时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:02] | You’re afraid you won’t have time for the baby. | 你担心你会没时间照顾宝宝 |
[00:04] | I don’t know how it’s gonna work. | 我不知道这要怎样才能行 |
[00:05] | When the time comes, you’ll be able to step back a little | 到了那个时候你就可以退后一点点 |
[00:08] | and trust that the firm is in good hands. | 相信律所会被照料得好好的 |
[00:10] | We pushed the price back down to what Teddy sold it for | 我们把价格压到泰迪卖给他的价位 |
[00:13] | and we get Stu Buzzini to help us do it. | 就让斯图·布齐尼帮我们出面 |
[00:15] | Putting downward pressure on a stock | 对股价施压 |
[00:16] | to help a takeover attempt is illegal. | 帮助企业收购是违法的 |
[00:18] | – We can’t ask Stu to do that. – I’ll do it. | -我们不能要求斯图这么做 -我来就好 |
[00:20] | You sure you want to do this? | 你确定你要这么做吗 |
[00:21] | I’m sure someone’s gonna do it whether I like it or not. | 我确定的是这事势在必行 想不想都得做 |
[00:24] | You wanted to be what they wanted | 你想让自家产品变成他们想要的那款产品 |
[00:25] | – so they would choose you. – But they can’t choose you, | -这样他们就会选择你 -但他们不能选择你 |
[00:28] | ’cause they’ve already chosen someone else. | 因为他们已经选择了别人了 |
[00:29] | This deposition is over. | 这次取证已经结束了 |
[00:31] | I have no idea who my parents were. | 我不知道我亲生父母是谁 |
[00:32] | I bounced around the foster care system. | 我在寄养系统里辗转波折 |
[00:34] | What does that have to do– | 那跟这次… |
[00:35] | I helped you because I would have given anything | 我帮你是因为如果当时能有你这样的人 |
[00:38] | to have someone like you looking out for me. | 来照顾我 我做什么都愿意 |
[00:39] | If you short that stock, you’ll make a fortune | 如果你卖空那家的股票 你会赚的 |
[00:41] | and a good man will get his company back. | 而一个好人也能拿回他的公司 |
[00:43] | You guarantee I’m gonna make money on this | 你能保证我既可以大赚一笔 |
[00:44] | and not get caught. | 又不被抓吗 |
[00:46] | – What are we gonna do? – I don’t know, | -那我们怎们办 -我也不知道 |
[00:48] | but you can’t be my associate anymore. | 但你不能再做我的助理律师了 |
[00:50] | I don’t want to wait three days to call you. | 我不想等上三天再给你打电话 |
[00:52] | Can tomorrow be our three days? | 把明天当成我们的第三天好不好 |
[00:53] | What if we just say it’s tonight and you come on up? | 如果我说今晚就可以呢 你可以上来 |
[01:04] | – Hi. You’re up. – Been up for a little while. | -你醒了 -醒了一会儿了 |
[01:06] | Hope you don’t mind. I made us some coffee. | 希望你不要介意 我煮了咖啡 |
[01:11] | What? Too presumptuous, right? | 怎么了 还是太唐突了 对吧 |
[01:15] | I was just thinking… | 我只是在想… |
[01:18] | – last night was really nice. – It was. | -昨晚真的很棒 -是很棒 |
[01:26] | And this is really nice too. | 这个也很棒 |
[01:29] | It is. | 是的 |
[01:33] | As much as I’d love to spend all morning with you, | 虽然我也很想跟你一起赖一早上 |
[01:35] | I’ve got a big meeting. | 但我还有个重要的会 |
[01:37] | We’re actually expanding our retail presence and– | 我们其实在扩展零售业务 |
[01:39] | I get it. You have to go. | 我懂的 你得走了 |
[01:41] | I do. Do you remember what I said last night | 是的 你还记得我昨晚说的吗 |
[01:44] | about not waiting three days? | 不等那三天 |
[01:46] | I’d love to go out again, Thomas. | 我愿意和你再次约会 托马斯 |
[01:48] | – Is tonight too soon? – Let me check my calendar– | -约今晚会不会太急了 -让我查下安排 |
[01:50] | Yep, I’m free. | 我有空 |
[01:52] | I’m gonna head out. | 我要出门了 |
[01:55] | And do you mind letting yourself out | 我就不送了 你不介意吧 |
[01:56] | because I was up really late last night | 毕竟我昨晚睡得晚 |
[01:59] | with this handsome man that I just started seeing | 和最近刚认识的帅哥闹得太晚了 |
[02:01] | and I think I might just go back to sleep. | 我得补个觉了 |
[02:04] | I don’t mind at all. | 完全不介意 |
[02:10] | Sweet dreams. | 做个好梦 |
[02:28] | Judy. | 朱迪 |
[02:29] | Oh, my God. | 我的天呐 |
[02:31] | – It’s been years. – I know, | -好久不见 -是啊 |
[02:34] | but you’ve never left my thoughts. | 但我可一直都记着你呢 |
[02:36] | Side effect of being a mother, foster or not. | 当妈的副作用 总纠结要不要把孩子领回家 |
[02:39] | Well, it’s great to see you. | 见到你真好 |
[02:41] | Let’s get some breakfast. I’ll put my day on hold. | 我们去吃个早饭 今天的工作可以先等一下 |
[02:44] | I’d love to, Samantha, | 我很乐意 萨曼莎 |
[02:44] | but the truth is I don’t have time. | 但我没有时间 |
[02:47] | I’m here because I need your help. | 我来是因为我需要你的帮助 |
[02:49] | Come on in. I’ll make us some coffee. | 快请进 我去煮点咖啡 |
[02:51] | You can tell me what you need. | 你告诉我你有什么需要的 |
[02:54] | And I know you said you wanted an animal theme for the nursery, | 我知道你说过婴儿房你想做成动物主题的 |
[02:57] | so I was thinking, what about Peter Rabbit? | 所以我在想 彼得兔怎么样 |
[03:02] | Or Paddington Bear? | 或者帕丁顿熊 |
[03:04] | Or we could just do all football and baseball, | 也可以做成橄榄球和棒球 |
[03:08] | all sports. | 运动主题 |
[03:10] | Even wrestling. | 摔跤也行 |
[03:11] | Love it. Sounds great. | 我喜欢 听着不错 |
[03:13] | You’re not listening to a word I’m saying, are you? | 我说的你一个字都没听进去吧 |
[03:15] | Sheila, I’m sorry. I just– | 希拉 我错了 我刚 |
[03:17] | I just got an email. | 我刚收到封邮件 |
[03:18] | Katrina and Brian shit the bed on a deposition and I… | 卡特里娜和布莱恩搞砸了一次取证 |
[03:22] | Louis, I know you’re busier than ever, | 路易 我知道你现在比以前要忙得多 |
[03:24] | but this baby’s coming whether we’re ready or not. | 但不管我们有没有准备好 宝宝总是要来的 |
[03:27] | And I need you to be fully here, | 我需要你全身心的投入 |
[03:31] | not just physically here. | 而不只是人在这里而已 |
[03:33] | I promise I will do better. | 我保证会做得更好的 |
[03:34] | Good. Then we can decide on Peter Rabbit | 那就好 那我们今晚就可以跟设计师说定 |
[03:37] | and Paddington Bear with the designer tonight. | 到底是用彼得兔呢 还是用帕丁顿熊 |
[03:39] | – Tonight? – We set it last week. | -今晚吗 -我们上周说好的 |
[03:41] | Is that gonna be a problem? | 有什么问题吗 |
[03:42] | – No, tonight’s perfect. – Good. | -没 今晚特别好 -那就好 |
[03:45] | And, honey, whatever’s going on with Katrina, | 亲爱的 不管卡特里娜那边到底什么情况 |
[03:47] | I’m sure there’s good reason. | 肯定事出有因 |
[03:54] | One of my kids got pulled over while driving my car. | 我的小孩被警察截停了 开的是我的车 |
[03:57] | He’s a good kid. | 他是个好孩子 |
[03:59] | He reminds me of you in more ways than one. | 他总是让我想起你 方方面面 |
[04:02] | I get the picture. What happened? | 我大概懂了 出什么事了 |
[04:04] | There were some pills in the car | 车里有药 |
[04:07] | and they arrested him. | 他们逮捕了他 |
[04:09] | So he needs a lawyer. | 所以他需要一名律师 |
[04:11] | – He doesn’t. I do. – What are you talking about? | -他不需要 是我 -你在说什么 |
[04:14] | I told the police the pills were mine. | 我跟警察说药是我的 |
[04:16] | How could you do that? | 你怎么能这么做 |
[04:17] | When my back started acting up, | 我背痛发作的时候 |
[04:19] | I had to cut down on my hours at school. | 就不能在学校上那么久的班了 |
[04:21] | Corey figured it out, so he started selling pills. | 科里发现了 所以他就开始卖药 |
[04:24] | And he used every penny for groceries or gas, | 他赚的每一分钱都用来贴补家用了 |
[04:27] | anything to help us get by. | 来帮我们勉强度日 |
[04:29] | Judy, I’m not sure I should get involved in this. | 朱迪 我不确定我是否应该插手这件事 |
[04:32] | Why not? | 为什么不行 |
[04:33] | Because you’re telling me you didn’t do this | 因为你告诉我你没有做过这件事 |
[04:34] | and you want me not to use that. | 但你却不让我利用这点去打官司 |
[04:38] | If you want, I can refer you to someone. | 如果你想的话 我可以把你推荐给别人 |
[04:41] | No one else can understand what’s at stake for Corey | 但没有人理解这对科里和其他的孩子来说 |
[04:43] | and the rest of those kids | 意味着什么 |
[04:45] | because if that prosecutor has her way, | 因为如果检察官胜诉的话 |
[04:47] | then I’m gonna lose my fostering license | 我的领养执照就会被吊销 |
[04:49] | and they’re gonna take my kids away. | 他们会抢走我的孩子 |
[04:50] | – I understand that. – Please. | -我明白 -求求你 |
[04:53] | I lost you all those years ago, | 当年我失去了你 |
[04:55] | and I have never regretted anything more. | 再没有比这更让我后悔的事了 |
[05:00] | I can’t let something like that happen again. | 我不能再让这样的事发生 |
[05:08] | *See the money, wanna stay for your meal* | *看到钱 就愿意留下吃饭* |
[05:11] | *Get another piece of pie for your wife* | *给你太太再拿块馅饼* |
[05:14] | *Everybody wanna know how it feel* | *所有人都想知道那感觉* |
[05:18] | *Everybody wanna see what it’s like* | *所有人都想见见那景象* |
[05:21] | *I’ll even eat a bean pie, I don’t mind* | *豆子馅饼我也愿吃 我不在乎* |
[05:24] | *Me and Missy is so busy, busy making money* | *我和妹子忙着赚钱* |
[05:28] | *All right* | *好了* |
[05:30] | *All step back, I’m ’bout to dance* | *退开点 我要跳舞* |
[05:36] | *The greenback boogie* | *美钞爵士摇摇摇* |
[05:42] | Stu Buzzini, what are you doing on our side of town? | 斯图·布齐尼 你来我们的地界做什么 |
[05:45] | Was waiting for you to come out | 在等你出来 |
[05:46] | because i didn’t want to have this conversation in your office. | 因为我不想在你的办公室谈这件事 |
[05:49] | You’re gonna want to take a look at this. | 你最好看看这个 |
[05:51] | What is it? | 这是什么 |
[05:53] | Remember that trade you had me make | 还记得你上次帮我的那一单吗 |
[05:54] | to tank Doyle Shoe’s stock price? | 就是做空道尔鞋业股价的那一次 |
[05:55] | I get it. Someone figured it out | 我明白了 别人发现了其中蹊跷 |
[05:57] | and now they want to use it against you. | 现在想用这事来对付你 |
[05:59] | Not just someone. He’s a trader at my firm. | 不是别人 是我公司的一个操盘手 |
[06:01] | He knows what he’s doing and now he wants my job. | 他是有备而来 现在想要取代我 |
[06:04] | Or what? | 不然呢 |
[06:04] | Or he goes to the SCC, | 不然他就向证监会举报我 |
[06:06] | and once they start an investigation– | 要是委员会展开调查的话 |
[06:08] | – I know. – Harvey, what are we gonna do? | -我懂了 -哈维 我们该怎么办 |
[06:10] | Two things, first, you’re gonna hire a consultant | 两件事 第一 招一个风险顾问 |
[06:12] | to review your firm’s risk-tolerance policy. | 评估一下你公司的风险承受策略 |
[06:15] | And second? | 第二件呢 |
[06:17] | You’re gonna tell me everything there is to know | 你要告诉我关于这个操盘手的一切 |
[06:18] | about this trader: how old he is, how tall he is, | 他多大 他多高 |
[06:21] | what he eats for breakfast in the morning. | 早餐都吃些什么 |
[06:23] | What do you need to know all that for? | 你打听这些东西干什么 |
[06:24] | Because he’s got you, which means | 因为他抓住了你的把柄 |
[06:26] | I’m gonna have to bluff him | 所以我必须对他施以恫吓 |
[06:28] | and the best way to bluff someone | 吓唬人最好的办法 |
[06:30] | is to know more about him than he knows about himself. | 无非就是比他自己还了解他 |
[06:34] | And who’s this consultant you want me to hire? | 那这位风险顾问 你让我请谁 |
[06:36] | Let’s just say I got the perfect guy. | 不瞒你说 我已有最佳人选 |
[06:40] | Louis, how are you this fine morning? | 路易 这好天气心情该不错吧 |
[06:43] | Don’t give me that crap. | 别跟我闲扯 |
[06:44] | You wanna explain why you and Brian shit the bed | 给我解释一下为什么你和布莱恩 |
[06:45] | on your perfume case? | 把香水的案子搞砸了 |
[06:46] | Louis, it’s complicated, | 路易 这说来话长 |
[06:47] | but I’ve got it handled. | 但我可以妥善处理的 |
[06:49] | I thought this was you and Brian. | 我以为是你们俩一起办的这案子 |
[06:51] | Well, about that. Brian and I– | 这个…布莱恩和我 |
[06:53] | Brian and you what? | 布莱恩和你怎么了 |
[06:56] | I think that this case calls | 我觉得这个案子的难度 |
[06:58] | for more expertise than Brian can offer, | 超出了布莱恩的能力范围 |
[07:01] | so I was wondering if you might be able to help me. | 所为我想你也许能助我一臂之力 |
[07:04] | Katrina, I just asked Samantha | 卡特里娜 我刚让萨曼莎 |
[07:05] | to take a new client meeting for me. | 为我安排了一个新客户的见面会 |
[07:07] | I told Sheila that I would help her pick out furniture | 又告诉希拉我会帮她 |
[07:09] | for the nursery, and I have a million other things | 为婴儿房挑家具 还有其他一大堆事 |
[07:11] | that I am trying to balance and you were the one who said | 等着我来协调 你当初说过 |
[07:14] | that I had people who could step up | 当我忙不过来的时候 |
[07:15] | if I needed to take a step back, were you not? | 有人会帮我顶着 是你说的吧 |
[07:18] | Yes, Louis, I was. | 是我说的 路易 |
[07:19] | Then you step the hell up | 那该你挺身而出了 |
[07:21] | because I don’t want the world to think that | 因为我不想让全世界都以为 |
[07:22] | we can’t handle a simple infringement case. | 我们连一桩简单的侵权案都应付不了 |
[07:30] | There you are. Donna, we need to talk. | 你来了 唐娜 我想和你谈谈 |
[07:32] | Okay, about what? | 好的 关于什么 |
[07:34] | For starters, where have you been? | 首先 你去哪了 |
[07:35] | I’ve been looking for you all morning. | 我找了你一个早上 |
[07:36] | If you must know… | 你非要知道的话 |
[07:40] | I overslept. | 我睡过头了 |
[07:42] | Why? What’s going on? | 怎么了 什么事这么急 |
[07:44] | I need to know exactly what you said to Stu | 我想知道去年泰迪·道尔那桩交易时 |
[07:47] | when we made that Teddy Doyle trade last year. | 你对斯图到底说了什么 |
[07:49] | Well, if I recall, I told him | 要是我没记错的话 我告诉他 |
[07:50] | he wasn’t gonna be a gunslinger for long | 如果他不做那笔交易的话 |
[07:51] | if he didn’t do it. Why? | 他的位置就坐不久了 怎么了 |
[07:53] | So you made sure he knew the risks? | 所以你确认他知道潜在的风险 |
[07:54] | I didn’t have to make sure. | 都不用我去确认 |
[07:55] | He knew before half the words were out of my mouth. | 我话还没说完呢 他就明白了 |
[07:58] | So once again, why? | 再问一次 怎么了 |
[07:59] | He’s being blackmailed for it. | 有人正在用这件事勒索他 |
[08:01] | Holy shit. And how are you planning | 见鬼 那你打算 |
[08:02] | to get him out of this, because, Harvey, | 怎样让他脱身 哈维 |
[08:03] | we have to get him out of this. | 我们必须要让他脱身 |
[08:05] | I know, but I need to know | 我知道 但我也得知道 |
[08:06] | who lost and how much they lost | 这笔交易坑了谁 |
[08:08] | on the other side of that trade. | 还有他们到底损失了多少 |
[08:11] | Wait, what? | 等等 你什么意思 |
[08:11] | I need to know how badly Stu can get burned | 我要知道如果斯图真被这个人告发了 |
[08:14] | if this guy ends up turning him in. | 那他最坏的下场是什么 |
[08:16] | Okay. | 明白了 |
[08:18] | I’ll take care of it. | 我会处理的 |
[08:21] | But, Harvey, if this is about getting financial information, | 哈维 如果这涉及到财务信息收集的话 |
[08:23] | Louis is the logical choice. | 路易才是理想的人选 |
[08:24] | Look, I know he’s the managing partner | 听着 我知道他是经营合伙人 |
[08:26] | and we should tell him, | 我们也确实应该告知他 |
[08:27] | but I don’t want to get him involved | 但我不想把他牵扯进来 |
[08:29] | unless we think there’s no way out of this. | 除非我们实在别无他法 |
[08:31] | Then I know who to go to. | 那我知道该找谁了 |
[08:40] | Robert, can I talk to you? It’s important. | 罗伯特 能聊聊吗 事关紧要 |
[08:42] | Of course. I’d say good morning, | 当然可以 我还想着问你早上好呢 |
[08:44] | but I can see it hasn’t been good for you. | 但我看得出来你这早上够呛 |
[08:46] | That’s because Judy O’Brien | 因为朱迪·奥布赖恩 |
[08:47] | came to my place as I was headed in this morning. | 一大早就在办公室等我 |
[08:50] | – Judy? Your old foster mom? – That’s the one. | -朱迪 你之前的养母 -就是她 |
[08:52] | She’s asked me to represent her on a drug case. | 她陷入一桩毒品案件 想让我来代理 |
[08:55] | She’s innocent. | 她是无辜的 |
[08:57] | It’s one of her kids who’s guilty | 错在她的一个子女 |
[08:59] | and she won’t let me tell the prosecutor that. | 但她又不想让我把实情告诉检察官 |
[09:01] | Samantha, as I recall, | 萨曼莎 我没记错的话 |
[09:02] | this is the woman that took you in | 正是这位女士 |
[09:03] | when you were 12 years old. | 在你十二岁时收养了你 |
[09:05] | She stuck with me no matter how much trouble I got in | 无论惹多大的麻烦 她都对我不离不弃 |
[09:08] | till I blew it and the state took me away. | 直到我闯下大祸 被州政府带走 |
[09:11] | Why won’t you help her? | 那你为什么不帮她呢 |
[09:12] | Because what if… | 因为我怕万一 |
[09:14] | Samantha, I didn’t handle my sister’s case | 萨曼莎 我没接我妹妹的案子 |
[09:16] | because I was afraid, | 就因为我害怕失败 |
[09:19] | and I regretted that decision ever since. | 结果那次放弃令我抱憾至今 |
[09:20] | Well, if Judy goes to prison because of me. | 如果朱迪因为我的失败而锒铛入狱 |
[09:23] | I’ll regret that forever. | 我会抱憾终生 |
[09:24] | If she goes to prison | 如果她因为 |
[09:25] | because she told you not to tell them the truth, | 阻止你在法庭上吐露实情而入狱的话 |
[09:27] | that’s on her, not you. | 那责任在她 而不在你 |
[09:28] | – All the same. – No, it’s not all the same. | -结果还是一样 -不 并不一样 |
[09:31] | Samantha, when you care about someone, | 萨曼莎 你是那种会为在乎的人 |
[09:32] | you fight twice as hard. | 两肋插刀竭尽所能的人 |
[09:34] | It’s the reason she came to you. | 所以她才来找你 |
[09:37] | If it were me, I wouldn’t turn her away. | 换做是我 我不会拒她于门外 |
[09:40] | Okay. | 好 |
[09:43] | But Louis asked me to take a meeting for him tonight. | 但路易让我今晚为他安排一个会议 |
[09:45] | I can’t be in two places at once. | 我有点分身乏术 |
[09:46] | Then give me the details and I’ll take it for you. | 把会议内容告诉我 我替你去 |
[09:50] | And Samantha… | 萨曼莎 |
[09:55] | I’m proud of you for doing this. | 我为你的勇气感到骄傲 |
[10:01] | – Mr. Stockman? – Yes, that’s me. | -斯托克曼先生 -是的 我就是 |
[10:03] | Nick Pavonotti. I was told to see you. | 尼克·帕瓦诺蒂 听说你要见我 |
[10:05] | I understand you’re doing some consulting for the firm. | 我听说你在为公司做咨询 |
[10:07] | That’s right, | 是的 |
[10:08] | and I started looking at your trade history. | 我是从贵公司的历史交易记录入手的 |
[10:11] | Gen Biotech, you lost 2 million. | 你们在创生科技上亏了两百万 |
[10:13] | Shale futures, 10 million down the drain. | 然后在页岩期货上又让一千万血本无归 |
[10:16] | Ridley Pharma, same thing. | 里德利制药 依旧如此 |
[10:17] | We make bets every day, | 我们的业务如同下注 |
[10:18] | and sometimes you win, sometimes you lose. | 有赢就有输 |
[10:20] | Well, you’re about to make your worst bet yet. | 那你们这次要输大了 |
[10:23] | What are you talking about? | 你什么意思 |
[10:23] | You’re gonna have to rethink your choice | 对付斯图·布齐尼 |
[10:25] | to go after Stu Buzzini. | 你最好三思而后行 |
[10:26] | – You’re no fucking consultant. – You’re right, | -你不是顾问 -说对了 |
[10:29] | and if you pursue this, | 如果你继续下去 |
[10:30] | Stu’s not gonna be the one in trouble, you are. | 陷入麻烦的会是你 而不是斯图 |
[10:33] | What I got on Stu is real. | 那说明我抓住的把柄是真的 |
[10:36] | – That’s why you’re here. – Doesn’t matter what you have. | -所以你才会来 -你有什么不重要 |
[10:38] | Half the guys on Wall Street make dirty trades | 华尔街一半的人都在做内幕交易 |
[10:41] | and they see you throwing one of their own under the bus, | 如果他们知道你告发了其中一人 |
[10:43] | they’re never gonna want to work with you. | 他们绝不会再与你共事 |
[10:45] | There’s something else about Wall Street guys. | 华尔街的人还有个特点 |
[10:47] | They’re more loyal to money than anything else, | 他们最在乎的只有钱 |
[10:50] | so unless you’re here to tell me | 所以如果你不是来告诉我 |
[10:51] | I’m moving in to Stu’s office, | 我马上会接替斯图的工作 |
[10:54] | I’d say we’re done. | 那我们没什么好谈的 |
[10:55] | Nick. | 尼克 |
[10:59] | My name is Harvey Specter. | 我叫哈维·斯佩克特 |
[11:01] | Ask around. You’ll find people who go up against me, | 打听了你就会知道 跟我作对的人 |
[11:03] | they never win. | 都没有好下场 |
[11:05] | So I’d think long and hard about what you’re gonna do. | 所以 认真考虑你的下一步吧 |
[11:24] | Thomas, hi. | 托马斯 你好 |
[11:27] | Everything okay? | 有什么事吗 |
[11:29] | Yeah, it’s fine. It’s just a work thing. | 没事 只是工作上的事 |
[11:32] | Want to talk about it? | 想谈谈吗 |
[11:34] | Or tonight if now’s not a good time. | 如果现在不方便 晚上也行 |
[11:36] | To tell you the truth, I just want to go out | 说实话 我就想跟你待着 |
[11:38] | and spend time with you and not think about it at all. | 然后不去想工作的事 |
[11:42] | Then I’ll see you tonight. | 那今晚见吧 |
[11:48] | Donna, you wanted to see me? | 唐娜 你找我 |
[11:50] | Yeah, actually, I was hoping that | 对 我想请你 |
[11:51] | you could point me in the right direction. | 为我指点迷津 |
[11:52] | The right direction of what? | 什么事 |
[11:54] | A trader we represent is being accused of manipulating a stock, | 我们代理的一位股票交易商被指控操纵股市 |
[11:57] | and in order to understand how much exposure he has– | 为了搞清他面临的风险到底有多大 |
[12:00] | You need to know | 你想要知道 |
[12:00] | if anyone was significantly harmed by the trades. | 是否有人因他做的交易而蒙受重大损失 |
[12:02] | – Exactly. – I’ll call my guy. | -正是 -我会联络我的人 |
[12:04] | I’ll have the answer for you in no time. | 很快就能给你回话 |
[12:05] | That’s the thing, Alex. | 可问题是 亚历克斯 |
[12:07] | It needs to stay under the radar. | 这事不能明着去问 |
[12:10] | I don’t understand. | 我不明白 |
[12:11] | If they’re already being charged, | 如果他们已经被指控了 |
[12:12] | what difference does it make? | 明着暗着又有什么区别 |
[12:13] | I never said they were already being charged. | 我从没说过他们已经被指控了 |
[12:16] | Then what exactly is going on here, | 那到底是怎么回事 |
[12:18] | ’cause if they’re not being charged, | 如果他们没被指控 |
[12:19] | how do you even know there was a– | 那你是怎么知道的 |
[12:21] | please tell me we’re not involved in this. | 请告诉我此事与我们无关 |
[12:23] | We may have been the ones | 一开始正是我们 |
[12:24] | who asked the trader to make the trade in the first place. | 让他进行内幕交易的 |
[12:27] | So we’re not just in it. We orchestrated it. | 所以不仅和我们有关 我们是始作俑者 |
[12:29] | We did. | 是的 |
[12:30] | But it was to save hundreds of jobs, | 但这是为了拯救几百号人的工作 |
[12:32] | and the guy who caught wind of it has no idea | 而且要告发此事的那人并不清楚 |
[12:34] | that we have anything to do with it. | 我们与此事有关 |
[12:35] | Then I’ll find who was on the other side of those trades, | 我会查出跟交易相关的其他人 |
[12:37] | and I’ll do it so quietly no one will ever know I was there. | 我会悄悄查 不会有人知道 |
[12:48] | – Did you want Brian? – Excuse me? | -你找布莱恩吗 -什么 |
[12:51] | He said you two have been working really hard lately | 他说你俩最近工作很辛苦 |
[12:53] | and he was gonna spend the morning at home. | 今早他会在家休息 |
[12:56] | He should be in any minute. | 他应该快到了 |
[12:58] | Great. | 好 |
[13:00] | I can have him come see you as soon as he gets in. | 等他来了我让他去找你 |
[13:03] | Unless there’s something I can help you with? | 或者有什么我能帮你的吗 |
[13:07] | You know what, Susan? There is. | 其实吧 苏珊 还真有 |
[13:15] | Good afternoon. I’m Samantha Wheeler. | 下午好 我是萨曼莎·惠勒 |
[13:16] | I represent Ms. O’Brien. | 我是奥布赖恩女士的律师 |
[13:18] | And like I told you on the phone, | 正如在电话里说的一样 |
[13:19] | unless you’re ready to plead guilty | 除非你们准备认罪 |
[13:20] | we don’t have much to talk about. | 我们没什么可谈的 |
[13:22] | Then I’ll get right to it. | 那我直说了 |
[13:22] | Ms. O’Brien pleads guilty to misdemeanor possession | 奥布赖恩女士愿意认藏药的轻罪 |
[13:25] | with a healthy fine and six months’ probation. | 接受正常罚款和六个月缓刑 |
[13:27] | Problem with that is this isn’t a misdemeanor. | 问题是这不是轻罪 |
[13:29] | Those pills were meant for distribution. | 那些药是拿来分销的 |
[13:31] | Which is circumstantial at best. | 最多算间接证据 |
[13:32] | Not based on how many pills there were. | 根据药品数量来看可不是了 |
[13:33] | You know what I’m gonna do with how many pills there were? | 知道我会怎么应对药品数量吗 |
[13:35] | I’m gonna question the count. | 我会质疑这一数据 |
[13:36] | Then I’m gonna adjust for what they were cut with. | 之后会转移到如何切割上 |
[13:38] | Then I’m gonna question | 然后我会质疑 |
[13:39] | the legitimacy of the stop in the first place. | 最初让我当事人停车的合法性 |
[13:41] | When I’m done with you, | 等我走完这一套之后 |
[13:42] | you’ll be lucky to get her on a parking ticket. | 你能给她开一张罚单都算你走运 |
[13:44] | That might work where you come from, | 这在你的地盘或许有用 |
[13:46] | but no jury in this town is gonna believe any of that. | 但这里的陪审团绝不吃这一套 |
[13:48] | What is wrong with you? | 你怎么回事 |
[13:49] | Ms. O’Brien has been an asset | 二十年来 奥布赖恩女士 |
[13:51] | to this community for 20 years. | 一直是社区建设的骨干 |
[13:52] | With all due respect, Ms. Wheeler, | 恕我直言 惠勒女士 |
[13:54] | you don’t know a damn thing about this community, | 你对这里的社区一无所知 |
[13:56] | and I don’t know what that woman did | 我不知道那个女人 |
[13:57] | to get some Manhattan lawyer in her corner, | 是如何请动曼哈顿的大律师为她辩护的 |
[13:59] | but I’m not gonna let it stop me from doing what I have to. | 但我还是会尽力做好我的工作 |
[14:01] | What is that supposed to mean? | 这话是什么意思 |
[14:03] | Do you think I don’t know what’s going on here? | 你以为我不知道真相吗 |
[14:05] | Those pills weren’t hers; they were that kid’s. | 那些药不是她的 是那个孩子的 |
[14:07] | I don’t believe this. | 真是难以置信 |
[14:08] | You think she’s innocent | 你认为她是无辜的 |
[14:09] | and you’re still gonna throw the book at a 65-year-old woman? | 但你还是要控告一位六十五岁的女人 |
[14:12] | I am gonna do whatever it takes | 我会竭尽所能 |
[14:14] | to keep those drugs out of my county. | 让药品不在我的辖区内流通 |
[14:16] | Look, I am not a monster. | 我不是恶人 |
[14:18] | If you want to do right by her, | 如果你想帮她 |
[14:19] | convince her to make that kid | 劝她让那个孩子 |
[14:20] | take responsibility for what he did. | 为自己的行为负责 |
[14:26] | I don’t understand. | 我不懂 |
[14:28] | If the deposition didn’t go well, | 如果取证不顺利 |
[14:29] | – can’t we just redepose them? – No, Susan, we can’t. | -不能重新取证吗 -不行 苏珊 |
[14:31] | Why not? | 为什么 |
[14:33] | Among other things, | 不说其他的 |
[14:34] | they’ll be ready for our line of questioning. | 他们会对我们的问题有所防备 |
[14:37] | – What if– – Just… | -如果 -就… |
[14:39] | give me a minute to think. | 给我点时间思考 |
[14:42] | Excuse me, Katrina. Can I talk to you for a second? | 抱歉 卡特里娜 能和你聊两句吗 |
[14:45] | Of course. | 当然 |
[14:47] | Susan, can you give us the room? | 苏珊 请你出去一下吧 |
[14:55] | – When were you gonna tell me? – Tell you what? | -你准备什么时候告诉我 -告诉你什么 |
[14:58] | That you were pulling me off the Adored case. | 你把我从爱慕案撤走的事 |
[15:01] | I already told you we can’t work together anymore. | 我已经告诉过你 我们不能共事了 |
[15:04] | I know, and I let that go | 我知道 你没心情谈 |
[15:05] | because you obviously weren’t in the mood to talk about it, | 我也不想再计较此事 |
[15:09] | but I didn’t think you were gonna pull me off | 但我没有想到你会在案子中途 |
[15:11] | in the middle of a case. | 把我撤走 |
[15:12] | Well, I wasn’t going to, | 本来没这打算 |
[15:13] | but then you weren’t at your desk, and I… | 但刚刚你不在 我就… |
[15:17] | – You what? – I picked someone else, okay? | -你就什么 -我选了别人 行了吧 |
[15:20] | Because like I said, it’s not going to work between us. | 正如我说 我们没法再共事了 |
[15:25] | Oh, well, that’s fantastic, Katrina, | 那好极了 卡特里娜 |
[15:28] | but when I’m supposed to be your associate | 但我是你的助理律师 |
[15:29] | and I find out from someone else | 而我还是从别人口中得知 |
[15:31] | I’m no longer on the case, it makes me look like an idiot | 我被撤走了 这让我显得很蠢 |
[15:34] | and I don’t think I should be punished | 而且我认为我不该受罚 |
[15:36] | when this whole thing was your fault. | 因为整件事错都在你 |
[15:38] | We said it was nobody’s fault. | 我们说过不是任何人的错 |
[15:39] | Well, it sure as hell wasn’t mine, | 反正肯定不是我的错 |
[15:42] | and it’s not fair that my reputation in this firm | 让我在这律所的名誉受损太不公平了 |
[15:44] | takes a hit when you’re the one– | 因为你是那个 |
[15:46] | I was the one that what? | 我是哪个 |
[15:48] | You know what, Katrina? | 这样吧 卡特里娜 |
[15:49] | You don’t want to work together then we won’t, | 既然你不想共事 那就不共事 |
[15:52] | but I’d appreciate it if you think of a reason | 但如果你能想出一个恰当的理由 |
[15:54] | we can give that doesn’t make me look like shit. | 让我显得不那么蠢的话 我会很感激的 |
[16:09] | – Harvey Specter. – Kevin Miller. | -哈维·斯佩克特 -凯文·米勒 |
[16:11] | From a prison cell to a corner office in record time. | 从蹲监狱到坐大办公室就在弹指一挥间啊 |
[16:13] | Well, not just a corner office, | 不只是一间大办公室 |
[16:15] | biggest office in the firm. | 是公司里最大的办公室 |
[16:17] | I take it things have been good? | 看来最近过得挺好 |
[16:18] | Better than good. The Sutter cloud is gone, | 何止是挺好 萨特的事情烟消云散了 |
[16:21] | things are great with Jill, | 跟吉尔也相处的不错 |
[16:22] | and the firm is growing like crazy. | 公司也蒸蒸日上 |
[16:24] | Glad to hear it. | 真高兴听你这样说 |
[16:25] | Because I need you to make room for one more. | 因为我需要你再招募一位新员工 |
[16:28] | You’re sending someone my way? | 你要给我推荐个人吗 |
[16:29] | – He must be a star. – Actually, Kevin, | -肯定是个大明星 -事实上 凯文 |
[16:31] | he’s a snake, but you’re gonna take him on anyway. | 他是个大滑头 但是你也得招募他 |
[16:34] | And why would I do that? | 为什么我非得这么做呢 |
[16:35] | Because someone I care about | 因为一位我关心的人 |
[16:36] | is being blackmailed by this bastard. | 受到了他的勒索 |
[16:39] | Ah, I get it. You’re asking me to make him | 我懂了 你是请求我 |
[16:40] | an offer good enough to get him off your back. | 给他开个好条件 好让他放过你 |
[16:43] | That’s right, except I’m not asking. | 没错 只不过我不是在请求 |
[16:47] | Harvey, come on. | 哈维 别这样 |
[16:48] | I mean, I just got my life back. | 我才刚回归社会 |
[16:50] | I can’t bring someone into my shop | 我没法雇佣一个 |
[16:51] | that’s gonna send me back to prison. | 有可能害我回到监狱的人 |
[16:52] | I know I owe you, but not like this. | 我知道我欠你人情 但这要求太过分了 |
[16:54] | Yes, like this, because I did a hell of a lot worse for you, | 一点也不过分 因为我帮你的比这过分多了 |
[16:56] | and if I hadn’t, you’d still be rotting in prison. | 要不是我 你现在还在监狱蹲着 |
[16:58] | So when I call in a favor, you don’t put conditions on it. | 所以我让你还人情的时候 你不许跟我谈条件 |
[17:02] | All right, just tell me his name. | 好吧 告诉我他的名字 |
[17:04] | I’ll write up an offer, | 我写一份招募信 |
[17:04] | make it look like a headhunter found him. | 装作是猎头发现的他 |
[17:06] | His name is Nick Pavonotti, | 他叫尼克·帕瓦诺蒂 |
[17:08] | and you can skip the headhunter part. | 而且你不用装什么 |
[17:09] | He’ll know it’s from me. | 他会知道是我安排的 |
[17:11] | You make him an offer and you tell him | 你给他提供一份合同 然后告诉他 |
[17:12] | it’s not worth it to mess with Harvey Specter. | 费尽周折跟哈维·斯佩克特作对不值得 |
[17:17] | Never thought I’d see this place again. | 从未想过还能再回到这里 |
[17:20] | I have to say, it doesn’t look too much worse for wear. | 不得不说 一点也没有岁月的痕迹 |
[17:24] | How did it go with the prosecutor? | 检察官怎么说 |
[17:25] | Were you able to make a deal? | 你跟她达成协议了吗 |
[17:27] | It’s not gonna be that easy, Judy. | 事情不是这么简单的 朱迪 |
[17:29] | She knows the drugs are Corey’s, not yours. | 她知道毒品是科里的 不是你的 |
[17:31] | Then she should be willing to go easy on me. | 那么她应该对我宽大处理 |
[17:34] | No, she shouldn’t, and she isn’t, | 不 她不应该 也不会这么做 |
[17:37] | because she’s not gonna let you stop her from doing her job. | 因为她不会因为你而失职 |
[17:39] | Well, I have a job too, | 我也有我的职责 |
[17:40] | and that’s to protect my children. | 就是保护好我的孩子 |
[17:43] | I’m not gonna let them ruin his life because of one mistake. | 我不会让他们因为一个错误就毁了他一生 |
[17:45] | It won’t ruin his life. | 不会毁了他一生的 |
[17:47] | They’ll take him away from me. | 他们会把他从我身边夺走 |
[17:48] | If you don’t do this, | 如果你不这么做 |
[17:50] | they’re gonna take them all from you. | 他们会把你的孩子全都夺走 |
[17:53] | I can’t do it. | 我做不到 |
[17:54] | I can’t sacrifice him for everyone else. | 我没法为了其他人而牺牲他 |
[17:56] | – Why not? – ‘Cause I already did that with you. | -为什么 -因为我已经牺牲过你了 |
[17:59] | No, you didn’t have a choice with me. | 不 当时你没的选 |
[18:02] | They took me from you. | 他们把我带走了 |
[18:04] | And before they did, | 在带走你之前 |
[18:06] | they asked if I wanted to keep trying, and I said no. | 他们问我是否还要继续申诉 我说不 |
[18:10] | I don’t believe this. | 不敢相信 |
[18:12] | You’ve been lying to me all these years? | 这么多年你一直对我说谎 |
[18:14] | I didn’t want to hurt you. | 我不想伤害你 |
[18:15] | If you didn’t want to hurt me, | 如果你不想伤害我 |
[18:16] | you should have kept me | 你就该把我留在身边 |
[18:19] | or at least told me the truth about it. | 至少告诉我事情的真相 |
[18:21] | I couldn’t do that. I couldn’t tell you | 我做不到 我没法跟你说 |
[18:23] | I was choosing the good of everyone over you. | 我是为了其他人才放弃了你 |
[18:26] | What would that have done to you? | 那样会对你产生怎样的影响 |
[18:27] | What do you think it did to me? | 你以为那件事对我造成了怎样的影响 |
[18:29] | -Samantha | 萨曼莎 |
[18:29] | No, let me just get this straight. | 停 让我把事情理清楚 |
[18:31] | Rather than fight for me or even tell me the truth, | 你宁愿放弃我 也不愿为我抗争 |
[18:35] | you gave up on me, | 或者至少告诉我真相 |
[18:36] | and then years later, walk into my home | 这么多年过去了 你来到我家 |
[18:39] | to have me save you for making the same mistake again. | 让我帮你不再犯同样的错误 |
[18:42] | You were the only person I knew who could help. | 你是我认识的唯一一个能帮忙的人 |
[18:44] | I could have, Judy, not anymore. | 我是能帮忙 朱迪 但我不会帮了 |
[18:46] | Samantha, please. | 萨曼莎 求求你 |
[18:48] | I used that word with you. | 我跟你说过同样的话 |
[18:50] | I said, “Please, don’t let them take me.” | 我说 “求求你别让他们把我带走” |
[18:52] | But it turns out you could have stopped them and you didn’t. | 但原来你可以阻止他们 而你选择了放弃 |
[18:57] | So now I’m giving up on you. | 所以现在我也要放弃你 |
[19:08] | Katrina, whatever it is, I’m on my way out for the night. | 卡特里娜 不管什么事 我现在要下班了 |
[19:09] | That’s okay. This won’t take long. | 没事的 不会占用你很长时间 |
[19:11] | I would just like to start the process | 我只是不想再让 |
[19:13] | of having Brian removed as my associate. | 布莱恩做我的助理律师了 |
[19:15] | – What? – He’s too advanced for me. | -什么 -他对我来说太激进了 |
[19:18] | All right. You wanna tell me | 好吧 你是想告诉我 |
[19:22] | what happened between the two of you, | 你们俩之间发生了什么 |
[19:23] | or do you want me to just figure out myself? | 还是说你想让我自己搞清楚 |
[19:25] | Nothing happened. | 什么都没发生 |
[19:26] | Because it won’t take me long to figure out, | 我搞清楚也花不了多少时间 |
[19:27] | and I’m pretty sure you would rather | 而且我相信你更情愿 |
[19:28] | just tell me about it yourself. | 自己告诉我 |
[19:31] | Okay, look. | 好吧 听着 |
[19:33] | You told me not to go into the kitchen and I tried not to, | 你跟我说别给自己创造机会 我也照做了 |
[19:37] | but it turns out everywhere we go is the kitchen. | 但只要我们俩在一起时就有火花 |
[19:41] | So did something happen or not? | 所以是不是发生了什么 |
[19:43] | No, but we both wanted it to, | 没有 但我们都想发生点什么 |
[19:46] | and then I told him I can’t work with him anymore. | 然后我告诉他我没法再跟他共事 |
[19:48] | And then we got into a fight because he said | 然后我们大吵了一架 因为他说 |
[19:49] | that it would hurt him if I can’t explain why | 如果我没法给出合理解释的话 |
[19:51] | he’s not my associate anymore. | 他的名声会受损 |
[19:53] | And that’s why I told you that bullshit | 因此我才想出了 |
[19:54] | about him being too advanced. | 他太激进那套鬼话 |
[19:57] | Bet it feels good to get that off your chest. | 能这样吐露心声一定很舒服吧 |
[19:58] | Only so much because I still don’t know what to do. | 是很舒服 但我还是不知道怎么办好 |
[20:02] | – Talk to him about it. – I told you I tried. | -去跟他谈一谈 -我说过我试过了 |
[20:04] | No, you told me you fought with him, | 不 你说你跟他吵了一架 |
[20:06] | and fighting isn’t talking. | 吵架可不是谈一谈 |
[20:07] | And I should know that better than anyone. | 我可最清楚不过了 |
[20:09] | – What do you mean? – I mean, I understand | -你是什么意思 -我是说 我太了解 |
[20:11] | what it’s like to have complicated issues | 跟同事存在情感纠葛的情况了 |
[20:14] | with someone you work with. Especially when that person | 特别是在你跟这个人 |
[20:16] | can’t have a real conversation about it. | 根本没法好好说话的情况下 |
[20:18] | You’re talking about– | 你是在说 |
[20:18] | You know who I’m talking about, Katrina. | 你知道我在说谁 卡特里娜 |
[20:21] | Well, knowing that doesn’t tell me what I should do. | 明白这一点并不能让我知道该怎么办 |
[20:23] | I told you, talk about it again. | 我跟你说了 再跟他谈谈 |
[20:27] | And if you can’t, we’re gonna have a real problem | 如果你们谈不拢 那我们就真的有麻烦了 |
[20:29] | because Brian’s right. | 因为布莱恩是对的 |
[20:30] | You could really hurt his career. | 你真的会影响他的前途 |
[20:32] | Now, I’m gonna go, ’cause sometimes | 现在我要走了 因为有时候 |
[20:35] | the answer is to fall for someone | 这问题的解决办法是 |
[20:37] | who has nothing to do with this place at all. | 爱上一个与这间律所毫无瓜葛的人 |
[20:46] | Robert, please tell me you haven’t gone | 罗伯特 请告诉我你还没去 |
[20:48] | to Louis’s client meeting yet. | 路易的客户见面会 |
[20:49] | I was just on my way. Why? | 我正要去 怎么了 |
[20:51] | Because I can take it from here. | 因为我可以由此接手了 |
[20:52] | I thought you told me you couldn’t be at two places at once. | 我还以为你说过你分身乏术 |
[20:54] | Well, it doesn’t matter anymore | 现在没关系了 |
[20:55] | because I dropped Judy’s case. | 因为我不接朱迪的案子了 |
[20:56] | What? | 什么 |
[20:58] | Samantha, why would you do that? | 萨曼莎 你为什么那样做 |
[20:59] | Same reason any attorney would, | 和任何律师放弃客户的原因相同 |
[21:00] | because my client lied to me. | 因为我的客户对我说谎了 |
[21:02] | So thank you for covering for me, | 所以多谢你帮我打掩护 |
[21:04] | – but I’ve got it from here. – You’re not taking anything | -但这就交给我吧 -你先告诉我发生了什么 |
[21:06] | until you tell me what’s going on. | 否则你什么都别想接手 |
[21:10] | I’ve got all night, Samantha. | 我能跟你耗上一整晚 萨曼莎 |
[21:16] | I always thought it was the state that took me from her. | 我一直以为是州政府把我从她身边夺走了 |
[21:19] | Turns out it was Judy. | 结果竟然是朱迪干的 |
[21:21] | She put me back in the system just when I thought | 我刚以为自己有了个真正的家 她就把我 |
[21:24] | I had a real home. | 又弄回到收容系统里了 |
[21:25] | So tell me why should I stick by her | 那你说我为什么还要帮她 |
[21:27] | when she didn’t stick by me? | 既然她当时都放弃我了 |
[21:29] | I don’t know, Samantha, | 我不知道怎么说 萨曼莎 |
[21:31] | but for her to admit all of that must have killed her. | 但是她承认那些事肯定难受得要死 |
[21:33] | Didn’t do wonders for me either, Robert. | 我也不好受啊 罗伯特 |
[21:36] | What are you saying? I should throw her a party? | 你想说什么 我该给她办个派对吗 |
[21:37] | I’m saying that sometimes being a parent | 我想说的是 身为父母有时候 |
[21:39] | is living with choices that break your heart. | 就要接受这些让人心碎的抉择 |
[21:41] | It’s not often that you get the chance to make up for them. | 而你很少能有机会来帮他们弥补过错 |
[21:43] | You have a chance to help this woman do that. | 你这就有机会来帮她弥补 |
[21:45] | I think maybe you should take it. | 我觉得 或许你应该接下这个案子 |
[21:47] | Even if I was willing to, I still can’t get her a deal. | 即使我愿意接 也没法帮她谈妥条件 |
[21:50] | Then let’s put our heads together | 那我们就一起想 |
[21:51] | and figure something out. | 想个办法出来 |
[21:53] | What about Louis’s client meeting? | 那路易的客户见面会呢 |
[21:54] | He’ll just have to understand. | 他只能表示理解了 |
[21:55] | If he doesn’t, you tell him to come see me. | 如果他不能理解 那就让他来找我 |
[22:05] | Pretty nice office for a fake consultant. | 对于冒牌顾问来说 这办公室挺不错 |
[22:07] | – What are you doing here? – I’m here to tell you | -你来干什么 -我来告诉你 |
[22:09] | that you’re negotiating from a position of weakness. | 你在一开始找我谈判时 就处于弱势地位 |
[22:12] | Because first you try to stop me, | 因为你先来试图阻止我 |
[22:13] | and then Kevin Miller offers me a job out of nowhere | 凯文·米勒又莫名其妙地给了我一份工作 |
[22:17] | telling me it’s not worth it to go against you. | 还跟我说 和你斗不值得 |
[22:19] | – It isn’t. – Yeah, you keep saying that, | -确实不值得 -尽管你一直在这么说 |
[22:21] | but I did some digging | 但我去挖了些信息 |
[22:23] | and on the very same day the Doyle Shoes trades were made | 就在道尔鞋业的交易达成的那天 |
[22:26] | a woman, who is now your COO, | 有位女士 现在是你们的首席运营官 |
[22:28] | signed into our visitor’s log to meet with Stu. | 在我们的访客记录上签了名 为了见斯图 |
[22:30] | Donna Paulsen I think is her name, right? | 她的名字应该是唐娜·鲍尔森 对吧 |
[22:33] | Be very careful what you say next and who you threaten. | 小心你下面想说的话 以及你威胁的对象 |
[22:35] | Looks like I touched a nerve. | 看来我找到关键了 |
[22:37] | Nick, you have no idea who you’re dealing with. | 尼克 你不知道你在和谁打交道 |
[22:39] | What I know is that stock manipulation is a crime. | 我倒是知道 股价操纵是犯罪 |
[22:41] | – So is blackmail. – And we can avoid prosecution | -敲诈勒索也是 -而我们可以免于起诉这两项罪名 |
[22:44] | for either of those if you stop coming at me | 只要你别再冲着我来 |
[22:46] | and start working on Stu Buzzini’s retirement party. | 而去开始策划斯图·布齐尼的退休派对 |
[22:49] | But you better do it soon, | 但你最好快点 |
[22:51] | because I’m not gonna wait much longer. | 因为我不会再等了 |
[22:53] | If you’re trying to play a game of Chicken with me, | 要是你想跟我玩老鹰抓小鸡 |
[22:57] | you’ll never win. | 你可赢不了 |
[22:58] | But I’m not just playing with you. | 但我不只是跟你玩 |
[23:00] | I’m playing with you, Stu Buzzini, and Donna Paulsen. | 我在跟你 斯图·布齐尼和唐娜·鲍尔森玩 |
[23:07] | Really is a nice office. | 办公室真的不错 |
[23:16] | What the hell is your problem? | 你到底什么毛病 |
[23:17] | It’s bad enough that Samantha farms out | 萨曼莎把她的责任推给你 却不告诉我 |
[23:19] | her responsibilities to you without telling me, | 这已经够糟的了 |
[23:21] | but then you blow him off? | 而你又放了他鸽子 |
[23:22] | – Will you just calm down? – Calm down? | -你冷静一下好不好 -冷静 |
[23:23] | I take one night off to prepare my home | 我就休息了一个晚上 布置家里 |
[23:26] | for my unborn child’s arrival and I am supposed to enjoy it, | 迎接新生儿的到来 我本应该好好享受 |
[23:29] | but I can’t because you and Samantha | 但我没法享受 因为你和萨曼莎 |
[23:30] | don’t give a shit about your jobs. | 你俩根本不在乎本职工作 |
[23:31] | – Are you finished? – No, I’m not. | -你说完了没有 -没有 |
[23:33] | Because when you stepped down it was like you said, | 因为你下台的时候就像是说 |
[23:34] | “Hey, I can do whatever I want.” | “我想做什么就做什么” |
[23:36] | And apparently what you want is to let this firm down, | 看来你想做的是让律所失望 |
[23:38] | let our clients down, and most of all let me down– | 让客户失望 最主要的是让我失望 |
[23:41] | All right, that’s enough. | 好了 说够了吧 |
[23:42] | I’m not gonna listen to another word of your delusion | 我不要再听你这些妄自尊大的话了 |
[23:44] | because from the minute I stepped down | 因为我从下台开始所做的一切 |
[23:45] | – all I’ve done is help you. – Help me? | -都是在帮你 -帮我 |
[23:47] | First, with Harvey on the Malik case, | 首先是和哈维一起赢了那个马利克的案子 |
[23:49] | and then again with Harvey on your poker bullshit, | 然后和哈维一起帮你处理那什么狗屁扑克牌局 |
[23:51] | and now with a partner who’s going through something | 而现在我是在陪我们的合伙人 她正经受着 |
[23:53] | more important than some client dinner. | 比陪客户吃饭重要得多的事情 |
[23:56] | Are you saying Samantha’s going through something? | 你是说萨曼莎正在经历某些事情吗 |
[23:57] | Yes, Louis, I am. | 对 路易 |
[24:01] | I’m sorry, Robert. I… | 抱歉 罗伯特 我… |
[24:05] | It is just so much– the pressure. | 压力太大了 |
[24:08] | It’s just… it’s too much. | 真是太多事情了 |
[24:11] | I know, Louis. | 我明白 路易 |
[24:14] | And I wish I could tell you it gets easier, but I can’t. | 我希望我能跟你说会变好的 但我不能 |
[24:16] | What I can tell you is to do your best | 我能说的只有 尽你所能 |
[24:18] | not to take it out on people around you. | 别把你身边的人当撒气筒 |
[24:19] | You’re right. | 你说得对 |
[24:21] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[24:23] | And I’m sorry I blew up at you. | 对不起对你发火了 |
[24:25] | You don’t need to apologize. | 你不用道歉 |
[24:26] | You mind me asking what is going on with Samantha? | 你介意我问一下萨曼莎那边发生什么了吗 |
[24:28] | Louis, if you think your people | 路易 如果你觉得同事身上 |
[24:29] | have something that’s going on, | 发生了什么事 |
[24:32] | you should probably ask them yourself. | 你大概还是去问本人最好 |
[24:37] | Donna, good, let’s grab a coffee. | 唐娜 不错 咱们去喝杯咖啡吧 |
[24:41] | Sure. I could use come caffeine. | 当然 我挺需要咖啡因的 |
[24:46] | And since we both know “Let’s grab coffee” | 而且我们都知道 你这么说就表示 |
[24:48] | is code for shit’s gone sideways, | 事情出岔子了 |
[24:50] | why don’t you just tell me what’s going on? | 所以告诉我发生了什么吧 |
[24:51] | Nick Pavonotti put the pieces together. | 尼克·帕瓦诺蒂把那些事串起来了 |
[24:53] | He knows we were involved in that trade. | 他知道我们参与了那场交易 |
[24:55] | So the firm’s in his crosshairs now too. | 那么律所现在也被他瞄准了 |
[24:57] | Not just the firm. | 不只是律所 |
[24:58] | He also knows that you came to see Stu that day. | 他还知道你那天去见斯图了 |
[25:02] | I’m sorry, Donna. I never should have– | 对不起 唐娜 我就不应该… |
[25:04] | Harvey, don’t even bother going down that road. | 哈维 不用那么想 |
[25:06] | I made my decision. | 我自己做了决定 |
[25:09] | Now we have to decide how to fix this. | 现在我们得决定怎么解决这事 |
[25:11] | You may not be able to fix it. | 或许你没法解决了 |
[25:12] | Don’t tell me, someone got burned by that trade. | 别说有人被那场交易波及到了 |
[25:14] | Not just burned, scorched. | 不只是波及 可以说是深受其害 |
[25:16] | A police pension fund sold at the wrong time | 有一笔错误时机卖出的警察退休金 |
[25:18] | that took a huge hit. This thing comes out, | 遭受重创 这件事暴露的话 |
[25:20] | you’re not gonna be able to say no harm no foul. | 你就没法再说什么没关系了 |
[25:22] | Son of a bitch. | 该死的 |
[25:23] | Harvey, if you’re out of time, | 哈维 如果你没时间了 |
[25:24] | – I don’t see any other way. – Any other way than what? | -我想不出别的选择了 -有什么选择 |
[25:27] | Giving in to whatever this guy wants. | 给他一切他想要的 |
[25:28] | No, Harvey, we can’t ask Stu to step down. | 不 哈维 我们不能让斯图下台 |
[25:30] | Stu knew the risk when he agreed to make that trade. | 斯图在做交易的时候就已经知道风险了 |
[25:32] | And you can tell yourself that to feel better, | 你可以这样自欺欺人 |
[25:34] | but I’m the one who convinced him to do it. | 但我才是那个说服他做这件事的人 |
[25:37] | And I only did that because you said | 我这么做的唯一原因 |
[25:38] | it was just a civil violation. | 是因为你说这不过就是个民事违法案件 |
[25:40] | Now it sounds like he could go to prison. | 但现在听起来他可能要进监狱了 |
[25:42] | Nothing’s gonna happen to him if he does this. | 如果他同意下台 什么也不会发生的 |
[25:44] | He won’t do it. | 他不会这么做的 |
[25:45] | Then you’re gonna have to make him do it. | 那么你就要让他同意 |
[25:47] | – Me? – Yeah, you. | -我 -没错 就是你 |
[25:48] | You said it yourself, you were the only one | 你最开始自己也说了 你是唯一一个 |
[25:50] | who could have convinced him to do this in the first place. | 可以说服他的人 |
[25:52] | Because he trusts me, and I’m not gonna take advantage | 那是因为他相信我 我不会利用这一点的 |
[25:54] | of that until you tell me that there’s nothing else we can do. | 除非你跟我说我们无路可走了 |
[25:58] | Because there is and you know it. | 明明还有路 你知道的 |
[26:00] | What is she talking about? | 她在说什么 |
[26:01] | She talking about going to Sean Cahill | 她的意思是去找肖恩·卡荷尔 |
[26:03] | to make him bury this thing, | 让他把这件事压下去 |
[26:05] | and he’s gonna want to help us even less than Stu. | 他更加不可能帮我们 |
[26:06] | If you want me to make Stu take the hit for all of us, | 如果你想让我说服斯图独自为我们承担一切 |
[26:11] | the least you can do is give it a shot with Cahill. | 你至少要去卡荷尔那里试试 |
[26:28] | Samantha. | 萨曼莎 |
[26:31] | I was afraid I’d never see you again. | 我还怕自己再也见不到你了 |
[26:32] | You almost didn’t. | 你差点就见不到了 |
[26:34] | Before you say another word, I need you to look at me. | 在你开口之前 我需要你看看我 |
[26:38] | – Take a good long look. – I don’t understand. | -仔细看看 -我不明白 |
[26:42] | I turned out just fine. | 我现在很好 |
[26:44] | So as far as I’m concerned, the problem wasn’t | 所以我认为 问题并不在于 |
[26:46] | that you cut me loose, it’s that you lied to me. | 你放弃了我 而在于你骗了我 |
[26:49] | So if you want my help, | 所以如果你想让我帮忙 |
[26:51] | you’re gonna tell Corey the truth. | 你就必须告诉科里真相 |
[26:53] | He’s gonna take responsibility for his actions, | 他会为自己的行为负责 |
[26:54] | and then we’re gonna get him the best deal possible, | 我们也会为他争取最好的条件 |
[26:57] | – and it won’t ruin his life. – How do you know that? | -这样也并不会毁掉他的人生 -你怎么知道 |
[27:00] | Because I know what I’m gonna say to that prosecutor. | 因为我知道我要对检查官说什么 |
[27:05] | Sean. | 肖恩 |
[27:07] | What a surprise running into you here. | 在这里碰见你真是巧了 |
[27:09] | You hungry? Why don’t we grab a big fat steak? | 你饿吗 我们去吃块大牛排怎么样 |
[27:11] | Nah, I’d rather go vegan because I know that look. | 别了 我还是吃素吧 我知道你那副表情 |
[27:14] | – What look? – The look that says | -什么表情 -那个表情的意思 |
[27:15] | “Either my nana died,” Or you need a favor. | 要么就是”我奶奶死了” 要么就是你需要帮忙 |
[27:17] | All right, I do. | 好吧 我确实想让你帮个忙 |
[27:19] | A client may or may not have | 我的一位客户可能有 也可能没有 |
[27:21] | manipulated a stock at our behest. | 在我们的命令下操纵了股票 |
[27:23] | We’re being blackmailed for it and I need you | 现在因为这件事我们被勒索了 我需要你 |
[27:25] | – to bury the whole thing. – Are you out of your mind? | -把整件事都掩盖掉 -你疯了吗 |
[27:27] | – Sean, I know it sounds bad– – No, it sounds illegal, | -肖恩 我知道这事不好 -不 这件事违法 |
[27:30] | and you’re lucky I’m not arresting you right now. | 我现在没逮捕你算你走运 |
[27:32] | Listen to me, we only orchestrated this trade | 听着 我们策划这件事 |
[27:34] | so that hundreds of innocent people could keep their jobs. | 是为了让几百个无辜的人保住工作 |
[27:36] | I don’t care why you did it. I’m not helping you. | 我不管你的动机 我不会帮你的 |
[27:39] | I don’t believe this. I helped you put away | 我不相信 我可是帮你甩掉了 |
[27:41] | the man that cost your mother everything. | 那个几乎让你母亲一无所有的男人 |
[27:45] | How’s Mike doing, Harvey? | 迈克最近如何 哈维 |
[27:47] | Because if memory serves, I helped save his life. | 因为如果我没记错的话 我帮你救了他的命 |
[27:50] | You did, and I will always be grateful. | 确实如此 我也会一直心怀感激 |
[27:53] | So your idea of gratitude | 所以你感谢人的方法 |
[27:54] | is sticking your hand out for more? | 就是伸手让他们再帮你一把吗 |
[27:55] | I wouldn’t be here if there was any other way. | 我要是还有别的方法 我也不会在这里 |
[27:57] | You know, I moved heaven and earth for you once before, | 你要知道 我曾经为了你赴汤蹈火 |
[27:59] | and now the well is dry. | 现在这口井已经干了 |
[28:00] | Well, then dig a little deeper | 那就再挖深一点 |
[28:02] | because if people found out about that heaven and earth, | 因为如果人们发现了你的光荣事迹 |
[28:04] | they wouldn’t throw you a parade. | 他们可不会为你游行 |
[28:05] | You just admitted to stock manipulation, | 你刚刚承认了股票操纵 |
[28:07] | so instead of threatening me, | 所以比起威胁我 |
[28:09] | you should be thanking me for not slapping the cuffs on you. | 你应该谢谢我没给你铐上手铐 |
[28:11] | So why don’t you go back to your office | 所以你为什么不回办公室 |
[28:12] | and pray that that blackmailer doesn’t come to me | 求求那个勒索者别来找我 |
[28:14] | ’cause if he does, I’m not gonna bury this thing; | 因为如果他来找我 我掩埋的就不是这事了 |
[28:18] | I’m gonna bury you. | 我埋掉的就是你 |
[28:25] | All right, Donna, I’m here. | 好了 唐娜 我人在这里了 |
[28:27] | The last time I took a meeting with you | 我上次见你 |
[28:28] | you got me to do something I regret. | 你让我做出了一些我后悔的事情 |
[28:29] | I hope you’re not here to try to get me | 我希望你这次来 |
[28:31] | to do something like that again. | 不是为了让我重蹈覆辙的 |
[28:32] | I’m here to say that that trade | 我来是想说那项交易 |
[28:34] | screwed over a pension fund to the tune of $20 million. | 榨掉了两千万养老基金 |
[28:38] | I get it. You’re telling me if I don’t give | 我明白了 你说的是如果我不辞职 |
[28:39] | that piece of shit my job, I’ll lose my license. | 我的执照就会被吊销 |
[28:40] | I’m telling you it could get a lot worse and I’m sorry. | 我想告诉你事情还可以更糟并且我很抱歉 |
[28:43] | Well, I don’t want an apology. | 我不想要道歉 |
[28:44] | – I want a way out. – This is a way out. | -我要的是解决方案 -这就是解决方案 |
[28:46] | Yeah, for you and Harvey, not for me. | 没错 对你和哈维来说是的 对我可不是 |
[28:47] | – Stu– – God damn it, | -斯图… -该死的 |
[28:48] | this whole thing was his idea. | 这整件事就是他的主意 |
[28:49] | Now instead of getting me out he wants me to take the bullet? | 不给我想办法也就算了 他还想让我一个人扛 |
[28:52] | – It’s the only way– – Is it? | -这是唯一的办法… -是吗 |
[28:54] | It took me 20 years to get where I am, | 我花了二十年才爬到这个位置 |
[28:56] | and I’m not gonna surrender to some blackmailer | 我可不会向什么勒索者投降 |
[28:57] | unless my only option is that or prison. | 除非我不干就会进监狱 我才会辞职 |
[29:00] | What if that is the choice? | 如果真的别无选择了呢 |
[29:02] | Then I’ll step down, but I’ll always remember | 那我就下台 但我会永远记得 |
[29:05] | it was my friends that made me do it. | 是我的朋友让我这么做的 |
[29:07] | But let me ask you this? What makes you think | 但我能问问吗 你凭什么觉得 |
[29:09] | he won’t keep using this against us anyway? | 他不会一直利用这一点来对付我们 |
[29:10] | Harvey’ll make Nick sign something | 哈维会让尼克签一些文件 |
[29:12] | where he implicates himself if he ever brings it up again. | 如果他再提 他就会把自己也卷进去 |
[29:14] | It’ll be mutually assured destruction. | 大家同归于尽 |
[29:17] | Then if you’ll excuse me, I got to get back. | 那我就失陪了 我还要回去 |
[29:19] | Got a little work to do while the firm’s still mine. | 趁着公司还是我的 我还有工作要做 |
[29:29] | I hope you’re both here to sign my plea offer | 我希望你们都是来签我的认罪协议的 |
[29:31] | because I don’t have time for more negotiations. | 因为我没时间再来协商了 |
[29:33] | I’m not signing anything. | 我什么也不会签的 |
[29:35] | – I’m sorry? – She not signing anything | -你说什么 -她什么也不会签 |
[29:37] | because we both know she didn’t do it. | 因为我们都知道她什么也没做 |
[29:39] | So you’re saying I’m free to go after the kid. | 所以你的意思是我可以开始针对那个孩子了 |
[29:41] | You are, and when you do, I’ll be representing him | 是的 当你这么做的时候 我会做他的律师 |
[29:44] | and I’ll be giving the jury this. | 并且我会向陪审团出示这份材料 |
[29:46] | And this is a rap sheet from 20 years ago. | 这是一份20年前的前科档案 |
[29:49] | That’s right. | 没错 |
[29:50] | Possession, theft, vandalism. | 持有违禁物 偷窃 故意毁坏公共财产 |
[29:51] | And then the name’s been redacted. So what? | 名字被修掉了 那又如何 |
[29:54] | You said I didn’t know anything about this community. | 你说我对这个社区一无所知 |
[29:55] | Well, you’re wrong. I grew up here. | 那你就错了 我是在这里长大的 |
[29:58] | Those crimes, I committed them here. | 那些罪名 就是我在这里犯下的 |
[30:00] | – That’s my rap sheet. – That’s a nice story, | -那是我的前科档案 -故事不错 |
[30:02] | but it has nothing to do with this case. | 但这与本案无关 |
[30:04] | Oh, yes, it does. Because you wanted to know | 当然有关 因为你想知道 |
[30:05] | what Judy did to get a lawyer like me in her corner. | 朱迪是如何请动我这样的律师来帮忙的 |
[30:08] | She raised me, | 是她把我养大的 |
[30:10] | and if you take Corey away from her, | 如果你把科里从她身边带走 |
[30:12] | he won’t have the chance to turn into | 他将失去成为一个 |
[30:14] | the productive member of society | 对社会有贡献的人的机会 |
[30:16] | that she can help him become. | 而她恰恰是能够帮助他的人 |
[30:19] | So he’s gonna plead down to misdemeanor possession, | 所以他将承认自己的不当行为 |
[30:22] | community service, and it will not go on his record. | 参加社区服务 而这不会记在他的档案上 |
[30:25] | And if I say no? | 如果我不答应呢 |
[30:26] | Then I’ll take my story, my rap sheet, | 那我就带着我的故事 我的前科档案 |
[30:27] | and that 16-year-old kid– | 和那个十六岁的孩子 |
[30:29] | And you tell it again in open court. | 在法庭上再讲一遍故事 |
[30:31] | I can break a jury in a number of ways. | 我可以用很多方法来说服陪审团 |
[30:32] | – That’s just one. – You raised this? | -这只是其中一个 -她是你养大的 |
[30:35] | I did, and I’m proud of her. | 没错 我为她骄傲 |
[30:37] | Well, I suppose that’s punishment enough. | 那我想你已经够遭罪了 |
[30:44] | You have yourselves a deal. | 你们说服我了 |
[30:47] | I’ll have my office draw up the paperwork. | 我会叫人起草文件的 |
[30:52] | Samantha, thank you. | 萨曼莎 谢谢你 |
[30:54] | I couldn’t have done this without you. | 没有你我肯定没法办成这事 |
[30:59] | I could say the same thing to you, Judy. | 我也一样 朱迪 |
[31:04] | If you’re in here, I take it Cahill said no. | 既然你人在这里 那卡荷尔肯定拒绝你了 |
[31:06] | He didn’t just say no. He said I was lucky | 他不仅拒绝了我 他说没有拘捕我 |
[31:09] | he wasn’t arresting me, | 算我走运 |
[31:10] | which means Stu is our only hope. | 这意味着斯图是我们唯一的希望 |
[31:13] | Not necessarily. | 未必 |
[31:14] | Please, tell me you got him to agree. | 请告诉我你说服他了 |
[31:15] | I did. It was hard and it hurt, | 我说服他了 很艰难 很伤人 |
[31:19] | but I did. | 但我还是说服他了 |
[31:20] | And then he asked me how we can be sure | 然后他问我怎么确保 |
[31:22] | that Nick won’t keep holding this over our heads. | 尼克不会一直利用这一点来对付我们 |
[31:24] | Easy, we’ll make him sign an agreement | 简单 我们让他签一份协议 |
[31:26] | – which I can go draft right now. – If I’m right, | -我现在就可以起草 -如果我的办法管用 |
[31:28] | Nick won’t have to sign anything | 尼克不需要签任何东西 |
[31:29] | and Stu won’t have to step down. | 斯图也不用下台 |
[31:30] | If Stu doesn’t step down, Nick goes to the SCC. | 如果斯图不下台 尼克会去证监会告发我们 |
[31:33] | In case you haven’t been paying attention, | 我再说一遍 |
[31:34] | – Cahill said no. – Maybe that’s because | -卡荷尔拒绝了我 -也许是因为 |
[31:36] | you didn’t ask him the right question. | 你没有问对问题 |
[31:38] | What the hell are you talking about? | 你到底在说什么 |
[31:39] | I’m trying to tell you I have an idea. | 我想告诉你 我有个办法 |
[31:44] | Looking over your future kingdom? | 在欣赏你未来的版图呢 |
[31:46] | Sorry to disappoint you, | 抱歉让你失望了 |
[31:47] | but you’re not getting the crown. | 但这顶王冠你怕是戴不上了 |
[31:50] | And who the hell are you? | 你又是哪位 |
[31:51] | You heard from the B team. | 你联系的是小卒 |
[31:52] | Well, I’m the A team. | 我是老大 |
[31:55] | The guy you know nothing about. | 你对我一无所知 |
[31:57] | Not my name, or where I’m from, or what I do. | 不知道我的名字 从哪里来 做什么的 |
[32:00] | Well, I know who sent you, and Harvey Specter– | 我知道谁派你来的 哈维·斯佩克特 |
[32:03] | Harvey Specter didn’t send me, Nick. | 不是哈维·斯佩克特派我来的 尼克 |
[32:05] | And neither did Stu Buzzini. | 也不是斯图·布齐尼 |
[32:07] | Well, that just leaves Teddy Doyle. | 那只能是泰迪·道尔了 |
[32:08] | Whom I’ve never met in my life. | 我不认识他 |
[32:09] | And yet here I am calling your bluff. | 我是来戳穿你的假象的 |
[32:11] | And what bluff is that? | 什么假象 |
[32:13] | The one where you think anyone’s going to believe | 你以为大家会相信 |
[32:15] | you’re going to march into Sean Cahill’s office | 你敢冲进肖恩·卡荷尔的办公室 |
[32:17] | and tell him your fairytale. | 把你手里的把柄告诉他吗 |
[32:19] | Because blackmail is a crime, | 因为勒索是犯罪 |
[32:21] | and you don’t have the balls for it. | 你没胆这么做 |
[32:22] | I see what this is. | 我知道你为何前来了 |
[32:24] | I’m not blackmailing anyone and you can record me all you want | 我没有勒索任何人 随你录音 |
[32:28] | because it occurs to me | 因为我突然想到 |
[32:30] | that I don’t need Stu to step down at all. | 我根本不需要斯图下台 |
[32:32] | I just have to do the thing that you say I won’t | 我只需要做你说我不会做的事 |
[32:34] | and I’ll have a clear path to throne anyway. | 王位便唾手可得 |
[32:36] | – Nick. – No, no, no. | -尼克 -不不不 |
[32:39] | You don’t call my bluff. I call yours. | 你没有戳穿我的假象 我戳穿了你的 |
[32:41] | So tell Harvey, or Stu, or whoever the fuck sent you | 告诉哈维 或斯图 或者派你来的人 |
[32:44] | it didn’t work, and get out of my firm | 这么做没有用 现在滚出我的公司 |
[32:48] | ’cause make no mistake, come tomorrow, | 因为不出意外的话 |
[32:50] | this place is mine. | 明天这里就是我的地盘了 |
[33:02] | Working late? | 加班呢 |
[33:05] | I have to look for another way to get noticed around here | 既然你想摆脱我 那我只能 |
[33:09] | now that you have to cut me loose. | 另寻他法来让自己被重用了 |
[33:11] | Look, Brian, I’m sure you’re busy, | 布莱恩 我知道你在忙 |
[33:13] | but I think we should talk. | 但我觉得我们应该聊聊 |
[33:17] | About what? | 聊什么 |
[33:18] | About the fact that you’re an outstanding attorney, | 聊聊你是多么出色的一个律师 |
[33:21] | and you don’t deserve to be hurt by a personal matter | 我不应该因为我个人的原因影响你的前途 |
[33:24] | that I should have kept in check. | 而我本应该控制好自己 |
[33:27] | – Katrina, you don’t– – No, it’s my fault. | -卡特里娜 你没 -不 是我的错 |
[33:29] | You said it, and you were right. | 你说得没错 |
[33:33] | I’ve been feeling… | 一直以来 |
[33:35] | pulled to you for quite some time. | 我都情不自禁地想靠近你 |
[33:39] | I pretended it wasn’t true and that I could control it, | 我假装这是错觉 以为能控制好这种情感 |
[33:43] | well, I couldn’t. | 但我没能做到 |
[33:45] | But I’m not going to let it hurt your career. | 但我不会让它有损你的前途 |
[33:47] | That’s not fair. I lashed out | 你这么说不公平 我之所以发火 |
[33:50] | because I was feeling guilty about… | 是因为我觉得愧疚 因为… |
[33:54] | you know… | 你懂的 |
[33:58] | and I’m afraid for my career. | 我也担心我的事业 |
[34:00] | And it feels like I can’t make the right decision, | 我感觉我没法做出正确的选择 |
[34:03] | and the wrong one is gonna bring everything crashing down. | 而错误的选择将葬送一切 |
[34:07] | I’m feeling exactly the same way. | 我也有同样的感觉 |
[34:09] | – So what are we gonna do? – Well, I have an idea. | -那我们该怎么办 -我有个想法 |
[34:13] | I’m not completely sure about it, | 我不太确定 |
[34:15] | but the one thing I do know is that | 但我确信的一点是 |
[34:18] | no one is going to believe | 大家都不会相信 |
[34:20] | I traded you for Susan Carter because she’s a better lawyer. | 我把你换成苏珊·卡特是因为她更优秀 |
[34:23] | – That bad? – Worse. | -她有那么糟吗 -糟透了 |
[34:26] | So what’s your plan? | 那你打算怎么办 |
[34:27] | If we work together for a year | 如果我们一起工作满一年 |
[34:29] | and it’s successful, which I know it can be, | 而这一年很顺利 我知道会很顺利 |
[34:33] | you’ll be on the junior partner track. | 那你就可以升为初级合伙人了 |
[34:35] | You can have your own cases, and I can say | 你可以自己接案子 而我敢说 |
[34:38] | that you’re ready to be more than someone’s associate. | 你准备好跨出这一步了 |
[34:42] | – That sounds like a plan. – Good. | -听上去很棒 -那就好 |
[34:47] | Am I allowed to say you’re not just someone? | 我可以说你对我也意义非凡吗 |
[34:54] | You probably shouldn’t. | 还是别了吧 |
[34:56] | – Thank you, Katrina. – Thank you, Brian. | -谢谢 卡特里娜 -谢谢 布莱恩 |
[35:09] | As you can see, it’s clear stock manipulation | 如你所见 显然我的老板和他的律所 |
[35:11] | involving my boss and his law firm | 精心策划 操纵股票 |
[35:13] | all orchestrated to serve as a takeover. | 就是为了进行收购 |
[35:14] | – It does appear that way. – Oh, it is that way. | -看上去并不是这样 -就是这样 |
[35:18] | And I’m not gonna let Stuart Buzzini | 而我不会让斯图尔特·布齐尼 |
[35:19] | put a black mark on my firm. | 给我的公司留下污点 |
[35:21] | And you chose to do this after hours | 你选择下班以后才来找我 |
[35:23] | because if you want a career, | 是因为如果你想保住前程 |
[35:24] | you certainly don’t want to do this in broad daylight. | 确实不该在光天化日之下做这种事 |
[35:27] | The thought did occur to me. So what now? | 我确实想到了这一点 那现在怎么样 |
[35:29] | You’re gonna take these guys down, right? | 你会把这些人拉下台吧 |
[35:31] | Well, now that all depends | 那要看情况了 |
[35:33] | because as much as I hate crooked traders, | 因为尽管我讨厌奸诈的商人 |
[35:36] | I hate blackmailers even more. | 我更讨厌爱敲诈勒索的人 |
[35:38] | What? I’m here because– | 什么 我来这里是因为 |
[35:40] | You’re here because I wanted you here, | 你来这里是因为我想让你来这里 |
[35:42] | and before you say you don’t anything about blackmail, | 在你说你对敲诈一无所知之前 |
[35:45] | you do, | 你确实这么做了 |
[35:46] | but so does Sean because I told him. | 但肖恩也算在勒索你 因为我跟他通过气了 |
[35:48] | That’s bullshit. | 胡说八道 |
[35:49] | Shh, save your breath. | 嘘 省省吧 |
[35:51] | You’re gonna need to do some thinking | 你最好先想想怎么圆谎 |
[35:53] | because I’m gonna tell you the exact same thing | 因为我准备对你说的话 |
[35:55] | that I told Harvey when he came to me. | 之前哈维来找我时 我也跟他说过一遍 |
[35:56] | You’re lucky I don’t arrest you right now. | 你现在没被我逮捕已经很幸运了 |
[35:59] | Bullshit you said that. | 放屁你跟他说过这些 |
[36:00] | He did, | 这话他确实跟我说过 |
[36:01] | and whether you believe him or not, I do. | 不管你信不信 反正我是信了 |
[36:04] | I’m a whistleblower. I have protections. | 我是检举人 我有权受到保护 |
[36:05] | Not for blackmailing charges you don’t. | 但被指控敲诈就不一样了吧 |
[36:08] | Cause as far as I’m concerned, | 就我而言 |
[36:09] | I think you’re both telling the truth, | 我想你跟两边都揭了老底 |
[36:11] | which means you should both be indicted. | 也就是说两边都会控告你 |
[36:12] | But since I have discretion, | 但因为我有自由裁量权 |
[36:14] | I can go after both or neither, | 我可以选择是否对两边进行追查 |
[36:16] | and I’m sure as shit not just going after Harvey. | 我是肯定不会只查哈维的 |
[36:18] | So the question I have for you, Mr. Whistleblower, | 所以检举人先生 我要问你 |
[36:20] | is do you want to be prosecuted today or not? | 你想不想今天就被起诉呢 |
[36:25] | I’m sorry to have wasted your time. | 很抱歉浪费了你的时间 |
[36:29] | Nick, one more thing. | 尼克 还有一件事 |
[36:30] | Stu asked me to let you know that you’re fired. | 斯图让我转告你 你被解雇了 |
[36:35] | On what grounds? | 凭什么 |
[36:35] | You remember all those trades I consulted you on? | 还记得我向你咨询的那些交易吗 |
[36:38] | They were real and they sucked, | 那些都是真的 也都赔得一塌糊涂 |
[36:41] | but Stu’s a generous man. | 但斯图还挺慷慨 |
[36:43] | He gave you a healthy severance package. | 他给了你正常的遣散费 |
[36:46] | Don’t spend it all in one place. | 别一次都用完了 |
[36:49] | Like it or not, Sean, | 不管你乐不乐意 肖恩 |
[36:51] | we still make a pretty good team. | 我们还是好搭档 |
[36:54] | Good team or not, | 管它是不是 |
[36:55] | if he’d gone the other way, you’d be wearing handcuffs right now. | 要是他没来这里 你现在就该蹲监狱了 |
[36:59] | For what it’s worth, | 不管怎么说 |
[37:00] | we’re about to make an anonymous donation to a certain pension fund. | 我们会给养老基金匿名捐款 |
[37:04] | We’ll make them whole, Sean. | 我们会补偿他们的 肖恩 |
[37:05] | Good for you, Harvey, but I don’t want to know about it | 你是个好人 哈维 但我并不想知道 |
[37:08] | cause this is where the gravy train ends. | 因为这条路就此到头了 |
[37:11] | And if you ever threaten me again, | 还有 你要是还敢威胁我 |
[37:13] | I’ll take you down on the spot. | 我就当场把你干掉 |
[37:18] | Sean. | 肖恩 |
[37:21] | Harvey. | 哈维 |
[37:25] | Louis, what are you– | 路易 你在 |
[37:27] | I wanna ask you something | 我想问你些事情 |
[37:30] | and you don’t have to answer, but… | 你不一定要回答 但 |
[37:32] | If this is about the Chelsea Connor case, I have– | 如果是关于切尔西·康纳的案子 我已经 |
[37:34] | It’s not about the case. | 和那个案子无关 |
[37:37] | Katrina, did something happen between you and Brian? | 卡特里娜 你和布莱恩是不是发生了什么 |
[37:40] | What? | 什么 |
[37:41] | The night I brought you your new business cards, | 那晚我给了你新的名片 |
[37:42] | remember? You were upset. | 还记得吧 你很沮丧 |
[37:43] | You said you didn’t have love in your life. | 你说你的生活里没有爱 |
[37:46] | And then yesterday, I bring his name up | 然后昨天 我提起他的名字 |
[37:48] | and you get weird. | 你变得很奇怪 |
[37:50] | I just want you to know, Katrina, | 我只是想让你知道 卡特里娜 |
[37:52] | I care about you and if something happened– | 我在乎你 如果发生了任何事 |
[37:54] | Yes and no, Louis. Yes and no. | 是又不是 路易 是又不是 |
[37:57] | What does that mean? | 什么意思 |
[37:58] | Brian and I developed feelings for each other. | 布莱恩和我都对彼此有了感觉 |
[38:02] | We didn’t mean to, and we didn’t act on it, | 我们不想这样 也没有再进一步发展 |
[38:05] | but it got complicated | 但事情确实变复杂了 |
[38:07] | and we messed up that deposition. | 我们搞砸了那次取证 |
[38:08] | And I know you must be thinking, “He’s married.” | 我知道你肯定在想 他已经结婚了 |
[38:11] | And I’m horrible– | 觉得我很糟糕 |
[38:12] | Katrina, I don’t think any of those things. | 卡特里娜 我没那么想 |
[38:15] | – You don’t? – No, things like this happen. | -你没有吗 -没有 这种事情总会发生 |
[38:17] | I know that as well as anyone. | 我知道这一点 大家也是 |
[38:19] | The only thing I think about you is that | 我对你唯一的看法是 |
[38:20] | you are the same brilliant, wonderful, quirky woman | 你还是一样的聪明美丽 |
[38:25] | that I’ve had the honor of working with all these years, | 这些年能跟你合作 我不胜荣幸 |
[38:27] | and that’s never gonna change. | 这一点永远不会变 |
[38:29] | – You really think that? – Yes. | -你真这么想 -是的 |
[38:32] | Thank you, Louis. | 谢谢你 路易 |
[38:35] | Come on. Bring it in. | 来吧 抱一下 |
[38:38] | Unless you’re worried, | 除非你还担心我 |
[38:39] | cause if you find Brian attractive | 因为如果你觉得布莱恩很迷人 |
[38:40] | I can only imagine the temptation | 那我也只能想象那种诱惑了 |
[38:41] | that this pot of hotness must be over here. | 因为咱俩还是只能当朋友 |
[38:45] | Too soon? | 现在开玩笑太早了吗 |
[38:46] | No, Louis. Right on time. | 没有 路易 正合适 |
[38:57] | Donna, are you calling to get together again tonight, | 唐娜 你打电话来是还想约今晚见面吗 |
[38:59] | because that would be three nights in a row, | 因为今天会是我们连续一起的第三个晚上了 |
[39:01] | and we might find ourselves in trouble. | 再这样下去我们可是会有麻烦的 |
[39:02] | I’m not calling to get together. | 我不是打电话来约见面的 |
[39:05] | Okay, what’s going on? | 好吧 发生什么了 |
[39:07] | You remember when I said I had a work thing on my mind, | 你还记得我说过 我有个关于工作的心事 |
[39:09] | and I didn’t wanna talk about it? | 而我不想聊这个吗 |
[39:11] | Of course. | 当然 |
[39:14] | I want to talk about it now. | 我现在想跟你谈谈了 |
[39:15] | I’m right here. | 我听着呢 |
[39:17] | It’s not always easy | 在工作中 |
[39:18] | knowing what the right thing to do is in my job, | 永远知道何事才是正确之举并不好受 |
[39:20] | and it worked out this time, but… | 我这次侥幸过关 但 |
[39:24] | sometimes it just sucks. | 有时候真的很糟心 |
[39:26] | Well, you may not believe this, Donna, | 你可能不会相信 唐娜 |
[39:27] | but I know exactly what you mean. | 但我理解你 |
[39:30] | How could you? | 你怎么会理解我 |
[39:30] | When Louis and Alex got me out of that contract, | 当时路易和亚历克斯帮我从那份合同中脱身 |
[39:32] | it was because Larry was shady. | 因为他们觉得拉里手脚不干净 |
[39:34] | But what if he wasn’t? | 但如果他们误会他了呢 |
[39:36] | What if it had just been a mistake? | 如果他只是犯了个错呢 |
[39:39] | Well, I would still need them to get me out of that contract | 我还是会需要他们帮我摆脱那份合同 |
[39:41] | and I wouldn’t care what it took | 我不在乎付出什么代价 |
[39:42] | because it was my business. | 因为这是我自己的生意 |
[39:45] | And I would have put you all in a pretty tough spot. | 而我却会让你们很难做 |
[39:47] | There really is more to you than meets the eye, isn’t there? | 你确实不是个流于表面的人 对吧 |
[39:50] | Anything you want to know, I’m right here. | 你有什么想知道的 随时问我 |
[39:53] | What if I said I wanted to get together tonight after all? | 如果我说我今晚又想见你了怎么办 |
[39:57] | Well, then I’d say that maybe it’s time | 那我会说也许 |
[39:58] | for you to come over to my place. | 今晚该你来我这了 |
[40:01] | Give me an hour. | 给我一个小时 |
[40:03] | Oh, and, Thomas, take your vitamins. | 对了 托马斯 记得吃维生素 |
[40:20] | I’m not here right now, | 我现在不方便接电话 |
[40:21] | so if you want me to call you back, say something interesting. | 你如果想让我回电话 就说些有趣的事 |
[40:24] | Hey, I just thought we could get a drink and celebrate. | 我觉得我们可以出去喝杯酒庆祝一下 |
[40:27] | I leave to you whether that’s interesting enough or not. | 你来决定这件事是不是足够有趣 |
[40:39] | You’ve reached the phone number of Mike Ross. | 您正在拨打迈克·罗斯的电话 |
[40:41] | Please leave a message. | 请留言 |
[40:44] | Hey, Mike, it’s me. | 迈克 是我 |
[40:46] | I got a hell of a story to tell you. | 我有一个超棒的故事要告诉你 |
[40:47] | It involves Kevin Miller, | 这个故事里有凯文·米勒 |
[40:49] | Stu Buzzini, Sean Cahill, | 斯图尔特·布齐尼 肖恩·卡希尔 |
[40:51] | and that trade we made for Teddy Doyle last year. | 还有我们去年帮泰迪·道尔干的那一票 |
[40:55] | Give me a call if you want to hear it. | 想听的话给我打电话 |
[40:59] | Miss you, buddy. | 我想你了 伙计 |