时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:07] | Jessica Pearson in court. | 杰西卡·皮尔逊上庭 |
[00:09] | I haven’t seen that in a while. | 我可是很久没见到了 |
[00:10] | We took over an Innocence Project case. | 我们接了一个”无罪计划”的案子 |
[00:11] | He killed my girl! | 他杀了我女儿 |
[00:13] | But I believe that Leonard Bailey is innocent, | 但我相信伦纳德·贝利是无辜的 |
[00:14] | and I’m going to make sure that he gets the fair trial that he never had. | 我会确保他得到自己本该得到的公正判决 |
[00:17] | By tracking down some junkie witness? | 方法就是找些瘾君子来做证人吗 |
[00:19] | Maria Gomez never had a chance to be heard. | 玛利亚·戈麦斯以前都没有机会说出证词 |
[00:21] | Leonard Bailey’s alibi witness is dead. | 伦纳德·贝利不在场证明的证人死了 |
[00:23] | That doesn’t mean her testimony is. | 这不代表她的证词不存在 |
[00:25] | You want me to testify to what she told me? | 你想让我给她告诉我的事作证吗 |
[00:27] | My protégé took the liberty of drawing up a sword affidavit. | 我徒弟冒昧地起草了一份宣誓证明 |
[00:30] | You can either sign it | 现在你要么签了它 |
[00:33] | or you can lie under oath that this isn’t true. | 要么在宣誓后撒谎说这是假的 |
[00:34] | Are you saying that this case needs to be re-opened | 你们的意思是本案由于伦纳德·贝利的 |
[00:36] | based on Leonard Bailey having inadequate representation? | 代理人工作不充分 应予以重审吗 |
[00:39] | It sure as hell is our plan now. | 我们就一定会这样做 |
[00:40] | You set me up. | 你设计坑我 |
[00:41] | I’m gonna make sure the world knows it. | 我保证让这件事人尽皆知 |
[00:43] | You can tell the world anything you want, William. | 你可以告诉任何人任何事 威廉 |
[00:45] | But you got no proof. | 但是你没有证据 |
[00:46] | Either way, I suggest you sign this deal. | 总之 我劝你还是签字同意这笔交易 |
[00:49] | – Hello? – Hey, it’s me. | -你好 -是我 |
[00:50] | I’m coming home. | 我可以回家了 |
[00:51] | – We did it. – We did. | -我们做到了 -做到了 |
[01:11] | Whoa, how many people are joining us? | 天哪 这是有多少人要来啊 |
[01:14] | Wasn’t sure which Scotch you’d want, | 我不确定你想喝哪种威士忌 |
[01:15] | so I went ahead and ordered them all. | 所以我干脆全点了 |
[01:17] | What if I’m in the mood for a beer? | 那我要是想喝啤酒呢 |
[01:19] | You just got out of prison. | 你刚出狱 |
[01:19] | You’re not in the mood for a beer. | 不会想喝啤酒的 |
[01:21] | Yeah, you’re right. | 好吧 你说对了 |
[01:26] | Welcome home. | 欢迎回家 |
[01:30] | Oh, damn that tastes good. | 真他妈好喝 |
[01:31] | That’s not even the best thing I have for ya. | 那还不是我为你准备的最好的东西 |
[01:40] | – It’s an offer letter. – Take a look at the number. | -是一份工作 -看看上面的金额 |
[01:42] | This is the same money I made as a junior partner. | 这是我做初级合伙人时挣的金额 |
[01:44] | Because you are a junior partner. | 因为你就是初级合伙人 |
[01:45] | The best there is. And we need you. | 还是当下最好的 我们需要你 |
[01:47] | I just got out of prison. I’m not trying to go back. | 我才刚出狱 我可不想再进去 |
[01:50] | You’re not going back, | 你不会再进去的 |
[01:50] | because even though you’ll be acting as a lawyer, | 因为你是要干着律师的活儿 |
[01:52] | your title’s gonna be “Consultant.” | 你的头衔会是”顾问” |
[01:56] | Look, Harvey, I appreciate the gesture, but… | 听着 哈维 谢谢你的邀请 但是 |
[02:01] | everyone left that firm because of me. | 因为我 大家都离开了那家律所 |
[02:03] | I’m not gonna do that to you again. | 我不会再这样害你了 |
[02:04] | – Mike– – No, listen to me. | -迈克… -不 听我说 |
[02:05] | You’ve done enough, you don’t have to do this for me. | 你做得够多了 你不用再为我做这个 |
[02:07] | I’m not doing this for you. I’m doing it for me. | 我不是为了你 我是为了我自己 |
[02:11] | I miss working with you. | 我怀念和你共事的感觉 |
[02:14] | I miss working with you, too. | 我也很怀念 |
[02:15] | Then do me a favor: just think about it. | 那就帮帮忙 考虑一下 |
[02:18] | If the answer’s still “no” in a few days, | 假如几天之后答案还是”不” |
[02:21] | I won’t bring it up again. | 我就不会再提起这件事了 |
[02:28] | Because you’re never here, that’s why! | 你从来都不在家 这就是原因 |
[02:30] | We’ve been over this, Virginia. | 我们讨论过这个问题了 芙吉妮娅 |
[02:32] | – I do my part. – That’s the problem, Alan. | -我尽了义务 -这就是问题 亚伦 |
[02:35] | You think your part is just getting a paycheck. | 你以为你的义务就只是挣钱养家 |
[02:37] | A paycheck? | 挣钱养家 |
[02:38] | This family lives like no other family we know. | 我们家的条件比我们认识的任何一家都好 |
[02:43] | – Jessica, honey– – What’s going on? | -杰西卡 亲爱的… -怎么了 |
[02:45] | We’re just having an argument. | 我们只是在争论 |
[02:47] | It’ll be okay. | 会没事的 |
[02:48] | You don’t need to sugarcoat things for her, Alan. | 你没必要在她面前遮遮掩掩 亚伦 |
[02:50] | And you’d know this if you were ever here | 假如你能在我们身边而不是在外面 |
[02:51] | instead of out doing whatever it is you’re doing. | 忙你自己的事你就会明白这一点 |
[02:53] | What I’m out doing is saving lives, and you know it. | 我忙的是救命的事 你知道的 |
[02:56] | Well, maybe if you worked as hard on our relationship | 也许你像尽心对待你的病人一样 |
[02:58] | as you do for your patients, | 用心对待我们的关系 |
[02:59] | what’s happening wouldn’t be happening. | 就不会出现现在这种情况了 |
[03:01] | What’s happening? | 现在什么情况 |
[03:04] | Your father and I are taking a little break for a while. | 你父亲和我要分开一段时间 |
[03:09] | How long? | 多久 |
[03:10] | I don’t know, baby. | 我不知道 宝贝 |
[03:13] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[03:30] | Harvey? | 哈维 |
[03:31] | I’d love to chit chat, but I’ve got trial in an hour, | 我很乐意闲聊 但我一小时后要上庭 |
[03:33] | so unless it’s urgent… | 所以不是什么要紧的事的话… |
[03:35] | I just wanted to thank you. | 我只是想谢谢你 |
[03:38] | For Mike. | 为迈克的事 |
[03:39] | You don’t have to thank me for that. | 你不用为了这事谢我 |
[03:40] | I wanted him out as much as you did. | 我和你一样想要他出来 |
[03:42] | I know, but you didn’t have to back me when it came to Sutter, | 我知道 但萨特的问题上你不必挺我的 |
[03:45] | and you did. | 而你挺了我 |
[03:46] | You would’ve done the same for me. | 你也会为我做同样的事情的 |
[03:48] | And now that he is out, | 如今他出来了 |
[03:51] | let’s get back to the business of keeping this firm alive. | 我们就好好工作 把律所维护下去吧 |
[03:54] | If I were you, I would start by locking up Jim Reynolds. | 如果是我 首先我会保住吉姆·雷诺兹 |
[03:56] | – Excuse me? – What’re you talking about? | -什么 -你在说什么 |
[03:58] | I’m talking about the fact that your first client | 我在说你们的第一个客户 |
[03:59] | is shopping for another attorney behind your back. | 正在背着你们偷偷想投奔别家 |
[04:01] | Don’t tell me, you’re about to pounce. | 别告诉我你准备出手了 |
[04:03] | I’m not trying to poach your client, Harvey. | 我没想挖你们的墙脚 哈维 |
[04:05] | But if you can’t keep him, I will. | 但如果你们留不住他 我就不客气了 |
[04:06] | I appreciate you coming down here, Robert, | 我很感谢你为此前来 罗伯特 |
[04:08] | but it’s not exactly your style | 但给对手通风报信这种事 |
[04:09] | to give the competition a heads-up. | 可不是你的风格啊 |
[04:12] | When I was kid, | 我小时候 |
[04:13] | the Yankees and the Red Sox were the best damn rivalry ever. | 洋基队和红袜队是有史以来最棒的对手 |
[04:17] | What’s your point? | 你想说什么 |
[04:18] | My point is, | 我想说的是 |
[04:18] | after Bucky Dent hit that | 自从巴基·登特在78年 |
[04:20] | beautiful home run in ’78, | 打出了那个完美的全垒打 |
[04:21] | the Sox fell off a cliff. | 红袜队就没落了 |
[04:23] | It wasn’t any fun anymore. | 此后再也没什么乐趣了 |
[04:24] | You’re saying you don’t want to dominate the division? | 你是说你不想称霸这个领域吗 |
[04:26] | I’m saying you fell off a cliff. | 我是说你们没落了 |
[04:28] | And if you want a chance to get back in the game… | 如果你们想有机会重返赛场… |
[04:31] | We better keep Jim Reynolds. | 我们最好留住吉姆·雷诺兹 |
[04:32] | And you better get on it right now. | 而且最好立刻行动 |
[04:33] | Because I may not be looking to pounce, | 因为我可能不会挖你们墙脚 |
[04:35] | but every firm in this city is. | 但市里其他的律所会 |
[04:40] | Damn it. | 该死的 |
[04:42] | The last thing we need is Jim Reynolds leaving right now. | 现在最不需要的就是吉姆·雷诺兹的离开 |
[04:46] | What happened to calling, like he did last time, | 为什么不打电话呢 就像上次那样 |
[04:48] | instead of going behind our backs? | 而要背着我们行动 |
[04:49] | I’ll tell you what happened. | 我告诉你为什么 |
[04:50] | He’s getting pressure from his board like he said he would. | 他就像他说的那样被董事会施压了 |
[04:53] | And you said we’d get back on our feet by the end of the month | 而你说我们会在月底之前回归正轨 |
[04:54] | and we did. | 我们确实做到了 |
[04:56] | And that’s exactly what you’re gonna tell them. | 你就是要去告诉他们这一点 |
[04:57] | What do you mean me? | 为什么是我去 |
[04:58] | Did you not hear what I just told you five minutes ago? | 你是没听到我五分钟前和你说的话吗 |
[05:00] | – I’ve got trial in an hour. – I don’t care. | -我一小时后要上庭 -我不管 |
[05:03] | You’ve been his lead attorney since they got here. | 一开始你就是他的首席律师 |
[05:05] | If you don’t go over yourself, we’re gonna lose him. | 如果你不亲自去 我们就要失去他了 |
[05:07] | – Then take Louis with you. – Jessica– | -那你带路易去 -杰西卡 |
[05:09] | Harvey, all you have to do is open up our books | 哈维 你只要跟他们开诚布公 |
[05:12] | and show them we’re standing on solid ground. | 展现出我们实力依旧就行了 |
[05:14] | Or you can make this the priority and get a continuance. | 或者你可以先处理这件事 庭审申请延期 |
[05:17] | It’s a death row appeal, Harvey. | 这是个死刑的上诉案 哈维 |
[05:19] | How’s it gonna look if I start a trial saying that my business | 如果我一开庭就说我的公司比人命还重要 |
[05:22] | is more important than a man’s life? | 别人会怎么看 |
[05:24] | You don’t say that. | 你可以不这么说 |
[05:24] | You come up with some other reason. | 就说有其他的原因 |
[05:26] | Whatever reason I come up with, | 不管我找什么理由 |
[05:27] | that prosecutor’s gonna make it look like I don’t care. | 检察官都会说我不在乎人命 |
[05:29] | And I’m not taking that risk. | 我不会冒这个险的 |
[05:31] | – Jessica– – No, enough. | -杰西卡 -行了 别说了 |
[05:32] | You want to thank me for having your back with Mike, | 如果你想谢我在迈克的事上挺了你一把 |
[05:34] | then take care of this. | 那就搞定这件事 |
[06:12] | Donna, where the hell is Gretchen? | 唐娜 格蕾琴在哪 |
[06:14] | – I have no idea. – Well, you need to find her. | -我不知道 -你给我把她找来 |
[06:18] | Harvey, what’s going on? What do you need her for? | 哈维 怎么了 你找她干什么 |
[06:20] | I don’t need her, I need Louis, | 我不是找她 我是要找路易 |
[06:21] | and I don’t know where he is. | 我不知道他去哪了 |
[06:22] | Well, why didn’t you start with that? | 你干吗不早说 |
[06:23] | He had an emergency meeting with a client and he ran out of here. | 他和客户有个紧急会议 他赶去开会了 |
[06:26] | – When? – Half an hour ago. | -什么时候 -半小时前 |
[06:28] | I saw him at the elevators before he left. | 他离开前我看到他进电梯了 |
[06:30] | You tell him the second he gets back | 他一回来你马上告诉他 |
[06:32] | I need to talk to him. | 我有事情要跟他谈 |
[06:33] | Harvey, what’s going on? | 哈维 什么事 |
[06:36] | Jim Reynolds is threatening to leave. | 吉姆·雷诺兹威胁我们说要解约 |
[06:38] | What? | 什么 |
[06:38] | Harvey, I was there the night he put Jessica on notice. | 哈维 他警告杰西卡的那晚我也在 |
[06:41] | If he’s leaving, then you don’t have time to wait for Louis. | 如果他要离开 那你可没时间等路易 |
[06:43] | I know, but if I can’t make it work with Reynolds, | 我知道 但如果我搞不定雷诺兹 |
[06:45] | I’m gonna need Louis the second I get back. | 我一回来就需要路易帮忙 |
[06:47] | I’m on it. | 我这就去 |
[06:53] | What the hell is this? | 这是什么玩意 |
[06:54] | You know what that is. It’s a subpoena. | 你知道这是什么 传票 |
[06:55] | I signed your affidavit. You have what you need. | 我签了宣誓书 你已经得到想要的了 |
[06:58] | Did you really think you wouldn’t have to testify | 你不会真以为你不用给贝利的 |
[07:00] | that Bailey had an alibi? | 不在场证明作证吧 |
[07:01] | What I didn’t think was that you were going to | 我只是没想到你会把我 |
[07:03] | paint me as incompetent. | 定义成不称职 |
[07:04] | We did what you should’ve done 12 years ago. | 我们做了12年前你本该做的事 |
[07:07] | Represent your client. | 代表好自己的委托人 |
[07:08] | And you weren’t even forming sentences | 我经手这件案子的时候 |
[07:10] | when I handled this case. | 你还不会说话呢 |
[07:11] | Well, I’m forming sentences now, so instead of being angry, | 但我现在会说了 所以你不用生气 |
[07:14] | you should be thanking us for not bringing an action | 你应该谢谢我们没有代表伦纳德 |
[07:16] | against you on Leonard’s behalf. | 起诉你 |
[07:17] | – Bring it on. – Georgina, you made a mistake. | -放马过来 -乔治娜 你犯了错误 |
[07:20] | We’re giving you the chance to fix it | 不管你是否愿意 |
[07:22] | whether you like it or not. | 我们是在给你机会改正它 |
[07:24] | I don’t give a shit what you think you’re doing. | 我才不在乎你在做什么 |
[07:26] | I’m not here to fix it. | 我不是来改正错误的 |
[07:27] | I’m here because of this. | 我来这里是因为这个 |
[07:29] | Then I’ll see you on the stand. | 那我们法庭见了 |
[07:36] | Harvey, what’re you doing here? | 哈维 你怎么来了 |
[07:37] | I’m here to stop you from breaking your word. | 我是来阻止你食言的 |
[07:39] | Then I suggest you turn around | 那我建议 |
[07:40] | and walk out of here as fast as you can. | 你还是向后转赶紧离开这里 |
[07:41] | Look, just hear me out. | 你先听我说 |
[07:43] | The night you spoke to Jessica, | 你跟杰西卡谈的那晚 |
[07:44] | we’d lost 75% of our revenue stream. | 我们是损失了75%的收入来源 |
[07:47] | – But since then– – Listen to me. | -但从那天起 -你听我说 |
[07:49] | My taking meetings has nothing to do with your revenue stream. | 我的董事会和你们的收入没有关系 |
[07:51] | Then what the hell’s this about? | 那到底是为了什么 |
[07:53] | It’s about the rumors that you tanked | 是关于你故意搞砸了 |
[07:54] | William Sutter’s case. | 威廉·萨特的案子 |
[07:56] | – I didn’t tank shit. – I told him that. | -我什么都没干 -我也是这么说的 |
[07:58] | I don’t believe any of it. | 我一个字都不相信 |
[07:59] | Well, it doesn’t matter what you believe, Jim. | 你信不信不重要 吉姆 |
[08:01] | Because the board believes it. | 董事会信就够了 |
[08:02] | And let me guess, you’re the board. | 让我猜猜看 你是董事会成员 |
[08:04] | Donald Mannis. | 唐纳德·曼尼斯 |
[08:05] | I’d shake your hand, but I wouldn’t want your | 我可以和你握手 但我不想让你 |
[08:07] | shady ethics rubbing off on me. | 阴险的职业道德玷污了我 |
[08:09] | The only thing that’s rubbing off on you, Donald, | 唯一能玷污你的东西 唐纳德 |
[08:11] | is a load of bullshit from William Sutter. | 就是威廉·萨特的一堆屁话 |
[08:14] | Your former associate was in prison with his son-in-law, | 你的前任助理曾和是他女婿在监狱的室友 |
[08:16] | and the day Sutter goes down, your guy gets out. | 萨特倒闭的那天正是你伙计出狱的那天 |
[08:19] | You may call that bullshit, | 你可以说这都是扯淡的 |
[08:20] | but his story adds up to me. | 但我觉得这事听起来合情合理 |
[08:22] | And this company can’t have an attorney | 我们公司不能有一个 |
[08:24] | who’s willing to turn on his own client. | 会出卖自己客户的律师 |
[08:29] | You see what I’m dealing with? | 知道我的难处了吗 |
[08:31] | I only took those meetings because I’m being pressured | 我开董事会只是 |
[08:33] | to take those meetings. | 迫于压力 |
[08:34] | I get it. That asshole wants your job. | 我懂了 这个混蛋要篡你的位 |
[08:36] | He doesn’t just want it. | 他不只是想 |
[08:37] | If I don’t let you go, he’s gonna get it. | 如果我不让你走 他可就要得逞了 |
[08:39] | And the one thing that might’ve changed that was Jessica | 唯一可能改变局面的就是让杰西卡进来 |
[08:41] | coming in here and showing him how important we are to her. | 向他展示一下我们对她的重要性 |
[08:44] | You are important to her, Jim. | 你对她很重要 吉姆 |
[08:46] | But Jessica’s in trial right now. | 但杰西卡现在正在庭审 |
[08:47] | Then you should’ve sent Louis Litt, | 那你应该派路易·利特来 |
[08:49] | because the last thing that asshole needed to see | 因为那个混蛋最不想看到的就是 |
[08:50] | when he walked in here was you. | 看到你出现在这里 |
[09:01] | Your Honor, permission to treat the witness as hostile. | 法官大人 请求将证人视为敌意证人 |
[09:03] | On what grounds? | 什么理由 |
[09:04] | The witness hasn’t even said anything yet. | 证人还一句话没说呢 |
[09:06] | On the grounds that five minutes ago, | 理由是五分钟前 |
[09:08] | she told me she’d sooner deny Leonard Bailey | 她告诉我她宁愿不让伦纳德·贝利一案 |
[09:10] | a new trial than to risk looking incompetent. | 重审也不会冒险承认自己失职 |
[09:14] | Is this true? | 是真的吗 |
[09:16] | Yes. | 是 |
[09:17] | Then permission granted. | 批准 |
[09:18] | Ms. Casey, when you were Leonard Bailey’s public defender, | 凯西女士 你做伦纳德·贝利的公诉人时 |
[09:22] | did he tell you that at the time of the murders, | 他有告诉过你案发当时 |
[09:24] | he was in the apartment of a woman named Maria Gomez? | 他在一个名叫玛利亚·戈麦斯女人的公寓里吗 |
[09:27] | Yes. | 是的 |
[09:28] | Which means he not only had an alibi, | 也就是说他不但有不在场证明 |
[09:30] | he had a witness that could testify to it. | 还有一个能作证的证人 |
[09:32] | – Is that correct? – Yes. | -我说的对吗 -对 |
[09:33] | Then why in God’s name didn’t that witness ever take the stand? | 那到底为什么这个证人从来没有出庭 |
[09:37] | Because she left town without telling anyone | 因为她在庭审开始前 |
[09:40] | right before the trial started. | 没通知任何人就离开了 |
[09:41] | – Did you try to locate her? – Yes, I did. | -你找过她吗 -我找过 |
[09:43] | – How hard did you look? – I did my best. | -你有多努力找她 -尽我所能 |
[09:45] | The truth is, you didn’t look for her at all, did you? | 事实是 你根本就没有找她 对不对 |
[09:47] | That’s not true. | 并非如此 |
[09:48] | I did everything I could to try to find her. | 我尽了所有努力去找她了 |
[09:50] | But you didn’t. | 但你并没有找到 |
[09:51] | And if you had, | 如果你找到了 |
[09:52] | there would have been an alibi witness | 那就应该有一个不在场证人 |
[09:53] | that would’ve told the jury that he couldn’t have possibly | 向陪审团证明他根本 |
[09:55] | have committed those murders. | 没有作案的可能 |
[09:56] | That witness was a drug addict with a prior conviction, | 那个证人是个有前科的瘾君子 |
[09:58] | and she would have been eviscerated on the stand. | 就算上庭会作证也会被检方驳斥到死 |
[10:00] | Then why did you try to find her at all? | 所以你又何必去找她呢 |
[10:06] | Let me suggest an answer. | 我来设想一下吧 |
[10:08] | You did try to find her, because you knew if you did, | 你去找了她 因为你知道如果你找了 |
[10:11] | Leonard Bailey would be found innocent. | 伦纳德·贝利就会被判无罪 |
[10:12] | But you dropped the ball. | 但你没有做到 |
[10:14] | Leonard Bailey went to death row. | 伦纳德·贝利成了死囚 |
[10:18] | And you’d rather let him stay there | 而你宁愿他不被平反 |
[10:21] | than to admit the truth. | 也不愿承认事实 |
[10:27] | Ms. Casey, in your estimation, | 凯西小姐 在你眼里 |
[10:29] | was Leonard Bailey innocent? | 伦纳德·贝利是无辜的吗 |
[10:31] | Objection, Your Honor, calls for a conclusion. | 反对 法官大人 这是提出结论 |
[10:33] | Your Honor, | 法官大人 |
[10:34] | they opened the door to this when they put her on the stand, | 她们让她作证就是为了证明他是否无辜 |
[10:36] | and no one is more qualified to answer than his own attorney. | 没有人比他自己的律师更有资格做结论 |
[10:41] | I’ll allow it. Ms. Casey? | 我允许了 凯西小姐请回答 |
[10:44] | I thought Leonard Bailey was guilty. | 我当时认为伦纳德·贝利是有罪的 |
[10:47] | And I still do. | 现在也这么认为 |
[10:52] | Louis, the next time you have an emergency meeting, | 路易 下次你有什么紧急会议 |
[10:54] | you better clear it with me. | 给我提前说一声 |
[10:56] | I’ll keep that in mind for the future, Harvey. | 我会记住的 哈维 |
[10:57] | But the reason I had an emergency meeting was you. | 但我有紧急会议就是因为你 |
[11:00] | What the hell are you talking about? | 你说什么呢 |
[11:01] | Jensen Analytics heard a rumor you tanked Sutter’s case | 詹森交易团听说你故意打输萨特的案子 |
[11:04] | and they’re threatening to walk. | 威胁说要解约 |
[11:05] | Shit. What’d you tell them? | 该死 你怎么说的 |
[11:06] | What do you think I told them? | 你觉得我还能怎么说 |
[11:07] | I told them William Sutter’s a lying son of a bitch | 我说威廉·萨特是个满口谎话的混蛋 |
[11:09] | who’ll do or say anything to get what he wants. | 为达目的不择手段口不择言 |
[11:10] | What did they say? | 他们怎么说 |
[11:11] | They said if Jessica’s oldest client’s leaving, | 他们说如果杰西卡最老的委托人都离开 |
[11:13] | why should they stay? | 他们又有什么理由留下 |
[11:14] | Goddamn it. | 该死 |
[11:15] | Harvey, if they think that, then it’s just a matter of time | 哈维 如果他们这么想了 那我们 |
[11:18] | until all our clients think that. | 其他委托人会这么想也只是时间问题 |
[11:20] | Which means we need to get Jim Reynolds to stay. | 也就是说我们必须保住吉姆·雷诺兹 |
[11:22] | What’re we gonna tell Jessica? | 怎么跟杰西卡说 |
[11:23] | We’re gonna tell her if she doesn’t do something | 我们跟她说如果她再不处理雷诺兹的事 |
[11:25] | about Reynolds soon, she’s not gonna have a firm | 她很快也就没有一个公司 |
[11:27] | to come back to. | 可以回了 |
[11:46] | Rachel, listen to me, it went as well as it could’ve. | 瑞秋 听着 这已经是最好的结果了 |
[11:48] | You don’t have to look so worried. | 你不用这么忧虑 |
[11:50] | How can I not look worried? | 我怎么可能不忧虑 |
[11:52] | Mike, that woman said that she thought he was guilty | 迈克 那个女人直接说认为他有罪 |
[11:55] | and the prosecutor got it on record. | 而且这句话还成了检方证据 |
[11:56] | And Jessica got it on record that she was incompetent | 杰西卡在这之前就证明了 |
[11:59] | before he did that. | 她的失职 |
[12:00] | The jury heard it. | 陪审团知道的 |
[12:01] | Yeah, but you saw the jury as well as I did. | 是啊 但是你也看到了陪审团的样子 |
[12:03] | They’re not convinced. | 他们并不信 |
[12:06] | Put Leonard on the stand. | 让伦纳德作证 |
[12:08] | Mike, we haven’t prepped him yet. | 迈克 我们还没教他对答呢 |
[12:09] | – He’s not ready. – Rachel, just listen to me. | -他还没准备 -瑞秋 听我说 |
[12:11] | When I was on trial, | 我上庭时 |
[12:12] | I didn’t just give the jury a reason to let me go. | 不仅是给了陪审团一个释放我的理由 |
[12:16] | You gave them a reason to want to let you go. | 而是给了他们一个想释放你的理由 |
[12:18] | Exactly, and it turns out, they were going to. | 没错 而且他们也如我所愿了 |
[12:20] | And I was guilty. | 而且我还是有罪的 |
[12:21] | What do you think they’re gonna do for a man | 那你觉得他们面对一个本身就无罪的人 |
[12:22] | who’s actually innocent? | 会怎么做呢 |
[12:31] | What are you doing here? | 你怎么来了 |
[12:33] | I needed to see you. | 我需要见你 |
[12:36] | Me too. | 我也是 |
[12:37] | Had a rough day. | 今天过得真糟 |
[12:40] | Got some bad news. | 还得到了坏消息 |
[12:43] | You’re a sight for sore eyes. | 见到你真是让人心情好转 |
[12:44] | Louis… | 路易 |
[12:47] | What’s wrong? | 怎么了 |
[12:48] | I had a doctor’s appointment this morning. | 我今天去看了医生 |
[12:50] | Well, whatever it is, we can deal with it together. | 不管什么病 我们都共同面对 |
[12:52] | Modern medicine is a wonder. | 现代医学很厉害的 |
[12:54] | – There’s almost nothing that they can’t– – I’m pregnant. | -基本没有无法治愈的 -我怀孕了 |
[12:59] | Oh, my God. | 天哪 |
[13:01] | I mean, I knew the Litt sperm were powerful, | 我虽然知道自己很厉害 |
[13:02] | – but this has to be some kind of record. – Louis. | -但是这也太快了 -路易 |
[13:07] | Don’t tell me. | 不会吧 |
[13:09] | – It’s his. – Louis, I’m so sorry. | -是他的 -路易 我真的很抱歉 |
[13:12] | I didn’t mean for this to happen. | 我并不想这样的 |
[13:13] | – I’m usually so careful. – I don’t care. | -我一向很谨慎 -我不在乎 |
[13:15] | Louis, I don’t think you know what you’re saying. | 路易 我觉得你不知道自己在说什么 |
[13:16] | No, I know exactly what I’m saying. | 不 我很清楚自己在说什么 |
[13:18] | I love you. | 我爱你 |
[13:19] | And if being with you means raising another man’s child, | 如果跟你在一起意味着要养别人的孩子 |
[13:21] | then I’ll raise another man’s child. | 那我就养个别人的孩子 |
[13:23] | You say that now, but it hasn’t sunk in yet. | 你现在是这么说了 但你会后悔的 |
[13:25] | That’s not true. | 不会的 |
[13:26] | I’m gonna say the same thing tomorrow | 我明天也会这么说 |
[13:27] | and the day after that and the day after that. | 后天大后天还会这么说 |
[13:29] | Then say it to me then. | 到了那时候你再说吧 |
[13:30] | But it has been a long day for both of us, | 但今天我们都很累了 |
[13:32] | and I think we should both just get some sleep. | 我想我们都需要休息 |
[13:35] | Tara, please come home with me. | 塔拉 跟我回家吧 |
[13:37] | Good night, Louis. | 晚安 路易 |
[13:48] | Jessica, we have a problem. | 杰西卡 我们有麻烦了 |
[13:50] | Not what I want to hear on my way out, Harvey. | 马上要下班我可不想听到这句话 哈维 |
[13:52] | Then you’re not gonna want to hear that you need to be at | 那你肯定不想知道你必须出席 |
[13:53] | Jim Reynolds’ next board meeting. | 吉姆·雷诺兹的下场董事会 |
[13:55] | That doesn’t sound like you put out the fire. | 听起来你好像没解决问题 |
[13:57] | What I couldn’t put out were the rumors | 我没解决的是关于我们故意损害 |
[13:59] | that we threw Sutter’s case to get Mike out. | 萨特的案子以交换迈克的流言 |
[14:01] | Are you kidding me? That’s what this is about? | 逗我呢吗 原来是因为这个 |
[14:02] | Jessica, it’s not Jim. | 杰西卡 不是吉姆想解约 |
[14:04] | He’s loyal and always has been. | 他很忠诚 一直如此 |
[14:05] | Don’t tell me. It’s Donald Mannis | 我猜猜 是唐纳德·曼尼斯 |
[14:07] | using this shit as a power play. | 利用此事挤兑对手 |
[14:08] | Exactly. And I walked right into it, | 没错 而且我直接中招了 |
[14:10] | because I showed up without you. | 因为你没有跟我一起去 |
[14:12] | Son of a bitch. | 混蛋 |
[14:14] | Jessica, the only thing we can do is hold onto Reynolds | 杰西卡 现在我们只能保住雷诺兹 |
[14:17] | and hope the others fall in line. | 然后祈祷其他人不解约 |
[14:18] | All right, set up a meeting for Tuesday morning. | 好吧 安排周二的会议 |
[14:19] | The trial should be over by then. | 那时候案子应该会结了 |
[14:21] | But Harvey, it won’t make a bit of difference | 但是哈维 如果萨特继续这样散播谣言 |
[14:23] | if Sutter’s out there telling the world | 说我们是故意损害案子的律师 |
[14:25] | we’re the kind of lawyers that throw cases. | 那开会也不会有多大改变的 |
[14:27] | You do what you have to– you shut that man the hell up. | 不管怎么做 你想办法让他闭嘴 |
[14:40] | Who’s he? | 他是谁 |
[14:41] | Leonard, this is my fiancé, Mike. | 伦纳德 这是我未婚夫 迈克 |
[14:42] | He used to work at the firm and he has an idea. | 他曾在我们公司工作 现在他有个主意 |
[14:46] | Let Leonard tell his story. | 让伦纳德说出自己的故事 |
[14:48] | That’s risky. | 太冒险 |
[14:50] | We’re giving them the chance to paint him | 我们这是在给他们机会把他粉饰成 |
[14:51] | as a drug user and a criminal. | 一位瘾君子和罪犯 |
[14:53] | They’re already doing that. | 他们已经在这么做了 |
[14:54] | And they’re not gonna stop. | 而且他们不会就此停止 |
[14:56] | Leonard, this is as much your call as it is ours. | 伦纳德 你和我们有同样的决定权 |
[15:00] | What do you want to do? | 你希望怎么做 |
[15:01] | I wanted to say my piece last time, | 我上次就想说出自己的心里话 |
[15:03] | but that lady didn’t let me, so please, | 但那位女士不让我说 所以拜托了 |
[15:07] | put me on that stand and give me a chance to say it now. | 让我出庭 给我个说出来的机会吧 |
[15:11] | Okay. | 好的 |
[15:12] | Is the defense ready to call their next witness? | 辩方准备好传唤下一位证人了吗 |
[15:14] | The defense calls Leonard Bailey, Your Honor. | 辩方传唤伦纳德·贝利作证 法官大人 |
[15:17] | We’d also like to request that Ms. Zane | 我们同时请求准许赞恩小姐 |
[15:19] | be permitted to question the witness. | 对证人进行提问 |
[15:21] | Objection, Ms. Zane is a law student, | 反对 赞恩小姐是位法学院的学生 |
[15:23] | not an admitted member of the bar. | 并不是律师协会的一员 |
[15:24] | She’s also been a practicing paralegal | 她同时也当了八年的 |
[15:26] | for the last eight years. | 法律助理 |
[15:27] | I don’t care if she was the President of the United States. | 就算她是美国总统我也不在乎 |
[15:29] | She’s not a lawyer | 她并不是一位律师 |
[15:30] | and they’re laying grounds for a mistrial. | 而且他们这是在设法促成无效审判 |
[15:31] | Your Honor, it’s obvious Mr. Bailey’s first attorney | 法官大人 贝利先生的第一位律师 |
[15:34] | didn’t care about him at all. | 显然并不在乎他的死活 |
[15:36] | But Ms. Zane fought to have this case taken on, | 但赞恩小姐苦苦争取到了这个案子的重审 |
[15:39] | and she’s the reason we’re even here today. | 如果不是她我们今天甚至都不会在这里 |
[15:41] | Which is why Mr. Bailey is simply asking | 正因如此 贝利先生仅仅希望 |
[15:44] | that she be with him now. | 现在可以由她来为他进行辩护 |
[15:45] | So unless the prosecution is so unsure of its case | 所以除非检方对自己太缺乏自信 |
[15:49] | that he can’t handle a law student, | 以至于都搞不定一位法学院学生 |
[15:52] | we ask that she be allowed to question the witness. | 我们请求准许她对证人进行提问 |
[15:55] | Prosecution withdraws its objection. | 检方撤回反对 |
[15:58] | Then your request is granted. | 那么你的请求被允许了 |
[16:15] | Harvey. | 哈维 |
[16:16] | I thought I might get a visit from you. | 我就觉得你或许会来拜访我 |
[16:18] | And I thought I told you to keep your mouth shut. | 我不是跟你说过叫你不要多嘴了吗 |
[16:20] | Well, I stopped taking advice from you when you sold me out. | 你出卖我之时我就不再听从你的意见了 |
[16:22] | Now get the hell off my property before I call the police. | 在我报警前 立刻从我的地盘上滚出去 |
[16:25] | There’s only one problem with that, William. | 不过这有个问题 威廉 |
[16:27] | This isn’t your property anymore. | 这里不再是你的地盘了 |
[16:28] | What the hell are you talking about? | 你到底在说什么 |
[16:29] | At 8:00 A.M. tomorrow morning, | 明早8点 |
[16:31] | it’s being seized by the government. | 这处房产就将被政府收走了 |
[16:33] | Bullshit. | 放屁 |
[16:34] | This is a homestead state. | 这里是宅地状态 |
[16:35] | Turns out, I did a little checking, | 实际上呢 我做了些调查 |
[16:36] | and you closed on this house before you sold the last one, | 在你卖掉上一处房产前你就买下了这里 |
[16:39] | which means they can take it and they’re going to. | 也就意味着他们能 也会收走这处房产 |
[16:42] | What do you want? | 你想怎么样 |
[16:43] | You’re gonna repair my reputation. | 你得恢复我的声誉 |
[16:45] | And you’re gonna start by | 而你的第一步是 |
[16:46] | calling every member of Jim Reynolds’ board | 给吉姆·雷诺兹的每一位董事会成员 |
[16:48] | and telling them that you spread those rumors about me | 打电话告知他们 你之所以造谣我 |
[16:51] | because you’re a lying son of a bitch. | 是因为你是个满嘴谎言的混蛋 |
[16:53] | And what makes you think they’ll believe me? | 你为什么觉得他们会相信我 |
[16:54] | Because you’re a hell of a salesman, William, | 因为当你有动力的时候 威廉 |
[16:56] | when you’re motivated, | 你可是个超棒的销售 |
[16:57] | and I’m pretty sure that when you get out of prison, | 而我相当确定当你刑满出狱 |
[16:59] | you’re gonna be motivated not to live on the street. | 你会非常有动力不让自己露宿街头的 |
[17:05] | I was getting high with my friend Maria. | 我当时和我朋友玛利亚嗑药嗑嗨了 |
[17:09] | I won’t deny that. | 我并不否认 |
[17:11] | But all I did to those kids was try and help them. | 但我对那些孩子们 只有帮助的心 |
[17:14] | Help them how? | 帮他们什么 |
[17:15] | Me and Maria got hungry so we went to get something to eat. | 当时我和玛利亚饿了 所以出去找吃的 |
[17:19] | That’s when we saw them. | 就在那个时候我们看到了他们 |
[17:21] | Lying there on the sidewalk… | 躺在人行道上 |
[17:24] | with blood all over ’em. | 全身都是血 |
[17:27] | Maria, she, uh… she freaked out, | 玛利亚 她 她吓坏了 |
[17:30] | but I wasn’t thinking, so I just ran up. | 但我当时想都没想 所以我就跑上前去 |
[17:31] | I mean, they were kids, you know? | 我是说 他们是孩子啊 你知道吗 |
[17:33] | They–they were in trouble. | 他们 他们有麻烦了 |
[17:34] | So then what happened? | 然后发生了什么 |
[17:35] | Well, I yelled for Maria to get help. | 我叫玛利亚去找人来帮忙 |
[17:38] | But the boy… | 但那个男孩 |
[17:41] | he was already gone. | 他已经断气了 |
[17:43] | And the girl, she just kept asking for help, | 而那个女孩 一直在不停地喊救命 |
[17:46] | over and over. | 一遍又一遍 |
[17:50] | I stayed with her. | 我留在那里陪她 |
[17:53] | And then the police came. | 然后警察就来了 |
[17:56] | And the next thing you know, | 紧接着 |
[17:57] | I was being charged with murder. | 我就被控犯下了谋杀罪 |
[18:00] | Leonard… | 伦纳德 |
[18:02] | you were married before you went to prison, weren’t you? | 你入狱前已经结婚了 对吗 |
[18:06] | My wife, she left me two years after I went away. | 我妻子 在我入狱两年后离开了我 |
[18:10] | She said she couldn’t handle it anymore. | 她说她再也忍受不了了 |
[18:12] | And what about your children? | 那你的孩子们呢 |
[18:13] | Do you still see them? | 你还能见到他们吗 |
[18:14] | I haven’t seen my son in over ten years. | 我已经十年多没见过我儿子了 |
[18:17] | And I hadn’t seen Maya until you found her | 而直到你找到我女儿 告诉她我是无辜的 |
[18:21] | and told her I was innocent | 并且你会证明这一点 |
[18:22] | and you were going to prove it. | 我才见到了玛雅 |
[18:24] | That’s her right there. | 她就坐在那边 |
[18:31] | Leonard, is there something that you would like to say to her? | 伦纳德 你有什么话想对她说的吗 |
[18:35] | I lost 12 years for a crime I didn’t commit. | 我因未行之罪失去了12年的时光 |
[18:41] | But I won’t regret any of it | 但如果最终我能 |
[18:44] | if it ends up being the thing | 洗脱罪名并和你团聚的话 |
[18:46] | that got me clean and reunited with you. | 我对之前的一切一点都不后悔 |
[18:51] | Because if I died | 因为如果我 |
[18:54] | with you believing your father did this… | 在你相信你父亲犯了这样的罪的情况下死去 |
[18:56] | She doesn’t think that. | 她不这么想的 |
[18:57] | She knows that you didn’t hurt those kids. | 她知道你没有伤害那些孩子 |
[19:04] | I have no further questions, Your Honor. | 我没有问题了 法官大人 |
[19:08] | Your Honor, we reserve the right | 法官大人 我们保留 |
[19:09] | to cross examine the defendant. | 盘诘被告的权利 |
[19:12] | But for now, since he’s claiming he knows | 但现在 既然他声称他知道 |
[19:14] | what it feels like to be an aggrieved father, | 作为一位悲伤的父亲是什么样的心情 |
[19:16] | I’d like to call Victor Forrest to the stand. | 我希望传唤维克托·福雷斯特出庭作证 |
[19:26] | Thank you for agreeing to do this, Mr. Forrest. | 感谢你愿意作证 福雷斯特先生 |
[19:29] | I know how difficult it must be for you. | 我知道这对于你来说一定很不容易 |
[19:31] | Would you mind telling us a little bit about your daughter? | 你能跟我们说说你女儿吗 |
[19:34] | What can I say? | 我该怎么说呢 |
[19:35] | Kim was our everything– she was sweet, kind. | 金是我们的一切 她可爱 善良 |
[19:39] | Incredible sense of humor. | 很有幽默感 |
[19:41] | She played soccer, didn’t she? | 她还踢足球 对吗 |
[19:43] | Used to watch her run up and down the field. | 我以前常去看着她在球场上奔跑 |
[19:47] | Never got tired, she just kept running, | 乐此不疲 她就一直奔跑着 |
[19:48] | big smile on her face. | 大大的笑容写在她脸上 |
[19:51] | She had such a beautiful smile. | 她的笑容是如此美丽 |
[19:53] | It’s obvious you loved her very much. | 显然你非常爱她 |
[19:55] | I didn’t just love her. I tried to protect her. | 我不仅仅爱她 我试图保护她 |
[19:58] | I warned her about boys. | 我警告她要小心那些男孩子 |
[19:59] | Drugs. | 以及毒品 |
[20:01] | And I said, “If you’re ever in trouble, | 而且我跟她说”有任何麻烦 |
[20:02] | you call me.” | 打电话给我” |
[20:03] | And the thing that gets me is, | 而最让我难过的是 |
[20:06] | she did call that night. | 她那晚确实打电话给我了 |
[20:07] | Not to say she was in trouble. | 并非因为她碰到了麻烦 |
[20:10] | To say she was coming home. | 而是告诉我她就要回来了 |
[20:12] | But she never did make it home. | 但她最终没能回来 |
[20:13] | No, and I don’t care what some junkie witness was gonna say. | 是 而且我也不管那瘾君子作证要说什么 |
[20:18] | They found that animal standing over my little girl’s body. | 他们发现那个畜生就站在我女儿的身边 |
[20:21] | Her blood all over him. | 他身上满是我女儿的鲜血 |
[20:23] | He took away my everything in one night. | 他一夜之间夺走了我的一切 |
[20:26] | And he did it for money to buy more drugs. | 而他这么做不过是为了换钱嗑更多药 |
[20:28] | And how do you feel about the speech he gave to the jury? | 那你对他对陪审团说的那番话有什么感想 |
[20:31] | He talked about getting a second chance with his family. | 他说希望能给他和他家人第二次机会 |
[20:34] | What about my family? | 那我的家人呢 |
[20:36] | Our lives were ruined that night. | 我们的生活在那晚彻底崩塌 |
[20:38] | My little girl never even got a first chance. | 我的女儿连第一次机会都没有 |
[20:41] | No further questions, Your Honor. | 我没有问题了 法官大人 |
[20:48] | Mr. Forrest… | 福雷斯特先生 |
[20:51] | Did you actually see Leonard Bailey kill your daughter? | 你亲眼看到伦纳德·贝利杀死你女儿了吗 |
[20:54] | Of course I didn’t, but that doesn’t mean– | 没有 但这并不代表 |
[20:55] | No further questions, Your Honor. | 我没有问题了 法官大人 |
[21:07] | Donna, can I talk to you for a second? | 唐娜 能给我一分钟吗 |
[21:10] | Well, since you asked so nicely, | 既然你那么诚恳 |
[21:11] | I’ll even give you two. | 我可以给你两分钟 |
[21:12] | I have some bad news I have to give Louis, | 我要告诉路易一个坏消息 |
[21:14] | and since he and I are finally in a good place… | 然而我和他好不容易和好 |
[21:15] | You want to know how to break it to him | 你想知道怎么做才能又告诉他消息 |
[21:17] | without blowing things up again. | 又不会再次和他闹翻 |
[21:18] | Yeah. | 知我莫若你 |
[21:20] | How bad is it? | 坏消息是有多坏 |
[21:22] | It’s not good. | 很不好 |
[21:24] | Then do what you just did with me. | 那就和你刚刚和我说的那样说给他 |
[21:26] | Approach him with respect, pull the Band-Aid off, | 带着诚意去找他 开门见山直白的说 |
[21:28] | and if you have that same look on your face | 并且如果你那时的表情和现在 |
[21:30] | as you do right now, | 一模一样的话 |
[21:31] | he’ll send you on your way with a handshake. | 他会以礼相待的 |
[21:34] | Thanks, Donna. | 感谢建议 唐纳 |
[21:36] | Stu? | 斯图 |
[21:39] | It was nice having you here. | 很高兴和你们公用办公室 |
[21:50] | What? | 怎么了 |
[21:52] | You should’ve seen yourself thunder away at Kendrick today. | 你真该看看你今天吓跑肯迪克的威武样子 |
[21:54] | You were amazing. | 你太帅啦 |
[21:57] | And if I were Dawson or Downey | 而且如果我是道森或者唐尼的话 |
[21:58] | and I had to choose between you and your father | 而且我必须在你和你父亲之间 |
[22:01] | to represent me on this, | 选择一个为我辩护的话 |
[22:03] | I’d choose you any day of the week | 一周的每天我都会选你 |
[22:05] | and twice on Sunday. | 周日更会加倍想选你 |
[22:07] | What’re you talking about? | 你到底在说啥 |
[22:08] | I’m talking about “A Few Good Men.” | 《义海雄风》啊 |
[22:09] | Mike, I don’t have time for movie quotes right now. | 迈克 我现在没空和你扯电影梗 |
[22:11] | I’m not trying to quote a movie, Rachel, | 瑞秋 我不是要和你逗趣扯电影梗 |
[22:13] | I’m trying to tell you that it doesn’t matter | 我只是想告诉你无论那女生的父亲说什么 |
[22:15] | what that girl’s father said. | 都不用理 |
[22:16] | You’re still in this, | 你还在这个案子里 |
[22:17] | and you were great up there. | 而且你在庭上的表现好赞 |
[22:22] | Wait a minute, her father. | 等下 你说她父亲 |
[22:25] | What about him? | 他怎么了 |
[22:32] | He called Maria a junkie witness. | 他说玛利亚是个瘾君子证人 |
[22:35] | How would he even know that she was a drug user? | 他怎么会连她嗑药的事情都知道呢 |
[22:36] | What do you mean? The same way I would know. | 你在说什么呀 跟我一样啊 |
[22:37] | Leonard and his public defender said so on the stand. | 伦纳德和他的公诉人在法庭上都这么说了 |
[22:40] | No, but he used those exact words when he came at me | 不是 当他找我说让我别再管这件事时 |
[22:42] | trying to get me to drop this whole thing. | 用了一模一样的词 |
[22:44] | – He came at you? – It’s fine, I handled it. | -他找过你 -没事 我对付过去了 |
[22:45] | But he did try to intimidate me. | 但他确实试图恐吓我来着 |
[22:49] | And a man who would intimidate you | 而一个恐吓了你的人 |
[22:50] | might do the same thing to Maria Gomez. | 很可能也对玛丽亚做过同样的事 |
[22:52] | Yeah, but I don’t think he intimidated her. | 是 但我觉得他没有恐吓他 |
[22:54] | I think he did the opposite. | 我想他应该是做了相反的举动 |
[22:55] | What’re you saying? | 你在说什么 |
[22:56] | I’m saying I think we need to pay that man a visit. | 我是说我觉得我们去拜访一下他吧 |
[23:03] | Louis, do you have a minute? | 路易 有时间吗 |
[23:04] | Tell you the truth, Stu, | 实话实说 斯图 |
[23:05] | I kind of have a full plate right now, | 我现在很忙 |
[23:06] | so unless it’s a matter of life and death, | 所以除非事关生死 |
[23:08] | I’d rather it wait. | 不然你就等等吧 |
[23:09] | This can’t wait. | 这事不能等 |
[23:12] | We have to move out. | 我们得搬走了 |
[23:13] | What do you mean, “Move out”? | 你说的搬走是什么意思 |
[23:14] | We’re relocating. | 就是我们要搬迁办公室了 |
[23:16] | I wanted to tell you in person | 我想亲自和你讲 |
[23:17] | so there’s no hard feelings. | 免得伤害感情 |
[23:19] | Oh, bullshit, you can’t do this. | 扯淡 你不能搬走啊 |
[23:20] | Louis, I don’t have a choice. | 路易 我别无选择 |
[23:22] | Sutter went bankrupt two days ago, | 萨特两天前破产了 |
[23:23] | and they owed us under their contract. | 而法律上我们公司是属于他们的 |
[23:25] | They’re offering us their space to cover their obligations | 他们要我们搬到他们的办公室减轻债务 |
[23:27] | and I have to say yes by tomorrow. | 而明天之前我必须答应他们 |
[23:29] | You wouldn’t even have those obligations, Stu, | 如果不是我们你们都不会有这义务 |
[23:31] | if it weren’t for us. | 斯图 |
[23:32] | I know that, but I can’t tell my bosses | 我知道 但我不能和我的老板们说 |
[23:33] | I’m passing on a fortune in free rent | 就因为你们帮了我个忙 |
[23:35] | ’cause you guys did me a solid. | 我就要拒绝免费办公室 |
[23:36] | Well, then you tell them you have a lease | 那你告诉他们你都签了租赁协议了 |
[23:37] | and I’m gonna sue your goddamn ass. | 中途退租我就告你 |
[23:40] | Louis, there’s a clause in the lease | 路易 租赁协议有个条款是 |
[23:41] | that gives me a 30-day out and you know it. | 30天内可退租 你知道的 |
[23:44] | Stu, please. | 斯图 拜托了 |
[23:45] | You cannot do this to us now. | 你现在不能这么做啊 |
[23:48] | – Not tonight. – I’m sorry, Louis. | -至少今晚不行 -抱歉 路易 |
[23:50] | I hate to hang you out to dry | 我真的不想害你们 如果 |
[23:51] | and if I could help you in another way, I would. | 我有别的办法帮忙 我一定会的 |
[23:54] | But we can’t rent this space. | 但是我们真的不能再租这个地方了 |
[24:17] | I have nothing to say to you. | 我们没什么好讲 |
[24:19] | Please, Mr. Forrest, you confronted me | 拜托 福勒斯特 我不想跟你说话时 |
[24:21] | when I didn’t want to talk to you, | 你还是质问了我 |
[24:22] | and I gave you the respect to hear what you had to say. | 而且我也尊重你 听你说完了话 |
[24:24] | You can at least hear what we have to say. | 至少您也给予相同的尊重听我们把话说完 |
[24:26] | You got 60 seconds, then I’m calling the police. | 给你们60秒 然后我就叫警察了 |
[24:28] | Go ahead, but when they get here, | 尽管报警 当他们到的时候 |
[24:29] | we’ll tell them all about how you sent Maria Gomez away | 我们就告诉他们你送走了玛利亚·戈麦斯 |
[24:32] | so that she couldn’t testify. | 导致她无法作证 |
[24:33] | – That’s insane. – Is it? | -你们在说什么胡话 -是乱讲吗 |
[24:35] | Because a woman who was never in the court record as a drug user | 因为一个从未被法庭记录为瘾君子的证人 |
[24:38] | went to a rehab facility she could never afford | 去了她绝无可能负担得起的戒毒所 |
[24:41] | and you know enough about her | 而你对她熟悉到1个月前 |
[24:42] | to call her a druggie to my face a month ago. | 就当我面叫她吸毒者 |
[24:44] | That’s not proof of anything. | 这无法证明任何事情 |
[24:45] | And that’s not the answer of an innocent man. | 如果你是无辜的也不会这么接我们的话 |
[24:48] | Look, Mr. Forrest, | 福雷斯特先生 |
[24:50] | I can’t begin to understand what you’ve been through, | 您所承担的巨大痛苦我都无法想象 |
[24:52] | but right now, the wrong man is sitting on death row | 但现在因为您的所做作为 |
[24:55] | because of what you did. | 一个无辜的人成了死囚 |
[24:56] | – I didn’t do shit. – Please. | -我什么也没做 -拜托你了 |
[24:59] | Can’t you imagine what this has been like for Leonard Bailey, | 你就不能想想伦纳德·贝利经历了什么吗 |
[25:01] | what his life has looked like for the past 12 years? | 他过去的12年里所遭受的吗 |
[25:05] | The only thing I want to imagine | 我唯一想去想象的 |
[25:06] | is what my life’s gonna be like | 就是那个男人咽下他最后一口气之后 |
[25:07] | after that man takes his final breath. | 我的生活该有的样子 |
[25:10] | Your time is up. | 你们的时间到了 |
[25:22] | Louis, is everything okay? | 路易 你没事吧 |
[25:24] | What do you mean? | 什么意思 |
[25:25] | I mean, I saw what happened with Stu. | 我的意思是我知道斯图的事了 |
[25:27] | I know he’s leaving, but it’s gonna be okay. | 我知道他要离开 但一切都会好起来的 |
[25:29] | Harvey’s gonna fix things with Jim Reynolds, | 哈维会搞定吉姆·雷诺兹的事 |
[25:31] | we’re gonna get more clients– | 我们会找到更多的客户 |
[25:32] | Tara’s pregnant. | 塔拉怀孕了 |
[25:35] | It’s not mine. | 孩子不是我的 |
[25:37] | What did you tell her? | 那你跟她说了什么 |
[25:37] | I told her I’m going to stay with her | 我告诉她我要和她在一起 |
[25:39] | and support her every way I can, | 并且尽力支持她 |
[25:41] | because I’m in love with her. | 因为我爱她 |
[25:42] | And what did she say? | 她怎么说的 |
[25:43] | She said we need to sleep on it | 她说我们需要先冷静一下 |
[25:44] | because it hasn’t sunk in for me. | 因为我会后悔 |
[25:45] | Then what were you so upset about? | 那你为什么这么沮丧呢 |
[25:47] | What if she’s saying that | 要是她说这些话 |
[25:48] | because she can’t decided what she’s gonna do? | 是因为她不知道该做什么那怎么办呢 |
[25:50] | – Louis– – How do I know she didn’t wake up this morning | -路易 -我怎么知道她不会一早起来 |
[25:52] | and decide to run back to him? | 就决定回去找他呢 |
[25:53] | That’s not what’s going on. | 事情不是这样的 |
[25:55] | This is a huge decision | 这是一个重大决定 |
[25:56] | and she wants to make sure | 她想要确定 |
[25:57] | that you’re in it for the long haul. | 你这样决定不是一时冲动 |
[25:58] | Donna, I would never go back on my word. | 唐娜 我言出必行不会反悔的 |
[26:00] | That’s not true and you know it. | 你以前没少反悔而且你也清楚 |
[26:02] | You make impulsive decisions | 你总是喜欢冲动之下 |
[26:03] | and you go back on them all the time. | 做出决定然后又反悔 |
[26:04] | – This is different. – How? | -那不一样 -怎么不一样 |
[26:05] | Because it’s a baby. | 因为这事关孩子 |
[26:07] | I would never do that to a baby. | 我不会这么对待孩子的 |
[26:10] | I hear you, but all I’m saying is, | 我相信你 但我的意思是 |
[26:12] | don’t do something rash. | 不要匆忙决定 |
[26:13] | Because this isn’t something you can change your mind about. | 因为这种事不是你想反悔就可以反悔的 |
[26:20] | You got to be kidding. | 你们逗我呢吧 |
[26:22] | You went to see the victim’s father without telling me? | 你们瞒着我去见受害人的父亲 |
[26:23] | Jessica, we didn’t have time and we had to know. | 杰西卡 这件事不能等我们必须弄清楚 |
[26:26] | And like you taught Harvey and Harvey taught me, | 就像你教给哈维 哈维又教给我的那样 |
[26:28] | it’s better to ask forgiveness than permission. | 事后求原谅比事前求允许要好的多 |
[26:30] | You’re not asking for either one. | 你不是要求我这些 |
[26:31] | You’re asking me to accuse the man | 你是在要求我在公开法庭 |
[26:33] | of obstruction of justice in open court. | 控告这个男人妨碍司法公正 |
[26:35] | Jessica, we looked the man in the eye, | 杰西卡 我们在他的眼神里看到了真相 |
[26:37] | and I’m telling you, he did it. | 我发誓 就是他做的 |
[26:39] | I don’t give a shit if he did it or not. | 我不在乎他有没有做过 |
[26:41] | There’s no way on the planet we can prove it. | 我们根本无法证明他做过 |
[26:43] | We don’t have to prove it if you can break him on the stand. | 只要你在出庭时戳穿他就不需要证明 |
[26:45] | Are you out of your goddamn mind? | 你是不是疯了呀 |
[26:46] | – It’s the only way– – It’s not the only way. | -这是唯一的办法 -这不是 |
[26:48] | – And I’m not doing it. – What’re you so afraid of? | -我也不打算如此 -你到底在怕什么 |
[26:51] | Don’t you dare say that to me. | 你居然敢对我说这句话 |
[26:54] | That man’s life is in my hands | 那个男人的命掌握在我的手里 |
[26:56] | because your fiancée told him not to take the deal. | 而且就是因为你未婚妻告诉他不要交易 |
[26:59] | And if we attack the father and it backfires, | 要是我们攻击受害人父亲又适得其反 |
[27:02] | we lose the jury for good and his life is over. | 我们会完全失去陪审团的信任而他也就完了 |
[27:07] | Jessica, this guy wants to tell everyone the truth | 杰西卡 这个家伙想告诉人们真相 |
[27:10] | because he’s proud of it. | 因为他为此骄傲 |
[27:12] | You just need to lead him right where he’s dying to go. | 你只需要引导他说出他想说的话 |
[27:14] | And what if I can’t do that? | 如果我做不到呢 |
[27:16] | Mike has something that might help. | 迈克有个主意 |
[27:19] | What’re you talking about? | 你说的是什么 |
[27:20] | I’m asking if you’ve seen the movie “A Few Good Men.” | 我想问你看过《义海雄风》吗 |
[27:28] | Donna, what’re you doing here? | 唐娜 你在这做什么 |
[27:29] | Waiting for you. | 等你啊 |
[27:30] | Because I’ve been calling you and texting you | 因为我给你打了电话发了短信 |
[27:31] | and you obviously haven’t checked your phone. | 很明显你就没看手机 |
[27:33] | I haven’t checked my phone | 我没看手机 |
[27:33] | because I’ve been going to every client | 是因为我去拜访了我们的每一位客户 |
[27:35] | we have reassuring them | 向他们保证 |
[27:36] | that Sutter’s gonna recant his bullshit | 萨特会收回他说的胡话 |
[27:37] | and Jim Reynolds isn’t going anywhere. | 并且吉姆·雷诺兹不会离开 |
[27:39] | Yeah, well, if you don’t do something soon, | 如果你不尽快采取措施 |
[27:40] | you’re gonna have to recant that. | 你就得收回你刚说的话了 |
[27:41] | What the hell are you talking about? | 你到底在说什么呢 |
[27:42] | Jim Reynolds called. | 吉姆·雷诺兹之前打来电话 |
[27:43] | They moved his board meeting to tomorrow. | 他们把董事会改到明天了 |
[27:56] | – We need to talk. – I don’t believe this. | -我们需要谈谈 -真是难以置信 |
[27:58] | I’m about to give the most important cross examination in my life | 我马上要进行我人生中最重要的盘诘 |
[28:01] | and you’re showing up now? | 你们居然选这个时刻突然出现 |
[28:02] | Jessica, we left you a dozen messages. | 杰西卡 我们给你留了十几条留言 |
[28:04] | Jim Reynolds’ board moved up the meeting. | 吉姆·雷诺兹的董事提前了董事会 |
[28:05] | Then tell them to push it back because I can’t go right now. | 那就告诉他们延后因为我现在去不了 |
[28:08] | Goddamn it, don’t you get it? | 该死 你还不明白吗 |
[28:09] | They moved it up so they can get it over with. | 他们提前开会就是为了能尽快结束 |
[28:11] | They’re gonna fire Reynolds and they’re fire us. | 他们要炒掉雷诺兹还有我们 |
[28:12] | And he made it clear that you need to be there. | 而他说的很清楚你一定要出席 |
[28:14] | Jessica, Louis is right. | 杰西卡 路易说的没错 |
[28:15] | If we show up without you, | 如果你不和我们一起出席 |
[28:16] | we may as well not show up at all. | 那我们去了也是白去 |
[28:19] | Is the defense ready to proceed? | 辩方律师准备好发问了吗 |
[28:25] | Your Honor, I’d like to ask for a half-day continuance. | 法官大人 我想申请半天的延期审理 |
[28:28] | On what grounds? | 基于什么理由 |
[28:29] | It has to do with my law firm’s survival. | 事关我律所的生死存亡 |
[28:31] | Then let her associate take the reins for half a day. | 那就让她的同事接管半天 |
[28:33] | She’s not ready for this. | 她还没做好这个准备 |
[28:34] | Well, she was ready for the other thing. | 她倒是为别的事准备的挺好 |
[28:35] | That was different and the prosecution knows it. | 那并不一样 检方也很清楚 |
[28:38] | What I know is whatever’s happening with your firm | 我知道的是你的律所发生的事 |
[28:40] | is not my concern. | 不是我该管的 |
[28:41] | So either let your associate handle this | 所以要么让你的助手盘诘 |
[28:43] | or handle it yourself. | 要么你来 |
[28:44] | But this case is moving forward. | 但案子要照常审理 |
[28:54] | Do whatever you can. | 你们尽力办吧 |
[28:55] | I’m not abandoning Leonard to some corporate power struggle. | 我不能为了他们的权力斗争而放弃伦纳德 |
[28:59] | This isn’t a goddamn power struggle. | 这不是什么权力斗争 |
[29:01] | We’re gonna go out of business. | 我们的公司要倒闭了 |
[29:02] | I can’t think about that right now, Louis. | 我现在没空想这些 路易 |
[29:05] | That man’s life is on the line, | 那个男人命悬一线 |
[29:07] | and I’m not hanging him out to dry. | 我不能袖手旁观 |
[29:08] | Ms. Pearson, are you ready to proceed? | 皮尔逊女士 你准备好开始了吗 |
[29:13] | We are, Your Honor. | 准备好了 法官大人 |
[29:15] | Defense would like to recall Victor Forrest to the stand. | 辩方律师想传唤维克多·福雷斯特出庭 |
[29:28] | Jessica, what a surprise. | 杰西卡 真让人意外 |
[29:30] | You never come to my office. | 你从来没来过我的办公室 |
[29:33] | When did you get home from school? | 你什么时候从学校到家的 |
[29:35] | This morning. | 今天早上 |
[29:36] | Oh, if I’d known you were coming– | 我要是早知道你会过来 |
[29:37] | I didn’t want you to know, Dad. | 我不想让你知道 爸爸 |
[29:39] | – I have some news. – What is it? | -我有大消息告诉你 -什么消息 |
[29:41] | Is everything okay? | 一切还好吗 |
[29:41] | I got into Harvard Law next year. | 我拿到了明年去哈佛法学院的通知书 |
[29:43] | – And I’m going. – What? | -而且我也想要去 -什么 |
[29:44] | I’m going to be a lawyer. | 我想成为一名律师 |
[29:47] | What happened to our plan of you becoming surgeon? | 那你当医生的计划呢 |
[29:49] | That was never our plan, Dad. It was always yours. | 那不是我们的计划 爸爸 只是你的 |
[29:51] | Don’t you speak to me like that. | 不许这么跟我说话 |
[29:52] | I’m not speaking to you like anything. | 我没怎么跟你说话 |
[29:55] | I’m telling you the truth. | 我只是在说事实 |
[29:56] | You want the truth? | 你想要事实 |
[29:58] | Doctors save lives and lawyers are nothing but | 医生可以治病救人 而律师不过是 |
[29:59] | power-hungry bottom-feeders. | 渴望权力的底层 |
[30:01] | They don’t have to be and I’m not going to be. | 律师不一定就如此 而且我绝不会如此 |
[30:03] | – And I raised you better. – No, Dad. | -我教给你的东西更好 -不 爸爸 |
[30:04] | You raised me to do what inspires me. | 你教我做能激励我的事 |
[30:07] | And what inspires me is to be a lawyer. | 而能激励我的事情 就是做名律师 |
[30:09] | You go to that school, | 你去那所学校 |
[30:11] | you’re gonna get infected with their lawyer mind-set | 就会染上他们的律师思维 |
[30:12] | and when you come out, | 等你出来 |
[30:14] | you’re not gonna give a shit about your fellow man. | 就会不在乎自己的同胞 |
[30:18] | If you think that, | 如果你真这么想 |
[30:19] | then you should’ve spent more time with me. | 那你应该再多花点时间跟我相处 |
[30:23] | Because you don’t know me at all. | 因为你一点都不了解我 |
[30:33] | Ms. Pearson? | 皮尔逊女士 |
[30:35] | Ms. Pearson, are you ready? | 皮尔逊女士 你准备好了吗 |
[30:49] | Mr. Forrest… | 福雷斯特先生 |
[30:51] | so many lives were ruined that night. | 那一晚许多人的生活都被毁掉了 |
[30:56] | Your daughter’s, her boyfriend’s, yours. | 你女儿的 她男友的 还有你的 |
[30:59] | Is there a question? | 这是个问题吗 |
[31:00] | Someone had to pay for that, didn’t they? | 总得有人为其付出代价 不是吗 |
[31:02] | Yeah, they sure as hell did. | 该付出代价的人也付了 |
[31:04] | Is that why you paid for Maria Gomez | 所以你付钱给玛利亚·戈麦斯 |
[31:05] | to go to rehab to keep her from testifying | 让她去戒毒所 致使她无法出庭 |
[31:08] | at Mr. Bailey’s trial? | 为贝利先生的审判作证吗 |
[31:10] | – What? – Objection, Your Honor, | -什么 -反对 法官大人 |
[31:11] | she’s putting the victim on trial. | 她在让受害者受审 |
[31:13] | My client is the victim here. | 我当事人才是受害者 |
[31:15] | Ms. Pearson, you better back this up fast. | 皮尔逊女士 你最好尽快提出证据 |
[31:16] | Then ask the witness to answer my question. | 那就让证人回答我的问题 |
[31:18] | I never even heard of that woman until yesterday. | 我昨天之前都没听说过那女人的名字 |
[31:20] | Your Honor, the defense would like to admit into evidence | 法官大人 辩方申请提交证据 |
[31:22] | the admissions form for an Allison Dobsen | 是艾莉森·多布森12年前 |
[31:25] | into the Pathways Rehabilitation Center from 12 years ago. | 进入路径康复中心的申请表 |
[31:28] | Wha–who is that? | 那是…谁 |
[31:29] | She was Maria Gomez’s roommate. | 她是玛利亚·戈麦斯的室友 |
[31:30] | And I’m gonna put her on the stand. | 我会让她出庭作证 |
[31:31] | No, that’s can’t be. No–you can’t do that. | 不 你不能那么做 |
[31:33] | And she’s going to say that Maria told her | 她会作证玛利亚曾告诉她 |
[31:36] | that she felt terrible about abandoning her friend. | 自己为抛弃朋友感到羞愧 |
[31:38] | – Objection, hearsay. – No, she won’t. | -反对 传闻证据 -不 她不会的 |
[31:40] | – Overruled. – And she’s going to testify | -反对无效 -她还会作证说 |
[31:42] | that you paid for Maria to be there. | 是你付钱让玛利亚去那里的 |
[31:43] | I had nothing to do with anything. | 我什么都没有做 |
[31:45] | That’s not what she’s going to say. | 她可不会这么说 |
[31:46] | – I don’t care, she’s lying. – Why would she lie? | -我不在乎 她说谎 -她为什么说谎 |
[31:47] | She just wants to put the record straight. | 她只想让真相大白 |
[31:49] | – The record is straight. – Not according to her roommate. | -真相已经大白了 -她室友可不同意 |
[31:51] | – She’s lying! – Objection, badgering. | -她在说谎 -反对 纠缠证人 |
[31:53] | How could you know? | 你怎么知道的呢 |
[31:54] | Because Maria Gomez didn’t have a roommate! | 因为玛利亚·戈麦斯就没有室友 |
[31:58] | What did you just say? | 你刚刚说什么 |
[32:00] | Yes, I paid for her. | 是 我给她钱了 |
[32:01] | Because she’s a junkie who’d say anything | 因为她是个瘾君子 只要能让他脱罪 |
[32:03] | to get him out of what he did, so I got her out of the way | 她什么话都能说 所以我把她弄走了 |
[32:05] | ’cause he did it. | 因为就是他干的 |
[32:06] | – Mr. Forrest– – He did it! | -福雷斯特先生 -就是他干的 |
[32:18] | Your Honor… | 法官大人 |
[32:20] | the defense asks that Mr. Bailey be exonerated | 辩方请求判决贝利先生无罪 |
[32:24] | and his sentence be commuted immediately. | 立即撤销他所有刑期 |
[32:28] | Mr. Marsden? | 马斯登先生 |
[32:31] | We have no objections, Your Honor. | 我们没有意见 法官大人 |
[32:33] | Then the jury may be excused. | 那么陪审团可以解散了 |
[32:35] | And Mr. Bailey… | 贝利先生 |
[32:37] | you’re free. | 你自由了 |
[32:41] | I can’t believe it. | 我不敢相信 |
[32:43] | We did it. | 我们做到了 |
[32:44] | We did it. | 我们做到了 |
[32:59] | I can’t thank you enough. | 我真的感激不尽 |
[33:02] | You don’t have to thank me, Leonard. | 你不用感激我 伦纳德 |
[33:06] | You just have to walk out that door. | 你只需要走出那扇门 |
[33:41] | That was one hell of a cross. | 真是次漂亮的盘诘 |
[33:43] | Well, I’d like to say it was no big deal, | 我很想谦虚一下说没什么 |
[33:44] | but I’d be lying if I didn’t say | 我一定是在说谎 如果我说这不是 |
[33:46] | it was the most satisfying moment of my entire career. | 我整个职业生涯中最满意的时刻 |
[33:50] | What’s this? | 这是什么 |
[33:52] | Got a call from Jim Reynolds. | 我接到了吉姆·雷诺兹的电话 |
[33:54] | He said that if you didn’t show today, | 她说如果你今天不到场 |
[33:55] | they were gonna sign with me. | 他们就会跟我签约 |
[33:57] | And we both know you didn’t show. | 我们都知道你没出现 |
[33:59] | You want to merge? | 你想合并 |
[34:03] | I said all that stuff about rivals | 我说那些关于希望有对手的话 |
[34:05] | because I didn’t want to say this in front of Harvey. | 是因为我不想当哈维的面说这些 |
[34:08] | But I know you tanked the Sutter case for Mike | 但我知道你们故意输掉萨特的案子是为了迈克 |
[34:11] | and I can see what you’ve been doing for Rachel. | 你为瑞秋做的事我也都看在眼里 |
[34:14] | So this isn’t just professional. | 这不只是职业行为 |
[34:17] | For me, it’s personal. | 对我来说 这是个人恩情 |
[34:18] | – Robert– – Jessica, | -罗伯特 -杰西卡 |
[34:19] | you got to knock down the mountain. | 你面前有座山要搬 |
[34:21] | Without help, you’re not gonna be able get back up. | 没有帮助 你没法重新站起来 |
[34:25] | Please, take my hand. | 拜托你 接受我的帮助吧 |
[34:27] | I appreciate your offer | 我很感谢你的提议 |
[34:30] | more than you know, Robert. | 比你想的还要感激 罗伯特 |
[34:33] | But I’ve had my name first for too long. | 但我做首席命名合伙人太久了 |
[34:35] | I can’t go back to having it last. | 不能接受我的名字列于他人之后 |
[34:38] | Jessica, if you don’t do this, | 杰西卡 你不这么做 |
[34:39] | you’re not gonna have it anywhere. | 你的名字就哪里都不存在了 |
[34:40] | Then so be it. | 那就不在吧 |
[34:42] | Besides, we both know lawyers are nothing but | 再说我们都知道 律师不过是 |
[34:45] | power-hungry bottom-feeders, anyway. | 渴望权力的底层 |
[35:01] | You two don’t look like Jessica Pearson. | 你俩谁都不像杰西卡·皮尔逊 |
[35:04] | Then again, it doesn’t really matter, | 不过这也不重要了 |
[35:05] | because in 15 minutes, your firm is no longer going to be | 因为15分钟后 你们律所就不再 |
[35:09] | in the employ of this company. | 受雇于这家公司了 |
[35:11] | Maybe not. | 或许是 |
[35:12] | But while we are, | 但在我们还受雇于它之时 |
[35:13] | I think you’re gonna need one more chair. | 我认为你需要加把椅子 |
[35:15] | What’re you talking about? | 你们在说什么 |
[35:16] | We’re talking about your brand new largest shareholder. | 我们在说你们最新的股权人 |
[35:18] | What shareholder? | 什么股权人 |
[35:20] | Hey, guy. Stu Buzzini. | 各位 我是斯图·布齐尼 |
[35:22] | This one at the head of the table looks good to me. | 这个最头上的椅子看起来挺适合我的 |
[35:24] | Look, I don’t care who you are | 我不管你是谁 |
[35:26] | or how many shares you bought. | 你买了多少股份 |
[35:27] | You’re not a member of this board. | 但你不是这个董事会的成员 |
[35:28] | No, but as of next quarter, I will be. | 对 但下个季度 我就是了 |
[35:30] | So either you keep these two as your lawyers | 所以要么你们留下他俩做你们的律师 |
[35:32] | and Jim Reynolds as your CEO, | 吉姆·雷诺兹做首席执行官 |
[35:34] | or at our next meeting, you’ll be out on your ass. | 要么下次会议 你就不是董事了 |
[35:36] | You can’t do this to me. | 你不能这么对我 |
[35:37] | That’s where you’re wrong, Donald. | 你错了 唐纳德 |
[35:39] | We can and we did. | 我们可以 而且已经做了 |
[35:40] | Because he just bought up your company | 因为他刚刚买下了你的公司 |
[35:42] | and you messed with the wrong goddamn Marine. | 而你惹错了一个大人物 |
[35:44] | What the hell are you talking about? | 你在说什么呢 |
[35:46] | Yeah, what are you talkin’ about? | 是呀 你说什么呢 |
[35:47] | – He’s quoting “A Few Good Men.” – Finally, somebody gets me. | -他在引用《义海雄风》 -知己啊 |
[35:50] | I got your back, bro. | 我支持你 兄弟 |
[35:50] | Don’t bro me, dude. | 别跟我称兄道弟 伙计 |
[35:51] | – You got it, Chief. – Hey, can I get in on this? | -没问题 长官 -我能加入吗 |
[35:54] | No. | 不行 |
[36:07] | I got you a present. | 我给你带了礼物 |
[36:12] | You didn’t have to do that. | 你不用这样的 |
[36:15] | I know. | 我知道 |
[36:18] | I know we’re not supposed to take pictures in there, | 我知道我们不该在那儿拍照 |
[36:20] | but I couldn’t help myself. | 但我没忍住 |
[36:25] | This is unbelievable. | 太不可思议了 |
[36:27] | No. | 不 |
[36:29] | What you did for that man is unbelievable. | 你为那个人做的才叫不可思议 |
[36:42] | Harvey offered me a job. | 哈维给了我份工作 |
[36:45] | Back to the firm… | 回律所去 |
[36:48] | as a consultant. | 做顾问 |
[36:51] | What are you gonna do? | 你打算怎么做 |
[36:54] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[37:07] | What is that, a cup of tea? | 那是什么 茶吗 |
[37:09] | Just a moment of quiet reflection. | 安静一小会儿 思考一下 |
[37:11] | Well, to hell with that. | 让安静去死吧 |
[37:12] | This is a moment for celebration. | 这是庆祝时刻 |
[37:14] | That’s right. | 没错 |
[37:15] | ‘Cause a man’s life wasn’t the only thing saved today. | 因为今天我们不仅救下一个人的命 |
[37:18] | Don’t tell me. | 我猜猜 |
[37:19] | You managed to lock down Jim Reynolds after all. | 你们想办法留住了吉姆·雷诺兹 |
[37:22] | We did. | 是的 |
[37:23] | The firm is safe, Jessica. | 律所保住了 杰西卡 |
[37:26] | Thank you. | 谢谢你们 |
[37:34] | But it’s not my firm anymore. | 但这不再是我的律所了 |
[37:40] | It’s yours. | 是你们的 |
[37:41] | What do you mean, “Ours”? | 什么叫”我们的” |
[37:42] | I mean, I’ve decided to step down. | 意思是我已经决定退职了 |
[37:44] | – What? – Jessica– | -什么 -杰西卡 |
[37:45] | Listen, somewhere along the way, | 这一路走过来 |
[37:47] | I forgot why I became a lawyer in the first place. | 我已经忘记了自己做律师的初衷 |
[37:50] | And it wasn’t just to fight for money and power. | 我不是要追求金钱和权力 |
[37:52] | It was to fight for something more. | 而是要为更重要的事奋斗的 |
[37:54] | Bullshit, you’re not fighting for something more, | 胡说 你这不是要为更重要的东西奋斗 |
[37:56] | you’re running away. | 你是要逃跑 |
[37:56] | – Louis– – No. | -路易 -不 |
[37:57] | We bust our ass to save this goddamn place, | 我们累得四脚朝天才救下这家律所 |
[37:59] | she decides to up and leave? | 她就决定放弃然后走人吗 |
[38:00] | We committed to this. | 我们为公司投入了心血的 |
[38:01] | Louis, she isn’t doing this to you. | 路易 她没有对不起你 |
[38:03] | She’s doing it for herself. | 她是为了对得起自己 |
[38:04] | I don’t give a shit why she’s doing it. | 我不管她为什么 |
[38:06] | It’s selfish and self-serving and it’s not gonna happen. | 这是极度自私的行为 这不能发生 |
[38:09] | Do you think I want to goddamn want do this, Louis? | 你以为我想这么做吗 路易 |
[38:13] | I have to do this. | 我别无选择 |
[38:14] | You can’t just throw this all away | 我们刚把它们救回来 |
[38:15] | after we gave everything to save it. | 你不能就这么抛下一切 |
[38:17] | That’s enough. | 够了 |
[38:19] | Louis, after the partners left, | 路易 在合伙人离开前 |
[38:20] | we swore we were gonna dedicate every ounce of blood, sweat, | 我们发誓要贡献最后一点力量 |
[38:23] | and tears we had to this place. | 无论是血液汗水还是泪水 投入这里 |
[38:26] | But we didn’t. | 但我们没有 |
[38:29] | Harvey and I focused on getting Mike out, | 哈维和我一直专注于救出迈克 |
[38:31] | Jessica and Rachel focused on Leonard Bailey, | 杰西卡和瑞秋专注于伦纳德·贝利 |
[38:33] | and you focused on finding love in your life. | 而你则在一心寻找真爱 |
[38:38] | – That’s not true. – Yes it is. | -不是这样的 -就是这样的 |
[38:46] | I’m not ready to give up the firm. | 我还没准备好放弃律所 |
[38:48] | No one’s saying you have to give up the firm, Louis. | 没人说你要放弃律所 路易 |
[38:53] | You just have to let me go. | 你只需要放我走 |
[38:58] | You sure about this? | 你确定吗 |
[39:02] | Tell you the truth, | 跟你说实话 |
[39:04] | for first time in my life, | 这是我人生第一次 |
[39:07] | I’m not sure about anything, | 完全充满了未知 |
[39:08] | and it scares the shit out of me. | 这一点真的让我怕得要死 |
[39:12] | But I’m sure I have to do this. | 但我确定我要这么做 |
[39:18] | To Pearson Specter Litt. | 敬皮尔逊-斯佩克特-利特 |
[39:27] | To Pearson Specter Litt. | 敬皮尔逊-斯佩克特-利特 |
[40:05] | You busy? | 你忙吗 |
[40:07] | Of course not. | 当然不忙 |
[40:08] | I know you told me to sleep on it. | 我知道你跟我说要花点时间思考 |
[40:10] | I didn’t know if that meant take a day, two days. | 但我不知道那意思是一天还是两天 |
[40:14] | I’ve never really been in this position before. | 我真的没经历过这种情况 |
[40:15] | – Louis, I’m sorry– – Here’s the thing. | -路易 对不起 -我要说的是 |
[40:19] | I tried to sleep on it, | 我思考了 |
[40:21] | and all I could do was picture a life without you | 但我只能想象到没有你 和你 |
[40:24] | and your beautiful unborn baby | 还未出世的漂亮孩子的生活 |
[40:26] | and it just made me crazy to think | 只是想想以后我的生活里没有你 |
[40:28] | I wouldn’t be part a of it. | 都快要把我折磨疯了 |
[40:31] | But Tara, you need to know that I am not gonna say yes | 塔拉 你要知道我不会今天说好 |
[40:33] | today and change my mind tomorrow. | 明天就变卦 |
[40:37] | And I don’t know how to give you that reassurance | 我不知道在问你一个问题之前 |
[40:39] | without asking you something first. | 怎么给你保证 |
[40:47] | Oh, my God, Louis. | 天呐 路易 |
[40:51] | Tara Messer. | 塔拉·梅瑟 |
[40:53] | Will you marry me? | 你愿意嫁给我吗 |
[40:58] | Yes, Louis. I’ll marry you. | 愿意 路易 我愿意 |
[41:23] | Jessica. | 杰西卡 |
[41:25] | What’re you doing here? | 你怎么来了 |
[41:27] | I wanted to talk to you before you left for Chicago. | 我想在你去芝加哥之前跟你聊聊 |
[41:30] | I’m glad, but I wouldn’t have left without saying good-bye. | 我很高兴 但我不会不说再见就离开的 |
[41:33] | I didn’t just come here to say good-bye. | 我不是来说再见的 |
[41:39] | I came to see what you think about me coming with you. | 我来问你 我跟你走怎么样 |
[41:43] | What about the firm? | 律所怎么办 |
[41:45] | I’m leaving the firm. | 我要离开律所 |
[41:47] | Jessica, if you’re walking away from everything for me– | 杰西卡 如果你要为了我放弃一切 |
[41:50] | No, I’m not doing this just for you. | 不 我不单是为你 |
[41:53] | I’m doing this for me. | 我是为了我自己 |
[41:57] | I don’t want to be a co-operate lawyer any more. | 我不想再做企业律师了 |
[42:01] | So, if you don’t want me to come to Chicago with you, | 如果你不想让我跟你一起去芝加哥 |
[42:06] | I won’t. | 我就不去 |
[42:09] | But I’m walking away | 但我要放弃律所了 |
[42:12] | no matter what. | 无论如何 |
[42:19] | Then walk away with me. | 那就放下跟我走 |
[42:46] | You gonna be okay? | 你会好起来的对吧 |
[42:48] | She was my mentor. | 她是我的导师 |
[42:53] | But yeah, I’m gonna be okay. | 但是的 我会好起来 |
[42:58] | You want to be alone? | 你想单独待会儿吗 |
[43:01] | No. | 不想 |