时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:07] | You think that I don’t know that | 你以为我不知道 |
[00:08] | all your problems are solved | 只要我告诉他们这是哈维做的 |
[00:10] | if I tell them that Harvey did this? | 你就万事大吉了 |
[00:11] | I would be lying if I said it didn’t cross my mind | 如果说我没想过迈克应该做个交易 |
[00:14] | that maybe Mike should think about making a deal. | 那我一定是在说谎 |
[00:16] | And now that they’ve taken in your father, | 现在他们抓走了你爸爸 |
[00:17] | you can’t tell me that the thought hasn’t crossed yours too. | 别告诉我你没有过同样的想法 |
[00:20] | Thinking about it and talking about it aren’t the same thing. | 想过和说出来可不是一回事 |
[00:22] | I got a call about an article | 我接到一个电话 是一篇关于 |
[00:24] | on Mike Ross’ meteoric rise to junior partner. | 迈克·罗斯如何飞速蹿升到初级合伙人的文章 |
[00:27] | The problem is there is no Mike Ross. | 问题是哈佛没有迈克·罗斯这个人 |
[00:29] | You reported it anonymously, | 你匿名举报了这件事 |
[00:31] | because you didn’t want to look bad. | 因为你不想做坏人 |
[00:32] | I reported it anonymously | 我之所以匿名举报 |
[00:33] | because I was ashamed that it happened on my watch. | 是因为我为自己任上发生这种事而感到羞愧 |
[00:36] | I loved you, | 我那么爱你 |
[00:37] | and you let some stupid secret come between us | 你却让这种愚蠢的秘密成为我们之间的绊脚石 |
[00:39] | because you couldn’t trust me with it. | 只因为你无法信任我 |
[00:40] | All you have to do is admit what you did, | 只要你承认自己犯下的错 |
[00:43] | and all of this goes away. | 这些就会随之而去 |
[00:45] | Sheila came forward. | 希拉站出来了 |
[00:46] | She admitted she was the one who wrote the e-mail. | 她承认是她写的邮件 |
[00:48] | You and your partners are hereby subpoenaed | 你和你的合伙人被传讯 |
[00:51] | to hand over every single document in the entire firm. | 提供律所所有文件 |
[00:57] | Harvey, I’m not sure this is the best idea. | 哈维 我觉得这不是个好主意 |
[00:59] | We need to know what she has. What’s the downside? | 我们得知道她手里有什么 这有什么坏处吗 |
[01:02] | The downside is that we move up the trial. | 坏处就是就是我们要进入庭审了 |
[01:04] | Mike, this trial’s coming, whether we like it or not. | 迈克 不管我们愿不愿意 庭审总会来的 |
[01:07] | And the more time we have knowing her game plan, | 我们越早知道她的计划 |
[01:09] | the better off we’ll be. | 对我们越有利 |
[01:13] | – Holy shit. – What? | -完蛋了 -怎么了 |
[01:15] | I took the LASTs with this guy. | 我之前替这家伙考过法学院入学考试 |
[01:17] | So what? | 那又怎样 |
[01:18] | So he can give Gibbs something | 那他就能给吉布斯提供 |
[01:19] | she doesn’t even have on me yet. | 关于我的新证据了 |
[01:20] | Yes, but to do that, he’d be ruining his whole career. | 可如果这么做 他的职业生涯就毁于一旦了 |
[01:23] | Which means, even if he remembers you, | 也就是说 即使他还记得你 |
[01:25] | he’s more afraid of you than you are of him. | 比起你怕他 他更怕你 |
[01:27] | So calm the hell down. | 所以别瞎紧张了 |
[01:29] | All right, let’s make this quick. | 好了 我们速战速决 |
[01:31] | Your Honor, making it quick is exactly | 法官大人 速战速决 |
[01:33] | what we’re asking you to do. | 也是我们的请求 |
[01:34] | She hasn’t handed over her discovery yet. | 她还没递交她的证据 |
[01:36] | I’m still building a case, | 我还在整理案卷 |
[01:38] | and we haven’t even set a date for the trial yet. | 而且庭审日期还未确定 |
[01:39] | And the check’s in the mail, and all the other things | 人们不想完成任务时 |
[01:41] | people say when they don’t wanna do what they have to do. | 就会说正在准备之类的话 |
[01:44] | What I have to do is protect the public | 我的任务是保护公众 |
[01:45] | from the likes of you. | 免遭你这类人的毒害 |
[01:46] | All right, that’s enough. | 好了 你们够了 |
[01:47] | Get that discovery to them by the end of the day. | 今天把证据给他们 |
[01:49] | In that case, we’d like to ask that the day of the trial | 既然如此 我方要求 |
[01:51] | be set in the next two weeks. | 在两周内进行庭审 |
[01:53] | Objection, Your Honor, she’s had weeks to– | 反对 法官大人 她已经准备好几周了 |
[01:55] | You can’t have it both ways, Mr. Specter. | 鱼与熊掌不可兼得 斯佩克特先生 |
[01:57] | You can’t demand discovery and ask for more time. | 你不能既想要证据又想要更多时间准备 |
[02:00] | Trial starts in two weeks. | 庭审在两周后开始 |
[02:05] | Jessica, we have a problem. | 杰西卡 我们有个问题 |
[02:07] | Thanks for pointing that out, Jack. | 谢谢你能指出来 杰克 |
[02:08] | I had no idea. | 我都没发现呢 |
[02:09] | I’m not talking about the trial. | 我指的不是庭审 |
[02:10] | I’m talking about this. | 是这个 |
[02:12] | What the hell is that? | 那是什么玩意儿 |
[02:14] | An op-ed in the Journal. | 《华尔街日报》的一篇评论文章 |
[02:16] | “There is no way on God’s green earth | “在圣光普照的大地上绝不可能发生的事 |
[02:18] | “that at least one of the three name partners | 就是皮尔逊-斯佩克特-利特律所的 |
[02:21] | “at Pearson Specter Litt | 三个冠名合伙人中 |
[02:23] | didn’t know what was going on under their own roof.” | 没有一个知道自己公司内部的勾当” |
[02:27] | “God’s green earth.” Who wrote it? | “圣光普照的大地” 这是谁写的 |
[02:30] | A partner at Skaaden. | 斯凯登律所的一个合伙人 |
[02:31] | If it wasn’t them, it would’ve been someone else, | 就算他们不写 也会有别人写 |
[02:33] | because they smell blood. | 因为他们闻到了血腥味 |
[02:34] | I don’t care what they smell. | 我才不管他们闻到了什么 |
[02:35] | I’ve given up everything for this firm, | 为了这个律所我放弃了一切 |
[02:37] | and if anybody tries to take it from me, | 如果任何人想从我手中夺走它 |
[02:39] | they’ll have to pry it from my cold, dead hands. | 他们得从我僵硬冰冷的死尸手中掰下来才行 |
[02:42] | – And what’s your goddamn plan? – Excuse me? | -那你的计划呢 -你说什么 |
[02:44] | Jessica, our reputation’s taking a beating. | 杰西卡 律所的名声正受到质疑 |
[02:46] | We need to rehabilitate it. | 我们需要恢复它 |
[02:47] | That means pro bono, and you know it. | 也就是要做法律援助 你懂的 |
[02:49] | One free case is not going to move the needle, | 不管一个无偿案件多么有价值 |
[02:51] | no matter how worthy it is. | 它都不会改变现状 |
[02:53] | I’m not talking about one case. | 我指的不是单个案件 |
[02:54] | I’m talking about a series of cases | 我指的是为我们的客户最在意的慈善机构 |
[02:56] | for our clients’ most valued charities. | 提供一系列无偿服务 |
[03:00] | Oh, this better not be another scheme, Jack. | 这最好不是你的新阴谋 杰克 |
[03:03] | You think this is a move? | 你觉得这是我的一步阴谋 |
[03:04] | Now why would I ever think that after you tried | 不然你认为我会怎么想 |
[03:06] | to take my firm from me six times in the last ten minutes? | 你刚想方设法从我手中夺权没多久呢 |
[03:09] | I did try to take over from you. | 我确实想夺权上位 |
[03:11] | But I’ve been at this firm my entire career, | 但我这辈子都效力于这个律所 |
[03:14] | and I am fighting for it now. | 而现在我在为它抗争 |
[03:15] | – And you think I’m not? – I’m sure you are. | -你认为我没有为它抗争吗 -我确定你有 |
[03:17] | But you’re also the reason I’m holding this indictment | 但我之所以会拿着这份对律所的控告 |
[03:19] | of our firm in the first place, | 你也是首要原因 |
[03:21] | because what they’re saying is true. | 因为这上面说的很对 |
[03:22] | And don’t you dare try to tell me | 你敢告诉我 |
[03:23] | you didn’t know about Mike Ross, | 你不知道迈克·罗斯的事吗 |
[03:25] | because we both know you did. | 你我都清楚你一直都知道的 |
[03:37] | What the hell do you want? | 你到底想干什么 |
[03:38] | Oh, since you made me come all the way down here, | 既然你都让我大老远跑来一趟了 |
[03:40] | I thought I’d save the taxpayers some money | 我觉得我就不雇专人了 |
[03:41] | on hiring a server. | 好给纳税人省点钱 |
[03:43] | A server for what? | 雇专人干什么 |
[03:43] | For your fiancée. I’d like to ask her some questions. | 请你未婚妻 我想问她几个问题 |
[03:46] | Get the hell out of here. | 哪儿凉快哪儿待着去 |
[03:47] | You want to serve a subpoena, you serve it to her. | 想送传票 你自己给她 |
[03:49] | Well, then I wouldn’t get to see the look on your face. | 那样的话 我就看不到你现在的表情了 |
[03:51] | Did you really think I wouldn’t hit you where it hurts? | 你真以为我不知道你的要害吗 |
[03:53] | I was saving your weakest spot for last. | 我只是把最弱的那点留到最后而已 |
[03:56] | Have a nice day, gentlemen. | 祝你们愉快 先生们 |
[04:02] | What? | 怎么了 |
[04:04] | You know what. | 知道吗 |
[04:05] | It’s time we give that woman a taste of her own medicine. | 该给那个女人点颜色看看了 |
[04:07] | What the hell is that supposed to mean? | 你什么意思 |
[04:08] | It means we hire a lawyer from an outside firm, | 我们雇一个外所律师 |
[04:10] | and we dig up dirt on someone she cares about. | 查查她关心的事情 |
[04:12] | – Are you out of your mind? – You saw what she did to Donna. | -你疯了吧 -你看到她是怎么对唐娜的了 |
[04:14] | It’s only a matter of time before she tries | 她用同样卑鄙的手段对瑞秋 |
[04:16] | – to pull the same shit with Rachel. – Mike– | -只是时间的问题 -迈克 |
[04:18] | Harvey, you’re the one that taught me that | 哈维 是你教的我 |
[04:19] | when someone puts pressure on you, you put it back on them. | 当有人向你施压时 要以牙还牙 |
[04:21] | I also taught you if you’re gonna take a swing at someone, | 我还教过你 如果想要反击 |
[04:24] | you better knock them out, | 你最好能一击制胜 |
[04:25] | and if we pull the shit that you’re talking about | 如果我们照你说的做 |
[04:27] | and get caught, | 然后被抓了 |
[04:27] | all that happens is I get thrown off this case, | 最终下场就是我被踢出这个案子 |
[04:30] | and it’s game over. | 然后一切玩完了 |
[04:32] | Harvey, I can’t stand by and watch while the people | 哈维 我不能眼睁睁地看着 |
[04:34] | I care about get attacked, and neither could you. | 我在乎的人受到攻击 你也不能 |
[04:36] | Mike, I promise you, | 迈克 我向你保证 |
[04:37] | I will be there for Rachel every step of the way. | 无论如何我都会为瑞秋挺身而出 |
[04:39] | In the meantime, | 与此同时 |
[04:40] | I need you going through every one of those boxes. | 我需要你好好过一遍那些箱子里的文件 |
[04:43] | Because if that woman is ready to go to trial, | 因为如果那个女人真准备好了上庭 |
[04:45] | she’s got a lot more than an e-mail | 那她掌握到的证据就肯定不止 |
[04:47] | from Louis’ girlfriend. | 路易女友的一封邮件 |
[05:22] | – Rachel Zane. – Yes? | -瑞秋·赞恩 -是我 |
[05:24] | My name is Anita Gibbs. I’m the– | 安妮塔·吉布斯 我是 |
[05:26] | Yes, I know who you are. | 我知道你是谁 |
[05:27] | I’m flattered you came for me personally. | 你亲自来找我 真是荣幸 |
[05:29] | But we aren’t supposed to talk for another three days, | 但我们这三天不能见面 |
[05:31] | and I don’t have my lawyer with me, so– | 现在我律师也不在 所以 |
[05:33] | This isn’t a formal interrogation. | 这并非正式询问 |
[05:35] | That won’t be necessary. | 没必要律师陪同 |
[05:36] | Then I’ll tell you what is necessary. | 那我告诉你什么有必要 |
[05:38] | You’re going to put in writing that anything I say to you | 你得白纸黑字的写一份证明表示我所说的 |
[05:40] | is inadmissible. | 任何话都无效 |
[05:41] | I suspected you’d say that, which is why i prepared this. | 我就知道你会这么说 所以准备了这个 |
[05:47] | I understand if you’d prefer to ask somebody who’s actually | 如果你想向一个真从法律学校毕业的人咨询 |
[05:50] | completed law school if that’s legally binding. | 这份文件是否具有法律效力 我可以理解 |
[05:54] | I’m perfectly capable of determining | 我完全有能力判断 |
[05:56] | if this is legally binding or not. | 这是否有法律效力 |
[05:59] | And I’m not going to let you | 而且我也绝不会让你 |
[06:00] | bait me into saying anything to you. | 骗我跟你讲任何事 |
[06:02] | Well, that’s fine with me. | 我不介意 |
[06:03] | I’m not looking for you to talk. | 我不是指望你说什么 |
[06:06] | I’m looking for you to listen. | 是希望你听听我的话 |
[06:15] | Well, it’s official. | 正式通知 |
[06:16] | No matter what happens at trial, | 不管案子结果如何 |
[06:17] | this firm isn’t surviving Mike Ross. | 律所也不会比迈克·罗斯活得久了 |
[06:19] | I know about the editorial, Louis. | 我知道那篇社论了 路易 |
[06:21] | What editorial? | 什么社论 |
[06:22] | I’m talking about the summer associate applications. | 我说的是夏季新律师申请的事 |
[06:26] | – How bad is it? – Three people. | -有多可怕 -就三个人 |
[06:27] | Not just any three people, the three people | 还不是随便三个人 是三个 |
[06:28] | that never should’ve made it to harvard in the first place. | 根本就不配进哈佛的人 |
[06:31] | Goddamn it. | 该死的 |
[06:32] | Sheila’s sending us the bottom of the barrel. | 希拉是把垫底的送来了 |
[06:34] | She’s giving us the sludge that grows | 她是把给垫底的垫底的人 |
[06:36] | at the bottom of the barrel. | 送来了 |
[06:37] | Then… | 那么 |
[06:40] | I think it might be time to start looking beyond Harvard. | 我认为也许我们该把眼光放在哈佛以外了 |
[06:45] | Yeah, that’s a great idea. You know what? | 是吗 真是好主意 那不如 |
[06:47] | We should start shitting in the urinals while we’re at it. | 我们以后有什么就招什么吧 |
[06:48] | I’m not talking about the University of Arizona, Louis. | 我又没说是亚利桑那州立大学 路易 |
[06:52] | I’m talking about Columbia, Yale, Stanford– | 我指的是哥伦比亚 耶鲁 斯坦福 |
[06:55] | And I’m talking about appearances. | 我指的是我们的形象 |
[06:57] | We break our rule and suddenly hire outside of Harvard– | 我们打破规矩突然从哈佛以外招人的话 |
[06:59] | We already broke our rule for Rachel with Columbia. | 我们收了哥伦比亚的瑞秋就已经破了规矩 |
[07:02] | Please, that was different, and you know it. | 拜托 这是两码事 你自己也知道 |
[07:04] | No. It was because of Mike, | 不 那就是因为迈克 |
[07:06] | which makes it the same goddamn thing. | 所以这才根本就是一码事 |
[07:08] | One way or another, we are going to keep this firm going. | 不管怎样 我们都要让律所运转下去 |
[07:11] | So if you don’t wanna go outside of harvard to do that, | 所以你要不想去哈佛以外招人 |
[07:13] | then I suggest you go up to Cambridge, | 那我建议你赶紧去剑桥 |
[07:16] | and convince Sheila to start feeding us | 说服希拉给我们介绍些 |
[07:18] | some worthy goddamn applicants. | 有资格的申请者 |
[07:26] | Okay. So first you pick me up, | 好了 你先是派车来接我 |
[07:28] | then you bring me to my favorite café. | 又带我来了我最喜欢的咖啡店 |
[07:30] | What can I say? I do my homework. | 有什么办法 我的调查工作就是做得好 |
[07:32] | As do I, Ms. Gibbs, which is why I’m not falling for you | 我也不赖 吉布斯女士 所以我不会 |
[07:33] | pretending to be my friend. | 上你假装示好的当的 |
[07:35] | You’re right. I’m not your friend. | 你说得对 我不是你的朋友 |
[07:36] | But I am willing to pull some strings | 但我愿意动用点影响力 |
[07:37] | to get the man you love into Columbia Law School. | 帮你爱的男人进哥伦比亚法学院 |
[07:40] | And if you think that I’m gonna buy that fairy tale, | 如果你以为我会相信你这个童话 |
[07:42] | the only strings you’re trying to pull are mine. | 那你的影响力作用的唯一一个人就是我 |
[07:44] | The only fairy tale here is the one where you believe | 这件事里唯一的童话是你以为 |
[07:46] | you get out of this thing unscathed. | 你能毫发无损的度过这一劫 |
[07:48] | Okay. We’re done here. | 行了 我跟你谈够了 |
[07:50] | Rachel, I’m just trying to give you your options. | 瑞秋 我只是想让你清楚你都有哪些路 |
[07:52] | I know my options. | 我知道我的路 |
[07:53] | Then you know you have no spousal privilege, | 那你就该知道你没有配偶特权 |
[07:54] | which means you’re going to have to tell the truth, | 也就是说你有义务说出真相 |
[07:56] | and put your fiancée away. | 让你未婚夫进监狱 |
[07:57] | Or you’re gonna have to plead the Fifth. | 否则你只能引用第五修正案 |
[07:59] | Or I can say that he didn’t do this. | 或者我可以说他就没干这件事 |
[08:02] | Perjuring yourself is the same as taking the Fifth, | 做伪证和引用第五修正案没区别 |
[08:04] | as far as your future is concerned. | 你的未来一样是毁了 |
[08:05] | What the hell does that mean? | 你这是什么意思 |
[08:06] | I’m saying that someday you’re going to face | 我的意思是你总有一天 |
[08:08] | the character and fitness committee of the bar, | 要面对律界的性格健康委员会 |
[08:10] | and I seriously doubt they’re going to admit somebody | 我真的很怀疑他们会认可 |
[08:12] | who did that. | 干过这种事的人 |
[08:13] | Are you trying to intimidate a witness? | 你是在恐吓证人吗 |
[08:14] | Because yes, someday I will face that committee, | 没错 有天我会面对委员会的审查 |
[08:18] | but tomorrow they’re going to be hearing about you. | 但明天他们得先听听你的事 |
[08:21] | I’m your only way out of this mess. | 我是你度过此劫的唯一活路 |
[08:23] | Just give me the people who are actually responsible for it, | 把真正该付责任的人交给我 |
[08:26] | and I’ll see to it that both you and Mike can practice law | 我会确保你和迈克的余生都能继续 |
[08:29] | for the rest of your lives. | 在法律界谋生 |
[08:39] | Please tell me that’s the last one. | 求你告诉我这是最后一箱了 |
[08:40] | It is. | 没错 |
[08:42] | Except for the hundred in the other conference room. | 除了另一间会议室堆的一百个之外 |
[08:44] | – Holy shit. – Yeah. | -天哪 -是啊 |
[08:45] | Trial strategy 101. | 庭审策略第一招 |
[08:47] | Bury the other side in paperwork, | 把对方埋进资料堆 |
[08:49] | so they can’t find what they’re looking for. | 这样他们就不知道自己在找什么了 |
[08:51] | And what are we looking for? | 那我们在找什么 |
[08:52] | Gibbs’ trial strategy. | 吉布斯的庭审策略 |
[08:54] | Somewhere in these boxes are the pieces | 这些盒子里藏着 |
[08:56] | that she is putting together to make her case. | 她拼起来立案的拼图碎片 |
[08:59] | We find them, we know specifically what we have to fight. | 找到它们 就能确切知道我们要对付什么了 |
[09:01] | And what specifically might those things look like? | 那些碎片确切可能长什么样 |
[09:05] | Witness lists, interviews, anything to do with Lola Jensen, | 证人名单 面谈 关于罗拉·詹森的一切 |
[09:09] | utility bills from when I was supposed to be at Harvard– | 我本该在哈佛时期间的对账单 |
[09:11] | Wait, wait, wait. Slow down. | 等等 慢点 |
[09:13] | – Why are you writing this down? – So I can remember it. | -你抄着些干什么 -免得忘了 |
[09:15] | And because we need a system. | 而且我们也需要建立个系统 |
[09:18] | And because you’ve never done doc review before. | 而且还因为你从没做过文献整理 |
[09:22] | I don’t believe it. | 难以置信 |
[09:22] | How you’ve been a legal secretary this long, | 你是怎么做到做了这么久的法律秘书 |
[09:24] | – and never have done doc review. – I will tell you how. | -还从没做过文献整理 -那我告诉你 |
[09:26] | Because I’m the best damn person you’ve ever seen | 因为我是你见过的最会读懂人心 |
[09:28] | at reading people, anticipating needs, | 最会预测需求 |
[09:30] | and generally dominating everything. | 基本上能处理所有事的人 |
[09:32] | So, in this situation, | 也就是说这件事上 |
[09:33] | you’re going to be absolutely no help at all. | 你完全帮不上忙 |
[09:34] | – None whatsoever. – I’m getting Rachel. | -毫无办法 -我去找瑞秋 |
[09:41] | What’s that? | 那是什么 |
[09:42] | What does it look like? | 你看像什么 |
[09:43] | It looks like something I don’t have time for. | 像我没时间处理的东西 |
[09:45] | Well, make time. | 那就挤点时间出来 |
[09:46] | Jessica, we’ve got a thousand boxes of shit to go through, | 杰西卡 我们有一千箱垃圾要过一遍 |
[09:49] | – and I’ve got trial in two weeks. – What? | -而且开庭就剩两周了 -什么 |
[09:52] | That’s right. The date’s been set. | 没错 时间已经定了 |
[09:53] | So I’m sorry that I can’t have a doughnut with you right now, | 所以抱歉我现在没法陪你吃甜甜圈 |
[09:55] | but I’ve got something a little more important to deal with. | 但我现在有稍比那重要点的事要做 |
[09:57] | Harvey, I understand, but our clients are being circled. | 哈维 我理解 但我们客户被盯上了 |
[09:59] | Our reputation’s getting tanked, | 我们的名誉在受损 |
[10:00] | and we’re getting sent shit associates. | 新律师应聘人也都差得不行 |
[10:02] | And Mike Ross is facing prison. | 可迈克·罗斯面临着牢狱之灾 |
[10:04] | And you’re handling one thing, | 你只负责一件事 |
[10:06] | while I’m handling everything else. | 而我要负责其它所有事 |
[10:08] | – Jessica– – No, never mind, Harvey. | -杰西卡 -算了 别介意 哈维 |
[10:10] | It’s clear that you really don’t care | 我明白你其实不在乎 |
[10:13] | about keeping this firm together. | 这家律所是否分崩离析 |
[10:14] | I resigned to keep this firm together. | 我为了让律所不分裂都辞职了 |
[10:16] | Well, it sure doesn’t seem to be working out that way, | 但这好像没有奏效啊 |
[10:18] | does it? | 不是吗 |
[10:23] | Great, I’ll have my secretary set up a meeting for monday. | 好的 我会让秘书在周一安排一次会面 |
[10:27] | If that meeting’s about your pro bono bullshit, | 如果那是关于你那破公益诉讼的 |
[10:29] | – cancel it. – What? | -取消掉 -什么 |
[10:30] | You said it yourself, Jack. | 你自己说过的 杰克 |
[10:32] | Other firms smell blood. | 其它律所已经闻到血腥味了 |
[10:34] | Well, you don’t get a shark to back off by playing nice, | 友善不会让鲨鱼退却 |
[10:37] | You do it by clubbing him in the face. | 你得用棍棒打在他脸上让他退却 |
[10:39] | They come after our clients, we go after theirs. | 他们挖我们的客户 我们也挖他们的 |
[10:41] | Clients aren’t the ones writing editorials | 《华尔街日报》写报道的 |
[10:43] | for “The Wall Street Journal”, Jack. | 可不是客户 杰克 |
[10:46] | You want to poach an attorney. | 你要挖个律师 |
[10:47] | I wanna poach a whole goddamn department. | 我要挖整个部门 |
[10:50] | That is definitely another way to go. | 这可是完全不同的一个选择啊 |
[10:52] | It’s the only way to go, | 这是我们仅有的选择 |
[10:54] | because if we didn’t do what we’re saying we didn’t do, | 因为如果我们没有做那些我们说没做过的事 |
[10:56] | -this is what we do. – I get it. | -我们就会这么行动 -我明白了 |
[10:58] | You’re trying to convince the world we’re innocent. | 你要告诉外界我们是清白的 |
[11:00] | Jack, I don’t give a shit if my enemies think | 杰克 我不关心我的敌人是否认为 |
[11:03] | I’m innocent or not. | 我是无辜的 |
[11:04] | I give a shit whether they think they can take me down, | 我只关心他们是否认为自己能击败我 |
[11:08] | which is why I’m not going to cower in some pro bono corner, | 这就是为什么我不去忙着做公益诉讼 |
[11:10] | trying to convince them that I’m friendly. | 来向他们表现自己的友善 |
[11:13] | I’m going to kick some ass, | 我要主动出击 |
[11:15] | and remind them that I’m fierce. | 让他们重温我的凶猛 |
[11:26] | There you are. I’ve been looking everywhere for you. | 你在这里啊 我到处找你 |
[11:28] | Rachel, we need your help. Where have you been? | 瑞秋 我们需要你的帮助 你跑到哪里去了 |
[11:31] | With Anita Gibbs. | 跟安妮塔·吉布斯在一起 |
[11:32] | What? How did you let that happen? | 什么 你怎么能跟她会面 |
[11:34] | Because she ambushed me on the street, | 她在街上守着我 拿着一份文件 |
[11:35] | with a document that said our conversation | 声明我们俩的谈话 |
[11:37] | would be inadmissible. | 不会作为证据 |
[11:38] | And if she did that is because | 她这么做就是 |
[11:39] | she didn’t want to talk to you, | 为了套你的话 |
[11:40] | she wanted to get in your head. | 她想给你下套 |
[11:41] | Mike, I know what she wanted to do. | 迈克 我知道她打算干什么 |
[11:44] | What did she say? | 她怎么说的 |
[11:48] | She said that she could get you into Columbia, | 她说她能让你上哥伦比亚大学 |
[11:51] | and that you could be a lawyer after all this is over. | 在这一切平息之后你可以成为一名律师 |
[11:53] | Rachel, she’s lying– | 瑞秋 她在撒谎 |
[11:54] | You think I don’t know that? | 你觉得我看不出来吗 |
[11:56] | Well, we’ve already been over this. | 我们已经讨论过了 |
[11:57] | The only way she is gonna help us is if we help her | 只有我们背叛了哈维和杰西卡之后 |
[11:59] | put Harvey and Jessica away. | 她才会帮我们 |
[12:00] | Yes, Mike, I know that, but we didn’t go over the part | 迈克 这个我知道 但是我们没有讨论过 |
[12:03] | where I don’t get into the bar because I took the Fifth. | 我因为拒绝作证而无法当律师的事 |
[12:06] | Oh, goddamn it! | 我的天哪 |
[12:06] | This is exactly why I wanted Harvey to be there. | 这就是为什么我希望哈维在场 |
[12:08] | – She got into your head. – She didn’t got into my head. | -她果然套住你了 -她没有影响到我 |
[12:10] | She dangled our dream in front of me, | 她把我们的梦想吊在那里诱惑我 |
[12:11] | and I know that we can’t have that. | 我知道这个我们不能拿 |
[12:14] | It doesn’t mean I can’t handle this. | 但这并不意味着我不能掌控局面 |
[12:19] | It doesn’t seem like you’re handling it. | 看情形你好像并没有掌控局面 |
[12:21] | – I am. – You’re crying. | -我有掌控 -你哭了 |
[12:22] | No. I’m releasing my emotions so that I can persevere | 不 我释放我的情绪是因为我承认它的存在 |
[12:25] | instead of denying them and losing my mind. | 而不是否认它进而失去理智 |
[12:28] | Which I can’t do today, | 我今天不能失去理智 |
[12:30] | because I have a meeting with the Dean. | 因为我跟院长有个会面 |
[12:32] | Now, I came in here to be alone | 我独自藏在这里 |
[12:33] | so I can deal with my shit, | 是为了处理这些烂事 |
[12:35] | so if you don’t mind, I would like to be alone | 所以你不介意的话 让我一个人待会儿 |
[12:37] | so I can deal with my shit. | 让我自己处理这些 |
[12:51] | Hey, did you find something in the discovery? | 你搜寻到什么结果了没有 |
[12:54] | Yeah, sure as hell did. | 当然有 |
[12:55] | I just discovered that Gibbs picked up Rachel. | 我发现吉布斯跟瑞秋见面了 |
[12:57] | What? She arrested her? | 什么 吉布斯逮捕她了吗 |
[12:58] | No, she pulled up to the curb with some document. | 没有 她拿份破文件在路边等着她 |
[13:00] | I don’t give a shit what she pulled up with. | 我不关心她拿了什么狗屁文件 |
[13:02] | Rachel should know not to go with her. | 瑞秋应该明白不要跟她接触 |
[13:03] | Yeah, and that would’ve been an excellent thing | 是啊 她的律师应该告知她这个 |
[13:04] | for her lawyer to tell her, except her lawyer wasn’t there. | 可她的律师不在场 |
[13:07] | – Excuse me? – You promised me | -什么 -你向我保证过 |
[13:08] | that you would be with her every step of the way. | 法律程序的每一步都会陪着她 |
[13:10] | I promised I’d represent her at a deposition, | 我保证过我在取证的时候会跟她在一起 |
[13:12] | not babysit her 24 hours a day. | 不是全天24小时做她的保姆 |
[13:14] | Maybe instead of getting mad at Rachel, | 也许与其生瑞秋的气 |
[13:16] | 我们应该想想怎么对付吉布斯 it is time for us to figure out how to go after Gibbs.【轴】 | |
[13:18] | – This again. – Yes, this again. | -又来这个 -对 又是这个 |
[13:19] | I told you she was gonna go after Rachel, and now she has. | 我跟你说过她会找上瑞秋的 现在她找上了 |
[13:22] | And I told you if you’re gonna go after someone, | 我也告诉过你如果你打算对付谁 |
[13:24] | you better knock them out. | 你最好直接把他踢出局 |
[13:25] | Then you better figure out a way to knock Gibbs out soon, | 那你最好找到一个把吉布斯踢出局的方法 |
[13:27] | because if you don’t, I will. | 因为如果你不做 我去做 |
[13:39] | Louis. | 路易 |
[13:42] | – What are you doing here? – What? | -你在这里干什么 -怎么了 |
[13:44] | You thought you could lie to my face and get away with it? | 你觉得你可以当着我的面撒谎然后就完了 |
[13:46] | – I never lied to you. – Really? | -我从来没有对你撒谎 -真的吗 |
[13:47] | Because you swore | 因为你发誓你不会 |
[13:48] | you wouldn’t come forward about that e-mail, | 站出来承认那封邮件 |
[13:49] | but you did. | 但是你食言了 |
[13:50] | And you you’re pulling this associate shit. | 现在你又给我这么几个新人提名 |
[13:52] | I didn’t come forward. They found me. | 我没有主动站出来 是他们找到我的 |
[13:53] | And I’m not pulling any associate shit. | 而且新人的事也不是我搞的 |
[13:55] | Then what do you call this pathetic excuse | 那你怎么解释这份 |
[13:56] | of a candidates list? | 悲催的候选人名单 |
[13:57] | I call it inevitable. | 我觉得这是自然而然的 |
[13:58] | Because our students can read. | 因为我们的学生识字 |
[14:00] | – The editorial. – Yes. | -那篇报道 -是的 |
[14:02] | The editorial. | 那篇报道 |
[14:05] | So you’re not sending us sludge. | 所以不是你把那些渣子给我们 |
[14:07] | Louis, I’m not doing anything. | 路易 我没有做什么 |
[14:09] | Your firm is being investigated | 你们律所正在被 |
[14:11] | by the U.S. Attorney’s office. | 联邦检察官办公室调查 |
[14:13] | And no one is going to risk their career on a place | 没有人会把自己的职业生涯搭进一个 |
[14:16] | that may not even exist in a month. | 不到一个月就要倒闭的地方 |
[14:18] | They might, if you convince them to. | 他们会的 如果你去说服他们 |
[14:21] | – Louis, I can’t do that. – Sheila, please. | -路易 我不能那么做 -希拉 求求你 |
[14:24] | I came here once before, hoping for a second chance | 我之前来过一次 恳求得到第二次机会 |
[14:26] | and you wouldn’t give it to me. | 你并没有给我 |
[14:27] | What does that have to do with this? | 那跟这事有什么关系 |
[14:28] | Because if we’d gotten back together then, | 因为如果当时我们在一起了 |
[14:30] | I wouldn’t even be at the firm now, but I am. | 我就不会在这家律所了 但我还在那里 |
[14:33] | And it’s all I have. | 那是我的所有了 |
[14:35] | I understand you not giving me a second chance then. | 我能理解你不给我第二次机会 |
[14:40] | But I’m begging you… | 但现在我再次恳求你 |
[14:44] | Give my firm one now. | 给我的律所一次机会 |
[14:46] | Louis, even if I wanted to, it won’t work. | 路易 就算我愿意帮你也没用 |
[14:50] | – You don’t know that. – Yes, I do. | -你怎么知道没用 -我就是知道 |
[14:52] | Because they’re going to ask me if I think it’s a good idea | 因为他们会问我去皮尔逊-斯佩克特-利特工作 |
[14:55] | For them to work at Pearson Specter Litt, and I don’t. | 是否明智 而我知道答案是否定的 |
[14:58] | – Sheila– – Louis. | -希拉 -路易 |
[15:01] | Please don’t ask me to lie to them. | 请不要让我对他们撒谎 |
[15:11] | What are you doing? | 你要干嘛 |
[15:12] | I’m just wondering if you’re gonna stay in here | 我想着你你是不是要在这里待一整天 |
[15:13] | going over stuff all day. | 一直看这些材料 |
[15:15] | What else would I be doing? Going to the ball game? | 那我还能干什么 去看球赛吗 |
[15:17] | I don’t know, Harvey, | 我不清楚啊 哈维 |
[15:18] | I thought maybe you’d be doing something to get Anita Gibbs | 我以为你会在想办法让安妮塔·吉布斯 |
[15:20] | to back off Rachel. | 放过瑞秋 |
[15:21] | Donna, she threatened to go to the bar. | 唐娜 她威胁说要去找律师协会 |
[15:23] | It’s a bullshit hypothetical that she couldn’t do | 那简直是胡扯 没有瑞秋的证词 |
[15:24] | until after Rachel testified. | 她是不能这么做的 |
[15:26] | Which is after the trial starts, | 瑞秋的证词得在庭审后才有 |
[15:28] | and that’s what I’m goddamn working on. | 这才是我现在正准备的事情 |
[15:29] | Harvey, all I’m saying is | 哈维 我只是想说 |
[15:31] | that when Mike gets worked up about something, | 迈克为事情着急的时候 |
[15:33] | he doesn’t tend to make the best decisions. | 不一定能做出最好的决定 |
[15:35] | Well, if he doesn’t work on the discovery, | 如果他不为调查证据做准备的话 |
[15:37] | he’s gonna go to jail, so… | 他就要去蹲监狱了 所以 |
[15:39] | – What do you want me to do? – I don’t know, Harvey. | -你让我怎么办 -我不知道 哈维 |
[15:41] | But you better at least go talk to Anita Gibbs, | 但你至少得去找安妮塔·吉布斯谈谈 |
[15:43] | because Mike gave you a warning loud and clear. | 因为迈克已经明确告诉过你了 |
[15:45] | If you don’t do something, he will. | 如果你不行动的话 他来 |
[15:58] | Jack, I don’t often come outside for my coffee, | 杰克 我一般不出来喝咖啡 |
[16:01] | but when I do is because I’m feeling the need | 但是我出来了就说明我觉得我有需要 |
[16:03] | for a little alone time. | 一个人静静 |
[16:04] | Well, I came out here because I knew you wouldn’t want | 我出来是因为我知道你不想让 |
[16:07] | anyone hearing what I have to say. | 任何人听到我接下来要说的话 |
[16:10] | Are you here to tell me you can get the job done? | 你是来告诉我你能搞定的吗 |
[16:12] | No, I’m here to tell you if you want me to get it done, | 不 我来是告诉你如果你想让我把事情搞定的话 |
[16:15] | you’re going to have to open your wallet. | 那就要破费了 |
[16:18] | I’m not paying you more money, | 我不会多付你钱 |
[16:19] | just to get you to poach a department. | 就为了让你挖个墙脚 |
[16:21] | I’m not talking about me. | 我说的不是我 |
[16:22] | I’m talking the Real Estate Division of Baker Hostetler. | 我说的是贝克·豪斯特勒律所的房地产部门 |
[16:26] | – How much do they want? – Double what they’re making. | -他们想要多少 -现在的两倍 |
[16:28] | Are you insane? | 你疯了吗 |
[16:29] | That’s what broke Dewey Ballantine. | 杜威·巴兰坦就是这么被拖垮的 |
[16:31] | You can’t have two classes of partners. | 你不能同时有两班合伙人 |
[16:33] | Then we can’t poach a department, | 那我们就不能挖部门了 |
[16:35] | because they’re the only ones even willing to come here, | 因为考虑到目前的状况 |
[16:37] | considering what’s going on. | 他们是唯一愿意来的 |
[16:42] | Then make the offer. | 那就开条件吧 |
[16:44] | And let me have my goddamn coffee in peace. | 让我安安静静地喝完我的咖啡 |
[16:55] | Ms. Scott, | 斯科特女士 |
[16:56] | there’s a Harvey Specter here to see you. | 有位哈维·斯佩克特先生找你 |
[16:57] | He says it’s urgent. | 他说有急事 |
[17:00] | Send him in. | 让他进来 |
[17:02] | I don’t believe it. | 难以置信 |
[17:04] | You have some balls pretending to be Harvey to get in here. | 为了进来说自己是哈维 你胆子还真不小啊 |
[17:07] | Well, you did call me “Baby Harvey” once. | 你是叫过我”小哈维”来着 |
[17:09] | I don’t give a shit what I called you. | 我才不管以前叫过你什么 |
[17:10] | – Get out! Now! – Scottie, Scottie, please. | -出去 马上 -斯科特 斯科特 求你 |
[17:12] | Listen, I knew you would never agree to see me, | 听着 我知道你肯定不会见我的 |
[17:14] | and I need to talk to you. | 但我得跟你谈谈 |
[17:15] | About what? | 谈什么 |
[17:17] | I need someone to bring an action | 我需要有人来对付 |
[17:18] | – against Anita Gibbs’ sister. – Are you insane? | -安妮塔·吉布斯的妹妹 -你疯了吗 |
[17:21] | Listen to me. She’s not just coming after me. | 听我说 她不光是冲着我来的 |
[17:23] | – She’s coming after my fiancée. – I don’t care. | -现在连我的未婚妻也不放过 -我不在乎 |
[17:26] | If I do that, I might as well call the woman up, | 如果我真帮了你 还不如给那女人打个电话 |
[17:27] | and tell her that I’m in on your whole bullshit too. | 直接告诉她你那一通狗屁里有我一份功劳 |
[17:30] | – We get someone from your firm– – Not to mention | -那就从你的律所里挑个人 -更不用说 |
[17:31] | I told Harvey that I never | 我跟哈维说了 |
[17:32] | even wanted to hear your name again. | 我连你的名字都不想再听到 |
[17:36] | He didn’t tell you about that, did he? | 他没告诉你 是吧 |
[17:39] | Well, I guess he hasn’t changed, | 那我猜他也没变 |
[17:41] | because he didn’t tell me about you | 因为他也没有告诉我你的事 |
[17:42] | until it was too late either. | 直到一切都为时已晚 |
[17:44] | So I am sorry about your fiancée, | 所以你未婚妻的事我很遗憾 |
[17:46] | but I need you to go now. | 但现在请你出去 |
[17:48] | Scottie, this woman is not gonna stop | 斯科特 这女人不得到她想要的东西 |
[17:50] | until she gets what she wants. | 是不会停的 |
[17:51] | And what she wants is Harvey. | 而她想要的 正是哈维 |
[17:54] | So I’m not asking you to do this for me and Rachel. | 所以我不是求你为了我和瑞秋 |
[17:56] | I’m asking you to do it for him. | 而是求你为了他 |
[18:10] | Is that an invitation to your bar mitzvah? | 你成人礼的请柬吗 |
[18:12] | Because I’m busy that day. | 我那天可没空 |
[18:13] | It’s a motion to have you sanctioned | 是一封因你不正当接触证人 |
[18:15] | for improperly contacting a witness. | 而对你申请制裁的动议 |
[18:16] | I didn’t improperly contact anyone. | 我可没有非正当联系任何人 |
[18:18] | Oh, bullshit. | 胡说 |
[18:19] | You got Rachel Zane alone so you could | 你和瑞秋·赞恩单独见面 |
[18:20] | offer her a deal to turn on me. | 就是为了劝她告发我 |
[18:22] | And there’s nothing wrong with that. | 可那并没有什么不对啊 |
[18:23] | You listen to me. | 你听我说 |
[18:24] | You’ve been pulling shit like this | 这件事一开始你就一直在 |
[18:26] | from the second this thing started. | 像这样搞小动作 |
[18:28] | You denied my client access to his attorney, | 先是不让我的客户见他的律师 |
[18:30] | you fabricated charges against Donna, | 然后又针对唐娜进行虚假指控 |
[18:31] | and now you’re tampering with a witness. | 现在又来干扰证人 |
[18:33] | And all witness tampering would do is hurt my own case, | 干扰证人对我的案子有百害而无一利 |
[18:36] | and why on god’s green earth would I do that? | 圣光普照 我究竟为什么要这么做 |
[18:39] | Why did you just say? | 你刚说什么 |
[18:40] | I said you’re insane if you think that– | 我说你真是疯了才会觉得 |
[18:42] | No, you said, “On god’s green earth,” | 不是 你刚说”圣光普照” |
[18:44] | which is exactly what that editorial said. | 跟那篇文章里用词一模一样 |
[18:46] | I remember because I thought, | 我记得是因为我当时还想 |
[18:47] | “What person under 80 uses that phrase?” | “哪个80岁以下的人用这种词啊” |
[18:50] | Well, looks like I found her. | 看来我找到她了 |
[18:52] | I don’t know what you’re talking about. | 我不知道你在说些什么 |
[18:53] | You sure as hell do, because you planted that goddamn thing. | 你当然知道 因为整件事都是你一手策划的 |
[18:56] | You have any proof? | 有证据吗 |
[18:57] | No, you don’t. | 你没有 |
[18:59] | But even if I did plant that, | 就算真的是我一手策划的 |
[19:01] | it would only have been | 那也肯定是因为 |
[19:02] | because there’s no way that one of you | 你们不可能不知道 |
[19:04] | did not know what was going on. | 到底发生了什么事 |
[19:05] | And until one of you admits that, | 除非你们中有人承认 |
[19:06] | I’m going to take apart your firm brick by brick. | 不然我就会一点一点整垮你们的律所 |
[19:08] | So you want to file that thing? You go ahead. | 你要是真想递交那动议 随你 |
[19:10] | It’s not going to stop me for one second. | 这根本就阻止不了我 |
[19:22] | Rachel, please. | 瑞秋 请 |
[19:23] | – Have a seat. – Thank you, Dean. | -请坐 -谢谢院长 |
[19:27] | I have to say I’ve so been looking forward | 我得说我真的很期待 |
[19:30] | to my first student review. | 我的第一次学生回访 |
[19:32] | And ever since your first interview here, | 自你的第一次面试起 |
[19:34] | you’ve done nothing but impress me. | 你就给我留下了很深的印象 |
[19:36] | Which is why I’m sorry to have to bring this up now. | 这也正是为什么提出这件事我非常遗憾 |
[19:39] | Bring what up? | 提出什么 |
[19:40] | The fact that your last LSAT score was significantly higher | 你这次的法学院入学考试分数比之前的 |
[19:43] | than your previous ones. | 要高出很多 |
[19:44] | That is because I studied | 那是因为我这次 |
[19:46] | incredibly hard the last time. | 学习得超级努力啊 |
[19:48] | Did you study hard? | 是你努力学习 |
[19:50] | Or did your fiancée study hard for you? | 还是你的未婚夫替你努力学习了 |
[19:53] | You think Mike took the LSAT for me? | 你觉得入学考试是迈克替我考的 |
[19:56] | I think he’s been indicted | 我觉得他还得被控 |
[19:57] | for more serious crimes than that. | 比这更严重的罪名 |
[19:59] | And now there are allegations | 况且还有指控说 |
[19:59] | that he’s taken the LSATs for people. | 他有过替考法学院入学考试的前科 |
[20:01] | I can’t believe this. I took that test myself. | 真是难以置信 那考试是我自己考的 |
[20:04] | And I have a responsibility to protect | 但我有责任保护 |
[20:07] | the reputation of this university. | 这所大学的声誉 |
[20:09] | And how exactly are you proposing | 那你要怎么做 |
[20:10] | to protect that reputation? | 来保护这所谓的声誉 |
[20:12] | By expelling any dangers to it. | 开除任何危及本校名誉的人 |
[20:16] | Unless, of course, for some reason | 当然了 除非 由于某些原因 |
[20:18] | these allegations against him are dropped. | 这些针对他的指控被撤销了 |
[20:21] | Anita Gibbs called you, didn’t she? | 安妮塔·吉布斯找你了 是不是 |
[20:24] | I have no idea what you’re talking about. | 我不知道你在说什么 |
[20:25] | I’m simply giving you the courtesy of letting you know | 我不过是出于礼貌告诉你 |
[20:27] | that if I have to choose between your future and this university’s, | 假如我得在你的前程和本校的未来间做出选择 |
[20:33] | I’m not choosing you. | 我不会选你 |
[20:34] | Well, then, please, tell Ms. Gibbs | 那么拜托 告诉吉布斯女士 |
[20:37] | thank you for the courtesy. | 谢谢她的礼貌之举 |
[20:48] | Scottie, what are you doing here? | 斯科特 你在这里干什么 |
[20:49] | I can’t believe you sent him to me. | 我简直不敢相信你派他来找我 |
[20:51] | – Sent who? – Oh, don’t give me that. | -派谁 -别和我玩那套 |
[20:53] | The last time you came to me, | 上次你来找我 |
[20:54] | you said it was because Mike made you. | 你说是因为迈克让你来的 |
[20:55] | Well, this time, you made him. | 这一次 就是你让他来的 |
[20:57] | I didn’t made him do anything. | 我没让他干任何事 |
[20:58] | Well, then, you taught him well, because he came to me | 那么你把他教得不错 因为他来找我 |
[21:00] | and pulled on my heart strings | 和我玩攻心战 |
[21:01] | to get me to do something for you, | 以便让我帮你做事 |
[21:02] | but this time the answer is no. | 但这一次 我拒绝 |
[21:04] | I am not going after Anita Gibbs. | 我不会去对付安妮塔·吉布斯的 |
[21:06] | Scottie, I would never ask you to do something like that. | 斯科特 我绝不对让你去做这种事的 |
[21:08] | That’s funny, because you asked me to throw a case | 那就有趣了 因为你曾让我放弃一个案子 |
[21:10] | to keep Mike from getting caught. | 以保护迈克不被抓 |
[21:12] | Throwing a case doesn’t put a target on your back. | 放弃一个案子是不会让你成为靶子的 |
[21:14] | If you really wanted to keep a target off my back, | 假如你真的不想让我成为靶子 |
[21:16] | you never would’ve told me about Mike in the first place. | 你一开始就不会告诉我迈克的事 |
[21:18] | Scottie, I didn’t tell him to do that. | 斯科特 我没让他那么做 |
[21:21] | Well, then, I guess you two are having the same problem we did. | 那我猜你俩之间的问题和我们当初的一样 |
[21:23] | You don’t talk to each other. | 你们互相不沟通 |
[21:26] | Since you chose him over me it’s not my problem anymore. | 但既然你弃我选他 那这事就和我无关了 |
[21:29] | I didn’t chose him over you. | 我没有弃你选他 |
[21:30] | Yes, you did. | 不 你有 |
[21:32] | And whether you choose to admit it or not, | 而且无论你承不承认 |
[21:33] | it was Mike’s secret that broke us up in the first place. | 当初就是迈克的秘密害我们分手的 |
[21:49] | You let her in here without telling me? | 你没和我说一声就让她进来了 |
[21:50] | I was in the conference room, going over discovery. | 我当时在会议室 翻看调查证据 |
[21:52] | What are you going to do? | 你打算做什么 |
[21:53] | I don’t know what I’m gonna do, but whatever it is, | 我不知道我要做什么 但无论做什么 |
[21:54] | I’m gonna do it right now. | 我都打算立刻动手 |
[21:55] | Harvey, calm down. | 哈维 冷静点 |
[21:56] | I’m not gonna calm down, | 我才不打算冷静呢 |
[21:57] | you told me to go after Gibbs | 你让我去对付吉布斯 |
[21:59] | to stop Mike from doing something stupid, and I did, | 以防止迈克做出什么傻事 我去了 |
[22:01] | and all that did was waste our time like I said it would. | 但一切就像我说的 都是浪费时间 |
[22:03] | Harvey. Gibbs is attacking Rachel, | 哈维 吉布斯在攻击瑞秋 |
[22:05] | the woman he loves. | 他爱的女人 |
[22:07] | You of all people should be able to understand that. | 所有人中你最应该能理解那一点 |
[22:09] | I don’t give a shit. | 我才不管 |
[22:10] | He had no right to go after someone I love. | 他无权去找我爱的人的麻烦 |
[22:13] | Okay, you know what, Harvey? | 好吧 你知道吗 哈维 |
[22:15] | Mike is the one on trial here, not Scottie. | 要受审的是迈克 不是斯科特 |
[22:18] | And all he did was ask her to do something. | 而他所做的不过是求她办些事 |
[22:19] | So maybe the thing that you’re really upset about | 所以也许你真正生气的是 |
[22:21] | is that she was right. | 她说得没错 |
[22:29] | Well, how did it go? | 怎么样了 |
[22:32] | We’ve known each other a long time, Jack, | 我们认识很久了 杰克 |
[22:34] | and I’d really like to help, | 我也真的很想帮忙 |
[22:35] | but it’s not gonna happen. | 但我帮不了 |
[22:38] | You said if I could get them double– | 你说过假如我能让他们出的钱翻倍… |
[22:40] | I said it would take at least double just to get me to ask. | 我说的是至少得翻倍我才好开口去问 |
[22:43] | I did, and they laughed me out of the room. | 我问了 然后他们笑得让我待不下去 |
[22:45] | What if I could get you more? | 假如我能搞来更多钱呢 |
[22:46] | There’s no number that’s going to get them | 无论花多少钱都无法让他们 |
[22:47] | to come to Pearson Specter | 投向皮尔逊-斯佩克特 |
[22:48] | because they don’t believe there’s gonna be a firm to come to. | 因为他们不相信这家律所能存活下去 |
[22:50] | Then why did you ask to meet me here? | 那你为何还要约我来这里见面 |
[22:53] | Because after I asked them about your offer, | 因为在我向他们提过你的提议之后 |
[22:55] | I asked them about mine. | 我还问了他们我的提议 |
[22:58] | What are you talking about? | 什么意思 |
[22:59] | I told them a former fraternity brother of mine, | 我告诉他们我有一个前兄弟会兄弟 |
[23:01] | who happens to be a kick-ass lawyer might be looking for a change. | 他恰好是一名也许想另寻良机的厉害律师 |
[23:05] | You’re offering me a job? | 你在给我提供一份工作吗 |
[23:07] | Jack, Pearson Specter’s a sinking ship. | 杰克 皮尔逊-斯佩克特日是艘下沉的船 |
[23:09] | We’ve taken on some water. | 我们是进了些水 |
[23:10] | You’ve taken on an ocean. | 你们那是进了一海洋的水 |
[23:13] | Why the hell would you wanna stay there? | 你到底是为什么想留在那里 |
[23:15] | I’ll tell you why. | 我会告诉你为什么的 |
[23:16] | Because if that ship sinks, | 因为假如那艘船沉了 |
[23:17] | I’ll find myself another job. | 我会再找到一份工作 |
[23:19] | But if it doesn’t, | 但假如它没沉 |
[23:20] | I have the chance to be one of the captains. | 我就有机会成为船长之一了 |
[23:22] | If I come to you now, | 假如我现在就投奔你 |
[23:23] | I’ll never be more than a lifer. | 我一辈子就只能干这个了 |
[23:25] | As my friend, tell me I’m wrong. | 作为我的朋友 告诉我我错了 |
[23:30] | You’re not wrong. | 你没错 |
[23:47] | Don’t tell me they printed out a special evening edition on us too. | 别告诉我他们为我们也特别印了一份晚报 |
[23:51] | Not yet. | 还没 |
[23:53] | I read it, | 我读了 |
[23:54] | by the way, | 顺带一提 |
[23:56] | on the flight up to Boston. | 在飞去波士顿的路上 |
[24:00] | And did it fire you up? | 你有被那篇文章气到吗 |
[24:05] | Pissed me the hell off. | 快给气死了 |
[24:11] | You couldn’t get it done with Sheila, could you? | 你没搞定希拉 是不是 |
[24:14] | Jessica, she didn’t send us the candidates on that list. | 杰西卡 那张单子上的候选人不是她选的 |
[24:18] | They were the only three that even asked to be submitted, | 而是只有他们三个提交了申请 |
[24:21] | and it was because of bullshit like that. | 就因为那张报纸上的屁话 |
[24:29] | – People are scared to come here. – They are. | -大家都不敢来这里了 -的确 |
[24:31] | I tried to get Sheila to make them unafraid, but I couldn’t. | 我试图说服希拉安抚他们 但我失败了 |
[24:35] | That’s all right. | 没关系 |
[24:38] | It’s all right, Louis. It’s not your fault. | 没关系的 路易 这不是你的错 |
[24:42] | Once word got out about Mike | 一旦迈克的事泄露出去 |
[24:44] | this was bound to happen. | 这种事注定会发生 |
[24:46] | What I learned from hiring Mike | 从雇用迈克这件事上我学到了一点 |
[24:48] | was that not all great lawyers went to Harvard. | 那就是并非所有的好律师都上过哈佛 |
[24:54] | What are you saying? | 你的意思是 |
[24:56] | I contacted Stanford, Yale, | 我联系了斯坦福 耶鲁 |
[24:59] | Columbia, Penn, and all the rest… | 哥伦比亚 宾大 以及其他所有… |
[25:02] | top 20 law schools. | 前20的法学院 |
[25:06] | I officially opened up the doors to Pearson Specter Litt. | 我正式打开了皮尔逊-斯佩克特-利特的大门 |
[25:08] | I know how much you hated to do that, Louis, | 我知道你有多不情愿这么做 路易 |
[25:11] | but sometimes we need to do what we have to… | 但有时我们不得不去做一些事… |
[25:15] | to survive. | 为了生存 |
[25:17] | – Is there anything else I can do? – No, there isn’t. | -我还能做些别的什么吗 -没有了 |
[25:22] | Right now, we just need to get through this trial, | 现如今 我们只需要挺过这场庭审 |
[25:26] | and pray to god that Harvey gets | 并向上帝祈祷哈维能帮 |
[25:29] | Mike goddamn Ross off the hook. | 迈克·熊孩子·罗斯脱罪 |
[25:51] | You’re doing dishes. | 你在洗碟子 |
[25:54] | So? | 所以呢 |
[25:55] | So you hate doing dishes, | 你讨厌洗碟子 |
[25:56] | which means something’s wrong. | 这意味着出问题了 |
[25:57] | Nothing’s wrong. | 没什么问题 |
[26:05] | What’s going on? | 发生什么事了 |
[26:10] | I don’t even know if I should say it, | 我都不知道自己该不该说 |
[26:10] | because the last time I did you got so mad. | 因为上次我说了之后你暴跳如雷 |
[26:12] | You thought I was gonna leave you. | 你以为我要离开你 |
[26:14] | And you say you want me to share things with you, | 你说你想让我向你倾诉 |
[26:15] | but I don’t know if you do, | 但我不确定你是不是真心的 |
[26:17] | because when I do | 因为当我倾诉了 |
[26:18] | you seem to get so upset that I– | 你就也变得特别沮丧 让我… |
[26:20] | I get it. You want to talk about making a deal. | 我懂了 你想说做交易的事 |
[26:24] | I don’t know what I wanna do. | 我不知道我要做什么 |
[26:28] | I just– | 我只是… |
[26:31] | She said that she could get you into Columbia, | 她说她能把你弄进哥伦比亚大学 |
[26:34] | and you’re right. | 而你说得很对 |
[26:34] | It got into my head. | 这话说到我心里了 |
[26:36] | Rachel, we’ve been over this. | 瑞秋 之前她就这么说了 |
[26:37] | She was lying. | 那是在撒谎 |
[26:39] | That was before I knew she was able to get to the dean. | 那是在我知道她能指使院长之前 |
[26:42] | What are you talking about? | 你说什么 |
[26:43] | I had my meeting with him today, | 今天我和院长见面了 |
[26:45] | And I thought he was going to tell me | 我原本以为他要和我说 |
[26:46] | how well I’ve been doing, and instead… | 我做得有多好 可结果… |
[26:49] | He threatened to expel me. | 他威胁说要开除我 |
[26:54] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[26:56] | Okay, that–that doesn’t mean that it was Gibbs. | 好吧 但这并不意味着这是吉布斯干的 |
[26:58] | – You weren’t there. – No, I wasn’t there, all right? | -你不在那里 -我是不在那里 好吧 |
[27:00] | But it’s not crazy to assume that they would question | 但没跟吉布斯沟通过得情况下 |
[27:03] | whether or not you knew about me without talking to Gibbs. | 就来问你是否认识我也是合理的事 |
[27:06] | Is it crazy for them to mention a crime | 那没跟吉布斯沟通过得情况下 |
[27:08] | you haven’t even been accused of without talking to Gibbs? | 他们提到一项你没被指控的罪名算不算合理 |
[27:11] | – What? – They said there are rumors | -什么 -他们说有流言称 |
[27:12] | of you taking the LSATs for people | 你替别人考法学院入学考试 |
[27:14] | And they’re accusing you of doing that for me. | 他们说是你替我考试 |
[27:20] | Well…At least now I know what I need to do. | 起码现在我知道该怎么做了 |
[27:30] | Harvey. | 哈维 |
[27:31] | I know how we can stop Gibbs from pressuring Rachel. | 我知道该怎么阻止吉布斯向瑞秋施压了 |
[27:33] | Does it involve going to Scottie without telling me? | 包括不跟我说一声就跑到斯科特那里吗 |
[27:36] | – Harvey. – Goddamn it, you had no right. | -哈维 -该死 你无权这么做 |
[27:37] | I had every right, | 我当然有这个权力 |
[27:38] | because I knew Gibss would keep crossing lines, | 因为我知道吉布斯会不断越界 |
[27:40] | and that’s exactly what she did. | 而她之前就是这么做的 |
[27:42] | What are you talking about? | 你在说什么 |
[27:42] | She manipulated the dean of Columbia | 她让哥伦比亚大学的院长 |
[27:44] | into threatening to expel Rachel. | 威胁瑞秋说要开除她 |
[27:45] | Where’s your proof? | 证据呢 |
[27:46] | They accused her of having me take the LSATs for her, | 他们跟她说是我替她考的法学院入学考试 |
[27:49] | and the only problem is, there’s no record of me | 唯一的问题在于 没有任何记录 |
[27:51] | ever having being accused of that. | 显示我被控那么做过 |
[27:52] | The guy you saw in court. | 是你在法庭上见到的那个人 |
[27:53] | Yes, his name is David Green. | 没错 他叫大卫·格林 |
[27:55] | He must’ve told Gibbs about me, | 他肯定和吉布斯说过这事 |
[27:56] | and then she used that | 于是她利用这点 |
[27:57] | to get the dean to strong-arm Rachel. | 来让院长威胁瑞秋 |
[27:59] | That’s abuse of power. | 这是在滥用权力 |
[28:00] | I told you, the only problem with that theory is, | 我跟你说过 这个说法唯一的问题在于 |
[28:03] | David Green tells Gibbs about you, | 只要大卫·格林跟吉布斯说起这事 |
[28:04] | and his career is done. | 他的事业就完了 |
[28:05] | Then he must’ve told her anonymously. | 那他肯定是向她匿名举报的 |
[28:07] | Which doesn’t help us, ’cause we still don’t have | 那也帮不了我们 因为我们还是没有 |
[28:08] | any proof that she contacted the dean. | 她联系过院长的证据 |
[28:10] | No, we don’t, but it wouldn’t be that hard for me to get. | 是没有 但我要找出证据并不难 |
[28:13] | No, it could be a setup. It’s too risky. | 不行 这可能是陷阱 风险太大了 |
[28:15] | This whole goddamn thing is too risky, | 这整件事的风险都很大 |
[28:17] | but right now Rachel’s future is in jeopardy, | 可现在瑞秋的前途危在旦夕 |
[28:19] | And if I have to risk tacking on a few years to save her, | 为了她就算多判我几年 |
[28:22] | is not even a close call. | 都算不了什么 |
[28:26] | All right. Do what you have to do. | 好吧 尽管去做吧 |
[28:28] | Just don’t get caught. | 别被抓就行 |
[28:36] | You’re knocking. | 你敲门了 |
[28:37] | That means it’s either bad news or you want something. | 这说明如果不是有坏消息就是你别有所求 |
[28:40] | – I couldn’t get the department. – Don’t tell me. | -我搞不定那个部门 -我猜猜 |
[28:42] | They said we’re in no position to poach anybody. | 他们说我们已经没有能挖人的地位了 |
[28:45] | That’s exactly what they said, | 在给我一份工作之前 |
[28:46] | right before they offered me a job. | 他们就是这么说的 |
[28:49] | So you’re here to tell me you took it. | 所以你是来跟我说你接受了吗 |
[28:52] | I’m here to ask you if you want me to take it. | 我是来问你想要我接受吗 |
[28:54] | What the hell difference does it make what I want? | 我想不想能有什么区别 |
[28:56] | Jessica, when I left Boston, people said I was a traitor | 杰西卡 当我离开波士顿时 别人说我是叛徒 |
[28:59] | and that I thought I was too good for my own hometown. | 说我觉得我的才华在家乡得不到施展 |
[29:03] | Well, it wasn’t true. | 事实并非如此 |
[29:05] | But I knew the real test for me | 而我明白真正的考验 |
[29:06] | wasn’t making it in my own hometown. | 并不是在家乡大展身手 |
[29:08] | It was making it in the toughest city | 而是在这座环境最艰险的城市 |
[29:09] | in the world, and as far as I’m concerned, | 开创事业 就我所知 |
[29:11] | I haven’t done that yet. | 我还没做到 |
[29:16] | You want to be made name partner. | 你想成为冠名合伙人 |
[29:18] | I wanna know if it’ll ever even be on the table. | 我想知道你愿不愿意考虑 |
[29:21] | I could say yes to that right now, | 现在我就能给你肯定的答案 |
[29:24] | but how would you know you could trust me? | 可你怎么知道你能相信我 |
[29:28] | I have no other choice. | 我别无选择 |
[29:31] | And how do I know I can trust you? | 我又怎么知道自己能相信你 |
[29:37] | – What’s this? – You know what it is. | -这是什么 -你知道是什么 |
[29:44] | It’s what Daniel Hardman has on you. | 这是丹尼尔·哈德曼手里关于你的把柄 |
[29:48] | Now you have it too. | 现在你也有了 |
[29:59] | David Green. | 大卫·格林 |
[30:02] | What are you doing here? | 你在这干什么 |
[30:03] | So you do remember me. | 看来你确实记得我 |
[30:05] | Of course I do. | 当然记得 |
[30:06] | You’re the guy we’re prosecuting. | 你是我们正在起诉的人 |
[30:08] | The fake lawyer. | 那个冒牌律师 |
[30:09] | Oh, I’m more than that and you know it. | 我的能耐可不止如此 你懂的 |
[30:11] | What are you talking about? | 什么意思 |
[30:12] | You hired me because I’m smart. | 你当年雇我是因为我够聪明 |
[30:14] | What you don’t know is that I have a photographic memory, | 可你不知道的是我有过目不忘的能力 |
[30:16] | which means I have your drivers license number | 这意味着我七年前就记住了 |
[30:19] | from seven years ago memorized. | 你的驾驶证号 |
[30:21] | Not that it matters, because I also made a copy. | 这也算不上什么 因为我有复印件了 |
[30:23] | Like I made a copy of all my clients’ licenses. | 我把所有客户的驾照都复印下来了 |
[30:26] | That doesn’t prove anything. | 那也证明不了什么 |
[30:27] | Maybe not, but I also remember every answer I put down | 或许吧 可我同样记得那104个问题 |
[30:30] | on a 104 question test. | 我是如何作答的 |
[30:32] | If that’s not proof, I don’t know what is. | 如果那都不算证据 世上就没证据了 |
[30:34] | What do you want? | 你想怎样 |
[30:34] | I want proof that Anita Gibbs’ pressuring the dean of Columbia | 我想要是安妮塔·吉布斯让哥伦比亚大学的院长 |
[30:37] | to expel Rachel Zane. | 开除瑞秋·赞恩的证据 |
[30:39] | – I can’t do that. – Yes, you can. | -我没法这么做 -你可以的 |
[30:43] | Okay, they went to law school together. | 好吧 他们在法学院是同学 |
[30:45] | There’s your connection. | 这就是他们的联系 |
[30:47] | Circumstantial public record not good enough. | 公共记录这种旁证可没什么用 |
[30:51] | I do what you’re asking and get caught, | 如果被人抓到我帮了你 |
[30:52] | and my career at the U.S. Attorney’s office is over. | 那我就没法呆在联邦检察官办公室 |
[30:54] | I give what I have to the D.A., | 如果我向地方检察官检举此事 |
[30:55] | and your career as a lawyer is over. | 你就连做律师的资格都没了 |
[30:57] | If you do that, you only implicate yourself. | 这样做只会连累你自己 |
[30:58] | Yeah, maybe you didn’t notice, asshole, | 是啊 可能你还没注意到 混账 |
[30:59] | but I’m already on trial, and now you’re coming | 我已经被审了 如今你们却找 |
[31:01] | after the woman I love. | 我爱的女人的麻烦 |
[31:03] | And the truth is you don’t deserve to practice law. | 事实就是你不配做律师 |
[31:05] | Maybe I don’t either, but she does. | 我或许也不配 但她配 |
[31:07] | And, believe me, when it comes to this, | 相信我 当事关这件事时 |
[31:08] | I really don’t give a shit about me or you. | 我才不管你我死活 |
[31:13] | And what if I can’t find what you’re looking for? | 如果我找不到你想要的东西怎么办 |
[31:15] | You know what, David? | 这么说吧 大卫 |
[31:15] | You might not have been smart enough to get 178 on the LSATs, | 你或许还没聪明到能在法学院入学考试拿178分 |
[31:20] | but I’m pretty damn sure you’re smart enough to do that. | 但我很确定你不会蠢到那事都干不了 |
[31:32] | – What’s this? – That’s what you’re gonna sign. | -这是什么 -你要签的东西 |
[31:38] | This says you’re dropping a charge | 上面写了你们要撤销一项 |
[31:39] | of malicious prosecution in exchange for | 对我诬告的诉讼 以交换 |
[31:41] | me admitting a sanctionable offense. | 我承认进行了不当侵权 |
[31:43] | And for backing the hell off going after Rachel Zane. | 并且放弃传唤瑞秋·赞恩 |
[31:45] | – Is this a joke? – No. | -这是开玩笑吗 -不 |
[31:46] | And neither is getting the Dean of Columbia Law | 让哥伦比亚法学院院长来给你做脏事 |
[31:48] | to do your dirty work. | 也不是开玩笑的 |
[31:50] | I don’t know what you’re talking about. | 我不知道你们在说什么 |
[31:51] | You know exactly what we’re talking about. | 你很清楚 |
[31:52] | And unless you want us to tell the world | 除非你想让我们告诉全世界 |
[31:53] | that you intimidated a witness | 你勾结法学院老朋友 |
[31:55] | by colluding with your old law school buddy, | 恐吓证人 |
[31:57] | you’re going to sign that. | 你就得签了那个 |
[31:58] | You don’t have a shred of proof | 你们没有任何证据 |
[31:59] | that I had anyone do anything. | 证明我让任何人做了任何事 |
[32:01] | I have a copy of an anonymous tip sent to you, | 我有一份给你的匿名举报的副本 |
[32:03] | saying I took the LSAT for people, | 说我代人考法学院入学考试 |
[32:04] | and a record of a phone call from your office | 还有一段十分钟后从你办公室打给 |
[32:06] | to the Dean of Columbia ten minutes later. | 哥大院长的电话的录音 |
[32:09] | That’s no proof of anything. | 那什么也不能证明 |
[32:10] | It’s proof enough for us to sue Dean Herrick | 那证据足够我们 |
[32:12] | for every penny he’s ever made. | 把赫里克院长告到陪尽所有财产了 |
[32:13] | You think when we get him in a deposition | 你觉得等我们把他送上证人席 |
[32:14] | he isn’t gonna crack? | 他不会开口吗 |
[32:25] | You think you’re pretty smart, don’t you? | 你们觉得你们很聪明是吗 |
[32:26] | Smart enough to outwit a U.S. Attorney. | 够赢个联邦检察官了 |
[32:27] | And if we can do it here, what makes you think | 如果我们在这儿能赢你 你凭什么觉得 |
[32:29] | we won’t be able to do it in court? | 我们没法在法庭上赢呢 |
[32:30] | Because court is not about bullshit like this. | 因为法庭跟这些废话无关 |
[32:32] | It’s about facts. | 那里要讲事实 |
[32:33] | And the fact is, you’re not a goddamn lawyer. | 事实是 你不是律师 |
[32:55] | You have it done. | 你把事情解决了 |
[32:56] | – How’d you know? – Because you’re doing | -你怎么知道的 -因为你 |
[32:57] | that puffy chest thing you do | 把胸挺得很高 |
[32:58] | when you feel really good about yourself. | 你每次自我感觉特别良好时都那样 |
[33:00] | I do not do a puffy chest thing. | 我不挺胸的 |
[33:01] | Yes, you do. And relax, | 你会的 别紧张 |
[33:03] | because I love you and your chest. | 因为我爱你 也爱你的胸 |
[33:05] | Well, I love you and your chest. | 我也爱你 和你的胸 |
[33:07] | Oh, that came out wrong. | 那句错了 |
[33:09] | Seriously, I meant your mind. | 真的 我是想说你的头脑 |
[33:12] | Your brilliant legal mind. | 你聪慧的法律头脑 |
[33:14] | Well, if it wasn’t for you and your brilliant legal mind, | 如果不是你和你聪慧的法律头脑 |
[33:18] | I might not be in law school right now. | 我现在也不会在法学院里 |
[33:28] | No, I-I understand that a lot of them already– | 不 我理解他们很多人都已经申请… |
[33:33] | Okay, well, if anyone wants to– | 好 如果有人想要 |
[33:35] | No, I see. I see. | 不 我明白 我明白 |
[33:39] | Maybe next year. | 也许明年吧 |
[33:42] | Bye. | 再见 |
[33:47] | Louis. | 路易 |
[33:48] | I need to talk to you for a second. | 我得跟你聊一聊 |
[33:50] | What now? | 又是什么事 |
[33:51] | Jack Soloff wants to know | 杰克·索罗夫想知道 |
[33:52] | if we’ll someday consider making him name partner. | 我们会不会有天考虑让他做命名合伙人 |
[33:55] | Why the hell would we do that? | 我们为什么要那么做 |
[33:57] | Because I sent him to poach a department | 因为我让他去挖墙脚 |
[34:00] | and instead they offered him a job. | 结果对方给了他份工作邀请 |
[34:02] | I get it. | 我明白了 |
[34:03] | Nobody wants to come here, so your answer | 没人想来 所以你的办法就是 |
[34:04] | is to give our in-house enemy | 给我们屋檐下的敌人 |
[34:06] | the promotion he’s always wanted. | 他梦寐以求的升职 |
[34:08] | Louis, you’re the one who wanted me to do it before. | 路易 以前是你最想让我这么做 |
[34:10] | And you talked me out of it. | 但你劝住了我 |
[34:12] | Because you were right. | 因为你是对的 |
[34:13] | Just like you used to be right about everything. | 就像你以前总是对的 |
[34:15] | But now it seems like you’re wrong about everything. | 可现在你好像总是做错事 |
[34:17] | What the hell is that supposed to mean? | 你这话什么意思 |
[34:18] | I just heard back from the last of those 20 schools. | 我刚接到那20所学校里最后一所的消息 |
[34:20] | And it turns out they have a lot more in common | 结果是他们跟哈佛的意见一致性 |
[34:22] | with Harvard that we thought, because none of them | 比我们想得要强多了 因为他们 |
[34:24] | wants to do anything to do with us | 都不想跟我们扯上关系 |
[34:25] | because our leadership sucks. | 因为我们的领导糟透了 |
[34:28] | You watch yourself, Louis. | 小心你的语气 路易 |
[34:30] | I don’t need to watch myself. | 我不用小心 |
[34:31] | I need to light a fire under your ass. | 我需要在你屁股底下点把火 |
[34:34] | because our future is slipping away, | 因为我们的未来要溜走了 |
[34:35] | and offering Jack name partner | 而给杰克命名合伙人地位 |
[34:37] | or praying to god that Harvey | 或是跟上帝祈祷哈维 |
[34:39] | just gets Mike off the hook | 能把迈克的案子摆平 |
[34:41] | isn’t going to stop it from happening. | 都没法阻止这事发生 |
[34:43] | Okay, Louis. | 好 路易 |
[34:45] | You want to do something more than pray, | 你想做点祈祷之外的事 |
[34:48] | Harvey gets Mike acquitted, | 哈维在想办法给迈克脱罪 |
[34:52] | then you get your ass back up to Harvard | 你现在就滚去哈佛 |
[34:55] | and you make sure Sheila doesn’t show up to that trial. | 确保希拉不会出现在庭审上 |
[35:10] | Hi, Donna. | 唐娜 |
[35:13] | Is there, um… | 有… |
[35:14] | Is there something I can help you with? | 有什么我能帮忙的吗 |
[35:16] | I just wanted to say that I’m sorry | 我只是想说我很遗憾 |
[35:18] | about what happened with the dean. | 为院长那件事 |
[35:19] | And I’m glad that Mike took care of it. | 我很高兴迈克解决掉它了 |
[35:24] | Thank you. | 谢谢你 |
[35:30] | I’m sorry that… | 我很抱歉… |
[35:33] | that I didn’t come to you with this whole thing, | 我在整个过程中都没来看你 |
[35:35] | But I-I… | 但我… |
[35:36] | They were pressuring you to turn on Harvey | 他们在给你施压 要你背叛哈维 |
[35:38] | and based on our last conversation, | 而以我们上次对话情况看 |
[35:39] | you didn’t think I was the right person to talk to about that. | 你不认为我是讨论那事的合适人选 |
[35:42] | As usual, you’re right. | 一如既往地 你是对的 |
[35:44] | Rachel, I got upset because I didn’t want to think | 瑞秋 我生气是因为我不愿去想 |
[35:48] | about what I do if I have to choose | 我必须在哈维和我爸爸间做选择时 |
[35:49] | between my dad and Harvey. | 会怎么做 |
[35:51] | Because this whole situation sucks. | 因为这整个情况都糟透了 |
[35:53] | And we may have to make hard choices, | 我们可能得做很艰难的选择 |
[35:56] | and I want you to know that no matter what you do, | 而我想告诉你无论你做什么 |
[35:59] | you’re my friend. | 你是我的朋友 |
[36:01] | And I will always love you. | 我会永远爱你 |
[36:05] | I will always love you too. | 我也会永远爱你 |
[36:14] | Thank you for coming. | 谢谢你能来 |
[36:15] | I only came here because I don’t want you | 我来只是因为我不希望你 |
[36:17] | or Mike Ross or anyone else from this firm | 或迈克·罗斯或者这律所的任何人 |
[36:19] | showing up at my firm ever again. | 再出现在我的律所 |
[36:22] | So what can I do for you? | 所以要我帮你做什么 |
[36:25] | I was thinking about what you said | 我在想你说的 |
[36:26] | about me not admitting things to myself | 我不会跟自己承认真相的话 |
[36:28] | and I wanted to talk to you about it. | 而我想聊聊 |
[36:30] | Why? | 为什么 |
[36:30] | I wanted you to know the truth. | 我想让你知道真相 |
[36:31] | And what exactly is the truth? | 真相又是什么 |
[36:33] | Our relationship didn’t end because of Mike. | 我们分手不是因为迈克 |
[36:36] | It ended because I wasn’t ready to confront | 而是因为我没有准备好 |
[36:38] | what was wrong with me, | 面对自己的问题 |
[36:40] | and I don’t know if I’ll ever be ready, but… | 我不知道我是否能准备好 但… |
[36:42] | I’ve been seeing someone, and I wanted to tell you about it. | 我在见心理医生 我希望告诉你这事 |
[36:45] | And why does it matter that I know that? | 我知不知道有什么价值呢 |
[36:48] | Because if I ever get out of this in one piece, | 因为如果我能安然渡过这件事 |
[36:51] | I want to know if is okay to call you again. | 我想知道能不能再联系你 |
[36:55] | Harvey, it’s always okay to call me. | 哈维 你永远都可以联系我 |
[36:58] | I’ve actually been going to therapy myself, | 我自己其实也在见心理医生 |
[37:01] | and I don’t know where I’ll be | 我也不知道整件事结束后 |
[37:04] | when this whole thing is over. | 我会走到哪一步 |
[37:08] | But I do hope that you get out of this thing in one piece. | 但我非常希望你能安然渡过 |
[37:27] | Excuse me. | 打扰下 |
[37:29] | Hi, excuse me. I, uh– | 抱歉 我… |
[37:31] | I’m not sure if you know who I am– | 我不确定您是不是认识我 |
[37:32] | I worked here for two months, Rachel. | 我在这里工作过两个月 瑞秋 |
[37:34] | I know who you are. | 我知道你是谁 |
[37:36] | I just–I wanted to say that I know | 我只是 想说我知道 |
[37:38] | that you got caught in the crossfire. | 你被扯进了这场较量 |
[37:41] | And I know how that feels. | 我知道那种感觉 |
[37:43] | And I just wanted to say I’m sorry. | 我想说我很抱歉 |
[37:46] | – Thank you. – You’re welcome. | -谢谢你 -没关系 |
[37:52] | Rachel. | 瑞秋 |
[37:55] | Have you thought about what may happen when this is all over? | 你有想过这一切结束后会怎么样吗 |
[38:01] | You mean if Mike goes to jail. | 你是说如果迈克进了监狱 |
[38:06] | I mean even if he doesn’t. | 我是说就算他没进 |
[38:08] | What are you talking about? | 什么意思 |
[38:09] | Even if he is acquitted, there is an excellent chance | 就算他被判无罪 也有很大可能 |
[38:11] | he will be thrown out of the bar | 被撤销执照 |
[38:12] | and never be able to practice law again. | 永远无法执业 |
[38:14] | It wouldn’t matter, because Mike is prepared | 那不重要 因为迈克已经准备好 |
[38:15] | to never practice law again anyway. | 永远不再执业了 |
[38:17] | And sometimes people think they’re prepared | 有时人觉得自己准备好了 |
[38:19] | and they’re not. | 但其实他们没有 |
[38:22] | I don’t understand. | 我不懂 |
[38:23] | Rachel, Mike is going to have to watch you do | 瑞秋 迈克得看着你去做 |
[38:25] | what he dreams of doing, | 他梦想的工作 |
[38:27] | and if he’s anything like Harvey, | 如果他跟哈维有一点相像的话 |
[38:29] | he probably thinks he can do it better than you. | 他可能会觉得他能比你做得好 |
[38:31] | And there is a possibility | 那就有可能 |
[38:33] | that he might resent you for it. | 他会为此怨恨你 |
[38:35] | I appreciate the advise. | 我感谢你的建议 |
[38:39] | But Mike is not like that. | 但迈克不是那样的人 |
[38:43] | Then I’m sorry I overstepped my bounds. | 那我很抱歉我说话过界了 |
[38:53] | Louis. | 路易 |
[38:55] | What are you doing here? | 你在这里干嘛 |
[38:58] | We’ve been over this. | 我们已经谈过了 |
[38:59] | There’s nothing I can do– | 我没什么可做的 |
[39:00] | I’m not here about the associates. | 我不是为了新律师来的 |
[39:02] | I need you to take this. | 我需要你收下这个 |
[39:03] | – What’s that? – It’s a ticket to Argentina. | -那是什么 -这是去阿根廷的机票 |
[39:05] | I need you to go there until the trial is over. | 我需要你去那儿待到审判结束 |
[39:07] | And why would I do that? | 我为什么要那么做 |
[39:08] | Because the prosecution has no power to subpoena you there. | 因为你在那儿 传票就没效力了 |
[39:10] | Let me get this straight. You want me to flee the country, | 我来说清楚 你想让我逃出国去 |
[39:13] | so you can protect yourself. | 好让你保住你自己 |
[39:14] | I want you to flee the country so you can protect yourself. | 我想让你逃出国去 保护你自己 |
[39:18] | – Louis– – Sheila, you take that stand, | -路易 -希拉 你去出庭作证 |
[39:20] | and you’re gonna say things that hurt us, | 就会说出伤害我们的话 |
[39:21] | which means Harvey is going to say things that hurt you | 就意味着哈维会说伤害你的话 |
[39:23] | and I will not be able to handle that. | 而我没法承受那个 |
[39:25] | The truth isn’t gonna hurt me, Louis. | 事实不会伤害我 路易 |
[39:29] | Isn’t it true, Ms. Sazs, that while you claim | 赛斯女士 当你声名 |
[39:32] | no one had unauthorized access to the Harvard file room, | 没人能在未授权状态下进入哈佛档案室 |
[39:35] | there were times you were derelict in your duties? | 你是否犯了失职之错 |
[39:37] | I’ve never been derelict in my life. | 我一生从未失职 |
[39:39] | Then how does that explain the fact that there’s a man | 那怎么解释就在庭上 |
[39:40] | in this courtroom that had unauthorized access | 就有一名未被授权 |
[39:42] | to that very room? | 却曾进入的人呢 |
[39:43] | – Louis, please. – Was it because you had | -路易 拜托 -是因为你跟那人 |
[39:44] | a relationship with that man? | 有过一段感情吗 |
[39:46] | A relationship that ultimately failed? | 一段最终未能成正果的感情 |
[39:47] | – That’s not– – relevant? | -那跟… -案情无关吗 |
[39:48] | It’s more than goddamn relevant! | 关系大了 |
[39:50] | Because when he broke up with you, | 因为他跟你分手时 |
[39:52] | you started this vicious rumor to get back at him. | 你开始散布这恶毒的流言来攻击他 |
[39:55] | That’s a lie. Those are all lies. | 那是谎话 都是谎言 |
[39:56] | It is a lie that you had sex with that man, | 你跟他发生性关系 |
[39:58] | and left him alone in the supposedly | 还把他一个人留在 |
[40:00] | impenetrable Harvard file room? | 本应不许进入的哈佛档案室 也是谎言吗 |
[40:02] | Louis, this could cost me my job. | 路易 这会让我丢掉工作 |
[40:03] | Goddamn it! Harvey is not gonna care. | 该死 哈维根本不在乎 |
[40:09] | No. | 不 |
[40:11] | It’s not a lie. | 那不是谎话 |
[40:12] | And if you did that with him… | 如果你让他进去了 |
[40:16] | why should we believe | 我们为什么要相信 |
[40:19] | you didn’t do that with others? | 你不会让别人进去 |
[40:24] | I’m sorry. | 对不起 |
[40:26] | Sheila, I’m only trying to protect you. | 希拉 我只是想保护你 |
[40:29] | If you really wanted to protect me, | 如果你真想保护我 |
[40:30] | you wouldn’t tell Harvey those things in the first place. | 就不会告诉哈维这些事 |
[40:33] | He’s gonna want me to tell him. | 他会希望我告诉他 |
[40:35] | Anything I know that would help. | 任何我知道的能帮上他忙的事 |
[40:37] | You asked me to not make you lie. | 你让我不要逼你说谎 |
[40:40] | Please, don’t ask me to lie to him. | 那求你 不要逼我对他说谎 |
[40:42] | Okay, louis. | 好 路易 |
[40:47] | I’ll go. | 我走 |
[40:58] | What are you still doing here? | 你还在这里干什么 |
[41:00] | We’ve still got a trial coming up. | 我们还有个审判呢 |
[41:02] | I’m gonna make any headway on my defense, | 我要做好全面的辩护准备 |
[41:03] | I need to get going. | 我得走了 |
[41:05] | Your defense? | 你要辩护 |
[41:07] | Yes. | 是的 |
[41:08] | My defense. | 我来辩护 |
[41:09] | Are you saying what I think you’re saying? | 你是在说我觉得你在说的话吗 |
[41:10] | Because there’s an expression about that. | 因为对这事一直有个评价 |
[41:12] | It says, “If you’re thinking it, you’re a fool.” | 就是”你要那么想 那你就是蠢货” |
[41:14] | You heard her. She said, | 你听到了 她说 |
[41:15] | “The fact is that I’m not a goddamn lawyer.” | “事实就是我不是律师” |
[41:17] | Well, the only way to change that fact is for a jury | 那唯一改变那个事实的办法就是 |
[41:19] | to see me being a goddamn lawyer. | 让陪审团看到我是个律师 |
[41:20] | You try that, all they’re gonna see | 你要那么做 他们看到的就只是 |
[41:22] | is someone going to prison. | 该进监狱的某人 |
[41:23] | That’s bullshit. I can handle her. | 那是胡话 我能搞定她 |
[41:25] | You’ve never even gone through | 你都没参与过 |
[41:26] | a criminal trial before. | 刑事审判 |
[41:28] | Oh, yeah, and when was the last time you did? | 是的 那你上次参与是什么时候 |
[41:30] | How many years ago was it? | 几年前了 |
[41:31] | I don’t believe it. You think you’re better than me? | 难以置信 你觉得你能比我强 |
[41:32] | This isn’t about who’s better. | 跟谁强没关系 |
[41:34] | It’s about who’s better for this case. | 重点是谁对这案子更有利 |
[41:36] | And my life is on the line. | 是我命悬一线 |
[41:38] | If I go down because of my call, I can take it. | 如果我因为自己的行为栽了 那我认栽 |
[41:40] | If I go down because of yours, I can’t. | 如果是你让我栽了 我没法认 |
[41:42] | This isn’t just your life. This is all of ours. | 这不光是你的命 是我们所有人的 |
[41:44] | Well, like I said, | 那就像我说的 |
[41:46] | it’s my call and I’m making it. | 这是我的决定 我要做 |
[41:48] | I’m sorry to interrupt. | 抱歉打扰你们 |
[41:49] | This isn’t over. | 这事还没完 |
[41:50] | I just finished going through discovery | 我刚看了一遍调查证据 |
[41:51] | and we have a problem. | 我们有麻烦了 |
[41:52] | What is it? | 什么麻烦 |
[41:55] | They found Trevor. | 他们找到了特雷弗 |