时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:02] | I want to talk to you about doing more pro bonos. | 我想让你多接些公益诉讼案 |
[00:04] | If you want to take on a pro bono, knock yourself out. | 如果你想接公益诉讼 你去接 |
[00:06] | What is a COO of a law firm | 一间律所的首席运营官 |
[00:08] | doing handing out pro bonos in the first place? | 为什么会开始分发公益诉讼案 |
[00:10] | – I just thought that it– – Rhetorical question, Donna. | -我只是觉得 -这是个反问句 唐娜 |
[00:12] | I don’t care what you thought. | 我不在乎你怎么想 |
[00:13] | I need you to supervise Brian Altman. | 我需要你监督布莱恩·阿特曼 |
[00:14] | – Have someone else manage him. – Damn it, Katrina. | -找别人管他 -该死 卡特里娜 |
[00:16] | This is your chance to be senior partner. | 这是你成为资深合伙人的机会 |
[00:19] | I was just thinking about where we were a week ago | 我只是想到了一周前的我们俩 |
[00:20] | when I thought you were cold and heartless. | 那时我以为你是个冷酷无情的人 |
[00:22] | And I went from that to being your best friend. | 没想到这么快我就变成了你最好的朋友 |
[00:24] | I wouldn’t say best friend. | 我不会说我们是最好的朋友 |
[00:25] | You want to know something about me? | 你想知道我的事吗 |
[00:26] | You go ahead and ask. | 直接问我就好了 |
[00:27] | And how should I trust that I’d get a straight answer? | 我怎么才能确信你说的是不是真话 |
[00:29] | Because I am on this team now. | 因为我们现在是同一战线 |
[00:31] | I’ve got its best interests at heart. | 我把律所的最大利益放在心上 |
[00:33] | – I’m getting a divorce. – What? | -我要离婚了 -你说什么 |
[00:35] | I was hoping that you could represent me. | 我希望你能做我的律师 |
[00:37] | It’s my brother; what am I supposed to do? | 那是我弟弟 我还能怎么做 |
[00:39] | I think that this could bring up a lot of shit for you. | 这可能会让你惹上很多麻烦 |
[00:41] | He still loves you. | 他依然爱着你 |
[00:42] | He deserves another chance as a father. | 你该再给他一个当父亲的机会 |
[00:44] | It was one of the hardest things I’ve ever had to do. | 这是我做过最艰难的事之一 |
[00:46] | I swear it took a piece of me, Donna. | 我发誓我的心都少了一块 唐娜 |
[00:48] | You could look at it | 你可以认为 |
[00:49] | like you chose to give a piece of yourself. | 是你主动放弃了一块 |
[00:56] | Alex. | 亚历克斯 |
[00:58] | Can I talk to you about something? | 我能和你谈谈吗 |
[00:59] | Sure, Donna, what’s going on? | 当然可以 唐娜 怎么了 |
[01:01] | Well, ever since I got promoted | 自从我升职以来 |
[01:04] | I’ve been looking for a way to give back. | 我一直在找办法回报社会 |
[01:06] | And it turns out that a friend of mine | 然后我发现我有个朋友 |
[01:08] | is working for a charity that helps at-risk girls. | 在为一个帮助处境危难女孩的慈善机构工作 |
[01:11] | And I figured the best way for me to give some of my time– | 我想于我而言最佳的贡献方式… |
[01:13] | Would be to convince some lawyers to give some of theirs. | 就是说服一些律师去做贡献 |
[01:15] | Exactly. | 没错 |
[01:16] | Donna, I’d love to say yes, but I’m slammed right now. | 唐娜 我很想答应你 但我目前焦头烂额 |
[01:18] | and a charity like this | 而这种慈善机构 |
[01:19] | deserves more time than I can offer. | 理应得到的贡献 比我能付出的要多 |
[01:22] | I appreciate you hearing me out. | 谢谢你听我说完 |
[01:24] | I’ll find somebody else. | 我再去找找其他人 |
[01:26] | Donna, I have to ask. | 唐娜 我得问一句 |
[01:27] | Given how it went the last time you took on a pro bono, | 鉴于你上次接公益诉讼案的结果 |
[01:29] | have you cleared this with Robert? | 你这次有没有和罗伯特打过招呼 |
[01:31] | I’d hate to see him bite your head off a second time. | 我不想看着你再被他骂一次 |
[01:33] | Trust me, Alex, | 相信我 亚历克斯 |
[01:34] | I don’t make the same mistake twice. | 同样的错误我不会犯第二次 |
[01:36] | Robert’s good with it. | 罗伯特对这事没意见 |
[01:37] | Then I hope you find someone to handle it for you. | 那祝你找到能为你出力的人 |
[01:48] | Louis, what can I do for you? | 路易 我有什么能帮到你 |
[01:49] | Not me. I’m here about what you can do for Emmet Ford. | 不是我 我来是为了让你帮艾米特·福德 |
[01:52] | You mean the owner of the hottest online retailer in the world. | 你说的是世界上最火的在线零售商的老板吗 |
[01:54] | Yes I do. He wants to go public; there’s a problem; | 没错 他想上市 但出了个问题 |
[01:56] | and you need to drop everything you’re doing. | 你得放下手头的所有事情 |
[01:58] | Louis, I can’t right now. | 路易 我现在做不到 |
[01:59] | I’m up to my eyeballs in the Ratchinson brief. | 我正为拉钦森的案子忙得不可开交 |
[02:01] | Then give it to someone else. This is too important. | 让其他人去做那个 这事太重要了 |
[02:03] | Well, if it’s so important, | 如果真这么重要 |
[02:04] | why don’t you handle it yourself? | 你为什么不自己处理 |
[02:05] | I can’t. | 我不能 |
[02:08] | Louis, what’s going on? | 路易 怎么回事 |
[02:15] | Katrina, you need this to make senior partner. | 卡特里娜 它能帮你成为资深合伙人 |
[02:17] | What? I thought I had to show Robert | 什么 我还以为我得通过向罗伯特展示 |
[02:19] | I could manage people to make senior partner, which I did. | 我有管理能力来晋升 这我做到了 |
[02:22] | It’s not Robert. Every partner gets a vote. | 不仅是罗伯特 每个合伙人都有一票 |
[02:24] | And Paul goddamn Porter wants– | 而那个该死的保罗·波特想选… |
[02:26] | – Don’t tell me. That douchebag Hanrahan. – Yes. | -别说我他想选那个笨蛋亨拉汉 -没错 |
[02:30] | Katrina, look, I know I let you down, | 卡特里娜 我知道我让你失望了 |
[02:32] | and I’m sorry. | 对此我很抱歉 |
[02:34] | But you bring this home, | 但只要你搞定这个案子 |
[02:35] | I promise you will be senior partner next quarter. | 我保证你下个季度就能成为资深合伙人 |
[02:38] | Okay, Louis. | 好吧 路易 |
[02:41] | – I’ll take care of it. – Good. | -我会处理好的 -很好 |
[02:43] | Now I have to go deliver some more shitty news | 现在我得去传达某些更糟的消息了 |
[02:45] | to someone who’s gonna be less understanding than you. | 那家伙可没有你这么通情达理 |
[02:52] | I get it. You’re going through with the divorce, | 我明白 你正在闹离婚 |
[02:54] | but I don’t see why you can’t– | 但我不明白你为什么不能… |
[02:57] | No, I’m not okay with it, Marcus, | 不 我不接受 马库斯 |
[02:59] | but I guess I have to be. | 但我猜我没得选 |
[03:02] | Look, I got to go. Bye. | 我得挂了 再见 |
[03:04] | Louis, whatever it is, does it have to be now? | 路易 不管什么事 不能等等吗 |
[03:06] | I wish it didn’t, Harvey, | 我也不想 哈维 |
[03:08] | but I got a call from Dominic Barone a week ago. | 但我一周前接到了多米尼克·巴伦的的电话 |
[03:10] | Aston Martin put in offer to acquire McKernon Motors. | 阿斯顿马丁提出收购麦肯诺汽车公司 |
[03:13] | And I assume you’re here to ask | 我猜你来是想问 |
[03:14] | where they should shove that offer because- | 他们应该把这份提议扔到哪里 因为 |
[03:16] | I’m here to tell you Dominic’s taking it. | 我来是想说多米尼克决定接受它 |
[03:17] | Louis, if McKernon is acquired– | 路易 如果麦肯诺被收购了 |
[03:19] | Dominic won’t be our client anymore. | 多米尼克就不再是我们的客户了 |
[03:20] | I know. | 我知道 |
[03:21] | Undo it. Never mind. I’ll call him myself. | 那就让他拒绝 没事 我亲自打给他 |
[03:24] | Harvey, it is what he wants. | 哈维 这就是他想要的 |
[03:25] | Bullshit, he doesn’t know what he wants. | 胡说 他根本不知道自己想要什么 |
[03:26] | Yes, he does. | 不 他知道 |
[03:28] | And he’s my client now. | 而且他现在是我的客户 |
[03:29] | It’s a done deal, and I need you to accept | 这事已经定了 我只想让你接受 |
[03:30] | what he wants, even if it means losing him. | 他想要的 即使这意味着你要失去他 |
[03:32] | Louis. I’ve been looking for you. | 路易 我一直在找你 |
[03:34] | Joan Walsh is here. | 琼·沃尔什过来了 |
[03:36] | Wait, what? She’s not on my schedule. | 等等 什么 她没跟我预约 |
[03:37] | I know. She says it’s an emergency. | 我知道 她说是急事 |
[03:39] | Well, I’m sorry I don’t have time for her right now, Donna. | 那抱歉我现在没空见她 唐娜 |
[03:40] | – Why the hell not? – Because… | -为什么不见 -因为 |
[03:43] | I have an appointment on my other schedule. | 我另有安排了 |
[03:44] | What’s that supposed to mean? | 什么叫另有安排 |
[03:45] | It means I need to see Sheila right now, okay? | 就是说我现在要去见希拉 懂吗 |
[03:47] | And you know why. | 并且你也知道我是去干嘛的 |
[03:49] | Let me get this straight. You’re leaving the office | 让我理理 你现在要离开办公室 |
[03:50] | when a client has an emergency | 就算一位客户有急事找你 |
[03:52] | so you can fool around with your girlfriend. | 而你走就是因为想跟女朋友滚床单 |
[03:53] | – Harvey. – Yes, I am. | -哈维 -没错 就是这样 |
[03:55] | And I know this isn’t the best time to ask, | 我也知道现在开口不合适 |
[03:56] | but she is an old client of yours. | 但她是你的老客户 |
[03:58] | So if you can please take the meeting, | 所以如果能请你替我去见她 |
[03:59] | I will handle whatever it is when I get back. | 不管什么事 回来之后都由我来解决 |
[04:01] | Sure, Louis, you go ahead and enjoy | 那好 路易 你就出去然后享受 |
[04:03] | your afternoon delight. | 你悠闲的午后时光吧 |
[04:04] | I’ll just be here letting Dominic sell his company | 我就呆在这里让多米尼克卖掉自己的公司 |
[04:07] | and babysitting Joan Walsh while you’re gone. | 顺便在你不在的时候给琼·沃尔什当保姆 |
[04:15] | Harvey. What are you doing here? I was– | 哈维 你来干什么 我还在 |
[04:18] | Expecting Louis? | 等路易过来吗 |
[04:19] | Well, he’s not available right now, | 他现在没空 |
[04:20] | but I hear you have an emergency, Joan. | 而我听说你有急事 琼 |
[04:22] | So why don’t you read me in. | 不妨你就直接告诉我 |
[04:23] | A model named Daisy Jones posted a video claiming | 一位叫黛西·琼斯的模特发布了一段视频 |
[04:26] | my concealer gave her an allergic reaction. | 她声称我们公司的遮瑕膏让她过敏了 |
[04:29] | Sales on my new line are tanking. | 因此我们新产品的销售额正在下降 |
[04:31] | All right, I’ll take care of it. | 好的 我会处理 |
[04:33] | Where is she based? New York or Miami? | 她主要在哪里活动 纽约还是迈阿密 |
[04:35] | – Cleveland. – I’m sorry? | -克利夫兰 -你说什么 |
[04:37] | She’s not your typical model, Harvey. | 她不是你指的那种典型模特 哈维 |
[04:38] | She’s a digital influencer. | 她是个网红 |
[04:40] | All right, well, who is she managed by? | 好吧 那她的经纪人是谁 |
[04:42] | Her mother, last I checked. | 她妈妈 至少就我所知如此 |
[04:44] | Joan, how old is this person? | 琼 她多大了 |
[04:46] | 16. | 16岁 |
[04:47] | Then, with all due respect, | 那恕我直言 |
[04:49] | send her a gift basket and be done with it. | 用一个礼品篮把她打发走就行了 |
[04:51] | Harvey, you don’t get it. | 哈维 你不明白 |
[04:53] | This girl has 50 million followers. | 这个姑娘有五千万粉丝 |
[04:55] | We need to sue her into the ground | 我们需要起诉她 |
[04:57] | before she tanks my whole company. | 在她搞垮我整个公司之前 |
[04:59] | We also need to be conscious of your image, | 但我们也需要保护好你的形象 |
[05:01] | and suing a 16-year-old isn’t a pretty picture. | 起诉一个16岁小姑娘 场面可不会好看 |
[05:03] | It’s not the picture I’m worried about, Harvey. | 我不担心场面好不好看 哈维 |
[05:05] | It’s that video. | 我担心的是那个视频 |
[05:07] | So are you going to find a way to get it down, | 所以是你找到办法把事情解决 |
[05:09] | or do I need to find another firm who can? | 还是我要另请高明了 |
[05:16] | * See the money, wanna stay for your meal * | *看到钱 就愿意留下吃饭* |
[05:19] | * Get another piece of pie for your wife * | *给你太太再拿块馅饼* |
[05:23] | * Everybody wanna know how it feel * | *所有人都想知道那感觉* |
[05:26] | * Everybody wanna see what it’s like * | *所有人都想见见那景象* |
[05:29] | * I’ll even eat a bean pie, I don’t mind * | *豆子馅饼我也愿吃 我不在乎* |
[05:33] | * Me and Missy is so busy, busy making money * | *我和妹子忙着赚钱* |
[05:36] | * All right * | *好了* |
[05:38] | * All step back, I’m ’bout to dance * | *退开点 我要跳舞* |
[05:44] | * The greenback boogie * | *美钞爵士摇摇摇* |
[05:48] | Good morning, Donna. | 早上好 唐娜 |
[05:50] | Samantha. | 萨曼莎 |
[05:52] | What can I do for you today? | 今天有何事可以效劳 |
[05:53] | Actually, I thought there might be something I can do for you. | 实际上 我觉得我可以帮你一些忙 |
[05:55] | I heard you’re looking for representation for your charity. | 我听说你正在为你的公益诉讼案找律师 |
[05:58] | Oh, that’s nice of you to offer, | 谢谢你主动帮忙 |
[06:00] | but I know how much Robert leans on you, | 但我知道罗伯特有多倚重你 |
[06:03] | and I don’t think he’s gonna be okay | 我觉得他不会同意 |
[06:04] | with me doing it if it means you doing it. | 你替我做事的 |
[06:07] | Why do I get the feeling | 为什么我感觉 |
[06:08] | that even if he would be okay with me doing this you aren’t? | 即使他同意了 你也不愿意 |
[06:10] | Okay. Do you want the truth? | 好吧 你想听实话吗 |
[06:14] | I don’t think you’re the person for this. | 我觉得你不适合做这事 |
[06:15] | Because you still don’t trust me. | 因为你还不信任我 |
[06:17] | Because you haven’t shown me I can. | 因为你没有表现得让我能信任你 |
[06:20] | Okay, have it your way. | 好吧 随你怎么想 |
[06:21] | I’m sure Alex will knock it out of the park. | 我觉得亚历克斯肯定会表现得非常出色 |
[06:23] | Oh wait, he’s too busy. | 等等 他太忙了 |
[06:25] | You could always try one of those junior partners. | 你可以找一个初级合伙人接这个案子 |
[06:27] | Of course, they’re all too afraid of Robert | 当然 他们都太害怕罗伯特了 |
[06:28] | to spend billable hours on a pro bono. | 不敢在公益诉讼案上浪费时间 |
[06:30] | – Are you done? – I don’t know. Am I? | -说完了吗 -我不知道 我该闭嘴了吗 |
[06:31] | Not until you tell me why you want this so much. | 先告诉我你为什么这么想接公益诉讼 |
[06:33] | Well, if I told you it’s because I care about the work | 如果我告诉你是因为我关心慈善事业 |
[06:35] | this charity does you’d never believe me. | 你是不会相信的 |
[06:37] | So why don’t we just say | 所以不如就说 |
[06:38] | it’s because a little birdie asked me to. | 是一只小鸟让我这么做的 |
[06:40] | Okay, Samantha. | 好吧 萨曼莎 |
[06:42] | I’ll send you their files. | 我会把他们的文件发给你 |
[06:49] | Brian, there you are. | 布莱恩 你在这 |
[06:51] | I need your help with something. | 我需要你帮忙 |
[06:52] | Sure, what is it? | 当然可以 什么事 |
[06:53] | Emmet Ford hit a roadblock | 艾米特·福德的公司 |
[06:54] | getting listed on the stock exchange | 在股交所上市时遇到了一些困难 |
[06:56] | and we need to blow that roadblock away. | 我们需要帮他扫清障碍 |
[06:57] | Whoa, whoa, Katrina, whatever this is, | 卡特里娜 不管是什么障碍 |
[06:59] | you can handle this yourself. | 你自己都能搞定 |
[07:00] | Why are you coming to me with it? | 你为什么要来找我帮忙 |
[07:01] | Three reasons. | 有三个原因 |
[07:02] | One, you have more stock exchange experience than I do. | 第一 你有更多处理股票交易案件的经验 |
[07:04] | – Two, I want a show of force. – And three? | -第二 我想强势一点 -第三呢 |
[07:06] | Let’s just say Donna once said that | 唐娜曾经说过 |
[07:09] | you make everyone around you better. | 你能让身边的人变得更好 |
[07:11] | And I need to be at my best on this case. | 我在处理这个案子时需要保持最佳状态 |
[07:14] | – Then I accept. – Then read up. | -那我同意了 -那就看看资料吧 |
[07:16] | We’re meeting them in an hour. | 我们一小时后见客户 |
[07:24] | Donna, just the person I was about to come see. | 唐娜 我正好要找你 |
[07:26] | – Oh, is that a fact? – You seem perturbed. | -是吗 -你好像很不安 |
[07:28] | I am. Because Samantha just asked | 的确 因为萨曼莎刚刚 |
[07:30] | to represent my charity and there’s no way | 要接我的公益诉讼案 |
[07:32] | she would have done that if she hadn’t | 要不是她从你这知道的消息 |
[07:34] | heard about it from you. | 她肯定不会提出这种要求 |
[07:35] | Donna, you two got off on the wrong foot, | 唐娜 你们对彼此的第一印象不好 |
[07:36] | and I know for a fact she wants to fix it. | 我知道她想改善你们的关系 |
[07:38] | And how do you know that? | 你怎么会知道 |
[07:39] | Because when I came to her with this | 因为当我带着这件事去找她时 |
[07:41] | She said it’ll kill two birds with one stone, | 她说这事可以一石二鸟 |
[07:43] | and one of those birds was making good with you. | 二鸟之一就是改善和你的关系 |
[07:45] | Well, I still wish you hadn’t gone to her at all. | 我还是希望你从来没去找过她 |
[07:49] | Does that mean I should tear up this check? | 这意味着我应该撕了这张支票吗 |
[07:56] | This is a donation for $5 million. | 这可是500万美元的捐赠 |
[07:58] | That Samantha insisted I get | 这是萨曼莎在接你的公益诉讼之前 |
[07:59] | before she took on your charity. | 坚持要给我的 |
[08:02] | Donna, she’s serious about this. | 唐娜 她是认真的 |
[08:06] | Okay, Alex, I’ll give her a chance. | 好吧 亚历克斯 我会给她个机会 |
[08:09] | Thank you for this check. | 谢谢你给我这张支票 |
[08:16] | Mr. Ford, I’m Katrina Bennett. | 福德先生 我是卡特里娜·班尼特 |
[08:19] | – This is Brian Altman. – It’s nice to meet you both. | -这是布莱恩·阿特曼 -很高兴认识你们 |
[08:21] | We’ve read up on your situation, | 我们已经看过了你的资料 |
[08:23] | but we want to hear it directly from you. | 但我们还是想听你亲自说下情况 |
[08:25] | Okay, here it is. | 好的 我来说 |
[08:27] | I’ve spent the last six months | 我在过去六个月里 |
[08:30] | trying to drum up interest in our IPO. | 一直在为我们公司的首次公开募股造势 |
[08:32] | And then at the eleventh hour, | 到了最后关头 |
[08:34] | the stock exchange pulls a rug out from under me. | 股交所突然不再支持我 |
[08:36] | – Why would they do that? – Ask Marc Aiken. | -他们为什么这么做 -你去问马克·艾肯 |
[08:38] | The Chairman of the board? | 董事会主席 |
[08:39] | Yeah. | 对 |
[08:40] | The jackass has had it in for me | 那个混蛋从我们还在高盛共事时 |
[08:42] | ever since we worked together at Goldman. | 就开始跟我作对 |
[08:45] | The board said they pulled support | 董事会说他们不再支持我 |
[08:46] | because of concern over our site’s content, | 是因为对我们网站的内容有疑虑 |
[08:49] | but I know damn well– | 但我非常清楚 |
[08:50] | It’s just a pretext for Marc to screw you over. | 这只是马克想要整你的借口 |
[08:52] | Exactly. | 没错 |
[08:54] | If I don’t get this infusion of capital, | 如果得不到注资 |
[08:56] | I am dead in the water. | 我就寸步难行 |
[08:57] | Then all we need to do | 那我们需要做的就是 |
[08:58] | is show this is bad faith and you’re in. | 证明这是欺诈 就没问题了 |
[09:00] | And that shouldn’t be too hard. | 应该不是很困难 |
[09:01] | All we need are those board minutes. | 我们只需要拿到董事会会议记录 |
[09:02] | I tried that myself already; they’re sealed. | 我已经试过了 记录被封存了 |
[09:04] | – Then we need to unseal them. – How? | -那我们就把记录解封 -怎么解 |
[09:07] | By getting it on record that Marc Aiken hates your guts. | 把马克·艾肯对你恨之入骨记录在案 |
[09:12] | All right, I understand we’re here because of a few blackheads. | 我知道我们会面是因为几颗黑头的原因 |
[09:15] | So what’s it gonna take to get that video down? | 把视频从网上删除需要什么条件 |
[09:17] | My client’s complexion is her livelihood, Mr. Specter. | 我的客户是靠脸吃饭的 斯佩克特先生 |
[09:20] | Not only did this incident harm her brand, | 这次意外不仅损害了她的名声 |
[09:23] | it brought her emotional anguish. | 还给她带来了情感上的痛苦 |
[09:25] | It was so bad I couldn’t post a video for a week. | 太糟糕了 我一个礼拜都无法上传视频 |
[09:29] | Except the one defaming my client. | 除了诽谤我客户的那一段 |
[09:31] | Well, I had to show people what it did to my face. | 我得让人们知道这些产品对我的脸造成的后果 |
[09:34] | It was shaming. | 我感觉很丢人 |
[09:35] | Which is why in addition to the video staying up | 这就是为什么不仅视频不能删 |
[09:38] | we’ve prepared this. | 我们还准备了这个 |
[09:43] | Listen to me, | 听我说 |
[09:44] | if every 16-year-old girl filed suit every time | 如果每次一个16岁女孩 |
[09:48] | she wasn’t happy with what she saw in the mirror, | 照镜子时觉得自己不够美就去起诉 |
[09:50] | our legal system would grind to a halt. | 我国的司法系统会瘫痪的 |
[09:52] | I’m not every 16-year-old girl, Mr. Specter. | 我可不是普通的16岁女孩 斯佩克特先生 |
[09:56] | And you want me to take down that video and not file this? | 你想让我把视频删除并且放弃上诉吗 |
[09:59] | – I want $10 million. – I see. | -我要一千万美元 -我明白了 |
[10:01] | – So this is a shakedown? – This is a legitimate claim, | -这是在敲诈 -这是合理索赔 |
[10:04] | and your wisest course of action would be to write that check. | 而你最明智的做法就是签支票付钱 |
[10:07] | My course of action is gonna be to hit you with a defamation suit | 我的做法将是对你提出诽谤上诉 |
[10:10] | because you have no proof | 因为你根本没有证据 |
[10:11] | our product caused your break outs. | 是我们的产品导致了你的皮肤问题 |
[10:13] | And I don’t think you understand that I have 50 million followers | 我觉得你不知道我有五千万名粉丝 |
[10:16] | who will do anything I tell them to. | 我说什么他们做什么 |
[10:17] | So even if that video comes down, | 所以即使视频被删除了 |
[10:20] | I can tell them not to use your client anyway. | 我还是能让他们别去用你客户的产品 |
[10:22] | That’s it. I don’t care how old you are. | 够了 我不关心你几岁 |
[10:25] | You know what you’re doing. | 你知道自己在干什么 |
[10:26] | You deserve what’s coming for you, | 这些后果都是你自找的 |
[10:28] | and this meeting’s over. | 还有这次会面结束了 |
[10:38] | – Okay, Harvey. – Okay, what? | -好的 哈维 -什么好的 |
[10:41] | Okay. Why don’t you make your jokes | 好的 为何你不开几个 |
[10:43] | about me and Sheila procreating | 关于我和希拉造人的玩笑 |
[10:44] | so we can get to you filling me in on Joan’s emergency. | 然后给我讲讲琼的紧急状况 |
[10:46] | I don’t need to fill you in, Louis. I got it from here. | 我不需要告诉你 路易 我来接手就行 |
[10:48] | No, you don’t have anything. | 不行 你什么都不许接手 |
[10:50] | You were just supposed to babysit her. | 你只需要临时照看她一下 |
[10:51] | That’s the thing about actually being at work, Louis. | 这就是工作的真谛 路易 |
[10:53] | Situations change and you make adjustments. | 情况随时变化 你也得随之调整 |
[10:56] | This isn’t a situation. This is you taking my client. | 这不是什么情况 这是你把我客户抢了 |
[10:59] | And you were the one okay with clients leaving | 当时是你同意 如果客户想的话 |
[11:00] | if that’s what they wanted. | 他们随时可以离开 |
[11:01] | So that’s what this is about. | 所以是这个原因 |
[11:03] | Your mad because I let Dominic do | 你生气是因为我当时让多米尼克 |
[11:04] | what was best for him. | 去做对他来说最好的选择 |
[11:05] | No, this is about you left the office | 不 是因为你离开办公室 |
[11:07] | to get your girlfriend knocked up. | 去跟你女朋友造人 |
[11:09] | I started working a case, and I’m gonna finish it. | 我既然接了案子 就要把这案子做完 |
[11:11] | Don’t you bring Sheila into this. | 你别把希拉卷进来 |
[11:13] | I didn’t, Louis. You did. | 不是我 路易 是你把她卷进来的 |
[11:15] | Now, you listen to me closely | 现在你给我好好听着 |
[11:17] | ’cause I’m not gonna say this again. | 我不说第二遍 |
[11:18] | Your services are no longer needed on this case. | 这个案子不需要你参与了 |
[11:23] | Mr. Aiken, exactly how do you feel about Emmet Ford? | 艾肯先生 你对艾米特·福德的感觉如何 |
[11:26] | – Ambivalent. – Ambivalent? | -有好有坏 -有好有坏 |
[11:28] | You worked together for seven years. | 你们一起工作了七年 |
[11:30] | Asked and answered. Where is this going? | 你们问了 我也答了 你们到底想说什么 |
[11:32] | It’s going to the fact that your client | 我们想说的是你的客户蓄意破坏 |
[11:33] | deliberately tried to sabotage Emmet Ford’s IPO | 艾米特·福德的公司的首次公开募股 |
[11:36] | because he doesn’t like him. | 就因为他不喜欢他 |
[11:37] | That’s bullshit. | 纯属胡扯 |
[11:39] | – Really, then why did you punch him? – What? | -是吗 那你为什么打了他 -什么 |
[11:41] | Why would you throw a punch at someone if you like them? | 如果你喜欢某人 为什么你会打他 |
[11:43] | I didn’t say I like him, and that incident | 我没说我喜欢他 而那起事件 |
[11:46] | happened on the trading floor at Goldman. | 是在高盛交易大厅发生的 |
[11:48] | Throwing punches was considered friendly. | 在那里互相打两拳是友好的表现 |
[11:50] | I got to tell you, Marc, it doesn’t sound friendly. | 我得告诉你 马克 这事听起来可不友好 |
[11:52] | I don’t care what it sounds like. | 我不在乎听起来什么样 |
[11:53] | Then let me tell you how it looks. | 那我告诉你看起来什么样 |
[11:54] | You had a fight; you held a grudge; | 你们打了架 你心怀积怨 |
[11:55] | and when you got the chance to screw over | 当你有机会能报复你讨厌的人时 |
[11:56] | a man you hate, you took it. | 你一定会抓住机会 |
[11:58] | I didn’t screw him over. | 我没有报复他 |
[11:59] | But you do hate him, don’t you? | 但你确实讨厌他 对不对 |
[12:00] | Okay, you know what? I can’t stand him. | 好吧 你知道吗 我受不了他 |
[12:02] | I think he’s a sanctimonious son of a bitch | 我觉得他就是个装模作样的贱人 |
[12:04] | and if I never see him again, it’ll be too soon, | 现在说什么老死不相往来还太早 |
[12:07] | but I did not keep him off that exchange. | 但我没有阻挠他的交易 |
[12:11] | Then if you’re not going to tell us the truth about that, | 如果你仍不打算告诉我们实话 |
[12:14] | the board minutes will. | 董事会会议记录也会证明 |
[12:16] | You have no right to those minutes. | 你们无权查阅会议记录 |
[12:17] | We do, now that he’s admitted personal bias. | 不 我们有 既然他承认存在个人偏见 |
[12:20] | So either we can subpoena those minutes | 那要么就是我们申请查阅会议记录的传票 |
[12:21] | and show this tape in open court, | 并在庭审时公开播放 |
[12:24] | or you can turn them over today. | 要么就是你今天就交出来 |
[12:25] | But you better decide fast | 不过你最好快点做决定 |
[12:26] | because I’ve already drafted that subpoena. | 因为传票我已经起草好了 |
[12:33] | You’ll have them by the end of the day. | 今天下班前会给你们 |
[12:39] | And then I said, “It’s not the same.” | 然后我说 “这不一样” |
[12:41] | And then he said, “Well, you’re the one | 然后他说 “反正不在乎 |
[12:42] | who’s okay with clients leaving.” | 客户流失的人是你” |
[12:43] | And then he brought up Sheila, and then I got really mad, | 然后他就提起希拉 然后我就很恼火 |
[12:45] | and then I got really sad and called you. | 然后很伤心 然后就打电话给了你 |
[12:47] | Now fix it. | 现在怎么办 |
[12:48] | Louis, customarily I find your frustrations | 路易 通常你和哈维的矛盾 |
[12:51] | with Harvey to be entirely of your own making, | 都完全是你自己造成的 |
[12:54] | but in this instance, | 但是这一次 |
[12:56] | it sounds like Harvey may be the one in the wrong. | 听上去错的像是哈维 |
[12:59] | Holy shit, I need to go out | 我的老天 那我真得 |
[13:00] | and buy a lotto ticket right now. | 马上出门买张乐透彩票了 |
[13:01] | Louis, stay with me. | 路易 听我说 |
[13:04] | You two have known each other a long time. | 你们两个已经相识很久了 |
[13:06] | You’ve had your ups and downs. | 你们经历了许多波折起伏 |
[13:07] | Yeah, I know, it’s like we’re almost in a relationship. | 没错 我感觉我们俩几乎像情侣似的 |
[13:10] | Not almost, it is a relationship. | 不是几乎 就是 |
[13:13] | Oh, my God. | 我的天 |
[13:14] | I’m in a relationship with Harvey. | 我居然在跟哈维谈恋爱 |
[13:18] | Can I be the boy? | 我能当攻吗 |
[13:19] | Oh, scratch that, I don’t even give a shit. | 算了吧 我才不在乎 |
[13:20] | I’m in a relationship with Harvey. | 我居然跟哈维在一起了 |
[13:21] | And would you like to work on that relationship? | 你是想挽救这段关系 |
[13:24] | Or spend the rest of the session | 还是想把接下来的时间都用来 |
[13:25] | celebrating its existence. | 庆祝它存在的事实 |
[13:27] | I think we both know the answer to that, | 我想我们都知道答案 |
[13:28] | but I’ll settle for working on it. | 但是我决定挽救 |
[13:29] | In that case… | 既然如此 |
[13:31] | what would Harvey say | 如果你问哈维 |
[13:33] | if you were to ask him why he is so upset? | 他为什么那么生气 他会怎么说 |
[13:36] | I don’t know. He’s Harvey. | 我不知道 他可是哈维 |
[13:38] | He’d say, “I’m right. You’re wrong.” | 他估计会说 “我是对的 你是错的” |
[13:39] | – Touch his hair and leave. – Louis. | -撩撩头发而后扬长而去 -路易 |
[13:41] | If you cannot see him as human being, | 如果你不能把他当成一个普通人的话 |
[13:43] | I cannot help you. | 那我也帮不了你 |
[13:46] | – What if I brought him in? – Excuse me? | -如果我带他来呢 -什么 |
[13:48] | You do couple’s counseling. | 你也做夫妻关系咨询的 |
[13:50] | What if I brought him in to work on our relationship? | 如果我带他一起来解决我们的关系问题呢 |
[13:51] | That is not exactly what I meant… | 那不是我刚刚想说的意思 |
[13:53] | – You just said we’re a couple. – I didn’t say that. | -你刚刚说我们是一对 -我没那么说 |
[13:55] | Well, then what did you say? | 那你说什么了 |
[13:57] | Because I don’t know what he’s feeling, | 因为我不知道他的感受 |
[13:59] | but I do know that we need help. | 但我确实知道我们需要帮助 |
[14:03] | Okay, Louis. | 好吧 路易 |
[14:05] | If you can bring him in, I’ll help. | 如果你能带他来 我会帮你们 |
[14:17] | Did you finish reading the minutes? | 你看完会议记录了吗 |
[14:18] | Yes. I read them twice | 嗯 我看了两遍 |
[14:20] | to make sure I wasn’t missing anything. | 以确保没有漏掉任何信息 |
[14:22] | Well, you didn’t. | 你没漏掉 |
[14:23] | All these show is hours of Aiken lobbying | 所有内容都在讲艾肯如何试图 |
[14:24] | to keep Emmet’s business | 游说维持艾米特的公司 |
[14:26] | and everyone else lobbying against him. | 以及所有人都在如何反对他 |
[14:27] | I know. He set us up. | 我知道 他在耍我们 |
[14:29] | So we’d spend half the day wasting our time | 还有几天就要首次公开募股了 |
[14:31] | while the clock on that IPO is ticking. | 我们却浪费了半天时间 |
[14:33] | Now I have to stay here all night because | 我得留在这通宵了 因为 |
[14:34] | we’re running out of time, and I’m not losing this case. | 我们快没时间了 而我不能输掉这个案子 |
[14:37] | Then I just have one question. | 那我只有一个问题 |
[14:40] | Indian or Chinese? | 印度菜还是中国菜 |
[14:41] | Because if you’re staying here all night, I am too. | 因为如果你要通宵加班 我也留下 |
[14:44] | Indian. | 印度菜吧 |
[14:46] | Thanks, Brian. | 谢谢你 布莱恩 |
[14:49] | Don’t you look nice. | 你可真美啊 |
[14:51] | We doing costume changes in the middle of the day now? | 才中午就要玩大变身了吗 |
[14:53] | Okay, first of all, it is not the middle of the day, | 首先 现在不是中午 |
[14:55] | and, second, I’m going to a gala for the charity | 其次 我要参加你说的那个慈善晚宴 |
[14:57] | that you said you didn’t have time for. | 你之前说你没时间去 |
[14:59] | Well, if I’d known you were gonna dress like that, | 早知道你穿得这么美 |
[15:01] | I’d have made time. | 我怎么也得挤出时间去 |
[15:02] | And if had known that | 要是我早知道 |
[15:03] | a married man was going to hit on me at work, | 一个已婚男士要在工作时间勾搭我 |
[15:04] | I would have served him with papers. | 我会丢给他一堆文书去处理 |
[15:06] | Come on, baby, don’t be like that. | 别嘛 宝贝儿 别这么凶 |
[15:09] | Seriously, Donna, I’m glad it worked out with Samantha. | 说真的 唐娜 我很高兴萨曼莎的事能成 |
[15:11] | Thanks, Alex. | 谢谢 亚历克斯 |
[15:13] | I’m glad it did too. | 我也很高兴 |
[15:22] | Brian, I don’t know where you found this place, | 布莱恩 我不知道你在哪儿找到的这家店 |
[15:24] | but this is the best masala I’ve had since college. | 但这是我大学以来吃过最棒的咖喱了 |
[15:28] | I just realized this is, like, | 我才意识到 |
[15:29] | our third dinner we’ve had together, | 这已经是我们一起吃的第三顿晚餐 |
[15:31] | and I don’t even know where you went to college. | 而我竟然不知道你上的哪所大学 |
[15:33] | Well, if you must know, I went to Princeton, | 你如果非得知道的话 我上的普林斯顿 |
[15:35] | but before you can ask about my major, I couldn’t dec– | 但在你问我的专业之前 我不能 |
[15:36] | Holy shit, Princeton. | 我了个去 普林斯顿 |
[15:39] | Brian, it’s not that big a deal. | 布莱恩 这没什么大不了的 |
[15:40] | Everybody here went to Harvard Law– | 这里每个人都上的哈佛法… |
[15:41] | I’m not talking about that. | 我的重点不在这 |
[15:42] | – I’m talking about Tony Gold. – Who’s Tony Gold? | -我说的是托尼·高德 -谁是托尼·高德 |
[15:44] | He was my rival on the debate team in high school. | 我高中辩论队里的死对头 |
[15:47] | He knew Princeton was my dream | 他知道我梦想的大学是普林斯顿 |
[15:48] | and that my parents couldn’t afford to send me | 而我的父母又负担不起送我 |
[15:50] | to the interview in person. | 去参加面试 |
[15:51] | So Tony offered to let me ride up | 所以托尼主动提出让我 |
[15:53] | with his family as an olive branch. | 和他家一起去 搭个便车 |
[15:54] | – How’d the interview go? – He never picked me up. | -面试如何 -他放了我鸽子 |
[15:56] | Princeton thought I’d bailed; | 普林斯顿大学那边以为我临阵脱逃 |
[15:57] | he got in; I didn’t. | 他进了 我没有 |
[15:59] | Brian, that’s horrible. | 布莱恩 这太过分了 |
[16:00] | It is, but Tony came up with a bullshit story | 的确 但是托尼编了一个扯淡的理由 |
[16:02] | about why they never showed, and I believed him. | 解释了他的缺席 我竟然还信了 |
[16:04] | Until his little brother told me the truth | 直到他弟弟告诉我事实真相 |
[16:07] | a few months later. | 那都是好几个月后了 |
[16:08] | What are you saying? | 你想说什么 |
[16:09] | I’m saying Tony couldn’t keep it to himself. | 我想说的是托尼没办法把这事憋在心里 |
[16:11] | Because when you do something like that– | 因为当你做了这种事情 |
[16:12] | You have to tell someone. | 你一定想说出来 |
[16:14] | Which means all we need to do is find | 也就是说我们只需要找到 |
[16:16] | Marc Aiken’s little brother. | 马克·艾肯的弟弟 |
[16:21] | You got a little masala on your… | 你把咖喱沾到你 |
[16:24] | Other side. | 另一边 |
[16:27] | Your–here. | 你的 来 |
[16:30] | Let me get it. | 我帮你擦 |
[16:34] | What? | 怎么 |
[16:35] | I just made it 1,000 times worse. | 我搞得更糟糕了 |
[16:37] | You look like Ronald McDonald. | 你看上去就像麦当劳叔叔 |
[16:38] | I thought you do this with your son, like, every day. | 我以为你天天给儿子擦嘴呢 |
[16:41] | Well, I haven’t had to do it with him in months | 其实我已经好几个月没这么做了 |
[16:42] | because his food is the train, | 因为他已经把食物当作小火车 |
[16:44] | and he keeps it in the station. | 稳稳当当地送进嘴巴这个车站里了 |
[16:46] | – Ha ha, give me that napkin. – No. | -把纸巾给我 -不给 |
[16:49] | Not till after I take a picture. | 先等我拍张照 |
[16:50] | No, you are not taking a picture of me. | 不准你拍 |
[16:52] | Well, maybe you should have thought of that | 也许在我把酱抹你一脸之前 |
[16:53] | before you let me wipe sauce all over your face. | 你该想到会这样的 |
[16:56] | All right, I’ll get it off. | 好啦 我给你擦了 |
[17:03] | I don’t think we should eat anymore masala. | 我们还是不要再吃咖喱了 |
[17:14] | Donna, I cannot thank you enough for your donation. | 唐娜 对于你的捐款我真是感激不尽 |
[17:17] | You’re already making such a difference. | 你已经作出了这么大的贡献 |
[17:18] | Oh, please, Peggy, you’re the ones | 别说了 佩吉 你才是那个 |
[17:19] | making the real difference. | 作出真正贡献的人 |
[17:21] | I’m just happy I could help you do it. | 我只是很高兴能够帮上忙 |
[17:25] | Will you excuse me for a minute? | 我能失陪一下吗 |
[17:27] | Sure. | 去吧 |
[17:30] | – Samantha. – Donna. | -萨曼莎 -唐娜 |
[17:32] | I have to say I didn’t expect to see you here. | 我没料到会在这儿看见你 |
[17:34] | I didn’t expect to be here. | 我自己也觉得很意外 |
[17:36] | Did you come to show me how good you look all dressed up? | 你是来向我展示你的摇曳身姿的么 |
[17:38] | What if I came to see how good you look all dressed up? | 如果我是来看你的美丽倩影的呢 |
[17:41] | Miss Wheeler, are you flirting with me? | 惠勒小姐 你是在和我调情吗 |
[17:43] | And how would that make you feel if I was? | 我要说是 你会做何感想 |
[17:45] | Are you kidding? I went to theater camp. | 你在搞笑吧 我可是去过戏剧训练营的人 |
[17:48] | But I would still like to know why you’re here. | 但我还是很想知道你为什么来 |
[17:51] | I mean, you don’t strike me as the kind of person | 在我的印象里你是那种 |
[17:52] | who would come to an event like this unless she had to. | 除非万不得已不会出现在这种场合的人 |
[17:54] | I wouldn’t, but if I’m gonna represent these people, | 没错 但如果我要帮这些人打官司 |
[17:56] | I need to know what they do and how they do it. | 我得知道他们做什么 怎么做的 |
[17:59] | While we’re on the subject of working, | 既然我们都谈到了工作 |
[18:00] | I got that check from Alex. | 我拿到了亚历克斯的那张支票 |
[18:02] | Is that your way of saying you’re good with me doing this? | 你是说你同意我这么做吗 |
[18:04] | It is, but it’s not just because of the money. | 没错 但不只是因为钱 |
[18:07] | You’re here showing interest. | 你出现在这里 表现出了你的兴趣 |
[18:08] | That’s just the kind of representation this place needs. | 证明你正是这地方需要的代表律师 |
[18:11] | Well, in that case, maybe we should hit up the food. | 既然如此 或许我们应该先对食物下手 |
[18:14] | I may not have come for the shrimp cocktail, | 我也许不是为了鸡尾酒来的 |
[18:15] | but I’m gonna eat the shit out of some. | 但我得大吃一顿 |
[18:18] | I’ve already had 16 oysters myself. | 我已经吃了十六只生蚝了 |
[18:20] | 17th won’t hurt anybody. | 再来一个也无妨 |
[18:29] | I don’t know about you, | 不知道你怎么样 |
[18:30] | but not all the cocktails I had last night were shrimp. | 但我昨晚不光吃了鸡尾酒虾 还喝了很多酒 |
[18:35] | Thank you, Donna. You didn’t have to. | 谢谢你 唐娜 你不必这么做 |
[18:36] | Just like you didn’t have to take on this charity. | 就像你也不必接这个公益诉讼 |
[18:39] | But I got the impression from Alex | 但我从亚历克斯那了解到 |
[18:41] | that he saw a side of you that I hadn’t, | 他看到了你身上我看不到的一面 |
[18:42] | and last night I think I started to see it too. | 我觉得我昨晚也看到那一面了 |
[18:46] | Well, as long as we’re talking about last night, | 既然谈到昨晚 |
[18:48] | I may have found something wrong. | 我可能发现了些问题 |
[18:50] | What do you mean? | 你是什么意思 |
[18:51] | I mean, charities typically spend 5% of their budget | 我想说 慈善机构一般会花费5%的预算 |
[18:54] | on fundraising, but based on the disclosures | 在筹款方面 但根据你朋友 |
[18:56] | I got from your friend, Peggy, | 佩吉的披露 |
[18:57] | they’ve been at 5.3% for the last five years. | 他们过去五年花费了5.3%的预算 |
[19:01] | Sound like a simple rounding error. | 四舍五入不就刚好 |
[19:03] | Donna. | 唐娜 |
[19:04] | I have a nose for this kind of thing, | 我对这种事很敏感 |
[19:05] | and I think Peggy is up to something shady. | 我觉得佩吉在做见不得人的事 |
[19:08] | And the problem with people who fix things | 一些习惯于解决问题的人 |
[19:10] | is they can’t stop looking for problems to fix. | 他们的毛病就是看什么都有问题 |
[19:13] | You think I’m making this up? | 你觉得我是在无中生有吗 |
[19:14] | I think you’re making .3% into more than it is. | 我觉得你对那0.3%太执着了 |
[19:16] | And I think the devil is in the details, | 我认为细节决定成败 |
[19:18] | and I am telling you this detail is trouble. | 我告诉你 这个细节有问题 |
[19:21] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[19:23] | If you’re so sure, I’ll talk to Peggy. | 如果你这么肯定 我会找佩吉谈 |
[19:24] | Maybe I should be the one– | 或许我该去找她 |
[19:25] | Samantha, if my friend has been lying to me, | 萨曼莎 如果我朋友有事瞒着我 |
[19:27] | I’m not gonna ignore it. | 我不会置若罔闻的 |
[19:29] | I’m gonna turn on my spidey senses, | 我会开启我的敏锐直觉 |
[19:31] | and I’m gonna find out if you’re right, | 通过调查来看看你所言是否为实 |
[19:32] | and what I want you to do | 我想让你做的是 |
[19:34] | is not try to fix this in the meantime. | 暂时别管这件事 |
[19:36] | Okay. Let me know what you find. | 好的 查到了什么告诉我 |
[19:48] | Harvey, we need to talk | 哈维 我们需要谈谈 |
[19:50] | because our relationship needs tending. | 因为我们的感情需要维护了 |
[19:51] | Our what needs what? | 我们的什么需要什么 |
[19:53] | You heard me. We’re in a relationship, | 你没听错 我们俩在谈恋爱 |
[19:54] | and it’s not working. | 不是工作上的那种谈恋爱 |
[19:55] | Then break up with me | 那你把我甩了吧 |
[19:56] | and go out with somebody else ’cause I’m busy. | 我很忙 你去找别人吧 |
[19:58] | Harvey, I am serious. We’re partners. | 哈维 我是认真的 我们是搭档 |
[20:00] | We need to work on our relationship, | 我们需要经营感情 |
[20:01] | and we need help doing it. | 并且需要别人的帮助 |
[20:02] | Louis, what exactly are you getting at? | 路易 你到底想说什么 |
[20:04] | Dr. Lipschitz. | 利普希茨医生 |
[20:04] | Your therapist? | 你的心理医生吗 |
[20:05] | – Yeah, and he agreed– – No. | -对 他认为… -我拒绝 |
[20:06] | But– | 但是… |
[20:07] | Louis, there’s no way I’m going to a session with your therapist. | 路易 我不会去见你的心理医生 |
[20:10] | Actually it would be for the both of us. | 事实上我们俩得一起去 |
[20:11] | Are you fucking kidding me? | 你是在开玩笑吧 |
[20:12] | That’s the dumbest thing I’ve ever heard. | 这是我听过最蠢的事 |
[20:14] | Well, he thinks it’s a good idea. | 他认为这是个好主意 |
[20:15] | Which just goes to show that he’s an idiot, and so are you. | 那证明你们俩都是蠢货 |
[20:18] | Don’t turn this on me | 别把矛头指向我 |
[20:19] | and don’t talk about him that way. | 也别那么说我的医生 |
[20:21] | What’s going on here? | 发生了什么 |
[20:22] | Harvey won’t go to couple’s counseling with me. | 哈维不想和我去做夫妻咨询 |
[20:24] | – What? – Exactly. | -你说什么 -你看吧 |
[20:25] | No, not exactly. | 才不是呢 |
[20:27] | Because you took my client; you’re upset about Dominic; | 你抢了我的客户 为多米尼克的事生气 |
[20:29] | you insulted me, my therapist, and the woman I love. | 你侮辱我 我的心理医生 还有我的爱人 |
[20:31] | And none of that would have happened | 如果你首要考虑律所的利益 |
[20:32] | if you put the needs of this firm over your afternoon delight. | 而不是图一时之快 这些事都不会发生 |
[20:35] | And here we go again. | 又来了 |
[20:36] | Louis, will you give us a minute? | 路易 让我和他谈谈好吗 |
[20:43] | Donna, I don’t want to talk about this. | 唐娜 我不想谈这件事 |
[20:44] | Too bad, because I heard the way | 由不得你 因为根据你 |
[20:46] | you spoke to Louis before and just now, | 和路易讲话的方式来看 |
[20:47] | and there’s clearly stuff going on with you | 一定发生了什么事 |
[20:49] | that you’re not dealing with. | 而你没去处理 |
[20:50] | Probably has something to do with | 可能和你刚刚经历了 |
[20:51] | what you just went through with Marcus. | 马库斯的事有关 |
[20:53] | This has nothing to do with him getting a divorce. | 和他要离婚一点关系都没有 |
[20:56] | He’s what? | 他要什么 |
[20:57] | He called. | 他打来了电话 |
[20:59] | They’re not gonna try to work it out. | 他们不打算和解了 |
[21:01] | Well, I don’t care if you go see Lipschitz or someone else, | 我不管你去不去找利普希茨或其他什么医生 |
[21:04] | but you need to deal with yourself. | 但你要处理一下自己的情绪 |
[21:05] | And stop treating Louis like you used to | 而且不要像以前那样对路易 |
[21:07] | because he’s not that man anymore. | 因为他已经不是以前那个人了 |
[21:09] | And I thought you were neither. | 我以为你也变了的 |
[21:16] | – Okay, thanks for your time. – Anything? | -好的 感谢你抽时间 -有什么发现吗 |
[21:20] | Nothing. | 一无所获 |
[21:21] | That was the 15th person I’ve called | 这已经是我打电话找的第十五个 |
[21:23] | that knows Marc Aiken, | 认识马克·艾肯的人了 |
[21:24] | and no one says they’re anything more than an acquaintance. | 并且每个人都说自己与他只是泛泛之交而已 |
[21:26] | That tracks with what Emmet told me. | 这和艾米特告诉我的一样 |
[21:27] | The man has no friends, no family, | 这人没有朋友 没有家人 |
[21:29] | just a bunch of associates who can barely stand him. | 只有一群受不了他的助理律师 |
[21:32] | The guy I just talked to said | 刚刚跟我通电话的那家伙说 |
[21:33] | he’s got a standing tee time at Quaker Ridge | 他在魁克岭高尔夫俱乐部预约了开球时间 |
[21:35] | for the sole purpose of advancing his career. | 就为了在职场上更进一步 |
[21:37] | I bet it works. | 我打赌这招有用 |
[21:38] | My father would tolerate anyone to play there. | 我爸爸会忍受任何在那里打球的人 |
[21:39] | – Your dad’s a golfer? – Yeah. I am too, actually. | -你爸打高尔夫球 -是的 其实我也打 |
[21:42] | Huh, I had no idea. | 我第一次知道 |
[21:44] | Well, I don’t get to play as much as I’d like. | 虽然很喜欢 但我经常打不成 |
[21:48] | – Wait a second. – What? | -等等 -怎么了 |
[21:49] | If he has a standing tee time, | 如果他预约了开球时间 |
[21:51] | he has a standing caddy. | 他就预约了球童 |
[21:52] | And a caddy might not be someone he confides in, | 球童也许不是他能信任的人 |
[21:54] | but if all he ever talks about is business– | 如果他只讨论生意… |
[21:56] | We need to get to Quaker Ridge. | 我们得去一趟魁克岭俱乐部 |
[21:58] | – Let’s go. – You go. | -我们走 -你去 |
[21:59] | We’re running out of time, and if you get something, | 我们快没时间了 如果你查到什么 |
[22:01] | we’re going to need a complaint ready to file with the SCC. | 我们得准备好向证监会投递的诉状 |
[22:11] | Oh, Harvey, if you are here to tell me | 哈维 如果你来是告诉我 |
[22:13] | that you think another of my ideas is stupid– | 我的另一个点子也很蠢的话… |
[22:15] | I’m not here to tell you that, Louis. | 我不是来说这个的 路易 |
[22:16] | I’m here to say I’ll go see Lipschitz with you. | 我是来告诉你我会和你去见利普希茨 |
[22:19] | Do you really mean that, or is this gonna be | 你说真的吗 还是这次会像 |
[22:21] | like the time that you said you would take me to dinner | 我35岁生日你说会请我吃饭 |
[22:23] | for my 35th birthday ,and you never showed up. | 最后没出现的那次一样 |
[22:25] | It’s not gonna be like that time. | 不会像那次 |
[22:27] | – And what about the time– – Not that time either. | -还是像那次… -也不是那次 |
[22:29] | I’ll show up for this. I promise. | 我会去的 我保证 |
[22:32] | And that’s exactly what you said the time– | 这和你那次说的一样 |
[22:33] | Louis, if you mention one more time, | 路易 如果你再说下去 |
[22:35] | it will be like all those times. | 你就等着我放你鸽子吧 |
[22:38] | Then I want you to know | 那么我想说 |
[22:39] | that I really appreciate you doing this, Harvey. | 我很感谢你这么做 哈维 |
[22:41] | And to save time when we get there, | 为了我们到那里之后节约时间 |
[22:42] | you should know that I sit on the left-hand side of the couch. | 我得提前告诉你我要坐在沙发左手边 |
[22:45] | Fine. | 好吧 |
[22:46] | And I probably don’t need to tell you this, | 也许我不用告诉你 |
[22:48] | but you don’t have to bring your own tissues. | 但你不用自带纸巾 |
[22:50] | Why would I bring my own tissues? | 为什么我要自带纸巾 |
[22:51] | Because we’re gonna be doing some deep work, Harvey. | 因为我们要进行深入挖掘 哈维 |
[22:53] | So if you need to have a good cry, | 如果你需要大哭一场 |
[22:55] | I just want you to know that you’re safe, | 我只想让你知道你很安全 |
[22:56] | and I will not judge you. | 我不会评判你 |
[22:59] | See you there, Louis. | 到时候见 路易 |
[23:00] | Wait, do you think we should hug now | 等等 你觉得我们现在应不应该抱一下 |
[23:00] | to set the tone or do it after– | 来铺垫情绪 或者一会儿抱… |
[23:01] | okay, we’ll do it after. Good call. | 好的 我们一会儿抱 好主意 |
[23:12] | Hey, what are you doing? | 你在做什么 |
[23:13] | Don’t act like you don’t know, Donna. | 别装作你不知道 唐娜 |
[23:15] | I’ve been fired. | 我被开除了 |
[23:16] | What? How could I know that? | 什么 我怎么会知道 |
[23:17] | Because it happened after Samantha Wheeler | 因为萨曼莎·惠勒打电话 |
[23:19] | called my CEO and put a stop payment on that check. | 给我的老板 并停止了支票承兑 |
[23:22] | Peggy, you have got to believe me. | 佩吉 你得相信我 |
[23:24] | – I had nothing to do with that. – What difference does it make? | -这和我一点关系都没有 -有区别吗 |
[23:27] | My boss blamed me for getting us involved with you, | 我的老板责怪我和你们扯上关系 |
[23:29] | – and he fired me. – That’s bullshit. | -因而开除了我 -完全没道理 |
[23:31] | What’s bullshit is that I trusted you. | 没道理的是我相信了你 |
[23:33] | And now I’m out on my ass. | 而我现在要走人了 |
[23:34] | You can still trust me, Peggy. | 你依然可以相信我 佩吉 |
[23:37] | I swear I’m gonna make this right. | 我发誓我会处理好这件事 |
[23:42] | What the hell is wrong with you? | 你这人有什么问题 |
[23:44] | – Donna– – I specifically told you not to do anything | -唐娜 -我明确告诉过你在我通知你之前 |
[23:46] | until you heard from me, and you said you wouldn’t. | 不要做任何事 你也说了你不会 |
[23:48] | I said I’d let you talk to Peggy, and I did. | 我说了我会让你和佩吉谈谈 我做到了 |
[23:50] | After you called up her boss, | 就在你向她老板告状 |
[23:51] | put a stop payment on that check, and got her fired. | 停了支票承兑 害她被开除之后 |
[23:54] | I didn’t call her boss to get her fired. | 我给她老板打电话不是为了让她丢工作 |
[23:55] | I called because I decided to trust your judgment. | 我打电话是因为我决定相信你的判断 |
[23:58] | What is that supposed to mean? | 这句话又是什么意思 |
[23:58] | It means I asked myself, “What if Donna’s right?” | 意思是我扪心自问 “如果唐娜是对的呢” |
[24:00] | What if the only thing going on is some vendors | 如果只是一些销售商 |
[24:02] | taking advantage of a charity. | 在占慈善机构的便宜呢 |
[24:03] | So I called up the CEO and offered a solution. | 于是我就找了首席执行官 提出解决方案 |
[24:06] | And he said, “No, thanks,” | 而他却说 “不用了谢谢” |
[24:08] | “we like our current situation.” | “我们喜欢现在的状态” |
[24:10] | So you ran a stress test | 于是你就进行了压力测试 |
[24:11] | after I told you not to. | 尽管我早告诉你不要这么做 |
[24:12] | I called a client and made a suggestion. | 我只是打给了一个客户 提了一个建议 |
[24:14] | – Don’t bullshit me. – Okay, fine. | -别跟我胡扯 -好吧 |
[24:17] | It was a test, | 那确实是在测试他们 |
[24:18] | but I’m not gonna let a client donate $5 million | 但我不能眼看着一位客户捐出五百万 |
[24:22] | to anyone without knowing what’s what. | 给一个不明就里的人 |
[24:23] | So I killed two birds with one stone. | 我这一招是一石二鸟 |
[24:25] | Which is exactly what you said to Alex | 你跟亚历克斯就是这么说的 |
[24:27] | and making good with me was supposed to be | 而与我交好本该是 |
[24:28] | one of those birds. | 二鸟之一吧 |
[24:29] | God damn it, Donna, | 该死的 唐娜 |
[24:30] | why don’t you ever seem to believe me? | 你怎么就永远也不信我呢 |
[24:32] | Maybe because you never give anyone the full story. | 也许是因为你从不对人全盘托出 |
[24:34] | You want the full story? | 你想知道全部吗 |
[24:35] | They are stealing money from little girls. | 他们在窃取小姑娘们的钱 |
[24:38] | Maybe that doesn’t matter to you, | 或许这对你来说不重要 |
[24:40] | but it sure as hell as matters to me. | 但对我来说这重要之极 |
[24:41] | You don’t know what matters to me. | 我看重什么你根本不懂 |
[24:45] | And there are about 500 different ways you could have handled this, | 要处理这事 你有的是办法 |
[24:47] | and you picked the one that cost me my friend. | 你却选了会让我失去朋友的那种 |
[24:49] | So as far as I’m concerned, | 所以在我看来 |
[24:51] | I was right about you all along. | 我对你的看法一直是对的 |
[25:01] | Now that we’ve made our introductions, | 既然我们已经介绍过了 |
[25:03] | I’d like to start with Harvey | 我想请哈维先讲讲 |
[25:05] | describing what he thinks | 在他看来 |
[25:07] | Louis’ perspective is on the situation. | 路易是如何看待当前状况的 |
[25:10] | I don’t feel comfortable– | 我不太喜欢这样 |
[25:11] | Please, just say the first thoughts that come to mind. | 请吧 就说说你想到的第一个念头 |
[25:13] | About how Louis thinks? | 关于路易的想法吗 |
[25:15] | Let’s see… | 我想想 |
[25:18] | Cats, ballet, Harvey Specter. Something like that. | 猫 芭蕾 哈维·斯佩克特 就这类吧 |
[25:21] | That is not what I sound like. | 我听起来可不是这样的 |
[25:23] | All right, Louis. | 好吧 路易 |
[25:24] | You wanna know what you sound like to me? | 你知道在我看来 你是怎么想的吗 |
[25:27] | “I’ve been jealous of you since day one.” | “自打第一天起 我就在嫉妒你” |
[25:30] | “You were always Jessica’s favorite and everyone else’s.” | “你是杰西卡和其他所有人的宠儿” |
[25:33] | “You got everything I wanted without ever trying.” | “你不费吹灰之力就得到了我想要的一切” |
[25:36] | “In fact, I’m trying to have a baby” | “事实上 我一直在努力要小孩” |
[25:38] | “Because, I-I-I think it will take my mind off you” | “是因为我觉得这能让我不去在意你” |
[25:41] | “even though I know deep inside it won’t.” | “但我心里清楚地知道这根本不管用” |
[25:44] | Tell him to stop. | 快让他闭嘴 |
[25:45] | He’s being honest about his feelings, Louis. | 他说的都是真情实感 路易 |
[25:47] | What about your feelings about | 那整件事谁对谁错 |
[25:48] | who’s fault this whole thing was? | 你又是怎么想的呢 |
[25:49] | – Louis. – What? | -路易 -什么 |
[25:50] | I should have known you just wanted | 我早就该知道 你就是想 |
[25:52] | to get me in here | 拽我来这儿 |
[25:53] | to have him tell me this is my fault. | 让他告诉我 这全是我的错 |
[25:55] | It is your fault. | 本来就是你的错 |
[25:56] | Louis, we are not here to discuss fault. | 路易 我们不是来追究对错的 |
[25:58] | Well, then why the hell are we here? | 那我们到底是来干什么的 |
[25:59] | Because he took my client; he won’t give her back; | 因为他抢了我的客户 还不想还回来 |
[26:01] | and he needs to apologize about what he just said | 而且他刚刚拿我要孩子的事说事 |
[26:03] | about me having a baby. | 他得为此向我道歉 |
[26:04] | I am not apologizing about anything. | 我不会为任何事道歉 |
[26:06] | You wanted me to come here. | 是你要我来的 |
[26:08] | You said this was a safe place. | 你说这里很安全 |
[26:10] | And now you can’t handle | 而现在你没法接受 |
[26:11] | what I think about you trying to have a baby. | 我对你想要小孩这件事的想法 |
[26:13] | Oh, no, you don’t get to make this my fault. | 不 你不能把这说成是我的错 |
[26:14] | Because it’s always my fault, | 因为在你心里 错误永远在我 |
[26:16] | but I thought this time we could come here | 但我想这次我们可以来这里 |
[26:17] | so you could tell him that it’s his fault, | 好让你告诉他 这全是他的错 |
[26:19] | but if all you’re gonna do is mock me | 但要是你只打算嘲笑我 |
[26:20] | and all you’re gonna do is coddle him, | 而你只会一味偏袒他 |
[26:22] | well, then you can keep Joan Walsh; | 那你就留着琼·沃尔什吧 |
[26:24] | you can go to hell; | 你可以去死了 |
[26:25] | and this whole session is over. | 本次会面到此结束 |
[26:32] | Well, this was a waste of time. | 这真是浪费时间 |
[26:35] | Maybe so, but for what it’s worth… | 或许吧 但还是值得的 |
[26:39] | I think you have some things you could work on. | 我觉得有些事你可以改善一下 |
[26:42] | And provided Louis was okay… | 如果路易可以接受的话 |
[26:45] | I’d be happy to talk with you any time. | 我随时欢迎你来找我 |
[26:53] | Alex, | 亚历克斯 |
[26:54] | I need you to reverse that stop payment. | 我需要你撤回停止承兑的指示 |
[26:56] | What? | 什么 |
[26:57] | I said I need you to call up that client | 我说我需要你给那个客户打电话 |
[26:58] | and tell them to let that donation go through. | 让他们把捐赠资金就位 |
[27:00] | Well, I’m not gonna do that | 我不会那么做的 |
[27:01] | because Samantha told me what’s going on. | 因为萨曼莎把事情告诉我了 |
[27:03] | Samantha doesn’t know what’s going on, | 萨曼莎根本不清楚情况 |
[27:04] | and you were wrong to involve her. | 你不该把她牵扯进来 |
[27:06] | So this is about me. | 所以你是来找我追究责任的 |
[27:07] | No, this is about the fact that my friend just got fired. | 不 我来是为了我朋友刚被开除的事 |
[27:09] | Well, I’m sorry to hear that, Donna, but I can’t help you. | 我很遗憾 唐娜 但我帮不了你 |
[27:10] | Then don’t help me. Help the charity. | 那就别帮我 帮帮那家慈善机构 |
[27:13] | Because you’re taking money away from people who need it. | 因为你正在从急需资助的人手里夺走资金 |
[27:15] | Donna, if I do what you’re asking | 唐娜 要是我照你说的办 |
[27:16] | I might as well tell my clients they can’t trust my advice. | 那就等于告诉客户他们不能信任我的建议 |
[27:19] | And my advice to you is get your head on straight. | 我给你的建议就是清醒一点 |
[27:21] | You’re saying I’m not seeing this clearly. | 你的意思是我当局者迷 |
[27:22] | I’m saying Samantha specializes in shady shit. | 我是说萨曼莎了解灰色地带 |
[27:24] | So if she suspects something’s up | 要是她怀疑什么事情 |
[27:26] | you might not believe it, but I do. | 你可能不相信 但我信 |
[27:27] | And I’m not cutting that charity another check. | 我不会再给那家慈善机构开支票了 |
[27:44] | Almost done? | 你快用完了吗 |
[27:47] | – Sorry, Katrina. – That’s okay. | -抱歉 卡特里娜 -没事 |
[27:49] | I take it you were thinking about something. | 我感觉你在想事情 |
[27:51] | To tell you the truth, | 说实话 |
[27:52] | I actually came in here to think. | 我确实是来这里思考的 |
[27:54] | But I’ve hogged this thing long enough. | 但我占用它够久了 |
[27:55] | It’s all yours. | 你来用吧 |
[27:58] | As long as you’re here, | 趁你还在 |
[27:59] | do you mind if I ask you a question? | 你介意我问你个问题吗 |
[28:00] | Of course, what is it? | 当然不 什么问题 |
[28:02] | Louis said if I win this case | 路易说要是我赢了这案子 |
[28:03] | I’ll finally make senior partner, but– | 我就能升任资深合伙人 但 |
[28:06] | He’s said that before, | 他以前就这么说过 |
[28:07] | and you wanna know if this time it’s true? | 你想知道他这次是不是说真的 |
[28:09] | I do. | 对 |
[28:10] | Then the answer is yes. | 答案是 是真的 |
[28:13] | It is. | 他没骗你 |
[28:15] | Thanks, Donna. | 谢谢 唐娜 |
[28:19] | As long as you’re here, | 趁你还在 |
[28:21] | do you mind if I ask you something? | 你介意我问你点事吗 |
[28:26] | What’s going on with you and Brian? | 你和布莱恩是怎么回事 |
[28:29] | What? | 什么 |
[28:30] | I noticed when the two of you were working together last night | 你们昨晚一起工作时 |
[28:32] | you seemed to have gotten… closer. | 我注意到你们似乎 变亲近了 |
[28:38] | We have. We’ve become friends. | 的确 我们成了朋友 |
[28:41] | Looks like you might be becoming more than that. | 你们俩好像比朋友还要更亲近点 |
[28:43] | Donna, he’s married. | 唐娜 他结婚了 |
[28:45] | He has a son. I would never do it. | 他有个儿子 我决不会那么做的 |
[28:47] | I know, but I also know that the heart | 我知道 但我也知道 |
[28:49] | doesn’t always listen to what the brain says | 并不是大脑说决不能如何 |
[28:50] | it would never do. | 心就会照办的 |
[28:53] | Well, you don’t need to worry | 你不必担心 |
[28:55] | because I don’t feel anything for Brian except friendship. | 我对布莱恩只有友情罢了 |
[29:00] | Then good luck with the case. | 那祝你顺利赢下案子 |
[29:03] | Copier’s all yours. | 复印机归你了 |
[29:17] | So what do you want do now, Stan? | 你想干什么 斯坦 |
[29:18] | Tell me Drake the Snake was my fault too? | 把鸡毛蒜皮也怪在我头上吗 |
[29:20] | Louis, I know our session didn’t go as planned, | 路易 我知道我们的疗程没按计划进行 |
[29:23] | but I do think there is still some hope. | 但我觉得还有希望 |
[29:26] | So… | 所以 |
[29:29] | I’d like your blessing to begin seeing Harvey one on one. | 我希望你能同意让我和哈维一对一咨询 |
[29:32] | Are you fucking kidding me? You’re choosing his side again? | 你开什么玩笑 你又站他那边了 |
[29:35] | I am not choosing his side, Louis. | 我不是站他那边 路易 |
[29:37] | I am trying to help both of you. | 我是想帮你们俩 |
[29:38] | No, you’re not, because anyone who has a choice | 你才不是 因为在我和哈维之间选 |
[29:39] | between Harvey and me always chooses him. | 人人都会选他 |
[29:42] | You know it’s my biggest fear, and you made it out | 你明知我最害怕这个 |
[29:44] | like it was all my fault. | 你还把一切都弄得像是我的错 |
[29:45] | No, I didn’t, | 我没有 |
[29:47] | and I stand by my assessment. | 我坚持我的结论 |
[29:48] | There are aspects of this situation | 现状中的一些问题 |
[29:50] | that are of Harvey’s making. | 是哈维造成的 |
[29:52] | Well, then why didn’t you say that to him, Stan? | 那你为什么不跟他说 斯坦 |
[29:54] | Because, Louis, when someone is hurting, | 因为路易 当一个人受伤时 |
[29:57] | you don’t throw stones at them. | 你不该落井下石 |
[29:59] | What do you mean Harvey’s hurting? | 你说哈维受伤是什么意思 |
[30:01] | I mean, people lash out when they are in pain. | 我的意思是 人们痛苦时会乱发脾气 |
[30:04] | He lashed out at you, and if you care about | 他朝你发脾气了 并且要是你在意 |
[30:08] | your relationship with him, you will let me do my job. | 你和他的关系 那就让我尽职 |
[30:12] | What if I don’t care about my relationship with him, | 如果我不在乎我和他的关系 |
[30:14] | and I’d rather keep you to myself? | 我宁愿把你留着我自己用呢 |
[30:15] | Louis, I know how much you care | 路易 我知道你有多关心哈维 |
[30:17] | about Harvey even when he hurts you. | 甚至在他伤害你的时候 |
[30:19] | That is something I have always admired about you, | 这是我一直钦佩你的事情 |
[30:24] | and I do not think you should take it lightly. | 我不认为你该轻视这件事 |
[30:27] | All right, he can see you, | 好吧 他可以见你 |
[30:28] | but he doesn’t have my blessing. | 但是他不会得到我的祝福 |
[30:34] | Katrina, I talked to Aiken’s caddy. | 卡特里娜 我和艾肯的球童谈了 |
[30:36] | I tried every trick in the book. He froze me out. | 我使出了浑身解数 他还是把我赶走了 |
[30:39] | We didn’t just get frozen out, Brian. | 我们不只是被赶走 布莱恩 |
[30:41] | They slapped us with a countersuit for slandering Marc. | 他们还以诽谤马克为由 递交了反诉 |
[30:43] | We just made it 1,000 times worse. | 我们把情况弄得更糟糕了 |
[30:45] | – Shit. Look, maybe we can still – I can’t fucking believe it! | -也许我们还可以… -简直难以置信 |
[30:52] | Katrina, it’s just a case. | 卡特里娜 这只是个案子 |
[30:54] | No, it’s not just a case. | 不 这不仅仅是个案子 |
[30:56] | – It’s my senior partnership. – What? | -这关系到我资深合伙人的位置 -什么 |
[30:58] | But I thought Louis said… | 但我以为路易说… |
[30:59] | I know what he said, but there was a hitch. | 我知道他说了什么 但出了岔子 |
[31:03] | This was the case to put me over the top. | 这件案子关乎我能否升职 |
[31:08] | Why didn’t you tell me? | 你为什么不告诉我 |
[31:09] | Because it’s my career and my responsibility. | 因为这是我的事业 我的责任 |
[31:12] | Katrina, I’m not just the other name | 卡特里娜 我不只是本场诉讼中的 |
[31:14] | on this lawsuit, I’m your friend. | 另一个名字而已 我是你的朋友 |
[31:17] | If senior partner’s on the line | 如果资深合伙人的位置对你来说 |
[31:18] | for you, it is for me too. | 已经岌岌可危 那么对我来说也是 |
[31:20] | Now, we can still– | 现在 我们可以继续 |
[31:21] | Not just a name on a lawsuit. | 不只是诉讼里的一个名字 |
[31:26] | – That’s it. – What’s it? | -就是这样 -什么 |
[31:28] | The attorney of record on this suit isn’t | 诉讼记录上的律师 |
[31:30] | the same attorney Aiken took the deposition with. | 和陪艾肯取证的律师不是同一个 |
[31:33] | He changed lawyers in the middle of the case. | 他在案子中途换了律师 |
[31:34] | What are you getting at? | 你想说什么 |
[31:35] | They sent back the deposition last night | 他们昨晚发回了证词 |
[31:37] | and the new guy signed it. Brian, | 是那个新律师签的名 布莱恩 |
[31:38] | it’s one thing to have him handle the slander case, | 让他处理诽谤案是一回事 |
[31:41] | but to sign off on a deposition. | 但签署一份证词 |
[31:43] | Holy shit, the first guy knew Aiken was lying, | 该死的 第一个律师知道艾肯在撒谎 |
[31:45] | and he wouldn’t sign it. He wouldn’t suborn perjury. | 他不肯签署证词 他不愿教唆他做伪证 |
[31:48] | Katrina, we got him. | 卡特里娜 我们抓住他把柄了 |
[31:50] | I know. | 我知道 |
[31:52] | Okay, We’re going to get that tape. | 好 我们得去拿到那盘带子 |
[31:55] | We’re gonna look at his reaction | 看看在艾肯说自己无罪时 |
[31:56] | when Aiken says he’s innocent. | 他是什么反应 |
[31:58] | We’re gonna find out their entire history together. | 我们要一起查出他们的所有老底 |
[32:00] | I don’t care if it takes all night. | 不管要不要通宵都得查 |
[32:01] | This is fantastic. I’m gonna go order that masala; | 太棒了 我要去点那个咖喱 |
[32:03] | you’re gonna get it all over your face; | 你肯定要弄得满脸都是 |
[32:04] | I’m not even gonna tell you about it this time. | 这次我才不告诉你 |
[32:06] | You better tell me about it | 你最好告诉我 |
[32:07] | just like you better get extra naan. | 而且你最好再点个印度烤饼 |
[32:08] | Triple supreme naan it is. | 那就是三倍馅料的印度烤饼 |
[32:10] | I’m just gonna go order it, call my wife real quick | 我去下单了 给我老婆快速地打个电话 |
[32:11] | to tell her not to wait up, and then you and I– | 告诉她不用等我了 然后你和我 |
[32:13] | Wait, stop. No. | 等等 停下 不要 |
[32:16] | No what? | 不要什么 |
[32:17] | You’re not staying tonight. | 你今晚不用留在这 |
[32:19] | I can handle this myself, and I’m going to. | 我可以自己处理 我也打算这么做 |
[32:24] | Katrina, what’s going on? Did I do something wrong? | 卡特里娜 怎么了 我做错什么了吗 |
[32:26] | You’ve done nothing wrong, Brian. | 你什么都没做错 布莱恩 |
[32:29] | But you’ve got a wife and a baby, | 但你有妻儿 |
[32:32] | and I’m not going to keep you from them anymore than I already have. | 我不能继续让你疏远家人了 |
[32:35] | Katrina, I told you if your partnership’s | 卡特里娜 我说了如果你的合伙人位置 |
[32:37] | on the line, my partnership’s on the line. | 岌岌可危 就相当于我的位置岌岌可危 |
[32:39] | I know, but I got this. | 我知道 但我可以的 |
[32:43] | Go home. | 回家吧 |
[32:55] | You mind if I come in? | 介意我进来吗 |
[32:58] | No. | 不介意 |
[32:59] | I was just about to come see you. | 我正要去见你 |
[33:00] | Well, before you tell me why, | 在你告诉我原因之前 |
[33:02] | I’d like to apologize. | 我想先道歉 |
[33:05] | You would? | 你要道歉吗 |
[33:07] | Yes. | 是的 |
[33:09] | I realized I’m too close to this. | 我意识到我当局者迷了 |
[33:12] | And instead of hearing you, I lashed out, and I’m sorry. | 我非但没认真听你的话 还斥责你 抱歉 |
[33:16] | You realized? | 你意识到了 |
[33:18] | I went to see Alex. | 我去见了亚历克斯 |
[33:19] | Well, that’s funny, | 那就有意思了 |
[33:20] | because I wanted to apologize too. | 因为我也想道歉 |
[33:23] | You wanted to apologize? | 你想道歉 |
[33:27] | Donna, I told you I wouldn’t take action, | 唐娜 我跟你说过不会轻举妄动 |
[33:30] | and I shouldn’t have. But I couldn’t help myself. | 我也不应该 但我没忍住 |
[33:34] | because I care about the kids this charity | 因为我关心这些本该由慈善机构 |
[33:36] | is supposed to serve. | 照顾好的孩子 |
[33:39] | But you wouldn’t know that, because like you said, | 但你不会知道 因为如你所说 |
[33:41] | I never tell anyone the full story. | 我从不对任何人和盘托出 |
[33:43] | And the reason I never tell the full story | 我不这么做的原因是 |
[33:44] | is because I just don’t trust– | 因为我不信任 |
[33:47] | people. | 其他人 |
[33:49] | Pretty much. Yeah. | 差不多吧 对 |
[33:53] | Alex talked to you after he talked to me, didn’t he? | 亚历克斯跟我聊过后又找你聊了 对吧 |
[33:55] | He did. | 对 |
[33:56] | We might have to do something about that guy. | 我们得找个机会把他收拾了 |
[33:58] | We might. | 没错 |
[33:59] | But not before we do something about this situation. | 但首先我们得解决这个问题 |
[34:02] | Because I’m not gonna let them get away | 他们欺诈孩子们 |
[34:04] | with scamming children. | 我要让他们付出代价 |
[34:05] | I’m with you on that. | 这我同意 |
[34:07] | Then let me ask. | 那我问你 |
[34:09] | You read people. | 你能读懂人心 |
[34:11] | Are you absolutely sure Peggy wasn’t in on this, | 你真的确定佩吉没有参与其中吗 |
[34:14] | because they could have fired her even if she was. | 因为就算她参与了 他们也可能解雇她 |
[34:16] | I am 100% sure. | 我百分之百确定 |
[34:20] | Then I know what to do. | 那我知道该怎么做了 |
[34:28] | I’m glad you decided to come in. | 我很高兴你决定来找我 |
[34:30] | You mind if I ask | 介不介意我问问 |
[34:31] | how you got Louis to agree to let me see you? | 你怎么让路易同意让我来见你的 |
[34:33] | I don’t, but I would prefer to ask: | 不介意 但我更想问你 |
[34:36] | when Louis came in and said you were losing | 路易来时说起过你正在失去 |
[34:39] | this McKernon Motors, how did you feel? | 麦肯诺汽车公司这个客户 你感觉如何 |
[34:42] | You want to just jump right in, huh? | 你想直奔主题 是吗 |
[34:44] | Yes, I do. | 是的 |
[34:45] | Well, how do you think I felt? I didn’t like it. | 你觉得我能有什么感觉 我不喜欢 |
[34:47] | Because you were losing your oldest client? | 因为你失去了自己最老的客户 |
[34:49] | Because Louis told me there was nothing I could do about it. | 因为路易告诉我 我对此无能为力 |
[34:52] | And then Donna came in and said Joan was there, | 之后唐娜过来说琼来了 |
[34:55] | and Louis couldn’t even take care of her. | 路易也无法把她的事办妥 |
[34:57] | – And it irritated you? – It infuriated me. | -这让你恼怒 -是愤怒 |
[35:00] | – Why? – Because he told me | -为什么 -因为他跟我说 |
[35:02] | that I couldn’t have what I wanted | 我得不到自己想要的 |
[35:04] | and then he put his own selfish interests | 然后他将一己私利 |
[35:06] | above the firm’s. | 置于整个律所之上 |
[35:07] | Forgive me, Harvey, | 请原谅我 哈维 |
[35:08] | but isn’t that Louis’ historical concern about you? | 但那不是一直以来路易对你的顾虑吗 |
[35:12] | This is different. | 这不一样 |
[35:13] | I think perhaps it is different | 我觉得不同的原因是 |
[35:14] | because he is the one doing it to you, | 现在是他这么对你了 |
[35:16] | and more importantly, | 更重要的是 |
[35:18] | what those selfish interests are. | 他的一己私利是什么 |
[35:20] | What are you getting at? | 你想说什么 |
[35:21] | When you two were here, | 你们俩来的时候 |
[35:22] | you spent quite a lot of time on Louis having a baby. | 你花了很多时间抱怨路易在要孩子的事 |
[35:26] | So? | 所以呢 |
[35:26] | So would you ever want to have a baby? Or a family? | 所以你想过要孩子吗 或者组建家庭 |
[35:30] | I have a family, and if you’re gonna say | 我有个家 如果你想说 |
[35:31] | this has something to do with my brother’s divorce– | 这跟我弟弟的离婚有关 |
[35:33] | I didn’t even know your brother was getting a divorce. | 我根本不知道此事 |
[35:36] | Well, he is. | 他要离婚了 |
[35:37] | – That must be painful. – Of course it’s painful. | -那一定很痛苦 -当然了 |
[35:40] | My family’s falling apart, and at the same time | 我的家庭破碎了 与此同时 |
[35:43] | I’m getting it rubbed in my face | 路易的家庭发展壮大 |
[35:44] | that Louis’ family is growing. | 还在我面前炫耀 |
[35:49] | Forgive me, Harvey, but… | 对不起 哈维 但是 |
[35:52] | Louis did not rub anything in your face. | 路易并未在你面前炫耀 |
[35:56] | No, he didn’t. | 对 他没有 |
[35:58] | But perhaps it feels that way | 但这种感觉的由来 |
[35:59] | because for the first time, | 可能是因为这是第一次 |
[36:02] | Louis has something in his life that you do not. | 路易的人生中有了你没有的东西 |
[36:04] | Jesus Christ, you’re saying I’m envious of Louis. | 老天 你在说我嫉妒路易 |
[36:07] | And what if you were? | 如果你确实是在嫉妒呢 |
[36:08] | I’d ask what in God’s name am I supposed to do with that? | 我想问那我应该怎么办 |
[36:10] | Does is it occur to you to share that with him? | 你有没有想过跟他说说这事 |
[36:12] | No, even if I wanted to, he’s pissed off at me. | 没 就算我想 他也很生我的气 |
[36:15] | He would forgive you in a moment. | 他会立刻原谅你的 |
[36:16] | And even if he did, I’m afraid to– | 就算他会 我也害怕去… |
[36:19] | To what, Harvey? | 去做什么 哈维 |
[36:21] | Louis makes space for the people | 路易会在生活中 |
[36:22] | in his life whom he loves. | 为爱的人腾出空间 |
[36:23] | He makes space for people like Sheila and a baby, | 他会为希拉和宝宝腾出空间 |
[36:26] | – but– – But what? | -但是 -但是什么 |
[36:27] | But once he has that baby, | 一旦他有了宝宝 |
[36:29] | he might not make space for me. | 他的生活中可能就没有我的位置了 |
[36:32] | Where would you get a notion like that, | 你何来的这种想法 |
[36:35] | that Louis wouldn’t have time for you? | 觉得路易不会再有空陪你 |
[36:37] | Because they leave. | 因为总要曲终人散 |
[36:39] | Everyone leaves: | 每个人都会离开 |
[36:41] | Mike, Rachel, Jessica, my sister-in-law. | 迈克 瑞秋 杰西卡 我弟妹 |
[36:48] | Everyone. | 所有人都走了 |
[36:51] | Well, I can tell you | 我可以告诉你 |
[36:53] | if you keep treating Louis like this, | 如果你继续这样对待路易 |
[36:56] | you may cause him to leave yourself. | 你会自己把他逼走 |
[37:02] | James Davenport? I’m Donna Paulsen, | 詹姆斯·达文波特 我是唐娜·鲍尔森 |
[37:05] | and this is my colleague Samantha Wheeler. | 这是我同事萨曼莎·惠勒 |
[37:08] | The same Samantha Wheeler | 那个从我们这里 |
[37:09] | that had a $5 million donation yanked from us? | 抢走五百万捐款的萨曼莎·惠勒吗 |
[37:11] | The Samantha Wheeler who offered you a venue | 那个为你提供了下个活动场地 |
[37:13] | for your next event for a fraction of the one you’ve been using, | 且开价比现在这个便宜得多的萨曼莎·惠勒 |
[37:16] | and you said no. | 但你拒绝了 |
[37:17] | Which means you cut a deal with your current venue | 那就意味着你多付钱给现在的场地供应商 |
[37:19] | where you overpay and they kick back a percentage to you. | 并从他们那里拿回扣 |
[37:21] | Specifically, .3% of your annual budget. | 准确来说 是你年预算的百分之三 |
[37:25] | – Get out of my office. – I don’t think so, James. | -滚出去 -我不这么认为 詹姆斯 |
[37:27] | Because we may not have had time to find proof, | 因为虽然我们没时间找证据 |
[37:29] | but a reporter will. | 但记者有时间 |
[37:30] | Especially after we tell them that you fired an innocent woman | 尤其当被告知你开除了一位无辜女士 |
[37:32] | just because a potential donor asked a few questions about your books. | 就因为潜在捐赠者问了账本相关的问题时 |
[37:35] | When you put it that way, | 听你这么说 |
[37:36] | it sounds like he did all this to cover his guilty ass. | 感觉他是在掩盖自己的罪行 |
[37:38] | Maybe we should give that to the “Journal.” | 也许我们应该把这个告诉《华尔街日报》 |
[37:40] | That’s a nice turn of phrase. | 肯定是篇好文章 |
[37:41] | Thank you, Donna. | 谢谢 唐娜 |
[37:42] | What do you want? | 你们想要什么 |
[37:43] | We want you to step down | 我们想要你辞职 |
[37:44] | and name Peggy Davis as your replacement. | 并让佩吉·戴维斯接任你的位置 |
[37:46] | – You can’t be serious. – You don’t want to find out | -别开玩笑了 -你不会想知道 |
[37:49] | how serious we are, James. | 我们有多认真的 詹姆斯 |
[37:51] | Because you’re looking at two pissed-off women | 因为你正面对着两位怒火中烧还恰好知道 |
[37:52] | who know exactly what you did and how to prove it. | 你的肮脏勾当和如何证明的女人 |
[37:58] | You’ll have my resignation by tonight. | 今晚你们会收到我的辞呈 |
[38:00] | Good. And don’t look at me like that. | 很好 别这么看着我 |
[38:02] | If it wouldn’t mean your charity would go out of business, | 如果不是因为我想保住你的慈善机构 |
[38:04] | you’d be spending the next five years in prison. | 你就要蹲五年大牢了 |
[38:20] | How’d it go? | 结果如何 |
[38:23] | We won. | 我们赢了 |
[38:26] | Listen, about last night– | 听着 关于昨晚 |
[38:28] | Brian, I didn’t mean to come off like– | 布莱恩 我不是有意要… |
[38:29] | You didn’t come off like anything. | 你什么也没做 |
[38:31] | I just wanted to thank you for not making me stay. | 我只想谢谢你没有强留我 |
[38:34] | – But I thought you wanted– – I know. I wanted to help. | -但我以为你想 -我知道 我想帮忙 |
[38:37] | But Julie and I, we had a great time. | 不过朱莉和我度过了一个美好的夜晚 |
[38:40] | Austin slept through the night, and we actually stayed up | 奥斯汀整晚都在睡觉 我们竟然熬夜 |
[38:42] | and watched “The Breakfast Club.” | 看完了《早餐俱乐部》 |
[38:45] | What’s that? | 那是什么 |
[38:47] | Just Julie and my favorite movie of all time. | 我和朱莉一直以来最爱的电影 |
[38:51] | – I’ve never heard of it. – Oh, my God. | -我从没听说过 -天哪 |
[38:53] | You’ve never even heard of it? | 你连听都没听说过 |
[38:55] | You have to see it. I’m bringing you a copy. | 你必须得看看 下次我给你带碟 |
[38:58] | Brian, you don’t have to do that. | 布莱恩 你没必要这么做 |
[39:00] | I know I don’t, but that’s what friends do. | 我知道不必 但我们是朋友嘛 |
[39:04] | Friends. | 朋友 |
[39:05] | Yeah, friends. | 是啊 朋友 |
[39:07] | That’s what we said, right? | 我们说好了的 不是吗 |
[39:08] | Yes, it is. | 对 没错 |
[39:10] | And thanks, I would love to see it sometime. | 谢谢 我很想找时间看看这部电影 |
[39:15] | Hey, you want to get some lunch? | 你想去吃午饭吗 |
[39:17] | Sure. | 好啊 |
[39:19] | I mean, that’s also what friends do, right? | 这也是朋友间会做的事情 对吗 |
[39:23] | Am I your first friend? | 我是你第一个朋友吗 |
[39:27] | You know you’re not. | 当然不是 |
[39:29] | Come on, let’s go. | 来吧 我们走 |
[39:34] | You get that letter of resignation? | 你拿到他的辞呈了吗 |
[39:36] | Right here. | 就在这里 |
[39:38] | And Peggy’s job offer is on its way. | 佩吉的任命书马上就到 |
[39:41] | – Look, Donna– – Listen, Samantha– | -听着 唐娜 -听着 萨曼莎 |
[39:44] | Let me go first this time. | 这次让我先说 |
[39:47] | I was thinking about how I don’t trust people. | 我在想 我之前是如何地不信任别人 |
[39:50] | And I thought maybe I should start. | 然后我觉得自己应该开始试着相信别人 |
[39:53] | And then I thought, | 但我又转念一想 |
[39:54] | maybe I should start by telling you | 也许我该先从告诉你开始 |
[39:56] | why I cared so much about this charity in the first place. | 关于为什么我对那个慈善机构如此上心 |
[40:00] | Is this a rosé story or a martini story? | 这个故事适合配桃红葡萄酒还是马蒂尼 |
[40:05] | Whiskey. | 威士忌 |
[40:07] | How about tonight? | 今晚如何 |
[40:08] | That would be nice. | 今晚可以 |
[40:10] | Meet you in the lobby in half an hour? | 半小时后大厅见 |
[40:12] | You got it. | 没问题 |
[40:13] | See you down there. | 楼下见 |
[40:19] | I’m glad I caught you in here of all places. | 我很高兴 是在这里找到了你 |
[40:22] | Why’s that? | 为什么 |
[40:23] | Because we have a lot of history here. | 因为我们在这里共度了很多时光 |
[40:25] | And it seems like the right place | 我感觉这里是一个 |
[40:27] | for me to make things right. | 适合和好的地方 |
[40:29] | You must have gone to see Stan. | 你肯定是去见了斯坦 |
[40:30] | I did. Thank you for that. | 没错 谢谢 |
[40:34] | Make things right. Thanking me. | 来和好 还感谢我 |
[40:37] | What went on in there? | 发生了什么 |
[40:39] | Among other things, | 其他的不说 |
[40:40] | he helped me realize I care about you; | 他让我意识到了其实我在乎你 |
[40:43] | I value you; | 我很看重你 |
[40:44] | and I was afraid of– | 我当时是害怕 |
[40:46] | Losing me? | 失去我 |
[40:47] | Which is why you pushed me away. | 所以你才推开我 |
[40:49] | Oh, my God. | 天哪 |
[40:51] | You pulled a Litt. | 你做了我会做的事 |
[40:52] | Harvey, you became me. | 哈维 你变成我了 |
[40:54] | Louis, I wouldn’t go that far. | 路易 我觉得还没到那个地步 |
[40:55] | Oh, no, you would. And you did. | 你会的 而且你已经做了 |
[40:58] | We are brothers from another mother. | 我们简直是异父异母的亲兄弟 |
[41:01] | And if you don’t say that right now, | 如果你现在不立刻重复这句话 |
[41:02] | I’m gonna tell everyone you’re afraid of losing me. | 我就告诉所有人你害怕失去我 |
[41:03] | – Louis. – Right now. | -路易 -马上就说 |
[41:04] | Starting with Paul Porter. | 我第一个告诉保罗·波特 |
[41:09] | We’re brothers from another mother. | 我们简直是异父异母的亲兄弟 |
[41:11] | I’m sorry, I couldn’t– could you repeat that? | 抱歉 没听到 能再说一遍吗 |
[41:13] | – No, Louis, I couldn’t. – Why not? | -不行 路易 -为什么 |
[41:14] | Because I know you’re about to record it | 因为我知道你打算用你的录音笔 |
[41:16] | – on your Dictaphone. – And what if I am? | -录下来 -那又怎么样 |
[41:17] | Because if you don’t say it again, | 因为如果你不重复 |
[41:18] | I’m gonna tell everyone you’re afraid of losing me. | 我就告诉所有人你害怕失去我 |
[41:20] | And if you say that one more time, | 你要是再说一遍这话 |
[41:21] | our friendship’s over, and I’m never looking back. | 咱俩友谊就翻船 彻底绝交那种 |
[41:23] | Because I suffered a momentary weakness, | 因为我是临时心软了一下 |
[41:26] | but let’s not forget who’s who in this situation. | 但是你别得意忘了形 |
[41:28] | I’ll never mention it again. | 我不再提了 |
[41:29] | Now, put your hands where I can see ’em. | 把手放在我能看到的地方 |
[41:30] | – Why? – Just do it. | -为什么 -你照办就是 |
[41:40] | What the hell did you do that for? | 你这是干什么 |
[41:42] | Because, you and me are going out tonight. | 因为我们今晚要一起出去 |
[41:44] | I’m gonna say a lot of nice things to you, | 我要说很多你的好话 |
[41:46] | and there isn’t gonna be any record of it. | 这些话绝对不会被录下来 |
[41:49] | I can live with that. | 可以接受 |
[41:50] | Wait a minute. | 等等 |
[41:52] | How long did it take for you to come to that with Stan? | 你花了多久时间才决定去找斯坦的 |
[41:55] | – About 25 minutes, why? – I don’t believe it. | -25分钟吧 怎么了 -难以置信 |
[41:57] | You’re even better at therapy than I am. | 看心理医生的事上你都比我强 |
[41:59] | Maybe I am. But trust me. | 也许是吧 但相信我 |
[42:01] | Stan likes you better than me, and he always will. | 斯坦认为你比我强 一直如此 |
[42:03] | – You really think so? – No, Louis, I don’t. | -你真这么想吗 -不 路易 骗你的 |
[42:05] | Wait a minute. | 等等 |
[42:06] | Does this mean I get to have Joan back? | 这是不是意味着我可以把琼要回来了 |
[42:09] | You sure can. | 没错 |
[42:10] | And your first order of business | 而且第一件你要去做的 |
[42:11] | is gonna be telling her we filed suit | 就是告诉她我们递交了 |
[42:13] | against a 16-year-old | 针对一个16岁孩子的诉讼 |
[42:15] | that’s gonna make her look like shit. | 这会让她颜面扫地 |
[42:16] | What? You really did that? | 什么 你真这么做了吗 |
[42:17] | What can I tell you, Louis? | 我能说什么呢 路易 |
[42:19] | The fear of losing you makes a man do crazy things. | 害怕失去你会让人干傻事 |
[42:22] | Well, in that case, after Sheila and I are pregnant, | 这样的话 等希拉和我有了孩子 |
[42:24] | do you want to go mudding? | 我们一起去泡泥浴吧 |
[42:24] | – No, Louis, I don’t. – Well, h– | -不 路易 我拒绝 -那… |