时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:02] | Was this whole thing designed to get Restoration back to the table? | 这整件事是不是就是为了让维新公司回来 |
[00:05] | It was designed to either get them back | 这整件事要么就是为了让他们回来 |
[00:07] | or to take a chance on an up-and-comer. | 要么就是给有前景的公司一个机会 |
[00:09] | Thomas isn’t gonna want to be in business with Simon | 托马斯一旦知道了这个 |
[00:11] | when he finds out about this. | 他不会想和西蒙再合作了 |
[00:12] | And he’s not going to find out about it, | 他不会发现这个事的 |
[00:14] | because we’re not gonna tell him. | 他不会发现这事的 |
[00:15] | Get on the ground. Wallet and phone. | 趴到地上 钱包和手机交出来 |
[00:17] | The same thing that happened to you happened to me. | 发生在你身上的事也曾发生在我身上 |
[00:20] | The deal you made was a ploy | 你做的交易只是个手段 |
[00:22] | to get Restoration Hardware to the table. | 好让维新公司坐下来谈判 |
[00:24] | – You know. – You’re damn right I know. | -你知道 -是的 我知道 |
[00:26] | I’m taking Glen’s offer at the original rate, | 我和格伦还是以原价交易 |
[00:28] | and I’m putting out an announcement about it. | 而且我还要发新闻稿宣布这件事 |
[00:30] | You cannot do what we did. | 你不能重蹈我们的覆辙 |
[00:32] | I’m telling you, you’ll regret it. | 我告诉你 你会后悔的 |
[00:33] | You didn’t regret it. | 你就没后悔 |
[00:35] | You don’t know what happens over time | 你不知道做了这种事之后 |
[00:36] | when you do something like that. | 会发生什么 |
[00:38] | I’m upset because I lost a client. | 我生气是因为丢了客户 |
[00:40] | No, you are upset because I chose Thomas over you. | 不 你生气是因为我选了托马斯而不是你 |
[00:42] | Louis didn’t get the wrong guy, | 路易没抓错人 |
[00:44] | and neither did you and I. | 你和我也没抓错人 |
[00:45] | It’s not about the wrong man. | 不是抓错人的问题 |
[00:47] | It’s about taking matters into your own hands | 而是私下越过法律解决问题 |
[00:49] | and what happens when you do that. | 以及这样做的后果 |
[00:50] | You broke privilege, | 你违反了保密协议 |
[00:53] | and now I’m gonna make you pay. | 而现在我会让你付出代价 |
[01:08] | Thomas, hi. | 托马斯 |
[01:11] | You busy tonight? | 今晚忙吗 |
[01:12] | Actually, I think I’m gonna work late. | 我可能要加班了 |
[01:16] | Donna, you okay? You sound upset. | 唐娜 你还好吗 你听着心情不好 |
[01:20] | I didn’t know you were gonna put out a press release | 我不知道你接受了另外那个交易之后 |
[01:22] | when you took that other offer. | 会发新闻稿 |
[01:23] | Donna, the risk you run | 唐娜 当人人都觉得你是个好人时 |
[01:24] | when you’re known as a nice guy is, | 你逃跑的风险就在于 |
[01:25] | people think they can push you around. | 人们会认为他们可以摆布你 |
[01:27] | I had to show them that if you push me, | 我必须让他们看到 如果他们摆布我 |
[01:29] | I’m gonna push right back, | 我会立马反击 |
[01:31] | and I’m sorry that resulted in your firm getting fired. | 很抱歉这害你的律所丢了客户 |
[01:34] | We’re not just getting fired, Thomas. | 我们不仅仅是丢了客户 托马斯 |
[01:36] | We’re getting sued. | 我们还被告了 |
[01:37] | Oh, shit. | 该死 |
[01:40] | Well, no wonder you’re upset. | 怪不得你心情不好 |
[01:41] | You guys are getting sued because of me. | 你们因为我而被告上了法庭 |
[01:44] | Well, that’s the thing. It’s not just because of you. | 这正是问题所在 这事不仅仅是因为你 |
[01:47] | It’s because of me. | 还因为我 |
[01:57] | Robert. | 罗伯特 |
[01:58] | If you’re here for a drink, I’d love to, | 如果你是来喝一杯的 我热烈欢迎 |
[02:00] | but I’ve already had a long week, | 但这一周我过得很辛苦 |
[02:01] | and Rosalie’s expecting me. | 而且罗莎莉正等着我回家呢 |
[02:03] | I’m not here for a drink. | 我不是来喝酒的 |
[02:05] | What’s on your mind? | 怎么回事 |
[02:06] | That prison situation you had a couple years back. | 你几年前经手的监狱的那个案子 |
[02:09] | What about it? | 怎么了 |
[02:11] | Those men murdered an innocent man. | 那些人处决了一个无辜的人 |
[02:13] | You knew about it. | 你心知肚明 |
[02:15] | And you didn’t do anything. | 但你却什么都没做 |
[02:17] | You here to make me feel like shit, | 你是来让我不痛快的 |
[02:18] | or is there a point in there somewhere? | 还是说你意有所指 |
[02:19] | I’m not judging you, Alex. | 我不是在评判你 亚历克斯 |
[02:22] | I did something some years back that I’m not proud of either. | 我几年前也做过一件不光彩的事 |
[02:25] | And I guess I’m wondering… | 我猜我是想知道… |
[02:29] | how do you live with it? | 你是怎么背负着那件事生活的 |
[02:32] | At first, I tried putting it out of my mind. | 起先 我试图把它抛在脑后 |
[02:35] | But then it kept popping back up. | 但我不断地想起这事 |
[02:37] | Then I thought about doing something, but… | 然后我想着去做些什么 但是… |
[02:40] | anything I tried, I’d just end up in prison myself | 无论我做什么 我都会因为一件没做过的事 |
[02:42] | for something I didn’t do. | 而身陷囹圄 |
[02:44] | So I guess the question is, | 所以我猜问题在于 |
[02:46] | can you do something about what you did? | 你是否能弥补你做过的那件事 |
[02:49] | No, I can’t. | 不 不能 |
[02:51] | Then all you can do is try and make up for it somehow | 那你只能在余生尽力以某种方式 |
[02:53] | the rest of your life. | 去补偿了 |
[03:03] | You stuck around and ate the rest of my Chinese, didn’t you? | 你留下来了 还把我的中餐吃完了 对吗 |
[03:06] | You think Laura’s gonna let me | 你觉得在家里劳拉会允许我 |
[03:07] | get egg rolls and fried rice at home? | 吃蛋卷和炒饭吗 |
[03:10] | Look, I wanted to thank you for staying late. | 听着 我想谢谢你熬夜工作 |
[03:12] | It means a lot. | 帮了我大忙 |
[03:13] | Don’t mention it, Robert. | 不客气 罗伯特 |
[03:14] | Whatever you need, I’m here. | 无论你有什么需要 我都在 |
[03:16] | You know that. | 你知道的 |
[03:17] | I know this sweet and sour chicken isn’t gonna eat itself. | 我知道这道酸甜鸡块可不会自己把自己吃掉 |
[03:20] | No, it won’t– | 不 是不会 |
[03:23] | Samantha, you still there? | 萨曼莎 你还在听吗 |
[03:28] | Robert, call 911! | 罗伯特 打911 |
[03:29] | Samantha! | 萨曼莎 |
[03:30] | I’m at– | 我在… |
[03:32] | Samantha, talk to me. | 萨曼莎 说话 |
[03:35] | God damn it. | 该死 |
[03:41] | 911. What’s your emergency? | 911 请问有什么紧急情况 |
[03:44] | *See the money, wanna stay for your meal* | *看到钱 就愿意留下吃饭* |
[03:47] | *Get another piece of pie for your wife* | *给你太太再拿块馅饼* |
[03:51] | *Everybody wanna know how it feel* | *所有人都想知道那感觉* |
[03:54] | *Everybody wanna see what it’s like* | *所有人都想见见那景象* |
[03:57] | *I’ll even eat a bean pie, I don’t mind* | *豆子馅饼我也愿吃 我不在乎* |
[04:01] | *Me and Missy is so busy, busy making money* | *我和妹子忙着赚钱* |
[04:04] | *All right* | *好了* |
[04:06] | *All step back, I’m ’bout to dance* | *退开点 我要跳舞* |
[04:12] | *The greenback boogie* | *美钞爵士摇摇摇* |
[04:17] | Harvey. What are you doing here? | 哈维 你来干什么 |
[04:19] | We have a problem. | 我们遇到麻烦了 |
[04:20] | Come in. | 进来 |
[04:25] | What is it? | 出什么事了 |
[04:27] | Long story short, | 长话短说 |
[04:28] | Simon Lowe tried to screw over Thomas Kessler. | 西蒙·洛想骗托马斯·凯斯勒 |
[04:32] | You mean that lease deal that came across my desk was bullshit? | 你是说我办公桌上那份租约是个笑话 |
[04:34] | Yes, that’s what I mean. | 没错 就是这个意思 |
[04:35] | Well, Harvey, I know Thomas is one of my oldest clients, | 哈维 虽然托马斯是我最老的客户之一 |
[04:37] | but you can’t tell him. | 但你不能告诉他 |
[04:38] | We’re way past that, Louis. | 告不告诉早就没关系了 路易 |
[04:39] | Donna told him. | 唐娜已经告诉他了 |
[04:41] | What? How could she even know? | 什么 她怎么可能知道 |
[04:42] | Because I told her. | 因为我告诉她了 |
[04:44] | Why the hell would you do that? | 你为什么要那样做 |
[04:45] | Because she knew something was wrong, | 因为她知道这事有猫腻 |
[04:46] | and I didn’t know what else to do. | 而我想不到别的办法 |
[04:48] | I told her to give me some time so I could fix it. | 我让她给我点时间好弥补这件事 |
[04:51] | But before I could, she told him. | 但我还没来得及弥补 她就告诉他了 |
[04:53] | Then Thomas bailed, and Simon suspected what happened. | 然后托马斯退出了 西蒙怀疑了 |
[04:56] | Let me guess. He fired us. | 我猜猜 他炒掉了我们 |
[04:57] | He didn’t just fire us, Louis. | 他不仅炒掉了我们 路易 |
[04:59] | He hired Daniel Hardman to sue us. | 他雇了丹尼尔·哈德曼来起诉我们 |
[05:06] | Say that again. | 再说一遍 |
[05:07] | – Simon hired– – No, tell me again | -西蒙雇了… -再和我说一遍 |
[05:10] | that Donna put her goddamn relationship above us | 唐娜是如何把个人私情置于我们之上的 |
[05:13] | and now Daniel fucking Hardman is suing my firm. | 而如今他妈的丹尼尔·哈德曼要告我的律所 |
[05:16] | You want to get pissed off at Donna, | 你是想生唐娜的气 |
[05:17] | or you want to figure this out? | 还是愿意想办法解决问题 |
[05:21] | I want to figure this out. | 我想要想办法解决 |
[05:23] | And I sure as shit know you didn’t come here without a plan, | 你肯定不会什么计划都没有就来这的 |
[05:25] | so what do you have? | 你的计划是什么 |
[05:27] | As I see it, we have two options, | 以我来看 我们有两个选择 |
[05:29] | the first of which involves going to Robert. | 第一个计划涉及到去找罗伯特 |
[05:31] | Pass. | 跳过 |
[05:31] | Look, he’s the only one of us | 他是我们中唯一一个 |
[05:33] | that actually gets along with Hardman. | 跟哈德曼关系还行的人 |
[05:35] | It’s the only chance we have | 这是我们仅有的 |
[05:36] | of getting him to be reasonable. | 能让他讲道理的机会 |
[05:37] | And you and I both know | 而我们俩都清楚 |
[05:38] | that there isn’t a frozen dick’s chance in hell | 让那个鼠辈讲道理 |
[05:40] | that that rat is gonna be reasonable. | 是不可能的事 |
[05:44] | Then tomorrow morning, you and I need to go in there | 那样的话 明天早上你和我就要过去 |
[05:46] | with an offer so good, | 带上一个非常好的条件 |
[05:48] | Simon has no choice but to take it | 好到西蒙只能接受 |
[05:50] | and Daniel’s left with nothing but a frozen dick in his hand. | 这样丹尼尔就什么都捞不着了 |
[06:15] | Robert, what are you doing here? | 罗伯特 你来做什么 |
[06:17] | I came as soon as I found out where they took you. | 我一知道你被送到的医院地址就赶过来了 |
[06:21] | – My purse, it had– – Don’t worry about it. | -我的钱包 有… -别担心 |
[06:24] | The important thing is, you’re here. | 重要的是你人在这儿 |
[06:28] | I am so sorry, Samantha. | 我很抱歉 萨曼莎 |
[06:31] | I never should have kept you so late. | 我不应该把你留这么晚 |
[06:34] | It’s not your fault, Robert. | 不是你的错 罗伯特 |
[06:36] | If anything, I should have had my guard up. | 要说的话 我应该更加警惕才对 |
[06:38] | This isn’t on you. | 这不能怪你 |
[06:39] | This is on that piece of shit who did this to you. | 得怪那个把你弄成这样的混蛋 |
[06:43] | You’re right. | 你说得对 |
[06:44] | We need to get to the police station. | 我们得去趟警局 |
[06:46] | – I want to make a statement. – You can do that tomorrow. | -我想要去做个笔录 -你明天再去吧 |
[06:48] | – Right now, you need to rest. – No. | -现在你需要休息 -不 |
[06:49] | If they have any chance of catching this guy, | 如果他们有机会能抓住这家伙的话 |
[06:50] | – the first 24 hours– – Samantha, | -案发的前二十四小时… -萨曼莎 |
[06:53] | whatever we have to do to make this right, | 无论我们需要做什么来解决这事 |
[06:54] | I’m gonna be right there with you. | 我都会陪着你一起的 |
[06:55] | But tonight, you’re staying put and getting better. | 但今晚 你踏实待着 好好养伤 |
[07:00] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[07:06] | Thanks for being here, Robert. | 谢谢你过来 罗伯特 |
[07:09] | I’ll always be here for you, Samantha. | 我会永远陪着你的 萨曼莎 |
[07:15] | Robert. You need something? | 罗伯特 有什么需要吗 |
[07:18] | Yeah. You hear about this Hardman-Pierpont Malls thing? | 你听说哈德曼和皮尔庞特商场联手的事了吗 |
[07:21] | I did. Alex told me. | 是的 亚历克斯告诉我了 |
[07:23] | – What did he say? – He said he wasn’t too happy | -他怎么说的 -他说对于唐娜让他 |
[07:25] | with Donna making him look like shit with his own client. | 在客户面前出丑不是特别高兴 |
[07:28] | Can’t blame the man for that. | 这么想也不能怪他 |
[07:29] | No. You can’t. | 确实如此 |
[07:34] | Robert, are you okay? | 罗伯特 你没事吧 |
[07:35] | Because ever since that thing with Louis– | 因为自从路易那个事以后… |
[07:37] | I’m fine, Samantha. Do me a favor. | 我没事 萨曼莎 帮我个忙 |
[07:39] | Get to know everything there is to know | 对于哈德曼的这整件事 |
[07:41] | about this whole Hardman situation. | 把一切能知道的都弄清楚 |
[07:43] | You never know how it’s gonna shake out. | 你永远都不知道最后会怎么收场 |
[07:52] | Harvey, Louis, good of both of you to come. | 哈维 路易 你们俩都来真是太好了 |
[07:54] | – Can I offer you a beverage? – Oh, actually, yeah. | -你们想喝点东西吗 -好啊 |
[07:56] | I will take a tall glass of suck a bag of dicks | 给我来一大杯”去死吧” |
[07:57] | because this thing’s ending right now. | 因为这个事今天到此为止了 |
[07:59] | – What is that? – We’re doubling the money | -那是什么 -我们会加倍赔偿 |
[08:01] | that you lost when Kessler backed out. | 你因为凯斯勒退出所蒙受的损失 |
[08:04] | This says that Kessler found out about | 这里面说凯斯勒是因为一个笔误 |
[08:05] | the Restoration deal because of a clerical error. | 才发现的维新公司的交易 |
[08:08] | That’s right. Information was included | 没错 某些交易备忘上录有信息 |
[08:10] | on certain deal memos that were just– | 而这些备忘呢 被… |
[08:12] | Bullshit! You told Alex Williams. | 胡说 你告诉了亚历克斯·威廉姆斯 |
[08:14] | And a clerical error isn’t gonna cut it with his board. | 笔误是没办法让他跟董事会交待的 |
[08:16] | They need a head to roll. | 他们要有人为此承担责任 |
[08:17] | Louis is just too stupid to understand that. | 路易傻到根本不明白这个 |
[08:19] | You arrogant son of a bitch. You always underestimated me. | 你这个自以为是的王八蛋 你一直都小看我 |
[08:21] | And you’re underestimating me, | 而你也小看了我 |
[08:23] | because if I’d wanted to settle with you, | 因为如果我想要跟你们和解的话 |
[08:25] | I wouldn’t have called Daniel Hardman. | 我就不会联系丹尼尔·哈德曼了 |
[08:27] | I thought you said you called him. | 你不是说是你联系的他吗 |
[08:28] | Did I? I must have made a clerical error. | 我说过吗 那我一定是口误了 |
[08:31] | Regardless, | 无论如何 |
[08:32] | it’s Louis’ firm now, not yours. | 现在是路易掌管律所 不是你 |
[08:35] | And, Louis, we go to court, the world’s gonna discover | 路易 我们上法庭 所有的人都会发现 |
[08:37] | that your firm can’t be trusted, | 你的律所不值得被信任 |
[08:38] | and then you will be the king of nothing. | 到那时你就一无所有了 |
[08:41] | But if you admit that Harvey broke privilege, | 但如果你承认哈维违反了保密协议 |
[08:43] | this can all go away. | 这些事就都可以过去 |
[08:45] | I see what this is. | 我明白了 |
[08:47] | You want to use that admission to come after Harvey’s license. | 你想以此吊销哈维的律师执照 |
[08:51] | Look at that. | 瞧瞧 |
[08:52] | I didn’t think you had it in you to figure it out. | 我没想到你还能搞明白这个 |
[08:55] | Let me tell you something that you will never figure out. | 我告诉你一个你永远也搞不明白的事吧 |
[08:57] | Leaders never betray their partners. | 领袖永远不会出卖他们的搭档 |
[09:00] | Let’s save the betrayal talk | 我们还是把这个出卖的话题 |
[09:02] | for Harvey’s ethics hearing, shall we? | 留到哈维的职业操守听证会上吧 |
[09:04] | I imagine I can win this lawsuit | 我想我可以赢下这场官司 |
[09:06] | and have it scheduled by the end of the month. | 并且把听证会时间定在这个月底 |
[09:07] | You do this, I promise you, | 你这样做 我向你保证 |
[09:09] | I’ll be the biggest regret of your life. | 这事会是你这辈子最后悔做过的事 |
[09:10] | No, Harvey. My biggest regret is, | 不 哈维 我最后悔的是 |
[09:12] | I wasn’t the one to rip Jessica’s name off the wall, | 没有亲自把杰西卡的名字从墙上揭下来 |
[09:15] | so I’ll just have to settle for ripping yours off instead. | 所以我只好把你的名字揭下来将就一下了 |
[09:19] | Good day, | 日安 |
[09:20] | gentlemen. | 先生们 |
[09:22] | Harvey, how did it go with Hardman? | 哈维 跟哈德曼谈得如何 |
[09:24] | It didn’t. | 没谈成 |
[09:26] | What does that mean? | 什么意思 |
[09:27] | It means he’s not just suing us. | 意思是他不仅要告我们 |
[09:29] | He’s trying to get a guilty verdict | 他是想得到一个有罪判决 |
[09:30] | so he can use it and come after my license. | 这样他就能利用它来吊销我的律师执照 |
[09:32] | What? | 什么 |
[09:33] | – No, he can’t do that! – He can, Donna, | -不 他不能这么做 -他可以 唐娜 |
[09:35] | because I broke privilege, and he knows it. | 因为我违反了保密协议 他很清楚 |
[09:37] | But you didn’t break privilege. | 但你没有违反保密协议 |
[09:39] | I’m the one who told Thomas. | 是我告诉了托马斯 |
[09:40] | And I’m the one who told Alex, | 而我告诉了亚历克斯 |
[09:41] | and that’s how they think Thomas knows. | 他们认为托马斯就是这么知道这事的 |
[09:43] | So what are we gonna do? | 那咱们要怎么做 |
[09:44] | We aren’t doing anything. | 咱们什么都不用做 |
[09:46] | Louis and I are handling this. | 路易和我会处理的 |
[09:48] | But if I told them that it was me and not you– | 但如果我告诉他们是我而不是你… |
[09:50] | You’d just make it worse. | 你只会把事情弄得更糟 |
[09:51] | We told them it was a clerical error, | 我们告诉他们是个笔误 |
[09:53] | and you’d be proving we did what they’re accusing us of. | 而你会坐实他们对我们的指控 |
[09:55] | Harvey, I’m responsible for this. | 哈维 这是我的错 |
[09:57] | I want to help. | 我想帮忙 |
[09:59] | I’m sorry, Donna, but– | 抱歉 唐娜 但是… |
[10:00] | I get it. | 我明白了 |
[10:02] | If I really wanted to help, | 如果我真想帮忙 |
[10:03] | I never would have told Thomas in the first place. | 一开始就不会告诉托马斯了 |
[10:06] | Well, I was gonna say the genie’s out of the bottle. | 我想说的是潘多拉魔盒已经打开了 |
[10:08] | We can’t put it back in. | 我们没办法把它合上了 |
[10:09] | But what you can do is let Louis and I do what we have to | 但你可以做的是让我和路易去处理 |
[10:12] | to get us out of this. | 使我们摆脱困境 |
[10:16] | Samantha, how are you doing? | 萨曼莎 怎么样了 |
[10:18] | Physically, I’m fine. | 身体上 我很好 |
[10:19] | Mentally, I am pissed the fuck off. | 精神上 我气疯了 |
[10:21] | You want to talk about it? | 你想要说说吗 |
[10:22] | Because we can get you some counseling. | 我们可以给你安排个心理咨询 |
[10:24] | This isn’t about my feelings, Robert. | 这跟我的心理没关系 罗伯特 |
[10:25] | I got mugged like 30 other people that night. | 我只是那晚被抢劫的三十个人中的一个 |
[10:27] | The police aren’t gonna do anything about it, | 警察不会有所作为的 |
[10:29] | and you know it. | 你心知肚明 |
[10:30] | What are you getting at? | 你想说什么 |
[10:31] | I want the name of your investigator | 我要知道你调查员的名字 |
[10:33] | and a few days off to handle this. | 并且请假几天来处理此事 |
[10:35] | You think I’m gonna let you track down this guy yourself? | 你觉得我会让你自己追查这个人 |
[10:37] | – Listen to me– – No. | -听我说… -不行 |
[10:39] | Let’s say you find him. What happens then? | 假设你找到他了 然后呢 |
[10:41] | You hear of an eye for an eye? | 你听说过以眼还眼吗 |
[10:43] | That’s what happens. | 那就是我要做的 |
[10:45] | Look, if someone attacks you, they attack me. | 有人袭击你 就等于袭击我 |
[10:48] | So we’re gonna go to my guy and find this son of a bitch. | 所以我们要去找我的人 把这个混蛋查出来 |
[10:51] | But when we do, we turn him over to the DA | 但查出来后 我们要把他交给地检 |
[10:54] | and let them do what they do. | 让他们履行职责 |
[10:55] | No, that won’t work! | 不 那没用的 |
[10:56] | I’m not asking, Samantha. I’m telling. | 这不是商量 是通知 萨曼莎 |
[10:58] | If you want justice, you’re gonna get it. | 你会得到你想要的正义 |
[11:00] | That’s the only way this happens. | 但只能通过这种方法 |
[11:04] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[11:06] | We’ll do it your way. | 我们按你的方法做 |
[11:08] | Just give me the name of your investigator. | 告诉我调查员的名字 |
[11:14] | Harvey. What an unpleasant surprise. | 哈维 真是令人不快的突袭 |
[11:17] | Well, it’s about to get more unpleasant, | 马上就要变得更加令人不快了 |
[11:19] | because I got to thinking: | 因为我琢磨 |
[11:20] | if Simon was willing to double deal behind Thomas’ back, | 如果西蒙愿意背着托马斯跟别人交易 |
[11:23] | what’s to stop him from doing it with someone else? | 谁能阻止他再换个人这么做呢 |
[11:27] | That is evidence of an off-the-books meeting | 这是两家美国最大商场的老板 |
[11:29] | between two of the largest mall owners in America, | 私下会面的证据 |
[11:32] | divvying up retailers and colluding on rents. | 他们分配零售商 串谋抬高租金 |
[11:35] | So I’m giving you a one-time opportunity | 我给你一个机会 仅此一次 |
[11:38] | to save Simon an investigation. | 免得西蒙被调查 |
[11:40] | Well, Harvey, you’re right. | 好吧 哈维 你说对了 |
[11:42] | Simon did get into a room with Westhaven, | 西蒙确实和威斯特海温见面了 |
[11:44] | and it was off the books. | 而且是私下的 |
[11:46] | But they weren’t colluding. | 但他们没有串谋 |
[11:47] | – They were discussing a merger. – Bullshit. | -他们在讨论并购 -胡扯 |
[11:49] | I represented him. | 我曾是他的律师 |
[11:50] | He never said anything about this. | 他根本没提起这个 |
[11:52] | I’d be happy to show you the offer we made to them. | 我很乐意给你看我们给他们的出价 |
[11:54] | And I assure you, | 而且我向你保证 |
[11:56] | they have a copy in their files right now. | 他们的档案中也有一份相关文件 |
[11:57] | Because you went back and created a paper trail. | 因为你回过头去造了一份书面记录 |
[12:00] | Which means all you have on Simon | 也就是说你手里西蒙的把柄 |
[12:01] | are a couple of dates on a calendar. | 只是日历上的几个日期 |
[12:03] | And all you have on me is conjecture | 而你手里掌握的我的把柄 |
[12:05] | about what I may or may not have done. | 不过是关于我所作所为的莫须有推测罢了 |
[12:06] | No, Harvey. I have a phone call you made to Travis Tanner | 不 哈维 我知道在维新公司退出前一晚 |
[12:09] | the night before Restoration backed out. | 你给特拉维斯·坦纳打了电话 |
[12:12] | Turns out, Travis just happens to | 原来特拉维斯刚好是 |
[12:14] | represent the competitor of Simon’s | 西蒙竞争对手的律师 |
[12:16] | that was drawing up an offer to Restoration | 凯斯勒退出时 |
[12:17] | when Kessler backed out. | 他们正要给维新公司开价 |
[12:20] | Do you think Tanner will protect you | 你觉得我把坦纳弄上法庭后 |
[12:22] | when I get him on the stand? | 他会保护你吗 |
[12:23] | You son of a bitch. | 你这个混蛋 |
[12:24] | Now, now. | 别这样 |
[12:26] | Name-calling won’t get us anywhere. | 骂人没有任何用处 |
[12:28] | Or maybe it will. | 也许有用 |
[12:30] | Because I’m willing to drop this whole thing | 因为我愿意放下这件事 |
[12:33] | if you will do me the simple courtesy | 只要你愿意 |
[12:34] | of putting my name back up on your wall. | 把我的名字加回你律所的墙上 |
[12:37] | You would have to resign, of course. | 当然了 你必须辞职 |
[12:40] | But at least you’d be able to slink away | 但至少你可以灰溜溜地离开 |
[12:44] | and start up somewhere else, | 换个地方重新开始 |
[12:46] | like you did to me. | 就像你对我做的一样 |
[12:48] | You really think I’m gonna let you get away with this, don’t you? | 你真觉得我会让你得逞 是吗 |
[12:50] | I think you did what I’m accusing you of, | 我认为你做了我所指控的事 |
[12:53] | and the chickens are coming home to roost. | 而报应就要来了 |
[13:02] | Are you up to speed on Hardman? | 你了解哈德曼的情况了吗 |
[13:04] | I am. | 是的 |
[13:06] | Robert, he’s not gonna give up, | 罗伯特 他不会放弃的 |
[13:08] | and if this thing plays out the way it’s headed– | 如果这件事继续这样发展… |
[13:10] | I know. That’s why I came up with this. | 我知道 所以我准备了这个 |
[13:16] | – Are you crazy? – No, I’m not. | -你疯了吗 -不 我没有 |
[13:18] | But I need you to make that happen. | 但我需要你实现它 |
[13:19] | Well, then think of something else, | 那就想别的办法吧 |
[13:20] | because I’ll never be able to convince him to do this. | 因为我绝对无法说服他这么做 |
[13:22] | Samantha, you have convinced people | 萨曼莎 你曾说服过人们 |
[13:24] | of a hell of a lot more than this. | 去做比这难得多的事 |
[13:25] | Because I could get to them. He won’t even take my call. | 因为我能接近他们 他连我的电话都不接 |
[13:27] | Well, he’s sure as shit not gonna take mine. | 反正他绝对不会接我的电话 |
[13:29] | And you can use his hatred of me to– | 你可以利用他对我的恨意… |
[13:31] | You, me–it won’t make a difference. | 你 我 根本没区别 |
[13:32] | – He hates us both. – And if we don’t do this– | -他恨我们俩 -如果我们不这么做… |
[13:34] | I know what’s at stake, Robert. | 我知道有什么后果 罗伯特 |
[13:35] | Then I need you to get this done. | 那我就需要你把事办成 |
[13:37] | Because I agree– if this thing plays out | 因为我同意 如果这件事继续 |
[13:40] | the way that it’s headed… | 这样发展下去… |
[13:44] | All right. | 好吧 |
[13:46] | I’ll make it happen. | 我会办成 |
[13:52] | Louis. | 路易 |
[13:57] | This is only the second time you’ve ever come to my home. | 这不过是你第二次来我家而已 |
[13:59] | First time I was here, | 我第一次来的时候 |
[14:01] | I told you that I got you out of a jam. | 我告诉你我解决了你的危机 |
[14:03] | This time, I’m asking you to get me out of one. | 这次 我请求你解决我的危机 |
[14:05] | If you’re talking about Simon Lowe suing your firm, | 如果你说的是西蒙·洛起诉你的律所 |
[14:07] | I heard about that, and I’m sorry. | 我听说了 我很遗憾 |
[14:09] | Well, he’s not just suing the firm, Thomas. | 他不仅仅是起诉律所 托马斯 |
[14:11] | His lawyer’s using the suit | 他的律师要利用诉讼 |
[14:12] | to come after my partner’s license. | 吊销我的合伙人的执照 |
[14:14] | – You mean Harvey Specter. – Yes, I do. | -你是说哈维·斯佩克特 -对 是的 |
[14:17] | So as your first lawyer and your friend, | 所以作为你的首任律师兼朋友 |
[14:20] | I’m asking you to help me. | 我请求你帮助我 |
[14:22] | Help you how? | 怎么帮你 |
[14:24] | Simon’s lawyer is trying to prove | 西蒙的律师想证明 |
[14:25] | that Harvey broke privilege, | 哈维违反了保密协议 |
[14:27] | and the only people they can go after | 他们能找的人只有 |
[14:28] | are Harvey, Alex, Donna… | 哈维 亚历克斯 唐娜… |
[14:30] | – And me. – That’s right. | -和我 -没错 |
[14:31] | And Daniel Hardman has not subpoenaed you yet, | 丹尼尔·哈德曼还没有传唤你 |
[14:33] | but it’s only a matter of time. | 但这只是时间问题 |
[14:34] | And you want me to what? Leave town? | 你想让我怎么做 事先逃走 |
[14:36] | – Or worse yet– – No, Thomas– | -还是更糟的… -不 托马斯 |
[14:37] | No, no, I don’t believe this, Louis. | 不 不 我简直不敢相信 路易 |
[14:40] | The guy helped Simon Lowe try to screw me over, | 他帮助西蒙·洛差点骗了我 |
[14:42] | and you want me to cover for him. | 而你想让我帮他掩盖 |
[14:44] | Thomas, listen to me. I know you value honesty, | 托马斯 听我说 我知道你重诚信 |
[14:46] | so I’m gonna be perfectly honest with you. | 所以我就诚实告诉你 |
[14:47] | Simon was a bigger client. | 西蒙是个更重要的客户 |
[14:49] | And Harvey should have sided with him, | 哈维应该站在他那边 |
[14:50] | but he tried to protect you anyway. | 但他还是试图保护你 |
[14:53] | And if you don’t cover for him, | 如果你不帮他掩盖 |
[14:54] | all it’s gonna do is take down a good man who I care about. | 后果只会是让一个我在乎的好人遭殃 |
[15:00] | I’m sorry, Louis. | 对不起 路易 |
[15:02] | If this Daniel Hardman subpoenas me, | 如果这个丹尼尔·哈德曼传唤我 |
[15:05] | I won’t perjure myself. | 我不会作伪证 |
[15:11] | I assume you’re here to discuss my pending action | 我猜你是来讨论 我即将对你的律所 |
[15:14] | – against your firm. – I am. | -所采取的行动 -是的 |
[15:16] | I’m also here to drink this 30-year scotch | 同时我也是来和一个老朋友分享这瓶 |
[15:19] | with an old friend. | 三十年的苏格兰威士忌 |
[15:21] | I appreciate that, Robert. | 谢谢你的心意 罗伯特 |
[15:23] | But what’s the saying? | 但是那句话怎么说来着 |
[15:24] | Never trust Greeks bearing gifts? | 不要相信带礼物的希腊人 |
[15:26] | I look Greek to you? | 我看起来像希腊人吗 |
[15:27] | You look like a man | 你看起来 |
[15:28] | who’s trying to have it both ways. | 像想两全其美的人 |
[15:30] | And you look like one who’s letting a vendetta | 而你像是被陈年旧恨 |
[15:32] | cloud his judgment. | 蒙蔽了双眼的人 |
[15:33] | They took my firm, Robert. | 他们夺走了我的律所 罗伯特 |
[15:35] | It’s not a judgment. That’s a fact. | 这不是我的主观判断 是事实 |
[15:37] | And from what I recall, you all but handed it to them | 我记得 是你的轻率导致了 |
[15:39] | with your indiscretions. | 你把律所拱手相让 |
[15:39] | And if you’re here to litigate the past– | 如果你是为了争论以前的事… |
[15:41] | The past, Daniel. | 过去的都过去了 丹尼尔 |
[15:43] | I’m here to work something out. | 我是为了解决问题才来的 |
[15:44] | What will it take for you to drop this thing? | 你要怎样才能放弃 |
[15:47] | I said what it would take: my old firm back | 我说过了 我要拿回我的律所 |
[15:49] | and Harvey Specter’s resignation. | 还有哈维·斯佩克特辞职 |
[15:51] | Now, you know I can’t do that. | 你知道我不能这么做 |
[15:53] | Why not? | 为什么不能 |
[15:55] | Because Rachel married his protégé? | 因为瑞秋嫁给了他的得意门生吗 |
[15:57] | Because you and Jessica broke the glass ceiling together? | 还是因为你和杰西卡合作一起冲破了桎梏 |
[16:00] | We were friends before any of that. | 在那之前我们就是朋友了 |
[16:01] | We talked about starting a firm together. | 我们曾经说过要一起建立一家律所 |
[16:03] | I know that we did. | 我当然记得 |
[16:04] | Then why are you siding with them? | 那你为什么要和他们站在一边 |
[16:07] | They stole everything I built, Robert, | 他们偷走了我建立起来的一切 罗伯特 |
[16:09] | forced me out in disgrace, | 强迫我不光彩地退出 |
[16:11] | and I have been in the wilderness ever since. | 让我从此一蹶不振 |
[16:13] | And until my name is up on that wall, | 除非我成为冠名合伙人 |
[16:16] | I’m not dropping this. | 否则我是不会放弃的 |
[16:21] | Then what if I can get your name up somewhere else? | 要是我让你当别的律所的冠名合伙人呢 |
[16:25] | You mean Rand Kaldor. | 你是指兰德·考德律所 |
[16:26] | Ever since I left the firm, they’ve been one man down. | 自从我离开律所 他们就一直少个合伙人 |
[16:29] | You could come in and–and– | 你可以去那 然后… |
[16:31] | And what? | 然后呢 |
[16:32] | They hate you as much as I hate Harvey. | 他们讨厌你就像我讨厌哈维一样 |
[16:34] | Why would they throw you a lifeline? | 他们凭什么帮你 |
[16:36] | Because you’re Daniel goddamn Hardman, | 因为你他妈的是丹尼尔·哈德曼 |
[16:38] | that’s why. | 这就是原因 |
[16:43] | Okay, Robert. | 好吧 罗伯特 |
[16:46] | You get Eric and Ellen to go in on this, | 你能让艾瑞克和艾伦同意的话 |
[16:47] | I will let this go. | 我就放弃 |
[16:50] | But if you can’t, | 但如果你失败了 |
[16:52] | our friendship isn’t gonna stop me from taking Harvey down. | 我们的友谊也不能阻止我扳倒哈维 |
[17:05] | So…how’d it go with Daniel? | 和丹尼尔聊得如何 |
[17:08] | It didn’t. | 没成 |
[17:10] | What do you mean, it didn’t? | 什么叫没成 |
[17:11] | He already backdated an excuse, and not only that. | 他早就想好了借口 不止如此 |
[17:14] | He found out I went to Tanner behind Simon’s back. | 他发现我背着西蒙去找过坦纳 |
[17:17] | Wait, you did what? | 什么 你干了什么 |
[17:18] | I was trying to save Thomas’ deal without telling him. | 我想在托马斯不知情的情况下帮他搞定协议 |
[17:21] | -I had to go to somebody– – You know what? Never mind. | -我得去找一个… -行了 别说了 |
[17:22] | I don’t give a shit. But what we need to do | 我不在乎 但现在我们需要 |
[17:23] | is figure something out, because this is my firm, | 想个解决办法 因为这是我的律所 |
[17:26] | and I’m not gonna let that son of a bitch take it from me. | 我不会让那个混蛋把它从我手中夺走 |
[17:28] | – Louis– – Why did you have to tell her? | -路易 -你为什么非得告诉她 |
[17:30] | That’s what I don’t get. Why? | 我不懂 为什么 |
[17:32] | He was my client for 13 years. | 他已经是我十三年的老客户了 |
[17:33] | I wouldn’t have told her. | 我都不会告诉她 |
[17:35] | Yes, Louis, you would have. | 不对 路易 你会告诉她的 |
[17:37] | Last year, you came to me | 去年 你来找我 |
[17:39] | about putting Sheila over the firm. | 说要把重心从律所转向希拉 |
[17:41] | And I told you as managing partner, | 我告诉你 作为经营合伙人 |
[17:43] | I wouldn’t do it, | 我不会支持你这么做 |
[17:44] | but as your friend, I would. | 但作为你的朋友 我会支持你 |
[17:46] | If I had asked you about telling Donna, | 如果我当初问你应不应该告诉唐娜 |
[17:48] | you would have done the same thing. | 你也会和我说同样的话 |
[17:51] | You’re right. | 说得对 |
[17:54] | I would. | 我会 |
[17:57] | God damn it! | 该死 |
[17:58] | What’s going on, Louis? | 路易 怎么了 |
[18:00] | Thomas said that he wouldn’t help us. | 托马斯说他不会帮我们 |
[18:02] | You mean he wouldn’t help me. | 你是说他不会帮我 |
[18:04] | Yeah, I guess that’s what I mean. | 对 我就是这个意思 |
[18:05] | Why couldn’t Donna just wait for you? | 为什么唐娜不能等等你呢 |
[18:09] | I don’t know, Louis. | 我不知道 路易 |
[18:11] | I really don’t know. | 真的不知道 |
[18:13] | You think you would have come through if she had? | 如果她当时等你的话 你觉得能顺利过关吗 |
[18:16] | Well, I’d like to think so. | 我觉得可以 |
[18:17] | Yeah, well, I do too. | 我也这么想 |
[18:20] | ‘Cause let’s face it, Harvey: you pretty much always do. | 不得不说 哈维 你每次都能顺利过关 |
[18:24] | You’re right, Louis. I do. | 说得对 路易 确实如此 |
[18:26] | And right now, I think I can. | 现在我觉得我可以了 |
[18:28] | What do you got? | 你有什么想法 |
[18:30] | They said a head needs to roll on this. | 他们说有人需要付出代价 |
[18:33] | What if, instead of one head rolling, | 如果 不是一个人付出代价 |
[18:35] | we give them two? | 而是两个人呢 |
[18:41] | Good. You’re here. | 很好 你在这 |
[18:43] | I was going over my testimony | 我过了一遍我的证词 |
[18:45] | and could use another set of eyes. | 你帮我再看看吧 |
[18:50] | I don’t know how to tell you this. | 我不知道怎么开口 |
[18:54] | I talked to Cameron Dennis. | 我和卡梅隆·丹尼斯谈过了 |
[18:56] | The guy’s friends put him at a different location, and– | 那人的朋友帮他作不在场证明 然后… |
[18:58] | Don’t you say it. | 别说了 |
[19:00] | Samantha, I’m sorry. | 萨曼莎 抱歉 |
[19:02] | I never should have listened to you. | 我就不该听你的 |
[19:05] | Look, I know you’re upset– | 我知道你不高兴… |
[19:06] | Save it. I’ve got something to take care of. | 得了吧 我有事情要处理 |
[19:09] | So what are you gonna do, hire someone to break his legs? | 你打算怎么办 找人打断他的腿吗 |
[19:11] | God damn it, you told me | 该死的 你告诉我 |
[19:12] | if we did this right, there would be justice. | 如果我们好好处理这件事 就能伸张正义 |
[19:15] | Where is the justice? | 正义在哪 |
[19:18] | That son of a bitch gets off, you know what that makes me? | 那个王八蛋脱罪了 让我变成了什么 |
[19:20] | A victim. | 受害者 |
[19:22] | I am not a victim, Robert! | 我不是受害者 罗伯特 |
[19:36] | One of my foster parents would hit me. | 我的养父母之一 以前总打我 |
[19:43] | It’s why I joined the service, why I learned self-defense. | 所以我成为一名律师 学习自我保护 |
[19:49] | I can’t be a victim again, Robert. | 我不能再成为受害者了 罗伯特 |
[19:51] | I just…can’t. | 我就是…不能 |
[19:56] | All right, then. | 好吧 |
[19:58] | We’ll go the other way. | 我们想想其他办法 |
[20:01] | What are you talking about? | 你指什么 |
[20:03] | Cameron Dennis said | 卡梅隆·丹尼斯说 |
[20:04] | that if any new evidence came to light, | 如果有新的证据 |
[20:07] | he’ll prosecute. | 他就提起诉讼 |
[20:12] | Let’s get to doing that, then. | 那我们去找新证据吧 |
[20:14] | No. | 不 |
[20:16] | You took a risk once to get me this firm. | 你让我得到这家律所时已经冒了一次险 |
[20:19] | It’s time I took a risk… for you. | 这次换我替你承担风险吧 |
[20:27] | God damn it, Ellen, there’s got to be something you’d– | 艾伦 总有一些你… |
[20:33] | Well, in that case, go to hell. | 如果是这样的话 你见鬼去吧 |
[20:37] | Well, how much? | 多少钱 |
[20:39] | What’s the bastard’s price? | 那个混蛋要多少钱 |
[20:41] | There is no price, Robert. | 罗伯特 他没有出价 |
[20:42] | He said no amount of money or clients | 他说不管多少钱或客户 |
[20:44] | would make up for seeing his firm get torn apart. | 都不能弥补他看着自己律所分崩离析的痛 |
[20:46] | But what about Ellen? You try horse trading with her? | 艾伦那呢 你和她谈过吗 |
[20:48] | I did, and I struck out there too. | 谈了 也行不通 |
[20:50] | God damn it, Samantha! I got Daniel to agree! | 该死的 萨曼莎 我说服丹尼尔了 |
[20:54] | He thought I came up with Rand Kaldor on the fly, | 他以为我百忙中说服了兰德·考德律所 |
[20:56] | and I sold it to him. | 然后又说服他接受这个安排 |
[20:57] | What do you want me to say? | 那你想让我说什么 |
[20:58] | I want you to tell me exactly what happened. | 我想让你告诉我到底发生了什么 |
[21:01] | Because Eric Kaldor and Ellen Rand | 因为艾瑞克·考徳和艾伦·兰德 |
[21:03] | are two of the greediest people I know. | 是我认识的最贪心的两个人 |
[21:04] | So if you’re trying to tell me | 所以如果你要告诉我 |
[21:05] | that they’re standing on principle, | 他们是在坚持原则 |
[21:06] | I’m calling bullshit! | 简直就是在胡扯 |
[21:08] | And it’s pretty clear what happened. | 而且事态也很清楚了 |
[21:09] | Eric tried to force something down your throat, | 艾瑞克想逼你接受 |
[21:11] | and you let your pride get in the way–like always. | 但你却还是一如既往地没法纡尊降贵 |
[21:14] | Robert… I offered him | 罗伯特 我跟他说了 |
[21:17] | half your client list, | 把你一半的客户都给他 |
[21:19] | a dividend stream from your equity share, | 你名下股权的收益也分一份给他 |
[21:21] | a no-poaching commitment– | 保证不从他们那里挖墙角 |
[21:23] | And if the carrot doesn’t work, | 既然他软的不吃 |
[21:24] | you use the goddamn stick. | 那你就来硬的 |
[21:25] | And threaten him with what? | 用什么威胁他呢 |
[21:26] | We took half the firm from him. | 我们已经拿走他半个律所了 |
[21:27] | There is nothing left to take. | 他那儿也不剩什么能拿的东西了 |
[21:32] | I’m sorry, Robert. | 我很抱歉 罗伯特 |
[21:36] | I did everything I could. | 我尽力了 |
[21:37] | We’re gonna have to find another way. | 我们得另寻出路了 |
[21:40] | Gentlemen, you have five minutes to make your case. | 先生们 给你们五分钟的时间把事说了 |
[21:42] | You don’t, this will be the shortest lunch | 不说的话 这就是午餐史上 |
[21:44] | – in the history of lunches. – Then I’ll get to it. | -最短的午餐了 -那我就直说了 |
[21:46] | We offered Simon Lowe a settlement | 我们给西蒙·洛提供了一份和解协议 |
[21:49] | no reasonable CEO would refuse. | 没有一个理智的首席执行官会拒绝 |
[21:51] | So we want to see if cooler heads can prevail. | 所以我们想看看更理智的人能不能占上风 |
[21:55] | This isn’t about cooler heads. | 这不是理不理智的事 |
[21:57] | This is about driving a wedge between me and my CEO, | 这是在挑拨我和我老板之间的关系 |
[22:00] | – and that’s not gonna happen. – That’s the thing, Elaine. | -我不会同意的 -问题就在这 伊莲 |
[22:02] | There’s no need to drive a wedge, | 不必我们来挑拨 |
[22:03] | because it already exists. | 矛盾已经存在了 |
[22:05] | That is an email chain between me and Simon | 根据一年半之前 |
[22:08] | from 18 months ago. | 我和西蒙间的邮件往来 |
[22:10] | As you can see, he was looking | 你看得出 他是想 |
[22:11] | to relieve you of your duties as chairwoman. | 解除你主席的职务 |
[22:14] | I don’t know about you, | 我不知道你怎么想 |
[22:15] | but if someone did that to me at my firm, | 但如果有人在我的律所这样搞我 |
[22:16] | their ass would be on the sidewalk ten seconds later. | 我会马上让他们卷铺盖走人 |
[22:19] | And if this is true, | 如果这是真的 |
[22:20] | why didn’t you bring it to my attention then? | 你为什么那个时候不跟我提 |
[22:22] | Because unlike Simon, | 因为我不像西蒙 |
[22:23] | I’m loyal to the guy who writes my checks. | 我对发我工资的人还是很忠诚的 |
[22:26] | There’s no two ways about it, Elaine. | 没有回转的余地了 伊莲 |
[22:27] | Simon’s a threat to you. | 西蒙对你来说是个威胁 |
[22:28] | Daniel Hardman’s a threat to us. | 丹尼尔·哈德曼对我们是个威胁 |
[22:30] | Do you want to neutralize those threats, | 你是想消除这些威胁 |
[22:31] | or do you just want to sit there eating salad | 还是想坐在这里吃吃沙拉 |
[22:32] | while they neutralize you? | 然后被他们干掉呢 |
[22:38] | Gentlemen, I do believe I’ll bring this to the board | 两位 我会把这件事跟董事会提一提 |
[22:40] | and see if we can reach a deal. | 看我们能不能达成协议 |
[22:42] | Just so we’re clear, this settlement doesn’t close | 先说清楚 如果只解雇西蒙的话 |
[22:44] | if you only let Simon go. | 协议无效 |
[22:45] | Believe me, Mr. Specter, | 相信我 斯佩克特先生 |
[22:47] | when the board hears about all of this, | 当董事会听完整件事后 |
[22:48] | you won’t have to worry about Simon | 不管是西蒙还是丹尼尔·哈德曼 |
[22:50] | or Daniel Hardman ever again. | 你都不用再担心了 |
[22:53] | Robert! | 罗伯特 |
[22:55] | Long time, no chat. | 好久没跟你聊过了 |
[22:58] | To be honest, I wasn’t sure they were gonna let me in. | 说实话 我刚刚还不确定他们会让我进来 |
[23:02] | So I take it this means you’re accepting my offer. | 所以我就当你是要接受我的条件了 |
[23:06] | Well…I don’t accept opening bids, | 我不接受开标 |
[23:10] | but if you want to tell me what you need– | 但如果你想告诉我你需要什么 |
[23:12] | God damn it. She didn’t tell you, did she? | 该死的 她没告诉你 对不对 |
[23:14] | – Eric– – No, don’t. | -艾瑞克 -不 别 |
[23:16] | We worked together 20 years, all right? | 我们共事二十年了 |
[23:17] | I know when you’re stalling. | 我知道你是不是在拖延时间 |
[23:19] | Samantha didn’t tell you, and now you’re covering for her | 萨曼莎没有告诉你 你现在在帮她打掩护 |
[23:22] | like you always do. | 一如既往 |
[23:24] | All right, she didn’t. | 好吧 她没说 |
[23:26] | So, what, you want to mock me, | 所以呢 你是想嘲笑我 |
[23:28] | or you want to tell me what it’s gonna take? | 还是要告诉我条件是什么 |
[23:30] | It’s simple, really. | 很简单 真的 |
[23:33] | Daniel Hardman’s name for yours. | 丹尼尔·哈德曼的名字要用你的来换 |
[23:35] | – Excuse me? – I said you retire, | -你说什么 -我说如果你退休 |
[23:38] | I take Daniel on as a partner, | 我就接受丹尼尔做合伙人 |
[23:39] | and that is take it or leave it. | 就这样 没得谈 |
[23:44] | All right. | 好吧 |
[23:46] | Let’s get to it. | 那让我们说清楚 |
[23:48] | What the fuck is your problem with me? | 你他妈跟我有什么过不去的 |
[23:49] | – My problem? – Yeah. | -我跟你过不去 -对 |
[23:50] | Why’d you take my firm from me? | 你为什么要抢走我的律所 |
[23:52] | See, that–that right there! That’s my problem. | 瞧见没 就是这个 这就是问题所在 |
[23:56] | All we ever heard is that it was your firm, | 我们听到的 一直都是这是你的律所 |
[23:57] | your name, your reputation. | 你的大名 你的声誉 |
[23:59] | You know, we had a little something | 但这些 我们其实 |
[24:00] | to do with it as well. | 也都有份的 |
[24:01] | You think I didn’t know that? | 你觉得我不知道吗 |
[24:03] | You think I never gave you credit? | 你觉得我没有念过你的功劳吗 |
[24:05] | I think you never let us forget | 我觉得你是从来不会让我们忘记 |
[24:06] | that it was you that got our names on the wall. | 是你一手把我们的名字提拔上墙的 |
[24:08] | I did put your names on the wall! | 确实是我把你们提上来的 |
[24:11] | And maybe if you were a little more focused on the big picture | 如果你能更有大局观一点 |
[24:13] | than getting a pat on your back– | 而不是整天求表扬 |
[24:14] | Well, you never had a problem giving a pat on the back | 但你对你的得意弟子 |
[24:16] | – to your little protégé. – Don’t you talk about her. | -可是从来都不吝啬鼓励啊 -你还敢提她 |
[24:18] | We would have never gotten this place | 如果不是萨曼莎 |
[24:19] | – if it wasn’t for Samantha. – So you always say. | -我们都不会有今天 -又是这一套 |
[24:22] | Although you never quite say how. | 但你从来都不解释清楚 |
[24:24] | But if I had to venture a guess– | 要我猜的话 应该是… |
[24:25] | Not another word, Eric. | 废话少说 艾瑞克 |
[24:27] | If that’s how you really feel about me, | 如果你真这样想我 |
[24:29] | the answer is no! | 我不接受你的条件 |
[24:31] | I’ll take my chances with my friend! | 我愿意和我的朋友再赌一把 |
[24:33] | If you’re talking about Ellen, Ellen’s not your friend. | 如果你想去找艾伦 艾伦也不是你的朋友 |
[24:37] | I’m talking about Daniel Hardman. | 我说的是丹尼尔·哈德曼 |
[24:39] | Mark my words, we’ll come to some accommodation, | 记住我的话 我们肯定能达成和解 |
[24:41] | and then you and Ellen Rand can kiss my black ass. | 到时候你和艾伦就等着吃屎吧 |
[24:51] | Well, I don’t know about you, | 我不知道你们 |
[24:52] | but I think we’ve earned a drink. | 但我觉得我们该喝一杯庆祝一下 |
[24:54] | Well, I’d pour you one, Louis, | 我可以给你倒一杯 路易 |
[24:55] | but I’m fresh out of Peachtree Schnapps. | 但我才刚喝完水蜜桃利口酒 |
[24:57] | All right, enough messing around. | 好了 闹够了 |
[24:58] | What’s the big news? | 有什么重大消息 |
[25:00] | We got the suit dismissed, | 他们撤销了对我们的起诉 |
[25:01] | and Daniel Hardman is out of the picture. | 丹尼尔·哈德曼也出局了 |
[25:03] | – Louis, that’s great news. – I just wish I could see | -路易 太棒了 -真想看看 |
[25:06] | the look on his face when he finds out | 他发现还是我们赢了的时候 |
[25:07] | – we got the better of him. – I hate to break it to you, | -他脸上是什么表情 -我也不想说 |
[25:09] | but you didn’t get the better of anybody. | 但你没有赢 |
[25:11] | Robert, what are you doing here? | 罗伯特 你怎么来了 |
[25:12] | More importantly, what are you talking about? | 更重要的是 你在说什么 |
[25:13] | I knew what you were up against, | 我知道你们在斗什么 |
[25:15] | so I went to Daniel as a friend | 所以我以朋友的身份去找了丹尼尔 |
[25:16] | – and offered him a deal. – What kind of deal? | -给他开了个条件 -什么条件 |
[25:18] | I know what kind of deal, because there’s only one thing | 我知道什么条件 因为只有一件事 |
[25:20] | that son of a bitch would trade taking me down for, | 能让那个混蛋放弃扳倒我 |
[25:23] | and he told me what it is: his name on our wall. | 他告诉过我 就是他来做我们的冠名合伙人 |
[25:25] | And I would never give him that. | 我绝对不会同意 |
[25:27] | It doesn’t matter now, because… | 现在这已经不要紧了 因为 |
[25:29] | when Daniel heard that Simon got fired, | 丹尼尔听见西蒙被解雇了之后 |
[25:31] | he thought I was playing him, and he pulled the trigger | 他以为我在耍他 所以他现在要 |
[25:33] | on an ethics hearing. | 送你去职业操守听证会 |
[25:35] | What the shit did you just say? | 你刚刚说了什么 |
[25:38] | They set the date, Louis. | 他们定了日期 路易 |
[25:40] | When? | 什么时候 |
[25:42] | – Harvey, before– – When, Alex? | -哈维 在你 -什么时候 亚历克斯 |
[25:44] | This says the hearing’s tomorrow. | 上面说听证会是明天 |
[25:46] | They’re summoning you, me, Simon, Thomas, and Donna. | 他们传唤了你我 西蒙 托马斯和唐娜 |
[25:49] | Which means we have less than 24 hours to get our story straight, | 意味着我们还有不到24小时统一口径 |
[25:51] | convince Thomas to corroborate it, | 说服托马斯合作 |
[25:53] | and get Donna the fuck out of town. | 并让唐娜出城 |
[25:55] | It’s not gonna work, Louis. | 没用的 路易 |
[25:56] | Leave me alone, all of you. | 让我静静 你们都走开 |
[25:57] | – I need time to think. – Harvey– | -我需要时间来思考 -哈维 |
[25:59] | I don’t want to talk about it, Robert. | 我不想谈 罗伯特 |
[26:01] | You know, I don’t care if one day, | 我不在乎如果有一天 |
[26:03] | they get me on any of the other shit that I’ve done, | 他们抓住了我的其它什么把柄 |
[26:06] | but to go down for this? | 但因为这个栽了 |
[26:08] | To go down to him? | 栽在他手里 |
[26:09] | – Harvey, we can still– – No, we can’t! | -哈维 我们还能 -不 不行 |
[26:11] | Look, he’s got me dead to rights. | 听着 他已经把我逼到绝路了 |
[26:12] | Mike was dead to rights. Look what happened to him. | 迈克当时不也是 你看他的结果 |
[26:14] | This isn’t a jury. It’s a fucking ethics board. | 这不是陪审团 是职业操守听证会 |
[26:17] | And I did exactly what he said I did. | 而且我做了他所说的那些事 |
[26:19] | – Harvey– – Motherfucker! | -哈维 -他妈的 |
[26:26] | I said leave me alone. | 我说了让我一个人待会 |
[26:47] | I know I’m interrupting, but can I come in? | 我知道我打扰你了 但我能进来吗 |
[26:50] | Why not? | 进来吧 |
[26:51] | Sitting by myself doesn’t seem to be getting me anywhere. | 一个人在这坐着也没让我想出什么方法 |
[26:55] | Well…maybe this will. | 也许这个可以 |
[26:59] | Technically… | 严格来说 |
[27:01] | You did not break privilege when you told Donna. | 你告诉唐娜的时候没有破坏保密协议 |
[27:03] | In other words, I could throw Donna under the bus. | 换言之 我可以让唐娜替我背锅 |
[27:07] | I know you won’t do it. | 我知道你不会这么做 |
[27:09] | But it had to be said. | 但我必须得讲出来 |
[27:12] | Then it’s been said. | 你已经讲出来了 |
[27:17] | What? | 怎么 |
[27:19] | If this were another firm, | 如果是在其他律所 |
[27:20] | she wouldn’t even still be working here. | 她早就卷铺盖走人了 |
[27:22] | You saying we should fire her? | 你是说我们该开了她 |
[27:25] | If you’re asking me as a name partner, | 如果你是问我作为冠名合伙人的想法 |
[27:26] | I would say yes. | 我会说是的 |
[27:28] | If you’re asking me as her friend, | 如果你是问我作为她朋友的想法 |
[27:30] | I would say… | 我会说 |
[27:32] | There’s no way in hell I am ever letting that woman go. | 我绝不可能让这个女人离开 |
[27:36] | Never thought in a million years | 没想到有生之年 |
[27:37] | something like that could come out of your mouth. | 还能听到你说这种话 |
[27:39] | Well, maybe this place is rubbing off on me. | 也许是这地方改变了我 |
[27:43] | You are all…crazy. | 你们都…太疯狂了 |
[27:47] | But… | 但是… |
[27:48] | maybe that’s what I love about it here. | 也许这就是我爱这里的原因 |
[28:01] | He’s gonna lose everything because of me. | 因为我 他要失去一切了 |
[28:04] | Donna…you never know how these hearings will go. | 唐娜… 你不知道听证会的走向会如何 |
[28:07] | You know… the worst part is, | 最糟糕的部分是 |
[28:10] | I don’t even know why I did it anymore. | 我都不知道我为什么要这么做 |
[28:13] | I didn’t sleep that night. I just lay there wondering, | 我那晚没有睡觉 躺着在想 |
[28:15] | “What if Harvey can’t get it done?” | “如果哈维做不到怎么办” |
[28:17] | And then I would tell myself, “Well, he always gets it done.” | 然后我又告诉自己”他总能有办法” |
[28:19] | And then it was morning, and I hadn’t heard from him, | 然后到了早上 我没收到他的消息 |
[28:22] | and Thomas’ business was at stake, and I just– | 托马斯的公司又命悬一线 我就 |
[28:23] | Donna, you told him because you love him. | 唐娜 你告诉他因为你爱他 |
[28:26] | Love him? | 爱他 |
[28:28] | We just started seeing each other. | 我们才刚开始约会 |
[28:30] | I’m not talking about Thomas. | 我不是说托马斯 |
[28:34] | Third year of law school. | 法学院三年级时 |
[28:36] | Rosalie went behind my back | 罗莎莉和我合作公益诉讼 |
[28:37] | about a pro bono we were doing. | 但她背着我做了决定 |
[28:39] | We got in a huge fight, and it broke us up, | 我们大吵了一架 还分手了 |
[28:41] | ’cause I thought she betrayed me, | 因为我觉得她背叛了我 |
[28:42] | and she thought I thought I was a better lawyer. | 她觉得我以为自己更优秀 |
[28:45] | But she didn’t betray me, and I didn’t think I was better. | 但她没有背叛我 我也不觉得自己更好 |
[28:48] | And none of that had anything to do with it anyway. | 而且这一切都不是原因 |
[28:51] | What does this have to do with me? | 这跟我有什么关系 |
[28:53] | I was afraid of committing. | 我害怕负责 |
[28:56] | Deep down, she knew it, so she closed the window. | 内心深处她也知道 所以她关上了窗 |
[28:59] | And it made me realize | 这让我意识到 |
[29:00] | I didn’t like being on the other side of the glass. | 我不想在窗的另一侧 |
[29:03] | I didn’t do what I did to make Harvey realize anything. | 我做那些不是想让哈维意识到什么 |
[29:07] | Neither did Rosalie. | 罗莎莉也是 |
[29:08] | She did it so she could move on. | 她这么做是为了能开始新的生活 |
[29:15] | Thomas, I appreciate you seeing me on such short notice. | 托马斯 感谢你能这么快见我 |
[29:17] | You said it was about Donna, | 你说事关唐娜 |
[29:18] | so of course I’ll see you. | 我当然会见你 |
[29:20] | – What’s going on? – It’s simple. | -怎么了 -很简单 |
[29:23] | Donna was the one who told you about Simon… | 是唐娜告诉你西蒙的事 |
[29:26] | but I want you to say it was me. | 但我希望你说是我 |
[29:28] | You want me to lie. | 你想让我撒谎 |
[29:30] | Look, I know you’re a man of your word, | 听着 我知道你是言而有信之人 |
[29:33] | but she risked all this because she knows | 但她冒这个险是因为她知道 |
[29:34] | how much your business means to you. | 你的公司对你来说有多重要 |
[29:36] | Well, she worked her entire life | 她辛勤工作一辈子 |
[29:39] | to get to where she is, and the truth comes out, | 才爬到现在的位置 如果你说出真相 |
[29:41] | she’ll be barred from working in a law firm for the rest of her life. | 她下半辈子就没法再在律所工作了 |
[29:45] | What am I not seeing here, Harvey? | 我漏了什么 哈维 |
[29:47] | How does all this protect you? | 这对你有什么好处 |
[29:49] | It doesn’t. | 没有 |
[29:50] | I just don’t see why she has to stand | 我只是觉得她不应该 |
[29:52] | in front of that firing squad too. | 也站在这些侩子手面前 |
[29:55] | All I’m asking you to do | 我只想让你 |
[29:57] | is protect her… | 保护她… |
[29:59] | like she protected you. | 就像她之前保护你一样 |
[30:04] | Oh, no, no, no. | 不 不 不 |
[30:05] | You were the first one to take an offer. | 你是最先被雇佣的那个 |
[30:08] | Yeah, but then you went to another firm. | 是啊 但你后来去了别的律所 |
[30:10] | Because back then, | 因为那时 |
[30:11] | they weren’t gonna hire a man like me, | 他们不会雇佣我这种人 |
[30:13] | no matter what school I went to. | 不管我上了什么学校 |
[30:15] | I could have got you in. | 我能让你进去 |
[30:16] | They hired Jessica. | 他们雇佣了杰西卡 |
[30:18] | Years later. I couldn’t wait for that. | 那得好多年后了 我等不了那么久 |
[30:21] | I still think we would have made a great firm. | 我还是觉得咱俩能办个好律所 |
[30:24] | Zane Hardman. | 赞恩·哈德曼律所 |
[30:25] | Wait, why is your name first? | 等等 为什么你的名字在前面 |
[30:27] | You let Jessica go first. | 你让杰西卡排前面了 |
[30:28] | You let Rand and Kaldor. | 你还让兰德和考德排前面了 |
[30:31] | Yeah, you’re right. | 嗯 你说得对 |
[30:32] | I don’t have to go first. I know where I stand. | 我不需要排前面 我知道自己的位置 |
[30:34] | Go ahead, take it. Hardman Zane. | 来吧 哈德曼·赞恩律所 |
[30:36] | No. I don’t want it now. | 不 我现在不想要了 |
[30:39] | Excuse me a moment, Daniel. | 失陪一下 丹尼尔 |
[30:46] | Cameron? | 卡梅隆 |
[30:48] | Robert, I have some news, | 罗伯特 我有些消息 |
[30:50] | and I thought I owed it to you to call. | 我想我欠你一个电话 |
[31:05] | Please don’t tell her. | 请别告诉她 |
[31:10] | Robert, whatever it is, | 罗伯特 不管什么事 |
[31:11] | – I have to testify this morning. – I know. | -我今早还要出庭作证 -我知道 |
[31:15] | Then what is it? | 那是什么事 |
[31:17] | Remember when I said I couldn’t make up for what I did? | 还记得我说我没法弥补自己的过错吗 |
[31:20] | I think I can. | 现在我觉得可以了 |
[31:21] | But I’m gonna need your help, | 但我需要你的帮助 |
[31:22] | and you might not like what I need it for. | 而且你也许不会喜欢我要让你帮的忙 |
[31:26] | Well, I know what it’s like | 我知道 |
[31:26] | to live with a weight on your shoulders. | 肩负重担生活是什么感觉 |
[31:29] | And if I can help you take it off, | 如果你想让我帮你卸下重担 |
[31:31] | why don’t you go ahead and tell me what you need? | 为什么不直接告诉我你需要什么呢 |
[31:38] | – Thomas. – Can I come in? | -托马斯 -我能进来吗 |
[31:40] | Of course. | 当然 |
[31:42] | I was just getting ready for this morning. | 我刚刚才为今天早上准备好 |
[31:43] | I know. That’s what I wanted to talk about. | 我知道 我来正是为了说这件事的 |
[31:47] | Look, if this is about Louis coming to see you, | 听着 如果你来是因为路易去找了你 |
[31:50] | if I had known he was gonna do that– | 要是我知道他会这么做的话 |
[31:52] | It’s not about Louis coming to me. | 这跟路易来找我无关 |
[31:53] | It’s, it’s about Harvey Specter coming to me. | 哈维·斯佩克特来找我了 |
[31:56] | – Harvey came to you? – Last night. | -哈维去见你了 -昨晚 |
[31:59] | – What did he say? – Well, he pretty much said | -他说什么了 -他大概的意思就是 |
[32:01] | that he was about to lay himself down on the train tracks for you, | 为了你他愿意葬生铁轨之下 |
[32:03] | and he wanted me to help tie him down. | 他想让我负责来把他绑住 |
[32:08] | Well… I-I don’t know | 我不知道 |
[32:10] | exactly what that means– | 你这话到底什么意思 |
[32:11] | Who are you to him? | 你对他来说意味着什么 |
[32:16] | I don’t know how to answer that. | 我不知道该怎么回答你这个问题 |
[32:17] | I got it when Louis came to me. | 路易来找我的时候我就明白了 |
[32:20] | This comes out, it hurts his firm. | 这件事一出来 律所会有损失 |
[32:21] | It hurts his partner. | 他的合伙人也会有损失 |
[32:22] | He wouldn’t want to see that happen. | 他不想看着这样的情况发生 |
[32:23] | But then Harvey came to me, and… | 然后哈维来找我了 而且… |
[32:27] | all he seemed to care about is you. | 他似乎在乎的只有你 |
[32:29] | So if you can’t tell me who you are to him, maybe… | 所以如果你不能告诉我 你在他心中的地位 |
[32:33] | you can tell me who he is to you. | 也许你可以说说 他对你来说意味着什么 |
[32:37] | I don’t know who he is, Thomas. | 我不知道他是我什么人 托马斯 |
[32:42] | I just know that he’s somebody | 我只知道他是某些 |
[32:43] | that I can’t seem to figure out how to cut out of me. | 我无法割舍的人 |
[32:48] | But I want to. | 但我想割舍的 |
[32:52] | And I have wanted to, and apparently, I tried to | 我想过 很明显 我也试过 |
[32:54] | when I told you what was going on. | 当我告诉你发生的一切的时候 |
[32:58] | But the truth is, I don’t know | 但事实是 我不知道 |
[33:00] | if I’ll ever be able to. | 我究竟能不能做到 |
[33:08] | Thomas Kessler shook my hand and said yes to a deal. | 托马斯·凯斯勒跟我握了手并且同意交易 |
[33:11] | He had no reason in the world to back out | 他根本没理由退出 |
[33:13] | until Harvey Specter gave him one. | 直到哈维·斯佩克特给了他一个理由 |
[33:16] | When you confronted him with this allegation, | 当他面对你这个指控的时候 |
[33:17] | what did he do? | 他是怎么做的 |
[33:19] | He paid off my board and got me fired. | 他贿赂了我的董事会然后被我解雇了 |
[33:21] | It wasn’t a payoff. | 那并不是什么贿赂 |
[33:22] | It was a settlement that we offered you first. | 这是我们一开始提出的和解办法 |
[33:24] | Along with a fabricated explanation | 还有一份捏造的解释 |
[33:25] | about Kessler finding out due to a clerical error. | 声称凯斯勒发现是因为笔误 |
[33:28] | The contents of that offer are not admissible here. | 那份合约的内容在此不予受理 |
[33:30] | In other words, you’re preparing to change your story? | 也就是说 你准备改变你的故事了吗 |
[33:34] | As far as I’m concerned, | 就我认为 |
[33:35] | it’s time to get to the main course. | 是时候上主菜了 |
[33:37] | I call Harvey Specter. | 传唤哈维·斯佩克特 |
[33:40] | Where is she? | 她在哪里 |
[33:42] | She said she didn’t care if she was summoned or not. | 她说她不在乎自己是否被传唤 |
[33:43] | She couldn’t watch. | 她不忍心看 |
[33:45] | What are you gonna do? | 你准备怎么办 |
[33:47] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[33:49] | Shortly after Simon Lowe told you | 在西蒙·洛告诉你 |
[33:50] | he was using Thomas Kessler as a pawn, | 他在利用托马斯·凯斯勒当幌子后不久 |
[33:52] | Kessler pulled out of their deal. | 凯斯勒退出了交易 |
[33:54] | – Why was that? – If you’re asking | -为什么 -如果你问的是 |
[33:56] | if I told him about my client’s plans, I didn’t. | 我有没有告诉他我客户的计划 那我没有 |
[33:59] | – Then how did he find out? – I don’t know. | -那他是怎么发现的 -我不知道 |
[34:01] | Maybe Restoration clued him in. | 也许维新公司跟他透露过 |
[34:03] | Maybe he overheard someone at dinner. | 也许他在吃晚饭的时候不小心听到的 |
[34:04] | Or maybe it was the clerical error nonsense | 或者有可能是你之前扯的 |
[34:07] | – you tried to pull before. – What’s nonsense is, | -什么笔误问题 -真正胡扯的是 |
[34:09] | I did not share my client’s privileged information | 我根本没有向另一个客户 |
[34:12] | with another client, yet… | 透露我客户的保密信息 以及… |
[34:14] | he brought this complaint anyway, | 反正这个诉讼也是他提起的 |
[34:16] | and he did it because he knew Pierpont Malls | 他这么做 是因为他知道皮尔庞特商场 |
[34:18] | was about to drop their suit against my firm | 准备放弃起诉我们的律所 |
[34:21] | because it had no merit. | 因为他们没有证据 |
[34:22] | They dropped it because you paid them to. | 他们放弃是因为你花钱让他们放弃的 |
[34:24] | Mr. Specter, Mr. Hardman has a point. | 斯佩克特先生 哈德曼先生提到了重点 |
[34:26] | I find it hard to believe that Thomas Kessler | 我发现很难相信 |
[34:27] | wasn’t informed by your office, | 你没有通知托马斯·凯斯勒 |
[34:29] | so I ask you… do you stand by your answer? | 所以我问你…你坚持你的回答吗 |
[34:32] | I stand by the fact that he has to prove what I did. | 我坚持认为 是他需要证明我做了什么 |
[34:35] | I don’t have to prove what I didn’t. | 而我不必证明我没做什么 |
[34:37] | Then I say it’s time we ask someone else. | 那就应该问问其他人了 |
[34:41] | Mr. Williams, did you or did you not | 威廉姆斯先生 你有还是没有 |
[34:45] | inform Thomas Kessler that his firm was being used | 通知了托马斯·凯斯勒 他的公司 |
[34:47] | as a stalking horse? | 被用来打掩护了 |
[34:49] | No, I did not. | 不 我没有 |
[34:51] | Then is it true | 那凯斯勒先生知道自己被利用 |
[34:52] | Mr. Kessler knew he was being used? | 这一情况是否属实 |
[34:54] | I can’t speak to what my client did or didn’t know. | 我不能说我的客户知道或不知道什么 |
[34:56] | Then let’s talk about what you knew. | 那就让我们来谈谈你知道些什么 |
[34:58] | You got his original landlord | 你让他原来的房东 |
[34:59] | to make him a better offer, did you not? | 给他开出了更好的条件 是吗 |
[35:01] | Yes, I did. And there’s nothing wrong with using | 是的 用皮尔庞特的条件来为我的客户 |
[35:03] | Pierpont’s offer to get a better deal for my client. | 争取到更好的条件并没有什么错 |
[35:05] | It’s what they were doing to us. | 他们也是这么对我们的 |
[35:06] | Yes, but the difference is, when he got the offer, | 是的 但区别在于 当他拿到条件的时候 |
[35:08] | he turned it down. Why would he do that? | 他拒绝了 他为什么要这么做 |
[35:12] | – Because… – Because… | -因为… -因为… |
[35:14] | what? | 什么 |
[35:15] | Why would a man turn down a better offer | 为什么一个人会拒绝更好的条件 |
[35:16] | and then take out an ad in the “Journal” | 然后在《华尔街日报》上登了个广告 |
[35:19] | pronouncing the value of integrity over profits? | 说什么诚信的价值高于利润 |
[35:22] | It’s because he knew | 这是因为他知道 |
[35:24] | what Simon Lowe was doing, and you knew he knew. | 西蒙·洛在干什么 你也知道他知道 |
[35:26] | And I remind you, I will call Thomas Kessler, | 我提醒你 我会传唤托马斯·凯斯勒的 |
[35:28] | and he will tell me the truth, | 他会告诉我真相 |
[35:29] | because he is a man of integrity. | 因为他是一个诚信的人 |
[35:32] | All right. I knew. | 好吧 我确实知道 |
[35:34] | And I told my client, which was my obligation. | 我告诉了我的客户 这是职责所在 |
[35:37] | Finally. You knew… | 终于 你知道… |
[35:38] | because Harvey Specter told you. | 是因为哈维·斯佩克特告诉了你 |
[35:41] | No. I knew because Robert Zane told me. | 不 我知道是因为罗伯特·赞恩告诉了我 |
[35:44] | – What? – The hell I didn’t. | -什么 -我才没有 |
[35:45] | I’m sorry, Robert. I can’t cover for you anymore. | 抱歉 罗伯特 我瞒不住了 |
[35:47] | You’re not covering anything. | 你什么也没隐瞒 |
[35:48] | I had no reason to break privilege. | 我没有理由违反保密协议 |
[35:49] | Yes, you did. | 你当然有 |
[35:50] | You saw a way to get back at Harvey Specter and Louis Litt | 你想到了办法来报复哈维·斯佩克特和 |
[35:52] | for taking you down as managing partner. | 路易·利特把你拉下台这件事 |
[35:54] | You knew if you broke privilege, | 你知道如果你违反了保密协议 |
[35:55] | he would take a hit and you would take the firm back. | 他会背锅 你就能拿回律所 |
[35:57] | Mr. Chairman, that is a fabrication. | 主席先生 这些都是假的 |
[35:59] | This is obviously a hit job on an innocent man. | 这显然是故意针对了一个无辜的人 |
[36:01] | If he’s so innocent, | 如果他真的无辜 |
[36:02] | then why do I have an email from Robert Zane | 那我为什么会有罗伯特·赞恩 |
[36:04] | informing me of Simon Lowe’s duplicity? | 通知我西蒙·洛表里不一的邮件 |
[36:06] | – What? You’re in on this? – Mr. Zane. | -什么 这件事你也有份 -赞恩先生 |
[36:11] | Is this true? | 他所言是否属实 |
[36:16] | It is. | 是的 |
[36:18] | I can’t hide it anymore. | 我瞒不住了 |
[36:20] | Oh, no. | 不是吧 |
[36:22] | They orchestrated this whole thing. | 他们策划了这件事 |
[36:24] | Ask Kessler. | 你问凯斯勒 |
[36:26] | Mr. Kessler, who was it, Robert Zane | 凯斯勒先生 到底是谁 是罗伯特·赞恩 |
[36:27] | or Harvey Specter? | 还是哈维·斯佩克特 |
[36:34] | All I know is that Alex Williams | 我只知道是亚历克斯·威廉姆斯 |
[36:36] | informed me of Pierpont’s plan. | 告诉我皮尔庞特的计划 |
[36:38] | I can’t speak to who told him. | 我说不准是谁告诉他的 |
[36:40] | No. Travis Tanner admitted | 不 特拉维斯·坦纳承认了 |
[36:42] | Harvey called him the night before. | 哈维前一天晚上给他打过电话 |
[36:44] | Then why isn’t he here? | 那他为什么没来 |
[36:45] | Obviously because he got to him! | 很明显是他跟他串通好了 |
[36:48] | Robert, as this is a disbarrable offense, | 罗伯特 这是足以吊销执照的指控 |
[36:51] | I ask you again, under oath, | 所以我再问你一遍 你发誓要说实话 |
[36:53] | is this email real? | 这封邮件是真的吗 |
[36:55] | Did you do this? | 这是你干的吗 |
[37:03] | I did. | 是我 |
[37:06] | Then do you have anything to say in your defense? | 那你有什么要为自己辩护的吗 |
[37:10] | Only that I did what I felt | 我只能说 当时我做了 |
[37:12] | was right at the time. | 自以为正确的事 |
[37:14] | I didn’t regret it then. | 那时我并不后悔 |
[37:17] | But I do now. | 但我现在后悔 |
[37:20] | Robert, why are you doing this? | 罗伯特 你为什么要这么做 |
[37:25] | I’m making up for what I did wrong. | 我在弥补我犯的错 |
[37:28] | Well, I’m sorry to say, but that’s not enough. | 很遗憾 那样弥补还不够 |
[37:31] | You hereby forfeit your license to practice law. | 你因此失去了律师执照 |
[37:35] | This matter’s now closed. | 此事了结 |
[37:50] | How could you do it? | 你怎么能这么做 |
[37:52] | – Samantha. – You’ve been working | -萨曼莎 -你努力了一辈子 |
[37:53] | your whole life for this. | 才爬到这个位置 |
[37:53] | How could you just throw it away? | 你怎么能就这样放弃一切 |
[37:55] | I didn’t throw it away. | 我没有放弃一切 |
[37:56] | That’s what I need you to understand. | 我需要你明白这点 |
[37:57] | Well, I don’t understand it. | 那我真是不理解 |
[37:59] | How could you take the fall for something you didn’t do? | 你怎么能为你没做的事情背黑锅呢 |
[38:02] | How could you do that to me? | 你怎么能这样对我 |
[38:03] | Because I did something else, | 因为我做过一件事 |
[38:04] | and I can’t live with it anymore. | 我没法再背负愧疚了 |
[38:05] | What are you talking about? | 你说什么呢 |
[38:08] | That man that attacked you… | 之前那个袭击你的人 |
[38:10] | the one that we put away– | 被我们关进监狱的那个人 |
[38:11] | That’s why you did this? | 就因为这个吗 |
[38:14] | Robert, he got what he deserved. | 罗伯特 他罪有应得 |
[38:16] | He was killed, Samantha, | 萨曼莎 他死了 |
[38:19] | murdered in his own cell. | 在自己的囚室里被杀了 |
[38:21] | And it’s my fault. | 而这是我的错 |
[38:24] | Now, he may have been a piece of shit, | 可以说他曾是个混账东西 |
[38:25] | but he was someone’s son, | 但他也有父母 |
[38:26] | and he wouldn’t have been in there if it weren’t for me. | 而如果不是因为我 他原本不会进监狱 |
[38:30] | Why didn’t you tell me? | 你怎么没告诉我 |
[38:31] | Because it wasn’t your burden to bear. | 因为那不是该由你担负的责任 |
[38:33] | But I am telling you now | 但我现在告诉你这件事 |
[38:35] | because I need you to understand. | 是因为我需要你理解 |
[38:40] | This is redemption for me. | 这对我来说是救赎 |
[38:44] | What am I gonna do without you? | 没了你我该怎么办 |
[38:46] | You’ve got your name on the wall. | 你已经是冠名合伙人了 |
[38:47] | You don’t need me anymore. | 你不再需要我了 |
[38:50] | The truth is… | 事实上… |
[38:54] | you haven’t needed me for a long time. | 你已经不需要我很久了 |
[39:05] | I don’t want to be alone. | 我不想独自一人 |
[39:07] | You’re not gonna be alone here. | 你在这里不会独自一人 |
[39:10] | You’ve got… Louis and Donna and Alex. | 你有路易 唐娜 还有亚历克斯 |
[39:14] | It’s not the same thing. | 那不一样 |
[39:15] | Ha-ha. You want to talk the same? | 你也想这么说吗 |
[39:16] | I’ve seen you and Harvey together. | 我见过你和哈维共事 |
[39:19] | You’re peas in a pod. | 你俩简直是一个模子出来的 |
[39:22] | Go to him. Seek him out. | 去找他 跟他谈谈 |
[39:26] | And who knows? Over time, | 谁知道呢 久而久之 |
[39:28] | you might even… | 你可能甚至会… |
[39:32] | Might even what? | 甚至会什么 |
[39:36] | Nothing. | 没什么 |
[39:41] | Now come over here and give an old man a hug. | 来抱抱我这老家伙吧 |
[39:57] | You looking for him too? | 你也在找他吗 |
[40:02] | I went to call Donna after the hearing. | 听证会过后我给唐娜打了电话 |
[40:04] | She didn’t answer, but when I came back, | 她没接 但是我回来的时候 |
[40:07] | all you guys were gone. | 你们全都走了 |
[40:09] | There wasn’t really a reason to stay. | 其实也没什么留下的理由 |
[40:13] | Alex, if you’d have told me you were gonna do that– | 亚历克斯 如果你事先告诉我你要这样 |
[40:16] | That’s why Robert wouldn’t let me tell you. | 所以罗伯特才不让我告诉你 |
[40:20] | I know I need to thank him… | 我知道我要感谢他 |
[40:21] | – But you need to know why. – Yeah. | -但是你得知道背后原因 -对 |
[40:25] | – I do. – Because, Harvey, | -没错 -因为 哈维 |
[40:26] | sometimes people are carrying around a burden | 有些人心里一直背负着包袱 |
[40:28] | they need to put down that has nothing to do with you. | 他们需要放下 而那一切与你无关 |
[40:32] | What burden? | 是什么包袱 |
[40:33] | None of your goddamn business. | 和你没有半毛钱关系 |
[40:35] | Stop moping around my office. | 别在我办公室转悠了 |
[40:37] | I’m retired. | 我只是退休了 |
[40:38] | I’m not dead. | 又不是死了 |
[40:40] | And, Harvey… | 而且 哈维 |
[40:42] | I knew what I was doing. | 我干什么自己心里有数 |
[40:45] | I’m good with it. | 我很舒坦 |
[40:48] | Well, then if it’s all right with you, | 那既然你不介意此事 |
[40:50] | what do you say, to celebrate your retirement, | 你觉得我们出去庆祝你光荣退休怎么样 |
[40:52] | I finally take you out for that burger? | 我终于可以和你出去吃那顿汉堡了 |
[40:55] | You got it. | 说定了 |
[40:57] | But not tonight. | 但是今晚不行 |
[40:59] | Something like this happens, | 发生这种事情 |
[41:00] | makes you know what’s really important. | 会让人明白真正重要的是什么 |
[41:04] | And for me, it’s Laura. | 对我来说 真正重要的是劳拉 |
[41:11] | You sure you don’t want to tell me what that burden was? | 你确定不要告诉我 你的包袱是什么吗 |
[41:14] | Isn’t it enough I saved your sorry ass? | 我救了你还不够吗 |
[41:17] | And by the way, most people get a gold watch. | 还有 背黑锅的人大多都拿个金表当补偿 |
[41:20] | I get a goddamn burger. | 我只能被请吃个汉堡 |
[41:24] | Why you gotta push it? | 你干嘛追问 |
[41:26] | Now we gotta get him a watch. | 现在我们还得给他买个金表 |
[41:31] | You want to get a burger? | 你想一起吃汉堡吗 |
[41:33] | Sorry, Harvey. | 抱歉 哈维 |
[41:35] | Robert’s right. | 罗伯特说得对 |
[41:36] | I need to get home to the woman I love. | 我得回家去见我爱的女人了 |
[41:51] | Shouldn’t you be out celebrating? | 你不应该在外面庆祝吗 |
[41:53] | You’d think so, but losing Robert | 按理说是这样 但是失去罗伯特 |
[41:55] | kind of takes the charm off the victory. | 使得胜利也没那么有意思了 |
[42:01] | Listen, Harvey, | 听着 哈维 |
[42:03] | I appreciate this, but… | 你的好意我心领了 但是… |
[42:06] | I don’t need you checking up on me. | 我不需要你过来安慰我 |
[42:08] | Where else do I have to be? | 那我还有什么地方可去呢 |
[42:14] | You know, I lost my mentor too. | 你知道 我也失去了我的导师 |
[42:17] | Jessica Pearson. | 杰西卡·皮尔逊 |
[42:19] | Robert used to talk about her all the time. | 罗伯特以前总是提到她 |
[42:22] | What was she like? | 她是什么样的人 |
[42:26] | Let’s just say she was to me what he is to you. | 这么说吧 她之于我就等于他之于你 |
[42:29] | It was hard losing her, but… | 与她告别很难 但是 |
[42:31] | it gets easier. | 会好起来的 |
[42:35] | He believed in me. | 他相信我 |
[42:38] | He was the only one | 他是唯一一个 |
[42:40] | who ever did that. | 那样做的人 |
[42:42] | The only one who saw who I was. | 唯一一个了解我的人 |
[42:45] | All my baggage, all my flaws. | 我所有的包袱与缺点 |
[42:48] | And he accepted you anyway. | 而他还是接受了你 |
[42:50] | He didn’t just accept me. | 他不仅是接受了我 |
[42:53] | He loved me. | 他爱我 |
[42:55] | Not easy to find someone like that in this world. | 在这世上 找到那样的人太不容易了 |
[42:59] | No, it’s not. | 确实是 |
[43:01] | I mean, what am I supposed to do when I have | 如果我取得了重大胜利或是遭遇惨败 |
[43:03] | a big victory or a terrible loss | 只想飞奔过去与一个人分享 |
[43:05] | and the only person I want to run and tell isn’t there? | 而那个人却不在 那时候我该怎么办 |
[43:09] | What am I supposed to do? | 我该怎么办 |
[43:13] | Samantha, I’m so sorry, but I have to go. | 萨曼莎 很抱歉 但我得走了 |
[43:15] | Where? | 去哪儿 |
[43:18] | I just have to. | 我有要事 |