时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:02] | Professor gerard. | 吉拉德教授 |
[00:03] | – I came to ask for a favor. – The answer is no. | -我来请你帮个忙 -我不会答应的 |
[00:06] | Which is why I brought this. | 所以我带了这个来 |
[00:07] | You know. | 你知道了 |
[00:09] | And you talk a big game, | 你高谈阔论 |
[00:10] | but you’re just as human as everyone else, | 但你其实也只是一个普通人 |
[00:12] | you smug son of a bitch. | 你这自以为是的混蛋 |
[00:14] | Louis. | 路易 |
[00:15] | – What are you doing here? – Leaving. | -你怎么来了 -我要走了 |
[00:17] | That way I don’t have to look at either one of you two liars. | 这样我就不用看着你们两个骗子了 |
[00:22] | Oh, my God, he knows. | 天呐 他知道了 |
[00:24] | He doesn’t just know. | 他不仅知道了 |
[00:27] | He’s a name partner. | 还成了冠名合伙人 |
[00:28] | She came to me and lied to my face. | 她跑到我面前对我撒谎 |
[00:30] | She did it to protect me | 她这么做是为了保护我 |
[00:31] | I’m gonna keep hammering on her | 我打算继续打击她 |
[00:33] | until you break. | 直到你崩溃 |
[00:35] | With a new name comes a new beginning. | 新的名字带来新的开始 |
[00:37] | Here’s to our newest name partner, Louis Litt. | 敬我们最新的冠名合伙人吧 路易·利特 |
[00:41] | Louis has something on you. | 路易掌握了你的把柄 |
[00:43] | Daniel Hardman embezzled money from the firm, | 丹尼尔·哈德曼挪用律所资金 |
[00:47] | and I covered it up. | 我为他遮掩了 |
[00:48] | Why couldn’t you trust me with that before? | 你之前为什么不能信任我 告诉我 |
[00:50] | Because I didn’t know how you’d react, | 因为我不知道你会有什么反应 |
[00:52] | Jessica, | 杰西卡 |
[00:53] | your secret is safe with me. | 我会帮你保密 |
[01:17] | I thought we were done with rooftop conversations. | 我以为我们现在不搞屋顶谈话了 |
[01:20] | Some things require privacy. | 有些事得私下说 |
[01:22] | I haven’t heard you say that | 这话自你半夜策划 |
[01:23] | since the midnight coup of Schmidt, Gordon, and Van Dyke. | 夺下施密特-高登-范·戴克律所就没听你说过了 |
[01:26] | You done? | 闹够了吗 |
[01:27] | It wasn’t a joke. | 我不是在开玩笑 |
[01:27] | Neither is this. | 我的事也不是玩笑 |
[01:28] | I told Jeff Malone I helped cover up | 我告诉杰夫·马龙我帮忙 |
[01:31] | Daniel Hardman’s embezzlement. | 掩盖了丹尼尔·哈德曼的挪用公款 |
[01:33] | Why the hell would you open that time capsule? | 你为什么要提那件旧事 |
[01:35] | Because he knew the explanation | 因为他知道我们 |
[01:37] | we gave the partners about Louis was bullshit, | 给其他合伙人做出的关于路易的解释就是鬼扯 |
[01:39] | and I had to tell him something. | 我只能告诉他点什么 |
[01:40] | You could’ve told him it was none of his business. | 你可以告诉他那不关他的事 |
[01:42] | Harvey, I didn’t bring you here | 哈维 我叫你上来 |
[01:44] | to get relationship advice. | 不是为了寻求感情建议 |
[01:45] | I brought you here to tell you what I did | 我只是叫你上来告诉你我做了什么 |
[01:47] | in case it ever came up. | 以防这事哪天提起 |
[01:48] | No, you didn’t. | 才不是 |
[01:48] | You brought me here because now | 你叫我来是因为这下 |
[01:49] | you have to get Louis to back you, | 你得让路易配合你的说辞 |
[01:51] | and you knew you’d be mad at me | 你也知道我说了不好听的忠言 |
[01:52] | when I told you what you didn’t want to hear. | 你就会生我气 |
[01:54] | You’re right. I don’t want to hear it. | 没错 我不想听 |
[01:56] | How do you think it’s gonna go | 你觉得如果我告诉路易 |
[01:57] | when I tell Louis he holds | 我的感情前途握在他手里 |
[01:58] | the fate of my relationship in his hands? | 会怎么样呢 |
[02:01] | How do you think it’s gonna go | 你觉得等马龙提起路易敲诈的事 |
[02:01] | the first time Malone brings up Louis’ blackmail? | 又会怎么样呢 |
[02:04] | I don’t care. | 我不管 |
[02:05] | Well, I’ll tell you how it’s gonna go. | 我告诉你吧 |
[02:06] | Louis is gonna look back | 路易会回过头来 |
[02:08] | with his beady little eyes and say, “Embezzlement? | 贼眉鼠眼地说 “挪用公款 |
[02:10] | That’s not how I got my name on the wall.” | 我才不是因为那个成了冠名合伙人呢” |
[02:12] | And the shit’s gonna hit the fan anyway. | 到时还是要天下大乱 |
[02:15] | You know what? | 告诉你 |
[02:16] | You can be a real son of a bitch. | 你有时候真混蛋 |
[02:17] | Yeah, but instead of being pissed at me, | 是啊 但你与其生我气 |
[02:19] | why don’t you take a look in the mirror? | 还不如对着镜子生自己气 |
[02:20] | Because we held out an olive branch, | 因为我们伸出了橄榄枝 |
[02:22] | and after Louis hears this, | 但路易一听说这事 |
[02:24] | he’s gonna take that branch | 他就会夺下那根橄榄枝 |
[02:25] | and beat the shit out of us with it. | 用它抽死我们 |
[02:36] | Louis. | 路易 |
[02:38] | Professor Gerard? What are you doing here? | 吉拉德教授 你怎么来了 |
[02:40] | I’ve got a small legal matter to attend to. | 我有件小小的法律事务要处理 |
[02:43] | Well, is it anything I can help you with? | 我能帮上忙吗 |
[02:45] | Actually, I’m here to speak with Harvey. | 其实 我是来找哈维的 |
[02:47] | I understand. | 我明白 |
[02:48] | You’re looking for a name partner. | 你是要找冠名合伙人 |
[02:49] | Well, you can’t quite see it from here, | 在这里是看不见 |
[02:50] | but if you walk back about ten feet, | 但如果你倒退十步 |
[02:52] | take a gander to your left, | 往左边扫一眼 |
[02:53] | you’ll see I’ve gotten a little recognition– | 你就会看到我得到了认可… |
[02:53] | I appreciate that, but as I said, | 恭喜你 但我说了 |
[02:56] | I’m here to speak with Harvey. | 我是来找哈维的 |
[03:02] | So are we gonna talk about that little welcome speech | 我们要谈谈杰西卡给路易的 |
[03:04] | that Jessica made for Louis? | 欢迎致辞吗 |
[03:05] | We don’t have to talk about it | 我们不用谈 |
[03:07] | because Louis isn’t going to accept it. | 因为路易不会认栽的 |
[03:08] | Why not? | 为什么 |
[03:10] | Because it’ll be a cold day in hell | 因为他永远不可能 |
[03:11] | when he can accept being Maverick to my Iceman. | 承认我是冰人 他只是小牛 |
[03:12] | 冰人 小牛 著名电影《壮志凌云》中主角代号 | |
[03:13] | Don’t–don’t you mean Iceman to your Maverick? | 你是说反了吧 |
[03:16] | No, I don’t. | 没有 |
[03:17] | You actually want to be Iceman over Maverick? | 你比起小牛更想做冰人吗 |
[03:20] | – Who got the trophy? – Who’s the better pilot? | -谁拿到奖杯了 -谁是更好的飞行员 |
[03:21] | – The one who got the trophy. – Wrong. | -拿奖杯的那个 -错 |
[03:23] | Because in the end, Maverick saved Iceman, | 因为最后 小牛救了冰人 |
[03:25] | and if he hadn’t, trophy boy would be sitting | 否则 奖杯男现在就躺在 |
[03:27] | on the bottom of the Indian Ocean right now. | 印度洋海底了 |
[03:28] | Where he’d still be the man. | 那他也还是更厉害 |
[03:29] | According to you. | 那是你的看法 |
[03:30] | According to me is the only “according to” that matters. | 我的看法是唯一重要的看法 |
[03:33] | Here we go. | 又来了 |
[03:34] | Maybe, but according to me, | 或许吧 但我的看法是 |
[03:37] | Viper was the real hero of that film. | 毒蛇才是电影里的真英雄 |
[03:40] | What? | 怎么了 |
[03:41] | You think I’m too old to know Top Gun? | 你以为我太老没看过《壮志凌云》吗 |
[03:42] | What I think is, | 我认为 |
[03:43] | you have no business being in my office. | 你不该进我办公室 |
[03:45] | Are we gonna do this in front of your associate? | 我们要当着你初级律师的面吵吗 |
[03:47] | We don’t have to do anything in front of anybody. | 我们不用当着谁的面做什么 |
[03:49] | You just have to go. | 你出去就好 |
[03:54] | Harvey… | 哈维 |
[03:56] | I need a lawyer. | 我需要个律师 |
[03:57] | Louis’ office is down the hall. | 路易的办公室就在走廊那头 |
[03:58] | I don’t want Louis. | 我不要路易 |
[04:00] | – I want you. – That’s funny. | -我要你 -真搞笑 |
[04:02] | The last time you saw me, you told me | 你上次看见我时 你说 |
[04:03] | I wasn’t fit to practice law in your ivory tower. | 我不配在你的象牙塔里做律师 |
[04:05] | What I told you was, | 我是说 |
[04:07] | is that you’ll sacrifice ethics for wins, | 你会为赢官司而放弃道德 |
[04:09] | and right now I’m not in my ivory tower, | 可我现在不在象牙塔里 |
[04:12] | and I need a win. | 我需要赢官司 |
[04:13] | I knew it. | 我就知道 |
[04:14] | You’re just like everybody else. | 你跟别人没什么两样 |
[04:15] | The ends don’t justify the means | 不择手段是卑劣的 |
[04:16] | until it’s your ass on the line. | 除非是你自己有危险 |
[04:18] | Do you think I like asking you for help? | 你以为我喜欢向你求助吗 |
[04:20] | I think this Liberty Rail thing must have you by the balls. | 我觉得自由铁路公司的事一定要你命了 |
[04:22] | So you know. | 你知道了 |
[04:23] | I know after their train derailed, | 我知道他家火车脱轨后 |
[04:25] | you were appointed to assess the victims’ compensation formula, | 你被指派去评估受害者赔付方案 |
[04:28] | and I know after you did, | 我知道此事后 |
[04:29] | some of those victims hired a lawyer | 有部分受害人雇了律师 |
[04:31] | and opened an investigation. | 展开调查 |
[04:32] | Then you also know they found nothing. | 那你也该知道他们什么都没发现 |
[04:34] | Then the question is, why are you here? | 那问题是 你为什么要来 |
[04:36] | The TSA found $25,000 in my luggage | 我宣布改变赔付方案那天 |
[04:39] | the day I announced I was changing the formula. | 运输安全管理局在我的行李里找到了两万五千块 |
[04:42] | So now you’re being accused of accepting a bribe. | 所以你被指控受贿了 |
[04:44] | Which I did not do. | 但我没受贿 |
[04:46] | Well, good luck proving that, Professor, | 祝你能证明这一点 教授 |
[04:47] | because it won’t be with my help. | 因为我不会帮你的 |
[04:52] | I was wrong about you, Mr. Specter. | 我看错你了 斯佩克特先生 |
[04:54] | I never thought that you wouldn’t represent somebody | 我没想到你会因为你不喜欢客户 |
[04:56] | just because you didn’t like them. | 而拒绝代理 |
[04:57] | Well, you’re wrong again. | 那你又错了 |
[04:59] | I don’t like you, but I’m not representing you | 我不喜欢你 但我之所以不接你的案子 |
[05:01] | because you did something shady, | 是因为你做了见不得光的事 |
[05:02] | and I’m not screwing over crash victims | 我不愿为了博你喜欢 |
[05:04] | for the likes of you. | 而去折磨那些受害者 |
[05:05] | You know I didn’t do this. | 你知道我没有做那种事 |
[05:06] | What I know is you showed yourself in. | 我只知道你是自己跑过来的 |
[05:08] | You can show yourself out. | 现在你也可以自己出去 |
[05:53] | Hey, I didn’t want to say anything in front of Gerard, | 我不想在吉拉德面前说什么 |
[05:54] | but has it occurred to you | 但你有没有想过 |
[05:55] | that you’re an idiot if you don’t take this case? | 如果你不接这个案子你就是个傻瓜 |
[05:58] | Last year, you were shitting yourself | 去年 你怕他发现你的事 |
[05:59] | he’d find out about you, | 怕到都要尿裤子了 |
[06:00] | and now you think we should work with him? | 现在你却认为我们应该跟他合作 |
[06:02] | No, I wasn’t worried he’d find out. | 不 我当时不是担心他发现 |
[06:04] | I was worried about Louis. | 而是担心路易发现 |
[06:05] | Gerard didn’t bat an eye at me back then, | 吉拉德那时都没有正眼看我一下 |
[06:07] | and he didn’t just now. | 刚才也没看 |
[06:09] | But we get him out of this | 但如果我们帮他拜托了困境 |
[06:10] | and he ever does find out about me, | 如果他以后发现我的事 |
[06:12] | he’s gonna owe us. | 他会欠我们一个人情 |
[06:13] | Mike, that man is never gonna compromise his ethics | 迈克 那个人绝不会因为我们帮他脱困 |
[06:16] | just because we got him out of a jam. | 就做些道德上的妥协 |
[06:17] | Never gonna compromise his ethics? | 绝不会做道德上的妥协 |
[06:18] | You just said he took a bribe. | 你刚说他接受了贿赂 |
[06:20] | So what does that have to do with anything? | 那又有什么关系 |
[06:23] | It has everything to do with everything | 这其中的关系很大 |
[06:24] | because you don’t think he did it. | 因为你不觉得他受贿了 |
[06:29] | – So what? – So what? | -那又怎样 -又怎样 |
[06:30] | That means you’re not turning him down | 那说明你拒绝他根本不是因为 |
[06:31] | because you think he’s shady. | 你认为他是个见不得光的小人 |
[06:33] | You’re… | 你 |
[06:34] | You’re turning him down because you have | 你拒绝他是因为 |
[06:35] | a Henry Gerard-sized chip on your shoulder. | 你对亨利·吉拉德还有怨气 |
[06:38] | I do not have a chip on my shoulder. | 我没有怨气 |
[06:39] | You sure sound like you do, | 听起来像有 |
[06:40] | which makes you worse than an idiot. | 这把你变得比傻瓜还糟 |
[06:42] | It makes you a jackass. | 你就是个蠢货 |
[06:43] | – Excuse me? – You heard me. | -你说什么 -你听到了 |
[06:44] | You know that he divided that money fairly, | 你知道他把赔偿金分配得很公平 |
[06:46] | which means that you’re just– | 这意味着你只是 |
[06:47] | I don’t care what it means, | 我不在乎这意味着什么 |
[06:48] | and I don’t need a lecture from you. | 我也不需要你的说教 |
[06:50] | Apparently you do, | 显然你很需要 |
[06:51] | because you’re about to screw over | 因为你差点就要为了 |
[06:52] | a bunch of innocent people | 跟某个伤害过你感情的人较劲 |
[06:53] | just to stick it to some guy who hurt your feelings. | 而危害很多无辜人的生活 |
[06:57] | That’s not something I ever thought | 我从来没想过会对你 |
[06:58] | I’d be saying to you. | 说出这种话 |
[07:03] | Look who it is, | 看看这是谁啊 |
[07:04] | the woman who put me in my place. | 那个让打压我至此的女人 |
[07:06] | What now? | 又怎么了 |
[07:07] | You want me to sign a piece of paper | 你想让我再签个什么文件 |
[07:08] | admitting that I was the man on the grassy knoll? | 承认我就是那个草丘上的守望者吗 |
[07:10] | I meant what I said at the ceremony, Louis. | 庆典上的话我都是发自肺腑的 路易 |
[07:12] | You mean the ceremony that you only had | 你是说那个为了引我签字 |
[07:14] | in order to trick me? | 才搞的庆典吗 |
[07:15] | I had it because you demanded it, | 我举办庆典是因为你要求了 |
[07:17] | but I’m not here to talk about that. | 但我来不是谈那事的 |
[07:19] | I’m here to talk about Jeff Malone. | 我来是想谈谈杰夫·马龙 |
[07:21] | What about him? | 他怎么了 |
[07:22] | You may be aware that he and I are– | 你也许发现了他和我 |
[07:23] | Fifty Shades of Grey? I’m aware. | 五十度灰吗 我明白了 |
[07:25] | I’m gonna let that go | 这话我不跟你计较 |
[07:27] | because you may also not be aware | 因为你也许不知道 |
[07:29] | that I had to lie to him. | 我必须要对他撒谎 |
[07:35] | He doesn’t know about Mike, does he? | 他不知道迈克的事 对吧 |
[07:37] | No. | 不知道 |
[07:38] | But he does know you committed a crime | 但他知道你犯了罪 |
[07:40] | and that you resigned | 然后辞了职 |
[07:41] | and now your name is up on the wall. | 但现在你的名字高高的挂在了墙上 |
[07:43] | What’d you tell him? | 你怎么跟他说的 |
[07:44] | I told him you found out | 我告诉他你发现了 |
[07:46] | that I covered up Daniel Hardman’s embezzlement | 我隐瞒了丹尼尔·哈德曼挪用公款的事 |
[07:48] | and that you used it to strong-arm me. | 然后用这件事要挟我 |
[07:51] | And now you want me to protect another one of your secrets. | 然后你现在想让我保守你的另一个秘密 |
[07:53] | It’s the same secret, Louis, | 是同一个的秘密 路易 |
[07:55] | and you have just as much invested in it as I do. | 而且你在其中牵扯深度跟我一样 |
[07:57] | No, I don’t, because I don’t care | 不 不一样 因为我不在乎 |
[07:59] | if your relationship with Jeff survives or not. | 你和杰夫的关系能不能维持下去 |
[08:03] | What do you want, Louis? | 你想怎么样 路易 |
[08:04] | I want something for continuing to cover your ass. | 我想要长期帮你保守秘密的好处 |
[08:06] | You got something. You got your name on the wall. | 你已经得了好处 你的名字挂在墙上了 |
[08:09] | Now I want the respect that comes with it. | 现在我想要与之匹配的尊重 |
[08:11] | Meaning? | 意思是 |
[08:12] | I want one of Harvey’s clients. | 我想要哈维的一个客户 |
[08:14] | Which one? | 哪一个 |
[08:18] | That’s between me and Harvey. | 那是我和哈维之间的事 |
[08:41] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[08:43] | I agreed to meet. | 我同意见面 |
[08:45] | I hope it’s not just so you can tell me | 我希望你不只是要再强调一遍 |
[08:47] | more about what a horrible person I am. | 我是一个多糟糕的人 |
[08:50] | I came here to tell you that I changed my mind. | 我来是要告诉你我改变了主意 |
[08:53] | So you admitted to yourself that I didn’t do this? | 所以你自己也承认了我没有受贿 |
[08:55] | I’ve admitted to myself that you came to me | 我承认了你来找我 |
[08:57] | because this case needs rule-bending, | 是因为这个案子不能循规蹈矩 |
[08:59] | and you’re gonna tell me why right now. | 并且你马上就要告诉我这其中的原因 |
[09:04] | The money. | 那笔钱 |
[09:05] | Yes, the money. | 是的 那笔钱 |
[09:06] | If you weren’t bribed, | 如果你没有受贿 |
[09:08] | where the hell did you get that $25,000 from? | 那你是从哪里得来的那两万五千块 |
[09:10] | You know where it came from. | 你知道那是从哪里来的 |
[09:12] | It’s the same thing you tried to | 和你去年用来勒索我的 |
[09:13] | use to blackmail me last year. | 事情是一样的 |
[09:16] | Let me get this straight. | 让我把事情理一理 |
[09:17] | You have an explanation for the money | 你这笔钱的来源 |
[09:18] | that would get you out of this whole thing. | 有一个完美的解释 |
[09:20] | But I can’t use it. | 但我却不能用 |
[09:24] | Where are you going? | 你要去哪 |
[09:26] | To get you out of this. | 去帮你摆脱麻烦 |
[09:28] | Welcome to the real world, Professor. | 欢迎来到现实世界 教授 |
[09:39] | I need you to find out everything you can on Garrett Brady. | 我需要你帮我收集有关加勒特·布雷迪的一切消息 |
[09:42] | Absolutely. Who’s Garrett Brady? | 没问题 谁是加勒特·布雷迪 |
[09:44] | The guy on the other side of Gerard’s suit. | 吉拉德案子的另一方 |
[09:48] | Wait a second. | 等等 |
[09:48] | Does this mean you took his case? | 这是不是意味着你接了他的案子 |
[09:50] | You know that means I took his case, | 你知道这意味着我接了他的案子 |
[09:51] | and I don’t want to hear any gloating. | 我也不想听到任何沾沾自喜的言论了 |
[09:53] | Gloating? No, no, no, no, no. | 沾沾自喜 没有 没有 |
[09:54] | I’m not– I’m not gloating. | 我没有 我没有沾沾自喜 |
[09:55] | I’m merely recognizing the fact that | 我只是意识到 |
[09:57] | you completely changed your mind | 你彻底改变主意 |
[09:58] | based entirely on what I said. | 完全是因为我的劝说 |
[10:01] | – Which is gloating. – “Po-tay-to,” “Po-tah-to.” | -这就是沾沾自喜 -算一个意思吧 |
[10:03] | But as long as you’re gonna think of it that way, | 但鉴于你还是会照自己方式想问题 |
[10:04] | I might as well point out | 所以我还要指出 |
[10:05] | that since you listened to my lecture, | 因为你听取了我的教诲 |
[10:08] | maybe you should start calling me Professor. | 所以也许你该称我为 教授 |
[10:10] | I’m gonna start calling you unemployed | 如果你想不出吉拉德不在场证明之外的办法 |
[10:11] | if you don’t figure out a way around using Gerard’s alibi. | 我就要称你为失业者了 |
[10:14] | Wait, we can’t say where the money came from? | 等等 我们不能说出钱的来源吗 |
[10:16] | No, we can’t, because he was playing backroom poker, | 不能 因为他是玩地下扑克赢来的 |
[10:19] | and if that comes out, Harvard fires him. | 如果被发现 哈佛会炒了他 |
[10:21] | Are you kidding me? | 不是开玩笑吧 |
[10:22] | He’s an ethics professor, and he’s breaking the law? | 他是伦理学教授 却破坏法律 |
[10:24] | Where the hell do you think my chip comes from? | 你以为我威慑么讨厌他 |
[10:28] | Well, if we can’t use his alibi, | 如果我们不能用本有的辩护 |
[10:29] | how are we supposed to get him out of this? | 又怎么帮他摆脱官司呢 |
[10:30] | I don’t know, Professor, | 我不知道 教授 |
[10:31] | but you’re the one who wanted us to take this case, | 但是 是你要我们接手这个案子的 |
[10:33] | so why don’t you use that big brain of yours | 所以为什么不好好利用你硕大的头脑 |
[10:35] | and find a solution? | 想出解决办法呢 |
[10:40] | You’re giving me Henry Gerard. | 把亨利·吉拉德的案子给我 |
[10:42] | What? | 什么 |
[10:42] | I saw him. I want him. | 我看到他了 我要他 |
[10:44] | You got him. He’s mine. | 你接了他的委托 把他给我 |
[10:45] | That’s not the way it works, Louis. | 这样做可行不通 路易 |
[10:46] | I’m afraid you’ll have to find yourself another boyfriend. | 你恐怕得另找一个男朋友 |
[10:48] | Oh, this is exactly how it works. | 这样做必须行得通 |
[10:52] | You talked to Jessica, didn’t you? | 你去跟杰西卡谈过了 是不是 |
[10:53] | Sure did, and she used me to cover her ass, | 当然 她利用我给自己擦屁股 |
[10:55] | so I get one of your clients in return. | 所以我要你的一个客户作为回报 |
[10:57] | You want one of my clients, we can talk about that, | 你要我的一个客户 这个可以谈 |
[10:59] | but Gerard’s staying with me. | 但是吉拉德不能给你 |
[11:00] | Please, don’t pretend | 得了 别装得好像 |
[11:02] | like you actually care about him. | 自己真心在乎他 |
[11:03] | He can’t even stand you. | 他甚至都忍不了你 |
[11:04] | Louis, I just offered to consider giving you | 路易 我已经说了要考虑给你 |
[11:07] | one of my clients, | 我的一位客户 |
[11:08] | so I suggest you let Gerard go. | 你就放过吉拉德吧 |
[11:10] | No, I’m not letting anything go, | 不 我不放过任何人 |
[11:11] | because it doesn’t make any sense. | 因为没道理那么做 |
[11:13] | Not only can’t he stand you. | 他不但忍不了你 |
[11:14] | He doesn’t respect you because he’s got things… | 还很不尊敬你 因为他… |
[11:16] | What did you just say to me? | 你刚才说什么 |
[11:18] | I said he doesn’t respect you. | 我说他并不尊敬你 |
[11:20] | Well, you know what? | 你猜怎么的 |
[11:21] | He definitely doesn’t respect you, | 他也绝对不会尊敬你 |
[11:23] | because when he told me he needed a lawyer, | 因为他跟我说 他需要律师的时候 |
[11:25] | I tried to send him your way, | 我试图把他推给你 |
[11:27] | and his exact words were, | 而他说 |
[11:29] | “I don’t want Louis. I want you.” | “我不要路易 我要你” |
[11:34] | Fine. | 很好 |
[11:35] | Then I’ll just take another one of your clients. | 那就给我另一个客户吧 |
[11:37] | – You’re not taking a thing. – You just said that I could… | -你什么也得不到 -你刚刚说… |
[11:39] | Look, I don’t give a shit what I just said, okay? | 我不在乎刚才说过什么 |
[11:41] | My clients are my clients. | 我的客户就是我的客户 |
[11:42] | And you don’t get out of my office | 如果你不在三秒钟内 |
[11:44] | in the next three seconds, | 离开我的办公室 |
[11:45] | something’s gonna happen between you and me, | 你我之间一定有事发生 |
[11:47] | and I guarantee it won’t end with you | 而且我保证 此事一旦发生 |
[11:49] | keeping all of your teeth. | 你的牙肯定保不全 |
[11:57] | No. | 不 |
[11:58] | Just turn around and walk right back out that door. | 回去 别进来 |
[12:00] | – Harvey. – Did you hear what I said? | -哈维 -你听到我说的了吗 |
[12:01] | I did, but apparently, you didn’t hear | 听到了 但显然你没听到 |
[12:02] | what Jessica said about wiping the slate clean. | 杰西卡所说的息事宁人 |
[12:04] | And apparently, you didn’t hear what I said, | 显然 你也没听到我说了什么 |
[12:06] | because I just told Louis he could have one of my clients. | 因为我刚才跟路易说 可以给他一位客户 |
[12:08] | And three seconds later, you told him he couldn’t. | 三秒之后你又跟他说不行 |
[12:10] | because I realized that | 因为我意识到 |
[12:11] | I’m paying for Jessica’s mistake. | 我是在为杰西卡的错误买单 |
[12:13] | No, Harvey, you were willing to pay for her mistake | 不 哈维 你本愿意为她买单的 |
[12:15] | right up until Louis said Gerard doesn’t respect you. | 直到路易说吉拉德不尊敬你 |
[12:17] | Oh, that has nothing to do with it. | 跟那个没关系 |
[12:18] | You can lie to yourself all you want, | 你可以自欺欺人 |
[12:20] | but I’m not gonna let you bullshit me. | 但我才不会让你糊弄我 |
[12:21] | What the hell are you talking about? | 你在说什么鬼话 |
[12:23] | Henry Gerard is the one person you respect | 亨利·吉拉德是你尊敬的人之一 |
[12:25] | who never respected you, and Louis touched that nerve. | 而他却不尊敬你 路易碰到了你这根敏感神经 |
[12:27] | And I told you that has nothing to do with it. | 我说了 跟那个没关系 |
[12:29] | You really think that? | 你真心这么想吗 |
[12:30] | I don’t think it. I know it. | 不是这么想 就是这么回事 |
[12:32] | Then you know what, Harvey? | 这么说来 哈维 |
[12:32] | You’re no different than Louis, | 你跟路易没区别 |
[12:34] | because you have a chance to help us all move on, | 因为你本来有机会帮我们渡过难关 |
[12:36] | and you are blowing it off out of pettiness, | 却因为一点小事毁了一切 |
[12:38] | which is exactly what Louis would do. | 路易就是这种人 |
[12:39] | What do you want from me, Donna? | 你要我怎么做 唐娜 |
[12:40] | I want you to be a grown-up | 我要你成熟点 |
[12:41] | and do what you said you’d do in the first place. | 做你承诺要做的事 |
[12:52] | You got something? | 有进展吗 |
[12:52] | Yeah, we’ve been overlooking the obvious. | 有 我们忽略了最明显的事 |
[12:55] | Yeah, I’m not in the mood for 20 questions. | 别让我一个接一个问问题 |
[12:56] | Give it to me. | 赶紧直说 |
[12:57] | Unless you’re traveling internationally and don’t report it, | 除非你在不上报的情况下出国 |
[12:59] | carrying cash on board a plane | 否则带现金上飞机 |
[13:01] | isn’t a crime. | 不算犯罪 |
[13:01] | Great, except for the fact | 很好 但事实是 |
[13:02] | that Gerard’s not being charged with smuggling. | 吉拉德没有被指控走私 |
[13:05] | He’s being sued. | 而是被起诉了受贿 |
[13:05] | Right, but my point is, | 没错 但我想说的是 |
[13:06] | how did Garrett Brady even find that out? | 加勒特·布雷迪是怎么发现的呢 |
[13:08] | Well, he found out because Gerard | 他发现了 是因为吉拉德 |
[13:10] | was detained by the TSA. | 被运输安全管理局扣住了 |
[13:11] | Who talked to him for five minutes | 运安局只跟他谈了五分钟 |
[13:13] | and then sent him on his way. | 然后就放他走了 |
[13:14] | Those searches aren’t a matter of public record. | 这种调查根本不会被记录在案 |
[13:17] | – Exactly. – Holy shit. | -没错 -该死 |
[13:18] | Brady bribed the T.S.A.. | 布雷迪贿赂了运安局 |
[13:20] | Which isn’t only illegal. | 这不仅违法 |
[13:21] | It makes that report totally inadmissible. | 而且能让那份报告被驳回 |
[13:23] | You figured this out on your own? | 是你自己想出的这个办法吗 |
[13:24] | Well, I would’ve done it faster, | 我本可以更快搞定的 |
[13:25] | but I had to order some sushi. | 可是我实在想先点份寿司吃 |
[13:27] | “Would’ve done it faster.” | “本可以更快搞定” |
[13:28] | That’s what you said your first week here, | 你第一周来上班就是这么说的 |
[13:30] | except it was pizza instead of sushi. | 只不过那时吃的是匹萨 不是寿司 |
[13:31] | Yeah, I’m growing. | 是的 我成长了 |
[13:32] | You mean Rachel taught you how to eat. | 你想说瑞秋教会了你什么叫吃东西吧 |
[13:35] | Like I said, I’m growing. | 我说了 我成长了 |
[13:40] | Hey, Donna, I’m a little busy at the moment. | 唐娜 我现在很忙 |
[13:42] | Too busy to take on this? | 忙得顾不上接这个吗 |
[13:44] | What’s that? | 那是什么 |
[13:45] | Just the first client that Jessica gave Harvey | 只不过是哈维当上冠名合伙人以后 |
[13:47] | when he made name partner. | 杰西卡给他的第一个委托人 |
[13:48] | Harvey said he wouldn’t let me have any of his clients. | 哈维说他不会给我任何委托人的 |
[13:50] | No. He said he would. | 不 他说会给你 |
[13:51] | But then instead of taking him up on it, | 可随后你不仅不接受 |
[13:53] | you went ahead and shit on his feelings. | 还伤了他的感情 |
[13:54] | Please. Harvey doesn’t have feelings. | 拜托 哈维根本没有感情 |
[13:56] | That’s not true, and you know it. | 这不是真的 你很清楚 |
[13:57] | And you of all people should know that a person | 而且你应该最清楚人在伤心的时候 |
[13:58] | can overreact when they’re hurt. | 会反应过度 |
[14:00] | If you’re referring to me, | 如果你在含沙射影地说我 |
[14:01] | I do not overreact when– | 我可没有反应过度… |
[14:02] | Okay, whatever you say, Fatty-Baldy. | 随便你 胖子神探 |
[14:04] | Okay, get the hell out of my office and– | 够了 从我办公室滚出去… |
[14:07] | Fine, you have a small, legitimate point. | 好吧 你说得稍微有那么一点小道理 |
[14:10] | I really hurt his feelings? | 我真的伤到他的感情了吗 |
[14:11] | Yeah, you really did. | 是的 千真万确 |
[14:12] | But then he realized he was overreacting | 但然后他意识到他反应过度了 |
[14:14] | and that this was a chance for us all | 他意识到这是一个能让我们大家 |
[14:16] | to get back to where we were. | 重归旧好的机会 |
[14:17] | You swear that is the first client | 你能发誓那是他当上冠名合伙人之后 |
[14:19] | that Jessica gave him after me made name partner? | 杰西卡给他的第一个委托人吗 |
[14:21] | I swear. | 我发誓 |
[14:23] | Leave me the file. | 把档案给我吧 |
[14:38] | You two go ahead. I haven’t decided yet. | 你们两个先点吧 我还没想好 |
[14:40] | Actually, we’re not here for the falafel. | 实际上我们不是来吃法拉费的 |
[14:42] | We’re here to introduce ourselves. | 我们来向你自我介绍 |
[14:43] | Mike Ross. | 迈克·罗斯 |
[14:44] | Harvey Specter. | 哈维·斯佩克特 |
[14:45] | We represent Henry Gerard. | 我们代理了亨利·吉拉德 |
[14:48] | Well, in that case, let me buy you two lunch, | 这样的话那还是让我请你们吃午饭吧 |
[14:50] | because I’m about to come into an unexpected windfall. | 因为我马上要赢一场出乎意料的大官司了 |
[14:53] | Well, I guess that’s your thing– | 看来你经常这样啊 |
[14:54] | paying people off. | 付钱让人办事 |
[14:55] | I hope the TSA got more than some shitty falafel. | 我希望你贿赂运管局用的不是劣质法拉费 |
[14:58] | What the hell are you talking about? | 你们到底在说什么 |
[14:59] | I’m talking about this. | 我在说这个 |
[15:05] | Bribery? | 行贿 |
[15:06] | Ironic, isn’t it? | 多讽刺啊 不是吗 |
[15:07] | You suing Professor Gerard for accepting a bribe | 你因为受贿而起诉吉拉德教授 |
[15:09] | when you’re the one paying off federal employees. | 结果你才是向联邦雇员行贿的那个人 |
[15:12] | Allegedly paying, Counselor. | 只是被指控行贿 律师 |
[15:14] | You don’t want to slander me. | 小心起诉你们诽谤哦 |
[15:16] | – So you admit it. – I don’t admit a thing. | -所以你承认了 -我什么都没承认 |
[15:18] | Your client sold out victims of a train derailment. | 你们的委托人从火车出轨受害人身上牟利 |
[15:20] | He’s going to pay. | 他必须付出代价 |
[15:20] | You may not be willing to admit anything here, | 你现在可能不愿意承认任何事 |
[15:22] | but you’ll have to in front of the judge. | 但到了法官面前你就得承认了 |
[15:24] | Because I’ve drafted subpoenas | 因为我准备申请传唤 |
[15:25] | for every TSA employee on duty that night. | 那晚当班的所有运管局雇员 |
[15:28] | Drop the case, Mr. Brady. | 撤诉吧 布雷迪先生 |
[15:30] | Are you threatening me? | 你们这是在威胁我吗 |
[15:31] | No, we’re informing you. | 不 我们只是告知你 |
[15:33] | Well, let me inform you. | 那让我来告知你们 |
[15:35] | In case you forgot, the TSA falls | 希望你们没忘记 运管局 |
[15:36] | under the Department of Homeland Security, | 归属国土安全部管辖 |
[15:38] | which makes this a national security issue. | 因此这属于国家安全问题 |
[15:40] | This has nothing to do with national security, | 这跟国家安全一毛钱关系都没有 |
[15:42] | and you know it. | 你心知肚明 |
[15:42] | All I know is the government found | 我只知道政府在一位乘客身上 |
[15:43] | a large sum of cash on a passenger. | 发现了大量现金 |
[15:45] | Now, how they came to know that, | 至于他们是怎么知道的 |
[15:46] | how they proceeded to investigate that, | 他们接下来怎么调查的 |
[15:48] | or what they did with that information | 或者他们拿这一消息怎么办 |
[15:49] | is the government’s business. | 都是政府的事 |
[15:50] | And that’s what you’re going with? | 你就打算拿这个当挡箭牌吗 |
[15:51] | That’s not what I’m going with. | 不是我打算拿这个当挡箭牌 |
[15:52] | That’s what they’re going to go with. | 而是他们会拿这个当挡箭牌 |
[15:54] | So you can call up as many TSA agents as you like, | 所以随便你们传唤多少运管局探员 |
[15:57] | but they’re not gonna be saying a thing. | 他们一个字都不会说的 |
[15:59] | And you can buy your own damn falafel. | 你们还是自己买法拉费吧 |
[16:09] | I need Cutie Pie Cosmetics. | 我需要魅力派美妆的资料 |
[16:11] | You want to try that again? | 你又想来找茬吗 |
[16:12] | I have a meeting with Joan Walsh tonight, | 我今晚要和琼·沃尔什见面 |
[16:13] | and I need her files. | 我需要她的档案 |
[16:14] | Joan is Harvey’s client. | 琼是哈维的委托人 |
[16:16] | – Not anymore. – Since when? | -不再是了 -从什么时候开始 |
[16:17] | Since it doesn’t matter, | 从什么时候开始不重要 |
[16:19] | because I’m name partner, | 我可是冠名合伙人 |
[16:20] | which means when I say I need something, | 这意思是我说我需要什么 |
[16:23] | your response should either be, | 你的回答应该是 |
[16:24] | “How high?” or “Can I have another?” | “要多少”或者”还需要别的吗” |
[16:28] | Fine. | 好吧 |
[16:29] | There are a few things that you should know– | 你需要知道几件事… |
[16:30] | You see, what I know is | 我需要知道就是 |
[16:32] | your boss seems to think | 你老板以为 |
[16:33] | all it takes to impress Joan Walsh | 只要让唐娜安排一顿上等的晚餐 |
[16:35] | is getting Donna to make a fancy dinner reservation, | 就能打动琼·沃尔什 |
[16:37] | but I’m going to impress her with so much legal domination | 而我却会用我超凡的法律能力打动她 |
[16:40] | that by the end of the night, | 今夜过去 |
[16:41] | all she’s gonna be able to say is, | 她压根不会记得 |
[16:42] | “Harvey Specter who?” | 哈维·斯佩克特是老几 |
[16:44] | – Okay, that’s a mistake– – A mistake? | -好 这就是一个错误… -错误吗 |
[16:46] | Oh, I get it. | 我明白了 |
[16:46] | You’re trying to impress me | 你是想用你的法律能力 |
[16:48] | with your legal domination | 来打动我 |
[16:49] | to prove that you’re not just a paralegal | 证明你不是小小的律师助理 |
[16:51] | but an associate. | 而是名合格的律师 |
[16:52] | No, Louis. I’m– | 不是的 路易 我… |
[16:53] | See, I don’t care what you call yourself. | 听着 我根本不关心你怎么看自己 |
[16:55] | So unless you did such a shitty job, | 所以除非你糟糕到 |
[16:57] | the files are unreadable, | 把那份档案写得狗屁不通 |
[16:59] | hand ’em over to me right now. | 否则就赶紧交给我 |
[17:24] | That’s more like it. | 这样才像话 |
[17:41] | What’s this? | 这是什么 |
[17:42] | I know you have to work tonight, | 我知道你今晚需要工作 |
[17:43] | but you also need to eat. | 但你也需要吃东西 |
[17:44] | I wouldn’t call this just eating. | 这可不只是吃东西 |
[17:46] | Well, you deserve better than paper plates. | 一次性盘子可配不上你 |
[17:48] | I don’t mind paper plates. | 我不介意一次性盘子啊 |
[17:50] | Oh, I know you don’t. | 我知道你不介意 |
[17:52] | I just said you deserve better. | 我只是说它配不上你 |
[17:53] | Is that Ropa Vieja? | 这是炖牛肉吗 |
[17:56] | I made it myself. | 我亲手做的 |
[17:58] | Which means you got it at the Cuban place | 也就是说你是从四十街和莱克斯街交叉口 |
[18:00] | that I love on 40th and Lex. | 那家我最喜欢的古巴餐厅买来的 |
[18:03] | By myself. | 亲手买来 |
[18:04] | What did I do to deserve this? | 我干了什么获此殊荣 |
[18:06] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[18:09] | I’m just… | 我只是… |
[18:11] | feeling closer. | 觉得咱俩关系进了一步 |
[18:13] | Because I confided in you. | 因为我信赖你 |
[18:15] | Because the walls are coming down, | 因为你的心防正在坍塌 |
[18:16] | and I can feel it. | 我感觉得到 |
[18:21] | What did I do to deserve you? | 我何德何能拥有你 |
[18:24] | Well, we can talk about that | 我们可以边吃这顿 |
[18:25] | over this delicious meal that I made all by myself. | 全部由我烹制的晚餐 边谈这件事 |
[18:41] | To us. | 敬我们 |
[18:46] | And then I said, “Helen, | 然后我说 “海伦 |
[18:48] | that’s no Pomeranian. | 那不是纯种博美犬 |
[18:50] | That’s a Pomimo. | 而是混血博美 |
[18:52] | You’ve been had.” | 你上当啦” |
[18:54] | That is hilarious. | 太搞笑了 |
[18:57] | Really, dogs, they are– | 真的 狗狗啊 它们… |
[18:59] | they are so fascinating. | 它们真是太迷人了 |
[19:00] | Do you have many dogs, Louis? | 你养了很多狗吗 路易 |
[19:01] | Hell, no. | 才没有 |
[19:05] | Building regulations– it’s a cluster of f-f-f… | 因为楼规不让养 真是群混… |
[19:08] | I’ve been fighting them for years. | 我和他们斗争好多年了 |
[19:09] | – Oh, that’s horrible. – Yes. | -太可怕了 -是啊 |
[19:11] | As is what’s going on with your stock. | 你的股权现在也不容乐观啊 |
[19:13] | Louis, we’re having dinner. | 路易 我们在吃晚饭呢 |
[19:14] | – Put that away. – No, no, no. | -把那玩意拿开 -不不不 |
[19:15] | But I just thought you’d be interested to know that | 我只是想着你可能会有兴趣知道 |
[19:16] | we could skyrocket the share price– | 我们可以让股价飙升 |
[19:18] | Right now what I’m interested in | 现在 我的兴趣只在 |
[19:20] | is having another Manhattan | 再点一杯曼哈顿鸡尾酒 |
[19:21] | and hearing what’s on the dessert list. | 以及听听甜品单上有什么 |
[19:22] | You don’t need a list. Get the Crème brulée. | 你不需要看单子 点法国焦糖蛋奶冻就好 |
[19:24] | Now, this stock issue, I have– | 现在 这个股权问题 我有… |
[19:25] | Fax the papers to my office, | 把文件传真到我办公室 |
[19:26] | and I’ll review them when I get home. | 然后等我回家了再看 |
[19:28] | When you get home? | 等回家再看 |
[19:29] | What the f-f… | 搞什么… |
[19:31] | What the hell did we come to dinner for, then? | 那我们到底是为什么出来用晚餐 |
[19:33] | For this. | 为了这个啊 |
[19:34] | What this? | “这个”指什么 |
[19:35] | This. | 这个 |
[19:38] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[19:40] | I don’t know how Harvey handled these quarterly reviews, | 我不知道哈维是如何处理这些季度报告的 |
[19:42] | – but I– – Oh, Harvey… | -但是我… -哈维… |
[19:44] | was magnificent. | 他真是太棒了 |
[19:46] | Truth be told, I was a little disappointed | 老实说 当我听说将由你来代替他 |
[19:48] | when I heard that you’d be handling this | 处理这件事时 |
[19:50] | instead of him, | 我有点失望 |
[19:50] | but I haven’t seen your cha-cha yet, | 但我还没看过你跳恰恰舞呢 |
[19:53] | so the jury’s still out. | 所以尚未有定论 |
[19:53] | Jury有陪审团之意 此句直译为”陪审团还没回来” | |
[19:55] | That was a lawyer joke. | 这是个律师笑话 |
[19:55] | Yep. Got it. | 是的 我听明白了 |
[19:57] | Yep. | 没错 |
[19:57] | Listen, Joan, | 听着 琼 |
[20:00] | I think you’re gonna be really glad | 我觉得你真的会很高兴 |
[20:01] | that it was me here tonight, | 今晚在这里的是我 |
[20:03] | because I already sent a letter to your board. | 因为我已经送了封信给你的董事会了 |
[20:05] | – And I– – You did what? | -然后我… -你干了什么 |
[20:06] | I notified them of this. | 我通知了他们这件事 |
[20:08] | That’s — | 那就是… |
[20:09] | what I’m trying to tell you. | 我一直试图告诉你的事 |
[20:16] | Why the hell would you do something so patently stupid? | 你为什么要做这种显而易见的蠢事 |
[20:19] | Stupid? | 蠢 |
[20:20] | Hey, I didn’t become name partner being stupid. | 我可不是靠卖蠢当上冠名合伙人的 |
[20:23] | Didn’t you? | 不是吗 |
[20:23] | Two members of my board | 董事会中的两名成员 |
[20:25] | are about to reach their term limits. | 马上就要到任期年限了 |
[20:26] | At least one is being circled by Glamour Cosmetics. | 其中至少有一人已被魅力美妆公司选定了 |
[20:29] | You have just notified that person of a product | 你刚刚把一个我研发了数年的产品 |
[20:31] | that I’ve had in R & D for years, | 告诉了那个人 |
[20:33] | and now they can trade information for a seat | 如今他们能拿这个到我最大的竞争对手那 |
[20:36] | on the board of my biggest competitor. | 里去换取董事会席位了 |
[20:39] | Joan, I didn’t know– | 琼 我不知道… |
[20:40] | Tell me, Mr. Litt, | 告诉我 利特先生 |
[20:42] | did you actually graduate from law school, | 你真的是从法学院毕业的吗 |
[20:45] | or did you just buy your way onto the letterhead? | 还是花钱买的文凭 |
[21:09] | Yeah, you better put that bag down, | 你最好把包放下 |
[21:10] | because we’re staying all night. | 因为我们整晚都要待在这里了 |
[21:14] | Didn’t go well with Joan, did it? | 琼的事情进行的不顺利 是吧 |
[21:15] | No, it didn’t, because you sandbagged me. | 是不顺利 因为你拖了我后腿 |
[21:17] | I didn’t sandbag you. | 我没有拖你后腿 |
[21:18] | Well, then what do you call not telling me | 那你怎么称呼”没告诉我 |
[21:19] | that Glamour was circling her board members? | 魅力美妆在挖她董事会成员”这件事 |
[21:21] | I tried to tell you, | 我试着告诉你来着 |
[21:22] | but you couldn’t hear me through all of your rage. | 但是你在狂怒之下什么也听不进去 |
[21:24] | What I’m not hearing | 我现在没听见的 |
[21:25] | is the sound of you putting your bag down, | 是你把包包放下的声音 |
[21:27] | because the board members are meeting tomorrow afternoon, | 因为明天下午董事会成员就要开会了 |
[21:29] | and I only have until then to fix this. | 而我必须在那之前补救这件事 |
[21:31] | And you want me to help you? | 你是想要我帮你吗 |
[21:32] | You’re the associate on this case, aren’t you? | 你是这个案子的律师 不是吗 |
[21:34] | – So now I’m an associate? – Hey, you know what? | -现在我又成律师了 -你猜怎么着 |
[21:36] | Now is not the time to get into it. | 现在不是讨论这个的好时候 |
[21:37] | No, now is exactly the time to get into it, | 不 现在恰恰是讨论这个的好时候 |
[21:38] | because you have taken every opportunity possible | 因为你抓住每一个机会 |
[21:42] | to make me feel like I am nothing, | 让我觉得自己一无是处 |
[21:43] | and now, even though you want something, | 而如今 就算你有求于我 |
[21:45] | you’re still treating me like I’m nothing. | 你还是不把我当回事 |
[21:47] | I’m treating you like every other associate. | 我对你和对其他每一个律师没什么不同 |
[21:49] | That is bullshit, and you know what? | 那是胡话 你猜怎么着 |
[21:50] | Even if it were true, | 就算真是这样 |
[21:51] | you didn’t used to treat me that way. | 你以前不是这样对我的 |
[21:54] | I didn’t used to know you lied to me on a daily basis. | 那是因为我以前不知道你每天都在欺骗我 |
[21:58] | Louis, it would serve you right | 路易 假如我拿上包走人 |
[22:01] | if I take my bag and leave you here | 回家到我爱的人身边 留你一人在这里 |
[22:04] | and go home to the man that I love. | 也是你活该 |
[22:06] | So you’re not gonna help. | 所以你是不打算帮忙了 |
[22:07] | No, I’m gonna help you, | 不 我会帮你的 |
[22:09] | but not because you deserve it. | 但不是因为你理应得到我的帮助 |
[22:11] | I’ll do it because I am an associate, | 我会帮你 是因为我是一名律师 |
[22:13] | and I am a professional, | 而且我是专业的 |
[22:14] | which means I am capable | 这意味着为了做好我的工作 |
[22:17] | of putting the personal aside in order to do my job. | 我能够将私人情感放在一边 |
[22:25] | And one of those, please. | 麻烦再要一个那个 |
[22:26] | Just what I was in the mood for. | 我正好想要来一个 |
[22:28] | Ah, you’re getting a bagel. | 你要买百吉饼 |
[22:29] | That means you kicked ass. | 那就是说你成功了 |
[22:30] | Which I did. | 的确如此 |
[22:32] | You called up the TSA, | 你是打了电话给运管局 |
[22:33] | busted up their national security defense? | 攻破了他们国家安全级别的防线吗 |
[22:35] | No, I used their defense. | 不 我利用了他们的防线 |
[22:37] | Gerard’s gonna testify under seal | 吉拉德会在保密的情况下作证 |
[22:38] | because it’s a matter of national security. | 因为这事关国家安全 |
[22:40] | And the Judge bought that? | 法官会信吗 |
[22:42] | What’s not to buy? | 当然会信了 |
[22:42] | The TSA made the argument for us. | 运管局为我们铺好了路 |
[22:44] | And what did Brady say? | 布雷迪怎么说 |
[22:46] | That’s the best part about it. | 这是最精彩的部分 |
[22:47] | He doesn’t even know it. | 他完全不知情 |
[22:50] | It’s a matter of national security. | 因为事关国家安全 |
[22:52] | We testify under seal, | 我们在保密情况下作证 |
[22:53] | the Judge realizes that Gerard is a degenerate gambler… | 法官意识到吉拉德是个堕落的赌徒 |
[22:55] | But a fair mediator. | 但也是个公正的调解员 |
[22:57] | The case gets dismissed, and Garrett Brady | 这个案子被驳回 加勒特·布雷迪 |
[22:58] | and Harvard Law never know it happened. | 和哈佛法学院根本不会知道这件事 |
[23:00] | You thought of all of that on your own? | 这都是你想出来的 |
[23:02] | You think you’re the only one who can come up | 你以为只有你能想出一个 |
[23:04] | with an intelligent solution? | 聪明的解决办法吗 |
[23:05] | You are 1 for 400 | 我们共事这么久 |
[23:07] | in the time we’ve worked together. | 四百个案子里你也就能想出一个 |
[23:08] | Okay, smart guy, since I did your job for you, | 好了 聪明人 既然我替你干了你的活 |
[23:11] | you’re gonna do my job for me. | 你就得帮我做我的 |
[23:12] | You want me to prep Gerard | 你想让我帮吉拉德做取证预演 |
[23:13] | because you don’t want to sit in a room | 因为你不想跟他共处一室 |
[23:14] | and listen to him talk for two hours. | 听他唠叨两个小时 |
[23:16] | I didn’t want to 15 years ago, | 十五年前我就我不想 |
[23:18] | and I don’t want to now. | 现在更不想 |
[23:19] | We only get one shot at this, | 我们只有一次机会 |
[23:21] | and his testimony better be rock solid. | 他的证词一定要无懈可击 |
[23:23] | Thanks. | 谢了 |
[23:24] | Oh, yeah, sure, help yourself! | 拿走吧 别客气 |
[23:28] | Dick. | 混蛋 |
[23:36] | I see you haven’t slept. | 你一宿没睡啊 |
[23:38] | I have a lot of work that needs attending to. | 我要处理的事太多了 |
[23:39] | I bet you do, considering the phone call | 我猜也是 鉴于今天早上 |
[23:41] | I got from Joan Walsh this morning. | 我接到了琼·沃尔什的电话 |
[23:43] | She called you? | 她给你打电话了 |
[23:44] | She wanted to know what the other name partners | 她想知道某位冠名合伙人浑水摸鱼的事 |
[23:46] | were going to do about the one that screwed the pooch. | 另一位冠名合伙人要怎么处理 |
[23:49] | Oh, come on, that is not fair. | 得了吧 这不公平 |
[23:50] | I didn’t have all the information– | 我没拿到所有的信息… |
[23:51] | You had enough information | 你倒是有足够的信息 |
[23:53] | to make a deal to get her from Harvey, | 跟她谈条件 把她从哈维手里抢过来 |
[23:54] | and part of that deal was you backing me with Jeff. | 条件当中还包括瞒着我和杰夫 |
[23:56] | Oh, so that’s why you’re here. | 你是因为这个才来的 |
[23:57] | You don’t trust I’m still gonna do it? | 你不相信我能搞定 |
[23:59] | Because you haven’t done it yet, | 因为你到现在都没搞定 |
[24:00] | and you have a history of making poor decisions | 而且你不止一次在事情不按设想发展时 |
[24:02] | when things aren’t going your way. | 做出错误决定了 |
[24:04] | The only poor decision I’ve made | 我唯一的错误决定 |
[24:05] | is agreeing to cover for you in the first place. | 就是同意帮你隐瞒真相 |
[24:06] | You didn’t think that was such a bad idea | 你用这件事当把柄为自己谋利的时候 |
[24:07] | when you were using it to get what you wanted. | 也没觉得有什么不好啊 |
[24:09] | And now you’re threatening to take that thing away. | 现在你在威胁要夺走我的成果吗 |
[24:11] | Louis, you want to keep Joan, | 路易 你想留住琼 |
[24:13] | that’s on you, | 那是你的事 |
[24:14] | but I held up my end of the bargain. | 但我好好履行了我们的交易 |
[24:16] | You better hold up yours. | 你最好别玩砸了 |
[24:23] | I just want to go over it one more time, Professor. | 我只是想在回顾一遍 教授 |
[24:26] | How much money was in that pot? | 赌注有多少钱 |
[24:27] | I’m tried of going over it. | 我已经回顾烦了 |
[24:30] | Why do we have to keep replaying | 为什么我们非得一遍又一遍地 |
[24:32] | every moment of this game? | 从头回想呢 |
[24:33] | Because your entire case depends on it. | 因为它是整个案子的关键 |
[24:35] | My case depends on the fact that I won that money gambling, | 我的案子取决于那些钱是我赌博赢的 |
[24:39] | not whether I won it with a flush. | 我是不是用同花赢得很重要吗 |
[24:41] | Your case depends on the judge believing you, | 案子想获胜的关键是法官相信你的话 |
[24:42] | and if he finds any holes in your testimony, then we– | 如果他在你的证词里找出任何漏洞 那我们 |
[24:44] | I gave you the names of everyone I knew at that game. | 我把赌桌上所有人的名字告诉你 |
[24:47] | But none of those men were there when you won that money. | 但你赢得那些钱的时候他们都不在 |
[24:49] | I can’t help it if I didn’t get the name of the guy I beat. | 我不知道手下败将的名字 我也没办法 |
[24:52] | Which is why your story needs to be rock solid. | 所以你的故事必须无懈可击 |
[24:59] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[25:00] | Go ahead. | 继续吧 |
[25:02] | So I ask you again, Professor, | 所以我再问你一遍 教授 |
[25:04] | how much money was in the final pot? | 最终局的赌注有多少钱 |
[25:05] | Roughly $12,000. | 大约一万二 |
[25:07] | And you won that hand. | 然后你赢了 |
[25:09] | As I said before, I won, | 就像我说过的 我赢了 |
[25:10] | and then I cashed out. | 然后我将筹码兑现 |
[25:11] | And what did you have again? | 你的牌是什么来着 |
[25:12] | A queen-high flush. | Q同花 |
[25:14] | And who did you beat? | 输家是谁 |
[25:15] | I told you, I didn’t get his name. | 我说过了 我不知道他的名字 |
[25:16] | Okay, so what did he have? | 那他的牌是什么 |
[25:18] | Two pair, queens over sixes. | Q和6的双对 |
[25:24] | Wait a second. | 等一下 |
[25:25] | You said before that the man next to you | 你之前说你旁边的人 |
[25:27] | folded with two queens up, | 手里有两个Q |
[25:29] | and now this guy has two queens, | 现在这人手里又有两个Q |
[25:30] | and you had a queen-high flush? | 你还是个Q同花 |
[25:31] | I said that the man next to me | 我之前说我旁边的人 |
[25:34] | folded with two kings. | 手里是两张K |
[25:35] | No, you didn’t. | 不 你不是这么说的 |
[25:36] | You heard me wrong. | 你听错了 |
[25:37] | No, I didn’t. | 我没听错 |
[25:39] | Is this part of prepping me, | 这到底是在取证预演 |
[25:40] | or are you accusing me of something? | 还是你在指控我 |
[25:42] | I’m trying to get your story to line up. | 我在帮你把故事捋顺 |
[25:43] | – My story does line up. – Not to me, it doesn’t. | -我的故事没问题 -我觉得有问题 |
[25:45] | Look, young man, if you’re gonna sit over there | 年轻人 如果你坐在这 |
[25:47] | and call me a liar– | 说我是骗子 |
[25:48] | I’m not calling you a liar, | 我没说你是骗子 |
[25:49] | but if you say tomorrow what you said today, | 但如果你明天照今天这么说 |
[25:51] | we’re gonna be in a lot of trouble, | 我们的麻烦就大了 |
[25:52] | because where I come from, | 因为据我所知 |
[25:53] | there are only four queens in a deck. | 一副扑克只有四张Q |
[25:55] | I said two kings, | 我说的是两张K |
[25:58] | and I’m gonna say that again tomorrow. | 我明天也会这么说 |
[26:00] | So you do your job, | 做好你的工作 |
[26:03] | and I’m gonna do mine. | 我也会做好我的 |
[26:11] | He’s lying. | 他在撒谎 |
[26:12] | What are you talking about? | 你在说什么 |
[26:13] | Gerard’s story about winning all that money | 吉拉德那个打扑克赢钱的故事 |
[26:15] | playing poker is bullshit. | 纯属一派胡言 |
[26:16] | All right, slow down. What the hell happened? | 好吧 慢点说 到底发生了什么 |
[26:18] | I did the math, and the hands don’t add up. | 我算过了 玩家手里的牌对不上 |
[26:19] | What do you mean you did the math? | 什么叫你算过了 |
[26:20] | I mean first he said that he drew a queen on fourth street, | 他先是说第四张牌抓到的是Q |
[26:23] | and then when I pressed him about it, he– | 之后我跟他确认的时候… |
[26:24] | Wait a second. | 等一下 |
[26:25] | This conclusion is based on him recalling hands | 你这结论是根据他在盘问时 |
[26:27] | under cross-examination? | 他回忆的牌得出的 |
[26:29] | Harvey, I got kicked out | 哈维 我在大西洋城 |
[26:30] | of Atlantic City for counting cards. | 因为算牌被赶出去过 |
[26:31] | I know this shit. | 我了解这种把戏 |
[26:32] | It doesn’t mean he’s lying. | 那也不能说明他撒谎了 |
[26:33] | I got a little experience with that too, | 我对这种情况也有点经验 |
[26:34] | and I’m telling you, he was. | 我告诉你 他撒谎了 |
[26:36] | – Or maybe he’s tired. – Or maybe I’m right. | -或许他只是累了 -或者我猜对了 |
[26:38] | Or maybe you don’t know what the hell you’re talking about. | 或者你根本不知道你在说什么 |
[26:39] | Why are you defending him? | 为什么你总是为他辩护 |
[26:41] | Because you asked me to. | 是你叫我辩护的 |
[26:47] | Look, Harvey, | 哈维 |
[26:50] | I’m not saying that he took a bribe. | 我没说他受贿了 |
[26:51] | I’m just saying that he didn’t get that money playing poker. | 我只想说他那笔钱不是玩牌得来的 |
[26:55] | Well, unless he admitted that, he’s testifying tomorrow. | 除非他承认了 否则明天还得出庭作证 |
[27:00] | Since when do you stick your head in the sand? | 你从什么时候开始成了鸵鸟 |
[27:04] | – Did he admit it? – No, he didn’t. | -他承认了吗 -没有 |
[27:06] | But he screwed up the details, and he shouldn’t have, | 但他什么细节都对不上 这不应该 |
[27:08] | because people who are telling the truth get it right. | 如果说的是真话 可不会这样 |
[27:11] | And you know it. | 你心里也清楚 |
[27:29] | What’s that? | 那是什么 |
[27:30] | Jacks full of fours. | 对J三张四 满堂彩 |
[27:32] | I can see that, but why– | 我知道 但为什么… |
[27:33] | Why is it staring you in the face? | 为什么把它们摆在你面前吗 |
[27:35] | It’s what I threw down the last time I won a huge hand. | 我上回就靠这一手赚了一大笔 |
[27:38] | It was six weeks ago, and I can remember every hand | 那是六个礼拜前 我还能记得 |
[27:42] | that every player at that table had. | 那张桌上每一个玩家的每一手牌 |
[27:44] | Now, if you won money the other night, | 如果你那天晚上赢钱了 |
[27:46] | you’d remember it too. | 你也会记得的 |
[27:47] | I do remember, | 我记得啊 |
[27:48] | and as I explained to your associate– | 就像我跟你的律师说的… |
[27:50] | Yeah, stop bullshitting me. | 够了 别糊弄我了 |
[27:53] | Where the hell did that money really come from? | 那笔钱究竟是从哪里来的 |
[27:54] | ‘Cause if you don’t tell me the truth, | 如果你不说真话 |
[27:55] | I’m canceling that hearing right now. | 我就取消明天的听证会 |
[28:00] | It came… | 钱是从… |
[28:02] | from a student of mine. | 我一个学生那儿来的 |
[28:04] | For what? | 做什么用 |
[28:06] | In exchange for changing his grade. | 让我帮他改成绩 |
[28:08] | Jesus Christ. For $25,000? | 我的天 要两万五 |
[28:11] | He was going to fail my class, | 他本会挂了我这门课 |
[28:12] | and that would’ve stopped him from getting an offer from– | 这会影响一些公司录取他… |
[28:14] | You goddamn hypocrite. | 你这个伪君子 |
[28:16] | You preach about ethics, and you do this? | 你满嘴道德伦理却做出这种事 |
[28:18] | This is about ethics. | 这是道德伦理的事 |
[28:20] | And you don’t have any idea why I did it. | 你根本不知道我为何如此 |
[28:22] | I don’t care why you did it. | 我才不在意你的动机 |
[28:24] | I care about what you’re making me do, | 我只关心你让我做了什么 |
[28:26] | because I am not suborning perjury. | 我是不会去做伪证的 |
[28:28] | Well, you tell me that you’ve never done anything worse. | 你敢说没做过比这更过分的事吗 |
[28:32] | I knew it. | 我就知道 |
[28:35] | You would do it for someone else… | 如果是其他人你就帮了这个忙 |
[28:37] | but not for me. | 但就是不会帮我 |
[28:40] | You know what, Professor? | 你知道吗 教授 |
[28:41] | There’s a small part of me that actually thought | 其实我内心还是有一点点指望 |
[28:43] | that you came to me because you thought I’m the best, | 你觉得我是最好的律师才来找我 |
[28:45] | but you just think I’ll do whatever it takes to win. | 但你竟然以为我会为了赢不择手段 |
[28:48] | Isn’t that what makes you the best? | 不就是这样你才是最厉害的律师吗 |
[28:51] | Get someone else to do your dirty work, | 找其他人替你做这些卑鄙勾当 |
[28:53] | because I’m not suborning perjury. | 我是不会替你做伪证的 |
[29:11] | What are you doing? | 你在做什么 |
[29:13] | Getting my blood flowing. | 促进我的血液流通 |
[29:14] | I’ve been sitting here all night, | 我在这里坐了一晚 |
[29:16] | and restless leg syndrome kills 14 people every hour. | 每小时有14个人死于下肢不宁综合症 |
[29:19] | I don’t think that’s accurate. | 我觉得这数字不太准确 |
[29:20] | I don’t care what you think. What do you have? | 我不管你怎么觉得 有进展吗 |
[29:21] | I found a way to fix things with Joan. | 我找到能够挽回琼的方法了 |
[29:29] | Okay, you’re arguing anything in R & D | 好吧 你想说研发部门的东西 |
[29:31] | is the intellectual property | 是自主知识产权 |
[29:32] | of the person who suggested the product? | 产权属于产品的提出者 |
[29:33] | Until such time that the results become public. | 直到研发结果公布于众 |
[29:35] | Which they did the second I sent the board that letter. | 我向董事会递信那一刻就公开了 |
[29:37] | Except board members are subject | 但董事会成员受 |
[29:38] | to the nondisclosure agreement. | 保密协定约束 |
[29:39] | Well, the board members haven’t signed | 他们并没有签署 |
[29:40] | a nondisclosure agreement. | 保密协定啊 |
[29:41] | Yet. | 是还没 |
[29:44] | What’s to stop them from refusing? | 万一他们不愿意签怎么办 |
[29:45] | Nothing, but if they do, | 不怎么办 如果他们不签字 |
[29:46] | then the noncompete kicks in. | 非竞争条款就派上用场了 |
[29:47] | Preventing them from revealing the contents of my letter | 以诉讼为威胁 |
[29:49] | under threat of prosecution. | 防止公布那封信的内容 |
[29:51] | Specifically corporate espionage. | 特别是针对商业间谍诉讼 |
[29:53] | Oh, my God. You got this idea from– | 我的天 你这个点子是从… |
[29:55] | – Our bylaws. – My bylaws. | -我们的章程里来的 -我写的章程 |
[29:56] | Rachel, holy shit, this is… | 瑞秋 我的天 这真是… |
[29:59] | acceptable. | 可以接受的方法 |
[30:02] | I think the word you’re looking for is “Awesome.” | 我觉得你想说的那个词是”了不起” |
[30:05] | Well, the word I’m saying is, “Get out, | 我想说的是”出去 |
[30:07] | because I have a meeting to prepare for.” | 因为我有个会要准备” |
[30:08] | You know what, Louis? I have been working all night. | 你知道吗 路易 我为此工作了整晚 |
[30:11] | And this gets your ass out of a major sling, | 这解救你于水火 |
[30:13] | so instead of dismissing me, | 所以与其赶我走 |
[30:14] | you should be asking me to come with you. | 你该让我跟你一起去 |
[30:16] | Excuse me, Miss Professional. | 抱歉 专业小姐 |
[30:17] | You wanted me to treat you like every other associate. | 你不是希望我对律师一视同仁吗 |
[30:19] | – Now I am. – By acting as if I did nothing? | -现在就是 -像我什么都没做一样对我 |
[30:21] | No, by acknowledging you did acceptable work. | 不 认可你做的工作就是一视同仁 |
[30:23] | Letting you come with me is something | 让你和我一起去这种事 |
[30:24] | that I would only do for you if we were friends, | 是我把你当朋友才可能发生的 |
[30:26] | which we are not. | 但我们不是朋友 |
[30:39] | You canceled the hearing. | 你取消了听证会 |
[30:42] | You were right. | 你说得对 |
[30:43] | He was lying. | 他撒谎了 |
[30:46] | I’m sorry. | 真遗憾 |
[30:49] | You know, I knew he was a hypocrite | 在我发现赌博的真相后 |
[30:50] | after I found out about the gambling. | 已经知道他是个伪君子 |
[30:52] | I never thought he’d sell out Harvard. | 可我从来没想过他会出卖哈佛 |
[30:57] | What are you talking about? | 你说什么 |
[30:58] | He did take the bribe, | 他确实受了贿 |
[30:59] | but it had nothing to do with the accident victims. | 但与意外的受害者无关 |
[31:02] | He did it to change someone’s grade. | 他受贿帮一个学生改成绩 |
[31:06] | Why would he do that? | 他为什么要这么做 |
[31:07] | What difference does it make? | 这动机还重要吗 |
[31:08] | Either way, he was gonna let me suborn perjury. | 无论如何 他都曾要我替他做伪证 |
[31:10] | It makes a difference because we still have to win this case. | 如果我们要赢这案子 动机当然重要 |
[31:13] | Oh, I don’t give a shit about winning this case. | 我才不在乎这个案子能不能赢 |
[31:17] | I’ve never heard you say anything like that before. | 我从来没听你这么说过 |
[31:20] | You–you care about winning every case, | 每一个案子 每一场比赛 |
[31:23] | every game, every argument. | 每一次辩论你都想赢 |
[31:24] | Did you hear me? | 你听见我说的了吗 |
[31:25] | He was gonna let me suborn perjury. | 他要让我去做伪证 |
[31:26] | And so would every client you have | 如果能就此逃过一劫 |
[31:28] | if they thought they’d get away with it. | 你所有客户都会要求你这么做啊 |
[31:30] | He’s not every client. | 他不是其他的客户 |
[31:31] | No, he’s the one you hated in the first place. | 他是你之前就很讨厌的人 |
[31:32] | – I didn’t hate him. – Harvey, what is going on here? | -我没有讨厌他 -哈维 到底怎么了 |
[31:34] | I thought he was better than us. | 我以为和我们比 他是个好人 |
[31:38] | I sat in that class and listened to him talk | 我坐在教室里听他讲课 |
[31:40] | about what kind of lawyers we should be, | 讲我们以后应该成为什么样的律师 |
[31:43] | and I always let him down because I knew | 而我总是让他失望 因为我知道 |
[31:46] | that wasn’t the kind of lawyer that wins. | 他说的那种律师赢不了官司 |
[31:49] | And I wanted to win. | 但是我想要胜利 |
[31:51] | So I’d argue with him, | 所以我跟他争论 |
[31:53] | and he’d look down on me. | 所以他鄙视我 |
[31:57] | And now instead of you letting him down, | 但现在不是你让他失望 |
[32:01] | he let you down. | 是他让你失望了 |
[32:02] | He turned out to be no better than any of us. | 最后证明他并没有比我们好到哪里去 |
[32:12] | So then let’s make him better than us. | 那我们就把他变得比我们好 |
[32:26] | Miss Walsh. | 沃尔什小姐 |
[32:27] | You are not on my schedule today. | 我今天没预约见你 |
[32:29] | Ah, ah, Miss Walsh, please take a look at this. | 沃尔什小姐 请看下这个 |
[32:32] | What is it? | 这是什么 |
[32:32] | It’s a chance to make things right. | 弥补错误的机会 |
[32:37] | You cannot call board members employees | 你不能因为董事会成员可以开报销单 |
[32:39] | based on them having access to an expense account. | 就把他们当普通雇员 |
[32:42] | Not just an expense account. | 不只是报销单 |
[32:44] | They have corporate cards and standing offices, | 他们还有公司信用卡和常设办公室 |
[32:46] | which, as defined by section 14.2 | 这些都在国内税收法规的 |
[32:48] | of the Internal Revenue Code, | 第14.2栏里注明了的 |
[32:50] | makes them employees. | 他们就是一般雇员 |
[32:52] | Well, Mr. Litt, | 利特先生 |
[32:53] | seems I won’t be demanding a new point person after all. | 看来我不需要再指定其他律师了 |
[32:57] | I’m glad to hear that. | 很高兴听您这么说 |
[32:59] | Are you? | 真的吗 |
[32:59] | Of course I am. | 当然 |
[33:01] | You’re my first client as name partner. | 你是我成为冠名合伙人后的第一位委托人 |
[33:02] | You’re very important to me. | 您对我来说非常重要 |
[33:05] | Well, I suppose we’ll find out the truth | 再有人成为新冠名合伙人的时候 |
[33:07] | when someone else makes name partner. | 我再看你是不是真的这么想了 |
[33:09] | What are you talking about? | 你在说什么啊 |
[33:10] | I’m not an idiot. | 我不傻 |
[33:11] | I know that no one in your firm wants to deal with me. | 我知道我在你们律所是个烫手山芋 |
[33:14] | That’s not true. | 不是这样 |
[33:15] | In fact, I fought for you. | 事实上 你是我争取来的 |
[33:16] | You may have thought you were fighting for me, | 你可能以为你是费力争取的 |
[33:17] | but I know that Jessica dumped me on Harvey, | 但我知道我是杰西卡扔给哈维的 |
[33:20] | and it seems that the second you made name partner, | 看起来你一成为冠名合伙人 |
[33:22] | Harvey did the same thing to you. | 哈维就把我扔给了你 |
[33:27] | Oh, you didn’t know that, did you? | 哦 你不知道啊 |
[33:29] | Then maybe we were meant for each other, | 那看来我们是挺有缘的 |
[33:32] | since we’re both left out of the club. | 因为我们都是被抛弃的那个 |
[33:43] | You betrayed me. | 你背叛了我 |
[33:44] | You make this big speech about repairing our friendship, | 你高谈阔论地说要修复友谊 |
[33:46] | and all it was more words. | 结果只是说说而已 |
[33:47] | What are you talking about? | 你在说什么啊 |
[33:48] | You convinced me to take Joan, | 你说服了我去接下琼的单子 |
[33:50] | while conveniently leaving out the fact | 然后顺便隐瞒了你其实 |
[33:52] | you’re doing Harvey a favor. | 是在帮哈维的事实 |
[33:54] | That’s not why I did it, Louis. | 路易 那不是我劝你原因 |
[33:56] | Well, just tell me right now, can he stand her? | 好 那你现在告诉我 哈维受得了琼吗 |
[33:58] | No, but he was gonna keep her | 受不了 但他是打算留着这个单子的 |
[34:00] | because you– | 因为你… |
[34:00] | Hurt his precious feelings. I know. | 伤害了他宝贵的感情 我知道 |
[34:02] | I felt so awful about that. | 我觉得很抱歉 |
[34:03] | You know what, Louis? You should. | 知道吗 路易 你是该抱歉的 |
[34:04] | And while you’re at it, you should feel pretty awful | 并且 你也该为你现在对我犯浑 |
[34:06] | about being a dick to me right now. | 感到抱歉 |
[34:07] | You lied to me again. | 可是你又骗了我 |
[34:08] | No, Louis. I fought for you…again. | 我没有 路易 我是又为你争取了一次 |
[34:11] | No. | 你没有 |
[34:12] | You made Joan sound important. | 你把琼说得很重要 |
[34:13] | “The first client that Jessica gave Harvey | “哈维成为冠名合伙人的时候 |
[34:15] | when he made name partner.” | “杰西卡给他的第一位客户” |
[34:16] | She is important, Louis, but you can’t see that | 她的确很重要 路易 但是你看不到 |
[34:18] | because you didn’t want a client. | 因为你想要的不是客户 |
[34:19] | You just wanted to take something away from Harvey. | 而是从哈维那里夺走些什么 |
[34:21] | What I want is respect. | 我要的是尊重 |
[34:22] | Then get out of your own way | 那就别再一意孤行了 |
[34:23] | and get on the goddamn team. | 加入我们 跟我们合作 |
[34:27] | You mean the team that kept Mike’s secret from me? | 你是说那个瞒着我迈克秘密的小团体吗 |
[34:29] | No, Louis! | 不 路易 |
[34:30] | I mean the team that protected its own, | 我是指那个会保护成员的团队 |
[34:32] | because that’s what teams do. | 因为团队就应该这样 |
[34:36] | And, you know, I shouldn’t even be telling you this | 而且 我本不应该告诉你 |
[34:37] | because she wasn’t going to, | 因为她没打算告诉你 |
[34:39] | but if you need a little bit more evidence | 但是如果你需要更多的证据 |
[34:40] | of what we do for each other, | 来看我们会为队友做什么 |
[34:41] | then take a look at Rachel, | 那就看看瑞秋 |
[34:42] | because she got Katrina a job. | 因为她给卡特里娜找了份工作 |
[34:44] | – What? – That’s right. | -什么 -正是 |
[34:45] | Your former associate, | 你之前的律师 |
[34:47] | and you’ve been treating Rachel like shit. | 但是你却对瑞秋肆意践踏 |
[34:49] | So, if you’re done yelling at me, | 所以 如果你吼够我了 |
[34:51] | then I suggest you go fix one of the thousand things | 我建议你在最近搞砸的那么多事里挑一个 |
[34:53] | that you have screwed up lately, | 好好弥补一下 |
[34:54] | because the rest of us, we are done fighting for you. | 因为我们已经不想再为你争取什么了 |
[35:12] | Mr. Ross. | 罗斯先生 |
[35:14] | Ah, you must be Ian. | 你肯定是伊安了 |
[35:15] | And, please, don’t call me Mr. Ross. | 千万别叫我罗斯先生 |
[35:17] | – Mike is fine. – Ah, sure. | -叫迈克就好 -没问题 |
[35:18] | Hey, thanks for your call, Mike. | 多谢来电 迈克 |
[35:20] | Pearson Specter is a great firm. | 皮尔逊-斯佩克特是家很棒的律所 |
[35:21] | Ah, well, you’re a great candidate. | 你也是个很棒的候选者 |
[35:23] | I’m a little curious why you’re still interviewing. | 我很好奇为什么你还在面试 |
[35:24] | I heard you had a solid offer at Skadden. | 我听说斯卡登确定要雇你了 |
[35:27] | I do, but Skadden Arps is no Pearson Specter. | 对 但斯卡登-阿布斯不是皮尔逊-斯佩克特 |
[35:30] | Are you sure it’s not because | 你确定不是因为 |
[35:31] | you’re worried they’ll find out that you failed | 你担心他们会发现你挂了 |
[35:33] | Professor Gerard’s legal ethics class? | 吉拉德教授的法律职业道德课 |
[35:35] | – What? – Oh, shit. | -什么 -我去 |
[35:37] | You don’t know. | 你不知道啊 |
[35:38] | He hasn’t changed your grade, | 他收了你的两万五千块 |
[35:40] | but he still has your $25,000. | 但没有给你改成绩 |
[35:44] | Who the hell are you? | 你到底是谁 |
[35:45] | I’m exactly who I said I was. | 我的确有跟你说的那个身份 |
[35:46] | The only thing I left out is that | 没有跟你说的身份是 |
[35:47] | Professor Gerard is my client. | 吉拉德教授是我的客户 |
[35:50] | Well, he can’t be in trouble for this. | 他不可能因为这事惹祸上身 |
[35:51] | I’d know. | 我很清楚 |
[35:52] | He’s not. | 不是这个 |
[35:53] | He’s being accused of accepting a bribe | 他被指控在执行联邦仲裁期间 |
[35:54] | while conducting a federal mediation | 收受贿赂 |
[35:56] | because of this. | 就因为这事 |
[35:57] | That’s not my problem. | 那不是我的问题 |
[35:59] | It’s your problem now, | 现在是你的问题了 |
[36:00] | which is why you’re gonna sign this. | 所以你得签了这个 |
[36:05] | What is that? | 那是什么 |
[36:06] | It’s a sworn affidavit | 是份誓言证词 |
[36:07] | stating the money that you paid Gerard is a loan. | 说明你给吉拉德的钱是借款 |
[36:12] | Well, what happens to my grade? | 那我的成绩怎么办 |
[36:14] | It stays the same because Henry Gerard | 保持原样 因为亨利·吉拉德 |
[36:16] | doesn’t take money to change grades. | 没有收钱改成绩 |
[36:18] | That’s bullshit. We had a deal. | 胡说八道 我们有协议 |
[36:19] | Yeah, well, consider this your first lesson in the real world. | 把这看作你在现实世界的第一课吧 |
[36:22] | Deals change. | 协议会有变 |
[36:23] | I don’t care what world it is. | 我不管什么世界 |
[36:26] | I’m not signing anything. | 反正我什么也不签 |
[36:28] | That’s too bad, | 那太糟了 |
[36:29] | because the truth will come out. | 因为那样 事实会被披露 |
[36:31] | And this way, you’re failing a class | 照我的办法 你只是挂门课 |
[36:33] | instead of getting thrown out of school | 而不会因贿赂教授 |
[36:35] | for bribing a professor. | 而被丢出学校 |
[36:37] | It’s up to you, Ian. | 全任你选了 伊安 |
[36:38] | You want an F, | 你想收下一个不及格成绩 |
[36:39] | or do you want to not have a legal career at all? | 还是彻底丢掉法律职业生涯 |
[36:49] | So I sign this, and the bribery allegations are gone? | 我签了这个 贿赂指控就没了吗 |
[36:52] | And no one ever knows a thing. | 也没人会知道 |
[36:55] | But I still have to pay Ian back the money. | 但我还得把钱还给伊安 |
[36:58] | That’s the way loans work. | 借款就是这样 |
[37:00] | You say that like I am a monster. | 你说话的语气好像我是怪物 |
[37:02] | I say it like it’s true. | 我的语气是说那是事实 |
[37:07] | You know… | 你知道吗… |
[37:09] | you never let me tell you what the money was for. | 你从没让我说明钱是做什么的 |
[37:12] | You didn’t listen to me when I told you I don’t care. | 你没听懂 我说过我不在乎 |
[37:15] | Who’s the monster now? | 那谁是怪物呢 |
[37:16] | I don’t care because you always said | 我不在乎是因为你总说 |
[37:18] | the circumstances don’t matter. | 背景情况并不重要 |
[37:21] | Well, do you care that after Mike grilled me, | 那你在乎迈克盘问我之后 |
[37:23] | I was so impressed with him | 我对他印象深刻 |
[37:24] | that I wonder why I’d forgotten him. | 好奇我为什么会忘记他吗 |
[37:27] | So I looked through my old records, | 于是我去看了旧档案 |
[37:29] | just to see how he did, | 想看看他成绩怎么样 |
[37:31] | but I couldn’t find any record of him | 但找不到任何关于他 |
[37:33] | ever being in my class. | 听我课的记录 |
[37:36] | Just like they’re not gonna find any record | 就像他们也不会找到任何 |
[37:38] | of you accepting a bribe from a student. | 关于你收学生贿赂的记录一样 |
[37:42] | You saying we’re even? | 你是说我们扯平了吗 |
[37:44] | I’m saying you got a two-for-one, | 我说你这回一箭双雕 |
[37:45] | because they’re also not gonna find any record | 因为他们也不会找到任何 |
[37:47] | of you gambling last year. | 你去年赌博的记录 |
[37:48] | That’s why you came to see me back then, isn’t it? | 所以你那次找我是为这个 对吗 |
[37:51] | You didn’t want anyone to find out about him. | 你不希望任何人发现他的情况 |
[37:53] | I’m not gonna tell you why I came | 我不会告诉你我去年找你 |
[37:55] | to see you last year, Henry, | 是为了什么 亨利 |
[37:57] | because the circumstances don’t matter. | 因为背景情况不重要 |
[38:01] | You really did pay attention in my class. | 你确实好好听我的课了 |
[38:05] | A lot more than you think. | 比你认为的认真多了 |
[38:08] | I’m sorry I let you down, Mr. Specter. | 很抱歉我让你失望了 斯佩克特先生 |
[38:15] | Professor… | 教授… |
[38:19] | don’t worry about paying back that loan. | 不用担心还钱的事 |
[38:21] | I got it. | 我来搞定 |
[39:04] | Louis… | 路易 |
[39:06] | what can I do for you? | 有什么需要我帮忙 |
[39:07] | The question isn’t what you can do for me, Jeff, | 问题不是我要你帮什么忙 杰夫 |
[39:09] | but it’s a matter of what you’re gonna do, | 而是你要怎么做 |
[39:10] | which is cut the bullshit right now. | 也就是告诉你不要胡说八道 |
[39:12] | – What? – You heard me. | -什么 -你听到了 |
[39:14] | I know Jessica told you about Hardman. | 我知道杰西卡告诉你哈德曼的事了 |
[39:15] | Yeah, she did tell me, | 是 她是告诉我了 |
[39:17] | and I have refrained from coming to see you | 我也出于礼貌 扼制了自己 |
[39:18] | about blackmailing her out of courtesy. | 没有因为你勒索她而去找你 |
[39:20] | Courtesy? | 礼貌 |
[39:21] | You haven’t so much as wished me a congratulations. | 你都没有祝福恭喜我 |
[39:24] | You want me to kiss the ring, Louis, | 你还想让我祝贺你上位[吻你戒指] 路易 |
[39:25] | after what you did? | 在你做了那些事情之后 |
[39:26] | You’re damn right I do, | 说得对 我做了 |
[39:28] | because I don’t care how it got up there. | 因为我不在乎上位的手段 |
[39:30] | My name is on that wall. | 我的名字现在在墙上 |
[39:32] | And if I had a crowbar handy… | 如果我现在有根撬棍 |
[39:36] | I would pry it off. | 就亲手把它撬下来 |
[39:38] | Well, Jeff, you don’t. | 杰夫 你没有撬棍 |
[39:39] | So the question you got to ask yourself is, | 所以你该问自己的问题是 |
[39:41] | “Do you want to stick with the team?” | “你想继续在团队里吗” |
[39:43] | Because my name is up there to stay | 因为我的名字就在墙上 |
[39:44] | whether you like it or not. | 无论你喜欢与否 |
[40:21] | Thanks for meeting me. | 多谢你来见我 |
[40:24] | What’s going on? | 怎么了 |
[40:26] | I wanted to thank you for making me take Gerard. | 我想谢谢你让我接了吉拉德的案子 |
[40:31] | What happened? | 出什么事了 |
[40:32] | What makes you think something happened? | 你为什么会觉得出事了 |
[40:33] | Because I know you, | 因为我了解你 |
[40:34] | and I know you don’t have moments of self-reflection, | 我知道你不会做自我反思 |
[40:36] | let alone have a drink with someone to tell them about it | 更不会跑出来跟人喝酒告诉他你反思了 |
[40:38] | unless something happened. | 除非出了事 |
[40:40] | You know what? Something did happen. | 是有事 |
[40:42] | I dealt with some shit, | 我处理了件烂事 |
[40:43] | and I’m trying to thank you for it | 我想为此谢谢你 |
[40:45] | because it turned out to be a good thing. | 因为烂事结果变成了好事 |
[40:48] | I think the word you’re looking for is “Closure.” | 我觉得你想说的词是”终结” |
[40:50] | That’s your word. | 那是你的词 |
[40:51] | The word I’m looking for is, | 我想说的是 |
[40:53] | “You’re welcome, Harvey. | “不客气 哈维 |
[40:54] | That’s nice of you to say.” | “很高兴听到你说这个” |
[40:56] | Thanks, Harvey. | 谢谢 哈维 |
[40:58] | Good. | 很好 |
[40:59] | Now listen to me. | 你听我说 |
[41:01] | For a minute there, I thought | 有那么一瞬间 我以为 |
[41:02] | you were gonna tell me that he knows. | 你要告诉我他知道了 |
[41:04] | What? | 知道什么 |
[41:05] | Maybe I’m crazy, | 也许是我偏执 |
[41:07] | but when I was prepping him, for a second, he looked at me, | 但我帮他准备证词时 有次他看着我 |
[41:10] | and I thought, | 而我在想 |
[41:12] | “He’s suspicious.” | “他怀疑我了” |
[41:14] | And then you called, | 之后你又打电话 |
[41:16] | and after everything that’s happened already, I– | 在发生这么多事之后 我… |
[41:21] | It’s fine, Mike. He doesn’t know. | 没事 迈克 他不知道 |