时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:02] | Gordon doesn’t want to take over. | 戈登不是真的想掌权 |
[00:03] | He just wants to orchestrate a deal where his guys come back; | 他只是想安排一个交易 让他的人回来 |
[00:06] | they vote to merge with Zane, | 让他们投票同意我们和赞恩合并 |
[00:07] | and we cease to exist. | 我们就不存在了 |
[00:08] | I just found out that my two partners, | 我刚发现我的两个合伙人 |
[00:10] | Eric Kaldor and Ellen Rand, | 艾瑞克·考德和艾伦·兰德 |
[00:12] | were willing to stab me in the back. | 居然背后捅我刀子 |
[00:14] | We don’t need the sex phone anymore, | 我们不再需要性爱手机了 |
[00:16] | because you hit the bull’s-eye. | 因为你正中靶心 |
[00:18] | Oh, my God. My boys can swim! | 天啊 我的精子没问题 |
[00:20] | I’ve got a legal situation, and it’s personal. | 我遇到了法律问题 是个人私事 |
[00:22] | Which means you need me to send one of ours your way. | 也就是说你想让我派一个我们的律师过去 |
[00:24] | I was thinking Alex Williams. | 我想让亚历克斯·威廉姆斯来 |
[00:25] | I’m guessing firm harmony is why | 我猜你选亚历克斯而不是萨曼莎 |
[00:27] | you want Alex and not Samantha. | 是出于律所和谐的原因 |
[00:28] | That, and a little of the nature of the case. | 有这方面的考虑 也是因为和案子情况有关 |
[00:30] | I got my period. I’m not pregnant. | 我例假来了 我没有怀孕 |
[00:32] | – But the test said– – It was a false positive. | -但那个测试说… -那个是假阳性 |
[00:35] | I’m so sorry. | 对不起 |
[00:41] | Samantha Wheeler. | 萨曼莎·惠勒 |
[00:43] | Normally I’m happy to see a former colleague, | 通常情况下我很乐意见到一位前同事 |
[00:45] | just not one that walked out the door with half our business. | 只要不是带着我们一半业务跑路的那位 |
[00:48] | Then you’re really gonna hate it | 那你接下来肯定会更不爽 |
[00:50] | when I attack what little business you have left. | 因为我要对你们仅剩的那点业务下手 |
[00:57] | – You’re suing Grayscale. – I’m not. | -你要起诉灰度 -不是我 |
[00:59] | – The federal government is. – Bullshit. | -是联邦政府 -扯淡 |
[01:01] | You don’t represent the federal government. | 你又不是联邦政府的代理律师 |
[01:02] | According to the False Claims Act, | 根据《虚假申报法案》 |
[01:04] | if a company defrauds the United States, | 如果一家公司欺骗了国家 |
[01:06] | any attorney can sue to reclaim those damages. | 任何一位律师都能起诉以挽回损害 |
[01:08] | You can spout any act you want, | 随你怎么扯那些法案 |
[01:10] | there’s no way you give a shit about the U.S. Government. | 你才不在乎什么美国政府 |
[01:12] | You’re right–I don’t– but what I do care about | 没错 我确实不在乎 但我在乎的是 |
[01:14] | is Grayscale Defense coming over to us | 灰度像他们一开始所希望的那样 |
[01:15] | like they wanted to in the first place. | 由我们代理辩护 |
[01:17] | They never wanted to go anywhere with you. | 他们才不想跟你们走呢 |
[01:18] | Then why are you holding them to their five-year agreement? | 那你为什么要用五年协议绑着他们 |
[01:21] | And before you answer, we both know, | 你不用回答 我俩都心知肚明 |
[01:22] | it’s because if you let them go, they’d leave. | 这是因为如果你放手的话 他们会走的 |
[01:25] | Well, they might have, but now that you’re suing them, | 也许吧 但如今你在起诉他们 |
[01:27] | you just tipped the Grayscales my way. | 正好把灰度推向了我这边 |
[01:30] | I forgot you and your puns. | 我都忘了你爱说俏皮话了 |
[01:33] | Well, I don’t have to pretend they’re charming, anymore. | 如今我不再需要假装它们很有趣了 |
[01:36] | So this is how it’s gonna go. | 所以事情接下来会这样进展 |
[01:39] | I’m gonna get you in a bear hug, | 我会把你逼的走投无路 |
[01:41] | and your only way out is gonna be to let them come to us. | 你唯一的出路就是放他们来我们这边 |
[01:43] | So you can do it now or you can do it later, | 你可以现在就放手 也可以之后再放 |
[01:46] | but trust me: | 但相信我 |
[01:47] | it’s gonna happen. | 这事迟早会发生 |
[01:49] | Thank you for stopping by, Samantha. | 谢谢你的到访 萨曼莎 |
[01:51] | I’d forgotten how much nicer it is here since you’ve been gone. | 我都忘了自从你走后 这里变和谐了多少 |
[01:59] | Louis, what are you still doing here? | 路易 你还在这里干什么呢 |
[02:01] | I took the day off. | 我请了一天假 |
[02:02] | And I called your office… | 然后我还给你办公室打了电话… |
[02:05] | you’re taking the day off too. | 也帮你请了一天假 |
[02:07] | – But… – No “Buts.” | -但是… -没有”但是” |
[02:07] | Sheila, I am taking you to the happiest place on Earth. | 希拉 我要带你去世界上最快乐的地方 |
[02:10] | Louis, as much as I love Colonial Williamsburg, | 路易 尽管我很爱威廉斯堡殖民地 |
[02:15] | I can’t today. | 但今天不行 |
[02:16] | But our costumes are already in the car. | 但我们的戏服都已经搬到车上了 |
[02:17] | I appreciate that, Louis, | 谢谢你 路易 |
[02:19] | and it’s sweet you want to distract me from… what happened, | 你想分散我的注意力这点真的很贴心 |
[02:24] | but I was already planning on taking today off anyway. | 但我今天本来就打算请假的 |
[02:28] | – You were? – Yeah. | -是吗 -嗯 |
[02:30] | Louis… | 路易… |
[02:31] | we had a false positive, and if we want a real positive, | 之前那个是假阳性 如果我们想要真阳性 |
[02:34] | we have to stop leaving things to chance. | 我们就不能继续碰运气了 |
[02:37] | So I made an appointment | 所以我预约了 |
[02:39] | with the top fertility specialist in the country. | 国内最好的生育专家 |
[02:42] | You really think we need a specialist? | 你真的觉得我们需要专家吗 |
[02:44] | I think these things can take time, | 我觉得这些事情都是需要时间的 |
[02:46] | so the sooner we get some help, | 所以我们越早得到帮助 |
[02:48] | the sooner we can hold that baby in our arms. | 就能越早抱上孩子 |
[02:50] | Well, then what are we waiting for? Let’s go. | 那我们还等什么呢 走吧 |
[02:51] | Louis, you don’t have to come. | 路易 你不用陪我去 |
[02:52] | Sheila, listen to me. | 希拉 听我说 |
[02:54] | This is as important to me as it is to you, | 这事对我而言也一样重要 |
[02:57] | and there is nothing on this Earth | 而且这个世上 |
[02:59] | that’s gonna stop me from being by your side. | 没有什么能阻止我陪在你身边 |
[03:06] | Samantha, can I talk to you for a second? | 萨曼莎 我能和你聊聊吗 |
[03:08] | To tell you the truth, I’m a little busy right now. | 说实话 我现在有点忙 |
[03:09] | What you mean is, you’re a little busy leveraging Eric Kaldor | 你的意思是 你正忙着逼迫艾瑞克·考德 |
[03:13] | into giving us one of his clients. | 让他把他的一个客户给我们 |
[03:14] | Yeah, that’s what I said. | 没错 我就是这个意思 |
[03:16] | You think this is funny? | 你觉得这样很有意思吗 |
[03:17] | What I think is Robert has been going through something, | 我只觉得如今罗伯特遭遇了一些事情 |
[03:19] | and I want to get him a little present for when he gets back. | 而我希望在他回来时给他一份礼物 |
[03:22] | In other words, you heard Robert and Alex bonded | 换句话说 你听说罗伯特和亚历克斯 |
[03:25] | over whatever he’s been going through. | 因为某事产生了亲密联系 |
[03:26] | You feel your chair at the table is moving down, | 你觉得自己的地位正在下降 |
[03:29] | and you’re trying to move it back up. | 所以你想重夺地位 |
[03:30] | So what if I am? | 是又如何 |
[03:31] | Then the present you get him better be that client, | 那你给他的礼物最好是那个客户 |
[03:34] | because I shouldn’t have to tell you, | 因为你自己也清楚 |
[03:35] | Eric Kaldor is no lightweight. | 艾瑞克·考德并非等闲之辈 |
[03:36] | And last I checked, the cases I take aren’t your concern. | 我没记错的话 我接什么案子不关你的事 |
[03:39] | They are if there’s a possibility | 如果案子有可能影响律所战绩 |
[03:41] | they could affect this firm’s record, | 我就不能袖手旁观了 |
[03:43] | so if you take this guy on, you better win. | 所以如果你跟他开战 你最好能赢 |
[03:45] | And that won’t be a problem | 这不成问题 |
[03:46] | because I know how Kaldor thinks. | 因为我清楚考德的想法 |
[03:48] | I’m sure you do, but in this instance, | 我相信你 但现在 |
[03:50] | you picked a fight with the one person | 你是在向一个 |
[03:52] | who wants to beat you more than you want to beat him. | 求胜心胜于你的人发起挑战 |
[03:54] | And I already picked this fight, | 战书我已经下了 |
[03:55] | and I’m not backing down now, | 我现在可不会退缩 |
[03:56] | so unless you want to give me a direct order | 所以除非你想直接命令我 |
[03:57] | that I wouldn’t follow anyway, | 虽然我也不会听你的 |
[03:59] | I suggest you get out of my way, ’cause I got a case to win. | 我建议你别挡我的路 因为我还有案子要赢 |
[04:07] | * See the money, wanna stay for your meal * | *看到钱 就愿意留下吃饭* |
[04:11] | * Get another piece of pie for your wife * | *给你太太再拿块馅饼* |
[04:14] | * Everybody wanna know how it feel * | *所有人都想知道那感觉* |
[04:17] | * Everybody wanna see what it’s like * | *所有人都想见见那景象* |
[04:21] | * I’ll even eat a bean pie, I don’t mind * | *豆子馅饼我也愿吃 我不在乎* |
[04:24] | * Me and Missy is so busy, busy making money * | *我和妹子忙着赚钱* |
[04:28] | * All right * | *好了* |
[04:29] | * All step back, I’m ’bout to dance * | *退开点 我要跳舞* |
[04:35] | * The greenback boogie * | *美钞爵士摇摇摇* |
[04:39] | 路易·利特 资深合伙人 | |
[04:44] | There you are. | 总算来了 |
[04:45] | Gretchen, where the hell is Louis? | 格蕾琴 路易到底跑哪去了 |
[04:47] | You wanna try that again with some civility? | 你可以试试见面先客套些 |
[04:50] | – Some what, now? – How about, | -客套什么 -比如说 |
[04:51] | “Good morning, Gretchen, you look lovely today. | “早上好 格蕾琴 你今天看上去真棒” |
[04:53] | – I bought you this fine latte.” – You’re right. | -“我给你带了杯拿铁” -你说得对 |
[04:56] | I’m coming up against a deadline, | 就算我已经火烧眉毛了 |
[04:57] | but that’s no excuse to be rude. | 但也不能因此丢了礼貌 |
[04:59] | Good morning, Gretchen. | 早上好 格蕾琴 |
[05:00] | Don’t you look lovely today? | 你今天看起来真棒 |
[05:01] | Now, didn’t that feel better? | 现在 感觉是不是好多了 |
[05:03] | Actually, it did, and it’ll feel even more better | 确实如此 如果你能告诉我路易在哪儿 |
[05:05] | when you tell me where Louis is. | 我感觉会更好一些 |
[05:07] | I’m not so sure it will. | 我不太确定我说了之后你会更好受 |
[05:09] | – Louis is gone for the day. – Shit. | -路易今天请假 -该死 |
[05:11] | What’s the problem? | 发生了什么 |
[05:12] | White Mountain Water’s putting together | 白山水业正在考虑一个 |
[05:13] | a national distribution deal, | 在全国经销的协议 |
[05:14] | and to close, we have to agree | 为了结此事 我们须同意 |
[05:15] | not to rep any competing distributors for a year. | 一年内不能代理任何竞争对手经销商 |
[05:17] | And you need Louis’ approval for a commitment like that. | 你需要路易批准才能承诺此事 |
[05:20] | He already agreed to it. | 他已经同意了 |
[05:21] | I just need his signature, | 我只是需要他的签字 |
[05:22] | but I need it by the end of the day, | 但我今天下班前就要 |
[05:23] | or the whole deal could fall apart. | 否则协议就没法达成了 |
[05:25] | Now it’s my turn to say, “Shit.” | 现在轮到我说”该死”了 |
[05:27] | Gretchen, I need that signature. | 格蕾琴 我需要他的签字 |
[05:28] | And you will get it. | 你会拿到的 |
[05:29] | I’m saying “Shit” ’cause I know where I have to go. | 我说”该死”是因为我知道我要去哪儿找他 |
[05:31] | Gretchen… | 格蕾琴… |
[05:32] | Alex, just give me the document. | 亚历克斯 把文件交给我吧 |
[05:34] | Tell me where you need me to send it. | 告诉我文件要送到哪儿 |
[05:35] | I give you my word, it’ll get there. | 我保证送到 |
[05:42] | Cucumber or eucalyptus? | 黄瓜水还是桉树叶水 |
[05:44] | – They have both? – They have everything. | -两个都有吗 -这里一应俱全 |
[05:46] | Did you see the waiting room? Leather seats, | 你看到等候室了吗 真皮座椅 |
[05:48] | soothing lighting… | 柔和灯光 |
[05:49] | I haven’t met the guy but I love him already. | 我还没见到这家伙就已经喜欢上他了 |
[05:50] | Ms. Sazs, Mr. Litt. | 赛斯女士 利特先生 |
[05:52] | Dr. McManus. | 麦克玛纳斯医生 |
[05:54] | Thank you so much for seeing us on such short notice. | 感谢你能临时安排和我们见面 |
[05:56] | Oh, please, no “Doctor” necessary. | 不用喊我”医生” |
[05:57] | I’m Charles, but everybody calls me… | 我叫查尔斯 但是大家都叫我… |
[05:59] | Chaz. | 查斯 |
[06:01] | – Chaz McManus. – That’s right. | -查斯·麦克玛纳斯 -没错 |
[06:03] | Usually people guess “Chuck.” | 通常人们会猜”查克” |
[06:05] | Now, I have your files, | 我拿到你的病历表了 |
[06:05] | but I prefer to establish a baseline health myself. | 但我更想亲做个健康状况的初步评测 |
[06:08] | – Is that okay? – Of course. | -这样可以吗 -当然可以 |
[06:10] | Uh, what do you need me to do? | 你需要我怎么做 |
[06:10] | So we’ll start with some blood samples– | 首先需要抽取一些血样 |
[06:12] | just head down that hall, | 沿着走廊到头就行 |
[06:13] | the nurse will show you the way–and when you’re back, | 护士会指路给你 等你回来 |
[06:15] | we can discuss everything the two of you | 我们再来讨论你们 |
[06:17] | – would like to accomplish. – Okay. | -想要做的事 -好的 |
[06:20] | I’ll see you in a bit. | 待会儿见 |
[06:23] | I’m sorry, do you not… | 抱歉 你是不是 |
[06:25] | remember me? | 不记得我了 |
[06:27] | – I, uh… – Louis Litt. | -我 -我是路易·利特 |
[06:29] | Scarsdale High, class of ’88. | 斯卡斯代尔高中 88级的 |
[06:32] | I’m sorry, I don’t remember you, Louis. | 抱歉 我真的不记得你了 路易 |
[06:34] | You know, I never really felt like | 我从没真正 |
[06:35] | I fit in much during high school. | 在高中有过归属感 |
[06:36] | I don’t really think about those days. | 我不太会去想那些日子 |
[06:38] | But I also know I wasn’t the nicest kid back then, | 但我也清楚 那时候我并不是个好孩子 |
[06:41] | so if there’s any bad blood between us, | 因此如果我俩在那会儿有任何嫌隙 |
[06:43] | I hope there’s no hard feelings. | 希望你别往心里去 |
[06:49] | So there she was, feet in the stirrups. | 她就那样 脚踩着马镫 |
[06:52] | Louis is looking, both of them in hospital gowns… | 路易在照顾她 俩人都穿着病号服 |
[06:55] | Wait, why was Louis in a gown? | 等下 为什么路易也穿着病号服 |
[06:56] | He didn’t want her to feel self-conscious. | 他不想让她因为穿病号服而感到难堪 |
[06:58] | Oh, that’s actually kind of sweet. | 那他还挺暖的 |
[06:59] | You only get to say that because you weren’t there, | 你是没在现场才能说出这话 |
[07:02] | and I shouldn’t have to remind you, | 我本来不应该告诉你的 |
[07:03] | those gowns don’t close in the behind… | 但那病号服背后是没系上的 |
[07:06] | So between Louis and Sheila, | 所以在路易和希拉之间 |
[07:08] | I had to walk that document in like this. | 我都是这么走进去递文件的 |
[07:11] | Come on. | 行了行了 |
[07:12] | Was she really in the stirrups? | 她真的踩马镫了吗 |
[07:13] | I caught them before they went in the building, | 其实在他们进大楼之前我就碰上他们了 |
[07:15] | but there was a movie that was playing in my head, | 但那会儿我脑子里一直在放一部电影 |
[07:18] | so as far as I’m concerned, it’s just as bad. | 所以我只能说 真实情况也没好到哪儿去 |
[07:20] | Well, the important thing is Alex got his signature | 不管怎么说 重要的是亚历克斯拿到了签名 |
[07:23] | and the score remains | 比分仍然停留在 |
[07:25] | Gretchen, 1,000,973; world, zero. | 格蕾琴领先全世界一百万分 |
[07:29] | Damn right. | 太对了 |
[07:30] | Good luck with your stack, Red. | 祝你办事顺利 红发妞 |
[07:32] | You too, Gretchen. | 你也是 格蕾琴 |
[07:34] | Oh, and whatever you do, | 对了 不管你做什么 |
[07:37] | try not to buy another ticket to that movie. | 都别再去看那场电影了 |
[07:42] | She just had to say that. | 她这句话就非说不可 |
[07:46] | Mr. Kaldor. | 考德先生 |
[07:47] | This trial is not scheduled for another two weeks, | 距离开庭还有两周时间 |
[07:50] | so you’d better have a good reason for calling us here. | 你把我们叫来 最好是有个好理由 |
[07:52] | I do, Your Honor. I would like you | 我的确有 法官大人 我希望您 |
[07:53] | to remove Ms. Wheeler from this case. | 能够撤销惠勒小姐的出庭资格 |
[07:55] | – On what grounds? – On the grounds that you were | -什么理由 -理由就是 你曾经是 |
[07:58] | an attorney of record for my client. | 我客户的正式出庭律师 |
[07:59] | – Is that true, Ms. Wheeler? – Absolutely not. | -这是真的吗 惠勒小姐 -坚决否认 |
[08:01] | I never worked on their case. | 我从没参与过他们的案子 |
[08:03] | Well, according to this billing sheet, | 从这张请歀单看来 |
[08:04] | You absolutely did. | 你绝对有参与其中 |
[08:08] | This was seven years ago for two hours. | 那只是七年前的两小时而已 |
[08:11] | Your Honor, I was an associate. | 法官大人 那时我还是个助理律师 |
[08:13] | Someone must have told me to | 一定是有人让我去 |
[08:13] | run some copies and bill it to them. | 复印了些文件 然后把账算在他们头上了 |
[08:15] | A minute ago you had never worked for them at all, | 一分钟之前你还说从没为他们工作过 |
[08:17] | and now it’s just running copies? | 现在又说给他们复印东西了 |
[08:18] | – Your Honor… – This is your billing sheet, isn’t it? | -法官大人 -这是你的请款单没错吧 |
[08:21] | I mean, this is your signature, isn’t it? | 这也是你的签名 没问题吧 |
[08:23] | Yes, but even if I technically worked for Grayscale, | 是的 但就算我真的为灰度工作过 |
[08:26] | I never had access to privileged information. | 我也从未得知过保密信息 |
[08:29] | And unless you’re lying about your billables– | 除非你在账单的问题上撒了谎 |
[08:31] | a disbarrable offense, by the way– | 顺便提一句 这可是能吊销执照的 |
[08:32] | then technically or not you’re bound by privilege. | 那么不管怎么说你都是受保密条例约束的 |
[08:35] | And, Your Honor, she’s prohibited | 综上 法官大人 她应当被禁止 |
[08:36] | from bringing a suit against an old client. | 向曾经的客户提起诉讼 |
[08:40] | I’m afraid he’s right, Ms. Wheeler, | 我想他说的对 惠勒小姐 |
[08:42] | so unless there’s someone else from your firm | 因此除非在贵律所存在 |
[08:44] | not bound by privilege, this case is dismissed. | 不受保密条例约束的律师 否则该案撤销 |
[08:51] | Louis, you little piece of shit. | 路易 你这个狗东西 |
[08:53] | You ratted me out for cheating in bio? | 你竟然打小报告说我生物考试作弊 |
[08:55] | You’re right, I did. | 没错 我打了 |
[08:56] | Because it isn’t fair what you did, | 因为你做的事不地道 |
[08:57] | and Mr. O’Connor grades on a curve. | 而且欧康纳先生按照曲线打分的 |
[08:59] | That sounded like talk-back. | 你小子敢顶嘴 |
[09:00] | Now, because of you, O’Connor gave me an “F,” | 全因为你 现在欧康纳给我打了个F |
[09:03] | and my old man is gonna kill me. | 我老爹准备打死我 |
[09:05] | You know what that means? | 你知道这意味着什么吗 |
[09:06] | You’re gonna do my homework for the rest of the year, | 意味着今年剩下的作业你都得帮我做了 |
[09:08] | and you’re not gonna say a word about it anyone. | 而且一个字都不许往外说 |
[09:10] | No, I’m not, and you can’t make me. | 不 我拒绝 我不会屈服的 |
[09:12] | I’m sorry, maybe you weren’t listening? | 抱歉 你可能没听到 |
[09:13] | I don’t know bio, which means I don’t know | 我对生物一窍不通 也就是说我根本不知道 |
[09:16] | where the kidneys are. | 肾脏到底在哪里 |
[09:17] | Now, are they here, here, or here? | 现在我问你是在这儿 这儿 还是这儿 |
[09:20] | You still have philosophical reservations against helping me? | 你还是不打算帮我写作业吗 |
[09:23] | Okay, I’ll do it! Just please let me go! | 好好好 我做就是了 放我走吧 |
[09:26] | That’s my boy. | 这才乖嘛 |
[09:28] | Every day before first bell, | 每天第一节课上课铃响之前 |
[09:29] | that day’s homework is in my hands. | 当天的作业必须交到我手上 |
[09:31] | You’re ever late, | 你敢迟交 |
[09:32] | we’re gonna take a trip down to the equipment locker | 我就会当着整个学校的面 |
[09:34] | in front of the whole school, and I’m gonna lock you in. | 带你去体育馆的器械室玩玩 把你关进去 |
[09:46] | Spent the rest of the year racing to school, | 在那一年剩下的时间里 我天天都冲去学校 |
[09:48] | just terrified I’d be late. | 害怕自己迟到 |
[09:51] | First time I was… | 我第一次迟到时 |
[09:53] | Chaz was true to his word. | 查斯兑现了他的承诺 |
[09:54] | Dragged me to the gym, | 把我拖进体育馆 |
[09:56] | shoved me into an equipment locker… | 把我推进一个器械室 |
[09:58] | and said that if I ever told anyone, | 跟我说要是我敢告诉别人 |
[10:00] | next time would be worse. | 下一次只会更糟 |
[10:01] | Louis, you’ve told me what a hard time you had in your youth, | 路易 你告诉过我 你年轻时日子不好过 |
[10:05] | but this… | 但这事 |
[10:06] | That’s not even the part that I’ve been thinking about. | 这事我都基本不去想 |
[10:08] | You see, by the end… | 你看 到最后 |
[10:12] | I just stopped fighting. | 我就放弃挣扎了 |
[10:13] | So if I was late, Chaz would walk me down the hall, | 要是我迟到了 查斯就拽着我走过学校大厅 |
[10:16] | get to the gym. | 把我带去体育馆 |
[10:17] | He’d open up the equipment locker door… | 打开器械室的门 |
[10:20] | I’d hand him his homework… | 我就会把他的作业给他 |
[10:23] | and I would walk myself right in. | 然后自己走进去 |
[10:26] | I can only imagine what you must have felt | 我能想象出 这么多年之后 |
[10:28] | when you saw him again after all this time. | 你再次见到他的感觉 |
[10:30] | All he had to say about it was, “No hard feelings.” | 而他只是轻描淡写地说”别往心里去” |
[10:34] | Well, there are hard feelings. | 我的确往心里去了 |
[10:35] | Feelings you have been carrying with you ever since. | 你从那时起就一直记恨他 |
[10:38] | That’s why… | 因此 |
[10:39] | I wanna show you this. | 我想给你看看这个 |
[10:40] | It’s something that I haven’t looked at in 30 years. | 三十年来我都没再看过它一眼 |
[10:51] | Louis, what did Sheila say when you showed her this? | 路易 你给希拉看这个时 她怎么说 |
[10:53] | Show her? No, I couldn’t do that. | 给她看 不 我不能这么做 |
[10:56] | – Why not? – ‘Cause I’ve been doing research | -为什么 -因为我们一离开诊所 |
[10:57] | since the minute we left the clinic, | 我就在做调查 |
[10:59] | hoping that it wasn’t true, | 希望这不是真的 |
[11:00] | but there’s nobody better than this guy. | 但他确实是业内顶尖的专家 |
[11:02] | If we want our best chances to have this baby, | 如果我们想抓住一切机会有个孩子的话 |
[11:05] | I just have to deal with these… | 我只能处理好这些 |
[11:08] | feelings. | 感情 |
[11:09] | Then at least let Sheila in on what you’re going through, | 那至少告诉希拉你的经历 |
[11:13] | because if you don’t let off some steam, | 因为如果你不发泄一些压力的话 |
[11:16] | there is likely to be an explosion. | 早晚会爆炸的 |
[11:26] | Harvey? I’m sorry to bother you, | 哈维 抱歉打扰 |
[11:28] | but do you have a minute? | 能占用你点时间吗 |
[11:29] | I don’t believe this. | 难以置信 |
[11:31] | Shit went sideways with your case already | 你案子不顺利 |
[11:33] | – and you want my help. – I didn’t say that. | -跑来找我求助 -我可没这么说 |
[11:34] | You didn’t need to, ’cause you’re here | 你用不着说 因为你在这里 |
[11:36] | with your “Pass the butter” Voice, | 用那种指手画脚的腔调说话 |
[11:38] | and I warned you this would happen. | 我早就警告过你这事可能发生 |
[11:40] | – Maybe you did, but… – Not “Maybe.” | -也许你的确警告了 但 -不是”也许” |
[11:42] | I said, “You’re picking a fight with the wrong guy,” | 我说过”你惹错了人” |
[11:44] | and you said you knew what you were doing. | 你说你知道自己在干什么 |
[11:46] | Okay, Harvey. | 好吧 哈维 |
[11:48] | You were right. | 你是对的 |
[11:50] | Now you wanna say “I told you so,” | 你现在是想事后诸葛亮 |
[11:51] | or do you wanna help me beat this guy? | 还是想帮我打败这家伙 |
[11:52] | You don’t wanna know what I want to do, | 你才不会想知道我想做什么呢 |
[11:54] | but since I can’t do that, I guess I have to help you. | 但既然我没法随心所欲 那我只能帮你了 |
[11:57] | And if what you’re wanting to do is to take a swing at me, | 要是你想给我来一拳 |
[12:00] | we can take this into the ring once we’re done. | 我们解决完这事后 可以去一下拳击场 |
[12:02] | I meant I want to tape your mouth shut, | 我是说我想把你的嘴粘起来 |
[12:04] | but I heard you talk a big game with your boxing, | 但我听你大谈特谈你的拳击技术 |
[12:07] | and trust me– you don’t want a piece of this. | 相信我 你不会想尝试的 |
[12:10] | I don’t just box, Harvey, I kickbox, | 我不止是打拳击 哈维 我会自由搏击 |
[12:12] | and my leg is 50 times stronger than your arm. | 我的腿比你的胳膊强壮五十倍 |
[12:14] | And picking fights outside of your weight class | 你之所以卷进这堆糟心事 |
[12:16] | is how you got into this mess in the first place, | 就是因为你挑战了和你不在同一重量级的选手 |
[12:18] | so you wanna figure out how to get out of it? | 所以你是想知道怎么摆脱麻烦 |
[12:20] | Or you wanna make up fairytales | 还是想编个童话 |
[12:22] | about how you’d kick my ass? | 来讲讲你是如何地痛扁了我 |
[12:24] | I want to figure out how to get out of this. | 我想知道怎么摆脱这个麻烦 |
[12:26] | Then we’re gonna go upstairs | 那我们就上楼 |
[12:27] | and order an extra-large pepperoni and cheese, | 点一份超大份的芝士意大利辣香肠 |
[12:30] | because I might not have picked this fight, | 因为就算不是我挑起的这场战争 |
[12:32] | but there is no way I am letting | 我也不可能让 |
[12:34] | Eric “I need a haircut” Kaldor | 那个一头鸡窝的艾瑞克·考德 |
[12:36] | get the better of one of my people. | 赢过我的人 |
[12:46] | Oh, what is this for? | 这是干什么 |
[12:50] | For being by my side today. | 奖励你今天陪我 |
[12:52] | Of course. I told you that I would be. | 我当然在了 我告诉你我会在的 |
[12:55] | Well, it really set me at ease, and I have to say, | 你的确让我很放松 而且我得说 |
[12:57] | Chaz is so knowledgeable, | 查斯真是知识渊博 |
[13:00] | and his bedside manner is a dream. | 而且他的床边礼仪简直完美 |
[13:03] | Right. | 是啊 |
[13:04] | He’s the best. | 他是最好的 |
[13:06] | We’re gonna be swimming in babies by the time | 有他在我们俩之间插一脚 |
[13:08] | he’s through with us. | 我们马上就能子女成群了 |
[13:10] | Louis, what’s wrong? | 路易 怎么了 |
[13:13] | Chaz was my bully in high school. | 查斯在高中时欺负过我 |
[13:15] | He… tortured me my entire junior year. | 我整个高一都在被他折磨 |
[13:18] | That’s awful. | 太糟糕了 |
[13:19] | Why didn’t you say something to me? | 你怎么没告诉我 |
[13:21] | Because it was 30 years ago, Sheila. | 因为那都是30年前的事了 希拉 |
[13:22] | I’m not gonna let something from high school | 我不会让高中的陈年旧事 |
[13:23] | keep us from seeing the best fertility specialist in the country. | 阻止我们去见全国最好的生育专家 |
[13:26] | Louis, we can find whoever’s second best. | 路易 我们可以找第二好的 |
[13:28] | No, we can’t. | 不 不可以 |
[13:29] | If it didn’t work out, | 如果那样没成功的话 |
[13:30] | I would never forgive myself. | 我永远都不会原谅我自己 |
[13:33] | – I can handle it. – Are you sure? | -我能应付得了 -你确定吗 |
[13:35] | Trust me… | 相信我 |
[13:37] | I’ll be okay. | 我会没事的 |
[13:40] | Carla, I got your message. | 卡拉 我收到你的信息了 |
[13:41] | I came as soon as I could. | 我以最快速度赶来了 |
[13:43] | Then you need to use that huge retainer we pay you | 那你该用我们付给你的巨额费用 |
[13:45] | to buy a faster car, | 去买一辆更快的车 |
[13:46] | ’cause I found out we no longer have a distribution deal. | 因为我得知我们已经没有经销合同了 |
[13:48] | What the hell are you talking about? | 你在说什么呢 |
[13:49] | Our distributor that you said we had a done deal with | 你说已经跟我们达成合约的经销商 |
[13:52] | called to say that they got a better offer. | 来电说他们得到了更好的报价 |
[13:54] | And if they have a competing offer that fast, | 如果他们这么快就得到了竞争性报价 |
[13:55] | they’ve been negotiating in bad faith this whole time. | 那么他们一直都是在欺诈性谈判 |
[13:57] | I don’t give a shit what they’ve been doing. | 我不在乎他们在干什么 |
[13:59] | I want to know what you’re gonna do about it. | 我想知道你会怎么做 |
[14:01] | I’m gonna remind them the only way they can break our deal is | 我会提醒他们唯一能跟我们解除合同的情况 |
[14:03] | if that signature didn’t get over there, | 就是我们没把签了名的文件及时送到 |
[14:04] | and if they try to back out for any other reason… | 如果他们想因为别的理由而食言的话 |
[14:06] | Don’t you get it? | 你还不明白吗 |
[14:07] | There is no other reason. | 根本没有别的理由 |
[14:09] | They’re saying that signature never got there. | 他们说签了名的文件根本就没送到过 |
[14:11] | Carla, I’m telling you, | 卡拉 我告诉你 |
[14:13] | that signature got there, | 签了名的文件已经送到了 |
[14:14] | and they’re not backing out of anything. | 我不可能让他们食言的 |
[14:16] | You’d better be right, | 你最好是对的 |
[14:18] | because our future is based on this expansion, | 因为我们公司的未来就指望这次扩张了 |
[14:21] | and like I said, you told me it was a done deal. | 而你告诉过我这事已经谈妥了 |
[14:31] | Gretchen, tell me you sent | 格蕾琴 你今天 |
[14:32] | Louis’ signature over there today. | 把路易签名的文件寄过去了吧 |
[14:33] | I did. Why? | 寄了啊 怎么了 |
[14:35] | They’re saying they never got it. | 他们说没收到 |
[14:36] | Well, that’s some Grade-A bullshit. | 纯属扯淡 |
[14:38] | The courier came and took it this afternoon. | 邮递员今天下午来取货的 |
[14:40] | Then either the courier failed to deliver it… | 那要么是邮递员没送到 |
[14:42] | Or these guys are straight-up lying. | 要么是这些人在睁眼说瞎话 |
[14:43] | Either way, I need you to get me | 不管怎样 我需要你帮我 |
[14:45] | a receipt from that courier. | 从邮递员那弄一张收据 |
[14:46] | Then you’ll have it by tomorrow. | 我明天交给你 |
[14:48] | Don’t worry, we’ll fix this. | 别担心 我们能搞定这事 |
[14:49] | Thanks, Gretchen. | 谢谢 格蕾琴 |
[14:51] | I appreciate you being all over this. | 很感谢你对这事这么上心 |
[14:56] | Hold on. | 等一下 |
[14:57] | If we can prove you never had any contact with Grayscale, | 如果我们能证明你和灰度公司没关系 |
[15:01] | we can argue no privileged relationship existed. | 那么我们就能辩解说并不存在保密条例 |
[15:04] | It’s an idea, but even if we subpoena everybody from back then, | 是个办法 但就算我们把当时的人都传唤来 |
[15:07] | it’s not in their interests to clear me so I can sue them. | 他们也不会打算帮我正名 好让我告他们 |
[15:10] | Plus, Kaldor… could still say it doesn’t matter | 还有 考德还是可以说这根本不重要 |
[15:12] | because you saw confidential information. | 因为你看过机密信息 |
[15:14] | Goddamn that man. | 那人真是个混蛋 |
[15:16] | All I wanted was to get Robert another client. | 我只是想帮罗伯特找个新客户 |
[15:19] | I know. You’re a saint, | 我知道 你是个圣人 |
[15:20] | and all you were doing was God’s work. | 你做的一切都是上帝的旨意 |
[15:23] | All right, you don’t have to rub it in. | 好了 你别说个没完了 |
[15:25] | I do if we’re gonna have any fun tonight. | 如果我们今晚想找点乐子我就得说 |
[15:28] | Speaking of fun, it’s late; | 说到找乐子 已经这么晚了 |
[15:30] | we just shared a pizza; I have to ask. | 我们刚分享了一个披萨 是时候问问了 |
[15:32] | What is it with you and Robert? | 你和罗伯特是什么情况 |
[15:33] | I’m not talking about me and Robert with you. | 我不会跟你谈论罗伯特的事 |
[15:35] | Oh, so you can tell Donna about yourself | 所以你可以跟唐娜聊私生活 |
[15:37] | but you can’t tell me? | 但是跟我就不行 |
[15:38] | You know we went out? | 你知道我们一起出门玩了 |
[15:39] | Of course I do. I know everything. | 我当然知道 我无所不知 |
[15:42] | Even the time that you tried to… | 就连那次你想要 |
[15:44] | No. You don’t know anything. | 不 你一无所知 |
[15:46] | You’re just trying to get me to spill the beans | 你只是想让我说漏嘴 |
[15:47] | because Donna wouldn’t. | 因为唐娜不肯告诉你 |
[15:48] | So what if I am? | 是又如何 |
[15:50] | That’s exactly what I said to you | 我当时也是这么跟你说的 |
[15:51] | when you called me out on doing this because of Alex. | 在你不让我抢亚历克斯客户的时候 |
[15:54] | “So what if I am?” | “是又如何” |
[15:56] | Maybe we’re more alike than you thought after all. | 也许我们比你想象中更加相像 |
[15:59] | And that’s what you tried telling me | 在你刚来到这里的时候 |
[16:00] | when you first got here. | 你就想告诉我这件事 |
[16:01] | That night in my office, | 那晚在我的办公室 |
[16:02] | when you flipped me the bird. | 你对我竖中指 |
[16:03] | As I recall, you flipped it right back. | 据我回忆 你对我也竖中指了 |
[16:05] | – Yeah, well, maybe we really are… – Wait a second. | -是的 也许我们的确 -等一会 |
[16:08] | “More alike than we thought.” | “比我们想象中更加相像” |
[16:10] | What if it’s not just you and me? | 如果并不只是你我之间呢 |
[16:12] | – What do you got? – Kaldor. | -你想到什么了 -考德 |
[16:14] | He said the only way I could get around | 他说我可以圆上请款单这事的 |
[16:15] | the billing sheet was to say I lied about it. | 唯一办法就是承认自己撒谎 |
[16:17] | But what if he’s the one who lied, | 但是如果他才是那个撒谎的人 |
[16:19] | and that sheet never existed? | 那张单子从未存在过呢 |
[16:20] | Looks like someone needs to pay a visit to Eric Kaldor. | 看起来有人需要去拜访艾瑞克·考德了 |
[16:24] | You think you can handle it? | 你认为你可以处理吗 |
[16:25] | Why would I handle it? | 我为什么要处理 |
[16:27] | Because… | 因为 |
[16:29] | you helped me when you didn’t have to, | 你在不必帮我的时候帮了我 |
[16:31] | and you just said you wanted to have some fun. | 然后你说你只是想找点乐子 |
[16:33] | And what better way to have some fun | 有什么比黏着艾瑞克·考德 |
[16:35] | than sticking it to Eric Kaldor? | 更能找乐子呢 |
[16:36] | I get it. You don’t just want to get Robert a present. | 我明白了 你不仅想送罗伯特一份大礼 |
[16:40] | You want to get me personally invested in your success. | 你想让我亲自为你的成功投资 |
[16:43] | So what if I do? | 是又如何 |
[16:46] | Okay, Samantha. I’ll take care of Eric. | 好的 萨曼莎 我来搞定艾瑞克 |
[16:47] | But before we call it a night, | 但是在我们今晚结束之前 |
[16:49] | this idea came from you suggesting you’re like him, | 你想出的这个办法 说明你和他一样 |
[16:53] | and then you started talking about fabricating evidence… | 然后你开始谈伪造证据 |
[16:56] | The answer is no, Harvey. | 答案是不 哈维 |
[16:58] | I’ve never fabricated evidence in my life. | 我此生从未捏造过证据 |
[17:03] | Hi, I need a receipt for a package I sent with your service. | 你好 我在你们这寄了包裹 我需要发票 |
[17:06] | Of course. What’s your order number? | 当然可以 你的订单编号是 |
[17:08] | 12657 “1-2-6-5-7.” | |
[17:12] | Our records show that package was never sent. | 我们的记录显示没有寄出过那个包裹 |
[17:14] | Well, your records are wrong, | 你的记录是错的 |
[17:15] | because you’re speaking to the woman who sent it. | 因为是我寄的包裹 |
[17:17] | I’m sorry, ma’am. I don’t know what to say to that. | 对不起 女士 我不知该对此说些什么 |
[17:19] | Don’t say anything. Just put me through to the courier. | 什么话也不用说 把我转接给邮递员 |
[17:21] | Ma’am, if there’s no record in our system, | 女士 如果我们的系统里没记录 |
[17:23] | talking to him isn’t going to help. | 和邮递员联系也是没有用的 |
[17:24] | And our couriers are extremely busy, | 我们的邮递员都很忙 |
[17:26] | – and I don’t have time to… – Listen here, young lady. | -我没有时间来 -听着 小姑娘 |
[17:28] | You don’t think I’m busy? I am. | 你觉得我不忙吗 我也很忙 |
[17:30] | But not too busy to find out where you live, | 但还没有忙到找不到你住哪 |
[17:32] | your mother’s maiden name, and anything else | 你妈妈的娘家姓 和其他任何事 |
[17:34] | that it takes to make your life a living hell | 我会用这些让你的生活变成人间炼狱 |
[17:36] | if you don’t put me through to that goddamn courier. | 如果你不把我转接给那个该死的邮递员的话 |
[17:40] | I’ll see if I can connect him. | 我试试能不能联系上他 |
[17:46] | – Hello? – Leroy. Thank God it’s you. | -喂 -勒罗伊 谢天谢地是你 |
[17:48] | Yep, it’s me, all right. | 是我 |
[17:50] | I understand there is a problem with your pick-up. | 我明白 你在取件上出了问题 |
[17:52] | There sure is. I left a package for you | 当然有问题 今天中午我在我桌子上 |
[17:54] | this afternoon on my desk. | 给你留了个包裹 |
[17:56] | I know you picked it up because it’s gone. | 我知道你拿走了它因为它不见了 |
[17:58] | Sorry, Gretchen, it wasn’t there. | 对不起 格蕾琴 它不在我这 |
[18:00] | I waited around, like, for ten minutes. | 我等了 差不多 10分钟 |
[18:02] | I asked the receptionist, and she didn’t have it, so I left. | 我问了前台 她那没有 所以我走了 |
[18:08] | Thank you, then, Leroy. | 那谢谢你了 勒罗伊 |
[18:09] | Th–thanks for your time. Sorry to put you out. | 多谢你抽空 不好意思给你添麻烦了 |
[18:12] | No problem. | 没关系 |
[18:41] | Shit. | 该死 |
[18:46] | Hello. You must be Missy. | 你好 你一定是米西 |
[18:48] | That’s right. And you are… | 对的 你是 |
[18:50] | A friend of Sandy McClusky’s, | 桑迪·麦克拉斯基的朋友 |
[18:52] | the woman who used to cover this desk. | 之前管这张桌子的是她 |
[18:54] | I remember Sandy. | 我记得桑迪 |
[18:55] | She trained me. | 她培训的我 |
[18:56] | Well, tried to, anyway. | 试图培训吧 不管怎样 |
[18:57] | Sandy and I came up together in the pool | 桑迪和我一起从约翰逊·鲍威尔打拼出来 |
[19:00] | at Johnson Powell along with Rebecca Hart and Pat Nichols. | 连同丽贝卡·哈特和帕特·尼科尔斯 |
[19:03] | We went through a lot together. | 我们一起经历了很多 |
[19:05] | And how does that have anything to do with me? | 这些和我有什么关系 |
[19:07] | Sandy owed me a favor before she retired, and… | 桑迪在她退休之前欠我个人情 |
[19:09] | – I need to call it in. – So call her. | -我需要她还这个人情 -那去联系她 |
[19:11] | Well, she’s in Coral Gables. | 她在珊瑚阁区 |
[19:13] | You’re the one on this desk now, | 现在坐在这个位置上的是你 |
[19:14] | so the favor falls to you. | 所以这个人情轮到你还 |
[19:15] | I need you to log that you received this yesterday. | 我需要你记录下你昨天收到了这个 |
[19:22] | The problem with that is I didn’t receive it yesterday. | 问题是我昨天没收到这个 |
[19:26] | It was an honest mistake. | 无心之失罢了 |
[19:27] | Honest or not, it’s yours. | 不管是不是无心 都是你的过失 |
[19:29] | – Why should I cover for you? – Because Sandy owed me. | -为什么我要帮你掩盖呢 -因为桑迪欠我 |
[19:31] | That’s how we take care of each other. | 这就是我们彼此关照的方式 |
[19:33] | It’s been going on since before you were born. | 在你出生之前就一直如此了 |
[19:36] | And your chance to cash in that favor walked out when she did. | 你兑换这人情的机会在她离开时就没了 |
[19:38] | Listen to me, young lady… | 听我说 小姑娘 |
[19:40] | No, you listen to me. | 不 你听我说 |
[19:41] | You’re asking me to lie to my boss, | 你这是在叫我对我的老板撒谎 |
[19:43] | and I’m not gonna do it, so… | 我不会这么做的 所以 |
[19:45] | instead of coming in here, | 比起来这里 |
[19:46] | trying to get me to put my ass on the line | 试图让我去以身犯险 |
[19:48] | to honor some 80-year-old tradition, | 就为了尊重一个什么80年前的传统 |
[19:50] | why don’t you not screw up in the first place? | 你何不一开始就别搞砸这件事呢 |
[19:53] | You think you’re hot shit, and you don’t need anyone… | 你以为自己很了不起 你不需要任何人 |
[19:57] | but one day you’re gonna be in the position that I’m in, | 不过天道好轮回 苍天饶过谁 |
[20:00] | and you’re gonna wish like hell you had a network of people | 那时你会很后悔自己没有人脉 |
[20:02] | – to call on for help. – Maybe I will. | -可以求助 -也许我会 |
[20:04] | But something tells me by then… | 但是我感觉 到那时候 |
[20:07] | you’ll be long gone. | 你早就不在了 |
[20:21] | Harvey Specter. | 哈维·斯佩克特 |
[20:24] | Don’t tell me. You’re picking up the case | 别告诉我 你接了这个 |
[20:26] | I had Samantha booted off of, and now I’m… | 我把萨曼莎踢出去的案子 而我 |
[20:29] | supposed to be shaking with fear. | 现在该瑟瑟发抖了 |
[20:30] | You think I’d let you off that easy, Eric? | 你以为我会这么轻易就放过你吗 艾瑞克 |
[20:32] | – Not a chance. – What are you talking about? | -不可能 -你在说什么 |
[20:34] | There’s an old saying: | 有一个成语叫做 |
[20:35] | accuse the other side of that which you are guilty. | 贼喊捉贼 |
[20:37] | There’s another old saying: get to the point. | 还有个成语叫做简明扼要 |
[20:39] | You said Samantha lied about that billing sheet, | 你说萨曼莎在请款单的问题上说了谎 |
[20:42] | which got us thinking, you lied about that billing sheet, | 我们就想 是你在请款单的问题上说了谎 |
[20:44] | and Samantha never worked for Grayscale. | 而萨曼莎从未为灰度工作过 |
[20:46] | And you say that again, and I will have you sued for slander. | 你要敢再说一遍 我就告你诽谤 |
[20:49] | Then I won’t say it. I’ll just prove it. | 那我就不说了 我直接证明 |
[20:51] | You gonna reach into my brain | 你难道准备进入我的大脑 |
[20:52] | to get me to admit to something I never did? | 让我承认我从未做过的事情吗 |
[20:53] | No, Eric. I’ll subpoena every bill ever sent, | 不 艾瑞克 我会传唤所有已寄出账单 |
[20:56] | and every billing sheet ever submitted by Samantha, | 和萨曼莎提交过的所有请款单 |
[20:59] | and when they don’t add up, | 如果它们不吻合 |
[21:00] | we won’t need this case to move forward | 这个案子就不必继续了 |
[21:02] | because you’ll be disbarred for fabricated evidence. | 因为你会因为捏造证据而被取消律师资格 |
[21:06] | There’s no way I have to hand over | 我绝不会把我们专有的记录 |
[21:07] | proprietary records to a competing firm. | 交给一家对手律所 |
[21:10] | You really want to take that chance over one client? | 你真的想为了一个客户赌赌这个可能性吗 |
[21:14] | Let this go, Eric. | 放弃吧 艾瑞克 |
[21:15] | It’s over. | 结束了 |
[21:17] | So it’s not enough you had to take my partner | 你带走了我的合伙人 |
[21:20] | and half my business? | 和我一半的生意还不够是吧 |
[21:21] | You have to come after the rest? | 连剩下的一半你都要穷追不舍吗 |
[21:23] | I didn’t come after anything. | 我并没有这么想 |
[21:25] | But as long as we’re talking, | 既然你提起了这件事 |
[21:27] | I didn’t take your partner. | 我并没有带走你的合伙人 |
[21:29] | You went behind his back to try to steal both our firms, | 是你背着他试图偷走我们两家律所 |
[21:32] | so if you think this little sob story is gonna move me, | 你别以为演出苦情戏就能打动我 |
[21:35] | you might as well pick up a tissue, | 你还不如拿张纸巾 |
[21:37] | dab your eyes, and tell it somewhere else. | 擦擦你的眼泪 去找别人诉苦 |
[21:39] | And when you’re finished, you can call Grayscale | 等你演完了 你就可以去联系灰度公司 |
[21:41] | and let them know they’re now represented by me. | 然后告诉他们 他们现在的律师是我 |
[21:53] | Gretchen. | 格蕾琴 |
[21:54] | What brings you into my office? | 你来有何贵干 |
[21:56] | – I need help. – Let me guess: | -我需要帮助 -让我猜猜 |
[21:58] | you’re coming to me because you heard I fix things. | 你来找我 是因为你听说我能解决问题 |
[22:00] | I’m coming because when Louis lost his mind on you, | 我找你是因为路易向你发火的时候 |
[22:03] | you didn’t run to Robert. | 你没跑去找罗伯特 |
[22:05] | You went to Harvey, ’cause you knew he needed a friend. | 你去找了哈维 因为你知道他需要一个朋友 |
[22:08] | And right now you need a friend. | 而现在需要朋友的是你 |
[22:11] | I screwed up, big-time. | 我搞砸了 捅了个大篓子 |
[22:13] | Didn’t send a document that needed to be sent, | 没有寄出一份关键的文件 |
[22:16] | and now Alex Williams is gonna be in deep shit. | 现在亚历克斯·威廉姆斯有了大麻烦 |
[22:18] | Gretchen, I may be good, | 格蕾琴 我也许很能干 |
[22:20] | but I can’t travel back in time for you. | 但是我也没法为了你回到过去 |
[22:21] | I know that. I asked that goddamn secretary | 我知道 我让那个该死的秘书 |
[22:25] | to cover for me, but… she wouldn’t honor the code. | 帮我掩饰过去 但她不愿意遵守江湖规矩 |
[22:28] | So you want me to make it look like | 所以你希望我帮你把事情 |
[22:30] | it’s her fault and not yours. | 搞得像是她的错 而不是你的 |
[22:32] | That’s right. | 没错 |
[22:35] | I’m sorry, I–I can’t do it. | 抱歉 我不能这样做 |
[22:37] | Is this because I told you it could hurt Alex? | 是因为我告诉你这事可能波及到亚历克斯吗 |
[22:39] | This has nothing to do with Alex. | 这和亚历克斯没关系 |
[22:41] | I’m telling you this because what it would take | 我拒绝你 是因为我们可能会 |
[22:44] | to fix this thing could make it 1,000 times worse, | 搬起石头砸自己的脚 |
[22:47] | and being your friend means telling you | 作为你的朋友 我得告诉你 |
[22:49] | – it is not worth it. – But, Samantha… | -这不值得 -可是 萨曼莎 |
[22:51] | No “Buts.” You need to go to Alex | 没有”可是” 你得去找亚历克斯 |
[22:53] | and tell him the truth, | 告诉他真相 |
[22:54] | because this is his client, and he deserves to know. | 因为这是他的客户 他有权知道 |
[23:03] | Louis, what are you doing? You’re missing dinner. | 路易 你在做什么 你要错过晚餐了 |
[23:05] | It’s sloppy Joe night, so I’m not missing anything. | 今晚吃碎牛肉汉堡 我也没错过什么 |
[23:08] | But if you must know, I’m writing a contract. | 不过你要是想知道 我在起草一份合同 |
[23:10] | What? Is that your civics homework or something? | 什么 这是你公民学的作业吗 |
[23:12] | No, Esther. | 不 埃斯特 |
[23:13] | It’s a legally binding document stipulating that I’m required | 这是一份有法律约束力的文件 规定我需要 |
[23:15] | to get even with Chaz McManus by the end of the school year. | 在本学年结束时去找查斯·麦克玛纳斯算账 |
[23:19] | You mean because he’s putting you in the locker. | 因为他把你关进了器械室里 |
[23:21] | Yes, Esther, that’s what I mean. | 是的埃斯特 就是这个意思 |
[23:24] | Trust me, Louis. | 相信我 路易 |
[23:25] | Whatever you’re thinking of doing, | 不管你以为你在做什么 |
[23:27] | Chaz is just gonna make your life 100 times worse. | 查斯只会让你的生活糟糕一百倍 |
[23:29] | Like you’d know anything about dealing with a bully. | 搞得好像你知道怎么对付校霸一样 |
[23:31] | Believe me, I do. | 相信我 我知道 |
[23:34] | Remember when I dropped out of band last year? | 你还记得我去年离开乐队吗 |
[23:35] | You mean when you told Mom | 你是说你告诉妈妈 |
[23:36] | you couldn’t stand being associated with me? | 你忍受不了和我在一起的那次吗 |
[23:39] | What I couldn’t stand was Carolyn Price | 我忍受不了的是卡洛琳·普赖斯 |
[23:41] | picking on me every day. | 每天刁难我 |
[23:43] | – I didn’t know that. – Well, now you do. | -我不知道那事 -你现在知道了 |
[23:46] | So do you want my advice or not? | 所以你到底想不想听我的建议 |
[23:49] | I want it. | 想听 |
[23:51] | Lay low… do what he wants, | 低调行事 听命于他 |
[23:53] | and hope he forgets you ever existed. | 并祈祷他忘记你的存在 |
[23:55] | Well, he’s not ever going to forget, Esther, | 他不会忘记的 埃斯特 |
[23:56] | – and neither am I. – Louis, don’t you get it? | -我也不会 -路易 你还不明白吗 |
[23:59] | Guys like Chaz always get their way in high school. | 像查斯这样的男生 在高中总是能为所欲为 |
[24:02] | But high school ends, and before you know it, | 但高中毕业后 突然之间 |
[24:04] | you’ll be successful, and he’ll be pumping your gas. | 你就是成功人士了 他则在加油站帮你加油 |
[24:07] | Oh, my God. You’re right. | 我的天 你说的没错 |
[24:09] | I’m not powerful enough to face him now, | 我现在还没强大到能面对他 |
[24:11] | – but someday I’ll show him. – No, Louis, | -但有一天 我会向他证明 -不 路易 |
[24:13] | – that’s not what I meant. – Now, excuse me. | -我不是这个意思 -不好意思 |
[24:15] | I need to reword my contract. | 我现在得修改我的合同 |
[24:24] | Carla, let me call you right back. | 卡拉 我稍后再打给你 |
[24:26] | I think what we needed just walked into my office. | 我们需要的人刚走进我办公室 |
[24:29] | – She still pissed? – She won’t be | -她还在生气吗 -只要你交出收据 |
[24:31] | once you hand over that receipt. | 她就不生气了 |
[24:34] | That’s just it, Alex. There isn’t one. | 问题就在这 亚历克斯 没有收据 |
[24:36] | – Come again? – I never sent the documents over. | -又来了 -我从未把文件寄过去 |
[24:38] | Are you shitting me? | 你在跟我开玩笑吗 |
[24:40] | And you’re just coming to me with this now? | 你现在才来告诉我这个 |
[24:41] | I just realized last night what happened. | 我昨晚才意识到发生了什么 |
[24:43] | Then why didn’t you come to me last night? | 那昨晚为什么不来找我 |
[24:44] | Because I thought I could still fix it. | 因为我以为我还能补救 |
[24:46] | No, no. Let’s just review: | 不不 我们来回顾一下 |
[24:47] | after you gave me all that bullshit about, | 你在跟我瞎扯了什么 |
[24:49] | “Good morning, Gretchen. Don’t you look lovely,” | ‘早上好 格蕾琴 你看上去真不错’后 |
[24:51] | – you fucking lied to my face. – It wasn’t a lie. | -你就他妈当着我的面撒谎 -我没撒谎 |
[24:53] | When I found out, I tried to fix it. | 我发现了以后 我试着去补救 |
[24:55] | Well, you didn’t, and when Carla finds out | 你没有 当卡拉发现 |
[24:57] | this was on me… | 这件事是我的错之后 |
[24:59] | It’s my fault. I’ll take the bullet. | 是我的错 我来承担 |
[25:02] | Take the bullet? | 你来承担 |
[25:03] | They’re not gonna give a shit whose fault this is. | 他们才不管这是谁的错 |
[25:05] | It’s my client. It’s on my head. | 这是我的客户 出了事全都得怪我 |
[25:08] | Is there anything I can do? | 有什么是我可以做的吗 |
[25:09] | Yeah, from now on, do what you say you’re gonna do, | 有 从现在起 说到做到 |
[25:12] | and if for some reason you don’t, | 如果因为某些原因做不到 |
[25:13] | at least have the courage to tell me before it’s too late. | 至少早点鼓起勇气告诉我 以免不可收拾 |
[25:22] | I know we demanded the client, | 我知道我们需要客户 |
[25:23] | but I never imagined you’d hand-deliver them. | 但没想到你会亲自送他们上门 |
[25:25] | The only thing I’m delivering, Samantha, | 萨曼莎 我唯一送的东西 |
[25:27] | – is an ultimatum. – The thing about giving ultimatums, Eric, | -是最后通牒 -艾瑞克 发最后通牒 |
[25:31] | is that you need to have the upper hand, and you don’t. | 需要占据上风 但你没有 |
[25:33] | Yeah, I thought that too. But then I thought about | 我也想到了 然后我想到 |
[25:35] | what Harvey said, “Accuse the other side | 哈维说过 |
[25:38] | of that which you are guilty,” | 贼喊捉贼 |
[25:39] | and I think that’s what you did to me. | 我觉得这就是你对我做的 |
[25:42] | Sorry to disappoint you, but I have never fabricated | 抱歉让你失望了 但是我从未伪造过 |
[25:45] | – any evidence. – No, but you buried some. | -任何证据 -但你藏过 |
[25:47] | Corman Ventures. | 科曼公司 |
[25:49] | That was just a personal case I took care of | 那只是我帮罗伯特 |
[25:51] | as a favor to Robert. | 处理的一个私人案件 |
[25:52] | And I think you broke the law to do it. | 我觉得你做了违法的事 |
[25:54] | You don’t know what you’re talking about. | 你少胡说八道 |
[25:55] | Maybe not, but Betty Palmer does. | 也许你没有 但是贝蒂·帕尔默有 |
[25:59] | See, it always bothered me | 她离开时的情形 |
[26:00] | the circumstances around her leaving | 总是萦绕在我心头 |
[26:02] | – so I decided to give her a call. – Bullshit. | -所以我给她打了个电话 -胡扯 |
[26:04] | There’s no way she’d talk to you. | 她不可能会跟你谈 |
[26:05] | Why don’t you take a stroll on down to Coral Gables to find out? | 你不如去珊瑚阁区散个步亲自问她吧 |
[26:09] | And when you’re finished, if you don’t want her telling | 问完之后 如果你不想让她把 |
[26:11] | the entire world what she told me, | 把她告诉我的事情公之于众 |
[26:12] | you’re gonna hand over your oldest client. | 你就得把你最老的客户交给我 |
[26:14] | I’m not gonna just hand over my oldest client to you. | 我不可能就这么把我最老的客户拱手相让 |
[26:18] | Well, I think you will, because you put me in front of a judge– | 你会的 因为你让我在法官面前 |
[26:21] | “Your Honor, I didn’t fabricate anything.” | “法官大人 我没有伪造任何东西” |
[26:24] | “Someone must have made a clerical error.” | “一定是有人犯了笔误’ |
[26:26] | She has got you dead to rights. | 她肯定会把你的谎言当场戳破 |
[26:28] | No. It’s her word against mine. | 不 我们只是各执一词 |
[26:32] | Like Harvey said, | 像哈维说的 |
[26:33] | you know, you really want to take that chance | 你真的想用一个案子 |
[26:34] | over one piece of business? | 来冒险吗 |
[26:37] | I’ll expect my new client’s information by tomorrow. | 希望明早能看到我新客户的资料 |
[26:48] | Alex, you said what we needed had just walked in. | 亚历克斯 你说过我们要的人已经到了 |
[26:51] | Are you walking in with the same line of bullshit, or a new one? | 你来是为了扯老一套 还是有新的屁话要说 |
[26:54] | Carla, I am sorry. | 卡拉 我很抱歉 |
[26:56] | There was a miscommunication. The document was never sent, | 之前是传达错误 文件没被寄出去 |
[26:59] | but we can still fix it. | 但情况还有挽回的余地 |
[27:00] | I’d tell you I appreciate the honesty, | 我要是告诉你我欣赏你的诚实 |
[27:02] | but I’d be lying, because that distributor– | 我就是在说谎 因为那个经销商 |
[27:03] | my distributor– | 本该属于我的那个经销商 |
[27:05] | just called to say that they closed with our competitor. | 刚刚来电说他们已经跟我们的对手谈妥了 |
[27:07] | Son of a bitch. | 该死 |
[27:09] | They didn’t even give us a chance to counter? | 他们连个反驳的机会都不给我们吗 |
[27:10] | We should never have had to counter. | 这件事我们本该手到擒来的 |
[27:15] | You’re right. | 你说得没错 |
[27:16] | I take full responsibility, and I’ll find you another deal. | 这件事我负全责 我会给你找到下家的 |
[27:18] | Another deal? | 还找下家 |
[27:19] | – I am this close to finding another law firm. – Carla… | -我都快打算另请高明了 -卡拉 |
[27:22] | You said there was a miscommunication, | 你刚刚说这是因为传达错误 |
[27:24] | so tell me what happened, and don’t you dare lie to me again. | 那你把情况告诉我 不许再说谎 |
[27:28] | One of our secretaries messed up. | 我们有位秘书搞砸了 |
[27:30] | She thought the document had been picked up, but it never was. | 她以为文件被邮递员取走了 但其实没有 |
[27:33] | Then if you want to keep my business, | 那么如果你还想留住我这位客户 |
[27:35] | what you’re going to do is fire that incompetent secretary. | 你就得解雇那位能力不足的秘书 |
[27:44] | – Hello, Betty. – Samantha. | -你好 贝蒂 -萨曼莎 |
[27:45] | I knew you’d be calling sooner or later. | 我就知道你迟早会给我打电话 |
[27:47] | Then let’s get to it. | 那我就直说了 |
[27:48] | I don’t know what story you’ve been telling Eric, | 我不知道你告诉了艾瑞克什么事 |
[27:50] | but you’re not gonna tell it to anyone else. | 但这些事情你不能再对任何人提起 |
[27:52] | And why is that? | 为什么呢 |
[27:53] | Because you signed an NDA. | 因为你签了保密协议 |
[27:54] | And that NDA was with the firm, not you. | 保密协议是跟律所签的 不是跟你签的 |
[27:57] | And Eric’s running it now, and… | 现在律所由艾瑞克掌管 并且… |
[27:59] | he’s not enforcing anything. | 他没有强制让我做任何事 |
[28:00] | Betty, I got you $100,000 and a new job. | 贝蒂 我帮你弄到了十万美元和一份新工作 |
[28:02] | Working as state law in Florida. | 不过是在佛罗里达帮州政府打官司而已 |
[28:04] | You make it sound like I won the lottery, | 你却把这说得好像我中了彩票一样 |
[28:06] | when the truth is, I tried to stop you from committing a crime, | 我当时是在尽力阻止你犯罪 |
[28:09] | and instead of listening to me, you ran me out of town. | 你不但不听我的 还把我赶出了纽约 |
[28:12] | I had to start my life again from nothing. | 我不得不重新来过 |
[28:16] | And I may not have felt bad about it, at the time, but… | 我在当时也许并不为此感到抱歉 但是 |
[28:20] | it haunts me to this day. | 这件事直到今天都在困扰着我 |
[28:22] | So what is it you want? More money? | 所以你想要什么 更多的钱吗 |
[28:23] | – Because I can– – I don’t need money. | -因为我可以 -我不要钱 |
[28:25] | What I want is to ruin your career like you ruined mine, | 我只想以其人之道还治其人之身 毁你事业 |
[28:27] | but what I will settle for is what I got, | 但鉴于我所得到的 我可以暂且饶过你 |
[28:29] | because you are dealing with the newest junior partner | 因为你面对的是兰德·考德律所 |
[28:31] | at Rand Kaldor. | 最新的初级合伙人 |
[28:32] | Betty, if you help him do this to me… | 贝蒂 如果你帮他对付我… |
[28:35] | Save your threats, because last time, it was just me and you. | 省省你的威胁吧 上次是只有你我相斗 |
[28:38] | This time, I have the full backing of Eric Kaldor, | 这次 我有艾瑞克·考德的全力支持 |
[28:41] | and he wants some payback just as much as I do. | 并且他和我一样 都想让你付出点代价 |
[28:54] | I’m guessing that the client didn’t take it well. | 我猜客户没有接受 |
[28:56] | Gretchen told you. | 格蕾琴告诉你了是吧 |
[28:59] | Alex, it was a mistake. | 亚历克斯 这事是无心之失 |
[29:00] | And I had something to do with it, | 这事我也脱不了干系 |
[29:02] | and I know you’re upset with Gretchen– | 我知道你在生格蕾琴的气 |
[29:03] | It’s not just me that’s upset, Donna. | 生气的不光只有我 唐娜 |
[29:05] | White Mountain said if we don’t fire Gretchen, | 白山水业说如果我们不开除格蕾琴 |
[29:07] | they’ll walk. | 他们就会去找别家律所 |
[29:09] | – You’re not seriously considering… – No. | -你不会真的在考虑… -不 |
[29:11] | Donna, I’m trying to figure another way out, | 唐娜 我正在想办法两全其美 |
[29:12] | but right now I can’t. | 但目前还没想到办法 |
[29:13] | Okay, well, then maybe we should… | 好吧 那也许我们应该… |
[29:15] | God damn it. How the hell did she mess this up? | 天杀的 她怎么能把这事搞砸 |
[29:18] | Look, I know it’s not great to lose a client, | 听着 我知道丢客户的滋味不好受 |
[29:21] | but it happens to everybody. | 但谁还没丢过几个客户呢 |
[29:22] | Well, it’s happening to me | 那多亏了她 |
[29:23] | at the worst possible time, thanks to her. | 这事成了我屋漏时的连夜雨 |
[29:25] | And I took the envelope with Louis’ signature | 是我不小心把装着路易签名文件的信封 |
[29:27] | off her desk by mistake. | 从她桌上拿走的 |
[29:28] | She thought that the courier took it. | 她以为是邮递员把件取走了 |
[29:29] | Well, she should have checked. | 她应该确认一下的 |
[29:31] | And she damn sure should have told me the second she knew. | 她更应该一知道这件事就告诉我 |
[29:34] | So what are you gonna do? | 所以你要怎么办 |
[29:37] | I’m gonna call them up, | 我会给他们打电话 |
[29:38] | offer to waive their bill for the last quarter, | 放弃上个季度的咨询费 |
[29:40] | and hope that’s enough to keep my goddamn client. | 希望这些足以留住我那该死的客户 |
[29:51] | How you doing, Louis? | 你还好吗 路易 |
[29:53] | A little nervous. You? | 有点紧张 你呢 |
[29:56] | Little nervous. | 有点紧张 |
[29:58] | Sheila, Louis, thank you for coming in. | 希拉 路易 谢谢你们能来 |
[30:01] | We’re surprised you asked us to come back so soon. | 你居然这么快就让我们回来复诊了 |
[30:03] | Well, I didn’t want to concern you, but… | 我不想让你们担心 但是 |
[30:05] | Oh, God, is there something wrong with my test results? | 我的天 是我的检查结果出了什么问题吗 |
[30:07] | It’s nothing we can’t handle. You have some cervical fibroids | 都在掌控之中 你有一些子宫肌瘤 |
[30:10] | that, unfortunately, your OB missed, | 很不幸 你的妇产科医生疏忽了 |
[30:13] | and I’d like to remove them. | 我希望能移除它们 |
[30:15] | You mean–you mean like surgery? | 你是说做手术吗 |
[30:16] | It’s just a simple outpatient laparoscopic procedure. | 这只是个简单的门诊腹腔镜手术 |
[30:19] | I’ve done it hundreds of times. | 我做过上百次了 |
[30:21] | – Then I think we should do it. – Great. | -那我觉得我们该做 -很好 |
[30:24] | Then I’ll set something up in the next two weeks… | 那我帮你们安排在下两周 |
[30:25] | Hold on a minute. Shelia, maybe we should get a second opinion. | 等等 希拉 也许我们该去问问别的医生 |
[30:28] | Louis, you’re welcome to get a second opinion, | 路易 你大可以去咨询别的医生 |
[30:30] | but I really do think | 但我真的认为 |
[30:31] | we should go ahead and schedule the surgery now. | 我们应该现在先预定手术日期 |
[30:32] | That way we have it on the books… | 这样我们就可以把手术提上日程 |
[30:34] | And for the record, this is my area of expertise, | 声明下 我可是专业的 |
[30:36] | and I really do think that… | 我真的认为 |
[30:37] | If you know what’s good for you, | 如果你为自己着想 |
[30:39] | you’ll get in that locker. | 你就会走进那个器械室 |
[30:41] | Litt, I could punch you before you get in, | 利特 我可以在你进去前先揍你一顿 |
[30:43] | or you could just get in. | 或者你可以乖乖进去 |
[30:47] | Aren’t you forgetting something? | 你是不是忘了什么 |
[31:03] | Well, Louis, what do you think of that plan? | 路易 你觉得这个计划如何 |
[31:05] | I don’t give a shit what your area of expertise is. | 我才不管你的专业领域是什么 |
[31:07] | We’re not gonna schedule a goddamn thing with you, now or ever, | 我们永远不会跟你预定任何手术 |
[31:11] | and if you lay one hand on the woman I love, | 如果你敢碰一下我心爱的女人 |
[31:13] | I swear to God, I’ll beat the shit out of you. | 我向天发誓 一定把你打得满地找牙 |
[31:18] | Well, Louis… | 路易 |
[31:21] | what do you think of that plan? | 你觉得这个计划如何 |
[31:24] | I see no reason why we need a second opinion. | 我想没有必要再看别的医生了 |
[31:27] | – We’ll do whatever you say. – Great, then it’s all settled. | -就按你的意见来 -好 那就这么定了 |
[31:36] | Hey, Samantha. | 萨曼莎 |
[31:38] | Donna, whatever it is, I’m kind of busy. | 唐娜 不管什么事 我现在很忙 |
[31:40] | I can see that. | 我看出来了 |
[31:41] | Does it have anything to do with why you pushed | 这和你临时推迟了三个客户的会议 |
[31:43] | three client meetings at the last minute? | 有什么关系吗 |
[31:45] | I didn’t realize you kept such close tabs on my calendar. | 我不知道你还监视着我的一举一动 |
[31:47] | I don’t, | 我没有 |
[31:49] | but when those clients get brushed off by their lawyer, | 但当客户的律师不理睬他们时 |
[31:51] | I’m the one they call. | 他们就给我打电话 |
[31:52] | And I told them those meetings will be back | 我和他们说了 等我出差回来 |
[31:54] | on the books as soon as I’m back from my trip. | 那些会议都会重回议程的 |
[31:56] | What trip? You haven’t submitted a travel request. | 出什么差 你没有申请出差 |
[31:59] | And I won’t be, | 我也不会申请 |
[32:00] | because this is personal. | 因为是私事 |
[32:02] | Okay, does this have anything to do with Eric Kaldor coming here today? | 这不会跟今天艾瑞克·考德来有关系吧 |
[32:05] | It has to do with me needing to get down to Florida | 只是我需要去趟佛罗里达州而已 |
[32:07] | and you not telling anyone. | 你别告诉任何人 |
[32:09] | – Samantha… – Donna, just let me do what I do. | -萨曼莎 -唐娜 你别管了 |
[32:12] | Let me get this straight. | 让我捋清楚 |
[32:14] | You want me to keep something from Harvey and Robert | 你希望我瞒着哈维和罗伯特一件 |
[32:15] | that I’m pretty sure might blow up | 我很确定会露馅的事 |
[32:17] | in both their faces without telling me what it is? | 还不告诉我是什么 |
[32:19] | – Yes, I do. – Well, I’m not sure I can do that. | -是的 -我不知道自己能不能做到 |
[32:21] | You know what, Donna? | 你知道吗 唐娜 |
[32:22] | If you wanna tell someone, go ahead. | 如果你想告诉别人 去吧 |
[32:25] | Doesn’t matter, | 没关系 |
[32:25] | – ’cause I’m getting on that plane anyway. – Okay. | -反正我一定要上那趟飞机 -行 |
[32:28] | Go ahead and catch your plane. | 去赶你的飞机吧 |
[32:30] | I just hope you know what you’re doing. | 我只希望你知道自己在干什么 |
[32:39] | Whatever you’re up to, it’s not gonna happen, | 无论你要去干什么 都不会发生了 |
[32:42] | ’cause you’re not getting on that plane. | 因为你不能上那飞机 |
[32:43] | – Donna told you. – You’re damn right | -唐娜告诉你了 -你说对了 |
[32:45] | – Donna told me. – I don’t believe it. | -唐娜告诉了我 -真不敢相信 |
[32:46] | – She led me to think that… – Samantha, when I asked you | -她让我误以为 -萨曼莎 当我问你 |
[32:49] | if you fabricated evidence, you said you hadn’t, | 你是否伪造了证据时 你说没有 |
[32:51] | and I believed you. | 我当时相信了你 |
[32:53] | – But now I think you have. – Harvey. | -现在我不信了 -哈维 |
[32:54] | I think you fabricated evidence; | 我觉得你伪造了证据 |
[32:56] | Kaldor is using it to blackmail you; | 考德正用这个把柄勒索你 |
[32:58] | and now you’re about to head | 现在你准备去 |
[32:59] | to wherever the hell you’re going to stop it. | 天知道什么地方 去阻止这事曝光 |
[33:01] | – Are you finished? – Am I right? | -你说完了吗 -我说对了吗 |
[33:03] | I didn’t lie to you, | 我没有骗你 |
[33:04] | and I never fabricated evidence. | 而且我从未伪造证据 |
[33:06] | What the hell’s going on here? | 那到底发生什么事了 |
[33:10] | Five years ago, we had a case. | 五年前 我们接了一个案子 |
[33:12] | Criminal. | 刑事案件 |
[33:14] | One of our CEO’s adult children was charged with attempted murder. | 一位首席执行官的成年子女被指控谋杀未遂 |
[33:18] | The pharmaceutical guy’s daughter. | 医药公司那家伙的女儿 |
[33:19] | That’s the one. | 就是她 |
[33:21] | And I did what it took to get her out of it. | 我用了所有必要手段帮她脱罪 |
[33:24] | And what exactly did it take? | 具体是什么手段 |
[33:26] | I buried evidence. | 我隐藏了证据 |
[33:28] | – Fucking believe this. – But before you say anything– | -真不敢相信 -在你开口之前 |
[33:29] | You let a guilty woman off. | 你放走了一个有罪的女人 |
[33:31] | She wasn’t guilty, and I know it. | 她是无辜的 我知道她是无辜的 |
[33:33] | And that’s exactly what my old mentor sounded like | 你这话听起来和我以前导师说的一样 |
[33:36] | when it ended up that he put away a man | 结果他把一个男人送进了大牢 |
[33:38] | for a murder he didn’t commit. | 而他根本不是杀人凶手 |
[33:40] | Well, I’m not him, | 我不是他 |
[33:41] | and I’m not gonna apologize | 而我也不会为自己做过 |
[33:42] | for doing what I had to. | 必须要做的事情道歉 |
[33:43] | I don’t give a shit if you apologize or not. | 我根本不在乎你道不道歉 |
[33:45] | We’re gonna fix this thing. | 我们要解决这个问题 |
[33:46] | You’re damn right we are, and we’re gonna fix it | 你说得对 而我们的解决方式是 |
[33:48] | by putting Betty Palmer on ice. | 暂时吊着贝蒂·帕尔默 |
[33:49] | Who the hell is Betty Palmer? | 贝蒂·帕尔默又是何方神圣 |
[33:51] | The woman I got rid of from Rand Kaldor | 在兰德·考德律所那边被我甩掉的女人 |
[33:53] | who tried to stop me from doing what I did. | 她曾想阻止我做那件事 |
[33:56] | Eric found her. | 艾瑞克找到她了 |
[33:58] | You know what? I don’t care who she is. | 你知道吗 我不在乎她是谁 |
[34:00] | We’re gonna fix this, | 我们要解决这件事 |
[34:01] | by you giving them your client. | 办法是把你的客户给他们 |
[34:03] | There is no way I am giving one of my clients | 我不可能会把我的客户 |
[34:05] | to the man who stabbed Robert in the back. | 拱手让给那个在背后捅罗伯特刀子的人 |
[34:07] | And there’s no way I’m letting you | 而我也不可能放任你 |
[34:08] | do God-knows-what to a woman | 对一个阻止你犯法的女人 |
[34:10] | who tried to stop you from breaking the law. | 做出来鬼知道什么事 |
[34:12] | – God damn it, you– – That’s enough! | -去你的吧 -够了 |
[34:13] | Give me your client. Do it now, | 把客户给我 立刻马上 |
[34:15] | or I swear to God, | 否则我保证 |
[34:16] | I’ll hand you in for burying evidence myself. | 我会亲自举报你掩盖证据 |
[34:26] | I wanted to say something, | 我想说点什么 |
[34:27] | to tell him I don’t trust him, | 去告诉他 我不信任他 |
[34:28] | to tell him I hate him– | 去告诉他 我讨厌他 |
[34:30] | anything. | 什么都行 |
[34:32] | But I didn’t. | 但我没说 |
[34:33] | I just… | 我就那样… |
[34:35] | sat there, took it. | 坐在那里 接受了 |
[34:39] | Louis, | 路易 |
[34:42] | I’d like to try an exercise with you. | 我想和你试着做个训练 |
[34:44] | What kind of exercise? | 什么样的训练 |
[34:47] | Close your eyes. | 闭上眼睛 |
[34:49] | Now, | 现在 |
[34:51] | imagine you are walking down that hallway | 想象你正在和查斯走在学校走廊 |
[34:53] | with Chaz to the locker. | 走向器械室 |
[34:55] | I don’t want to. | 我不想这样 |
[34:57] | Trust me. | 相信我 |
[34:59] | Just try it, | 尝试一下 |
[35:01] | and, Louis, | 路易 |
[35:03] | I’d like you to envision yourself | 我希望你别把自己想象成 |
[35:06] | not as a young person, | 当时年轻的样子 |
[35:09] | but as you are now. | 而是想象成现在的样子 |
[35:11] | So… | 那么… |
[35:13] | tell me what you see. | 告诉我 你看到了什么 |
[35:25] | It’s horrible. | 太可怕了 |
[35:28] | I want to stop walking, but I can’t. | 我想停下脚步 但我做不到 |
[35:31] | My legs just keep going. | 我的腿就那样一直走着 |
[35:32] | I see people looking. | 我看见人们看向我 |
[35:35] | What a loser. | 真是个窝囊废 |
[35:36] | Some are laughing. | 有人在笑 |
[35:38] | Some don’t give a shit. | 有人压根不在乎 |
[35:42] | The worst are the ones who pity me. | 最糟的是有人在同情我 |
[35:49] | We get to the gym. | 我们走到了体育馆 |
[35:51] | It’s empty. | 空无一人 |
[35:55] | We walk up to the equipment locker. | 我们走向器械室 |
[35:59] | He opens the door. | 他打开门 |
[36:04] | I can’t stop my hand. | 我的手停不下来 |
[36:08] | I give him his homework. | 我把作业递给了他 |
[36:10] | I don’t want to go in there, | 我不想进那里去 |
[36:12] | but I just don’t have it in me to fight anymore. | 但我实在没有反抗的勇气了 |
[36:13] | Louis, I need you to go into that locker. | 路易 我要你走进那个器械室 |
[36:17] | I don’t want to. | 我不想 |
[36:18] | I know. | 我知道 |
[36:21] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[36:26] | Louis, one more thing. | 路易 还有件事 |
[36:41] | Okay, he’s in here with me now. | 好吧 现在他和我一起在这里 |
[36:43] | Good. Now, | 很好 现在 |
[36:44] | what would you like to say to him? | 你想对他说什么 |
[36:46] | – I don’t know. – Louis– | -我不知道 -路易 |
[36:47] | I am telling you, I don’t know. | 我跟你说了我不知道 |
[36:49] | I do. You signed a contract with me, | 我知道 你和我签过合同 |
[36:51] | and you didn’t live up to it. | 而你没能履行 |
[36:53] | I wanted to, but I couldn’t. | 我想履行 但我做不到 |
[36:54] | – Why not? – Because it’s not just | -为什么 -因为那不再只是 |
[36:56] | about my feelings anymore. | 关系到我的个人情感 |
[36:58] | It’s about Sheila, our future, having a baby. | 那关系到希拉 我们的未来和孩子 |
[37:00] | What good is having a baby if you can’t protect it? | 要是你都没法保护他 要孩子有什么用 |
[37:03] | That’s not fair. If I lashed out at Chaz, | 这么说不公平 要是我对查斯发火 |
[37:05] | I’d ruin our chance at having a child to protect. | 我连有孩子的机会都没有 更别提保护他 |
[37:07] | Bullshit. That’s just an excuse. | 瞎扯 那只是借口 |
[37:09] | You didn’t say anything to Chaz because you were afraid. | 你跟查斯什么都没说 是因为你害怕 |
[37:12] | – That’s not true. – You gave me your word. | -不是那样的 -你向我保证过的 |
[37:14] | The word of a stupid teenager | 那只是个蠢孩子的保证 |
[37:15] | that didn’t understand anything. | 他当时还什么都不懂 |
[37:17] | – I grew up! – You didn’t do anything | -我长大了 -你只不过 |
[37:19] | except let him humiliate us again, | 让他再次羞辱了我们 |
[37:21] | like you swore you would never do. | 你发过誓 再也不会如此的 |
[37:25] | You’re right. | 你说得对 |
[37:28] | I did. | 没错 |
[37:32] | I was afraid. | 我当时在害怕 |
[37:36] | I’m still afraid. I’ll always be afraid. | 现在还怕 我永远都会害怕 |
[37:39] | No, Louis, you won’t. | 不 路易 你不会的 |
[37:40] | You don’t have to be afraid of Chaz anymore. | 你不用再害怕查兹了 |
[37:43] | Why not? | 为什么 |
[37:44] | Because I just remembered another promise | 因为我刚刚想起你对我们做出的 |
[37:46] | we made to ourselves, | 另一个承诺 |
[37:48] | when we were all alone in here. | 就是我们单独在这里的时候 |
[37:50] | You mean, if no one was looking, | 你是说 如果没人在看 |
[37:51] | we should just go ahead and start– | 我们应该直接开始… |
[37:52] | – Not that one. – Don’t judge me. | -不是那个 -不许说我 |
[37:53] | We were in here a long time. | 我们一起在这里待了很久 |
[37:54] | I mean, we were in here in the dark, | 我是说我们一起待在黑暗中 |
[37:56] | wondering if we’d ever get out. | 不知道我们还能不能出去的时候 |
[37:58] | We started to cry, | 我们开始哭 |
[37:59] | and we made a promise to ourself | 然后我们向自己保证 |
[38:02] | that one day, | 如果有一天 |
[38:04] | if we ever have children, | 如果我们有了孩子 |
[38:06] | we’d teach our son to treat people with respect, | 我们一定要教那孩子尊重别人 |
[38:09] | and to never, ever be like Chaz. | 永远 不要像查兹那样 |
[38:13] | – I’d forgotten that. – So did I, | -我都忘了 -我之前也是 |
[38:15] | until you just admitted you were afraid too. | 直到你刚才承认你也害怕 |
[38:19] | If you don’t mind, | 要是你不介意 |
[38:21] | I’d like to break that contract | 我希望能违反那份合同上的跳跃 |
[38:22] | so I can keep that promise. | 以兑现那个承诺 |
[38:25] | I don’t mind. | 我不介意 |
[38:26] | – So it’s a deal? – Deal. | -那么一言为定 -一言为定 |
[38:32] | Jesus. So this is where it comes from. | 天哪 原来这就是一切的根源 |
[38:37] | Hey, look at that. | 瞧瞧 |
[38:39] | The door’s open. | 门开了 |
[38:43] | Come on, what do you say we get out of here? | 走吧 我们一起出去怎么样 |
[38:56] | I don’t know what to say, Stan. | 我不知道该说什么 斯坦 |
[39:00] | I never would’ve remembered that promise without you. | 没有你 我永远想不起那个承诺 |
[39:02] | I just helped you see that a part of you | 我只是帮助你意识到了你的一部分 |
[39:04] | has always still been in that locker, | 其实一直还在那个器械室 |
[39:06] | and what you needed | 而你需要的 |
[39:08] | was someone to be in there with you. | 只是有个人进去陪你 |
[39:10] | – You mean you? – No, Louis. | -你是说你吗 -不 路易 |
[39:12] | I mean you. | 我是说你 |
[39:21] | Stop right there. I want to take this in. | 就站在那里 我想好好看看 |
[39:24] | Samantha Wheeler, coming in to kiss my ring. | 萨曼莎·惠勒 来认输了 |
[39:26] | I’m not kissing shit. | 我才不是来认输的 |
[39:29] | I’m coming to give you this. | 我只是来给你这个 |
[39:31] | My ring or my ass. | 不认输就滚蛋 |
[39:33] | I don’t care. I win either way. | 我无所谓 反正我赢了 |
[39:36] | No, Betty Palmer wins, | 不 赢的是贝蒂·帕尔默 |
[39:37] | because she’s the one | 因为她才是 |
[39:38] | who’s going to represent this client. | 将要成为客户律师的人 |
[39:40] | You want to try that again? | 再说一遍 |
[39:41] | I said, | 我说 |
[39:43] | Betty is the one getting this client, | 拿到客户的是贝蒂 |
[39:45] | and the only reason I’m bringing their file here | 而我之所以把文件拿来这里 |
[39:47] | instead of to her office | 而不是直接给她 |
[39:48] | is because I don’t think the one you gave her | 是因为我觉得你给她的文件 |
[39:51] | is big enough | 不够多 |
[39:52] | for someone who’s about to make senior partner. | 对一个即将成为资深合伙人的人来说 |
[39:54] | I don’t think you quite get how losing works. | 我觉得你可能不懂输是什么意思 |
[39:56] | You see, you don’t get to dictate the terms. | 是这样的 输家没有发言权 |
[39:58] | I didn’t lose, Eric. | 我没输 艾瑞克 |
[40:00] | I chose not to fight anymore, | 我只是选择了休战 |
[40:01] | but I could change my mind. | 但我也可以改主意 |
[40:02] | Bullshit. | 胡扯 |
[40:03] | You’re trying to ease your guilt | 你是想消除愧疚感 |
[40:05] | about screwing over a woman | 因为你坑了一个 |
[40:07] | who was trying to do the right thing. | 想做好事的女人 |
[40:08] | You’re right. I am. | 你说的对 是的 |
[40:10] | And you have no idea | 你根本不知道 |
[40:11] | how much losing this client is going to cost me, | 失去这个客户我损失多惨重 |
[40:14] | but Betty does, | 但贝蒂知道 |
[40:17] | which means she’d be more than happy | 也就是说她会很乐意 |
[40:19] | to dig through your files | 细细梳理你的文件 |
[40:20] | and find my original billing sheet– | 找到我原本的请款单 |
[40:22] | you know, the one that can get you kicked out of the bar. | 你知道的 能让你被吊销执照的那张 |
[40:27] | Eric, you said | 艾瑞克 你说过 |
[40:28] | if I brought the client over, this would be over. | 只要我把客户带来 这件事就结束 |
[40:30] | It’s not my fault you’re a shitty negotiator. | 你自己没沟通技巧不是我的错 |
[40:33] | So make Betty a senior partner and move on, | 所以让贝蒂当资深合伙人 这事就算完 |
[40:35] | or this firm is gonna lose another name off its wall, | 否则这家律所就要再走一个冠名合伙人了 |
[40:38] | and this time, it’ll be yours. | 而这次 走的会是你 |
[40:47] | Gretchen, can I talk to you for a second? | 格蕾琴 能跟你说两句话吗 |
[40:49] | – Don’t tell me. – You were right. | -别告诉我 -你是对的 |
[40:52] | They did demand that Alex fire you. | 他们确实要求亚历克斯解雇你了 |
[40:55] | He refused. | 他拒绝了 |
[40:56] | No. | 不 |
[40:59] | I can’t let that happen. | 我不能让这种事发生 |
[41:00] | What? | 什么 |
[41:01] | I’m going to tell Robert it was my fault. | 我要告诉罗伯特都是我的错 |
[41:03] | I’ll retire. | 我会退休 |
[41:05] | Maybe that’ll save Alex’s client. | 也许这能保住亚历克斯的客户 |
[41:07] | Gretchen, what happened was as much my fault as yours. | 格蕾琴 这件事更该怪我而不是你 |
[41:09] | Alex was right. I-I should’ve followed up with Leroy. | 亚历克斯是对的 我应该跟勒罗伊确认一下 |
[41:12] | It was a simple mistake. | 那只是个小错误 |
[41:13] | And I should’ve been able to fix it! | 而我本应该可以亡羊补牢的 |
[41:19] | I tried to call in every favor I could. | 我找了我能找的所有关系 |
[41:23] | That woman laughed me out of the office. | 那女人把我扔出了办公室 |
[41:27] | And I always told myself, when I ran out of juice, | 我一直跟我自己说 等我无路可走时 |
[41:30] | I’d hang it up. | 我就洗手不干了 |
[41:33] | Well, turns out, I’m squeezed dry. | 现在看来 我的人脉已经用尽了 |
[41:39] | Gretchen, I can’t tell you when it’s time, | 格蕾琴 我没法告诉你 你该何时退休 |
[41:43] | but I can tell you that it took | 但我可以告诉你 |
[41:45] | Mike going to prison for Harvey | 是迈克进了监狱才让哈维意识到 |
[41:47] | to learn that some mistakes can’t be fixed, | 有些错误没办法弥补 |
[41:49] | and I’ll tell you something else. | 而且我再告诉你一件事 |
[41:50] | The night that Mike went away, | 迈克离开的那晚 |
[41:52] | Harvey thought about hanging it up, too, | 哈维也想过洗手不干 |
[41:54] | but if he tapped out, he couldn’t fight | 但如果他真的那么做了 就没办法 |
[41:55] | to get Mike out, and deep down, he knew | 救迈克出来 而内心深处他知道 |
[41:58] | that he still had a lot of fight left in him. | 他还没有竭尽全力 |
[42:02] | What if I don’t? | 如果我已力竭呢 |
[42:04] | You wouldn’t be telling me this if you didn’t, | 要是没有 我们就不会有这段对话了 |
[42:06] | because offering to retire | 因为提出退休 |
[42:07] | is just another way of fighting to fix it. | 不过是你尽力弥补问题的另一种方法 |
[42:13] | How am I supposed to look Alex in the eye tomorrow? | 我该怎么面对亚历克斯 |
[42:16] | You just do it, | 迎面而上就好 |
[42:18] | and it’ll be okay, | 一切都会好的 |
[42:21] | because someone who would offer to pack it in for him | 因为没有多少人 |
[42:22] | doesn’t come around very often. | 会愿意为他辞职 |
[42:24] | In fact, when he finds out about it, | 事实上 等他知道的时候 |
[42:26] | I bet he is in my office bright and early, | 我打赌他会一大早来我办公室 |
[42:28] | saying you should get a raise. | 告诉我你该加薪 |
[42:29] | You’re saying you’re willing to give me a raise? | 你是说你要给我加薪吗 |
[42:32] | No. You just lost this firm a huge client. | 当然不 你刚让律所失去了一个大客户 |
[42:35] | Thanks, Red. | 谢谢 红发妞 |
[42:39] | I hope that when you’re thinking about packing it in, | 我希望哪天你想放弃时 |
[42:42] | you have someone like you | 你也能有个 |
[42:43] | to talk you out of it too. | 像你一样的人 去说服你不要放弃 |
[42:47] | Gretchen | 格蕾琴 |
[42:50] | get yourself on over here. | 抱一个 |
[42:57] | Is it done? | 事情了结了吗 |
[42:59] | It’s done. | 了结了 |
[43:02] | For what it’s worth, | 无论如何 |
[43:04] | we threw some good punches. | 我们合作得不错 |
[43:06] | Just doesn’t feel that way. | 我怎么没这种感觉呢 |
[43:07] | Well, maybe that’s a good thing. | 也许那是好事 |
[43:10] | How’s that? | 为什么 |
[43:11] | Because the next time Kaldor comes around, | 因为下次考德再来 |
[43:13] | you’re gonna remember how this felt. | 你会想起这种感觉 |
[43:17] | What do you say we hit the gym | 你说我们一起去健身房 |
[43:19] | and go a few rounds? | 过两招怎么样 |
[43:20] | – Not tonight. – Why not? | -今晚算了 -为什么 |
[43:23] | Because I’d feel bad | 因为如果我赔了客户又让你赢 |
[43:24] | that I’d lost a client, and I’d let you win, | 我会不开心 |
[43:27] | and I don’t want to let you win. | 而我不想让着你 |
[43:29] | You really think you can beat me, don’t you? | 你真觉得自己能赢我是吗 |
[43:31] | I know I can. | 我知道我能赢 |
[43:32] | Isn’t that what you thought about Eric Kaldor? | 你面对艾瑞克·考德好像也是这么想的 |
[43:34] | That’s different, and you know it. | 那不一样 你很清楚 |
[43:37] | Let me tell you something, Samantha. | 我告诉你 萨曼莎 |
[43:40] | I never thought I could lose | 我从来没想过我会输 |
[43:41] | until Mike Ross went to prison. | 直到迈克·罗斯进了监狱 |
[43:44] | I still don’t ever think I’m gonna lose, | 我现在依然觉得我不会输 |
[43:46] | but… | 但是 |
[43:48] | I know in the back of my mind that one time I did. | 我心里知道 我输过一次的 |
[43:51] | It’s just a thought. | 只是个想法而已 |
[43:54] | I’ll keep that in mind. | 我会记住的 |
[43:57] | Good night, Harvey. | 晚安 哈维 |
[43:58] | Good night, Samantha. | 晚安 萨曼莎 |
[44:02] | Harvey? | 哈维 |
[44:04] | Just so you know, | 只是想说 |
[44:05] | if I had another chance to keep an innocent woman | 如果下次我还能帮无辜的人的脱罪 |
[44:07] | out of prison, I’d do it again. | 我还会那么做的 |
[44:10] | That’s between you and your maker, | 那就是你自己的事了 |
[44:12] | but if there is a next time, | 但如果还有下次 |
[44:14] | how about you make sure there aren’t any Betty Palmers? | 确保没有像贝蒂·帕尔默这样的人在好吗 |