时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:01] | It’s an offer letter. We need you. | 这是封录用函 我们需要你 |
[00:02] | I just got out of prison. I’m not trying to go back. | 我才刚出狱 可不想再进去 |
[00:05] | You’re not going back. | 你不会再进去的 |
[00:06] | Your title’s gonna be “Consultant”. | 你的头衔会是”顾问” |
[00:07] | You don’t have to do this for me. | 你不用再为我做这个 |
[00:08] | Do me a favor. Just think about it. | 那就帮帮忙 考虑一下 |
[00:11] | Your last LSAT score was significantly higher | 你这次的法学院入学考试分数 |
[00:13] | than your previous ones. | 比之前的要高出很多 |
[00:14] | I studied incredibly hard the last time. | 那是因为我这次学习超级努力 |
[00:17] | Did you study hard, | 是你努力学习 |
[00:17] | or did your fiancé study hard for you? | 还是你的未婚夫替你努力学习了 |
[00:19] | I’m pregnant. | 我怀孕了 |
[00:20] | This has to be some kind of record– | 但是这也太快了 |
[00:21] | – Louis. – It’s his. | -路易 -是他的 |
[00:23] | You make impulsive decisions, | 你总是喜欢冲动之下做出决定 |
[00:25] | and you go back on them all the time. | 然后又反悔 |
[00:26] | – This is different. – How? | -这次不一样 -怎么不一样 |
[00:27] | Because it’s a baby. | 因为这事关孩子 |
[00:28] | You want to merge? | 你想合并 |
[00:29] | Jessica, you got to knock down the mountain. | 杰西卡 你面前有座山要搬 |
[00:31] | Without help, you’re not gonna be able to get back up. | 没有帮助 你没法重新站起来 |
[00:34] | I’ve had my name first for too long. | 但我做首席命名合伙人太久了 |
[00:36] | I can’t go back to having it last. | 不能接受我的名字列于他人之后 |
[00:38] | Tara Messer, will you marry me? | 塔拉·梅瑟 你愿意嫁给我吗 |
[00:41] | Yes, Louis, I’ll marry you. | 愿意 路易 我愿意 |
[00:43] | You can’t just throw this all away | 我们刚把它们救回来 |
[00:44] | after we gave everything to save it! | 你不能就这么抛下一切 |
[00:46] | No one’s saying you have to give up the firm, Louis. | 没人说你要放弃律所 路易 |
[00:48] | You just have to let me go. | 你只需要放我走 |
[00:50] | You sure about this? | 你确定吗 |
[00:51] | I’m not sure about anything, | 我什么都不确定 |
[00:52] | and it scares the shit out of me. | 这一点真的让我怕得要死 |
[00:54] | You gonna be okay? | 你会好起来的对吧 |
[00:55] | She was my mentor. | 她是我的导师 |
[00:57] | But, yeah, I’m gonna be okay. | 但是的 我会好起来 |
[01:14] | Hey, if it’s gonna be much longer, | 如果你还要磨蹭很久 |
[01:16] | I could just get some on the way. | 我干脆上班路上买好了 |
[01:20] | Hold your horses, mister. | 别着急嘛 先生 |
[01:29] | That was the best cup of coffee I’ve ever had. | 这真是我喝过的最好喝的咖啡了 |
[01:32] | I told you it was worth the wait. | 我说过值得你等待吧 |
[01:46] | That was nice. | 真不错 |
[01:47] | It was. | 是啊 |
[01:49] | And as much as I’d like to spend all day doing it, | 虽然我很想这样一整天 |
[01:52] | we should get going. | 但我们该走了 |
[01:54] | Just do me a favor– | 帮个忙 |
[01:55] | Harvey. | 哈维 |
[01:56] | I don’t think you understand. | 我觉得你还不明白 |
[01:58] | I told you once this happened again, | 我跟你说过 一旦我们这样 |
[01:59] | I don’t work for you anymore. | 我就不再为你工作了 |
[02:01] | Donna, you can’t leave me. | 唐娜 你不能离开我 |
[02:02] | I’m not leaving you, Harvey. I just don’t work for you. | 我不是要离开你 哈维 我只是不为你工作了 |
[02:04] | – That’s leaving me. – No, Harvey. | -这就是离开我 -不 哈维 |
[02:07] | That’s not leaving you. | 这不是离开你 |
[02:09] | Jessica left you. | 杰西卡离开了你 |
[02:11] | And you need to get it through your head, | 你得想明白 |
[02:13] | she’s never coming back. | 她不会回来了 |
[02:31] | What you thinking about? | 你想什么呢 |
[02:35] | Just thinking about names. | 就是在想名字 |
[02:38] | I always wanted a boy named Cooper… | 我一直想要一个叫库珀的男孩 |
[02:42] | And a girl named Lucy. | 还有一个叫露西的女孩 |
[02:45] | Louis, I appreciate you thinking about this, but– | 路易 谢谢你想这么多 但是 |
[02:48] | I know. I’m not the father. | 我知道 我不是孩子的父亲 |
[02:51] | It’s just that if I’m gonna help raise him, | 只是 如果我要一起养他 |
[02:53] | I’d like to give him something. | 我想给他点什么 |
[02:54] | It doesn’t matter. | 无所谓了 |
[02:56] | Because whatever his first name ends up being, | 因为 不管他最终叫什么 |
[03:00] | you’re gonna be the one who gave him his last name. | 他都会跟你的姓 |
[03:04] | Louis, I’m gonna be a Litt, | 路易 我要做利特太太了 |
[03:08] | which means our children are going to be Litts. | 所以 我们的孩子们也都会叫利特 |
[03:12] | You really mean that? | 你真心的 |
[03:13] | Of course I do. | 当然 |
[03:23] | Tara, I got to get going. | 塔拉 我得走了 |
[03:25] | Wh–what’s wrong? | 怎么了 |
[03:25] | Oh, nothing’s wrong. | 没怎么 |
[03:26] | Jessica left last night, | 杰西卡昨晚离开了 |
[03:27] | which means Harvey and I | 哈维和我 |
[03:28] | got to figure out what we’re gonna do. | 得想想该怎么办 |
[03:37] | Dad, what are you doing here? | 爸爸 你来做什么 |
[03:39] | I know I’m a little early. | 我知道时间还早 |
[03:41] | But I came to bring you… | 但我来给你 |
[03:44] | a graduation present. | 毕业礼物 |
[03:52] | This is a job offer. | 这是工作邀约 |
[03:53] | Not just any job offer. | 不是一般的邀约 |
[03:56] | An associate, | 做律师 |
[03:57] | at Rand Kaldor Zane. | 在兰德-考德-赞恩律所 |
[04:00] | I already have a job when I graduate. | 我毕业后已经有工作安排了 |
[04:02] | Rachel, we talked about this. | 瑞秋 我们说过了 |
[04:04] | When you graduate, | 等你毕业 |
[04:05] | you’re gonna have to stand before the bar | 你得在律师协会面前 |
[04:06] | and pass the character and fitness test. | 通过性格健康测试 |
[04:09] | And you think working at your firm | 你觉得去你的律所工作 |
[04:10] | looks better than looking at mine. | 比去我的律所工作更体面 |
[04:12] | Yes, I do. | 是的 |
[04:14] | Dad, I… | 爸爸 我 |
[04:16] | Rachel, I understood when you wanted to work there | 瑞秋 原本我能理解你想去那儿工作 |
[04:19] | when Jessica was still there. | 那时杰西卡还在 |
[04:21] | But now that she’s gone, | 但现在她走了 |
[04:23] | that firm is gonna turn upside down, | 那家律所会天翻地覆 |
[04:24] | and I don’t want you there when it does. | 我不希望你到时也被拉下水 |
[04:28] | Dad, you are my family, and I would do anything for you. | 爸爸 你是我的亲人 我愿为你做任何事 |
[04:32] | But Pearson Specter Litt is my work family, | 但皮尔森·斯佩克特·利特是我工作上的家庭 |
[04:34] | and they’ve always been there for me. | 他们一直支持着我 |
[04:36] | I’m not going to leave them when they need me the most. | 我不能在他们最需要我的时候离开他们 |
[04:38] | Just remember, | 记住 |
[04:40] | as long as I’m running my firm, | 只要我还在管理我的律所 |
[04:43] | the offer will always be there. | 这邀约就永远有效 |
[04:53] | Mike, what are you doing here? | 迈克 你来做什么 |
[04:55] | Can I come in? | 能进去吗 |
[04:56] | Of course. | 当然 |
[04:59] | You want a cup of coffee? | 来杯咖啡吗 |
[05:01] | Yeah, that’d be good. | 好啊 |
[05:05] | Look, I want to talk to you about your offer. | 我想跟你谈谈你的邀约 |
[05:07] | You thought about it. | 你考虑过了 |
[05:08] | – I did. – Good. | -是的 -很好 |
[05:10] | Don’t tell me you’re here to renegotiate the terms. | 你不是来重谈条件的吧 |
[05:12] | I’m not taking it. | 我不接受 |
[05:17] | – Mike– – Just listen to me. | -迈克 -听我说 |
[05:18] | When I was on trial, I said that | 我受审时 我说 |
[05:19] | I was given a gift and I threw it away. | 我被赋予了一种天赋 但我却浪费了它 |
[05:21] | Well, I wasn’t just trying to bullshit the jury. | 我并不是在唬陪审团 |
[05:24] | I meant that. | 我是真心的 |
[05:24] | And as easy as it would be for me to just come back | 尽管对我而言 回归律所 |
[05:26] | and pick up right where we left off, | 重拾一切 是最简单的路 |
[05:28] | I can’t look myself in the mirror | 但如果我就这样重返公司法领域 |
[05:29] | if all I’m doing is going back to corporate law. | 我会无法面对我自己 |
[05:32] | Why don’t you just come back for a month? | 你可以只回来干一个月 |
[05:34] | What are you talking about? | 什么意思 |
[05:34] | Well, it’s easier to find a job when you have one. | 骑驴找马比较容易 |
[05:36] | Come back, pad your résumé | 回来 修饰一下简历 |
[05:38] | while you look for something else– | 与此同时再找其他的… |
[05:39] | Come on, Harvey, if I come back for one month, | 拜托 哈维 假如我回去干一个月 |
[05:40] | it’ll be two months, | 然后就会变成两个月 |
[05:41] | then six months; the next thing I know, | 然后六个月 接下来 |
[05:43] | I won’t have helped a single person in ten years. | 十年之内我都帮不到任何人了 |
[05:44] | Not true. You’ll have helped me. | 不尽然 你可以帮到我 |
[05:46] | That’s not what I meant and you know it. | 我不是这个意思 你心里明白 |
[05:47] | I don’t care what you meant. | 我不在乎你是什么意思 |
[05:49] | Jessica left last night. I know you know that. | 杰西卡昨晚离开了 你肯定也知道了 |
[05:51] | I just need somebody I can trust | 我只是需要一个我信任的人 |
[05:53] | until we figure things out. | 帮我们把事情理清楚 |
[05:54] | – Harvey, I’m not doing this– – God damn it. | -哈维 我不能… -该死的 |
[05:55] | You stood in front of me once begging me to hire you, | 你曾经站在我面前 求着我雇你 |
[05:58] | and I did. | 而我雇了你 |
[05:59] | And now I’m asking you to do the same thing, | 如今我只是要你做同样的事情 |
[06:00] | and you’re telling me to go screw myself. | 你却让我滚 |
[06:01] | That’s not what I’m doing and you know it. | 我不是这个意思 你心里明白 |
[06:03] | Mike, I need this. | 迈克 我需要你 |
[06:05] | Look, I’m sorry, Harvey, I–I can’t. | 很抱歉 哈维 我做不到 |
[06:10] | I just can’t. | 我真的做不到 |
[06:48] | 杰西卡·皮尔逊 执行合伙人 | |
[06:50] | Harvey, where’ve you been? | 哈维 你跑哪去了 |
[06:51] | We need to talk. | 我们得谈谈 |
[06:52] | Louis, if you’re here to tell me | 路易 假如你是来告诉我 |
[06:53] | our bank account is empty and we’re on our knees, | 我们的银行账户空了 我们完蛋了 |
[06:55] | then I need to have this conversation some other time. | 那你最好换个时间再告诉我 |
[06:58] | Well, you’re in luck | 你很走运 |
[06:58] | because I’m here to tell you the opposite. | 因为我要告诉你的恰恰相反 |
[07:01] | What? | 什么 |
[07:01] | Been here since 6:00, going through the books. | 我早上六点就来了 查阅各种账目 |
[07:03] | You’re never gonna believe this, | 你一定不会相信的 |
[07:04] | but between not having to pay any of the partners, | 但在不需要给任何合伙人发工资 |
[07:06] | signing a few new clients, | 签下几个新客户 |
[07:07] | and subletting our space, | 然后转租一部分办公空间的情况下 |
[07:08] | we’re actually flush with cash. | 我们实际上有不少钱 |
[07:09] | – You kidding me? – Take a look. | -你在逗我吗 -自己看看 |
[07:14] | Finally, some good news. | 总算有点好消息了 |
[07:15] | Now, if it’s not too much to ask, | 现在 假如这个要求不过分的话 |
[07:16] | can we back to your office and work on a game plan? | 我们能不能回你办公室商量一下对策 |
[07:18] | No, Louis, it’s not too much to ask. | 不会 路易 这个要求不过分 |
[07:45] | Hey, uh, we don’t open for another 15 minutes, | 我们十五分钟后才开门 |
[07:47] | but if you got a delivery, I can take it. | 但如果你是来送快递的 交给我就行了 |
[07:49] | Oh, no, I appreciate that, | 不不 谢谢你 |
[07:51] | but I’m–I’m not here to deliver anything. | 但我不是来送快递的 |
[07:53] | I’m here for a job. | 我是来应聘的 |
[07:55] | Not a lot of lawyers show up to work on a bike. | 没有几个律师都会骑自行车来上班啊 |
[07:58] | Well, I’m not like a lot of lawyers. | 我猜我就是那几个吧 |
[08:01] | Tell you the truth, I’m not like any other lawyer. | 说实话 我和其他任何律师都不一样 |
[08:04] | I like you. | 我喜欢你 |
[08:05] | Was up to me, you’d be starting today, | 如果我说了算的话 你今天就可以来上班了 |
[08:06] | but what I can do is let you go in on there, | 但我能说了算的 是先放你进去 |
[08:08] | so you’ll be the first person they see when they get in. | 这样他们第一个看见的就是你了 |
[08:10] | Thanks. Hey, what’s your name? | 谢了 你叫什么名字 |
[08:12] | – Darryl. – Mike. | -达里尔 -迈克 |
[08:14] | Good luck in there, Mike. | 祝你好运 迈克 |
[08:19] | I think the first thing we should do | 我觉得我们要做的第一件事 |
[08:20] | is send a message that we’re back | 就是通过聘请一批新律师 |
[08:22] | by hiring a new class of associates. | 来放出我们东山再起的信号 |
[08:23] | Yeah, I love the idea of sending a message, | 没错 我喜欢放出信号这个主意 |
[08:25] | but I’m not ready to talk about hiring associates right now. | 但我还没准备好谈论聘请新律师的事 |
[08:28] | – Why not? – Because I’m not. | -为什么 -因为我还没准备好 |
[08:30] | In that case, maybe you’re ready to talk about a merger. | 既然这样 也许你准备好了谈谈并购 |
[08:33] | Robert, what are you doing here? | 罗伯特 你在这里干什么 |
[08:34] | Jessica didn’t tell you? | 杰西卡没和你说吗 |
[08:36] | Before she left, I offered her a lifeline, | 在她离开之前 我向她抛出了救生索 |
[08:38] | and now I’m gonna offer the same thing to you. | 而如今我要给你提供同样的邀约 |
[08:41] | We appreciate your offer, but… | 我们很感激你的邀约 但是… |
[08:43] | – But what? – But we don’t need your charity. | -但是什么 -但是我们不需要你的施舍 |
[08:45] | Yes, you do. | 不 你们需要 |
[08:46] | You were struggling before she left. | 在她离开之前 你们就举步艰难了 |
[08:48] | And at noon today, | 到了今天中午 |
[08:49] | the whole world is going to know | 全世界都会知道 |
[08:51] | that you suffered another blow. | 你们再次遭到了重击 |
[08:53] | The only thing the world’s gonna know | 全世界只会知道这一点 |
[08:54] | is, Jessica had such confidence in our abilities | 杰西卡对我们的能力很有信心 |
[08:57] | that she decided to move on to another phase of her career. | 所以她决定开启她职业的另一个阶段 |
[08:59] | I don’t care how you want to spin it. | 我不在乎你怎么绕圈子 |
[09:01] | Even if you manage to keep your clients, | 即便你们设法保住了客户 |
[09:03] | you’ve got a boulder headed your way, | 但有块巨石冲着你们来了 |
[09:04] | and you know it. | 你们心里也清楚 |
[09:05] | What are you talking about? | 你在说什么呢 |
[09:06] | Which one of you two is gonna take | 你俩谁来坐 |
[09:07] | Jessica’s seat at the table? | 杰西卡留下的位置呢 |
[09:09] | Because you can only avoid that question for so long, | 因为这个问题你们只能逃避到现在了 |
[09:11] | and my money says that the second I leave this room, | 而我的钱告诉我 一旦我离开这里 |
[09:13] | you two are gonna fight to the death. | 你俩就会斗个你死我活 |
[09:15] | And what’s left of this firm | 而这间律所留下的 |
[09:16] | is gonna be ripped apart. | 就只有四分五裂了 |
[09:19] | So…come see me | 所以 等现实降临 |
[09:21] | when that reality sets in. | 来找我吧 |
[09:29] | You were right. | 你说得对 |
[09:30] | We should hire a new class of associates. | 我们应该雇一批新律师 |
[09:32] | What, are you kidding me? | 你开玩笑吗 |
[09:33] | You’re gonna ignore that gauntlet he just threw down? | 你要就这么忽视他留下的战书吗 |
[09:35] | He wasn’t throwing down a gauntlet, Louis. | 他不是来下战书的 路易 |
[09:37] | He was trying to capitalize on an opportunity. | 他是来尝试抓住机会的 |
[09:39] | Bullshit. He challenged our leadership. | 胡说 他挑战了我们的领导能力 |
[09:41] | And if we don’t get it together right now, | 如果我们不能现在解决问题 |
[09:42] | he’s gonna tell the entire city | 他就会告诉全城 |
[09:44] | that we can’t even agree on who’s in charge. | 我们连谁说了算都决定不了 |
[09:45] | Louis, Jessica’s flight hasn’t even touched down yet. | 路易 杰西卡的航班还没落地 |
[09:48] | I’m not gonna get in a pissing contest with you | 我不会这时候跟你 |
[09:50] | – over who should run the firm. – I knew it. | -为谁说了算这种事起冲突 -我知道 |
[09:51] | You don’t think I should be the one in charge. | 你觉得不该我说了算 |
[09:53] | What I think is, you were here at 6:00 A.M. | 我认为的是 你早上六点就来了 |
[09:55] | looking at the books, figuring out a game plan | 查阅账目 想出了一个计划 |
[09:57] | that I wasn’t ready to implement, and now I am. | 之前我没准备好实施 现在我准备好了 |
[09:59] | So instead of picking a fight with me | 所以与其来找我 |
[10:01] | that I’m not in the mood to have, | 斗一场我没心情玩的斗争 |
[10:03] | why don’t you do what you said you were going to | 你不如去实施一下你刚才说的 |
[10:05] | and hire a new class of associates? | 雇一批新律师的计划呢 |
[10:17] | Hey. Oliver. | 我是奥利佛 |
[10:18] | Oh, uh, Mike. | 我叫迈克 |
[10:19] | Mike, sorry to keep you waiting. | 迈克 很抱歉让你久等了 |
[10:21] | What can I do for you? | 你有什么需要吗 |
[10:22] | – I’d like to apply for a job. – That’s great. | -我想申请工作 -很好 |
[10:24] | We are definitely short-handed right now. | 我们现在确实缺人 |
[10:26] | Are you a lawyer? | 你是律师吗 |
[10:27] | Not exactly. | 不算是 |
[10:29] | Okay? | 那是 |
[10:30] | I mean, no, I’m–I’m not. | 我是说 不是 我不是律师 |
[10:32] | That’s all right. We need help across the board. | 没关系 我们哪里都需要人 |
[10:35] | Do you have any legal experience? | 你有法务经验吗 |
[10:36] | A lot, actually. It’s a long story. | 有很多 说来话长 |
[10:39] | Well, I look forward to hearing it… | 我很期待听你的故事 |
[10:42] | – After you fill this out. – Great. | -但你得先填了这个 -好的 |
[10:45] | You want me to take it home or– | 你是要我带回家去… |
[10:46] | It’s only two pages. | 就两页纸 |
[10:47] | Why don’t you do it here, get it back to me? | 你就在这儿填吧 填完给我 |
[10:48] | I’m just right back there. | 我就坐在那里 |
[10:50] | There’s about a dozen miniature Deadpools on my desk. | 我桌上有将近一打死侍模型 |
[10:52] | Don’t judge. It’s a great movie, and you know it. | 别嘀咕 那电影很好 你也清楚 |
[10:54] | I do know it. Saw it three times. | 我知道 我看了三遍 |
[10:57] | You bullshitting me? | 你瞎说的吧 |
[10:58] | Of course I am. I want to work here. | 当然是瞎说 我想在这儿工作 |
[11:01] | Get it back to me. I’ll take care of you. | 填好来找我 我会关照你 |
[11:02] | – Thanks, Oliver. – Anytime, Mike. | -谢谢 奥利佛 -不客气 迈克 |
[11:07] | 安全与保密信息 你受过任何安保训练吗 你是否曾被说服从事犯罪 | |
[11:17] | You want to talk about it? | 你想谈谈吗 |
[11:20] | Talk about what? | 谈什么 |
[11:22] | You saw Mike this morning, didn’t you? | 你今早见到了迈克 对吗 |
[11:26] | How’d you know? | 你怎么知道的 |
[11:27] | Because instead of telling Louis | 因为你没有告诉路易 |
[11:29] | that you need to be managing partner | 你得做管理合伙人 |
[11:30] | because you know he can’t handle it, | 原因是你知道他搞不定 |
[11:32] | you avoided the conflict | 你避免了冲突 |
[11:33] | because you already had one this morning. | 因为你今早已经跟人吵过架了 |
[11:36] | He turned me down | 他拒绝了我 |
[11:36] | because he wants to do good in the world. | 因为他想去做好事 |
[11:38] | Good for him. | 他做得很好 |
[11:39] | No, Donna, not good for him. Jessica left. | 不 唐娜 他做得不好 杰西卡走了 |
[11:42] | I need him, and he’s hanging me out to dry. | 我需要他 而他却把我晾在一边了 |
[11:44] | He’s not hanging anyone out to dry. | 他没把谁晾在一边 |
[11:46] | And in case you forgot, he went to prison. | 我得提醒你 他进过监狱 |
[11:49] | So he’s probably trying to figure out a way to make up | 所以他可能是在想办法弥补 |
[11:50] | for what put him there in the first place. | 当初把他送进去的那件事 |
[11:52] | That’s my point, Donna. | 我也是这么想的 唐娜 |
[11:53] | He’s a convicted criminal. | 他被判过罪 |
[11:54] | I don’t care if he tries Mother Teresa. | 我不管他是去找了特莉莎修女还是谁 |
[11:56] | Any place he goes isn’t gonna give him the time of day, | 他去找的任何地方都不会给他机会 |
[11:58] | which means he’s not gonna be able to do good for anyone. | 那意味着他没法为任何人做任何好事 |
[12:00] | Then maybe instead of telling me | 那你与其在这里跟我说 |
[12:01] | why he’ll never be able to accomplish his dream, | 他为什么永远都实现不了梦想 |
[12:04] | you should be figuring out a way to help him do it. | 你应该想办法帮他实现梦想 |
[12:11] | What are you doing here, Gretchen? | 你在这里做什么 格雷琴 |
[12:13] | I heard you were looking for a new class of associates, | 我听说你在找一批新律师 |
[12:15] | so I went ahead and contacted every top law school in the country. | 我提前联系了全国顶尖的法学院 |
[12:19] | These are the résumés of the best 100 candidates. | 这是最棒的100名候选人的简历 |
[12:22] | – Throw ’em away. – What? | -都扔了 -什么 |
[12:24] | Louis, you’re not telling me you’re still going | 路易 别告诉我你还在想 |
[12:27] | with that Harvard-only bullshit, are you? | 惟哈佛论的屁话吧 |
[12:32] | I’m saying, instead of picking fresh fruit off the vine, | 我的意思是 比起招聘新手 |
[12:35] | I’m gonna steal some ripe bananas right out the grocery store. | 我要从别的地方挖墙脚 |
[12:38] | The question is, whose grocery store | 问题是你准备 |
[12:39] | are you planning on knocking over? | 挖谁家的墙角 |
[12:41] | It’s Robert Zane, and before you try to talk me out of it, | 罗伯特·赞恩的 就在你劝我之前 |
[12:43] | he just said that I’m not fit to lead right to my face. | 他刚刚当着我的面说不适合当领导 |
[12:49] | Then give me a gun and point me up a hill, | 那么给我把枪然后给我个目标 |
[12:51] | because if he’s coming after you, he’s coming at me. | 因为如果他针对你就等于针对我 |
[12:54] | And I got your back. | 我是站你这边的 |
[13:05] | You convinced Simms Chemical | 你说服了西姆斯化工 |
[13:06] | they had no proprietary right to your client’s patent? | 他们对你客户的专利没有所有权 |
[13:09] | Not only that. I got them to pay for half the research. | 不仅如此 我还让他们付了一半的研究经费 |
[13:12] | It’s good to see you, Louis. | 很高兴见到你 路易 |
[13:13] | It’s good to see you too, Katrina. | 我也是 卡特里娜 |
[13:14] | Listen, if you came here to make sure that I kept my word– | 如果你来是为了让我信守承诺的 |
[13:17] | Oh, Katrina, that was a long time ago. | 卡特里娜 那都是上辈子的事了 |
[13:19] | I’m here because I want you to come home. | 我来这里是想请你回家的 |
[13:21] | Back to the firm? | 回律所 |
[13:22] | Yes. | 没错 |
[13:23] | Back where you belong. | 回到属于你的地方 |
[13:25] | – Louis, I can’t do that. – Yes, you can. | -路易 我做不到 -不 你可以 |
[13:27] | And not only that, you can get the ten best associates | 不仅如此 你可以让罗伯特·赞恩的 |
[13:29] | from Robert Zane’s stable to come with you. | 十个最棒的律师跟你一起来 |
[13:31] | Louis… | 路易 |
[13:33] | assuming I agreed to do that, | 就算我同意了 |
[13:34] | what makes you think I could even convince | 你凭什么觉得我能说服 |
[13:36] | the ten worst associates to come with me? | 十个最差的律师跟我一起走呢 |
[13:38] | – This does. – What is this? | -这个可以 -这是什么 |
[13:39] | It’s the class list of Rand Kaldor Zane associates | 这是兰德-考德-赞恩律所 |
[13:41] | in the last 20 years. | 过去二十年的律师列表 |
[13:43] | Back then, six of ten made partner. | 那个时候 有六成律师成了合伙人 |
[13:45] | Ten years ago, it was down to three. | 十年前 变成了三成 |
[13:47] | – Class of ’09– – Don’t tell me. | -09年的列表 -不用说了 |
[13:49] | – Zero. – Look it up. | -一个都没有 -好好看看吧 |
[13:51] | None of you are ever going to make partner | 你们中没有一个人能升职成为合伙人 |
[13:52] | because there is no room at the top. | 因为上层的位置已经满了 |
[13:54] | And what’s in this for me? | 我能从中得到什么好处 |
[13:56] | You make this happen by the end of the week… | 如果你这周末前能做到 |
[13:59] | I’ll make sure that you are the youngest senior partner | 我保证你将成为我们有史以来 |
[14:01] | we have ever had. | 最年轻的资深合伙人 |
[14:12] | Michael. | 迈克尔 |
[14:16] | What are you-what are you doing here? | 你来这里干什么 |
[14:17] | It’s a long story, but I, uh– | 一言难尽 但我 |
[14:19] | I ended up getting out early. | 我最终提前出来了 |
[14:22] | I’m glad. | 我很高兴 |
[14:24] | Uh, what’s on your mind? | 你有什么心事 |
[14:28] | Been out job-hunting all day. | 我找了一天的工作了 |
[14:32] | Nice. | 不错 |
[14:32] | What kind of work? | 什么工作 |
[14:34] | Uh, legal clinics. | 法律服务 |
[14:36] | I want to find a way to give back. | 我想找个工作重回正轨 |
[14:37] | Well, you didn’t come here just to tell me that. | 你来这里不是为了跟我说这个的 |
[14:40] | I came to tell you that every application I filled out today | 我来是想告诉你 我今天填的每张申请表 |
[14:42] | asked if I was a convicted felon. | 都问我是否犯过重罪 |
[14:45] | Michael, please tell me | 迈克尔 拜托 |
[14:46] | that you’re not thinking about lying again. | 你不会又想撒谎了吧 |
[14:48] | No, I’m not. I just don’t know what to do. | 不 我没有 我只是有些不知所措 |
[14:50] | I know that none of these places are gonna hire me | 我知道如果他们看到我在这项上打钩了 |
[14:52] | after seeing I checked that box. | 这些地方 都不会雇我 |
[14:54] | You don’t know that, Michael. It’s the first day. | 你怎么知道 迈克 这才第一天 |
[14:56] | I know I saw 30 different looks on 30 different faces, | 因为我看到三十张不同的脸 不同的表情 |
[14:59] | and they all said the same thing. | 但他们表达的都一样 |
[15:00] | Well, what if I told you I know a place | 好吧 如果我告诉你我知道一个地方 |
[15:01] | where they won’t give you that look? | 他们不会给你这种表情呢 |
[15:04] | You offering me a teaching job? | 你是在给我提供一份教书的工作吗 |
[15:05] | Yeah. I am. | 没错 |
[15:09] | I mean, a legal clinic isn’t the only way to give back. | 法律服务不是重回正轨的唯一途径 |
[15:12] | Father, I’m not sure if you heard me. | 神父 我不确定你是否听到我说 |
[15:14] | I’m a convicted felon. | 我是被判了重罪的人 |
[15:16] | Michael, you-you came from here. | 迈克 你是从这里走出去的 |
[15:20] | And if we can’t offer redemption to one of our own, then… | 如果连自己人都不给他赎罪的机会 |
[15:24] | what kind of church are we? | 那我们算什么教堂呢 |
[15:26] | I don’t know, Father, I… | 我不知道 神父 我 |
[15:28] | Father Conroy’s going on vacation for two weeks. | 神父康罗伊要去度假两周 |
[15:31] | Just take his classes. See what it’s like. | 替他上课就行 看看感觉如何 |
[15:34] | The worst thing is, | 最差不过是 |
[15:34] | you’ll realize that this isn’t right for you. | 发现这个工作不适合你 |
[15:46] | Dean Herrick? | 赫里克院长 |
[15:48] | Is this a good time? | 您现在方便吗 |
[15:51] | Of course. | 当然 |
[15:52] | Have a seat, Rachel. | 坐吧 瑞秋 |
[15:55] | What’s on your mind? | 你有什么事 |
[16:00] | I wanted to know what you think my chances are | 我想知道对于我通过 |
[16:02] | of passing the character and fitness portion of the bar. | 品行考核你当时是怎么想的 |
[16:09] | Why are you coming to me with this? | 为什么要问我这些 |
[16:11] | Because you questioned my integrity once before, | 因为你曾对我的诚实提出质疑 |
[16:13] | and I–I want to know, did you mean it, | 我想知道 你当时是认真的 |
[16:15] | or were you just helping Anita Gibbs? | 还是为帮安妮塔·吉布斯一个忙而已 |
[16:18] | You want the truth? | 你想听真话吗 |
[16:19] | It’s why I’m here. | 我来就是为了这个 |
[16:21] | Then my answer is, if I were on the ethics committee, | 我的回答是 如果当时我在道德委员会 |
[16:23] | I don’t know whether I’d pass you or not, | 我也不知该如何抉择 |
[16:25] | because the fact is, | 因为事实上 |
[16:26] | you’re engaged to a man who pretended to be a lawyer. | 你和一个冒牌律师订了婚 |
[16:30] | And I find it hard to believe | 我很难相信 |
[16:32] | that you didn’t know about it the whole time. | 自始至终你对此事毫不知情 |
[16:34] | And since then, he’s paid his dues. | 从那之后 他进了监狱 |
[16:39] | And what about you? | 那你呢 |
[16:40] | What about me? | 我怎么了 |
[16:42] | Do you think the committee | 你认为仅仅因为他进了监狱 |
[16:42] | would have me break up with the man that I love | 委员会就该要求我 |
[16:44] | just because he went to prison? | 和他分手吗 |
[16:47] | What does that say about character and fitness? | 这和品行考核又有什么关系 |
[16:50] | You make a good point. | 你说得很对 |
[16:52] | And if I were you, | 如果我是你的话 |
[16:53] | I’d be prepared with some others, | 我就开始着手其他事了 |
[16:55] | ’cause I’d say one day soon, | 因为过不了多久 |
[16:57] | you’re gonna have to make your case. | 你就有自己的案子要办了 |
[16:59] | And do you think I have a better chance of making my case | 你觉得如果我给我爸打工 |
[17:02] | if I work for my father | 而不是在皮尔逊-斯佩克特-利特律所工作 |
[17:05] | instead of at Pearson Specter Litt? | 会有更好的工作机会吗 |
[17:07] | Yes, I do. | 没错 |
[17:15] | You look like that famous Professor Henry Gerard, | 你和大名鼎鼎的亨利·吉拉德教授长得好像 |
[17:17] | but there’s no way that guy’s still teaching at his age. | 但以他的高龄不可能还在教书啊 |
[17:20] | I don’t think you could ever call | 我可不认为那小丑的行为 |
[17:21] | what that clown did “Teaching.” | 能称得上是教书 |
[17:23] | He had his moments. | 他也曾经辉煌过 |
[17:25] | Good to see you, Harvey. | 很高兴见到你 哈维 |
[17:27] | I’d ask you to join me for dinner, | 我想邀你一起吃饭 |
[17:28] | but I’m pretty sure | 但我很清楚 |
[17:30] | that that’s not what you came here for. | 这不是你来的原因 |
[17:32] | Mike Ross got out of prison. | 迈克·罗斯出狱了 |
[17:35] | As far as I’m concerned, | 据我所知 |
[17:36] | there’s no reason he shouldn’t be able to practice law again. | 没理由他不能再做律师了 |
[17:38] | I don’t disagree, but technically, | 是没有 但严格意义上来说 |
[17:41] | he didn’t practice it in the first place. | 他一开始就不是真的律师 |
[17:42] | Well, that’s exactly why I’m here. | 这就是我来这的原因 |
[17:44] | If Mike’s gonna have a chance | 如果迈克有机会 |
[17:45] | to pass the character portion of the bar, | 考律师品格考核的话 |
[17:48] | he’s gonna need someone like you to testify on his behalf. | 他需要一个像你这样的人来作证 |
[17:50] | Someone like me? Or me? | 像我这样的人 还是说就是我 |
[17:52] | I didn’t fly all the way up here | 我大老远来这可不是为了找一个 |
[17:54] | for someone like you. | 像你这样的人 |
[17:56] | Harvey, I’d love to help, | 哈维 我想帮你 |
[17:58] | but you know as well as I do, | 但你也知道 |
[17:59] | I’m not the one you should be coming to. | 我不是你应该要找的那个人 |
[18:01] | You’re exactly who I should be coming to. | 你就是我要找的那个人 |
[18:03] | It’s the New York bar. | 这可是纽约的律所 |
[18:05] | I’m a Massachusetts professor. | 我只是马萨诸塞的一名教授 |
[18:07] | Henry, please. | 亨利 帮帮忙 |
[18:08] | Harvey, even if I did what you’re asking, | 哈维 即使我照你的话做了 |
[18:12] | I’m not the one that’s going to make the difference. | 我也改变不了什么 |
[18:17] | Then who is? | 那谁才可以 |
[18:18] | You know who is. | 你知道是谁 |
[18:21] | You’re just afraid to go and see them. | 你只是不敢去见他们 |
[18:35] | Hey, what’s going on? | 你好啊 怎么了 |
[18:37] | What do you think? | 你觉得该选哪个 |
[18:38] | Blue or this maroon one? | 蓝色还是茶色 |
[18:41] | You got a job in one day? | 才一天你就找到工作了 |
[18:45] | I wouldn’t be trying on ties if I didn’t. | 不是的话我也不会在试领带了 |
[18:47] | Mike, that’s amazing. | 迈克 这太棒了 |
[18:49] | I knew people would see the real you. | 我知道人们会看到一个真实的你 |
[18:53] | Wait, don’t tell me– | 等等 让我猜一下 |
[18:54] | the clinic in Morningside Heights. | 晨边高地的一间诊所 |
[18:56] | Actually, uh, the church… in Queens. | 事实上 是教堂 在皇后区 |
[19:00] | What? | 什么 |
[19:02] | Father Walker offered me a teaching position at Saint Andrews, | 沃克神父在圣安德鲁斯给我找了个教学职务 |
[19:05] | and I… said yes. | 我 接受了 |
[19:08] | So you’re gonna be a teacher? | 所以你要成为一名老师了吗 |
[19:10] | Why? | 怎么了 |
[19:13] | You think it’s a bad idea. | 你觉得这不好吗 |
[19:14] | No, no. I just, I– | 不 不 我只是 |
[19:17] | I thought that you wanted to stay connected to the law. | 我以为你想找法律相关的工作 |
[19:20] | I do, but none of those places are ever gonna call me back. | 我是想 但是没人会招我 |
[19:23] | You don’t know that because it’s only been one day. | 才一天的时间你怎么能确定 |
[19:25] | Rachel, it’s time for me to accept the truth. | 瑞秋 我是时候接受现实了 |
[19:28] | I am a convicted felon. | 我被判为重罪犯 |
[19:31] | I am never gonna be able to practice law again. | 我再也无法做律师了 |
[19:34] | At least this way, I’ll be able to do some good. | 至少这样 我还能做点好事 |
[19:40] | Then I’m glad, | 我很高兴 |
[19:42] | because you are going to make a great teacher. | 因为你会成为一个出色的教师 |
[19:57] | Hey, everyone. | 大家 |
[20:00] | Morning. | 早上好 |
[20:02] | As most of you are aware, | 你们大部分人都知道了 |
[20:03] | Father Conroy is on a well-deserved vacation. | 康罗伊神父正在享受他应得的假期 |
[20:07] | I should know; | 这点我最清楚 |
[20:07] | I don’t think he’s had one | 我在这里遇见他之后的15年以来 |
[20:08] | since I had him here 15 years ago. | 他就没有度过假 |
[20:15] | I get it. I wouldn’t be impressed by me either. | 好吧 我也觉得自己魅力不够 |
[20:18] | I don’t know if you guys like movies, | 我不知道你们是否喜欢看电影 |
[20:20] | but, uh, every movie I’ve ever seen starts with | 但是我看过的那些电影里 |
[20:22] | the sub writing his name on the board, | 代课老师一开始在黑板上写下他的名字 |
[20:23] | and the kids can throw something at him. | 底下的学生总会朝他扔东西 |
[20:25] | So let me get that part out of the way right now. | 那我现在就从这个部分开始吧 |
[20:29] | I have a short name, so I’ll take my time. | 我的名字很短 所以我可以慢慢来 |
[20:32] | Mr. Ross. | 罗斯先生 |
[20:35] | But you guys can call me Mike. | 但是你们可以叫我迈克 |
[20:40] | Okay, what’d you guys come up with? | 你们都想到了什么 |
[20:51] | Who did this? | 谁干的 |
[20:53] | Team effort. | 团伙作案 |
[20:55] | Think this is funny? | 这很好玩吗 |
[20:57] | I sure do. How about you, Chris? | 我认为有趣极了 克里斯 你呢 |
[20:59] | Cracks me up that | 想到我们的老师上周还在坐牢 |
[21:01] | our teacher was in prison last week. | 就快把我笑死了 |
[21:05] | All right, well, now that we’ve all had our fun, | 好吧 既然大家都已经娱乐了一番 |
[21:07] | why don’t we open up our textbooks? | 不如现在都把课本打开吧 |
[21:08] | Chapter seven, Battle of Appomattox. | 第七章 阿波马托克斯战役 |
[21:11] | We did that yesterday. | 我们昨天学过了 |
[21:12] | No, you didn’t. | 你们没有 |
[21:15] | Father Walker gave me your syllabus. | 沃克神父给过我你们的课程进度表 |
[21:17] | This is what we’re covering today. Come on. | 这是我们今天要学习的内容 快 |
[21:19] | Yeah, well, we all forgot our books. | 好吧 我们都忘记带课本了 |
[21:22] | Well, then I guess we have no choice | 看来我现在别无选择 |
[21:24] | but for you to read from mine. | 只能让你看我的书了 |
[21:32] | I just have one question before I read. | 看书前我还有个问题 |
[21:37] | You ever drop the soap in the shower? | 你洗澡的时候掉过肥皂吗 |
[21:49] | Donna, do you mind calling Dr. Lipschitz for me? | 唐娜 能帮我打电话给利普希茨医生吗 |
[21:51] | Gretchen’s at her grandson’s play. | 格蕾琴在参加她孙子的活动 |
[21:52] | I know where Gretchen is, Louis. | 路易 我知道格蕾琴在哪里 |
[21:53] | I’ve been answering her phone all morning. | 我一上午都在跟她通话 |
[21:55] | Now, would you like to tell me why a “Katroina Bonnet” | 现在你能告诉我为什么 |
[21:58] | just called to say Operation Fly The Coop | 卡特里娜·班尼特的逃跑行动 |
[22:00] | was a resounding success? | 能够大获成功吗 |
[22:02] | Sounds like the wrong number. | 听起来确实不太可信 |
[22:03] | It sounds like you just got Katrina Bennett’s help | 听起来像你在卡特里娜·班尼特的帮助下 |
[22:05] | poaching half Robert Zane’s associates. | 挖走了罗伯特·赞恩一半的助理律师 |
[22:11] | How could you possibly guess that? | 你怎么猜到的 |
[22:12] | Gretchen’s grandson could have guessed that. | 格蕾琴的孙子本来可以想到这一点 |
[22:15] | Louis, Robert Zane is a bear, | 路易 罗伯特·赞恩是只熊 |
[22:16] | and you just poked him. | 并且你激怒了他 |
[22:17] | I didn’t poke him; he poked me | 我没有惹他 是他来惹我 |
[22:18] | when he came all the way down here | 他大老远来到这里 |
[22:20] | to question my ability to be managing partner. | 质疑我作为经营合伙人的能力 |
[22:21] | No, he came all the way down here | 不 他大老远来到这里 |
[22:22] | because he’s trying to help us. | 是因为想帮助我们 |
[22:24] | And if you’re trying to prove something to him, | 不管你想向他证明什么 |
[22:25] | – it’s not gonna work. – Oh, it is gonna work. | -都不会奏效的 -不 会有用的 |
[22:27] | And for your information, I’m just getting started. | 告诉你吧 我才刚刚开始 |
[22:29] | What’s that supposed to mean? | 这是什么意思 |
[22:30] | It means that Gretchen’s still out, | 也就是说格蕾琴还没回来 |
[22:31] | and I need you to set up a meeting with Jeremy Cohen. | 我需要你帮我安排和杰瑞米·科恩会面 |
[22:36] | Louis, that’s Zane’s biggest client. | 路易 他是赞恩最大的客户 |
[22:38] | I know he goddamn is. | 我当然知道他是谁 |
[22:39] | He’s about to be my biggest client. | 他将会成为我最大的客户 |
[22:40] | I don’t believe this. | 我不这么认为 |
[22:42] | You’re trying to tell the world | 你想告诉全世界 |
[22:42] | that you should be managing partner, | 你应该成为经营合伙人 |
[22:44] | and the first thing you do is | 你做的第一件事却是 |
[22:45] | burn every bridge in sight? | 烧掉你能看到的每一座桥 |
[22:46] | I don’t care if I burn every bridge ever built. | 我不在乎是否烧掉了曾经修建的每一座桥 |
[22:48] | I am not letting Robert Zane come in here | 我不会让罗伯特·赞恩到这里来 |
[22:50] | and push me around the day after Jessica leaves. | 在杰西卡离开后就立马对我随意摆布 |
[22:52] | So get Jeremy Cohen on the goddamn phone, Donna, | 所以唐娜 赶快给杰瑞米·科恩打电话 |
[22:55] | or I’m not gonna forget you didn’t. | 否则我绝对会记住你的 |
[22:56] | Then don’t forget it, Louis. | 路易 那就千万别忘了 |
[22:59] | Because when this comes back to bite you in the ass, | 因为当你被反咬一口的时候 |
[23:01] | I want you to remember that I tried to stop you | 我希望你记住我曾经试图阻止你这么干 |
[23:03] | and you didn’t listen. | 但你不听我的 |
[23:16] | What are you doing here, Harvey? | 哈维 你在这里做什么 |
[23:18] | I’m here for a fresh start. | 我来这里想要重新开始 |
[23:19] | I assume by “Fresh start,” | 重新开始 我想你的意思是 |
[23:21] | you mean you want me to do something to help Mike Ross now | 你希望我现在能够帮助迈克·罗斯 |
[23:23] | that he’s out in the world. | 他被世界抛弃了 |
[23:24] | Anita, you heard his speech to that jury. | 安妮塔 你也听到了他对陪审团的陈词 |
[23:26] | He was given a gift and he threw it away. | 那是他的天分 他却毅然放弃了 |
[23:28] | And the reason it was so effective is ’cause he meant it. | 而他的陈词之所以动人是因为那是真的 |
[23:31] | Get to the point, Harvey. | 别绕圈子了 哈维 |
[23:33] | If Mike puts himself in front | 如果迈克来到 |
[23:34] | of the character and fitness committee, | 律师品格委员会面前 |
[23:35] | will you stand up there with him? | 你能为他说话吗 |
[23:38] | I don’t believe this. | 真是难以置信 |
[23:40] | He’s not been in there three months, | 他在监狱还没待够三个月 |
[23:42] | and you want me to help him con more people? | 你现在居然要求我帮他骗更多人 |
[23:45] | He’s not trying to con people; he’s trying to help people. | 他不是想骗人 他是想帮别人 |
[23:47] | Then let him go work in a soup kitchen. | 那就让他去餐厅打工 |
[23:53] | Look, you proved your point. | 你证明了你的观点 |
[23:55] | The whole world knows he’s a fraud, | 全世界都知道他是骗子了 |
[23:57] | and he may not have served his entire sentence, | 而且他也许是没有服满刑期 |
[24:00] | but he deserves a chance to lead a life now that he’s out. | 但他出来了就有权得到重新生活的权利 |
[24:03] | So why don’t you go back to the same person | 那你为什么不去找那个 |
[24:05] | that got him out in the first place? | 把他弄出来的人呢 |
[24:06] | What? | 什么 |
[24:08] | Don’t act like you don’t know what I’m talking about. | 别一副你听不懂的样子 |
[24:11] | Sean Cahill has as much sway over that committee as I do, | 肖恩·卡荷尔跟我在委员会面前分量一样重 |
[24:14] | and he owes Mike; I don’t. | 而他欠迈克的人情 我不欠 |
[24:16] | So why aren’t you going to him? | 你为什么不去找他帮忙 |
[24:18] | Because a word from the woman who put him away | 因为把他送进监狱的女人说的话 |
[24:21] | is worth a thousand from the guy who got him out. | 比把他弄出监狱的男人的话有用一千倍 |
[24:23] | Nice try, but you two did something to get that kid out, | 说得好听 但你们俩为救那孩子 |
[24:25] | and you don’t want to shine a light on that | 做了什么见不得人的事 |
[24:27] | by appearing together in public. | 还不愿意招惹公众注意 |
[24:29] | – That’s not true. – No? | -不是这样的 -是吗 |
[24:31] | Well, let’s get Cahill on the phone right now | 那我们现在就给卡荷尔打电话 |
[24:33] | and see if his lies match your lies. | 看看你们的谎言对不对得上 |
[24:37] | I didn’t think so. | 就知道 |
[24:40] | You’re the same man you were when Mike went in. | 你还是迈克入狱时的你一点没变 |
[24:43] | And the fact that he made a crooked deal to get himself out | 而他为了出狱做了肮脏的交易 |
[24:45] | lets me know that he is too. | 让我知道他也没变 |
[24:48] | Anita. | 安妮塔 |
[24:50] | Sell it somewhere else, Harvey. | 去骗别人吧 哈维 |
[24:52] | Because I’m done. | 我不会信的 |
[24:58] | Now I know why school ends at 3:00. | 现在我知道学校为什么3点放学了 |
[25:00] | Why’s that? | 为什么 |
[25:01] | ‘Cause if it went till 6:00, | 因为如果上到6点 |
[25:03] | no teacher would ever come back again. | 老师真的会死的 |
[25:05] | I take it you had a rough first day. | 看来第一天不顺利啊 |
[25:08] | You never told me you were gonna put me in a class | 你怎么没告诉我你要我带的是 |
[25:09] | full of juvenile delinquents. | 一班少年犯 |
[25:12] | Would you have taken my offer if I had? | 告诉你了你还会接受吗 |
[25:15] | I don’t know. | 不知道 |
[25:18] | Michael, you said you wanted to help people. | 迈克 你说你想帮助别人 |
[25:19] | These kids need your help. | 这些孩子就需要你的帮助 |
[25:20] | I wanted to help people as a lawyer, | 我想作为律师帮助别人 |
[25:21] | not as a teacher. | 不想做老师 |
[25:23] | What’s the difference? | 有什么区别 |
[25:24] | Difference is, clients actually want my help. | 区别在于 委托人真的想让我帮他们 |
[25:26] | Michael, these kids need it. | 迈克 这些孩子是需要你 |
[25:29] | They just don’t know it. | 只是他们自己还不知道 |
[25:30] | I don’t know, Father. This is… | 我还是不确定 神父 这 |
[25:32] | Michael, if I just needed someone to grade papers | 迈克 如果我只是需要个有学历 |
[25:35] | and take attendance, | 能点名签到的人 |
[25:37] | I could’ve got a trained monkey to do that. | 训练只猴子都能用 |
[25:39] | I wanted you because I thought you, of all people, | 我想要你来 是因为我认为 |
[25:42] | could get through to them. | 你最可能打动他们 |
[25:42] | Yeah, how am I supposed to do that in two weeks? | 就两周时间我怎么可能做到 |
[25:45] | If it takes more than two weeks, | 如果两周不够 |
[25:47] | so be it. | 就多用点时间 |
[25:52] | Father Conroy’s not on vacation, is he? | 康罗伊神父不是度假去了吧 |
[25:57] | No, Michael, he’s not. | 不 迈克尔 确实不是 |
[25:59] | He’s got cancer. | 他得了癌症 |
[26:01] | He’s probably never coming back. | 也许再也不会回来了 |
[26:03] | And when exactly were you planning on letting them in on that? | 你到底打算什么时候告诉他们 |
[26:06] | ‘Cause you’re not doing them any favors by keeping it from them. | 你瞒着他们对他们可没好处 |
[26:09] | You’re right. I’m not. | 没错 我也没打算瞒 |
[26:11] | I was gonna tell them this week, but then you showed up. | 本来打算这周告诉他们 结果你出现了 |
[26:14] | I know you don’t think things happen for a reason, Michael, | 我知道你不相信命定之说 迈克尔 |
[26:17] | but I do. | 但我信 |
[26:18] | I thought maybe the reason you came to see me when you did | 我想也许你当时来见了我 |
[26:21] | is because teaching’s your real calling. | 是因为教师是你的命运 |
[26:25] | I’ll understand if you don’t want to come back tomorrow. | 如果你明天不愿意再来我会理解的 |
[26:29] | Just let me know. | 告诉我一声就行 |
[26:31] | I’ll take the class myself. | 他们的课我就自己来 |
[26:42] | All right, everyone take your seats. | 好了 所有人回座位 |
[26:46] | Could you put the ball away? | 你能把球收起来吗 |
[26:48] | Cell phones too. | 还有手机 |
[26:52] | I’m not gonna say it again. | 我不说第二遍 |
[26:59] | Sit the hell down! | 都给我坐下 |
[27:11] | I was gonna come in here and talk about what happened yesterday. | 我今天来本来是想谈谈昨天发生的事 |
[27:16] | I figured if you guys had the balls | 我觉得你们都有胆量 |
[27:17] | to put that picture on my desk, | 把那幅画放在我桌上 |
[27:18] | then you’re probably old enough | 那你们也应该不小 |
[27:19] | to hear about what prison was like, | 可以听听监狱是什么样 |
[27:22] | what I did to get there, | 听听我是犯了什么事 |
[27:25] | how I thought about being killed every single day. | 每天是怎样深怕自己被人杀掉的事了 |
[27:32] | I don’t want to talk about me. | 我现在不想聊我的事情了 |
[27:34] | I’m — I’m nobody to you. | 对你们来说我谁也不是 |
[27:37] | Father Conroy’s dying. | 康罗伊神父快死了 |
[27:41] | What? | 什么 |
[27:42] | That’s right. | 没错 |
[27:45] | He’s got cancer. | 他得了癌症 |
[27:47] | He’s probably not gonna make it. | 他大概挺不过这个坎了 |
[27:49] | That’s the reason that I’m here and he’s not. | 这就是为什么是我站在这里而不是他 |
[27:52] | So we can get to work… | 所以我们要么开始上课 |
[27:55] | or we can spend the morning sharing our memories of a man | 也可以花上一早上时间分享一下 |
[27:57] | who spent the last 40 years giving his life to kids | 对一个奉献了四十年生命给像你我这样的 |
[27:59] | like you and me. | 孩子的人的回忆 |
[28:11] | Third grade. | 三年级的时候 |
[28:13] | Camping trip to Lake Kanawauke. | 去卡纳瓦奇湖的那次野营 |
[28:17] | Fishing with a stick. | 用根光秃秃的木棍钓鱼 |
[28:21] | He’s still fishing with a stick? | 他还在用木棍钓鱼啊 |
[28:24] | Still coming up empty. | 也依旧一无所获 |
[28:27] | He taught me how to swim on that trip. | 那趟旅行他教会了我游泳 |
[28:30] | Yeah, me too. | 是的 我也是 |
[28:46] | I don’t mean to interrupt you, | 我并不想打扰你 |
[28:47] | but I’m pretty sure you didn’t mean to leave this | 但我相当确定你并不是故意把这个 |
[28:49] | in the McKenzie file. | 留在麦肯基的文件里的 |
[28:53] | Oh, my God. | 天呐 |
[28:55] | Gretchen, I’m sorry to put you in this position, | 格蕾琴 抱歉把你置于这个尴尬的境地 |
[28:57] | but I have to ask you to please don’t tell anyone. | 但我必须得求你别告诉任何人 |
[29:00] | You don’t have to ask me anything. | 你不用求我任何事 |
[29:01] | What you do is your business. | 你做了什么是你自己的事 |
[29:03] | You don’t understand. It’s not what you think. | 你不明白 不是你想的那样 |
[29:05] | Doesn’t matter what I think. | 我怎么想无关紧要 |
[29:06] | You got to take care of yourself. | 你得给自己留后路 |
[29:08] | If my father offered me a job | 如果我父亲给我提供了一份 |
[29:09] | in a firm with my name on it, | 有我名字位列其中的律所的工作 |
[29:11] | well, I’d be leaving things in files by mistake too. | 我也会不小心把东西忘在文件里的 |
[29:16] | Gretchen? | 格蕾琴 |
[29:19] | If this was just about that, | 如果只是因为那样 |
[29:21] | then I–I wouldn’t be thinking twice. | 那我压根都不会考虑 |
[29:23] | I would just tell him no. | 我会直接拒绝他 |
[29:24] | Then if you don’t mind my asking, | 那么如果你不介意我问你的话 |
[29:27] | what is it about? | 到底怎么回事 |
[29:29] | My father thinks I have a better chance | 我父亲认为我如果不在雇佣了 |
[29:30] | of getting past the bar | 迈克的律所工作 |
[29:31] | if I’m not still working at the firm that hired Mike. | 我通过律师资格考试的胜算就会大一点 |
[29:34] | But you’re loyal to the people here, | 但你忠于这里的人 |
[29:36] | and you don’t want to leave them. | 而且你不想离开他们 |
[29:38] | Yes, but if it means that I can’t… | 是的 但如果这意味着我无法 |
[29:42] | be a lawyer at all, I… | 最终成为律师 那我 |
[29:43] | I can’t help you with that part of the equation. | 这个抉择的这部分我没法帮你 |
[29:46] | But if Tweedledee and Tweedledum | 但如果阿呆和阿瓜 |
[29:50] | don’t get it together, | 不能好好磨合 |
[29:51] | you may not have to make that decision at all. | 你可能都不需要做那个艰难的抉择了 |
[30:05] | Katroina Bonnet, as I live and breathe. | 卡特尼娅·邦尼特 真没想到 |
[30:07] | Pouis Pitt. I do declare. | 普易·皮特 我得说我也是 |
[30:09] | No, um, you see, | 不 你看 |
[30:11] | Katrina, you need to work on your code name for me, | 卡特里娜 你得好好想想我的代号 |
[30:13] | ’cause it’s way too obvious. | 因为刚你说的那个实在太明显了 |
[30:14] | You’re right, Louis. | 你说的没错 路易 |
[30:15] | “Katroina Bonnet” is the gold standard in spycraft. | “卡特尼娅·邦尼特”是间谍法则的典范 |
[30:18] | Precisely. Now get your game face on | 完全正确 那么现在快进入角色 |
[30:20] | because I just set up our first meeting for tomorrow. | 因为我刚约好了明天我们的首次会面 |
[30:22] | I was born with my game face on. | 我天生就进入角色了 |
[30:24] | – Who are we going after? – J.C. Analytics. | -我们要拉谁 -杰瑞米·科恩交易团 |
[30:26] | What? That’s Zane’s biggest client. | 什么 那是赞恩最大的客户 |
[30:29] | Yeah, that’s exactly why we’re going after him. | 是 而这也正是我们要拉他的原因 |
[30:31] | Listen to me. | 听我说 |
[30:32] | Whatever time you set up that meeting, | 不管你是什么时候安排的明天的见面 |
[30:34] | I guarantee you, | 我向你保证 |
[30:34] | Jeremy Cohen called Robert two minutes later, | 杰瑞米·科恩两分钟后就给罗伯特打了电话 |
[30:37] | which means we need to figure out a way to make amends. | 也就意味着我们得赶紧想办法弥补 |
[30:39] | No, I don’t need to make amends. | 不 我不需要做出弥补 |
[30:41] | I need to make a statement, and that statement is, | 我需要的是传达一个信息 那就是 |
[30:43] | “Do not mess with the new managing partner of | “别惹皮尔逊-斯佩克特-利特律所的” |
[30:45] | Pearson Specter Litt.” | “新管理合伙人” |
[30:47] | Louis, that is the wrong statement to make. | 路易 你要发的是个错误的讯息 |
[30:49] | And if you insist on making it, I won’t come work for you. | 如果你坚持如此 我就不来为你工作了 |
[30:52] | God damn it, Katrina, I thought you were a killer. | 该死的 卡特里娜 我以为你心够狠 |
[30:53] | I am, but I’m not gonna take a shot at the man | 没错 但我不打算直接攻击一个 |
[30:55] | who’s doing both of us a favor. | 正在帮助我们二人的人 |
[30:57] | What? | 什么 |
[30:59] | Louis, we have noncompetes. | 路易 我们签了竞业限制协议的 |
[31:03] | And I was working on a way to get around them | 我本来正在想办法在赞恩知道了 |
[31:05] | when Zane caught wind of what we were doing, | 我们正做的事时绕过限制条款 |
[31:07] | and he not only waived them, | 可他不仅仅解除了非竞争条款 |
[31:08] | he wished us luck. | 还祝我们好运 |
[31:14] | Oh, my God. | 天啊 |
[31:15] | He really was trying to help us, and I couldn’t see it. | 他真的想帮我们 我却没看出来 |
[31:18] | Does that mean you’re not gonna go after his client? | 那是不是意味着你不去挖他的客户了 |
[31:21] | It means a whole lot more than that, Katrina. | 不仅如此 卡特里娜 |
[31:24] | It means I’m not ready to be managing partner. | 这意味着我还没有准备好当执行合伙人 |
[31:30] | You wanted to see me, Father? | 你要见我 神父 |
[31:32] | Yeah, uh, sit down, Michael. | 是的 坐下吧 迈克尔 |
[31:35] | Look, if this is about what happened in class today, | 如果是为了今天课堂上发生的事 |
[31:37] | I know it wasn’t my news to share, | 我知道不应该由我来告诉他们这个消息 |
[31:40] | but if I’m gonna get through to them, | 但是如果我想打动他们 |
[31:42] | I have to be honest with them. | 我必须和他们坦诚相待 |
[31:43] | It’s not about that. It’s… | 不是这件事 是… |
[31:45] | One of the students told his parents that you were in prison. | 有个学生告诉了他父母你进过监狱 |
[31:50] | Parents called the archdiocese to see if it was true, and then– | 他父母打电话给大主教区查证 然后 |
[31:53] | Don’t say it. | 不用说了 |
[31:57] | I’m sorry, Michael. | 很抱歉 迈克尔 |
[31:59] | I tried to explain the situation to them, | 我试着向他们解释 |
[32:01] | but they– they wouldn’t budge. | 但是他们 他们不肯让步 |
[32:08] | You have nothing to feel bad about, Father. | 你不用抱歉 神父 |
[32:12] | You took a chance. | 你为我冒了险 |
[32:15] | Someone else will too. | 还会有人这么做的 |
[32:20] | See you around, Father. | 回头见 神父 |
[32:22] | Take care of yourself, Michael. | 照顾好自己 迈克尔 |
[32:27] | I know it’s only been a couple of days, but, uh, | 我知道这才刚刚几天时间 但是 |
[32:30] | will you say good-bye to the kids for me? | 你可以替我和孩子们道别吗 |
[32:34] | Of course I will. | 当然可以 |
[32:44] | Robert. | 罗伯特 |
[32:47] | Twice in one week? What brings you by? | 一周两次 什么风把你吹来的 |
[32:49] | Do you really think you could try to poach | 你真的觉得你挖我最大的客户 |
[32:51] | my oldest client without me finding out? | 我还不会发现吗 |
[32:53] | What the hell are you talking about? | 你到底在说什么 |
[32:55] | I’m talking about Jeremy Cohen! | 我在说杰瑞米·科恩 |
[32:56] | I don’t know anything about Jeremy Cohen, | 我对杰瑞米·科恩一无所知 |
[32:58] | and I’m not trying to poach anyone. | 而且我也并没有挖任何人 |
[33:00] | Then you’re even less prepared to be a leader than I thought, | 那你这个做领导的准备比我想象的还不充分 |
[33:02] | because your partner’s out there coming after my firm, | 因为你的合伙人在找我公司的麻烦 |
[33:04] | and you don’t even know it! | 你却连知道都不知道 |
[33:05] | Maybe Louis wouldn’t be doing that | 也许如果你没有来这 |
[33:07] | if you hadn’t come here with some bullshit merger | 用你的狗屁并购策划使我们分崩离析 |
[33:10] | designed to rip us apart. | 路易也不会那么做 |
[33:11] | Are you really that stupid? | 你真的这么愚蠢吗 |
[33:13] | Are you really telling me that isn’t what you wanted? | 你敢说这不是你的目的吗 |
[33:15] | If I wanted to rip you apart, you’d be in million pieces | 如果我真想 你们现在早碎成渣了 |
[33:17] | right now, because Jessica is gone, | 因为杰西卡走了 |
[33:19] | and you’re not in my league. | 而你和我根本不是一个级别的 |
[33:20] | I offered the merger because my daughter has some kind of | 我主动提出合并是因为我女儿 |
[33:23] | misguided loyalty to you, and I didn’t want | 对你们有种愚蠢的忠诚 |
[33:25] | to extinguish that spark in her. | 而我不想扼杀她忠诚的萌芽 |
[33:27] | If I’m not in your league, | 如果我根本不是你的对手 |
[33:29] | why is she loyal to us instead of you? | 那为什么她忠诚于我们而不是你呢 |
[33:31] | – Watch yourself, Harvey. – Robert… | -你小心点 哈维 -罗伯特 |
[33:33] | I’m not looking to get in a fight with you. | 我没有想和你斗 |
[33:36] | But as my partner told you before, | 但如我的合伙人之前所说 |
[33:38] | we don’t need your charity. | 我们也不需要你的施舍 |
[33:41] | Then I’ll stop giving it to you. | 那我也不会再施舍你们 |
[33:44] | But you better put that dog on a leash | 但你最好管好你的狗 |
[33:45] | and shut that shit down, | 让这破事告吹 |
[33:47] | or I’ll shut you down. | 否则我就让你们消失 |
[33:57] | The next time you want something from me, Mr. Ross, | 下次你需要我时 罗斯先生 |
[33:59] | at least have the balls to ask me yourself. | 至少有胆量自己来问我 |
[34:01] | What are you talking about? | 你在说什么 |
[34:02] | You gonna tell me you had nothing to do | 你是想说哈维让我帮你 |
[34:04] | with Harvey asking me to help you get a law license? | 拿律师执照和你一点关系都没有吗 |
[34:07] | That’s exactly what I’m telling you. | 我就是这个意思 |
[34:09] | I didn’t even know about it | 在你告诉我之前 |
[34:10] | till you just showed up here and told me. | 我都不知道这件事 |
[34:12] | Then why did I get five calls | 那为什么我接到了五家不同 |
[34:13] | from five different legal clinics | 法律诊所打来的五个电话 |
[34:15] | all asking about your case? | 都在问你的案子 |
[34:17] | Because the day after I got out, | 因为在我出来之后 |
[34:19] | I followed through on my promise to that jury | 我在履行对陪审团的承诺 |
[34:20] | to try to do some good. | 努力做好事 |
[34:22] | If that’s all you came here to say, | 如果这就你到这里来要说的所有的话 |
[34:23] | why don’t you leave me alone? | 可以别继续烦我了吗 |
[34:25] | I’ve had a rough day. | 我今天过得很糟 |
[34:27] | I’m gonna leave you alone but not before I tell you | 我会离你远点 但我还得先跟你重复 |
[34:29] | what I tried to tell your old boss. | 我跟你的前老板说的话 |
[34:31] | You want to do good, be my guest, | 你想要做好事 请便 |
[34:34] | but do it in another profession, | 但是在其他的行业去做好事 |
[34:36] | because if I ever even catch wind | 因为如果我但凡听到一点 |
[34:38] | of you trying to get work at any of these places, | 你企图在任何一家律所工作的风声 |
[34:41] | you can bet your ass I will do everything I can to stop it. | 我发誓我会不择手段地阻止你 |
[34:54] | Did you know what Louis was up to? | 你知道路易做的事吗 |
[34:58] | I did. | 我知道 |
[34:59] | Why didn’t you tell me? | 你为什么没告诉我 |
[35:01] | Because I said Louis wasn’t ready to be managing partner, | 因为当时我说路易无法胜任经营合伙人 |
[35:04] | but maybe you aren’t either, because you’re not around enough | 但也许你也一样 因为你在所里的时间 |
[35:06] | to know what’s going on around here. | 少到你都不知道这里在发生什么 |
[35:07] | I don’t believe this. You’re the one | 真是难以置信 是你让我 |
[35:09] | who said, “Do something about Mike.” | 去为迈克做点什么的 |
[35:10] | Yes, I did, but I didn’t say that you should | 我是这么说过 但这不意味着 |
[35:11] | spend your entire existence doing it. | 你要把所有时间都花在这件事上 |
[35:13] | – Donna– – Harvey, you can’t do whatever you want. | -唐娜 -哈维 你不能为所欲为 |
[35:17] | Jessica’s not here to pick up the slack anymore. | 杰西卡无法再帮你收拾烂摊子了 |
[35:19] | You think I don’t know that? | 你以为我不知道吗 |
[35:20] | Well, if you do, then it’s time you do | 如果你知道的话 那现在是时候 |
[35:22] | what she would’ve done already. | 你自己收拾烂摊子了 |
[35:28] | You need to tell Louis he can’t be managing partner. | 你得自己跟路易说他做不了经营合伙人 |
[35:30] | He doesn’t want to hear it. | 他不想听 |
[35:31] | I know that. | 我知道 |
[35:33] | But the real reason we’re having this conversation | 但是我们之所以在这里谈论这些 |
[35:34] | is that you’re afraid to say it. | 就是因为你不敢去说 |
[35:37] | It’s up to you, Harvey. | 你自己决定吧 哈维 |
[35:38] | Either step up and take the reins | 要么站出来主持大局 |
[35:40] | or start looking for another job, | 要么另谋高就 |
[35:42] | because if you don’t tell Louis he’s not ready to run this firm, | 因为如果你不告诉路易他无法胜任 |
[35:46] | we’re gonna be out of business one way or the other. | 我们迟早会倒闭 |
[35:58] | What the hell did you do? | 你到底在搞什么鬼 |
[36:01] | Mike, not now. I’m not in the mood. | 迈克 我现在没心情 |
[36:03] | Well, I wasn’t in the mood when I got home | 我回到家看到安妮塔·吉布斯 |
[36:04] | to find Anita Gibbs waiting for me. | 在等我的时候也很没心情 |
[36:06] | – Mike, I’m sorry. – You’re sorry? | -迈克 我很抱歉 -你抱歉就完了 |
[36:09] | She came to my house to tell me that | 她去我家告诉我说 |
[36:10] | if I even so much as try to get a job at a legal clinic, | 如果我有哪怕一点去律所求职的企图 |
[36:12] | she’s gonna make it her life’s mission to stop me. | 她都将会把阻止我作为她的终生使命 |
[36:14] | – She can’t do that. – Did you hear me? | -她做不到的 -你听到我的话了吗 |
[36:17] | I wasn’t even on her radar. | 她甚至都没注意到我 |
[36:19] | I had one thing I wanted to do, | 我只想做一件事情 |
[36:21] | and you ruined it for me | 你却毁了它 |
[36:22] | just because you can’t accept the fact | 只是因为你无法接受 |
[36:23] | that I don’t want to come back here. | 我不想回到你这里工作的事实 |
[36:24] | I wasn’t trying to get you back. | 我并没想让你回来 |
[36:25] | – I was trying to help– – I don’t believe you! | -我只是想帮你 -我不相信 |
[36:27] | – Mike– – Are you telling me | -迈克 -你是想告诉我 |
[36:28] | you don’t want me to come back here? | 你不想让我回到这里吗 |
[36:29] | Of course I do, and you can come back at any time, | 我当然想 你随时都可以回来 |
[36:31] | – but that doesn’t mean that– – I don’t care what it means. | -但这不意味 -我不在乎意味着什么 |
[36:34] | And just to make it absolutely clear, | 未免你还有什么疑虑 |
[36:36] | in case there is any doubt, | 我现在就说清楚 |
[36:37] | if by some miracle the hand of God touches me | 如果上帝保佑 奇迹发生 |
[36:40] | and I’m somehow able to practice law again, | 我能重新从事法律职业 |
[36:42] | this is the last place that I am ever coming back to. | 我也绝不会再回这里工作 |
[36:45] | – Mike– – Stop messing with my life! | -迈克 -别再来打扰我的生活 |
[36:57] | Harvey. I’m glad you’re here. | 哈维 你能来我很高兴 |
[36:59] | I was just gonna come talk to you. | 我正想找你谈谈 |
[37:00] | What for? | 谈什么 |
[37:01] | To tell me how you tried to ruin everything | 谈谈你是如何 |
[37:03] | that Jessica’s ever worked for by making an enemy | 以毁掉杰西卡努力得到的一切为目的 |
[37:05] | of the one man who’s been trying to help us? | 和唯一一个还愿意帮我们的人为敌的事吗 |
[37:07] | That’s what I wanted to talk to you about. | 就是这件事 |
[37:08] | You couldn’t even shine Jessica’s shoes | 你连给杰西卡擦鞋都不配 |
[37:09] | and now you’re trying to tear her legacy down. | 现在居然企图败坏她苦心经营的成果 |
[37:11] | I was trying to live up to her legacy. | 我正是不想辜负她苦心经营的成果 |
[37:12] | Yeah, I don’t give a shit what you think you’ve been doing. | 我一点都不在乎你以为你自己做了什么 |
[37:14] | – Harvey, please. – You know what? | -哈维 求你 -我告诉你 |
[37:14] | Just let me say what I was gonna– | 让我把我想说的说完 |
[37:15] | I don’t care what you were going to say to me, | 我不在乎你想跟我说什么 |
[37:18] | Louis, because all you care about | 路易 因为你想的 |
[37:19] | is proving to me that you should be managing partner | 从来只有向我证明你该做经营合伙人 |
[37:22] | when everyone in the world knows that you shouldn’t– | 即使全世界的人都认为你不应该 |
[37:24] | me, Robert Zane, even Donna. | 我 罗伯特·赞恩 甚至唐娜 |
[37:25] | Harvey, please! | 哈维 求你了 |
[37:27] | Jessica didn’t even want your name up on the wall, | 杰西卡甚至不想让你的名字上墙 |
[37:29] | so if you think I’m gonna let you be managing partner | 所以如果你认为我会在她还活着的时候 |
[37:31] | while she’s still breathing, | 让你成为经营合伙人 |
[37:32] | you’re out of your goddamn mind! | 那你真是脑子坏掉了 |
[37:34] | Harvey! | 哈维 |
[37:36] | That’s enough. | 够了 |
[37:57] | I have the start paperwork for those associates | 我准备了助理们的启用书 |
[37:59] | in case you want to look it over. | 如果你还想看的话 |
[38:04] | I’ll just leave it here. | 我就放在这里了 |
[38:08] | I was gonna tell him, you know. | 我本来要告诉他的 你知道吗 |
[38:10] | I was gonna tell him that he’s the one | 我本来要告诉他 |
[38:11] | that should be managing partner. | 他该做经营合伙人的 |
[38:13] | Louis, you may have your flaws, | 路易 你也许是有错 |
[38:16] | but he had no right to talk to you like that. | 但他没有权利那样对你 |
[38:18] | Yes, he did. | 不 他有 |
[38:21] | I did everything he said I did, and the reason I did it | 他说的那些都是事实 而我这么做的原因 |
[38:23] | is because all I ever care about | 是因为一直以来我想要的 |
[38:25] | is for people to see me as more than I am. | 是让别人相信我有我还达不到的水平 |
[38:27] | – Louis… – The funny thing is, | -路易 -但搞笑的是 |
[38:29] | all I ended up with was the shortest, | 到最后 我却落得了史上 |
[38:32] | most humiliating run as managing partner | 任期最短 最尴尬的 |
[38:34] | in the history of the world. | 执行合伙人的美名 |
[38:37] | If you ask me, | 可是要我说 |
[38:39] | you may have had a short run, | 你的任期可能是短了点 |
[38:40] | but you made your mark. | 但人过留名 |
[38:47] | What are you talking about? | 你在说什么 |
[38:48] | Well, unless I’m mistaken, | 我没记错的话 |
[38:50] | we have ten associates starting tomorrow | 我们明天有十位助理 |
[38:52] | who chose to come here | 要来上班 他们放弃了 |
[38:53] | over one of the best law firms in the city. | 城里最好的律所之一 选择了我们 |
[38:56] | They did that because of you. | 他们这么做是因为你在这里 |
[38:59] | It was because of me, wasn’t it? | 当然是因为我了 难道不是吗 |
[39:02] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[39:04] | And you did that all on your own. | 而且这完全是你自己的主意 |
[39:06] | Nobody asked you to do it. | 不是别人的 |
[39:08] | Where I come from, they call that stepping up. | 用我们那儿的话说 这叫走出我人生 |
[39:12] | You’re right. It is. | 没错 确实如此 |
[39:15] | Thank you for being the secretary | 感谢你做了这个 |
[39:16] | to the shortest-tenured managing partner in history. | 史上最短任期执行合伙人的秘书 |
[39:19] | Well, now that you mention it, | 既然你说起了 |
[39:21] | before you hand over your reins, | 那在你交接之前 |
[39:23] | there’s something you can do | 还可以做点什么 |
[39:24] | to cement the future of this firm. | 为这家律所的未来出一份力 |
[39:26] | What’s that? | 做什么 |
[39:27] | Show a little love to someone | 给某人一点鼓励 毕竟 |
[39:29] | who’s been loyal to us for as long as I’ve known her. | 从我认识她开始 她就一直十分忠诚 |
[39:38] | Rachel, you have a minute? | 瑞秋 你现在有空吗 |
[39:39] | Honestly, Louis, I am swamped. | 说实话 路易 我快忙死了 |
[39:42] | So if it can wait until tomorrow– | 如果可以的话能不能明天再 |
[39:43] | Oh, I wish it could, but it can’t. | 我也想 但是不行 |
[39:46] | – Is everything okay? – Yeah. | -没出事吧 -没啥 |
[39:48] | Except for one thing. | 就一件事 |
[39:50] | I have been derelict in my duties | 我作为律师助理主管 |
[39:51] | as head of the associates. | 有一项失职 |
[39:53] | I don’t understand. | 我不明白你在说什么 |
[39:55] | Rachel, you’ve given your heart and soul to this firm | 瑞秋 你为这家律所全心全意 |
[39:57] | for almost ten years, | 付出了近十年 |
[39:59] | and now that you’re about to become a lawyer… | 而现在你即将要成为一名律师 |
[40:03] | I’d like to formally extend you an offer | 我则想正式向你发出邀请 |
[40:04] | to work here as soon as you graduate. | 希望你一毕业就能来这里工作 |
[40:17] | This says second-year associate. | 这上面写的是做第二年的助理 |
[40:19] | I know it does. | 我知道 |
[40:21] | I… | 我… |
[40:22] | I don’t know what to say. | 我不知道该说什么了 |
[40:24] | I think you do. | 我想你知道 |
[40:30] | You’re right. | 是的 |
[40:40] | Yes, Louis. | 好的 路易 |
[40:42] | I accept your offer. | 我接受这份工作 |
[40:47] | All right, you drive a hard bargain. | 好吧 你砍价成功 |
[40:49] | Third-year associate it is. | 就直接做第三年助理吧 |
[40:56] | Thank you, Louis. | 谢谢你 路易 |
[40:57] | No, thank you, Rachel. | 不 是谢谢你 瑞秋 |
[41:06] | She’s not coming back, you know. | 她不会再回来了 你知道的 |
[41:09] | – I know she’s not. – Do you? | -我知道的 -真的吗 |
[41:11] | Because you just lashed out at Louis | 因为你刚对路易说的话太狠了 |
[41:13] | when your intention was to let him down gently, | 可你本来是想温柔的告诉他的 |
[41:16] | and I find it hard to believe it had nothing to do | 我觉得这肯定跟这间办公室 |
[41:18] | with this office being empty. | 要空了有关 |
[41:21] | She didn’t even come back to say good-bye. | 她都没有再回来告别 |
[41:25] | She just packed up her things. | 只是收拾了东西就走了 |
[41:28] | – Harvey… – They’re all leaving, Donna. | -哈维 -他们都要走了 唐娜 |
[41:32] | First Jessica, now Mike. | 先杰西卡 现在又是迈克 |
[41:36] | They’re family. | 他们是我的家人 |
[41:39] | And family’s not supposed to… | 可家人是不应该… |
[41:46] | Harvey, I’ve always stayed away from a certain subject | 哈维 有个话题我一直在避免和你提起 |
[41:48] | with you, but I can’t anymore. | 但我不能再这么做了 |
[41:51] | You always talk like we’re your only family. | 你一直说的像只有我们是你的家人一样 |
[41:55] | We’re not. | 但其实并不是 |
[41:58] | You have another one, | 你还有其他家人 |
[42:00] | and you need to reconcile with them. | 你需要和他们和解 |
[42:04] | – Donna, I am not gonna– – Enough is enough. | -唐娜 我是不会 -够了 |
[42:07] | You need to go make things right with your mother. | 你得处理好和你母亲之间的关系 |
[42:10] | Because as long as you keep her at arm’s length, | 就是因为你一直不同她亲近 |
[42:13] | you’re gonna keep looking to us to fill that void. | 所以才要从我们这儿寻找温暖填补你的空虚 |
[42:16] | And I’m not sure that any of us can. | 可我不觉得我们能有人填的了 |
[42:20] | Please? | 求你了 |
[42:22] | Go see her. | 去看看她吧 |