Team Litt-Ross. | 所以 利特罗斯无敌组合 |
[40:19] | I told him because I don’t like to owe anyone anything. | 我告诉他是因为我不想欠人家人情 |
[40:22] | You covered for me with him earlier, so I threw you a bone. | 你曾帮我向他隐瞒实情 所以我也帮你一回 |
[40:25] | Now we’re even. Where’s this coming from? | 现在我们扯平了 为什么这样说 |
[40:27] | I’ll tell you where it’s coming from. | 我来告诉你 |
[40:28] | You were right. Actions have impact. | 你说得对 若想人不知 除非己莫为 |
[40:30] | So you want to remember the marijuana and tennis thing? | 你记得大麻 网球什么的吗 |
[40:35] | Well, I’m gonna remember things too. | 我也记得 |
[40:52] | How’s your budding bro-mance with Louis? | 你跟路易刚刚萌芽的基情进展如何 |
[40:54] | Evidently, it’s over. | 显然 玩完了 |
[40:56] | So fickle is the heart. | 人心总是多变啊 |
[40:58] | What’s going on with you? Why are you being so…weird? | 你怎么了 为什么看起来 怪怪的 |
[41:02] | Tanner took the deal. | 坦纳接受条件了 |
[41:03] | So it’s done. | 那完事了 |
[41:05] | No. He’s still coming after me for fraud, | 还没 他还追着我的欺诈不放 |
[41:08] | And a lot of people are gonna think I buried that document. | 会有很多人以为我真的隐藏了那份文件 |
[41:10] | How can you bury what doesn’t exist? | 你怎么可能隐藏一份根本不存在的文件 |
[41:12] | Doesn’t matter. | 无关紧要 |
[41:13] | They’ll think it happened once, | 他们觉得已经发生过一次 |
[41:16] | it could happen again. | 就有可能再发生一次 |
[41:17] | So why are you smiling? | 那你笑什么 |
[41:21] | Because I know what they don’t. | 因为我知道他们不知道的 |
[41:24] | You’re gonna beat tanner. | 你要打败坦纳 |
[41:26] | I’m not just gonna beat him. When I’m done with him, | 我不只要打败他 等我处理完他 |
[41:30] | his own mother won’t even recognize him. | 连他妈妈都认不得他 |
[41:55] | Ah, that’s where you are. I’ve been looking for you. | 你在这儿呢 我一直在找你 |
[42:00] | You okay? You look like you’re gonna be sick. | 你还好吗 看起来像是要吐了 |
[42:03] | Oh, god, you know, actually, I do, | 老天 我确实不太舒服 |
[42:05] | I feel like I’m coming down with something. | 感觉要晕倒了 |
[42:07] | Do you think that maybe you could grab me a water? | 你能帮我拿杯水吗 |
[42:09] | Yeah. Yeah, of course. | 行啊 当然 |