时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:01] | I get Ava Hessington acquitted… | 我证明艾娃·海辛顿无罪 |
[00:03] | Darby backs me for managing partner. | 达比支持我当经营合伙人 |
[00:05] | I don’t want it anymore. | 我不想接受了 |
[00:06] | Get out of my sight. | 你赶快从我眼前消失 |
[00:07] | You called Mariga. | 你给马里加打电话了 |
[00:08] | To offer him a bribe. | 提出贿赂他 |
[00:09] | Doesn’t matter. | 无所谓了 |
[00:10] | Dennis never had him in the first place. | 丹尼斯根本就没找到马里加上校 |
[00:11] | But he does now. | 但现在找到了 |
[00:12] | You’re saying he traced my call? | 你是说他追踪了我的电话 |
[00:15] | You’re suing me for ownership of Mikado. | 你为了米卡度的所有权起诉我 |
[00:17] | He said he might as well have left his cat | 他说他还不如把猫 |
[00:20] | with Michael Vick. | 交给迈克尔·维克 |
[00:22] | I’m offering you a settlement. | 我现在提出一个协议 |
[00:23] | You get back the associates. | 你重新掌管律师们 |
[00:25] | I get back my cat. | 但要把猫还给我 |
[00:27] | Clifford Danner. He was 18. | 克利福德·丹纳当时十八岁 |
[00:28] | I put him in jail 12 years ago. | 十二年前 我控他入狱 |
[00:30] | He’s innocent. | 他是清白的 |
[00:31] | Cameron buried the evidence. | 卡梅隆掩盖了证据 |
[00:33] | Emmanuel Mariga 20 years ago | 这是伊曼纽尔·马里加二十年前 |
[00:34] | at the University of Cape Town. | 在开普敦大学的照片 |
[00:36] | He was on the rugby team. | 他是英式橄榄球队队员 |
[00:37] | You know who else played rugby? | 你知道还有谁也打英式橄榄球吗 |
[00:38] | Stephen Huntley. | 史蒂芬·亨特利 |
[00:39] | Stephen was the one who ordered those killings. | 史蒂芬才是下令杀人的幕后黑手 |
[00:41] | I’m so sorry, Harvey. | 我很抱歉 哈维 |
[00:56] | Tell me he looks worse. | 告诉我他看起来更惨 |
[00:59] | He does. | 必须的 |
[01:02] | Are you hurt? | 痛吗 |
[01:04] | No, I’m fine. | 不 没事 |
[01:08] | I hope you didn’t do that because of me. | 希望你不是因为我才这么做的 |
[01:10] | It was a fight, Donna, not a duel. | 打架而已 唐娜 又不是决斗 |
[01:15] | – How could I not have– – Listen to me. | -我怎么会… -听我说 |
[01:18] | Stephen betrayed us all. | 史蒂芬背叛了我们所有人 |
[01:21] | You don’t understand, Harvey. | 你不明白 哈维 |
[01:23] | I was with him. | 我当时和他在一起 |
[01:26] | And he was capable of something like that, | 他能干出这种事 |
[01:28] | and I didn’t even see it. | 我却毫不知情 |
[01:30] | – You know, I’m supposed to– – Donna! | -我应该… -唐娜 |
[01:34] | It’s okay. | 没事的 |
[01:37] | Just tell me you’re gonna make him pay. | 告诉我你会让他付出代价的 |
[01:40] | He’ll pay. | 会的 |
[01:50] | Let’s not talk about it. | 什么都别说 |
[01:53] | Talk about what? | 说什么 |
[01:56] | What do you need me to do? | 你要我做什么 |
[01:57] | I need you to keep going with everything you have | 我要你继续追查手头资料 |
[01:59] | to impeach Mariga’s testimony. | 推翻马里加的证词 |
[02:01] | What about the stuff on Stephen? | 那史蒂芬那边呢 |
[02:02] | – Not yet. – Why not? | -按兵不动 -为什么 |
[02:04] | Because we don’t have proof. | 因为我们没有证据 |
[02:05] | The trial’s in two days. | 庭审就在两天后 |
[02:06] | We should bring Ava in and tell her– | 我们应该请艾娃过来告诉她… |
[02:08] | – Not yet. – Why not? | -先不要 -为什么 |
[02:09] | Because we don’t have proof. | 因为我们没有证据 |
[02:10] | Harvey, we have to do something. | 哈维 我们总得有所行动吧 |
[02:11] | And how would that conversation go? | 要怎么说 |
[02:12] | “Hi, Ava, turns out one of the lawyers from our firm | 艾娃 看来我们律所的一位律师 |
[02:15] | is trying to frame you for a crime he committed.” | 想把他犯下的罪行诬陷给你 |
[02:17] | “But right now we’re not sure we can do anything about it.” | 但现在我们可能束手无策 |
[02:20] | What are you gonna do? | 你准备怎么做 |
[02:20] | I’m gonna go home, get a good night’s sleep, | 我准备回家好好睡上一觉 |
[02:22] | and then tomorrow I’m gonna find out | 明早再弄清楚 |
[02:24] | what the whole story is. | 整件事的来龙去脉 |
[02:25] | Harvey, Stephen isn’t gonna tell you | 哈维 史蒂芬可不会告诉你 |
[02:26] | what the whole story is. | 整件事的来龙去脉 |
[02:27] | No, but there’s someone else who can. | 他是不会 但有别人会 |
[02:32] | You knew this case was heading your way | 在你来找我们之前 |
[02:33] | before you ever came after us. | 就知道这案子会找上你 |
[02:35] | That’s why you wanted to merge. | 所以你才要合并 |
[02:37] | Yes, it is. | 没错 |
[02:38] | And I regret the situation as much as you do. | 我跟你们一样对此局面深表遗憾 |
[02:40] | But what’s done is done. | 但木已成舟 |
[02:41] | Is that what you told Stephen when you found out he did it? | 你得知史蒂芬的所作所为之后也这么说吗 |
[02:43] | Found out? | 得知 |
[02:45] | How do we know he didn’t order it? | 谁知道是不是他下的令 |
[02:46] | Because I am giving you my word. | 我向你们保证 不是我 |
[02:48] | Why should we trust a man who sent Stephen over here | 我们凭什么相信一个派史蒂芬过来 |
[02:50] | to cover his ass? | 擦屁股的人 |
[02:51] | I sent Stephen over here because I care about Ava, | 我派史蒂芬过来是因为我关心艾娃 |
[02:55] | which is why I sent him to the E.I.R. in the first place. | 也正是如此我当初才派他去处理环境影响调查 |
[02:58] | I had no idea he would do what he did, | 我不知道他会做出这种事 |
[03:00] | and I have been trying to fix it ever since. | 自那之后我也一直想拨乱反正 |
[03:02] | – Then fix it right now. – And how exactly can I do that? | -那就现在处理好 -怎么处理 |
[03:05] | By stating in court | 在法庭上直言 |
[03:06] | Stephen acted alone without Ava’s knowledge. | 是史蒂芬背着艾娃下令杀人 |
[03:09] | – I can’t. – Why not? | -不行 -为什么 |
[03:10] | Because he never told me. | 因为他从没亲口跟我说过 |
[03:12] | And you never asked because you never wanted to know. | 你从没问过 因为你从来不想知道 |
[03:15] | You piece of shit. | 你个杂碎 |
[03:17] | You care about Ava so much. | 你这么关心艾娃 |
[03:19] | How could you do this to her? | 怎么能这么对她 |
[03:20] | I wasn’t doing anything to her. | 我没对她怎么样 |
[03:23] | I was trying to do something for her. | 我本想为她做些事 |
[03:25] | Remind me never to ask you for any favors. | 提醒我千万别请你帮忙 |
[03:29] | Well, I’m not asking for a favor. | 这不是请你帮忙 |
[03:31] | But you are going to agree to do something right now. | 你现在得答应做些事 |
[03:34] | And what is that? | 什么事 |
[03:44] | It’s not gonna work. | 没用的 |
[03:47] | I cut you off to get your attention. | 为了引起你的注意 我把电话线切断了 |
[03:52] | Well, you have it. | 我注意到你了 |
[03:54] | Good, ’cause I just have one question for you. | 很好 我就想问你一个问题 |
[03:57] | How can you live with yourself? | 你怎么对得住自己的良心 |
[03:59] | – What? – You know what? | -什么 -我跟你说 |
[04:00] | I don’t have any questions for you. | 我没什么要问的 |
[04:01] | I just came in here to let you know that you make me sick. | 我只是过来告诉你 你让我恶心 |
[04:04] | Obviously I hurt you, Donna, | 显然我伤害了你 唐娜 |
[04:06] | and I never meant to do that. | 我也不想的 |
[04:08] | Oh, you didn’t hurt me. | 你没伤害我 |
[04:10] | You just made me somebody who slept with a murderer. | 你只是把我变成了一个跟杀人凶手上床的人 |
[04:12] | Murderer? | 杀人凶手 |
[04:15] | I don’t know what you think you know, | 我不知道你自以为了解什么 |
[04:17] | but those people that were killed were terrorists. | 那些被杀的人都是恐怖分子 |
[04:20] | They were people… | 他们只是些 |
[04:21] | who lived on top of something that you wanted. | 阻碍你达成目的的人 |
[04:23] | People who had guns– murderers, Donna. | 他们都是持枪的凶手 唐娜 |
[04:26] | Now, if you’re so appalled by how business is done, | 这些处事手段让你这么震惊的话 |
[04:28] | may I suggest that you return | 我建议你把那些 |
[04:30] | all of your designer clothes that you look so ravishing in, | 将你衬托得美艳动人的名牌衣服都退回去 |
[04:33] | because they’re paid for | 因为那是你用 |
[04:35] | by the dirty work this firm does. | 这家律所赚的肮脏钱买的 |
[04:37] | We don’t kill people. | 我们不会杀人 |
[04:38] | You mean chemical companies that Harvey represents | 你是说哈维代表的化学公司 |
[04:41] | or car companies that Harvey defends? | 还是他辩护的汽车公司 |
[04:43] | How about insurance providers whose claims he helps deny? | 抑或是他帮忙驳回索赔的保险公司 |
[04:47] | – Don’t bring him into this. – He’s always been in this. | -别把他扯进来 -他一直这么干 |
[04:50] | You know what? I’ve had enough of this. | 我告诉你 我受够了 |
[04:51] | I didn’t really cut off your shit to get your attention. | 我切断电话线不是为了引起你的注意 |
[04:54] | I cut it off because you don’t need it anymore. | 而是因为你再也不需要了 |
[04:59] | You’re fired. | 你被炒了 |
[05:01] | Darby would never allow that. | 达比不会允许的 |
[05:03] | Edward Darby signed your pink slip an hour ago. | 爱德华·达比一小时前签了你的解雇通知书 |
[05:45] | 2 months 5 days and 13 hours under Nigel’s tutelage | 在奈杰尔指导的两个月零五天又十三小时中 |
[05:47] | this is what you have to show for it? | 你就这么点长进吗 |
[05:49] | That’s over 20 motions. | 那可是二十多份动议书 |
[05:51] | 20 dog shits. | 二十份狗屎 |
[05:53] | Did you get this out of a Grisham novel? | 你这是从格里森姆的小说里抄的吗 |
[05:54] | Because that’s fiction. | 这也太假了 |
[05:56] | And you… | 而你 |
[05:57] | My mother can get this motion thrown out. | 我妈妈都能写好这份动议书 |
[05:59] | And you–well, you’re gone anyway in two days. | 还有你 反正你两天后也得走人 |
[06:01] | Listen up, people. | 听好了 大伙儿 |
[06:03] | I’ve reviewed your work in my absence. | 我检查了我不在时你们的工作 |
[06:06] | And guess what. | 你们猜怎么着 |
[06:07] | It’s pathetic. | 真可悲啊 |
[06:09] | Every stinking one of you should get down on your knees | 你们这些贱人全该双膝跪下 |
[06:12] | and thank god and me | 感谢上苍和我 |
[06:14] | for letting you continue to exist in our kingdoms. | 还能让你们留在这家律所 |
[06:19] | Louis, what was that about? What’s going on? | 路易 火气怎么那么大 怎么了 |
[06:21] | It was about me letting these assholes know who’s in charge. | 我在让那些混蛋搞清楚谁才是老大 |
[06:23] | They know you’re in charge. | 他们都知道你是老大 |
[06:25] | – They put you in charge. – They didn’t put me in shit. | -是他们推选的你 -他们推选我个屁 |
[06:27] | They sat there in judgment while my character got ripped apart, | 我的人格被强奸时 他们就坐在那品头论足 |
[06:30] | and not one of them lifted a single finger to help. | 连想帮忙的念头都没有 |
[06:32] | They ruled in your favor. They chose you over Nigel. | 他们判你胜诉 他们选择了你 而非奈杰尔 |
[06:34] | No, they made me give up Mikado for them. | 不 因为他们我才失去了米卡度 |
[06:39] | Okay, you’re displacing your anger over Mikado onto them. | 你在把失去米卡度的怒火撒在他们身上 |
[06:43] | They didn’t put you in this position. | 这又不是他们的错 |
[06:46] | It’s not fair. | 这不公平 |
[06:48] | You’re right. | 你说的对 |
[06:49] | They didn’t put me in this position, | 这不是他们的错 |
[06:52] | But I know who did. | 我知道这是谁的错 |
[06:53] | Goddamn Darby. | 该死的达比 |
[06:54] | Unleashes his dog, leaves us to clean up the mess. | 放出了他的狗 然后让我们来擦屁股 |
[06:56] | We can still go after Mariga in court. | 我们仍然可以在法庭上讯问马里加 |
[06:58] | I mean, he’s an admitted murderer | 他为了自保而达成协议 |
[06:59] | who cut a deal to save his life. | 对谋杀供认不讳 |
[07:01] | Wait a second. | 等一下 |
[07:02] | That deal is only good if he’s telling the truth. | 只有说出实情 协议才有效 |
[07:04] | We can’t go after him with the truth on the stand. | 等他出庭了我们就没法问出实情了 |
[07:06] | Maybe, but we can go after him with the truth not on the stand. | 或许吧 但我们可以在庭外讯问他 |
[07:09] | Cameron would have to be willing to listen. | 卡梅伦必须得愿意听 |
[07:11] | Then I better get him to listen. | 我负责说服他 |
[07:12] | And I better go after Mariga. | 那我去找马里加 |
[07:14] | – And change your clothes. – What? Why? | -换身行头 -什么 为什么 |
[07:16] | If they see a lawyer within 20 yards of that lobby, | 如果他们在二十码的范围内发现一名律师 |
[07:18] | they’ll lock the place down. | 他们就会把那里封锁掉 |
[07:53] | Oh, you’re not room service. | 你不是客房服务啊 |
[07:54] | No, I’m not, but… | 不 我不是 但… |
[07:56] | I do need to talk to Colonel Mariga. | 我很想跟马里加上校谈谈 |
[07:58] | And I need to stop paying alimony to my cheating ex-wife, | 我还很想不给我那出轨的前妻赡养费呢 |
[08:01] | but that’s not going to happen. | 但那是不可能的 |
[08:02] | If you let me in, maybe I can make that happen. | 如果你让我进去 我也许能帮你实现 |
[08:05] | And how the hell are you gonna make that happen? | 你又怎么能办到呢 |
[08:07] | I’m a lawyer. | 我是名律师 |
[08:10] | You don’t look like a lawyer to me. | 你看上去可不像个律师 |
[08:11] | Okay. All right. You got me. | 好吧 被你识破了 |
[08:12] | Look, I’m not– I’m not a lawyer. | 我不是律师 |
[08:15] | In fact, between you and me, I’m a complete fraud. | 别告诉别人 实际上 我是个冒牌的 |
[08:17] | But what I am is Colonel Mariga’s cousin. | 但我其实是马里加上校的堂弟 |
[08:23] | On his mother’s side. | 他妈妈那边的亲戚 |
[08:25] | – All right. – Okay, all right! | -够了 -好吧 好吧 |
[08:26] | All right, you don’t believe me? | 你不相信我 |
[08:27] | That’s fine. Just do me a favor, okay? | 那好 帮我一个忙 行吗 |
[08:30] | Give him this photo of him and my uncle Stephen. | 我这有张他与我叔叔史蒂芬的合照 |
[08:35] | Then let him decide if he wants to talk to me. | 递给他 让他做决定 |
[08:39] | Louis, how did you get in here? | 路易 你是怎么进来的 |
[08:40] | I told them I was your uncle. | 我跟他们说我是你叔叔 |
[08:41] | Though how they could believe that we share | 不过我很纳闷他们为何会相信 |
[08:42] | the same DNA is beyond me. | 咱俩有着相同的遗传基因 |
[08:44] | This is about your trial, isn’t it? | 是因为庭审的事吧 |
[08:46] | You’re goddamn right it is! | 你说的太他妈对了 |
[08:47] | Why the hell would you do that to me? | 你他妈为什么要背叛我 |
[08:48] | I had no choice. I was subpoenaed. | 我别无选择 我收到传票了 |
[08:50] | It was a mock trial. You could have refused. | 那只是模拟法庭 你可以拒绝的 |
[08:53] | What do you want from me, Louis? | 你到底想怎么样 路易 |
[08:54] | I want to yell at you! | 我想朝你吼 |
[08:55] | Well, you can’t do that anymore– you fired me. | 你再也不能朝我吼了 你把我炒了 |
[08:58] | Is that what this whole thing was all about? | 这就是一切的缘由吗 |
[08:59] | You’re damn right it was. And you want to know the truth? | 你说的太他妈对了 你想知道真相吗 |
[09:01] | When I found out about your stupid trial, | 当我听说了那场愚蠢的庭审 |
[09:03] | I called Nigel and volunteered. | 我打给奈杰尔主动请缨 |
[09:05] | How dare you? | 你怎么敢 |
[09:07] | Me firing you was business. | 我炒了你是公事公办 |
[09:09] | You bringing up the death of my cat, | 你提起我的爱猫之死 |
[09:10] | that was personal. | 完全是公报私仇 |
[09:12] | You made me take care of that stupid cat. | 你命令我照看你的蠢猫 |
[09:14] | I’m allergic. It could have killed me. | 我对猫过敏 可能会害死我的 |
[09:16] | And when that cat did die, | 而且那只猫死掉的时候 |
[09:18] | not only did you never tell me that it wasn’t my fault, | 你不仅没对我说”这不是你的错” |
[09:20] | you then fired me in front of my very best friend. | 还当着我挚友的面 把我给炒了 |
[09:23] | If that’s not personal, then I don’t know what is. | 难道这还不算公报私仇吗 |
[09:26] | Now get the hell out of my office. | 立刻滚出我的办公室 |
[09:29] | I will. | 我会的 |
[09:31] | But before I do, | 但在那之前 |
[09:34] | I have some personal news for you | 我知道一些小秘密 |
[09:36] | about how your firing really went down. | 能够解开你被开除的真实经过 |
[09:42] | Ah, I love this. We’d just won the championship. | 我喜欢这张照片 我们当时刚刚赢得了冠军 |
[09:46] | Might I get a copy? | 能给我一张吗 |
[09:47] | Yeah, I’ll get one framed for you. | 我会装裱一份给你的 |
[09:49] | You can look at it in the ten minutes | 在你受刑前的十分钟 |
[09:50] | before they put you to death. | 你可以一直看着它 |
[09:52] | The photograph proves nothing. | 照片证明不了什么 |
[09:55] | Trust me, there’s a whole lot more where that came from. | 相信我 我们还有很多类似的证据 |
[09:58] | We know all about the ties between you and Stephen. | 你和史蒂芬的关系我们全都知道了 |
[10:01] | Then bring them up. | 那就呈到台面上 |
[10:02] | But I made a deal to testify against Ava, | 但我答应他要指证艾娃 |
[10:04] | and that is what I’m going to do. | 这件事丝毫不会改变 |
[10:05] | No, you made a deal to put away | 不 你答应的是要供出 |
[10:07] | the person responsible for ordering these killings, | 指使杀人的幕后黑手 |
[10:09] | and I suggest you do that while you still can. | 我建议你能指证真凶 以免为时已晚 |
[10:11] | Young man… | 年轻人… |
[10:13] | if your intention is to shake my testimony, | 如果你想让我改变证言 |
[10:15] | that is not going to happen. | 那是不可能发生的事 |
[10:16] | It doesn’t need to happen, | 根本不需要发生 |
[10:18] | ’cause once we prove that you’re lying about Ava, | 一旦我们证明你对艾娃的事撒谎 |
[10:21] | Cameron Dennis is going to cancel your deal, | 卡梅隆·丹尼斯就会取消协议 |
[10:23] | and you’re gonna come to me begging for help. | 而你就会向我乞求帮助 |
[10:28] | Do you think you’re the scariest man | 你以为你是我面对过的 |
[10:30] | I’ve ever sat across from? | 最可怕的对手吗 |
[10:32] | I know you’re not scared of me. | 我知道你不怕我 |
[10:34] | But you are scared of your own people, | 但你应该怕自己人 |
[10:37] | and you should be, | 你确实该害怕 |
[10:39] | because you and I both know | 因为你我都清楚 |
[10:40] | they’re gonna kill you the minute you get back. | 你一回去他们就会杀掉你 |
[10:42] | That I know Stephen doesn’t mean I’m lying about Ava. | 我认识史蒂芬不代表我对艾娃的事撒谎 |
[10:45] | But you are. | 但你撒谎了 |
[10:46] | Ah, and you can see into my soul. | 你能看穿我的灵魂 |
[10:48] | It doesn’t take a fortune teller to know you’re lying. | 不是算命师也能看出你在撒谎 |
[10:50] | And it doesn’t take one to know that if you had proof, | 谁都能轻易猜出 如果你们有证据 |
[10:53] | you wouldn’t be here talking to me. | 你就不会来找我了 |
[10:57] | So you’re not protecting Stephen out of principle. | 所以你并非是出于原则而保护史蒂芬 |
[11:00] | I’m not a man of principle. | 我不是个有原则的人 |
[11:02] | – I’m a man of expediency. – I get it. | -我是个懂得权宜的人 -我懂了 |
[11:05] | If you change your tune now, you’ll lose the deal you have. | 如果你改了证词 你现有的协议就会泡汤 |
[11:07] | Therefore, I prefer to– how do you say it– | 因此 我宁愿 你会怎么说 |
[11:11] | dance with the one who brought me. | 忠于利我之人 |
[11:19] | Harvey, what are you doing here? | 哈维 你来这做什么 |
[11:21] | Game time’s tomorrow. We got nothing to say. | 明天才开庭 我现在跟你无话可说 |
[11:23] | I’m here to help you. | 我是来帮你的 |
[11:24] | I don’t need your help. | 我不需要你的帮助 |
[11:26] | And you wouldn’t be here unless you need mine. | 除非你需要我的帮助 否则你不会在这儿 |
[11:28] | You’re wrong. | 你错了 |
[11:29] | I can help you do what you always said you’re all about– | 我可以帮你达成你总挂在口上的理想 |
[11:31] | putting bad guys away. | 把坏人关起来 |
[11:33] | You got a confession for me? | 你要对我忏悔吗 |
[11:35] | You’re going after the wrong person. | 你找错了人 |
[11:37] | You’re her lawyer. That’s what you would say. | 你是她的律师 自然会这么说 |
[11:38] | I’m not here as her lawyer. | 我现在并非以律师的身份说话 |
[11:40] | This isn’t a speech for a jury. | 这不是说给陪审团听的演讲 |
[11:42] | I’m here man-to-man to talk to the guy I used to know. | 我在跟我的老朋友进行一对一的谈话 |
[11:46] | All right. | 好吧 |
[11:46] | Talk. | 说吧 |
[11:47] | I know who really did this. | 我知道到底是谁做的 |
[11:49] | Then tell me who it is. | 那就告诉我吧 |
[11:51] | I need a guarantee | 我要你保证 |
[11:52] | you won’t use what I tell you against Ava. | 你不会用我告诉你的事来攻击艾娃 |
[11:54] | If you think I’m gonna guarantee you | 假如你认为我会向你保证 |
[11:55] | anything but a war tomorrow, | 除了明天的决战之外的任何事 |
[11:57] | You are sadly mistaken. | 你就犯了个可悲的错误 |
[11:59] | I can’t tell you who did it, | 我无法告诉你谁做了这件事 |
[12:00] | but somebody else can. | 但是另外一个人可以 |
[12:01] | Who? | 谁 |
[12:02] | Colonel Mariga. | 马里加上校 |
[12:05] | Are you kidding me? | 你在逗我玩吗 |
[12:07] | I’ve got the murder weapon. | 我已经找到了凶手 |
[12:09] | He says Ava Hessington pulled his trigger, | 而他说是艾娃·海辛顿下令让他杀人的 |
[12:11] | and you want me to have him change his story? | 但你却想要我让他改供词 |
[12:13] | He’s only pointing at Ava | 他指正艾娃的唯一原因是 |
[12:14] | because that’s what you want to hear. | 你想听他这么说 |
[12:16] | Change his deal, | 改下你和他的协议 |
[12:17] | he’ll tell you the truth. | 他就会告诉你真相了 |
[12:18] | He changes his story now, | 假如他现在改了自己的供词 |
[12:20] | anything he says | 那么他所说的 |
[12:20] | about anybody means shit. | 关于任何人的任何事都相当于放屁 |
[12:22] | It means shit in court, | 在法庭上是放屁 |
[12:23] | but if you are who you say you are, | 但是假如你是你自称的那种人 |
[12:25] | it should mean something to you. | 那么那些对你而言就应该有意义 |
[12:27] | You know what, Harvey? | 你知道吗 哈维 |
[12:29] | I believe that you believe she’s innocent, | 我相信你认为她是无辜的 |
[12:31] | and if you can convince me of that, | 并且假如你能说服我 |
[12:32] | I won’t go after her, | 我就不会盯着她不放了 |
[12:34] | but I’m not gonna guarantee | 但是在我听到之前 |
[12:35] | I won’t use what you say before I hear it. | 我不能保证我不会利用你告诉我的事情 |
[12:37] | You want me to just trust you? | 你想要我就这样相信你 |
[12:38] | That’s what you’re asking me. | 那正是你对我提出的要求 |
[12:39] | But if you think | 但假如你认为 |
[12:40] | that I’m gonna kneecap my star witness the day before the trial, | 我会在庭审的前一天打我星级证人的嘴巴 |
[12:45] | you are out of your mind. | 那你就是疯了 |
[12:50] | Harold, what’s up, man? | 哈罗德 最近如何啊兄弟 |
[12:52] | It’s good to see you. | 见到你真开心 |
[12:53] | I thought you were my friend. | 我还以为你是我朋友呢 |
[12:55] | I am. What the hell? | 我是啊 怎么回事 |
[12:56] | Friends don’t say they tried to save your job | 朋友才不会一边说自己试图帮你保住工作 |
[12:58] | when, really, they hung you out to dry. | 实际上却把你坑惨了 |
[13:01] | So it’s true. | 这么说来这是真的了 |
[13:02] | Look, Harold, I didn’t mean to– | 哈罗德 我不是故意 |
[13:04] | You know what? Save whatever bullshit explanation you have, | 省省你的狗屁解释吧 |
[13:05] | because I don’t want to hear it. | 因为我不想听 |
[13:07] | I’m not trying to give you a bullshit explanation. | 我没想着要给你什么狗屁解释 |
[13:08] | Because there is none. | 因为你没得解释 |
[13:09] | You got to choose between you and me, | 你得在你我之间做一个选择 |
[13:11] | And you chose yourself. | 然后你选了你自己 |
[13:13] | And then you lied to me about it. | 然后就此你还对我撒谎了 |
[13:14] | Yes, yes, Harold, I did. | 是的 哈罗德 我是这么做了 |
[13:15] | And then after I lied to you, | 但是在我向你撒谎之后 |
[13:16] | I got you a job at a huge, powerful firm. | 我帮你在一家有权有势的律所找了份工作 |
[13:19] | Yeah, you got me that job | 是啊 你帮我找了份工作 |
[13:20] | so I’d owe you one when the time came. | 所以我到时就会欠你个人情 |
[13:22] | I got you that job | 我帮你找了份工作 |
[13:23] | because I thought you deserved a second chance. | 是因为我觉得你理应拥有第二次机会 |
[13:25] | And then you came calling | 然后你又打电话找我 |
[13:26] | when you needed a lawsuit filed | 在你需要提交一份诉讼 |
[13:27] | to get rid of your witnesses in your murder trial. | 来摆脱你谋杀案庭审上的证人的时候 |
[13:29] | I trusted you with that lawsuit | 我在那起诉讼上信任你 |
[13:31] | because I thought you were a competent attorney. | 是因为我觉得你是一个诚挚的律师 |
[13:32] | And you were more than happy to take it. | 而且你当时很高兴的接受了 |
[13:35] | And that murder trial you just mentioned is about to start. | 而你刚刚说到的那个庭审马上就要开始了 |
[13:37] | So you can choose to be pissed off with me or move on. | 所以你可以选择对我发脾气或放眼向前 |
[13:39] | But right now I have a job to do. | 但现在 我还有工作要做 |
[13:48] | – Rachel. – Louis, what did you do? | -瑞秋 -路易 你干了什么 |
[13:50] | What do you mean? What is this? | 你什么意思 这是什么 |
[13:52] | Fairfield Computers is being sued. | 费尔菲尔德电脑公司被起诉了 |
[13:53] | How’s that my fault? | 这怎么成了我的错 |
[13:54] | Because they’re your client, | 因为他们是你的客户 |
[13:55] | and the attorney of record is Harold Gunderson. | 然后记录上写的律师是哈罗德·甘德森 |
[13:57] | He also sent a settlement offer. | 他同时还提供了一份和解协议 |
[14:00] | He wants to pick a fight with me. | 他想和我干一架 |
[14:02] | He’s gonna regret the day he was born. | 他会后悔自己出生在这个世上 |
[14:04] | Aren’t you the one who picked a fight with him? | 难道不是你找他干了一架吗 |
[14:06] | Rachel, whose side are you on? | 瑞秋 你是哪一边的 |
[14:08] | Don’t answer that question. | 别回答这个问题 |
[14:13] | You shouldn’t be here. | 你不应该在这儿 |
[14:14] | Stephen said that we’re no different than he is. | 斯蒂芬说过我们和他没什么不同 |
[14:18] | I need to see you show him that he’s wrong. | 我要看着你证明他错了 |
[14:20] | This isn’t his trial. It’s Ava’s. | 这不是他的庭审 这是艾娃的 |
[14:22] | You’re not gonna put him on the stand? | 你不打算让他出庭作证 |
[14:24] | You said you were gonna make him pay. | 你说过你会让他付出代价的 |
[14:25] | Donna, I will, but now is not the time. | 唐娜 我会的 但现在不是好时机 |
[14:28] | Then when? | 那什么时候才是 |
[14:29] | Because he killed people, | 因为他可是杀了人啊 |
[14:30] | and if we let him get away with it… | 假如我们让他逃脱了 |
[14:33] | then maybe we are no different than he is. | 那么说不定我们和他是没有什么不同了 |
[14:37] | Had these insurgents had their way, | 假如以这些造反者的方式 |
[14:39] | they would have blown up the pipeline. | 他们会炸掉油管的 |
[14:41] | Instead, Ms. Hessington retained a valuable asset, | 相反 海辛顿女士则保住了大量的资产 |
[14:44] | and I, in turn, was compensated for a job well done. | 而我 也因为做好自己的工作而受补偿 |
[14:47] | And this compensation came directly from Ava Hessington? | 这个补偿是直接来自艾娃·海辛顿吗 |
[14:51] | Yes. | 是的 |
[14:52] | She specifically directed you to kill people? | 她明确地指示你要你去杀人 |
[14:56] | Yes. | 是的 |
[14:58] | One more thing, Colonel Mariga– | 还有一件事 马里加上校 |
[14:59] | Do you and I have a deal | 我和你有做交易 |
[15:00] | for you to testify in exchange for a more lenient sentence? | 让你出庭作证以换取宽大处理吗 |
[15:05] | Yes. | 有的 |
[15:05] | And why should the jury believe | 那么陪审团为什么要相信 |
[15:07] | that you aren’t making this up to save yourself? | 你不是为了救自己一命而在此胡编乱造呢 |
[15:09] | Because if what I say to you proves to be a lie, | 因为假如我对你说的东西被证明是谎言 |
[15:12] | you’ll send me back home, | 你就会把我送回家 |
[15:14] | where I will be dead within minutes. | 在那里我马上就会被杀 |
[15:17] | No further questions. | 没有别的问题了 |
[15:23] | Ten minutes recess. | 休庭十分钟 |
[15:24] | Why didn’t you just jump right in there? | 你为什么不立刻反击 |
[15:26] | I get it– you read a book | 我懂了 你读了一本书 |
[15:27] | that says you don’t let the jury sit with things. | 上面说你不能让陪审团安于现状地坐着 |
[15:29] | The only problem is… | 唯一的问题是 |
[15:30] | we’re not inside of a book. | 我们不能纸上谈兵 |
[15:32] | And I don’t want to seem defensive. | 并且我不想看上去被动 |
[15:33] | Harvey, we still have a ton of shit to hit him with. | 哈维 我们还有一堆料可以用来打击他 |
[15:35] | Were you in there? | 你刚刚在里面吗 |
[15:36] | They’re buying what he saying. | 他们对他说的话很买账 |
[15:37] | Then we make them buy something else. | 那我们就让他们对其他的事情买账 |
[15:39] | We got a pair of aces. | 我们手中有一对A |
[15:40] | If the jury believes that Cameron’s got three of a kind, | 假如陪审团相信卡梅隆有三条三 |
[15:42] | we’re not gonna win. | 我们就赢不了了 |
[15:43] | We can’t go after Stephen. | 我们不能盯着斯蒂芬 |
[15:44] | Cameron won’t go after Ava | 卡梅隆不会盯着艾娃 |
[15:46] | if I can convince him it was Stephen. | 假如我能说服他斯蒂芬是凶手 |
[15:47] | – You went to Cameron? – Yes. | -你去找了卡梅隆 -是的 |
[15:49] | And you’re going to trust him? | 而且你还打算相信他 |
[15:50] | I’m not sure we have another choice. | 我不确定我们是否还有别的选择 |
[15:56] | If you’re thinking what I think you’re thinking, | 假如你们在想我认为你们在想的事 |
[15:58] | don’t. | 别想了 |
[15:59] | I’m thinking I’d like to rip your face off. | 我在想我很乐意把你的脸撕下来 |
[16:01] | You get Mariga to point the finger at me, | 你让马里加指证我的话 |
[16:02] | I will point it straight at Ava. | 我会直接指证艾娃 |
[16:04] | Stephen, Jessica doesn’t respond well to threats. | 斯蒂芬 杰西卡可不会乖乖地被威胁 |
[16:07] | Well, I don’t make threats. | 我不威胁人 |
[16:09] | I give warnings. | 我只是给予警告 |
[16:11] | You’ve been warned. | 你们被警告了 |
[16:19] | Mr. Specter… | 斯佩克特先生 |
[16:21] | I have no questions for Colonel Mariga, Your Honor, | 我没问题要问马里加上校了 法官大人 |
[16:24] | but I’d like to call a rebuttal witness. | 但我想传唤一名反驳证人 |
[16:26] | Harvey, come on, you know what he’s gonna say. | 哈维 拜托 你知道他会说什么的 |
[16:28] | I don’t care what he’s gonna say. | 我不在乎他要说什么 |
[16:29] | He’s talking to the jury. I’m talking to Cameron Dennis. | 他对陪审团说 我对卡梅隆·丹尼斯说 |
[16:32] | The defense calls Stephen Huntley to the stand. | 辩方传唤史蒂芬·亨特利作证 |
[16:36] | What has Stephen Huntley got to do with this? | 斯蒂芬和这件事有什么关系 |
[16:39] | Harvey knows what he’s doing. | 哈维知道他做了什么 |
[16:40] | This is what you wanted to sell me– | 这就是你想供给我的 |
[16:41] | a lawyer from your own goddamn firm? | 一个你自己律所的律师 |
[16:43] | You want to put away the bad guy? | 你想把坏人绳之以法 |
[16:44] | I’m about to hand him to you on a silver platter. | 我马上就要把他打包好交给你了 |
[16:47] | Mr. Huntley, | 亨特利先生 |
[16:48] | did you work at the law firm headed by Edward Darby last year? | 你去年是在爱德华·达比的律所工作吗 |
[16:53] | Yes. | 是的 |
[16:54] | Did Mr. Darby ask you to solve any problems for Hessington Oil | 达比先生有没有让你去解决海辛顿石油 |
[16:58] | regarding their pipeline in the E.I.R.? | 在环境影响报告中的管道问题 |
[17:00] | I decline to answer under my Fifth Amendment rights. | 根据第五修正案的权利 我拒绝回答 |
[17:03] | The right against self-incrimination. | 反对自我控告的权利 |
[17:05] | How long have you known Colonel Mariga? | 你认识马里加上校多久了 |
[17:06] | I decline to answer. | 我拒绝回答 |
[17:08] | Is it true that you went to school with him | 你曾经和他在开普敦大学一起念书 |
[17:09] | at the University of Cape Town? | 这是真的吗 |
[17:11] | I decline to answer. | 我拒绝回答 |
[17:12] | Well, let me refresh your memory. | 让我帮你回忆一下 |
[17:13] | You were teammates on a championship rugby team. | 你们曾是橄榄球队的队友 |
[17:15] | Objection. Counsel is testifying. | 反对 律师在自己作证 |
[17:17] | The witness is hostile, your honor. | 证人对我心怀敌意 法官大人 |
[17:18] | Hostile? They work at the same law firm. | 敌意 他们在同一家事务所工作 |
[17:21] | He was fired yesterday. | 他昨天被解雇了 |
[17:22] | Gentlemen, approach. | 先生们 过来一下 |
[17:27] | He’s making things up to create reasonable doubt. | 他在捏造事实混淆视听 |
[17:29] | I’m bringing things up, so you’ll see the truth. | 我在提出事实 这样你就能看到真相 |
[17:32] | The only thing tying Ava to this is Mariga’s testimony. | 涉及到艾娃的只有马里加的证词 |
[17:34] | You only have Mariga because you tapped Stephen’s phone. | 你找到马里加是因为窃听史蒂芬的电话 |
[17:37] | That’s a ridiculous accusation. | 这是个荒唐的控诉 |
[17:38] | Cameron, please. | 卡梅隆 拜托 |
[17:40] | Why did he call him? How did he call him? | 他为什么打给他 他是怎么打给他的 |
[17:42] | Enough. | 够了 |
[17:44] | You’re on a short leash, Mr. Specter. | 你被束缚了 斯佩克特先生 |
[17:46] | The gentleman invoked his rights. | 那位先生有他的权利 |
[17:53] | Mr. Huntley, did you meet with your old friend | 亨特利先生 你有没有 |
[17:56] | Emmanuel Mariga and direct him | 在艾娃·海辛顿毫不知情的情况下 |
[17:58] | to kill the opponent of Hessington Oil’s pipeline | 和你的老朋友伊曼纽尔·马里加见面 |
[18:01] | without Ava Hessington’s knowledge? | 并让他杀了反对海辛顿石油铺设管道的人 |
[18:04] | I decline to answer. | 我拒绝回答 |
[18:08] | I have no further questions. | 我没有问题了 |
[18:09] | Mr. Dennis, do you have any questions? | 丹尼斯先生 你有问题吗 |
[18:13] | Mr. Dennis. | 丹尼斯先生 |
[18:21] | Mr. Huntley, until you were let go, | 亨特利先生 直到你被解雇之前 |
[18:23] | you worked at the same firm as Mr. Specter, correct? | 你和斯佩克特先生在同一家公司工作对吗 |
[18:26] | Yes. | 是的 |
[18:28] | And his job today is to give this jury | 而他今天的工作是让陪审团 |
[18:31] | cause to doubt that his client is the murderer? | 认为他的客户不是杀人犯 |
[18:35] | – Yes. – In your experience… | -是的 -根据你的经验 |
[18:37] | Is pointing the finger at someone else | 针对另外的某个人是个 |
[18:40] | a good strategy? | 好策略吗 |
[18:41] | It can be an excellent strategy. | 那会是个很好的策略 |
[18:44] | And why do you think that Mr. Specter | 那么你认为斯佩克特先生 |
[18:46] | is pointing the finger at you? | 为什么会针对你 |
[18:48] | Well, maybe it has something to do with the fact | 也许是因为几周前 |
[18:50] | that a few weeks ago Ms. Hessington approached me | 海辛顿女士找到我 |
[18:53] | and asked me to bribe witnesses | 要我去贿赂 |
[18:54] | who were about to testify against her, | 那些要指证她的目击者 |
[18:56] | and I refused. | 而我拒绝了她 |
[18:57] | And if you think I’m lying under oath, | 如果你觉得我在宣誓后撒谎 |
[18:59] | then, please, ask Mr. Specter. | 那请去问问斯佩克特先生 |
[19:02] | He knows that’s the truth. | 他知道那是事实 |
[19:04] | And a woman who bribes witnesses against her | 而一个贿赂指证她的目击者的女人 |
[19:06] | is not innocent. | 不会是无辜的 |
[19:08] | Objection. | 反对 |
[19:08] | Withdrawn. One last thing. | 撤回 最后一件事 |
[19:11] | Did the defendant ask you to arrange a meeting | 被告有没有让你安排 |
[19:14] | with Colonel Mariga where she she would pay him | 跟马里加上校的会面 |
[19:16] | millions of dollars in exchange for… | 以便她用几百万美元让他 |
[19:20] | killing opponents of her pipeline? | 杀害那些反对她铺设管道的人 |
[19:22] | I decline to answer. | 我拒绝回答 |
[19:24] | Can’t blame a guy for trying. | 我努力了 |
[19:27] | No further questions. | 没有问题了 |
[19:37] | Is Stephen Huntley involved in all this | 史蒂芬·亨特利跟他刚才 |
[19:40] | some kind of stunt like he just told the jury it was? | 跟陪审团说的那些破事真有关系吗 |
[19:49] | He ordered the killings. | 是他下令杀人的 |
[19:51] | – Why didn’t you tell me? – We didn’t have proof. | -你们为什么没告诉我 -我们没有证据 |
[19:54] | Why would you put that man on the stand? | 你们为什么要让他坐上证人席 |
[19:57] | It was a calculated risk. | 那是计算过的风险 |
[19:59] | You took a calculated risk with my life without telling me. | 你们用我的人生冒险却没有告诉我 |
[20:05] | I’m sorry. | 对不起 |
[20:16] | You screwed me. | 你骗了我 |
[20:18] | I said I wouldn’t go after her | 我说过如果你让我信服我就 |
[20:20] | if you convinced me. You didn’t convince me. | 放过她 你没有让我信服 |
[20:21] | Then take a recess instead of twisting everything he said. | 然后就申请休庭而不是歪曲他的话 |
[20:24] | I’m not gonna let the jury sit with that shit. | 我不会让陪审团坐在那儿听他废话 |
[20:26] | And thank God I didn’t. | 谢天谢地我也没有那么做 |
[20:28] | Otherwise, I would have found out | 另外 我可能已经发现了 |
[20:29] | that she tried to bribe witnesses | 她试图贿赂目击者 |
[20:31] | and you kept it from me. | 而你没有告诉我 |
[20:32] | It had nothing to do with the murders. | 那跟谋杀没有任何关系 |
[20:34] | That’s funny– when I kept things from you | 真有意思 当我瞒着你那些 |
[20:36] | that had nothing to do with other murders, | 跟其他谋杀案没有任何关系的事时 |
[20:37] | you called me a criminal. | 你说我是罪人 |
[20:38] | Well, that ended up with you | 但那次的结果是 |
[20:39] | putting an innocent person in prison. | 你把一个无辜的人送进了监狱 |
[20:41] | And now you’re doing it again. | 现在你要重蹈覆辙 |
[20:42] | Oh, don’t give me that shit. | 别跟我胡扯 |
[20:43] | Stephen Huntley is up to his goddamn neck in this, | 史蒂芬·亨特利参与了这件事 |
[20:46] | and you know it. | 你知道的 |
[20:47] | So he just goes around killing his clients’ enemies | 他就那么背着他的客户杀掉 |
[20:50] | behind their backs? | 他们的敌人吗 |
[20:51] | I don’t think so. | 我不这么认为 |
[20:52] | You want corroboration? Ask Mariga. | 你想要证明吗 去问马里加 |
[20:55] | I just did. | 我刚刚问过 |
[20:56] | And he answered me in open court. | 他在法庭上回答了我 |
[20:58] | And I’m not putting an innocent woman away. | 我不是在把一个无辜的女人送进监狱 |
[21:00] | – I’m doing my job. – Cameron… | -我在履行我的职责 -卡梅隆 |
[21:01] | Lawyers killing people? | 律师杀人 |
[21:04] | That’s a hell of a firm you got your name on, Harvey. | 那就是挂着你名字的好公司 哈维 |
[21:07] | You must be proud to have left the D.A.’s office for that. | 你离开检察官办公室去那里一定非常自豪 |
[21:13] | Let’s do racquetball, James. | 一起打球吧 詹姆斯 |
[21:16] | Again? Louis, you were supposed to be waiting | 又来了 路易 你应该 |
[21:18] | – in the conference… – I don’t wait for anyone. | -在会议室等着 -我从不等人 |
[21:19] | And you don’t sue me. | 而且你不能告我 |
[21:21] | Yes, I do. | 我可以 |
[21:22] | Because I realized I now work at a huge firm, | 因为我意识到我现在在一家大公司工作 |
[21:25] | and I have the power to do this to you. | 而且我有能力这么对你 |
[21:26] | Now, we can negotiate a settlement, | 现在我们可以协商和解 |
[21:28] | unless, of course, you don’t think you can handle me. | 当然 除非你觉得你没法解决我 |
[21:30] | Do you really want to embarrass yourself | 你真的想在你妈妈的注视下 |
[21:31] | with your mother watching? | 让自己尴尬吗 |
[21:33] | It kills you that they don’t ban us having pictures | 他们不像你一样禁止我们把母亲的照片 |
[21:35] | of our mothers, like you did, doesn’t it? | 摆在这儿 这让你很难受对吗 |
[21:37] | A man is judged by the photos he displays. | 人们会以一个人摆的照片来评价他 |
[21:39] | You have a photo of yourself. | 你有一张自己的照片 |
[21:41] | And now you’re making my point for me. | 现在你在证明我的观点 |
[21:44] | You don’t intimidate me anymore, Louis. | 你不能再威胁我了 路易 |
[21:47] | Really? I know you, Harold. | 真的吗 我了解你 哈罗德 |
[21:50] | I know that you gargle before meetings that make you nervous. | 我知道你在参加让你紧张的会面前会漱口 |
[21:54] | And I…smell…mint. | 而且我 闻到了 薄荷味 |
[21:58] | -I… – We don’t agree to paragraph three | -我 -我们不同意第三段 |
[22:01] | – or four. – I need to have four. | -和第四段 -我需要第四段 |
[22:02] | Or seven through ten. | 还有第七段到第十段 |
[22:03] | My mo–my client won’t stand for that. | 我妈 我的客户不会同意的 |
[22:06] | Your client will stand for whatever the hell I give them! | 你的客户会同意我给他们的任何东西 |
[22:10] | Please, can I have nine? | 拜托 我能留着第九段吗 |
[22:18] | You know what? I’ll give you nine… | 你知道吗 我会给你第九段 |
[22:20] | Because it’s meaningless, | 因为它毫无意义 |
[22:21] | and I want it to tell all the other paragraphs | 然后我会让它 |
[22:22] | out there what happens | 告诉剩下的几段 |
[22:24] | when Harold Gunderson goes after Louis Litt. | 在你和我谈判的时候发生了什么 |
[22:26] | That doesn’t make any sense. | 那没有任何意义啊 |
[22:28] | Haven’t you ever seen a mob movie? | 你没看过暴力电影吗 |
[22:29] | They always let one survive to tell the others. | 他们总会留个活口去告诉其他人 |
[22:30] | Well, yeah, but paragraphs can’t talk– | 是的 可是段落不会说话 |
[22:32] | Okay, whatever. Fine. Just type this up as agreed, | 好吧 随便吧 赶紧把这协议打出来 |
[22:35] | and don’t you ever let me see your pasty, Norwegian, | 然后再也别让我看见你那张苍白的 |
[22:37] | carrot top-wannabe face again. | 自以为是的挪威脸 |
[22:42] | Carrot Top is a very underrated comedian | 卡罗特·托普是被严重低估的喜剧演员 |
[22:44] | who’s never done anything to anyone. | 向来人畜无害 |
[22:48] | Did you know that Harvey was going to ambush Stephen on the stand? | 你知道哈维打算在庭上伏击史蒂芬吗 |
[22:51] | I wouldn’t have stopped him if I did. | 就算知道我也不会阻止他 |
[22:53] | And to hell with the ramifications? | 你就没考虑过后果吗 |
[22:55] | The ramifications for who, Edward? | 会对谁产生后果 爱德华 |
[22:57] | I didn’t come here to fight with you, Jessica. | 我不是来跟你吵架的 杰西卡 |
[22:59] | But Stephen didn’t take the most direct hit. | 但现在的箭靶子不是史蒂芬 |
[23:02] | Ava did. | 而是艾娃 |
[23:03] | You keep talking about how much you care about Ava. | 你总说你有多关心艾娃 |
[23:05] | But I’ve only just met her. | 但我跟她只是萍水相逢 |
[23:07] | And you’re the one who did what you did. | 再说事都是你干的 |
[23:13] | I treated you as if you were my own blood. | 我把你当作我的手足 |
[23:16] | Ava… | 艾娃 |
[23:18] | Did you do this to me? | 是你做的吗 |
[23:19] | Of course I didn’t. | 当然不是 |
[23:21] | Did you keep this from me? | 是你一直在瞒着我吗 |
[23:24] | I want to hear you say it. | 我要听你亲口说出来 |
[23:28] | I didn’t know until it was too late. | 我知道的时候已经晚了 |
[23:33] | I didn’t want to burden you with what had been done | 输油管道的事木已成舟 |
[23:36] | to get your pipeline, | 我不想给你增加负担 |
[23:37] | and there was nothing I could do to undo it. | 而且覆水难收 我无计可施 |
[23:40] | Burden me? | 增加负担 |
[23:41] | What about protecting me? | 你怎么不保护我 |
[23:43] | Well, that’s exactly what I was doing | 就是为了保护你 |
[23:44] | when I assigned Harvey to the case. | 我才让哈维来打这场官司 |
[23:46] | And after I was brought up on murder charges, | 就在我要接受谋杀指控的时候 |
[23:48] | rather than tell me, | 你瞒着我 |
[23:50] | you send the very man who committed the crime. | 把犯下罪行的那个人派了过来 |
[23:52] | Who were you trying not to burden then? | 你到底想甩掉谁的负担 |
[24:06] | You once asked me if she knew about her father and I. | 你问过我她知不知道我和她父亲的事 |
[24:11] | In those days, to be a lawyer and to be out– | 那个年代 做一个出柜的律师 |
[24:14] | not possible. | 是不可能的 |
[24:17] | Her father was in the oil business. | 她父亲做的是石油生意 |
[24:18] | – He would have been finished. – What does that have to do– | -他会一无所有的 -这跟案子有什么… |
[24:21] | We used to go away on occasion. | 我们偶尔会出去私会 |
[24:24] | In order to do that, | 为了不被人怀疑 |
[24:26] | Ava joined us and pretended to be my girlfriend. | 艾娃会装作我的女朋友跟我们同行 |
[24:30] | She did that for us. | 她愿意帮助我们 |
[24:36] | Ava is family to me. | 艾娃就是我的亲人 |
[24:38] | I sent Stephen out there to help her. | 我派史蒂芬去帮她 |
[24:40] | I didn’t know what he’d do. | 但我不知道他会那么做 |
[24:42] | And I would give anything to undo it. | 我愿不惜一切来收回覆水 |
[24:48] | What do you want from me, Edward? | 你要我怎么做 爱德华 |
[24:50] | I want you to put aside your anger | 我想让你把怒气消一消 |
[24:52] | and figure out a way to help. | 想个方法帮帮她 |
[25:01] | What are you doing here? | 你来干什么 |
[25:02] | I’m here to put aside my anger. | 我是来消气的 |
[25:06] | We’re in the middle of a murder trial. | 我们可还在忙谋杀案呢 |
[25:07] | We can spare five minutes for this. | 不差这五分钟 |
[25:10] | Wait a second. | 等一下 |
[25:11] | I gave you that bottle when you took over from Daniel. | 那瓶酒是你干掉丹尼尔的时候我送的 |
[25:14] | – I know. – I told you to only open it in case of an emergency. | -我知道 -我还说过只有紧急情况才能喝它 |
[25:18] | You think this isn’t an emergency? | 现在还不是紧急情况吗 |
[25:21] | We’re about to lose a huge murder case, | 我们就要输掉一场谋杀案了 |
[25:23] | and it turns out the person behind it | 而幕后主使 |
[25:25] | is one of our own lawyers. | 居然还是我们律所的律师 |
[25:28] | And we’re in business | 帮他瞒天过海的人 |
[25:29] | with the man who helped cover it up. | 还与我们有着生意往来 |
[25:32] | But the thing that’s been most on my mind | 但我最在意的是 |
[25:33] | is that you goddamn betrayed me. | 你他妈的居然背叛我 |
[25:40] | Now… | 现在 |
[25:42] | the truth is, you warned me about all of this. | 是你提醒了我这些事 |
[25:46] | And I am tired of feeling betrayed by you. | 你背叛我这事我也不愿再想了 |
[25:49] | I’d rather forgive you. | 我宁愿原谅你 |
[25:54] | Can you? | 你能原谅吗 |
[25:55] | Why do you think I’m here. | 要不我怎么会来 |
[25:58] | I never should have come after you. | 我不该背叛你 |
[26:00] | I’m sorry. | 对不起 |
[26:04] | You didn’t kill anybody. | 你又没杀人 |
[26:06] | And if I’m really going to forgive you, | 如果我真要原谅你的话 |
[26:09] | then I need to tell you I’m sorry | 那我也要告诉你 我很抱歉 |
[26:11] | that I made you want to do it in the first place. | 让你产生了背叛我的想法 |
[26:20] | What changed your mind? | 为什么改主意了 |
[26:23] | Edward. | 爱德华 |
[26:26] | He said Ava was family to him. | 他说艾娃是他的亲人 |
[26:30] | You’re family to me, | 你也是我的亲人 |
[26:33] | and you did what he didn’t. | 而你有着他没有的东西 |
[26:35] | You came clean. | 你身家清白 |
[26:38] | Is that all you came here to tell me? | 你来就是为了跟我说这些吗 |
[26:40] | Like you said, we’re in the middle of a murder trial. | 你不是说 我们还要忙谋杀案吗 |
[26:42] | And you have an idea. | 你有主意了 |
[26:45] | We’re not the only people | 有着亲人般感情的人 |
[26:46] | that are like family to each other. | 可不止我们一对 |
[26:48] | And sometimes you have to put your family | 有时候你不得不 |
[26:50] | in a position where they don’t have a choice. | 把亲人逼上绝境 |
[26:53] | What do you need me to do? | 要我做什么 |
[27:03] | New plan–we’re gonna convince that Ava’s innocent. | 计划有变 我们要证明艾娃的清白 |
[27:06] | Have you been drinking? | 你喝酒了 |
[27:08] | Yeah. Why? | 喝了 怎么了 |
[27:09] | Because wasn’t that the old plan? | 你刚说的不就是原计划吗 |
[27:10] | That was the old goal. | 那是老目标 |
[27:11] | This time, it’s you who’s going to Cameron. | 这次 你要去对阵卡梅隆 |
[27:14] | If he won’t hear the truth from you, | 他连你说的都不听 |
[27:15] | how’s he gonna hear it from me? | 又怎么会听我的 |
[27:18] | Cameron can’t see the truth because all he sees | 卡梅隆了解不到真相是因为 |
[27:21] | is that he has a winnable case. | 他觉得这个案子必胜无疑 |
[27:22] | How does that affect what I just said? | 这对我刚说的有什么影响吗 |
[27:24] | Prosecutors are hammers, | 检察官就像是锤子 |
[27:25] | and they see the accused as nails. | 他们把被告当成钉子 |
[27:27] | How am I gonna change that? | 我要怎么改变这一点 |
[27:29] | You’re gonna remind him | 你要去提醒他 |
[27:30] | about the time he hit the wrong nail. | 这次他敲错了钉子 |
[27:35] | Can you tell me how the waffles are here? | 这儿的华夫饼怎么样 |
[27:38] | Mike Ross, my man. | 迈克·罗斯 伙计 |
[27:40] | It’s good to see you, man. | 很高兴见到你 |
[27:41] | It’s good to see you too, Clifford. | 我也很高兴 克利福德 |
[27:43] | What the hell you doing out in the middle of the night? | 大半夜的你来这干什么 |
[27:45] | Oh, you know, I told you. | 我刚说了 |
[27:46] | I got an urge for some waffles. | 突然想吃华夫饼 |
[27:49] | This isn’t a coincidence, is it? | 这可不是个巧合 对吧 |
[27:51] | I need a favor. | 我需要你的帮忙 |
[27:53] | No doubt. What you need? | 没问题 要做什么 |
[27:54] | I need you to talk to Cameron Dennis. | 我要你去找卡梅隆·丹尼斯谈谈 |
[27:58] | No. | 不行 |
[27:59] | Hell, no. | 绝不 |
[28:00] | – Clifford… – Look at me, man. | -克利福德 -你看看我 |
[28:02] | Look where I am… | 看看我工作的地方 |
[28:04] | Cleaning up people’s shit! | 收拾别人的残羹剩饭 |
[28:05] | I know. | 我了解 |
[28:06] | You know this is all I can get because of him? | 那你知道这都是拜他所赐吗 |
[28:08] | My life passed me by because of that motherf…. | 我的人生都被那个混蛋毁了 |
[28:12] | I get in a room with him, I’ll kill him. | 要是我见到他 绝对会杀了他 |
[28:14] | And I need you to tell him all of that | 我要你把这些话告诉他 |
[28:16] | so that he doesn’t do the same thing to somebody else. | 好让他不在别人身上重蹈你的覆辙 |
[28:19] | You need? | 你需要 |
[28:21] | I know who “you” is. | 我知道这个”你”是谁 |
[28:23] | And I don’t owe Harvey shit. | 我可不欠哈维什么 |
[28:25] | Now, he may have got me out, | 也许是他还了我的清白 |
[28:27] | but he and Cameron put me there in the first place. | 但当初他也是卡梅隆的帮凶 |
[28:28] | Yeah, you’re right. You don’t owe Harvey. | 没错 你不欠哈维的 |
[28:32] | But you do owe me… | 但你欠我的 |
[28:34] | ’cause I didn’t have anything to do with putting you in there, | 你被冤枉的事跟我没有关系 |
[28:36] | but I broke the law to get you out. | 但我不惜违法把你救了出来 |
[28:46] | I am feeling generous, | 我今天心情不错 |
[28:48] | so absolutely, 100%, | 当然 完全没问题 |
[28:50] | without a doubt, go screw yourself. | 毋庸置疑 去你妈的 |
[28:53] | Everything okay? | 出什么事了吗 |
[28:54] | Yeah, of course. | 没事 |
[28:55] | I was just using tactic number 36 | 我正在用第36计 |
[28:56] | In Louis Litt’s handbook, due to be published never. | 取自《路易·利特兵法》 私家绝版 市面无售 |
[28:58] | Because I don’t share my tactics. | 因为我从不分享我的计谋 |
[29:00] | Tactic number seven, by the way. | 顺便一提 这是第七计 |
[29:02] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[29:04] | Well, whatever tactic you used on Harold didn’t work. | 不管你对哈罗德用了什么计 看似不奏效 |
[29:06] | He’s not caving. | 他不肯妥协 |
[29:08] | I don’t know what you’re talking about, | 我不知道你在说什么 |
[29:09] | because he gave me everything I wanted. | 他答应了我所有的条件啊 |
[29:11] | The client just called. | 客户刚刚来电话了 |
[29:12] | The contract Harold sent over has a loophole in it. | 哈罗德发来的合同里有一处漏洞 |
[29:14] | It leaves him open to punitive damages. | 他会因此被责令惩罚性赔偿 |
[29:17] | Paragraph nine. | 第九段 |
[29:20] | Get that contract back. | 把合同拿回来 |
[29:21] | We need to renegotiate. | 我们得重新谈判 |
[29:24] | Oh, my god, Harold pulled one over on you. | 老天 你也被哈罗德骗过去了 |
[29:27] | Don’t you dare say that out loud. | 不许宣扬出去 |
[29:28] | Call him up, set up the appointment for me to go over there. | 联系上他 约好面谈时间 我去找他 |
[29:30] | I tried. | 我试过了 |
[29:31] | He insisted on coming here. He’s on his way right now. | 可他坚持要过来 他已经在路上了 |
[29:39] | What the hell are you doing here? | 你在这干什么 |
[29:41] | He’s here to tell you who you are. | 来告诉你你到底是谁 |
[29:43] | I know who I am. | 我自己清楚 |
[29:44] | I don’t need to hear it from him. | 用不着他来告诉我 |
[29:46] | You think I’m giving you a choice? | 你觉得你有得选吗 |
[30:01] | Okay. We were supposed to meet in the conference room. | 我说了我们在会议室谈 |
[30:05] | I don’t need to wait in the conference room | 不用在会议室谈 |
[30:06] | to knock your dick in the dirt. | 我也能揍你个七荤八素 |
[30:09] | What’d you just say to me? | 你说什么 |
[30:10] | It’s from The Breakfast Club, asshole. | 这是《早餐俱乐部》的台词 蠢货 |
[30:11] | Not all of us only watch The Sound of Music. | 现在谁还只看《音乐之声》啊 |
[30:13] | You little bastard. You just crossed a line. | 你个小混蛋 收回你刚才的话 |
[30:15] | Julie Andrews is a national treasure. | 朱莉·安德鲁斯是不可多得的国民偶像 |
[30:18] | Maybe your client would be better off with her. | 那你的客户跟着她会更好些吧 |
[30:20] | Maybe they would be. | 有可能 |
[30:21] | But she isn’t here. And I am. | 但她不在这 老子在 |
[30:23] | And here are a few of my favorite things… | 而且老子这有些好东西 |
[30:26] | Countersuit for slander, | 诽谤反诉 |
[30:27] | motion to decertify class, | 诉讼案动议 |
[30:30] | motion for summary judgment, | 即决审判动议 |
[30:31] | change of venue, sanctions, | 地点变更动议 制裁书 |
[30:33] | depositions, discovery! | 书面证词 调查证据 |
[30:37] | Great use of folders there, Louis. | 很会收集材料嘛 路易 |
[30:39] | Too bad none of them are gonna work. | 只可惜它们都不管用啊 |
[30:41] | Well, they may not work on the case, | 是啊 对案子它们是不管用 |
[30:42] | but they’re definitely gonna work on you. | 但收拾你 这些足够了 |
[30:45] | What are you talking about? | 你什么意思 |
[30:47] | Oh, I’m talking about you may win in the end, | 我是说 可能最终你会赢 |
[30:49] | but it won’t justify | 但这并不能证明 |
[30:51] | you spending every waking minute of your life on this bullshit, | 你每天清醒的时间都用于这些破烂上 |
[30:53] | instead of doing everything else you’ve been assigned to do. | 公司交给你的任务却压根没做 |
[30:56] | You’d do that to me? | 你竟然这样对我 |
[30:57] | I won’t be doing it to you. | 我不会这样对你 |
[30:58] | I’ll be doing it for Bratton Gould. | 我是为了布莱顿·古尔德 |
[31:00] | And you’ll be laughed out of there | 到时候你会被众人哄笑驱赶 |
[31:02] | the same way you were laughed out of here. | 就像你在这如过街老鼠般被驱赶一样 |
[31:03] | – Louis… – We got nothing left to say! | -路易 -谈话到此为止 |
[31:05] | Drop the suit by the end of the week, | 周末前给我停止诉讼 |
[31:07] | or one of my associates will see you in court. | 要不然我们就法庭上见 |
[31:09] | Get out! | 现在滚吧 |
[31:24] | I don’t want him here. | 让他出去 |
[31:26] | Ava, whatever he did, he’s here to help, | 艾娃 不管他做过什么 他是来帮忙的 |
[31:30] | and he’s an asset. | 而且他相当重要 |
[31:31] | Then what does the mighty Edward Darby have to say? | 那么大名鼎鼎的爱德华·达比想说些什么呢 |
[31:34] | You’re innocent until proven guilty | 你的无罪推定 |
[31:37] | beyond a reasonable doubt. | 现在备受质疑 |
[31:38] | Take the stand. | 即使出庭作证 |
[31:39] | Any juror that hears you will have that doubt. | 所有陪审员也都会怀疑你 |
[31:42] | She opens that door, the first question Cameron asks is, | 只要她一入场 卡梅隆的第一个问题就是 |
[31:43] | did she try and bribe those witnesses? | 她有没有贿赂过目击证人 |
[31:47] | The answer is yes. There goes reasonable doubt. | 答案是肯定的 所以陪审员的怀疑很合理 |
[31:52] | How much did you pay him? | 你们给了他多少钱 |
[31:53] | – Cameron. – Pay who? | -卡梅隆 -给谁 |
[31:55] | Don’t play dumb. Clifford Danner. | 别装傻 克利福德·丹纳 |
[31:57] | Who the hell is Clifford Danner? | 克利福德·丹纳又是谁 |
[31:59] | He was an innocent person that Cameron put behind bars. | 他是被卡梅隆投入监狱的无辜人 |
[32:02] | And I thought he would make you see reason. | 我以为你知道他是无辜的 |
[32:03] | That has nothing to do with this. | 跟这没关系 |
[32:04] | And I didn’t put him behind bars…you did. | 他身陷囹圄可不是因为我 是因为你 |
[32:06] | Then I got him out. | 然后我将他放了出来 |
[32:07] | Well, you’re not getting her out, because she did it, | 那她你可救不了 因为她有罪 |
[32:09] | and yesterday your own colleague said that she did it. | 昨天你自己的同事亲口承认 她有罪 |
[32:12] | He did not say that, and you know it. | 他没那么说 你很清楚 |
[32:15] | You willing to take that risk? | 你敢赌这一把吗 |
[32:16] | What are you suggesting? | 那你想怎样 |
[32:17] | I’ve worked with him long enough to know what he’s suggesting. | 跟他共事这么久 我知道他打什么主意 |
[32:20] | Cameron Dennis doesn’t go to verdict. | 卡梅隆·丹尼斯从来不等待裁决 |
[32:22] | He cuts deals. | 他直接提条件 |
[32:23] | Then let me tell you…about what’s behind door number one… | 那我直接告诉你 等待你们的是什么 |
[32:25] | Eight years. | 八年 |
[32:29] | – Eight years instead of forever. – Leave us alone. | -八年监禁代替终身牢狱 -你出去 |
[32:32] | Court’s in ten minutes. You have until then. | 还有十分钟开庭 仔细考虑考虑 |
[32:36] | Harvey… | 哈维 |
[32:38] | He’s got us, and you know it. | 我们栽他手里了 你知道的 |
[32:39] | No, he doesn’t. | 不 才没有 |
[32:41] | She’s not going to prison for one day. | 她一天牢都不用坐 |
[32:43] | She’s going for the rest of her life | 如果我们不答应的话 |
[32:45] | if we don’t take this deal. | 她就要坐一辈子牢了 |
[32:46] | I am not losing to him. | 我不会输给他的 |
[32:48] | You…your blood feud | 你 跟你的夙仇 |
[32:51] | or whatever it is you have with that man | 我不知道你们之间有什么过节 |
[32:53] | is what put the target on my back in the first place. | 但我成了头号受害者 |
[32:56] | Ava, we need to face reality. | 艾娃 面对现实吧 |
[32:58] | She is not taking that deal. | 她不会接受交易的 |
[33:00] | She better, because she can’t buy her way out of it. | 她最好接受 金钱已经无法摆平了 |
[33:04] | And you can’t cover up your way out of it. | 而且你也束手无策了 |
[33:06] | I don’t care. | 我不在乎 |
[33:07] | Well, what’s your idea? | 那你怎么想呢 |
[33:08] | Because unless you’re gonna testify | 除非你肯出庭作证 |
[33:09] | that Stephen did this without Ava’s knowledge, | 史蒂芬在艾娃不知情的情况下做了一切 |
[33:12] | you can’t help. | 否则你毫无用处 |
[33:13] | And as you said, you have no proof. | 可你也说了 你没有证据 |
[33:15] | So why don’t you get out of the room and let the grown-ups talk? | 所以还是请你闭嘴离开 让我们谈正事 |
[33:18] | What if I was to testify to that? | 如果我可以作证呢 |
[33:23] | What are you talking about? | 你说什么 |
[33:25] | I’m talking about putting words to a conversation | 我说 是时候说出 |
[33:27] | that should have happened but didn’t. | 我早该说出的实情了 |
[33:29] | You’d say that you confronted Stephen, and he admitted it? | 你是说你质问过史蒂芬 而他承认了 |
[33:33] | I made this mess. It’s up to me to clear it up. | 我留下的烂摊子 理应由我收拾 |
[33:36] | This isn’t gonna help. | 这不管用 |
[33:37] | You’re her old friend coming to her aid at the last second. | 你是她的老朋友 最后一刻才赶来支援 |
[33:40] | It’s a lie. | 根本说不通 |
[33:41] | The jury will see right through it. | 陪审员会一眼看穿的 |
[33:43] | Then we need to make Cameron believe it. | 让卡梅隆相信就行了 |
[33:45] | Harvey, Cameron wants a win. | 哈维 卡梅隆想赢而已 |
[33:47] | You need to convince him this is a win. | 你要说服他 这对他大有裨益 |
[33:49] | Can you do that? | 你能做到吗 |
[33:51] | I guess it’s the best shot we have. | 我们也只能孤注一掷了 |
[34:05] | I knew you’d care. | 我就知道你沉不住气 |
[34:06] | And with five minutes to spare. | 这不是还有5分钟吗 |
[34:08] | We’re not here to take your offer, Cameron. | 我们不是来答应你条件的 卡梅隆 |
[34:10] | We want you to take ours. | 我们要你答应我们的条件 |
[34:11] | Nah, I’m not negotiating. Eight years is final. | 本人拒绝讨价还价 八年是底线了 |
[34:13] | This isn’t about making a deal for Ava. | 我不是来为艾娃做交易的 |
[34:15] | It’s about making a deal for me. | 是为我 |
[34:18] | If he’s got something to say about this, | 如果他知道什么内幕的话 |
[34:20] | you should put him on the stand. | 你应该让他上证人席 |
[34:22] | I already trusted you once. I need your word. | 我相信过你一次了 这次换你 |
[34:26] | Go ahead. Off the record. | 说吧 我不会外传 |
[34:28] | I instructed Stephen Huntley to do whatever it took | 是我指使史蒂芬·亨特利要不惜一切代价 |
[34:32] | to get Ava her pipeline, | 获得艾娃的输油管道 |
[34:33] | and I told him to do it behind her back. | 我还告诉他不能让艾娃知道 |
[34:36] | So you authorized these murders. | 所以授权这些谋杀的人是你 |
[34:38] | Absolutely not. | 当然不是 |
[34:39] | When I heard people had been killed, | 我一听说有人被杀 |
[34:40] | I confronted him immediately. | 就立马找他对质 |
[34:42] | And what did he say? | 那他说什么了 |
[34:43] | He didn’t care that he’d resorted to murder. | 他不在乎利用谋杀来达成目的 |
[34:45] | His job was to get things done. | 他的工作就是完成任务 |
[34:48] | You just admitted to being an accessory after the fact. | 你等于是在承认你是知情不报的从犯 |
[34:51] | No, he didn’t. | 不 他没有 |
[34:53] | I get it. Off the record. | 我懂了 不得公开 |
[34:57] | What do you want? | 你想怎么样 |
[34:58] | Edward pleads to obstruction of justice– | 爱德华承认妨碍司法公正罪 |
[35:00] | Five years probation. | 五年缓刑 |
[35:02] | You drop the charges against Ava. | 你撤销对艾娃的起诉 |
[35:04] | And he testifies | 他会在史蒂芬·亨特利的 |
[35:05] | at Stephen Huntley’s murder trial. | 谋杀庭审上出庭作证 |
[35:10] | And why would I swap out Ava for her minion? | 我为什么要拿艾娃换她的奴才呢 |
[35:13] | Cameron, you gave us that offer for a reason. | 卡梅隆 你提出那项提议是有原因的 |
[35:17] | You’re at the finish line– you can taste the win, | 你站在终点线上 可以品尝胜利的果实 |
[35:19] | but it’s not 100%, and you know it, | 但那并不是完美的 你自己也知道 |
[35:22] | because you’re still banking on an admitted murderer | 因为你还是得依靠一个有撒谎动机 |
[35:24] | with an incentive to lie. | 并且已认罪的凶手 |
[35:26] | I’m giving you a respected lawyer | 而我提供的则是一个 |
[35:28] | with an incentive to keep his mouth shut. | 会守口如瓶且受人尊敬的律师 |
[35:31] | You know who has a better chance | 你知道谁更有可能 |
[35:33] | at getting you a win. | 助你获取胜利 |
[35:41] | Draw up the paperwork. | 起草文件吧 |
[36:05] | I thought you never wanted to see me again. | 我以为你再也不想见我了 |
[36:07] | I thought about what you said. | 我考虑你之前说的 |
[36:09] | What, about the kind of business your firm does? | 什么 关于你们公司所涉及的业务吗 |
[36:12] | Yes. | 对 |
[36:15] | And I realized that maybe you’re not as bad as I said you were. | 我意识到也许你没有我之前说的那么坏 |
[36:19] | No? | 没有吗 |
[36:21] | No. | 没有 |
[36:24] | You’re much worse. | 你比我说的要坏多了 |
[36:31] | Harvey and Cameron made a deal to take you down, | 哈维和卡梅隆达成协议要拿下你 |
[36:33] | and part of that deal was that I got to be the one to tell you about it. | 协议的一部分就是 这一切必须由我来告诉你 |
[36:42] | I meant it when I said I never meant to hurt you. | 我说我不想伤害你都是真的 |
[36:46] | And I meant it when I said that you make me sick. | 而我说你让我恶心也是真的 |
[36:58] | It’s all there. | 都写上去了 |
[36:59] | You testify, you get five years probation. | 你作证 然后获得五年缓刑 |
[37:02] | and he pleads obstruction of justice. | 他承认妨碍司法公正 |
[37:05] | – What is this? – What is what? | -这是什么 -什么是什么 |
[37:06] | This says that I forfeit my license | 这上面说我在本国的律师执业许可 |
[37:08] | to practice law in this country. | 将因犯罪被没收 |
[37:10] | Oh, that–that’s just something I added in. | 那条啊 我刚刚加进去的 |
[37:12] | – This is unacceptable. – Wait a minute. | -这不能接受 -稍等一下 |
[37:14] | How could you add that in if we did the paperwork? | 如果是我们写的文件 你怎么能把那条加进去 |
[37:17] | And if he can’t practice law in the country, | 如果他没有获得本国的律师执业许可 |
[37:19] | he can’t be a member of our firm. | 他就不能在我们公司就职 |
[37:21] | We must have agreed to it in advance. | 这是我们必须达成一致的大前提 |
[37:25] | You set this whole thing up. | 这一切都是你一手操办的 |
[37:26] | Jessica set this whole thing up. | 是杰西卡一手操办的 |
[37:29] | But what’s it matter? | 但又有什么关系呢 |
[37:30] | You really gonna put this on Ava | 只要受点轻罚就能脱罪 |
[37:31] | when you can get off with a slap on the wrist? | 你还想让艾娃受罪吗 |
[37:34] | I asked you to put aside your anger. | 我还求你将愤怒搁置一旁 |
[37:36] | I did. You said Ava was family. | 我已经搁置一旁了 你说艾娃是你的亲人 |
[37:39] | The thing about family is they make it easy | 家人的特点就在于 他们会轻而易举地 |
[37:42] | to put you in the position where you don’t have a choice. | 把你逼到一个绝境上 |
[37:45] | Now, you gonna sign the deal, | 现在 你要签署这份协议 |
[37:47] | or do I just pick up the trial right where we left off? | 还是要我按之前的计划继续诉讼 |
[37:55] | You’re doing the right thing, Edward. | 你这样做才对 爱德华 |
[37:57] | We’ll worry about the terms of our dissolution tomorrow. | 我们会考虑明天解约的条款 |
[38:01] | And, Edward… | 另外 爱德华 |
[38:03] | we may be getting a divorce, | 看来我们得”离婚”了 |
[38:04] | but I fully intend on keeping ownership of the house. | 但我还是打算保留房子的所有权 |
[38:14] | Who’d have thought we’d end up here? | 谁能想到我们会就此结案呢 |
[38:16] | I did. | 我 |
[38:18] | No, you didn’t. | 不 你没有 |
[38:19] | You took a chance with Clifford Danner, | 你冒险用了克利福德·丹纳 |
[38:21] | and you know it. | 你自己也知道 |
[38:22] | It wasn’t a chance. | 那不是冒险 |
[38:24] | I played the man. | 而是像男子汉一样行事 |
[38:25] | And, Cameron, you’re not only about winning. | 卡梅隆 你不只是常胜将军 |
[38:28] | You’re about putting guilty people away. | 还能将罪犯绳之于法 |
[38:34] | Nice working with you. | 很高兴与你合作 |
[38:36] | One-time deal. | 一锤子买卖 |
[38:40] | I guess this means you’re not looking for another name partner? | 我猜你的意思是不想再找冠名合伙人了 |
[38:42] | Good-bye, Cameron. | 再见 卡梅隆 |
[38:52] | Norma said you had something for me? | 诺玛说你有东西要给我 |
[38:53] | I do. | 没错 |
[38:58] | He dropped it. I win. | 他撤诉了 我赢了 |
[39:01] | Do you? | 是吗 |
[39:04] | What? What are you talking about? | 什么 你在说什么 |
[39:07] | Why do you hate Harold so much? | 你为什么这么恨哈罗德 |
[39:10] | – I don’t hate him. – Yeah, you do… | -我不恨他 -不 你恨他 |
[39:11] | Because I’ve never seen you be as mean to anyone as you are to him. | 因为我觉得你对他比对任何人都刻薄 |
[39:14] | Rachel, I– | 瑞秋 我 |
[39:14] | Don’t “Rachel” me. He’s a human being. | 别再叫我”瑞秋”了 他也是个人 |
[39:16] | What’s the matter with you? | 你到底怎么回事 |
[39:25] | When I was a kid in gym class… | 我小时候上体操课时 |
[39:30] | we had to climb the rope. | 我们得爬绳索 |
[39:33] | Every day I tried really hard, | 我每天都非常努力 |
[39:36] | And every day… | 但每一天 |
[39:38] | everyone would laugh at me. | 大家都会嘲笑我 |
[39:46] | The one thing in my life that I’ve always been great at | 我这辈子真正擅长的 |
[39:49] | is training the associates… | 就是训练助理律师 |
[39:52] | except for Harold. | 除了哈罗德 |
[39:54] | He’s my failure. | 他是我的败笔 |
[39:56] | And every time I look at him, it… | 我每次看到他 都感觉… |
[40:03] | puts me right back in gym class. | 回到了体操课一样 |
[40:10] | Louis… | 路易 |
[40:13] | Harold’s climbing that rope. | 哈罗德正在爬那根绳索 |
[40:15] | He’s succeeding. | 他快成功了 |
[40:17] | And the way you got this victory | 而且你获取这场胜利的方式 |
[40:19] | was by going after his career. | 就是剥夺了他的工作 |
[40:21] | And you’re just yanking him right back down. | 相当于把他猛地往下拉了一把 |
[40:37] | We never got this. | 我们从没收到这个 |
[40:40] | Send back his original offer marked “Accepted.” | 接受他原来的提案 然后送回去 |
[40:51] | I never want this spoken of again. | 我以后不想再提到这个了 |
[40:54] | You never want what spoken of again? | 你不想再提到什么了 |
[40:59] | Harvey, what did Ava have to say? | 哈维 艾娃应该说什么 |
[41:02] | She’d already left for the airport. | 她已经去机场了 |
[41:04] | Someone saves my life, I might stop to say thank you. | 要是有人救了我的命 我会停下脚步说声谢谢的 |
[41:08] | You really blame her | 我们律所让她经历了这么多 |
[41:08] | after what this firm put her through? | 你真的要为此责备她吗 |
[41:11] | When you put it that way… | 既然你这么说 |
[41:12] | It doesn’t matter. It was a huge win. | 没关系 反正已经取得了大胜利 |
[41:14] | Go celebrate. | 去庆祝吧 |
[41:16] | Don’t you mean “Let’s go celebrate”? | 你的意思难道不是一起去庆祝 |
[41:18] | Am I really the person you wanna celebrate | 你真的想跟我一起庆祝 |
[41:20] | this big murder trial victory with? | 这场重大谋杀审判的胜诉吗 |
[41:22] | I don’t know. It depends who you put out. | 我不知道 看你说谁了 |
[41:24] | Why don’t you just ask Rachel? | 你何不去找瑞秋 |
[41:25] | That’s not funny. | 一点也不好笑 |
[41:42] | Harvey. | 哈维 |
[41:45] | Donna. | 唐娜 |
[41:47] | How does it go? | 还好吗 |
[41:49] | As well as it could. | 挺好的 |
[41:55] | Harvey. | 哈维 |
[42:00] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[42:01] | Why don’t you keep the car? | 今晚何不你坐车 |
[42:04] | I feel like walking tonight. | 我今晚想散散步 |