时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:07] | You took this case without running it by me. | 你没经过我的允许就接了这个案子 |
[00:09] | – Jessica– – That’s enough. Dump it. | -杰西卡 -够了 撤销 |
[00:11] | Or I will. | 否则我去撤销 |
[00:12] | You think this case is a winner? | 你觉得这案子能赢吗 |
[00:13] | I do. | 能赢 |
[00:14] | Then what do you say we do it together? | 那你觉得我们一起做如何 |
[00:15] | I’m afraid you’re gonna end up hating each other. | 我怕你们最终会憎恨对方 |
[00:17] | If I’m lucky, I’m gonna fight with him about a lot of things. | 如果我足够幸运的话将会因为很多事情和他争斗 |
[00:20] | Why not start with a fight where we’re both on the same side? | 所以为什么不以一次站在同一边的斗争作为开始呢 |
[00:22] | This is harvey’s last three income statements, | 这是哈维最近三个案子的收益表 |
[00:24] | and I found them sitting in the copy machine. | 我发现它们被放在复印机里 |
[00:26] | You came to work for me. | 是你主动为我工作的 |
[00:27] | You knew who I was when you did, | 你做决定的时候知道我是什么样的人 |
[00:29] | so now it’s time for you to decide. | 你该作出决定了 |
[00:30] | Are you with me or not? | 你到底要不要站在我这边 |
[00:31] | You always said, once you pick a side, | 因为你总说 “人一旦选择了立场 |
[00:33] | if you’re not loyal to that side, | 就要忠于他的立场 |
[00:35] | then who the hell are you? | 不然他算什么人呢” |
[00:36] | You should’ve thought of that before you picked someone | 那你在选择一个会做出这种事的人之前 |
[00:37] | who would do something like this in the first place. | 就该好好想想 |
[00:40] | You ever take sides with Jack Soloff against me again, | 你再跟杰克·索罗夫一伙儿 |
[00:43] | I will bury you. | 我会灭了你 |
[00:51] | Well, you look happy. | 你看起来很开心啊 |
[00:53] | Becky just tell Susie she like-likes you? | 是贝琪刚告诉苏西她确实很喜欢你吗 |
[00:55] | Eh, more like Kelton insurance just told Robert Zane | 其实是凯尔顿保险刚告诉罗伯特·赞恩 |
[00:57] | they’re scared-scared of us. | 他们确实很害怕我们 |
[00:59] | You got a settlement offer? | 你们收到和解报价了 |
[01:00] | Just like he said we would. | 就像他说的那样 |
[01:01] | I got to hand it to him, he played them perfectly. | 不得不表扬他一下 他把他们耍得很漂亮 |
[01:03] | Did he now? | 是吗 |
[01:05] | What? | 什么 |
[01:06] | Nothing. | 没事 |
[01:07] | Look, I take it back about Becky. | 听着 我收回关于贝琪的话 |
[01:09] | The only one with a crush around here is you. | 这里唯一春心萌动的人是你 |
[01:11] | Sounds like someone’s worried that Robert Zane | 看来有些人担心罗伯特·赞恩 |
[01:12] | might be better than him. | 也许会比他强 |
[01:13] | Nice try, Tiger, but did Magic ever worry about Bird? | 想得美 泰格 但魔术师什么时候怕过伯德 |
[01:16] | First of all, yes, he did. | 首先 是的 他怕过 |
[01:18] | Second of all, you realize | 其次 你有没有意识到 |
[01:19] | you’re the white guy in this scenario, right? | 在这个比喻里你才是白人 |
[01:20] | I know I’m the bigger badass in every scenario. | 我知道在任何比喻里我都是比较厉害的那个 |
[01:22] | Okay, Mr. Badass, which one are you, Magic or Bird? | 好吧厉害先生 你是谁 魔术师还是伯德 |
[01:25] | I think we both know I’m… | 我觉得我们都很清楚我是 |
[01:26] | Jordan. | 乔丹 |
[01:28] | Hey, why don’t you go meet your boyfriend Robert Zane? | 不如你去找你的男友罗伯特·赞恩吧 |
[01:31] | I think I just left something at security. | 我好像落了东西在保安那里 |
[01:33] | Oh. Look who like-likes someone now. | 看看现在是谁喜欢某人了 |
[01:37] | Ma’am, the last time I let someone up | 女士 上次我放了 |
[01:39] | that he wasn’t expecting, | 没有预约的人上去 |
[01:40] | he threatened to have me executed. | 他威胁要把我处决 |
[01:42] | I’m sure he did, but I’m telling you that– | 我知道他肯定是那样说的 但我跟你说 |
[01:45] | That Gretchen obviously forgot to phone down, Carl, | 格蕾琴肯定是忘了打电话下来了 卡尔 |
[01:47] | because we have a meeting scheduled for right now. | 因为我们约了就这个时间开会 |
[01:50] | That isn’t what she just– | 但她刚才不是这么… |
[01:51] | Carl. | 卡尔 |
[01:58] | A meeting with you. Really? | 和你开会 真的吗 |
[02:01] | I promise I’m much better-looking | 我敢向你保证我比 |
[02:02] | than whoever you were supposed to meet. | 你要见的那个人帅 |
[02:04] | You have no idea how right you are. | 你说的太对了 |
[02:07] | But I could have sworn you were just on your way out. | 但我看你好像正要出去 |
[02:10] | Oh, that’s not a problem. | 没关系的 |
[02:11] | The mayor can wait. | 市长可以等 |
[02:12] | But I’m not sure the Governor can. | 但我觉得州长不一定可以 |
[02:15] | Are you trying to out-name-drop me? | 你是在跟我比名头吗 |
[02:17] | If I were, I think I just did. | 如果是的话 我觉得我刚赢了 |
[02:19] | But I’ll let you in on a little secret. | 但我告诉你个小秘密 |
[02:23] | I don’t really care about names that much. | 我一点都不在乎名头 |
[02:25] | Well, if you don’t care about names, | 如果你不在意名头 |
[02:26] | why don’t we skip the introductions | 那我们就跳过自我介绍阶段 |
[02:28] | and just get down to breakfast? | 直接吃早餐吧 |
[02:29] | What if I already had breakfast? | 如果我已经吃过了呢 |
[02:31] | I’m talking about tomorrow morning, in my kitchen. | 我是说明早 在我的厨房 |
[02:34] | Or yours, I mean, you look like you have a nice place. | 或者你的 我是说 你看起来有个好住处 |
[02:40] | As tempting as that is, maybe another time. | 虽然很有诱惑力 但下次吧 |
[02:48] | Good luck in your meeting. | 祝你开会顺利 |
[02:53] | So how’s my favorite pain-in-the-ass lawyer? | 我最喜欢的讨人厌律师最近好吗 |
[02:57] | I thought Louis was your favorite pain-in-the-ass lawyer. | 我以为路易是你最喜欢的讨人厌律师 |
[02:59] | He is, but Louis isn’t responsible | 没错 但我做这个 |
[03:02] | for me getting to work on this. | 可不是为了路易 |
[03:08] | You’re doing the grunt work on our case? | 你在给我们的案子干粗活儿 |
[03:10] | I pulled some strings, thought it might give us | 我托了关系揽下这活儿 觉得这可以 |
[03:12] | a chance to work together. | 让我们有机会一起工作 |
[03:13] | You know I’m engaged, right? | 你知道我已经订婚了 是吧 |
[03:15] | Yes, Mike, that’s my plan, | 是的 迈克 这是我的计划 |
[03:16] | to steal you from my boss’s daughter. | 把你从我老板女儿的身边偷走 |
[03:18] | It’s a thing. It’s been done. | 事实如此 木已成舟 |
[03:22] | Well, I didn’t come here to steal you. | 我不是来偷走你的心的 |
[03:24] | I came here to thank you. | 我是来感谢你的 |
[03:26] | For what? | 为什么 |
[03:27] | Come on, Mike. | 拜托 迈克 |
[03:28] | I get fired, and two days later, | 我被解雇了 而两天后 |
[03:30] | I get an offer from Rachel’s father? | 瑞秋的父亲给我提供了职位 |
[03:33] | Whatever you did, I owe you one. | 不论你是怎么做到的 我都欠你一个人情 |
[03:36] | Actually, you owe Rachel one. | 事实上 你欠瑞秋的人情 |
[03:39] | No shit. | 不是吧 |
[03:40] | Shit. | 就是 |
[03:43] | shiiit. | 该死 |
[03:48] | By the way, you’re in the wrong conference room. | 顺便说 你进错会议室了 |
[03:56] | Okay, Esther, what are you doing here? | 好吧 埃斯特 你来这干什么 |
[03:58] | What, a woman can’t stop by | 怎么 一个女人 不能在路过时 |
[04:00] | to see her brother, who she loves? | 顺便来看看她爱的哥哥吗 |
[04:02] | Please, you know damn well we don’t love each other. | 拜托 你太清楚了 我们之间没爱 |
[04:05] | In that case, I need a lawyer. | 这么说的话 我要请律师 |
[04:09] | You? For what? | 你 要律师干嘛 |
[04:10] | Did you give someone salmonella with your stupid muffins? | 你卖的松饼让人感染沙门氏菌了吗 |
[04:13] | I’m getting a divorce. | 我要离婚 |
[04:19] | Well, good. | 好吧 |
[04:20] | I knew that guy was dead weight the second I met him. | 我第一次见他就觉得他是个累赘 |
[04:22] | I know, I think that was your speech at our wedding. | 我知道 你在婚礼致辞的时候就这么说的 |
[04:25] | And your sympathy is touching, | 你的同情很感人 |
[04:26] | but I didn’t come here to vindicate you. | 但我不是跑来证明你有多正确的 |
[04:29] | No, I know you didn’t. | 我知道 |
[04:30] | You came to get me | 你是来让我 |
[04:32] | to slaughter Jeffrey for you, and I will. | 帮你干掉杰弗里的 我会的 |
[04:34] | When I’m done with him, he won’t have a pot to shit in. | 等我收拾完 他想拉屎都没有夜壶用 |
[04:36] | It’s “Piss in”. | 夜壶是用来尿的 |
[04:38] | And, Louis, I don’t want you to slaughter Jeffrey. | 路易 我不想让你干掉杰弗里 |
[04:41] | Why the hell not? | 为什么 |
[04:42] | Because I want Harvey Specter to. | 因为我想让哈维·斯佩克特来做 |
[04:43] | Come again? | 再说一遍 |
[04:44] | You said he was the best attorney in the city. | 你说过 他是城里最好的律师 |
[04:46] | No, Esther, I told you he was my best friend. | 不 埃斯特 我说的是他是我最好的朋友 |
[04:48] | Which is exactly what you said | 十年级的时候 |
[04:49] | about Jeremy Henschell in tenth grade, | 你也是这么说杰里米·翰舍的 |
[04:51] | which really meant | 而这句话真正的意思是 |
[04:52] | you worshipped him from afar, | 你远远地崇拜着他 |
[04:54] | you wrote in your diary about him, | 写的日记都是关于他的 |
[04:56] | and you never actually hung out. | 而且你俩都没一起玩过 |
[04:58] | Okay, you swore you never read my diary. | 你发誓说没过看我的日记 |
[05:00] | And you swore you didn’t spy on me and Jeremy. | 你也发誓说没偷窥我和杰里米 |
[05:02] | Oh, please, that was one time. | 拜托 就那么一次 |
[05:03] | I was on my way to get a glass of milk. | 我是要去拿杯牛奶 |
[05:04] | And for your information, | 而且你可能不知道 |
[05:05] | I’ve been lactose intolerant ever since. | 从那以后 我一直乳糖过敏 |
[05:07] | Louis, are you gonna get me Harvey, | 路易 是你帮我找哈维 |
[05:08] | or do I have to get him myself? | 还是我自己去找 |
[05:10] | Harvey is not taking on any new clients right now, | 哈维现在不接新客户 |
[05:13] | and he’s out of town for the next few years. | 而且未来几年都不在城里 |
[05:18] | Louis, I know what you’re doing. | 路易 我知道你什么意思 |
[05:21] | You think I want Harvey | 你以为我找哈维 |
[05:22] | because I don’t think you’re good enough. | 是因为我觉得你不够好 |
[05:25] | You’re wrong. | 你错了 |
[05:27] | I know how good you are. | 我知道你有多出色 |
[05:29] | But this is personal for me, | 但这是我的私事 |
[05:30] | which means it will be personal for you, | 那就意味着 那也是你的私事 |
[05:32] | and I can’t have that. | 我不能让你参与 |
[05:36] | So please, will you get me Harvey? | 所以拜托 帮我去找哈维好吗 |
[05:41] | I’ll make it happen. | 我帮你找哈维 |
[05:45] | Thank you, Louis. | 谢谢 路易 |
[05:54] | That was Esther? | 刚才那是埃斯特 |
[05:56] | Yes, I know what you’re gonna say– | 对 我知道你要说什么 |
[05:56] | we look exactly alike. | 我们是一个模子刻出来的 |
[05:57] | That actually wasn’t… | 我没想说… |
[05:58] | I get it–it’s like looking at me in a wig. | 我知道 我要是带上假发就是那样 |
[06:00] | I’ve heard it a thousand times. | 我已经听过上千遍了 |
[06:01] | Yeah, the resemblance is uncanny. | 对 你们相像得不可思议 |
[06:04] | What? | 怎么了 |
[06:05] | I’m just wondering why you’re not getting up to go ask Harvey. | 我只是好奇你干嘛不赶快起身去找哈维 |
[06:07] | Because I’m not gonna ask him. | 因为我不打算去找他帮忙 |
[06:09] | I’m gonna save some time and tell her he said no. | 我打算省点时间直接告诉她哈维拒绝了 |
[06:11] | – Louis– – Donna, | -路易… -唐娜 |
[06:12] | we all know that Harvey’s furious at me. | 我们都清楚哈维超级生我的气 |
[06:14] | There’s no way he’s gonna do it. | 他没可能会答应帮忙的 |
[06:15] | Maybe not. | 也许是这样 |
[06:18] | But, Louis, she’s family, | 但是 路易 她是你家人 |
[06:20] | and if there’s one thing that Harvey understands, | 要说有什么是哈维能理解的 |
[06:23] | it’s that. | 那就是这个了 |
[06:26] | Where the hell have you been? | 你去哪里了 |
[06:28] | Sorry, I got stuck in really bad traffic. | 抱歉 路上堵死了 |
[06:30] | So you were in the wrong conference room. | 你刚刚进错会议室了 |
[06:32] | For about 20 minutes. | 耽搁了差不多20分钟 |
[06:35] | So what did we get? | 和解金有多少 |
[06:37] | Want to take a guess? | 想要猜猜看吗 |
[06:39] | $90 million. | 九千万 |
[06:40] | Want to take a real guess? | 你还想认真猜猜吗 |
[06:42] | That was a real guess. | 刚刚就是认真的啊 |
[06:44] | Son, what planet are you living on? | 小子 你是哪个外星球来的 |
[06:45] | The planet where you called | 就是那个你管它叫 |
[06:46] | To say we got a great settlement. | “我们得到了很棒的和解协议”的星球 |
[06:48] | $25 million is a great settlement. | 两千五百万就是很棒的和解了 |
[06:51] | $25 million? | 两千五百万 |
[06:52] | Robert, after fees, | 罗伯特 结完各种费用 |
[06:54] | that’s less than $70,000 per person. | 每个人连七万都拿不到 |
[06:56] | Then what do you suggest we counter with? | 那你觉得我们要如何回应 |
[06:58] | I suggest we counter with a trial. | 我建议上庭吧 |
[07:00] | Are you nuts? You don’t go to trial. | 你疯了吗 不能上庭 |
[07:01] | You turn up the pressure, and then you settle. | 只能给他们施压 然后和解 |
[07:03] | Going to trial is turning up the pressure. | 上庭就是施压啊 |
[07:05] | The second we finish opening arguments, | 我们一讲完开庭陈词 |
[07:07] | that offer is gonna triple. | 钱就会翻三倍了 |
[07:09] | Look, I’ve sat across the table from these two | 听着 过去六年来 我和这两个人 |
[07:10] | four times in the last six years, | 谈判过四次 |
[07:12] | and when they say this is their best offer, | 他们说这是能给的最高价时 |
[07:13] | It’s their best offer, | 那就是这样了 |
[07:14] | and we’re recommending it. | 我们就要建议受害者接受 |
[07:15] | Well, you can recommend whatever you want. | 随你怎么建议 |
[07:17] | I’m recommending we reject it. | 反正我是要建议他们拒绝的 |
[07:18] | You don’t give clients conflicting opinions. | 不能给客户相互矛盾的建议 |
[07:21] | You work it out behind closed doors. | 我俩关起门来统一意见 |
[07:22] | Well, maybe that’s the problem. | 也许那就是问题所在 |
[07:23] | You want to do things behind closed doors. | 你想要关起门来做事 |
[07:25] | I actually want to be honest. | 而我却想做到诚信公开 |
[07:26] | Hey, watch yourself, Mike. | 注意你的态度 迈克 |
[07:27] | You tell me this, | 你自己说 |
[07:27] | would $70,000 per person | 假如事关劳拉或者瑞秋的性命 |
[07:30] | be a great settlement if we were talking | 你还会觉得每人七万 |
[07:31] | about Laura’s life or Rachel’s? | 是很好的和解协议吗 |
[07:33] | You get out of here! | 你给我滚 |
[07:34] | You don’t come back | 在你想清楚为什么 |
[07:35] | until you wrap your head around recommending this offer. | 要建议受害者接受和解前别回来 |
[07:38] | And don’t you ever use them against me again! | 还有 不许再用她们俩来反驳我 |
[08:23] | Don’t tell me he wasn’t in here either. | 别告诉我他也不在这里 |
[08:25] | He was in here, all right. | 之前在的 |
[08:27] | What happened? Did the settlement fall through? | 怎么了 和解失败了吗 |
[08:29] | No, it didn’t, but it should’ve. | 没失败 但应该让它失败的 |
[08:32] | They gave us a shitty offer. | 他们给的和解金额很少 |
[08:33] | Robert’s ready to take it. | 而罗伯特准备接受 |
[08:35] | Come on, if it’s really that bad, | 拜托 假如真有那么糟糕 |
[08:36] | why would he take it? | 他怎么会接受 |
[08:37] | Because he knows his clients will jump all over it | 因为他知道他的客户们会大发雷霆 |
[08:39] | and it’s the easy way out. | 而这是简单的解决办法 |
[08:41] | So you think Robert doesn’t care about his clients? | 所以你觉得罗伯特不关心他的客户吗 |
[08:43] | It sure seems that way. | 看起来确实是这样的 |
[08:44] | Mike, I’ve only been here a few months, | 迈克 我来这里只有几个月 |
[08:47] | and there are a lot of things you can say about Robert Zane, | 但关于罗伯特·赞恩你可以有种种说法 |
[08:50] | but what you can’t say is that | 但你唯独不能说 |
[08:52] | he doesn’t care about his clients. | 他不关心自己的客户 |
[09:01] | Go away, Louis. | 走开 路易 |
[09:02] | I would, but then I couldn’t tell you | 我本来要走的 但那样我就无法告诉你 |
[09:03] | about the $50-million company I’m giving you. | 我要把那五千万的公司给你了 |
[09:05] | And why would you do that? | 你为什么要那么做 |
[09:06] | ‘Cause I want to make up for our little misunderstanding. | 因为我想要弥补我俩之间小小的误会 |
[09:09] | We didn’t have a misunderstanding. | 我们之间没什么误会 |
[09:10] | You went after my money, | 你以前是抢我的钱 |
[09:12] | so if you’re giving me a client, | 所以假如你主动给我客户 |
[09:13] | there’s some other misunderstanding | 那就说明还有其他的误会 |
[09:15] | that you’re too chickenshit to tell me about. | 但是你太懦弱而不敢告诉我 |
[09:19] | It’s my sister’s company. | 是我妹妹的公司 |
[09:22] | I’ll give you her business. | 我会把她这个客户给你 |
[09:23] | All you have to do is handle her divorce. | 而你只需解决她的离婚案 |
[09:25] | I don’t want your sister’s business. | 我不想要你妹妹这个客户 |
[09:27] | Now get out. | 给我出去 |
[09:32] | Harvey, this is my family. | 哈维 她是我的家人 |
[09:34] | My sister, she…has never asked me for anything | 我妹妹 她从没求过我任何事 |
[09:39] | Her entire life, not once. | 一次都没 |
[09:41] | Now the one time she does, I just can’t let her down. | 这是第一次 我不能让她失望 |
[09:47] | Louis, I’m not a divorce attorney. | 路易 我不是离婚律师 |
[09:49] | When has a shitty detail like that ever stopped you before? | 你什么时候在意过这种无关紧要的细节了 |
[09:56] | All right, I’ll do it, on two conditions. | 好吧 但我有两个条件 |
[09:58] | First, you stay completely out of this case. | 第一 你绝对不许插手 |
[10:02] | Done. Second? | 没问题 第二呢 |
[10:03] | I’ll let you know when I think of it. | 我想好了再告诉你 |
[10:05] | How do I know it won’t be something I can’t stomach? | 我怎么确定你不会提什么不能忍的要求呢 |
[10:07] | You don’t, but those are my two conditions. | 不能确定 这就是条件 |
[10:11] | Okay, Harvey, you have a deal. | 好吧 哈维 成交 |
[10:15] | One thing. | 就一点 |
[10:17] | Promise me you won’t sleep with Esther. | 答应我你不会跟埃斯特睡了 |
[10:20] | Believe me, Louis, the last thing I want to do | 相信我 路易 我最不想做的事 |
[10:23] | is sleep with your sister. | 就是和你妹妹睡 |
[10:28] | I’m glad you agree. | 你同意就好 |
[10:29] | I’ll let you know when the paperwork’s finished. | 等材料都弄好了我再联系你 |
[10:36] | I know you didn’t wrap your head | 我知道你还没有 |
[10:37] | around this deal in the last ten minutes, | 对那份协议回心转意 |
[10:39] | So what are you still doing in my office? | 所以你现在来我办公室做什么 |
[10:41] | Exactly what you’d be doing in my place. | 你要是我你也会做的事 |
[10:43] | Robert, I know you said that you know these two lawyers, | 罗伯特 你说你认识那两个律师 |
[10:46] | but I don’t. | 但我不认识 |
[10:47] | I need to see for myself what they will or won’t do. | 我需要亲眼看到他们的底线 |
[10:50] | And you still want to counter. | 你还想还价 |
[10:51] | I want to at least try. | 至少要试一试 |
[10:52] | Except you don’t want to go by yourself, | 但你不想一个人试 |
[10:54] | You want me to go with you. | 你希望我和你一起 |
[10:55] | Yes, I do. | 是的 |
[10:57] | Because you and I both know, if we don’t go together, | 因为你我都清楚 如果我们不一起去 |
[10:59] | we don’t stand a chance. | 根本就没有机会赢 |
[11:00] | I know we don’t stand a chance either way. | 我们怎样都没有机会赢 |
[11:04] | And if I do go, it makes me look like a fool. | 我去了也只是让自己出丑罢了 |
[11:06] | Robert, I saved you from looking like a fool in that courtroom. | 罗伯特 在法院时是我让你免于出丑 |
[11:11] | I came through for you. | 我帮了你一把 |
[11:13] | Now I’m asking you to come through for me on this. | 现在请你也为我做同样的事 |
[11:16] | You and Rachel are peas in a pod. | 你和瑞秋真是如出一辙 |
[11:21] | Can’t believe she’s really worth $50 million. | 难以置信她的公司竟然真的值五千万 |
[11:23] | I can’t believe you’ve never heard of her company. | 真不敢相信你从没听说过她的公司 |
[11:25] | Do I look like I buy a lot of potholders? | 我看上去像会买很多隔热垫的人吗 |
[11:28] | She doesn’t just sell potholders. | 她又不是只卖隔热垫 |
[11:29] | She has a brand like Martha Stewart. | 她的品牌和玛莎·斯图尔特的一样有名 |
[11:31] | Look, I get that you think she’s impressive, | 我知道你觉得她很了不起 |
[11:33] | but to me, she’s just Louis’s sister, | 但对我来说 她只是路易的妹妹 |
[11:36] | which, as far as I’m concerned, is strike number two. | 光是这点 就是第二大噩耗 |
[11:38] | What’s strike number one? | 第一大是什么 |
[11:39] | The fact that she’s Louis’s sister. | 她是路易的妹妹这个事实 |
[11:41] | Oh, come on, Harvey, listen. | 拜托 哈维 听着 |
[11:43] | Are you gonna take this seriously or not? | 你能不能认真对待这件事 |
[11:45] | I’ll tell you what I’m gonna do. | 我来告诉你我的计划 |
[11:46] | I’m gonna go walk there. | 我走进去 |
[11:47] | I’m gonna shake this woman’s meaty hand. | 握握那女人的肥手 |
[11:49] | I’m gonna get this over with as quickly as possible. | 然后把案子早解决早了事 |
[11:56] | You? | 是你 |
[11:57] | You’ve got to be kidding me. | 这不是在逗我吧 |
[11:58] | You two know each other? | 你们认识 |
[12:00] | So you weren’t meeting the governor. | 所以你不是来和州长见面的 |
[12:01] | You’re telling me you were really gonna blow off the mayor? | 你还要坚持说自己放了市长鸽子吗 |
[12:04] | The mayor. You don’t know the mayor. | 市长 你根本不认识市长 |
[12:06] | I’m so sorry, | 很抱歉 |
[12:07] | let me introduce my soon-to-be former associate. | 这位是很快要被我炒鱿鱼的助理律师 |
[12:10] | Rachel Zane. | 瑞秋·赞恩 |
[12:11] | Esther Edelstein. | 埃斯特·艾丁斯坦 |
[12:15] | It’s nice to finally meet the man | 终于有幸一见 |
[12:17] | I’ve heard such good things about. | 我久仰大名的男人 |
[12:18] | It’s nice to meet the woman | 终于有幸一见 |
[12:19] | I’ve obviously heard nothing but lies about. | 我除了讹传什么也没听说过的女人了 |
[12:26] | Let’s get to it. | 讲正题吧 |
[12:28] | Yes. | 好 |
[12:29] | I just have to know, | 我必须得问 |
[12:31] | were one of the two of you adopted? | 你们有一个是被领养的吗 |
[12:35] | I’ve been asking that for years. | 这么多年来我都被问习惯了 |
[12:39] | Hey. Get out. | 出去 |
[12:48] | Shit. | 靠 |
[12:50] | Come on, speak up, narcissist, it’s not a freakin’ library. | 大点声 自恋狂 会议室又不是图书馆 |
[12:56] | Reminder to thin the walls | 提醒我把会议室的墙 |
[12:57] | in the conference room/ make a peephole. | 改薄或是开个洞 |
[12:59] | What do you think you’re doing? | 你干什么呢 |
[13:00] | What happened? | 什么事 |
[13:01] | Oh, I was just checking the sound-proofing, | 我只是在检查隔音效果 |
[13:02] | making sure they thicken the walls in the conference room. | 确保他们把会议室的墙加厚了 |
[13:04] | So if I walk out this door and I turn to the right, | 所以我出门右转的话 |
[13:06] | I won’t see Harvey in there with Esther? | 不会看见哈维和埃斯特在会议室里吗 |
[13:08] | Esther’s here? I didn’t know that. | 埃斯特来了 我都不知道 |
[13:09] | Louis, listening through the wall | 路易 隔墙偷听 |
[13:11] | is not staying out of her case, | 可不叫不插手她的案子 |
[13:12] | and if Harvey finds out, he’s gonna drop her. | 如果被哈维发现了 他会放弃她的案子的 |
[13:14] | Look, it’s my sister, all right? | 那可是我妹妹 |
[13:17] | I just want to make sure he does right by her. | 我只想确保他不含私心地对待她 |
[13:18] | And you never would have asked him to take this case | 如果你不相信他的人品的话 |
[13:20] | if you didn’t trust that he would do just that. | 你就不会请他接这个案子了 |
[13:23] | So put the glass down, go back to your office, | 所以 把杯子放下 回你办公室去 |
[13:26] | and let him do his job. | 让他做他的工作就好 |
[13:30] | You know it’d be easier for both of us | 你要是时不时出点错 |
[13:31] | if you were wrong every once in a while. | 我俩都能好过点 |
[13:36] | When we decided to get divorced, Jeffrey and I agreed | 我们决定离婚时 我和杰弗里达成共识 |
[13:39] | he would get 20% of the company, no need to involve lawyers. | 他会得到20%的公司股份 不用请律师 |
[13:43] | The next thing I knew, I got a letter from a lawyer. | 接下来 我却收到一封律师函 |
[13:46] | Jeffrey doesn’t think 20% is enough anymore. | 杰弗里觉得20%不够了 |
[13:49] | No, he doesn’t. | 没错 |
[13:51] | Esther, I’m gonna ask you a question, | 埃斯特 我要问你个问题 |
[13:52] | and I want you to answer me honestly. | 希望你诚实地回答我 |
[13:54] | Who’s leaving who? | 是谁要离开谁 |
[13:57] | It’s mutual. | 我们都想离 |
[13:58] | It’s never mutual. | 从没有双方都想离的 |
[13:59] | So I’m gonna ask you again. Who’s driving this decision? | 所以我再问一遍 是谁主动要离婚的 |
[14:05] | I am. | 我 |
[14:05] | Then the answer to our problem | 那我们解决问题的方法 |
[14:07] | is for you to stay away from the negotiations. | 就是让你不参与谈判 |
[14:09] | What? No, I’m not staying away. | 什么 不行 我得参与 |
[14:12] | Listen to me. | 听我说 |
[14:13] | He’s going back on your deal | 他背弃你们的协议 |
[14:14] | because he wants to prolong the fight. | 是因为他想拖长这场战斗 |
[14:16] | I don’t care. | 我不在乎 |
[14:16] | I spent 12 years building the company. | 我花了12年建立起公司 |
[14:18] | I’m not gonna sit back and let someone else decide | 我不会袖手旁观 让别人替我决定 |
[14:20] | how much I’m allowed to keep. | 能给我剩下多少 |
[14:22] | Then what’d you come to me for? | 那你还来找我干什么 |
[14:23] | Because you’re supposed to be the best. | 因为你是最好的律师 |
[14:25] | I am the best, and I didn’t get that way | 我是最好的 但我的风格 |
[14:27] | letting someone else call the shots. | 可不是让别人做决定 |
[14:29] | So you’re either gonna let me do that, | 所以你要么让我全权接手 |
[14:30] | or you’re gonna get yourself another lawyer. | 要么就换个律师吧 |
[14:37] | All right, here’s what I need you to do. | 我需要你做这些事 |
[14:38] | You can tell me what you need me to do in a minute. | 你可以一分钟后再告诉我要干什么 |
[14:40] | First we’re gonna talk about what happened back there. | 首先我们讨论刚刚发生的事 |
[14:42] | What happened is, I laid down the law, | 刚刚发生的是 我亮明规矩 |
[14:44] | she accepted, I’m the man. | 她接受了 我是大哥 |
[14:46] | Yep, uh-huh. | 是啊 |
[14:47] | Okay, I’m not talking about that. | 但我要说的不是那个 |
[14:48] | I’m talking about how the moment you walked through the door, | 我想说的是你进门那一瞬间 |
[14:50] | you looked like you were struck by a bolt of lighting. | 就像被闪电劈了一样 |
[14:52] | – I did not. – You most certainly did. | -我才没有 -绝对有 |
[14:53] | In fact, before you started fighting, | 其实在你开始正事之前 |
[14:55] | I was afraid the two of you were gonna go at it on the table. | 我都担心你俩会在桌上来一炮 |
[14:57] | Afraid or hoping? | 担心还是希望 |
[14:58] | That’s unsavory. | 真恶心 |
[14:59] | And you making lewd comments about our client isn’t? | 对我们的客户发表下流评论就不恶心吗 |
[15:02] | Lewd comments about what client? | 哪个客户的下流评论 |
[15:03] | Harvey likes Louis’s sister. | 哈维喜欢路易的妹妹 |
[15:05] | That’s funny, ’cause that’s exactly what I came in here | 巧了 我来找他就是为了 |
[15:07] | to talk to him about. | 谈这件事 |
[15:09] | You like Louis’s sister? | 你也喜欢路易的妹妹 |
[15:10] | Not enough to fight you for her. | 还没喜欢到跟你争 |
[15:11] | Well, you should reconsider. She’s lovely. | 你该重新考虑一下 她很可爱 |
[15:16] | And I’m leaving. | 我先走了 |
[15:20] | Harvey, why are you all of a sudden | 哈维 为什么突然之间 |
[15:23] | taking on Esther Edelstein as a client? | 埃斯特·艾丁斯坦成了你的客户 |
[15:25] | And don’t tell me it’s because she’s lovely, | 你可别告诉我因为她可爱 |
[15:28] | because I’m not sure I believe that. | 我可不相信 |
[15:29] | I took her on because Louis asked me to. | 路易求我 我才接了她的案子 |
[15:32] | And the last I heard, you and I were both pissed at him. | 可是上次我还听说 我们都在生他的气呢 |
[15:34] | And I still am. | 我的气没消啊 |
[15:36] | But he told me this was family, | 但他告诉我这是他的家人 |
[15:38] | and…I thought this might be a chance | 而且 我觉得这也是个机会 |
[15:40] | for us all to get back on track. | 让我们重回正轨 |
[15:43] | I like that, Harvey. | 干得不错 哈维 |
[15:44] | You just might turn out | 最后发现 |
[15:45] | to be a half decent name partner after all. | 你还算是半个合格的冠名合伙人啊 |
[15:50] | I doubt it. | 我深表怀疑 |
[15:51] | So do I. | 我也不确定 |
[15:54] | Well, frankly, Robert, I’m surprised | 坦白说 罗伯特 我很惊讶 |
[15:56] | you called for another meeting. | 你竟然又要开会 |
[15:57] | Surprised by a routine counter? | 被例行还价吓到了吗 |
[15:59] | When the first offer is as generous as ours, I am. | 确实 尤其是我们的第一个提议那么大方 |
[16:02] | Just hear the man out, Will. | 听他把话说完 威尔 |
[16:05] | Campbell v. State health. | 坎贝尔诉国家健康公司案 |
[16:07] | Wilson v. GenRx. | 威尔逊诉健力医疗案 |
[16:08] | Friedman v. Medfirst. | 弗莱德曼诉领先医疗公司案 |
[16:10] | Those are identical class actions | 这些集体诉讼案都差不多 |
[16:12] | in which the average payout | 它们的赔偿金额是 |
[16:12] | was $1/2 million per plaintiff. | 平均每位原告50万 |
[16:14] | They were jury awards, and two of them were reduced | 这是法庭裁决的结果 其中还有两个因为 |
[16:17] | for being excessively punitive. | 过度惩罚而降低了金额 |
[16:18] | Dollar amount was still higher than what’s on the table. | 那最后的金额也比你们给的高 |
[16:20] | After seven years of appeals. | 可人家打了7年的官司呢 |
[16:22] | Yeah, and like we said, we don’t care how long it takes. | 没错 可是我们也说了 不在乎时间 |
[16:24] | We want triple what you’re offering. | 我们希望你们现在给的金额能再翻三倍 |
[16:26] | And I want to skinny dip with Sofia Vergara, | 我还想跟索菲娅·维加拉一起裸泳呢 |
[16:28] | But no puedo hacerlo. | 但是 臣妾做不到啊 |
[16:30] | That’s Spanish for “We’re not giving you another nickel.” | 这句西班牙语是说”我们连一分钱都不会再多给” |
[16:32] | And what’s Spanish for “We’ll see you in court”? | 那西班牙语的”法庭见”怎么说 |
[16:35] | Bring it on. | 放马过来 |
[16:35] | That’s enough. Come on, Will. | 好了 威尔 别动气 |
[16:37] | We’re just having a conversation. | 我们这不还在谈嘛 |
[16:38] | Conversation? | 谈 |
[16:39] | I gave you a fair offer, Robert, | 罗伯特 我给了你一个很好的提议 |
[16:41] | because I respect you, | 因为我尊重你 |
[16:43] | and I thought that you respected me enough to know | 我觉得你也是尊重我的 所以当我说这是 |
[16:44] | that I meant it when I said it’s the best I could do. | 我能争取到的最好结果时 我以为你会懂 |
[16:47] | Then he comes in here threatening a trial. | 结果他就过来 威胁我说要上法庭 |
[16:49] | Well, you know what? | 现在好了 |
[16:50] | You don’t like what’s on the table, | 你要是看不上我们给的价 |
[16:52] | we can pull the whole damn thing. | 那我们就统统撤回 |
[16:58] | I told you he wasn’t messing around. | 跟你说了他不是在开玩笑的 |
[17:00] | You were right about that. | 你说对了 |
[17:01] | Now I’m right about taking this to trial. | 但是上法庭这个决定也是对的 |
[17:02] | You aren’t right about anything. | 你什么也没说对 |
[17:04] | I owed you. I paid up. We’re done. | 我欠你的 我还过了 我们结束了 |
[17:06] | No, we’re not done, and I’m still not | 不 我们没完 我还是不会 |
[17:07] | recommending this offer to my clients. | 推荐我的客户接受这个提议 |
[17:08] | Well, that’s too bad, because they already signed off. | 那真是太可惜了 他们已经签掉了 |
[17:12] | What? | 什么 |
[17:15] | You talked to our clients before we even went in there? | 我们来之前你就跟客户通过气了 |
[17:17] | You’re damn right I did. | 是的 |
[17:18] | We took a shot, and it didn’t work. | 我们已经试过了 没用 |
[17:21] | Now, in the meantime, we had an obligation | 现在呢 我们有义务 |
[17:22] | to show their offer to our clients, and I did. | 把他们的提议告诉客户 所以我就这么做了 |
[17:24] | Don’t give me some bullshit justification. | 别给我在这儿扯他妈的淡 |
[17:25] | You went behind my back. | 你背着我做事 |
[17:27] | I didn’t go behind your back. I went over your head. | 我没背着你做事 我是越过你做事 |
[17:30] | What the hell are you talking about? | 你在说什么 |
[17:32] | You know what the hell I’m talking about. | 你知道我说的是什么 |
[17:33] | I went to your boss’s boss, and you know what? | 我去找了你老板的老板 你知道吗 |
[17:36] | She and I see things the same way. | 她跟我的看法是一样的 |
[17:38] | And as far as I’m concerned, this case is settled. | 从我的角度来看 这个案子已经结束了 |
[17:46] | Why don’t you two have a seat? I suggest we get right to it. | 二位请坐 我们马上开始 |
[17:50] | Wait a second, where’s Esther? | 等一下 埃斯特呢 |
[17:51] | She won’t be joining us, but I’ve been authorized | 她不来了 由我全权代表她 |
[17:53] | to negotiate on her behalf. | 来进行谈判 |
[17:54] | No. No, I’m not agreeing to anything without her here. | 不 不行 她不来我什么都不会同意的 |
[17:58] | That’s because you don’t really want to negotiate, | 那是因为你不是真心来谈判的 |
[18:00] | you just want to stay connected to her, | 你只是还想和她有所联系 |
[18:02] | and that’s not gonna happen. | 但这是不可能的 |
[18:03] | I don’t know when you decided to become a divorce attorney, | 我不知道你是什么时候转做离婚律师的 |
[18:05] | but that’s not how it works. | 但这事儿不是这么干的 |
[18:06] | I didn’t become a divorce attorney | 我没转做离婚律师 |
[18:08] | because it’s the minor leagues, | 因为这只是小打小闹罢了 |
[18:09] | but this is how it works with me. | 但这就是我做事的方式 |
[18:14] | What the hell is this? | 这是什么鬼 |
[18:14] | That’s our new offer, nothing. | 我们的新方案 什么都不给你 |
[18:16] | This is bullshit. | 太扯了 |
[18:17] | You thinking you deserve even 20% | 你认为你该分得 |
[18:19] | of our client’s business is bullshit. | 我们客户公司的20%才是胡扯 |
[18:21] | So you’re either gonna accept the terms that | 所以 你要么接受 |
[18:23] | you and Esther agreed to, | 你和埃斯特先前的条款 |
[18:24] | or you can take our new offer. | 要么接受我们的新方案 |
[18:26] | You can threaten all you want, | 随你们怎么威胁 |
[18:27] | but my client has a right to what’s his, | 但我的客户有权分得属于他的财产 |
[18:29] | and that’s half the company, | 也就是公司的一半 |
[18:31] | because 12 years ago, that’s what your client agreed to. | 因为这是十二年前 你的客户答应过的 |
[18:34] | See, I wasn’t just gonna be Esther’s husband. | 我当时不仅要成为埃斯特的丈夫 |
[18:37] | I was gonna be a doctor, | 我还要当医生 |
[18:38] | but I put that on hold | 但埃斯特的公司刚起步 |
[18:40] | while Esther got her company off the ground, | 我就搁置了这个计划 |
[18:42] | and when I said I was willing to do that, | 我跟她说了我的想法后 |
[18:44] | she said I’d get half. | 她说会把公司分我一半 |
[18:46] | Which constitutes an enforceable verbal contract. | 这构成了强制性口头契约 |
[18:48] | So I don’t care whether Esther’s here or not. | 我不在乎埃斯特在不在 |
[18:51] | She promised to spend our lives together, | 她承诺与我共度一生 |
[18:52] | and she’s breaking that promise. | 现在她要违背那个诺言 |
[18:55] | There’s nothing I can do about that one, | 对于这点 我无计可施 |
[18:56] | but I’m sure as hell gonna hold her to the other one. | 但我非常确定 我会让她遵守另一个承诺 |
[18:58] | You have no proof she ever made that promise. | 你没有证据证明她许下过这样的承诺 |
[19:01] | Ask your client about it, | 去问你的客户吧 |
[19:02] | because when we depose her under oath, | 当她宣誓作证的时候 |
[19:03] | you can rest assured we will. | 我们一定会问她 |
[19:20] | You authorized the settlement? | 是你批准了和解方案 |
[19:22] | You want to change that tone? | 能好好说话吗 |
[19:23] | No, I don’t, because you told Robert Zane | 不 不能 你让罗伯特·赞恩 |
[19:25] | to treat me like a partner, | 把我当合伙人 |
[19:26] | and then you turned around, and you cut my legs out. | 可你回过身来 又对我捆手捆脚 |
[19:27] | I told him that because you were my proxy, | 我那么说 是因为你是我的代表 |
[19:29] | but you’re not my proxy with me. | 可你对我没尽到代理义务 |
[19:31] | And I don’t appreciate my decisions being questioned. | 我不喜欢我的决定被质疑 |
[19:34] | Did you even look at that offer? | 你看过那他们的协议吗 |
[19:36] | Mike, I’m going to explain something to you | 迈克 我要跟你解释一下 |
[19:38] | that, based on your approach to this conversation, | 你既然这么气势汹汹来找我 |
[19:40] | you clearly don’t understand. | 显然还不明白 |
[19:42] | This trial will cost millions. | 开庭将花费数百万 |
[19:43] | And Arcadian has deep pockets. | 阿卡迪亚基金有的是钱 |
[19:45] | And they’re not looking to empty them on a gamble. | 那他们也不会找着拿钱去冒险 |
[19:47] | So this is all just about the money. | 所以都是因为钱 |
[19:49] | Were you born yesterday? | 你是三岁小孩吗 |
[19:51] | The clients are looking for money. | 客户要的是钱 |
[19:53] | We’re looking for money. | 我们要赚钱 |
[19:54] | The insurance company’s looking to keep money. | 保险公司想要保住钱 |
[19:58] | It’s always about the money. | 永远都是钱的事 |
[19:59] | And if you had some balls, we’d get a whole lot more. | 如果你有点种 我们会赚多得多的钱 |
[20:06] | Listen to me, I don’t know what you thought marching in here | 听好了 我不知道你觉得跑来找我 |
[20:09] | was going to do other than piss me off, | 除了惹我生气还能有什么用 |
[20:11] | but you’re going to march the hell back out | 但你给我从哪来回哪去 |
[20:13] | because I have better things to do with my time | 比起跟你解释普世真理 |
[20:16] | than to explain to you how the world works. | 我有更重要的事要做 |
[20:24] | Hey, I got your message. | 我收到你的消息了 |
[20:26] | Jeffrey signed the agreement? | 杰弗里签协议了吗 |
[20:28] | He did. | 签了 |
[20:29] | All it needs is your John Hancock. | 只差你的签名了 |
[20:38] | Wait, this doesn’t say 20%. It says 50%. | 等等 这不是20% 是50% |
[20:41] | Oh, I’m sorry, did I forget to mention | 抱歉 我是不是忘了说 |
[20:43] | that he said you promised him 50% of your company | 他说你曾答应把公司分他一半 |
[20:46] | for putting off medical school? | 因为他推迟了上医学院的计划 |
[20:47] | Because you sure forgot to mention that to me. | 因为很显然 你忘了告诉我 |
[20:53] | You have got to be kidding me. | 你在开玩笑吧 |
[20:54] | How could you not tell me that? | 你怎么能不告诉我呢 |
[20:55] | Because it was a throwaway conversation | 因为这只是十二年前 |
[20:57] | we had 12 years ago on the New Jersey turnpike. | 我们在新泽西高速路上开车时随口一说 |
[20:59] | Well, it wasn’t throwaway to him, and he’s gonna use it | 他可不觉得是随口一说 他会利用这点 |
[21:01] | because he’s feeling betrayed. | 因为他觉得自己被背叛了 |
[21:03] | Well, I don’t really care what he’s feeling | 我才不在乎他的感受 |
[21:04] | because he’s the one who had the affair. | 搞外遇的是他又不是我 |
[21:09] | You wanted to know the circumstances of our divorce. | 你想知道我们为什么离婚 |
[21:12] | Well, that’s what they are. | 这就是理由 |
[21:13] | That’s why I’m leaving him. | 所以我才想离开他 |
[21:15] | I am sure you wouldn’t understand what’s it like | 我知道你不会明白 |
[21:17] | to experience infidelity. | 爱人不忠是什么感受 |
[21:21] | I would, and I do, | 我明白 我也知道 |
[21:23] | but that doesn’t change the fact that you made a contract. | 但这不能改变你许下口头契约的事实 |
[21:26] | What about our other contract? 20%. | 另一份合同怎么算 20%那份 |
[21:28] | The original agreement supersedes it, | 原始协议优先级更高 |
[21:30] | and an affair doesn’t change that. | 出轨也不能改变 |
[21:33] | Except he doesn’t have any proof | 但他没有证据 |
[21:35] | I ever made the original agreement. | 我当初和他有过这一协议 |
[21:37] | Esther, they’re gonna put you under oath | 埃斯特 他们会让你宣誓作证 |
[21:39] | and ask you point-blank if this happened. | 然后直接问你 你们有没有这一协议 |
[21:42] | And I’m going to say it didn’t. | 那我就说没有 |
[21:44] | That’s perjury, and I’m not gonna let you do that. | 那是作伪证 我不能让你那样做 |
[21:46] | What are you, | 你以为你是谁 |
[21:46] | some white knight who never crosses the line to win? | 一个从来不会为了赢而越线的光明骑士吗 |
[21:49] | No, but I’m not gonna let you make a decision | 不 但我不会让你 |
[21:51] | in the heat of the moment | 一时头脑发热 |
[21:52] | that you’ll regret for the rest of your life. | 做出会令你后悔终身的决定 |
[21:53] | Well, then you better find some other way to void this deal, | 那你最好找到别的办法让这份协议失效 |
[21:56] | because there’s no way I’m giving my shit bag husband | 因为我绝不可能让我那混蛋丈夫 |
[21:59] | half of everything I own. | 拿走我的一半财产 |
[22:06] | I need you to find every loophole there is | 我需要你找出口头合约的 |
[22:07] | around verbal contracts. | 所有可能漏洞 |
[22:10] | So Jeffrey was telling the truth? | 所以杰弗里说的是实话 |
[22:11] | Yes, and she’d rather slit her wrists | 是的 而她宁死也不愿意 |
[22:13] | than give him 50%, and I don’t blame her. | 给他一半财产 而且我不怪她 |
[22:15] | Yeah, but she’s the one who’s leaving him, so– | 但是她主动提出离婚的 所以… |
[22:20] | He cheated on her, didn’t he? | 他搞外遇了 是吗 |
[22:22] | Well, that’s between our client | 那是我们的委托人 |
[22:23] | and her soon-to-be ex-husband, | 和她准前夫之间的事 |
[22:25] | and I have no intention of letting him | 反正我绝不会让他 |
[22:27] | get the better of her. | 就这样占她便宜的 |
[22:30] | What? | 怎么了 |
[22:31] | You’re being protective. It’s sweet. | 这激起了你的保护欲 很贴心 |
[22:35] | Okay, listen to me, we’re protecting Esther | 听我说 我们保护埃斯特 |
[22:36] | because it’s our job to protect her. | 是因为这就是我们的职责 |
[22:39] | And if we don’t figure a way out of this, | 如果我们想不出办法解决这件事 |
[22:41] | she’s gonna lose millions of dollars, | 她就会损失数百万美元 |
[22:43] | so you want to make observations about the two of us, | 所以你想要观察我们两个的事 随便你 |
[22:45] | do it all you want after we’ve won. | 但要等我们赢了以后 |
[22:48] | I’m on it. | 我马上去做 |
[22:53] | Okay, so final deal memos here, check authorizations here. | 好了 这是最终协议备忘 这是核准授权 |
[22:58] | Now all we need to do is get Kelton to sign, and we are done. | 现在只要让凯尔顿签完字 我们就完事了 |
[23:05] | Mike, I know you think this deal sucks, | 迈克 我知道你认为这个协议烂透了 |
[23:08] | but there is a silver lining. | 但毕竟还有好的一面 |
[23:10] | we got to work together again. | 我们又能一起工作了 |
[23:14] | What? | 怎么了 |
[23:15] | I was just thinking about when we started. | 我只是回想起我们刚认识的时候 |
[23:17] | Who would’ve thought that working with you | 谁会想到和你一起工作 |
[23:19] | would ever have been a silver lining? | 会是好的一面 |
[23:22] | Me? | 我 |
[23:23] | Yeah, you. | 是啊 你 |
[23:24] | What about you? | 你就好到哪去吗 |
[23:25] | What are you talking about? | 你在说什么啊 |
[23:26] | I have been a gentleman since day one. | 我从一开始就一直很友善的 |
[23:29] | – Really? – Yes. | -真的吗 -当然 |
[23:30] | Remember the whole airplane incident? | 你不记得飞机那件事了吗 |
[23:31] | Do I? Yes, you were the one who– | 我记得吗 当然记得 是你… |
[23:36] | Wait. Wait, wait, wait, wait. | 等等 等等等等 |
[23:39] | Wait a second. Delta Financial. | 等一下 达美金融 |
[23:40] | What about them? | 他们怎么了 |
[23:41] | There was a brochure for Delta Bauer Financial | 罗伯特·赞恩的桌子上有一本 |
[23:43] | on Robert Zane’s desk. | 达美-鲍尔金融的手册 |
[23:45] | And on top of that, they were listed | 上面说明 他们是 |
[23:46] | as a subsidiary on Arcadian’s annual report. | 阿卡迪亚基金的一家子公司 |
[23:49] | As are 50 other funds. | 他们的子基金公司多着呢 |
[23:50] | 50 other funds that don’t have a brochure | 可是其它基金公司的手册 |
[23:52] | on Robert Zane’s desk. | 都没有出现在罗伯特·赞恩的桌子上 |
[23:54] | – Mike– – Katrina, | -迈克 -卡特里娜 |
[23:55] | I need to know if they’re one of your clients. | 我需要知道他们是不是你们的客户 |
[23:57] | You know I can’t tell you that. | 你明知道我不能告诉你 |
[23:58] | Okay, well, you just did. | 那就说明是了 |
[23:59] | Now I need to know if they own shares of Kelton. | 我还需要知道他们是不是拥有凯尔顿的股份 |
[24:01] | I don’t know if they own shares, and I’m not gonna find out. | 我不知道他们有没有股份 我也不会去查 |
[24:03] | You don’t care if Robert Zane is manipulating a case | 你不在乎罗伯特·赞恩为了一家对冲基金受益 |
[24:06] | to service a hedge fund? | 而操纵一个案子吗 |
[24:07] | It doesn’t matter if I care. | 我在不在乎无所谓 |
[24:08] | I can’t violate attorney-client privilege. | 我不能违反律师委托人保密协议 |
[24:10] | You said you owe me. | 你说你欠我一个人情 |
[24:11] | And you said I owe Rachel. | 而你说我其实是欠瑞秋的 |
[24:13] | Katrina, please. | 卡特里娜 拜托 |
[24:15] | You said that Robert is doing right by his clients. | 你说罗伯特一定会为委托人的利益着想 |
[24:18] | Well, I just need to know which clients he’s doing right by. | 我需要知道他在为哪个委托人的利益着想 |
[24:31] | Do you have a minute? | 你有时间吗 |
[24:33] | The last time I asked you that, you told me the answer was no. | 我上次这样问你的时候 你告诉我说没时间 |
[24:36] | And I still gave you the minute. | 然后我还是花时间听你说话了 |
[24:38] | Well, I happen to be in the middle | 我正好在忙着 |
[24:39] | of trying to get Louis’s sister out of a huge mess, so– | 收拾路易妹妹的烂摊子 所以 |
[24:41] | That’s what I wanted to talk to you about. | 我就是想和你谈这个 |
[24:43] | Louis promised to stay out of this. | 路易答应不会插手的 |
[24:44] | And he is, and I’m not here because he asked me to be. | 没他的事 我不是他派来的 |
[24:47] | I’m here because I care about him and– | 我来是因为我在乎他 |
[24:48] | That’s not my problem. | 这跟我没关系 |
[24:50] | Harvey, I’m not the enemy here. | 哈维 我不是你的敌人 |
[24:52] | And Louis is your partner and your friend, | 而路易是你的合作伙伴和朋友 |
[24:54] | And right now, he needs a little reassurance. | 现在 他需要一颗定心丸 |
[24:56] | And I told you before, I’m not the guy | 我告诉过你了 我不是 |
[24:58] | That gives you a hug when you’re scared. | 那个会在你害怕时给你一个拥抱的人 |
[25:00] | I’m the guy that wins when you need it the most. | 我是在你最需要的时候能帮助你取胜的人 |
[25:02] | Why can’t you for once– | 你为什么就不能 |
[25:02] | You know what, donna, when I came to you for help, | 你知道吗 唐娜 我向你求助的时候 |
[25:04] | You said that I don’t get to do that anymore. | 你说我没有资格再那么做了 |
[25:06] | Well, you don’t get to do this anymore. | 你现在也没有资格这么做了 |
[25:08] | Now, if you’ll excuse me, I have work to do. | 现在 请原谅 我还有事要做 |
[25:13] | You know what, Harvey? | 你知道吗 哈维 |
[25:15] | Louis was afraid to let you take this case, | 路易本来不敢让你接手这个案子 |
[25:17] | And I told him not to be because I trusted | 我让他别担心 因为我相信 |
[25:19] | that at the end of the day, | 最终 |
[25:20] | You’d remember that we’re family. | 你会记得我们是一家人 |
[25:23] | But maybe I was wrong. | 但也许我错了 |
[25:25] | Because I spent 12 years putting you first, | 因为十二年来 我都把你放在第一位 |
[25:28] | and the day I finally decided to do something for myself, | 我终于决定为自己做些事情的时候 |
[25:31] | You didn’t just stop treating me like family, | 你不止不再把我当家人 |
[25:34] | You started treating me like a stranger. | 你开始把我当陌生人 |
[25:37] | And for your information, that is a thousand times worse | 而这比把我当做敌人 |
[25:40] | Than if you treated me like your enemy. | 还要伤人一千倍 |
[25:57] | Louis, did you need something? | 路易 你有什么事吗 |
[25:59] | I need you to know how proud I am of you, | 我想让你知道我为你骄傲 |
[26:01] | ’cause seeing you working like this | 看到你这样努力工作 |
[26:03] | Just reminds me how you persevered with the LSATs, | 使我想起了你如何为法学院入学考试奋战 |
[26:06] | and how you got into law school, and now– | 如何进入了法学院 而现在 |
[26:08] | Louis, I’m not telling you about Esther’s case. | 路易 我是不会向你透露埃斯特案子的情况的 |
[26:09] | Well, then what the hell good are you? | 那要你还有什么用 |
[26:13] | Louis, you promised Harvey you would stay out of it. | 路易 你答应过哈维 不会插手的 |
[26:15] | I just need to know what happened. | 我只是想知道发生了什么 |
[26:17] | What happened with what? | 什么发生了什么 |
[26:18] | What happened with them. | 他们之间怎么了 |
[26:19] | I mean, it’s no secret that I hated Jeffrey, | 我恨杰弗里不是秘密 |
[26:21] | But Esther, she loved him, | 但埃斯特 她爱他 |
[26:25] | and for them to just– | 他们就这样 |
[26:28] | I need to know why. | 我得知道为什么 |
[26:33] | He cheated on her. | 他有外遇了 |
[26:42] | Well, then you promise me that the two of you… | 那你答应我 你们两个 |
[26:45] | stick it to that sack of shit. | 不要放过那个混蛋 |
[26:48] | What do you think I’m working on? | 你觉得我在做什么呢 |
[27:03] | We’re all squared away on the paperwork? | 文书什么的都搞定了吗 |
[27:05] | No, we’re not squared away on shit | 在你告诉我你是否知情之前 |
[27:06] | until you tell me whether or not you knew. | 我们屁都没搞定 |
[27:08] | You want to run that by me again? | 你敢再说一遍吗 |
[27:09] | Delta Financial, your client. | 达美金融 你的客户 |
[27:11] | Did you know they were heavily invested in Kelton? | 你知道他们巨额投资了凯尔顿保险公司吗 |
[27:13] | Are you accusing me of something, Mike? | 你在指控我做了什么吗 |
[27:14] | Because you better watch what you say. | 你最好注意你的言辞 |
[27:16] | You still haven’t answered my question. | 你还是没回答我的问题 |
[27:17] | Did you know a subsidiary of the hedge fund | 你知道资助我们的对冲基金的子公司 |
[27:19] | backing our suit just purchased a huge block of Kelton shares? | 刚刚购入了大量凯尔顿保险公司的股份吗 |
[27:22] | I am their lawyer, not a stock analyst. | 我是他们的律师 不是证券分析师 |
[27:25] | Then maybe you can explain to me | 那你或许可以解释一下 |
[27:27] | why you have one of their brochures on your desk? | 为什么你桌上有一本他们的宣传册 |
[27:30] | Okay, listen to me, Mr. Photographic memory. | 听着 过目不忘小子 |
[27:33] | Underneath this brochure are another 35 | 在这本宣传册下面是另外 |
[27:36] | that have been piling up there for a year and a half | 35本堆了一年半的册子 |
[27:38] | Because I’m looking to invest my money | 因为我打算进行投资 |
[27:40] | that someday may be going to your children. | 而这笔钱有一天会属于你们的孩子 |
[27:41] | Wait, you think we want money that comes from some stock | 你以为我们想要你通过将和解金额 |
[27:43] | that went through the roof because you authorized | 压到低于正常预期而使股票暴涨 |
[27:45] | a settlement lower than street expectations? | 得到的钱吗 |
[27:46] | Okay, you’ve said your piece. Now I’m gonna say mine. | 好的 你说完了 现在该我说了 |
[27:49] | I have been a lawyer and an officer of the court | 你出生前我就开始 |
[27:52] | longer than you’ve breathed air, | 做律师和法院人员了 |
[27:55] | and I’m looking you straight in the eye | 我现在看着你的眼睛 |
[27:57] | and telling you that I am an honest man. | 告诉你我是个正直的人 |
[27:59] | You know as an honest man | 作为一个正直的人 |
[28:00] | that now that we’ve discovered this, | 你应该知道我们发现了这个 |
[28:02] | we have to disclose it as conflict of interest. | 由于利益冲突我们必须披露它 |
[28:05] | Then bury it, deep in the fine print, | 那就用超小号字体把它埋在文件里 |
[28:09] | because it had nothing to do with my recommendation, | 因为我给出的建议与它无关 |
[28:11] | and I’m not gonna let it blow this goddamn deal. | 我不会让它毁了这次交易 |
[28:30] | Since when did this become a deposition? | 这什么时候成了一次取证会 |
[28:32] | It didn’t, but since you seemed so anxious to ask Esther | 原本不是 但你似乎急着逼问埃斯特 |
[28:36] | about what she said in the past, | 她以前说过的话 |
[28:38] | I thought I’d just save us all the trouble | 我想我可以给大家省省力气 |
[28:39] | and get it on the record myself. | 亲自把取证给做了 |
[28:41] | What? I never agreed– | 什么 我从没同意过… |
[28:43] | You promised Jeffrey 50% of your company, didn’t you? | 你承诺过要给杰弗里公司的一半 是吗 |
[28:51] | Yes, I did. | 没错 |
[28:53] | Then it’s settled. | 这不就结了 |
[28:53] | Well, not quite. | 还没呢 |
[28:55] | Now that our client has admitted | 既然我们的委托人 |
[28:56] | that she made the agreement, | 承认了那个协议 |
[28:57] | we’d like to discuss the circumstances | 我们想谈谈她许下承诺时 |
[28:58] | under which she did. | 她所处的情况 |
[29:00] | What do you mean the circumstances? | 你说情况是什么意思 |
[29:02] | She promised me 50%, period. | 她答应给我50% 就是这样 |
[29:04] | No, she promised you 50% because you forfeited | 不 她答应给你50%是因为你放弃了 |
[29:07] | your admission to medical school. | 读医学院的机会 |
[29:09] | That’s right, and instead of going to Stanford, | 没错 我放弃了去斯坦福 |
[29:11] | I stayed home and took care of our family. | 留在家里照顾家庭 |
[29:14] | Then why is there no record of you | 那么为什么没有任何 |
[29:15] | ever being admitted to Stanford? | 斯坦福录取你的记录呢 |
[29:18] | Or any school, for that matter? | 其他学校的录取记录也没有 |
[29:20] | Just a pile of rejection letters. | 只有一叠拒信 |
[29:25] | You lied to me? | 你骗我 |
[29:26] | This is ridiculous. | 荒唐 |
[29:28] | Lots of people don’t get into medical school | 很多人都不是第一次 |
[29:30] | on the first try. | 就能申请到上医学院的 |
[29:31] | You were gonna take half of my company on the first try. | 你第一次就想把我半个公司抢走 |
[29:34] | 30% 30%. | |
[29:35] | He’s not getting another penny | 他休想从我亲手建立的公司 |
[29:36] | of the business I built myself. | 再拿走一毛钱 |
[29:38] | You want to talk about doing things yourself? | 你想说你拥有的这一切都是靠你自己 |
[29:41] | Who do you think stayed home and kept our family together | 那是谁在你忙着烤松饼 |
[29:44] | while you were too busy baking muffins | 忙到没时间给孩子做晚餐时 |
[29:46] | to make dinner for your kids? | 留在家里稳固家庭 |
[29:47] | Don’t you dare attack me as a mother! | 你别拿母亲职责来说我 |
[29:49] | You cheated on me! | 是你对我不忠 |
[29:51] | Esther, I’m sorry. | 埃斯特 对不起 |
[29:55] | I made a mistake. | 我的确做了错事 |
[29:57] | But I did give up everything for you. | 但我确实为你放弃了一切 |
[30:00] | I put my life on hold. | 我暂停了自己的人生追求 |
[30:02] | I sacrificed my dream for yours. | 为了成全你的梦想放弃了自己的 |
[30:04] | I’m never gonna get those years back. | 我不可能再追回逝去的岁月了 |
[30:06] | No, Jeffrey. | 不 杰弗里 |
[30:08] | We had everything, | 我们曾经拥有一切 |
[30:10] | and you ruined it. | 是你把这一切都毁了 |
[30:12] | All right, that’s enough. | 行了 可以了 |
[30:16] | You have our final offer. | 我们最终报价你们已经拿到了 |
[30:21] | This better not be about Robert Zane again. | 这次最好别再是罗伯特·赞恩的事 |
[30:24] | – Just give me one minute. – God damn it. | -给我一分钟就好 -见鬼 |
[30:26] | One of his clients purchased shares of Kelton, | 他有一个客户买了凯尔顿的股份 |
[30:28] | and if they acted on privileged information– | 如果他们按保密信息处理… |
[30:30] | I know the law. | 我懂法律 |
[30:31] | Well, then you know it’s unethical at best | 那你知道这么做轻则违反职业道德 |
[30:32] | and illegal at worst. | 重则违反法律 |
[30:35] | What do you want from me? | 你要我怎么做 |
[30:37] | I want to know if you think he knew. | 我知道你觉得他是否事前知晓 |
[30:39] | What the hell difference does that make? | 这有什么分别 |
[30:40] | It’s the difference between a legitimate settlement | 区别在于这算合法结案 |
[30:42] | and stock manipulation. | 还是股价操纵 |
[30:45] | You mean it would make him a fraud? | 你是说这会让他变成诈骗犯 |
[30:50] | This isn’t the same thing, and you know it. | 这是两码事 你知道 |
[30:52] | I’m not trying to screw over my clients. | 我不想让玩弄我的委托人 |
[30:54] | Why would you even bring that up right now? | 你为什么要提起那茬 |
[30:55] | Because you begged me for this case | 因为你当初求我接这个案子 |
[30:57] | and a chance to work with that man. | 还要和那个人合作 |
[30:58] | And if he colluded with them, | 如果他和保险公司勾结 |
[31:00] | we can stick a better settlement down their throats. | 我们可以逼他们给更高的赔偿 |
[31:02] | Do you really think Robert Zane is dirty enough to do that? | 你真觉得罗伯特·赞恩会卑鄙到做那种事 |
[31:05] | I don’t know, but I find it hard to believe | 我不知道 但我很难相信 |
[31:07] | that he’s dumb enough not to know. | 他会愚钝到忽略此事 |
[31:09] | My dad’s not dumb. | 我爸爸才不蠢 |
[31:13] | – And he’s not dirty. – Rachel… | -也不卑鄙 -瑞秋 |
[31:14] | And the last time someone called him shady, | 上次路易说他阴险 |
[31:16] | it was Louis, and you almost punched him over it. | 你还几乎要举拳打他 |
[31:19] | This is different. | 这是两码事 |
[31:20] | This is the same. | 就是一码事 |
[31:22] | You were gonna punch him because an attack on me | 你要打他是因为侮辱我 |
[31:24] | is an attack on you. | 就是侮辱你 |
[31:26] | Well, attack on my father is an attack on me, | 现在我说侮辱我父亲就是侮辱我 |
[31:28] | and you’re the one who’s doing it. | 而做这件事的人正是你 |
[31:30] | Nobody’s attacking anybody. | 我没有侮辱谁 |
[31:31] | Mike, you once came to me | 迈克 你曾经 |
[31:34] | asking me to give you the benefit of the doubt, | 要求我不要轻易对你下定论 |
[31:38] | and I gave it to you. | 我给了你机会 |
[31:40] | So the least you can do is give it to him. | 所以你至少也该给他机会 |
[31:52] | I was hoping you had good news, | 我本来期待你能给我好消息呢 |
[31:54] | but you’re not pouring that drink because we have a deal. | 但你在这儿自斟自饮好像不是因为成交了 |
[31:59] | We don’t, but we can. | 是还没成交 但也可以成交了 |
[32:01] | What are you saying? | 你什么意思 |
[32:04] | I’m saying they offered 30%, | 我的意思是他们要求30% |
[32:07] | and I talked them down to 25%. | 我谈到了25% |
[32:10] | And why should I take it? | 我凭什么接受25% |
[32:11] | Because he’s not the one dragging this fight out anymore. | 因为纠缠不放已经不再是他了 |
[32:14] | You are. | 是你 |
[32:15] | And whether or not you believe | 而且不管你相不相信 |
[32:17] | he gave up everything for you, he does. | 他为你放弃了一切 这都是事实 |
[32:21] | Tell me I don’t have the right to be angry. | 我难道没权利生气吗 |
[32:27] | Do you know why I never even considered | 你知道我为什么根本不考虑 |
[32:29] | becoming a divorce attorney? | 做离婚律师吗 |
[32:31] | Because it’s beneath you. | 大材小用吗 |
[32:33] | Because there are children involved. | 因为牵涉到孩子 |
[32:36] | When people get caught up in divorce… | 当人们陷入离婚的泥潭 |
[32:41] | they forget there are some things in life | 就会忘记生活中其实还有 |
[32:43] | that are more important than money. | 比金钱重要的东西 |
[32:53] | Okay, Harvey. | 好吧 哈维 |
[32:56] | 25% 25%. | |
[33:05] | You know, you’re not exactly | 我得说 你和我想象的哈维·斯佩克特 |
[33:08] | the Harvey Specter I was expecting. | 不太一样呢 |
[33:11] | Is that a good thing or a bad thing? | 这是好事还是坏事 |
[33:13] | A good thing. | 好事 |
[33:14] | You’re not exactly the louis’s sister I was expecting. | 你和我对路易妹妹的想象也相去甚远 |
[33:17] | Is that a good thing or a bad thing? | 这又是好事还是坏事 |
[33:19] | A good thing. Definitely a good thing. | 好事 绝对是好事 |
[33:25] | Would you like to take me home tonight? | 今晚你还愿意带我回家吗 |
[33:30] | I would. | 愿意 |
[33:31] | But I need you to sign that first. | 但你得先把这个签了 |
[33:34] | Why is that? | 为什么 |
[33:35] | Because then you won’t be my client anymore. | 因为签了之后你就不是我的委托人了 |
[33:41] | A man with a code. | 很有原则嘛 |
[33:45] | Maybe you are a white knight after all. | 你可能还真是个光明骑士 |
[33:48] | Come on, let’s get out of here. | 行了 我们走吧 |
[34:07] | Louis, it’s midnight. What’s– | 路易 大半夜的 你到底 |
[34:08] | Harvey’s screwing Esther. | 哈维坑了埃斯特 |
[34:10] | – What? – Look at this. | -什么 -你看 |
[34:12] | It’s an agreement that Esther signed | 这是埃斯特签的协议 |
[34:14] | that agrees to give Jeffrey 25%. | 同意给杰弗里25% |
[34:16] | That’s 5% more than she needs to pay that son of a bitch. | 这比她答应给那混蛋的多了5% |
[34:19] | Where did you get this? | 你在哪看到的 |
[34:19] | Well, I was walking down the hall. | 我走在走廊里 |
[34:20] | I saw two glasses, a bottle of scotch, and that. | 看到两个杯子一瓶威士忌 还有这个 |
[34:24] | He got her drunk, so he could screw me over. | 他灌醉了她 以此报复我 |
[34:25] | Okay, there is no way Harvey would ever do that. | 哈维绝不会干这种事的 |
[34:30] | You woke me up in the middle of the night to tell me that? | 你大半夜吵醒我就为了说这个啊 |
[34:32] | Donna, 5% extra is $3 million. | 唐娜 多给5%就是三百万 |
[34:34] | How do you explain that? | 你怎么解释这个 |
[34:35] | – I can’t. – I can. | -解释不了 -我来解释 |
[34:37] | He’s trying to get me back about his compensation | 他是要借坑我家人来报复我 |
[34:39] | by trying to screw over another litt. | 为他酬金的事 |
[34:40] | So what I need you to do– | 所以我需要你 |
[34:42] | Louis, the only thing that I need to do | 路易 我需要做的唯一一件事 |
[34:43] | is tell you you’re crazy and go back to sleep. | 就是告诉你你疯了 然后回屋睡觉 |
[34:47] | And if you do anything between now and tomorrow | 如果到明早之前 除当面质问哈维之外 |
[34:49] | other than confront Harvey face-to-face, so help me God, | 你做了任何事 我发誓 |
[34:52] | you will not have a secretary in the morning. | 你明天一早就没有秘书了 |
[35:10] | I’m letting it go. | 我打算放下这件事了 |
[35:12] | Does that have something to do | 这和你 |
[35:13] | with where you’ve been so early in the morning? | 一大早去的地方有关吗 |
[35:15] | Yeah. | 有 |
[35:17] | You went to see my dad? | 你去见我爸爸了 |
[35:18] | I went to see Emma Powell, | 我去见艾玛·鲍尔了 |
[35:20] | asked her how she felt about the settlement. | 问她对协议的看法 |
[35:24] | She said it would change her life. | 她说这会改变她的生活 |
[35:26] | You said it wasn’t enough money. | 你就跟她说钱给少了 |
[35:27] | She didn’t even mention the money. | 她都没提钱的事 |
[35:29] | She said, for her, the settlement was proof | 她说对她来说 这个结果证明了 |
[35:31] | that Kelton didn’t do right by her husband, | 凯尔顿在她丈夫的事情上有过错 |
[35:33] | and that was all she needed. | 而那是她唯一需要的 |
[35:36] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[35:36] | So because the plaintiff was happy, | 所以就因为原告满意了 |
[35:38] | all of a sudden, you think my dad’s an honest man. | 突然之间 你就觉得我爸爸是个诚实的人了 |
[35:40] | No. | 不是 |
[35:42] | I went there to see if I could let it go. | 我去是为了看能不能让这事过去 |
[35:47] | I know your dad is an honest man | 我知道你爸爸是个诚实的人 |
[35:49] | because he’s raised someone like you. | 因为他养成了你这样的女儿 |
[35:53] | You were right. | 你说得对 |
[35:54] | I never should have questioned his integrity. | 我不该质疑他的正直 |
[35:59] | I was also right | 我还有一点也是对的 |
[36:00] | that you never should’ve taken this case. | 你就不该接这个案子 |
[36:02] | No, you were wrong about that. | 不 那件事你错了 |
[36:05] | I told you we might fight, | 我跟你说过 我们可能会吵架 |
[36:07] | but it would bring us closer together, | 但那会让我们更亲密 |
[36:09] | and it did. | 那也确实实现了 |
[36:11] | And not just me and your father. | 不仅是我跟你爸爸 |
[36:13] | What does that mean? | 你指什么 |
[36:14] | I mean you and your father. | 还有你跟你爸爸 |
[36:17] | I have never seen you leap to his defense like that. | 我从没见过你那样毫不犹豫地维护他 |
[36:20] | I did leap to his defense, didn’t I? | 我毫不犹豫地维护他 有吗 |
[36:22] | You sure did. | 当然有 |
[36:30] | You think our daughter will leap to my defense | 你觉得我们的女儿会毫不犹豫地维护我吗 |
[36:31] | like that one day? | 某天 像你一样 |
[36:34] | She sure will. | 她会的 |
[36:46] | Louis, what are you doing here? | 路易 你在这里做什么 |
[36:48] | I’ll tell you what I’m doing here. | 我来告诉你我在做什么 |
[36:50] | I’m coming to you face-to-face about screwing my sister. | 我来当面跟你谈你坑了我妹妹的事 |
[36:53] | Excuse me? | 你说什么 |
[36:54] | I saw the terms, Harvey. They’re a joke. | 我看了条款 哈维 简直开玩笑 |
[36:56] | No, they’re what Esther wanted. | 不 那些是埃斯特想要的 |
[36:58] | And you swore you’d stay out of this. | 而你发过誓 不管这事 |
[37:01] | Well, it’s a good thing I didn’t | 我没管真是好事 |
[37:03] | because there’s no way she wanted to give away | 因为她不可能想要送掉 |
[37:04] | millions of dollars. | 几百万美元 |
[37:05] | It’s called being charitable in order to move on. | 那叫退一步海阔天空 |
[37:08] | It’s called Jeffrey’s a piece of shit, | 那叫杰弗里是堆垃圾 |
[37:10] | not the March of Dimes. | 他又不是优生优育基金会 |
[37:12] | He should be getting nothing. | 他什么都不该得 |
[37:13] | Instead of being focused on what he gets, | 与其关注他得到了什么 |
[37:15] | you should be focused on what Esther gets, | 你不如看看埃斯特得到了什么 |
[37:17] | which is to be happy. | 她很开心 |
[37:18] | Wrong, Litts are never happy, | 错了 利特家的人从不会开心 |
[37:19] | and you’re using her to get to me. | 而你在利用她伤害我 |
[37:21] | How the hell am I doing that? | 我要怎么才能用这办法伤到你呢 |
[37:22] | You think I went after your money | 你觉得我利用 |
[37:22] | by changing the firm’s compensation structure. | 调整律所薪资结构来抢你的钱 |
[37:24] | You did come after my money! | 你是抢了我的钱 |
[37:25] | And now you’re going after Esther’s to even the score. | 现在你在抢埃斯特的钱来扳回一局 |
[37:28] | If I wanted to even the score, | 我要想扳回一局 |
[37:29] | I wouldn’t come after your sister. | 是不会去找你妹妹的 |
[37:31] | I’d be coming after you. | 我会找你 |
[37:32] | And for your information, | 你听好了 |
[37:33] | I convinced her to be forgiving by telling her | 我之所以能说服她选择原谅 |
[37:36] | that there are some things in life | 是因为我告诉她 |
[37:38] | that are more important than money. | 世上有很多事比钱重要 |
[37:39] | Bullshit! You don’t believe that. | 胡说 这话你自己都不相信 |
[37:41] | Louis, I didn’t take this to get back at you. | 路易 我没想做这事报复你 |
[37:43] | I took it because it was a chance to bury the hatchet | 我做这事是因为这是我们停战 |
[37:46] | and move on. | 然后往前走的机会 |
[37:47] | So either let these terms stand, | 所以你要么让那些条款生效 |
[37:49] | or do what you always do and screw everything up. | 要么就像你平时一样 搞砸一切 |
[38:01] | Robert, I’m glad you’re here– | 罗伯特 我很高兴你来了 |
[38:02] | What the hell did you do? | 你做了什么 |
[38:05] | What are you talking about? | 你指的是什么 |
[38:07] | I went to see Emma Powell, | 我去见了艾玛·鲍尔 |
[38:08] | But I swear to god, I did not undermine the settlement. | 但我发誓 我没有破坏和解 |
[38:10] | I’m not talking about that. | 我不是说那个 |
[38:11] | I’m talking about you going behind my back to Arcadian. | 我在说你背着我去找阿卡迪亚基金 |
[38:15] | I didn’t do that. | 我没去 |
[38:15] | Oh, you expect me to believe that | 在你上次跟我说了那些之后 |
[38:17] | after all the shit you told me the last time I saw you? | 你还指望我相信你吗 |
[38:19] | You can believe it or not, | 你信不信无所谓 |
[38:19] | but I’m telling you I didn’t do anything. | 但我要告诉你 我什么都没做 |
[38:21] | – Then who did? – I did. | -那是谁做的 -是我 |
[38:24] | You said if he colluded with Arcadian, | 你说如果他跟阿卡迪亚基金有串通 |
[38:26] | then we could shove a bigger settlement down their throats. | 我们就可以逼他们出一大笔和解金 |
[38:28] | But he didn’t have to collude, | 但他没必要勾结 |
[38:30] | because Arcadian already had access to that settlement. | 因为阿卡迪亚基金已经拿到那份和解协议了 |
[38:33] | which makes it insider trading anyway. | 这样无论如何都属于内幕交易 |
[38:35] | And I pointed out to them | 我还向他们指出 |
[38:36] | that if they were to divest their shares | 如果他们只把他们的股份 |
[38:38] | to our clients who don’t have insider knowledge, | 抛售给那些不掌握内幕消息的客户 |
[38:41] | then they’ve done nothing wrong. | 那他们就没有违法 |
[38:43] | No harm done. | 没有造成损失 |
[38:44] | The harm is you lost me my client | 损失就是你害我失去了我客户 |
[38:45] | and made me look like a fool. | 还让我当了傻子 |
[38:47] | No, Robert, they did that | 不 罗伯特 是他们拿你当了傻子 |
[38:48] | by not telling you what they did. | 他们向你隐瞒了他们的作为 |
[38:50] | Which means the client you lost | 意味着你失去的这个客户 |
[38:51] | was breaking the law. | 早已违法了 |
[38:52] | And worse than that, | 更糟糕的是 |
[38:54] | they were lying to their lawyer. | 他们跟自己的律师撒谎 |
[38:56] | So you think this is funny? | 所以你觉得这很好玩吗 |
[38:57] | No, I don’t. | 没有 我没觉得 |
[38:59] | I think your future son-in-law | 我觉得你未来的女婿 |
[39:01] | trusted you had nothing to do with it | 相信你与此没有任何关系 |
[39:03] | and then saved your ass from committing a crime. | 并且帮你避免了犯罪 |
[39:06] | You’re…welcome? | 不…客气 |
[39:11] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[39:14] | And you have my condolences. | 还有请你节哀 |
[39:16] | – For what? – For having to deal with him. | -节什么哀 -因为要跟他打交道 |
[39:18] | Oh, you have no idea. | 你根本不理解有多麻烦 |
[39:20] | Hey, right here. I’m standing right here, guys. | 看这里 我还在这里呢 伙计们 |
[39:23] | Can I buy you a drink? | 我请你喝杯酒怎么样 |
[39:27] | If you guys, you know, need anything fixed or saved | 如果你们需要修补 挽救什么 |
[39:30] | that no one else seems to be able to do, I’ll be right here. | 别人不会的东西 随时找我 |
[39:38] | What are you doing here? | 你来这里干什么 |
[39:42] | I wanted to tell you how grateful I am. | 我想告诉你我有多么感激你 |
[39:44] | – You don’t need to do that. – Yes. | -你没必要这样 -不 |
[39:47] | I do. | 真的 |
[39:50] | This whole mess | 这个烂摊子 |
[39:53] | has been the hardest thing I’ve ever gone through. | 是我经历过最艰难的事情 |
[39:57] | And I wouldn’t have gotten through it | 如果没有你提醒我 |
[39:59] | Without you reminding me what’s really important. | 真正重要的是什么 我不可能挺过来的 |
[40:05] | Thank you for that. | 谢谢你这么说 |
[40:08] | Take care, Harvey. | 保重 哈维 |
[40:10] | Good luck, Esther. | 祝你好运 埃斯特 |
[40:15] | Oh, by the way, | 顺便说一句 |
[40:17] | Louis wanted me to tell you | 路易也想让我告诉你 |
[40:18] | how grateful he is too. | 他非常感谢 |
[40:39] | – Harvey. – Louis. | -哈维 -路易 |
[40:41] | What can I do for you? | 要我帮你做什么 |
[40:43] | Remember when I said, if wanted you | 记得我说过 如果我要你 |
[40:45] | to make up for the compensation vote, | 弥补薪金投票的事情 |
[40:47] | I would come to you directly? | 我会直接来找你吗 |
[40:49] | Well, now I am. | 现在我就来了 |
[40:51] | Well, what happened to | 那你说的 |
[40:53] | “some things in life are more important than money”? | “生活中有些事情比钱更重要”又是怎么回事 |
[40:55] | This isn’t about the money. | 这跟钱没关系 |
[40:57] | This is about making things right. | 只是为了做正确的事情 |
[41:04] | I’m sorry, Harvey. | 我很抱歉 哈维 |
[41:07] | For what? | 为什么 |
[41:08] | I act like I don’t know Esther’s beautiful, | 我表现得像不知道埃斯特有多漂亮一样 |
[41:10] | But I do. | 但我知道 |
[41:13] | It started when we were in junior high | 我们上初中的时候就开始了 |
[41:15] | and all the cool kids would hang out with me | 所有型男都想跟我一起玩 |
[41:17] | just so they could get close to her. | 这样他们就有机会接近她 |
[41:20] | Sometimes it worked, and sometimes it didn’t, | 有时候这招管用 有时候没用 |
[41:22] | But either way, when it was over… | 但不论如何 这阶段一结束 |
[41:28] | they all acted like they didn’t know me at all. | 他们都跟从不认识我一样 |
[41:33] | So when I thought | 所以当我想到 |
[41:35] | you were using her to get to me, I, uh– | 你在利用她来对付我 我就… |
[41:38] | I wasn’t doing that, Louis. | 我没那样 路易 |
[41:41] | I know. | 我知道 |
[41:45] | I’ll take care of the compensation issue. | 我会处理好薪金的问题 |
[41:58] | What can I do for you, Harvey? | 需要我帮你做什么 哈维 |
[42:00] | I wanted to thank you. | 我想谢谢你 |
[42:02] | For what? | 谢什么 |
[42:04] | For 12 years. | 你的十二年 |