时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:07] | Palmer figured out that we’re doing this with Seidel. | 帕默发现我们在跟赛德尔合作了 |
[00:09] | And unless we drop the lawsuit, | 除非我们撤诉 |
[00:11] | he’s gonna come after us for collusion. | 否则他要告我们合谋 |
[00:12] | If I pull out of that hearing, Palmer can’t touch us. | 如果我通过听证 帕默就动不了我们 |
[00:14] | I’m not doing anything until | 但如果你不告诉纳森到底发生了什么的话 |
[00:15] | you tell Nathan exactly what’s going on. | 我什么也不做了 |
[00:17] | There’s nothing to tell. | 没什么好说的了 |
[00:18] | You said you’re doing this case as a way to get into the Bar. | 你说你接这个案子是为了重新当律师 |
[00:20] | And I just withdrew my application. | 我刚刚撤回了我的申请 |
[00:22] | I knew Mike was a fraud before he was arrested. | 迈克被捕前我就知道他的诈骗行为 |
[00:24] | I leveraged it to get my name on the wall. | 还利用这事当上了冠名合伙人 |
[00:26] | I thought I knew what kind of man you were. | 我以为至少我知道你的为人 |
[00:28] | How dare you say that to me | 你怎么敢这么说我 |
[00:29] | when the first time we slept together, | 我们第一次上床时 |
[00:31] | you were with another man. | 你还跟别人好着呢 |
[00:32] | I don’t want to spend the rest of my life | 我不愿意和一个放弃了梦想的人 |
[00:34] | with a man who gave up on his dreams, | 过一辈子 |
[00:35] | and I know that you don’t want to be that man either. | 而且我知道你也不愿意当那个人 |
[00:38] | We have proof of over a dozen instances | 我们有证据能证明超过一打的 |
[00:40] | of you committing corporate espionage. | 商业间谍行为 |
[00:42] | What do you want? | 你们想要什么 |
[00:42] | You’re gonna settle with those miners. | 跟那些矿工和解 |
[00:44] | You’re gonna forget you ever heard of us. | 忘记听说过我们的事 |
[00:45] | And you’re gonna honor your original agreement | 并且继续诚实履行跟克雷格·塞德尔 |
[00:47] | with Craig Seidel. | 原本达成的协议 |
[00:48] | I don’t just want you to set that hearing. | 我不仅想让你敲定听证 |
[00:49] | I want you to bulldoze anyone who stands in my way. | 还想让你帮我清除掉所有拦路的人 |
[01:01] | What time is it? | 几点了 |
[01:03] | Don’t worry. You’re not late for work. | 别担心 你上班没迟到 |
[01:07] | – Here. – Thanks. | -给 -谢谢 |
[01:09] | I could use this. | 我真需要这个 |
[01:11] | I got in pretty late last night. | 昨晚很晚才回来 |
[01:13] | Does that have anything to do with the flowers | 那跟我刚在厨房里发现的花 |
[01:15] | I just found in the kitchen? | 有关吗 |
[01:18] | Can’t a guy just buy you flowers ’cause he loves you? | 我就不能单纯因为爱你而给你买花吗 |
[01:20] | He can. But he didn’t. | 是能 但不是这样的 |
[01:24] | You’re right. | 你说对了 |
[01:26] | I bought them to say thank you | 我买花是为了感谢你 |
[01:29] | for doing whatever it took to make sure | 不惜一切来确保 |
[01:31] | I got my shot at getting into the Bar. | 我能有机会成为律师 |
[01:33] | Wait, does that mean that… | 等等 那么说 |
[01:35] | Yeah. We did it. | 是啊 我们做到了 |
[01:36] | My hearing’s tomorrow. Seidel’s on our side. | 我的听证会就在明天 赛德尔站在我们这边 |
[01:41] | I can’t believe it. | 难以置信 |
[01:43] | This could really happen. | 这可能成真了 |
[01:45] | I know. | 是啊 |
[01:48] | What is it? | 怎么了 |
[01:49] | I promised Oliver that I would tell Nathan | 我答应奥利佛会告诉纳森 |
[01:51] | about the whole thing. | 整件事的来龙去脉 |
[01:53] | – Mike, you can’t do that. – I know I can’t. | -迈克 你不能那么做 -我知道 |
[01:55] | But I gotta get a couple days off for the hearing, | 但我得为听证会请几天的假 |
[01:57] | which means I gotta tell him something. | 那么我总得给他个交待 |
[02:09] | Louis, what are you doing here? | 路易 你来做什么 |
[02:12] | I hope you don’t mind I stopped by. | 希望你不介意我过来 |
[02:14] | I had to see you. | 我必须见你 |
[02:15] | I couldn’t sleep at all last night. | 我昨晚一夜睡不着 |
[02:17] | – Neither could I. – Tara, please. | -我也是 -塔拉 求你 |
[02:19] | I know we had a fight, | 我知道我们吵架了 |
[02:21] | but you told me you wanted to get to know me. | 但你说你想了解我 |
[02:23] | And I swear, what I told you | 我发誓 我告诉你的 |
[02:25] | was the worst thing I’ve ever done. | 是我做过的最坏的事 |
[02:27] | Louis, the thing I’m having trouble dealing with | 路易 我难以接受的 |
[02:29] | has nothing to do with that person at your firm. | 跟你们公司那个人的事无关 |
[02:32] | It has to do with how you treated me last night. | 而是你昨晚对我的态度 |
[02:33] | – Tara, please. – Let me finish. | -塔拉 求你 -让我说完 |
[02:35] | You shared something horrible with me, | 你对我说了很吓人的事 |
[02:37] | gave me no time to process it, | 又没给我时间接受 |
[02:39] | and while I was taking it in, | 然后我还在消化这事的时候 |
[02:41] | you not only attacked my integrity, | 你不仅攻击了我的人品 |
[02:44] | you made me feel ashamed of myself. | 还让我为自己感到羞耻 |
[02:46] | You’re right. | 你是对的 |
[02:46] | I lashed out, and I shouldn’t have. | 我发火了 我不该的 |
[02:49] | But I only did it because I was afraid of you rejecting me. | 但我那么做是因为担心你跟我分手 |
[02:52] | And I will… | 我… |
[02:54] | Tara, I’ll die if you reject me. | 塔拉 如果你跟我分手我会死的 |
[02:56] | That’s the thing, Louis. | 问题就在这里 路易 |
[02:58] | You had a reason for reacting the way you did. | 你是有理由做出那样的反应 |
[03:04] | But I’m not sure I want to be with a man | 但我不确定我想跟一个 |
[03:06] | who thinks there’s ever a reason to treat me that way. | 认为他有任何理由那么对待我的男人在一起 |
[03:08] | – Tara… – I’m sorry, Louis. | -塔拉 -对不起 路易 |
[03:10] | They’re waiting for me in the conference room. | 他们还在会议室等我呢 |
[03:12] | I told you I’ll call, | 我说过我会打给你 |
[03:14] | and I will call. | 我会的 |
[03:26] | – Nathan. – Mike. What’s up? | -纳森 -迈克 怎么了 |
[03:28] | Nothing. I just wanted to give you this. | 没事 就想给你这个 |
[03:33] | This is a check for $50,000. | 这是五万美金的支票 |
[03:35] | I know. We settled. | 是啊 我们和解了 |
[03:36] | I gave the miners their checks last night. | 我昨晚把支票都给矿工了 |
[03:38] | Mike, this is the most money we’ve ever made on a case. | 迈克 我们一个案子从未赚过这么多钱 |
[03:41] | For once, we’re not gonna have to worry about making rent. | 我们终于不用担心交不起房租了 |
[03:43] | Yeah. Right. | 是啊 |
[03:44] | That’s not a joke. | 我不是说笑 |
[03:46] | Wait, you’re telling me that $50,000 | 等等 你是说五万美金 |
[03:47] | can really make that big a difference to the clinic? | 对于诊所会那么重要吗 |
[03:49] | I’m telling you that I know in corporate law, | 我是说 我知道在公司法里 |
[03:51] | money doesn’t matter unless it’s in the millions, but… | 钱都是按百万算的 |
[03:53] | here, $50,000 makes all the difference in the world. | 但在这里 五万美金就是天文数字了 |
[03:56] | Well, in that case, Nathan, I’ve been working here | 那样的话 纳森 我从来这儿工作 |
[03:59] | seven days a week since I started, | 就一直没休息过 |
[04:00] | and I’ve got some personal stuff that I need to– | 我有私事要去处理 |
[04:02] | Stop right there. Look. You just bought me 30 days rent. | 打住 你刚给我拿到了30天的租金 |
[04:04] | The least I can do is give you a few days back. | 让你放几天假也是应该的 |
[04:07] | Great. Thank you. | 太好了 谢谢 |
[04:09] | Thank you. | 谢谢你 |
[04:19] | – Okay, let’s hear it. – Hear what? | -好了 说吧 -说什么 |
[04:21] | The joke you spent all morning coming up with. | 你想了一早上的段子 |
[04:23] | What joke? | 什么段子 |
[04:24] | I was just gonna ask you where the law library was, | 我刚想问你法律图书馆怎么样 |
[04:26] | but then I realized you’ve never set foot in there. | 但随即意识到你从未去过 |
[04:27] | Shouldn’t you be at the clinic saving whales? | 你难道不该在诊所里拯救鲸鱼吗 |
[04:29] | First of all, that’s Greenpeace. | 首先 那是绿色和平的事 |
[04:31] | And second of all, I took the day off | 其次 我请了假 |
[04:33] | so I could prepare for the Character and Fitness Committee. | 好准备应付品行考核委员会 |
[04:35] | Oh, that means you’re taking | 那么你是要严肃对待 |
[04:36] | whatever that hitch is gonna be seriously. | 不管会发生的什么岔子了 |
[04:38] | – You know I am. – That’s what I like to hear. | -当然了 -这就对了 |
[04:40] | Because I don’t want somebody working here | 因为我不希望在这里工作的人 |
[04:42] | who doesn’t listen to my advice. | 不听取我的建议 |
[04:44] | Harvey, I still don’t think you understand. | 哈维 我觉得你还是不明白 |
[04:46] | When this thing is over, I am not coming back here. | 等这事结束 我不会回来的 |
[04:48] | – Mike– – I told you, I want to do good. | -迈克 -我说过 我想做好事 |
[04:50] | – Then do good here. – And I also told you | -那就在这儿做好事 -我还说过 |
[04:52] | that the only reason I agreed to this whole thing in the first place | 我当初之所以答应了这件事 |
[04:54] | was because I couldn’t stand | 是因为我不忍心 |
[04:55] | to watch someone like Oliver fail | 看奥利佛那样的人失败 |
[04:57] | and not be able to help him. | 而又无法帮助他 |
[04:58] | and people like Oliver don’t work in places like this. | 而奥利佛那类人又不在这样的地方工作 |
[05:00] | They work in places like that. | 他们在那样的地方工作 |
[05:02] | And people like you shouldn’t be working anywhere. | 而你这类人不应该被允许在任何地方工作 |
[05:05] | What are you doing here, Anita? | 你来这里干什么 安妮塔 |
[05:06] | I’m here because the U.S. Attorney’s Office requested that | 我来这里是因为联邦检察官办公室要求 |
[05:09] | they be notified if Mike Ross ever applied to the Bar. | 一旦迈克·罗斯申请要成为律师 必须通知他们 |
[05:11] | What does the U.S. Attorney’s Office have to do with Mike? | 联邦检察官办公室和迈克有什么关系 |
[05:14] | Nothing. Except I happen to work there. | 没关系 只是我碰巧在那里工作而已 |
[05:16] | And as of one week ago, | 而且一周以前 |
[05:17] | I’m also the newest member of the Character and Fitness Committee. | 我还成为了品行考核委员会的新成员 |
[05:21] | Bullshit. | 放屁 |
[05:21] | There’s a whole process to get on that committee. | 要走完一整套程序才能加入那个委员会 |
[05:23] | There’s no way you just happened to be in the pipeline. | 你不可能正好在走那个程序 |
[05:25] | You’re right. I wasn’t. | 没错 我的确没有 |
[05:26] | But when a member takes leave, | 但一旦有成员卸任 |
[05:28] | he has the right to appoint his replacement. | 他有权任命他的接班人 |
[05:30] | And Walter Samson appointed me. | 而沃特·山姆森委任了我 |
[05:33] | You think I’m not gonna find out | 你以为我不会挖出 |
[05:34] | whatever bullshit you did to get this guy to drop out? | 你是动了什么手脚才让这人让位的吗 |
[05:36] | Be my guest, | 随便挖 |
[05:37] | because if Mike is going before that hearing, | 因为假如迈克要去参加那个听证会 |
[05:39] | that means you did something too. | 那意味着你一定也动了手脚 |
[05:42] | What do you want? | 你想怎样 |
[05:42] | I want to tell you you might as well cancel this hearing, | 我想告诉你 你可以取消这次听证 |
[05:45] | save us all a lot of time. | 为我们大家都节省许多时间 |
[05:47] | Because the vote has to be unanimous. | 因为必须全票通过才算通过 |
[05:49] | And you are never getting my vote. | 而我绝对不会投通过的 |
[06:30] | Rachel, whatever you’re doing, you need to put it down | 瑞秋 无论你在做什么 都得先放一放 |
[06:33] | and start looking for every single instance | 然后开始找在没有全票通过的情况下 |
[06:34] | where a person was admitted to the Bar and the vote wasn’t unanimous. | 一个人依然获得了律师资格的案例 |
[06:37] | Mike, what’s going on? | 迈克 出什么事了 |
[06:38] | Anita Gibbs got herself onto the board. | 安妮塔·吉布斯加入了委员会 |
[06:40] | Then what we should be doing is finding a way to get her kicked off. | 那我们该做的是找个办法把她踢出去 |
[06:42] | Harvey’s working on it. But in the meantime, | 哈维在想办法了 但与此同时 |
[06:43] | I need to know the ins and outs of this committee, | 我需要了解关于这个委员会的一切细节 |
[06:45] | because while she’s on it, | 因为只要她还在委员会里 |
[06:46] | she’s gonna use every dirty trick in the book | 她就会用尽一切肮脏的手段 |
[06:48] | to end this thing before it gets started. | 试图把这件事直接扼杀在摇篮里的 |
[06:49] | Where are you going? | 你要去哪里 |
[06:50] | I’m gonna go hole myself up in the library | 我要窝在图书馆里 |
[06:51] | and start preparing answers to every dirty question i can think of. | 为回答每一个我能想到的肮脏问题做准备 |
[07:02] | Louis, are you okay? | 路易 你还好吗 |
[07:04] | I’m fine, Donna. | 我没事 唐娜 |
[07:05] | What can I do for you? | 有什么需要我帮忙的吗 |
[07:06] | I know you know Benjamin and I have been working on a business. | 我知道你知道本杰明和我正在创业 |
[07:09] | But I’m not sure that you know | 但我不确定你是否知道 |
[07:10] | that we brought on Stu as an investor. | 我们找了斯图做投资人 |
[07:12] | I didn’t, Donna; That’s great. | 我不知道 唐娜 那真是太棒了 |
[07:14] | It is. | 的确 |
[07:14] | But there’s a problem, and I need your help with it. | 但出了个问题 而我需要你的帮助 |
[07:16] | Anything. | 你尽管开口 |
[07:17] | Benjamin applied for a patent, | 本杰明去申请了专利 |
[07:18] | and it turns out that our technology overlaps with someone else’s. | 但发现我们的技术和另一个人的重合了 |
[07:21] | – How much overlap? – 32.5%. | -重合度有多高 -32.5% |
[07:24] | That’s over the threshold. | 超过最高限度了 |
[07:25] | Unless Benjamin can get you below 30– | 除非本杰明能把重合度降到30… |
[07:26] | He can’t. | 他做不到 |
[07:27] | But Stu says we can negotiate with whoever holds the patent, | 但斯图说我们可以和那个专利持有人协商 |
[07:30] | get them to give us an exclusion, | 让他们授权给我们 |
[07:31] | and we’ll still be able to move forward with The Donna. | 那我们就可以继续推进真·唐娜这个项目了 |
[07:33] | Donna, this is exactly what I need. | 唐娜 我正需要这个 |
[07:36] | What do you mean? | 什么意思 |
[07:37] | Tara and I got into a huge fight. | 塔拉和我大吵了一架 |
[07:39] | She’s deciding right now if we’re gonna stay together. | 她如今正在决定我们还要不要继续 |
[07:43] | This is exactly what I needed to take my mind off it. | 我正需要做点什么来转移注意力 |
[07:48] | Louis, I don’t mean to sound insensitive, | 路易 我不想让自己听起来不近人情 |
[07:51] | but this is incredibly important to me. | 但这事对我真的很重要 |
[07:54] | I know you, | 我了解你 |
[07:55] | and if this is gonna make you go in there and blow this thing up, | 假如你的状态会让你把这件事搞砸 |
[07:58] | I can’t have that. | 那可不行 |
[07:59] | Donna, listen to me. | 唐娜 听我说 |
[08:01] | I may be losing the closest woman in my life, | 我也许会失去我生命中最亲近的女人 |
[08:04] | but you are the second closest. | 但你是第二亲近的 |
[08:06] | I swear that I won’t do anything to harm your company. | 我发誓我不会做任何危害你的公司的事 |
[08:11] | Thank you. Knock ’em dead. | 谢谢 加油 |
[08:20] | When were you gonna tell me? | 你什么时候才打算告诉我 |
[08:21] | Tell you what? | 告诉你什么 |
[08:22] | That the prosecutor that put Mike in prison | 那个把迈克送进监狱的检察官 |
[08:24] | just got herself put on that panel. | 把自己弄进了委员会 |
[08:26] | – What? – That’s right. | -什么 -没错 |
[08:27] | And I want to know why I heard about it from her and not you. | 而我想知道我为什么没有从你这里听说这件事 |
[08:30] | I’ll tell you why. Because I didn’t know. | 我告诉你为什么 因为我不知道 |
[08:31] | But now that I do, this thing is done. | 但如今我知道了 这件事玩完了 |
[08:33] | – The hell it is. – Are you crazy? | -玩完个屁 -你疯了吗 |
[08:35] | Anita Gibbs is a goddamn Assistant U.S. Attorney. | 安妮塔·吉布斯可是助理联邦检察官 |
[08:38] | She gets one whiff of this, | 一旦她发现了一丁点迹象 |
[08:39] | and we are both disbarred. | 我俩都会被吊销律师执照的 |
[08:40] | Which is why we’re gonna make sure that doesn’t happen | 所以我们要把她踢出委员会 |
[08:43] | by getting her kicked off that panel. | 以确保这件事不会发生 |
[08:45] | And how exactly are we gonna do that? | 我们要怎样才能做到那一点 |
[08:46] | We’re gonna start by you telling me | 你先把所有我需要知道的 |
[08:47] | everything there is to know about Walter Samson. | 关于沃特·山姆森的事 仔仔细细地告诉我 |
[08:49] | Well, then we might as well give up right now, | 那我们现在一样也可以放弃了 |
[08:51] | because Walter Samson is as clean as they come. | 因为沃特·山姆森干净得像婴儿 |
[08:53] | – No one is that clean. – Well, this guy is. | -没人有那么清白 -这个人就是 |
[08:55] | – And I didn’t sign on– – Listen to me. | -而且我没有… -听我说 |
[08:57] | You said you were in on this. | 你说过你加入的 |
[08:58] | And I’m telling you right now, you still are. | 我现在告诉你 你依旧是我们这条船上的 |
[08:59] | Because we moved heaven and earth to get you out of hot water, | 因为我们千方百计地帮你摆脱了麻烦 |
[09:02] | and I got no problem putting you right back in. | 我可不介意把你重新打入地狱 |
[09:05] | Fine. | 好 |
[09:06] | But you better be careful. | 但你最好小心一点 |
[09:08] | Because if you’re looking at Gibbs, | 因为如果你想调查吉布斯 |
[09:09] | she’s going to be looking at us. | 她也会调查我们 |
[09:10] | And you coming to my lobby in the middle of the day | 而你大白天来我的大堂找我 |
[09:12] | is going to get us all caught. | 就会让她抓住把柄 |
[09:21] | Gentlemen, thank you for meeting with me | 先生们 虽然是临时通知 |
[09:23] | – on such short notice. – Our pleasure. | -感谢你们愿意见我 -不客气 |
[09:24] | I assume you looked through the documents I sent over | 我想你们应该已经看过我发给你们的文件了 |
[09:26] | and found them to your liking? | 合二位心意吗 |
[09:28] | On the contrary, we found them most disturbing. | 正相反 我们感到非常不爽 |
[09:31] | In particular, the fact that you used | 具体地说 你们是使用了 |
[09:32] | our fundamental principles and worked up from there. | 我们的基本原则才能够完成设计 |
[09:35] | What? | 什么 |
[09:36] | We’ve never even seen your fundamental principles | 我们在申请专利前 |
[09:38] | prior to applying for that patent. | 从未看过你们的基本原则 |
[09:40] | Can you prove that? | 你能证明吗 |
[09:41] | Of course we can’t… prove that. | 当然没法证明 |
[09:43] | It’s not possible to prove a negative. | 没法证明没看过 |
[09:45] | Words spoken by every hack who’s ever copied | 每个将别人的技术 |
[09:48] | someone else’s technology and claimed it as their own. | 窃为己有的人都会这么说 |
[09:53] | What’s going on here? | 什么情况 |
[09:55] | I came to you to negotiate an exclusion in good faith. | 我诚心诚意地来谈授权 |
[09:59] | And we’re prepared to offer you– | 我们计划报价 |
[10:00] | We don’t care what you’re prepared to offer. | 我们不关心你们的报价 |
[10:02] | And we didn’t bring you here to give you an exclusion. | 我们让你来也不是要给你提供授权 |
[10:03] | We brought you here to send a message. | 而是要借你传达个消息 |
[10:05] | This is a $90 million lawsuit against your client | 这是起诉你委托人的文件 要求赔偿九千万 |
[10:08] | if they go to market. | 如果他们让产品上市的话 |
[10:13] | Gentlemen, please, | 二位 别这样 |
[10:14] | I am not saying we got here first. | 我不是说我们先发明的 |
[10:17] | But it’s a 2.5% overlap, | 但只是超过了2.5% |
[10:19] | and we are open to a 15% revenue sharing arrangement. | 而我们愿意支付15%的收益分成 |
[10:22] | And we’re not open to shit, because we were here first. | 我们根本不在乎 因为是我们在先 |
[10:25] | Listen to me. I am trying to keep my cool. | 听好了 我在尽量克制了 |
[10:28] | We don’t care if you keep your cool or not. | 我们不管你能否克制 |
[10:30] | Because we’ve got you, | 因为我们抓住你了 |
[10:31] | and there’s nothing you can do about it. | 而你却无能为力 |
[10:33] | So you can take your offer and shove it in a drawer | 你可以把你的报价塞进抽屉里了 |
[10:35] | along with that sorry excuse for a digital secretary, | 还有那个破烂电子秘书 |
[10:38] | because neither one of them is ever gonna see the light of day. | 因为两者没有一个能见天日 |
[10:55] | Oliver. What are you doing? | 奥利佛 你干什么呢 |
[10:57] | Is it still on? | 还有效吗 |
[10:59] | – Is what still on? – Your deal. | -什么还有效吗 -你的交易 |
[11:01] | To get into the Bar. | 成为律师 |
[11:03] | Oliver, listen to me. | 奥利佛 听我说 |
[11:04] | Because when I asked Nathan where you were, | 因为当我问纳森你去哪儿了 |
[11:05] | he said you were taking a couple days for personal reasons. | 他说你要请几天假处理私事 |
[11:08] | And all of a sudden, | 突然之间 |
[11:08] | I got this pit in my stomach that wouldn’t go away. | 我就感到挥之不去的恶心 |
[11:11] | So I decided to ask you if there’s a reason I got that pit | 于是我决定来问问你我是否有理由恶心 |
[11:13] | or if I’m just an asshole for doubting you. | 或者我只不过是个怀疑你的混蛋 |
[11:18] | You’re not an asshole, Oliver. | 你不是混蛋 奥利佛 |
[11:19] | God damn it, Mike! | 该死的 迈克 |
[11:20] | You told me you didn’t have to tell Nathan | 你跟我说过 你不会告诉纳森 |
[11:22] | because there was nothing to tell. | 因为无事可说 |
[11:23] | And when I told you that, there wasn’t. | 我和你说的时候的确是那样 |
[11:25] | But then my deal got put back on the table. | 后来我的交易又回到了桌面上 |
[11:26] | Which means you could have told him this morning. | 也就是说今天早上你本可以告诉他 |
[11:28] | But you didn’t, so now I have to. | 而你没有 现在我得去说了 |
[11:31] | Oliver, hey, wait! Please, hear me out! | 奥利佛 等等 拜托听我说 |
[11:33] | I’m not gonna hear you out, Mike. | 我才不听你说 迈克 |
[11:35] | I was sitting here for an hour, | 我在这里等了你一个小时 |
[11:37] | hoping I was wrong about you. | 希望是我看错你了 |
[11:38] | You weren’t wrong about me. | 你没看错我 |
[11:40] | I care about people. I want to help the clinic. | 我在乎人们 我希望能帮助诊所 |
[11:43] | And the reason I didn’t tell Nathan what I did | 我之所以没告诉纳森 |
[11:45] | is because I’m just waiting until I can help him even more. | 是因为我想等我有能力帮他更多的时候再说 |
[11:47] | Help how? By being a shady lawyer? | 怎么帮 做一个见不得人的律师吗 |
[11:49] | By being someone who wouldn’t have lost Sofia Price her home. | 做一个不会让索菲亚·普莱斯丢掉房子的人 |
[11:54] | I cannot believe you just said that to me. | 真不相信你会说出这句话 |
[11:55] | I said it because it’s true, and you know it. | 因为这是事实 你也清楚 |
[12:01] | Look, I am gonna tell Nathan everything | 我的听证会一结束 |
[12:03] | as soon as my hearing is over. You have my word. | 我就马上把事情都告诉纳森 我向你保证 |
[12:06] | Why should I believe the word of a liar? | 我凭什么要相信骗子的话 |
[12:08] | Because of what I did for those miners and the clinic. | 就凭我为那些矿工和诊所所做的事情 |
[12:10] | And if that’s not enough, how about what I did for you? | 如果这些还不够 我为你做的可以吗 |
[12:12] | You didn’t do shit for me. But fine, I won’t tell Nathan. | 你屁都没为我做 但我不会告诉纳森 |
[12:16] | Just so long as when this thing’s over, | 只要这件事情一结束 |
[12:17] | you go back to your corrupt corporate world. | 你就滚回你的狗屁商业界 |
[12:19] | Because I don’t care what you tell yourself. | 因为不管你告诉自己什么 |
[12:22] | You’re never gonna belong in mine. | 你都不属于我的世界 |
[12:34] | Harvey, what are you still doing here? | 哈维 还在这儿干什么 |
[12:36] | The hearing’s across town in ten minutes. | 听证会在城市对角 十分钟就开始了 |
[12:37] | I’m not going to the hearing, Donna, and neither are you. | 我不去听证会了 唐娜 你也不要去 |
[12:40] | – Why not? – Because if you and I can’t do | -为什么 -因为如果我们俩做不到该做的事 |
[12:41] | what we need to, then whatever Mike does at that hearing | 不管迈克在听证会上怎么表现 |
[12:44] | – isn’t gonna matter. – Give it to me. | -都无所谓了 -告诉我 |
[12:45] | We need to figure out what Walter Samson’s weak spot is. | 我们得找到沃特·山姆森的弱点 |
[12:48] | Tell me how, and I’m all in. | 告诉我该怎么做 我全力以赴 |
[12:49] | Start by contacting every person we know | 从联系所有认识他的人 |
[12:51] | and asking them what they know about this asshole. | 问问他们知道这个混蛋有什么事情开始 |
[12:53] | Because Gibbs has something on him | 因为吉布斯握有他的把柄 |
[12:55] | and if I can’t find out what it is, | 如果我找不出来 |
[12:57] | then I can’t get her off that committee. | 我就没法把她踢出委员会 |
[13:00] | Where are you going? | 你要去哪儿 |
[13:01] | To see someone who doesn’t know Samson at all. | 去见一个根本不认识山姆森的人 |
[13:06] | Before we get started, I’d like to point out | 在开始之前 我要指出 |
[13:08] | these interviews are normally for us to quickly approve | 此类访谈通常是为了我们快速批准 |
[13:10] | standard applicants to the Bar. | 标准申请人进入律师协会 |
[13:12] | However, Mr. Ross is no standard applicant. | 但是 罗斯先生并非完全符合申请人标准 |
[13:14] | Therefore, we will convene for as long as it takes | 所以 我们将不对他的审核环节限时 |
[13:16] | before ruling on his application. | 直到得出判定结果 |
[13:19] | – Now… – Mr. Chairman, if I may. | -现在 -主席先生 请允许我发言 |
[13:22] | Last winter, Mr. Ross pled guilty | 去年冬天 罗斯先生认罪 |
[13:24] | to defrauding the citizens of New York. | 承认其对纽约市民犯下了欺诈罪 |
[13:26] | Therefore, I propose we reject his application right now | 所以 我提议立刻拒绝他的申请 |
[13:29] | because Mr. Ross is a felon | 因为罗斯先生是罪犯 |
[13:31] | and the New York Bar does not accept felons. | 纽约律师协会不接受罪犯 |
[13:33] | Mr. Chairman, with all due respect to the new board member, | 主席先生 我无意冒犯这位协会的新成员 |
[13:36] | you do. | 但有过接受先例的 |
[13:37] | Not only does the Bar accept felons, but years ago, | 而且协会不仅接受罪犯 多年前更是 |
[13:39] | this very committee admitted Neal Wiesner, | 此协会认可了尼尔·维斯纳 |
[13:43] | a man who spent years in prison for attempted murder. | 一个因谋杀未遂入狱多年的罪犯 |
[13:46] | Now, Ms. Gibbs may think my crime is worse | 吉布斯小姐也许觉得我的罪行 |
[13:47] | than attempted murder, but I don’t think | 甚至比谋杀未遂更恶劣 但我不认为 |
[13:49] | it’s worth throwing away 140 years of precedent | 就恶劣到值得协会放弃140多年的先例 |
[13:51] | by not even allowing me to make my case. | 甚至不给我一个为自己说话的机会 |
[13:59] | Come on, let’s go! | 加油 快快快 |
[14:02] | Come on, shit. | 加油啊 该死 |
[14:05] | What the hell are you doing? | 你干什么呢 |
[14:06] | What does it look like I’m doing? | 你看我像在干什么 |
[14:07] | I’m watching my money go down the toilet. | 眼睁睁看着我的钱打了水漂 |
[14:09] | Well, it looks to me like I paid you to do a job, | 在我看来是我给了你一个任务 |
[14:12] | and you’re sitting here doing this. | 你却坐在这里无所事事 |
[14:13] | Okay, I’ll let you in on a little secret. | 好吧 我就告诉你一个小秘密 |
[14:15] | It only takes 15 minutes to hack someone. | 电脑入侵只需要十五分钟 |
[14:17] | If you can’t find something in the next 45, | 接下来的45分钟里要是找不到有用的事 |
[14:19] | it means there’s nothing to find. | 就说明它根本不存在 |
[14:21] | Bullshit. There’s always something to find. | 胡扯 肯定有什么的 |
[14:22] | I’m telling you, there isn’t. | 我说实话 真没有 |
[14:24] | He doesn’t drink, smoke, gamble, cheat, nothing. | 他不碰烟酒不赌不偷 不沾坏事 |
[14:26] | Listen to me. I paid you good money to do a job, | 给我听好 我给了你一大笔钱搞定这事 |
[14:29] | and if you don’t put some more effort into this, | 如果你不给我认真点 |
[14:31] | I’m gonna spread the word that you aren’t worth shit. | 我就会把你一无是处的事广而告之 |
[14:33] | And this time it won’t be coming from Louis Litt. | 而这次不再是路易·利特没信誉的话 |
[14:35] | – It’ll be coming from me. – Then keep your damn money. | -而是我的 -那把你的臭钱拿走 |
[14:37] | When I tell you there’s nothing to find, | 当我告诉你找不到什么的时候 |
[14:39] | there’s nothing to find. | 就是真的不存在 |
[14:42] | I guess what I’m saying is not only do I admit what I did, | 我的意思是我不仅承认我的所作所为 |
[14:46] | but… I regret it | 而且 我很后悔 |
[14:50] | with every fiber of my being. | 诚心诚意的后悔 |
[14:53] | And I’d like to apologize to my clients, | 我愿意向我的委托人们 |
[14:56] | my former colleagues, | 向我的前同事们 |
[14:58] | and finally to the fraternity of men and woman | 向从我是个孩子起 就一直想 |
[15:00] | that I’ve wanted to be a member of | 加入的协会的兄弟姐妹们 |
[15:02] | since I was a child. | 真诚致歉 |
[15:08] | Well, that was a moving statement. | 真是感人的陈述 |
[15:10] | I just have one question. | 我就一个问题 |
[15:11] | If you regret what you did so much, | 要是你这么后悔你的所作所为 |
[15:13] | why weren’t you willing to serve your full sentence? | 你为什么不愿意服满刑期 |
[15:15] | Well, I wasn’t unwilling. | 我没有不愿意 |
[15:17] | I was offered a deal to help convict a known criminal, | 有人提出交易 让我帮忙给某罪犯定罪 |
[15:20] | and I took it. | 我就答应了 |
[15:20] | You were offered a deal to get out early, and you took it. | 你是答应了一个能提前被释放的交易 |
[15:23] | I protected an innocent man– | 我保护了一个无辜的人… |
[15:24] | What you did was insinuate yourself into your roommate’s life, | 你所做的不过是渗入你室友的生活 |
[15:27] | gain his trust, | 获得他的信任 |
[15:28] | and pretend to be his friend. True or false? | 假装自己是他的朋友 是否如此 |
[15:33] | You’re taking it out of context. | 你这纯粹是断章取义 |
[15:35] | The context is you portrayed yourself as one thing | 要说全部事实就是你说自己是一回事 |
[15:37] | when, really, you were another, | 而其实是另一回事 |
[15:38] | which is what you did the entire time | 而这正是你谎称自己是律师的 |
[15:40] | you pretended to be an attorney | 整个过程中干的 |
[15:41] | and what I believe you are doing to this body right now. | 也是我认为你现在正在做的事 |
[15:45] | Mr. Chairmen, | 主席先生 |
[15:46] | if she’s going to impugn his character while he’s speaking, | 如果她在他陈述中就对他的人格进行抨击 |
[15:49] | then he’s entitled to let someone else speak for him. | 那他就有权找人为他作证 |
[15:52] | This isn’t a trial. | 这不是庭审 |
[15:53] | We don’t allow character witnesses here. | 我们不允许品性证人发言 |
[15:55] | Actually, you do. | 事实上 协会允许 |
[15:56] | Article 4, 16A. | 第四章16A款规定 |
[15:58] | Applicants are allowed a witness as a rebuttal | 申请人允许请证人出席 |
[16:00] | for an accusation leveled by a committee member. | 反驳由协会成员提出的指控 |
[16:03] | That article hasn’t been cited in 30 years. | 那条规定已经30年没用过了 |
[16:05] | Maybe that’s because no applicant has ever had to stand | 也许是因为从来没有申请人被迫 |
[16:08] | before the person who put them away. | 由送自己进监狱的人品评过 |
[16:10] | You make a point. | 有道理 |
[16:11] | We’ll pick this up first thing in the morning | 我们明天一早听取你找到的 |
[16:13] | with your witness. Thank you. | 证人的陈述 谢谢 |
[16:20] | Rachel, that was exactly what I needed. | 瑞秋 你的话帮了我大忙 |
[16:22] | – If you hadn’t done that… – I know. | -要不是你… -我知道 |
[16:23] | But right now I’m more concerned with the fact | 但现在我更担心的是 |
[16:24] | that she’s turning them against you. | 她会让成员们讨厌你 |
[16:26] | Which means even after Harvey kicks her off, | 也就是说即使哈维拉她下马 |
[16:29] | Seidel’s job is gonna be that much harder. | 赛德尔要说服所有人也难上加难了 |
[16:32] | And we only have one shot at having someone speak for me. | 而我们只有机会找一个人替我说话 |
[16:35] | Mike, come on. We gotta get back to the office | 迈克 走吧 我们得赶紧回公司 |
[16:37] | and start going through everyone it could be. | 开始思考谁能做这件事 |
[16:39] | We’ll make a list of pros and cons. | 从正反两方面列个对比表格 |
[16:40] | Rachel… I know who it is. | 瑞秋 我知道该找谁 |
[16:54] | Julius. | 朱利叶斯 |
[16:56] | Mike. What are you doing here? | 迈克 你怎么来了 |
[16:59] | I was hoping we could talk. | 我想找你谈谈 |
[17:02] | Look, I’m sorry, man. This is not a good time. | 抱歉 伙计 现在不方便 |
[17:04] | I just put the baby down and the wife and I– | 我刚把孩子哄睡着 我和妻子正… |
[17:05] | Please, it won’t take long. | 求你 不用很久的 |
[17:07] | I got this hearing tomorrow | 明天我有场听证会 |
[17:08] | for the Character portion of the Bar, | 是律师协会的品行考核 |
[17:11] | and I wanted to ask if you’d speak for me. | 我想问你愿不愿意替我说话 |
[17:13] | You mind if I ask, why me? | 你不介意我问下 为什么找我 |
[17:15] | Because you’re the only one I know who’s qualified | 因为你是我认识的人中唯一一个有资格 |
[17:17] | to tell the board that I was a different man | 告诉委员会我出来之后 |
[17:18] | when I got out than when I went in. | 已经不是以前那个人了 |
[17:22] | No offense, Mike… | 无意冒犯 迈克 |
[17:24] | but the truth is, I’m not sure you are. | 但事实上 我不确定你是否改过自新了 |
[17:27] | What do you mean? | 什么意思 |
[17:27] | I mean you said this hearing is tomorrow. | 我是说这个听证会在明天 |
[17:29] | But you’re just now coming to me, | 而你现在才来找我 |
[17:30] | which means something’s going on. | 这意味着出了什么状况 |
[17:33] | What’s going on is the woman who put me away | 状况就是把我抓起来的那个女人 |
[17:34] | managed to get herself on the committee, | 进入了听证委员会 |
[17:36] | and now she’s slamming the door in my face. | 而今她又当面挑衅我 |
[17:37] | – And why would she do that? – Julius– | -那她为什么要这么做 -朱利叶斯 |
[17:39] | Mike, how did you even get a hearing? | 迈克 你怎么会有听证会 |
[17:41] | What are you talking about? I applied, like everyone else. | 你说什么呢 我跟别人一样申请了 |
[17:43] | No, you’re not like everyone else. | 不 你跟别人不一样 |
[17:45] | – You didn’t go to law school. – It doesn’t matter. | -你都没上过法学院 -那不重要 |
[17:47] | There’s an exception called “Reading the law.” | 有个例外叫”熟读法律” |
[17:49] | See, right there, Mike, | 发现了吗迈克 就这 |
[17:50] | that sounds like the bullshit artist I met in prison. | 听起来就像我在监狱里遇到的胡扯的骗子一样 |
[17:52] | So you tell me right now. | 那你现在告诉我 |
[17:54] | Did you pull some shit to make this happen? | 你是不是搞了什么事才弄到的听证会 |
[17:58] | Damn, Mike, if you can’t be straight with me, | 该死迈克 如果你不跟我坦白 |
[18:00] | this conversation ends right here. | 我就立马结束谈话 |
[18:03] | Yes, I did. | 好吧 我承认 |
[18:07] | Finally. Some truth in the night. | 还是啊 夜幕下的真相 |
[18:10] | Julius, I work at a law clinic, | 朱利叶斯 我在一家法律诊所工作 |
[18:13] | but not as a lawyer. | 但不是以律师身份 |
[18:14] | An opportunity presented itself for me to become one | 我曾有一个成为律师的机会摆在眼前 |
[18:16] | and I turned it down, | 而我拒绝了 |
[18:17] | but then I had to sit there | 然后我不得不坐在那 |
[18:18] | and watch a woman get put on the street | 眼睁睁看着一个女人因为我帮不上忙 |
[18:20] | because I couldn’t help her. | 而被赶到大街上 |
[18:22] | And I knew I’d have to watch that happen | 我知道我会一次又一次地 |
[18:23] | over and over and over. | 看到这种情况 |
[18:25] | So when that opportunity presented itself for the second time, | 所以当那个机会第二次出现时 |
[18:28] | I took it. | 我抓住了 |
[18:29] | Because I knew it would never come along again. | 因为我知道它如果消失就不会再来 |
[18:31] | – You don’t know that, Mike. – I do know that. | -你也不知道会怎么样 迈克 -我知道 |
[18:33] | So you can say no if you want to, | 所以你愿意的话可以拒绝 |
[18:35] | but don’t say I haven’t changed. | 但不能说我没有改变 |
[18:37] | Because the Mike you met that night in prison | 因为你那晚在监狱遇到的迈克 |
[18:39] | never would have told you the truth just now. | 永远不会像刚才那样对你说出真相 |
[18:44] | Julius, please. | 朱利叶斯 拜托了 |
[18:50] | I need this. | 我需要这个机会 |
[18:55] | This is the address. | 这是地址 |
[18:56] | It’s tomorrow at 9:00. | 明早八点 |
[19:02] | I don’t have anyone else. | 我没有别人可找了 |
[19:17] | Mike, hey. | 迈克 |
[19:18] | Harvey, tell me you got some good news. | 哈维 告诉我你有些好消息 |
[19:21] | I do. I took care of Seidel. | 我确实有 我搞定了赛德尔 |
[19:23] | He’s still gonna back you. | 他还是会支持你的 |
[19:24] | I’m not talking about Seidel. | 我不是说赛德尔 |
[19:26] | I’m talking about getting Gibbs off that committee. | 我是说把吉布斯挤出委员会 |
[19:28] | It’s not that simple. | 这事没那么容易 |
[19:29] | What’s not that simple about it? | 那有什么不容易的 |
[19:31] | I haven’t found anything on him yet. | 我还没找到跟他有关的任何事 |
[19:33] | Harvey, I am struggling to get someone on my side, | 哈维 我努力地赢得好感 |
[19:36] | and every second that she is on that committee | 但只要她在委员会里 |
[19:38] | she is turning people against me. | 就会说服人反感我 |
[19:40] | I need your help. | 我需要你的帮助 |
[19:42] | Mike, I told you I’d get it done. | 迈克 我跟你说过我来搞定 |
[19:45] | I’ll get it done. | 我就一定会搞定的 |
[19:51] | – Anything? – No. | -有什么收获 -没有 |
[19:52] | It’s the same as when you called an hour ago. | 和你一个小时前打电话时一样 |
[19:54] | If he killed someone and hid the body, | 如果他杀了人去藏尸 |
[19:55] | nobody knows where it is. | 没有人知道会在哪 |
[19:56] | Then why don’t you tell me who’s next on the list. | 那你告诉我名单上下一个是谁 |
[19:58] | Harvey, I have been at this all day, | 哈维 我忙这个忙了一整天了 |
[19:59] | and you said we don’t have much time. | 你说我们的时间所剩不多 |
[20:01] | Why don’t you just bluff the guy | 那你为什么不去忽悠那个家伙 |
[20:03] | into giving you whatever you need? | 搞到你需要的东西 |
[20:04] | Because we’ve only got one shot at this. | 因为这件事我们只有一次机会 |
[20:06] | The more information I have, | 我掌握的信息越多 |
[20:07] | the better chance a bluff is gonna work. | 我忽悠成功的可能性越大 |
[20:11] | Harvey, what’s going on? | 哈维 到底怎么了 |
[20:13] | It isn’t like you to stay in and make phone calls | 这不像你的风格宁愿待在屋里打电话 |
[20:15] | instead of confronting someone face-to-face. | 也不去当面去会会别人 |
[20:21] | What if I can’t do it | 要是我做不到 |
[20:23] | and Mike doesn’t get into the Bar? | 迈克不能成为律师呢 |
[20:24] | How can you say that? | 你怎么会这么说 |
[20:26] | You are the best poker player I have ever seen. | 你是我见过最好的扑克玩家 |
[20:30] | You can do it. | 你能做到的 |
[20:36] | I don’t think you understand, Donna. | 我觉得你不太明白 唐娜 |
[20:40] | A bluff only works if he’s dirty. | 只有他不清白时忽悠才有用 |
[20:41] | What if the guy really is clean? | 要是这个家伙身家清白呢 |
[20:43] | Harvey, Gibbs got him off the committee. | 哈维 吉布斯把他从协会挤了出去 |
[20:45] | He’s not clean. | 他并不清白 |
[20:47] | Now, enough is enough. | 别再说丧气话了 |
[20:49] | Go do what you do. | 该做什么做什么去 |
[20:58] | Louis, you mind telling me what this is? | 路易 你介意说下这是什么吗 |
[21:02] | Where’d you get that? | 你从哪弄来的 |
[21:03] | That is a lawsuit against Donna’s new business. | 那是针对唐娜新生意的诉讼 |
[21:06] | I know what it is. | 我知道那是什么 |
[21:06] | Well, why haven’t you told her about it yet? | 那你为什么还不告诉她 |
[21:08] | Because she’s gonna think that I blew it | 因为她会认为我是因为塔拉的事心烦 |
[21:10] | because I was upset about Tara. | 而搞砸了这件事 |
[21:12] | Louis, did you go full-blown you on some poor bastard | 路易 你是不是冲哪个小可怜撒气了 |
[21:15] | and ruin Donna’s chance at success? | 而搞砸了唐娜成功的机会 |
[21:17] | Gretchen, I went there in good faith to get a settlement, | 格蕾琴 我是满怀诚意的去和解的 |
[21:20] | and I was ambushed. | 是他们不友好 |
[21:21] | – I swear. – Then you need to fix it. | -我发誓 -那你去把它处理好 |
[21:24] | – I can’t. – Why not? | -我不能 -为什么不能 |
[21:25] | Because I cannot stop thinking about Tara. | 因为我没有办法不想塔拉 |
[21:28] | We got into a huge fight | 我们大吵了一架 |
[21:31] | and I was… such an asshole. | 我真是个 混蛋 |
[21:35] | So I went to apologize. | 所以我去道歉 |
[21:37] | She said she wasn’t sure she could stay with me, | 她说她不确定她还能不能和我在一起 |
[21:39] | and I haven’t heard from her since. | 从那以后我就没了她的消息 |
[21:41] | So now instead of not knowing how to fix things | 所以现在不止是生活中一个女人的事 |
[21:44] | with one woman in my life, | 我解决不了 |
[21:45] | I don’t know how to fix things with the other. | 而且另一个女人的事我也无法解决 |
[21:46] | Louis, I was married a long time. | 路易 我之前有段很长的婚姻 |
[21:49] | And I’ll tell you, Carl and I had some doozies. | 我要告诉你 卡尔和我是有分歧的 |
[21:52] | Tell you the truth, | 老实告诉你 |
[21:53] | I wasn’t always sure we were gonna pull through. | 不是每次我都确信我们能度过的 |
[21:56] | But we always did, because we loved each other. | 但我们都度过了 因为我们彼此相爱 |
[22:01] | What if she doesn’t love me anymore? | 如果她不再爱我了怎么办 |
[22:03] | It doesn’t turn off like that, Louis. | 爱不是那么容易消逝的 路易 |
[22:05] | And from where I’m standing, | 而且从我的角度来看 |
[22:08] | you’re worth loving. | 你值得被爱 |
[22:11] | Now, do you think you can fix this thing | 现在 你觉得你能解决这件事 |
[22:14] | or do you need me to get us some help? | 还是说你需要我给咱们找个帮手 |
[22:17] | I don’t need any help. | 我不需要帮助 |
[22:20] | I’m gonna blow those guys out of the water. | 我要把这些家伙打的屁滚尿流 |
[22:29] | – Walter Samson? – Yes? | -沃特·山姆森 -没错 |
[22:31] | I saw you out there. First time playing? | 我在外面看见你了 第一次来玩吗 |
[22:35] | Sorry. Do I know you? | 抱歉 我认识你吗 |
[22:36] | The question is, how do you know Anita Gibbs? | 问题是 你是怎么认识安妮塔·吉布斯的 |
[22:37] | Because you gave her your seat | 因为你把你在 |
[22:39] | on the Character and Fitness Committee, | 律师品行委员会的位置给了她 |
[22:40] | and the woman who prosecuted Mike Ross | 而这个起诉迈克·罗斯的女人 |
[22:42] | has no business being there. | 没有资格得到它 |
[22:43] | – Who’s Mike Ross? – I get it. | -迈克·罗斯是谁 -我理解 |
[22:45] | We’re going that way, huh? | 我们要这样玩 是吗 |
[22:47] | He’s the reason Gibbs strong-armed you | 他就是吉布斯强迫你放弃 |
[22:48] | into giving up that seat. | 你位置的原因 |
[22:50] | I gave up that seat | 我放弃这个位置 |
[22:51] | – because I wanted to spend more time with my family. – Bullshit. | -是因为我想花时间多陪陪家人 -瞎扯 |
[22:53] | She found out whatever dirty little secret you’re hiding. | 她发现了你不可告人的肮脏小秘密 |
[22:55] | If you don’t come clean with me, | 如果你不向我坦白 |
[22:56] | I’m gonna find out what it is and I’m gonna squeeze harder. | 我会去查清楚是什么 我的威胁会更甚 |
[22:59] | I don’t know who you are, | 我不知道你是谁 |
[22:59] | but it must be nice living in a world | 但生活在一个人人都有弱点 |
[23:01] | where everyone has a weak spot and is unethical, | 以及不道德行为的世界 感觉一定很好 |
[23:04] | but in this case, | 但现在的情况是 |
[23:04] | I took a leave of absence | 我选择了离职 |
[23:06] | and I replaced myself with a worthy attorney. | 选了一个配得上的律师替代我 |
[23:08] | So you can look for a pressure point all you want. | 所以你随便去找我的弱点 |
[23:11] | But I’m sorry to inform you, | 但我很遗憾的告诉你 |
[23:13] | you’re not gonna find one. | 你什么也找不到的 |
[23:15] | You want to know who I am? My name is Harvey Specter. | 你想知道我是谁 我是哈维·斯佩克特 |
[23:18] | And you can say you never heard of Mike Ross, | 你可以说你从没听过迈克·罗斯 |
[23:19] | but I know you heard of me. | 但我知道你听说过我 |
[23:21] | So maybe she didn’t blackmail you. | 所以也许她没对你进行勒索 |
[23:23] | Maybe she promised to do something for you. | 也许她对你许下了什么承诺 |
[23:24] | Either way, I’m gonna find out what it is | 不管是什么 我都会查清楚是什么 |
[23:27] | and you’re gonna wish you told me right now. | 而那时你会希望你现在就告诉了我一切 |
[23:28] | You think you’re showing strength. | 你以为你是在向我示威 |
[23:30] | But intimidation is only weakness. | 但恐吓只代表软弱 |
[23:33] | And for your information, | 顺便告诉你 |
[23:33] | I never met Anita Gibbs | 在任命安妮塔·吉布斯 |
[23:35] | until the day I appointed her as my replacement. | 接替我的位置前 我从没见过她 |
[23:45] | When I first met Mike Ross, | 当我第一次见到迈克·罗斯时 |
[23:46] | I thought he was like every other criminal I work with: | 我以为他和我之前见过的其他罪犯一样 |
[23:49] | an entitled fraud who spent his life cutting corners. | 一个想不劳而获的诈骗犯 |
[23:53] | But I’m here to tell you, he went into prison one man, | 但我来是为了告诉你们 他已经不是 |
[23:56] | and he walked out another. | 进监狱时的那个他了 |
[23:57] | And in my professional opinion, | 从我的专业角度看 |
[23:58] | he has the integrity to serve his community as a lawyer. | 他拥有能作为律师服务于社会的诚信 |
[24:01] | While I don’t doubt your sincerity, Mr. Rowe, | 我不怀疑您是出于真心 罗威先生 |
[24:04] | just because he was able to fool you | 但仅仅因为他骗到了你 |
[24:05] | doesn’t mean he’s going to be able to fool this board. | 不代表他就能骗过委员会 |
[24:07] | It’s Dr. Rowe. | 是罗威医生 |
[24:09] | And I’m glad you were the one who responded to my statement. | 我很高兴回应我陈述的人是您 |
[24:12] | And why is that? | 为什么 |
[24:13] | Because you tried to paint a false picture of his release, | 因为之前是你试图对他的释放做出误读 |
[24:15] | and I’m here to set the record straight. | 而我正是来拨乱反正的 |
[24:17] | The record is straight. | 我没有误读 |
[24:18] | And you’re not qualified to talk about the deal that he made. | 而且你没资格讨论他之前的交易 |
[24:21] | – No, we’re gonna hear this. – Thank you. | -不 我们想听听 -谢谢 |
[24:23] | It’s true Mr. Ross entered into an early release agreement. | 罗斯先生之前达成提前释放协议这不假 |
[24:27] | But it’s also true that he stayed in longer than he had to | 但他为了狱友的安全延迟了自己的释放 |
[24:30] | to keep his cellmate safe. | 也是事实 |
[24:31] | And while he was there, he risked his own life | 当他在里面时 他冒着生命危险 |
[24:34] | to prevent a violent man from falsely obtaining parole. | 阻止了一个暴力的罪犯骗得假释 |
[24:37] | And for all we know, | 说不定 |
[24:38] | he did that for self-serving reasons. | 他这么做是出于私心 |
[24:40] | And for all I know, that’s what you’re doing right now. | 在我看来 你现在做的事才是出于私心 |
[24:42] | You’re out of line. | 你过分了 |
[24:43] | I’m not the one under examination here. | 现在接受审查的人不是我 |
[24:45] | Neither am I. I’m a prison psychologist. | 也不是我 我是一名监狱的心理医生 |
[24:48] | And in my experience, | 根据我的经验 |
[24:49] | self-serving men do not risk their lives to help people. | 有私心的男人不会冒着生命危险帮助他人 |
[24:52] | I don’t call defrauding your fellow man helping people. | 我不觉得欺骗自己的朋友是帮助他人 |
[24:56] | And I certainly don’t call it having integrity. | 更不会认为这叫诚信 |
[24:59] | With all due respect, ma’am, | 恕我直言 女士 |
[25:00] | I’m done wasting my breath on you | 我不想和你浪费口舌 |
[25:03] | because the purpose of this hearing was to determine | 因为这个听证会的目的是非常明确的 |
[25:05] | if Mike Ross had reformed. | 那就是迈克·罗斯是否已经改正 |
[25:07] | But you don’t seem to be interested in that | 但你似乎对那并不感兴趣 |
[25:09] | because you’ve already made your mind up. | 因为你已经做出了判断 |
[25:10] | Maybe I have. | 也许是的 |
[25:11] | Then maybe you shouldn’t be on this committee. | 那么也许是你没有资格进入委员会 |
[25:14] | Because as I said, in my professional opinion, | 如我所说 以我的专业观点 |
[25:18] | the world could use a lawyer like Mike Ross. | 世界需要迈克·罗斯这样的律师 |
[25:21] | And if you’re looking for my personal opinion, | 如果你问我的个人意见 |
[25:23] | he has more integrity in his little finger | 你所拥有的正直 |
[25:25] | than you have in your whole body. | 不及他的万分之一 |
[25:48] | Harvey, where have you been? | 哈维 你去哪了 |
[25:49] | I’ve been trying to level the playing field. | 想办法替我们挽回局势 |
[25:51] | That’s the thing; we just did. | 我说的就是这个 我们已经做到了 |
[25:53] | You should have seen Julius up there. | 你真应该看看朱利叶斯在那的表现 |
[25:54] | I mean, if those members vote no | 如果成员们听了他的话 |
[25:56] | after hearing what he had to say– | 居然还会投反对票… |
[25:57] | Doesn’t matter what he had to say. | 他说了什么都无关紧要 |
[26:01] | You haven’t found a way to get Gibbs off that committee. | 你还没有找到把吉布斯踢出委员会的办法 |
[26:04] | No. | 没有 |
[26:12] | I’m sorry, Mike. | 抱歉 迈克 |
[26:14] | You don’t have to be sorry, Harvey. | 你不用抱歉 哈维 |
[26:16] | She warned us that she’d never let me into the Bar. | 她警告过我们她不会让我当成律师的 |
[26:20] | We just didn’t listen. | 我们只是没有相信 |
[26:25] | Listen to me. | 听我说 |
[26:26] | This vote isn’t until tomorrow morning. | 明天早上才投票 |
[26:28] | There’s still time for us to think of something. | 我们还有时间想想办法 |
[26:30] | You keep trying, Harvey. | 你继续想办法吧 哈维 |
[26:33] | I got something else I need to take care of. | 我还有别的事得处理一下 |
[26:41] | What’s going on? | 怎么了 |
[26:42] | Gretchen said you wanted to talk to me about the patent. | 格蕾琴说你想和我聊聊专利的事 |
[26:44] | What are you guys doing here? | 你们怎么来了 |
[26:45] | I went back to them, Donna. | 我回去找他们了 唐娜 |
[26:47] | And the reason I asked Stu and Benjamin to be here | 我把斯图和本杰明叫来是因为我想让你知道 |
[26:49] | was so that you’d know I didn’t shit the bed. | 不是我搞砸了这件事 |
[26:51] | Are you telling me you couldn’t get them to back off the lawsuit? | 你是说你没能让他们做出让步吗 |
[26:53] | He’s telling you we won’t be able to patent The Donna at all. | 他是说我们不能给真·唐娜申请专利 |
[26:56] | – What? – Donna. | -什么 -唐娜 |
[26:57] | They weren’t authorized to let us partner with them. | 他们不授权让我们和他们合作 |
[26:59] | That’s what I sent you over there to take care of. | 那正是我让你处理的事 |
[27:01] | I know, and then they said they would fight us | 我知道 他们说他们会和我们 |
[27:02] | to the ends of the earth. | 把官司打到底的 |
[27:04] | So I pulled out every trick in the book. | 所以我想尽办法 |
[27:05] | And I got them to make you an offer. | 让他们提了条件 |
[27:08] | An offer sounds like a buyout. | 听起来像是买断 |
[27:10] | That’s because it is a buyout. | 因为就是买断 |
[27:11] | With a special provision that allows us | 用一项特别条款 允许我们 |
[27:13] | to produce The Donna for in-house use. | 生产真·唐娜做内部使用 |
[27:14] | That’s not good enough. | 那不够好 |
[27:15] | Donna, we’re talking about a lot of money. | 唐娜 他们愿意付一大笔钱 |
[27:16] | I don’t care about the money, Stu. | 我并不在乎钱 斯图 |
[27:18] | I care that Louis didn’t fight for me. | 我在乎的是路易没有为我而战 |
[27:20] | I did fight for you, Donna, I swear. | 我为你斗争了 唐娜 我发誓 |
[27:22] | They got us dead to rights. There’s nothing more I can do. | 他们吃定我们了 我没有什么能做的了 |
[27:25] | Bullshit. Louis Litt does not roll over for anybody. | 扯淡 路易·利特从不向任何人妥协 |
[27:27] | He didn’t roll over, Donna. | 他没有妥协 唐娜 |
[27:28] | I went over it with Benjamin, | 我和本杰明仔细查看了一下 |
[27:29] | and we can’t get the overlap under 30%. | 我们没办法把重叠部分降到百分之30以下 |
[27:32] | I also ran it by my own attorney | 我还让我自己的律师看了 |
[27:33] | and he was shocked at what Louis was able to get us. | 他对路易给我们拿到的条件感到很震惊 |
[27:36] | So you’re telling me you want to take it? | 所以你是说你想要接受吗 |
[27:39] | We do. | 我们想接受 |
[27:41] | But The Donna wouldn’t even exist without you, | 但是没有你的话就没有真·唐娜 |
[27:43] | and we’re partners, so if you don’t want to, | 我们是搭档 所以如果你不想接受的话 |
[27:45] | then we won’t. | 我们就不接受 |
[27:53] | I’m gonna need to think about it. | 我得想想 |
[28:11] | – What’s that? – Liberty Rail. | -那是什么 -自由铁路公司 |
[28:13] | I tried to give it to you once before. | 以前我就想给过你 |
[28:15] | You wouldn’t take it. | 但你不收 |
[28:16] | You said it should come without strings. | 你说只有在没有附带条件的情况下你才会收下 |
[28:18] | Well, here it is. No strings. | 现在我给你 没有附带条件 |
[28:20] | It’s still got strings, and you know it. | 还是有条件的 你知道的 |
[28:22] | You want me to let Mike in the Bar. | 你想让我帮迈克当上律师 |
[28:24] | I do, but I’m giving you this whether you do that or not. | 我的确想 但无论你帮不帮我都会给你这个 |
[28:27] | Why would you do that? | 为什么 |
[28:29] | Because I’m hoping if I showed you I could change, | 因为我希望如果我向你证明我可以改变 |
[28:31] | maybe you’d believe he could too. | 也许你能相信他也能改变 |
[28:37] | You for him. | 你换他 |
[28:41] | What? | 什么 |
[28:45] | Tomorrow morning, I’m going to ask Mike | 明天早上 我会问迈克 |
[28:47] | if anyone knew he was a fraud | 他在皮尔逊-斯佩克特工作时 |
[28:49] | while he was at Pearson Specter. | 有没有人知道他是个骗子 |
[28:51] | He admits you knew, I’ll let him in the Bar. | 他要承认你知道 我就让他当律师 |
[28:54] | I do that, they’ll kick me out. | 如果我那么做 他们会把我踢出律师协会 |
[28:56] | That’s what “You for him” means. | 那就是”你换他”的含义 |
[28:58] | You said you’d do it for him once. | 你说过你愿意换他的 |
[29:00] | This is your chance to put your money where your mouth is. | 现在就是付诸行动的时候 |
[29:02] | He won’t go for it. | 他不会答应 |
[29:04] | He wants to be a lawyer so bad he can taste it. | 他想当律师都快想疯了 |
[29:06] | You can make him go for it. | 你可以强迫他 |
[29:09] | Just remember, | 记住 |
[29:12] | you didn’t like being too late last time. | 你不喜欢上次迟了的感觉 |
[29:14] | You’re not too late this time. | 这次就不要再迟了 |
[29:20] | Good. You’re both here. Thanks for staying. | 太好了 你们俩都在 谢谢你们留下 |
[29:24] | Of course we stayed. Your message said it was urgent. | 我们当然会留下 你信息上说很紧急 |
[29:26] | What’s going on? | 怎么了 |
[29:26] | Is there a problem with the settlement? | 和解有什么问题吗 |
[29:27] | No. I gave Oliver my word that I’d tell you the truth, | 并不是 我向奥利佛保证我会告诉你实情 |
[29:30] | so… I’m here to tell you the truth. | 所以 我来告诉你实情了 |
[29:33] | – Truth about what? – I made a deal. | -什么实情 -我做了个交易 |
[29:35] | A quid pro quo that we would handle the miners’ case | 等价交换 我们解决矿工的案子 |
[29:37] | in exchange for the chance to be admitted to the Bar. | 以换取进入律师协会的机会 |
[29:41] | Are you goddamn kidding me? | 你在逗我吗 |
[29:43] | I asked you point blank if something was going on, | 我直截了当的问你有没有事瞒我 |
[29:45] | – and you lied to my face? – Nathan, I’m sorry. | -你却在我面前撒谎 -纳森 我很抱歉 |
[29:47] | But I didn’t want to tell you | 但我只是想等 |
[29:48] | until there was something to tell. | 事情真的能办再告诉你 |
[29:50] | You weren’t going to tell me until you got away with it. | 你是想等你自己全身而退之后再告诉我 |
[29:51] | No, I wasn’t. | 不 我不是 |
[29:52] | But as it turns out, I’m not gonna get away with it, | 事实证明 我无法全身而退了 |
[29:54] | and I’m telling you anyway. | 但我还是要告诉你 |
[29:56] | – You’re fired. – Nathan, please– | -你被解雇了 -纳森 拜托… |
[29:58] | I don’t give a shit what’s about to come out of your mouth. | 我一点也不在乎你接下来要说什么 |
[29:59] | Clean out your office. | 清干净你的办公室 |
[30:00] | Never show your face around here again. | 永远别再出现在这里 |
[30:03] | Wait. Don’t do it. | 等等 别这么做 |
[30:05] | Did you hear what he said? | 你听到他说的话了吗 |
[30:06] | He lied. Not once, not twice– | 他说了谎 一而再再而三地说谎… |
[30:08] | I don’t care, because we need him. | 我不在乎 因为我们需要他 |
[30:09] | – We don’t need him– – Sophia needed him, | -我们不需要他 -索菲亚需要他 |
[30:11] | and she got me, and look what happened. | 却只能由我代理 看看结果吧 |
[30:14] | Yeah, Nathan, that was some shady shit he pulled, | 是 纳森 他是做了坏事 |
[30:16] | but you gotta be blind if you can’t see | 但如果你看不到他确实在乎委托人 |
[30:18] | that he actually cares. | 那你一定是瞎了 |
[30:19] | And I don’t remember us beating down a place | 而且在他来之前 我们从未获得过 |
[30:21] | like Velocity Data before he got here. | 像极速数据处理公司案这样的胜利 |
[30:23] | So if it’s all the same to you, I’d like him to stay. | 所以如果你无所谓的话 我想让他留下来 |
[30:25] | Well, it’s not all the same to me, Oliver. | 但我对这事不仅不无所谓 奥利弗 |
[30:27] | It’s up to me. | 而且还有决定权 |
[30:28] | Not to the person that kept it from me as much as Mike did. | 像迈克一样对我有所隐瞒的人没有决定权 |
[30:31] | He didn’t keep it from you, Nathan. | 他没有想瞒你 纳森 |
[30:34] | He said that if I didn’t tell you, he would. | 他说如果我不告诉你 他就会告诉你 |
[30:37] | So here I am. | 所以我来了 |
[30:38] | And I know I don’t have a leg to stand on, but… | 我知道我没有立场 但是 |
[30:42] | I’d like to stay. | 我想留下来 |
[30:49] | Monday morning, you better start | 周一早晨 你最好 |
[30:50] | putting your money where your mouth is | 拿出实际行动 |
[30:52] | and find us another $50,000 case. | 再为我们接个能赚五万美元的案子 |
[31:07] | – Louis, do you have a minute? – Sure, Harvey. | -路易 你有空吗 -当然 哈维 |
[31:11] | I don’t know how much you know | 我不知道你对迈克 |
[31:12] | about what’s going on with Mike’s hearing. | 听证会的情况了解多少 |
[31:14] | Enough to know that look on your face | 我能看出你的表情意味着 |
[31:15] | – means it’s not going well. – It’s not. | -听证会情况不太好 -是不太好 |
[31:17] | And I may have a way to change it, | 我可能有办法挽回局面 |
[31:18] | but I wanted to run it by my partner first, | 但我想先和我的合伙人谈谈 |
[31:20] | because it may mean that I need a little time off. | 因为这可能意味着我要休息一段时间 |
[31:23] | What do you mean, “A little time off”? | “休息一段时间”是什么意思 |
[31:25] | I mean Gibbs offered me a deal. | 意思是吉布斯跟我谈了个条件 |
[31:26] | Mike goes on record admitting I knew he was a fraud, | 迈克公开承认我知道他是个骗子 |
[31:30] | she’ll vote to let him in the Bar. | 她就投票让他进入律师协会 |
[31:31] | Are you insane? | 你疯了吗 |
[31:32] | You do that, it won’t be a little time off. | 如果你这么做 就不只是休息一段时间了 |
[31:34] | You’ll get disbarred. | 你会被取消律师资格的 |
[31:36] | And by then, he’ll be a lawyer. | 但那时候 迈克就是律师了 |
[31:37] | And we can argue that he said that just to appease Gibbs. | 我们可以主张他这么说只是为了安抚吉布斯 |
[31:40] | Bullshit. You do this, | 胡说 如果你这样做 |
[31:41] | two out of three names on that wall will be gone, | 我们律所就会损失两个冠名合伙人 |
[31:43] | and I won’t be able to keep this firm going. | 我一个人无法维持律所运转 |
[31:45] | And if you can’t, we’ll have done it for Mike. | 如果你不行的话 我们也是帮了迈克的忙 |
[31:47] | Zane will hire you. | 赞恩会聘用你的 |
[31:48] | I don’t want to go to Zane’s. | 我不想去赞恩的律所 |
[31:50] | I want to do what we said we were gonna do | 我想按照我们曾说过的那样 |
[31:51] | – and rebuild this place together. – Louis, I owe him. | -一起重建这家律所 -路易 我欠他的 |
[31:53] | Well, what about what you owe me? | 那你欠我的呢 |
[31:54] | – You said we were partners. – We are partners. | -你说过我们是合伙人 -我们是啊 |
[31:56] | Which is why I came to you with this. | 所以我才跟你说这些 |
[31:58] | No, you didn’t come to ask my permission. | 不 你不是来征求我的同意的 |
[32:01] | You came to tell me that you were gonna do this. | 你是来通知我你要这么做的 |
[32:03] | And what if I did? | 如果就是如此呢 |
[32:03] | Then you’re not just an asshole. | 那你就不只是个混蛋了 |
[32:04] | You’re an idiot, because there’s no way | 你还是个白痴 因为迈克·罗斯绝不可能 |
[32:06] | Mike Ross ever agrees to trading you for him. | 同意用你的利益去交换他的 |
[32:08] | – Well, I’ll make him agree. – No, you won’t. | -我会强迫他 -不 你强迫不了我 |
[32:11] | Mike. | 迈克 |
[32:12] | Harvey, whatever deal she’s offering you, | 哈维 不管她给你提供了什么条件 |
[32:13] | I’m not gonna take it. | 我都不会接受的 |
[32:14] | You don’t even know what it is. | 你都不知道条件是什么呢 |
[32:15] | I don’t care what it is. | 我不管条件是什么 |
[32:17] | I’m not getting into the Bar | 如果要以把你从律师协会除名为代价 |
[32:18] | if it means getting you kicked out. | 我是不会进入律师协会的 |
[32:19] | Mike, she wants me. She always has. | 迈克 她想整的是我 一直如此 |
[32:21] | No, Harvey. She wants both of us. | 不 哈维 她想整我们俩 |
[32:23] | And she’s not going to stop until she gets both of us. | 除非把我们俩都整垮 否则她不会罢休的 |
[32:25] | – You don’t know that. – Yes, I do. | -你也不能确定 -不 我能 |
[32:27] | And if you don’t get that, | 而且如果你不明白这一点 |
[32:27] | then she’s got you right where she wants you. | 那说明你是正中她下怀 |
[32:30] | So you’re just gonna sit there tomorrow | 所以你明天就坐以待毙 |
[32:32] | and let her take everything away from you? | 让她夺走属于你的一切吗 |
[32:33] | She’s not taking anything away. | 她没有夺走我的什么 |
[32:35] | She’s keeping things exactly the way they are. | 她只是让事情保持了原样 |
[32:37] | You mean working for that clinic. | 你是说在法律诊所工作 |
[32:38] | Harvey, I’m lucky to still have a job at that clinic. | 哈维 我还能在法律诊所工作就很幸运了 |
[32:42] | So tomorrow morning, I’m gonna go in there | 所以明天早晨 我会昂首挺胸地 |
[32:43] | with my head held high. | 走进听证会 |
[32:46] | But what I’m not gonna do | 但我不会 |
[32:48] | is let her strip you of everything that you are. | 让她夺走属于你的一切的 |
[32:57] | Harvey, he’s right. | 哈维 他说得对 |
[33:00] | Let it go. | 放手吧 |
[33:15] | Whatever it is, Donna… | 不管是什么事 唐娜… |
[33:16] | Harvey, I know you’re in a rough place right now, | 哈维 我知道你现在处境困难 |
[33:18] | but whatever’s gonna happen with Mike is gonna happen. | 但是该来的迟早会来的 |
[33:20] | You’ve done everything you can. | 你已经尽力了 |
[33:22] | And I’m tired of putting my wants on hold. | 而且我也实在等不下去了 |
[33:25] | What is it? | 你想要什么 |
[33:26] | You know about my product with Benjamin. | 你知道本杰明为我做的那个产品 |
[33:29] | I do. | 我知道 |
[33:30] | Well, it turns out we have a 32.5% overlap | 我们的软件和另一个公司的产品 |
[33:33] | on our software with another company’s. | 存在32.5%的重合部分 |
[33:35] | They refused to budge, and Louis said | 他们拒绝让步 路易说 |
[33:37] | he pulled out every trick in the book to get us this. | 他使劲了浑身解数让我们走到这一步 |
[33:45] | – Can you get it under 30%? – No. | -你们能让重合低于30%吗 -不行 |
[33:49] | Then take the money. | 那就把钱收下吧 |
[33:52] | I don’t want the money. | 我想要的不是钱 |
[33:54] | – Donna– – I want something more. | -唐娜 -我想要更多 |
[33:57] | And I’ve never said that out loud, | 我从未出口承认过 |
[33:59] | but I can’t pretend that’s not true anymore. | 但我无法再假装这不是真的了 |
[34:05] | What do you mean “More”? | 你说”更多”是什么意思 |
[34:08] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[34:15] | I guess I’m gonna have to figure that out. | 我想我得把这一点弄清楚才行 |
[34:26] | Good night, Harvey. | 晚安 哈维 |
[34:28] | I’ll see you tomorrow at the hearing. | 明天听证会见 |
[34:39] | Mr. Ross, | 罗斯先生 |
[34:39] | we are prepared to hear your final statement. | 我们准备好听取你的最终陈述了 |
[34:41] | Before we do, I have one last question. | 在这之前 我还有最后一个问题 |
[34:44] | Mr. Ross, you say you’re a changed man | 罗斯先生 你说你已改过自新 |
[34:46] | and you care about the truth. | 还说自己重视事实 |
[34:48] | But I want to know if you’re capable of telling the truth. | 但我想看看你是否能够说出事实 |
[34:51] | So I’m going to ask you a question | 所以我要问你一个问题 |
[34:54] | and I suggest that you consider your answer very carefully, | 我建议你小心斟酌自己的答案 |
[34:56] | because as far as I’m concerned, | 因为在我看来 |
[34:57] | your answer will determine | 你的回答决定着 |
[34:59] | whether or not you become a lawyer. | 你是否能够成为一名律师 |
[35:02] | During your time at Pearson Specter Litt, | 你在皮尔逊-斯佩克特-利特律所 |
[35:06] | did anyone there have knowledge of the fact | 工作时 当时那里有人知道 |
[35:08] | that you were a fraud? | 你是冒牌律师这个事实吗 |
[35:15] | Mr. Ross. Did anyone else know? | 罗斯先生 律所里其他人知道吗 |
[35:22] | I knew. | 我知道 |
[35:25] | And if you’re looking for a scalp, | 如果你非要拉一个人下马 |
[35:27] | you can have mine. | 那就我来 |
[35:29] | But I was under the impression that this hearing | 在我印象中 本次听证会无关于 |
[35:31] | was not about my old firm, but whether or not | 我过去那间律师 但无论怎样 |
[35:34] | Mr. Ross should be a lawyer. | 罗斯先生都理应成为一名律师 |
[35:38] | I say he should. | 依我看这是他应得的 |
[35:39] | It doesn’t matter what you say. | 你说什么并不重要 |
[35:40] | He’s already had someone testify for him. | 他已经找到人为他作证 |
[35:42] | I’m not here to talk about him. | 我来这里不是为了谈论他 |
[35:44] | I’m here to talk about someone else. | 我来这里是为了谈论另一个人 |
[35:46] | Someone else has nothing to do with this– | 其他人和今天的听证会无关 |
[35:47] | I’d like to hear this. | 我想听她说说 |
[35:49] | 15 years ago, a young woman was arrested | 15年前 一个年轻女人 |
[35:51] | for illegally obtaining prescription drugs. | 因非法获取处方药而遭到逮捕 |
[35:55] | Turns out she had chronic pain | 原来她患有慢性疼痛 |
[35:57] | and didn’t want to drop out of med school, | 但她不想从医学院退学 |
[35:58] | possibly never to return. | 否则可能再也回不去了 |
[36:00] | So she stole a couple of prescription pads | 因此她从自己实习的医院 |
[36:03] | from the hospital where she was interning– | 偷了一些处方药 |
[36:05] | a crime with a mandatory sentence of seven years. | 这一罪行可以被判处七年监禁 |
[36:09] | But instead of throwing the book at her, | 但当时检察官并未对她严惩 |
[36:12] | the prosecuting attorney showed mercy, | 而是选择了法外开恩 |
[36:15] | had the charges knocked down to a misdemeanor, | 把控告判定为品行不端 |
[36:18] | recommended probation, and sealed the records. | 建议缓刑 把记录封存 |
[36:21] | That’s a touching story, but I don’t see | 这是个感人的故事 但我不明白 |
[36:23] | what a random attorney has to do with these proceedings. | 随便某律师和本次的品行考核有什么关系 |
[36:26] | She’s not talking about a random attorney. | 她说的不是随便某律师 |
[36:28] | She’s talking about me. | 她说的是我 |
[36:31] | But just because I showed compassion once | 但仅仅因为我曾展现恻隐之心 |
[36:33] | doesn’t mean he deserves it now. | 并不意味着现在他也值得我这么做 |
[36:35] | Maybe he doesn’t. | 也许他是不值得 |
[36:37] | But that young woman is now an ER doctor. | 但现在那个年轻女人成了一位急诊室医生 |
[36:39] | She saves lives. | 她能救人性命 |
[36:41] | And the world’s a better place | 因为你拯救了她的世界 |
[36:42] | because you saved hers. | 她也让世界变得更好 |
[36:45] | Thank you, Ms. Pearson. Mr. Ross? | 谢谢你 皮尔逊女士 罗斯先生 |
[36:54] | I don’t think I can add anything to that. | 我认为我没有什么可多说的了 |
[36:58] | I’ve made my case. | 我已阐明了所有理由 |
[37:00] | I leave the choice to you. | 决定权在你们手中 |
[37:04] | Then this hearing has concluded. | 本次听证会结束 |
[37:06] | We will deliberate and let you know our decision by day’s end. | 我们审议后会在今天之内给予你答复 |
[37:10] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[37:22] | So what do we do now? | 我们现在要做些什么 |
[37:24] | They said they would let us know by the end of the day. | 他们说了会在今天之内给出答复 |
[37:27] | So we wait. | 那我们就等着吧 |
[37:28] | Well, it is the end of the day, which means… | 今天已经结束了 也就意味着… |
[37:29] | It doesn’t mean anything, Louis. | 这并不意味着任何事 路易 |
[37:30] | Whatever’s going on in there, | 不管那边进行得怎么样 |
[37:32] | Seidel’s gonna fight like hell. | 赛德尔都会竭力争取的 |
[37:33] | It’s not gonna make a difference. | 这也改变不了什么 |
[37:36] | She’s never gonna change her mind. | 安妮塔·吉布斯绝不会改变她的心意 |
[37:39] | – I think she will. – What do you mean? | -我认为她会的 -这是什么意思 |
[37:41] | I mean that story wasn’t any old story, | 我意思是那个故事并不只是个好故事 |
[37:44] | and that woman wasn’t really a woman. | 故事里的主角也不是一个女人 |
[37:46] | It was a man named Joseph O’Neal. | 而是一个叫约瑟夫·奥尼尔的男人 |
[37:48] | And it was Walter Samson’s godson. | 他是沃特·山姆森的教子 |
[37:51] | – So she did call in a favor. – Yeah, she did. | -所以她确实找了关系 -是的 |
[37:54] | Then we need to get her kicked off that board. | 那我们得把她从委员会剔除 |
[37:56] | No, Harvey. We don’t. | 不 哈维 我们不需要 |
[37:58] | Because I didn’t fly all the way down here | 因为我大老远飞过来 |
[37:59] | to strong-arm that woman. | 不是为了强迫她 |
[38:01] | And I know the story of the wind and the sun. | 而且我知道太阳和风的故事 |
[38:02] | What the hell are you talking about? | 你说什么呢 |
[38:04] | She’s talking about Aesop’s fable. | 她在说一则伊索寓言 |
[38:05] | Which basically says that if you want to get a man | 故事是如果你想让人 |
[38:07] | to take off his coat, you don’t blow it off. | 脱掉衣服 吹冷风是没用的 |
[38:10] | You make him feel warm, and he’ll take it off on his own. | 必须给他温暖 才能让他自己脱掉 |
[38:12] | That’s not a strategy; it’s a prayer. | 这不是解决办法 这是祈祷 |
[38:14] | Louis, I already admitted that I knew about Mike, | 路易 我已经承认了我知道迈克的事 |
[38:17] | and I reminded her of her own compassion. | 也唤起了她的同情心 |
[38:20] | That’s the best we’re going to do. | 这是最好的办法了 |
[38:22] | You know they could disbar you for that. | 你知道他们可能会吊销你律师执照的 |
[38:24] | In New York, they might. | 在纽约 他们可能会 |
[38:25] | In Chicago, nobody’s gonna care. | 但在芝加哥 没人会关心的 |
[38:28] | Thank you, Jessica. | 谢谢你 杰西卡 |
[38:29] | Don’t thank me. Thank Harvey. | 别谢我 谢哈维 |
[38:31] | He’s the one that called me. | 是他叫我回来的 |
[38:34] | It’s Seidel. | 是赛德尔打来的 |
[38:37] | Hello. | 你好 |
[38:42] | I’ll tell him. | 我会转告他的 |
[38:45] | Thanks for calling. | 感谢来电 |
[38:51] | You’re in. | 你进了 |
[38:56] | Oh, my God. It happened. | 我的天呐 梦想成真了 |
[39:05] | I’m gonna go get us some champagne. | 我去开瓶香槟庆祝 |
[39:08] | Thank you so much. | 太感谢你了 |
[39:12] | Thank you for flying in. | 谢谢你赶来 |
[39:14] | I wouldn’t miss this for the world. | 我怎么会错过 |
[39:30] | You said you had to go to the bathroom a half hour ago, | 半小时前你说要去洗手间 |
[39:32] | but you never came back for your champagne. | 但却一直没回来喝香槟 |
[39:36] | I know. | 我知道 |
[39:38] | Louis, what’s wrong? | 路易 出什么事了 |
[39:40] | You never asked me how it went with Tara, | 你都没问过我塔拉那边怎么样了 |
[39:42] | telling her about Mike. | 毕竟我把迈克的事告诉她了 |
[39:43] | I’m so sorry. | 真对不起 |
[39:45] | I just got caught up with the hearing. | 我最近一心扑在听证会的事上 |
[39:48] | The thing is, I… | 就是 我… |
[39:50] | I told her. | 我告诉她了 |
[39:52] | We got into a huge fight. | 我们大吵一架 |
[39:54] | And she said she needed to think about | 她说她要考虑一下 |
[39:56] | whether or not she could forgive me. | 看能不能原谅我 |
[39:57] | – And? – She just called | -然后呢 -她刚打给我了 |
[39:59] | when Harvey was giving us the news about Mike. | 就在哈维跟我们说迈克的事的时候 |
[40:01] | Left a 15-second voicemail. I’m afraid to listen to it. | 给我留了个十五秒的留言 但我不敢听 |
[40:05] | Louis… | 路易 |
[40:06] | She’s either gonna tell me that she never wants to see me again | 要不就是要跟我说她再也不想见到我了 |
[40:08] | or she wants to make up. | 要么就是要和好 |
[40:10] | Do you want me to listen for you? | 你想让我替你听吗 |
[40:13] | No. But I’d like it if you stay with me while I do. | 不想 但我想我听的时候你陪着我 |
[40:17] | Of course. | 没问题 |
[41:19] | What’s that? | 这是什么 |
[41:20] | I wanted to give you a present. | 我想给你一份礼物 |
[41:21] | Your first year’s salary in advance. | 提前把你第一年的工资给你 |
[41:24] | – Welcome back. – Harvey, I’m running out of ways | -欢迎回来 -哈维 我已经不知道 |
[41:26] | to tell you I don’t want to be a corporate lawyer. | 该怎么告诉你我不想做企业律师了 |
[41:27] | Before you answer, | 在你给我答复之前 |
[41:28] | you might want to take a look at this check. | 先看看这张支票吧 |
[41:30] | – You’re trying to bribe me. – I’m trying to close you. | -你这是贿赂 -我只是想套牢你 |
[41:32] | – I told you– – Yeah, I get it. | -我跟你说了… -我知道 |
[41:34] | You want to do good. | 你想做好事 |
[41:35] | Well, you really want to do good? | 你要是真想做好事 |
[41:37] | Donate half of this to the clinic. | 把这笔钱捐的一半去诊所 |
[41:39] | You’ll fund the place for a year. | 够他们用一年了 |
[41:40] | Oh, so that’s what you think I’m all about. | 你以为我是想做这种好事 |
[41:41] | – Just giving money. – No. | -就光捐钱 -不是 |
[41:43] | But I think you’re about more than just working at that place. | 但我觉得你该做的好事绝不止在那里工作 |
[41:45] | – And you know it. – What are you talking about? | -你自己也知道 -你在说什么 |
[41:47] | I’m offering you a deal. One for you, one for me. | 我提出了个交易 为你 也为我 |
[41:51] | You can save the spotted owls, stop global warming, | 你可以拯救花斑猫头鹰 阻止全球变暖 |
[41:54] | and help as many damsels in distress as you like. | 受苦的女性想解救多少就解救多少 |
[41:57] | And the good news is, you’ll be doing it from here. | 好消息是 这些好事 你会在这里做 |
[42:00] | What makes you think I’d take you up on that? | 你为什么觉得我会答应 |
[42:01] | Because here’s the thing, Mike. | 因为 迈克 |
[42:03] | You wanna be here, and you know it. | 你想要在这里的 你自己也清楚 |
[42:05] | That’s not true– | 不是的… |
[42:06] | I saw the look on your face when you strong-armed Palmer | 我看见了你脸上是怎样的神情 |
[42:09] | and you took on Seidel and every other talented attorney | 当你完胜帕默时 挑战赛德尔时 |
[42:12] | you’ve beaten over the years. | 打败每一个才华横溢的律师时 |
[42:14] | And I told you this once before. | 我之前就告诉过你 |
[42:15] | This is the major leagues. | 这里是职业玩家的地盘 |
[42:17] | You don’t get this feeling anywhere else. | 这种成就感你在别的地方是找不到的 |
[42:18] | And I’m offering you the best of both. | 现在你想要的我都能给你 |
[42:31] | Why are you giving me a peace sign? | 你为什么要给我比和平手势 |
[42:33] | – Double it. – What? | -要双倍 -啥 |
[42:34] | I don’t wanna just fund the clinic for a year. | 赞助诊所一年 不够 |
[42:36] | I wanna fund it for two. | 我要两年的赞助 |
[42:38] | And while we’re at it, I want some left over | 除了这个 还得有剩的钱 |
[42:39] | for a little something nice for me and the wife-to-be. | 给我和我未来的老婆买点好的 |
[42:42] | – That’s all it’s gonna take? – Oh, not even close. | -就这样就够了吗 -差得远呢 |
[42:44] | I wouldn’t have it any other way. | 那是当然 |
[42:46] | Any case I want to bring the clinic on to, | 我想给诊所什么案子 |
[42:47] | – I can. – Done. | -就给什么案子 -成交 |
[42:48] | Anyone I want to bring over from the clinic, I can. | 我想从诊所带什么人 就带什么人 |
[42:51] | Louis doesn’t get a say, you don’t get a say, | 路易说了不算 你说也不算 |
[42:53] | – no Harvard rule. – Done. | -取消只要哈佛生的规定 -成交 |
[42:56] | And there’s one more thing, and you’re not gonna like it. | 还有一件事 但你不会喜欢的 |
[43:00] | You are not getting my office. | 你别想要我的办公室 |
[43:01] | Oh, yes, I am. And I will tell you why. | 我不仅要 还要告诉你为什么该给我 |
[43:03] | – Why? – ‘Cause she’s gone, Harvey. | -为什么 -因为她走了 哈维 |
[43:07] | And she’s not coming back. | 而且她不会再回来了 |
[43:10] | It’s time for you to take the reins. | 是时候由你掌权了 |