时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:07] | I’ve been after Sutter for three years now. | 因为我已经追查萨特三年了 |
[00:09] | This guy’s one slippery son of a bitch. | 这个狡猾的混蛋 |
[00:10] | Wait a second, William Sutter? | 等等 威廉·萨特吗 |
[00:12] | He came to me a week ago to take him on. | 他上周来找过我让我为他辩护 |
[00:14] | You cross one line that puts me in jeopardy, | 你一旦做了任何威胁到我的事 |
[00:16] | I’m gonna pull the plug on this whole thing. | 我就会把这件事叫停 |
[00:17] | I need a large, expensive home in the Hamptons. | 我需要在汉普顿买一栋又大又贵的房子 |
[00:19] | Why are you buying a vacation home? | 你为什么要买一栋度假住宅 |
[00:21] | Because I told Tara Messer | 因为我告诉塔拉·梅瑟 |
[00:22] | that I have a property out there, | 我在那里有一处房产 |
[00:23] | and I hired her to remodel it for me. | 而且我雇了她来重新装修 |
[00:25] | Damn it, Harvey, I’m not colluding on this, | 可恶 哈维 我不会在这个案子上和你串通 |
[00:27] | and you’re in here trying to get me | 你居然来这里 |
[00:28] | to bring an indictment against your own client. | 怂恿我对你自己的客户提起公诉 |
[00:30] | Because when you bring that indictment, I’m gonna beat it, | 因为你提起公诉后 我会打赢官司 |
[00:32] | and if you don’t bring it, | 可你不起诉 |
[00:33] | and continue investigating my client, I’m gonna sue you. | 且继续调查我的客户 我就会去告你 |
[00:35] | I think it’s pretty goddamn funny | 我觉得最可笑的是 |
[00:37] | that you don’t trust me, when you’re the one | 你口口声声说你不信任我 但你才是那个 |
[00:38] | that won’t even tell me what you’re in here for. | 连进来的原因都不敢告诉我的人 |
[00:40] | Okay. I’ll do it. | 好 我接受 |
[00:43] | – Excuse me? – Your pro bono. | -你说什么 -你的法律援助案件 |
[00:45] | Bring me the file tomorrow morning. | 明早带文件来 |
[00:46] | It was a good fix, Sean. | 你这招接得很漂亮 肖恩 |
[00:48] | It was a good move, Harvey. | 你的招出得也不错 哈维 |
[00:49] | Want to get a drink? | 想去喝一杯吗 |
[00:50] | Why don’t we just have one here? | 不如就在这儿喝怎么样 |
[00:51] | Why? As of right now, | 为什么 目前为止 |
[00:52] | you have no action pending against my client. | 你还没有针对我客户的动作 |
[00:54] | But as of tomorrow, I do, | 但明早就有了 |
[00:57] | ’cause those indictments are coming down in the morning. | 因为明早起诉书就要提出了 |
[00:59] | Kevin, what did you do? | 凯文 你做了什么 |
[01:01] | I got in a fight with my wife. | 我跟妻子吵了一架 |
[01:02] | I got drunk. I got into my car, and I almost killed someone. | 我喝醉了 开着车 差点撞死人 |
[01:06] | I’m missing 1,000 chances to hug my kids in the morning | 我错过了上千次早晨抱抱我的孩子的机会 |
[01:09] | and kiss my wife good night, | 晚上亲吻我妻子的机会 |
[01:11] | all because I couldn’t control myself. | 只是因为我没有控制好自己 |
[01:14] | What were you fighting with your wife about? | 你跟你妻子是因为什么吵的架 |
[01:16] | I can’t. I just can’t. | 我不能说 不能说 |
[01:30] | Harvey. What are you doing here? | 哈维 你在这干什么 |
[01:33] | Mike, sit down. I need to tell you something. | 迈克 坐下 我得跟你说件事 |
[01:38] | What’s going on? | 怎么了 |
[01:39] | I’m working on getting you out of here. | 我在想办法把你弄出去 |
[01:41] | Yeah, I know you are. | 对 我知道 |
[01:43] | I’m not talking about what we’re doing for Cahill. | 我不是指为卡荷尔做的事 |
[01:45] | I’m talking about something else. | 我是说别的 |
[01:45] | Harvey, we’re in a room full of people. | 哈维 这里这么多人 |
[01:47] | You can’t be talking about Cahill. | 你不能在这提卡荷尔 |
[01:48] | If Kevin finds out– | 如果凯文知道了 |
[01:49] | It doesn’t matter if Kevin finds out now. | 他现在知道也无所谓了 |
[01:51] | He’s done. | 他完了 |
[01:52] | What do you mean, “He’s done?” | 你说他完了是什么意思 |
[01:54] | I mean Rachel’s dead… | 瑞秋死了 |
[01:59] | and Kevin killed her. | 是凯文杀了她 |
[02:03] | What? | 什么 |
[02:05] | It’s true. | 是真的 |
[02:07] | You son of a bitch. | 你个混蛋 |
[02:07] | You’re lying to me. | 你在骗我 |
[02:09] | Goddamn it. He told you he did it. | 该死 他跟你说了是他干的 |
[02:11] | – Bullshit. – He got drunk. | -放屁 -他喝醉了 |
[02:13] | He got in a car. | 开着车 |
[02:15] | He murdered the woman you love. | 撞死了你爱的女人 |
[02:16] | – Stop saying that. – And now you’re going | -别说了 -而你下半辈子 |
[02:18] | to be stuck in here with him for the rest of your life. | 就要跟他一起困在这里了 |
[02:21] | Stop it. Kevin would never do that to me. | 别说了 凯文不会那么对我的 |
[02:22] | – Mike, wake up. – No. | -迈克 醒醒吧 -不 |
[02:24] | – Mike. – No. | -迈克 -不 |
[02:25] | – Wake up. Wake up. – No! | -醒醒 醒醒 -不 |
[02:26] | – Mike, wake up. – No, no, no, no, no. | -迈克 醒醒 -不不不 |
[02:28] | Mike, wake up. | 迈克 醒醒 |
[02:34] | Hey, you okay? | 你没事吧 |
[02:37] | – Yeah. Yeah, I’m fine. – You sure? | -没事 我没事 -你确定 |
[02:39] | ‘Cause that was some dream you were having. | 你好像做了个很可怕的梦 |
[02:40] | I’m fine. | 我没事 |
[02:47] | Just going back to sleep. | 我接着睡了 |
[03:00] | Harvey, good, there you are. | 哈维 太好了 你来了 |
[03:02] | – What’s going on? – Sutter just called. | -怎么了 -萨特刚刚打来 |
[03:04] | Let me guess, the indictments came down? | 让我猜猜 起诉书出来了吧 |
[03:06] | He wants you in his office an hour ago. | 他一小时之前就要你去他办公室了 |
[03:07] | I’ll tell him you’re on your way. | 我去跟他说你在路上了 |
[03:08] | No. Tell him you couldn’t reach me. | 不 跟他说你找不到我 |
[03:11] | You want him to start sweating, but why? | 你要他紧张 但是为什么 |
[03:13] | Because when people start sweating, | 因为人一紧张 |
[03:15] | they start talking to their lawyer. | 就会开始跟他的律师说实话 |
[03:18] | I’ll tell Ray to be on hold. | 我让雷去待命 |
[03:20] | No, tell him to pull around. | 不 让他把车开过来 |
[03:21] | But you just said you weren’t going to Sutter’s. | 你不是说你不去萨特那边吗 |
[03:23] | I’m not. I’m going somewhere else. | 的确 我要去别的地方 |
[03:29] | Oh, look who it is, the man of the hour. | 看看谁来了 大明星啊 |
[03:31] | – Did you get my indictments? – I sure as hell did. | -你收到我的起诉书了吗 -当然收到了 |
[03:33] | Now that the party’s started, | 既然派对已经开始了 |
[03:34] | why don’t you tell me what Kevin Miller knows? | 你告诉我凯文·米勒知道些什么吧 |
[03:36] | – What are you talking about? – You went after the guy | -你在说什么 -你咬定这个人 |
[03:38] | to try to get him to flip on Sutter, | 想要他出卖萨特 |
[03:40] | so what’d you think he was gonna give you? | 你觉得他能给你什么证据 |
[03:41] | – I’m not gonna tell you that. – Why not? | -我才不会告诉你 -为什么 |
[03:43] | Because I told you when I started this thing, | 因为我一开始就跟你说了 |
[03:45] | – I’m not gonna collude. – We’re not colluding. | -我不会跟你串通的 -我们这不是串通 |
[03:47] | It’s called discovery. | 这叫发现 |
[03:48] | So why don’t you tell me what the hell Kevin Miller knows? | 你赶快告诉我 凯文·米勒到底知道些什么 |
[03:54] | He developed the trading programs | 凯文设计了一个交易软件 |
[03:55] | that Sutter claims to use to get his superior returns. | 萨特声称是靠那个软件获得了高额回报 |
[03:58] | Then that program’s got to be full of shit, | 那这个软件肯定没什么用 |
[04:00] | because if it isn’t– | 不然的话 |
[04:01] | Then Sutter’s not inside trading, | 萨特就没有做内部交易 |
[04:02] | which he sure as shit is. | 而他绝对是做了内部交易 |
[04:03] | So you’re looking to have Kevin testify | 所以你想要凯文作证 |
[04:05] | that software is bullshit, and Sutter knows it. | 那个软件是狗屁 而萨特也是知情的 |
[04:07] | – Bingo. – Then let me ask you this, | -没错 -那让我问你 |
[04:09] | what exactly did you put Kevin away for? | 你是以什么罪名把凯文抓进去的 |
[04:12] | And why do you need to know that? | 你又是为什么要知道答案 |
[04:13] | Because it might help us figure out | 因为这也许可以帮我们弄清楚 |
[04:14] | what his weak spot is. | 他的弱点是什么 |
[04:16] | We got him on vehicular assault while | 我们给他的罪名是 |
[04:18] | driving under the influence. | 醉驾撞人 |
[04:20] | Are you kidding me? | 你在逗我吗 |
[04:21] | Why didn’t you think to tell us that? | 你之前怎么没想着告诉我们一声 |
[04:23] | Why would I? | 我为什么要说 |
[04:24] | Mike’s parents were killed by a drunk driver. | 迈克的父母就是被一个醉酒的司机撞死的 |
[04:26] | And how the hell was I supposed to know that? | 我怎么可能知道这一点 |
[04:28] | I don’t know. It would have been nice | 我不知道 要是你能在 |
[04:29] | to know what this asshole did, | 我们把迈克送回去和他同住之前 |
[04:30] | before we sent Mike back into a cell with him. | 知会我们一声这个混蛋做了什么就好了 |
[04:40] | Hey, what happened to you this morning? | 你今早怎么了 |
[04:43] | What do you mean? | 什么意思 |
[04:45] | – You skipped breakfast. – I wasn’t hungry. | -你没去吃早餐 -我不饿 |
[04:48] | – That all it was? – What are you talking about? | -只是因为这个吗 -你想说什么 |
[04:51] | Come on, Mike, you had a nightmare last night. | 拜托 迈克 你昨晚做了个噩梦 |
[04:53] | You’ve been avoiding me all morning, | 然后今早一直在回避我 |
[04:54] | and you’re acting weird right now–what’s going on? | 现在又表现得很怪异 到底怎么了 |
[04:56] | Nothing’s going on. | 没什么 |
[04:59] | Then why the hell were you in a cold sweat, | 那你到底为什么吓出了一身冷汗 |
[05:01] | muttering something about someone not finding out, | 咕哝着什么有人没发现 |
[05:03] | and then calling out my name? | 然后还喊了我的名字 |
[05:08] | All right, Kevin, you want to know what’s going on? | 好吧凯文 你想知道这是怎么回事是吧 |
[05:11] | I had a dream that you killed Rachel in a car accident. | 我梦见你撞死了瑞秋 |
[05:14] | That’s probably why I don’t particularly | 那也许就是今早 |
[05:15] | feel like hanging out with you this morning. | 我不太想理你的原因 |
[05:17] | Because of what you told me about your parents, | 是因为你和我讲过的你父母的事 |
[05:18] | – Mike, I’m really sorry. – Are you? | -迈克 我真的很抱歉 -真的吗 |
[05:22] | What–what’s that supposed to mean? | 这是什么意思 |
[05:23] | I mean, last night you told me you almost killed someone. | 昨晚你告诉我你差点撞死了一个人 |
[05:24] | Are you sorry about that? | 你对此感到抱歉吗 |
[05:26] | You got to be kidding me. | 你在说笑吗 |
[05:27] | You have a dream, and now you’re questioning | 你做了个梦 然后就来质问我 |
[05:28] | if I feel bad about what I did that night? | 我是否为那晚的事感到抱歉 |
[05:30] | You still haven’t answered whether or not you do. | 你还没回答我你是否感到抱歉 |
[05:32] | You know what? You need to be pissed off | 知道吗 假如你需要冲我发火 |
[05:33] | at me to deal with your shit, you go right ahead. | 来调节心情 没问题 |
[05:35] | But I feel horrible about what happened that night, | 但我对那晚发生的事感到无比的悔恨 |
[05:37] | and for your information, | 而且我告诉你 |
[05:38] | the guy that I hit is fully recovered right now, | 我撞的那个人如今已经痊愈了 |
[05:41] | and I’m still in here paying for this shit. | 而我却依然在这里赎罪 |
[06:21] | Break out the champagne, Louis. | 准备开香槟庆祝吧 路易 |
[06:22] | That house in the Hamptons is gonna be yours into 90 days. | 汉普顿的房子九十天之后就是你的了 |
[06:25] | – They accepted my offer? – That they did. | -他们接受我的报价了 -没错 |
[06:27] | Well, then I have something much better than champagne… | 我有比香槟更好的庆祝方式… |
[06:30] | Wood. | 木材 |
[06:30] | I don’t really see how that’s better than champagne. | 我真看不出来这怎么就比香槟好了 |
[06:32] | Of course you don’t. | 你当然看不出来 |
[06:33] | Because you don’t know that I’m having a replica | 因为你不知道我正在为塔拉 |
[06:35] | of my house made for Tara, | 搭建一个我房子的模型 |
[06:36] | so she can see her designs come to life. | 这样她就能看见自己的设计成真了 |
[06:38] | Louis, that’s actually really sweet. | 路易 这一招真甜啊 |
[06:40] | I know. | 我知道 |
[06:41] | Now, all I need to do is pick the perfect wood. | 现在 我只需要选择完美的木材 |
[06:45] | I don’t follow. | 我没明白 |
[06:46] | Donna, the kind of wood you get | 唐娜 你所选择的木材 |
[06:48] | says everything you need to know | 能完全展示出 |
[06:50] | about what kind of man you are. | 你是一个什么样的男人 |
[06:52] | How hard or soft it is. | 是软还是硬 |
[06:53] | How much it bends when you’re working it. | 使用的时候能弯曲到什么程度 |
[06:56] | How firm it is compared– | 以及它是如何的坚定… |
[06:57] | I got the picture, Louis. | 我明白了 路易 |
[06:58] | No, I don’t think you do. | 不 我觉得你没明白 |
[07:00] | Making Tara love my wood | 让塔拉爱上我的木材 |
[07:01] | is the first step toward making her love me. | 是让她爱上我的第一步 |
[07:02] | – Okay, Louis, calm down. – No. | -好了 路易 冷静点 -不 |
[07:04] | I don’t really want to calm down, | 我并不想冷静下来 |
[07:05] | because all I can think about my wood. | 因为我满脑子都是我的木材 |
[07:09] | So tell me, | 那告诉我 |
[07:10] | exactly how many different kinds of wood | 你一天之中 |
[07:12] | have you sampled in your day? | 看了多少种不同的木材 |
[07:14] | All of them. | 所有品种 |
[07:14] | Mahogany, chestnut, walnut, all the nuts. | 红木 栗木 胡桃木 各种木 |
[07:16] | Ebony? | 乌木呢 |
[07:17] | Don’t even get me started on ebony. | 别给我起乌木这个头 |
[07:18] | When I see ebony, | 当我看见乌木时 |
[07:19] | all I want to do is put my hands all over it. | 我只想抚摸它 |
[07:20] | – Oh, God. – I want to live in it. | -老天 -我想住在里面 |
[07:21] | I want to smack it and hit it, rub it down. | 我想拍它 打它 摩擦它 |
[07:23] | I just want to eat it. | 我真想吃了它 |
[07:25] | What’s so funny? | 有什么好笑的 |
[07:26] | Nothing. Um… | 没什么… |
[07:28] | I just think that a man needs to follow his heart | 我只是觉得一个男人应该遵从自己的内心 |
[07:33] | and choose the wood that just feels right. | 选择他感觉对的那种木材 |
[07:36] | – Feels right. – Yeah. | -感觉对的 -没错 |
[07:37] | That’s it. Donna… | 正是如此 唐娜… |
[07:40] | I need you to help me feel my wood. | 我需要你帮我感受我的木材 |
[07:41] | Oh, dear God. | 老天爷啊 |
[07:46] | God damn it, Julie, | 该死的 朱莉 |
[07:48] | call his office again, | 再给他办公室打一次电话 |
[07:49] | and this time tell him to find– | 这次告诉他去找… |
[07:50] | If you’re talking about my office, | 假如你说的是我的办公室 |
[07:52] | there’s no need. | 那就不必打电话了 |
[07:52] | I’m right here. | 我来了 |
[07:53] | What the hell took you so long? | 你怎么现在才来 |
[07:54] | – I was unavailable. – Well, I just got indicted, | -我之前没空 -我刚刚被起诉了 |
[07:56] | so from now on you make yourself available. | 所以从现在开始 你必须有空 |
[07:58] | I get it. | 我明白了 |
[08:00] | This all just got real for you, | 你刚开始觉得这不是玩笑 |
[08:01] | so why don’t you tell me right now, | 所以你现在何不告诉我 |
[08:03] | how real is the rest of it? | 其他部分有多真实 |
[08:05] | What are you saying? | 你在说什么 |
[08:05] | I’m saying, Cahill claims | 我在说 卡荷尔声称 |
[08:07] | that you can’t make the returns you do. | 你是赚不到你所赚的利润的 |
[08:08] | You say you can, | 而你说你可以 |
[08:09] | and I want to know how you do it. | 所以我想知道你是怎么赚到的 |
[08:11] | We use a proprietary trading algorithm. | 我们使用了一个自营交易算法 |
[08:13] | – Developed by who? – My son-in-law. | -由谁开发的 -我的女婿 |
[08:14] | Good, then we can give it to Cahill, | 很好 那我们就可以把这个算法给卡荷尔了 |
[08:16] | ’cause he just subpoenaed it. | 因为他刚刚申请到了传票 |
[08:17] | – No, we can’t. – Why the hell not? | -不 我们不能给 -为什么 |
[08:19] | Because the trades on which I make the most money | 因为我赚钱最多的那些交易 |
[08:21] | have nothing to do with that program. | 和那个程序无关 |
[08:22] | Are you kidding me? | 你开什么玩笑 |
[08:24] | You’re admitting to inside trading? | 你在承认自己有内线交易 |
[08:26] | I’m not admitting to anything, except that sometimes | 我什么都没承认 只是有些时候 |
[08:27] | I trade with my gut. | 我的交易靠的是直觉 |
[08:29] | Well, I got news for you, William. | 那么威廉 我要告诉你 |
[08:31] | To a jury, that’s gonna sound like you’re full of shit. | 你这话在陪审团听来 会觉得你有罪 |
[08:34] | Okay, smart guy, pick up that journal. | 那好 聪明人 拿起那份报纸 |
[08:38] | Give me a stock. | 说出一支股票的名字 |
[08:39] | NASDAQ, New York Stock Exchange, I don’t give a shit. | 纳斯达克 纽约证交所 什么都行 |
[08:41] | Just pick one. | 随便选一个 |
[08:43] | – All right, Computech. – Computech. | -骏科网络讯息 -骏科网络讯息 |
[08:45] | 1.59 billion shares outstanding. | 流通股票15.9亿股 |
[08:48] | Yesterday’s close, 32, flat. | 昨日收盘于32 比较平稳 |
[08:50] | Today’s opening, 33 1/4. | 今日开盘于33.25 |
[08:51] | P/E’s at 17. | 市盈率17% |
[08:53] | Earnings expected to grow at 2% a year. | 年利润有望增长2% |
[08:55] | What it doesn’t say in there, | 报纸上没说的是 |
[08:56] | is that the earnings aren’t gonna grow, | 公司的利润不会增长 |
[08:58] | because the CEO doesn’t give a shit, | 因为他们的首席执行官并不在乎 |
[08:59] | which makes it a value trap dressed up like a princess, | 这使得这个陷阱充满了迷惑性 |
[09:02] | and I wouldn’t touch it with a ten-foot pole. | 我可不会去踩这样的无底洞 |
[09:04] | That’s a pretty neat trick, William, | 你这伎俩很高超 威廉 |
[09:06] | but it isn’t gonna stop this subpoena. | 但传票该来还是会来的 |
[09:08] | It’s not a trick. It’s what I do. | 这不是伎俩 这就是我的本事 |
[09:11] | What you’re gonna do, is stop that son of a bitch | 你需要做的 就是阻止那个混蛋 |
[09:13] | from getting his hands on my program. | 让他不要插手我的生意 |
[09:20] | Rachel, whatever it is, it’s going to have to wait. | 瑞秋 不管有什么事都先等等再说 |
[09:24] | Okay, but you told me to bring you everything | 可你让我把今天早上 |
[09:25] | I have on the Bailey case this morning. | 把贝利案的所有材料都拿给你 |
[09:27] | Great. Leave it on my desk | 很好 放我桌子上吧 |
[09:28] | and I’ll get to it sometime this week. | 我这周抽时间看看 |
[09:30] | Oh, I’m sorry, Jessica, | 抱歉 杰西卡 |
[09:31] | I was really hoping that we could go over it today. | 我希望今天就能和你探讨一下案情 |
[09:32] | I was hoping to be out the door by now. | 我这会急着要出去 |
[09:34] | Look, I know that I said | 我知道我说过 |
[09:35] | this wouldn’t take up too much of your time, but… | 这案子不会耽误你太多时间 可是… |
[09:37] | Rachel, I said I would do this, and I will, | 瑞秋 我都答应你了 肯定会帮忙的 |
[09:40] | – but you just have to be patient. – I understand. | -但你一定要有耐心 -我能理解 |
[09:43] | It’s just, Leonard Bailey’s been patient for 12 years. | 可伦纳德·贝利已经等了12年了 |
[09:45] | And I have sympathy for the man, | 我同情这个人 |
[09:48] | but today’s not the day. | 但今天不行 |
[09:58] | Don’t bother with another menu. I’ll just have a Cobb salad. | 不用拿菜单了 来份科布沙拉就好 |
[10:03] | What do you think you’re doing? | 你这是要干什么 |
[10:04] | What does it look like I’m doing? | 你觉得呢 |
[10:05] | I’m having lunch with a client | 我正在跟客户共进午餐 |
[10:06] | to discuss his investment business. | 讨论他的投资业务 |
[10:08] | You don’t represent my investment business. | 你又没代理我的投资业务 |
[10:09] | Which is exactly why we need to have lunch. | 所以才应该共进午餐 |
[10:11] | No, we don’t need to have anything, | 不 我们没这个必要 |
[10:12] | ’cause the deal was Harvey gets me cleared | 因为我们有协议 |
[10:13] | of criminal charges, | 哈维帮我扫清刑事诉讼后 |
[10:14] | then you get the rest of my business. | 你才能接管我剩下的业务 |
[10:16] | I don’t care what the deal was, William. | 我不在乎那份之前的协议 威廉 |
[10:17] | I care what the deal is. | 我在乎的是现在这份 |
[10:19] | Because now that that indictment’s come down, | 因为眼下你马上就要被起诉了 |
[10:20] | Harvey is going to be spending all of his time on you. | 哈维的全部精力都会花在你身上 |
[10:24] | – That’s not my problem. – I’m making it your problem. | -这与我无关 -那我就把它归结到你身上 |
[10:27] | We get all of your business, or we handle none of it. | 我们接管你的所有业务 不然就此收手 |
[10:30] | Bullshit. | 荒唐 |
[10:31] | You quit, you lose billables you can’t afford to lose. | 你们退出 这笔可观的服务费就泡汤了 |
[10:34] | We quit, and it looks like we realized | 我们退出 别人会觉得我们意识到了 |
[10:36] | your case was a loser and wanted distance from it, | 你的案子注定是败局所以想撤退 |
[10:38] | which you can’t afford. | 这舆论你们也承担不起 |
[10:40] | You really want to start a business relationship this way? | 你真的想以这种方式开始合作关系吗 |
[10:43] | I don’t give a shit how it starts, William. | 我不在乎如何开始 威廉 |
[10:45] | I give a shit how it looks. | 我只关心别人怎么看 |
[10:48] | Oh, that’s why you did this here. | 原来你是因为这个才来这 |
[10:50] | You want it to look like you already represent my firm. | 你想让别人认为 你们已经代理我的公司了 |
[10:53] | Well, look at that. | 反应够快 |
[10:55] | Looks like I’m worth hiring after all. | 看来你没雇错人 |
[10:58] | So are we actually going to talk business, | 那我们究竟是合作呢 |
[11:00] | or am I just gonna bill you for the pleasure of my company? | 还是还是单纯的雇佣关系 |
[11:11] | Mike, what can I do for you? | 什么事 迈克 |
[11:14] | You can tell me if you do straight-up therapy or not. | 请你告诉我 你会不会用诚实疗法 |
[11:17] | – What’s on your mind? – You didn’t answer my question. | -为什么这么问 -你没回答我的问题 |
[11:21] | I didn’t think I needed to, | 我觉得没这个必要 |
[11:22] | since we’ve been doing straight-up therapy | 因为自从你入狱 |
[11:24] | since you got here. | 我们一直都采用这种疗法 |
[11:25] | So, you want to tell me what you’re here for? | 说吧 找我到底什么事 |
[11:31] | My parents were killed by a drunk driver when I was 11, | 我十一岁时 父母被一个醉酒的司机撞死了 |
[11:35] | and yesterday I found out that | 然而昨天我发现 |
[11:37] | Kevin almost killed someone drunk driving. | 凯文在醉酒的状态下差点撞死了人 |
[11:39] | So I need you to help me act normal around him, | 因此我想让你帮我 在他面前表现得正常些 |
[11:41] | so that I can get what I need, so I can get out of here. | 从而达到我的目的 最终离开这里 |
[11:43] | Oh, well, that’s gonna be a problem. | 问题就出在这 |
[11:45] | Because the goal of therapy | 因为这种治疗的目的 |
[11:47] | is not to act normal, it’s to be normal. | 不在于表现的正常 而是真正的正常 |
[11:49] | Yeah, well, I’ll be normal when I’m home | 我回到家跟心爱的女人在一起 |
[11:51] | with the woman I love instead of dreaming | 就会正常 也不会梦到 |
[11:53] | that the guy I’m sharing a cell with killed her. | 跟我住一间牢房的人杀掉了她 |
[11:55] | – What? – I had a dream last night | -什么 -我昨晚做了个梦 |
[11:59] | that I didn’t have to inform on Kevin anymore, | 梦到我不再需要告发凯文了 |
[12:01] | because he killed Rachel in an accident. | 因为他在一次事故中杀掉了瑞秋 |
[12:04] | And I must have been talking about it in my sleep, | 我肯定是做梦的时候说梦话了 |
[12:06] | because he asked me about it today, | 因为他今天问起我了 |
[12:07] | so I told him the accident part, and then we got in a fight. | 我给他讲了事故那段梦 然后我们就吵了起来 |
[12:11] | – Fight about what? – I asked him | -为什么吵起来 -我问他 |
[12:13] | if he even felt bad about the guy he hit. | 是否因为撞了人感到愧疚 |
[12:15] | So you turned it back on him? | 也就是说你把责任推到了他身上 |
[12:17] | What is that even supposed to mean? | 你这话什么意思 |
[12:18] | It means that I think you picked a fight with Kevin | 意思是 我觉得你找茬跟凯文打架 |
[12:20] | because you didn’t want to think about | 因为你自己不愿意思考 |
[12:22] | why you had that dream. | 为什么会做那种梦 |
[12:23] | I know why I had the dream. | 我知道为什么 |
[12:24] | It’s because he almost killed someone | 是因为他差点撞死别人 |
[12:26] | the same way my parents were killed. | 而我父母就是被撞死的 |
[12:27] | No, you had the dream, because you don’t want to deal | 不 你做那梦 是因为你不愿意面对 |
[12:29] | with what you’re doing to your friend. | 你对朋友的背叛 |
[12:30] | – Oh, this again. – Yes, this again. | -又来这套 -没错 就是这套 |
[12:33] | Mike, why do you think part of the dream was finding out | 迈克 你觉得在你梦里 |
[12:36] | that you didn’t have to inform on him anymore? | 不再需要出卖他的原因是什么 |
[12:38] | God damn it, I did not come here | 该死 我来这里 |
[12:39] | to second guess my decision. | 为的不是质疑我的决定 |
[12:41] | Do you know what? I don’t care. | 你知道吗 我不在乎 |
[12:43] | Because I wouldn’t be doing my job, | 因为如果我不告诉你这个行为的后果 |
[12:45] | if I didn’t inform you that actions have consequences, | 我就没有尽职尽责 |
[12:48] | and you seem to think that | 但看来你自认为 |
[12:49] | the only consequence of what you’re doing | 你所作所为的唯一结果 |
[12:51] | is getting out of here early, but it’s not. | 就是能提早出狱 其实不然 |
[12:52] | I think you don’t know shit about what I’ve been through. | 我觉得你对我所经历的事一无所知 |
[12:56] | It’s a mistake coming to you for help. | 真不该来找你帮我 |
[13:03] | And this is the fifth bedroom, | 这是第五个卧室 |
[13:05] | and I’m completely open to you knocking down walls | 我完全不介意你拆墙 |
[13:07] | or removing windows, by the way. | 或者封堵窗户 |
[13:09] | No, I love the windows. | 不用 我喜欢窗户 |
[13:11] | – They let in so much light. – I agree. | -窗户使得光线充足 -我同意 |
[13:12] | We should add a wall of glass. What do you think? | 我们应该加一面玻璃墙 你觉得呢 |
[13:14] | I think the place is beautiful, | 我觉得这个地方太漂亮了 |
[13:16] | and I appreciate you bringing these photos over, | 谢谢你带来这些照片 |
[13:18] | but when can we go see it in person? | 但我们什么时候能亲自去看看 |
[13:22] | – In person? – Yes, of course. | -亲自去 -没错 |
[13:24] | I need to see the space before I can start drafting anything. | 我得在开始绘图之前看一下空间布局 |
[13:27] | I was just thinking we could work closer together | 我以为我们在开始之前 |
[13:29] | for the next 60 to 90 days before you started that. | 能先紧密合作六十到九十天 |
[13:31] | That wouldn’t be productive. | 那样效率太低 |
[13:32] | But I couldn’t possibly make it out there | 但我在接下来的七到十个工作日内 |
[13:33] | in less than seven to ten business days. | 都去不了那里 |
[13:35] | That’s too bad. | 那太可惜了 |
[13:36] | I was gonna be out there the day after tomorrow. | 我本来想后天去那看看的 |
[13:38] | I was thinking we could see the space, | 我以为我们能看看房子 |
[13:39] | and then maybe go have lunch. | 然后吃个午餐什么的 |
[13:41] | Lunch? Together? | 一起吃 午餐 |
[13:45] | Well, I wasn’t thinking of eating in separate restaurants. | 我没想过我们要分开吃饭 |
[13:48] | Ha! Of course you weren’t. | 当然不会 |
[13:50] | Day after tomorrow’s perfect. | 后天没问题 |
[13:51] | – But I thought you couldn’t– – I can, and I will, | -但我以为你不能 -我能 我会去的 |
[13:53] | and I will meet you at my ancestral home, | 那我们后天下午 在我祖传的 |
[13:55] | that I’ve owned for quite some time, day after tomorrow. | 属于我一段时间了的别墅见 |
[14:04] | Your Honor, I’m simply requesting Mr. Sutter hand over– | 法官大人 我只是要求萨特先生提交 |
[14:07] | Something he has not right to. | 你没权要求他提交的东西 |
[14:09] | I have every right to make sure | 我有权力确保 |
[14:10] | that your client is operating within the law. | 你的客户在法律要求范围内进行操作 |
[14:12] | And what exactly is your basis to say that he isn’t? | 你是基于什么说他不在法律要求范围内呢 |
[14:15] | Your Honor, when you break the home run record, | 法官大人 当你打破本垒打记录 |
[14:17] | and someone says, “Your bat is corked,” | 但有人说”你的球棒有问题”时 |
[14:19] | you turn it over to show it’s not. | 你转身给他们看你的球棒并没问题 |
[14:21] | Except when that bat is the reason you hit all those homers, | 除非这个球棒正是你击出所有全垒打的原因 |
[14:24] | because the second he gets it, | 因为一旦他拿到了球棒 |
[14:26] | everyone in the world’s gonna know what’s in it. | 全世界的人都知道里面有什么了 |
[14:28] | And my client might as well go out of business right now. | 那我的客户还不如现在直接关门停业得了 |
[14:32] | That is a ridiculous supposition | 这是个毫无证据支持的 |
[14:34] | without a shred of proof to back it up. | 可笑的假设 |
[14:35] | How’s this for proof? | 这个证据如何 |
[14:37] | Your Honor, six years ago, | 法官大人 六年前 |
[14:38] | Mr. Cahill went on a fishing expedition just like this one. | 卡荷尔先生做过像这次一样的非法调查 |
[14:42] | That has nothing to do with this. | 这二者毫无关系 |
[14:43] | doesn’t it? | 是吗 |
[14:44] | He subpoenaed a proprietary trading program | 他传讯过凯斯勒投资公司的 |
[14:47] | from Kessler Capital. | 一个自营交易软件 |
[14:48] | It proved no wrongdoing, | 结果证明没有非法行为 |
[14:50] | and ten months later they were out of business. | 十个月之后 他们就倒闭了 |
[14:51] | That has nothing to do with my subpoena. | 这跟我的传讯毫无关系 |
[14:53] | And I have an affidavit here from Mr. Kessler saying | 我有一份来自凯斯勒先生的宣誓书说 |
[14:56] | it was directly because of your subpoena. | 这和你的传讯有直接关系 |
[14:59] | Mr. Cahill, is what he’s saying true? | 卡荷尔先生 他说的是事实吗 |
[15:01] | Did you go after Kessler in the same manner, | 你对凯斯勒用过同样的手段 |
[15:03] | and did he go under ten months later? | 十个月后他倒闭了吗 |
[15:05] | – Yes, but– – No buts, | -是的 但是… -没有但是 |
[15:08] | do you have any other evidence to present to the court? | 你还有其他证据向当庭提供吗 |
[15:11] | Not at this time, Your Honor. | 目前没有了 法官大人 |
[15:13] | Then your request is denied. | 那你的要求被驳回了 |
[15:22] | There you are. | 原来你在这呢 |
[15:22] | What the hell are you doing in the executive kitchen? | 你在行政总厨干什么 |
[15:24] | What does it look like I’m doing? I’m being executive. | 你觉得我像在干什么 我在管事呢 |
[15:26] | But you’re not an executive. | 但你不是主管 |
[15:27] | Until I made the executive decision that I was. | 我决定了我自己是 我就是了 |
[15:30] | Now, is there something I can help you with? | 有什么我能帮你的吗 |
[15:32] | Yeah. I want you to forget that latte | 有 我想让你先别惦记拿铁 |
[15:34] | and get me unfettered access to my new home, | 给我搞到自由进出新房子的权利 |
[15:36] | after thoroughly cleansing it | 并且把房子前任住户的痕迹 |
[15:37] | of any trace of its former occupants. | 清理得一干二净 |
[15:39] | And why, exactly, do you need me to do that? | 你到底为什么想要我这么做 |
[15:41] | Because Tara wants to see the house, | 因为塔拉后天想看房子 |
[15:42] | and then have lunch with me the day after tomorrow. | 然后我们要共进午餐 |
[15:44] | Louis, your offer was just accepted, | 路易 你的报价刚被接受 |
[15:46] | and there’s never been a one-day escrow | 在公证史上从来没有 |
[15:47] | in the history of escrows. | 一天就走完流程的 |
[15:49] | You don’t think I know that? | 你以为我不知道吗 |
[15:50] | I just spent the last hour | 我前一个小时一直都在 |
[15:51] | arguing with five different escrow officers. | 和五个不同的公证人员周旋 |
[15:52] | I get it. | 我明白了 |
[15:54] | You want me to get people to do things | 你想让我推动人们 |
[15:55] | they’d never be willing to do, | 在一段不可能完成任务的时间内 |
[15:56] | in a timeframe that makes it impossible for them to do it in. | 做他们永远不想做的事 |
[15:59] | – Exactly. – Then make me a double latte | -完全正确 -那给我弄杯双份拿铁 |
[16:01] | and get the hell out of my way, | 然后别在这妨碍我干活 |
[16:01] | because I’m about to executive decision | 因为我将要去执行主管决定 |
[16:03] | your sorry ass into that house. | 让你能进那所房子了 |
[16:07] | What are you drinking? | 你喝什么呢 |
[16:09] | A 60-year-old bottle of the finest single malt in the world. | 一瓶六十年的世界顶级纯麦威士忌 |
[16:11] | Then get me a glass. | 给我来一杯 |
[16:12] | Not until I know what happened in court today. | 你先告诉我今天法庭上的事再说 |
[16:14] | Well, let me put it this way. | 我这么跟你说吧 |
[16:16] | The only thing that Sean Cahill’s gonna be drinking tonight | 卡荷尔今天晚上唯一能喝的 |
[16:19] | is a shit-out-of-luck daiquiri. | 就是不走运牌的鸡尾酒 |
[16:21] | How’d you get it done? | 你是怎么办到的 |
[16:22] | I established a pattern of him | 我给建立了一个 |
[16:23] | going fishing without enough bait. | 他习惯没有足够证据就起诉形象 |
[16:25] | Then have a drink before you get back in there | 那就喝一杯 然后赶紧回去 |
[16:27] | and knock the bastard out before he can throw another punch. | 让那混蛋再无还手之力 |
[16:29] | – What are you saying? – I’m saying, | -你什么意思 -我的意思是 |
[16:31] | I want you to get this entire action dismissed. | 我要你直接撤销这个案子 |
[16:34] | William, that’s a terrible idea. | 威廉 这不是个好主意 |
[16:36] | Not to me, because he’s got nothing. | 对我来说是 因为他没有任何证据 |
[16:38] | I don’t care. | 这我不管 |
[16:39] | What you’re suggesting is a mistake. | 你的建议是个大错误 |
[16:41] | You still haven’t told me why. | 你还是没解释为什么 |
[16:43] | Because you only get one shot at dismissal, | 因为撤诉申请只有一次机会 |
[16:44] | and now’s not the time to take it. | 现在还不到时候 |
[16:46] | Well, I say it is. I’m not suggesting it. | 我说到了 这不是建议 |
[16:48] | I’m flat out telling you to do it. | 我是在命令你这么做 |
[16:49] | I didn’t get where I am by letting my clients bully me. | 我有今天的名声也不是因为被委托人威胁得来的 |
[16:52] | And I didn’t get where I am | 我有今天的名声 |
[16:53] | by allowing my employees to dictate terms, | 也不是屈服于我的雇员得来的 |
[16:55] | which I already did once today. | 而且今天我已经屈服了一次 |
[16:57] | I’m not gonna do it again. | 我不打算再来一次 |
[16:58] | What’s that supposed to mean? | 你什么意思 |
[16:59] | It means Jessica Pearson convinced me to give your firm | 意思是杰西卡·皮尔逊今天下午逼我把 |
[17:01] | the rest of my business this afternoon. | 其余的业务也交给了你们 |
[17:03] | So if you don’t move to | 所以如果你不去 |
[17:04] | have the charges against me dismissed, | 申请撤诉 |
[17:05] | I’ll have her do it for you. | 我就让她代替你 |
[17:17] | Harvey, I was just on my way out. | 哈维 我正要出去 |
[17:19] | Well, you can be on your way back in, | 你不用出去了 |
[17:20] | because I just came from Sutter’s. | 因为我刚从萨特那回来 |
[17:22] | I take it he told you about our little conversation today. | 看来他告诉你我们聊了两句的事了 |
[17:24] | If, by conversation, you mean going behind my back | 如果你所谓的聊了两句的意思是指 |
[17:27] | and getting his investment business, | 你背着我签了他的投资业务 |
[17:28] | then yeah, he told me. | 那么没错 他是告诉我了 |
[17:29] | I didn’t go behind your back. | 我没有背着你干什么 |
[17:31] | I saw an opportunity, and I took it. | 只是看到了一个机遇 采取了行动而已 |
[17:33] | Well, now he’s seeing an opportunity, and he’s taking it. | 现在他也看到了一个机遇 采取了行动 |
[17:36] | What are you talking about? | 什么意思 |
[17:37] | He’s leveraging what you did | 他拿你们的合同威胁我 |
[17:39] | to get me to move for an immediate dismissal. | 要我申请撤诉 |
[17:42] | And, don’t tell me, you think it’s gonna work? | 我猜猜 你觉得能成功 |
[17:44] | I sure as hell do. | 肯定能成 |
[17:45] | And the second it does, | 一旦成功 |
[17:46] | Mike’s chance at getting out goes with it, | 迈克出狱的希望也就破灭了 |
[17:48] | thanks to you. | 托你的福 |
[17:49] | Hang on there, tiger. | 镇定 小老虎 |
[17:51] | You’re not in this position because of something I did. | 你现在的处境不是因为我做了什么 |
[17:54] | You’re in it because of Sutter, | 而是因为萨特 |
[17:55] | and he’d be demanding you have this case dismissed | 不管他有没有把业务给我们 |
[17:57] | whether we have his other business or not. | 都会命令你申请撤诉 |
[17:59] | – That’s not the point. – No, Harvey, the point is, | -这不是重点 -不 哈维 重点是 |
[18:02] | I have been out there busting my ass | 我这几天在外面 |
[18:04] | trying to find us new business for days, | 费尽力气给我们拉新业务 |
[18:06] | and do you know what they keep asking? | 你知道他们最爱问哪个问题吗 |
[18:08] | Why don’t we have Sutter’s investment business. | 我们为什么还没拿到萨特的投资业务 |
[18:10] | Goddamn right. We needed it. | 一点没错 我们需要拿到它 |
[18:12] | I got it, and now they’re not asking anymore. | 于是我拿到了 现在他们都不问了 |
[18:17] | Well, what’s gonna happen when we lose this case, | 那要是我们输掉了官司 |
[18:19] | and his business goes away? | 失去了他的业务呢 |
[18:20] | What happens is, we’re already built back up by then, | 到那时 我们已经恢复了元气 |
[18:23] | so instead of blaming me | 所以别再来指责说 |
[18:25] | for the position Sutter has put you in, | 是我害你陷入了萨特让你陷入的困境 |
[18:27] | I suggest you go ahead | 我建议你 |
[18:28] | and find yourself a way out of it. | 想个办法自己解决 |
[18:37] | Rachel, what can I do for you? | 瑞秋 有什么事情吗 |
[18:39] | I was hoping you could do something for Leonard Bailey. | 我是希望您能为伦纳德·贝利做点事情 |
[18:42] | I drafted a motion to reopen his case, | 我拟写了动议 重开他的案子 |
[18:44] | but I need a current member of the Bar to file it. | 但我需要一个正式律师递交申请 |
[18:46] | And what happened to the person you said | 你说能监督你办案子的 |
[18:47] | was gonna take this on? | 那个律师呢 |
[18:49] | She can’t get to it till later this week, | 她得等到这周末才有时间 |
[18:50] | but I want to get on this as soon as possible. | 但我想尽快开始 |
[18:51] | Rachel, I’m sorry, but I told you before, | 瑞秋 我很抱歉 但我说了 |
[18:53] | I don’t have the resources to work on this case now. | 我现在没有时间精力给这个案子 |
[18:55] | Professor, this man has a wife who gave up on him | 教授 这个人的妻子放弃了他 |
[18:57] | and children that he doesn’t see. | 孩子也见不到面 |
[19:00] | His entire life is passing him by, | 他的整个人生正在离他而去 |
[19:02] | and the only way for him to start getting it back | 而唯一能给他一个找回人生的机会 |
[19:05] | is to just have someone who cares enough about him | 就是有一个人能在意一点 |
[19:08] | that they give him a half hour of their time. | 腾出半个小时时间做点事 |
[19:13] | Let me see your motion. | 我看看动议 |
[19:25] | This is well drafted. | 写得很不错 |
[19:26] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[19:28] | But I’m afraid it won’t work. | 但恐怕不会成功 |
[19:31] | What are you talking–no– | 什么意思 不会 |
[19:32] | look, there’s no reason that he should have been convicted. | 根本就没有理由给他定罪 |
[19:33] | – Look at the evidence. – That’s not the point, Rachel. | -您看看证据 -这不是重点 瑞秋 |
[19:35] | I’ve worked on dozens of these cases, | 我办过很多这种案子了 |
[19:38] | and like it or not, the standard to reopen | 不管你怎么想 重开旧案的标准 |
[19:39] | is higher than what it says in the books. | 实际上比规定高出很多 |
[19:41] | You need something undeniable. | 你需要铁证才行 |
[19:45] | Then what am I supposed to do? | 那我该怎么做 |
[19:46] | You’re supposed to use your gumption to find that something, | 你需要投入精力去找到一个铁证 |
[19:50] | and get Leonard Bailey the justice he’s been waiting for. | 然后才能还他公正 |
[19:57] | Harvey, it’s late. | 哈维 很晚了 |
[19:58] | Whatever you’re doing here | 不管你来干什么 |
[20:00] | is gonna have to wait until morning. | 都得等到明天再说 |
[20:01] | – It can’t. – Why’s that? | -不行 -为什么 |
[20:03] | Because Sutter wants me to move for an immediate dismissal. | 因为萨特要我即刻申请撤诉 |
[20:05] | What? | 什么 |
[20:06] | You leveraged me into bringing this indictment, | 是你让我提出诉讼的 |
[20:08] | and now you want to toss it? | 现在你又要毁了它 |
[20:09] | I don’t want to toss it, but if I don’t, | 我不想毁掉它 但我要是不申请 |
[20:12] | he’s gonna find someone else who will. | 他就会换律师申请 |
[20:13] | What are you doing here, Harvey? | 你来干什么 哈维 |
[20:15] | Nothing, I’m just finishing my dinner. | 没什么 吃晚餐而已 |
[20:17] | The thing is, I don’t like to litter, | 但是 我不喜欢扔垃圾 |
[20:19] | so why don’t you do me a favor? | 不如你帮我个忙 |
[20:21] | If I forget this when I go, | 要是我走的时候忘了扔 |
[20:25] | why don’t you take it upstairs and throw it away? | 能不能请你拿上去替我扔了 |
[20:27] | What’s in the bag, Harvey? | 包里放了什么 哈维 |
[20:29] | A wrapper, couple napkins, | 一个包装纸 几张餐巾纸 |
[20:31] | and a few extra fries. | 还有点薯条 |
[20:33] | What the hell is in the bag, Harvey? | 哈维 老实告诉我包里到底放了什么 |
[20:35] | What you needed to keep this case going, | 放着你需要用来保护案子 |
[20:36] | and I stopped you from getting. | 而我一直不让你碰的东西 |
[20:37] | Damn it, you said you were gonna defend him | 妈的 你之前还说你会尽你一切所能 |
[20:39] | – to the best of your ability. – And I meant it. | -帮他辩护 -那也是真的 |
[20:41] | But I also knew, if push came to shove, | 但我当时也知道 如果这和把救出迈克 |
[20:44] | I’d do what I had to to get Mike out, | 有所冲突的话 我会选择救迈克 |
[20:46] | and I made my peace with it. | 并且我能接受这么做 |
[20:48] | – Yeah, well, I haven’t. – Yes, you have. | -可是我还没有如此觉悟 -你有的 |
[20:49] | What are you talking about? | 你到底在说什么 |
[20:50] | You’ve been giving me this song and dance about not colluding, | 你一直给我扯那些不和我共谋之类的调子 |
[20:54] | and it didn’t matter what I said back to you, | 而且只要是让你相信我们不共谋的话 |
[20:56] | as long as it was something to let you believe we wouldn’t. | 无论我怎么回复你都无关紧要了 |
[21:00] | Because that song wasn’t for me, it was for you. | 因为那些陈词滥调不是为了我好 是为了你好 |
[21:03] | For me? Bullshit. | 为了我好 狗屁 |
[21:04] | I don’t think so, Sean, | 这不是狗屁的 肖恩 |
[21:05] | because you don’t break a guy out of prison | 因为你不会只为了仕途晋升 |
[21:07] | just to advance your career. | 而帮人越狱 |
[21:10] | Look, this means something to you. | 这案子对你意义重大 |
[21:13] | I don’t need to know what it is, | 我不需要知道为什么 |
[21:14] | but it means something to me too, | 但是它同样对我意义重大 |
[21:16] | so let’s just admit that we’re in this together | 所以痛快承认我们同一战线 |
[21:18] | and get this thing done. | 完成这件事 |
[21:20] | Take that garbage and throw it away. | 拿走你的垃圾自己扔了 |
[21:33] | Now can I have champagne? | 现在能和我共饮一杯了吗 |
[21:35] | You got the realtor to give you the key to the house. | 你让中介把别墅的钥匙给你了 |
[21:37] | Not only that, I got him to agree to take the Kellmans | 不但如此 我还让他决定明天 |
[21:40] | to brunch tomorrow from 10:00 to 2:00 | 十点到两点带科尔曼斯去 |
[21:41] | to celebrate their big sale. | 吃庆功早午餐 |
[21:43] | Well, that is great, Donna, | 太好了 唐娜 |
[21:44] | but I don’t just need to get into the house. | 但是我不但需要自由进出这座别墅 |
[21:45] | I need Tara to believe that it’s my house, which means– | 我还要塔拉相信我是别墅的主人 意味着 |
[21:48] | No lock box on the door, | 意味着门上的锁盒不能有 |
[21:49] | no for sale sign in the yard, | 院子里的待售牌子不能有 |
[21:50] | and no personal belongings in the house, | 别墅里的私人物品不能有 |
[21:52] | which is why we are gonna be there at 10:01 | 因此我们要十点零一分到达那里 |
[21:54] | to stage the shit out of that place. | 好好把房子布置一下 |
[21:56] | and these are coming with us. | 而且我们要带着这堆东西去 |
[22:01] | You reframed pictures of Bruno? | 你把布鲁诺的照片重新装裱了 |
[22:03] | In the style of the house. | 配合别墅的样式 是的 |
[22:06] | And not just Bruno… | 而且不只布鲁诺 |
[22:10] | Mikado. | 还有米卡多 |
[22:12] | That’s perfect, Donna. | 太棒了 唐娜 |
[22:14] | I just thought showing Tara your wood | 我只是觉得要让她了解你的为人 |
[22:15] | wasn’t the only way to show her what kind of man you are. | 让她看你有什么样的木头不是唯一的方法 |
[22:18] | Thank you, Donna. | 谢谢你 唐娜 |
[22:20] | You’re welcome, Louis. | 不客气 路易 |
[22:25] | Since when do we get a room | 我们居然也用上房间 |
[22:27] | instead of having to use those damn phones? | 不用再通过那些低级电话机了 |
[22:30] | Since I officially became part of your legal team. | 因为我正式成为你法务团队的一部分了 |
[22:33] | – My legal team? – That’s right. | -我的法务团队 -没错 |
[22:35] | The firm that I work for is taking your case. | 我工作的事务所接下了你的案子 |
[22:42] | After all this time. | 这么久以来… |
[22:46] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[22:48] | You’re welcome. | 不客气 |
[22:51] | But we still need to get the case reopened, | 但是我们还需要想办法重开你的案子 |
[22:53] | and to do that we need to find something new. | 为此我们需要找新的证据 |
[22:57] | So where do we get that? | 我们要怎么做 |
[22:58] | I was going through the state’s case file, | 我看了案件卷宗 |
[23:00] | and I read your police report. | 里面有审讯记录 |
[23:02] | You said there was a woman with you that night | 你说那天晚上你和一个女人待在一起 |
[23:04] | who can testify that you didn’t kill that couple. | 她能证明你没有杀害那对夫妻 |
[23:07] | That’s right, Maria, | 对的 叫玛利亚 |
[23:09] | but that’s not new. | 但那不是新的证据 |
[23:11] | Well, it’s new as far as the court’s concerned, | 但对法庭来说它是新证据 |
[23:13] | because it was never admitted at trial. | 因为它从未被庭审承认呈供过 |
[23:15] | Well, let’s admit it. | 那就提交啊 |
[23:16] | It’s not that easy. | 没那么容易 |
[23:17] | I need to understand why it was never admitted. | 我要知道它当时为何没被承认 |
[23:19] | Because the damn woman up and disappeared before my trial. | 因为那个女人突然在庭审前玩失踪 |
[23:23] | My lawyer didn’t do a thing. | 而我的律师也没去想办法 |
[23:25] | You had an alibi witness, | 你有不在场证明的证人 |
[23:26] | and your public defender let her get away. | 然而你的公诉人却让她走掉了 |
[23:28] | That’s what I’ve been saying. | 我一直都是这么说的啊 |
[23:29] | Maria could have told the jury that I didn’t do it, | 玛利亚本来可以向陪审团证明人不是我杀的 |
[23:31] | instead no one told them. | 但最后却没了证人 |
[23:33] | Two weeks later, I’m in here, | 两周之后 我就被关起来了 |
[23:36] | and I’ve been here ever since. | 时至今日我仍然被关在这里 |
[23:38] | Is there anything else I need to know? | 你还有其他什么事情没有告诉我吗 |
[23:42] | Then I need to find Maria Gomez. | 那我就得去找玛利亚·戈麦斯了 |
[23:53] | Look, man, please, I really don’t want to talk. | 拜托 我现在真的不想说话 |
[23:55] | Good, ’cause I want you to listen. | 没问题 因为是我有话要说 |
[24:01] | When I was a kid, I thought we had it good. | 我小时候 我以为我们过得还不错 |
[24:06] | And we did. | 也确实还行 |
[24:07] | Had a nice house, nice neighborhood. | 有好的房子 好的邻居 |
[24:09] | Except for one thing. | 除了一件事 |
[24:12] | Turns out my father… | 原来我的父亲 |
[24:15] | was a criminal. | 是个罪犯 |
[24:17] | One day he got caught. He went to prison. | 某一天他被抓了 蹲了监狱 |
[24:18] | My whole life fell apart. | 我的生活因而分崩离析 |
[24:21] | How old were you? | 你当时多大 |
[24:23] | 15. | 15岁 |
[24:26] | I’ll tell you something. | 我告诉你 |
[24:28] | I hated that man for doing what he did to me, | 我因为恨那个人毁了我的生活 |
[24:31] | so I did what messed up 15-year-olds do. | 做了生活一团糟的15岁少年都会做的事 |
[24:34] | – Started acting out. – Acting out? | -行为乖张 -乖张 |
[24:38] | Brother, I was on my way to a place worse than this. | 兄弟 我当时的前景比这惨多了 |
[24:43] | Finally, my mom made me see someone, | 最终 我妈妈强迫我去看心理医生 |
[24:46] | and he helped me realize that if I didn’t change, | 他让我意识到 如果当时我不做出改变 |
[24:49] | I was gonna ruin my life. | 我会毁了自己的一生 |
[24:52] | So I straightened out and turned my life around. | 因此我力求改正 把生活转向了正常轨道 |
[24:55] | And that’s why you do what you do. | 这就是你选择这份职业的原因 |
[24:57] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[25:00] | Why are you telling me this? | 你为什么要跟我说这些 |
[25:02] | Because the way that man got through to me | 因为那个人说服了我是因为 |
[25:04] | was to open up about himself, | 他向我打开了自己的心扉 |
[25:06] | and I realized that if I really want to help you, | 我意识到如果我真的想要帮你 |
[25:10] | I got to do the same. | 我也得这样做 |
[25:19] | All right, I dragged this out as long as I can, | 好吧 我已经在尽力拖延了 |
[25:21] | but I’m pretty much done drafting this motion. | 但这个动议真的拟的差不多了 |
[25:23] | So I’ll need you to proof it– | 所以我要你递交… |
[25:24] | Harvey, before I do that, | 哈维 在那之前 |
[25:25] | I think you should take a look at these. | 我想你得看看这个 |
[25:27] | – What is it? – Cahill issued subpoenas | -什么 -卡荷尔申请了传票 |
[25:29] | to deposition William Sutter and Kevin Miller. | 要对威廉·萨特和凯文·米勒进行取证 |
[25:31] | That sneaky son of a bitch. | 这个卑鄙的杂种 |
[25:33] | Why are you smiling? | 你笑什么 |
[25:34] | Because last night I went to Cahill | 因为昨晚我去找了卡荷尔 |
[25:35] | and tried to give him Sutter’s trading program. | 想把萨特的交易程序给他 |
[25:38] | You did what? | 你做了什么 |
[25:39] | It was the only way I could see | 这是我认为唯一能让 |
[25:41] | to stop the case from getting dismissed, | 这个案子不被撤销的方法 |
[25:42] | but he wouldn’t take it. | 但是他没接受 |
[25:44] | And this buys you time. | 而这能给你争取时间 |
[25:45] | It does, if the judge waits to rule on our motion | 是的 前提是法官等卡荷尔 |
[25:47] | until after Cahill conducts these depositions. | 取证完之后再判决我们的动议 |
[25:50] | Harvey, even if that works, | 哈维 即使这样有用 |
[25:51] | what if Cahill doesn’t get enough from the depositions | 要是卡荷尔不能取证到足够的证据 |
[25:53] | to keep the case alive? | 以让案件不被撤销呢 |
[25:54] | Then Mike’s chance of getting out of prison is gone, | 那迈克出狱的机会也就没了 |
[25:56] | which means Cahill’s not the only one | 也就意味着要利用这个机会 |
[25:58] | that needs to use this to try and get something. | 得到点结果的人不只卡荷尔一个人 |
[26:04] | I have to admit, Ms. Zane, | 我得承认 赞恩小姐 |
[26:05] | when you said you were looking into the Bailey case, | 当你说要查看贝利的案子 |
[26:07] | my interest was piqued. | 真是激起了我的好奇心 |
[26:08] | That was a long time ago. | 这是很久以前的案子了 |
[26:10] | Well, you’ve obviously come a long way | 明显你不做公设辩护人 |
[26:12] | since your public defender days. | 过得好了很多 |
[26:13] | You don’t exactly see the best of humanity at that job, | 在这种工作里你几乎看不到什么人性美好 |
[26:17] | which makes it one you can only do for so long. | 这也就让你不能坚持很久 |
[26:19] | But you didn’t come here to be my therapist. | 但你肯定不是来给我心理治疗的 |
[26:22] | No, I came to talk about Maria Gomez. | 不 我想谈谈玛利亚·戈麦斯 |
[26:25] | What about her? | 她怎么了 |
[26:26] | I’m curious as to how you can have | 我很好奇在有一个能做 |
[26:27] | an alibi witness on a murder case, | 不在场证明证人的前提下 |
[26:29] | and your client ends up on death row. | 你的委托人还是成了死囚犯 |
[26:31] | Because I didn’t have an alibi witness. | 因为我并没有一个能做不在场证明的证人 |
[26:33] | I had a no-show who vanished into thin air, | 证人凭空消失了 |
[26:35] | and I didn’t have the resources to find her. | 而我也没有办法找到她 |
[26:36] | And you didn’t think to ask the police at trial | 你也没想问问负责的警察为什么 |
[26:39] | why they didn’t follow up on Leonard’s alibi? | 他们没有跟进伦纳德的不在场证明吗 |
[26:41] | I did think of it, | 我想到了 |
[26:42] | and they would have said what they always say, | 但他们总是一贯的说辞 |
[26:43] | “Every murderer claims to have an alibi,” | “每个杀人犯都说自己有不在场证明” |
[26:45] | and if I couldn’t produce her, why should they? | 如果我都提不出来 他们为什么要跟进 |
[26:47] | Well, you could have at least asked for postponement, | 你至少可以要求延期受审 |
[26:49] | to have time to find her. | 来找到她 |
[26:50] | And I would have, except for one thing. | 我是可以 只是还有个小问题 |
[26:52] | I wasn’t sure a drug addict with a prior conviction | 我不确定一个有前科的瘾君子 |
[26:54] | would have done Leonard Bailey much good. | 能帮到伦纳德·贝利什么忙 |
[26:57] | That’s about her character, not the facts of the case. | 这是她的品格问题 跟案件事实无关 |
[26:59] | Her character is a fact of the case, | 她的品格就是案件事实 |
[27:01] | and when I pressed her as to what the two of them were doing | 当我要求她说出事发那时他们 |
[27:03] | at the time of those murders, | 两个人在做什么 |
[27:04] | she admitted they were both on meth, | 她承认说他们磕了冰毒 |
[27:06] | and it wasn’t the first time. | 而且还不是第一次 |
[27:08] | Which, by the way, might have something to do with | 而这也可能跟她为什么没有 |
[27:10] | why she never showed up at trial. | 上庭作证有关 |
[27:13] | So you can try to reopen this case if you want, Ms. Zane, | 你想重开这个案子随你 赞恩小姐 |
[27:16] | but I am telling you, | 但我得提醒你 |
[27:17] | you’re wasting your time. | 你是在浪费自己的时间 |
[27:26] | What’s going on? | 什么情况 |
[27:28] | What’s going on is, the clock’s ticking. | 情况就是我们时间不多了 |
[27:31] | Sutter wants me to get the case dismissed. | 萨特想要我把案子撤销 |
[27:33] | – What? If that happens, I’ll– – I know. | -什么 这样的话我就… -我知道 |
[27:35] | Now, listen to me. | 现在听我说 |
[27:36] | I bought us a little time, | 我为我们争取了一点时间 |
[27:39] | but I need you to do something. | 但我要你做件事 |
[27:41] | Okay. | 好 |
[27:44] | – What is it? – Sutter doesn’t know this yet, | -什么事 -萨特还不知道这件事 |
[27:46] | but he and I are gonna be here tomorrow | 但我和他明天会来这里 |
[27:47] | to have a practice deposition with Kevin. | 帮凯文准备取证流程 |
[27:50] | So I need you to do the best | 所以我要你尽力利用 |
[27:52] | Sean Cahill you have to get them talking. | 肖恩·卡荷尔这件事让他们说话 |
[27:54] | You want me in the room? | 你要我加入他们吗 |
[27:57] | I don’t think that’s a good idea. | 我不觉得这是个好主意 |
[27:58] | Didn’t you hear me? We’re running out of time. | 你没听到我说的吗 我们没有时间了 |
[28:00] | I heard you, but I don’t think it’s a good idea | 我听到了 但我不觉得现在 |
[28:02] | for me to be in the same room as Kevin right now. | 让我和凯文共处一室是个好主意 |
[28:04] | – The drunk driving. – You knew? | -酒驾的事情吧 -你早都知道 |
[28:07] | – I just found out. – Well, then you also know | -刚知道 -那你也应该知道 |
[28:09] | it’s probably not the best time for me to chum up to him. | 现在不是让我和他称兄道弟的好时候 |
[28:11] | I’m not asking you to chum up to him. | 我不是要你跟他做好哥们儿 |
[28:13] | I’m asking you to piss him off. | 我是叫你让他发飙 |
[28:15] | – What are you talking about? – Kevin knows something, | -你什么意思 -凯文知道一些事情 |
[28:18] | and he’s not talking. | 但他什么都不说 |
[28:19] | So we could sit around here for the next two years | 我们可以在这里坐等两年 |
[28:22] | waiting for him to tell you, or we can light a fire | 等着他主动告诉你 但我们也可以 |
[28:24] | under his ass by reminding him | 激怒他 提醒他 |
[28:26] | that Sutter’s out there, | 萨特逍遥法外 |
[28:27] | while he’s in here. | 而他却在蹲监狱 |
[28:29] | Now, are you with me or not? | 你到底同不同意 |
[28:34] | I’m with you. | 同意 |
[28:41] | I take it you’re here to give me the good news. | 我想你是来告诉我好消息的吧 |
[28:44] | – I’m afraid not. – I thought I made myself clear. | -恐怕不是 -我还以为我说清楚了 |
[28:47] | If you don’t make a motion to dismiss this– | 如果你不提交动议撤销这个… |
[28:48] | I did file a motion to dismiss, | 我已经提交了撤销动议 |
[28:50] | but it doesn’t matter, | 但这并没什么用 |
[28:51] | because Cahill filed subpoenas | 因为卡荷尔提交了传票申请 |
[28:53] | to depose you and your son-in-law first, | 要向你和你女婿取证 |
[28:55] | and until those depositions happen, | 在取证结束前 |
[28:57] | the court won’t file on the motion. | 法庭都不会对动议做裁定 |
[28:59] | Goddamn it. | 该死 |
[29:00] | How the hell did he know to do that | 他怎么就知道在我们 |
[29:01] | when we’re about to have the case thrown out? | 正要撤销案子的时候想到用这个办法的 |
[29:03] | I don’t know, but that’s not what I came here to talk about, | 我不知道 但我过来不是和你讨论这个的 |
[29:06] | because we need to get you and Kevin Miller | 因为我们得把你和凯文·米勒 |
[29:08] | in a room to prepare you for your deposition. | 弄到一个房间里来准备你俩的供词 |
[29:10] | You want us to go to prison? | 你想让我们去监狱 |
[29:11] | I don’t see any other choice, | 我想不到别的办法了 |
[29:13] | so you should call whoever it is | 所以你现在最好打电话 |
[29:14] | you were gonna meet this morning | 给你今天早上约好要见的人 |
[29:15] | and tell them you can’t make it, | 告诉他们你来不了了 |
[29:16] | because you and I are going to Danbury. | 因为你和我要去一趟丹伯里联邦监狱 |
[29:30] | Were you really serious about wanting to help me? | 你是真的想帮我吗 |
[29:32] | Why do I get the feeling that’s not a simple question? | 为什么我觉得这不是个单纯的问题 |
[29:36] | Because I want to know if you’re willing to give me access | 因为我想知道你是不是愿意给我查看 |
[29:38] | to certain records. | 某些记录的权限 |
[29:40] | I’m sorry, Mike, I cannot give information on other inmates. | 抱歉 迈克 我不能泄露其他囚犯的信息 |
[29:43] | That’s okay, because those aren’t the records | 没关系 因为我想找的不是 |
[29:45] | I’m looking for. | 那些记录 |
[29:48] | Did you find Maria? | 你找到玛利亚了吗 |
[29:51] | You know, I haven’t even started looking for her yet, | 其实 我还没开始找她 |
[29:55] | because you lied to me. | 因为你骗了我 |
[29:57] | What? | 什么 |
[30:00] | I didn’t lie to you about shit. | 我没跟你撒谎 |
[30:03] | Well, you certainly didn’t tell me that you and Maria | 但你显然也没告诉我你和玛利亚 |
[30:05] | were high the night of those murders. | 在谋杀发生当晚嗑药嗑嗨了 |
[30:08] | – Who told you that? – Georgina Casey. | -谁跟你说的 -乔治娜·凯西 |
[30:11] | You went to see my old lawyer? | 你去见我之前的律师了 |
[30:12] | Yes, I did. | 是的 没错 |
[30:15] | And now you sitting over there looking at me like, | 所以你现在坐在那边看着我就好像在说 |
[30:18] | “You know, maybe he could have killed those people after all.” | “谁知道 也许那些人真的是他杀的” |
[30:22] | Leonard, when I went into that meeting, | 伦纳德 我去会面之时 |
[30:24] | I was on your side. | 是站在你这一边的 |
[30:25] | And you came out of it off it. | 而会面结束之后你就改变立场了 |
[30:27] | No, when I came out of it, I had questions. | 不 当那场会面结束 我产生了疑问 |
[30:29] | Okay, ask them. I got nothing to hide. | 好啊 那就问啊 我没什么好藏的 |
[30:32] | Really? Because you hid something from me the last time. | 真的吗 因为你上次就有事瞒着我 |
[30:35] | That was different. | 那不一样 |
[30:36] | – No, it’s relevant. – No, it isn’t. | -不 那是相关事实 -不 不是的 |
[30:38] | You were high the night of the murders, | 谋杀发生当晚你嗑药嗑嗨了 |
[30:40] | and you lied to me about it. | 而你却撒谎没跟我说 |
[30:42] | Because I’m ashamed of how I used to be. | 因为我对过去的我感到羞愧 |
[30:45] | I was a high school dropout on my way nowhere, | 我曾是个高中辍学毫无前途的孩子 |
[30:49] | so, yeah, I looked for an escape | 所以 是的 当我找到自己可以承受的起的 |
[30:51] | when I could afford one. | 逃避方式的时候我就选择逃避了 |
[30:53] | I’m not saying I didn’t make some mistakes | 我并没有说我没有犯错 |
[30:56] | or maybe even commit a few crimes, | 或者可能甚至还犯了一些罪 |
[30:58] | but killing those kids was not one of them. | 但我绝对没有杀害那些孩子 |
[31:04] | And that’s the truth, but I guess it doesn’t matter, | 事实就是这样 但我猜现在也无所谓了 |
[31:08] | because if you don’t find Maria, | 因为如果你找不到玛利亚 |
[31:10] | someday they’re gonna walk me down that hall | 总有一天他们会把我送上刑场 |
[31:13] | and put me to death. | 给我执行死刑 |
[31:15] | Then I guess I better get back to finding her. | 那我猜我最好还是赶紧回去找到她 |
[31:17] | But, Leonard, I’m telling you, | 但是 伦纳德 我跟你说清楚 |
[31:21] | if you’re not straight with me, | 如果你不跟我坦诚一切 |
[31:24] | this isn’t gonna work. | 这案子就没法进行下去了 |
[31:26] | Then I won’t ever leave anything out again. | 我绝对不会再隐瞒任何事了 |
[31:33] | This is ridiculous. This kid’s no Sean Cahill. | 这太荒谬了 这孩子不是肖恩·卡荷尔 |
[31:35] | This kid made Sean Cahill look like a fool | 这孩子曾让肖恩·卡荷尔看起来像个傻瓜 |
[31:38] | without even having a law degree. | 而他甚至还没有法学学位 |
[31:40] | Just so you know, when you attack opposing counsel, | 我得说一下 当你攻击对方律师的时候 |
[31:42] | it kind of makes you look afraid. | 会让你看起来是在害怕 |
[31:44] | I’m not afraid of you. | 我可不怕你 |
[31:47] | Okay, then why don’t you tell me this, | 好的 那么你何不告诉我 |
[31:49] | what’s the best thing about having so much money? | 坐拥如此多的财富最棒的一点是什么 |
[31:52] | – What? – You heard me. | -什么 -你听到我说的了 |
[31:54] | You got the penthouse in Manhattan. | 你在曼哈顿有间顶层公寓 |
[31:55] | You got the villa in the south of France. You get two yachts– | 你在南法有座度假别墅 你有两艘游艇 |
[31:58] | – So what? – So what? | -那又怎么样 -那又怎么样 |
[32:00] | So I wouldn’t want to give all of that up. | 所以我是不会想要放弃这一切的 |
[32:02] | Would you, Mr. Miller? | 你会吗 米勒先生 |
[32:03] | – Me? – Yeah, you. | -我 -是的 你 |
[32:05] | I mean, you had use of all of these places too, | 我是说 你也能使用这些资产 |
[32:08] | until you threw it all away driving drunk, that is. | 直到你因为酒驾抛弃了这所有一切 |
[32:10] | – What? – Objection. | -什么 -反对 |
[32:12] | – Irrelevant. – I think it’s very relevant. | -与本案无关 -我觉得非常有关 |
[32:13] | For all I know, Kevin could be somehow involved. | 谁知道 也许凯文也跟财产有关呢 |
[32:15] | – That’s insane. – That’s insane? | -真是荒唐 -这荒唐吗 |
[32:17] | You’re the developer of the trading software. | 你是交易软件的开发者 |
[32:19] | And I’m not the one who’s on trial here. | 我不是那个要受审的人 |
[32:20] | Then let’s talk about the one who is. | 那我们就来聊聊要受审的这位 |
[32:22] | How do you feel about the fact that your father-in-law | 对于你岳父在你入狱期间从来没有前来探视 |
[32:24] | never came to visit you in prison? | 这个事实你感觉如何 |
[32:27] | – Excuse me? – You heard me. | -什么 -你听到我说的了 |
[32:28] | He hasn’t come to see you once. How does that make you feel? | 他从来没有探视过你 你什么感觉 |
[32:31] | It doesn’t matter to me. | 对我来说无所谓 |
[32:34] | He could be lying on a beach in the French Riviera, | 他可能躺在法国里维埃拉的沙滩上 |
[32:36] | while you can barely see your wife and kids, | 而你却几乎见不到你的老婆孩子 |
[32:38] | and that doesn’t matter to you? | 这样你也无所谓吗 |
[32:39] | Mr. Miller’s family has nothing to do with this investigation. | 米勒先生的家人和本案调查无关 |
[32:41] | Mr. Miller’s family is the subject of this investigation, | 米勒先生的家人就是本案调查的对象 |
[32:44] | and his father in law clearly doesn’t give a shit– | 而他的岳父很显然对此毫不关心 |
[32:46] | I’m grateful for everything Kevin’s done for me, | 我很感激凯文为我做的一切 |
[32:47] | – and he knows it. – Yeah, right. | -他也知道的 -嗯 我信了 |
[32:50] | I’m sorry, what was that? | 抱歉 你刚说什么 |
[32:52] | Are you disputing the fact that he’s grateful to you? | 你是不是想反驳他对你很感激这个说法 |
[32:53] | I’m not answering that question. | 我不会回答这个问题的 |
[32:55] | This isn’t getting us anywhere. | 这根本毫无进展 |
[32:56] | He’s getting you ready for Cahill. | 他在为你应对卡荷尔做准备 |
[32:58] | I wouldn’t have to get ready for Cahill | 我本不需要为应对卡荷尔做准备 |
[32:59] | if you did your goddamn job and got this case dismissed. | 如果你能尽职尽责把这件案子给撤销掉 |
[33:02] | That’s right, get someone else | 没错 就像你一直以来的做法一样 |
[33:03] | to cover up your mess like you always do. | 找其他人来收拾你的烂摊子 |
[33:05] | You got something you want to say to me? | 你是有什么想说的话吗 |
[33:06] | I got something I want to do to you. | 我是有什么想对你做的事 |
[33:07] | You better remember who you’re talking to. | 你最好给我记好了你是在和谁说话 |
[33:08] | I know exactly who I’m talking to, | 我很清楚我是在和谁说话 |
[33:09] | the guy who doesn’t give a shit | 就是那个只顾自己 |
[33:10] | about anyone else other than himself. | 不顾他人的自私鬼 |
[33:11] | – That’s enough. – That is enough. | -够了 -是够了 |
[33:13] | This is your trial. | 要受审的是你 |
[33:14] | It’s not mine, and I’m done with this, | 不是我 我已经受够这些 |
[33:16] | and I’m done with you! | 也受够你了 |
[33:20] | Guard. | 警卫 |
[33:30] | Son of a bitch. | 混账东西 |
[33:32] | I knew that kid would be a problem. | 我就知道那小子是个麻烦 |
[33:34] | Relax. That’s the whole reason I wanted Mike in here. | 镇定 我把迈克叫来也是这个原因 |
[33:36] | If Kevin gets any funny ideas, | 如果凯文在打什么歪主意 |
[33:37] | Mike’s gonna calm him down and let us know. | 迈克会先把他稳住 再通知我们的 |
[33:53] | You guys really get under each other’s skin, don’t you? | 看来你们真的对彼此恨之入骨啊 不是吗 |
[33:55] | You have no idea how many times | 你不知道我有多少次 |
[33:57] | I thought about punching that bastard in his smug face. | 想一拳打在那自鸣得意的老脸上 |
[33:59] | I’m guessing he’s thought about punching you too. | 我猜他也很想打你吧 |
[34:03] | What the hell is that supposed to mean? | 你这话什么意思 |
[34:05] | It means his daughter married a criminal. | 意思是他女儿嫁给了一个罪犯 |
[34:07] | – He’s got to live with that. – You know what? | -他还不得不接受这个事实 -我告诉你 |
[34:09] | I’ve had just about enough of you | 我也受够了你不停的 |
[34:10] | giving me shit for what I did. | 因为我犯的罪讽刺我 |
[34:12] | Well, maybe I’ll stop giving you shit | 也许你跟我说实话 |
[34:13] | when your story starts adding up. | 我就不会再讽刺你了 |
[34:14] | Excuse me? | 你说什么 |
[34:15] | You said you got three years for drunk driving, | 你说你是因酒驾被判了三年 |
[34:16] | but you got no priors, | 但你没有前科 |
[34:17] | and this guy made a full recovery. | 受害人还一点事儿都没有 |
[34:19] | 99 times out of 100, that means you’re getting probation. | 百分之九十九的可能你应该能申请缓刑 |
[34:22] | Then I guess I had shitty representation. | 那看来我的律师很烂咯 |
[34:23] | Bullshit. | 胡扯 |
[34:24] | Money like yours doesn’t buy shitty representation. | 你这样的有钱人是不会请烂律师的 |
[34:26] | Then I don’t know what to tell you. | 那不知道还能跟你说什么 |
[34:27] | How about you start with telling me the goddamn truth? | 不如开始把真相告诉我啊 |
[34:29] | You want to know the truth? I’ll tell you, | 你想知道真相吗 那我就告诉你 |
[34:31] | because I’m sick of holding it in, man. | 因为我也不想再藏着掖着了 |
[34:34] | I got three years, because when they offered me a deal | 我被判三年 是因为检方让我告发他的时候 |
[34:37] | to turn on him, I said no. | 我拒绝了 |
[34:39] | You had to turn them down. He didn’t do it. | 你必须拒绝他们啊 他是清白的 |
[34:40] | No, I had to turn them down, | 不 我必须拒绝他们 |
[34:42] | because he’s not the only one involved. | 是因为涉案的不止他一个 |
[34:46] | What? | 什么 |
[34:51] | You asked me why I was drinking that night. | 你问我当晚喝酒的原因 |
[34:54] | It was because I found out the thing that I worked so hard on | 我喝酒是因为我发现长久以来不断努力 |
[34:56] | to get that prick’s approval was nothing but a lie. | 想到得到那自恋狂的认同的做法不过是谎言 |
[34:59] | – Your trading program. – Yeah, my program. | -你的那个交易软件 -没错 我的软件 |
[35:03] | Turns out he wasn’t using it at all. | 到头来他根本就没用 |
[35:04] | He was just insider trading the whole time. | 他其实一直都在内幕交易 |
[35:07] | Okay, so you got home, you told Jill, | 好 所以等你回家了 把这事告诉吉尔 |
[35:10] | and she didn’t believe you. | 她却不相信你 |
[35:12] | No, Mike. | 不 迈克 |
[35:15] | She not only believed me, she… | 她不只相信我 她… |
[35:18] | she already knew. | 她早就知情了 |
[35:21] | She was in on it. | 她参与了 |
[35:22] | Yeah. | 没错 |
[35:23] | So I went out, and I got drunk. | 所以我跑出家门 喝得酩酊大醉 |
[35:27] | And the next thing I knew, | 等我恢复意识了 |
[35:28] | I had to choose between going to prison for three years, | 发现要不然自己在牢里蹲三年 |
[35:31] | or the mother of my children going away for a whole lot more. | 要不然孩子们就再也见不到他们的妈妈了 |
[35:36] | Kevin, you got– | 凯文 你得… |
[35:46] | Okay, I have removed | 好了 我已经抹去了 |
[35:49] | every possible trace of the Kellmans’ existence | 凯尔曼一家在这里生活的所有痕迹 |
[35:51] | and replaced it with yours. | 并且全部替换成你的风格了 |
[35:53] | Now all I have to do is fill the refrigerator with prune juice, | 我现在要做的就是往冰箱里塞满西梅汁 |
[35:56] | and then I’ve got to set up the– | 接着设置好… |
[35:57] | – Okay, get out. – What? | -好了 出去 -什么 |
[35:58] | What do you mean get out? I haven’t set up the– | 出去是什么意思 我得设置好… |
[35:59] | She’s pulling up. She’s here, | 她把车停好了 她要到了 |
[36:00] | and I don’t want her to see us together | 我不想让她看到我们呆在一起 |
[36:02] | and get the wrong idea. | 然后误会我们 |
[36:03] | – And exactly what idea is that? – Okay, don’t you understand? | -能产生什么误会 -好了 你难道还不懂吗 |
[36:06] | No woman could compete with you, | 没有女人比得过你 |
[36:08] | if she thought there was even a chance | 只要她认为你我有一丝机会 |
[36:09] | of you and I being together. | 成为情侣 |
[36:11] | – Really? – No, she blows you away. | -真的吗 -假的 她完爆你十条街 |
[36:12] | Now, get the hell out, and use the service entrance. | 现在 赶紧给我出去 从便门走 |
[36:19] | Tara, you’re here. | 塔拉 你来啦 |
[36:22] | Oh, my God. | 天呐 |
[36:24] | Louis, this place is wonderful. | 路易 这里真是太美了 |
[36:27] | How long have you had it? | 你拥有这套房子多久了 |
[36:28] | Had it for generations. Great-grandma Litt, | 世代都住在这里 我曾祖母 |
[36:32] | she used to make wool right over there by the fire. | 常常在炉火边织毛衣 |
[36:35] | The natural light is phenomenal. | 这里的采光真是太完美了 |
[36:38] | Phenomenal. | 完美 |
[36:39] | And there’s a wildness to the landscape, | 窗外的景色充斥着野性之美 |
[36:42] | an uninhibited energy. | 和自由自在的气息 |
[36:44] | Wild. Uninhibited. | 野性 自由自在 |
[36:49] | It’s perfect for us, Louis. | 这里太适合我们了 路易 |
[36:54] | I’m glad you like it. | 很高兴你喜欢 |
[36:56] | I don’t just like it. I love it. | 不止喜欢 我是爱这里 |
[36:58] | Just like I love you. | 正如我爱你一样 |
[37:04] | Oh, Tara, I love you– | 塔拉 我爱你… |
[37:05] | – What? – It. | -什么 -的主意 |
[37:08] | Your idea…what you were talking about earlier. | 你的主意…就是你之前说的那个 |
[37:10] | – Which idea? – What happened? | -什么主意 -发生什么了 |
[37:11] | Louis, are you okay? | 路易 你没事吧 |
[37:12] | What the hell is going on here? | 这是怎么回事 |
[37:15] | Nothing’s going on here. | 什么事都没有 |
[37:16] | What the hell are you doing in my house? | 你们跑到我家来干什么 |
[37:17] | – Your house? – Louis, who are these people? | -你家吗 -路易 他们是谁 |
[37:19] | These people are the registered owners | 你说的他们就是这套房的 |
[37:21] | of this property. | 登记持有人 |
[37:22] | You mean the one you said had been | 就是这套你说你们家 |
[37:24] | in your family for generations? | 世世代代都住在这儿的房子吗 |
[37:25] | That’s a lie. We built this house ourselves, | 他说谎 我们亲手建的这套房 |
[37:28] | and until five minutes ago, we were gonna sell it to him. | 直到五分钟之前 我们还想卖给他的 |
[37:32] | Tara, I can explain. | 塔拉 听我解释 |
[37:34] | I don’t need you to explain. I’ve heard enough. | 我不想听你解释 我已经听够了 |
[37:37] | Tara, wait. Please. | 塔拉 请等一下 |
[37:40] | Tara, please wait. | 塔拉 等一下 |
[37:41] | You know, I’ve heard about people like you. | 你知道吗 我听说过你这样的人 |
[37:44] | You’re trying to get free design work out of me, | 你想从我这得到免费的设计建议 |
[37:46] | so you can decide whether or not you want to buy this house. | 然后再决定要不要买这栋房子 |
[37:48] | That has nothing to do with it. | 事情完全不是这么回事 |
[37:49] | Really? Because, first, | 是吗 因为一开始 |
[37:51] | you tried to get me to work on this | 你就想让我开工 |
[37:52] | without even seeing the space. | 却又不带我看实物 |
[37:54] | Then you lured me out here under false pretenses. | 然后又找借口把我骗到这来 |
[37:56] | So why don’t you tell me what, exactly, is going on here? | 所以不如你来告诉我到底是怎么回事 |
[37:58] | I lied to you about owning a house in the Hamptons | 我对你撒谎说我在汉普顿斯有房子 |
[38:00] | so I could spend time with you. | 这样我就有机会多和你在一起 |
[38:03] | What? Why–why would you do that? | 什么 你为什么要这么做呢 |
[38:06] | Because you are perfect, and beautiful, | 因为你如此的完美 漂亮 |
[38:09] | and intelligent, and talented, | 智慧而又有才华 |
[38:12] | and so far out of my league. | 而且我完全配不上 |
[38:16] | It was the only thing that I can come up with to find the time | 这是我唯一能想到的争取一些时间 |
[38:19] | I needed to make you fall for me. | 让你爱上我的办法 |
[38:22] | You were willing to buy and remodel an entire house to do that? | 你竟然愿意为此买一栋房子并重新装修 |
[38:27] | I was. | 是的 |
[38:28] | That’s the most romantic thing I’ve ever heard. | 这是我听过最浪漫的事了 |
[38:33] | – Really? – Yeah. Yes, really. | -真的吗 -是的 真的 |
[38:39] | Tara, would you like to have dinner with me? | 塔拉 你愿意和我一起吃饭吗 |
[38:42] | I’d love to, Louis. | 我很愿意 路易 |
[38:55] | What are you working on? | 你在忙什么 |
[38:57] | An engagement letter. | 在处理一份委托书 |
[39:00] | You got a new client. | 你找到了一个新客户 |
[39:01] | I got us two new clients. | 我给律所找了两个客户 |
[39:04] | So that’s what you had to do the other day. | 这就是你前几天要处理的事 |
[39:06] | Well, something like that. | 差不多吧 |
[39:08] | The one I got the other day led to the one I got today. | 前几天找到的客户今天又给我介绍了一个 |
[39:11] | That’s great. | 那很棒 |
[39:13] | Yeah, what’s on your mind? | 是啊 你有什么事 |
[39:18] | I know you said that you’d give me | 我知道你说过这周晚些时候 |
[39:19] | an hour of your time later this week, | 你会抽出一个小时留给我 |
[39:22] | but I need that hour tonight. | 但我今天晚上就要用 |
[39:24] | Rachel, it’s been a long day. | 瑞秋 今天我很累了 |
[39:25] | Can we talk about this in the morning? | 我们能早上再聊吗 |
[39:27] | No, Jessica, we can’t. | 不行杰西卡 我等不了了 |
[39:31] | Leonard Bailey’s execution date’s been set, | 伦纳德·贝利的处决日期已经定下来了 |
[39:35] | and I don’t know how to tell a man that he’s going to die. | 我不知道要怎么跟一个人说他马上就要死了 |
[39:46] | You know, I always knew | 你知道 我一直都清楚 |
[39:47] | that Jill and I were from two different worlds. | 吉尔和我是不同世界的人 |
[39:52] | And she was a Sutter, and I was just– | 她是萨特家的人 而我只是 |
[39:55] | A guy who was good with numbers | 一个只擅长与数字打交道 |
[39:56] | and didn’t have much else? | 除此之外别无所长的人 |
[40:00] | Figured it was only a matter of time | 原以为她明白这一点 |
[40:02] | before she came to her senses, | 只是时间问题 |
[40:05] | but she never did. | 但她从未后悔过 |
[40:07] | Well, let me guess, William never accepted it. | 我猜猜 威廉一直不接受你和吉尔在一起 |
[40:12] | No. So when he asked me to develop that algorithm, | 对 所以当他要求我开发那种算法 |
[40:15] | I thought, “This is my chance.” | 我想 我的机会来了 |
[40:19] | And when I gave it to him, he acted so proud. | 当我把算法给他时 他十分自豪 |
[40:23] | Started calling me his genius son-in-law. | 开始称我为他的乘龙快婿 |
[40:26] | But I was really just the world’s biggest sucker, | 但其实我只是世上最大的傻瓜 |
[40:28] | because I let that son of a bitch get one over on me, | 因为我让那个混蛋骗了我 |
[40:30] | and I’ll regret it for the rest of my life. | 我余生都会为此后悔不已 |
[40:35] | What if you could get one over on him? | 要是你也能骗他一次呢 |
[40:39] | What are you talking about? | 你说什么呢 |
[40:44] | You said yourself, they offered you a deal. | 你自己说过他们想跟你交易 |
[40:46] | I bet they’d still take it. | 我打赌他们仍然愿意接受 |
[40:48] | No way. If I give them him, | 不可以 如果我把他抖出来 |
[40:49] | they go after her. | 他们会追查到吉尔 |
[40:51] | Not if you get them to give Jill immunity first. | 如果你让他们先给吉尔豁免权就不会了 |
[40:53] | – No. – Kevin, you have to– | -不行 -凯文 你必须这么做 |
[40:54] | It’s too big a risk, | 这太冒险了 |
[40:57] | and you’re my father-in-law’s lawyer. | 而且你还是我岳父的律师 |
[40:59] | You can’t be saying this. | 你不该说这种话 |
[41:00] | I am nobody’s lawyer, | 我谁的律师也不是 |
[41:01] | I am your friend. And I am saying– | 我是你的朋友 我只是说 |
[41:02] | Well, my answer’s no, and I want your word, right now, | 我说不行 我要你现在保证 |
[41:05] | that you won’t tell anyone what I told you. | 你不会把我跟你说的告诉别人 |
[41:06] | – Kevin, please, you’re not– – Mike, I’m serious. | -拜托凯文 你别 -迈克 我说真的 |
[41:08] | No one can ever know anything about what I told you. | 不许让别人知道我告诉你的事情 |
[41:15] | You have my word. | 我向你保证 |
[41:26] | Did I ever tell you my mother was a teacher? | 我有跟你说过我妈妈是个老师吗 |
[41:29] | First grade. | 一年级老师 |
[41:33] | Everybody always said she was the best teacher | 人人都说她是他们孩子有过的 |
[41:34] | their kid ever had. | 最好的老师 |
[41:37] | She loved it. | 她也很开心 |
[41:40] | She also always dreamed of seeing Spain when she retired. | 她一直都梦想着退休后可以到西班牙去看看 |
[41:45] | That was supposed to be six years ago, | 本来六年前就可以的 |
[41:48] | but then the state teacher’s pension fund | 但当时的州立教师养老基金 |
[41:50] | decided to invest its money with William Sutter | 决定把钱投给威廉·萨特 |
[41:57] | She died last year, still working. | 她去年在工作中去世了 |
[42:02] | And every year, I tried to pay for her trip, | 每一年 我都想花钱让她去旅行 |
[42:03] | but she just wouldn’t let me. | 但她一直拒绝 |
[42:05] | Sean, why are you telling me this? | 肖恩 你为什么跟我说这个 |
[42:07] | Because a judge decided to rule on your motion to dismiss after all. | 因为法官还是决定撤销你的案子了 |
[42:12] | Which means we’re out of time, | 这意味着我们没有时间了 |
[42:14] | and you didn’t just come here to tell me about your mother. | 所以你来不是为了给我讲你母亲的故事的 |
[42:19] | No. I came here to ask for that trading program. | 是的 我来问你要那个交易程序 |