时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:01] | I don’t know anyone that has ever made | 我认识的人中从来没有 |
[00:02] | a long-distance relationship work. | 异地恋最后有结果的 |
[00:04] | But I can’t stand that I put you in this position, | 我没法忍受自己让你陷入这种境地 |
[00:06] | and the only way I can see out of this | 我能想到的唯一办法就是 |
[00:08] | is for you to go to Stanford. | 你去斯坦福读书 |
[00:10] | Come after me, Tanner. | 你朝我开火就好 坦纳 |
[00:12] | That’s what you’re here for. | 这才是你今天来这里的目的 |
[00:13] | You actually care about her. | 你是真的在乎她的 |
[00:15] | You think he didn’t say some things in there | 你觉得他在里面 |
[00:16] | that got to me too? | 没说什么伤我的话吗 |
[00:18] | Well, I’m not bringing them up, because right now, | 但我却没把它们当回事 因为如今 |
[00:20] | we need to stick together. | 我们得团结作战 |
[00:21] | Sticking together means telling the truth. | 团结作战的意思是得相互坦诚 |
[00:23] | I can’t stand to see them come after you. | 我不能忍受他们不断找你麻烦 |
[00:25] | You think I can’t take it! | 你认为我承受不了吗 |
[00:26] | Look, you’re not listening to me, okay? | 你没明白我的意思 |
[00:28] | I can’t take it! | 是我承受不了 |
[00:29] | If all you want to do is work with me, | 如果你只是想跟我一起工作 |
[00:30] | I can find a job somewhere else. | 我可以在别的地方找工作 |
[00:32] | Scottie, that’s not all I want. | 斯科特 我想要的不止这些 |
[00:35] | Then say it. | 那就说出来 |
[00:36] | I want you in my life. | 我希望我的生命中有你 |
[00:38] | I don’t want her to go, | 我不想让她走 |
[00:39] | and there’s nothing I can do about it. | 但现在我也无能为力 |
[00:41] | I finished my list. | 我比较完了 |
[00:42] | And? | 结果呢 |
[00:44] | You’re staying? | 你要留下来 |
[00:45] | Just try and stop me. | 有本事就拦住我 |
[00:49] | This place has every Harvard law student file ever. | 这里有哈佛法学院历届学生的档案 |
[00:52] | Do not touch any of the files in here. | 不准碰这里的任何档案 |
[00:56] | Mike Ross? He’s not here. | 迈克·罗斯 他不在这儿 |
[01:10] | What are you thinking about? | 想什么呢 |
[01:13] | You look beautiful. | 你真美 |
[01:14] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[01:16] | What are you thinking? | 你想什么呢 |
[01:17] | That your furniture’s really old. | 你的家具都好老 |
[01:20] | I think the word you’re looking for is “antiquey.” | 你是想说”古经典”吧 |
[01:22] | That is not a word, | 那根本不是个词 |
[01:23] | and this sofa is Ikea circa 1994. | 这个沙发是宜家1994年左右的产品 |
[01:26] | Okay, I get it. | 好吧 知道了 |
[01:27] | So you get up early just so you can do a thorough critiquing | 你这么早起床 就是为了狠狠地 |
[01:30] | of my furniture? | 挖苦我的家具 |
[01:31] | Actually, I got up early, so I could figure out | 其实 我这么早起床 是为了考虑 |
[01:35] | if there’s anything around here that I could stand living with. | 这里有没有哪样家具我能接着用 |
[01:41] | As–I’m sorry–do you want to move in together? | 你是说…要搬过来一起住吗 |
[01:44] | Yeah, I mean, if the offer still stands. | 如果你还邀请我的话 |
[01:45] | Are you kidding me? | 开玩笑吗 |
[01:49] | So is that a yes? | 这么说你同意了吗 |
[01:50] | Oh, no, this is a yes. | 这才是同意了 |
[01:58] | I figured out what we can bring. | 我知道我们要带上什么了 |
[02:00] | – What? – You. | -什么 -你 |
[02:01] | Panda, right here. | 这个熊猫 |
[02:03] | That’s my favorite piece of art. | 这是我最喜欢的艺术品 |
[02:05] | That is not art. | 那根本不是艺术 |
[02:07] | Grammy gave that to me. | 是奶奶给我的 |
[02:08] | Oh, I love it. Panda can come. | 我喜欢 熊猫可以有 |
[02:10] | And the chair. | 还有这把椅子 |
[02:12] | That was grammy’s favorite chair. | 那是奶奶最喜欢的椅子 |
[02:14] | I don’t–I don’t– | 这我… |
[02:14] | No, no, no, no, no, I’m telling you, Rachel, | 不不不 我告诉你瑞秋 |
[02:16] | she used to sit in that chair every Sunday | 以前她每周日都坐在椅子里 |
[02:19] | and drink her hot cup of Hershey’s cocoa | 喝她的好时热可可 |
[02:22] | and tell me all about growing up | 跟我讲述她小时候 |
[02:25] | on the mean streets of Philadelphia. | 在费城坏街区的事 |
[02:28] | When you lie, try less details. | 撒谎的时候 别说得那么详细 |
[02:30] | Got it. | 明白 |
[02:42] | Looking for me? | 找我呢 |
[02:44] | No. | 不是 |
[02:47] | The woman I’m looking for is a lot more in my bed. | 我要找的女人应该还在我床上呢 |
[02:50] | What can I say? My schedule stops for no man. | 没办法 我的日程不等人啊 |
[02:53] | Yes, but we’ve got a little unfinished… | 是啊 但我们还有没做完的 |
[02:57] | business. | 事呢 |
[03:00] | I wouldn’t call last night “unfinished.” | 我觉得昨晚不差什么了 |
[03:02] | And I wouldn’t call it “business.” | 也不算是”公事” |
[03:09] | I was talking about breakfast. | 我指的是早餐 |
[03:12] | Harvey Specter makes breakfast? | 哈维·斯佩克特还做早餐 |
[03:14] | You never heard of the Specter special? | 没听说过斯佩克特特色餐吗 |
[03:16] | I think I just had the Specter special. | 我好像刚刚尝过了 |
[03:17] | Oh, no, no, no, no. | 不不不 |
[03:18] | – The Specter special is – Let me guess. | -斯佩克特特色餐是 -我猜猜 |
[03:20] | It’s two eggs, over easy, | 两个鸡蛋 煎两面 |
[03:24] | with a side of “Scottie, | 配菜是 “斯科特 |
[03:26] | I want you in my life.” | 我希望我的生命中有你” |
[03:28] | Bacon. | 熏肉 |
[03:29] | And now I’m reconsidering the “in my life” thing. | 我要重新考虑一下进入我生命中的事了 |
[03:32] | Oh, no, I saw your face. You had your serious face on. | 休想 我看到你的表情了 你是认真的 |
[03:35] | “Scottie, I want you in my life. | 斯科特 我希望我的生命中有你 |
[03:37] | Scottie… I want you in my life.” | 斯科特 我希望我的生命中有你 |
[03:40] | You know what? You don’t deserve my bacon. | 跟你说 不给你做熏肉了 |
[03:43] | Oh, that’s fine, ’cause I have to go anyway. | 无所谓 反正我得走了 |
[03:46] | Where could you have to go? You’re unemployed. | 你能去哪啊 你丢了工作 |
[03:48] | Well, actually a top-tier law firm offered me a job last night, | 其实 昨晚有家一流的律所提出雇佣我 |
[03:51] | and I thought it might be best | 我觉得我应该去跟 |
[03:52] | if I negotiate the terms of my agreement | 我没在跟她上床的那位合伙人 |
[03:54] | with the partner I’m not sleeping with. | 讨论合约的条款 |
[03:57] | There’s a slight problem with that plan. | 这个计划有个小问题 |
[04:03] | You offered her a job before talking to me? | 你没跟我商量就提出要给她一份工作 |
[04:05] | I didn’t offer her a job. I asked her if she wanted one. | 我没有 我只是问她是不是想要工作 |
[04:08] | I didn’t want to waste your time, and for the record, | 我不想浪费你的时间 而且 |
[04:11] | we’d be lucky to have her. | 我们有她加入肯定是好事 |
[04:12] | I know that. | 这我知道 |
[04:13] | But my question isn’t why I should want her here, | 但我的问题不是为什么想要她加入 |
[04:15] | it’s why you would want her here. | 而是你为什么想要她加入 |
[04:17] | She’s the best lawyer I know, after me. | 她是我认识的最好的律师 仅次于我 |
[04:20] | And you. | 还有你 |
[04:22] | Are you sleeping with her? | 你在跟她上床吗 |
[04:23] | Excuse me? | 什么 |
[04:24] | You have history with this woman, | 你跟她有段历史 |
[04:26] | So I just want to know | 我只是想知道 |
[04:27] | are you doing this because you feel sorry for her | 你这么做是出于同情 |
[04:29] | or because you want to pay her back | 还是想回报她 |
[04:30] | or because you love her or what? | 还是因为你爱她 |
[04:32] | – It’s none of your business. – It is my business. | -不关你的事 -就关我的事 |
[04:34] | It is literally my business. | 这就是我的公司 |
[04:39] | I want a relationship with her. | 我想跟她好好发展 |
[04:42] | Well, I’m happy for you. | 我替你高兴 |
[04:42] | – I hope you two make a run at it. – Thanks. | -希望你们能成功 -谢谢 |
[04:45] | I’ll pretend you meant that. | 我就当做你是真心的 |
[04:46] | Your track record isn’t great. | 你的记录不怎么样 |
[04:48] | You’ve had three name partners in two years. | 你两年换了三个合伙人 |
[04:50] | Let’s talk about your commitment issues. | 有承诺问题的是你吧 |
[04:52] | I’m not asking you to give my commitment issues a corner office. | 但我没让你给我承诺问题一间拐角办公室 |
[04:55] | You don’t need to give her a corner office. | 你不用给她拐角办公室 |
[04:56] | Any regular office will do. | 正常的办公室就行 |
[04:58] | Harvey, I get it. | 哈维 我懂 |
[05:00] | She’s a catch, for you and for this firm. | 她对你 对这家律师 都不可多得 |
[05:03] | But what happens when you two break up? | 但如果你们分手了会怎么样 |
[05:05] | Who says we’re gonna break up? | 谁说我们会分手 |
[05:46] | Foreman versus Heart Med– I want it. | 福尔曼和心脏医疗的案子 我想要 |
[05:48] | “Good morning, Harvey. | 你不是该说”早啊 哈维” |
[05:49] | – What can I do for you today?” – I’m serious. | -“有什么吩咐吗” -我是认真的 |
[05:50] | They’re pushing for a settlement | 他们想促成和解 |
[05:51] | because they know our client can afford it. | 因为他们知道我们的客户付得起和解金 |
[05:52] | I know they are. | 我知道 |
[05:54] | You haven’t even looked at the file. | 你文件都没看过怎么知道 |
[05:56] | My name is on the door. | 律所大门上挂着我的名字呢 |
[05:57] | You think I don’t know our cases? | 你以为我不知道我们有什么案子吗 |
[05:58] | So why are we settling? | 那为什么要同意和解 |
[05:59] | Because regardless of the merits of this case, | 因为虽然这个案子我们有利可图 |
[06:01] | it’s not worth our time. | 但是不值得我们去花那个时间 |
[06:02] | Harvey, listen– | 哈维 听我说 |
[06:03] | Heart Med’s in-house lawyer negotiated this | 心脏医药自己的律师来促成和解 |
[06:05] | because the bad PR costs them more than the settlement. | 是因为公关做不好的代价不止是付和解金 |
[06:08] | We’d have to get the thing dismissed to make it worth it, | 我们要让对方撤诉才真的物有所值 |
[06:10] | and that’s not gonna happen. | 但是这是不可能的 |
[06:11] | The lawyer is Nick Rinaldi. | 对方律师是尼克·里纳尔迪 |
[06:13] | – Who the hell is Nick Rinaldi? – You don’t remember? | -尼克·里纳尔迪是谁 -你不记得了吗 |
[06:16] | I was 11 years old, a little boy, powerless. | 我当时还是个11岁的小孩子 孤独无助 |
[06:18] | I watched him boil my parents’ lives down to a few dollars. | 眼睁睁地看着他把我父母的生命定为几个美元 |
[06:21] | Yes. | 好 |
[06:21] | I’m not gonna let that piece of shit get a penny from us. | 我不会再让那个混蛋从我们这里拿走一分钱了 |
[06:23] | I said yes. | 我答应你了 |
[06:27] | Thanks, Harvey. | 谢谢 哈维 |
[06:29] | You want to thank me, | 你想谢我的话 |
[06:30] | why don’t you go beat the shit out of this guy? | 就去好好给那个家伙点颜色看看吧 |
[06:36] | Monday, 2:20 p.m. | 星期一 下午两点二十分 |
[06:40] | This conundrum is burning a hole in my brain. | 这件事我一直想不明白 |
[06:42] | Think. | 再想想 |
[06:45] | Logically. | 逻辑地去想 |
[06:46] | I mean, Sheila is professional and meticulous | 希拉做事专业 一丝不苟 |
[06:50] | and wonderfully anal, | 而且床技惊人 |
[06:52] | and if she says that nothing gets misplaced | 如果她说她的秘密小屋里 |
[06:54] | in her inner sanctum, then I believe her, | 一切准确的话 那我相信她 |
[06:57] | which leaves the national security option. | 也就是说只能是国家安全行动了 |
[07:01] | Is Mike Ross CIA? | 难道迈克·罗斯是中情局的 |
[07:04] | Please. | 别逗了 |
[07:05] | There’s a better chance that Esther’s in the KGB. | 那还不如说埃斯特是克格勃更靠谱 |
[07:07] | I mean, I can ask Sheila, | 我可以直接去问希拉 |
[07:08] | if I’m no longer fond of my testicles, which– | 如果我不想好好对待自己的蛋蛋了的话… |
[07:11] | Wait a second, missing testicles, missing file. | 等等 消失的蛋蛋 消失的文件 |
[07:15] | It can’t be missing if it doesn’t exist. | 如果本来就不存在就谈不上消失了 |
[07:18] | Holy shit. | 苍天呐 |
[07:22] | What if Mike Ross never went to Harvard at all? | 要是迈克·罗斯根本没念过哈佛呢 |
[07:25] | What if he just went to some crappy third-tier law school, | 要是他只上过一个三流法学院呢 |
[07:28] | like Fordham or Arizona State? | 比如福特汉姆或者亚利桑那州立法学院 |
[07:33] | “Yeah, hey, bro. | 你好 老兄 |
[07:34] | “Yeah, no, I’ll see you at the party. | 不 派对上见吧 |
[07:36] | “I’m not going to study for the bar. | 我不去复习司法考试了 |
[07:37] | “Damn straight, that’s right, bros before hos. | 说得对 还是兄弟靠得住 |
[07:39] | Oh, yeah, you know–” All right, that’s enough. | 谁说不是呢 行了 够了 |
[07:41] | He’s been peeing directly into our pristine pool of eliteness. | 他这是一颗老鼠屎坏了我们一锅粥啊 |
[07:47] | He’s been–oh, shoot, it’s blinking out. | 他真是… 糟了 快没电了 |
[07:49] | Norma, really quickly, | 诺玛 我马上就说完了 |
[07:50] | I need you to get a pack of rechargeable — | 你一定要再坚持一会儿… |
[07:53] | Shit, it’s out. | 该死 没电了 |
[07:53] | So I guess I’m just talking to myself. | 那我只是在自言自语罢了 |
[07:57] | Harvey convinced me, so let’s get to it. | 哈维说服我了 我们谈谈吧 |
[08:00] | – I want a relocation fee. – Done. | -我想要安置费 -没问题 |
[08:03] | And a 10% increase on my signing bonus. | 还要10%的签约奖金 |
[08:05] | 7% 7%. | |
[08:06] | You gave Harvey 10%. | 你给了哈维10%啊 |
[08:08] | Do you think you’re worth as much as Harvey? | 你觉得你跟哈维一样值钱吗 |
[08:10] | I’m less of a pain in the ass. | 我没他那么讨人厌 |
[08:12] | 10% it is. | 那就10% |
[08:14] | Now, no one ever opens with the big stuff, | 没人一开口就这么高价码的 |
[08:16] | so why don’t you tell me what you’re really after? | 所以你告诉我你真正的目的吧 |
[08:18] | You know what I’m after. | 你明知故问 |
[08:20] | The name of the firm is Pearson Specter. | 这家律所的名字是皮尔逊-斯佩克特 |
[08:22] | It’s changed too many times, and it’s not going to change again. | 虽然以前改过很多次 但是不会再改了 |
[08:25] | Never? | 永远都不会吗 |
[08:27] | I never say never. | 我从来不说永远 |
[08:29] | – That’s all I’m looking for. – Of course. | -正合我意 -当然了 |
[08:31] | After all, who knows where any of us will be in a few years? | 毕竟谁也说不准几年后会是什么样子 |
[08:35] | You, me, Harvey. | 你 我 哈维 |
[08:37] | I think we just changed the subject. | 我们刚才是不是转移话题了 |
[08:38] | We did. | 确实如此 |
[08:41] | Now it’s time for me to tell you what I’m really after. | 现在我就告诉你我真正的目的 |
[08:44] | You want to know how committed I am to Harvey. | 你想知道我对哈维有多忠心 |
[08:46] | I want to know how committed you are to me. | 我想知道你对我有多忠心 |
[08:51] | – How serious are you? – About what? | -你有多认真 -认真什么 |
[08:53] | Me. | 我 |
[08:55] | We had this conversation. | 我们不是说过了吗 |
[08:57] | We had this conversation | 我们开始说的时候 |
[08:58] | before it was going to cost me $500,000. | 我还不用花费五十万美金呢 |
[09:01] | Jessica’s making you pay the buy-in up front? | 杰西卡让你提前支付入股款吗 |
[09:04] | – Yep. – Shit. | -对 -该死 |
[09:05] | What did you say? | 那你怎么说的 |
[09:07] | Well, I said I don’t want to have to pay | 我说我不想交 |
[09:08] | a Harvey-Specter-girlfriend tax. | 哈维·斯佩克特女友附加税 |
[09:09] | You’re not exactly paying a tax. | 这可不是税 |
[09:11] | You’re just buying in early. | 你只是提前入股而已 |
[09:12] | Harvey, there’s a reason that firms are designed to have | 哈维 公司设有六个月试用期 |
[09:14] | a six-month trial period. | 是有原因的 |
[09:16] | Yeah, to see if it’s going to work out. | 是为了看你是否适合这个公司 |
[09:17] | – Exactly. – Which you don’t think it will. | -没错 -你认为不适合 |
[09:19] | I’m saying that I need to know | 我的意思是我得知道 |
[09:20] | what “I want you in my life” really means. | “我希望我的生命中有你”到底意味着什么 |
[09:23] | You know what it means. | 你心知肚明 |
[09:25] | It means I want to have a relationship. | 意味着我想跟你在一起 |
[09:27] | But it doesn’t mean that I’m ready to give you a ring. | 但我还没准备好向你求婚 |
[09:31] | You think I’m ready for a ring from you? | 你以为我准备好跟你结婚了吗 |
[09:32] | Then what are you ready for? | 那你都准备什么了 |
[09:34] | I’m ready for it not to cost me a $1/2 million | 我准备好了要是不行的话 |
[09:37] | if it doesn’t work out. | 不用花我五十万的方法 |
[09:38] | So if it doesn’t, are you saying you’re going to leave? | 你是说要是不行 你就会离开吗 |
[09:40] | Would you want me to stay? | 你希望我留下吗 |
[09:41] | I don’t even know what you’re gonna do to break us up. | 我都想象不到你怎么能跟我分手 |
[09:44] | Harvey, I’m not kidding. I’m… | 哈维 我是认真的 我… |
[09:48] | I’m scared. | 我害怕 |
[09:50] | You know, I just got an offer | 芝加哥瑞生律师事务所 |
[09:51] | from Latham & Watkins in Chicago, | 刚刚向我提出了邀请 |
[09:53] | And I don’t want to take it, but… | 我不想去 但… |
[09:58] | I need to know that you’re serious about this. | 我得知道你是认真的 |
[10:00] | Scottie, I am. | 斯科特 我是认真的 |
[10:03] | Yeah, but nobody’s asking you to put up $1/2 million. | 说得容易 又没人让你拿五十万美元 |
[10:07] | Maybe we can make it | 或许我们可以做到 |
[10:08] | so nobody’s asking you to do that either. | 让你不用掏钱 |
[10:16] | Rinaldi. | 里纳尔迪 |
[10:21] | You remember me? | 还记得我吗 |
[10:24] | James and Nina Ross. | 詹姆斯·罗斯和妮娜·罗斯 |
[10:26] | That’s good. | 不错 |
[10:27] | Finally know my parents’ names. | 你终于知道我父母的名字了 |
[10:31] | What you maybe don’t know is that I’m a lawyer, | 但你可能不知道 我是个律师了 |
[10:32] | I work for Pearson Specter, | 在皮尔逊-斯佩克特工作 |
[10:34] | and we’re not going to be settling this Foreman suit. | 福尔曼案我们不会和解 |
[10:37] | We had an agreement. | 我们已经谈好了 |
[10:38] | Yeah, maybe, but instead, | 或许吧 但是 |
[10:40] | we’re gonna be filing this. | 我们要填这个了 |
[10:43] | There’s no way you’re getting this case dismissed. | 案子不可能被撤销 |
[10:47] | You know, I actually wanted to believe that whole sob story | 我真希望相信那个关于改革重组的 |
[10:49] | about being reformed, but– | 煽情故事 但是… |
[10:50] | my client is a widow, not a drunk driver. | 我的客户是个寡妇 不是醉酒的司机 |
[10:53] | Oh, so you don’t actually bully the little guy anymore, | 所以你就不再吓唬那个人 |
[10:55] | you just try and capitalize on him. | 打算利用他了 |
[10:56] | Do you even know the details of this case, | 你到底知不知道案子的细节 |
[10:57] | or are you just coming after us because I’m on the other side? | 还是因为我是对方的律师就咬着不放 |
[10:59] | No, I’m coming after you | 不 我跟你纠缠 |
[11:00] | because you’re a worthless ambulance chaser, | 是因为你是个无能的事故赔偿律师 |
[11:02] | and I’m not gonna let you take my client’s money. | 我不会让你拿走我客户的一分钱 |
[11:04] | This is the second time you’ve come after me | 这已经是第二次你对我 |
[11:06] | from out of the blue. | 搞突然袭击了 |
[11:07] | I apologized to you once. | 上次我道过歉了 |
[11:08] | I will not apologize to you again. | 这次我不会再道歉了 |
[11:10] | You don’t have to. | 你不用道歉 |
[11:12] | And we’re not going to court, | 不会有庭审的 |
[11:13] | because I’m gonna prove you’re full of shit. | 因为我会证明你是个满嘴胡话的疯子 |
[11:19] | You ready for the deposition? | 准备好取证了吗 |
[11:20] | Yeah, of course I’m ready. | 当然准备好了 |
[11:21] | – Your fly is unzipped. – No, it’s not. | -你裤链没拉 -瞎说 |
[11:23] | Didn’t even flinch. | 你都没犹豫 |
[11:24] | That means you’re ready. | 说明你准备好了 |
[11:25] | Then why are you still walking with me? | 那你还跟着我干什么 |
[11:26] | Cause I’m coming to your deposition. | 因为我也参加取证 |
[11:28] | What? Whoa, whoa, hey, hey. | 什么 等等 等一下 |
[11:29] | You said that I could take this case. | 你说过这案子归我负责 |
[11:31] | You told me I could kick this guy’s ass. | 你说我会打得对方落花流水 |
[11:32] | It’s my deposition, not yours. | 这是我的取证 不是你的 |
[11:34] | – I know. – you know? | -我知道 -你知道 |
[11:35] | – Why are you babysitting me? – I’m not babysitting you. | -那你为什么看着我 -我没看着你 |
[11:38] | I want to watch you kill this guy. | 我想亲眼看你手刃他 |
[11:39] | That’s why I brought snacks. | 所以才准备了零食 |
[11:40] | You can’t bring peanuts into my deposition. | 你可不能把花生带进取证现场 |
[11:42] | – Why? – It’s unprofessional. | -为什么 -太不专业了 |
[11:44] | So is that tie, but I’ve made my peace with it. | 你那领带也是 可我都没计较 |
[11:45] | Look, I don’t give a shit | 我才不管你 |
[11:46] | whether you made your peace with it or not. | 计较什么 |
[11:47] | You want in my room? | 你想参加取证 |
[11:48] | You’re not bringing peanuts. | 就不许带花生 |
[11:51] | You really are ready. | 真是准备好了啊 |
[11:53] | Here. | 接着 |
[11:58] | What’s this? | 什么东西 |
[11:59] | Harvey’s interviews the day Mike Ross was hired. | 迈克·罗斯被录取那天哈维的面试名单 |
[12:02] | But Mike Ross isn’t on it. | 但迈克·罗斯不在上面 |
[12:06] | Where’d you get this? | 你在哪拿到的 |
[12:07] | Doesn’t matter where I got it. The fact is I did. | 那不重要 反正已经拿到了 |
[12:09] | Are you asking me why Mike Ross isn’t on it? | 你是想问为什么迈克·罗斯不在上面吗 |
[12:11] | Yeah, Donna, that’s precisely what I’m asking. | 是的 唐娜 我就想问这个 |
[12:13] | How exactly did Harvey find him? | 哈维是怎么找到他的 |
[12:16] | We didn’t find him, he found us. | 不是我们找到了他 是他找到了我们 |
[12:18] | What are you talking about? | 什么意思 |
[12:23] | Mike hadn’t signed up for the interview on time, | 迈克没有及时报名面试 |
[12:25] | so he pretended to be one of the other associates on the list. | 所以他假装成名单上的律师 |
[12:28] | He talked his way past me | 他说服了我 |
[12:29] | and impressed the shit out of Harvey, | 还给哈维留下深刻印象 |
[12:31] | whose main requirement was somebody who had the balls | 哈维就想招一个 |
[12:32] | to do something like that in the first place. | 有胆量这么做的人 |
[12:35] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[12:38] | What if he had the balls to do something | 如果他有胆量做些 |
[12:39] | a lot bigger than that? | 比这严重的多的事呢 |
[12:41] | What are you talking about? | 你什么意思 |
[12:43] | I think Mike Ross went to a subpar law school | 我认为迈克·罗斯上的是一所很差的法学院 |
[12:45] | and has been lying about it the whole time. | 而且一直在用谎言掩盖这个事实 |
[12:46] | Louis, listen to yourself. | 路易 听听你自己说的话 |
[12:48] | You’re talking about Mike. | 你说的可是迈克 |
[12:49] | You’re insane. | 你简直疯了 |
[12:50] | I’m– | 我 |
[12:52] | Okay, I was in the Harvard file room with Sheila. | 好吧 我曾和希拉去过哈佛档案室 |
[12:55] | Don’t ask details. | 别问我细节 |
[12:57] | And I noticed Mike Ross’ file was not there. | 我发现那里没有迈克·罗斯的档案 |
[13:01] | You specifically looked for his file? | 你还专门去找了他的档案 |
[13:03] | Yes, and I looked for Harvey’s too, | 是的 我也找了哈维的 |
[13:05] | and his was there. | 他的就有 |
[13:06] | And by the way, he looked like a major douche. | 顺便说一句 他过去看上去像个蠢货 |
[13:08] | So you looked at a grand total of two files | 所以你在数以万计的档案里面 |
[13:10] | out of tens of thousands, | 寻找两个档案 |
[13:11] | and this is the conclusion you jump to? | 然后就得出了这个结论 |
[13:15] | What is wrong with you? | 你到底出了什么问题 |
[13:16] | You don’t know Sheila. | 你不了解希拉 |
[13:17] | She’s like a surgeon, and the files are her patients. | 她就像个外科医生 这些档案就是病人 |
[13:19] | She doesn’t make mistakes. | 她不会犯错误 |
[13:20] | – You told her about this? – Hell no. | -那你跟她讲过这件事吗 -当然没有 |
[13:23] | She told me not to touch any of those files, | 她让我不要碰任何档案 |
[13:25] | and she’d kill me if she found out that I did. | 如果被她发现 她会杀了我 |
[13:26] | I just asked her about it generally. | 我只是泛泛的问了一下 |
[13:27] | Well, of course she’s gonna say she never loses one, | 她当然会说自己从来没丢过档案 |
[13:30] | but I can tell you from personal experience, | 但就我的个人经验来说 |
[13:32] | anything can happen to a file. | 任何事情都有可能发生 |
[13:36] | – I don’t know.- Well, I do. | -我不知道 -我知道 |
[13:38] | I know Mike, and I know he’s for real. | 我了解迈克 我知道他的本事 |
[13:40] | But if you still doubt it, there’s an easy answer. | 但如果你还是怀疑 有个很简单的方法 |
[13:43] | Just call up Harvard and ask for a copy of his transcript. | 给哈佛打电话要一份他的成绩单复印件 |
[13:45] | And what if it’s not there? | 如果这东西不存在呢 |
[13:48] | Then I will apologize for calling you insane | 那我会就像你道歉 叫你疯子的事 |
[13:51] | and personally help you escort Mike Ross out of the building. | 并且亲自帮助你把迈克·罗斯赶出大厦 |
[14:00] | Good-bye. | 再见 |
[14:02] | In 2002, you were sued for the malfunctioning | 2002年 你因为一个旧款心脏支架 |
[14:04] | of an earlier model of the heart stent. | 失效而被起诉 |
[14:06] | Is that correct? | 对吗 |
[14:06] | Yes, and we admitted wrongdoing. | 是的 并且我们承认了过失 |
[14:09] | The stent that was installed in your patient was a new model | 安装在你病人体内的支架是一个 |
[14:11] | developed through three years of extensive trials. | 经过三年大量实验研发出的新型号 |
[14:15] | Making it outside the scope, and frankly, not a good argument | 因此不在讨论范围内 而且实话实说 |
[14:17] | for establishing pattern. | 那也并不是一个建立模式的好论点 |
[14:19] | They saw a problem, and they fixed it. | 他们发现了问题 并解决了它 |
[14:21] | How horrible, we should sue them. | 太糟了 我们应该起诉他们啊 |
[14:22] | We’re not in court. | 我们现在并没有在法庭上 |
[14:24] | Opening statements are made before a judge, | 开庭陈述是要说给法官听的 |
[14:25] | or have you never been in court before? | 还是你根本就没上过庭 |
[14:27] | I just wanted to give you a taste, | 我就是想让你先体会一下 |
[14:28] | seeing as we’re never actually gonna get there. | 因为也许我们根本上不到法庭 |
[14:31] | A dismissal is never gonna happen, son. | 这个案子不可能被驳回 孩子 |
[14:37] | Sorry for your loss, son. | 我很抱歉 孩子 |
[14:41] | What? | 什么 |
[14:42] | I’m saying, don’t hope for a dismissal. | 我是说不要期待这个案子被驳回 |
[14:45] | Please direct your questions to our client. | 请对我们的客户直接提出你的问题 |
[14:46] | That wasn’t a question. It was a comment. | 我所说的不是问题 只是观点 |
[14:49] | Here’s a question for you, Mr. Dimond. | 确实有个问题 戴蒙德先生 |
[14:51] | What is this really worth to you? | 这个案子对你来讲到底意味着什么 |
[14:53] | You may think you have a defense. | 你也许认为你能赢 |
[14:54] | Your lawyer certainly thinks you do. | 但你的律师似乎认为你一定赢 |
[14:56] | But I just want to be clear about the facts. | 但我只想跟你表明一下事实 |
[14:58] | What is this really worth to you? | 这个案子对你来讲到底意味着什么 |
[15:00] | There’s no question, this was a terrible accident. | 毫无疑问 这是个可怕的意外 |
[15:04] | But let’s be clear about the facts. | 但跟你表明一下事实 |
[15:06] | His blood alcohol level is an issue here. | 他的血液酒精含量是个问题 |
[15:11] | If you pursue this in court, | 如果你坚持上庭 |
[15:12] | there’s no guarantee you’ll receive anything. | 你可能什么都得不到 |
[15:15] | Think about the boy. | 为孩子想想 |
[15:17] | Think about what he needs. | 想想他需要什么 |
[15:19] | Something is better than nothing. | 有总比没有好 |
[15:29] | Stop stalling, Mr. Ross. | 别愣神了 罗斯先生 |
[15:36] | – Um, I– – He’s not stalling. | -我 -他不是在愣神 |
[15:38] | And we’re under no obligation | 并且我们没有义务 |
[15:39] | to disclose trials from an earlier model. | 公开之前那个型号的实验信息 |
[15:42] | It’s beyond the scope. | 这不在讨论范围内 |
[15:43] | Our expert will place that study within the scope. | 我们的专家会想办法把它列入到范围内的 |
[15:46] | If there isn’t a trial, | 如果我们不上庭 |
[15:47] | your expert won’t have any scope to place it in. | 你的专家根本就没有范围可以列入 |
[15:50] | And since you insist on asking questions | 鉴于你坚持要提一些 |
[15:51] | we’re under no obligation to answer, | 我们没有义务回答的问题 |
[15:53] | this deposition is over. | 此次取证结束了 |
[16:01] | What the hell happened in there? | 刚才出了什么事 |
[16:01] | You said you wanted to watch, not hijack my case. | 你说你只是看看 不会抢我的案子 |
[16:03] | You said you were going to kick his ass, | 你还说你会好好教训他呢 |
[16:05] | not drift into never-never land. | 而不是梦游仙境 |
[16:06] | – I’m handling it. – Handling it? | -我在处理了 -处理 |
[16:08] | I could’ve eaten that whole bag of peanuts | 你回答那个问题的间隙 |
[16:09] | in the pause you took to answer that question. | 我都能吃完整包花生了 |
[16:12] | You got thrown, and I bailed you out. | 你出局了 而我把你保了下来 |
[16:14] | Harvey, this is my case. | 哈维 这是我的案子 |
[16:15] | This is not your case. It’s the client’s case. | 这不是你的案子 是客户的案子 |
[16:18] | And after what happened in there, | 而且经历了刚才那一幕 |
[16:19] | they’re in a worse position than when we started. | 他们的处境比刚开始时更糟了 |
[16:21] | Look, I know I got thrown, but I can still recover. | 我知道刚才被修理了 但我能挽回局面 |
[16:23] | Maybe, | 也许吧 |
[16:24] | but they’re gonna call in a half an hour | 但是他们一个半小时之内就会打电话过来 |
[16:25] | wanting to take the deal, | 想要和解了 |
[16:26] | and when they do, I’m gonna buy you one day, | 到那时 我会帮你拖一天 |
[16:29] | and then I’m pulling the plug. | 然后我就结了这个案子 |
[16:36] | Hey, do you have a minute? | 有空吗 |
[16:38] | – I’m a little busy right now. – We have a problem. | -我这会儿有点忙 -我们有麻烦了 |
[16:40] | Scottie’s not going to be a problem. | 斯科特不会惹麻烦的 |
[16:41] | I thought it through– | 我全面考虑过了 |
[16:42] | Louis might be onto Mike. | 路易可能发现迈克的事了 |
[16:48] | He found out that Mike doesn’t have a file | 他在哈佛的档案室里 |
[16:50] | in the Harvard file room | 没找到迈克的档案 |
[16:51] | and that he wasn’t on your original interview list. | 还发现他不在你原先的面试名单上 |
[16:54] | What did you tell him? | 你和他说了什么 |
[16:55] | Well, I handled the list. | 我把面试名单那个圆过去了 |
[16:56] | – What about the other? – What could I tell him? | -那其他的呢 -我还能怎么说啊 |
[16:58] | I mean, I told him if he was so curious, | 我告诉他假如他真这么好奇的话 |
[17:00] | he could order a copy of Mike’s transcript. | 他可以索要一份迈克的成绩单 |
[17:02] | Then we don’t have a problem. | 那我们就没什么麻烦了 |
[17:03] | Well, don’t you think maybe we should do something else? | 你不觉得我们该做点别的什么吗 |
[17:06] | Anything else is just going to make him more suspicious. | 不管做什么都只会让他更加怀疑 |
[17:09] | – Are you sure? – Yeah, I’m sure. | -你确定 -是的 我确定 |
[17:11] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[17:13] | Oh, wait a second. | 等等 |
[17:13] | Where did you say Louis was again? | 你刚刚说路易去了哪里 |
[17:15] | Oh, he was in the Harvard file room. | 他去了哈佛的档案室 |
[17:16] | How was he in the Harvard file room? | 他怎么能进哈佛的档案室 |
[17:17] | He has a relationship with Sheila Sazs. | 他和希拉·赛斯有一腿 |
[17:20] | What? | 什么 |
[17:21] | Yeah, never mind. We’re good. | 是的 别担心 没事的 |
[17:37] | Oh, thank you, | 谢谢 |
[17:38] | But I’m sorry, I don’t have time. | 但是不好意思 我现在没时间 |
[17:40] | It’s food. It’s not going to stop you. | 这是食物 这不会耽误你什么的 |
[17:42] | It’s going to keep you going. | 反而能让你坚持下去 |
[17:43] | Yeah, I don’t need food. | 是的 但我不需要食物 |
[17:44] | I need to find something I can take | 我需要的是找到一些能让我带去 |
[17:45] | to this dismissal hearing tomorrow. | 明天的撤诉听证上的东西 |
[17:48] | Mike, it was a pretty decent settlement. | 迈克 这和解开出的条件挺不错的 |
[17:50] | Would it really be so bad to just take it? | 接受这个和解真有这么糟糕吗 |
[17:56] | My dad was one of those guys | 我爸就是个什么事 |
[17:58] | who liked to celebrate everything– | 都喜欢庆祝的人 |
[18:02] | the half birthdays or first time | 半岁生日 或是我第一次 |
[18:04] | I struck someone out at little league. | 在棒球小联盟里把某个人三振出局 |
[18:07] | And the last time I saw them, | 我最后一次见他们时 |
[18:08] | they were celebrating the anniversary of their first date. | 他们在过他们的第一次约会纪念日 |
[18:14] | They were so excited, all dressed up, | 他们当时很兴奋 全部盛装打扮了 |
[18:17] | and I was annoyed, | 而我当时却很恼火 |
[18:20] | because I didn’t want to | 因为我不想 |
[18:21] | spend the night at my grandmother’s house. | 去我奶奶家过夜 |
[18:24] | So before they left, | 所以他们出发前 |
[18:26] | my dad came upstairs to say good-bye, | 我爸上楼来和我道别 |
[18:28] | and I told him that celebrating a first date was stupid. | 我对他说 庆祝第一次约会真是傻死了 |
[18:33] | And he just looks at me like, | 然后他就这样看着我 好像对我说 |
[18:35] | “Michael, you have no idea | “迈克 你完全不了解 |
[18:36] | how important a first date can be.” | 第一次约会有多重要” |
[18:40] | Theirs must have been a great one. | 他们的第一次约会一定很棒 |
[18:42] | No, no, no, it was a total disaster. | 不不不 完全是一场灾难 |
[18:45] | He spilled wine all over her. He forgot his wallet. | 他把酒撒了她一身 还忘带钱包了 |
[18:50] | And then, for some reason, this woman, you know– | 然后 不知怎么的 这个女人 |
[18:52] | this woman who he knew was just perfect– | 这个他认为是完美的女人 |
[18:57] | agreed to a second date. | 同意了第二次约会 |
[19:00] | And a third. | 然后同意了第三次 |
[19:03] | And everything after that. | 然后同意了之后的一切 |
[19:06] | I wish I could have met them. | 我真希望我见过他们 |
[19:09] | He tried to hug me good-bye… | 他试着和我拥抱告别 |
[19:15] | but I didn’t hug him back. | 但我没有抱他 |
[19:21] | I didn’t even go downstairs to say good-bye to my mom. | 我甚至都没下楼和我妈说再见 |
[19:35] | And then they were gone. | 然后他们就去了 |
[19:39] | And then the next morning, Rinaldi shows up at our house, | 第二天早晨 里纳尔迪出现在我们家 |
[19:42] | and he offers my grandmother | 他提供给我奶奶 |
[19:44] | the equivalent of one year’s rent. | 相当于一年租金那么多的钱 |
[19:49] | Rinaldi didn’t kill my parents, | 虽然里纳尔迪没有杀害我的父母 |
[19:50] | but he did try to tell me what their lives were worth. | 但他确实试图告诉我我父母的命值多少钱 |
[19:54] | And I’m sorry, but I know that my mom and dad were worth… | 但很抱歉 我知道我父母的命 |
[19:59] | a lot more than that. | 比那个数字多得多 |
[20:01] | Forget the food. | 别管那些食物了 |
[20:04] | Give me half the files. | 分一半文件给我 |
[20:21] | What about a hedge fund guy? It’s big money. | 找个对冲基金的人怎样 他们钱多 |
[20:23] | Think bigger. | 野心再大一点 |
[20:25] | Obama. | 奥巴马 |
[20:26] | I’m not going to land the president | 我才不要捞个总统 |
[20:27] | as my first client. | 来做我的第一个客户呢 |
[20:28] | Fine, if you don’t think you can. | 好吧 假如你觉得自己不行的话 |
[20:30] | You’re not going to manipulate me into trying to land Obama. | 你无法操纵我去把奥巴马捞来做客户的 |
[20:33] | Well, it better be somebody like that, | 最好找个这样的 |
[20:35] | or Jessica won’t give up on her early buy-in bullshit. | 不然杰西卡不会放弃提前入股款的 |
[20:38] | What if I got myself a sports guy? | 我要是给自己找个搞体育的人呢 |
[20:40] | The very fact that you call it “a sports guy” | 事实上你称呼人家为”搞体育的” |
[20:42] | means it’s a no. | 就说明这行不通了 |
[20:44] | Harvey, just because I don’t know sports | 哈维 我不懂体育 |
[20:45] | doesn’t mean I don’t know you. | 不代表我不懂你 |
[20:48] | What are you talking about? | 你在说什么 |
[20:49] | If I’m going to change Jessica’s mind, | 假如我要改变杰西卡的想法 |
[20:51] | I can’t just land someone, | 仅仅拉个客户是不够的 |
[20:51] | I have to land someone you couldn’t. | 我得拉到个你拉不到的人才行 |
[20:53] | There’s no one I couldn’t land. | 没有我拉不到的人 |
[20:56] | You think I don’t know about Beijing? | 你以为我不知道北京发生的事吗 |
[21:01] | That’s his word against mine. | 那是他的一家之言 |
[21:05] | I guess we can clear that up right now, | 我猜我们现在就能搞清楚 |
[21:07] | because look who just walked in. | 因为你看看 刚刚走进来的是谁 |
[21:14] | You knew he was coming here tonight? | 你早知道他今晚会来 |
[21:16] | You think I like Argentinean food? | 你以为我喜欢阿根廷食物吗 |
[21:18] | I just need you to stop him for a second. | 我只是要你拖住他一会儿 |
[21:19] | I get it. | 懂了 |
[21:21] | You got the idea from Working Girl, | 你从《上班女郎》那儿得来的主意 |
[21:23] | when they crash the wedding to get to Trask radio. | 他们毁了婚礼 以得到特斯克电台 |
[21:26] | Harvey, I’m not a 14-year-old girl. | 哈维 我不是什么小女孩 |
[21:27] | I don’t get my ideas from movies. | 不需要从电影里学什么主意 |
[21:31] | Michael. | 迈克尔 |
[21:33] | Harvey. | 哈维 |
[21:34] | I have no interest in talking to you. | 我不想跟你说话 |
[21:37] | Hi. Dana Scott. | 你好 我是达娜·斯科特 |
[21:39] | I work with Harvey, and I don’t blame you. | 我和哈维共事 我不怪你 |
[21:41] | I wouldn’t want him to represent me either. | 我也不会愿意让他代表我 |
[21:42] | But he’s not the only lawyer there. | 但公司的律师不止他一个 |
[21:44] | Let me guess. | 我来猜猜 |
[21:45] | You’ve done your research on my record, | 你已经调查过我的记录了 |
[21:47] | and you’re here to impress me. | 现在是想给我留下好印象 |
[21:48] | That’s what every other lawyer would do. | 别的律师都会这么做的 |
[21:50] | – I didn’t do that. – Harvey, shut up. | -我就没有 -哈维 闭嘴 |
[21:52] | I don’t give a shit about how fast you used to swim. | 我才不管你能游多快呢 |
[21:54] | I only care about how fast I can make you money. | 我只在乎我帮你赚钱的速度有多块 |
[21:57] | How fast is that? | 能有多快 |
[21:58] | Why don’t you sit down, and I’ll tell you? | 不如先坐下来 我再告诉你 |
[22:02] | – All right. – Okay. | -行 -好 |
[22:06] | Harvey, you mind? | 哈维 不介意吧 |
[22:07] | – Actually, I– – Great. | -其实我… -好极了 |
[22:08] | I’ll see you tomorrow. | 明天见 |
[22:12] | Good to see you, buddy. | 见到你很高兴 伙计 |
[22:14] | So what really happened in Beijing? | 北京那边到底怎么回事 |
[22:16] | Let’s get a drink first. | 先喝一杯再说 |
[22:18] | Sounds good. | 好主意 |
[22:20] | Doctor, how routine is this procedure? | 医生 这程序有多常规 |
[22:22] | Sid Foreman should have been dancing | 西德·福尔曼本来在大概一周后 |
[22:23] | at his daughter’s wedding a week later. | 就能在女儿婚礼上跳舞了 |
[22:25] | Instead, he went into heart failure. | 但他心力衰竭了 |
[22:29] | Dr. Lombard, on december 7, 2006, | 隆巴德医生 2006年12月7日 |
[22:31] | did a patient die on your table | 是否有病人在常规血管成型手术中 |
[22:34] | during a routine angioplasty? | 死在手术台上 |
[22:35] | Objection, your honor. Relevance? | 反对 法官大人 问题相关吗 |
[22:37] | It speaks to his qualifications as an expert witness, Your Honor. | 判断他作为鉴定人是否合格 法官大人 |
[22:40] | I’ll allow. | 允许提问 |
[22:42] | Yes, a patient died. | 是 有名病人死了 |
[22:44] | And was a malpractice suit filed against you for physician error? | 是否有人以医疗失误为由起诉你玩忽职守呢 |
[22:47] | That case was sealed. | 那个案件被封存了 |
[22:48] | I didn’t ask you if it was sealed. | 我没有问你是否被封存 |
[22:49] | I asked if it was filed. | 我问的是 是否提起了诉讼 |
[22:51] | It was. | 是 |
[22:52] | – And settled? – For almost nothing– | -和解了吗 -几乎没什么… |
[22:54] | Objection, your honor. | 反对 法官大人 |
[22:55] | Move to strike. The case is sealed. | 要求撤消提问 案件已被封存 |
[22:57] | The witness isn’t allowed to testify | 目击者不能提供 |
[22:58] | to the details of that settlement. | 关于该和解的证词 |
[22:59] | Sustained. | 反对有效 |
[23:00] | Have you practiced medicine since? | 你此后进行过医疗工作吗 |
[23:03] | Yes, I’ve been practicing. | 对 一直在进行 |
[23:04] | I’m sorry, what I meant to say is have you performed surgery, | 抱歉 我想问你是否实施过手术 |
[23:07] | The job you spent seven years training to do? | 为这一技能你训练了七年 |
[23:10] | No. | 没有 |
[23:11] | What, loss of confidence? | 怎么 信心不足吗 |
[23:13] | They wouldn’t let you? | 还是他们不让 |
[23:14] | Objection. Speculation. | 反对 推测行为 |
[23:15] | I want an answer to my question. | 我希望问题得到回答 |
[23:17] | I chose to do other things. | 我选择做其他事 |
[23:18] | Other things that don’t involve the chance of you killing people? | 其他没有致死风险的事情吗 |
[23:21] | – Objection! – Withdrawn. | -反对 -撤回 |
[23:22] | What’s your primary source of income? | 你收入的基本来源是什么 |
[23:24] | I work as an expert witness. | 鉴定人 |
[23:25] | so you testify now to make a living, | 你现在以作证维生 |
[23:27] | because you don’t trust yourself to do the job | 因为你认为自己做不好 |
[23:29] | that you were trained to do? | 本身受训该做的工作吗 |
[23:31] | I can speak to the facts of this case– | 我可以证实这宗案件的事实 |
[23:32] | Yes, you can speak to them, | 对 你可以证实 |
[23:33] | but how are we supposed to trust your opinion about them | 但连你自己都明显的不信任自己 |
[23:35] | when you clearly don’t trust yourself? | 让我们如何信任你 |
[23:45] | You raised some doubts about my expert. | 你质疑了我的专家 |
[23:47] | That isn’t gonna get this case dismissed. | 那也不会让这个案子撤销的 |
[23:48] | Maybe not, but if that’s the best expert you can come up with, | 可能不会 但如果这是你能找到最好的专家 |
[23:50] | then your client just got a taste of how this trial is gonna go. | 那你的客户大概能看到这场审讯的结果 |
[23:53] | My client is not gonna drop this case, | 我的客户不会撤诉的 |
[23:55] | and neither am I. | 我也不会 |
[24:00] | Well, then you are forcing me to use this. | 那你是逼我走这步棋了 |
[24:03] | It’s a picture of Mr. Foreman at his daughter’s wedding. | 这是福尔曼先生在女儿婚礼上的照片 |
[24:05] | It’s a picture of Mr. Foreman drinking alcohol | 这是福尔曼先生在女儿婚礼上 |
[24:07] | at his daughter’s wedding. | 喝酒的照片 |
[24:08] | It’s a toast. It was one sip. | 那是祝酒 不过一小口 |
[24:10] | One sip two hours before his stent supposedly malfunctioned. | 他的支架失灵两小时前的一小口 |
[24:13] | Alcohol was strictly forbidden following his surgery, | 他术后严禁饮酒 |
[24:15] | which makes him liable for his own death. | 所以他的死亡是自身的责任 |
[24:17] | This is a total twisting of the facts. | 这完全是扭曲事实 |
[24:20] | You can’t prove this caused anything. | 你证明不了它引起了任何事 |
[24:21] | You can’t prove it was only one sip, | 你也没法证明这只是一小口 |
[24:22] | and it doesn’t matter, because I submit this, | 其实也无所谓 因为一旦我上交了这张照片 |
[24:24] | it’s contributory negligence, and your case is gone. | 那就是受害者本身的过失 你的案子就没了 |
[24:28] | And you say I’m a monster. | 你还说我是怪物吗 |
[24:31] | Being a monster would be putting your client | 那是因为你把你的客户 |
[24:33] | on the stand and making her testify | 让她亲自出庭作证 |
[24:34] | that her husband’s death was his own damn fault. | 她丈夫的死是咎由自取 |
[24:41] | Hi, Donna. | 你好啊 唐娜 |
[24:42] | Hi, Louis. | 你好 路易 |
[24:44] | I’m nothing if not a big man, | 我是个有担当的爷们 |
[24:47] | and I am not ashamed to admit when I am wrong. | 出错的时候我会低头认错 |
[24:50] | You got Mike’s transcript. | 你拿到迈克的成绩单了 |
[24:52] | Arrived this morning. | 今早刚送到 |
[24:54] | Imagine that, Mike Ross went to Harvard. | 快看啊 迈克·罗斯是哈佛毕业的呢 |
[24:55] | – What a shocker. – You were right. | -真”不敢相信”啊 -你说得对 |
[24:58] | Never should have doubted it. | 从不该怀疑他 |
[24:59] | You know, it’s just hard to imagine a world | 只是很难相信 |
[25:02] | in which Sheila made a mistake, though. | 希拉竟然也会出错 |
[25:03] | Well, it’s just good you can put this to bed | 起码这事已经真相大白 |
[25:05] | once and for all. | 你可以消停了 |
[25:06] | Yeah, see, that’s the thing. | 还有个事儿 |
[25:08] | If Sheila’s competence is that important to her, | 既然希拉这么看重自己的能力 |
[25:10] | I need to tell her about this, so she can fix it. | 我应该告诉她 看她怎么办 |
[25:14] | You know what, Louis? | 对了 路易 |
[25:16] | It occurred to me after we talked | 我刚想起来 |
[25:18] | that I’m the only one who has the list of associates | 我是唯一有当天哈维面试过的 |
[25:20] | that interviewed with Harvey that day. | 助理候选人名单的人 |
[25:23] | That can’t be right, | 不是啊 |
[25:24] | ‘Cause I got a copy off the general server. | 我从总服务器上下载了一份名单 |
[25:26] | You got a copy by bullying Benjamin | 你拿到名单是靠威胁本杰明 |
[25:28] | into accessing my private files off my hard drive. | 从而非法侵入了我的私人硬盘 |
[25:30] | – That doesn’t sound like me. – Louis. | -这不像我的作风啊 -路易 |
[25:32] | Okay, I did it, but that was only ’cause I was concerned. | 好吧 是我干的 可是我真的很好奇嘛 |
[25:34] | So your concern gives you the right to invade my privacy? | 你好奇就可以随意侵犯我的隐私吗 |
[25:37] | I…what? No, it was just a file. | 我…啥 就一个文件而已 |
[25:39] | How dare you? | 好大的胆子 |
[25:41] | You pretend to be this gallant man. | 你一副相貌堂堂的样子 |
[25:43] | You make a big show of how you would never cross into my area | 对天发誓绝不涉足我的私人空间 |
[25:45] | without my permission. | 除非我允许 |
[25:47] | I am gallant, and I would never dare. | 我就是相貌堂堂 也没胆侵犯你 |
[25:48] | You wouldn’t dare, because you’d have to do it to my face. | 你是没胆当着我的面这么做 |
[25:50] | But you have no problem breaking my trust behind my back, | 可背后捣鬼的事你可一点都不在乎 |
[25:53] | and that not only pisses me off, | 我不光是生气 |
[25:55] | but it makes me question… | 我甚至开始怀疑 |
[25:58] | whether I want to have a relationship with you at all. | 我到底还要不要和你再说一句话 |
[26:01] | I’m so sorry, Donna. | 非常抱歉 唐娜 |
[26:03] | No, Louis, you know what… | 行了 路易 别说了 |
[26:04] | – No, no, no, Donna, I’m sorry. – No, I can’t. | -唐娜 我都道歉了 -我没法 |
[26:07] | – No, no, no, no. – I can’t…I can’t even… | -别别别 -我没法… |
[26:09] | – I’m sorry, I’m sorry. – No, shh! Don’t speak. | -我错了 我错了 -先闭嘴 |
[26:11] | I cannot even look at you right now. | 我都没法看你 |
[26:14] | And I don’t even know why I’m gonna tell you this, | 不过我还是费心提醒你一句 |
[26:16] | but if you pissed me off that much, | 连我都被你气成这样 |
[26:17] | what do you think Sheila’s gonna do | 如果希拉发现你辜负了她的信任 |
[26:18] | when you tell her you violated her trust? | 她会作何反应呢 |
[26:24] | You’re right. | 说的有理 |
[26:26] | Thank you, Donna, | 谢谢你 唐娜 |
[26:28] | for putting your anger on hold long enough to help me salvage | 憋了这么久才发作 以拯救我生命中 |
[26:32] | the single most important non-feline relationship of my life. | 唯一一段不是跟猫咪展开的恋情 |
[26:50] | – Someone’s been a bad boy. – Sheila. | -你又淘气了 -希拉 |
[26:52] | You thought I wouldn’t find out? | 你以为我发现不了吗 |
[26:53] | I hoped you wouldn’t. | 我希望是 |
[26:59] | If you wanted a pair of my underwear, | 你想要人家的小内内 |
[27:02] | you should have just asked. | 就直说嘛 |
[27:04] | Oh, that, Sheila. | 你说这个啊 希拉 |
[27:05] | God, what are you doing here? | 你来这里干嘛啊 |
[27:07] | Aren’t you happy I’m here? | 你不高兴看到我吗 |
[27:10] | Of course, absolutely. | 我当然高兴 |
[27:12] | – You don’t seem happy. – I’m overjoyed. | -你看起来没那么高兴 -我高兴过头了 |
[27:14] | I’m just, you know…I’m just surprised. | 我就是…很惊喜嘛 |
[27:16] | But you’re all nervous and sweaty. | 可你紧张得浑身冒汗 |
[27:18] | Come on, you know my sweat ducts get excited | 你知道的 我每次看见你 |
[27:20] | – when they see you. – Good. | -就激动成这样 -那好 |
[27:22] | Because your sweat ducts are going to be working overtime. | 看来你要再过度激动一点了 |
[27:25] | What? | 什么意思 |
[27:27] | The Chilton, room 305, tonight. | 奇尔顿饭店 305房 今晚等你哦 |
[27:44] | You didn’t have to come all the way over here | 你不必为了放弃案子 |
[27:45] | just to drop the case. | 还特意跑一趟 |
[27:47] | I came here to tell you you’re doing the wrong thing. | 我是来告诫你别做错事的 |
[27:49] | I don’t need a lecture from you on right and wrong. | 我用不着听你的是非观 |
[27:53] | You once asked me how I live with myself. | 你之前问 我如何面对自己 |
[27:55] | Well, somewhere along the way, I realized I had a choice | 这么多年以来 我曾有个机会 |
[27:57] | not to be on the side that made me feel like shit. | 让自己看起来不这么混蛋 |
[28:00] | – You’re on that side now. – Yeah, I don’t feel like shit. | -你现在就这个处境 -我可不是混蛋 |
[28:03] | That’s because you’re telling yourself you’re doing your job. | 因为你觉得你在自尽其责 |
[28:05] | And I’m telling you that you’re bullying someone | 但实际上 你只是在践踏某人 |
[28:06] | who deserves your sympathy. | 而不是同情他 |
[28:07] | You really want to play the bullying card? | 你好意思提”践踏” |
[28:10] | My grandmother lost her only son. | 我奶奶失去了唯一的儿子 |
[28:12] | You used her grief against her. | 她这么痛苦 你却利用了她 |
[28:14] | This has nothing to do with that. | 跟这个无关 |
[28:15] | Look, I know, you need me to be the villain… | 我理解 你把我看成个恶棍 |
[28:18] | No, no, no, no, no. | 不不不 |
[28:19] | You are the villain. | 你本来就是恶棍 |
[28:21] | Well, then congratulations, because you just became me. | 那么恭喜了 你现在跟我一样了 |
[28:26] | What are you talking about? | 你说什么呢 |
[28:32] | Your father had two drinks on the night he was killed. | 你父亲身亡当晚喝了两杯酒 |
[28:35] | That was the reason I was able to get your grandmother to settle. | 所以我才能让你祖母达成和解 |
[28:50] | It’s not every day I get off the elevator | 一出电梯就看到大个子 |
[28:52] | and find someone in my firm that makes me look short. | 这可不是每天都能碰到 |
[28:55] | So you’ve seen our newest client? | 看来你见过新客户了 |
[28:57] | You mean Scottie’s newest client. | 你指斯科特的新客户 |
[28:59] | Michael Phelps may be her client, | 迈克尔·菲尔普斯或许是她的客户 |
[29:00] | but we’re gonna get Speedo. | 但我们也能拿到速比涛[泳衣厂商] |
[29:03] | And why should that make me change my mind? | 我为什么要因此改变主意呢 |
[29:05] | Because their fee is worth more than her buy-in. | 因为他们给的报酬比让她的入股费更高 |
[29:08] | You still think this is about money. | 你还认为这只是钱的问题 |
[29:10] | I told this to Scottie, and now I’m going to tell it to you. | 我已经告诉过斯科特 现在我再告诉你 |
[29:14] | We’ve had too much turnover. | 我们的人事变动太多了 |
[29:16] | We can’t have any more. | 不能再变了 |
[29:17] | Jessica, I’m telling you she’s in. | 杰西卡 我告诉你 她入伙了 |
[29:20] | Then she shouldn’t have any problem | 那她就更不用担心 |
[29:21] | putting her money where her mouth is. | 把钱放入自己公司里了 |
[29:23] | It’s not right. | 不是这样的 |
[29:24] | Harvey, it’s time you and I had the talk. | 哈维 我们该谈谈这件事了 |
[29:27] | I know where babies come from. | 我知道孩子是怎么来的 |
[29:29] | But do you know how couples stay together? | 可你知道情侣间要如何相处吗 |
[29:31] | What are you getting at? | 你想说什么 |
[29:33] | When Daniel and I took over the firm, | 丹尼尔和我接管这间律所的时候 |
[29:35] | We had a heart-to-heart. | 我们推心置腹地谈过了 |
[29:37] | He had a philosophy that I agreed to live by. | 他有个理念我十分赞同 |
[29:39] | Daniel was a piece of shit. | 丹尼尔就是坨狗屎 |
[29:40] | Doesn’t mean his philosophy was. | 那不代表他的理念也是 |
[29:45] | I’m listening. | 洗耳恭听 |
[29:46] | He told me, for a partnership to work, | 他告诉我 要维持合伙人关系 |
[29:49] | there has to be trust between number one and number two. | 一把手和二把手之间必须有信任 |
[29:52] | You don’t have to agree with me, | 你不一定要赞同我 |
[29:53] | but you have to trust that I listen to you, | 但你必须相信 我会听你的意见 |
[29:56] | that my decisions are reasoned, | 我的决定是合理的 |
[29:58] | and that I am doing what I think is right. | 以及我会做我认为对的事 |
[30:00] | Jessica– | 杰西卡 |
[30:00] | You can’t have two presidents, Harvey. | 公司不能有两个老大 |
[30:03] | Now I chose to trust you when you said | 现在我选择相信你说的 |
[30:04] | you didn’t want to be managing partner. | 你不想成为经营合伙人 |
[30:06] | – Was that true or not? – It was. | -那是真的吗 -是 |
[30:08] | Then I need you to accept this. | 那你就得接受这个 |
[30:11] | What if I had an idea | 如果我有个主意 |
[30:12] | where maybe we can both get what we want? | 能让我们都得偿所愿呢 |
[30:18] | I’m listening. | 洗耳恭听 |
[30:24] | That’s never happened to me before. | 我从来没这样过 |
[30:27] | – It’s okay. – No, it isn’t. | -没事的 -不 有事 |
[30:30] | Black Hawk Down. | 《黑鹰坠落》 |
[30:31] | First of all, | 首先 |
[30:33] | that’s an amazing movie, and you should be proud | 那部电影很棒 你该感到骄傲 |
[30:35] | that you are associated with it. | 能用它来双关 |
[30:37] | And second of all, I think I know what the problem is. | 其次 我想我知道问题所在 |
[30:40] | You do? | 真的吗 |
[30:42] | It’s about what happened in the file room. | 是因为档案室里发生的事 |
[30:47] | Listen, sheila, I can’t tell you | 听着 希拉 我都说不出 |
[30:49] | how that’s been weighing on my mind. | 那件事有多让我苦恼 |
[30:50] | No, I get it. | 不 我明白 |
[30:52] | Now that we’ve declared our love, | 现在我们已经正式恋爱了 |
[30:56] | you think of me as a good girl. | 你认为我是个好女孩 |
[30:59] | And you need me to be bad. | 但你希望我是个坏女孩 |
[31:01] | – What? – It happens all the time. | -什么 -这很正常 |
[31:04] | We’re in a relationship now, and you think that changes | 我们现在确定关系了 你觉得 |
[31:06] | the nature of our sexual relationship. | 这会改变我们性关系的本质 |
[31:09] | But I am here to assure you… | 但我向你保证 |
[31:12] | I can be bad. | 我可以很坏的 |
[31:13] | – Okay, that’s not actually what– – Liar. | -好吧 其实这不是我… -骗人 |
[31:17] | Take it easy. | 冷静点 |
[31:19] | I am being serious right now. | 我是说认真的 |
[31:20] | You think I’m not being serious? | 你觉得我不是认真的 |
[31:23] | I’m deadly serious. | 我认真的要命 |
[31:26] | Say it again. | 再叫一遍 |
[31:33] | Well, what do you know? | 你知道吗 |
[31:35] | The Dark Knight Rises. | 《黑暗骑士崛起》 |
[31:50] | – She went for it. – She did? | -她同意了 -是吗 |
[31:52] | One catch. | 只是有个条件 |
[31:53] | What? | 什么 |
[31:54] | You have to sign an ironclad noncompete. | 你得签一份万无一失的非竞争条款 |
[31:56] | You can’t represent any Pearson Specter clients | 如果你离开 你就不能代理 |
[31:59] | if you leave. | 皮尔逊-斯佩克特的任何客户 |
[32:01] | – Including Phelps? – Including Phelps. | -包括菲尔普斯 -包括菲尔普斯 |
[32:03] | How is that any different than paying in early? | 那和之前说的让我付钱入伙有什么区别 |
[32:05] | – It’s $1/2 million different. – Harvey. | -有五十万的区别 -哈维 |
[32:08] | Scottie, this is the best we’re gonna do. | 斯科特 这已经是最好的条件了 |
[32:12] | Phelps brings in the money. | 菲尔普斯是个财神 |
[32:14] | But if you leave and take him away, | 但如果你离开了还把他带走了 |
[32:16] | What good does that do Jessica? | 这对杰西卡有什么好处呢 |
[32:18] | Jessica or you? | 杰西卡还是你 |
[32:19] | Are you kidding? Are you questioning me? | 你在说笑吗 你在质疑我吗 |
[32:22] | You’ve been known to manipulate situations before. | 你之前就总是操纵整个局势 |
[32:24] | If it were up to me, I’d waive your whole buy-in. | 要是我说了算 我就直接让你入伙了 |
[32:28] | Now I know you’re full of shit. | 现在我知道了你就是个人渣 |
[32:29] | You’re right, I am. | 没错 我是 |
[32:30] | So get your check ready, ’cause in six months, you’re paying it. | 准备好支票 六个月后 你就得付钱了 |
[32:34] | Are we really doing this? | 我们真要这么做吗 |
[32:41] | Sign it. Give it to Jessica. | 签了它 交给杰西卡 |
[32:45] | Tomorrow we’ll celebrate with dinner at my place. | 明天我们就在我家吃晚饭庆祝 |
[32:52] | Where did you get this? | 你从哪弄来的 |
[32:54] | Rinaldi. | 里纳尔迪 |
[32:55] | Mike, I know what you’re thinking, | 迈克 我知道你在想什么 |
[32:56] | But your father wasn’t legally drunk. | 但法律上来说你父亲没有喝醉 |
[32:58] | Yeah, but he wasn’t sober either. | 是 但他也不是完全清醒 |
[33:02] | And how do I know those two drinks aren’t | 而且我怎么知道那两瓶酒 |
[33:03] | the split second that he needed not to… | 是不是刚好就是他… |
[33:07] | You don’t know that this had | 你并不知道那和这次事故 |
[33:08] | anything to do with the accident. | 有没有关系 |
[33:09] | Rachel, do you have any idea how many times I have wished | 瑞秋 你知不知道我有多希望 |
[33:13] | that they hadn’t gone out that night | 那晚他们没有出门 |
[33:14] | or that they had taken a different route home | 或者他选了别的路线回家 |
[33:16] | or any one of a thousand other things, | 或者其他上千种可能 |
[33:17] | but the one thing–the one thing that I never wished | 但只有一件 只有一件是我没想过的 |
[33:20] | is that my father hadn’t been drinking | 就是我父亲被醉鬼撞死的那晚 |
[33:22] | the night that he got killed by a drunk– | 没喝酒就好了 |
[33:34] | I know he wasn’t perfect. | 我知道他不是完人 |
[33:41] | But he was. | 但他曾经是 |
[33:45] | He was perfect to me, and… | 他对我来说是完美的 |
[33:49] | I don’t want to have to wonder | 而我不想怀疑 |
[33:50] | if this is all his fault. | 这是否全是他的错 |
[33:54] | Mike. | 迈克 |
[33:58] | He is just trying to get to you. | 他就是想让你这样 |
[34:00] | Well, he’s got to me. | 那他成功了 |
[34:04] | I mean, how am I any different than him, Rachel? | 我是说 我和他又有什么差别呢 瑞秋 |
[34:07] | Because it’s a bullshit claim. | 因为这是一起扯淡的诉讼 |
[34:12] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[34:16] | I know I’m gonna win. | 我知道我会赢 |
[34:21] | But I don’t know. | 但我不知道该不该 |
[34:24] | Here you are. | 你在这啊 |
[34:25] | – Been looking all over for you. – Why? | -我到处找你来着 -怎么了 |
[34:27] | I just wanted to apologize once again | 我只是想为我侵犯你 |
[34:29] | for crossing the threshold of your electronic area. | 电脑里的隐私再次道歉 |
[34:31] | It’s okay, Louis. | 没关系 路易 |
[34:32] | No, no, I breached your mainframe. | 不 不 我入侵了你的计算机 |
[34:34] | No excuse. | 我愧对你 |
[34:36] | Why is your face so red? | 你的脸怎么这么红 |
[34:38] | It’s because you gave me the greatest advice in the world. | 因为你给了我一个世上最棒的建议 |
[34:40] | What are you talking about? | 你什么意思 |
[34:41] | Let’s just say that I’m never gonna tell sheila what I did | 总之我永远不会告诉希拉 |
[34:43] | in that file room that night, ever. | 那晚我在档案室的事 永远不 |
[34:47] | Apology accepted. | 那我接受你的道歉 |
[34:50] | Now if you’ll excuse me, | 现在失陪一下 |
[34:50] | I need to put some peas on my face. | 我得往脸上糊点豌豆消肿 |
[35:01] | Your move didn’t work. I didn’t go into a tailspin. | 你那招没用 我并没因此退缩 |
[35:05] | I wasn’t trying to send you into a tailspin. | 我没打算让你退缩 |
[35:06] | I was just trying to get you to understand. | 我只是想让你了解真相 |
[35:08] | Well, I do understand. | 我现在了解了 |
[35:11] | That doesn’t mean I’m gonna sell my client out. | 但那不代表我会出卖我的客户 |
[35:13] | Then why are we here? | 那你是来干嘛的 |
[35:14] | You want to sue someone, you should sue these people. | 你要起诉 应该起诉这些人 |
[35:17] | They’re the ones that make the medicine | 支架上的药物涂层 |
[35:18] | that stent was coated with. | 就是他们制作的 |
[35:20] | And you know that medicine has something to do with this case? | 你知道这些药物和这个案子有关吗 |
[35:22] | I know there’s as much evidence against them | 我知道足够多的不利于他们的证据 |
[35:24] | as there is against my client. | 和不利我客户的证据一样多 |
[35:25] | That’s why you’re pointing me there, | 你告诉我这些 |
[35:26] | because they’re not your client. | 就因为他们不是你的客户 |
[35:29] | You know, nothing’s gonna bring Mr. Foreman back. | 福尔曼先生不会起死回生 |
[35:33] | Just like there’s nothing | 就像我的父母 |
[35:34] | that’s gonna bring my parents back. | 也不会回来了 |
[35:38] | This is the best way I can see to get your client compensation. | 这是我能想到让你客户得到偿金最好的办法 |
[35:41] | If you think you’re doing the right thing, you’re wrong. | 如果你以为你做了正确的事 那你错了 |
[35:43] | I’m trying to help, | 我只是想帮忙 |
[35:46] | but I’m not gonna sell my client out. | 但我不会出卖我的客户 |
[35:47] | It’s a half measure. | 这只是个折衷的办法 |
[35:56] | All right, then here’s the other half. | 好吧 还有另一个办法 |
[36:00] | I pointed out your Achilles’ heel | 我指出的你的致命弱点 |
[36:01] | when I found that photo, and I found it on Facebook. | 就是那张照片 我在脸书上找到的 |
[36:06] | Do your client a favor, and have them take it down | 帮你客户个忙 让他们在你提交诉讼前 |
[36:07] | before you file that suit. | 把照片删掉吧 |
[36:13] | So you’re gonna fly back to London, get your life in order, | 所以你要飞回伦敦 安排好你的生活 |
[36:16] | and move back in two weeks. | 两周内搬回来 |
[36:19] | Tickets are booked. | 票已经定好了 |
[36:22] | Here’s to your new partnership. | 敬崭新的合伙关系 |
[36:25] | I just have one question. | 我只有一个问题 |
[36:28] | Why did Jessica specifically make me agree to something | 为什么杰西卡会明确答应我 |
[36:30] | that’s a standard part of your contracts? | 只有你合同里有的条款 |
[36:34] | You checked up on me. | 你查我 |
[36:35] | I didn’t check up on you. I’m thorough. | 我没有查你 我只是深入了解了一下 |
[36:39] | What’s the difference? | 有区别吗 |
[36:40] | God damn it, Harvey, don’t change the subject. | 老天 哈维 别转移话题 |
[36:42] | What did you do? | 你做了什么 |
[36:46] | I fronted your buy-in. | 我替你付了买入股份款 |
[36:48] | I knew it. You bought me. | 我就知道 你买下了我 |
[36:50] | I didn’t buy you, I bought us time. | 我不是买你 我是给我们俩时间 |
[36:52] | That is a lawyer’s response, and it’s bullshit. | 这是律师的回答 这是扯淡 |
[36:56] | How could you do that? | 你怎么能这么做 |
[36:57] | Scottie, you’re acting like I killed someone. | 斯科特 你的反应就像我杀了人一样 |
[36:59] | I didn’t. | 我没杀人 |
[37:00] | You paid so that I could sleep with you | 你买下我 然后我就能和你睡觉 |
[37:03] | and be here at the same time! | 同时还能留在这 |
[37:05] | – Do you know what that makes me? – Lucky? | -你知道这给我什么感觉吗 -觉得幸运吗 |
[37:07] | – That’s not funny. – I didn’t mean it to be. | -不好笑 -我没搞笑 |
[37:09] | I paid because I want you to stay. | 我出钱是因为我希望你留下来 |
[37:12] | I did it as a romantic gesture. | 我把它当作浪漫之举 |
[37:13] | Yeah, well, pretty woman may have been a romantic movie, | 是啊 美女或许爱演浪漫电影 |
[37:15] | But Julia Roberts was still a hooker. | 但朱莉亚·罗伯茨还是个妓女 |
[37:16] | Now you come up with a movie reference? | 又开始说电影了吗 |
[37:18] | Harvey, can you imagine how that makes me feel | 哈维 你能想象我发现这件事后 |
[37:20] | to find that out? | 是什么感受吗 |
[37:21] | Well, what do you want me to say, huh? | 你到底想让我说什么呢 |
[37:23] | I’m not perfect at this, | 我不擅长做这种事 |
[37:25] | and you don’t have to believe that was romantic, | 你也不必把这当作浪漫 |
[37:28] | but it would be nice if you believed that I thought it was. | 但如果你愿意相信我的话是最好了 |
[37:30] | Harvey, it would have been romantic | 哈维 如果杰西卡不肯让步 |
[37:32] | if you had begged me to stay when Jessica wouldn’t budge, | 而你求着我留下 那才是浪漫 |
[37:34] | but this, this is not romantic. | 但这 这不是浪漫 |
[37:36] | This is manipulative. | 这是操控 |
[37:37] | You were about to take a job somewhere else. | 你都打算去别的地方工作了 |
[37:39] | That’s what makes it manipulative! | 所以说你操控欲强 |
[37:40] | Are you telling me you’ve never been manipulative with me? | 你是在说你从没操控过我吗 |
[37:42] | Not since I’ve been back. | 我回来后从没有过 |
[37:43] | I had to learn the hard way, | 我努力去克服 |
[37:44] | and I’m afraid that you haven’t learned that at all. | 但我恐怕你从没努力过 |
[37:49] | So you’re saying I’m an asshole? | 你是说我是个混蛋吗 |
[37:50] | Yes, that is what I’m saying, that you are an asshole, | 是啊 我就是这意思 你个混蛋 |
[37:52] | but what I’m really saying | 但我真正想说的是 |
[37:53] | is that we need to start being honest with each other. | 我们应该开始对彼此坦诚 |
[37:57] | – About everything? – Everything. | -坦诚一切吗 -一切 |
[38:07] | You know that paper you had to redo, | 你重做那份试卷 |
[38:08] | because Professor Gunn said he never got it? | 是因为甘恩教授说他没有收到 |
[38:12] | He never got it. | 他真的没收到 |
[38:13] | Son of a bitch. | 狗娘养的 |
[38:14] | How was I supposed to know | 我怎么会知道 |
[38:15] | you didn’t save it to your hard drive? | 你没有存进硬盘里 |
[38:16] | Because I told you that. | 因为我告诉过你 |
[38:18] | You know I don’t listen when you say things. | 你知道你说话的时候 我从来不听的 |
[38:24] | You are an asshole. | 你个混蛋 |
[38:26] | This is good. | 这样就对了 |
[38:27] | Honesty is good. | 说实话就对了 |
[38:30] | I told Rebecca Carlin you were gay. | 我告诉丽贝卡·卡琳你是基佬 |
[38:31] | She slept with me anyway. | 但她还是跟我睡了 |
[38:33] | Once. | 只睡了一次 |
[38:36] | Yeah. | 对啊 |
[38:37] | Why did she only sleep with me once? | 她为什么只跟我睡一次呢 |
[38:39] | Because I also told her that you had crabs. | 因为我还告诉她你有梅毒 |
[38:42] | That’s not cool. | 真不地道 |
[38:48] | This is good. | 这样真好 |
[38:50] | It is. | 是啊 |
[38:52] | I am in this, Scottie. | 我是认真的 斯科特 |
[38:55] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[38:58] | So am I. | 我也是 |
[39:03] | Well, let’s see what you got, Michael James Ross. | 看看你的成绩 迈克尔·詹姆斯·罗斯 |
[39:07] | Magna cum laude. | 优等成绩 |
[39:09] | So mr. Smarty pants couldn’t even manage summa cum laude? | 连咱们的聪明先生也无法获得最优成绩吗 |
[39:13] | Yeah, well, so what if I couldn’t either? | 是啊 我也没得到 又能怎样 |
[39:17] | What? No Law Review? | 什么 没上过《法律评论》 |
[39:19] | Well, either you weren’t asked, or you didn’t serve. | 要么没请你 要么你没投稿 |
[39:21] | Either way, I win. | 管他呢 我赢了 |
[39:23] | “A” “A.” | |
[39:25] | “A” “A.” | |
[39:27] | B-plus in International Law? | 国际法”B+” |
[39:29] | Oh, come on, I aced that class with my eyes closed. | 拜托 我闭着眼睛都拿了最高分 |
[39:33] | “A” in Contracts. That’s legit. | 合同法”A” 这才像话 |
[39:36] | A-minus in Estate Planning? | 遗产规划”A-“ |
[39:39] | Remind me to not die intestate with Mike Ross around. | 迈克要是在 可别忘了无嘱而终 |
[39:56] | Tape measure, as requested. | 你要的卷尺 |
[39:58] | You look really excited. | 看起来很兴奋啊 |
[39:59] | – Long day. – I know. | -今天好辛苦 -是啊 |
[40:01] | Is there any chance we can punt this, | 我们能不能先放下手头的活 |
[40:02] | maybe go grab some dinner? | 去吃点东西 |
[40:03] | We could, or we could accept that moving in together | 行啊 或者我们也可以想想 |
[40:08] | sometimes means we have to just shake off our crappy days | 住在一起也许就意味着我们得不计前嫌 |
[40:13] | and deal with things like furniture negotiations. | 处理一些事情 比如商量一下家具 |
[40:15] | Yeah, that doesn’t sound | 是啊 这听上去 |
[40:16] | like anything I want to accept at all. | 我是不可能接受的啊 |
[40:18] | Too bad. | 那惨了 |
[40:19] | This is your life now. | 这是你的命了 |
[40:22] | Rachel, look, I’m trying… | 瑞秋 听我说 我想 |
[40:29] | You said that your dad liked to celebrate the little things, | 你说你爸爸喜欢庆祝一些小事情 |
[40:32] | and I thought maybe we should start doing that too. | 我想也许我们也该开始那么做 |
[40:36] | You mean like furniture negotiations? | 比如商量家具吗 |
[40:38] | I mean our first date. | 我是说我们的初次约会 |
[40:42] | So does that mean I’m not gonna be able to eat anything? | 看来我什么也别想吃了 |
[40:44] | ’cause I didn’t like anything on the menu that night. | 因为那晚菜单上的东西我都不喜欢 |
[40:47] | That wasn’t our first date. | 那不是我们的初次约会 |
[40:48] | Our first date was in the law library. | 我们初次约会是在法律图书室 |
[40:53] | – Sushi. – Sushi. | -寿司 -寿司 |
[40:57] | That was my first case. | 那是我的第一个案子 |
[40:59] | I know. | 我知道 |
[41:00] | Oh, you were so green. | 你那时太嫩了 |
[41:03] | Harvey came in and told us to stop playing footsie. | 哈维跑进来让咱们别在桌底下调情 |
[41:05] | Oh, I remember that. | 我还记得 |
[41:06] | I wanted to do a lot more than play footsie with you. | 我那时可不止想跟你在桌底下调情 |
[41:08] | I know. | 我知道 |
[41:09] | I caught you staring at me five times. | 我看到你看了我五次 |
[41:11] | Oh, so I guess you didn’t catch all the other times then. | 那看来还有好多次你没看到 |
[41:13] | I did, just trying to let you off the hook. | 我看到了 只是想放你一马 |
[41:15] | Rachel… | 瑞秋 |
[41:18] | This is perfect. | 这太完美了 |
[41:20] | Not yet. | 还没呢 |
[41:29] | Now it is. | 现在才完美 |
[41:32] | So where’s the chair? | 椅子在哪里 |
[41:34] | No. | 不行 |
[41:41] | You wanted to see me? | 您找我 |
[41:43] | Professor Gerard’s legal ethics class–you take it? | 你有没有上吉拉德教授的法律职业道德课 |
[41:45] | Of course, everyone had to take it. | 当然有了 每个人都得上的 |
[41:47] | What’d you get? | 你得了多少分 |
[41:49] | Killed it. I got an a-minus. | 轻松拿下 我拿了个”A-“ |
[41:51] | Out of curiosity, | 不奇怪 |
[41:52] | did you ever hear of anybody ever getting an a-plus? | 你听说过谁得了”A+”吗 |
[41:55] | What? No. | 什么 没有 |
[41:56] | He’s famous for never giving higher than an “A.” | 他就是以给分不超过”A”出名的 |
[41:58] | He doesn’t believe in it. | 他不搞这套 |
[41:59] | Thank you, Simon. That’ll be all. | 谢谢 萨蒙 没事了 |