时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:07] | Why’d your last boyfriend break up with you? | 你的上一任男友为什么和你分手 |
[00:08] | He asked you to choose between him and Harvey. | 他要你在他和哈维之间选择 |
[00:11] | – Who’d you choose? – Harvey. | -你会选谁 -哈维 |
[00:12] | – Because you love him. – It is not that simple. | -因为你爱他 -没这么简单 |
[00:13] | You have a boyfriend, | 你有男朋友 |
[00:14] | but the one you did wouldn’t share you with him. | 但你的男友不愿意和他共享你 |
[00:16] | – Your Honor! – Please, I just need a– | -法官大人 -拜托 我只是 |
[00:18] | Do you love Harvey Specter?! | 你爱不爱哈维·斯佩克特 |
[00:19] | Mark, if you’re married, | 马克 如果你结婚了 |
[00:20] | why did you agree to have lunch with me? | 为什么还答应和我出来吃饭 |
[00:22] | I thought it’s just lunch, and– | 我以为只是普通午餐… |
[00:24] | This hasn’t felt like just lunch, and you know it. | 你很清楚这不只是普通午餐 |
[00:26] | What are you doing here? | 你怎么来了 |
[00:27] | I’ve worked at Columbia for the past six months. | 我已经在哥伦比亚大学工作六个月了 |
[00:30] | My fiancé lives in the city, | 我未婚夫住在这里 |
[00:31] | and I wanted to be with him. | 我想和他在一起 |
[00:32] | I know how to stop Frank Gallo from testifying. | 我知道怎么阻止弗兰克·加洛作证了 |
[00:35] | But my dad isn’t gonna be the only one who doesn’t like it. | 但我爸不会是唯一一个不喜欢这做法的人 |
[00:37] | – Why not? – Because it involves impugning his integrity | -为什么 -因为这涉及到通过我 |
[00:40] | and doing it through me. | 质疑他的人品 |
[00:41] | I’m not going back to Connecticut until Saturday. | 我在周六前都不会返回康涅狄格州 |
[00:43] | I’m staying at the Carlyle for the next two nights. | 我未来两天都会住在嘉丽酒店 |
[00:46] | I want your body one last time | 在我结婚之前 |
[00:47] | before I walk down that aisle. | 我想最后要你一次 |
[00:49] | I didn’t know if you’d come. | 我不是很确定你会来 |
[00:51] | I can’t do this. | 我做不到 |
[00:53] | I didn’t know if you’d come. | 我不是很确定你会来 |
[00:55] | How could I not? | 我怎么会不来 |
[01:07] | Homewrecker. | 小三 |
[01:10] | – What? – I said, shame. | -什么 -我说可耻 |
[01:16] | Shame, shame, | 可耻 可耻 |
[01:21] | shame, shame | 可耻 可耻 |
[01:24] | shame, shame, | 可耻 可耻 |
[01:26] | shame, shame, | 可耻 可耻 |
[01:29] | Shame, shame, | 可耻 可耻 |
[01:31] | shame, shame | 可耻 可耻 |
[01:34] | shame, shame, | 可耻 可耻 |
[01:36] | shame, shame, | 可耻 可耻 |
[01:39] | Shame, shame, | 可耻 可耻 |
[01:41] | shame, shame | 可耻 可耻 |
[01:43] | shame, shame, | 可耻 可耻 |
[01:46] | shame, shame, | 可耻 可耻 |
[01:48] | shame, shame, | 可耻 可耻 |
[01:51] | Thank God you are here. | 谢天谢地你在 |
[01:52] | I need to call Lipschitz right now | 你马上打给利普希茨 |
[01:53] | and tell him I can’t make it today, I’m sick. | 告诉他我今天不能去了 我病了 |
[01:55] | What do you mean, you’re sick? | 什么意思 你病了 |
[01:57] | I mean I’m deathly ill. | 我病得要死了 |
[01:58] | I can’t make it in there no matter what he says. | 不管他说什么 我都去不了 |
[02:00] | Louis, I don’t mean to get up in your business, | 路易 我无意插手你的事 |
[02:02] | but the time you spend with that man | 但你去跟那人谈话 |
[02:03] | is the most important part of your week. | 是你这一周中最重要的事 |
[02:05] | And by your week, I mean my week. | 但我真正的意思是 对我最重要 |
[02:07] | Okay, I don’t care whose week it is, | 好吧 我不管是对谁 |
[02:09] | I can’t see him today. I’m too busy. | 我今天不能见他 我太忙了 |
[02:11] | Busy. I thought you were sick. | 忙 你不是病了吗 |
[02:13] | I am. Sick and busy. | 是啊 我又病又忙 |
[02:15] | And I have a desk full of things I need to get to, | 而且我有一桌的东西要做 |
[02:17] | especially this. | 尤其这个 |
[02:18] | You don’t even know what that is. | 你都不知道那是什么 |
[02:20] | How dare you. I know what’s going on | 你好大胆 我很清楚 |
[02:22] | with every case on my desk. | 我桌上每件案子的情况 |
[02:23] | And what I know is this case needs my help. | 我只知道这件案子需要我去办 |
[02:25] | Now, call Lipschitz and leave me to my business | 去打给利普希茨 然后别打扰我 |
[02:28] | and one more thing: | 还有 |
[02:29] | take “Game of Thrones” off my to-do list for the rest of its run. | 《权力的游戏》永远不许再上我的待办事项 |
[02:34] | Brian, I’m sure you’re doing just fine | 布莱恩 我相信不管这是什么案子 |
[02:36] | on whatever the hell this case is. | 你都能做的很好 |
[02:38] | But I just thought I’d check in | 但我就想来问问 |
[02:39] | and for whatever reason Gretchen happens to ask, | 不管格蕾琴为什么问了起来 |
[02:41] | you tell her that’s exactly what I did. | 你就这么告诉她 |
[02:43] | Okay? Good talk. | 好吗 聊天愉快 |
[02:44] | Actually, there’s a problem with it. | 其实 是有点问题 |
[02:46] | And I could really use your help. | 我真的需要你帮忙 |
[02:48] | – What’s the problem? – It’s our nipples. | -什么问题 -是我们的奶嘴[奶子] |
[02:50] | They’re almost exactly the same. | 几乎是完全一样的 |
[02:52] | – Our what now? – Our client, Perfect Baby. | -什么 -客户 完美宝贝 |
[02:55] | Yes, those kind of nipples. | 哦 那个奶嘴啊 |
[02:56] | Not the nipples that I was just this morning– | 不是我今早才… |
[02:59] | Never mind. Uh, what were you saying? | 没事了 你说什么 |
[03:01] | There’s an overlap between our pacifier | 我们的奶嘴 |
[03:03] | and the pacifier Sweetie Pie Baby’s about to take to market. | 和可爱宝贝要推出的奶嘴有重叠 |
[03:05] | I notified them, but they’re giving me the runaround. | 我通知了他们 但他们一直在搪塞我 |
[03:07] | So I thought maybe if you called– | 所以我想或许如果你打去… |
[03:08] | Wait, whoa, whoa. What do you mean runaround? | 等等 什么意思 搪塞你 |
[03:09] | I’ve been trying to set a meeting | 我一直想安排一次会面 |
[03:10] | for almost two months, but they keep pushing. | 都近俩月了 但他们一直拖延 |
[03:12] | Son of a bitch! We need to get over there right away. | 该死的 我们得马上过去 |
[03:14] | What? Why? | 什么 为什么 |
[03:15] | Because if we notify them of overlap, | 因为如果我们通知他们有重叠 |
[03:17] | but don’t follow up within 60 days, | 但又不在六十天内采取后续行动 |
[03:18] | we lose the right to sue them for patent infringement. | 我们将失去起诉他们专利侵权的权利 |
[03:20] | – Oh, my God. – Exactly. | -天啊 -是啊 |
[03:21] | Now let’s go tell these assholes | 我们赶紧去告诉那些混蛋 |
[03:23] | if they think they’re gonna rip our nipples off without a fight, | 要是他们以为能轻松地剽窃我们的奶嘴 |
[03:24] | they got another thing coming. | 他们就错了 |
[03:30] | What are you doing in here, Mike? | 你来干什么 迈克 |
[03:31] | I haven’t had a chance to enjoy my morning latte in weeks. | 我都好几周没机会享受我的早间拿铁了 |
[03:35] | You seen this morning’s “Journal”? | 你见到今早的《周刊》了吗 |
[03:37] | There’s a new Deputy AG. | 新任副检察长 |
[03:38] | He’s won 15 cases in a row. | 连赢了15桩案子了 |
[03:40] | He’s making it his mission to clean up Wall Street. | 他立志要整治华尔街 |
[03:42] | What does that have to do with us? | 这跟我们有什么关系 |
[03:44] | You’re gonna take him on. | 你要去对付他 |
[03:45] | Excuse me? | 什么 |
[03:46] | You’re gonna pick a fight with this guy, | 你要跟他打一架 |
[03:48] | and you’re gonna clean his clock. | 打破他的不败纪录 |
[03:50] | Mike, I appreciate your confidence in my ability, | 迈克 我感谢你对我能力的信心 |
[03:52] | but… what exactly is going on here? | 但是 究竟是怎么回事 |
[03:54] | Harvey, when I got back here, | 哈维 我回来时 |
[03:55] | you set out to show the world that you’re not Jessica. | 你立志要向世人证明你不是杰西卡 |
[03:58] | And three seconds later, I put you on the defensive, | 转眼间 我就让你处于防守状态 |
[04:00] | and you’ve been there ever since. | 到现在也没有摆脱 |
[04:01] | – Mike– – Just listen to me. | -迈克… -听我说 |
[04:02] | Jordan might’ve been one of the best defensive players of all time, | 乔丹虽然是史上最棒的防守球员 |
[04:04] | but that’s not what people remember him for. | 但人们并不是因为这个才记住了他 |
[04:06] | So you’re telling me it’s time to put the ball in my hands. | 你是说 该我自己控球了 |
[04:08] | I’m telling you that you take on this hotshot, | 我是说 你去挑战这个大能人 |
[04:10] | you show the world that you can take on anyone. | 就能让世界知道 你想对付谁都行 |
[04:12] | That’s a great idea, Mike, | 这是个好点子 迈克 |
[04:14] | but the only problem is, he’s not coming after any of our clients, | 只是 他并没有找我们任何客户的麻烦 |
[04:17] | and I hope you’re not suggesting we put one of them on his radar. | 我希望你不是建议我们送一个给他当目标 |
[04:19] | I’m saying we sign a client that’s already on his radar. | 我是说我们去签一个本就是他目标的客户 |
[04:22] | Why the hell didn’t you say that in the first place? | 你怎么不早说呢 |
[04:23] | I didn’t need to, ’cause I already signed them. | 我不需要说 我已经签了 |
[04:25] | Then I guess we pay this jerkoff a visit | 那我们去会会那个混蛋 |
[04:27] | and let him know his winning streak just came to an end. | 告诉他 他的不败纪录要破了 |
[04:31] | *See the money, wanna stay for your meal* | *看到钱 就愿意留下吃饭* |
[04:35] | *Get another piece of pie for your wife* | *给你太太再拿块馅饼* |
[04:38] | *Everybody wanna know how it feel* | *所有人都想知道那感觉* |
[04:41] | *Everybody wanna see what it’s like* | *所有人都想见见那景象* |
[04:45] | *I’ll even eat a bean pie, I don’t mind* | *豆子馅饼我也愿吃 我不在乎* |
[04:48] | *Me and Missy is so busy, busy making money* | *我和妹子忙着赚钱* |
[04:52] | *All right* | *好了* |
[04:53] | *All step back, I’m ’bout to dance* | *退开点 我要跳舞* |
[04:59] | *The greenback boogie* | *美钞爵士摇摇摇* |
[05:04] | You know, I was thinking about joining a place like this. | 我本打算在这种地方买会员的 |
[05:06] | The truth is, | 但是 |
[05:08] | I’ve never been a fan of losers sweating together | 我从来讨厌一群废柴在一个封闭空间里 |
[05:10] | in a confined space. | 一起流汗 |
[05:11] | Unless it’s in a courtroom and you’re the one making them sweat. | 除非是在法庭上 而且是你让他们流汗 |
[05:14] | I see my reputation precedes me. | 看来我名声远播 |
[05:16] | Well, I’m aware of your reputation now, Specter. | 我现在清楚你的名声了 斯佩克特 |
[05:18] | So why don’t you tell me what the hell you’re doing here? | 不如你赶紧说你此行的目的吧 |
[05:20] | Then you’re also aware that I don’t like to waste my time | 那你应该也知道我不喜欢浪费时间 |
[05:22] | or my client’s money. | 或者我客户的钱 |
[05:23] | So why don’t you drop your bullshit case | 所以不如你马上放弃 |
[05:25] | against Elmont Investments right now? | 对埃尔蒙特投资的扯淡诉讼 |
[05:27] | Since when are you representing elmont Investments? | 你什么时候开始代理埃尔蒙特投资了 |
[05:29] | Since they realized they were being railroaded by a showboater | 他们发现某人为了给自己贴金要坑他们 |
[05:32] | and that they needed a real lawyer to put him in his place. | 所以想找个真正的律师叫那人知道厉害 |
[05:34] | – Is that a fact? – Yes, it is. | -是吗 -是的 |
[05:36] | Well, it looks to me you had to bring your little buddy here | 在我看来你还得带上你的小跟班 |
[05:38] | because you’re too scared to go up against me by yourself. | 就是因为怕得不敢一个人来见我 |
[05:40] | Yeah, he’s not really scared of anyone. | 他不怕任何人的 |
[05:42] | And for your information, until about 10 minutes ago, | 而且告诉你 10分钟前 |
[05:44] | he had no idea who you were. | 他还不知道你是谁 |
[05:46] | Bullshit. He knows exactly who I am. | 扯淡 他很清楚我是谁 |
[05:48] | We worked in the same damn office for three years | 我们在同一个办公室干了三年 |
[05:50] | What? | 什么 |
[05:51] | What the hell are you talking about? | 你说什么呢 |
[05:53] | You really don’t remember me, do you? | 你真不记得我了 是吗 |
[05:55] | No, I don’t. | 不记得 |
[05:57] | Well let me ring a bell for you. | 那我提醒你一下 |
[05:59] | My name is Andrew Malik. | 我叫安德鲁·马利克 |
[06:01] | And while you were kissing Cameron Dennis’s ass | 你去讨好卡梅隆·丹尼斯 |
[06:03] | working on high profile cases, I was three doors down, | 处理大案时 我在隔了三个门的办公室里 |
[06:06] | working till two in the morning | 干到凌晨两点 |
[06:07] | putting the real criminals away. | 把真正的罪犯送入监狱 |
[06:09] | And you may not have remembered me then, | 你当时可能没记住我 |
[06:11] | but you’re sure as hell going to remember me now. | 但你这次绝对会记住我的 |
[06:19] | What are you doing in here? | 你在这里干什么 |
[06:21] | Nothing. Harvey asked me to put this on Cameron’s desk. | 没什么 哈维让我把这个放卡梅隆桌上 |
[06:24] | Of course he did. | 当然了 |
[06:24] | Cameron and Harvey are like father and son. | 卡梅隆和哈维简直和父子一样 |
[06:26] | And you and Harvey are like– | 而你和哈维就像是… |
[06:29] | Well, you know what. | 你懂的 |
[06:30] | No, I don’t, actually. Why don’t you tell me? | 说实话我还真不懂 你说说看 |
[06:32] | Forget it. | 当我没说 |
[06:33] | I’m not gonna forget it, Andy. | 我不打算当你没说 安德 |
[06:35] | And I’m not gonna let you make a false accusation like that | 你不能随随便便做这种错误的指控 |
[06:37] | and get away with it. | 然后一走了之 |
[06:38] | How about this accusation? | 那这个指控也是错误的吗 |
[06:39] | It’s past eight, and I’m still here working. | 现在已经八点多了 我还在这里工作 |
[06:41] | Cameron will never see that | 但卡梅隆不会知道 |
[06:42] | because he’s probably out getting a drink with your boss. | 因为他八成和你老板出去喝酒了 |
[06:44] | Well then maybe you should realize | 那也许你该意识到 |
[06:45] | that working hard isn’t the only thing that matters in life. | 努力工作并不是生命中的唯一 |
[06:47] | No, what should matter is that you care about what you do. | 不 真正重要的是一个人得关心自己的工作 |
[06:50] | And Cameron loves Harvey. | 卡梅隆爱哈维 |
[06:51] | So he can’t see the truth that’s in front of his face. | 所以他看不清摆在他面前的事实 |
[06:53] | And what truth is that? | 什么事实 |
[06:55] | That there is no way that Harvey Specter will be here forever. | 哈维·斯佩克特不会一直留在这里 |
[06:59] | Well, I’ll be here forever. | 但我会 |
[07:00] | And I don’t care how tight they are | 而我不在乎他俩的关系有多密切 |
[07:02] | or how tight the two of you are. | 也不在乎你俩的关系有多密切 |
[07:04] | I will outlast you all as a prosecutor. | 我在检察官这个职位上会比你们干的都久 |
[07:10] | There you are. | 你在这儿呢 |
[07:11] | I was looking all over for you. | 我到处找你 |
[07:13] | What for? | 怎么了 |
[07:14] | Well I know you were being a little secretive about your date last night. | 我知道你不想多谈你昨晚的约会 |
[07:19] | But I care about you | 但我关心你 |
[07:21] | and I wanted to know how it went. | 我想知道情况如何 |
[07:25] | It didn’t. | 没情况 |
[07:27] | – But you said– – I know what I said. | -你不是说… -我知道我说了什么 |
[07:28] | I wanted a night to just feel good about myself. | 我想自我感觉良好一晚 |
[07:32] | But I realized that last night wasn’t gonna do that. | 但我意识到昨晚不是时候 |
[07:34] | So I called it off. | 所以我取消了 |
[07:36] | Sorry. | 我很遗憾 |
[07:38] | You wanna talk about it? | 你想谈谈吗 |
[07:39] | No, Rachel. I don’t. | 不 瑞秋 我不想 |
[07:47] | I’m sorry, I think you have the wrong office. | 抱歉 你们是不是走错办公室了 |
[07:49] | Oh, we’re in the right office. | 我们没走错 |
[07:50] | In fact, we were supposed to meet three weeks ago, | 实际上 我们三周前就应该见面的 |
[07:52] | but you asked to reschedule and never did. | 但你要求另约时间 结果一直没约 |
[07:55] | You’re from Pearson Specter. | 你是皮尔逊-斯佩克特律所的人 |
[07:56] | Pearson Specter Litt. | 皮尔逊-斯佩克特-利特 |
[07:57] | And according to Brian, | 布莱恩和我说 |
[07:58] | he’s been trying to meet with you for quite some time. | 他一直试图约你见面 但都没成功 |
[08:00] | Yes, we’ve been a bit busy, so– | 对 我们一直挺忙的 所以… |
[08:02] | Yeah, busy trying to douche our client out of their money. | 可不是嘛 忙着抢我们客户的钱 |
[08:04] | And if you think we’re letting you go to market with your rip-off nipple, | 你要以为我们会放任你们的盗版奶嘴流入市场 |
[08:07] | you’re even dumber than the babies that buy your crappy diapers. | 那你简直比那些买你的破尿布的婴儿还傻 |
[08:10] | We’re not shelving our new product. | 我们不会把我们的新产品撤下市场的 |
[08:11] | In that case, we’ll take you to court, | 那样的话 我们会起诉你们 |
[08:12] | and it’ll end up being shelved anyway. | 你的产品最终还是会被撤 |
[08:14] | Or you can admit you infringed on our design | 或者你们可以承认侵权了我们的设计 |
[08:15] | and cut us in for 60%. | 然后给我们你们收益的60% |
[08:17] | We didn’t infringe on anything | 我们没有侵权 |
[08:19] | and if you think we did | 假如你觉得我们侵权了 |
[08:20] | then you don’t know a thing about the market you represent. | 那你完全不了解你所代理的市场 |
[08:23] | Not know the market? | 不了解市场 |
[08:25] | For your information, I’ve got a newborn. | 告诉你 我家刚添了宝宝 |
[08:26] | And if it weren’t for our pacifiers, | 要不是有我们的奶嘴 |
[08:28] | I wouldn’t have gotten what little sleep I have in the last month. | 我上个月基本上就不用睡了 |
[08:30] | Then I guess you’re an even shittier father than you are a lawyer | 那我猜你当父亲比你当律师更不称职 |
[08:33] | because if you can’t put a baby down without a pacifier, | 因为假如不用奶嘴你就不能哄宝宝入睡 |
[08:36] | then you don’t have a chance in hell against us in court. | 那你在庭上完全没胜算 |
[08:38] | What did you just say? | 你说什么 |
[08:39] | I said you don’t know what you’re doing | 我说无论是作为父亲还是作为律师 |
[08:41] | as a father or a lawyer. | 你都不知道自己在做什么 |
[08:43] | How dare you. I don’t give a shit what you think. | 你怎么敢这么说 我不管你怎么想的 |
[08:46] | We’re not taking 60%. | 我们不要那60% |
[08:47] | We’re gonna sue your ass into the ground. | 我们要把你们告个底朝天 |
[08:49] | And as soon as I get back to my office, | 等下我一回到办公室 |
[08:50] | I’m filing a restraining order | 我就要申请限制令 |
[08:51] | to stop you from ever taking your fraudulent product to market, | 永远地阻止你那假货流入市场 |
[08:54] | you lying sack of shit. | 你个大骗子 |
[09:05] | All right, why don’t you say what’s on your mind? | 好了 说说你在想什么吧 |
[09:08] | Who says there’s anything on my mind? | 谁说我在想事情了 |
[09:09] | There’s always something on your mind. | 你永远都在想事情 |
[09:11] | The only time it doesn’t pop right out of your mouth | 只有在你不确定自己应不应该说的时候 |
[09:13] | is when you’re not sure you should say it. | 你才会闭嘴不谈你的想法 |
[09:14] | Look, I was just thinking | 听着 我刚刚就是在想 |
[09:15] | if I’d known there was a personal history with this guy, | 假如我早知道你和这家伙有过节 |
[09:18] | I wouldn’t have picked this case. | 我就不会选这个案子了 |
[09:19] | Yeah, if I’d known there was a personal history with this guy, | 是啊 假如我早知道我和这个家伙有过节 |
[09:21] | you wouldn’t have had to. | 就不用等你替我选了 |
[09:22] | Harvey, listen to me. | 哈维 听我说 |
[09:24] | I took on the prison case and it almost ripped us apart. | 我接了监狱那个案子 差点让我们关门 |
[09:27] | I took on this to make up for that. | 我接这个案子就是为了弥补 |
[09:29] | I don’t want it to do the same thing. | 我可不希望这个案子和监狱那个一样 |
[09:30] | What makes you think you know what this case is gonna do? | 你为什么会觉得自己知道这个案子的后果 |
[09:32] | I don’t know exactly what it’s gonna do. | 我并不知道这个案子会造成什么后果 |
[09:34] | But I know it’s personal with this guy | 但我知道这案子涉及个人恩怨 |
[09:36] | and that never ends well. | 这种情况通常没有好下场 |
[09:37] | You still have time to get out. | 我们依然有机会退出 |
[09:39] | Mike’s right, Harvey. | 迈克说得对 哈维 |
[09:40] | You do not wanna go up against this man. | 你不会想和这人对着干的 |
[09:42] | I don’t even remember this guy. | 我甚至都不记得这个人 |
[09:43] | You expect me to run scared? | 你还指望我临阵退缩吗 |
[09:44] | Well I remember him. | 我可记得他 |
[09:46] | You acted like he didn’t exist for three years. | 三年来你表现得像是这人不存在一样 |
[09:48] | But he is sneaky and he is conniving | 但他很卑鄙 且诡计多端 |
[09:50] | and now he’s got the power of the AG’s office behind him. | 更别提如今他有检察院在背后支持 |
[09:52] | I don’t care what office he has. | 我不在乎他背后有谁 |
[09:53] | The only reason he remembers me and I don’t remember him | 他记得我而我不记得他的唯一原因就是 |
[09:56] | is he sucked and I was awesome. | 他很烂 而我很棒 |
[09:58] | And if you’re telling me that between then and now | 假如你跟我说几年下来 |
[10:01] | I’ve stalled and he’s skyrocketed, I’m not buying it. | 我止步不前而他突飞猛进 我可不买账 |
[10:03] | I think what Donna’s trying to say is that this guy | 我觉得唐娜是想说 这家伙就像是 |
[10:06] | is like Louis Litt and Elliott Stemple rolled into one. | 路易·利特和艾略特·斯坦普尔的合体 |
[10:09] | And if you can avoid a fight with him, you should. | 和这种人 能避免交战就该尽量避免 |
[10:11] | Well, I can’t avoid a fight with him | 我们之间必有一战 |
[10:13] | because we just picked one. | 因为刚刚是我们挑起了战争 |
[10:14] | And despite what you both seem to think, | 不管你俩怎么想的 |
[10:17] | I can handle him. | 我能对付得了他 |
[10:18] | Well, you’re gonna get your chance. | 你马上就有机会对付他了 |
[10:21] | ‘Cause he just subpoenaed our new client. | 因为他刚刚传讯了我们的新客户 |
[10:26] | Louis, I’m so sorry. | 路易 我很抱歉 |
[10:27] | I didn’t mean to fly off the handle like that. | 我一不小心就失控了 |
[10:29] | What? Are you kidding? | 什么 你在逗我吗 |
[10:29] | That was the best thing I’ve seen in weeks. | 这是我这周经历的最棒的事了 |
[10:31] | So…you’re not mad? | 所以…你不生我的气 |
[10:33] | Mad? I’m blown away. | 生气 我完全被镇住了 |
[10:34] | It was like watching a fierce, manly butterfly | 感觉看到了一只凶狠霸气的蝴蝶 |
[10:37] | emerge from its pussy little cocoon. | 从它又娘又小的茧里破茧而出 |
[10:39] | Where the hell did that Brian come from? | 那个布莱恩是从哪冒出来的 |
[10:40] | I don’t know. I guess you can say a lot of things about me, | 我也说不清 我猜你说我什么都可以 |
[10:43] | but when you insult my ability as a father– | 但你一旦侮辱我当父亲的能力… |
[10:44] | It brings out the lion in you. | 就能唤醒你心中的雄狮 |
[10:46] | Something like that. | 之类的吧 |
[10:47] | But I promise, it won’t happen again. | 但我保证 这种情况不会再发生了 |
[10:49] | But I want it to happen again. | 但我希望它能再次发生 |
[10:50] | In fact, when you draft the restraining order, | 实际上 你起草那份限制令的时候 |
[10:52] | I want you picturing that asshole | 我想让你想象那个混蛋 |
[10:54] | laughing to his buddies about what a shitty father you are. | 和他朋友说笑你是个多么糟糕的父亲 |
[10:57] | Think about it when you’re writing the opening, | 写开庭陈述时想想这些 |
[10:58] | think about it in the middle, | 写到一半时想想这些 |
[10:59] | and definitely think about it when you write the close. | 写结案陈词时也要想一想 |
[11:02] | Because Mufasa Brian is the only Brian I want to see from now on. | 因为从今往后 我只要狮王布莱恩 |
[11:08] | Let’s get on with this. My client’s a busy woman. | 我们抓紧时间 我客户可是很忙的 |
[11:10] | Apparently she’s too busy to realize | 很显然她忙到竟没觉察到 |
[11:11] | she just hired a firm that’s willing to sell out their own clients. | 她雇了一家会出卖自己客户的律所 |
[11:14] | What the hell are you talking about? | 你什么意思 |
[11:15] | Oh, come on. | 别装了 |
[11:16] | You must be aware of what happened with William Sutter. | 你肯定知道威廉·萨特的下场了 |
[11:18] | What happened was Harvey got him a better deal | 事实是在那种情况下 |
[11:20] | than anyone could have under the circumstances. | 哈维帮他达成的协议不能更好了 |
[11:22] | Is that what you call sending him to prison? A great deal? | 把他送进监狱里面 这是个好协议吗 |
[11:24] | I hope there’s more to your legal strategy | 但愿你除了翻翻我们公司老账 |
[11:26] | than talking shit about my firm, Andy. | 还有其他法律策略 安德 |
[11:28] | Oh, I see you asked someone who I was. | 看来你去找人打听我了 |
[11:30] | Took a while to find someone who actually remembered. | 好不容易才找到个还记得你的人 |
[11:32] | Now ask my client an actual question | 现在向我委托人提问吧 |
[11:34] | or I’m shutting this down right now. | 否则会面马上终止 |
[11:36] | Okay, here’s one: | 好 那我就问一个 |
[11:37] | Mrs. Stanger, why don’t you tell me why one of your divisions | 斯坦格夫人 跟我说说你为何12月31日 |
[11:39] | suddenly needed to be sold on December 31st at 11:53 P.M.? | 下午11点53突然将一个部门售出 |
[11:42] | We finally got the offer that we’d been waiting for. | 我们达成了盼望已久的协议 |
[11:45] | An offer worth 8 million less than the last one. | 这份协议比上次谈判少了8百万 |
[11:47] | Last time I checked, being a Deputy AG | 没记错的话 副检察长 |
[11:49] | doesn’t make you an expert in wholesale shipping. | 也不是批发海运的专家 |
[11:51] | No, but it sure as hell makes me an expert | 没错 但我的确是 |
[11:52] | on executives locking in their bonuses illegally. | 高管非法锁定奖金的专家 |
[11:54] | – That is not– – He’s baiting you. Don’t respond. | -不是这 -他在引诱你 别回答 |
[11:56] | I’m not baiting. I’m deposing. | 我没有引诱她 我在取证 |
[11:58] | Then why don’t you ask a goddamn question based on evidence | 那你为什么不问些有真凭实据的问题 |
[12:00] | and save your speeches for outside the courthouse? | 把你的长篇大论留在法庭以外 |
[12:03] | Did you knowingly defraud your shareholders | 你是否有意欺骗你的股东 |
[12:05] | – to inflate your own bonus? – Don’t answer that. | -来增加自己的奖金 -别回答 |
[12:07] | Did you inform your board of directors | 那你有没有告知董事会 |
[12:08] | that you were taking a below market offer? | 你以低价达成协议 |
[12:09] | Don’t answer that either. | 也别回答 |
[12:10] | Wow, you’re getting a lot of, “Don’t answer that question.” | 你们有很多不能回答的问题 |
[12:12] | I can see why they’re worth the big bucks. | 我明白为什么他们这么值钱了 |
[12:13] | Listen to me, asshole. My client’s innocent. | 听着 混蛋 我的委托人是清白的 |
[12:16] | And you come at her with nothing but innuendo, | 你除了含沙射影什么证据也没有 |
[12:18] | she’s taking the 5th. | 她要引用《第五修正案》 |
[12:19] | Well, let me tell you something that you may not know | 我来告诉你些从你不当检察官以后 |
[12:20] | since you left being a prosecutor: | 你可能不知道的事 |
[12:22] | innocent people never take the 5th. | 清白的人不会引用《第五修正案》 |
[12:23] | And if you try that, I’ll put the criminal case on hold, | 你要引用 我就把刑事案放一边 |
[12:25] | I’ll bring the board up on civil charges | 我会把董事会弄上民事指控 |
[12:27] | and believe me, they will roll over on her | 相信我 在我给他们开条件之前 |
[12:28] | before I’m finished offering them the chance. | 他们就会向她倒戈的 |
[12:30] | – Can he do that? – Yes, I can. | -他能这么做吗 -没错 我能 |
[12:32] | And for the record, i don’t give a shit if you’re innocent or not. | 而且 你清不清白我根本不在乎 |
[12:34] | You are going to prison. | 你就要坐牢了 |
[12:39] | How’s that for making an impression, Harvey? | 这样印象够深刻了吧 哈维 |
[12:49] | Dad. | 爸 |
[12:51] | What are you doing here? | 你来干什么 |
[12:52] | I was in the neighborhood. | 刚好路过 |
[12:53] | I realized I haven’t seen your office | 我想到从你当上律师以后 |
[12:55] | since you became a member of the bar. | 我还没来过你办公室 |
[12:57] | Well, that’s sweet but my office hasn’t changed one bit | 很高兴你这么说 但我办公室一点没变 |
[12:59] | so why don’t you tell me what you’re really doing here? | 所以你还是告诉我你来的真实意图 |
[13:01] | I came to tell you that was one hell of a move you made, | 我来是要告诉你那步棋你走的很险 |
[13:04] | using my own daughter against me with the Reform Corp. Case. | 在改造公司案上用我女儿来对付我 |
[13:09] | I’m not just your daughter. I’m a lawyer. | 我不仅是你的女儿 我是名律师 |
[13:12] | That’s why I’m here. I wanna work with you. | 这正是我此行的目的 我想和你共事 |
[13:16] | I don’t follow. | 我没听懂 |
[13:17] | Rachel, Frank Gallo wanted to connect with his daughter | 瑞秋 弗兰克·加洛想改善和他女儿的关系 |
[13:21] | and waited until it was too late. | 一直等到错过了机会 |
[13:22] | I don’t wanna make that same mistake. | 我可不想犯同样的错误 |
[13:25] | And I appreciate that, Dad. | 我很高兴你这么说 爸 |
[13:27] | But I’ve also made it really clear | 但是我也说的很清楚了 |
[13:28] | that I wanna make my own way. | 我要开拓自己的路 |
[13:30] | Oh, I’m not talking about you switching firms. | 我不是想让你换律所 |
[13:33] | I’m talking about a pro bono. | 我说的是个无偿案 |
[13:34] | Now I know you did one with Jessica last year, | 我知道你去年和杰西卡做过一个 |
[13:37] | I thought maybe it was time you did one with me. | 我想是时候你和我也能做一个 |
[13:41] | – What kinda case? – Predatory lending. | -什么案子 -掠夺性贷款 |
[13:44] | Taking advantage of people of color. | 占有色人种的便宜 |
[13:46] | I’d really like that. | 我很乐意 |
[13:50] | But I have to clear it with Harvey first. | 但是我得先跟哈维请示 |
[13:52] | No, you don’t. I told the man I wanted to work with my family | 不用了 我告诉他我想和我的家人共事 |
[13:54] | and he said, “Of course, Robert. | 他说 “当然可以 罗伯特 |
[13:56] | How can I stand in the way of that?” | 这种事我非常赞同” |
[13:58] | Well, in that case. | 这样的话 |
[14:00] | I think we should head back to your office | 我觉得我们应该去你办公室一趟 |
[14:01] | and get ready to show those bastards | 做好准备让这些混蛋瞧瞧 |
[14:03] | what the team of Zane and Zane can do. | 赞恩父女联手有多厉害 |
[14:09] | We need to talk. | 我们得谈谈 |
[14:10] | No, we don’t. I just got off the phone | 不 不用 我刚和最后一个董事 |
[14:11] | with the last board member. | 通完电话 |
[14:13] | We need to get ’em in a room | 我们得把他们聚到一起 |
[14:14] | and lock ’em down before Malik | 在马利克找到机会递传票前 |
[14:15] | gets a chance to issue subpoenas. | 先把他们稳住 |
[14:16] | Harvey, you heard him. It’s not gonna be enough. | 哈维 你听到他的话了 这不够 |
[14:19] | – What are you saying? – I’m saying that we cut a deal | -你在说什么 -我是说趁来得及 |
[14:21] | to pay a fine while we still can. | 我们付钱达成协议 |
[14:24] | – Are you kidding me? – Listen to me, | -你在开玩笑吗 -听我说 |
[14:25] | I saw the look on that woman’s face. | 我看到那女人脸上的表情了 |
[14:27] | She did it, and the board’s gonna know it. | 她确实做了 董事会会知道的 |
[14:29] | The second that he makes this civil, | 只要他把这事弄上民事法庭 |
[14:30] | they’re gonna turn on her, just like he said. | 他们就会向她倒戈 如他所言 |
[14:32] | I get what this is. | 我明白怎么回事了 |
[14:33] | What the hell are you talking about? | 你什么意思 |
[14:34] | You brought me this to make up | 你想用这个案子补偿 |
[14:36] | for your pro bono fixation | 你在无偿案上 |
[14:38] | messing with my business. | 对我捣的乱 |
[14:39] | And now you found out that she’s guilty, | 现在你发现她是有罪的 |
[14:41] | so you wanna cut and run ’cause it goes against your code. | 你想一走了之 因为这有违你的准则 |
[14:43] | That’s bullshit. | 不是这样的 |
[14:45] | I knew she was guilty the second I signed her. | 我和她签约时就知道她不是清白的 |
[14:47] | Harvey, we’re not talking about | 哈维 我们讨论的不是 |
[14:48] | some chemical company causing cancer. | 什么化学公司引发了癌症 |
[14:49] | We’re talking about one rich person | 我们谈论的是一个有钱人 |
[14:51] | stealing money from other rich people. | 从另外的有钱人身上偷钱 |
[14:52] | I’m saying that we cut a deal because he’s got us. | 我建议达成协议是因为他确实有我们的把柄 |
[14:55] | He doesn’t have shit because she didn’t give him anything. | 她没给他留下任何把柄 |
[14:56] | That doesn’t matter to him | 这对他都无关紧要 |
[14:57] | and it’s not gonna matter to a jury | 对陪审团也不重要 |
[14:59] | because she’s guilty whether we like it or not. | 因为不管我们怎么想 她都有罪 |
[15:02] | – What did you just say? – I said she’s guilty. | -你说什么 -我说她是有罪的 |
[15:04] | No, you said it doesn’t matter to him. | 不 你说这对他来说并不重要 |
[15:07] | But she doesn’t matter to him and we got him | 但是她对他并不重要 我们有他 |
[15:09] | on tape admitting it. | 承认的录影带 |
[15:11] | Malik’s not just some corporate lawyer. | 马利克不止是公司律师 |
[15:13] | He’s a public servant. | 他还是个公务员 |
[15:14] | And last I checked, public servants | 我记得 公务员 |
[15:16] | are supposed to give a shit if someone’s guilty or not. | 必须在意被告是否有罪 |
[15:19] | Holy shit. We’ve got him. | 天哪 解决他了 |
[15:26] | Ms. Sonowski? My name’s Rachel Zane, | 斯诺思琪女士 我叫瑞秋·赞恩 |
[15:28] | this is my father Robert Zane. | 这是我父亲罗伯特·赞恩 |
[15:30] | Did we have an appointment? | 我们约好了吗 |
[15:31] | Because I have a full schedule today. | 因为我今天行程很满 |
[15:32] | Then you’re gonna have to clear it because this lawsuit | 那你就得因为这桩官司把行程都推掉 |
[15:34] | just became your number one priority. | 这已变成你的头等大事了 |
[15:39] | A discrimination suit. This is unbelievable. | 种族歧视诉讼 真不敢相信 |
[15:42] | What’s unbelievable is that your bank | 让人不敢相信的是 |
[15:43] | thought they could rip people off for years | 你的银行以为自己可以多年来剥削客户 |
[15:45] | – without anyone noticing. – Let me guess, you’re gonna | -而不被人发现 -我猜猜 你要 |
[15:47] | slap me with this and turn around | 用这东西侮辱我一番 |
[15:48] | and 15 seconds later tell me you wanna settle. | 然后转身就要求和解 |
[15:50] | I don’t wanna settle anything. | 我什么都不想和解 |
[15:51] | I wanna depose your CEO. | 我要对你们的总裁取证 |
[15:53] | Well, that’s not gonna happen. | 这是不可能发生的 |
[15:54] | Bullshit, it’s not. This is a legitimate lawsuit. | 怎么不可能 这是合法的诉讼 |
[15:57] | Then why don’t we skip the part | 我们还是跳过 |
[15:58] | where you punch me and I counterpunch you | 这个互相攻击的阶段 |
[15:59] | and you go ahead and give me your bottom line number right now. | 直接告诉我你能接受的底价吧 |
[16:00] | One. | 一 |
[16:02] | – One what? – One son of a bitch | -一什么 -一个 |
[16:03] | who’s been screwing over people. | 专门压榨别人的混蛋 |
[16:05] | That’s my number. | 这就是我的底价 |
[16:06] | And I want the man’s head on a platter. | 我想要这个混蛋低头认罪 |
[16:08] | Then I guess I’ll see you in court. | 那我们就法庭见吧 |
[16:09] | Because I’m not gonna let you | 因为我不会让你 |
[16:10] | depose my boss without a fight. | 那么轻易就取证我的上司 |
[16:19] | Okay, gentlemen, why exactly are we here? | 先生们 你们为什么来这里 |
[16:22] | Your Honor, we’re here because this is | 法官大人 我们来这里的原因是 |
[16:23] | a trumped up charge that shouldn’t be allowed to go forward. | 这是一起捏造的控诉 不应进行下去 |
[16:25] | If it’s so trumped up, | 如果真的是捏造的 |
[16:26] | why wouldn’t your client answer | 你的委托人为什么 |
[16:27] | – a single question about it? – Because it’s her job | -拒绝回答任何问题 -因为她的工作是 |
[16:29] | to protect her company, not offer up information | 保护自己的公司 而不是提供 |
[16:31] | – to be used against it. – Bullshit. | -不利于公司的信息 -扯淡 |
[16:33] | All your client cares about is protecting her bonus. | 你的委托人只想保护她自己的红利 |
[16:35] | And all you care about | 而你只想 |
[16:36] | is making a name for yourself | 让自己出名 |
[16:37] | even if it means taking down innocent people. | 即使是以陷害无辜的人为代价 |
[16:39] | Mr. Specter, I’d think very carefully | 斯佩克特先生 你这样 |
[16:41] | before accusing a Deputy Attorney General | 指控一位副检察长 |
[16:43] | – of something like that. – I’m not accusing him | -需要谨慎 -我不是在指控他 |
[16:44] | of anything, Your Honor. | 法官大人 |
[16:46] | I’m repeating exactly | 我在逐字重复 |
[16:47] | what he told my client on tape. | 他对我的委托人说的话 有录音为证 |
[16:49] | What? That’s a lie. | 什么 你在说谎 |
[16:50] | You want us to play it for you? | 你想听一下录音吗 |
[16:52] | We have him on tape saying | 我们录下了他说的话 |
[16:53] | he doesn’t give a shit whether Janet Stanger | 他说他根本不在乎珍妮特·斯坦格 |
[16:55] | – is innocent or not. – Your Honor, | -是不是无辜的 -法官大人 |
[16:56] | that was said in the heat of the moment. | 那只是我一时冲动说的话 |
[16:57] | – I did not mean that literally. – You mean you only said it | -我不是那么想的 -你是说 你那么说 |
[16:59] | to intimidate my client. | 只是为了恐吓我的客户 |
[17:00] | – It wasn’t intimidation. – Then what the hell was it? | -那不是恐吓 -那到底是什么 |
[17:02] | – You piece of shit. – Mr. Malik. | -你这个人渣 -马利克先生 |
[17:03] | I like what you’ve been doing for Wall Street. | 我很欣赏你在华尔街的工作 |
[17:05] | But I’m not letting you prosecute a fabricated case | 但我不会允许你为了展现个人成绩 |
[17:07] | in my courtroom just to get another notch in your belt. | 而在我的法庭上进行这种捏造的控告 |
[17:10] | That’s not what I’m doing. | 我没有那么做 |
[17:11] | Then you have 24 hours to prove them wrong. | 给你24小时时间 证明他们错了 |
[17:13] | So I suggest you stop calling them names | 我建议你别再继续骂人 |
[17:17] | and go find yourself some evidence. | 赶紧给自己的案子找点证据 |
[17:25] | Louis, that asshole from Cheapskate Baby is on line one. | 路易 小气鬼婴儿用品那家的混蛋在一号线上 |
[17:28] | – Louis. – What’d you say? | -路易 -你说什么 |
[17:30] | I said that sucker that’s trying to rip off | 我说那个剽窃我们委托人的混蛋 |
[17:32] | our client’s calling. | 给你打电话了 |
[17:33] | Evidently, he got Brian’s TRO. | 显然他收到布莱恩的临时禁制令了 |
[17:35] | Which means he’s about to cry his eyes out. | 那他可要大哭一场了 |
[17:37] | This is just what I needed. What line did you say? | 这正是我所需要的 他在几号线来着 |
[17:39] | One. | 一号 |
[17:41] | Hank, I understand you got our TRO. | 汉克 看来你已经收到临时禁制令了 |
[17:43] | – I sure as hell did. – But I assume you’re calling | -没错 -我估计你打电话是为了 |
[17:46] | to beg me to let you keep a piece of your product. | 求我不要让你们的产品全军覆没 |
[17:49] | Well, sorry to tell you, buddy. That’s not gonna happen. | 哥们 很抱歉 这是不可能的 |
[17:55] | Why don’t I hear crying? | 你怎么没哭呢 |
[17:57] | You didn’t read that thing before your associate | 你的新律师把禁制令送过来之前 |
[17:59] | sent it over, did you? | 你都没读过吧 |
[18:01] | Well, of course I read it. | 我当然读过 |
[18:03] | What kind of idiot doesn’t read a document | 哪有白痴把文件送过去之前 |
[18:06] | before sending it over? | 自己读都不读 |
[18:08] | The kind that just opened the door for us | 就有这样的白痴 为我们的反诉 |
[18:09] | to countersue the shit out of him. | 帮了个大忙 |
[18:11] | Because he was too busy thinking about the woman | 因为他正忙着惦记某个 |
[18:13] | he’s never going to marry. | 不可能嫁给他的女人 |
[18:16] | – What did you just say? – I said, I’m Sheila’s fiancé | -你刚说什么 -我说我是希拉的未婚夫 |
[18:19] | and I know you slept with her. | 我知道你跟她睡过 |
[18:21] | And even now you’re thinking about sneaking around and– | 现在 你还正在想着鬼鬼祟祟地… |
[18:24] | You don’t understand, it was just– | 你不懂 这只是… |
[18:25] | A one-time thing? | 仅此一次 |
[18:26] | You could’ve ruined my life | 你差点把我这辈子毁了 |
[18:27] | you selfish son of a bitch. | 你这个自私的混蛋 |
[18:29] | But I love Sheila, so if you think | 但我爱希拉 如果你以为 |
[18:31] | this is gonna stop us from getting married, it’s not. | 这就能阻止她嫁给我 你就错了 |
[18:34] | I’m sorry. | 我很抱歉 |
[18:37] | I didn’t mean to. | 我不是有意的 |
[18:39] | It doesn’t matter whether you meant it or not. | 你是不是有意的并不重要 |
[18:41] | If you think this is gonna stop us from going to market, | 你要以为这能阻止我们的产品投入市场 |
[18:43] | you’re an even shittier lawyer | 那你就连那个 |
[18:45] | than that sorry excuse for an associate. | 愧为律师的菜鸟都不如 |
[18:56] | – Louis, hey. – Don’t hey me. | -你好 路易 -别跟我说你好 |
[18:57] | – Did you file that TRO? – Yeah. | -是你提交的临时禁制令吗 -是 |
[18:59] | – First thing this morning. – And did you read it before you did? | -早上一来就交了 -你提交之前读了吗 |
[19:01] | Of course. | 当然 |
[19:02] | Then what are you, illiterate? | 那你是文盲吗 |
[19:04] | Because that’s the only reason I can think of | 你送过去了一份禁制令 上面写着 |
[19:05] | as to why you’d send a restraining order | “他们的产品比不上我们的” |
[19:07] | that says their product’s inferior to ours. | 只有文盲才会这么干 |
[19:09] | – What? – That’s right, inferior. | -什么 -对 “比不上” |
[19:11] | As in, different. | 比不上就是不一样 |
[19:12] | No, I couldn’t have used that word. | 不 我不可能用了这个词 |
[19:13] | Well, you could’ve if you’re the world’s worst lawyer, | 看来你是世界上最烂的律师 因为你确实 |
[19:15] | which you apparently are. | 用了这个词 |
[19:17] | Because you just invalidated our whole goddamn case. | 这整个案子都被你搞砸了 |
[19:19] | Because if they’re different, they couldn’t have | 因为不同的产品不可能 |
[19:21] | – violated our patent. – Okay, Louis, I am so sorry. | -侵犯专利 -路易 我真的很抱歉 |
[19:23] | You told me to think of that guy laughing | 你让我想着他嘲笑我的样子 想着他说 |
[19:25] | – and how bad a father I was– – Are you saying this is my fault? | -我是个不称职的父亲 -你是说这怪我 |
[19:26] | No, I– | 不是… |
[19:27] | Because this is not my fault, this is your fault. | 这不怪我 这都是你的错 |
[19:29] | I know. I am so sorry. | 我知道 我真的很抱歉 |
[19:31] | No. What you are is off this case. | 免了 你别参与这个案子了 |
[19:33] | – Louis, please. – No. You shut the hell up! | -拜托 路易 -不 你给我闭嘴 |
[19:36] | Our client trusted you with something special, | 我们的委托人把特别而珍爱的东西 |
[19:38] | with something they love. | 委托给你 |
[19:39] | And then you snuck around behind their back | 而你在他们背后 |
[19:41] | and you did something stupid and reckless. | 做了愚蠢而不计后果的事情 |
[19:43] | And you ruined their life, | 你毁掉了他们的生活 |
[19:45] | you worthless, selfish son of a bitch! | 你这个一文不值的自私的混蛋 |
[19:55] | Your Honor, this bank has a practice of predatory lending. | 法官大人 这家银行存在掠夺性贷款的行为 |
[19:59] | It starts at the top and we can end | 这种行为自上而下 |
[20:00] | this whole thing quickly by deposing their CEO. | 我们可以取证他们的总裁 结束这一切 |
[20:03] | They need to end this quickly because they have nothing. | 他们想速战速决 因为他们没有证据 |
[20:05] | And if every time a lawyer wanted to sit down my client | 要是每次律师申请 我的委托人就要接受取证 |
[20:07] | and depose him, he’d never be able to do his job. | 他就没法工作了 |
[20:09] | What a wonderful argument. “You can’t depose us, | 多棒的论据 “你们不能对他取证 |
[20:11] | because we’re too busy screwing over our clients.” | 因为我们正忙着压榨客户” |
[20:13] | Mr. Zane, if you wanna tie up an important man | 赞恩先生 如果你需要对一位重要人士取证 |
[20:15] | for hours on end, you need to show | 使其长达几小时无法正常工作 |
[20:16] | there’s enough evidence to warrant it. | 你要有足够的证据作为支撑 |
[20:18] | I’ll give you evidence, Your Honor. | 我会给出证据的 法官大人 |
[20:20] | We’ll show the jury John Fuller, | 我们会把约翰·富勒资料上交陪审团 |
[20:22] | who makes $80,000 a year and has his own business. | 他每年赚取八万美金而且也有自己的事业 |
[20:25] | And then we’ll show them Meg Grossman, | 此外我们也会提交梅格·格罗斯曼的资料 |
[20:26] | who makes the same but has at least that much | 年收入相同但信用卡债务数额与其持平 |
[20:28] | – in credit card debt. – And then we’ll ask the jury | -甚至更大 -而后我们会询问陪审团 |
[20:30] | who they would give the better mortgage to. | 谁更有可能获得条件更好的抵押贷款 |
[20:32] | And we’re willing to bet that all 12 would pick Mr. Fuller. | 我们敢保证12名陪审员都会选富勒先生 |
[20:35] | Which is who his bank would’ve picked | 而要不是他是非裔美国人的话 |
[20:36] | if he weren’t African American. | 他的银行也应当作出同样选择的 |
[20:38] | Your Honor, they’re picking two cases. | 法官大人 他们挑出的是两个个案 |
[20:39] | – Two out of 100. – And I’m sure there’s an explanation. | -一百个里选了两个 -我确信这可以找到解释 |
[20:42] | Then get your goddamn CEO in here to give it. | 那让你该死的总裁过来解释 |
[20:44] | That’s enough, Mr. Zane. | 够了 赞恩先生 |
[20:46] | I’m willing to let you build a case, | 我同意让你立案 |
[20:47] | but I need evidence your claims are true | 但要让我支持你的指责 |
[20:49] | before I’m gonna let you figure out who to blame. | 你需要提供证据来证明其真实性 |
[20:51] | – Your Honor– – You can start | -法官大人 -你可以首先 |
[20:52] | by deposing the loan officers. | 让相关的信贷员出庭作证 |
[20:54] | But unless there’s enough there to make a case, | 但除非证据充足到足以立案 |
[20:56] | that’s all you’re gonna get. | 你只能到此为止 |
[21:04] | Gretchen, what the hell are you doing here? Get out. | 格蕾琴 你在这里干什么 出去 |
[21:06] | I’m not going anywhere. | 我不出去 |
[21:09] | You had no business treating that boy like that. | 你无权如此对待那孩子 |
[21:12] | Well, you know what? If all you’re gonna do | 你知道吗 如果你准备 |
[21:13] | is judge me, as far as I’m concerned, | 对我指手画脚 在我看来 |
[21:15] | Brian’s not the only one lucky not to be fired. | 幸运地没有被解雇的就不止布莱恩了 |
[21:16] | – What did you say to me? – You heard me. | -你刚对我说什么 -你没听错 |
[21:18] | Back off or you’re gone. | 走开 否则你就等着卷铺盖走人吧 |
[21:20] | Then you better hear this: | 那你最好听着 |
[21:22] | you say those kids are your children. | 你说过他们都是你的孩子 |
[21:24] | Well, a father doesn’t treat his children that way. | 而父亲不会那样对待他的孩子 |
[21:26] | You don’t know what you’re talking about. | 你知道你在说些什么吗 |
[21:28] | The hell I don’t! | 我不知道个鬼 |
[21:28] | You were nasty and abusive. | 你暴躁易怒 口出恶言 |
[21:30] | And if he were your son, I’d be calling | 如果他真的是你的儿子 我会马上 |
[21:32] | – Child Services right now. – Well, he’s not my son! | -报告儿童服务机构 -但他不是 |
[21:35] | He’s a lawyer and this is none of your goddamn business. | 他是一名律师 而且这不关你的事 |
[21:38] | None of my business? | 不关我的事 |
[21:41] | Watching your back is my goddamn business. | 照顾你的人和工作就是我的事 |
[21:44] | I don’t know what the hell is going on | 我不知道发生了什么 |
[21:45] | with you that you don’t wanna talk to Lipschitz about, | 让你不愿和利普希茨谈一谈 |
[21:47] | but you better get a handle on it. | 但你最好给我好好处理这事 |
[21:49] | Because if you treat another associate like that, | 因为如果你也这样对待其他的律师 |
[21:51] | I will knock you the hell out. | 我会好好教训你 |
[22:01] | Isn’t it a little early for a victory drink? | 现在就举杯庆祝胜利不会太早了吗 |
[22:04] | Did you see the look on Malik’s face? | 你看见马利克的表情了吗 |
[22:06] | I’d say we’re a couple of hours late. | 要我说这酒已经迟了几小时了 |
[22:08] | Then I guess I better join you. | 那我想我也得和你喝一杯了 |
[22:10] | ‘Cause by tomorrow, all of Wall Street’s gonna know | 因为到明天 华尔街的所有人都会知道 |
[22:13] | that Andy Malik went up against Pearson Specter Litt | 安迪·马利克和皮尔逊·斯佩克特·利特作对 |
[22:16] | and lost in record time. | 而且还在破记录的短时间内就输了战斗 |
[22:18] | Thanks for bringing me this case, Mike. | 迈克 谢谢你交给我这起案子 |
[22:20] | You’re welcome, Harvey. And for the record, | 别客气 哈维 我还想说 |
[22:22] | I’m sorry I said you should’ve thrown in the towel. | 抱歉我之前说你应该认输 |
[22:24] | It’s okay. I’m sorry you said it, too. | 没关系 我也很抱歉你这么说了 |
[22:26] | Got an extra glass? I feel like celebrating, too. | 再多给我来一杯 我也想庆祝了 |
[22:29] | What are you doing here, Malik? | 马利克 你在这里干什么 |
[22:31] | I’m here to deliver this. | 我是来这里给你们这个的 |
[22:32] | What’s that? | 是什么 |
[22:34] | It’s a copy of tomorrow’s paper. | 是明天的报纸 |
[22:36] | I’m required to hand over all discovery and unlike you, | 我必须递交所有的证据 不像你 |
[22:38] | – I comply with that requirement. – What’s that supposed to mean? | -我照着要求做了 -这是什么意思 |
[22:40] | Oh, you’ll find out what it means tomorrow. | 你明天就会知道了 |
[22:42] | Then why did you come all the way down here | 那为什么你今晚特意过来一趟 |
[22:43] | to give us this tonight? | 把报纸给我们 |
[22:44] | Because I wanted to see the look on your face | 因为我想在我反败为胜的时候 |
[22:45] | when I told you that I’ve got you, | 能观摩到你们脸上的表情 |
[22:47] | you cocky son of a bitch. | 你这个混球 |
[22:48] | Oh, and if you wanna turn on your recorder, | 如果你想打开录音设备 |
[22:50] | go right ahead, ’cause I’ll say that | 尽管开 我会对着 |
[22:51] | right to the camera. | 镜头来说 |
[22:54] | Good night, gentlemen. Enjoy your drinks. | 晚安 先生们 享用你们的酒吧 |
[22:58] | Donna. I see you’re in the same position as you always were. | 唐娜 我发现你总是处于同样的处境 |
[23:02] | And I see you have the same Harvey-sized | 我发现你对哈维 |
[23:03] | chip on your shoulder you’ve always had. | 还是一样怨念 |
[23:09] | – How bad is it? – Bad. | -情况有多差 -很差 |
[23:10] | They got a smoking gun? | 他们拿到了确凿的证据 |
[23:12] | And the bullet and the body, too. | 而且还有大王牌 |
[23:14] | So what are you gonna do? | 那么你们打算怎么做 |
[23:15] | We’re gonna find out what the hell’s going on here. | 我们得先搞清楚发生了什么事 |
[23:25] | What is that? | 那是什么 |
[23:27] | My letter of resignation. | 我的辞职信 |
[23:29] | I’m not gonna work for a man like that. | 我不会在这种人手下工作的 |
[23:30] | – A man like what? – Are you kidding me? | -哪种人 -你在开玩笑吗 |
[23:33] | I know you saw that. | 我知道你看见了 |
[23:34] | And I’m not gonna put up with being bullied by a nut job. | 我不打算忍受疯子对我的欺凌 |
[23:37] | He’s lucky I don’t sue him like everybody else. | 我没像别人那样起诉他 他该感到幸运 |
[23:38] | – Excuse me? – I said, he’s lucky | – 什么 – 我说他很幸运 |
[23:40] | I don’t sue him like everybody else. | 我没像其他人那样起诉他 |
[23:43] | Well, you know what, you little pissant? | 你知道吗 小喽啰 |
[23:44] | Why don’t you go ahead and try? | 你何不试试呢 |
[23:46] | Because he will take your little incompetent ass | 因为他不费吹灰之力就能把无能的你 |
[23:48] | and wipe the floor with you. | 打败而大获全胜 |
[23:49] | – What? – Oh, did you misunderstand me, | -什么 -你对我的误解 |
[23:52] | the way you misunderstood the assignment you were given? | 就如同你误解你的岗位一样 |
[23:54] | Because maybe you weren’t paying attention. | 因为也许你没发现 |
[23:57] | You may have just cost this firm a client. | 你可能刚让律所损失了一个客户 |
[23:59] | Bullshit. He had no right to treat me that way. | 胡说 他无权那样对待我 |
[24:01] | I don’t give a shit what he had a right to. | 我不管他有没有权利 |
[24:03] | If you were my son, I would tell you | 如果你是我的儿子 我会告诉你 |
[24:05] | this is your case and your mess. | 这是你自己的官司和乱子 |
[24:08] | Well, I’m not your son. And he kicked me off. | 我不是你的儿子 而且他把我赶走了 |
[24:11] | And instead of being a baby and running away, | 与其像婴儿一样逃避 |
[24:13] | a man would figure out a way to stay and clean up. | 身为男人会想办法留下并清除这乱子 |
[24:16] | It’s up to you. | 决定权在你 |
[24:17] | But don’t you dare talk shit about my boss | 但千万别再在我面前 |
[24:19] | to my face ever again. | 说我老板的闲话 |
[24:30] | Well, I hope you’re here to tell me the case | 我希望你们来告诉我此案 |
[24:31] | – is getting dismissed. – We’re here to ask you | -将不予受理 -我们是来问你 |
[24:33] | if you wrote a memo instructing your team | 你是否在公务便条上明确指示你的团队 |
[24:35] | to sell that division for whatever it takes. | 要不惜一切卖掉那个部门 |
[24:37] | – No, I didn’t. – Then why the hell | -不 我没有 – 那为什么 |
[24:38] | does the “Journal” Say you did? | 这报纸报道写着你有这么做 |
[24:44] | – This is ridiculous. – Ridiculous because | -这太荒谬了 -之所以荒谬 |
[24:45] | it isn’t true or because you didn’t write it? | 是因为报道是假的还是你没写过便条 |
[24:47] | – I didn’t write it. – But it is true. | -我没写过 -但这报道是真的 |
[24:50] | I may have mentioned it would be in our best interest | 我也许有提过如果能在年末前把一个部门 |
[24:53] | if a division was sold before the end of the year. | 卖出去 对我们是最有利的 |
[24:55] | But I was never dumb enough to write it in a memo. | 但我没有蠢到把这写到便条上 |
[24:57] | No, you’re just dumb enough to put your interests | 不 你就是蠢到把个人利益 |
[24:59] | – in front of your company’s. – I am this company. | -置于公司利益之上 -我代表公司 |
[25:01] | Our interests are the same. | 我们的利益是一致的 |
[25:03] | Or have you forgotten what side you’re on? | 你们忘了你们是站在哪一边的吗 |
[25:05] | We haven’t forgotten anything. | 我们一点都没忘 |
[25:07] | And we can’t defend you if we don’t have all the information. | 如果我们不了解全部实情就无法为你辩护 |
[25:10] | Well now you have it. I didn’t write the memo. | 那你现在了解了 我没有写过公务便条 |
[25:12] | And as I recall, you were the ones | 我没记错的话 是你们 |
[25:14] | who came knocking on my door. | 来找的我 |
[25:15] | So instead of coming into my office in the middle | 与其在半夜来我办公室 |
[25:17] | of the night, why don’t you do your job | 何不去做好你们的本分工作 |
[25:19] | and stop this goddamn thing from getting into court? | 防止这件事被置于法庭之上 |
[25:27] | Harvey, if you’re gonna tell me | 哈维 如果你打算告诉我 |
[25:28] | you don’t believe her, you can save it. | 你不相信她 那你可以省省了 |
[25:30] | – I’m not gonna tell you that. – Why not? | -我不打算那么说 -为什么 |
[25:32] | Because when a client says they’re guilty, | 因为但凡客户声明他们有罪 |
[25:34] | I believe them when they say that’s not the gun they used. | 我只相信他们说的那不是他们用的枪 |
[25:37] | Then what were you gonna say? | 你想说什么 |
[25:39] | I think he brought us that paper | 我认为他把文件送来 |
[25:40] | to send us on a wild goose chase, | 让我们白跑一趟 |
[25:41] | trying to figure out where that memo came from. | 是想搞清楚备忘录的出处 |
[25:43] | Why would he wanna do that? | 他为什么要这么做 |
[25:45] | Because he doesn’t actually have it. | 因为事实上他没有备忘录 |
[25:46] | And he wanted to take our eyes off the ball. | 并且想把我们的视线从球上移开 |
[25:48] | I don’t get it. What ball? | 我没听懂 什么球 |
[25:49] | The ball that says he’s gonna try and | 就是他会试图利用那篇文章作为证据 |
[25:50] | use that article as evidence to get the memo | 得到他还未承认存在的 |
[25:52] | – that he doesn’t have admitted. – He can’t do that. | -备忘录 -他不能这么做 |
[25:54] | The rules of evidence say that if that thing exists | 根据举证规则 如果备忘录存在 |
[25:57] | and he doesn’t have it, he can’t even submit a copy of it, | 但他没有原件 那他连提交复印件的权利都没有 |
[26:00] | let alone an article referring to it. | 更别说提交提及它的一篇文章了 |
[26:01] | And that, Harvey, is the ball he’s trying | 哈维 这就是他不想 |
[26:03] | to keep our eyes off of. | 让我们注意到的东西 |
[26:05] | That means all we have to do is show up at court tomorrow | 这意味着我们明天得在法庭上 |
[26:07] | – and stop him. – That’s pretty good, Mike. | -阻止他 -很棒 迈克 |
[26:09] | I gotta say, I’m impressed. | 我不得不赞叹一下 |
[26:11] | I’m impressed you remember the rules of evidence. | 我也赞叹你记得举证规则 |
[26:13] | – I am a lawyer, you know. – To tell you the truth, | -我是一名律师 你知道的 -说实话 |
[26:14] | between the hair and the short hours, | 有那么一些瞬间 |
[26:16] | I kinda forget it sometimes. | 我都有点忘记这事了 |
[26:17] | I don’t even know what that means. | 我不懂这是什么意思 |
[26:19] | I’m pretty sure you know what that means. | 我很确定你知道这是什么意思 |
[26:22] | – Good night, Michael. – Night, Harvey. | -晚安 迈克 -晚安 哈维 |
[26:28] | Okay, let’s go over the plan. | 好了 我们来过一遍计划 |
[26:30] | Okay, we make every one of these loan officers | 好 我们让所有的信贷员以为 |
[26:33] | think that we’ve seen their records. | 我们已经看过他们的记录 |
[26:35] | And if they’re not willing to admit this came from the top, | 如果他们不愿承认所做所为是上级要求 |
[26:38] | we’re gonna show that they did this all on their own. | 我们就证明这是他们自己的决定 |
[26:40] | In which case, we report them to HUD | 如此一来 我们向住房和城市发展部举报他们 |
[26:41] | and they never work in banking again. | 他们就永远无法在银行工作了 |
[26:44] | – Good. – Good. | -很好 -好的 |
[26:49] | You know, the last time we worked together | 上次我们俩像现在这样 |
[26:52] | on something like this was… | 一起工作是在… |
[26:55] | When you helped me with Model U.N. | 你帮我参加模拟联合国的时候 |
[26:58] | I was Switzerland. | 我当时是瑞士 |
[27:01] | And as I recall, | 据我回忆 |
[27:05] | Switzerland’s never kicked so much ass. | 瑞士因为你而前所未有地厉害 |
[27:13] | I’m glad you put off that wedding. | 我很高兴你推迟了婚礼 |
[27:17] | What? | 什么 |
[27:19] | – I thought you liked Mike. – I do. | -我以为你喜欢迈克 -我喜欢 |
[27:21] | But you put it off to spend time on your career. | 但你推迟婚礼把时间用在工作上 |
[27:24] | And because of that, | 正因为此 |
[27:26] | I’m spending time with you right now. | 我现在才能跟你共处 |
[27:36] | Louis. I’m glad you’re here. | 路易 我很高兴你在这里 |
[27:40] | I’m glad you’re here, too. Brian, I– | 我也很高兴你在这里 布莱恩 我… |
[27:42] | – I wanna say I’m sorry. – You don’t have to apologize. | -我想说声抱歉 -你不必道歉 |
[27:45] | You were right. | 你说得对 |
[27:47] | I messed up the case. | 我把案子搞砸了 |
[27:48] | But I wanna show you this. | 但我想给你看这个 |
[27:55] | How’d you come up with this? | 你怎么找到这个的 |
[27:57] | The truth? I was pissed off | 想听实话吗 我很生气 |
[27:58] | and I couldn’t stop thinking about how you keep treating us | 然后我忍不住去想你如何用同样的方式 |
[28:00] | the same way over and over again. | 一次又一次地折磨我们 |
[28:02] | And then I got to thinking, most people have a pattern. | 然后我突然想到 大多数人都有固定模式 |
[28:05] | – And most companies do, too. – Exactly. | -大多数公司也是如此 -没错 |
[28:07] | Brian, this is an amazing amount of work. | 布莱恩 这可是很大的工作量 |
[28:10] | I stayed up all night doing it. | 我熬了一整夜完成的 |
[28:12] | But I thought you take the night shift with your son. | 但我以为你熬夜陪儿子去了 |
[28:13] | Usually, but I told my wife | 通常是的 但我告诉我妻子 |
[28:15] | she’d have to take it last night | 昨晚她来接替我 |
[28:16] | because I don’t like being accused | 因为我不想被人指责 |
[28:17] | of being a bad father. | 是一个糟糕的父亲 |
[28:19] | But I won’t abide it making me a bad lawyer. | 但我不能让这种恐惧导致我变成一个烂律师 |
[28:21] | Uh, I don’t understand. | 我不明白 |
[28:23] | How does that make you a bad lawyer? | 这怎么会让你成为烂律师 |
[28:26] | I am not saying that it’s your fault. | 我并不是说这是你的错 |
[28:29] | But when I pictured him laughing at me, | 但当我想象他嘲笑我时 |
[28:31] | I lost control. | 我很失控 |
[28:34] | And I wrote the word inferior | 我写下那个词 |
[28:35] | because I was lashing out at him. | 是因为我想攻击他 |
[28:38] | Because the truth is… | 因为事实是… |
[28:40] | I’m afraid I am a bad father. | 我怕自己是个糟糕的父亲 |
[28:43] | You’re a good father, Brian. | 你是个好父亲 布莱恩 |
[28:45] | How can you know that? | 你怎么知道 |
[28:46] | Because I do, and I know what’s it like | 我就是知道 而且我还知道 |
[28:48] | to let your insecurities get in the way of your work, | 自己的不安全感妨碍了工作是什么感觉 |
[28:50] | believe me. | 相信我 |
[28:51] | But right now, we’re gonna channel the shit | 但现在 我们要从不安全感中 |
[28:53] | out of our insecurities | 走出来 |
[28:54] | and go spank these nipple-stealing motherfu–ers. | 然后去对付这些无耻的混蛋 |
[28:59] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[29:02] | Your Honor, you gave me 24 hours to introduce evidence | 法官 你给了我二十四小时 |
[29:04] | that I have a case. | 为立案提交证据 |
[29:06] | Well, I would like to introduce this document. | 我想提交这个文件 |
[29:08] | Your Honor, he’s about to introduce | 法官 他想提交一篇文章 |
[29:09] | an article that says my client | 上面写着我的委托人 |
[29:11] | directed an illegal sale of a company. | 主导了一次公司非法出售 |
[29:13] | Well, I have a copy of that article right here | 我手里就有一份这篇文章 |
[29:16] | and unless he has the actual memo it refers to, | 除非他有文章提到的真实备忘录 |
[29:19] | this article itself is inadmissible. | 否则这篇文章是不能采纳的 |
[29:21] | Let me see that. | 交给我看看 |
[29:22] | Your Honor, Mr. Specter’s right, | 法官 斯佩克特说得对 |
[29:24] | I do not have the memo that he’s referring to. | 我没有他口中的备忘录 |
[29:26] | But since he brought it up, | 但既然他提起这个 |
[29:27] | the reason that I would like to have entered that article | 我想提交这篇文章的原因是 向法庭显示 |
[29:29] | is to show the court that that memo existed and he buried it. | 该备忘录确实存在 并且他把它毁了 |
[29:32] | – What? – Mr. Malik, that’s an outrageous claim. | -什么 -马利克 这说法很离谱 |
[29:35] | What’s outrageous is that he’s done it before | 真正离谱的是他曾经也这么做 |
[29:36] | and he’s still practicing law. | 现在却依旧是律师 |
[29:37] | Okay, that is a lie and I want that | 好吧 你这是撒谎 我想要这段话 |
[29:39] | – stricken from the record. – It’s not a lie. | -做无效处理 -这不是撒谎 |
[29:40] | – I can prove it. – Bullshit. | -我有证据 -鬼扯 |
[29:42] | Mr. Specter, that’s enough. | 斯佩克特 够了 |
[29:43] | If Mr. Malik can’t back up his allegation, | 如果马利克无法证实他的主张 |
[29:45] | he’ll be held in contempt of court. | 他会被指控藐视法庭 |
[29:47] | But in my experience, old dogs don’t learn new tricks. | 但依据我的经验 老狗学不了新把戏 |
[29:50] | So if he can prove it, that combined with this article | 所以如果他能证明 再加上这篇文章 |
[29:52] | will give me reason to believe that you’ve done it again. | 我有理由相信你又故技重施 |
[29:56] | We’ll reconvene in two days. | 两天后开庭 |
[29:58] | What the hell is he talking about? | 他在说些什么 |
[30:00] | Whatever it is, I swear to you | 无论如何 我向你保证 |
[30:01] | that when the dust settles, we’ll still win this thing. | 等尘埃落定 我们会赢得庭审 |
[30:03] | You son of a bitch. You got nothing on me | 混蛋 你才没有证据 |
[30:05] | because there’s nothing to have. | 因为我没做过 |
[30:06] | Oh, I’ve got plenty. The only question is, | 我证据多的是 唯一的问题是 |
[30:09] | which one of the many times that you’ve crossed the line | 在你多次越界行为中 |
[30:10] | am I planning on exposing to the world? | 我该对外揭露哪一次 |
[30:23] | I hope you don’t mind. I’m returning the favor. | 我希望你不会介意 我是在投桃报李 |
[30:26] | You better not be in here to yell at me. | 你最好别在这里吼我 |
[30:27] | I’m not. I’m here to tell you that you were right. | 我不会的 我来这里告诉你你说对了 |
[30:31] | And I’m sorry I yelled at you, Gretchen. | 我很抱歉吼了你 格蕾琴 |
[30:34] | And I’m also sorry I told you to cancel Lipschitz. | 我还很抱歉让你取消利普希茨的预约 |
[30:36] | I mean, that was the dumbest thing I’ve ever said. | 这是我说过最蠢的话了 |
[30:39] | No, Louis, the dumbest thing you’ve ever said | 不 路易 你说过最蠢的话是 |
[30:41] | was when you ordered me to adopt | 你叫我在办公室 |
[30:42] | a family of Siamese cats for the office. | 养一窝暹罗猫 |
[30:46] | But you didn’t do that. | 但你没有这样做 |
[30:48] | And I didn’t cancel Lipschitz either. | 我也没有取消利普希茨的预约 |
[30:51] | I moved him to 6:00 tonight. | 我把时间改到了今晚六点 |
[30:52] | 6? I’ll never make it over there, it’s too late. | 六点 我不可能赶得上 现在太晚了 |
[30:54] | Then it’s a good thing I convinced him to come here. | 所以庆幸的是我说服他到这里来 |
[30:59] | Thank you, Gretchen. | 谢谢你 格雷琴 |
[31:02] | And for the record, I would never fire you. | 还有 我绝不会开除你 |
[31:07] | I know, Louis. | 我知道 路易 |
[31:10] | I know. | 我知道 |
[31:18] | – Ms. Davies? – You look surprised. | -戴维斯小姐 -你看起来很惊讶 |
[31:22] | We have the time right, don’t we? | 我们准时到了 对吧 |
[31:23] | Yes, you do. | 是的 |
[31:28] | Before we get started, I would just like to point out | 我们开始前 我想指出 |
[31:30] | we’re not just here to get justice for our clients. | 我们不仅要为我们的客户讨回公道 |
[31:33] | We’re also here to protect you. | 我们还会保护你 |
[31:35] | Careful, Lisa, they’re trying to get your trust | 小心 丽莎 他们试图博得你的信任 |
[31:37] | before they stab you in the back. | 然后在背后捅你一刀 |
[31:38] | – We’re not stabbing anyone. – We have 123 plaintiffs | -我们不会捅任何人 -我们有123个起诉人 |
[31:42] | who were all steered into higher rate mortgages | 被操控负担更高的贷款汇率 |
[31:44] | all of whom happen to be people of color. | 这些人都恰好是有色人种 |
[31:47] | And what exactly is your question? | 你的问题到底是什么 |
[31:49] | We wanna know who gave your client the goddamn mandate. | 我们想知道谁给了你的客户这样的授权 |
[31:51] | – There is no mandate. – Just because it’s not | -没有什么授权 -没有写到纸上 |
[31:53] | written down doesn’t mean it’s not understood. | 并不意味着不算不成文规定 |
[31:54] | I’ve been a loan officer at Avon for ten years. | 我在雅芳做了十年的信贷员 |
[31:57] | Our lending process doesn’t allow for discrimination. | 我们的贷款流程不允许出现歧视 |
[31:59] | – How is that possible? – A computer program | -怎么可能 -一个电脑程序 |
[32:01] | strips out race, gender, and photos | 在准批人员看到申请之前 |
[32:04] | before approval officers ever see the application. | 剔除种族 性别和照片信息 |
[32:06] | Bullshit. Then why even ask for those things | 胡说 那为什么一开始要要 |
[32:08] | – in the first place? – Because we have to protect | -这些信息呢 -因为我们要防止 |
[32:09] | against identity fraud. – And none of that | -身份欺诈 -这些都没有阻止 |
[32:11] | stops the boss from telling you to deny number 512 | 老板让你们拒绝512个人的 |
[32:14] | their rightful mortgage. | 合法贷款 |
[32:15] | Because he’s a predatory piece of shit | 因为他是可恶的掠夺者 |
[32:17] | and he’s using fools like you to cover his own ass! | 他用你这样的傻瓜打掩护 |
[32:19] | – Excuse me? – Dad. | -你说什么 -爸 |
[32:20] | How can you work for a man like that? | 你怎么能为这样的人工作 |
[32:22] | I would never work for a place | 我绝不会在一个 |
[32:23] | that engaged in discrimination and I am more than happy | 有歧视的地方工作而且我很乐意 |
[32:25] | – to say that on the stand. – Well, you’re gonna | -在法庭上这么说 -你会有机会的 |
[32:26] | get your chance because something is going on here | 因为这里面有猫腻 |
[32:28] | and I’m gonna get to the bottom of this. | 我会查到底 |
[32:29] | – We’re done here. – Bullshit, we’re done. | -我们谈完了 -胡说 还没完 |
[32:31] | We have five more people to depose. | 我们还有五个人要取证 |
[32:33] | And they’re gonna say the exact same thing Lisa just did, | 他们会说和丽莎同样的话 |
[32:35] | but I’m not gonna give you the chance to treat them | 但我不会给你机会像你对待她一样 |
[32:36] | the way you just treated her. | 对待他们 |
[32:38] | What I am gonna do is petition the judge | 我会请愿法官 |
[32:39] | to have this case thrown out. | 废掉这个案子 |
[32:54] | Don’t tell me you still want me to give up | 别告诉我你还想让我放弃 |
[32:56] | because even if I wanted to– | 因为即使我想… |
[32:57] | That’s not what I’m here to say. | 这不是我要说的 |
[32:59] | We need to figure out what case he’s talking about. | 我们得弄明白他说的是哪个案子 |
[33:01] | I know what case. He worked in the DA’s office ten years. | 我知道哪个案子 他在地检办公室工作了十年 |
[33:04] | He’s talking about Clifford Danner. | 他说的是克利福德·丹纳 |
[33:06] | Harvey, that doesn’t make any sense. | 哈维 这讲不通 |
[33:07] | You didn’t suppress that evidence, Cameron Dennis did. | 你没有压着证据 那是卡梅隆·丹尼斯 |
[33:09] | Malik doesn’t give a shit about that. | 马利克才不管 |
[33:11] | I was the prosecuting attorney. | 我是当时的检察官 |
[33:13] | I should’ve known what was happening with my own case, | 我应该知道自己案子的情况 |
[33:14] | which means we’re screwed. | 意味着我们完了 |
[33:16] | – Unless– – Unless what? | -除非… -除非什么 |
[33:17] | Unless we can get Cameron Dennis to admit | 除非我们能让卡梅隆·丹尼斯承认 |
[33:19] | that he buried the evidence and that you didn’t know about it. | 他隐藏了证据而你不知道 |
[33:22] | Mike, there’s no way Cameron’s gonna admit to that. | 迈克 卡梅隆才不会承认 |
[33:26] | – Wait a second. – What? | -等等 -什么 |
[33:28] | There’s also no way he’d set me up | 他也不能因为我没有做的事情 |
[33:30] | for something I didn’t do. | 陷害我 |
[33:31] | Which means we need to figure out how Malik’s | 所以我们得找出马利克会怎样做 |
[33:34] | gonna make it look like I suppressed that evidence. | 看起来像是我隐藏了证据 |
[33:36] | He’s gonna subpoena the one other person who was there | 他会传唤你办克利福德·丹纳时的 |
[33:38] | when you put Clifford Danner away. | 另一个人 |
[33:41] | – No. – Yes. He’s calling me | -不 -他打给我要 |
[33:43] | to the stand in two days. | 两天后出庭 |
[33:45] | Then we need to get you prepared. | 我们得帮你准备好 |
[33:46] | And we need to do it in front of an audience. | 我们得在大庭广众下做 |
[33:48] | You’re talking about a mock trial? | 你指的是模拟庭审吗 |
[33:49] | No way, I’m not putting Donna through that. | 不行 我不会让唐娜这样 |
[33:51] | Harvey, Mike’s right. | 哈维 迈克说得对 |
[33:53] | But you’re not the one who has to put me through it, | 但你不是那个让我承受这些的人 |
[33:55] | – it has to be Louis. – Donna, | -必须是路易 -唐娜 |
[33:56] | you know what happened last time Louis did that. | 你知道上次路易这么做的时候发生了什么 |
[33:58] | Yes, I do. He was brutal. | 我知道 他很残忍 |
[34:01] | Which is exactly what Andy Malik’s gonna be. | 正是安德·马利克要做的 |
[34:03] | So either you can tell Louis or I will. | 所以要么你告诉路易 要么我去 |
[34:05] | But either way, it’s gotta be him. | 不管怎样 必须是他 |
[34:06] | Donna, even if I said yes, | 唐娜 即使我同意 |
[34:08] | last time Louis did that, it made him sick. | 上次路易这么做 他很难受 |
[34:11] | He’s not gonna wanna do that again. | 他不会再想这样做的 |
[34:13] | He won’t want to. | 他不会愿意 |
[34:15] | But he will. | 但是他会做 |
[34:22] | Well, thanks for meeting me here. | 感谢你来见我 |
[34:23] | Well, when you put off our session, | 你推迟了我们的治疗 |
[34:25] | I knew you must be in the middle of something important. | 我知道你一定在忙要紧的事 |
[34:28] | That’s not why I put it off. | 不是因为这个 |
[34:30] | What happened, Louis? | 发生了什么 路易 |
[34:32] | You remember Sheila? | 你还记得希拉吗 |
[34:34] | Yeah, of course. | 当然 |
[34:35] | She was the subject of many of our conversations. | 她是我们多次谈话的主角 |
[34:38] | Yeah, well the long and short of it is she’s getting married. | 总而言之 她要结婚了 |
[34:41] | And before she does, she wanted to have | 在她结婚之前 她想和我 |
[34:43] | one last night with me. | 共度最后一晚 |
[34:44] | And I didn’t tell you about it | 我没有告诉你 |
[34:47] | because I was afraid that you would judge me. | 是因为我怕你批判我 |
[34:49] | Louis, it doesn’t matter what I think of your actions. | 路易 我怎么看你的行为不重要 |
[34:54] | What do you think? | 你怎么看 |
[34:55] | She said it would free her to live her life. | 她说这会让她解脱开始新生活 |
[35:00] | And I want her to be happy with her life, | 我想让她快乐地生活 |
[35:04] | even if it’s not with me. | 即使不是和我 |
[35:06] | Then your heart is in the right place. | 那么你的出发点是对的 |
[35:08] | Don’t you see? My heart is not the problem. | 看到了吗 我的出发点不是问题 |
[35:10] | I can’t get her out of my head. | 我不能忘掉她 |
[35:15] | It’s Sheila. | 希拉 |
[35:18] | It’s always been Sheila. | 我爱的一直都是希拉 |
[35:20] | But Louis, as I recall, | 但是路易 我记得 |
[35:23] | it was you who ended it with her. | 是你和她提出分手 |
[35:26] | Because I wanted to have a baby. | 因为我想要孩子 |
[35:29] | And she didn’t. | 她不想 |
[35:31] | And now I’m not gonna have anything. | 而现在我什么都没有了 |
[35:34] | Louis, I understand all that. | 路易 我都明白 |
[35:38] | But from what Gretchen told me, | 但是根据格雷琴告诉我的情况 |
[35:42] | I think it’s time we figure out a way | 我想是时候想办法 |
[35:44] | for you to stop lashing out at those around you. | 防止你向周围的人出气了 |
[35:53] | I thought you went back to your office. | 我以为你回办公室去了 |
[35:55] | No, I didn’t. I thought that I would | 没有 我想给你一些时间 |
[35:58] | give you some time to calm down | 冷静下来之后 |
[35:59] | and think about telling me the truth | 告诉我实话 |
[36:02] | about what is going on here. | 这是怎么一回事 |
[36:05] | Nothing’s going on. | 没怎么回事 |
[36:06] | Dad, you said that you wanted | 爸 你说你想和我 |
[36:08] | to be closer with me. | 更亲近 |
[36:12] | Now’s your chance. | 现在就是你的机会 |
[36:17] | This case isn’t about race or money. | 这个案子无关乎种族或钱 |
[36:20] | That man who heads up this company is a predator, | 掌管这家公司的人是个彻彻底底的 |
[36:22] | through and through. | 掠夺者 |
[36:25] | And I wanted to get him back for going after | 我想教训他因为有个人 |
[36:27] | the one person I should’ve helped when I had the chance. | 我曾有机会去帮助 |
[36:30] | But I didn’t. | 却没有 |
[36:31] | Who? | 谁 |
[36:33] | 25 years ago, that CEO was a branch manager. | 25年前 那位总裁还是个分行经理 |
[36:38] | Arthur Kitridge. | 阿瑟·克特里奇 |
[36:41] | And your aunt worked for him. | 你姑姑为他工作过 |
[36:44] | And he made her life a living hell. | 他把她的生活变成了地狱 |
[36:47] | Because she was black? | 因为她是黑人吗 |
[36:48] | Because she was beautiful. | 因为她是个美人 |
[36:51] | He wouldn’t leave her alone. | 他不断骚扰她 |
[36:53] | Finally, she threatened to do something, | 最终 她威胁说要告他 |
[36:55] | and he fired her. | 就被他解雇了 |
[36:57] | And you didn’t help her. | 而你没有帮她 |
[36:59] | I was a young attorney. | 当时我只是个刚出道的律师 |
[37:02] | Taking on a case like that | 接这种案子 |
[37:05] | was only gonna get me fired, too. | 只会让我自己也丢了工作 |
[37:06] | So I told her there was nothing we could do. | 所以我告诉她我们没有办法 |
[37:10] | And after that… | 那之后 |
[37:11] | her life fell apart. | 她的生活就分崩离析了 |
[37:14] | Dad, why didn’t you ever tell me any of this before? | 爸爸 你为什么从来没跟我说过 |
[37:16] | Because she died | 因为几年后 |
[37:18] | a few years later, and I was ashamed. | 她就去世了 而我一直很羞愧 |
[37:22] | And then I watched your fiancé risk his career | 接着当我看到你未婚夫冒着被解雇的危险 |
[37:26] | to help those prisoners | 去帮那些囚犯 |
[37:27] | and I knew I had to do something. | 我就知道我该做些什么了 |
[37:33] | You only knew her later. | 你只见过后来的她 |
[37:36] | But if you had seen her before, | 如果你认识以前那个 |
[37:38] | smart, beautiful, full of life… | 聪明 美丽 充满活力的她 |
[37:41] | she could’ve been anything she wanted. | 她的未来本来有无限可能 |
[37:45] | Just like you. | 像你一样 |
[37:49] | I wish I had known her then. | 我也希望能认识当时的她 |
[37:52] | But Dad, I know that whenever you set your mind to something, | 但是爸爸 我知道一旦你决定做一件事 |
[37:56] | there is nothing that can stop you. | 就没有什么能阻碍你 |
[38:00] | So I say we take the night and we regroup. | 所以我建议我们今晚好好整顿 |
[38:05] | And tomorrow morning, we’ll find a way. | 明天早上 我们一定能想到办法 |
[38:12] | – Louis, wait. – Whatever it is, guys, | -路易 等等 -不管是什么事 |
[38:15] | I can deal with it tomorrow. It’s been an emotional day. | 我可以明天做 今天我心情不好 |
[38:17] | Unfortunately, it’s not over yet. | 很遗憾 必须今天说 |
[38:19] | I’ve been subpoenaed | 首席检察官 |
[38:19] | by the Attorney General’s office. | 给我发了传票 |
[38:21] | What are you talking about? You have nothing to do | 什么 你跟哈维的案子 |
[38:23] | – with Harvey’s case. – She doesn’t. | -又没关系 -是没有 |
[38:24] | But he wants to use her to prove | 但他想利用她 |
[38:26] | that I’ve suppressed evidence before | 证明我以前隐藏过证据 |
[38:28] | and I’m doing it again. | 而我现在正故伎重演 |
[38:29] | – Did you? – No. | -你有过吗 -没有 |
[38:31] | Louis, he’s gonna question me about the Clifford Danner case | 路易 他要问我克利福德·丹纳案 |
[38:33] | and try to make it look like Harvey knew what was going on | 他会故意把这事说得好像哈维本已知情 |
[38:35] | and so I must’ve too. | 所以我肯定也知道 |
[38:37] | You know what that means. I need you to prepare me. | 你知道这意味着什么 我需要你帮我准备 |
[38:41] | I don’t care. | 我不管 |
[38:42] | – I can’t. – Louis. | -我做不到 -路易 |
[38:44] | No. Ask Alex to do it, ask Mike. | 不行 去找亚历克斯 或者迈克 |
[38:46] | It has to be you, you’ve done it before. | 必须是你 你以前也做过 |
[38:48] | Which is exactly why I don’t wanna do it again. | 所以我才不想再来一次 |
[38:49] | – I’m not doing that to Donna. – Louis. | -我不想这样对唐娜 -路易 |
[38:51] | Look, you told me you did what you did | 你当时跟我说你之所以那么做 |
[38:55] | because Travis Tanner doesn’t give a shit about Donna | 是因为特拉维斯·坦纳不在乎唐娜 |
[38:57] | and he was gonna come after her full bore. | 他会尽其所能击溃她 |
[38:59] | Well, this guy has at least as much of an axe to grind. | 这个人一样跟我们有怨 |
[39:03] | And he worked with us in the D.A.’s office. | 他还和我们一起在检察院共事过 |
[39:05] | Which means he knows more about us. | 也就是说他了解我们 |
[39:07] | And the only way to protect me is to prepare me | 而保护我的唯一办法 就是你帮我准备好 |
[39:09] | for what’s coming. | 怎么应付这场战斗 |
[39:11] | You are asking me to go personal again. | 你又要我进行人身攻击 |
[39:15] | – And I won’t do it. – No. Louis, | -我不要 -不 路易 |
[39:19] | I am asking you to do whatever you have to do | 我是在要你再次 不择手段地 |
[39:22] | to protect me again. | 保护我 |
[39:24] | And I am telling you it’s okay to do it. | 而且你这么做不是坏事 |
[39:33] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[39:35] | But I’m not gonna do anything until tomorrow. | 但是这些都得等明天 |
[39:38] | Because I need to do something first. | 有一件事必须先办 |
[39:45] | Donna, what are you doing here? | 唐娜 你怎么来了 |
[39:47] | I’m ready to tell you about what happened | 我准备好告诉你那天 |
[39:48] | on my date the other night. | 我约会的事了 |
[39:49] | Well, Mike’s still at the office | 迈克还在办公室 |
[39:51] | and we’ve got the place all to ourselves, so… | 家里只有我们两个 说吧 |
[39:57] | Do you remember at Harvey’s mock trial | 你还记得几年前哈维的 |
[39:59] | a couple years ago when Louis asked if I loved Harvey? | 模拟庭审上 路易问我是不是爱着哈维吗 |
[40:03] | How could I not? | 怎么会忘 |
[40:05] | And he also asked me about my last serious boyfriend | 他还问到了我上一段认真的恋情 |
[40:08] | and what broke us up. | 为何结束 |
[40:09] | He asked you to choose | 他要求你在他 |
[40:11] | between him and Harvey. | 和哈维之间做选择 |
[40:13] | And you wouldn’t. | 你不愿意 |
[40:15] | Well, I was thinking about that old boyfriend recently | 最近我想起了这个前任 |
[40:17] | and… | 于是 |
[40:20] | I called him and we went out to lunch. | 我叫他出来吃了午餐 |
[40:22] | – And? – It was wonderful. | -然后呢 -很棒 |
[40:25] | Until he told me he was married. | 直到他跟我说他结婚了 |
[40:27] | And I was about to meet him at a hotel | 当时接到你的短信时 我正要 |
[40:29] | when I got your text. | 去旅馆见他 |
[40:30] | And I told him I couldn’t. | 我跟他说我做不到 |
[40:32] | Why didn’t you tell me about any of this earlier? | 你怎么不早点告诉我 |
[40:34] | I don’t know. I guess maybe I was judging myself | 我不知道 我想也许是我在自责 |
[40:37] | and I was afraid that you were gonna judge me, too. | 我害怕你也会指责我 |
[40:39] | – I would never do that. – I know. | -我不会的 -我知道 |
[40:41] | But sometimes it’s just easier to push away the people | 但有时候拒绝别人的关心 |
[40:43] | who care about you than tell them the real story. | 比实话实说要容易 |
[40:47] | Well, | 好吧 |
[40:48] | you can push me away as much as you want. | 不管你怎么推开我 |
[40:51] | I’ll still be here. | 我都不会抛弃你的 |
[40:56] | Do you regret it? | 你后悔吗 |
[41:01] | Regret what? | 后悔什么 |
[41:02] | Putting Harvey over this guy. | 把哈维置于这个人之上 |
[41:09] | I think maybe I regret putting Harvey over myself. | 我想我后悔的 也许是把哈维置于我自己之上 |
[41:21] | Louis, what are you doing here? 11:00 P.M. | 路易 半夜十一点 你怎么来了 |
[41:24] | I came because I knew you were taking the night shift | 我来是因为我知道你晚上要照顾他 |
[41:26] | and since you stayed up all last night, | 但你昨晚都没有睡觉 |
[41:30] | I thought you might need a little relief. | 所以我想也许你需要点帮助 |
[41:35] | Are you sure? | 真的吗 |
[41:37] | I am. Though I may need a little help | 真的 虽然前半个小时 |
[41:38] | with the first half hour. | 可能还需要你指导 |
[41:40] | I don’t know, you look like a natural to me. | 不用吧 我觉得你天生就会 |
[41:44] | – You wanna take him? – Yeah. | -要抱抱他吗 -好 |
[41:45] | Okay. | 好的 |
[41:48] | – Oh, get his head. – His head, okay. | -托住他的头 -头 好的 |
[41:49] | – You gotta support his head. – There we go. | -头要托稳 -好的 |
[41:51] | Austin, I’d like you to meet Louis. | 奥斯汀 这是路易 |
[41:54] | Austin, it’s so nice to meet you. | 奥斯汀 很高兴认识你 |
[41:58] | Hey, come in. | 快请进 |
[42:04] | Do you really think I’m gonna be a natural? | 你真的觉得我天生就会吗 |
[42:06] | Yeah, absolutely. | 当然 |
[42:08] | Oh, what do I do? | 现在做什么 |
[42:09] | I don’t care. I’m going to sleep. | 我不管了 我睡了 |
[42:10] | Oh, no, no, no, no. What do I do? | 不行不行 我不知道该做什么 |
[42:12] | Thank you. | 谢啦 |
[42:13] | It’s gonna be okay. | 不会有事的 |
[42:18] | It’s gonna be okay. | 不会有事的 |
[42:20] | Hello. I’m Louis. | 你好 我叫路易 |