时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:01] | 113 female employees | 113个女性员工 |
[00:03] | across all 22 divisions. | 来自所有22个不同部门 |
[00:05] | You know what they have in common? | 知道她们的共同点吗 |
[00:06] | All denied promotions due to the fact that they’re women. | 都因是女性而被拒绝升职 |
[00:09] | How often does Louis ask you out? | 路易多久约你出去一次 |
[00:12] | – Every single day. – There are laws | -每天 -有法律保护你 |
[00:14] | to protect you from sexual harassment, you know. | 不受性骚扰的 |
[00:16] | – What are you doing here? – Delivering champagne. | -你来这干嘛 -给你送香槟 |
[00:17] | I see you can afford it, | 你肯定喝得起 |
[00:19] | since the money you’ve been stealing from our clients | 毕竟你从客户那儿捞的钞票 |
[00:21] | hasn’t been going to your wife’s cancer treatments. | 又没拿去给你老婆治病 |
[00:23] | Hey, Monica, how’s it going? | 莫妮卡 你好吗 |
[00:24] | What the hell are you doing? | 你干的好事 |
[00:26] | Trying to get Monica Eton to file a sexual harassment suit | 要让莫妮卡·伊顿起诉丹尼尔·哈德曼 |
[00:29] | against Daniel Hardman? | 性骚扰 |
[00:30] | I know you think you’re trying to help me, but drop it. | 你以为是在帮我 就此打住 |
[00:32] | – Did mike pull it off? – Yep. | -迈克做到了吗 -很到位 |
[00:34] | – He suspect you were in on it? – Nope. | -他怀疑你知情吗 -没有 |
[00:36] | Sign this confidentiality agreement. | 签了这份保密协议 |
[00:38] | I’ll waive my claim. | 我不会跟公司要一分钱 |
[00:40] | One-time offer, take it or leave it. | 机不可失 签不签随你 |
[00:41] | I decided to farm out the case. | 我把案子移交他人了 |
[00:43] | Let me guess. Daniel Hardman. | 我猜是 丹尼尔·哈德曼 |
[00:49] | Please state your name for the record. | 请说出您的姓名 |
[00:52] | Sloane Moseley. | 斯洛恩· 莫斯利 |
[00:53] | And what is your position at Folsom Foods? | 您在福尔松食品公司所任何职 |
[00:55] | This was all established during my client’s first | 这在我方当事人前两次取证中 |
[00:58] | – and second deposition. – I’m sorry. | -都陈述过了 -抱歉 |
[01:00] | I’m just getting up to speed. | 我只是想了解清楚 |
[01:01] | I like to establish my own facts. | 完成我自己的取证材料 |
[01:03] | – Or manufacture them. – Excuse me? | -或者伪造材料 -你说什么 |
[01:05] | Let’s show opposing counsel some respect. | 给对方律师一些尊重吧 |
[01:08] | – Douchebag. – Douchebag. | -人渣 -人渣 |
[01:10] | Regional vice president of marketing and research. | 负责市场研究的区域副总裁 |
[01:12] | And how many female executives work alongside you? | 有多少女性高管和您共职 |
[01:14] | – Three. – Making a total | -三个 -九个高管中 |
[01:16] | – of four in a department of nine. – Is there a question? | -一共有四名女性 -有问题可问吗 |
[01:18] | Yes. | 有 |
[01:19] | What is the ratio of men to women senior partners | 男女资深合伙人的比例 |
[01:22] | at Pearson Hardman? | 在皮尔逊·哈德曼是多少 |
[01:23] | Wha–she has no knowledge of that. | 什么 她可不知道这些 |
[01:26] | Then I direct the question to you. | 那我就问你 |
[01:27] | And I have the answer, | 我知道答案 |
[01:28] | But it’s not relevant to this case. | 但和这个案子无关 |
[01:30] | What do you mean? Jessica Pearson’s hiring | 什么意思 杰西卡·皮尔逊的 |
[01:32] | and firing practices are directly relevant to the case. | 雇佣行为和本案直接相关 |
[01:34] | If the next question isn’t regarding Folsom Foods, | 如果下一个问题仍和福尔松食品公司无关 |
[01:36] | this deposition’s over. | 这次取证就结束了 |
[01:39] | Folsom Foods? | 福尔松食品公司 |
[01:43] | So sorry. As you know, I just took over | 抱歉 你们也知道 我刚刚接手了 |
[01:46] | 45 different cases. I get confused. | 45个不同的案子 我搞糊涂了 |
[01:49] | I thought we were deposing Pearson Hardman today. | 以为今天是针对皮尔逊·哈德曼取证 |
[01:50] | What the hell are you talking about? | 你在说什么呢 |
[01:53] | Oh, my God. Did– | 上帝啊 难道 |
[01:55] | did I forget to give you the subpoena? | 难道我忘了给你们法庭传票吗 |
[01:58] | Pearson Hardman is being sued for wrongful termination | 皮尔逊·哈德曼律所被诉不公正解雇 |
[02:00] | in the amount of $10 million. You have been served. | 赔偿金一千万 正式告知你们 |
[02:03] | Wrongful termination? You’re lucky you’re not in jail. | 不公正解雇 你不进监狱已经是万幸了 |
[02:05] | It’s not on his behalf. It’s on Monica Eton’s. | 当事人不是他 是莫妮卡·伊顿 |
[02:09] | I actually got the idea from you. | 实际上是你给的我灵感 |
[02:10] | Excuse me? | 你说什么 |
[02:12] | What this firm did to that woman was unconscionable. | 这家公司对那位女士的所作所为是不公的 |
[02:15] | You piece of shit. | 你这个人渣 |
[02:17] | Monica Eton deserved to get fired. | 莫妮卡·伊顿活该被开除 |
[02:19] | The eight women I’m gonna stack | 我要向陪审团传证的 |
[02:21] | the jury with might disagree with that. | 八位女性可不同意你这么说 |
[02:23] | Not once they learn she was sleeping with you | 当他们知道你挪用公司资金 |
[02:25] | While you were embezzling from this firm. | 而同时她还在和你睡觉后 就会同意了 |
[02:26] | And how, exactly, are they going to learn that? | 确切的说 他们怎么会知道呢 |
[02:28] | One of the three people in this room is gonna tell them. | 屋里的三人之一会告诉他们 |
[02:31] | I’m guessing it won’t be you. | 我猜不会是你 |
[02:32] | I’m afraid it won’t be one of you either. | 我猜也不会是你们俩 |
[02:34] | You gonna kill us? | 你要杀了我们吗 |
[02:35] | Oh, I won’t need to. | 用不着 |
[02:37] | You’re bound by the confidentiality agreement | 我离开这里那晚 |
[02:39] | Jessica signed the night I left. | 杰西卡签署的保密协议会约束你 |
[02:44] | “All knowledge of any activity of Daniel Hardman–“ | 丹尼尔·哈德曼的所有行为 |
[02:46] | I know what it goddamn says. | 我知道上面写了什么 |
[02:48] | You signed it so quickly, I wasn’t sure. | 你那么快就签字了 我都不确定 |
[02:49] | Fine. | 好吧 |
[02:51] | I know a shakedown when I see one. | 我知道这是敲诈 |
[02:53] | – What do you want? – It’s not what I want. | -你想要什么 -不是我想要什么 |
[02:54] | It’s what Monica wants. | 而是莫妮卡想要什么 |
[02:56] | And what is that? | 到底要什么 |
[02:57] | Payback. You see, when Mike Ross | 补偿 当迈克·罗斯 |
[02:59] | brought that trumped-up suit to her, | 把那份捏造的诉状给她时 |
[03:01] | she was very upset. | 她非常伤心 |
[03:03] | It brought back the memory of what you did to her. | 她回想起你对她的作为 |
[03:05] | I didn’t do shit to her. | 我什么都没对她做 |
[03:06] | That wasn’t how she saw it. | 她可不这么认为 |
[03:07] | Yet you didn’t lift a finger to help her. | 但你一点都没有帮助她 |
[03:09] | I wanted to at the time. | 我当时想帮 |
[03:11] | But I couldn’t very well attack my own firm, now could I? | 但我不能伤害自己的公司 现在可以了 |
[03:13] | – Never stopped you before. – Touche. | -以前不是没伤过 -说得好 |
[03:15] | But you can’t mention that either. | 但现在你也不能说出来 |
[03:17] | We’re done. | 这里完事了 |
[03:18] | Harvey, will you escort this piece of filth out of the building, | 哈维 请你把这个人渣送出去 |
[03:21] | make sure he doesn’t commit any crimes on the way out? | 确保他在出去的路上不犯事 |
[03:34] | Oh, by the way, Mike Ross, | 顺便告诉你 迈克·罗斯 |
[03:35] | virtuoso job drafting that complaint. | 他写的那个控诉草案真是艺术品 |
[03:38] | All I had to do was search | 我所做的一切 |
[03:39] | and replace “Daniel Hardman” with “Anonymous.” | 只是把”丹尼尔·哈德曼”替换成”某人” |
[03:42] | Almost as virtuoso as the job he did | 他的另一件大师级作品就是 |
[03:44] | convincing you lawrence kemp signed that affidavit. | 让你相信劳伦斯·坎普签署了书面陈述 |
[03:49] | Must stick in your craw… | 你快忍不了了吧 |
[03:51] | having to walk by my name day after day. | 每天都走过写着我名字的墙 |
[03:53] | Oh, we’ll get to it. | 我们会习惯的 |
[03:54] | First we had to turn your old office | 首先我们把你的办公室 |
[03:56] | into the new conference room. | 变成了新的会议室 |
[03:57] | When Jessica and I engineered our coup, | 杰西卡和我在公司政变的时候 |
[03:59] | She had that sign down within minutes. | 几分钟之内她就把那几个名字摘下了 |
[04:01] | Schmidt, Gordon, Van Dyke. | 施密特 高登 范·戴克 |
[04:03] | Jessica wanted it down the second you were gone. | 你走时杰西卡就想把你名字弄下来 |
[04:05] | I told her it was too soon. | 我跟她说太早 |
[04:07] | No. | 不对 |
[04:09] | You asked her to be name partner, and she said “No.” | 你对她说你想当冠名合伙人 她说不行 |
[04:12] | And do you know why? | 知道为什么吗 |
[04:14] | Because deep in her heart, she doesn’t trust you. | 因为在内心深处 她不信任你 |
[04:18] | She trusted me to kick your ass. | 她信任我 让我把你打得满地找牙 |
[04:20] | Twice. | 两次 |
[04:22] | Maybe. | 或许吧 |
[04:27] | But I saw that look back there. | 但我看到那时的表情了 |
[04:29] | She didn’t tell you about the confidentiality agreement, | 她没告诉你保密协议的事情 |
[04:32] | Did she? | 不是吗 |
[05:11] | What the hell were you thinking? | 你脑子里当时想什么呢 |
[05:13] | I don’t want to discuss this, Harvey. | 我不想说这件事了 哈维 |
[05:15] | He gave up his partnership, his money, | 他放弃合伙人资格 放弃股份 |
[05:17] | and his voting rights. It was a good deal. | 还有投票权 这个买卖很合适 |
[05:19] | I did it, and it’s done. | 我做了交易 已成定局 |
[05:20] | And now it’s come back to bite us in the ass. | 现在他回来 反咬我们一口 |
[05:22] | We have to settle. | 咱们得和解 |
[05:23] | I am not settling. | 我不会和解 |
[05:25] | Our backs are against the wall, | 咱们已经无路可走 |
[05:27] | and we’re gonna drain our resources on a case | 还要把资源耗尽在一宗必败的案子上吗 |
[05:29] | that we can’t win just because you boxed us in? | 而必败的原因是你切断了我们的路 |
[05:31] | It was a take-it-or-leave-it offer. | 那是个接受或放弃的出价 |
[05:33] | I had one minute. | 我只有一分钟时间 |
[05:35] | I wanted to be done with the man, so I took it. | 我想和那个人尽快了断 于是我就签了字 |
[05:37] | You told me never to make rash decisions | 你告诉我 别匆忙做决定 |
[05:39] | And then you do this. | 而你却做了这样的事 |
[05:40] | I told you, I didn’t have a choice. | 我说了 我当时别无选择 |
[05:43] | Did you have a choice when you decided to keep it from me? | 你决定不告诉我时 也不能选择吗 |
[05:45] | I didn’t think it would ever come up again. | 我以为这件事不会再露出水面了 |
[05:47] | That is not a good enough reason. | 这个理由不充分 |
[05:53] | What did he tell you? | 他对你说什么了 |
[05:58] | He told me you’d never put my name on the door. | 他对我说 你永远不会让我的名字上墙 |
[06:01] | He told me you’d come after me someday, | 他对我说 有一天你会盯上我 |
[06:04] | maybe even threaten my family the same way you threatened his. | 或许威胁到我的家庭 就像你对他那样 |
[06:07] | A little something you never bothered to consult me on. | 一件你从未咨询过我的小事 |
[06:09] | I didn’t have to. | 我不需要咨询你 |
[06:11] | You’d have told me to do whatever it took. | 你告诉过我不惜一切代价 |
[06:12] | – That’s not the point. – Well, what’s the point? | -那不是重点 -什么是重点 |
[06:14] | You kept it from me. | 你隐瞒了我 |
[06:16] | I let it go | 我没在意 |
[06:18] | because I knew he was just trying to get into my head, | 因为我知道他只是想对我洗脑 |
[06:20] | the same way he’s trying to get into your head now. | 就如同他现在又想洗你的脑 |
[06:24] | What’s gonna happen when he deposes you, | 那他要对你取证 |
[06:25] | and you can’t tell the full story? | 而你又不能说出全部 怎么办 |
[06:27] | I don’t know, Harvey. | 哈维 我不知道 |
[06:28] | But I trusted you to beat him before, | 但我之前相信你能打败他 |
[06:30] | and I’m trusting you to beat him again now. | 现在我同样相信 你能再次打败他 |
[06:37] | Hey, uh, do you have a minute? | 你有时间吗 |
[06:39] | That’s about all I have. I’m under pressure. | 也只有一分钟了 我压力很大 |
[06:40] | – I’ve got to get this done. – Yeah, I know. | -我得赶快做完这个 -我知道 |
[06:42] | We’re all swamped with this Folsom Foods thing, but, uh, | 我们都被卷入了福尔松食品公司的案子 |
[06:45] | I need your help with a case that’s a little more…personal. | 但我有个案子需要你帮忙 私下的 |
[06:49] | I am swamped with Folsom Foods, | 我的确卷入了福尔松食品公司的案子 |
[06:51] | but I came in early to carve out | 但我早来了一个小时 |
[06:52] | an hour to work on something personal of my own. | 为的是做一些我个人的事情 |
[06:54] | Hmm, what is it? | 什么事 |
[06:59] | Harvard application. | 哈佛入学申请 |
[07:01] | Rachel, that’s great. | 瑞秋 好极了 |
[07:03] | It’s great if I get in, | 能被录取才是好极了 |
[07:04] | and I’m not gonna get in if I don’t get this done, | 而如果我不做完这个 就不会被录取 |
[07:05] | and I’m not gonna get it done if people keep bothering me. | 而如果大家一直烦我 我就做不完这个 |
[07:07] | Do people keep bothering you? | 有人一直在烦你吗 |
[07:09] | No. | 没有 |
[07:10] | Okay. So this is going well then. | 好吧 那一切都很顺利啊 |
[07:13] | Less than 1 out of every 12 people who applies gets in. | 录取比例低于十二分之一 |
[07:16] | What if I’m not one of those people? | 如果我不是那一个呢 |
[07:18] | I don’t know, maybe you’ll get in somewhere else. | 不知道 或许你可以去别的学校 |
[07:23] | You’re kidding me. | 你开玩笑吧 |
[07:25] | I don’t want to have a fallback. | 我不想安排一个撤退路线 |
[07:27] | You mean a backup? A logical plan “B”? | 你是说备选方案吗 一个合理的备选方案 |
[07:30] | Mike, I’ve been half-in, half-out | 迈克 在考法学院这件事上 |
[07:32] | of committing to this for years. I’m done with that. | 我踌躇不决很多年了 我受够了 |
[07:35] | Going to law school is committing. | 读法学院是大事 |
[07:36] | I don’t want to go to law school. | 我不是只想读法学院 |
[07:38] | I want to go to Harvard. | 我想读哈佛 |
[07:39] | Just because your father went there doesn’t mean | 只是因为你父亲读了哈佛 不意味着 |
[07:41] | you need to go there too. | 你也要读哈佛 |
[07:42] | That’s not why. | 不是那个原因 |
[07:46] | You want to work at pearson hardman. | 你想来皮尔逊·哈德曼工作 |
[07:48] | And if I don’t go there, then I can’t work here. | 如果我不读哈佛 我就不能来这里工作 |
[07:51] | You need any help? | 需要帮忙否 |
[07:53] | No, it’s okay. I’m gonna do this on my own. | 不用 没事 我自己来 |
[07:58] | – Okay. – I’m so sorr… | -好的 -我很抱歉 |
[08:01] | What did you need help with? | 你要我帮你干嘛来着 |
[08:02] | It’s okay. I’m gonna do it on my own. | 没事了 我自己来 |
[08:06] | Donna, I need your help. | 唐娜 我需要你帮忙 |
[08:08] | With what? | 帮什么忙 |
[08:11] | – Hardman. – I want you to convince Harvey | -哈德曼 -说服哈维 |
[08:12] | to let me on the Monica Eton case. | 让我做莫妮卡·伊顿的案子 |
[08:14] | I’m sorry, Louis. I can’t do that. | 抱歉 路易 我无能为力 |
[08:15] | Donna, come on. | 唐娜 别这样 |
[08:17] | – He made me look like a fool. – He did the same thing to me! | -他搞得我像个傻子 -他也这样对我 |
[08:19] | Well, I need revenge. | 我要报复 |
[08:20] | So do I. | 我也是 |
[08:22] | See, then why won’t you ask Harvey for me? | 瞧吧 那你为什么不帮我向哈维说情 |
[08:23] | Because Harvey needs to handle this himself. | 因为哈维要自己处理 |
[08:28] | So this has nothing to do with any residual issues you’ve had | 就是说你的拒绝 |
[08:31] | with me and my past behavior? | 跟我曾经的所作所为无关了 |
[08:32] | No. | 对 |
[08:35] | Because I never told him. | 因为我从没跟他说过 |
[08:38] | I never told Harvey how sorry I was | 我从未对哈维说过 |
[08:40] | for trusting someone that betrayed us all. | 错信叛徒的我对有多抱歉 |
[08:42] | – Louis, he knows. – I mean, that bastard | -路易 他知道 -要不是我的错 |
[08:44] | wouldn’t even be here right now if it wasn’t for me. | 那混蛋根本不会还待在这里 |
[08:46] | He’d just be some partner skulking around, | 最多是个鬼鬼祟祟的合伙人 |
[08:48] | never having won if I hadn’t voted for him. | 要是我没给他投票 他才不会赢 |
[08:49] | Look, it’s gonna be okay. | 听着 会没事的 |
[08:51] | Success is the best revenge. | 成功就是最好的报复 |
[08:53] | Bullshit. | 屁话 |
[08:56] | Revenge is the best revenge. | 报复才是最好的报复 |
[09:03] | Harvey, where are you going? It’s only 10:30. | 哈维 你去哪里 现在才十点半 |
[09:05] | – You gonna dock my pay? – I’m serious. | -你要扣我工资吗 -我是认真的 |
[09:07] | I’ve got some really good stuff here. | 我拿到了些好东西 |
[09:08] | First of all, Hardman’s non-compete is still in effect. | 首先 哈德曼的非竞争条款仍然有效 |
[09:11] | – He can’t even be practicing law. – In New York. | -他现在还不能当律师 -只是在纽约 |
[09:13] | Where the hell do you think we are? | 那你以为咱们是在哪里 |
[09:15] | He’s working out of Jersey. He’s got an office of one. | 他在新泽西工作 有独立的工作室 |
[09:18] | Bank account, car service, cell phone. | 银行账户 汽车服务 手机 |
[09:20] | I mean, all of them are based in New York. | 这些都是在纽约开的户 |
[09:21] | We can fight it. | 咱们可以打这个点 |
[09:22] | – That’s exactly what he wants. – What? | -那正中他下怀 -什么 |
[09:25] | Articles of incorporation, office, landline, | 他的公司章程 办公室 电话 |
[09:28] | company car, all in Jersey. | 公司汽车 都在新泽西 |
[09:30] | He’s constructed it, so we’d be tempted to fight him, | 他下好了套 想诱使我们起诉他 |
[09:32] | waste our time and resources, then lose. | 浪费我们的时间和资源 最后败诉 |
[09:34] | Okay, fine. Then what we need to do next | 好吧 那我们接下来 |
[09:35] | is dig into Monica Eton. I think– | 该好好调查莫妮卡·伊顿 我觉得 |
[09:36] | Hold on. | 等等 |
[09:37] | You’re on folsom foods, | 你跟的是福尔松食品公司的案子 |
[09:38] | not Monica Eton. | 而不是莫妮卡·伊顿 |
[09:39] | Harvey, they’re using the exact lawsuit I wrote, | 哈维 他们用的正是我写的诉讼 |
[09:41] | word for word. I know how to fight it. | 一字不差 我知道官司该怎么打 |
[09:43] | Did he tell you that? | 他告诉你的吗 |
[09:45] | No, he didn’t need to. I read it. | 不是 没必要 我读过了 |
[09:47] | I mean, he didn’t just get the idea from me. | 他不仅用了我的点子 |
[09:48] | He got the whole execution from me. | 整个执行令状也是我的 |
[09:50] | He’s doing that because he’s trying to get in your head. | 他这么做是想阻挠你 |
[09:53] | This isn’t your fault. We did this together. | 这不是你的错 是我们共同造成的 |
[09:55] | Then let me help you fix it. | 那就让我帮你纠正它 |
[09:57] | I’m sorry. Those papers can’t help me, | 抱歉 那些文件帮不了我 |
[09:59] | and neither can you. | 你也帮不了 |
[10:00] | Har– | 哈 |
[10:09] | Rachel. | 我叫瑞秋 |
[10:10] | Yes, yes. I know who you are. | 对 对 我知道你是谁 |
[10:11] | I just wasn’t expecting you. | 只是没想到你在这 |
[10:13] | Um, I don’t live here. | 我并不住这里 |
[10:18] | – You must be here to see my dad. – Yes, I am. | -你一定是来见我爸的 -是的 |
[10:19] | Please, come in. | 请进 |
[10:21] | He’s just in the back. He TiVo’d the game. | 他在里面 在看录下来的比赛 |
[10:22] | – Jets? – Giants. | -喷气机队吗 -巨人队 |
[10:26] | Man after my own heart. | 知我心者 |
[10:29] | Why is it the defensive line is always packed with a bunch | 为什么防线上总挤满 |
[10:31] | of big, strong, black guys and the offensive line | 大个壮实黑人 进攻线上 |
[10:34] | packed with big, fat, white guys? | 全堆着大个白人胖子 |
[10:36] | Well, I don’t know. But looking at you, | 不知道 但瞧瞧你 |
[10:38] | you’ve got a foot in both camps. | 倒是两边都适合 |
[10:41] | I guess you’re not here to ask a favor. | 我猜你不是来求助的吧 |
[10:43] | No. I’m here to do you a favor. | 不是 我是来帮你的 |
[10:46] | Get rid of him while you still can. | 趁时机未晚 赶紧摆脱他 |
[10:47] | Jessica– | 杰西卡 |
[10:49] | You do not know who you are in bed with, Robert. | 你不了解你同伴的底细 罗伯特 |
[10:50] | I went to law school with the man. | 我们在法学院是同窗 |
[10:52] | Well, he might have been a prince back then, | 也许那时他像个王子 |
[10:54] | but he sure as hell isn’t one now. | 但现在完全不是 |
[10:55] | Then enlighten me. | 那来启发启发我 |
[10:57] | Because from what I know, | 据我所知 |
[10:58] | he left the firm to take care of his wife, | 他离开公司是为了照顾他妻子 |
[11:00] | and when he came back, you forced him out. | 而他回来后 你却逼他退出 |
[11:02] | That’s nowhere near the full story. | 这故事离真相远着呢 |
[11:05] | What else is there? I’m listening. | 事实如何 我洗耳恭听 |
[11:10] | You signed a confidentiality agreement. | 你签署了保密协议 |
[11:11] | I am precluded from speaking on that topic. | 我不能说 |
[11:15] | Then I’m afraid you’re precluded | 恐怕你也不能说服我 |
[11:16] | from convincing me to take him off this case. | 不让他负责这个案子 |
[11:18] | – Robert– – What’s it gonna cost you | -罗伯特 -违背保密协议 |
[11:19] | to violate the agreement? | 你会被罚多少钱 |
[11:21] | Give me a number. Hmm? | 跟我说说 |
[11:24] | I’ll assume it’s in the millions. | 我估计得上百万吧 |
[11:26] | 15. | 一千五百万 |
[11:30] | You said I didn’t know the kind of man I was in bed with? | 你还说我不了解我的合作伙伴 |
[11:33] | From the looks of it, I’m in bed with the kind of man | 现在看起来 我的合作伙伴 |
[11:36] | who’s got you by the balls. | 已经扼住了你的喉咙 |
[11:41] | Don’t say I didn’t warn you. | 别说我没警告过你 |
[11:42] | Enjoy your game. | 好好看比赛吧 |
[11:44] | Oh, by the way… | 顺便说一句 |
[11:46] | Giants lost by one. | 巨人队差一分落败 |
[11:51] | All right, Harvey. | 好了 哈维 |
[11:52] | It’s the middle of the night, you wanted in. | 你大半夜跑来我家 |
[11:54] | What can I do for you? | 要我帮你做什么 |
[11:56] | I need to talk hypothetically. | 我想谈些假设 |
[11:59] | Is this hypothetically about a suit being brought | 这假设跟一位前任冠名合伙人 |
[12:01] | by an ex-name partner against his old firm? | 对抗他老东家的案子有关吗 |
[12:03] | You know I can’t talk about a case that’s on my own docket. | 我不能谈我诉讼表上的案子 |
[12:06] | Would you prefer I tell the IRS | 那我向国税局报告 |
[12:07] | about a hypothetical conversation I had | 九年前我与一位前途远大的法官 |
[12:09] | with an up-and-coming judge nine years ago? | 谈到的一些假设怎么样 |
[12:11] | Give it to me. | 说吧 |
[12:15] | The name partner in question was the one she had | 这位冠名合伙人挪用公款时 |
[12:17] | an affair with while he was embezzling money from the firm. | 曾与她有过一段婚外情 |
[12:20] | So bring it up. Make your case. | 那就起诉 立案啊 |
[12:21] | We can’t. | 不行 |
[12:23] | He got you to sign a confidentiality agreement. | 他让你们签署了保密协议 |
[12:25] | Yes. | 是的 |
[12:26] | But the spirit of the agreement was to shield him. | 但协议的目的在于隔离他 |
[12:29] | If we had a sealed hearing, | 如果开一个封闭听证会 |
[12:30] | how would you rule on tossing the confidentiality? | 对于公开秘密你会怎么裁决 |
[12:33] | – I’m afraid you’d lose. – Why? | -恐怕你们还是得输 -为什么 |
[12:35] | If he were the plaintiff, it’d be one thing, | 如果他是原告 那是一回事 |
[12:37] | but he’s the attorney. | 但他是代理律师 |
[12:38] | I can’t punish the woman for her choice of attorney. | 我不能因为她所选择的律师而惩罚她 |
[12:40] | What if he doesn’t make that argument? | 如果他没有拿这个当论据呢 |
[12:43] | He will. | 他会的 |
[12:44] | He came to see you too. | 他也来找你了 |
[12:47] | Two weeks ago. | 两周前 |
[12:50] | Sorry, Harvey. | 抱歉 哈维 |
[13:04] | Excuse me. | 打扰一下 |
[13:05] | I’m here for my– | 我是来 |
[13:06] | Oh, I know what you’re here for. | 我知道你来做什么 |
[13:09] | Jessica’s deposition. 3:00 on the nose. | 杰西卡的取证 三点很准时嘛 |
[13:11] | I’m nothing if not prompt. | 我是准时的代言人 |
[13:13] | You’re nothing if not an asshole. | 你是混蛋的代言人 |
[13:16] | Is that why you’re sitting out here? | 你今天就是为此坐在这的吗 |
[13:17] | To call me that? | 为了骂我吗 |
[13:18] | No. I just wanted to personally | 不是 我只是想 |
[13:20] | escort you to the conference room. | 亲自陪你去会议室 |
[13:21] | Mm. Lucky me. | 我真幸运 |
[13:24] | We’ll see about that. | 这得走着瞧 |
[13:32] | My old office. | 这是我原来的办公室 |
[13:34] | – Harvey wasn’t kidding. – My idea. | -哈维没说笑啊 -我出的主意 |
[13:36] | It took a while to feng shui the evil out. | 做了好多风水才把邪气驱走 |
[13:39] | Look, donna, I understand– | 听着 唐娜 我理解 |
[13:42] | You piece of shit. | 你个卑鄙小人 |
[13:45] | Is that all you’ve got? | 就这点能耐吗 |
[13:46] | Oh, I will go right now. | 我现在就走 |
[13:49] | Are you gonna sue me? | 你要起诉我吗 |
[13:51] | Because I don’t think anybody here is gonna testify. | 这里可没人能作证 |
[13:54] | I never meant to hurt you. | 我从没想要伤害你 |
[13:55] | You mean when you planted that memo and got me fired? | 放那份备忘 害我被炒时也没吗 |
[13:57] | I did no such thing. | 不是我做的 |
[14:00] | And any implication otherwise | 而且任何涉及这个公司内部的案子 |
[14:02] | from within this firm is actionable. | 都可以被起诉 |
[14:03] | Yeah, right. But you never meant to hurt me. | 是啊没错 你从没想伤害我 |
[14:06] | I’d imagine whoever planted that memo | 我想无论是谁放的那份备忘 |
[14:09] | thought that you would bring it forward. | 都以为你会拿出来当证据 |
[14:10] | And if you had, the only thing that would have happened | 而且要是你这样做了的话 |
[14:12] | to you is you would have been scolded. | 结果最多是被批评两句 |
[14:14] | And Harvey’s career would have been over. | 而哈维的律师生涯就玩完了 |
[14:17] | So it really is like that between the two of you. | 看来你俩真有一腿啊 |
[14:27] | You can go now. | 你现在可以走了 |
[14:30] | Jessica’s deposition is in the other conference room. | 杰西卡的取证在另一间会议室 |
[14:41] | Please state your full name for the record. | 为了这次记录请陈述全名 |
[14:43] | Jessica Lourdes Pearson. | 杰西卡·卢尔德·皮尔逊 |
[14:46] | Monica Eton’s reviews from ’03 to ’07, | 莫妮卡·伊顿从03年到07年的审核 |
[14:48] | all excellent, agreed? | 全是优秀 是吗 |
[14:51] | Yes. | 是的 |
[14:52] | Then why was she let go? | 那为什么要解雇她 |
[14:54] | That was determined by a variety of factors. | 原因有多个 |
[14:57] | Was one of the factors that she was having | 其中之一是不是她曾与一位合伙人 |
[14:58] | an affair with a partner? | 有过婚外情 |
[15:00] | I’m so glad you brought that up, | 我真高兴你把这点提出来 |
[15:01] | you little son of a bitch, because– | 你个狗娘养的 因为 |
[15:02] | Off the record. | 暂停记录 |
[15:04] | Hmm, so soon. | 这么快 |
[15:06] | I told you this would happen. | 我跟你说过可能会这样 |
[15:08] | He’s baiting you into breaching confidentiality. | 他想引诱你违反保密协议 |
[15:11] | And I’m ready to bite down and drag him in with me. | 我准备好咬住他 同归于尽了 |
[15:13] | Don’t. We can’t afford it. | 别这样 我们玩不起 |
[15:19] | No. | 不 |
[15:20] | The affair itself was not a factor. | 外遇本身不是原因 |
[15:22] | With whom was she having this affair? | 她和谁发生的婚外情 |
[15:26] | – I refuse to answer that. – why? | -我拒绝回答 -为什么 |
[15:27] | Were you in love with him? | 你当时和他陷入爱河了 |
[15:31] | In love with him? | 爱他 |
[15:33] | I thought she was bottom-feeding. | 我觉得她是饥不择食 |
[15:34] | I might have actually vomited | 我刚听说的时候 |
[15:36] | – when I heard. – Okay, that’s enough. | -恶心的差点吐了 -好了 够了 |
[15:38] | We’re not answering this line of questioning. | 我们不会回答这些问题的 |
[15:40] | Move on. | 继续 |
[15:41] | You said my client’s dismissal | 你刚说我客户被解雇 |
[15:43] | was due to a variety of factors. | 由多种原因导致 |
[15:45] | And then you said it wasn’t the affair, | 接着你又说不是因为外遇 |
[15:46] | and it wasn’t job performance. | 也不是工作表现 |
[15:48] | So I ask you, what was it? | 那我现在问你 到底是为什么 |
[15:51] | Is it a personal dislike? | 是个人喜恶吗 |
[15:52] | Are you jealous of her? | 你嫉妒她吗 |
[15:54] | Or do you just hate other women? | 还是因为你就讨厌别的女人 |
[15:56] | Tread lightly, Daniel. | 小心说话 丹尼尔 |
[15:58] | Let’s try some questions your client can answer. | 问些你的客户能答的问题吧 |
[16:00] | Were you in a relationship at the time | 我的客户被解雇时 |
[16:02] | of my client’s dismissal? | 你在和人约会吗 |
[16:03] | Excuse me? | 你说什么 |
[16:04] | Jessica Pearson’s personal life is not an issue here. | 此事无关杰西卡·皮尔逊的私人生活 |
[16:06] | Well, I beg to differ. | 恕我不能同意 |
[16:08] | And since your client can’t seem to find her words today, | 既然你的客户今天不愿多说 |
[16:10] | I, for one, can testify that | 我可以作证 |
[16:11] | She was not in a relationship at the time. | 她当时无人约会 |
[16:15] | She’s always been married to her job. | 一直以来她都全身心投入到工作中 |
[16:16] | And she wants her female associates | 她希望她的女同事 |
[16:18] | to be equally committed, | 也能和她一样 |
[16:19] | so that as soon as they have anything else in their lives– | 所以只要她们的生活中有了别的事 |
[16:22] | in other words, sex– she cuts ’em loose. | 也就是性生活 她就会解雇他们 |
[16:27] | This is bullshit. | 胡编乱造 |
[16:29] | Then tell me differently. | 反驳我啊 |
[16:30] | we’re done here. | 到此为止 |
[16:31] | The truth is, | 事实就是 |
[16:33] | Monica was younger than you, prettier than you, | 莫妮卡比你年轻漂亮 |
[16:35] | sexually active, and of child-bearing age– | 性生活主动 正值生育年龄 |
[16:38] | All of the things you are not, and you fired her for it. | 这些你都没有 所以炒了她 |
[16:56] | We gonna talk about what happened? | 要谈谈吗 |
[16:57] | – Not tonight. – Jessica– | -今晚不行 -杰西卡 |
[16:58] | Son of a bitch all but called me bitter and barren. | 那浑蛋就差没骂我刻薄和不能生育了 |
[17:00] | He did call you that, but it’s only gonna get worse. | 你确实这么骂了你 但事情只会更糟 |
[17:03] | And you should have jumped to my defense | 你应该毫不犹豫 |
[17:05] | sooner than you did. | 立即替我辩护 |
[17:06] | I’m your lawyer, not your husband. | 我是你的律师 不是你丈夫 |
[17:08] | And if I didn’t jump in when I did, we’d be broke. | 要不是我适时打断 我们就破产了 |
[17:10] | Look, I told you before, we need to settle. | 我早说了 必须和解 |
[17:12] | And I told you before, we’re not settling. | 我也说了 我们不会和解 |
[17:14] | Don’t you see what he’s doing? | 你没看穿他的把戏吗 |
[17:16] | He’s trying to make this case about gender. | 他想把案子转移到性别问题上 |
[17:17] | – It’s not! – It doesn’t matter. Look, | -这无关性别 -这不重要 听着 |
[17:19] | you can’t be the name defendant on a gender discrimination case | 在我们因性别歧视起诉福尔松食品公司时 |
[17:23] | while we’re suing Folsom Foods for the same thing. | 你不能成为一个类似案件的被告 |
[17:25] | I am not capitulating to that man. | 我不会向他投降的 |
[17:28] | Then you’re gonna look like a fool. | 那你会看起来像个傻子 |
[17:30] | That’s enough. | 够了 |
[17:31] | You’re not calling the shots, I am. | 这事不是你做主 而是我做主 |
[17:33] | And whether you think my call is wrong or not, | 不管你认为我的决定是对是错 |
[17:35] | it is still my name on that goddamn wall. | 那该死的墙上挂的是我的名字 |
[17:40] | You– | 你 |
[17:53] | Hey, um, sorry, I don’t want to bother you | 抱歉 如果你还在写申请 |
[17:55] | if you’re still working on your application. | 我也不想打扰你 |
[17:57] | But I need a favor. | 但我需要帮忙 |
[17:59] | Uh, no, I finished. What do you need? | 没事 我写完了 帮什么忙 |
[18:02] | I need to see a transcript of Jessica’s deposition. | 我得看看杰西卡的证词 |
[18:06] | That’s confidential. | 那是机密 |
[18:07] | That’s why I need your help. | 所以我需要你帮忙 |
[18:08] | – Mike– – Rachel, please? | -迈克 -瑞秋 拜托了 |
[18:10] | I need it. | 我要看看 |
[18:17] | By the way, congratulations on finishing your application. | 另外 恭喜你写完了申请 |
[18:20] | – Thank you. – You’re welcome. | -谢谢 -不客气 |
[18:23] | Are you looking for anything in particular? | 你在找什么特别的内容吗 |
[18:24] | No, not exactly. | 没有 |
[18:26] | Uh-oh. | 糟了 |
[18:29] | – Oh, my god. – It just keeps going. | -天哪 -真是咄咄逼人 |
[18:33] | It’s worse and worse. | 而且越来越糟糕 |
[18:36] | She had to sit through this. | 她还得忍受这些 |
[18:37] | Oh, god. This is all my fault. | 这都是我的错 |
[18:39] | Wait, Mike– | 等等 迈克 |
[18:40] | No, I-I used you to get to Monica, | 不 我利用你接近莫妮卡 |
[18:42] | and then I used her. | 然后我又利用了她 |
[18:43] | And now he’s taking it out on Jessica. | 他现在把气撒在杰西卡身上 |
[18:45] | Yeah, you couldn’t have known it was gonna lead to this. | 你不可能预知事情的发展 |
[18:46] | It’s okay. | 没关系 |
[18:49] | No, it isn’t. I need to use this. | 不行 我要用这个笔录 |
[18:53] | Either you print it or I type it out from memory, | 你打印出来或者我凭记忆打出来 |
[18:55] | But I have to. | 我必须这么做 |
[18:56] | Why? | 为何 |
[18:59] | You said you wanted to go to Harvard | 你说你想去哈佛读书 |
[19:00] | so that you could work at Pearson Hardman, right? | 是为了能在皮尔逊·哈德曼工作吧 |
[19:02] | Yeah. | 没错 |
[19:03] | Well, if I don’t fix this, | 如果我不解决这个问题 |
[19:05] | there might not be a Pearson Hardman. | 皮尔逊·哈德曼也许会消失 |
[19:18] | You can’t talk to me. | 你不能和我说话 |
[19:20] | Actually, I can. | 其实我可以 |
[19:21] | I don’t have any equity in the firm, | 我没有公司股权 |
[19:23] | and I’m not working on this case. | 这个案子也不归我管 |
[19:24] | You’re an interested party. | 你是相关的一方 |
[19:25] | And you drafted the original complaint. | 而且你起草了最初的诉状 |
[19:27] | Any judge in the world sides with me. | 世界上的法官都会站我这边 |
[19:29] | Listen, Monica. Monica! | 听着 莫妮卡 |
[19:30] | I’m not trying to set you up. | 我不是要陷害你 |
[19:32] | I’m trying to take responsibility here. | 我想负起责任 |
[19:33] | For what? | 负什么责任 |
[19:34] | For doing exactly what you just said I did. | 就像你说的那样 |
[19:36] | for drafting the original complaint, | 是我起草了最初的诉状 |
[19:38] | starting this whole thing off. I’m–I’m sorry. | 挑起了整个事端 对不起 |
[19:41] | No, no. The only thing you’re sorry | 不 你唯一抱歉的就是 |
[19:43] | about is your little maneuver backfired. | 你的小计策倒戈相向 |
[19:45] | Yeah, but it didn’t backfire on me. | 对 但不是冲着我 |
[19:46] | It backfired on Jessica. | 而是杰西卡 |
[19:48] | That’s too bad. | 真不幸啊 |
[19:48] | That’s exactly what I’m happy about. | 不过正合我意 |
[19:51] | What? Jessica didn’t screw you, | 什么 杰西卡又没坏你事 |
[19:52] | Hardman did. | 是哈德曼 |
[19:54] | Daniel Hardman didn’t show up in my office to fire me, | 来办公室开除我的可不是丹尼尔·哈德曼 |
[19:56] | without cause, notice, or a letter of recommendation. | 毫无缘由 通知或者推荐信都没有 |
[19:59] | -She had cause. – Did she? | -她有理由 -是吗 |
[20:01] | When I told her I knew nothing about Daniel’s embezzlement, | 我说不知道丹尼尔挪用公款 |
[20:03] | do you know what she said? “I don’t care.” | 你猜她说什么 “我不在乎” |
[20:06] | And then five years later, she sends you to turn me against him. | 结果五年后她派你劝我背叛他 |
[20:09] | That’s just it, she didn’t. | 她没有 |
[20:10] | Look at that. | 瞧瞧 |
[20:11] | The attack dog defends its owner. | 咬人的狗想维护他的主人呢 |
[20:13] | Blame me, you can even blame Harvey. | 怪我吧 怪哈维都行 |
[20:14] | But Jessica had nothing to do with it. | 但杰西卡与此事无关 |
[20:17] | If you think I’m gonna buy for one second | 如果你觉得我会相信 |
[20:18] | she wasn’t behind you coming to me with that lawsuit, | 不是她派你拿诉状来找我 |
[20:20] | you are even more naive than I was. | 那你比我还天真 |
[20:22] | Please just look at what he did to her. | 请你看看他对她做了什么吧 |
[20:25] | I don’t have to because I don’t care. | 我没必要看 因为我不在乎 |
[20:43] | Monica. | 莫妮卡 |
[20:44] | – Louis. – How are you? | -路易 -你最近怎么样 |
[20:47] | – I’m fine. – Good. | -还不错 -很好 |
[20:48] | You know, I wanted to tell you– | 我想告诉你 |
[20:50] | I can’t really talk right now, Louis. | 我现在不能说话 路易 |
[20:52] | Right, because you’ve got the deposition? | 没错 因为你要参加取证吧 |
[20:54] | – I’m meeting Daniel. – Daniel. | -我来见丹尼尔 -丹尼尔 |
[20:58] | Okay, well, it was really– | 好吧 能见到你 |
[20:59] | it was really nice seeing you. | 我很开心 |
[21:01] | You too. | 我也是 |
[21:15] | A little busy at the moment. | 我现在有点忙 |
[21:16] | Monica Eton, I know. | 忙莫妮卡·伊顿的事 我知道 |
[21:17] | Look, Harvey didn’t want my help, | 哈维不让我帮忙 |
[21:19] | but I thought that maybe you would. | 但我觉得你会 |
[21:20] | Harvey is right. | 哈维是对的 |
[21:21] | I need you on top of Folsom Foods. | 我要你跟福尔松食品公司的案子 |
[21:23] | This is about Folsom Foods. | 就是福尔松食品公司的案子 |
[21:26] | What do you have? | 你有什么想法 |
[21:26] | If you can get Monica to admit that her affair was with Daniel, | 如果你能让莫妮卡承认她和丹尼尔有私情 |
[21:30] | this isn’t about gender anymore. | 这件事就无关性别了 |
[21:32] | Because they were both dismissed. | 因为他们俩都被开除了 |
[21:34] | A man and a woman. | 一个男人和一个女人 |
[21:35] | Puts you back in the driver’s seat on Folsom Foods. | 你就能重新主导福尔松食品公司的案子 |
[21:37] | Okay, do you have a line of questioning? | 好 列出要问的问题了吗 |
[21:39] | Right here. | 在这里 |
[21:43] | You ready? | 准备好了没 |
[21:45] | He is. | 他准备好了 |
[21:46] | I want you to let him take the lead on this. | 我要求你让他负责这事 |
[21:48] | – What? – Not a discussion. | -什么 -没得商量 |
[21:50] | Where are you going? | 你要去哪 |
[21:52] | Oh, I’m not spending another moment | 我不想再跟那些人 |
[21:53] | in the same room with those people. | 呆在一个房间里 |
[22:01] | – Miss Eton– – Him? | -伊顿小姐 -就他吗 |
[22:03] | You’re bringing in the “B” Team? | 你把”二流队伍”带来了 |
[22:05] | As you pointed out, | 正如你所说 |
[22:06] | the “B” Team drafted this suit in the first place. | 这支”二流队伍”最初起草了诉状 |
[22:08] | And ran you out of dodge. | 弄得你无处躲藏 |
[22:09] | Right into jersey. | 跑去了新泽西 |
[22:11] | Well, if he doesn’t do well, he can always approach my client | 这次不行 他可以再一次 |
[22:14] | outside of her place of employment, again. | 到我客户的工作场所外面找她 |
[22:20] | I guess he must have learned from you | 我猜他先斩后奏 |
[22:21] | not to always tell dad what he’s up to. | 是跟你学的 |
[22:23] | You want to know what he learned from me? | 想知道他跟我学到了什么吗 |
[22:24] | not to let some two-time loser get in his head. | 不让败过两次的人打乱阵脚 |
[22:30] | Miss Eton, there’s been a lot of talk | 伊顿小姐 外界有很多传言 |
[22:31] | about the affair you had while at Pearson Hardman. | 说你在皮尔逊·哈德曼工作时有了私情 |
[22:33] | I have just one question. | 我只有一个问题 |
[22:36] | Who was that affair with? | 是和谁有私情呢 |
[22:37] | I never said I had an affair. | 我从未说过我有私情 |
[22:39] | But your lawyer said you did. | 可你的律师说你有 |
[22:41] | Your people said it was irrelevant. | 你们的人说这事不相干 |
[22:42] | I didn’t, and it’s not, | 我没说 而且这事很重要 |
[22:43] | And I have a lot of questions about it. | 我可有很多问题 |
[22:45] | Which we won’t be answering. | 我们不会回答的 |
[22:46] | Well, you’ll have to in court. | 你在法庭上也得回答 |
[22:48] | we’re not in court. | 我们又不在法庭 |
[22:49] | No, but you are on the record. | 是不会 但我们正在录口供 |
[22:51] | But since you don’t want to answer the question, | 既然你不想回答问题 |
[22:53] | let me ask you another question. | 我再问你个问题 |
[22:54] | If you didn’t have an affair, | 如果你没有偷情 |
[22:56] | then what reason could there possibly be | 是什么原因导致 |
[22:58] | for you to be fired? | 你被解雇了呢 |
[23:00] | Because I was being harassed, | 因为我被骚扰了 |
[23:02] | and I made it clear I didn’t like it. | 我说得很清楚 我不喜欢那样 |
[23:03] | Harassed? By who? | 骚扰 谁干的 |
[23:04] | Don’t answer that. | 别回答 |
[23:05] | Oh, no. My client is going to | 不 我的客户会回答 |
[23:07] | answer the question that your associate asked, | 你助理提出的问题 |
[23:09] | And we’re gonna get some things on the record, right here. | 并且会将此记录在案 |
[23:11] | No, we’re done. | 不 我们到此为止 |
[23:12] | I was being harassed By Louis Litt. | 我被路易·利特骚扰了 |
[23:14] | What? | 什么 |
[23:16] | Go on, Monica. | 继续 莫妮卡 |
[23:18] | He asked me out repeatedly, | 他多次想约我出去 |
[23:20] | after I rebuffed him again and again. | 当我一次次地拒绝他之后 |
[23:23] | he would stare at me, wait at the elevator outside my office, | 他会盯着我看 在办公室外的电梯前等我 |
[23:26] | the diner, everywhere. | 还有餐厅 无处不在 |
[23:28] | – Anything else? – Yes. | -还有什么吗 -还有 |
[23:30] | He was partner, and I had to say “No” to him. | 他是合伙人 我不得不拒绝他 |
[23:33] | And it made me feel disgusting every single day. | 每一天我都倍感厌恶 |
[23:35] | Will people corroborate your account? | 有人证实你所说的吗 |
[23:37] | It was common knowledge within the firm. | 整个公司都知道 |
[23:39] | Any number of people knew, including him. | 所有人都清楚 也包括他 |
[23:42] | Let the record show that my client | 请在记录里写上我的委托人 |
[23:44] | indicated Harvey Specter. | 指的是哈维·斯佩克特 |
[23:46] | Monica, I have one more question for you. | 莫妮卡 我还有一个问题问你 |
[23:48] | To whom did Jessica tell you to hand in your resignation? | 杰西卡让你把辞呈交给谁 |
[23:51] | Louis Litt. | 路易·利特 |
[23:53] | So in conclusion, | 所以总结一下 |
[23:55] | you were being sexually harassed, | 你受到了性骚扰 |
[23:57] | it was well-known, Jessica Pearson dismissed you, | 这事众所周知 杰西卡·皮尔逊解雇了你 |
[24:00] | and you were actually told to hand in your resignation | 并且还让你把辞呈递给 |
[24:04] | to the very man who did the harassing. | 那个骚扰你的人 |
[24:07] | Yes. That statement is entirely true. | 没错 这一切都属实 |
[24:10] | Thank you, Monica. | 谢谢你 莫妮卡 |
[24:14] | Gentlemen? | 先生们 |
[24:18] | I get it, that was your plan, | 我明白了 你一直就这么打算 |
[24:20] | to blame it on Louis the whole time. | 把一切都怪罪在路易头上 |
[24:22] | Monica always was a good lawyer. | 莫妮卡一直都是个很棒的律师 |
[24:25] | Nothing she said in there wasn’t true. | 她在取证时所说的一切都是事实 |
[24:28] | What’s it gonna take to settle this case? | 你要怎样才愿意和解 |
[24:30] | What ever do you mean? | 你有何提议 |
[24:32] | We break confidentiality, Monica loses, | 我们违反保密协议 莫妮卡败诉 |
[24:34] | you get your $15 million. | 你拿到你的一千五百万 |
[24:36] | Tempting. | 还挺诱人 |
[24:37] | But we’re not gonna do that, and you know it. | 但你知道我们不可能这么做 |
[24:39] | So you want to settle with Monica | 你想跟莫妮卡和解 |
[24:41] | and get out of your jam. | 摆脱这个麻烦 |
[24:43] | I want a number, and it better be less than three. | 开个价 最好别高于三百万 |
[24:45] | This isn’t about numbers. | 这不是钱的事 |
[24:46] | It’s about responsibility. | 是责任 |
[24:48] | Monica wants to see a jury find Jessica guilty. | 莫妮卡想要看到杰西卡被判有罪 |
[24:51] | Bullshit. | 胡扯 |
[24:52] | You want to see a jury find jessica guilty. | 是你想要看到杰西卡被判有罪 |
[24:55] | Nope. I assure you, it is Monica. | 不 千真万确是莫妮卡 |
[24:58] | I don’t really care whether a jury | 杰西卡是否被判有罪 |
[24:59] | finds Jessica guilty or not. | 我一点都不在乎 |
[25:01] | You just want blood. | 你就是惟恐天下不乱 |
[25:03] | – It’s already there. – Because of you. | -已经大乱了 -都是因为你 |
[25:05] | Huh. Nonetheless, I smell it. | 不管怎样 我闻到血腥味了 |
[25:08] | Allison Holt, Robert Zane both came after you, | 艾莉森·霍特和罗伯特·赞恩都来找你们麻烦 |
[25:11] | and now you have 45 cases you can’t afford. | 而现在你们有根本负担不起的45桩官司 |
[25:15] | So pay me $15 million, | 如果付给我一千五百 |
[25:17] | fight Monica, and lose. Fight Monica and win. | 不管莫妮卡的官司你们打输还是打赢 |
[25:21] | It doesn’t matter. | 都无关紧要 |
[25:22] | Any way you slice it, | 不管你怎么玩 |
[25:24] | I’m gonna bleed you dry. | 我都会把你们榨干 |
[25:37] | They promised a brunette. | 他们说好要找个棕色头发的 |
[25:40] | Well, I guess there’s a few. | 好吧 大概你头上还是有几根棕色的 |
[25:41] | I want to talk to you like a person. | 我想好好跟你谈谈 |
[25:47] | Kenny G? | 是肯尼·基 |
[25:53] | What’s on your mind, Louis? | 你想说什么 路易 |
[25:55] | I know Donna told me that, uh, you didn’t need my help, | 我知道唐娜跟我说了你不需要我帮忙 |
[25:57] | and I know we haven’t really spoken | 而且自从你撕掉我的辞呈后 |
[25:58] | since you ripped up my letter of resignation. | 我们就没怎么好好讲过话 |
[26:03] | But I want to help. | 但是我想帮忙 |
[26:05] | I need to help. | 我需要出点力 |
[26:06] | Trust me. It’s not a good idea. | 相信我 这不是什么好主意 |
[26:08] | He’s using Monica the same way that he used me. | 他在利用莫妮卡 就像之前利用我一样 |
[26:13] | And no one knows that better than me. | 没有人比我更了解他的这种行径 |
[26:17] | I know. | 我知道 |
[26:18] | If I could just talk to her outside | 要是我能不顾这些条条框框 |
[26:19] | the confines of everything, you know? | 告诉她所有真相就好了 |
[26:21] | If I could– | 要是我能 |
[26:22] | I just know I can convince her to drop this case, I know it. | 我知道我一定能说服她撤销控告 |
[26:25] | – Louis– – Harvey, please. | -路易 -哈维 拜托 |
[26:26] | I’m begging you. | 求你了 |
[26:34] | – What’s this? – Just read it. | -这是什么 -你先看看 |
[26:44] | Mike led the deposition. | 是迈克主持了取证会 |
[26:47] | Starts off bold. | 开局很大胆啊 |
[26:49] | Oh, he shouldn’t have asked that. | 他不该问这个的 |
[26:51] | That’s a rookie move. | 完全是新手的失误 |
[26:54] | What– what? | 这是… 什么 |
[27:08] | “Rebuffed again and again.” | “一次次地断然回绝” |
[27:13] | She felt disgusted. | 她感到恶心 |
[27:16] | – “Common knowledge.” – Louis– | -“所有人都知道” -路易 |
[27:18] | She pointed at you. | 她指向你 |
[27:21] | – That doesn’t mean– – No, no, no, no, no. | -这不代表… -不 不不 |
[27:23] | You used to tease me about her. | 你以前总拿她开我玩笑 |
[27:28] | Remember how I used to stare at her? | 还记得我那时是怎么盯着她的吗 |
[27:30] | That was teasing. | 那是开玩笑 |
[27:32] | This is bullshit. | 这全是扯淡 |
[27:34] | – They’re twisting everything. – They are. | -他们完全是在颠倒黑白 -的确 |
[27:40] | He is. | 都是他 |
[27:42] | Drink your drink. | 喝一杯吧 |
[28:02] | What are you doing here? | 你来这儿做什么 |
[28:04] | I needed some air. | 呼吸点空气 |
[28:05] | How’d you know how to get up here? | 你怎么知道从哪儿上来的 |
[28:07] | – Donna. You? – Donna. | -唐娜说的 你呢 -也是她 |
[28:17] | I lied. | 我说谎了 |
[28:20] | – The essay? – I couldn’t do it. | -论文的事 -我写不出来 |
[28:22] | Just think of it like a closing argument. | 就当作是写结案陈词好了 |
[28:24] | – Why should they take you? – Exactly. | -他们为什么要录取你 -就是啊 |
[28:27] | Why should they take me? | 他们为什么要录取我 |
[28:29] | Why do you want to be a lawyer? | 你为什么想做律师 |
[28:30] | Just– don’t think, tell me. | 别多想 直接回答我 |
[28:32] | – My dad. – Okay. Why? | -因为我爸 -好 为什么 |
[28:37] | Do you remember when I told you | 你还记得我告诉过你 |
[28:38] | that, when I was a little girl, people would just tell him | 我小的时候人们总是跟他说 |
[28:40] | how smart he was? | 他有多聪明吗 |
[28:42] | Right, it had nothing to do with him being black or white, | 跟他的肤色毫无关系 |
[28:44] | he was just amazing. | 他就是出类拔萃 |
[28:47] | And I want to be amazing too. | 我也想做这么出色的人 |
[28:52] | You are. | 你的确很出色 |
[28:53] | Am I? | 是吗 |
[28:55] | Because every time I sit down at that keyboard, I think, | 可每次我坐在那间办公室里 我就想 |
[28:58] | “I’m a paralegal. That’s all I’ve ever been. | “我是名法律助理 到现在我一直做这个 |
[29:01] | That’s all I’ll ever be.” | 以后也会一直干这个” |
[29:03] | Did I ever tell you about my interview with Harvey? | 我跟你说过哈维面试我的情景吗 |
[29:07] | No…but I’m assuming it went well. | 没有 但我猜一定进行得无比顺利 |
[29:10] | He laughed me out of the room. | 他觉得我真是傻到极点了 |
[29:13] | – Are you kidding? – No, I’m not. | -你骗我呢吧 -不 我没有 |
[29:15] | He basically told me I didn’t even belong in the interview. | 他基本上就跟我说我根本没资格参加面试 |
[29:17] | He actually told me to leave. | 他直接让我离开 |
[29:21] | What did you do? | 那你是怎么做的 |
[29:22] | I decided I didn’t give a shit | 我决定根本不管 |
[29:23] | what the other applicants had that I didn’t. | 其他申请者具备什么我没有的优势 |
[29:26] | If I was going through that door, | 如果要我就这么离开 |
[29:27] | he’d have to pick me up and throw me out. | 除非他亲自把我扔出去 |
[29:30] | You must have said something. | 你肯定跟他说了什么 |
[29:33] | Yeah. | 对 |
[29:34] | Yeah, I told him I’d be the best damn lawyer | 我告诉他我会是他见过的 |
[29:36] | he’d ever seen. | 最棒的律师 |
[29:41] | I wish I could have been a fly on that wall. | 真希望我是那只当时趴在墙上的苍蝇 |
[29:44] | Yeah, you have no idea. | 没错 你绝对想不到 |
[29:56] | What the hell is wrong with you? | 你到底是怎么回事 |
[29:59] | Me? | 我 |
[29:59] | You tried to settle with Daniel. | 你打算跟丹尼尔和解 |
[30:01] | You’re damn right I did. | 我当然要这么做 |
[30:02] | Did you read what happened in that deposition? | 你知道取证会上发生了什么吗 |
[30:04] | I don’t care what happened in that deposition. | 我才不管取证会上发生了什么 |
[30:06] | I do. You’re out of control. | 但我在乎 你完全失控了 |
[30:08] | What did you just say to me? | 你刚才说我什么 |
[30:09] | Mike Ross wasn’t ready for this. | 迈克·罗斯还没准备好这个 |
[30:11] | – He volunteered. – He went to see Monica Eton. | -他自愿帮忙的 -他去见了莫妮卡·伊顿 |
[30:13] | You’ve done the same. | 这种事你也做过 |
[30:14] | I’m a senior partner, not an associate. | 我是高级合伙人 又不是助理律师 |
[30:17] | Me to you, you to him. | 我高于你 你高于他 |
[30:21] | Fine. | 随便吧 |
[30:25] | You want to know why he went to see Monica? | 你想知道他为什么去找莫妮卡吗 |
[30:27] | I’m sure you’re gonna tell me. | 我肯定拦不住你告诉我了 |
[30:28] | Because he doesn’t know the idea to stir her up | 因为他完全不知道是你提议 |
[30:30] | against Daniel was yours in the first place. | 找她出来对付丹尼尔的 |
[30:32] | He doesn’t need to know. | 他没必要知道这个 |
[30:35] | So you don’t trust him with that, | 所以你对他的信任不足以他让他知道这个 |
[30:36] | but you trust him to go up against Daniel himself. | 但却能够让他独自挑衅丹尼尔 |
[30:38] | He came to me with a way to put us back in a position | 他带着能让我们打赢福尔松食品公司 |
[30:41] | to win Folsom Foods. | 的办法来找我 |
[30:42] | Well, it failed. We’re behind on both. | 但是现在失败了 我们两个官司都占下风了 |
[30:45] | – Excuse me. – Mike. | -打扰一下 -迈克 |
[30:46] | I just wanted to apologize to you both for yesterday. | 我想为昨天的事情向你们俩道歉 |
[30:50] | It was a good idea, | 那想法的确不错 |
[30:51] | just didn’t have the right execution. | 就是执行得出了些问题 |
[30:53] | – What are you saying? – I’m saying it was a good idea, | -你什么意思 -我是说这想法很好 |
[30:55] | but the questions were being asked of the wrong person. | 但是提问的对象不对 |
[31:03] | Three on one. | 三个人一起出动 |
[31:05] | All for a deposition of little, old me. | 就为了给这么微不足道的我来取证 |
[31:08] | Would you be more comfortable over there, | 你坐那边会不会更舒服些 |
[31:10] | where your old desk used to be? | 毕竟你原来的办公桌放在那里 |
[31:11] | No need. We won’t be here long. | 不必了 我们不会需要很久的 |
[31:14] | Our confidentiality agreement prohibits most questions. | 我们的保密协议几乎让你们不能问任何问题 |
[31:17] | Actually, it only prohibits disclosures. | 其实只是让我们无法说出去 |
[31:19] | We can ask you any question that any lawyer who hadn’t signed | 我们可以像所有未签保密协议的律师 |
[31:22] | a non-disclosure agreement could ask. | 一样问你任何问题 |
[31:24] | We just can’t make statements. | 我们只是不能作证供 |
[31:26] | I’m sure if you were to ask Judge Henderson, | 我相信要是你在亨德森法官的 |
[31:30] | say, out by his pool, he would agree. | 泳池边问他 他也会这么说 |
[31:35] | There’s no court reporter here. | 这里没有法院书记官 |
[31:36] | I thought you might want to talk off the record. | 我猜你可能想私下聊聊 |
[31:40] | If you ask me anything about embezzlement, | 如果你想问我有关盗用公款的事 |
[31:42] | I’ll deny it. | 我不会承认的 |
[31:44] | If you bring any proof forward, | 如果你拿出任何证据 |
[31:45] | it’s a violation of our non-disclosure. | 那就违反了我们的保密协议 |
[31:46] | That’s why we won’t be asking about your embezzlement. | 所以我们不打算问你盗用公款的事 |
[31:49] | We’ll be asking you about your affair with Monica. | 我们要问你和莫妮卡的外遇 |
[31:51] | And if you lie about that, | 如果你有一丁点隐瞒 |
[31:52] | we won’t be the ones who need to come forward with proof. | 根本不需要我们拿出任何证据 |
[31:54] | Because we found six people working at the hotel | 因为我们找到了六位酒店员工 |
[31:57] | who are willing to provide it. | 他们愿意出来作证 |
[31:59] | No, you didn’t. | 不 你们没有 |
[32:01] | Room service, concierge, housekeeping. | 客房服务 门卫 清洁工 |
[32:04] | You really should tip better, Daniel. | 你真应该多给点小费的 丹尼尔 |
[32:05] | Maybe you want a cigarette? | 还是你需要来根烟 |
[32:07] | Remind you of the woman you cheated on. | 才能想起你背叛的女人 |
[32:16] | Go ahead. Ask your questions. | 来吧 随便问 |
[32:18] | Did you have an affair with Monica Eton | 你在皮尔逊·哈德曼律所工作时 |
[32:20] | while you were employed at Pearson Hardman? | 是否跟莫妮卡·伊顿发生了婚外情 |
[32:21] | Yes, I did. Any other questions? | 对 我有过 还有其它问题吗 |
[32:24] | I think we’re good. | 没有了 |
[32:26] | Yep. You got me to embarrass myself. | 好 你让我出丑了 |
[32:29] | But you already did that, the day you told everyone | 但是你当着办公室所有人的面 |
[32:31] | in the office about my affair with monica. | 说出这事的那天 就已经让我出过丑了 |
[32:33] | You and you. | 你们俩 |
[32:35] | Yeah, I know what you told Monica | 对 我知道你跟莫妮卡说过 |
[32:37] | about Jessica not knowing. | 杰西卡对这事并不知情 |
[32:39] | But take a good look. | 但好好看看 |
[32:41] | She was behind it. | 她才是幕后主谋 |
[32:44] | Who needs a cigarette now? | 现在该轮到谁需要根烟了 |
[32:48] | And as far as my admission goes? | 不管我的证词有多大用处 |
[32:50] | You’re still the one who fired her, | 开除她的还是你 |
[32:51] | 24 hours after you found out. | 而且是在你发现了的24小时之后 |
[32:53] | That’s what a jury’s gonna focus on. | 陪审团会更关注这一点 |
[32:55] | Nobody’s gonna care about what I did. | 没人会在意我做了什么 |
[33:17] | You piece of shit. | 你这个狗屎 |
[33:19] | There’s the fire I helped nurture. | 原来是我培养出来的人才啊 |
[33:21] | You didn’t nurture a goddamn thing. | 你什么都没有培养出来 |
[33:23] | You don’t teach. You don’t inspire. You don’t mentor. | 你不会教 不会启发 不会指导 |
[33:26] | All you do is betray. | 你所做的只有背叛 |
[33:27] | Like you betrayed me at that last vote. | 就像上次投票时你背叛我一样 |
[33:29] | – How dare you. – How dare I what? | -你怎么敢 -我怎么敢什么 |
[33:32] | You were more than happy to help out | 若与你的目的相符 |
[33:34] | when it served your purposes. | 你非常乐意排忧解难 |
[33:35] | I voted the way I did the second I realized | 在我意识到那全都是谎言的时候 |
[33:37] | it was all a lie. | 我才那么做 |
[33:38] | And look how it turned out. | 看看结果如何 |
[33:40] | You’re a senior partner now. | 你现在是资深合伙人了 |
[33:41] | – You’re welcome. – You think I give a shit? | -不用谢 -你觉得我在乎 |
[33:43] | I think that’s all you ever cared about. | 我觉得你只在乎这个 |
[33:46] | You know what I cared about? | 你知道我在乎什么 |
[33:48] | Monica. | 莫妮卡 |
[33:49] | She was so smart and so beautiful. | 她如此聪颖美丽 |
[33:51] | And I knew she was out of my league, | 我知道她和我不是一个层面的人 |
[33:52] | But I kept trying because I just thought | 但是我一直努力着 因为我认为 |
[33:53] | if she just got to know me– | 如果她能了解我 |
[33:59] | And then I found out that whole time she was– | 然后我发现原来她一直 |
[34:01] | – With me. – Yeah. With you. | -和我在一起 -是的 和你在一起 |
[34:04] | Why are you telling me this? | 你为什么要告诉我这事 |
[34:08] | I want you to know exactly what it is that you twisted, | 我希望你知道你到底扭曲了什么 |
[34:12] | so you know exactly what it was that put me over the edge. | 这样你就知道逼疯我会有什么后果 |
[34:17] | Are you threatening me, Louis? | 路易 你是在威胁我吗 |
[34:18] | Threatening you? No, I’m telling you. | 威胁你 当然不是 我只是告诉你 |
[34:21] | You ever do anything to me ever again, | 你要是再对我做出什么 |
[34:24] | you ever so much as tell me the incorrect time, | 甚至于你再跟我说时机不对 |
[34:29] | I’ll kill you. | 我会杀了你 |
[34:31] | I will rip your smug face | 我会从你肥壮的脖子上 |
[34:33] | off your fat neck, | 扯下那张自以为是的脸 |
[34:36] | and I’ll kill you. | 我会杀了你 |
[34:59] | You here to depose me again? | 你又来找我取证吗 |
[35:01] | Didn’t go too well for you last time. | 上一次可没有什么好结果 |
[35:03] | No, I’m here to say I’m sorry. | 不 我是来道歉的 |
[35:06] | You were right… about Jessica. | 有关杰西卡的事 你说得没错 |
[35:10] | You really didn’t know it was her. | 你真的不知道是她 |
[35:13] | Welcome to the world. | 欢迎来到现实世界 |
[35:14] | – Stings, doesn’t it? – Yeah. | -很讽刺 是吧 -是的 |
[35:17] | It does. | 是的 |
[35:18] | So you came all the way here just to tell me you’re sorry? | 所以你大老远跑来就是为了说抱歉吗 |
[35:20] | No, I didn’t. | 不是 |
[35:23] | Jessica was wrong to fire you, | 杰西卡开除你的确不对 |
[35:25] | but she didn’t fire you because you’re a woman. | 但她开除你并不是因为你是女人 |
[35:26] | She fired you because she didn’t trust you. | 她开除你是因为她不相信你 |
[35:29] | – I know that. – So then you also know | -我知道 -那么你也知道 |
[35:30] | that keeping this suit alive is sticking it to her. | 继续指控对她并不公平 |
[35:33] | That’s the whole point. | 这才是重点 |
[35:34] | No, the whole point is that she’s not | 不 重点是她并不是 |
[35:35] | the only one you’re sticking it to. | 唯一一个你不公平对待的人 |
[35:37] | What I said about Louis Litt is factually accurate. | 我之前所说有关路易·利特的事情完全属实 |
[35:39] | And if you think I’m gonna drop the case because of him, I’m– | 如果你觉得我会因为他而撤销指控 |
[35:41] | I’m not talking about him. | 我说的不是他 |
[35:43] | I’m talking about the 113 women who are suing | 我说的是113位正在指控 |
[35:45] | Folsom Foods right now for gender discrimination. | 福尔松食品公司性别歧视的女性 |
[35:49] | Those cases are their own thing. | 那些案子是他们自己的事情 |
[35:52] | They’re being told they can’t get where they want | 有人告诉他们 他们不能得到想要得到的 |
[35:54] | because they’re not good enough. | 因为他们不够好 |
[35:55] | That has nothing to do this me. | 这跟我一点关系都没有 |
[35:58] | Who’s being naive now? | 现在是谁太天真了 |
[36:00] | He’s using your suit to drive us into the ground, | 他在利用你的指控将我们压制住 |
[36:02] | and driving us into the ground means losing these cases. | 压制住我们就意味着输掉这些案子 |
[36:06] | What do you want? | 你想要什么 |
[36:08] | Just read these files. Decide for yourself. | 看看这些文件 自己决定 |
[36:11] | These women deserve to be treated the same way you were? | 这些女人应该受到和你一样的待遇吗 |
[36:16] | What makes you think I would even care? | 你凭什么认为我会在乎 |
[36:19] | I’m naive, remember? | 我很天真 记得吗 |
[36:34] | Mike Ross went to see Monica Eton again. | 迈克·罗斯又去找了莫妮卡·伊顿 |
[36:37] | – At your direction? – On his own. | -你让他去的吗 -他自己去的 |
[36:39] | Goddamn kid. | 该死的孩子 |
[36:41] | – He’s another you. – Not exactly. | -他就像另一个你 -并不完全是 |
[36:43] | He went to apologize for lying to her the first time. | 他去为第一次骗了她而道歉 |
[36:47] | – He didn’t lie. – No. | -他没说谎 -没错 |
[36:49] | We did. | 是我们 |
[36:50] | Like the two of you lied to me about him being a lawyer? | 就像你们俩骗我 说他是律师 |
[36:53] | How about we call it even? | 不如就算咱俩扯平了吧 |
[36:54] | It’s nowhere near even. | 还差得远 |
[36:59] | – Isn’t it? – What’s this? | -不是吗 -这是什么 |
[37:01] | He got her to settle. | 他让她提出了和解 |
[37:03] | – There wasn’t an offer. – There is now. | -之前并没有开价 -现在有了 |
[37:06] | This does not get us off easy. | 我们还是要付出赔款 |
[37:08] | Hell of a lot less than $15 million. | 总比一千五百万美金少多了 |
[37:10] | – she doesn’t deserve a dime. – Doesn’t matter. | -她根本不配拿一分钱 -这不重要 |
[37:12] | I was right to fire her. | 我开除她没错 |
[37:14] | That’s not what this is about, and you know it. | 那和这事无关 你知道的 |
[37:25] | He made me look like a fool with her then, | 那时他和她在一起 让我看起来像个傻瓜 |
[37:30] | and he’s made me look like a fool with her now. | 现在他还是让我看起来像个傻瓜 |
[37:33] | No one cares what he said in that deposition. | 没人会在乎他取证时说了什么 |
[37:36] | You think I give a shit about what he said in that deposition? | 你觉得我在乎他取证时所说的话吗 |
[37:38] | I meant getting me to sign that agreement. | 我是说他让我签下那个协议的时候 |
[37:40] | You can’t win every move. | 你不可能每步都赢 |
[37:41] | I should have seen it coming. | 我应该预料到会有这一幕 |
[37:43] | You made a decision under the gun. | 你只是在重压下做了决定 |
[37:45] | – I let him put me there. – We beat him | -是我让他有这个机会 -我们打败他 |
[37:47] | because you kept your cool when I wanted to lose mine. | 是因为在我失去冷静时你保持冷静 |
[37:51] | Keep your cool now, sign this agreement, | 保持冷静 签了协议 |
[37:54] | and let’s beat him again. | 让我们再次打败他 |
[38:06] | You look happy. | 你看起来很高兴 |
[38:08] | So do you. | 你也是 |
[38:10] | The pressure’s off. No more essay. | 没压力了 不用再写论文了 |
[38:14] | – You finished it. – I had a breakthrough. | -你完成了 -我有了重大突破 |
[38:16] | What was it? | 是什么 |
[38:19] | I’m a paralegal. | 我是一名律师助理 |
[38:21] | Rachel, please tell me that that doesn’t– | 瑞秋 不要告诉我那是… |
[38:22] | No, I don’t– I don’t mean that in a bad way. | 不 不是 不是坏事 |
[38:25] | I mean it in a great way. | 我是说好事 |
[38:26] | Do you know what the length | 你知道企业律师的 |
[38:27] | of an average corporate lawyer’s career is? | 平均职业生涯是多久吗 |
[38:30] | 30 years. | 30年 |
[38:31] | Wrong. | 错了 |
[38:36] | Because they hate it. | 因为他们讨厌这个职业 |
[38:39] | Not me. | 我不是这样 |
[38:40] | I’ve been here longer than 75% of our associates, | 我在这里比75%的助理待得都久 |
[38:43] | and I love it. | 而且我喜欢这里 |
[38:44] | Which means when you get out, you won’t be disillusioned. | 也就是说你要是离开 你的幻想不会破灭 |
[38:47] | No. I’ll be unleashed. | 不 那样对我是一种解脱 |
[38:49] | And that’s what I told them in my essay. | 在论文里我也是这么说的 |
[38:52] | – In other words… – You’re gonna be | -换句话说 -你将会是 |
[38:53] | the best damn lawyer they’ve ever seen. | 你将会是他们见过的最好的律师 |
[38:55] | – I’m going to Harvard. – You really are. | -我要去哈佛啦 -真的 |
[38:57] | Yeah. Yeah. | 是啊 是啊 |
[39:05] | What? | 怎么了 |
[39:06] | Nothing. It just–just hit me. | 没什么 只是有点打击到我 |
[39:10] | You’re not gonna be here anymore. | 你再也不会在这里了 |
[39:13] | I mean, you’ll– you know, you’ll be there. | 我是说 你会…你知道你会在那里 |
[39:15] | – Boston. – Cambridge. | -波士顿 -剑桥 |
[39:19] | I guess I’ll just have to get used to that. | 我想我只能习惯如此了 |
[39:23] | I guess I’ll have to get used to that too. | 我想我也得习惯这件事 |
[39:34] | You going home? | 你要回家吗 |
[39:35] | Unless there’s something pressing? | 除非还有什么急事 |
[39:37] | – No, I was just gonna, uh– – Hey, what happened here? | -没 我只是… -那里怎么了 |
[39:39] | What are you talking about? | 你在说什么 |
[39:40] | – It’s off. – Looks fine to me. | -不亮了 -我觉得很正常 |
[39:43] | It isn’t. | 不正常 |
[39:48] | Wait a second. Your eye for detail? | 等一下 你很关注细节的吧 |
[39:50] | One record askew, and I don’t hear the end of it for a week. | 有一个标志倾斜 我会听你念叨一周 |
[39:54] | You scratched my Miles Davis. | 你刮坏了我的迈尔士·戴维斯的唱片 |
[39:59] | It was me. | 是我干的 |
[40:00] | – What were you thinking? – I was pissed. | -你想什么呢 -我生气了 |
[40:02] | – You’re so emotional. – I lost my cool. | -你真情绪化 -我不冷静 |
[40:04] | – You shouldn’t have done that. – I know. | -你不该那么做 -我知道 |
[40:06] | I shouldn’t have hit Hardman. | 我不该打哈德曼 |
[40:08] | – You didn’t. – I did. | -你不是吧 -我打了 |
[40:10] | – When? – Right before Jessica’s depo. | -什么时候 -就在杰西卡取证前 |
[40:13] | – Closed fist? – Open palm. | -握紧的拳头 -张开的手掌 |
[40:14] | – Bitch slap! – Damn straight. | -甩巴掌 -非常狠 |
[40:16] | How’d it feel? | 感觉怎么样 |
[40:17] | Good enough that I did it again. | 好到让我又甩了他一次 |
[40:19] | Look at you. You’re beautiful. | 瞧瞧你 真是漂亮 |
[40:22] | – You have a date? – As a matter of fact, I do. | -你有约会 -事实上 是的 |
[40:26] | Bitter and barren, my ass. | 刻薄 不能生育 狗屁 |
[40:28] | Someone special? | 特别的人吗 |
[40:29] | You never know. Could be the one. | 谁知道呢 也许就是我的白马王子呢 |
[40:35] | Oh, and why don’t you go ahead and take that damn name down. | 帮忙把那个该死的名字拿下来吧 |
[40:47] | You keep showing up here, Laura’s gonna kick your ass. | 你老是来这里 劳拉会收拾你的 |
[40:50] | Oh, you’d be surprised at the strength of a jealous woman. | 妒火中烧的女人比你想象的要可怕多了 |
[40:54] | She has nothing to worry about. | 她完全不用担心 |
[40:57] | Once again, I guess you’re not here to ask for a favor. | 再一次 我猜你来这里不是为了寻求帮助 |
[40:59] | You want to know who Daniel is? | 你想了解丹尼尔 |
[41:02] | Read his own words. | 自己读读他的话吧 |
[41:07] | He’s not the first man to have an affair. | 他不是第一个有外遇的男人 |
[41:09] | Maybe the first to turn around and sue | 也许他是第一个反过来 |
[41:11] | his former colleagues for his own actions. | 为自己的举动起诉前同事的人 |
[41:13] | That’s all you have? | 你就这点料吗 |
[41:15] | Tip of the iceberg. | 冰山一角而已 |
[41:16] | Believe me, he will turn on you if you let him in. | 如果你让他加入 他也会反过来对付你 |
[41:19] | No one’s letting him in. He’s a contractor. | 没人让他加入 他只是个承包人 |
[41:21] | He’s not a partner, he’s not of counsel, | 他不是合伙人 也不是顾问 |
[41:24] | – he’s not an associate. – I’m telling you, | -他也不是助理 -我要说 |
[41:25] | kick him off of Folsom Foods. | 把他从福尔松食品公司的案子里赶出去 |
[41:27] | Don’t let him in your house. | 别让他进你地盘 |
[41:28] | And I just told you, he’s not in my house. | 我刚告诉你了 他并没有进我地盘 |
[41:30] | You’re in my house. | 你在我的地盘上 |
[41:33] | What if our houses were the same? | 如果我们的拥有的是同一块地盘呢 |
[41:36] | Oh, now. You’re moving pretty fast. | 现在 你速度颇快啊 |
[41:38] | I told you, my wife’s the jealous type. | 我说过了 我老婆很爱吃醋的 |
[41:42] | You offered a merger once. | 你提过一次合并 |
[41:44] | Let’s settle these cases, get it done. | 我们和解了这些案子 就合并 |
[41:49] | You hate him that much? | 你那么恨他吗 |
[41:50] | Yes or no? | 要还是不要 |
[41:53] | Here’s the problem. | 问题是这样的 |
[41:54] | Merger looked good before, | 之前合并看起来很不错 |
[41:55] | but now we have you on the ropes. | 但是现在我们让你们命悬一线 |
[41:58] | So when Pearson whatever goes under, | 所以当皮尔逊什么的破产了 |
[42:02] | we’ll pick up the pieces for free. | 我们就能免费拾遗 |
[42:04] | You do not have us on the ropes. | 你并没有让我们命悬一线 |
[42:06] | You’ll get it tomorrow. | 明天你就知道了 |
[42:08] | We’re filing to try seven different cases | 我们将会在七个司法管辖区内 |
[42:10] | in seven different jurisdictions all at the same time. | 同时提出七个不同案件 |
[42:13] | – Rocket Docket. – Yeah. | -高效办案 -没错 |
[42:16] | It was Daniel’s idea. | 这是丹尼尔的主意 |
[42:19] | He’ll see you in court. | 他会和你在法庭见 |