时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:01] | Sheila Amanda Sazs, | 希拉·阿曼达·塞兹 |
[00:03] | will you marry me? | 你愿意嫁给我吗 |
[00:04] | Yes, I will marry you. | 我愿意 我愿意嫁给你 |
[00:06] | – I want to go legit. – You can’t. | -我想让自己合法化 -你不能 |
[00:07] | Then I get Lola Jensen to hack into the bar | 那我找罗拉·詹森黑进资格考名单 |
[00:09] | and just put me in there, just like she did with Harvard. | 把我名字加进去 就像她黑哈佛一样 |
[00:11] | Rule number one of not getting caught, | 不想被人抓到辫子 |
[00:12] | you don’t move the goddamn body. | 就是别轻举妄动 |
[00:14] | Harvey, I’m stuck. | 哈维 我无路可走了 |
[00:16] | I can’t live my whole life like this. | 我不能这样过一辈子 |
[00:18] | You want me to set up your new corporation? | 你想让我帮你建立新公司吗 |
[00:20] | I want you to join my new corporation. | 我想让你加入我的新公司 |
[00:23] | We’re not lawyers. We’re investment bankers. | 我们不是律师 我们是投资银行家 |
[00:25] | Our job blows yours out of the water. | 我们的工作比你们的厉害多了 |
[00:27] | Scottie, I need you to give Louis his transaction back. | 斯科特 我需要你把案子还给路易 |
[00:30] | Does this have something to do with that favor he did you? | 这和他之前帮你的那个忙有关系吗 |
[00:33] | – Yes. – Tell me what it is. | -是的 -那告诉我是什么事 |
[00:36] | – I can’t. – Guess we’re not sharing | -不行 -看来我们根本不是 |
[00:38] | everything with each other after all. | 分享所有秘密了 |
[00:39] | – Scottie. – You can’t have it both ways, Harvey. | -斯科特 -你不能二者兼得 哈维 |
[00:42] | – Louis, I don’t want kids. – What are you talking about? | -路易 我不想要孩子 -你在说什么啊 |
[00:44] | I don’t like kids. | 我不喜欢小孩 |
[00:46] | I was willing to give up Harvard for you. | 我为了你愿意放弃哈佛 |
[00:49] | You can’t give up something for me? | 你就不能为我放弃点什么吗 |
[00:58] | I understand. Can I just say something please? | 我知道 我能说两句吗 |
[01:00] | I know you keep saying that I won’t feel this way forever, | 我知道你一直说我不会永远这样 |
[01:04] | but why is it when the guys shows up | 但为什么送咖喱鸡的人 |
[01:08] | with chicken vindaloo 40 minutes late | 迟到了四十分钟 |
[01:09] | with no naan and no silverware, | 还没拿烤饼和银制餐具 |
[01:13] | instead of throwing the chutney in his face, | 我不仅没有甩他一脸酸辣酱 |
[01:15] | I’m thanking him and I am tipping him $20? | 还谢了他 又给他二十块钱小费 |
[01:17] | Do you want to tell me why that happens? | 你要告诉我这到底是怎么回事吗 |
[01:22] | I don’t care. I hate myself. | 我不管 我厌恶自己 |
[01:24] | I hate my life. | 我厌恶我的人生 |
[01:26] | The woman I love is gone, my heart is broken, | 我爱的女人离开了 我的心支离破碎 |
[01:28] | and I really– to be honest with you, | 我真的 老实跟你说吧 |
[01:30] | I just don’t have the will to live. | 我不想活了 |
[01:35] | Hold on. It’s my associate. | 别挂电话 是我手下的初级律师 |
[01:38] | Katrina. | 卡特里娜 |
[01:39] | Louis, it’s 7:55. | 路易 现在是7点55分 |
[01:41] | Yeah. I have an 8:00 a.m. | 我八点有个会 |
[01:42] | Please cover it for me. In fact, cover everything, | 帮我兜一下 事实上 所有事都帮我搞定 |
[01:44] | and unless the building is on fire and Sheila’s in it, | 除非律所着火了 而且希拉在里面 |
[01:47] | – I’m not coming in. – Louis, what happened? | -不然我都不去了 -路易 怎么回事 |
[01:49] | You wanna know what happened? I’ll tell you what happened. | 你想知道怎么回事 那我就告诉你 |
[01:50] | My heart’s been shattered into a thousand million pieces, | 我的心碎成渣渣了 |
[01:52] | and if I can’t put my heart into my work, | 如果我没法把心思放在工作上 |
[01:54] | then I’m not gonna do any work at all, so… | 那我就干脆不去工作了 所以… |
[01:57] | How long do you think you’ll be out? | 那你什么时候回来 |
[01:58] | I don’t know. Today, tomorrow, | 不知道 也许今天 也许明天 |
[02:00] | the rest of the year. | 也许今年都不会回去了 |
[02:01] | You know, just don’t call here again | 别再打给我了 |
[02:02] | because I’m not gonna answer the number. | 因为我不会再接这个号码了 |
[02:06] | Doc? | 医生 |
[02:08] | Dr. Lipschitz? | 利普希茨医生 |
[02:11] | Hello? | 喂 |
[02:14] | What, are you shitting me? That was not 50 minutes. | 你他妈坑我呢 根本没到五十分钟 |
[02:31] | Waiting outside for me? Bold gesture. | 在外面等我 够厚颜无耻的 |
[02:34] | I called you three times. I had to do something. | 打了三个电话都没接 总得做点什么吧 |
[02:36] | – You must be feeling bad. – I am. | -你心里一定很不舒服吧 -是的 |
[02:38] | What for? You’re just doing your job. | 何必呢 你只是做好本份工作而已 |
[02:42] | Scottie, I’m sorry. | 斯科特 对不起 |
[02:45] | What happened with Louis, I didn’t like doing it. | 路易那件事 我也不想这么做的 |
[02:47] | – Yeah, but you still did it. – And what I’m doing now | -但你还是做了 -我现在想请你 |
[02:49] | is asking you to let it go. | 让这事过去 |
[02:51] | Harvey, it’s not that you picked Louis over me. | 哈维 我生气不是因为你选择路易而不是我 |
[02:53] | It’s that you wouldn’t tell me why. | 而是你不肯告诉我原因 |
[02:54] | I couldn’t tell you why. There’s a difference. | 我是不能告诉你 有区别的 |
[02:57] | And I’m asking you to trust me. | 请你相信我 |
[03:03] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[03:05] | I can let it go, but keeping things from me | 我可以不计较 但你也不能 |
[03:08] | just can’t keep happening, okay? | 什么事都瞒着我 行吗 |
[03:12] | I can’t tell you whether or not that’s okay, | 我说不好到底行不行 |
[03:14] | and I definitely can’t tell you why. | 但我一定不能告诉你原因 |
[03:19] | Too soon? | 太早说笑了吗 |
[03:21] | What are you going to do to make it up to me? | 你要怎么补偿我 |
[03:22] | Nothing right now. | 现在不行 |
[03:24] | I’m taking Mike to the Marathon Footwear brunch. | 我要带迈克去马拉松跑鞋公司早午餐 |
[03:26] | You’re taking a date to an I.P.O. event? | 你要携伴参加首次公开募股会 |
[03:28] | – That’s so cute. – It’s not a date. | -真贴心 -他不是我的伴侣 |
[03:30] | He’s never gonna put out. | 他可不会向我献身 |
[03:31] | Well, it’s too bad that you’re not taking me | 你不带我去真是可惜了 |
[03:32] | because I was thinking of letting you… | 因为我可是准备让你… |
[03:44] | Mr. Specter. | 斯佩克特先生 |
[03:47] | James Quelling. | 我是詹姆斯·柯灵 |
[03:48] | I’m in a bit of a hurry, Mr. Quelling. | 我有点赶时间 柯灵先生 |
[03:50] | – I want to do you a favor. – I don’t need any favors. | -我想帮你一个忙 -我不需要人帮忙 |
[03:52] | Yeah, you do, unless you want Friday’s headline to read, | 你需要的 除非你想看到周五的头条写着 |
[03:55] | “Marathon Footwear builds playgrounds that kill children.” | “马拉松跑鞋公司建造害死孩子的游乐场” |
[03:58] | My client builds playgrounds that help children. | 我客户建造的是帮助孩子的游乐场 |
[04:01] | And uses a synthetic full of toxins to do it. | 所用的合成物却充满毒质 |
[04:04] | Look, I don’t know who you are, | 我不知道你是谁 |
[04:05] | but I know what you’re trying to do, and it isn’t gonna work. | 但我知道你想干什么 没用的 |
[04:08] | Look, I’m a reasonable man. | 我是个讲理之人 |
[04:09] | This is a huge moment for your client. | 现在对你委托人来说是个重要时刻 |
[04:11] | I won’t file this before Friday. | 我会拖到周五才公开 |
[04:14] | You think I’m gonna let you extort my client? | 你认为我会坐视不管你敲诈我的委托人吗 |
[04:16] | No, I think you’re gonna protect your client | 不 我认为你会保护你的委托人 |
[04:18] | from a claim that could ruin them. | 不让一件索赔案毁了他们 |
[04:20] | In fact, I’m counting on it. | 事实上 我就指望你这么做呢 |
[04:25] | Nice offices. Enjoy that brunch. | 办公室挺漂亮 好好享受早午餐吧 |
[04:30] | – I got a job offer. – Holy shit. From who? | -我收到了一份工作邀约 -天哪 谁给的 |
[04:32] | Last night. Jonathan Sidwell. | 昨晚 乔纳森·西德威尔 |
[04:34] | But I thought Louis was his lawyer. | 他的律师不是路易吗 |
[04:36] | He doesn’t want me to be his lawyer. | 他不要我做他的律师 |
[04:38] | He wants me to be a partner. | 他要我入伙 |
[04:42] | – Investment banking? – Yeah. | -投资银行 -对 |
[04:44] | – And? – I don’t know. | -然后呢 -我不知道 |
[04:45] | – What do you think? – I don’t know. | -你怎么想 -我不知道 |
[04:47] | – What do you think? – I think that I love you, | -你怎么看 -我爱你 |
[04:49] | and what you want to do is what I want you to do. | 你想做的就是我想做的 |
[04:53] | I don’t know what to do. | 我不知道该怎么办 |
[04:56] | Okay. Did you talk to Harvey? | 好吧 你跟哈维说了吗 |
[04:58] | If I do that, all he’ll hear is, “Hey, Harvey, | 如果我跟他说 他只会曲解为 |
[05:00] | “Thanks for doing everything for me. | “哈维 谢谢你为我做的一切 |
[05:01] | I’m thinking about quitting.” | 我准备辞职了” |
[05:03] | No, but you said that you don’t think of him as just your boss. | 但你说你没把他看作是上司 |
[05:05] | You consider him a friend. | 你当他是朋友 |
[05:07] | – So? – So if he can’t have an honest conversation | -那又怎样 -那如果他不能为你着想 |
[05:09] | with your best interests in mind, | 跟你好好谈谈 |
[05:12] | he’s not your friend, and– and he shouldn’t be your boss. | 那他就不是你的朋友 也不该做你的上司 |
[05:52] | I have to talk to you about something. | 我有事要跟你说 |
[05:54] | Well, unless its value is in excess of $575 million, | 除非你的事价值超过5.75亿美元 |
[05:57] | it can wait. | 不然就得等着了 |
[05:58] | Yeah. Yeah, it can wait. | 好 我的事能等 |
[06:00] | Good because our I.P.O. is in jeopardy | 很好 除非我们能处理好这件事 |
[06:02] | unless we can deal with this. | 不然首次公开募股可就岌岌可危了 |
[06:05] | Endangering children? Wait, these things just opened. | 危害儿童 这些游乐场才刚开放 |
[06:07] | This is a bullshit claim. | 这索赔就是扯淡 |
[06:09] | Maybe, but a bullshit claim on the right day | 也许 但在正确日子的扯淡索赔 |
[06:11] | is better than a great claim on a bullshit day. | 也比鬼日子的完美索赔攻击力更大 |
[06:13] | Did you come up with that all by yourself? | 这话是你自己想到的吗 |
[06:15] | My grandmother taught it to me. | 我祖母教我的 |
[06:17] | – What do you need me to do? – I need you to find | -需要我做什么 -我要你挖出 |
[06:19] | everything there is to know about this Quelling guy. | 这个叫柯灵的家伙的所有事 |
[06:21] | Harvey, why don’t you just pay him off? | 哈维 为什么不干脆给他钱就算了 |
[06:24] | Protect the I.P.O.? | 保护首次公开募股 |
[06:25] | I worked my ass off for this day. | 我为这一天劳心劳力 |
[06:27] | He’s trying to hijack it. I’m not gonna be extorted | 他想敲诈我 我可不会被什么 |
[06:29] | by some piece of shit I’ve never heard of. | 毫无名气的狗屎敲诈 |
[06:30] | Okay. On it. | 好吧 这就去办 |
[06:32] | Jessica. | 杰西卡 |
[06:34] | Donna, what can I do for you? | 唐娜 有什么事吗 |
[06:36] | I was just walking by reception, | 我刚刚走过前台 |
[06:38] | and I thought you might like to know–you know, | 我觉得你可能会想知道 |
[06:39] | – because it’s your firm and- – Donna, get to it. | -因为这是你的公司 -唐娜 直说 |
[06:41] | Charles Van Dyke is in the lobby. | 查尔斯·范·戴克在大堂 |
[06:44] | – Right now? – 30 seconds ago. | -现在吗 -三十秒之前 |
[06:46] | You were right to come to me. | 你来找我是对的 |
[06:47] | Would you like me to send him on his way? | 要我去把他打发走吗 |
[06:48] | I prefer to take care of Charles Van Dyke myself. | 我更想自己去对付查尔斯·范·戴克 |
[06:51] | Excellent. | 很好 |
[06:57] | You can stare at it all you want, Charles, | 你再怎么盯着它 查尔斯 |
[06:59] | but it’s not going to change. | 也无法改变什么 |
[07:01] | I was just thinking, | 我只是在想 |
[07:02] | “I can’t believe you put the mailroom boy’s name | 真不敢相信你把邮件室小工的名字 |
[07:04] | – on the wall.” – I think what you mean is | -挂在墙上了 -我想你真正的意思是 |
[07:06] | that you can’t believe yours was ever taken off. | 你仍不敢相信你的名字居然也会被摘下来 |
[07:08] | I put that behind me years ago. | 那事我早放下了 |
[07:10] | What are you doing here, Charles? | 你来干什么 查尔斯 |
[07:11] | I suggest we go in your office and talk. | 我们去你办公室谈吧 |
[07:15] | Right here is just fine. | 在这儿就挺好 |
[07:18] | What do you want? | 你想怎么样 |
[07:19] | I want a 30% increase in my dividend check. | 我要我的股利分红上调30% |
[07:21] | – Good-bye, Charles. – I thought you’d say that. | -滚蛋吧 -我就猜到你会这么说 |
[07:25] | This is formal notice of my demand to audit your books. | 这是我要求审计你们账簿的正式通知书 |
[07:27] | You have until Friday to comply. | 周五前回复 |
[07:29] | You gave up this right when we ran you out of town. | 我们把你赶出去的时候你就放弃这个权利了 |
[07:32] | I think you’re forgetting I retain that right | 但你忘记我保留了 |
[07:35] | in the event of any material change in my dividend. | 在股息发生实质改变的情况下进行审计的权利 |
[07:38] | Your dividend went up. | 你的股息提高了 |
[07:40] | Materially. | 这就是实质改变啊 |
[07:43] | You think we’re hiding profits. | 你觉得我们在隐瞒盈利 |
[07:45] | From what I know of you, you’re always hiding something. | 据我对你的了解 你总有所隐瞒 |
[07:51] | – I’m gonna make it fast, Jim. – James. | -我就快点说了 吉姆 -是詹姆斯 |
[07:53] | That’s not what your ex-wife calls you. | 你前妻可不是那么喊你的 |
[07:55] | She calls you Jim. | 她喊你吉姆 |
[07:56] | That’s one of the nicer names she uses. | 那还算是比较好的称呼了 |
[07:58] | She’s been calling you a lot these days. | 她现在喊你的花样可多了 |
[08:00] | Wow, you found out I’m divorced. | 你们知道我离婚了 |
[08:02] | Well, I’ll withdraw the lawsuit. | 好吧 那我撤诉了 |
[08:03] | It’s not the divorce, Jimbo, | 不是离婚的问题 吉姆 |
[08:05] | it’s the huge wall of mounting debt that’s closing in on you | 而是你故意输掉烟草危害诉讼后 |
[08:08] | since you tanked the tobacco litigation. | 欠下的一屁股债 |
[08:10] | I didn’t tank it. I lost. | 我不是故意的 就是输了 |
[08:12] | You didn’t just lose. | 你不止是输了 |
[08:13] | You had an offer that would have set you up for life. | 你本来有一份十分丰厚的和解交易 |
[08:15] | Instead, you rolled the dice, went to verdict, | 但你却赌了一把 寻求判决 |
[08:17] | and now you got nothing. | 结果满盘皆输 |
[08:18] | Which is why your wife left you, | 所以你妻子才离开你 |
[08:20] | and now you’re coming after us with a fabricated claim. | 现在你又拿个虚构的索赔来找我们麻烦 |
[08:23] | I didn’t fabricate anything. I have expert reports here. | 我没有虚构什么 我有专家的报告 |
[08:26] | You’ve got one report of possible toxins | 那不过是一份操场制造材料 |
[08:28] | in the playground material. | 可能有毒性的报告 |
[08:29] | And not one sick child. | 而且没有任何孩子生病 |
[08:31] | And you have an I.P.O. on Friday, | 而你们周五有首次募股 |
[08:32] | and if this suit appears in the Journal that morning, | 如果那天早上这份诉讼出现在报刊上 |
[08:34] | what do you think the stock price is gonna be | 你觉得募股开始后 |
[08:36] | when they ring that bell? | 股价走势会如何 |
[08:40] | Got me. Give me your number. | 被你将住了 报价吧 |
[08:43] | – 100,000 and we’re done. – Done. | -十万 了事 -了事 |
[08:46] | – We’ll draw up the paperwork. – I’ve got it right here. | -我们会起草文件 -我弄好了 |
[08:50] | But one thing, this precludes you | 但有一点 今后 |
[08:52] | from representing any other plaintiffs with the same action. | 你不得再代表其他原告提出同一指控 |
[08:59] | You got me. | 被你将住了 |
[09:00] | I have 100 other plaintiffs waiting in the wings. | 我还有一百个原告在等着呢 |
[09:03] | That’s a $10 million hit you just avoided. | 你们刚刚避免了一千万的损失 |
[09:06] | I tell you what. | 这样吧 |
[09:07] | Give me a million, and we’re really done. | 给我一百万 我们就真了事 |
[09:09] | James, this covers your debts and gets you out from under. | 詹姆斯 这笔钱偿还你的债务绰绰有余了 |
[09:16] | You think that means I’m gonna take less than it’s worth? | 所以你觉得我会被小钱打发吗 |
[09:18] | – It isn’t worth anything. – It is today. | -这根本不值钱 -今天值钱 |
[09:22] | You know where to reach me. | 你们知道怎么找我 |
[09:27] | Thought you said you were willing to go | 你不是说你最高能接受 |
[09:28] | – as high as 500,000. – Yeah, that was before | -五十万吗 -那是之前 |
[09:30] | I realized what we were dealing with. | 我当时还不知道对手是什么人 |
[09:32] | This guy doesn’t owe money ’cause he got divorced. | 他欠钱不是因为离婚 |
[09:36] | He got divorced ’cause he owes money. | 而是因为欠钱才会离婚 |
[09:37] | – What are you talking about? – He’s a gambler. | -什么意思 -他是个赌徒 |
[09:39] | How does that help us? | 这有什么用 |
[09:41] | He doesn’t know I’m one. | 他不知道我也是 |
[09:50] | Where’s Louis? | 路易呢 |
[09:52] | – Jessica. – Where is he? | -杰西卡 -他人呢 |
[09:53] | He’s not answering his phone. He’s not answering his emails. | 他不接电话 也不回邮件 |
[09:57] | The thing is I don’t know if he– | 问题是 我不知道他… |
[09:58] | Katrina, your job as gatekeeper | 卡特里娜 你守大门的那套 |
[10:01] | does not apply to me, so I’m going to ask you one more time. | 在我这儿不适用 我再问你一次 |
[10:05] | Why isn’t Louis in the building? | 路易为什么不在楼里 |
[10:08] | He must still be in court. | 他肯定还在法院 |
[10:10] | – Is there something I can do? – What you can do | -我能做什么吗 -你能做的 |
[10:11] | is find Louis and have him come up with a way around | 就是找到路易 让他想办法 |
[10:14] | this demand to look at our books. | 避免我们被查账 |
[10:16] | When should I tell him you need it? | 我跟他说什么时候需要 |
[10:17] | Yesterday. | 昨天 |
[10:21] | You were right. Quelling’s got a game. | 你说得对 柯灵有赌局 |
[10:23] | – What night? – Every night. | -哪晚 -每晚 |
[10:26] | Well, I hope you know where tonight’s game is because– | 你最好知道今晚的赌局在哪 |
[10:31] | Great. | 很好 |
[10:33] | You and I are going. | 我们去 |
[10:38] | What? | 什么 |
[10:43] | I got a job offer, Harvey. | 我得到了一份工作邀请 哈维 |
[10:46] | Supposed to go have drinks to talk about it tonight. | 今晚约好去边喝边谈的 |
[10:48] | I can move it, it’s just, that’s… | 我可以改期 但是… |
[10:51] | that’s why I hesitated. | 这是我迟疑的原因 |
[10:54] | – When? – When what? | -什么时候 -你指什么 |
[10:56] | When’d you get the job offer? | 你什么时候收到的邀请 |
[10:58] | – The other night. – And you didn’t mention it. | -前两天晚上 -你没跟我说 |
[11:00] | I didn’t know what I thought. | 我当时不知道该怎么想 |
[11:01] | – And now you do? – No. It’s– | -现在想清楚了 -不是 |
[11:02] | Who? | 是谁 |
[11:06] | Jonathan Sidwell. | 乔纳森·西德威尔 |
[11:08] | The spin-off idea? | 分拆的主意 |
[11:09] | – Yeah. – I should have known. | -嗯 -我该料到的 |
[11:11] | He wants you to be his general counsel? | 他要你做他的法律总顾问吗 |
[11:13] | No, he wants to make me an investment banker. | 不 他想让我做投资银行家 |
[11:17] | Well, if it were me… I’d take it. | 如果是我 我就接受 |
[11:23] | What? Why? | 什么 为什么 |
[11:26] | Because you can compete there like you do here | 因为你在那儿也会像在这儿一样游刃有余 |
[11:27] | with nothing hanging over your head. | 而且还不用担心东窗事发 |
[11:29] | What if I don’t want to stop being a lawyer? | 如果我不想离开律师界呢 |
[11:31] | Well, then don’t take the job. | 那就别接受 |
[11:32] | I mean, what do you want from me? | 你想我说什么啊 |
[11:33] | – I want your advice. – I just gave you my advice. | -我想要你的建议 -我刚刚说了 |
[11:35] | No, you told me what you would do. | 你只是说你会怎么做 |
[11:38] | I want to know what you think I should do. | 我想知道你觉得我该怎么做 |
[11:40] | Mike, last week, you said you’d do anything | 迈克 上周你还说你愿不惜一切 |
[11:42] | to stop being a fraud, so my advice is take it. | 不再做个骗子 所以我建议你接受 |
[11:48] | Still be in the majors, just be a different sport. | 还是大联盟 只是不同的赛事 |
[12:00] | Excuse me, do you have a minute? | 打扰 你有空吗 |
[12:04] | Look, you and I have never– | 我们两人向来不… |
[12:05] | No, we haven’t. | 没错 的确 |
[12:08] | I need your help. | 我需要你帮助 |
[12:09] | You must be scraping the bottom of the barrel | 你来找我的话 |
[12:11] | – if you’re coming to me. – It’s about Louis. | -一定是走投无路了 -是关于路易 |
[12:14] | – He and Sheila are done. – That’s awful. | -他和希拉没戏了 -太糟了 |
[12:17] | It’s worse than awful. | 比那还糟 |
[12:18] | Jessica needs him on a case right now. | 杰西卡需要他现在负责一桩案子 |
[12:20] | He won’t leave his apartment. He won’t even answer his phone. | 而他不肯出门 甚至不接电话 |
[12:23] | Then I’ll just go over there right now. | 那我现在过去一趟 |
[12:24] | That won’t work. | 没用的 |
[12:25] | Even if it did, we don’t have time. | 即使好使了 也来不及 |
[12:27] | So then why are you here? | 那你来干什么 |
[12:30] | Rachel, you don’t trust me. | 瑞秋 你不信任我 |
[12:31] | I get that, but Louis asked me to cover for him, | 这我懂 但路易让我替他应付好 |
[12:36] | and that is what I’m going to do. | 所以我就要这么做 |
[12:38] | You’re the best paralegal here, | 你是这儿最棒的律师助理 |
[12:40] | and you’re his friend. | 也是他的朋友 |
[12:43] | – So will you help me or not? – I will. | -帮不帮忙 -帮 |
[12:49] | So…I figured out what you can do to make it up to me tonight. | 我知道你今晚能做什么来弥补我了 |
[12:55] | I thought we were good. | 我以为我们之间没事了 |
[12:56] | Yeah, I’m just–I’m feeling some residual anger. | 对 只是 我觉得还有些余怒未消 |
[13:00] | Scottie, I’m kind of busy right now, | 斯科特 我现在有点忙 |
[13:01] | and I have plans tonight. | 而且晚上有事情 |
[13:03] | Taking Mike on another I.P.O. date? | 带迈克去另一场公开募股约会吗 |
[13:04] | – What difference does it make? – Sounds mysterious. | -有什么区别 -听起来够神秘 |
[13:08] | Bet you can’t tell me what it is. | 我打赌你不能说是什么事 |
[13:09] | – I’m playing poker. – Poker? | -我要去玩牌 -玩牌吗 |
[13:12] | – Can I come? – It’s a work thing. | -我能来吗 -工作上的事 |
[13:14] | You bring Mike to work things. | 你带迈克去干工作上的事 |
[13:15] | Scottie, I told you I’m busy. You can’t come. | 斯科特 告诉过你我很忙 你不能来 |
[13:17] | Can I get back to work now? | 我能继续工作了吗 |
[13:19] | – What got into you? – Nothing. | -你吃错什么药了 -没有 |
[13:21] | Sometimes at the office, I’m working. | 只是有时候当我在办公室 我是在办公 |
[13:25] | Fair enough, boss. | 算你有理 老板 |
[13:36] | Are you sure that’s how you want to play that? | 你确定要这么玩吗 |
[13:38] | Play what, the fact that I’m busy? | 玩什么 我很忙的事实吗 |
[13:40] | The fact that you just snapped at her | 这么个事实 你对着她发作 |
[13:41] | when we both know what you’re really angry about. | 但我们都知道 你到底为什么发火 |
[13:43] | I’m not angry. I’m annoyed at the interruption. | 我没发火 我只是很烦被打断 |
[13:46] | You’re angry that Mike wants to leave, | 你发火 因为迈克想离开 |
[13:48] | and you just took it out on her. | 你却迁怒在她身上 |
[13:49] | – I’m not angry about that. – No, you’re hurt, | -我没为那件事发火 -对 但你受伤了 |
[13:52] | and the anger covers the hurt, but I knew you didn’t know that. | 用愤怒掩饰伤心 但我知道你自己并不清楚 |
[13:57] | I was annoyed about the interruption | 我只是很烦被打断 |
[13:58] | – just like I’m annoyed right now. – Bullshit. | -我现在也很烦 一个道理 -胡说 |
[14:01] | You’re feeling exactly what I’m feeling. | 我跟你感同身受 |
[14:03] | The idea of Mike leaving sucks, | 迈克离开的消息是让人不好受 |
[14:05] | and the sooner you get your brain around that, | 你越早绕开这个情绪 |
[14:07] | the sooner you can maybe do something about it. | 就能越早采取措施 |
[14:10] | Can I get back to work now? | 我能继续工作了吗 |
[14:12] | You can get back to work whenever you want. | 随时都可以 |
[14:15] | But if all you’re gonna do is stick your head in the sand, | 但如果你只想埋着头逃避问题 |
[14:17] | then you’re not going to have | 那可就连打断你工作的 |
[14:17] | an associate or a girlfriend to get back to work from. | 初级律师或者女朋友都没有了 |
[14:24] | – You give it to her? – I gave it to her. | -你给她了吗 -给她了 |
[14:26] | She suspect anything? | 她有什么怀疑吗 |
[14:27] | I wouldn’t be standing here if she did. | 如果她怀疑了 我就不会站在这儿了 |
[14:31] | – And? – She thought it was awesome. | -然后 -她觉得非常棒 |
[14:33] | Well, she should. | 那是当然 |
[14:35] | Louis didn’t just come up with a way | 路易不仅想出来了个好办法 |
[14:36] | to keep Charles Van Dyke out of our books. | 保证查尔斯·范·戴克查不了我们的账 |
[14:39] | Louis came up with a way to blow him out of the water. | 还把他整得一败涂地 |
[14:43] | That Louis. He is one hell of an attorney. | 那个路易 真是个厉害的律师 |
[14:47] | – Thank you, Louis. – Right back at you, Louis. | -谢谢你 路易 -稍后见 路易 |
[14:55] | – Don’t get used to it. – Don’t worry. | -别太习惯了 -别担心 |
[14:58] | I’m not looking to work here again. | 我没打算重新在这儿工作 |
[15:00] | Not here, but you are looking to work? | 虽然不在这儿 但你是在找工作 |
[15:03] | I’ve always been able to see through your bullshit, Charles. | 我总能一眼看穿你的鬼话的 查尔斯 |
[15:06] | Which is why I’m offering you these, | 所以我才给你提供这些 |
[15:09] | five cases. | 一共五个案子 |
[15:11] | We’re co-counsel, split the profits 50/50. | 我们合伙 利润对半分 |
[15:14] | It announces to the world that you are back in business, | 可以向全世界宣布 你重出江湖 |
[15:17] | which is what you really want. | 这才是你真正想要的 |
[15:18] | You came to me bearing gifts. | 你带着礼物来找我 |
[15:22] | I still have the card. | 我还留着当初的卡片 |
[15:23] | “To the man who hired me for all you’ve done.” | “致我的雇主 感谢你所做的一切” |
[15:28] | Two days later, you shoved me out. | 两天后 你把我撇到了一边 |
[15:30] | I take this to mean you’re passing on my offer. | 我就当你不打算接受我的提议 |
[15:33] | I’m shiting on your offer. | 我这是把你的提议踩在脚下 |
[15:35] | Okay, Charles. You were right. | 好吧查尔斯 你说的没错 |
[15:37] | Your dividend check did have the wrong amount, | 你的股利分红确实数额不对 |
[15:40] | But from now on, it’s going to have the right amount, | 但从今往后 数额就会变正确了 |
[15:42] | zero. | 那就是零 |
[15:44] | I don’t think so. | 我可不这么认为 |
[15:45] | oh, the firm you had your exit agreement with no longer exists. | 你手握退出协定的律所 已经不复存在了 |
[15:51] | We became Pearson Darby, | 我们变成了皮尔逊-达比 |
[15:52] | then Pearson Specter, | 后来是皮尔逊-斯佩克特 |
[15:53] | which means you’re not entitled to a thing. | 你一点资格都没有 |
[15:57] | That’s not in the spirit of our agreement. | 我们的协议精神可不是这么说的 |
[15:59] | And neither is your claim. | 你的声明也没这么说 |
[16:02] | There’s only one problem. | 只有一个问题 |
[16:03] | You should have dug deeper into the fine print. | 你看附属细则的时候真该更仔细点 |
[16:06] | The entity referred to in our agreement | 根据你的细则 |
[16:07] | is defined in your bylaws as | 我们协议中提到的内容可解释为 |
[16:09] | “Any partnership in which | “任何以杰西卡·皮尔逊 |
[16:11] | the name partner is Jessica Pearson.” | 为冠名的合伙人关系” |
[16:15] | You didn’t know. | 你居然不知道 |
[16:18] | My number just tripled. | 我的数字刚刚乘以三了 |
[16:21] | Your call. | 由你决定 |
[16:23] | Our hearing is friday. | 我们的听证会在礼拜五 |
[16:45] | You guys playing cards? | 你们在玩牌吗 |
[16:47] | You’re out of your league. This game is for real players. | 你别自不量力 这是给真正的玩家玩的 |
[16:51] | Why don’t I give it a try? | 不试试怎么知道 |
[16:54] | Buy-in is 25,000. | 门槛费两万五 |
[16:56] | – What’s the limit? – There is no limit. | -上限是什么 -没有上限 |
[17:00] | Maybe I am out of my league. | 大概我是在自不量力 |
[17:12] | Raise $45,000. | 加注四万五 |
[17:15] | I’m putting you all-in. | 你可得全押了 |
[17:18] | I’ve seen guys like you before. | 我见过你这样的 |
[17:20] | You think if you bully me with your big stack, | 你以为大赌注可以压得住我 |
[17:22] | I’m gonna run and hide. | 我会临阵畏缩 |
[17:24] | Here’s the difference between you and me, Jimbo, | 这就是我和你的不同了 吉姆 |
[17:27] | I lose, I pull out another 25 grand, | 我输了 就再出两万五 |
[17:30] | and another 25 after that. | 然后再出两万五 |
[17:32] | You lose, you’ve got nothing. | 你输了 就一无所有了 |
[17:35] | You’re bluffing. | 你在虚张声势 |
[17:37] | Then call or get up and walk away, | 要么跟注 要么起身走人 |
[17:41] | But I’ve sat across from you 1,000 times before. | 但我和你面对面太多次了 |
[17:45] | You won’t walk. | 你不会走的 |
[18:11] | Tough beat. | 艰难获胜 |
[18:13] | Take your winnings. | 拿走你的战利品吧 |
[18:15] | What winnings? | 什么战利品 |
[18:21] | I thought maybe it was time we do a little negotiating. | 我觉得也许我俩能来点讨价还价 |
[18:24] | – Well, you have my offer. – I have a counter. | -你知道我的出价了 -我有加价 |
[18:26] | – I’m all ears. – I want a 50% increase in base salary. | -洗耳恭听 -我希望基本工资提高50% |
[18:29] | I want a guaranteed bonus not tied to our investment returns, | 保证分红不与投资收益挂钩 |
[18:32] | A four-week vacation, and I want a piece. | 四周年假 我还要入股 |
[18:37] | – A piece? – A piece. | -入股吗 -对 |
[18:40] | – No. – No piece? | -不行 -不能入股吗 |
[18:43] | No negotiating. Look, I know what you’re doing. | 不能讨价还价 我知道在想什么 |
[18:46] | You can’t make up your mind, | 你下不了决心 |
[18:47] | So you want me to make it up for you. | 所以希望我来替你做决定 |
[18:49] | But I don’t want someone who’s with me for the money. | 但我不希望人们为了钱而跟着我 |
[18:51] | I want someone who’s with me | 我希望跟着我的人 |
[18:53] | ’cause they want to kick some ass. | 是因为想变得厉害才入这行 |
[18:54] | I do kick ass. | 我确实挺厉害 |
[18:55] | And if you want to take this job right now, | 如果你现在就接受这份工作 |
[18:57] | I will negotiate in good faith. | 我就认认真真跟你商讨 |
[19:01] | But you don’t. | 但你不想 |
[19:05] | I don’t yet. | 现在还不想 |
[19:10] | Starting tomorrow, | 明天起 |
[19:12] | I’ll be interviewing other people. | 我会开始面试其他人 |
[19:14] | Once I find the right person, | 一旦我找到合适的人选 |
[19:18] | job is gone. | 这工作就没了 |
[19:23] | I’m not dropping my suit when you’re going public in two days. | 我不会在你们上市的两天前撤诉的 |
[19:26] | James, you’ve read all about Hessington Oil. | 詹姆斯 你肯定读过海辛顿石油的相关报道 |
[19:29] | The odds were stacked against me. | 当时的情形完全不利于我 |
[19:31] | I won anyway, because I win. | 我还是赢了 因为我生来就是赢家 |
[19:34] | You won because Edward Darby came forward. | 你赢了 是因为爱德华·达比出了头 |
[19:37] | You got lucky. | 你碰运气而已 |
[19:38] | Guys like you always think other people get lucky. | 像你这样的人 总是觉得别人是碰运气 |
[19:41] | I don’t get lucky. | 我不碰运气 |
[19:43] | I make my own luck, | 我创造自己的运气 |
[19:44] | And in this case, it’s bleeding you dry. | 这个案子 你会一败涂地 |
[19:48] | Right there. | 就在刚刚 |
[19:49] | You just gave me your tell. You have no other money. | 你泄了底 你没钱了 |
[19:53] | You’re done. There’s $100,000 in that pile. | 你玩完了 那堆牌注里有十万美元 |
[19:58] | It’s the exact amount of the deal we offered you. | 正好是我们给你提的价 |
[20:02] | Sign it. | 签了它 |
[20:04] | We’ll fix the paperwork tomorrow. | 我们明天再完成文件 |
[20:10] | This is $1,000. Cash me out. | 这是一千美金 帮我兑现 |
[20:14] | He doesn’t play anymore the rest of the night. | 他今晚不再玩了 |
[20:27] | You didn’t sleep well. | 你没睡好 |
[20:29] | I didn’t sleep at all. | 我根本没睡 |
[20:32] | It’s a big decision. | 这确实是个重大决定 |
[20:34] | You still haven’t told me what you think. | 你到现在也没说过你的想法 |
[20:36] | Mike, I can’t make the decision for you. | 迈克 我不能帮你做决定 |
[20:39] | I don’t want you to make it for me. | 我没想让你帮我做决定 |
[20:40] | I just want to know what you think. | 我只想知道你的看法 |
[20:41] | And I already told you that I will support you | 我已经跟你说过我会 |
[20:43] | – with whatever you decide. – And the way you can support me | -支持你的所有决定 -你表示支持的 |
[20:45] | right now is by telling me how you feel. | 方法就是告诉我你的看法 |
[20:48] | – It’s not my place. – Not your place? | -这不应该由我说 -不应该由你说 |
[20:51] | Just admit it. You want me to take the job, | 承认吧 你想让我接受那份工作 |
[20:53] | but you’re too afraid to say it. | 但你不敢说 |
[20:54] | Okay, you want to know the truth? | 好吧 你想听实话吗 |
[20:56] | You already know what you want to do. | 你早就知道自己想怎么做了 |
[20:58] | And if I try to change your mind and it goes wrong, | 如果我还试图改变你的想法并且以后出了错 |
[21:01] | then I’m afraid you’re gonna hold it against me. | 我很害怕你会在这事上做文章 |
[21:03] | Would you just say it? | 你就说吧 |
[21:05] | Yes. I want you to take the job. | 是的 我希望你接受那份工作 |
[21:11] | Look, I know that you love what you do, | 我知道你很热爱现在的工作 |
[21:14] | but every day, you go into work with the possibility | 但你每天都要带着被抓的可能性 |
[21:16] | of being caught, and it is eating away at you. | 去上班 这件事在一点点的吞噬着你 |
[21:20] | If you stay there, that’s just not gonna change. | 如果你留在这 这个情况永远不会改变 |
[21:30] | – Jessica. How did– – It go? | -杰西卡 事情进展 -如何 |
[21:33] | I’ll tell you how it went. I got hung out to dry. | 我来告诉你进展如何 我被害惨了 |
[21:37] | What? No, it was a good move. | 什么 不可能 那办法很高明 |
[21:38] | Oh, it would have been | 如果不是我们自己的章程 |
[21:40] | if our own bylaws didn’t supersede it. | 推翻了这个办法的话 那确实高明 |
[21:42] | Th-that’s impossible. | 那不可能 |
[21:44] | It was convoluted and buried in the fine print, | 关键信息被隐藏在复杂难懂的小字注释中了 |
[21:46] | and something Louis Litt never would have missed. | 如果是路易·利特的话一定会想到 |
[21:49] | Look me in the eye and tell me I’m wrong. | 看着我的眼睛说我说错了吗 |
[21:53] | You’re not. He wouldn’t have missed it. | 你说的没错 他一定能想到 |
[21:55] | So when you came into my office | 所以当你走进我的办公室 |
[21:57] | and told me Louis had come up with that move, | 告诉我路易想出了这个办法的时候 |
[21:59] | you were full of shit. | 你就是在蒙我 |
[22:04] | I’m sorry. I wanted to help. | 对不起 我只是想帮忙 |
[22:07] | Well, that kind of thing only happens once. | 这种事只会发生这一次 |
[22:09] | You know how I know it’s not gonna happen again? | 你知道我为什么这么说吗 |
[22:13] | Pack up your shit. | 收拾好你的东西 |
[22:16] | I don’t care what kind of deal you have with Harvey. | 我不在乎你和哈维有什么协议 |
[22:19] | You’re done. | 你可以走了 |
[22:28] | Why wouldn’t you tell her? | 你为什么不告诉她 |
[22:30] | I said I would cover. | 我说了我会帮他打掩护 |
[22:32] | I didn’t say I would cover when it suited me. | 我没说只有在情况允许的条件下才帮他 |
[22:35] | Yeah, but he wouldn’t want you to get fired over this. | 是的 但他也不想你因为这件事被开除啊 |
[22:37] | I should be fired. I let Jessica look stupid. | 我应该被开除 我让杰西卡出丑 |
[22:40] | Katrina– | 卡特里娜 |
[22:41] | Thank you for your help, Rachel. | 谢谢你帮我 瑞秋 |
[22:43] | I really appreciate it, | 我很感激 |
[22:44] | but if you don’t mind, I’d like to be alone. | 但如果你不介意的话 我想一个人呆着 |
[23:10] | He’s not here. | 他不在 |
[23:13] | Where is he? | 去哪儿了 |
[23:15] | To tell you the truth, I don’t know. | 说实话 我不知道 |
[23:16] | All he said was he had a late night. | 他只说他昨晚睡得很晚 |
[23:20] | Well, I can come back. | 好吧 我等下再来 |
[23:21] | – I was just– – You’re taking the job, | -我只是 -你准备接受那份工作了 |
[23:22] | Aren’t you? | 是不是 |
[23:25] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[23:26] | Yeah, you do. | 你知道 |
[23:27] | You just don’t want to admit it. | 你只是不想承认而已 |
[23:34] | Yeah. I’m taking the job. | 是的 我准备接受那份工作了 |
[23:40] | God damn it. | 该死的 |
[23:48] | Do you know what that man has done for you? | 你知道那个人都为你做了些什么吗 |
[23:51] | Do you know what it took for him to start trusting someone? | 你知道他费了多少力才开始信任别人吗 |
[23:54] | – Donna– – Don’t interrupt me. | -唐娜 -别打断我 |
[23:56] | So someone’s dangling some money in front of you. | 有个人在你面前甩下些钱 |
[23:58] | – It’s not about that. – I don’t care what it’s about. | -跟钱没关系 -我不在乎跟什么有关 |
[24:00] | I’m gonna say what he won’t. | 我要把他不愿说的话告诉你 |
[24:02] | He needs you. | 他需要你 |
[24:04] | You need this job, and if you can’t see that, | 你需要这份工作 如果你不明白这点 |
[24:06] | then you might as well just leave right now. | 也许你确实应该离开 |
[24:07] | Donna, someone’s offering me a way out. | 唐娜 有人为我找到了一条出路 |
[24:11] | – So you don’t care about him. – Of course I do, | -那你不在乎他吗 -我当然在乎 |
[24:13] | but I also care about my life with Rachel. | 但我也在乎和瑞秋一起的生活 |
[24:21] | I don’t want to live my life like this anymore. | 我不想在过这样的生活了 |
[24:34] | Then you better be the best goddamn investment banker | 那你最好成为这个城市里 |
[24:36] | this city has ever seen. | 最好的投资银行家 |
[24:50] | Scottie, I’m sorry I was angry in your direction, | 斯科特 很抱歉我对你发脾气了 |
[24:53] | but it was really about something else. | 但我发火是因为别的事情 |
[24:54] | Let me guess, Donna explained your feelings to you, | 我猜猜 唐娜把你的感受告诉你了 |
[24:57] | and now you’re here to apologize. | 现在你来跟我道歉了 |
[24:58] | Maybe. | 也许吧 |
[25:01] | What was the something else? | 别的事情到底是什么事 |
[25:03] | Mike got a job offer. | 有人给了迈克一个工作机会 |
[25:05] | And you don’t want him to do it. | 但你不想让他走 |
[25:07] | No, I don’t. | 我不想 |
[25:08] | well, if you want him to stay, | 如果你想让他留下来 |
[25:09] | you know what’s actually a nice tactic? | 你知道该怎样做吗 |
[25:12] | Telling him you want him to stay. | 告诉他你想让他留下来 |
[25:17] | What? | 什么 |
[25:18] | Had I known “Tell me what’s going on with you” | 我不知道”告诉我你到底发生了什么事” |
[25:20] | meant “I’m going to tell you what to do,” | 原来等于”我会告诉你应该怎么做” |
[25:22] | I might not have taken you up on it. | 知道的话我就不来找你了 |
[25:23] | Oh, okay. Mmm. | 好吧 |
[25:34] | – I’ll see you in there. – Okay. | -你先进去吧 -好吧 |
[25:39] | You have that paperwork for me? | 文件带来了吗 |
[25:41] | Well, I got something for you, but it’s not that. | 我确实有东西给你 但不是你要的文件 |
[25:43] | Didn’t you learn your lesson last night? | 经过昨晚你还没有长记性吗 |
[25:45] | I learned to listen. | 我学会了倾听 |
[25:46] | When you talked, | 你说话的时候 |
[25:47] | you mentioned Hessington Oil, so I looked back into it. | 提到了海辛顿石油 我就去查了一下 |
[25:51] | Turns out you don’t create your own luck. | 结果发现你并不是自己制造运气 |
[25:53] | Your associate does. | 是你的手下替你制造的 |
[25:54] | What the hell are you talking about? | 你这么说是什么意思 |
[25:56] | He conspired with Harold Gunderson | 他与哈罗德·甘德森合谋 |
[25:57] | to file a lawsuit against your own client | 对你们自己的客户发起了诉讼 |
[25:59] | so you could bribe witnesses not to testify. | 好让你去贿赂证人不出庭作证 |
[26:02] | We didn’t bribe anyone. | 我们没有贿赂任何人 |
[26:03] | – That was a legal settlement. – Don’t try to tell me | -那是合法的诉讼和解 -别跟我说 |
[26:06] | two rookie associates who went to law school together | 两个一起上法学院 毕业后一同工作的 |
[26:09] | and started at the same firm made this happen | 新手律师没有共谋 |
[26:11] | – without collusion. – I don’t need to tell you | -促成了此事 -我不用告诉你任何事 |
[26:12] | anything ’cause there’s nothing to tell. | 因为根本没什么好说的 |
[26:14] | Well, you’re gonna have to tell someone something, | 你肯定和什么人说了些什么 |
[26:17] | because that suit was filed one day, settled the next, | 因为那案子头一天发起 第二天就和解 |
[26:19] | and those witnesses cancelled their flights to New York. | 那些证人也取消了去纽约的机票 |
[26:21] | That is a bribe, | 那就是贿赂 |
[26:23] | And when I bring it to the attention of the bar, | 当我把这件事告诉律师协会后 |
[26:25] | you and your associate are going to be in deep shit. | 你和你的手下就惨了 |
[26:28] | Now who showed his tell? | 现在看看是谁泄底了 |
[26:31] | Here’s your money back. | 你的钱还给你 |
[26:33] | And either I go to the bar, or you settle for $2 million. | 我去律师协会告发你 或者两百万和解 |
[26:37] | You have until tomorrow. | 明天之前答复我 |
[26:45] | – Where is Mike? – He’s in there. | -迈克在哪 -在里面 |
[26:47] | Harvey– | 哈维 |
[26:50] | – Harvey. – Not now. | -哈维 -等一下 |
[26:52] | – You need to call Lola Jensen. – What? | -打电话给罗拉·詹森 -什么 |
[26:54] | You need to get her to hack into the bar | 你要让她黑进律师协会 |
[26:56] | and put your name in. | 然后把你的名字加进去 |
[26:57] | What the hell are you talking about? | 你在说什么 |
[26:58] | A week ago, you told me that the number one rule | 一周前 你告诉我首要的原则是 |
[27:00] | was not to move the goddamn body. | 不要有任何行动 |
[27:01] | A week ago, people weren’t sniffing around you. | 一周前 没有人在打探你 |
[27:04] | – Harvey, my job offer is not– – This isn’t about your offer. | -哈维 那份工作 -这与那份工作无关 |
[27:06] | Quelling knows about your bullshit lawsuit | 柯灵知道了你与哈罗德·甘德森 |
[27:08] | with Harold Gunderson. | 那个狗屁官司了 |
[27:10] | He turned me in? | 他去检举我了 |
[27:11] | No, but he will if we don’t cave. | 没有 但如果我们不屈服他会的 |
[27:13] | – He can’t prove anything. – He doesn’t have to. | -他什么都证明不了 -他不用证明 |
[27:16] | He hands you in to the bar, | 他把你交给律师协会 |
[27:17] | they look you up, we’re done. | 他们查一下你的名字 我们就完了 |
[27:18] | Not if I’m not here. | 我离开这里就没事了 |
[27:22] | Oh, that’s why you’re in here. | 你来就是为了说这事 |
[27:25] | – You’re taking the job. – I am. | -你打算接受那份工作 -是 |
[27:33] | And you think an addicted gambler | 你以为只要你不在这里工作 |
[27:35] | who lost his wife, his child, and his house is gonna stop | 那个失去了老婆孩子和房子的赌棍 |
[27:38] | coming for you just because you’re not working here? | 就会不再纠缠你了吗 |
[27:40] | You said it yourself. Hacking into the bar | 你自己也说过 黑进资格考名单 |
[27:42] | is twice the crime I’ve been committing. | 比我现在犯的罪还重一倍 |
[27:44] | I am telling you Quelling is on the trail. | 我告诉你 柯灵正在受审 |
[27:46] | You don’t do this, we’re gonna get caught. | 如果你不这么做 我们就会被抓住 |
[27:47] | – There’s got to be another way. – There isn’t. | -一定有其它办法的 -没有 |
[27:49] | – I don’t believe that. – Then you better | -我不信 -那你最好 |
[27:50] | figure something out fast, because tomorrow morning, | 赶紧想个主意出来 不然明早 |
[27:52] | we’re done, and you quitting isn’t gonna change that. | 我们就完了 就算你辞职也无济于事 |
[28:06] | You can’t fire Katrina Bennett. | 你不能解雇卡特里娜·班尼特 |
[28:08] | I can fire whoever I want to. | 我可以解雇任何想解雇的人 |
[28:11] | She was covering for Louis. | 她是在为路易掩饰 |
[28:13] | What are you talking about? | 你在说什么 |
[28:14] | Louis’s engagement is over, and he’s losing it. | 路易的订婚无疾而终了 他很消沉 |
[28:17] | He won’t come in to work, he won’t pick up his phone, | 他不来工作 不接电话 |
[28:19] | and he just didn’t want anyone to know. | 而且不想让任何人知道 |
[28:22] | Then why are you telling me? | 那为什么是你来告诉我 |
[28:24] | Because I helped her cover for him. | 因为我帮着她一起为路易掩饰了 |
[28:29] | Are you saying I should fire you too? | 你是想说我该把你也炒了吗 |
[28:36] | I am saying that… | 我是想说 |
[28:39] | we made a mistake, | 我们是做错了 |
[28:42] | but that we were just looking out for Louis, | 但我们也是为了路易 |
[28:43] | and I know how much you value loyalty, | 而我知道你有多看重忠诚 |
[28:48] | so I don’t think that should be the thing | 所以我觉得卡特里娜 |
[28:50] | that costs Katrina her job… | 不该为此丢了工作 |
[28:55] | or mine. | 我也是 |
[29:00] | – Jessica. – I need you. | -杰西卡 -我需要你 |
[29:01] | No, listen, I just need a little more time. | 不 听着 我需要一点时间 |
[29:03] | And had you asked me for it, I would have said yes, | 那你只要跟我开口 我会同意的 |
[29:07] | but instead, you had Katrina cover for you. | 可相反 你却让卡特里娜为你掩饰 |
[29:11] | Oh, that little traitor. What, did she rat me out? | 那个小叛徒 她把我供出来了吗 |
[29:13] | No, she didn’t. She’s so loyal to you | 没有 她对你很忠诚 |
[29:15] | that she tried to pass off her work for yours. | 甚至想顶替你做了你的工作 |
[29:19] | Louis, Van Dyke wants to look at our books. | 路易 范·戴克想看我们的账本 |
[29:22] | What? We can’t have that. | 什么 不能让他这么做 |
[29:24] | I know. This was her fix. | 我知道 这是她的应对方案 |
[29:29] | Oh, no, and you used this on him? | 哦不 你用了这个来对付他 |
[29:31] | I did, and then I fired Katrina. | 对 所以我解雇了卡特里娜 |
[29:35] | – Jessica. – I know. | -杰西卡 -我知道 |
[29:37] | I can’t fire her for being loyal. | 我不能因为她的忠诚而解雇她 |
[29:39] | But I can’t afford you sitting here licking your wounds | 但现在已经火烧眉毛了 没时间让你 |
[29:42] | while I get my ass handed to me. | 坐在这舔舐伤口 |
[29:44] | Please, just listen to me, okay? | 拜托 听我说几句 好吗 |
[29:46] | I cannot see straight. | 我现在无法明辨 |
[29:47] | I cannot think straight, | 无法思考 |
[29:49] | and even if I wanted to come and help you, | 即使我想帮你 |
[29:51] | I wouldn’t be any good to you, so… | 我也毫无用处 所以… |
[29:54] | Louis… | 路易 |
[29:58] | I know you loved Sheila, | 我知道你爱过希拉 |
[30:02] | but do you love your firm? | 可你爱你的律所吗 |
[30:06] | You know I do. | 你知道我爱的 |
[30:07] | And when you love a woman, | 当你爱上一个女人时 |
[30:08] | can you stand the thought of her being with another man? | 想到她和别人在一起 你能忍受吗 |
[30:12] | – No. – Well, Louis, | -不 -那么 路易 |
[30:14] | Van Dyke is trying to get into Pearson Specter’s pants. | 范·戴克正在试图扒了皮尔逊-斯佩克特的裤子 |
[30:20] | What are you going to do about it? | 你要怎么做 |
[30:26] | I’m gonna put on a goddamn chastity belt. | 我要牢牢系上贞操带 |
[30:28] | How? | 怎么系 |
[30:29] | ‘Cause Katrina actually was on the right track. | 卡特里娜的方向其实是对的 |
[30:31] | Van Dyke’s claim is gone if the partnership is gone. | 只要取消合伙制度 他的要求就可以去见鬼了 |
[30:35] | The bylaws say it’s not. | 公司章程可不是这么说的 |
[30:36] | No, it is if we become an l.L.C. | 不 只要我们变成有限责任公司就行了 |
[30:39] | We can’t do that by tomorrow. | 但在明天之前是做不到的 |
[30:43] | We’d have to rewrite every contract. | 我们得重新起草每一份合同 |
[30:44] | Boy, wow, Jessica, you sometimes really surprise me. | 杰西卡 你有时候真让我服了 |
[30:46] | You don’t think I know that? | 你以为我不知道这点吗 |
[30:48] | I have an army of associates that I’ve trained | 我的助理律师部队 |
[30:51] | within an inch of their lives. | 曾被我精心调教得死去活来 |
[30:52] | My name is Louis goddamn Marlowe Litt, | 我可是鬼见愁路易·马洛·利特 |
[30:54] | and my firm is under siege, so don’t you tell me | 现在我的律所被围攻了 所以你别来告诉我 |
[30:57] | what I can and cannot do! | 什么能做什么不能做 |
[31:14] | I don’t want to interrupt, but I was just wondering | 我不想打扰你 就是有点好奇 |
[31:17] | what happened with Mike. | 迈克怎么了 |
[31:19] | He’s leaving. | 他要辞职 |
[31:26] | I’m sorry. | 真遗憾 |
[31:28] | It’s fine. | 没事 |
[31:31] | Can I ask you something? | 能问你点事吗 |
[31:34] | Did you tell him that you wanted him to stay? | 你有没有告诉他 你希望他留下 |
[31:37] | I didn’t get around to it. | 我没机会说 |
[31:41] | You–you didn’t get around to it? | 你没机会说 |
[31:43] | I was gonna tell him, and then he told me he was leaving, | 我正打算说 他就告诉我他要走 |
[31:46] | and then other shit came up, so… | 之后又发生了一堆破事 所以 |
[31:48] | So you just dropped it? | 所以你就放弃了 |
[31:50] | I told you other shit came up. | 我说了 发生了别的破事 |
[31:52] | What other shit? | 什么破事 |
[31:54] | I mean, you had an emergency case filing, | 难道你突然来了个案子 |
[31:56] | so you let your protege walk out the door? | 所以就让你徒弟这么走了 |
[31:57] | – It’s complicated. – Okay. | -事情很复杂 -好吧 |
[32:00] | Well, then share it with me. | 那就跟我说说 |
[32:06] | Quelling came after us. The Hessington witnesses. | 柯灵缠上我们了 因为海辛顿案的目击者 |
[32:10] | What? That’s bullshit. | 什么 真是扯淡 |
[32:12] | You may have blurred some lines, | 或许你是钻了点法律的空子 |
[32:13] | but you certainly didn’t cross any. | 但你绝对没有越界违法 |
[32:14] | Fight him. | 反击他 |
[32:16] | – No, I can’t. – why? | -我不能 -为什么 |
[32:17] | Look, I don’t want to talk about it. | 我不想谈这个 |
[32:19] | What is going on here? When somebody pisses you off, | 怎么回事 如果有人激怒你 |
[32:21] | – you get in the ring. – What are you saying? | -你只会打得他屁滚尿流 -你想说什么 |
[32:23] | What I’m saying is that you’re not taking on Quelling, | 我想说你不仅没有反击柯灵 |
[32:25] | but you’re letting Mike walk out the door | 反而还让迈克走了 |
[32:27] | without trying to stop him. | 甚至没有试图阻拦他 |
[32:28] | I think one thing changed the other, | 肯定是有什么变了 |
[32:30] | and I want to know why. | 我想知道原因 |
[32:31] | Maybe what changed is his desire to be here, | 或许是他变了 不愿留在这了 |
[32:34] | and maybe what I have to say doesn’t matter. | 或许我要说的根本不重要 |
[32:37] | Of course it matters. Now, what is this really about? | 那很重要 到底是什么事 |
[32:40] | Because it’s sure as hell not about some stupid case. | 肯定跟什么破案子无关 |
[32:42] | You know what? God damn it! | 去他妈的无关 |
[32:43] | For once, can’t it just be about what I said it’s about? | 我说是什么事就是什么事 不行吗 |
[32:48] | You didn’t say what it was about. | 你根本没说过是什么事 |
[33:03] | Harvey, I’m really sorry | 哈维 我真的很遗憾 |
[33:05] | that the Mike thing turned out this way. | 迈克的事结果变成这样 |
[33:08] | I am, but I can’t say that I didn’t see it coming. | 真的 但我得说我猜到了会这样 |
[33:11] | – Scottie, it isn’t– – What? It isn’t what? | -斯科特 这不是 -什么 不是什么 |
[33:13] | It isn’t what it seems? | 不是表面上看起来那样 |
[33:15] | Because I don’t know what it seems. | 我都不知道表面上看起来什么样 |
[33:16] | All I know is that any time I ask you about anything, | 我只知道每次我问你什么事 |
[33:19] | all you say is, “I can’t talk about it.” | 你都只会告诉我你不能说 |
[33:28] | I’m just gonna stop asking. | 所以我不会再问了 |
[33:30] | Then we’ll just make up later, | 反正之后我们会和好 |
[33:31] | and we can do it all over again tomorrow. | 然后明天同样的事又会再次上演 |
[33:56] | Quelling can’t hurt us anymore. | 柯灵对我们没威胁了 |
[33:59] | – You went to see Lola. – I looked at his accounts. | -你去见罗拉了 -我查了他的账户 |
[34:02] | I wanted to find out where all that money came from | 我想查出他哪来的钱 |
[34:04] | to find all those clients. | 去找来这么多委托人 |
[34:06] | He doesn’t have the money. | 他没钱 |
[34:07] | And yet his rent gets paid, | 可他却付清了房租 |
[34:08] | and they don’t turn off his electricity. | 也没被断电 |
[34:17] | Holy shit. | 我了个去 |
[34:18] | Guess you didn’t have to see Lola after all. | 看来你不用去见罗拉了 |
[34:20] | You think I got access to that with a court order? | 你以为我是靠法院指令进他账户的吗 |
[34:23] | So you did go see her? | 所以你还是去见罗拉了 |
[34:24] | You put the idea in my head. | 是你的主意 |
[34:26] | I just came up with a different agenda. | 我不过改了改具体内容 |
[34:30] | We got him. | 我们解决他了 |
[34:35] | No. | 不 |
[34:38] | – You got him. – What? | -是你解决了 -什么 |
[34:41] | Your going-away present. | 算你的饯别礼 |
[34:45] | Be a lawyer one last time. Knock this guy out. | 最后当一把律师 给他点教训 |
[35:09] | You have my settlement check. | 你带支票来了吗 |
[35:11] | I don’t have a dime for you. | 一分钱都没有 |
[35:14] | Then I guess the bar is going to be hearing from me | 那我明天得一早就要去委员会 |
[35:16] | first thing in the morning. | 打个报告了 |
[35:17] | Well, then, they’ll also be hearing from me. | 那我也会去 |
[35:21] | Disciplinary rule 5-107a, “Accepting compensation–“ | 准则第5-107条A款 “接受…” |
[35:24] | I know what it says. | 我知道条款内容 |
[35:25] | Then you also know The penalty is being disbarred. | 那你也知道惩罚是剥夺律师资格 |
[35:28] | You took money from our client’s competitors | 你收了我方客户竞争对手的钱 |
[35:30] | to trump up your bullshit suit. | 捏造了案子 |
[35:31] | You didn’t come by that legally. | 你这消息不是合法获得的吧 |
[35:33] | And they’re not gonna care. | 委员会才不关心呢 |
[35:35] | I don’t know if you’ve noticed, | 不知道你是否注意到 |
[35:36] | but I don’t have a hell of a lot to lose, | 但我了无牵挂 |
[35:38] | so sign my deal or get the hell out of my office. | 要么签协议 要么就滚出去 |
[35:41] | Well, here’s the thing, James. | 不过事实是 詹姆斯 |
[35:44] | I don’t either… | 我也是 |
[35:48] | Because today is my last day as a lawyer anyway. | 因为今天是我最后一天做律师 |
[35:51] | – Bullshit. – Look at me. | -你就忽悠吧 -看着我 |
[35:57] | Good luck in front of the bar. | 祝你去委员会好运 |
[36:03] | I wasn’t always like this. | 我并非一直如此 |
[36:09] | I had tobacco in my sights. | 烟草公司一案胜利近在咫尺 |
[36:12] | They offered me a lot of money. | 他们愿意出很多钱 |
[36:13] | I could have made a fortune. | 我本可以大赚一笔 |
[36:16] | But $15,000 per client for people with cancer? | 但就给患有癌症的人一人一万五 |
[36:20] | I risked going to verdict because I wanted to | 我冒险等判决 因为我想 |
[36:22] | get those people something that could make a difference! | 为那些人拿到更多钱 能让生活有所不同 |
[36:27] | And I lost everything… | 结果我失去了一切 |
[36:31] | My clients, my wife, my kids! | 客户 妻子 孩子 |
[36:33] | You lost them because you gambled them away, James. | 你失去他们是因为你的赌瘾 詹姆斯 |
[36:36] | I know that. | 我知道 |
[36:47] | Please. | 求你了 |
[36:51] | Being a lawyer is what I am. | 我生来就是律师 |
[36:54] | It’s who I am. | 是我的生命 |
[36:58] | And if you take that away… | 若你夺走… |
[37:03] | It’s up to you, James. | 决定权在你 詹姆斯 |
[37:11] | I’ll drop the suit. | 我会撤销诉讼 |
[37:19] | I promise. | 我保证 |
[37:29] | Louis, where the hell are you? | 路易 你在哪呢 |
[37:30] | You said you could get it done. | 你说你做得到 |
[37:32] | I walk through those doors, our books fly open. | 我要是走进去 就都晚了 |
[37:36] | Get here now. | 赶紧过来 |
[37:39] | Well, this should be fun. | 这回肯定很带劲 |
[37:44] | We’ve never been across the aisle from each other. | 我们还没来没做过对手 |
[37:46] | Which is why you don’t realize that it won’t be fun. | 所以你才不知道我的厉害 |
[37:48] | We’ll see what we see. | 我们走着瞧 |
[37:50] | Case 41432, Van Dyke versus Pearson. | 第41432号案件 范·戴克诉皮尔逊 |
[37:54] | Look at that. Game time. | 瞧 游戏开始 |
[37:56] | – Ladies first. – Ladies first. | -女士优先 -女士优先 |
[38:00] | – Son of a bitch. – For being polite? | -狗娘养的 -礼貌也有错 |
[38:03] | Were you being polite when you hired me? | 你当初雇佣我时 是出于礼节吗 |
[38:06] | What does one have to do with the other? | 这跟现在又有什么关系 |
[38:08] | “To the man who hired me, for all you’ve done.” | 致录取我的人 感谢你所做的一切 |
[38:13] | Do you want to know what I meant when I wrote that card? | 你想知道我写那张卡是为了什么吗 |
[38:17] | The day you made me that offer, I asked you, | 你同意雇佣我时 我问过你 |
[38:19] | “Did it have anything to do with gender or race?” | 这跟性别或种族有没有关系 |
[38:22] | You swore it didn’t. | 你发誓说没有 |
[38:24] | You lied to me. | 你骗了我 |
[38:27] | – It didn’t. – You’re lying now. | -是没有 -你现在还在撒谎 |
[38:30] | You know, Daniel Hardman may have used people, | 丹尼尔·哈德曼虽会利用别人 |
[38:33] | but he didn’t give a shit about their gender | 但他从不关心性别 |
[38:35] | or their color. | 或肤色 |
[38:36] | He showed you the list. | 他给你看了名单 |
[38:37] | Right next to my name, an asterisk. Not “Law review.” | 在我名字旁有个星号 不是说我突出 |
[38:41] | Not second in my class. Diversity. | 也不是标明我的成绩 而是为了多样化 |
[38:44] | You were treated the same. | 对你的待遇是一样的 |
[38:45] | You tell yourself that, but we both know the truth, | 你可以这么告诉自己 但我们都知道真相 |
[38:49] | which is why I sleep at night just fine. | 这也是我能够安心入睡的原因 |
[38:52] | Well, it doesn’t change the facts in this case, does it? | 但这并不会改变这个案子的实质对吧 |
[38:56] | No. No, it doesn’t, but this will. | 不 不会 但这个会 |
[38:58] | Charles, you remember Louis Litt? | 查尔斯 你记得路易·利特吧 |
[38:59] | Sorry, I couldn’t run. | 对不起 我不能跑过来 |
[39:00] | Doctor wanted me to take it easy. | 医生让我不要太着急 |
[39:02] | Hey, Charles. | 你好 查尔斯 |
[39:04] | Great to see you. | 很高兴见到你 |
[39:08] | You told me that story to stall. | 你讲那个故事只是为了拖延时间吧 |
[39:11] | That was a stall… | 确实是为了拖时间 |
[39:13] | But this is for me. | 但接下来是为了我自己 |
[39:16] | When I saw that asterisk next to my name, | 当我看到我名字旁边的注释时 |
[39:19] | it made me sick to my stomach, because in one second, | 真是让我觉得恶心 因为我立刻就明白 |
[39:23] | I understood how you will always see me. | 你会用一种什么样的眼光看我了 |
[39:26] | So that card was a thank you, | 所以那张卡确实是代表感谢 |
[39:28] | because if I hadn’t have felt sick, | 因为如果我没有感到恶心 |
[39:30] | then I might not have worked as hard as I did | 我就不会如此努力的工作 |
[39:32] | to get where I am today. | 从而取得现在的成就 |
[39:35] | You woke the dragon, Charles. | 你唤醒了沉睡的巨龙 查尔斯 |
[39:38] | How do you like me now? | 你现在觉得我怎么样 |
[39:51] | I know you’re there. | 我知道你在那 |
[39:54] | You need anything? | 需要我做些什么吗 |
[39:57] | No. | 不用 |
[39:59] | The I.P.O. is wrapped up. | 公开募股的事情搞定了 |
[40:01] | We go public monday morning. | 周一早晨上市 |
[40:03] | I wasn’t talking about the I.P.O. | 我不是指公开募股的事 |
[40:04] | I was talking about how you’re feeling about Mike. | 我是在说迈克的事 |
[40:06] | I know. | 我知道 |
[40:11] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[40:15] | Good night, Harvey. | 晚安 哈维 |
[40:19] | I’m gonna tell Scottie. | 我准备告诉斯科特 |
[40:23] | About Mike? Are you crazy? | 迈克的事 你疯了吗 |
[40:27] | You can’t have it both ways, Donna. | 你不能二者兼得 唐娜 |
[40:29] | You can’t tell me to open up and then keep my secrets. | 你不能让我敞开心扉的同时还要保守秘密 |
[40:31] | You spent more than a year covering it up. | 你花了一年多的时间去掩盖这件事 |
[40:34] | You tried to get him to commit another crime to cover it up, | 你还试图让他再次犯罪去掩盖原来的错误 |
[40:36] | – and now– – You said I should tell her | -现在呢 -你说我应该告诉她 |
[40:38] | what’s really bothering me! | 到底是什么事情让我烦恼 |
[40:39] | I meant your feelings. | 我是说你的感受 |
[40:41] | I didn’t mean confess to a felony. | 而不是承认一项罪行 |
[40:42] | These are my goddamn feelings! | 这就是我的感受 |
[40:44] | Donna, I did something when I hired him. | 唐娜 我雇他的时候做了些事情 |
[40:46] | It’s caused all of this. | 导致了现在这些问题 |
[40:47] | I can’t tell her, and it’s driving me crazy! | 但我不能告诉她 这快把我逼疯了 |
[40:51] | Okay. Look, Mike is gone, Harvey. | 好吧 迈克就要走了 哈维 |
[40:55] | I hate that he’s gone, but the jeopardy’s gone too. | 我虽然不愿意他走 但这样威胁也没了 |
[40:58] | It’s done. | 都结束了 |
[41:00] | And now you want to turn around and tell someone who– | 现在你却想回过头告诉一个… |
[41:05] | Someone who what? | 一个什么 |
[41:08] | Nothing. | 没什么 |
[41:13] | No, you better finish that sentence. | 不行 你最好把话说完 |
[41:15] | Someone who’s pissed at you, Harvey. | 一个生你气的人 哈维 |
[41:18] | Someone who keeps finding a reason to be pissed at you, | 一个一直找理由生你气的人 |
[41:21] | and it’s not the third time, and it’s not the fifth time, | 不是第三次了 也不是第五次 |
[41:23] | and it’s not the last time. | 当然也不是最后一次 |
[41:24] | I thought you were trying | 我认为你是在试图 |
[41:25] | to help my relationship, not shit on it. | 帮我解决感情问题 而不是添乱 |
[41:27] | Okay, you want to yell at me? Fine. | 你可以对我喊 没事 |
[41:29] | Because I know you’re not mad at me. | 因为我知道你不生我的气 |
[41:30] | And I know you’re only telling me this stupid idea | 我也知道你告诉这个愚蠢的主意 |
[41:32] | because you want me to tell you what you already know. | 只是因为你想我告诉你一些你已经知道的事 |
[41:35] | You can’t, Harvey. | 你不能 哈维 |
[41:41] | It’s good that you want to, but you can’t. | 你想告诉她这很好 但你不能说 |
[41:48] | Could I have a minute? | 能给我点时间吗 |
[42:01] | Congratulate me. | 祝贺我吧 |
[42:05] | I’m officially a member of the New York bar. | 我真是成为纽约律师协会的一员了 |
[42:09] | You went to Lola? | 你去找罗拉了 |
[42:11] | I made a mistake. I want to stay. | 我犯了个错误 我想留下来 |