时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:02] | There was a guard who was getting suspicious | 一个警卫对监狱的事情 |
[00:04] | of what was going on in there. | 起了疑心 |
[00:05] | They wanted me to put him down. | 他们想让我解决了他 |
[00:06] | I told them I wouldn’t do it | 我跟他们说我不做 |
[00:08] | until whoever was running the show came to me directly. | 直到他们的老大直接找到了我 |
[00:11] | And who exactly was that? | 那人是谁 |
[00:12] | Roger Shapiro– CEO of Reform Corp. | 罗杰·夏皮罗 改造公司的首席执行官 |
[00:15] | – And then what happened? – I killed him. | -然后发生了什么 -我杀了他 |
[00:18] | So you two are in on this together. | 所以你俩是合起伙来整我是吗 |
[00:19] | I have no idea what you’re talking about. | 我不知道你在说什么 |
[00:21] | You’re never gonna pull this shit again on prisoners. | 你从此以后再不能对犯人做这种烂事 |
[00:24] | That’s a signed confession from Roger Shapiro, | 这是罗杰·夏皮罗的签字认罪书 |
[00:26] | saying he entered into a conspiracy | 上面写着他参与了阴谋 |
[00:28] | and that conspiracy was arranged by you. | 而这阴谋就是你一手策划的 |
[00:30] | I’m not going to stand here | 你们也不能站这儿 |
[00:32] | and write my resignation letter in front of you two. | 等我写辞职信吧 |
[00:34] | What’s going on with you and Brian? | 你和布莱恩是怎么回事 |
[00:35] | Donna, he’s married. I would never do it. | 唐娜 他结婚了 我决不会那么做的 |
[00:37] | I know, but I also know that the heart doesn’t always listen | 我知道 但我也知道并不是 |
[00:40] | to what the brain says it would never do. | 大脑说决不能如何 心就会照办的 |
[00:42] | – Denise Gallo? – Who are you? | -丹妮斯·加洛吗 -你是谁 |
[00:43] | Someone who knew your father. He wanted you to have this. | 认识你父亲的一个人 他要我把这个给你 |
[00:46] | – Did you know? – Know what? | -你知不知道 -知道什么 |
[00:47] | That Gavin Andrews was gonna ask me to launder money for him? | 盖文·安德鲁斯本来要找我给他洗钱 |
[00:50] | I knew he was gonna ask you to do something. | 我知道他有事找你做 |
[00:51] | Help me get out of this. | 帮我脱身 |
[00:53] | What the hell did you do with my money? | 你用我的钱干了什么 |
[00:54] | I found you a legitimate business opportunity. | 我给你找到了一个合法的商业机会 |
[00:56] | – You’re fired. – I don’t think so. | -你被炒了 -我不这么觉得 |
[00:57] | Because if I can do this to you, | 因为如果我能对你做这些 |
[00:59] | imagine what I can do for you. | 想象一下我能为你做什么吧 |
[01:09] | – Hello. – There you are. | -你好 -总算打通了 |
[01:10] | What the hell time do you get to the office? | 你什么时候来办公室 |
[01:12] | I’m at my desk ten minutes before I need to be every morning, | 我每天早上提前十分钟到办公室 |
[01:14] | which means you tracked me down. | 这意味着你已经找过我了 |
[01:16] | The question is, why? | 问题是 你有什么事 |
[01:17] | Because we’ve got a situation. | 因为我们有麻烦了 |
[01:19] | – What did you do now? – I didn’t do anything. | -你做了什么 -我什么也没做 |
[01:21] | One of my transport flights was carrying some art. | 我有架运输机运了几幅画 |
[01:23] | Apparently the hull depressurized, | 由于舱体失压 |
[01:25] | and one of the pieces got damaged. | 其中一幅被损坏了 |
[01:26] | – What kind of art? – The expensive kind. | -什么样的画 -很名贵的那种 |
[01:29] | Well, then it had to be insured, so what’s the problem? | 那它一定上保险了吧 问题出在哪 |
[01:31] | The problem is the insurance inspector just left here, | 问题是保险理赔员刚走 |
[01:33] | and the son of a bitch has got the balls to say | 那个混蛋竟然撂下狠话 |
[01:35] | they’d be suing me for the damages. | 说他们要因损坏起诉我 |
[01:37] | All right, I’ll get into it. Who’s the insurance company? | 没事 我来处理 是哪家保险公司 |
[01:39] | – Dexhart Insurance Group. – Shit. | -德克哈特保险集团 -该死 |
[01:42] | What’s the matter? Is that gonna be a problem? | 出了什么事 有什么问题吗 |
[01:44] | Just tell me, have they filed the papers yet? | 先告诉我 他们提交起诉文件了吗 |
[01:46] | Why do you think I’m calling you this early? | 不然我干嘛大清早给你打电话 |
[01:54] | Louis. | 路易 |
[01:55] | This is silly. Where are you taking me? | 这太傻了 你要带我去哪儿 |
[01:57] | Relax. We’re there. | 放松 我们到了 |
[01:58] | Then can I take off this blindfold? | 我能把眼罩摘了吗 |
[02:00] | No. Not until you guess exactly where we are right now. | 不能 除非你能猜到我们现在在哪儿 |
[02:05] | We’re in my new office. | 我们在我的新办公室 |
[02:06] | What the fuck, how could you know that? | 你怎么 你怎么会知道 |
[02:07] | Because you told me I’d make senior partner next quarter, | 因为你告诉过我 下季度我要升资深合伙人 |
[02:09] | and it’s next quarter. | 如今时间到了 |
[02:10] | Now can I take this blindfold off? | 我现在能把眼罩摘了吧 |
[02:12] | Holy shit, you just suck the fun out of everything, don’t you? | 该死 你这么一来就没意思了 不是吗 |
[02:16] | In that case, | 这样的话 |
[02:18] | I have dreamt about making senior partner | 我从九岁的时候 |
[02:20] | since I was nine years old. | 就梦想成为资深合伙人 |
[02:23] | You not only fought for me to get this… | 你不仅帮我达成了这个心愿… |
[02:26] | I wouldn’t even be at this firm without you. | 如果不是你 我都进不了这家律所 |
[02:29] | And on top of all that, Louis… | 最重要的是 路易… |
[02:32] | this office is the most beautiful thing I’ve ever seen. | 这间办公室是我见过最美的地方 |
[02:38] | All right. I was wrong. | 好吧 是我错了 |
[02:40] | You don’t suck the fun out of anything. | 你还是蛮有意思的 |
[02:43] | Thank you, Louis. Thank you for fighting for me. | 谢谢你 路易 谢谢你为我争取 |
[02:49] | – Samantha, we need to talk. – Let me guess– | -萨曼莎 我们得谈谈 -我猜猜 |
[02:51] | – Gavin called you. – He did. | -盖文给你打电话了 -没错 |
[02:53] | Then you know we have a conflict, | 那你应该知道我们有利益冲突 |
[02:54] | which means one of us has to drop their client. | 这就意味着我们中有一人要放弃自己的客户 |
[02:56] | So do you have Gavin’s private line, | 所以你有盖文的私人联系方式吗 |
[02:57] | or do you need me to give it to you? | 还是需要我告诉你 |
[02:58] | I don’t need anything, because you’re gonna call up | 我什么也不需要 因为你会打电话 |
[03:00] | Dexhart Insurance and tell them you can’t handle | 给德克哈特保险 告诉他们你不能接手 |
[03:02] | – this particular matter. – Are you kidding me? | -这件案子 -你在跟我开玩笑吗 |
[03:03] | You wouldn’t even have Gavin if it weren’t for me. | 如果不是因为我 盖文不可能成为你的客户 |
[03:05] | It doesn’t matter how I got him–I’m not dropping him. | 我怎么签下他的不重要 我不能丢下他 |
[03:07] | Alex, I told you, | 亚历克斯 我告诉过你 |
[03:08] | the guy isn’t worth the trouble. | 那家伙不值得你惹祸上身 |
[03:09] | View this is an opportunity | 把这件事当成一个摆脱他 |
[03:10] | to cut him loose and be done with it. | 和他划清界限的机会 |
[03:11] | Wait a second. Did your client say they wanted to sue mine, | 等等 是你的客户说 他们想起诉我们 |
[03:14] | – or did you suggest it to them? – What difference does it make? | -还是你建议他们这么做 -这有区别吗 |
[03:16] | The difference is I thought we were past this. | 区别在于 我以为我们已经讲和了 |
[03:18] | But if this is how you’re making your play for name partner, | 倘若这是你为了当上冠名合伙人而玩的把戏 |
[03:20] | – it’s not gonna work. – The only play I’m making | -那是没用的 -我唯一玩的把戏就是 |
[03:21] | is to protect my client from yours, | 保护我的客户免受你的客户伤害 |
[03:23] | because Gavin sabotaged that plane, | 因为是盖文蓄意破坏的那架飞机 |
[03:25] | and I know that because I know everything else he’s done. | 肯定是他 我了解他干的那些事 |
[03:27] | And you just admitted using privileged information | 你刚刚自己承认了 你利用保密信息 |
[03:29] | against a former client. | 来对付前客户 |
[03:30] | And I could have you tossed off this just for that. | 我用这个就能把你从这案子里撵出去 |
[03:32] | You mean information like using a member | 你是说类似利用你客户的家人 |
[03:33] | of your client’s family against them? | 来对付你的客户这种保密信息吗 |
[03:35] | That’s not breaking privilege, and you know it. | 那不算泄露保密信息 你明知道 |
[03:36] | And neither is catching that asshole | 在那混蛋干坏事时抓个现行 |
[03:37] | with his hand in the cookie jar. | 也不算是泄露保密信息 |
[03:38] | Cut the bullshit, Samantha, and step out of the ring, | 废话少说 萨曼莎 别管这事 |
[03:40] | because this isn’t happening no matter how much you want it to. | 因为无论你有多想 这事都不可能发生 |
[03:42] | I don’t want it. My client does. | 不是我想做 是我的客户想 |
[03:44] | And I’ve never stepped out of a ring in my life. | 并且我这辈子都不会不战而退 |
[03:46] | So either call Gavin or someone can do it for you, | 所以你要么打电话给盖文 要么找人顶替你 |
[03:49] | because this case is moving forward. | 因为这官司必须打下去 |
[04:01] | Nice home you’ve made for yourself here, Robert. | 你给自己搭了个不错的窝啊 罗伯特 |
[04:03] | Nicer than the home you should have, Tommy, | 起码比你应该住的地方强 汤米 |
[04:06] | since you belong in prison. | 因为你该进监狱 |
[04:07] | Funny you should say that, | 你居然提起这个 这可真有趣 |
[04:08] | ’cause that’s exactly why I’m here. | 因为我正是为此事而来 |
[04:10] | What are you talking about? | 你说什么呢 |
[04:11] | I’m talking about the fact that | 我说的是你把我 |
[04:12] | you’re sitting pretty in this firm | 赶出我的律所后 |
[04:13] | after you forced me out of mine. | 在这家律所高枕无忧的事 |
[04:15] | You’re lucky that’s all I did, | 我只把你撵出去算你走运 |
[04:16] | because you’re responsible for the deaths of multiple inmates. | 因为你要为数名囚犯的死负责 |
[04:19] | – According to you. – According to Frank Gallo. | -你一面之词罢了 -弗兰克·加洛供认的 |
[04:21] | That’s right, you got him on tape saying | 对 你让他在摄像头前说 |
[04:23] | what monsters we all are. | 我们干了多么可怕的事 |
[04:25] | And then you used it to blackmail me | 然后你用录像来要挟我 |
[04:27] | into early retirement. | 提前退休 |
[04:28] | But that gave me plenty of time to think. | 但退休给了我充足的思考时间 |
[04:31] | Why the hell would Frank Gallo cooperate with you | 弗兰克·加洛为什么会和你们合作 |
[04:33] | if it meant admitting to murder? | 他可是承认了谋杀罪啊 |
[04:35] | What are you getting at, Tommy? | 你想说什么 汤米 |
[04:37] | You and this firm offered Frank Gallo money for his daughter | 你和律所给他钱来供养女儿 |
[04:41] | in exchange for fabricated testimony | 以此来换他做伪证 |
[04:43] | that you used to leverage me. | 你再用伪造的证词来要挟我 |
[04:45] | Now I’m here to make you pay. | 现在我来找你算账了 |
[04:49] | You’re coming at us to get revenge | 你为了一些你确实做过的事情 |
[04:51] | for something you actually did. | 来找我们复仇 |
[04:52] | I’m coming at you for what’s owed to me, | 我是来讨回本该属于我的东西 |
[04:55] | which is the compensation for the firm that I lost. | 也就是我失去律所的赔偿 |
[04:57] | And how about you compensate the families | 你又要怎么补偿 |
[04:59] | of the people that you had killed? | 你所杀害的人的家人呢 |
[05:01] | Because the only thing that you are owed | 因为你唯一应得的 |
[05:03] | are a pair of prison stripes. | 就是一副镣铐 |
[05:05] | And if you do this, I promise you’ll get them. | 你要是起诉我们 我保证你会戴上的 |
[05:07] | Robert, if I wanted empty threats, | 罗伯特 我想听虚言恫吓的话 |
[05:09] | I would have brought this right to Harvey. | 我还不如直接带这个去找哈维呢 |
[05:11] | But I didn’t, because I wanted to be here | 但我没去找他 因为我想在这里看看 |
[05:14] | to see the look on your face when you realized | 当你意识到 我要以其人之道还治其人之身 |
[05:16] | I’m going to take you all down… | 把你们统统干掉时 |
[05:18] | just like you did to me. | 你脸上的表情 |
[05:24] | * See the money, wanna stay for your meal * | *看到钱 就愿意留下吃饭* |
[05:28] | * Get another piece of pie for your wife * | *给你太太再拿块馅饼* |
[05:31] | * Everybody wanna know how it feel * | *所有人都想知道那感觉* |
[05:34] | * Everybody wanna see what it’s like * | *所有人都想见见那景象* |
[05:38] | * I’ll even eat a bean pie, I don’t mind * | *豆子馅饼我也愿吃 我不在乎* |
[05:41] | * Me and Missy is so busy, busy making money * | *我和妹子忙着赚钱* |
[05:45] | * All right * | *好了* |
[05:46] | * All step back, I’m ’bout to dance * | *退开点 我要跳舞* |
[05:52] | * The greenback boogie * | *美钞爵士摇摇摇* |
[05:57] | Let me get this straight. | 我来捋一捋 |
[05:58] | Tommy Bratton is accusing us of conspiracy | 汤米·布莱顿要以共谋起诉我们 |
[06:01] | and suing us for $20 million. | 并要求两千万赔偿金 |
[06:02] | Blackmailing us for $20 million. | 是勒索我们两千万 |
[06:04] | Call it whatever you want. | 你们想怎么说都行 |
[06:05] | I’m not giving that son of a bitch one nickel. | 我反正不会给那孙子一分钱 |
[06:07] | Well, what are we going to do, Robert? | 我们要怎么做 罗伯特 |
[06:08] | Because, I hate to say it | 因为 虽然我不想这么说 |
[06:09] | — we did conspire with you. | 但我们的确和你串通了 |
[06:10] | I’ll tell you what we’re going to do. | 我来告诉你我们要怎么办 |
[06:11] | We’re gonna go through every piece | 我们要筛查那件案子前后 |
[06:13] | of communication on that case | 我们每次对话的记录 |
[06:14] | and make sure there’s nothing linking me to this firm. | 确保没有任何证据可以把我和律所联系起来 |
[06:17] | Robert, I went to your house. | 罗伯特 我是去你家谈的 |
[06:18] | Mike went to your house. | 迈克是去你家谈的 |
[06:20] | We never exchanged one email, phone call. | 我们一封邮件都没发过 一通电话都没打过 |
[06:23] | We’re good. | 我们安稳无虞 |
[06:23] | And I don’t feel like risking my future on your memory. | 我可不想把我的未来押注在你的回忆上 |
[06:26] | Wait a minute. | 等等 |
[06:27] | Maybe we don’t have to risk anything on anything. | 也许我们压根不用押注 |
[06:29] | What are you talking about? | 你说什么 |
[06:30] | I’m talking about someone close to Bratton | 我说的是某个和布莱顿关系亲密的人 |
[06:32] | who might be able to stop this thing dead in its tracks. | 他也许能把这麻烦扼杀在摇篮中 |
[06:34] | – Eli Gould. – Exactly. | -伊莱·古尔德 -没错 |
[06:35] | He was Bratton’s partner, | 他是布莱顿以前的合伙人 |
[06:36] | and what’s more– Alex got him on tape | 更重要的是 亚历克斯有他的录音 |
[06:38] | admitting that he committed a disbarrable offense. | 他亲口承认自己做了可以吊销执照的事 |
[06:40] | Which means you’ve been dangling a sword | 就是说你们手里一直 |
[06:42] | over his head ever since. | 捏着他的把柄 |
[06:43] | And guess what. I got the sword right here. | 你猜怎么着 把柄就在这里 |
[06:45] | That settles it. We have our game plan. | 就这么定了 这就是我们的反击策略 |
[06:48] | Hold on. If this thing goes to trial, | 等等 如果这事闹上法庭 |
[06:50] | couldn’t Bratton end up in prison? | 布莱顿难道不会坐牢吗 |
[06:51] | What are you getting at, Donna? | 你想说什么 唐娜 |
[06:53] | Why would he risk that just to get revenge? | 为什么他会赌上一切只为报仇 |
[06:55] | Because people do crazy things | 因为死猪不怕开水烫 |
[06:57] | when they think they’ve lost everything. | 人在一无所有的时候就会破罐子破摔 |
[06:58] | Now let’s get to it. | 现在行动吧 |
[07:00] | We’ve all got something to do. | 我们都各自有活儿要干 |
[07:07] | Samantha, whatever it is, now is not the time. | 萨曼莎 不管是什么事 现在时机不合适 |
[07:09] | Too bad. We have a problem, | 那太糟了 我们有麻烦了 |
[07:11] | and his name is Gavin Andrews. | 他的名字叫盖文·安德鲁斯 |
[07:12] | Oh, what now with that man? | 他现在又想怎样 |
[07:14] | Long story short– Dexhart Insurance | 长话短说 德克哈特保险集团 |
[07:16] | needs to sue Starboard Airlines. | 要告右舷航空公司 |
[07:18] | And how exactly is that supposed to happen | 这两家都是我们的客户 |
[07:20] | when we represent them both? | 这官司要怎么打 |
[07:22] | Why do you think I’m here? | 不然你以为我来这干什么 |
[07:23] | Oh, you better not be here to get me | 你最好不是来让我下令 |
[07:24] | to tell Alex to drop his client. | 让亚历克斯放弃他的客户 |
[07:26] | Robert, you know Gavin is not worth the headache. | 罗伯特 你知道盖文不值得我们费心 |
[07:28] | – He needs to go. – Here’s a better idea. | -必须放弃他 -我有个更好的主意 |
[07:30] | Since you and Alex each just lost a client, | 既然你和亚历克斯都刚失去了一个客户 |
[07:32] | these two clients stay. | 不如保住这两个 |
[07:35] | What? | 什么 |
[07:36] | You think I wouldn’t find out about that Rand Kaldor shit? | 你以为我不知道兰德·考德律所那破事吗 |
[07:39] | – Robert, I was gonna– – Listen to me. | -罗伯特 我打算 -听我说 |
[07:41] | This firm is under attack. We can’t do this right now. | 律所正处在危险中 不能起内讧 |
[07:44] | What do you mean under attack? | 处在危险中 什么意思 |
[07:46] | That’s none of your concern. | 不关你的事 |
[07:47] | What is your concern is fixing this situation. | 你只要留住这两个客户就可以了 |
[07:50] | And how do we do that when neither client is gonna back down? | 但两方都不愿意妥协 我们该怎么办 |
[07:53] | I’ll tell you how–you and Alex stop acting like children. | 我告诉你 你和亚历克斯别再过家家了 |
[07:55] | Get your clients in a room and get them to settle. | 让你们俩的客户坐下来和解 |
[07:58] | And what do you propose we do when that doesn’t work? | 如果这个方案不成 那该怎么办 |
[08:00] | Samantha, instead of taking up more time that I don’t have, | 萨曼莎 我没功夫跟你在这废话 |
[08:03] | I propose you make it work. | 我建议你想办法把事搞定 |
[08:13] | Good morning, Katrina. | 早上好 卡特里娜 |
[08:14] | Can I help you with something? | 有什么能为你效劳的吗 |
[08:15] | If this conversation goes as planned, | 如果咱俩谈得顺利 |
[08:17] | you’re going to be helping me with a lot of things. | 你将能帮我做很多事情 |
[08:19] | I don’t understand. | 我不明白 |
[08:21] | I just made senior partner. | 我刚成了资深合伙人 |
[08:25] | – So it’s official? – It’s official. | -正式上任了吗 -是的 |
[08:27] | And, as my first act, | 我的第一步 |
[08:29] | Brian Simon Altman, | 布莱恩·西蒙·阿特曼 |
[08:31] | will you be my associate? | 你愿意成为我的助理律师吗 |
[08:33] | Katrina, I’m honored. | 卡特里娜 我很荣幸 |
[08:36] | But before I answer, | 但在我回答前 |
[08:37] | are you sure the two of us working so closely together | 你确定我俩这样密切合作 |
[08:40] | is a good idea? | 是个好主意吗 |
[08:43] | What? | 什么 |
[08:44] | I mean, we’ve become good friends, | 我是说 我们是好朋友 |
[08:46] | so it might get complicated if I officially work for you. | 如果我正式为你工作 事情可能变得复杂 |
[08:50] | I appreciate that, Brian, | 谢谢你的周全考虑 布莱恩 |
[08:51] | but I’m okay with it if you are. | 但如果你可以 我也没问题 |
[08:53] | In that case, I would love to be your associate. | 那我非常愿意成为你的助理律师 |
[08:56] | Then I suggest we start with some ground rules. | 那我建议我们先订些基本规矩吧 |
[08:59] | First, every day you get here before everyone else. | 首先 每天你都要来得最早 |
[09:01] | – Done. – Next, power ties only. | -没问题 -其次 只戴战斗领带 |
[09:03] | Not any of the ties I have ever seen you wear. | 而不是之前你戴过的那些 |
[09:05] | I’ve been meaning to replace my entire collection anyway. | 我也正想给自己的领带来个大换血 |
[09:07] | Finally, I don’t want a yes-man. | 最后 我不要一个好好先生 |
[09:10] | So I don’t care what the topic is– | 不管是什么事情 |
[09:12] | if you disagree with me, I want you to push back | 如果你有异议 我希望你提出 |
[09:15] | whether it’ll piss me off or not. | 无论那些话会不会让我生气 |
[09:17] | Are we clear? | 明白了吗 |
[09:18] | If I say yes to that, that would mean I’m being a yes-man, | 如果我说好 那我就成了好好先生了 |
[09:21] | so I don’t know what to do right now. | 所以现在我有点不知所措 |
[09:23] | I’ll tell you what you’re gonna do. | 那我来告诉你 |
[09:25] | You’re gonna help me win the case that’s gonna put us on the map. | 你要帮我赢这案子 让我们一举成名 |
[09:35] | Do you have a second? | 你有时间吗 |
[09:36] | Only if you have an hour to go through that box over there. | 除非你有时间读完那一大箱子资料 |
[09:40] | Actually, I think I may have a better way to spend my time. | 事实上 我有更好的方法来打发我的时间 |
[09:42] | Okay. | 行吧 |
[09:43] | What’s going on in that brain of yours? | 你的小脑瓜里在想些什么 |
[09:45] | I didn’t want to say it in the room, | 刚才我不想在会议室说 |
[09:46] | but I don’t think Eli Gould is the only person | 但我觉得伊莱·古尔德不该 |
[09:48] | we should be going to right now. | 是我们唯一的出路 |
[09:50] | We need to pay a visit to Gallo’s daughter. | 我们还得去见下加洛的女儿 |
[09:52] | You think she knows something that can help us. | 你觉得她知道些能帮我们的东西 |
[09:54] | I don’t know what she knows. | 我不确定她知道什么 |
[09:56] | But we better find out, because there’s a chance | 但我们最好搞清楚 因为有可能 |
[09:58] | that Bratton has her in his pocket. | 布莱顿也给她洗脑了 |
[09:59] | And who knows what lies he told to get her there? | 谁知道他说了什么谎话来骗她呢 |
[10:01] | You’re right. I’ll go there right now. | 你是对的 我现在就去 |
[10:04] | No, no, no. That’s what I’m trying to tell you. | 不不不 我正想告诉你这个 |
[10:05] | It can’t be you. | 不能你去 |
[10:07] | Donna, I know you’re a part of the firm’s leadership, but– | 唐娜 我知道你属于律所领导层的一部分 |
[10:09] | Harvey, if Bratton has convinced her of some bullshit, | 哈维 如果布莱登给她洗脑了 |
[10:12] | then it’s gonna be next to impossible to change her mind. | 那几乎不可能让她回心转意 |
[10:15] | And the man who put her father away in the first place | 而在一开始把她父亲关起来的人 |
[10:17] | isn’t the one to do that. | 更加做不到这点 |
[10:19] | You’re right. Do what you can. | 你是对的 尽你所能吧 |
[10:30] | Oh, finally. | 终于找到你了 |
[10:31] | – I’ve been looking for you. – Why? | -我到处找你 -怎么了 |
[10:33] | You got another lawsuit to drop? | 你还有别的案子要放弃吗 |
[10:34] | Actually, I have a settlement to reach. | 事实上 我想达成和解 |
[10:37] | Are they putting something in this coffee? | 他们是不是在咖啡里下了药 |
[10:39] | Because it sounds like you’re backing off. | 听上去你好像让步了 |
[10:40] | Alex, Robert doesn’t want either one of us | 亚历克斯 罗伯特不希望 |
[10:42] | losing any more business right now. | 我们中的任何一人再丢客户 |
[10:44] | You mean you asked him to make me drop Gavin, and he said no. | 你是说你想让他叫我放弃盖文 他不同意 |
[10:46] | The important thing is | 重要的是 |
[10:47] | keeping both clients wasn’t a request. | 保住双方的客户不是个请求 |
[10:49] | It was an order. | 而是命令 |
[10:51] | Which means we need to figure out a way to stay out of court. | 也就是说我们要想办法不闹上法庭 |
[10:53] | – We do. – Well… | -是的 -这个嘛 |
[10:55] | I’m not selling out my client just to please Robert Zane, | 我不会为取悦罗伯特·赞恩而出卖我的客户 |
[10:57] | so what exactly are you suggesting? | 所以你建议怎么做 |
[11:00] | I’m suggesting that we do what two people that like to go to war | 我建议我们学习下好战之人的 |
[11:02] | sometimes have to do– find a way to make peace. | 妥协策略 想办法和解 |
[11:11] | Eli. | 伊莱 |
[11:13] | I hope you don’t mind– your wife let me in. | 我希望你不介意 你妻子让我进来的 |
[11:14] | Louis Litt. | 路易·利特 |
[11:16] | You’ve got some balls coming to my house. | 敢来我家算你有种 |
[11:18] | I knew you might not like it, | 我知道你可能不大喜欢 |
[11:19] | which is why I brought you a gift. | 所以我给你带了礼物 |
[11:22] | Is that what I think it is? | 这是我想的那个东西吗 |
[11:24] | If you think it’s the only copy | 如果你觉得这是 |
[11:25] | of the recording Alex Williams made of you that night, | 那晚亚历克斯·威廉姆斯录下录音的唯一拷贝 |
[11:27] | then, yeah, it is. | 没错 就是它 |
[11:28] | – And I’m offering it to you. – Why would you do that? | -我现在打算给你 -为什么 |
[11:31] | I thought we could work out a little arrangement. | 我想我们能达成某种协议 |
[11:33] | You get Tommy Bratton to back off his lawsuit, | 你让汤米·布莱顿撤诉 |
[11:35] | you get back the one thing that can cost you your license. | 这个能把你执照吊销的小东西就归你了 |
[11:38] | What makes you think I’d help you | 你凭什么认为我会为了 |
[11:39] | just to get that damn thing back? | 把那玩意儿拿回来而帮你 |
[11:41] | Eli, I don’t think you fully understand the situation. | 伊莱 我不认为你了解现状 |
[11:44] | We may have forced him out, | 也许是我们逼他退出的 |
[11:45] | but his name is still on your wall. | 但他的名字还挂在你的墙上 |
[11:47] | You take this to court, | 如果闹上法庭 |
[11:48] | you’re risking the name Bratton Gould | 布莱顿·古尔德律所这个名字 |
[11:50] | forever being associated with corruption and murder. | 很可能会一直和腐败谋杀扯上关系 |
[11:52] | And when he convinces a jury | 当布莱顿说服陪审团 |
[11:53] | that you fabricated material just to blackmail him, | 是你们为了要挟他伪造证据时 |
[11:56] | the whole world’s gonna think you’re liars. | 全世界都会认为你们是骗子 |
[11:58] | That little tape of yours will be worthless, | 你手里的录音将一文不值 |
[12:00] | and the name Bratton Gould will be just fine. | 布莱顿·古尔德律所的名声不会受损 |
[12:02] | Eli, you need to think this through. | 伊莱 你得想清楚 |
[12:05] | – The man is guilty. – The man was my partner. | -这个男人有罪 -他曾是我的合伙人 |
[12:08] | You cost him millions, | 你们敲诈了他几百万 |
[12:10] | blackmailed me twice with that thing already, | 还用这东西勒索了我两回 |
[12:13] | and now you’re gonna pay. | 现在轮到你们血债血偿了 |
[12:15] | – Eli, please. – Get the hell out of my house. | -伊莱 拜托 -从我家滚出去 |
[12:31] | This is a bunch of bullshit. | 这真是一派胡言 |
[12:33] | I take it that means you’re up to speed? | 我猜你已经熟悉案子了 |
[12:34] | I’m not just up to speed, | 不仅是熟悉案子 |
[12:35] | I know more about women’s clothing than I ever thought possible. | 我这辈子都没想过我会熟悉这么多女装知识 |
[12:38] | Then you know Hi-Rise Fashion | 那你就知道高升时尚公司 |
[12:40] | has been ripping off our client’s designs. | 一直在剽窃我们的客户的设计 |
[12:42] | I do. The thing I don’t know is how we’re gonna stop them, | 是的 但我不知道如何阻止他们 |
[12:45] | because copyright laws are notoriously vague. | 因为版权法可是众所周知的模棱两可 |
[12:48] | Which is why when we win, it’s going to make a statement. | 所以如果我们能赢 就能一举成名 |
[12:52] | Then since I’m not supposed to be a yes-man, | 既然我不能做好好先生 |
[12:54] | I have to ask–are you sure you don’t want our first case | 我得问问 你不觉得我们的第一桩案子 |
[12:56] | to be a guaranteed win? | 应该选能稳赢的那种吗 |
[13:00] | Okay, the truth is I’m not just doing this to make a statement. | 好吧 事实上我接这案子不仅是为了成名 |
[13:03] | I’m also doing it because the designer is my friend. | 更是因为设计师是我的朋友 |
[13:06] | Which means this case is personal. | 所以这案子涉及私人感情 |
[13:08] | And I told myself that when I had enough clout to pick my cases, | 我告诉自己 当我有权自己选案子时 |
[13:12] | I would pick hers. | 我会选她的 |
[13:15] | In that case, why don’t you tell me what our first move is? | 既然如此 不如告诉我第一步该怎么做 |
[13:18] | Easy. | 简单 |
[13:19] | Tomorrow morning we slap them with this. | 明早我们把这个甩给他们 |
[13:41] | – Denise Gallo? – Yeah? | -丹妮斯·加洛吗 -什么事 |
[13:44] | My name’s Donna Paulsen. I’d like to ask you a few questions. | 我叫唐娜·鲍尔森 我想冒昧问您几个问题 |
[13:47] | About what? | 什么问题 |
[13:48] | I was wondering if a man named Thomas Bratton came to you | 是否有个叫托马斯·布莱顿的男人来找过您 |
[13:50] | asking about the money you received from your father. | 询问有关您父亲给您的钱的事 |
[13:52] | He came to me to ask about the money I got from you. | 他来问了我那笔你给的钱的事 |
[13:55] | And what’d you tell him? | 你和他说了什么 |
[13:56] | That I don’t know what my father did to get that money, | 我说我不知道我爸从哪拿到的这笔钱 |
[13:59] | but a man came to my home and dropped off a check, | 但有人到我家门口给我留了张支票 |
[14:01] | and I wasn’t about to turn it down. | 不拿白不拿呗 |
[14:02] | And didn’t that man also tell you | 那个人没有告诉你 |
[14:04] | that your father was a good person? | 你父亲是个好人吗 |
[14:05] | So what if he did? | 说了又怎样 |
[14:07] | So these people are trying to say | 那些人是想证明 |
[14:08] | that we paid him off to lie for us. | 我们花钱雇他来骗人 |
[14:10] | And it isn’t true. | 这不是事实 |
[14:12] | What do you want me to do about it? | 你想让我干嘛 |
[14:14] | I want you to take the stand and testify. | 我希望你能出庭作证 |
[14:17] | Your father died trying to redeem himself. | 你父亲是为了救赎自我而死的 |
[14:19] | They’re trying to take that away from you, | 他们想栽赃你父亲 |
[14:20] | and you can’t let them do it. | 你不能让他们得逞 |
[14:22] | Let’s say I believe you | 就算我相信你 |
[14:24] | and Frank actually had changed. | 弗兰克也改过自新了 |
[14:26] | Thomas Bratton told me the reason he got killed | 托马斯·布莱顿告诉我他被杀 |
[14:28] | is ’cause of you. | 就是因为你 |
[14:30] | Are you gonna tell me that’s not true? | 你要否认吗 |
[14:33] | No. | 不 |
[14:35] | I’m not. | 我不否认 |
[14:38] | Because they might lie to you, but I won’t. | 因为他们也许会向你撒谎 但我不会 |
[14:41] | Frank never would have tried to redeem himself | 若是我们没有联系他 |
[14:44] | if we hadn’t contacted him. | 弗兰克也不会试图救赎自我 |
[14:45] | So, yeah, he might still be alive. | 是的 他也许不会死 |
[14:48] | But the reason he’s dead isn’t because of us. | 但他的死绝不是因为我们 |
[14:50] | It’s because they killed him. | 而是因为他们杀了他 |
[14:52] | Well, it doesn’t matter… | 无所谓了 |
[14:54] | ’cause I never knew the man he became. | 因为我再也没法认识那个改过自新的他 |
[14:57] | I only knew the man he was, | 我只知道他过去的样子 |
[14:58] | and that man would’ve lied, cheated, | 一个会撒谎 出轨 |
[15:01] | done whatever else it took to get what he wanted, | 为了目标不惜一切的人 |
[15:03] | which, most of the time, was money. | 大多数时候 那个目标是钱 |
[15:05] | And if you ask me about that under oath, | 如果你要在证人席上这么问我 |
[15:07] | that’s all I’ll be able to say. | 我就只能这么说 |
[15:18] | All right, Louis, we’re all here. What’s going on? | 路易 大家都在这 发生什么事了 |
[15:20] | It didn’t work with Gould. | 古尔德那边行不通 |
[15:22] | And I hate to pile on the bad news, | 我也不想雪上加霜 |
[15:23] | but if Bratton puts Denise Gallo on the stand, | 但如果布莱顿让丹妮斯·加洛作证的话 |
[15:26] | she’s gonna say that Frank Gallo | 她会说弗兰克·加洛 |
[15:27] | never did a thing that wasn’t for money. | 从来都是爱财如命的人 |
[15:29] | Which makes it look like we paid him off to lie. | 那样就会让我们有买通他说谎的嫌疑 |
[15:31] | And if we did that, | 而且如果这样的话 |
[15:32] | we’d also be willing to conspire with each other. | 我们还会有合谋的嫌疑 |
[15:33] | Which means we’re right back at square one. | 这么说我们又回到起点了 |
[15:36] | I wouldn’t say that. | 这可说不好 |
[15:38] | – What are you doing here, Eli? – I’m here with an offer. | -你在这做什么 伊莱 -我有一个提议 |
[15:41] | Give me that tape back, I’ll get him to settle. | 把录音带还给我 我会让他同意和解 |
[15:43] | $5 million, and you two admit what you did. | 给我五百万 加上你俩承认自己做的事 |
[15:47] | – No deal. – It saves you money. | -不行 -这能给你省钱 |
[15:49] | It also puts us in a position of losing our licenses. | 但我们有可能因此丢掉执照 |
[15:52] | Which is what he’s been holding over my head for two years. | 这也是两年来他悬在我头上的利剑 |
[15:54] | I don’t give a shit. No deal. | 我不管 这我不干 |
[15:57] | Look, I thought about what you said last night | 我昨晚认真思考过你说的话 |
[15:59] | but if I’m gonna convince Tommy, I got to give him something. | 但要说服汤米 我总得给他点好处 |
[16:02] | Sign a civil admission, and we’ll seal it. | 签个民事自认书 我们会封存的 |
[16:05] | Sealed or not, we sign something like that, | 要是签了那个 不管你们封不封存 |
[16:07] | it finds its way to the Bar. | 它总有一天会出现在律协 |
[16:09] | Listen to me. | 听着 |
[16:11] | I want this to go away as much as you, | 我和你们一样想了结此事 |
[16:13] | but I’m telling you– | 但我要告诉你 |
[16:15] | this is the best you’re gonna get. | 你只能拿到这样的条件了 |
[16:22] | I hate to say this, but… | 我本不想这么说的 |
[16:24] | I think maybe we should take his deal. | 但我认为我们最好还是接受这个条件 |
[16:27] | We can’t trust Eli Gould. | 我们不能相信伊莱·古尔德 |
[16:29] | And we sure as hell can’t trust Tommy Bratton. | 汤米·布莱顿同样不可信 |
[16:31] | And I think you’re forgetting | 你是不是忘了 |
[16:32] | that they may be lying about the Gallo part, | 就算他们在加洛的问题上撒了谎 |
[16:34] | but you and Robert did what they’re saying. | 但你和罗伯特确实合谋过 |
[16:35] | – So what? – So we may have | -那又怎样 -所以我们也许 |
[16:36] | no other choice than to trust him. | 别无选择 只有相信他 |
[16:38] | I’m not trusting shit. | 我屁都不信 |
[16:40] | Because I know what’s going on here. | 因为我现在搞清楚状况了 |
[16:42] | And it goes back to Donna’s original question. | 这就回到了唐娜一开始的疑问上 |
[16:44] | You mean why would a man like Tommy Bratton | 你是说为什么汤米·布莱顿这样的人 |
[16:45] | risk going to prison? | 会冒着坐牢的风险来报仇吗 |
[16:47] | And the answer is he wouldn’t. | 答案就是他不会 |
[16:49] | This whole thing is a good-cop-bad-cop bluff, | 他们不过是想软硬兼施来虚张声势 |
[16:52] | – and I’m gonna put a stop to it. – How? | -我要亲手了结此事 -怎么了结 |
[16:54] | The way you put a stop to any bully. | 黑吃黑 |
[16:56] | You take his bluff, and you shove it down his throat. | 他们既然要虚张声势 那就让他们知道厉害 |
[17:06] | Those are lovely. Whose are they? | 真漂亮 这是谁的作品 |
[17:09] | – I’m sorry? – She means who designed them, | -你说什么 -她是问谁是设计师 |
[17:11] | since we know your people didn’t. | 因为我们知道不是你们的人设计的 |
[17:13] | Just like they didn’t design this | 就像你们也没有设计这个 |
[17:15] | or this or this. | 这个 或这个 |
[17:18] | I don’t know who you are, | 我不知道你们是什么人 |
[17:19] | but these items were all part of our last spring line, | 但这些全部是我们去年春装系列的一部分 |
[17:21] | and we designed them ourselves. | 是我们自己设计的 |
[17:23] | What you mean is you copied my client’s designs, | 你的意思是 你们抄袭我客户的设计 |
[17:26] | then beat her to market and undercut her price. | 逼她退出市场 降低价格 |
[17:29] | I see what this is… | 我懂了 |
[17:30] | because I’ve seen it before. | 我见过这种把戏 |
[17:32] | And no associate at some middling law firm | 二流律所的助理律师 |
[17:34] | is going to shake me down. | 可勒索不了我 |
[17:36] | I’m not an associate, I’m a senior partner. | 我可不是什么助理律师 我是资深合伙人 |
[17:38] | And this isn’t a shakedown | 这也不是什么勒索 |
[17:39] | it’s a chance at a settlement | 这是在你上庭惨败之前 |
[17:40] | before we clean you out in court. | 我们给你的一次和谈的机会 |
[17:43] | Then file your suit, | 想打官司就打去吧 |
[17:45] | because it’s a thin line between theft and inspiration, | 抄袭和灵感之间只有一线之隔 |
[17:48] | particularly in a creative industry | 特别是在创意产业 |
[17:49] | where people have similar ideas all the time. | 人人都可能有相似的思路 |
[17:52] | My lawyers have assured me of that. | 我的律师已经向我确认过这一点了 |
[17:54] | Have they also told you about | 他们是否与您提过 |
[17:55] | Johnson v. Olympia Records? | 约翰逊诉奥林匹亚唱片公司一案 |
[17:57] | Because a songwriter was awarded $15 million | 因为有位词曲家可是得到了一千五百万的赔偿 |
[18:00] | for plagiarized work in exactly the same situation. | 因为作品被剽窃 与现在的情况非常相似 |
[18:02] | And since precedents can cross industries, | 既然判决先例可以跨行业适用 |
[18:05] | in particular the creative ones… | 特别是在这些创意产业间 |
[18:07] | We thought $15 million for our client’s designs would be fair. | 我们认为给予一千五百万的补偿是合理的 |
[18:11] | We’ll give you 24 hours to consult your lawyers. | 我们会给你24小时来咨询律师 |
[18:13] | After that, we’ll see you in court. | 在那之后 我们就在法庭上见吧 |
[18:20] | As your lawyers, it is our job to go to war for you. | 作为律师 我们的职责是为你们赴汤蹈火 |
[18:23] | Most of the time that means going to court. | 大多数时候 这意味着上法庭 |
[18:24] | The thing is, court is ugly, expensive, | 但事实上 法庭是丑恶 腐败的 |
[18:26] | and, most of all, it’s risky. | 最主要的 还有很大的风险 |
[18:28] | So last night Samantha and I came up with a way | 昨晚萨曼莎和我想到了一个办法 |
[18:30] | to avoid all that. | 来避免这些 |
[18:31] | The painting in question | 我们所说的这幅画 |
[18:32] | had a market value of $120 million. | 市场价格超过一亿两千万 |
[18:34] | Our proposal is that Starboard Airlines pay 45%, | 我们提议右舷航空支付百分之四十五的赔偿金 |
[18:37] | with no admission of fault. | 但不承担过失责任 |
[18:39] | Let me get this straight. | 说白了就是 |
[18:40] | You want me to pony up $50 million | 明明我们什么也没做错 |
[18:43] | when we didn’t do anything wrong? | 你却想让我赔五千万 |
[18:44] | Gavin, it’s a compromise. | 盖文 这是一种让步 |
[18:45] | There’s got to be pain on both sides. | 双方都得付出一些代价 |
[18:46] | Well, I say that’s a lot of pain on mine | 我怎么觉得我要付出的代价远远大于 |
[18:48] | and not enough on theirs. | 对方要付出的代价呢 |
[18:49] | And you’ve got exposure for the full 120, | 比起你单独付一亿两千万 |
[18:52] | so I’d say you’re getting a hell of a deal. | 这个条件已经便宜很多了 |
[18:53] | Well, I don’t really care what you say. | 我不在乎你说什么 |
[18:54] | Then I’ll say it. If anybody’s coming out ahead here, | 那我说 要说谁能在这案子上受益 |
[18:57] | it’s you, and I don’t like it. | 那是你 你以为我乐意吗 |
[18:58] | – Nina, listen to me. – No, I did listen to you– | -妮娜 你听我说 -不 我听过了 |
[19:01] | two days ago, when you said this shady son of a bitch | 两天前 你告诉我这个见不得人的混蛋 |
[19:03] | destroyed that painting intentionally | 是故意损毁了那幅画 |
[19:04] | and you’d prove it. | 并且你会证明的 |
[19:05] | – I don’t believe it. – “Shady son of a bitch”– | -不会吧 -“见不得人的混蛋” |
[19:07] | is that how you talk about your former clients? | 你就是这么称呼你的前客户的吗 |
[19:09] | – Gavin– – Yeah, that’s what she said. | -盖文 -没错 她就是这么说的 |
[19:10] | Nina, this deal puts money on the table now. | 妮娜 我们现在把钱的事摆到明面上谈 |
[19:12] | You don’t take it, I will appeal this thing till 2020 | 你要是不接受 我会坚持上诉到2020年 |
[19:15] | and not break a sweat. | 不费吹灰之力 |
[19:16] | Assuming we don’t get it tossed, which we will, | 假设我们不上诉 其实我们会的 |
[19:18] | knowing what I do about how you and your company do business. | 根据我对你和你公司的办事风格的了解 |
[19:21] | About how I do business? | 我的办事风格 |
[19:23] | You gonna let him push us around like that? | 你就这么眼睁睁地让他说了算 |
[19:25] | Alex, this thing is a loser for you. | 亚历克斯 这案子你要输了 |
[19:27] | Get your client under control. | 让你的客户控制一下自己 |
[19:28] | Don’t tell me how to handle my client | 别在我对客户的态度上指手画脚 |
[19:29] | when you started this whole thing. | 是你挑起这件事的 |
[19:31] | And don’t talk to me about this case being a loser. | 也别告诉我这个案子会输 |
[19:33] | – You’re lucky we’re even in here. – Bullshit. | -我们能坐下来谈是你走运 -放屁 |
[19:35] | You’re lucky we’re in here. | 是你走运 |
[19:36] | We go to court, and I will clean your clock. | 我们要是上了法庭 你一定会输的哭爹喊娘 |
[19:38] | – Bring it on. – If only we could. | -放马过来 -老娘不怕 |
[19:39] | As far as I’m concerned, you can, | 在我看来 我们上法庭好了 |
[19:41] | ’cause I’ve had enough of this. | 因为我实在是受够了 |
[19:42] | You want my money, Samantha, come and take it, | 你要钱 萨曼莎 有种来拿 |
[19:44] | ’cause I’m not signing any deals with anyone. | 因为我拒绝和任何人签任何协议 |
[19:56] | Harvey, can I talk to you for a second? | 哈维 我们能谈谈吗 |
[19:57] | What about? | 谈什么 |
[19:58] | About the fact that I’ve had it with Samantha Wheeler’s bullshit. | 我受够了萨曼莎·惠勒的一派胡言 |
[20:00] | Slow down. What’s going on? | 等等 发生什么了 |
[20:02] | What’s going on is she deliberately encouraged | 她有意怂恿 |
[20:03] | Dexhart Insurance to sue my client, | 德克哈特保险起诉我的客户 |
[20:05] | and I’m tired of tiptoeing around the situation. | 我不想再这么小心翼翼下去了 |
[20:07] | Meaning? | 你的意思是 |
[20:08] | I want to go toe-to-toe with her in trial. | 我想和她上庭对峙 |
[20:09] | You want us to go to trial representing both clients? | 你是想让我们律所代表双方出庭对峙 |
[20:12] | Harvey, I was in a room with all sides today. | 哈维 今天我和双方客户见了面 |
[20:14] | They want a fight as much as I do. | 没有人肯让步 |
[20:15] | They’ll waive conflict. | 他们会签利益冲突弃权书 |
[20:16] | And that would work, Alex, | 那会有用的 亚历克斯 |
[20:17] | except we can’t afford having two partners | 但我们不能在全世界面前 |
[20:19] | fighting a death match in front of the whole world, | 让我们的两名合伙人决一死战 |
[20:21] | when we need to look unified. | 尤其当我们需要看起来很团结的时候 |
[20:24] | What do you mean when we need to look unified? | 什么叫我们需要看起来很团结 |
[20:25] | What’s going on? | 发生什么了 |
[20:27] | I don’t want to get into it, but we’re handling it. | 我不想说 但是我们正在处理 |
[20:29] | Well, here’s the thing, Harvey–we’re not unified. | 事实是 哈维 我们并不团结 |
[20:31] | And even if we were, those two clients aren’t going to settle. | 就算我们团结 那两个客户也不会和解的 |
[20:33] | So, like it or not, my next move is going to court | 所以不管你愿不愿意 我下一步是上法庭 |
[20:36] | to get her kicked off this case. | 把她踢出这个案子 |
[20:43] | Samantha, if you’re here about your case | 萨曼莎 如果你是为了 |
[20:45] | against Starboard Airlines– | 右舷航空的案子来 |
[20:46] | – You know about that? – I’m a name partner. | -你听说了 -我是冠名合伙人 |
[20:49] | It’s my business to know when one of our attorneys | 我们的一位律师要起诉我们的另一位律师 |
[20:51] | files suit against another. | 我怎么会不知道 |
[20:52] | Well, while we’re on the subject of filing things, | 当我们在提交文件时 |
[20:54] | Alex Williams filed this. | 亚历克斯·威廉姆斯提交了这个 |
[20:57] | This is a motion to force you to recuse yourself. | 这是个强制撤换你的动议 |
[20:59] | Yeah, he’s trying to get me kicked off my own case, | 他想把我踢出我的案子 |
[21:00] | which means you’re gonna kick him off instead. | 所以你要把他踢出去 |
[21:02] | – Wait, what? – You heard me. | -等等 你说什么 -你听到了 |
[21:04] | Alex is gonna drop Gavin Andrews, | 亚历克斯得放弃盖文·安德鲁斯 |
[21:05] | and you’re gonna make him do it. | 而你要让他这么做 |
[21:07] | No. You want that done, you go to Robert. | 不 你想让他放弃 你去找罗伯特 |
[21:08] | Robert’s not here, and I need it done now. | 罗伯特不在 我需要立刻解决这件事 |
[21:10] | Well, I can’t do it for you. | 我没法帮你 |
[21:11] | You can and you will because you owe me. | 你可以 而且你会帮我 这是你欠我的 |
[21:13] | Oh, no. You don’t get to call in that chit for this. | 你不能拿之前我欠你的人情来要求我做这事 |
[21:15] | I get to call it in for whatever I want, | 我可以要求你做任何事 |
[21:18] | because you came to me and made me drop Delta, | 因为是你来找我 让我放弃达美航空 |
[21:20] | and then I went against Robert | 当你从罗伯特那里 |
[21:22] | when you wanted back on the case he took from you. | 拿回你的案子时 我违背了罗伯特的意思 |
[21:25] | So we are dropping Gavin Andrews | 所以不管你愿不愿意 |
[21:26] | whether you like it or not. | 我们都要甩掉盖文·安德鲁斯 |
[21:39] | You come here for the steam? | 你来蒸桑拿吗 |
[21:41] | Because I hate to break it to you, | 因为虽然我不想告诉你 |
[21:43] | but you got to take the suit off. | 但是你得把西装脱了 |
[21:44] | That’s a good one, Tommy. | 很好笑 汤米 |
[21:45] | But I’m here to tell you I don’t care | 但我是来告诉你 |
[21:47] | if you get Eli Gould | 我不管你是选伊莱·古尔德 |
[21:49] | or Mother Teresa or Gandhi to be your good cop, | 特蕾莎修女还是甘地来唱红脸 |
[21:52] | we’re not taking your deal. | 我们不会接受你的条件 |
[21:53] | I don’t know what the hell you’re talking about. | 我不知道你在说什么 |
[21:54] | – I didn’t offer you a deal. – Oh, yes, you did. | -我没有开条件 -你有 |
[21:56] | Because you don’t have the balls to risk going to prison. | 因为你没有胆量冒坐牢的风险 |
[21:58] | That’s funny, because what are you going to say | 真好笑 因为等我到时候 |
[22:00] | when I put you on the stand and I ask you point-blank, | 把你放在证人席上 直接了当地问你 |
[22:03] | did you conspire with Harvey Specter? | 你是否和哈维·斯佩克特合谋 你能说什么 |
[22:06] | You talk a big game, | 大话谁不会说 |
[22:07] | but it’s not going down like that, because I’m gonna say | 但事情不会如你所愿 因为我会说 |
[22:09] | that you conspired to keep people in prison | 你为了中饱私囊 |
[22:11] | for the purpose of lining your own pockets. | 密谋陷害他人坐牢 |
[22:13] | And when you end up in prison yourself, | 当你锒铛入狱 |
[22:15] | every inmate in there is gonna know | 里面的每个囚犯都会知道 |
[22:16] | that’s exactly what you did. | 那就是你干的好事 |
[22:18] | Now who’s talking a big game, Robert? | 现在谁在说大话了 罗伯特 |
[22:19] | I am… | 我 |
[22:21] | because we’re gonna show this video | 因为我们会出示 |
[22:22] | of Frank Gallo calling you out. | 弗兰克·加洛把你供出来的视频 |
[22:24] | Hell, we might even put it up on YouTube. | 我们甚至可以把它传到油管上 |
[22:26] | You’re making a big mistake, Robert. | 你在犯大错 罗伯特 |
[22:29] | I’m calling your bluff. | 有胆你就试试 |
[22:30] | So drop this thing… | 撤诉吧 |
[22:32] | or go ahead and pick a trial date. | 或者继续下去 选个审判日 |
[22:35] | But, Tommy, just to be clear– when they close that cell door, | 但是汤米 提醒你一下 监狱大门一关 |
[22:39] | you’re not gonna last the night. | 你连一晚上都熬不过 |
[22:48] | Harvey, we need to talk. | 哈维 我们得谈谈 |
[22:49] | If it’s about Robert and Bratton, | 如果是关于罗伯特和布莱顿 |
[22:51] | I haven’t heard back yet. | 我还没收到答复 |
[22:51] | It’s not. It’s about Alex and Samantha. | 不是 是关于亚历克斯和萨曼莎 |
[22:54] | – What did he do now? – Not him, it’s her. | -他又干了什么 -不是他 是萨曼莎 |
[22:56] | She wants me to make him drop Gavin Andrews. | 她想让我逼亚历克斯放弃盖文·安德鲁斯 |
[22:58] | Well, then what the hell are you doing in here? | 那你在这里做什么 |
[23:00] | Just tell her no. | 拒绝她就好了 |
[23:01] | Here’s the thing, Harvey. | 事情是这样的 哈维 |
[23:03] | I gave her a chit. I owe her. | 我欠她一个人情 |
[23:05] | She knows it, and now I don’t know what to do. | 她心知肚明 我现在不知道该做什么 |
[23:07] | – Alex was right. – What do you mean? | -亚历克斯是对的 -什么意思 |
[23:09] | I mean I’ve had about enough of Samantha’s bullshit. | 我受够萨曼莎的一派胡言了 |
[23:11] | So you’re saying I should sacrifice my honor | 你是说我应该牺牲我的名誉 |
[23:13] | and not let her cash in her chit? | 不还她这个人情 |
[23:14] | No, Louis. I’m saying the complete opposite. | 不 路易 我的意思恰恰相反 |
[23:27] | Katrina, we’ve been going over this all day. | 卡特里娜 我们已经看了一整天了 |
[23:29] | We’ve got them. They’re gonna take the deal. | 我们已经搞定他们了 他们会接受条件的 |
[23:31] | Maybe they will, | 也许会吧 |
[23:32] | but I am going to keep dotting my Is and crossing my Ts | 但我还想再找更多确切的证据 |
[23:36] | because I need to be sure. | 我要确保万无一失 |
[23:37] | What you need is for someone not to be your yes-man, | 你需要的不是一个好好先生 |
[23:39] | – and that starts right now. – Brian– | -从现在开始我就要反驳你了 -布莱恩 |
[23:41] | Katrina, you just became senior partner. | 卡特里娜 你刚成为资深合伙人 |
[23:44] | I bet you haven’t even taken time to celebrate yet. | 我打赌你还没花时间去庆祝 |
[23:47] | – I’ll celebrate after we win. – No, you won’t… | -我在赢案子后会去庆祝 -不 你不会 |
[23:49] | because there’ll be another case and then another. | 因为案子复案子 案子何其多 |
[23:51] | And if you don’t stop | 如果你不停下脚步 |
[23:52] | and appreciate the big moments when they come, | 在重要的时刻来临之际好好珍惜 |
[23:55] | you’ll regret it. | 你会后悔的 |
[23:58] | What are you saying? | 你在说什么 |
[23:59] | I’m saying I’m pulling rank. | 我在说我要摆摆前辈的架子 |
[24:01] | We’re going out to celebrate, and we’re going out right now. | 我们出去庆祝 现在就走 |
[24:12] | What the fuck do you think you’re doing? | 你以为你在做什么 |
[24:13] | Whoa, Alex, calm down. | 亚历克斯 冷静一下 |
[24:14] | You told my client | 你告诉我的客户 |
[24:15] | we’re dropping him and you want me to calm down? | 我们要放弃他 你还想让我冷静 |
[24:17] | You’re lucky I’m not putting you on the floor right now. | 我没直接把你揍趴下算你走运 |
[24:19] | Listen to me. I had to do it. | 听我说 我不得不这么做 |
[24:21] | It was the only way. | 这是唯一的办法 |
[24:21] | The only way to what? Screw me over? | 什么唯一的办法 唯一让我丢脸的办法吗 |
[24:23] | Alex, I owed Samantha. | 亚力克斯 我欠萨曼莎一个人情 |
[24:25] | The only way for me to get out of it was to do this for her. | 偿还这个人情唯一的办法就是帮她做这件事 |
[24:27] | – So you put her over me. – No, I didn’t. | -也就是说在你心中她更重要 -不是这样 |
[24:30] | Because if she wasn’t asking for this, | 因为如果她现在不让我还人情 |
[24:31] | she’d be asking me to back her for name partner | 到时候她就要让我支持她成为冠名合伙人 |
[24:33] | when the time comes, instead of me and Harvey backing you | 而不是像现在这样 |
[24:36] | for name partner right now. | 有我和哈维支持你当冠名合伙人 |
[24:37] | You’re telling me I’m name partner? | 你是说我是冠名合伙人 |
[24:38] | Because I didn’t get the memo. | 我可没得到消息 |
[24:39] | Harvey’s going to Zane as we speak. | 现在哈维就去找赞恩谈了 |
[24:40] | Well, Louis, the second you put my name on the door, | 好吧 路易 我一当上冠名合伙人 |
[24:42] | I will call Gavin and drop him like a hot potato. | 我就打电话给盖文告诉他 他被抛弃了 |
[24:45] | Until then, he’s my client, | 在那之前 他还是我的客户 |
[24:46] | and don’t you ever contact him without my knowledge again. | 你不许在我不知情的情况下再联系他 |
[24:56] | To Z.S.L.’s newest senior partner. | 致赞恩·斯佩克特·利特律所最新的资深合伙人 |
[25:00] | Brian, you’ve already toasted me four times. | 布莱恩 你已经向我敬过四次酒了 |
[25:02] | I figured you’re new to this whole celebrating thing. | 我知道你很少参加这种庆祝活动 |
[25:05] | I wanted to show you how it’s done. | 我想给你展示正确的做法 |
[25:08] | Well, in that case… | 要是这样的话 |
[25:10] | to Z.S.L.’s best associate, | 致赞恩·斯佩克特·利特律所最好的助理律师 |
[25:12] | because, Brian, | 因为 布莱恩 |
[25:13] | that precedent was a stroke of genius. | 那个判决先例真是神来之笔 |
[25:16] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[25:21] | By the way, how did you come up with it? | 顺便问一句 你是怎么想到的 |
[25:23] | The music industry is the perfect parallel, | 音乐行业是完美的类比 |
[25:26] | and yet no one’s ever thought of it before. | 然而之前从未有人想到这一点 |
[25:27] | It’s actually a little embarrassing. | 其实这事说出来有点不好意思 |
[25:30] | What do you mean embarrassing? | 什么叫不好意思 |
[25:32] | I thought about the music industry | 我想到音乐行业 |
[25:33] | because I considered becoming a songwriter myself. | 是因为我以前考虑过去写歌 |
[25:38] | – You’re kidding. – No. | -你在开玩笑 -不 |
[25:39] | In fact, Julie and I talked about it a long time | 事实上 朱莉和我讨论了很久 |
[25:41] | before finally deciding on law school. | 我才决定去读法学院 |
[25:44] | Let me guess. | 让我猜猜看 |
[25:45] | She wanted you to take the safer route, | 她想让你选择更保险的道路 |
[25:47] | and you wanted to explore your artistic side. | 而你想探索自己的艺术 |
[25:50] | Actually, the other way around. | 实际上是反过来的 |
[25:52] | When I told her I was going to be a lawyer, | 我和她说我要当律师的时候 |
[25:54] | she said I should have more faith in myself as an artist. | 她说我应该对自己作为艺术家的才能更有信心 |
[25:58] | You’re lucky to have someone who thinks so highly of you. | 有一个对你评价如此高的人 你真的很幸运 |
[26:01] | I am. | 是的 |
[26:02] | But the thing is, once I moved into law, | 但是 当我进入法律行业后 |
[26:04] | I found I loved it as much as I ever loved writing. | 我发现我对法律的爱和对写歌的爱是一样的 |
[26:11] | What? | 怎么了 |
[26:11] | Nothing. It’s just… | 没什么 只是 |
[26:14] | Julie doesn’t understand that, | 朱莉不理解这一点 |
[26:15] | and sometimes I wish she would. | 有时候我希望她能理解 |
[26:19] | Anyway, it’s nice to be able to talk about the law | 不管怎么说 和一个对法律有兴趣的人 |
[26:21] | with someone that’s actually interested. | 聊聊法律感觉还是很好的 |
[26:23] | Well, if that’s what you’re looking for, | 如果你有兴趣的话 |
[26:25] | consider me happy to discuss the nuances of the law anytime, | 我很乐意随时和你谈论法律的精微玄妙之处 |
[26:28] | because I love it as much as you do. | 因为我也像你一样热爱法律 |
[26:32] | Thank you for tonight, Brian. | 今晚谢谢你了 布莱恩 |
[26:35] | This is exactly what I needed. | 这正是我需要的 |
[26:38] | Thanks for asking me to be your associate, Katrina. | 谢谢你让我当你的助理律师 卡特里娜 |
[26:41] | I’m really happy you did. | 我很高兴你来找我了 |
[26:48] | Oh, Harvey. Good. | 哈维 来得正好 |
[26:50] | You can help me go through the last of these files. | 你可以帮我看掉最后这点档案 |
[26:52] | I’m not going through anything, Robert. | 我不会帮你看任何东西 罗伯特 |
[26:53] | Not until we’ve talked about Alex Williams. | 我们得先谈谈亚历克斯·威廉姆斯 |
[26:55] | If this is about what I think it is, | 如果我猜的没错 |
[26:57] | we already talked about it. | 我们已经谈论过这件事了 |
[26:58] | No, we agreed to kick the can down the road. | 不 我们当时同意踢皮球 |
[27:01] | Well, this is the end of the road, because Louis and I | 现在皮球已经没得踢了 因为我和路易 |
[27:04] | are backing Alex for name partner right now. | 现在都支持亚历克斯成为冠名合伙人 |
[27:06] | Harvey, now is not the time to be discussing this. | 哈维 现在不是讨论这个的时候 |
[27:08] | Yes, it is, | 不 正是时候 |
[27:09] | because Samantha and Alex are about to go to war. | 因为萨曼莎和亚历克斯要开战了 |
[27:12] | If you’re talking about Dexhart Insurance, | 如果你是说德克哈特保险集团的事 |
[27:14] | I told her to settle. | 我让她和解了 |
[27:15] | Well, she didn’t. | 问题是 她没这么做 |
[27:17] | She went to Louis, | 她去找路易 |
[27:18] | called in a chit to make him drop Gavin Andrews. | 用他欠的人情压他放弃盖文·安德鲁斯 |
[27:20] | And I didn’t let you become managing partner | 我让你做经营合伙人 |
[27:22] | just so your lieutenant– could start | 不是为了方便你的兵去开战… |
[27:23] | You didn’t let me do anything. | 你没让我做任何事情 |
[27:25] | And if Samantha did that, I’ll deal with her. | 而且如果萨曼莎真这么做了 我会去处理 |
[27:27] | How? | 怎么处理 |
[27:28] | Because as far as I can tell, you have never dealt with her. | 因为在我看来 你从没处理过她 |
[27:31] | – Okay, you listen to me. – No, you listen to me. | -行了 你听我说 -不 你听我说 |
[27:33] | You’ve let her do whatever she wants ever since she got here. | 自从她来了之后 你让她为所欲为 |
[27:35] | Alex has been fighting for this firm ever since he got here. | 亚历克斯来了之后一直在为这家律所打拼 |
[27:38] | And I made him a promise– | 我向他保证过… |
[27:39] | Before you two go any further, we got a bigger problem. | 你俩先别吵了 我们遇到更大的麻烦了 |
[27:42] | Tommy Bratton wasn’t bluffing. | 汤米·布莱顿没有虚张声势 |
[27:44] | He just sent over a trial date. It’s for a week from today. | 他刚送达了开庭日期 从今天算起一周后 |
[27:46] | – Shit. – Exactly. | -该死 -没错 |
[27:48] | So you two need to stop fighting each other | 所以你俩不能继续斗了 |
[27:49] | – because now we got to fight him. – No, we don’t. | -因为我们得一起对付他 -不 我们不用 |
[27:51] | Because I know why Bratton’s doing this. | 因为我知道布莱顿这么做的原因 |
[27:53] | What are you talking about? | 什么意思 |
[27:54] | You thought Bratton wouldn’t risk going to prison for this. | 你以为布莱顿不会为这事冒进监狱的险 |
[27:56] | Well, he will, and I know why. | 他会的 而且我知道原因 |
[28:04] | I don’t know about you, | 我不知道你是什么情况 |
[28:04] | but getting here at 7:00 a.m. isn’t as easy with a hangover. | 但早上七点带着宿醉来上班可不容易 |
[28:08] | I don’t care, Brian, | 我不在乎 布莱恩 |
[28:09] | because Hi-Rise Fashion just dropped a bomb. | 因为高升时尚刚刚扔了个炸弹 |
[28:11] | Wait, what? How? We’ve got them. | 等等 什么 我们明明搞定他们了 |
[28:14] | In court, yes. | 在庭上 确实 |
[28:15] | But they just cut a huge deal with our manufacturer. | 但他们刚刚和我们的制造商达成了一笔大交易 |
[28:18] | And suddenly our manufacturer is telling us | 然后忽然之间我们的制造商就告诉我们 |
[28:20] | they no longer have the capacity to handle our product. | 他们没能力承接我们的产品了 |
[28:22] | You mean they made it a condition of their order, | 你是说他们把订单作为了条件 |
[28:24] | which is illegal. | 这是违法的 |
[28:26] | Yes, it is. | 没错 确实 |
[28:27] | And if they did it to us, they did it to others. | 他们这么对我们 一定也这么对其他人了 |
[28:29] | And I’m going to tell them I’m going to the DOJ | 我会告诉他们 如果他们不收手的话 |
[28:31] | if they don’t back off. | 我就去向司法部举报 |
[28:32] | No, without proof a threat like that | 不行 没有证据就威胁他们的话 |
[28:34] | can be construed as inducing malicious prosecution. | 可能会被认为是诱导恶意起诉 |
[28:36] | – You can’t do it. – Well, I have to do something. | -你不能这么做 -我必须得做点什么 |
[28:38] | Because instead of spending my time last night | 因为我昨晚本应该花时间来 |
[28:40] | thinking about how to prevent this, | 思考如何防止这种事情 |
[28:42] | I took my eye off the ball. | 但我却把心思放在了别处 |
[28:43] | Katrina, don’t be so hard on yourself. | 卡特里娜 别这么苛责自己 |
[28:46] | You couldn’t have seen this coming. | 你也没办法预见这种事情 |
[28:48] | I might have seen it coming | 我本可以预见的 |
[28:49] | if I’d stayed here like I wanted to | 如果我像计划中那样留在这里 |
[28:51] | instead of letting you convince me to go party. | 而不是被你说服去参加派对 |
[28:57] | Hold on a second. You’re saying this is my fault? | 等等 你的意思是这是我的错吗 |
[29:01] | Because I didn’t convince you, I invited you. | 我不是说服你 而是邀请你 |
[29:03] | And you said you wanted an associate who would push back. | 而且你说你想找一个能够直话直说的律师 |
[29:06] | Push back on case work– not tell me not to do my job. | 在案子上直话直说 而不是阻碍我工作 |
[29:10] | Then let me push back right now, | 那现在就让我直话直说 |
[29:12] | because you bluff these guys, | 因为如果你这样吓唬这些人 |
[29:13] | you’re opening yourself up to huge exposure. | 你就会把自己暴露在风口浪尖 |
[29:15] | So what? | 那又怎样 |
[29:17] | Harvey Specter bluffs all the time. | 哈维·斯佩克特整天虚张声势 |
[29:18] | Harvey Specter has a 15-plus-year track record | 哈维·斯佩克特有着超过15年的 |
[29:21] | of kicking people’s asses. | 不败纪录 |
[29:23] | So you don’t have faith in me to pull this off. | 所以你不相信我能搞定这事 |
[29:25] | I didn’t say that. I’m saying it’s not a risk worth taking, | 我不是这个意思 我是说这个险不值得冒 |
[29:29] | and I’m not gonna let you do it. | 我不会让你这么做的 |
[29:31] | Well, Brian, there’s a time to push back | 布莱恩 有时候是要直话直说 |
[29:33] | and a time to get in line. | 但有时候也得注意分寸 |
[29:35] | I’m going over there at 3:00 p.m. today, | 我今天下午3点钟过去 |
[29:36] | and you are either with me or you’re not. | 你可以选择跟我去 或者不去 |
[29:39] | Then I’m not, | 我不去 |
[29:40] | because this is a mistake, and you know it. | 因为这是个错误 你心里也清楚 |
[29:51] | Harvey, you have a minute? | 哈维 有时间吗 |
[29:52] | I’m about to file a few motions, | 我正准备起草几份动议 |
[29:54] | but, yeah, I have a minute. | 但可以 我有时间 |
[29:55] | I was under the impression | 我怎么记得 |
[29:57] | you don’t normally file your own motions. | 你一般不会亲自起草动议 |
[29:58] | Well, it’s kind of important. | 这次比较重要 |
[30:00] | What’s on your mind? | 有什么事吗 |
[30:00] | Trouble in senior partner town? | 在资深合伙人的世界里遇到麻烦了 |
[30:03] | How’d you know? | 你怎么知道的 |
[30:04] | Because that’s the first thing that happens | 因为这是你进入资深合伙人的世界后 |
[30:05] | after you make it to senior partner town. | 发生的第一件事 |
[30:09] | Well, then long story short… | 那么 长话短说… |
[30:11] | it’s my first case, | 这是我的第一个案子 |
[30:13] | my back’s against the wall, and my only way out is to bluff. | 我已经走投无路了 唯一的出路就是虚张声势 |
[30:16] | But? | 但是 |
[30:17] | I’m opening myself up to significant exposure, and… | 我会把自己推上风口浪尖 而且… |
[30:21] | I’m not sure I can pull it off. | 我不确定我能搞的定 |
[30:25] | – Then think of another way. – How come? | -那就另想它法 -怎么想 |
[30:28] | Because if you’re not sure you can pull it off, you won’t. | 因为如果你不确定 说明你搞不定 |
[30:31] | And, Katrina, life is long. | 而且卡特里娜 人生很长 |
[30:33] | You don’t want to start your senior partnership with exposure. | 你不会希望一当资深合伙人就处于风口浪尖的 |
[30:36] | Now, I got to go. | 我得走了 |
[30:39] | Thank you, Harvey. | 谢谢你 哈维 |
[30:48] | I see they’re letting you use your old office. | 他们把你的旧办公室给你了 |
[30:51] | First, Robert, now you? | 先是罗伯特 现在你又来了 |
[30:53] | Well, he had his turn at bat. | 他有他说话的权利 |
[30:55] | We thought it was time for me to have mine. | 我们觉得我也该有个说话的机会 |
[30:57] | Oh, go ahead and take your best shot, | 那就出招吧 |
[30:58] | but like I told Robert, I’m not bluffing. | 但如我和罗伯特说的 我不是吓唬你们 |
[31:01] | That’s the thing, Tommy, we know you’re not, | 问题就在这儿 汤米 我们知道你来真的 |
[31:03] | and we figured out why. | 而且我们知道原因 |
[31:04] | You don’t know what you’re talking about. | 你根本不知道自己在说什么 |
[31:06] | Yes, I do. | 我知道 |
[31:08] | Turns out, three months ago, you were diagnosed with cancer | 原来三个月前 你检查出了癌症 |
[31:11] | and given a year to live. | 医生说你只剩一年了 |
[31:12] | Well, if you know that, then you also know | 要是你知道 那也就该清楚 |
[31:14] | I’m never going to settle. | 我绝不会和解 |
[31:16] | What I know is what our trial strategy is gonna be. | 我清楚的是我们的庭审策略 |
[31:20] | Motion to delay, | 申请延期 |
[31:22] | motion to delay, motion to delay. | 申请延期 申请延期 |
[31:25] | The wheels of justice turn slowly, Tommy, | 正义的车轮转得很慢 汤米 |
[31:27] | which means even if you win, you won’t be here to see it. | 也就是说即使你赢了 你也看不到了 |
[31:30] | You really are a son of a bitch, aren’t you? | 你真是个混蛋 不是吗 |
[31:31] | No. You did this. | 不 这是你干的好事 |
[31:33] | You brought this on yourself. | 是你自作自受 |
[31:35] | It’s time to let it go. | 该放手了 |
[31:37] | Spend what time you have left with your family. | 剩下的时间去陪陪家人 |
[31:40] | Just let me go back to my firm for nine months more, | 让我再回我的律所九个月 |
[31:43] | and I will drop this. | 我就撤诉 |
[31:44] | I can’t let you do that, Tommy, | 我拒绝 汤米 |
[31:45] | because I’ve seen what you do. | 因为我见过了你的行事方式 |
[31:47] | I’m not gonna let you get back in the game | 我不能让你重回战场 |
[31:49] | and do something like this to someone else. | 再对别人做出这种事 |
[31:52] | Then you know what? Delay all you want. | 那我告诉你 你随便延期 |
[31:56] | Because they say when you’re fighting something like I am, | 因为他们说当你像我一样在争取什么的时候 |
[31:58] | you have to have something to live for. | 你也就有了活下去的动力 |
[32:00] | Well, you just gave me two years to live on hate alone. | 凭我对你的仇恨我就能活两年 |
[32:03] | Now get the hell out of here, and I’ll see you in court. | 你给我出去 我们法庭见 |
[32:17] | That looks like a job for your associate. | 这看起来像你助理律师的活儿 |
[32:21] | If you’re just here to talk me out of my bluff, | 如果你只是来劝我不要唬人的 |
[32:23] | you don’t have to worry– I’m not gonna do it. | 不用担心 我放弃了 |
[32:24] | Good… | 很好 |
[32:26] | because you don’t have to. | 因为你不用放弃了 |
[32:37] | I don’t believe it. | 难以置信 |
[32:39] | You got proof they colluded with our manufacturer. | 你拿到了他们和我们制造商合谋的证据 |
[32:42] | I did. | 是的 |
[32:44] | – Brian, how did you get this? – Simple. | -布莱恩 你怎么做到的 -小菜一碟 |
[32:46] | I called up the factory | 我打电话给工厂 |
[32:47] | pretending to be in Hi-Rise’s contracts department | 假装高升时尚公司合同部的人 |
[32:50] | and started complaining about how all we had | 跟他们抱怨我们签订的 |
[32:52] | were verbal assurances they’d uphold our agreement. | 只是他们答应的口头协议 |
[32:55] | Eventually they agreed to sign a memo. | 最终他们同意签署书面记录 |
[32:58] | They agreed to incriminate themselves? | 他们同意了承认罪状 |
[33:00] | Not exactly. | 也不是 |
[33:00] | I told them copyright laws are notoriously vague, | 我跟他们说版权法是众所周知的模棱两可 |
[33:04] | so their memo could be, too. | 他们的记录也可以模棱两可 |
[33:06] | But even a vague memo is enough for us | 但一个模棱两可的记录就足以 |
[33:08] | to get them investigated. | 让我们申请调查他们了 |
[33:10] | Or threaten to. | 或者威胁说要调查 |
[33:11] | But now… | 但现在 |
[33:13] | you can do it with proof. | 你可以拿证据威胁他们了 |
[33:17] | Did it occur to you that misrepresenting yourself | 你有没有想过冒充他人身份 |
[33:19] | like this could have opened you up to huge exposure? | 你是要冒很大风险的 |
[33:22] | It did. | 想了 |
[33:24] | But I decided it was worth the risk, | 但我觉得值得冒险 |
[33:26] | because my job may be to push back, | 因为我的工作不只是要反驳你 |
[33:28] | but it’s also to have your back. | 还要支持你 |
[33:32] | And from now on, I will. | 从今往后 我都会这么做 |
[33:38] | “Two more years on hate alone.” | “光凭仇恨活两年” |
[33:41] | He said that? | 他真这么说了 |
[33:42] | He not only said it, the son of a bitch meant it. | 不止说了 还是认真的 |
[33:45] | He’s gonna fight us until his last breath. | 他会跟我们斗到最后一口气 |
[33:49] | What? | 怎么了 |
[33:50] | A man gets told he only has | 当一个人被告知 |
[33:52] | so much time left on this Earth, | 生命只剩下有限的时间 |
[33:53] | you would think that would put things in perspective. | 一般都会产生新的人生感悟 |
[33:56] | You would. | 确实会 |
[33:58] | But I guess he’d have to be human. | 但前提是他得是人 |
[34:01] | And as it turns out, he’s more like the Terminator– | 结果发现 他更接近终结者 |
[34:05] | just won’t go down. | 怎么打都打不死 |
[34:07] | Come with me if you want to live. | 想活命就跟我走 |
[34:10] | I’ll be back. | 我还会回来的 |
[34:12] | Hasta la vista, baby. | 后会有期 宝贝 |
[34:16] | If it bleeds, we can kill it. | 它能流血 我们就能杀它 |
[34:18] | First of all, that’s “Predator.” | 首先 那是《铁血战士》的台词 |
[34:19] | Second of all, you sound Jamaican, not German. | 其次 你那是牙买加口音 不是德国口音 |
[34:22] | Oh. Oh, man, get off my back, man. | 伙计 给我下来 伙计 |
[34:25] | You know what? He’s Austrian. | 告诉你 其实他是奥地利人 |
[34:29] | Yeah. | 好吧 |
[34:35] | What are we gonna do? | 我们该怎么办 |
[34:37] | We’re gonna do what we have to– | 我们别无选择 |
[34:39] | delay this thing as long as possible | 尽可能拖延 |
[34:41] | and then fight it on its merits. | 想办法反击 |
[34:42] | We don’t have to fight anything anymore. | 我们不用反击什么了 |
[34:45] | Tommy Bratton’s dead. | 汤米·布莱顿死了 |
[34:48] | What? | 什么 |
[34:49] | Eli Gould just called. | 伊莱·古尔德刚来了电话 |
[34:50] | Said Tommy had a heart attack. | 说汤米心脏病发 |
[34:53] | They think it was brought on | 他们认为是因为 |
[34:54] | by the stress of fighting his illness. | 和病魔的斗争的压力所致 |
[34:57] | And fighting us. | 还有和我们的斗争 |
[35:00] | Anyway, for what it’s worth, | 总之 无论如何 |
[35:02] | Gould’s dropping the whole thing. | 古尔德要撤诉了 |
[35:04] | I got to say, I always thought we’d win, | 我得说 我知道我们一定会赢 |
[35:06] | but not like this. | 但没想到会这么赢 |
[35:08] | Robert, you okay? | 罗伯特 你没事吧 |
[35:11] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[35:15] | We may have been at war, but… | 我们也许是在交战 但是 |
[35:18] | I knew the man for 30 years. | 我认识他三十年了 |
[35:24] | I could use a minute to process this. | 我需要点时间消化一下 |
[35:29] | You take all the time you need. | 你需要多久都可以 |
[35:47] | How’d it go? | 进展如何 |
[35:51] | I didn’t know you liked baseball. | 之前不知道你喜欢棒球 |
[35:52] | I didn’t know you liked music. | 我也是第一次知道你爱音乐 |
[35:55] | – You heading home for the night? – Yeah. | -准备下班回家了吗 -是的 |
[35:57] | – Actually, I have to– – Don’t go yet. | -其实我得… -先别走 |
[35:59] | Brian, you came through for me in every way on this case. | 布莱恩 这个案子你帮了我太多 |
[36:04] | And like you said the other night, | 正如你那晚所说 |
[36:05] | if we don’t stop to celebrate the little things, | 如果小事不庆祝 |
[36:08] | then what’s any of this for? | 这一切又意义何在 |
[36:10] | If I didn’t know any better, | 要不是我了解你 |
[36:11] | I’d say this is your way of thanking me for looking out for you. | 我会以为你在感谢我为你着想 |
[36:15] | It is. | 是的 |
[36:16] | And I happen to have made us reservations | 而且我给我们订了餐厅 |
[36:18] | at an amazing place with live music | 是一家很棒的 有现场音乐的餐厅 |
[36:21] | in honor of your love of music. | 为喜欢音乐的你订的 |
[36:22] | Katrina, I can’t tonight. | 卡特里娜 今晚不行 |
[36:25] | I really need to get home to Julie and the baby. | 我真的得回家 朱莉和孩子在等我 |
[36:29] | The baby, of course. | 孩子 没错 |
[36:30] | I’m sorry. I didn’t think about it. | 抱歉 是我没想到 |
[36:33] | No, it’s okay. | 没事的 |
[36:34] | If you don’t have one, why would you think about it? | 你又没孩子 怎么会想到 |
[36:36] | Right. | 没错 |
[36:38] | Let me just say that I would love to get a rain check. | 这么说吧 我很希望下次补上 |
[36:43] | – Rain check it is. – In the meantime, I got to go. | -没问题 -那现在 我要走了 |
[36:48] | I’m sure you have someone else who would love to take my place. | 你肯定能找到别人和你一起去的 |
[36:51] | Oh, of course. | 当然 |
[36:53] | Have a good night, Brian. | 晚安 布莱恩 |
[36:56] | Good night, Katrina. | 晚安 卡特里娜 |
[37:04] | Am I interrupting? | 打扰到你了吗 |
[37:05] | – Not really. – Good. | -没有 -那就好 |
[37:07] | Because I happen to have walked in | 因为我昨晚碰巧打断了 |
[37:09] | on a conversation last night | 一段对话 |
[37:10] | that made me want to have a conversation with you. | 让我觉得我该和你来谈谈 |
[37:12] | I’m listening. | 我在听 |
[37:13] | This… | 这个 |
[37:15] | thing between you and Alex is coming to a head, | 你和亚历克斯之间的问题 已经愈演愈烈了 |
[37:18] | because Harvey and Louis want Alex | 因为哈维和路易希望亚历克斯 |
[37:20] | to be the next name partner and Robert doesn’t. | 当下一个冠名合伙人 罗伯特不同意 |
[37:22] | Skip the preamble, Donna. What’s on your mind? | 别铺垫了 唐娜 你想说什么 |
[37:25] | I don’t suppose it would do any good | 我觉得要你让亚历克斯 |
[37:26] | to ask you to let this thing go and let Alex go up there first. | 先当冠名合伙人恐怕没什么用吧 |
[37:29] | – I don’t believe it. – Believe what? | -难以置信 -什么 |
[37:31] | That Harvey doesn’t have the balls to come in here | 哈维居然没胆自己来 |
[37:32] | and ask me that himself– instead, he sent you. | 跟我提要求 还派你来 |
[37:34] | He didn’t send anybody. I’m here on my own. | 他没派谁来 我是自己来的 |
[37:36] | Well, then you may have internalized | 那你可能已经接受了 |
[37:38] | the patriarchal system here, but I have not. | 这里的父权制度 但我没有 |
[37:40] | I haven’t internalized anything. | 我没有接受任何事 |
[37:42] | I told you, I’m not here at the behest of any man. | 我说了 我来这里不是因为某个男人的命令 |
[37:44] | I’m here on my own, woman-to-woman, | 我是自己来 进行女人间的对话 |
[37:47] | asking you to take the long view and wait. | 请求你把目光放长远 先等一等 |
[37:49] | I’m sure you think that’s true, Donna, | 我相信你是这么想的 唐娜 |
[37:51] | but did it occur to you to ask Alex to step down | 但在来找我之前 你有想过 |
[37:53] | before you came to me? | 去对亚历克斯做这个请求吗 |
[37:54] | Because that’s what I mean by patriarchy. | 因为我说的父权指的是这个 |
[37:56] | Well, I did think to ask Alex, | 我还真想了 |
[37:58] | and I chose to ask you. | 而我选择了来找你 |
[38:00] | And I did that because it comes down | 我之所以这么做 是因为说到底 |
[38:02] | to who the promise was made to first, | 问题在于是谁先得到了承诺 |
[38:04] | not the gender of the person it was made to. | 而不是因为得到承诺的人的性别 |
[38:07] | And what’s to stop them from changing their minds | 那在轮到我之前 谁能保证他们 |
[38:09] | before it’s my turn? | 不改变主意呢 |
[38:10] | Because they’re not gonna put a second name up there | 因为至少要一年 他们才能 |
[38:12] | for at least another year. | 再任命一个冠名合伙人 |
[38:15] | What if they put it in writing? | 要是他们白纸黑字承诺呢 |
[38:18] | You’re a lawyer, you make it airtight. | 你是个律师 把承诺书写到天衣无缝 |
[38:21] | You really make a person get to the bottom | 你真是能让一个人 |
[38:23] | of what’s inside of them, don’t you? | 说出心底话 不是吗 |
[38:25] | What do you mean? | 什么意思 |
[38:26] | I mean when you put it that way, | 意思是你要这么说 |
[38:27] | it’s not about them changing their minds or it taking too long | 我得说这事跟他们改主意或者等太久都没关系 |
[38:30] | or even Robert getting hit by a bus. | 甚至罗伯特出车祸都没事 |
[38:32] | The truth is, | 事实是 |
[38:34] | I’m not backing down because… | 我不让步 是因为 |
[38:37] | I think I’m better than Alex Williams. | 我认为我比亚历克斯·威廉姆斯优秀 |
[38:39] | And I’m not going to say that I’m not. | 而我绝不会承认事实并非如此 |
[38:43] | Then I respect your decision. | 那我尊重你的决定 |
[38:46] | Good night, Samantha. | 晚安 萨曼莎 |
[38:58] | I heard you won your first case, | 听说你旗开得胜 |
[39:00] | and the fact that I already heard about it | 而我这么快就听说了的事实证明 |
[39:02] | means you’re already making a name for yourself. | 你已经小有名气了 |
[39:04] | So… | 所以 |
[39:12] | Thank you, Louis. | 谢谢 路易 |
[39:15] | Wait a second. Is something wrong? | 等等 出什么事了吗 |
[39:17] | God damn it, did they spell Bennett with one T again? | 该死 他们是不是又少打了个字母 |
[39:19] | No, nothing’s wrong. | 不是 很完美 |
[39:20] | It’s just been a long day, and I’m tired. | 只是今天事很多 我累了 |
[39:27] | Katrina… I know you. | 卡特里娜 我了解你 |
[39:30] | You don’t get tired after winning a case. | 刚赢了案子你才不会累 |
[39:31] | Something is going on. | 肯定有事发生了 |
[39:35] | It’s just…I know I should be happy right now. | 只是 我知道我现在应该很开心 |
[39:40] | I finally made it to the top of the mountain. | 我终于来到了我想要的顶峰 |
[39:42] | I get it–it only made you realize how much further | 我理解了 这让你意识到了你前面 |
[39:44] | you still want to go. | 还有多长的路要走 |
[39:46] | Yes, that’s it. | 是的 没错 |
[39:49] | That’s exactly it. | 一点没错 |
[39:52] | No, it’s not it. | 不对 |
[39:54] | I have seen that look before, and it was on my face. | 我见过这个表情 我自己就有过这个表情 |
[39:56] | Katrina… | 卡特里娜 |
[39:59] | when it comes to that part of life… | 遇到这个生活问题的时候 |
[40:02] | you can’t force it. | 顺其自然就好 |
[40:05] | It’s unpredictable. | 这无法捉摸 |
[40:09] | – I hate unpredictable. – I know. | -我讨厌无法捉摸 -我知道 |
[40:11] | I do, too. | 我也是 |
[40:12] | But you once told me that someday, | 但你曾经跟我说 某天 |
[40:15] | I would find someone. | 我会找到另一半 |
[40:18] | And I did. | 我也找到了 |
[40:20] | And you will, too. | 你也会的 |
[40:22] | Life is gonna put that special someone | 命运会把那个特别的人 |
[40:24] | right in front of you, | 摆在你面前 |
[40:25] | and when it happens, I know you’ll be ready. | 那个时候 我相信你会准备好的 |
[40:31] | Hey, I just realized… | 我突然想起来 |
[40:33] | I never took you out to celebrate your promotion. | 我都没带你出去吃饭庆祝你升职呢 |
[40:35] | What do you say we go out and get dinner right now? | 我们两个出去吃晚餐怎么样 |
[40:38] | Another time, Louis. | 下次吧 路易 |
[40:39] | I have some work to catch up on. | 我还有工作要做 |
[41:03] | Drinking alone? | 一个人喝酒啊 |
[41:05] | I guess what they say is true. | 看来他们说的是真的 |
[41:07] | None of us know how much time we really have. | 谁都不知道自己还剩下多少时间 |
[41:10] | No, we don’t. | 确实 |
[41:12] | Listen, Robert, I’ve been doing some thinking | 罗伯特 我一直在想 |
[41:14] | about the Samantha and Alex situation. | 关于萨曼莎和亚历克斯的事 |
[41:16] | – Not tonight. – Just hear me out. | -今晚不说行吗 -就听我说完 |
[41:18] | Please. | 拜托 |
[41:23] | I think we should let them fight. | 我觉得我应该让他们打一架 |
[41:25] | Harvey, we do that, we’re admitting our house is divided, | 哈维 这样我们就承认了律所内部分裂 |
[41:29] | and we make it that much easier | 就更容易让汤米·布莱顿这样的人 |
[41:30] | for another Tommy Bratton to try and pick us apart. | 来分裂我们了 |
[41:33] | I know. | 我知道 |
[41:35] | But our house is divided. | 但我们律所已经分裂了 |
[41:38] | I made a promise, you made a promise. | 我做出了承诺 你也是 |
[41:41] | And if we keep doing nothing… | 如果我们继续袖手旁观 |
[41:42] | It’s worse than letting them settle it themselves. | 那比让他们自己解决还糟 |
[41:46] | One case, head-to-head, | 一个案子 正面对决 |
[41:49] | winner gets name partner. | 赢家当上冠名合伙人 |
[41:51] | You think they’ll go for it? | 你觉得他们会答应吗 |
[41:53] | I think they’ve been wanting to go at it | 我觉得自从你们俩来了这里 |
[41:54] | ever since you two got here. | 他们就一直想打一架了 |
[42:00] | Then I say we let them fight. | 那我同意 |
[42:04] | You want to tell them, or should I? | 你想自己通知他们 还是我去 |
[42:06] | Why don’t we both tell them? | 不如我们一起说 |
[42:08] | But let’s do it tomorrow. | 但还是明天再说吧 |
[42:10] | Because after today, all I want to do is finish this drink, | 因为今天之后 我只想喝完这杯酒 |
[42:14] | go home, and… | 回家 然后… |
[42:16] | see Laura. | 见见我的劳拉 |
[42:22] | Good night, Robert. | 晚安 罗伯特 |
[42:29] | Goodnight, Harvey. | 晚安 哈维 |