时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:02] | You can’t put the needs of our child above your own. | 你不能把孩子的需求置于自己的需求之上 |
[00:06] | – I’m not saying that. – Then what are you saying? | -我不是这个意思 -那你什么意思 |
[00:07] | Because I may not be a mother yet, | 因为虽然我还不是母亲 |
[00:08] | but I know that’s what parenthood means. | 但我知道做父母就意味着牺牲 |
[00:11] | You wanna take me on, you go for it. | 想跟我较量 你尽管来 |
[00:12] | ‘Cause I didn’t get where I am | 我能坐上这个位置 |
[00:13] | by letting people like you push me around. | 可不是因为我会被你这样的人摆布 |
[00:15] | David Fox wants a fight, and I’m gonna give him one. | 大卫·福克斯想挑事 那我就奉陪 |
[00:17] | Are you threatening my job? | 你是在拿我的工作威胁我吗 |
[00:19] | I like you, always have. | 我一直很欣赏你 |
[00:21] | But if you don’t get yourself on the right of this thing, | 但是如果你在这件事上做不对的话 |
[00:23] | you’re never gonna go further than you are right now. | 你的升职之路就到此为止了 |
[00:25] | I care about the kids this charity is supposed to serve. | 我关心这些本该由慈善机构照顾好的孩子 |
[00:28] | But you wouldn’t know that because I just don’t… | 但你不会知道 因为我只是不… |
[00:30] | – trust… – People. | -信任… -其他人 |
[00:32] | Are you saying you took another job? | 你是说你换工作了 |
[00:33] | No, I’m saying I got someone else to take another job. | 不 是我让某人换了份工作 |
[00:35] | You still didn’t do what I asked. | 你还是没做我吩咐的事情 |
[00:37] | I signed a client that’s gonna be worth | 我签了一个将来会对这家律所 |
[00:38] | a huge amount to this firm. | 有巨大价值的客户 |
[00:40] | I’m a hell of a goddamn lawyer. | 我是个出色的律师 |
[00:41] | You start paying those people what they’re worth… | 付给那些人他们应得的工资 |
[00:43] | And? | 然后呢 |
[00:44] | You get free legal services from Harvey Specter himself | 你将得到为期一年的哈维·斯佩克特的 |
[00:46] | for the next year. | 免费法律咨询服务 |
[00:48] | You didn’t notice that one of your star attorneys | 你都没发现你的当家律师之一 |
[00:49] | was thinking about leaving. | 都在考虑辞职了 |
[00:51] | And now, thanks to me, he’s gonna stay. | 现在多亏了我 他才考虑留下 |
[00:53] | – You’re talking about Alex. – Sometimes, | -你在说亚历克斯吗 -而有时候 |
[00:55] | you need to let us do what we do the way we do it. | 你需要让我们按我们的方式来办事 |
[01:03] | Hello, stranger… seems the only thing | 你好 陌生人… 我最近一次见到你 |
[01:05] | I see of you lately | 好像还是在 |
[01:06] | is your name on the wall. | 刻有你名字的墙上 |
[01:07] | That’s because I’ve been out of town a few days, | 那是因为我离开了几天 |
[01:09] | and I need your help. | 我需要你的帮助 |
[01:10] | Give it to me. | 说吧 |
[01:11] | I’ve got a legal situation, and it’s personal. | 我遇到了法律问题 是个人私事 |
[01:13] | Which means you need me | 也就是说你想让我 |
[01:14] | to send one of ours your way. | 派一个我们的律师过去 |
[01:16] | I was thinking Alex Williams. | 我想让亚历克斯·威廉姆斯来 |
[01:18] | Would you mind if I ask | 你介意我问一下 |
[01:19] | why you didn’t just call him yourself? | 你为什么不自己给他打电话吗 |
[01:21] | I was thinking about | 我一直在想 |
[01:22] | a conversation we had a few weeks ago. | 几周前我们的那次谈话 |
[01:24] | You helped me see some things about fostering firm harmony. | 你让我懂得了如何促进律所和谐 |
[01:27] | And if you called him directly, | 如果你直接打电话给他 |
[01:28] | you wouldn’t have had a chance to tell me that. | 你就没机会把这些话告诉我 |
[01:30] | Right again, Red. | 又被你猜对了 红发妞 |
[01:31] | I’m guessing firm harmony is also why | 我猜你选亚历克斯而不是萨曼莎 |
[01:33] | you want Alex and not Samantha. | 也是出于律所和谐的原因 |
[01:35] | A little bit of that, | 有这方面的考虑 |
[01:36] | and a little of the nature of the case. | 也是因为和案子情况有关 |
[01:38] | Then why don’t you tell me where you are, | 那不如告诉我你在哪 |
[01:40] | what Alex needs to bring, and I will make sure | 以及亚历克斯需要准备些什么 我会保证 |
[01:42] | that he is on his way. | 他马上就到 |
[01:49] | Harvey Specter. | 哈维·斯佩克特 |
[01:52] | David Fox. | 大卫·福克斯 |
[01:53] | To what do I owe the– | 我这是何德何… |
[01:55] | what’s the opposite of pleasure? | 何德何能的反义词是什么来着 |
[01:57] | I’m here ’cause of this. It’s a deal. | 我来这里是为了这个 一份合同 |
[01:59] | It just needs a little taking care of. | 需要找个人帮忙看看 |
[02:01] | Well, in that case, | 如果是这样 |
[02:01] | just go ahead and throw it in the trash, | 你还是径直把它扔进垃圾桶吧 |
[02:03] | ’cause I don’t work for you and I’m never going to. | 我才不会为你工作 这辈子也别想 |
[02:05] | I don’t think you understand. | 我觉得你没搞清楚状况 |
[02:06] | I’m not asking. I’m assigning. | 我不是求你 而是要求你 |
[02:08] | This is part of our deal. | 我们之前说好的 |
[02:09] | I don’t have any deal with you. | 我和你没什么协议 |
[02:12] | She didn’t tell you, did she? | 她没有告诉你 是吧 |
[02:15] | Who didn’t tell me what? | 谁没有告诉我什么 |
[02:17] | Donna. | 唐娜 |
[02:19] | We made a deal where you’re my lawyer. | 我们做了笔交易 你当我的律师 |
[02:21] | I’m holding you both to it. | 你们都要为我工作 |
[02:23] | And if you got a problem with that… | 如果你对此有什么疑问… |
[02:26] | Take it up with her. | 去找她 |
[02:35] | Donna. What can I do for you? | 唐娜 你找我有什么事 |
[02:36] | You can get your ass into the limo | 楼下有辆豪华轿车 |
[02:38] | that’s waiting for you downstairs. | 等着你出发呢 |
[02:39] | – I didn’t call a limo. – I know you didn’t. | -我没叫豪华轿车 -我知道你没有 |
[02:42] | Robert Zane did. | 罗伯特·赞恩叫的 |
[02:43] | And where exactly is Robert sending me? | 罗伯特想让我去哪儿 |
[02:44] | Upstate New York. | 纽约上城区 |
[02:45] | He has some business he needs help with. | 他有点事想找人帮忙 |
[02:46] | So whatever needs fixing, fix it fast. | 所以不管他有什么事 速战速决 |
[02:50] | Did you go through my underwear drawer? | 你翻了我的内衣抽屉了吗 |
[02:52] | As fun as that would have made my morning, | 虽然这种事会让我一早上都心情很好 |
[02:53] | no, Alex, I didn’t. | 但没有 亚历克斯 |
[02:55] | I bought you a bag with exactly everything | 我只是把这个包拿来而已 |
[02:56] | you’ll need for as long as you’re gone. | 包里有你出差所需的所有物品 |
[02:58] | And how could you possibly know | 你怎么可能会知道 |
[02:59] | that’s everything I’ll need? | 我都需要些什么 |
[03:00] | Because Robert needed me to. | 因为罗伯特需要我这样 |
[03:03] | And because I’m Donna. | 而且别忘了我可是唐娜 |
[03:06] | Limo’s not gonna wait all day, Alex. | 轿车可不会一直等你 亚历克斯 |
[03:11] | Morning, Harvey. What can I do for you? | 早上好 哈维 何事能为你效劳 |
[03:13] | You can tell me David Fox isn’t my client. | 你可以告诉我大卫·福克斯不是我的客户 |
[03:15] | I’m sorry, I can’t do that, because he is. | 抱歉 我不能 因为他就是你的客户 |
[03:18] | For a year. Free of charge. | 一整年 免费服务 |
[03:20] | How is that possible? | 这怎么可能 |
[03:21] | It’s possible because you empowered me | 那是因为你授权给我 |
[03:23] | to negotiate with him, | 让我和他协商 |
[03:24] | and that’s what it took to get it done. | 这就是事成需要付出的代价 |
[03:25] | And when were you gonna tell me | 你准备什么时候把你这个 |
[03:26] | about this brilliant idea of yours? | 绝妙的主意告诉我 |
[03:28] | I already did tell you | 我已经告诉过你了 |
[03:29] | when I added him to your updated client roster. | 我把他的名字加进了你的最新客户名单 |
[03:31] | You know damn well I don’t read | 你知道我从来不看什么 |
[03:33] | my updated client roster. | 最新客户名单 |
[03:34] | Okay. You got me. | 好吧 你说得对 |
[03:36] | I just wanted to see the look on your face | 我就是想看看当他找上门来 |
[03:37] | when he came to you and you realized | 然后你意识到你别无选择时 |
[03:38] | you didn’t have a choice. | 脸上的表情 |
[03:40] | And there it is. | 就像这样 |
[03:42] | – You think this is funny? – No, Harvey. | -你觉得这很好笑吗 -不 哈维 |
[03:44] | I don’t. | 我不觉得 |
[03:45] | And the real reason I didn’t tell you | 我之所以没告诉你的真正原因 |
[03:47] | is because I knew you’d react like a child. | 是因为我知道你会表现得很孩子气 |
[03:49] | But I made a deal that you gave me | 但我用你给我的授权 |
[03:51] | the authority to make because you knew | 达成了一个协议 因为你知道 |
[03:52] | you couldn’t come to one yourself, | 你自己搞不定 |
[03:54] | so whatever it is you’re feeling, | 所以不管你现在是什么感觉 |
[03:55] | suck it up, take one for the team, | 都给我忍着 为团队做一次贡献 |
[03:57] | and get this thing done. | 把任务完成了 |
[04:04] | * See the money, wanna stay for your meal * | *看到钱 就愿意留下吃饭* |
[04:07] | * Get another piece of pie for your wife * | *给你太太再拿块馅饼* |
[04:11] | * Everybody wanna know how it feel * | *所有人都想知道那感觉* |
[04:14] | * Everybody wanna see what it’s like * | *所有人都想见见那景象* |
[04:17] | * I’ll even eat a bean pie, I don’t mind * | *豆子馅饼我也愿吃 我不在乎* |
[04:21] | * Me and Missy is so busy, busy making money * | *我和妹子忙着赚钱* |
[04:25] | * All right * | *好了* |
[04:26] | * All step back, I’m ’bout to dance * | *退开点 我要跳舞* |
[04:32] | * The greenback boogie * | *美钞爵士摇摇摇* |
[04:40] | Sheila, I know we’re trying to conceive, | 希拉 我知道我们在努力要孩子 |
[04:42] | but I can’t have sex with you right now. | 但我现在没办法和你上床 |
[04:44] | I just ate an onion bagel. | 我刚吃了个洋葱百吉饼 |
[04:45] | I’m not calling for that, Louis. | 我打电话给你不是为了这个 路易 |
[04:47] | Well, then, why’d you call on the sex phone? | 那你为什么给我的性爱手机打电话 |
[04:48] | Because I knew you’d answer, and… | 因为我知道你会接 而我… |
[04:50] | I just couldn’t wait to tell you. | 我等不及要告诉你了 |
[04:52] | Louis… | 路易… |
[04:55] | We hit the jackpot. | 我们中大奖了 |
[04:57] | What jackpot? | 什么大奖 |
[04:58] | The jackpot. | 那个大奖 |
[04:59] | – Publisher’s Clearing House? – No. | -拿下出版商的票据交换所了 -不是 |
[05:01] | I mean we don’t need the sex phone anymore | 我是说我们不再需要性爱手机了 |
[05:04] | because… well, Louis… | 因为…路易… |
[05:07] | you hit the bull’s-eye. | 你正中靶心 |
[05:09] | Oh, my God! My boys can swim? | 天啊 我的精子没问题 |
[05:11] | Yes, my king. | 是的 我的国王 |
[05:13] | Yes, they can. | 它们没问题 |
[05:15] | Sheila, this is amazing! We need to tell my– | 希拉 这真是太棒了 我们得告诉… |
[05:17] | Louis… I know you’re gonna want to tell everyone, | 路易…我知道你想昭告天下 |
[05:20] | but, before you do, I want you to promise | 但是在此之前 我希望你能做出保证 |
[05:23] | that we’ll keep this between the two of us for a while. | 保证先不把这事说出去 |
[05:25] | Wait, so you mean not tell anyone? | 等等 你的意思是不昭告天下 |
[05:27] | Yeah, just for a while. | 没错 就瞒一小段时间 |
[05:28] | Okay, Sheila, can you hold on a sec? | 好的 希拉 稍等一下 |
[05:29] | I think I’m getting a call. | 我有个电话进来了 |
[05:38] | Okay. It was just a billing question. | 好了 只是个账单上的问题 |
[05:39] | All taken care of. | 已经处理好了 |
[05:40] | You just jumped up and down | 你刚刚在你那全透明的办公室里 |
[05:41] | in your entirely glass office, didn’t you? | 上蹿下跳了是不是 |
[05:43] | Yes, but I stopped now. | 没错 但我现在坐下了 |
[05:46] | Then I’ll see you tonight. | 那我们今晚见吧 |
[05:47] | And we can celebrate properly. | 我们可以好好庆祝一下 |
[05:55] | Gretchen. Good, you’re here. | 格蕾琴 你来得正好 |
[05:56] | Listen, I need you to file– | 听着 我需要你提交… |
[05:57] | Sheila’s pregnant, isn’t she? | 希拉怀孕了 是不是 |
[05:59] | Oh, shit, how could you know that? | 该死 你怎么知道的 |
[06:00] | Two minutes ago, you were on your sex phone. | 两分钟前 你接听了你的性爱手机 |
[06:03] | Then you started dancing up and down like “Footloose,” | 然后你开始像电影《浑身是劲》一样扭动 |
[06:05] | pointing to your nether regions. | 手指着下体 |
[06:07] | What else could it be? | 还能是因为什么 |
[06:08] | Nothing else. | 确实 |
[06:10] | Gretchen. | 格蕾琴 |
[06:13] | I’m gonna have a baby. | 我就要有孩子了 |
[06:14] | I can’t believe I’m saying this, Louis. | 不敢相信我会这么说 路易 |
[06:17] | You’re gonna be a world-class father. | 但你会成为一个绝世好爸爸的 |
[06:19] | That I am. | 那可不 |
[06:20] | And I intend to be a part of every moment, | 而且我打算参与每个瞬间 |
[06:21] | which is why I need you to look into what it takes | 所以我需要你帮我查一下 |
[06:23] | to get certified as a midwife. | 怎样才能拿到接生员证书 |
[06:25] | If you think I’m gonna be midwife to your baby, | 如果你觉得我会为你的孩子接生 |
[06:26] | you got a whole nother thing coming. | 那你就大错特错了 |
[06:28] | No, not for you, for me. | 不 不是你 是我 |
[06:29] | – And I’m out. – What? You think I couldn’t do it? | -那我退出 -怎么 你觉得我搞不定吗 |
[06:32] | – I know you couldn’t. – Well, damn it, Gretchen. | -我知道你搞不定 -去你的 格蕾琴 |
[06:34] | Do you want to be a wet nurse too? | 你是不是还想当奶妈 |
[06:36] | You know what? I would if I could. | 你猜怎么着 如果可以的话我愿意 |
[06:37] | And you just said that I would be a great father. | 你刚刚还说我会成为一个很棒的父亲 |
[06:39] | So are you gonna help me with this or not? | 所以你到底要不要帮我 |
[06:40] | All right, Louis. I’ll look into it. | 好吧 路易 我会帮你查查的 |
[06:43] | But it’s like I said before. | 但就像我之前说的 |
[06:44] | You’re gonna be a great father. | 你会成为一个很棒的父亲 |
[06:50] | Okay, David. | 好吧 大卫 |
[06:51] | What exactly is it that you want? | 你到底想要什么 |
[06:53] | Because you certainly don’t need me to hold your hand | 因为你在买楼的时候绝对不会需要我 |
[06:55] | while you buy a building. | 握着你的手给你打气 |
[06:57] | I do if that building’s owner is my biggest rival. | 如果楼主是我最大的对手 我就需要了 |
[06:59] | And because that owner knows what an asshole you are, | 因为那位楼主知道你是怎样的一个王八蛋 |
[07:01] | you need to make sure he doesn’t know | 所以你需要确保他不知道 |
[07:03] | you’re the one doing the buying. | 你就是那位买家 |
[07:04] | See, this is why I’m paying you the big bucks. | 所以我才付你这么多钱 |
[07:07] | Oh, wait, I’m not paying you anything. | 等等 我不需要付你钱 |
[07:08] | Just so we’re clear, you get one of those. | 我说清楚 你下次再嘴欠我可不客气 |
[07:10] | Because I may have to represent you, | 因为我也许不得不做你的律师 |
[07:13] | but I don’t have to tolerate your mouth. | 但我不用忍受你的臭嘴 |
[07:15] | And just so we’re clear, | 那我也和你说清楚 |
[07:17] | this guy’s a douche, not an idiot. | 这个人也许是个混蛋 但他不傻 |
[07:19] | He’s gonna be looking for me to try to buy that building, | 他会盯着我 看是不是我想买那栋楼 |
[07:21] | so I need you to be smart. | 所以我需要你机灵点 |
[07:22] | And that’s the second time you’ve brought this up. | 这是你第二次提到这个了 |
[07:24] | Which makes me wonder | 不禁让我思考 |
[07:25] | if there’s something going on here, | 这里面是不是有什么猫腻 |
[07:26] | because hiding a buyer isn’t illegal, | 因为匿名购买虽然不违法 |
[07:29] | but it sure as hell can be. | 但也绝对有违法的可能 |
[07:30] | The only thing going on here | 唯一的猫腻就是 |
[07:32] | is that John Billows has a piece of candy | 约翰·毕洛斯手里有块糖 |
[07:33] | and I want to take it from him. | 而我想把它从他手中抢过来 |
[07:37] | One other thing. | 还有一件事 |
[07:39] | This is my business. | 这是我的生意 |
[07:41] | So you take this on, you get it done, | 所以如果你要接手 那你就得搞定 |
[07:43] | or you don’t take it on at all. | 不然你就干脆不要接手 |
[07:57] | Robert. Good to see you. | 罗伯特 很高兴见到你 |
[07:59] | Thanks for coming, Alex. How was the drive? | 谢谢你能来 亚历克斯 旅途如何 |
[08:01] | Scenic. Let me guess. | 风景不错 让我猜猜 |
[08:04] | The owner’s our client. | 这地方的主人是我们的客户 |
[08:05] | The owner’s me. | 这地方是我的 |
[08:08] | I gotta tell you, Robert, | 实话实说 罗伯特 |
[08:09] | making wine’s not exactly the hobby I pictured for you. | 我可没想到你会把酿酒当做爱好 |
[08:11] | It’s not a hobby, it’s an investment. | 这不是爱好 是投资 |
[08:13] | And right now, it’s netting less than zero. | 结果现在反而亏本了 |
[08:16] | What can I do to help? | 我能帮上什么忙吗 |
[08:18] | Why don’t we first start with a little tour? | 不如我先带你参观一下 |
[08:25] | Samantha, can I talk to you for a second? | 萨曼莎 我能跟你说句话吗 |
[08:26] | Sure, what’s on your mind? | 当然 你想说什么 |
[08:28] | You and Alex and Robert and Harvey… | 关于你和亚历克斯还有罗伯特和哈维 |
[08:31] | Harvey’s got a case that he doesn’t want, | 哈维接了一个他不想要的案子 |
[08:33] | but there’s nothing that | 但没人说过 |
[08:34] | says that he can’t get a little outside help on it. | 不可以找外援帮把手 |
[08:36] | Don’t tell me you’re trying to give me a leg up with Harvey, | 别告诉我你想让我来帮哈维 |
[08:38] | because you wouldn’t do that and I don’t need it. | 因为你不会开口 我也不会答应的 |
[08:41] | You’re right. I wouldn’t. | 说的没错 我不会开口的 |
[08:42] | But sooner or later, it’s gonna be either you or Alex | 不过迟早有一天 你和亚历克斯之中 |
[08:44] | who go up on that wall next, | 会有一个人成为冠名合伙人 |
[08:45] | and no matter who goes up there first, | 不管最后上墙的是谁 |
[08:47] | the other team isn’t gonna be happy about it. | 另外一方都不可能开心的 |
[08:49] | But the more we’re bonded as a family before that happens, | 但如果我们在这之前就已经统一战线的话 |
[08:51] | the more likely we’ll stay a family after it does. | 那之后我们能和睦相处的可能性就更大了 |
[08:55] | Then I just have one question. | 那我就只有一个问题了 |
[08:57] | When you said Harvey doesn’t want | 你说哈维不想 |
[08:58] | to take the case but he has to… | 但又不得不接下这个案子 |
[08:59] | – He did. – Why? | -没错 -为什么 |
[09:00] | Because I struck a deal with David Fox, | 因为我跟大卫·福克斯达成了一个协议 |
[09:02] | and Harvey can’t stand him. | 但是哈维受不了他 |
[09:03] | – Can you? – Not particularly. | -你能忍他吗 -我也不怎么受得了 |
[09:06] | Then why don’t you get me up to speed | 那你得在我去拜访大卫·福克斯之前 |
[09:07] | before I go pay a visit to this David Fox. | 先帮我补补课了 |
[09:20] | Well? | 这酒怎么样 |
[09:22] | – I’m more of a craft brew– – Oh, save the bullshit. | -其实我更喜欢精酿啤酒 -别扯了 |
[09:24] | I know. It tastes like ass. That’s my problem. | 我知道这酒难喝 这就是问题所在 |
[09:27] | So you want me to fire your winemaker? | 所以你想让我来炒了你的酿酒师 |
[09:29] | No, I want you to go after the son of a bitch | 不 我想让你去追查那个 |
[09:30] | who didn’t deliver the barrels that I paid for. | 迟迟不把我订的木桶送过来的混蛋 |
[09:32] | Because I had to let my wine stay in these vats, | 他害得我只能把酒保存在这些铁桶里 |
[09:36] | and it turned into that vinegar you’re now holding. | 然后我的酒就变成了你端着的那杯醋 |
[09:38] | And no one’s interested in buying vinegar. | 谁会想来买醋喝 |
[09:40] | I lost my entire harvest! | 我这一季的葡萄都浪费了 |
[09:42] | Shit. | 该死的 |
[09:44] | What did the guy say | 你打电话 |
[09:45] | when you called about the barrels? | 催木桶的时候他怎么说的 |
[09:46] | That they’d be here tomorrow. | 他说明天就到 |
[09:49] | And tomorrow. And tomorrow. | 然后明日复明日 就是不见桶 |
[09:50] | And meanwhile, all my neighbors got their barrels just fine. | 与此同时 附近酒厂已经全部顺利收到桶了 |
[09:53] | Which makes me think there’s more going on here | 我就觉得这件事肯定 |
[09:56] | than it looks like. | 没那么简单 |
[09:57] | You think this is about race? | 你觉得这是因为种族歧视 |
[09:59] | I think, between the looks I got at the bank | 从我在银行看到的那些眼神 |
[10:01] | and the cold shoulder I got at the market | 在市场上遭到的冷遇 |
[10:03] | and now this… | 还有现在这件事情看来 |
[10:03] | You’ve seen this movie before. | 像是同一部电影多次上演 |
[10:05] | Different cast, | 选角不同 |
[10:05] | different location, | 地点不同 |
[10:07] | but the same damn script. | 但剧本该死的一模一样 |
[10:08] | Robert, if that’s what’s going on here, | 罗伯特 如果这就是事情的真相 |
[10:09] | I’m not sure a lawsuit is gonna get these guys to back off. | 我不觉得诉讼会让这些人收手 |
[10:12] | Look, I’m not saying they’re wearing white robes. | 问题的关键不在于他们是白人 |
[10:14] | I’m saying they’re trying to keep me out of the country club. | 在于他们想把我排挤出去 |
[10:16] | What do you want to do? | 你想怎么办 |
[10:16] | I want to send a message | 我想让他们知道 |
[10:19] | that if they try this shit again, | 如果他们再敢这么做 |
[10:20] | there’s not gonna be a country club. | 他们的小团体就将不复存在了 |
[10:27] | The great Harvey Specter walking through my door. | 大名鼎鼎的哈维·斯佩克特进了我的门 |
[10:30] | Now I know I’m a big deal. | 现在我知道我也算得上是个厉害角色了 |
[10:31] | Not as big as the deal | 你没有我即将提供的 |
[10:32] | I’m about to offer you, Mr. Billows. | 那份协议厉害 毕洛斯先生 |
[10:35] | Oh, I like you already. | 我已经喜欢上你了 |
[10:36] | Then you’re really gonna love my client. | 那你肯定也会喜欢上我的客户的 |
[10:38] | Santana Developers. | 桑塔纳地产 |
[10:39] | They’re an up-and-coming real estate firm | 他们是西南部一家很有前途的 |
[10:40] | from the southwest, and, fortunately for you, | 房地产公司 还有你也很幸运 |
[10:43] | they’ve taken an interest in your redevelopment project | 他们对你在自由大道的重建项目 |
[10:45] | on Liberty Avenue. | 很感兴趣 |
[10:46] | Have they, now? | 是吗 |
[10:47] | Well, that’s a shame, ’cause it’s not for sale. | 那很遗憾 因为这个项目并不出售 |
[10:50] | And there’s no southwest firm that I’ve never heard of. | 我也从没听说过什么西南部的公司 |
[10:52] | All right. You got me. | 好吧 算你厉害 |
[10:55] | My client’s associated closely with government of Dubai. | 我的客户跟迪拜政府联系密切 |
[10:58] | A fact they’d rather not announce, | 他们并不想公开这件事 |
[11:01] | and, in exchange for that secrecy, | 所以为了保密 |
[11:05] | they’re willing to offer you this. | 他们愿意给你开出如下条件 |
[11:12] | Thank you for your time. | 还是感谢你能前来 |
[11:13] | John, that’s 25% over market value. | 约翰 这可比市价高四分之一 |
[11:16] | All cash. | 而且是现金交易 |
[11:17] | And I told you, I’m not selling. | 我说过了 我不会卖的 |
[11:19] | Least of all to David Fox. | 更别说是卖给大卫·福克斯 |
[11:22] | All right, John, look– – | 好吧 约翰 听着 |
[11:24] | All right, look, I’ll give you credit. | 好吧 你确实值得赞赏 |
[11:25] | I mean, you do live up to your reputation. | 我是说 你果然名不虚传 |
[11:27] | ‘Cause a fallback straw man | 编一个幌子 |
[11:28] | is something even I never thought of. | 这招确实我都没想过 |
[11:30] | And if you really knew my reputation, | 如果你确实听闻过我的名声 |
[11:31] | you’d know a straw man is just my first move. | 你就会知道这个幌子只是我的第一步 |
[11:34] | You don’t want to see | 你不会想看见 |
[11:35] | what I’m gonna come at you with next. | 我的下一步的 |
[11:37] | Well, I believe you’ll try to cut off my financing. | 我猜你会想切断掉我的资金 |
[11:40] | But my partners are in China. | 但是我的合伙人都在中国 |
[11:43] | And I’ve been in bed with them for ten years. | 我和他们可是十年的交情了 |
[11:46] | They trust me implicitly. | 他们毫无疑问会信任我 |
[11:50] | Good day, Mr. Specter. | 慢走 斯佩克特先生 |
[11:52] | My regards to David Fox. | 替我向大卫·福克斯问好 |
[12:05] | Louis, I can’t believe | 路易 难以置信 |
[12:06] | you got us a reservation here so quickly. | 你居然这么快就在这里订到了位置 |
[12:08] | Sheila, you’re gonna be the mother of my son. | 希拉 你马上就是我儿子的母亲了 |
[12:11] | I’m getting you in wherever you want to go. | 你想去哪儿我都会带你去 |
[12:13] | – Son? – Or daughter. | -儿子 -女儿也不错 |
[12:15] | Well, here’s to watching either one of them | 那这杯就敬不管是儿子还是女儿 |
[12:17] | take ballet lessons and tap | 我们都会看着他们在芭蕾课上跳舞 |
[12:20] | and learn to twirl the baton. | 还要学怎么指挥 |
[12:21] | Oh, my God, I get to teach him the baton. | 天呐 我能教他怎么挥指挥棒 |
[12:23] | I can’t wait. It’s why I want to have a boy. | 我等不及了 所以我才想有个儿子 |
[12:25] | And I can’t wait because we’re gonna be a family. | 我等不及是因为我们马上就是一家三口了 |
[12:27] | And we’re gonna do everything together. | 全家人无论做什么都在一起 |
[12:29] | We’re gonna get ready in the morning together. | 早晨一起穿戴洗漱 |
[12:31] | We’re gonna go on vacations together. | 还能一起度假 |
[12:33] | We’re gonna get to visit him at Camp Brucha | 我们还能去布鲁哈训练营看他 |
[12:35] | and see him come running out in his little– | 看他跑出来 穿着那小小的 |
[12:36] | Wait a second. Camp Brucha? | 等等 布鲁哈训练营 |
[12:39] | No, Sheila, I know I told you that the kids there | 不 希拉 我知道我告诉过你那里的小鬼 |
[12:41] | burned all my underwear, | 把我的内裤全烧了 |
[12:42] | but I’m telling you, it made me stronger. | 但我要告诉你 我因此变得更坚强了 |
[12:44] | Louis, your underwear isn’t what I’m talking about. | 路易 我不管你的什么内裤 |
[12:46] | I meant Brucha is a Jewish camp. | 我是说布鲁哈是个犹太教夏令营 |
[12:49] | – Yeah, so what? – So it never occurred to me | -对啊 怎么了 -我到现在才知道 |
[12:51] | that you’d want to raise our child Jewish. | 你想让我们的孩子信犹太教 |
[12:53] | Of course I do. | 我当然想 |
[12:54] | I thought it went without saying. | 这话还用说 |
[12:56] | Just like I thought it went without saying | 就像我以为我们俩默认了 |
[12:57] | that we wouldn’t raise them anything. | 我们不会让孩子信任何东西 |
[12:59] | – Why would you think that? – Okay, Louis. | -你怎么会这么想 -好吧 路易 |
[13:02] | How would your parents feel | 假如我们让孩子信天主教 |
[13:03] | if we said we were gonna raise our child Catholic? | 你父母会做何感想 |
[13:07] | Exactly. | 正是如此 |
[13:07] | That’s how my parents would feel | 如果我们要让孩子信犹太教 |
[13:09] | if we raised our child Jewish. | 我父母就会是这样的感受 |
[13:11] | Yeah, but it’s different. | 是 但这是不一样的 |
[13:12] | Not to me, it isn’t. | 不 对我来说是一样的 |
[13:13] | – Sheila– – Louis, please. | -希拉 -拜托 路易 |
[13:15] | This is supposed to be a celebration. | 今晚我们本是来庆祝的 |
[13:17] | Can’t you just let it go? | 你就不能先把这事放一边么 |
[13:20] | Of course, Sheila. | 当然 希拉 |
[13:22] | Consider it gone. | 这事就算过去了 |
[13:25] | Miles Newton. | 迈尔斯·纽顿 |
[13:29] | Yes? | 哪位 |
[13:30] | My name is Alex Williams. | 我是亚历克斯·威廉姆斯 |
[13:32] | I represent Robert Zane. | 我是罗伯特·赞恩的律师 |
[13:34] | – Represent? – That’s right. | -律师 -没错 |
[13:36] | He’s suing you for breach of contract. | 他要告你违约 |
[13:38] | This is ridiculous. | 这太荒唐了 |
[13:39] | I told him it was a clerical error. | 我跟他说过了 这只是个笔误 |
[13:41] | And that error cost him his yield for the season. | 但这个笔误让他赔了一个季度的收益 |
[13:42] | Look, I also told him that I’ll comp him | 听着 我还告诉过他我会 |
[13:44] | all the barrels that he needs next year to make up for it. | 提供明年他需要的所有木桶作为补偿 |
[13:47] | There may not be a next year | 有没有明年都还是个疑问 |
[13:48] | because you cheated my client out of money, | 因为你骗走了我客户的钱 |
[13:49] | and now you’re gonna pay him back, | 现在你要把那些钱还给他 |
[13:51] | plus his lost revenue, | 再加上他折损的收益 |
[13:52] | and any other damages I can hang on you. | 以及其他任何我能套在你头上的损失 |
[13:53] | If I cheated him, | 如果我骗他 |
[13:55] | then why would I give the new guy in town, | 那为什么我要给新来的家伙 |
[13:57] | your guy, a cut-rate deal? | 也就是你的客户更低的折扣 |
[13:59] | What are you talking about? | 你说什么 |
[14:00] | My other clients paid 5% more. | 我其他的客户要多付5% |
[14:01] | Your client was the one who actually got a break. | 你的客户才是那个占了便宜的 |
[14:04] | A 30% discount. | 打七折 |
[14:06] | And did the other vintners know you were doing that? | 其他葡萄酒商知道你这么做么 |
[14:07] | We’re a community up here, Mr. Williams. | 我们这儿是一个共同体 威廉姆斯先生 |
[14:10] | We protect our own. | 自己人保护自己人 |
[14:12] | So they gave the new guy a break, | 他们给了那个新来的家伙折扣 |
[14:14] | and they took the hit, | 他们承受了损失 |
[14:16] | so you want to slap me with a lawsuit? | 你却要往我脸上砸个官司 |
[14:18] | Go ahead, and we will just see who wins. | 来啊 我倒要看看谁笑到最后 |
[14:28] | Look at you sweating it out in the law library | 瞧瞧你在法律图书馆里埋头苦干的样子 |
[14:30] | like a first-year. | 跟个新来的似的 |
[14:31] | I didn’t know you could read. | 我都不知道你会读书呢 |
[14:32] | I’m just looking at the pictures. | 我只是在看图而已 |
[14:35] | Then why don’t you let me help you | 你为什么不让我帮你 |
[14:36] | figure out how to get that building. | 想想怎么拿下那栋大楼 |
[14:37] | Excuse me? | 你说什么 |
[14:38] | Donna thought you could use some backup | 唐娜觉得你也许需要一些外援 |
[14:39] | dealing with David Fox. | 来帮你解决大卫·福克斯的案子 |
[14:41] | – Donna did, or you did? – What does that mean? | -唐娜说的还是你自己来的 -什么意思 |
[14:44] | It means you want to impress me | 意思就是你想给我留个好印象 |
[14:45] | so when the time comes, I’ll vote for you. | 等时候到了 我就会给你投票 |
[14:47] | Well, let me tell you something, | 那你可得听好了 |
[14:48] | that’s never gonna happen. | 这绝对没可能 |
[14:49] | I know that. | 我心里清楚的很 |
[14:50] | And I’m here because I just might have | 我来这儿只是因为我可以给你提供 |
[14:51] | a solution to your Fox problem. | 一个解决福克斯案子的法子 |
[14:53] | So you can either trust me or you can figure out | 你要么选择相信我 要么自己使劲琢磨 |
[14:55] | how to get out of this yourself. | 怎么搞定这个案子吧 |
[14:57] | But for the record, | 但我得说一句 |
[14:59] | not everything I do comes with a price tag. | 不是我做的每件事都要回报的 |
[15:02] | This was Donna’s idea? | 这是唐娜的主意吧 |
[15:03] | Yeah, it was. | 是的 |
[15:05] | Well, then, why don’t you sit down, | 好吧 不如你先坐下 |
[15:06] | and I’ll bring you up to speed. | 我把事情的来龙去脉告诉你 |
[15:07] | I have a better idea. | 我有个更好的主意 |
[15:08] | Why don’t I sit down and tell you | 不如我坐下告诉你 |
[15:11] | how we’re gonna get that building. | 我们该怎么拿下那栋大楼 |
[15:15] | How did it go? | 还顺利吗 |
[15:16] | Exactly as planned. | 和设想的一样 |
[15:18] | In that case, why don’t we have a drink to celebrate, | 既然这样 我们何不喝杯酒来庆祝庆祝 |
[15:21] | and then we’ll take care of everything tomorrow. | 剩下的事情留着明天再说好了 |
[15:23] | As long as you have a beer or some scotch, | 前提是你有啤酒或苏格兰威士忌 |
[15:24] | because I’m not drinking any more of that vinegar shit. | 我可不要喝那个醋味儿的鬼东西 |
[15:27] | Don’t worry. | 别担心 |
[15:28] | Neither am I. | 我也不喝 |
[15:33] | Robert, I gotta ask. | 罗伯特 我想问问你 |
[15:35] | You’re a scotch guy. You’re a lawyer. | 你是喜欢喝威士忌 还是个律师 |
[15:38] | Why come up here to buy a vineyard? | 为什么要来这儿买个葡萄园呢 |
[15:41] | My sister. | 是我的姐姐 |
[15:44] | She died years ago. | 她几年前去世了 |
[15:46] | We used to drink wine together, | 我们以前一起喝葡萄酒 |
[15:48] | and we didn’t know shit about vintage or tannins. | 对酿造年份 单宁什么的一窍不通 |
[15:52] | We just knew what we liked. | 我们只知道自己喜欢喝什么 |
[15:54] | And when I drink wine, I think about her. | 当我喝葡萄酒时 我就会想起她 |
[15:56] | I didn’t know you had a sister. | 我不知道你还有个姐姐 |
[15:58] | Well, now you do. | 现在你知道了 |
[16:00] | I worked a case with Rachel last year, | 我去年和瑞秋合作了一个案子 |
[16:03] | got me thinking about her even more. | 让我越发地思念她 |
[16:05] | And I realized… | 然后我意识到 |
[16:08] | I like thinking about her even more. | 我希望自己更想念她一点 |
[16:10] | Then here’s to making sure you’re thinking of her | 这杯敬你直到白发苍苍 |
[16:12] | till you’re old and gray. | 都会思念姐姐 |
[16:13] | Got that right. | 没错 |
[16:22] | Oh, thanks for making time for me, Esther. | 谢谢你抽空见我 埃斯特 |
[16:23] | I really appreciate it. | 我真的非常感激 |
[16:24] | I have to tell you, Louis, | 我得说 路易 |
[16:25] | I haven’t stopped smiling since you told me the news. | 自从你告诉我那喜讯后 我就一直笑容满面 |
[16:29] | Have you told Mom and Dad? | 你告诉爸妈了吗 |
[16:30] | Actually, that’s the reason I wanted to talk to you. | 实际上这就是我想跟你谈话的原因 |
[16:32] | – Okay. – Sheila and I were talking. | -好吧 -希拉和我之前谈过 |
[16:34] | We’re not raising the baby Jewish. | 我们不准备让孩子信犹太教 |
[16:37] | I need you to help me explain that to Mom and Dad, | 我需要你帮我和爸妈解释这个 |
[16:39] | and I need to know how upset you think they’ll be. | 而且我得知道 你觉得他们会有多沮丧 |
[16:41] | How much would it upset you | 要是你下半辈子 |
[16:43] | to be ostracized by them for the rest of your life? | 被他们逐出家门了 你什么感觉 |
[16:47] | Tell you the truth, I could think of worse things. | 说实话 我还能想到更糟的情况 |
[16:48] | Louis. | 路易 |
[16:50] | It would crush them, and you know it. | 这会让他们崩溃的 你明知道这个 |
[16:53] | You’re Jewish. | 你是个犹太人 |
[16:54] | You should raise your children Jewish. | 你的孩子也应该信犹太教 |
[16:55] | Wait a second, wait a second. | 等等 等等 |
[16:59] | You feel the same way too? | 你也这么想吗 |
[17:01] | I think this is between you and Sheila. | 这是你和希拉的事 |
[17:03] | It’s not up to me. | 我的意见无关紧要 |
[17:05] | But if you want the truth, | 但你要听实话的话 |
[17:06] | I always thought if you ever had kids, | 我一直以为你要有孩子的话 |
[17:08] | that they would go to Camp Brucha | 他们会像我们俩还有我的孩子一样 |
[17:10] | like mine did, like you and I did. | 去布鲁哈夏令营 |
[17:12] | I know. I do too. Remember? | 我知道 我也这么想 记得吗 |
[17:14] | * Because… * | * 因为 * |
[17:16] | * We’re all mishpucha * | * 在布鲁哈夏令营 * |
[17:18] | * Here at Camp Brucha * | * 我们都是一家人 * |
[17:20] | Anyway, that’s not gonna happen, | 不管怎么说 这都不可能了 |
[17:21] | because the way this whole thing started, | 因为当我跟希拉提起布鲁哈 |
[17:23] | when I brought up Brucha to Sheila, | 开这个话头时 |
[17:24] | she nearly choked on her water. | 她差点呛到自己 |
[17:26] | Wait a second, she’s driving this? | 等等 这是她的主意 |
[17:28] | Of course she is. You think I want this? | 当然是她的 你以为我愿意这样吗 |
[17:29] | I just said the goddamn camp pledge. | 我就提了提夏令营的事 |
[17:31] | Then you need to tell her how you’re feeling. | 那你要跟她说说你的感受 |
[17:33] | I tried talking to her about it. | 我试过去说服她 |
[17:34] | She made it clear she didn’t want to, | 她摆明了就是不愿意 |
[17:36] | and here we are. | 所以才变成现在这样 |
[17:40] | Louis, I want to talk to you about Jeffrey. | 路易 我想跟你聊聊杰弗里 |
[17:42] | Jeffrey’s an asshole. | 杰弗里是个混蛋 |
[17:43] | No, he’s not, Louis. | 不 他不是 路易 |
[17:45] | He’s the father of my children, | 他是我孩子的父亲 |
[17:47] | and the reason our marriage fell apart | 我们的婚姻分崩离析 |
[17:50] | wasn’t because of what he did to me | 不是因为他对我做的事 |
[17:52] | but because of what he didn’t do with me. | 而是因为那些他没有和我做的事 |
[17:56] | Express how he felt about you being the breadwinner. | 表达他对让你赚钱养家的感受 |
[17:58] | Yes. | 对 |
[17:59] | So if you want me to help you | 所以如果你要我帮你 |
[18:00] | break the news to Mom and Dad, I will, | 把这事告诉爸妈 我会的 |
[18:04] | but I’m not gonna do it | 但只有你告诉希拉你的感受后 |
[18:04] | until you tell Sheila how you’re feeling. | 我才会那么做 |
[18:10] | All right, what do we have here? | 你们有什么事 |
[18:11] | I’ll tell you what we have. | 我来说吧 |
[18:12] | I got a building; I don’t want to sell it; | 我有栋楼 我不想卖掉它 |
[18:14] | and these two are in here crying to you. | 这两个就来找你哭诉 |
[18:15] | You don’t have a lawyer? | 你没有律师 |
[18:16] | I don’t need a goddamn lawyer. | 我用不着律师 |
[18:17] | We’re not crying. | 我们没有哭诉 |
[18:19] | We are representing the community. | 我们在此代表社区 |
[18:20] | Because that building was built in 1896, | 因为那栋楼建造于1896年 |
[18:22] | and all we’re asking for is a TRO | 我们只想申请一道临时禁制令 |
[18:24] | until the landmark commission can make a decision. | 冻结房子到地标委员会作出决定为止 |
[18:26] | Give me a break. | 等等 |
[18:27] | They’re not representing the community. | 他们不是代表社区 |
[18:29] | They’re representing David Fox. | 他们是大卫·福克斯的律师 |
[18:31] | I did not say he was my client. | 我没说他是我的客户 |
[18:33] | And even if he did, that doesn’t mean | 即便他是我的客户 那也不意味着 |
[18:35] | this is connected to that. | 这和此事有关 |
[18:37] | How about the fact that Mr. Fox has been shoveling | 那这件事呢 福克斯先生每月支付给 |
[18:39] | my biggest tenant tens of thousands of dollars | 我最大的租户上万美金 |
[18:41] | a month to stay in his lease so I couldn’t kick him out? | 来延续租期 好让我没法把他赶出去 |
[18:45] | Is that connected? | 这有关系吗 |
[18:46] | – What? – Your Honor. | -什么 -法官阁下 |
[18:48] | Those payments are repayments for an unrelated debt. | 那些金钱是为了偿还一笔不相干的债务 |
[18:51] | Bullshit. Peter Minto doesn’t have two pennies to rub together, | 胡说 皮特·明托兜里一个子也没有 |
[18:54] | much less tens of thousands to loan David Fox. | 更别说借给大卫·福克斯几万美金了 |
[18:57] | And the details of someone’s personal financial arrangements | 其他人的个人财务状况 |
[18:59] | are not your business. | 不关你的事 |
[19:01] | That’s enough. | 够了 |
[19:02] | You two want to push this up the hill | 你们俩想把这楼和地标委员会 |
[19:03] | with the landmark commission, be my guest, | 扯上关系 随你们的便 |
[19:05] | but I see no reason to stop this man | 但我看不出为什么 |
[19:06] | from making a living in the meantime. | 要在同时阻止这个人赚钱 |
[19:07] | Your restraining order is denied. | 你们的限制申请驳回 |
[19:13] | Okay, what we need to do– | 好吧 我们要做的是 |
[19:14] | How the hell did you find out | 你怎么知道 |
[19:15] | about those payments? | 那些钱的事 |
[19:17] | I’ll tell you how. | 我来说吧 |
[19:18] | You went to Fox behind my back. | 你背着我去找福克斯 |
[19:20] | No. I had your back. | 不 我是在帮你 |
[19:22] | You had nothing. I brought you something. | 你两手空空 我给你找了点筹码 |
[19:24] | Well, that something just blew up in our faces, | 那筹码刚刚在我们面前炸了 |
[19:25] | because he’s been using those payments | 因为他在用那些钱 |
[19:27] | to launder money, peddle influence, | 洗钱 搞事 |
[19:29] | or God knows what other crime. | 或者犯一些乱七八糟的罪 |
[19:31] | And that is exactly why I didn’t tell you, | 所以我才不告诉你 |
[19:33] | because Donna told me you don’t trust him. | 因为唐娜告诉我 你不信任他 |
[19:35] | You’re damn right I don’t trust him. | 你说对了 我就是不信任他 |
[19:37] | Because when a man like that hides money, | 因为当他那种人藏钱的时候 |
[19:39] | it’s not because he’s secretly donating to Goodwill. | 绝不是因为他在偷偷做慈善 |
[19:41] | Harvey, he is our client. | 哈维 他是我们的客户 |
[19:43] | No. He’s not. | 他不是 |
[19:45] | – You can’t just drop him. – Yes, I can. | -你不能不管他 -我能 |
[19:48] | Because I don’t give a shit about Donna’s deal. | 因为我才不关心唐娜的交易 |
[19:50] | I’m not representing a client that lies to my face! | 我不会代理当着我的面撒谎的人 |
[19:59] | What’s the matter, Mr. Newton? | 怎么了 纽顿先生 |
[20:01] | You don’t look happy to be here. | 你看着不太高兴 |
[20:02] | I’m not. | 我是不高兴 |
[20:03] | I don’t appreciate being subpoenaed. | 我可不喜欢收传票 |
[20:05] | Well, if you don’t appreciate that, | 如果你不喜欢那个 |
[20:07] | you’re definitely not gonna appreciate this. | 你肯定更不会喜欢这个 |
[20:12] | You’re accusing my client of intent to defraud? | 你要起诉我的客户蓄意诈骗吗 |
[20:14] | That’s what he did, isn’t it? | 确实如此 不是吗 |
[20:15] | I didn’t do anything | 我什么也没干 |
[20:16] | except be a little bit late with your barrels. | 不过是稍稍延迟了运送你木桶的时间 |
[20:18] | What you did was entice my client with a discount, | 你用折扣诱惑我的客户 |
[20:20] | then sabotage his yield | 破坏他的产量 |
[20:21] | because you knew the other vintners would make you whole. | 因为你知道其他酒商能让你把钱赚回来 |
[20:23] | – My client did no such thing. – Yes, he did. | -我客户没做这些事 -他做了 |
[20:25] | He admitted it to my face last night, and now, | 昨晚他当我的面承认了 而现在 |
[20:27] | instead of a lawsuit, | 我们不打算起诉 |
[20:28] | you’re looking at criminal charges. | 你面临的是刑事指控 |
[20:29] | Criminal charges? Are you out of your mind? | 刑事指控 你疯了吗 |
[20:32] | They can’t do this to me, can they? | 他们不能这么对我 对吧 |
[20:33] | Look at his face. | 看看他的表情 |
[20:35] | It says we can. | 你就知道我们可以 |
[20:36] | It should be more than that, you son of a bitch. | 刑事指控还便宜了你 狗娘养的 |
[20:38] | What the hell is your problem? | 你到底有什么毛病 |
[20:39] | You know what my problem is? | 你想知道我的问题吗 |
[20:40] | The oldest problem in the book for a man like me. | 那就是我这类人面临的最古老的问题 |
[20:43] | And I’m putting a stop to it right now. | 现在我要了结了它 |
[20:44] | Race? Race, is that what you think this is about? | 种族 你以为这是种族歧视吗 |
[20:47] | I know that’s what this is about. | 我知道问题就在于此 |
[20:49] | Oh, you pompous piece of shit. | 你这自以为是的混蛋 |
[20:51] | – Miles. – No, no. | -迈尔斯 -不 不 |
[20:51] | I am not gonna sit here and let him accuse me of that. | 我不会乖乖坐着让他这样指责我 |
[20:55] | You want to know why you didn’t get your barrels? | 你想知道你为什么没拿到你的木桶吗 |
[20:57] | Because you don’t deserve them. | 因为你不配拿到 |
[20:58] | – And there it is. – No, no, no, no. | -终于说出来了 -不不不 |
[21:00] | See, our families have worked those vineyards for generations, | 我们家族世世代代都在那些葡萄园里工作 |
[21:03] | and you just come waltzing in here | 你以为你可以大摇大摆地 |
[21:04] | with your Wall Street money, | 带着你华尔街的臭钱进来 |
[21:06] | acting like you own the place, | 好像你是园主一样 |
[21:07] | and you’ve been here for, what, ten minutes? | 你来这里才多久 十分钟都不到 |
[21:09] | We’ve been here our whole lives. | 我们一辈子都在这里 |
[21:11] | You bought out that man before you | 在你之前的那家伙只是有一年不太顺利 |
[21:14] | after he had one down year. | 你就买了他的股份 |
[21:16] | And we’re not gonna let you get away with it. | 我们不会放过你的 |
[21:18] | You tell yourself whatever you want. | 随便你怎么想 |
[21:20] | But you’re right about one thing. | 但你说对了一件事 |
[21:21] | I’m a big, bad motherfucker, | 我是个不好惹的狠角色 |
[21:23] | and I’m here to drink your goddamn milkshake. | 而且我他妈是来喝你们的奶昔的 |
[21:37] | Let me guess, Samantha told you what I’m about to do. | 让我猜猜 萨曼莎告诉你我要干什么了 |
[21:39] | Yeah, she did. | 没错 |
[21:40] | Oh, so she keeps shit from me but shares it with you. | 所以她事事瞒着我 却和你通气 |
[21:42] | Don’t make this about her. | 别把这事赖到她身上 |
[21:43] | She does what she wants, just like you do. | 她只是随心所欲而你 和你一样 |
[21:45] | – You’re taking her side? – I’m taking my side. | -你站在她那边了 -我站在我自己这边 |
[21:47] | Because you may be done with this case, | 因为也许你撒手不管这个案子了 |
[21:48] | but she’s gonna keep working on it | 但她会继续处理 |
[21:49] | because, unlike you, she cares about my reputation. | 因为不像你 她在乎我的名声 |
[21:52] | You think I don’t care about you? | 你觉得我不在乎你吗 |
[21:54] | You’re in your position because I put you there. | 你现在的地位就是拜我所赐 |
[21:56] | No, Harvey, I’m in my position because I fucking earned it! | 不 哈维 我取得的成就都我应得的 |
[21:59] | Now, if you want to talk about things you did, | 如果你想谈谈你做过的事 |
[22:02] | you authorized me to negotiate this deal, | 你同意我去协商这个交易 |
[22:04] | and if you don’t honor it, Fox is gonna tell the world, | 如果你现在退出 福克斯会告诉全世界 |
[22:06] | and how’s that gonna go the next time | 那我下次再试着与别人达成协议时 |
[22:07] | I try to come to an agreement with anyone? | 我该怎么办 |
[22:09] | It’ll go fine because he has no integrity. | 没事的 因为他不诚信 |
[22:12] | – Nobody will believe him. – Okay. | -没人信他 -行 |
[22:14] | Let me put this in words that you’ll understand. | 那让我说得更明白一点 |
[22:17] | I have integrity. | 我有信誉 |
[22:19] | You let him go, you’re making me a liar. | 如果你让他走 我就成了骗子 |
[22:22] | You want to talk about a liar? | 你想说说骗子的事吗 |
[22:23] | He lied to my face. | 他当着我的面撒谎了 |
[22:24] | And so have a thousand other clients. | 其他的客户也撒过谎 |
[22:26] | You were just waiting for an opportunity to let him go. | 你不过是在伺机解约 |
[22:28] | Because we never should’ve taken him on in the first place. | 因为我们一开始就不该接他的案子 |
[22:30] | Well, we did, and like I said, | 但我们接了 而且如我所说 |
[22:32] | you drop him, you’re making me a liar. | 你放弃了他 我就成了骗子 |
[22:33] | And I don’t care if the rest of the world knows it or not. | 我不在乎世界上其他人知不知道 |
[22:35] | You’ll know it, and I’ll know it. | 但这事你知 我也知 |
[22:38] | Now, you go ahead and do what you want. | 现在你爱干嘛干嘛去吧 |
[22:40] | You always do anyway. | 反正你一向如此 |
[22:50] | Louis, what a surprise. I was just reading. | 路易 真是意外 我刚刚在看书 |
[22:53] | Listen. Sheila… we need to talk. | 听着 希拉 我们需要谈谈 |
[22:56] | About what? | 关于什么 |
[22:57] | I want to raise our child Jewish. | 我想让我们的孩子信犹太教 |
[22:59] | Louis, I thought we talked about this. | 路易 我以为我们之前说好了 |
[23:00] | No, Sheila, we didn’t, | 不 希拉 我们没有 |
[23:01] | because we were celebrating, | 因为我们在庆祝 |
[23:02] | and you told me to let it go. | 而你让我不要提这事 |
[23:04] | And I tried to let it go, | 我试过就此罢休 |
[23:05] | but then I talked to Esther. | 但后来我和艾斯特谈了谈 |
[23:06] | And now I can’t. | 现在我没法不去想这事了 |
[23:07] | Okay, so you talked to Esther | 我们说好了不告诉别人 |
[23:08] | after you said we wouldn’t tell anyone yet? | 然后你转身告诉了艾斯特 |
[23:10] | Yes, I did, because she’s my family. | 是的 因为她是我的家人 |
[23:12] | I get it, so you and your sister | 我懂了 所以你和你妹妹 |
[23:14] | have a long conversation about Sheila, the shiksa. | 深入地讨论了希拉 这个异族姑娘 |
[23:17] | Sheila, it’s not like that. | 希拉 不是这样的 |
[23:19] | Esther helped me realize that | 艾斯特帮助我意识到 |
[23:21] | I don’t care what my parents think. | 我不在乎我父母怎么想 |
[23:23] | I don’t care what your parents think. | 或你父母怎么想 |
[23:25] | It’s what’s important to me. | 我只在乎什么对我最重要 |
[23:26] | And how about what’s important to me? | 那对我来说重要的东西呢 |
[23:28] | That’s why I want to talk this out. | 所以我想和你商量 |
[23:30] | Because I don’t want to end up resenting you for this. | 因为我不想以后为这事埋怨你 |
[23:32] | And I don’t want to resent you either, | 我也不想埋怨你 |
[23:34] | so why don’t you tell me why this is so important to you. | 不如你告诉我为何这事对你来说这么重要 |
[23:38] | What’s so important is that it’s a part of who I am. | 因为那是我的一部分 |
[23:41] | And being Catholic is a part of who I am. | 天主教也是我的一部分 |
[23:43] | But you said you were not religious. | 但你说你不信教 |
[23:45] | And so did you. | 你也说过 |
[23:46] | That’s what I am trying to explain to you. | 这就是我想跟你解释的地方 |
[23:50] | Being Jewish isn’t just a religion to me. | 犹太教对我来说不仅仅是宗教 |
[23:54] | It’s in my blood. | 这些东西在我的血液里 |
[23:55] | And you don’t think it’s the same for me? | 你觉得天主教对我来说不是吗 |
[23:57] | – No, I don’t. – Then you don’t get it. | -对 我不这么想 -那你根本就没明白 |
[23:59] | Because when I said my parents wouldn’t like this, | 当我说我父母不会喜欢这样的时候 |
[24:01] | what I meant was, the people who raised me, | 我其实是想说 养育我的人 |
[24:04] | who are my blood, have had a hard enough time | 我的血亲们 费了好大力气 |
[24:06] | accepting the fact that I don’t practice anymore. | 才接受我不再信教这件事 |
[24:09] | And I don’t want to separate myself from them | 我不想再与他们产生分歧 |
[24:11] | by telling them that my child | 不想告诉他们我的孩子 |
[24:13] | is going to be different than all of us. | 会和我们所有人都不一样 |
[24:16] | Sheila, I can’t just rip this out of me. | 希拉 我不能就这么放弃 |
[24:18] | Louis, I’m not asking you to rip it out of you. | 路易 我没有叫你放弃 |
[24:20] | I just don’t want to raise our child one way or another. | 我只是不想你在孩子的信仰问题上这么绝对 |
[24:23] | You know what, to me, it’s the same damn thing. | 你知道吗 对我来说 这是同一件事 |
[24:25] | Then I don’t know what to tell you. | 那我不知道该跟你说什么是好了 |
[24:26] | Neither do I. | 我也一样 |
[24:32] | Neither do I. | 我也一样 |
[24:36] | Samantha, can I talk to you for a minute? | 萨曼莎 我能和你聊聊吗 |
[24:39] | Looks like you need more than that. | 我感觉你不只需要聊聊 |
[24:41] | I tried to talk Harvey out of dropping Fox, | 我想劝哈维别放弃福克斯的案子 |
[24:43] | but I’m not sure I convinced him. | 但我不确定有没有说服他 |
[24:45] | – And? – I told him you said | -然后呢 -我告诉他你说 |
[24:47] | you’d keep working on the case anyway. | 无论如何你都会继续做这个案子 |
[24:48] | That’s funny, because I didn’t say that. | 那就有意思了 因为我可没这么说过 |
[24:50] | No. You didn’t. | 是 你的确没说过 |
[24:53] | But the reason I told him you did is– | 但我告诉他你说过的原因是 |
[24:54] | Because you gave Fox your word. | 因为你已经答应福克斯了 |
[24:56] | And even if Harvey doesn’t live up to it, I can. | 就算哈维无法兑现诺言 我也会兑现 |
[24:58] | Exactly. | 没错 |
[24:59] | It looks like I’ve got some more work to do. | 看来我有更多的活儿要干了 |
[25:02] | Because I’m not gonna make a liar out of you. | 因为我不会让你变成骗子的 |
[25:04] | – Thank you, Samantha. – No need to thank me, Donna. | -谢谢你 萨曼莎 -不用谢我 唐娜 |
[25:07] | I’m sure you’d do the same for me. | 我相信你也会为我这么做的 |
[25:12] | Louis, what’s going on? | 路易 怎么了 |
[25:15] | It’s not usual for you to come in so many times in one week. | 你一周来见我这么多次可不寻常 |
[25:19] | What did Harvey get into now? | 哈维又怎么了 |
[25:21] | This isn’t about Harvey. It’s about Sheila. | 和哈维无关 我是要说希拉 |
[25:22] | I need you to convince her to raise our children Jewish. | 我要你帮我说服她 让我们的孩子信犹太教 |
[25:24] | Louis, I’m not going to do that. | 路易 我不会这么做的 |
[25:26] | Why not? | 为什么 |
[25:27] | I know she came to see you that time. | 我知道上次她来找过你 |
[25:28] | Did you think I wouldn’t find out about that one? | 你以为我不知道吗 |
[25:30] | No, I assumed you would find out | 不 我知道你会发现的 |
[25:32] | when I explicitly told her to tell you about it. | 我跟她说了让她告诉你 |
[25:34] | Well, if you can order her to do that, | 如果你能命令她告诉我的话 |
[25:35] | why can’t you order her to raise our children Jewish? | 为什么你不命令她让孩子信犹太教就好了 |
[25:37] | What kind of therapist are you? | 你这算哪门子的心理医生啊 |
[25:41] | Louis. | 路易 |
[25:43] | I know I’ve told you this before, | 我知道我以前告诉过你 |
[25:44] | and I know you refuse to believe me, | 我也知道你不相信 |
[25:46] | but my parents were Jews in Nazi Germany, | 但我父母就是曾经生活在纳粹德国的犹太人 |
[25:49] | and there was a point for them | 他们当时有理由 |
[25:50] | where they discussed renouncing their Judaism | 放弃犹太教 |
[25:52] | for a chance to save their lives. | 来保全性命 |
[25:54] | They didn’t. | 但他们没有 |
[25:56] | So I understand as much as anyone | 所以我非常理解 |
[25:59] | the value of maintaining a Jewish identity. | 保留犹太人身份的价值 |
[26:02] | – But? – But, to me, | -但是 -但是对于我来说 |
[26:04] | the heart of Judaism is family. | 犹太教的核心是家庭 |
[26:07] | What’re you saying? | 你想说什么 |
[26:09] | I’m saying, if you can’t be on the same page | 我是说 如果你们在孩子的宗教问题上 |
[26:11] | about how to raise your children, | 无法达成一致 |
[26:13] | maybe you should discuss not having them. | 也许你们应该考虑不要孩子 |
[26:18] | It’s too late for that. | 现在说这话太晚了 |
[26:21] | Then, Louis, | 那么 路易 |
[26:23] | I would say it’s more important | 我认为你们一起做决定 |
[26:26] | that you make a decision together | 比决定的内容 |
[26:28] | than what that decision is. | 更加重要 |
[26:30] | Thanks, Stan. | 谢谢你 斯坦 |
[26:32] | You’re welcome, Louis. | 不用谢 路易 |
[26:34] | And there’s just one more small matter before we move on. | 在我们讨论别的之前还有一件小事 |
[26:38] | What’s that? | 什么事 |
[26:43] | Mazel tov, my friend. | 祝你好运 我的朋友 |
[26:44] | Mazel tov. | 祝你好运 |
[26:54] | Where have you been? | 你去哪了 |
[26:55] | I gave you a chance to calm down. | 我给你个机会冷静一下 |
[26:57] | Because, Robert, we need to talk. | 因为罗伯特 我们需要聊聊 |
[26:59] | We do. | 是的 |
[26:59] | About how we’re gonna make them pay. | 讨论一下怎么让他们付出代价 |
[27:02] | That’s the thing. | 没错 |
[27:03] | I think we should try to work this out. | 我觉得我们应该和解 |
[27:04] | Are you goddamn kidding me? | 你是在开玩笑吗 |
[27:06] | Robert, he admitted to a crime | 罗伯特 他承认自己犯了罪 |
[27:08] | to convince us he was telling us the truth. | 来让我们相信他说的是实话 |
[27:09] | Because he probably believes his own bullshit. | 因为他可能相信自己的疯话 |
[27:12] | Well, I don’t care what he believes. | 我不管他相信什么 |
[27:14] | There’s no way, if I’m white, | 如果我是白人 |
[27:15] | we’re in this situation right now. | 我们根本就不会遇到现在这种情况 |
[27:16] | I’m not gonna tell you you’re wrong. | 我没有说你错了 |
[27:19] | But you are wrong about how to handle this situation. | 但是你对这种情况的处理方式不对 |
[27:21] | What is that supposed to mean? | 什么意思 |
[27:22] | It means we take him at his word. | 我们应该相信他说的话 |
[27:24] | Okay. | 好 |
[27:26] | Let’s say that you’re right | 假设你是对的 |
[27:28] | and this is more about my money than the color of my skin. | 这更和我的钱有关 而不是我的肤色 |
[27:31] | I’m not gonna let that son of a bitch | 不管是什么原因 我不会让这个王八蛋 |
[27:33] | push me out no matter what the reason. | 就这么把我赶出去 |
[27:34] | I’ve been putting up with this shit | 我已经忍气吞声太多年了 |
[27:36] | for more years than you’ve been on this earth, | 比你出生的时间还长 |
[27:38] | and I’ve accepted that the way to deal with it | 我已经接受处理这种事的方式 |
[27:40] | is to bury a part of myself. | 就是把我自己的一部分深藏起来 |
[27:41] | Well, I don’t have to do that anymore, | 现在我再也不用这样做了 |
[27:42] | and you’re gonna do what I say. | 而且你得听我的话 |
[27:44] | No, sir, I’m not, | 不 先生 我不会听你的 |
[27:45] | because the world’s a shitty place | 因为这个世界已经够糟了 |
[27:46] | and I’m not gonna make it worse. | 我不会让它变得更糟 |
[27:47] | And I don’t give a shit if you’re my boss. | 我才不管你是不是我老板 |
[27:49] | I’m your goddamn lawyer. | 我现在是你的律师 |
[27:50] | And you’re either gonna take my advice | 你要么就接受我的建议 |
[27:52] | or you can hire someone else. | 要么就另请高明 |
[27:53] | Then call yourself a car, and get the hell out of here. | 那你立马叫车 现在就滚蛋 |
[27:55] | I’ll handle it myself. | 我会自己处理 |
[28:09] | I hope you’re here to tell me you got it done. | 我希望你来是为了告诉我事情办好了 |
[28:11] | I’m here to give you one last chance. | 我再给你最后一次机会 |
[28:13] | ‘Cause I know about the payments to Peter Minto, | 因为我知道你给彼得·明托打钱了 |
[28:15] | and so does Billows. | 毕洛斯也知道了 |
[28:19] | Shit. | 见鬼 |
[28:21] | Well, how much does he know? | 他知道多少 |
[28:21] | I’m not here about what he knows. | 我不是来讨论他知道什么 |
[28:23] | I’m here about what I don’t, because I asked you | 我要讨论的是我不知道什么 因为我问过你 |
[28:25] | if something shady is going on, you lied to my face, | 有没有猫腻 你当着我的面骗我说没有 |
[28:27] | and the only reason I haven’t dropped you yet | 而我还没跟你解约的唯一原因是 |
[28:29] | is Donna gave you her word. | 唐娜对你做出了承诺 |
[28:30] | You know what, you wouldn’t understand. | 你根本就不明白 |
[28:32] | I understand money laundering, | 我明白洗钱是怎么回事 |
[28:33] | and, knowing the kind of man you are, | 了解了你的为人之后 |
[28:35] | it’s exactly what’s going on here. | 我确信你就是在洗钱 |
[28:36] | You know, you don’t know shit about the kind of man I am. | 你根本一点都不了解我的为人 |
[28:38] | Then tell me right now. | 那你现在就告诉我 |
[28:39] | What the hell is Peter Minto giving you | 彼得·明托到底给你什么条件 |
[28:41] | in exchange for $10,000 a month? | 来交换你每月支付一万美元 |
[28:47] | It was nice representing you, David. | 能做你的律师很荣幸 大卫 |
[28:50] | It’s not what he’s giving me. | 不是他给我什么条件 |
[28:53] | It’s what he gave me. | 是他给过我什么 |
[28:55] | What does that mean? | 这话什么意思 |
[29:00] | I was 13 years old. I didn’t have any money. | 当时我13岁 身无分文 |
[29:01] | I needed a pack of cigarettes. | 我想抽烟 |
[29:03] | So I took one from Minto’s Market. | 我就从明托商场偷了一包 |
[29:06] | And then I thought, you know, while I’m at it, | 然后我一想 我来都来了 |
[29:07] | I might as well take a bunch of other shit. | 不如再顺手偷点别的东西 |
[29:08] | – He didn’t press charges. – No, he didn’t. | -他没起诉你 -他没有 |
[29:11] | But he did make me work it off. | 他让我干活偿清 |
[29:12] | Next thing I knew, he took me under his wing. | 后来我意识到他在护着我 |
[29:14] | Look, I gave him that money because if I didn’t, | 听着 我给他钱是因为如果我不给 |
[29:17] | he’d go out of business, | 他就会破产 |
[29:18] | and if I can’t get this building, | 如果我买不下这栋楼 |
[29:19] | he’s gonna go out of business anyway. | 他也会破产 |
[29:21] | Why didn’t you just tell me this in the first place? | 你为什么不一开始就告诉我这些 |
[29:23] | For the same reason I don’t want anyone to know it. | 跟我不想任何人知道这事的理由相同 |
[29:27] | All right, I need people to believe that I’m ruthless. | 我需要人们相信我是一个冷酷无情的人 |
[29:30] | Well, wouldn’t you rather have people know you’re loyal | 难道你不应该让人们知道你很忠诚 |
[29:33] | than have them think you’re an asshole? | 而不是让他们觉得你是个混蛋吗 |
[29:34] | Look, Peter Minto taught me how to do business as a gentleman, | 彼得·明托教会了我如何绅士地做生意 |
[29:36] | but there’s a reason he can’t keep his business alive and I can. | 但他濒临破产 而我越做越大是有原因的 |
[29:40] | Well… | 好吧 |
[29:41] | I can’t say I agree with you… | 我不认同你的想法 |
[29:45] | but I’ll get you your building. | 但是我会帮你拿下那栋楼 |
[29:54] | Donna. You’re up late. | 唐娜 这么晚还没睡 |
[29:56] | I’m up late because you said | 我还没睡是因为你说 |
[29:57] | this thing would be done by now, | 这事现在应该解决了 |
[29:58] | and I haven’t heard from you, | 而我还没听到你的消息 |
[30:00] | which makes me wonder… how’s it going? | 这让我想知道 进展如何 |
[30:03] | I’ll tell you how it’s going. | 我来告诉你进展如何 |
[30:04] | Instead of getting closer with Alex, | 我不仅没跟亚历克斯增进感情 |
[30:06] | I had to send him packing. | 我还让他卷铺盖走人了 |
[30:07] | What? How did that happen? | 什么 为什么会这样 |
[30:09] | It happened because I’m his client | 因为我是他的客户 |
[30:11] | and he wouldn’t listen to a word I said. | 但我说的话他一句也不听 |
[30:12] | Look, I want to say something, | 听着 我想说一件事 |
[30:14] | but I’m hesitant to say it because it’s not something | 但是我有些犹豫 因为通常情况下 |
[30:15] | I would normally say to a managing partner. | 我是不会对经营合伙人说这话的 |
[30:18] | Speak your mind. | 说出你的想法 |
[30:19] | Well, I don’t know what the issue is, but I do know | 我不知道你们发生了什么 但我知道 |
[30:22] | when a lawyer and a client have a falling out, | 每次有律师和客户闹翻的时候 |
[30:24] | more often than not, it’s because | 更通常的情况是 |
[30:26] | the client wouldn’t listen to the lawyer, | 客户不听律师的话 |
[30:27] | not the other way around. | 而不是反过来 |
[30:29] | In particular, when that lawyer | 尤其是当这名律师是 |
[30:30] | is Alex Williams. | 亚历克斯·威廉姆斯的时候 |
[30:32] | – Is that all? – That’s it. | -说完了吗 -就这些 |
[30:34] | I hope you get whatever it is taken care of, Robert. | 我希望你的事能顺利解决 罗伯特 |
[30:41] | Are you still working the Fox case? | 你还在参与福克斯的案子吗 |
[30:43] | I believe Donna told you I was, | 我相信唐娜告诉了你我还在做 |
[30:45] | and Donna’s no liar, why? | 而唐娜从不骗人 怎么了 |
[30:47] | Because I’m back in. | 我要重新接手这案子了 |
[30:49] | – What changed your mind? – Fox did. | -谁让你改变了主意 -是福克斯 |
[30:51] | Turns out those payments were because Peter Minto | 事实证明福克斯支付那些资金是因为 |
[30:54] | was Fox’s mentor. | 彼得·明托是他的导师 |
[30:56] | He wasn’t laundering anything. | 他不是在洗钱 |
[30:57] | He was trying to save that market. | 他是想拯救那家商场 |
[30:59] | So he was basically donating to Goodwill after all. | 所以其实他还真是在做慈善 |
[31:01] | I guess he was. | 看来是的 |
[31:03] | Wait a minute. | 等一下 |
[31:05] | Goodwill. | 慈善 |
[31:06] | – Public good. – What do you got? | -公益 -你想到什么了 |
[31:08] | There’s a public good requirement for any project. | 任何项目都有公益的要求 |
[31:10] | Yeah, and this one has it covered with the subsidized housing. | 没错 这个项目的公益是建房补贴 |
[31:13] | Because that way, his Chinese investors have to cover it. | 因为这样一来 就是他的中国投资商买单 |
[31:16] | How do you know that? | 你怎么知道这个 |
[31:17] | Because I got a copy of their agreement, | 因为我有他们协议的副本 |
[31:18] | and if that good is residential, they take the hit. | 如果是住房类公益 投资商要承受损失 |
[31:21] | If it’s commercial, Billows does, | 如果是贸易类公益 毕洛斯承受损失 |
[31:22] | and Minto’s Market is a commercial public good. | 而明托商场是贸易类公益 |
[31:26] | Which means all we need to do is tell those Chinese investors | 那么意味着我们只需要告诉那些中国投资商 |
[31:28] | their trusted partner’s been screwing them. | 他们信赖的合作伙伴在暗中设计他们 |
[31:30] | And Billows either loses his partners | 这样一来毕洛斯要么失去合作伙伴 |
[31:32] | or foots the bill himself. | 要么自己出钱买单 |
[31:33] | which puts him between a rock and a hard place. | 这样就会让他左右为难 |
[31:36] | And his only way out is to sell to David Fox. | 他走投无路之下只能把楼卖给大卫·福克斯 |
[31:39] | Look at that. | 你看 |
[31:41] | We make a pretty good team, don’t we? | 我们合作得多好 |
[31:43] | Maybe. | 可能吧 |
[31:44] | But the only problem is, | 但唯一的问题是 |
[31:46] | it makes this whole project a money loser for Fox. | 这样一来整个项目福克斯会亏很多钱 |
[31:49] | So what? He said he’s been subsidizing Minto anyway. | 那又如何 反正他说了他一直在补贴明托 |
[31:51] | Privately. This is in the public eye, | 那是私下说的 这是在公众视野里的 |
[31:53] | which means everyone’s gonna think | 意味着人们会觉得 |
[31:55] | he’s either soft or stupid, and I’m telling you, | 他不是软弱就是愚蠢 我跟你说 |
[31:57] | it’s that man’s worst nightmare. | 这人最怕的就是这两件事 |
[31:59] | What do you want to do? | 你想怎么做 |
[32:00] | – Can you get to the Chinese? – I can. | -你能联系上那些中国投资商吗 -可以 |
[32:04] | You handle them, and I’ll handle David Fox. | 你去搞定他们 我来搞定大卫·福克斯 |
[32:07] | Sounds like a plan. | 计划不错 |
[32:11] | Are you sure you can handle them? | 你确定你能搞定他们吗 |
[32:15] | Yeah, but can you handle them? | 好吧 但你能搞定他们吗 |
[32:27] | – What now? – I’m calling to say I’m sorry. | -又怎么了 -我打过来是想说对不起 |
[32:29] | I lost my shit. | 我失控了 |
[32:30] | Truth is, if I was in your position, | 事实是 如果我在你的位置上 |
[32:32] | I’d probably feel the same way. | 可能我和你的感受一样 |
[32:34] | Well, you’re not in my position. | 你不在我的位置上 |
[32:35] | You’re my lawyer. | 你是我的律师 |
[32:36] | And if I’m not gonna listen to you | 如果我不听你的 |
[32:37] | and go ahead and handle this thing myself… | 继续一意孤行 |
[32:39] | You’ve got a fool for a client. | 那你就是自己的傻瓜客户了 |
[32:43] | Something like that. | 差不多吧 |
[32:45] | Anyway, I think I may have a way through this. | 我想我可能有方法解决这件事 |
[32:47] | What you got? | 你有什么想法 |
[32:48] | You said that you wanted | 你说过你想 |
[32:49] | to take them at their word. | 完全相信他们 |
[32:50] | If we did that, the problem is, | 如果我们这么做 问题是 |
[32:51] | we’re dealing with a community that feels threatened. | 我们在和一个感觉受到威胁的社区打交道 |
[32:56] | So I was thinking, | 所以我在想 |
[32:58] | insurance covers my losses this year. | 保险弥补了我今年的亏损 |
[33:00] | Next year, my barrels are free, | 明年 我的酒桶免费 |
[33:02] | and then I can build a community tasting room | 然后我可以建立一个社区品酒室 |
[33:04] | that we all can share. | 我们所有人可以一起分享 |
[33:06] | That’s very generous of you, Robert. | 你真慷慨 罗伯特 |
[33:07] | Mind if I ask you what brought you around? | 介意我问下是什么说服了你吗 |
[33:09] | Two things. A conversation with a friend. | 两件事 和一个朋友的谈话 |
[33:12] | And? | 还有呢 |
[33:14] | Where I grew up, community was everything. | 我成长的地方 社区就是一切 |
[33:18] | We were tight and close, | 我们关系紧密 |
[33:20] | mistrusting of outsiders, and… | 不信任外人 |
[33:24] | if someone had come in and done what I did to them… | 如果有人闯入 做了我对他们做的事 |
[33:29] | The community wouldn’t have taken too kindly to it, | 社区不会容忍的 |
[33:31] | no matter what the color of their skin. | 不论他们是什么肤色 |
[33:35] | So I thought maybe we’re not so different after all. | 所以我想也许我们终究还是没有太大的分别 |
[33:38] | Copy that. | 明白了 |
[33:39] | So you’re gonna propose all of that to them tomorrow. | 所以你明天要向他们提议这些事 |
[33:42] | Robert, I think if you’re gonna | 罗伯特 我认为如果你将成为 |
[33:43] | be a part of this community, | 这个社区的一份子 |
[33:45] | we ought to propose it to them together. | 我们应该一起向他们提议 |
[33:47] | So get your ass back up here then. | 那你快给我回来 |
[33:49] | And Alex… don’t ever call me a fool again. | 还有亚历克斯 不许再叫我傻瓜 |
[34:00] | Welcome home, Louis. | 欢迎回家 路易 |
[34:03] | Is that… | 那个是 |
[34:05] | Yes, it is. | 没错 |
[34:07] | Your mother’s kugel. | 你妈妈的烤布丁 |
[34:09] | How did you… | 你怎么 |
[34:10] | – Your sister called. – Don’t tell me. | -你妹妹打来了 -我猜猜 |
[34:13] | She tried to convince you to see it my way. | 她想说服你 以我的方式看待问题 |
[34:14] | No, Louis, she called to tell me, | 不是的 路易 她打过来跟我说 |
[34:16] | whatever happens, | 无论发生了什么 |
[34:17] | she loves me | 她爱我 |
[34:18] | and wants to welcome me to the family. | 她想欢迎我来这个家庭 |
[34:21] | So why the kugel? | 所以烤布丁是为什么 |
[34:22] | Because my sister never would have done that for me. | 因为我妹妹永远不会为我做这个 |
[34:24] | Louis, I may not be ready to make this decision right now, | 路易 也许现在我还没准备好做这个决定 |
[34:27] | but what we were really struggling with | 但是我们所挣扎的是 |
[34:30] | was how to blend our identities. | 如何去融合我们的身份 |
[34:33] | So I thought, what better way to do that | 所以我想 解决问题不如就从 |
[34:35] | than by starting with kugel? | 做烤布丁开始吧 |
[34:38] | Well, if we’re gonna be doing that, | 如果我们要这么做 |
[34:41] | I don’t see why we can’t also have | 我不明白为什么今年我们不能 |
[34:42] | a Christmas tree this year. | 有个圣诞树呢 |
[34:44] | – You’d be open to that? – Yes, I would. | -你愿意接受圣诞树 -是的 |
[34:48] | Because I saw Dr. Lipschitz today. | 因为我今天去见了利普希茨医生 |
[34:49] | Sheila, he reminded me | 希拉 他提醒了我 |
[34:51] | that the foundation of everything is family. | 家庭是一切的基础 |
[34:57] | So I’ve been thinking… | 所以我在想 |
[34:58] | Stop right there. I’ve been thinking too. | 停住别说了 我也在想 |
[35:01] | You asked me last time. | 你上次问了我 |
[35:04] | I’d like to ask you this time. | 这一次换我问你 |
[35:11] | Louis Marlowe Litt… | 路易·马洛·利特 |
[35:14] | Will you marry me? | 你愿意娶我吗 |
[35:16] | Yes, Sheila, I will. | 是的 希拉 我愿意 |
[35:31] | Morning. | 早安 |
[35:32] | I was just thinking about our wedding. | 我刚刚还在想我们的婚礼 |
[35:34] | Louis… | 路易 |
[35:35] | I was thinking maybe we can make it a destination. | 我想也许我们可以把它变成一个终点 |
[35:38] | I don’t want to talk about our wedding right now. | 现在我不想谈我们的婚礼 |
[35:40] | Why not? | 为什么 |
[35:41] | I got my period. I’m not pregnant. | 我例假来了 我没有怀孕 |
[35:43] | – But the test said that you– – It was a false positive. | -但是那个测试说你 -那个是假阳性 |
[35:54] | You know what this is? | 你知道这是什么吗 |
[35:56] | It’s just a bump in the road. | 这只是成功路上的一个绊脚石 |
[35:58] | That’s all this is. | 仅此而已 |
[35:59] | Just a pause. | 稍作停顿罢了 |
[36:02] | And sweetie, there’s a bright side. | 宝贝 还有积极的一面 |
[36:04] | Because it gave us a chance | 因为它给了我们一个机会 |
[36:04] | to have really tough conversations. | 去进行非常艰难的交流 |
[36:07] | And that way, when we do get pregnant, | 从这方面来说 当我们真的有了孩子 |
[36:10] | and we will get pregnant, | 我们会有的 |
[36:13] | we’ll be ready in a way that we weren’t ready before. | 我们不会再像从前一样手足无措 |
[36:23] | Are you okay? | 你还好吗 |
[36:25] | I will be. | 我会好起来的 |
[36:28] | Please tell me you didn’t tell anyone other than Esther. | 拜托告诉我你没和艾斯特以外的人说这事 |
[36:32] | I told Gretchen. | 我和格蕾琴说了 |
[36:33] | You need to untell her that. | 你得去告诉她我没怀 |
[36:43] | Hello, Robert. | 你好 罗伯特 |
[36:45] | I assume you’re calling me with good news. | 我想你打给我是有好消息要告诉我 |
[36:47] | How do you know that? | 你怎么知道的 |
[36:48] | Don’t you know by now I have a sense for these things? | 你不知道我对这种事有直觉吗 |
[36:50] | I just wanted to call and say thank you, Donna. | 我只是想打来说谢谢 唐娜 |
[36:52] | We worked it out. | 我们解决了 |
[36:54] | You and Alex? | 你和亚历克斯 |
[36:55] | Me, Alex, everybody up here. | 我 亚历克斯 这儿的所有人 |
[36:58] | And it wouldn’t have happened | 如果没有你提醒我 |
[37:00] | without you calling me on my shit. | 这一切是不会发生的 |
[37:02] | You know how they say doctors make the worst patients? | 你知道他们怎么说医生是最坏的病人的吗 |
[37:04] | Same goes for lawyers? | 律师也是一样的情况吗 |
[37:05] | No. Lawyers are much worse. | 不 律师更糟糕 |
[37:08] | I guess they are. | 我想他们是的 |
[37:09] | Which is why I’m glad I have someone like you. | 这就是为什么我庆幸自己有你这样的朋友 |
[37:11] | Wow… calling to thank me, | 打来感谢我 |
[37:13] | valuing my leadership, and giving me | 重视我的领导地位 给我一个 |
[37:16] | an endearing nickname– Robert, if we’re not careful, | 讨人喜欢的绰号 罗伯特 要是不小心 |
[37:19] | we could become full-blown friends. | 我们可能就成好朋友了 |
[37:22] | Oh, that’s a chance I’m willing to take. | 这个险我愿意冒 |
[37:25] | See you soon, Pops. | 回见 伙计 |
[37:26] | Right back at you, Red. | 彼此彼此 红发妞 |
[37:40] | Let me get this straight, you’re telling me | 我理一下 你是在告诉我 |
[37:41] | you can get me the building, | 你可以帮我把大楼弄到手 |
[37:43] | but it’s gonna cost me more to keep Peter in business | 但是让彼得的商场继续运营 |
[37:45] | than I was paying in the first place? | 会让我比之前要付的还要多 |
[37:46] | And on top of that, | 而且 |
[37:47] | the whole world’s gonna know about it, | 全世界还都会知道 |
[37:48] | because Billows is gonna make sure they know it. | 因为毕洛斯一定会说出去 |
[37:50] | Are you trying to stick it to me even more? | 你是在变本加厉地和我作对吗 |
[37:52] | I want you to know the cost of this thing | 我是想让你在作出决定前 |
[37:54] | before you make a decision. | 清楚你要付的代价 |
[37:55] | This is bullshit. | 这简直扯淡 |
[37:56] | – David. – God damn it. | -大卫 -该死的 |
[37:57] | You could have done better. | 你本可以做到更好的 |
[37:58] | And you could’ve told me the full fucking story | 你本可以在一开始就把事情都告诉我 |
[38:00] | before I only had two days to stop it. | 不至于让我只有两天来解决问题 |
[38:03] | So either I look like a sucker | 所以要么我丢人 |
[38:06] | or I let the guy who gave me my start go out of business. | 要么我让那个帮我起步的人破产 |
[38:09] | Helping Peter Minto stay in business | 帮彼得·明托一把 不让他破产 |
[38:12] | doesn’t make you a sucker. | 不丢人 |
[38:13] | It does to the world. | 世人会觉得丢人 |
[38:17] | David, the deal is what it is. | 大卫 条件就是如此 |
[38:20] | If I could make it any better, I would, but I can’t. | 如果我能做得更好 我会的 但我尽力了 |
[38:28] | What would you do? | 那你会怎么做 |
[38:29] | As your lawyer, I’d tell you | 作为你的律师 我会说 |
[38:30] | get your emotions in check. | 理智点 |
[38:33] | It’s a shitty deal and a stupid move. | 条件很烂 这一着棋走得也很蠢 |
[38:36] | But if I were in your shoes, I’d take it. | 但如果是我 我就接受 |
[38:42] | Take it. | 接受吧 |
[38:45] | You know, I never thought I’d be saying this, | 我从未想到我会这么说 |
[38:47] | but… you earned my respect. | 但是 我敬你是条汉子 |
[38:58] | Well, don’t you look like the cat that ate the canary. | 你看起来像是刚吃了只金丝雀的小馋猫 |
[38:59] | I do. And that canary’s name is Robert Zane. | 没错 那金丝雀名叫罗伯特·赞恩 |
[39:03] | Let me guess. | 我猜猜 |
[39:03] | He called you and started unleashing compliments | 他打电话来 开始使劲夸你 |
[39:05] | like you were his family. | 仿佛你就是他家人 |
[39:07] | How’d you know? | 你怎么知道 |
[39:08] | He gets like that sometimes. | 他有时候就那样 |
[39:10] | Well, I was thinking that I wanted | 我本来想 |
[39:11] | to treat him like family right back, | 我也该把他当家人一样 |
[39:13] | and maybe you could give me some advice | 也许你可以给我些意见 |
[39:15] | on getting him a gift. | 看看给他送什么礼物 |
[39:16] | Oh, no, Donna. You don’t want to do that. | 不 唐娜 别送礼物 |
[39:18] | What? Why not? | 怎么 为什么 |
[39:20] | He’s a terrible gift receiver. | 他最不会接受礼物了 |
[39:22] | You’re kidding. | 不会吧 |
[39:23] | I once gave him vintage copies | 我曾在他生日时 送过他典藏版的 |
[39:25] | of “Inherit the Wind,” “To Kill a Mockingbird,” | 《风的传人》《杀死一只知更鸟》 |
[39:27] | and “Twelve Angry Men” for his birthday. | 和《十二怒汉》 作为生日礼物 |
[39:29] | The next year, I found them in his drawer | 第二年 我在他抽屉发现了它们 |
[39:31] | with the bow still tied on. | 连包装都没拆 |
[39:33] | He’s a lawyer. They’re books about the law. | 他是律师 那些书就是讲法律的 |
[39:36] | – Did you say something? – No. | -你说什么了吗 -没有 |
[39:37] | I just took them back. He didn’t even notice. | 我拿回来了 他都没发现 |
[39:38] | I’m gonna regift it to him when he retires. | 我打算等他退休的时候再送给他一次 |
[39:42] | What? | 怎么 |
[39:43] | Harvey’s the opposite. | 哈维跟他正相反 |
[39:44] | – Great gift receiver. – Awful gift giver. | -很会接受礼物 -很不会送礼物 |
[39:47] | Heart’s in the right place, but two weeks in, | 他的心是好的 但是两周后 |
[39:48] | I realized if I ever really wanted | 我就发现如果我 |
[39:50] | to enjoy my birthday present, | 还想要个好生日礼物 |
[39:51] | I was gonna have to buy it myself. | 就只能自己买了 |
[39:53] | Do you still? | 现在还买吗 |
[39:54] | Got these for the last one. | 上次生日才买的 |
[39:56] | 32, if you’re wondering. | 32岁 如果你想知道的话 |
[39:58] | Speak of the devil. | 说曹操曹操到 |
[40:00] | Look who’s walking in empty-handed. | 看看谁空手进来了 |
[40:02] | – What are you talking about? – Nothing, Harvey. | -说什么呢 -没什么 哈维 |
[40:05] | Well, as long as you’re both here, | 既然你们俩都在 |
[40:09] | you weren’t just right about Fox. | 你不光没看错福克斯这个人 |
[40:11] | You were right about taking him on in the first place, | 关于一开始和他开战的事 你也是对的 |
[40:13] | and you were also right about getting her to help me. | 找她来帮我也同样是个正确决定 |
[40:17] | If I didn’t know any better, Donna, | 要不是我了解他 唐娜 |
[40:18] | I’d say he’s apologizing to you. | 我会以为他在向你道歉了 |
[40:20] | That’s funny, I was thinking he was apologizing to you. | 有趣 我以为他在向你道歉呢 |
[40:22] | Well, I can understand why we’re both confused. | 这下我理解我们为什么都困惑了 |
[40:25] | It’s a pretty weak apology. | 因为这个道歉太无力了 |
[40:26] | He didn’t even use the word “Sorry.” | 他连一句”对不起”都没说 |
[40:27] | I don’t even think he knows the word “Sorry.” | 我觉得他都不知道有”对不起”这个词 |
[40:29] | – Are you two finished? – We’re just getting started. | -你俩说完了吗 -才开始呢 |
[40:30] | Take a chair, Harvey. | 搬个凳子 哈维 |
[40:31] | And pour us a couple of drinks while you’re at it. | 顺便给我们倒几杯酒 |
[40:34] | If I’d known this was gonna happen, | 要是我知道会这样 |
[40:36] | I wouldn’t have said anything, much less “I’m sorry.” | 我就什么都不说 更别提说对不起了 |
[40:38] | Look at that. He does know the word. | 瞧瞧 他还是知道有这个词的 |
[40:41] | Yeah, just not how to use it. | 只是不会用而已 |
[40:48] | Louis, where have you been all day? | 路易 你这一天跑哪去了 |
[40:54] | I needed to spend some time with Sheila. | 我得花点时间陪陪希拉 |
[40:56] | Well, I’ve got good news. | 我有好消息 |
[40:58] | I found a midwife class for you. | 我给你找到了一个接生员培训班 |
[41:00] | Turns out, you’re not the only mid-aged white man | 原来你不是唯一一个想当 |
[41:02] | that wants to be Dr. Quinn, Medicine Woman. | 《女医生》的中年白人 |
[41:05] | That’s great. | 真好 |
[41:07] | But I’m gonna need you to cancel it. | 但我需要你取消 |
[41:10] | Louis, what’s wrong? | 路易 怎么了 |
[41:14] | It was a false positive. | 是假阳性 |
[41:17] | We’re not gonna have a baby. | 我们还没有孩子 |
[41:18] | I’m so sorry. | 我很抱歉 |
[41:20] | But that doesn’t mean that she– | 但这并不代表… |
[41:21] | I know that, Gretchen. | 我知道 格蕾琴 |
[41:22] | I just need a little time to myself. | 我只是需要单独待一会儿 |
[41:24] | Of course. | 当然了 |
[41:27] | You don’t have to be strong for me, Louis. | 你不用在我面前故作坚强 |