时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:08] | I can’t afford Zane’s buy-in. | 我付不起赞恩的入股资金 |
[00:09] | I pay you out of my own pocket | 我个人出钱 |
[00:11] | and the partner’s find out, it will cost me millions. | 要是让合伙人知道 我会损失几百万 |
[00:14] | Jessica, I need this. | 杰西卡 我需要这个 |
[00:16] | I’m actually loaning you this money, | 我是借你这笔钱 |
[00:18] | and you’re gonna loan it to him, | 你再借给他 |
[00:19] | and if nobody ever repays anybody, | 如果没人还钱 |
[00:21] | – nobody’s gonna give a shit. – Thank you. | -也没人在乎 -谢谢 |
[00:24] | Harvey, it’s time to take my name off the wall. | 哈维 该把我的名字拆下来了 |
[00:26] | And what if I say I accept it? | 要是我说我接受呢 |
[00:27] | Then you’ve got two things to figure out. | 那你有两个问题 |
[00:29] | How much are you gonna spend to buy me out, | 你付多少钱买断我 |
[00:31] | and how’re you gonna spin this thing? | 这件事怎么办 |
[00:32] | The second we cut her a check, | 只要我们开支票 |
[00:33] | we don’t have a leg to stand on in court. | 庭上就没有立足之地了 |
[00:35] | It’s a one-way ticket to bankruptcy. | 这是破产直通车 |
[00:36] | Well, I’m not letting that son of a bitch | 我也不能让那个混蛋 |
[00:38] | back into the house Jessica took from him. | 回到杰西卡开除他的律所来 |
[00:39] | Wait a second. Stanley Gordon doesn’t need money. | 等等 斯坦利·戈登不缺钱 |
[00:41] | He just wants the world to know that Jessica’s name’s dog shit. | 他只是想让世界知道杰西卡名誉扫地 |
[00:44] | If we put out a public statement | 要是我们公开声明 |
[00:45] | that throws Jessica under the bus– | 让杰西卡背锅… |
[00:46] | – No way. – We do this, | -不行 -这么做 |
[00:47] | Jessica gets paid, we are free and clear. | 杰西卡能拿到钱 我们也毫发无伤 |
[00:50] | I was just wondering if there’s a reason why | 我只是在想我桌上为什么 |
[00:52] | I just got a new lease on my desk | 有一张新租约 |
[00:53] | that’s 10% less than our last one. | 租金还便宜了10% |
[00:55] | I just wanted to thank you for keeping me. | 我只是想谢谢你留下我 |
[00:57] | Before you go. | 走之前 |
[00:58] | Do you want me to pour us a drink? | 想不想跟我喝一杯 |
[01:00] | What do you say we shake things up | 不如我们大胆点 |
[01:01] | and make it two? | 喝两杯吧 |
[01:17] | Nathan, what are you doing here? | 纳森 你来干什么 |
[01:20] | – Can I come in? – Yeah, of course. | -我可以进去吗 -当然 |
[01:22] | – Thanks. – Can I get you a coffee or something? | -谢谢 -要我给你倒杯咖啡吗 |
[01:25] | – No, I’m, I’m good. – What’s going on? | -不用了 -怎么了 |
[01:30] | Well, I don’t know how to say this, | 我不知道要怎么说 |
[01:32] | so I’m just going to say it. | 所以我就直说了 |
[01:34] | I got into a case. It started getting to me, | 我参与了一宗案子 我越来越放不下 |
[01:37] | and the next thing I knew, it turned into a class action. | 很快就变成了一宗集体诉讼案 |
[01:42] | Nathan, you don’t have the resources | 纳森 你没有足够资源 |
[01:43] | to take on a class action. | 来承担集体诉讼 |
[01:45] | That didn’t stop you from taking on | 那你去年不还是 |
[01:46] | – those miners last year. – No, it didn’t. | -接了那些矿工的案子吗 -是啊 |
[01:47] | But I ended up needing to go to Pearson Specter for help. | 但我最终还是得去皮尔逊-斯佩克特求助 |
[01:51] | Why do you think I’m here now? | 你以为我是来干什么的 |
[01:53] | You want me to ask my firm to help you? | 你要我叫我的律所帮你 |
[01:55] | I want your firm to make an investment in the clinic. | 我要你的律所向诊所投资 |
[01:58] | Nathan, that’s never going to happen. | 纳森 那是绝不可能的 |
[02:00] | Well, I need some kind of help. | 反正我需要帮助 |
[02:02] | Because there are a bunch of children | 因为有一群孩子 |
[02:03] | who are never going to live normal lives, | 将再也过不上正常生活 |
[02:04] | and if I don’t think of something, | 如果我不想想办法 |
[02:05] | I’m going to have to choose between them, | 我就得在他们和维持诊所营业间 |
[02:06] | and keeping the clinic in business. | 做出选择 |
[02:08] | Wait, wait, wait, what do you mean | 等等 什么叫 |
[02:09] | they’re never going to have normal lives? | 他们再也过不上正常生活了 |
[02:11] | There’s a school in upstate New York. | 纽约州北有一家学校 |
[02:13] | About ten years ago, Discharge Power started making | 大概十年前 放电电池开始在 |
[02:15] | batteries a thousand yards away. | 一千码外制造电池 |
[02:17] | Those kids started getting lead poisoning. | 那些孩子就开始铅中毒 |
[02:19] | And they say it’s not from the plant, but it is. | 他们说不是工厂造成的 但就是 |
[02:24] | All right, I have an idea. | 好吧 我有主意了 |
[02:26] | But it’s not giving you money, | 但不是给你钱 |
[02:27] | and it’s not giving you our associates. | 也不是给你我们的律师 |
[02:34] | I know we drank a few last night, | 我知道我们昨晚喝了几杯 |
[02:35] | but I’m pretty sure you’re in the wrong office. | 但我确定你走错了办公室 |
[02:38] | I was going to replace the bottle we finished, | 我是想换上我们喝光的那瓶 |
[02:40] | but I can find it another home. | 但我可以另找地方摆它 |
[02:42] | What’s that they say about great minds? | “英雄所见”什么来着 |
[02:46] | Seriously, Donna, it was nice just to hang out, | 说真的 唐娜 能跟你一起 |
[02:48] | and enjoy each other’s company. | 聊聊天感觉很好 |
[02:51] | It sure was. | 是啊 |
[02:53] | So, things between us are– | 那我们之间的事 |
[02:57] | Back to normal? | 回归正常了 |
[02:58] | If they are for you, they are for me. | 如果你是 我就是 |
[03:01] | Good. | 很好 |
[03:03] | I hope you two didn’t break out the scotch on my behalf. | 希望你俩不是为我拿出了威士忌 |
[03:06] | I don’t imbibe this early unless I’m on vacation. | 除非是度假 我不会这么早喝酒 |
[03:09] | I know you’re getting old, Stanley, | 我知道你是年纪大了 斯坦利 |
[03:10] | but you’re on permanent vacation. | 但你要永久度假了 |
[03:12] | Well, I hate to break it to you, | 真不想戳破 |
[03:13] | but I’m stepping back into the ring. | 但我要回归了 |
[03:15] | That doesn’t look like a Christmas present. | 那不像是份圣诞礼物 |
[03:16] | It’s a lawsuit on behalf of your former partners | 是代表前合伙人发起的诉讼 |
[03:18] | for damages incurred by the criminal actions of this firm. | 为该律所违法行为造成的损失索赔 |
[03:22] | What the hell are you talking about? | 你说什么呢 |
[03:23] | Every single partner who left this firm | 迈克·罗斯入狱后 |
[03:25] | after Mike Ross went to jail is damaged goods. | 所有曾供职这间律所的律师都被玷污了 |
[03:27] | – Bullshit. – It’s not bullshit. | -扯淡 -不是扯淡 |
[03:29] | And in case it hasn’t occurred to you, | 如果你们还没想到 |
[03:30] | once you put that statement out about Jessica’s disbarment, | 你们关于杰西卡被取消律师资格的声明 |
[03:33] | you made my case for me. | 就是替我说话 |
[03:34] | Sone of a–we issued that statement to appease you. | 该死的 我们发表那篇声明就是为了安抚你 |
[03:37] | Hey, it wasn’t my idea to throw your mommy under the bus. | 把你妈妈丢出来背锅不是我的点子 |
[03:39] | It was your partner’s. | 是你合伙人的 |
[03:41] | All I did was take advantage of an opportunity. | 我不过是利用了一个机会 |
[03:43] | Now, if you’ll excuse me, I have a trial to prepare for. | 失陪了 我还得去准备庭审 |
[03:56] | Harvey, we have a problem. | 哈维 我们有麻烦了 |
[03:57] | Well, whatever it is, it’s going to have to wait. | 不管是什么 都得等等了 |
[03:59] | Because I just got a visit from Stanley Gordon. | 因为斯坦利·戈登刚来找过我 |
[04:01] | – Me too, he’s suing us. – And what exactly are you | -我也是 他要起诉我们 -那你究竟 |
[04:02] | planning to do about it? | 打算怎么办 |
[04:03] | Because this whole thing is your fault. | 因为这件事都怪你 |
[04:05] | My fault? How is it my fault? | 怪我 怎么怪我了 |
[04:07] | You were the one who came up with that idea to release | 是你提出了那个点子 |
[04:09] | that statement condemning Jessica in the first place. | 发表声明谴责杰西卡 |
[04:11] | Harvey, I am not the enemy Stanley Gordon is. | 哈维 我不是敌人 斯坦利·戈登才是 |
[04:13] | And I don’t care how he twisted it. | 我不管他怎么扭曲了它 |
[04:15] | It was a good idea. | 那个点子很好 |
[04:16] | Well, we need another good idea. | 我们需要新的好点子 |
[04:17] | Because he’s suing for the exact amount | 因为他提出的数额就是 |
[04:19] | of their original buy-ins. | 他们最初的入股金 |
[04:21] | Wait a second. | 等等 |
[04:22] | This is about their buy-ins. | 这是为了入股金 |
[04:24] | Of course it’s about their buy-ins. | 当然是为了入股金 |
[04:26] | – What difference does that make? – If we can prove | -这有什么区别 -如果我们能证明 |
[04:27] | that this is just a back door way of getting that money back, | 这是拿回那笔钱的后门办法 |
[04:30] | we can get this thing dismissed | 我们就能趁它 |
[04:31] | before it ever gets off the ground. | 还没风生水起就让案子被撤销 |
[04:33] | All right. | 好 |
[04:34] | You get to work on drafting a motion, | 你去起草动议 |
[04:36] | I’m going to try and get us some proof. | 我要去想办法拿到证据 |
[04:39] | Harvey, you think we should let Jessica know? | 哈维 你觉得我们该告诉杰西卡吗 |
[04:42] | No, Louis, I don’t. | 不 路易 不要 |
[04:43] | Because I’m not about to tell Jessica | 因为我不想告诉杰西卡 |
[04:45] | that we issued a statement condemning her for nothing. | 我们白白发表了一篇谴责她的声明 |
[05:24] | – Donna, have you seen Harvey? – He’s out, Mike. | -唐娜 你见到哈维了吗 -他出去了 迈克 |
[05:27] | And he’s going to be out for a while. | 他一时半会儿回不来的 |
[05:29] | – What happened? – We got hit with a lawsuit | -怎么了 -我们被起诉了 |
[05:31] | from Stanley Gordon. | 斯坦利·戈登 |
[05:33] | The partners are coming after their money, | 合伙人想要他们的钱 |
[05:34] | – and they hired him to do it. – Shit. | -他们雇了他来出手 -该死 |
[05:36] | – If we lose that– – I know. | -如果我们输了 -是啊 |
[05:38] | But it’s Harvey and Louis, so we don’t need to go there yet. | 但哈维和路易去想办法了 我们还不用慌 |
[05:42] | Is there something I can help you with? | 我可以帮你什么吗 |
[05:44] | Donna, the clinic’s in trouble. | 唐娜 诊所有麻烦了 |
[05:47] | Nathan came to me this morning about asking Harvey for money, | 纳森今早来找我想问哈维借钱 |
[05:49] | – and– – Mike, there’s no way. | -这 -迈克 那是绝不可能的 |
[05:51] | I know, and that’s what I told Nathan. | 我知道 我也这么跟纳森说了 |
[05:52] | – Then what do you need? – I need to pour everything | -那你需要什么 -我需要全力投入 |
[05:54] | I have into one of his cases until we win. | 帮助他打赢一桩案子 |
[05:57] | And I know Harvey and I had our share of problems this year, | 我知道哈维和我今年一直麻烦不断 |
[06:00] | and I don’t want to add to them. | 我不想再添麻烦了 |
[06:01] | Well, if you’re asking for my blessing, you have it. | 如果你是希望我说这样可以 你可以的 |
[06:05] | Thanks, Donna. | 谢谢 唐娜 |
[06:07] | – Mike? – Yeah? | -迈克 -嗯 |
[06:09] | What’s the case? | 什么案子 |
[06:11] | Kids with lead poisoning. | 铅中毒的孩子 |
[06:14] | Go get ’em. | 去拿下他们 |
[06:24] | I was wondering when you’d find me. | 我还想你什么时候会找到我呢 |
[06:25] | What the hell is your name doing on that suit? | 你为什么会在那份诉讼书上 |
[06:27] | – Harvey– – Because we both know | -哈维 -因为我们都知道 |
[06:28] | Jessica made you whole. | 杰西卡帮了你大忙 |
[06:30] | Which means you got no business stabbing us in the back. | 所以 你根本没道理出卖我们 |
[06:32] | I’m not stabbing anyone, Harvey. | 我没有出卖任何人 哈维 |
[06:34] | Not only are you shoving the knife in, | 你不仅出卖了 |
[06:36] | you’re getting paid twice in the process. | 还能拿到双份的钱 |
[06:38] | Think it through, Harvey. | 想清楚 哈维 |
[06:40] | You know Jessica gave me the buy-in. | 你知道杰西卡给了我入股金 |
[06:42] | None of them do. | 但他们都不知道 |
[06:44] | I refuse to sign on to this thing, | 如果我不肯签字 |
[06:46] | every one of them figures out what happened, | 他们都能想明白是怎么回事 |
[06:48] | and it opens the floodgates to them coming after | 那他们就能合法地来 |
[06:50] | their money legitimately, | 索要那些钱了 |
[06:52] | instead of through the back door. | 而不是走后门 |
[06:53] | So you’re saying I should thank you? | 所以你是说我该感谢你吗 |
[06:55] | I guess I am. Not that you ever would. | 是的 虽然你绝不会说 |
[06:57] | I’ll thank you when you get those clowns | 等你让那些小丑撤销了 |
[06:59] | to back the hell off this claim. | 这宗诉讼我会谢你的 |
[07:00] | – I can’t do that. – Sure you can. | -我做不到 -你当然可以 |
[07:02] | You’ve always been the ringleader. | 你一直是个领头的 |
[07:04] | You give them some line about this opening them up | 你跟他们说什么这会让他们有 |
[07:06] | to countersuits for breach of contract. | 被诉违约的屁话 |
[07:08] | They’ll drop this before the sun comes up. | 他们很快就会撤诉 |
[07:10] | They’re not idiots. I try a stunt like that, | 他们不傻 我敢试这招 |
[07:13] | I might as well have refused to sign on in the first place. | 就跟当初拒签没什么区别了 |
[07:16] | Jack, listen to me. | 杰克 听我说 |
[07:20] | This could put us under. | 这会让我们破产的 |
[07:22] | Look, I’m no fan of Stanley Gordon, | 我也不喜欢斯坦利·戈登 |
[07:24] | so if there’s a way that I can help that doesn’t screw me, | 如果有在不伤害我的前提下我帮得上忙的事 |
[07:27] | I will. | 我会帮的 |
[07:29] | But you did this, | 但这是你做的 |
[07:30] | when you issued that statement about Jessica. | 因为你发表了那篇关于杰西卡的声明 |
[07:33] | Now, if you’ll excuse me, | 失陪了 |
[07:34] | I’m not looking to be seen talking to you. | 我不能被人看到跟你说话 |
[07:42] | Hey, Mike. What are you doing here? | 迈克 你来干什么 |
[07:44] | I just came to tell the king of class action here | 我来告诉集体诉讼之王 |
[07:46] | that I’m in. | 我加入 |
[07:48] | You got me for as long as you need me. | 你需要我多久我都在 |
[07:50] | Mike, that’s great. Thank you. | 迈克 太好了 谢谢 |
[07:51] | Wait a second, you’re telling me you brought | 等等 你是说你找了 |
[07:52] | – this jerkoff onto our case? – Excuse me. | -这混蛋来加入我们的案子 -喂喂 |
[07:54] | – Mr. Jerkoff, please. – Oh, yeah? | -叫我混蛋先生 -是吗 |
[07:56] | – How about Johnnie Dickface? – How about Jonathan Dickface? | -小翰·混球呢 -约翰森·混球更好 |
[07:58] | Okay, are you two finished? Because we actually | 行了 你们俩够了吗 因为我们 |
[07:59] | have a case to prepare for. | 有个案子要准备下 |
[08:01] | And they just filed a motion to dismiss | 他们刚刚以缺少集体证明为由 |
[08:02] | based on insufficient class certification. | 提出了撤销诉讼的动议 |
[08:05] | What? | 什么 |
[08:06] | I filled out that paperwork myself, | 我亲自填写完成了相关的文书 |
[08:07] | – and you filed it yesterday. – No, you filed it. | -然后你昨天提交了 -不 是你提交的 |
[08:09] | Because you said you were going to take care of it yourself. | 因为你说你自己会处理好的 |
[08:11] | And then you said you were going down to the court. | 然后你说了你要去法院 |
[08:13] | Shit. | 该死 |
[08:15] | -I got caught up. – God damn it, Nathan. | -我被一些事缠住了 -我的天哪 纳森 |
[08:17] | This ruins three months worth of work. | 这毁掉了我们这三个月的成果 |
[08:19] | You think I don’t know that? | 你觉得我不知道吗 |
[08:19] | I don’t care whether you know it or not, | 我不管你知不知道 |
[08:21] | it was your idea to– | 是你要… |
[08:21] | All right, all right, that’s enough. | 好了 好了 已经够了 |
[08:22] | Guys, pointing fingers isn’t going to get us anywhere. | 互相指责不能解决任何问题 |
[08:25] | Mike’s right. | 迈克是对的 |
[08:27] | The question is, what are we going to do? | 问题是 我们现在怎么办 |
[08:29] | We’re going to do what you do | 我们会去做当法律不站在你这边时 |
[08:30] | when the law isn’t on your side. | 你会做的事 |
[08:32] | We’re going to tell the truth, and hope to hell | 我们讲出真相 然后希望法官 |
[08:34] | the judge sees it our way. | 站我们这边 |
[08:38] | Your Honor, the law is clear on this. | 法官大人 对这件事法规已经很明确了 |
[08:39] | They missed the deadline, and you are obligated | 他们错过了截止日期 你有义务 |
[08:41] | – to dismiss this case. – He’s right, Your Honor. | -撤销这起诉讼 -他是对的 法官大人 |
[08:42] | I missed the deadline, but there are 150 children | 是我错过了截止日期 但这里有 |
[08:45] | with elevated levels of lead in their blood | 150名血铅含量超标的孩子 |
[08:47] | that shouldn’t have to suffer | 他们不应该因为我的错误 |
[08:48] | because I made a mistake. | 而继续承受这些痛苦 |
[08:49] | Well, that is a wonderful story, | 好吧 这是个很好的故事 |
[08:50] | but the truth is, he doesn’t care | 但真相是 他并不在乎 |
[08:51] | about these children because this is a cash grab, | 这些孩子 因为他只是准备抢钱 |
[08:53] | – plain and simple. – Cash grab? | -就是这么简单 -抢钱 |
[08:56] | Our fees are capped at $50,000. | 我们的费用上限是5万 |
[08:58] | $50,000 keeps your clinic running | 5万块能让你们的诊所 |
[08:59] | for a hell of a long time, and I still haven’t heard | 维持很长一段时间 而我到现在 |
[09:01] | one piece of evidence that we even knew | 还没听到任何有关 |
[09:03] | about these lead levels. | 铅含量超标的证据 |
[09:04] | Your Honor, if I may, | 法官大人 如果允许的话 |
[09:05] | I have some evidence I’d like to share with the court. | 我有一些证据希望可以呈上法庭 |
[09:08] | – And you are? – Mike Ross, Specter Litt, | -你是 -迈克·罗斯 斯-利律所 |
[09:09] | Your Honor, and I think it might interest the court | 法官大人 法庭可能会对科林斯先生 |
[09:11] | to know a little of Mr. Collins’ history | 以往处理此类案件的 |
[09:13] | with cases like this. | 方法感兴趣 |
[09:14] | What are you talking about? | 你在说什么 |
[09:15] | Your last case against clinic. | 你上一个跟诊所的诉讼 |
[09:18] | You created 16 situations just like this, | 你制造了16起和这一样的情况 |
[09:20] | and then, on the 17th, it got thrown out, | 然后 到了第17起被撤诉 |
[09:22] | because they finally missed a deadline. | 因为他们终于错过了截止日期 |
[09:23] | That is a mischaracterization of the facts, Your Honor. | 这不是对事实的真实刻画 法官大人 |
[09:25] | Whereas only 10% of Nathan Krueger’s cases | 然而纳森·克鲁格只有不到百分之十的诉讼 |
[09:28] | even involve monetary damages, because this man | 是包括金钱赔偿的 因为这个人 |
[09:31] | spends most of his time trying to keep poor people | 花费了他大多数的时间来帮助穷人们 |
[09:33] | in their homes and protecting their civil rights. | 能待在他们的家里还有保护他们的公民权利 |
[09:35] | Well, then give him the Congressional medal of honor | 好吧 那就给他颁发国会荣誉徽章 |
[09:37] | and dismiss this case | 再撤销这个诉讼 |
[09:38] | because he still missed the deadline. | 因为他还是错过了截止日期 |
[09:40] | And it’s within my power to extend it, Mr. Collins. | 那我也有权利来延长这个日期 科林斯先生 |
[09:43] | So if your company did nothing wrong, | 如果你们公司什么都没有做错 |
[09:45] | you have nothing to worry about. | 那你们就不需要担心任何事 |
[09:46] | Because this case is moving to trial. | 因为这起诉讼即将进行审判 |
[09:48] | Your Honor, this action is nothing more | 法官大人 这种行为 |
[09:50] | than a backdoor attempt to get our former partners | 只不过是准备暗地里让我们的前合伙人 |
[09:52] | – their buy-ins back. – Where’s your proof? | -把入股金拿回去 -你的证据呢 |
[09:54] | I’ll tell you where. You helped us rewrite | 我告诉你在哪 你帮我们重写了 |
[09:56] | our bylaws to stop this claim. | 规章来阻止这个主张 |
[09:58] | Now, you’re using the statement | 现在 你用你让我们 |
[09:59] | you made us issue to revive that very same claim. | 发布的声明来重启那个同样的主张 |
[10:02] | Every one of these former partners | 每一个前合伙人 |
[10:03] | suffered damage to their career | 都因为跟一个雇佣了诈骗犯的律所合作 |
[10:04] | due to their association with a firm that hired a fraud, | 而受到了职业上的伤害 |
[10:06] | – and you know it. – Wow, Stanley. | -你是知道的 -好呀 斯坦利 |
[10:08] | Isn’t it convenient that all you have to back that up | 是不是挺方便的 你只需要确保 |
[10:10] | is the word of the very same partners | 合伙人们会为了 |
[10:11] | that’ll say anything they have to | 拿到他们的钱 |
[10:13] | to get their money back? | 而说任何事 |
[10:14] | I’m glad you brought that up, Louis. | 我很开心你提起了这个 路易 |
[10:15] | Because I happen to have the statement | 因为我正好有个声明 |
[10:17] | of a former partner who’s not | 来自一个前合伙人 |
[10:18] | a part of this lawsuit at all. | 但和这个诉讼没有关系 |
[10:19] | What the hell are you talking about? | 你在说什么 |
[10:20] | Your Honor, this is a court transcript | 法官大人 这是达娜·斯科特 |
[10:22] | of a case tried by Dana Scott, | 参与的案件庭审记录 |
[10:23] | former partner of their firm. | 他们律所的前合伙人 |
[10:25] | I’d like to draw your attention to the section where Ms. Scott | 希望你注意斯科特小姐 |
[10:26] | talks about having her credibility questioned | 曾因为在皮-斯律所工作 |
[10:28] | as a direct result of working at Pearson Specter. | 而被质疑她的信誉的部分 |
[10:31] | Your Honor, there must be some other explanation for– | 法官大人 这一定有别的解释… |
[10:33] | Then get her ass in here to give it. | 那你就让她滚过来解释 |
[10:34] | – Watch your mouth! – That’s enough. | -嘴巴放干净点 -够了 |
[10:36] | He’s right. If you can’t get Ms. Scott | 他是对的 如果你不能让斯科特小姐 |
[10:38] | to refute this testimony by tomorrow, | 在明天前反驳这个证词 |
[10:40] | then this trial is moving forward. | 案件进入庭审 |
[10:54] | Mr. Ross! | 罗斯先生 |
[10:57] | If you’ve got anything to say to us, | 如果你想对我们说什么 |
[10:58] | you’re going to have to say it to Nathan, too. | 那你同样的也要对纳森说 |
[10:59] | I get it, you’re the guy from the big firm | 我知道 你是那个从大律所来的 |
[11:01] | who comes in to finish what they couldn’t. | 帮他们解决他们完成不了的事的人 |
[11:03] | But as soon as you get bored and walk away, | 但只要你觉得无聊然后走人 |
[11:04] | I’m going to litigate circles around them. | 我就会对他们发起诉讼 |
[11:06] | Go ahead and give it a shot. | 那你就去试一试啊 |
[11:07] | Here’s the thing, Mr. Collins. | 是这样的 科林斯先生 |
[11:08] | I don’t get bored, and I’m not going anywhere. | 我从不会感到无聊 我也不会去别的地方 |
[11:10] | You couldn’t even make it to court on time. | 你连准时到达法庭都做不到 |
[11:12] | You’re serving your annual pro bono sentence. | 你在做你每年的法律援助 |
[11:14] | You can’t wait for this to be over. | 你都等不及它结束了吧 |
[11:15] | You don’t know shit about me. | 你完全不了解我 |
[11:17] | These guys were there when I needed them, | 这些人在我需要帮助时他们就在我身边 |
[11:19] | which means I’m going to stick with them forever. | 这就代表我会和他们永远在一起 |
[11:21] | Then what do you say we settle this thing right now? | 那要不然我们现在就把这事解决了 |
[11:23] | Not interested. | 不感兴趣 |
[11:25] | Come on, there’s got to be a number. | 行了吧 总归有个数的 |
[11:26] | I’m sure there is, and when you find it, | 我相信是有的 当你找到了 |
[11:28] | you can bring it to us tomorrow. | 你可以明天带着它来找我们 |
[11:30] | But in the meantime, | 但与此同时 |
[11:31] | we’ve got a class action to prepare for. | 我们有个集体诉讼在准备着 |
[11:33] | Fine. | 行 |
[11:34] | I’ll meet you at your office tomorrow at 10. | 明天10点在你办公室见 |
[11:36] | Make it 9, and at the clinic. | 9点 在诊所 |
[11:38] | Oh, and Mr. Collins, you better be on time, | 还有 科林斯先生 你最好准时 |
[11:40] | and it better be good. | 你的数字最好够大 |
[11:45] | Mike, what are you doing | 迈克 你为什么要和这人 |
[11:46] | playing chicken with this guy? | 做这么危险的交易 |
[11:47] | – He’s ready to settle. – You know what I’m doing. | -他准备和解了 -你知道我在做什么 |
[11:50] | The less interested he thinks we are in settling, | 越让他认为我们不在乎和解 |
[11:52] | the higher the number goes. | 拿到的赔偿就越高 |
[11:53] | Then why didn’t you at least | 那你为什么不至少 |
[11:54] | let him meet you at your office? | 让他去你办公室见你 |
[11:55] | Use the big guns to intimidate him. | 让大佬们来吓唬他 |
[11:56] | Because he knows we’ll never | 因为他知道我们不会 |
[11:57] | throw our resources at this. | 把我们的资源用在这上边 |
[11:58] | Well, in case you haven’t been paying attention, | 好吧 以防你还没注意到 |
[12:00] | we don’t have the resources, either. | 我们也没有任何的资源 |
[12:01] | I know that, Oliver. He doesn’t. | 我知道 奥利弗 但他不知道 |
[12:05] | Now, come on, here’s what I need you to do. | 好了 现在我需要你去做这些 |
[12:09] | Hey, you have a minute? | 你现在有空吗 |
[12:12] | Not really, because I know why you’re here. | 不是特别有 因为我知道你为什么来这 |
[12:15] | No, you don’t. | 不 你不知道 |
[12:16] | You’re here because Louis sent you | 你来这是因为路易派你来 |
[12:17] | to get me to make Scottie retract that statement. | 让我叫斯科特收回那个声明 |
[12:20] | Okay, maybe you do know why I’m here. | 好吧 你可能真知道我为什么我来这 |
[12:22] | But Louis didn’t send me, Harvey. | 但不是路易派我来的 哈维 |
[12:23] | – I volunteered. – Donna. | -是我要来 -唐娜 |
[12:25] | Nothing I say is going to make her take it back. | 我说什么她都不会撤回的 |
[12:28] | You don’t know that. | 你不了解 |
[12:29] | And if anybody can make her do it, it’s you. | 如果有人能让她撤回声明 那个人只有你 |
[12:31] | Why, because I have history with her? | 为什么 就因为我之前和她的恋情吗 |
[12:33] | Of course because you have history with her. | 当然是因为你和她的恋情 |
[12:35] | Well, maybe I don’t want it to be | 好吧 可能我不想每次去找斯科特 |
[12:36] | that every time I have to go to Scottie, | 都是利用我和她的那一段关系 |
[12:38] | it’s to use our history to get her to do something | 让她去做一些 |
[12:40] | that she’s not going to want to do. | 她不愿意做的事 |
[12:41] | Harvey, Scottie’s not the only person who | 哈维 斯科特并不是唯一一个 |
[12:43] | every time you go to her, you need something. | 你有事了才去找的人 |
[12:46] | She’s just the only one who makes you feel bad about it. | 但只有她让你为这件事愧疚 |
[12:48] | Why the hell do you think I don’t want to go over there? | 那你以为我为什么不愿意去 |
[12:50] | To tell you the truth, I don’t really care why. | 说真的 我其实并不在乎为什么 |
[12:52] | Because this isn’t just about you. | 因为这不只是关乎你 |
[12:53] | This is about keeping this place alive. | 这关乎拯救律所 |
[12:54] | You think I don’t know that? | 你以为我不知道吗 |
[12:55] | I think you do know that. | 我觉得你知道的 |
[12:57] | And I think you also know if you don’t do this, | 我也认为你同样知道如果你不去做 |
[12:59] | we’re going to trial, and we may not win. | 我们就要上法庭了 而且我们可能不会赢 |
[13:03] | And by the way, | 顺便说一下 |
[13:03] | if you didn’t have a history with Scottie, | 如果你没有和斯考特有历史 |
[13:05] | she never would have put us | 她就根本不会 |
[13:06] | in this position in the first place. | 把我们放到这么一个位置上 |
[13:17] | Can’t say I know many lawyers who bike to work. | 不能说我认识很多骑自行车上班的律师 |
[13:21] | Old habit. | 老习惯了 |
[13:23] | Helps me clear my head before I start a new trial. | 能帮助我在开始一个新庭审前让脑子清醒一点 |
[13:25] | Whatever it does, I’d say it’s working. | 不管有什么效果 反正有用 |
[13:28] | You were in the courtroom. | 你也出庭了 |
[13:30] | Six rows back, three seats in. | 往后数第六排 第三个座位 |
[13:32] | I was. Andy Forsyth. | 是的 安迪·福赛思 |
[13:34] | – Mike Ross. – I know. | -迈克·罗斯 -我知道 |
[13:36] | In fact, you’re the reason | 其实 因为你 |
[13:37] | I took a red-eye from Seattle. | 我才通宵从西雅图过来 |
[13:39] | – Why’d you do that? – Because I’m about to take on | -你为什么这么做 -因为我正准备 |
[13:41] | the largest health insurer on the west coast, | 诉讼西海岸最大的医疗保险公司 |
[13:43] | and I’m building a firm of my own. | 我准备自己开一家公司 |
[13:45] | And from that Times article, you sound like the kind of guy | 我看了《时代周刊》上你的报道 |
[13:47] | I want as a partner. | 看起来你就是我想要的那种合伙人 |
[13:49] | Well, if you really read that article, | 如果你真的看了那篇文章 |
[13:50] | you’d know I already have a job. | 就该知道我已经有工作了 |
[13:52] | – Not really looking to leave. – Yeah, not yet. | -我并不打算辞职 -暂时而已 |
[13:55] | – But it’s inevitable. – How is it inevitable? | -但这是必然的 -怎么就是必然的了 |
[13:58] | Because eventually, you’re going to be in a position | 因为总有一天你会专职 |
[14:00] | where it’s your job to defend the indefensible. | 为弱势群体辩护 |
[14:02] | Look, I’m flattered, but I’m in the middle | 你过奖了 但是我现在正在 |
[14:04] | of a case right now, and the clinic that I’m | 忙一桩案子 和我合作的法律诊所 |
[14:06] | partnered up with does not have the resources. | 没有足够的资源 |
[14:09] | I’m sorry, but I’m not just going to abandon them. | 我很抱歉 但是我不打算抛下他们 |
[14:10] | You won’t have to. | 你不用抛下他们 |
[14:12] | You just put the fear of God in the other side. | 你只需把对方吓破胆 |
[14:13] | They’re going to want to settle this thing by tomorrow. | 他们会想要明天解决掉这个案子 |
[14:14] | – And if they don’t? – Let me lay this out for you. | -如果没办法呢 -我给你说清楚 |
[14:16] | I’m looking to start a firm that takes on the big guys | 我要开的公司 对决的都是大公司 |
[14:19] | without relying on funding from anyone. | 而且不需要任何人资助 |
[14:21] | This is the case that’s going to make that happen. | 这个案子就是实现这个计划的机会 |
[14:23] | And when it’s over, I want someone to run the place. | 它结束后 我需要一个人管理这家公司 |
[14:25] | And that person is you. And before you say anything, | 这个人就是你 在你答复我之前 |
[14:29] | Rachel Zane can run it right by your side. | 我想说瑞秋·赞恩可以和你一起管理公司 |
[14:34] | But I need a yes, soon. | 但是我需要你尽快答应我 |
[14:37] | Or I need to move on. | 不然我就得去找别人了 |
[14:40] | I’m staying at the Carlyle. You have 48 hours. | 我住在嘉丽酒店 你有48小时考虑 |
[14:48] | Hell of a view. | 景致不错 |
[14:50] | Hard to believe working for me | 难以相信你差点因为为我工作 |
[14:51] | almost kept you from getting it. | 失去了来这里的机会 |
[14:53] | Hello to you too, Harvey. | 你好 哈维 |
[14:55] | If you’re here in person, Stanley Gordon must really | 你都亲自来这里了 斯坦利·戈登 |
[14:57] | have you by the balls. | 肯定真的威胁到你了 |
[14:59] | – You know about the suit. – He called looking to get me | -你知道他提起的诉讼 -他三周前 |
[15:02] | to throw you under the bus three weeks ago. | 给我打电话想让我对付你 |
[15:03] | I told him I didn’t have anything to say. | 我告诉他我没什么可说的 |
[15:05] | That’s funny, because he’s using you | 那就有意思了 因为他能够提起诉讼 |
[15:07] | – to make his case anyway. – What are you talking about? | -还是因为你 -你什么意思 |
[15:10] | I’m talking about a closing statement | 我说的是你半年前在法庭上 |
[15:11] | you made in court six months ago. | 做的一个结案陈词 |
[15:20] | Well, bullshit. | 胡说八道 |
[15:22] | Scottie, why would you say that? | 斯科特 你为什么会那么说 |
[15:23] | The other side was attacking my credibility, | 对方当时在攻击我的信誉 |
[15:25] | and I had to appeal to the jury. | 我必须得引起陪审团同情 |
[15:27] | And I’m not going to apologize for it. | 而且我不会为此道歉的 |
[15:28] | Apologize for it? It’s not even true. | 道歉 这根本就不是真的 |
[15:30] | Yes it is. | 我说的是实话 |
[15:31] | How the hell were you damaged? | 你的信誉怎么受损害了 |
[15:33] | You’re a name partner here. | 你曾是这里的冠名合伙人 |
[15:34] | That doesn’t mean that | 那不代表我的信誉 |
[15:34] | I haven’t suffered from my association with you. | 没有因为和你合作受到影响 |
[15:37] | Oh, bullshit. I know you. | 废话 我了解你 |
[15:38] | I know you’ll say anything you have to to win, | 我知道你为了赢什么都会说 |
[15:40] | – and that’s what you did. – So what if I did? | -这才是你那样做的原因 -是又怎样 |
[15:43] | You know what. | 你知道我想怎样 |
[15:46] | No, I don’t. | 我不知道 |
[15:48] | Because if you are asking me to get up on a stand | 因为如果你想让我站在法庭上 |
[15:51] | and tell a jury that when I try a case, | 告诉陪审团我在审案时 |
[15:53] | I am full of shit, then must you be out of your mind. | 满嘴都是胡言乱语 你真的是疯了 |
[15:55] | Scottie, I am in trouble here. | 斯科特 我现在有麻烦 |
[15:56] | I need you to help me. It is my firm now. | 我需要你的帮助 这次事关我的公司 |
[15:59] | If it goes down after I took it over– | 如果我接手后公司就垮了 |
[16:02] | I understand that, Harvey. | 我理解 哈维 |
[16:03] | But I didn’t get you into this mess, you did. | 但不是我给你带来的麻烦 是你自己 |
[16:05] | And I’m not going to put my career on the line | 而且我不会拿我自己的事业去冒险 |
[16:07] | – to get you out of it. – Scottie– | -就为了帮你摆脱麻烦 -斯科特 |
[16:09] | I’m sorry, Harvey. | 抱歉 哈维 |
[16:11] | But I’ve said yes to you too many times. | 但我已经帮过你太多次了 |
[16:16] | You know what? I’m sorry I asked. | 你知道吗 抱歉不该找你帮忙 |
[16:25] | Want to go out and grab a bite to eat? | 想出去吃点东西吗 |
[16:27] | Oh, I can’t. I got to prepare | 我不行 我得为 |
[16:29] | for this settlement meeting in the morning. | 明早的和解谈判做准备 |
[16:31] | For the class action? Wait, that’s great. | 是集体诉讼那个案子吗 太好了 |
[16:33] | Nothing about this case is great. | 这案子没什么好的 |
[16:39] | Look at these kids, Rachel. | 看看这些孩子 瑞秋 |
[16:42] | It’s just one after another. | 一个又一个的 |
[16:47] | Aw, she’s just a baby. | 她还那么小 |
[16:50] | She’s three. | 她只有三岁 |
[16:52] | They already know she’s got cognitive damage from the lead. | 他们已经知道她因铅中毒产生了认知损害 |
[16:56] | – This is heartbreaking. – It’s so unfair. | -真让人心痛 -这太不公平了 |
[16:59] | The worst part is, even if we win, | 最糟糕的是即使我们赢了 |
[17:02] | money’s not going to cure her. | 得到的赔偿金也治不好她 |
[17:05] | Or any of these other kids. | 或者其他这些孩子 |
[17:07] | Well, you’re helping them the best way that you can. | 你已经尽最大努力在帮助他们了 |
[17:11] | Am I? | 是吗 |
[17:16] | What’s going on? | 怎么了 |
[17:19] | I got a job offer today. | 今天有人向我发出了工作邀请 |
[17:23] | What does that have to do with any of this? | 那和这个案子有什么关系 |
[17:27] | The guy who offered it to me is opening up a practice | 发出邀请的这个人打算开一家 |
[17:29] | dedicated to doing this kind of work. | 专门做这种工作的律师事务所 |
[17:32] | It’s like a clinic, but with big firm money. | 就像法律诊所一样 但有资金支持 |
[17:37] | And he wants us to run it. | 他想要我们管理这家律所 |
[17:42] | Us? He asked for us to do it? | 我们 他想让我们两个一起 |
[17:45] | Yeah. | 对 |
[17:49] | Well, what if I told you I’d consider it? | 如果我说我会考虑呢 |
[17:53] | That’s… | 那 |
[17:55] | No, that’s not the point. It’s in Seattle. | 那不是重点 公司是在西雅图 |
[17:57] | He wants an answer in two days. | 他让我两天后给他答复 |
[17:58] | We can’t do it. | 我们没办法答应 |
[18:00] | It just got to me, that’s all. | 只是这件事让我有点心烦意乱 |
[18:05] | Then go in there tomorrow | 不管这事对你有什么影响 |
[18:08] | and use whatever this did to you | 让它变成你明天和解谈判的动力 |
[18:10] | to get those families the most that you possibly can. | 帮这些家庭尽可能争取到最多的赔偿 |
[18:14] | Because, Mike, we’re going to have children someday. | 因为我们以后总要有孩子的 迈克 |
[18:17] | And I don’t want them to live in a world | 我不想他们生活在一个 |
[18:19] | where things like this happen. | 会发生这种事情的世界 |
[18:27] | Make yourself at home. | 你随意 |
[18:30] | What’d she say? | 她怎么说 |
[18:31] | She said she’s not going to testify for us. | 她说不会帮我们作证 |
[18:34] | So you mean they get to enter that statement | 你是说他们可以提交 |
[18:37] | she made in court, and there’s nothing | 她在法庭上的发言 而我们 |
[18:38] | – we can do to counter it? – Yeah. | -无法驳斥 -对 |
[18:41] | – That’s what I mean. – Well then, we’re fu–ed. | -我就是这个意思 -那我们就死定了 |
[18:45] | Because that right there is proof that | 因为那份东西就是他们信誉受到 |
[18:47] | – they were damaged by our firm. – Louis– | -我们公司损害的证据 -路易 |
[18:49] | She was a partner just as much as they were, | 她和他们一样都曾经是公司合伙人 |
[18:51] | and there’s nothing that we can say | 你说什么也改变不了 |
[18:52] | that’s going to change that. | 这个事实 |
[18:57] | – No, she wasn’t. – What are you talking about? | -她不是 -你在说什么 |
[18:59] | Louis, Scottie wasn’t a partner as much as they were. | 路易 斯科特和他们不一样 |
[19:03] | She’s not part of the class, | 她没有参与集体诉讼 |
[19:05] | and she left way before any of them. | 她离开公司比他们早得多 |
[19:07] | And even if we stipulate that she was hurt by us, | 即使我们同意她的信誉受到我们影响 |
[19:10] | – that doesn’t prove they were. – I get it. | -不证明其他人也受了影响 -我懂了 |
[19:12] | We need to show if these guys aren’t succeeding, | 我们需要证明这些人无法成功 |
[19:15] | it’s not our fault. It’s theirs. | 不是我们的错 是他们自己的 |
[19:17] | Exactly. | 完全正确 |
[19:18] | And I know just the man to help us do it. | 我知道谁可以在这件事上帮助我们 |
[19:30] | I hope you don’t mind. Sylvia told me I could come in. | 希望你不介意 西尔维娅说我可以进来 |
[19:33] | I assume you’re here to ask me | 我猜你是来问我 |
[19:35] | about your old partners suing you. | 关于你的前任合伙人起诉你的事 |
[19:37] | You know the whole story? | 你知道整件事是怎么回事 |
[19:39] | I know they’re looking for their share of the pie, | 我知道他们想要来分一杯羹 |
[19:41] | and I know you’re not here to get me to try to stop them, | 我还知道你来这不是想让我阻止他们 |
[19:43] | – because I can’t. – I know that, Robert. | -因为我没办法 -我知道 罗伯特 |
[19:44] | – But– – I don’t think you do. | -但是 -我认为你不知道 |
[19:46] | I don’t think you understand what’s happened | 你不明白我的声誉 |
[19:48] | – to my reputation here. – What are you talking about? | -遭受了什么损害 -你在说什么 |
[19:50] | I bailed you out with Bratton Gould, | 我帮你摆脱了布莱顿·古尔德 |
[19:53] | and then again on that prison case. | 接着又在监狱案上帮了你 |
[19:54] | I help you out with this, | 我再帮你这个案子的话 |
[19:57] | well, I might as well just move in. | 那我们直接住一起好了 |
[19:58] | Because no one here will ever trust me again. | 因为那样的话这里没人会再信任我了 |
[20:01] | All I need is access to their performance reviews. | 我只需要拿到他们的绩效考核 |
[20:04] | Are you out of your mind? Those are confidential. | 你疯了吗 那些是保密资料 |
[20:07] | And we both know I can | 我们都知道如果有必要的话 |
[20:08] | have them subpoenaed if I have to. | 我可以通过传票索取这些资料 |
[20:10] | Well then, do that. I can’t afford | 那你去吧 我是受不了 |
[20:11] | to look complicit with you, no matter how much | 让人觉得我和你串通一气了 |
[20:13] | you play that tiny violin. | 不管你怎么花言巧语 |
[20:15] | This isn’t a tiny violin, Robert. | 我没有花言巧语 罗伯特 |
[20:17] | This lawsuit could burn my firm to the ground. | 这场诉讼可能会毁掉我整个公司 |
[20:24] | All right. | 好吧 |
[20:27] | There is one way. | 有一个方法 |
[20:29] | But it needs to happen tonight, | 但今晚就得进行 |
[20:30] | while I’m having dinner with Rand and Kaldor. | 在我和兰德和卡尔多吃晚餐的时候 |
[20:33] | What is it? | 怎么做 |
[20:39] | Mr. Collins. We appreciate the punctuality. | 科林斯先生 很感谢你的准时 |
[20:42] | What are all these people doing here? | 这些人都在这里做什么 |
[20:43] | This is supposed to be a settlement meeting. | 这不是和解谈判吗 |
[20:45] | Well, we thought before we heard your offer, | 我们觉得在听你的报价前 |
[20:47] | we’d show you what you up against. | 得让你看看你面对的是谁 |
[20:49] | And you don’t think Discharge Power | 你认为放电电池 |
[20:51] | can afford an army of its own? | 没能力召集自己的军队吗 |
[20:52] | No, I’m sure they can. | 不 我确信他们可以 |
[20:54] | But unlike yours, every one of my people | 但和你的人不同 我这里的每一个人 |
[20:55] | is prepared to shed blood for this case. | 都做好了为这个案子洒热血的准备 |
[20:59] | Then maybe this will keep them | 也许有了这个东西 |
[21:01] | from shedding anything at all. | 他们就什么都不用洒了 |
[21:10] | What the hell are you doing? | 你他妈在干什么 |
[21:11] | This is less than $60,000 per family. | 这些钱还不够每家人分到6万美金 |
[21:14] | Which is a hell of a lot of money | 这对于我们一无所知的铅中毒而已 |
[21:15] | lead poisoning we knew nothing about. | 已经是很大一笔钱了 |
[21:16] | Bullshit, your people knew what was going on here. | 胡扯 你的人对这件事心知肚明 |
[21:19] | And you have no proof of that. | 你们没有证据证明这点 |
[21:21] | This is a list of children pulled from the school | 这是在那家工厂开工的头六个月里 |
[21:23] | within the first six months of the plant opening. | 从那家学校退学的学生名单 |
[21:26] | You want to take a guess what they have in common? | 你想猜猜他们有什么共同点吗 |
[21:28] | Their parents are all executives at Discharge Power. | 他们的父母都是放电电池的高管 |
[21:31] | So don’t try to tell us that no one knew. | 所以别和我们说什么你们不知情 |
[21:33] | Where did you get that? | 你从哪里搞来的那份名单 |
[21:35] | Is that how you’re going to counter in front of a jury? | 在陪审团面前你就打算用这个问题来驳斥吗 |
[21:40] | $100,000 a family, that’s the best you’re going to do. | 每家10万美金 这是你们能拿到的最高价了 |
[21:42] | – No, it isn’t. – Mike– | -不 不是的 -迈克… |
[21:43] | No, these are children. | 不 他们都是孩子 |
[21:45] | We have the resources, and this isn’t going to go down like this, | 我们有资源 这案子不会就这样结束的 |
[21:47] | so why don’t you go back to your masters and tell them | 所以你何不回去找你的老板 告诉他们 |
[21:50] | that unless they want to be exposed to the world, | 除非他们想被曝光在全世界面前 |
[21:52] | they’re going to need to add some more zeroes. | 他们得多添加几个零 |
[21:54] | We’re never going to do that. | 我们绝不可能答应的 |
[21:55] | You can, and you will. | 你们可以 而且你们会答应的 |
[21:58] | Now get out of my face. | 你可以滚了 |
[22:05] | My office, now. | 来我办公室 现在 |
[22:16] | God damn it. What the hell did you do? | 该死的 你干了什么 |
[22:19] | What do you mean, what did I do? | 什么意思 什么叫我干了什么 |
[22:20] | It was a good cop, bad cop. | 刚刚我们一个扮红脸一个扮白脸 |
[22:21] | That was the plan. | 就是这么计划的 |
[22:22] | No, the plan was to close in the room. | 不 计划是在那间屋子里解决这件事 |
[22:23] | Not blow the whole thing up for some number | 而不是为了一个他们不可能答应的数字 |
[22:25] | – they’re never going to go for. – Nathan, they’ll come back. | -把事情闹大 -内森 他们会回来的 |
[22:27] | What the hell is wrong with you? | 你他妈是什么毛病啊 |
[22:28] | What’s wrong with me? | 我什么毛病 |
[22:29] | Those kids are going to be fucked up for the rest of their lives, | 那些孩子下半辈子都给毁了 |
[22:32] | and you seem to care more about closing in the room | 而你看上去却更在乎在那间房子里了结这事 |
[22:34] | than getting them the best deal. | 而不是为他们谋取最大的福利 |
[22:35] | Did you not hear me when I first came to you? | 你是没听见我一开始来找你时说的话吗 |
[22:37] | I needed money, because if this goes to trial, | 我需要钱 因为如果这事闹上法庭 |
[22:39] | we are out of business. | 我们就破产了 |
[22:40] | Nathan, it’s not going to go to trial. | 内森 这事不会上法庭的 |
[22:43] | And the only thing that’s going to stop this guy | 而唯一会阻止这个人 |
[22:44] | from tripling that offer | 把那笔钱翻三倍的 |
[22:45] | is if you don’t have the balls to wait it out. | 就是你没胆子晾一晾他们 |
[22:50] | Nathan, look, I know you got into this | 内森 听着 我知道你选这行 |
[22:52] | because you care about these people, | 是因为你关心那些人 |
[22:53] | and you’re a good man for doing it. | 你这么做是大义之举 |
[22:55] | But you need to trust me. I know what I’m doing. | 但你得相信我 我对自己的行为心里有数 |
[22:59] | All I’m asking is that you just wait one day. | 我只求你多等一天 |
[23:04] | Okay, Mike. | 好吧 迈克 |
[23:07] | One day. | 就一天 |
[23:13] | Harvey, if this is about the Bartlett case, | 哈维 如果你是为了巴特利特案来的 |
[23:14] | I have already made plans to work late. | 我已经打算熬夜加班了 |
[23:16] | I’m here to tell you to leave early | 我是来让你早点下班 |
[23:18] | to get to your parent’s house for your mom’s chicken piccata. | 去你父母家 吃你妈妈做的柠檬煎鸡排 |
[23:21] | It’s Wednesday. My mom makes lasagna. | 今天是周三 我妈妈做的是烤宽面条 |
[23:23] | I don’t care if she’s making cow-shit soufflé. | 我不在乎她到底做什么 |
[23:26] | I need you to get to that dinner, | 我需要你去那边吃晚饭 |
[23:27] | and look through your father’s files. | 然后翻一翻你爸爸的文件 |
[23:29] | With all due respect, I’m not in the habit | 恕我直言 我没有 |
[23:32] | of going through my father’s things without him knowing. | 背着我爸翻他的东西的习惯 |
[23:33] | Then you don’t have to worry, because he does know. | 那你不用担心 因为他是知情的 |
[23:37] | Harvey, what’s going on? | 哈维 出什么事了 |
[23:38] | Stanley Gordon’s suing us on behalf of our ex-partners | 斯坦利·戈登要代表我们的前合伙人们起诉我们 |
[23:42] | claiming that their time at Pearson Specter | 声称他们在皮尔逊-斯佩克特的工作经历 |
[23:44] | – hurt their careers. – I get it. | -对他们的职业造成了损害 -我明白了 |
[23:45] | And some of those partners work for my dad, | 其中一些合伙人在我爸爸手下工作 |
[23:47] | and he wants to help us prove that it’s not true, | 而他想帮我们证明他们说的不是事实 |
[23:49] | but he doesn’t want to be seen doing it. | 但他不想被人看见他这么做了 |
[23:51] | Which is why he’s going to leave their performance reviews out. | 所以他会把他们的表现评估留在外面 |
[23:54] | And you’re going to tell me exactly what they say. | 你要帮我看看上面到底写了什么 |
[23:56] | Well then, I’d better get going. | 好吧 那我最好现在就出发 |
[23:57] | Because you might not care, but my mom’s lasagna? | 因为你可能不在乎 但我妈妈的烤宽面条 |
[23:59] | It’s the best you’ve ever had. | 那可是世界上最棒的 |
[24:05] | Hey, what’s going on? Oliver told me to come in, | 怎么了 奥利佛让我过来 |
[24:07] | but he didn’t give me a reason. | 但他没说原因 |
[24:11] | – Where is everyone? – I sent them home. | -人都哪去了 -我让他们回家了 |
[24:13] | What? Why? | 什么 为什么 |
[24:15] | We lost our funding. | 我们的经费要没了 |
[24:17] | What the hell are you talking about? | 你在说什么呢 |
[24:19] | Discharge Power called our five biggest angel investors, | 放电电池给我们最大的五个投资方打了电话 |
[24:21] | and got them to pull their funding. | 让他们撤资了 |
[24:23] | – So we’re shut down. – They can’t do that. | -所以我们要关门了 -他们不能这么做 |
[24:25] | They just did it. | 他们已经这么做了 |
[24:28] | Oh, my God. I don’t believe this. | 天啊 简直不敢相信 |
[24:30] | Well, you should believe it, because it’s game over. | 你得要相信了 因为已经玩完了 |
[24:34] | The clinic, the case, everything. | 诊所 案子 一切 都完了 |
[24:35] | Nathan, you can’t just roll over. | 内森 你不能就这样放手 |
[24:37] | As long as your lights are on, I’m sure you’ve got people | 只要你的灯还亮着 我相信就一定 |
[24:39] | who are willing to work on this– | 还有人愿意贡献力量… |
[24:39] | Our charter doesn’t allow it, okay? | 我们的章程不允许这样 明白吗 |
[24:41] | And you can’t work here, either, so just go. | 你也不能在这里工作了 所以走吧 |
[24:43] | Go back to PSL, or SL, | 回皮尔逊-斯佩克特-利特 |
[24:45] | or whatever the hell you call the place | 或是斯佩克特-利特去 |
[24:46] | that teaches you to turn down multi-million dollar offers. | 反正就是滚回那个教你拒绝几百万和解的地方 |
[24:48] | You think this is my fault? | 你觉得这是我的错吗 |
[24:50] | It’s not, Nathan, it’s theirs, | 不是的 内森 是他们的错 |
[24:52] | and that monster of a lawyer that they’ve got– | 还有他们请的那个恶魔律师的错… |
[24:54] | I don’t care whose fault it is. | 我不在乎是谁的错 |
[24:55] | If that offer is still on the table, I am taking it. | 如果那个和解依旧有效 我会接受的 |
[24:58] | Because it’s the only way | 因为那是 |
[24:59] | that we’re going to be able to get our funding back. | 我们拿回资金的唯一方式 |
[25:00] | Nathan, you go back to Collins now, | 内森 如果你现在回去找柯林斯 |
[25:02] | you’re going to be lucky to get ten cents on the dollar. | 你能要到十分之一就算不错的了 |
[25:04] | Then I’ll get ten cents on the dollar. | 那我就接受那十分之一 |
[25:05] | Would you wait a minute and listen to me? | 你能不能等等听我把话说完 |
[25:06] | – Because I am trying to help– – I am done listening to you! | -我是在帮你… -我受够听你的话了 |
[25:10] | Go! | 滚 |
[25:12] | And stay the hell out of this case. | 不要再插手这个案子了 |
[25:30] | Mike, hey, this is great. I didn’t think I’d see you– | 迈克 太惊喜了 我没想到你会过来… |
[25:32] | What the fuck did you do? | 你他妈干了什么好事 |
[25:34] | What the hell are you talking about? I didn’t do anything. | 你这是什么意思 我什么也没干啊 |
[25:36] | Bullshit. You cut the clinic’s funding off | 放屁 你斩断了诊所的资金 |
[25:37] | because I told you they didn’t have the resources. | 因为我告诉了你他们没有资源 |
[25:39] | I have no idea what you’re talking about. | 我完全听不懂你在说什么 |
[25:41] | You’re going to deny that up until nine months ago, | 你难道要否认九个月前 |
[25:42] | you worked for the firm that represented the parent company | 你是为代理那家电池公司的母公司的律所 |
[25:45] | – of that battery plant? – I worked there, | -服务的吗 -我是在那里工作 |
[25:46] | and I hated it. It’s why I left. | 但我恨那里 所以我离开了 |
[25:48] | And if that were the truth, you would have said something | 如果真是这样 我们第一次见面的时候 |
[25:49] | the first time we met, but you didn’t. | 你就会告诉我 但你没有 |
[25:52] | No, you told me they were going to offer me a job. | 相反 你和我说要给我一份工作 |
[25:54] | You gave me a reason to take it, | 你给了我接受的理由 |
[25:55] | and then when I didn’t jump on it, | 但我没有立马接受 |
[25:56] | you put people that I care about out of work. | 所以你就把我在乎的人的工作夺走了 |
[25:58] | I didn’t do shit to that clinic. | 我没有碰过那家律所 |
[26:00] | – You’re being paranoid. – I’m being paranoid, really? | -你太多疑了 -是我太多疑了吗 |
[26:01] | And what’s more likely? That I’m being paranoid, | 哪种情况更有可能 是我多疑 |
[26:03] | or that you appeared out of nowhere | 还是你莫名其妙冒出来 |
[26:04] | to offer me some magical opportunity | 给我提供一个好到不真实的机会 |
[26:07] | the day before we lose our funding? | 然后第二天我们的资金就没了 |
[26:10] | You are making a big mistake. | 你正在犯一个严重的错误 |
[26:11] | I need you to stay the hell away | 我要你离我 诊所 |
[26:12] | from me, the clinic, and this case. | 还有这个案子都远点 |
[26:31] | Harvey, what are you doing here? | 哈维 你来干什么 |
[26:33] | I’m here to give you your performance review. | 我是来给你你的表现报告的 |
[26:35] | I don’t work for you. | 我不为你工作 |
[26:36] | No, but you’re going to answer to me | 确实 但我让你作证的时候 |
[26:37] | when I put you on the stand. | 你要回答我的问题 |
[26:41] | Read it. | 看看 |
[26:45] | When I read it, I don’t see a man that was held back | 我看这份东西的时候 可没觉得 |
[26:48] | because his old firm had a bad reputation. | 这个人是被之前律所的坏名声拖了后腿 |
[26:50] | I see a man that reached his limitation. | 我看到的是这个人能力有限 |
[26:53] | Everyone knew it, except for him, | 人人都知道这点 除了他自己 |
[26:55] | and now, he’s looking for someone to blame. | 而如今他想找人背这个黑锅 |
[26:57] | – I didn’t bring this suit. – I don’t care, | -这个诉讼不是我提起来的 -我不在乎 |
[26:59] | because as far as they’re concerned, | 因为在他们看来 |
[27:00] | you’re the leader of the band. | 你是这堆人的头头 |
[27:01] | Which means you’re the first one up. | 这意味着你是上庭的人 |
[27:03] | You must want something. | 你一定有所求 |
[27:05] | Because you didn’t come all the way down here | 因为你不会大老远跑过来 |
[27:06] | just to tell me you’re going to humiliate me. | 只为了告诉我你准备羞辱我 |
[27:08] | I’m here to give you a chance. | 我是来给你一个机会的 |
[27:10] | Get Gordon and the rest of them to back off, | 让戈登和剩下的那些人放弃 |
[27:13] | and this never sees the light of day. | 那这份东西就永远不会被别人看见 |
[27:15] | If not, you’re going on the stand tomorrow, | 不然的话 你明天就得出庭作证 |
[27:17] | because I’m telling you, there’s no way | 因为我告诉你 我是不会 |
[27:19] | I am letting them use you or Scottie or anybody else | 让他们利用你或者斯科特或者其他任何人 |
[27:22] | to take my firm from me. | 来把我的律所从我手中夺走的 |
[27:31] | Please tell me you didn’t go back to see Collins. | 求你告诉我你没回去找柯林斯 |
[27:33] | You know, I tried. | 我试过了 |
[27:34] | He wouldn’t give me the time of day. | 但他不愿意见我 |
[27:36] | Good. | 很好 |
[27:39] | Good? | 还好呢 |
[27:40] | My only chance to keep this place alive | 我保住这里的唯一可能 |
[27:42] | is to dump this thing, beg our donors to come back, | 就是放弃这个案子 求资助人回来 |
[27:45] | and accept that these kids get nothing. | 接受这些孩子得不到赔偿 |
[27:47] | No, it isn’t. – What are you talking about? | -不是 -你说什么呢 |
[27:51] | I got a job offer yesterday. | 我昨天接到了工作邀请 |
[27:53] | This guy said he’s starting a firm | 有个人要开一家新公司 |
[27:55] | dedicated to doing the kinds of cases we do now. | 他们也致力于我们想做的事 |
[27:59] | Well, if you came to me for advice, I’d say take it. | 如果你是来问我的意见 我建议接受 |
[28:00] | It’s not about… | 不是关于… |
[28:04] | Nathan, he’s the one that got the donors to pull out. | 内森 是他让投资人撤资的 |
[28:07] | – What? – He used to work for Porter Lofton, | -什么 -他以前为波特·洛夫顿工作 |
[28:09] | and this whole thing was a ploy. | 这一切都是阴谋 |
[28:11] | So you’re here to tell me you got played? | 所以你来告诉我你被耍了 |
[28:12] | No, I’m here to tell you that even though that job was bullshit, | 不 我来告诉你即使这件工作是假的 |
[28:15] | the idea is a good one. | 这个主意也不错 |
[28:17] | You want to start a firm like that? | 你要开一家这样的公司吗 |
[28:19] | I want you to start a firm like that. | 我想让你开一家这样的公司 |
[28:21] | Instead of begging donors to keep you alive, | 不用求投资人保住你 |
[28:23] | just let your non-profit status go. | 放弃非营利机制 |
[28:25] | – Why would I do that? – Because then, | -为什么 -因为这样 |
[28:27] | you’d have no cap on your fees. | 费用上你就没有限制了 |
[28:29] | You could make enough from this one case | 你这一个案子 |
[28:30] | to get these families what they deserve, | 就能让家庭得到应有赔偿 |
[28:32] | and keep yourself running for years. | 让你也有了能运营多年的资金 |
[28:33] | Mike, this clinic has meant everything to me. | 迈克 诊所是我的一切 |
[28:36] | I spent 11 years running it. I’m not about to let it die | 我投入了11年心血 我不会让它 |
[28:39] | – based on a gamble. – It’s not a gamble if you win. | -毁在一场赌局里 -赢了就不算冒险 |
[28:43] | I will help you. Oliver will help you. | 我会帮你 奥利佛也会 |
[28:45] | And then, when it’s over, nobody will ever be able | 之后等这件事过去 再也没有人 |
[28:47] | to force you to abandon a client | 能利用资金问题 |
[28:49] | by cutting off your wallet ever again. | 强迫你放弃委托人 |
[28:51] | Even if I could say yes, you’re forgetting the reason | 即使我同意 你也忘记了 |
[28:53] | I came to you in the first place. | 我找你的最初原因 |
[28:56] | You need money. | 你需要钱 |
[28:57] | We don’t have anywhere near enough | 我们的钱根本不够 |
[28:58] | to even see this to trial. | 上法庭 |
[29:00] | How much do you need? | 你需要多少 |
[29:02] | – To float the whole firm? – Yes. | -运营整个公司吗 -是的 |
[29:04] | Half a million dollars. | 五十万美金 |
[29:07] | I’ll get you the money. | 我给你弄钱 |
[29:12] | Scottie, if you’re here because you’ve been subpoenaed, | 斯科特 如果你来是因为接到了传票 |
[29:15] | I’ve got something in the works. | 我正在想办法 |
[29:16] | I haven’t been subpoenaed, Harvey. | 我没有接到传票 哈维 |
[29:18] | – That’s not why I’m here. – Then why are you here? | -我也不是为此而来 -那是为什么 |
[29:21] | To say that I’m sorry. | 我来道歉 |
[29:25] | I don’t want to see you lose your firm, Harvey. | 我不想看你失去律所 哈维 |
[29:28] | I care about you. | 我在乎你 |
[29:30] | I always have, I always will. And I just wanted to say that. | 一直在乎 也永远会在乎 我来说这个 |
[29:35] | And? | 然后呢 |
[29:37] | And what? | 然后什么 |
[29:39] | You didn’t come all the way down here just to tell me that. | 你大老远跑来不只是为了说这个吧 |
[29:43] | You don’t make it easy, do you? | 你真是不能和人愉快对话 是吗 |
[29:48] | The last time that we saw each other, | 上次我们见面 |
[29:50] | you told me that you were seeing someone about yourself. | 你跟我说你在看心理医生 |
[29:54] | And you asked if when you were done, | 你问我结束之后 |
[29:57] | could you call me. | 能不能联系我 |
[30:00] | – I remember. – Well, are you done? | -我记得 -结束了吗 |
[30:04] | Did you fix yourself? | 你治愈了吗 |
[30:07] | Let’s just say I’m a work in progress. | 这么说吧 我在进步 |
[30:11] | What does that mean? | 什么意思 |
[30:14] | – You want the truth? – Yes. | -你想听实话吗 -是的 |
[30:19] | A year after I stopped with my therapist, | 心理治疗结束一年后左右 |
[30:23] | I started seeing her. | 我和她开始约会了 |
[30:25] | – A year? – A year and three weeks. | -一年 -一年零三周 |
[30:31] | Three weeks longer than the waiting period. | 比等候时长多三周的意思 |
[30:33] | I am a lawyer, after all. | 毕竟我是律师 |
[30:36] | I’m guessing it didn’t work out. | 我想你们没走到最后 |
[30:39] | It didn’t. It was complicated. | 没有 事情很复杂 |
[30:42] | Did Donna have anything to do with that complication? | 引起这个复杂性的因素里有唐娜吗 |
[30:45] | Why do you ask? | 为什么这么问 |
[30:47] | That’s all I needed to know. | 有这句也够了 |
[30:52] | Sorry to interrupt, but Harvey, | 抱歉打扰了 哈维 |
[30:53] | Stanley Gordon’s in the conference room. | 斯坦利·戈登在会议室 |
[30:54] | He wants to see us both. | 他想见我们 |
[30:56] | – Hi, Scottie. – Louis. | -你好 斯科特 -路易 |
[31:02] | Good luck, Harvey. | 祝好运 哈维 |
[31:10] | You know, I never liked this conference room. | 我一直很不喜欢这个会议室 |
[31:11] | – Too much glass. – What do you want, Stanley? | -全是玻璃 -你想要什么 斯坦利 |
[31:14] | We’ve got a trial to prepare for. | 我们还有官司要准备 |
[31:16] | Nice job getting Soloff to drop out. | 让索罗夫放弃这招干得漂亮 |
[31:18] | We did it with him, we can do it with all of them. | 能说服他 我们也能说服其他人 |
[31:19] | Maybe you can, maybe you can’t. | 也许能 也许不能 |
[31:21] | One thing’s for sure. You don’t have to. | 一件事可以肯定 你没这个必要 |
[31:23] | – Why not? – Give them their jobs back. | -为什么 -把工作还给他们 |
[31:24] | That’s all they wanted in the first place. | 这才是他们想要的 |
[31:26] | – What? – Give these guys their jobs back, | -什么 -把工作还给他们 |
[31:28] | this whole thing goes away. | 这件官司就结束 |
[31:30] | – Bullshit. – It’s not bullshit. | -胡扯 -不是胡扯 |
[31:32] | – It’s what they want. – And what about what you want? | -这是他们想要的 -那你想要什么 |
[31:34] | This whole thing was a setup for you to get | 这整件事就是一个陷阱 |
[31:36] | back behind the wheel of Jessica’s car. | 就是为了让你开上杰西卡的车 |
[31:38] | It’s not Jessica’s goddamn car. | 这倒霉的车本来就不是杰西卡的 |
[31:40] | It’s mine. | 是我的 |
[31:41] | But that’s not what this is about. | 但我不是为了这件事 |
[31:43] | I don’t believe you. | 我不信 |
[31:44] | I don’t care whether you believe me or not, | 我不管你信不信 |
[31:45] | because that’s the deal that’s on the table. | 因为这就是桌上摆着的交易 |
[31:47] | So you can take your chances in court, | 所以你可以冒险上庭 |
[31:49] | or you can put this in the rearview mirror right the hell now. | 也可以就此解决这件事 |
[31:51] | Never going to happen. | 不可能 |
[31:52] | If it’ll sweeten the deal any, I’ll put it in writing. | 如果这能让你好受点 我可以出书面陈述 |
[31:54] | Anyone tries to make me a partner in the new firm, | 任何人想让我担任新公司合伙人的 |
[31:56] | the deal’s off, and we walk away with nothing. | 交易直接取消 我们一分不得 |
[31:59] | Didn’t expect that, did you? I’m not like Jessica. | 没想到吧 是吗 我不是杰西卡 |
[32:02] | I actually care about the people I left behind. | 我真的在乎我的人 |
[32:04] | So take the deal, or don’t. | 所以接不接受在你 |
[32:08] | But with or without Jack Soloff, | 但是不管有没有杰克·索罗夫 |
[32:10] | we’re going to trial. | 我们都会上庭 |
[32:27] | You look tired. | 你看起来好累 |
[32:30] | Look, Donna, I don’t want to ask what I’m about to ask, | 唐娜 我不想问出这个问题 |
[32:33] | but– | 但是 |
[32:35] | I’ve got nowhere else to go. | 我没有其他办法了 |
[32:38] | That doesn’t sound good. | 听起来不妙 |
[32:40] | I need you to back my request for the firm | 我要向公司提请 需要你支持 |
[32:42] | to loan the clinic money against its fee on my case. | 我希望公司能借钱支持诊所我在办的案子 |
[32:45] | How much? | 要多少 |
[32:47] | – 500,000. – What? | -五十万 -什么 |
[32:50] | Mike, that is never going to fly with Harvey. | 迈克 哈维绝对不会同意的 |
[32:52] | I know that, which is why I need you to make it fly. | 我知道 所以我才需要你帮忙 |
[32:54] | And I already helped you by saying okay to this case | 我已经在哈维不知情的情况下 答应 |
[32:56] | when Harvey wasn’t here. I’m not going to double down | 你接这个案子 我不能再次 |
[32:58] | on that by saying we should give the clinic money | 在最糟糕的时机 提出我们应该 |
[33:00] | at the worst possible time. | 给诊所钱 |
[33:02] | Well, when exactly is a good time? | 什么时候是好时机 |
[33:03] | Never, because we’re a corporate law firm. | 没有这种时机 因为我们是商业律师事务所 |
[33:06] | We give them money, we might as well tell our clients | 给它钱 我们还不如直接告诉委托人 |
[33:08] | that they’re our second priority. | 他们对我们不重要 |
[33:09] | I’m not talking about an investment, Donna. | 我不是在要求公司投资 唐娜 |
[33:11] | – I’m talking about a loan. – And if you can’t see | -这是借款 -如果你看不出 |
[33:13] | that to the rest of the world, there’s no difference, then… | 这在世人眼里没区别 那也许… |
[33:16] | – Then what? – Then nothing. | -也许什么 -没什么 |
[33:20] | Does this have something to do with me not being ready? | 和我没有准备好有关系吗 |
[33:24] | – What? – Harvey said I wasn’t ready to be senior partner, | -什么 -哈维说我没准备好做高级合伙人 |
[33:27] | but he doesn’t come to a conclusion like that | 但这种决定他绝不是一个人做的 |
[33:28] | without running it by you first. | 肯定会和你商量 |
[33:32] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[33:36] | Then yes, Mike. | 是的 迈克 |
[33:38] | You not being able to accept something like this | 你不能接受这种事情 |
[33:40] | is exactly what I meant about you not being ready. | 正是我说觉得你没有准备好的原因 |
[33:44] | I understand. | 我理解 |
[33:45] | And I know if Gordon wins, then we might not even survive. | 我也知道如果戈登赢了 我们可能都活不下去 |
[33:49] | But Donna, what is the point of trying to survive | 但是唐娜 如果我们不能做这种事 |
[33:52] | if we can’t do something like this? | 活下来又意义何在 |
[33:57] | I’m telling you, I’ve gone through his financials, | 我说了 我看了他的 他合伙人的 |
[33:59] | the partner’s financials, the by-laws. | 财政状况 还有公司章程 |
[34:01] | I haven’t found a goddamn thing. | 什么都没有发现 |
[34:02] | Then we keep looking until we do. | 那就继续 找到为止 |
[34:04] | Harvey, has it occurred to you it’s possible | 哈维 你就没有考虑过 |
[34:05] | that this isn’t the worst outcome in the world? | 这个结果也许不是最糟糕的吗 |
[34:07] | Yeah, and I could also get shot in the face. | 对啊 直接中枪死掉是要更糟糕 |
[34:09] | But that’s not what we’re talking about right now. | 但这不是我们现在的问题 |
[34:11] | I’m saying, let Gordon think he pressured us | 我是说 让戈登以为是他成功地 |
[34:13] | into taking those partners back, because the truth is, | 强迫我们收回了合伙人 因为事实上 |
[34:15] | we’re a more powerful firm if they’re here. | 有了那些合伙人我们也能更强大 |
[34:16] | And you and I both know if Stanly Gordon wants them back, | 你我都清楚戈登想让他们回来 |
[34:20] | he wants it for a reason, | 是有原因的 |
[34:21] | and it sure as hell isn’t to help us out. | 这个原因绝不是为了帮我们 |
[34:23] | I have some information, | 我得到了一点消息 |
[34:24] | but I don’t know if it has anything to do with this or not. | 但我不知道和此事有没有关系 |
[34:27] | What is it? | 什么消息 |
[34:28] | Last week, when we almost lost our lease, | 上周 我们差点丢了租约时 |
[34:30] | I did some checking in case we had to move, and– | 我做了些调查 以防我们必须搬家 结果 |
[34:32] | Hold on, I’m sorry. We almost lost our lease? | 等等 抱歉 我们怎么就差点丢了租约 |
[34:34] | That’s not the point, Louis. I took care of it. | 那不是重点 路易 我解决了 |
[34:36] | The point is there were three floors | 重点是罗伯特·赞恩的大楼 |
[34:38] | in Robert Zane’s building listed as vacant, | 写着有三层楼空闲 |
[34:40] | but when I looked into renting them, | 但当我考虑租用时 |
[34:41] | they were no longer available, because as it turns out, | 突然不再空闲了 说是因为 |
[34:44] | Rand Kaldor Zane is expanding. | 兰德-考德-赞恩律所要扩张 |
[34:47] | – That can’t be. – Harvey’s right. | -不可能 -哈维说的对 |
[34:48] | For those partners to come back here, | 那些合伙人要回来 |
[34:49] | Zane would need to waive their non-competes. | 赞恩必须免除他们的竞争冲突条款 |
[34:52] | Why would he do that at the same time he’s expanding? | 他要想扩张 为什么会在这种时候做这件事 |
[34:54] | I don’t know, but three floors | 不知道 但我们正好 |
[34:55] | is exactly how much space we use. | 也需要三层楼 |
[34:59] | Holy shit. | 天哪 |
[35:00] | Gordon really doesn’t want to take over. | 戈登是真的不想掌权 |
[35:02] | He just wants to orchestrate a deal where his guys come back, | 他是想争取一个让他的人回来的交易 |
[35:04] | they vote to merge with Zane, and we cease to exist. | 让他们投票和赞恩合并 我们就不存在了 |
[35:07] | That’s not possible. Our by-laws prevent that. | 不可能 公司条款不允许 |
[35:10] | No, Harvey, they don’t. | 哈维 没这个条款 |
[35:12] | And I’ve been focusing on the wrong thing. | 我一直都把重点放错了地方 |
[35:14] | He doesn’t need to be managing partner | 他不需要当执行合伙人 |
[35:15] | for them to outvote us on this. | 才能赢得这个投票 |
[35:17] | Harvey, if that’s true, | 哈维 果真如此的话 |
[35:20] | Zane would have to be in on it. | 赞恩肯定知情 |
[35:23] | Then I’m going to go and find out. | 我去查 |
[35:27] | – Good work, Donna. – Thanks, Louis. | -干得好 唐娜 -谢谢 路易 |
[35:31] | Listen, while we’re here, | 听着 既然已经在这儿 |
[35:34] | I have something I need to talk to you about. | 我还有事要跟你说 |
[35:43] | You must have known I’d find out sooner or later. | 你知道我肯定早晚会知道 |
[35:46] | What the hell are you talking about? | 你说什么呢 |
[35:47] | I’m talking about your plan to swallow us up, | 我说的是你打算吞并我们的计划 |
[35:49] | and you not being man enough to do it in the open. | 而且你居然都没种光明正大地干 |
[35:51] | You better start making sense, | 你最好给我说清楚 |
[35:52] | or I’m going to drive you to Bellevue myself. | 否则我待会儿亲自送你去医院 |
[35:54] | You’re telling me you had nothing to do with this? | 你是说你对此事完全不知情吗 |
[35:55] | I don’t goddamn know what this is. | 我根本不知道这是什么 |
[35:57] | Okay, I’ll lay it out for you. | 好 那我给你讲讲 |
[36:00] | The second we released that statement about Jessica, | 我们刚发布关于杰西卡的声明 |
[36:02] | Stanley Gordon contacted you with a side deal. | 斯坦利·戈登就和你达成了协议 |
[36:05] | He whipped up a lawsuit to get his clients | 他弄一份官司把他的人 |
[36:07] | back into our house | 弄回我们律所 |
[36:08] | so they can vote in favor of selling out to you. | 这样他就可以投票卖给你 |
[36:11] | If I wanted to swallow you up, | 我要是想吞并你 |
[36:12] | I wouldn’t just be man enough to tell you to your face. | 我不但会当面告诉你 |
[36:15] | I would be jumping out of this chair to do it. | 我也可以直接跟你动手 |
[36:17] | Then why did you lock down a five year lease | 那你为什么要保留你楼下三层楼的 |
[36:19] | on the three floors below you? | 五年租约 |
[36:22] | That’s your signature, isn’t it? | 这是你的签名 不是吗 |
[36:28] | God damn it. | 该死 |
[36:30] | Did you know about this and keep it from me? | 你是不是知道此事故意隐瞒我 |
[36:32] | No, they kept it from me. | 不 是他们隐瞒了我 |
[36:36] | – Who’s they? – Eric Kaldor and Ellen Rand. | -他们是谁 -艾瑞克·卡尔多和艾伦·兰德 |
[36:40] | I just found out that my two partners, | 我刚发现我的两个合伙人 |
[36:42] | who I’ve worked with for 26 years, | 和我共事26年的人 |
[36:44] | are willing to stab me in the back. | 居然背后捅我刀子 |
[36:47] | Look, I am sorry I had to be the one | 很抱歉这件事让你从我这里 |
[36:49] | to break it to you, Robert. | 知道了 罗伯特 |
[36:52] | But you better get your house in order. | 但你最好收拾好你家 |
[36:54] | Because now, I have to protect mine. | 因为我得保护好我的 |
[37:06] | Bullshit. | 胡说八道 |
[37:08] | – What? – Bullshit. | -什么 -胡说八道 |
[37:11] | I want to talk about the job offer, | 我想谈谈工作邀约的事 |
[37:14] | and what it means if we take it. | 要是我们接受呢 |
[37:18] | Well, I don’t know what to say, Rachel, | 我不知道该说什么 瑞秋 |
[37:20] | because it turns out that offer was bullshit. | 因为邀约就是胡扯 |
[37:23] | What? What are you talking about? | 什么 你说什么呢 |
[37:26] | There was no job. | 根本没有工作 |
[37:28] | He was just trying to get me to drop the case. | 他只是想让我放弃案子 |
[37:31] | – Oh, Mike, I’m so sorry. – It’s even worse. | -迈克 我很遗憾 -还有更糟的 |
[37:34] | I told him that the clinic had limited resources, | 我跟他说了诊所资源不够的事 |
[37:36] | and he used that information to strong-arm the donors, | 他利用这个信息威胁捐赠人 |
[37:38] | and get them to pull the plug. | 让他们撤资了 |
[37:40] | Well, he didn’t contact me. | 他没有联系我 |
[37:42] | Louis, now is not a good time. | 路易 你来得不是时候 |
[37:45] | Well, that’s where you’re wrong, my friend. | 你错了 我的朋友 |
[37:46] | Because it’s always a good time | 什么时候 |
[37:47] | to get a half a million dollar donation. | 接受五十万捐款都是好时候 |
[37:55] | I thought the firm couldn’t do this. | 我以为公司不能这么做 |
[37:56] | Well, the firm can’t. | 公司是不能 |
[37:58] | It’s an anonymous gift, from me to the Eastside Legal Clinic. | 这是个匿名礼物 由我个人赠与西部法律诊所 |
[38:01] | I don’t ever need it back, and no one ever needs to know. | 不需要归还 也不需要人知道 |
[38:06] | Was this your idea, or Donna’s? | 谁的主意 你的还是唐娜的 |
[38:08] | Team effort. | 团队主意 |
[38:10] | – I don’t know what to say. – Say thank you. | -我真不知道该说什么 -说谢谢 |
[38:12] | – Thank you. – No, Mike, thank you. | -谢谢 -不 该谢谢你 迈克 |
[38:15] | Because you’ve been doing the right thing | 因为从来这里 你就一直在做 |
[38:16] | ever since you got here. | 最该做的事 |
[38:18] | The world could use a lot more people like you. | 世界需要更多你这样的人 |
[38:21] | I couldn’t agree more. | 我太同意了 |
[38:30] | What? | 怎么了 |
[38:36] | Can’t say that the place looks nicer | 我走了以后这里的布置 |
[38:37] | since I’ve been gone. | 实在不怎么样 |
[38:39] | – You don’t like it? – It’s fine. | -你不喜欢 -还行吧 |
[38:42] | If you don’t care about color or texture. | 只要不在乎颜色 质地什么的 |
[38:44] | Fair enough. | 好吧 |
[38:45] | Now tell me why you’re really here, | 说说你的来意吧 |
[38:46] | because it sure as hell isn’t to tell me | 因为你大老远来这里 |
[38:48] | what a shitty job I did decorating your office. | 肯定不是为了说我没把你办公室装修好 |
[38:51] | Harvey, I know what’s going on with Stanley Gordon. | 哈维 我知道斯坦利·戈登的事 |
[38:54] | But I need a favor. | 但我需要你帮忙 |
[38:55] | – What kind of favor? – You remember that thing | -帮什么忙 -你记得我说 |
[38:58] | I said wouldn’t follow me to Chicago? | 不会跟我去芝加哥的事吗 |
[39:00] | – Well, it did. – Aw, shit. | -它还是跟去了 -该死 |
[39:03] | They’re coming after your license? | 他们要吊销你的执照吗 |
[39:04] | They already took it. | 他们已经吊销了 |
[39:06] | I’m here because I need you to fly out there tomorrow | 我来是因为我需要你明天飞过去 |
[39:08] | and file a TRO or 500 people | 提请临时禁制令 |
[39:10] | aren’t going to have a place to live. | 否则五百个人就要无家可归了 |
[39:12] | You want me to file a TRO on a housing project? | 你要让我给住房建造计划提请临时禁制令 |
[39:15] | I am in the middle of a fight for this firm’s life. | 我正在打一场关乎公司存亡的仗 |
[39:17] | I don’t care what you’re in the middle of. | 我不管你在干什么 |
[39:19] | You owe me, because along with about 100 other things, | 你欠我的 因为在你欠我的众多事里 |
[39:21] | – you threw me under the bus. – And as I recall, | -还包括为你牺牲我 -我记得 |
[39:24] | you said you were okay with it. | 你说你不介意的 |
[39:25] | And now, I need a goddamn favor. | 我现在说我需要帮忙 |
[39:28] | Okay, you want my help? | 好吧 想要我帮忙 |
[39:31] | You tell me what the hell is going on. | 你告诉我实话 |
[39:32] | Okay, Harvey. Here it is. | 好吧 哈维 我告诉你 |
[39:36] | I went out there to make a difference | 我去那里 想作出些贡献 |
[39:39] | and all I was doing was scratching the surface, | 可我只是蚍蜉撼树 |
[39:41] | one pro bono at a time. | 一件一件无偿案做 |
[39:43] | So I decided to go toe-to-toe | 所以我决定 |
[39:46] | with the mayor’s office on a police brutality case. | 直接在警察虐打犯人案对决市长办公室 |
[39:50] | I got a $4 million settlement. | 拿到了四百万和解费 |
[39:52] | And two weeks after you put out that statement, | 可是你发布声明两周后 |
[39:55] | they came after my license. | 他们就吊销了我的执照 |
[39:57] | So you’re saying this is payback? | 你是说这是报复吗 |
[39:58] | I’m saying they’re trying to run me out of town. | 我是说他们想让我直接走人 |
[40:01] | What exactly do you want me to do about it? | 你想让我做什么 |
[40:03] | I want you to stand next to me on the last case I’ll ever have, | 我想让你陪我办完我的最后一个案子 |
[40:06] | because I’m not going out like this. | 因为我不愿意这么退场 |
[40:08] | Jessica, if all you need is a lawyer, | 杰西卡 如果你只是需要个律师 |
[40:11] | you can have your pick of the top guys out there. | 外面那些精英随你挑 |
[40:13] | Harvey, you’re not hearing me. | 哈维 你没听懂 |
[40:16] | I am going to war with the people that took my license. | 我要和吊销了我执照的人过招 |
[40:19] | I don’t need the top guy. | 我需要的不是精英 |
[40:22] | I need the best partner I’ve ever had. | 我需要的是我最好的合伙人 |
[40:25] | And I need him to have my back. | 我需要他助我一臂之力 |
[40:41] | Is this an intervention? Because if it is, | 这是要调停吗 是的话 |
[40:43] | you might want to put those drinks away. | 最好把酒收起来 |
[40:46] | Jessica told us what’s going on, Harvey, | 杰西卡都告诉我们了 哈维 |
[40:48] | Whatever it is she needs you for, | 不管她需要你做什么 |
[40:49] | we came here to tell you that we’ll take care of things back here. | 我们是来告诉你 家里的事可以交给我们 |
[40:51] | You sure about that? | 你确定吗 |
[40:52] | – Because I’m not. – The one thing I’m sure of | -我可没谱 -我只确定一件事 |
[40:55] | is that none of us would be here without Jessica. | 没有杰西卡 我们都不会在这里 |
[40:57] | And we’re willing to do whatever it takes to help her. | 不管她需要什么帮助 我们都全力支持 |
[41:00] | – Whatever it takes? – Yes. | -不论如何吗 -是的 |
[41:03] | Then I want your word right now. | 那我现在就要你保证 |
[41:05] | If you have to choose between the clinic and the firm, | 如果你要在诊所和律所间抉择 |
[41:08] | you drop the clinic. | 你放弃诊所 |
[41:09] | You don’t think, how can I get out of this, | 不许考虑 不许想什么两全的办法 |
[41:11] | how can I pawn this off, or anything else. | 不许想怎么应付或者什么办法 |
[41:13] | You drop it inside of two seconds, | 你直接放弃 |
[41:15] | You help Louis with whatever he needs. | 先去给路易提供他需要的帮助 |
[41:18] | Done. | 好 |
[41:19] | They are right, Harvey. | 他们说得没错 哈维 |
[41:20] | Jessica sacrificed everything for us. | 杰西卡为我们牺牲了一切 |
[41:23] | We’ll have your back. | 我们会帮你解决好这边的事 |
[41:25] | Just get on the plane. | 你就安心上飞机吧 |
[41:33] | Well then, hope to God you guys are right. | 既然这样 上帝保佑你们是对的 |