时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:01] | I’m offering you a deal– one for you, one for me. | 我的条件是 一个给你一个给我 |
[00:05] | You are not getting my office. | 我的办公室不给你 |
[00:06] | Oh, yes, I am ’cause she’s gone, Harvey. | 你会给我 因为她走了 哈维 |
[00:08] | It’s time for you to take the reins. | 你该掌权了 |
[00:09] | I’m here to ask you out. | 我来约你 |
[00:11] | As of this morning, I’m the head of my firm, | 从今早起 我是公司的老板了 |
[00:12] | and, when I thought of sharing that with someone, | 当我去想该跟谁分享这一切时 |
[00:14] | I thought of you. | 我想到了你 |
[00:16] | One dinner. | 就一顿饭 |
[00:16] | I figured out what I want, | 我知道我想要什么了 |
[00:17] | and I want to be a partner at this firm. | 我想做律所的合伙人 |
[00:19] | All I’m asking is for a seat at the table. | 我只求一个决策的位置 |
[00:21] | I’ll have to ask Louis about it. | 这我得跟路易商量 |
[00:22] | You’re afraid to take responsibility for this firm, | 你害怕挑起这间律所的担子 |
[00:25] | and you won’t admit it to yourself! | 而且你不愿意承认 |
[00:27] | You told me that you’re now head of the firm. | 你跟我说你已经是公司老大了 |
[00:28] | I am–I just haven’t told Louis yet. | 确实是 只是我还没告诉路易 |
[00:30] | I think this may have been a mistake. | 我觉得这次见面也许是个错误 |
[00:31] | You don’t think I’ve had fantasies | 你以为我对你就没抱过幻想吗 |
[00:33] | that one day you’d take me in your arms and kiss me? | 幻想着你把我拥入怀中 开始吻我 |
[00:35] | Those fantasies weren’t of a man who’s still too afraid | 在这些幻想中我不再是一个仍然害怕 |
[00:37] | to take control of a firm that bears his name. | 承认自己需要帮助的男人的心理医生 |
[00:39] | I’m not giving up my associates! | 我是不会放手我的新律师的 |
[00:41] | That’s enough. | 够了 |
[00:42] | Donna asked for a seat at the table, | 唐娜要求在管理层有一席之位 |
[00:43] | and I gave her one. | 我同意了 |
[00:44] | You don’t make her goddamn senior partner. | 但你不能就这样把她抬为高级合伙人 |
[00:46] | If Jessica were here, she’d tell you to do the same exact thing. | 假如杰西卡在 她也会和我做法一样 |
[00:48] | Jessica isn’t here, but I am. | 杰西卡不在了 但我在 |
[00:50] | I think I know what you may need. | 但我想我知道你需要的是什么 |
[00:52] | If you’re telling me that I need to talk to Tara… | 假如你是想说我得去和塔拉谈谈… |
[00:54] | You were gonna get married. | 你本来都要结婚了 |
[00:56] | That can’t all end over a voicemail. | 不能仅凭一通语音留言就结束这一切 |
[00:59] | I know we haven’t spoken. | 我知道我们一直没再联系 |
[01:01] | I just really need to see you tonight. | 我今天真的很需要见你一面 |
[01:31] | The sunrise is beautiful from up here. | 在这里看日出真美 |
[01:34] | To be honest, I can’t remember the last time I saw the sun rise. | 老实说 我都不记得上次看日出是什么时候了 |
[01:37] | Really? | 真的 |
[01:39] | It takes something pretty special | 得有点什么非常特别的事 |
[01:42] | to get me up before 7:00 a.m. | 才能让我早上7点起床 |
[01:48] | As I recall, I was pretty special last night. | 我记得 我昨晚就很特别 |
[01:52] | There–you surprised me again. | 你又让我惊喜了 |
[01:55] | You know, the truth is I’m a little surprised by all this myself. | 事实上 这一切让我也有点意外 |
[01:59] | What do you mean? | 什么意思 |
[02:00] | Well, I mean, you disappear for nearly a year, | 意思是 你消失了将近一年 |
[02:03] | and then, one day, you suddenly show up in a ’57 Chevy– | 然后 突然有一天你开着雪佛兰57就来了 |
[02:06] | ’72 Ferrari, but, yeah. | 是法拉利72 不过好吧 |
[02:09] | And you sweep me off my feet. | 你让我倾倒 |
[02:11] | And I liked it. | 而且我喜欢这样 |
[02:13] | That’s good ’cause I wasn’t sure you would. | 很好 我原本不确定你会不会喜欢 |
[02:16] | Of course you weren’t. You don’t really know me yet. | 当然了 你还不真的了解我 |
[02:21] | Till yesterday, we’d spent about 50 hours together, | 到昨天为止 我们共度了大概50个小时 |
[02:24] | and we’d spent most of them talking about you. | 而我们大部分时间都在谈你 |
[02:26] | I know, and that’s what I love about our relationship. | 是啊 这就是我喜欢我们恋情的地方 |
[02:33] | – Harvey… – Paula… | -哈维 -宝拉 |
[02:36] | Before you say what I think you’re gonna say, | 你说我觉得你想说的话之前 |
[02:38] | let me say | 让我说 |
[02:41] | you may know me better than anyone. | 你或许比任何人都了解我 |
[02:43] | And now I’d like to get to know you too. | 现在 我也想了解你 |
[02:46] | I’d like that. | 那好啊 |
[02:56] | I guess what I’m trying to say is I acted irrationally, | 我猜我想说的是 我采取了不理智的行为 |
[02:59] | but please, Tara, if you could just give me another chance… | 但是求你 塔拉 只要再给我一次机会 |
[03:05] | I promise you that I will never let you down again. | 我保证 我再不会让你失望了 |
[03:11] | You know you can’t say that, Louis. | 你知道你不能这么说 路易 |
[03:13] | Wait, I’m sorry, what? This is my role play. | 抱歉 什么 这是我的角色扮演 |
[03:14] | I can say whatever the hell I want. | 我想说什么就能说什么 |
[03:16] | And we’ve talked about you making bold proclamations | 我们谈过你对自己的行为提出 |
[03:18] | about your own behavior. | 大胆宣告的事了 |
[03:20] | What does that have to do with this? | 那跟这有什么关系 |
[03:21] | You just promised to never let Tara down again. | 你刚保证绝不会再让塔拉失望 |
[03:24] | That is unrealistic. | 这是不切实际的 |
[03:25] | What happens when you inevitably break that promise? | 当你不可避免地打破这一承诺时会怎样 |
[03:28] | I’ll apologize and promise I’ll never do it again. | 我会道歉 并保证再不那么做了 |
[03:30] | And you don’t see a problem with that pattern? | 你看不出这模式的问题吗 |
[03:32] | What I see, Dr. Lipschitz, | 我看到的是 利普希茨医生 |
[03:34] | is we’re 46 minutes into this session, | 我们的谈话已经进行了46分钟 |
[03:36] | and I haven’t gotten closure yet. | 我还没有得到我的”了结” |
[03:38] | Louis, we spent seven years on the fact | 路易 我们就你母亲 |
[03:40] | that your mother made you wear Esther’s hand-me-ups. | 逼你穿埃斯特的旧衣服的事谈了七年 |
[03:43] | You’re not getting closure in 50 minutes. | 你50分钟内是得不到了结的 |
[03:46] | Well, then what the hell am I paying you for? | 那我付钱给你做什么 |
[03:49] | Okay, Louis. | 好吧 路易 |
[03:52] | What’s really going on here? | 究竟发生什么事了 |
[03:55] | It’s not about Tara. | 不是因为塔拉 |
[04:02] | It’s–It’s about the baby. | 是孩子 |
[04:06] | I’m just worried I’ll never be a father. | 我担心我永远做不了父亲 |
[04:12] | I think that’s a good place for us to pick up next week. | 我觉得下周我们正好可以从这里讲起 |
[04:17] | – What the fu–? – Louis, calm down. | -搞什么 -路易 冷静 |
[04:18] | No, I just told you my deepest fear | 不 我刚把我最深的恐惧告诉了你 |
[04:20] | is that my clock is running out, | 那就是我的时间不多了 |
[04:21] | and all you care about is your precious time? | 而你只在乎你的宝贵时间 |
[04:23] | Has it ever occurred to you that you don’t have a clock | 你有没有想过 你没有时限 |
[04:26] | and can have children whenever you want? | 你什么时候都能要孩子 |
[04:28] | Well, that sounds like a load of crap coming from a guy | 你好意思说这种屁话 |
[04:30] | who’s looking at his clock. | 你还在看表呢 |
[04:31] | What about your idol, Tony Randall? | 你的偶像托尼·兰道尔呢 |
[04:38] | Oh, my God. | 天呐 |
[04:40] | Tony Randall fathered his first child at 77. | 托尼·兰道尔第一个孩子是他77岁时出生的 |
[04:42] | Doc, this is fantastic. | 医生 这太棒了 |
[04:44] | So you’re good till next week. | 所以 下周前你没问题了 |
[04:46] | What, are you nuts? I’m teetering. | 你疯了吗 我都要崩溃了 |
[04:47] | Clear up tomorrow, all afternoon. | 取消明天一下午的预约 |
[04:52] | I was at work. | 我当时在单位 |
[04:54] | It was the kids’ daycare calling. | 孩子的日托所打来 |
[04:57] | Shannon never showed up. | 香农没去 |
[04:59] | And then what happened? | 然后呢 |
[05:00] | Then the police called. My world ended. | 然后警方来电话了 我的世界终结了 |
[05:04] | And one month later, | 一个月后 |
[05:05] | I got a letter from the insurance company | 我收到了保险公司的来信 |
[05:07] | saying Shannon lied on her application. | 说香农在申请时撒谎了 |
[05:10] | About what? | 关于什么 |
[05:12] | They’re claiming she was a smoker. | 他们说她吸烟 |
[05:14] | – Was she? – No, she quit five years ago, | -是这样吗 -不 她五年前就戒了 |
[05:17] | and she was totally up-front about it. | 而且这事她早说了 |
[05:18] | So then why would they think she lied on her application? | 那他们为什么认为她申请时撒谎了 |
[05:22] | Because of this. | 因为这个 |
[05:26] | It’s a picture of Shannon at her cousin’s wedding. | 这是香农在她亲戚婚礼上的照片 |
[05:28] | They sent it to me along with her denied claim. | 他们跟索赔拒付信一起寄来的 |
[05:30] | Please tell me this picture is over five years old. | 请告诉我这照片是五年前的了 |
[05:33] | It was taken eight months ago. | 是八个月前的 |
[05:35] | They must’ve gone into her Facebook page. | 他们肯定是看了她的脸书主页 |
[05:37] | Shit. | 该死 |
[05:39] | It was one cigarette, and I gave her hell for it. | 就那么一根烟 我还狠狠地说她了 |
[05:41] | It doesn’t matter if it was one or a hundred, | 那无所谓 不论是一根还是一百根 |
[05:43] | it’s enough for them to claim her policy is null and void. | 他们足以凭此称她的保单无效 |
[05:45] | My wife died in a car accident, Mr. Ross. | 我妻子死于了车祸 罗斯先生 |
[05:49] | She was a healthy 39-year-old woman. | 她是个健康的39岁女人 |
[05:51] | She died rushing from her job to pick up our children. | 她因为赶着下班接孩子而死 |
[05:55] | What the hell does any of this have to do with smoking? | 这跟抽烟有什么关系 |
[05:57] | It shouldn’t have anything to do with it, | 是不该有任何关系 |
[05:59] | but this company is not in the business of helping people. | 但是这家公司的使命不是帮助他人 |
[06:02] | It’s in the business of making money. | 而是挣钱 |
[06:04] | So if they can find any reason not to honor a claim, | 如果他们能找到理由拒付 |
[06:07] | they’ll take it. | 他们就会抓住机会 |
[06:10] | Without that insurance money, we’re gonna lose our home. | 没有保险的赔付 我们会失去房子 |
[06:14] | Please–my children have lost enough. | 求你 我的孩子已经失去够多了 |
[06:22] | I’ll find a way. | 我会想办法的 |
[06:26] | *See the money, wanna stay for your meal* | *看到钱 就愿意留下吃饭* |
[06:29] | *Get another piece of pie for your wife* | *给你太太再拿块馅饼* |
[06:33] | *Everybody wanna know how it feel* | *所有人都想知道那感觉* |
[06:36] | *Everybody wanna see what it’s like* | *所有人都想见见那景象* |
[06:39] | *I’ll even eat a bean pie, I don’t mind* | *豆子馅饼我也愿吃 我不在乎* |
[06:43] | *Me and Missy is so busy, busy making money* | *我和妹子忙着赚钱* |
[06:47] | *All right* | *好了* |
[06:48] | *All step back, I’m ’bout to dance* | *退开点 我要跳舞* |
[06:54] | *The greenback boogie* | *美钞爵士摇摇摇* |
[07:04] | I didn’t know anybody was moving in here. | 我不知道有人要搬进来了 |
[07:05] | It looks great. | 看起来不错 |
[07:06] | Well, as it turns out, we’re getting ourselves a new partner, | 是这样 我们将会请一个新合伙人 |
[07:09] | and they needed a new office, so. | 那人也需要一个新办公室所以 |
[07:11] | New partner? That’s fantastic. | 新合伙人 太棒了 |
[07:13] | Shows we’re back on our feet. | 说明我们已经重新站稳了 |
[07:14] | What firm are they from? | 那人是哪家律所来的 |
[07:16] | – This one. – I don’t understand. | -这家 -没听懂 |
[07:18] | That’s ’cause it hasn’t been announced yet, | 只是因为他们还没宣布罢了 |
[07:20] | but you’re looking at the newest senior partner | 不过你现在正注视着皮尔逊- |
[07:22] | at Pearson Specter Litt. | 斯佩克特-利特的新高级合伙人 |
[07:26] | Congratulations, Donna. You must be thrilled. | 恭喜你唐娜 你一定很开心 |
[07:28] | I am. | 我是很开心 |
[07:30] | And I know what you’re thinking– | 我也知道你现在在想什么 |
[07:32] | how can a secretary be made a partner? But– | 一个小秘书怎么能当合伙人呢 但 |
[07:34] | I wasn’t thinking that, Donna. | 我不会这么想的唐娜 |
[07:36] | I know how hard you work | 我知道你工作有多努力 |
[07:37] | and how much you mean to this firm and everyone in it. | 也知道你对这间公司和这里的每个人意义重大 |
[07:41] | Thanks, Katrina. | 谢谢你 卡特里娜 |
[07:42] | You’re welcome. I’ll let you get back to work. | 不客气 你忙吧 |
[07:50] | All I’m saying is I think you’re rushing it. | 我只是说你太操之过急了 |
[07:52] | And I’m saying that, when you overthrow a dictator, | 而且 当你推翻了一个独裁者之后 |
[07:55] | you don’t leave their statue up in the square. | 你不应该还把他们的雕像留在广场上 |
[07:57] | You tear it the hell down. | 你应该连雕像都清除 |
[07:59] | You don’t think that this sends a message | 你不认为这么说其实是告诉了大家 |
[08:01] | that you have something to prove? | 你还需要证明你自己吗 |
[08:02] | Harvey, do you remember Arthur Reeves? | 哈维 你还记得阿瑟·里夫斯不 |
[08:06] | You mean the guy who played Superman? | 你说扮演超人的那个演员 |
[08:08] | That was George Reeves. | 那是乔治·里夫斯 |
[08:09] | Arthur Reeves founded this firm. | 阿瑟·里夫斯创建了这家律所 |
[08:12] | And when Gordon, Schimdt, and Van Dyke ran him out of town, | 当高登 斯密特和范·戴克把他赶出律所时 |
[08:14] | they didn’t just tear his name off the wall. | 他们不单单只是把他墙上的名字拿掉 |
[08:17] | They called his biggest client | 还打给他最大的客户滚蛋 |
[08:18] | and told them to pack up their shit and find another firm. | 自己找个新律所 |
[08:22] | What’s your point? | 你想说什么 |
[08:23] | My point is they wanted the world to know | 我想表达他们希望大家都知道 |
[08:26] | there was a new sheriff in town, | 新掌门人来了 |
[08:27] | and the message that sends isn’t that you have something to prove– | 这行为传达的不是你需要证明自己 |
[08:30] | it’s that you’re in charge. | 而是你已经掌控一切了 |
[08:34] | And you’re staying that way. | 而且会继续掌控下去 |
[08:59] | Hope you don’t mind I took the liberty of hanging that. | 希望你不要介意我擅自把它挂起来了 |
[09:02] | Let me guess– it’s your last official act as my secretary. | 我猜猜 是你作为我秘书的最后一件事 |
[09:06] | I told you once before I wouldn’t leave you high and dry. | 我以前告诉过你我不会丢下你不管的 |
[09:10] | Thanks, Donna. | 谢谢你 唐娜 |
[09:11] | You’re welcome, Harvey. | 不客气 哈维 |
[09:14] | And speaking of not being your secretary anymore… | 说到不再是你秘书这件事 |
[09:21] | This is a press release announcing my partnership. | 这是宣布我当合伙人的新闻稿 |
[09:23] | It’s more than just a press release. | 它不单单只是一个新闻稿 |
[09:24] | It’s a statement to the world. | 它是给整个世界的宣言 |
[09:28] | I’ll take a look at it later. | 放着好了我等下会看 |
[09:32] | Do you mean, like, later this afternoon | 你是指下午看还是 |
[09:33] | or later, like, after you go see Dr. Agard? | 等你去看阿加德医生之后 |
[09:37] | – What? – Harvey, the last time I stopped being your secretary, | -什么 -哈维 上次我不想当你秘书时 |
[09:40] | you started having panic attacks, | 你就开始惶恐发作 |
[09:42] | and I’m not saying that’s gonna happen again, | 我不是说你这次会重蹈覆辙 |
[09:43] | but you just got a look on your face, | 然而你的表情刚刚暴露了 |
[09:45] | and I wanna make sure you’re okay with all of this. | 而且我想确保这一切你是支持的 |
[09:47] | I’m okay with it, Donna. | 我没意见的 唐娜 |
[09:48] | I’ll get you what you need to issue that release, | 我会打点好你所有需要发布新闻稿的一切 |
[09:50] | but, right now, I gotta make a statement of my own. | 但现在 我发表我自己的宣言 |
[09:59] | What can I do for you, Mr. Ross? | 有什么能够帮到你呢 罗斯先生 |
[10:00] | Well, you can start by writing a check to Harry Kirst. | 不如从给哈利·克里斯特开支票开始 |
[10:03] | – You don’t waste time, do you? – No, I don’t. | -你不是来浪费时间的吧 -不是的 |
[10:05] | So why don’t you cut my client a check for $300,000, | 那不如你给我客户30万 |
[10:08] | and I’ll withdraw this lawsuit I haven’t filed yet. | 然后我撤回尚未上诉的案件 |
[10:12] | Mr. Ross, I’m afraid there’s been a little misunderstanding here. | 罗斯先生 恐怕你有一些理解失误 |
[10:15] | We’re not looking to settle. | 我们没想要庭外和解 |
[10:17] | Then why the hell did you set this meeting? | 那你约我开什么会 |
[10:18] | Cause it’s policy to meet with our clients | 程序所需 我们需要和客户见面 |
[10:21] | and try to resolve their issues. | 为解决他们的问题作出尝试 |
[10:22] | Okay, well, my client’s issue is you’re not honoring his claim | 好 我客户的问题是你们不遵守和他的合同 |
[10:25] | so he can’t support his children. | 导致他无法继续抚养小孩 |
[10:26] | Yes, and I’m very sorry about that, | 对此我感到非常抱歉 |
[10:27] | but my hands are tied. | 然而我无能为力 |
[10:31] | I get it. | 我懂 |
[10:33] | Your policy is to give people the runaround | 你们的政策就会推诿责任 |
[10:35] | so they get demoralized and drop their case. | 令他们大受打击然后撤诉 |
[10:37] | No, Mr. Ross, our policy is to follow the letter of our contracts, | 不 罗斯先生 我们的政策是照章办事 |
[10:40] | and, if we let one person who lied on their application | 如果我们纵容客户在申请表上撒谎 |
[10:42] | get away with it, | 还能拿到赔偿的话 |
[10:43] | we wouldn’t have a business anymore. | 我们不用做生意了 |
[10:45] | Look at me. | 看着我 |
[10:47] | I’m not some personal injury lawyer, all right? | 我不是什么民事人身伤害小律师好吧 |
[10:49] | I work at Pearson Specter Litt. | 我是皮尔逊-斯佩克特-利特律所的 |
[10:50] | I’m not gonna get worn down. | 我不会善罢甘休的 |
[10:52] | So I suggest you just cut me a check. | 所以我建议你们赔钱了事 |
[10:55] | Save yourself the trouble of me wiping the floor with you in court. | 你们也无需在公堂上被我弄得颜面无光 |
[11:00] | As I said, my hands are tied, | 我说过了 我无能为力 |
[11:02] | but it won’t be me you’ll be going up against in court. | 但是我不会是和你对簿公堂的那个 |
[11:03] | It’ll be our outside counsel, Mr. Ackerman. | 外聘律师阿克曼先生才是和你打擂台的 |
[11:06] | And, from what I’ve seen, | 而且就我所知 |
[11:08] | nobody wipes the floor with Mr. Ackerman. | 没有人不会在阿克曼先生面前败下阵来 |
[11:17] | Nice office. | 你的办公室不错啊 |
[11:18] | Mine’s better. | 不过我的更好 |
[11:20] | Isn’t that the same line you used | 你不是用过这句台词了 |
[11:21] | when you thought your Ferrari was better than my Cobra? | 在你觉得你的法拉利比我的眼镜蛇好的时候 |
[11:23] | It was better. | 它确实比较好啊 |
[11:25] | And a good line never gets old. | 而且好台词总不会过时的 |
[11:26] | Tell that to your hairline. | 怎么不和你日渐高耸发际线说 |
[11:28] | Tell that to your waistline. | 怎么不和你日渐松弛的腰际线说 |
[11:31] | Good to see you, Harvey. | 好久不见 哈维 |
[11:32] | What brings you down? | 什么风把你吹过来了 |
[11:34] | I’m here to finish a conversation we started years ago. | 想和你结束掉我们几年前开始过的对话 |
[11:37] | Well, I know you’re not coming over here, | 我知道你不会来这里工作 |
[11:39] | so you must be talking about me working over there. | 那你一定是想说让我到你那边去了 |
[11:41] | What if I am? | 若我正有此意呢 |
[11:42] | I’d say “Which one of my clients are you after?” | 我会问”你想要我的哪一个客户” |
[11:43] | because we both know you can’t have Pfizer. | 因为我们都清楚你不能把辉瑞制药拿走 |
[11:45] | Yes, I can. | 不 我可以 |
[11:48] | Are you telling me you’re ready to drop | 你的意思是你为了挖我 |
[11:49] | Jessica’s oldest client just to get me? | 而准备放弃掉杰西卡最早的客户吗 |
[11:51] | That’s what I’m telling you. | 我就是这个意思 |
[11:54] | Why now? | 为什么现在出手 |
[11:55] | Because Jessica’s gone, so now I can. | 因为杰西卡走了 所以如今我能够这么做了 |
[12:01] | – Then make me name partner. – What? | -那你得让我当冠名合伙人 -什么 |
[12:04] | This isn’t about Jessica’s gone so now you can– | 这事不在于杰西卡走了所以你有权力了 |
[12:06] | this is about Jessica’s gone, | 而是在于杰西卡走了 |
[12:07] | so now you wanna tell the world that you’re not her. | 所以如今你想告诉全世界你不是她 |
[12:09] | And that’s not about hiring me. | 而且你的重点也不是挖我 |
[12:11] | That’s about getting my client. | 而是想要我的客户 |
[12:12] | Alex, this is a win/win. | 亚历克斯 这是双赢 |
[12:14] | I don’t poach. You come over. We have fun. | 我不偷偷挖你墙角 你过来 你我都开心 |
[12:16] | But I’m not gonna just give you the run of the place. | 但我不会就这么轻易让你掌控我的地盘的 |
[12:18] | Then I’m not coming. | 那我就不去了 |
[12:19] | Because my name is going up on this wall within a year. | 因为一年之内我的名字就能上这里的墙 |
[12:21] | And Pfizer’s not leaving me. | 而辉瑞制药也不会离开我 |
[12:23] | – Alex– – You always say you’re the better poker player. | -亚历克斯… -你总说你牌技比我好 |
[12:25] | Well, not today, | 但今天可不是这种情况 |
[12:26] | because I’m all in, and you got nothing. | 因为我赌注全下了 而你手里根本没牌 |
[12:29] | So either add my name to your letterhead | 所以要么让我当冠名合伙人 |
[12:32] | or take your chips and go home. | 不然就带着你的筹码回家吧 |
[12:36] | Your Honor, they can dress this up all they want, | 法官大人 随他们如何狡辩 |
[12:39] | but the fact is the deceased entered into a contract in bad faith | 但事实就是死者签订合同时主观有恶意 |
[12:42] | by claiming she was no longer a smoker. | 她谎称自己不再吸烟了 |
[12:44] | The only fact here is that they’re manufacturing a reason | 场上唯一的事实就是他们捏造了一个理由 |
[12:47] | to weasel out of a legitimate claim. | 来逃避合理的索赔 |
[12:48] | Are you gonna tell the court that we manufactured | 你是在向庭上声称我们捏造了这张 |
[12:50] | this picture of your client smoking eight months ago? | 你客户在八个月之前吸烟的照片吗 |
[12:53] | I’m well aware of the photo that you sent a grieving husband, | 我十分清楚你们送给那位悲伤的丈夫的照片 |
[12:56] | but an image of a woman not inhaling a cigarette | 但一张并没有显示该女子在吸烟的照片 |
[12:58] | doesn’t prove anything. | 并不能说明什么 |
[12:59] | She lied on her application. | 她在申请的时候撒谎了 |
[13:01] | Which had nothing to do with how she died. | 这和她的死因毫无关系 |
[13:03] | And manner of death isn’t at issue here. | 但她的死因并非我们的诉讼焦点 |
[13:04] | – The contract is. – He’s got a point. | -合同才是 -他说得有道理 |
[13:06] | Your Honor, they’re claiming that my client | 法官大人 他们声称我的客户 |
[13:08] | entered into a policy in bad faith. | 签订合同时主观上有恶意 |
[13:11] | Well, what kind of faith is it when a company | 那当一家公司翻遍了一名女子的社交媒体记录 |
[13:12] | pores through a woman’s social media history | 只为了欺负她的丈夫和三个孩子时 |
[13:15] | just to stick it to her grieving husband and three children? | 他们算是想打什么主意 |
[13:17] | Better faith than a man that pretended to be an attorney | 总比一个在过去三年里 |
[13:19] | for the better part of three years. | 假冒律师的人强 |
[13:21] | What are you talking about? | 这话什么意思 |
[13:23] | Your Honor, this is Mr. Ross’ Harvard diploma. | 法官大人 这是罗斯先生的哈佛学位证 |
[13:26] | The only problem is Mr. Ross never actually went to Harvard. | 问题是罗斯先生根本就没上过哈佛 |
[13:30] | The only place he did graduate from was Danbury Federal Prison | 他倒是在丹伯里联邦监狱待过 |
[13:34] | where he spent time for impersonating a lawyer. | 服刑原因就是冒充律师 |
[13:37] | All right, that is inadmissible and irrelevant. | 够了 这完全是无用且无关的信息 |
[13:39] | You’re claiming bad faith. Your whole life is bad faith. | 你说我们恶意 你的整个人生都充满恶意 |
[13:42] | I think a jury should have a chance to hear that. | 我觉得陪审团应该了解这一点 |
[13:43] | Your Honor, this– | 法官大人 这简直… |
[13:44] | Your motion to dismiss is denied, Mr. Ackerman, | 我拒绝你驳回诉讼的请求 阿克曼先生 |
[13:47] | but, Mr. Ross, I am inclined to agree | 但是 罗斯先生 我倾向于认为 |
[13:50] | that your history is relevant to this case, which means, | 你的过往和本案相关 这就意味着 |
[13:53] | if he wants to bring it up at trial, | 假如他想把这点拿到庭审上去说 |
[13:55] | I’m not stopping him. | 我是不会制止他的 |
[14:01] | So that’s how you’re gonna play it? | 你就是打算玩这招吗 |
[14:03] | Excuse me? | 什么 |
[14:04] | You’re not gonna give me | 你现在不打算告诉我 |
[14:05] | your real settlement offer right now? | 你们实际能出的和解费吗 |
[14:07] | I have no idea what you’re talking about. | 我完全不明白你在说什么 |
[14:09] | Bullshit–I knew there was a reason that woman | 放屁 我就知道那女的之前没给我报价 |
[14:11] | didn’t give me an offer before. | 是有原因的 |
[14:12] | Now I know it’s because you wanted me to see that. | 现在我明白了 是因为你想让我目睹那一幕 |
[14:14] | Now that you mention it, I did take the liberty | 既然你提到这个 我确实利用职权 |
[14:16] | of whipping up a little standard boilerplate. | 设定了一个小小的和解条件 |
[14:18] | No admission of guilt, you settle for pennies on the dollar, | 不承认过错 你们就能获得一点点和解费 |
[14:20] | and that’s take it or leave it. | 一口价 |
[14:21] | Well, then let me tell you right now we’re leaving it. | 那我现在就告诉你 我们不接受 |
[14:23] | You’re required to present this to your client. | 你有义务把我们的报价告知你的客户 |
[14:25] | Well, I’m also required to give them my legal opinion, | 我也有义务向他们提供法律意见 |
[14:28] | which is that you stand to lose a lot more than that. | 告诉他们你们败诉后给的钱会比这多得多 |
[14:30] | Maybe you missed what just went on back there. | 也许你没注意到刚刚在里面发生了什么 |
[14:32] | What went on back there is the judge ruled in my favor, | 刚刚在里面法官支持了我的诉讼请求 |
[14:35] | and you didn’t get your case dismissed. | 而你没能成功地驳回诉讼 |
[14:36] | He also showed his hand. | 同时他也表态了 |
[14:38] | Now, how do you think 12 jurors are gonna rule | 当12名陪审团成员发现审理此案的人 |
[14:40] | when it’s plain as day that the guy hearing the case | 显然根本都不信任你时 |
[14:42] | doesn’t even trust you? | 你觉得他们会如何判 |
[14:54] | – Good, you’re here. – Of course we are. | -很好 你们都到了 -当然了 |
[14:57] | When the managing partner calls a meeting, | 管理合伙人召开会议 |
[14:58] | the rest of the partners show up. | 所有合伙人都得出席 |
[15:00] | So what’d you want to talk about? | 你想和我们谈些什么 |
[15:02] | I wanna talk about bringing on Pfizer as a client. | 我想谈谈把辉瑞制药拉来当我们的客户的事 |
[15:04] | Harvey, I’m sure you already know this– | 哈维 我相信你清楚这一点 |
[15:05] | that would mean dropping Jim Reynolds. | 那样意味着放弃吉姆·雷诺兹 |
[15:07] | I think that’s the point, | 我想这就是重点 |
[15:08] | and I think it’s a great idea, Harvey. | 而且我觉得这个主意棒极了 哈维 |
[15:09] | Pfizer’s ten times the size of Jim Reynolds, | 辉瑞制药的规模是吉姆·雷诺兹的十倍 |
[15:11] | and Jessica’s always been stubborn about him. | 但杰西卡在这件事上一直很固执 |
[15:13] | Good, because, in order to do that, | 那就好 因为要想达成这个目的 |
[15:14] | we need to make Alex Williams a name partner. | 我们得让亚历克斯·威廉姆斯当冠名合伙人 |
[15:17] | – What? – Who do you think’s bringing Pfizer over here in the first place? | -什么 -你以为把辉瑞制药拉过来的人是谁 |
[15:20] | So then give him a corner office with a killer view | 那就给他一件有无敌风景的拐角办公室啊 |
[15:23] | because I’m not gonna do something like that | 因为我是不会让一个我都不怎么认识的人 |
[15:25] | – for someone I barely know. – Harvey– | -当冠名合伙人的 -哈维… |
[15:26] | Well, I’ve known him for 15 years, | 我和他认识了15年了 |
[15:28] | and I’m vouching for him. | 我为他作担保 |
[15:29] | I don’t care if you came out of the womb with him. | 就算你和他是一个娘胎里出来的 |
[15:31] | You don’t just slap somebody’s name | 你不能为了拉到一个客户 |
[15:32] | on the wall to get a client. | 就随便把某个人的名字拍上墙 |
[15:33] | I’m not just slapping his name up, Louis. | 我不仅仅是把他的名字拍上墙 路易 |
[15:35] | I’m making a move. | 我在做正式动议 |
[15:36] | – Harvey– – Hey, that’s enough. | -哈维… -够了 |
[15:37] | I asked you last night if you had any problems with me calling the shots, | 我昨晚问了你们对我当老大有没有意见 |
[15:41] | and you said you didn’t. | 你说没有 |
[15:41] | Now, are you on board with this or not? | 你到底同不同意 |
[15:46] | Okay, Harvey, I’m on board. | 好吧 哈维 我同意 |
[15:54] | Ah, there you are. I need your help. | 终于找到你了 我需要你帮忙 |
[15:56] | And you can have it after I’ve enjoyed | 在我安安静静地吃完我的火腿三明治后 |
[15:59] | my ham sandwich in peace. | 我就可以帮你的忙了 |
[16:00] | Nope, sorry, that ham’s gonna have to wait. | 不行 不好意思 你得等等再吃了 |
[16:02] | Harvey is about to make some stranger name partner. | 哈维要让某个陌生人当冠名合伙人了 |
[16:04] | What? Louis, you must’ve misunderstood something. | 什么 路易 你一定是搞错了 |
[16:07] | Gretchen, I heard him clear as a frickin’ bell. | 格蕾琴 我听得真真切切 |
[16:10] | He wants one of the guy’s clients, name partnership | 他想要这家伙的一个客户 冠名合伙人 |
[16:13] | is the price, and I think it’s a huge mistake. | 则是代价 我认为这是个天大的错误 |
[16:15] | – Well, did you tell him that? – Yes, of course, | -那你有那么告诉他吗 -当然说了 |
[16:17] | but he couldn’t hear me. | 但是他听不进去 |
[16:18] | And I told him last night that I would back his decisions. | 我昨晚告诉他我会支持他的决定的 |
[16:20] | Which means you want me to find out as much dirt | 也就是说你想让我去尽可能多的 |
[16:23] | as I can on the sucker so you can convince Harvey | 找到那个人的黑料 这样你就可以说服哈维 |
[16:25] | not to hire him. | 不要雇佣他 |
[16:26] | Exactly, so let’s move this little piggy to the market | 正是这样 所以请你赶紧出手 |
[16:28] | – and go– – Not gonna happen, Louis. | -去… -那是不可能的 路易 |
[16:30] | Gretchen, did you not hear what I just said? | 格蕾琴 你没有听到我刚刚说的吗 |
[16:31] | I heard you. Have you never heard the saying | 我听到了 你没听过 |
[16:33] | “There’s more than one way to skin a cat”? | “要剥猫皮 不只一法”的说法吗 |
[16:35] | You mean “Stuff a cat.” | 你是说”要喂饱猫”吧 |
[16:36] | Why would I mean “Stuff a cat”? | 我为什么要说”要喂饱猫” |
[16:38] | Because they are glorious creatures, | 因为他们是美好的生物 |
[16:40] | and only a barbarian would skin one. | 只有野蛮人才会剥猫的皮 |
[16:41] | Louis, your brain is not right. | 路易 你的思考方式不对 |
[16:44] | My point is, if Harvey wants this man’s client, | 我的意思是 如果哈维想要这个人的客户 |
[16:48] | there has to be another way to get them. | 一定还有别的办法可以得到他们 |
[16:51] | Holy shit. You’re right. | 天啊 你说得对 |
[16:53] | If I can get Pfizer, Harvey doesn’t even have to bring | 如果我能拉到辉瑞这个客户 哈维甚至根本 |
[16:56] | this clown to the firm at all. | 都不用把这个小丑招到公司里了 |
[16:58] | Strap in, Gretchen, because we’re about to get | 系上安全带 格蕾琴 因为我们要 |
[17:00] | elbow-deep into stuffing the shit out of this cat. | 撸起袖子 把这只猫喂到吐 |
[17:03] | And I’m out. | 我走了[没法吃了] |
[17:09] | I don’t understand. | 我不明白 |
[17:10] | I mean, I get that the offer is horrible, | 我是说 我知道这个报价很糟糕 |
[17:13] | but if the judge is letting this thing go to trial, | 但是如果法官允许这案子上庭 |
[17:15] | he must think I have a case. | 他一定认为我是有案可立的 |
[17:17] | You do have a case, Harry. | 的确是这样 哈利 |
[17:20] | But the lawyer on the other side of this thing has made it clear | 但是对方律师很明确 |
[17:22] | that he is willing to pull out all of the stops, | 他会使尽浑身解数 |
[17:24] | no matter how low. | 无论多么低级 |
[17:25] | They already used the photo of Shannon. | 他们已经用了香农的照片 |
[17:27] | What else do they have? | 他们还有什么 |
[17:30] | – Me. – What are you talking about? | -我 -什么意思 |
[17:33] | Look, I am a fully-licensed member of the bar now, | 我现在是个完全获得许可的律师协会的一员 |
[17:35] | but, before I was, I– | 但是在这之前 我… |
[17:39] | I was practicing law without a license, and I got caught. | 我是无证上岗 并且被逮到了 |
[17:42] | And you didn’t think I should know that? | 你不觉得应该告诉我吗 |
[17:43] | I didn’t think that it would be relevant. | 我不认为那和案子有关 |
[17:44] | It sure as hell seems relevant. | 现在看来是肯定有关了 |
[17:46] | They are just trying to prejudice the jury against me– | 他们只是想要陪审团对我产生偏见 |
[17:47] | They’re going to be prejudiced against you–I’d be. | 陪审团肯定会偏见的,我就会 |
[17:49] | I’m telling you that I can still win this. | 我还是可以赢下这个案子的 |
[17:51] | Still win? They’re gonna make it seem like | 还是可以赢 他们要让这案子看起来像是 |
[17:54] | Shannon lied on purpose, and then I went out | 香农故意撒谎 之后我去 |
[17:55] | and hired a liar to cover it up. | 雇了个骗子来掩饰 |
[18:03] | If you want someone else to handle this, | 如果你想把案子交给别人 |
[18:04] | I… completely understand. | 我完全理解 |
[18:09] | The only problem with that is I went to 15 firms | 唯一的问题是 在我找你之前 |
[18:12] | before I came to you, | 我去了15家律所 |
[18:15] | and none of them would take my case because of that photo. | 因为那张照片 没有一家愿意接我的案子 |
[18:21] | You were my last hope, Mr. Ross, | 你是我最后的希望了 罗斯先生 |
[18:23] | and now you’re telling me we’re gonna lose. | 现在你告诉我我们要输了 |
[18:26] | No, Harry. | 不 哈利 |
[18:29] | I am promising you that I will not cost you this case. | 我向你保证 我不会让你输掉这个案子的 |
[18:36] | Good, Donna, you’re here. | 很好 唐娜 你在这 |
[18:37] | I’m gonna need someone to draw up a contract for Alex, and– | 需要有人来起草亚历克斯的合同 |
[18:39] | Harvey, I don’t think we should drop Jim Reynolds. | 哈维 我觉得我们不应该放弃吉姆·雷诺兹 |
[18:42] | – What? – I understand what you’re doing, | -什么 -我理解你在做什么 |
[18:43] | but I think that maybe you’re rushing into it. | 但是我觉得也许你有点太着急了 |
[18:45] | I’m not rushing, Donna. I’m being decisive. | 我不着急 唐娜 我只是很果断 |
[18:48] | Then you need to tell Jessica before you do it. | 那么在你这么做之前你得告诉杰西卡 |
[18:50] | Tell Jessica? | 告诉杰西卡 |
[18:52] | I’m doing this to show people that this is my firm now. | 我这么做是为了宣布现在这是我的律所了 |
[18:55] | Asking Mommy’s permission isn’t part of the plan. | 寻求妈咪的许可并不在计划之中 |
[18:57] | Well, is it also part of the plan | 那么向你剩下的长期委托人 |
[18:59] | that you signal to the rest | 发出如果遇到更大的委托人 |
[19:00] | of our long-term clients | 你就会弃他们不顾的信号 |
[19:01] | that you’ll just throw them over for the next big thing? | 也在计划之中吗 |
[19:03] | Where the hell is this coming from? | 你到底怎么了 |
[19:04] | What do you mean “Where is this coming from?” | 什么叫”你到底怎么了” |
[19:05] | You made me a partner. I’m saying my piece. | 你让我当合伙人 我在说我的看法 |
[19:08] | That’s what the meeting was for. | 那是开会的作用 |
[19:09] | Well, maybe you didn’t notice, but you and Louis were having | 也许你没发现 但是你和路易 |
[19:12] | – a private meeting. – Well, you know what, Donna? | -是在单独会谈 -你知道吗 唐娜 |
[19:14] | You had the balls to ask for a seat at the table. | 你有胆量要上桌的资格 |
[19:16] | So the next time you have something to say, | 那下一次你有什么要说的 |
[19:18] | have the balls to say it at the goddamn meeting. | 有胆量在会议中说出来 |
[19:33] | How’d it go in court? | 今天在庭上怎么样 |
[19:36] | Not great. | 不怎么样 |
[19:38] | No, don’t tell me the judge agreed to dismiss the case. | 不会吧 别告诉我法官同意撤销这个案子 |
[19:43] | The lawyer on the other side somehow got a copy | 对方律师不知怎么搞到了 |
[19:45] | – of my fake diploma. – Mike, that’s bullshit. | -我假文凭的副本 -迈克 这就是扯淡 |
[19:47] | Your history has nothing to do with this case. | 你的过往和这个案子没有任何关系 |
[19:50] | I know that, but he got the judge on his side, | 我知道 但是他让法官向着他那边了 |
[19:52] | and he’s gonna try and do the same thing with the jury, | 他也会试着对陪审团故技重施 |
[19:54] | and my own client barely trusts me. | 我的委托人也不太相信我 |
[19:56] | Okay, what are you gonna do? | 好吧 你准备怎么做 |
[19:59] | I was wondering if you would take over the case for me. | 我想你能不能为我接手这个案子 |
[20:04] | If that’s what you want, then I would be honored to. | 如果你想这么做的话 我很荣幸 |
[20:16] | Alex, I’m glad you called. | 亚历克斯 很高兴你能打电话来 |
[20:18] | We’re still working out the paperwork– | 我们还在做文书工作 |
[20:20] | If you’re still working on the paperwork, | 如果你们还在做文书工作 |
[20:21] | how come I just found out you’re trying to poach my client? | 为什么我刚发现你们在挖我的客户 |
[20:23] | – What? – Don’t bullshit me. | -什么 -别跟我打哈哈 |
[20:25] | Kevin Bauer told me that PSL called | 凯文·鲍尔告诉我皮尔逊-斯佩克特-利特 |
[20:27] | to set an appointment, | 打电话预约见面 |
[20:28] | and it sure as hell wasn’t to tell my own client | 当然不是告诉我的客户 |
[20:30] | that I’m going to be name partner at your firm. | 我要去你的律所当冠名合伙人了 |
[20:33] | God damn it. | 该死 |
[20:34] | You’re telling me you had nothing to do with this? | 你是说你和这件事没有关系吗 |
[20:35] | That’s exactly what I’m telling you. | 我就是这个意思 |
[20:37] | Then get your shit together | 那你最好想点办法 |
[20:38] | and either make this thing happen or not | 要么搞定 要么拉倒 |
[20:40] | ’cause I went out on a limb for you once before. | 但我之前为你担过一次风险 |
[20:42] | I’m not about to let the same thing happen again. | 我不会让同样的事情再发生一次 |
[20:49] | Did you set a meeting with Pfizer? | 你安排和辉瑞见面了 |
[20:51] | Harvey, you don’t understand. | 哈维 你不理解 |
[20:52] | What I understand is you were on board | 我的理解是你一开始同意 |
[20:54] | with bringing Alex over, and then you tried | 把亚历克斯拉过来 接着你又去 |
[20:56] | – to poach his client. – It’s not like that. | -偷他的客户 -不是这样的 |
[20:58] | I knew what you really wanted was Pfizer, | 我知道你想要的其实是辉瑞 |
[20:59] | – so I tried to make it happen. – No, Louis, what I really | -所以我才想办成这件事 -不 路易 |
[21:02] | wanted was to bring over my friend who I’ve known | 我想要的是把我认识了十五年的 |
[21:05] | – for the last 15 years. – Yeah? | -朋友带过来 -是吗 |
[21:07] | Well, what about what this friend thinks? | 那就不管你的朋友我怎么想了 |
[21:09] | We already had that discussion, | 我们已经讨论过这件事了 |
[21:10] | and then you went behind my back. | 然后你又背着我做这样的事 |
[21:11] | Maybe because it was stupid of you to offer your friend | 那也许是因为你提议任命你朋友 |
[21:14] | – name partner in the first place. – Excuse me? | -来做合伙人很愚蠢 -你说什么 |
[21:16] | What kind of genius negotiator gives away the house | 什么样的天才谈判人会一开始 |
[21:19] | – from the start? – Louis– | -就放弃控制权 -路易… |
[21:21] | No, you want Pfizer? | 别说了 你想要辉瑞 |
[21:23] | You go get Pfizer. | 你去拿辉瑞 |
[21:25] | But don’t you bring in some Johnny-come-lately | 但是不要随便带进来什么新人 |
[21:27] | and water down the name of this firm. | 稀释公司的质量 |
[21:29] | You don’t give a shit about watering down this firm. | 你才不在乎稀不稀释公司质量 |
[21:31] | You’re scared of watering down your place in it. | 你是怕自己被人挤下去 |
[21:34] | I’m not afraid of a third-rate lawyer. | 我才不怕什么三流律师 |
[21:35] | Bullshit, you’re afraid and you’re jealous. | 胡说 你不仅害怕 你还嫉妒 |
[21:38] | – And this entire firm knows it. – Now there’s no need | -而且整间公司都知道 -现在没有必要 |
[21:40] | to be jealous because he’s not coming here. | 嫉妒 因为他不会来了 |
[21:42] | Yes, he is. | 他会来的 |
[21:43] | Well, then why don’t you try reading the by-laws? | 那你应该去读一下公司章程 |
[21:46] | Because in order to make someone name partner, | 因为要任命合伙人 |
[21:48] | you need my vote or Jessica’s vote, and if you think | 你需要我投票或者杰西卡投票 如果你以为 |
[21:51] | she is going to ditch her oldest client to bring in | 她会为了什么根本不认识的人 |
[21:53] | someone she doesn’t even know, you’re out of your goddamn mind. | 抛下她最老的客户 那你才是疯了 |
[22:01] | Harvey, do you have a minute? | 哈维 能给我一分钟吗 |
[22:03] | That’s about all I have. | 我也就只有这么点时间了 |
[22:04] | Okay, I was wondering if it would be okay | 好 我想问问能不能 |
[22:08] | if I took over Mike’s pro bono case. | 让我接迈克的无偿服务案 |
[22:11] | – What? – Something came up. | -什么 -出事了 |
[22:13] | He asked me if I could do it. | 他问我能不能接 |
[22:15] | – I–I wanted to get your permission first. – No. | -我 我想先征得你的同意 -不行 |
[22:19] | Why not? | 为什么不行 |
[22:20] | Because I made a deal with Mike, not you. | 因为和我达成协议的是迈克 不是你 |
[22:22] | Now, you wanna tell me what’s really going on here? | 现在你想告诉我到底怎么回事吗 |
[22:25] | Because Mike’s not giving away | 因为除非迈克昏迷了 |
[22:26] | his first case unless he’s in a coma. | 否则绝不会放弃他的第一个案子 |
[22:29] | The lawyer on the other side outed Mike as a fraud. | 对方律师说迈克是诈骗犯 |
[22:32] | – Meaning? – He brought out Mike’s Harvard diploma, | -什么意思 -他拿出了迈克的哈佛学位证 |
[22:34] | and he prejudiced the judge. | 让法官对他产生了偏见 |
[22:35] | So Mike thinks if he hands the case over to you, | 所以迈克认为如果他把案子推给你 |
[22:37] | he takes that weapon out of their hands. | 对方律师就不能用这个武器了 |
[22:38] | – Yes. – Well, now it’s a definite no. | -是的 -这下我是坚决不同意了 |
[22:40] | Why does that make it a definite no? | 为什么就成坚决不同意了 |
[22:42] | Because I said so. | 因为这是我的决定 |
[22:43] | Harvey, can you at least talk to Mike? | 哈维 你能至少和迈克谈谈吗 |
[22:45] | No, I can’t. | 不 我不能 |
[22:46] | – Why not? – Because I got a plane to catch. | -为什么 -因为我要赶飞机 |
[22:52] | You wanted to talk to me? | 你有事找我 |
[22:53] | What gave it away? The nine texts or the 16 messages? | 你从哪看出来的 九条短信还是十六条留言 |
[22:56] | I was on a plane. | 我刚刚在飞机上 |
[22:57] | Yeah, well, I’m in your old office wondering why you even | 而我在你以前的办公室里思考 |
[22:59] | gave it to me if you’re not gonna let me make | 如果你都不让我做简单人员安排 |
[23:00] | simple personnel decisions. | 为什么还要把办公室给我 |
[23:02] | Mike, if you let this asshole bully you, you’re gonna be | 迈克 如果你让这个混蛋欺负了你 |
[23:04] | backing down for the rest of your life. | 那你以后见谁都得让步 |
[23:05] | I’m not backing down. I am buying time | 我没有在让步 我是在争取时间 |
[23:08] | so that I can stop this bullshit from ever happening again. | 以避免以后再发生这种事 |
[23:11] | You don’t need time. I have a way. | 你不需要时间 我有办法 |
[23:13] | Stop apologizing and start intimidating. | 停止道歉 开始威胁 |
[23:16] | Well, that’s a hell of a slogan, Harvey, | 标语很好 哈维 |
[23:17] | but what does it actually mean? | 但这到底是什么意思 |
[23:19] | It means you go out, you find a reporter, | 意思是你现在出去 找个记者 |
[23:21] | and you take control of the narrative. | 你说出你的故事 |
[23:23] | Instead of a lying fraud, | 成为一个赎罪的英雄 |
[23:24] | you’re a hero fighting for redemption. | 而不是撒谎的骗子 |
[23:26] | I don’t have time to change my image. | 我现在没时间改变我的形象 |
[23:29] | Look, if I lose this case, | 听着 如果我输了这个案子 |
[23:31] | the only article that’s gonna get written is that I never | 唯一写出来的文章会是 |
[23:33] | should have been able to practice law in the first place. | 我一开始就不该做律师 |
[23:35] | Yeah, well, if you can’t figure out a way to win | 如果你想不出不用瑞秋帮忙 |
[23:37] | without Rachel’s help, then maybe I shouldn’t have | 就能赢的办法 那也许我一开始 |
[23:39] | brought you back in the first place | 就不应该让你回来 |
[23:40] | because I’ve had about enough of having every employee | 因为我已经受够了我的每一位员工 |
[23:44] | I have question every decision I make. | 质疑我做的每一个决定 |
[23:53] | I thought we were gonna meet at the restaurant. | 不是说餐厅见吗 |
[23:55] | I got down here early. | 我提前过来了 |
[23:58] | Manhattan doesn’t have views like this. | 曼哈顿没有这样的景色 |
[24:00] | Thanks for making the time to see me, Jessica. | 谢谢你腾出时间来见我 杰西卡 |
[24:04] | I will always make time to see you, Harvey. | 我永远会为你腾时间 哈维 |
[24:06] | Especially after you’ve flown all the way out here | 尤其是你都特意飞到这边来 |
[24:08] | – to put the screws to me. – Louis called you, didn’t he? | -逼我就范了 -路易打电话给你了对吗 |
[24:11] | About an hour after your plane took off. | 大概在你飞机起飞一小时后 |
[24:13] | Then you’ve already heard his side of the story– | 那你已经听了他那个版本的故事了 |
[24:14] | And I don’t need to hear yours. | 我不需要听你的版本 |
[24:17] | – Jessica– – Harvey, I understand | -杰西卡 -哈维 我明白 |
[24:19] | wanting to make a statement, but, you rush into this, | 你想声明所有权 但你要仓促行事 |
[24:22] | the only statement you’re making is that you’re not ready. | 你唯一能说明就是你还没准备好 |
[24:24] | I can’t believe this. | 我真不敢相信 |
[24:26] | My first act as managing partner, | 这是我作为经营合伙人的 |
[24:28] | and you’re cutting my legs out from under me. | 第一个决定 你却要来个釜底抽薪 |
[24:30] | I’m not cutting anything out. | 我不是要釜底抽薪 |
[24:31] | I’m trying to help you. You can’t give out name partner | 我是想帮你 你不能把冠名合伙人头衔 |
[24:34] | like it’s Halloween candy. | 当万圣节糖果去发 |
[24:36] | That doesn’t sound like help. That sounds like I’m a child– | 这听着不像要帮我 而是把我当孩子 |
[24:38] | Harvey, you do this, what’s gonna happen | 哈维 如果你这次让步 下次 |
[24:41] | the next time you wanna bring someone over? | 你再想带人过来会怎么样 |
[24:43] | I’ll tell you what happens– you’re going to get rolled | 我告诉你会怎么样 你会被迫就范 |
[24:46] | because you haven’t thought this through. | 因为你没看清楚这件事 |
[24:48] | You know what I think? | 你知道我怎么想吗 |
[24:49] | I think this has nothing to do with my decision. | 我想这跟我做什么决定没关系 |
[24:52] | You’re pissed I’m dumping your client for a better one. | 是我为更大的客户抛弃你的客户让你生气 |
[24:54] | No, Harvey, that’s something you’d be pissed about | 不 哈维 你才会为这种事生气 |
[24:57] | because you’ve never been able to look at the big picture. | 因为你从来就没有大局观念 |
[25:00] | Well, how’s this for big picture? | 我告诉你我的大局观念 |
[25:01] | I think you want it both ways. | 那就是你想要鱼与熊掌兼得 |
[25:03] | And what the hell is that supposed to mean? | 这话什么意思 |
[25:04] | It means you want to live here | 意思是你既想待在这边 |
[25:05] | and keep your name on my wall because you’re not ready | 又想把名字留在我律所的墙上 因为 |
[25:08] | to let go of my firm. | 你还不愿放手我的律所 |
[25:10] | Well, if that’s how you really feel, | 如果你真这么想 |
[25:11] | then take my name off your goddamn wall, | 那就把我的名字拆下来 |
[25:14] | and then you can do whatever the hell you want. | 然后爱干什么干什么 |
[25:35] | Hey, I hope you don’t think I forgot about our dinner. | 你可别以为我忘了我们约好的晚餐 |
[25:38] | Yeah, I don’t, but I’m afraid I have to reschedule. | 没有 只是我恐怕得换个时间 |
[25:42] | Sure, any time is good for me. | 好的 我随时都有空 |
[25:45] | Thanks for being understanding. | 谢谢你的理解 |
[25:47] | And, for the record, I was really looking forward | 而且我要说 我很期盼 |
[25:49] | to getting to know each other better. | 我们能进一步加深了解 |
[25:51] | So was I. | 我也是 |
[25:54] | But the truth is I guess I’m glad we’re rescheduling. | 但说实话 我很高兴我们换时间 |
[25:57] | I didn’t want to end up focusing on myself | 我不想像上次那样 |
[25:58] | like I did the last time. | 只关注我自己的事 |
[26:01] | Why, is something going on? | 怎么 发生什么事了吗 |
[26:03] | It’s not a big deal. | 没什么 |
[26:04] | Harvey, you can talk to me about it. | 哈维 你可以跟我说说 |
[26:06] | – But you said before– – I know what I said before, | -但你之前说过… -我知道 |
[26:09] | – but this is different. – How? | -但这次不同 -怎么不同 |
[26:11] | Because you heard me, and you respected my wishes, | 因为接受了我的话 尊重了我的意愿 |
[26:14] | which means instead of me listening to you as your therapist, | 说明我不再只是听你说话的心理医生了 |
[26:16] | you know, I’ll be listening to you as your… | 我愿意听你说话 作为你的… |
[26:20] | Not therapist. | 不是心理医生的人 |
[26:21] | – Yes. – Look at this, | -是啊 -看看 |
[26:24] | even when we cancel, I feel like I’m getting to know you better. | 虽然取消见面 我感觉反而更了解你一些了 |
[26:28] | Me too. | 我也是 |
[26:30] | So are you gonna tell me what’s going on? | 那你要告诉我出什么事了吗 |
[26:32] | You know what? | 其实 |
[26:35] | Now that I just talked to you, | 我们这通电话后 |
[26:38] | I feel like I can work it through myself. | 我感觉我好像可以自己解决了 |
[26:40] | Good. | 很好 |
[26:43] | Good night, Harvey. | 晚安 哈维 |
[26:49] | – You busy? – You know I am, which means | -忙吗 -你知道我很忙 |
[26:51] | you wouldn’t be here if it wasn’t important. | 所以如果没有要紧事 你也不会来找我 |
[26:53] | You’re right. I talked to Harvey. | 没错 我跟哈维谈过了 |
[26:56] | – You changed his mind? – No, no. | -你让他回心转意了吗 -没有 |
[27:00] | He told me if I run from this, I’ll be running forever. | 他说如果我中途退缩 就会退缩一辈子 |
[27:03] | Look, I hate to say it, but he might have a point. | 虽然不想承认 但他说的有点道理 |
[27:06] | – He does. – So then why are you here? | -的确 -那你怎么还来找我 |
[27:09] | ‘Cause he got me thinking. The woman I first met over there | 因为他让我想到 我在那见的第一个 |
[27:12] | said they couldn’t let people like Harry and his wife get away | 女人说 他们不会让哈利和他的妻子这种人 |
[27:14] | with lying on their application | 在申请表上撒谎这种事上得逞 |
[27:16] | because they wouldn’t have a business anymore. | 否则他们生意就没法做了 |
[27:18] | Right, but they didn’t lie on their application. | 没错 但是他们没在申请表上撒谎 |
[27:19] | No, they didn’t. | 是 他们没有 |
[27:21] | But a company that thinks like that… | 但如果一家公司会这么想… |
[27:23] | Might have a policy of trying to not pay their claims at all. | 也许有完全逃避索赔的政策 |
[27:27] | Exactly. | 正是如此 |
[27:29] | So if we can prove that that’s the company’s real policy, | 所以只要我们证明这家公司的真正政策 |
[27:32] | we got ’em. | 那就赢定了 |
[27:32] | But, right, Mike, we can get all the subpoenas in the world, | 但是 不管我们申请多少传票 |
[27:34] | but they’re never going to hand over a smoking gun like that. | 他们也不会乖乖交出证据啊 |
[27:37] | No, they won’t. | 他们是不会 |
[27:40] | But I think you know someone who can get it for us | 但你认识一个不用传票就能帮我们 |
[27:41] | without issuing any subpoena at all. | 拿到证据的人 |
[27:49] | Ms. Cromwell, remember me? | 科伦维尔小姐 还记得我吗 |
[27:52] | Yes, unfortunately. If you’ll excuse me. | 很不幸还记得 失陪了 |
[27:55] | We have a job we’d like to offer you. | 我们有份工作给你 |
[27:58] | – Not interested. – You haven’t even heard what it is. | -没兴趣 -你都没听是什么工作 |
[28:01] | I don’t need to know what it is– | 我没必要知道… |
[28:03] | I don’t do business with people I don’t trust. | 我不跟信不过的人合作 |
[28:05] | – You’re a corporate spy. – Not anymore– | -你是企业间谍 -不再是了… |
[28:08] | ’cause the last mystery man she brought me said word | 因为她上次带过来的神秘人 |
[28:09] | wouldn’t get out about our little arrangement. | 保证说这件事不会传扬出去 |
[28:12] | Well, it did, so now I’m trying to make it as a legitimate headhunter, | 但还是传出去了 所以现在我是正当猎头 |
[28:15] | which pays about 10% of what I made before, | 挣的佣金只有以前的百分之十 |
[28:19] | so, if you’ll excuse me, I’m meeting with | 失陪 我几分钟后要见一位 |
[28:20] | an actual client in a few minutes. | 正经客户 |
[28:22] | Ms. Cromwell, please. | 科伦维尔小姐 拜托了 |
[28:23] | A mother of three was killed in a car accident, | 一位年仅39岁的年轻母亲车祸过世 |
[28:25] | and she was 39 years old. | 留下了三个孩子 |
[28:27] | Now her husband can’t support his children | 她的丈夫没钱抚养 |
[28:30] | because Acumen Insurance is trying to scam him out of their claim. | 因为聪明人保险公司企图拒绝赔付 |
[28:33] | What am I supposed to do about that? | 你们指望我做什么 |
[28:34] | This can’t be the first time they’ve done this. | 他们绝不是第一次这么做 |
[28:36] | And we’re betting that there isn’t a major corporation in this city | 我们敢肯定纽约没什么大企业 |
[28:39] | – that you don’t have access to. – Please. | -是你弄不到消息的 -求你了 |
[28:42] | You can help these people. | 你可以帮助他们 |
[28:44] | I don’t give a shit about helping people. | 我才不想帮别人 |
[28:46] | I give a shit about helping me, | 我只想帮自己 |
[28:49] | – which is why I want $50,000. – What? | -所以我要五万美元 -什么 |
[28:51] | I just told you– you cost me millions. | 我说了…你们害我损失惨重 |
[28:54] | – So if you want my help– – Okay, never mind. | -如果想要我帮忙 -算了 |
[28:56] | Mike, I knew this was a bad idea. | 迈克 我就知道这样行不通 |
[28:57] | – We’ll pay it. – Mike. | -我们可以支付 -迈克 |
[28:59] | Rachel, if she can get us something we can use, | 瑞秋 如果她真能搞到有用的东西 |
[29:01] | it’s worth it. It’ll come out of the settlement offer. | 这个钱就花的值 钱从和解提议中扣 |
[29:03] | Uh-uh, I want it up front. | 我要预支 |
[29:05] | And how do we know that you won’t take the money and say | 我们怎么知道你不会拿了钱 |
[29:07] | – that you couldn’t find anything? – You don’t, | -还说你什么也没找到 -你没法知道 |
[29:10] | but, given the fact that you’re still here, | 但你们还杵在这里 |
[29:12] | it doesn’t look like you have much of a choice. | 说明你们没有多少选择的余地 |
[29:16] | So how are you, Louis? | 最近怎么样 路易 |
[29:19] | Wanna know how I’m doing? I’ll tell you how I’m doing. | 想知道我怎么样 那我就好好说说 |
[29:21] | I tried focusing on my professional life | 我想把重心放在工作上 |
[29:22] | instead of my personal one, and it’s been a goddamn disaster. | 而不是个人私事 结果灾难一场 |
[29:25] | I take it your thoughts of Tara have been getting | 我想是因为你心里想着塔拉的事 |
[29:27] | – in the way of work. – What? | -妨碍了你的工作 -什么 |
[29:28] | No, I’m over her– she’s yesterday’s news. | 不 我已经忘了她 故事翻篇了 |
[29:31] | Your words make me think otherwise. | 听你的话好像不是这么回事 |
[29:32] | Well, how about you listen to these words: | 那你好好听听我的话 |
[29:34] | Harvey’s making his friend name partner. | 哈维要让他一个朋友做冠名合伙人 |
[29:36] | He’s accused me of being jealous, and I don’t know what to do. | 他还说是我在妒忌 我不知道怎么办 |
[29:39] | Are you jealous? | 那你是在妒忌吗 |
[29:40] | Of course I’m goddamn jealous! | 我当然妒忌死了 |
[29:43] | Louis, it’s natural for you to feel that way. | 路易 你有这种感觉很正常 |
[29:46] | You’ve worked hard to get where you are, | 你卖力工作才有了今天的地位 |
[29:48] | and a new person threatens your position in the firm. | 突然冒出一个人对你在律所的地位产生威胁 |
[29:51] | That’s not– That’s just not it. | 不是…不是这样的 |
[29:56] | The one silver lining of Jessica leaving | 杰西卡离开的唯一好处 |
[30:00] | was that I thought that Harvey would finally turn to me, | 就是我以为哈维终于能够重视我 |
[30:03] | not only as his partner, but as his friend. | 不仅作为合伙人 而且作为朋友 |
[30:07] | That’s not happening now because I’m being replaced. | 但这希望破灭了 因为我快被人替代了 |
[30:11] | And you’re scared of losing your friend. | 所以你在害怕失去朋友 |
[30:15] | What do I do? | 我该怎么办 |
[30:18] | I can’t tell you that, Louis, | 我无法告诉你答案 路易 |
[30:21] | but I can tell you | 但我要告诉你 |
[30:23] | it was your behavior that drove Tara away, | 是你的所作所为导致塔拉离你而去 |
[30:26] | and, if you keep letting your emotions dictate your behavior, | 如果你继续放任自己感情用事 |
[30:29] | you won’t need to worry about being replaced. | 也不用再担心被他人替代 |
[30:33] | You’ll drive Harvey away all by yourself. | 因为你自己就会亲手把哈维推开 |
[30:45] | I’m not sure I’ve ever seen you here this late. | 从来没见过你加班这么晚 |
[30:48] | New office, new hours. | 新办公室 新作息表 |
[30:52] | I guess so. | 我想也是 |
[30:54] | Katrina, whatever’s on your mind, | 卡特里娜 你想说什么 |
[30:57] | I recommend you just say it. | 直说就好 |
[31:00] | As you know, I’m on track to be a senior partner here. | 你知道 我在律所的目标是高级合伙人 |
[31:03] | In fact, it’s one of the main reasons I agreed to come back. | 事实上 这也是我答应回来的主要原因之一 |
[31:06] | I know. | 我知道 |
[31:07] | I’m not saying Donna doesn’t deserve a promotion– | 我不是说你不应该提拔唐娜… |
[31:09] | I know what she does as much as anyone. | 我跟所有人一样清楚她的功劳 |
[31:13] | I’m just saying making partner means something, | 我只是想说成为合伙人意义重大 |
[31:16] | and I’m concerned that being one here won’t mean what it used to. | 而我担心这个先例会破坏这个意义 |
[31:24] | What would you have me do? | 你想让我怎么做 |
[31:27] | I don’t know. I just thought, | 我不知道 我只是觉得 |
[31:29] | if I was thinking it, it occurred to me that others might be too, | 我有这个想法 那其他人可能也会这么想 |
[31:32] | and I thought you should know that. | 我觉得应该告诉你 |
[31:36] | Katrina, being a partner here will mean as much as it always has. | 卡特里娜 成为合伙人的意义将一如既往 |
[31:42] | I’ll make sure of it. | 我会保证这一点 |
[32:03] | I hope you came here to tell me | 我希望你是来告诉我 |
[32:04] | you got everything straightened out. | 你把事情都搞定了 |
[32:05] | I came here to tell you that the deal’s off the table. | 我来是想告诉你 我们的约定作废 |
[32:08] | What? | 你说什么 |
[32:10] | Name partner means something, and I can’t just give it away | 冠名合伙人意义重大 我不能 |
[32:14] | to make a statement. I never should’ve offered it to you | 为了立威随便给人 我最初就不该 |
[32:16] | – in the first place. – God damn it, Harvey. | -给你这个提议 -该死 哈维 |
[32:18] | This is the second time you’ve done this. | 这是你第二次放我鸽子了 |
[32:20] | And I’m sorry, Alex, but this is a take it or leave it offer. | 抱歉 亚历克斯 但这事没有商量 |
[32:25] | You can let me know in the morning. | 你可以考虑到明天 |
[32:31] | I’ll take it. | 我接受 |
[32:36] | I wasn’t really gonna make name partner in a year. | 我其实不可能在一年内成为冠名合伙人 |
[32:40] | Maybe not ever. | 也许永远成为不了 |
[32:43] | I know. | 我知道 |
[32:45] | How? | 你怎么知道 |
[32:46] | Because if they were really gonna do it in a year, | 因为如果他们真能一年内给你 |
[32:48] | you would’ve leveraged them to move it up | 在我离开你办公室那一刻 |
[32:50] | the second I left your office. | 你就会利用我的条件要他们现在就给 |
[32:52] | So why didn’t you call me on that before? | 那你之前为什么没揭穿我 |
[32:54] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[32:55] | Maybe it’s because I felt like I owe you, | 或许是因为我觉得亏欠你 |
[32:56] | or maybe because I wanted to prove to the world | 也或许是因为我想向外界证明 |
[32:59] | that I’m not Jessica. | 我不是杰西卡 |
[33:01] | Or maybe it’s because I wanted to work together. | 又或许是因为 我就是单纯想跟你共事 |
[33:05] | I’ll see you Monday, Harvey. | 我们周一见 哈维 |
[33:07] | See you Monday. | 周一见 |
[33:14] | I’ll get that. | 我来付吧 |
[33:15] | Keep your money, Mr. Ross. | 省省吧 罗斯先生 |
[33:17] | You’re gonna need it. | 你赚大钱的日子快到头了 |
[33:18] | I think, after you see this, | 我觉得等你看了这个 |
[33:19] | you’re gonna wanna save every nickel you have. | 恐怕一分钱都要掰成两半花了 |
[33:23] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[33:27] | Now, correct me if I’m wrong, but I believe that’s a memo | 如果错了请更正我 但我想这是 |
[33:30] | between Acumen senior management and their sales force | 欧酷曼公司高管及其销售人员的备忘录 |
[33:33] | outlining their policy of doing whatever it takes | 所列政策显示他们会不顾一切 |
[33:36] | to avoid paying claims. | 避免支付保险金 |
[33:37] | Well, this thing can be interpreted a dozen different ways. | 这可以从很多角度来解读 |
[33:40] | It doesn’t prove a thing. | 证明不了什么 |
[33:41] | But it proves that we’re not just talking about my client anymore. | 但它证明此事不再仅仅关乎我的委托人 |
[33:44] | You’re looking at a class action. | 你需要担心的是集体诉讼了 |
[33:45] | And if there’s one thing that a jury hates | 唯一能比冒牌律师 |
[33:46] | more than a fake lawyer, it’s an insurance company | 更招陪审团讨厌的 就是一家 |
[33:49] | that rips off widowers and children. | 剥削鳏夫和幼小的保险公司 |
[33:53] | – What do you want? – 50 million. | -你想要什么 -五千万 |
[33:55] | With an admission of guilt. | 同时保险公司认罪 |
[33:56] | No way, they won’t go for admission. | 不行 他们不可能认罪 |
[33:58] | Okay, then here’s what you’re gonna do instead. | 好吧 那你还有一条路可选 |
[34:02] | A reporter’s gonna call you. | 有记者会联系你 |
[34:04] | And when he does, you’re gonna tell him the story of | 然后你告诉他 你本以为 |
[34:06] | how you thought you were gonna wipe the floor | 可以羞辱一位冒牌律师 |
[34:08] | with this fraudulent attorney, but instead you ended up praying | 但结果是你开始祈祷 |
[34:11] | that you never go up against him again. | 永远不在庭上再遇到他 |
[34:15] | You knew they wouldn’t go for admission. | 你早知道他们不会认罪 |
[34:16] | You set me up. | 给我挖坑让我往里跳 |
[34:17] | Well, now that you mention it,I did. | 既然你这么说 我就不否认了 |
[34:22] | And that’s take it or leave it. | 一口价 没商量 |
[34:24] | Then I guess I’ll take it. | 那我接受吧 |
[34:25] | And leave out the part where you traded admission of guilt | 我就不提你为了给自己脸上贴金 |
[34:28] | in exchange for self-promotion. | 放弃公司认罪的事了 |
[34:29] | Don’t you dare say that to me. | 你没资格跟我说这种话 |
[34:33] | I’m not doing this for myself. | 我这么做不是为了自己 |
[34:35] | I’m doing it so that pieces of shit like you | 而是为了让你这样的混蛋 |
[34:37] | never try to use my history against my clients again. | 永远别再想利用我的黑历史攻击我的委托人 |
[34:48] | Louis, before you say anything… | 路易 在你开口前… |
[34:50] | Harvey, before you say anything, | 哈维 在你开口前 |
[34:51] | I just wanna say I’m sorry. | 我想先说声对不起 |
[34:54] | You were right. | 你是对的 |
[34:55] | I was jealous of Alex coming over here, but not because | 我是嫉妒亚历克斯来 但不是因为 |
[34:59] | – I’m afraid of another lawyer. – I don’t understand. | -我怕来自律师的竞争 -我没听懂 |
[35:01] | See, Harvey, I know you like to make fun of me, | 听着 哈维 我知道你喜欢拿我开心 |
[35:03] | and I know I might not mean as much to you | 我也知道也许我对你的意义并没有 |
[35:06] | as you mean to me, but you’re my friend, | 你对我的意义重大 但你是我朋友 |
[35:09] | and, because I don’t have many, that friendship | 而且我又没几个朋友 所以这份友谊 |
[35:12] | is important to me. | 对我来说很重要 |
[35:14] | You don’t have to worry about that, Louis. | 你不用担心这一点 路易 |
[35:15] | But I don’t want my behavior to drive a wedge between us, | 但我不希望我的行为导致我们产生隔阂 |
[35:19] | which means I accept Alex as name partner. | 所以我接受亚历克斯成为冠名合伙人 |
[35:24] | – About that, Louis… – I mean, it’s just gonna | -关于这点 路易… -这就像 |
[35:25] | have to be like when LeBron James joined the Miami Heat | 勒布朗·詹姆斯加入迈阿密热队的时候 |
[35:29] | when he and D-Wade worked it out with Chris Bosh. | 他和韦德是怎样跟克里斯·波什处理关系的 |
[35:31] | I thought you didn’t know anything about sports. | 我以为你对体育一窍不通 |
[35:34] | I stayed up all night trying to come up with the right analogy. | 我为了想个合适的类比熬了一整晚 |
[35:37] | And, if I’m not mistaken, they went on to | 而且如果我没记错 他们后来 |
[35:39] | win back-to-back Super Bowls. | 在超级碗杯取得了连胜 |
[35:42] | That they did. | 也没错 |
[35:44] | Louis, for what it’s worth, Alex is still coming, | 路易 不管怎样 亚历克斯还是要来 |
[35:47] | – but not as name partner. – Really? | -但他不会成为冠名合伙人 -真的吗 |
[35:48] | Yeah, you were right. | 是的 你说得对 |
[35:52] | We can’t water down the firm like that. | 不该这样稀释公司的质量 |
[36:03] | You’ve never knocked before. | 你以前从不敲门的 |
[36:05] | And you’ve never had a door before. | 你以前也没有办公室 |
[36:07] | I know, and it’s a good thing I do because– | 我知道 有门是件好事 因为… |
[36:10] | You can’t be a partner, Donna. | 你不能当合伙人 唐娜 |
[36:11] | What? | 什么 |
[36:14] | You can’t do that. | 你不能这样 |
[36:15] | I have to. I made a mistake. | 我不得不这样 我犯了个错误 |
[36:17] | Bullshit, I– I paid you $500,000. | 扯淡 我付了你五十万 |
[36:20] | You haven’t signed the partnership agreement yet, | 你还没签合伙协议 所以 |
[36:23] | so I can refund your money, and– | 我可以把钱退给你 然后… |
[36:24] | I don’t want a refund. I want what we agreed to. | 我不要退款 我要你说到做到 |
[36:27] | I can’t do that. | 我做不到 |
[36:29] | You are not a lawyer, and being partner at a law firm– | 你不是律师出身 而律所合伙人… |
[36:33] | it means something, inside the firm and out, | 是有意义的 在公司内外分量都不轻 |
[36:37] | which is why I wrote up a new release for you. | 所以我重新起草了一份新闻稿 |
[36:44] | This says “Director of Personnel.” | 你写的是”人事部部长” |
[36:46] | Everybody knows you’re great with people, | 大家都知道你对于人事管理很有一套 |
[36:47] | so it’ll play out there, but, between you and me– | 对外这样讲 但就你我而言… |
[36:49] | No, Harvey, I didn’t ask for partner just so I could | 不 哈维 我要当合伙人不是为了 |
[36:51] | keep being a superwoman behind closed doors, | 继续无名无份的做女超人拯救一切 |
[36:54] | but, to the rest of the world, be a glorified office manager. | 而在外人眼里只是个名头好的办公室主任 |
[36:57] | Partner is off the table, Donna. | 合伙人绝对不可能 唐娜 |
[37:01] | Then keep my buy-in and make me COO. | 那留着我的买进股资 我要当首席运营官 |
[37:03] | I can’t do that– that’s the same as a partner. | 这我也做不到 这和合伙人是一回事 |
[37:05] | No, it isn’t. Skadden and Zane | 不是 世达·赞恩 布莱顿·古尔德 |
[37:07] | and Bratton Gould all have COOs, and none of them are lawyers. | 都有首席运营官 而且都不是律师出身 |
[37:12] | How do you know that? | 你怎么会知道这些 |
[37:13] | ‘Cause I never thought you’d make me partner | 因为我一开始就知道 |
[37:14] | in the first place. | 你不会让我当合伙人 |
[37:20] | Okay, it’s a deal. | 好吧 成交 |
[37:21] | And I keep my vote. | 而且我要留着我的投票权 |
[37:23] | – Donna– – Within these walls, | -唐娜… -私底下 |
[37:24] | I have a seat at the table. Take it or leave it. | 仍然要有我的一席之地 一口价 |
[37:29] | I’ll take it. | 我接受 |
[37:36] | Thanks, Harvey. | 谢谢你 哈维 |
[37:39] | You’re gonna make a hell of a COO. | 你会是个很棒的首席运营官 |
[37:49] | And? How’d it go? | 怎么样 顺利吗 |
[37:52] | Out of the park. | 精彩极了 |
[37:55] | Got everything we wanted. | 我们想要的都拿到了 |
[37:58] | What do you say we go out and celebrate tonight? | 我们今晚出去庆祝一下怎么样 |
[38:01] | Well, we’re celebrating, but we’re not going out. | 我们要庆祝 但是不能出门了 |
[38:05] | What do you mean? | 什么意思 |
[38:08] | A reporter from “The Times” Is gonna be here in five minutes. | 《时代周刊》有个记者五分钟后就到 |
[38:11] | – Okay. – We are doing an interview. | -好吧 -我们要接受个采访 |
[38:15] | The redemption of a fraudulent lawyer. | 欺诈律师的救赎之路 |
[38:21] | Well, that is the best news I’ve heard since finding out | 这是自你进入律师协会以来 |
[38:24] | – you got into the bar. – Thank you. | -最好的消息 -谢谢 |
[38:28] | But I think you should do it without me. | 但我觉得你应该自己接受采访 |
[38:30] | Rachel, I–I couldn’t have done any of this without you. | 瑞秋 没有你 我根本做不到这一切 |
[38:33] | And that may be true, but this is your story, | 或许如此 但这是你自己的故事 |
[38:35] | and you should be the one to tell it. | 应该由你亲自讲述 |
[38:45] | Go–I’ll see you at home. | 去吧 我在家等你 |
[39:08] | – Mike? – Yeah. | -迈克 -你好 |
[39:10] | – David Gruen. – Good to meet you. | -我是大卫·格鲁因 -很高兴认识你 |
[39:12] | Where do you want to do this? | 你想在哪里做采访 |
[39:13] | I was thinking maybe your new office. | 我觉得你的新办公室很合适 |
[39:15] | Uh, yeah, we could end up there. | 不错 那里可以当最后一站 |
[39:18] | But I was thinking maybe we’d start out where I started out. | 但我觉得或许应该从我起步的地方开始 |
[39:20] | – Where’s that? – In the bullpen. | -那是哪里 -大办公室 |
[39:39] | What is it now, Harvey? | 又怎么了 哈维 |
[39:40] | You want to put the janitor in charge of bankruptcy? | 想让门房负责破产事务吗 |
[39:42] | Or the guard downstairs could be head of litigation. | 还是让楼下的诉讼部主管 |
[39:47] | – Are you finished? – Depends on what you say next. | -发泄完了吗 -那要看你接下来说什么 |
[39:49] | I’m sorry I said those things about you, | 很抱歉我那么说你 |
[39:51] | and I want you to know I didn’t mean any of them. | 我想跟你说 我心里并不那么想 |
[39:55] | I’m sorry too, Harvey. | 我也很抱歉 哈维 |
[39:57] | Jessica, you don’t need to apologize. | 杰西卡 你不用道歉的 |
[39:59] | Yes, I do. | 不 我用 |
[40:01] | You were just tearing the statue down. | 你只是在拆我的雕像 |
[40:04] | Just like you saw me do all those years ago, | 就像很多年前你看着我做的一样的事 |
[40:07] | and I didn’t like it | 而我不开心 |
[40:10] | because the statue was me. | 只是因为这次是我的雕像 |
[40:12] | Well, if it’s the same to you, | 如果你不介意 |
[40:14] | I’d like the statue to stay. | 我希望留下你的雕像 |
[40:17] | Sounds good to me. | 我觉得可以 |
[40:18] | – There’s one more thing. – There always is. | -还有件事 -一向如此 |
[40:22] | I’m still bringing Alex over, only not as a name partner, | 亚历克斯还是会进律所 不当冠名合伙人 |
[40:26] | but Pfizer’s still insisting we drop Jim Reynolds. | 但辉瑞制药仍坚持让我们放弃吉姆·雷诺兹 |
[40:31] | And you want to know if I’m okay with it? | 你想知道我能不能接受 |
[40:33] | No, I’m letting him go. | 不 我肯定要放弃他 |
[40:37] | I’m just calling you to tell you before I tell him, | 只是在告诉他之前先打电话告诉你 |
[40:39] | like I should’ve done in the first place. | 做我一开始就该做的事 |
[40:42] | I was wrong when I said you weren’t ready, Harvey. | 当我说你还没准备好时 我错了 哈维 |
[40:45] | No, you weren’t, | 不 当时没错 |
[40:47] | but you are now. | 但现在我准备好了 |
[40:49] | Good night, Closer. | 晚安 高手 |
[40:51] | Good night, Jessica. | 晚安 杰西卡 |
[40:53] | And take your feet off my desk. | 还有 不许把脚搭在我桌子上 |
[40:55] | Not a chance. | 没门 |