时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:07] | What do you mean you can’t take the case? | 什么叫你不能接这个案子 |
[00:08] | Jessica won’t lay out the money for the man-hours. | 杰西卡不会为工时花钱 |
[00:10] | One of the victims was my uncle Keith. | 我叔叔基思也是受害者之一 |
[00:12] | Please. These people need your help. | 求你了 这些人需要你的帮助 |
[00:15] | I didn’t come forward. They found me. | 我没有主动站出来 是他们找到我的 |
[00:16] | And I’m not pulling any associate shit. | 而且新人的事也不是我搞的 |
[00:18] | Then what do you call | 那你怎么解释这份 |
[00:19] | this pathetic excuse of a candidates list? | 候选人名单 |
[00:20] | I call it inevitable, because our students can read. | 我觉得这是自然而然的 因为我们的学生识字 |
[00:23] | Our future is slipping away, and offering Jack | 我们的未来要溜走了 而给杰克命名合伙人地位 |
[00:25] | name partner or praying to god that Harvey | 或是跟上帝祈祷哈维 |
[00:28] | just gets Mike off the hook | 能把迈克的案子摆平 |
[00:30] | Isn’t gonna stop it from happening. | 都没法阻止这事发生 |
[00:31] | Then you get your ass back up to Harvard, | 字幕 |
[00:34] | And you make sure sheila doesn’t show up to that trial. | 你现在就滚去哈佛 确保希拉不会出现在庭审上 |
[00:37] | It’s a ticket to Argentina. | 这是去阿根廷的机票 |
[00:38] | I need you to go there until the trial’s over. | 我需要你去那儿待到审判结束 |
[00:40] | Court’s not about bullshit like this; it’s about facts. | 法庭不听这些废话 那里讲事实 |
[00:42] | And the fact is, you’re not a goddamn lawyer. | 事实是 你不是律师 |
[00:44] | Are you saying what I think you’re saying? | 你是在说我觉得你在说的话吗 |
[00:46] | Because if you’re thinking it, you’re a fool. | 你要那么想 那你就是蠢货 |
[00:47] | You heard her. | 你听到了 |
[00:48] | She said “the fact is, is that I’m not a goddamn lawyer”. | 她说”事实就是我不是律师” |
[00:50] | Well, the only way to change that fact | 那唯一改变那个事实的办法就是 |
[00:52] | is for a jury to see me be a goddamn lawyer. | 让陪审团看到我是个律师 |
[00:54] | You try that, all they’re gonna see | 你要那么做 他们看到的就只是 |
[00:55] | is someone going to prison. | 该进监狱的某人 |
[00:56] | It’s my call, and I’m making it. | 这是我的决定 我要做 |
[00:58] | We have a problem. They found Trevor. | 我们有麻烦了 他们找到了特雷弗 |
[01:13] | Please raise your right hand. | 请举起你的右手 |
[01:15] | Do you swear to tell the truth, | 你愿意发誓 |
[01:18] | the whole truth, | 所言句句属实 |
[01:19] | and nothing but the truth, | 毫不欺瞒 |
[01:21] | so help you God? | 上帝为证吗 |
[01:24] | I do. | 我愿意 |
[01:25] | You may be seated. | 你可以坐下了 |
[01:28] | Mr. Evans, how long have you known Mr. Ross? | 埃文斯先生 你认识罗斯先生多久了 |
[01:32] | Since we were kids. Almost 20 years. | 我们从小就认识 快二十年了 |
[01:34] | So you were close to him? | 那你们很亲近吧 |
[01:35] | Yeah, he was my best friend. | 对 他曾是我最好的朋友 |
[01:36] | Are you still close to him? | 你现在还跟他很亲近吗 |
[01:38] | Well, I doubt we will be after this. | 我想在这之后就不会了 |
[01:40] | After what? | 在什么之后 |
[01:41] | After you ask me about the series of events | 在你问我一系列 |
[01:43] | that have led us all to be here today. | 我们今天为之而来的问题之后 |
[01:45] | Well, we’ll get to your history in a minute, | 我们等一下再聊你们之间的历史 |
[01:46] | But first, I want to ask you a question about current events. | 但首先 我想问你一个关于近期事件的问题 |
[01:50] | Did Mike Ross approach you three days ago | 迈克·罗斯有没有在三天前找到你 |
[01:52] | in an attempt to get you not to testify against him? | 企图让你不要上庭指证他 |
[01:59] | Yes, he did. | 是的 他来找过我 |
[02:01] | How exactly did that conversation go? | 那次对话具体是如何进行的 |
[02:06] | – What are you doing here? – You know exactly what I’m doing here. | -你在这里干嘛 -你知道我在这里干嘛 |
[02:08] | You said you would not testify. | 你说过你不会出庭作证的 |
[02:10] | Yeah, well, that was before Anita Gibbs dragged me in | 对 但那是在安妮塔·吉布斯把我抓走 |
[02:12] | and told me she was gonna put me away for ten years. | 告诉我她要把我关十年之前 |
[02:13] | I don’t give a shit what she told you. | 我不在乎她跟你说了什么 |
[02:14] | You said you were gonna call a lawyer. | 你说过你会叫律师的 |
[02:16] | Yeah, well, before I had a chance to do that, | 对 但我还没机会叫 |
[02:17] | they showed me what they had, | 他们给我看了他们手上的东西 |
[02:19] | which is names, dates, witnesses, and everything else | 有姓名 日期 证人 以及所有 |
[02:22] | they need to put me away for as long as they want. | 他们需要能把我爱关多久就关多久的东西 |
[02:23] | Wait, wait, how would they have– | 等等 等等 他们怎么会有 |
[02:26] | You think I want to do this? | 你以为我愿意这么做吗 |
[02:26] | I don’t. | 我不想的 |
[02:29] | But I cannot risk prison for you. | 但是我不能为了你冒坐牢的风险 |
[02:30] | And I am telling you that whatever they have, | 我向你保证 无论他们掌握了什么 |
[02:32] | Harvey can get you out of this. | 哈维都可以为你脱罪的 |
[02:33] | And from what she told me, | 吉布斯也跟我说了 |
[02:34] | Gibbs can get you out of this. | 她可以让你脱罪 |
[02:36] | She offered you a deal that can make this whole thing stop. | 她愿意跟你交易 可以让这一切结束 |
[02:38] | Now, instead of telling me not to testify against you, | 与其让我不要出庭指证你 |
[02:41] | why don’t you think about testifying against Harvey? | 你为什么不考虑一下指证哈维呢 |
[02:43] | Because unlike you, I would never do that to a friend! | 因为我不像你 我绝不会背叛朋友 |
[02:45] | Yeah, well, unlike you, when they put me away, | 对 但我跟你不一样的是 |
[02:47] | I’m not going to a white-collar prison. | 他们可不会把我关进白领监狱 |
[02:50] | So if I don’t rip you to shreds up there on the stand, | 所以如果我不出庭作证毁了你 |
[02:53] | they’re gonna rip me to shreds behind bars. | 他们就会在监狱里毁了我 |
[03:03] | Harvey, it’s late. I’ve had a long day. | 哈维 很晚了 我今天很累 |
[03:06] | So if you don’t mind… | 所以如果你不介意的话 |
[03:07] | We have a problem. | 我们有麻烦了 |
[03:09] | What now? My condo’s on fire? | 又怎么了 我家着火了吗 |
[03:10] | Mike wants to represent himself. | 迈克想自己辩护 |
[03:13] | Is he crazy? He can’t do that. | 他疯了吗 他不能那样做 |
[03:15] | That’s what I tried to tell him. | 我也尝试过告诉他这个 |
[03:16] | You don’t try; you just tell him. | 你不该尝试 你应该直接命令他 |
[03:18] | Yeah, the only problem with that is, | 对 但唯一的问题在于 |
[03:20] | he knows it’s his decision. | 他知道这是他自己的决定 |
[03:21] | not to mention, the only thing that’s stopping him | 更别提他没有去找吉布斯 |
[03:23] | from going to Gibbs and pointing his finger | 指证你或者我的唯一原因 |
[03:25] | at you or me is his loyalty to us. | 就是他对我们的忠诚 |
[03:27] | So that’s it? | 那就这么算了吗 |
[03:28] | He’s representing himself? | 就让他为自己辩护 |
[03:30] | I’m not saying that. | 我没有这么说 |
[03:31] | Then what exactly are you saying? | 那你到底想说什么 |
[03:32] | I’m saying I have a plan, | 我是说我有个计划 |
[03:34] | but I need you to sign off on it. | 但我需要你的同意 |
[03:36] | Oh, whatever it is, I’m in. | 不管是什么计划 我都同意 |
[03:38] | Because if that kid handles his own defense, | 因为如果那孩子自己辩护 |
[03:40] | you and I are going to be the next ones on trial. | 那接下来就是你和我上庭受审了 |
[03:48] | If you’re here to find out if Trevor’s testifying, he is. | 如果你来是想知道特雷弗会不会作证 他会 |
[03:51] | I can handle Trevor. | 我可以搞定特雷弗 |
[03:52] | Harvey, we’ve been over this. | 哈维 我们谈过这个了 |
[03:53] | And I said we’re not done being over it. | 我也说过我不会善罢甘休的 |
[03:55] | Listen to me, I know that fool-for-a-client bullshit. | 我知道老话说自己辩护的律师都是傻瓜 |
[03:58] | But the thing I’m being accused of is not being a lawyer. | 但现在他们指控说我不是个律师 |
[04:00] | So if I represent myself, every second I’m up there, | 所以如果我为自己辩护 那我在庭上的每一秒 |
[04:03] | they’re gonna see me as a lawyer. | 他们都会看到我就是个律师 |
[04:04] | And if she rattles you for one of those goddamn seconds, | 但如果她在其中任何一刻打乱你的阵脚 |
[04:07] | they’re gonna see you as a fraud, and they’re never | 他们就会认为你是个骗子 |
[04:09] | gonna see you as anything else. | 并且再也不会看到你的其他方面 |
[04:10] | Okay. | 好了 |
[04:11] | I got it. You said your piece. | 我知道了 你表达了你的意见 |
[04:12] | It’s my call. I’m done talking about it. | 这是我的决定 我不想再讨论了 |
[04:15] | Then we’ll do a trial run to get you ready. | 那我们就进行一次模拟庭审来帮你做准备 |
[04:20] | Are you crazy? | 你疯了吗 |
[04:22] | You want to waste my time, not to mention | 你想浪费我的时间 更别说 |
[04:24] | air our dirty laundry, in front of the whole firm? | 把我们的丑事 向整个公司直播 |
[04:26] | Mike, in a week and a half, our dirty laundry is gonna be | 迈克 十天之内 我们的丑事 |
[04:29] | aired in front of the whole world. | 将向全世界直播 |
[04:30] | And Gibbs is gonna come at you in ways | 而且吉布斯会用 |
[04:32] | you’ve never even thought about. | 你意想不到的方式来对付你 |
[04:34] | Oh, so I get it. You don’t want a trial run to get me ready; | 我明白了 你不是用模拟庭审来帮我准备 |
[04:36] | you want a trial run to show me that I’m outmatched. | 你想用模拟庭审来证明我不是她的对手 |
[04:38] | You are outmatched by me and Gibbs, | 你不是我和吉布斯的对手 |
[04:40] | And you’re afraid to find out. | 而你害怕承认这个事实 |
[04:41] | I’m not afraid of Gibbs, and I am not afraid of you. | 我不怕吉布斯 我也不怕你 |
[04:44] | Then you won’t mind agreeing, if I beat you, | 那你就不会介意同意 如果我赢了你 |
[04:46] | you let me represent you in court. | 你就让我上庭为你辩护 |
[04:53] | Okay, Harvey, you want to go? | 好 哈维 你想比一场 |
[04:54] | Let’s go. | 那我们就比一场 |
[04:56] | But you better bring your A game. | 不过你最好使出浑身解数 |
[04:58] | Because you might be the best closer in the city, | 因为你或许确实是全城最好的律师 |
[05:01] | But I’m the one fighting for my life. | 但我是背水一战 |
[05:35] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[05:38] | There he is. | 找到你了 |
[05:40] | Harold. | 哈罗德 |
[05:41] | What are you doing here? | 你在这里做什么 |
[05:42] | I know what’s going on, okay? | 我知道发生了什么事 好吗 |
[05:44] | I know about the trial coming up. | 我知道你要面临的庭审 |
[05:45] | Then you know I’m pretty busy right now. | 那你肯定知道我现在很忙 |
[05:47] | Right, which is why I wanted to talk to you. | 对 这也是我找你的原因 |
[05:49] | Listen, you’re gonna need someone to testify | 听着 你会需要有人为你作证 |
[05:51] | that you went to Harvard. | 证明你念过哈佛 |
[05:52] | I want to be that guy. | 我想为你作证 |
[05:54] | Harold, that’s an amazing offer, but– | 哈罗德 你的提议很棒 但是 |
[05:55] | Mike, come on, man. | 迈克 拜托 伙计 |
[05:58] | We both know that you didn’t go to Harvard. | 我们都知道你没有念过哈佛 |
[06:00] | But honestly, if anyone would have asked me up until this point, | 但说实话 如果任何人问过我 |
[06:02] | I would have sworn that you did. | 我都会发誓说你念过 |
[06:04] | I would have sworn that I saw you | 我会发誓我看到你出现在 |
[06:06] | at that–that party with Gilcrest | 在吉尔克斯的派对上 |
[06:08] | or those pizza nights at Pinocchio’s | 或在匹诺曹餐厅吃披萨 |
[06:09] | or pretty much any other memory I have of that time, | 或者在任何一段我当时的记忆里 |
[06:12] | which means, if they put me up there on that stand, | 也就是说 如果他们让我出庭作证 |
[06:14] | I’d basically be telling the truth. | 我基本上是在说实话 |
[06:18] | I can’t tell you how much that means to me, Harold, but… | 我无法形容这对我多重要 哈罗德 但 |
[06:20] | Mike, I want to do this for you, please. | 迈克 我想为你这么做 拜托了 |
[06:22] | I know you do. | 我知道你想 |
[06:24] | But I got myself into this mess, | 但是我把自己弄到这步田地 |
[06:26] | and I got to get myself out of it. | 我得靠自己爬起来 |
[06:28] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[06:29] | But listen, if you change your mind, | 但是 如果你改变主意 |
[06:31] | you know where to find me. | 你知道应该去哪找我 |
[06:36] | Ladies and gentlemen of the jury, | 陪审团的女士们先生们 |
[06:37] | you’re gonna be hearing a lot of things | 你们将在接下来几天 |
[06:38] | over the next several days, | 听到很多东西 |
[06:40] | but the truth is, this case is about | 但事实上 这个案子 |
[06:42] | nothing more than cold, hard– | 证据只有确凿的 无法动摇的 |
[06:44] | Innuendo. | 捕风捉影 |
[06:46] | And the fact is, I’m capable of reciting every element | 而事实是 我可以背诵 |
[06:48] | of jurisprudence in the State of New York. | 纽约州所有的法理学要素 |
[06:50] | and yet despite that, the prosecution is gonna | 尽管如此 控方将会 |
[06:52] | try to convince you that I am a– | 企图让你们相信我是个 |
[06:54] | Fraud, who not only didn’t pass the bar or go | 骗子 一个没有通过律师考试 也没读过 |
[06:57] | to law school, he didn’t even graduate college. | 法学院的人 他连大学都没毕业 |
[06:59] | There isn’t one piece of hard evidence | 没有任何确凿的证据 |
[07:02] | proving that I didn’t go to Harvard Law. | 能证明我没有读过哈佛法学院 |
[07:04] | There’s no record of tuition being paid. | 没有交学费的记录 |
[07:06] | No record of a Boston address. | 没有波士顿地址的记录 |
[07:08] | There isn’t even a simple picture in the yearbook. | 年册里甚至没有一张你的照片 |
[07:10] | Let’s talk about the yearbook. | 那我们就来聊聊年册 |
[07:11] | As he told you, I’m not in the yearbook. | 就像他说的 我没有出现在年册中 |
[07:13] | Where is Mike Ross? | 迈克·罗斯在哪里 |
[07:15] | Though what he didn’t tell you is that | 但他没有告诉你们的是 |
[07:16] | 25 other students are also not in this yearbook. | 还有25个人也没有出现在年册中 |
[07:18] | Are those other students being charged with fraud? | 那些人有以诈骗罪名被起诉吗 |
[07:20] | Of course not, because we don’t put people on trial | 当然没有 因为我们不会因为 |
[07:23] | for being sick on picture day, and no matter– | 照相日请病假而被起诉 不论 |
[07:26] | What he says, the fact is, Mike Ross is not a lawyer. | 他怎么说 事实是 迈克·罗斯不是律师 |
[07:30] | He’s a fraud. | 他是个诈骗犯 |
[07:32] | And we will prove that beyond a shadow of a doubt. | 而我们会将此事证明得确凿无疑 |
[07:35] | The defense would like to call its first witness. | 辩方想传唤第一位证人 |
[07:37] | Right there– he’s such a non-lawyer, | 你们看 他多不像个律师 |
[07:39] | he doesn’t even know the prosecution goes first. | 他甚至不知道应该是检方先传唤证人 |
[07:41] | And you obviously don’t know | 那你显然也不知道 |
[07:42] | Jarvis V. the State of New York, 1937, | 1937年贾维斯诉纽约州案 |
[07:45] | when calling of the first witness | 庭审一旦开始 |
[07:46] | is of such special nature as to disrupt | 传唤第一位证人的时机 |
[07:48] | the flow of the trial once it’s started. | 就是影响庭审连贯性的本质因素 |
[07:51] | What the hell special nature are you talking about? | 你说什么本质上呢 |
[07:53] | When the defense wants to call the prosecutor | 当辩方的第一位证人 |
[07:54] | as its first witness. | 就是该案的检察官时 |
[07:56] | Harvey, unless you have something to overturn this, | 哈维 除非你有其他理由推翻这个请求 |
[07:58] | I’m gonna need you to have a seat. | 不然请就坐吧 |
[08:03] | Mr. Specter, you said there’s no record of me | 斯佩克特先生 你说我没有 |
[08:05] | ever having an apartment in Boston. | 在波士顿拥有公寓的证明 |
[08:07] | Can you explain to the jury why there’s no record | 那你能解释一下为什么 |
[08:09] | of you ever having lived there? | 你没有住在那里的证明吗 |
[08:10] | I’m not the one on trial here. | 又不是我受审 |
[08:11] | No, you’re not. | 确实不是你 |
[08:12] | You’re the one in that chair, | 但你坐在证人席上 |
[08:13] | so why don’t you answer the question, | 还是要请你回答我的问题 |
[08:15] | or we can stop this whole thing right now. | 或者我们就此停止吧 |
[08:16] | There’s no record of me living there | 我没有住在那里的证明是因为 |
[08:18] | because I sublet up there when I had my place down here. | 我在这里有住所所以在那里是跟人分租的 |
[08:21] | So it is possible | 所以某个人 |
[08:22] | that a person not have a Boston address | 没有波士顿的住址 |
[08:24] | without it meaning that they didn’t attend Harvard. | 也不一定意味着他没有在哈佛学习 |
[08:27] | Great. Thank you so much. | 非常好 谢谢你 |
[08:29] | This witness is excused. | 我问完了 |
[08:31] | And what, exactly, is your reason | 那你在那里没有住址 |
[08:33] | for not having an address up there? | 又是什么原因呢 |
[08:34] | Unless you’re too afraid to answer my questions. | 除非你不敢回答我的问题 |
[08:37] | No, I’m not afraid of you at all. | 不 我一点也不害怕 |
[08:39] | My reason is that I chose to live with my friend | 我的原因是我选择和我的朋友 |
[08:41] | Trevor during that time. | 特雷弗住在一起 |
[08:42] | The only problem with that is, | 这个说法的唯一问题是 |
[08:44] | your friend Trevor has lived in Brooklyn his entire life. | 你的朋友特雷弗这辈子都住在布鲁克林区 |
[08:47] | Exactly a 3 hour and 20 minute drive from Harvard. | 开车三个小时二十分就可以到哈佛 |
[08:49] | So you’re saying you made that drive every day? | 所以你每天都那样开车往返吗 |
[08:51] | No, I only went up for tests | 不 我只去参加考试 |
[08:52] | because that’s all I had to do. | 因为那样就够了 |
[08:54] | I guess you needed some extra tutoring, huh? | 看来你还需要一些额外的教导吧 |
[08:57] | You expect these people to believe that you graduated | 你期望这些人相信你可以 |
[08:59] | from the most competitive law school in the world | 一次课都不上还能从全球竞争 |
[09:01] | without ever going to class? | 最激烈的法学院毕业 |
[09:03] | See, that’s funny, because you actually | 你看这多可笑 因为你竟然 |
[09:04] | expect these people to believe | 期待这些人相信 |
[09:05] | that I never went to law school at all | 我从来没有读过法学院 |
[09:07] | and yet still somehow managed to convince | 但还能不知怎么地 |
[09:08] | the smartest lawyers in the world | 说服全世界最顶尖的律师们 |
[09:10] | to make me their youngest partner ever. | 让我当上了他们最年轻的合伙人 |
[09:15] | Whose story is looking more far-fetched now? | 现在谁的说法看起来更不可信呢 |
[09:18] | Oh, no answer? Great. | 不回答 很好 |
[09:20] | No more questions, Your Honor. | 我没有问题了 法官大人 |
[09:24] | I don’t know if you’ve noticed this or not, | 我不知道你有没有注意到 |
[09:25] | but he’s kicking your ass. | 但他把你打得屁滚尿流 |
[09:27] | And I’m about to kick back. | 那我就准备回击了 |
[09:29] | Are you two discussing something | 你们两个在商量什么 |
[09:30] | that defense should be made aware of? | 辩方需要知晓的内容吗 |
[09:32] | Just talking about the Knicks. | 就是讨论一下体育问题 |
[09:35] | Now is the prosecution ready to call their first witness? | 检方准备好传唤第一位证人了吗 |
[09:38] | The prosecution’s first witness is this affidavit | 检方的第一位证人是这份 |
[09:41] | from every single member of the defendant’s | 来自辩方理论上应在班级每位成员的 |
[09:43] | supposed graduating class. | 一份宣誓证词 |
[09:45] | Objection, Your Honor. I haven’t seen that. | 反对 法官大人 我没有看过这份材料 |
[09:46] | Well, then let me read it to you. | 那我念给你听 |
[09:48] | “We collectively come forward to swear | 我们一起站出来承诺 |
[09:50] | the following regarding Michael James Ross: | 以下关于迈克尔·詹姆斯·罗斯的信息 |
[09:53] | We never saw him. We never knew him. | 我们从没见过他 也不认识他 |
[09:56] | We never heard of him. | 从没听说过他 |
[09:58] | And it makes us sick that he’s taking the good name | 对于他置哈佛法学院的名声于不顾的行为 |
[10:02] | of Harvard Law School and throwing it down the toilet. | 我们也感到异常反感 |
[10:05] | Please find him guilty on all counts.” | 请对所有指控判定有罪 |
[10:07] | Your honor, I move to strike that document right now. | 法官大人 我请求对这份文件立即予以废止 |
[10:09] | On what grounds? | 你的理由是什么 |
[10:10] | On the grounds that it’s completely fabricated. | 理由是这是一份伪造的文件 |
[10:11] | Where’s your proof? | 你的证据呢 |
[10:12] | Besides the fact that I actually went to Harvard, | 我们先不谈我确实在哈佛就读过这个事实 |
[10:14] | there’s no way you could have contacted | 你根本不可能从昨晚到现在 |
[10:15] | all of those people since last night. | 联系到全部的人 |
[10:17] | Then I suggest you call every one of these people | 那我建议你联系他们所有人 |
[10:19] | and put them on the stand. | 让他们来出庭作证 |
[10:20] | But when you do, every single one of them is gonna | 但当你那么做的时候 他们每个人 |
[10:22] | look you in the eye and say, “Who the hell are you?” | 都会看着你的眼睛问 “你是谁啊” |
[10:30] | What? No snappy comeback? | 怎么了 怎么不出声了 |
[10:33] | You can try to trick these people all you want. | 你可以尽你所能愚弄这些人 |
[10:35] | But the fact is, you didn’t go to Harvard, | 但事实就是你没有读过哈佛 |
[10:38] | and this proves it. | 这也证明了这件事 |
[10:40] | Objection. He’s testifying. | 反对 他在作证 |
[10:42] | What I’m doing is winning. | 我只是在赢而已 |
[10:43] | All right, that’s enough. | 好了 够了 |
[10:45] | I think this is a good time to take a break. | 我认为我们该休息一下了 |
[10:59] | Louis Litt. | 路易·利特 |
[11:02] | I’m Anita Gibbs. | 我是安妮塔·吉布斯 |
[11:03] | Yeah, I know who you are. | 我知道你是谁 |
[11:04] | Question is, what are you doing here? | 问题是你在这里干什么 |
[11:05] | And the answer is, I don’t give a shit. | 答案是 你说什么我也不在乎 |
[11:07] | I came here to compliment you | 我是来夸奖你 |
[11:08] | on getting rid of Sheila Sazs. | 摆脱希拉·赛斯的方式的 |
[11:10] | I have no idea what you’re talking about. | 我不知道你在说什么 |
[11:12] | Really? You think I don’t know what’s going on here? | 真的吗 你以为我不知道发生了什么吗 |
[11:13] | You two were in a relationship, and when you found out | 你们两个曾经交往过 但当你发现 |
[11:15] | that it was her that wrote that email, | 是她写的那封邮件时 |
[11:17] | you went up to Cambridge and convinced her to go to | 你去了剑桥说服她 |
[11:19] | Argentina for the duration of the trial. | 在庭审期间去了阿根廷 |
[11:21] | You’re out of your mind. | 你简直是疯了 |
[11:23] | Am I? | 是吗 |
[11:23] | You flew to Boston three times in the last two weeks. | 你过去两周飞去波士顿三次 |
[11:26] | You took two cabs to her house | 你搭车去过两次她家 |
[11:27] | and another to within 100 feet of the admissions office. | 还有一次离招生办公室100英尺都不到 |
[11:31] | You have no proof of anything. | 你没有任何证据 |
[11:33] | I don’t need proof. | 我不需要证据 |
[11:35] | Because while she may be in Argentina now, | 因为尽管她现在在阿根廷 |
[11:37] | she’s not gonna stay there forever, | 但她不会永远呆在那里 |
[11:39] | which means when she gets back, | 也就是说等她回来的时候 |
[11:40] | I get you for witness tampering. | 我就能证明你在骚扰证人 |
[11:43] | Do me a favor and leave me the hell alone. | 拜托你离我远点 |
[11:45] | I will. | 我会的 |
[11:46] | For now. | 暂时而已 |
[11:47] | But if she’s not back by the start of trial, | 如果她在庭审前没有回来 |
[11:51] | I’m gonna assume that you want to be brought up on charges. | 我会认为你想被起诉 |
[12:00] | You son of a bitch. This isn’t real. | 你这个混蛋 这不是真的 |
[12:02] | I don’t give a shit whether it’s real or not. | 我不在乎那是不是真的 |
[12:04] | You think Gibbs isn’t gonna do things like that? | 你认为吉布斯不会那么做吗 |
[12:06] | She is not gonna enter false evidence, and you know it. | 但她不会作伪证的 你也知道 |
[12:08] | But she is gonna set up traps for you | 但她会为你设下陷阱 |
[12:09] | to bungle into like I just did. | 就像我刚才那样 |
[12:11] | This is such bullshit. | 那是胡说八道 |
[12:12] | You are just pissed because I was kicking your ass | 你生气是因为你输得很惨 |
[12:14] | so now you’re cheating. | 然后你就想作弊 |
[12:15] | Me? | 我 |
[12:15] | You’re the one who testified in your | 是你想抓住一切机会 |
[12:17] | opening statement and every chance you get. | 进行公开陈述 |
[12:19] | Because that’s exactly what me being my own lawyer gives us. | 因为那是为自己辩护所必须的结果 |
[12:22] | I don’t care. | 我不在乎 |
[12:23] | If I represent you and it turns out that you need to testify, | 假如我代理你 结果需要你作证 |
[12:26] | we can call you up to the stand. | 我们可以传唤你上证人席 |
[12:27] | And if we do that, | 假如我们那样做了 |
[12:29] | then Gibbs gets to cross-examine me | 那吉布斯就可以盘问我 |
[12:30] | and make me look like a liar. | 并且让我看起来像个骗子 |
[12:31] | Well, I don’t know if you’ve noticed, | 我不知道你注意到没有 |
[12:33] | but you’re looking like a liar right now. | 你看起来已经像个骗子了 |
[12:34] | And I’m trying to keep you from looking like a fool. | 而我在试图让你看起来不像个傻瓜 |
[12:37] | You know what? I’m getting pretty tired of you using that word with me. | 知道吗 我有点烦你不断喊我傻瓜了 |
[12:39] | Too bad, because for all your bullshit up there, | 那太糟了 因为尽管你说了那一大通话 |
[12:41] | you still can’t produce one person who remembers you from Harvard. | 你仍然无法提供一个记得你上过哈佛的人 |
[12:44] | So if you want to have a chance at representing yourself, | 所以假如你想有机会代理你自己 |
[12:47] | get out of my face and go work on your defense | 那就快从我面前滚开 去想你的辩护词 |
[12:49] | ’cause I got a lot more where that came from. | 因为我的后招还有很多 |
[13:02] | What can I do for you, Louis? | 有什么我能为你效劳 路易 |
[13:05] | – Gibbs knows what I did. – What? | -吉布斯知道我的所作所为了 -什么 |
[13:07] | She knows I got Sheila out of the country. | 她知道我让希拉出了国 |
[13:09] | She was waiting for me this morning, | 她今早在门口等着我 |
[13:10] | and she threatened to bring charges against me. | 并且威胁要起诉我 |
[13:11] | – Did you admit that to her? – No. | -你承认了吗 -没有 |
[13:14] | Then she’s not gonna charge you with anything. | 那她就无法起诉你任何事 |
[13:16] | Did you hear what I just said? | 你听见我刚刚说的了吗 |
[13:17] | She knows I went to Sheila’s place | 她知道了我在希拉去阿根廷的那晚 |
[13:18] | the same night she went to Argentina. | 去了她家 |
[13:20] | And what does that prove? | 那又能证明什么 |
[13:21] | It proves that I knowingly | 这证明了我有意 |
[13:22] | bought a witness a ticket out of the country | 在一场调查正在进行中时 |
[13:23] | in the middle of an ongoing investigation. | 给一名证人买了张出国机票 |
[13:25] | All it proves is, you rewarded a Harvard employee | 那一切只能证明 你奖励了一位 |
[13:27] | who’s been steering lawyers towards this firm | 在过去十年中一直向这家律所输送律师的 |
[13:29] | for the last ten years. | 哈佛职员 |
[13:30] | Okay, Jessica, Gibbs can easily go down to Argentina | 杰西卡 吉布斯可以轻易到阿根廷去 |
[13:33] | and ask Sheila– | 然后问希拉 |
[13:34] | Louis, listen to yourself. | 路易 听听你自己说的话 |
[13:36] | She’s not going to do that. | 她不会那样做的 |
[13:37] | And even if she did, | 而且就算她那样做了 |
[13:38] | it’s not witness tampering | 在证人没有被传唤的情况下 |
[13:40] | if a subpoena was never issued. | 那也不算干扰证人 |
[13:41] | Then Gibbs is gonna say that I had knowledge | 那吉布斯就会说我知道 |
[13:43] | of an impending subpoena; therefore it is tampering. | 有张即将到来的传票 因此就是干扰 |
[13:46] | You know what, Louis? | 你知道吗 路易 |
[13:47] | I don’t give a shit what Gibbs says. | 我一点都不在乎吉布斯怎么说 |
[13:52] | Where are you going? | 你要去哪里 |
[13:53] | Give that woman a taste of her own goddamn medicine. | 让那个女人自食她所造的苦果 |
[13:57] | Where the hell are you going? | 你要去哪里 |
[13:58] | We’ve got Mike on the ropes; | 我们套住迈克了 |
[13:59] | we have to put him away. | 我们得让他别插手这事 |
[14:00] | Sorry, Harvey. | 抱歉 哈维 |
[14:01] | Something more pressing just came up. | 刚刚出现了件更紧急的事 |
[14:02] | What the hell could be more pressing than this? | 还能有什么比这更紧急 |
[14:04] | You worry about your shit, and I’ll worry about mine. | 你操心你自己的事 让我自己操心我的 |
[14:06] | Oh, I’ve got my shit taken care of. | 我已经把我的事搞定了 |
[14:08] | Well, maybe you do, and maybe you don’t. | 也许你搞定了 也许你没搞定 |
[14:10] | But what I’ve learned from recent history is, | 反正我近来学到的是 |
[14:12] | if you really were Anita Gibbs, | 假如你真的是安妮塔·吉布斯 |
[14:13] | no matter what you had planned, | 不管你计划了什么 |
[14:15] | you’d be planning something else. | 你其实都是另有打算 |
[14:25] | Donna, please, not right now. | 唐娜 拜托 现在不是时候 |
[14:27] | I’m so busy. | 我忙死了 |
[14:28] | That’s fine. | 没关系 |
[14:28] | I just came by to let you know that | 我只是过来告诉你一声 |
[14:29] | Jessica had to go out, | 杰西卡得出趟门 |
[14:30] | so the trial is done for the rest of the day. | 所以今天不继续举行模拟庭审了 |
[14:32] | And Harvey wasn’t gonna tell me | 而哈维不打算告诉我 |
[14:33] | because he’s playing dirty. | 因为他在玩阴的 |
[14:34] | He’s not your enemy, Mike. | 他不是你的敌人 迈克 |
[14:36] | He’s just doing what he thinks is best. | 他只是在做他认为最好的 |
[14:38] | Then I’m gonna do what I think is best. | 那我要做我认为最好的 |
[14:40] | And what exactly is that? | 那你认为怎么最好 |
[14:41] | Look, Donna, he may not be my enemy, | 听着 唐娜 他或许不是我的敌人 |
[14:44] | and you may not be my enemy, | 你或许也不是我的敌人 |
[14:46] | but as long as we’re in this trial run, | 但只要我们在模拟庭审中 |
[14:49] | I’m not trusting you with anything. | 我是绝对不会信任你的 |
[14:55] | That’s my boy. | 果然是好孩子 |
[15:00] | Jessica Pearson, | 杰西卡·皮尔逊 |
[15:02] | I wasn’t aware we had an appointment today. | 我不知道我们今天约了见面 |
[15:04] | We don’t. | 我们没约 |
[15:04] | I just stopped by to give you this restraining order, | 我只是过来给你这个限制令 |
[15:06] | preventing you from contacting Louis Litt | 阻止你在路易·利特的律师不在场的情况下 |
[15:08] | without his attorney present. | 接触他 |
[15:09] | And let me guess– his attorney is you. | 让我猜猜…他的律师是你 |
[15:12] | Bingo. | 猜对了 |
[15:13] | So unless you’re going to arrest him, | 所以除非你要逮捕他 |
[15:15] | you so much as text him without me present, | 否则哪怕你只是发发短信 只要我不在场 |
[15:18] | and you’re in violation of a court order. | 你也是违反了法院命令 |
[15:21] | You’re done driving a wedge between me and my people. | 你休想再继续挑拨我和我的人了 |
[15:24] | We’ll see how strong your bond is with your people | 当我把你手下所有人一个个拉上证人席 |
[15:27] | when I parade every one of them on the stand | 并直截了当地问他们 |
[15:29] | and ask them point-blank, | “你知道迈克·罗斯是个骗子吗” |
[15:31] | “Did you know Mike Ross was a fraud?” | 我们就能看到你和你的人联系是有多紧密了 |
[15:33] | You think we’re gonna have different answers to that? | 你觉得我们对那个问题会有不同的答案吗 |
[15:35] | No, I think you’re all gonna take the Fifth. | 不 我觉得你们都会引用第五修正案 |
[15:37] | And you’re gonna tell yourselves it implies no guilt, | 然后你们会自我安慰那样并不会显得心虚 |
[15:40] | but in the eyes of the jury, | 但在陪审团的眼里 |
[15:41] | you might as well all just stand up there and say he did it. | 你们可都相当于站在那里说出他的确有罪了 |
[15:44] | So you tell your client he’s off the hook for now. | 所以你告诉你的客户我暂时不会找他麻烦了 |
[15:48] | But the next time I talk to him, | 但下次我再找他谈 |
[15:49] | it will be on the stand. | 将会是他站在证人席上时 |
[15:58] | Hey, I got your message. | 我收到你的信息了 |
[16:01] | So here I am. | 所以我来了 |
[16:02] | But let me tell you something, Mike, | 但我就直说了 迈克 |
[16:03] | if you’re here to ask what I think you’re gonna ask, | 假如你的来意和我想象中的一样 |
[16:05] | gonna be a short conversation. | 那我俩没啥好谈的 |
[16:06] | I need you to say you remember me from Harvard. | 我需要你说你记得我上过哈佛 |
[16:08] | There’s just one small problem, Mike. | 只有一个小问题 迈克 |
[16:10] | I don’t remember you. | 我不记得你 |
[16:12] | ‘Cause you didn’t go there, did you? | 因为你没上过哈佛 不是吗 |
[16:15] | Look me in the eye and tell me that I’m wrong. | 看着我的眼睛 告诉我我说错了 |
[16:18] | God damn you, Mike. I–I knew it. | 该死的 迈克 我就知道 |
[16:20] | Jimmy–Jimmy! | 吉米 吉米 |
[16:21] | When we first started, | 在我们刚开始工作时 |
[16:21] | you begged me to help you save your career. | 你求我帮你保住你的饭碗 |
[16:23] | No, no, no, no, Mike. This is not the same thing. | 不不不不 迈克 这两件事可不一样 |
[16:25] | I-I could have gotten you disbarred. | 我本可以让你丢掉律师资格的 |
[16:27] | But it couldn’t have got me sent to jail, and you know it. | 但那不会让我进监狱 而你清楚这一点 |
[16:28] | I don’t care! All right? | 我不在乎 |
[16:30] | I need your help. | 我需要你的帮助 |
[16:31] | Mike, you are asking me to perjure myself, | 迈克 你在要求我作伪证 |
[16:33] | and I don’t even know who you are. | 而我甚至不了解你到底是个怎样的人 |
[16:35] | Yes, you do. | 不 你了解 |
[16:35] | I am the same guy you came to when your aunt needed help. | 我就是在你婶婶需要帮助时你求助的那个人 |
[16:40] | What? So I owe you for that too? | 怎么 那次也算我欠你的吗 |
[16:41] | Yeah, you do. | 没错 |
[16:42] | You and I both know if I get convicted, | 你我都清楚假如我被定罪了 |
[16:44] | that settlement’s gonna get reopened. | 那个和解协议就会被重新审理 |
[16:46] | Then why the hell did you take it, Mike? | 那你当时到底为什么要接受那个协议 迈克 |
[16:47] | Why? | 为什么 |
[16:52] | Jimmy, I took a shortcut, man. | 吉米 我当时走了捷径 |
[16:54] | Just like you took a shortcut once. | 就和你曾经也走过捷径一样 |
[16:57] | Now, if I could take it all back, I would, | 假如我能收回一切 我会的 |
[16:59] | but I can’t. | 但我做不到 |
[17:00] | And just like you begged me once, | 就和你曾经求过我一样 |
[17:02] | I am coming to you and begging you right now. | 我现在来找你 来求你 |
[17:04] | Please. | 拜托了 |
[17:06] | Please help me. | 求你帮帮我 |
[17:10] | No one in their right mind | 没有一个脑子正常的人 |
[17:12] | would do what you’re asking me to. | 会答应你求我做的事 |
[17:15] | That’s not true. | 并非如此 |
[17:16] | – Harold come to you? – Mm-hmm. | -哈罗德去找你了吗 -没错 |
[17:19] | But you know Harold | 但你知道哈罗德 |
[17:20] | won’t hold up on the stand and I would. | 在证人席上是撑不住的 但我可以 |
[17:22] | Right? | 是不是 |
[17:24] | – Jimmy, I need you– – Michael. | -吉米 我需要你… -迈克 |
[17:27] | Look, brother, I’m sorry. | 听着 兄弟 我很抱歉 |
[17:29] | I really wish I could help, | 我真的很希望自己能帮你 |
[17:30] | but I cannot risk going to prison for you. | 但我不能为你而冒进监狱的风险 |
[17:32] | I can’t. | 我做不到 |
[17:52] | Hello? | 喂 |
[17:52] | Louis, it’s me. | 路易 是我 |
[17:55] | Sheila, I explicitly told you, | 希拉 我明确告诉过你 |
[17:57] | “Do not call me until after the trial is over.” | “在打完官司前不要打电话给我” |
[17:58] | We can’t take any chances– | 我们不能冒任何险… |
[17:59] | Someone approached me, Louis. | 有人找到我了 路易 |
[18:01] | What do you mean someone approached you? | 什么叫有人找到你了 |
[18:03] | At my hotel. | 就在我住的酒店 |
[18:04] | I was in the lobby. | 我当时在大堂 |
[18:06] | A man came up to me and started talking. | 一个男人上来和我说话 |
[18:08] | He said he was from New York. | 他说是从纽约来的 |
[18:09] | He wanted to know how long I’d been | 想知道我计划去阿根廷旅行 |
[18:11] | planning a trip to Argentina. | 计划多久了 |
[18:13] | Then he asked how long I was planning on staying | 还问我打算待多久 |
[18:15] | and, finally, did anyone pay | 最后还问我 |
[18:17] | for my ticket to come down here? | 是否有人出钱让我来这儿 |
[18:18] | W-what did you tell him? | 那你是怎么回答他的 |
[18:20] | That it was none of his business. | 我说那不关他的事 |
[18:21] | Good. That was smart. | 很好 很聪明 |
[18:23] | You didn’t show them that they got to you. | 不能让他们觉得已经把你握在手心了 |
[18:24] | Louis, they did get to me. | 路易 他们已经把我握在手心了 |
[18:26] | Listen to me. | 听我说 |
[18:27] | They did not subpoena you, so you did nothing wrong. | 他们没传唤你 所以你没做错什么 |
[18:30] | You just took a trip. | 你只是旅个行而已 |
[18:32] | Now, if Gibbs can prove anyone did anything, it is me. | 就算吉布斯能咬定谁做了什么 那也是我 |
[18:35] | And I will do anything to protect you, okay? | 我会不惜一切保护你的 |
[18:39] | I’m sorry, Louis. I have to go. | 对不起 路易 我得挂了 |
[18:48] | I don’t believe you. | 难以置信 |
[18:49] | You’re calling Rachel as your first witness? | 你居然让瑞秋当第一个证人 |
[18:50] | I sure as hell am. | 没错 |
[18:52] | Gibbs can’t call Rachel. We took care of that. | 吉布斯传唤不了瑞秋 我们已经搞定这个了 |
[18:54] | We took care of her going out of bounds | 我们只让她没办法耍手段 |
[18:56] | to get Rachel to turn on you. | 让瑞秋指认你 |
[18:57] | We didn’t do anything to stop her calling Rachel | 没让她不能传唤瑞秋 |
[18:59] | to the stand, and you know it. | 出庭作证 你心里清楚 |
[19:00] | Fine, then I’m stipulating right now | 那我现在郑重声明 |
[19:02] | Rachel’s taking the fifth to any questions. | 对所有问题 瑞秋都引用第五修正案 |
[19:03] | Oh, bullshit. | 胡说 |
[19:04] | You know as well as I do, | 我们都知道 |
[19:05] | she can’t take the fifth to personal questions. | 私人问题上她没办法引用第五修正案 |
[19:07] | So you’re just gonna humiliate her | 所以你为了吓唬我 |
[19:09] | so you can rattle me? | 就要羞辱她吗 |
[19:10] | You’re damn right I am. | 你说对了 |
[19:11] | Gibbs is gonna do the exact same thing. | 吉布斯也会做同样的事 |
[19:13] | She is not gonna do that to Rachel | 她不会再陪审团面前 |
[19:14] | in front of a jury, because it will make her look like shit. | 羞辱瑞秋 因为那会让她自贬身价 |
[19:17] | She doesn’t care about that. | 她可不关心自己的身价 |
[19:18] | No, you’re the one that doesn’t care about that. | 不 不关心的人是你 |
[19:20] | ‘Cause this is no longer about what’s best for my case; | 因为这已经不是为我的案子着想了 |
[19:22] | it’s because you don’t want to lose to me. | 你是单纯的不想输给我 |
[19:24] | I’m not going to lose to you. | 我不会输给你 |
[19:25] | You know what, Harvey? I am– | 你知道吗 哈维 我… |
[19:26] | That’s enough. | 别吵了 |
[19:27] | While you two have been having your pissing contest, | 你们俩在这儿吵个没完的时候 |
[19:29] | I’ve been poring over discovery, | 我一直在翻旧文件 |
[19:31] | and I came across the class rankings from Mike’s first year. | 我发现了迈克大一的班级排名 |
[19:33] | Don’t tell me– he’s not on it. | 别告诉我上面没有他 |
[19:35] | – No, he’s not. – Doesn’t make any sense. | -确实没有 -这说不通 |
[19:37] | Yes, it does. | 说得通 |
[19:38] | Lola must not have covered all the bases. | 罗拉没改完所有文件 |
[19:40] | Then we need to get her to cover all the bases. | 那我们得让她都改完 |
[19:42] | Are you out of your mind? | 你疯了吗 |
[19:43] | You go to Lola, you lead Gibbs right to her, | 你去找罗拉 就把吉布斯引过去了 |
[19:45] | and this thing is over before it even gets started. | 这件事还没来得及开始就会结束 |
[19:48] | Okay, then we get Benjamin to do it. | 那我们让本杰明改 |
[19:49] | We are not letting another person in on your secret. | 不能再让别人知道你的秘密了 |
[19:52] | Well, then what do you suggest we do? | 那你觉得我们该怎么办 |
[19:53] | What we were gonna do with every other piece | 我们要搞定所有让我们 |
[19:54] | of evidence that makes us look like shit. | 看起来有罪的证据 |
[19:56] | We find a way to make it look like shit. | 让那些证据不堪一击 |
[19:58] | There is no way that Harvard accidentally forgets | 哈佛不可能碰巧忘了 |
[20:01] | to put a student on this list. | 给一个学生排名 |
[20:03] | I say we go to Benjamin. | 要我说就去找本杰明 |
[20:04] | And I say I’ll lock you in a room | 你要是再提这个 |
[20:05] | until this trial starts if you say that again. | 我就把你锁进小黑屋直到开庭 |
[20:11] | Then I guess whoever wins makes the call. | 看来只能胜者做决定了 |
[20:13] | You go to Benjamin behind my back before we’re done, | 要是还没分出胜负你就背着我去找本杰明 |
[20:17] | and you going to prison is gonna be | 那坐牢都算 |
[20:19] | the least of your problems. | 便宜你了 |
[20:30] | Mike, you like you’ve been through the wringer. | 迈克 你怎么像被痛扁了一顿似的 |
[20:33] | I have to ask you a question, and… | 我得问你个问题 |
[20:36] | I want you to tell me the truth. | 希望你诚实回答我 |
[20:38] | Well, of course. | 你问吧 |
[20:40] | Do you really think I should be the one up there | 你觉得我是该自己为自己辩护 |
[20:42] | fighting for my life, or do you think Harvey should be? | 还是让哈维为我辩护 |
[20:46] | I think that… | 我觉得 |
[20:49] | You’re the best person to make that call, | 只有你能做这个决定 |
[20:52] | And that whatever you decide, I’m with you 100%. | 无论你怎么决定 我都完全支持 |
[20:55] | Well, then I need to ask Benjamin to do something for us, | 那我得拜托本杰明为我们做件事 |
[20:58] | and Harvey is really not gonna like it. | 哈维肯定相当不满 |
[21:04] | Whatever it is, if you think we need to do it, | 不管什么事 只要你认为有必要 |
[21:08] | I’m with you. | 我就支持你 |
[21:13] | 哈佛大学毕业证书 迈克尔·詹姆斯·罗斯 | |
[21:19] | It’s done? | 已经搞定了 |
[21:21] | Yes. | 是的 |
[21:22] | It won’t hold up forever, but it will hold up for now. | 管不了一世 但顶得了一时 |
[21:26] | Thank you, Benjamin. I– | 谢谢 本杰明 |
[21:29] | I didn’t expect it for a couple of hours. | 我没想到这么快 |
[21:30] | I-I haven’t had a chance to get you any bacon. | 都没来得及给你弄点吃的 |
[21:32] | That’s quite all right, Michael. | 没关系 迈克尔 |
[21:34] | This one is on the house. | 这次算我请你 |
[21:40] | You know, you never asked if what | 你从没问过我 |
[21:41] | they’re saying about me is true. | 那些流言是不是真的 |
[21:44] | I didn’t need to. | 用不着问 |
[21:46] | I knew it was true the second I heard it. | 我一听就知道是真的 |
[21:48] | I don’t understand. | 我不明白 |
[21:49] | All these kids who went to Harvard, | 念过哈佛的那些孩子 |
[21:51] | They never gave me the time of day. | 他们从不在意我 |
[21:52] | All they cared about was letting me know | 他们只想让我知道 |
[21:54] | where they went to school and I didn’t. | 他们念过而我没念过的大学 |
[21:57] | You’ve never done that to me. | 你从没这么对我 |
[21:59] | Not one time. | 一次都没有 |
[22:01] | I–I don’t know what to say. | 我不知道该说什么 |
[22:03] | Say that when you’re done and you’ve beaten this thing, | 就说等你搞定这件事之后 |
[22:08] | You won’t start acting like some asshole who went to harvard. | 你不会开始像那些念过哈佛的人一样混蛋 |
[22:11] | Well, I mean, can’t really promise you that, Benjamin. | 这个真没法保证 本杰明 |
[22:15] | I’ll have gone to Harvard. | 我就要念过哈佛了 |
[22:17] | That’s not funny, Michael. | 一点不好笑 迈克尔 |
[22:31] | Is the prosecution ready to call its next witness? | 检方准备好传唤下一位证人了吗 |
[22:34] | Prosecution calls Rachel Zane. | 检方传唤瑞秋·赞恩 |
[22:36] | Objection. | 反对 |
[22:37] | Your Honor, the witness cannot object to testifying | 法官大人 证人不能因为要引用第五修正案 |
[22:40] | simply because she intends to take the fifth. | 就随便拒绝作证 |
[22:41] | The witness doesn’t have to testify because she’s my wife. | 证人不需要作证是因为她是我的妻子 |
[22:44] | What? | 什么 |
[22:45] | I have a marriage certificate here | 我这里有份内华达州的 |
[22:46] | from the state of Nevada showing that | 结婚证明能表明 |
[22:48] | the witness and I were married in Las Vegas | 证人和我在交往六周后 |
[22:50] | six weeks after we started dating. | 就在拉斯维加斯结婚了 |
[22:52] | Both of you up here, now. | 你们俩都过来 |
[22:55] | Where the hell did you get that? | 你到底从哪儿弄来的证明 |
[22:56] | What do you mean? | 什么意思 |
[22:56] | You didn’t marry her, and you know it. | 你明知道你没娶她 |
[22:58] | Then why do I have everything I need proving I did? | 那我怎么会有娶了她的证明 |
[22:59] | Because you did some bullshit to get out of this. | 因为你耍了手段 |
[23:01] | Oh, look who’s crying about it now. | 看看谁要哭了 |
[23:03] | Keep your voices down. | 你们都小点声 |
[23:04] | You think this is a joke? | 你当这是玩笑吗 |
[23:05] | You try this in court, | 你要是在法庭上用这招 |
[23:07] | Gibbs is gonna prove you’re not married, | 吉布斯会证明你没结婚 |
[23:09] | and Rachel’s gonna go to jail for perjury. | 瑞秋就要因伪造罪坐牢了 |
[23:10] | He’s right; you better know what the hell you’re doing. | 他说的没错 你最好清楚自己在做什么 |
[23:12] | Who said that I was gonna use this in the real trial? | 谁说我要在真正的法庭上用这个了 |
[23:14] | I get it. This is a fake, just like you. | 我懂了 这是假的 就像你一样 |
[23:16] | I said keep your goddamn voice down. | 我让你小点声 |
[23:17] | This is as real as that affidavit was, okay? | 这份证明和那份证词一样真 |
[23:19] | Now, you wanted to rattle me; I’ve rattled you. | 你想打败我吗 我现在已经打败你了 |
[23:23] | What are you gonna do about it? | 你能怎么办 |
[23:25] | Prosecution calls Rachel Zane to the stand. | 检方传唤瑞秋·赞恩作证 |
[23:27] | Objection. We just went over this. | 反对 我们刚已经说清楚了 |
[23:28] | When spousal privilege is invoked in the moment, | 当涉及配偶特权时 |
[23:31] | prosecution has the right to challenge | 检方有权挑战 |
[23:34] | the validity of the marriage. | 这段婚姻的真实性 |
[23:35] | – This is ridiculous. – Objection overruled. | -这真是荒唐 -反对无效 |
[23:37] | Ms. Zane, take the stand. | 赞恩小姐 请出庭作证 |
[23:39] | We can skip swearing her in | 我们可以跳过让她宣誓那部分 |
[23:40] | since she’s just gonna lie about it, anyway. | 反正她也不会说真话 |
[23:42] | Objection! | 反对 |
[23:43] | Ms. Zane, if you got married six weeks after dating the defendant, | 赞恩小姐 若你和被告在约会六周后就结婚了 |
[23:48] | why are you engaged to him right now? | 为什么现在又和他订婚了呢 |
[23:50] | Because we did it on a whim. | 那时候只是一时兴起 |
[23:51] | And we had planned to have an annulment, | 而且我们也打算要撤销的 |
[23:53] | but once we fell more in love, we thought that it | 但后来我们越来越相爱 我们觉得 |
[23:57] | might be wonderful to reveal it to our families | 或许等再结婚了再告诉家人们 |
[23:59] | after we were married again. | 也是个不错的主意 |
[24:00] | And how, exactly, did it go | 那你们第一次结婚的时候 |
[24:01] | when you got married the first time? | 具体是个什么情形呢 |
[24:02] | We were in Las Vegas– | 我们当时是在拉斯维加斯 |
[24:04] | Yeah, yeah, I don’t give a shit where you were. | 我没兴趣知道你们在哪里 |
[24:05] | What color was your dress? What color was the cake? | 你的婚纱是什么颜色的 蛋糕又是什么颜色的 |
[24:08] | – Objection. – Who was there? | -反对 -当时有谁在场 |
[24:09] | – Were there any witnesses? – Your Honor, he’s badgering– | -有任何证人吗 -法官大人 他骚扰证人 |
[24:10] | Who were the witnesses? And what goddamn time was it? | 都有谁看到了 而且具体是几点 |
[24:12] | Your honor, get him off of her! | 法官大人 让他下来 |
[24:14] | – Harvey… – Tell me right now. | -哈维 -现在就告诉我 |
[24:15] | Let the witness answer. | 让证人先回答 |
[24:18] | The dress was white. | 婚纱是白色的 |
[24:20] | And the cake was vanilla with a buttercream frosting. | 蛋糕是香草味的 上面撒着奶油糖霜 |
[24:23] | It was a small ceremony at around 10:00 p.m. | 典礼很小 大概在晚上10点左右 |
[24:26] | And I remember the man who married us | 我还记得那个为我们证婚的人 |
[24:29] | like it was yesterday | 一切都如昨日般清晰 |
[24:30] | because it was the most special day of my life. | 因为那是我一生中最特别的一天 |
[24:34] | And when you came up with this story, | 那当你编这个故事的时候 |
[24:35] | did Mr. Ross at least give you the courtesy of | 罗斯先生有没有至少给你自由发挥的权利 |
[24:37] | letting you make up your own memories of your supposedly sacred day? | 让你自己编你那所谓的神圣的一天 |
[24:40] | Objection. | 反对 |
[24:41] | Since, if he represents himself at trial, | 既然 他选择在庭审中自己打辩护 |
[24:43] | you won’t have a real wedding for at least two to five years. | 你可能在未来的两到五年里都不会有婚礼了 |
[24:46] | Harvey. | 哈维 |
[24:47] | And I’ve got one more question: | 我还有一个问题 |
[24:48] | Did you vow to remain faithful to Mr. Ross | 你有没有发誓在整段婚姻中 |
[24:52] | throughout your marriage? | 都对罗斯先生忠贞不渝 |
[24:53] | Yes, I did. | 是的 我说过 |
[24:54] | Yeah, then I guess when you cheated on him | 那我猜当你背着他跟洛根·桑德斯 |
[24:56] | with Logan Sanders, it means you lied to him | 偷情的时候 就说明你在那个 |
[24:59] | at that non-existent ceremony, | 根本不存在的典礼上说的是假话 |
[25:01] | just like you’re lying to all of us right now. | 就像你现在在骗我们一样 |
[25:03] | That’s enough. | 够了 |
[25:05] | If you want to bring more outside information | 如果你想用更多的无关消息 |
[25:07] | to dispute this marriage, feel free, but for right now… | 来反驳这桩婚事的话 请自便 但现在 |
[25:12] | this witness is excused. | 证人可以离席了 |
[25:23] | Louis, whatever it is, it’s going to have to wait. | 路易 不管什么事 等下再说 |
[25:25] | No, it’s not gonna wait, | 不行 等不了了 |
[25:26] | because you said you’d take care of Gibbs. | 因为你说过你会搞定吉布斯的 |
[25:28] | I did take care of Gibbs. | 我的确有搞定吉布斯啊 |
[25:29] | Well, then why the hell did someone from her office | 那为什么她办公室里有人 |
[25:31] | contact Sheila in Argentina? | 联系了身在阿根廷的希拉 |
[25:33] | Louis, they’re just trying to scare you. | 路易 他们只是在吓唬你罢了 |
[25:35] | And even if she tells them everything, | 而且就算她和盘托出 |
[25:37] | you did nothing wrong with Sheila. | 你也没做错什么 |
[25:39] | What about what we did with Mike? | 那迈克的事呢 |
[25:41] | The only proof they’ll ever have that we knew about mike | 他们唯一能证明我们知道迈克的事的证据 |
[25:44] | is if we tell them. | 就是我们自己亲口承认 |
[25:45] | And when they ask me, I’m going to take the Fifth, | 如果他们问到我 我就引用第五修正案 |
[25:48] | and you are going to do the same thing. | 你也是如此 |
[25:50] | That is not good enough. | 这还不够好 |
[25:51] | I don’t want to take the Fifth. | 我不想引用第五修正案 |
[25:52] | – Excuse me? – You heard me. | -你说什么 -你听到了的 |
[25:53] | You get called first, you get up there, | 你先被传唤 你先上庭 |
[25:56] | and you look them straight in the eye, | 你看着他们的眼睛 |
[25:57] | and you tell them Mike went to Harvard. | 你告诉他们迈克上了哈佛 |
[25:59] | It was your decision to hire him, | 是你决定雇的他 |
[26:01] | and you stand by it 100%. | 而且你绝对坚持这个决定 |
[26:03] | What’s going on? | 发生什么事了 |
[26:03] | What’s going on is that Jessica’s happy asking me | 事情就是杰西卡让我干扰证人时 |
[26:06] | to witness tamper, but when it comes to her | 倒是很轻松 轮到她自己上庭了 |
[26:08] | getting on the stand, she won’t– | 她倒不 |
[26:09] | Witness tamper? What did you have him do? | 干扰证人 你让他干什么了 |
[26:11] | She had me move Sheila out of the country. | 她让我把希拉弄出国去 |
[26:12] | Are you crazy? | 你疯了吗 |
[26:13] | Look, I did what I had to do. | 我只是做了我必须做的事 |
[26:14] | Then why won’t you do what you have to do for me? | 那你怎么不为我做点必须做的事 |
[26:16] | Because if I did that, it would open me up to perjury. | 因为如果我做了 那我就有作伪证之嫌了 |
[26:19] | If Mike gets convicted, | 如果迈克真的被判有罪 |
[26:20] | what does it matter if you perjure yourself? | 你作个伪证又有什么关系 |
[26:21] | Both of you be quiet. | 都给我闭嘴 |
[26:22] | Look who’s coming. | 看看谁来了 |
[26:24] | Look who it is. The Three Musketeers. | 看看都是谁啊 三个火枪手啊 |
[26:27] | And we happen to be in the middle of a meeting. | 我们正在开会 |
[26:29] | That’s okay; I just dropped by to let you know | 没关系 我只是来提醒一下 |
[26:30] | it looks like the trial’s been moved up till tomorrow. | 好像庭审被提前到明天了 |
[26:32] | What the hell did you do? | 你干了什么 |
[26:34] | I went to the judge, and I said, “Your Honor, | 我去找了法官 我说 法官大人 |
[26:36] | “I’d like to start this thing before | 我想在我仅有的证人都消失前 |
[26:37] | every single witness I have disappears.” | 开始这场庭审 |
[26:39] | No way she granted this without us present. | 没有我们在场她是不可能同意的 |
[26:41] | Oh, you can fight it, if you want. | 你可以争取一下 如果你想的话 |
[26:43] | We’ll wait for Ms. Sazs to finish her trip. | 我们可以等到赛斯女士旅游完回来 |
[26:47] | Oh, Mr. Litt seems upset about that. | 对此利特先生看起来很不安呢 |
[26:50] | Looks like the wedge I’m driving between you | 看来我对你们使的离间计 |
[26:52] | is starting to work. | 开始起作用了 |
[26:56] | Your wedge hasn’t done shit. | 你的离间计屁用没有 |
[27:01] | And I’m gonna tell you something else. | 我再告诉你一件事 |
[27:03] | You put me on that stand, | 你让我上庭 |
[27:05] | and I will look the jury straight in the eye | 我就看着陪审团的眼睛 |
[27:08] | and tell them that Mike Ross is the best | 明明白白地告诉他们迈克·罗斯是 |
[27:10] | goddamn Harvard-educated attorney I have ever met. | 我遇到过哈佛教出的最好的律师 |
[27:13] | I hired him. | 是我雇了他 |
[27:15] | It was my decision, and I stand by it 100%. | 是我的决定 而且我绝对坚持该决定 |
[27:18] | And everyone that comes after me | 而我之后的每个人 |
[27:20] | will say the same thing. | 都会说一样的话 |
[27:28] | You think she bought that? | 你觉得她吃你这一套吗 |
[27:29] | I don’t care if she bought it or not. | 管她吃不吃呢 |
[27:31] | I wasn’t bluffing. | 我不是虚张声势 |
[27:32] | And you and Mike better figure out | 你和迈克最好想想 |
[27:33] | what the hell you’re going to do | 到底该怎么做 |
[27:34] | because the trial starts tomorrow. | 因为明天就开庭了 |
[27:45] | What a coincidence running into you here | 一周在这儿碰到你两次 |
[27:46] | twice in one week. | 真巧啊 |
[27:48] | You can skip trying to cheer me up, | 鼓励就算了 |
[27:49] | because it’s not gonna work. | 反正也不管用 |
[27:51] | – Rachel– – I don’t want to hear it. | -瑞秋 -我不想听 |
[27:54] | He humiliated me in front of the entire firm. | 他在整个律所的人面前羞辱我 |
[27:58] | Yeah, he did. | 是的 |
[27:59] | But you weren’t sure if Mike could handle this or not. | 但你不能确定迈克能不能撑得住 |
[28:01] | And at least now, if he can’t, | 至少现在 如果他真不行 |
[28:05] | you won’t have to be the one to tell him. | 你可以不做那个去告诉他此事的恶人 |
[28:07] | That is so easy for you to say, because you have no idea | 这话你说起来容易 因为你根本不知道 |
[28:09] | what it felt like to go through that. | 经历这一切是什么样的感受 |
[28:10] | You’re wrong. | 你错了 |
[28:10] | I know exactly what it feels like. | 我确确实实地知道那是什么感觉 |
[28:13] | What are you talking about? | 你是指什么 |
[28:15] | Try to imagine how he treated me when I left him for Louis. | 想象一下当我弃他投奔路易时他是怎么对我的 |
[28:20] | Maybe you do know. | 或许你真的懂 |
[28:21] | Yeah. I do. | 是的 我懂 |
[28:25] | And… | 而且 |
[28:28] | I also know that, like nobody else, | 我还知道 无人能及地 |
[28:32] | Harvey has this ability | 哈维有这个能力 |
[28:33] | to just shut off and not see you as a person anymore. | 屏蔽一切 不再把你当人看 |
[28:39] | Well, that ability makes me sick. | 这能力真是让我郁闷 |
[28:42] | It’s also probably one of the things | 这可能也是他成功的 |
[28:43] | that makes him such a great lawyer. | 因素之一吧 |
[28:53] | – What are you doing here? – We got a problem. | -你来干什么 -我们有麻烦了 |
[28:58] | You mean besides what you did today? | 你是说除了你今天的行为吗 |
[29:00] | – Mike, listen to me. – No, you listen to me. | -迈克 听我说 -不 你听我说 |
[29:02] | – That was over the line– – The trial starts tomorrow. | -那真的是太过分了 -明天开庭 |
[29:04] | What? | 什么 |
[29:06] | No. Gibbs can’t do that. | 不 吉布斯做不到的 |
[29:08] | Technically she can’t, | 严格来说她的确不行 |
[29:09] | But trust me, we don’t have a leg to stand on. | 但相信我 我们也没有站得住脚的理由反对 |
[29:12] | Fine. | 好吧 |
[29:13] | Then I’m filing the motion to be my own attorney. | 那我就提交申请由我自行辩护 |
[29:15] | – Mike–no. – I don’t want to hear it. | -迈克 -我不想听 |
[29:16] | You didn’t beat me, all right? | 你没有打败我 好吗 |
[29:17] | So you can be second chair or no chair, but I am first chair. | 你可以作第二辩护人或不为我辩护 但我要当首席辩护人 |
[29:20] | God damn it, Mike. | 该死的 迈克 |
[29:21] | You don’t know what you’re doing. | 你不知道你在干什么 |
[29:22] | Do you really think I’m gonna let you | 在你对瑞秋痛下狠手之后 |
[29:23] | protect me after what you did to Rachel today? | 你真的以为我会让你来保护我吗 |
[29:25] | I did that to Rachel for you, | 我对瑞秋毫不留情全是为了你 |
[29:26] | and if you can’t see that, you can’t win this trial. | 如果你连这都看不透 你不能赢这场庭审 |
[29:28] | I can, and I will! | 我能 而且我会 |
[29:30] | That’s enough! | 够了 |
[29:33] | Rachel, it’s fine. I can handle this. | 瑞秋 没事儿 我能解决这事儿 |
[29:35] | I don’t care. I don’t want you to handle this. | 我不在乎 我不想让你来处理此事 |
[29:42] | What? | 什么 |
[29:45] | You said you were with me 100%. | 你说过你百分之百支持我 |
[29:46] | Was that a lie? | 那是谎话吗 |
[29:47] | No, but what Harvey had to do to me today was brutal, | 不是 只是哈维今天对我做的一切太残忍 |
[29:50] | and whoever ends up representing you has to do | 不管最终由谁为你辩护 |
[29:52] | the same thing to Trevor. | 都会对特雷弗做相同的事 |
[29:53] | You don’t think I can do the same thing to Trevor? | 你觉得我不能对特雷弗做出相同的事吗 |
[29:55] | I know you can. | 我知道你能 |
[29:58] | But I hated Harvey while he was doing it to me, | 但是当哈维质证我时 我很讨厌他 |
[30:01] | and they’re going to hate you | 而你质证特雷弗时 |
[30:03] | while you’re doing it to Trevor. | 他们也会讨厌你 |
[30:05] | And, Mike, we can’t have the jury hating you, | 而且 迈克 我们不能让陪审团讨厌你 |
[30:09] | but we can let them hate Harvey. | 但是我们可以让他们讨厌哈维 |
[30:18] | Mr. Evans, is it true that you were living with Mr. Ross | 埃文斯先生 在罗斯先生声称他就读于哈佛大学期间 |
[30:21] | in and around the time he claims to have attended Harvard? | 你确实跟他住在一起是吗 |
[30:24] | Yes, we shared an apartment | 没错 我们共住一间公寓 |
[30:25] | at 5307 Huntington Boulevard in Brooklyn. | 地址是布鲁克林区亨廷顿达到5307号 |
[30:27] | And how exactly did he pay his rent? | 他是如何支付他的房租呢 |
[30:30] | He worked as a bike messenger and made money on the side | 他找了一份邮递员的差事 然后又做了一份兼职 |
[30:32] | taking the LSATs for people. | 专替别人参加法学院入学考试 |
[30:34] | Oh, wait, I’m confused. | 等一下 我有点糊涂了 |
[30:36] | Why would he have to resort to that | 他为何要依靠那种手段谋生 |
[30:38] | if he were a college graduate? | 如果他是一名大学毕业生 |
[30:39] | Because he wasn’t a college graduate. | 因为他不是大学生毕业生 |
[30:41] | What? | 什么 |
[30:43] | You mean he never graduated from college? | 你是说他没有从大学毕业吗 |
[30:45] | No, he was kicked out of college for cheating on a test. | 对 他因为考试作弊而被学校开除 |
[30:50] | Well, isn’t it possible | 这样啊 那有没有可能 |
[30:52] | that while he was living with you, | 在你和他住在一起时 |
[30:55] | he went back to school and completed his degree? | 他又回到了学校 然后完成了他的学业 |
[30:59] | Well, I don’t see how, since most of his spare time | 我不知道他怎么办到那点 因为他的大部分空闲时间 |
[31:01] | was spent sitting around smoking weed with me. | 都花在和我一起吸大麻上 |
[31:03] | Well, let me get this straight. | 让我来理理思路 |
[31:05] | Before he was employed at Pearson Specter, | 在他被皮尔逊-斯佩克特雇佣之前 |
[31:08] | to the best of your knowledge, he worked as | 你所清楚知道的是 他从事了一份 |
[31:10] | a bike messenger and a part-time LSAT imposter? | 邮递员的工作 还兼职替他人参加法学院入学考试 |
[31:15] | Yes. | 没错 |
[31:17] | One last question, Mr. Evans. | 最后一个问题 埃文斯先生 |
[31:19] | Is it at all possible that Mike Ross | 有没有一丝可能迈克·罗斯 |
[31:21] | ever attended Harvard law school? | 曾经在哈佛大学法学院上过学 |
[31:27] | Not unless they had a satellite campus at | 除非他们在布鲁克林区亨廷顿大道5307号 |
[31:28] | 5307 Huntington Boulevard in Brooklyn. | 建了分校 |
[31:35] | No more questions, your honor. | 问题问完了 法官大人 |
[31:37] | Given that you smoked all this pot, Mr. Evans, | 由于你吸食大麻 埃文斯先生 |
[31:39] | isn’t it possible that if Mike Ross commuted one day | 有没有可能迈克·罗斯一周一次 |
[31:41] | a week to Harvard law that you might not remember that? | 前往哈佛大学法学院读书 而你又不记得那天 |
[31:44] | I’d remember. | 我记得 |
[31:45] | Yeah, maybe you would, but you’d lie | 没错 或许你记得 但是不管怎样 |
[31:46] | through your teeth about it anyway, wouldn’t you? | 你都会对那件事撒谎 对吗 |
[31:48] | Objection. | 反对 |
[31:49] | Mr. Evans, isn’t it true that you’re a long-time | 埃文斯先生 你是不是一名长期的毒品贩子 |
[31:51] | drug dealer and your testimony today is only happening | 而你今天之所以会在此作证 |
[31:54] | because you signed a deal with Ms. Gibbs giving you immunity? | 全是因为你和吉布斯达成协议 她会给你豁免权 |
[31:58] | Doesn’t mean I’m lying. | 那也不表示我在撒谎 |
[31:59] | Because you wouldn’t lie | 你不会撒谎 |
[31:59] | just to get out of going to prison? | 是因为你不想进监狱吗 |
[32:01] | No, I would not. | 对 我不会 |
[32:02] | Well, how about if the other reason was to get back | 那你觉得另外一个理由怎么样 |
[32:04] | at someone you’ve been jealous of your entire life? | 你这样做是为了报复你这辈子都嫉妒的人 |
[32:07] | I’ve never been jealous of Mike Ross in my entire life. | 我这辈子从未嫉妒过迈克·罗斯 |
[32:09] | And I just caught you in a lie. | 我正好发现你在撒谎 |
[32:10] | Objection, your honor. | 反对 法官大人 |
[32:12] | Mr. Evans, my next move is gonna be to call | 埃文斯先生 我下一步将要传唤 |
[32:14] | Jenny Griffith to the stand, | 珍妮·格里菲思出庭 |
[32:16] | and she’s gonna testify that you lied to her for years | 她将会证实你关于毒品交易一事 |
[32:19] | about dealing, and when she found out about it, | 对她撒了数年的谎 当她发现时 |
[32:22] | she left you for Mike Ross. | 她离开了你 和迈克·罗斯在一起了 |
[32:23] | Objection. Badgering. | 反对 纠缠证人 |
[32:24] | She’s also gonna say that you were jealous of his mind | 她还会说你嫉妒他的头脑 |
[32:27] | your entire life, and when you found out | 你这辈都在嫉妒 当你发现 |
[32:30] | that she left you for him, you were as jealous | 她离开你而和他在一起时 |
[32:33] | as a human being can be. | 你的嫉妒达到了人类的极限 |
[32:34] | – Now, is that true or not? – Your Honor. | -那是真是假 -法官大人 |
[32:36] | Let me rephrase. | 让我换个说法 |
[32:37] | Is Ms. Griffith going to be perjuring herself or are you? | 是格里菲思女士会做伪证 还是你 |
[32:42] | Yeah, I was jealous of him. | 没错 我嫉妒他 |
[32:45] | And if he lied about all of that, what’s to make us believe | 如果他对那件事都撒谎 还有什么能够让我们相信 |
[32:48] | that he wasn’t lying about everything else? | 他没有对其他事情撒谎呢 |
[32:54] | No further questions, Your Honor. | 没有问题了 法官大人 |
[33:02] | Your honor, prosecution calls Donna Paulsen to the stand. | 法官大人 控诉方传唤唐娜·鲍尔森出席 |
[33:10] | Don’t worry, Donna. | 别担心 唐娜 |
[33:12] | She won’t ask you point-blank if you knew Mike was a fraud. | 她不会直截了当地问你是否知道迈克是骗子 |
[33:16] | What if she does? | 如果她这样问呢 |
[33:19] | If you lie, | 如果你撒谎 |
[33:21] | they’ll never know. | 他们永远不会知道 |
[33:30] | Ms. Paulsen, it’s my understanding that you arranged | 鲍尔森女士 据我所知是你安排 |
[33:33] | Mr. Specter’s interviews for the position currently filled | 斯佩克特先生的那场面试 而面试的职务目前正由 |
[33:36] | by Michael Ross. | 迈克尔·罗斯担任 |
[33:37] | Is that correct? | 对吗 |
[33:38] | I assisted in the process, yes. | 我协助了面试过程 没错 |
[33:39] | Did you find it suspicious that Mr. Ross | 你有没有觉得罗斯先生的第一学年成绩 |
[33:41] | wasn’t listed on the Harvard class ranking from his first year? | 并没有列入哈佛大学班级排名中这点很可疑 |
[33:45] | – No, I didn’t. – And why is that? | -我没有 -为什么 |
[33:46] | Because I’ve never been on any class ranking, | 因为我从未被列入任何班级排名上 |
[33:48] | and I’m the best legal secretary in the city. | 而且我现在是本市里最出色的律师秘书 |
[33:51] | Wow, that’s a quippy response, Ms. Paulsen. | 哇 真是一个巧妙的回答 鲍尔森女士 |
[33:53] | But if you were so good at your job, how would you | 但是如果你如此擅长你的工作 那你怎会 |
[33:55] | allow someone who wasn’t even on the interview list | 允许一个没有出现在面试名单上的人 |
[33:57] | to get in a room alone with Harvey Specter? | 走进房间单独和哈维·斯佩克特待在一起 |
[34:00] | I’m sure you’ll recognize this list. | 我敢肯定你记得这张名单 |
[34:01] | After all, you typed it up. | 不管怎么样 是你打印的 |
[34:04] | And it looks like his name isn’t on this one either. | 而且看起来他的名字也没有出现在这张名单上 |
[34:07] | No, he wasn’t on the list, but he was smart enough | 对 他不在名单上 但是他足够机灵 |
[34:09] | to talk to his way in, | 仅凭几句话就进去了 |
[34:10] | which is what a good lawyer does and exactly | 这正是一名优秀律师所做的 |
[34:13] | what I was looking for. | 而且也正是我要找的人 |
[34:14] | How exactly did he talk his way in? | 他到底说了什么就进去了 |
[34:18] | Answer the question, Ms. Paulsen. | 回答问题 鲍尔森女士 |
[34:21] | He took someone else’s spot. | 他顶替了别人的位置 |
[34:23] | You mean he said he was someone else. | 你是指他说是他是别人 |
[34:26] | You’re under oath, Ms. Paulsen. | 你宣过誓 鲍尔森女士 |
[34:27] | May I remind you that perjury carries a sentence | 要我提醒你作伪证会被判刑 |
[34:30] | of up to five years? | 最高五年的监禁吗 |
[34:32] | Did he say he was someone else? | 他是不是说他是别人 |
[34:36] | – He said he was Rick Sorkin. – Ha. | -他说他是里克·苏尔钦 -哼 |
[34:39] | So your first introduction to Mr. Ross was as an imposter? | 所以你初见罗斯先生时 他就是个骗子 |
[34:42] | I didn’t say that. | 我没这样说 |
[34:43] | You said he lied about what his name was. | 你说过他对他的名字撒谎 |
[34:45] | That makes him an imposter. | 那他就是骗子 |
[34:48] | Are you going to recant your testimony? | 你是要撤销你的证词吗 |
[34:51] | Don’t look at him. | 别看着他 |
[34:56] | No, I’m not recanting. | 不 我不撤销 |
[34:58] | All right. | 那就好 |
[34:59] | So now we’ve established that Mr. Ross is a liar. | 所以现在我们已经确定罗斯先生是个骗子 |
[35:03] | And now we’re gonna find out if you’re a liar. | 那现在我们就要查明你是不是骗子 |
[35:07] | So, Ms. Paulsen, | 所以 鲍尔森女士 |
[35:09] | To the best of your knowledge, | 据你所知 |
[35:11] | did Mike Ross go to Harvard law school or not? | 迈克·罗斯有没有到哈佛大学法学院上过学 |
[35:24] | I’d like to assert my Fifth Amendment Right. | 我要使用宪法第五修正案赋予我的权利 |
[35:32] | Don’t feel bad, Ms. Paulsen. | 别不好受 鲍尔森女士 |
[35:35] | I’m sure others will do the same thing too… | 我敢肯定其他人也会做相同的事情… |
[35:39] | Because… | 因为… |
[35:41] | The defense cannot produce one person | 辩护人不能提供任何证人 |
[35:45] | who can place Mike Ross at Harvard Law. | 以证明迈克·罗斯曾在哈佛法学院学习 |
[35:52] | The witness could be excused, Your Honor. | 我的问题问完了 法官大人 |
[35:55] | I think we’ve heard all we need to hear. | 我认为我们已经听够了 |
[36:10] | Defense would like to call Jimmy Kirkwood to the stand. | 被告申请传唤吉米·柯克伍德出庭作证 |
[36:13] | Objection. | 反对 |
[36:13] | His name was not on the witness list. | 他不在证人名单上 |
[36:15] | Rebuttal witness. | 反证证人 |
[36:16] | She just said we can’t produce someone who places | 她刚才说我们找不到任何人证明 |
[36:18] | Mike at Harvard, and I say we can. | 迈克上过哈佛 我说我们可以 |
[36:20] | Your Honor– | 法官大人 |
[36:21] | Mr. Specter is within his rights. | 斯佩克特先生有他的权利 |
[36:22] | Mr. Kirkwood can take the stand. | 柯克伍德先生可以作证 |
[36:25] | How did you know he’d testify? | 你怎么知道他愿意作证 |
[36:27] | I didn’t until just now. | 刚知道 |
[36:34] | Well, when I first met Mike, I thought, | 我刚认识迈克时 就在想 |
[36:38] | “Who is this asshole | “这个平时从不出现 |
[36:40] | “Who only ever shows up for tests?” | 只来参加考试的混蛋是谁啊” |
[36:42] | Cockiest son of a bitch I ever saw. | 他是我见过最傲慢的贱人 |
[36:44] | But then I really got to know Mike when we were arguing | 但之后在吉拉德教授的课上争论一个道德问题时 |
[36:46] | over an ethics question in professor Gerard’s class. | 我真的认识了迈克 |
[36:50] | Should a lawyer who’s crossed a line | 一个越过界的律师 |
[36:52] | be given a second chance? | 应该得到第二次机会吗 |
[36:54] | I didn’t think so, but Mike did, | 我觉得不应该 但迈克意见相反 |
[36:56] | and that’s when I realized that Mike Ross has more integrity | 那时我意识到 迈克·罗斯的小指头里 |
[37:00] | and compassion in his little finger | 存有的正直和同情心 |
[37:01] | than any other lawyer I’ve ever met. | 比我见过的任何一个律师都多 |
[37:03] | And if I was on trial for my life, | 如果我面临性命攸关的审判 |
[37:05] | There’s no one I’d rather have on my side | 我希望站在我身边的 |
[37:07] | than my fellow Harvard alum Mike Ross. | 除了我的哈佛同学迈克·罗斯外 没有别人 |
[37:10] | Just so we’re 100% clear, | 我们说清楚些 |
[37:12] | was Mike Ross a student at Harvard Law School with you? | 迈克·罗斯是跟你一起上的哈佛法学院吗 |
[37:16] | Yes, he was. | 是的 |
[37:17] | No further questions, Your Honor. | 没有其他问题了 法官大人 |
[37:21] | Now we’ve heard enough. | 我们现在听够了 |
[37:24] | Ms. Gibbs, I’ll give you 24 hours to prepare for cross. | 吉布斯女士 我给你24小时准备交叉质询 |
[37:26] | Oh, I don’t need 24 hours, Your Honor. | 我不需要24小时 法官大人 |
[37:28] | Mr. Kirkwood, isn’t it true that two days ago, | 柯克伍德先生 两天前 |
[37:31] | Mr. Ross contacted you on the street outside of your Office | 罗斯先生有没有在你办公室外见你 |
[37:34] | and the two of you got into a heated argument? | 而你们发生了激烈的争吵 |
[37:36] | I have the pictures. Would you like to see them? | 我有照片 你想看看吗 |
[37:40] | Yes, it’s true. | 是这样 |
[37:42] | And isn’t it also true that Mike Ross | 那是不是几月前迈克·罗斯 |
[37:44] | got your aunt a large settlement several months ago, | 曾帮你婶婶获得一大笔和解金 |
[37:46] | and if he gets convicted, it’s likely | 如果他被判有罪 |
[37:47] | that that settlement gets overturned? | 很可能那次和解会被推翻 |
[37:49] | Objection. Calls for speculation. | 反对 要求证人推测 |
[37:50] | He’s a Harvard Lawyer. He’s qualified to speculate. | 他是哈佛毕业的律师 他有能力做推测 |
[37:52] | – Overruled. – No, you’re right. | -反对无效 -不 你说得对 |
[37:55] | It’d probably get overturned, | 和解可能被推翻 |
[37:57] | but if you think that’s why I said what I said, | 但你要认为我说这些话是为那个 |
[37:59] | then obviously you don’t know me. | 那你明显不了解我 |
[38:00] | So Trevor Evans could lie because he’s jealous, | 特雷弗·埃文斯可以因嫉妒而说谎 |
[38:03] | but you wouldn’t lie for your aunt? | 你就不可能为婶婶而骗人吗 |
[38:05] | I’m not lying for my aunt. | 我不是为我婶婶说谎 |
[38:06] | But you are lying, because a person | 但你确实在说谎 因为说真话的人 |
[38:08] | who’s telling the truth wouldn’t say they’re lying at all. | 绝对不会说自己在说谎 |
[38:11] | Objection. Testifying. | 反对 律师自行作证 |
[38:12] | You Honor, I’ve had enough of this witness. | 法官大人 这位证人我问完了 |
[38:15] | He’s excused. | 他可以下庭了 |
[38:16] | And the prosecution rests. | 公诉就此结束 |
[38:25] | Donna. | 唐娜 |
[38:26] | Come in. | 进来 |
[38:29] | What can I do for you? | 有什么需要帮忙的吗 |
[38:29] | I’m actually here to see Mike. | 我其实是来见迈克的 |
[38:31] | Mike’s not here. | 迈克不在 |
[38:32] | He went to go and see Harvey. | 他去见哈维了 |
[38:36] | – Look, is this about– – It is about today. | -是关于… -关于今天的事 |
[38:38] | Donna, I– | 唐娜 我… |
[38:39] | You know, I always talk like nothing can get to me. | 我总是说没什么能难住我 |
[38:43] | Well, it did today. | 但今天我被难住了 |
[38:45] | I crumbled up there, and I hurt Mike’s case. | 我在庭上崩溃了 伤到了迈克的案子 |
[38:50] | And I’m ashamed of myself, and I don’t know what to do. | 我为自己而羞愧 而又不知道该怎么办 |
[38:53] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[38:55] | Here’s what you’re gonna do. It’s okay. | 没事 我告诉你应该做什么 |
[38:57] | You are going to sit down with me | 你要跟我坐下来 |
[39:01] | and have a glass of wine | 喝杯酒 |
[39:05] | and relax. | 放松 |
[39:07] | Because juries aren’t stupid, and they aren’t allowed | 因为陪审团不傻 他们也不被允许 |
[39:10] | to infer anything from what you said, so they won’t. | 受你说的话影响 所以他们不会被影响 |
[39:15] | Harvey, I got to tell you, I think we got ’em. | 哈维 我得跟你说 我觉得我们搞定他们了 |
[39:21] | Mike, sit down. | 迈克 坐下 |
[39:23] | What’s going on? | 怎么了 |
[39:25] | We had a good day, but it wasn’t enough. | 我们今天做得不错 但还不够 |
[39:28] | What are you talking about? | 你说什么呢 |
[39:29] | – Jimmy came through. – Mike– | -吉米出现 -迈克 |
[39:30] | Look, I know she landed a punch with him. | 我知道她打击到了他 |
[39:32] | And I’m telling you, he wasn’t enough. | 我跟你说 他还不够 |
[39:35] | Harvey, all we need is reasonable doubt. | 哈维 我们只需要合理怀疑就够了 |
[39:37] | And if I was on that jury, I wouldn’t have it. | 如果我在陪审团 我不会怀疑 |
[39:41] | I’d find you guilty. | 我会认定你有罪 |
[39:44] | That’s great. So you just called me over here | 很好 那你叫我来 |
[39:46] | to make me want to kill myself? | 是要我自杀吗 |
[39:48] | I called you here because this is not about doubt. | 我叫你来是因为这案子不是怀疑的事 |
[39:52] | We need to give them a reason to want to let you go. | 我们得给他们理由放过你 |
[39:55] | And how exactly are we gonna do that? | 那我们要怎么办 |
[39:57] | By doing what you wanted to do in the first place. | 做你一开始想做的事 |
[40:02] | No. Now? | 不 现在做 |
[40:04] | Are you kidding me? | 你开玩笑吗 |
[40:05] | It’s the only way to get you to testify | 那是唯一让你不上证人席 |
[40:06] | without taking the stand. | 却可以作证的办法 |
[40:07] | And you said if we had to, we’d put me on the stand. | 可你说如果必要 我们会让我作证 |
[40:10] | And you were right. | 但你说对了 |
[40:11] | She’s too good at crossing. | 她交叉询问太厉害了 |
[40:14] | Well, it’s a great idea, Harvey; I wish I’d had it. | 哈维 这是个好主意 我也希望我能做到 |
[40:16] | The only problem is, they’re not gonna let me change | 但问题是 他们不会允许我 |
[40:17] | my goddamn lawyer in the middle of a trial! | 在庭审过程换律师的 |
[40:19] | And I’m telling you we need to figure out | 那我说 我们得想办法 |
[40:21] | a way to make them. | 让他们允许 |
[40:23] | Because if we don’t… | 因为如果我们想不出 |
[40:26] | we’re gonna lose. | 就会输 |
[40:44] | You’re not allowed to talk to me. | 你不能跟我说话的 |
[40:45] | That’s true, | 没错 |
[40:47] | But if you don’t tell anyone, then no one’s gonna know, | 但如果你谁都不告诉 就没人会知道 |
[40:49] | and I don’t think you’re gonna want to tell anyone. | 而我觉得你不会告诉别人的 |
[40:52] | Okay. What do you want? | 好 你想要什么 |
[40:55] | I have to admit that until you got rid of Sheila, | 我得承认在你把希拉送走前 |
[40:58] | I honestly thought you weren’t part of this whole thing, | 我真的觉得你没参与这事的 |
[41:00] | but then I did a little checking, | 但之后我做了个小调查 |
[41:02] | and I think I can pinpoint the exact day | 发现我可以确切指出 |
[41:04] | you found out about Mike Ross. | 你发现迈克·罗斯的事的日子 |
[41:06] | I’m calling Jessica. | 我要给杰西卡打电话 |
[41:08] | They let you resign, you found out about Mike, | 他们让你辞职 你发现了迈克的事 |
[41:11] | and you used it to return as a name partner. | 就借此回去做上了命名合伙人 |
[41:13] | And you know what that makes me think about you? | 你知道那让我怎么看你吗 |
[41:14] | You’re resourceful, maybe a little sleazy, | 你有头脑 可能有点卑鄙 |
[41:17] | but you didn’t hire that kid in the first place. | 但你一开始没雇那个孩子 |
[41:22] | I’m not turning on my partners. | 我不会背叛我的同伴 |
[41:24] | You had to blackmail them to get what you deserve. | 你得通过敲诈他们得到你应得的 |
[41:28] | That’s got to stick in your craw. | 那肯定让你如鲠在喉 |
[41:29] | – Go. – I will go, Louis. | -滚 -我会走 路易 |
[41:31] | But you know what else I found out | 但你知道我在查你时 |
[41:32] | when I was looking into you? | 发现了什么吗 |
[41:35] | You like the ballet. | 你喜欢芭蕾 |
[41:37] | You like to go mudding. | 喜欢做泥浴 |
[41:39] | You enjoy the creature comforts in life, | 你喜欢生活里的物质享受 |
[41:41] | but they don’t have comforts like that in prison. | 但监狱里可没有那些 |
[41:44] | They’re gonna lose this trial. | 他们会输掉这场审判 |
[41:45] | You know it, I know it, and they know it. | 你知道 我知道 他们也知道 |
[41:50] | You have one last chance to save yourself. | 你有最后一个自救的机会 |
[41:54] | Think about it. | 好好考虑 |
[41:55] | And, uh… | 还有… |
[41:57] | Call me. | 打电话给我 |
[41:59] | Before it’s too late. | 以免太迟了 |