时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:07] | You walked out of our session because you didn’t want | 你咨询中途的时候走掉是因为 |
[00:09] | – to talk about your mother. – You’re insane. | -你不想谈你的母亲 -你简直疯了 |
[00:10] | And you’re a self-serving narcissist | 而你是个自私自利的自恋狂 |
[00:12] | who will do or say anything to get what he wants. | 为了得到自己想要的东西不择手段 |
[00:15] | It’s my sister’s company. I’ll give you her business. | 是我妹妹的公司 我会把她这个客户给你 |
[00:17] | All you have to do is handle her divorce. | 而你只需解决她的离婚案 |
[00:19] | All right, I’ll do it. | 好吧 |
[00:20] | Promise me you won’t sleep with esther. | 答应我你不会跟埃斯特睡 |
[00:22] | The last thing I want to do is sleep with your sister. | 我最不想做的事就是和你妹妹睡 |
[00:25] | Would you like to take me home tonight? | 今晚你还愿意带我回家吗 |
[00:27] | I would. | 愿意 |
[00:28] | Jack Soloff signed Fletcher as a client | 弗莱彻成了杰克·索罗夫的客户 |
[00:30] | And now I have to let McKernon go. | 而我如今得放弃麦肯诺了 |
[00:32] | I’m sorry you’re in this position right now. | 很抱歉你的尴尬处境 |
[00:34] | I’m not the one who put you in it. | 害你陷入这种处境的不是我 |
[00:35] | Jack Soloff is. | 是杰克·索罗夫 |
[00:37] | This is your last chance to work with me. | 这是你最后一次跟我合作的机会 |
[00:40] | Take it and you have a future, | 抓住机会 你还有前途 |
[00:41] | Don’t and you can go ask Daniel Hardman for a job. | 抓不住 就去丹尼尔·哈德曼那求职吧 |
[00:45] | I’m ready to talk about my mother. | 我准备好谈我母亲了 |
[01:08] | Mom? | 妈妈 |
[01:14] | – Mom? – Harvey. | -妈妈 -哈维 |
[01:17] | What are you– what are you doing here? | 你…你怎么回来了 |
[01:19] | I got sent home from school. | 学校让我回家 |
[01:21] | I threw up. | 我吐了 |
[01:22] | Oh, well, let’s get you to bed. | 那快去躺下吧 |
[01:24] | Hey, Lil, I was thinking that– | 莉儿 我在想 |
[01:26] | – Who’s that? – Honey, you remember | -他是谁 -宝贝 你还记得 |
[01:28] | our cousin– my cousin Scott? | 我们的 我的堂兄斯考特吗 |
[01:32] | No. | 不记得 |
[01:32] | Course you do. He’s Cousin Judy’s brother. | 你当然记得 他是朱迪叔叔的兄弟 |
[01:35] | I don’t feel good. | 我不太舒服 |
[01:37] | Oh, yeah, you’re burning up. | 你发烧了 |
[01:39] | Let’s get you to bed. | 快去床上躺下 |
[01:41] | And let’s not tell Dad about Cousin Scott. | 别告诉爸爸斯考特叔叔的事 |
[01:43] | Okay? ‘Cause they don’t get along. | 好吗 他们关系不太好 |
[01:48] | Come on. | 来吧 |
[01:50] | You poor thing. | 可怜的孩子 |
[01:53] | “You poor thing.” That’s what stuck with me. | “可怜的孩子” 我至今难以忘怀 |
[01:57] | She said “You poor thing,” | 她嘴上虽然这么说 |
[01:58] | but she didn’t give a shit about me. | 而事实上她根本一点都不在乎我 |
[02:01] | And did you know what you saw? | 你那时明白自己看见的事吗 |
[02:04] | No, I just knew something was wrong. | 不 我只知道有事情不对 |
[02:07] | And you didn’t tell your father? | 你没有告诉你父亲 |
[02:09] | She told me not to. | 她让我别说 |
[02:11] | And you trusted her? | 而你相信了她 |
[02:13] | I did. | 是的 |
[02:15] | Harvey, I never thought I’d be saying this to you, | 哈维 我从没想过我会对你说这句话 |
[02:17] | but I’m proud. | 但我很为你骄傲 |
[02:18] | It took an amazing amount of courage to tell me that. | 告诉我这些是很需要勇气的 |
[02:21] | – We’re not gonna hug, are we? – No, we’re not. | -你不是要和我抱抱吧 -当然不 |
[02:23] | But it does feel good to end a session | 但真高兴我们终于有了一次 |
[02:24] | on a positive note for once. | 圆满结束的咨询 |
[02:32] | Peterson case, huh? | 在忙皮特森的案子啊 |
[02:34] | I remember when I used to handle that asshole. | 我还记得我和那混蛋打交道的时候 |
[02:36] | Funny, I don’t remember inviting you into my office. | 有意思 我好像没请你进我办公室 |
[02:40] | Oh, yeah, that’s right, it must be because | 对了 一定是因为 |
[02:41] | it’s something that I would never do. | 那是我绝对不会做的事 |
[02:43] | Listen, Mike, I know I pulled some shit with you and Louis, | 迈克 我知道我阴过你和路易 |
[02:46] | but I’m here to make things right with you. | 但现在我是来与你和解的 |
[02:48] | Not interested. | 没兴趣 |
[02:50] | Just hear me out. | 听我说完 |
[02:55] | What the hell is this? | 这是什么东西 |
[02:56] | It’s a case that’s tailor-made for someone | 一个为有冲基金背景的人 |
[02:58] | with a hedge fund background. | 量身定做的好案子 |
[03:01] | New York teacher’s pension fund | 纽约教师的退休基金 |
[03:02] | just lost 30% of their annual income. | 直接少了三成的年收入 |
[03:05] | They put half their portfolio in derivatives without hedging? | 他们不经对冲就把一半资产投资了衍生品 |
[03:08] | Not just derivatives. Derivatives created | 不是一般的衍生品 是施特劳斯银行 |
[03:10] | and marketed by Strauss Bank | 为了提高收益 |
[03:11] | to increase their own revenue. | 专门创造和经营的衍生品 |
[03:15] | Sorry, Jack, I don’t work with people that I don’t trust | 抱歉 杰克 我从不与我不信任的人合作 |
[03:17] | and I don’t trust somebody who comes to me saying their trying | 也从不相信那些连一个好理由都没有 |
[03:19] | to make things right without a good reason. | 就请求和解的人 |
[03:21] | You want the reason? Jessica told me to. | 你想要理由 是杰西卡要我这么做的 |
[03:23] | Yeah, well, she didn’t tell me. | 她没和我说过 |
[03:25] | And until she does… | 在她说之前 |
[03:26] | you can get out of my office. | 你可以滚出我的办公室了 |
[03:37] | The Simon brief is on your desk | 西蒙案子的简报在你桌上 |
[03:38] | and I moved your Wednesday noon meeting to five. | 我把你周三中午的会议移到下午五点了 |
[03:41] | Why’d you do that? | 为什么 |
[03:41] | Because Anthony Kimball’s most honest | 因为安东尼·金博尔在喝酒的时候 |
[03:43] | with a drink in him. | 最易吐真言 |
[03:44] | And on top of that, | 除此之外 |
[03:45] | I wouldn’t want you to have to work too hard | 我也不希望你在生日这天 |
[03:47] | – on your birthday. – What? It’s not my birthday. | -还辛苦工作 -什么 今天不是我生日 |
[03:50] | Oh, come on, you can tell me. | 拜托 你可以和我说的 |
[03:51] | What is it? 48? 49? | 几岁了 48 49 |
[03:53] | – The big 6-0? – A: I’m not the one pushing 60. | -还是六十 -首先 快六十的人可不是我 |
[03:57] | You better not be talking to me. | 你最好不是在指我 |
[03:58] | B: if it were, I’d be drinking with someone | 其次 就算是 我也一定会找一个 |
[04:00] | a lot prettier than Anthony Kimball. | 比安东尼·金博尔好看得多的酒伴 |
[04:03] | Then why is wednesday night permanently blocked out | 那为什么你日历上的周三晚被 |
[04:05] | on your calendar? | 永久预定了 |
[04:13] | – Donna. – Harvey. | -唐娜 -哈维 |
[04:15] | – You look busy. – I look busy because I am busy. | -你看上去很忙啊 -因为我确实很忙 |
[04:22] | Too busy to join me at Del Posto on wednesday night? | 忙得都没空和我在周三晚上去戴尔波斯特吃饭了 |
[04:26] | Harvey, we don’t need to do that anymore. | 哈维 我们不用再去了 |
[04:28] | Then why did you leave it | 那你为什么 |
[04:30] | permanently blocked off on my calendar? | 要在我日历上永久预定这一天 |
[04:31] | Because I did that a long time ago | 因为那是我很久以前做的事 |
[04:33] | and when I left your desk I forgot to undo it. | 而我离开时忘记取消了 |
[04:35] | Then why don’t we pretend that you forgot | 那我们为什么索性当做你是故意 |
[04:37] | to undo it on purpose? | 没有取消的呢 |
[04:39] | I don’t work for you anymore. | 我不再为你工作了 |
[04:40] | What would we be celebrating? | 还庆祝什么 |
[04:41] | Instead of celebrating the day you came to my desk, | 虽然不能再庆祝你来为我工作的纪念日 |
[04:44] | how about we celebrate… | 我们来庆祝下 |
[04:46] | two weeks of being on decent terms? | 和平共处两周吧 |
[04:48] | It’s only been a week and a half. | 但刚过了一周半 |
[04:50] | Seriously, Donna? | 真的吗 唐娜 |
[04:53] | I don’t just want to be on decent terms. | 我不想只是和平共处 |
[04:55] | I want to get back to being friends. | 我想继续和你当朋友 |
[04:56] | That’s really nice, Harvey. | 那真的很好 哈维 |
[05:00] | See you Wednesday night. | 周三晚上见 |
[05:07] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[05:10] | Jessica. | 杰西卡 |
[05:12] | What a pleasant surprise. | 看到你真是又惊又喜 |
[05:14] | I think we both know that it isn’t. | 我们都知道那不是真的 |
[05:15] | – Pleasant? Or a surprise? – Either. | -喜 还是惊 -都不是 |
[05:18] | Because we also both know that Jack Soloff | 因为我们都知道杰克·索罗夫 |
[05:19] | came to see you before I did. | 在我之前找过你 |
[05:21] | Is there a problem with that? | 那有什么问题吗 |
[05:22] | There is if you’re colluding | 如果你试图和我的合伙人 |
[05:23] | with one of my partners to take over my firm. | 合谋夺取我的律所的话 就有问题 |
[05:26] | Jack came to me | 杰克来找过我 |
[05:28] | asking for advice about how to land a new client. | 向我请教如何搞定一个新客户 |
[05:30] | He was so determined I was suddenly reminded | 他的志在必得 让我想到了哈维的 |
[05:33] | – of Harvey’s first client. – McKernon Motors. | -第一个客户 -麦肯诺汽车公司 |
[05:36] | A client he cared so much about | 他那么在意这个客户 |
[05:37] | he gave up a promotion | 以至于可以为了信守承诺 |
[05:38] | just to keep his word. | 放弃了一次升迁机会 |
[05:40] | It’s hard to forget a move like that. | 这种举动很难让人忘怀 |
[05:42] | It’s also hard to forget your history | 你企图溜回我律所的种种行为 |
[05:45] | of worming your way back into my firm. | 也很难让人忘怀 |
[05:47] | So, if you’re looking for someone to mentor, Daniel, | 如果你想给人当导师 丹尼尔 |
[05:49] | go find yourself an afterschool program. | 去给课外辅导班上上课吧 |
[05:51] | But stay the hell outta my house. | 但离我的地盘远点 |
[05:53] | Jessica… | 杰西卡 |
[05:54] | I have no interest in your shitty firm | 我对你的烂律所才没兴趣呢 |
[05:58] | and I don’t have to enter your house to damage it. | 也用不着我进入你的地盘摧毁它 |
[06:00] | You did that all by yourself | 在你放弃弗莱彻引擎公司时 |
[06:02] | the second you let Fletcher Engines go. | 就已亲自完成了这个任务 |
[06:04] | Jack tell you that? | 杰克告诉你的吗 |
[06:05] | Fletcher Engines told everyone that. | 弗莱彻引擎公司告诉了所有人 |
[06:07] | And you told your entire firm that you care more about | 你也告诉你整个律所比起他们 |
[06:09] | Harvey Specter than you do about them. | 你更在乎哈维·斯佩克特 |
[06:12] | Now, if you’ll excuse me, I have a meeting | 失陪了 我有个会 |
[06:14] | in my new office. | 要在我的新办公室开 |
[06:17] | It’s so nice to be back in the city. | 回到这个城市感觉太好了 |
[06:57] | Clean out your things and get the hell out of my firm. | 收拾你的东西 滚出我的律所 |
[07:00] | – What? – I gave you one last chance | -什么 -我给了你最后的机会 |
[07:02] | to play nice, and you blew it. | 而你搞砸了 |
[07:04] | – How did I blow it? – Oh, you’re going to deny | -我怎么搞砸了 -你是要否认 |
[07:05] | that you’ve been spreading word around the office | 你在公司散播消息 |
[07:08] | that I told you to drop Fletcher Engines? | 说我让你放弃弗莱彻引擎公司吗 |
[07:10] | Yes. I’m gonna deny it, because I didn’t do it. | 是的 我否认 因为我没说过 |
[07:12] | Then how the hell does everybody know? | 那其他人怎么知道的 |
[07:14] | Because I told them when I signed Fletcher. | 因为我签下弗莱彻的时候告诉他们了 |
[07:17] | Which I wouldn’t have done if I’d known | 但如果我知道你会放弃他们 |
[07:19] | you were gonna drop them | 就不会那么做 |
[07:20] | Because it made me look like shit. | 因为这让我看起来很惨 |
[07:22] | Well, it didn’t make me come out smelling like a rose either. | 这也没让我好过 |
[07:24] | And your mentor seems to have known that. | 你的导师好像也知道了这事 |
[07:26] | He’s not my mentor. | 他不是我的导师 |
[07:28] | I went to him for advice, | 我去问过他的建议 |
[07:29] | and all it got me was almost getting fired. | 然后就让我差点被炒掉 |
[07:31] | But you said you’d give me one more chance, | 但你说你会再给我一次机会 |
[07:33] | and I’ve been trying to take it. | 我也在努力尝试了 |
[07:35] | Give me one good example of that. | 举个例子 |
[07:36] | I approached Mike Ross to work with me this morning. | 我今早去找迈克·罗斯合作 |
[07:38] | And by the way, he spat in my face. | 顺便提一下 他当场打了我的脸 |
[07:44] | Jessica… | 杰西卡 |
[07:46] | You made your point and I heard you. | 你表明了立场 我也听了 |
[07:49] | if you’re just gonna fire me anyway, | 如果你无论怎样都要解雇我 |
[07:51] | why give me the chance in the first place? | 当初为什么还给我机会呢 |
[07:55] | A joke? Uh, do you hear me laughing? | 开玩笑 你听到我笑了吗 |
[07:58] | 10% is 11% more than you deserve. | 10%已经比你应得的多11%了 |
[08:01] | I– | 我 |
[08:02] | What the hell? | 怎么回事 |
[08:04] | This better be important. | 这事最好很重要 |
[08:05] | I was just about to close a deal. | 我刚要敲定一个交易 |
[08:06] | I just heard a rumor | 我听到一个传闻 |
[08:07] | that Jack Soloff signed Fletcher Engines. | 杰克·索罗夫刚签下了弗莱彻引擎公司 |
[08:09] | That’s ridiculous–everyone knows we can’t sign Fletcher | 不可能 大家都知道如果我们签了麦肯诺 |
[08:12] | if we represent McKernon. | 就不能签弗莱彻 |
[08:13] | I’ll tell you what everyone knows, Louis. | 路易 大家知道的是 |
[08:14] | Jack signed Fletcher. | 杰克签了弗莱彻 |
[08:16] | Jessica forced him to drop them, | 杰西卡强迫他放弃了他们 |
[08:18] | and the only reason Jack would have done that | 杰克当初能这么做的唯一原因 |
[08:20] | in the first place is if you were fired by McKernon. | 就是被麦肯诺解雇了 |
[08:23] | Harvey, I can explain. | 哈维 我可以解释 |
[08:25] | God damn it. I knew it. | 天哪 我就知道 |
[08:26] | Just wait a minute. Harvey, listen to me. | 等等 哈维 听我说 |
[08:29] | Jack set us up. | 杰克陷害了我们 |
[08:30] | He acted as if he was cooperating | 他假装很合作 |
[08:32] | when all along he was looking to blow up the deal. | 但其实一直在等待机会搞破坏 |
[08:33] | Why the hell didn’t you come to me when it happened? | 那事情发生时你为什么不来找我 |
[08:35] | Because we wanted to fix it ourselves. | 因为我们想自己把问题解决 |
[08:36] | Wanting to fix it yourself | 想自己解决 |
[08:37] | is the cause of every problem you and I have ever had, | 是你我之间所有问题的原因 |
[08:39] | and now you’re teaching that bullshit to Mike? | 现在你还把这个狗屁技能教给迈克了 |
[08:41] | You know what, mike and I worked on that deal together, | 你知道吗 迈克和我一起合作的那个案子 |
[08:43] | and we kicked ass. | 我们做的非常完美 |
[08:44] | I’m happy, Mike’s happy, Dominic’s happy, | 我很高兴 迈克也高兴 多米尼克也高兴 |
[08:47] | and I’ll tell you why. | 我可以告诉你为什么 |
[08:48] | Because I’m a damn good attorney, and you know it. | 因为我是个非常棒的律师 你也知道这点 |
[08:50] | So if that’s the only thing you came in here for, | 所以如果你来就是为了这件事 |
[08:52] | I would like to close my deal now. | 我要去完成我的交易了 |
[09:02] | Mr. Specter, Esther Litt just called. | 斯佩克特先生 埃斯特·利特刚刚打来电话 |
[09:04] | She has an urgent matter. Needs to see you right away. | 她有急事 要马上见你 |
[09:06] | Did she say what it was about? | 她说是什么事了吗 |
[09:08] | No. Just not to tell her brother. | 没说 只说别告诉她哥哥 |
[09:16] | Oh, so this is where the little people get their caffeine. | 原来这里就是小精灵们补充咖啡因的地方啊 |
[09:19] | I’m guessing you’re not here to have a breakfast bar. | 你应该不是来找早餐棒的吧 |
[09:22] | I’ve never had a breakfast bar in my life. | 我这辈子都没吃过早餐棒 |
[09:25] | I want to thank you for taking on that pension case | 我要谢谢你和杰克·索罗夫一起接手了 |
[09:27] | – with Jack Soloff. – I didn’t take on | -那个养老金案子 -我没有 |
[09:29] | the pension case with Jack Soloff. | 和杰克·索罗夫一起接手养老金案子 |
[09:31] | – Yes, you did. – Jessica, no. | -你接了 -杰西卡 别这样 |
[09:33] | You can’t make me work with that man. | 你不能逼我和那个人合作 |
[09:34] | I can make you work | 只要我想 |
[09:35] | with the goddamn window washers if I want to. | 就算是擦窗工你也得合作 |
[09:38] | And if you don’t do this, you might find yourself | 你要是不答应 就等着 |
[09:40] | dangling 50 stories above the ground. | 挂在外面擦五十层楼的玻璃吧 |
[09:44] | – Why? – Because I asked Jack to make peace, | -为什么 -因为我让杰克讲和 |
[09:46] | and you’re the one he chose to reach out to, | 而他选择了你 |
[09:48] | so you’re the one to do this. | 所以这事得你来干 |
[09:49] | I guess I meant why don’t you just fire him? | 我是问为什么不直接炒了他 |
[09:51] | If I fired every ambitious attorney | 要是我炒掉所有 |
[09:53] | that ever took me on, | 有野心挤掉我的律师 |
[09:55] | there’d be nobody left here but me and Harold Gunderson. | 那这个律所里早就只剩我和哈罗德·甘德森了 |
[09:58] | Wait a second–you know who Harold Gunderson is? | 等一下 你认识哈罗德·甘德森 |
[10:00] | I know who everybody is. | 所有人我都认识 |
[10:02] | And before you say one more word, | 在你接着张口之前 |
[10:04] | if I ever start handing out pink slips for troublemakers, | 要是哪天我开始给所有找麻烦的人发解聘通知书 |
[10:07] | you’d be the first in line. | 你绝对是第一个 |
[10:09] | Right. | 好吧 |
[10:12] | I came here as soon as I got your message. | 一收到消息我就赶来了 |
[10:15] | I don’t do that for most people. | 一般人可没这待遇 |
[10:17] | So much for hard to get. | 欲擒故纵的高手啊 |
[10:19] | I think we’re past that. | 我们已经过了那个阶段了吧 |
[10:20] | Did Jeffrey get greedy again? | 杰弗里又起贪心了吗 |
[10:22] | No. A man named Kenneth Jackson | 没有 一个名叫肯尼斯·杰克森的人 |
[10:24] | is claiming my nut-free muffins | 声称我的无坚果蛋糕 |
[10:26] | put him in anaphylactic shock. | 导致他过敏性休克了 |
[10:28] | What happened? Too much gluten? | 怎么回事 麦麸放多了 |
[10:30] | – Not enough gluten? – Harvey, | -还是放少了 -哈维 |
[10:31] | This isn’t funny. This is my company, | 这不是玩笑 它关乎我公司生存 |
[10:34] | and my entire brand is based on quality. | 我的整个品牌都建立在质量之上 |
[10:36] | I’m sorry. I’ll take it seriously. | 抱歉 我会认真对待的 |
[10:39] | Thank you. | 谢谢你 |
[10:39] | Don’t thank me. Thank Louis. | 别谢我 谢路易吧 |
[10:41] | Because he’s gonna handle this case. | 因为这个案子他来接 |
[10:45] | What? | 什么 |
[10:45] | This is a business matter, not personal. | 这是公事公办 不是个人决定 |
[10:47] | And I’m not stealing Louis’s client. | 我可不会偷走路易的客户 |
[10:49] | You’re not stealing me. You already handled my divorce. | 你没偷走我 接手我的离婚案的就是你 |
[10:52] | Are you gonna tell me that Louis is a better lawyer than you? | 你是要告诉我路易比你优秀吗 |
[10:55] | No. I’m gonna tell you that he’s a damn good lawyer, | 不 我会告诉你他是个非常棒的律师 |
[10:57] | and he’d do anything to project you. | 而且会不惜一切保护你 |
[10:59] | That’s not the point. | 那不是重点 |
[11:00] | I need this to go away quietly, | 这事得低调解决 |
[11:02] | and Louis doesn’t do anything quietly. | 可路易从来不会低调 |
[11:05] | – Then tell him that. – He never listens to me. | -那你就让他低调 -他从来不听我的 |
[11:07] | Then get him to listen or get another law firm, | 那你要么让他听 否则就换家律所吧 |
[11:09] | because I’m not taking this case. | 因为我是不会接这个案子的 |
[11:11] | Harvey, I don’t need another firm. | 哈维 我不需要别的律所 |
[11:15] | I need you. | 我需要你 |
[11:17] | You know what I think? | 知道我是怎么想的吗 |
[11:18] | I think you want to go out with me again, | 我觉得你是想再跟我约会 |
[11:20] | and you came to me with this | 然后用这事把我找来 |
[11:21] | because you’re afraid to say it to me. | 因为你不敢跟我直说 |
[11:23] | I don’t believe you! | 难以置信 |
[11:24] | You think I concocted a lawsuit against my own company | 你觉得我会策划一起针对我自己公司的诉讼 |
[11:27] | just to tell a man I’ve already been with | 就为了告诉一个已经和我在一起的男人 |
[11:29] | that I like him? | 我喜欢他 |
[11:31] | Sure looks that way. | 看起来就是这样 |
[11:32] | In that case, | 那样的话 |
[11:33] | I guess I do have the wrong man for the job. | 看来我的确找错了人 |
[11:37] | Thank you for taking the time. | 多谢你花时间过来 |
[11:57] | Please let him know I’m here. | 请告诉他我来了 |
[11:58] | Esther. | 埃斯特 |
[12:01] | What are you doing here? | 你怎么来了 |
[12:02] | I thought I was very clear yesterday. | 我昨天说的很清楚了 |
[12:04] | I’m not taking your case. | 我不会接你的案子 |
[12:06] | You were clear. | 你的确说得很清楚 |
[12:07] | I’m here to see Louis. | 我是来找路易的 |
[12:09] | But it’s nice to see your ego’s as strong as ever. | 但很高兴见到你还是一如既往的自负 |
[12:13] | I’m sorry…and I didn’t mean to be such a dick yesterday. | 对不起 昨天我说话太混了 |
[12:16] | It’s okay, Harvey. I know what you did. | 没关系 哈维 我懂你的用心 |
[12:19] | You accused me of what you accused me of, | 你用你口中的罪名指责我 |
[12:21] | so I will go to Louis. | 这样我就会来找路易了 |
[12:22] | So you’re not mad at me? | 所以你不生我的气 |
[12:24] | It was actually sweet… | 其实还有点甜蜜 |
[12:26] | in a dick-ish sort of way. | 虽然方法有点混蛋 |
[12:29] | That’s my specialty. | 那是我的特长 |
[12:31] | Thanks, Harvey. | 谢谢你 哈维 |
[12:34] | Hi, Esther, I’m Donna Paulsen. | 你好 埃斯特 我是唐娜·鲍尔森 |
[12:37] | – I’m the– – I know who you are. | -我是… -我知道你是谁 |
[12:38] | You’re the best thing | 你是我哥哥有生以来 |
[12:39] | that’s ever happened to my brother. | 对他最好的恩赐 |
[12:41] | Oh. Well, you don’t know the half of it. | 你知道的还太少 |
[12:45] | Anyway, I hope I didn’t put you to too much trouble | 但我希望没因为我的紧急通知 |
[12:47] | – on short notice. – Oh, nonsense. | -给你带来麻烦 -没有的事 |
[12:49] | Louis was thrilled when he heard you were coming in. | 路易听说你要来激动死了 |
[12:51] | What was so goddamn important | 到底是什么重要的事 |
[12:52] | that I had to cancel my entire morning? | 让我得空出整个上午 |
[12:53] | I swear he was happy to do it. | 我发誓他非常乐意 |
[12:55] | And you and I are having lunch | 等你要办的事一办完 |
[12:56] | the second whatever it is you’re here for is over. | 我们俩就去吃午饭 |
[12:59] | – Want a sip? – Is that a prunie? | -要喝一口吗 -那是李子泥吗 |
[13:01] | No! I can’t believe you still drink that crap. | 不喝 你居然还喝那破玩意儿 |
[13:04] | You know I’ve got Grandma Gertie’s spastic colon. | 你明知道我和格蒂奶奶一样有结肠痉挛 |
[13:06] | What he hell are you doing here? | 你到底来干什么 |
[13:08] | I’m being sued. | 有人起诉我 |
[13:10] | Holy shit. | 天哪 |
[13:11] | Your shitty muffins really did give someone salmonella. | 你那该死的松饼确实让人感染沙门氏菌了 |
[13:12] | It’s not salmonella, | 不是沙门氏菌 |
[13:14] | and Louis, this is serious. | 还有路易 这事很严肃 |
[13:15] | – It’s my company. – All right, I’m sorry. | -事关我的公司 -好吧 抱歉 |
[13:18] | Well, does he have a leg to stand on? | 他这起诉站得住脚吗 |
[13:20] | Of course not. | 当然站不住 |
[13:20] | I do an audit of every supplier every three months. | 每三个月我都会审核一次所有供应商 |
[13:23] | Are you sure? Because if we’re gonna | 你确定吗 因为假如我们要 |
[13:24] | go after him with everything we’ve got– | 用我们的一切力量反击他的话… |
[13:25] | Louis, we’re not going after him at all. | 路易 我们不会跟他打官司 |
[13:28] | I want to settle this quickly and quietly. | 我想要迅速地悄悄地把这事解决了 |
[13:30] | Esther… | 埃斯特 |
[13:32] | You settle, you look guilty. | 和解的话 你看起来就像是有罪了 |
[13:34] | This is a shakedown, pure and simple. | 这是一次敲诈 简单明了 |
[13:37] | I know that, but I don’t care. | 我知道 但我不在乎 |
[13:38] | This is a business decision. | 这是一个商业决策 |
[13:40] | And that’s why I’m trying | 那也是为什么我试图 |
[13:40] | to stop others from doing the same thing. | 阻止别人干同样的事 |
[13:42] | I’m telling you, I know what I’m doing. | 我告诉你 我知道自己在做什么 |
[13:43] | I didn’t say you don’t. | 我没说你不知道 |
[13:44] | No, you’re just telling me how to do my job. | 是没说 你不过是在对我指手画脚而已 |
[13:46] | Louis, I came to you because you’re my brother, | 路易 我过来找你是因为你是我哥哥 |
[13:48] | and I am telling you, this is what I need. | 我现在就告诉你 这就是我想要的 |
[13:52] | All right, we’ll settle. | 好吧 我们和解 |
[13:56] | Thank you, Louis. | 谢谢你 路易 |
[13:57] | No, thank you. | 不 谢谢你 |
[13:59] | For what? | 为什么 |
[14:00] | For not going to Harvey. | 因为你没去找哈维 |
[14:05] | Once he handled your divorce, | 他搞定了你的离婚案 |
[14:07] | I would have thought you’d want him to handle everything. | 我以为你会想要他来处理你的一切事务 |
[14:13] | 杰西卡·皮尔逊 执行合伙人 | |
[14:15] | Harvey, make yourself comfortable. | 哈维 请别拘束 |
[14:18] | Can I get you a mimosa? | 你要来杯鸡尾酒吗 |
[14:20] | No, thanks. | 不了 谢谢 |
[14:20] | I just stopped by to eat my morning bagel | 我只是顺路过来吃我的早餐百吉饼 |
[14:22] | and ask why Jack Soloff | 并问问为何杰克·索罗夫 |
[14:24] | tried to sign Fletcher Engines | 试图签下弗莱彻引擎公司 |
[14:25] | and you didn’t tell me. | 而你却没有告诉我 |
[14:26] | I didn’t tell you because I was busy fixing it. | 我没告诉你是因为我在忙着解决那事 |
[14:28] | And did fixing it involve figuring out | 那解决这件事是不是也包括发现他 |
[14:30] | that he went to Daniel Hardman? | 去找了丹尼尔·哈德曼 |
[14:32] | As a matter of fact, it did. | 事实上 确实如此 |
[14:36] | You saw Hardman. | 你见到了哈德曼 |
[14:37] | I did, and it didn’t take long, | 是见到了 也没花多长时间 |
[14:39] | because he’s back in New York. | 因为他回到纽约了 |
[14:40] | Let me guess. | 让我猜猜 |
[14:41] | He said he had nothing to do with any of this. | 他声称自己和此事毫无关系 |
[14:43] | Yep. He said he was just giving Jack some helpful advice. | 没错 他说自己不过是给了杰克一些建议 |
[14:46] | Well, I think it’s time | 我想是时候 |
[14:47] | we gave Jack some helpful advice of our own, | 轮到我们给杰克一些有用的建议了 |
[14:49] | Like get your ass another job. | 比如你他妈快另寻高就吧 |
[14:51] | Now, Harvey, I met with Jack. | 哈维 我去找了杰克 |
[14:53] | He says he’s done confiding in Hardman, | 他说他不会再信任哈德曼了 |
[14:56] | and I’ve decided to consider the matter closed. | 而我也就决定视作此事已了了 |
[14:58] | You telling me you trust that clown? | 你是在告诉我你相信那个小丑吗 |
[15:00] | Now, I may look damn good for my age, | 也许我看着是很年轻 |
[15:02] | but I wasn’t born yesterday. | 但也不是三岁小孩 |
[15:04] | You want to know how deep it goes with him and Hardman, | 你想知道他和哈德曼到底有多深的牵连 |
[15:06] | – don’t you? – I sure as hell do. | -是不是 -当然了 |
[15:08] | Which is why I asked Mike to work with Jack | 这也是为什么我要迈克和杰克合作 |
[15:10] | and play nice, | 并且好好相处 |
[15:11] | and you better not get in the way. | 而你最好别去挡道 |
[15:17] | This doesn’t look like | 这看起来可不像是 |
[15:18] | a “Forgive Me for Being a Dick” card. | 一张”原谅我这么混蛋”道歉卡啊 |
[15:20] | It’s not. | 本来就不是 |
[15:20] | It’s a 28-page interrogatory for Strauss Bank. | 这是一本给施特劳斯银行的28页的书面质询 |
[15:24] | Thanks. | 谢了 |
[15:25] | What are you doing? | 你这是干什么 |
[15:26] | You told me you don’t work with people you don’t trust. | 你告诉过我你不会和自己不信任的人共事 |
[15:30] | Neither do I. | 我也不会 |
[15:31] | You don’t have to trust me to understand | 你不需要信任我也能明白 |
[15:32] | that the shady shit at Strauss Bank | 施特劳斯银行里的那些龌龊事 |
[15:34] | starts at the top. | 是从高层开始的 |
[15:36] | All the way to the top? | 牵扯到了最高层吗 |
[15:37] | There’s a 50-50 chance that the CEO knows. | 总裁有一半可能性知情 |
[15:39] | The CFO had tohad to know. | 而财务总监必须知情 |
[15:41] | All we have to do is get their emails. | 我们只需要搞到他们的电邮就好了 |
[15:43] | That’s easy. | 那很容易 |
[15:43] | We agree not to pursue criminal charges, | 只要我们同意不提起刑事诉讼 |
[15:45] | they’ll hand emails over right now. | 他们立马就会把邮件交过来了 |
[15:47] | We can’t give up the threat of going to prison. | 我们不能放弃威胁要把他们送进监狱 |
[15:48] | That’s what gives us leverage. We have to go to court. | 那是我们的筹码 我们必须要打官司 |
[15:50] | Going to court will take forever. | 打官司会耗费很长时间的 |
[15:51] | I just went through the same thing with Robert Zane. | 我刚刚和罗伯特·赞恩争论过同样的问题 |
[15:54] | Why don’t you pick up the phone | 你为何不打电话给他 |
[15:55] | and ask him who turned out to be right? | 问问他最后谁是对的 |
[15:57] | You know, I heard you were cocky, | 我听说过你很自大 |
[15:59] | but I had no idea. | 但真没想到有这么夸张 |
[16:01] | You’re the one who came to me looking to make peace. | 是你来找我讲和的 |
[16:03] | You wanna make peace or not? | 你到底还要不要和平共处了 |
[16:11] | All right. We’ll try it your way. | 好吧 我们试试你的方法 |
[16:17] | Rachel, what can I do for you? | 瑞秋 有什么需要我帮助的吗 |
[16:19] | I heard about Esther, | 我听说了埃斯特的事 |
[16:21] | and I was hoping I could help. | 希望能帮上点忙 |
[16:23] | I appreciate the offer, | 谢谢你的好意 |
[16:24] | but I’m gonna take care of this one myself. | 但我打算自己解决这件事 |
[16:25] | And I’m not trying to interfere. | 我不是想要打扰你什么的 |
[16:27] | I just thought it would be nice to learn | 我只是想着假如能向我们这里 |
[16:28] | from the most talented, diligent, | 最有才 最勤奋 |
[16:30] | and respected partner that we have here. | 最受人尊重的合伙人学习就好了 |
[16:32] | Yeah, you’re just trying to butter me up. | 是啊 你不过是想拍我马屁罢了 |
[16:34] | Is it working? | 成功了吗 |
[16:35] | Handsome. | 帅哥 |
[16:37] | Listen to me. | 听我说 |
[16:40] | She’s my sister. | 她是我妹妹 |
[16:41] | She’s being sued. | 有人告了他 |
[16:43] | Last time she had a problem, she went to Harvey, | 上次她遇到麻烦时 她去向哈维求助 |
[16:45] | but this time she’s coming to me, | 但这次她向我求助了 |
[16:46] | and I’m not gonna farm any of it out. | 所以我不会让任何人插手这件事的 |
[16:47] | Can you understand that? | 你能理解吗 |
[16:48] | The reason I want on this case | 我想要参与这个案子的 |
[16:49] | is that I admire Esther and her company, | 是因为我崇拜埃斯特和她的公司 |
[16:51] | And if someone’s coming at her with a frivolous lawsuit, | 所以假如有人用一个荒唐的官司欺负她的话 |
[16:53] | then…I don’t care how little I do. | 再小的忙我也愿意帮 |
[16:57] | I just want to help you. | 我只是想帮你 |
[17:04] | Paperwork’s right here. | 文件就在这里 |
[17:08] | Your Honor, as you can see, | 法官大人 如您所见 |
[17:10] | there’s been clear negligence at best, | 这往轻了说是工作疏忽 |
[17:11] | – deliberate deception at worst. – Not to mention | -往重了说是蓄意行骗 -更不用说 |
[17:13] | a breach of fiduciary duty. | 还违反了诚信义务 |
[17:15] | I’m inclined to agree. | 我赞同你的观点 |
[17:16] | Your Honor, the only thing that’s clear | 法官大人 唯一明确的一点 |
[17:18] | is his clients chose a risky investment. | 是他的客户选择风险投资 |
[17:20] | That’s not deception on our part. | 这可不是欺诈 |
[17:21] | The deception is he created those derivatives, | 他推出这些衍生产品 明知道风险很高 |
[17:23] | he knew how risky they were, and he sold them to us anyway. | 还是卖给我们 这就是欺诈 |
[17:25] | I have $2 billion in investment funds. | 我有二十亿投资基金 |
[17:28] | You think I review every investment? | 你觉得我每笔投资都会过目吗 |
[17:29] | I don’t know, but you sure as hell reviewed this one. | 不知道 但你绝对看了这笔 |
[17:31] | – And where’s your proof? – We don’t have any…yet. | -证据呢 -目前还没有 |
[17:33] | Which is why we’re requesting access to these emails. | 所以我们请求查阅他们的邮件 |
[17:35] | This isn’t about getting their emails. | 这里讨论的不是查阅邮件 |
[17:37] | This is about determining if trial’s moving forward. | 而是是否要开庭 |
[17:39] | And it is. | 结论是要 |
[17:40] | I’ll set the email discovery hearing | 我会在三周后就查阅邮件一事 |
[17:42] | – for three weeks. – Three weeks? | -召开听证会 -三周 |
[17:44] | Uh, Your Honor, | 法官大人 |
[17:45] | my wife has surgery in three weeks. | 我妻子三周后要动手术 |
[17:46] | I’d like to request an additional month. | 我申请再延期一个月 |
[17:48] | Bullshit she has surgery. | 还动手术 扯淡呢 |
[17:50] | Scheduled C-section at Columbia Presbyterian. | 预定在哥伦比亚长老教会医学中心剖腹产 |
[17:52] | Then put someone else on the case. | 那就换个人负责这个案子 |
[17:53] | – That’s not how it works. – If I may… | -事情不是这么干的 -容我说一句 |
[17:55] | If we agree not to pursue criminal charges in this matter, | 如果我们同意不就此进行刑事指控 |
[17:58] | will you give us the emails within the week? | 你们会在一周内提供邮件吗 |
[18:01] | You agree to that right here, | 你现在当场同意 |
[18:03] | I’ll give ’em to you tomorrow. | 我明天就把邮件给你 |
[18:05] | Then we have a deal. | 一言为定 |
[18:12] | Wanna tell me what kind of kickback you’re getting? | 想告诉我你拿了什么回扣吗 |
[18:14] | – Excuse me? – You went behind my back. | -你说什么 -你背着我行事 |
[18:17] | I didn’t do anything behind your back. | 我没背着你做任何事 |
[18:18] | I did it in front of your face. | 我是当着你的面做的 |
[18:19] | You know what I mean– you gave up on leverage | 你知道我在说什么 你放弃了我们的筹码 |
[18:20] | by handing him a get out of jail free card, | 给了他一张免罪通行证 |
[18:22] | which means you’re either in their pocket | 这说明你要么是他们一伙的 |
[18:24] | or you’re using this case | 要么就是在利用这个案子 |
[18:25] | so you can sign them once it’s over. | 好等事情结束后跟他们签约 |
[18:26] | – What did you just say to me? – You heard me. | -你说什么 -你听得很清楚 |
[18:28] | You shook that guy’s hand like you were his goddamn cousin. | 你跟他握手那样子 就像他是你亲戚似的 |
[18:31] | You listen to me. If they wanted to be my client, | 听好了 如果他们想做我的客户 |
[18:34] | I’d take them. But I didn’t do that | 我会接 但我那么做 |
[18:35] | to kiss his ass. | 不是为了拍他马屁 |
[18:36] | I did it to get what we needed. | 我那么做是为了得到我们需要的东西 |
[18:38] | We already had what we needed. | 我们已经有了 |
[18:39] | No, we didn’t. | 不 没有 |
[18:40] | We had a hearing on it in seven weeks, | 听证会七个礼拜后才召开 |
[18:42] | and that C-section bullshit was just the tip of the iceberg. | 那该死的剖腹产只是冰山一角 |
[18:45] | Between now and then, they’d have figured out a way | 在此期间 他们会想出别的办法 |
[18:46] | to put it off for another two years. | 再把听证会推迟个两年 |
[18:48] | – You don’t know that. – Yes, I do. | -这可未必 -绝对是这样 |
[18:50] | I said I would try it your way, and it didn’t work. | 我说过会按你的方法试试 但行不通 |
[18:53] | Well, now those emails are coming. | 现在邮件就要来了 |
[18:56] | Are you gonna help me or not? | 你要不要帮我 |
[19:05] | Louis, I need to talk to you–we have a problem. | 路易 我得跟你谈谈 有麻烦了 |
[19:07] | – What’s wrong? – What’s wrong | -什么麻烦 -麻烦是 |
[19:08] | is Kenneth Jackson’s lawyer. | 肯尼斯·杰克森的律师 |
[19:09] | Her name’s Lisbeth Wexler, | 她叫莉斯贝·韦克斯勒 |
[19:11] | and this isn’t her first frivolous suit. | 这不是她的第一件恶意诉讼 |
[19:12] | Well, it never is with these people. | 这些人都是这样 |
[19:13] | That doesn’t mean we can’t settle. | 这不意味着我们不能和解 |
[19:14] | Okay. You don’t understand. | 好吧 你不明白 |
[19:15] | I went through dozens of her cases. | 我调查了她经手的数十件案子 |
[19:17] | Every time she gets an offer, | 每次她拿到开价 |
[19:18] | she threatens to go public with it. | 就威胁说要公之于众 |
[19:20] | – Shit. – What? | -该死 -怎么了 |
[19:22] | That’s exactly what I was afraid of. | 我怕的就是这个 |
[19:23] | Okay, well, then you know it’s not a big deal. | 好吧 那你该知道 这没什么大不了 |
[19:24] | We can handle it, but we can’t give them an offer. | 我们搞得定 但我们不能开价 |
[19:27] | No, you don’t understand. | 不 你不明白 |
[19:28] | I tried to tell Esther this might happen, | 我告诉过埃斯特可能会发生这种事 |
[19:29] | but then she made me promise | 可她逼我保证 |
[19:30] | that I would make this thing go away without any trouble. | 我得不惹麻烦把事情摆平 |
[19:32] | Okay, well, if we don’t do something other than settle, | 好吧 如果我们不做点什么 选择和解 |
[19:34] | she’s in for a hell of a lot more trouble. | 她的麻烦可就大了 |
[19:43] | He didn’t really say that. | 他没这么说 |
[19:44] | Oh, not only did he say it, but I had to transcribe it | 他不仅这么说了 我还得跟着录音机 |
[19:47] | word for word off his dictaphone. | 逐字逐句抄录下来 |
[19:53] | – What? – No, I just realized | -怎么了 -我刚意识到 |
[19:55] | I haven’t thought about Jack Soloff | 我已经两个小时没有去想 |
[19:57] | and his bullshit for two hours. | 杰克·索罗夫和他的破事了 |
[19:59] | Glad we did this, Harvey. | 真高兴我们出来吃饭了 哈维 |
[20:00] | Me, too. We should do it more often. | 我也是 我们应该多出来玩玩 |
[20:03] | Well, I’m not sure how Mitchell would feel about that. | 我不知道米歇尔会怎么想 |
[20:06] | Who’s Mitchell? | 米歇尔是谁 |
[20:07] | He’s the man that I’ve been seeing | 我这六周以来 |
[20:08] | for the last six weeks. | 一直在跟他约会 |
[20:10] | He’s… | 他… |
[20:12] | He’s smart and he’s funny and… | 他很聪明 风趣 |
[20:15] | Best of all, he has nothing to do with the practice of law. | 最重要的是 他跟律师行业一点关系都没有 |
[20:18] | I’m happy for you, Donna. | 我真为你高兴 唐娜 |
[20:20] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[20:23] | And the reason I told you | 我之所以告诉你 |
[20:25] | is so that you’ll know that I’m not jealous | 是想让你知道我没吃醋 |
[20:27] | when I say… | 我想说 |
[20:30] | you need to tell Louis | 你得告诉路易 |
[20:31] | you’ve been sleeping with Esther. | 你一直在跟埃斯特上床 |
[20:33] | – What? – Oh, please. | -什么 -得了 |
[20:35] | It took me all of two seconds to put it together | 我今早看到你俩在那里相互对视 |
[20:37] | after I saw you two mooning over each other this morning. | 不出两秒我就想明白了 |
[20:39] | It’s not what you think. | 不是你想的那样 |
[20:40] | We bonded together during her divorce proceedings. | 我处理她的离婚诉讼时 我们相处融洽 |
[20:42] | Harvey, you said you wanted to be friends. | 哈维 你说你想跟我做朋友 |
[20:45] | This is me being your friend. | 我这么做就是做朋友该做的事 |
[20:46] | Friends don’t accuse each other of things. | 朋友才不会污蔑对方 |
[20:49] | I’m not accusing you. I’m looking out for you. | 我没有污蔑你 我是想帮你 |
[20:51] | How is that looking out for me? | 这怎么会是帮我 |
[20:53] | Because, like I said, you need to tell him. | 因为 我说了 你必须告诉他 |
[20:54] | Well, you know what? I don’t need to do that | 告诉你 我不用这么做 |
[20:56] | because, for once, your radar is off. | 因为这次 你感觉错了 |
[20:58] | We haven’t been sleeping together. | 我没一直跟她上床 |
[21:00] | We slept together one time. | 我们只睡了一次 |
[21:01] | What difference does that make? | 有什么区别呢 |
[21:02] | You promised him you wouldn’t do it at all. | 你向他承诺了你不会这么做 |
[21:04] | Donna, Louis isn’t rational on his best days | 唐娜 路易心情好的时候 |
[21:07] | with issues that don’t involve his sister, | 对待与他妹妹无关的事情都不理智 |
[21:09] | Now, how is he going to take it if I do what you’re asking? | 如果我按你说的做了他会作何反应 |
[21:11] | And how do you think he’s gonna react | 那你觉得如果被他发现 |
[21:12] | when he finds out you kept this from him? | 你做了这事还瞒着他他又会作何反应 |
[21:14] | – He’s not gonna find out. – Yes, he is. | -他不会发现的 -他会的 |
[21:16] | Because I didn’t have to be me to see the way | 是个人都能看得出你俩 |
[21:18] | you two looked at each other. | 对视的时候含情脉脉 |
[21:20] | And someday Louis is gonna see that, too. | 总有一天路易也会看出来 |
[21:23] | Donna, I appreciate you telling me this as a friend. | 唐娜 我很感激你作为朋友提的建议 |
[21:27] | Now, as a friend, I’m telling you | 现在作为朋友 我也告诉你 |
[21:29] | to mind your own business. | 管好你自己的事就行 |
[21:40] | I was right. You cut them some side deal. | 我说对了 你跟他们做了边线交易 |
[21:43] | What the hell are you talking about? | 你在说什么呢 |
[21:44] | I went through all their emails | 我看了他们所有的邮件 |
[21:45] | and I found them nothing tying them to anything. | 但没有找到任何把柄 |
[21:48] | Which means you knew they would leave some emails out | 也就是说你早知道他们会隐瞒一些邮件 |
[21:50] | and you let it go to get something out of it. | 而你利用此事想从中牟利 |
[21:52] | I didn’t know they would leave anything out, | 我并不知道他们会隐瞒邮件 |
[21:53] | but I thought they might | 但我确实认为他们会如此 |
[21:55] | and I am gonna get something out of it, | 我也确实打算利用此事 |
[21:56] | but it’s not what you think. | 但并非你想的那样 |
[21:57] | What are you talking about? | 你什么意思 |
[21:58] | Your idea of threatening prison was right, | 你以进监狱威胁他们是对的 |
[22:01] | but nobody ever went to jail | 但从来就没有人曾因为 |
[22:03] | for selling shitty securities. | 销售劣质证券入狱过 |
[22:05] | They go to jail for destroying evidence. | 但可以以销毁证据的罪名起诉他们 |
[22:07] | So, instead of proving to some jury | 所以 我没有选择向几位 |
[22:09] | that doesn’t understand securities law | 不懂证券法的陪审团成员 |
[22:12] | that these guys knew the risks of their investments– | 解释他们早知道这个投资的风险 |
[22:15] | All we have to do is prove they deleted some emails. | 只要我们证明他们删除了邮件就行 |
[22:21] | I’m sorry. | 对不起 |
[22:24] | Take a seat. | 请坐 |
[22:29] | You know that’s the second time in two days | 这可是你两天来第二次 |
[22:30] | that you jumped right to me being the bad guy? | 贸然断定我是坏人了 |
[22:32] | Well, you have to admit, my experience | 你得承认 在我和路易 |
[22:34] | with how you treated me and louis | 和你的接触中 |
[22:35] | was you being the bad guy. | 你扮演的就是坏人的角色 |
[22:37] | Fair enough. | 有道理 |
[22:39] | But were you there when Louis lied to my face | 但你又知道路易当面骗我说 |
[22:41] | about backing me in a meeting? | 要在一个会议中支持我的事吗 |
[22:43] | Or when he told Jessica | 你又知道他骗杰西卡 |
[22:45] | that I did something awful that he, in fact, did? | 把他自己干的坏事安在我头上 |
[22:48] | No, I wasn’t. | 我不知道 |
[22:49] | But you do know him | 但你也了解他 |
[22:51] | and what he’s capable of. | 你知道他能做出什么事来 |
[22:53] | And you’re somehow on good terms with him. | 但你还是做到了和他和睦相处 |
[22:55] | I’m on good terms with him | 我能跟他和睦相处 |
[22:56] | because I’ve seen other sides of him. | 是因为我见过他好的一面 |
[22:58] | Well, I have other sides, too. | 我也有好的一面 |
[22:59] | I may have done some office backstabbing, | 也许我是在律所耍了些龌龊手段 |
[23:03] | but I have never done anything to indicate to you | 但我从来没干过什么让你觉得 |
[23:05] | that I would do something illegal. | 我会犯法的事吧 |
[23:07] | Which is what you came in here accusing me of. | 而这正是你今天对我的指责 |
[23:11] | Okay, Jack. | 好吧 杰克 |
[23:14] | You can have a chance to show me another side of yourself, too. | 我给你一个机会向我展示你好的一面 |
[23:23] | I told you to settle this thing! | 我说了让你和解 |
[23:25] | And I’m trying to. | 我也想和解啊 |
[23:26] | Then why did I just get a notice that the FDA | 那我为什么得到通知说食品及药物管理局 |
[23:28] | is investigating my company? | 要调查我的公司 |
[23:30] | – What? – What did you do? | -什么 -你干了什么 |
[23:35] | I was gonna settle, but then Rachel found out | 我本来是要和解 但瑞秋发现 |
[23:38] | their lawyer has history of blackmailing companies | 他们的律师经常勒索公司 |
[23:39] | so our only option was to counter-sue. | 所以我只能反诉他了 |
[23:41] | You filed a counter-suit against my explicit instructions? | 你违背了我的明确指示进行了反诉 |
[23:45] | You know what, Esther? You came to me for help, | 埃斯特 是你来找我帮忙 |
[23:47] | and I don’t tell you how to bake your muffins. | 而我也不会在做松饼的事上对你指手画脚 |
[23:49] | Because you don’t know the first thing about my business. | 因为你并不了解我的生意的第一要务 |
[23:51] | And you don’t know the first thing about mine. | 而你也不懂我这行的第一要务 |
[23:52] | I don’t have to. I know you. | 我不需要懂 我了解你就够了 |
[23:54] | And you’ve got a chip on your shoulder | 你就是心里埋着满满的 |
[23:56] | the size of Montana and when it comes out, | 自卑感 一旦触发 |
[23:58] | you make everything worse. | 你就会把所有事都搞砸 |
[24:00] | You know what, Esther? | 我告诉你 埃斯特 |
[24:00] | I was right to do what I did. | 我这么做没有错 |
[24:02] | And, for once, I’m not gonna let you | 而且这次 我不要接受 |
[24:04] | treat me like I’m less than you. | 你这副居高临下的样子 |
[24:06] | Less than me? | 我对你居高临下 |
[24:07] | Yes, less than you! | 没错 你就是有 |
[24:08] | I’m always your buffoon brother. | 我从来都是你的傻哥哥 |
[24:10] | Well, not this time. | 这次我决不允许 |
[24:11] | You had no right to do this without asking me! | 你根本没有权利不跟我商量就这么做 |
[24:13] | I didn’t ask you because you wouldn’t have listened. | 我不跟你商量是因为你肯定不听我的 |
[24:15] | No, you never listen! | 是你从来不听我说话 |
[24:16] | Which is why I wanted to go to Harvey in the first place! | 所以我一开始才想去找哈维 |
[24:22] | – What? – You heard me. | -什么 -你没听错 |
[24:25] | How could you betray me like that? | 你怎么可以这样背叛我 |
[24:26] | I wasn’t betraying you. | 我没有背叛你 |
[24:29] | I was looking out for myself. | 我只是为自己考虑 |
[24:32] | If you were looking out for yourself, | 如果你是为了自己考虑 |
[24:34] | then why did you lie to me about going to him? | 那为什么又骗我说你没去找他 |
[24:36] | Because you’re always jealous | 因为你一定会嫉妒 |
[24:37] | whenever I ask anyone else to do anything. | 只要我去找别人帮忙 |
[24:40] | You’re my brother, Louis, not my boyfriend. | 你是我哥哥 路易 不是我男朋友 |
[24:43] | If you wanted Harvey so much, why don’t you go to him right now? | 你这么想用哈维 你现在就可以去找他 |
[24:49] | I can’t. | 我不能 |
[24:51] | Because when I went to him, | 因为我去找他的时候 |
[24:54] | he told me I should trust you. | 他跟我说我应该信任你 |
[24:57] | – He really said that? – He didn’t just say that. | -他真这么说了 -不仅如此 |
[25:01] | He said you were a damn good lawyer. | 他说你是个出色的律师 |
[25:04] | I am a damn good lawyer. | 我是个出色的律师 |
[25:10] | But I should have told you. | 但我确实应该提前告诉你的 |
[25:13] | Well… | 那么… |
[25:15] | What are we gonna do now? | 我们现在该怎么办 |
[25:17] | That depends on if you think you can trust me or not. | 那取决于你是不是信任我 |
[25:21] | I can. | 我信任你 |
[25:29] | – Morning, Louis. – Good morning. | -早上好 路易 -早上好 |
[25:31] | Where the hell were you? I text you like 18 times. | 你去哪了 我都给你发了八百条短信了 |
[25:33] | Yes, and if it had been an emergency, | 是的 如果真的有紧急情况 |
[25:35] | I would have called you back. | 我就会给你回电话的 |
[25:36] | It was an emergency. | 那确实是紧急情况 |
[25:37] | Louis, running out of paper clips is not an emergency. | 路易 曲别针用完了可不叫紧急情况 |
[25:39] | I know, it’s just that I… | 我知道 只是我… |
[25:41] | needed you, and I couldn’t reach you, | 需要你的时候 却找不到你 |
[25:43] | and that’s never happened before. | 这种情况从来没发生过 |
[25:46] | I was having dinner with Harvey. | 我和哈维吃晚餐去了 |
[25:50] | – Harvey? – Yes. | -哈维 -是的 |
[25:51] | We’re trying to stay friends. | 我们希望继续保持朋友关系 |
[25:53] | – Friends? – Yes, friends. | -朋友 -是的 只是朋友 |
[25:55] | I’m not going back to him, Louis. | 我不会回去为他工作的 路易 |
[25:59] | What? I know that. | 什么 这我知道 |
[26:02] | How’d it go? | 晚餐怎么样 |
[26:03] | It was fine. | 还不错 |
[26:04] | He didn’t happen to bring up Esther, did he? | 他没有碰巧提起埃斯特吧 |
[26:06] | What? Why would he do that? | 什么 为什么要提 |
[26:08] | Because apparently, she went to him | 因为很显然 她在来找我之前 |
[26:10] | before she came to me. | 先去找过他 |
[26:11] | Well, he did handle her divorce. | 是他帮她解决了她的离婚案 |
[26:13] | I know, it’s just… | 我知道 只是… |
[26:15] | You don’t think it’s possible that | 你觉得他们两个之间 |
[26:17] | anything happened between them, do you? | 没发生什么事吧 |
[26:20] | I don’t know, Louis, I mean… | 我不知道 路易 我是说… |
[26:24] | Look, I do know that we talked about a lot of things last night, | 我只知道我们昨晚聊了很多事 |
[26:26] | and Esther wasn’t one of them. | 但并没有提到埃斯特 |
[26:28] | You’re right. | 你是对的 |
[26:30] | Harvey would never make a promise like that to me | 哈维绝对不会答应了我 |
[26:31] | and then break it. | 然后又食言的 |
[26:33] | I’m glad you had a nice dinner, Donna. | 我很高兴你晚餐吃得很开心 唐娜 |
[26:50] | What the hell is this? | 这是什么 |
[26:51] | It’s a stack of emails they left out. | 他们没有交出来的一摞电子邮件 |
[26:55] | How did you get them? | 你怎么拿到的 |
[26:56] | Doesn’t matter how I got them. It matters that I got them. | 我怎么拿到的并不重要 重要的是我拿到了 |
[26:59] | It does matter, because if you got them illegally, | 这很重要 因为如果你是非法拿到的 |
[27:01] | then we can’t use them, and you know it. | 那我们就不能用它们 这你是知道的 |
[27:02] | I didn’t get them illegally. | 我不是非法拿到的 |
[27:03] | Then why won’t you tell me where you got them? | 那你为什么不告诉我你是从哪拿到的 |
[27:06] | Because there are some things I like to keep to myself. | 因为有些事情我不想告诉别人 |
[27:09] | And didn’t you give me a speech | 而且你不是跟我说什么 |
[27:10] | about getting to know different sides of you? | 要了解你的另一面吗 |
[27:12] | Well, this is a different side of me. | 这就是我的另一面 |
[27:14] | Are you gonna trust it or not? | 要不要相信由你 |
[27:28] | Gentlemen, | 先生们 |
[27:29] | I’m so glad you could see us on such short notice. | 很高兴你们能出席如此仓促的会面 |
[27:31] | Well, you scratched our backs. | 你给我们一个面子 |
[27:33] | I think we can scratch yours. | 我觉得我们也可以还你一个面子 |
[27:35] | What kind of settlement are you looking for? | 你们打算提出什么样的和解方案 |
[27:36] | We’re not looking for a settlement. | 我们不打算和解 |
[27:38] | We’re looking for you to give up your CEO. | 我们希望你能供出你的总裁 |
[27:40] | – What? – He’s not giving anyone up. | -什么 -他不会供出任何人的 |
[27:42] | You’ve waived your rights | 你们已经放弃了 |
[27:43] | to criminal charges in this matter. | 对这个案子提出刑事指控的权利 |
[27:45] | Yeah, we’re not talking about this matter. | 对 我们说的不是这个案子 |
[27:46] | We’re talking about conspiracy to hide evidence. | 我们说的是共谋隐瞒证据 |
[27:49] | That’s 200 e-mails from your analyst | 这是你的分析师发送的两百封电子邮件 |
[27:52] | laughing about the suckers that you all ripped off. | 嘲笑你们一起洗劫的那些傻瓜们 |
[27:56] | Shit. | 见鬼 |
[27:58] | Relax. There’s no way he got those legally. | 别着急 他们肯定不是用合法手段弄到的 |
[28:00] | – You’re right, we didn’t. – What? | -你说得对 这不是合法弄到的 -什么 |
[28:02] | God damn it, you told me– | 该死 你跟我说… |
[28:03] | I know what I told you, Jack, | 我知道我是怎么跟你说的 杰克 |
[28:05] | but you wouldn’t have let me come here | 但如果我告诉你真相 |
[28:06] | if I told you the truth. | 你就不会让我来开这个会了 |
[28:07] | And the truth… | 而真相… |
[28:10] | is that we also got this one illegally. | 是我们还通过非法手段拿到了这封邮件 |
[28:13] | That’s your CEO saying that if push comes to shove, | 你的总裁在上面说如果事态变得严重 |
[28:16] | he’s gonna throw you under the bus. | 他就会把你推出来当替罪羊 |
[28:17] | And you really want to take a chance | 你真的愿意冒险 |
[28:19] | that we won’t figure out a way to find these others legally? | 赌我们没法合法拿到其它那些电子邮件吗 |
[28:22] | You’ve got 200 people in your firm? | 你们公司差不多有两百个人吧 |
[28:23] | We’re gonna offer every single one of them immunity | 我们会给每个人提供豁免权以换取他们承认 |
[28:25] | to admit they exist. | 这些邮件的存在 |
[28:26] | And when they do, either your CEO is going down, | 等他们承认时 你和你的总裁中总有一个人 |
[28:30] | or you are. | 会为此负责 |
[28:39] | Glad you came to your senses and called us to settle. | 很高兴你们终于清醒过来同意叫我们来和解 |
[28:41] | Well, clearly, Mr. Jackson | 显然杰克森先生 |
[28:42] | has suffered great physical harm. | 已经经受了很多生理上的痛苦 |
[28:44] | I just don’t want anyone else to be hurt. | 我只是希望不会再有人受到伤害 |
[28:46] | Yeah, that’d be a shame. | 是啊 那就太可惜了 |
[28:47] | Then who would you have to sue? | 那样你还能告谁去 |
[28:48] | – Excuse me? – Sit down. | -你说什么 -坐下 |
[28:50] | Now, we’re here because my sister | 我们开这个会是因为我妹妹 |
[28:51] | wanted to give you $50,000 to make this thing go away, | 想给你五万来了结这件事 |
[28:54] | but I didn’t listen to her. | 但我没有听她的 |
[28:55] | So I’m gonna throw in an extra $50,000 of my own. | 所以现在我自掏腰包再加五万 |
[28:58] | It doesn’t matter. | 无所谓了 |
[28:59] | Because if you think we’re gonna settle for $100,000, | 因为如果你们以为我们会同意拿十万和解 |
[29:02] | you’re wasting our time. | 那你们这是在浪费我们的时间 |
[29:03] | The $100,000 isn’t to settle this. | 十万不是用来和解的 |
[29:06] | It’s to have your client admit that you approached him | 是为了让你的委托人承认 |
[29:07] | after he had a public episode | 他在公共场所发病后你联系了他 |
[29:09] | and then instructed him to say that it was within five minutes | 教唆他宣称自己是在吃了我们的松饼后 |
[29:11] | of eating one of our muffins. | 五分钟内发病的 |
[29:13] | – You have no proof of that. – No, we don’t. | -你没有证据证明这一点 -我们确实没有 |
[29:15] | But he’s on record for making a false statement | 但他对一个联邦机构所做的虚假陈述 |
[29:16] | to a federal agency, | 会被记录下来 |
[29:17] | which means when we do have proof, | 这就意味着等我们真找到证据 |
[29:19] | you’re gonna be in prison for a very, very long time. | 你就要坐很久很久的牢了 |
[29:21] | $100,000? | 十万吗 |
[29:23] | Kenneth,You’ll get 20 times | 肯尼斯 等我们打赢官司 |
[29:24] | that when we win. | 你能拿到的钱会是这个的二十倍 |
[29:25] | Maybe this’ll help you decide, Kenneth. | 或许这能帮你做决定 肯尼斯 |
[29:27] | What’s that? | 那是什么 |
[29:27] | It’s a list of all the other people you’ve done this with. | 你使用过这种手段的客户名单 |
[29:29] | – What? – Oh, did you think you were her first? | -什么 -你以为你是她的第一个客户吗 |
[29:32] | You were not. | 你不是 |
[29:33] | Whoever rolls over first gets the money, | 排在第一个的能拿到钱 |
[29:35] | then the rest get to line up for orange jump suits. | 剩下来的只能排队领橙色狱服了 |
[29:37] | That’s enough. We’re leaving. | 够了 我们要走了 |
[29:40] | What do I have to do? | 我要怎么做 |
[29:50] | Esther, what are you doing here? | 埃斯特 你来做什么 |
[29:53] | I came to give you this. | 我来给你这个 |
[29:56] | This is a $100,000 check. | 这是张十万的支票 |
[29:58] | It’s for Kenneth Jackson. | 是给肯尼斯·杰克森的 |
[29:59] | – We’re splitting this. – No, we’re not. | -我们平摊吧 -不要 |
[30:02] | You were right. | 你说得对 |
[30:02] | I never should have tried to settle with him in the first place. | 我一开始就不该试图跟他和解 |
[30:06] | You saved me more than that. | 你帮我省了不止十万 |
[30:09] | I don’t know what to say. | 我不知道该说什么 |
[30:10] | Say you’ll forgive me. | 说你会原谅我 |
[30:16] | I don’t think you’re a buffoon, Louis, | 我不觉得你是个傻瓜 路易 |
[30:18] | and I never have. | 从来没有 |
[30:22] | But I didn’t realize how good a lawyer you were | 但在亲眼见到之前 我并没意识到 |
[30:25] | until I saw it myself. | 你是个如此出色的律师 |
[30:28] | I appreciate that. | 谢谢你的肯定 |
[30:32] | But I know how hard you worked | 但我知道你为了生意 |
[30:34] | to make your business happen, | 有多么努力 |
[30:35] | and I know what you gave up, | 我也知道你为此放弃了什么 |
[30:36] | and there wasn’t a snowball’s chance in hell | 所以我绝不会让任何人 |
[30:37] | that I was gonna let someone take advantage of you. | 有丝毫的机会占你便宜 |
[30:42] | Thanks, Louis. | 谢谢你 路易 |
[30:44] | Thank you. | 我谢你才对 |
[30:50] | Do you wanna get dinner tonight? | 今晚和我一起吃晚餐吗 |
[30:52] | I can’t tonight. How about tomorrow night? | 今晚不行 明晚如何 |
[30:56] | Tomorrow night is perfect. | 明晚正好 |
[30:58] | What do you say we also invite Donna? | 我们也邀请唐娜一起如何 |
[31:01] | That’d be really nice. | 那太棒了 |
[31:12] | Come by just to tell me how impressive I was today? | 你是过来告诉我今天我表现很棒吗 |
[31:15] | I came by to ask you why you still don’t trust me. | 我是过来问你为什么还不信任我 |
[31:17] | Who says I don’t trust you? | 谁说我不信任你 |
[31:18] | You didn’t tell me that evidence was obtained illegally. | 你没告诉我那份证据是非法得来的 |
[31:22] | Jack…I told you the truth. | 杰克 我跟你说的是真话 |
[31:25] | Those emails weren’t obtained illegally because… | 那些邮件不是非法得来的 因为… |
[31:28] | they weren’t even real. | 它们根本不是真的 |
[31:30] | What? | 什么 |
[31:31] | I know how traders talk. | 我知道交易员们怎么交流 |
[31:33] | I know exactly what they’d say, so… | 我很清楚他们会说什么话 所以… |
[31:35] | I just wrote them myself. | 那是我自己写的 |
[31:37] | Are you shitting me? | 你在开玩笑吗 |
[31:39] | Take a look. | 看看吧 |
[31:43] | I lied to you | 我之所以骗你 |
[31:44] | because to get them to believe they were illegal | 是因为如果要让他们相信证据是非法的 |
[31:46] | I had to get them to believe they were real. | 就得先让他们相信它是真的 |
[31:51] | And you needed me to be pissed to help you do that. | 你需要我发火 帮你增强说服力 |
[31:53] | Told you to trust me. | 告诉过你要信任我了 |
[31:58] | You know what? | 你知道吗 |
[32:00] | I do. | 我信任你 |
[32:02] | So to tell you the truth, | 跟你说实话 |
[32:04] | when we started this thing, | 一开始 |
[32:05] | I was just doing it to kiss your ass | 我只是为了拍你的马屁 |
[32:07] | so Jessica would forgive me. | 好让杰西卡原谅我 |
[32:08] | But… | 但是 |
[32:11] | you’re the real deal. | 你是个真正的人才 |
[32:13] | I see what Harvey sees in you. | 我看到了哈维在你身上看到的品质 |
[32:19] | Thanks, Jack. | 谢谢你 杰克 |
[32:21] | Maybe now you can give Harvey a second chance too. | 或许现在你也可以再给哈维一次机会 |
[32:28] | It’s just everything comes so easy to him. | 他得到的一切都来得太容易了 |
[32:31] | Jessica plucks him from the mailroom. | 杰西卡把他从邮件室挑了出来 |
[32:33] | Youngest senior partner ever. | 史上最年轻的高级合伙人 |
[32:37] | I been busting my ass for 20 years. | 我努力工作了二十年 |
[32:39] | Nobody ever does anything like that for me. | 从来没人为我这样做过 |
[32:42] | Well, I’ll tell you something, Jack. | 告诉你件事 杰克 |
[32:46] | He’s got his own problems just like everyone else. | 他跟其他所有人一样有自己的烦恼 |
[32:50] | And if you want to get along with me, | 如果你想跟我友好相处 |
[32:53] | you better figure out a way to get along with him. | 最好也能找到跟他和平共处的方式 |
[33:01] | Gretchen, where were we at with the Cabrillo Claim? | 格蕾琴 卡布里洛索赔案进展到哪了 |
[33:03] | – I have to go. – I’m not Gretchen. | -我得走了 -我不是格蕾琴 |
[33:05] | And that’s too bad for you, | 这对你来说可不妙 |
[33:06] | because she’s still in the habit of covering for you. | 因为她仍旧习惯帮你遮掩 |
[33:08] | Covering for me for what? | 帮我遮掩什么 |
[33:09] | I told you Louis was gonna find out about Esther. | 我告诉过你路易会发现埃斯特的事 |
[33:11] | And I told you it’s none of your business. | 我也告诉过你这跟你没关系 |
[33:13] | Well, it became my business | 在昨天路易问到我 |
[33:15] | when Louis asked me about it yesterday, | 而我为了让他别管这件事 |
[33:17] | and I had to lie to his face | 只能当面对他撒谎的时候 |
[33:18] | just to get him to leave it alone. | 这事就跟我有关系了 |
[33:19] | I didn’t ask you to do that. | 我可没要求你那么做 |
[33:21] | Yes, you did, and you know it. | 你要求了 你自己心里清楚 |
[33:22] | Donna, I don’t have time for this. | 唐娜 我没时间讨论这事 |
[33:24] | – I have an appointment– – What appointment? | -我有个约会 -什么约会 |
[33:26] | I checked with Gretchen | 我已经问过格蕾琴了 |
[33:26] | so you couldn’t get out of this with some made-up thing. | 所以你别想编个约会借机逃跑 |
[33:29] | – Your calendar’s empty. – You know what, Donna? | -你的日程表是空的 -你知道吗 唐娜 |
[33:31] | One thing I learned the hard way | 我历尽艰辛学到的一件事 |
[33:34] | is not to tell your secretary everything. | 就是不要什么都告诉你的秘书 |
[33:36] | Be careful, Harvey. | 小心点 哈维 |
[33:38] | Because you’re about to learn the hard way | 因为你要吃点苦头才能了解 |
[33:39] | that I may have lied to Louis about this once, | 也许这次我向路易说了谎 |
[33:41] | but I am never, never gonna do it again. | 但我再也不会这么做了 |
[33:47] | Harvey? | 哈维 |
[33:48] | Harvey, where have you been for the last 40 minutes? | 哈维 这四十分钟你神游去哪了 |
[33:51] | What are you talking about? | 你在说什么 |
[33:52] | I mean, you scheduled a session | 你安排了这次咨询 |
[33:53] | so that we could explore your mother, | 来跟我谈谈你母亲 |
[33:55] | and you’ve been telling me some meaningless story | 但你一直在跟我说 |
[33:56] | about when you got stung by a bee. | 被蜜蜂蜇的无聊故事 |
[34:00] | I got in a fight with Donna. | 我跟唐娜吵架了 |
[34:01] | Fight about what? | 为什么吵架 |
[34:03] | She wants me to tell Louis that I slept with his sister. | 她想让我告诉路易我跟他妹妹上床了 |
[34:06] | Why, exactly, does she want you to do that? | 她希望你这么做的目的何在 |
[34:08] | Because I promised Louis that I wouldn’t, | 因为我向路易保证过不会那么做 |
[34:10] | and she thinks he’s gonna find out. | 她觉得他迟早会发现 |
[34:12] | Why would you make a promise like that to Louis | 如果你无意遵守承诺 |
[34:14] | if you had no intention of keeping it? | 为什么还向路易保证呢 |
[34:15] | I had every intention of keeping it. | 我原本一心一意想遵守承诺 |
[34:17] | It’s Louis’s sister. | 那毕竟是路易的妹妹 |
[34:19] | But then I met her, and… | 但后来我见到她 然后… |
[34:21] | It happened. | 该发生的就发生了 |
[34:22] | Well, why don’t you just tell him that? | 那你为什么不就这么告诉他 |
[34:24] | Because he’s like a four-year-old, | 因为他就像个四岁小孩 |
[34:25] | and on top of that, he doesn’t own her. | 再说了 她又不属于他 |
[34:27] | She’s his sister. | 她是他的妹妹 |
[34:28] | But this isn’t about his relationship with his sister. | 但这与他和她妹妹的关系无关 |
[34:31] | It’s about his relationship with you. | 这是他和你的关系 |
[34:33] | You made him a promise. | 你对他承诺了 |
[34:34] | Yeah, and as long as he doesn’t find out I broke it, | 对 只要他没发现我打破承诺 |
[34:36] | it doesn’t matter. | 那就没关系 |
[34:37] | And in light of the story you told me the other day, | 鉴于你那天告诉我的事 |
[34:38] | that’s probably what someone you know very well said to herself. | 这可能也是某个你熟悉的人对她自己说的 |
[34:43] | Are you shitting me? You’re comparing me to her? | 你放什么狗屁 拿我和她比 |
[34:45] | I most certainly am. | 没错 |
[34:46] | Right down to you putting Donna in a position | 就好像你把唐娜置于 |
[34:48] | not to say anything. | 必须隐瞒的处境 |
[34:49] | Donna is not an eight-year-old boy, | 唐娜不是八岁小孩 |
[34:50] | and I’m not cheating on my wife. | 我也没有对我老婆劈腿 |
[34:51] | No, but you’re putting two people you care about | 没错 但你让两个你关心的人 |
[34:53] | in positions to feel betrayed. | 感到被背叛了 |
[34:55] | – Betrayed? – Yes. | -背叛 -没错 |
[34:56] | Like when someone has an affair with someone else. | 就像某人和另外一个人有了外遇 |
[34:58] | Okay–you don’t get to say that to me. | 够了 你没资格这么对我说话 |
[35:00] | It’s my job to say things like that to you. | 我的工作就是这么对你说话 |
[35:01] | Then you don’t know what you’re talking about, | 那你就是胡说八道 |
[35:02] | because I’ve lived my whole life | 因为我整个人生就是不去 |
[35:04] | – not to be her. – And when people do that, | -重蹈她的覆辙 -当一个人那么做 |
[35:07] | they very often become that very thing in a different way. | 常常会以另一种方式成为了那样的人 |
[35:09] | Well, I’m not goddamn her! | 我才不是她呢 |
[35:11] | Well, then, you better take a look in the mirror. | 好吧 那你最好照照镜子 |
[35:13] | Because you made a promise, snuck behind someone’s back | 因为你许下承诺又偷偷背着别人 |
[35:16] | to break it, and when confronted with that fact, | 打破承诺 当要面对事实时 |
[35:17] | you’re denying all responsibility. | 你就推脱掉所有责任 |
[35:19] | That sounds like an affair to me. | 在我看来 这就像是外遇 |
[35:27] | You wanted to see me? | 你找我吗 |
[35:29] | Do you know how hard I worked to get a view like this? | 你知道我多努力才走到今天这一步 |
[35:32] | Full scholarship to Vassar. | 瓦萨学院全额奖学金 |
[35:35] | Three years Harvard law, | 三年哈佛法学院 |
[35:36] | and one year as the first black woman | 作为第三巡回法庭的首位黑人女性 |
[35:39] | to clerk in the third circuit. | 做了一年的书记员 |
[35:41] | And I’m not going to waste all that hard work | 我不会轻易让别人夺走 |
[35:44] | just to let someone take everything away. | 我辛辛苦苦争取到的一切 |
[35:49] | Jessica, as far as I can tell, | 杰西卡 在我看来 |
[35:50] | Jack Soloff is holding up his end of the bargain. | 杰克·索罗夫遵守了他的承诺 |
[35:52] | He’s doing more than that. He just sent out an email | 不只这样 他还发了一封邮件 |
[35:55] | nominating you for junior partner. | 提名你作为初级合伙人 |
[35:57] | And you’re gonna figure out a way to turn it down. | 你得想办法拒绝 |
[35:59] | – What? – Go ahead, take a minute. | -什么 -没事 消化一下 |
[36:01] | Congratulations. You’ve earned it. | 恭喜你 你应得的 |
[36:04] | You are the best associate I have ever seen. | 你是我见过最优秀的助理律师 |
[36:08] | Now, these are your options. | 现在你有如下选择 |
[36:11] | Medical issues. Family emergency. | 医疗事故 家庭问题 |
[36:13] | You’re just not ready. | 你还没有准备好 |
[36:15] | Whatever it is, you simply cannot accept | 无论如何 这一次你就是不能接受 |
[36:17] | a junior partnership at this time. | 初级合伙人这个职位 |
[36:18] | Jessica, no one turns down partner. | 杰西卡 没有人会拒绝当合伙人 |
[36:20] | Well, they do now. | 现在有了 |
[36:21] | Because I’m not sending out a press release | 因为我不会发一篇通讯稿 |
[36:23] | announcing Mike Ross of Harvard just got promoted. | 宣布哈佛毕业的迈克·罗斯升职了 |
[36:26] | – Then don’t send one out. – You’re not hearing me. | -那就不要发稿 -你没听我说的话 |
[36:28] | No, you’re not hearing me. | 不 是你没在听我说话 |
[36:29] | What do you think is gonna happen | 如果有消息传出去 |
[36:30] | when word gets out that I was offered the one thing | 我得到了每个助理律师梦寐以求的职位 |
[36:32] | that every associate dreams of, and I turned it down? | 却拒绝了 你觉得之后会发生什么事 |
[36:35] | Nothing’s going to happen. | 没什么事会发生 |
[36:37] | Because you’re going to put your mind | 因为你要绞尽脑汁 |
[36:39] | to finding a good reason with as much enthusiasm as you did | 像当初你无比热忱地糊弄到这个职位那样 |
[36:43] | bullshitting your way into this job | 去找一个好理由 |
[36:44] | in the first place. | 来回绝这个提议 |
[36:55] | – What is this? – You know what it is. | -这是什么 -你明知故问 |
[36:57] | Portfolio of business I want you to take | 我希望你替我给 |
[36:59] | to Pearson Specter for me. | 皮尔逊-斯佩克特的案子 |
[37:00] | I’m not doing it. | 我不会那么做的 |
[37:01] | This is an opportunity for you, Jack. | 这是你的机会 杰克 |
[37:04] | No, Daniel, it’s an opportunity for you, | 不 丹尼尔 这对你来说是机会 |
[37:07] | and I’m not interested in carrying your water. | 我没兴趣再替你趟浑水了 |
[37:09] | Am I mistaken, or did we not have this discussion? | 是我记错了 还是我们没讨论过这事 |
[37:11] | We discussed it…Once. | 我们以前讨论过…一次 |
[37:14] | I remember. | 我记得 |
[37:15] | It was during that same conversation we had | 那次是你跑来找我 |
[37:17] | when you came to me for advice on the best way | 讨教如何在背后 |
[37:19] | to stab Harvey in the back. | 捅哈维刀子 |
[37:21] | I get it. You did me a favor. | 受教了 你帮了我一个忙 |
[37:23] | But I’m finished. | 但我罢手了 |
[37:25] | I don’t want your advice or your shortcuts anymore, | 我不需要你的建议或者捷径了 |
[37:27] | because all it did was almost get me fired. | 因为那差点害我被解雇 |
[37:29] | So please… Just take this. | 所以请你…拿着这个 |
[37:32] | Ah, you’ve always been a grinder, Jack. | 你总是这么兢兢业业 杰克 |
[37:37] | What’s that supposed to mean? | 这话是什么意思 |
[37:38] | I admire it. | 我很欣赏 |
[37:39] | But you’re not just a grinder. | 但你不只是那种书呆子律师 |
[37:41] | You have a chip on your shoulder. | 你是一个不安分的人 |
[37:42] | And the thing I’ve noticed | 有件事我清楚 |
[37:43] | about people with chips on their shoulder | 像你这样不安分的人 |
[37:46] | is that somewhere along the way | 总有一天 |
[37:49] | they went to great lengths to get ’em off. | 会想方设法找别人的茬 |
[37:52] | I got the chip off my shoulder. | 我已经找过茬了 |
[37:55] | I got Jessica’s respect. | 我得到了杰西卡的尊重 |
[37:58] | She doesn’t respect you. | 她并不尊重你 |
[38:00] | And that’s not the chip I’m talking about. | 而且我指的也不是那件事 |
[38:04] | Don’t call me again. | 别再打给我了 |
[38:17] | Esther, what are you doing here? | 埃斯特 你在这里做什么 |
[38:20] | I’m actually going out to dinner with Louis and Donna. | 我其实是来和路易唐娜吃晚餐的 |
[38:23] | Well, thanks for the invitation, | 感谢邀请 |
[38:25] | but that’s the last thing in the world I want to do right now. | 但我现在最不想做的就是这件事 |
[38:27] | That’s not why I’m here. | 我来这里不是为了这个 |
[38:28] | I was thinking about what you said | 我在考虑你说的 |
[38:31] | about why I called you first | 我为什么先给你打电话 |
[38:33] | and then about how you handled it. | 而你是怎么看的 |
[38:37] | And I thought… | 我想… |
[38:39] | maybe you might want to take me out this weekend. | 也许你这周可以约我出去 |
[38:45] | Esther, what do you think’s going on between us? | 埃斯特 你觉得我们是什么关系呢 |
[38:47] | – I don’t know, I just– – You don’t know? | -我不知道 我只是… -你不知道吗 |
[38:48] | Well, I’ll tell you. We had a moment. | 那我告诉你 我们曾共度良宵 |
[38:51] | It was nice, but I’m not interested in sneaking around. | 很美好 但我无意再偷偷摸摸下去了 |
[38:54] | Who said anything about sneaking around? | 谁说什么偷偷摸摸了吗 |
[38:57] | I did. And you just got divorced. | 我说的 你才刚离婚 |
[38:59] | And you’re a mother of two, | 你是两个孩子的母亲 |
[39:01] | and I’m not gonna be the reason that– | 我不想导致… |
[39:03] | – That what? – That nothing. | -导致什么 -没什么 |
[39:06] | Why don’t you just go out to your dinner? | 你为什么不出去吃晚饭 |
[39:08] | Harvey, tell me what’s going on. | 哈维 告诉我这是什么情况 |
[39:11] | What’s going on is, you asked me out and I said no, | 情况就是 你请我去吃饭被我拒绝了 |
[39:13] | so please just leave me alone. | 所以请你别再吵我了 |
[39:16] | Harvey– | 哈维 |
[39:16] | I said leave me alone. | 我说别吵我了 |
[39:28] | Did you make the reservation at Sarabeth’s? | 你在莎拉贝思餐厅订座了吗 |
[39:30] | For the seventh time, yes. | 你都问第七次了 订了 |
[39:32] | And why was it so important that it be there anyway? | 这餐厅为什么重要到非得去那里 |
[39:34] | Because their muffins are ten times better than Esther’s, | 因为他们做的松饼比埃斯特的好吃十倍 |
[39:35] | and I just want her to know it. | 我想让她知道 |
[39:36] | I thought you two made progress. | 我以为你俩关系改善了 |
[39:38] | She’s still my sister. | 她依然是我姐姐啊 |
[39:39] | And I can’t let her think that she’s the best at something. | 我不能让她以为她在一些事情上是最厉害的 |
[39:40] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[39:44] | Wait–what’s wrong? You look upset. | 等等 出什么事了吗 你很沮丧的样子 |
[39:46] | Nothing’s wrong. I’m just not feeling very well. | 没什么事 我只是不太舒服 |
[39:48] | It looks like tonight’s not a good night after all. | 看来今晚似乎不太合适 |
[39:50] | No, no, no, you’re upset. | 不不不 你很沮丧 |
[39:52] | It’s not that, louis. | 不是那样的 路易 |
[39:53] | I just don’t feel well. | 我就是不太舒服 |
[39:55] | Please, let’s just reschedule. | 拜托 改天再约吧 |
[40:02] | I’m gonna just call the restaurant and– | 我给餐厅打电话 然后 |
[40:03] | Wait a second, wait a second, wait a second. | 等一下 等一下 |
[40:06] | She came all the way down here just to cancel? | 她跑这么老远 就为了取消约会吗 |
[40:10] | I don’t know, Louis, I mean, maybe she was | 我不知道 路易 可能是她 |
[40:12] | already on her way over here and– | 已经往这里来了 然后… |
[40:13] | Did she just come from Harvey’s office? | 她是从哈维的办公室过来的吗 |
[40:14] | Because that’s the direction she came from, | 因为她是从那里过来的 |
[40:16] | Not the elevators. | 不是从电梯那里 |
[40:18] | I don’t know, Louis. What do you want me to say? | 我不知道 路易 你想让我说什么 |
[40:23] | “I don’t know” | “我不知道” |
[40:26] | is exactly what you said | 我之前问你 |
[40:27] | when I asked you if you thought | 哈维和埃斯特之间 |
[40:28] | there was anything going on between Harvey and Esther, | 有没有发生什么时 你就是这么回答的 |
[40:30] | and now you’re saying it again. | 现在你又这么说 |
[40:33] | But you’re Donna, and you know everything. | 但你是唐娜 你什么都知道 |
[40:38] | I’m sorry, Louis. I do know. | 抱歉 路易 我确实知道 |
[40:41] | – What are you gonna do? – None of your business. | -你要干什么 -跟你没关系 |
[40:43] | Stay out of it. You’ve done enough. | 别管了 你已经做得够多的了 |
[40:54] | You and I are gonna have a talk right now. | 你和我现在得谈谈 |
[40:55] | Hey, whatever it is… it can wait. | 无论是什么 都等一下 |
[40:58] | I need to tell you something. | 我得告诉你一件事 |
[40:59] | Does it have something to do with why my sister | 跟我姐姐很沮丧地离开这里 |
[41:00] | just left here too upset to go out to dinner? | 都不去吃晚饭有关吗 |
[41:04] | You piece of shit. I knew it. | 你个混蛋 我就知道 |
[41:05] | What’d you do to her now? | 你对她做了什么 |
[41:06] | I didn’t do anything to her, Louis. | 我没对她做什么 路易 |
[41:08] | And when I say now, | 我说现在 |
[41:09] | I mean as opposed to before when you slept with her. | 指的是相对于你跟她睡过的以前 |
[41:13] | That’s right–Donna, the one you tried to steal from me | 没错 是唐娜 就是前几天晚上你从我这里偷走 |
[41:15] | at dinner the other night told me– | 拉去吃晚饭的人告诉我 |
[41:16] | Calm down, I didn’t try to steal any– | 冷静点 我没想偷任何… |
[41:18] | You made a promise to me! | 你向我保证过的 |
[41:21] | And even after I told you | 即便我告诉过你 |
[41:22] | about when Esther and I were kids | 埃斯特和我小时候 |
[41:23] | and the boys used me to get to her, | 男孩子们都利用我接近她 |
[41:25] | you still went ahead and betrayed me. | 你依然义无反顾地背叛我 |
[41:26] | Louis, it had already happened, | 路易 已经发生了 |
[41:28] | and I was just now about to tell you. | 我正要告诉你 |
[41:30] | Bullshit! You were never gonna tell me. | 瞎说 你根本没打算要告诉我 |
[41:31] | You were gonna keep it to yourself | 你打算把这个秘密 |
[41:32] | – till the day you died. – Louis, you have to believe me. | -带进棺材里 -路易 你必须相信我 |
[41:34] | I swear I was just about to tell you. | 我发誓我正要去告诉你 |
[41:36] | What you’re about to do is get your ass kicked. | 你要做的是准备好被暴揍一顿 |
[41:38] | All right, watch yourself. | 好吧 你小心点 |
[41:39] | Don’t threaten something you can’t handle. | 别威胁你对付不了的人 |
[41:41] | You don’t think I can handle you? | 你觉得我对付不了你吗 |
[41:42] | You also thought I was too stupid to find out, | 你还以为我会蠢到发现不了呢 |
[41:44] | but I did find out. | 但我发现了 |
[41:45] | I found out that you’re nothing but a lying, cheating– | 我发现你不过是个撒谎… |
[41:48] | I did not cheat with Esther. | 我没有欺骗埃斯特 |
[41:50] | It was two grown people | 那是两个成年人 |
[41:51] | making a goddamn decision for themselves. | 自己做出的一个决定 |
[41:53] | Well, that decision ended | 那个决定却以 |
[41:54] | with her walking out of here near tears | 她哭着走出这里结束 |
[41:56] | because she didn’t have all the facts, | 因为她不清楚全部真相 |
[41:58] | like the fact that you’re a serial womanizer | 比如你是个玩弄女人的惯犯 |
[41:59] | who can’t stand when anyone else | 别的女人一撩拨 |
[42:01] | – has anything. – Shut the hell up! | -就不能自持 -快闭嘴 |
[42:01] | So he takes whatever woman’s in sight… | 所以能到手的女人他都要 |
[42:03] | – I’m telling you. – Because he’s so messed up | -我告诉你 -因为他在可怜的童年时期 |
[42:05] | from whatever goddamn thing happened to him | 遭受了什么破事 导致他现在 |
[42:07] | – in his pathetic childhood… – Shut the hell up! | -这么人渣… -闭嘴 |
[42:08] | He can’t– | 他不能 |
[42:20] | Harvey. | 哈维 |
[42:21] | Get away from me. | 滚开 |
[42:23] | You get the hell out of here. | 你滚出去 |