时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:02] | Which one of my clients are you after? | 你想要我的哪一个客户 |
[00:03] | Because we both know you can’t have Pfizer. | 我们都清楚你拿不走辉瑞制药 |
[00:05] | – Yes, I can. – Then make me name partner. | -不 我可以 -你得让我当冠名合伙人 |
[00:07] | You don’t just slap somebody’s name on the wall | 你不能为了拉个客户就随便把 |
[00:09] | to get a client. | 某个人名字拍上墙 |
[00:10] | I’m not just slapping his name up, Louis. | 我不仅仅是把他的名字拍上墙 路易 |
[00:12] | I’m making a move. | 我在走一步棋 |
[00:13] | I’m not saying Donna doesn’t deserve a promotion; | 我不是说你不应该提拔唐娜 |
[00:15] | I’m just saying making partner means something. | 我只是想说成为合伙人意义重大 |
[00:17] | And I’m concerned that being one here | 而我担心这个先例 |
[00:19] | won’t mean what it used to. | 会破坏这个意义 |
[00:22] | This is an amazing amount of work. | 这可是很大的工作量 |
[00:23] | I stayed up all night doing it. | 我熬了一整夜 |
[00:24] | But I thought you take the night shift with your son. | 我以为昨晚轮到你陪你儿子了 |
[00:26] | I told my wife she’d have to take it last night. | 我昨晚让我妻子来接替我了 |
[00:28] | I thought you might need a little relief. | 我想你可能得歇会儿 |
[00:30] | You sure? Support his head. | 确定吗 托住他的头 |
[00:32] | There we go. | 好的 |
[00:33] | Holy shit. Gordon really doesn’t want to take over. | 该死 戈登不是真的想掌权 |
[00:35] | He just wants to orchestrate a deal | 他只是想安排一个交易 |
[00:36] | where his guys come back, | 让他的人回来 |
[00:37] | they vote to merge with Zane, | 让他们投票同意我们和赞恩合并 |
[00:39] | and we cease to exist. | 我们就不存在了 |
[00:40] | I just found out that my two partners | 我刚发现我的两个合伙人 |
[00:42] | are willing to stab me in the back. | 居然想背后捅我刀子 |
[00:44] | God damn it, Louis. I’m trying the best I can. | 该死 路易 我正想尽一切办法帮助公司 |
[00:46] | Well, then, try something else, | 那试试别的吧 |
[00:47] | because giving you the reins | 因为在我们冲下悬崖前半小时 |
[00:49] | a half hour before we drive off a cliff | 让你来勒马 |
[00:51] | isn’t gonna do shit. | 一点用都没有 |
[00:52] | I just came to make sure that the paperwork was in order | 我只是来确认你的客户 |
[00:55] | for your clients to come over and join our new firm. | 加入我们新律所的所有文书都准备好了 |
[00:57] | I went and saw Andy Forsyth today. | 我今天去找安迪·福赛斯了 |
[00:59] | You went to see him about us moving to Seattle? | 你去找他谈了关于我们搬去西雅图的事吗 |
[01:02] | If we’re ever gonna do something like this in our lives, | 如果这辈子我们还想尝试这种事 |
[01:04] | now is the time. | 现在就是最好时机 |
[01:05] | And what about the wedding? | 那婚礼怎么办 |
[01:06] | We could move it up. | 我们可以提前 |
[01:08] | If I’ve learned one thing, | 我唯一知道的 |
[01:09] | it’s that there is nothing that I can’t handle | 就是只要你在我身边 |
[01:11] | when I have you by my side. | 就没有过不去的坎 |
[01:13] | You’re the husband I’ve always wanted. | 你就是我梦寐以求的另一半 |
[01:15] | And I can’t wait to begin our adventure together. | 我已经等不及要和你一起开始冒险了 |
[01:18] | Rachel and I were offered a chance | 瑞秋和我得到了工作邀约 |
[01:20] | to run a firm in Seattle. | 去西雅图管理律所 |
[01:22] | – Mike– – Harvey, | -迈克 -哈维 |
[01:22] | this is who I am. It’s who I’ve always been. | 我就是这样的人 我一直都是 |
[01:25] | It’s time. | 到时候了 |
[01:32] | I’ll tell you what, Robert. | 我告诉你 罗伯特 |
[01:34] | Your baby girl just got married, | 你的宝贝女儿刚结婚 |
[01:35] | I’m gonna throw you a bone. | 我就可怜可怜你 |
[01:37] | Your name goes first. | 把你名字放在前面 |
[01:39] | No. No. | 不必 不必 |
[01:40] | You think I don’t know what you’re doing. | 别以为我不知道你打的什么主意 |
[01:42] | Then I owe you. Yours goes first. | 这么一来我就欠你人情了 你名字放前面吧 |
[01:44] | You saying I owe you? | 你是说让我欠你人情吗 |
[01:46] | You do owe me. I saved your ass. | 你本来就欠我 我帮了你大忙 |
[01:48] | Well, you only did that | 你之所以这么做 |
[01:49] | because we put you in a terrible position. | 是因为我们当时让你很难做 |
[01:51] | Wait. That’s against me. | 等等 我这是在搬起石头砸自己的脚 |
[01:53] | Jesus Christ, what have I got myself into? | 天呐 我这是摊上什么事了 |
[01:56] | I’ll tell you what. | 我可以回答你 |
[01:57] | You got yourself into Zane Specter Litt. | 你成了赞恩-斯佩克特-利特律所的合伙人 |
[01:59] | Or Specter Zane Litt. | 斯佩克特-赞恩-利特律所也行 |
[02:02] | Either way… | 不管怎样… |
[02:04] | Litt comes last. | 利特放最后 |
[02:14] | Wanna go out and get a burger? | 想出去吃个汉堡吗 |
[02:16] | I do. But it’s 2:00 A.M. | 想 但现在是凌晨两点 |
[02:18] | If I go out for a burger right now, | 如果我现在出去吃汉堡 |
[02:19] | the only thing I’m getting is a divorce. | 我就等着老婆跟我离婚吧 |
[02:21] | Copy that. I’ll get you one from the kitchen. | 懂了 我从厨房给你拿一个 |
[02:23] | Yeah, meet me downstairs. | 好 楼下见 |
[02:25] | Hide it in the gift bag or some shit. | 把它藏在礼品袋里什么的 |
[03:03] | – You’re here early. – I am. | -你早来了 -是啊 |
[03:05] | I know this is about the time you finish your morning run. | 我知道你这个时候会晨跑完 |
[03:08] | Look, Harvey. If this is about me | 听着 哈维 如果是因为你不在时 |
[03:09] | getting into it with Louis while you were gone– | 我和路易吵架的事… |
[03:11] | It isn’t. I didn’t even know that happened. | 不是这事 我都不知道这事发生过 |
[03:12] | Well, you might as well hear about it now. | 那我现在就告诉你事情经过 |
[03:14] | I came to him with an idea to save the firm | 我带着一个可以拯救律所的想法去找他 |
[03:16] | that involved making me temporary managing partner | 就是让我暂时成为经营合伙人 |
[03:18] | and he bit my head off. | 结果我碰了一鼻子灰 |
[03:20] | Let me guess, he thought you were coming after me. | 我猜猜 他以为你想夺我的权 |
[03:22] | Harvey, I would never do that to you. | 哈维 我绝不会这样对你 |
[03:23] | I know that, but that’s not what I’m here to talk about. | 我知道 但我来这里是为了别的事 |
[03:25] | I’m here to tell you that as of this morning | 我来是要告诉你就在今早 |
[03:28] | we’re merging with Robert Zane. | 我们要和罗伯特·赞恩律所合并了 |
[03:30] | – What? – Alex. | -什么 -亚历克斯 |
[03:32] | I don’t believe it. When I came over you said | 真是让人难以置信 我当时来的时候你说 |
[03:34] | my name would be the one to go up next. | 我会成为下一个冠名合伙人 |
[03:36] | I know that, | 我记得 |
[03:36] | but this was the only way to save the firm. | 但这是拯救律所唯一的选择 |
[03:39] | And you know as well as I do, | 你我都清楚 |
[03:41] | Zane has been a name partner | 赞恩当冠名合伙人的时间 |
[03:42] | longer than me and Louis combined. | 比我和路易加起来都长 |
[03:44] | All right, I get it. | 好吧 我理解 |
[03:47] | But we had an agreement. | 但是我们有言在先 |
[03:48] | And I want your word right now that you’re gonna honor it. | 我现在想让你向我保证你会履行承诺 |
[03:50] | You have my word. Your name goes up next. | 我向你保证 你会是下一个冠名合伙人 |
[03:55] | All right. | 好吧 |
[03:57] | One more thing. | 还有一件事 |
[03:59] | Did Louis know about the merger before this morning? | 今早之前 路易知道要合并的事吗 |
[04:01] | Yeah, why? | 知道啊 怎么了 |
[04:03] | Because if he didn’t tell me about it, | 因为如果他没告诉我 |
[04:04] | he must really not trust me. | 他就是真的很不信任我 |
[04:06] | Which means when it is time to put my name up there– | 也就是说真到了要我冠名的时候 |
[04:08] | Louis’ll be fine, Alex. | 路易那边没问题的 亚历克斯 |
[04:09] | And what if he’s not? | 万一有问题呢 |
[04:10] | Like I said, you have my word. | 正如我说的 我向你保证 |
[04:19] | Of course I would do that for you. | 为了你我当然会那么做 |
[04:20] | I would do anything for you because I love you. | 我会为你做任何事 因为我爱你 |
[04:24] | I promise. I will never bring it up again. | 我答应你 我再也不提了 |
[04:25] | We never have to get a Maine Coon. | 我们绝不养缅因猫 |
[04:29] | – Sheila? – Yes. | -是希拉 -是的 |
[04:31] | Anyway, I brought you in because I want– | 我叫你进来是因为我想… |
[04:33] | Katrina, what’s on your mind? | 卡特里娜 你想什么呢 |
[04:35] | Nothing. It’s just, giving up cats? | 没什么 只是 你要放弃养猫 |
[04:39] | Louis, after all she put you through, are you sure? | 路易 她让你遭了那么多的罪 你确定吗 |
[04:41] | I am. And besides, | 确定 再说了 |
[04:42] | she’s still open to getting a short hair. | 至少她还没拒绝剪短发 |
[04:45] | – Well, then I’m happy for you. – And I’m happy for you, too, | -那我可真为你开心 -我也为你开心 |
[04:47] | because today is the day that | 因为在今天 |
[04:48] | you get to make your two greatest loves more efficient. | 你要让你最爱的两家律所更高效地运转 |
[04:50] | Don’t tell me. We’re merging with Zane; | 省省吧 我们正要和赞恩合并 |
[04:52] | we have more associates than we can handle; | 我们根本负担不了这么多助理律师 |
[04:54] | and you need the one person | 你需要一个 |
[04:55] | who worked at both firms to cull that herd. | 在两家公司都待过的人来精简人员 |
[04:57] | Exactly. And now I need you to come up | 没错 你现在给我起草一份名单 |
[04:59] | with a list of the ten least-efficient associates | 列出十个最没效率的助理律师 |
[05:01] | without telling me names or whether or not | 不用告诉我名字 也不用说 |
[05:03] | they come from Zane or us. | 他们是赞恩的人还是我们的人 |
[05:04] | Got it. | 明白 |
[05:05] | And, Katrina? | 还有 卡特里娜 |
[05:08] | Thanks for your concern about Sheila and me. | 谢谢你对希拉和我的关心 |
[05:10] | Louis, you know I care for you | 路易 你知道我很在乎你 |
[05:12] | deeply in a completely asexual manner. | 这种关心与性别无关 |
[05:14] | And I too care for you deeply | 我也非常在乎你 |
[05:15] | and see you neither as man nor woman. | 同时用看待中性的方式看待你 |
[05:18] | Thank you, Louis. | 谢谢你 路易 |
[05:20] | Kinder words were never spoken. | 我从没听到过比这更好的嘉奖 |
[05:22] | I’ll have my list for you by the end of the day. | 今天下班之前我会把名单给你 |
[05:33] | I’m gonna miss her too. | 我也会想她的 |
[05:35] | I’m not sure which is worse. | 我也说不好哪个更糟 |
[05:37] | Finding out Mike was a fraud | 到底是发现迈克是个骗子 |
[05:38] | or that he’s taking my daughter away. | 还是他要把我女儿带走 |
[05:42] | Pretty sure it was the fraud thing. | 要我说还是骗子那事更糟 |
[05:45] | You probably got a point. | 有道理 |
[05:46] | Speaking of frauds and your daughter. | 说到骗子和你女儿 |
[05:56] | She left that for me? | 这是她留给我的 |
[05:57] | A little welcome to the firm from your little girl. | 来自你家小宝贝的小小欢迎礼 |
[06:02] | By the way, Harvey wants to meet at 9:30 in the conference room. | 对了 哈维九点半要在会议室开个会 |
[06:05] | So in the meantime, | 趁着这段时间 |
[06:05] | why don’t you set yourself up in Mike’s old office. | 你不如先把东西搬进迈克之前的办公室 |
[06:09] | Thank you, Donna. | 谢了 唐娜 |
[06:10] | It’s nice to have you here, Robert. | 很高兴你能来到这里 罗伯特 |
[06:11] | Oh, we’ll see how nice it is once I tell Harvey | 等我告诉哈维 我不要他的旧办公室之后 |
[06:14] | it’s not his old office that I’m looking to be in. | 看他还高不高兴 |
[06:16] | Claiming managing partner already. | 你这口气就好像你已经是经营合伙人了 |
[06:19] | Isn’t that a bold statement for day one? | 才来第一天 不必说这种大话吧 |
[06:21] | Let me tell you something, Red. | 我告诉你 红发妞 |
[06:22] | I’ve been making bold statements my entire career. | 我整个职业生涯都在说大话 |
[06:25] | I’m sure as hell not about to stop now. | 现在可停不下来了 |
[06:34] | ♪ See the money, wanna stay for your meal ♪ | *看到钱 就愿意留下吃饭* |
[06:37] | ♪ Get another piece of pie for your wife ♪ | *给你太太再拿块馅饼* |
[06:40] | ♪ Everybody wanna know how it feel ♪ | *所有人都想知道那感觉* |
[06:44] | ♪ Everybody wanna see what it’s like ♪ | *所有人都想见见那景象* |
[06:47] | ♪ I’ll even eat a bean pie, I don’t mind ♪ | *豆子馅饼我也愿吃 我不在乎* |
[06:50] | ♪ Me and Missy is so busy, busy making money ♪ | *我和妹子忙着赚钱* |
[06:54] | ♪ All right ♪ | *好了* |
[06:56] | ♪ All step back, I’m ’bout to dance ♪ | *退开点 我要跳舞* |
[07:01] | ♪ The greenback boogie ♪ | *美钞爵士摇摇摇* |
[07:07] | All right, I think we all know who’s gonna be managing partner | 大家都清楚 谁将成为经营合伙人这个问题 |
[07:09] | isn’t something we’re gonna decide overnight. | 不是一夜之间就能决定的 |
[07:11] | Therefore, for the sake of firm harmony, | 因此 为了律所的和谐 |
[07:14] | I suggest we start with conflicts of interest. | 我建议我们先从利益冲突角度切入 |
[07:16] | – Fine with me. – Me too. | -我不介意 -我也是 |
[07:18] | Great. As you can see, | 很好 你们都很清楚 |
[07:20] | I’ve taken the liberty of suggesting | 我自行选出了一个 |
[07:23] | who drops which client. | 你们需要放弃的客户列表 |
[07:24] | And I am confident you’ll agree with all of my proposals | 我相信你们会赞同我所有的提议 |
[07:27] | – with the exception– – I’m not dropping Dexterol. | -除了 -我不会放弃德科斯特洛 |
[07:30] | And I’m not dropping Clavatin. | 我不会放弃克拉维坦 |
[07:31] | – Exactly. – Exactly what? | -正是如此 -正是什么 |
[07:33] | What do you mean, “Exactly what?” | 什么叫正是什么 |
[07:34] | I knew that neither of you would be willing | 我知道你们俩都不愿意 |
[07:36] | to give up those particular clients. Exactly that. | 放弃这几个特定客户 我正是这个意思 |
[07:39] | You mean you don’t have a suggestion? | 你的意思是你没有处理建议吗 |
[07:40] | I have a suggestion. | 我有个提议 |
[07:42] | You drop yours, then the next time | 你先放弃你的 等下次我们 |
[07:43] | we have a major conflict I’ll drop mine. | 有重大冲突时 我再放弃我的 |
[07:45] | You sure about that? Because the next major conflict | 你确定吗 下次的重大冲突 |
[07:47] | we’re gonna have is who’s managing partner. | 可就是我们俩的经营合伙人之争了 |
[07:49] | Then what exactly is your idea? | 那你的想法是什么 |
[07:50] | I say whoever’s client billed the most hours last year stays. | 要我说 留下去年计费时段最多的客户 |
[07:53] | Well, that’s pretty damn convenient | 这还真他妈方便 |
[07:55] | because your client went through a merger | 你的客户刚完成了一项合并 |
[07:57] | so their billables are inflated. | 他们付的钱可是在飞涨 |
[07:59] | You’re saying that the sun got in your eyes | 你是说太阳把你给闪瞎了 |
[08:00] | and that’s why you dropped the big pass? | 所以你把到嘴的肥肉弄丢了 |
[08:02] | Wait a second, Harvey’s right. | 等等 哈维说得对 |
[08:03] | – Come again? – No, not about who to drop. | -又来 -不 跟放弃哪个客户无关 |
[08:05] | Your client did just go through a merger. | 你的客户确实刚完成了一项合并 |
[08:07] | They’re in a whole new line of business. | 他们现在所开展的是全新的业务 |
[08:08] | Most of which doesn’t conflict with Clavatin anymore. | 大部分产品与克拉维坦不再有竞争 |
[08:12] | Where you going with this? | 你要表达什么 |
[08:13] | I’m saying if we can get either client | 我是说如果我们能说服其中一个客户 |
[08:14] | to drop the one division where they still overlap | 放弃一个与对方仍有业务重叠的部门 |
[08:17] | you can keep them both. | 你们就都能保住自己的客户了 |
[08:20] | Well, in that case I’ll get my client to drop. | 这样的话 我去说服我的客户放弃吧 |
[08:23] | It’s the least I can do. | 这是我最起码能做的 |
[08:24] | No. I’ll do the honors. | 不 让我来吧 |
[08:26] | After all, you welcomed me into your home. | 毕竟是你邀我来到了你的地盘 |
[08:28] | Why don’t we make it a friendly wager. | 不如来打个怡情小赌 |
[08:30] | We each get our client to drop. | 我们分头去劝各自的客户放弃 |
[08:31] | First one who gets there wins. | 先成功的人赢 |
[08:33] | Sure thing. | 一言为定 |
[08:46] | Don’t do it. | 别这么做 |
[08:48] | Don’t do what? | 别做什么 |
[08:50] | Don’t try to get Zane’s client to dump their division | 别在告诉赞恩你会让你的客户放弃之后 |
[08:53] | after telling him you’d get your client to do it. | 又试图让他的客户放弃 |
[08:55] | How do you even know that’s what happened? | 你怎么知道事情会是这样 |
[08:56] | I know because Louis told me. | 我知道是因为路易告诉我了 |
[08:57] | What do you mean Louis told you? | 什么叫路易告诉你了 |
[08:59] | The meeting just ended two seconds ago | 会议差不多两秒前才结束 |
[09:00] | and I came right back here. | 然后我直接就过来了 |
[09:02] | In that case, I mean, | 如果是这样 那我的意思是 |
[09:04] | I heard Louis’ voice on the recording device | 我通过我装在会议室里的录音设备 |
[09:06] | that I had installed in the conference room. | 听到了路易说的话 |
[09:07] | You bugged the meeting? | 你窃听了我们的会议 |
[09:08] | Bugged is such a distasteful word. | 窃听这个词太没有品味了 |
[09:10] | – That’s not an answer. – Okay. | -这不算答案 -好吧 |
[09:12] | You want an answer? | 你想知道答案是吧 |
[09:14] | I have been listening to your conversations | 我从你做助理律师开始 |
[09:16] | since you were an associate and I’m not about to stop now. | 就一直在偷听你谈话 目前我也不打算收手 |
[09:18] | Now, do you want to quibble about my methods | 现在你是想继续挑剔我的做法 |
[09:20] | or do you want to get the part | 还是想听听我要怎样 |
[09:21] | where I save you from yourself? | 不让你跳进自己挖的坑 |
[09:22] | – Donna. – Harvey, you heard him. | -唐娜 -哈维 你听到他说的了 |
[09:23] | Zane’s got his eye on managing partner. | 赞恩觊觎着经营合伙人的位置 |
[09:25] | I know good and well what he’s after. | 我很清楚他想要什么 |
[09:27] | Then why would you give him ammunition? | 那你为什么要给他这个机会 |
[09:30] | Because you think this is gonna be fun. | 因为你觉得这会很有趣 |
[09:32] | But trust me, you go after him | 但相信我 你对他出手 |
[09:34] | and it’s gonna get more serious than you thought. | 后果会比你想象得严重的多 |
[09:36] | And in the end, you’re just gonna prove | 到最后 你只能证明 |
[09:37] | that he’s better suited to be in your office than you. | 他比你更适合坐你的位置 |
[09:42] | Okay, Donna. | 好的 唐娜 |
[09:45] | Okay, you’re not gonna pick a fight with Robert Zane? | 这话是指你不会去招惹罗伯特·赞恩了吗 |
[09:48] | No. Okay, I’m gonna find someone else to do it for me. | 不 是指我会找个人替我对付他 |
[09:58] | Twice in one day. | 一天见两次 |
[10:00] | To what do I owe the pleasure now? | 这次又是什么风把你吹来了 |
[10:01] | I’m here to tell you, | 我是来告诉你 |
[10:02] | you want your name on the door you got to earn it. | 如果你想做冠名合伙人 就要自己争取 |
[10:04] | I thought I already had. | 我以为已经争取到了 |
[10:05] | Maybe you have, maybe you haven’t, | 也许是 也许不是 |
[10:07] | but I got something for you to do anyway. | 但我有事要你去办 |
[10:08] | And what exactly is that? | 具体是什么事 |
[10:09] | I need you to get Robert Zane’s biggest client | 我需要你去说服罗伯特·赞恩最大的客户 |
[10:12] | to sell their manufacturing division. | 让他们卖掉生产部门 |
[10:14] | Harvey, you point me up the hill, | 哈维 你给我指了一条上山的路 |
[10:16] | I’m gonna kill whoever’s at the top. | 我会不留余力干掉山顶的人 |
[10:18] | – But? – But in this case, | -但是 -但是这一回 |
[10:19] | the guy at the top is on our side. | 在山顶的是自己人 |
[10:21] | – Is he? – What are you talking about? | -是吗 -你在说什么 |
[10:22] | I’m telling you this is gonna determine who runs the firm. | 我是说 这件事会决定谁将真正掌管律所 |
[10:26] | Zane knows it and I know it. | 赞恩和我都心知肚明 |
[10:27] | So if you want me to be able to live up to that promise, | 所以如果你希望我能兑现我的承诺 |
[10:30] | I need you to do this. | 我需要你搞定这事 |
[10:32] | And I don’t like being threatened | 我不喜欢你用 |
[10:33] | for you to uphold a promise you already made. | 你已经承诺的事情威胁我 |
[10:35] | I don’t either, but like it or not, | 我也不喜欢 不管你是否愿意 |
[10:36] | this benefits both of us. | 这对我们俩都有好处 |
[10:38] | And I guarantee you right now, | 而且我向你保证 |
[10:40] | Zane’s going to his right-hand man to ask the same thing. | 此刻赞恩也正找他的副手做同样的事 |
[10:42] | And who is his right hand? | 那么谁是他的副手呢 |
[10:43] | Your job isn’t to ask who he is. | 你的职责不是问他的身份 |
[10:46] | Your job is to kick his ass. | 而是让他一败涂地 |
[11:18] | You planning on making it in to the new offices anytime soon? | 你近期有搬进新办公室的计划吗 |
[11:22] | What for? Help you pick out new lamps? | 怎么 好帮你挑选新台灯吗 |
[11:23] | What’s that supposed to mean? | 这是什么意思 |
[11:24] | It means I knew you’d come in here | 这意味着我知道你会过来 |
[11:26] | and ask me to take care of whatever needs taking care of | 让我在需要搞定事情的时候去搞定 |
[11:28] | whenever it needs taking care of. | 需要搞定的事情 |
[11:30] | So unless you want to step in and take a beating, | 除非你想进来打一回合 |
[11:32] | why don’t you just get to it? | 不如你就直说吧 |
[11:33] | You think I couldn’t handle you? | 你以为我打不过你吗 |
[11:34] | I think if you took your tie off, | 我想如果你松开领带 |
[11:36] | we could find out. | 我们就能一决高下 |
[11:38] | Shit, I come up there and get my ass kicked | 该死 如果我上去被一个瘦弱的 |
[11:39] | by a skinny white girl, my life would never be the same. | 白人姑娘痛扁 我这人就丢大了 |
[11:41] | So what do we got? A number two, a number six? | 现在什么情况 一个二号一个六号吗 |
[11:44] | Number 14 with a side of 11. | 十四号和十一号侧边 |
[11:46] | Well, leave the file and the particulars, | 把文件和细节留下 |
[11:47] | – I’ll get to it when I’m done. – Samantha. | -等我结束就去看 -萨曼莎 |
[11:49] | I need you to come through for me on this one. | 我需要你帮我度过这个关卡 |
[11:51] | Come on, Robert, have I ever let you down before? | 拜托 罗伯特 我什么时候让你失望过 |
[11:53] | You’ve never lost, | 你从没输过 |
[11:54] | but you have let me down a time or two. | 但你确实让我失望过一 |
[11:57] | Well, then, I give you my word | 好吧 那我向你保证 |
[11:58] | this will not be one of those times. | 这次不会让你失望 |
[12:07] | Damn, she could kick my ass. | 该死 她绝对能打败我 |
[12:20] | Katrina, what are you doing here? | 卡特里娜 你在这里干什么 |
[12:21] | – I gave you an assignment– – I finished it. | -我给了你一个任务 -我完成了 |
[12:23] | What do you mean you finished it? | 什么叫你完成了 |
[12:24] | I asked you to evaluate 50 associates. | 我让你评估50名助理律师 |
[12:25] | How could you have done that already? | 你怎么可能这么快就做完了 |
[12:26] | I didn’t. PATTIE did it for me. | 我没做 PATTIE帮我做的 |
[12:28] | – Who the hell’s Pattie? – Not who, what. | -PATTIE是谁 -不是谁 是什么 |
[12:30] | Personal Assessment Tallying and Totalling Individual Efficiency. | 个人评估计数和个人效率总计 |
[12:33] | Say what now? | 你在说什么 |
[12:34] | I plugged in 16 parameters and quantifiables, | 我插入了16个可量化参数 |
[12:37] | PATTIE popped out a list | PATTIE弹出了一个从第一到 |
[12:37] | ranking the associates from 1 to 50. | 第五十名排序的名单 |
[12:39] | Katrina, this is amazing. | 卡特里娜 这真不可思议 |
[12:40] | Not only that, it’s completely objective. | 不止如此 而且完全客观 |
[12:42] | The bottom ten are the least efficient, period. | 倒数十名是效率最低的 起码这段时间是 |
[12:44] | Well, then I guess all that’s left is for you | 那我猜就只差最后一步 你告诉我 |
[12:46] | to tell me who they are and for me to let them go. | 他们是谁 然后由我辞退他们 |
[12:47] | About that, Louis. | 关于这个 路易 |
[12:49] | I’d like to be the one to do the letting go. | 我想亲自处理辞退的事 |
[12:51] | Katrina, I could never ask you to do that. | 卡特里娜 我决不会要求你做那样的事 |
[12:53] | You’re not asking; I am. | 不是你要求我 是我自己要做 |
[12:54] | I don’t understand. Why would you want to? | 我不明白 你为什么想那么做 |
[12:55] | Louis, you told me I could be senior partner one day. | 路易 你说过有一天我会成为高级合伙人 |
[12:58] | Which means, I need to be able to do things like this. | 那就意味着 我得有能力去做这样的事 |
[13:00] | – But– – And as Ned Stark would say, | -但是 -就像奈德·史塔克说的 |
[13:02] | “He who passes the sentence should swing the sword.” | “宣判死刑之人理应亲自动手” |
[13:05] | You know I can never argue with Ned Stark. | 你知道我从不会质疑奈德·史塔克 |
[13:07] | I do. | 我知道 |
[13:09] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[13:11] | Katrina. | 卡特里娜 |
[13:13] | – Make them clean deaths. – I will. | -办得利落点 -我会的 |
[13:28] | Jeremy Stiller. | 杰里米·斯蒂勒 |
[13:29] | – Who are you? – I work for Robert Zane. | -你是哪位 -我为罗伯特·赞恩办事 |
[13:31] | Ah. Well, I’m sorry Ms. Works for Robert Zane, | 抱歉 “为罗伯特·赞恩办事”女士 |
[13:34] | but this is private property. | 但此处是私人财产 |
[13:35] | I’m gonna have to ask you to leave. | 我不得不请你离开 |
[13:36] | I have to say, it almost feels like you knew | 我不得不说 你看上去就像 |
[13:39] | this encounter would happen. | 知道我会来找你一样 |
[13:40] | That’s because Alex Williams told me | 那是因为亚历克斯·威廉姆斯告诉我 |
[13:42] | a man named Sam Wheeler would be coming. | 有个叫萨姆·惠勒的男士会来 |
[13:44] | Which means he was resourceful enough | 那就是说他神通广大到 |
[13:45] | to find out my name but didn’t have enough imagination | 能查得到我的名字 但少了点想象力 |
[13:47] | to think I might be a woman. | 没能想到我可能是个女的 |
[13:48] | Well, he had enough imagination | 是么 他可是有足够的想象力 |
[13:49] | to tell me not to take your call. | 提醒我别接你的电话 |
[13:51] | And he only did that because he’s afraid | 他那么做的原因是因为他害怕 |
[13:52] | you might like what I have to say. | 你会喜欢我要说的话 |
[13:54] | Well, I don’t. Even if I did, | 并不会 即使我会喜欢 |
[13:55] | I’m loyal to Specter Litt. | 我对斯佩克特·利特绝对忠诚 |
[13:57] | Look, I’m sorry. | 听着 我很抱歉 |
[13:58] | Clearly we got off on the wrong foot, but I– | 我们显然开了个坏头 但是我 |
[14:00] | We did. Now if you don’t mind, | 的确如此 如果你不介意的话 |
[14:01] | I have work to do. | 我得工作了 |
[14:07] | I grew up poor. | 我生长于贫苦之家 |
[14:08] | We lived on a farm and my only chance | 我们住在农场上 我上大学的唯一机会 |
[14:10] | of going to college was to get a scholarship, | 就是靠拿奖学金读书 |
[14:12] | which I did. | 而我的确拿到了 |
[14:14] | Sophomore year, the company that funded my scholarship | 大二那年 给我提供奖学金的 |
[14:16] | went out of business. | 那家公司破产了 |
[14:18] | So I had a choice. | 所以我不得不做出选择 |
[14:20] | Do it myself, or don’t do it at all. | 要么自力更生 要么干脆辍学 |
[14:25] | Since then, I have scratched and clawed | 从那以后 我所拥有过的一切 |
[14:28] | for everything I have ever had. | 都是我拼尽血泪而得 |
[14:31] | Why are you telling me this? | 为什么要告诉我这些 |
[14:33] | Because the details were different | 因为我知道虽然细节可能有所不同 |
[14:34] | but I know the same thing happened to you. | 但你也曾身处过同样的境地 |
[14:38] | Please. | 拜托了 |
[14:40] | All I’m asking is for you to hear me out. | 我只求你能听我把话说完 |
[14:46] | Okay, I’ll hear you out. | 好 我听你说 |
[14:47] | But there’s no way I’m dropping my business. | 但是我绝不会放弃我的生意 |
[14:54] | Donna, do you have a minute? | 唐娜 你有空吗 |
[14:55] | Does this have to do with the associates | 是和我们裁员的事 |
[14:56] | – we’re letting go? – It does. | -有关吗 -没错 |
[14:58] | And since I understand you’ll be doing | 自从我知道你要跟他们 |
[14:59] | exit interviews with them, | 进行离职谈话 |
[15:00] | I thought you should know who’s going. | 我想你应该知道要走的人都是谁 |
[15:03] | That’s funny. | 有意思 |
[15:04] | That’s not what I thought you’d be asking. | 我本来以为你来找我另有他事 |
[15:06] | What do you mean? | 什么意思 |
[15:08] | Katrina, are you sure you’re going to be okay | 卡特里娜 你确定亲自开掉曾经和你 |
[15:10] | firing people you’ve worked with for years? | 共事数年的人对你来说没问题吗 |
[15:12] | I mean, I know you value you the firm, but this– | 我知道你很珍视律所 但是这 |
[15:14] | I know it isn’t going to be easy, Donna. | 我知道这件事不会好做 唐娜 |
[15:16] | I was once let go from here too, | 我也曾经被迫离开过这里 |
[15:18] | but I’ll tell you what I told Louis. | 但我要把我和路易说的话再和你说一遍 |
[15:20] | That if I’m going to grow in my role here | 如果我要在这里成长起来 |
[15:21] | this is something I’m going to have to learn to do. | 这些事我必须得学着去做 |
[15:24] | Fair enough. | 说得好 |
[15:27] | Hang on a second, has Louis seen this list? | 等一下 路易看过这个名单吗 |
[15:29] | No, why? | 没有 怎么了 |
[15:30] | There’s a problem with the first name. | 名单上的第一个人大有问题 |
[15:31] | – He’s not gonna like it. – I know that. | -他会不高兴的 -我知道 |
[15:33] | Then I suggest you let him know | 我建议你在动手之前 |
[15:35] | before you pull the trigger. | 最好提前跟他说一声 |
[15:36] | – I can’t do that. – Why not? | -我不能那么做 -为什么 |
[15:39] | Because this process is supposed to be impartial. | 因为整个过程应该是公平公正的 |
[15:41] | And if I tell Louis who I’m going to fire | 如果就因为路易不会喜欢某个名字 |
[15:43] | just because he won’t like one of the names on the list– | 出现在名单上 我就要提前告诉他我要开谁 |
[15:45] | What won’t I like? | 我不会喜欢什么 |
[15:49] | Louis, Katrina was just informing me | 路易 卡特里娜只是来通知我 |
[15:51] | that it’s not a good idea for you– | 你可能不太会同意… |
[15:53] | What name? | 谁的名字 |
[15:55] | – Brian. – Nope. | -布莱恩 -不行 |
[15:56] | Louis. | 路易 |
[15:56] | Donna, this is between katrina and me. | 唐娜 这是我和卡特里娜之间的事 |
[15:59] | No, Louis, it isn’t. | 不 路易 |
[16:00] | This is about the firm and its integrity. | 这事关律所和律所的诚信 |
[16:02] | You asked me to come up with an objective metric | 你让我想出一个客观衡量标准 |
[16:04] | and by that metric, Brian Altman has to go. | 而依据这个标准 布莱恩·阿特曼必须走 |
[16:06] | – So change the metric. – I can’t do that. | -那就调整标准 -我做不到 |
[16:08] | And even if I could | 即使我可以 |
[16:09] | he’d be just as likely to go down as go up. | 他也不一定能合格 |
[16:11] | I understand that, but I don’t give a shit. | 我明白 但我不在乎 |
[16:12] | – Anyone but Brian. – Louis– | -除了布莱恩谁走都行 -路易 |
[16:14] | Katrina, listen to me. | 卡特里娜 听我说 |
[16:15] | You asked for this responsibility | 你想承担这份职责 |
[16:16] | so I gave it to you. So now I am telling you | 我答应了 现在我告诉你 |
[16:18] | to find a way to keep him. | 想办法留住他 |
[16:21] | Okay, Louis. I’ll see what I can do. | 好吧 路易 我尽力而为 |
[16:31] | Harvey, we need to talk. | 哈维 我们得谈谈 |
[16:32] | Don’t tell me, there’s a problem. | 别告诉我有麻烦了 |
[16:33] | – There is. – What is it now? | -确实有 -是什么 |
[16:35] | It’s not that big of a deal, | 不是什么大事 |
[16:36] | but you’re gonna have to figure out what font to use | 但你得想好用什么字体 |
[16:38] | to put my name on the letterhead. | 把我的名字加进冠名合伙人 |
[16:39] | Because as of 2:00 p.m. Today, Robert Zane’s client | 今天下午2点起 罗伯特·赞恩的客户 |
[16:42] | is officially dropping their manufacturing division. | 就要正式关掉他们的生产部门 |
[16:44] | You telling me you did it? | 你是说你做到了 |
[16:45] | Signed, sealed, and delivered, my man. | 签字 盖章并交付了 老兄 |
[16:46] | Now let’s get down to figuring out– | 现在我们来想好… |
[16:48] | What? How to counter my last move? | 想什么 如何拆我的上一招吗 |
[16:51] | Because you may have them signed and sealed | 因为你们可能已经签字盖章了 |
[16:52] | but I’m here to tell you your delivery got lost on the way. | 但我来告诉你们 交付中途夭折了 |
[16:55] | – Who the hell are you? – Her name is Sam Wheeler. | -你是谁 -她叫萨姆·惠勒 |
[16:57] | Truth be told, Alex, I prefer Samantha. | 老实说 亚历克斯 还是叫我萨曼莎吧 |
[16:59] | You two know each other? | 你俩认识吗 |
[17:00] | No, but it doesn’t take a genius to figure out | 不 但傻瓜都知道 |
[17:02] | – she’s Zane’s guy. – He didn’t figure it out. | -她是赞恩的人 -他就不知道 |
[17:04] | What I figured out is, whoever you are, | 我知道的是 不管你是谁 |
[17:06] | if you think you can waltz into my office– | 如果你认为你可以大摇大摆走进我办公室 |
[17:08] | – Harvey, I got it. – Do you? | -哈维 我能处理 -是吗 |
[17:10] | Because unless I’m misreading the situation, | 因为除非是我搞错了状况 |
[17:12] | – she’s saying you don’t. – Harvey. | -否则她就是在说你不能 -哈维 |
[17:13] | You know what, you two are obviously having some trouble. | 我看你俩明显有点矛盾 |
[17:17] | The good news is you’ll have plenty of time | 好消息是你们有足够时间 |
[17:18] | to work it out because as of end of business today, | 来化解矛盾 因为今天下班后 |
[17:21] | your client is dropping their manufacturing division. | 你们的客户就要关掉他们的生产部门 |
[17:24] | And we can get back to the business of running | 然后我们就可以开始 |
[17:26] | this firm under the direction of Robert Zane. | 在罗伯特·赞恩的指导下经营律所了 |
[17:29] | You two have a nice– | 祝你们俩今天过得… |
[17:30] | You know I don’t mean it. | 你们知道我没那个意思 |
[17:36] | No. | 不要 |
[17:37] | – What do you mean, no? – I mean this is my fight. | -什么叫不要 -这是我的战斗 |
[17:39] | You asked me to fight it, | 你叫我参与作战 |
[17:40] | and I’m not gonna let you step into the middle of round two. | 而我不会让你在第二回合中途插足 |
[17:42] | It may be the middle of round two, | 现在或许是第二回合中途 |
[17:44] | but you just told me you got a first round knock-out. | 但你刚才告诉我 你在第一回合就赢了 |
[17:47] | Well, I was wrong. But I’m still in the ring, | 我错了 但我还没下场 |
[17:48] | my partnership’s on the line, and I’m not getting out. | 我的合伙人名头岌岌可危 我不会退出的 |
[17:50] | – Then you better win. – Where you going? | -那你最好打赢 -你去哪里 |
[17:54] | To pick a fight in my own weight class. | 开始我这个重量级的战斗 |
[18:01] | Robert, how are you? Settling in all right? | 罗伯特 怎么样 安顿好了吗 |
[18:03] | Doing just fine, thanks for asking. | 一切顺利 多谢关心 |
[18:05] | What can I do for you? | 有什么事吗 |
[18:07] | I just dropped by to tell you I had | 我顺便过来告诉你 |
[18:08] | an interesting conversation with your girl, Sam. | 我刚和你的萨姆姑娘进行了场有趣的对话 |
[18:11] | She’s kicking your ass, isn’t she? | 她完胜了你 对吗 |
[18:13] | Not mine. Since neither of you | 不是我 因为你们俩 |
[18:14] | had the balls to invite me into the ring. | 都没胆量邀请我上场 |
[18:16] | Just like you didn’t invite me. | 你也没邀请我 |
[18:17] | And don’t give me any of this nonsense about we had a deal. | 而且别说什么我们有约之类的屁话了 |
[18:20] | Because you broke it just as fast as I did. | 在违约速度这方面 你我半斤八两 |
[18:22] | I did, but my issue isn’t | 没错 但我的问题 |
[18:23] | that she’s fighting your battles for you. | 不是她在替你作战 |
[18:25] | It’s that she walked into my office like | 而是她走进我的办公室 |
[18:27] | I wasn’t the managing partner of this firm. | 就像我不是这间律所的经营合伙人一样 |
[18:29] | And I didn’t like the way | 我也不喜欢 |
[18:30] | she introduced herself to me either. | 她向我自我介绍的方式 |
[18:32] | But that’s not what your issue is. | 但你的问题不在于此 |
[18:34] | You’re pissed. | 你生气 |
[18:35] | Because I didn’t get in the ring myself. | 是因为我没有亲自上场 |
[18:38] | Because if I’m not in there, you’re not in there. | 因为如果我不上场 你就不会上场 |
[18:39] | And you can’t stand not being in there. | 而你无法忍受在场外的感觉 |
[18:41] | Are you saying I always have to shoot? | 你是说我总是必须射门吗 |
[18:43] | Because I’m fine passing the ball. | 因为我也可以传球 |
[18:45] | I’m talking about being a coach. | 我是说做教练 |
[18:46] | And if you were one, you wouldn’t mind | 如果你是一名教练 你就不会介意 |
[18:48] | just sitting back and watching Samantha Wheeler | 坐在场下 看着萨曼莎·惠勒 |
[18:50] | eat your boy for breakfast. | 把你的人打得落花流水 |
[18:52] | And if you think that’s gonna happen, | 要是你认为事情会如此进展 |
[18:53] | you don’t know Alex Williams. | 那是你还不了解亚历克斯·威廉姆斯 |
[18:54] | Oh, I know that’s what’s gonna happen. | 我当然知道事情会这样进展 |
[18:57] | And the person you don’t know is Harvey Specter. | 你不了解的人是哈维·斯佩克特 |
[18:59] | I know myself just fine. | 我很了解自己 |
[19:00] | Then tell me you’ll stay the hell out of this. | 那就告诉我你不会掺和这事 |
[19:02] | No problem, I just gave Alex my word I’d stay out. | 没问题 我刚向亚历克斯保证我不会插手 |
[19:05] | And what kind of managing partner would I be | 要是无法履行自己的承诺 |
[19:06] | if I couldn’t live up to my word. | 我还算什么经营合伙人 |
[19:08] | Because, just so we’re clear, Robert, | 因为 跟你说清楚 罗伯特 |
[19:09] | – I am managing partner. – Whatever you say, Harvey. | -我是经营合伙人 -随你怎么说 哈维 |
[19:12] | But remember, you didn’t only | 但是记住 你做出承诺的对象 |
[19:14] | give your word to Alex Williams anymore. | 不再只有亚历克斯·威廉姆斯 |
[19:16] | You just gave your word to me. | 你还对我做出了承诺 |
[19:27] | And the next thing I knew… | 后来我就发现… |
[19:30] | There were peas everywhere! | 豌豆弄得到处都是 |
[19:32] | On me, on the wall, | 我身上 墙上 |
[19:34] | everywhere but in his mouth. | 到处都是 就是没进他嘴里 |
[19:36] | – I’m telling you, it was– – Disgusting. | -我告诉你 那真是… -好恶心 |
[19:40] | I was gonna say adorable, but… | 我本来想说可爱的 但是… |
[19:43] | Anyway, this is nice. | 总之 真不错 |
[19:45] | Katrina, I’m glad you suggested lunch. | 卡特里娜 我很高兴你邀我吃午餐 |
[19:47] | So tell me, Brian. | 那布莱恩 你跟我说说 |
[19:50] | Do you think that having a baby | 你觉得有了孩子这件事 |
[19:52] | has made you more productive in the workplace? | 能让你在律所完成更多的工作吗 |
[19:54] | – Are you kidding me? – I see. | -你在开玩笑吗 -我明白了 |
[19:56] | Then what about your efficiency? | 那你的效率怎么样 |
[19:58] | I understand children sometimes necessitate | 我知道孩子有时会迫使 |
[20:00] | better time management skills. | 一个人提高时间管理能力 |
[20:02] | For my wife, maybe. But to tell you the truth, | 对我妻子来说可能是这样 但我告诉你 |
[20:03] | I’m all over the place. | 我已经焦头烂额了 |
[20:05] | Then what would you say | 那你觉得你在哪方面 |
[20:06] | are the areas where you do excel? | 做得比较好呢 |
[20:08] | – With my son? – No, Brian. At work. | -关于照顾孩子吗 -不 我指工作 |
[20:12] | Oh, my God. Am I getting fired? | 老天 我要被炒了吗 |
[20:13] | What? No. | 什么 没有 |
[20:15] | We were just talking about babies, | 我们就是聊聊孩子 |
[20:16] | and it got me thinking– | 这让我想到 |
[20:18] | About my time management skills? | 我的时间管理能力吗 |
[20:20] | Katrina, don’t lie to me. I’ve heard the rumors. | 卡特里娜 别瞒我了 我听到风声了 |
[20:22] | Am I one of the ones being let go from the merger? | 我是这次合并中要被辞掉的员工之一吧 |
[20:25] | You heard right, Brian. We are making some cuts. | 没错 布莱恩 我们是在精简人员 |
[20:27] | But you should know the decisions were based | 但你要知道这是根据 |
[20:29] | on completely objective data. | 完全客观的数据所做出的决定 |
[20:31] | Completely objective? | 完全客观的吗 |
[20:33] | I work my ass off for this firm. | 我为这家律所尽心尽力 |
[20:34] | Well, your numbers certainly don’t show that. | 你的数据可不是这么说的 |
[20:36] | – My numbers? – Yes, your numbers. | -我的数据 -对 |
[20:37] | The thing that indicates how hard you work. | 反映你工作努力程度的数据 |
[20:39] | I don’t believe this. | 我不相信 |
[20:41] | You know what, maybe people were right about you. | 也许人们关于你的评价是对的 |
[20:43] | What does that mean? | 那是什么意思 |
[20:44] | It means they say you’re cold | 他们说你冷酷 |
[20:46] | and all you care about is your job. | 你只关心你的工作 |
[20:48] | Well, maybe they’re right. Maybe you are a robot. | 或许他们说得对 你可能就是个机器人 |
[20:50] | How dare you say that to me. | 你怎么敢这么说我 |
[20:52] | How dare I say that to you? | 我怎么不敢 |
[20:53] | I’ve been showing you pictures of my child | 我给你看了我孩子的照片 |
[20:56] | and the whole time you’ve just been waiting to fire me. | 但你却一直在伺机解雇我 |
[20:58] | What kind of person would do that? | 什么样的人才能做出这种事 |
[20:59] | You know what, the kind of person | 你知道吗 我一直在努力 |
[21:02] | who’s been trying to figure out how to save your job. | 找出一个保住你工作的方法 |
[21:06] | But I haven’t heard one thing that I can use | 但我完全没找到任何理由 |
[21:08] | to justify keeping you. | 让我留住你 |
[21:09] | So as far as I’m concerned, you’re fired. | 所以我决定 你被解雇了 |
[21:19] | Louis, Can I talk to you for second? | 路易 能和你谈谈吗 |
[21:21] | Course, what do you need? | 当然 怎么了 |
[21:22] | I have something I want to run by you. | 有件事我想让你做 |
[21:24] | I need to know if you think it’ll work. | 我想先听听你的意见 |
[21:25] | What’s going on? | 发生了什么 |
[21:26] | Harvey’s trying to get Zane’s client | 哈维想让赞恩的客户 |
[21:27] | to drop their division, not ours. | 去精简部门 而不是我们的 |
[21:28] | And Zane’s doing the same thing. | 赞恩也在这么做 |
[21:29] | Let me guess,you’re on team Harvey. | 我猜你站在哈维这一边 |
[21:32] | – Exactly. – What’s your plan? | -没错 -你有什么计划 |
[21:49] | I love it. | 我很喜欢 |
[21:50] | You don’t think there’s an end around for her with an injunction? | 你觉得这不会让她带着禁止令过来吗 |
[21:52] | The only way she could do that if she filed an ex-parte motion. | 除非她申请单方面禁令 |
[21:54] | Which she can’t do retroactively. | 但到时候已经没有追溯效力了 |
[21:55] | Alex, this is brilliant. | 亚历克斯 这棒极了 |
[21:57] | Do you need help filing it? | 需要我帮忙申请吗 |
[21:59] | No, Louis. I already did. | 不 路易 我已经申请了 |
[22:00] | I was checking to make sure I didn’t miss anything. | 我只是确保没有遗漏事项 |
[22:03] | Hey, Alex. | 亚历克斯 |
[22:05] | Harvey told me that you thought I was still mad at you | 哈维和我说 你觉得我还在生你的气 |
[22:07] | because I didn’t come to you about Zane. | 因为我没有告诉你赞恩的事 |
[22:09] | That’s not true. As far as I’m concerned, | 但其实不是 在我看来 |
[22:11] | you are on our side. You always will be. | 你是我们这边的 一直都是 |
[22:13] | When the time comes, I’ll back you as name partner. | 时机到时 我会支持你做冠名合伙人 |
[22:17] | I appreciate that, Louis. | 非常感谢 路易 |
[22:19] | Go get ’em. | 去拿下他们 |
[22:29] | Hey, Brian, I was just about to come– | 布莱恩 我正想去 |
[22:31] | – See me? Bullshit. – What do you mean bullshit? | -找我吗 都是狗屁 -这话什么意思 |
[22:33] | I mean there’s no way you were gonna come see me | 我是说你根本不会去找我 |
[22:35] | because you didn’t even have the balls to fire me to my face. | 因为你连当面解雇我都不敢 |
[22:38] | What? Brian, nobody’s firing you. | 什么 布莱恩 没人要解雇你 |
[22:40] | You’re gonna look me in the eye | 那你看着我 |
[22:41] | and tell me that Katrina didn’t run her numbers | 告诉我 卡特里娜没有用她的那堆数据 |
[22:43] | and determine that I don’t work hard enough to serve this firm? | 来断定我在律所工作不够努力 |
[22:46] | – No, that’s not– – You know what? | – 不 那不是 -你知道吗 |
[22:47] | If you’d at least come and told me yourself, | 起码你可以亲自告诉我 |
[22:49] | but why should I expect something like that? | 但我何必指望你那么做呢 |
[22:51] | After all, it’s not like you ever held my newborn son. | 毕竟 你抱过我刚出生的孩子也算不上什么 |
[22:54] | Brian, please wait. | 布莱恩 拜托你等一下 |
[22:57] | I told Katrina to find a way to keep you | 我让卡特里娜想办法保住你 |
[23:00] | because I believe you are more than worthy that you of serving this firm. | 因为你的价值远超过工作范畴 |
[23:04] | And I do care about you and that is the truth. | 而且我确实关心你 |
[23:07] | Yeah, well, maybe you did tell her all that, | 也许你的确和她这么说 |
[23:08] | but it didn’t stop her from firing me anyway. | 但和还是没能阻止她解雇我 |
[23:10] | – Brian– – You know what, Louis? | -布莱恩 -你知道吗 路易 |
[23:11] | If you need me, I’ll be spending the next two days | 如果你需要 之后两天我会把 |
[23:13] | getting my files in order. | 我的文件整理好 |
[23:15] | Because contrary to Katrina’s analysis, | 和卡特里娜的分析恰恰相反 |
[23:17] | I care about my clients, and I’m a damn good lawyer. | 我关心我的客户 而且我是个超棒的律师 |
[23:31] | Louis, before you say– | 路易 在你开口前 |
[23:32] | What the fuck is your problem? | 你到底有什么毛病 |
[23:34] | I gave you an order and you blatantly ignored me. | 你公然藐视我给你的命令 |
[23:36] | I didn’t ignore you. | 我没有 |
[23:37] | Then what do you call firing Brian | 那你为什么还要解雇布莱恩 |
[23:39] | when I specifically told you not to? | 我明确地说过不要解雇他 |
[23:41] | Listen to me, I tried not to fire him. | 听我说 我是想保住他 |
[23:43] | – I took him to lunch, and we– – Oh, good, lunch. | -我约他一起吃午餐 -午餐 真棒 |
[23:45] | I hope the chicken potpie was delicious. | 我希望鸡肉派很好吃 |
[23:47] | You still didn’t do what I asked. | 但你依旧没照我说的做 |
[23:48] | You know what? | 你知道吗 |
[23:50] | I did do what you originally asked. | 我确实做了你原先要求的事 |
[23:52] | To objectively evaluate the associates. | 去客观地评价各位助理律师 |
[23:54] | Not coddle your teacher’s pet. | 而非关照你的”老师宠儿” |
[23:55] | Screw what I originally asked. | 我才不管我原先要你做什么 |
[23:57] | I told you to rejigger the metrics to keep a valued associate. | 我让你更改标准以留下一名有价值的律师 |
[24:00] | You think fudging the numbers wasn’t the first thing I tried? | 你以为我最开始没有尝试过捏造数据吗 |
[24:03] | It didn’t work. | 这不管用 |
[24:04] | – He always came out too low. – I don’t care. | -他的分数总是太低 -我不在乎 |
[24:06] | Well, I do. Because I care about this firm. | 可我在乎 因为我关心这家律所 |
[24:09] | And what kind of message does rejiggering the metrics | 更改标准这件事会让那些 |
[24:11] | send to the associates who work 100 hours a week, | 一周工作上百小时的助理律师们怎么想 |
[24:14] | who eat dinner here every night, | 他们每晚都是在律所吃的晚饭 |
[24:16] | who don’t even go on dates, let alone have a baby. | 他们甚至不去约会 更别说生孩子 |
[24:19] | I don’t care what message it sends, Katrina. | 我不管他们会怎么想 卡特里娜 |
[24:22] | Brian is staying. | 布莱恩必须留下 |
[24:23] | Then you figure out who goes instead. | 那你自己去找替他丢饭碗的人 |
[24:26] | Because I’m not doing something I don’t believe in. | 因为我不会做我不相信的事 |
[24:28] | No, Katrina. | 不 卡特里娜 |
[24:28] | I told you once and I’m telling you again. | 我告诉过你一次 今日我再说一次 |
[24:31] | You asked for this job; you are doing it. | 是你要求的这份工作 那就你来做 |
[24:47] | Harvey. | 哈维 |
[24:48] | You need to take a look at this. | 你得看一眼这个 |
[24:49] | – What is it? – It just came in. | -是什么 -刚来的案子 |
[24:51] | It’s a proposed contract of sale for Clavatin’s– | 这是一份销售合同草案 是给克拉维坦的 |
[24:53] | Manufacturing division. Son of a bitch. | 生产部门 他奶奶的 |
[24:55] | I need to find out where judge Thomas is and I need to find out now. | 我要知道托马斯法官在哪儿 立刻马上 |
[24:59] | Harvey, you can’t do this without Alex. | 哈维 你不能绕过亚历克斯行事 |
[25:00] | It’s his case. | 这是他的案子 |
[25:01] | Then why the hell are you the one telling me this and not him? | 那为什么告诉我这事的是你不是他呢 |
[25:04] | Because he’s probably out there fighting | 因为他很可能正在外面奋斗 |
[25:05] | because he thinks he can still win. | 因为他认为他还能赢 |
[25:07] | Well, he’s got one thing right. | 有一件事他想对了 |
[25:08] | We can still win. But he can’t. | 我们确实还能赢 但他不行 |
[25:10] | And if you cut him out, you won’t win either. | 你现在让他出局 你也赢不了 |
[25:12] | You think I can’t take Samantha Wheeler? | 你觉得我打不赢萨曼莎·惠勒吗 |
[25:13] | I think you said you’d stay out of it. | 我是觉得你好像说过不会插手此事 |
[25:15] | And if you take over now without even telling Alex, | 而且如果你现在接手 还不通知亚历克斯 |
[25:18] | then you can find out where Judge Thomas is yourself. | 那你就自己去找托马斯法官吧 |
[25:20] | Because I’m not gonna help you tell your own team | 因为我才不要替你通知你的队友 |
[25:22] | that you’ll cut them out just to get the better of Samantha Wheeler. | 你要取代他们 就为了战胜萨曼莎·惠勒 |
[25:25] | Look, you want to tell Alex what I’m doing? | 你想告诉亚历克斯我要做什么是吧 |
[25:27] | Go ahead. I am not about to sit on the sidelines and watch us lose. | 尽管去说 我才不要袖手旁观看我们败诉 |
[25:33] | Harvey. | 哈维 |
[25:36] | I’m only gonna ask you this once. | 我只问你这一次 |
[25:41] | Is there a chance you’re that overreacting to Mike having just left? | 有没有可能是你对迈克离开这事反应过度 |
[25:44] | I don’t know, Donna. | 我不知道 唐娜 |
[25:45] | But to tell you the truth, I don’t care. | 但实话告诉你吧 我不在乎 |
[25:50] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[25:52] | You win. | 你赢了 |
[25:55] | I’ll find out where Judge Thomas is. | 我去找托马斯法官在哪儿 |
[26:09] | Heavy is the head. | 欲戴王冠啊 |
[26:12] | Especially when what has to be done is unjust. | 尤其是不得不做的事有失公允时 |
[26:15] | You still don’t think that Brian | 你还是认为布莱恩 |
[26:16] | deserves to stay, do you? | 不配留下来 是不是 |
[26:18] | No, I don’t. | 确实如此 |
[26:19] | And when I told Louis that | 而当我告诉路易 |
[26:20] | it would send the wrong kind of message to the people | 这么做会让有些人心里有想法 |
[26:22] | who work their asses off for this firm a lot more than Brian, | 他们为律所的拼命程度远超布莱恩时 |
[26:26] | he said he didn’t give a shit. | 他说他不在乎 |
[26:29] | I see. | 我懂了 |
[26:30] | And what Louis didn’t understand was | 路易不明白的是 |
[26:32] | that the people you’re talking about weren’t just people. | 你口中的人们可不是随便什么人 |
[26:35] | – It was you. – How could you– | -而是你自己 -你怎么能 |
[26:37] | Because I know what it’s like to give everything | 因为我知道倾尽全力却仍被当做理所当然 |
[26:39] | and still be taken for granted. | 是什么感受 |
[26:41] | And for what it’s worth, | 不论如何 |
[26:41] | I think Louis was wrong to say what he did. | 我认为路易那么说是错的 |
[26:45] | But he isn’t wrong about Brian. | 但布莱恩的事他可没错 |
[26:48] | – Well, I don’t agree. – I understand that. | -可我不同意 -我理解 |
[26:50] | Probably has something to do with why you told Harvey | 这可能和去年你告诉哈维 |
[26:51] | that I shouldn’t be made partner last year. | 我不该成为合伙人的原因有关吧 |
[26:53] | – You knew about that? – I do now. | -你知道这事 -现在知道了 |
[26:57] | – Donna, it wasn’t– – Tell me. | -唐娜 那不是… -告诉我 |
[26:58] | You ran all the numbers for Louis, | 你为路易管理所有的数据 |
[27:00] | who are the top five most efficient associates? | 前五名最有效率的助理律师都是谁 |
[27:03] | Jesse, Sarah, Ryan, Carl, and Gina. | 杰西 莎拉 莱恩 卡尔 吉娜 |
[27:08] | – Where does Brian sit? – Right here. | -布莱恩坐哪儿 -就这里 |
[27:10] | Right here in the center of those five people? | 就在这五人正中间吗 |
[27:13] | Do you think that’s a coincidence? | 你觉得这是巧合吗 |
[27:17] | – I had– – Katrina. | -我从… -卡特里娜 |
[27:18] | What you have yet to learn is that there are players | 有件事你要明白 有些人 |
[27:20] | who never put up great stats, but you keep them around | 从不显山露水 但大家都需要这样的人在 |
[27:23] | because they make the people around them better. | 因为他们会让周围的人变得更好 |
[27:26] | Are you talking about Brian or you? | 你说的是布莱恩还是你 |
[27:28] | I’m talking about both. | 两者都有 |
[27:31] | So what do I do? | 那我该怎么办 |
[27:32] | You do what you said you’d do. | 该怎么办就怎么办 |
[27:34] | You evaluate the associates. | 你评估各位律师 |
[27:36] | Only this time, do it better. | 不过这一次 做得再好一点 |
[27:42] | I’m sorry, Donna. | 对不起 唐娜 |
[27:47] | I shouldn’t have gone to Harvey. | 我不该去找哈维的 |
[27:48] | It’s okay, Katrina. | 没事 卡特里娜 |
[27:51] | COO is where I’m meant to be. | 首席运营官的位置本就该由我来坐 |
[27:59] | – Harvey. – Alex, | -哈维 -亚历克斯 |
[28:00] | – before you say anything– – No, you gave me your word | -在你开口之前 -不 你保证过 |
[28:03] | that you were gonna stay out of this. | 你不会插手此事的 |
[28:04] | The next thing I know, you’re having a meeting | 结果刚一转头 你就在我不在场的情况下 |
[28:06] | about my client without me. | 跟我的客户会面 |
[28:07] | First of all, it’s my client. | 首先 那是我的客户 |
[28:08] | And it’s my case. | 可这是我的案子 |
[28:09] | Which you were about to lose. | 而你就要输了 |
[28:10] | – It was a setback. – Bullshit. | -只是受挫而已 -胡扯 |
[28:12] | You were getting your ass kicked. | 你让人耍得团团转 |
[28:13] | – And don’t tell me you weren’t. – God damn it, Harvey. | -别告诉我情况不是这样 -该死 哈维 |
[28:15] | Listen to me, Alex. This woman is no joke. | 听我说亚历克斯 这女人可不是开玩笑的 |
[28:17] | You saying I am? | 你是说我是个玩笑吗 |
[28:19] | I’m saying I just met with Judge Thomas, | 我的意思是我刚见过托马斯法官 |
[28:21] | so I know exactly what it’s gonna take to beat her. | 所以我非常清楚如何击败她 |
[28:24] | So the hell what? I can play dirty just as well as you. | 所以呢 你可以玩阴的我也可以啊 |
[28:27] | Maybe you can, but I gave you a promise | 你或许可以 但是我承诺过 |
[28:29] | to put your name on the wall. | 我会让你成为冠名合伙人 |
[28:30] | And if you play dirty to beat Robert Zane’s right hand, | 但如果你为了战胜罗伯特·赞恩的副手耍花招 |
[28:33] | – it isn’t gonna happen. – You know what I think? | -那你别想了 -你知道我在想什么吗 |
[28:35] | That sounds like some bullshit by a guy | 我在想这听起来就像一个刚愎自用 |
[28:37] | who’s just gonna do what he wants like he always does. | 一意孤行的家伙扯出来的鬼话 |
[28:39] | What I want, Alex, is to stay managing partner. | 亚历克斯 我想要的是继续当经营合伙人 |
[28:42] | This is the way that’s gonna happen. | 事情的发展也将如我所愿 |
[28:43] | – Harvey, I– – That’s enough. | -哈维 我 -够了 |
[28:45] | I’m taking it from here. | 接下来由我接管 |
[28:47] | It’s done. | 没得商量 |
[29:01] | Katrina, I’ve got a lot on my plate this morning. | 卡特里娜 我今早吃了很多 |
[29:03] | So if you don’t mind– | 所以 如果你不介意的话 |
[29:04] | You just want your morning coffee, I know. | 你只想喝杯咖啡 我明白 |
[29:08] | Was that part of your efficiency evaluations? | 这也是你绩效评估的一部分吗 |
[29:10] | People’s coffee consumption? | 员工的咖啡摄入量 |
[29:12] | Look, Brian, I was wrong about you. | 听着 布莱恩 我错了 |
[29:15] | I understand what you do for the firm | 我明白你为公司做过什么 |
[29:17] | and I’m sorry for the things I said. | 我很抱歉我说了那些话 |
[29:20] | Well, I appreciate that, but if you’re just saying this | 我欣赏你的坦诚 但如果你这么说 |
[29:23] | -because Louis told you to– – No, I’m not. | -只是因为路易让你这么说 -我不是 |
[29:25] | And he didn’t. | 而且他也没有命令我 |
[29:29] | Then why are you saying it? | 那你为什么要说这些 |
[29:31] | Because I took this assignment hoping | 因为我接这个任务 |
[29:32] | that it would help me grow. | 是希望它能帮助我成长 |
[29:34] | And if I can’t ask for help when I need it, | 但如果我需要帮忙的时候都不敢求助的话 |
[29:36] | then I have even more growing to do than I thought. | 那我需要成长的地方比我想的还要多 |
[29:40] | What do you mean ask for help? | 你说的求助是指什么 |
[29:41] | My evaluation of the associates was flawed. | 我对助理律师们进行的考核是有缺陷的 |
[29:43] | It didn’t take into account intangibles, and… | 我没有考虑到一些不确定因素 所以 |
[29:46] | I was hoping you could help me fix that. | 我希望你能帮我解决这个问题 |
[29:48] | You mean you want me to help you figure out | 你的意思是 你希望我来帮你弄清楚 |
[29:50] | who to fire instead of me. | 谁来替我丢工作 |
[29:52] | No, Brian, that’s not what I meant. | 不 布莱恩 我不是那个意思 |
[29:53] | Yes, it is. And I’m sure firing | 你就是 而且我确信 |
[29:55] | my fellow associates is a value to the firm, | 炒掉我的同事们对律所十分有价值 |
[29:57] | but I’m not gonna help you do it. | 但我不会帮你的 |
[30:07] | – What the hell did you do? – I didn’t do anything. | -你到底做了些什么 -我什么也没做 |
[30:10] | Well, except for the thing that I did. | 除了我做了的事之外 |
[30:12] | You mean going to Judge Thomas | 你指去找托马斯法官 |
[30:13] | and having him allow fabricated testimony | 让他听取一些编造的伪证 |
[30:15] | to overrule my motion. | 以驳回我的动议 |
[30:17] | It wasn’t fabricated, but it sure as hell was allowed. | 证词不是编造的 不过被听取了是真的 |
[30:20] | And how exactly did you get him to do that? | 你是怎么做到让他听信的 |
[30:21] | You know how I did it, or you don’t. | 你要么知道我怎么做到的 要么不知道 |
[30:24] | And if you don’t, well, I’m not about | 而如果你不知道的话 我也不打算 |
[30:26] | to open up my playbook and show you. | 把我的战术告诉你 |
[30:27] | Well, Mr. Slick, I don’t give a shit | 行啊 油嘴滑舌先生 我他妈才不管 |
[30:29] | how you did it. I’m going to undo it | 你怎么做到的 因为我会撤销它 |
[30:31] | because this is isn’t over. | 因为这案子还没完 |
[30:32] | – Yes, it is. – We’ll see about that. | -不 它已经完了 -我们等着瞧 |
[30:34] | No, we won’t. | 不 我们不用瞧 |
[30:35] | Because I’m giving you a direct order. | 因为我要给你一道直接命令 |
[30:37] | You are not to take any action | 我命令你不能采取任何行动 |
[30:39] | to affect the outcome of this situation. | 以改变这次事件的结果 |
[30:41] | And you can give me all the orders you want. | 随你怎么给我命令 |
[30:43] | The only person I answer to is Robert Zane. | 我只听罗伯特·赞恩的命令 |
[30:46] | So if you want to stop what I’m about to do, | 所以如果你想阻止我的话 |
[30:48] | you better talk to him before I god damn do it. | 最好在我动手之前去找他谈 |
[30:51] | – Don’t you walk away from me. – Kiss my ass. | -你居然敢就这么走开 -吃屎去吧 |
[30:58] | All right, Robert. I have been patient, | 好了 罗伯特 我已经很有耐心了 |
[31:00] | but it’s over, and I’ve won. | 但是事情已经了结了 而且我赢了 |
[31:02] | Call off the dogs. | 召回你的走狗吧 |
[31:03] | What the hell did you just say to me? | 你刚刚跟我说什么 |
[31:04] | I said call off the dogs. I’m not gonna have someone | 我说召回你的走狗 我不希望自己的律所里 |
[31:06] | inside my own firm who doesn’t know when she’s lost. | 有人连自己败局已定都看不出来 |
[31:09] | The only one in here who doesn’t know that they’ve lost is you. | 这里唯一看不出来自己败局已定的人是你 |
[31:12] | I didn’t lose shit. | 我什么都没败 |
[31:14] | And if you think I might, why don’t you pick up the phone | 如果你觉得我可能会失败的话 |
[31:15] | and call Judge Thomas right now? | 你为什么不现在给托马斯法官打个电话呢 |
[31:17] | I’m not talking about Judge Thomas. | 我说的不是托马斯法官 |
[31:18] | Then what the hell are you talking about? | 那你说的是什么 |
[31:20] | I’m talking about the fact that you stood right here | 我说的是你曾在这里 |
[31:21] | and gave your word that you would stay out of this thing. | 信誓旦旦地说你不会掺和这件事 |
[31:24] | And not only did you break it, | 现在你不但背弃了诺言 |
[31:25] | now you’re in here trying to drag me into it. | 甚至还想让我一起掺和进去 |
[31:29] | Nothing to say? That’s right. | 没话说了 那就对了 |
[31:30] | You may have won the battle, but you lost the goddamn war. | 也许你赢了场战役 但是你输了战争 |
[31:33] | Because you just showed this entire firm | 因为你刚刚向整个律所展示了 |
[31:35] | only one of us is managing partner material. | 我们中只有一个是块当经营合伙人的料 |
[31:37] | And it isn’t you. | 而那个人不是你 |
[31:39] | This is my firm, | 这是我的律所 |
[31:41] | and I’m not gonna let you take it. | 我不会让你夺走它 |
[31:43] | I’m gonna let you in on a little secret, Harvey. | 告诉你个秘密吧 哈维 |
[31:46] | I already have. | 它已经是我的了 |
[31:48] | Now, why don’t you let that rattle around | 现在我建议你消化一下 |
[31:50] | for a little while, and then come back | 等你准备好承认我说的话是对的了 |
[31:51] | when you’re ready to tell me that I’m right. | 再回来告诉我 |
[32:07] | You can come in, you know. | 你可以进来的 |
[32:08] | – Sorry, I didn’t mean to– – Yes, you did. | -抱歉 我不想 -不 你想 |
[32:10] | You just wanted to let me finish | 你只是想让我 |
[32:11] | whatever I was in the middle of. | 把手头的工作做完 |
[32:13] | Not bad. | 不错嘛 |
[32:15] | – Thank you. – You’re welcome. | -谢谢 -不客气 |
[32:16] | No, I mean, thanks for sticking up for me with Katrina. | 不 我是谢谢你在卡特里娜面前替我说话 |
[32:19] | – You figured it out. – I did. | -你发现了 -没错 |
[32:23] | I was right about you. | 我没看错你 |
[32:25] | Aren’t you right about everybody? | 你难道不是从来没看错过人吗 |
[32:26] | Yeah, pretty much. | 嗯 基本上是吧 |
[32:29] | And now I have something else to be right about. | 现在还有一件事我也没看错 |
[32:33] | Katrina needs your help. | 卡特里娜需要你的帮助 |
[32:35] | Maybe she does, but if I’d thought | 也许她需要 但是一想到 |
[32:36] | about the fact that me staying would mean | 我继续留在律所意味着 |
[32:38] | someone I care about might get fired… | 我在乎的人可能会被解雇… |
[32:41] | I wouldn’t have gone to Louis in the first place. | 我就不会去找路易了 |
[32:43] | And that, right there, is the reason we were right to keep you. | 这恰恰证明了我们留下你是个正确决定 |
[32:45] | And as I see it… | 在我看来 |
[32:48] | You can either help Katrina make the right decision, | 你要么帮卡特里娜做出正确的决定 |
[32:50] | or live with the fact that she might make the wrong one. | 要么就得忍受她可能做出的错误决定 |
[32:53] | Like she almost did with you. | 就像她差点炒了你一样 |
[33:11] | Harvey, what can I do for you? | 哈维 我能为你做些什么 |
[33:12] | I’ll tell you what you should have done for me. | 我来告诉你 你本该为我做什么 |
[33:14] | Stop me from taking the case from Alex. | 阻止我从亚历克斯那里抢走这桩案子 |
[33:16] | And if you recall, that’s what I tried to do. | 你回想一下 我当时就是这么做的 |
[33:18] | And then you changed your mind. | 但后来你又改了主意 |
[33:19] | Because I listened to you. | 因为我听了你的话 |
[33:20] | Oh, well, you picked a hell of a time to start doing that | 你这话听的可真是时候 |
[33:22] | because Zane set me up. | 因为赞恩给我下了套 |
[33:24] | I don’t care what Zane did, | 我才不管赞恩做了什么 |
[33:25] | you went after her because it’s who you are. | 你去找她斗 是因为你本性如此 |
[33:27] | And you’re supposed to be saving me from myself. | 但你应该救我 避免我跳进自己挖的坑 |
[33:29] | Which is exactly what I did. | 我就是这么做的 |
[33:31] | How the hell do you figure that? | 你怎么会这么想 |
[33:32] | Harvey, Mike left. | 哈维 迈克走了 |
[33:34] | What does that have to do with this? | 迈克走了和这有什么关系 |
[33:35] | It has everything to do with this. | 千丝万缕 |
[33:36] | Because the reason he left is because | 因为迈克离开的原因就在于 |
[33:38] | he finally came to terms with who he is. | 他终于开始接受真实的自己 |
[33:42] | And now that he’s gone, | 现在他走了 |
[33:43] | who you are is a man who wants back in the game. | 而你 是个想重回赛场的人 |
[33:46] | Don’t you see, you’ve been to the top of the mountain. | 难道你还不明白 你已经到达山顶了 |
[33:49] | You’ve proved you can do it, | 你已经证明了自己可以做到 |
[33:50] | and you may not want to admit it, but… | 也许你不想承认 但是 |
[33:54] | you’re getting tired of just sitting up there, | 你已经厌倦仅仅待在山顶 |
[33:55] | enjoying the view. | 欣赏美景 |
[33:58] | Donna, how’s it gonna look | 唐娜 如果我往山下走 |
[33:59] | to the rest of the world if I step down? | 别人会怎么想 |
[34:02] | I’ll tell you how. | 我来告诉你他们会怎么想 |
[34:03] | Like no other firm can touch us. | 我们的成就 其他律所将望尘莫及 |
[34:05] | Not with you and Robert doing what everybody knows | 并不是因为你将和罗伯特做那些众所周知 |
[34:07] | you were meant to do. | 你们该做的事 |
[34:10] | And by that… | 说这些话… |
[34:13] | I mean pulling off the kind of shit | 我指的是我们将能做到那些 |
[34:14] | that only Harvey Specter can do. | 只有哈维·斯佩克特才能做到的事 |
[34:31] | Katrina. | 卡特里娜 |
[34:33] | – You wanted to see me? – Yes. | -你找我 -是的 |
[34:35] | Bridget, please sit down. | 布里奇特 请坐 |
[34:45] | Am I getting fired? | 我要被开除了吗 |
[34:47] | Yes. I’m afraid you are. | 是的 恐怕是的 |
[34:49] | Katrina, I know we merged, | 卡特里娜 我知道我们合并了 |
[34:51] | but I have a ton of student debt. | 但我有很大一笔学生贷款要还 |
[34:54] | My landlord just raised my rent, and… | 我的房东刚涨了租金 而且 |
[34:59] | I promised to pay for my nephew’s daycare | 我还答应要付我侄子的日托费 |
[35:02] | so my sister could go back to school. | 好让我姐姐回学校读书 |
[35:05] | Please. | 求求你了 |
[35:07] | There’s got to be something I can do | 我一定还能做些什么 |
[35:08] | to get a second chance. | 去争取第二次机会 |
[35:14] | I’m sorry, Bridget, | 抱歉 布里奇特 |
[35:16] | but the decision’s already been made. | 但是我们已经做好决定了 |
[35:21] | I do wish you the best of luck. | 祝你好运 |
[35:45] | You know, life was simpler when this was my office. | 当这里还是我的办公室时 生活要简单多了 |
[35:48] | As I understand, when you were in this office | 就我所知 你在这间办公室那会儿 |
[35:50] | you almost went to prison for Mike Ross. | 差点为了迈克·罗斯进监狱 |
[35:54] | I don’t see what was simpler about that. | 我看不出这种生活哪里更简单 |
[35:57] | Yeah, you do. | 不 你看得出 |
[36:00] | Robert, you said that I should come back | 罗伯特 你说如果我愿意承认 |
[36:02] | when I was ready to admit that you were right. | 你是对的 我就应该回来 |
[36:06] | Well, I’m back. | 现在我回来了 |
[36:09] | Takes a big man to admit that, Harvey. | 要承认这点不容易 哈维 |
[36:13] | I appreciate it. | 我很感激 |
[36:15] | You’re not gonna try to hug me, are you? | 你不会是想给我一个拥抱吧 |
[36:16] | I don’t know what goes on between you and Louis, | 我不知道你和路易什么关系 |
[36:18] | but I’ll pass. | 但我就算了 |
[36:21] | Then I guess this is the part where I make | 我猜接下来就该我 |
[36:24] | my first humble request to my fearless leader. | 向我无所畏惧的领导提出卑微的请求了 |
[36:28] | That took about two seconds. | 才两秒就要提要求了 |
[36:30] | Let’s hear it. | 说说看 |
[36:32] | My office. | 我的办公室 |
[36:35] | – What about it? – I want it back. | -怎么了 -我想要回我的办公室 |
[36:40] | In that case, your fearless leader | 这样的话 你无所畏惧的领导 |
[36:42] | is happy to comply. | 很乐意应允 |
[36:52] | What do you say we go out and grab those burgers? | 我们出去吃点汉堡 你觉得怎么样 |
[36:54] | Not tonight, but we will. | 今晚不行 以后有的是机会 |
[36:56] | I still have something I have to take care of. | 我还有些事情要处理 |
[37:09] | – You were right. – About what? | -你说得对 -什么事说得对 |
[37:12] | It wasn’t easy firing those people. | 解雇人不是件容易的差事 |
[37:16] | – So it’s done? – It’s done. | -所以你的工作做完了 -做完了 |
[37:19] | You mind if I ask if Brian ended up | 你介不介意我问问 布莱恩最终 |
[37:21] | helping with this list? | 有没有帮你确定名单 |
[37:22] | He did. | 他帮了 |
[37:24] | And you were right about him too. | 你也没看错他 |
[37:26] | Well, as long as we’re handing out “You were rights,” | 既然我们在说我做对的那些事 |
[37:31] | You were right about being the one to let those people go. | 你去开除那些人也是对的 |
[37:33] | You mean it’s good for my growth. | 你是说这有助于我成长 |
[37:34] | No, I mean, I’m glad I didn’t have to do it. | 不 我是说很高兴我不用去做这些事 |
[37:36] | It sucks. | 这项工作太糟了 |
[37:41] | Hey, you want to grab a drink or something? | 你想喝一杯吗 |
[37:44] | – I’d love to. – Katrina. | -好啊 -卡特里娜 |
[37:47] | Robert. | 罗伯特 |
[37:48] | Give me a second with Red here, will you? | 让我和唐娜谈谈 好吗 |
[37:50] | Of course. I’ll be in my office. | 当然 我在我的办公室等你 |
[37:54] | Am I in trouble? | 我有麻烦了吗 |
[37:55] | Why, you do something wrong? | 为什么这么说 你做错事了 |
[37:57] | I guess that depends on what you mean by wrong. | 这取决于你怎么定义错事 |
[38:00] | I’m not here because you’re in trouble. | 我来不是找你麻烦的 |
[38:03] | I’m here because Harvey just asked me to swap offices | 我来是因为哈维刚刚找我换办公室 |
[38:06] | and then he told I was right. | 还承认说我是对的 |
[38:10] | And I doubt those words have ever come out | 依我看如果不是先跟你谈过 |
[38:11] | of that man’s mouth without first having a conversation with you. | 那家伙恐怕绝无可能说出这种话 |
[38:15] | You sound pretty sure of yourself for a man | 作为一个刚进来十分钟的人 |
[38:16] | who’s only been here about ten minutes. | 你好像很确定他是什么样的人 |
[38:18] | You think Rachel didn’t tell her father | 你以为瑞秋就不会跟她爸爸提起 |
[38:19] | about the mighty Donna Paulsen? | 非凡的唐娜·鲍尔森吗 |
[38:23] | Guess I never thought of her as much of a chatterbox. | 我从来没觉得她是爱八卦的人 |
[38:27] | Then again, she did tell me about the time that you took– | 不过 她确实跟我提起过你当年… |
[38:30] | Whatever it is. Just remember, | 不管是什么事 你要记住 |
[38:32] | once you say it out loud, | 一旦你说出来 |
[38:33] | we can never pretend that you don’t know it. | 我们就没办法假装你不知道了 |
[38:35] | And that, Robert Lucas Zane, | 而这 罗伯特·卢卡斯·赞恩 |
[38:37] | is why you are managing partner. | 就是你应该当经营合伙人的原因 |
[38:41] | – Good night, Donna. – Good night, Robert. | -晚安 唐娜 -晚安 罗伯特 |
[38:49] | You really have no concept of boundaries, do you? | 你真是不懂什么叫界限 |
[38:53] | You know, most people would be here | 换做普通人 这会儿肯定 |
[38:55] | to tell you they think we got off on the wrong foot. | 要跟你说我们第一次见面不顺利 |
[38:57] | But I’m here to say we got off on the right one, | 但我来是想说 我觉得很顺利 |
[39:00] | And what foot is that? | 哪里顺利了 |
[39:02] | The one where you and I discover | 因为我们发现了 |
[39:03] | we’re not so different after all. | 你我其实并没有那么不同 |
[39:04] | I don’t think I’m anything like you. | 我觉得我和你毫无相似之处 |
[39:06] | You are. Right down to the fact | 有的 比如我们都是 |
[39:07] | that we both grew up in Riverside, New York. | 在纽约 河滨市长大的 |
[39:10] | Which is why we’ll both always feel like outsiders | 所以不管我们赢得多少尊敬 |
[39:12] | no matter how much we earn their respect. | 在这里都不会有家乡的感觉 |
[39:15] | How do you know that about me? | 你怎么知道的 |
[39:16] | Because I do my homework. | 因为我会调查 |
[39:19] | Maybe we are alike. | 也许我们确实很像 |
[39:22] | That’s all I wanted to say. | 那么我想说的说完了 |
[39:23] | Except for one thing. | 除了一件事 |
[39:25] | You told Jeremy Stiller that you grew up on a farm, | 你跟杰里米·斯蒂勒说你在农场长大 |
[39:27] | and last I checked there aren’t any farms in Riverside. | 但据我所知 河滨市没有农场 |
[39:31] | And that little observation is the reason | 而能知道这一点恰恰证明 |
[39:33] | we got off on the right foot. | 我们对对方的第一印象不错 |
[39:35] | I don’t follow. | 我不懂 |
[39:36] | There are three things that happen | 我跟不同的人编造 |
[39:37] | when I tell different people different stories. | 我的不同经历时 有三种可能 |
[39:40] | One, they don’t recognize it. | 其一 他们听不出来错误 |
[39:42] | Which means I don’t need to worry about them. | 也就是说我不用在意他们 |
[39:44] | Two, they know I did it, | 其二 他们知道 |
[39:46] | but don’t have the balls to say anything. | 但是没有勇气指出来 |
[39:47] | Which means I need to worry about them even less. | 也就是说他们连第一种都不如 |
[39:50] | Or three, they call me on it. | 而其三 就是他们直接戳穿我 |
[39:53] | And believe me, three is my kind of guy. | 相信我 我只看得上这种人 |
[39:58] | Well, in that case, welcome to the firm. | 这样的话 欢迎你来我们律所 |
[40:01] | Glad to be here. | 我很荣幸 |
[40:03] | Oh, and by the way, I would have won. | 对了 我本来也能赢的 |
[40:21] | Alex. | 亚历克斯 |
[40:22] | It’s 10:00 at night; what are you doing? | 晚上十点了 你干什么呢 |
[40:24] | I’m going through every one of Samantha Wheeler’s files. | 我要看萨曼莎·惠勒的所有案件记录 |
[40:26] | ‘Cause a fight’s coming, and I’m gonna be ready. | 因为大战要来了 我要做准备 |
[40:29] | Okay, listen to me. | 听我说 |
[40:31] | Because, believe me, I’ve been where you are before. | 相信我 我曾经也这样过 |
[40:36] | Don’t start something that you’ll regret later. | 不要开始做一些你之后会后悔的事 |
[40:37] | Then what am I supposed to do? | 那我该怎么做 |
[40:39] | How ’bout you make a friend now | 不如现在交个朋友 |
[40:40] | that you’ll be happy about later. | 以后你会庆幸的 |
[40:42] | Are you crazy? She’s not looking to make friends. | 你疯了吗 她可不想交朋友 |
[40:44] | Maybe not, but, Alex, listen to me. | 也许 但亚历克斯 你听我说 |
[40:45] | In the long run, this woman is going nowhere. | 长远看来 这个女人也没戏 |
[40:48] | Got Harvey and me on your side. You get the trifecta, | 我和哈维都在你这边 你胜券在握 |
[40:50] | I don’t care what she does. Never gonna beat you again. | 不管她干什么 在你面前都没戏 |
[40:53] | Are you suggesting I kiss Robert Zane’s ass? | 你是建议我去拍罗伯特·赞恩的马屁吗 |
[40:55] | – ‘Cause I’m not gonna do that. – No, Alex. | -我可没这个打算 -不 亚历克斯 |
[40:57] | I’m just saying get to know the man. | 我只是说去了解了解他 |
[41:00] | And how exactly would you suggest I do that? | 你建议我怎么做 |
[41:02] | That’s up to you. I happen to know | 这要看你 我只是碰巧知道 |
[41:04] | the man plays golf. So do you. | 他打高尔夫 你也打 |
[41:06] | If it were up to me, I would start right there. | 要是换做我 就从这里入手 |
[41:25] | Make yourself at home. | 请自便 |
[41:27] | Don’t mind if I do. | 好啊 |
[41:30] | Well, as long as you’re here. | 既然你来了那我就说两句 |
[41:33] | You came through, like always. | 你做到了 一如既往 |
[41:35] | – Thanks, Samantha. – Like always. | -谢谢 萨曼莎 -一如既往 |
[41:37] | What happened to, “You let me down a time or two”? | 你不是说 我也让你失望过吗 |
[41:39] | Come on, you know I get like that sometimes. | 好了 你知道有时候我不会说话 |
[41:43] | What’s going on? Something on your mind? | 怎么了 你有心事 |
[41:45] | Yeah, there is. I did what you asked and | 是的 我完成了你的要求 |
[41:47] | – now I have something to ask. – What’s that? | -现在我有要求了 -什么要求 |
[41:49] | I don’t want to just be your Michael Clayton. | 我不想只当你的迈克尔·克莱顿 |
[41:52] | I want more. | 我想要更多 |
[41:54] | – I’m married. – Come on, Robert. | -可我已婚 -好了 罗伯特 |
[41:57] | You know what I want, and it’s time. | 你知道我想要什么 时机到了 |
[41:59] | Samantha, we’ve been over this. | 萨曼莎 我们谈过这件事的 |
[42:01] | You get name partner, and you’re not going to be able | 你当上冠名合伙人 就不能再像 |
[42:04] | to operate the way you always have. | 你以前那样行事了 |
[42:05] | You mean I won’t be able to clean up your messes. | 意思是我不能再帮你收拾烂摊子了 |
[42:07] | My messes aren’t the only ones you clean up. | 你收拾的可不只是我的烂摊子 |
[42:10] | I believe you spend half the time cleaning up your own. | 恐怕一半时间你都在收拾你自己的吧 |
[42:11] | Oh, is that what I spent the last few days doing? | 我这几天是在收拾我的烂摊子吗 |
[42:13] | – Samantha? – Robert, I want name partner. | -萨曼莎 -罗伯特 我要当冠名合伙人 |
[42:16] | And I want it before the year is out. | 今年之内就要当上 |
[42:18] | Or what? | 否则呢 |
[42:20] | Before the year is out, Robert. | 今年之内 罗伯特 |