时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:02] | I had a nightmare last night | 我昨晚做了个噩梦 |
[00:03] | that we made Louis Managing Partner. | 梦见我们让路易当上了经营合伙人 |
[00:05] | I couldn’t get back to sleep till dawn. | 吓得我到凌晨才又睡着 |
[00:06] | That wasn’t a nightmare and you know it. | 那不是个噩梦 你知道的 |
[00:08] | I cannot let my clients down. It’s just not in me. | 我不能让客户失望 我不是那种人 |
[00:11] | Louis, I just found us a new managing partner. | 路易 我刚为我们找到了新的经营合伙人 |
[00:13] | I think I can handle finding Thomas Kessler | 我觉得我也能为托马斯·凯斯勒 |
[00:15] | a new general counsel. | 找到新的总法律顾问 |
[00:16] | Now, the better question is, | 现在的问题是 |
[00:18] | can you handle this job that you agreed to take? | 你能胜任你现在的工作吗 |
[00:20] | I was just thinking about where we were a week ago | 我只是想到了一周前的我们俩 |
[00:22] | when I thought you were cold and heartless | 那时我以为你是个冷酷无情的人 |
[00:24] | and I went from that to being your best friend. | 没想到这么快我就变成了你最好的朋友 |
[00:25] | What’s going on with you and Brian? | 你和布莱恩是怎么回事 |
[00:27] | Donna, he’s married. I would never do– | 唐娜 他结婚了 我决不会那么做的 |
[00:29] | I know, but I also know that | 我知道 但我也知道 |
[00:30] | the heart doesn’t always listen to | 并不是大脑说决不能如何 |
[00:31] | what the brain says it would never do. | 心就会照办的 |
[00:33] | Finding you the right general counsel | 为你找到最合适的总法律顾问 |
[00:34] | isn’t just about knowing your business. | 不光是要了解你的企业 |
[00:36] | No, it’s about chemistry. | 对 还要合拍才行 |
[00:37] | – Yes, it is. – How do you know my type? | -对 -你怎么会知道我中意什么样的人 |
[00:40] | Life is going to put that special someone | 命运会把那个特别的人 |
[00:41] | right in front of you and when it happens, | 摆在你面前 |
[00:43] | I know you’ll be ready. | 我相信你会准备好的 |
[00:44] | Truth is, I am running this place | 事实就是 我是这家律所的老板 |
[00:46] | and we all need to get on board with that | 我们都得接受这一点 |
[00:48] | and it starts with you reading me in. | 从你们听我的话开始 |
[00:51] | Have dinner with me. | 和我吃个晚饭吧 |
[00:52] | Thomas, I’m flattered but you’re a client and– | 托马斯 我受宠若惊 但是你是客户 |
[00:55] | I’m gonna give you a bit of time | 我会给你点时间考虑 |
[00:56] | and if you still feel the same way | 如果你立场不变的话 |
[00:58] | then I promise I will never ask again. | 那我保证以后绝不再提 |
[01:00] | – Fair? – Fair. | -可以吗 -可以 |
[01:11] | Well? | 怎么样 |
[01:14] | Well what? | 什么怎么样 |
[01:14] | Are you gonna say yes to your mystery man? | 你要答应你的神秘人吗 |
[01:17] | What are you talking about? | 你在说什么 |
[01:19] | You think we didn’t all catch you | 你以为我们都没注意到 |
[01:20] | looking at your phone all night? | 你盯着手机看了一整晚么 |
[01:22] | Those were work texts. | 那是在看工作短信 |
[01:23] | Work tests don’t use emojize. | 工作短信可不用裱情 |
[01:25] | – It’s emojis. – Don’t change the subject. | -是表情 -别打岔 |
[01:26] | The point is you got a man who wants to go out with you. | 重点是有人想约你 |
[01:29] | Gretchen, it’s not just any man. | 格蕾琴 他可不是别人 |
[01:32] | It’s Thomas Kessler. | 是托马斯·凯斯勒 |
[01:33] | Well, if you think Louis would object | 如果你是觉得路易会因为他是客户 |
[01:34] | – because he’s a client– – No, it’s not just that– | -而反对的话 -不 还有别的 |
[01:37] | Well, what is it? | 那是什么 |
[01:38] | Because you clearly like him | 很明显你对他也有意思 |
[01:39] | so what’s stopping you from going out on a simple date | 所以你为什么连个普通的约会都不敢去 |
[01:42] | and maybe getting your freak on. | 说不定还能疯狂一把 |
[01:46] | Nothing, Gretchen. | 没什么 格蕾琴 |
[01:50] | Absolutely freaking nothing. | 完全没什么 |
[01:56] | Harvey, can I talk to you a second? | 哈维 能和你聊两句吗 |
[01:57] | Sure, Louis, what’s on your mind? | 当然 路易 什么事 |
[01:59] | Well… | 就是 |
[02:01] | I wanted to say, | 我想说 |
[02:01] | I shouldn’t have yelled at you and Robert about Malik. | 我不该因为马利克的事冲你和罗伯特发脾气 |
[02:04] | I should have heard you when you came to me | 你来找我的时候我应该听你说话的 |
[02:06] | and let you know how I was feeling. | 该告诉你我是怎么想的 |
[02:08] | It’s okay, Louis, | 没事的 路易 |
[02:09] | I should have made you listen to me | 我应该用强的 |
[02:10] | like Robert said in the first place. | 就像罗伯特一开始说的 |
[02:11] | Well, I’ve been thinking. | 我有在想 |
[02:13] | I’m trying to be the best leader I can | 我在尽力去成为最好的领导 |
[02:16] | and a good leader inspires people to do what they do best, | 而好的领导要能激发员工最好的一面 |
[02:19] | and what you do best, Harvey, is close. | 而你最擅长的 哈维 就是结案 |
[02:21] | Can’t argue with you there. | 这点我无法反驳 |
[02:22] | So what do you say you go out and land a big whale for us? | 那你出去给我们钓条大鱼 怎么样 |
[02:24] | I get it. | 我懂了 |
[02:25] | You’re a new captain, you want to make a new statement. | 你是新官 上任要烧三把火 |
[02:28] | I want us to make a new statement. | 我是想让我们都能火起来 |
[02:29] | Well, in that case, I did hear that Steven Palmer | 这样的话 我确实听说史蒂芬·帕尔默 |
[02:31] | is looking for new representation. | 在找新的代理律师 |
[02:33] | Well, you get that harpoon sharpened | 那你把鱼叉磨快点 |
[02:35] | because I’ll be expecting a nice piece of scrimshaw | 因为伙计 我可是等着这周末 |
[02:36] | by the end of the week, matey. | 能收到一块好看的鱼骨雕 |
[02:38] | – The hell is scrimshaw? – Carved whale bone. | -鱼骨雕是啥 -用鲸鱼骨做的雕刻品 |
[02:40] | What the hell’s matter with you? | 你怎么连这都不知道 |
[02:41] | Where’d you get your education? | 书在哪里读的 |
[02:42] | Not in the 1800s, I can tell you that. | 反正不是在十九世纪 这我可以保证 |
[02:44] | Well, for your information, | 其实跟你说 |
[02:45] | scrimshaw dates back to the mid-1700s– | 鱼骨雕的历史可以追溯到十八世纪中叶 |
[02:47] | And if you finish that sentence, | 你敢继续讲下去 |
[02:48] | there’s no way I’m going after Palmer. | 我就不去钓帕尔默了 |
[02:50] | Consider the sentence unfinished. | 那就当这句话没说完 |
[02:52] | Louis. | 路易 |
[02:54] | It takes a big man to come in here and say all that. | 能来这里说这些 需要很大的勇气 |
[02:57] | I appreciate that | 我很感激你说的这些话 |
[02:59] | and I’ll get you your whale. | 我会帮你钓到你想要的大鱼的 |
[03:04] | Chips ahoy, Harvey. | 加油哦 哈维 |
[03:09] | One decaf chai tea, three sugars. | 一杯加了三块糖的脱因印度茶 |
[03:14] | Brian, you’re my associate, not my assistant. | 布莱恩 你是我的助理律师 不是助理 |
[03:16] | You don’t have to bring me my preferred beverage | 我叫你来办公室的时候 |
[03:18] | when I ask to see you in my office. | 你不用给我带我爱喝的饮料 |
[03:19] | Oh, I can give it to Louis, if you don’t want it. | 你要是不想要的话 我可以拿去给路易 |
[03:21] | Gimme that, | 快给我 |
[03:22] | and it just so happens I have something for you too. | 巧了 我正好也有东西要给你 |
[03:28] | Katrina, I don’t really wear women’s– | 卡特里娜 我一般不用女香 |
[03:30] | Chelsea Conner’s Adored. | 切尔西·康纳的香水 爱慕 |
[03:32] | As in, Chelsea Conner the makeup and fragrance giant. | 正是 彩妆和香水巨头切尔西·康纳 |
[03:35] | Don’t tell me, they’re looking for representation. | 别告诉我 他们在找代理律师 |
[03:37] | They reached out to me this morning. | 他们今天早上联系了我 |
[03:38] | Apparently they heard about our Hi-Rise Fashion victory | 他们肯定是听说了我们打高升时尚胜诉的事 |
[03:40] | and now Chelsea wants us to go after a rival company | 所以切尔西想让我们对付他们的对手公司 |
[03:43] | who’s copying their flagship fragrance. | 那家公司一直在抄袭他们的明星香水 |
[03:45] | Brian, I think I might have found my partner specialty. | 布莱恩 感觉我找到了我作为合伙人的专长 |
[03:49] | Consumer goods. | 消费品 |
[03:50] | It’s not as sexy or exciting as tax law, | 虽然听起来没有税法那么性感刺激 |
[03:53] | but let’s face it, what is? | 但面对现实吧 没什么比得上它 |
[03:54] | You don’t get out much, do you? | 你不怎么出去玩吧 对吗 |
[03:56] | You know what I mean. | 你懂我的意思 |
[03:57] | I do. | 我懂 |
[03:59] | What do you need me to do? | 你需要我做什么 |
[04:00] | Find out everything there is to know about our product | 找出一切我们和对方产品的信息 |
[04:02] | and theirs and figure out a way to shut them down. | 并找出打败他们的方法 |
[04:04] | Consider it done. | 没问题 |
[04:06] | And hey, for the record, | 对了 记住 |
[04:08] | this is your victory as much as mine. | 这是我们两人的胜利 |
[04:11] | Thanks, Katrina. | 谢谢 卡特里娜 |
[04:20] | It’s got pretty good speed, | 速度挺快啊 |
[04:22] | for something that runs on plants. | 对一辆电动汽车来说很不错了 |
[04:25] | That particular vehicle runs on 91 unleaded. | 那辆车加的是91号无铅汽油 |
[04:28] | But you’re gonna make one like it that doesn’t | 但你要生产一辆与它一样但不耗油的车 |
[04:30] | because you’re more interested in changing the world | 因为相比于赚大钱 |
[04:32] | than you are in making money. | 你更在乎改变世界 |
[04:34] | For a guy I’ve never met, | 对于一个我未曾谋面的人 |
[04:35] | you know a lot about my business. | 你很了解我的生意 |
[04:36] | I make it my business to know a lot about my clients, | 我的职责就是了解我的客户 |
[04:39] | Harvey Specter. | 我是哈维·斯佩克特 |
[04:40] | And I take it you heard I’m on the market. | 我猜你听说了我正在找律师 |
[04:42] | What I’ve heard is you’re looking for a guy | 我听说的是你正在找一个 |
[04:44] | to kill it for you. | 能为你披荆斩棘的人 |
[04:45] | And you think you’re that guy. | 你觉得你就是我要找的人 |
[04:46] | I know I am. | 我知道我是 |
[04:48] | People said you were cocky. | 大家都说你很自大 |
[04:49] | People said I was confident and I am, | 大家说我很自信 而我确实如此 |
[04:52] | but only because I can back it up. | 但那是因为我有自信的资本 |
[04:53] | But I’m afraid you, uh, wasted your trip, | 但恐怕你白跑了一趟 |
[04:56] | because I’m not signing with you. | 因为我不会签你 |
[04:58] | – Why not? – You have a reputation. | -为什么 -你的名声在外 |
[05:00] | My reputation is being the best closer in the city, | 我是城里最好的律师 |
[05:03] | which is exactly why you should sign with me. | 正因为如此你该和我签约 |
[05:05] | It’s also that you never do what you’re told, | 同时你也从来不听命令行事 |
[05:08] | and I may consider myself a maverick, | 虽然我自己特立独行 |
[05:10] | but I don’t want my lawyer to be one. | 但我不希望我的律师也这样 |
[05:11] | – Steven– – Harvey, I just said no | -史蒂芬 -哈维 我刚说了不行 |
[05:13] | and the reason is that you don’t listen. | 原因是你不听别人的话 |
[05:15] | So if you even want a shot at my business, | 所以如果你想做我的律师 |
[05:17] | your best chance at changing my mind | 最有可能让我改变主意的方法 |
[05:19] | would be to turn around and let me be. | 就是转身离开 让我自己决定 |
[05:24] | What do you say to that? | 你觉得那怎样 |
[05:27] | Hell of a car, Steven. | 是辆好车 史蒂芬 |
[05:30] | Hell of a car. | 这车真的不错 |
[05:33] | *See the money, wanna stay for your meal* | *看到钱 就愿意留下吃饭* |
[05:36] | *Get another piece of pie for your wife* | *给你太太再拿块馅饼* |
[05:40] | *Everybody wanna know how it feel* | *所有人都想知道那感觉* |
[05:43] | *Everybody wanna see what it’s like* | *所有人都想见见那景象* |
[05:46] | *I’ll even eat a bean pie, I don’t mind* | *豆子馅饼我也愿吃 我不在乎* |
[05:50] | *Me and Missy is so busy, busy making money* | *我和妹子忙着赚钱* |
[05:54] | *All right* | *好了* |
[05:55] | *All step back, I’m ’bout to dance* | *退开点 我要跳舞* |
[06:01] | *The greenback boogie* | *美钞爵士摇摇摇* |
[06:05] | – Hello. – Yes. | -喂 -好的 |
[06:07] | The answer is yes. | 答案是”好的” |
[06:09] | Yes to what? | 什么答案 |
[06:11] | Yes to the question that you asked me. | 你昨天问我那个问题的答案 |
[06:13] | I’m sorry, you’re going to have to forgive me, | 不好意思 你得原谅我 |
[06:14] | but, um, which question was that | 但你说的是哪个问题 |
[06:15] | because I’m a very, curious person. | 因为我是个好奇宝宝 |
[06:18] | I ask a lot of questions. | 经常问问题 |
[06:19] | Okay, I get it. | 好吧 我明白了 |
[06:21] | You want to hear me say the words. | 你想让我说那些话 |
[06:22] | Yes, I will go out with you. | 行 我愿意和你约会 |
[06:24] | I might have. | 也许我确实想听 |
[06:25] | Well, I just did. | 好吧 我刚已经说了 |
[06:26] | Good, in that case, | 很好 那样的话 |
[06:27] | the answer to your question is also yes. | 对你的问题 我的答案也是”是的” |
[06:30] | I didn’t ask you a question. | 我没问你问题 |
[06:31] | But you were going to ask if I made reservations, | 但你打算问我有没有订位置 |
[06:33] | and yes, I already made some. | 是的 我已经订了 |
[06:35] | How could you know that? | 你怎么知道我会同意 |
[06:36] | Well, one, I’m an optimist | 首先我是个乐天派 |
[06:39] | and, two, I know you’ve spent your entire career | 其次我知道你的整个职业生涯 |
[06:42] | making plans for other people | 都在为他人制定计划 |
[06:43] | and I thought you might appreciate | 我想也许你会喜欢 |
[06:44] | someone making plans for you. | 其他人为你制定计划 |
[06:46] | Yeah, I would. | 没错 我很喜欢 |
[06:48] | Here’s what I want you to do. | 这是接下来你要做的事 |
[06:49] | Be ready for me to pick you up tomorrow night at 7:00, | 做好准备 明晚我七点来接你 |
[06:51] | wear something stunning and, hope to God I show up. | 穿件美艳动人的衣服 并祈祷我会出现 |
[06:56] | Done. | 成交 |
[06:58] | And Thomas, why did you want to hear me say it? | 托马斯 你为什么想听我说出口 |
[07:03] | Because I may be an optimist but it’s still nice to hear. | 因为虽然我很乐观 但听你说感觉还是很好 |
[07:08] | I’ll see you tomorrow night then. | 那我们明晚见 |
[07:11] | And then he tries to tell me he was right. | 然后他试图告诉我他是对的 |
[07:13] | The man shows up 30 minutes late to our date | 这家伙在我们约会时迟到三十分钟 |
[07:16] | and I’m hearing some bullshit about Johnson v. Florida. | 我还得听他扯约翰逊和佛罗里达州的那场官司 |
[07:19] | He didn’t. | 不会吧 |
[07:20] | Hey, that’s what she gets for dating a law student. | 和法学生约会就是这个后果 |
[07:21] | Uh, no, I was also a law student | 不 我以前也是法学生 |
[07:24] | and somehow I still managed to communicate like a human being. | 但我还是能够像正常人一样聊天 |
[07:27] | Well, I believe my skills have gotten | 好吧 我觉得自己的社交能力 |
[07:28] | – a lot better since then. – Oh, really? | -比那时好多了 -真的吗 |
[07:29] | How are his “I’m-sorry’s” and “You-were-right-honey’s”? | 他的道歉功力怎么样了 |
[07:32] | – How do you think they are? – You know, | -你觉得呢 -你知道吗 |
[07:34] | I’m starting to think this lunch was a bad idea. | 我开始觉得这顿午餐是个馊主意了 |
[07:36] | To be honest, | 说实话 |
[07:36] | I was surprised you suggested it in the first place. | 你一开始说要一起吃午餐的时候我就很意外了 |
[07:39] | Well, the truth is Alex didn’t suggest it, I did. | 其实这不是亚历克斯的提议 而是我的提议 |
[07:42] | Well, now I’m curious. | 现在我很好奇 |
[07:44] | Rosalie figured we’d just been through a war | 罗莎莉觉得我们刚经历过一场血战 |
[07:46] | and what better way to start fresh than by breaking bread | 最好的和解方法是一起吃个饭 |
[07:48] | and I figured, you’ve already met Joy | 然后我想 反正你已经见过乔伊了 |
[07:50] | and this couldn’t go any worse. | 这件事总不会更糟 |
[07:52] | Though, clearly, I was wrong. | 但很明显我错了 |
[07:53] | Well, there is another reason | 还有个原因 |
[07:55] | I wanted to sit down and have lunch. | 我想坐下吃顿午饭 |
[07:58] | After I had my babies, I left my law firm | 我生完孩子后 我辞了职 |
[08:01] | and I wanted to raise them, | 专心养育宝宝 |
[08:03] | but they are older now and it’s time to get back in the game. | 但现在他们长大了 我也该重回职场了 |
[08:07] | Wait a second, is this about your case? | 等等 你是想谈你的案子 |
[08:09] | It is. | 没错 |
[08:11] | I’ve got dozens of graduates that went to a worthless university, | 我遇到很多从野鸡大学毕业的学生 |
[08:14] | they got a worthless degree and now they’re in debt. | 他们拿着一文不值的学历 现在负债累累 |
[08:17] | And you’ve been thinking you could use a little help with it. | 你在想你需要点帮助 |
[08:19] | Yes, yes I could. | 没错 我需要 |
[08:20] | Rosalie, we didn’t talk about– | 罗莎莉 我们不是在谈… |
[08:22] | Quiet, Alex, your wife and I are talking. | 安静 亚历克斯 你老婆和我在说话呢 |
[08:25] | What kind of help do you need? | 你需要什么帮助 |
[08:28] | Robert Zane, just the man I was looking to see. | 罗伯特·赞恩 我正在找你 |
[08:30] | Whatever it is, Louis, I have a tee time in an hour. | 不管什么事 路易 一小时后是开球时间 |
[08:32] | Well, that’s okay, this won’t take long. | 没关系 不会耽误很久 |
[08:34] | What are those? My walking papers? | 这是什么 我的解雇书吗 |
[08:36] | Rigoletto tickets, best in the house. | 歌剧《弄臣》门票 绝佳位置 |
[08:39] | I know Laura’s a fan. | 我知道劳拉是歌剧粉 |
[08:39] | I wish these were my walking papers. | 我倒希望是我的解雇书 |
[08:41] | Oh, sorry, I didn’t mean to– | 抱歉 我不是故意… |
[08:42] | I’m just kidding, Louis, this is a wonderful gesture. | 开玩笑呢 路易 多谢好意 |
[08:46] | Do you mind if I ask what it’s for? | 我能问问为什么送我吗 |
[08:47] | I know that it couldn’t have been easy for you | 我知道为我退位 |
[08:49] | stepping down for me, so I just wanted to show you | 对你来说并不容易 所以我想告诉你 |
[08:50] | how much I appreciate it. | 我有多感激 |
[08:51] | Thank you, Louis, this means a lot. | 谢谢你 路易 这意义重大 |
[08:53] | Louis, Gretchen texted that you wanted to see me. | 路易 格蕾琴发消息说你想见我 |
[08:56] | Yeah, I wanted to see how it went with Steven Palmer. | 对 我想看看你和史蒂芬·帕尔默进展如何 |
[08:57] | How do you think it went? I got him on the one yard line. | 你觉得呢 我让他到了一码线上 |
[08:59] | Harvey, English, please. You know I don’t know baseball. | 哈维 请说英语 你知道我不懂棒球 |
[09:01] | In that case, the fat lady’s singing. | 就是说 胖女人在唱歌了[快结束了] |
[09:03] | That’s music to my ears. | 正合我意 |
[09:04] | Should I lob a call to get her to wrap it up? | 我要推波助澜一下吗 |
[09:06] | – Not necessary, Louis. – I got it. | -不必了 路易 -明白 |
[09:09] | You’re all over it, I won’t push. | 你全权负责 我不会施压 |
[09:10] | Robert, enjoy the tix. Gentlemen. | 罗伯特 好好欣赏演出 两位再见 |
[09:14] | Fat lady singing my ass. | 胖女人唱个屁 |
[09:16] | Excuse me? | 你说什么 |
[09:17] | The only one yard line you’re on is your own. | 你只是站在了自己的一码线上 |
[09:19] | How do you know that? | 你怎么知道的 |
[09:20] | Because it’s a lot easier to tell someone’s lying | 因为当一个人对另一个人撒谎时 |
[09:22] | when they’re lying to someone else. | 非常容易分辨 |
[09:23] | Well, for your information, I’m not really lying | 告诉你 我没有真的在撒谎 |
[09:26] | because it doesn’t matter what yard line, | 因为哪个一码线不重要 |
[09:28] | I’m landing this guy. | 我会搞定这个人 |
[09:29] | Boy, I am glad I’m not managing you anymore | 小子 我很高兴我不用再管你了 |
[09:31] | because that is some prime cut Harvey Specter bullshit. | 因为这就是高级的哈维·斯佩克特式鬼扯 |
[09:33] | Speaking of fat ladies, | 说到胖女人 |
[09:35] | you want these opera tickets? | 你要这些歌剧门票吗 |
[09:37] | ‘Cause there’s no way I’m letting Laura drag me | 因为我绝不会让劳拉又拖着我 |
[09:39] | to another four hour snooze fest. | 去打四个小时的瞌睡 |
[09:40] | – I don’t really. – That’s a good man. | -不用了 -好小伙 |
[09:46] | I have to say, I really think you married up. | 我必须说 我真的觉得你属于”上嫁” |
[09:50] | I’ve been saying that for years, | 我多年来一直这么说 |
[09:52] | but right now, I need to say something else. | 但现在 我想说点别的 |
[09:54] | I don’t want you taking that case with Rosalie. | 我不想你和罗莎莉接这个案子 |
[09:56] | Yeah, I think you made that pretty clear at lunch. | 是啊 我觉得你在吃饭时说得很清楚了 |
[09:58] | The question is, why not? | 问题是 为什么不呢 |
[10:00] | You want me to list all the hundred reasons? | 你想让我列出所有的一百条理由吗 |
[10:01] | Come on, Alex, Rosalie said it herself. | 拜托 亚历克斯 罗莎莉亲口说了 |
[10:03] | We just went to war, | 我们刚开过战 |
[10:05] | and I know you know what happened | 而且我知道你明白 |
[10:06] | between me and Katrina. | 我和卡特里娜之间发生了什么 |
[10:08] | We need something to bring us together. | 我们需要点东西来团结一致 |
[10:10] | Then let’s have a bake sale, | 那就办一场义卖活动 |
[10:12] | because there’s a reason she and I don’t mix work | 因为我和她不把工作和感情混在一起 |
[10:14] | and our relationship. | 是有原因的 |
[10:15] | Alex, I already told her I would help | 亚历克斯 我已经告诉她我会帮忙 |
[10:16] | and I am not going to break my word to your wife. | 而我不会对你老婆食言 |
[10:18] | Then I want to be clear right now. | 那我想现在就说清楚 |
[10:20] | I don’t care what happens, you leave me out of it | 我不在乎发生了什么 你别扯上我就行 |
[10:22] | because you’re two strong women who have strong opinions | 因为你们是两个女强人 |
[10:24] | about anything you’ve ever thought | 对所有事都有着强硬意见 |
[10:25] | and I don’t want to be caught in the middle of it. | 而我不想夹在中间 |
[10:27] | Well, I can’t speak for Rosalie, | 我不能代表罗莎莉 |
[10:28] | but as far as I am concerned, | 但就我而言 |
[10:29] | you will never hear one word about this case from me. | 关于这案子 我一个字都不会跟你提 |
[10:35] | Linda Janowitz, I’m Katrina Bennett, | 琳达·贾诺维茨 我是卡特里娜·班尼特 |
[10:37] | this is Brian Altman. | 这是布莱恩·阿特曼 |
[10:38] | We’re here on behalf of Chelsea Conner. | 我们代表切尔西·康纳前来 |
[10:40] | In that case, this should be a short meeting. | 这样的话 估计我们没什么好谈的 |
[10:42] | If you prefer a long court fight, that can be arranged. | 你要是喜欢漫长的法律诉讼 也可以安排 |
[10:44] | Actually, it’s been arranged. | 事实上已经安排好了 |
[10:47] | You’re trying to shut me down? | 你们想让我关门 |
[10:49] | This is a joke. | 真可笑 |
[10:50] | Oh, I don’t think you’ll be laughing | 我想等法院勒令你关门 |
[10:51] | when a court orders you to close your doors | 并烧掉你们的产品时 |
[10:53] | and burn your product. | 你就笑不出来了 |
[10:54] | And why would they do that? | 他们为什么要这么做 |
[10:55] | Because, as you’re well aware, | 你自己也很明白 |
[10:56] | there’s a 97% overlap | 因为你们的产品包装 |
[10:58] | between the packaging of your product and Adored. | 和爱慕的包装重合度高达97% |
[11:01] | It’s not because we’re copying your product | 这不是因为我们仿造了你们的产品 |
[11:02] | and we can prove it. | 而且我们能证明这一点 |
[11:03] | – Bullshit. – Is it? | -胡扯 -是吗 |
[11:04] | We market-tested every aspect of our packaging | 我们对产品包装的各个方面都做了市场测试 |
[11:07] | and based on all our focus groups, | 根据我们所有的讨论小组研究 |
[11:08] | the color that women found most appealing was red. | 女性认为最具吸引力的颜色是红色 |
[11:11] | They also responded to cursive lettering and gold foil trim, | 她们还喜欢草书体和金箔装饰 |
[11:15] | so that’s what we gave them. | 所以我们才向她们呈现了这个包装 |
[11:16] | What you gave them is a carbon copy | 你们向她们呈现的 |
[11:18] | of my client’s flagship product. | 是我客户明星产品的一个副本 |
[11:20] | And as for focus groups, the best one I know is a jury. | 至于讨论小组 我知道最好的一个是陪审团 |
[11:23] | So, pull your product from the shelves, | 所以你们把产品下架 |
[11:24] | repackage with a new name, and that lawsuit never gets filed. | 用新名称重新包装 我们就不会提交诉讼 |
[11:27] | Except for one thing. | 除了一件事 |
[11:29] | There’s no way you prove our product is a knock-off of yours | 你们无法证明我们山寨了你们的产品 |
[11:31] | when, among other things, they smell completely different, | 除了其它方面 两种产品闻起来天差地别 |
[11:34] | which anyone who takes one whiff of them can tell. | 任何人一闻就能分辨 |
[11:43] | – Hello. – Steven. | -你好 -史蒂芬 |
[11:44] | Louis Litt of Zane Specter Litt. | 我是赞恩·斯佩克特·利特律所的路易·利特 |
[11:46] | Is now a good time? | 现在方便通话吗 |
[11:47] | You must have gotten your wires crossed, Louis. | 你一定是搞错了 路易 |
[11:49] | Your firm already paid me a visit today. | 你们律所今天已经拜访过我了 |
[11:50] | I know that, I know Harvey has you well in hand. | 我知道 我知道哈维和你进展顺利 |
[11:53] | I just want to tell you how much we value your business. | 我只想告诉你我们有多重视你的生意 |
[11:55] | Value my business? You don’t have my business. | 重视我的生意 你们没有拿下我的生意 |
[11:57] | Right, well, I–I know it’s not official yet. I just– | 确实 我明白还没有正式确定 我只是 |
[11:59] | Okay, let me tell you what I told Harvey, | 好吧 让我再说一遍跟哈维说过的话 |
[12:02] | I am not interested in your firm representing me. | 我并不想让你们律所为我代理 |
[12:05] | I see. | 明白了 |
[12:07] | Do you mind if I ask why not? | 我可以问一下这是为什么吗 |
[12:09] | I’ll tell you what I told him, | 我再说一遍我对他说过的话 |
[12:10] | he has a reputation for not doing what he’s told. | 他是出了名的不按客户要求办事 |
[12:12] | Well, I certainly can’t argue with that, | 这点我当然无法反驳 |
[12:15] | but I do not have that reputation | 但我没有这种名声 |
[12:17] | and I have just become Managing Partner. | 而且我刚刚成为经营合伙人 |
[12:19] | If you just give me a chance to sit down with you– | 如果您给我一个坐下来商量的机会 |
[12:20] | You want a chance to sit down with me? | 你想坐下来跟我商量 |
[12:23] | I’m having a charity poker event tonight. | 我今晚有一个慈善扑克牌局 |
[12:26] | Well, in that case, I’ll– | 这样的话 我就… |
[12:27] | Before you answer, it’ll cost you $100,000. | 别急着答应 入场费是十万美元 |
[12:30] | So if you’re willing to part with that amount of money, | 所以如果你愿意花这样一笔钱 |
[12:32] | I’ll see you there but I have to tell you, | 我们就今晚见 但是我要告诉你 |
[12:35] | if you can’t tell when Harvey Specter’s playing you, | 如果你看不出哈维·斯佩克特何时在耍你 |
[12:37] | I’m not sure it’ll be worth your time. | 我就不确定你这一趟来得值不值了 |
[12:43] | – Anything? – I’ve been thinking about it all afternoon. | -有想法了吗 -我想了一整个下午 |
[12:45] | Without proof they’re lying, | 如果没有证据证明他们在说谎 |
[12:46] | we have no way to make our case. | 我们就没法赢案子 |
[12:48] | Shit. | 该死 |
[12:49] | Katrina, we can still back out. | 卡特里娜 我们还是可以退出的 |
[12:50] | No. We back out now, | 不 要是我们现在退出 |
[12:52] | Chelsea’s brand is going to mean nothing, | 切尔西的品牌就将变得一文不值 |
[12:53] | not to mention the fact my specialty goes out the window. | 更何况我的专长方向也会不复存在 |
[12:56] | So what are we going to do? | 那我们要怎么办 |
[12:56] | We have no choice, we have to try to get Linda Janowitz | 我们别无选择 只能对琳达·贾诺维茨取证 |
[12:58] | to break in a deposition. | 然后尽量让她露出破绽 |
[13:00] | Which isn’t going to be easy, because we have no evidence. | 而那并不容易 因为我们没有证据 |
[13:04] | Wait a second, maybe we do. | 等等 或许我们有证据 |
[13:06] | What do you mean? | 你是指什么 |
[13:06] | They lied about the packaging. | 他们在包装上说了谎 |
[13:09] | What’s to say they aren’t lying about the perfumes themselves. | 说不定他们对香水本身也没说实话 |
[13:12] | Oh, my God, you’re right. | 我的天 你说的有道理 |
[13:13] | They might smell exactly alike. | 说不定闻着也是一个样 |
[13:17] | I can’t tell if they smell the same or different. | 我分不清它俩是不是一个味道 |
[13:19] | That’s because you’re smelling them wrong. | 那是因为你闻的方法不对 |
[13:21] | Here. | 这样 |
[13:29] | Try it now. | 现在再来试 |
[13:34] | Keep your eyes closed, | 把眼睛闭上 |
[13:37] | it focuses your senses. | 这样能把感受集中在嗅觉上 |
[13:57] | Brian? | 布莱恩 |
[14:03] | – Yeah? – What do you think? | -怎么了 -你觉得怎么样 |
[14:07] | They are different. | 两种味道不一样 |
[14:08] | Well, perfume is a personal thing. | 香水的味道因人而异 |
[14:12] | It has to do with how it interacts with a person’s skin | 香水味和它与皮肤之间的反应有关 |
[14:15] | and pheromones and– it’s a personal thing. | 还与费洛蒙有关 总之就是因人而异 |
[14:19] | Yeah, personal. | 嗯 因人而异 |
[14:26] | Looks like our work is cut out for us. | 看来我们要迎难而上了 |
[14:28] | We’re gonna have to drop everything and focus on this. | 我们需要先放下其他所有工作 专注于此 |
[14:31] | I can’t. | 我不行 |
[14:32] | – What do you mean? – I know I’m your associate, | -什么意思 -我知道我是你的助理律师 |
[14:34] | but I’ve been on the Hardwick team for six months | 但是我已经在哈德威克那组忙了半年了 |
[14:36] | and tonight is the final doc review. | 今晚就该最终文档核查了 |
[14:38] | Well, there are other people on that team. | 他们组又不止你一个人 |
[14:40] | I–I don’t have anyone else. | 我这边没有其他人了 |
[14:42] | What does that mean? | 那是什么意思 |
[14:43] | It means I’m going to get you out of it. | 意思是我要把你撤出来 |
[14:50] | I’ve got to say, | 我不得不说 |
[14:51] | this is an impressive operation you got your name on. | 你当冠名合伙人的这家律所真的很不错 |
[14:54] | Well, there’s a reason Alex and I went to war, | 我和亚历克斯开战是有原因的 |
[14:57] | but I can’t believe this is the first time | 但我不信这是你第一次见 |
[14:58] | you’re seeing the offices. | 这里的办公室 |
[14:59] | It’s not. | 不是第一次 |
[15:00] | It’s just the first time I’m looking at it through new eyes. | 只是这是我第一次换个眼光看它 |
[15:03] | Ah, and what kind of eyes are those? | 换了什么眼光呢 |
[15:05] | The kind that are looking to intimidate. | 那种想震慑别人的眼光 |
[15:06] | I’m listening. | 请讲吧 |
[15:07] | I’ve got a bunch of victims | 我这里有一群受害人 |
[15:09] | who were promised the moon and the stars, | 他们曾被许诺了星星月亮 |
[15:13] | a job placement rate close to zero | 面对的却是接近于零的就业安置率 |
[15:14] | and an administration | 而行政机关却声称 |
[15:16] | that claims those promises were never made. | 他们什么都没承诺过 |
[15:18] | So in other words, they’re lying. | 换句话说就是他们没说实话 |
[15:19] | Yes, but I need an office like this | 对 但我需要一间像这样的办公室 |
[15:22] | and a partner like you to get him to admit what he knows. | 像你这样的合伙人 好让他坦白一切 |
[15:25] | And then? | 然后呢 |
[15:27] | Because even if he breaks at deposition, | 因为即使他在取证时摊了牌 |
[15:29] | we can only commit so much manpower. | 我们也只有这些人力 |
[15:31] | I’m not looking to go to trial. | 我不想上法庭 |
[15:32] | I’m looking to close in the room. | 我想就在私下解决 |
[15:33] | And how exactly are you gonna do that? | 那你要怎么做 |
[15:36] | I was thinking something like this. | 我想这么做 |
[15:42] | Well, I just like you more and more. | 我真是越来越喜欢你了 |
[15:45] | Let’s get something on the books | 我们好好打场漂亮仗 |
[15:46] | because these clowns are not going to know what hit ’em. | 因为那些小丑根本不会知道打垮他们的是什么 |
[15:51] | Katrina, if you’re here to suggest | 卡特里娜 如果你是来建议我们 |
[15:53] | that we go out for drinks again, | 像上次那样出去喝酒 |
[15:54] | I would love to but it just so happens that I– | 我其实很愿意去 但凑巧我… |
[15:56] | That’s not why I’m here, Donna. | 我不是来说这个的 唐娜 |
[15:58] | I need you to clear Brian’s schedule tonight | 我需要你清空布莱恩今晚的日程 |
[15:59] | and before you say anything– | 你先别说… |
[16:01] | Okay, I’ll take care of it. He’s all yours. | 好 交给我了 他今晚随你安排 |
[16:04] | That’s it? | 就这么简单 |
[16:05] | You’re not going to tell me that he’s been working on | 你没想跟我说他跟哈德威克的案子 |
[16:07] | the Hardwick case for six months | 已经跟了六个月 |
[16:08] | and you can’t just pull him off now? | 而你不能在这时候把他撤走 |
[16:09] | No, why would I tell you that? | 没有 我为什么要那么说 |
[16:13] | And why do you look like you want me to tell you that? | 而且为什么你一副想让我那么说的样子 |
[16:16] | Katrina, what’s going on? | 卡特里娜 发生什么了 |
[16:18] | Brian and I had a moment. | 布莱恩和我有个瞬间暧昧了一下 |
[16:21] | A moment-moment? | 是男女之间的暧昧 |
[16:23] | Yes, Donna, | 对 唐娜 |
[16:26] | a moment-moment. | 就是那种暧昧 |
[16:29] | Okay, I–I don’t want this to come off wrong, | 好吧 我不想理解错 |
[16:31] | but did you share a moment | 但是 是你们共度了暧昧一刻 |
[16:35] | or did just you have a moment? | 还是说只有你心动了一下 |
[16:36] | We had a moment, Donna, | 那一刻是双方共享的 唐娜 |
[16:38] | and nothing happened but it was 100% a moment. | 什么都没发生 但那绝对是暧昧一刻 |
[16:43] | But I need his help on this case, Donna, | 但这个案子我需要他帮忙 唐娜 |
[16:45] | he’s my associate, | 他是我的助理律师 |
[16:46] | I can’t just hide from him the rest of my life. | 我不能下半辈子就那么躲着他 |
[16:49] | Are you sure you know what you’re doing? | 你真的知道自己在做什么吗 |
[16:50] | No, I’m not. | 不 不知道 |
[16:52] | Then I just have one piece of advice. | 那我只有一条建议 |
[16:55] | If you don’t want to eat a cookie, | 如果你不想吃饼干 |
[16:57] | stay out of the kitchen. | 那就离厨房远点 |
[17:03] | – Louis. – Hey, how’s it going? | -路易 -进展如何 |
[17:04] | Nice weather we’re having. | 天气不错 |
[17:05] | You mind telling me why you lied about Steven Palmer? | 告诉我为何你要在史蒂芬·帕尔默的事上撒谎 |
[17:07] | – Listen to me– – No, I talked to him, Harvey. | -听我说 -不 我问过他 哈维 |
[17:09] | So before you lie to me again– | 所以在你继续骗我之前 |
[17:10] | I didn’t lie to you. I told you I had him and I do. | 我没骗你 我说我搞定他了 我没说错 |
[17:13] | Then why did he tell me he wants nothing to do with you? | 那他为什么跟我说不想和你扯上关系 |
[17:15] | Because that’s what all the girls say, Louis. | 因为被追求的一方都那么说 路易 |
[17:17] | And that’s exactly what he’s talking about, | 他说的就是这个意思 |
[17:19] | you don’t listen. | 是你不听 |
[17:20] | – I don’t what? – You heard me. | -你说什么 -你都听见了 |
[17:22] | – You didn’t listen. – I was sure listening | -你不听别人说话 -我确定我听到了 |
[17:24] | when you said you weren’t going to call him. | 你说不会给他打电话 |
[17:26] | I said I wasn’t going to push and I didn’t. | 我说的是不会施加压力 也确实如此 |
[17:28] | What I did was determine that I can’t trust you | 但我已经决定不能再信任你了 |
[17:30] | and now I’m taking over. | 现在由我接手 |
[17:31] | The hell you are! | 你敢 |
[17:33] | I heard him loud and clear. | 我听到他说得清清楚楚 |
[17:34] | He wanted me to show him that I respect him | 他希望我表现出对他的尊重 |
[17:36] | and that’s exactly what I’m going to do tonight. | 而我今晚就要那样做 |
[17:38] | Oh, that’s right. I know, at his poker game. | 对 我知道你想在扑克牌局上扭转局势 |
[17:39] | Well, there’s a change of plans, Harvey, | 看来计划有变 哈维 |
[17:41] | because Zane Specter Litt is still going to that game, | 因为赞恩·斯佩克特·利特律所还是要去牌局 |
[17:43] | but Litt’s going to be the one at the table. | 但坐在桌前的人将会是利特 |
[17:44] | You go to that game, | 要是你去了 |
[17:45] | all you’re going to do is show Palmer | 你只会让帕尔默知道 |
[17:47] | that you don’t know shit about poker. | 你对扑克一窍不通 |
[17:48] | And you go there, all you’re going to do is prove | 要是你去了 你只会证明 |
[17:50] | is all care about is yourself. | 你只在乎自己 |
[17:52] | So why don’t you prove us both wrong | 所以不如你按我的计划来 |
[17:54] | and do what you’re told for a change | 离我的客户远点 |
[17:55] | and back the hell off my client. | 好证明咱俩都错了吧 |
[17:56] | I’m not backing off anything. | 我不会退出的 |
[17:57] | There’s no negotiation, Harvey, | 没得商量 哈维 |
[18:00] | you stay away from that game tonight | 你给我离今晚的牌局远点 |
[18:01] | because your services are no longer needed. | 因为我不需要你的服务了 |
[18:13] | – Louis. – Steven. | -路易 -史蒂芬 |
[18:15] | I have to say, I didn’t actually think | 不得不说 我真没想到 |
[18:17] | you’d actually put your money where your mouth is. | 你会说到做到 |
[18:19] | Well, I hope tonight shows | 我希望今晚可以表明 |
[18:20] | that when I make a promise to a client, I keep it. | 我要是对客户许下了承诺 我一定会遵守 |
[18:22] | Potential client but I’ll tell you what, | 是潜在的客户 不过我这么说吧 |
[18:24] | if you can take my money tonight, | 要是你今晚能赢走我的钱 |
[18:26] | you’ll be that much closer to signing me. | 你就离签下我不远了 |
[18:28] | Why don’t we just have a seat? | 为什么我们不坐下呢 |
[18:29] | Don’t mind if I do. | 好啊 |
[18:31] | Harvey, what are you doing here? | 哈维 你来这做什么 |
[18:32] | Well, I was in the neighborhood, | 我就在这附近 |
[18:33] | I had an extra hundred thou burning a hole in my pocket | 口袋里有十万块钱没处花 |
[18:36] | and I thought to myself, | 我就暗自盘算 |
[18:37] | why not show you gentlemen how to play some cards. | 来向各位展示一下怎么打牌也无妨 |
[18:40] | You think you can take my money? | 你觉得你能赢走我的钱吗 |
[18:41] | I don’t know, but I’m sure Louis can’t. | 我不知道 但我确定路易不能 |
[18:44] | You don’t mind, do you, Louis? | 你不介意吧 路易 |
[18:46] | Of course not. I don’t mind at all. | 当然不了 我完全不介意 |
[18:54] | Katrina, there you are. | 卡特里娜 原来你在这里 |
[18:55] | I’ve been looking all over for– | 我找你找遍了 |
[18:56] | Before you say anything, I got you off Hardwick, | 先听我说 我把你从哈德威克的案子撤下来 |
[18:58] | but instead of working in the library tonight, | 但今晚我们别去图书馆工作了 |
[19:00] | I think we should work in the bullpen. It’s much– | 我觉得应该在大办公室干活 那更… |
[19:02] | Katrina, I can’t work tonight at all. | 卡特里娜 我今晚不能工作 |
[19:04] | What? I just told you I got you out. | 什么 我刚说过把你撤出来了 |
[19:05] | It’s not that, Julie’s out of town | 不是那个 朱莉出城了 |
[19:07] | and we just lost our babysitter. | 我们刚知道保姆没法过来 |
[19:09] | Are you kidding me? | 你在逗我吧 |
[19:10] | We need to do this tonight. | 我们今晚必须要工作 |
[19:11] | I know, I’m sorry. She just got sick and I don’t– | 太抱歉了 她生病了 我不知… |
[19:13] | I get it. It’s not your fault. | 我明白 不怪你 |
[19:15] | I just need your help. | 我只是需要你帮忙 |
[19:16] | Hey, look, I know it’s not ideal | 这样吧 我知道这不太方便 |
[19:19] | but we could work at my place tonight. | 但是我们今晚可以在我家工作 |
[19:22] | Your place? | 你家 |
[19:23] | I don’t know what else to do. | 我不知道还能怎么办 |
[19:26] | Okay, but we need to focus. | 好吧 但我们要专心工作 |
[19:28] | Absolutely. 100%. All business. | 当然 绝对专心 只谈工作 |
[19:31] | Once he goes down, he sleeps through the night. | 只要孩子睡下了 他整晚都不会醒的 |
[19:33] | We can work straight through. | 我们可以通宵工作 |
[19:34] | Then what time should I be there? | 那我应该什么时候到 |
[19:35] | 8:00. Do you want me to order food? | 晚上八点 要不要我叫吃的 |
[19:37] | No, I think it’s best | 不 我觉得最好是 |
[19:38] | if we’ve both eaten before I get there. | 我们各自吃饱了再见面吧 |
[19:40] | I couldn’t agree more. | 非常赞同 |
[19:44] | Raise 10,000. | 加注一万 |
[19:46] | You’re bluffing. | 你在虚张声势 |
[19:46] | Oh, that’s what he does, Steven. | 他就喜欢那么干 史蒂芬 |
[19:48] | Not me. Call. | 吓不到我 我跟注 |
[19:51] | I don’t care whether either of you are bluffing or not, | 我不在乎你们俩中是不是有人在虚张声势 |
[19:53] | because… | 因为 |
[19:55] | I have a flush. | 我有一手同花顺 |
[19:56] | Oh, shit. | 该死 |
[19:58] | Whoa, whoa, whoa, not so fast, Steven. | 别这么快动手 史蒂芬 |
[19:59] | I just happen to have a few queens | 我正好有几张Q |
[20:01] | reigning over a couple tens. | 跟着一对十 |
[20:03] | That’s bullshit. | 太扯了 |
[20:04] | You beat me on the river. | 你在最后一张河牌赢了我 |
[20:05] | Well, be that as it may, | 话虽如此 |
[20:06] | you had a 4% chance of having a flush. | 你原本有4%的机会拿同花顺 |
[20:08] | The pot odds were in my favor. | 底池赔率对我有利 |
[20:09] | River or not, I made the right call. | 不管是不是河牌 我的决定是对的 |
[20:12] | I made the right call. | 我的决定是对的 |
[20:13] | Look, I need a drink. | 我得去拿杯喝的 |
[20:15] | Louis, can I talk to you for a second? | 路易 我能跟你说句话吗 |
[20:17] | About what? | 说什么 |
[20:17] | The fact that I’m beating your ass in a game | 要说我把你赢惨了 |
[20:19] | you didn’t even think I knew how to play? | 而你根本不知道我会打牌吗 |
[20:21] | You don’t know how to play it, Louis. | 你不知道怎么玩 路易 |
[20:23] | Poker’s about playing the man | 牌局上玩的是人心 |
[20:24] | and guys like Palmer don’t like to lose. | 帕尔默那种人不喜欢输 |
[20:26] | Oh, please. You don’t give a shit about Palmer. | 得了吧 你才不在乎帕尔默 |
[20:28] | You’re just mad I beat you. | 你生气是因为我赢了你 |
[20:30] | Beat me? I just had four of a kind. | 赢我 我刚手里有四条[四张同样大的牌] |
[20:32] | But I laid it down, like I’ve been laying down all night, | 但我弃牌了 就像我整晚都在低调行事一样 |
[20:35] | because I’m trying to let him win. | 因为我想让他赢 |
[20:36] | Bullshit, you don’t let anybody win. | 瞎说 你不会让任何人赢 |
[20:38] | I do when I need them to know I can bend a knee. | 当我想让别人知道我能服软时我就会 |
[20:41] | Well, then why the hell didn’t you bend a knee to me | 既然如此 那我要求你今晚别来的时候 |
[20:43] | by not coming here like I asked? | 你怎么不服软 |
[20:44] | You didn’t ask, you ordered. | 你不是要求 而是命令 |
[20:46] | What you asked was for me to close this guy | 你要求的是让我签下这个客户 |
[20:49] | because I’m better at it than you. | 因为我比你擅长这件事 |
[20:51] | Let me get this straight. | 让我把话说清楚 |
[20:52] | You were going to throw a game he didn’t know you threw | 你打算放水让他赢 还不让他知道 |
[20:53] | just to prove you can bend a knee? | 就为了证明你能服软 |
[20:55] | He’d know it in his heart and he’d appreciate it. | 他心里明白 也会欣赏我的做法 |
[20:57] | I say it out loud, it humiliates him like you’re doing. | 我直说吧 你这种做法是在羞辱他 |
[21:00] | No, Harvey, the person I’m humiliating is you | 不 哈维 我唯一羞辱的人是你 |
[21:02] | because I am closing the client, taking your money, | 因为我要签下他 拿走你的钱 |
[21:05] | and you can’t stand me doing either one. | 而你无法接受我做这两件事中的任何一件 |
[21:06] | If that’s what you think, then let’s get it on. | 如果你这么想 那我们就开战吧 |
[21:08] | Because as of this minute, | 因为从现在开始 |
[21:10] | I don’t give a shit if we land this guy or not. | 我不在乎我们是否能签下他 |
[21:17] | Hey, how’d it go today? | 今天怎么样 |
[21:19] | I thought you said you didn’t want to be involved. | 我以为你说你不想插手此事 |
[21:21] | I said I don’t want to be involved, | 我说我不想插手 |
[21:22] | I didn’t say I don’t care. | 没说我不在乎 |
[21:23] | In that case, it went well. She’s good, Alex. | 这样的话 很顺利 她很棒 亚历克斯 |
[21:27] | – I know she is. – Then I have to ask, | -我知道她很棒 -那我得问 |
[21:29] | why don’t you want to work with her? | 你为什么不想和她共事 |
[21:31] | All right, the truth, | 好吧 实际上 |
[21:34] | Rosalie thinks I think I’m a better lawyer than her. | 罗莎莉觉得我认为自己比她更优秀 |
[21:37] | Do you? | 你是这么想的吗 |
[21:38] | I wouldn’t have married her if I thought that. | 如果我这么想就不会娶她了 |
[21:40] | Then why does she think it? | 那她为什么这么认为 |
[21:42] | We did work together once back in law school. | 我们在法学院的时候共事过一次 |
[21:45] | – Mock trial? – Pro bono. | -模拟庭审吗 -公益诉讼 |
[21:46] | Something we both cared about. | 我们俩都很在乎 |
[21:49] | The case hit a roadblock and Rosalie suggested one strategy, | 案子遇上了些困难 罗莎莉提了一个建议 |
[21:52] | I suggested a different one. | 我提了另一个 |
[21:53] | We ended up getting in a huge fight, | 我们最后大吵了一架 |
[21:55] | actually broke us up for a while. | 其实还分手了一段时间 |
[21:57] | But you got back together. | 但你们重归于好了 |
[21:58] | Because we loved each other, | 因为我们爱彼此 |
[21:59] | but we also knew if that kind of thing happened once… | 但我们也知道如果这样的事再来一次 |
[22:02] | There’s a chance it could happen again. | 你们可能还会闹掰 |
[22:03] | Which is why I’m asking you how it went instead of asking her. | 所以我来问你事情的进展 而不去问她 |
[22:07] | Well, if it makes you feel any better, | 如果这么说能让你心安 |
[22:08] | the case is in good hands | 这案子被处理得很好 |
[22:10] | and the more I get to know you, | 而且我越了解你 |
[22:12] | I’d say your marriage is in good hands. | 越觉得你的婚姻也被经营得很好 |
[22:15] | – Goodnight, Samantha. – Goodnight, Alex. | -晚安 萨曼莎 -晚安 亚历克斯 |
[22:19] | Okay, Harvey, it’s just you and me now. | 好了 哈维 现在只剩下你我了 |
[22:21] | To tell you the truth, Louis, | 说实话 路易 |
[22:24] | I’m impressed that you lasted this long. | 我很惊讶你能撑这么久 |
[22:26] | So why don’t you take your participation trophy and go home. | 不如你拿着参与奖奖杯然后回家 |
[22:29] | The only thing I’ll be going home with tonight is your money. | 今晚唯一会跟我回家的就是你的钱 |
[22:31] | You two always fight like this? | 你俩总这么争吗 |
[22:32] | Think of it this way, Steven. | 这样想吧 史蒂芬 |
[22:33] | If I fight like this at the table, | 如果我在牌局上能这么拼 |
[22:36] | imagine how I fight in a courtroom. | 想象下我在法庭上会怎样 |
[22:37] | Oh Steven, please, don’t listen to him. | 得了吧 史蒂芬 别听他的 |
[22:39] | The only thing Harvey fights hardest for is himself. | 会让哈维努力拼命的只有他自己 |
[22:41] | Raise 50,000. | 加注五万 |
[22:42] | 50 isn’t enough. I’m all in. | 五万可不够 我全押 |
[22:46] | Now, Louis, before you decide how to play the hand | 路易 在你决定要怎么打 |
[22:49] | that could clean you out, | 这把定胜负的牌之前 |
[22:50] | I want you to think of our entire history | 我想让你回想一下咱俩的历史 |
[22:53] | of me always winning and you always losing | 我总是赢 而你一直输 |
[22:57] | and when you finish doing that, | 等你回想结束后 |
[22:59] | you’ll realize it doesn’t really matter what you do, | 你会意识到不管你做什么都无所谓 |
[23:01] | because whatever it is, | 因为无论是什么 |
[23:03] | it’s going to be the wrong decision. | 都会是错误的决定 |
[23:20] | – I fold. – See? That’s exactly what I was talking about. | -我弃牌 -看见了吗 这就是我说的 |
[23:23] | All I had was ten-high. | 我只有一副散牌 最大是十 |
[23:28] | Not only did you lose, | 你不仅输了 |
[23:30] | but you have to sit here on tilt for the rest of the night | 今晚你的理智和手气也都没了 |
[23:32] | while I take the rest of your money | 而我则能拿走你剩下的钱 |
[23:34] | because like I said, poker isn’t about playing the odds. | 因为就像我说的 扑克玩的不是概率 |
[23:38] | it’s about playing the man. | 而是人心 |
[23:40] | All I have to say, that was impressive. | 我只能说 太精彩了 |
[23:42] | Well, Steven, I didn’t beat him to impress you. | 史蒂芬 我打败他不是为了征服你 |
[23:45] | I beat him because that’s what I do. | 我打败他 是因为这就是我 |
[23:47] | I don’t follow orders, I don’t bend a knee, I win. | 我特立独行 不服软 我永远是最终赢家 |
[23:51] | So if that’s the kind of lawyer you want, | 所以如果你想要他这样的律师 |
[23:53] | good luck with your business. | 那祝你好运 |
[23:54] | Now if you’ll excuse me, I’ve got Louis’ money to take. | 恕不奉陪 我要去拿路易的钱了 |
[24:02] | Shit, that woman was telling the truth. | 该死 那个女人说的是真话 |
[24:04] | According to Chelsea Conner’s own focus group, | 根据切尔西·康纳自己的讨论小组 |
[24:07] | consumers like red, cursive fonts– | 消费者喜欢红色草体字 |
[24:10] | In gold foiled trim, | 还要镶金箔的那种 |
[24:12] | which means we’ve officially got gold foiled nothing. | 这意味着我们白费了力气 |
[24:15] | Give me the knock-off group results again. | 把那个抄袭公司的结果再给我一下 |
[24:16] | Which one? | 哪一组 |
[24:17] | – What do you mean which one? – They did, like, two dozen. | -什么意思 -他们做了二十四组 |
[24:20] | Wait a second, how many focus groups did we do? | 等等 我们做了多少 |
[24:22] | – Five. – Five versus 24? | -五组 -五组对二十四组 |
[24:25] | You thinking what I’m thinking? | 你跟我想的一样吗 |
[24:27] | If you’re thinking the only time | 如果你在想 |
[24:28] | someone does that many focus groups | 设置这么多讨论组 |
[24:30] | is when they’re trying to rig the results, then yes, I am. | 是为了操纵结果 那我就是这么想的 |
[24:33] | And if we know what we’re looking for, | 如果我们知道要找什么 |
[24:35] | we know what to do. | 我们就知道怎么办 |
[24:36] | Which means our work here is done. | 就是说我们的工作完成了 |
[24:40] | What? | 怎么了 |
[24:40] | It looks like it doesn’t matter where we work, | 看起来无论我们在哪工作 |
[24:42] | we make a great team. | 我们都是个好团队 |
[24:45] | That we do. | 的确如此 |
[24:47] | Great job tonight, Brian. | 今晚干得漂亮 布莱恩 |
[24:49] | Good. Focus, effort, got the job done. | 很好 专注 努力 解决问题 |
[24:56] | just in time. | 正好 |
[25:02] | Hey buddy. | 你好啊 伙计 |
[25:05] | Looks like someone wants to say hello. | 看来有人想打招呼啊 |
[25:08] | That’s okay. I can say hello from here. | 没事 我在这打招呼就行了 |
[25:11] | You’ve never held a baby, have you? | 你从没抱过小孩 是不是 |
[25:15] | I have– I’ve held millions of babies. | 我抱过的小孩可多了 |
[25:17] | Well then, I guess you won’t mind holding one more. | 这样的话 我猜你不介意再抱一个 |
[25:20] | Okay. | 行吧 |
[25:23] | How do I do it? | 我该怎么做 |
[25:25] | Here. | 接着 |
[25:27] | You just take him in your arms. | 你只要把他抱在臂弯里就行了 |
[25:29] | – Like this. – Okay. | -就像这样 -好的 |
[25:31] | Yeah. | 很好 |
[25:42] | I have to go. | 我得走了 |
[25:55] | Mr. DiBiase, can you explain why people pay up | 迪比亚斯先生 你能解释一下为什么 |
[25:58] | to $25,000 a year to go to your college. | 你们大学每年要收两万五的学费吗 |
[26:01] | Why does anyone go to college? | 那人们为什么要上大学 |
[26:02] | To make their lives better. | 无非是为了拥有更好的人生 |
[26:03] | And you promised their lives will be better by using lies. | 你也确实承诺如此 不过是以撒谎的方式 |
[26:07] | We help our students invest in their future. | 我们帮助学生投资未来 |
[26:10] | By taking on a mountain of debt and loans, | 代价却是负债累累 |
[26:12] | which your college profits from | 你们学校正是从此牟利 |
[26:13] | and you profit from personally. | 你个人也从中牟利 |
[26:14] | – That is not true. – Isn’t it? | -这话就错了 -是吗 |
[26:17] | Half your pay is tied to loan origination, correct? | 你工资的一半都与贷款发放有关 对吗 |
[26:20] | That doesn’t mean that I profit from the loans. | 这也并不意味着我从贷款中获利了 |
[26:23] | It means that it doesn’t matter | 这意味着 |
[26:25] | whether students find jobs or not, | 学生是否找到工作并不重要 |
[26:27] | as long as bodies keep coming through that door, | 只要一直有人进门 |
[26:28] | signing their lives away with debt. | 然后签字把他们的人生拱手相让给债务就行了 |
[26:30] | And you’re paid to say whatever it takes | 而你就是被雇来不择一切手段 |
[26:32] | to make that happen, aren’t you? | 来让这样的情况发生的 不是吗 |
[26:33] | Don’t answer that question. | 不要回答这个问题 |
[26:34] | Then I’ll answer it for you. | 那我来替你回答吧 |
[26:35] | You are paid to do that and once we prove that, | 你就是被雇来干这个的 一旦我们证明这点 |
[26:39] | we can come after you personally. | 我们可以以个人名义起诉你 |
[26:42] | – Is that true? – No it isn’t | -她说的是真的吗 -不是 |
[26:44] | and even if they do, we’ll indemnify you. | 就算如此 我们也会让你脱身的 |
[26:45] | So it’s not true, but it might be true? | 所以你现在否认了 但它仍然有可能是真的 |
[26:49] | Who do you think she’s looking out for, Frank? | 你觉得她维护的是谁 弗兰克 |
[26:51] | You or Logan Tech? | 是你还是罗根理工 |
[26:53] | They’re going to say you lied to inflate your compensation– | 他们会说是你为了拿到更多赔偿金撒了谎 |
[26:56] | Then they’re gonna hang you out to dry | 然后他们就会把你晾在那等死 |
[26:57] | and wipe their hands clean. | 再把自己的手擦干净 |
[26:58] | And this is your one and only chance, | 你有且仅有这一次机会 |
[27:00] | because right now, we will waive your liability. | 因为此刻 我们会免除你的责任 |
[27:02] | You know what? We’re done here. | 本次取证结束了 |
[27:07] | I lied about the numbers. | 我在数字上撒谎了 |
[27:08] | And did the Board of Directors | 是不是董事会 |
[27:10] | instruct you to tell those lies? | 授意你说谎的 |
[27:13] | They did. | 是的 |
[27:14] | We’ll accept a settlement of $50,000 per plaintiff. | 我们开出的和解条件是每位原告赔偿五万 |
[27:17] | $15,000 and that is the best you’re gonna get. | 一万五已经是你们能拿到的最好条件了 |
[27:19] | The best we’re gonna get is if we play that tape in court | 我们要真想拿到最好条件 就会在庭上放带子 |
[27:21] | and a jury is gonna give us $100,000. | 到时候陪审团会给我们每人十万 |
[27:24] | Well, if you do, you won’t even get 15,000 | 如果你们真这么做 连一万五都拿不到 |
[27:25] | because we’ll be bankrupt | 因为我们会破产 |
[27:27] | and if you don’t believe me, | 如果你们不相信我 |
[27:28] | I’ll send over our books to prove it. | 我可以把账本寄过来证明 |
[27:35] | Good, you’re still here. | 很好 你还在这 |
[27:36] | Actually, I’m leaving early because I have plans. | 实际上 我要早退了 因为我还另有计划 |
[27:38] | The only plans you have is to stay here and help me. | 你唯一的计划就是留下来帮我 |
[27:40] | Okay, Louis, | 好吧 路易 |
[27:42] | if you want my help, | 如果你想让我帮忙 |
[27:43] | I’d start with “What’s so important?” | 我会先问”什么事这么重要” |
[27:45] | As usual, Harvey’s out of control. | 跟往常一样 哈维失控了 |
[27:47] | He lied to me about landing Steven Palmer, | 他在拿下史蒂芬·帕尔默这个客户的事上骗我 |
[27:48] | then defies me by showing up to his goddamn card game | 然后又因我出现在他那该死的牌局上而蔑视我 |
[27:51] | then he proceeds to humiliate me and a potential client. | 接着他又开始羞辱我和一个潜在客户 |
[27:54] | And what do you want me to do about it? | 你想让我对此怎么做 |
[27:56] | I want you to do for me what I know you did for Thomas. | 你怎么帮托马斯的 你就怎么帮我 |
[27:58] | – What? – Matchmake, Donna. | -什么 -做个媒 唐娜 |
[28:00] | I want you to stay here to find me the perfect whale | 我想让你留在这给我找条大鱼 |
[28:02] | so I can prove I close just as well as Harvey can. | 这样我就能证明我解决案子的本事不比哈维差 |
[28:04] | Louis, I’m sorry you’re in this situation | 路易 我很抱歉你身处如此境地 |
[28:06] | and I would be happy to help you at any other time, | 换在其他时间 我肯定愿意帮你 |
[28:09] | but not tonight because like I said, I have plans. | 但今晚不行 因为我说过 我另有计划了 |
[28:12] | Yeah, what, more drinks with the girls? | 是吗 什么计划 跟闺蜜一起喝酒吗 |
[28:13] | It’s not a girls night, it’s my night. | 今晚不是闺蜜之夜 今晚属于我 |
[28:15] | You think I wouldn’t rather spend my evening with Sheila? | 你以为我晚上不愿意跟希拉在一起吗 |
[28:17] | But I need this, Donna, and I need it tonight, | 但我需要这个 唐娜 今晚就要 |
[28:20] | and you said you feel responsible | 你也说过 你觉得自己有责任 |
[28:21] | for me running this firm. | 让我来运营律所 |
[28:22] | Fine, you want my help? Here it is. | 好吧 你想让我帮忙 那这就是我的建议 |
[28:25] | Instead of trying to prove to Harvey | 与其证明给哈维看 |
[28:26] | that you’re a better closer than he is, | 你比他更强 |
[28:28] | why don’t you act like a grown-up and work it out. | 你为何不像个成年人一样自己解决问题呢 |
[28:30] | Or don’t, either way I’m going out | 或者不这样也行 反正我都要走 |
[28:32] | because I’ve earned it. | 因为我值得 |
[28:33] | Donna, I’m giving you a direct order. | 唐娜 我现在给你下的是直接命令 |
[28:35] | So you can follow it or don’t but if you don’t, | 做与不做取决于你 但如果你不做 |
[28:39] | don’t you ever tell me that you feel responsible | 你就别再跟我说什么 你觉得自己要为 |
[28:41] | for putting me in this position again. | 让我坐上这个位置而负责 |
[28:48] | – That was amazing! – You were amazing. | -刚刚真是不可思议 -是你太不可思议了 |
[28:50] | No, you were amazing. | 不 是你 |
[28:53] | All right, I was. | 好吧 老娘确实是惊为天人 |
[28:56] | You know what’s even more amazing | 更不可思议的是 |
[28:58] | is that we’re gonna get $50,000 per client. | 每位客户都能拿到五万赔偿 |
[29:00] | You mean $15,000 per client. | 你是说一人一万五吧 |
[29:01] | No, 50. | 不 五万 |
[29:04] | Don’t tell me you believed that bullshit about their books. | 别告诉我你信了他们那套关于账本的鬼话 |
[29:06] | You bet your ass I believed it. | 我当然信 |
[29:09] | They’re not gonna send over cooked books. | 他们才不会把假账寄过来 |
[29:10] | Rosalie, crying poor is the oldest trick in the book. | 罗莎莉 哭穷是老套路了 |
[29:13] | Not as old as being poor. | 要是真穷 那就不是套路了 |
[29:14] | Well, I was poor and if you ask me, | 我穷过 如果你问我 |
[29:16] | I’d rather have 50,000 than 15,000. | 我更想要五万而不是一万五 |
[29:17] | And I’d rather get them a million, | 我还想给他们一百万呢 |
[29:19] | but that’s not the choice that’s on the table. | 可惜台面上没这个选择 |
[29:21] | Listen to me, | 听我说 |
[29:22] | I know you’re excited about getting an offer | 我知道你在离开很久之后 |
[29:24] | after being out of the ring for so long– | 拿到了对方开出的条件很高兴 |
[29:25] | This isn’t about being out of the ring, | 这与我不在无关 |
[29:28] | this is about getting money for my clients. | 这关系到的是为我的客户争取赔偿 |
[29:31] | Well, it’s also supposed to be about getting back | 但这也应该跟回归游戏 |
[29:32] | in the game and building a reputation. | 与建立口碑有关 |
[29:35] | And this builds a reputation for me just fine. | 这样的条件已经可以给我一个好口碑了 |
[29:37] | Yeah, as someone any competent attorney | 没错 是够其他有能力的律师 |
[29:39] | can eat for breakfast. | 当早餐了 |
[29:39] | Okay, you know what, I’ve heard you out, | 行了 我听你说完了 |
[29:41] | now you’re going to hear me. | 现在轮到你听我说了 |
[29:42] | I heard you and I’m telling you | 我听到了 并且我告诉你 |
[29:44] | you are making the wrong call. | 你在做出错误的决定 |
[29:45] | Well, I disagree and I appreciate your help | 对此我持不同意见并且我很感谢你的帮忙 |
[29:48] | but this is my case and we’re taking the offer. | 但这是我的案子 我们要接受这个条件 |
[29:54] | Ms. Janowitz, | 贾诺维茨女士 |
[29:55] | why did you conduct two dozen focus groups | 你为什么要在产品发布前 |
[29:57] | before launching your product? | 成立24个讨论组呢 |
[29:59] | To test the consumers’ response to the product. | 为了测试消费者对这款产品的反应 |
[30:01] | Except you weren’t just testing their responses, were you? | 但你不只是在测试他们的反应 对吗 |
[30:04] | You were reshaping them. | 你在重新修整它们 |
[30:05] | Making changes based on results is the point of a test. | 以结果为基础作出改动本就是测试的目的之一 |
[30:08] | You mean deliberate changes to make your packaging | 你是说故意把产品的外包装 |
[30:10] | look more and more like our client’s. | 改得跟我方客户的产品极其相似吗 |
[30:12] | I already explained this, women respond– | 我已经解释过了 女性的响应 |
[30:14] | We all know what women respond to. | 我们都知道女性会响应什么样的产品 |
[30:17] | And you know what? | 你知道吗 |
[30:18] | You gave them exactly what they were looking for. | 你给的正是她们想要的 |
[30:20] | You offered a package they couldn’t resist | 她们根本无法抗拒这款产品的包装 |
[30:23] | and that confused them | 因此被迷惑 |
[30:24] | and you can’t deny that you knew what you were doing | 你也无法否认你知道自己的所作所为 |
[30:27] | and how it made them feel. | 以及这样的行为会带给她们什么样的感受 |
[30:29] | Is there a question here? | 刚刚那些话是在问问题吗 |
[30:30] | I have a question. | 我有一个问题 |
[30:31] | Did you know you were breaking the rules | 你知道引诱我们的忠实客户误入歧途 |
[30:34] | by enticing our loyal customers to stray? | 是违反了规则的吗 |
[30:36] | We didn’t break any rules. | 我们没有违反任何规则 |
[30:38] | But you flirted with them. | 但你确实玩弄了消费者的感情 |
[30:39] | What someone buys is their choice. | 人们想买什么是他们的选择 |
[30:41] | Except you confused that choice and as a result | 但你混淆了选项 |
[30:43] | people wanted something they didn’t mean to want, | 导致人们对他们本不想要的东西产生了欲望 |
[30:45] | but couldn’t help themselves | 却又情难自禁 |
[30:46] | That’s not true. | 这不是事实 |
[30:47] | Just admit it, you confused innocent customers | 你就承认吧 你混淆无辜消费者的视听 |
[30:50] | about what they wanted because you wanted to be | 因为你想让自家产品变成他们想要的那款产品 |
[30:52] | what they wanted so they would choose you. | 这样他们就会选择你 |
[30:54] | But they can’t choose you, they just can’t. | 但他们不能选择你 就是不能 |
[30:56] | No matter how much they want to | 不管他们有多想 |
[30:57] | because they’ve already chosen someone else. | 因为他们已经选择了别人了 |
[30:58] | All right, I don’t know what’s going on | 行了 我不知道你们俩之间 |
[31:00] | between the two of you, but this deposition is over. | 发生了什么 但这次取证已经结束了 |
[31:11] | Alex, we need to talk. | 亚历克斯 我们得谈谈 |
[31:13] | No, we do not because there’s only one thing | 不行 因为你到这来 |
[31:15] | you’d be here to talk about, | 只会谈一件事 |
[31:16] | and I already told you I want to stay out of it. | 我告诉过你了 我想置身事外 |
[31:17] | Well before you say that, | 在你说这话之前 |
[31:18] | you should know Rosalie’s about to make a huge mistake. | 你应该知道罗莎莉要犯下大错了 |
[31:20] | What are you talking about? No, forget I asked that. | 你在说什么 算了 当我没问 |
[31:23] | Well, you did ask, we’ve got them by the throat | 但你确实问了 我们本来已经快拿下他们了 |
[31:25] | but they’re saying unless we take 30¢ on the dollar, | 但他们说除非我们只拿三毛钱 |
[31:27] | they’re gonna go bankrupt. | 不然他们就要破产 |
[31:28] | – What? – That right there. | -什么 -就是这边 |
[31:29] | You know what I’m getting at, they’re not going bankrupt. | 你知道我要说什么 他们不会破产的 |
[31:31] | Samantha, I’m not going to stick my nose in her case. | 萨曼萨 我不想介入她的案子 |
[31:33] | I’m not asking you to stick your nose in, | 我也没让你介入 |
[31:34] | I’m asking if you think I’m right. | 我问的是你觉得我的看法对不对 |
[31:35] | I think I said I’d say out of it. | 我以为我已经说过我想置身事外了 |
[31:36] | Which means you do agree with me | 也就是说你同意我的观点 |
[31:37] | and all I’m saying is I think we should counter. | 我想说的就是我们必须反驳 |
[31:39] | – Then counter. – I can’t, she’s first chair. | -那就反驳 -我没办法 她是首席律师 |
[31:41] | Well, what do you want me to do about that? | 那你想让我怎么办 |
[31:42] | I want you to tell her you think my way is better. | 我想让你告诉她你认为我的方式更好 |
[31:45] | God damn it, I don’t want to say whose way is better! | 该死的 我不想说谁的方式更好 |
[31:49] | Alex, | 亚历克斯 |
[31:51] | I know you don’t want to cause conflict with your wife, | 我知道你不想跟你妻子起冲突 |
[31:53] | but you know this is the right thing to do. | 但你知道这才是正确的做法 |
[32:03] | Look, I know you kids eat late these days, | 听着 我知道你们年轻人最近吃饭都很晚 |
[32:05] | but shouldn’t you be going? | 但你不应该走了吗 |
[32:06] | Maybe, but if I can’t figure something out soon, | 或许吧 但我要是再不找出点什么 |
[32:09] | I’m gonna have to cancel with Thomas. | 我就得取消跟托马斯的见面了 |
[32:10] | What, why? | 什么 为什么 |
[32:11] | ‘Cause Louis is an asshole and so is Harvey. | 因为路易是个王八蛋 哈维也是 |
[32:13] | That’s not a reason, Donna, that’s just a Tuesday. | 这不是理由 唐娜 今天不过才周二 |
[32:16] | I know you’re kidding, Gretchen, | 我知道你在开玩笑 格蕾琴 |
[32:17] | but I don’t find it funny | 但我不觉得好笑 |
[32:18] | that Louis and Harvey are in a fight | 路易和哈维又开始相杀了 |
[32:20] | and it’s going to ruin my night. | 这会毁掉我的夜晚 |
[32:21] | It’s not ruining anything and whatever it is, | 这不会毁掉任何东西 并且无论如何 |
[32:24] | it’s their problem, not yours. | 那都是他们的问题 不是你的 |
[32:25] | And that’s what I told Louis | 我也是这么跟路易说的 |
[32:27] | but then he threw it back in my face | 但他接着就说什么 |
[32:28] | that I’m responsible for him being Managing Partner. | 让他做经营合伙人有我的责任 |
[32:30] | I don’t give a goddamn what he did. | 我才不管他做了什么 |
[32:32] | You need to stop telling yourself that bullshit right now. | 但你现在得停止这个想法 |
[32:35] | – Gretchen, I– – No! | -格蕾琴 我 -不 |
[32:36] | Now I have seen you put this firm first | 我已经数不清有多少次 |
[32:38] | more times than I can count. | 你把律所放在第一位了 |
[32:39] | What you need to be doing is heading home, | 你现在该做的就是回家 |
[32:41] | putting on that dress I know you laid out this morning. | 然后换上那条你今早拿出来的裙子 |
[32:44] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[32:47] | But what about Louis and Harvey? | 但哈维和路易怎么办 |
[32:48] | You leave those two fools to me. | 你把那两个白痴留给我吧 |
[32:58] | Robert, can I talk to you a second? | 罗伯特 有空聊一会儿吗 |
[32:59] | Of course, Louis, what’s on your mind? | 当然 路易 你在想什么 |
[33:01] | You knew Harvey lied to me about Steven Palmer, didn’t you? | 你知道哈维在史蒂芬·帕尔默的事上骗我是吗 |
[33:04] | I did. | 是的 |
[33:05] | Robert… | 罗伯特… |
[33:08] | why didn’t you say anything? | 你为什么一个字都没提 |
[33:12] | Would you have told me if the shoe was on the other foot? | 换你是我 你会告诉我吗 |
[33:19] | No, I wouldn’t. | 不 我不会的 |
[33:20] | Now Louis, I obviously wasn’t successful | 路易 我自己跟哈维相处 |
[33:24] | dealing with Harvey myself. | 就不算成功 |
[33:26] | But from what I know of the situation, | 但就我对目前情况的所知 |
[33:28] | you stuck your head in too early and got it bit off. | 你干涉太早 结果挨了一记爆栗 |
[33:31] | What would you do? | 那你会怎么做 |
[33:32] | I make a gesture of holding my other hand out. | 我会伸手以示友好 |
[33:36] | You’d really do that? | 真的吗 |
[33:36] | Probably not, but I sure wish I would. | 也许不会 但我会希望我那么做了 |
[33:39] | And Louis, one more thing. | 路易 还有一件事 |
[33:41] | Harvey wasn’t being disrespectful to you, | 哈维不是不尊重你 |
[33:43] | he was just treating you the way he treated Jessica and me. | 他只是拿对待我和杰西卡的态度对待你 |
[33:49] | I get it, he’s an equal opportunity asshole. | 我懂 他就是个平等对待我的混蛋 |
[33:52] | Serving the community 24 hours a day. | 一天二十四小时不怠工 |
[33:55] | Thank you, Robert. | 谢谢 罗伯特 |
[33:56] | You’re welcome, Louis. | 不客气 路易 |
[34:02] | Baby, I don’t know what that celery did, | 宝贝 我不知道那根芹菜干了什么好事 |
[34:05] | but I want you to know, I’m on your side. | 但是我想告诉你 我支持你 |
[34:08] | Good, because that stalk right there just put the moves on me. | 很好 因为刚才那根菜搭讪我来着 |
[34:13] | Hey, I’ve been meaning to ask. | 我还想问你来着 |
[34:16] | How’s it going with your case? | 案子怎么样 |
[34:18] | You mean Samantha didn’t tell you? | 萨曼莎没告诉你吗 |
[34:20] | We got an offer and it’s amazing. | 我们拿到了报价 而且不错 |
[34:21] | That’s great. | 真好 |
[34:24] | How much? | 多少 |
[34:26] | – I don’t believe it. – Believe what? | -难以置信 -难以置信什么 |
[34:28] | You think I can’t tell when you’re trying to back door | 你以为我看不出来 |
[34:30] | your way into a conversation? | 你是有话要说 |
[34:32] | Your mother’s 80th birthday come to mind? | 记得你妈妈八十大寿的事吗 |
[34:34] | Rosalie– | 罗莎莉… |
[34:35] | Samantha told you and you agree with her, admit it. | 萨曼莎告诉你了 而且你赞成她 承认吧 |
[34:37] | All right, I do | 好吧 是的 |
[34:39] | because I’ve seen people cook the books before. | 因为我见过他们用这种招数 |
[34:40] | Damn it, Alex, | 该死的 亚历克斯 |
[34:42] | this is exactly what happened in law school. | 在法学院的时候就是这样 |
[34:44] | You think you know better than me. | 你觉得你比我聪明 |
[34:47] | Well, if you don’t respect me as a lawyer, | 要是你不把我当做律师尊重 |
[34:49] | why don’t you just tell me to my face? | 为什么不直接告诉我 |
[34:51] | Because I do have faith in you | 因为我对你真的有信心 |
[34:52] | and the only thing that’s the same about law school | 唯一和法学院一样的事 |
[34:53] | is that you don’t believe me, but I do respect you | 就是你不相信我 但我真的尊重你 |
[34:55] | which is why I’m telling you to your face | 所以我才当面告诉你 |
[34:57] | I think you should reject that deal. | 我觉得你该拒绝 |
[34:59] | It didn’t sound like you were going | 听起来你本来没打算 |
[35:00] | to tell me that to my face. | 直白告诉我 |
[35:01] | That’s because you have a chip on your shoulder | 那是因为你有心结 |
[35:02] | that always shows up whenever we talk about the law, | 只要谈起法律你就过不去 |
[35:04] | which is why I didn’t want to get involved in the first place. | 所以一开始我才会打算置身事外 |
[35:09] | You really respect me as a lawyer? | 你真的把我当做律师尊重吗 |
[35:13] | I wouldn’t have married you if I didn’t. | 要是不尊重你我也不会娶你 |
[35:16] | So can we please put our guns down | 我们能不能不吵架 |
[35:17] | and just forget that I said anything? | 当做我什么都没说 |
[35:19] | No, we can’t. | 不能 |
[35:21] | But we can put our guns down. | 但是可以不吵架 |
[35:23] | What do you mean? | 什么意思 |
[35:24] | I mean, I want to take you through | 意思是 我想给你讲讲 |
[35:27] | why I think I’m making the right decision. | 我为什么觉得我是对的 |
[35:34] | Gretchen, what can I do for you? | 格蕾琴 有什么能效劳的 |
[35:36] | You need to sit your ass down and listen to me. | 你给我坐下乖乖听着 |
[35:37] | Excuse me? | 什么 |
[35:39] | Yeah, I can see you’re on your way to some fancy dinner | 你没听错 我看得出你正要去吃高级晚宴 |
[35:40] | or card game or whatever nonsense | 或去赴牌局 或者你最近在花时间搞的 |
[35:42] | you’re spending your time on these days, | 什么无聊的新爱好 |
[35:44] | but you need to turn yourself around | 但你需要停下 |
[35:45] | and make things right with Louis. | 先去和路易和好 |
[35:47] | I don’t need to do anything. This is between me and Louis. | 我什么都不需要做 这是我和路易的事 |
[35:49] | No, it isn’t because when the two of you | 不 不是 因为你们俩 |
[35:51] | get into one of your death matches, | 一开始决斗 |
[35:53] | it puts a burden on the rest of us | 就会让剩下的我们都受罪 |
[35:55] | and I, for one, am tired of it. | 比如我 已经厌倦了 |
[35:56] | Oh, you’re tired of it, are you? | 您厌倦了是吗 |
[35:58] | Yes, I am. | 是的 |
[35:59] | Makes me sick the two of you acting like children | 你们俩这么幼稚真是让我受不了 |
[36:02] | and to think I was considering retiring | 我居然还考虑过退休 |
[36:04] | when if I left right now, | 想想要是我现在走 |
[36:05] | the two of you would shit all over your bunk beds. | 你们俩明天就能闹翻天 |
[36:07] | – Are you finished? – Are you gonna make it right? | -说完了吗 -你会去和好吗 |
[36:10] | It’s a two way street, Gretchen, | 这件事是双向的 格蕾琴 |
[36:12] | and I’m not the only asshole in the room. | 这地方混蛋的人不止我一个 |
[36:14] | You’re the only one in the room right now. | 现在这屋里唯一的混蛋就是你 |
[36:17] | Okay, I’ve said my piece. | 好 我话都说完了 |
[36:20] | I would have been gentle, but sometimes someone | 我是该好好说 但有时候 |
[36:22] | just needs to knock the shit out of you | 你真的需要有人来把你骂醒 |
[36:24] | and Donna just so happens to have plans tonight. | 刚巧唐娜今晚有约了 |
[36:31] | Well? Did you talk to her? | 怎么样 跟她谈了吗 |
[36:32] | I did and she’s still going to recommend the deal. | 谈了 她还是要接受那个条件 |
[36:35] | God damn it, | 该死的 |
[36:36] | that is not what we talked about. | 这可不是我们一开始说好要做的 |
[36:38] | What we talked about was me telling her what I thought, | 我们说好的是我去告诉她我的想法 |
[36:40] | which I did, and then she changed my mind. | 我说了 但她又说服了我 |
[36:42] | Of course she did, | 当然了 |
[36:43] | ’cause as you’ve made very clear, | 因为你已经说清楚了 |
[36:45] | your relationship is more important than any client. | 没哪个客户有你老婆重要 |
[36:47] | Well, I don’t care who’s first chair, | 我不管谁是首席 |
[36:49] | I am not letting my clients down. | 我不会让客户失望 |
[36:50] | And I’m not backing Rosalie because she’s my wife, | 我支持罗莎莉不是因为她是我妻子 |
[36:52] | I’m doing it because she’s one hell of a lawyer. | 是因为她是个好律师 |
[36:54] | Don’t tell me you’re believing that shit | 别跟我说你相信什么 |
[36:55] | – about Logan Tech going under. – What I believe is | -罗根理工破产的事 -我相信的是 |
[36:57] | you don’t know whether they’re lying or not. | 你并不确定他们是否在撒谎 |
[36:59] | That’s why I want to fight to find out– | 所以我才要争 争了才能知道 |
[37:00] | And what happens if you lose that fight, because you’re not | 要是你输了这场战斗呢 因为不是只有你 |
[37:02] | the only one who knows what it’s like to be poor | 知道贫穷的滋味 |
[37:04] | and when you’re shaking the cushions for spare change, | 当你翻箱倒柜都找不到几个子儿时 |
[37:06] | the difference between 15,000 and nothing | 一万五千和零的区别 |
[37:08] | is a lot bigger than the one between 15 and 50. | 要比一万五和五万的区别大多了 |
[37:10] | – I won’t lose. – You sure? | -我不会输 -确定吗 |
[37:11] | Because you have lost before | 因为你可输过 |
[37:13] | and one of those times was to me. | 而且其中一次就是输给我 |
[37:15] | So let it go or don’t, | 所以随你放不放手 |
[37:19] | but I’m backing my wife. | 但我要支持我妻子 |
[37:20] | And one more thing, you said it yourself, | 还有一件事 你自己也说了 |
[37:23] | this was supposed to bring us together. | 这件事本该让我们关系更亲密 |
[37:26] | Fine, I’ll let it go. | 好吧 我放手 |
[37:30] | But that does not mean I agree. | 但这并不意味着我认为她是对的 |
[37:31] | If it makes you feel any better, | 如果我说出来能让你好受点 |
[37:33] | if the two of you didn’t team up on this, | 要是你们俩没有联手 |
[37:35] | those people would be getting nothing. | 那些人什么都拿不到 |
[37:57] | You ran right out after the deposition | 你在取证之后就直接冲出去了 |
[37:59] | and I wanted to make sure you’re– | 我想确认你还好 |
[38:00] | I’m not. | 我不好 |
[38:06] | – Katrina– – Brian, we can’t. | -卡特里娜 -布莱恩 我们不能 |
[38:10] | I know. | 我知道 |
[38:12] | It’s no one’s fault. | 这不是谁的错 |
[38:14] | I know. | 我知道 |
[38:17] | What are we gonna do? | 我们该怎么办 |
[38:22] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[38:26] | But you can’t be my associate anymore. | 但你不能再做我的助理律师了 |
[38:48] | So you’re sticking with that, | 所以你不准备改了 |
[38:49] | your all-time favorite is Springsteen? | 你最爱的一直都是斯普林斯汀 |
[38:51] | Are you kidding? | 你在开玩笑吗 |
[38:51] | I mean, in the beginning it was just me and my garage. | 一开始只有我和我的车库 |
[38:54] | I would sketch designs on the wall, | 我会在墙上画下我的设计 |
[38:55] | crank the Boss, and just build. | 听着老板的歌进行创作 |
[38:58] | Well, looking at your pieces, | 看看你的作品 |
[39:00] | it’s obvious you’re doing what you love. | 很明显你在做你热爱的事情 |
[39:02] | What about you? | 你呢 |
[39:03] | What about twenty-something Donna? | 二十几岁的唐娜是什么样的 |
[39:04] | What was she up to? | 她在做什么 |
[39:05] | Twenty-something Donna was eating ramen every night | 二十几岁的唐娜每天晚饭都吃着拉面 |
[39:10] | and acting in an off, off, extra off Broadway production | 在一个和百老汇出品差很多的《朱门巧妇》里 |
[39:15] | of “Cat on a Hot Tin Roof.” | 出演一个角色 |
[39:16] | Careful Maggie, your claws are showing. | 当心了麦琪 你的爪子露出来了 |
[39:19] | You know “Cat on a Hot Tin Roof”? | 你知道《朱门巧妇》 |
[39:20] | Know it? I was Brick. | 何止知道 我演过布雷克 |
[39:23] | In college? | 在大学里吗 |
[39:23] | No, 9th grade, but it’s not the point. | 不 九年级的事情 但这不重要 |
[39:26] | The point is, if I wasn’t so bad at acting, | 重要的是 要不是我演戏如此糟糕 |
[39:28] | I never would’ve realized my passion for design. | 我也不会意识到我对设计的热情 |
[39:30] | Oh, so you’re saying that I was a bad actor | 所以你的意思是我是个很好的首席运营官 |
[39:32] | and that’s why I’m a great COO? | 全托了我演技差的福 |
[39:33] | Well, you certainly couldn’t hide the fact | 但你确实没能藏住 |
[39:34] | that you liked me when we first met. | 初次见面时你就喜欢我的事实 |
[39:36] | Oh-ho-ho, is that really how you want to play this? | 这就是你的招数吗 |
[39:38] | Well, it doesn’t have to be. | 不必这样的 |
[39:40] | In retrospect, I probably shouldn’t have been. | 回想起来 我也许就不会这么做了 |
[39:41] | You know, is it getting hot in here or is it… | 你知道的 是这里变热了还是怎么… |
[39:46] | See, I knew you liked me. | 我知道你喜欢我 |
[39:49] | I do. | 确实 |
[39:52] | And I’ll tell you something else, | 我告诉你点别的事情 |
[39:55] | as you know, I was worried | 你也知道 我一直很担心 |
[39:56] | about mixing business with pleasure. | 我会把公私事混为一谈 |
[39:59] | But? | 然而 |
[40:00] | I haven’t thought about business all night. | 我一晚上都没想公事 |
[40:03] | So it’s been all pleasure. | 所以今晚充斥着乐趣 |
[40:05] | Yeah, it has. | 是的 确实如此 |
[40:08] | Me too. | 我也有同感 |
[40:09] | I mean, do you wanna do somewhere and get a night cap? | 你想换个地方喝杯夜酒吗 |
[40:12] | I’d love that. | 非常乐意 |
[40:23] | Louis, I’ve been looking all over for you. | 路易 我到处找你 |
[40:24] | I was looking all over for you too | 我也在到处找你 |
[40:26] | and I got thirsty, | 然后我渴了 |
[40:28] | thought I’d make myself a caffeine-free prunie. | 所以我就给自己做了杯不含咖啡因的布鲁尼 |
[40:30] | Do they usually have caffeine? | 这玩意原来有咖啡因吗 |
[40:32] | You’d be surprised. | 那可不 |
[40:35] | I don’t know how to say it | 我不知道该怎么开口 |
[40:36] | so I’m just gonna come out with it. | 所以我就直说了 |
[40:38] | I’m sorry. | 对不起 |
[40:39] | I’m sorry too, Harvey. | 我也很抱歉 哈维 |
[40:41] | I stepped in too early, I shouldn’t have | 我过早介入了 我不该这么做的 |
[40:43] | and I wish I could say that I won’t do it again | 我也希望我能说我不会再这么做了 |
[40:45] | but… I probably will. | 但…我大概还是会再犯的 |
[40:48] | Oh, you definitely will. | 你绝对会的 |
[40:49] | You are right, | 你说得对 |
[40:51] | but another thing I might do again | 还有一件事我会做第二次 |
[40:52] | is call the client that I’m trying to sign | 那就是当我致电我想签的客户时 |
[40:54] | and tell them to sign with you | 我会让他们跟你签约 |
[40:55] | because you are the best lawyer | 因为你是我共事过的 |
[40:56] | that I have ever worked with, Harvey, | 最棒的律师 哈维 |
[40:57] | and that’s never going to change. | 这一点永远不会改变 |
[40:59] | You called Palmer and said that? | 你在电话里跟帕尔默这么说的 |
[41:00] | I did. | 是的 |
[41:02] | That’s funny because I called him | 那就有意思了 因为我也打电话给他 |
[41:04] | and told him I was the best lawyer | 告诉他我是你共事过的 |
[41:06] | you’ve ever worked with too. | 最棒的律师 |
[41:07] | No, you didn’t. | 不 你没有 |
[41:08] | No, I didn’t. | 是的 我没有 |
[41:09] | I told him he should sign with you | 我告诉他 他应该跟你签约 |
[41:10] | because there’s no lawyer in this city | 因为这个城市里我最怕的就是 |
[41:13] | that I’d be more afraid to go up against than you. | 跟你对台打官司 |
[41:17] | You think it worked? | 你觉得这样有用吗 |
[41:19] | To tell you truth, | 告诉你实话吧 |
[41:20] | I don’t care if we sign Steven Palmer or not. | 我不在乎我们有没有签下史蒂芬·帕尔默 |
[41:22] | We are the two best lawyers in the city | 我们是这个城市里最棒的两个律师 |
[41:25] | and that is never going to change. | 这一点永远不会变 |
[41:28] | – Thank you, Harvey. – Thank you, Managing Partner. | -谢谢 哈维 -该谢你 经营合伙人 |
[41:35] | Prunie? | 要来点布鲁尼吗 |
[41:36] | Don’t mind if I do. | 好的 |
[41:54] | Well, this is me. | 我到家了 |
[41:59] | I know. | 我知道 |
[42:03] | Wow, they never actually come that fast when I want them to. | 我打车的时候车可没来这么快过 |
[42:07] | What can I say, I got a way with the cabs. | 我能说什么呢 我对打车很有一套 |
[42:09] | Thank you, Thomas, for an amazing night. | 谢谢你 托马斯 今夜真棒 |
[42:12] | Donna, I just got to tell ya, | 唐娜 我想告诉你 |
[42:13] | sometimes you don’t know what you’ve been missing | 有时有些东西等你拥有了才知道 |
[42:16] | until you have it. | 它有多可贵 |
[42:17] | So, look, I don’t want to wait three days to call you | 所以 我不想等上三天再给你打电话 |
[42:19] | or whatever the rules are. | 或者遵循什么原则 |
[42:21] | Can we just skip that? | 我们能直接跳过吗 |
[42:24] | Can tomorrow be our three days? | 把明天当成我们的第三天好不好 |
[42:27] | What if we say it’s tonight and you come on up. | 如果我说今晚就可以呢 你可以上来 |
[42:31] | I just called a cab. | 我才叫了辆车 |