时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:02] | I don’t owe Harvey shit. | 我可不欠哈维什么 |
[00:03] | He may have gotten me out, | 也许是他还了我的清白 |
[00:04] | but he and Cameron put me in there in the first place. | 但当初他也是卡梅隆的帮凶 |
[00:06] | You’re right, you don’t owe Harvey, | 没错 你不欠哈维的 |
[00:07] | but you do owe me because I didn’t have anything | 但你欠我的 因为你被冤枉的事 |
[00:09] | to do with putting you in there, | 跟我没有关系 |
[00:10] | but I broke the law to get you out. | 可我不惜违法把你救了出来 |
[00:12] | I came here to compliment you on getting rid of Sheila Sazs. | 我是来夸奖你摆脱希拉·赛斯的方式的 |
[00:15] | If she’s not back by the start of trial, | 如果她在庭审前没有回来 |
[00:18] | I’m gonna assume you want to be brought up on charges. | 我会认为你想被起诉 |
[00:20] | I just stopped by to give you this restraining order | 我只是过来给你这个限制令 |
[00:22] | preventing you from contacting Louis Litt. | 阻止你在路易·利特的律师不在场的情况下接触他 |
[00:24] | You’re done driving a wedge between me and my people. | 你休想再继续挑拨我和我的人了 |
[00:26] | If I represent myself, every second I’m up there | 如果我为自己辩护 那我在庭上的每一秒 |
[00:29] | they’re gonna see me as a lawyer. | 他们都会看到我就是个律师 |
[00:30] | And if she rattles you | 但如果她在其中任何一刻 |
[00:31] | For one of those goddamn seconds, | 打乱你的阵脚 |
[00:33] | they’re gonna see you as a fraud | 他们就会认为你是个骗子 |
[00:34] | and they’re never gonna see you as anything else. | 并且再也不会看到你的其他方面 |
[00:36] | Did Mike Ross go to Harvard Law School or not? | 迈克·罗斯有没有到哈佛大学法学院上过学 |
[00:40] | I’d like to assert my Fifth Amendment right. | 我要使用宪法第五修正案赋予我的权利 |
[00:43] | If I was on that jury, I’d find you guilty. | 如果我在陪审团 我会认定你有罪 |
[00:45] | They’re not gonna let me change my goddamn lawyer | 他们不会允许我 |
[00:47] | in the middle of a trial. | 在庭审过程换律师的 |
[00:48] | We need to figure out a way to make them, | 我们得想办法让他们允许 |
[00:50] | ’cause if we don’t, we’re gonna lose. | 因为如果我们想不出 就会输 |
[00:52] | You have one last chance to save yourself. | 你有最后一个自救的机会 |
[00:54] | Call me before it’s too late. | 打电话给我 以免太迟了 |
[01:01] | Okay, so we have a plan for you | 好了 我们有一个计划 |
[01:03] | to start representing yourself. | 可以让你开始为自己辩护 |
[01:04] | We just need a way to rattle Gibbs when we execute it. | 还缺个能在执行时乱了吉布斯阵脚的办法 |
[01:07] | I have a way, but… | 我有个办法 但是 |
[01:09] | you’re not gonna like it. | 你不会喜欢的 |
[01:12] | I’m gonna call Clifford Danner to the stand. | 我要让克利福德·丹纳出庭作证 |
[01:13] | No way, it’s too risky. | 不行 太冒险了 |
[01:15] | – Harvey, listen to me– – he’s angry and volatile | -哈维 听我说 -他很愤怒还不稳定 |
[01:17] | and in case you forgot, | 而且我提醒你 |
[01:19] | he’s one of the people you were dumb enough | 你曾经蠢到把你的秘密告诉别人 |
[01:20] | to tell your secret to. | 他就是其中之一 |
[01:21] | I know all of that, | 这些我都知道 |
[01:22] | but you said it yourself, we need sympathy, | 但你自己也说 我们需要同情 |
[01:24] | and no one is gonna get us more sympathy | 没有人比我们从监狱里救出来的无辜之人 |
[01:26] | than the innocent guy we got out of prison. | 更能给我们挣到同情了 |
[01:29] | Harvey, you said I needed to do this. | 哈维 你说过这件事我必须自己去做 |
[01:30] | Well, this is how I do it. | 这就是我做事的方式 |
[01:34] | Do you have faith in me or not? | 你对我有信心吗 |
[01:46] | Mrs. Gloria Danner? | 格洛丽亚·丹纳夫人吗 |
[01:47] | – Yes. – Hi, my name is Mike Ross. | -是的 -你好 我叫迈克·罗斯 |
[01:49] | I’m a lawyer at Pearson Specter Litt and I was hoping– | 我是皮-斯-利律师事务所的律师 我想 |
[01:51] | I know who you are, | 我知道你是谁 |
[01:53] | and I know what you’re doing here. | 我也知道你来做什么 |
[01:56] | You’ve come to get Clifford to testify for you, | 你是来让克利福德出庭为你作证的 |
[01:59] | but I’m afraid he’s not going to. | 但他恐怕去不了 |
[02:01] | Please, ma’am, I promise you, | 拜托了 女士 我保证 |
[02:02] | the D.A. cannot reopen his case– | 地检官不能重开他的案子 |
[02:03] | I’m not talking about the district attorney. | 我不是怕地检官 |
[02:07] | My son’s dead, Mr. Ross. | 我儿子死了 罗斯先生 |
[02:12] | What? | 什么 |
[02:13] | Clifford was shot and killed three weeks ago, so… | 克利福德三周前被枪杀了 所以 |
[02:17] | I’m sorry, he can’t help you. | 很抱歉 他帮不了你了 |
[02:21] | – Hello? – Are you in the office? | -你好 -你在办公室吗 |
[02:23] | It’s Thursday night. I’m watching my show. | 现在是周四晚上 我在看我的节目 |
[02:25] | Well, then goddamn tivo it because I need your help. | 录下来晚点看 我需要你帮忙 |
[02:27] | It better be important if you’re taking that tone with me. | 你用这种语气跟我说话 最好事情很重要 |
[02:30] | And if this is about that mah-jongg game– | 如果这是麻将馆的事… |
[02:32] | I don’t give a shit if it’s mah-jongg | 我才不在乎什么该死的麻将 |
[02:33] | or kung pao or chinese checkers. | 宫爆鸡丁还是跳棋 |
[02:35] | This is the most important thing | 这是你这一辈子 |
[02:37] | that I’m ever gonna ask you to do in your entire life. | 我会让你做的最重要的事 |
[02:40] | Give me an order. | 给我下命令吧 |
[02:41] | I need you to pull whatever strings you have | 我要你用尽一切办法 |
[02:43] | to get me a transcript of Mike’s trial | 帮我搞到迈克这个案子的庭审记录 |
[02:44] | and I need you to keep it to yourself. | 并且对此保密 |
[02:46] | Mind if I ask what you need it for? | 介意我问一下你要这个做什么吗 |
[02:47] | Because I need to know if we have a snowball’s chance in hell | 因为我得知道我们有没有一丁点机会 |
[02:50] | of winning this thing. | 打赢这个官司 |
[02:52] | Is defense ready to call its first witness? | 辩方准备好传唤第一位证人了吗 |
[02:54] | I am, Your Honor. | 准备好了 法官大人 |
[02:55] | What? | 什么 |
[02:56] | I’m calling my witness. | 我要传唤证人了 |
[02:57] | Does prosecution have a problem with that? | 控方对此有什么疑问吗 |
[02:59] | Objection, this is outrageous, Your Honor. | 反对 这太过分了 法官大人 |
[03:01] | They can’t switch attorneys in the middle of a trial. | 他们不能在庭审中途换律师 |
[03:03] | And that would be true except for the fact | 你说得对 但事实上 |
[03:05] | that I’ve been co-counsel on this case from day one. | 我从一开始就是这个案子的联席律师 |
[03:07] | Co-counsel? What planer are you living on? | 联席律师 你在说什么 |
[03:09] | The one where Pearson Specter Litt is my attorney of record. | 皮-斯-利律师事务所是我的辩护律师 |
[03:11] | I have the employee directory right here. | 这是员工任务分配书 |
[03:13] | My name is in it. | 里面有我的名字 |
[03:14] | It’s been there since the beginning of this trial, | 此案开审以来就在这里了 |
[03:16] | and if you wanted to object to me, | 你如果想要反对我 |
[03:17] | you would have had to have done it | 应该在开庭的时候 |
[03:18] | at the beginning of this trial. | 就提出反对 |
[03:20] | Then I want them waiving all rights to a mistrial | 那我要他们放弃一切申请无效审判的权利 |
[03:22] | and I want it in the record. | 并且记录在案 |
[03:23] | Your Honor, I’m not gonna be punished | 法官大人 我不能因为 |
[03:24] | just because she didn’t understand | 她不知道我从头到尾 |
[03:25] | that I’ve been representing myself this whole time. | 都是自己的辩护律师而受到惩罚 |
[03:28] | He’s got a point, Ms. Gibbs. | 他说得有道理 吉布斯女士 |
[03:29] | Then I want them waiving all rights to a mistrial | 那基于他为自己辩护的基础上 |
[03:31] | based on him representing himself. | 我要他们放弃一切申请无效审判的权利 |
[03:32] | My pleasure, Your Honor, ’cause I don’t expect | 乐意之至 法官大人 因为我根本 |
[03:34] | we’ll be needing a mistrial at all. | 不认为我们需要申请无效审判 |
[03:36] | Then call your first witness. | 那就传唤你的第一个证人吧 |
[03:37] | Defense would like to call Gloria Danner to the stand. | 辩方请求传唤格洛丽亚·丹纳出庭作证 |
[03:41] | Please state your name for the jury. | 请告诉陪审团你的姓名 |
[03:43] | Gloria Danner. | 格洛丽亚·丹纳 |
[03:45] | Mrs. Danner, | 丹纳夫人 |
[03:47] | A number of years ago, your son Clifford | 数年前 你的儿子克利福德 |
[03:48] | was convicted of murder and sentenced to prison, | 被判谋杀罪入狱 |
[03:51] | – is that right? – Yes. | -对吗 -是的 |
[03:53] | For a crime he didn’t commit. | 他是无辜入狱的 |
[03:55] | How do you know he didn’t commit it | 如果他被判有罪 |
[03:56] | if he was convicted of it? | 你怎么知道他是无辜的呢 |
[03:57] | Because you proved he didn’t. | 因为你证明了他无罪 |
[03:59] | Mrs. Danner, can you tell the jury | 丹纳女士 你能告诉陪审团 |
[04:01] | why it is that you’re here today testifying | 为什么今天是你出庭作证 |
[04:03] | and not your son Clifford? | 而不是你儿子克利福德吗 |
[04:05] | He was working late at the diner. | 他那天在餐馆加班 |
[04:07] | It was the only place he could get a job when he got out. | 那是他出狱之后唯一能找到的工作 |
[04:10] | Two men came in to rob the place, | 有两个人来抢劫餐馆 |
[04:13] | and when Clifford tried to stop them, | 克利福德想要阻止他们 |
[04:16] | he was shot and killed. | 结果被枪杀了 |
[04:21] | I’m so sorry. | 我深表遗憾 |
[04:24] | I worked my whole life | 我这辈子含辛茹苦 |
[04:28] | to put him through school | 供他上学 |
[04:30] | and he ends up dying | 结果他却死在 |
[04:32] | in the back of that shit restaurant | 那家破餐馆 |
[04:35] | in that shit part of town. | 死在那么个破地方 |
[04:38] | Can you tell the jury why you agreed | 你能告诉陪审团你今天为什么 |
[04:40] | to come share your story for me today? | 愿意过来为我分享你的故事吗 |
[04:44] | Prison | 监狱 |
[04:46] | ruined Clifford’s life… | 毁了克利福德的一生 |
[04:50] | And if you had been our lawyer from day one, | 如果你从一开始就是我们的律师的话 |
[04:54] | he never would have been convicted in the first place. | 他根本不会被判有罪 |
[05:01] | Thank you, Gloria. | 谢谢你 格洛丽亚 |
[05:05] | No more questions, Your Honor. | 没有其他问题了 法官大人 |
[05:13] | Mrs. Danner, | 丹纳女士 |
[05:15] | I happen to be familiar with your son’s case. | 我恰好很熟悉你儿子的案子 |
[05:19] | And I understand that in order to reopen it, | 我知道为了重审该案 |
[05:21] | Mr. Ross risked increasing his sentence to life. | 罗斯先生冒了将他的刑期增加到无期的风险 |
[05:25] | That’s correct. | 是这样的 |
[05:26] | Well, I’d like to know how you’d have felt | 我想知道如果他赌输了 |
[05:28] | if he lost that gamble. | 你会是什么感觉 |
[05:30] | I’d have been devastated. | 我会彻底绝望 |
[05:31] | And if that happened, how would you have felt | 如果真的是那样 而你又发现 |
[05:33] | if you then found out | 罗斯先生根本就不是个律师 |
[05:34] | that Mr. Ross wasn’t even a lawyer after all? | 那你又会是什么感觉 |
[05:37] | Objection, Your Honor, | 反对 法官大人 |
[05:38] | how many hypotheticals can she ask? | 她可以问多少假设性的问题 |
[05:40] | That’s okay. | 没关系 |
[05:41] | I think everybody in this courtroom knows | 我觉得这里的每个人都知道 |
[05:44] | how they would feel. | 那会是什么感觉 |
[05:47] | No more questions, Your Honor. | 我没有问题了 法官大人 |
[05:50] | I wouldn’t have cared what a piece of paper had to say, | 我根本不会在乎那张纸 |
[05:53] | because Mr. Ross is the only lawyer I ever ran into | 因为罗斯先生是我唯一碰到 |
[05:57] | that ever gave a damn about my son. | 愿意帮我儿子的律师 |
[06:04] | Mr. Ross, would you care to call your next witness? | 罗斯先生 你还要传唤第二位证人吗 |
[06:11] | I can’t imagine anyone | 我想不到比这位 |
[06:12] | being more eloquent than that, Your Honor. | 更适合的证人了 法官大人 |
[06:16] | Defense rests. | 辩方没有证人了 |
[06:57] | Having trouble with your closing? | 在发愁结案陈词吗 |
[07:01] | No, it’s just part of the process. | 没有 只是正常的步骤而已 |
[07:03] | Would it make you feel better if I told you | 如果我跟你说今天看到你 |
[07:06] | that I have never felt more proud of my future husband | 在庭上的表现让我感到前所未有的自豪 |
[07:10] | than I did watching you up there today? | 这会让你好受点吗 |
[07:13] | Yes, it would. | 会的 |
[07:17] | Good. | 那就好 |
[07:18] | Because I want to talk to you about your closing. | 因为我想跟你谈谈你的结案陈词 |
[07:21] | Don’t tell me you want me to go with jury nullification. | 别跟我说你想让陪审团裁定法律无效 |
[07:23] | There is nothing wrong with getting a jury | 让陪审团同情你 |
[07:25] | to sympathize with you, | 并没有什么错 |
[07:26] | and, Mike, your parents died in a car accident. | 迈克 你的父母死于车祸 |
[07:28] | Who isn’t gonna feel for a person like that? | 每个人都会同情你的 |
[07:30] | Rachel, the only problem with me saying, | 瑞秋 这么做的唯一问题是 |
[07:32] | “Let me off because tragedy struck me as a child” | “放过我吧因为我童年不幸”这种话 |
[07:35] | is I’ve pretty much admitted that I’m guilty. | 基本等于我承认了自己有罪 |
[07:37] | No, the difference is that that accident is the reason | 不 区别在于 那场车祸正是 |
[07:39] | that you wanted to become a lawyer in the first place. | 你想要成为一名律师的原因 |
[07:42] | And they won’t just understand it, they will love you for it. | 他们不仅会谅解你 也会因此喜欢你 |
[07:45] | How can you know that? | 你怎么知道 |
[07:48] | Because I love you for it. | 因为我就是这样 |
[07:52] | Tell them your story and I am telling you, | 跟他们讲你的故事 |
[07:55] | they’ll let you go. | 他们会放过你 |
[08:03] | Louis, you wanted to see me? | 路易 你找我 |
[08:04] | Yeah, that was hours ago. | 那是几个小时前的事了 |
[08:05] | We need to talk. We need to talk right now. | 我们得谈谈 现在就得谈 |
[08:07] | – About what? – About the fact that | -谈什么 -就谈迈克·罗斯 |
[08:08] | Mike Ross is all of a sudden representing himself. | 突然开始为自己辩护这件事 |
[08:10] | And why exactly do we need to talk about that? | 这有什么好谈的 |
[08:12] | Because it means Harvey thinks he’s gonna lose. | 因为这就意味着哈维认为自己要输了 |
[08:15] | You wanna walk me through that logic? | 这其中的逻辑关系是什么 |
[08:18] | Harvey’s never given up control of a case in his life, | 哈维这辈子都没有放弃过自己案子的掌控权 |
[08:21] | and if he’s doing that now, | 如果他现在这么做了 |
[08:21] | it means he wants that loss on Mike’s record. | 说明他想把失败的记录留给迈克 |
[08:23] | Louis, at a time like this, | 路易 在这种时候 |
[08:24] | Harvey doesn’t care about records. | 哈维是不会在乎记录的 |
[08:26] | Bullshit. I read the transcript backwards and forwards. | 胡扯 我反复读过庭审记录了 |
[08:29] | He thinks he’s gonna lose. | 他肯定认为他要输了 |
[08:30] | Louis, what’s really going on here? | 路易 到底发生了什么事 |
[08:31] | I’ll tell you what’s going on. | 我告诉你发生了什么 |
[08:33] | If Harvey thinks we’re gonna lose, | 如果哈维认为我们会输 |
[08:34] | then we’ll lose, and if that happens, | 那我们一定会输 如果那样的话 |
[08:36] | you know who Gibbs is coming after next. | 你也知道吉布斯下一个目标会是谁 |
[08:39] | Louis, we will deal with that when and if she does, | 路易 如果真到了那个时候我们再想办法 |
[08:43] | but I am telling you, | 但我告诉你 |
[08:44] | Harvey letting Mike take the reins is not him giving up. | 哈维让迈克掌控大局并不是他放弃了 |
[08:48] | It’s him growing up | 而是他成长了 |
[08:50] | and realizing he is not the one to bring this home. | 并且意识到这个胜利不该由他摘取 |
[09:09] | Do you want to talk about it? | 你想聊聊吗 |
[09:11] | Talk about what? | 聊什么 |
[09:13] | Oh, I don’t know, maybe the fact | 我说不好 没准可以聊聊 |
[09:15] | that Mike is working on a closing | 迈克正在准备一个可以让他 |
[09:16] | to keep himself out of jail | 免除牢狱之灾的结案陈词 |
[09:18] | and you’re not working on it with him. | 而你却没有在帮他 |
[09:20] | There’s nothing for me to do, Donna. | 我没什么可帮得了 唐娜 |
[09:23] | It’s in his hands. | 这件事交给他了 |
[09:25] | In his hands? | 交给他 |
[09:26] | Harvey, that was a trial maneuver. | 哈维 那是个庭审策略 |
[09:28] | It doesn’t mean you can’t help him when he needs you. | 但并不意味着你不能在他需要时帮助他 |
[09:29] | – He doesn’t need me. – He needs you more than ever. | -他不需要我 -他这个时候最需要你 |
[09:32] | No, he doesn’t, and it’s time for him | 不 他不需要 是时候让他 |
[09:35] | to put the clipboard down and get in the game. | 脱离二线真正参与进来了 |
[09:36] | – Harvey– – Donna, this wasn’t just | -哈维 -唐娜 这事不仅是 |
[09:38] | some move to slip testimony in. | 把证词塞进结案陈词这么简单 |
[09:40] | This is Mike’s life. | 这关系到迈克的人生 |
[09:42] | It’s his story and he needs to be the one to tell it. | 那是他的故事 必须要他自己来讲 |
[09:46] | Everything he’s done up until now has prepared him for this, | 至今为止他做的每件事都是在为这一刻做准备 |
[09:49] | and I’m telling you, | 而且我可以很肯定的说 |
[09:51] | he’s ready for it. | 他准备好了 |
[09:55] | Is defense ready for closing statements? | 辩方准备好做结案陈词了吗 |
[10:00] | Mike? | 迈克 |
[10:02] | You okay? | 你还好吗 |
[10:03] | Mr. Ross? | 罗斯先生 |
[10:08] | Oh, uh, yes, Your Honor. | 是的 法官大人 |
[10:20] | Um, ladies and gentleman of the jury, | 陪审团的各位女士们 先生们 |
[10:24] | I think most of us… | 我想我们 |
[10:36] | You guys heard evidence earlier in the trial | 你们中的大多数在早前的庭审中都听说了 |
[10:38] | that I have a photographic memory, | 我可以过目不忘 |
[10:40] | and I do, but the way it works– | 确实如此 但在具体操作中 |
[10:42] | I don’t just take a snapshot of something. | 我并不是将我所看到的所有东西都记住 |
[10:45] | See, I read it | 而是我要先阅读 |
[10:46] | and then I understand it, | 然后理解它 |
[10:47] | and once I understand it, | 一旦我理解了 |
[10:50] | then I never forget it, | 我就不会忘记 |
[10:52] | but I’ve been trying to memorize my speech, | 我试图记住我的陈述词 |
[10:54] | but I can’t | 但我记不住 |
[10:56] | because it’s bullshit, | 因为这都是胡扯 |
[10:58] | because I… | 因为我 |
[11:01] | I am bullshit. | 我简直一团糟 |
[11:04] | You see, the truth is–is that I am guilty of being a fraud. | 事实上 我确实是个骗子 |
[11:08] | My whole life I have wanted to be a lawyer | 我这辈子都想要成为一个律师 |
[11:10] | so that I could help people like Clifford Danner. | 然后去帮助那些像克利福德·丹纳一样的人 |
[11:12] | People who have no one else to fight for them. | 那些无从获得支持的人 |
[11:14] | No one who believes in them, | 那些不被信任的人 |
[11:17] | but instead, all I’ve done as a lawyer | 但与此同时 我作为律师所做的事 |
[11:19] | is work night and day | 只是日夜不停的工作 |
[11:21] | to put money into the hands of rich people. | 好让那些富有的人获得更多财富 |
[11:24] | I was given a gift and I wasted it, | 我被赋予了一种天赋 但我却浪费了它 |
[11:26] | and I’m ashamed of myself. | 我为自己感到羞耻 |
[11:28] | And–and as a final insult, | 同时我还不知收敛 |
[11:30] | I paraded this mourning woman out in front of you | 将这位悲伤地女士拖到众人面前 |
[11:32] | just as a way to get you to admire me. | 只是为了让你们喜欢我 |
[11:42] | I am so sorry, Gloria. | 我很抱歉 格洛丽亚 |
[11:44] | And all I can say | 我能承诺的 |
[11:45] | is that I promise you, | 只有无论这些人 |
[11:46] | whether these people find me innocent or not, | 裁定我有罪与否 |
[11:48] | I am gonna spend the rest of my life | 我都会将我的余生 |
[11:50] | fighting for the Clifford Danners of this world. | 致力于为世界上所有的克利福德·丹纳而战 |
[11:55] | I will not waste that gift again. | 我不会再浪费我的天赋了 |
[12:02] | You could believe it or not, | 不管你们相不相信 |
[12:05] | but I am a lawyer, | 但我是个律师 |
[12:08] | and I always will be. | 而且我会一直做下去 |
[12:12] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[12:25] | Well, it’s an interesting thing, really, | 这真是件有趣的事情 |
[12:27] | how criminals can play with our emotions. | 看着罪犯们是如何玩弄我们的感情的 |
[12:30] | Mike Ross is articulate | 迈克·罗斯能说会道 |
[12:33] | and persuasive and passionate | 很有煽动力 也很有激情 |
[12:36] | and listening to his closing argument, | 听着他的总结陈词 |
[12:37] | I almost want to let him go myself, | 我自己差点都想放他一马了 |
[12:39] | except for one thing: he’s a liar. | 唯独有一个问题 他是个骗子 |
[12:43] | He didn’t commute to Harvard one day a week | 他并没有一周一次往返于哈佛 |
[12:45] | as he so laughably claims. | 却可笑地声称自己那么做了 |
[12:47] | He didn’t go to college. | 他没上过大学 |
[12:51] | There is no paper record of his enrollment, | 没有任何纸质文件能证明他被录取 |
[12:54] | no applications to law school, | 也没有他申请法学院的文件 |
[12:56] | no picture in the yearbook, | 年册里没有他的照片 |
[12:58] | no class rankings, | 也没有他的班级排名 |
[12:59] | no one at all who even remembers him. | 甚至没有一个人记得他 |
[13:04] | Except for that one indebted friend | 除了他那个负债累累的朋友 |
[13:06] | with a lot to lose, | 满嘴跑火车 |
[13:07] | and if you believe his testimony, | 假如你们相信他的证词的话 |
[13:09] | I got a bridge over Brooklyn I’d like to sell you. | 我这还有一堆谎言可以说给你们听 |
[13:13] | And whether he says it or not, | 不管他承不承认 |
[13:16] | he’s banking on the fact | 他就是指望着 |
[13:18] | that you are gonna think this is a victimless crime, | 你们将这事看作是一起无受害人犯罪 |
[13:22] | but if you acquit him, | 但假如你们宣告他无罪 |
[13:24] | you are giving permission to everyone to say | 你们就是允许大家说 |
[13:26] | “hey, I’m gonna pretend to be a lawyer.” | “嘿 我要去装成一个律师” |
[13:29] | “I think I’m gonna say I’m a doctor.” | “我想说自己是个医生” |
[13:31] | “Hell, you know what? | “你猜怎么着 |
[13:31] | Today, I’m gonna pose as a pilot.” | 今天我要装成一名飞行员” |
[13:35] | Imagine if one day you woke up on the operating table | 想象一下有一天你在手术台上醒来 |
[13:38] | to discover the man who was about to crack open your chest | 却发现那个要划开你的胸腔的人 |
[13:43] | is not really a doctor. | 不是个真正的医生 |
[13:45] | Guilty. | 有罪 |
[13:48] | Guilty. | 有罪 |
[13:50] | Guilty. | 有罪 |
[13:53] | Make no mistake about it, | 你们可得弄清楚 |
[13:54] | Mike Ross thinks he’s better than you. | 迈克·罗斯觉得自己比你们厉害 |
[13:56] | He thinks he doesn’t have to play by the same rules, | 他觉得自己不用和你们遵守一样的规矩 |
[13:58] | but we know he does. | 但我们知道他是要的 |
[14:02] | Because, ladies and gentleman of the jury, | 因为 陪审团的女士们和先生们 |
[14:04] | Mike Ross… | 迈克·罗斯… |
[14:09] | is a fraud. | 是个骗子 |
[14:17] | Mike… | 迈克… |
[14:19] | Mike… | 迈克… |
[14:22] | Mike. | 迈克 |
[14:23] | She was good, Harvey. | 她很厉害 哈维 |
[14:25] | – Yeah, so were you. – You were great. | -没错 但你也是啊 -你做得很好 |
[14:27] | She was better. Everything she said was true | 她更厉害 她所说的一切都是真的 |
[14:29] | and the jury knows it. | 而陪审团也知道这一点 |
[14:30] | No they don’t. | 不 他们不知道 |
[14:32] | Look, ever since the day I met you, | 听着 从我遇见你的那天起 |
[14:35] | you have always seen the good in people, | 你就一直能看见人性中的闪光点 |
[14:37] | and we only need one person on the jury | 而我们只需要陪审团中有一个人 |
[14:39] | to feel that way about you. | 能感受到你的闪光点 |
[14:40] | – And what if they don’t? – It doesn’t matter. | -假如他们感受不到呢 -无所谓 |
[14:42] | Because we can’t do anything about it anyways. | 因为无论如何我们也无法改变局面了 |
[14:43] | So, let’s get out of here. | 所以我们出去吧 |
[14:45] | – I can’t. – What do you mean you can’t? | -我不能 -什么叫你不能 |
[14:46] | I mean, I can’t leave until that jury comes back. | 我是说 在陪审团回来前我不能离开 |
[14:49] | Mike, they might not come back for days. | 迈克 他们也许几天都回不来 |
[14:51] | I don’t know what to tell you, Harvey, | 我不知道该怎么和你说 哈维 |
[14:52] | but I can’t leave here. | 但我不能离开这里 |
[14:53] | It’s okay, Harvey. | 没关系的 哈维 |
[15:00] | Look, | 听着 |
[15:02] | Mike, if we really don’t have time, | 迈克 假如我们真的没时间了 |
[15:04] | I don’t want to waste it here. | 我不想把时间浪费在这里 |
[15:05] | Rachel, if I leave, | 瑞秋 假如我离开了 |
[15:07] | all I’m gonna be thinking about | 我满脑子只会想着 |
[15:08] | is what’s happening in that jury room. | 仲裁室里发生了什么 |
[15:10] | Then I am going to go and get us some food | 那我去给我俩弄点吃的来 |
[15:12] | and we’re gonna have a bite to eat | 然后我们一起吃点东西 |
[15:14] | because I’m not gonna let this time go to waste. | 因为我不会白白浪费这段时间的 |
[15:18] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[15:38] | – What? – What do you mean what? | -怎么了 -什么怎么了 |
[15:40] | I want to know what you think. | 我想知道你的想法 |
[15:42] | I think I saw a heavyweight fight | 我觉得一场重量级比赛 |
[15:44] | that’s gonna come down to the goddamn cards. | 马上就要见分晓了 |
[15:46] | You see it any different? | 你有不同的看法吗 |
[15:47] | What I see is my fate in the hands of a jury, | 我的看法是我的命运掌握在了陪审团手里 |
[15:49] | and I don’t like it. | 而我不喜欢这样 |
[15:49] | Why the hell do you think | 不然你以为我为何 |
[15:50] | I cut so many deals instead of going to trial? | 大部分时间都选择和解而不愿上庭 |
[15:52] | Well, the only deal that Gibbs is going to cut | 吉布斯唯一会接受的和解协议 |
[15:55] | is the one that hangs us out to dry. | 就是把我们整死 |
[15:56] | And I don’t know about you, | 我不知道你怎么想 |
[15:58] | but I don’t feel like just sitting by | 但我可不喜欢就这样坐在一旁 |
[16:00] | while this thing goes to verdict. | 等着这件事出结果 |
[16:01] | You think I do? | 你以为我喜欢吗 |
[16:03] | Look, there’s no other w– | 听着 没有其他办… |
[16:07] | Hold on a second. | 等等 |
[16:09] | We could go get us a mistrial. | 我们可以把这弄成是无效审判 |
[16:11] | What good would that do? | 那样有什么好处 |
[16:13] | A mistrial’s just gonna kick the can down the road | 无效审判不过是缓兵之计 |
[16:15] | till Mike gets tried again. | 直到迈克再次被审 |
[16:16] | Listen to me. | 听我说 |
[16:17] | when Mike wanted to represent himself, | 在迈克想要代理自己时 |
[16:19] | Gibbs jumped out of her chair | 吉布斯跳起来 |
[16:20] | saying that we were trying to get a mistrial. | 说我们是在试图把这弄成无效审判 |
[16:22] | Then she demanded we waive our rights to one completely. | 然后她要求我们放弃申请无效审判的权利 |
[16:26] | And the only reason she’d do that | 而她之所以这么做 |
[16:27] | is because she doesn’t have authorization | 是因为她没有权利 |
[16:29] | to try this case again. | 再办一次这个案子 |
[16:31] | Which means, | 这意味着 |
[16:32] | a mistrial isn’t just kicking the can down the road. | 无效审判不仅仅是缓兵之计 |
[16:34] | No, it’s blowing it to kingdom come. | 的确 这可是毁灭性武器 |
[16:38] | The only problem is, | 唯一的问题是 |
[16:39] | we don’t have grounds for a mistrial. | 我们没有理由促成无效审判 |
[16:41] | Well, then you better go out and find some. | 那你就最好出去找一些理由 |
[16:44] | And you better do it before that jury comes back. | 而且你最好在陪审团回来前就找到 |
[16:50] | That’s what I’m trying to tell you. | 我想跟你说的就是这个 |
[16:51] | My lawyer’s not here. | 我的律师不在场 |
[16:52] | That’s not my problem. | 那可不是我的问题 |
[16:54] | Then why did he tell me that | 那为什么他告诉我 |
[16:55] | if I told you he couldn’t make it, | 假如我和你说他来不了 |
[16:56] | you’d give me a continuance or something? | 你就会让我延期之类的 |
[16:58] | I’ll tell you what I’ll do, Mr. Diaz. | 我告诉你我会怎么做 迪亚兹先生 |
[17:00] | Since Perkins isn’t here, | 既然珀金斯不在这里 |
[17:01] | I’ll help you out. | 我来帮帮你好了 |
[17:03] | Instead of going to trial and winding up | 与其上庭 然后 |
[17:04] | with a five year sentence, | 判一个五年徒刑 |
[17:05] | I’ll let you cop to three and a half right here. | 我当场就能让你减到三年半 |
[17:08] | Five years? | 五年 |
[17:09] | We stole some TVs. | 我们只是偷了几台电视 |
[17:11] | For the third time, and that’s five years. | 连犯三次 就是五年 |
[17:12] | I was only driving the car, man. | 我只是给他们开车的 |
[17:14] | Then you can drive yourself to prison, man, | 那你可以自己开车去监狱了 |
[17:16] | but I’m not giving you a continuance. | 但我不会同意延期审理的 |
[17:17] | Hey, I’m sorry to interrupt, | 抱歉打断 |
[17:19] | but he doesn’t give you a continuance, the judge does. | 但延不延期他说了不算 法官说了才算 |
[17:21] | And you’re entitled to one automatically | 而且你可以自动获得延期 |
[17:23] | if this is the first time your attorney didn’t show. | 如果这是你的律师第一次没有出现 |
[17:24] | – And who the hell are you? – That’s not your concern. | -你是什么人 -不关你的事 |
[17:27] | And this is not your concern. | 这也不关你的事 |
[17:28] | Yeah, well, I’m making it my concern | 我正把它变成我的事 |
[17:29] | since I don’t like watching prosecutors | 因为我不愿意看着检察官 |
[17:31] | take advantage of unrepresented defendants. | 欺骗没有律师的被告人 |
[17:33] | All I’m doing is offering the man a deal. | 我不过是向他提出了一个协议 |
[17:34] | – I’m not taking advantage. – That is bullshit. | -没有骗他 -胡说八道 |
[17:36] | You know full well his lawyer didn’t tell him | 你明知他的律师没让他 |
[17:38] | to ask you for a continuance. | 向你申请延期 |
[17:39] | He told him to ask the judge for one. | 而是让他向法官申请 |
[17:41] | Now you’re gonna try and bully him into three and a half years | 你却想诓骗他三年半的牢狱之灾 |
[17:43] | for what sounds to me like a simple misdemeanor theft. | 就为了一起在我听来算是轻微的盗窃罪 |
[17:45] | You don’t know shit about this case. | 你根本不了解这个案子 |
[17:47] | Well, I’m about to. Hand over the case file. | 我就要了解了 把相关文件给我 |
[17:49] | I don’t have to give you anything. | 我什么都不会给的 |
[17:51] | You’re not his attorney. | 你又不是他的律师 |
[17:52] | Mr. Diaz, my name is Mike Ross. | 迪亚兹先生 我叫迈克·罗斯 |
[17:54] | Now, do you want me to represent you | 你是愿意让我为你辩护 |
[17:55] | or do you want to stick with this asshole Perkins | 还是仍想让那个连你的听证会都不来的混蛋 |
[17:57] | who didn’t even show up to your hearing? | 珀金斯继续为你辩护 |
[18:00] | He’s my lawyer. | 他是我的律师 |
[18:06] | Donna, I need your help and I need it right now. | 唐娜 你得马上帮我个忙 |
[18:09] | What’s going on? Is the jury back? | 怎么了 陪审团回来了吗 |
[18:10] | No, I need to know if Stephanie Liston still works | 没 我需要知道斯特芬尼·利斯顿是否还在 |
[18:12] | – at the U.S. Attorney’s office. – She does, why? | -联邦检察官办公室工作 -在 怎么了 |
[18:15] | I need the names of the jurors. | 我需要陪审团名单 |
[18:16] | Harvey, if you’re even thinking about tampering– | 哈维 如果你在考虑干扰… |
[18:18] | No, I’m not thinking of tampering with the jury. | 不 我没想干扰陪审团 |
[18:20] | I just need to find grounds for a mistrial. | 我只是得找出申请裁决无效的理由 |
[18:22] | A mistrial? | 裁决无效 |
[18:23] | You told Mike he killed it. Was that a lie? | 你告诉迈克他成功了是骗他的吗 |
[18:25] | – No, it wasn’t. – Then why are you | -不是 -那你为什么 |
[18:27] | – so suddenly having doubts? – It’s called hedging. | -突然又犹疑了 -这叫以防万一 |
[18:29] | No, it is called breaking the law | 不 这叫违法行为 |
[18:30] | and I don’t want any part of it. | 我不想参与 |
[18:31] | Goddamn it, Donna. I’m trying to protect Mike. | 见鬼 唐娜 我是在保护迈克 |
[18:34] | Then maybe you should be getting a mistrial legally | 那你应该合法地申请判决无效 |
[18:36] | instead of having me do what you’re asking. | 而不是让我去做你要求的事 |
[18:38] | – We don’t have time. – I don’t care! | -我们没时间了 -我不管 |
[18:39] | What the hell’s wrong with you? | 你这是怎么了 |
[18:41] | – Me? – Yes, you. | -我 -对 你 |
[18:42] | Whose side are you on? | 你到底站哪边儿 |
[18:43] | Oh, don’t you dare ask me that. | 你居然怀疑我 |
[18:45] | You know damn well that I would break the law for you and Mike, | 你明知我会为了你和迈克去犯法 |
[18:47] | but you are asking me | 但你却让我 |
[18:49] | to have my friend do it, | 去让我的朋友犯法 |
[18:50] | – and I am not going to. – Donna– | -我不会这么做的 -唐娜 |
[18:52] | Harvey, even if I did ask Stephanie | 哈维 就算我去找斯特芬尼 |
[18:53] | and she said yes, which she never would, | 而且她答应了 但这不可能 |
[18:55] | you would have to drag innocent people | 你就又把无辜的人 |
[18:57] | through the mud to get this done. | 牵扯进这个烂摊子了 |
[18:59] | And the Harvey I know | 我认识的那个哈维 |
[19:01] | isn’t that kind of person. | 可不是这种人 |
[19:17] | Donna, what is going on? | 唐娜 出什么事了 |
[19:18] | – Why are you so upset? – I’m not upset. | -你怎么不高兴 -我没不高兴 |
[19:20] | When you say, “I’m not upset,” | 你说”我没不高兴”的时候 |
[19:22] | is that you acting? Because it sucks. | 是你演出来的吗 因为烂透了 |
[19:24] | What do you want from me, Louis? | 你有事吗 路易 |
[19:26] | I want you to cut the bullshit and tell me what’s wrong. | 我只想让你少废话 告诉我出了什么事 |
[19:28] | I just saw you leave Harvey’s office | 我看见你离开哈维的办公室 |
[19:29] | and five seconds later, I saw him do the same thing. | 五秒钟以后 他也走了 |
[19:31] | Okay, Louis, what’s wrong is Harvey wants me | 路易 事情就是哈维希望我 |
[19:33] | to get the names of the jurors from my friend | 从我在联邦检察官办公室的朋友那里 |
[19:35] | in the U.S. Attorney’s office. | 弄到陪审团名单 |
[19:36] | – He’s trying to tamper? – He’s trying to get a mistrial. | -他想干扰陪审员吗 -他想争取裁决无效 |
[19:38] | Well, then why the hell aren’t you helping him do it? | 那你为什么不帮他 |
[19:40] | – What? – You heard me. | -什么 -你没听错 |
[19:41] | Why aren’t you doing whatever you can do help him? | 你为什么不竭尽所能帮他 |
[19:43] | I can’t believe you just said that to me. | 难以置信你居然对我说这种话 |
[19:44] | Donna, listen to me, if Harvey’s doing this, | 唐娜 听我说 如果哈维这么做 |
[19:46] | it means he thinks he’s going to lose. | 说明他觉得自己要输了 |
[19:48] | And if he thinks he’s gonna lose, | 如果他觉得自己要输 |
[19:49] | it means he is gonna lose. | 就说明他一定会输 |
[19:51] | And if Mike goes down, | 如果迈克被定罪 |
[19:52] | everybody goes down with him. | 所有人都得给他陪葬 |
[19:53] | Don’t you care about that at all? | 你就一点都不在乎吗 |
[19:55] | I’m getting a little tired of people asking me | 我真有点受够了被人问 |
[19:56] | whether I care or not. Because I do, | 我在不在乎 因为我在乎 |
[19:58] | But not enough to push women and children aside | 但还没在乎到为了保自己 |
[20:00] | to get on a lifeboat. | 就拉无辜的人下水 |
[20:01] | So, if that’s all you came in here to ask me, | 如果你找我就是为了这个 |
[20:04] | why don’t you be on your way? | 别费口舌赶紧走吧 |
[20:12] | Okay, I got us some bread, | 我买了些面包 |
[20:16] | cheese, a little bit of wine, and a picnic blanket. | 奶酪 一点红酒和一张野餐垫 |
[20:18] | So, I feel like we should just go outside– | 我们可以去外面… |
[20:21] | – I can’t. – What do you mean you can’t? | -我去不了 -什么叫去不了 |
[20:23] | Did the jury come back? | 陪审团回来了吗 |
[20:24] | No, I, uh, I met a defendant. | 没有 我遇见一个被告 |
[20:26] | He got caught in the act of some petty larceny, | 因为小偷小摸被抓了 |
[20:28] | and, uh, they’re trying to railroad him, so I– | 他们想逼他认罪 所以我… |
[20:30] | So, you’re taking a case? | 所以你就接了这个案子 |
[20:32] | Rachel, he tried to sell a couple of TVs | 瑞秋 他只是想偷偷地 |
[20:33] | out of the back of a truck. Now he’s facing five years. | 卖几台电视 现在却面临五年的徒刑 |
[20:35] | And somewhere in this building there are 12 people | 这栋楼里某个地方 正有12个人 |
[20:37] | deciding whether or not you’re a fraud | 决定着你是不是个骗子 |
[20:39] | and you’re sitting here doing the exact thing | 而你却坐在这里做着 |
[20:41] | that they’re accusing you of. | 他们指控你的事 |
[20:42] | They were right in front of me. | 他们就在我眼前 |
[20:43] | His lawyer didn’t show up– | 他的律师没来 |
[20:45] | – What is wrong with you? – Whoa, Rachel, hey– | -你是怎么了 -瑞秋 |
[20:47] | Don’t you understand that I am scared, | 你不知道我害怕吗 |
[20:49] | and that I am trying to be supportive | 我还努力支持你 |
[20:51] | and to keep a brave face, | 强装着勇敢 |
[20:52] | but that I could lose you, Mike? | 尽管我可能会失去你 迈克 |
[20:54] | So, I understand you wanting to be here, | 我理解你想待在这里 |
[20:56] | but I don’t understand you not wanting to be with me. | 但我无法理解你不想陪着我 |
[21:01] | Come here. | 过来 |
[21:08] | Look, I’m scared too. | 我也害怕 |
[21:10] | That’s why I can’t go home. | 所以我才不能回家 |
[21:12] | And I don’t know how I got into this, but… | 我不知道我是如何卷进这场纷争 但是 |
[21:16] | I know that I need to do this, Rachel. | 我知道我必须这样做 瑞秋 |
[21:22] | You really meant what you said to the jury, didn’t you? | 你对陪审团说的那些话都是认真的 对吗 |
[21:25] | Yeah. | 没错 |
[21:27] | And you said that you fell in love with me | 而且你说过你爱上我 |
[21:28] | because of me wanting to help other people. | 是因为我想帮助别人 |
[21:30] | Well, this guy needs my help. | 那这个人需要我的帮助 |
[21:35] | And it may be the last time I can do something like this. | 而且这或许是我最后一次可以这样做了 |
[21:40] | Well, then let’s figure out a way to help him together. | 那么 我们一起想办法帮助他 |
[21:55] | What’s for lunch, David? | 午饭吃的什么 大卫 |
[21:57] | Quinoa salad. | 藜麦沙拉 |
[21:58] | Well, enjoy it, | 那好 慢慢享用 |
[22:00] | because it’s gonna be your last meal as a U.S. Attorney. | 因为这将是你担任纽约市检察官的最后一顿饭 |
[22:03] | Mike Ross promised me | 迈克·罗斯答应过我 |
[22:04] | that if I gave him those phone records, | 如果我给他那些通话记录 |
[22:05] | he wouldn’t say anything to anyone. | 他不会对任何人讲 |
[22:07] | I’m not Mike Ross, | 我可不是迈克·罗斯 |
[22:09] | and the way I see it, | 在我看来 |
[22:11] | there’s no reason for me not to tell Gibbs about your shady past | 我没有理由不把你肮脏的过去告诉给吉布斯 |
[22:15] | unless you give me a reason. | 除非你给我一个理由 |
[22:17] | And how am I supposed to do that? | 那我应该怎么办 |
[22:19] | You pack up your lunch, | 打包起你的午饭 |
[22:20] | you take it down the street to the courthouse cafe, | 把它带到街边的那个法院咖啡馆 |
[22:23] | and you share a table with whatever juror shows up | 当他们在两个小时后出来在那儿喝咖啡时 |
[22:25] | when they break for coffee in about two hours. | 你就和随便哪个陪审员坐在一起 |
[22:30] | What’s this for? | 这是干什么 |
[22:31] | For when you buy juror number whatever a cup of coffee. | 拿去给随便哪个陪审员买一杯咖啡 |
[22:34] | Jesus christ, you want me to give you a mistrial? | 老天啊 你想让我制造一场无效判决 |
[22:37] | I do that, I could lose my job. | 这样做我可能会失去工作 |
[22:39] | You’re gonna lose your freedom in two hours if you don’t. | 但你不那样做 两小时后你会失去自由 |
[22:42] | This is blackmail. | 这是敲诈勒索 |
[22:44] | I call it atonement, | 我说这叫赎罪 |
[22:46] | and today’s the day you face the music. | 你将在今天接受应得的惩罚 |
[23:00] | – You were right. – About what? | -你说得对 -关于什么 |
[23:03] | I shouldn’t have been willing to hurt innocent people | 我真不应该为了达到目的 |
[23:05] | to get done what I needed to get done. | 而伤害一些无辜之人 |
[23:07] | Well, it sounds like you got it done anyway. | 好吧 但听上去你还是做了 |
[23:09] | I did, and you’re gonna get a call from Vanessa | 没错 只要凡妮莎拿到我需要的照片 |
[23:12] | as soon as she gets me some pictures I need. | 你就会接到她的电话 |
[23:14] | Harvey, you just said that you shouldn’t have been willing | 哈维 你刚才还在说你不应该 |
[23:15] | to hurt innocent people, and– | 伤害无辜之人 |
[23:16] | I didn’t hurt any innocent people, Donna. | 我没有伤害任何无辜之人 唐娜 |
[23:18] | I found a guilty one. | 我找了一个有罪之人 |
[23:20] | Well, then I will go tell Jessica | 那好 那我会告诉杰西卡 |
[23:21] | and I will let you know the second Vanessa calls. | 凡妮莎一打电话来我就告诉你 |
[23:23] | Donna. | 唐娜 |
[23:25] | What, Harvey? | 什么 哈维 |
[23:27] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[23:32] | I can’t believe we found that. | 真不敢相信我们找到了 |
[23:34] | I can’t believe you did. | 真不敢相信你做到了 |
[23:35] | Rachel, this might give us the leverage | 瑞秋 我们可能可以用这个优势 |
[23:37] | to make sure Diaz doesn’t do any jail time at all. | 确保迪亚兹根本不用坐牢 |
[23:39] | – Do you really think so? – Yeah, I do. | -你真这样想吗 -没错 |
[23:41] | And it doesn’t surprise me | 而且我一点不感到意外 |
[23:43] | ’cause I also think that you’re gonna make a great lawyer. | 因为我同样觉得你会成为一名出色的律师 |
[23:45] | Well, then spending our time doing this | 那么 我们把时间花在这上面 |
[23:47] | wasn’t such a bad idea after all. | 也许并不是一个坏主意 |
[23:49] | Mr. Diaz, are you ready to enter a plea? | 迪亚兹先生 你准备好进行辩护了 |
[23:51] | Before we do, Your Honor, I’d like to enter a motion | 在辩护之前 法官大人 我想提交一份申请 |
[23:53] | to invalidate the search of Mr. Diaz’s vehicle. | 撤销对迪亚兹先生的汽车的搜查 |
[23:55] | – What? – The warrant was obtained | -什么 -搜查令的取得 |
[23:57] | because of a phone call between my client and his cousin, | 全是因为我当事人和他表兄之间的一通电话 |
[24:00] | and there’s no evidence that Mr. Alexander | 而且没有任何证据表明亚历山大先生 |
[24:02] | had authorization to tap that call. | 有权窃听那通电话 |
[24:03] | Your Honor, we had other sources for our search warrant. | 法官大人 我们有其他证据支撑搜查令 |
[24:05] | – And what exactly were they? – Mr. Alexander? | -那到底是什么 -亚历山大先生 |
[24:08] | Objection, Your Honor. | 反对 法官大人 |
[24:10] | Ms. Gibbs, this case isn’t | 吉布斯女士 这个案子 |
[24:12] | under the Justice Department’s jurisdiction, | 并不在司法部的管辖内 |
[24:14] | so, what exactly are you objecting to? | 那么 你到底在反对什么呢 |
[24:16] | I’m objecting to the fact that this man is not a lawyer. | 我反对的是这个人根本不是律师 |
[24:19] | Your Honor, that is a lie. | 法官大人 那是谎言 |
[24:20] | And as we speak, a jury is finding him guilty. | 现在 陪审团正在对他进行定罪 |
[24:22] | And until they do, my bar number is active. | 在他们定罪之前 我的律师证编号有效 |
[24:24] | This is ridiculous, Your Honor. | 这太荒唐了 法官大人 |
[24:25] | He is making a mockery of this entire courtroom, | 他这是在愚弄整个法庭 |
[24:27] | and I urge you to at least delay this case | 我强烈要求在对他的审讯结果出来以前 |
[24:30] | until his jury comes back. | 你至少应该延迟审理本案 |
[24:31] | Your Honor, the only reason I’m representing Mr. Diaz, | 法官大人 我之所以要为迪亚兹先生辩护 |
[24:33] | is because his court-appointed lawyer didn’t show up, | 是因为法院指派的律师没有出现 |
[24:35] | and then that man attempted to railroad him | 然后那个人企图迫使他仓促地 |
[24:37] | into an outrageous plea deal. | 签订一份离谱的认罪协议 |
[24:38] | Ms. Gibbs, he may be a fraud in your court, | 吉布斯女士 他在你的审理中可能是名骗子 |
[24:41] | but since he hasn’t been convicted of anything, | 但是既然他还没有被认定任何罪名 |
[24:44] | he isn’t one in mine. | 他在我的法庭内就是一名律师 |
[24:45] | And unless Mr. Alexander here magically finds his voice, | 除非亚历山大在此能够出示证据 |
[24:49] | Mr. Ross’s motion | 批准通过罗斯先生 |
[24:50] | to exclude the search of his clients vehicle passes. | 申请排除对他当事人的汽车搜查证据的动议 |
[24:58] | Is it true what that woman was saying? | 那个女人说的是真话吗 |
[25:00] | Yes, they’re deliberating on his fate right now. | 没错 他们正在审查要不要毁掉他的人生 |
[25:02] | I don’t give a shit if they’re deliberating. | 我才不关心他们在审查什么 |
[25:04] | Is he a fake or not? | 他到底是不是假冒的 |
[25:05] | You saw what he just did, and he’s about to cut you a deal | 你亲眼看到了 他正要为你达成协议 |
[25:07] | from four years behind bars to maybe a few months. | 或许让你的牢狱之灾从四年变成几个月 |
[25:09] | So what do you think? | 那么你认为呢 |
[25:13] | What’d he say? | 他说什么了 |
[25:14] | He’s too pissed off to make a deal right now, | 他现在太生气没办法达成协议 |
[25:16] | but trust me, he’ll calm down, and then he will. | 但相信我 他会冷静下来 然后达成协议 |
[25:18] | Mike, where are you going? | 迈克 你要去哪儿 |
[25:20] | I’m gonna go try and make a deal of my own. | 我要试着为我自己达成协议 |
[25:31] | You ran out of there so fast | 你走得太快 |
[25:32] | I didn’t get a chance to talk to you. | 我都没机会和你说话 |
[25:35] | What exactly do you want, Mr. Ross? | 你到底想干吗 罗斯先生 |
[25:37] | I want to make a deal. | 我想跟你签个协议 |
[25:41] | You finally ready to turn on Mr. Specter? | 你终于准备好出卖斯佩克特先生了 |
[25:43] | Nope, but I am ready to plead guilty | 不 但我愿意承认有罪 |
[25:46] | and never practice law again | 而且永不做律师 |
[25:48] | if you agree | 只要你答应 |
[25:49] | to not go after any of the partners at Person Specter. | 不再对付任何皮尔森-斯佩克特的合伙人 |
[25:52] | That’s the same bullshit your boss said to me | 在我第一次遇见他的时候 |
[25:54] | when I first met him. | 你老板也说过这句废话 |
[25:55] | You’re done practicing, | 你不做律师了 |
[25:56] | so I should just let you get away with it? | 我就应该让你全身而退吗 |
[25:59] | Why would I listen to you now | 既然我那时没有听他的话 |
[26:00] | if I didn’t listen to him then? | 为何现在要听你的呢 |
[26:02] | Because you’ve got it written all over your face. | 因为你都写在了脸上 |
[26:06] | Seeing me be a lawyer makes you sick. | 看见我做律师让你恶心 |
[26:09] | Right? And if I win, | 对吗 如果我赢了 |
[26:10] | I’m gonna keep being a lawyer, | 我会继续当律师 |
[26:11] | and it’s gonna make you sick for the rest of your life. | 那样会让你一辈子都恶心 |
[26:14] | No deal. It’s not a good enough reason. | 不行 理由不够充分 |
[26:16] | Okay, then let’s try this one. | 行 那试试这个 |
[26:18] | You’ve been at the same level at the U.S. Attorney’s office | 你在联邦检察官办公室很长时间 |
[26:21] | for a long time. | 没升职了 |
[26:22] | Now, a person who can’t get a conviction | 起诉一个公认的骗子 |
[26:23] | against a man that everyone thinks is a fraud, | 还没法给他定罪的检察官 |
[26:26] | well, that’s a person who’s going nowhere. | 就走投无路了 |
[26:28] | This is a chance for you to save face. | 这是你挽回颜面的机会 |
[26:30] | I don’t need to save face | 我不需要挽回颜面 |
[26:32] | because they’re gonna find you guilty. | 因为他们会判你有罪 |
[26:33] | Are you sure about that? | 你确定吗 |
[26:35] | ’cause you couldn’t convince one judge to make me stand down, | 你连说服一个法官让我离席都做不到 |
[26:38] | so what makes you think you’re gonna convince 12 jurors? | 凭什么觉得自己能说服十二个陪审员呢 |
[26:41] | You know what, Mike? | 你要知道 迈克 |
[26:43] | The truth is, | 事实是 |
[26:44] | you would have made a good lawyer, | 你本可以成为好律师的 |
[26:46] | but you’re not one, | 但你并不是 |
[26:48] | and I’m gonna put you away. | 我会把你送进监狱 |
[26:56] | What can I do for you, Donna? | 有什么事 唐娜 |
[26:57] | Harvey wanted me to let you know that | 哈维让我告诉你 |
[26:58] | as long as they don’t reach a verdict in the next few hours, | 只要接下来几个小时没有判决 |
[27:00] | – you’ll have a mistrial. – I’ll have a mistrial? | -你这个案子就会成为无效判决 -无效判决 |
[27:03] | – What’s on your mind, Donna? – Nothing. | -你在想什么 唐娜 -没什么 |
[27:05] | I guess I just never thought I’d see the day | 大概就是我从没想到会看到有一天 |
[27:07] | when you thought Harvey was gonna lose. | 你认为哈维会输 |
[27:09] | And who says I think Harvey’s going to lose? | 谁说我觉得哈维会输 |
[27:10] | – A mistrial says it. – No, | -无效判决啊 -不 |
[27:12] | it says I’m not willing to take a chance on 12 complete strangers. | 这只说明我不想在十二个陌生人身上冒险 |
[27:15] | It says you don’t have faith in him. | 这说明你对他没信心 |
[27:16] | Donna, you don’t know what you’re saying. | 唐娜 这话说得有点离谱 |
[27:18] | Don’t I? I know I’m not a lawyer, | 是吗 我知道我不是名律师 |
[27:19] | but isn’t it true that if Mike gets found innocent, | 但如果迈克无罪 当然不会对他 |
[27:22] | there’s no double jeopardy, but if a mistrial happens, | 进行再次审理吗 但如果判决无效 |
[27:25] | they might come after him again one day? | 他们未来可能还会查他 |
[27:27] | Yes, Donna, that is true, | 没错 唐娜 |
[27:30] | but Harvey and I are banking that never happens. | 但我和哈维都坚信那不会发生 |
[27:32] | – And what if it does? – Then I’m sorry, | -那如果发生了呢 -那我很遗憾 |
[27:34] | but the truth is, Mike Ross is the reason | 但事实是 是迈克·罗斯 |
[27:36] | why we’re in this mess in the first place, | 当初让我们陷入困境 |
[27:38] | and if it’s a choice | 如果现在要在 |
[27:39] | between his peace of mind down the road and mine today, | 我和他之间选一个以后能高枕无忧的人 |
[27:42] | I’m choosing mine. | 我会选自己 |
[27:45] | Now, is that all? | 还有事吗 |
[27:58] | Louis Litt, what a coincidence, | 路易·利特 真巧 |
[27:59] | I was just about to call your office, say I was your cousin, | 我刚准备给你办公室打电话 假装是你表亲 |
[28:02] | and ask if you’d decided to take me up on my offer. | 问你决定要不要接受我的提议 |
[28:04] | Before I give you an answer, I want to know, | 我回答你之前 我想知道 |
[28:06] | if I give you proof that Harvey knew about Mike, | 如果我能向你证实哈维清楚迈克的身份 |
[28:08] | – will you give me immunity? – Well, that depends. | -你会给我豁免权吗 -要看情况 |
[28:11] | What do you have? | 你有什么证据 |
[28:12] | What do you mean, what do I have? | 什么叫我有什么证据 |
[28:13] | I have me. | 我就足够了 |
[28:14] | Well, that’s not good enough. | 这还不够充分 |
[28:16] | Well, then what the hell did you come to me for? | 那你到底找我干什么 |
[28:17] | Because I was expecting something more | 因为我期待的不只是 |
[28:18] | than the testimony of a man who’s saving his own ass, | 想要自救之人的证词 |
[28:21] | which gets me nothing. | 那对我毫无用处 |
[28:23] | Nothing? I’d be giving you my word. | 毫无用处 我会给你证词 |
[28:24] | And I don’t need your word. I need proof. | 我不需要你的证词 我需要证据 |
[28:27] | Well, goddamn it, I don’t have any proof. | 该死 我没有证据 |
[28:29] | Well, then you’re no good to me. | 那你对我没有用处 |
[28:30] | And now I’m in the position of having to work that much harder | 我现在为了搞垮你和你合伙人 |
[28:33] | to get both you and your partners, | 我不得不更加努力工作 |
[28:34] | so, if you’ll excuse me, I need to get back to it, Louis. | 请见谅 我得继续工作了 路易 |
[28:45] | Donna, I need you to start prepping a motion | 唐娜 你马上开始准备 |
[28:47] | for Mike to ask for a mistrial, | 迈克申请裁判无效的动议 |
[28:49] | And we’re gonna need to do it first thing in the morning. | 这是我们明早要做的第一件事 |
[28:51] | Harvey, I don’t think there’s gonna be a mistrial. | 哈维 我觉得裁判不会无效 |
[28:53] | What the hell are you talking about? | 这话是什么意思 |
[28:54] | I just got off the phone with Vanessa. | 我刚和凡妮莎通完电话 |
[28:56] | David Green never showed. | 大卫·格林没现身 |
[29:10] | Whatever it is, Louis, | 不管什么事 路易 |
[29:11] | I don’t have the time. | 我都没空 |
[29:12] | Well, you better find the time | 你最好抽空 |
[29:13] | because Anita Gibbs just offered me a deal. | 因为安妮塔·吉布斯要跟我做交易 |
[29:15] | And I assume you told her to shove it up her ass. | 我觉得你会狠狠拒绝她 |
[29:18] | I did, but what I really wanted to say was, | 没错 但我其实想问 |
[29:19] | “Where do I sign?” | “在哪里签字” |
[29:22] | What the hell did you just say to me? | 你刚跟我说了什么 |
[29:23] | Did you ever think for one second, | 你有没有考虑过 |
[29:25] | what’s gonna happen if Mike gets convicted? | 如果迈克被定罪会怎样 |
[29:27] | Mike is not gonna get convicted. | 迈克不会被定罪 |
[29:28] | – How could you be so sure? – Because I’m gonna go get us | -你怎么这么确定 -因为我要申请 |
[29:31] | – a goddamn mistrial. – That’s not good enough. | -该死的裁判无效 -那还不够 |
[29:33] | I want to know how you’re gonna do that. | 我想知道你打算怎么做 |
[29:34] | – None of your business. – It is my business. | -与你无关 -与我有关 |
[29:36] | If you’re gonna go and break some more laws | 如果你要违反更多法律 |
[29:38] | like you did when you hired the fraud in the first place. | 就像你当初雇那个骗子一样 |
[29:39] | What the hell do you want, Louis? | 你到底想干什么 路易 |
[29:41] | You want me to give you permission to cut a deal? | 你想让我同意你去做交易码 |
[29:42] | I want you to give yourself up. | 我希望你去自首 |
[29:43] | – Are you out of your mind? – No, I am in my mind. | -你疯了吗 -我很清醒 |
[29:47] | You can’t get a mistrial, that verdict comes back the wrong way, | 如果你申请不到无效裁判 判决反咬一口 |
[29:50] | everyone in this entire firm goes to jail | 整个律所的人都会因为你的所作所为 |
[29:51] | because of what you did. | 进监狱 |
[29:53] | – Go home, Louis. – No, no, no, | -回家吧 路易 -不 不行 |
[29:54] | I want you to say it. | 我要你亲口说出来 |
[29:55] | You went out on your own, you hired a fraud, | 你私自雇了一个骗子 |
[29:56] | and this whole firm’s paying for it. | 整个律所为此付出代价 |
[29:58] | – Shut the hell up. – You and you alone | -闭嘴吧 -只有你 |
[29:59] | are responsible for the carnage of what’s to come. | 要为接下来的灾难负责 |
[30:01] | – Louis– – Just say it! | -路易 -你说啊 |
[30:03] | You listen to me. I may have hired a fraud, | 你听着 我或许雇了个骗子 |
[30:06] | but you’re the one who had the chance to turn him in | 但你才是那个本有可能告发他 |
[30:08] | and you used his secret to get what you always wanted. | 却利用他的秘密实现你一直以来的目的人 |
[30:11] | So, don’t come here at the 11th hour | 所以 别半夜十一点跑来这里 |
[30:13] | trying to blame me for having to sleep in the bed that you made. | 把账赖到我头上 这是你自作自受 |
[30:18] | I don’t want to go to prison, harvey. | 我不想进监狱 哈维 |
[30:21] | Then get out of my way, and let me do what I do. | 那就别挡路 让我想办法 |
[30:44] | What are you doing here? | 你来这里干什么 |
[30:45] | I came to talk. | 跟你谈谈 |
[30:52] | I gotta hand it to you, | 我不得不说 |
[30:54] | you would have made a good lawyer, | 你本可以做个好律师 |
[30:55] | but you’re even better than I gave you credit for. | 但你比我认为的更出色 |
[30:57] | You got in my head. | 我考虑了你说的 |
[30:59] | You came here to take my offer? | 你要接受我的提议吗 |
[31:01] | I came to make an offer of my own. | 我是来给你我自己的提议 |
[31:03] | You said you were giving me a chance to save face, | 你说你想要给我机会挽回颜面 |
[31:05] | but I let you get off with no punishment. | 但如果我让你免受惩罚 |
[31:08] | As far as my career goes, | 就我的职业生涯来看 |
[31:10] | I might as well have let them find you innocent. | 那和你被判无罪也没什么区别 |
[31:13] | What do you want? | 你想怎样 |
[31:13] | You plead guilty, do two years in prison, | 你认罪 坐两年牢 |
[31:15] | and I won’t go after any of your friends. | 我就放过你的朋友们 |
[31:17] | There’s no way I agree to prison time | 我是不会因为我没犯过的罪 |
[31:19] | for a crime I didn’t commit. | 而去监狱坐牢的 |
[31:20] | We’re not in the courtroom right now, Mike, | 我们现在不是在庭上 迈克 |
[31:21] | so let’s cut the bullshit. | 所以废话少说 |
[31:22] | We both know you did this. | 你我心知肚明你是犯了事的 |
[31:24] | So if you don’t want to pay, | 如果你不想付出相应的代价 |
[31:26] | then you take me up on my original offer. | 那就接受我一开始的提议 |
[31:27] | You do no time, | 根本不用坐牢 |
[31:28] | and all I need in return is one name partner at your firm. | 我要的回报也只是一个你们律所的命名合伙人 |
[31:32] | And I told you that’s never gonna happen. | 但我也告诉你了那是不可能的 |
[31:36] | Well, maybe you want to talk to your fiancé | 那你可能想跟你的未婚妻谈谈 |
[31:38] | because the look on her face says | 因为她的表情表明 |
[31:39] | she’d rather throw one of them to the wolves | 她情愿把他们扔给狼群 |
[31:41] | then see you in prison. | 也不愿看你坐牢 |
[31:43] | So it’s up to you. | 所以决定权在你 |
[31:44] | You take either one of my deals, | 你可以接受我两个提议中的任何一个 |
[31:46] | or you take your chances with the jury. | 也可以去陪审团那里碰碰运气 |
[31:49] | Just remember, | 但记住 |
[31:50] | tick tock. | 时间不等人 |
[32:00] | What did she mean, “Either deal”? | 哪里来”两个提议” |
[32:05] | She countered my offer. | 她针对我的提议又提了一个 |
[32:07] | – How long? – Rachel– | -多久 -瑞秋 |
[32:08] | How long would you have to be away for? | 你要走多久 |
[32:10] | – Two years. – No, Mike. | -两年 -不 迈克 |
[32:11] | – No, you can’t. – Do you know | -不 不行 -你知道 |
[32:12] | how much time I’m facing if I’m found guilty? | 如果我被判有罪 要蹲多少年吗 |
[32:14] | You’re not gonna be found guilty. | 你不会被判有罪的 |
[32:14] | Seven years. | 七年 |
[32:16] | You’re not gonna be found guilty. | 你不会被判有罪的 |
[32:17] | I saw you up there. You were amazing. | 我看到你上庭的样子了 你很棒的 |
[32:20] | You were that same empathetic, brilliant man | 你还是当初我爱上的那个 |
[32:22] | that I fell in love with. | 那个善解人意 才华横溢的男人 |
[32:23] | There’s no way the jury didn’t see that. | 没道理陪审团的人看不出来 |
[32:24] | Rachel, the jury is not in love with me. | 瑞秋 陪审团又没爱上我 |
[32:26] | What if all they saw when they looked at me | 万一他们看着我时看到的是 |
[32:28] | was the same fraud that I’ve been | 那个自第一天接下这工作 |
[32:30] | since the first day I took that job? | 就一直在欺骗众人的我呢 |
[32:31] | Is that why you’re thinking about going to prison? | 这就是你为什么在考虑去坐牢吗 |
[32:33] | Because what? You want to punish yourself | 因为什么 因为你想惩罚自己 |
[32:34] | and that’s your only way to stop feeling guilty? | 而坐牢是唯一能让你不再愧疚的办法吗 |
[32:37] | Yes, maybe that’s a part of it. | 是的 可能有部分这个原因吧 |
[32:38] | Okay, well it sounds like it’s all of it. | 是吗 但听着好像就是这个原因啊 |
[32:39] | All I know, is it’s the only sure way | 我只知道 这是唯一有把握的方法 |
[32:40] | to put this to bed and make sure that | 让事情归于平息 并且能保证 |
[32:42] | the only person who is hurt by it is me. | 受损失的只有我一人 |
[32:44] | What about me? | 那我呢 |
[32:46] | Because all I did was love you! | 我也只是爱你啊 |
[32:51] | And if you take some deal that sends you to prison– | 如果你答应了什么送你去坐牢的协议 |
[32:54] | Rachel, we can survive this– | 瑞秋 我们能撑过去的 |
[32:55] | Goddamn it, Mike, they were in on it too! | 该死的 迈克 这事儿他们也有一份啊 |
[33:01] | I’m not gonna rat them out. | 我不会出卖他们的 |
[33:03] | And I’m not asking you to. | 我不是劝你出卖他们 |
[33:07] | I’m just asking you to have faith in yourself. | 我只是希望你能对自己多点信心 |
[33:12] | Okay, I will. | 好 我会的 |
[33:21] | Where the hell were you? | 你去哪儿了 |
[33:22] | You mean why I wasn’t at the cafe? | 你是说我没在那家咖啡馆吗 |
[33:24] | I was just coming to the conclusion | 我只是得出结论 |
[33:25] | that you could take that threat and shove it up your ass. | 你还是收回你的威胁 拿回家擦屁股去吧 |
[33:27] | You think I’m bluffing you? | 你以为我是在唬你吗 |
[33:29] | I don’t give a shit whether you’re bluffing or not. | 我管你是不是在唬我 |
[33:31] | It made me sick to let Mike Ross back into a court. | 想到让迈克·罗斯上庭我就恶心 |
[33:34] | I’m not letting that happen again. | 我不会再让这种事发生了 |
[33:35] | I don’t think you understand what’s gonna happen to you | 我觉得你好像没有理解我明早打给 |
[33:36] | when I call Anita Gibbs tomorrow morning. | 安妮塔·吉布斯后你的下场 |
[33:39] | You never made a mistake? | 你没犯过错吗 |
[33:40] | You never did something you regret? | 你没做过让自己后悔的事吗 |
[33:42] | What do you think I’m trying to fix right now? | 不然你以为我现在费心补救什么 |
[33:44] | Look, if you don’t help me, | 听着 如果你不帮我的话 |
[33:45] | making sure you never practice law again | 那么我可是一点都不会后悔 |
[33:47] | isn’t gonna be on my list of regrets. | 确保你以后都干不成律师 |
[33:49] | You know, I’ve heard a lot of people talk | 我听过好多人说 |
[33:50] | about the great Harvey Specter, completely unbeatable. | 哈维·斯佩克特的厉害 说他战无不胜 |
[33:54] | From what I’m seeing, | 但就我看来 |
[33:55] | you’re just a bully who uses other people’s fears | 他不过是一个恶霸 利用他人弱点 |
[33:57] | to get what he wants. | 来得到自己想要的东西 |
[33:58] | Well, it’s not gonna happen tonight, | 只可惜 今晚你不会得逞了 |
[33:59] | because Mike Ross is about to go to prison | 因为迈克·罗斯就要进监狱了 |
[34:02] | and I’m not going to stop him. | 而我也不会阻止此事 |
[34:13] | Harvey, it’s the middle of the night. | 哈维 这大半夜的 |
[34:14] | – What are you doing here? – I had to see you. | -你来这儿干吗 -我得见你 |
[34:17] | I know you said I couldn’t do this anymore, | 我知道你说过我不能再这么做了 |
[34:18] | but I need to talk to you. | 但我得跟你谈谈 |
[34:20] | – Talk about what? – About what I have to do. | -谈什么 -谈我要怎么做 |
[34:23] | You’re gonna turn yourself in, aren’t you? | 你准备自首了 是不是 |
[34:29] | Louis, the jury didn’t come back, | 路易 陪审团没有回来 |
[34:31] | and since they went home, | 既然他们已经回家了 |
[34:33] | I’m going home. | 我现在也要回家 |
[34:35] | So, whatever it is, it’s gonna have to wait until tomorrow. | 不管什么事 明天早上再说 |
[34:38] | Tomorrow could be too late. | 明天就太迟了 |
[34:41] | Too late for what? | 什么太迟了 |
[34:45] | This is all his fault. | 这都是他的错 |
[34:48] | You didn’t start it. | 不是你起的头 |
[34:49] | I didn’t start it. | 也不是我起的头 |
[34:51] | He started it. | 是他起的头 |
[34:52] | I’m not having this conversation | 我不会背着哈维 |
[34:53] | – behind Harvey’s back. – That’s okay. | -跟你谈这件事的 -没关系 |
[34:54] | I already had it to his face. | 我已经跟他说过了 |
[34:56] | Tried to get him to do the right thing | 希望能让他做出正确的选择 |
[34:58] | and turn himself in, but he wouldn’t. | 然后自首 但他不愿意 |
[35:00] | I’m not going to convince him to do that. | 我不会劝他去自首的 |
[35:01] | I know, because he’ll never be convinced. | 我知道 因为他从来都不听劝 |
[35:04] | Which is why we need to go to Gibbs together– | 所以我们才要一起去找吉布斯 |
[35:06] | – Louis– – Goddamn it, Jessica, | -路易 -该死的 杰西卡 |
[35:07] | we don’t have any time! | 我们没时间了 |
[35:11] | Did it ever occur to you | 你有没有想到过 |
[35:15] | that if Mike gets found guilty, | 如果迈克被判有罪 |
[35:16] | the first thing Harvey is going to do | 哈维会做的第一件事 |
[35:19] | is walk in there and take the bullet for me and you? | 就是走进那里 为我和你挡下这一切 |
[35:22] | – No, it didn’t. – Well, it occurred to me. | -我没想到过 -可我想到了 |
[35:24] | We turn on him now, | 如果我们现在背叛他 |
[35:26] | we’re not better than Daniel Hardman | 那我们也没有比丹尼尔·哈德曼 |
[35:28] | or Charles Forstman | 或者查尔斯·傅滋曼 |
[35:30] | or any of those other people you despise. | 或任何一个你鄙视的人好到哪里去 |
[35:34] | Don’t you see? | 你还没看出来吗 |
[35:38] | We could protect each other. | 我们是可以互相保护的 |
[35:39] | You don’t want us to protect each other, Louis. | 你不是希望我们互相保护 路易 |
[35:41] | You want someone to tell you | 你是希望有人告诉你 |
[35:44] | that what you’re thinking is okay, | 你的想法没有问题 |
[35:48] | and I’m not going to do that. | 但我不会那么说的 |
[35:51] | Jessica, please. | 杰西卡 拜托了 |
[35:53] | Good night, Louis. | 晚安 路易 |
[36:01] | So you want to turn yourself in | 你因为某个作弊者说你 |
[36:03] | because some cheater called you a bully? | 是个恶棍就想去自首吗 |
[36:04] | No, Donna, I want to turn myself in | 不 唐娜 我自首是因为 |
[36:06] | because he was right. I’m not unbeatable. | 他说的没错 我不是不可战胜的 |
[36:09] | No, Harvey, I think he made you feel guilty, | 不 哈维 我觉得是他让你觉得愧疚 |
[36:11] | and now you’re not seeing clearly. | 而你没法看清情况了 |
[36:13] | – Donna– – Harvey, if it were anybody other than Mike on trial | -唐娜 -哈维 如果不是迈克而是别人受审 |
[36:16] | and you saw his closing, | 而你看了他的结案陈词 |
[36:17] | do you think that the jury would convict him? | 你觉得陪审团会给他定罪吗 |
[36:19] | I don’t know, Donna, but I can’t afford | 我不知道 唐娜 但我不能 |
[36:21] | to be wrong about this. | 承受出错的后果 |
[36:22] | Then let me as you a question: | 那我问你一句 |
[36:24] | why aren’t you talking to dr. Agard about this? | 你为什么不跟阿加德医生聊这事 |
[36:26] | – How do you know about her? – Because I do. | -你怎么知道她的 -我就是知道 |
[36:28] | And I also know that the last time you had | 我还知道你上次做重大决定时 |
[36:29] | a huge decision to make, you went to her and not me. | 是去找了她 而不是我 |
[36:32] | Because that was about business | 因为上次是公事 |
[36:33] | – and this is personal. – No, Harvey, | -这次是私事 -不 哈维 |
[36:35] | you didn’t go to her because you know she won’t try | 你没去找她是因为你知道 |
[36:36] | to talk you out of this, but I will. | 她不会试图劝阻你 但我会 |
[36:39] | – Donna– – Don’t do it. | -唐娜 -别那么做 |
[36:41] | Don’t fall on your sword again. | 别再自愿承担后果了 |
[36:42] | – I have to– – No, you don’t. | -我必须… -你不必 |
[36:44] | We might not win. | 我们可能赢不了 |
[36:45] | You don’t always have to be the hero. | 你不需要永远都做英雄 |
[36:46] | I’m not doing it to be the hero. | 我那么做不是为了当英雄 |
[36:48] | Then why the hell are you doing it? | 那你为了什么 |
[36:50] | Because it’s my goddamn fault. | 因为是我自己犯的错 |
[36:56] | No, Harvey, it’s not. | 不 哈维 不是你的错 |
[36:59] | It’s Mike’s fault just as much as it is yours. | 那是你和迈克两人的错 |
[37:02] | Then why should I be the one to throw him under the bus? | 那为什么要我来将他推进火坑 |
[37:04] | Don’t you get it? I am not asking you | 你不明白吗 我不是要你 |
[37:06] | to throw him under the bus. | 将他推进火坑 |
[37:07] | I am asking you | 我是请求你 |
[37:09] | to believe that the two of you | 相信你们两人 |
[37:10] | are worthy of being found innocent. | 值得被判无罪 |
[37:13] | And what if I can’t do that? | 如果我做不到呢 |
[37:14] | Then you can march yourself down to Gibbs’s office | 那你可以等早上再去吉布斯办公室 |
[37:16] | in the morning and turn yourself in. | 把自己交出去 |
[37:21] | But I don’t want you to do that. | 但我不希望你那么做 |
[37:24] | Why not? | 为什么 |
[37:26] | Because I think you’re worthy. | 因为我觉得你应该被判无罪 |
[37:31] | And I don’t want to lose you. | 我也不希望失去你 |
[37:44] | Harvey, | 哈维 |
[37:46] | go to the courthouse in the morning, | 明早去法院 |
[37:47] | sit with Mike until that verdict comes in, | 跟迈克一起坐下来 等判决出来 |
[37:49] | and show him that you have faith in him. | 让他看到你对他有信心 |
[37:54] | Like I have faith in you. | 就像我对你有信心一样 |
[38:16] | Hello? | 你好 |
[38:19] | Yeah, this is him. | 对 我是 |
[38:23] | Yeah, yeah, I’ll be right there. | 好 我马上到 |
[38:26] | How’s the jury back so early? | 陪审团怎么这么快就出来了 |
[38:29] | Oh, it’s not the jury. | 不是陪审团 |
[38:31] | It’s the prosecutor from the Diaz case. | 是迪亚兹案的检察官 |
[38:33] | He wants to talk. | 他想跟我聊聊 |
[38:45] | I may have hired a fraud, | 我或许雇了个骗子 |
[38:46] | but you’re the one who had the chance to turn him in, | 但你才是那个有机会告发他 |
[38:49] | and you used his secret to get what you always wanted… | 却你利用他的秘密实现你一直以来的目的人 |
[38:51] | – Mr. Litt… – so don’t come in here– | -利特先生 -别半夜十一点来这里 |
[38:52] | I’m sorry to interrupt, | 很抱歉打扰你 |
[38:54] | but your cousin Gertrude’s on the phone. | 但你表妹格特鲁德打来电话了 |
[38:56] | She said she needs to know | 她说她需要确定 |
[38:57] | whether you found that old mixed tape of hers. | 你找到她那盘旧混音带没 |
[39:02] | Tell her I didn’t. | 告诉她没找到 |
[39:05] | Tell her it must have gotten thrown out, | 告诉她肯定是被扔掉了 |
[39:08] | and to never ask me about it again. | 让她别再问我了 |
[39:12] | – Good. – What do you mean “Good”? | -好的 -什么好 |
[39:14] | I been wanting to tell Anita Gibbs to go to hell | 从这事一开始 我就想告诉安妮塔·吉布斯 |
[39:16] | since this whole thing started. | 让她下地狱去 |
[39:27] | Mr. Ross, | 罗斯先生 |
[39:29] | I’d like to make your client an offer. | 我想给你当事人一个协议 |
[39:32] | We’re listening. | 我们在听 |
[39:34] | We don’t want you, Mr. Diaz. | 我们不想抓你 迪亚兹先生 |
[39:36] | You said you were just driving the truck and I believe you, | 你说你只是在开车 我们相信你 |
[39:39] | and we already have the two gentleman | 我们已经抓到了 |
[39:40] | who committed the actual felony. | 两位犯下重罪的男士 |
[39:41] | So, all you have to do is testify against them, | 所以你要做的 就是指证他们 |
[39:45] | – and you walk. – What? | -然后就可以走了 -什么 |
[39:46] | Holy shit. No jail time? | 老天 不用坐牢吗 |
[39:48] | – No jail time. – Okay that’s enough. | -不用 -好 那就够了 |
[39:49] | – I need a moment with my client. – No, I don’t need a moment. | -我需要跟我当事人谈谈 -不 我不用谈 |
[39:51] | – I’ll take it. – Mr. Diaz, listen to me. | -我接受 -迪亚兹先生 听我说 |
[39:52] | Testifying against your friends may not seem like a big deal | 指证你的朋友在目前看来可能不是大事 |
[39:54] | right now, but it’s something you are gonna have to live with | 但你今后一生都要背负 |
[39:56] | – for the rest of your life. – I don’t owe them anything, | -这个罪孽 -我什么都不欠他们 |
[39:59] | and if I can get myself off, that’s what I’m gonna do. | 如果我能自己脱罪 我就做 |
[40:00] | He’s only offering you this | 他给你这个协议 |
[40:01] | because he doesn’t have a case against you. | 只是因为他没有起诉你们的证据 |
[40:03] | He’s a two-time loser. I’ll make a case against him. | 他已经输掉两个案子 我会让他再输一次 |
[40:07] | Mr. Diaz… | 迪亚兹先生 |
[40:10] | Give me the pen. | 把笔给我 |
[40:14] | You are making a huge mistake. | 你在犯大错 |
[40:15] | Yeah, well, I don’t think so, | 我不这么想 |
[40:18] | and if you were in my shoes, you’d do the exact same thing. | 如果你在我的立场 你也会做一样的事 |
[40:20] | I would never send my friends to prison. | 我绝不会把朋友送进监狱的 |
[40:23] | Yeah, well, they find me guilty, | 如果他们给我定罪 |
[40:24] | they’re gonna send my friends to prison anyways. | 也一样会送我朋友进监狱 |
[41:50] | Harvey, thank God. | 哈维 谢天谢地 |
[41:52] | The jury came back. We have an hour. | 陪审团出来了 我们有一小时时间 |
[41:54] | – Where’s Mike? – I don’t know. | -迈克呢 -我不知道 |
[41:58] | What’s the matter? | 出什么事了 |
[41:59] | Harvey? | 哈维 |
[42:01] | I have to go. | 我得走了 |
[42:37] | Another back, right? | 又回来了 不是吗 |
[42:39] | I don’t care. | 我不在乎 |
[42:41] | I’m ready to take your deal. | 我准备好接受协议了 |
[42:44] | Which one? | 哪个协议 |