时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:02] | As of this morning, we’re merging with Robert Zane. | 今早我们就要和罗伯特·赞恩律所合并了 |
[00:05] | When I came over, you said my name | 我当时来的时候 你说我 |
[00:06] | would be the one to go up next. | 会成为下一个冠名合伙人 |
[00:07] | You have my word. Your name goes up next. | 我向你保证 你会是下一个冠名合伙人 |
[00:09] | I threw away my diaphragm. | 我取掉了子宫帽 |
[00:11] | You’re pulling the goalie? | 你要撤掉”守门员”了 |
[00:12] | Yes, Louis, I am. | 是的 路易 是的 |
[00:14] | I need you to get Robert Zane’s biggest client | 我需要你去说服罗伯特·赞恩最大的客户 |
[00:16] | to sell their manufacturing division. | 让他们卖掉生产部门 |
[00:18] | This is going to determine who runs the firm. | 这件事会决定谁将真正掌管律所 |
[00:20] | I need you to come through for me on this one. | 我需要你帮我度过这个关卡 |
[00:22] | Your client is dropping their manufacturing division, | 你们的客户就要关掉他们的生产部门 |
[00:25] | and we can get back to the business of running this firm | 然后我们就可以开始 |
[00:27] | under the direction of Robert Zane. | 在罗伯特·赞恩的指导下经营律所了 |
[00:28] | You think I can’t take Samantha Wheeler? | 你觉得我打不赢萨曼莎·惠勒吗 |
[00:30] | I think you said you’d stay out of it, | 我是觉得你好像说过不会插手此事 |
[00:32] | and I’m not going to help you tell your own team | 我才不要替你通知你的队友 |
[00:34] | that you’ll cut them out | 你要取代他们 |
[00:34] | just to get the better of Samantha Wheeler. | 就为了战胜萨曼莎·惠勒 |
[00:36] | I did what you asked, and now I have something to ask. | 我完成了你的要求 现在我有要求了 |
[00:39] | – What’s that? – You know what I want. | -什么要求 -你知道我想要什么 |
[00:40] | – Samantha. – Robert, I want name partner, | -萨曼莎 -罗伯特 我要当冠名合伙人 |
[00:42] | and I want it before the year is out. | 今年之内就要当上 |
[00:44] | You said that I should come back | 你说如果我愿意承认 |
[00:46] | when I was ready to admit that you were right. | 你是对的 我就应该回来 |
[00:48] | Takes a big man to admit that, Harvey. | 要承认这点不容易 哈维 |
[00:50] | – My office. – What about it? | -我的办公室 -怎么了 |
[00:52] | I want it back. | 我想要回我的办公室 |
[00:53] | Your fearless leader is happy to comply. | 你无所畏惧的领导很乐意应允 |
[01:24] | – Sheila, what is all this? – A power breakfast. | -希拉 这是干嘛 -一顿”权力之宴” |
[01:28] | And it looks delicious, | 看上去太诱人了 |
[01:30] | but you know I usually like to eat light in the morning. | 但你知道我通常早饭都吃得很清淡 |
[01:32] | – Just a bowl of Fiber One, or– – Oh, I know, Louis. | -就吃碗谷物早餐 -我知道 路易 |
[01:36] | I also know the day you take control of the firm is no usual day. | 我也知道你接管律所的那天可不寻常 |
[01:41] | Before I take control of what now? | 在我接管什么之前 |
[01:43] | Louis, you just merged, which means it’s time | 路易 你们律所刚刚合并 这意味着 |
[01:46] | for a new king to claim the throne. | 一位新的领袖即将踏上王座 |
[01:49] | All right, Sheila, if you’re saying what I think you are, | 希拉 如果我没理解错你的意思 |
[01:51] | Harvey’s already managing partner, | 哈维已经是经营合伙人了 |
[01:53] | and Zane’s going to fight to take it from him. | 而且赞恩正在试图把这个位置抢过来 |
[01:55] | Which sets the table for you to take it from both of them. | 鹬蚌相争 渔翁得利 |
[01:59] | Louis, you’re a king. | 路易 你是帝王之才 |
[02:02] | And we should all be kissing your ring. | 我们都应该对你顶礼膜拜 |
[02:07] | But, Sheila, where is all this coming from? | 希拉 你怎么会有这种想法 |
[02:09] | It’s coming from the fact that | 那是因为 |
[02:10] | Harvey left you to fight off the hordes, | 哈维让你独挡千军万马 |
[02:14] | and you did just that by subjugating the army of Robert Zane. | 你竟然做到了 你赢了罗伯特·赞恩大军 |
[02:18] | – I suppose I did. – No supposing, Louis. | -好像确实是这样 -不是好像 路易 |
[02:20] | You’re a god. A Viking god. | 你就是天神 维京天神 |
[02:23] | And Viking gods take what they want. | 维京天神想要的东西就一定会到手 |
[02:25] | Now go in there, and claim what’s yours. | 现在去吧 去得到你的领地 |
[02:28] | I will, but not until I claim what’s also mine– | 我会的 但在这之前我要先得到属于我的你 |
[02:31] | Not yet. | 现在还不行 |
[02:32] | Let’s do it this afternoon, afterward. | 等你办完正事 我们下午再继续 |
[02:35] | Then we can play “Managing partner/secretary.” | 到时我们再玩”经营合伙人和秘书”的游戏 |
[02:39] | In that case you’d better be ready to | 要是这样 到时候 |
[02:40] | take a whole lot of dictation. | 你可得准备好接受一大堆”任务” |
[02:43] | Oh, I will. Now go. | 我会的 你快去吧 |
[02:45] | – And return to me a king. – I know. | -我等着王者归来 -明白了 |
[03:09] | – Morning, Robert. – Harvey, I just got in. | -早上好 罗伯特 -哈维 我刚到 |
[03:13] | – The sign looks good. – Good, I’m glad you liked it. | -门面不错 -很好 很高兴你喜欢 |
[03:17] | You ready to do this thing? | 你准备好了吗 |
[03:19] | If you mean, am I ready to get back to being a managing partner, | 如果你是说 我是否准备好成为经营合伙人 |
[03:22] | I sure as hell am. | 那毫无疑问 |
[03:23] | Then give me your John Hancock, | 那你就签好字 |
[03:25] | I’ll get it to Louis, and you will officially be | 我把文件给路易 今天下班前 |
[03:27] | the managing partner by the end of the day. | 你就正式成为经营合伙人了 |
[03:31] | Harvey Specter? | 哈维·斯佩克特 |
[03:34] | That’s right, this is my partner, Robert Zane. | 是我 这是我的合伙人 罗伯特·赞恩 |
[03:36] | My partner and I were clients of Mike Ross. | 迈克·罗斯是我和我合伙人的代表律师 |
[03:38] | We founded Pod Space. | 我们创立了豆荚空间 |
[03:40] | You must be Max Louden. | 你是麦克斯·劳登 |
[03:42] | How do you know I’m not Nick? | 你怎么知道我不是尼克 |
[03:44] | Because Mike said if one of you ever came to see me, | 因为迈克说如果你们有人来找我 |
[03:46] | it’d be you. | 来的肯定是你 |
[03:48] | So why don’t you tell me what the problem is, | 你不如跟我说说到底是怎么回事 |
[03:50] | and I’ll get you out of it. | 我来帮你解决 |
[03:52] | Oh, I hope it’s that easy. | 我也希望事情有这么容易 |
[03:54] | Nick and I started another business venture. | 尼克和我做了另一个商业投机 |
[03:57] | Raised 100 million to get the thing off the ground. | 筹集了一亿美元启动资金 |
[04:00] | I can only account for 50 of it. | 但账面上只有五千万 |
[04:01] | Well, when 50 million is missing, | 五千万不翼而飞 |
[04:03] | the math adds up to embezzlement. | 原因很可能出在挪用公款 |
[04:05] | I know that, but I’m telling you, Nick wouldn’t do that. | 我知道 但尼克不会这么做的 |
[04:08] | Not to me, and not to the business. | 他不会这么对我和公司的 |
[04:09] | Then if he didn’t take it, he got taken. | 如果他没拿这笔钱 那他就是被骗了 |
[04:11] | Look, I don’t know what happened. | 听我说 我不知道发生了什么 |
[04:13] | But what I do know is that if we can’t account for the money, | 但我知道如果我们解释不了这笔钱的去向 |
[04:16] | and anyone finds out, we’re not just out of business; | 如果让别人发现了 不仅生意没得做 |
[04:18] | – we’re in prison. – Trust me, Max. | -我们还会锒铛入狱 -相信我 麦克斯 |
[04:21] | I’m not going to let that happen. | 我不会让这种事发生的 |
[04:23] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[04:26] | And, Max, | 还有 麦克斯 |
[04:28] | don’t tell Nick you came to me with this. | 别告诉尼克你来找我谈过这件事 |
[04:31] | Well, I wasn’t going to, but do you mind if I ask why not? | 我也没这个打算 但我能问下原因吗 |
[04:35] | I don’t want him to know I’m coming. | 我不想让他知道我会去找他 |
[04:40] | I know you already know this, but he’s either guilty | 我想你也清楚 可要么是他干的 |
[04:42] | and trying to pin it on his partner, | 想从合伙人那里骗钱 |
[04:43] | or it’s the other way around. | 要么情况反过来 |
[04:44] | No way that kid’s guilty. | 不是那个小伙子干的 |
[04:46] | I don’t know that, and neither do you. | 这我可说不好 你也确定不了 |
[04:48] | I know you’re managing partner, | 我知道你是经营合伙人 |
[04:49] | but you handle your clients, and I’ll handle mine. | 但你处理你的客户 我处理我的 |
[04:52] | Hey, fair enough, but just to be clear, we just merged. | 好吧 但是说清楚 我们刚合并 |
[04:55] | We need to keep every client we’ve got. | 我们得留住手里的所有客户 |
[04:57] | Like I said, Robert. | 如我所说 罗伯特 |
[04:59] | You handle your clients, I’ll handle mine. | 你处理你的客户 我处理我的 |
[05:06] | I’ve got an assignment for you. | 我有个任务要给你 |
[05:07] | Oh, good morning, Robert. You look nice today too. | 早上好 罗伯特 你今天也看上去不错 |
[05:09] | Hey, you get to work on time, | 你要是按时上班 |
[05:10] | I’ll tell you that necklace is pretty all you want. | 我也可以告诉你项链真漂亮 |
[05:12] | Right now, I need you to look into | 现在我需要你调查 |
[05:13] | one of Harvey Specter’s clients. | 哈维·斯佩克特的一个客户 |
[05:15] | Let me get this straight. I just finished tussling | 让我理理清楚 我刚干涉完他的一个客户 |
[05:17] | with the guy over sticking my nose into one of his clients, | 结束了跟他的争斗 |
[05:19] | and now you want me to stick my nose | 现在你又让我干涉 |
[05:21] | into another one of his clients? | 他的另一个客户吗 |
[05:23] | Samantha, the man needs your help. | 萨曼莎 他需要你的帮助 |
[05:26] | And besides, he’s already seen the bad. | 再说 他已经看到了坏的一面 |
[05:27] | It’s time to show him the good. | 是时候让他看看好的一面了 |
[05:28] | And again, what exactly is the good | 再次 我闯入他的领地 |
[05:30] | of me horning in on his territory? | 到底能有什么好处 |
[05:32] | The good is for the firm. | 这样对律所好 |
[05:34] | He may not see it now, but he will. | 他现在或许看不到 但他会明白的 |
[05:37] | – Okay, give it to me. – He’s got two young bucks. | -好吧 说说吧 -他有两个年轻人 |
[05:40] | One of them is up to something shady. | 其中一个参与了见不得人的勾当 |
[05:42] | I don’t know which one, but he has a soft spot | 我不知道是哪一个 但是他特别偏爱 |
[05:44] | for the one named Max. | 那个叫麦克斯的小伙子 |
[05:46] | If that guy’s wrong, he’s not going to see it. | 如果麦克斯做错了 他无法做出理性判断 |
[05:48] | And no matter what, we can’t afford to lose the client, | 而无论如何 我们不能失去客户 |
[05:50] | – because we just merged. – Exactly. | -因为我们刚合并 -没错 |
[05:52] | I knew I keep you around for a reason. | 我就知道留你在身边是有原因的 |
[05:54] | That you do. | 你当然知道 |
[05:56] | Now, what’s the “Something shady”? | 那么 是什么见不得人的勾当 |
[05:58] | – $50 million is missing. – Ooh, that sounds fun. | -五千万美元失踪了 -听起来不错 |
[06:02] | So you’re on it? | 所以你接手吗 |
[06:03] | Oh, I’m more than on it, Robert. | 我不仅接手 罗伯特 |
[06:04] | I know exactly what to do. | 我都知道该怎么做了 |
[06:08] | ♪ See the money, wanna stay for your meal ♪ | *看到钱 就愿意留下吃饭* |
[06:11] | ♪ Get another piece of pie for your wife ♪ | *给你太太再拿块馅饼* |
[06:15] | ♪ Everybody wanna know how it feel ♪ | *所有人都想知道那感觉* |
[06:18] | ♪ Everybody wanna see what it’s like ♪ | *所有人都想见见那景象* |
[06:21] | ♪ I’ll even eat a bean pie, I don’t mind ♪ | *豆子馅饼我也愿吃 我不在乎* |
[06:25] | ♪ Me and Missy is so busy, busy making money ♪ | *我和妹子忙着赚钱* |
[06:29] | ♪ All right ♪ | *好了* |
[06:30] | ♪ All step back, I’m ’bout to dance ♪ | *退开点 我要跳舞* |
[06:36] | ♪ The greenback boogie ♪ | *美钞爵士摇摇摇* |
[06:44] | Hi, you must be Donna, I– | 你好 你就是唐娜吧 我… |
[06:47] | Let me guess. | 让我猜猜 |
[06:48] | – Samantha Wheeler. – What gave it away? | -萨曼莎·惠勒 -怎么看出来的 |
[06:51] | Several things, not the least of which is you | 几个地方 最起码的一点是 |
[06:53] | ambushing me in my office. | 你在我的办公室埋伏我 |
[06:54] | Well, it doesn’t have to be an ambush. | 这不是非得是埋伏 |
[06:55] | It could just be a friendly howdy-doo. | 可能只是友好地打个招呼 |
[06:57] | In that case, let me grab my ten-gallon hat, | 如果是这样的话 让我戴上我的牛仔帽 |
[06:59] | and help make it that. | 才更像在打招呼 |
[07:00] | You don’t need a ten-gallon hat. | 你不需要牛仔帽 |
[07:01] | You just need to sign off on this. | 你只需要在这上面签字 |
[07:05] | Samantha, this isn’t a howdy-doo. | 萨曼莎 这不是在打招呼 |
[07:07] | This is an expense account request | 这是张报销单 |
[07:08] | three times larger than anyone else’s. | 报销金额是其他人的三倍 |
[07:11] | It was only two times bigger | 在兰德·考德·赞恩律所 |
[07:12] | than anyone else’s at Rand Kaldor Zane. | 这只是别人的两倍而已 |
[07:14] | – Try four times bigger. – How do you know that? | -是四倍吧 -你怎么知道的 |
[07:16] | Because it’s my business to know that. | 因为知道这个是我的工作 |
[07:19] | And what I know about this is that I can’t sign off on it. | 我还知道的是我不能签这个 |
[07:21] | Is it because I didn’t say please? | 是因为我没有说”请”字吗 |
[07:23] | It’s because I don’t know that it’s for. | 因为我不知道你要用这钱去干什么 |
[07:25] | – It’s for me to do my job. – That isn’t very specific. | -是为了让我完成工作 -这不够具体 |
[07:27] | No, it’s not, but it’s what I had before, | 不 但我以前得到的就是这么多 |
[07:29] | and it’s what I need now. | 现在我也需要这么多 |
[07:30] | If you want specifics, talk to Robert Zane. | 你要是想知道细节 去问罗伯特·赞恩 |
[07:32] | But he doesn’t have any, either, | 不过他也不知道什么细节 |
[07:33] | which is how he prefers it. | 他就喜欢这样 |
[07:35] | Well, I’m not Robert. | 我不是罗伯特 |
[07:37] | But since I’m also not trying to get off on the wrong foot, | 但既然我也不想刚见面就闹不愉快 |
[07:40] | I will authorize half of this, which is the most we give. | 我会批准一半的金额 不能再多了 |
[07:44] | I get it. | 我懂了 |
[07:45] | The new girl comes in, and you want to make sure | 新人就职 你想确保 |
[07:47] | she understands the pecking order. | 她分得清等级高低 |
[07:49] | That wasn’t my intention. | 这不是我的目的 |
[07:52] | But if that’s the way you see it, | 但你要是这么想 |
[07:53] | that tells me a lot more about you | 你没怎么了解我 |
[07:54] | than it tells you about me. | 我倒是更了解你了 |
[07:58] | Good to finally meet you, Samantha. | 很高兴我终于见到你了 萨曼莎 |
[07:59] | Good to meet you too, Donna. | 彼此彼此 唐娜 |
[08:06] | Harvey, good, you’re here. | 哈维 你在这里 太好了 |
[08:08] | I am, but not for long. | 是 但我马上就走了 |
[08:09] | I have to take care of something | 我得帮迈克的一个老客户 |
[08:10] | for one of Mike’s old clients. | 处理一些事 |
[08:12] | That’s fine, but I need to talk to you now. | 没关系 但我现在得跟你谈谈 |
[08:13] | You may not like what I have to say– | 你可能不会喜欢我接下来要说的话 |
[08:14] | I almost forgot. Robert and I signed the papers | 我差点忘了 罗伯特和我签署了文件 |
[08:17] | for him to take over as managing partner. | 让他接任了经营合伙人 |
[08:18] | – They’re on my desk. – You what? | -文件在我桌子上 -你们干什么了 |
[08:20] | I know, I wouldn’t have thought it, either, | 我知道 我也没想到 |
[08:21] | but as it turns out, I’d rather not be managing partner. | 但是最后发现 我宁愿不做经营合伙人 |
[08:24] | – That’s not what I– – Hey, Louis, do me a favor. | -这不是我想… -路易 帮我个忙 |
[08:25] | Sign the papers and drop them off to Donna, will you? | 签署文件 然后送去给唐娜 好吗 |
[08:27] | I think it’s important that we do it as soon as possible | 我觉得最好尽快完成这事 |
[08:30] | to show Zane the support | 向赞恩表示支持 |
[08:31] | that I would have wanted if it would have been me. | 换我来当 我也希望能尽快得到支持 |
[08:33] | Of course, if it would have been you. | 当然 如果是你来当的话 |
[08:34] | – Thanks, Louis. – No problem, Harvey. | -谢谢 路易 -不客气 哈维 |
[08:37] | I’ll get that off to Donna as soon as I can. | 我会尽快通知唐娜 |
[08:43] | – Nick Turner? – Yes. | -尼克·特纳 -我是 |
[08:45] | – Harvey Specter. – Mr. Specter. | -哈维·斯佩克特 -斯佩克特先生 |
[08:47] | It’s a pleasure meeting you, | 很高兴见到你 |
[08:48] | but I wasn’t aware we had a meeting. | 但我没料到你会来见我 |
[08:49] | We don’t. I know we’ve never met, | 的确 我知道我俩素未谋面 |
[08:51] | but you meant a lot to Mike, | 但你对迈克来说很重要 |
[08:52] | which means you mean a lot to me, | 那么你对我来说自然也很重要 |
[08:54] | and I just got a proposal on your behalf. | 我刚收到一份代表你的提案 |
[08:56] | Smith Barney wants to take you public. | 史密斯·巴尼想让你上市 |
[08:59] | You’re kidding. That’s fantastic. | 真的吗 那真是太好了 |
[09:01] | And it’s not just your main business. | 不仅限于你的主要业务 |
[09:02] | They want your new venture too. | 还包括你的新项目 |
[09:06] | I’d love to say yes, but the new business isn’t ready. | 我很想同意 但新项目还没准备好上市 |
[09:10] | Nick, it’s not often you get a top rate | 尼克 可不是天天都能有一家高收益的投行 |
[09:12] | investment bank knocking on the doors of a fledgling business. | 主动找上门来 跟新兴企业合作 |
[09:15] | But if we do that, | 但如果接受 |
[09:16] | we won’t get the full price of our upside. | 我们会拿不到最高价格 |
[09:18] | What if I told you they were willing to send over 500,000 in cash | 如果我告诉你他们愿意提供五十万现金 |
[09:22] | as a good faith advance against any transaction costs? | 就当是预付交易费 以表诚意 |
[09:26] | – I’m sorry, who are you? – I’m Samantha Wheeler. | -抱歉 你是谁 -萨曼莎·惠勒 |
[09:29] | I work with Harvey. | 哈维的同事 |
[09:31] | Like I said, half a million dollars. | 正如我说的 五十万美元 |
[09:36] | All you have to do is send your books over | 你只需要提交账簿 |
[09:37] | to start the process, and we’ll get down | 启动流程 我们就会开始着手 |
[09:39] | to making you and your partner rich. | 让你和你的合伙人大赚一笔 |
[09:41] | Well, that’s very generous, but as I was just saying to Harvey, | 你们很大方 但正如我刚才对哈维说的 |
[09:45] | we’re already rich, | 我们已经很有钱了 |
[09:46] | and I don’t feel comfortable giving away our upside– | 并且我也不愿意放弃自己的优势 |
[09:49] | Nick, don’t let this briefcase get in the way | 尼克 你可别因为这只手提箱 |
[09:51] | – of a great opportunity– – Look. | -就放弃一个绝好机会 -听着 |
[09:53] | I appreciate you both coming over, | 我很感谢你们今天的到来 |
[09:54] | but we’re in the middle of our build out, | 但我们的办公楼还在扩建中 |
[09:57] | so please, for right now, | 所以二位还是请回吧 就目前而言 |
[09:59] | I prefer to keep things like they are. | 我还是更喜欢保持现状 |
[10:13] | – What the hell was that? – That was one cool cucumber | -你搞什么鬼 -这家伙可真是淡定 |
[10:16] | who sounds pretty good, but couldn’t hide the fact | 话说得冠冕堂皇 但事实摆在那里 |
[10:18] | that he’d rather cut off his arm than show us his books. | 他宁愿断条胳膊都不愿意公开他的账本 |
[10:20] | I meant, what were you doing coming into my meeting? | 我说 你来搅我的局干什么 |
[10:22] | I was introducing myself, | 我那是在自我介绍 |
[10:24] | so we could get off on a better foot. | 为了更好的开始 |
[10:25] | I thought you said we got off on the right foot. | 我还以为你说过这已经是最好的开始了 |
[10:27] | Well, I think so, but I could tell you didn’t. | 我本来是这么觉得 但后来发现这并不是 |
[10:29] | Well, let me tell you something. | 那我告诉你 |
[10:30] | Derailing my meeting when it was going exactly as planned | 在我顺水推舟的时候来捣乱 |
[10:32] | isn’t the way to get off on a better foot. | 可不是一个良好的开端 |
[10:34] | I don’t know what meeting you were in, | 我不知道你顺水推什么舟 |
[10:35] | but that man was not going to show you his books. | 但那家伙是绝不会给你看账本的 |
[10:37] | And offering him a bribe is going to get him to? | 那贿赂他就能行了吗 |
[10:39] | It wasn’t a bribe. It’s untraceable cash, | 这不是贿赂 现金是无法追踪的 |
[10:42] | which if he were embezzling, he would have gone for. | 如果他在挪用公款 这钱他会收的 |
[10:44] | We’re missing 50 million. | 我们丢的可是五千万 |
[10:46] | 500,000 isn’t going to get him out of his jam. | 五十万不过杯水车薪而已 |
[10:48] | Well, maybe if your ex-assistant | 要是你的前助理 |
[10:50] | hadn’t hamstrung me with my expense account, | 批了我的报销单 |
[10:52] | it would have been more. | 我可以拿出更多 |
[10:53] | Samantha, you bring Donna into this, | 萨曼莎 你把唐娜牵连进来 |
[10:54] | we’re never getting on the right foot. | 我们是没法有个良好开端的 |
[10:56] | Look, that wasn’t what I meant. I– | 我的本意不是如此 我… |
[10:57] | That’s enough! | 够了 |
[10:58] | I’m going to get to the bottom of this, | 这件事我会调查到底 |
[11:00] | and I don’t need your help, | 我不需要你的帮助 |
[11:01] | so why don’t you have some respect for the chain of command, | 你不如对行政管理系统放尊重点 |
[11:03] | and stay away from my clients. | 别来招惹我的客户 |
[11:08] | Damn it. | 你大爷的 |
[11:12] | God damn it, what the– | 这他娘怎么… |
[11:19] | You know I knew that, don’t you? | 你知道我会用这玩意的 对吧 |
[11:21] | Of course you did, you were just testing | 当然 你只是在检查 |
[11:22] | the structural integrity of the machine | 机器的结构是否完好 |
[11:24] | and the water and the coffee mug. | 还有水和咖啡杯的质量 |
[11:26] | – Precisely. – Listen, Robert. | -没错 -听着 罗伯特 |
[11:28] | I didn’t come in here by accident. | 我来这里并不是碰巧 |
[11:30] | I know we were on opposite sides of the Samantha thing, | 我知道我们对萨曼莎持相反态度 |
[11:32] | but I also know you play golf, and I thought it might be nice | 但我也知道你打高尔夫 所以也许 |
[11:35] | to get out there and get to know each other. | 我们可以一起玩玩 增进彼此间的了解 |
[11:36] | I think what you really mean | 我觉得你真正想说的是 |
[11:38] | is you’d like to impress the new managing partner. | 你想给新的经营合伙人留个好印象 |
[11:40] | And what if I did? | 要是我真是这么想的呢 |
[11:41] | Now let me tell you something. | 我告诉你 |
[11:43] | We get on that course, one of two things is going to happen. | 到了球场上 只有两件事情可能发生 |
[11:46] | Either you’re going to piss me off by being a scratch golfer, | 你要么因为球技高超 把我惹毛 |
[11:49] | or you’re going to piss me off by being worse than me. | 要么你会因为连我都赢不了而把我惹毛 |
[11:51] | What’s your point? | 你想说什么 |
[11:53] | You want to impress me, don’t do it on a golf course. | 如果你想给我留下好印象 别考虑高尔夫 |
[11:56] | Do it with a big, fat client. | 给我找一个油水足的大客户来 |
[12:08] | – Harvey, we need to talk. – We sure do. | -哈维 我们得谈谈 -当然 |
[12:10] | Did you just give Samantha Wheeler | 你是不是给了萨曼莎·惠勒 |
[12:11] | the keys to Fort Knox to use in my case? | 诺克斯堡的钥匙 让她来搅我的案子 |
[12:14] | No, I refused to give her an expense account | 没有 我拒绝了她报销的要求 |
[12:16] | even bigger than Fort Knox. Why, what did she do? | 她要的比诺克斯堡还多 她怎么了吗 |
[12:18] | She tried to hijack my meeting | 她竟然在我跟客户见面的时候 |
[12:20] | with a briefcase full of cash. | 拿着个装满现金的手提箱来捣乱 |
[12:22] | Let me guess, you didn’t like it, | 我猜猜 你很不爽 |
[12:23] | and that’s when she said that she got the money from me. | 这时 她说她是从我这儿拿的钱 |
[12:25] | No, she said it would have worked if you’d given her more. | 不 她说如果你多给点 这事就能成了 |
[12:27] | Which explains why she went over both of our heads to Robert. | 这就解释了为什么她直接越过我们找了罗伯特 |
[12:31] | I don’t believe this. He tripled her expense account. | 难以置信 他给了她三倍的报销金额 |
[12:33] | Yes, he did. Harvey, we need to figure out | 没错 哈维 我们得搞明白 |
[12:36] | what we’re going to do about this woman. | 我们需要怎么对付这个女人 |
[12:37] | Well, I’ll tell you what I’m going to do. | 我来告诉你我会怎么做 |
[12:38] | I’m going to go tell Robert | 我会告诉罗伯特 |
[12:39] | that if he doesn’t shorten her leash, she’s gone. | 如果他继续放任自流 她就滚蛋 |
[12:42] | Or you could extend the olive branch, | 或者你可以伸出橄榄枝 |
[12:44] | and let her work the case with you. | 让她和你一起办这个案子 |
[12:46] | – And why would I do that? – Because sometimes, | -我为什么要这么做 -因为有时候 |
[12:47] | it’s best to keep your friends close, | 能和朋友亲密一些再好不过 |
[12:49] | and the new senior partner | 但你要更亲近这个 |
[12:50] | we know nothing about even closer. | 我们完全不了解的新高级合伙人 |
[12:52] | Well, that’s all well and fine, | 这些都没问题 |
[12:53] | but I am tired of knowing nothing about her. | 但是我厌倦了对她一无所知 |
[12:56] | So am I, so while you’re keeping her distracted with work, | 我也是 所以你用工作让她分心 |
[12:59] | I’m going to go digging in her medicine cabinet. | 我去把她的老底翻出来 |
[13:09] | Sheila, I need to talk to you. | 希拉 我需要跟你谈谈 |
[13:11] | Louis, you’re an hour early. | 路易 你来早了一小时 |
[13:13] | I hadn’t got my steno pad out yet. | 我还没把速记垫拿出来呢 |
[13:15] | – I know, but– – Oh, my God. | -我知道 但是 -我的天 |
[13:16] | You talked to Harvey, didn’t you? | 你和哈维谈过了 是不是 |
[13:18] | I did, and it turns out that Harvey’s stepping down– | 是的 然后发现哈维要退位 |
[13:21] | And now you’re managing partner. | 那你就是经营合伙人了 |
[13:23] | I knew it! You’re even more of a man than I thought. | 我就知道你能行 你比我想的还要男人 |
[13:26] | – Sheila– – Ah, ah, Mr. Litt. | -希拉 -不 利特先生 |
[13:28] | It’s not Sheila anymore. It’s Miss Sazs, | 我不是希拉 而是塞斯小姐 |
[13:30] | secretary to the managing partner, | 经营合伙人的秘书 |
[13:33] | and I am ready to be managed. | 而且我准备好被你”管教”了 |
[13:36] | Sheila, as much as I would love to manage you right now, | 希拉 虽然我现在很想”管教”你 |
[13:39] | now is not the appropriate time. | 但是现在时机不对 |
[13:40] | You’re right. It’s not appropriate at all. | 你说的没错 时机一点都不合适 |
[13:44] | Just like this isn’t, and this isn’t, | 就像这里不合适 这里也不合适 |
[13:48] | – and this isn’t– – Whoa, Nelly. | -这里也不太合适 -天哪 |
[13:50] | Manage me, Louis. Manage the shit out of me. | 上我 路易 狠狠地上我 |
[13:53] | Okay, you want me to manage the shit out of you? | 好啊 你想让我狠狠地上你吗 |
[13:55] | I’m going to manage the shit out of you. | 我现在就来满足你 |
[13:56] | And I’m not just Louis Litt. | 我不止是路易·利特 |
[13:57] | – I’m– – A joke. | -我是 -一个笑话 |
[13:59] | Look at him, pretending to be managing partner. | 看看他 假装自己是经营合伙人 |
[14:01] | I can’t believe he thinks that we would go for it. | 真不敢相信他以为我们会给他这个机会 |
[14:03] | Doesn’t he know that the first three letters of managing is “Man”? | 难道他不知道经营合伙人首先得是个男人吗 |
[14:06] | Well, at least he’s got the “Aging” Part down. | 反正他确实符合”老”这个特点 |
[14:09] | Speaking of down, looks like managing partner’s | 说到下面 看来经营合伙人 |
[14:11] | not the only job he’d underperform. | 不是他唯一干不好的活儿啊 |
[14:13] | Louis? | 路易 |
[14:15] | – Is something wrong? – No, nothing. | -出什么事了吗 -不 没事 |
[14:19] | Louis, something’s wrong. You’re not at attention. | 路易 肯定有事 你走神了 |
[14:23] | – I know, I just–I… – Oh, no, of course. | -我知道 我只是 -不 我明白 |
[14:26] | I should have known. | 我早该想到的 |
[14:28] | It’s the stress of your new job. | 是这份新工作带来的压力 |
[14:30] | You just became managing partner, | 你刚成为经营合伙人 |
[14:31] | and you’re gone in the middle of the workday. | 又中途翘班 |
[14:34] | Yes. | 是的 |
[14:36] | – Exactly, that’s it. – Then say no more. | -没错 就是这样 -那么无需多言 |
[14:39] | Return to your kingdom. | 回到你的王国去吧 |
[14:41] | There will be plenty of time for this later. | 以后我们有的是时间滚床单 |
[14:53] | Oh, good. You’re still here. | 太好了 你还没走 |
[14:56] | Wasn’t about to be. | 本来我现在该走了 |
[14:57] | What do you say we both pretend I’m not? | 不如我们假装都我不在这里吧 |
[15:01] | All right, what’s going on? | 好 怎么了 |
[15:02] | Have you had a run in with Samantha Wheeler yet? | 你和萨曼莎·惠勒打过照面了吗 |
[15:04] | No, but I take that to mean one’s coming. | 还没 不过既然你问了 我猜很快就会了 |
[15:07] | The way she operates, you can bet on it. | 照她工作的方式 你肯定马上就能见到 |
[15:09] | – How exactly does she operate? – However the hell she wants. | -她到底是怎么工作的 -任意妄为 |
[15:13] | My feelings exactly. | 我也是这个感觉 |
[15:15] | Which is why I decided to look into | 所以我决定亲自去调查一下 |
[15:16] | little Miss “I don’t answer to anyone” myself. | 这个”我谁也不听”小姐 |
[15:19] | Don’t tell me you came up empty. | 别告诉我你一无所获 |
[15:20] | Worse, half the people I asked say she’s from Kansas. | 比那更糟 一半的人说她来自堪萨斯 |
[15:23] | The other half, Manhattan. | 另一半说来自曼哈顿 |
[15:24] | Somehow, she managed to graduate from an Ivy League, | 而且不知怎的 她在相同的两年之内 |
[15:26] | a state school, and the Sorbonne | 从一所藤校 一所州校 |
[15:28] | all within the same two years. | 和索邦大学毕业 |
[15:29] | One guy even says she’s MI6, | 甚至有人说她是军情六处的 |
[15:31] | but that’s “Just a hunch.” | 但那”只是猜测” |
[15:32] | So you’re telling me that no one has the same story | 所以你的意思是众说纷纭 |
[15:36] | and we don’t know what’s what? | 我们还不知道哪句真哪句假 |
[15:38] | And since the only person with more contacts than me is you, | 既然人脉比我还广的人只有你 |
[15:42] | I was hoping you could help me get some answers. | 我希望你能帮我查出点东西来 |
[15:45] | Then turn around and get a good night’s sleep, | 那你就回家去美美地睡一觉 |
[15:47] | because by tomorrow afternoon, | 因为明天下午 |
[15:49] | you’ll have all the answers you need on little Miss James Bond. | 你会拥有所有这位邦德小妞的所有资料 |
[15:54] | Do you think we should have a secret handshake or something? | 我们要不要该来个秘密握手之类的 |
[15:56] | – Just go. – Okay. | -快走吧 -好的 |
[16:01] | Louis, what are you doing here? | 路易 你来这干什么 |
[16:03] | We don’t have a session scheduled. | 我们没有预约咨询 |
[16:04] | I’m not here for a session. I’m here for an erection. | 我不是来咨询的 我是来勃起的 |
[16:07] | – A–A what now? – I need a prescription, Stan. | -你说什么 -我需要伟哥 斯坦 |
[16:09] | I don’t care if it’s for the blue pill, | 我不管是蓝色小药片 |
[16:10] | or for the one with the couples in the bathtubs. | 还是给情侣在浴缸里用的 |
[16:13] | I need it now. | 我现在就要 |
[16:14] | Okay, Louis, why don’t you tell me what’s going on? | 路易 不如你告诉我发生了什么 |
[16:23] | Now that we have merged, | 如今我们合并了 |
[16:25] | Sheila thinks that I should become managing partner. | 希拉认为我该成为经营合伙人 |
[16:28] | I told her that I would bring it up to Harvey. | 我跟她说我会和哈维谈谈 |
[16:29] | But before I could do that, he told me that | 但是在我开口以前 哈维告诉我 |
[16:32] | he had already handed the firm over to Zane. | 他已经把律所交给赞恩了 |
[16:34] | And as a result of telling Sheila that, | 因为你告诉了希拉这个消息 |
[16:36] | you are now having intimacy issues. | 现在你们的性生活出现了问题 |
[16:37] | As a result of letting Sheila think that I’m managing partner, | 因为我让希拉误以为我已经是经营合伙人 |
[16:40] | I can’t get it up. | 现在我就不举了 |
[16:42] | Then I must tell you, | 那我必须要告诉你 |
[16:43] | a prescription is not going to solve your problem, Louis. | 任何药都解决不了你的问题 路易 |
[16:45] | Why not? | 为什么 |
[16:46] | Because your issue isn’t blood flow. | 因为你的问题不是血流不畅 |
[16:48] | It’s that you are lying to Sheila. | 而是你在欺骗希拉 |
[16:50] | – Doc. – Louis. | -医生 -路易 |
[16:53] | How long are you planning to hide the fact | 你不是经营合伙人这件事 |
[16:55] | that you’re not really managing partner? | 你打算隐瞒多久 |
[16:57] | I don’t know, two to three years? | 不知道 两三年吧 |
[16:58] | My father convinced my mother | 我爸骗了我妈十年 |
[16:59] | that he was a vice president for a decade. | 说他是副总裁 |
[17:01] | It can be done. | 骗两三年不是难事 |
[17:03] | Be that as it may, | 可能是吧 |
[17:05] | as I recall, you accepted Harvey becoming | 据我说知 杰西卡走后 |
[17:07] | managing partner after Jessica left. | 你同意哈维做经营合伙人 |
[17:09] | That’s when I realized that I didn’t want to | 我同时意识到 |
[17:10] | become managing partner. | 自己并不想做经营合伙人 |
[17:12] | Then why are you so reluctant to tell Sheila that? | 那你为什么不想告诉希拉你的想法 |
[17:17] | Because she’s always been attracted to my power. | 因为她喜欢我掌权的样子 |
[17:21] | I tell her that I don’t want to be something | 我告诉她我不想 |
[17:23] | that she wants me to be– | 成为她想让我成为的样子 |
[17:24] | You’re afraid she will no longer want you. | 你害怕她会不想要你 |
[17:26] | I can’t lose her again, doc. | 我不能再次失去她 医生 |
[17:28] | I know, my friend. | 我了解 朋友 |
[17:29] | But true power is not pretending to be what you’re not. | 但真正的强大不是去假装成另一个人 |
[17:34] | It’s admitting the truth of who you are. | 而是坦然面对自己 |
[17:41] | Katrina, you have a minute? | 卡特里娜 能谈谈吗 |
[17:42] | Of course, what can I do for you, Alex? | 当然 有什么需要 亚历克斯 |
[17:44] | I was actually hoping you might be able to | 其实我希望你能帮我 |
[17:45] | help me narrow down a list. | 筛选一份名单 |
[17:47] | Seems like that’s my specialty these days. | 最近我似乎很擅长做这件事 |
[17:49] | What kind of list? | 什么名单 |
[17:51] | These are the clients who stayed with Rand Kaldor after the merger. | 这是合并后兰德·考德留下的客户 |
[17:54] | That’s right. | 没错 |
[17:54] | And I want to know which one of them | 我想知道哪个客户 |
[17:56] | Robert Zane would like to have back the most. | 是罗伯特·赞恩最想抢回去的 |
[17:58] | Well, if you want to know who he’d like to have back the most, | 如果你想知道他最想要回哪个客户 |
[18:00] | it’s Starboard Airlines. | 那是右舷航空 |
[18:01] | But if you want to know who you should go after, I’m not sure. | 但如果说你应该抢哪个客户 我不确定 |
[18:05] | Why wouldn’t I want to go after Starboard Airlines? | 我为什么会不想抢右舷航空呢 |
[18:07] | Because they used to be represented | 因为他们之前的代表律师是 |
[18:08] | – by Samantha Wheeler. – I see. | -萨曼莎·惠勒 -我明白了 |
[18:10] | Look, Alex, I don’t know how much you know about her, | 亚历克斯 我不知道你了解她多少 |
[18:12] | but I wouldn’t want to pick a fight | 但如果是我 |
[18:14] | with Samantha Wheeler if it were me. | 我可不想惹萨曼莎·惠勒 |
[18:15] | Well, I appreciate the warning, | 谢谢你的警告 |
[18:17] | but if Starboard’s the client Robert would like, | 但如果右舷是罗伯特想要的 |
[18:20] | that’s the client I’m going after. | 那么这个客户就是我要拿到手的 |
[18:22] | Whether Samantha likes it or not. | 不管萨曼莎喜不喜欢 |
[18:23] | Then I wish you luck, but do me a favor. | 那祝你好运 但答应我 |
[18:25] | When she finds out about this, | 如果她发现了 |
[18:27] | don’t tell her you got it from me. | 别告诉她这些消息是我透露给你的 |
[18:34] | Thanks, Joe. Now, you only owe me one. | 谢谢你 乔伊 现在你只欠我一个人情了 |
[18:39] | Harvey. | 哈维 |
[18:40] | Look. I’m not that big on apologies, so you’re not going to get one. | 我不是很喜欢道歉 也不会道歉 |
[18:44] | But I thought about it, and if you’re still interested | 但我考虑了一下 如果你仍想 |
[18:46] | in working this thing together, I’m good with that. | 一起解决这件事 我愿意合作 |
[18:49] | Good, because I found out | 很好 因为我发现了一件 |
[18:50] | some things you might want to know. | 你可能想知道的事 |
[18:52] | You kept working on it, | 你还在调查吗 |
[18:53] | even after I told you to stay out of it? | 我之前明明让你停手了 |
[18:54] | I’m not big on apologies, either. | 我也不会为此道歉 |
[18:56] | This is the best you’re going to get. | 我能给你的只有这个 |
[18:58] | As far as I can tell from Nick’s bank statements, | 从尼克的银行账单来看 |
[19:00] | he doesn’t spend shit on shit; he’s clean. | 他的支出没做手脚 他没问题 |
[19:03] | Well, his spending may be accounted for, | 他的支出可能正常 |
[19:05] | but the original 50 million isn’t. | 但那五千万的来源有问题 |
[19:07] | What are you talking about? | 什么意思 |
[19:09] | I can’t find any record of deposits before the second 50 came in. | 我查不到在第二笔五千万之前的任何存款记录 |
[19:12] | As far as I can tell, | 依我所看 |
[19:14] | that 50 covered the entire cost of the project. | 那五千万为项目提供了所有资金 |
[19:17] | Wait a second. He didn’t need the first 50. | 等一下 他不需要第一笔五千万 |
[19:21] | He needed the second 50. | 他需要的是第二笔 |
[19:22] | And he couldn’t get the second without saying he had the first. | 他不说他有五千万 就拿不到第二笔五千万 |
[19:25] | Which means he misrepresented himself to his investors, | 这说明他误导了投资者 |
[19:27] | and this is definitely criminal. | 这很明显是犯罪 |
[19:29] | Shit, we need to go tell Max, | 该死 我们要告诉麦克斯 |
[19:31] | and run through his options. | 看看他怎么决定 |
[19:32] | Harvey, I’ve fixed a lot of situations like this. | 哈维 我解决过很多这样的问题 |
[19:35] | The first thing we need to do is go to | 我们应该先去找 |
[19:37] | the guy that caused the problem. | 引起问题的当事人 |
[19:38] | And give him a chance to implicate his partner? | 然后给他个机会牵连麦克斯吗 |
[19:40] | No way, we go to the guy who came to us. | 不可能 应该先去找向我们求助的人 |
[19:42] | He’s our client. | 他才是我们的客户 |
[19:43] | The business is our client. | 我们的客户是那家公司 |
[19:45] | And I’m okay with you working with me on this, | 我接受和你合作 |
[19:47] | but I am not okay with you working it against me. | 但我不接受你和我对着干 |
[19:51] | Okay, we’ll go to Max first thing in the morning. | 好吧 那我们明早先去找麦克斯 |
[19:54] | I have your word you’ll leave it until tomorrow? | 你保证吗 这件事到明天再处理 |
[19:56] | You have my word. | 我保证 |
[19:58] | Then let’s figure out how to get them out of this. | 那我们就一起想办法帮他们摆脱这件事 |
[20:04] | So you’re telling me Nick defrauded our investors? | 你是说尼克欺骗了我们的投资商 |
[20:06] | No, Max, I’m telling you that’s what it looks like. | 不 麦克斯 我是说事情看起来是这样 |
[20:09] | I don’t give a shit what it looks like. | 我才不管看起来是什么 |
[20:10] | – We need to know what it is. – No, we don’t. | -我需要知道真相 -我们还不知道 |
[20:12] | Because right now, it’s conjecture. | 因为现在只是推测 |
[20:14] | We prove it, we have an obligation to inform your investors. | 如果要证明 我们就有责任通知投资商 |
[20:18] | So inform them. | 那就通知 |
[20:19] | We do that, your whole company goes out of business. | 如果那么做 你的公司就完了 |
[20:20] | And if I keep this a secret, they’ll think I was in on it. | 如果我不说 他们会觉得我参与了诈骗 |
[20:22] | This discussion is over, I need– | 谈话到此为止 我需要… |
[20:25] | What you need is to calm down, | 你需要冷静 |
[20:27] | and listen to us right now, because we have a way out. | 然后听我们说 因为现在有个办法 |
[20:31] | What is it? | 是什么 |
[20:32] | According to your contract, you have the option | 合同所示 你有权以三成的利息 |
[20:34] | to buy out your investors at a 30% return. | 买断投资商的股份 |
[20:37] | They go away happy, and we put this in our rearview mirror. | 他们拿钱走人 我们就当没事发生 |
[20:41] | And assuming we can even come up with that kind of money, | 就算我们有办法弄到这么多钱 |
[20:44] | what if someone finds out before we do? | 要是有人在我们解决事情之前就发现了怎么办 |
[20:45] | – No one’s going to find– – That’s not an answer. | -没人会发现 -这不是答案 |
[20:47] | – Max– – No. | -麦克斯 -不 |
[20:49] | This is Nick’s mistake, not mine, | 这是尼克的错 不是我的 |
[20:51] | and innocent people go to the police. | 无辜的人就该去报警 |
[20:53] | Listen to me, you turn him in, | 听我说 你去揭发他 |
[20:55] | you’ll look like a guilty man running scared. | 这行为就好像急于脱罪的惊弓之鸟 |
[20:57] | – I am scared. – Max. | -我确实很害怕 -麦克斯 |
[20:59] | You used to trust Mike. Now I need you to trust me. | 从前你相信迈克 现在我需要你相信我 |
[21:04] | We get these guys paid off; it’ll take maybe three days. | 我们把钱给他们 这可能要花上三天 |
[21:07] | Then you’re fine. | 然后你就没事了 |
[21:12] | Okay, Harvey. I trust you. | 好吧 哈维 我信你 |
[21:20] | Okay, we did it your way. | 好了 我们按你的方式做了 |
[21:22] | We talked to Max, and we presented a united front. | 我们和麦克斯谈过了 并且达成了统一战线 |
[21:26] | You better not be saying you want to divide it now. | 你最好别想着要打破这条统一战线 |
[21:28] | All I’m saying is there’s another option. | 我只是想说 还有别的选择 |
[21:31] | We replace the fabricated 50 million with a real 50 | 我们用从真的投资人手里拿到的真钱 |
[21:33] | from an actual investor; no one will ever know. | 替换这五千万假钱 没人会发现的 |
[21:36] | Oh, so all we have to do | 所以我们只要 |
[21:37] | is commit fraud to get out of fraud? | 以骗止骗就能逃脱罪责了吗 |
[21:39] | And how, exactly, is that any different | 说真的 这跟你要做的 |
[21:40] | from what you want to do? | 到底有什么区别 |
[21:41] | Because my way is protected | 因为我的办法 |
[21:43] | under the letter of the law. | 受到法律条文的保护 |
[21:44] | And we have to pay a 30% return | 那我们就得付三成的利息 |
[21:46] | on something that isn’t worth it. | 这事根本不值得 |
[21:48] | Keeping Max out of prison seems worth it to me. | 不让麦克斯锒铛入狱 我觉得挺值的 |
[21:50] | So instead of fighting with me, | 你别跟我吵了 |
[21:52] | why don’t you start thinking about | 还是赶紧想想 |
[21:53] | where we’re going to get that money? | 我们去哪儿弄这笔钱吧 |
[22:02] | Gavin Andrews. | 盖文·安德鲁斯 |
[22:04] | You must be the guy who wants to be my new lawyer. | 你肯定就是想当我新律师的人了 |
[22:07] | I see you like to cut to the chase. | 看来你喜欢直截了当 |
[22:08] | You ever hear the saying “Time is money”? | 你没听说过”时间就是金钱”吗 |
[22:10] | Well, I got a shitload of one, | 我有钱 |
[22:11] | because I don’t waste the other. | 就是因为我不浪费时间 |
[22:12] | Then why in God’s name are you wasting | 那你到底为什么要在 |
[22:13] | either one of them at a firm like Rand Kaldor? | 兰德·考德这种律所上耗费时间和金钱呢 |
[22:16] | You really want to kick them when they’re down, don’t you? | 你真的很想落井下石是不是 |
[22:17] | This isn’t about them. This is about you. | 这跟他们无关 我问的是你 |
[22:20] | You’ve got routes under siege. You’ve lost gates at LaGuardia. | 你现在四面楚歌 拉瓜迪亚机场也看不上你 |
[22:23] | And if you think Kaldor’s idea of you merging with Delta | 要是你以为听考德的主意 与达美航空合并 |
[22:25] | is the answer to your problems, | 就能解决你的问题 |
[22:26] | then you’re not the man I thought you were. | 那我可真是高估了你 |
[22:29] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[22:30] | You get one case; you handle it right, | 给你个案子 漂亮地解决掉 |
[22:32] | you can have my business. | 我的公司就让你来代理 |
[22:33] | I’m not in the habit of sharing custody of a client. | 我没有和别人一起代理客户的习惯 |
[22:36] | You’re not sharing, because you’re not | 不算一起 因为正式来讲 |
[22:37] | officially my lawyer, and it’s not business; | 你不算我的律师 这也不是生意上的事 |
[22:39] | it’s personal. | 是私事 |
[22:40] | You’re telling me I handle a personal issue for you, | 你是说我给你处理个私人案件 |
[22:42] | off the record, I get your corporate business? | 不上台面 我就能拿到你的公司业务 |
[22:45] | Why would you do that? | 你为什么这么做 |
[22:46] | Because I need someone | 因为我需要个信得过的人 |
[22:47] | I can trust to handle both. | 来处理公事和私事 |
[22:49] | Now before you say anything, if you agree to this, | 在你开口之前 如果你同意的话 |
[22:51] | you’re my guy, not some associate, not another partner. | 我要你处理 不能找别的律师或者合伙人 |
[22:54] | You. | 就是你 |
[22:56] | Okay, I’m in. | 好 我加入 |
[22:59] | And the only thing left for you to do is tell me what you need. | 你现在唯一要做的 就是告诉我你需要什么 |
[23:01] | The truth is, I’m in the middle of a nasty divorce, | 事实上 我正在离婚 十分棘手 |
[23:03] | which had led to an even nastier custody battle. | 已经升级到了更加棘手的监护权争夺战 |
[23:06] | How many kids, and what are their ages? | 几个孩子 都几岁了 |
[23:08] | Just one. | 就一个 |
[23:09] | And she’s 185 years old. | 她185岁了 |
[23:20] | Harvey, I know you’re on your way out, | 哈维 我知道你正要走 |
[23:21] | – but you’re gonna wanna see this. – What is it? | -但你得看看这个 -这是什么 |
[23:24] | – I don’t believe this. – What are you going to do? | -真不敢相信 -你要怎么做 |
[23:27] | What I should have done in the first place. | 做我一开始就该做的事 |
[23:28] | Kick Samantha Wheeler the hell off this case. | 狠狠地把萨曼莎·惠勒踢出这个案子 |
[23:33] | What the hell did you do? | 你到底干了什么 |
[23:35] | I take it Max called you? | 我猜麦克斯给你打电话了吧 |
[23:37] | No, he sent Donna a letter | 没 他给唐娜发了封信 |
[23:38] | formalizing Nick Turner’s transition to CEO | 让尼克·特纳正式接任首席执行官 |
[23:41] | since Max is suddenly leaving the company. | 因为麦克斯突然要离开公司 |
[23:43] | Actually, he’s stepping down | 其实他是要退居幕后 |
[23:46] | to spend more time with his family. | 好花更多时间陪陪家人 |
[23:47] | I don’t give a shit what he’s doing. | 我才不在乎他要干什么 |
[23:49] | I want to know what you did. | 我想知道你都干了些什么 |
[23:50] | I did what you wouldn’t do. | 我做了你不会做的事 |
[23:52] | – Protect the client. – Bullshit. | -保护客户 -胡扯 |
[23:54] | Max agreed to exercise the buyout clause. | 麦克斯同意履行股权收购条款了 |
[23:56] | And yet, he still contacted a criminal defense attorney. | 然而他还是联系了一位刑事辩护律师 |
[24:00] | – What? – He panicked, | -什么 -他慌了神 |
[24:02] | and he wasn’t going to keep his mouth shut, | 他绝不会守口如瓶的 |
[24:03] | and our client was going to go out of business. | 而我们的客户就会破产倒闭 |
[24:06] | So you felt the answer was forcing him out? | 所以你觉得办法就是逼他辞职吗 |
[24:08] | The answer was and always is protect the company. | 我们的目的从始至终都是保护公司 |
[24:11] | And the fact that you were more focused | 而你却对保护麦克斯更加上心 |
[24:13] | on protecting Max than our client | 而不是保护我们的客户 |
[24:14] | is exactly why Robert wanted me to get involved in the first place. | 正因如此 罗伯特最初才想让我插手此事 |
[24:18] | What? | 什么 |
[24:19] | I wasn’t trying to make things better with you. | 我不是要帮你做得更好 |
[24:21] | He wanted me to keep an eye on you. | 他是想让我盯着你 |
[24:26] | You had no right | 你没有权利 |
[24:27] | to force that kid out of his own company. | 逼迫那个孩子退出自己的公司 |
[24:29] | – I didn’t force him out. – Save your bullshit. | -我没有逼他退出 -省省吧你 |
[24:32] | You gave me your word that you weren’t going to be | 你跟我保证过 |
[24:33] | pulling something like this, | 你不会耍这种手段 |
[24:35] | so stay the hell away from my client, | 所以要么离我的客户远点 |
[24:36] | or the next time you make a move behind my back, | 要么下次你再在我背后搞小动作 |
[24:39] | you’ll be finding yourself another job. | 你就得给自己找个新工作了 |
[24:47] | Oh, there he is. How was your day, my king? | 你在这儿 今天过得如何 我的国王 |
[24:52] | Not great, actually. | 说实话 并不好 |
[24:54] | Well, maybe I can release your stress. | 或许我可以缓解你的压力 |
[24:56] | Sheila, wait. We need to talk. | 希拉 等等 我们得谈谈 |
[25:00] | Oh, shoot, you’ve had a hard day. | 算了吧 你今天很累了 |
[25:01] | We can talk later. Right now is– | 我们可以回头再谈 现在我 |
[25:04] | I’m not managing partner. | 我不是经营合伙人 |
[25:09] | What? | 什么 |
[25:10] | I went to Harvey, like I said. | 我像我说的一样去找哈维了 |
[25:12] | Before I could get the words out, | 在我开口之前 |
[25:13] | he said that he had already offered the job to Robert. | 他就说他已经把这个职位给罗伯特了 |
[25:15] | Well, what happened when you told him you wanted the job? | 你告诉他你想要这个职位之后他怎么说 |
[25:18] | I didn’t say I wanted the job. | 我没告诉他我想要 |
[25:21] | Wait, so instead of fighting for what you want, | 等等 所以你没有去争取你想要的 |
[25:26] | you decided to lie to me about getting it? | 而是跑来骗我说你已经得到了这个职位 |
[25:28] | – Oh, Sheila, that’s not fair. – How could you lie to me? | -希拉 这么说不公平 -你怎么能对我撒谎 |
[25:30] | I didn’t. I came here to tell you the truth. | 我没有 我来是想和你实话实说的 |
[25:33] | But you thought I already had the job, | 但你自己以为我得到了职务 |
[25:34] | and you seemed so excited about it. | 而你看起来又那么兴奋 |
[25:35] | Oh, my God. | 天哪 |
[25:37] | That’s why you couldn’t have sex, isn’t it? | 这就是为什么你不愿意和我上床对吧 |
[25:40] | Yes. | 对 |
[25:43] | Yes, so I went to Dr. Lipschitz to talk about it, | 对 所以后来我去找利普希茨医生谈了 |
[25:45] | and you know what he told me? | 你知道他和我说什么吗 |
[25:46] | He told me that I should trust that you love me | 他告诉我我应该相信你是爱我的 |
[25:49] | and that I can tell you the truth. | 而且我可以对你讲实话 |
[25:51] | And I think instead of letting your therapist | 而我觉得与其让你的心理医生 |
[25:53] | convince you to give up your dream, | 说服你放弃你的梦想 |
[25:55] | maybe you should have marched back into Harvey’s office | 不如你昂首挺胸地走进哈维办公室 |
[25:58] | – to take what’s yours. – Sheila, please. | -夺回属于你的东西 -希拉 拜托了 |
[25:59] | I’m not giving up anything. | 我没有放弃任何东西 |
[26:00] | I don’t want to be managing partner. | 我不想当经营合伙人 |
[26:02] | And now you’re not only lying to me, | 现在你不单是在对我撒谎了 |
[26:05] | – you’re lying to yourself. – No, I’m not. | -你还对你自己撒谎 -不 我没有 |
[26:10] | I don’t want managing partner, and you said you love me. | 我不想当经营合伙人 而你说过你爱我 |
[26:14] | Well, this is who I am, | 我就是这样的人 |
[26:16] | and you can either accept that or not, but it’s not changing. | 你可以选择是否接受 但我是不会改变的 |
[26:29] | And it’s understandable for you | 你对你哥哥的关心 |
[26:32] | to be concerned about your brother. | 是可以理解的 |
[26:34] | But… | 但是 |
[26:36] | why do you believe he’s lying to himself? | 你为什么坚信他在对自己撒谎呢 |
[26:40] | Because I know my brother, | 因为我了解我哥哥 |
[26:42] | and I know he wanted that promotion. | 我知道他想要被提拔 |
[26:44] | And I can’t stand seeing him not go after it, | 我不能眼睁睁地看着他放弃 |
[26:47] | just because some crackpot undermined his confidence. | 就因为某个神经病磨灭他的自信 |
[26:51] | And who exactly is this– this crackpot? | 这个“神经病”具体指的是谁呢 |
[26:54] | I’ll tell you who it is. It’s his…mother. | 我可以告诉你是谁 是他…妈 |
[26:58] | Uh, forgive me, but wouldn’t you refer | 原谅我 但是你不是应该 |
[27:01] | to his mother as your mother? | 称呼他的妈妈为你的妈妈吗 |
[27:02] | Well, yes, but… | 对 但是 |
[27:06] | Well, this isn’t about me, I’m trying to– | 因为 这不是关于我的 我只是在 |
[27:07] | Oh, my God, you’re Sheila. | 天哪 你是希拉 |
[27:09] | I can’t believe I didn’t see it before. | 我不敢相信我之前竟然没看出来 |
[27:10] | I’m sorry, but I told you on the phone. | 抱歉 但是我在电话里告诉过你了 |
[27:13] | It is unethical for me to see you without Louis’ permission. | 未经路易允许见你是不符合职业道德的 |
[27:15] | I could care less about your ethics. | 我根本不在乎你的职业道德 |
[27:17] | – Excuse me? – Cut the bullshit, Lipschitz. | -你说什么 -别废话了 利普希茨 |
[27:20] | Louis came to see you after Zane got managing partner, | 路易在赞恩当上经营合伙人之后来找过你 |
[27:23] | and instead of encouraging him to take it back, | 而你非但没有鼓励他把职务夺回来 |
[27:25] | you undermined his confidence. | 反而磨灭了他的自信 |
[27:31] | It’s interesting that you think | 真有意思 |
[27:33] | I’m the one undermining his confidence, because the only times | 你觉得我是那个磨灭他信心的人 |
[27:36] | in his life that Louis has been unable to perform | 因为路易为数不多的几次不在状态 |
[27:39] | have been with you, including most recently | 都是因为和你在一起 包括最近一次 |
[27:42] | when he went to tell you the truth and couldn’t | 当他想和你讲实话的时候 却又不敢说 |
[27:44] | because he was afraid of how you might view him. | 因为他害怕你对他产生什么看法 |
[27:46] | What the hell is that supposed to mean? | 你这话是什么意思 |
[27:48] | It means, as well as you think you know him, | 意思是 或许你觉得你对他很了解 |
[27:51] | he may know you even better. | 但他可能对你更了解 |
[27:53] | Because Louis does not want to be managing partner. | 因为路易不想当经营合伙人 |
[27:55] | And rather than believe him, | 而比起相信他 |
[27:57] | you can only see his admission as cowardice. | 你只愿意把他的坦诚当作懦弱 |
[28:03] | But I don’t understand. | 但我不明白 |
[28:07] | He wanted managing partner once. | 他曾经想当经营合伙人 |
[28:09] | Why would he change his mind now? | 他为什么会改变心意呢 |
[28:10] | Because people are not set in stone. | 因为人不是一成不变的 |
[28:14] | And I suspect something has replaced | 而我猜有什么东西取代了 |
[28:18] | managing partner as his heart’s desire. | 他对经营合伙人的渴望 |
[28:22] | – A baby. – No, Sheila. | -一个孩子 -不 希拉 |
[28:24] | Love. | 是爱情 |
[28:26] | And I don’t think you need me to tell you | 而我想不用我说你也知道 |
[28:28] | Louis Litt would do anything to not lose the woman he loves. | 路易·利特会为了心爱的女人付出一切 |
[28:37] | You know, I had heard about the legendary Donna Paulson | 你知道吗 在我来这很久之前就听说过 |
[28:39] | long before I even got here. | 那个传奇的唐娜·鲍尔森 |
[28:41] | Oh, that’s interesting. | 那倒挺有意思的 |
[28:42] | Because I’ve never heard of you. | 因为我从没听说过你 |
[28:44] | Because that’s how I want it, but you want to be known. | 因为我追求低调 你却想被万众瞩目 |
[28:46] | And I got to tell you, | 而且我得告诉你 |
[28:47] | the reality is a lot more disappointing than the legend. | 现实远比传闻要来得令人失望 |
[28:52] | – Excuse me? – I had a run-in with Harvey | -你说什么 -我和哈维发生了点争执 |
[28:53] | because you went running to him about Max. | 因为你为了麦克斯的事情跑去找了他 |
[28:56] | You’re damn right I did, he deserves to know | 你说得对 我去了 他有权利知道 |
[28:57] | when someone’s operating behind his back. | 有人在他的背后搞小动作 |
[28:59] | And I deserve the chance to tell him | 而我有权利去当面告诉他 |
[29:00] | what’s going on to his face. | 究竟发生了什么 |
[29:02] | Oh, so you’re upset because I beat you to the punch? | 所以你是因为我比你抢先一步而生气咯 |
[29:04] | I’m upset because if you have any issue with me, | 我生气是因为如果你看不惯我 |
[29:06] | you should come to me and not go around me. | 你应该来找我 而不是避开我 |
[29:08] | Like how you went around me to Robert | 就像当初你为了你的报销单 |
[29:10] | for your expense account? | 而避开我去找罗伯特那样吗 |
[29:11] | So that’s what this is really about. | 所以这才是真正的原因 |
[29:12] | No, this is about your behavior with Harvey | 不 这件事起因于你对待哈维 |
[29:15] | and Alex and me and about 100 other things | 对待亚历克斯和我 还有很多其他事的方式 |
[29:17] | that all tell me you don’t care about | 你的行为告诉我 你谁都不在乎 |
[29:19] | anyone here but yourself. | 只在乎你自己 |
[29:20] | If you really think that, | 如果你真的这么认为 |
[29:21] | you know nothing about me, | 那你真是一点都不了解我 |
[29:22] | and I’ll tell you something else. | 我还要告诉你 |
[29:24] | Secretly digging into me isn’t gonna answer your questions. | 偷偷地调查我 是不会解决你的疑问的 |
[29:28] | Yeah, I know you’ve been doing that too. | 是的 我知道你一直在偷偷调查我 |
[29:30] | And I wouldn’t have to | 如果你足够坦率 |
[29:31] | if you’d been upfront about who you are. | 我也犯不着这样 |
[29:33] | You want to know something about me? | 你想知道我的事吗 |
[29:34] | You go ahead and ask. | 直接问我就好了 |
[29:35] | And how should I trust | 我怎么才能确信 |
[29:36] | that I’d get a straight answer? | 你说的是不是真话 |
[29:38] | Because I am on this team now, | 因为我们现在是同一战线 |
[29:40] | and whether you believe it or not, | 不管你信不信 |
[29:41] | I’ve got its best interests at heart. | 我都把律所的最大利益放在心上 |
[29:44] | Well, you got a funny way of showing it. | 你表忠心的方式还真是有意思 |
[29:46] | Because from where I stand, Harvey is the firm, | 因为就我所知 哈维是这家律所的灵魂 |
[29:48] | and you don’t seem to have his back at all. | 但他似乎一点也不支持你 |
[30:03] | Are you enjoying the ballet? | 喜欢今天的芭蕾表演吗 |
[30:05] | I most certainly am, and how about yourself? | 当然 你呢 |
[30:07] | To tell you the truth, Mrs. Andrews, | 说实话 安德鲁斯夫人 |
[30:09] | I wouldn’t be less entertained | 就算是个二流音乐剧 |
[30:10] | if this were a second grade musical. | 我也会很享受 |
[30:12] | Who are you, and what are you doing here? | 你是谁 来这里有何贵干 |
[30:14] | I’m here on behalf of your husband. | 我代表你丈夫来这见你 |
[30:15] | Then you can turn around, and walk right out | 那你现在就可以转身走开了 |
[30:17] | because you can’t contact me without my attorneys present. | 我的律师不在场的情况下 你不能联系我 |
[30:20] | And that would be true, if I was his lawyer, but I’m not. | 如果我是他的律师倒真该这样 但我不是 |
[30:23] | And what exactly did my soon-to-be ex-husband tell you? | 那个即将成为我前夫的男人跟你说了什么 |
[30:26] | That whatever issues you had | 他告诉我 你到底有什么毛病 |
[30:28] | led you to take his prized Renoir and loan it | 为了惹恼他 竟把那幅他珍藏的雷诺阿的画 |
[30:30] | to the Met for the sole purpose of infuriating him. | 拿到大都会艺术博物馆放贷 |
[30:33] | He’s lucky I didn’t burn the damn thing. | 我没烧掉那破玩意儿已经是他三生有幸了 |
[30:35] | All the same, I’m here to convince you to take it back. | 还是一样 我来是为了说服你把画还回来 |
[30:38] | Now, what will it take to get you to join the team? | 怎么才能让你答应我的请求 |
[30:43] | The Villa in Bordeaux, free and clear. | 波尔多的别墅 无条件免费给我 |
[30:46] | And I never want to worry about covering the taxes. | 而且我不想来操心税务问题 |
[30:48] | That’s a big ask. | 这可不是件小事 |
[30:49] | And it’s an expensive painting that I have no interest in, | 但那幅昂贵的画我一点也不感兴趣 |
[30:52] | and he can’t get back without looking like an asshole | 他如果要拿回来 势必会让自己 |
[30:54] | to the kind of people he wants to do business with. | 在今后的生意伙伴面前表现的像个混蛋 |
[30:58] | What? | 怎么了 |
[30:59] | I can see why you don’t really care | 我算是明白了为什么你不怎么在乎 |
[31:00] | if your lawyers are here or not. | 你的律师是不是在这儿 |
[31:02] | So we have a deal? | 那么成交吗 |
[31:09] | We need to talk. | 我们得谈谈 |
[31:11] | Don’t tell me Harvey came to you. | 别告诉我哈维去找你了 |
[31:13] | – He sure did. – What exactly did he say? | -他当然来找我了 -他究竟说了什么 |
[31:17] | I’m not here to talk about what he said. | 我来不是跟你说他说了什么的 |
[31:18] | I’m here to talk about what you’re doing. | 我来是为了谈谈你做的事 |
[31:20] | I’m doing what you asked me to do. | 我做的都是你让我做的事 |
[31:22] | I asked you to help the man, not piss him off. | 我让你帮他 不是气他 |
[31:25] | You asked me to save the client. | 你让我挽留客户 |
[31:27] | This is what it’s going to take, | 这就是挽留客户的代价 |
[31:28] | and since when do you care if I piss someone off? | 而且你什么时候开始关心我惹谁生气了 |
[31:30] | Since you made me promise to | 自从你让我答应 |
[31:31] | put your name up on that wall next. | 接下来要把你的名字挂在那堵墙上 |
[31:33] | Because if you do this, | 因为如果你这么做 |
[31:34] | Harvey’s going to do anything he can | 哈维会尽其所能 |
[31:36] | to stop your name from ever going up on that wall. | 让你的名字永远也挂不到那堵墙上 |
[31:38] | You asked me to do it, Robert. | 是你让我这么做的 罗伯特 |
[31:40] | I can’t take it back. What do you want me to do now? | 木已成舟 现在你让我怎么办 |
[31:43] | Show Harvey what I see in you. | 让哈维看到 我看到的你身上的潜质 |
[31:46] | Whatever happens along the way, when push comes to shove, | 不论发生什么 就算到了最紧要的关头 |
[31:50] | you will never let him down. | 你也不会让他失望 |
[32:04] | Am I interrupting? | 打扰到你了吗 |
[32:05] | Sheila, what are you doing here? | 希拉 你来这儿干什么 |
[32:07] | Well, I realized, that… | 我意识到 |
[32:10] | that you’ve been to my office a lot recently, | 最近你经常来我办公室 |
[32:13] | but I haven’t come to yours in a long time. | 但我很久没来你办公室了 |
[32:17] | Well, I know it’s not the office that you… | 我知道这间办公室… |
[32:21] | wanted for me. | 不是你想让我待的那间 |
[32:22] | It’s the perfect office, Louis. | 这是间完美的办公室 路易 |
[32:25] | And you are the perfect man. | 你是最完美的男人 |
[32:30] | And I’m sorry if I made you feel | 如果我让你觉得我心里有别的想法 |
[32:31] | like I ever thought differently. | 我想说声抱歉 |
[32:34] | So you don’t think I’m weak | 所以我不想当经营合伙人 |
[32:35] | for not wanting to be managing partner? | 你也不会觉得我软弱无能 |
[32:37] | No, I don’t. | 不 我不这么想 |
[32:40] | And the reason I got so upset | 我生气的原因 |
[32:41] | wasn’t because I think you’re weak. | 并不是因为我觉得你软弱无能 |
[32:43] | It’s that I thought Harvey and Robert Zane | 而是因为我觉得哈维和罗伯特·赞恩有眼无珠 |
[32:46] | didn’t even value you enough to hear you out. | 不听你说完你的话是他们的损失 |
[32:50] | – No, they didn’t. – And on top of that, | -他们确实有眼无珠 -除此之外 |
[32:51] | you were so excited to go in there and make your case. | 你当时那么想进去 做一番自己的事业 |
[32:54] | – Yes, I was. – So what happened? | -是的 -所以到底怎么了 |
[32:57] | – I went in to see Harvey. – And what? | -我进去和哈维见面 -然后呢 |
[33:02] | He didn’t even give me the goddamn time of day. | 他甚至没给我任何时间 |
[33:04] | Okay, Louis, I’m not trying to get you worked up. | 路易 我不是来激励你的 |
[33:06] | Because I’m telling you, | 因为我告诉你 |
[33:07] | I don’t need you to be managing partner. | 我不需要你成为经营合伙人 |
[33:09] | No, and I don’t need it either, but what I do need | 我也不需要 但我确实需要 |
[33:11] | is to be given the common courtesy | 他们能以基本礼节对待我 |
[33:12] | of being treated like an equal. | 让我觉得我被平等对待 |
[33:14] | So what are you going to do? | 那你接下来要怎么办 |
[33:18] | Well, the first thing I’m going to do | 我要做的第一件事 |
[33:19] | is go home right now and | 就是马上回家 |
[33:19] | do what I couldn’t do the other day. | 做我那天没能做成的事 |
[33:22] | Then tomorrow, first thing, I’m going to go tell Robert Zane | 那明天一早 我就去告诉罗伯特·赞恩 |
[33:24] | and Harvey Specter that there are three names on that wall, | 还有哈维·斯佩克特墙上有三个名字 |
[33:27] | and one of them deserves some goddamn respect. | 其中一个需要得到更多尊重 |
[33:32] | Okay. | 好 |
[33:34] | I got your mysterious message about meeting in here. | 收到你要在这里见面的神秘短信了 |
[33:37] | What’s going on? | 怎么了 |
[33:39] | Did you find something out about Samantha? | 你找到萨曼莎的什么信息了吗 |
[33:41] | – She did. – What are you doing here? | -她找到了 -你来干什么 |
[33:43] | She’s here because like you, | 她来是因为 我和你一样 |
[33:44] | I got a lot of conflicting information. | 找到了不少矛盾信息 |
[33:47] | She’s the only person I know | 她是唯一一个我知道的 |
[33:48] | that’s had direct experience with Samantha. | 和萨曼莎正面交锋过的人 |
[33:53] | Well? | 那么 |
[33:54] | People either love her or are afraid of her. | 认识她的人不是爱她就是怕她 |
[33:56] | But anyone who’s ever used her says the same thing. | 但所有用过她的人都说过 |
[33:59] | She is as good as they come. | 她一点也不比他们差 |
[34:00] | And when the chips are down, you want her in your corner. | 战场上见面 他们不想与她为敌 |
[34:04] | Do you think she’s in our corner? | 那现在我们是敌是友 |
[34:06] | I guess that depends on whether or not | 我想那取决于 |
[34:07] | Robert and Harvey are in the same corner. | 罗伯特和哈维是敌是友了 |
[34:24] | I know you’re not in the mood. | 我知道你现在没心情 |
[34:25] | I just want to explain what happened with Max Louden. | 我只是想解释一下麦克斯·劳登的事 |
[34:28] | I know what happened. You blackmailed him. | 我知道事情经过 你勒索了他 |
[34:29] | – I did not blackmail him. – Then what did you do? | -我没有 -那你干什么了 |
[34:33] | I asked myself, how the hell did Nick pull this shit | 我问自己 一开始尼克到底是怎么 |
[34:36] | on Max in the first place? He’s not an idiot. | 骗到麦克斯的 他可不是白痴 |
[34:39] | He must have been distracted. | 他肯定是分神了 |
[34:40] | What difference does that make? | 有区别吗 |
[34:41] | The difference is, Max was distracted | 区别在于 麦克斯分神 |
[34:44] | with his sister who has cancer. | 是因为他妹妹得了癌症 |
[34:46] | So I pulled some strings, got her into a trial, | 所以我找了关系 让她用了试验疗法 |
[34:48] | and he was more than happy to step down. | 他就很乐意下台了 |
[34:51] | Okay, so you didn’t boot him out the way I thought. | 好吧 所以你没勒索他 |
[34:54] | What’s going to stop Nick Turner | 那我们怎么防止尼克·特纳 |
[34:55] | from putting us in this position again? | 再让我们陷入这个境地呢 |
[34:57] | What would have stopped him your way? | 用你的方式又怎么做到 |
[34:59] | Max would’ve. | 麦克斯就能做到 |
[35:00] | That was the reason I wanted to back him. | 所以我才想帮他 |
[35:03] | Well, this isn’t Max, but maybe it will do. | 这不是麦克斯 但或许也有用 |
[35:13] | Let me guess, you want to be the one to do it. | 我猜猜 你想做这件事 |
[35:14] | No, I don’t. He’s your client; you do it. | 不 我不想 他是你的客户 你去做 |
[35:17] | Unless, of course, you need me to hold your hand. | 当然除非 你需要我帮忙 |
[35:21] | I’m pretty sure I can take care of this myself. | 我很确定我自己就能处理 |
[35:27] | This is nice work, Samantha. | 干得好 萨曼莎 |
[35:31] | I just want to be part of the team. | 我只是想融入团队 |
[35:36] | You know, the place is really starting to come together. | 这地方造得有点样子了 |
[35:39] | Doesn’t look any different than the last time you saw it. | 和你上次看到的也没什么区别 |
[35:42] | I know, I just figured you’re a bullshit artist, | 我知道 我才发现你是个骗术大师 |
[35:44] | so you’d probably appreciate | 所以也许你会喜欢 |
[35:46] | a little smoke blown up your ass. | 别人拍拍你的马屁 |
[35:48] | – Excuse me? – Okay, have it your way. | -什么 -好吧 按你的方式来 |
[35:50] | We’ll cut the bullshit and get to the part | 我们就别胡扯了 直接谈谈 |
[35:52] | where you defrauded your investors to pay for this place. | 你诈骗投资人 让他们出资建造这里的事吧 |
[35:55] | – I didn’t– – And before you even lie to me about it, | -我没有 -在你骗我之前 |
[35:58] | why don’t you start thanking me for getting you out of it? | 不如先感谢我救了你吧 |
[36:01] | – You got me new funding? – I did. Of course, to do that, | -你给我拉到新的投资了 -当然 为此 |
[36:04] | I had to let the bank in on your IPO plans. | 我就得让银行知道你的首次公开募股计划 |
[36:06] | I don’t have any IPO plans. | 我没有首次公开募股计划 |
[36:09] | You do now. | 你现在有了 |
[36:11] | I get it. | 我懂了 |
[36:13] | Once we’re publicly traded, I’ll have a board of directors, | 一旦我们上市交易 我就有了董事会 |
[36:15] | and they’ll have full access to my books. | 他们就能看到我的账本了 |
[36:17] | Which means I hope you enjoyed breaking the law once, | 所以希望你很享受这次违法 |
[36:20] | because it’s never going to happen again. | 因为没有下次了 |
[36:22] | And what if I say no, and then I fire you? | 要是我拒绝 然后解雇你呢 |
[36:25] | Well, then you end up in prison, | 那你就会入狱 |
[36:26] | which happens 99% of the time in cases like this anyway. | 本来做这种事99%也都是这个下场 |
[36:29] | What happens the other 1% of the time? | 那剩下的1%呢 |
[36:31] | You’re looking at him. And trust me, Nick. | 就在你面前 相信我 尼克 |
[36:34] | A guy who can do what I did, you want him on your team. | 最好不要 和像我这样有能力的人为敌 |
[36:42] | I’ll be in touch. | 再联系 |
[36:49] | Harvey, you look like the cat that ate the canary. | 哈维 你看起来像那只吃了金丝雀的猫 |
[36:53] | More like the man who took care of business. | 不如说是办妥了事的男人 |
[36:55] | – So you got it done? – Samantha got it done. | -那你办妥了是吗 -是萨曼莎办妥的 |
[36:57] | – Does that mean we’re good? – It means the next time | -那我们和好了吗 -这意味着下次 |
[37:00] | you’re worried about how I handle my clients, | 你再担心我处理客户事务的方式时 |
[37:02] | tell me to my face. | 当面告诉我 |
[37:04] | Fair enough. | 没问题 |
[37:05] | And how about Samantha? You good with her? | 那萨曼莎呢 你和她和好了吗 |
[37:07] | I wouldn’t go throwing a ticker tape parade just yet, | 还没好到那个地步 |
[37:10] | but yeah, I admit, I’m starting to see what you see in her. | 但确实 我开始看到她的潜力了 |
[37:14] | Well, that’s all I was hoping for. | 我别无他求 |
[37:17] | Which means now, I can tell you why I was hoping it. | 也就是说 我可以告诉你为什么了 |
[37:20] | What’s going on? What haven’t you told me? | 怎么了 你还有什么没告诉我的 |
[37:24] | That her name goes up on the wall next. | 下一个当冠名合伙人的是她 |
[37:26] | And before you say anything, I gave her my word. | 在你开口之前 我已经向她保证过了 |
[37:29] | – Listen, Robert– – Whatever it is | -罗伯特 -不管 |
[37:31] | you’re about to say, it’s going to have to wait, | 你要说什么 都得等等 |
[37:33] | because the three of us are going to have a little talk | 因为我们三个现在必须要 |
[37:34] | about something right the hell now. | 谈一件重要的事 |
[37:36] | – What’s going on, Louis? – I’ll tell you what it is. | -怎么了 路易 -我告诉你怎么了 |
[37:38] | The two of you decided who’s running this firm | 你们俩自己决定了谁要管理律所 |
[37:40] | without including me in the conversation. | 根本没跟我谈过 |
[37:42] | What are you talking about? You signed the agreement. | 你说什么呢 你签了协议的 |
[37:44] | The agreement that you drew up, | 你起草的协议 |
[37:45] | and just expected me to be okay with. | 并且觉得我完全不会有意见 |
[37:47] | You’re saying that you want to be managing partner? | 你是说你想当经营合伙人吗 |
[37:49] | No, Robbie. | 不 老罗 |
[37:51] | But you wouldn’t know that, because you never asked, | 但你当然不知道 因为你就没问过我 |
[37:53] | and I will not be the third wheel | 我拒绝因为我的名字在最后 |
[37:55] | just because my name comes last. | 就被你们架空 |
[37:57] | No one thinks of you as a third wheel, Louis. | 没人想架空你 路易 |
[37:59] | Oh, really? | 是吗 |
[38:00] | Because you wouldn’t be here if it weren’t for me, | 因为要不是我 你也不会在这里 |
[38:02] | and you wouldn’t have a firm at all if it weren’t for me. | 要不是我 你也不会有律所了 |
[38:06] | I saved both your fucking asses, | 我救了你们的小命 |
[38:08] | and not only didn’t you think to thank me, | 而你们不但没感谢我 |
[38:10] | as far as I can tell, you didn’t even clock what I did. | 就我感觉 你们都不记得我干了这些 |
[38:14] | Now, I am a partner just as much as you, | 我和你们一样都是合伙人 |
[38:16] | and I am done having to remind you of that. | 我已经受够不停提醒你们了 |
[38:19] | So the next time there’s a decision to be made, guys, | 所以下次再需要做决定 二位 |
[38:21] | you better pull up a seat for me at that table, | 你们最好谈判桌上给我留个位子 |
[38:24] | or I swear to God, I will break the whole goddamn thing in two. | 否则我发誓 我会把桌子砸了 |
[38:28] | Any questions? | 还有问题吗 |
[38:30] | No, Louis, no questions. | 没有 路易 没问题 |
[38:33] | Good. | 很好 |
[38:41] | Looks like you’re not the only one | 看来你不是唯一一个 |
[38:42] | I’m going to have to make good with. | 我需要搞好关系的人了 |
[38:44] | But what were you talking about | 但是他冲进来前 |
[38:45] | before he came storming in here? | 你在说什么 |
[38:47] | It doesn’t matter, what matters is | 不重要了 重要的是 |
[38:50] | what are we going to do about Louis? | 你要怎么处理路易的事 |
[38:59] | – Beautiful girls. – They take after their mother. | -小姑娘真美 -因为妈妈美 |
[39:02] | Hm, well, I hear their father | 我听说他们爸爸 |
[39:03] | is going after Starboard Airlines. | 正在抢右舷航空公司 |
[39:05] | – Where’d you hear that? – I’ll take that as a yes. | -从哪听说的 -我就当你承认了 |
[39:08] | – And what if I am? – If I were you, I’d stop. | -要是没错呢 -换做我 我就会停手 |
[39:12] | And if I were me, I’d say you’re only saying that | 换做我 我会说 你之所以这么说 |
[39:14] | because they used to be your client, | 是因为他们曾经是你的客户 |
[39:16] | and you’re not going to like how it looks | 你觉得他们现在成为我的客户 |
[39:17] | when they become mine. | 你会没面子 |
[39:18] | I’m saying that because Gavin Andrews | 我这么说是因为盖文·安德鲁斯 |
[39:21] | is a hell of a lot more than meets the eye, | 不只是表面上那样 |
[39:23] | and the guy isn’t worth the trouble. | 那家伙不值得费那么多麻烦 |
[39:24] | What kind of trouble? | 什么麻烦 |
[39:26] | Let’s just say I would have thought a guy with your history | 这么说吧 你的老底还在那 |
[39:30] | would want to be more careful about who he gets into bed with. | 我还以为你会在他跟谁合作这件事上更谨慎些 |
[39:33] | What the hell are you doing looking into my history? | 你调查我的背景干什么 |
[39:35] | I’m doing what you should be doing with him. | 我做的是你该对他做 但你没做的事 |
[39:38] | Then tell me what you’re talking about, | 那告诉我你指的是什么事 |
[39:39] | or get out of my goddamn office | 否则离开我的办公室 |
[39:41] | because I’ve got a client to sign. | 因为我还有客户要签 |
[39:44] | Sorry to bother you, Alex. Good luck with that client. | 抱歉打扰 亚历克斯 祝你签客户顺利 |
[40:04] | – There’s my lion. – Are you naked under there? | -这才是我的雄狮 -你现在是真空吗 |
[40:09] | This is my sex robe, isn’t it? | 这是我的爱爱睡袍 不是吗 |
[40:11] | Yeah, of course, I would recognize that anywhere, | 当然了 化成灰我都认得 |
[40:12] | but Sheila, where is this coming from? | 但是希拉 这是刮的什么风 |
[40:14] | It’s coming from right there. | 刮的这阵风 |
[40:20] | 我们记得你 哈维 罗伯特 | |
[40:24] | – Oh, my God, they heard me. – They heard you roar. | -天哪 他们听了我的话 -是你的咆哮 |
[40:28] | – Because you are a lion. – I am, aren’t I? | -因为你是头雄狮 -我确实是 对吧 |
[40:31] | Yes, you are. | 没错 |
[40:33] | And you should know that you’re not the only one with a clock. | 而且被记住的不只是你 |
[40:37] | The dean gave you a clock today, too? | 院长今天也表扬你了 对吗 |
[40:39] | Not that kind of clock. I have an internal clock. | 不是那个 是我的生物钟 |
[40:43] | Sheila, are you saying what I think you’re saying? | 希拉 你这话是我想的意思吗 |
[40:45] | Yes, I am, because when I told you | 是的 因为当我告诉你 |
[40:48] | you’re the perfect man, Louis Litt, | 你是完美男人时 路易·利特 |
[40:51] | I meant it. | 我是认真的 |
[40:53] | And I want to make a perfect baby with you. | 我想跟你要个完美的孩子 |
[41:01] | – Are you sure? – Absolutely. | -你确定吗 -确定 |
[41:03] | And I don’t want to just pull the goalie. | 我不想只是停止预防措施 |
[41:07] | I want to start trying. | 我想开始尝试 |
[41:09] | And I want to start trying right now. | 我想现在就开始尝试 |
[41:12] | This is incredible. | 太不可思议了 |
[41:16] | – Can we still do it dirty? – Of course. | -我们还是可以玩点刺激的吧 -当然 |
[41:19] | Why couldn’t we do it dirty? | 为什么不行 |
[41:20] | Because I don’t want our son to think of us that way. | 因为我不希望咱儿子对我们有想法 |
[41:21] | Louis, our unborn son will be a Litt. | 路易 我们还没出生的儿子会是个小利特 |
[41:25] | He’ll respect us for being dirty. | 他会尊重我们玩刺激游戏 |
[41:27] | You’re 100% right, we can be as filthy as we want. | 一点没错 我们想怎么刺激都行 |
[41:29] | – I’ll get the bananas. – What are you, crazy? | -我去拿香蕉 -你是疯了吗 |
[41:32] | You’re going to be the mother of my child. | 你是要当妈妈的人 |
[41:33] | I’ll get the bananas. | 我去拿 |
[41:45] | You know, the elevators come a lot faster | 你要真的把按钮按下去 |
[41:47] | when you actually call them. | 电梯才能快一点 |
[41:49] | I was just thinking. | 我只是在思考 |
[41:51] | Well, I wanted to let you know that I finished | 我想告诉你 我已经停止 |
[41:53] | checking on Samantha. | 调查萨曼莎了 |
[41:56] | And? | 然后呢 |
[41:57] | As far as I can tell, she may not be Mother Teresa, | 就我看 虽然她不是圣人 |
[42:00] | but she’s an asset to the team. | 但她对团队很有价值 |
[42:02] | I guess that depends on who the team is. | 我想那取决于这是谁的团队 |
[42:04] | – What do you mean? – Zane promised Samantha | -什么意思 -赞恩许诺了萨曼莎 |
[42:06] | she’d be the next name partner. | 接下来让她的名字上墙 |
[42:09] | And did you tell him that you made the same promise to Alex? | 你跟他说你也答应亚历克斯了吗 |
[42:12] | No, I didn’t. | 没有 |
[42:13] | Harvey, you can’t put them both up at the same time. | 哈维 你不能让他们同时上墙 |
[42:15] | It’ll dilute the promotion for both of them. | 这会让他们二人的升职都贬值 |
[42:18] | I know. | 我知道 |
[42:21] | So what are you going to do? | 那你什么打算 |
[42:23] | I’m going to do what Jessica would. | 我要做杰西卡会做的事 |
[42:25] | I’m going to go home, make myself a drink, | 我要回家 给自己倒杯酒 |
[42:28] | and figure out how to get my way. | 然后想想怎么让事情按我想的来 |