时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:00] | So you did have the document from Coastal Motors? | 所以你手上确实有科斯特尔汽车的文件 |
[00:02] | – Objection. – Harvey, you’re the defendant. | -反对 -哈维 你是被告 |
[00:06] | I wasn’t objecting to his question. | 我不是反对他的问题 |
[00:08] | Just his tie. | 而是他的领带 |
[00:09] | I do have to look at it, you know. | 我非得看着它 |
[00:12] | This is fun, isn’t it, harv? | 这样挺开心的 不是吗 哈维 |
[00:14] | Hanging out, catching up, | 会会面 叙叙旧 |
[00:16] | Learning about your fraud. | 研究一下你的欺诈案 |
[00:17] | I hate to burst your bubble, Trav, | 我也不想让你幻想破灭 特拉维斯 |
[00:19] | But there was no fraud. | 但根本就不存在欺诈 |
[00:20] | There was no fraud. What? | 不存在欺诈 |
[00:21] | You just said, you had the document. | 你刚刚说你确实有那份文件 |
[00:23] | Yes. We went back through the case files. | 是的 我们重新翻阅诉讼文件 |
[00:25] | Found the report. Whoops. | 找到了这份报告 哎哟 |
[00:27] | – That’s it. – “Whoops”? | -就是这样 -“哎哟” |
[00:29] | Hope, you got that. | 希望你听到了 |
[00:30] | “Whoops”? Your defense is “Whoops”? | “哎哟” 你的辩护词就是”哎哟” |
[00:34] | All right, you’ve made your point. | 好了 你已经陈述过观点了 |
[00:35] | You made us a settlement offer that we would never take. | 你提出的和解条件我们绝不能接受 |
[00:37] | Let’s talk about one that we would. | 咱们来谈个我们能接受的吧 |
[00:39] | This is a deposition, not a settlement meeting. | 这是在取证 不是开和解会议 |
[00:41] | Every meeting is a settlement meeting. | 每次会面都可以是和解会议 |
[00:43] | Fine. | 好吧 |
[00:44] | The offer was 5 million, | 原来的条件是五百万 |
[00:46] | and Harvey gets disbarred. | 并且取消哈维的律师出庭资格 |
[00:48] | How about $100 million? | 现在一亿怎么样 |
[00:51] | And Harvey gets disbarred. | 并且取消哈维的律师出庭资格 |
[00:53] | Tanner, you want to take this to court, go right ahead. | 坦纳 你想把这件案子闹上法庭 随你 |
[00:55] | I’d rather watch her cut you down | 我更想看着她驳倒你 |
[00:56] | than see her cut a deal anyway. | 而不是跟你达成协议 |
[00:58] | You know, I see why Hairdo | 我知道这位美发先生为何想 |
[00:59] | wants to roll the dice, but why you? | 放手一搏 可是你又为什么 |
[01:01] | You just went from 5 million to 100 million, | 你的要价从五百万提到了一亿 |
[01:03] | and you’re questioning why I don’t want to settle. | 你还问我为什么不想和解 |
[01:05] | If that’s a sticking point, | 如果要价是关键的话 |
[01:06] | I might be able to go to 0 million. | 我也可以一分钱不要 |
[01:08] | But the one thing I won’t budge on is | 但我绝不会动摇的一点是 |
[01:09] | he gets disbarred. | 得取消他的律师出庭资格 |
[01:11] | Hey, I’m doing you a favor. | 我可是在帮你的忙呢 |
[01:13] | And what does he– cause a headache like this once, twice a month? | 他多经常捅出这样的篓子 每个月一两次吗 |
[01:16] | Doesn’t matter, | 没关系 |
[01:17] | ’cause he cures more than he makes, | 他解决的问题远比闯下的祸多 |
[01:18] | like when you stuck your nose into my case last year, and he beat you. | 比如你去年闲事管到我头上 而他打败了你 |
[01:22] | Crushed him. | 打得屁滚尿流 |
[01:22] | Then he took his ball and went home. | 他就赌气抱着球回家了 |
[01:24] | – Should’ve stayed there. – Look at that. | -你应该留下来的 -瞧瞧啊 |
[01:26] | Finishing each other’s sentences. | 夫唱妇随的 |
[01:27] | How cute. | 多么有爱 |
[01:28] | No wonder you won’t throw him under the bus. | 难怪你舍不得踹开他呢 |
[01:31] | Good for you, Harvey. | 真替你高兴 哈维 |
[01:32] | I mean, you’re throwing her under the bus. | 我是说 你正在把她拖下水呢 |
[01:35] | Watch yourself, Tanner. | 注意一点 坦纳 |
[01:36] | Oh, what’s the matter, Harv? | 怎么了 哈维 |
[01:38] | Did I offend your delicate sensibilities? | 我刺激到你那脆弱的情感了吗 |
[01:40] | You want to take your ball and go home? | 你也想赌气抱着球回家吗 |
[01:41] | I’m gonna take my ball | 我要举起球 |
[01:42] | – And shove it up your– – Harvey. | -塞到你的… -哈维 |
[01:44] | Of course. | 当然了 |
[01:46] | Your coiffed hair, your pretty nails. | 精致的发型 漂亮的指甲 |
[01:49] | See? She’s the man, and you’re the girl. | 看见没 她才是爷们 你是个小姑娘 |
[01:52] | You know, it’s funny. | 这真搞笑 |
[01:53] | I would have thought she’d prefer someone like– | 我还以为她会喜欢那种… |
[01:55] | This deposition is over. | 取证会到此结束 |
[01:56] | Now what? Is mommy gonna take you home now? | 什么情况 妈咪要带你回家了吗 |
[02:00] | Wait. That’s it. | 等等 原来是这样 |
[02:04] | You got a thing for mommy. | 你有恋母情结 |
[02:06] | And now it all makes sense. | 这样就说得通了 |
[02:09] | Because I actually looked into your mommy, | 因为其实我调查过你妈妈 |
[02:11] | And it turns out that the whole time You were home with daddy, | 结果发现一直以来 只有爸爸陪你待在家里 |
[02:13] | mommy was out banging– | 你妈妈在外面搞… |
[02:26] | Point, Tanner. | 得分 坦纳 |
[02:29] | I’ll see you in court, Harv. | 咱们法庭上见 哈维 |
[02:41] | So when did the plan change | 不是说好要和解吗 |
[02:42] | from trying to settle to punching Tanner in the face? | 怎么就突然揍了坦纳一拳 |
[02:44] | He didn’t seem to want to do the one, | 他似乎不接受第一方案 |
[02:46] | So I did the other. | 所以我只好执行第二方案 |
[02:48] | That’s funny. | 有意思 |
[02:49] | But he got under your skin, | 但他激怒了你 |
[02:51] | And that can’t happen when we go to trial. | 上庭时可不能再这样了 |
[02:52] | – It won’t. – Not if you’re prepared. | -不会的 -你准备好了才不会 |
[02:55] | Are you suggesting a trial run? | 你是建议进行模拟庭审吗 |
[02:56] | I don’t want a trial at all but– | 我一点都不希望进行庭审 但是 |
[02:58] | We already know your position is to cut me loose. | 我们已经知道你的立场是摆脱我 |
[03:00] | But she’s managing partner. | 但她才是执行合伙人 |
[03:01] | – Not you. – No. | -不是你 -对 |
[03:03] | I’m just one of many partners | 我只是和其他众多合伙人一样 |
[03:04] | who don’t know what to think. | 不知道该有何想法 |
[03:06] | And if they don’t know you didn’t do it, | 要是他们不知道你是无辜的 |
[03:07] | how is a jury gonna feel? | 陪审团又将怎么想 |
[03:10] | You’re betting everything on this trial. | 这场庭审你把家当都押上了 |
[03:13] | Better make damn sure you can win. | 最好确保你一定能赢 |
[03:17] | He’s an asshole. | 他是个混蛋 |
[03:18] | He’s right. | 他说得没错 |
[03:20] | All right, what? | 好吧 怎么了 |
[03:22] | If we’re gonna do this, | 如果我们真要模拟庭审 |
[03:23] | I don’t want to waste the chance to tune you up. | 我不想浪费这个好好调教你的机会 |
[03:25] | But that means we need a damn good Tanner. | 但那意味着得找个出色的坦纳 |
[03:28] | Are you saying I’m rusty? | 你是说我技艺生疏了吗 |
[03:29] | When was the last time you were in the ring? | 你上次出庭辩护是什么时候 |
[03:33] | We don’t need a good Tanner. | 我们不需要出色的坦纳 |
[03:36] | We need a nasty Tanner. | 我们要找个卑鄙的坦纳 |
[03:37] | Someone who will do anything to beat me. | 找个不惜一切代价要击败我的人 |
[03:39] | Someone who makes you want to punch him in the face. | 让你想狠狠朝他的脸揍一拳的人 |
[03:46] | Oh, you want me to do what? | 你想让我做什么 |
[03:47] | I just told you four times. | 我刚刚跟你说四遍了 |
[03:49] | – I want you to play Tanner. – No, no, no. | -我要你演坦纳 -不不不 |
[03:50] | I’m–I was a little distracted because I was reading. | 我刚刚在读书 有点走神了 |
[03:52] | Can you just repeat it one more time? | 你能再重复说一遍吗 |
[03:53] | Look, Louis, you’ve had your fun. | 听着 路易 你闹够了 |
[03:55] | When I said the ground rules were to knock me off my game, | 我说基本原则是尽全力击败我 |
[03:57] | I was talking about the trial. | 但那指的是模拟庭审 |
[03:59] | I know what you’re talking about. | 我知道你的意思 |
[04:00] | You didn’t come to me because I’m an idiot. | 你来找我 绝不是因为我是白痴 |
[04:01] | No, not because you’re one, in spite of you being one. | 对 不是因为你是白痴 但你确实是 |
[04:04] | I’m the man for the job, and you know it. | 我是不二人选 你也了解 |
[04:05] | Actually, I had you at number five on my list. | 实际上 你在我的名单上排第五位 |
[04:08] | And what did Jessica have me at? | 杰西卡把我放在第几位 |
[04:09] | Six. | 第六位 |
[04:09] | Okay. I get it. I get it. | 好了 我懂了 我懂了 |
[04:11] | You’re trying to make me mad. | 你这是在激我 |
[04:12] | No, I’m trying to make you good. | 没有 我在帮你提升自己 |
[04:13] | You see, the one thing you have in common | 你和坦纳之间存在着一个共同点 |
[04:15] | With tanner is your hatred of me. | 那就是你们都恨我 |
[04:17] | That is true. | 确实如此 |
[04:17] | But what you don’t have are his skills. | 但你没有他的本事 |
[04:19] | But that’s okay. I’ll go to somebody else. | 不过没关系 我可以去找别人 |
[04:21] | Wait, Harvey. Stop. | 等等 哈维 别走 |
[04:24] | You don’t think I can win? | 你觉得我赢不了吗 |
[04:26] | I know you can’t. | 我知道你不行 |
[04:29] | This isn’t some bank loan, junior. | 这可不是什么银行贷款案 菜鸟 |
[04:33] | Get out. | 滚出去 |
[04:35] | I’ve got a trial to prepare for. | 我还得准备一场庭审 |
[04:36] | And you know what? | 你知道吗 |
[04:36] | When you lose, | 你输了以后 |
[04:38] | do not come crying to me. | 千万别哭着来找我 |
[04:39] | Because there’s nothing on this earth | 因为世界上 |
[04:40] | that would be sacred enough to stop me | 无论多神圣的东西都阻止不了我 |
[04:42] | from shoving your ass in the goddamn ground. | 把你射得爆菊躺趴 |
[04:45] | Good. | 很好 |
[04:46] | Because those are the real ground rules. | 因为这才是真正的基本规则 |
[04:49] | Oh, I see. Now, you’re asking to get lit up. | 我明白了 你这就是求虐呢 |
[04:51] | Somebody wants to get lit up. | 有人求虐啊 |
[05:28] | Messages. Color coded by urgency. | 留言 按轻重缓急标了不同颜色 |
[05:30] | Has Donna called back? | 唐娜回电话了吗 |
[05:32] | She would be red, so… | 她是红色 所以 |
[05:35] | No. | 没有 |
[05:35] | Then those would all be the same shade of I-don’t-give-a-shit. | 除了她的留言 其他我一概不想屌 |
[05:37] | – Call her again. – Yes. | -再给她打一次 -好 |
[05:40] | So? | 那么 |
[05:41] | How was it? | 感觉如何 |
[05:42] | – How was what? – Punching Tanner. | -什么感觉如何 -揍坦纳 |
[05:44] | It was awesome, wasn’t it? Tell me it was awesome. | 感觉一定棒极了吧 快告诉我感觉很棒 |
[05:46] | What are you, in middle school? | 你还是十几岁的小毛孩吗 |
[05:47] | – I’m in the middle of a trial. – A mock trial. | -我正在庭审呢 -假庭审而已 |
[05:49] | Mock trials are for children. | 孩子们才玩假庭审 |
[05:50] | The adults are doing an in-house trial run. | 成年人进行的是专业的模拟庭审 |
[05:52] | Okay. Mock trial, trial run. | 好吧 假庭审 模拟审判 |
[05:54] | Po-tay-to, po-tah-to, not potato. | 马琳薯 马龙薯 都不是马铃薯 |
[05:56] | What do you need me to do? | 你要我做什么 |
[05:57] | What he needs you to do is help me. | 他要你来帮我 |
[06:00] | What’s this? | 这是什么 |
[06:00] | You’ve been drafted. | 你被抽调了 |
[06:01] | Okay, what round? | 好吧 哪回合 |
[06:03] | Excuse me? | 你说什么 |
[06:05] | Sports metaphor. | 体育隐喻 |
[06:06] | Oh, it’s not tennis. Sports. | 无关网球 是运动 |
[06:08] | You’ve been assigned by the judge to help me | 法官派你来帮我 |
[06:11] | in pretty boy’s trial. | 处理美男的审讯 |
[06:12] | Oh, look at that, he thinks I’m pretty. | 瞧瞧 他觉得我是美男呢 |
[06:14] | Wait, what judge? | 等等 什么法官 |
[06:16] | His honor, Daniel Hardman. | 法官大人 丹尼尔·哈德曼 |
[06:17] | I’ll see you in court, sweet tits. | 法庭见 娘炮 |
[06:20] | No, no. He can’t. | 不不 他不可以这样 |
[06:21] | – He can. – I’m not– | -他可以 – 我不是 |
[06:22] | – You are. – Harvey– | -你是 -哈维 |
[06:23] | Listen, Louis is devious, | 听着 路易这家伙狡诈 |
[06:25] | confident, and intelligent. | 自信而且聪明 |
[06:26] | You forgot ugly, lazy, and disrespectful. | 你忘了他丑陋 懒惰和无礼的那一面 |
[06:29] | Now is not the time to quote the Breakfast Club. | 现在不是引用《早餐俱乐部》的时候 |
[06:31] | Oh, you mess with the bull, you get the horn. | 跟公牛作对 难免被牛角顶到 |
[06:32] | Stop it. This trial is no joke. | 闭嘴 这次审讯绝非儿戏 |
[06:34] | Jessica’s going against Muhammad Ali. | 杰西卡要和拳王阿里过招 |
[06:37] | She’d better be able to beat Joe Frazier. | 她最好能打得过乔·弗雷泽 |
[06:39] | Louis is no Joe Frazier. | 路易的水平可不够当乔·弗雷泽 |
[06:40] | Okay. I get it. | 好 我明白了 |
[06:41] | You want me to help louis think outside the box. | 你要我帮路易跳出固定思维模式 |
[06:44] | Exactly. Now, how would you come after me? | 没错 想灭掉我的话 你会怎么做 |
[06:46] | – Well, first of all– – Don’t tell me, tell louis. | -首先 -别告诉我 跟路易说去 |
[06:48] | Because you and I are not discussing | 我和你可不能在审讯期间 |
[06:49] | This trial during this trial. | 讨论这次审讯 |
[06:51] | Oh, and you were right. | 你说得对 |
[06:53] | I know. About what? | 我知道 关于什么 |
[06:55] | Tanner. | 揍坦纳 |
[06:57] | It was awesome. | 确实很爽 |
[07:10] | Guess you’re not going to let me win. | 我猜你是不打算放水了 |
[07:11] | – Have I ever? – Would I know? | -我放过水吗 -我怎么知道 |
[07:13] | Doubtful. | 应该没有吧 |
[07:15] | Have you ever? | 你放过水吗 |
[07:20] | Rule number 27: | 第二十七条规定 |
[07:22] | Never beat the person you’re trying to close. | 绝不要打你想与之和解的人 |
[07:26] | I always hated rule number 27. | 我始终厌恶这条规定 |
[07:29] | You couldn’t close me five years ago. | 五年前你就没跟我和解成 |
[07:30] | What makes you think you’ve got a shot tonight? | 你凭什么觉得今晚会有机会 |
[07:31] | Didn’t. Not couldn’t. | 是没和解 不是没法和解 |
[07:33] | And five years ago, | 况且五年前 |
[07:35] | It wasn’t your legal services I was interested in. | 当时让我感兴趣的又不是你的律师才干 |
[07:38] | How does Jessica feel about an employee | 辞职的员工又回来做咨询 |
[07:40] | who resigned coming back to consult? | 杰西卡对此是什么感受 |
[07:42] | She’s onboard. | 她已经认同了 |
[07:43] | Do you mean I have to convince her? | 你其实是说我还得去说服她 |
[07:45] | See that? That’s why I want you. | 明白了吧 这就是我需要的你的原因 |
[07:48] | You could’ve told me all this on the phone. | 这些话你在电话里说就行了 |
[07:50] | Well, I wanted to see you first. | 我想先和你见个面 |
[07:52] | Make sure things weren’t… awkward. | 确保我们冰释前嫌了 |
[07:56] | You know, because– | 你懂的 因为 |
[07:57] | “I didn’t call you back five years ago”? | 五年前我没给你回电话 |
[08:02] | You think you didn’t call me back five years ago? | 你觉得五年前是你没有给我回电话 |
[08:04] | Oh, I know I didn’t call you back five years ago. | 我知道五年前我确实没给你回电话 |
[08:07] | Well, I hope your jury consulting | 我希望你的法律顾问水平 |
[08:08] | is better than your memory. | 比你的记忆力更可靠 |
[08:09] | I guess we’ll have to agree to disagree. | 我想我们还是求同存异吧 |
[08:11] | Because you know I’m right. | 因为你知道我没错 |
[08:12] | Because I’m a bigger person, | 是因为我比你成熟 |
[08:16] | which is why I’m gonna come in. | 所以我才参与此事 |
[08:20] | But I want to know, why’d you call me | 可我想知道 为什么你找了我 |
[08:21] | instead of Ted Phillips? | 而不是泰德·菲利普斯 |
[08:24] | Why do you think? | 你觉得为什么呢 |
[08:26] | They had the document. | 他们手上已有那份文件 |
[08:28] | They kept it to themselves, and then they destroyed it. | 他们私藏文件 还将其销毁 |
[08:33] | These are the facts of the case, | 这就是整个案件的事实 |
[08:34] | And they are undisputed. | 这是毫无争议的 |
[08:42] | Aren’t you supposed to be over there? | 你不是该在那里吗 |
[08:44] | You know, I’m just working on something for work. | 我只是在忙工作上的事 |
[08:46] | Yeah. And just quoting A Few Good Men. | 是啊 还引用了《义海雄风》的台词 |
[08:48] | – For work. – I know. | -为了案件 -我明白 |
[08:52] | Look, I, um… | 话说 我 |
[08:55] | I have to ask you. | 我得问你件事儿 |
[08:58] | Do you think that it’s at all possible | 你觉得有没有可能 |
[09:01] | that he actually did it? | 他真的那么做了 |
[09:02] | – No, I don’t. – How do you know? | -不可能 -你怎么知道 |
[09:05] | Because I know harvey. | 因为我了解哈维 |
[09:07] | I mean, how could you think he could do it? | 话说你怎么能觉得他会那么做呢 |
[09:08] | Because I don’t know harvey. | 因为我不了解哈维 |
[09:10] | All I know is that he thinks he’s above the rules, | 我只知道他不把规则放在眼里 |
[09:12] | and he will do whatever it takes to win. | 他会为了赢而不择手段 |
[09:15] | Yeah, but that doesn’t mean– | 是 但那不意味着 |
[09:21] | You don’t think he has integrity. | 你不觉得他是正直的人 |
[09:25] | Ah. Sorry, I have to go. | 抱歉 我得走了 |
[09:27] | Oh, Mike. | 迈克 |
[09:31] | What happens to you if Harvey loses? | 如果哈维输了 你会怎么样 |
[09:37] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[09:38] | But right now, it’s not my job | 不过眼下 担心他输掉 |
[09:39] | to worry about him losing. | 不是我该做的事 |
[09:43] | Ladies and gentlemen of the jury, | 陪审团的女士们先生们 |
[09:44] | guilty is not gray. | 是否有罪没有灰色地带 |
[09:46] | You either are or you aren’t. | 你要么就有罪 要么就无罪 |
[09:47] | And Harvey Specter is guilty of concealing that document. | 而哈维·斯佩克私藏那份文件是有罪的 |
[09:51] | It’s a good opening. It’s not good enough. | 不错的开头 但还不够好 |
[09:54] | Says his lap dog. | 他的哈巴狗发话了 |
[09:56] | Says the guy who knows how to beat him. | 是那个知道如何打败他的人发话了 |
[09:58] | I’m listening. | 洗耳恭听 |
[10:00] | – How? – Don’t play the odds. Play the man. | -如何 -别赌运气 赌那个人 |
[10:03] | – Do you know how Harvey beat Tanner? – No. | -你知道哈维是如何赢坦纳的吗 -不知道 |
[10:05] | He threatened to commit perjury to win. | 为了赢 他曾威胁要犯伪证罪 |
[10:07] | Of course, it’s classic Harvey. | 当然 这是哈维的经典作风 |
[10:09] | He was bluffing. | 他那时只是虚张声势 |
[10:10] | But Tanner didn’t know that, | 可坦纳并不知道 |
[10:11] | and Harvey used it against him. | 哈维就是利用这一点来对付他 |
[10:14] | What’s your point? | 你是什么意思 |
[10:14] | My point is you said classic harvey | 我的意思就是你说这是哈维的经典作风 |
[10:16] | Before you even knew he was bluffing | 哪怕你并不知道他只是虚张声势 |
[10:18] | Because you don’t think harvey has any integrity. | 因为你觉得哈维不是个正直的人 |
[10:20] | Nobody thinks harvey has integrity. | 没人觉得哈维正直 |
[10:21] | So then use that | 就抓住这一点 |
[10:23] | against him. | 来对付他 |
[10:27] | Easier said than done. Thanks. | 知易行难 多谢 |
[10:31] | Yeah. No, you’re right. | 你说得对 |
[10:32] | Maybe it would just be easier | 也许在他办公室里 |
[10:33] | to bug his office with a dictaphone. | 偷安个窃听器会简单点 |
[10:35] | Then use that to get ahead. | 然后靠那录音大获全胜 |
[10:38] | I did not use it for that reason. | 我不是为了赢他才装的 |
[10:41] | Yes, you did, because you are a devious son of a bitch. | 你就是 因为你是个狡诈的贱人 |
[10:43] | – How dare you– – Shut up. You know it. | -你竟敢 -闭嘴 此事你知 |
[10:45] | I know it. Everybody knows it. | 我知 天下皆知 |
[10:47] | I did what I did for the integrity of the firm. | 我是为了公司的廉正才那么做的 |
[10:49] | Then why didn’t you take it | 那你怎么不把录音先拿给 |
[10:50] | to the managing partner of the firm? | 公司的执行管理人听呢 |
[10:52] | Daniel had a right to know. | 丹尼尔有权知道此事 |
[10:53] | And Jessica had a right to tell him, | 杰西卡也有权告诉他 |
[10:55] | but you told him. | 你却直接跟他说了 |
[10:56] | You sought out Hardman | 你巴结哈德曼 |
[10:57] | Because if he comes out on top, you want him to owe you. | 好让他哪天出头了还欠你个人情 |
[10:59] | He was there when I heard it. | 我听录音的时候他刚好就在那里 |
[11:01] | He asked, I told him. | 他问起 我就告诉他了 |
[11:03] | Oh, so he asked if Harvey had a secret? | 他问起哈维有无秘密了吗 |
[11:05] | – No, he didn’t. – So then you volunteered it, | -他没问 -那你就是主动告诉他的 |
[11:07] | which is as good as seeking it out. | 这与直接巴结一样 |
[11:08] | – Devious. – You weren’t there. | -狡诈 -你当时又不在场 |
[11:10] | You don’t know. You’re twisting what happened. | 对情况一无所知 你这是在扭曲实情 |
[11:12] | Which is exactly what you need to do to Harvey. | 你就该像我对你这样对付哈维 |
[11:27] | How long have you been waiting? | 你在这里等了多久 |
[11:28] | How long were you gonna ignore my calls? | 你还要忽略我的电话多久 |
[11:30] | Last I checked, you haven’t called. | 我上次查手机没看到你的来电 |
[11:32] | I’ve left you ten voicemails in the last week. | 我上周给你留了10条语音信息 |
[11:34] | Huh, that’s so weird. | 这就怪了 |
[11:35] | I seem to remember your assistant | 我记得似乎是你的助手 |
[11:36] | leaving me ten voice mails. | 给我留了10条语音信息 |
[11:39] | You know I don’t know how to dial out. | 你知道我不懂如何挂外线 |
[11:40] | Is it eight? Is it nine? | 是8 还是9 |
[11:42] | Do you know how to use your cell phone? | 你知道怎么用你的手机吗 |
[11:44] | Because if I were your assistant, | 如果我是你的助手 |
[11:45] | I would have totally programmed my phone number into it. | 肯定早就把自己的号码存进去了 |
[11:46] | Oh, wait. | 等等 |
[11:48] | I did. When I was your assistant. | 我存了 当我还是你的助手那会儿 |
[11:51] | Okay, look. I’m an asshole. | 好吧 我是个混蛋 |
[11:52] | Did you come here to tell me things I already know? | 你就是来告诉我一个已知的事情吗 |
[11:54] | No, I came here to see how you’re doing. | 不 我是来看你过得好不好 |
[11:58] | You came to get me to do the trial run. | 你是来找我参加试审的 |
[12:01] | Donna, it’s important. | 唐娜 这很重要 |
[12:02] | Yeah, important for me to get up there | 重要到让我跑去说 |
[12:03] | and say I screwed up trying to protect you? | 我搞砸就是为了保护你 |
[12:06] | You did screw up. | 你确实把事情搞砸了 |
[12:07] | Yes. To protect you. | 是啊 为了保护你 |
[12:09] | Which I never asked you to do. | 我从没要你这么做过 |
[12:10] | No, you just expected me to do it. | 对 你是希望我那么做 |
[12:13] | Like I expected you to fight for me. | 就像我希望你能为我争取一样 |
[12:15] | – I did. – Really? | -我做了 -是吗 |
[12:17] | Like you fought for Mike? | 就像你为迈克争取那样吗 |
[12:17] | Because that fight, you somehow managed to win. | 但那次 你成功把他留了下来 |
[12:20] | Oh, and when you thought he needed to be fired, | 对了 你觉得他需要被炒掉的时候 |
[12:23] | you respected him enough to do it yourself. | 至少很尊重他 亲自动手 |
[12:25] | Jessica insisted that she be the one to let you go. | 杰西卡坚持要亲自请你走 |
[12:28] | And since when have you ever done anything | 如果你自己不乐意 |
[12:30] | Jessica wanted if it wasn’t what you wanted too? | 才不会对杰西卡言听计从 |
[12:34] | Donna, I need you there. | 唐娜 我需要你上庭 |
[12:36] | I need you to tell them that I didn’t do this. | 我需要你告诉他们我没做那种事 |
[12:41] | I’m sorry, I can’t. | 抱歉 我办不到 |
[12:43] | I’ve hired an attorney. | 我已经请了一名律师 |
[12:44] | If this thing goes to trial, I’m gonna be taking the fifth. | 如果要闹上庭 我会援用第五修正案 |
[12:46] | So if you need another Donna at the firm, | 如果你在公司还需要另一个唐娜 |
[12:48] | just have anybody say, “I decline to answer,” | 找个人来说”我拒绝回答”就好 |
[12:50] | because that’s all you’re gonna get out of me anyway. | 反正即使我去参加模审 也只会说这一句而已 |
[12:53] | – Donna. – I decline to answer. | -唐娜 -我拒绝回答 |
[12:55] | Really? Really? | 不是吧你 不是吧 |
[13:08] | You don’t get my kind of track record just by moneyballing people. | 单纯地投机是拿不到我这种业绩记录的 |
[13:10] | She’s the me of jury consulting. | 她是陪审团顾问版的我 |
[13:12] | Don’t sell me short, Harvey. I’m trying to close a deal here. | 别低估我 哈维 我还想把自己推销出去呢 |
[13:14] | What kind of jury would you pick? | 你会选哪种陪审员 |
[13:16] | I already did. You need men. | 已经选好了 你需要男性 |
[13:18] | That’s a mistake. Women love me. | 选择有误 我更受女性欢迎 |
[13:20] | Really? | 是吗 |
[13:20] | Because I showed them your photo, | 那为什么我给她们看你照片的时候 |
[13:22] | and they described you as arrogant, | 她们对你的形容是 傲慢 |
[13:24] | conceited, cocky… | 自负 自大… |
[13:26] | Oh, and arrogant again. | 又一个说傲慢的 |
[13:27] | What about handsome? | 有人形容我帅气吗 |
[13:28] | Did I not mention arrogant? | 你没听见我说傲慢吗 |
[13:30] | It’s not bragging if it’s true. | 如果是事实就不算吹嘘 |
[13:31] | – Yes, it is. – Yes, it is. | -就是吹嘘 -就是吹嘘 |
[13:34] | Zoe, I’m still not convinced | 佐伊 我还是不确定 |
[13:36] | I should hire you instead of Ted Phillips. | 我是否该雇你来取代泰德·菲利普斯 |
[13:38] | After all, Harvey never tried to | 还有 哈维从没想过 |
[13:39] | sleep with Ted Phillips. | 要睡泰德·菲利普斯 |
[13:41] | Who says I never tried to sleep with Ted Phillips? | 谁说我从没想过要睡泰德·菲利普斯 |
[13:43] | I can do what Ted can’t. | 我能做泰德做不到的事 |
[13:45] | Hardman came back. You’re in his chair. | 哈德曼回来了 而你占着他的位子 |
[13:47] | – He doesn’t like that. – You told her? | -他很不高兴 -你告诉她的吗 |
[13:49] | I didn’t have to. | 我没必要告诉她 |
[13:50] | The partners don’t know what to think. | 合伙人们不知道该有何想法 |
[13:53] | We don’t just need to convince a jury I’m innocent. | 我们不能只说服一名陪审员我是无辜的 |
[13:55] | We need to convince them I’m innocent. | 我们要说服整个陪审团我是无辜的 |
[13:57] | Because if they don’t trust Harvey… | 因为如果他们不相信哈维 |
[13:58] | They don’t trust me. | 他们就不会相信我 |
[13:59] | And if they don’t trust you, | 而如果他们不相信你 |
[14:00] | and it ever comes to a vote, he’ll win. | 那一旦投票表决 他就会赢 |
[14:02] | She’s worked here. She knows the other partners. | 她在这儿工作过 她了解其他合伙人 |
[14:05] | She can read them. | 她懂得读取人心 |
[14:06] | And I also know Hardman. | 而且我也很了解哈德曼 |
[14:08] | I never liked him. | 从没喜欢过他 |
[14:11] | I won’t tell Hardman what I tell you. | 我不会告诉哈德曼对你所说的话 |
[14:15] | Welcome back, Zoe. | 欢迎回来 佐伊 |
[14:24] | Please state your name. | 请报上你的大名 |
[14:25] | Harvey Specter. | 哈维·斯佩克特 |
[14:27] | Your full name. | 全名 |
[14:28] | Harvey Reginald Specter. | 哈维·雷吉纳德·斯佩克特 |
[14:34] | Do you consider yourself a liar, Mr. Specter? | 你觉得自己是个骗子吗 斯佩克特先生 |
[14:36] | Of course not. | 当然不是 |
[14:37] | Didn’t you recently confess | 你最近难道没有承认 |
[14:38] | that as an associate | 在做助理的时候 |
[14:40] | you hid an important file. | 你隐藏过一份重要资料 |
[14:42] | Belonging to a– | 这份资料属于 |
[14:44] | what was his name? | 他叫什么来着的 |
[14:46] | Oh, yeah, a Louis Litt. | 对了 路易·利特 |
[14:49] | That was a prank. | 那不过是个恶作剧 |
[14:50] | It was a one-time thing. | 而且仅此一次 |
[14:51] | So you didn’t do anything wrong? | 所以你觉得自己没做错 |
[14:54] | I don’t think so. | 我不觉得有错 |
[14:55] | And when asked, | 那么之前被问询的时候 |
[14:56] | did you claim that | 你是否表示 |
[14:57] | – you knew nothing about it? – Yes. | -你对此事毫不知情 -是的 |
[14:59] | Did you ever do anything to remedy the situation? | 你有做任何事来弥补这个局面吗 |
[15:01] | – No. – Why not? | -没有 -为什么不 |
[15:02] | What was done was done. | 木已成舟了 |
[15:03] | “What was done was done.” | “木已成舟” |
[15:06] | And like you said, it was a one-time thing, right? | 正如你所说 只此一次对吗 |
[15:08] | – Yes. – Was it? | -是的 -是吗 |
[15:12] | Because I think maybe this is a pattern. | 就我看来这可能是你的一种模式 |
[15:14] | Information was hidden, | 信息被隐藏 |
[15:15] | you claim you knew nothing about it, | 你表示对此毫不知情 |
[15:17] | you did nothing to rectify the situation, | 也没做任何补救措施 |
[15:19] | And years later, you maintain you’ve done nothing wrong. | 几年之后 你就会坚持自己没做错事 |
[15:22] | Your honor, he’s testifying. | 法官大人 他在自证 |
[15:24] | Sounds exactly the same as why we’re here today. | 听上去与此案的情况一模一样 |
[15:26] | Except there’s one big difference. | 除了有一处很大的不同 |
[15:27] | – Your honor. – This time… | -法官大人 -这回 |
[15:28] | A man was killed. | 有人被杀了 |
[15:35] | No further questions, your honor. | 讯问完毕 法官大人 |
[15:39] | What’s done is done, right? | 木已成舟 不是吗 |
[15:45] | The plaintiff calls Ms. Donna Paulsen. | 原告传唤唐娜·鲍尔森女士 |
[15:49] | Ms. Paulsen, did Harvey Specter | 鲍尔森女士 哈维·斯佩克特 |
[15:51] | order you to shred this document? | 有命令你销毁这份文件吗 |
[15:54] | I decline to answer pursuant to my fifth amendment rights. | 援引第五修正案我拒绝回答 |
[15:56] | So you don’t want to take this opportunity | 所以你不想利用这个机会 |
[15:59] | to state your employer’s innocence? | 证明你的老板是无辜的吗 |
[16:01] | – Objection. – You can’t object. | -反对 -你不能反对 |
[16:03] | – Jessica will. – Could you just… | -杰西卡就会 -你能不能… |
[16:04] | Sorry. Yeah. | 对不起 |
[16:05] | Ms. Paulsen, do you consider yourself good at your job? | 鲍尔森女士 你自认为工作能力很强吗 |
[16:08] | I do. | 是的 |
[16:09] | Have you ever stated to one Rachel Zane | 你是否对一名叫瑞秋·赞恩的人说过 |
[16:12] | that you are indeed the best legal secretary in the city? | 你其实是全纽约最棒的法律助理 |
[16:15] | Mike, you can’t. | 迈克 你不能这样 |
[16:17] | Donna, I can. | 唐娜 我可以 |
[16:20] | Yes. | 是的 |
[16:21] | Ms. Paulsen, there was a personal date stamp | 鲍尔森女士 有份五年前的文件上的 |
[16:23] | From five years ago on the document | 私人日期戳显示 |
[16:25] | that you’re accused of shredding. | 你涉嫌销毁证物 |
[16:26] | – Was it yours? – I decline to answer. | -那个戳是你的吗 -我拒绝回答 |
[16:28] | Did it look like your date stamp? | 它看上去是你的日期戳吗 |
[16:30] | I decline to answer. | 我拒绝回答 |
[16:31] | Okay. Then let me ask you this. | 好吧 那我这样问 |
[16:33] | Would you believe that the best legal secretary | 你能相信全纽约最棒的法律助理 |
[16:35] | in the city didn’t know about a document, | 根本不知道有这么一份文件 |
[16:37] | even though it had what appeared to be her date stamp on it? | 即使上面明显盖的是她的日期戳 |
[16:41] | I decline to answer. | 我拒绝回答 |
[16:43] | And would you believe that that same secretary | 你能相信同样是这名助理 |
[16:45] | would have destroyed that document | 会销毁这份文件 |
[16:47] | without explicit orders from her boss? | 还未经过她上司的批准 |
[16:54] | This is gonna be bad, isn’t it? | 事情会变得很严重 不是吗 |
[17:00] | Donna’s gonna be great. Just follow the script. | 唐娜没问题的 只要照脚本走 |
[17:02] | Well, Rachel’s not Donna. | 瑞秋又不是唐娜 |
[17:03] | She’s not guilty, and she can’t be rattled. | 她没罪 受审不会慌张 |
[17:04] | You see how I rattled Harvey? | 你看到我怎么让哈维慌张的吧 |
[17:06] | The jury listens to words, but they respond to fear. | 陪审团听到的是语言 但会对恐惧做出反应 |
[17:08] | And we don’t have that… | 而我们没有恐惧的气氛 |
[17:12] | yet. | 现在还没有 |
[17:12] | – What’s this? – Subpoena. | -这是什么 -传票 |
[17:15] | You want to depose me? | 你要让我作证吗 |
[17:16] | Okay, let’s stop playing tiptoe through the tulips | 别再玩这种吃葡萄不吐葡萄皮 |
[17:18] | around the elephant in the room. | 吃蜂蜜不捅马蜂窝的游戏了 |
[17:18] | That’s not a thing. | 根本没这种玩意 |
[17:19] | You know some things about Harvey, | 你知道哈维的一些事情 |
[17:20] | and I need to know them too. | 而我也需要知道 |
[17:22] | You yourself said go after the man. | 你要我去搞定那个男人 |
[17:24] | What better way to go after the man than to question the boy? | 最好的方法不就是讯问那个男人的小跟班吗 |
[17:26] | But I don’t know anything about this case. | 但我对这件案子一无所知 |
[17:27] | That’s an evasive answer, Mike. | 这个回答很牵强 迈克 |
[17:29] | You’re hiding something, and I smell fear. | 你在隐瞒什么事 我闻到了恐惧 |
[17:31] | I have to go to the restroom. | 我要去上个厕所 |
[17:32] | Wait a minute. How bad is it? | 等等 你有多急 |
[17:34] | – Is it uncomfortable? – Well, now it is. | -让你不舒服了吗 -现在不舒服了 |
[17:37] | Good. | 很好 |
[17:42] | Is that a polygraph? | 这是测谎仪吗 |
[17:43] | – Yes. – Nope. | -是的 -不要 |
[17:44] | You are under oath. | 你宣过誓 |
[17:45] | And I’ll tell the truth. | 所以我会说实话 |
[17:47] | You bet your ass you will, or I’ll know. | 你最好是 不然我会发现的 |
[17:50] | We’ll start with an easy one. | 先来个简单的 |
[17:51] | What’s your name? | 你叫什么名字 |
[17:55] | Mike Ross. | 迈克·罗斯 |
[17:56] | Where do you work? | 在哪儿工作 |
[17:57] | Pearson Hardman. | 皮尔逊·哈德曼 |
[17:59] | What do you do for a living? | 你做什么工作 |
[18:02] | I practice law. | 我是律师 |
[18:03] | And where did you attend law school? | 你毕业于哪所法学院 |
[18:10] | What? What’s the matter? | 有什么问题吗 |
[18:10] | Nothing. | 没 |
[18:14] | – You’re lying. – No, I’m not. | -你在撒谎 -我没有 |
[18:19] | I beg to differ. | 难以苟同 |
[18:25] | Listen to me. | 听着 |
[18:28] | I know why the machine says you’re lying. | 我知道测谎仪说你撒谎的原因 |
[18:33] | You’re nervous. | 你在紧张 |
[18:35] | You don’t want to rat out Harvey. | 你不想出卖哈维 |
[18:36] | I get that. | 我理解 |
[18:37] | But it’s time you accept the situation. | 但现在你必须接受现状 |
[18:40] | This is happening | 情况刻不容缓 |
[18:42] | and you’re going to have to tell me some things about Harvey. | 你必须把哈维的那些事告诉我 |
[18:45] | I accept that. | 我同意 |
[18:46] | Then answer the goddamn question. | 那就快回答这该死的问题 |
[18:57] | I’m proud to say that I have a diploma from Harvard Law. | 我以拥有哈弗法学院的毕业文凭为荣 |
[19:02] | Now it’s time that you accept the situation. | 现在轮到你接受现状了 |
[19:06] | I’m not afraid of you. | 我不怕你 |
[19:08] | I wasn’t there, | 我当时不在场 |
[19:09] | And I don’t know anything that’s gonna help this case. | 我不知道任何对案子有用的信息 |
[19:14] | Do you want fear? | 你想要个真情实感的 |
[19:17] | I’ll get you Donna. | 我帮你把唐娜找来 |
[19:30] | The answer’s no. | 我拒绝 |
[19:32] | I didn’t even ask a question yet. | 我什么都没问呢 |
[19:34] | Yeah, well you were going to. | 但你会问的 |
[19:35] | Yeah. And you were gonna say no, but instead you’re gonna say yes. | 没错 而且你会改变主意答应我的 |
[19:37] | That’s funny ’cause I already said no to Harvey. | 真可笑 我连哈维都拒绝了 |
[19:39] | – And you, my dear, are not… – Are not harvey. | -而亲爱的 你可不是 -不是哈维 |
[19:41] | No, I’m the guy who told you not to destroy that document, | 确实 但是我忠告你不要销毁文件 |
[19:44] | and you’re the girl who promised me she wouldn’t. | 而你也答应我了 |
[19:45] | – You know that I… – Broke your promise. | -你知道我… -背弃了承诺 |
[19:49] | Well, then I guess I just suck. | 好吧 我这人就是糟糕 |
[19:51] | Because I’m breaking another one right now. | 因为我还违背了另一个承诺 |
[19:53] | I told my attorney that I wouldn’t talk to anybody at the firm | 我向我的律师保证过 直到结案为止 |
[19:55] | until after this was over. | 我不会和律所里的任何人说话 |
[19:56] | – You hired an attorney? – Yeah. | -你还请了律师 -对啊 |
[19:58] | I’d rather not go to jail. | 我可不想坐牢 |
[20:01] | I don’t do roommates, and I definitely don’t do orange. | 我不喜欢有室友 也绝不想穿橙色衣服[囚衣] |
[20:03] | Nobody’s going to jail, Donna. | 你不会坐牢的 唐娜 |
[20:04] | You can’t guarantee that. | 你说了可不算 |
[20:06] | You dragged me into harvey’s office once, and you scold me | 有次你把我拉进哈维的办公室大骂了一顿 |
[20:08] | about how much he loves his job. | 告诉我哈维有多爱这份工作 |
[20:10] | Well, if you don’t help him prep for Tanner, | 如果你不帮他对付坦纳 |
[20:11] | He’s gonna lose in court, he is gonna get disbarred, | 他会输掉庭审 被撤销律师执照 |
[20:13] | and he is never gonna be able to do what he loves ever again. | 再也不能从事他所爱的职业 |
[20:16] | That is not fair. | 这不公平 |
[20:17] | No, what’s not fair is Harvey taking the blame for your mistake. | 让哈维替你的错误买单才是真正的不公平 |
[20:21] | You know what, do whatever your attorney wants. | 你就乖乖听你的律师话吧 |
[20:23] | Come in. Don’t come in. Go to the movies. Take pilates. | 爱来不来 看场电影 练练普拉提 |
[20:24] | I don’t give a shit. | 我才不管 |
[20:26] | Because whatever you do, | 因为不管你去做什么 |
[20:28] | You’re gonna regret it for the rest of your life. | 都会为此后悔一生 |
[20:39] | The plaintiff would like to call Ms. Jessica Pearson to the stand. | 原告想请杰西卡·皮尔逊出庭作证 |
[20:44] | Sidebar? | 开玩笑吗 |
[20:49] | This is just an attempt to make Harvey’s attorney | 你们只是试图让哈维 |
[20:51] | look bad in front of the jury. | 在陪审团面前难堪 |
[20:53] | What, you think Tanner’s gonna make you look good? | 你还指望坦纳会让你好过吗 |
[20:54] | You’re a named defendant. | 你是被告之一 |
[20:55] | He has a right to call you. | 他有权力这么做 |
[20:56] | Louis, will you excuse us for a moment? | 路易 你介意回避一下吗 |
[21:03] | You think I don’t see what you’re trying to do? | 我知道你在打什么小算盘 |
[21:05] | You want him to undermine me in front of the partners. | 你想在合伙人面前 通过他毁我形象 |
[21:07] | I’m acting in an unbiased manner. | 我所作所为公平公正 |
[21:10] | It sure took you a while to jump in when Harvey was up here. | 有哈维在 你想融入团队可不容易了吧 |
[21:12] | Oh, wait, you never jumped in. | 不对 你就没融入过 |
[21:14] | Jessica, you chose to try this case. | 杰西卡 是你要模拟这案子的 |
[21:17] | You could have been up here. Instead, you’re down there. | 本来这位子是你的 你却选择坐在下面 |
[21:21] | Either take a knee or take that stand. | 休庭还是作证 二选其一吧 |
[21:31] | Would you say it’s important to win at Pearson Hardman? | 皮尔逊·哈德曼是否重视输赢 |
[21:33] | You don’t get to be one of the top law firms in New York by losing. | 输官司的律所在纽约可没前途 |
[21:36] | What about Mr. Specter? How’s his track record? | 斯佩克特先生的成绩如何 |
[21:38] | Exceptional. He almost always wins. | 相当出色 他几乎未尝败绩 |
[21:39] | Almost always. | 几乎全胜 |
[21:43] | Is that why he’s the… | 这就是为什么 |
[21:44] | youngest senior partner in firm history? | 他成为史上最年轻的资深合伙人的原因吗 |
[21:48] | It’s a factor. | 这是原因之一 |
[21:48] | And how much did the firm benefit with the coastal motors win? | 律所从科斯特尔案子获利多少 |
[21:53] | I’d say the profits were somewhere in the mid 8 figures. | 我想获利有八位数左右 |
[21:57] | And if Mr. Specter had lost those 8 figures, | 如果斯佩克特先生输了这桩八位数的案子 |
[22:00] | would he have still made senior partner so young? | 还能这么早当上资深合伙人吗 |
[22:06] | No. | 不 |
[22:07] | – No, he wouldn’t have. – How much did Mr. Specter | -不可能 -斯佩克特先生 |
[22:09] | personally gain as senior partner? | 作为资深合伙人收入多少 |
[22:11] | It’s too soon to say. | 这还没法说 |
[22:12] | He hasn’t received his first bonus yet. | 他还没拿到第一笔分红呢 |
[22:14] | – Ballpark. – No. | -大约估计 -不 |
[22:16] | – Are you that ashamed of how much you pay him? – No. | -你以付他这笔钱为耻吗 -不 |
[22:19] | Well, then answer the question. | 那就回答我的问题 |
[22:23] | – Millions. – And a junior partner makes? | -数百万 -那初级合伙人拿多少 |
[22:26] | Much less. | 少很多 |
[22:29] | So win, and you’re rewarded millions. | 所以赢下此案 就有数百万的奖励 |
[22:33] | Win less, and no matter how much hard work, dedication, | 反之 不管你再努力敬业 |
[22:38] | or administrative dominance is displayed, | 有再高的管理地位 |
[22:40] | you get nothing. | 都分文不得 |
[22:46] | Quite the incentive | 确实能激励你 |
[22:48] | to do whatever it takes to “Almost always” win. | 为达”几乎”全胜不择手段 |
[22:56] | I have to say, delicious dinner, fantastic wine… | 我不得不说 美味的晚餐 上乘的红酒 |
[22:59] | Almost enough to make up for the mediocre company. | 确实抵去了约会对象的平庸不足 |
[23:02] | Don’t be too hard on yourself. You’re not mediocre. | 别对自己那么苛刻 你才不平庸 |
[23:04] | See, that’s funny, because you were talking about me. | 真可笑 你其实是在说我平庸 |
[23:07] | There it is, the Specter smile. | 出现了 斯佩克特的招牌笑容 |
[23:10] | What can I say? It came with the name. | 我还能说什么 这就是我专属的 |
[23:12] | And you’re never fully dressed without a smile. | 没这笑容 你简直就是半裸的 |
[23:13] | Being fully dressed is overrated. | 你太夸张了 |
[23:15] | It is when you look like me. | 对我来讲毫不夸张 |
[23:17] | Mrs. Robinson, are you trying to seduce me? | 罗宾森太太 你是在色诱我吗 |
[23:21] | Did you just call me Mrs. Robinson? | 你刚竟然喊我罗宾森太太 |
[23:24] | Okay, first of all, I’m younger than Anne Bancroft. | 首先 我比安妮·班克罗夫特年轻 |
[23:27] | Anne Bancroft was hot. | 安妮·班克罗夫特很性感 |
[23:28] | Which brings me to second of all. | 这正是我要说的第二点 |
[23:29] | I’m hotter than Anne Bancroft. | 我比安妮·班克罗夫特更性感 |
[23:31] | I’m hotter than Dustin Hoffman. | 我也比达斯汀·霍夫曼更帅 |
[23:33] | Not in Tootsie. | 别玩《窈窕淑男》了 |
[23:37] | Are you afraid you’re gonna lose this thing? | 你担心输掉这案子吗 |
[23:40] | No. | 不 |
[23:42] | You should be. | 你该担心 |
[23:43] | Why, because louis had one good direct? | 就因为路易走了一步妙棋 |
[23:45] | You walk through life like men want to be you | 你人生路走得太顺利 男人都想成为你 |
[23:48] | and women want to sleep with you. | 女人都想和你睡 |
[23:49] | I don’t always walk. | 我不一直走路 |
[23:50] | Sometimes I drive fast. | 有时还飙飙车 |
[23:52] | And it’s exactly that kind of response that make the partners think you’re an ass. | 就是这种态度让合伙人都觉得你是个混蛋 |
[23:56] | Being an ass doesn’t make me guilty of fraud. | 混蛋不等于犯诈骗罪 |
[23:59] | If they’re right about who you are, | 如果他们认定了你是恶人 |
[24:00] | what would make them think they’d be wrong about what you do? | 你觉得他们会怎么想你的所作所为 |
[24:03] | Well, why don’t you tell me? | 何必问我 |
[24:04] | You’re the expert on warm and fuzzies. | 你才是这方面的专家 |
[24:07] | You want to know how I know I wasn’t the one to call you back? | 知道为什么我如此确定自己那时没给你回电吗 |
[24:11] | Because I know why I wasn’t the one to call you back. | 因为我知道我绝不会打这通电话的原因 |
[24:13] | Let me guess– you didn’t like me. | 我猜猜 你不喜欢我 |
[24:16] | No, I did. | 不对 |
[24:18] | But in all the time I knew you, | 但我认识你这么久 |
[24:20] | You never once showed me any vulnerability. | 从没见过一次你脆弱的一面 |
[24:23] | I told you how I felt about you. | 我和你说了我对你的感情 |
[24:26] | But you never showed me. | 但你从没表现出来过 |
[24:28] | So I had no way of knowing it’s the truth. | 所以我无法得知这是不是真的 |
[24:32] | And you could be telling the truth now, | 可能你现在就在说实话 |
[24:34] | but if you don’t show the partners some emotion, | 但如果你不流露真情 |
[24:36] | they’re not gonna believe you either. | 合伙人不会相信你的 |
[24:38] | What do you want me to do? Manufacture a few tears? | 你想让我怎样 挤点眼泪出来吗 |
[24:41] | Harvey, when you’re a defendant, | 哈维 身为被告方 |
[24:43] | You need the jury to protect you. | 你要靠陪审团来保护你 |
[24:46] | There’s no way they’re ever gonna protect you | 如果他们都不在乎你 |
[24:47] | if they don’t care about you. | 怎么可能保护你 |
[24:54] | The plaintiff would like to call ms. Donna Paulsen to the stand. | 原告想请唐娜·鲍尔森小姐出庭作证 |
[25:11] | You got her to come in? | 你竟然说服她了 |
[25:13] | Just stick to the script. | 照着稿继续就行 |
[25:15] | Harvey won’t know what hit him. | 给哈维一个意外之”礼” |
[25:18] | Ms. Paulsen, | 鲍尔森小姐 |
[25:22] | Did Harvey Specter order you to shred that document? | 是哈维·斯佩克特命令你销毁文件的吗 |
[25:25] | I decline to answer pursuant to my fifth amendment rights. | 根据美国宪法第五修正案我拒绝回答 |
[25:29] | Did you put your date stamp on that document? | 是你签收那份文件的吗 |
[25:30] | I decline to answer. | 我拒绝回答 |
[25:37] | I’m not gonna ask questions | 既然你坚持第五修正案 |
[25:39] | that you’re just gonna plead the fifth to, so… | 那我就不再问这些蠢问题了 所以… |
[25:50] | Had Harvey Specter asked you | 如果五年前哈维·斯佩克特 |
[25:52] | to bury something five years ago, would you? | 要求你销毁某物 你会这么做吗 |
[25:54] | He wouldn’t ask me to do that. | 他不会提出这种要求 |
[25:56] | That’s not what I asked. | 这是答非所问 |
[25:57] | If he did, would you do it? | 如果他要求了 你会做吗 |
[26:03] | Oh, see, you’re pausing, which means you’re hiding something. | 你沉默了 看来你确实有所隐瞒 |
[26:06] | No, I’m not. | 我没有 |
[26:07] | See, I think you’d do anything for him, and I know why. | 我有理由相信你会为他做任何事情 |
[26:11] | Is there a question? | 你到底要问什么 |
[26:13] | Do you love Harvey Specter? | 你爱哈维·斯佩克特吗 |
[26:17] | What? | 什么 |
[26:17] | Do you love him? | 你爱他吗 |
[26:20] | That has nothing to do with– | 这和此案毫无… |
[26:21] | It has everything to do with. | 这和此案关系千丝万缕 |
[26:23] | Why did your last boyfriend break up with you? | 你和上一任男友的关系是怎么结束的 |
[26:28] | Ms. Paulsen, why did he end it with you? | 鲍尔森女士 他为什么和你分手 |
[26:30] | He thought that I prioritized my work over our relationship. | 他认为我看重工作甚于我们的感情 |
[26:32] | Your work? | 工作 |
[26:33] | He asked you to choose between him and Harvey, | 他让你在哈维和他之间选择 |
[26:36] | didn’t he? | 对吗 |
[26:37] | – Yes. – Who did you choose? | -是 -你选了谁 |
[26:45] | – Harvey. – because you love him? | -哈维 -因为你爱他是吗 |
[26:47] | Louis, stop. | 路易 够了 |
[26:48] | It is not that simple. | 事情很复杂 |
[26:49] | Do you love him, yes or no? | 你爱他吗 爱还是不爱 |
[26:52] | – Answer the question. – Louis. | -回答问题 -路易 |
[26:54] | You’re with him all the time. | 你一直伴他左右 |
[26:55] | Your work revolves around him. | 你的工作以他为中心 |
[26:56] | Your life revolves around him. | 你的生活也以他为中心 |
[26:57] | Objection. Badgering. | 反对 骚扰证人 |
[26:59] | You don’t have a boyfriend, | 你没有男友 |
[27:00] | but the one you did wouldn’t share you with him. | 但你的前任无法忍受和他分享你 |
[27:01] | – Your honor! – please, I just need a– | -法官大人 -抱歉 我需要… |
[27:03] | Do you love Harvey Specter? | 你爱哈维·斯佩克特吗 |
[27:05] | Do you love Harvey Specter? | 你爱哈维·斯佩克特吗 |
[27:06] | That’s enough! | 真是够了 |
[27:54] | You crossed the line. | 你玩过火了 |
[27:55] | Do not do this to me right now. | 现在别和我说这个 |
[27:56] | You humiliated Donna. | 你羞辱了唐娜 |
[27:58] | You kept pushing and pushing her for what, for fun? | 不断向她施压 就为了好玩吗 |
[28:00] | What, you think I enjoyed that? That made me sick. | 你以为我乐在其中吗 我也很难受 |
[28:02] | You could have stopped. | 你可以住手的 |
[28:03] | You think Tanner would have stopped? | 你认为坦纳会手下留情吗 |
[28:05] | Travis Tanner does not give a shit about Donna Paulsen. | 特拉维斯·坦纳才不管唐娜·鲍尔森死活 |
[28:09] | you are not Travis Tanner. | 你不是特拉维斯·坦纳 |
[28:09] | I don’t– | 我不… |
[28:10] | – You did not have to do that. – I did my job. | -你不用做到这地步 -我只是在完成工作 |
[28:14] | You really want to beat me that badly, huh? | 你就那么渴望击败我吗 |
[28:17] | You think this is about beating you? | 你以为这是为了击败你 |
[28:20] | This whole thing is about saving you. | 这所有的一切都是为了拯救你 |
[28:23] | Everyone is trying to help you because you screwed up. | 每个人都在努力帮你解决你的烂摊子 |
[28:29] | This is all your fault. | 这全是你的错 |
[28:32] | And what just happened to that beautiful woman in there, | 而刚才那位美丽女士所遭受的一切 |
[28:34] | that’s on you! | 是你造成的 |
[28:39] | Not me. | 不是我 |
[29:03] | Are you kidding me? | 没搞错吧 |
[29:05] | Go home. Shoo! | 回家去 快闪 |
[29:07] | Go the hell home. | 滚回家去 |
[29:08] | Look, I didn’t know he was gonna do that. | 听着 我不知道他会那么做 |
[29:10] | And if you had known, would you have done one thing differently? | 就算你知道又怎样 会有什么不同吗 |
[29:12] | I am so sorry. | 我很抱歉 |
[29:14] | bullshit. Bullshit. | 扯淡 扯淡 |
[29:16] | Bullshit. Bullshit. | 扯淡 全是扯淡 |
[29:17] | – Okay. Donna, I’m not… – Harvey. | -好了唐娜 我不是… -哈维 |
[29:19] | I know. | 我知道 |
[29:20] | But you know what, sweetheart, maybe you are. | 但你知道吗 亲爱的 也许你就是哈维 |
[29:24] | And I do not mean that as a compliment. | 我可不是把这句用作褒义 |
[29:26] | Look, I did what I did for the same reason you did what you did, | 听着 我做的一切都和你一样是为了 |
[29:28] | to help Harvey, that’s all. | 帮助哈维 仅此而已 |
[29:30] | Well, that worked out the same for you as it did for me, | 看来我俩结局还真相似 |
[29:32] | Because, in case you hadn’t noticed, | 友情提示 以防你没发现 |
[29:34] | in addition to screwing me, you completely shafted Harvey. | 不仅是我 你还彻底玩了哈维一把 |
[29:36] | We had a script. | 我们准备了稿子的 |
[29:37] | Wait, you trusted Louis? | 等等 你相信了路易 |
[29:40] | You trusted Louis? | 你居然相信他 |
[29:41] | Yeah, I thought he would stick to it. Yes. | 是的 我以为他会按计划来的 |
[29:43] | Well, he didn’t. | 而他没有 |
[29:44] | And you should have known that, because that is just who he is. | 你明明知道他是怎样一个人 |
[29:46] | I am sorry. But I’m– | 很抱歉 但我… |
[29:51] | People are who they are. | 人们本性难移 |
[29:52] | Thank you. Okay. | 谢谢 好的 |
[29:54] | I can fix this! | 我有办法了 |
[30:05] | What’s all this? | 这都是些什么 |
[30:07] | It wouldn’t concern you. | 你不用操心的东西 |
[30:11] | Why is that? | 何出此言 |
[30:12] | Because you want to settle even if it means Harvey getting disbarred. | 因为你宁愿接受和解 吊销哈维的律师执照 |
[30:15] | If he loses in court, he’ll get disbarred anyway. | 如果输了官司 他也会被吊销执照的 |
[30:18] | My concern is for the firm. | 我只是优先考虑律所的利益 |
[30:19] | It’s not a personal attack against Harvey. | 不是针对哈维的个人攻击 |
[30:22] | This whole thing is a personal attack against Harvey. | 整件事就是针对哈维的个人攻击 |
[30:24] | And you’re gonna do something about it? | 你有什么计划打算吗 |
[30:29] | Tanner’s cases, transcripts, appeals, decisions. | 坦纳的案子 文录 上诉 裁决 |
[30:33] | I know he did something illegal, because that’s who he is, | 他这样的人肯定做过什么违法的事 |
[30:36] | and I’m gonna find it, because that’s who I am. | 而我这样的人肯定能把内幕挖出来 |
[30:38] | What are you planning on doing with it? | 找到他的把柄之后呢 |
[30:40] | Leveraging that for a settlement? | 用它来换取和解 |
[30:42] | I’m not against settling. | 我不反对和解 |
[30:43] | I’m against Harvey getting disbarred. | 我反对的是吊销哈维的执照 |
[30:46] | You really admire him. | 你还真是敬仰他啊 |
[30:47] | – I do. – Loyalty. | -确实 -忠诚 |
[30:50] | You can’t buy that. | 千金难买 |
[30:52] | No. You can’t. | 的确如此 |
[30:58] | What are you doing? | 你在做什么 |
[31:02] | We worked together all night once. | 我们一起通宵过一次了 |
[31:05] | Let’s do it again. | 再来一次呗 |
[31:09] | I hope this time turns out better than the last time. | 但愿别像上次那样不欢而散 |
[31:14] | Now we have them right where we want them. | 我们总算端正了他们的态度 |
[31:16] | You know, either you’re better than I thought you were, | 除非你比我想象的要出色得多 |
[31:17] | or you have absolutely no idea what you’re doing. | 不然你根本就是在扯淡 |
[31:20] | Trust me, the partners are starting to believe harvey. | 相信我 合伙人开始相信哈维了 |
[31:23] | Why? | 为什么 |
[31:24] | Because he protected Donna. | 因为他维护了唐娜 |
[31:25] | He was also protecting himself. | 他也在维护他自己 |
[31:27] | Yes, but they didn’t see that. | 确实 但他们看不出来 |
[31:28] | They saw a man who cared about someone else, | 他们看到的是一个关心他人的男人 |
[31:33] | his softer side. | 他温情的一面 |
[31:35] | and we need to give them more. | 我们得让他们看到更多 |
[31:37] | He won’t want to. | 他不会愿意的 |
[31:38] | And we both know Harvey won’t do what he doesn’t want to do. | 我们都清楚哈维不会做他不想做的事情 |
[31:41] | Everybody knows that. | 人尽皆知啊 |
[31:43] | So what do we do? | 那要怎么办 |
[31:50] | Permission to treat the witness as hostile. | 申请以敌对证人身份出庭 |
[31:52] | Permission granted. | 批准许可 |
[31:53] | He’s hostile. | 他确实不友善 |
[31:54] | The day we met, you were working in the mail room of this law firm. | 我们初次见面那天 你正在律所收发室工作 |
[31:58] | I don’t recall that day. | 我不记得了 |
[31:59] | Well, let me refresh your memory. | 我来帮你回忆 |
[32:00] | An associate had missed a filing, | 有个助理丢了一份文件 |
[32:02] | So he backdated the postage. | 他伪填了邮寄日期 |
[32:05] | You came to me, | 你来找我 |
[32:06] | and you said if the firm did not declare misconduct, | 说如果律所不通告批评 |
[32:10] | You would report us to the D.A. | 你就去地方检察院举报我们 |
[32:12] | I don’t like fraud. It’s no secret. | 众人皆知我不喜欢弄虚作假 |
[32:14] | But what you did want to keep secret was the fact that you told me. Why? | 但你却不希望别人知道是你告诉我的 为什么 |
[32:17] | I didn’t want to get in trouble. | 我不想惹麻烦 |
[32:18] | No, you did it because if we’d won, | 不 是因为如果我们得逞 |
[32:21] | an old woman would have lost her pension. | 一位老妇人将失去她的养老金 |
[32:24] | and if anyone found out that he was the one that told me, | 而如果别人知道了是你告诉我的 |
[32:28] | then they’d know that you cared. | 你就暴露了自己的善心 |
[32:29] | Whatever you say. | 随你怎么说 |
[32:30] | You pretend like you don’t care, but you do. | 你装出漠不关心的样子 但却不然 |
[32:34] | You care about the people you work with, | 你关心你的同事 |
[32:36] | You care about the people you work for, | 关心你的上司 |
[32:38] | And you care about every one of your clients. | 也关心你的每一位客户 |
[32:41] | But you refuse to let people know. | 但却拒绝让别人知道 |
[32:45] | Is there a question? | 你要问什么 |
[32:47] | I just want to know why. | 我只想知道为什么 |
[32:51] | No answer? | 不回答吗 |
[32:53] | – Are you embarrassed? – Nope. | -你觉得尴尬 -不 |
[32:56] | – Afraid? – no. | -害怕 -不 |
[32:57] | Then why? | 那是为什么 |
[32:59] | – Just let it go. – you are under oath. | -别纠结这个 -你必须回答 |
[33:01] | Then hold me in contempt. | 我不屑宣扬这些 |
[33:03] | For god sakes, what the hell happened to you? | 老天爷 你究竟经历了什么 |
[33:05] | What kind of damage was done to you? | 受过怎样的伤害啊 |
[33:09] | Caring only makes you… | 关心他人只会让你… |
[33:11] | Weak. | 软弱 |
[33:15] | They think you care, | 别人只会觉得你多愁善感 |
[33:16] | they’ll walk all over you. | 利用你践踏你的心 |
[33:20] | You weren’t weak the day you walked into my office. | 你走进我的办公室那天可不软弱 |
[33:24] | You were a man who believed that to win fairly | 你相信赢得公正 |
[33:29] | was more important than to win. | 比赢本身更重要 |
[33:32] | And you still are. | 你现在仍是如此 |
[33:36] | And I’ve never seen anyone walk all over you. | 我从没见过任何能践踏你的人 |
[33:42] | Is there a question here, your honor? | 有要问的问题吗 法官大人 |
[33:48] | No, there isn’t. | 没有 |
[34:04] | – That whole thing your idea? – I didn’t know that story. | -这都是你的主意吗 -我还没听过那个故事呢 |
[34:06] | I asked you a question. Don’t give me that coy bullshit-. | 我在问你问题 别和我扯淡 |
[34:08] | Excuse me? | 什么 |
[34:09] | You said you wanted to see through me, you did. | 你说你想看穿我 你做到了 |
[34:11] | The least you can do is give me an honest answer. | 那你起码跟我实话实说吧 |
[34:14] | Yes, it was my idea. | 对 是我的主意 |
[34:16] | Harvey, your partners loved what they saw in there. | 哈维 合伙人喜欢你的表现 |
[34:19] | You’re gonna win. | 你会赢的 |
[34:21] | Bravo. | 精彩 |
[34:22] | A tour de force. I mean, that story? | 那故事真是精彩绝伦 |
[34:25] | It was so great. | 太棒了 |
[34:27] | But there isn’t one shred of proof it’s true. | 但没有证据能证明那是真的 |
[34:29] | Hostile witness, my ass. | 敌对证人 谁信 |
[34:31] | I mean, before that story, we all believed you did it. | 在此之前 我们都相信你有罪 |
[34:33] | And I ask you, ladies and gentlemen of the jury, | 陪审团的女士们先生们 我有一个问题 |
[34:35] | if he did commit that fraud, how hard is it to believe | 如果他真犯了欺诈罪 在法庭之上 |
[34:37] | that he didn’t concoct some bullshit on the stand to get himself off the hook? | 编造谎言以求脱身 又能有多难 |
[34:41] | That’s my close. | 这是我的结案陈词 |
[34:45] | We have one more witness to call. | 我们得再召一位证人出庭 |
[34:50] | Mr. Litt, do you resent Harvey Specter? | 利特先生 你恨哈维·斯佩克特吗 |
[34:54] | It’s complicated. | 这很复杂 |
[34:55] | No, it’s simple. | 不 非常简单 |
[34:57] | Do you resent him for being better than you? | 你是否怨恨他比你优秀 |
[34:59] | – He’s not better than me. – I understand. | -他并不比我优秀 -我明白 |
[35:01] | It’s so much easier to criticize someone else | 比起承认自己的不足 |
[35:03] | than it is to acknowledge your own shortcomings. | 批评别人要容易的多 |
[35:07] | Shortcomings? | 不足 |
[35:08] | My billables are higher than his. | 我的吸金能力比他强 |
[35:10] | My client list is better than his. | 我的客户来头都比他的大 |
[35:12] | Yes, but I didn’t ask you about those things. | 的确 但我问的不是这些 |
[35:13] | What are you asking, Ms. Pearson? | 那你在问什么 皮尔逊女士 |
[35:15] | Does the witness resent my client? | 证人是否怨恨我的委托人 |
[35:21] | – Yes. – Your own ambition aside, | -是的 -先不说你的雄心大志 |
[35:24] | do you think Harvey Specter deserves to be senior partner? | 你是否认为哈维·斯佩克特有能力担当资深合伙人 |
[35:30] | Yes or no? | 是或不是 |
[35:35] | Yes. | 是 |
[35:37] | Do you think he’s an excellent attorney? | 你认为他是不是一位出色的律师 |
[35:41] | – Yes. – And, as much as you hate him, | -是 -你恨他至此 |
[35:45] | do you think he committed this fraud? | 是否认为他犯此罪责 |
[35:54] | No. | 不 |
[35:58] | Defense rests. | 辩护结束 |
[36:18] | Refusing to admit defeat | 即使已经失败 |
[36:21] | even after defeat. | 仍不愿接受结局 |
[36:22] | You really are like Harvey. | 你真的很像哈维 |
[36:24] | I’m not so sure that’s a good thing. | 我可不确定这是件好事 |
[36:25] | Well, who would you rather be? | 那你想像谁 |
[36:27] | Someone who believes it’s more important to win fairly than to win. | 一个相信赢得公正比赢更重要的人 |
[36:31] | Like I said, Harvey. | 就像我说的 就是哈维 |
[36:33] | Yeah. Not in this case. | 是 但并不是在这个案子里 |
[36:35] | You both cheated. | 你们都作弊了 |
[36:36] | Excuse me? | 你说什么 |
[36:38] | Louis’s testimony pushed it over the top. | 路易的证词的确效果拔群 |
[36:41] | But that jury, they didn’t see | 但陪审团看到的 |
[36:41] | Louis Litt believing Harvey’s innocence– | 并不是路易·利特相信哈维的清白 |
[36:43] | they saw Travis Tanner. | 而是特拉维斯·坦纳 |
[36:45] | And that is never gonna happen in court. | 在真正的法庭上可不会这样 |
[36:50] | You do realize that you are chastising the managing partner. | 你明白你这是在责备执行合伙人吗 |
[36:56] | With all due respect, | 恕我直言 |
[36:57] | it’s not gonna matter what you are | 如果哈维被吊销律师执照 |
[36:59] | if Harvey gets disbarred. | 你是谁对我来说都无关紧要 |
[37:01] | We’ll find a way to win. | 我们会想办法赢的 |
[37:04] | You should be finding a way to settle. | 你应该想办法和解 |
[37:05] | There isn’t an acceptable offer. | 可惜没有能接受的条件 |
[37:09] | Yet. | 暂时 |
[37:12] | Not just a pretty face. | 我可不只是长得帅而已哦 |
[37:30] | I hope you brought a baseball bat. | 希望你带了棒球棍来 |
[37:31] | You want to go another round with me, you’re gonna need it. | 想和我再战一回合 你得靠那玩意儿 |
[37:33] | It doesn’t matter what I have, you’re just gonna sucker punch me again anyway. | 反正你都打算再揍我一拳 |
[37:39] | You baited me. | 是你故意激怒我 |
[37:41] | You wanted to catch me on that tape, and you know it. | 你就是想录下我的把柄 你心知肚明 |
[37:43] | That’s not what I’m talking about, and you know it. | 我不在说那件事 你也心知肚明 |
[37:46] | You want to settle? | 你想和解 |
[37:47] | Let me save you some time. | 我给你省省功夫吧 |
[37:48] | We pass. | 我们不同意 |
[37:49] | You can pass, you can sign it, | 你可以不同意 也可以签字 |
[37:51] | or you could stick it up your ass, | 爆粗口也可以 |
[37:53] | but this is the best you’re getting. | 但这是你能得到的最好结果了 |
[37:55] | – This gets me off the hook. – Nice try. | -这份协议可以让我脱身 -装的不错 |
[37:57] | You think I don’t know this was your doing? | 你也为我不知道这是你的鬼把戏吗 |
[38:00] | Harvey, next time have the balls to do it yourself | 哈维 下次够胆自己来 |
[38:03] | instead of sending your errand boy. | 别派你小弟了 |
[38:05] | Errand boy? | 小弟 |
[38:06] | You got what you wanted, so stop playing dumb. | 你已经达成所愿了 别装傻了 |
[38:08] | Daniel Hardman doesn’t work you. You work him. | 不是丹尼尔·哈德曼管着你 你管着他吧 |
[38:18] | – What the hell did you do? – This is a good deal. | -你究竟做了什么 -这是个很好的协议 |
[38:20] | A good deal that costs every partner at this firm $100,000. | 让每位合伙人损失十万元的好协议 |
[38:23] | Including me. | 有我一份 |
[38:25] | We share the profits; we share the losses. | 同甘苦共患难 |
[38:27] | There won’t be a loss when I win this at trial. | 我赢了这次审判 什么都不会损失 |
[38:30] | The only reason you weren’t willing to settle | 你不愿意和解就是怕哈维被吊销执照 |
[38:32] | was harvey’s disbarment. That’s gone. | 现在这个顾虑也消失了 |
[38:34] | And I want to know how you made it go away. | 我想知道你是怎么办到的 |
[38:36] | – I found dirt on Tanner. – What dirt? | -我找到了坦纳的肮脏勾当 -什么勾当 |
[38:38] | You blackmailed him into a settlement. | 你勒索他到达和解 |
[38:40] | I leveraged a deal that’s good for the firm. | 我只不过争取到了对律所有利的协议 |
[38:43] | I said, “What dirt?” | 我问你”什么勾当” |
[38:45] | Not your concern. | 和你无关 |
[38:46] | It’s my concern. | 和我有关 |
[38:47] | I don’t want what you did biting me in the ass. | 我不想你在我背后捅刀子 |
[38:49] | You were already bitten. | 你已经被捅了 |
[38:52] | And the last time I crossed the line and you found out about it, | 上一次我做了出格的事 你发现了 |
[38:54] | it bit me in the ass. | 在我背后恨恨地捅了一刀 |
[38:56] | You cleared Harvey’s name inside the firm. | 你已经在律所里为哈维正名了 |
[38:58] | We both know that’s what you wanted. | 我们都知道这就是你的目的 |
[39:05] | Time to move on. | 是时候做其他事了 |
[39:10] | Let the partners put this to a vote. | 让合伙人投票吧 |
[39:22] | Hardman got Tanner to settle. | 哈德曼逼坦纳提出和解了 |
[39:25] | Are you kidding? | 真的吗 |
[39:29] | It worked? | 奏效了 |
[39:30] | So it was your idea to use dirt to get a deal. | 这是你的主意吗 用他的把柄达成协议 |
[39:32] | No, it was my idea to use Tanner against Tanner. | 不 我是用坦纳的手段对付他自己 |
[39:36] | Box. | 陈规 |
[39:38] | Me. | 我 |
[39:40] | – You’re welcome. – I didn’t thank you. | -不用谢 -我没谢你 |
[39:42] | It’s okay. You don’t have to. | 没关系 一切尽在不言中 |
[39:44] | And I’m not going to, | 我不准备谢你 |
[39:44] | ’cause we’re not taking the deal. | 因为我们不会接受这个协议 |
[39:52] | Because you don’t trust Daniel. | 因为你不相信丹尼尔 |
[39:54] | This isn’t just about me. | 这不是我一个人的事 |
[39:55] | – Every partner is– – Everybody is paying now. | -所有合伙人 -所有人都要为此买单 |
[40:01] | Do you have any idea why Donna showed up to testify? | 你知道唐娜为什么会出庭作证吗 |
[40:05] | – Because I convinced her to. – What? | -因为我说服了她 -什么 |
[40:07] | Yeah, I made her do what I needed instead of what she wanted. | 我逼她做了我需要的事 违背她的意愿 |
[40:10] | I did what you do. | 我做了你该做的 |
[40:12] | And look where that’s gotten us, you, me, | 但你看看我们都什么样了 你 我 |
[40:13] | Jessica, Louis, everybody. | 杰西卡 路易 每个人 |
[40:16] | Take the deal, Harvey. | 接受协议吧 哈维 |
[40:18] | What did Hardman find in those files? | 哈德曼究竟发现了什么 |
[40:20] | I don’t know, and I don’t care, | 我不知道 我也不在乎 |
[40:21] | because he just got every single one of us off the hook. | 因为他让我们每个人都脱身了 |
[40:23] | He can’t be trusted, and you should know that by now. | 你该知道他不能被相信 |
[40:26] | No, what I know is that if you take this thing to trial, | 不 我知道的是 如果你坚持上庭 |
[40:29] | it’s gonna cost us all a hell of a lot more than money. | 我们要付出的代价远不止金钱这么简单 |
[40:35] | And if you don’t know that by now, after all this, | 如果你到现在还不明白 自此以后 |
[40:39] | then I don’t think I should be the one learning from you. | 我觉得你不再值得我向你学习了 |
[40:48] | This is your decision. | 做出决定的时候到了 |
[40:50] | So, by a show of hands, those in favor of settling? | 同意和解的请举手 |
[41:02] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[41:05] | Now all those in favor of going to trial. | 同意上庭的请举手 |
[41:16] | Split vote. | 平了 |
[41:19] | And it appears we have a holdout. | 还有一位没有投票 |
[41:27] | I vote we settle. | 我支持和解 |
[41:37] | Let the record show we have settled. | 根据投票结果 选择和解 |
[41:43] | Thank you for your time. | 感谢拨冗前来 |
[41:46] | In light of recent events, | 鉴于最近发生的事情 |
[41:47] | there is one other issue I’d like to raise. | 我不得不提出另一件事 |
[41:51] | This lawsuit has caused some of you to question | 这次诉讼案件让一些合伙人 |
[41:54] | Jessica’s judgment and, by extension, her leadership. | 质疑杰西卡的判断 或是说她的领导能力 |
[41:58] | Allowing this kind of dissention to fester hurts the entire firm. | 这种异议再散播下去会伤害整个律所 |
[42:03] | Therefore, I am calling a partners’ meeting, | 因此 我想召开合伙人会议 |
[42:06] | at which point we will vote: | 会议上我们将投票决定 |
[42:09] | Either Jessica will retain her position as managing partner, | 由杰西卡继续做执行合伙人 |
[42:13] | or I will resume control of Pearson Hardman. | 还是由我重新掌控皮尔逊·哈德曼律所 |