时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:02] | I thought it might be nice to get out there | 也许我们可以一起玩玩 |
[00:03] | and get to know each other. | 增进彼此间的了解 |
[00:04] | I think what you really mean | 我觉得你真正想说的是 |
[00:05] | is you’d like to impress the new managing partner. | 你想给新的经营合伙人留个好印象 |
[00:07] | And what if I did? | 要是我真是这么想的呢 |
[00:08] | You wanna impress me? | 如果你想给我留下好印象 |
[00:09] | Do it with a big, fat client. | 给我找一个油水足的大客户来 |
[00:11] | Zane promised Samantha she’d be the next Name Partner. | 赞恩许诺了萨曼莎 接下来让她的名字上墙 |
[00:14] | And did you tell him that you made the same promise to Alex? | 你跟他说你也答应亚历克斯了吗 |
[00:16] | No, I didn’t. | 没有 |
[00:17] | You wanna take me on, | 想跟我较量 |
[00:18] | you go for it, ’cause I didn’t get where I am | 你尽管来 我能坐上这个位置 |
[00:19] | by letting people like you push me around. | 可不是因为我会被你这样的人摆布 |
[00:21] | David Fox wants a fight and I’m gonna give him one. | 大卫·福克斯想挑事 那我就奉陪 |
[00:24] | A fight about what? | 他要挑什么事 |
[00:25] | He doesn’t want to pay our cleaning woman overtime. | 他不想给清洁女工付加班费 |
[00:27] | Harvey, this isn’t what we do. | 哈维 我们不接这种案子 |
[00:28] | Mike would have done it. | 迈克就会这么做 |
[00:29] | And Mike’s not here anymore | 迈克已经不在这了 |
[00:30] | because he finally came to terms with the fact | 因为他终于接受了事实 |
[00:32] | that this isn’t what we do. | 我们的主业并不是这种案子 |
[00:33] | I’m not gonna let us start losing clients | 我是不会仅仅因为你觉得 |
[00:34] | because you decided the cleaning staff | 清洁工人比律所的需要还重要 |
[00:35] | is more important than the needs of this firm. | 就让我们产生客户流失的 |
[00:38] | I didn’t do anything that you didn’t sign off on. | 我没做任何你没批准的事 |
[00:40] | That’s enough. You don’t go to war | 够了 你不能因为这种小事 |
[00:41] | with the guy that owns your house over something like this. | 就和这栋楼的主人开战 |
[00:43] | End it, and end it today. | 把它了结掉 今天就要解决 |
[00:45] | I wanna make a perfect baby with you. | 我想跟你要个完美的孩子 |
[00:47] | – Are you sure? – Absolutely. | -你确定吗 -确定 |
[00:49] | And I don’t want to just pull the goalie. | 我不想只是停止预防措施 |
[00:51] | I want to start trying, | 我想努力尝试 |
[00:52] | and I want to start trying right now. | 我想现在就开始尝试 |
[00:54] | Do you remember when you told me, you promised Samantha | 你还记得你之前告诉我 你答应萨曼莎 |
[00:56] | – her name would go up next? – I did. | -她会成为下一个冠名合伙人 -记得 |
[00:58] | I made Alex the same promise. | 我也向亚历克斯承诺过 |
[00:59] | Then I guess there’s only one thing to do. | 那在我看来只有一个办法 |
[01:01] | Kick the can down the road. | 踢皮球 |
[01:03] | I know you think we’re in competition for the same thing, | 我知道你认为我们是在竞争同一件事 |
[01:05] | but we’re not. | 但不是的 |
[01:06] | Robert Zane made me a promise. | 罗伯特·赞恩对我做出了承诺 |
[01:08] | The next name that goes up on the wall is mine. | 我会是下一个冠名合伙人 |
[01:13] | Bunny rabbit goes around the tree once… | 小兔子绕树跳了一圈 |
[01:16] | bunny rabbit goes around the tree twice… | 小兔子绕树跳了两圈 |
[01:19] | And I say bunny rabbit, bunny rabbit, wanna play nice? | 小兔子 小兔子 想来点好玩的吗 |
[01:23] | Sheila, what are you doing? | 希拉 你在做什么 |
[01:24] | I’m hunting “Wabbits.” | 我在”守株待兔” |
[01:25] | No, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no. | 不不不不不 |
[01:27] | Not Fudd. | 别提爱发先生 |
[01:28] | You know I can’t resist Elmer Fudd. | 你知道我无法拒绝爱发先生 |
[01:30] | Why would you want to? | 为什么要拒绝呢 |
[01:31] | Oh, my God, Shelia, i cannot right now. | 我的天 希拉 现在不行 |
[01:34] | Why not? | 为什么 |
[01:35] | Because I have a client meeting, | 因为我要跟客户开会 |
[01:37] | and it’s not just me. Zane’s coming too. | 不只是我 赞恩也来 |
[01:39] | So whatever you had in mind, it’s going to have to wait. | 所以无论你想做什么 都要等一下 |
[01:42] | All right. | 好吧 |
[01:43] | I didn’t want to have to do this, but… | 我不想这么做 但是 |
[01:47] | I’m fertile… | 我正在排卵期 |
[01:49] | and I am ripe for the picking. | 我成熟的小卵子正等着挑选 |
[01:53] | So I don’t care whether you have a meeting or not. | 所以我不管你要不要开会 |
[01:56] | I’m going to need your Johnny Appleseed. | 我需要你给我”播种” |
[01:59] | Sheila, you know if there’s one thing | 希拉 你知道 |
[02:00] | that revs me up more than Elmer Fudd | 比爱发先生更能挑逗我的 |
[02:02] | it’s American folk heroes. | 就是美国神话英雄了 |
[02:03] | Then I think it’s time for Paul Bunyan | 我想是时候让保罗·班杨拿出斧子 |
[02:04] | to march across that forest and take out his axe. | 向森林进军了 |
[02:07] | Oh, I’m gonna do more than that. | 我要来点更猛的 |
[02:08] | – You wouldn’t. – I would, | -不要 -我就要 |
[02:10] | because it’s time for John Henry to swing the mighty hammer. | 是时候让约翰·亨利摇起他威猛的铁锤了 |
[02:18] | Did you know? | 你知道了吗 |
[02:21] | – Know what? – That Zane promised Samantha | -知道什么 -萨曼莎得到了赞恩的保证 |
[02:23] | she was the next Name Partner. | 她会是下一个冠名合伙人 |
[02:24] | Alex, let’s go back up to my office. | 亚历克斯 来我的办公室 |
[02:26] | Sounds like you could use a drink. | 看起来你得喝一杯 |
[02:27] | What I could use is some God damn honesty. | 我只想要你坦白地告诉我 |
[02:29] | – Did you know? – Yeah, I knew. | -你知道这件事吗 -我知道 |
[02:32] | Then why the hell didn’t you tell me? | 那你为什么不告诉我 |
[02:34] | Because no one’s deciding anything right now | 因为还没有人作出决定 |
[02:35] | and I didn’t want to upset you for no reason. | 我不想无缘无故让你烦恼 |
[02:37] | No reason? Zane promised his right hand– | 无缘无故吗 赞恩已经答应他的副手… |
[02:39] | I know what he promised. | 我知道他作出保证了 |
[02:40] | But look, you got me and you got Louis. | 但你还有我和路易 |
[02:42] | That’s two against one. | 二比一 |
[02:44] | When the time is right, we’ll out-vote him. | 等时机成熟 少数服从多数 |
[02:46] | And when exactly is the time going to be right? | 到底何时算时机成熟 |
[02:47] | Six months? A year? Three years? | 半年 一年 还是三年 |
[02:49] | – Alex– – No, Harvey, I want to know | -亚历克斯 -不 哈维 我要知道 |
[02:51] | when you’re planning on getting the balls | 你到底什么时候 |
[02:52] | to stand up to that man and what exactly | 才有胆量去对抗赞恩 |
[02:54] | I’m supposed to do in the meantime. | 还有与此同时我该做什么 |
[02:55] | I’ll tell you what you’re supposed to do. | 我来告诉你该做什么 |
[02:56] | You’re supposed to have faith and sit tight. | 你应该有信心 坐观其变 |
[02:58] | And if you were in my position, would you sit tight? | 如果换位思考 你还坐得住吗 |
[03:02] | It may not be easy but, yeah, I would. | 可能不容易 但我会那么做 |
[03:04] | That’s funny, because I recall you were in a similar position | 真可笑 我还记得你几年前和我处境相似 |
[03:06] | years ago with Jessica, and instead of sitting tight, | 那时是你和杰西卡 比起坐观其变 |
[03:09] | you came to me looking for another job. | 你直接让我给你介绍另一份工作 |
[03:23] | – Robert, how’s Wayne? – I’ll tell you how he is. | -罗伯特 韦恩怎么样 -我来告诉你 |
[03:25] | He’s getting sued, and he wants to know | 他被告了 他想知道 |
[03:26] | – why his lawyer’s not here. – All right, | -他的律师跑哪儿去了 -好吧 |
[03:28] | just hold down the fort for ten more minutes, I’m almost there. | 再等十分钟 我马上到了 |
[03:30] | I didn’t ask you when you’d get here, | 我没问你什么时候到 |
[03:31] | Louis I asked you where you were. | 路易 我问你之前去哪了 |
[03:33] | That’s, kind of personal. | 那是私事 |
[03:34] | Well, I feel kind of bad about that, Louis, | 我觉得不太好 路易 |
[03:36] | but I’ve been standing here with nothing | 过去半小时 我什么都没干 |
[03:37] | but my dick in my hand for the last 30 minutes. | 就站在这干等了 |
[03:39] | All right, well, if you wanna know, | 好吧 如果你非要知道的话 |
[03:40] | Sheila and I are trying to have a baby | 希拉和我想要个孩子 |
[03:42] | and she’s not getting any younger, | 但她不再年轻了 |
[03:43] | and we’re just trying to take advantage of any opportunity we can. | 所以我们要抓住每一次机会 |
[03:45] | Why didn’t you say so? | 你怎么不早说 |
[03:47] | Just get here as fast as you can. | 赶紧过来吧 |
[03:48] | Like I said, I’ll see you in ten. | 我说了 十分钟后见 |
[03:51] | – Hey, buddy. – Yeah? | -兄弟 -怎么了 |
[03:52] | You know where a Rite Aid is around here? | 你知道这附近哪有来爱德吗 |
[03:53] | No, I’m sorry, I’m actually not from around here– | 抱歉 我也不是这附近的人 |
[03:55] | I don’t give a shit where you live. | 我才不管你住哪里 |
[03:57] | Do what I say and you won’t get shot. | 照我说的做 否则就吃枪子儿吧 |
[03:59] | – You feel me? – Yeah, I feel you, | -感觉到了吗 -是的 感觉到了 |
[03:59] | – I feel you, I feel you. – Good, let’s walk. | -感觉到了 感觉到了 -很好 走吧 |
[04:09] | Get on the ground, and don’t you fucking look at me. | 趴到地上 不准看我 |
[04:11] | – Okay, okay. – Wallet and phone. | -好 好 -钱包和手机交出来 |
[04:16] | – Where’s the phone? – There’s $1,000 in there, | -手机呢 -钱包里有一千美元 |
[04:18] | is that–is that not enough? | 那些还不够吗 |
[04:19] | You think we’re negotiating, here? | 你还想讨价还价是吗 |
[04:21] | No, no, no, it’s just that there–there’s pictures | 不不 只是手机里有些照片 |
[04:22] | on my phone that I haven’t backed up. | 我还没来得及备份 |
[04:23] | I don’t give a shit! | 关我屁事 |
[04:29] | Here’s my phone. | 手机给你 |
[04:35] | Stay down. | 趴下 |
[04:36] | Don’t even move. | 不准动 |
[04:54] | ♪ Get another piece of pie for your wife ♪ | *给你太太再拿块馅饼* |
[04:57] | ♪ Everybody wanna know how it feel ♪ | *所有人都想知道那感觉* |
[05:00] | ♪ Everybody wanna see what it’s like ♪ | *所有人都想见见那景象* |
[05:04] | ♪ I’ll even eat a bean pie, I don’t mind ♪ | *豆子馅饼我也愿吃 我不在乎* |
[05:07] | ♪ Me and Missy is so busy, busy making money ♪ | *我和妹子忙着赚钱* |
[05:11] | ♪ All right ♪ | *好了* |
[05:12] | ♪ All step back, I’m ’bout to dance ♪ | *退开点 我要跳舞* |
[05:18] | ♪ The greenback boogie ♪ | *美钞爵士摇摇摇* |
[05:27] | Shit… | 该死 |
[05:29] | Louis, aren’t you supposed to be out with Robert Zane? | 路易 你不是应该和罗伯特·赞恩出去吗 |
[05:32] | I swear, if you cancelled that dinner | 我发誓 如果你像上次那样 |
[05:34] | because they ran out of paprika like last time I– | 因为他们没有辣椒粉而取消晚餐的话 |
[05:37] | Oh, my God. What happened, Louis? | 我的天哪 怎么回事 路易 |
[05:39] | – Nothing. – Nothing? | -没什么 -这还叫没什么 |
[05:40] | You look like you’ve been hit by a car. | 你看上去跟被车撞了一样 |
[05:42] | A guy took my wallet and my phone. | 一个男的抢了我的钱包和手机 |
[05:45] | I didn’t know what to do, so I–I came here. | 我不知道该怎么办 所以来这儿了 |
[05:48] | All right, I’m calling Sheila and then Robert and– | 好吧 我先给希拉打电话 然后罗伯特 |
[05:50] | You’re not calling anyone, Gretchen. | 你谁也不许联系 格蕾琴 |
[05:53] | I don’t want Robert to know. | 我不希望罗伯特知道 |
[05:54] | You have to tell him what happened. | 你得告诉他发生了什么 |
[05:55] | I can’t. | 我不能 |
[05:58] | – Why not? – Because he’s my new managing partner | -为什么 -因为他是新的经营合伙人 |
[06:00] | and I do not want him to know that I am weak. | 我不希望他认为我是个怂货 |
[06:02] | Louis, you are not weak. | 路易 你不怂 |
[06:04] | It could have happened to anybody. | 谁都可能遇到这事 |
[06:05] | – it could have happened to him. – Yeah, but it didn’t. | -罗伯特也可能遇上 -是啊 但并没有 |
[06:07] | It happened to me, and that’s why I don’t want to tell him. | 我却碰上了 所以我不想告诉他 |
[06:09] | Well, what are you gonna do? | 你打算怎么办 |
[06:10] | ‘Cause he’s gonna wanna know why you didn’t show up to that meeting. | 他肯定会问你 为什么没出席会议 |
[06:12] | I’m going to let him– | 我就让他 |
[06:13] | think what he already thinks. | 爱怎么想怎么想吧 |
[06:14] | That Sheila and I were trying to have a child, | 希拉和我打算要孩子 |
[06:16] | it took longer than we thought– | 他可能会以为我们比计划多花了些时间 |
[06:17] | – Louis. – Gretchen, I’m done talking about this. | -路易 -格雷琴 我不想再说了 |
[06:19] | Can you just please let me be? | 放我一马可以吗 |
[06:21] | Okay, Louis, I won’t tell anybody. | 好吧 路易 我不告诉别人 |
[06:23] | I’m not going anywhere until we patch you up. | 但处理好伤口前我也不会离开 |
[06:38] | If you’re not careful, the bagel guy’s | 如果你不小心 卖百吉饼的那家伙 |
[06:39] | going to figure out you’re cheating on him. | 会发现你在外面吃别人的饼 |
[06:41] | – Who says this isn’t a bagel? – Same person who says | -谁说这不是百吉饼了 -那个说 |
[06:43] | you’ve got the sense of humor of a five-year-old. | 你只有五岁小孩幽默感的人 |
[06:45] | I am so going to pull your pigtails at recess. | 我要在下课的时候揪你的小辫子 |
[06:47] | Okay, do you want to keep going, | 你是想接着拌嘴 |
[06:48] | or can I ask you a serious question? | 还是让我问个正经问题 |
[06:50] | – You want the truth? – No. | -你想听实话吗 -不 |
[06:52] | I want to talk to you about doing more pro bonos. | 我想让你多接些公益诉讼案 |
[06:55] | – Donna. – Harvey, listen to me. | -唐娜 -哈维 听我说 |
[06:57] | That cleaning woman’s case was good for you, | 那个清洁女工的案子对你有好处 |
[06:59] | and even though Mike’s not here, | 尽管迈克不在这里了 |
[07:01] | I think we should keep doing them. | 我觉得我们应该接着做 |
[07:02] | Donna, I might be missing Mike, but I’m not Mike, | 唐娜 也许我是想念迈克 但我不是他 |
[07:04] | and I have a meeting in an hour. | 一小时内我还有个会议 |
[07:06] | But if you want to take on a pro bono, knock yourself out. | 但如果你想接公益诉讼 你去接 |
[07:08] | You know what, I do, and if you don’t want it, | 我确实想 如果你不想做 |
[07:10] | – I’m just going to go ask Alex. – Not Alex. | -那我去找亚历克斯 -别找他 |
[07:12] | – He’s not in the mood. – Why not? | -他没心情 -为什么 |
[07:14] | He found out about Zane promising Samantha Name Partner last night. | 他发现昨晚赞恩答应萨曼莎做冠名合伙人 |
[07:17] | What did you say to him? | 你跟他说什么了 |
[07:18] | What do you think I said? I told him to sit tight. | 你觉得我说什么了 我让他坐观其变 |
[07:20] | Did you sit tight when you were in the same position? | 你那时候坐观其变了吗 |
[07:22] | That’s what he said. | 他也是这么说的 |
[07:23] | Then if you don’t want him doing what you did, | 如果你不想让他和你一样 |
[07:25] | which is go looking for another job, | 去另谋高就 |
[07:27] | then I suggest you do something that makes him want to stay. | 那我建议你做些能留住他的事 |
[07:31] | Now, I’m going to go ask Katrina | 现在我要去问问卡特里娜 |
[07:32] | if she wants to do a pro bono. | 她是否想接公益诉讼 |
[07:38] | I don’t care what it takes. | 我不管代价是什么 |
[07:39] | You get him in front of that judge, | 你把他带到那个法官面前 |
[07:40] | I’ll get him off the hook. | 我会让他摆脱困境的 |
[07:42] | Good. | 很好 |
[07:44] | Whatever you’re cooking, | 不管你在做什么 |
[07:45] | I need you to bump this class action to the front of the line. | 我需要你先着手做这个集体诉讼案 |
[07:47] | – Class action? – Yeah, why? | -集体诉讼 -是啊 怎么了 |
[07:49] | – You got a problem with that? – No problem, | -有问题吗 -问题是没有 |
[07:51] | but litigation isn’t my specialty | 但是起诉他人并非我的专长 |
[07:53] | and you know it, so what’s going on? | 这你也知道 所以到底怎么回事 |
[07:54] | What’s going on is, | 情况就是 |
[07:56] | this was Louis Litt’s case and now it’s yours. | 这之前是路易·利特的案子 现在归你了 |
[07:58] | And how does Louis Litt feel about that? | 对此路易·利特怎么想呢 |
[07:59] | I don’t give a shit about how he feels. | 他怎么想我才不在乎 |
[08:01] | Well, I do. | 可我在乎 |
[08:02] | I just got on good footing around here, | 我刚在这里立住脚 |
[08:04] | I’m not looking to undo it. Now I got to get to– | 我可不想功亏一篑 现在我得… |
[08:05] | Hold on, now. You are my go-to. | 等等 你是我的得力助手 |
[08:08] | Don’t start playing office politics on me. | 别跟我玩什么办公室政治 |
[08:10] | Robert, I played office politics for you | 罗伯特 我是为了你才明争暗斗 |
[08:12] | for years, in case you forgot. | 斗了好多年 你可别忘了 |
[08:13] | I didn’t, but the man pulled a no-show | 我没忘 但他在要跟自己的客户开会时 |
[08:15] | to a meeting with his own client | 玩消失 |
[08:17] | and I need to send a message, so are you in or out? | 而我要给他个下马威 所以你干不干 |
[08:22] | Okay, Robert. I’m in. | 好吧 罗伯特 我做就是了 |
[08:31] | I’m sure whatever it is is very important, Harvey, | 我相信你的事一定很重要 哈维 |
[08:33] | but I’m a little busy right now. | 但我现在有点忙 |
[08:34] | Alex, you were right. If I were in your shoes, | 亚历克斯 你说得对 如果我是你 |
[08:37] | sitting tight wouldn’t fly with me either. | 我也不会坐以待毙 |
[08:39] | I thought about it, and I got an idea. | 我想了一下 想出了一个主意 |
[08:41] | Well, if it isn’t you and Louis telling Zane | 如果这主意不是你和路易去告诉赞恩 |
[08:43] | my number’s up next, | 我是下一个冠名合伙人 |
[08:44] | I’m not sure I’m going to like it. | 我可不确定我会喜欢 |
[08:45] | What it is is you doing something | 这主意是 你去做一件事 |
[08:47] | to put you on the map with Zane. | 让赞恩注意到你 |
[08:54] | Paxson BioScience. | 帕克森生物科技 |
[08:56] | They’re big, they’re juicy, | 这是家大公司 油水多 |
[08:57] | and we got a meeting with them in a half an hour. | 而且我们一个半小时后就要和他们开会了 |
[08:59] | – We? – Yeah, we. | -我们 -没错 我们 |
[09:01] | Then forget it, because if I don’t sign them alone, | 那就算了 如果我没有凭一己之力签下他们 |
[09:03] | Robert’s not going to care. | 罗伯特是不会注意的 |
[09:05] | Alex, I’m doing the best I can right now. | 亚历克斯 我已经尽我所能了 |
[09:06] | They’re expecting me. I don’t show up, | 他们点名要我去 要是我不出面 |
[09:08] | it’s not going to look right. | 场面肯定不好看 |
[09:09] | You’ve got an answer for everything, don’t you? | 真是什么事你都能找出一套说辞 |
[09:11] | Let’s just go down there | 我们就下楼去 |
[09:12] | and lock these guys down. | 拿下他们不好吗 |
[09:13] | After that, you have my word. You’re the attorney of record. | 这之后我保证 你是他们的正式律师 |
[09:17] | All right, Harvey. Let’s go lock them down. | 好吧 哈维 咱们去拿下他们 |
[09:26] | Carrie, Harvey Specter. | 卡丽 我是哈维·斯佩克特 |
[09:28] | This is my partner, Alex Williams. | 这是我的搭档 亚历克斯·威廉姆斯 |
[09:31] | I’m sorry, I was thinking it was just going to be the two of us. | 抱歉 我还以为会是我们两人单独见面 |
[09:34] | It’s okay. | 没事的 |
[09:34] | Anything you can say in front of me, | 你能在我面前说的事 |
[09:36] | you can say to Alex. | 都能对亚历克斯说 |
[09:37] | In that case… | 既然如此 |
[09:41] | CrytoGen. | 克莱托生物科技 |
[09:42] | They’re worth 80 million, | 市值八千万 |
[09:44] | but they’re sitting on billions of undeveloped IP. | 但他们坐拥价值数十亿的未开发知识产权 |
[09:46] | I’ve been trying to buy them for two years. | 我尝试收购这家公司已经两年了 |
[09:48] | Let me guess, you’ve used every tactic in the book | 让我猜猜 为了逼他们出售公司 |
[09:50] | to force them to sell. | 你已经用完三十六计了 |
[09:51] | Now you’re looking to try some | 现在你想尝试一些 |
[09:52] | that aren’t in the book. | 出格的手段 |
[09:53] | Let’s just say that of the 15 companies | 不妨这么说 在十五家 |
[09:55] | that specialize in financing that industry, | 专门投资生物科技的公司中 |
[09:57] | 14 have suddenly found themselves out | 已经有十四家突然发现被自己逐出 |
[10:00] | of the CrytoGen business. | 克莱托生物科技的生意了 |
[10:01] | And isn’t it the strangest coincidence | 而这第十五家公司恰好就是我们的客户 |
[10:03] | that the 15th just so happens to be one of our clients? | 未免也太过巧合 |
[10:06] | The Lord works in mysterious ways. | 老天自有安排 |
[10:08] | Just to be clear, are you asking us | 先说清楚 你是在要求我们 |
[10:09] | to pressure one of our clients | 对我们的客户施加压力 |
[10:11] | into cutting off this company’s lifeline? | 让这家公司丢掉最后一根救命稻草吗 |
[10:12] | Because that would be against the law. | 因为这样可就违法了 |
[10:14] | I’m not asking you to do anything. | 我没有要求你做任何事 |
[10:16] | But were that to happen, | 但如果真发生了这种事 |
[10:17] | you’d suddenly find yourself with a huge new client. | 你们会突然发现自己多了一个大客户 |
[10:20] | I’d say that sounds pretty interesting. | 我觉得这听起来还挺有意思 |
[10:21] | And I say bullshit. It’s not going happen. | 我觉得这就是胡扯 这件事门都没有 |
[10:23] | Well it better, | 最好还是发生吧 |
[10:23] | because that’s what it’s going to take to get our business. | 因为这就是我们谈成生意的代价 |
[10:26] | Alex, why don’t we listen to what she has to say– | 亚历克斯 不如我们听听她都要… |
[10:28] | No, Harvey, I’m not looking to cross the line for these guys, | 不 哈维 我不想为这群人越界 |
[10:29] | and I don’t care if they tell me | 我也不在乎他们是不是 |
[10:30] | they’ll guarantee a year’s retainer in advance. | 会保证预付一年的佣金 |
[10:32] | And what if I told you | 要是我告诉你 |
[10:33] | that retainer would match your highest-billing client? | 这笔预付款能比得上你们出价最高的客户呢 |
[10:36] | Look, I think it’s a mistake, but if we’re going do this, | 我觉得这件事不对 但如果我们真要做 |
[10:39] | we need to know what we’re getting involved in. | 就需要了解我们要趟什么样的浑水 |
[10:41] | He’s right. You want us to risk this, | 他说的对 你想让我们冒险 |
[10:43] | we need to knew every source of funding | 我们就需要了解 被你们限制的 |
[10:45] | you choked off from these guys, | 每一笔资金的来源 |
[10:46] | and every other shady thing you’ve done, | 以及你们所做过的所有其他不光彩的事 |
[10:48] | because like he said, | 因为正如他所说 |
[10:49] | I need to know exactly | 我得清楚地知道 |
[10:50] | what I’m getting myself involved in. | 我要让自己趟什么样的浑水 |
[10:54] | Then we’ll have everything over to you | 那今天下班前我们会把一切信息 |
[10:55] | by the end of the day. | 都告知给你 |
[11:02] | – Robert, got a sec? – No, Louis, I don’t. | -罗伯特 有空吗 -没有 路易 |
[11:05] | Look, I know I said that I’d be a little late– | 听着 我知道我说会迟到一会儿 |
[11:07] | But instead you decided to tap your girlfriend | 但你却决定去哄女朋友 |
[11:08] | instead of doing your God damn job. | 而不是来做你该死的工作 |
[11:10] | Robert, I told you, we’re trying to have children. | 罗伯特 我说过了 我们在努力要孩子 |
[11:11] | You also told me you were on your way to the meeting, | 你还说过你在来开会的路上 |
[11:14] | and I don’t appreciate being lied to. | 而我可不喜欢让人骗 |
[11:16] | Okay, listen to me. | 好吧 听我说 |
[11:19] | I know I didn’t show up, but it doesn’t matter | 我知道我缺席了 但这不重要 |
[11:20] | because whatever their issue is I can handle it. | 因为不论他们有什么问题 我都能处理 |
[11:22] | You don’t have to handle it because I already did. | 不劳您大驾了 因为我已经处理好了 |
[11:24] | What is that supposed to mean? | 你这话什么意思 |
[11:25] | It means that as of this morning, | 意思是在今早 |
[11:27] | Samantha Wheeler is handling the matter, | 萨曼莎·惠勒就在处理这件事了 |
[11:29] | so you have plenty of time for your family planning. | 这样你就有足够的时间顾家了 |
[11:31] | I am Name Partner. This is one of my oldest clients. | 我是冠名合伙人 这是我最老的客户之一 |
[11:33] | You cannot do this to me. | 你不能这样对我 |
[11:34] | I didn’t do this to you. | 不是我这样对你 |
[11:35] | You did it to yourself when you hung me out to dry. | 放我鸽子 你这是自食其果 |
[11:38] | Robert, please. | 罗伯特 拜托 |
[11:41] | You don’t know the whole story. | 你不了解事情的来龙去脉 |
[11:42] | I know all I need to know. | 我该知道的都知道了 |
[11:44] | Now get out of my office and don’t ever lie to me again. | 现在滚出我的办公室 别再对我撒谎 |
[11:56] | Gretchen I need you to the file room right away | 格蕾琴 我要你马上去档案室 |
[11:57] | and make every document | 让所有关于 |
[11:58] | we have on McKinley Outfitters disappear. | 麦金利旅行用品的文件都消失 |
[12:00] | Can’t do that, Louis. I got instructions to send them | 办不到 路易 我一小时前得到指示 |
[12:02] | over to Samantha Wheeler’s office an hour ago. | 把它们送去萨曼莎·惠勒的办公室 |
[12:05] | What? How could you do that to me? | 什么 你怎么能这样对我 |
[12:06] | Because Robert Zane stood here | 因为罗伯特·赞恩站在这里 |
[12:07] | and gave me an order himself. | 亲自给我下达了命令 |
[12:09] | – What choice did I have? – God damn it. | -我能有什么选择 -该死 |
[12:10] | Louis, I didn’t tell the man what happened | 路易 我没告诉他发生了什么 |
[12:12] | because I promised I wouldn’t, but he’s punishing you | 因为我答应你不说 但他正在 |
[12:15] | for something you don’t deserve to be punished for, | 因为一件错不在你的事情惩罚你 |
[12:17] | so why don’t you just tell him? | 所以你干嘛不直接告诉他 |
[12:18] | I’m not going to look weak. | 我不能显得软弱 |
[12:19] | Well, having him take your client | 由于你没勇气对他说实话 |
[12:21] | because you don’t have the courage to tell him the truth | 而让他抢走了你的客户 |
[12:23] | doesn’t exactly make you look strong. | 也没让你显得有多强大 |
[12:25] | Well, then I need to take my client back. | 那我要把客户抢回来 |
[12:26] | How the hell are you going to do that? | 你要怎么做 |
[12:28] | Easy. She’s a transactional woman. | 很简单 她是个爱交易的女人 |
[12:29] | I’ll just tell her I owe her one. | 我就告诉她我欠她个人情 |
[12:31] | And you ask her to go against Zane? | 你是叫她违抗赞恩吗 |
[12:33] | You might as well ask her to set herself on fire. | 那你不如让她自焚好了 |
[12:35] | Well, maybe if you’d God damn help me | 或许你可以帮帮我 |
[12:36] | instead of telling me how weak I am, | 而不是告诉我 我有多软弱 |
[12:38] | maybe we could figure something out. | 说不定我们还能想出点办法 |
[12:39] | Louis, I am trying to help you. | 路易 我是在尽力帮你 |
[12:42] | And if you can’t see that, then something’s wrong. | 如果你看不出来 那就是你有问题 |
[12:46] | Gretchen, please. You’re the only one who knows | 格蕾琴 拜托 只有你知道 |
[12:49] | that I had my dignity taken last night. | 我昨晚丢人的事 |
[12:52] | I can’t have it taken again. | 我不能再丢第二次人了 |
[12:57] | All right, Louis. | 好吧 路易 |
[12:58] | I help you with this, I need to know | 我要帮你 就得知道 |
[13:00] | that you’re going to be able to keep it together. | 你能振作起来 |
[13:02] | All I need is to take my client back. | 我只需要抢回我的客户 |
[13:04] | – That’s all I need. – Okay. | -仅此而已 -好 |
[13:06] | As I see it, you want McKinley back? | 依我看 你想抢回麦金利 |
[13:08] | You need to put that woman in a position | 你就要把那个女人 |
[13:10] | where she doesn’t have any choice. | 逼到走投无路 |
[13:16] | Sounds to me like the good folks at Paxson BioScience | 听起来帕克森生物科技的那帮好家伙 |
[13:18] | have been some busy little beavers. | 整天忙得团团转 |
[13:20] | Are you thinking what I’m thinking? | 英雄所见略同吗 |
[13:21] | I sure am. If they’re willing to do all this shady shit | 当然 既然他们愿意做这些见不得人的勾当 |
[13:23] | because CrytoGen has billions in future revenue– | 是因为克莱托生科有着数十亿的未来收益 |
[13:25] | Why don’t we skip the shady shit | 我们何不绕开见不得人的勾当 |
[13:27] | and go represent CrytoGen right now? | 现在就去代理克莱托生物科技呢 |
[13:28] | Exactly. And we got the road map | 没错 而且我们有办法 |
[13:30] | to keeping them out of trouble on its way. | 让他们摆脱麻烦 |
[13:32] | Alex, you are one devious motherfucker. | 亚历克斯 你就是个狡猾的老狐狸 |
[13:34] | Thanks, I’ll take that as a compliment. | 谢谢 我就当是夸我了 |
[13:35] | In that case, you’re a real asshole of a guy, too. | 这么一来 你不仅狡猾 还很混蛋 |
[13:38] | Seriously, Harvey. | 说真的 哈维 |
[13:40] | We’re using information they gave us | 我们在利用会议期间 |
[13:41] | in the context of a meeting. | 他们透露的信息 |
[13:42] | That’s a little shady itself. | 这本来就有点不光彩 |
[13:45] | – You sure you’re okay with it? – I am. | -你确定没关系吗 -当然 |
[13:47] | Besides, what are they gonna do? | 再说 他们能奈我们何 |
[13:48] | Tell the police they asked us to rob a bank | 报警说他们叫我们去抢银行 |
[13:50] | and by the time they got there, we moved all the money? | 等他们到银行时 我们已经把钱偷光了吗 |
[13:53] | Then the only thing left to do is close CrytoGen. | 那唯一要做的就是搞定克莱托生物科技 |
[13:55] | – All right, I’ll set it up. – No. | -好 我来搞定 -不 |
[13:58] | You needed to be at that last meeting. | 上次会议你不得不到场 |
[13:59] | You don’t need to be at this one. | 这件事就不劳您大驾了 |
[14:00] | – Alex– – Harvey, let’s not forget | -亚历克斯 -哈维 别忘了 |
[14:01] | why you came to me with this. | 你来找我的初衷 |
[14:03] | Let me bring this one home. | 这件事让我来办 |
[14:05] | All right. They’re all yours. | 好吧 都交给你了 |
[14:15] | – You wanted to see me? – I did. | -你想见我吗 -对 |
[14:19] | Well, I’m glad you did, because I heard | 很高兴 因为我听说 |
[14:21] | that you gave one of Louis’s clients to Samantha | 你把路易的一个客户给了萨曼莎 |
[14:24] | and I don’t want to tell you how to run the firm, Robert, | 我不想告诉你要如何经营律所 罗伯特 |
[14:27] | but I think that’s a bad idea. | 但我认为这是个馊主意 |
[14:29] | Well, that’s not exactly what I wanted to talk about, | 这不是我要谈的事情 |
[14:32] | but I think it’s a good platform. | 但我觉得这是个好引子 |
[14:34] | – I don’t follow. – You may not want to tell me | -我没听懂 -你或许不想告诉我 |
[14:36] | how to do my job, but I’m going to tell you | 怎么做好我的工作 但我要告诉你 |
[14:37] | – how to do yours. – Excuse me? | -如何尽你的职 -你说什么 |
[14:38] | Did you assign Katrina Bennett | 你是不是未经我允许 |
[14:40] | a pro bono without running it by me? | 给了卡特里娜·班尼特一个公益诉讼案 |
[14:42] | I didn’t know that I needed to run it by you. | 我不知道我要经你允许 |
[14:44] | You do when that client happens to conflict | 在这个客户恰好和我想签约的客户 |
[14:46] | with someone I’m trying to sign. | 有冲突时就有必要 |
[14:48] | I didn’t know they did. | 我不知道他们有冲突 |
[14:49] | Which is why you run it by me. | 这就是为什么你得先通知我 |
[14:51] | And was is more important is what is a COO | 更重要的是 一间律所的首席运营官 |
[14:53] | of a law firm doing handing out pro bonos | 为什么会开始 |
[14:55] | in the first place? | 分发公益诉讼案 |
[14:56] | I just thought that it was good– | 我只是认为这对… |
[14:57] | It’s a rhetorical question, Donna. | 这是个反问句 唐娜 |
[14:58] | – I don’t care what you thought. – Understood. | -我不在乎你怎么想 -明白 |
[15:01] | – Is that all? – No, it’s not. | -说完了吗 -没说完 |
[15:03] | What a COO should be doing | 一个首席运营官应该做的是 |
[15:05] | is maximizing our revenue per square foot, | 最大化我们每平方英尺的收益 |
[15:09] | which starts by an assessment of our revenue per square foot. | 这需要先评估现在每平方英尺的收益 |
[15:12] | Well, that’s not really what I do. | 我还真不是做这个的 |
[15:13] | It is now. I want a report on my desk | 现在是了 明天下班前 |
[15:15] | by end of day tomorrow. | 我要看到报告放在我办公桌上 |
[15:19] | Does this have anything to do with Louis? | 这和路易有关吗 |
[15:21] | – Because I don’t think– – It has to do with Louis lying to me, | -因为我不认为 -路易对我撒谎 |
[15:23] | and Harvey getting into it with the landlord, | 哈维和房东起冲突 |
[15:25] | and now you, which all adds up | 然后现在又是你 这一切都表明 |
[15:27] | to this law firm not operating the way that it should | 这家律所的运作方式有问题 |
[15:29] | and me getting a little tired of it. | 而我对此已经有点厌倦了 |
[15:32] | Now, that’s all. | 现在我说完了 |
[15:49] | Ah, Samantha. You look nice this evening. | 萨曼莎 你今晚看上去真美 |
[15:51] | Oh, don’t give me that shit. You want to tell me | 别跟我来这套 告诉我 |
[15:53] | why you set a motion to dismiss on a case for tomorrow | 你为什么对一桩我才拿到手三小时的案子 |
[15:55] | that I just got three hours ago? | 提出了明天的撤案动议 |
[15:56] | I was just doing you a favor. | 我只是想帮你一把 |
[15:58] | But if you want to cancel it, you go right ahead. | 但如果你想取消掉 那随你便 |
[16:01] | – It’s your case. – What do you mean a favor? | -反正是你的案子 -什么叫帮我 |
[16:03] | I mean, we have two weeks to get this suit thrown out | 意思是我们有两周的时间来撤案 |
[16:05] | but the faster we file it, | 但我们越早提出 |
[16:06] | the more serious they know we are. | 他们就越能感受到我们是认真的 |
[16:08] | And of course now that you’ve said it, if I delay it, | 然后就像你说的 如果我延期了 |
[16:10] | – I look like I’m unprepared. – Which you are, | -就会显得我没准备好 -你确实没有 |
[16:12] | because you haven’t been their attorney | 因为你不像我一样 |
[16:13] | for the last 13 years like I have. | 过去十三年一直是他们的律师 |
[16:15] | I get it. | 我明白了 |
[16:16] | And if I tell Robert what you did, | 如果我把这事告诉了罗伯特 |
[16:17] | I look weak. | 又会显得我很弱 |
[16:17] | But if you let me help you, we both look strong. | 但如果你让我帮你 我俩就都会显得很强 |
[16:22] | Why didn’t you just come to me, | 你为什么不直接来找我 |
[16:23] | and ask me to be let in on this? | 然后和我直说 |
[16:25] | Because we both know that you would have said no. | 因为我俩都知道你不会同意 |
[16:29] | I have to admit, if I didn’t know any better | 不得不说 如果我还不了解你 |
[16:31] | I’d say you’re a real badass. | 我会觉得你是个狠角色 |
[16:33] | Well, if you think I’m a badass now, | 如果这就让你觉得狠了 |
[16:34] | you just wait until we get that lead plaintiff | 你该等着看我们明天在法官面前 |
[16:35] | in front of the judge tomorrow. | 把首席原告干掉的场景 |
[16:43] | Don’t “Hey” me. | 客套就免了 |
[16:44] | Did you sign them? | 你把他们签下来了吗 |
[16:45] | Sure did, but get this. | 当然 但你猜怎么着 |
[16:47] | These guys aren’t exactly | 这些人可不是什么 |
[16:48] | Little Red Riding Hood running away from the Big Bad Wolf. | 从大灰狼身边逃脱的小红帽 |
[16:50] | – What are you talking about? – Our first assignment, | -什么意思 -我们把禁止令 |
[16:52] | after we send that cease and desist to Paxson | 送给帕克森之后的第一项任务 |
[16:54] | is to trick their best employee into a lifetime of servitude. | 就是把他们的最佳员工骗入终身劳役的牢笼 |
[16:57] | Don’t tell me you’re pulling a Mike Ross | 别告诉我你在学迈克·罗斯 |
[16:58] | – and having second thoughts on me. – I’m just saying, | -在我面前另有想法 -我只是想说 |
[17:01] | there aren’t any saints in this situation. | 这件事情里可没什么好人 |
[17:03] | But you know what, brother? | 但你猜怎么着 兄弟 |
[17:05] | That’s why we make the big bucks. | 正因如此我们才能渔翁得利 |
[17:07] | Well then, pour us a couple of drinks, | 那就给我们俩倒几杯酒 |
[17:09] | and I’ll fax the cease and desist order right away. | 我现在就把禁止令传真过去 |
[17:12] | You’re not faxing shit. | 你什么都不许传 |
[17:13] | Do you really think that | 你真以为 |
[17:14] | you can take a meeting with a prospective client, | 你能和一个潜在客户开个会 |
[17:16] | try to screw them over, and they wouldn’t catch wind of it? | 试图反咬一口 而他们还一无所知吗 |
[17:18] | I don’t care if they caught wind of it. | 我不在乎他们知不知道 |
[17:19] | There’s nothing that they can do about it. | 他们知道了又能奈我何 |
[17:21] | Bullshit, they can let every major player know | 放屁 他们能让所有的大金主知道 |
[17:23] | that we don’t deal with our clients in good faith. | 我们对客户不诚信 |
[17:25] | But they have the decency to give us a chance | 但他们很体面地愿意给我们一次机会 |
[17:27] | to make it right before they do, | 让我们在他们出手前亡羊补牢 |
[17:28] | and you’re going to take it. | 你要抓住这次机会 |
[17:29] | If you’re saying what I think you’re saying– | 如果我没理解错你的意思… |
[17:30] | I’m saying drop the small potato, | 我的意思是 放弃那家小公司 |
[17:32] | and sign Paxson like you said you would in the first place. | 按照你一开始说好的那样 签下帕克森 |
[17:35] | You want to talk bad faith? We went in there | 你想扯不诚信这事吗 我们一进门 |
[17:37] | and they all but asked us to commit a crime. | 他们就只想让我们犯罪 |
[17:39] | Then don’t sign them. But what you don’t do | 那就别签他们 但你也不能 |
[17:41] | is go using the information that you got from them | 利用从他们那里得来的消息 |
[17:43] | to sign a guy that they were going after. | 去和他们想拿下的公司签约 |
[17:45] | And the last time I checked, I can sign | 如果我没记错的话 我想签谁 |
[17:47] | whoever the hell I want to sign. | 就能签谁 |
[17:48] | Harvey, I cut you some slack on that landlord thing. | 哈维 房东那件事我放了你一马 |
[17:51] | But I’m running this firm, not you. | 但运营这家律所的是我 不是你 |
[17:53] | You’re going to do what I tell you to do. | 我说什么你就得照办 |
[17:54] | You going to tell me what suit to wear, too? | 你是不是连我穿什么样的西装也要管 |
[17:56] | Listen to me. | 听我说 |
[17:58] | Tomorrow morning, I come in, Paxson’s our client. | 明早我进门时 帕克森就要是我们的客户 |
[18:02] | And I’m done discussing this topic. | 这个话题到此为止 |
[18:09] | Harvey, maybe it isn’t worth it. | 哈维 也许这事不值得 |
[18:12] | Relax, he’ll calm down once he realizes | 放松 一旦他意识到了那家小公司的潜力 |
[18:14] | that small potato is not so small. | 他会冷静下来的 |
[18:16] | Are you crazy? This is about chain of command. | 你疯了吗 这事关上下级关系 |
[18:19] | And the only reason we signed those guys | 我们一开始之所以签下那些人 |
[18:20] | in the first place was to impress him. | 就是想给他留个好印象 |
[18:21] | And you were the one who wanted me | 你之前不是还希望我 |
[18:23] | to have the balls to stand up to him. | 有胆量去和他对抗吗 |
[18:24] | Well, I don’t give a shit what the chain of command is. | 我不在乎什么上下级 |
[18:27] | There’s no way I’m backing down now. | 我现在是不可能让步的 |
[18:28] | Harvey, I told you, | 哈维 我告诉过你了 |
[18:29] | it’s not like these guys are saints. | 这些人可不是什么好人 |
[18:31] | What they’re having me do to this guy– | 他们让我对那个人做的事… |
[18:32] | Alex, that’s enough. | 亚历克斯 够了 |
[18:34] | I’m not interested in you second guessing me, | 我对你的事后诸葛不感兴趣 |
[18:36] | and I’m sure as shit not interested | 而你是因为赞恩才这么做 |
[18:37] | in you doing it on Zane’s behalf. | 我就更不感兴趣了 |
[18:39] | So you want to have a drink | 所以你到底想不想喝一杯 |
[18:41] | and celebrate signing a new client or not? | 庆祝签下了一个新客户 |
[18:58] | Robert, what are you doing here? | 罗伯特 你怎么在这里 |
[19:01] | I’m here because it’s tomorrow morning, | 我来这里是因为现在已经是”明早”了 |
[19:03] | and you didn’t sign Paxson yet. | 而你还没有签下帕克森 |
[19:05] | Look, Robert, | 听着 罗伯特 |
[19:07] | as far as I’m concerned, this is between you and Harvey. | 在我看来 这是你和哈维之间的事 |
[19:09] | Well, I’m making it between you and me. | 现在是你和我之间的事了 |
[19:10] | What are you saying? | 什么意思 |
[19:11] | I’m saying you’re a smart guy, | 意思是你是个聪明人 |
[19:12] | and we both know what your endgame is at this firm. | 我俩都清楚你最后会在这家律所爬到什么高度 |
[19:15] | If you want that game to be a reality, | 如果你希望梦想成真 |
[19:17] | you do what I need you to do. | 你就得照我说的做 |
[19:18] | Are you threatening my job? | 你是在拿我的工作威胁我吗 |
[19:19] | I’m telling you how it is. | 我是在告诉你该怎样工作 |
[19:21] | You dealt with that client in bad faith, | 你欺骗了那个客户 |
[19:23] | and I’m doing you a courtesy by dealing with you in good faith. | 但我却对你以德报怨 |
[19:25] | It sure doesn’t feel like it. | 我可不这么觉得 |
[19:26] | I didn’t say I was giving you kid gloves, | 我不是在跟你拐弯抹角 |
[19:27] | I said I was playing you straight. | 我是在很坦诚地说话 |
[19:30] | The truth is I like you, always have. | 说实话 我一直很欣赏你 |
[19:33] | But if you don’t get yourself on the right of this thing, | 但是如果你在这件事上做不对的话 |
[19:35] | you’re never going to go further than you are right now. | 你的升职之路就到此为止了 |
[19:38] | – Robert– – Drop them. | -罗伯特 -放弃他们 |
[19:41] | I don’t want to hear another goddamn thing about it. | 我不想再听你辩解了 |
[19:53] | Okay, what’s our plan? | 我们的计划是什么 |
[19:55] | Okay, listen up. They don’t know it, | 听好了 他们还不知道 |
[19:58] | but we’re going to file for a change of venue | 但我们要提交变更审判地点的申请 |
[20:00] | in addition to our motion to dismiss. | 加上撤案动议 |
[20:01] | I don’t understand. | 我不明白 |
[20:02] | Changing the venue to Omaha doesn’t help us. | 把审判地点变更到奥马哈并没什么帮助 |
[20:04] | The laws are harsher there. | 那里的法律更严 |
[20:05] | Doesn’t matter, because the jury won’t be. | 没关系 因为陪审团不会更严 |
[20:07] | What do you mean? | 什么意思 |
[20:08] | This lawsuit wasn’t just filed | 这起官司并不是由 |
[20:09] | by a random bunch of disgruntled backpackers. | 随便一群不满的背包客发起的 |
[20:12] | – It was orchestrated. – By who? | -这事是策划好的 -谁策划的 |
[20:14] | Our biggest competitor. | 我们最大的竞争对手 |
[20:16] | And it just so happens Omaha used to be their headquarters. | 正巧奥马哈是他们以前的总部 |
[20:19] | Which is now a ghost town. We go after them in Omaha, | 现在那里已经被废弃了 我们去奥马哈搞他们 |
[20:22] | they’re going to get their asses kicked. | 好好收拾他们一顿 |
[20:24] | And they’ll have no grounds to fight the change of venue, | 并且他们没有理由反对变更审判地点 |
[20:25] | because on the face of it, it’s against our interests. | 因为明面上看 这是不利于我们的 |
[20:28] | – Exactly. – Louis, this is genius. | -正是 -路易 这招太机智了 |
[20:30] | Yeah, I know. But like I said, | 我知道 如我所说 |
[20:31] | you think I’m a genius now, you just wait. | 你现在觉得我机智 等着看吧 |
[20:33] | Because by the end of today, they’re going to be paying us. | 因为今天结束之前 他们会付给我们钱 |
[20:36] | All rise. | 全体起立 |
[20:38] | Oh, shit, I have an emergency with my oldest client. | 不好 我最老的客户有件急事找我 |
[20:40] | – You sure you got this? – Oh, I got this. | -你能搞定吗 -没问题 |
[20:42] | I just feel bad for you | 我只是替你感到遗憾 |
[20:43] | because you’re not going to get to see it. | 因为你没法看到我大杀四方了 |
[20:48] | All right. | 好的 |
[20:50] | We’re here for a motion to dismiss. | 我们有一项撤案动议 |
[20:52] | Mr. Litt, do you have your paperwork? | 利特先生 你有文件吗 |
[20:53] | Your Honor, I’m sorry, | 法官大人 抱歉 |
[20:54] | but due to recent information coming to light, | 但是由于获知了最新消息 |
[20:58] | – we need to alter our motion to change of venue. – What? | -我们需要更改动议为变更审判地点 -什么 |
[21:01] | They have–they have no basis for that. | 他们没有理由这么做 |
[21:03] | We believe we do, Your Honor. | 我们有 法官大人 |
[21:05] | Which is why we’d like to call their lead plaintiff to the stand. | 所以我们想传唤首席原告 |
[21:13] | – Mind if I cut in? – That depends, is it urgent? | -介意我插个队吗 -视情况而定 很急吗 |
[21:17] | To tell you the truth, it is. | 实话说是的 |
[21:19] | Zane already thinks I overstep my bounds. | 赞恩已经认为我越界了 |
[21:20] | The last thing I need is for him to think | 我现在最不想让他觉得的就是 |
[21:22] | that I can’t hand in my homework on time, too. | 我连自己的作业都没法按时交 |
[21:24] | Well, if that’s what he thinks about you, | 如果他这么看你 |
[21:26] | you can have the copier, | 你可以先用复印机 |
[21:27] | and Robert Zane can go fuck himself. | 去他妈的罗伯特·赞恩 |
[21:30] | Hey. Everything okay? | 你还好吗 |
[21:33] | – Never been better. – Alex. | -好得不行 -亚历克斯 |
[21:34] | I’m really not in the mood, Donna. | 我现在没心情 唐娜 |
[21:35] | Yeah, I can see that, and I don’t care. | 我知道 我不管 |
[21:38] | – What’s going on? – All right, you want to know? | -发生了什么事 -行 你想知道是吧 |
[21:41] | First thing this morning, Zane tells me | 今早一来赞恩告诉我 |
[21:43] | unless I sign Paxson, my name’s never going up on that wall. | 除非我签下帕克森 否则我永远没法冠名 |
[21:46] | What? Have you told Harvey about this? | 什么 你告诉哈维了吗 |
[21:48] | What good would it do? | 告诉他有什么用 |
[21:49] | Harvey’s the one who put me in this goddamn situation. | 要不是哈维 我也不至于沦落至此 |
[21:51] | Wait, hang on a second, I thought you were on board | 等等 我以为你同意签下 |
[21:53] | with going after CrytoGen. | 克莱托生物科技 |
[21:54] | I don’t give a shit what I was on board with. | 我不在乎我同意签谁 |
[21:55] | When Zane didn’t want to do it, I was ready to back off. | 当赞恩不想做的时候 我已经准备好退出 |
[21:57] | – Then back off. – And I do that, | -那就退出 -如果我这样做 |
[21:59] | I might as well kiss my chances at Name Partner good-bye, | 我就得跟我的冠名合伙人头衔说拜拜了 |
[22:01] | Alex, I don’t think you’re giving Harvey enough credit. | 亚历克斯 我觉得你没有给哈维足够的信任 |
[22:03] | He said, and I quote: | 这是他说的原话 |
[22:04] | “I’m sure as shit not interested in you second guessing me | “我很确信 我对你代表罗伯特·赞恩质疑我 |
[22:06] | on Robert Zane’s behalf.” | 丝毫不感兴趣” |
[22:09] | – Good. – What do you mean, good? | -很好 -为什么很好 |
[22:11] | I mean you’re in a Kobayashi Maru. | 你在做”小林丸号”测试 |
[22:13] | What the hell does sushi have to do with this? | 这和寿司有什么关系 |
[22:15] | It’s not sushi, it’s from “Star Trek”, | 不是寿司 来自于《星际迷航》 |
[22:17] | and Harvey’s been talking about it for a hundred years. | 哈维总是提到它 |
[22:20] | I always thought it was bullshit, but maybe it’s not. | 我一直以为是胡说八道 也许不是 |
[22:22] | – What do you mean? – I mean, sooner or later, | -什么意思 -迟早 |
[22:24] | everyone finds themselves walled into a no-win situation. | 每个人都会发现自己被困在一个必输的处境 |
[22:27] | This one’s yours, and the way to prove yourself | 这是你的难题 你找到了出路 |
[22:30] | to both Harvey and Zane is to find a way out anyway. | 也就向哈维和赞恩证明了你自己 |
[22:33] | Well, thanks, Donna. | 谢了 唐娜 |
[22:34] | And here I thought going to Harvard was the way to get ahead, | 我以为去哈佛上学才是领先的办法 |
[22:37] | when really, I should have just been watching old “Star Trek”S. | 原来我只要看看《星际迷航》就行了 |
[22:40] | Well, I didn’t, | 我没看 |
[22:41] | so unless the answer is in an episode of “Cagney and Lacey”– | 所以除非答案在《美国警花》的剧集里… |
[22:43] | You know what, Alex? I’m trying to help you. | 你知道吗 亚历克斯 我是想帮你 |
[22:44] | And I told you, I’m not in the goddamn mood. | 我告诉过你 我没心情 |
[22:46] | Okay, then let me put it another way. | 好吧 那我换一种方式说 |
[22:48] | Unless you think you can get your name on the wall someplace else, | 除非你觉得你能当上其他律所的冠名合伙人 |
[22:50] | I suggest you stop worrying about the problem, | 否则我建议你别再担忧问题本身 |
[22:52] | and start worrying about the solution. | 而是开始思考解决问题的办法 |
[22:54] | Because if you can’t find a way | 因为如果你找不到办法 |
[22:55] | to get yourself out of this situation, | 脱离困境 |
[22:57] | maybe you don’t deserve to be Name Partner after all. | 也许你根本不配做冠名合伙人 |
[23:03] | So, Mr. Larson, when did you decide to file this lawsuit? | 拉森先生 你什么时候决定上诉的 |
[23:07] | About a week after I found out | 大概在我发现黑客盗取 |
[23:08] | hackers stole my information. | 我的个人信息一周后 |
[23:10] | So you were upset, and then, you contacted a lawyer. | 所以你很不安 之后联系了律师 |
[23:13] | Actually, my attorney reached out to me. | 事实上 我的律师联系了我 |
[23:15] | Oh, wasn’t that convenient? | 这岂不是很方便 |
[23:16] | Your Honor, soliciting clients isn’t a crime, | 法官大人 拉客户又不犯法 |
[23:18] | and it’s not relevant to change of venue. | 而且这和变更审判地点没有关系 |
[23:20] | But isn’t it? Mr. Larson, when your lawyer approached you, | 不是吗 拉森先生 律师找到你的时候 |
[23:22] | what was the fee that you were quoted? | 你要付多少律师费 |
[23:24] | Ten percent, contingent on winning. | 百分之十 如果官司打赢的话 |
[23:26] | And are you aware that the normal fee | 你知道这类案子的正常收费 |
[23:27] | for this type of case is three times that? | 是这个价格的三倍以上吗 |
[23:30] | I’m not one to say no to a bargain. | 有便宜干嘛不捡 |
[23:31] | You mean the bargain where my client’s biggest competitor | 你说的便宜是我客户最大的对手 |
[23:33] | was paying your lawyers on the side? | 额外付了你的律师费吗 |
[23:35] | – What? – Objection, speculative. | -什么 -反对 引导证人推测 |
[23:37] | It won’t be when he answers the question. | 他回答了问题就不是推测了 |
[23:38] | Your Honor, where is this going? | 法官大人 这是要干什么 |
[23:39] | I’ll tell you where it’s going, Your Honor. | 我告诉你这是要干什么 法官大人 |
[23:41] | It’s going to conspiracy charges | 这是阴谋指控 |
[23:43] | because he approached him | 因为他接近他 |
[23:45] | to put my client out of business. | 来把我客户搞破产 |
[23:46] | I didn’t– | 我没有… |
[23:48] | – I don’t– – Answer the question. | -我没… -回答问题 |
[23:50] | I didn’t ask how my lawyer makes his ends meet, | 我没有问我的律师是怎么做到收支平衡的 |
[23:52] | – because I’m focused on mine. – Let’s focus on yours. | -因为我关注的是我的利益 -那就来看看 |
[23:55] | Because if I find out that you knew they were driving | 因为如果我发现 你知道他们在 |
[23:58] | this lawsuit, and you lied about it, | 操控这场官司 而你撒了谎 |
[24:00] | oh, I’m going to come for your house. | 那你房子就要保不住了 |
[24:02] | And then, I’m going to come for your pension– | 然后是养老金 |
[24:03] | – Objection. – And your daughter’s piggy bank. | -反对 -还有你女儿的小猪存钱罐 |
[24:05] | Badgering. | 骚扰证人 |
[24:06] | I’m not doing anything a federal prosecutor won’t do | 我做的都是在他没说实话的情况下 |
[24:09] | – if he doesn’t tell the truth. – Yes, you are. | -联邦检察官会做的事 -可不是吗 |
[24:11] | You are pointing a gun at my client’s head, | 你正拿枪指着我客户的头 |
[24:13] | and I’m pretty damn sure you wouldn’t like it | 我很确定你不会乐意 |
[24:14] | if I pointed a gun at yours. | 让我拿枪对着你的 |
[24:26] | Mr. Litt? | 利特先生 |
[24:31] | Mr. Litt? | 利特先生 |
[24:37] | Lay down and shut up. | 蹲下 把嘴闭上 |
[24:39] | And this time, you don’t give me your wallet | 这次 你要是不把钱包 |
[24:41] | and give me your phone, and keep your mouth shut, | 还有手机给我 并且闭上嘴的话 |
[24:44] | I won’t just kick you. | 我就不止会揍你了 |
[24:46] | I’ll pull this trigger, | 我会按下这个扳机 |
[24:48] | and you’ll never see anyone you care about ever again. | 你就再也见不到你在意的人了 |
[24:54] | Mr. Litt, for the last time, do you have anything further? | 利特先生 最后问一次 你还有要说的吗 |
[24:59] | Motions to dismiss and change of venue are denied. | 驳回撤案和变更审判地点的动议 |
[25:14] | You and I need to talk, and we need to talk right now. | 咱俩得谈谈 现在就得谈 |
[25:17] | No, we don’t. | 不 不用 |
[25:19] | And if you know what’s good for you, you’ll get out. | 如果你识趣的话 你就会出去 |
[25:20] | I’m not going anywhere until you explain to me | 在你向我解释清楚前我哪儿也不去 |
[25:23] | how one minute, you’re ready to book one-way tickets to Omaha, | 怎么上一分钟你还在准备订去奥马哈的单程票 |
[25:25] | and the next minute, | 结果一分钟之后 |
[25:26] | I find out we’ve all but lost. | 我就发现我们输了案子 |
[25:28] | You weren’t there. You don’t know what happened. | 你不在场 你不知道发生了什么 |
[25:31] | I know that. That’s what I’m doing here. | 我知道 所以我才来问 |
[25:34] | – And I told you to get out. – And I told you | -我说了 出去 -我说了 |
[25:36] | I’m not going anywhere until you tell me what happened. | 在你解释清楚情况前 我哪儿也不会去的 |
[25:39] | Listen to me. I did the best I could, | 听我说 我尽力了 |
[25:43] | and I do not want to talk about this anymore. | 我不想再谈这件事了 |
[25:45] | The best you could? | 这能叫尽力 |
[25:47] | You’re not some first-year associate. | 你不是什么新来的助理律师 |
[25:49] | You’re a goddamn Name Partner | 你他妈是冠名合伙人 |
[25:51] | who bullied his way on to my case. | 不由分说地就介入了我的案子 |
[25:53] | And the next thing I know, you’ve laid down like a dog, | 结果下一秒 你就跟条狗似的瘫在那 |
[25:55] | – let yourself get kicked– – You weren’t there! | -任人践踏 -你不在场 |
[25:59] | You weren’t there. | 你不在场 |
[26:03] | You don’t know the shit I went through. | 你不知道我经历了什么 |
[26:05] | You never will. | 你永远都不会知道 |
[26:08] | Now back the hell off, | 现在走开 |
[26:10] | and get the hell out of my office. | 滚出我的办公室 |
[26:14] | Louis, relax. I was just trying to– | 路易 放松 我只是想… |
[26:17] | Get the hell out! | 滚出去 |
[26:44] | Harvey, can I talk to you for a second? | 哈维 我能和你聊聊吗 |
[26:46] | Sure, what’ s on your mind? | 当然可以 怎么了 |
[26:47] | I just got a call from Holly Cromwell. | 我刚刚接到了霍莉·科伦维尔的电话 |
[26:49] | Don’t tell me, she’s got another firm | 别告诉我 有另一家律所 |
[26:51] | wanting to recruit you, and you’re looking to leverage us. | 想要聘用你 你想以此要挟我们 |
[26:54] | – Harvey, this is serious. – What is it? | -哈维 我没在开玩笑 -怎么了 |
[26:57] | She told me that Alex Williams called her up, | 她告诉我亚历克斯·威廉姆斯给她打电话 |
[26:59] | looking to see what he could get in the marketplace. | 想看看他在市场上能不能吃得开 |
[27:00] | – Bullshit. – It’s not bullshit. | -胡扯 -不是胡扯 |
[27:02] | He wants to know what the odds are | 他想知道他在别的地方 |
[27:03] | of him getting his name on the wall somewhere else. | 当冠名合伙人的几率有多大 |
[27:05] | I don’t believe it. How could he do this to me? | 我不相信 他怎么能这么对我 |
[27:07] | Maybe instead of thinking about how he could do this, | 与其想他怎么能这么做 |
[27:09] | you might want to think about why. | 你不如想想为什么 |
[27:11] | – I don’t care why. – Well, you should. | -我不在乎原因 -你应该在乎 |
[27:12] | Because you made it personal between you and Zane, | 因为你把你和赞恩之间的事变成了私人恩怨 |
[27:14] | and Alex became nothing but an afterthought. | 亚历克斯就被晾在了一边 |
[27:16] | How do you even know about any of this? | 你是怎么知道这些事的 |
[27:18] | Because before he talked to Holly, he talked to me. | 因为在他和霍莉谈之前 他和我谈过 |
[27:21] | Which is why I know that Zane went to Alex | 所以我知道赞恩今早去找亚历克斯 |
[27:23] | this morning and told him if he didn’t sign Paxson, | 告诉他如果他不签下帕克森 |
[27:25] | he’d never make Name Partner here at all. | 他就永远都成不了这里的冠名合伙人 |
[27:27] | Where is he? | 他在哪 |
[27:29] | Harvey, if you confront Zane, | 哈维 如果你和赞恩正面交锋 |
[27:30] | it’s just going to make things worse. | 情况只会更糟糕 |
[27:32] | I don’t care. I am not going to let him | 我不在乎 我不能让他 |
[27:34] | bully my guy into submission. | 这么欺负我的人 |
[27:43] | Hang up the phone right the hell now. | 现在就把电话挂了 |
[27:44] | Don’t walk into my office and tell me that. | 不要走进我的办公室这么和我说话 |
[27:46] | So I can’t walk in but you can walk into | 所以我不能这样 但你就能这样 |
[27:48] | my guy’s office and threaten his career? | 进入我手下的办公室 威胁他的职业生涯 |
[27:50] | I didn’t threaten his career. I just told him like it was. | 我没有威胁他的职业生涯 我只是实话实说 |
[27:53] | – That’s not your call. – Bullshit, it’s not. | -那不是你能决定的 -怎么不是 |
[27:56] | I gave you an order, and if you’re not going to follow it, | 我给你下了命令 如果你不听 |
[27:57] | I’m going to the next man down. | 我就去找下一个人 |
[27:59] | And if he doesn’t listen to me, he’s never getting my vote. | 如果他不听 他就拿不到我的选票 |
[28:01] | So he’s got to listen to you, | 所以他得听你的 |
[28:02] | but he doesn’t have to listen to me? | 而不用听我的 |
[28:04] | What the hell do you think Managing Partner means? | 你觉得经营合伙人是什么意思 |
[28:06] | Well, if this is what it means, | 如果这是它的含义的话 |
[28:08] | then maybe I made a bad call | 那或许是我错了 |
[28:10] | in being gracious and letting you have it. | 我不该高尚到拱手相让 |
[28:12] | You weren’t being gracious. You were recognizing reality. | 你并不高尚 你只是认清了现实 |
[28:15] | Which is that I’m better at this than you. | 你知道我在这方面做得比你好 |
[28:17] | And what you’re better at | 至于你擅长的 |
[28:19] | is doing whatever you feel like doing at any goddamn minute. | 就是随时随地做任何你想做的事 |
[28:22] | Well, what I feel like saying right now is, | 我现在最想说的是 |
[28:23] | Alex is my guy. | 亚历克斯是我的人 |
[28:25] | He does what I say, and that’s final. | 他听我的 就这样 |
[28:27] | Well, that’s too bad, because I didn’t do | 那很不巧 |
[28:28] | what either one of you said, | 不管你们俩怎么说 |
[28:29] | and it’s too late to take it back. | 现在覆水难收了 |
[28:31] | I don’t believe this. | 我不相信 |
[28:33] | Are you saying you took another job? | 你是说你换工作了 |
[28:34] | No, I’m saying I got someone else to take another job. | 不 是我让某个人换了份工作 |
[28:36] | What the hell are you talking about? | 你到底在说些什么 |
[28:38] | CrytoGen wanted me to trick their biggest asset | 克莱托生科想让我骗他们最能干的员工 |
[28:40] | into a lifetime of servitude. | 让他为他们工作一辈子 |
[28:41] | Instead, I informed him of his right to go out on his own | 但我跟他说 他有出来单干的权利 |
[28:44] | and signed him as our newest client. | 他现在是我们最新签约的客户 |
[28:46] | Are you out of your mind? I told you to sign Paxson. | 你疯了吗 我让你签的是帕克森 |
[28:48] | And the reason you gave both of us | 你给我们的理由是 |
[28:49] | was that you didn’t want us dealing with them in bad faith. | 你不希望我们对他们不诚信 |
[28:52] | Well, now we didn’t. | 所以我们没有 |
[28:53] | All we did was take a meeting and not sign them. | 我们只是开了个会 选择不与他们签约 |
[28:55] | And you still didn’t do what I asked. | 但你还是没做我吩咐的事情 |
[28:56] | And you didn’t do what I asked, either. | 你也没按我的要求做 |
[28:58] | You’re right, I didn’t. Because if all you want | 我确实没有 如果你们想要的只是个 |
[28:59] | is a yes man, then what the hell am I doing here? | 会点头哈腰的人 那我在这干什么 |
[29:01] | – You listen to me. – No, you listen to me. | -你听着 -不 你听着 |
[29:03] | I signed a client that’s going to be worth | 我签了一个将来会对这家律所 |
[29:04] | a huge amount to this firm. | 有巨大价值的客户 |
[29:06] | I’m a hell of a goddamn lawyer, | 我是个出色的律师 |
[29:08] | and if you can’t see that, | 如果你们连这点都意识不到 |
[29:09] | then I don’t want to have my name next to yours. | 那我的名字就不必跟二位的一起出现了 |
[29:11] | – Alex– – No, I said what I had to say. | -亚历克斯 -不 这些话必须说 |
[29:13] | As far as I’m concerned, you two need to work your shit out. | 依我看 你们俩是时候认真工作了 |
[29:21] | I don’t know about you, | 我不知道你的想法 |
[29:22] | but I kind of like the guy when he’s angry. | 但我还挺喜欢他生气的样子的 |
[29:24] | Yeah, you would, | 你当然会了 |
[29:24] | because that’s the same flavor of bullshit | 这跟你对杰西卡的态度 |
[29:26] | that you served Jessica. | 如出一辙 |
[29:34] | What now? | 又怎么了 |
[29:35] | I need to talk to you about your partner. | 我得跟你谈谈你搭档的问题 |
[29:37] | – You mean Robert? – I mean Louis Litt. | -你说罗伯特 -是路易·利特 |
[29:40] | – What about him? – Something’s wrong with him. | -他怎么了 -他有点不对劲 |
[29:42] | And before you tell me I don’t know him, | 在你说我不了解他之前 |
[29:44] | I’m telling you, this isn’t normal behavior. | 我告诉你 他的举止真的不太寻常 |
[29:47] | Even for a man with his reputation. | 就算是对他那样的男人来说 |
[29:50] | – How can you know that? – How about I start by saying | -你怎么知道 -不如我先说 |
[29:52] | he stood up his own clients | 他在和罗伯特·赞恩的会议上 |
[29:53] | at a meeting with Robert Zane? | 放了自己客户的鸽子 |
[29:55] | And then somehow shit the bed in court | 后来不知道为什么 他在法庭上吓傻了 |
[29:57] | on a case he had in the bank. | 本来那个案子他已经胜券在握了 |
[29:58] | And I’m not even going to get into | 我都不想提 |
[29:59] | how he treated me when I tried to ask him about it. | 我问他这些的时候他是什么态度 |
[30:02] | Does anyone else know about any of this? | 还有其他人知道这些事吗 |
[30:04] | Judging by the look I saw on his secretary’s face, | 从他秘书的表情看 |
[30:06] | I’d say she does. | 她应该也知道 |
[30:08] | I’d also say she’s not going to tell me a thing. | 但她一个字都不会跟我说的 |
[30:14] | Why are you telling me about this, and not Robert? | 为什么你来告诉我 而不是罗伯特 |
[30:18] | Because I may be new here, | 因为就算我是新来的 |
[30:20] | but I know what friendship looks like. | 我也看得出谁和谁是朋友 |
[30:22] | And right now, I’m telling you. Louis Litt needs a friend. | 现在我告诉你 路易·利特需要朋友 |
[30:36] | – Harvey. – Louis. | -哈维 -路易 |
[30:39] | You got any plans tonight? | 晚上有安排吗 |
[30:40] | I was thinking we could go out for dinner. | 不如一起出去吃个饭 |
[30:42] | Oh, that’s not going to work for me. | 我今天没空 |
[30:44] | – I have to get home to Sheila. – Oh, come on. | -我要回家陪希拉 -拜托 |
[30:46] | We’ve got some stuff to catch up on. | 我们有点事要谈谈 |
[30:49] | – What stuff? – From what I hear, | -什么事 -据我所知 |
[30:50] | you’ve had a rough couple days. | 你最近几天有点不顺 |
[30:52] | It’s all good, Harvey. Nothing to worry about. | 没事 哈维 没什么好担心的 |
[30:55] | All good? Come on. | 没事 你骗谁 |
[30:56] | I ask you to dinner once in a blue moon, | 我可不经常请你吃饭 |
[30:59] | and whenever I do, you drop everything. | 一般只要我开口 你从来不拒绝 |
[31:01] | I used to, but I have Sheila now, | 过去是这样 但我现在有希拉了 |
[31:03] | so if you’ll excuse me. | 没事我就先告辞了 |
[31:06] | You’re not leaving until I get an answer. | 不说实话不许走 |
[31:08] | Don’t hide behind Sheila. | 别拿希拉做挡箭牌 |
[31:09] | – Get the hell off me! – What’s going on, Louis? | -放开我 -怎么了 路易 |
[31:13] | – Nothing. – You can talk to me. | -没什么 -有事你可以跟我说 |
[31:16] | About what, | 你想让我说什么 |
[31:16] | – there’s nothing– – Why’d you roll over in court? | -根本没事 -为什么在法庭上会那样 |
[31:18] | – Why’d you no-show at dinner? – Please stop. | -为什么你不来吃晚餐 -别说了 |
[31:21] | Why do you need me to stop, Louis? | 为什么你要让我停下 路易 |
[31:23] | – What are you so scared of? – God damn it, I was mugged. | -你在害怕什么 -我被抢劫了 |
[31:27] | I was mugged, and I thought I was going to die, okay? | 我被抢劫了 我以为我会死 行了吗 |
[31:33] | He had a gun… | 那个人用枪 |
[31:36] | that he had pressed to the back of my head. | 顶着我的后脑勺 |
[31:40] | I can still feel it. | 我到现在还能感觉到 |
[31:43] | Is that what you want to hear? Because that’s what’s going on. | 你就想听这个吗 那这就是事情经过 |
[31:46] | It’s okay, buddy. You’re okay. | 没事了 伙计 你没事了 |
[31:49] | But it’s not okay, Harvey. It’s not, I’m a mess. | 但我并不好 哈维 我已经一团糟了 |
[31:52] | I’d be a mess, too. Anyone would. | 换我也会这样 谁不会呢 |
[31:56] | What if it doesn’t go away? | 如果这种感觉挥之不去怎么办 |
[31:58] | It will. | 会好的 |
[31:58] | I don’t know how long it will take, | 我不知道这要花多久 |
[32:00] | or when it’ll happen, | 我也不知道你什么时候才能走出来 |
[32:01] | but I know one thing. | 但我确定的是 |
[32:03] | It won’t go away if you don’t talk about it, | 如果你不说出来 它就永远不会过去 |
[32:05] | – and I don’t just mean therapy. – Harvey– | -你需要的不只是治疗 -哈维 |
[32:07] | Look, you have people here who care about you. | 你身边有人在关心你 |
[32:09] | Don’t hide it from them. | 出了事不要瞒着他们 |
[32:10] | I’m not telling Robert. | 但这件事我不会告诉罗伯特 |
[32:12] | – Why not? – Because you’re my friend, | -为什么不 -因为你是我的朋友 |
[32:15] | and he’s my boss, and he just got here, | 而他是我的老板 初来乍到 |
[32:17] | and I cannot have him see me as weak. | 我不想让他认为我很软弱 |
[32:20] | He won’t think you’re weak. | 他不会认为这是软弱 |
[32:22] | He’ll think you’re strong for telling him. | 他会觉得能说出口就是一种坚强 |
[32:24] | But I won’t be strong. I’m going to turn into this. | 但我没办法坚强 我会一副软弱相 |
[32:28] | Look at me, Harvey. Look at me. | 看看我 哈维 看看我 |
[32:32] | I can’t have him see me like this. | 我不能让他看到我这副样子 |
[32:37] | Why don’t I tell him for you? | 不如我替你告诉他 |
[32:38] | We’ve got some things to work out between us anyway. | 我本身也要找他 |
[32:44] | Thank you, Harvey. That would be nice. | 谢谢你 哈维 那就太好了 |
[33:00] | 罗伯特·赞恩 经营合伙人 | |
[33:10] | What is it, Donna? | 什么事 唐娜 |
[33:11] | Robert, I have your report. | 罗伯特 这是你要的报告 |
[33:13] | But before you read it, I need to tell you | 但在你看之前 我得把我之前跟你说过的话 |
[33:15] | what I told you before. | 再重复一遍 |
[33:18] | This isn’t really what I do. | 我不是干这个的 |
[33:20] | – Why bring it to me at all? – Because you asked for it. | -那为什么还要给我 -因为你要了 |
[33:23] | And more importantly, what I do is what you need right now. | 更重要的是 我做的事是你需要的 |
[33:25] | So let me get this straight. | 我理一下 |
[33:27] | You’re going to come in here with a half-assed | 你带着一个站不住脚的借口进来 |
[33:28] | excuse for a report, and then tell me what I need? | 给我交报告 还来告诉我 我需要什么 |
[33:31] | Yeah, I am, because while you wanted me | 是的 因为在你要求我 |
[33:32] | to be spending my time on something you could have hired | 做你本可以找会计事务所 |
[33:34] | an accounting firm for, I was busy working my ass off | 完成的工作时 我正忙着 |
[33:38] | maximizing revenue per square foot the old fashioned way. | 用老办法最大化每平方英尺的收益 |
[33:41] | – By keeping this place together. – What are you talking about? | -也就是避免这里崩溃 -你在说什么 |
[33:44] | I’m just saying that between picking a fight with Harvey, | 我在说在你忙着跟哈维挑起战争 |
[33:46] | taking a client away from Louis, | 从路易那里抢客户 |
[33:47] | and whatever else you’ve been up to, | 或者其他什么事时 |
[33:49] | you didn’t notice that one of your star attorneys | 你都没发现你的当家律师之一 |
[33:51] | was thinking about leaving. | 都在考虑辞职了 |
[33:52] | And now, thanks to me, he’s going to stay. | 多亏了我 他才考虑留下 |
[33:55] | You’re talking about Alex? | 你在说亚历克斯吗 |
[33:56] | Yes, of course I’m talking about Alex. | 是的 当然是他 |
[33:59] | Then Donna, I appreciate what you did. | 那么唐娜 我感激你做的事 |
[34:01] | But if he left, he left. So be it. | 但他爱走就走 我也不留 |
[34:04] | Because if I’m going to lead this firm, | 因为要我领导这个公司 |
[34:06] | people need to follow my orders. | 这里的人就得听我的话 |
[34:08] | Maybe the problem isn’t with the orders, Robert, | 也许问题不在命令 罗伯特 |
[34:10] | Maybe it’s with the man who’s giving them. | 而在下命令的人 |
[34:12] | You may not want to hear this, but I’m going to say it anyway. | 你可能不爱听 但我还是得说 |
[34:16] | You think that the reason Rand and Kaldor turned on you | 你认为兰德和考德背叛你 |
[34:19] | is because you had a soft spot for us. | 是因为我们手上有你的弱点 |
[34:22] | I think it’s because you didn’t have a soft spot for them. | 我认为 其实是因为你对他们太过强硬 |
[34:26] | And if you treat us the way you treated them, | 如果你像对待他们那样对待我们 |
[34:28] | the same thing’s going to happen here. | 历史将会重演 |
[34:30] | I can’t just let everyone do what they want. | 我不能让每个人都随心所欲 |
[34:33] | It’s not in me. | 那不是我 |
[34:35] | I’m just saying, sometimes we need to be smacked in line, | 我只是说 有时候我们需要管理 |
[34:38] | and sometimes, you need to let us do | 而有时候 你需要让我们 |
[34:41] | what we do the way we do it. | 按我们的方式来办事 |
[34:48] | I’m going to farm out this revenue per square foot | 每平方英尺收益的事我会交给 |
[34:52] | to an accounting firm. | 会计事务所 |
[34:55] | Thanks, Robert. | 谢谢 罗伯特 |
[35:00] | What? | 怎么 |
[35:01] | I knew you did this whisperer shit with Harvey, | 我知道你会用说悄悄话这套来对付哈维 |
[35:04] | but I didn’t think you’d ever do it to me. | 但我没想到你也会用这招来对付我 |
[35:06] | I’m going to let you in on a little secret, Zane. | 告诉你个小秘密 赞恩 |
[35:09] | I do it to everybody. | 我对谁都用 |
[35:22] | Alex, you got a second? | 亚历克斯 有时间吗 |
[35:24] | That depends on what you’re here to say. | 看你来找我干什么了 |
[35:26] | I’m here to say I’m sorry. | 我来道歉 |
[35:28] | I put you in a position that I shouldn’t have, | 我不该让你陷入这样的境地 |
[35:30] | but I also want to say | 但我也想说哦 |
[35:32] | you didn’t have to talk to that headhunter. | 你没必要去找猎头 |
[35:34] | – Yeah, Harvey, I did. – Why? | -不 哈维 我有必要 -为什么 |
[35:38] | You want to know the truth? | 你真想知道 |
[35:39] | I had to know what kind of leverage I had. | 我想知道我有什么筹码 |
[35:41] | And it turns out, there wasn’t anybody willing | 结果是 没人愿意比你更快地 |
[35:43] | to put my name on the wall any faster than you. | 让我当上冠名合伙人 |
[35:46] | Which is what left me open to hear Donna’s bullshit. | 所以我只能接受唐娜的胡扯 |
[35:48] | What do you mean Donna’s bullshit? | 什么叫唐娜的胡扯 |
[35:49] | It’s really your bullshit. | 其实是你的胡扯 |
[35:50] | She said I was in a no-win situation, | 她说我正身处一个毫无赢面的情况 |
[35:52] | and I could bitch and moan about it, | 我可以抱怨 |
[35:53] | or I could get out of it myself. | 也可以自己想办法解决 |
[35:55] | – Kobayashi Maru. – Yeah. | -小林丸号 -是的 |
[35:57] | Yeah, well, you got yourself out pretty damn well, | 你的解决办法很高明 |
[36:00] | and I’m not the only one who thinks so. | 而且也不是只有我这么想 |
[36:01] | Zane was pretty impressed, too. | 赞恩也很欣赏 |
[36:03] | Then I guess I got the job done. | 看来我算是完成任务了 |
[36:06] | And maybe I should have watched a little “Star Trek” | 看来也许我是该看看《星际迷航》 |
[36:08] | – growing up after all. – What? | -来学点经验 -什么 |
[36:10] | How could you never watch “Star Trek?” | 你居然没看过《星际迷航》 |
[36:11] | Because it’s a stupid show with shitty effects. | 这是部五毛特效的蠢片子 |
[36:13] | You realize I love that show, right? | 你知道我喜欢它对吗 |
[36:14] | I don’t care how you feel about it. | 我才不管你怎么想 |
[36:15] | It’s a stupid show with shitty effects. | 这是部五毛特效的蠢片子 |
[36:17] | You know what, Alex? You may be a hell of a lawyer, | 告诉你 亚历克斯 也许你是个好律师 |
[36:19] | but if you can’t appreciate the original “Star Trek,” | 但如果你无法欣赏《星际迷航》原初系列 |
[36:21] | you’re nothing, because Captain Kirk | 那你什么也不是 因为柯克舰长 |
[36:23] | is the best television character ever created. | 是电视荧屏上有史以来最棒的角色 |
[36:25] | I’ve got two words for you, motherfucker. | 我就跟你说一句话 混蛋 |
[36:27] | Magnum, P.I. | 《夏威夷神探》才是最棒的 |
[36:29] | Those are fighting words. You know that, right? | 那些都是战斗宣言 你知道的对吧 |
[36:31] | They’re not fighting words, Harvey, they’re drinking words. | 不是战斗宣言 是对酒宣言 哈维 |
[36:33] | So sit on down, and let’s hash this out | 所以坐下 我们像两个都能欣赏 |
[36:35] | like two people who can both appreciate “M-A-S-H.” | 《陆军野战医院》的人一样 来讨论一下 |
[36:38] | Sounds good to me. | 听起来不错 |
[36:57] | – Robert. – Before you say anything, | -罗伯特 -在你开口之前 |
[36:59] | let me just say that I’m sorry for what happened, | 让我先为我的做法道歉 |
[37:02] | and I’m more sorry for how I treated you. | 很抱歉我对待你的态度 |
[37:04] | I appreciate that, Robert. | 谢谢 罗伯特 |
[37:06] | But this was my fault, not yours. | 但这是我的错误 不是你的 |
[37:08] | Louis, this is not your fault. | 路易 这不是你的错 |
[37:11] | And I want you to know you could have come to me. | 我想让你知道你可以来找我的 |
[37:14] | I just felt so powerless. | 我只是觉得很无力 |
[37:16] | Of course you did. You were a victim. | 当然了 你是受害人 |
[37:18] | But that doesn’t mean you have to feel like one. | 但那并不代表你要这么想自己 |
[37:21] | How can I not feel like one? | 那怎么可能 |
[37:23] | Louis, I’m going to tell you something nobody knows. | 路易 我跟你说一个谁都不知道的秘密 |
[37:26] | I grew up in a rough place with rough people. | 我长大的街区很乱 |
[37:29] | Don’t tell me that you know what it’s like to get mugged? | 别告诉我你理解被打劫是什么感受 |
[37:31] | No, what I’m trying to tell you is | 不 我想告诉你的是 |
[37:32] | – I know what it’s like to be on the other end of it. – What? | -我理解另一边的感受 -什么 |
[37:35] | I was 14 years old. | 当时我14岁 |
[37:37] | My friends were all I knew, and I loved them. | 我只认识我的朋友 我很爱他们 |
[37:42] | But they were messed up. | 但他们当时也是一团糟 |
[37:45] | And one night, they get it in their heads | 有天晚上 他们就有了 |
[37:47] | that they’re going to roll somebody, | 打劫的想法 |
[37:49] | and I got caught up in it. | 我也参与了 |
[37:52] | The guy fought back. We had no choice. | 那个人反抗了 我们没有选择 |
[37:54] | We beat him good, put him in the hospital. | 我们狠揍了他一顿 他进了医院 |
[37:56] | – Jesus. – I know. | -天哪 -我知道 |
[37:59] | And I only did it once, | 我只干过一次 |
[38:01] | and it’s haunted me my whole life. | 而我一直都在被这件事困扰 |
[38:03] | It still does. | 现在也是 |
[38:05] | Are you saying that I should feel sorry | 你是说我应该为打劫我的人 |
[38:07] | for the man who mugged me? | 感到抱歉吗 |
[38:08] | No, no, no, I’m not saying that, Louis. | 不不不 我不是这个意思 路易 |
[38:11] | I’m saying that someday, | 我只是说有一天 |
[38:14] | he’s going to have to face up to who he is, | 他也必须面对自己的良心债 |
[38:16] | and he’ll carry that shame for a lifetime. | 而他也要一辈子背负愧疚 |
[38:18] | But you don’t have to, | 但你不用 |
[38:20] | because this doesn’t have a single thing | 因为这件事和你是什么样的人 |
[38:21] | to do with who you are. | 一点关系都没有 |
[38:24] | – You hearing me? – I’m hearing you. | -听到了吗 -听到了 |
[38:26] | Good, and Louis, we are a family here. | 好的 还有路易 我们是一家人 |
[38:30] | So from now on, I want you to remember | 所以从现在起 我希望你记住 |
[38:33] | you can share things with your family. | 什么事你都可以跟家人说 |
[38:36] | – Okay. – I mean, for God’s sake. | -好的 -看在上帝份上 |
[38:39] | You didn’t think twice about telling me | 你都没有犹豫 就告诉了我 |
[38:40] | – you were tapping your woman. – That’s a fair point. | -你在跟你老婆上床 -有道理 |
[38:47] | Okay. Good man. | 好吧 好家伙 |
[38:52] | You heading home for the night? | 你准备下班回家了吗 |
[38:54] | – I was, why? – I just wanted to let you know | -是啊 怎么了 -我只是想让你知道 |
[38:56] | I talked to Alex, and that it’s all good. | 我跟亚历克斯谈了 事情都解决了 |
[38:58] | – That’s great, Harvey. – There’s just one thing. | -很好 哈维 -还有一件事 |
[39:01] | It turns out that he didn’t call Holly Cromwell. | 其实不是他联系了霍莉·科伦维尔 |
[39:04] | – She called him. – So? | -是她联系的他 -所以呢 |
[39:06] | So, if she called him, why would she then call you | 所以如果如此 她为什么又联系你 |
[39:10] | – and say he called her? – I guess she wouldn’t. | -说是他联系她的 -有道理 |
[39:13] | I guess I must have called her, and told her to call him. | 可能是我打给她 让她联系他的 |
[39:17] | – Mind if I ask why? – Because, Harvey. | -能问问为什么吗 -因为 哈维 |
[39:20] | Sometimes people just need to know where they stand. | 有时候人们需要清楚自己的立场 |
[39:22] | And what if he’d been able to leverage himself | 要是他有能力在别的律所 |
[39:24] | into Name Partner somewhere else? | 当上冠名合伙人呢 |
[39:26] | Then you and Robert Zane would learn | 那你和罗伯特·赞恩就会知道 |
[39:28] | that if you can’t figure your shit out, | 如果你们处理不好自己的事 |
[39:29] | the only people who are going to get hurt are you. | 受伤的只会有你们自己 |
[39:46] | Samantha, what are you doing here? | 萨曼莎 你在这里做什么 |
[39:48] | I want to talk to you. | 我想跟你谈谈 |
[39:51] | Look, if this is about earlier– | 如果是因为之前 |
[39:52] | It is about earlier, but not how you think. | 是因为之前的事 但不是你想的那样 |
[39:55] | I came here to tell you that the same thing | 我来告诉你发生在你身上的事 |
[39:57] | that happened to you happened to me. | 也曾发生在我身上 |
[40:00] | – Robert told you, didn’t he? – He did. | -罗伯特告诉你的是吗 -是的 |
[40:02] | And when it happened, he was there for me. | 当时 是他帮了我 |
[40:04] | So now, I’m going to be there for you. | 所以现在我来帮你 |
[40:05] | I’m sorry, what do you mean he was there for you? | 抱歉 他怎么帮你的 |
[40:07] | That’s not important. What is important | 不重要 重要的是 |
[40:09] | is you’re going to start learning self-defense. | 你要开始学自卫术 |
[40:11] | And you’re going to start right now. | 就从现在开始 |
[40:13] | I really appreciate you coming by, okay? | 我很感激你来一趟 好吗 |
[40:14] | But I’m going to go inside. | 但我要进去了 |
[40:17] | Tell me the truth. | 跟我说实话 |
[40:19] | When you saw me standing there, and you couldn’t make out | 看到我站在这里 而你还没看出 |
[40:20] | whether it was me or not, you were scared, right? | 是不是我的时候 你怕了 对吗 |
[40:25] | I don’t want to learn self-defense. | 我不想学自卫术 |
[40:27] | Do me a favor. Try to hit me. | 帮帮忙 试着打我 |
[40:30] | – I’m not going to hit you. – Try to hit me. | -我不想打你 -你打一下试试 |
[40:33] | Okay. | 行吧 |
[40:34] | Ready? Boop. | 准备好了吗 要来喽 |
[40:36] | – That’s pretty crazy, right– – Would you just | -太疯狂了 简直 -你能不能 |
[40:37] | – try to hit me? – All right, fine. | -就试着打我一下 -好吧好吧 |
[40:42] | All right, mother– | 好了 该死 |
[40:44] | Oh, my God. | 天哪 |
[40:46] | You could kill someone, couldn’t you? | 你能杀人的是吧 |
[40:48] | Probably, but the point is, they couldn’t kill me. | 有可能 重要的是 他们杀不了我 |
[40:51] | Now, get up, it’s time for your first lesson. | 起来 你该上第一课了 |
[40:55] | First things first, you got to be aware of your surroundings, | 首先 要清楚周围的环境 |
[40:58] | and you got to learn how to stand. | 你要知道怎么站稳 |
[41:05] | Okay. | 好的 |
[41:07] | – Show me. – Okay. | -教教我 -好 |
[41:09] | You want to stabilize your core, | 要把核心放稳 |
[41:11] | so one foot slightly behind the other, | 一只脚在另一只前面一点点 |
[41:13] | about hip-width apart. | 与胯部同宽 |
[41:14] | – See how it stabilizes? – The core. | -知道怎么稳住了吗 -核心 |
[41:16] | – Yeah. – Okay, so how many calories | -是的 -好的 我这个动作 |
[41:17] | have I burned just now? | 消耗了多少大卡 |
[41:19] | Three. | 三卡 |
[41:20] | Just because you’re talking so much. | 因为你话太多 |
[41:22] | – Right, okay. – Yeah. | -好的好的 -好 |
[41:24] | All right. | 好的 |
[41:25] | Now smack me. | 现在来打我试试 |