时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:02] | Okay, people, listen up! | 好了 各位 听我说 |
[00:04] | A new attorney has joined us, Faye Richardson. | 一位新律师加入了我们 法耶·理查德森 |
[00:06] | If you want me gone, | 如果你们想让我走 |
[00:07] | there’s only one way to make that happen. | 只有一个办法 |
[00:09] | Convince me you people can be trusted to fly right. | 说服我你们能够行得正坐得端 |
[00:11] | I want you to find a loophole in the Bar’s bylaws | 我想让你在律师协会的章程里找到漏洞 |
[00:13] | that I can use to force them to remove her. | 好让我迫使他们让她离开 |
[00:16] | I come here and give you a chance to clean up your act, | 我来这给你们改过自新的机会 |
[00:18] | but I find out the managing partner wants me gone so badly, | 但我发现经营合伙人非常想让我离开 |
[00:21] | he ordered someone to hack the New York Bar! | 竟然找人入侵纽约律师协会的系统 |
[00:23] | Louis, you don’t understand. | 路易 你不明白 |
[00:24] | She knew before I even told her. | 我还没说她就都知道了 |
[00:25] | Bullshit! You are fired. | 胡扯 你被炒了 |
[00:27] | Louis, you had no right to ask him that. | 路易 你无权让他这么做 |
[00:29] | Right, Harvey? | 对不对 哈维 |
[00:31] | Right. | 对 |
[00:31] | You’re just agreeing with Donna | 你同意唐娜的话 |
[00:33] | because you don’t want her to be mad at you | 是因为你怕她生你的气 |
[00:34] | now that you’re in a relationship. | 因为你们在谈恋爱 |
[00:36] | You may be special master, but I’m managing partner. | 你也许是特别主事 但我是经营合伙人 |
[00:39] | That gives me certain rights– | 这就让我有权 |
[00:40] | You’re not managing partner anymore. | 你已经不再是经营合伙人了 |
[00:43] | Effective immediately. | 即刻生效 |
[00:45] | You’re stripped of your title | 你失去了头衔 |
[00:46] | and all the duties that go with it. | 以及该头衔相关的责任 |
[00:54] | Here, this might take the edge off. | 喝点吧 可能会好受一点 |
[00:57] | Okay, Sheila, I just got demoted. | 行了 希拉 我刚刚被降职了 |
[00:59] | It’s the worst thing that’s ever happened to me. | 我这辈子都没碰上过这么惨的事 |
[01:00] | How is a cup of rooibos going to take the edge off? | 一杯南非博士茶怎么就能让我好受一点 |
[01:05] | Just drink it. | 给我喝了 |
[01:12] | Good. | 很好 |
[01:13] | Now, I have to ask… | 现在 我得问问你 |
[01:15] | is this really the worst thing that’s ever happened to you? | 这真的是你这辈子碰上的最惨的事吗 |
[01:17] | Because as I recall, | 因为我还记得 |
[01:19] | you didn’t even want managing partner | 当初唐娜要你来当经营合伙人的时候 |
[01:20] | when Donna asked you to take it. | 你根本不想干 |
[01:22] | Because she asked me the night I found out | 因为她问我的那晚 |
[01:23] | you were pregnant. | 我知道你怀孕了 |
[01:25] | It was the only time in my entire life | 那是我这辈子唯一一次 |
[01:26] | I would’ve said I didn’t want the job. | 我会说我不想要这份工作 |
[01:28] | And did you actually enjoy it once you had it? | 当你接受之后 你享受这份工作吗 |
[01:30] | – You know I did. – Really? | -你知道我很享受 -是吗 |
[01:32] | Trying to manage your best friend, | 试着管你最好的朋友 |
[01:34] | accepting Brian Altman’s resignation, | 接受布莱恩·阿特曼的辞呈 |
[01:36] | taking Robert Zane’s name off the wall. | 把罗伯特·赞恩的名字从墙上拿下来 |
[01:38] | Sheila, you said you fell in love with me | 希拉 你说你会爱上我 |
[01:39] | because I was a lion. | 是因为我是头雄狮 |
[01:41] | Now I’m just a housecat with his balls cut off. | 而我现在只是只被阉了的家猫 |
[01:43] | – Louis– – Hear what I just said? | -路易 -没听见我刚刚说的吗 |
[01:44] | I’m a ball-less cat. | 我是只太监猫 |
[01:45] | Which reminds me, when are we getting another cat? | 这倒提醒我了 什么时候我们能再养只猫 |
[01:47] | Oh, I’ll tell you when. Never! | 我告诉你什么时候 下辈子吧 |
[01:48] | But you said you’d be open to a hairless! | 但你说你可以容忍无毛猫 |
[01:50] | That was said in a vulnerable moment! | 我那是为了安慰你 |
[01:55] | Louis, the point is, | 路易 重点是 |
[01:57] | it’s not the end of the world, | 这不是世界末日 |
[01:58] | and this isn’t going to last forever. | 情况也不会永远如此 |
[02:01] | Sheila, I know the job wasn’t sunshine and rainbows, | 希拉 我知道这份工作并不会一帆风顺 |
[02:06] | but I was getting really good at it. | 但我已经慢慢上手了 |
[02:08] | And I don’t know how long | 我不知道不当经营合伙人 |
[02:10] | I can keep going to work not being in charge. | 这份工作我还能坚持多久 |
[02:23] | Couldn’t help but notice | 我注意到 |
[02:24] | you didn’t come over last night. | 你昨晚没过来 |
[02:26] | I know. | 是啊 |
[02:27] | Did you also know that’s the first night | 你知道这是我们 |
[02:28] | we haven’t spent together since– | 第一个没共度的夜晚 自从 |
[02:30] | I did. | 我知道 |
[02:31] | Donna, what’s going on? | 唐娜 怎么回事 |
[02:33] | I didn’t know how to make sense of you | 我不知道该怎么解释 |
[02:35] | taking my side with Louis when you didn’t agree with me. | 当你不同意我的意见时 却还是站在我这边 |
[02:37] | What do you mean? I thought you would like that. | 这话怎么说 我还以为你喜欢那样 |
[02:38] | Well, I don’t. | 我不喜欢 |
[02:39] | I don’t want you saying things that you don’t believe. | 我不想让你口是心非 |
[02:43] | And I want to know why you did it. | 我想知道你为什么要那么做 |
[02:45] | I guess because… | 我想大概是因为 |
[02:46] | I was afraid you’d be mad at me. | 我怕你生我气 |
[02:48] | Well, that’s never stopped you before. | 之前你可都不怕 |
[02:49] | Because before, we weren’t together. | 因为之前我们没在一起 |
[02:52] | Oh, my God. Of course. | 天哪 原来如此 |
[02:55] | Harvey, I’m not gonna leave you. | 哈维 我不会离开你的 |
[02:57] | And I’m certainly not gonna leave you | 我更不会因为发生在这里的某些事 |
[02:59] | over something that happens here. | 而离开你 |
[03:01] | I also don’t want something that happens here | 我也不想让发生在这里的某些事 |
[03:02] | to be the reason we don’t spend the night together. | 成为我们不共度良宵的理由 |
[03:04] | Neither do I. | 我也不想 |
[03:06] | I guess we’re just gonna have to figure out a way | 我猜我们得想出一个办法 |
[03:08] | to make sure that our work doesn’t intrude on our lives. | 来确保我们的工作不会影响生活 |
[03:12] | Well, what if I said | 如果我说 |
[03:14] | we could start by going out one night a week, just us, | 我们可以试试一周出去约会一晚 就我们俩 |
[03:17] | and talk about anything but this place? | 谈天说地 但不谈工作 你觉得如何 |
[03:20] | I’d say that’s a great idea. | 我得说这主意不错 |
[03:26] | What? | 怎么了 |
[03:27] | Where did you get this idea for the whole once-a-week dinner thing? | 你从哪儿想到的这个一周出去约会一次的主意 |
[03:29] | All right, look. | 好吧 听着 |
[03:31] | Once in a while, not on a regular basis… | 只是偶尔… |
[03:34] | I like to watch “Oprah” In the mornings. | 我喜欢在早上看奥普拉脱口秀 |
[03:37] | No way. | 不可能 |
[03:38] | It can’t be that. I’m not buying it. | 不可能会是这样 我不信 |
[03:40] | I’m serious, Donna. | 我说真的 唐娜 |
[03:41] | You’d be surprised how common a problem it is | 其实恋人因为工作和生活平衡出现问题 |
[03:43] | for couples to strike the right work-life balance. | 是很普遍的事 |
[03:46] | Who are you? | 我都不认识你了 |
[03:47] | Look, I know things about you too. | 听着 我也了解你的一些事情 |
[03:49] | Does the word “Albuquerque” Mean anything to you? | “阿尔伯克基”对你来说没有任何意义吗 |
[03:51] | Now, I told you that in confidence, | 这是我私下告诉你的 |
[03:53] | and for you to bring that up now, that is totally un– | 既然你现在提起来了 那可就 |
[03:54] | – You see? I got ya. – I hate to interrupt, | -看见没 抓住把柄了 -我无意打扰 |
[03:56] | but you two need to drop whatever you’re doing | 但你们俩得先放下手头的事情 |
[03:58] | and go see Louis. | 去见路易 |
[03:59] | What is it, Gretchen? | 怎么了 格蕾琴 |
[04:01] | They stripped him of managing partner last night. | 他们昨晚撤销了他经营合伙人的职位 |
[04:05] | Oh, my God. | 天哪 |
[04:07] | We need to go to him right now. | 我们得马上去找他 |
[04:10] | No. | 不 |
[04:11] | You go to him. | 你去找他 |
[04:12] | I need to go see Faye. | 我得去见法耶 |
[04:18] | Isn’t it enough you took his firm? | 你已经夺走了他的律所还不够吗 |
[04:20] | You had to take his title too? | 还非得夺走他的头衔吗 |
[04:22] | I take it you heard about Louis. | 看来你已经知道路易的事了 |
[04:24] | You’re damn right I did, and this isn’t gonna stand. | 我当然听说了 你不能这么做 |
[04:26] | It is, because he instructed a subordinate | 当然能 因为他指使一名下属 |
[04:28] | to hack the New York Bar. | 黑进了纽约律师协会的系统 |
[04:30] | He said he didn’t order Benjamin to do that, and I believe him. | 他说了他没让本杰明那样做 而我相信他 |
[04:32] | I don’t care what you believe. | 我不在乎你相不相信 |
[04:34] | He tried to fire the man when he got caught. | 他在被发现时 试图炒掉那个人自保 |
[04:36] | That’s unacceptable. | 这是不可接受的 |
[04:37] | Damn it, not everybody has to do everything by your book. | 该死的 不是人人都得按你的章程办事 |
[04:40] | And what you’re still failing to comprehend | 你怎么还不懂 |
[04:42] | is that if you choose to disobey me, there’ll be consequences. | 如果你选择忤逆我 是要付出代价的 |
[04:45] | You want consequences, I’ll give you consequences. | 你想要代价 我就给你代价 |
[04:48] | What’s that supposed to mean? | 这话什么意思 |
[04:49] | It means Louis may not be managing partner anymore, | 意思是也许路易不再是经营合伙人了 |
[04:52] | but I’m sure as hell not answering to you. | 但我绝对不会听命于你 |
[05:36] | 路易·利特 经营合伙人 | |
[05:40] | Louis, I just heard. | 路易 我刚听说了 |
[05:41] | Well, good for you. I don’t want to talk about it. | 那你很棒 我不想谈这件事 |
[05:43] | Okay, then why don’t you tell me what you’re gonna do about it? | 行吧 那你不如和我说说你打算如何应对 |
[05:46] | I got demoted, Donna. | 我被降职了 唐娜 |
[05:47] | There’s nothing I can do about it, | 对此我无能为力 |
[05:49] | and I’d rather not dwell on it, | 而且我也不想沉溺于此事 |
[05:50] | so unless you want to get Harvey | 所以除非你想叫上哈维一起 |
[05:51] | so the two of you can gang up on me again, | 好让你俩又可以合起伙来和我对着干 |
[05:54] | I would rather be alone. | 我宁愿自己待着 |
[05:55] | Louis… | 路易… |
[05:57] | we didn’t gang up on you. | 我们没有合起伙来和你对着干 |
[05:59] | What the hell would you call it? | 那你们上次算什么 |
[06:00] | A mistake. | 一个错误 |
[06:01] | And if it makes you feel any better, | 如果这么说能让你心里舒服点的话 |
[06:03] | I already spoke to Harvey about it, | 我已经和哈维谈过这事了 |
[06:04] | because you weren’t the only one upset about him siding with me. | 因为并非只有你一个人不满他和我统一战线 |
[06:07] | Why would that upset you? | 你有什么可不满的 |
[06:08] | Probably because my sister | 也许是因为我姐姐 |
[06:09] | turned every man she was ever with into a doormat, | 把她每一任男友都变成了对她言听计从的人 |
[06:11] | but that’s not the point. | 但那不是重点 |
[06:12] | You have a sister? | 你还有个姐姐 |
[06:12] | Not the point either, Louis. | 这也不是重点 路易 |
[06:14] | She’s much older, and I don’t want to talk about her. | 她比我大很多岁 我不想谈她 |
[06:16] | What I want to say is that what happened last night | 我想说的是 昨晚发生的事 |
[06:18] | will never happen again. | 绝对不会再发生了 |
[06:21] | I don’t want our relationship | 我不希望我和他的关系 |
[06:22] | to affect how we treat you. | 影响到我们与你的相处方式 |
[06:26] | – You really mean that? – I do. | -你是真心的吗 -是的 |
[06:29] | And, Louis, if you ever need me or Harvey | 而且 路易 如果在法耶这件破事期间 |
[06:31] | during any of this Faye bullshit, | 你有任何需要我或者哈维的时候 |
[06:33] | we are here for you. | 我们都会全力支持你 |
[06:38] | Hey, you hear about Louis? | 你听说路易的事了吗 |
[06:40] | Of course I did. It’s all over the firm. | 当然听说了 全律所都传遍了 |
[06:42] | – Well? – Well what? | -所以说 -所以说什么 |
[06:44] | What are we gonna do about it? | 我们该怎么办 |
[06:45] | We’re not gonna do anything about it, | 我们不怎么办 |
[06:46] | because doing shit like whatever you’re thinking of | 因为我们一开始会落到这个境地 |
[06:48] | is what got us in this mess in the first place. | 就是因为我们做了你脑子里正在想的那些事 |
[06:49] | Are trying to put this on me? | 你是想把这事怪在我头上吗 |
[06:51] | Samantha, I am fully aware | 萨曼莎 我非常清楚 |
[06:52] | that you are not the reason she is here, | 她不是因为你才出现在这的 |
[06:53] | but now that she is here, | 但既然她已经来了 |
[06:54] | I’m not gonna make things worse by doing more unethical shit. | 我不会再做任何不符职业道德的事让事态恶化 |
[06:58] | Then what if we could come up with a way | 那我们能不能想个办法 |
[06:59] | to get her out on the up-and-up? | 光明正大地把她赶出去 |
[07:01] | What kind of way? | 什么办法 |
[07:02] | I don’t know, but we are lawyers. | 我不知道 但我们是律师 |
[07:04] | We ought to be able to come up with something. | 我们应该要能想出点东西来 |
[07:06] | You’re a lawyer? | 你是个律师吗 |
[07:07] | I thought all you did was sashay in a room, | 我还以为你只会大摇大摆地走进房间 |
[07:08] | tell someone you got them, | 吓唬某人你有他们的把柄 |
[07:09] | and make them do what you want. | 然后要挟他们按你说的去做呢 |
[07:10] | Well, that was my major, | 那是我常用的套路 |
[07:12] | but I have been known to open a book or two. | 但我也是有真材实料的人 |
[07:16] | Look, Alex, I have grown really fond of Louis. | 听着 亚历克斯 我挺喜欢路易的 |
[07:20] | He’s gotta be hurting. | 他一定会很难受 |
[07:22] | What do you say we at least give it a try? | 我们至少得试试吧 |
[07:25] | Okay, Samantha. | 好吧 萨曼莎 |
[07:27] | I’m in. | 算我一个 |
[07:31] | Mr. Specter. | 斯佩克特先生 |
[07:32] | I agreed to meet with you, but I have to tell you, | 我同意和你见面 但我必须告诉你 |
[07:34] | the last person I need right now is another lawyer. | 我现在最不需要的就是再来一位律师 |
[07:36] | Please, call me Harvey, | 叫我哈维就好 |
[07:38] | and the last person you need | 你最不需要的是 |
[07:40] | is another asshole whose agenda is at odds with your own. | 一个目标和你不一致的混蛋 |
[07:43] | And what agenda is that? | 我的目标是什么 |
[07:45] | Look, you didn’t want this takeover, | 听着 你不想接受这次收购 |
[07:47] | but your board used your own law firm to push it through anyway. | 但你的董事会利用你自己的律所促成了这件事 |
[07:50] | How do you know that? | 你怎么知道 |
[07:51] | Because I know what it’s like to have the house you built | 因为我知道把自己盖的房子 |
[07:53] | get handed over to someone else, | 拱手让人是什么感觉 |
[07:55] | and it just so happens the people doing it to you | 而碰巧 对你做出这种事的人 |
[07:57] | are related to the woman who’s doing it to me. | 和对我做相同事情的女人是一伙的 |
[07:59] | So you’re saying don’t hire you | 所以你让我雇你 |
[08:00] | because you care about me, | 不是因为你在乎我 |
[08:02] | do it because we share a common enemy? | 而是因为我们有共同的敌人 |
[08:04] | You want your lawyer to give you a hug, | 你是想让你的律师给你个爱的抱抱 |
[08:05] | or you want him to get the job done? | 还是想让他完成工作 |
[08:07] | I want my goddamn company back. | 我想拿回我的公司 |
[08:09] | Then the first thing we need to do | 那我们第一件要做的事 |
[08:10] | is put the brakes on this sale by suing the board. | 就是起诉董事会来阻止他们 |
[08:14] | A CEO can’t sue his own company. | 首席执行官怎么能起诉自己的公司 |
[08:16] | As CEO, no, he can’t. | 首席执行官当然不行 |
[08:18] | As a shareholder, he can. | 但股东可以 |
[08:22] | Seems like you put a lot of thought into this | 看来你来找我之前 |
[08:25] | before you came to see me. | 已经好好想过这事了 |
[08:26] | Think what I’ll do once you officially hire me. | 想想你雇了我以后我能做些什么 |
[08:29] | What do you say? | 你觉得呢 |
[08:31] | I say start drafting that suit. | 起草诉讼函吧 |
[08:34] | Took care of that before I got here too. | 来之前也已经搞定了 |
[08:37] | Dan, we do this, they’re not gonna take it lying down. | 丹 一旦我们这么做 他们是不会善罢甘休的 |
[08:41] | I need to know you’re all in. | 我得确保你下了决心 |
[08:43] | I’m already losing control of my company. | 我都掌控不了我的公司了 |
[08:45] | What else have I got to lose? | 还有什么可以失去的 |
[08:54] | Katrina, do you have a moment? | 卡特里娜 你有时间吗 |
[08:56] | Actually, Susan, this isn’t a great time. | 苏珊 现在不是时候 |
[08:58] | – I’m neck-deep in the– – The VersaLife case, I know. | -我正忙着 -回春制药的案子 我知道 |
[09:02] | Well, you probably don’t know that this firm | 你可能不知道 |
[09:04] | nearly lost VersaLife once because of me | 律所差点因我失掉这个客户 |
[09:06] | and I’m not about to let it happen again. | 我不会让这种事再发生 |
[09:08] | Which is all the more reason to let me help you. | 那就更要让我来帮你了 |
[09:10] | Help me? | 帮我 |
[09:12] | I noticed you’ve been working without an associate | 我发现自布莱恩离职后 |
[09:14] | ever since Brian resigned. | 你就在单枪匹马地工作 |
[09:15] | And you thought if you could fill Brian’s shoes, | 你觉得你要是能取代布莱恩的工作 |
[09:17] | I’d take you on as my associate. | 我就会让你做我的助理律师 |
[09:18] | Something like that. | 差不多是这样 |
[09:20] | Well, I appreciate you putting yourself out there, | 我很感谢你主动提出帮忙 |
[09:22] | but I’ve got this handled. | 但我自己能搞定 |
[09:24] | Look, in your discovery, there’s an email | 在你的证据里面 有一封 |
[09:25] | from your CEO to his board | 首席执行官写给董事会的 |
[09:27] | about their stock tanking. | 有关股票暴跌的邮件 |
[09:29] | I know that, but it was after it had already started. | 我知道 但那是在股票暴跌之后 |
[09:33] | The original date was whited out. | 原本的日期被抹掉了 |
[09:38] | See? | 看到吗 |
[09:39] | You can tell. | 能看出来 |
[09:41] | It’s not a smoking gun– | 这不是确凿的证据 |
[09:42] | But we need to be able to explain it. | 但我们得能够解释才行 |
[09:45] | Good find, Susan. | 干得漂亮 苏珊 |
[09:47] | If you hadn’t caught that, we would’ve been in trouble. | 要不是你发现了 我们可能会陷入麻烦 |
[09:50] | We? | 我们 |
[09:52] | Does that mean we’re working together? | 这意思是你同意我的提议了吗 |
[09:54] | It means I’m giving you a chance. | 意思是我愿意给你个机会 |
[09:57] | Louis, I’m so glad | 路易 我很高兴 |
[09:58] | you were able to have the time to come out. | 你能抽空出来见我 |
[10:00] | Well, honestly, Your Honor, | 老实说 法官大人 |
[10:02] | I could use the time out of the office. | 下班以后我就是自由人 |
[10:04] | Don’t start with the “Your Honor” Crap, okay? | 别叫我什么狗屁法官大人 |
[10:06] | I’m here as your friend. | 我是以朋友的身份来的 |
[10:07] | Okay, then, Saul… old friend. | 好吧 索尔 老朋友 |
[10:11] | Let’s get to it. | 直说吧 |
[10:12] | What kind of trouble you in? | 你遇到什么麻烦了 |
[10:14] | Louis, I’m not here about my troubles. | 路易 我不是为我的麻烦而来 |
[10:15] | I’m here about yours. | 而是为你的麻烦而来 |
[10:17] | What are you talking about? | 你在说什么 |
[10:18] | You remember when we were back at Harvard | 你还记得我们在哈佛的时候 |
[10:20] | and you, you charted out your whole career? | 你规划了你的整个职业生涯吗 |
[10:24] | Partner at a top law firm, check. | 成为顶尖律所的合伙人 达成 |
[10:26] | Get my name on the wall, check. | 让我的名字上墙 达成 |
[10:27] | And once I’ve done all that… | 这些都完成以后… |
[10:30] | become a judge. | 成为一个法官 |
[10:31] | But what does that have to do with anything? | 这和我的麻烦有什么关系吗 |
[10:34] | Well, it has to do with the fact | 当然有关系 |
[10:35] | that Amy Janon’s seat is opening up | 艾米·雅农的位子空了 |
[10:36] | and you’d be the perfect person to replace her. | 而你是替代她的最佳人选 |
[10:40] | Saul, are you offering me a judgeship? | 索尔 你这是想让我去当法官吗 |
[10:42] | I am. | 没错 |
[10:45] | This has something to do with Faye Richardson, doesn’t it? | 这和法耶·理查德森有关 对吗 |
[10:48] | Damn it. | 该死 |
[10:48] | Louis, your ship is sinking, | 路易 你的船要沉了 |
[10:50] | and you shouldn’t have to go down with it. | 你不应该跟着它沉下去 |
[10:52] | Saul, that is bullshit. | 索尔 这是扯淡 |
[10:54] | I can weather this storm, and I don’t need your charity. | 我能挺过这次风暴 也不需要你的怜悯 |
[10:56] | It’s not charity. | 这不是怜悯 |
[10:58] | You’re the best lawyer I ever worked with. | 你是我合作过的最好的律师 |
[11:01] | And normally I’d say, | 要放在平时 我肯定会说 |
[11:02] | “Don’t worry. It’ll come around again.” | “别担心 总有转圜的余地” |
[11:05] | But you come out on the wrong side of this Faye thing, | 但法耶这事你要是站错边 |
[11:08] | and the only robe you’re ever gonna wear | 那你后半辈子会穿的唯一一件袍子 |
[11:10] | is the one that’s hanging in your bathroom. | 就是你家浴室里挂着的那件浴袍了 |
[11:17] | What the hell is this? | 这是什么 |
[11:18] | It’s a recusal form for you to sign. | 回避表 需要你的签字 |
[11:20] | It turns out, I got a case against your old firm, | 有个针对你先前律所的案子 |
[11:23] | and make no mistake: I’m taking it. | 不出意外的话 我会接下这个案子 |
[11:25] | I get it. | 我知道了 |
[11:26] | You don’t think I’ve embraced this firm. | 你认为我还没有接受这间律所 |
[11:28] | Well, I have. | 但你错了 |
[11:30] | So as long as you conduct yourself aboveboard, | 所以只要你行事磊落 |
[11:32] | I won’t just sign this; I’ll be rooting for you. | 我不仅会签字回避 还会支持你 |
[11:34] | Bullshit. | 胡扯 |
[11:35] | You’ll root for the people who embraced your system. | 你只会支持接受你的体制的人 |
[11:37] | But won’t matter, because after I kick their ass, | 但没关系 因为等我让你滚蛋后 |
[11:40] | the world’s gonna know my system is better than yours. | 大家就会知道我的体制比你的要好 |
[11:41] | And what system is that? | 什么体制 |
[11:43] | The one where you play by whatever rules suit you? | 你随心所欲玩闹的体制吗 |
[11:46] | Because if that’s what you’re gonna use to win this– | 因为如果你想用这个来取胜 |
[11:48] | I’ll tell you what I’m gonna use to win: | 我来告诉你我会用什么取胜 |
[11:49] | whatever I fucking have to. | 不择手段 |
[11:51] | Then I’ll be forced to remind you: | 那我不得不提醒你 |
[11:52] | you cross one line, and you’ll be out on your ass. | 你要胆敢越界 就给我滚蛋 |
[11:54] | I don’t need to cross any lines, Faye. | 我不需要越界 法耶 |
[11:57] | You de-balled these guys so much, all I had to do | 你把这些家伙搞得一团糟 |
[11:59] | was threaten a lawsuit, and they’re shaking in their boots. | 我只需威胁起诉他们 他们就会瑟瑟发抖 |
[12:02] | So unless you’re here to take my title | 所以除非你来是要像对路易那样 |
[12:04] | like you took Louis’, we’re done. | 削我的职 那对话就到此为止 |
[12:08] | I’ll be watching you. | 我会盯着你的 |
[12:10] | Enjoy the show. | 好好享受吧 |
[12:20] | Sheila… | 希拉… |
[12:22] | I want to talk to you about something | 我想和你说个事 |
[12:24] | because you’re probably gonna hear about it anyway | 因为反正你也会听说的 |
[12:25] | but I want you to hear it from me. | 但我想亲口告诉你 |
[12:27] | What is it, Louis? | 什么事 路易 |
[12:29] | I was offered a judgeship, and I turned it down. | 我有个当法官的机会 我拒绝了 |
[12:32] | You turned down a judgeship | 你都没和我商量 |
[12:34] | without even discussing it with me? | 就拒绝了当法官的机会 |
[12:36] | Louis, being a judge has always been your dream. | 路易 做法官一直都是你的梦想 |
[12:40] | I know that. | 我知道 |
[12:41] | But a judge makes 1/5 of what I do. | 但法官的收入只有我的1/5 |
[12:44] | We have a child on the way, | 我们马上就要有孩子了 |
[12:46] | not to mention my firm is in trouble. | 再加上我的律所遇到麻烦 |
[12:48] | I don’t want to leave my friends in the lurch. | 我不想在我们的朋友们有困难时离开他们 |
[12:50] | If they were really your friends, | 如果他们真是你的朋友 |
[12:50] | they wouldn’t be asking you to turn this down. | 他们就不会让你拒绝这个机会 |
[12:53] | They didn’t ask me to turn it down, | 他们没有让我拒绝这个机会 |
[12:54] | because I didn’t tell them about it. | 因为我没告诉他们 |
[12:55] | Well, you didn’t tell me about it either! | 你也没告诉我啊 |
[12:56] | Okay, Sheila, what is going on? | 希拉 怎么了 |
[12:57] | Where is this coming from? | 你为什么这么生气 |
[13:01] | I went to Saul, Louis. | 是我去找的索尔 路易 |
[13:05] | You did what? | 你干了什么 |
[13:06] | You said you didn’t know how long | 你说了 如果你不管事的话 |
[13:07] | you could keep going not being in charge. | 你不知道你能撑多久 |
[13:10] | So you fabricated a judgeship for me? | 所以你就编造了这个当法官的机会 |
[13:12] | I didn’t fabricate anything. | 我没编造任何东西 |
[13:14] | Every time I see the man, | 每次我见到他 |
[13:15] | he says you belong on the bench. | 他都说你就应该做法官 |
[13:19] | When I went to him, Louis, | 当我去找他时 路易 |
[13:21] | he was overjoyed. | 他高兴坏了 |
[13:25] | He was? | 是吗 |
[13:26] | He was. | 是的 |
[13:27] | Louis, Saul said if things don’t work out… | 路易 索尔说如果这次不行 |
[13:31] | you will never get this chance again. | 你就永远不会再有机会了 |
[13:33] | All I’m asking is for you to think about it. | 我只想让你再好好考虑一下 |
[13:37] | Okay, Sheila. | 好吧 希拉 |
[13:39] | I’ll sleep on it. | 我会考虑的 |
[13:43] | I got it. | 我找到了 |
[13:45] | Then lay it on me, because we’ve been at this for hours, | 说说吧 我们都花了好几个小时了 |
[13:47] | and I’m about to give up. | 我都快要放弃了 |
[13:48] | Okay, look here. | 看这个 |
[13:49] | “If the presence of a special master | “如果特别主事的存在 |
[13:50] | causes significant harm to a firm, | 对律所产生了重大损害 |
[13:53] | they can be removed.” | 他们可以被免职” |
[13:54] | But she hasn’t caused any harm. | 可她没造成什么损害啊 |
[13:56] | She hasn’t caused any harm yet. | 她尚未造成任何损害 |
[13:58] | But if all of a sudden, a client left, | 但如果突然间有客户走了 |
[13:59] | said it was her fault, | 说是她造成的 |
[14:00] | and then that started an avalanche– | 然后产生个连锁反应 |
[14:03] | What are you talking about? | 你在说什么 |
[14:04] | I’m talking about going to Gavin Andrews, | 我在说去找盖文·安德鲁斯 |
[14:05] | – getting him to leave– – Are you crazy? | -让他解约– -你疯了吗 |
[14:07] | – Just hear me out. – No, Samantha. | -先听我说完 -不 萨曼莎 |
[14:09] | Inducing a client to leave isn’t Faye causing us harm. | 诱使一位客户离开是我们在损害律所 |
[14:11] | It’s us causing us harm. | 不是法耶 |
[14:12] | – He’d come back! – I don’t care! | -他会回来的 -我不管这个 |
[14:14] | – This discussion is over. – Jesus Christ, | -这个讨论到此为止 -我的天 |
[14:16] | it’s one little thing to get her out of our lives. | 如果做一件小事就能让她离开我们生活的话 |
[14:18] | It’s not a little thing. It’s conspiracy. | 这不是小事 是个阴谋 |
[14:21] | And it sure as hell isn’t on the up-and-up | 而且这绝对不是你同意的 |
[14:22] | – like you agreed to. – I don’t believe it. | -光明正大的方式 -我真不能相信 |
[14:23] | When did you become such a goddamn coward? | 你从什么时候开始变得这么懦弱了 |
[14:26] | Excuse me? | 你再说一遍 |
[14:26] | You had Katrina pretend to be me, | 你曾让卡特里娜假扮成我 |
[14:29] | and did that because you had the balls to win. | 你那么做是因为你有胆量去赢 |
[14:31] | And if I say yes because you call me a coward, | 如果我就因为你说我是懦夫 就同意这事 |
[14:33] | then I am one. | 那我就真是懦夫了 |
[14:34] | So do what you want, but I’m not fucking doing it. | 你爱怎样就怎样 反正我绝不会去做 |
[14:37] | And neither should you. | 你也不应该去做 |
[14:45] | I have to say, we may end up | 我得说 我们本来有可能 |
[14:48] | getting totally screwed on this, but… | 因为这事被搞得很惨 但… |
[14:51] | Susan, you have really done your research. | 苏珊 你的调查做得真细致 |
[14:54] | Thank you. That means a lot to me. | 谢谢 你的鼓励对我很重要 |
[15:00] | Can I ask your advice on something? | 我能向你请教个事吗 |
[15:03] | It’s kind of personal. | 是个私人的事 |
[15:05] | Of course, Susan. What is it? | 当然了 苏珊 什么事 |
[15:09] | So there’s this paralegal. | 有个律师助理 |
[15:11] | He’s smart and funny, and he and I just click. | 他既聪明又挺逗 他和我对上眼了 |
[15:14] | I’ve certainly seen that happen before. | 这种事我以前也见过 |
[15:16] | I just–I know how closely you worked with Brian, | 我知道你和布莱恩合作得有多紧密 |
[15:19] | and I guess I want to know | 我就想知道 |
[15:21] | how you kept things professional. | 你是怎么公私分明的 |
[15:23] | I don’t want to get into me and Brian, Susan, | 我不想说我和布莱恩的事 苏珊 |
[15:26] | but if you want my advice, | 但如果你想听我的建议 |
[15:28] | I’d find a different paralegal. | 我会去另外找个律师助理 |
[15:31] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[15:32] | All right, let’s get back to this. | 好吧 我们继续 |
[15:35] | Actually, I had an idea. | 实际上 我有个主意 |
[15:38] | Lead counsel on the other side is a longtime family friend. | 对方的首席律师是我们家的老朋友 |
[15:41] | What if I could convince her to settle? | 如果我能说服她接受庭外和解呢 |
[15:43] | That’s why you picked this case, isn’t it? | 所以你特意挑了这个案子 对吧 |
[15:46] | Because you thought | 因为你觉得 |
[15:46] | you could use your connections to impress me? | 你可以用你的人脉让我对你刮目相看 |
[15:48] | There’s nothing wrong | 利用机会 |
[15:49] | with taking advantage of an opportunity. | 本身也没什么错啊 |
[15:52] | No, you’re right. There isn’t. | 你说得对 这没什么错 |
[15:54] | But in this particular instance, | 但在这个案子上 |
[15:57] | what you’re proposing isn’t going to work. | 你的建议行不通 |
[16:01] | But how do you know? | 可你怎么知道呢 |
[16:02] | Because I know. | 因为我就知道 |
[16:04] | – But– – Susan… | -可是… -苏珊… |
[16:06] | being an associate means knowing when to drop it. | 做助理律师就意味着知道什么时候要适可而止 |
[16:10] | Show me you can do that. | 向我证明你能做到 |
[16:26] | If it pleases the court, | 请允许我 |
[16:27] | I would like to tell a story about a noble ship’s captain, | 我想讲个故事 关于一艘高贵的船的船长 |
[16:30] | a villainous pirate by the name of Faye Pooperson, | 一个名叫法耶·普博森的邪恶海盗 |
[16:33] | and a foul miscarriage of justice. | 以及一段恶心的冤案的故事 |
[16:35] | Objection, Your Honor. He’s testifying. | 反对 法官大人 他是自证 |
[16:38] | And my name isn’t Pooperson. | 而且我的名字也不是普博森 |
[16:40] | Richardson, Pooperson, what’s the difference? | 理查德森 普博森 有什么区别 |
[16:42] | That’s unorthodox, but I’ll allow it. | 这个不太寻常 但反对无效 |
[16:44] | You’re just him in a wig. | 你不过是戴了假发的他 |
[16:45] | A wig, if I may say, | 我得说 一顶假发 |
[16:46] | you are rocking, Your Honor. | 让你神采焕发 法官大人 |
[16:47] | If I weren’t married, I’d be all over that. | 如果我没结婚 肯定上了他 |
[16:50] | I bet he’s so much better than Harvey. | 我打赌他肯定比哈维强 |
[16:52] | I am. Please proceed. | 我的确是 请继续 |
[16:53] | Your Honor, paragraph five of the nautical code | 法官阁下 《航海法》第五款 |
[16:55] | states that a captain shall not relinquish command | 指出船长不得将船的指挥权 |
[16:58] | to a party of pirates. | 交给海盗们 |
[16:59] | If anyone here is a pirate it’s him, | 如果这里有谁是海盗 那也是他 |
[17:02] | and I am the British navy in this situation. | 我相当于故事里的英国海军 |
[17:05] | Objection! She’s hijacking my metaphor! | 反对 她偷了我的比喻 |
[17:07] | Sustained. | 反对有效 |
[17:08] | Miss Pooperson, this is your only warning. | 普博森小姐 我只警告你一次 |
[17:10] | He hasn’t even called a witness! | 他都还没传唤证人 |
[17:12] | She does have a point. | 她说的有道理 |
[17:13] | I don’t need a witness to prove my case to this jury of my peers. | 我无需传唤证人来向由我同僚组成的陪审团证明案情 |
[17:16] | Did he say peers? | 他刚刚是不是说了同僚 |
[17:17] | I know. Can you believe this guy? | 是啊 这家伙 难以置信 |
[17:20] | I think we’ve heard enough. | 我想大家都听够了 |
[17:21] | Mr. Foreman, has the jury reached a verdict? | 陪审团团长 你们作出裁决了吗 |
[17:24] | We have, Your Honor. | 是的 法官大人 |
[17:25] | We find the defendant guilty on all charges. | 我们认为被告所有罪名均成立 |
[17:28] | As if there was any question. | 毫无疑问 |
[17:29] | Miss Richardson, I hereby sentence you to death. | 理查德森小姐 我在此宣判你死刑 |
[17:32] | Death? | 死刑 |
[17:33] | I don’t even know what I’m on trial for! | 我都不知道自己为什么受审 |
[17:36] | And that’s the beauty of this whole thing. | 这正是这场审判的美妙之处 |
[17:37] | Bailiff, take her away. | 法警 带她走 |
[17:39] | With pleasure. | 乐意至极 |
[17:41] | – Well done. – Well done. | -好样的 -好样的 |
[17:49] | For the record, | 对了 |
[17:51] | I meant what I said about him being better than Harvey. | 当我说他比哈维强时 我是认真的 |
[17:53] | So true, so true. | 太对了 太对了 |
[17:58] | So true, so true. | 太对了 太对了 |
[18:04] | There were really 12 Harveys? | 真的出现了12个哈维吗 |
[18:06] | I know, right? It was fantastic. | 是啊 太妙了 |
[18:09] | Maybe Sheila’s right. | 也许希拉说得对 |
[18:10] | Maybe I should say yes. | 也许我该同意 |
[18:12] | I’d be in charge, and no one would ever push me around again. | 我会掌管大权 我也不必再受任何人的气了 |
[18:15] | True, but– | 没错 但是 |
[18:15] | Stan, a jury of Harveys just found in my favor. | 斯坦 全是哈维的陪审团刚判我胜诉 |
[18:17] | Don’t tell me you’re gonna shit on this. | 你别毁了这一刻 |
[18:19] | Louis, I’m sorry… | 路易 抱歉 |
[18:22] | but I must point out | 但我得指出 |
[18:25] | that your dream was filled with the people you work with. | 你的梦境里全是和你共事的人 |
[18:28] | You are envisioning yourself in a fantasy world | 你幻想着自己处在一个 |
[18:30] | still surrounded by them. | 全是他们的世界 |
[18:32] | What’s your point? | 你想说什么 |
[18:33] | My point is, if you take the job, | 我想说 如果你接手这工作 |
[18:36] | they will not be there with you. | 他们不会在你身边 |
[18:39] | Oh, God. | 天哪 |
[18:42] | This whole time, I was worried | 一直以来我都担心着 |
[18:43] | about what they would do without me. | 他们没有我会怎么办 |
[18:44] | I hadn’t even thought about what I’d do about them. | 我都没想过自己没有他们会怎么办 |
[18:48] | And if you do think about that? | 那如果你现在想想呢 |
[18:51] | I think they’re everything to me | 我觉得他们是我的一切 |
[18:52] | and I don’t want to go anywhere. | 我哪儿也不想去 |
[18:58] | Donna, good, I was hoping you were in, | 唐娜 很好 我正期望你在 |
[19:00] | because I need a little help. | 因为我需要帮助 |
[19:02] | Sure, Faye, with what? | 行啊 法耶 什么事 |
[19:03] | You want me to tell Alex Williams | 你想让我告诉亚历克斯·威廉姆斯 |
[19:05] | he’s an associate now? | 他现在降为助理律师了吗 |
[19:06] | I take it you don’t like my decision regarding Louis. | 看来你不喜欢我对路易做的决定 |
[19:08] | Dislike is one of the ways of describing my feelings for you, Faye. | 不喜欢只是我的感受之一 法耶 |
[19:12] | I doubt you want to hear the other. | 我觉得你不会想听其他的 |
[19:13] | Then I’ll get to it. | 那我就直说了 |
[19:14] | Whether you like it or not, | 无论你喜不喜欢 |
[19:15] | I am acting managing partner now, | 我现在是代理经营合伙人 |
[19:17] | which means I have a full plate and no help with it. | 意味着我有一大堆活儿 却无人帮忙 |
[19:20] | I need a secretary. | 我需要一位秘书 |
[19:25] | You want me to be your secretary? | 你想让我做你秘书 |
[19:26] | I need you to help me get through the next few days, | 我需要你帮我渡过接下去的几天 |
[19:29] | and according to everyone, | 据大家所说 |
[19:30] | you were the best secretary this firm ever had. | 你曾是这家律所有史以来最好的秘书 |
[19:33] | I was the best secretary any firm ever had, | 没有任何一家律所的秘书能比我更优秀 |
[19:35] | which is one of the reasons I am now COO. | 这也是我成为首席运营官的原因之一 |
[19:38] | Donna, I know you think this is below your pay grade– | 唐娜 我知道你觉得这有些大材小用 |
[19:40] | It is below my pay grade. | 这就是大材小用 |
[19:42] | But more importantly, it sends a message | 但更重要的是 这传达了一个信息 |
[19:43] | that I am more valuable as your lackey | 我做你的狗腿 比做自己工作 |
[19:45] | than in my real position. | 更为重要 |
[19:46] | And I’ve had it with people talking about messages | 我受够了人们说的什么信息 |
[19:49] | when the only message I keep getting is, “Go to hell.” | 我得到的唯一信息就是 “去死吧” |
[19:51] | So if you’re as loyal to this firm as you say you are, | 如果你真像自己所说的那样忠于律所 |
[19:54] | then accept I need you to do this. | 那就接受我让你做的事 |
[19:56] | And if I don’t? | 如果我不接受呢 |
[19:58] | Are you gonna demote me like you did to Louis? | 你要像对路易那样降我的职吗 |
[20:00] | Louis used his position | 路易利用自己的职位 |
[20:02] | to coerce borderline illegal behavior. | 参与谋划了违法行为 |
[20:04] | I’m asking you to manage some files. | 我只让你处理一些文件 |
[20:07] | I could demote if you refuse, | 如果你拒绝我确实可以降你的职 |
[20:09] | but does it really need to come to that? | 但真的要闹到那地步吗 |
[20:12] | You’ll have your files taken care of by the end of the day. | 今天结束前你的文件会处理好 |
[20:15] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[20:27] | Hey. Can I come in? | 我能进来吗 |
[20:30] | If I say no, you gonna say it’s because I’m a coward? | 如果我说不能 你会说这是因为我懦弱吗 |
[20:32] | Alex… | 亚历克斯 |
[20:35] | I am so sorry. | 我真的很抱歉 |
[20:37] | I should not have said what I said. | 我不该说那些话 |
[20:39] | I know it’s not an excuse, | 我知道这不是借口 |
[20:41] | but I’ve just really been off-kilter since Robert left. | 但自从罗伯特离开后我一直不在状态 |
[20:45] | It might not be an excuse, but… | 这虽不是个借口 但… |
[20:47] | it’s an explanation. | 这是个解释 |
[20:49] | And I hope I’m not overstepping, | 我希望自己没有越权 |
[20:51] | but I think I know what you need right now. | 但我知道你现在要什么 |
[20:53] | What do you mean? | 什么意思 |
[20:54] | When things aren’t going well for me in one part of my life, | 当我人生的某方面不遂我愿时 |
[20:57] | I try to look to another. | 我就关注另一方面 |
[20:58] | Usually that other part is family. | 通常指的是家庭 |
[21:02] | Are you trying to adopt me? | 你想收养我吗 |
[21:04] | Let’s take it one step at a time. | 慢慢来 |
[21:06] | Why don’t you come over to the house for dinner tonight? | 你今晚来我家吃晚餐吧 |
[21:08] | It may not be the answer to your problems, but… | 这可能解决不了你的问题 不过… |
[21:11] | Rosalie’s been asking about you. | 罗莎莉总问起你 |
[21:12] | Joy loves you. | 乔伊很喜欢你 |
[21:14] | – Are you sure? – Yeah. | -你确定吗 -是啊 |
[21:16] | I think it’ll be fun for you. | 我觉得你会喜欢的 |
[21:18] | Though if it goes anything like our lunch with Rosalie, | 但如果变成罗莎莉当初和我们吃午餐时那样的话 |
[21:21] | it sure as shit won’t be fun for me. | 那我就惨了 |
[21:24] | You know what I meant. | 你懂我什么意思 |
[21:26] | I did. | 我懂 |
[21:28] | You in? | 去吗 |
[21:31] | I’d love to. | 非常乐意 |
[21:33] | Thank you, Alex. | 谢谢你 亚历克斯 |
[21:42] | Dan, hey. Did you see the– | 丹 你看到… |
[21:44] | What the hell have you been doing? | 你在搞什么 |
[21:46] | What we said I’d do– | 我们计划好的 |
[21:47] | Suing them is one thing, | 起诉他们是一回事 |
[21:48] | but you took out a full-page ad | 但是你登出了一整页广告 |
[21:50] | saying that they’re endangering | 说他们正要将公司的整个未来 |
[21:51] | the entire future of the company. | 置于危险境地 |
[21:54] | Dan, you said you’d stick with the plan, | 丹 你说过你会坚持计划的 |
[21:56] | and if a thing like this is gonna rattle you– | 如果这样的事情会让你惊慌的话 |
[21:58] | It didn’t rattle me. | 它没有让我惊慌 |
[21:59] | It rattled them, and it’s gonna be a little difficult | 这让他们很惊慌 且在我已被解雇的情况下 |
[22:01] | to stick it out when I’ve been fired. | 继续坚持计划可能有些困难 |
[22:03] | What? They can’t do that in the middle of litigation. | 什么 他们不能在诉讼过程中这样做 |
[22:05] | Oh, they did. | 他们就这样做了 |
[22:06] | And even if I win this thing, | 即使我赢了 |
[22:07] | I won’t get my company back. | 我也夺不回我的公司 |
[22:08] | Listen to me. It’s not over. | 听我说 还没有结束 |
[22:10] | – I can fix it. – Then fix it, | -我能处理好 -那赶快处理 |
[22:12] | because if I lose everything from all this, | 如果我因为这个失去了这一切 |
[22:14] | instead of suing the board, I’ll be suing you. | 那我就不起诉董事会了 我要起诉你 |
[22:21] | You’re not gonna believe this shit. | 你不会相信的 |
[22:23] | Harvey | 哈维 |
[22:23] | I just got a call from Dan Foley. | 我刚接到丹·弗利的电话 |
[22:25] | They fired him, and now he’s threatening to sue me. | 他们解雇了他 现在他威胁要起诉我 |
[22:27] | And I’m sorry about that, but right now, I don’t have time. | 我很抱歉发生这样的事 但现在我很忙 |
[22:29] | Donna, I just told you I almost got sued– | 唐娜 我刚告诉你我差点被起诉了 |
[22:31] | But you didn’t get sued, | 但你没有被起诉 |
[22:32] | and you aren’t the only one sick of that woman. | 而且讨厌那个女人的不止你一个 |
[22:34] | What? | 什么 |
[22:35] | She had the nerve to ask me to be her secretary, | 她竟然请我做她的秘书 |
[22:37] | so I’m sorry that your case isn’t going well, | 很抱歉你的案子进展不顺利 |
[22:39] | but right now, I don’t ha– Where are you going? | 但现在 我不知道 你要去哪里 |
[22:41] | I’m gonna go to that woman | 我要去找那个女人 |
[22:42] | and tell her she can do her own work. | 让她自己做好自己的工作 |
[22:43] | You’re not her servant. | 你不是她的仆人 |
[22:44] | Harvey, I don’t need you to fight my battles for me. | 哈维 我不需要你为我加入这场斗争 |
[22:47] | And yesterday you said | 昨天你说 |
[22:48] | we shouldn’t let what happens here come between us. | 我们不应该让这里发生的事影响我们的感情 |
[22:50] | Well, it’s coming between us, and I’m gonna put a stop to it. | 这件事已经影响我们了 我要阻止它 |
[22:53] | You’re right. I did say that. | 你说得对 我确实说过 |
[22:55] | But the way to keep Faye from coming between us | 但不让法耶影响我们的方法 |
[22:56] | isn’t fighting her. | 不是和她正面冲突 |
[22:58] | It’s using your idea. | 而是用你的脑子 |
[22:59] | What are you talking about? | 你什么意思 |
[23:00] | We’re gonna go out for an early dinner, | 我们早点离开去吃晚餐 |
[23:01] | and we’re gonna talk about anything | 我们什么都可以聊 |
[23:03] | but this place and that woman. | 但绝不提这个地方和那个女人 |
[23:04] | Donna, my client just got fired. | 唐娜 我的客户刚被解雇 |
[23:06] | And he’s still gonna be fired in three hours, | 他三个小时后还是被解雇的状态 |
[23:09] | but if I know you, if you clear your head, | 但我了解你 当你冷静下来 |
[23:10] | he might not be fired in four. | 第四个小时他就能找回工作了 |
[23:13] | So what do you say? | 你觉得怎么样 |
[23:15] | I say I’m in the mood for Italian. | 我想吃意大利菜 |
[23:19] | Absolutely, thank you. | 当然 谢谢 |
[23:22] | Katrina, you wanted to see me? | 卡特里娜 你想见我 |
[23:24] | I didn’t just want to see you, Susan. | 我不只是想见你 苏珊 |
[23:27] | I want to know why you willfully disregarded me | 我想知道你为什么故意违背我的意见 |
[23:29] | by contacting your family friend. | 联系你家族的朋友 |
[23:30] | Okay, I know you asked me not to, but– | 我知道你让我不要这么做 但是 |
[23:32] | No, Susan, I told you not to. | 不 苏珊 我告诉过你不要这么做 |
[23:35] | Because not only is it unprofessional. | 因为这么做不仅不专业 |
[23:37] | It’s as much as telling them they have us. | 而且基本就是告诉他们 他们更胜一筹 |
[23:39] | I’m sorry. I was only trying to help us win. | 我很抱歉 我只是想帮我们赢 |
[23:42] | No, you were trying to help yourself, | 不 你只是想帮自己 |
[23:44] | and that is the last thing I need in an associate. | 我最讨厌助理律师干这种事 |
[23:47] | You’re off this case. | 这个案子跟你没关系了 |
[23:54] | I think you should reconsider. | 我觉得你应该重新考虑一下 |
[23:57] | And why would I ever do that? | 我为什么要这样做 |
[23:59] | Because I know why Brian really left. | 因为我知道布莱恩离开的真相 |
[24:03] | What did you just say to me? | 你刚才对我说了什么 |
[24:04] | I said a senior partner and a married associate | 一个资深合伙人和一个已婚助理律师 |
[24:06] | were working closely together, working nights together, | 经常一起工作 并一起工作到很晚 |
[24:09] | until suddenly he up and left with no explanation, | 直到他毫无缘由地突然离开 |
[24:12] | no job lined up… | 也没有其他工作机会 |
[24:14] | Susan, you do not want to do this. | 苏珊 你不会想这么做的 |
[24:16] | Do what? | 做什么 |
[24:18] | Point out that things went too far | 指出事情有点失控了 |
[24:19] | and you bought his silence | 你给了他一个你的客户 |
[24:20] | by giving him one of your clients? | 让他不要把这件事说出去 |
[24:22] | Brian Altman left | 布莱恩·阿特曼离开了 |
[24:23] | because he decided it was best for his family. | 因为他认为这对他的家人最好 |
[24:26] | Yeah, I bet he did. | 可不是吗 |
[24:29] | Well, unless you want Faye Richardson | 好吧 除非你想要法耶·理查德森 |
[24:31] | to suddenly be made aware of the situation, | 也知道这个情况 |
[24:33] | you’ll make me your associate by the end of the week. | 否则你就得在这周结束前让我做你的助理律师 |
[24:43] | Donna, there you are. | 唐娜 你在这里啊 |
[24:44] | No, Gretchen, there I go, because I’m just on my way out. | 不 格蕾琴 当我不在 因为我正要走 |
[24:48] | Well, you might want to stop by Faye’s office first. | 你要先去趟法耶的办公室 |
[24:50] | She’s looking for you. | 她在找你 |
[24:53] | Listen… | 听着… |
[24:54] | do me favor and don’t tell her you ran into me. | 帮我个忙 别告诉她你碰到我了 |
[24:57] | What’s going on, Red? | 怎么了 红发妞 |
[24:59] | She asked me to do some secretarial work for her, | 她让我为她做一些秘书工作 |
[25:01] | and I didn’t finish it. | 我没有完成 |
[25:02] | But I have a dinner at Quattro Gatti tonight, | 我今晚要在夸特罗·加蒂餐厅吃晚餐 |
[25:04] | and I absolutely cannot move it. | 我绝对不能改时间 |
[25:06] | Which means you need someone to run interference | 就是说 当你和哈维在你侬我侬的时候 |
[25:08] | while you and Harvey get your smush face on. | 你需要有人帮你打个掩护 |
[25:11] | That’s right. I said it. | 没错 我说出来了 |
[25:13] | Wait. You know about me and Harvey? | 等等 你知道我和哈维的事吗 |
[25:16] | Please, you think Louis can keep his mouth shut? | 得了吧 你以为路易守得住什么秘密 |
[25:19] | I asked him what he wanted for lunch, and he blurted out, | 我问他中午要吃什么 他就说出来了 |
[25:22] | “Harvey and Donna did it!” | “哈维和唐娜搞上了” |
[25:23] | Did he really do that? | 他真这么说了 |
[25:25] | Might as well have. | 或许吧 |
[25:28] | I’m happy for you, darling. So you go on out to dinner. | 我真为你高兴 亲爱的 你快去吃饭吧 |
[25:31] | I’ll take care of whatever Miss High and Mighty needs. | 我来解决女王大人的问题 |
[25:33] | No, Gretchen, I couldn’t ask you to do that for me. | 不 格蕾琴 我不能让你帮我干这个 |
[25:35] | You’re not asking. I’m telling. | 你没让我干 是我主动的 |
[25:38] | Don’t worry. | 别担心 |
[25:39] | I’ll be so good to that woman, | 我会把她伺候得好好的 |
[25:40] | she won’t even think to ask where you are. | 她不会想起来问你去了哪儿的 |
[25:43] | Thank you, Gretchen. | 谢谢你 格蕾琴 |
[25:46] | I owe you one. | 我欠你个人情 |
[25:55] | Hey, you. Girl with coffee. | 喂 咖啡妹 |
[25:57] | Any idea where Gretchen is? | 你知道格蕾琴在哪儿吗 |
[25:58] | – I’m sorry, I don’t. – Well, if you see her, | -抱歉 我不知道 -如果你见到她 |
[26:00] | tell her I’ve been looking all over for her. | 告诉她 我在到处找她 |
[26:02] | I know where she is, Louis. | 我知道她在哪儿 路易 |
[26:03] | Jesus Christ. | 我的天啊 |
[26:03] | In fact, I’ve been looking all over for you. | 事实上 我也在到处找你 |
[26:05] | She’s working for me on a temporary basis. | 她暂时在帮我干活 |
[26:07] | I’m sorry. Say that again, | 不好意思 再说一遍 |
[26:08] | because my ears are a little clogged with rage. | 我太生气了 有点听不清 |
[26:10] | She did some work for me. It was excellent– | 她帮我做了点事 做得很好 |
[26:12] | Well, then clone her, because you’re not taking my secretary. | 那就克隆一个她 别抢我的秘书 |
[26:15] | I didn’t want your secretary, Louis. | 我没想抢你的秘书 路易 |
[26:17] | I asked Donna to handle my work, | 我让唐娜帮我干活 |
[26:19] | but she pawned it off on Gretchen, and here we are. | 但她推给了格蕾琴 结果就这样了 |
[26:21] | I don’t care what Donna did. You have no right to do this. | 我不管唐娜做了什么 你无权这样做 |
[26:24] | Louis, if you just calm down, | 路易 你冷静一下 |
[26:25] | I assure you, once I get up and running, | 我保证 等我这边走上正轨 |
[26:28] | you can have her back. | 就把她还给你 |
[26:29] | And if I don’t calm down? | 如果我不冷静呢 |
[26:31] | You know, I hear that a lot, “And if I don’t?” | 这个我听得多了 “如果我不” |
[26:35] | Well, not everything’s a threat, Louis. | 不必事事都拿来威胁 路易 |
[26:36] | But if you insist on making it one, | 但如果你坚持要这样威胁我 |
[26:38] | I promise you’ll find what you’re looking for. | 那我就让你见识一下后果 |
[26:47] | Oh, isn’t this nice? | 干得不错嘛 |
[26:49] | Where the hell is Donna? | 唐娜到底上哪儿去了 |
[26:50] | Calm down, Louis. I’m not gonna be here forever. | 冷静点 路易 我不会永远在这儿的 |
[26:53] | You are not gonna be here at all, | 你根本就不该在这儿 |
[26:54] | because it doesn’t take a genius to figure out | 因为傻子都能猜到 |
[26:56] | that she went for a tryst with Harvey. | 她是和哈维出去幽会了 |
[26:57] | You got stuck holding the ball, | 你被困在这儿帮她打掩护 |
[26:58] | and I’m getting her back in here right now. | 我现在就让她回来 |
[27:00] | It wasn’t a tryst, and I didn’t get stuck. | 不是什么幽会 我也没被困在这儿 |
[27:03] | I volunteered. | 是我主动要求的 |
[27:04] | Why the hell would you do that? | 你干嘛要这样做 |
[27:05] | ‘Cause they’re starting a new relationship. | 因为他们刚刚开始恋爱 |
[27:07] | And if you cared about them at all, | 如果你有那么一点儿关心他们 |
[27:08] | you’d leave them alone. | 你就不要打扰他们 |
[27:09] | Are you telling me they couldn’t | 你的意思是 我打电话过去 |
[27:10] | pick up the phone when I called? | 他们都没法接了吗 |
[27:12] | They probably didn’t even see the call. | 他们可能连你的来电都看不见 |
[27:13] | They’re out together. | 他们一起出去了 |
[27:15] | Can’t you understand that? | 你不知道是什么意思吗 |
[27:17] | Gretchen… | 格蕾琴… |
[27:18] | I have endured more humiliation in the last week | 我上周忍受的羞辱 |
[27:21] | than I ever thought was possible. | 远远超过我的想象 |
[27:23] | Donna specifically told me | 唐娜特地跟我说过 |
[27:25] | that she would not let her relationship with Harvey | 如果我需要支持 |
[27:27] | get in the way if I needed support. | 她不会让她和哈维的关系成为阻碍 |
[27:29] | On a scale from one to ten, | 从一分到十分 |
[27:30] | how much support do you think I need right now? | 你觉得我现在有多需要支持 |
[27:32] | Okay, Louis, I’m gonna tell you where they are… | 好吧 路易 我告诉你他们在哪里 |
[27:35] | but I think you should let it go till tomorrow. | 但我觉得你应该等到明天再说 |
[27:40] | The thing that really sets me off | 真正让我来气的是 |
[27:41] | is her holier-than-thou act. | 她那种白莲花的圣母样 |
[27:43] | I mean, nobody is that goody two-shoes. | 我是说 没见过这么假正经的人 |
[27:45] | Yeah, well, what if she is? | 如果她就是这样呢 |
[27:46] | And what if Bill Buckner would’ve fielded that ball? | 如果比尔·巴克纳把球截住了会怎么样呢 |
[27:49] | Okay, I don’t know who that is, | 好吧 我不知道那是谁 |
[27:51] | but it is time we changed the subject, | 但我们是时候换个话题了 |
[27:53] | because we said no work talk, | 因为我们说好了不谈工作的 |
[27:54] | and we just spent half a bottle of wine on Faye Richardson. | 现在却聊着法耶·理查德森喝了半瓶酒了 |
[27:56] | You’re right. | 说得对 |
[27:57] | Let’s talk about something else. | 我们聊点别的吧 |
[27:59] | Anything else. | 别的什么都行 |
[28:13] | – Water’s pretty good. – Yeah. | -这水真不错 -对啊 |
[28:14] | It’s wet. It’s–it’s very wet. | 它是湿的 很湿 |
[28:21] | So… | 那么 |
[28:22] | have you read any good books lately? | 你最近读了什么好书吗 |
[28:24] | Books? | 书 |
[28:26] | That’s the best you’ve got? Water and books? | 你就会这点招数吗 水和书 |
[28:28] | Hey, I don’t see you holding up your end. | 你接话也没接得多好啊 |
[28:30] | “Water is wet”? Who says that? | “水是湿的” 谁会这么说 |
[28:32] | I know! I got flustered! | 我知道 我太紧张了 |
[28:34] | And I mean, who wouldn’t? | 我是说 谁不紧张呢 |
[28:36] | We have spent almost every minute | 过去的15年里 |
[28:37] | of every day together for the last 15 years, | 我们几乎每天都待在一起 |
[28:39] | and now we can’t think of a single thing | 现在我们却连一个话题 |
[28:41] | to say to each other. | 都想不出来 |
[28:42] | What if that’s it? | 如果就是这样了呢 |
[28:44] | What if we’re all out of things to say to each other? | 如果我们彼此之间就是无话可说了呢 |
[28:47] | That’s what you say to me when I’m worried | 我在担心我们没有话题 |
[28:49] | that we have nothing to say? | 你就跟我说这个吗 |
[28:50] | – What is wrong with you? – Oh, my God. | -你怎么回事 -我的天啊 |
[28:52] | What? | 怎么了 |
[28:53] | You just reminded me of Ricky Garfield’s mom. | 你让我想起了里奇·加菲尔德的妈妈 |
[28:55] | He was new in town. I was 16 years old. | 他刚搬过来 那时我十六岁 |
[28:57] | I went over to his house, and there she was, | 我去他家里 她也在家 |
[28:59] | beautiful redhead. | 一头美丽的红发 |
[29:01] | Had a crush on her from the second I saw her. | 我一见到她就被迷住了 |
[29:04] | Just realized you’ve always reminded me of her. | 我刚意识到 你总是会让我想起她 |
[29:09] | What? | 干嘛 |
[29:10] | It’s just nice to know that there are still | 知道你身上还有值得我去发现的东西 |
[29:12] | things I get to find out about you. | 这种感觉真好 |
[29:15] | I like that. | 我喜欢这种感觉 |
[29:17] | Now how about you tell me something | 现在换你来告诉我一些 |
[29:17] | I don’t know about you? | 我不知道的事情怎么样 |
[29:23] | Alex, thank you for inviting me to your home. | 亚历克斯 谢谢你邀请我来你家 |
[29:25] | This is exactly what I needed. | 这正是我现在所需要的 |
[29:27] | Well, I sure as hell couldn’t take you bowling | 我又不能像对路易那样 |
[29:29] | like I did with Louis. | 带你去打保龄球 |
[29:30] | You took Louis bowling? | 你带路易打过保龄球吗 |
[29:32] | = How did that go? – You’d be surprised. | -结果如何 -你肯定不相信 |
[29:34] | He actually bowled a perfect game. | 他其实玩得非常好 |
[29:35] | – Get out. – I shit you not. | -少扯吧 -我没骗你 |
[29:37] | All I had to do was help him tap into his rage. | 我只是帮他把心里的火气发泄出来而已 |
[29:39] | I can see that. | 我能想象出来 |
[29:40] | A few months ago, we confronted his mugger. | 几个月以前我们刚见识过他的脾气 |
[29:41] | He turned into a wild animal. | 就像个野兽 |
[29:43] | Whoa, look who decided to show up! | 看看这是谁来了 |
[29:45] | And perfect timing. I’ve got Chinese. | 来的正好 我买了中国菜 |
[29:47] | Samantha, you can have Debbie’s seat. | 萨曼莎 你可以坐黛比的位子 |
[29:49] | – She’s got tap tonight. – Oh, I’m sorry to hear that. | -她今晚不在 -那太遗憾了 |
[29:51] | I was looking forward to meeting her, | 我还挺想见她的呢 |
[29:52] | because if she’s half as cool | 如果她有她妹妹 |
[29:54] | – as her sister – She’s not. | -一半酷的话 -她并没有 |
[29:55] | Nothing like the love of a sibling. | 一点姐妹情谊都没有 |
[29:57] | Hey, babe, I saw your bumper. | 亲爱的 我看见你的车保险杠了 |
[29:59] | Did you want me to take your car in tomorrow? | 要不要明天我帮你处理 |
[30:01] | What are you talking about? | 你在说什么 |
[30:03] | Have you not seen the back of your car? | 你还没注意到你的车后面吗 |
[30:05] | Looks like you hit a yellow water buffalo. | 看起来像是你撞了一头黄水牛 |
[30:07] | Well, that’s interesting, | 那就有意思了 |
[30:08] | because the last person to drive the car was Joy. | 因为最后一个开车的人是乔伊 |
[30:11] | Don’t look at me. Maybe somebody backed into you. | 别看我 没准是别人追你尾了呢 |
[30:13] | Joy, what happened? | 乔伊 到底怎么回事 |
[30:16] | Fine, I hit a pole in the parking garage. | 好吧 我在停车场撞柱子上了 |
[30:18] | – It’s not a big deal. – The big deal is that | -并不严重 -严重的是 |
[30:20] | you were hoping we wouldn’t notice | 你是想让我们在过一段时间之后 |
[30:22] | until long after you’d driven the car. | 再发现这事吗 |
[30:24] | I-I wasn’t thinking that. | 我并没那么想 |
[30:25] | I just didn’t want you to be mad at me. | 我只是不想你们生我的气 |
[30:26] | And we wouldn’t have been, but we are now. | 本来我们不会生气 但是现在事与愿违 |
[30:29] | You have two choices: you either pay for it, | 你有两个选择 你付钱修理 |
[30:30] | or you’re not driving anywhere for a month. | 或者一个月之内不许开车 |
[30:32] | – Wha–that’s so unfair! – Fair or not, | -这不公平 -不管公平不公平 |
[30:35] | that’s the way it’s gonna be. | 就这么决定了 |
[30:36] | Now, let’s all sit down… | 好了我们都就座吧… |
[30:39] | and try to still have a pleasant evening. | 我们还是要愉快地度过今晚 |
[30:45] | I’m just saying, it’s not unusual | 我是说当人们吃过那个以后 |
[30:47] | for a person to think that after they’ve had one. | 会有那种想法真的不奇怪 |
[30:50] | You thought you’d been poisoned by a peppercorn? | 你觉得你中了胡椒的毒 |
[30:53] | A Szechuan peppercorn, | 是四川胡椒 |
[30:55] | and didn’t think that it poisoned me. | 还有我并没觉得是胡椒有毒 |
[30:56] | I thought someone had poisoned me. | 我觉得是有人下毒害我 |
[30:59] | Haven’t you ever had one? | 你没吃过吗 |
[31:00] | The pertinent question isn’t whether I’ve had them. | 关键问题不是我吃过没有 |
[31:02] | It’s, what did you do to deserve getting poisoned? | 而是你为什么觉得会有人要毒害你 |
[31:05] | Well, that is neither here nor there. | 那无关紧要 |
[31:06] | I knew it. You’re a black widow. | 我知道了 你就是个黑寡妇 |
[31:08] | Harvey, if I was a black widow, | 哈维 如果我是黑寡妇 |
[31:09] | I’d be the one doing the poisoning. | 我就是下毒的那个了 |
[31:10] | You seem to know too much about this subject. | 你对这个话题了解的太多了 |
[31:13] | I’m breaking up with you. | 我没法配合你 |
[31:14] | Good, I really think this whole thing has run its course. | 不错 我以为整个事件都一直在轨道上 |
[31:18] | Holy shit. | 见鬼 |
[31:20] | Clearing my head really did help. | 不过真的帮我理清了思路 |
[31:22] | I think I know why they fired Dan. | 我想明白丹为什么被炒了 |
[31:24] | And I think I know what I’m gonna do about it. | 我也知道自己该做什么了 |
[31:26] | Then let’s go do it. | 那就让我们开始吧 |
[31:28] | No. Not until tomorrow. | 明天开始也不晚 |
[31:30] | Tonight is for us. | 今晚是属于我们俩的 |
[31:32] | You know, I think you might | 我以为 |
[31:33] | be getting the hang of this whole dinner thing. | 你已经掌握了约饭的技巧 |
[31:36] | Telling me old stories… | 跟我讲些过去的事… |
[31:38] | making me feel– | 让我觉得 |
[31:43] | Oh, shoot, it’s Louis. Maybe I should get it. | 是路易 我觉得我应该接一下 |
[31:46] | Donna, the whole point of tonight was just us. | 唐娜 今晚只有我们两个才是最重要的 |
[31:48] | I know, but after the whole Faye thing, | 我明白 但是法耶搞了这么多事情 |
[31:50] | I promised that we’d be there for him if he needed us. | 我跟他说过如果他有需要 我们会帮他 |
[31:52] | If there’s an emergency, he’ll leave a voice mail. | 有急事他会留语音的 |
[31:54] | You can call him right back. | 那样你可以马上回他电话 |
[32:01] | Good. Now, we are gonna pay the check, | 好了 现在我们结账吧 |
[32:02] | and then I’m gonna go home and I’m gonna be young Harvey, | 回家我会变成毛头小子哈维 |
[32:05] | and you are gonna be Ricky Garfield’s mom. | 而你会变成里奇·加菲尔德的妈妈 |
[32:21] | You’re in early. | 你来的够早 |
[32:23] | I usually am. What can I do for you? | 习惯了 找我有事吗 |
[32:26] | I had dinner last night with Alex and his family, | 昨天我在亚历克斯家吃的晚饭 |
[32:29] | and it reminded me that the closest thing I have to family | 这提醒了我我最亲近的人 |
[32:31] | are the people at this firm. | 是你们这些同事 |
[32:33] | I never thanked you for standing up to me with Lucas, | 我还没谢谢你上次和卢卡斯一起对抗我 |
[32:36] | so… | 所以 |
[32:38] | thank you. | 谢谢你 |
[32:41] | Speaking of standing up, | 说起对抗 |
[32:43] | I stood up to you more than once. | 我不止一次和你对抗了 |
[32:46] | How did you know when to give in to me and when not to? | 你怎么知道哪次要退让哪次又不需要退让呢 |
[32:48] | Every time you stood up to me, | 每次你和我对抗 |
[32:51] | I backed down | 我都退让了 |
[32:52] | because you were in the right. | 因为你总是正义的一方 |
[32:54] | So I guess the question is, are you in the right? | 所以问题是你到底是不是正义的一方 |
[32:57] | I am in the right. | 我是正义的 |
[32:59] | The problem is, the person standing up to me | 问题在于和我对抗的人 |
[33:02] | has information I don’t want coming out. | 手里有我的把柄 |
[33:05] | Well, I can’t tell you the answer, Katrina, | 这个我回答不了你 卡特里娜 |
[33:08] | but I can tell you, whoever it is, | 但是我可以告诉你的是 不管是谁 |
[33:10] | if you give them an inch, they will take a mile. | 你越退缩他们越会得寸进尺 |
[33:17] | You fired him, didn’t you? | 你把他炒了 是吗 |
[33:19] | What? | 什么 |
[33:20] | You ran Johnson and Powell | 丹·弗利的合同确定了以后 |
[33:22] | when Dan Foley’s contract was written. | 你来负责约翰逊和鲍威尔 |
[33:24] | You knew there was a clause that allowed them | 你知道合同里有条款允许他们 |
[33:25] | to fire him during litigation, | 在诉讼期间解雇他 |
[33:27] | and you had them pull the trigger. | 然后你促使他们这么做了 |
[33:28] | Are you out of your mind? | 你是疯了吗 |
[33:29] | Are you gonna tell me you didn’t | 你是要跟我说 |
[33:30] | have a conversation with them about me? | 你根本没跟他们谈起过我吗 |
[33:31] | Excuse me? | 什么意思 |
[33:33] | Right there. | 给你 |
[33:33] | A 15-minute call with you and Johnson and Powell | 你我谈完不到两小时 你就跟约翰逊和鲍威尔 |
[33:36] | not two hours after you and I spoke. | 通了15分钟电话 |
[33:38] | You dug into my phone records? | 你去挖我的通话记录 |
[33:40] | Answer my question, or we’ll do it in a deposition. | 回答我的问题 不然我就取证的时候再问 |
[33:43] | Did you talk to them about me? | 你跟他们说起过我吗 |
[33:44] | I have a subpoena right here, and, Faye, | 我这里就有一份传票 法耶 |
[33:47] | it isn’t gonna look good | 职业道德专家宣誓后撒谎 |
[33:48] | having an ethics expert lie under oath. | 那样可就太不好看了 |
[33:51] | Okay. You’re right. You got to me. | 好吧 你说得对 你惹毛我了 |
[33:53] | You pissed me off so much, I was rooting for you to lose, | 我太生气了 我就等着看你输 |
[33:57] | but unlike you, I wouldn’t act on that. | 但不像你 我不会故意使坏 |
[33:59] | Then how do you explain the phone call? | 那你怎么解释这通话记录 |
[34:01] | Easily. I didn’t call them. They called me. | 简单 不是我打给他们 是他们打给我的 |
[34:03] | And the reason they did | 他们给我打电话是为了 |
[34:05] | was to say what an asshole you were. | 跟我说你有多混蛋 |
[34:07] | It was a 15-minute phone call. | 这电话打了15分钟 |
[34:09] | Oh, they had plenty to say on the matter, | 这件事上他们可有不少要说 |
[34:11] | but what they didn’t do is ask for my help, | 但他们没让我帮忙 |
[34:12] | because if they had, | 因为如果那样的话 |
[34:14] | my next call would’ve been to the New York Bar. | 我的下一通电话就会是打给纽约律师协会 |
[34:17] | Bullshit. | 扯淡 |
[34:20] | Then subpoena me. | 那就传唤我吧 |
[34:22] | I’ll be happy to say all that under oath. | 我很乐意在宣誓后讲出这些 |
[34:24] | And while you’re at it, subpoena Johnson and Powell. | 你大可以顺便传唤约翰逊和鲍威尔 |
[34:26] | They’ll say the same thing. | 他们也会这样说的 |
[34:28] | And then maybe you’ll realize | 然后你或许就能意识到 |
[34:30] | all you accomplished by taking this case | 你接下这个案子的唯一成果就是 |
[34:32] | was getting Dan Foley fired. | 让丹·弗利丢了工作 |
[34:42] | Susan, do you mind coming with me? | 苏珊 方便跟我来一下吗 |
[34:44] | I take it you thought about what we discussed? | 我看你考虑过我们讨论的事情了 |
[34:47] | I did. | 是的 |
[34:48] | And if you’re going to be my associate, | 如果你要成为我的助理律师 |
[34:50] | you’ll need an office. | 就需要一间办公室 |
[34:51] | We just need to get it approved. | 我们只需要通过批准 |
[35:01] | Katrina, I’ve had a bit of a long morning, | 卡特里娜 我这一早过得不太顺 |
[35:04] | – so whatever it is– – This’ll just take a minute. | -所以无论是什么 -很快就好 |
[35:06] | I know you run a tight ethical ship, | 我知道你的职业道德审查很严格 |
[35:08] | and Susan has something | 而苏珊有件事想要 |
[35:10] | she would like to bring to your attention. | 向你汇报一下 |
[35:12] | I’m listening. | 说吧 |
[35:15] | Susan’s too modest to toot her own horn, so I will. | 苏珊很谦虚 不想自吹自擂 所以我来说 |
[35:18] | We were working on the VersaLife case together | 我们一起在办回春制药的案子 |
[35:20] | when Susan made a mistake. | 那时苏珊犯了个错误 |
[35:22] | That doesn’t sound like something | 那听着不像是 |
[35:24] | – to toot your horn about. – It wasn’t the mistake. | -值得自吹自擂的事 -不是指犯错本身 |
[35:26] | It’s what she did afterwards. | 是她后续的做法 |
[35:27] | Susan came to me and owned up to what she did. | 苏珊来找我 承认了自己的错误 |
[35:31] | Is this true? | 这是真的吗 |
[35:34] | Yes, it is. | 是的 |
[35:36] | Then it’s nice to know the culture here hasn’t corrupted everyone. | 看来这里的氛围还没把所有人都腐蚀 这很好 |
[35:40] | Was there something else? | 还有别的事情吗 |
[35:42] | Susan? | 苏珊 |
[35:45] | No, nothing else. | 没有了 |
[35:47] | Then keep up the good work. | 那就继续努力吧 |
[35:59] | Louis, whatever it is, now is not a great time. | 路易 无论什么事 现在都不是时候 |
[36:01] | Oh, I’m sure it’s not. Never seems to be anymore. | 当然了 从来都不是时候 |
[36:04] | I just thought you should be the first to know. | 我只是觉得应该第一个让你知道 |
[36:05] | Know what? | 知道什么 |
[36:07] | I’m leaving. | 我要走了 |
[36:08] | To take a judgeship. | 去当法官 |
[36:12] | Now? You’re leaving now? | 现在吗 你要这个时候走 |
[36:14] | I know it’s not great timing, but– | 我知道这个时机不好 但是 |
[36:15] | Are you kidding me? How could you do this to us? | 你在开玩笑吗 你怎么能这样对我们 |
[36:17] | We’re in the middle of a war! | 我们正在战争状态 |
[36:19] | A war that has cost me my title and my dignity. | 这场战争已经剥夺了我的头衔和尊严 |
[36:22] | And I keep waiting for the shoes to finish dropping, | 我一直在等着事情尘埃落定 |
[36:25] | but they keep raining down. | 但是情况越来越糟 |
[36:26] | Well, then let it rain! You can fight this. | 随他怎样 你能战胜这些 |
[36:28] | Don’t you get it? I’m not you. | 你不懂吗 我不是你 |
[36:30] | I’m not the guy it works out for. | 我不是那个能扭转局面的人 |
[36:32] | – You don’t need to be me. – No, I don’t, | -你不需要像我这样 -确实 |
[36:34] | but I don’t even have you in my goddamn corner anymore. | 但我甚至都没有你的支持了 |
[36:37] | – Louis– – Okay, you know what? Fine! | -路易 -算了 这么说吧 |
[36:38] | You want the truth? | 你想听实话吗 |
[36:40] | I can take every last humiliation | 那个婆娘泼给我的屈辱 |
[36:42] | that woman can dish out, | 我都能承受 |
[36:43] | but the one thing that I can’t take | 但我唯一受不了的就是 |
[36:44] | is you and Donna laughing at me. | 你和唐娜嘲笑我 |
[36:46] | What are you talking about? | 你在说什么呢 |
[36:47] | I saw you. | 我看见你们了 |
[36:49] | I went to your restaurant last night. | 我昨晚去了你们吃饭的餐厅 |
[36:50] | I saw you see it was me calling, | 我看着你们看见我打电话 |
[36:52] | you sent it to voice mail, and you started laughing. | 把来电转去语音信箱 然后开始笑 |
[36:55] | We weren’t laughing at you. | 我们不是在笑你 |
[36:58] | We agreed not to let work intrude, | 我们一致同意不让工作干涉私生活 |
[37:00] | so we didn’t answer, | 所以我们没接电话 |
[37:01] | and I made a joke about something else. | 然后我说了个其他事情的笑话 |
[37:05] | Swear to me that’s true. | 跟我发誓你没说谎 |
[37:06] | I swear. | 我发誓 |
[37:08] | Louis… | 路易 |
[37:11] | I’m in your corner. | 我全力支持你的 |
[37:14] | But you didn’t even come see me. | 但你甚至不来见我 |
[37:15] | Because I’ve been fighting for you. | 因为我一直在为你争取 |
[37:22] | I get that, Harvey, | 我明白 哈维 |
[37:24] | but the truth is… | 但事实上 |
[37:27] | I’d rather you’d just come sit with me | 我更希望你能跟我一起坐一会儿 |
[37:28] | than go tilting at windmills. | 而不是扮唐·吉诃德去捅风车 |
[37:31] | Windmills? What are you talking about? | 风车 你说什么 |
[37:32] | It’s “Man of La Mancha.” | 《唐·吉诃德》的音乐剧《梦幻骑士》 |
[37:33] | Why do I even? | 我干嘛说这个 |
[37:39] | I should’ve come to you, Louis. | 我当时应该去找你的 路易 |
[37:41] | I just didn’t know what to say, because I couldn’t stand… | 我只是不知道该说什么 因为我受不了 |
[37:45] | what she was doing to my friend. | 她这样对待我的朋友 |
[37:47] | So…you want to become a judge, I understand. | 所以 你想去当法官的话 我理解 |
[37:50] | It’s just, we’ve been through so much together. | 只是我们共同经历了那么多 |
[37:54] | Please, don’t let me tilting at wind chimes | 请别让我去捅风铃的事 |
[37:57] | be the thing that pulls us apart. | 成为我们分开的原因 |
[38:00] | It’s windmills. | 是风车 |
[38:02] | Windmills, whatever. | 好吧风车 随便了 |
[38:12] | I was wondering when you’d show up. | 我还在想你什么时候会来找我 |
[38:16] | How did you know I wouldn’t tell Faye about you and Brian? | 你怎么知道我不会对法耶说你和布莱恩的事 |
[38:19] | I didn’t. | 我不知道 |
[38:21] | I just knew I’d rather you tell her than find out | 只是比起看到你在六个月之后飞扬跋扈的样子 |
[38:23] | what you’d be like in six months. | 我还是宁愿让你去告诉她 |
[38:25] | Then why not just turn me in? | 那为什么不直接告发我 |
[38:28] | Because I was ambitious when I first got here too. | 因为刚来这里时我也很有野心 |
[38:32] | And ambition isn’t a bad thing, Susan, | 有野心并不是坏事 苏珊 |
[38:36] | but it can’t be all you have. | 但一个人不能只有野心 |
[38:48] | Alex… | 亚历克斯 |
[38:49] | do you have a sec? | 有时间吗 |
[38:50] | Yes, and before you say anything, | 有 我想先说一句 |
[38:53] | I’m sorry about last night. | 关于昨晚的事我很抱歉 |
[38:54] | It’s not what I had in mind. | 我没想到会发生那样的事 |
[38:55] | Actually, I came here… | 事实上 我来 |
[38:58] | to thank you for it. | 是想为这件事谢谢你 |
[39:00] | Come on, Samantha. I know my daughter. | 拜托 萨曼莎 我了解我女儿 |
[39:03] | It was terrible. | 昨天很糟糕 |
[39:04] | It wasn’t terrible. | 不糟糕 |
[39:05] | It was family, and it was exactly what I needed. | 那才是家人 而且那正是我需要的 |
[39:09] | Well, if that’s what you needed, | 如果那就是你需要的 |
[39:11] | you’re in worse shape than I thought. | 那你恐怕比我估计得还糟糕 |
[39:12] | I decided to find out who my biological parents are. | 我决定搞清楚我的亲生父母是谁 |
[39:17] | What? | 什么 |
[39:19] | I wasn’t gonna tell you… | 我本来不打算告诉你 |
[39:21] | but you’re being such a dipshit, | 但看你那么混蛋 |
[39:22] | I thought you should know. | 我就想告诉你一声 |
[39:25] | Even watching you fight made me appreciate… | 即使是看着你们吵架我也觉得很温馨… |
[39:28] | what a wonderful family you have. | 看到你有这么美满的一个家 |
[39:31] | And then I got to thinking how Joy is so much a cross | 然后我就在想 乔伊是你和罗莎莉的 |
[39:34] | between you and Rosalie, | 重要纽带 |
[39:37] | and I thought… | 我就觉得 |
[39:40] | I have to know. | 我需要知道 |
[39:42] | So all I have to do is be a dipshit | 所以想要了解你温柔的一面 |
[39:44] | and you’ll show me your soft side? | 我只需要当个混蛋就行了是吧 |
[39:46] | Worked for Robert. | 罗伯特就是这么做到的 |
[39:49] | Thank you for trusting me with that, Samantha. | 谢谢你能在此事上相信我 萨曼莎 |
[39:52] | It means a lot. | 对我意义重大 |
[39:55] | It means a lot to me too. | 对我也是 |
[39:58] | Thanks for having me over. | 谢谢你的邀请 |
[40:05] | Yup. | 对 |
[40:06] | Okay, wait, let me get this straight. | 等等 让我搞清楚 |
[40:08] | His mankini was your idea? | 他穿男士比基尼是你的主意 |
[40:10] | You’d be surprised how much a little constriction | 你根本不知道在卧室活动里加一点束缚 |
[40:12] | increases virility in the bedroom. | 能增加多少性趣 |
[40:14] | That is an unwanted fact. | 真希望你没告诉我 |
[40:16] | Donna. | 唐娜 |
[40:18] | What are you doing here? | 你怎么在这里 |
[40:19] | She came over to say how much | 她来家里跟我讲 |
[40:20] | she wants you to stay at the firm. | 她有多希望你留在律所 |
[40:23] | I’ll admit, at first, I wasn’t in favor– | 我承认 一开始我不太同意 |
[40:26] | But then I told her that Harvey and I | 但我跟她说哈维和我 |
[40:27] | would never leave you. | 绝不会离开你 |
[40:30] | Then I guess it’s a good thing I already decided to stay. | 那我想我决定留下应该是件好事了 |
[40:33] | You did? | 你已经决定了吗 |
[40:35] | I did. | 是的 |
[40:36] | Well… | 好吧 |
[40:37] | now that I don’t have to spend the rest of my night begging, | 既然我不用把后半夜全花在乞求你留下上了 |
[40:39] | there really is just one thing left for us to do. | 那我们好像只剩一件事可以做了 |
[40:45] | Are you saying what I think you’re saying? | 你指的是我心里想的那件事吗 |
[40:47] | I am. | 是的 |
[40:49] | Girls’ night. | 闺蜜之夜 |
[40:49] | Oh, my God. It’s really happening. | 天哪 真的要开始了 |
[40:51] | Are we watching “Dirty Dancing”? | 我们要看《脏舞》吗 |
[40:53] | Should we start with a round of “I Never”? | 还是先看《绝不》 |
[40:54] | Doesn’t matter to me. Just choose fast. | 无所谓 只要你赶紧选一个出来 |
[40:56] | I go to bed early, and I’ll have to pee ten times | 我需要早睡 而且从现在到上床 |
[40:58] | between now and then… | 我还得去十次卫生间 |
[41:00] | including in about five seconds. | 其中一次就在五秒之后 |
[41:01] | – Go! – It’s your call, Louis. | -快去 -听你的 路易 |
[41:04] | Because tonight… | 因为今晚 |
[41:06] | you are the most important woman in the room. | 你是屋里最重要的女生 |
[41:09] | Donna, that is the nicest thing you’ve ever said to me. | 唐娜 这是你对我说过最甜蜜的话 |
[41:13] | “Dirty Dancing” it is. | 就看《脏舞》了 |
[41:16] | Faye, funny running into you. | 法耶 真巧遇到了你 |
[41:19] | You appear to be in fine spirits. | 你看起来心情不错 |
[41:21] | That’s because someone recently reminded me | 因为有人最近提醒了我 |
[41:24] | I’m the guy it always works out for. | 我总能得到我想要的 |
[41:27] | Your modesty is astounding. | 您真谦虚 |
[41:29] | It isn’t about modesty. It’s about character. | 不是谦虚 是有个性 |
[41:31] | You see, Faye, the reason things always work out for me | 是这样 法耶 我之所以能得偿所愿 |
[41:34] | isn’t that I sometimes cross lines. | 不是因为我有时候会越界 |
[41:37] | It’s the relationship I have with people. | 而是因为我有关系 |
[41:40] | What did you do? | 你干了什么 |
[41:42] | I went to Kevin Miller. He’s an old friend of mine. | 我去找了凯文·米勒 他是个老朋友 |
[41:44] | I told him he’d be a fool | 我告诉他说要是现在 |
[41:46] | to pass up an opportunity to buy SensaTech. | 不抓住机会收购森萨科技那就是傻了 |
[41:48] | I also told him he’d be a fool not to hire back | 我还跟他说不用那个 |
[41:51] | the man that built that company from scratch. | 白手起家打造了这个公司的人才傻了 |
[41:53] | And what exactly did you do for Mr. Miller | 那你又是做了什么才和米勒先生 |
[41:55] | to become his friend? | 成了朋友呢 |
[41:56] | I got him out of a jam, | 我救了他 |
[41:58] | like the way I’m willing to let you out of one. | 就像现在我也乐意救你一样 |
[42:01] | Excuse me? | 你说什么 |
[42:02] | Johnson and Powell remain SensaTech’s counsel. | 约翰逊和鲍威尔可以继续留在森萨科技做顾问 |
[42:04] | You save face, and all you have to do | 你也保住了颜面 而你只要 |
[42:06] | is give Gretchen back to Louis. | 把格蕾琴还给路易就行了 |
[42:07] | I don’t believe it. | 难以置信 |
[42:08] | You’re leveraging a client for your own purposes. | 你用一个客户要挟我就为了私人目的 |
[42:11] | My client is fine with it. I came through for him. | 我的客户没意见 因为我帮了他 |
[42:14] | Well, I’m not fine with it, and I don’t play by your rules. | 但我有意见 我也不打算按你的规矩来 |
[42:17] | And what if Gretchen isn’t fine working for you? | 要是格蕾琴不愿意为你工作呢 |
[42:19] | I told him it was temporary, | 我跟他说了这只是暂时的 |
[42:20] | but if you think you’re going to extort me | 但如果你以为你可以勒索我 |
[42:22] | into getting her back early, | 把她还给他 |
[42:24] | you can hand in your resignation. | 你还不如直接交辞呈 |
[42:26] | This isn’t your firm, Faye. It’s mine. | 这不是你的律所 法耶 是我的 |
[42:29] | And I’m not going anywhere. | 我哪也不会去 |
[42:31] | And neither am I. | 我也一样 |
[42:32] | And for the record, | 而且我要说 |
[42:32] | you said you’d do anything to win this | 你说你为了赢可以不择手段 |
[42:34] | but you haven’t crossed a single line. | 但是你这次赢了 却没越界 |
[42:36] | So, as far as I’m concerned, | 所以就我看来 |
[42:38] | I’m doing my job. | 我很称职 |