时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:02] | You got your name on the wall. | 你的名字挂在墙上了 |
[00:03] | Now I want the respect that comes with it. | 现在我想要与之匹配的尊重 |
[00:05] | Meaning? | 意思是 |
[00:06] | I want one of Harvey’s clients. | 我想要哈维的一个客户 |
[00:08] | My clients are my clients. | 我的客户就是我的客户 |
[00:09] | And you don’t get out of my office | 如果你不在三秒钟内 |
[00:10] | in the next three seconds, | 离开我的办公室 |
[00:12] | something’s gonna happen between you and me, | 你我之间一定有事发生 |
[00:13] | and I guarantee it won’t end with you | 而且我保证 此事一旦发生 |
[00:15] | keeping all of your teeth. | 你的牙肯定保不全 |
[00:17] | Avery McKernon was the first client | 艾弗里·麦肯诺曾经是 |
[00:19] | I ever brought into the firm. | 我带进律所的第一位客户 |
[00:20] | They win, like me. | 他们总是赢家 就像我 |
[00:22] | They know Trevor isn’t in the class, | 他们知道特雷弗不是那个班里的 |
[00:25] | so they know he couldn’t have been the one to steal the test. | 所以他不可能是偷试题的那个人 |
[00:28] | I’m not going to expel your friend. | 我不开除你的朋友 |
[00:29] | Oh, thank you, sir. | 非常感谢您 先生 |
[00:30] | There’s just one thing. | 但是有一点 |
[00:31] | I’m gonna call Harvard. | 我就打电话给哈佛 |
[00:32] | Believe me when I tell you, | 你听我说 |
[00:33] | You’re never going there. | 你是永远去不了哈佛了 |
[00:35] | Remember this? | 记得这个吗 |
[00:36] | No, you don’t, | 不 你不记得 |
[00:37] | because you can’t remember something you never knew. | 因为你不可能记得没见过的东西 |
[00:39] | You can’t fire me. | 你不能解雇我 |
[00:40] | Why would I fire you when I can break you? | 我为什么要解雇你 我可以击溃你 |
[00:42] | You see, I’m going to bury you under a mountain of shit so big | 我要把你埋在一大堆破烂底下 |
[00:47] | you’re going to be begging me to take it off. | 你会求我把它挪走 |
[00:56] | First of all, give me that Manhattan | 先那杯曼哈顿给我 |
[00:57] | and go get yourself a drink a man would order. | 再去点一杯男人会点的酒 |
[01:00] | Come back here in 15 minutes, | 15分钟后回来 |
[01:01] | and if I still remember who you are, I’ll be shocked. | 如果我还记得你是谁 我就 |
[01:06] | Okay, so why are we really here? | 好了 我们到底来这儿干什么 |
[01:09] | I mean, you didn’t just bring me | 你带我出来 |
[01:10] | out to talk about Khaleesi. | 不会只是为了聊卡丽熙吧 |
[01:11] | I did. Paul Porter says I look like her translator. | 就是啊 保罗·波特说我长得像她的侍女翻译 |
[01:14] | He’s a Throner? | 他也是冰火粉啊 |
[01:15] | Though he says I’m a less-attractive version of her translator. | 不过他说我不如她的小翻译性感 |
[01:18] | Okay, you’re just trying to get me to say | 好吧 你只是想让我说 |
[01:20] | that you’re hotter than her. | 你比她性感 |
[01:21] | – Am I? – You’re way hotter. | -我是不是嘛 -你性感多了 |
[01:23] | But she has that accent. | 但她口音很撩人 |
[01:25] | Fair point. | 我实事求是 |
[01:26] | You know, look, the reason that I brought you here | 好吧 我带你来这儿 |
[01:30] | is to tell you that I know that you told Louis | 是想告诉你 我知道你告诉路易 |
[01:33] | that I got Katrina a job. | 我给卡特里娜找了份工作 |
[01:36] | – Look, I — – Relax, I’m not mad at you. | -听我说 -别担心 我没生你气 |
[01:38] | But I do remember you being the person | 但我记得是你 |
[01:40] | who told me not to force things | 告诉我不要强求 |
[01:41] | – that weren’t meant to be. – Rachel, | -求不来的东西 -瑞秋 |
[01:43] | just because a person gives advice | 一个人给别人建议 |
[01:45] | doesn’t mean that they have to follow that same advice. | 不代表自己一定会遵守 |
[01:47] | That’s one of the core principles outlined in “The Book of Donna.” | 这是《唐娜之书》的核心原则之一 |
[01:51] | Seriously, though, I didn’t mean to tell Louis. | 说真的 我也不是有意告诉路易的 |
[01:53] | It just came out. I’m sorry. | 就是脱口而出了 抱歉 |
[01:54] | Like I said, it’s fine. | 我说了 没事 |
[01:56] | He actually ended up asking if we could be friends again. | 他其实还来问我们能不能重新做朋友 |
[01:59] | And? | 然后呢 |
[02:00] | And I told him that things would never be the same between us | 我跟他说 我们之间不可能和好如初 |
[02:03] | unless he forgave Mike. | 除非他原谅迈克 |
[02:05] | And what did he say? | 他怎么说 |
[02:07] | He said he couldn’t do it. | 他说他做不到 |
[02:09] | That’s easy. The jumper over Ehlo. | 简单 过埃卢跳投 |
[02:11] | Wrong, the switch-hand layup over Perkins and Green. | 错 换手单手上篮 过珀金斯和格林 |
[02:15] | I’m surprised at you, Harvey. | 你真让我吃惊啊 哈维 |
[02:17] | The Ehlo jumper was a game-winner. | 过埃卢跳投足以拿下比赛 |
[02:18] | The layup was a statement. | 单手上篮是种挑衅 |
[02:20] | “I can do whatever I want. I own this league.” | “我想干什么都行 这比赛我赢定了” |
[02:22] | Are you talking about Jordan or yourself now? | 你是在说乔丹还是你自己 |
[02:25] | Is there a difference? | 有区别吗 |
[02:27] | A big difference, | 区别大了 |
[02:29] | which brings me to why I’m here. | 这就要说到我来的原因 |
[02:31] | You can’t do whatever you want, Harvey. | 你不能随心所欲 哈维 |
[02:35] | You want me to make things right with Louis. | 你要我跟路易修好 |
[02:37] | He made things right between Jeff and me. | 他帮助了我和杰夫 |
[02:38] | So I’m supposed to kiss his ass forever because of that? | 那我就要为此永远巴结他吗 |
[02:41] | No, you’re supposed to make peace. | 不 你要跟他和好 |
[02:43] | Jessica, I’m willing to make peace, | 杰西卡 我乐意和好 |
[02:47] | but that’s never gonna happen. | 但那是不可能的 |
[02:48] | Why not? | 为什么 |
[02:49] | Because Louis is never gonna forgive Mike. | 因为路易是绝不会原谅迈克的 |
[02:51] | Then figure out a way to make him forgive Mike. | 那就想办法让他原谅迈克 |
[03:02] | Donna, how many times have I told you | 唐娜 我说过多少次了 |
[03:04] | I want you out front? | 你要坐在外面 |
[03:05] | I’m the only associate with a secretary. | 我是唯一有秘书的初级律师 |
[03:07] | It would be nice if people could see my secretary. | 我希望人们都看到我的秘书 |
[03:09] | Well, then maybe your next secretary can figure out | 那让你的下任秘书 想办法不进你办公室 |
[03:11] | where to put this without coming into your office. | 把这个放好吧 |
[03:15] | – You’re kidding? – Not kidding. | -开玩笑吧 -没有 |
[03:17] | You didn’t forge this? | 这不是你伪造的吗 |
[03:18] | I am a lot of things, but I am not a monster. | 我很厉害 但我不是禽兽 |
[03:20] | I would do that to neither Michael nor you. | 我既不会这么对迈克尔也不会这么对你 |
[03:23] | – Oh, so he’s Michael now? – Well, I’m Donna to him. | -叫这么亲啊 -他直呼我教名 |
[03:25] | He’s Michael to me, which is what I told His Airness | 我也这么喊他 空中传奇大人打电话来时 |
[03:27] | when he called. | 我就这么说的 |
[03:29] | Wait a second. You’re not kidding. | 等等 你不是在开玩笑 |
[03:31] | He signed with me? | 他跟我签约了 |
[03:32] | Well, technically, he signed with me. | 严格说 是跟我签约了 |
[03:33] | Holy shit, Donna. We have to celebrate tonight. | 我去 唐娜 我们今晚得庆祝啊 |
[03:37] | Oh, I’m gonna celebrate. | 我是要庆祝 |
[03:38] | You, on the other hand, are having drinks with Louis. | 但你呢 得跟路易喝酒 |
[03:41] | What? We’ve been over this. | 什么 我们说过了 |
[03:43] | Whenever Louis asks to have drinks with me, | 不论路易什么时候提出要跟我喝酒 |
[03:45] | the answer’s always no. | 永远拒绝他 |
[03:46] | Listen to the words that I’m saying. | 听好我说的话 |
[03:49] | You are getting drinks with Louis tonight. | 你今晚要去跟路易喝酒 |
[03:51] | Fairchild’s retiring? | 费尔柴德要退休了 |
[03:53] | Fairchild’s dead. | 费尔柴德死了 |
[03:55] | That’s almost as good as the Jordan news. | 几乎跟乔丹的消息一样棒了 |
[03:57] | Not to Fairchild. | 对费尔柴德可不算 |
[03:58] | Who gives a shit about Fairchild? | 谁管费尔柴德怎么样啊 |
[03:59] | The real tragedy is I have to get drinks with Louis. | 真正的悲剧是我要跟路易喝酒 |
[04:01] | Which is why I got you a secluded restaurant | 所以我给你订了一间小众餐厅 |
[04:03] | with a table in the back where no one will see you. | 后面的桌子 没人会看到你的 |
[04:05] | And you’ll call a half an hour in | 过半小时你会打电话来 |
[04:07] | and say there’s an emergency. | 说有急事要处理吧 |
[04:08] | Already in place, and if I can’t get through, | 已经准备好了 如果打不通 |
[04:10] | then I’ll just have the waiter | 我会让侍者 |
[04:11] | spill drinks all over Louis. | 把酒洒在路易身上 |
[04:13] | – You could have that done? – Oh, please. | -这你也能做到 -拜托 |
[04:14] | I could have Louis held captive | 如果我想 可以让 |
[04:15] | in a Tibetan monastery if I wanted to. | 路易被人关在一间西藏寺院里 |
[04:17] | Yeah, I don’t think you have that– | 我觉得这你做不到… |
[04:19] | Now get the hell out of your office. | 赶紧滚出你办公室吧 |
[04:20] | I got work to do. | 我还有工作呢 |
[04:33] | Excuse me. Can you tell me where | 打扰 请问能告诉我 |
[04:35] | Jim O’Donnell’s office is? | 吉姆·奥唐纳德的办公室在哪吗 |
[04:38] | That depends. What do you know about immigration law? | 看情况了 你对移民法有什么了解 |
[04:40] | What, are we talking visas, | 是签证问题 |
[04:41] | or are you trying to process a labor certification? | 还是想搞定劳工证 |
[04:44] | You know about immigration law? | 你懂移民法 |
[04:46] | Doesn’t everybody? | 谁不知道啊 |
[04:48] | Okay, tough guy, | 好吧 拽哥 |
[04:50] | what do you think about my strategy on this? | 你觉得我的策略如何 |
[04:56] | I think it’s a winner. | 我觉得能赢 |
[04:58] | Why is that? | 为什么 |
[04:58] | Because everyone knows Gonzalez versus State of Maryland | 因为人人都知道冈萨雷斯诉马里兰州 |
[05:00] | was a kick-ass precedent, but your case is better. | 是个了不起的先例 但你这件更好 |
[05:04] | It was a kick-ass precedent, | 的确是个了不起的先例 |
[05:05] | but I’m not sure that my case is better. | 但我不知道我这个是不是更好 |
[05:07] | Oh, it is. | 绝对是 |
[05:08] | Well, what about Viteri versus– | 那维特利诉… |
[05:09] | Trust me, it’s better. | 相信我 这个更好 |
[05:10] | Viteri needed magic dust and a sympathetic judge to win. | 维特利靠魔法和同情他们的法官才拿下了案子 |
[05:14] | – Have we met? – Nope. | -我们见过吗 -没有 |
[05:16] | But I’m Mike, by the way. | 顺说 我叫迈克 |
[05:18] | Claire. | 克莱尔 |
[05:23] | Are you sure? Because you look very familiar. | 你确定吗 你好眼熟 |
[05:25] | Oh, that’s probably because I’ve been delivering packages | 那可能是因为我一直往这里送快递 |
[05:27] | to your office for the last two months. | 都有俩月了 |
[05:28] | but you haven’t given me the time of day, | 但你根本不理我[连时间都不肯告诉] |
[05:29] | because you didn’t think I was smart enough for you. | 因为你觉得我配你不够聪明 |
[05:34] | It’s 9:15. | 9点15分 |
[05:35] | Wait. That worked? | 等等 这样管用吗 |
[05:36] | It’s working so far, but I’m gonna need to know | 目前为止还管用 但如果想继续有用 |
[05:38] | your full story if it’s gonna keep working. | 你得跟我说说你的详细情况 |
[05:40] | Well, I’ll tell you the full story | 我会跟你说详细情况 |
[05:41] | once you give me your phone number. | 只要你给我你的电话号码 |
[05:42] | I’ll give you my number when I know the full story. | 等我了解了详细情况 就会告诉你我的电话号码 |
[05:45] | How about this? I’ll tell you everything you want to know | 不如这样 我明天晚餐时告诉你 |
[05:47] | at dinner tomorrow night. | 你想知道的一切 |
[05:52] | In that case, | 那样的话 |
[05:53] | I’ll show you where Jim O’Donnell’s office is. | 我可以带你去吉姆·奥唐纳德的办公室 |
[05:55] | Jim O’Donnell’s office? | 吉姆·奥唐纳德的办公室 |
[05:57] | Where do you think I just came from? | 你觉得我刚刚从哪儿来的 |
[06:10] | I need you do something for me. | 我要你帮我点忙 |
[06:12] | Okay, what is it? | 行 什么忙 |
[06:13] | Never mind what it is. | 不用管是什么 |
[06:15] | Unless you want to go back to whatever you were doing | 你要不想回去干我雇你之前的老本行 |
[06:17] | before I hired you, you’ll be here at 9:00 a.m. | 就明早九点到这个地方 |
[06:21] | This is the address for your car club. | 这是你的汽车俱乐部的地址 |
[06:22] | Oh, yeah, your memory. | 对 你记忆力确实好 |
[06:23] | I’d remember this even if I had your memory. | 我凭你的记忆力也能记住这个 |
[06:26] | It was right before our first case together. | 就在我们合作的第一个案子前去过 |
[06:27] | You’re right, McKernon Motors. | 没错 麦肯诺汽车公司 |
[06:29] | So this time be on time and put your seat belt on, | 这次一定要准时 系好安全带 |
[06:32] | because we’re about to take a trip down memory lane. | 我们要开上记忆的轨道了 |
[07:14] | Morning, sunshine. | 早上好 亲爱的 |
[07:19] | – What are you — – I think you call it a Prunie. | -你在干… -你管这个叫普鲁尼吧 |
[07:23] | Congratulations, | 恭喜啊 |
[07:24] | Donna told you my favorite breakfast drink, | 唐娜把我最爱的早餐饮料都告诉你了 |
[07:26] | but what does that have to do with the price of tea in Antarctica? | 但那跟南极洲茶的价格有什么关系呢 |
[07:28] | Donna also told me that you were pissed, | 唐娜还告诉我你被激怒了 |
[07:30] | because you found out I gave you a client | 因为你发现我给了你一个 |
[07:32] | I didn’t want in the first place. | 我起初不想要的客户 |
[07:34] | And you think this is gonna make up for that? | 而你觉得这样就能弥补了吗 |
[07:36] | No, but I think giving you 50% of McKernon Motors will. | 不能 但我想给你麦肯诺汽车一半业务就能 |
[07:40] | What’s the catch? | 条件是什么 |
[07:41] | The catch is, you and I are about to take a road trip | 条件就是 你我现在马上 |
[07:45] | to their corporate headquarters right now. | 开车去他们公司总部 |
[07:50] | You serious? | 你说真的吗 |
[07:51] | I don’t joke about McKernon Motors, | 我可不拿麦肯诺汽车公司开玩笑 |
[07:52] | and you know that as well as I do. | 这点你跟我一样了解 |
[07:57] | To Fairchild. | 敬费尔切尔德 |
[07:59] | To Fairchild. God rest his soul. | 敬费尔切尔德 愿主保佑他灵魂安息 |
[08:02] | Screw his soul. | 去他的灵魂 |
[08:03] | You know how they say | 你知道他们现在怎么表达 |
[08:04] | “Heaven just got another angel”? | “天堂又多了一位天使”吗 |
[08:06] | They ain’t saying it now. | 他们现在都不这么说了 |
[08:09] | Why do you keep checking your phone? | 你为什么一直看你的手机 |
[08:11] | – No reason. I just– – Please, I’m not an idiot. | -没什么 我只是 -拜托 我又不傻 |
[08:14] | We’ve been here 28 minutes, and in 2 minutes, | 我们到这儿已经28分钟了 再过2分钟 |
[08:16] | Donna’s gonna call with some preplanned emergency. | 唐娜就会打电话来说一个预先计划的紧急情况 |
[08:18] | – Louis, that’s not… – Look | -路易 不是… -听着 |
[08:20] | why do you think I used Fairchild’s retirement | 你为什么认为我利用费尔切尔德退休 |
[08:21] | to get you to have drinks with me? | 好让你跟我一起喝酒 |
[08:23] | Because you knew I thought it would never happen? | 因为你知道我觉得那永远不可能吗 |
[08:24] | Because he doesn’t have an heir apparent. | 因为他没有法定继承人 |
[08:26] | Louis, if you’re thinking what I think you’re thinking– | 路易 如果你在考虑的事如我所想 |
[08:29] | Hardman’s not gonna make one of us senior partner. | 哈德曼不会让我们之一当资深合伙人的 |
[08:32] | I’m not talking about one of us. | 我不是说我们之一 |
[08:33] | I’m talking about both of us convincing Hardman | 我说的是我们俩一起说服哈德曼 |
[08:36] | that two kick-ass junior partners are worth | 两个厉害的初级合伙人 |
[08:38] | as much as one new senior partner. | 跟一个新的高级合伙人一样厉害 |
[08:41] | Louis, that is the best idea | 路易 这是我认识你以来 |
[08:44] | you’ve had since I’ve known you. | 你想出的最好的点子 |
[08:45] | Yeah? | 是吗 |
[08:47] | Here’s another one. | 还有一个 |
[08:55] | When did you come up with this one? | 你什么时候想出的这个 |
[08:56] | When you were in the bathroom wasting | 你在洗手间浪费掉 |
[08:57] | 7 minutes of our half hour. | 我们这半小时里的7分钟时 |
[09:01] | Don’t you have to get that? | 你不用接吗 |
[09:03] | No, I don’t. | 不 不用 |
[09:05] | Let’s drink to this. | 来喝酒庆祝吧 |
[09:11] | Asshole. | 混蛋 |
[09:14] | That was Donna, wasn’t it? | 那是唐娜 不是吗 |
[09:16] | Trevor, this is so stupid. | 特雷弗 这太傻了 |
[09:18] | It’s not stupid, dickhead. | 一点也不傻 蠢货 |
[09:19] | I want you to see it for the first time | 我要你站在房子正中间 |
[09:21] | from the middle of the room. | 第一次好好看 |
[09:22] | It’s your apartment, assface, | 这是你的公寓 笨蛋 |
[09:24] | and don’t even think about giving me a wet Willie. | 别想再给我抹一脖子口水 |
[09:27] | You suck the fun out of everything. | 你把好玩的都毁了 |
[09:28] | Go ahead. Open your eyes, dickfoot. | 去吧 睁开眼就 蠢咖 |
[09:30] | – “Dickfoot”? – I was gonna use “Assface.” | -蠢咖 -我本想说笨蛋 |
[09:32] | It’s all I could think of. | 我只能想到这些 |
[09:32] | How do you even manage in the world? | 你进社会要怎么办啊 |
[09:34] | Are you just gonna stand there with your your eyes closed | 你打算继续站在那里闭着眼睛 |
[09:36] | and mock my “Dickfoot”? | 嘲笑我的蠢咖吗 |
[09:37] | I’m definitely not gonna open them to see your dickfoot. | 我才不要睁眼看你的蠢咖 |
[09:39] | That’s a good point. I wouldn’t do that either. | 这倒是说得不错 我也不要 |
[09:41] | Go ahead. Open your eyes. | 快点 睁开眼睛 |
[09:45] | Holy shit. | 老天呐 |
[09:47] | I thought you were getting a studio. | 我以为你在弄工作室 |
[09:49] | Yeah, I was going to, but then I realized | 是啊 我本来是这么打算 但我发现 |
[09:51] | we can’t both live in a studio. | 我们不可能一起住在工作室里 |
[09:56] | What? | 什么 |
[09:57] | Welcome to Casa Evans and Ross. | 欢迎光临埃文斯和罗斯之家 |
[09:59] | Trevor, I can’t afford half this rent. | 特雷弗 我付不起一半的房租 |
[10:02] | That’s the best part. | 这就是最棒的地方 |
[10:03] | Don’t worry about it. | 不用担心 |
[10:04] | I’m gonna pay for your whole first year. | 第一年我会把你的房租全付了 |
[10:05] | No, you’re not. I can’t let you do that. | 不 不行 我不能让你帮我付 |
[10:07] | Michael, I start my new job on Tuesday. | 迈克 我这周二开始新工作 |
[10:09] | On top of that, I have my friends and family business on the side. | 除此之外 我还可以做我的伙伴家族生意 |
[10:12] | That doesn’t mean I’m gonna take charity from you. | 那不意味着我要接受你的救济 |
[10:14] | Look, are you gonna make me say it? | 听着 你要逼我说出来吗 |
[10:16] | It’s not charity. | 这不是救济 |
[10:17] | I graduated, and you didn’t, | 我大学毕业了 你没有 |
[10:19] | because you took the fall for something I did. | 因为你为我做的事情顶罪 |
[10:22] | I owe you. | 我欠你的 |
[10:28] | Okay, I’ll think about it. | 好吧 我再考虑考虑 |
[10:30] | All right, in the meantime, think about this. | 好吧 同时也考虑一下这个 |
[10:33] | No, I can’t. | 不 不行 |
[10:34] | – I got a date tonight. – All right. | -我今晚有约会 -好吧 |
[10:35] | Wow, clubfoot, mustache, all of the above? | 怪咖 小胡子 还是全部的 |
[10:39] | First dickfoot and then clubfoot? | 先是蠢咖 现在又是怪咖 |
[10:41] | Are words with “foot” all you’ve got now? | 你现在只会说带”咖”字的词了吗 |
[10:43] | All right, smart guy, | 好吧 聪明人 |
[10:44] | describe her with one of your SAT words. | 用你的SAT单词来形容那妹子吧 |
[10:47] | – Bigfoot. – That’s what I’m talking about. | -大咖 -这才像话 |
[10:49] | For the record, she’s really hot. | 准确地说 她真是辣妹 |
[10:56] | Let me get this straight. | 我直说吧 |
[10:57] | Instead of promoting an existing partner, | 你们要我提拔你们作初级合伙人 |
[10:59] | you want me to make both of you junior partners. | 而不是提拔现有合伙人 |
[11:02] | Well, not make us. We’ve earned it. | 不是”提拔” 我们赢得的 |
[11:05] | Earned partnership status? | 赢得合伙人的地位 |
[11:07] | That’s a pretty bold statement | 这对两个五年律师来说 |
[11:08] | coming from two fifth-years. | 可是相当大胆的提议 |
[11:09] | Not just any fifth-years. | 不是随便的五年律师 |
[11:11] | We’re the best fifth-years this firm has ever seen, | 我们是律所史上 两个最棒的五年 |
[11:13] | and you know it. | 你也知道的 |
[11:14] | May I inquire whose idea this was? | 我能问问这是谁的主意吗 |
[11:16] | – It was both of ours. – It was Louis’. | -我们俩的主意 -路易的主意 |
[11:18] | That’s generous of you | 你可真慷慨 |
[11:19] | to give him credit. | 把功劳都给他了 |
[11:20] | It was generous of him to come to me with the idea. | 慷慨的是他主动来找我分享主意 |
[11:24] | The truth is, I wasn’t gonna make anyone partner. | 事实是 我本不想提拔任何合伙人 |
[11:28] | But I do like admire your gumption. | 但我欣赏你们的勇气 |
[11:31] | So here’s what I’m willing to do. | 所以我想这样 |
[11:34] | I will advance one of you | 我会提拔你们其中那个 |
[11:36] | if you prove to me which one it should be. | 能证明自己值得被提拔的人 |
[11:39] | No, see, that’s the whole point. | 不 你看 问题是 |
[11:40] | We came in as a package deal. | 我们是一起的 |
[11:41] | You came in with a proposal. | 你们来找我提价 |
[11:43] | I’m giving you a counter, and it’s take it or leave it. | 我还个价 你们要么接受 要么放弃 |
[11:46] | What sort of proof are we talking about? | 怎么证明 |
[11:50] | Let’s just say McKernon Motors is in play, | 去拿下麦肯诺汽车公司 |
[11:52] | and landing them could go a long way to making your case. | 拿下他们 就是对自己有力的证明 |
[11:56] | No way. We’re not gonna.. | 不行 我们不会… |
[11:57] | All right, Daniel. | 好吧 丹尼尔 |
[11:58] | You want McKernon? | 你要麦肯诺 |
[12:00] | I’ll get you McKernon. | 我会给你麦肯诺 |
[12:06] | We’re going to McKernon Motors, not your senior prom. | 我们要去麦肯诺汽车公司 不是你的高中舞会 |
[12:08] | Why can’t we just take the car service? | 为什么我们不能做个车辆服务 |
[12:10] | Because we’re going to an engine manufacturer. | 因为我们是要去见发动机制造商 |
[12:12] | We need to show up with a bad-ass car. | 我们得开一辆炫车去 |
[12:15] | How about this little bad boy right here? | 这辆酷车怎么样 |
[12:17] | That’s no good. | 不好 |
[12:18] | Why the hell not? | 怎么不好 |
[12:19] | Because it’s not just the two of us. | 因为不只是我们两个人去 |
[12:21] | What do you mean? | 什么意思 |
[12:23] | You son of a bitch. | 你这混蛋 |
[12:25] | You said you and I are going up there. | 你说你和我两人去 |
[12:26] | You lied to me. | 你骗了我 |
[12:27] | Because if I didn’t, you would have never agreed to come. | 如果不那么说 你是不会来的 |
[12:29] | There is no way I’m going. | 我不去了 |
[12:30] | Yes, you are. | 你要去 |
[12:32] | I don’t care if I have to tie you to the roof. | 有必要的话我会把你绑在车顶上带去 |
[12:34] | By the time we get to McKernon, | 去麦肯诺的这段时间 |
[12:35] | you and Mike are gonna work your shit out. | 你和迈克要把问题好好解决掉 |
[12:53] | I can’t believe you did that. | 难以置信 你居然那么做事 |
[12:55] | The plan was to present a united front. | 我们的计划是建立统一战线 |
[12:57] | And we did, and he didn’t go for it. | 我们建立了 但他不买账 |
[12:59] | Then you stab me in the back? | 那你就倒打我一耙吗 |
[13:00] | I didn’t stab you in the back. I took what he gave us. | 我没有倒打一耙 我接受了他给的条件 |
[13:02] | He didn’t give us anything, Harvey. | 他什么都没给 哈维 |
[13:04] | He pitted us against each other. | 他挑拨我们反目 |
[13:06] | Louis, we’ve been pitted against each other | 路易 咱俩第一天见面起 |
[13:08] | since day one. | 就是对手了 |
[13:09] | What are you talking about? | 你在说什么 |
[13:09] | How many of the 50 associates we started with | 跟我们一起进公司的五十名律师 |
[13:12] | do you think are gonna make partner? | 你觉得有多少人能当合伙人 |
[13:14] | I don’t give a shit about the other associates. | 我不管其他律师 |
[13:16] | We toasted to making partner together. | 我们为统一战线而干了杯 |
[13:19] | I don’t make the rules, Louis. Hardman does. | 规则不是我定的 路易 哈德曼定的 |
[13:22] | And as much as we say he’s an asshole, | 尽管我们骂他混球 |
[13:24] | I respect him for at least telling us the deal out loud. | 我也尊敬他这种有事明说做法 |
[13:26] | You want something out loud? | 你喜欢有事明说 |
[13:27] | I’m gonna give you something out loud. | 那我就跟你明说 |
[13:29] | No way on Earth am I gonna let you land McKernon Motors. | 我是不会让你拿到麦肯诺汽车公司的 |
[13:51] | – Hey, what the hell? – What the hell what? | -干什么 -什么干什么 |
[13:53] | This isn’t a joyride, Louis. | 这可不是在兜风 路易 |
[13:54] | You don’t want to talk, you’re gonna sit in silence | 你要是不想谈话 就得安静坐着 |
[13:57] | until you’re ready to talk. | 直到你准备开口 |
[13:58] | Well, you can make me sit in silence all you want, | 你可以让我安静坐着 |
[14:00] | but you can’t make me work it out with him. | 但你不能强迫我跟他合作 |
[14:01] | – Then what can, Louis? – Excuse me? | -怎样才能让你跟他合作 路易 -什么 |
[14:03] | You worked it out with Donna and Rachel. | 你跟唐娜 跟瑞秋都和好了 |
[14:06] | You lied to Malone for Jessica. | 你为了杰西卡跟马龙撒了谎 |
[14:08] | What’s it gonna take to work it out with me? | 你到底要怎么样才能跟我和好 |
[14:10] | Well, I forgave those people, because they were victims | 我原谅了他们 因为他们也是受害者 |
[14:12] | infected with the disease known as Mike Ross. | 他们也被名叫迈克·罗斯的疾病传染了 |
[14:15] | Now I’m stuck in a car with patient zero. | 如今我不得不跟零号病人一起坐在车里 |
[14:17] | Okay, outbreak, patient zero is the first person | 好吧 疾病爆发 零号病人是第一个 |
[14:20] | actually infected with the disease, | 感染疾病的人 |
[14:22] | not the disease itself, and for your information, | 而非疾病本身 提醒你一下 |
[14:25] | I’m stuck in the same car as you. | 我也跟你一样困在这车里 |
[14:27] | At least you don’t have to look at | 至少你不用看到 |
[14:28] | the back of your own stupid, | 你自己那个愚蠢的 |
[14:29] | fat, balding head. | 肥嘟嘟的秃脑袋 |
[14:33] | What’s so goddamn funny? | 有什么可笑的 |
[14:35] | You two are finally talking. | 你们终于说话了 |
[14:36] | I think you earned a little music. | 奖励你一些音乐 |
[14:48] | – That’s it? – Yeah. | -就这样 -是啊 |
[14:49] | All you have to do is pick one of two characters. | 你只需要从这两个角色里挑一个 |
[14:51] | And whichever character I don’t pick | 而被我遗弃的那个角色 |
[14:53] | is removed from film history forever? | 就会被从电影史上永远抹杀 |
[14:55] | It’s like they never existed. | 就像从没存在过一样 |
[14:56] | It’s a piece of cake. | 小菜一碟 |
[14:57] | Okay, Han Solo or Indiana Jones? | 好吧 汉·索罗或者印第安纳·琼斯 |
[15:01] | – I’m out. – What’s the problem? | -不玩了 -怎么了 |
[15:03] | You just said it was gonna be a piece of cake. | 你刚刚还说小菜一碟呢 |
[15:04] | The problem is, you just picked the two greatest characters | 问题是你挑了两个有史以来 |
[15:06] | of all time, so… | 最棒的角色 所以… |
[15:07] | You’re right about that. I’m sorry. | 你说得对 抱歉 |
[15:08] | Let me start with something easier for you. | 我说个简单点的 |
[15:09] | – All right. – Butch or Sundance? | -好吧 -布奇或圣丹斯 |
[15:11] | Mm, check, please. | 结账 |
[15:13] | Yeah, we’re done. | 到此为止了 |
[15:14] | No. | 不 |
[15:17] | This is really nice. | 感觉真好 |
[15:18] | Yeah, I’m having a really good time too. | 是的 我也很开心 |
[15:23] | So when do I get to hear the answer to what you do | 什么时候告诉我 你除了送快递 |
[15:24] | besides being a bike messenger? | 还做什么 |
[15:26] | Who says I do anything? | 谁说我做别的事了 |
[15:30] | Look, Mike, there’s nothing wrong | 听着 迈克 快递没什么不好 |
[15:31] | with being a bike messenger, but I’m serious about my life. | 但是 我对自己的人生很严肃 |
[15:36] | I’m not going to law school just to cash out. | 我去法学院并不是为了钱 |
[15:37] | I really want to help people. | 我真心想帮助别人 |
[15:39] | Bike messengers don’t help people? | 快递就不能帮助别人吗 |
[15:42] | No, not in the way that a man I want to be | 我不希望自己恋爱的对象 |
[15:44] | in a relationship with does. | 只用这种方法帮助别人 |
[15:52] | Well, then today is your lucky day. | 那么 今天你走运了 |
[15:58] | I knew it. Where do you go? | 我就知道 你要上那个学校 |
[16:00] | Mm-mm, you first. Where do you go? | 你先说 你要上哪个 |
[16:01] | – NYU. – Columbia. | -纽约大学 -哥伦比亚大学 |
[16:04] | – I win. – I win. | -我赢了 -我赢了 |
[16:07] | – Good morning, Jessica. – Hi, Daniel. | -早上好 杰西卡 -你好 丹尼尔 |
[16:09] | – I still haven’t received– – This year’s budget? | -我还没收到… -今年的预算吗 |
[16:11] | I was just on my way to give it to you. | 我正要给你送去呢 |
[16:13] | And I thought maybe you hadn’t gotten around to it | 我还以为你一直忙着 |
[16:14] | because you were too busy pitting Harvey against Louis. | 挑拨哈维和路易 没时间做预算呢 |
[16:17] | You disapprove. | 你反对这样吗 |
[16:18] | I don’t mind a little healthy competition. | 我不介意来点良性竞争 |
[16:21] | But I do mind the empty promise of partnership. | 但我介意开合伙人资格的空头支票 |
[16:23] | What makes you so sure there’s no reward at the end? | 你怎么认为最后会没有回报 |
[16:25] | The last time we discussed this, | 上次我们讨论这个的时候 |
[16:27] | you said Harvey wasn’t ready. | 你说哈维还没准备好 |
[16:28] | And you said Louis wasn’t. | 而你说路易没准备好 |
[16:29] | Well, I’m giving them both the chance to prove it. | 我是在给他们机会证明自己 |
[16:31] | So partnership is on the table. | 新合伙人的确定已经提上日程了 |
[16:32] | Partnership was already on the table. | 早就提上日程了 |
[16:35] | What makes you so sure it’s gonna be Harvey? | 你怎么认定会是哈维 |
[16:37] | Because Harvey will do whatever it takes to win. | 因为哈维为了获胜不择手段 |
[16:41] | If doing whatever it takes is the criteria, | 如果不择手段是评判标准 |
[16:43] | my money is on Louis. | 那我赌路易会赢 |
[16:45] | What are you talking about? | 这话是什么意思 |
[16:48] | I think we should continue this conversation in my office. | 我们还是去我办公室接着聊吧 |
[16:55] | Hi, I’ve got a delivery for a Zoltan Freastmeisterson. | 你好 我来给佐坦·富莱斯美斯特森送邮件 |
[17:01] | I’m afraid there’s no one in this office with that name. | 这间办公室可没有叫这个名字的人 |
[17:03] | I’m afraid you’re mistaken. | 你记错了吧 |
[17:05] | – Really? – Yeah. | -是吗 -没错 |
[17:06] | Because I’m willing to bet that there’s no one on this planet | 我敢打赌地球上都没有 |
[17:08] | with that name. | 叫这个名字的人 |
[17:09] | Okay, fine, but if you could just point me towards | 好吧 但如果你告诉我 |
[17:10] | Kumquat McGillicuddy’s office, | 金桔·麦格利卡迪的办公室在哪 |
[17:12] | I’ll be on my way, | 我就不缠着你了 |
[17:13] | because I certainly did not bike down here | 因为我可没有带着两封假邮件 |
[17:16] | with two fictitious deliveries just to tell you | 专门骑车过来就是为了告诉你 |
[17:18] | what a great time I had last night. | 我昨晚很开心 |
[17:20] | Good, because I have a lot of work to do. | 那就好 因为我有一大堆活要干 |
[17:23] | So, if you could please just hop on that little bike of yours– | 所以 如果你能跳上你那辆小自行车… |
[17:25] | – Claire? – Yeah. | -克莱尔 -怎么了 |
[17:28] | When you’re finished flirting with Quicksilver here, | 等你跟这位快递员调完情 |
[17:29] | you might want to get down to INS. | 最好去趟移民局 |
[17:31] | Hector Suarez just got taken in. | 海克特·苏雷兹刚刚被带走了 |
[17:33] | Shit. His visa’s expired. | 见鬼 他的签证到期了 |
[17:35] | They’re gonna send him back to the Dominican Republic. | 他们会把他遣返回多米尼加共和国的 |
[17:37] | Wait. Maybe I can help. | 等一下 或许我能帮忙 |
[17:39] | No offense, I don’t see how you can– | 不是我看不起你 但我觉得你帮不上… |
[17:40] | No, no, no, Nathan, he’s not just a bike messenger. | 不 不 纳森 他不光是个送信员 |
[17:42] | He’s in law school. | 他在念法学院 |
[17:44] | Really? | 真的吗 |
[17:45] | – Where are you in law school? – Columbia. | -那个学校的法学院 -哥伦比亚大学 |
[17:47] | And he happens to know visas better than either one of us. | 他还恰巧比咱俩都了解签证 |
[17:50] | Well, I really can’t pay you, so… | 但我没法付你钱 所以… |
[17:52] | No, I don’t need any money. | 不 不用给钱 |
[17:54] | I just want to help. | 我只是想帮忙而已 |
[17:55] | All right, Columbia, be my guest. | 好吧 哥伦比亚小伙 看你的了 |
[17:57] | Got a hearing Tuesday morning, 9:00 A.M. | 周二早上九点有个听证会 |
[18:00] | Mike, that is amazing. Thank you. | 迈克 太好了 谢谢你 |
[18:03] | Oh, no, don’t thank me yet. I haven’t even done any– | 先别急着谢我 我还什么都没… |
[18:12] | Um, this might not be relevant, but I actually saved | 可能跟这事没什么关系 但我今天早上 |
[18:16] | Kumquat McGillicuddy’s life this morning, so… | 救了金桔·麦格利卡迪一命 所以… |
[18:21] | I’m gonna go do some work. | 我得去准备一下了 |
[18:24] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[18:27] | Mr. McKernon, Harvey Specter. | 麦肯诺先生 我是哈维·斯佩克特 |
[18:31] | Mr. Specter, would you mind telling me why I have | 斯佩克特先生 你能给我解释一下为什么 |
[18:34] | two different Pearson Hardman lawyers | 我今天要与皮尔逊·哈德曼律所的 |
[18:35] | on my schedule today? | 两个律师见面吗 |
[18:36] | I don’t know, but after this, | 我不知道 但跟我谈完 |
[18:38] | you won’t need to meet the other one. | 你就不需要见另一个了 |
[18:39] | You’re cocky. | 你还真是自以为是 |
[18:40] | I’m right. | 我不说错话 |
[18:41] | You’re also traveling a little light. | 你也没带多少东西来 |
[18:43] | Where’s your PowerPoint presentation? | 你的幻灯片展示呢 |
[18:45] | I don’t need a PowerPoint presentation. | 我不需要幻灯片展示 |
[18:48] | Why is that? | 为什么 |
[18:48] | Because every lawyer in the city has tried to dazzle you, | 因为这座城里每个律师都试过征服你 |
[18:51] | and you’re still looking for a date to the big dance, | 你却仍在寻找合适的人选 |
[18:54] | because they don’t know what you’re looking for. | 那是因为他们不知道你看重什么 |
[18:58] | What exactly am I looking for? | 你说我看重什么 |
[19:00] | Loyalty. | 忠诚 |
[19:04] | You’re right. | 没错 |
[19:06] | I built this company from the ground up, | 我白手起家建立起这间公司 |
[19:09] | and everybody that started with me is still here. | 跟我共同奋斗的人仍陪在我身旁 |
[19:11] | And I know why. | 我知道原因 |
[19:12] | You don’t downsize in the bad times. | 不景气的时候不裁员 |
[19:14] | They stick with you in the good times. | 到了好时候他们自然不离不弃 |
[19:15] | And no other lawyer has figured that out. | 别的律师都没想明白这点 |
[19:18] | Not a single one. | 除了一个人 |
[19:19] | Well, I’m the one, Avery, | 那就是我 艾弗里 |
[19:21] | which is why I know you don’t want me dumping you | 所以我知道你不希望我放弃你 |
[19:23] | for a bigger client down the line. | 投向另一个更大的客户 |
[19:26] | How do I know you won’t do that? | 我怎么知道你不会这么做 |
[19:28] | Because that’s not the way I work. | 因为这不是我的工作风格 |
[19:31] | Well, it’s a hell of a nice sentiment. | 说的倒是好听 |
[19:33] | But how do I know you’re not full of shit? | 但我怎么知道你不是信口雌黄 |
[19:35] | I’m glad you asked, | 我很高兴你这么问 |
[19:37] | because here’s my PowerPoint presentation. | 因为这就是我的幻灯片 |
[19:55] | Okay… | 好吧 |
[19:57] | I have a hearing tomorrow against Fletcher Engines. | 我明天有个听证会 对方是弗莱彻引擎公司 |
[20:01] | You win that, you’re my lawyer. | 要是胜诉 你就是我的律师 |
[20:13] | Ok, just don’t change lanes, | 别换车道 |
[20:14] | don’t change lanes. | 别换车道 |
[20:14] | Don’t do this. Great. Okay, you know what? | 别换 真棒 好吧 知道吗 |
[20:16] | This is ridiculous. You drive like a savage animal. | 太荒唐了 你开车跟个野蛮的动物似的 |
[20:19] | Louis, be a man and suck it up. | 路易 男人点 忍着吧 |
[20:21] | Suck it up? I’m sitting in the death seat. | 忍着 我坐在死亡座椅上 |
[20:22] | Fine. I’ll pull over, and you can sit in the back with Mike. | 好吧 我靠边停车 你到后面跟迈克坐 |
[20:25] | Hey, I’m not sitting in the back with a fraud, | 我可不跟一个骗子坐在后面 |
[20:27] | and before you even think it, you’re not putting him up here | 你想都别想让他坐前面 |
[20:29] | and sticking me back there. | 把我塞到后面 |
[20:30] | Then what do you want, Louis? | 那你想怎么办 路易 |
[20:31] | Because there is no way in hell | 我不可能让你 |
[20:32] | I’m letting you behind the wheel of this car. | 来开车 |
[20:34] | It’s crystal goddamn clear. | 解决办法显而易见 |
[20:36] | You and I sit in the back, and he chauffeurs the both of us. | 我们坐在后座 让他当我俩的司机 |
[20:38] | Whoa, no. Even if Harvey would agree to that, | 这可不行 就算哈维同意 |
[20:41] | – which I doubt– – Shut the hell up. | -我对此深表怀疑 -你闭嘴吧 |
[20:42] | You’re not talking. You don’t get to refuse. | 你没有发言权 没有拒绝的资格 |
[20:44] | I’m not refusing, Louis. I don’t know how to drive. | 我不是拒绝 路易 我不会开车 |
[20:49] | Holy shit. | 真他妈见鬼 |
[20:57] | You wanted to see me? | 你想见我 |
[20:58] | Uh, yes. | 是的 |
[20:59] | I heard you did well with Avery McKernon. | 我听说艾弗里·麦肯诺那边你干得不错 |
[21:01] | Well, then you heard wrong, | 那你可听错了 |
[21:03] | because I killed it with Avery McKernon. | 因为我搞定艾弗里·麦肯诺了 |
[21:06] | – Congratulations, Harvey. – Thank you, Daniel. | -恭喜你 哈维 -谢谢 丹尼尔 |
[21:08] | You’re welcome. | 不客气 |
[21:10] | Unfortunately, we can’t represent McKernon Motors after all. | 不幸的是 我们不能代表麦肯诺马达公司 |
[21:14] | Why not? | 为什么不行 |
[21:15] | Well, it turns out Fletcher Engines wants to sign with us. | 因为弗莱彻引擎公司想跟我们签约 |
[21:18] | Because they found out I’m about to land McKernon. | 因为他们发现我就要拿下麦肯诺 |
[21:20] | Yes, | 没错 |
[21:21] | and they’re three times the size of McKernon Motors. | 而且他们规模是麦肯诺汽车公司的三倍 |
[21:24] | Well, I don’t care how big they are. | 我才不管他们规模多大 |
[21:25] | I’m not dropping my client. | 我不会放弃我的客户 |
[21:27] | Yes, you are. | 你得放弃 |
[21:32] | This was your plan all along. | 你一早就计划好了 |
[21:34] | Of course it was. That’s how the world works. | 没错 这世界就是这样的 |
[21:36] | I don’t give a shit how the world works. | 我不管这世界怎么样 |
[21:39] | I gave my word to Avery McKernon. | 我向艾弗里·麦肯诺保证过 |
[21:41] | Watch yourself, Harvey. | 小心点 哈维 |
[21:41] | I haven’t gotten where I am by watching myself, Daniel. | 我走到今天靠的不是小心翼翼 丹尼尔 |
[21:44] | And I don’t appreciate being used as a stalking horse. | 我也不喜欢被人用来打掩护 |
[21:48] | Well, you may not appreciate it, but let me remind you, | 你可以不喜欢 但我提醒你 |
[21:51] | you work for me. | 我是你的老板 |
[21:53] | And I’m giving you the chance to show me you understand that. | 我在给你机会证明你懂 |
[21:57] | Let me remind you you said partnership was on the table. | 别忘了 你说过要增加合伙人 |
[22:00] | I’m gonna hold you to that, and so will Jessica. | 我不会让你食言的 杰西卡也不会 |
[22:12] | Hey, fart taster. | 吃屁鬼 |
[22:14] | I thought you were coming over. | 我还以为你会来我家 |
[22:17] | What, nothing? It’s a classic. | 怎么了 这个名字很经典 |
[22:19] | I’m implying your job is to literally taste– | 我是指你的工作就是在… |
[22:20] | Hey, Trevor, I’m in the middle of something, | 特雷弗 我正在忙 |
[22:22] | so I’ll come over later, okay? | 我一会儿去找你好吗 |
[22:24] | In the middle of what? | 忙什么 |
[22:26] | That girl I told you about, | 我跟你提过的那个女孩 |
[22:27] | she interns at a legal clinic, | 她在法律援助所实习 |
[22:30] | and I am helping her with a case. | 我正在帮她处理一个案子 |
[22:32] | Dickfoot gave you homework? | “蠢咖”还给你布置作业了 |
[22:33] | Okay, first of all, from now on, her name is Claire. | 第一 从现在开始叫她克莱尔 |
[22:36] | And second of all, this is important, so… | 第二 这活儿很重要 所以… |
[22:39] | Dude, what the hell are you talking about? | 老兄 你在说什么 |
[22:46] | I might have told her that I’m in law school. | 我好像骗她说我在读法学院 |
[22:49] | Holy shit. | 我了个去 |
[22:51] | You will do anything to get laid. | 为了滚床单你什么都做得出来啊 |
[22:52] | I am not trying to get laid. | 我不是为了滚床单 |
[22:54] | I really like this girl, | 我真的很喜欢这个女孩 |
[22:55] | and I have zero chance with her | 如果只是个送信的 |
[22:57] | if all I am is a bike messenger. | 我没机会和她在一起 |
[22:58] | Yeah, well, you’re definitely gonna have no chance | 对 但等她发现你骗她 |
[23:00] | if she finds out that you lied to her. | 你就更不可能有机会了 |
[23:01] | Trevor, I don’t want to talk about this anymore. | 特雷弗 我不想再跟你谈这个了 |
[23:05] | You don’t really want to talk about anything anymore. | 你什么都不想再谈了 |
[23:12] | It’s about the apartment, isn’t it? | 和公寓有关 是吗 |
[23:13] | – Yes it’s about the apartment. – Okay, you want the truth? | -没错 -好吧 要听实话吗 |
[23:16] | I haven’t given you an answer because of Grammy. | 我没答复你是因为奶奶 |
[23:18] | You think I didn’t know that? | 你以为我不知道 |
[23:19] | Then you know she’s never forgiven you | 你也知道她不会原谅你 |
[23:20] | for what happened in college, | 大学时做的那些事 |
[23:22] | and she is never, ever going to let me live with you. | 她是绝对不可能让我和你一起住的 |
[23:24] | Then explain to her that this is my way | 那就她解释 我是为了 |
[23:26] | of making up for what I did in college. | 为大学时的错误做补偿 |
[23:28] | That is never gonna work. | 没用的 |
[23:29] | You know what, Michael? | 知道吗 迈克尔 |
[23:31] | If you’re gonna do all of this for some girl you just met, | 如果你能为刚遇见的女孩这么努力 |
[23:34] | maybe it’s time you stood up to Grammy for me. | 或许你该在奶奶面前替我说说话了 |
[23:42] | How’d it go against Fletcher Engines? | 和弗莱彻引擎打的怎么样 |
[23:44] | You cut them off at the knees or put them in the ground? | 把他们打断了腿还是打趴在地 |
[23:46] | They put me in the ground, | 他们把我打趴在地了 |
[23:48] | and on top of that, it was in front of Avery McKernon. | 更惨的是 还当着艾弗里·麦肯诺的面 |
[23:51] | You lost in court? | 你败诉了 |
[23:52] | I didn’t just lose. I looked like a fool. | 不仅败诉 还败得像个傻瓜 |
[23:56] | Harvey, what happened? | 哈维 怎么了 |
[23:57] | The general counsel for Fletcher Engines | 弗莱彻引擎公司的律师 |
[23:58] | knew every move I was gonna make before I even made it. | 早就清楚我的每一步策略 |
[24:01] | How could he– | 这怎么可能… |
[24:01] | Because Hardman must have tipped him off. | 因为哈德曼提醒过他了 |
[24:04] | You really think he would do that? | 你真觉得他会那么做吗 |
[24:05] | I wouldn’t have yesterday, but I sure as hell do today. | 我昨天还不确定 今天非常肯定 |
[24:08] | Then you have to go to Jessica. | 那你得去找杰西卡 |
[24:09] | And say what? | 说什么 |
[24:10] | Hardman’s managing partner. She’s not. | 哈德曼是管理合伙人 而她不是 |
[24:13] | I don’t have any proof, and I never will. | 我没有证据 也不可能拿到 |
[24:15] | Well, then what are you gonna do? | 那你打算怎么做 |
[24:17] | I don’t know, but I have less than 14 hours | 不知道 但我还有不到14个小时 |
[24:19] | to dig through 1,000 pages of patent law. | 去翻那1000页的专利权法 |
[24:23] | If only there was somebody in the office who was an expert | 要是律所里恰好有个精通专利权法的人 |
[24:25] | on patent law. | 就好了 |
[24:26] | Donna, I am not going to Louis. | 唐娜 我不会去找路易的 |
[24:28] | He’ll never help me. | 他绝对不会帮我 |
[24:29] | Well, that’s too bad, because if you can’t figure out | 那真糟糕 如果你不懂 |
[24:32] | how to patch things up with Louis, | 如何与路易和好如初 |
[24:33] | then you don’t deserve Avery McKernon | 那你也配不上艾弗里·麦肯诺这客户 |
[24:35] | or that partnership. | 以及合伙人的身份 |
[24:42] | What’s all this? | 这是为了什么 |
[24:46] | Uh, a grandson can’t order in and set a table | 孙子就不能为奶奶点餐到家 |
[24:50] | for his grandmother? | 布置餐具吗 |
[24:52] | A grandson can do whatever he wants. | 孙子想做什么都可以 |
[24:54] | But the answer to your question is no. | 但答案还是不行 |
[24:58] | You haven’t even heard what it is yet. | 你还没听我的请求呢 |
[24:59] | I know what it is, because I’ve been waiting for it | 我知道是什么 因为我从你一毕业 |
[25:02] | since that kid graduated, | 就在等你问我 |
[25:03] | and you are not gonna live with him. | 你不能和他一起住 |
[25:06] | That boy is the reason you got kicked out of school. | 是他害你被学校开除 |
[25:09] | You’re the one that told me to tell the dean the truth. | 是你让我把实情告诉院长的 |
[25:12] | That was before I knew it would cost you graduating. | 那是在我知道你会被开除之前 |
[25:15] | And he’s trying to make it up to me. | 他现在想补偿我 |
[25:16] | He’s gonna pay for my whole first year’s rent. | 他会替我付一整年的房租 |
[25:19] | That will not make up for putting your whole life | 这不能弥补他把你的人生 |
[25:22] | into a tailspin. | 搅得天翻地覆 |
[25:23] | – It’s a head start. – No, it’s not a head start! | -这是好的开始 -不 这不是 |
[25:25] | That boy is gonna drag you back down with him! | 那孩子会再次把你拖入泥潭 |
[25:27] | Grammy, I’m never gonna let that happen! | 奶奶 我不会让这种事发生的 |
[25:28] | God damn it! I forbid it! | 该死的 我不允许 |
[25:38] | I’m sorry, Michael. I lost my temper. | 抱歉 迈克尔 我失控了 |
[25:40] | But I know what he does to you, | 但我知道他对你做了什么 |
[25:44] | and I know he’ll always be the same. | 我也知道他不会改变 |
[25:49] | Has it occurred to you that maybe I’m not the same? | 你想过或许我和以前不一样了吗 |
[25:52] | What’s changed? | 哪儿不一样了 |
[25:55] | I met someone. | 我遇到了一个人 |
[25:58] | And I’m gonna figure out a way to finish school, and… | 我会想办法完成学业 |
[26:03] | and then I’m gonna go to law school. | 然后我要去读法学院 |
[26:06] | Good. | 很好 |
[26:08] | Then do it from here | 那就在这里努力 |
[26:18] | What’s on your mind, Mike? | 你在想什么 迈克 |
[26:20] | You look lost in thought. | 你看起来在沉思 |
[26:24] | I was just thinking about my grandmother. | 我只是想到了我奶奶 |
[26:27] | We took a train trip to D.C. once. | 我们曾坐火车去过一次特区 |
[26:32] | We played I Spy. | 玩《谁是间谍》的游戏 |
[26:34] | That’s a nice story, Mike, but we are not playing I Spy. | 故事很动人 迈克 但我们不会玩的 |
[26:37] | I’ll play. It’ll remind me of Dominating Esther on our trips | 我玩 让我想起去看臭烘烘的芙丽塔的路上 |
[26:39] | to see our smelly Aunt Frida. | 玩的《独裁者以斯帖》 |
[26:41] | All right, if it will get you and Mike talking, sure. | 好吧 如果这能让你和迈克说说话 |
[26:45] | I spy a fraud | 我侦查到一个骗子 |
[26:46] | who probably never even knew his grandmother. | 他可能从来都不了解自己奶奶 |
[26:49] | All right, God damn it, you got a problem with me, | 够了 你如果对我有意见 |
[26:50] | take it up with me, | 直接跟我说 |
[26:51] | but don’t ever talk about my grandmother again. | 别扯到我奶奶身上 |
[26:53] | Oh, I forgot, | 我差点忘了 |
[26:53] | the poor orphan from New York City | 那个从纽约来的可怜孤儿 |
[26:55] | who I should feel sorry for because he never learned to drive. | 我应该为他从没学过开车而感到同情 |
[26:58] | I’m telling you, watch yourself. | 我警告你 管好自己的嘴 |
[26:59] | Why? Because I hurt your feelings? | 为什么 因为我伤害你感情了吗 |
[27:00] | – Louis! – I don’t care. | -路易 -我才不在乎呢 |
[27:01] | For all I know, you’re probably not even an orphan. | 据我所知 你可能根本不是个孤儿 |
[27:03] | Louis! | 路易 |
[27:03] | It sure as hell wouldn’t be the first time a con man | 骗子讲这类故事 |
[27:05] | tried to make that claim. | 可不是第一回了 |
[27:06] | – That’s enough. – No, it isn’t. | -够了 -不 不够 |
[27:08] | Yes, it is. Pull the car over right now. | 确实够了 靠边停车 |
[27:09] | I’m gonna beat the shit out of him. | 我要好好揍他一顿 |
[27:19] | Hey, you got a minute? | 你有空吗 |
[27:20] | Oh, wait. Let me turn my back, | 等等 让我先转过身 |
[27:22] | so I can give you the right angle to— | 找个合适的角度让你捅… |
[27:23] | You were right. We should have stuck together. | 你是对的 我们本该团结一致的 |
[27:28] | I get it– you need my help, | 我知道了 你想让我帮忙 |
[27:29] | because you got your ass wiped in court this morning. | 因为你今天早晨被打了个屁滚尿流 |
[27:31] | You’re right. I did get my ass kicked this morning, | 你说得对 我今天早晨确实被打败了 |
[27:35] | but it wasn’t a fair fight. | 但那并不是一场公平的战斗 |
[27:37] | What are you talking about? | 你在说什么 |
[27:37] | Hardman accessed my computer | 哈德曼登陆了我的电脑 |
[27:39] | and fed the other side my game plan. | 把我的计划发给了对手 |
[27:42] | Okay, I’m still waiting for the part | 你说的这些 |
[27:44] | where I’m supposed to give a shit. | 我毫不关心 |
[27:45] | Hardman did it because I refused to dump McKernon | 哈德曼这样做是因为我拒绝为了弗莱彻 |
[27:48] | for Fletcher after I gave him my word. | 对我承诺过的麦肯诺食言 |
[27:50] | And why should I help you | 你也一直对我食言 |
[27:51] | when you couldn’t live up to your word to me? | 我又为什么要帮你 |
[27:52] | I did live up to my word. | 我没有对你食言 |
[27:54] | – We went to Daniel– – Oh, bullshit. | -我们一起去找了丹尼尔 -胡扯 |
[27:55] | No, it’s not bullshit. | 不 这不是胡扯 |
[27:57] | I welcomed your idea with open arms, | 我欣然接受了你的意见 |
[27:59] | and by the way, when he asked whose idea it was, | 而且当他问这是谁的主意时 |
[28:01] | I gave you the credit. | 我把功劳全给了你 |
[28:02] | You see, Harvey, that’s the part you will never understand. | 哈维 这就是你不明白的地方 |
[28:05] | I didn’t want the credit. | 我不想要什么功劳 |
[28:07] | I wanted us to be a team. | 我想要我们成为一个团队 |
[28:09] | Then let’s be a team right now. | 那让我们成为一个团队 |
[28:10] | But you don’t want to be a team. | 可你并不真心想要一个团队 |
[28:11] | You want me to help you get McKernon | 你想要让我帮你搞定麦肯诺 |
[28:12] | so you can make partner. | 你好当上合伙人 |
[28:14] | I want you to help me so I can keep my word to Avery McKernon. | 我希望你帮我实现我对艾弗里·麦肯诺的承诺 |
[28:17] | And when I become partner, | 然后等我当上合伙人以后 |
[28:19] | I’ll keep my word to you. | 我会严守我对你的承诺 |
[28:22] | What the hell word is that? | 什么承诺 |
[28:23] | That someday what you wrote on that napkin | 承诺有一天你写在餐巾纸上的那些字 |
[28:26] | goes up on the goddamn wall. | 能够真正挂在那面墙上 |
[28:34] | You seem to have done a lot of work here, Mike. | 看起来你很用功啊 迈克 |
[28:36] | Oh, it’s no big deal. | 没什么大不了的 |
[28:37] | It is a big deal. | 这很重要 |
[28:39] | Mike found a loophole in the Immigration Act of 1975, | 迈克在1975年移民法中找到了一个漏洞 |
[28:42] | and it’s gonna blow you away. | 会让你大吃一惊的 |
[28:44] | I don’t know about that, | 那我说不准 |
[28:45] | but it may help Hector Suarez stay in the country. | 不过这确实可能帮海克特·苏雷兹留下 |
[28:47] | That’s great. | 那太棒了 |
[28:48] | And you’re more than welcome to stay and watch. | 而且我非常欢迎你留下看庭审情况 |
[28:51] | Unfortunately, Claire, | 不幸的是 克莱尔 |
[28:51] | I need you to run back to the office. | 我需要你回办公室一趟 |
[28:53] | Marshall called in sick. | 马歇尔请病假了 |
[28:54] | I need someone to handle the walk-ins, so… | 我需要有人接待无预约委托人 所以 |
[28:57] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[29:00] | Call me. Tell me how it goes. | 打电话告诉我情况怎么样 |
[29:02] | Yeah. | 好 |
[29:12] | What the hell are you doing? That’s– | 你这是在干什么 那… |
[29:13] | Gonna keep Hector Suarez in the country? | 帮海克特·苏雷兹留下 |
[29:16] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[29:17] | Yeah, nothing’s gonna keep him in the country. | 没有任何办法能帮他留下 |
[29:18] | So what I’m going to do is I’m gonna buy him some time | 我要做的就是帮他争取一点时间 |
[29:20] | so he can get his affairs in order, | 让他把事情安排好 |
[29:22] | and then I’m gonna give his children a chance to stay. | 然后我会争取让他的孩子有机会留下 |
[29:24] | I’m just–I’m–I’m sorry. | 我只是… 抱歉 |
[29:26] | Are you jealous of me and Claire or… | 你是在嫉妒我和克莱尔吗 |
[29:29] | Hey, look, I’m not jealous, and I was waiting | 我没有嫉妒 而且我一直 |
[29:31] | for her to leave to save you the embarrassment. | 等到她离开 免得你尴尬 |
[29:33] | The embarrassment of what? | 尴尬什么 |
[29:35] | That’s good work. | 我的工作做得很好 |
[29:36] | I’m not talking about the work. | 我说的不是这个 |
[29:38] | I’m talking about your “bike messenger by day, | 我说的是你那套”白天送信 |
[29:40] | law student by night” bullshit. | 晚上上法学院”的胡话 |
[29:42] | All right, you don’t know what you’re talking about. | 你不知道自己在说什么 |
[29:43] | What are you gonna tell me next? | 你接下来还要告诉我什么 |
[29:45] | Your roommate is a stripper who’s in medical school? | 你的室友是个上医学院的脱衣舞男吗 |
[29:48] | Tell me right now–I call Columbia, | 告诉我 如果我现在打给哥伦比亚 |
[29:49] | your story holds up. | 你的故事能得到证实 |
[29:54] | That’s what I thought. | 正如我所料 |
[29:55] | Forget who I am, and take a look at that folder. | 别管我是谁 先看看那些文件行吗 |
[29:57] | – This is a man’s life. – Don’t touch me. | -这关乎一个人的生活 -别碰我 |
[29:59] | If you know what’s good for you, | 如果你知道为自己好 |
[30:00] | you’ll stay the hell away from Claire. | 就该离克莱尔远远的 |
[30:12] | Daniel… | 丹尼尔 |
[30:13] | Did you know that some of these species | 你知不知道有些特殊的品种 |
[30:16] | can live up to 200 years? | 可以活两百年 |
[30:19] | Fascinating. | 太神奇了 |
[30:20] | Did you know Fletcher Engines is picking up the pieces? | 那你知道弗莱彻引擎公司被打得丢盔卸甲吗 |
[30:25] | I guess congratulations are in order. | 我猜我应该恭喜你 |
[30:26] | I not here for a pat on the back. | 我来不是为了你的表扬 |
[30:28] | I’m here to tell you you’re making me partner. | 我来是告诉你 你得让我当合伙人 |
[30:30] | Partner? | 合伙人 |
[30:32] | I never said signing McKernon was the key to making partner. | 我从没说过签下麦肯诺就可以当合伙人 |
[30:35] | – Yes, you– – All I said was landing them could go a long way | -你说过 -我说的只是签下他们 |
[30:38] | toward making your case. | 会大大增加你的优势 |
[30:40] | Bullshit. | 胡扯 |
[30:40] | You said partnership was on the table. | 你说会任命新合伙人 |
[30:42] | And I said I was gonna hold you to it. | 而且我说过不会让你食言 |
[30:44] | And I’m going to right now. | 现在我就要去 |
[30:47] | You don’t hold me to anything. | 你没权利让我做任何事情 |
[30:53] | But I did say partnership was on the table, | 不过我确实说过会决定合伙人 |
[30:56] | and it is… | 我也确实做了决定 |
[30:57] | just not for you. | 只不过不是你 |
[31:01] | What are you talking about? | 你在说什么 |
[31:03] | Well, I can’t very well make you partner | 我总不能在告诉路易让他当合伙人后 |
[31:04] | after I just told Louis I’m making him partner. | 再让你当合伙人吧 |
[31:07] | What? | 什么 |
[31:09] | You don’t get it, do you? | 你还不明白 是吗 |
[31:12] | This isn’t about bringing in business. | 这并不在于签下新的委托人 |
[31:15] | This is about figuring out who would do whatever it takes. | 在于找出谁会不惜一切去争取 |
[31:17] | I did whatever it took. | 我不惜一切去争取了 |
[31:19] | You didn’t do a thing. | 你什么都没做 |
[31:21] | You had the chance to triple our business, | 只要你愿意做小人 |
[31:23] | and all you had to do was take a knee. | 就能把我们的生意扩大两倍 |
[31:26] | You mean bend a knee. | 那叫卑躬屈膝 |
[31:27] | Yes, that’s exactly what I mean. | 是的 我就是指这个 |
[31:32] | But you’re an arrogant little boy | 可你就是一个傲慢自大的小男孩 |
[31:33] | who would rather win than get in line. | 宁愿赢也不愿识时务 |
[31:37] | Well, what the hell did Louis do to get in line? | 那路易又怎么识时务了 |
[31:40] | He did whatever it took. | 他付出了一切 |
[31:58] | – Please get away from me. – Claire, wait. | -请离我远点 -克莱尔 等等 |
[31:59] | – Nathan told me everything. – Just let me explain, okay? | -纳森都告诉我了 -让我解释下 好吗 |
[32:01] | No, explain what– that you’re a sociopath? | 解释什么 你是反社会者吗 |
[32:03] | I’m not a sociopath. | 我不是反社会者 |
[32:04] | I’m the same guy that you hit it off with. | 我是之前跟你很合得来的人啊 |
[32:06] | No, you’re not. You lied to me. | 不 你不是 你骗了我 |
[32:07] | Yes, I am, and I didn’t mean to lie to you, okay? | 不 我是 我并不是故意要骗你的 |
[32:09] | I was gonna tell you the truth. | 我本是打算告诉你事实的 |
[32:10] | Then why didn’t you? | 那你为什么不说呢 |
[32:13] | Because you said you wanted to be with a guy | 因为你说你的理想型是个 |
[32:15] | who was doing something good with his life, | 能好好生活 踏实做事的人 |
[32:16] | and I wasn’t. | 但我不是 |
[32:17] | So what, now you’re here to tell me that all of a sudden, | 那又怎样 你现在是来告诉我说突然之间 |
[32:20] | you want to dedicate your life to helping people | 你就想投身于助人为乐的伟大事业了 |
[32:22] | or some other lie like that? | 还是又要撒其他的谎 |
[32:23] | It’s not a lie, and what I did would have helped Hector Suarez. | 我没骗你 我本也能帮到海克特·苏雷兹的 |
[32:26] | Yeah, but you only did it– | 是啊 但是你只是为了… |
[32:28] | Claire, please, you have to believe me. | 克莱尔 求你了 你得相信我 |
[32:29] | After I met you, I decided to get my shit together. | 遇见你之后 我就打算要重新做人了 |
[32:32] | I am trying to get my shit together. | 我正在努力重新开始 |
[32:34] | Okay, Mike, you know what I hate more | 好了 迈克 你知道比起 |
[32:36] | than guys who don’t have their shit together? | 生活一团糟 我更恨的是什么吗 |
[32:39] | It’s guys who lie about getting their shit together. | 就是骗人说你在重新开始 |
[32:46] | Claire. | 克莱尔 |
[32:53] | Louis, fill up the tank. I’ll be back. | 路易 加满油 我马上回来 |
[33:02] | Well? | 动手吧 |
[33:06] | Well, what? | 动什么手 |
[33:07] | You heard what he said. Fill up the tank. | 你听到他说的了 加油啊 |
[33:09] | Yeah, I did hear what he said. | 对 我的确听到了 |
[33:10] | He said, “Louis, fill up the tank.” | 他说的是 路易 把油加满 |
[33:16] | Well, where I come from, it’s people who didn’t go to college | 可是 在我们那儿 给车加油这种事 |
[33:18] | who fill up gas tanks. | 是没上过大学的人干的 |
[33:19] | Yeah, and where I come from, | 嗯 可是在我们那儿 |
[33:21] | if you take another step towards me– | 你要是再朝前走一步 |
[33:22] | Oh, what, the tough kid from the city is gonna beat my ass? | 噢 怎样 城里来的小霸王要揍我了吗 |
[33:23] | Louis, I’m telling you right now… | 路易 我再警告你一次 |
[33:29] | You ruined my life. You ruined my firm. | 你毁了我的人生 你还毁了我的律所 |
[33:33] | Louis! | 路易 |
[34:00] | You son of a bitch. | 贱人 |
[34:03] | Wait. Harvey– | 等等 哈维 |
[34:03] | Tell me right now you weren’t the one | 现在就告诉我 不是你 |
[34:05] | that gave Fletcher Engines my game plan. | 把我的计划透露给了弗莱彻引擎公司 |
[34:08] | Hardman told me he wasn’t gonna make you partner anyway. | 哈德曼跟我说 他本来就没想让你做合伙人 |
[34:11] | And once he offered it to me, all I had to do was– | 他把这个机会给我 我只要 |
[34:13] | Sell me out. | 出卖我 |
[34:14] | How is what I did any different than you going after | 我现在做的 跟你当初 |
[34:17] | McKernon Motors in the first place? | 争麦肯诺汽车公司时有什么区别 |
[34:19] | If you don’t understand that on your own, you never will. | 如果你不能自己想明白 那你永远也不会懂 |
[34:22] | So, from now on, you stay on your side of the yard. | 所以 从现在开始 你走你的阳关道 |
[34:25] | – I’ll stay on mine. – No, Harvey, listen to me. | -我过我的独木桥 -哈维 听我说 |
[34:27] | You told me you would fight to get our names on the wall | 你告诉过我只要你能获得地位 |
[34:29] | once you got on the other side. | 就会为我们的名字上墙而努力 |
[34:30] | I can do the same for you. | 我也可以这样做 |
[34:32] | Did you hear what I just said? | 你有听到我刚刚说的吗 |
[34:33] | I don’t want you doing shit for me. | 我不想要你为我做什么 |
[34:35] | Oh, so it would be okay if you were the one | 所以你做那个先成功的英雄 |
[34:37] | who got there first? | 就没有问题了吗 |
[34:38] | It would have been okay if you got there first | 要是你能先成功也可以啊 |
[34:40] | fair and square, | 只要你光明正大 |
[34:41] | because then I would have believed you | 这样等你想跟我齐心协力的时候 |
[34:43] | when you said you wanted to be a team. | 我才能相信你 |
[34:45] | I do want to be a team, Harvey. | 我的确想跟你齐心协力 哈维 |
[34:46] | That’s why I helped you after. | 所以之后我帮了你 |
[34:48] | No, you don’t! | 你没有 |
[34:50] | You don’t want to be a team. | 你不想组成团队 |
[34:51] | You just want to have it both ways, | 你是想鱼和熊掌兼得 |
[34:53] | because you’re a disloyal rat. | 因为你是个不忠诚的叛徒 |
[34:55] | You always have been, and you always will, | 不管你门上贴了什么 |
[34:56] | no matter what it says on your door. | 现在 将来 你都只是个叛徒 |
[35:02] | Well, like you said, we’ve been pitted against each other | 就像你说的 我们从第一天起 |
[35:04] | since day one. | 就已经是对手 |
[35:07] | You asked how many of the 50 associates we started with | 你问我当初一起的那50个初级律师 |
[35:10] | would make partner. | 有多少会变成合伙人 |
[35:12] | Well, you know what? I don’t give a shit about the other 49, | 其实 我一点也不在乎剩下的49个人 |
[35:14] | because I’m the one who did. | 因为我成为了合伙人 |
[35:17] | I’m the one who did. | 我 成为了合伙人 |
[35:20] | And now get the hell out of my face, | 现在请你滚远一点 |
[35:21] | because I have work to do. | 我还有工作要做 |
[35:40] | You know he did that on purpose, right? | 你知道他是故意的吧 |
[35:42] | Did what on purpose? | 故意什么 |
[35:44] | He asked you to fill the tank because he knew what you’d do. | 他叫你去加油是因为他知道你会怎么做 |
[35:47] | Knew what I would do? | 知道我会怎么做 |
[35:47] | What about what you would do? | 怎么不说他知道你会怎么做 |
[35:50] | He knew that too. | 那个他也知道 |
[35:55] | Louis… | 路易 |
[35:56] | You never even said you were sorry. | 你连对不起都没跟我说过 |
[36:05] | I am sorry, Louis. | 对不起 路易 |
[36:08] | I’m sorry that I lied to you. | 很抱歉我骗了你 |
[36:12] | I’m not a con man, Louis. | 但我不是骗子 路易 |
[36:15] | Every single other thing I ever told you was true. | 我跟你说的其他事都是真的 |
[36:26] | Want to know something that | 想知道点 |
[36:28] | I’ve never even admitted to myself? | 我自己都不敢承认的事吗 |
[36:35] | I never learned to drive for the same reason | 我没学开车跟我没上法学院 |
[36:37] | I never went to law school. | 背后的原因是一样的 |
[36:40] | Both my parents were killed in a car accident. | 因为我的双亲死于一场车祸 |
[36:42] | And ever since then, I’ve never been able to– | 从那之后 我再也不敢… |
[36:47] | Get behind the wheel. | 坐在方向盘前 |
[36:52] | And then Harvey gave me a license, and I took it. | 后来哈维给我驾照 我也收了 |
[36:58] | You were 11 years old. | 你那时才11岁啊 |
[37:04] | I mean, you must have felt so alone. | 你肯定觉得很孤独 |
[37:10] | I thought you said you didn’t believe I was an orphan. | 我以为你不相信我是个孤儿呢 |
[37:14] | I looked it up. | 我查过 |
[37:18] | I had to once I found out that you never went to law school. | 一发现你没上过法学院我就忍不住去查了 |
[37:20] | You mean once you found out that I’m a fraud. | 你是说一发现我是个骗子么 |
[37:23] | You’re not a fraud, Mike. | 你不是骗子 迈克 |
[37:28] | You just never went to law school. | 你只是没上过法学院罢了 |
[37:31] | Okay, Frazier, you get a grape. | 好啦 弗雷泽[拳击手] 给你葡萄味的 |
[37:36] | Ali, I got you a fruit punch. | 阿里 给你混合果味的 |
[37:41] | You two work your shit out? | 你们俩和好了吗 |
[37:45] | I’ll take that as a yes. Let’s get the hell out of here. | 就当是了 那我们走吧 |
[38:01] | I should never have lied to her. | 我不该骗她的 |
[38:03] | Oh, screw her, man. | 诶 去她的吧 兄弟 |
[38:05] | If she doesn’t like you for who you are, | 要是她不喜欢你本来的样子 |
[38:06] | she doesn’t deserve you. | 她就不值得拥有你 |
[38:07] | It’s not Claire’s fault. It’s mine. | 这不是克莱尔的错 是我的错 |
[38:09] | I know you were into her and everything, | 我知道你很喜欢她 |
[38:12] | but trust me, | 但相信我 |
[38:13] | there are plenty of other fish in the sea. | 天涯何处无芳草 |
[38:15] | You don’t know that. | 你又不是先知 |
[38:16] | For all you know, I’m never gonna meet | 就我而言 我不可能再遇到 |
[38:17] | another girl like her again. | 像她这样的女孩了 |
[38:19] | Michael– | 迈克… |
[38:20] | Trevor, if I’m gonna have to listen | 特雷弗 要是你想让我听 |
[38:21] | to whatever you’re about to say, | 你接下来要说的话 |
[38:22] | I’m gonna need a joint first. | 那就得先给我来根大麻烟 |
[38:24] | Come on, I thought you were trying to turn your life around. | 天呐 你不是要重新开始人生么 |
[38:27] | I’ll turn my life around tomorrow. | 我明天再重生吧 |
[38:29] | But tonight I’m a bike messenger, so… | 今晚我还是个送信的 所以… |
[38:31] | – Dude– – Trevor. | -老兄 -特雷弗 |
[38:36] | All right. | 好吧 |
[38:37] | Fine. | 很好 |
[38:40] | And I know Grammy doesn’t want you living here, | 我知道奶奶不想让你住这里 |
[38:42] | but you can crash here tonight if you want. | 但你愿意的话 今晚可以留下 |
[38:56] | Donna. | 唐娜 |
[38:59] | Something wrong? | 出了什么事吗 |
[39:01] | Why would something be wrong? | 为什么你会觉得出事了 |
[39:02] | Because I don’t believe you’ve ever been in my office before. | 因为我不记得你进过我办公室 |
[39:06] | No, nothing’s wrong. | 没有 没出事 |
[39:09] | And I know it’s not my place, | 我知道这话不该我来说 |
[39:10] | but I’m here to tell you that I think you’re making a mistake. | 但我来告诉你 我觉得你犯了错误 |
[39:13] | Is this about me not giving people off for Columbus Day? | 是因为哥伦比亚纪念日不放假的事吗 |
[39:17] | You know this isn’t about that. | 你知道不是 |
[39:21] | Harvey laid it on the line with Daniel, | 哈维跟丹尼尔说了实话 |
[39:22] | and you didn’t have his back. | 可你没有支持他 |
[39:24] | Donna, I’ve had Harvey’s back since the day I met him. | 唐娜 从我认识哈维起就一直在支持他 |
[39:28] | For your information, | 告诉你一声 |
[39:28] | when I found out what Daniel was up to, | 我一发现丹尼尔要做什么 |
[39:30] | I had him guarantee partnership was on the table. | 就让他保证了合伙人选拔要公开 |
[39:33] | And then you let him give it to the wrong man. | 而之后你让他把那个位置给了错误的人 |
[39:35] | That is on Harvey, not on me. | 那是哈维的问题 不是我的 |
[39:37] | What are you talking about? | 你在说什么 |
[39:40] | Daniel was worried that Harvey couldn’t | 丹尼尔担心哈维不能 |
[39:42] | put the firm’s best interests ahead of his own, | 把律所的利益置于他自身利益之上 |
[39:45] | and Harvey proved him right. | 哈维又证明了他顾虑得对 |
[39:47] | Or maybe you’re just telling yourself that | 也许只是你这么骗自己 |
[39:49] | because you don’t want to stand up to Daniel Hardman. | 因为你不想跟丹尼尔·哈德曼对抗 |
[39:52] | Donna, there’s a reason why you are where you are | 唐娜 你在你的位置 我在我的位置 |
[39:55] | and I am where I am, | 都是有道理的 |
[39:57] | and that is because one of us sees the bigger picture. | 因为我们中有个人能看到大局 |
[40:03] | You knew about Fletcher Engines? | 你知道弗莱彻引擎公司的事 |
[40:05] | What I know is that Harvey’s time will come. | 我知道哈维的好日子会到的 |
[40:08] | And if this little incident gets him to think about other people | 而如果这个小事件能让他考虑别人 |
[40:11] | for a change, then I’ll take it. | 有点改变 我会接受的 |
[40:21] | You’re up early. | 你起得很早 |
[40:22] | I’m up early, because I couldn’t sleep. | 我起得早是因为没睡着 |
[40:27] | Where we you all night? | 你一晚上去哪了 |
[40:31] | You know where I was. | 你知道我去哪了 |
[40:36] | I was staying at my new apartment. | 我在新公寓住 |
[40:38] | I thought we’d settled this. | 我以为我们已经决定好了 |
[40:40] | You settled it. I didn’t. | 你决定了 我还没有 |
[40:45] | I’m telling you, that kid– | 我跟你说 那个孩子… |
[40:46] | Grammy, for as long as I can remember, | 奶奶 从我记事起 |
[40:48] | you’ve been calling him “That kid” | 你就一直叫他”那孩子” |
[40:49] | or “That boy” or worse. | “那小子” 有时更糟 |
[40:52] | His name is Trevor. | 他叫特雷弗 |
[40:55] | And he’s my best friend. | 他是我最好的朋友 |
[40:59] | Look, I’m gonna do this thing with or without your blessing, | 无论你是否祝福我 我都要做这件事 |
[41:02] | but… | 但… |
[41:06] | it sure would be nice to have it. | 有你的祝福更好 |
[41:10] | Okay, Michael. | 好吧 迈克 |
[41:12] | I’m not gonna lie to you and pretend I approve, | 我不会跟你说谎 假装同意 |
[41:16] | but… | 但… |
[41:18] | you’re a grown man, and I respect your decision. | 你是大人了 我尊重你的决定 |
[41:29] | I love you, Grammy. | 我爱你 奶奶 |
[41:32] | I love you too. | 我也爱你 |
[41:39] | Thank you. | 谢谢你 |
[41:40] | I believe that’s all I need to know. | 我就需要了解这些 |
[41:42] | Thank you for your time, Ms. Pearson. | 谢谢您花时间面试 皮尔逊女士 |
[41:44] | I will wait to hear from you. | 我会等您的回信 |
[41:49] | Oh, one more thing– | 还有一件事 |
[41:51] | does your father know you came to me for a job? | 你父亲知道你来找我求职吗 |
[41:57] | I-I– | 我… |
[41:57] | Did you really think I didn’t know | 你真以为我不知道 |
[41:58] | you were Robert Zane’s daughter? | 你是罗伯特·赞恩的女儿吗 |
[42:01] | Is that why you’re interviewing me? | 你是因为那个才面试我吗 |
[42:04] | Because if it is, | 如果是的 |
[42:05] | I would like to remove myself from consideration. | 我希望我从备选名单上除名 |
[42:08] | If you don’t want to work for your father, | 你不想给你父亲工作 |
[42:10] | that’s your business. | 那是你的事 |
[42:12] | I’m hiring you because I like what I see. | 我雇你是因为我喜欢自己看到的特质 |
[42:15] | Hiring me? | 雇我 |
[42:16] | You start Monday, if that’s not too much trouble. | 周一开始上班 如果没问题的话 |
[42:19] | I will be the first one in. | 我会第一个来上班的 |
[42:27] | Aren’t you gonna ask me why I don’t want to work with my father? | 你不问我为什么不想为我父亲工作吗 |
[42:29] | I know why. | 我知道原因 |
[42:31] | I have a dad just like yours. | 我有个跟你一样的父亲 |
[42:33] | He has his own law firm? | 他也有自己的律所 |
[42:34] | He’s a surgeon. | 他是外科医生 |
[42:36] | But it’s the same damn thing. | 但其实是一样的 |
[42:53] | – How are we on time? – We’re perfect. | -时间准吗 -时间刚刚好 |
[42:55] | But I’m not going in there. You two are. | 但我不进去了 你俩去 |
[42:56] | What are you talking about? | 你说什么呢 |
[42:58] | I said I was giving you 50% of McKernon. | 我说过要把麦肯诺的一半业务给你 |
[43:00] | I didn’t say I was keeping the other 50%. | 但没说我会保留另一半 |
[43:04] | Oh, so you finally realized they need an upgrade | 你终于意识到他们的代理 |
[43:07] | in representation. | 需要升级了 |
[43:08] | Easy, Frazier. | 悠着点 弗雷泽 |
[43:09] | You’d still be out cold at that gas station | 要不是我救你 |
[43:11] | if I hadn’t saved your ass. | 你还在加油站冻着呢 |
[43:12] | Okay, I would have gotten out… eventually. | 我最终总能活着出去的… |
[43:15] | – Not from where I was standing. – I’m slippery. | -我看不会 -我很狡猾的 |
[43:17] | I told you– I wrestled in high school. | 我说过 我在高中玩摔跤的 |
[43:18] | – I checked on that. He did. – See? | -我查过 他是玩过 -看见了吧 |
[43:20] | Oh, and now you’re fighting for him? | 现在你要帮他了 |
[43:22] | Okay, I guess my job here is done. | 那我想这里没我事了 |
[43:24] | Wait, where are you going? | 等等 你去哪 |
[43:26] | I’m taking the car, back to the city. | 我把车开回城里去 |
[43:27] | What the hell we suppose to do? | 我们要怎么办 |
[43:29] | Ray is wating on the other side of the parking, isn’t he? | 雷在停车场那头等着呢 对吗 |
[43:32] | He’ll drive you two back when you’re done | 你们办完事 他载你们回去 |
[43:34] | Wait, you know, I have a better idea. | 等等 我有个更好的主意 |
[43:36] | How about you take Ray, we take the car, | 你带走雷 我们开车 |
[43:38] | and I’ll teach Mike how to drive on the way home. | 回去路上我教迈克开车怎么样 |
[43:40] | You’d actually do that? | 你真愿意教我 |
[43:42] | Yeah, I would. | 愿意 |
[43:43] | No way. | 坚决不行 |
[43:44] | You don’t trust me? | 你不相信我 |
[43:45] | I don’t trust you as far as I can throw you, | 我就是不信任你 |
[43:46] | you’re a god damn fraud. | 你是个骗子 |
[43:47] | That’s what I said. | 那是我的话 |
[43:48] | Harvey, seriously, I promise… | 哈维 说真的 我保证… |
[43:49] | Okay, I know you will. | 好了 我知道 |
[43:51] | Louis, you make one dent in the car, | 路易 车被蹭一点 |
[43:54] | Mike’s back on the street, your name’s off the door. | 迈克重新失业 你办公室门上名字也别要了 |
[43:59] | You think he’s serious about what he said? | 你觉得他刚才说的是认真的吗 |
[44:02] | Come on. | 走吧 |
[44:02] | Just a little nervous, | 我有点紧张 |
[44:04] | cause I feel like I drank the power drink, | 我感觉像喝了烈酒 |
[44:06] | has a lot soda in it, | 里头掺了好多苏打水 |
[44:07] | – actrually, it’s a dirty hot dog, – Okay. | -但其实是坏热狗 -好吧 |
[44:09] | the doctor says it raise my blood pressure. | 医生说那东西升高了我的血压 |
[44:10] | I would let me to give the talk. | 一会儿我来说话吧 |